时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – “L” – Laryngitis. | – L – 喉炎 |
[00:06] | – “M” – Mumps. | – M – 腮腺炎 |
[00:07] | – “N” – Narcolepsy. “O” | – N – 嗜眠病 O |
[00:10] | Do we have to do this every time we decide who has to clean the refrigerator? | 每次确定由谁清洗冰箱 都要用这样的方式决定吗? |
[00:13] | – You wanna go back to thumb wrestling? – Osteoporosis. “P” | – 你想再和以前一样扳拇指决定? – 骨质疏松 P |
[00:17] | – Puppies! – That’s not a disease. | – 噢~小狗!! – 那不是疾病的名称 |
[00:21] | Oh, boy! | 哦 天 |
[00:25] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[00:34] | – Rory, look at the baby. – Mom. | – Rory 看这小狗狗 – 妈 |
[00:38] | ‘Buttercup was found cold and wet, hovering under a hydrangea bush… | 发现”牛油杯”时 她又冷又湿 在26号公路旁的八仙花丛下转悠 |
[00:41] | ‘along Highway 26.’ It’s a sad highway! | 让人伤心的公路 |
[00:44] | As compared to all the happy highways she could’ve been abandoned by? | 跟那些她应该被抛弃在的开心公路比? |
[00:48] | ‘Her lineage includes cocker spaniel, golden retriever, Bouvier des Flandres… ‘ | 它的血统有英国可卡犬 金毛寻回犬 法兰德斯牧羊犬 |
[00:52] | – Gesundheit. – Thank you. ‘And rottweiler. ‘ | – 长命百岁~~ – 谢谢 还有德国洛威纳犬的血统 |
[00:55] | ‘Buttercup is a special dog. She is extremely skittish… | “牛油杯”很特别 很容易受到惊吓 |
[00:58] | ‘and tends to react badly toward blond-haired females, brunette males… | 不喜欢金发女性 深肤色的男性 |
[01:01] | ‘children of either sex, other animals, red clothing, cabbage, or anyone in uniform. ‘ | 所有小孩 其他动物 穿红衣服的 卷心菜 还有穿制服的人 |
[01:06] | – We just found the doggy version of you. – Can I help you? | – 这狗跟你性格一样 – 能帮你们什么吗? |
[01:09] | Do not let these two anywhere near a dog. They can barely feed themselves. | 不要让这两人接近狗 他们连自己也没法养活 |
[01:12] | Shut up. We would be excellent pet owners, thank you. | 闭嘴 你 我们会是很好的宠物主人 谢谢 |
[01:15] | – You cannot be serious. – We could get him a pretty bowl. | – 你不是说真的吧 – 我们可以给他弄个很漂亮的碗 |
[01:17] | – It’s a her. – And a new name. | – 是”她” – 再取个新名字 |
[01:19] | – Mom. – This Buttercup thing really has to go. | – 妈妈 – “牛油杯”这名字就不要了 |
[01:22] | – Do I need to remind you of Skippy? – Skippy? | – 要我提醒你Skippy的事吗? – Skippy? |
[01:24] | – I can’t believe you would bring that up. – Skippy was our hamster. | – 不敢相信你竟然说这个 – Skippy是我们的宠物鼠 |
[01:27] | – He doesn’t care. – What happened to him? | – 他不会在乎的 – Skippy怎么了? |
[01:29] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[01:30] | Every time Mom put her hand in his cage, he’d bite her. | 妈妈每次把手放进笼子 他都会咬她 |
[01:33] | – And laugh. – Hamsters can’t laugh. | – 还笑 – 老鼠不会笑 |
[01:35] | This one laughed. Trust me. | 这只老鼠会笑 相信我 |
[01:38] | – So, finally, she got fed up. – Of being laughed at by a hamster? | – 所以 最后 她受不了了 – 就因为老鼠笑话她? |
[01:41] | Yeah. | 对 |
[01:42] | She stopped cleaning its cage. Instead, every day she’d stuff Kleenex in there. | 她不打扫笼子了 还每天往里面塞卫生纸 |
[01:46] | – You didn’t. – It was the quilted kind. | – 不会吧 – 是很多层的那种呢 |
[01:48] | This goes on, and the cage is just a cage full of Kleenex that moves a little. | 然后 不久笼子就全是Kleenex卫生纸 没多少活动空间 |
[01:52] | – And the smell, really good. – I can imagine. | – 还有那气味 很好呢 – 能想象 |
[01:54] | No, you can’t. | 不 你想不到 |
[01:55] | Then she takes the cage to the place where we bought him… | 然后她提着笼子到我们买那只老鼠的地方 |
[01:58] | waits for the sales guy to go behind the desk, dumps it on the counter, then bolts. | 等卖老鼠的人 走到桌子后 她把老鼠扔在柜台上 就跑掉了 |
[02:02] | You abandoned your hamster? | 你把老鼠扔了? |
[02:03] | I know it was bad, but this was a vicious hamster. | 我知道这不好 但这老鼠很可恶 |
[02:05] | This was like a Damien hamster with little beady eyes, and a big forked tail… | 他就象是Damien的老鼠 眼睛小 圆鼓鼓的 大尾巴长的跟叉子似的 |
[02:10] | and a cape with a hood and… | 穿着带风帽的披风 |
[02:14] | – Bye, Buttercup. Bye, Luke. – You did the right thing. | – 拜 牛油杯 拜 Luke – 你做得对 |
[02:18] | – I want a pet. – You have me. | – 我想要个宠物 – 你有我啊 |
[02:20] | – You won’t get my slippers in the morning. – I might if you had slippers. | – 你不会早上帮我拿拖鞋 – 你要有拖鞋的话 我可以啊 |
[02:24] | – Will you wear a collar? – No. | – 你会项圈吗? – 不 |
[02:25] | – It’ll be pink. – You’re sick. | – 粉色的 – 你真差劲 |
[02:27] | Watch how you talk to me. Remember what happened to Skippy. | 当心你跟和说话的方式 不要忘记我是怎样对Skippy的 |
[03:35] | God, this is good. | 噢 真好吃 |
[03:38] | – Okay, correct me if I’m wrong. – Salt, please. | – 好吧 要是有哪不好 请告诉我 – 拿点盐 谢了 |
[03:41] | Twenty minutes ago, we were sitting at the dinner table, weren’t we? | 我们20分钟前还坐在餐桌旁 对吧? |
[03:44] | Yes, we were. | 对 |
[03:45] | There were candles and flowers and plates and knives and cloth napkins. | 有蜡烛 鲜花 盘子 刀子 还有餐巾 |
[03:50] | I loved the little sombrero napkin holders. Very ole. | 我很喜欢那种小宽边帽的纸巾架 很棒 |
[03:53] | And the whole time we were at said dinner table… | 在餐桌上的时候 我们一直都在说话 |
[03:55] | you ate two, maybe three bites of this amazing dinner I made for you. | 看着我给你做的这么美妙的晚餐 你总共就吃了两三口 |
[03:58] | Pass the bread. | 把面包递给我 |
[04:01] | Yet, as soon as that dinner is over and I start cleaning up… | 但刚吃完饭 我开始收拾 |
[04:04] | suddenly, that’s when you’re starving. | 你忽然又饿了 |
[04:06] | What can I say? Watching someone work makes me hungry. | 能说什么呢? 看别人做事 我就会觉得饿 |
[04:09] | If I hadn’t stopped watching This Old House, I’d be 500 pounds now. | 如果我还在看”This Old House” 我现在就500磅了 |
[04:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[04:14] | – Passing these to you. – In the dish, please. | – 把这些递给你啊 – 放在盘子里 好吗 |
[04:21] | Where did you learn to make osso buco, anyway? | 对了 你从哪儿学会做炖小牛腿的? |
[04:24] | From this very old Italian woman who used to live upstairs. | 以前住在楼上的是个很老的意大利女人 从她那里学的 |
[04:31] | She had lost her husband a couple of years before, and she looked at me like a son. | 她丈夫几年前去世了 她把当儿子一样看 |
[04:35] | – Sweet. – She was. | – 她真好 – 是啊 |
[04:37] | – So an old girlfriend? – Yeah. | – 那么 是个老女朋友了? – 对啊 |
[04:40] | – So, would you like some coffee? – Yes, please. | – 来点咖啡吗? – 好 谢谢 |
[04:50] | – Did you read Rory’s paper yet? – Not yet. | – 看过Rory的论文没? – 还没 |
[04:53] | – It’s really good. – I’m sure it is. | – 真的很好 – 肯定是 |
[04:55] | – Look, it’s right on top. – Isn’t that a coincidence? | – 看 就在最上面 – 很巧合 不是吗? |
[05:02] | There are some really big words in here. | 里面有很多复杂的词语 |
[05:05] | I hope you have a dictionary with you when you read it. | 我看 你读的时候最好带着字典 |
[05:08] | I will. | 我会的 |
[05:09] | I could just save you the time, and put an ‘A’ on it for you. | 我可以为你省点时间 帮你给她打个A |
[05:15] | That wouldn’t be fair to the other students whose mothers aren’t here, would it? | 那对其他学生就不公平了 因为他们的妈妈不在这里 对吧 |
[05:19] | Yes, you’re right. | 是 你说得对 |
[05:21] | Although, life isn’t fair, and the sooner those kids learn that, the better. | 但生活本身就不公平 这些小孩越早知道这一点越好 |
[05:26] | I’ll take that advice into account. | 我会考虑这个建议的 |
[05:30] | These are beautiful. | 这些很漂亮 |
[05:34] | I never read Proust. I always wanted to. | 我从没读过Proust的书 我总想读的 |
[05:37] | Every now and then… | 有时候 |
[05:38] | I’m seized with an overwhelming urge to say something like: | 我特想说点这样的话 |
[05:42] | ‘As Marcel Proust would say… ‘ But I have no idea what he would say. | “如Marcel Proust所说…” 但我不知道他会说什么 |
[05:46] | So I don’t even go there. I could do, ‘As Michael Crichton would say… ‘ | 所以我从来不这样说 我能说的是”正如Michael Crichton所说” |
[05:50] | – but it’s not exactly the same. – Take it. | – 但根本不一样 – 拿去吧 |
[05:54] | – Oh, no! It looks so valuable. – It’s a book. It’s meant to be read. | – 哦 不要 看起来很贵重的 – 一本书而已 就是用来读的 |
[05:59] | – You sure? – Take it. Read it. | – 真的? – 拿去读吧 |
