时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – Hello? – Do you come bearing pizza? | – 在吗? – 你带披萨来了吗? |
[00:07] | – I’m not an idiot. – Then get in here. | – 我不是笨蛋 – 那就进来吧 |
[00:11] | – Sit. You’re missing it. – What are we watching? | – 坐吧 你错过了 – 你们在看什么? |
[00:13] | The incomparable Donna Reed Show. | 无与伦比Donna Reed节目 |
[00:15] | – What’s in there? – A salad. | – 这里面有什么? – 一份沙拉 |
[00:18] | Salad? | 沙拉? |
[00:20] | It’s a quaint dish sometimes used to precede large quantities of pizza. | 主食披萨之前总该有点精美的餐前小点吧 |
[00:26] | – It’s for me. – Clearly. | – 是给我的 – 当然 |
[00:29] | So, who’s Donna Reed? | 谁是Donna Reed? |
[00:31] | – What? – You don’t know who Donna Reed is? | – 什么? – 你不知道Donna Reed是谁? |
[00:33] | The quintessential ’50s mom with the perfect ’50s family? | 50年代完美之家的模范妈妈 |
[00:36] | Never without a smile and high heels? | 就是时刻微笑 总穿高跟鞋那个 |
[00:38] | Hair that if you hit with a hammer would crack? | 用锤子敲头发 锤子就会裂的 |
[00:40] | – So, it’s a show? – It’s a lifestyle. | – 所以这是个节目? – 是一种生活方式 |
[00:43] | It’s a religion. | 是一种信仰 |
[00:44] | – My favorite episode… – Tell me. | – 我最爱的一集… – 告诉我 |
[00:47] | …is when their son, Jeff, comes home from school, and nothing happens. | … 是当他们的儿子Jeff从学校回来 没事发生 |
[00:51] | That’s a good one. | 很棒的一集 |
[00:53] | One of my favorites is when Mary, the daughter, gets a part-time job… | 我最爱一集是女儿Mary 得到一份兼职的工作……. |
[00:57] | – and nothing happens. – Another classic. | – 也没事发生 – 又一经典之作 |
[01:00] | So what’s this one about? | 那这一集讲的是什么? |
[01:02] | This one is actually quite filled with intrigue. | 这一集充满了阴谋 |
[01:04] | The husband, Alex, comes home late for dinner, and he didn’t call. | 丈夫Alex 吃饭回来晚了 也没打电话回来 |
[01:09] | Might as well kick the dog, too. | 也许可能面临家庭危机 |
[01:11] | Look, she’s making doughnuts. | 看 她在做甜甜圈 |
[01:12] | …bind in the sugar department. – I was thinking of something else. | – 放进糖里 – 我在想可不可以放其它的 |
[01:16] | Not that my sugary attitude wouldn’t make anyone an instant diabetic. | 倒不只有我的甜食态度 不会让人得急性糖尿病 |
[01:20] | Mother-daughter window washing. We should try that. | 妈妈-女儿擦窗户 我们应该尝试一下这个 |
[01:22] | Right after mother-daughter shock treatments. | 就在妈妈-女儿休克疗法之后 |
[01:24] | There’s nothing more satisfying than washing windows. Oh, no. | 没有什么比擦窗户更让人满足 哦 不要 |
[01:28] | What? Did I miss a spot? | 什么?我漏掉什么污点了吗? |
[01:30] | No, I just had an impure thought about your father, Alex. | 没有 我只是忽然对你父亲Alex起了一个不纯的念头 |
[01:33] | Funny, I don’t know why I had it. It isn’t the second Saturday of the month. | 好笑吧 我都不知道为何会有这念头 这是这个月的第二个星期天吧 |
[01:37] | I heard you had an impure thought about me. | 我听说你对我有不纯的念头 |
[01:39] | I must now sublimate all my impure thoughts… | 我现在必须通过进厨房无休止地做砂锅菜 |
[01:42] | by going into the kitchen and making an endless string of perfect casseroles. | 来净化我不洁的灵魂 |
[01:45] | – You’re not even listening to the dialogue. – Ours is better. | – 你们都没有在听他们的对话 – 我们的更好 |
[01:49] | I don’t know, it all seems kind of nice to me. | 我不知道 我觉得这看起来还不错 |
[01:51] | What does? | 什么不错? |
[01:52] | Families hanging together, a wife cooking dinner for her husband. | 全家人聚在一起 老婆煮东西给老公吃 |
[01:57] | – And look, she seems really happy. – She’s medicated. | – 还有 她看起来很开心 – 她吃错药了 |
[02:00] | – And acting from a script. – Written by a man. | – 还有 是照剧本在演 – 编剧是个男的 |
[02:02] | Well said, sister suffragette. | 说得不错 女权主义者 |
[02:04] | What if she likes making doughnuts and dinner for her family… | 如她喜欢做甜甜圈 美食给她的家人吃… |
[02:07] | and keeping things nice for them… | 把好东西留给他们 |
[02:12] | Okay, I feel very unpopular right now. | 好吧 我觉得这个现在已不流行了 |
[02:14] | You know, dear, the first 10 years we were married… | 你知道吗 老公 我们结婚头10年… |
[02:17] | I was upset when you came home late for dinner. | 每次你晚回来吃饭我都会很生气 |
[02:19] | – Then you’re not anymore? – No. | – 那你现在不会生气了? – 不会 |
[02:21] | You are no longer late for dinner. You’re just extremely early for breakfast. | 你不再晚回来吃饭 你只会吃早餐时来太早 |
[02:26] | Voila! Your breakfast. | Voila! 你的早餐 |
[02:29] | Hey, l’m not saying a word. | 嘿 我什么都没说 |
[03:28] | – Can brains hurt? – Yes, it’s hypochondria hour. | – 脑袋会受伤吗? – 是 当你得臆想症时 |
[03:31] | I’m serious. Last night, when I was reading my biology chapters… | 我讲真的 昨晚 我在看生物书的时候…. |
[03:34] | I distinctly heard a ping in the vicinity of my brain. | 我清楚地听见我脑袋附近”砰”的一声 |
[03:37] | – Your brain pinged? – Yeah. | – 你脑袋”砰”一声? – 没错 |
[03:39] | – It just went dink. – Then your brain dinked. It didn’t ping. | – 只是”叮”的一下 – 那你脑袋是”叮”一下 不是”砰”一下. |
[03:42] | A dinking brain isn’t any less worrisome than a pinging brain. | “叮”一下不是比”砰”一下更让人不安 |
