时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on Gilmore Girls. | 前情介绍 |
[00:03] | – Oh, my God, I’m going to Chilton? – You did it, babe. You got in. | – 噢 我的天哪 我要去Chilton上学了么? – 是的 宝贝 你被录取了 |
[00:07] | – I told Mom you’re changing schools. – Is she thrilled? | – 我跟我妈说了你要转学 – 她是不是乐得都抽过去了? |
[00:09] | The party’s on Friday. | 派对是周五 |
[00:10] | Are you moving? | 你要离开了么? |
[00:11] | No, just my books are. | 不 只是我的书 |
[00:13] | – Ready? – Yes. | – 好了么? – 好了 |
[00:14] | Headmaster Charleston will see you. | 校长Charleston要见你们 |
[00:15] | You may have been the smartest at Stars Hollow, but it’s different here. | 你也许是Stars Hollow 最聪明的女孩 但是在这里就不同了 |
[00:19] | You’ll never catch up, and you’ll never beat me. | 你永远也赶不上 你永远也无法打败我 |
[00:21] | There’s a good chance you will fail. | 你很容易失败 |
[00:23] | – Who’s that? – New girl. | – 那是谁? – 新来的女孩 |
[00:25] | Stay out of my way. I will make this school a living hell for you. | 离我远点 不然我会让这个学校变成你的地狱 |
[00:29] | See you tomorrow, Mary. | 明天见 Mary |
[00:30] | – They kept calling me Mary. – Mary, like Virgin Mary. | – 他们都叫我Mary – Mary 就像圣母玛利亚 |
[00:33] | What if I had looked like a slut? | 如果他们认为我像个荡妇会怎样说? |
[00:36] | They might have added a “Magdalene” to it. | 他们可能会在前面加个Magdalene(从良的妓女) |
[00:40] | – Shopping for school supplies. Party. – Nobody demanded that you come. | – 买点学校要用的东西 – 没人要你来的 |
[00:43] | Are you kidding? How often do you do things like this? | 你在开玩笑么? 你多久才买一次东西啊? |
[00:46] | While we’re going crazy, we should get toilet paper and a plunger. | 啊 我们要疯狂的购物 我应该买些卫生纸和抽水塞 |
[00:49] | I’ll do this later. | 我晚些时候再来买吧 |
[00:50] | – No, I’m teasing. Get that list of yours. – Okay. | – 别 我在开玩笑 买你单子里的那些东西 – 好吧 |
[00:55] | – I need legal pads… – Got it. | – 我要买法学笔记本 – 知道了 |
[00:57] | …tons of pens, some number 2 pencils, three highlighters, an eraser… | …许多的钢笔 一些2号铅笔 3根荧光笔 一块橡皮… |
[01:02] | a staple remover, and a folder. | 一个拨钉机 和一个夹子 |
[01:04] | – You need three highlighters? – Yes. | – 你需要3根荧光笔么? – 对 |
[01:06] | – That’s a very random number. – It is not random. | – 这是随口说的的数字么 – 一点都不随意啊 |
[01:09] | How did you get to the number three? | 那你为什么要3根啊? |
[01:11] | One dries up, one gets lost, I have one left. | 一根没水了 一根丢了 我还有一根备用 |
[01:13] | – You’ve really thought this out. – Yes. | – 你还真的这么想啊 – 是啊 |
[01:14] | What came first, the chicken or the egg? | 那是先有鸡还是先有蛋? |
[01:16] | – Can we get back to the list? – All right. Hey, legal pads. | – 我们能只买单子上的东西 – 好吧 嘿 这有笔记本 |
[01:21] | – No. Those are purple. – Yes. Purple is festive. | – 不行 这是紫色的 – 是啊 紫色很喜庆么 |
[01:24] | – I can’t have purple. – You can. They’re on sale. | – 我不能用紫色的 – 你可以的 他们在打折呢 |
[01:26] | I’m going to a serious school. I need serious paper. | 我要去一个很严肃的学校 我需要严肃的笔记本 |
[01:28] | – Paper is paper. – Not at Chilton. | – 笔记本就是笔记本么 – 在Chilton不是 |
[01:30] | – All right, fine. Here’s your serious paper. – Thank you. | – 好吧 这是你的严肃的笔记本 – 谢谢 |
[01:34] | And here are your somber highlighters, your maudlin pencils… | 恩 这是你的忧郁的荧光笔 脆弱的铅笔 |
[01:38] | – your manic-depressive pens. – Mom. | – 你躁郁的钢笔 – 妈妈 |
[01:41] | These erasers are on lithium. So they seem cheerful… | 这些橡皮是锂做的 所以他们看起很高兴… |
[01:43] | but we caught them trying to shove themselves in the pencil sharpener. | 但是我们发现他们正在自己往攥笔刀里钻 |
[01:47] | – I’m going home. – No, wait. | – 我要回家了 – 别 等等 |
[01:48] | We’re gonna stage an intervention with the neon Post-its… | 我们还要干涉那些备忘条… |
[01:51] | and make them give up their wacky, crazy ways. | 让他们放弃那些古怪疯狂的想法 |
[01:54] | You’re never coming shopping with me again. | 你永远也不会和我一起购物了 |
[01:56] | Here’s a card tray. Everything is gonna… | 这还有些文件夹 所有的事情都会… |
[03:29] | Decent effort by most. Good effort by some. | 大部分同学做得不错 少部分同学做得也可以 |
[03:32] | Exceptional effort by two. | 但有两个同学例外 |
[03:35] | Ms. Geller. Ms. Grant. | Geller小姐 Grant小姐 |
[03:40] | Mr. Graham. Ms. Gilmore. | Graham小姐 Gilmore小姐 |
[03:45] | Take these home. Learn from your mistakes. | 把这个带回家 看看自己都错了什么 |
[03:49] | Look at the large red circles around various parts of your papers… | 看看你们卷子上到处划着的大红圈 |
[03:53] | as friendly reminders that to err is human. | 只是为了友好的告诉大家人非圣人孰能无过 |
[03:56] | And that here at Chilton, we try to beat that humanity right out of you. | 但是在Chilton这里 我们会试着去 把你们犯错误的权利取消 |
[04:00] | Okay, next up, the test. | 好了 下面是考试的事情 |
[04:03] | The dreaded test. Shakespeare! | 恐怖的考试 莎士比亚 |
[04:05] | The man we’ve been droning on about for the last three weeks… | 那个我们已经唠叨了至少3个星期的人 |
[04:08] | finally comes back to haunt us on Friday. | 终于要在星期五来拜访大家了 |
[04:12] | This is a big one, my friends. Multiple-choice, with an essay section… | 这次考试很重要 我的同学们 节选文章的多项选择题 |
[04:15] | that will count for 20% of your grade this semester. | 这次考试将要占你们这学期成绩的20% |
[04:19] | Don’t be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. | 不要被我慈善的脸和富有魅力的性格所迷惑 |
[04:22] | This test will be hard, and there will be no make-ups. | 这次的考试会很难 而且没有补考的机会 |
[04:26] | Refer to the study materials I gave you at the beginning of the month… | 考试主要涉及这个月刚开始给你们发的材料… |
[04:29] | and those extensive notes I know you’ve been taking. | 还有那些你们做的那些详细的笔记 |
[04:33] | – Hard paper. – Killer. | – 很难的考题阿 – 是啊 够要命的 |
[04:35] | – How did you do? – “A.” | – 你考得如何? – A |
[04:37] | Me, too! | 我也是 |
[04:38] | – Small world. – Isn’t it? | – 这么巧 – 不是么? |
[04:39] | – Madeline, what did you get? – You know I got a “B.” | – Madeline 你得了什么? – 你们知道的 我得了B |
[04:42] | – A “B’s” not bad. It’s respectable even. – Not at all. | – B也不错啊 – 一点也不 |
[04:45] | I’d be proud. | 我会很骄傲的 |
[04:46] | A “D,” however, that would be cause for concern. | D可就要给予足够的重视了 |
[04:50] | A cry for help. | 哭着找人帮忙么? |
[04:51] | A job application at McDonald’s. | 申请一份麦当劳的工作 |
[04:53] | “Would you like fries with that?” | “你想要炸薯条么?” |
[04:54] | Hey, you know, not everybody can be smart. | 嘿 你知道的 不是所有人都很聪明的 |
[04:57] | As my mother always says, “Somebody has to answer the phones.” | 就像我妈妈经常说的 “总得有人去当话务员” |
[05:00] | I have no idea what you two are talking about. | 我不明白 你们在说什么 |
[05:03] | No, but Rory does. | 不明白 但是Rory明白 |
[05:09] | Hey, Mary! | 嗨 Mary! |
[05:11] | And it just keeps getting better. | 事情总会好起来的 |
[05:13] | – You look sad. – I’m fine. | – 你看起来很难过 – 我很好 |
[05:15] | – Bad grade? – I have to go. | – 考得不好? – 我要走了 |
[05:17] | Mary, I just can’t figure out why we’re not friends. | Mary 我就不明白了 我们为什么不能成为朋友 |
[05:20] | I think it’s because I make you nervous. | 我想可能是我让你很紧张 |
[05:22] | I think it’s because you can’t learn my name. | 我认为是你还不能叫对我的名字 |
[05:24] | – Do you have a boyfriend? – None of your business. | – 你有男朋友么? – 不关你的事 |
[05:26] | – Is that a no? – Is there no one else you can bother? | – 这代表没有么? – 这里没有其他人你能搭讪了么? |
[05:29] | I think you like me. You just don’t know how to say it. | 我想你是喜欢我 就是不知道如何去说 |
[05:32] | – So what are you doing Friday night? – I’m busy. | – 好了 你周末做什么啊 – 我很忙 |
[05:34] | What, you gotta be back at the convent by 5:00? | 什么 你要到5点之前回修道院么? |
[05:37] | Please leave me alone. | 请让我安静会好么 |
[05:39] | All right. Since you said “please.” | 好吧 既然你都说了“请”字 |
[05:42] | Later, Mary. | 回见 Mary |
[05:51] | – You imbecile! – Back off, chevalier. | – 你这个白痴 – 让开 侠士 |
[05:54] | – You’re stupid, blind, and clumsy. – At least I’m not French. | – 你这个愚蠢的 瞎了眼的 笨蛋 – 至少我不是法国人 |