[06:02] | Okay, I will. | 好吧 我会读的 |
[06:09] | – Not now. – What? | – 不是现在 – 什么? |
[06:12] | I’d rather you didn’t read it right now. | 我不想你现在就读 |
[06:15] | But what about… | 但 |
[06:20] | my required reading? | 我的指定读物怎么办? |
[06:24] | But I won’t make the cheerleading squad. | 我赶不上啦啦队训练了 |
[06:28] | Mr. Medina, is this my extra-credit work, because Missy just had to take a test. | Medina先生 这是我的附加分作业吗? 因为小姑娘我快要考试呢 |
[06:41] | Where do you think you’re going? | 你想去哪儿啊? |
[06:45] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:46] | It’s 1:00 in the morning. | 现在是凌晨一点 |
[06:49] | I know, but my watch stopped during a terrible car wreck… | 我知道 但因为一次严重的车祸 我的表停了 |
[06:53] | and I had to save kittens and small children and four baby chicks. | 我要救小猫 小孩 还有4只小鸡 |
[06:58] | – Did you have a nice time? – Not bad. | – 玩得开心吗? – 不错 |
[07:01] | That’s a very big smile for a not bad night. | 你笑得这么开心 不只是不错吧 |
[07:04] | – Yeah, well. He loaned me a book. – What book? | – 嗯 他借给我了一本书 – 什么书? |
[07:07] | – Swann’s Way. – Aren’t we ambitious? | – Swann之路 – 好有野心哟 |
[07:09] | Yes, we are. | 是啊 是这样 |
[07:10] | You know what it means when a man loans you a book? | 你知道一个男的借给你书 意味什么吗? |
[07:12] | – That he’s already read it? – Yeah. | – 意味着他已经读过了? – 对 |
[07:15] | – How was your night? – Homework. | – 晚上怎么样? – 做作业了 |
[07:17] | – How many times did Dean call? – Not that many. | – Dean给你打了几次电话 – 没几次 |
[07:19] | – How many? – Three. | – 几次? – 三次 |
[07:21] | – Five. – Not an all-time high, but very respectable. | – 五次 – 不算太多 但很不错了 |
[07:26] | – I’m going to bed. Are you staying here? – Yeah, I’m comfortable. | – 我要睡了 你就在这儿? – 嗯 挺舒服的 |
[07:29] | I’ve got the pillows in a perfect mushed position. | 我把枕头弄得很舒服 |
[07:36] | Night, Mom. | 晚安 妈妈 |
[07:37] | – You just go think about what you’ve done. – I will. | – 你再想想都做了什么 – 是 |
[07:45] | – What? – You look happy. | – 怎么了? – 你很开心的样子 |
[07:48] | – I am, kid. – Just checking. | – 我是很开心 宝贝 – 只是确认一下 |
[07:55] | ‘There’s a certain slant of light | 有一束斜斜的光 |
[07:58] | ‘Winter afternoons | 在冬日的午后 |
[08:00] | ‘That oppresses, like the heft | 那种阴霾 很沉重 |
[08:03] | ‘Of cathedral tunes’ | 教堂中的琴声 |
[08:05] | That, my friends, is the first verse of a poem by Emily Dickinson. | 朋友们 这是Emily Dickinson一首诗的第一小节 |
[08:10] | Read some of those tonight, and as you do, consider the fact… | 今晚 读读这些 读的时候 想想 |
[08:14] | that Emily Dickinson writes convincingly about passion and about the world… | Emily Dickinson对感情对世界 有说服力的描写 |
[08:18] | in spite of the fact that she lived as a virtual recluse. | 而实际上她是隐居生活的 |
[08:22] | It’ll help you appreciate her mind. | 这能帮你们理解她的心灵 |
[08:28] | I could listen to him talk about passion all day. | 他整天都在谈论感情 |
[08:31] | – Do you think he’s dating anyone? – Of course he is. | – 你想他是不是在约会? – 当然是了 |
[08:34] | – A teacher? – Please. | – 和一个老师? – 算了吧 |
[08:36] | – Why not? – Have you seen teachers? | – 为什么不是 – 你没看过老师吗? |
[08:38] | – He’s a teacher. – Male teachers are different. | – 他是老师啊 – 男老师不一样 |
[08:42] | – They can still be mysterious. – I bet his girlfriend’s pretty. | – 他们会很神秘 – 他女朋友一定很漂亮 |
[08:45] | – I bet she’s dumb. – Why? | – 我觉得她很笨 – 为什么? |
[08:47] | Dumb girls crave smart men. | 笨女孩喜欢聪明的男人 |
[08:49] | It’s the whole Marilyn Monroe-Arthur Miller syndrome. | 玛丽莲.梦露-阿瑟.米勒症候群 |
[08:52] | I still think she’s lucky. | 我还是觉得她很幸运 |
[08:54] | Whoever he’s dating is a loser who doesn’t care he’s a teacher… | 不管谁在和他约会 这女孩都是个失败者 竟然不在意他是老师 |
[08:57] | in this ridiculous school making a ridiculous teacher’s salary. | 在这荒唐的学校 挣着荒唐的薪水 |
[09:00] | What are you looking at? | 你看什么呢? |
[09:02] | Guess someone read the paper today. | 我想某个人应该读了今天的报纸吧 |
[09:04] | I know. Paris’parents’ divorce is getting very ugly. | 我知道 Paris父母离婚的事情 已经闹得不可开交了 |
[09:08] | Her dad should’ve paid her mom more and this thing would’ve been over. | 要是她爸爸多付点钱给她妈妈 这事说不定已经完了 |
[09:11] | That’s what my dad did. | 我爸爸就是这么做的 |
[09:12] | – Hi. – Hi. | – Hi. – Hi. 嗨 嗨 |
[09:15] | Is it true Paris’ mom had the entire back of her body surgically reconstructed? | Paris的妈妈真的动过手术 整个背部都大动了? |
[09:19] | It doesn’t match the front now, does it? | 现在和前面都不对称了吧? |
[09:23] | – How’s the squab? – It’s good. | – 乳鸽味道怎么样? – 很好 |
[09:28] | It’s the best tiny, weird bird I’ve ever eaten. | 这是我吃过的最小 最怪的鸟 |
[09:30] | I’m glad. | 我很开心 |
[09:31] | – Why are you smiling like that? – What? | – 为什么你那样笑? – 什么? |
[09:33] | – You’re smiling. – I’m happy. | – 你在笑 – 我开心啊 |
[09:35] | – That’s not your’I’m happy’ smile. – What smile is it, Lorelai? | – 那不是”我很开心”式的微笑 – 那是什么微笑 Lorelai? |
[09:38] | That’s your ‘I’ve got something on Lorelai’ smile. | 那微笑意味着”我发现了Lorelai的什么事” |
[09:41] | – Rory, your mother must be very tired. – She works a lot. | – Rory 你妈妈一定很累 – 她工作很辛苦 |
[09:43] | I grew up with that smile. I know that smile. | 我伴着那样的微笑长大 我知道那微笑 |
[09:46] | – Tell me about school. – My French final went pretty well. | – 跟我说说学校的事 – 我法语期末考试很不错 |
[09:49] | You can change the subject. I know the smile. | 你可以转移话题 我知道那微笑 |
[09:52] | – Whatever you say, dear. – I’ve used it a few times myself. | – 管你怎么说 亲爱的 – 我自己也这样微笑过 |
[09:55] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[09:56] | – Tell me about Parents’ Day. – What? | – 跟我说说家长日 – 什么? |
[10:00] | Parents’ Day. Next Wednesday. | 家长日 下星期三 |
[10:02] | When parents are supposed to go to classes with their children. | 那时父母应和小孩一起去学校 |
[10:05] | The Chilton newsletter came out today. | Chilton的通知函今天发出来的 |
[10:07] | – Yeah. – Right. | – 是啊 – 对 |
[10:08] | – You didn’t read yours? – Not yet. | – 你还没看? – 还没 |
[10:11] | But you knew that. Hence the smile. | 但你知道我没看 因为你那样笑 |
[10:13] | You’re really being silly. There is no evil plan afoot here. | 你很无聊 我没想耍什么诡计 |
[10:17] | I simply brought up a subject I thought we could talk about. | 我只是随便提起个话题 我们可以一起谈谈 |
[10:20] | – Right. – I’ll try another subject. | – 对 – 我换个话题吧 |
[10:23] | The color blue is very pleasant, isn’t it? | 蓝颜色很不错 是吧? |
[10:26] | Not everybody can wait outside the mailbox for the Chilton newsletter… | 不是每个人都会在邮筒外 等着Chilton的通知函 |
[10:30] | and instantly memorize the contents in three seconds. | 然后3秒钟内记住所有内容 |
[10:32] | I’d like to weigh in on the color subject. | 我愿意谈有关颜色的这个话题 |
[10:34] | You have your priorities. Far be it for me to question them. | 你有你的先来后到 而我有提问题的权利 |
[10:37] | Just because I didn’t read it doesn’t mean I don’t care about Rory. | 就因为我没看那个 不意味着我不爱我女儿 |
[10:40] | – So are you going? – To what? | – 那你会去了? – 去哪儿 |
[10:42] | To Parents’ Day. | 去家长日 |
[10:43] | Can we talk about it next Friday when I’ve read the newsletter? | 等我看过了通知 下星期五再说 行吗? |
[10:46] | It’ll be more fun. | 那样更有意思 |
[10:47] | We could, except that Parents’ Day is next Wednesday. | 行 不过 家长日是下星期三 |
[10:50] | – Wednesday? – Yeah. | – 星期三? – 对 |
[10:52] | If you talked about it on Friday, you would’ve missed it. | 要是等星期五再谈 那你会错过的 |
[10:54] | – Wednesday? – It’s okay, you don’t have to be there. | – 星期三? – 没事 你不用去 |
[10:57] | – We could talk about how you missed it. – I won’t miss it. | – 我们可以谈谈你为什么会错过 – 我不会错过的 |
[11:00] | Mom, it’s not a big deal. You’re busy. | 妈妈 没什么大不了的 你很忙 |
[11:02] | – You know what? I’ll go. – What? | – 知道吗?我去 – 什么 |
[11:05] | Why not? You have to work. I, as you have insinuated, have no life. | 为什么不? 你得工作 我嘛 象你暗示的 没有充实的生活 |