[03:45] | – You got me there. – So should I go to a tumor doctor? | – 我懂了 – 那我要去看肿瘤医生吗? |
[03:48] | You don’t have a tumor. You’re reading too much. | 你不用看肿瘤医生 你只是看书太久 |
[03:50] | – You’re probably just losing your eyesight. – Thank you. | – 可能一下失去你的视力 – 谢谢 |
[03:53] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[03:54] | Hi, can you take a little constructive criticism? | 嘿 你能接受一些有建设性的批评意见吗? |
[03:58] | – No. – Okay, this place could use a makeover. | – 不能 – 好吧 这个地方要改造一下 |
[04:00] | It needs sprucing up, like a coat of paint. | 需要翻新一下 比如刷一层漆 |
[04:03] | – I don’t spruce. – What do you mean you don’t spruce? | – 我不翻新 – 你不翻新是什么意思? |
[04:05] | – What he means is he won’t spruce. – Taylor, do not start. | – 他的意思是他不会翻新 – Taylor 别又开始了 |
[04:09] | Me and the rest of the Town Beautification Committee… | 我和其它”全镇美化委员会”的委员们…. |
[04:12] | have been hounding him for years to freshen up the place. | 已经跟了他好几年了 让他翻新这个地方 |
[04:14] | Maybe a couple of nice zinnia pots out front, some yellow awnings… | 也许前门一对漂亮的鱼尾菊盆景 几把黄色的遮阳伞… |
[04:18] | a peppy little cardboard pig announcing the specials. | 一只写上”今日特品”的鲜红小纸猪 |
[04:21] | But he’s a mule. | 但他是只倔驴 |
[04:22] | He won’t talk, he won’t reason, he won’t spruce. | 他不会说 不会找理由 不会翻新 |
[04:26] | You might as well forget it, Lorelai. I’m forgetting it, too. | 你也会放弃的 Lorelai 我也放弃了 |
[04:29] | Finally a Taylor Doose position I can get behind. | 最终Taylor Doose有个立场我能支持了 |
[04:32] | Faded paint is a bad reflection on the whole town. | 褪色的漆会让别人对整个镇 留下一个很坏的印象 |
[04:35] | – Whatever happened to giving up? – When standards slip, families flee… | – 怎样才会放弃? – 当准则消失 全家逃亡… |
[04:40] | and in comes the seedy crowd. You got trouble, my friends. | 还有伴随而来的褴褛的人 你就麻烦了 我的朋友 |
[04:43] | Right here in River City. | 就在River城 |
[04:44] | – This is not funny, Lorelai. – Does anyone want anything? | – 不是在开玩笑 Lorelai – 有人想要点什么吗? |
[04:47] | Yes, I do. I want to know why you won’t paint this place. | 是 我要 我想知道 你为什么不粉刷这里 |
[04:51] | It’s a pain. I’d have to close for a day, which I can’t afford, or paint it at night… | 这很痛苦 我不得不关门一整天 我负担不起 或许晚上粉刷 |
[04:55] | which I don’t want to do because I hate painting. | 我不想这样做 因为我讨厌粉刷 |
[04:58] | How about this? | 这样怎样? |
[05:00] | – I’ll help you. I love to paint. – You do? | – 我帮你 我喜欢粉刷 – 你喜欢? |
[05:02] | – Yes, I do. – You love it? | – 是的 我喜欢 – 你喜欢? |
[05:03] | – I want to marry it. – You have strange passions. | – 我愿意以身相许 – 你的热情还真奇怪 |
[05:05] | She likes washing dishes, too. She’s multifaceted abnormal. | 她也喜欢洗盘子 她是”多面手怪胎” |
[05:08] | Come on. We’ll drink a couple of beers, sing painting songs. | 拜托 我们要边喝啤酒 边唱粉刷歌 |
[05:11] | – Painting songs? – Yeah, painting songs. | – 粉刷歌? – 没错 粉刷歌 |
[05:13] | Like, you know, the song that goes: | 比如 这样唱: |
[05:16] | Grab your brush and grab your rollers | 拿着你的刷子 抓起你的滚筒 |
[05:19] | All you kids and all you bowlers | 所有的小孩 所有的玩伴 |
[05:22] | We’re going paintin’ today | 我们今天要粉刷 |
[05:25] | Say yes, or there’s another verse. | 快答应 不然接着唱别的了 |
[05:27] | I guess maybe if I had help. | 我想可能你的提议不错 |
[05:31] | – Really? Oh, my God, that’s wonderful! – Taylor, it’s not for you. It’s for me. | – 真的吗? 哦 我的天 真是太好了 – Taylor 不是为你 是为我自己 |
[05:35] | I can’t wait to tell the rest of the committee. They won’t believe this. | 我等不及告诉其他委员 他们一定不会信 |
[05:39] | I hate that he’s pleased. | 我讨厌他这么开心 |
[05:41] | You’ll drop a gum wrapper in the street in front of his store later. | 你稍后可扔块口香糖到他店前的街上 |
[05:44] | Yeah, good idea. | 是 主意不错 |
[05:48] | Kick-ass wine. | 这酒真不错 |
[05:50] | – How poetic. – It’s got a nice smell. Earthy, vibrant. | – 真诗意 – 闻起来也不错 淳朴 鲜明 |
[05:54] | – You can taste the Italian’s feet. – It’s a Bordeaux. It’s French. | – 可以尝到意大利味道 – 是波尔多葡萄酒 法国酒 |
[05:58] | What’s an Italian’s foot doing in a French wine? | 法国酒怎么有意大利的味道? |
[06:00] | So when do you guys leave for Martha’s Vineyard? | 你们什么时候出发去Martha葡萄园 |
[06:03] | We’re not going to Martha’s Vineyard this year. | 我们今年不会去Martha葡萄园 |
[06:05] | Why not? | 为什么不去? |
[06:06] | Our usual rental wasn’t available when we inquired… late. | 我们常租屋在我们查询的时已租出去了 迟了 |
[06:10] | We should have just bought a place years ago, like I wanted. | 我们几年前就应该买下那地方 像我希望的那样 |
[06:13] | It wouldn’t have been prudent. | 本不该那么谨慎的 |
[06:14] | – Now we have no place to go next week. – You could always go somewhere else. | – 现在我们下周没地方可去 – 你们还是可以去别的地方 |
[06:18] | We always go to the Vineyard at this time of year. | 我们每年的这个时候都会去葡萄园 |