[05:57] | – What’s going on? – She ran over my shoe. | – 怎么了? – 她从我的脚上压过去了 |
[05:59] | – He got in the way. – You aimed for me. | – 他挡着路呢 – 你是故意的 |
[06:02] | – Hold on. – She scratched my shoes. | – 别这样 – 她弄坏了我的鞋 |
[06:04] | – What a baby. – These are $300 Italian loafers. | – 多么小气阿 – 这可是意大利loafers300美元一双的鞋阿 |
[06:08] | I wonder if Versace makes a pacifier. | 我不知道范思哲会不会做奶嘴 |
[06:10] | – You’re fired. – You can’t fire me. | – 你被解雇了 – 你不能解雇我 |
[06:13] | – Then I dock your pay. Can I kill her? – Not before high tea. | – 那我就扣你的工资 我能杀了她么 – 在喝浓茶之前不行 |
[06:17] | Fine. Then I will curse you constantly and in several languages. | 那好 我会用各种语言来诅咒你 |
[06:20] | – I’m going for the other foot. – Don’t! Drella, to your corner now. | – 我要压你另外一只脚 – 别 Drella 去你该去的地方啊 |
[06:26] | I win. | 我赢了 |
[06:27] | Michel, you’re a grown man. Now go to your desk and act like one. | Michel 你还真是个成熟的男人 好了 回到你的岗位 做得像个真正的成熟的男人 |
[06:34] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的上帝 |
[06:41] | – Okay, just a minute. – I’ve got it. | – 好的 等一下 – 我拿到了 |
[06:45] | The review? | 评论么? |
[06:46] | – It’s here. – Where is it? | – 在这 – 在哪一页? |
[06:48] | – I’m looking. – Hurry. | – 我在找 – 快啊 |
[06:52] | Behold, in theaters now, The Thing That Reads A Lot. | 注意了 好戏正在上演《这意味着很多》 |
[06:56] | – Chocolate? – Glass measuring cup. | – 巧克力呢? – 在玻璃杯里 |
[06:58] | – Lorelai, look. – I’m sorry. | – Lorelai 找啊 – 对不起 |
[07:02] | – Jeez, who’s naked? – Lucien Mills, food critic. | – 嘿 谁又裸体了? – Lucien Mills 美食家 |
[07:05] | Yeah? How’s his butt? | 是么? 他的屁股如何啊? |
[07:06] | He was supposed to review the restaurant. Here it is. | 不 他应该是评价餐厅食物如何 在这里 |
[07:10] | Is it good? Is he mean? Should I cry? | 好么?刻薄么?我是不是应该哭? |
[07:13] | Here we go. | 我们开始 |
[07:15] | “The words “divine,” “delectable,” and “delirious”…” | “非凡的””令人愉快的”和”令人发狂的”这些词 |
[07:17] | “don’t begin to describe the delicious experience…” | 不能在开始时描述 “我在独立旅馆那顿美味饭菜的经历” |
[07:20] | “of dining at the Independence Inn.” I’m smelling rave. | 我闻到奉承了 |
[07:23] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:24] | “Only Chef Sookie St. James could make a simple salad…” | “只有厨师Sookie St. James 才能用简单的温室番茄沙拉 |
[07:27] | “of hothouse tomatoes and assorted fresh herbs seem like a religious experience.” | 和多样的香草 做出如此虔诚的美味 |
[07:32] | “Her lobster bisque is worth every sinful, cream-filled, rich sip.” | 她的龙虾奶油烫 值得每一次的大口的吮吸” |
[07:35] | See, I don’t use that much cream. I just use a very concentrated lobster stock. | 看吧 我并没有用太多的奶油 我只是用了浓缩的龙虾料包 |
[07:39] | – And it really makes it… – He’s not here. | – 所以它确实让汤很美味… – 他又不在这 |
[07:42] | Okay, go on. | 好的 继续 |
[07:43] | “The entrees are as heavenly as the starters.” | “两道开胃小菜也非常的不错 |
[07:45] | “Though the much-lauded risotto was perfectly fine…” | 而且意大利调味饭非常棒 |
[07:47] | “it was the handkerchief pasta with brown sage in a butter sauce…” | 那个用棕色鼠尾草和奶油沙司 制成的意大利面 |
[07:51] | “that sent me through the roof.” | 才真正的让我有了飘飘欲仙的感觉” |
[07:52] | This is unbelievable! I’m gonna have this framed for the dining room! | 简直不可思议 我要把这个裱起来挂在餐厅 |
[07:56] | Yeah, that’d be swell. Can I see that again? | 好的 那确实很拉风 我能再看看么? |
[08:00] | So we should celebrate tonight, huh? Girls on the town? | 嗯 今晚我们是不是应该庆祝庆祝呢 ? 镇上的女孩子? |
[08:03] | I can’t. I have to study. | 我不行 我今晚要学习 |
[08:05] | I should really get started on this shopping list. | 你知道么 我真的该准备购物单了 |
[08:08] | What is going on here? We are young and fiery women. | 到底是怎么了? 我们是年轻的富有激情女人 |
[08:12] | Studying? Shopping lists? | 学习? 购物单? |
[08:14] | Where’s “To hell with it all”? Where’s “Throwing caution to the wind”? | “让这些都见鬼去吧”这样的话去哪里了? “把小心抛到九霄云外”这样的话去哪里了? |
[08:18] | Where… Shoot, the linen delivery. | 那个… 哦不 亚麻送货 |
[08:22] | You go, girl. | 这就对了 姑娘 |
[08:26] | …and the Person of the Week segment. | 本周人物是 |
[08:28] | – News is on! – One sec. | – 新闻开始了 – 等一下 |
[08:32] | For our top story tonight, a grisly, horrible thing happened in a small town… | 我们今晚做精彩的故事是 一件令人毛骨悚然的可怕事情发生在一个小镇上… |
[08:36] | where no grisly, horrible things ever happen. Everyone’s shocked! | 这里从没发生过这样的事情 所有人都震惊了 |
[08:40] | House slides down hill. Liposuction kills. Stay fat. | 房子从山上滑了下来 抽脂术有致命的伤害 那就胖着吧 |
[08:47] | Hey, let’s get ice cream. I’m bored. | 嘿 吃点冰激凌吧 无聊啊 |
[08:52] | Hello? | 你好? |
[08:54] | Mom, I’m studying. | 妈妈 我在学习 |
[08:55] | But I’m talking ice cream. Can’t you take a break? | 但是我在说吃点冰激凌 不能休息下么? |
[08:57] | – I can’t take a break right now. – Okay. When? | – 我现在不能休息 – 好吧 那什么时候可以 |
[09:01] | – Are you four? – No, I’m hungry. | – 你是四个人啊? – 不 我饿了 |
[09:03] | – Have some more pizza. – It’s cold. | – 那就再吃点披萨 – 它凉了 |
[09:06] | – Heat it up. – It’s not the same. | – 加热 – 那味道就不一样了 |
[09:08] | Lorelai, go to your room! | Lorelai 回到你的房间去 |
[09:10] | Wow, smart girls are mean. | 唔 聪明女孩总是这么认真 |
[09:12] | If you let me study now, I’ll play with you this weekend. | 如果你现在让我好好学习 周末我就和你一起玩 |
[09:15] | – Promise? – Yes. We can do anything you want. | – 真的? – 当然 我们能做所有你想做的事情 |
[09:18] | – Will you go to the shoe sale with me? – Yes. | – 你能和我去买打折鞋子么? – 可以 |
[09:20] | – Will you let me try on anything I want? – Yes. | – 你会让我都试一下我想要的吗? – 是的 |
[09:22] | Will you help push people away if they go for my size? | 你能把抢我的鞋的人赶走么? |
[09:25] | I’ll even run interference for you. | 我为你打架都行 |
[09:27] | – All right, you’ve got a deal. – Good. | – 好的 成交 – 好 |
[09:36] | So, I’m sorry. Where did we land on the whole ice cream issue? | 不好意思 我能问问 我们关于冰激凌的讨论结果如何呢? |
[09:44] | What? | 什么? |
[10:10] | – Right or left? – Left. | – 左边还是右边 – 左边 |
[10:22] | I thought you said left. | 我想你说的是左边吧 |
[10:24] | – Sorry. My left, your right. – Okay. | – 对不起 我的左边 你的右边 – 好 |
[10:32] | Marco. | Marco. |
[10:34] | Polo. | Polo. |
[10:41] | Hey, Marco. | 嘿 Marco |
[10:42] | Hey, Polo. | 嘿 Polo |
[10:44] | – You’re late. – Sorry. | – 你迟到了 – 对不起 |
[10:48] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[10:50] | 12 calories. | 12卡路里 |
[10:52] | – Here. – Oh, my God. Bless you. | – 给 – 哦 上帝保佑你 |
[10:59] | – Man, what’s that? – My notes. | – 伙计 那是什么? – 我的笔记 |
[11:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[11:03] | I don’t think Shakespeare knew himself this well. | 我不认为莎士比亚如此了解自己 |
[11:05] | I like. How much? | 我喜欢 多少钱? |
[11:08] | – $500. – Is that the best you can do? | – 500美元 – 最低了么? |
[11:10] | – $450. – I’m not so sure. | – 450美元 – 不怎么样 |
[11:12] | $375 and you take it right now. | 375美元 你马上把他拉走 |
[11:15] | – Sold. – We appreciate your business. | – 成交 – 感谢你的惠顾 |
[11:17] | Move. | 快闪 |
[11:22] | I really miss Stars Hollow High. | 我非常想念Stars Hollow 高中 |
[11:24] | – You’re kidding, right? – No. Chilton’s just… | – 你在开玩笑吧? – 不 Chilton’s 就是… |
[11:28] | I don’t know, hard. | 我不知道 困难 |
[11:31] | What do you care? You were always Miss Everything’s-So-Easy-At-School. | 你怎么了?你一直是 在学校所有事情都易如反掌小姐啊 |
[11:35] | This should be a snap for you. | 这应该是你打了个盹儿而已 |
[11:38] | Nope. This is sold. Move. | 不 这个已经卖掉了 闪开 |
[11:41] | – What’s that? – That’s mine. | – 那是什么? – 那是我的 |
[11:44] | That is chocolate-covered death. | 那是隐藏在巧克力里的死亡 |
[11:47] | With a creamy caramel surprise. | 还有奶油蔗糖作为惊喜 |
[11:53] | – So, this guy asked about you today. – What guy? | – 嗯 今天有个人打听你了 – 哪个? |
[11:56] | The new kid. Tall, perfect. | 新来的 高大 完美 |