[11:09] | Therefore, I will go sit with Rory at Parents’ Day. | 所以 我会去家长日和Rory坐在一起 |
[11:11] | I’m not busy. I’m going. I will be there. That’s it. End of story, okay? | 我不忙 我会去 就这样 问题解决了 好吧? |
[11:16] | – Fine. – Fine. | – 好 – 很好 |
[11:19] | Did you read on Page 2 about the mother-daughter talent show? | 你看到第2页上写着关于母女才艺表演了吗? |
[11:25] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[11:28] | Mom, I have to go. It’s almost 8:00. | 妈 我要走了 马上8点了 |
[11:31] | Wait. Have you seen my orange suede hairclip thingy? | 等等 你看到我橙色的山羊皮发夹没有? |
[11:34] | – Top right-hand drawer. – It’s not there. | – 右手最上面的抽屉 – 没有 |
[11:38] | – Did you check in your purse? – Yes. | – 看了你的包没? – 看了 |
[11:40] | – Under your scarves? – Yes. | – 丝巾下面呢? – 也看过了 |
[11:42] | In your sock drawer? | 放袜子的抽屉呢? |
[11:47] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:48] | – I’m gone. – Bye. | – 我走了 – 拜 |
[11:51] | – Wait! – What? | – 等等 – 怎么了? |
[11:53] | – Blue disco sequin bag. – No. | – 蓝色的Disco亮片包 – 不要 |
[11:55] | – Why? – Bad. | – 为什么? – 不好 |
[11:57] | – Really? – Bye. | – 真的吗? – 拜 |
[11:59] | – Wait! – Mr. Medina’s gonna be here any minute! | – 等等 – Medina先生说不定马上就来了 |
[12:03] | Just tell me one more thing. Where’s the silver dangly bracelet? | 再告诉我一件事 那个银手镯在哪儿? |
[12:06] | – I’m wearing it. – Why are you wearing it? | – 我戴着呢 – 为什么你戴着 |
[12:08] | – Because it’s mine. – Right. | – 因为是我的 – 也对 |
[12:11] | Can I borrow your silver dangly bracelet? | 能把你的银手镯借给我吗? |
[12:13] | – I’ll leave it on the table. – Thank you. | – 我给你放到桌子上 – 谢谢 |
[12:19] | – What was that? – The doorbell rang. | – 那是什么? – 门铃响了 |
[12:22] | – Why did the doorbell ring? – Because someone’s at the door. | – 为什么门铃响 – 因为有人在门口 |
[12:25] | It’s 8:00. Who shows up at 8:00 for an 8:00 date? | 现在8点 谁会8点钟就来赴8点钟的约会 |
[12:28] | I don’t know. Maybe a Chilton teacher? | 不知道 也许Chilton学校的老师会这样? |
[12:30] | Everyone knows that 8:00 means 8:15 tops! | 人人都知道8点的意思是8点15! |
[12:32] | Obviously, he was raised in a barn. | 显然 他是乡下长大的 |
[12:34] | He’s cute, but his punctuality knocks 10 points off the dream guy quotient. | 他很可爱 但他这么准时 按白马王子的标准 得扣掉10分 |
[12:38] | What do I do? I’m not supposed to be here. | 我怎么办? 我不应该在这里的 |
[12:40] | Okay, so go. | 好吧 那你走吧 |
[12:41] | Wait, you have to get the door. | 等等 你得开一下门 |
[12:43] | – What? – Because I’m not ready. | – 什么? – 因为我还没好 |
[12:45] | I’m not supposed to get the door. We agreed. | 不应该由我开门的 我们说好了的 |
[12:47] | – I don’t get the door when you have a date. – I know… | – 你约会的时候我不帮你开门 – 我知道 |
[12:50] | I shouldn’t be here. First rule of the Gilmore Dating Handbook. | 我不该在这里 这是Gilmore约会手册的第一条 |
[12:53] | ‘Daughter shall be nowhere near house when said man materializes. ‘ | 约会的对象来时女儿不应该在家 |
[12:56] | It’s a good rule. It’s been working. | 这个规定很好 已经有用了 |
[12:58] | He’s standing there, it’s cold… | 他站在那儿 外面很冷 |
[13:00] | and my slip is now completely stuck in my skirt zipper. | 我的内裤又被裙子拉链卡住了 |
[13:03] | Just this once. | 就这一次 |
[13:12] | – Hi. – Rory. | – 嗨 – Rory |
[13:14] | – Come on in. – Thank you. | – 进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[13:21] | Can I get you something? We don’t really have anything… | 给你来点什么吧 不过也没什么东西 |
[13:23] | but if you wanted something and we had it, I’d get it for you. | 但你要是想要点什么 我们有的话 我帮你拿点 |
[13:26] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[13:28] | – We have water. – That’s okay. | – 有水 – 可以 |
[13:30] | It’s not bad water, actually. It’s not a funny color or anything. | 上水也没坏 实际上 没变色或者怎样 |
[13:33] | I’m good, really. | 不用了 真的 |
[13:37] | – We have bottled water. – No, thanks. | – 有瓶装水 – 不用 谢谢 |
[13:39] | – One bottle, actually. – It’s quite all right. | – 实际上 就一瓶 – 真的没事 |
[13:42] | We really need to go to the store. | 我们真应该去商店了 |
[13:48] | – Should we… – Sit? Right. Yeah, let’s sit. | – 能不能 – 坐下? 对啊 好 我们坐吧 |
[13:54] | So, what are your plans tonight? | 那 你今晚做些什么? |
[13:56] | – I’m going over to my friend Lane’s house. – Sounds good. | – 我去朋友Lane的家里 – 不错 |
[14:00] | – And you guys are… – Dinner, movies, the usual. | – 你们俩 – 晚饭 电影 老样子 |
[14:03] | Right. | 哦 |
[14:13] | – This is a little uncomfortable. – Yes, it is. | – 有点尴尬 – 是 有点 |
[14:16] | But the thing is, if things go well, the way I hope they’re going… | 但事实上 要是顺利的话 象我希望的那样 |
[14:20] | we might be doing this again. | 我们可能会再碰到这样的情况 |
[14:21] | Sitting uncomfortably? | 尴尬地坐着? |
[14:24] | Seeing each other outside of school. | 在校外见面 |
[14:26] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[14:28] | I am fine with this whole you and my mom thing. | 你和我妈妈的事对我来说没什么 |
[14:30] | Good. I’m glad. | 很好 我很开心 |
[14:34] | I better go. | 我该走了 |
[14:35] | – It was good to talk to you. – You, too, Mr. Medina. | – 和你说话很开心 – 我也是 Medina先生 |
[14:39] | Why don’t you call me Max? Just when we’re out of school. | 干吗不叫我Max? 不在学校的时候 |
[14:42] | – I don’t think I can do that. – Why not? | – 我觉得我不能 – 为什么? |
[14:45] | It just sounds wrong. Disrespectful. | 就是感觉不对 不尊重 |
[14:48] | I mean, you’re my teacher, Mr. Medina, and if I start thinking of you as a Max… | 我意思是 你是我老师 Medina先生 要是我把你当成Max |
[14:52] | even as a part-time Max, it just seems like it’ll get too confusing. | 即使是课余时间这样叫 那会让我自己糊涂的 |
[14:56] | How about this, then? We’ll come up with non-Chilton names for each other. | 那这样吧 我们互相不要用学校里的称呼了 |
[15:00] | When we’re not in school, I’ll call you Rebecca. | 不在学校时 我叫你Rebecca |
[15:03] | – Rebecca. – And you’ll call me? | – Rebecca – 你叫我 |
[15:06] | – Norman? – Norman? | – Norman? – Norman? |
[15:08] | – I look like a Norman to you? – I’m sorry. | – 你觉得我象Norman? – 对不起 |
[15:11] | Psycho was on earlier, and it was just the first name that came to mind. | “Psycho”之前在上映 首先想起来的就是这个 |
[15:14] | I’ll think of something else. | 我再想想别的 |
[15:16] | – How about Alfred? – You know what? Norman’s fine. | – Alfred怎么样? – 知道吗?叫我 Norman就行了 |
[15:19] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[15:20] | Positive. I love it. I might make a legal change. | 对 我喜欢 说不定我干脆把名字改了 |
[15:23] | Okay. I better go. | 好了 我该走了 |
[15:25] | – I hope you and Lane have a good time. – Thanks. | – 祝你和Lane玩得开心 – 谢谢 |
[15:30] | – Would you give this to my mom for me? – Absolutely. | – 可以把这个给我妈妈吗? – 当然 |
[15:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:35] | Norman? Have her home by 10:00. | Norman 10点钟前送她回家 |
[15:44] | I can’t believe you won’t just sell them to me. | 真不敢相信 你竟然不把这个卖给我 |
[15:46] | And I can’t believe you’re being so small-minded. | 我不敢相信你这么小气 |
[15:48] | My stuffed fried squash blossoms are extremely popular with customers. | 客人很喜欢带馅的油炸南瓜花 |
[15:52] | Yes, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[15:53] | People come from all over and demand them. | 很多人都是冲着这个远道而来的 |
[15:56] | – That is exactly my point. – ‘What’ll you have, sir?’ | – 我想说的就是这个 – 你想要什么 先生? |
[15:58] | ‘Anything that comes with stuffed fried squash blossoms. ‘ | 只要能和这带馅的油炸南瓜花一起吃 随便什么都行 |
[16:01] | That’s what I hear day in day out. | 我每天听到的都是这个 |
[16:04] | Yes, great. I know. | 对 很好 我知道 |
[16:05] | But all I’m asking you is to try stuffing something different this time. | 但我只想让你这次弄点别的东西 |
[16:09] | – A zucchini tush? – Just a temporary name. | – zucchini tush(夏季产南瓜之一)? – 只是暂时的名字 |
[16:11] | You want me to serve a genetically engineered vegetable named after a butt? | 你想让我上一道用屁股命名的转基因菜? |
[16:16] | This is an all-natural vegetable hybrid… | 这是很天然的杂交蔬菜 |