[06:20] | You could break the chain, Dad. | 你们可以破例一次 爸爸 |
[06:22] | – Go to Paris. – Yes, Paris. | – 去巴黎 – 对 去巴黎 |
[06:24] | – Impressionism, poodles… – Creme brulee. | – 印象派 狮毛狗… – 法式焦糖布丁 |
[06:26] | – That’s great. – Impossible. | – 这个不错 – 不可能 |
[06:27] | Pourquoi? French. | 为什么? 因为法语 |
[06:29] | We only go to Europe in the fall. | 我们秋天的时候才去欧洲 |
[06:31] | I heard a rumor Europe’s still there in spring. | 传闻说欧洲现在还是春天 |
[06:33] | – I heard it, too. – We know it’s there in the spring. | – 我也听说过 – 我们知道那里还是春天 |
[06:36] | But we never go then because we always go in the fall. | 但是我们决不去那里 因为我们通常都是秋天去 |
[06:38] | It’s getting a bit too Lewis Carroll for me. | 对我来说变得有一点太Lewis Carroll了 (Lewis Carroll<爱丽丝梦游仙境>作者 风格另类 诡异 创新) |
[06:40] | What is so interesting about Europe in the spring? | 欧洲春天有什么有意思的东西? |
[06:43] | Spring vegetables. | 春季蔬菜 |
[06:44] | You want us to go to Europe to eat a vegetable? | 你想我们欧洲去吃蔬菜? |
[06:46] | No, I don’t know. There’s all kinds of stuff. | 不是 我不知道 这里应有尽有 |
[06:49] | – There’s festivals and, you know, Europe. – In the fall. | – 有节庆 还有 欧洲 – 在秋天 |
[06:51] | It costs a fortune to travel first-class in Europe. | 坐头等舱要花很多钱 |
[06:54] | – We only do it every two years. – In the fall. | – 我们两年才去一次 – 在秋天 |
[06:57] | – It’s just not in the budget this year. – You don’t have to fly first class. | – 这不在今年的预算内 – 你们没必要一定要坐头等舱 |
[07:02] | ‘Cause there’s always coach. | 因为有经济舱 |
[07:05] | Or business class is slightly less. There’s deals on the Internet. | 或者是相对小一点的商务舱 他们网上售票的 |
[07:15] | – Pass the potatoes. – You got it. | – 把土豆递给我 – 给 |
[07:19] | ‘Catherine the Great, 1729 to’96. | “凯萨琳大帝 1729年~1796年” |
[07:22] | – ‘Empress of Russia, 1762 to ’96.’ – Hold still, please. | – “俄国大帝期间 1762年到1796年” – 继续 |
[07:26] | ‘Originally named Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhalt-Zerbst.’ | “原名Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhalt-Zerbst” |
[07:30] | But everybody called her Kitten. | 但是别人都叫她Kitten(小猫) |
[07:32] | ‘Married to Grand Duke Peter of Holstein in 1754.’ | “1754年嫁给Holstein俄太子Peter” |
[07:36] | – Rory, seriously… – ‘The marriage was an unhappy one.’ | – Rory, 认真点… – “这段婚姻不幸福” |
[07:39] | There were way too many names. | 名字太多 |
[07:42] | Lady with notecards, look at lady with needle and focus… | 拿卡片的女士 盯着拿针的女士 集中一下… |
[07:45] | so I can sew the button on your sweater and not on my thumb. | 这样我才能把扣子订在你校服上 而不是我的拇指上 |
[07:48] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:49] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[07:52] | You’re 4 years old. | 你4岁了 |
[07:54] | – Hiya, baby doll. – Hi, Babbette. | – 你好 洋娃娃 – 嘿 Babbette |
[07:57] | You want some coffee? | 要喝咖啡吗? |
[07:58] | – No, I just came over to ask a big favor. – Ask away. | – 不用 我过来只是想请你帮个忙 – 随便说 |
[08:01] | Morey just got a call to play a gig at the Village Vanguard tonight… | Morey刚接到一个电话 今晚要去先锋村特约演奏 |
[08:04] | – so we gotta go to New York. – Wow! | – 所以我们今晚要去纽约 – Wow! |
[08:07] | – Cream? – And sugar. Thanks. | – 奶油? – 还有糖 谢谢 |
[08:09] | Anyway, yesterday Morey and I finally broke down… | 总之 昨天Morey和我都忙疯掉了 |
[08:12] | and we got ourselves a new baby. | 还有我们有了一个新”宝宝” |
[08:14] | Honey, you got a kitten. Good for you. | 亲爱的 你有了一只小猫 对你不错 |
[08:16] | – What’s its name? – Apricot. He’s just the cutest thing. | – 它叫什么? – Apricot 它真是最可爱的东西 |
[08:21] | But he’s so teeny. There’s no way he can go with us… | 但是它真的好小 它没办法和我们一起去 |
[08:24] | and I would hate for him to stay alone in the house. | 我讨厌让它一个人呆在家里 |
[08:26] | So I was thinking maybe Rory could come over and housesit for the evening. | 所以我在想也许Rory可以过我家 在那住一晚 |
[08:30] | – I’d love to. – Great. | – 我乐意 – 太好了 |
[08:32] | We got a kitchen full of food, and Morey got cable… | 我们买了一厨房的吃的 还有Morey装了有线电视… |
[08:34] | so you can watch those four girls talking dirty if you want to. | 所以你可以看四个语言下流女孩的节目 如果你想的话 |
[08:37] | – Sounds good. – You’re an angel. | – 听起来不错 – 你真是天使 |
[08:39] | – Both of you, angels. You have a key? – We got it covered. | – 你们两个都是天使 你知道钥匙吗? – 我们知道藏在哪 |
[08:41] | Great, l’ll leave you the number of where we’re staying. | 太好了 我会把我们住的地方的号码留给你 |
[08:44] | Have a good time. We’ll be back tomorrow. | 玩得开心点 我们明天就回来 |
[08:46] | – I love you crazy girls. – Bye! | – 我爱死你们了 – 再见 |
[08:51] | I can’t believe how fast you agreed to spend the night away from me. | 我真不敢相信你这么快 就答应和我分开住一晚 |
[08:55] | You’re crazy. I’m doing her a favor. | 你疯了 我只是帮她个忙 |
[08:57] | Sure you are. | 你当然是 |
[08:58] | That’s okay. Don’t you worry about me. I’ll be just fine. | 没事 别担心我 我会很好 |