[11:59] | – What did he want to know? – Where you were. | – 他想要知道什么? – 你在哪里 |
[12:02] | What did you say? | 你怎么说 |
[12:03] | I told him you were too smart for us and you had to go to the genius school. | 我说你对于我们太聪明了 所以你不得不去了天才学校 |
[12:08] | He really liked that. I guess he’s into brainy chicks. | 他非常喜欢 我猜他喜欢聪明的女孩 |
[12:11] | I’ll keep my eyes open for one for him. | 我会睁一只眼观察他的 |
[12:14] | – No. Sold. Move. – Mom. | – 不 卖掉了 闪开 – 妈妈 |
[12:17] | – Where do you want us to go? – Library. | – 你想让我们去哪里啊? – 图书馆 |
[12:21] | I hate sales. | 讨厌交易 |
[12:27] | No Black Sabbath. | 不要谈“黑色安息日” |
[12:29] | No one’s listening. | 又没有人在听 |
[12:31] | No Black Sabbath, no Steely Dan, no Boston, and no Queen. | 不要“黑色安息日”不要Steely Dan的乐曲 不要Boston的乐曲 不要皇后乐队的乐曲 |
[12:34] | What happened to make you so cold? | 什么让你这么冷酷? |
[12:36] | – You like that Mozart. – I am the Artie Shaw of harpists. | – 你就来点莫扎特 – 我是竖琴届的Artie Shaw (乐队领队Artie Shaw著名爵士单簧管大师) |
[12:42] | – Sookie, I need coffee to go. – There’s fresh over there. | – Sookie 我想来点咖啡 – 那边有刚冲好新鲜的 |
[12:45] | Good. | 好的 |
[12:50] | Fresh in my first lifetime as Joan of Arc. | 我首次作为圣女贞德的生命中的那种新鲜吗? |
[12:54] | Sorry. I thought I made fresh. Here. | 对不起 我以为冲了新鲜的 |
[12:58] | Bless you. I’m so exhausted, and I have to drive to Hartford tonight… | 保佑你 我已经精疲力尽 而且今晚我还得去Hartford |
[13:01] | – to go to a parent-teacher meeting. – Sounds great. | – 去开家长会 – 听起来不错啊 |
[13:04] | This school is so different from Stars Hollow. | 这所学校还与Stars Hollow真是不同 |
[13:06] | They send home a thousand pages of updates every week. | 他们每个星期往家里发数以千计的补充资料 |
[13:09] | It’s a very intense place. | 那是竞争一个非常激烈的地方 |
[13:12] | Last week, there was this huge debate… | 上个星期 那里有一个大型的辩论 |
[13:14] | over whether plaid scrunchies were acceptable headwear. | 关于格子布的头饰是否可以接受的辩论 |
[13:17] | People took sides. Things got ugly. The scrunchy motion finally passed… | 人们各执一词 那样很难看 格子布的头饰最终通过… |
[13:20] | – and I like to think I was the tiebreaker. – That’s nice. | – 我更喜欢认为是我打破僵局 – 不错 |
[13:24] | Hey, what’s the matter, sweetie? | 嘿 你怎么了啊 宝贝 |
[13:27] | – He said it was fine. – Who said it was fine? | – 他说它还可以 – 谁说它还可以? |
[13:29] | – Lucien Mills. – The restaurant critic? | – Lucien Mills. – 美食家? |
[13:31] | – He said my risotto was fine. – Isn’t it? | – 他说我的意大利调味饭还可以 – 不对么? |
[13:34] | No, it’s not fine. | 不 不好 |
[13:36] | Fine is a word you use when someone stops you on the street… | “还可以”是一个被用在 当你在大街上被你认识的人拦下 |
[13:39] | that you know, but you don’t want to talk to. | 但你却不想和他说话时用的词 |
[13:41] | They ask you how you are, and you say “Fine.” | 他们问你过得如何?你说“还可以” |
[13:43] | That’s enough so they don’t have to keep talking to you, “cause they don’t want to. | 它足够让他们不再和你说话 因为他们不想说了 |
[13:47] | Then they can feel good because they’ve been considerate enough to ask… | 然后 他们感觉还不错 因为他们是已经考虑后才问的 |
[13:50] | and if, God forbid, something actually is wrong… | 但是如果不幸真有事发生了 |
[13:53] | they’ll sit down, take time and listen, even if they don’t want to. | 他们会坐下来 腾出时间倾听你 尽管他们并不愿意 |
[13:56] | I don’t think he meant fine as a slam or as a monologue. | 我不认为”还可以” 就意味着砰的一声或是独白什么的 |
[14:00] | He couldn’t have meant it any other way. | 它不可能有其他的意思 |
[14:02] | I hate to see you get so upset over one little review. | 我不想你因为一个评价而坐立不安的 |
[14:05] | This is pride, Lorelai. I mean, you know about this risotto. | 这是关于自尊的 Lorelai 我的意思 你知道这是意大利调味饭 |
[14:09] | – On my mother’s deathbed… – You made the risotto… | – 在妈妈临终之时… – 你做了意大利调味饭… |
[14:12] | – and she lived three more years. – She was supposed to be dead. | – 所以她又多活了3年 – 她原本是要去世了的 |
[14:15] | The doctor said she wouldn’t live through the night. | 医生说了她不可能熬过那晚的 |
[14:18] | And she lived because of the risotto, the magic risotto. | 她因为意大利调味饭而生还了 神奇的意大利调味饭 |
[14:21] | And this guy had the nerve to say it was fine. | 但是这个人竟然敢说它”还可以” |
[14:24] | I don’t think he knew the story. | 我想他不知道这个典故的 |
[14:27] | Okay. Before you get all goofy on me, I don’t have your porcinis. | Ok 你骂我之前 我要告诉你 我没有你要的猪肉 |
[14:32] | I forgot them. | 我忘记了 |
[14:33] | I don’t have any other excuse, other than plain, old, stupid human error. | 我没有任何借口 除了平常的老笨蛋都会犯这样的错误 |
[14:37] | I have the morels, which I know you don’t want, so come on, let me have it. | 我有你不需要的羊肚菌 所以让我留着吧 |
[14:42] | Morels are fine. | 羊肚菌还可以 |
[14:44] | Did anyone else feel the shift in the space-time continuum? | 还有其他人感觉到时空大挪移了么? |
[14:47] | – A reviewer didn’t like the risotto. – The magic risotto? You’re kidding. | – 一个美食家不喜欢她的意大利调味饭 – 那神奇的意大利调味饭?你开玩笑吧 |
[14:53] | I gotta go. So try and cheer her up, would you? | 我要走了 你能让她高兴起来么? |
[14:56] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:59] | Sweetie, please don’t worry about it. Everyone knows you’re the best. | 亲爱的 别再为这伤心了 所有人都知道你做得最好 |
[15:07] | So… | 嗯… |
[15:10] | I hear the huckleberry crop”s gonna totally suck this year. | 我听说今年的越橘很不好哦 |
[15:15] | We are gonna be focusing on Elizabethan literature. | 我们将要关注伊丽莎白一世时代的文学 |
[15:19] | Shakespeare Marlowe Bacon, Ben Jonson John Webster. Shakespeare, Marlowe, Bacon, Ben Jonson, John Webster. | |
[15:23] | Is Marlowe really that significant? | 请问Marlowe真的有那么重大的意义么? |
[15:25] | We want to give as complete an overview as possible. | 我们希望能尽量做到一个全面的了解 |
[15:28] | Yes, but will he be included on the advanced placement test? | 好的 但他会在跳级生考试中出现么? |
[15:31] | We can’t know exactly what will be on the AP test… | 我们不确定跳级考试中会出现什么? |
[15:34] | but it will be important when your kids hit their universities. | 如果你的孩子想要上大学 他是很重要的 |
[15:38] | But to get there they need to pass the AP test. | 但是要上大学的话 他们必须首先通过跳级考试 |
[15:40] | Right, it’s all important. It could all be on the test. | 是的 他们都很重要 他们都可能出现在考试当中 |
[15:43] | How do we find out? | 我们怎么知道有什么阿? |
[15:45] | You could bribe somebody on the AP Committee. | 你可以贿赂跳级考试委员会 |
[15:49] | I was kidding. I’m just kidding. | 开玩笑了 我在开玩笑 |
[15:51] | I’m so sorry. I had a terrible pothole incident. | 对不起 发生了突发事件 |
[15:55] | You don’t care. So please, go on. | 你们不关心的 所以 请继续吧 |
[16:00] | What in the world? | 地球怎么了啊? |
[16:04] | You okay? | 你还好吧 ? |
[16:05] | – I’ll just sit now. – I don’t think we’ve met. | – 我只要坐下就好了 – 我不认为我们认识阿 |
[16:09] | I’m Lorelai Gilmore. Rory’s mom. | 我是Lorelai Gilmore Rory的妈妈 |
[16:13] | Glad you could join us. Rory’s one of our new students. | 欢迎你能加入我们 Rory是我们的一个新同学 |
[16:15] | How nice. Now, the AP test. | 太好了 那讲关于跳级考试的事 |
[16:18] | Right. Well, we are preparing them as best we can. | 好的 我们将尽我们最大的努力来准备的 |
[16:21] | I’ve hired a tutor for Bethany. | 我为Bethany请了个家教 |
[16:23] | Always a valid option. | 不错的方法 |
[16:26] | Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the camel! | 哦 上帝 圣母玛利亚 和骆驼 |
[16:29] | This is really bad coffee. | 这咖啡真难喝 |
[16:33] | So, this AP test, what are we gonna do about it? | 嗯 这次的跳级考试 我们将要做些什么? |
[16:37] | The next test is scheduled for next month. | 下次考试安排在下个月 |
[16:40] | The 25th, Saturday, at 7:00 a.m. | 25号 星期6 早上7点 |
[16:45] | – Ms. Gilmore? – Where is the test? | – Gilmore小姐? – 考试在哪里举行? |
[16:49] | – It will be given here. – Here? | – 就在这里 – 这儿? |
[16:51] | – Right. – Great. | – 对 – 太好了 |
[16:55] | – Any other questions? – Yeah. | – 还有问题么? – 是的 |
[16:58] | Can parents come? | 家长能一起来么? |
[17:01] | What? | 什么? |