[16:18] | that is perfectly safe, completely delicious, and… | 很安全 很好吃 而且 |
[16:21] | Yes, it looks a little odd, but you can put it on the map! | 是 样子是有点怪 但你可以把它放到地图上啊 |
[16:24] | – I want the blossoms. – Fine. | – 我想要南瓜花 – 好吧 |
[16:26] | You wanna think small, think small. I’m done. | 你喜欢小心眼就 小心眼吧 我不说了 |
[16:33] | – Jackson invented a new vegetable again? – Yeah. | – Jackson又发明了一种新的蔬菜? – 对 |
[16:36] | It’s too bad Bowling League didn’t work out for him. | 他在保龄球队没干成 真是遗憾 |
[16:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:41] | – Look, I found them. – Where? | – 看 我找到了 – 哪儿找到的? |
[16:42] | They were in the drawer with the roasting pans. | 在抽屉里和锅放在一起 |
[16:45] | – Cool. – Skates. | – 酷 – 冰鞋 |
[16:46] | Rory and I have a skating date. | Rory和我要去滑冰 |
[16:47] | – I’m Nancy Kerrigan. – And I’m Tonya Harding. | – 我是Nancy Kerrigan(美国著名滑冰运动员) – 我是Tonya Harding(同上) |
[16:49] | I’ll do the whole shoelace-coming-untied… | 我一定会发生状况 比如鞋带松了 |
[16:51] | nervous-breakdown-let-me-start-again act and everything. | 我很紧张让我重来 等等等等 |
[16:55] | When was the last time you put those things on? | 你上次穿那些东西是什么时候? |
[16:58] | – You are constantly trying to ruin my fun. – Do they even fit anymore? | – 你总是要扫我的兴 – 你还能穿得上吗? |
[17:01] | – Yes, they fit. – They look rusted. | – 对 很合适 – 鞋子都生绣了 |
[17:03] | Can I just have some coffee, please? | 给我来点咖啡,行吗? |
[17:06] | – Hand them over. – Why? | – 拿过来 – 为什么? |
[17:08] | I’m gonna clean them and tighten the blades. | 我要洗一下 再把刀片紧紧 |
[17:10] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的? – 是 |
[17:12] | – Can you make them really shiny? – The skates, please. | – 你能弄得很亮吗? – 把冰鞋给我 |
[17:14] | – Maybe add a few pompoms? – Hand them over. | – 再加对高射炮在上面? – 拿过来 |
[17:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:18] | – You get really good service here. – Yeah, I do. | – 这里给你提供的服务真不错吧 – 是啊 |
[17:22] | – Gotta go. – Anything wrong? | – 要走了 – 怎么了? |
[17:24] | – Too much yeast, too little bowl. – Enough said. | – 酵母太多 碗太小 – 知道了 |
[17:28] | I think I’m gonna go for it and wear the fur-trimmed skating skirt… | 我想我会去的 还穿着带羽毛边的滑冰短裙 |
[17:31] | pride be damned. | 去它的骄傲吧 |
[17:33] | What if we invite Max to go skating with us? | 我们邀请Max一起滑冰怎么样 |
[17:35] | – Max? – Yeah, I thought he’d wanna go. | – Max? – 对啊 我觉得他会想去的 |
[17:38] | When did you start calling him Max? | 你什么时候开始叫他Max的? |
[17:40] | The other night, he said I should call him something other than Mr. Medina… | 那天晚上 他说在校外不要叫他Medina先生 叫别的 |
[17:43] | when we’re outside school, which makes sense. | 听起来不错 |
[17:46] | So I’m getting used to saying Max. | 所以 我会叫他Max |
[17:48] | You don’t see him that much outside school. | 你在校外又不会常见到他 |
[17:50] | No, but I probably will, since you guys are obsessed with each other. | 是不会 但可能会啊 因为你俩对彼此很着迷啊 |
[17:54] | – I wouldn’t say obsessed. – No, it’s okay. | – 我觉得不是着迷吧 – 没什么 |
[17:57] | Of all the guys to have hanging around, he seems like a good choice. | 所有和你在一起过的人中 他还象是个不错的选择 |
[18:00] | – I like him. – That’s good. | – 我喜欢他 – 很好 |
[18:03] | – So what do you think about the skating? – What? | – 那你觉得一起滑冰怎样嘛? – 什么? |
[18:06] | Mr. Medina. I’m sorry, Max. | 和Medina先生一起滑冰啊 不好意思 是Max |
[18:09] | – Do you think he’d wanna go? – I don’t think he skates. | – 你觉得他会想去吗? – 我想他不滑冰吧 |
[18:12] | Maybe we could do something else together. | 也许我们可以一起玩些别的 |
[18:14] | Yeah, good. | 嗯 不错 |
[18:16] | Something else is good. I love something else. | 别的不错 我喜欢别的 |
[18:22] | Okay, the tea is ready. | 好了 茶好了 |
[18:27] | – How are the feet? – I don’t know. | – 脚怎么样? – 不知道 |
[18:29] | – They stopped talking to me. – What on earth were you thinking? | – 他们不和我说话了 – 你到底在想些什么呢? |
[18:33] | – That I could still skate. – It’s not like riding a bike. | – 我在想我还会滑冰 – 滑冰不是骑自行车 |
[18:35] | – Now you tell me. – So, what are you up to tonight? | – 那你告诉我 – 你今晚干吗呢? |
[18:40] | I’m gonna do a little line dancing, then run 10 km… | 跳跳排舞 再跑上10公里 |
[18:44] | and then just jump up and down really hard for an hour. | 然后使劲地上下跳上一个小时 |
[18:47] | No Max? Taking the night off? | Max呢 今晚不和他一起? |
[18:49] | – I don’t see him every night. – He seems like a great guy. | – 我又不是每天晚上都和他见面 – 他似乎很不错 |
[18:52] | – He is. – That didn’t sound convincing. | – 是很不错 – 听起来不那么确定嘛 |
[18:54] | No, he is. He is a great guy for someone. | 没有 他是不错 对有的人来说他很不错 |
[18:58] | – For someone? – Yes. | – 对有些人? – 对 |
[19:00] | – Someone else? – Yes. | – 别的人? – 嗯 |
[19:01] | Someone who’s not you, although you’re the person spending every hour with him? | 这人不是你 虽然是你每时每刻和他在一起? |
[19:06] | Right. | 对 |
[19:08] | – How long have you been dating? – Why? | – 你俩约会多长时间了? – 干吗? |
[19:11] | – Two months you’ve been seeing him? – Point, Sookie. | – 有两个月了吧? – 重点 Sookie |
[19:14] | – You’re just right on schedule, that’s all. – I have no idea what you’re talking about. | – 进展顺利 就这样 – 我不知道你在说些什么 |
[19:18] | About now is when you start doing your getaway dance. | 我是说你现在该跳{“逃跑的舞步”了 |
[19:20] | Two months, right on the nose. You’re good. | 两个月 正好 你真棒 |
[19:23] | – I do not do a dance. – You’re cha-cha-chaing right now. | – 我不会跳舞 – 你现在就在跳恰恰舞 |
[19:25] | I’m not cha-cha-chaing. I’m being practical. | 我没有 我只不过实际点而已 |
[19:28] | Rory is starting to get attached to Max, and that’s not good. | Rory开始喜欢上Max了 这不好 |
[19:32] | – Rory’s getting attached to Max? – Yes. | – Rory开始喜欢上Max了? – 对 |
[19:35] | And since I’ve decided that Max is probably not the guy for me… | 因为我觉得Max可能不是适合我的人 |
[19:39] | I think it’s better that we break it off before she gets hurt. | 所以我觉得应该分手 免得Rory收到伤害 |
[19:42] | – Practical. – Yes. | – 很实际 – 对 |
[19:44] | – Can I say something here? – Of course you can. | – 我能说一句吗? – 当然可以了 |
[19:46] | – Cha-cha-cha. – Stop that. | – 恰恰恰 – 够了 |
[19:53] | You will not stand there singing Ricky Martin songs to me. | 不要站在那儿对我唱里奇・马丁的歌 |
[19:56] | This is not a pattern, okay? | 这不是固定的模式 |
[19:57] | I’m not doing what I always do. This is not the same. | 我不会再按照往常那样了 这次不一样 |
[20:01] | Actually, you’re right. | 事实上 你很对 |
[20:02] | Usually you don’t get so upset and defensive during the cha-cha talk. | 通常谈论恰恰舞时 你不会这么心烦意乱 急于辩解 |
[20:07] | You must really like this guy. | 你一定很喜欢这个人 |
[20:09] | When did you become the relationship expert? | 你什么时候成了恋爱专家了? |
[20:11] | You haven’t been in a relationship in years. | 你已经几年没谈过恋爱了 |
[20:16] | – Zero to jackass in 3.2 seconds. – That’s all right. Your feet hurt. | – 3.2秒内就变成了混蛋 – 没什么 你脚伤了 |
[20:20] | No, it isn’t. It is never ever okay for me to talk to you like that. | 不 不是的 我这样说你 是绝对不应该的 |
[20:24] | I’m so sorry. Please, honey. | 我很抱歉 拜托 亲爱的 |
[20:27] | I understand. Really. | 我理解 真的 |
[20:29] | – It’s not like I don’t want a relationship. – I know. | – 不是我不想恋爱 – 我知道 |
[20:33] | I didn’t mean anything by it. | 我没别的意思 |
[20:34] | It’s hard with my hours. | 我没时间 |
[20:36] | I’m always at the Inn, the market or the hospital. | 总是在旅馆 市场 或者是医院 |
[20:39] | Please, forgive me. | 求你了 原谅我 |
[20:42] | Do you wanna sing some more Ricky Martin to me? | 你想再唱点里奇・马丁的歌吗? |
[20:46] | – No. – You can. | – 不想 – 你可以 |
[20:49] | I deserve it. | 我活该 |
[21:04] | I heard Paris’ dad has actually got a second family in Paris. | 我听说Paris的爸爸在巴黎有了新家 |
[21:12] | I enjoyed your paper on Dickinson. | 你关于Dickinson的论文写得不错 |
[21:14] | – I had fun writing it. – It showed. | – 我挺喜欢写这个的 – 看得出来 |