[09:02] | I’d like to debate you on that, but l’m late for the bus. | 我很想和你辩论这一点 但是我快赶不上巴士了 |
[09:05] | This is only the second night we’ve ever spent apart. | 这只是第二晚我们分开住 |
[09:08] | – Doesn’t that make you sad? – Yeah, but l’ll get over it. | – 你觉得很难过吗? – 是的 但我会克服的 |
[09:11] | Paul and Linda McCartney only spent 11 nights apart their entire relationship. | Paul和Linda McCartney只分开11晚 就结束了他们整段关系 |
[09:15] | – Did you know that? – I did not know that. | – 你知道吗? – 我不知道 |
[09:18] | They were truly devoted to each other. | 他们曾经真地的很爱对方 |
[09:20] | Being apart was too painful to even talk about. | 分开住痛苦到没办法沟通 |
[09:22] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[09:23] | I don’t think Linda would’ve even considered cat-sitting without Paul. | 我想Linda原本不应该考虑 和Paul分开睡 |
[09:27] | Mom, when I go off to college, l’m gonna be gone every night. | 妈妈 我上大学的时候 我每晚都不在家 |
[09:30] | – What will you do then? – I will go with you. | – 到时你会怎么办? – 我会跟着你 |
[09:33] | I’ll sleep on the floor in your dorm, next to your bed. | 我要睡在你宿舍床边的地板上 |
[09:36] | – At least you’ve got a plan. – Yes. | – 至少你已经有计划了 – 没错 |
[09:38] | Perhaps you’d like to take a picture of me with you tonight. | 也许今晚你想和我合一张影 |
[09:41] | – In case you get Ionely, you can talk to it. – Bye. | – 万一你觉得孤单 你还可以和它讲讲话 – 再见 |
[09:57] | – Carry your bird, miss? – Hi, I didn’t expect to see you here. | – 带了一只鸟 小姐? – 嗨 我没想到会在这里见到你 |
[10:00] | I just wanted to say hello. | 我只是想和你打个招呼 |
[10:04] | Hello | Hello. |
[10:08] | – So, who’s your friend? – Homework. | – 你的朋友是谁? – 家庭作业 |
[10:11] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[10:12] | We will be cohabitating for the next month so I can examine its every move. | 下个月我们都会住在一起 所以我可以检查它所有行动 |
[10:16] | – Jealous? – I’ll get over it. | – 嫉妒吧? – 我会克服的 |
[10:20] | I’m house-sitting tonight for Babbette, and I was thinking… | 我今晚帮Babbette看家 我在想…. |
[10:23] | maybe if the right offer came along, I might be up to some company. | 也许如果有什么好的提议的话 我也许会找个陪同的 |
[10:26] | – I’m offering. – I’m accepting. | – 我提议 – 我接受 |
[10:28] | – Good. – You wanna get some coffee? | – 太好了 – 要喝咖啡吗? |
[10:29] | I can’t. I have to get to work. | 不行 我要去工作 |
[10:31] | – I thought you go to work at 5:00. – No, 4:00 on Thursdays. | – 我以为你是5:00上班 – 不是 我星期四4:00上班 |
[10:35] | For some reason, Thursday’s always really busy. | 因为某些原因 星期四特别忙 |
[10:37] | Lots of oppressed housewives shopping for their husbands’ dinner. | 好多压抑的家庭主妇 为她们的老公采购主餐食物 |
[10:41] | – Wow. – What? | – Wow – 什么? |
[10:43] | That was a little pointed. | 这句话有点尖锐 |
[10:45] | – What are you talking about? – The crack about the housewives… | – 你在说什么? – 关於家庭主妇这部分 |
[10:48] | – shopping for their husbands’ dinner. – Come on, it was a joke. | – 为她们老公采购食物 – 拜托 只是个玩笑 |
[10:52] | It was a pretty weird joke to hear coming out of your mouth. | 从你嘴里说出来就很怪 |
[10:55] | You are so sensitive about the whole Donna Reed thing. | 你对Donna Reed节目的东西太敏感 |
[10:57] | I’m not sensitive about it. I just find it ridiculous. | 我对此不敏感 我只是觉得这很荒谬 |
[11:00] | – Why? – What do you mean, why? | – 为什么? – 你”为什么”什么意思? |
[11:02] | – So she cooked a lot. – A lot? | – 她煮很多菜 – 很多? |
[11:05] | She made homemade doughnuts, chocolate cake… | 她自已做甜甜圈 巧克力蛋糕 |
[11:07] | a lamb chop-mashed potato dinner… | 羊排佐土豆泥晚餐… |
[11:09] | and enough stew to feed Cambodia all in one episode. | 足够养活柬埔寨的所有人的 全在一集里面 |
[11:12] | – So what? – You really like that concept, don’t you? | – 那又怎样? – 你真的很喜欢这种观念 不是吗? |
[11:15] | No, I… Yeah, sort of. | 不是 我… 是的 有一点 |
[11:17] | – Oh, my God. – It’s a little over the top… | – 哦 我的天啦 – 是有一点过了 |
[11:20] | but the general idea of a wife cooking dinner for her family… | 但是妻子为她的家人烹饪的意念… |
[11:23] | That’s nice. Why is that not nice? | 还不错 为什么不好? |
[11:25] | It’s not just that. | 不止这个 |
[11:27] | It’s the having to have the dinner on the table as soon as the husband gets home… | 我说的是丈夫回来才能开饭…. |
[11:31] | and having to look perfect to do housework… | 家务活还要做得尽善尽美… |
[11:34] | and the whole concept that her one point in life is to serve somebody else. | 还有她一生唯一的信念就是服务别人 |
[11:38] | Yes, but maybe there are two points of view here. | 是的 但是也许这个问题有两个观点 |
[11:41] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[11:42] | You feel that way because your mother feels that way. | 你这样认为是因为你妈妈也这样认为 |
[11:44] | – So I have no opinions of my own? – I didn’t mean that. | – 所以我就没主见啦? – 我不是这个意思 |