[17:02] | Yeah, it’s a big, exciting test. So I just thought… | 是的 这是个重要的大考 我只是在想… |
[17:05] | – I’m sorry. Is that stupid? – No, it’s not stupid. | – 对不起 是不是很傻啊? – 不 不 这个想法不傻 |
[17:08] | I just thought I’d like to see the excitement. | 我只是想 我能看到这兴奋的场面 |
[17:10] | – It’s a test. – Yeah, I know. | – 这是个考试 – 是的 我知道啊 |
[17:12] | What’s exciting about a test? | 考试有什么兴奋的? |
[17:14] | – Do you play golf? – Yes, I do. | – 你打高尔夫么? – 是的 我打 |
[17:15] | – You explain yours, I’ll explain mine. – Why not get back to the meeting? | – 萝卜白菜各有所爱么 – 好了 我们为什么不继续我们的会议呢? |
[17:19] | That’s the one who voted for the scrunchies. | 这就是那个赞成用格子头饰的人 |
[17:21] | Must be a scholarship student. | 一定是拿奖学金了 |
[17:24] | Excuse me. | 什么? |
[17:25] | You know what? I think this would be a good time for a break. | 好了 我想是我们休息一下的时候了 |
[17:28] | There’s coffee in the back. | 后面有咖啡 |
[17:41] | What were you gonna do? Hit her? | 你会怎么做啊? 打她么? |
[17:44] | No. I had some good verbal comebacks ready. | 不 我只是有回击她的话了 |
[17:50] | – It just keeps getting worse. – Not drinking it is always an option. | – 更难喝了 – 不喝也是一种选择 |
[17:54] | Not in my world. | 在我这可不是 |
[17:56] | – I’m Max Medina. – Nice to meet you. | – 我是Max Medina – 很高兴见到你 |
[17:59] | I apologize for the behavior of some of our guests tonight. | 我为今晚客人的一些举动道歉 |
[18:02] | It’s a tense time for some people. | 对有些人来说现在是比较紧张的时刻 |
[18:04] | – The SAT season? – The waking hours. | – 考试季节么? – 只要醒着 |
[18:08] | – Are you this nice to my kid? – It’s easy. | – 你对我的孩子也这么好么? – 那很简单 |
[18:11] | – Rory’s a sweet girl. – Yeah, she is. | – Rory是个可爱的女孩 – 是的 |
[18:17] | How is she liking Chilton? | 她对在Chilton的生活怎么评价啊? |
[18:20] | – She loves it. – Really? | – 她很喜欢 – 真的? |
[18:22] | Yeah. It’s an adjustment, of course. But she’s always wanted to go to Harvard. | 当然 是会有些适应期 但是她一直都想上哈佛 |
[18:27] | – This is how she’ll get there. – Harvard? | – 这就是她为什么来这里 – 哈佛? |
[18:30] | Ever since she could crawl, I’ve really wanted her to go there. | 自从她能爬后 我就想让她上那所大学 |
[18:33] | It’s a great school. | 那是个非常棒的学校 |
[18:34] | I bought her a Harvard sweatshirt when she was four. | 事实上我在她4岁时 就为她买了件哈佛的运动衫 |
[18:37] | Of course, it was way too big for her. | 当然 对那时候的她来说是太大了 |
[18:39] | So she used it as a blanket for a while, and then as a diaper on this shopping trip. | 所以她用那当了毯子 后来又当作我们去购物时的尿布了 |
[18:44] | And now I’ve told you a story that would so mortify her… | 我给你了讲个让她很羞的事情 |
[18:47] | she’ll kill me when she finds out you know. | 如果她知道你知道 她会杀了我的 |
[18:49] | – Don’t tell her then. It’ll be our secret. – I appreciate that. | – 我不会告诉她的 这是我们之间的秘密 – 那谢谢了 |
[18:55] | So, are you a B-52’s girl? | 你是B-52飞机上的? (B-52指Lorelai衣服上的) |
[18:58] | What? | 什么? |
[19:01] | No, I’m a klutz girl who should not drive with coffee in her hand. | 我是个连咖啡都端不好的女孩子 |
[19:07] | I had this in the car. | 我在车上穿的是这个 |
[19:12] | I hope Rory adjusts to this place. We need her here. | 我真的希望Rory能适应这个地方 我们很需要她 |
[19:15] | Thank you. That’s so nice. | 谢谢 这样说真好 |
[19:17] | I hope she’s not too disappointed about her paper. | 我希望她不要对她的考试成绩失望 |
[19:20] | It’s very hard to catch up on all that reading material. | 要把所有的阅读材料都看完赶上其他人 真的很难 |
[19:22] | – I know a “D” seems pretty dismal… – Rory got a “D”? | – 我知道“D”非常不好 – Rory得了“D”? |
[19:25] | – Yeah, but… – She’s never gotten a “D.” | – 是的 但是… – 她从没得过”D”的 |
[19:27] | It’s the first paper she’s turning in. She’s bound to falter a little. | 是她的第一次考试 她一定会支支吾吾的 |
[19:31] | This totally explains the no ice-cream thing. | 噢 这就解释了冰激凌事件 |
[19:33] | – God, I’m such an idiot. – The ice-cream thing? | – 上帝啊 我真是个白痴 – 冰激凌事件? |
[19:36] | Look, I’ve gotta go. | 嗯 我要走了 |
[19:38] | I’m sorry if I said something to offend you. | 对不起我说了些冒犯你的话 |
[19:40] | No. If Rory got a “D,” she’s not feeling too good right now. | 没有没有 如果Rory得了 “D”她现在应该很不好受 |
[19:44] | – And I’d really like to be there. – I understand. | – 我想我该去陪她 – 我明白 |
[19:47] | So, it was nice meeting you. | 嗯 很高兴见到你 |
[19:50] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[19:52] | – Keep up the good work. – I will. | – 保持你的教育方式 – 我会的 |
[19:55] | – Don’t ever make coffee ever again. – I won”t, I promise. | – 再也别再煮咖啡了 – 我不会了 我保证 |
[20:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:03] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜 – 拜 |
[20:24] | – Here. – What’s that? | – 给你 – 这是什么? |
[20:26] | – You look like you need pie. – I do? | – 你好像需要一个派 – 我需要么? |
[20:27] | Violent pencil-tossing usually signals a need for pie. | 扔铅笔是需要派的一个信号 |
[20:30] | What if I’d thrown a pen? | 那如果我扔一只钢笔呢? |
[20:32] | – I would’ve brought you a trout. – What? | – 我会给你买个鲑鱼 – 什么? |
[20:33] | I don’t make the rules, I just carry them out. | 并不是我立的规矩 我只是照着办 |
[20:43] | Hey, backwards baseball hat. New look for you. | 棒球帽反着戴 你的新形象啊 |
[20:48] | She’s eating pie? Did she even have dinner? | 她在吃派么? 她吃晚饭了么? |
[20:51] | You raised her. I just serve. | 你生了她 我只是服务而已 |
[20:58] | – Hello, bookworm. – Finally. | – 你好啊 小书虫 – 你终于出现了 |
[21:00] | – Where were you? – Well, actually, I was in Hartford. | – 你去哪了? – 嗯 事实上我去了Hartford |
[21:05] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:06] | I was there for the… | 我去那为了… |
[21:09] | Parent-teacher meeting. Oh, my God, I forgot. | 家长会 哦 我的天 我忘记了 |
[21:14] | It went very well. | 会开得还不错 |
[21:15] | I was extremely charming. I won the whole crowd over. | 我非常迷人 我赢得了众人的瞩目 |
[21:18] | They made me queen. | 他们把我当作女皇 |
[21:20] | So, I guess you talked to Mr. Medina. | 嗯 我想你和Medina先生谈了话吧 |
[21:24] | Why did you let me whine about ice cream and shoe sales… | 为什么当你有重要的事情时 |
[21:27] | when you had something major going on? | 你还听我牢骚些关于冰激凌和打折鞋… |
[21:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:31] | I hate when I’m an idiot and don’t know it. I like to be aware of my idiocy. | 我恨我竟然没发觉自己这么白痴 我本该意识到的 |
[21:35] | To revel in it, take pictures. We’ve missed a prime Christmas-card opportunity. | 沉迷于自己里面世界里面 我感觉已经错过了得到第一张圣诞节卡片的机会 |
[21:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:40] | You should have told me. | 你应该告诉我的 |
[21:43] | I couldn”t. | 我不能 |
[21:44] | You couldn’t tell me? You tell me everything. | 你不能告诉我? 你可是告诉我你所有的事情啊? |
[21:47] | It was too humiliating. | 这个太丢人了 |
[21:48] | Honey, you once told me that you loved Saved By the Bell. | 宝贝 你曾经还告诉我 你喜欢《Saved By the Bell》这首歌的 |
[21:52] | What could be more humiliating than that? | 还有比这更丢人的么? |
[21:55] | I couldn’t form the words. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[21:57] | I couldn’t even say it. I couldn’t even comprehend it. | 我甚至都不知道该怎么开口 我甚至都不明白 |
[22:00] | It was a “D.” I got a “D.” | 是”D”啊 我才得了”D” |
[22:04] | – I’ve never gotten a “D.” Ever. – I know. | – 我从没有得过”D”的 – 我知道 |
[22:07] | Even when I broke my arm and couldn’t write for a month… | 就算是我摔断了胳膊 我一个月不能写字 |
[22:09] | I got an “A” minus. | 我也得了个“A-”的 |
[22:11] | – That was a different school. – I know. It was Stars Hollow High. | – 你在不同的学校 – 我知道 那是Stars Hollow高中 |
[22:15] | A “D” at Stars Hollow is like an “F” at Chilton. | 在Stars Hollow高中得到”D” 就像是在Chilton高中得了”F” |
[22:18] | It’s worse. It’s like a “G” or a “W.” | 不 更差 应该是”G” 不 是”W” |
[22:21] | So I’m guessing the spelling test didn’t go well either? | 那么我猜拼写测试也没考好了? |