[21:16] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[21:19] | – Rory? – Yeah? | – Rory? – 嗯? |
[21:23] | No, that’s it. That’s all I wanted to say. | 不 没了 我要说的就这么多 |
[21:27] | – My name? – Yes. | – 就叫一下我的名字? – 对 |
[21:29] | – Okay. – Actually I just wanted to see… | – 好吧 – 实际 我只是想知道 |
[21:34] | if your mom is coming to Parents’ Day. | 你妈妈家长日会不会来 |
[21:38] | Because I’m just trying to get an accurate number of parents… | 因为我想算算到底有多少父母 |
[21:43] | who are coming… | 会来参加 |
[21:44] | for the cookie count. | 好准备小点心 |
[21:49] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[21:50] | – She’s coming. – I hadn’t heard from her in a while… | – 她要来 – 我已经几天没联系到她了 |
[21:53] | – She’ll be here. – Okay, good. | – 她会来的 – 好的 很好 |
[21:58] | But you should put us down for four. | 但你应给我们留4个 |
[22:01] | – Four what? – Four cookies. | – 4个什么? – 4个饼干 |
[22:04] | Okay, good. I will. | 好的 好 我会的 |
[22:08] | Bye. | 拜 |
[22:15] | Four slices, pepperoni pizza. | 4片 意大利辣香肠皮萨饼 |
[22:17] | – From? – Tuesday. | – 什么时候的? – 星期二 |
[22:19] | – Last Tuesday? – Tuesday in the not-too-distant past. | – 上个星期二? – 不太久 |
[22:22] | Toss it. | 扔了 |
[22:26] | You remember Paris Geller? | 你记得Paris Geller吗? |
[22:28] | Your very best friend in the whole world? | 你世界上最好的朋友? |
[22:30] | – Her parents are getting a major divorce. – Really? | – 她父母正大闹离婚 – 真的? |
[22:33] | Her dad’s this bigwig at a huge pharmaceutical company… | 她爸爸是一个大制药公司的大人物 |
[22:36] | and they’re printing all the sordid details about it in the paper. | 所有乱七八糟的细节都登在了报纸上 |
[22:39] | – How sordid? – It’s not the Rick James incident… | – 有多糟糕? – 与Rick James吸毒相比 这可不是什么小事 |
[22:42] | but Hugh Grant should be feeling pretty good about himself. | 但与休・格兰特的召妓丑闻相比 就不是什么大事了 |
[22:44] | If she was anybody else, I might feel bad for her. | 要是别人 我会同情的 |
[22:47] | I kind of do feel bad for her. | 其实 我挺同情她的 |
[22:49] | That’s because you’re the nicest kid ever to walk the earth. | 因为你是地球上最善良的女孩 |
[22:52] | The whole school’s talking about it. | 整个学校都在谈论这件事 |
[22:54] | The weird thing is that the whole dynamic has changed for me. | 奇怪的是 大家好象对我不一样了 |
[22:57] | Really? How so? | 真的吗?怎么会这样? |
[22:59] | Madeline and Louise, Paris’ best friends… | Madeline and Louise是Paris最好的朋友 |
[23:02] | they said hello to me the other day. | 她俩前几天还跟我打招呼了 |
[23:05] | Really? Like a normal hello, not like a ‘Here’s Johnny’ kind of hello? | 真的吗?普通的打招呼 不是示威式的? |
[23:08] | Normal, friendly, no acts. | 普通的 挺友好的 没什么诡计 |
[23:11] | – You’re the new Heather. – I guess. | – 你现在成了Heather(著名演员)啦 – 可能 |
[23:17] | This is the pizza from mystery Tuesday. | 这是上个星期二的皮萨 |
[23:20] | That one’s completely fine. | 刚才那个是好的 |
[23:23] | – Don’t. – It’s in the box. | – 不要 – 在盒子里的 |
[23:24] | – Oscar – Felix – Oscar. – Felix. | |
[23:25] | – Forget it. – Fine. | – 不要了 – 好吧 |
[23:29] | – So, how’s Swann’s Way coming? – Finished. | – 对了 Swann之路看得怎么样了? – 看完了 |
[23:32] | You’re kidding. It took me forever to read that. | 开玩笑 我看了好久才看完 |
[23:35] | I had to renew it 10 times. | 我不得不重看10次 |
[23:36] | The first sentence. I finished the first sentence. | 第一句 我看完了第一句 |
[23:38] | It’s just… I’m so swamped right now. | 只是 我实在看不下去了 |
[23:41] | It’s the wrong time to start reading the longest book known to man. | 现在这时候不是用来看书的 应该是去了解男人的 |
[23:45] | Maybe you could give it back to Max for me. | 要不你可以帮我还给Max |
[23:47] | Bring it with you tomorrow. | 你自己明天带去好了 |
[23:48] | – Tomorrow? – Parents’ Day. | – 明天? – 家长日 |
[23:50] | I know. I’m not sure I’m gonna be able to make it. | 我知道 我不知道能不能去 |
[23:53] | – What do you mean? – I have that thing at the Inn… | – 你什么意思? – 我旅馆里有事 |
[23:56] | and I thought I could get away, but now I can’t. | 我以为走得开 但现在看来不行 |
[23:58] | – What thing? – The Inn thing. | – 什么事? – 旅馆的事 |
[24:00] | – What Inn thing? – You know. | – 旅馆的什么事? – 你知道的 |
[24:02] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[24:03] | The thing at the Inn with the flags and the little men and the peanuts. | 旅馆里那些旗子啊 小人啊 还有花生这些事 |
[24:08] | Little men? | 小人? |
[24:09] | Forget it. It’s not important. I just don’t think I can go. | 算了 这些不重要 我觉得我去不了 |
[24:12] | Okay, fine. | 好 好吧 |
[24:14] | So if you could give this book back to Max tomorrow that would be great. | 那你明天能把这本书还给Max吗? 这样的话就太好了 |
[24:19] | Give it back the next time you see him. | 下次你见到他时给他好了 |
[24:20] | I’m not sure when that will be, and he should have his book. | 我不知道什么时候会再见到他 但他的书应该还给他 |
[24:23] | – You see him all the time. – Could you just give it back to him? | – 你不一直都和他一起吗 – 就帮我还给他 好吗? |
[24:28] | – Are you breaking up with him? – What are you talking about? | – 你要和他分手? – 你说什么呢? |
[24:31] | He hasn’t heard from you, and you’re asking me to return the book. | 他说几天没见到你了 而你要我还书 |
[24:35] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[24:36] | He wanted to know if you were going to Parents’ Day… | 他问你会不会参加家长日 |
[24:39] | and then he mentioned you guys hadn’t talked lately. | 然后他提起你俩最近都没见面 |
[24:41] | He shouldn’t be asking you about me. | 他不应该问你的 |
[24:43] | – Why are you breaking up with him? – Because it’s not working out. | – 你干吗要和他分手? – 因为不合适 |
[24:46] | – But you seem so happy. – It’s not right, that’s all. | – 但你很开心 – 就是不对劲 就这样 |
[24:49] | That’s why you’re not going tomorrow? | 所以你明天不去? |
[24:51] | No, I’m not going because of the thing at the Inn. | 不是 是因为旅馆有事 |
[24:54] | That’s crap and you know it. There is no thing at the Inn. | 都是胡扯 你自己知道 旅馆根本没事 |
[24:57] | You’re avoiding Mr. Medina, and you’re trying to lie to me… | 你在逃避Medina先生 你还想对我撒谎 |
[25:00] | and you promised you would go. | 而且你说过你要去了 |
[25:02] | Do whatever you want. I don’t care. Just leave me out of it. | 你想怎样就怎样不吧 我不在乎 别让我掺和就行了 |
[25:05] | And give him the book back yourself. | 自己把书还给他 |
[25:07] | Fine, I will. | 很好 我会的 |
[25:16] | – Not so fast. – The bell’s gonna ring. | – 不要走这么快嘛 – 上课铃要响了 |
[25:19] | Before you go one more step, tell me you still like me. | 先告诉我你还喜欢我再走 |
[25:21] | – You bug me. – I’ll take that as a yes. | – 你真烦 – 我就当是肯定的回答了 |
[25:23] | I will deal with my issues with Max myself. | 我会自己处理和Max的问题的 |
[25:26] | – Fine. – Really. | – 好啊 – 真的 |
[25:27] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[25:29] | So, where are we going? | 那 我们这是去哪儿? |
[25:30] | To my locker to drop off some of this stuff. | 去把这些东西放到我的柜子里 |
[25:32] | Great, let’s do it. | 很好 那去吧 |
[25:34] | – You can’t just leave now. – Paris, please. | – 你不能现在就走 – Paris 求你了 |
[25:37] | – At least come to my Lit. Class. – This place is giving me a headache. | – 至少到文学课上去一下 – 这地方让我头疼 |
[25:40] | – Is your face breaking out? – No. | – 你脸上长痘痘了? – 没有 |
[25:42] | You have not been using that cleanser. | 你没用那个洗脸的 |
[25:44] | Dr. Yanalari prescribed that cleanser for a reason: To cleanse. | Yanalari医生开那个洗脸的 就是让你用的 |
[25:47] | Just Lit. Class. | 就文学课 |
[25:49] | Paris, with everything I have going on right now… | Paris 我现在面对这么多事 |
[25:52] | the last thing I need to do is face people gossiping about me. | 最不想面对的就是见那些说我闲话的人了 |
[25:55] | See you later at home. Use that cover stick I got you. | 一会家里见 用我给你买的那个遮瑕膏 |
[26:03] | I bet I’m looking pretty good to you right now. | 我现在的样子还不错吧 |
[26:05] | Yes, you are. | 是 不错 |
[26:08] | What’s first? Wait, don’t tell me. | 首先干吗? 等等 不要告诉我 |
[26:10] | English Lit. With Mr. Max Medina. | Max Medina先生的英语文学课 |