[11:48] | If I have no opinions of my own, then l’d be just the kind of girl you like. | 如果我没主见 那我就正是你喜欢的类型 |
[11:53] | My mom made dinner for my dad every day before she started working. | 我妈开始工作前 每天都煮饭给我爸吃 |
[11:56] | Now she even does it on the weekends. What does that say about her? | 甚至现在每周末还这样 你怎么看她? |
[12:00] | It says she has a choice and Donna Reed didn’t. | 这说明了她有机会 而Donna Reed没有 |
[12:02] | You do realize that Donna Reed wasn’t real. | 你确实认识到Donna Reed曾经真实存在 |
[12:04] | I know that, but she represented millions of women that were real… | 我知道这点 但是她代表无数个 曾经真实存在的妇女…. |
[12:08] | and did have to dress and act like that… | 必须得这样穿衣 必须得这样做事 |
[12:10] | Please tell me how we began arguing about The Donna Reed Show. | 请告诉我 我们怎么会因为Donna Reed节目吵起来 |
[12:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:19] | Look, I gotta go to work, so… | 听着 我要去工作了 所以… |
[12:22] | – Bye. – Dean? | – 再见 – Dean? |
[12:25] | – What? – Bird. | – 什么? – 鸟 |
[12:34] | – Good, l’m just about to leave. – Where are you going? | – 太好了 我正要出去 – 你要去哪? |
[12:37] | To Luke’s. We’re picking out paint colors tonight… | Luke的店 我们今晚要去选油漆色… |
[12:40] | so it’s gonna be hours of ‘yes, no, yes, no’… | 所以可以会花几个小时 不能地重复”是 不是” |
[12:42] | until my famous perseverance wears him down… | 直到我那出了名的顽强意志搞定他… |
[12:44] | and he ends up in a ball on the floor crying like a girl. | 最后他坐在大厅的地板上哭得像个小女孩 |
[12:47] | – Wanna come watch? – I’m house-sitting, remember? | – 想过来看吗? – 我要帮Barbrete看家 记得吗? |
[12:49] | Yeah, but you have to eat. Come have a burger. | 记得 但你还是要吃东西呀 过来吃个汉堡 |
[12:51] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[12:54] | – What is that? – It’s for school. | – 这是什么? – 教学用的 |
[12:57] | – He’s so cute. What’s his name? – Case Study Number 12. | – 他太可爱了 他叫什麽 – 案例研究编号12 |
[13:01] | Is that hyphenated? | 带连接号的吗? |
[13:02] | Honey, he’s adorable. He should have a name. | 宝贝 他好可爱 应该给他起个名字 |
[13:04] | I’m not bonding with my midterm, thank you. | 和我期中考没关系 谢谢 |
[13:06] | All right, l’ll name him. Hi, your name is Stanley. Hi, Stanley. | 好吧 我给他起名 嗨 你名字叫Stanley 嗨 Stanley |
[13:10] | It’s a girl. | 它是女孩 |
[13:11] | Sorry about the Stanley thing. Your name is Stella. | 对不起叫你Stanley 叫你Stella吧 |
[13:14] | Stella’s nice, and she was married to Stanley. | Stella不错 还有她嫁给了Stanley |
[13:16] | Call it whatever you want. | 随便你怎么叫 |
[13:17] | – You’re grumpy. What happened? – Nothing, just a long day. | – 你脾气不太好 发生什么事了? – 没什么 只是今天不好过 |
[13:22] | You know what the remedy is? | 你知道怎么疗伤的吧 ? |
[13:23] | A ringside seat while Luke envisions strangling me with his baseball cap. | 坐在马戏团里 当Luke想象的时候 用他的棒球帽勒死我 |
[13:27] | I’ll leave the chick here tonight so the kitten doesn’t get any fancy ideas. | 今晚我把小鸟留在这里 这样猫就不会打它主意了 |
[13:30] | She’s been fed. If she gets too loud, put her in my room. | 我已经喂过它了 如果她太吵的话 把她放在我房间里 |
[13:33] | – I’ll call you later. – Okay. | – 我稍后打给你 – 好的 |
[13:38] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. Just a bad afternoon. I’ll fix it. | – 你还好吧? – 是 只是这下午太糟糕了 我会没事的 |
[13:41] | Call me if you need a wrench or something. | 如果你需要帮助的话 打给我 |
[13:43] | I will. | 我会的 |
[13:50] | Now, this is another way to go. | 现在 另一方案启用 |
[13:52] | Sort of a French bistro kind of a look. | 一点点法式咖啡店风味 看起来会不错 |
[13:55] | – This isn’t a French bistro. – Really? | – 这里不是法式咖啡店 – 真的吗? |
[13:58] | It’s amazing what you learn when you listen. | 真是令人诧异 你们从他话里听出什么了吗 |
[14:00] | Which you usually don’t. | 通常情况下你都听不出 |
[14:02] | Then I don’t have useless information intruding in my brain. | 是的 这样就没有一些无用的信息 袭击我的大脑 |
[14:04] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[14:06] | If you wanted to do more warm, golden Tuscan countryside… | 如果你想要更柔和的话 金色托卡纳式乡村风格.. |
[14:10] | Then l’d go to Italy. Here, l’ll wrap this. | 那我会去意大利 这里 不行 |
[14:13] | We could also go with… | 我们也可以试试… |
[14:15] | a pastelly English-country-garden theme. | 清淡柔和的英式乡村花园主题 |
[14:18] | Maybe we could add stenciling on the ceiling. | 也许我们可以在天花板上镂花 |
[14:20] | – No stenciling. – Do you even know what stenciling is? | – 不要镂花 – 你真的知道什么是镂花吗? |
[14:24] | – Does Martha Stewart do it? – Yes. | – Martha Stewart做过吗? – 是的 (Martha Stewart 美国家政女王) |
[14:26] | No stenciling. | 不要镂花 |
[14:30] | – Ask him. – I will. | – 去问他 – 我会的 |
[14:31] | – Go on. – Don’t push. | – 去吧 – 别推我 |
[14:35] | – Hello. – What do you want, Kirk? | – Hello Luke – 你想要点什么 Kirk? |
[14:36] | Taylor tells me you’re thinking of painting this place. | Taylor告诉我说 你考虑粉刷这里 |
[14:39] | That’s right. He is. | 没错 他会 |
[14:41] | Excuse me, l’d like to hear it from him. | 不好意思 我想听他亲口说 |