[22:25] | A “D.” | 同样是”D” |
[22:27] | I suck. | 我真差劲 |
[22:28] | You don’t suck. | 不 你不差 |
[22:30] | – I can’t do this. – Listen, a “D” is bad, okay? | – 我没办法忍受 – 听着 “D”确实不更好 好吧 |
[22:35] | But this talk about “I suck,” “I can’t do this,” and self-pity… | 但是像”我很差劲 我不行了”自哀的话 |
[22:38] | that’s worse. That’s not you. You didn’t feel sorry for yourself… | 才是更糟的 那不是你 你从不为自己感到抱歉 |
[22:41] | when it took you three months to learn how to ride a bike. | 你学骑自行车用了3个月 |
[22:44] | Four months. | 4个月 |
[22:45] | It took me four months to learn how to ride a bike. | 我花了4个学会自行车的 |
[22:48] | Really? Four months? | 真的? 4个月? |
[22:50] | Yeah. You wanna belabor the conversation? | 是的 你是还要继续谈下去吗? |
[22:52] | Forget about the bike. | 忘记自行车的事吧 |
[22:53] | Listen, a “D” is one grade. It’s not the end of the world. | 听着 “D” 只是一次考试的结果 并不是世界的末日 |
[22:56] | You’ll catch up, you’ll do better. You are of hardy, stubborn stock. | 你会赶上的 你会做得更好 你是一块坚强顽固的石头 |
[23:00] | If there’s one thing I gave you, it’s stubbornness. | 如果有一件事是你从我这里遗传的话 那就是倔强 |
[23:02] | – I’m not stubborn. – You are. | – 我才不倔强呢 – 你确实是 |
[23:04] | – I’m not. – Fine. You’re not. | – 我没有 – 好 你没有 |
[23:05] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[23:07] | You can do this, and I’ll help you. I’ll get you through this. | 你能做到的 而且我会帮你的 我会帮你渡过难关的 |
[23:10] | Now put the “D” behind you. | 好了 现在把”D”抛到脑后 |
[23:12] | – What’s next? – I have a test on Friday. | – 下次是什么时候? – 我星期五有个考试 |
[23:15] | – A test. Great! – On Shakespeare. | – 考试 好极了 – 关于莎士比亚的 |
[23:17] | The bard with a beard. Love it. | 有胡子的诗人 我喜欢 |
[23:19] | – It’s 20% of my grade. – Just makes life interesting. | – 占总成绩的20% – 嗯让生活越来越有趣了 |
[23:22] | Now what do we have to do to get you an “A” on that test? | 现在有什么可以让我们在考试中得到”A” |
[23:26] | Do you really think I can do this? | 你真的认为我能做到么? |
[23:28] | I bet you $1. | 我在你身上压1美元 |
[23:30] | That’s it? That’s all my future’s worth, $1? | 就1美元 我就值1美元啊? |
[23:33] | Well, you did get a “D.” | 嗯 你上次得了”D”么 |
[23:42] | “Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments | “我绝不认为两颗真心的结合会有任何障碍… |
[23:45] | “Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds | 如果一看见别人改变了就改变 或是一看见别人屈服就屈服的 |
[23:49] | “Or bends with the remover to remove | 那不是真爱 |
[23:51] | “O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark | 噢 不 爱是永远不变的印记 |
[23:54] | “That looks on tempests and is never shaken | 看着风暴 却从不退缩 |
[23:57] | “It is the star to every wandering bark | 它是指引迷失的人们的恒星 |
[23:59] | “Whose worth’s unknown although his height be taken” | 你永远无法估量它的力量” (莎士比亚十四行诗) |
[24:04] | You’re going down. | 你完了 |
[24:12] | Sookie, do you know what the menu’s gonna be… | 嘿 Sookie 你知道菜单将要变成… |
[24:15] | – Good? – Hot. | – 好吃么? – 烫死了 |
[24:17] | Wait. I got another one. | 等等 还有一个 |
[24:19] | – Better? – Hotter. | – 好点么? – 更烫了 |
[24:21] | Wait. I got one more. | 等等 我还有 |
[24:24] | What’s with all the risotto? Have we gone theme now? | 全部都是意大利调味饭 我们要出个主题什么的么? |
[24:28] | Is it gonna be like the Scotch tape store? | 怎么跟卖透明胶带商店一样啊? |
[24:31] | Look, I’ve made 40 recipes, okay? 40. | 听着 我找到了40个处方 40个 |
[24:34] | And every single time, I come back to the same conclusion. | 而且每次我都得到一个结果 |
[24:37] | That yours is better. | 你的更好吃 |
[24:38] | – Yes. – It is. | – 是的 – 本来的么 |
[24:39] | – You were looking for me? – Yes! | – 你找我么? – 是的! |
[24:41] | Three weeks ago, a guy comes in here, Lucien Mills… | 3个月前Lucien Mills来到了这里… |
[24:43] | orders the risotto, doesn’t like it. | 点了意大利调味饭 但却不喜欢它 |
[24:45] | – The magic risotto? You’re kidding. – Not helping. | – 那神奇的意大利调味饭?你开玩笑吧? – 没用的 |
[24:48] | He’s a restaurant critic. | 他是个美食家 |
[24:49] | He ordered lots of things, probably didn’t finish them. | 他点了很多东西 也许有的他并没有吃 |
[24:52] | In his review, he said his waiter had a goatee. | 在他的评价里 他说招待他的服务生是个留着山羊胡子的人 |
[24:55] | You’ve got a goatee, so you waited on him, and I need info. | 你留着山羊胡子 所以你是招待的他 我需要一些信息 |
[24:58] | – What did he look like? – Like he was unhappy with the risotto! | – 他长什么样儿啊? – 就是不喜欢意大利调味饭的那个啊 |
[25:01] | Maybe he had an annoying companion… | 也许他有一个烦人的同伴… |
[25:03] | that wouldn’t let him concentrate on his eating. | 让他无法专心于吃饭 |
[25:05] | – I serve a lot of people. – He had a beard, false teeth, or a wig… | – 我招待了许多人 – 他长着胡子 戴假牙 或是假发 |
[25:08] | or the glasses with the big nose. | 或是大鼻子上有个眼镜 |
[25:10] | – May I be fired now? – Absolutely. | – 你能把我开了么? – 当然 |
[25:12] | What about a guy with an annoying companion and a fake wig… | 那个带着假发和一个烦人的同伴的呢… |
[25:15] | sitting underneath an air-conditioning vent… | 坐在空调底下 |
[25:17] | next to a woman with too much perfume on? | 旁边是个撒了很多香水的女人呢? |
[25:20] | – The Comedy of Errors: Written? – 1590. | – “The Comedy of Errors”写于? – 1590年 |
[25:24] | – Published? – 1698. | – 出版于? – 1698年 |
[25:26] | – 1623. Close. – How is 1623 close? | – 噢是1623 接近了 – 1623怎么能说接近呢? |
[25:30] | – You got the 16 part right. – I was off by 75 years. | – 你说出了一半儿16么 – 我错了75年啊 |
[25:33] | Anything under 100 is close. | 任何低于100年都算接近 |
[25:35] | – What kind of a rule is that? – I’m running the study session here. | – 这是什么规则阿? – 我是这里的老大 |
[25:40] | – Okay. Richard III. – 1591. | – 好了 《Richard III》呢? – 1591年 |
[25:44] | “93?”96? | 93还是96? |
[25:47] | Okay, that’s getting really annoying now. | 好了 现在真的开始烦人了 |
[25:55] | Go on. I’m listening. | 继续 我在听 |
[25:56] | The sonnets are 154 poems of 14 lines. | 十四行诗中有154首都是十四句 |
[25:59] | – Except? – Except for 126, which is 12 lines. | – 除了? – 除了第126首, 是12句 |
[26:03] | Good. | 不错 |
[26:05] | They’re written in iambic pentameter. | 它们都是五步抑扬格诗 |
[26:08] | – Except? – Except for 145, which is in tetrameter. | – 除了? – 除了第145首 是四步格诗 |
[26:12] | – Rock on, sister. – Really? | – 不错啊 姑娘 – 真的? |
[26:14] | – Not one mistake. How do you feel? – Nauseous. | – 没错一个 感觉怎么样啊? – 恶心 |
[26:18] | I don’t think the fries and the horseradish sauce… | 我不认为薯条和辣根沙司 |
[26:21] | was the best idea we ever had. | 是我们用过的最好的办法 |
[26:22] | It was satisfying in the moment, though. | 但在那吃的时候不错 |
[26:24] | You’re gonna blow that class away tomorrow. | 明天你会赢了你的同学 |
[26:27] | – You think? – I think. | – 你这样认为? – 是的 |
[26:28] | What do you say we call it a night and get some beauty sleep? | 今天就这样吧 好好睡一觉如何啊? |
[26:32] | You go. I wanna review my notes one more time. | 你去吧 我还想再复习一遍 |
[26:35] | – That’s okay. I’ll stay up. – Mom, go to sleep. | – 好吧 我也陪着你 – 妈啊 你去睡觉吧 |
[26:37] | No. I’m not even tired. I was just thinking of you. | 不 我一点也不困 我只是关心你 |
[28:15] | No! | 噢不 |
[28:20] | Oh, jeez. This was such a bad sleeping idea. | 噢 上帝啊 这真是个愚蠢觉 |
[28:24] | – I’m late! – What? | – 我要迟到了 – 什么? |
[28:27] | – I’m late! I woke up late! – Rory, calm down. | – 我迟到了 我迟到了 – Rory 别慌 |
[28:31] | I can’t calm down! I missed my bus! Get up! | 我怎么能不慌 我错过了校车 起来 |
[28:34] | Mommy can’t get up right now. | 妈妈 现在不能起床 |
[28:35] | Mommy’s been sleeping at a right angle all night. | 妈妈一晚上都是一个姿势睡的觉 |
[28:38] | – I’m gonna miss the test! – No, you’re not. | – 我会错过考试的 – 不 你不会的 |
[28:43] | I’ll get the keys. We’ll go right now. Let’s go! | 我去拿车钥匙 我们这就出发 |
[28:48] | – I can’t take you. – You have to! | – 我不能带你去 – 你必须带我去 |
[28:50] | – I have a meeting at the Inn at 8:00! – Mom! | – 旅馆8点钟要开会 – 妈妈! |
[28:53] | Okay, wait. Think. Listen. Here. You drive. | 好的 等等 让我想想 对了 你自己开车去 |