[26:12] | – Okay, see, I told you not to tell me. – Sorry. | – 好 看 我说不要告诉我的嘛 – 对不起 |
[26:16] | – Mr. Medina’s class? – The fancy book owner himself. | – Medina先生的课? – 就是那本奇妙的书的主人 |
[26:19] | How does First Annual Mother-Daughter Ditch Day sound? | 来个母女一起翘课怎么样? |
[26:22] | – Not happening. – Yeah. | – 才不要 – 好吧 |
[26:23] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[26:25] | On Monday, we will start a two-week exercise in creative writing… | 星期一开始 我们会开始为期周的创造性写作的练习 |
[26:28] | but that doesn’t mean we stop reading. | 但不是说就不阅读了 |
[26:30] | One of the greatest inspirations… | 对写作的人来说最能激发灵感的源泉之一 |
[26:32] | for working writers is the writing of others that they admire. | 就是他们所欣赏的别的作家的作品 |
[26:35] | Walt Whitman read Homer, Dante, Shakespeare… | 惠特曼读荷马 但丁以及莎士比亚的作品 |
[26:38] | and the novelist Edna O’Brien has been quoted as saying… | 而小说家Edna O’Brien曾说 |
[26:41] | that every writer should read some Proust every day. | 每个作者每天都应该读点Proust的东西 |
[26:44] | Now, at this point, normally… | 那个时候 通常 |
[26:47] | I would impress the parents by pulling out a copy of Proust’s Swann’s Way… | 为给家长留下深刻印象 我都会抽出一本Proust的Swann之路 |
[26:52] | and reading a particularly difficult passage, but, alas, you’re all saved. | 读上特别难的一段 不过 啊 你们不用受罪了 |
[26:55] | I’ve misplaced my copy. | 我的那本书不知道放哪儿了 |
[26:58] | That does it. Parents, thank you for coming. | 家长们 谢谢你们来 |
[27:01] | Students, papers on Whitman are due tomorrow… | 同学们 关于惠特曼的论文明天交上来 |
[27:03] | and those of you who are just starting tonight… | 要是有的同学今天晚上才开始写 |
[27:05] | I’ll be able to tell. | 我可看得出来 |
[27:14] | You go on ahead, okay? I’m gonna talk to Max for a second. | 你先出去 好吗? 我和Max说会话 |
[27:17] | – Please be nice. – I will. | – 客气点 – 会的 |
[27:29] | – It’s nice to see you. – Yeah. | – 很高兴见到你 – 嗯 |
[27:32] | – I’ve been really busy. – Sure, I assumed. | – 我一直忙 – 当然 我猜也是 |
[27:36] | I wanted to give this back to you. | 我想把这个还给你 |
[27:40] | – Keep it. – I really liked it. | – 你留着好了 – 我很喜欢 |
[27:42] | I liked the first 20 pages, and then I got busy… | 我喜欢前20页 然后就忙起来了 |
[27:45] | and I can see you really need it, so… | 而且我看你挺需要这书的 所以 |
[27:47] | What’s going on, Lorelai? | 怎么了?Lorelai |
[27:49] | Nothing, I just don’t think a book… | 没什么 我只是觉得一本书 |
[27:52] | whose first sentence is 20 pages long is for me. | 第一句就有20页不适合我 |
[27:54] | – I left four messages. – I know. I’ve been meaning to call. | – 我留了四次言 – 我知道 我本来要回电话的 |
[27:57] | – What’s been keeping you? – I don’t know. | – 那为什么没回 – 不知道 |
[28:01] | Things. Sorry. | 一些事情 对不起 |
[28:04] | – Sorry? – That I didn’t call. | – 对不起? – 因为我没回电话 |
[28:10] | Here. | 给你 |
[28:11] | Why do you keep trying to give me the book? | 你为什么一直要把书塞给我? |
[28:13] | Because it’s yours. | 因为是你的 |
[28:14] | Is there something going on here that I don’t know about? | 是不是有什么事我不知道的? |
[28:17] | Yeah, I hate Proust. | 对 我讨厌Proust的书 |
[28:20] | Rory’s out there waiting for me so… | Rory在外面等我 所以 |
[28:24] | Wait a minute. Oh, my God. I cannot believe what an idiot I am. | 等等 哦 天啊 我真是个大傻瓜 |
[28:28] | – What? – You’re breaking up with me, aren’t you? | – 什么? – 你要和我分手 是吧 |
[28:31] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[28:32] | Not only are you breaking up with me, you’re doing it badly. | 你不但要和我分手 而且你的方式很糟糕 |
[28:35] | – Am I being graded? – I’m a little disappointed. | – 你在给我打分? – 我有点失望 |
[28:37] | I would’ve expected a better dumping from you. | 我本来以为你会有好一点的方式抛弃我呢 |
[28:39] | Nobody’s dumping anybody. | 没人抛弃谁 |
[28:41] | – Really? Then what is this? – I just need space. | – 是吗 那这是干吗? – 我只是需要距离 |
[28:44] | I don’t. | 我不需要 |
[28:46] | In fact, I want as little space as possible. | 实际上 我希望距离越近越好 |
[28:48] | A hundred clowns crammed into a Volkswagen. | 把100个小丑塞进一部大众车里 |
[28:51] | That’s the kind of non-space I’m talking about. | 这就是我所说的不要距离 |
[28:53] | It’s not working. | 只是不行 |
[28:54] | It was working pretty good the other night. | 上次那个晚上不是挺好的吗? |
[28:56] | It is what I’ve been trying to tell you all along. | 我一直都试着告诉你 |
[28:59] | This is a family, Rory and I. | 这是家庭的事 Rory和我 |
[29:01] | But you weren’t listening… | 你走进了我们的生活 但你不听 |
[29:03] | and now she’s getting attached, and I’m afraid she’s gonna get hurt. | 而现在她有点喜欢你了 我怕她受伤害 |
[29:06] | Your solution to all of this is not to return my calls? | 你的解决办法就是不回我电话? |
[29:09] | It just took me a while to figure things out… | 我只是需要时间想清楚 |
[29:11] | and it all came clear when I realized how much we could hurt Rory. | 当我意识到我们可能会带给Rory多大伤害时 我就明白应该这么做 |
[29:16] | Don’t you mean ‘How much we could hurt Lorelai’? | 你难道不是说 我们会带给Lorelai多少伤害吗 |
[29:19] | I can take care of myself. | 我能照顾自己 |
[29:21] | I don’t understand this. I thought we went through this. | 我不理解 我以为我们挺好的 |
[29:24] | We decided that Rory could handle it. | 我们本来认为Rory可以应付得了 |
[29:26] | Maybe she can and maybe she can’t, but I’m not ready to find out. | 也许她可以 也许不可以 但我没准备好面对这个结果 |
[29:30] | I won’t let you off that easily. | 我不会轻易放掉你的 |
[29:31] | There’s nothing you can do about it. | 你无能为力 |
[29:33] | – There has to be. – There isn’t. | – 一定有 – 没有 |
[29:34] | – There is. – No, there isn’t. | – 有 – 没有 |
[29:36] | – Yes, there is. – What are we, in high school? | – 有 – 我们这是怎么了? 还是高中生吗? |
[29:38] | I know we are in high school. | 我知道我们现在是在中学 |
[29:40] | This is so not you. | 这真不象你 |
[29:43] | – You don’t know everything about me. – I guess not. | – 你不完全了解我 – 我猜是这样 |
[29:46] | Because I would’ve thought that blaming this on Rory… | 因为我没想到你会把这些怪到Rory身上 |
[29:49] | and giving me these lame apologies was weak, pathetic, and beneath you. | 还有糟糕的道歉理由 真是软弱 可怜 不是你会做的事 |
[29:53] | Just take your damn book. | 把你的书拿着就行了 |
[29:55] | – You’ve missed me. – Stop it. | – 你想我了 – 不要说了 |
[29:57] | I know you did. You’re missing me right now, aren’t you? | 我知道你想我了 你现在就想我 不是吗? |
[30:00] | – Answer me. – Class is over. | – 回答我 – 下课了 |
[30:02] | We’re back in session. | 又上课了 |
[30:04] | I didn’t raise my hand, so don’t call on me! | 我没举手 所以不要叫我 |
[30:08] | I came here to give you this book back. Please take it. | 我是来还书的 求你了 拿着 |
[30:11] | I swear to God, if you try to give me that book one more time… | 我向上帝发誓 要是你再说把书还给我 |
[31:06] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[31:08] | Everyone’s just talking about the mom Mr. Medina was seen kissing just now. | 大家在谈论Medina先生 他刚才在和一个学生妈妈接吻 |
[31:12] | What? | 什么? |
[31:13] | And the weird thing is she looks a lot like your mom. | 而奇怪的是好象是你妈 |
[31:16] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[31:18] | Your mom, Mr. Medina, mouths open. I saw them. | 你妈妈 Medina先生 张着嘴 我看到的 |
[31:22] | How’s the coleslaw? Good? | 凉拌卷心菜怎样 好吃吗? |
[31:30] | Did you save me some Jell-O? What? | 你给我留了Jell-o果冻没?怎么了? |
[31:42] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[31:44] | Were you kissing him? | 你刚才吻他了? |
[31:46] | What? | 什么? |
[31:47] | Mr. Medina, just now. Were you kissing him? | Medina先生 刚才 你是不是吻他了? |
[31:50] | Yes. | 是 |
[31:51] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – I don’t know. | – 你到底是怎么了? – 不知道 |
[31:54] | – You said you were breaking up with him. – I was. | – 你说你要和他分手 – 我是要 |
[31:56] | I told you to be nice, but this was extreme, don’t you think? | 我跟你说客气点 但这也太过分了 你不觉得吗? |
[31:59] | It wasn’t supposed to happen. | 本来不是这样的 |
[32:02] | Paris saw you. It’s all over the school! | Paris看到你们了 全学校都知道了 |