[14:44] | – Luke, is that true? – Yes, Kirk, it is true. | – Luke 这是真的吗? – 是的 Kirk 是真的 |
[14:47] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的吗? – 真的 |
[14:48] | – This is your final decision? – Yes, it is. | – 这是你最终决定吗? – 是的 没错 |
[14:50] | – ‘Cause it’s not too late… – You heard him. | – 因为还不太迟… – 你亲耳听到他说了 |
[14:52] | He’s painting this place. Pay up. | 他会粉刷这里 一次付清 |
[14:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:59] | – Sorry, man. – It’s a little late for that, don’t you think? | – 对不起 伙计 – 太迟了一点 你不觉得吗? |
[15:05] | I like this. | 我喜欢这个 |
[15:09] | Okay, I get it. | 好吧 我拿掉 |
[15:13] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[15:22] | Meow if you need anything else. | 你要什么就”喵”一下 |
[15:47] | Hi, is Dean in? This is Rory. | Hi Dean在吗? 我是Rory |
[15:53] | Will you tell him I called? Okay, thanks. | 你可以告诉他我打给他了吗? 好的 谢谢 |
[16:04] | – You ready to talk paint? – No. | – 准备好开始讨论怎么粉刷了吗? – 没有 |
[16:06] | Good. I’ve got all the choices set up… | 太好了 我已经想好了所有的选项… |
[16:09] | and while any one of them would work… | 任何一项都行得通…. |
[16:11] | I think this combo is currently my favorite. | 我当前最爱的是这一套 |
[16:16] | See? Imagine, this will be for the walls, this will be for the trim… | 知道吗? 想像一下 这些用来粉墙 这些用来粉边饰… |
[16:19] | the edging around the doors and the windows. | 门和窗户周围的边边 |
[16:21] | – I know what the trim is. – Okay. | – 我知道什么是边饰 – 好吧 |
[16:24] | The colors are quite similar to what you have here now… | 这些颜色和你现在用的很接近… |
[16:27] | but they’re a little richer, a little warmer. | 但是这些会更艳丽一点 柔和一点 |
[16:29] | What do you think? Wait, wait. | 你觉得怎样? 等一下 等一下 |
[16:39] | – A little ambience? – This is a diner. We don’t do ambience. | – 有一点氛围吧? – 这是餐厅 我们不需要氛围 |
[16:42] | One argument at a time. So what do you think? | 又一次争论 你觉得怎样? |
[16:45] | Honestly? I have no idea. Do you like it? | 坦白讲吗? 我不知道 你喜欢吗? |
[16:49] | – Yeah. – Okay. | – 是的 – 好吧 |
[16:50] | Good. | 太好了 |
[16:53] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[16:55] | The Town Council wanted to do a before-and-after poster. | 全镇委员会想做一个对比海报 |
[16:58] | – Out. – Bye. | – 滚出去 – 再见 |
[17:03] | That’s it. We’re closed for the night. | 就这样 我们今晚停业 |
[17:05] | Since you have to take everything off the walls anyway… | 因为你不得不将墙上所以东西都拿掉… |
[17:08] | now is a good time to decide… | 现在是决定的好时机… |
[17:09] | what stuff you’ll keep and what stuff you’ll get rid of. | 什么东西要留 什么东西该扔 |
[17:12] | – Everything stays. – Okay. | – 什么都不扔 – 好吧 |
[17:14] | There is a plastic dancing pork chop that says… | 有一只塑料跳舞猪排说…. |
[17:17] | Everything stays. | 什么都不扔 |
[17:19] | ‘…I lost my head over a good chop. You should, too.’ | “一刀劈下去我的头就没了 你也该试试”… |
[17:22] | – Everything stays. – Okay, everything stays. | – 什么都不扔 – 好吧 什么都不扔 |
[17:24] | This place hasn’t been painted since my dad was alive. | 这个地方我爸爸还在世的时候就粉刷了 |
[17:27] | – No, I didn’t know that. – He painted it before he opened it… | – 我不知道 – 他开这家店前就粉刷好了 |
[17:30] | and once more when the roof caved in one winter. | 后来一个冬天屋顶漏洞又粉了一次 |
[17:33] | – I think that’s probably it. – The paint lasted a long time. | – 我想就只粉过这么多 – 这些漆保持了很久 |
[17:37] | – He got his money’s worth. – Yeah. | – 他钱用得很值 – 是的 |
[17:39] | He really loved this place, you know? | 他真的很爱这个地方 你知道吗? |
[17:44] | The store was his life. Mine, too, I guess. | 这家店就是他的人生 也是我的 我猜 |
[17:48] | I spent every minute I wasn’t in school in here. | 我除了去学校 所有的时间都呆在这里 |
[17:51] | I spent a lot of minutes I was supposed to be in school. | 我花了很多时间呆在这 我原本应该在学校的 |
[17:54] | But why a diner? Why didn’t you keep it a hardware store? | 但是为什么是饭店? 你为什么不开五金店? |
[17:56] | I didn’t love the hardware business the way my dad did… | 我也像我爸一样不爱五金生意…. |
[18:00] | and I knew how to cook, so I thought a diner would be more… | 还有我懂烹饪 所以我想餐厅会更.. |
[18:05] | – fun. – That’s a hard word for you to say. | – 有趣 – 你这话说得够艰难 |
[18:10] | I just always wanted to work here. | 我只是想在这工作 |
[18:14] | – Just where Dad did. – God, that’s nice… | – 在我父亲工作的地方 – 老天 这样不错… |
[18:17] | to be so, I don’t know, connected to your dad. | 如此.. 我不知道 与你父亲如此紧密相连 |
[18:24] | – I would have loved that. – You’ve got that with Rory. | – 我也会很喜欢这样的 – 你已经从Rory那得到这个了 |
[18:28] | Yeah, I guess so. | 是的 我想是 |
[18:30] | I still think there’s a spot on the wall somewhere… | 我还在想在这块墙的某个地方 有一块污迹 |
[18:32] | where my dad took an order one day when he ran out of paper. | 那天他纸用完了 他把购货清单写在上面 |
[18:35] | – Really? Where? – I don’t know. | – 真的吗? 在哪 – 我不知道 |