[28:57] | – What? – You drive. I’ll get a ride from Sookie. | – 什么? – 你自己开车去 我搭Sookie的便车 |
[28:59] | Take the phone. Take the keys. Go! | 拿上手机 拿上钥匙 走吧 |
[29:01] | – Are you sure? – Go! | – 你确定么? – 走了 |
[29:02] | – I’m gone! – Good luck! | – 我走了 – 好运 |
[29:25] | Hello? | 喂 |
[29:26] | Did I leave a set of notes at your house? | 我昨天把我一套笔记落到你那了么? |
[29:29] | – Where are you? – I’m driving to school. | – 你在哪? – 我开车去学校 |
[29:31] | I need to check something and I can’t find some of my notes. | 我要查点东西 但是我却找不到我的笔记了 |
[29:34] | Okay, hold on. Let me check. | 好的 等等 我帮你看看 |
[29:41] | – I don’t see anything. – What did I do with them? | – 我没见到啊 – 我把它们放在哪了阿? |
[29:45] | – Maybe it’s downstairs in the store? – Maybe. I just… | – 是不是在楼下的商店里啊? – 也许 我就要… |
[29:49] | – Oh, my God! – Are you all right? | – 噢 我的上帝啊 – 你还好么? |
[29:52] | – I just got hit by a deer! – You hit a deer? | – 我刚被一个鹿撞到了 – 你撞到了鹿? |
[29:55] | – No! I got hit by a deer. – How do you get hit by a deer? | – 不! 是它撞我的 – 你怎么会被鹿撞到了啊? |
[29:58] | I was at a stop sign, and he hit me! Oh, my God! | 我在停车点 然后它就撞了我 噢 我的上帝 |
[30:03] | Was it a four-way stop? | 是在十字路口停车点么? |
[30:05] | – What does that matter? – I don’t know. | – 有什么关系? – 我不知道 |
[30:07] | I don’t know what to ask after you’ve been hit by a deer. | 我不知道在被鹿撞了后 该问些什么 |
[30:11] | – I don’t see him. – Put salt down. Deer love salt. | – 我看不见它了 – 撒些盐 鹿喜欢盐 |
[30:14] | – Where am I gonna get salt? – Do you have a lunch? | – 我到哪去弄盐啊? – 你带午餐了么? |
[30:17] | – Lane! – Sorry. | – Lane! – 对不起 |
[30:20] | I don’t see him anywhere. What if he’s hurt? | 我找不到它了 它会不会受伤啊? |
[30:23] | Rory, your test. | Rory 你的考试 |
[30:24] | – What time is it? – It’s 7:40. | – 几点了? – 7点40 |
[30:26] | No! | 不 |
[30:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:46] | Everyone back to your tests. | 所有人继续考试 |
[30:48] | – You’ve to wait in the library. – What about the test? | – 你到图书馆等我 – 那考试怎么办啊? |
[30:50] | – You’ve missed the test. – No. | – 你已经错过了 – 不 |
[30:52] | We start class promptly at 8:05. That’s when I need people in their seats. | 我们8点5分开始的 所有人必须在那时到校 |
[30:55] | – Please. – I’m sorry. It’s the rules. | – 求你了 – 对不起 这是规定 |
[30:57] | But you don’t understand. I was up all night studying… | 但是你不明白的 我昨晚熬夜学习… |
[31:00] | and then I missed my bus. So I had to drive. | 然后我错过了校车 所以我只好开车过来了 |
[31:02] | – Let’s discuss this outside. – So, I’m driving, and I get hit by a deer. | – 我们到外面说这些 – 我开车的时候被鹿撞到了 |
[31:06] | – You hit a deer? – No, I got hit by a deer. | – 你撞到了鹿? – 不是 我被鹿撞了 |
[31:09] | You don’t believe me? I’ve got antler prints on the car. | 你不相信我么? 我妈妈的车上有鹿角的印 |
[31:12] | Come on. | 算了吧 |
[31:13] | No! You have to let me take this test! I’m ready for it. | 不 你必须让我参加考试 我已经准备好了 |
[31:16] | – I know everything about Shakespeare. – You’ve to calm down now. | – 我知道莎士比亚的所有事情 – 你必须冷静下来 |
[31:19] | – I know his birthday, his mother’s name… – Loser. | – 我知道她的生日 他母亲的名字 – 失败者 |
[31:23] | And just what is wrong with you? | 这和你有什么关系? |
[31:25] | You already have everything. You have the grades and the status. | 你已经拥有了所有事情 你有身份 有地位 |
[31:28] | What’s wrong with you… | 你还犯什么毛病啊? |
[31:30] | that you have this need to be the biggest jerk in the world? | 你是不是想成为全世界最愚蠢的人啊 |
[31:33] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[31:34] | What’s up, quippy? Why so silent? | 怎么样啊 傻帽 怎么不说话了啊? |
[31:37] | Outside, now. | 马上给我出来 |
[31:41] | And, for the last time, the name is Rory! | 还有 我再说最后一次 我的名字是Rory |
[31:49] | Make sure that carpet is replaced perfectly before they go. | 你要确保地毯在他们走之前放回原处 |
[31:51] | – Okay. – Perfectly, nailed down and everything. | – 好的 – 完美的放好 把所有的都弄好 |
[31:54] | You mean that “perfectly.” I thought you meant the other “perfectly.” | 你的意思是这个“完美” 我还以为你说是那个“完美”呢 |
[31:57] | The one that could be misinterpreted by the other Michel… | 另外一个Michel会误解的 |
[32:01] | the one who couldn’t understand what you meant by “perfectly.” | 那个不能理解你说“完美”的那个人 |
[32:07] | – What do you think about Pat Benatar? – Great idea. Can she play the harp? | – 你觉得Pat Benatar怎么样啊? – 好主意 她能弹奏竖琴么? |
[32:18] | I knew it! I found it! | 我知道了! 我发现了! |
[32:20] | – You found what? – I found his bill! | – 你发现什么了? – 我发现了他的帐单 |
[32:22] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[32:23] | It wasn’t the risotto, it was the wine. He ordered the wrong wine! | 不是意大利调味饭 是红酒 他点了错误的红酒 |
[32:26] | Great. | 好极了 |
[32:27] | In the review, he mentioned a summer tomato salad… | 在评价中他提到了夏季番茄沙拉… |
[32:30] | which I only made once in the last three weeks… | 而在过去的三周时间夏季番茄沙拉我只做过一次… |
[32:32] | because Jackson decides to get in a fistfight with his tomato grower… | 因为Jackson和种番茄的人打了起来么…? |
[32:36] | – Okay, that’s a different story. – Yes. Save it for Christmastime. | – 好的 那是另外一个故事 – 嗯 留在圣诞节时讲吧 |
[32:39] | Brian, the goateed waiter, only worked one shift last week… | Brian 那个山羊胡子的服务生 上个星期只论了一次班… |
[32:42] | because his girlfriend kicked him out. | 因为他的女朋友把他甩了 |
[32:44] | – Celia kicked him out? – He didn’t want kids. | – Celia甩了他? – 他不想要孩子 |
[32:46] | – But she knew that. – Women think they can change men. | – 但是她知道的啊 – 女人总认为她们可以改变男人 |
[32:49] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[32:50] | So, I checked the dates, and narrowed the day down… | 所以我就检查了下日期 然后缩小了日期的范围… |
[32:53] | and found a party that had ordered practically everything including… | 然后我发现了一个单子点了所有的菜包括… |
[32:56] | – The magic risotto. – Yes, the risotto and a Riesling. A Riesling! | – 那神奇的意大利调味饭 – 是的 意大利调味饭和一瓶Riesling 一瓶 Riesling! (Riesling一种白葡萄酒) |
[33:00] | Why not drink battery acid? | 为什么不喝battery acid? |
[33:02] | Exactly. Changes the entire flavor of the dish. | 对了 改变了整个意大利调味饭的味道 |
[33:04] | The fact that Brian served it… | 事实上 是Brian的服务… |
[33:06] | makes me think Celia is better off without him. | 让我认为Celia确实应该甩了他 |
[33:08] | I’m so glad, hon. | 我太高兴了 |
[33:12] | Okay. Here are the zucchini. | 好了 这是你的绿皮胡瓜 |
[33:17] | Too small. Take them away. | 太小了 拿走 |
[33:22] | – It’s good to have her back, huh? – Yeah. | – 她终于回来了 嗯? – 是的 |
[33:27] | You’re still gonna have to pay for the zucchini. | 你还是要买下绿皮胡瓜的 |
[33:30] | There’s a man with a funny accent on the phone, asking for you. | 电话里有个奇怪口音的男人找你 |
[33:34] | Really? Did you guys exchange the secret handshake? | 是么? 那你们俩没有握握手啊? |
[33:41] | Lorelai here. | 我是Lorelai |
[33:43] | Rory, what happened? | Rory 怎么了? |
[33:45] | – I got hit by a deer. – You got what? | – 我被鹿撞了 – 你怎么了? |
[33:47] | Then I was late, and they wouldn’t let me take the test. | 然后我就迟到了 而且他们不让我参加考试 |
[33:50] | – What? – They wouldn’t let me take the test… | – 什么? – 他们不让我参加考试… |
[33:52] | – No, you’re kidding me. – Mom… | – 你在开玩笑吧 – 妈妈… |
[33:54] | No, it’s okay. Just sit right here. I’ll handle this. | 没事的 坐在这 我来处理这些 |
[34:05] | Excuse me. Hello. | 打扰了 你好 |
[34:06] | – Ms. Gilmore. Please come in. – Thank you. | – Gilmore小姐 请进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[34:09] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[34:11] | I think there’s been a terrible mistake. | 我想有个严重的错误 |
[34:14] | Rory told me that she wasn’t allowed to take her test. | Rory告诉我 你们不让他参加考试 |
[34:18] | – She was late. – Right, well… | – 她迟到了 – 好 嗯… |