[32:05] | Oh, God. I’m so sorry, I really am. | 哦 天啊 我真抱歉 真的 |
[32:09] | See, this is exactly why I didn’t wanna date him. | 看 这就是我不想和他约会的原因 |
[32:13] | So you wouldn’t come to my school and kiss him and humiliate me? | 那样你就不会到学校来 和他接吻 而让我难堪了? |
[32:17] | – Yes, that’s exactly it. – Why would you do this? | – 对 正是这样 – 你为什么要这样做? |
[32:20] | Because I’m human. Because I screwed up. I’m sorry. | 因为我是人 因为我感觉糟透了 对不起 |
[32:23] | If you like him so much, why are you breaking up with him? | 你要这么喜欢他 为什么要和他分手? |
[32:26] | I broke the rules when I brought him into our lives… | 我破坏了规则 当我让他闯入我们的生活 |
[32:29] | and I realize now that that was a very bad idea. | 我意识到这样很不好 |
[32:31] | But why? | 为什么? |
[32:33] | Because we are standing in this stairwell yelling at each other, that’s why. | 因为我们现在站在这楼梯上 互相大叫 这就是原因 |
[32:36] | Because it’s affecting you. It’s seeping into your life. | 因为会影响你 已经侵入了你的生活 |
[32:39] | That is the whole reason I made the rules in the first place. To protect you. | 这就是我当初订那些规则的原因 为了保护你 |
[32:43] | Maybe it was good that you hid your personal life when I was a kid… | 我小的时候 你不让我知道你的事情也许是好的 |
[32:47] | but I’m not a kid anymore. | 但我已经不是小孩子了 |
[32:48] | No, you’re right. You’re a 40-year-old divorcee. My mistake. | 你说的对 你是40岁的离婚女人 都是我的错 |
[32:51] | – I can’t believe you’re blaming this on me! – I’m not blaming you! | – 真不敢相信你竟然怪我 – 我不是怪你 |
[32:54] | You made up these stupid rules… | 你订了那些愚蠢的规则 |
[32:56] | about the way the Gilmore women would run their lives. | 规定Gilmore家的女人应该怎样生活 |
[32:58] | Now you’re following them even though they’re crazy. | 现在你还遵守这些规则 就算这些规则很荒唐 |
[33:01] | My crazy, stupid rules are the reason we are doing so good in our lives! | 我订这些荒唐愚蠢的规则 所以我们生活得这么好 |
[33:05] | They’re the reason you grew up the way you did… | 所以你能这样成长 |
[33:07] | the reason you’re in this school… | 所以你在这里上学 |
[33:09] | and the reason you’re going to go to Harvard. | 所以你将来会上哈佛 |
[33:11] | – So don’t you dismiss my rules! – Fine. Great. | – 因此 不要破坏我的规则 – 好 很好 |
[33:14] | Maybe it’s time for the rules to change. | 也许 这些规则应该改改了 |
[33:16] | That is for me to figure out, not you! | 这是我要想的事 不用你操心 |
[33:19] | Great. Fine. | 很好 好啊 |
[33:21] | Could you figure it out before French class? | 你能在法语课之前想好吗? |
[33:23] | I’d rather you didn’t start making out with Mrs. Collins. | 我不希望你和Collins夫人亲热 |
[33:25] | No promises until I see what she looks like. | 现在不答应 等我看到她长什么样再说 |
[33:30] | Let’s refrain from fighting in front of the grandma. | 在姥姥面前我们不要吵了 |
[33:34] | Fine with me. | 我没事 |
[33:35] | The last thing I need tonight is a confrontation with my mother. | 我今晚最不愿意做的事就是面对我妈 |
[33:42] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 妈 |
[33:44] | Boy, the roads were a mess out there tonight. | 天啊 今晚外面路上真是一团糟 |
[33:49] | – Rory, go upstairs please. – Is everything okay? | – Rory 上楼去 – 没事吧? |
[33:52] | I have to talk to your mother. Please go upstairs. | 我要和你妈谈谈 上楼去 |
[33:55] | Now, Rory. | 快 Rory |
[34:02] | Lorelai, come here. | Lorelai 过来 |
[34:05] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做了什么错事? |
[34:07] | I try to understand you. I truly do. | 我努力理解你 真的 |
[34:10] | But sometimes your behavior baffles me beyond belief. | 但你有时的行为真让我无法相信 |
[34:13] | – Which behavior is this? – Do you have no shame? | – 什么行为? – 你不害羞吗? |
[34:16] | Is that a rhetorical question? | 这是反问句吗? |
[34:18] | Rory goes to school in that place. She has a reputation to protect. | Rory在那上学 她的名誉很重要 |
[34:22] | – You’re her mother. – How did you… | – 你是她母亲 – 你怎么 |
[34:23] | You’re supposed to shield her from shame, not cause it. | 你应该保护她 而不是相反 |
[34:26] | How, Mom? | 怎样 妈? |
[34:27] | Kissing a teacher, in a classroom, on Parents’ Day? | 和老师接吻 在教室 家长日的时候? |
[34:31] | They wanted us to get more involved with the school. | 他们说我们应该多和学校联系 |
[34:34] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗? |
[34:35] | No, but you are if you think I am discussing this with you. | 我没有 但你要是以为我会和你讨论这个 你才是疯了 |
[34:38] | – When I heard I almost fainted. – How did you hear? | – 我听说这事的时候 差点昏过去 – 你怎么听说的? |
[34:42] | I have friends. Headmaster Charleston’s wife for one. | 我有朋友的 Charleston校长的妻子就是其中之一 |
[34:45] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[34:47] | The entire school is talking about it. And what do I say? How do I defend this? | 全校都在谈论这事 我该说什么? 我怎么辩解? |
[34:51] | – It was a mistake. – A mistake? | – 那是个错误 – 错误? |
[34:53] | Is that what you call it? | 你把这称为错误? |
[34:55] | I tried to call it Al, but it would only answer to mistake. | 我想把这称为事故 但只能说是错误 |
[34:58] | A mistake is when you throw out your credit card bill. | 错误指的是你扔了信用卡帐单 |
[35:01] | A mistake is when you forget to RSVP to a dinner party. | 错误是指要参加宴会 却忘了向主人确认你接受邀请 |
[35:03] | A mistake is when the gardeners miss trash day… | 错误是指园丁忘了清理垃圾的日子 |
[35:06] | and the barrels are full for a week. This, my girl, was not a mistake. | 而垃圾桶已经一个星期没倒了 这件事 亲爱的 不是错误 |
[35:09] | – Do you even know this man? – No, this is the first time I’d seen him… | – 你到底认识这个男的不? – 不认识 这是我第一次见到他 |
[35:13] | there was just something about the way he held the chalk… | 就因为他拿粉笔的样子有点 |
[35:15] | This is not the time for your jokes. | 现在不是开玩笑的时候 |
[35:17] | Yes, I knew him. I’ve been dating him. | 是 我认识他 我在和他约会 |
[35:20] | Why on earth would you date Rory’s teacher? | 你为什么要和Rory的老师约会 |
[35:22] | – That is none of your business. – It most certainly is. | – 不关你的事 – 当然关我的事 |
[35:24] | How do you figure that? | 为什么? |
[35:25] | When it affects my granddaughter it is my business. | 只要影响我的外孙女 就关我的事 |
[35:28] | I don’t wanna talk about this with you. | 我不想和你说这个 |
[35:31] | I just wanna know what you were thinking. | 我想知道你想些什么? |
[35:33] | What was the reasoning? How on earth did you justify it to yourself? | 什么原因 你自己是怎么想的? |
[35:37] | Max is a great guy. | Max很不错 |
[35:40] | An amazing guy. | 很特别 |
[35:42] | He’s smart. He’s sweet. | 他聪明 可爱 |
[35:47] | He cooks. | 他会做饭 |
[35:48] | So you decided to kiss him in your daughter’s school. | 所以你就在女儿的学校和他接吻 |
[35:51] | No, I decided to break up with him in my daughter’s school… | 不是 我准备在女儿的学校和他分手 |
[35:54] | and the kissing part just happened. | 但就这么发生了 |
[35:56] | You always let your emotions get in the way. | 你总是让你的感情冲昏头脑 |
[35:59] | That’s the problem with you, Lorelai. You don’t think. | 这是你的问题 Lorelai 你不思考 |
[36:02] | Mom, please. | 妈 求你了 |
[36:04] | – He’s just a man, Lorelai. – No, he’s not. | – 他只是个男人而已 – 不 他不是 |
[36:07] | Are you telling me this was all worth it because he was the love of your life? | 你是说他是你一生的爱 所以这些都值得? |
[36:11] | That this was the man for you? | 这就是你要找的人? |
[36:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:16] | He might have been. | 本来可能会是 |
[36:19] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[36:27] | I told you he wouldn’t date a teacher. | 我告诉过你他不会和老师约会的 |
[36:30] | I wish my mom would sleep with my teacher. | 我希望我妈会和老师睡觉 |
[36:32] | It would make midterms a lot easier. | 这样期中考试就会容易得多 |
[36:35] | Madeline, Louise, excuse us for a minute. | Madeline Louise请让我们单独呆一会 |
[36:37] | – Catfight. – Go! | – 吵架吗 – 开始 |
[36:42] | You’re not going to kiss me, are you? | 你不会吻我吧 |
[36:44] | – What is wrong with you? – Nothing, I’m great. | – 你是怎么了? – 没事 我很好 |
[36:46] | You’ve spent the past two weeks… | 你这两个星期 |
[36:48] | with your family’s private problems printed in the newspaper… | 报纸上到处都是有关你家庭的隐私 |