[18:39] | Behind the counter maybe. | 可能在柜台后面 |
[18:42] | Next to the door. | 这个门附近 |
[18:46] | On the right side. | 右边 |
[18:49] | Here it is. | 在这 |
[18:52] | ‘Three hammers, Phillips-head screwdriver.’ | “三把锤子 菲氏螺丝起子” |
[18:54] | ‘Three boxes of nails in assorted sizes.’ | “三盒相符型号的钉子” |
[18:57] | I’ve seen it from time to time. | 我看过一次又一次 |
[19:03] | I guess it is time for a little spruce. | 我想是时候做一点小整理了 |
[19:06] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 是要 |
[19:09] | But let’s not spruce this particular spot. | 但是我们可以不清掉这个地方 |
[19:13] | – That sounds good. – Okay. | – 听起来不错 – 好吧 |
[19:21] | – Jeez. – No, don’t get up. | – 呀 – 不要 别起身 |
[19:23] | – Lf I don’t… – They’ll go away, trust me. | – 如果我不起身 – 他们会走的 相信我 |
[19:28] | They should be in there. | 他们应该在的 |
[19:29] | Anyway, just imagine it all in pastels. The whole thing. | 不管怎样 想象一下 所有的东西都漆上柔和色 所有的东西 |
[19:42] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不用谢 |
[19:50] | – I should go. – Oh, yeah. | – 我该走了 – 哦 是的 |
[19:57] | – It’s gonna be great. – I’m sure it is. | – 会很不错的 – 我确信 |
[20:01] | – See you. – See you. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[20:12] | – How’s it going? – Very well. | – 还好吗? – 非常好 |
[20:14] | I have discovered that, in addition to my lameness in geometry… | 我已经发现 除了我的几何学很烂之外… |
[20:17] | I also will not become a biologist, French translator, or Civil War buff. | 我也不可能成为生物学家 法语翻译家 内战行家… |
[20:22] | I guess that leaves bass player for the Foo Fighters. | 我猜这是你不听低音吉它 而改听Foo Fighters的原因 |
[20:25] | I also wouldn’t rule out keyboardist… | 我还要排除the Siouxsie and the Banshees (the Siouxsie and the Banshees著名朋克乐队) |
[20:27] | in the Siouxsie and the Banshees reunion tour. | 重组巡演的键盘手 |
[20:29] | I like that you keep an open mind. | 我喜欢这样让你心胸开放 |
[20:30] | – So, what’s up? – I need to borrow a CD. | – 有事吗? – 我要借一张CD |
[20:32] | – Which one? – The weird one. | – 哪一张? – 怪异的那张 |
[20:34] | I need more information. | 我需要更多提示 |
[20:36] | I don’t know which one it is, but if I saw it, l’d know. | 我不知道是哪一张 但我一看到 我就知道 |
[20:39] | Okay, let’s have a look. | 好吧 看看先 |
[20:43] | Okay, we have classic rock, progressive rock, pretty-boy rock… | 好的 这里有经典摇滚 前卫摇滚 还有美男摇滚… |
[20:48] | Excuse me? | 再说一遍? |
[20:49] | Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, The Wallflowers, Bush… | Bon Jovi Duran Duran The Wallflowers Bush… (主唱都是美男) |
[20:52] | Got it. Next? | 懂了 下一个? |
[20:55] | Punk, new wave, German metal bands… | 朋克 新浪潮 德国金属乐队… |
[21:00] | – Broadway soundtracks. – Interesting filing system. | – 百老汇系列 – 有趣的归档系统 |
[21:02] | – Anything yet? – Nope, sorry. | – 找到了吗? – 没有 不好意思 |
[21:05] | Over there, we have jazz, jazz vocals, classical, country… | 那边 有爵士乐 爵士人声 古典 乡村… |
[21:09] | rockabilly, Sinatra, The Capitol Years. Oh, wait. | 乡村摇滚 Sinatra Capitol岁月 噢 等等 (Frank Sinatra 50年代著名歌手) |
[21:12] | – The miscellaneous section. – That sounds right. | – 综合区 – 这个听起来没错 |
[21:17] | William Shatner | William Shatner. |
[21:18] | Is this the one where he sings Tambourine Man? | 这是他唱小手鼓男人的那张吗? |
[21:20] | And Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. | 还有天空中带钻石项链的Lucy |
[21:23] | Remind me to get this for my mom for her birthday. | 我妈生日的时候提醒我送这张给她 |
[21:25] | Oh, wait. That’s it. | 噢 等一下 就是这张 |
[21:29] | – Can I? – Take it. | – 我可以拿走吗? – 拿走吧 |
[21:30] | – Thanks. – So, what are you doing? | – 谢谢 – 你要做什么? |
[21:32] | – I’m not completely sure yet. – Okay, I want details. | – 我还不能完全确定 – 好吧 我要听细节 |
[21:55] | Oh, no. | 哦 不会吧 |
[22:00] | Do something. Show yourself. | 做点什么 展示一下 |
[22:03] | Molt, or chirp, or something. | 脱毛 或者唧唧叫一下 或者别的 |
[22:06] | This is so not funny. Not funny. | 这不好玩 不好玩 |
[22:10] | This is unbelievable. All day long, just chirps like a maniac… | 真是不敢相信 一天 像只疯鸟叫一下… |
[22:13] | at the top of her lungs. And now, nothing. Silence. | 到你肺活量极限 现在 什么都没有 一片死寂 |
[22:16] | Marcel Marceau chicken. | Marcel Marceau小鸟 (Marcel Marceau-法国默剧大师) |
[22:20] | That’s okay. I can fix this. We can fix this. | 好吧 我可以搞定 我们可以搞定 |
[22:23] | I’m going to make this better. | 我要让情况变好 |
[22:26] | I’m going to fix… | 我要搞定…. |
[22:29] | – Hello? – Yeah? | – 喂? – 什么事? |
[22:30] | Stella got out, and I don’t know… Do I put seed on the floor… | Stella跑出去了 我不知道… 我要洒种子在地板上吗? |
[22:34] | do I make cheeping sounds, or do I pull a Lucy Ricardo… | 还是我要吱吱叫 还是我惹恼了一只Lucy Ricardo… (Lucy Ricardo 美50年代卓越女性) |
[22:36] | and walk like a chicken so she thinks l’m her mother? | 还有像一只小鸟走路 让她以为是她妈妈? |