[34:20] | see, there were circumstances beyond her control. | 你看 这有一个她无法控制的情况 |
[34:22] | Rory is never late. She’s almost annoyingly on time. | Rory 从不迟到 她是非常的准时 |
[34:25] | If you checked your records… | 若你查看你的记录… |
[34:27] | Past performance has nothing to do with today’s situation. | 过去不代表现在的 |
[34:30] | Okay. But see, she was up all night studying. | 好吧 但是她整晚都在学习 |
[34:33] | I was there. She has a witness. | 我在她旁边 她有证人的 |
[34:35] | – She’s not on trial here. – Well, Your Honor… | – 但是她没在考场上 – 好吧 大人 |
[34:39] | Just a little trial humor. That won’t happen again. | 只是个小小的幽默 不会再发生了 |
[34:42] | She got up late. She broke her neck to get here. | 她起晚了 她拧了脖子都要赶到这里 |
[34:45] | We don’t live locally as you… | 我们并不住在这里的 |
[34:46] | – “The dog ate my homework.” – Excuse me? | – “狗吃了我的家庭作业” – 什么? |
[34:48] | “My computer crashed, and I lost my midterm.” | “在我写了一半的时候我的电脑坏了” |
[34:51] | I wasn’t making excuses. | 我没有找理由的 |
[34:52] | “My grandmother and first cousin died.” | “我的外婆和第一堂兄死了.” |
[34:54] | “My sister took my report to school instead of hers.” | “我的妹妹把我的报告拿去了学校” |
[34:57] | “My religion prohibits studying after sundown.” | “我的宗教不允许日落学习” |
[34:59] | “I went blind last night, but I’m fine now.” | “昨晚我失明了 但是现在我好了” |
[35:02] | That’s not Rory. | 那不是Rory |
[35:05] | Rules are rules. | 规矩就是规矩 |
[35:07] | When you’re late, you forfeit the right to take the test. | 你要是迟到了 你就丧失了考试的权利 |
[35:11] | Where are you going? Where is he going? | 你去哪? 他去哪? |
[35:13] | Please, believe me, if I could do anything, I would. | 请相信我 如果我能帮上忙得话 我会帮了 |
[35:16] | – You could let her take the test. – I can”t. | – 你能让她参加考试的 – 我不能 |
[35:18] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[35:19] | We’re not here to be fair. We’re here to educate. | 我们在这不是为了公平 我们在这是为了育人 |
[35:22] | Yes, and I’m asking you to please educate my kid. | 好的 那我请你教育我的孩子 |
[35:25] | We will when she’s on time. | 只要她准时我们会的 |
[35:28] | Have a nice day. | 今天过得愉快 |
[35:30] | Are you holding that door open for a reason? | 你打开门是不是有什么原因呢? |
[35:32] | – Our meeting is over. – Like hell it is. | – 我们的会面结束了 – 狗屁 |
[35:35] | Do you have any idea what we have gone through this week? | 你知道我们这个星期是怎么过的么? |
[35:39] | We have been up all night every night, studying. We haven’t slept. | 我们每晚都在学习 我们就没睡过 |
[35:42] | We haven’t talked about anything else… | 我们其它什么事都不谈 |
[35:44] | except this school and this test for seven days. | 除了学校的事和七天后的考试 |
[35:47] | We have stretched ourselves as thin as humanly possible… | 我们尽我们最大的努力 |
[35:50] | without going completely postal. My God! We’re just one person! | 上帝啊 我们只是平凡的人 |
[35:54] | Why don’t we narrow our field of conversation down to Rory? | 我们为什么不把我们的话题集中在Rory身上 |
[35:57] | Okay. Why don’t we? | 好吧 为什么我们不? |
[35:58] | You sit here in your snotty little school… | 你坐在你傲慢的小学校里… |
[36:00] | in desperate need of some extra heating vents… | 不顾一切找发泄方式… |
[36:03] | and you nurture horrible kids who treat each other like mortal enemies. | 你教育孩子们像敌人一样对待彼此 |
[36:06] | You set impossible standards… | 你设定了让人难以忍受的校规… |
[36:08] | that make normal people feel less than everybody else. | 让普通人觉得自己与众不同 |
[36:10] | You take a great kid like Rory and tear her apart! | 你有了像Rory这样的孩子 但却伤了她的心! |
[36:13] | I don’t think that’s completely fair. | 我觉得这样说非常不公平 |
[36:15] | You say she’s smart and she’ll do fine. | 你说过她很聪明 她会做的好的 |
[36:17] | And this rotting, stodgy rathole could use somebody like her. | 在这个腐蚀的 油腻的鼠洞需要她这样的孩子 |
[36:20] | Then you completely shut her out of a test that she’s crammed for… | 然后你就把她从她非常渴望的考试中驱逐出去 |
[36:24] | that she completely deserves to take! | 她完全有资格参加考试 |
[36:25] | – I didn’t call this place a rathole. – That’s true. I added that. | – 我没说这个地方是鼠洞 – 是的 那是我加的 |
[36:28] | Wouldn’t want you to get in trouble with II Duce here. | 我不想让这里的老大找你的麻烦 |
[36:31] | I thought this place was gonna be so great. | 我本觉得这个地方很不错 |
[36:33] | And now, I guess this goes on the “Boy, was I wrong” list… | 但是 现在这已经成为了“伙计 我错了”单子里的一项了 |
[36:36] | right above gauchos but just below the Flashdance phase. | 这里好过牧人 但是却比跳舞的差 |
[36:39] | My goodness, you do like to throw fits in your family. | 上帝啊 有其母必有其女啊 |
[36:42] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[36:43] | Your daughter threw a similar, if not as manic, fit of her own this morning. | 今天早上你的女儿和你一样狂躁 |
[36:47] | Please. Rory doesn’t throw fits. | 算了吧 Rory从不抓狂的 |
[36:50] | She’s the most even-tempered person I know. | 她是我知道最能控制自己脾气的人了 |
[36:52] | Well, she did a lovely impression of you. | 嗯 她对你是可爱的印象了 |
[36:55] | Everything you said in your rant was absolutely true… | 你刚才咆哮中所说的一切都是正确的… |
[36:58] | without the colorful embellishments of course. | 当然没有任何色彩的修饰 |
[37:01] | We do set impossible standards… | 我们确实设定了让人无法忍受的校规… |
[37:03] | and such standards do foster highly competitive children. | 而这个校规是为了培育有高竞争性的孩子的 |
[37:06] | However, that is life, and that is Chilton. | 尽管如此 这就是在Chilton的生活 |
[37:10] | Rules can change. You can change them. | 规矩可以改的 你可以修改它的 |
[37:12] | I told your daughter when she came here, this place was not for everyone… | 在你女儿来的时候我就告诉她了 这个地方不是每个人都能来的… |
[37:16] | and might not be for her. I will now tell you the same thing. | 可能对她也是一样 现在我要再告诉你 |
[37:19] | She doesn’t have to be here. | 她并不是非要留在这里的 |
[37:21] | She doesn’t have to go to Harvard. Maybe she shouldn”t. | 她并不是非要上哈佛的 她可能也上不了 |
[37:24] | If she can’t handle the pressure, she should leave. | 如果她无法面对压力 她可以离开的 |
[37:27] | You need to take your daughter home now and decide what it is you intend to do. | 你现在要把你的孩子带走 然后决定该怎么办 |
[37:31] | However, another outburst like this from either of you… | 还有 以后你们任何一个人再像今天这样爆发 |
[37:35] | will not be on the options list. | 是不可容忍的 |
[37:37] | Thank you for coming in. | 谢谢你能来 |
[37:40] | That will be all. | 这就是全部了 |
[37:49] | You got hit by a deer? | 你被鹿撞了? |
[37:55] | You did. You got hit by a deer. | 你被鹿撞了 |
[37:57] | It just came out of nowhere. | 它突然就钻出来了 |
[37:59] | You couldn’t just run into a wall like other kids? | 你不能象其他孩子那样撞墙吗? |
[38:02] | – Can we just go home, please? – Yeah, sure. Jump in. | – 我们能回家么? – 当然 上来吧 |
[38:15] | – May I help you? – Yes. | – 我能帮您么? – 是的 |
[38:18] | Hello. My name is Sookie St. James. I’m the chef at the Independence Inn. | 你好 我是Sookie St. James. 我是独立旅馆的厨师 |
[38:22] | – I know who you are. – You do? | – 我知道你是谁 – 你知道? |
[38:25] | Well, I’m flattered. You write about a lot of chefs… | 嗯 我很高兴 你写了很多关于厨师的… |
[38:29] | – What are you doing here? – Right. | – 你在这里做什么? – 好的 |
[38:31] | I know that this is a terrible intrusion, but… | 我知道这有点打扰了 但是… |
[38:35] | – Are you cooking? – I’m making chicken. | – 你在做饭么? – 我在做鸡肉 |
[38:37] | – You used too much salt. – I did not. | – 你放了太多的盐 – 我没有 |
[38:40] | It smells salty. | 它闻起来很咸 |
[38:41] | – I’m closing the door now. – No, wait. | – 我要关门了 – 不 等等 |
[38:43] | I found your address from my network of culinary friends… | 我从我朋友厨师朋友那里得到了你的地址… |
[38:46] | This is really inappropriate. I gave you a good review. | 这是非常不恰当的 我对你的评价很好的 |
[38:49] | I suggest you go home. | 我建议你回家 |
[38:51] | I don’t care about the review. I just… | 我并不在意评价的 我只是想… |
[38:53] | I want you to try this dish… | 想让你尝尝这个… |
[38:57] | with this wine. | 和这个酒 |
[39:00] | I’ll wait. | 我在这里等 |