[36:51] | for everyone to read and talk about. | 每个人都看到 都在谈论 |
[36:53] | I saw how you walked around here. I saw how much you hated it… | 我看到你是怎样面对的 我知道你有多憎恨这个 |
[36:56] | and then you pull something like this? | 而现在你就这样做? |
[36:59] | Doesn’t that seem crazy to you? | 难道你不觉得很恶心吗? |
[37:00] | Do you have any idea how many people you’ve hurt? | 你知不知道你伤害了多少人? |
[37:03] | Forget me and my mom. What about Mr. Medina? | 我和我妈就算了 Medina先生呢? |
[37:05] | He likes you. He encourages you. | 他喜欢你 他鼓励你 |
[37:07] | He holds up your papers and tells the class how great you are. | 他拿着你的作业 告诉同学们你多优秀 |
[37:12] | And then you turn around and spread stories about him. | 而你扭脸就到处说他的闲话 |
[37:16] | Whatever. Forget it. You have no idea what I’m talking about. | 算了 你不知道我在说些什么 |
[37:19] | I do like Mr. Medina. | 我确实喜欢Medina先生 |
[37:21] | I’d take some dance classes… | 我该参加舞蹈课 |
[37:23] | because the way you express yourself needs a little work. | 因为你表达自己的方法需要加强 |
[37:27] | I probably shouldn’t have told people what I saw. | 我也许不该把看到的告诉别人 |
[37:31] | – No, you shouldn’t have. – I’m sorry. | – 是 你不应该 – 对不起 |
[37:35] | Things have been not good lately. | 最近不顺利 |
[37:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:40] | I just didn’t want them talking about me anymore, that’s all. | 我只是不希望他们再谈论我 就这样 |
[37:45] | – It worked. – Yeah. | – 你的方法起作用了 – 对 |
[37:49] | – Lf you ever wanna talk… – We are not friends. | – 要是你想谈谈 – 我们不是朋友 |
[37:52] | That I know. | 这个我知道 |
[37:54] | But if you ever do want to talk about… | 但你要是想谈谈 |
[37:59] | I will, if I want to. | 我会的 要是我想的话 |
[38:02] | – Okay. – But I probably won’t. | – 好吧 – 但我也许不会 |
[38:06] | – That’s fine. – But if I do… | – 没什么 – 但要是我会 |
[38:08] | – I’m around. – Okay. | – 我在 – 好吧 |
[38:12] | I’m going now. | 我走了 |
[38:13] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜 – 拜 |
[38:19] | I doubt I will. | 我觉得不会 |
[38:22] | I’m not holding my breath. | 我没那么害怕 |
[38:31] | There. Squash blossoms. | 给 南瓜花 |
[38:34] | All large enough for you to stuff and fry up… | 都很大 不管是放馅进去还是炸 |
[38:37] | and serve to the desensitized masses who just want what they know. | 或者给那些只点自己知道的东西来吃的客人 都可以 |
[38:41] | Hurrah! Mediocrity wins again. | 啊 平凡人又取得了胜利 |
[38:44] | I’m not even gonna charge you for these. | 知道吗?我甚至可以不收钱 |
[38:46] | I am not gonna profit off the death of creativity. | 我不会用创造力的死亡来赚钱 |
[38:49] | I would rather starve myself than know that my food was paid for… | 我情愿饿死 也不愿意知道我的食物 |
[38:52] | by the lowered expectations of the American public. | 是因为美国人民期望降低才卖出去的 |
[38:54] | – Jackson. – What? | – Jackson – 什么事? |
[38:58] | Would you like to go to dinner sometime… | 你愿意什么时候一起吃饭吗? |
[39:00] | with me? | 和我 |
[39:03] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[39:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:24] | Mister, wanna buy a really nice copy of Proust? | 先生 想买本Proust的书吗 很不错的 |
[39:27] | – How you doing? – Well, you know. | – 你怎样? – 嗯 你知道的 |
[39:29] | – You? – I’m you-knowing also. | – 你呢? – 我也是 |
[39:36] | That Parents’ Day is fun. | 家长日真好玩 |
[39:39] | It was a big hit this year. | 这是今年的大事 |
[39:44] | Look, the other day, we were going skating and Rory said: | 听着 前几天 我们准备滑冰 Rory说 |
[39:47] | ‘Why don’t we invite Max to come along with us?’ | 干吗不邀请Max和我们一起去呢? |
[39:50] | – That was a little weird for me. – Me, too. I don’t skate. | – 我觉得有点怪 – 是有点怪 我不滑冰 |
[39:54] | She’s never really referred to anyone I’ve dated by their first name before. | 和我约会的人 她从没有直接称呼过他们的名字 |
[39:57] | I’ve always kept her out of that part of my life… | 我从不让她卷进来 |
[40:00] | so it was like ‘the mustache guy’… | 所以她都是说那个大胡子 |
[40:02] | ‘the earring guy,’ ‘the peg leg guy. ‘ | 那个戴耳环的 那个假腿的 |
[40:04] | So you have a thing for pirates. | 哦 你喜欢海盗 |
[40:07] | She never called anyone by their name before. | 她从没称呼过他们的名字 |
[40:11] | She likes you. | 她喜欢你 |
[40:13] | She likes us. | 她喜欢我们一起 |
[40:15] | So my mind instantly went to, ‘What if we break up? She’ll be crushed. ‘ | 所以我马上想到 我们要是分手怎么办?她会受不了的 |
[40:18] | And then my next thought was, ‘Oh, my God. What if we break up? | 然后就想到 哦天啊 我们要是分手怎么办? |
[40:23] | ‘I’ll be crushed. ‘ Then, as you know, all hell broke loose. | 我会受不了的 然后 你知道了 所有的事都一团糟了 |
[40:26] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[40:28] | I freaked out. I’m so sorry. | 我晕了头 对不起 |
[40:32] | I never meant to treat you like that. | 我没想那样对你 |
[40:34] | I’m not very good at this. Ask Skippy. | 我不太会处理这些 问Skippy吧 |
[40:36] | – Skippy? – I’m so sorry. | – Skippy? – 真的对不起 |
[40:41] | I was called into Headmaster Charleston’s office today. | Charlston校长今天找我了 |
[40:44] | Let me guess. He put his arm around you and said: | 我猜猜 他搂着你的肩膀说 |
[40:46] | ‘I don’t understand why you kids can’t work this out. ‘ | 我不知道你们这些年轻人 为什么处理不好这些事 |
[40:49] | He said I was jeopardizing my career and future at Chilton. | 他说我正拿自己在Chilton学校的事业和前途冒险 |
[40:52] | At first I was incensed, outraged. ‘How dare he?’ | 刚开始我很生气 愤怒 他怎么敢? |
[40:56] | And then I realized that he was right. | 然后我意识到他说得对 |
[40:59] | What happened the other day was completely unprofessional. | 那天发生的事真不应该 |
[41:02] | I never in my life would have considered pulling off something like this. | 我从来没想到我会做出这样的事 |
[41:06] | He should’ve fired me. | 他应该炒掉我 |
[41:07] | – But he didn’t. – Not yet. | – 但他没有 – 还没有 |
[41:09] | The word ‘probation’ was tossed around quite a bit, though. | 但说了几次要以观后效 |
[41:12] | – I’m sorry. – I was the one who started the kiss. | – 对不起 – 是我先吻的 |
[41:15] | I’m the one who knocked it up to NC-17. | 是我让那变成NC-17级的 |
[41:18] | I honestly did not think this was going to be so complicated. | 我真没想到会这么复杂 |
[41:21] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:22] | You told me it would be. I didn’t listen. I didn’t want to. | 你告诉过我 我不听 我不想听 |
[41:26] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[41:28] | If I hadn’t acted like a two-year-old and tried to run away… | 要不是我表现得象个三岁小孩 想从你身边逃跑 |
[41:30] | and pretend that you weren’t what you are to me… | 装着我不在乎你 |
[41:33] | then we wouldn’t have fought, or kissed… | 那我们就不会吵 也不会接吻 |
[41:35] | and I wouldn’t have humiliated my daughter… | 我也不会让我女儿丢脸 |
[41:37] | and the whole thing would have been fine. | 而所有事都会很好 |
[41:43] | I do not know what to do here. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[41:48] | I’ve never been in a relationship like this before. | 我从来没有过这样的恋爱经历 |
[41:51] | – I’m not thinking straight. – I know. Me either. | – 我现在想不清楚 – 我知道 我也是 |
[41:54] | – That was a great kiss. – Beyond great. | – 那个吻很棒 – 不止是棒 |
[42:00] | Maybe we need to take a little time away from each other. | 也许我们应该分开一段时间 |
[42:06] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[42:08] | Just to figure out… | 想想清楚 |
[42:11] | how to do this so it’s not so hard. | 怎么面对才不会太难 |
[42:14] | Sure, that makes sense. | 当然 这个主意不错 |
[42:17] | I don’t have any other answers right now. | 我现在没别的答案 |
[42:19] | No, you’re absolutely right. | 不 你没错 |
[42:24] | I really, really like you, Max Medina. | 我真的真的很喜欢你 Max Medina |
[42:28] | I really, really like you, Lorelai Gilmore. | 我真的真的很喜欢你 Lorelai Gilmore |
[42:32] | So long as we have that straightened out. | 既然说清楚了 |
[42:36] | Goodbye, Lorelai. | 再见 Lorelai |
[42:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:58] | Mom, I’m home! | 妈 我回来了 |