[39:06] | – Quite a day, huh? – I don’t want to talk. Please. | – 不错的一天啊 啊? – 我不想说话 求你 |
[39:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:13] | I just think we should talk about it. | 我只是认为我们应该说说这个的 |
[39:15] | – Stop the car. – What? | – 停车 – 什么? |
[39:16] | Here. Stop here. | 就这儿 停车 |
[39:19] | You’re just feeling like an impromptu nature walk? | 你想要在大自然里散步么? |
[39:21] | I wanna see if it’s all right. | 我想看看它还好么 |
[39:23] | – Lf what’s all right? – The deer. | – 什么还好? – 那只鹿 |
[39:25] | – You’re never gonna find the deer! – I’m gonna try. | – 你永远也找不到那只鹿的! – 我要试试 |
[39:28] | – I’m in heels. – Stay in the car. | – 我的脚很疼得 – 那就呆在车里 |
[39:30] | It’s dangerous in the car with the kamikaze deer running around. | 周围有像日本自杀式的鹿时 在车里很危险 |
[39:33] | I have to find it. | 我必须找到它 |
[39:35] | All right. Wait up! | 好的 等等我 |
[39:38] | So what does the deer look like? | 那么那个鹿长什么样? |
[39:40] | Does he have any distinguishing marks… | 除了在他额头上印的那个“吉普” … |
[39:42] | besides the word “jeep” imprinted on his forehead? | 有什么明显的特征么? |
[39:44] | He’s just a deer. | 就是只鹿 |
[39:49] | So I had a nice chat with Headmaster Charleston today. | 我今天和校长Charleston谈得很好 |
[39:52] | He said you went ballistic in class. | 他说你今天在班里抓狂了 |
[39:55] | I was just tired. | 我只是很累 |
[39:56] | You wouldn’t have been tired had you not been killing yourself all week. | 如果你整个星期不要那样拚命的话就不会累得 |
[40:00] | I was studying. I didn’t have a choice. | 我在学习 我没有其他选择 |
[40:02] | Maybe you shouldn’t be studying that hard. | 也许你不应该学得那么辛苦 |
[40:04] | – What are you talking about? – You’re 16. | – 你在说什么? – 你已经16了. |
[40:07] | You should get some sleep and eat a real meal… | 你应该好好睡觉 并且好好吃顿饭… |
[40:09] | and come up for air once in a while. | 偶尔也可以玩玩得 |
[40:12] | They kicked me out. | 他们把我开除了 |
[40:13] | No. Of course not. They love you. This is coming from me. | 不 当然没有 他们喜欢你的 这是我的想法 |
[40:16] | Are you saying I should quit? | 你是不是说我应该退出? |
[40:18] | I’m saying, if you wanted to go back to your other school with Lane… | 如果你希望回到原来的学校和Lane在一起… |
[40:21] | that would be fine with me. | 我不会反对的 |
[40:23] | – You don’t think I can do it. – You know that’s not true. | – 你不认为我能行么? – 你知道我认为你行的 |
[40:26] | I think you can do anything. But you don’t lose it in class. | 我认为你能做任何事情 你没有在班里失败的 |
[40:29] | That’s not part of the Rory personality description. | 这不是Rory性格 |
[40:32] | If you’re losing it in class… | 如果你失败了… |
[40:33] | because you’re tired, stressed out, or working too hard… | 那是因为你太累了 压力太大了 学习太辛苦… |
[40:36] | I’m worried about that. I have to be. | 我很担心你的 我必须这样做的 |
[40:39] | – I lost it once. – Okay. Fine. | – 我只失败了一次 – 好吧 好吧 |
[40:45] | It’s just I can’t remember a time… | 只是我不记得我们哪一次会… |
[40:48] | when we weren’t talking about you going to Harvard. | 不谈论你去哈佛的事 |
[40:51] | It was just a given. That was what we were working for. | 这是个强加的目标 我们为之奋斗的目标 |
[40:54] | – Everything went in that direction. – I know. | – 每件事都是为了这个目标而做的 – 我知道 |
[40:56] | And I’m forgetting where that all started. | 我都忘记怎么开始的了 |
[41:00] | – What are you talking about? – I’m talking about… | – 你在说什么? – 我在说… |
[41:02] | did it start with me or did it start with you? | 它是因你而起 还是因我而起? |
[41:05] | Was it my dream that you went to Harvard? | 这不是我的梦想么 让你去哈佛? |
[41:07] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[41:08] | Because I never got to do the big, fancy college thing. | 因为我从没有经上过大学 |
[41:12] | Maybe all this time I’m thinking it’s all for Rory… | 也许这段时间我一直认为这是为了Rory… |
[41:15] | when really it wasn”t. | 但其实并不是 |
[41:17] | – I’m not doing this because of you. – Lf you are, you don’t have to. | – 我做这事不是为了你 – 如果你是 你没必要这样做的 |
[41:20] | – I know that. – I’ll still love you… | – 我知道 – 我依然爱你… |
[41:22] | even if you can’t support me in my old age… | 即使你在我老的时候不能… |
[41:24] | in the fabulous manner to which I plan on growing accustomed. | 像我预想的那样伺候我 |
[41:27] | I’ll remember that selfless gesture. Thank you. | 我会记住这次无私的表示的 谢谢 |
[41:31] | – I just want you to be happy. – I am. | – 我只是希望你能开心 – 我很开心 |
[41:33] | No, I want you to be… | 不 我希望你能… |
[41:34] | dancing-through-the-woods-crazy happy. | 在树林跳舞那样疯狂的快乐 |
[41:37] | If Harvard and Chilton is not gonna do that for you… | 如果哈佛和Chilton 不能给你这些… |
[41:40] | then forget about them. | 那就忘了他们吧 |
[41:42] | I was just behind. | 我只是落后了而已 |
[41:43] | I never caught up on all the reading. That’s why I got a “D.” | 我还没有把所有的阅读材料读完 这是为什么我得 “D.” |
[41:47] | I can catch up. I will catch up. And when I do, everything will be fine. | 我能赶上的 我也会赶上的 当我赶上后 一切都会好起来的 |
[41:53] | No. Harvard is my dream. | 不 哈佛是我的梦想 |
[41:55] | – I want it more than anything. I swear. – Yeah, but… | – 我发誓它对我来说比什么都重要 – 是的 但是… |
[41:58] | I appreciate all that you’re saying. I do. | 我非常感谢你说的 真的 |
[42:01] | But I’m not ready to give up on Chilton yet. | 但是我还不想放弃在 Chilton的生活 |
[42:05] | Fair enough. | 很公平 |
[42:07] | I do, however, reserve the right to change my mind. | 本来么 但是 我保留我改变主意的权利 |
[42:10] | That’s your prerogative, as long as you remain a woman. | 这是你作为女人的特权 |
[42:15] | – Thanks, though. – For what? | – 仍然很谢谢你 – 因为什么? |
[42:17] | For yelling at the headmaster the way you did. | 为你对校长大吼 |
[42:19] | I didn’t yell at him. | 我没有对他吼 |
[42:21] | You called him II Duce. | 你把他叫独裁者 |
[42:23] | Which means “kind sir” in Cantonese. | 在广东话里是“和蔼的先生” |
[42:27] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[42:30] | How much longer are we gonna look for this crazy deer? | 我们还要找多久那个疯狂的鹿? |
[42:33] | Just a little further. | 再一会 |
[42:35] | – I just hope he didn’t hurt himself. – I just hope he has insurance. | – 我希望他别受伤 – 我希望他买了保险 |
[42:40] | Go get that plaid skirt off and grab your books. | 把你的校服脱了 拿上你的书 |
[42:43] | We’re going to Luke”s. | 我们去Luke那儿 |
[42:44] | – Don’t you have to get back to work? – They can last a little longer without me. | – 你不需要回去工作么? – 他们没有我也能坚持一会儿 |
[42:48] | Plus Michel gets so cute when he feels he’s overworked. | 加上 Michel在他疲劳时会变得很可爱 |
[42:51] | His ears puff out, his nostrils flare. It’s big fun. | 他的耳朵耷拉下来 鼻子闪着光 非常有意思 |
[42:53] | – Go. – I’m gone. | – 去吧 – 好的 |
[43:00] | It’s us. We’re not here. We have a life. Get over it. | 是我们 我们现在不再 我们去玩了 没空接电话 |
[43:04] | Hi. This is a message for Rory. It’s Max Medina calling. | 嗨 这是给Rory的口信 Max Medina打来的 |
[43:07] | I just wanted to say I talked to Headmaster Charleston… | 我只想说 我和校长Charleston… |
[43:10] | or II Duce, as he’s more affectionately known in the Gilmore household… | 或者大独裁 鉴于 他在Gilmore家族不错的名声… |
[43:14] | and he’s agreed to let you do some extra credit work… | 他同意让你做一些 额外学分作业…… |
[43:17] | to help make up for the missed test today. | 以弥补你今天错过的考试 |
[43:19] | Now, I’m not sure what the extra credit work is yet… | 现在我也不能确定 到底是什么额外的作业… |
[43:22] | but it probably will be time-consuming and extremely painful. | 但是会很费时间 而且很痛苦 |
[43:26] | It will, however, get you back up to where I think you rightly belong, Rory. | 可不管怎样 它能使你回到 属于你的地方 Rory |
[43:31] | Don’t lose heart. Make this work. | 别灰心 加油 |
[43:34] | And if your mother’s listening… | 如果你的母亲也在听… |
[43:36] | Lorelai, it was a pleasure encountering you. | Lorelai 很高兴遇见你 |
[43:39] | I hope it happens again. | 希望还能见到 |
[43:41] | Anyway, see you in class. Bye. | 好了 上课见 拜 |