[22:39] | – Who is this? – What do you mean? It’s Lorelai. | – 你是谁? – 你什么意思? 我是Lorelai |
[22:41] | Who else would call you looking for her chick? | 还有别人打电话给你让我帮她找小鸟 |
[22:43] | You’re right. I’m the idiot. Go on. | 你说得没错 我是笨蛋 接着讲 |
[22:45] | Could you come over here, please, and help me? | 你可以过来吗? 拜托 帮我? |
[22:50] | Yeah, okay. I’ll be right over. | 是 好的 我快做完了 |
[22:54] | Okay, hurry. | 好的 快点 |
[23:02] | Thank God. Get in here. | 谢天谢地 快进来 |
[23:05] | This place is a disaster. What’s going on? | 这地方乱七八糟 发生什么事了? |
[23:08] | Okay, the last sighting was here, by the InStyle magazine. | 好吧 最后看到它是在这里 在Instyle杂志旁边 |
[23:12] | But then she burrowed through the Glamour, jumped over the Cosmo… | 但是 然后它就”挖”了一个地洞 穿过Glamour杂志 跳过Cosmo杂志 |
[23:15] | and knocked over a bottle of nail polish. | 还有打翻一瓶指甲油 |
[23:17] | So if there was any doubt that this chick was a girl… | 所以如果有任何值得怀疑的话 就是它是母的… |
[23:20] | there isn’t anymore. | 没别的了 |
[23:21] | – Okay, there she is. – Jeez, what was that? | – 好吧 它在那里 – 呀 那是什么? |
[23:26] | – You really do have a chick loose in here. – Yeah, I told you. | – 你真的放了一只鸟在这里 – 是的 我告诉过你 |
[23:29] | There she goes by the kitchen! | 那里 它去厨房那边了 |
[23:31] | – Don’t step on her! – She cut right in front of me. | – 别踩到它 – 它正好截在我前面 |
[23:34] | She’s being graded, so don’t squash her. | 它要打分的 所以别压扁它 |
[23:36] | Tell her to watch where she’s going. | 告诉它让它看着点 |
[23:41] | Hello? | 喂? |
[23:42] | I wasn’t sure if you still wanted me to come over. | 我不太确认你是否还想让我过来 |
[23:45] | – I do, I absolutely do. – Are you sure? | – 我想 我肯定想 – 你确定吗? |
[23:49] | Yeah, l’m totally and completely… | 是的 我真心实意地.. |
[23:53] | – You’re teasing me. – Yeah, a little. | – 你在笑我? – 是的 有一点 |
[23:55] | But I did appreciate the enthusiasm. | 但是我真的很感谢你的热情 |
[23:58] | – So how long until you get here? – Actually, not long at all. | – 那你到这里要多久? – 其实 不要多久 |
[24:02] | – Why? Where are you? – Right outside. | – 为什么?你在哪里? – 就在外面 |
[24:13] | – What the… – Honey, you’re home. | – 这是什么… – 亲爱的 你回来了 |
[24:21] | Say something. | 说话呀 |
[24:24] | Trick or treat? | 诡计还是宴请? |
[24:26] | – What, you don’t like it? – No, I do. | – 什么 你不喜欢? – 没有 我喜欢 |
[24:31] | It’s got a large circumference. | 裙摆很大 |
[24:33] | Thank you. Now come on in. It’s cold outside. | 谢谢 快进来 外面很冷 |
[24:44] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[24:49] | Here, let me take your coat. | 来 我帮你拿外套 |
[24:51] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不用谢 |
[24:57] | – Interesting music. – I’m glad you like it. | – 音乐蛮有意思的 – 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[25:01] | – So what’s that? – Just some appetizers before dinner. | – 那是什麽? – 只是些晚饭前的开味甜品 |
[25:04] | – Before dinner? – Yes. | – 晚饭前? – 是的 |
[25:06] | – Are we going out? – No. | – 我们要出去吃吗? – 不是 |
[25:08] | – Ordering pizza? – Nope. | – 定了披萨? – 没有 |
[25:11] | – So… – I made you dinner. | – 那… – 我做了饭给你吃 |
[25:13] | – Excuse me? – Steak, green beans, mashed potatoes… | – 什么? – 牛排 绿豆 还有土豆泥… |
[25:16] | – You made me dinner? – That’s right. | – 你做了饭给我吃? – 没错 |
[25:18] | – You made me dinner? – And dessert. | – 你做了饭给我吃? – 还有餐后甜点 |
[25:22] | – Okay, what is going on here? – I’m sorry, I thought it was obvious. | – 好吧 这里怎么回事? – 不好意思 我以为这很明显了 |
[25:26] | It’s Donna Reed night. | Donna Reed之夜 |
[25:31] | – I swear she went over there. – We looked over there. | – 我发誓它过那边去了 – 我们找过那里了 |
[25:34] | She went under that chair and didn’t come out. | 它又去凳子那边了 就没出来了 |
[25:36] | We moved the chair, we searched the floor. Nothing. | 我们移开了凳子 还找了地上 什么都没有 |
[25:39] | – Then she went through a hole in the floor. – There’s no hole in the floor. | – 然后它又钻进地板的一个洞 – 地板上没洞 |
[25:42] | Maybe there was a hole, and she crawled through it and fixed it. | 也许地板上有一个洞 它钻过去 又堵住了 |
[25:46] | Then she’s a super-intelligent chick with great physical and deductive skills. | 那它就是只又超级聪明 体格又好 还懂推理技巧的小鸟 |
[25:51] | This is not a chick I wanna find. | 这不是我想找的那只 |
[25:54] | – Hey, Luke, what did you mean earlier? – What are you talking about? | – 嘿 Luke 你之前是什么意思? – 你在说什么? |
[25:57] | When you got here, you made some comment… | 你刚到时候 你说了一些… |
[26:00] | about me not really having a chick in the house. | 关於我真的有了一只小鸟在房子里 |
[26:03] | I mean, if I didn’t have a chick here, why did you think I was calling? | 我是说 如果我没有一只小鸟在这里 那你以为我为什么要打电话给你? |
[26:06] | No, I thought you were calling about the chick. | 没有 我想你是为了小鸟才打电话给我 |
[26:10] | – It didn’t seem like it. – Maybe it didn’t seem like it, but it was. | – 看起来不太像 – 也许看起来不像 但是确实是 |
[26:13] | Was what? | 是什么? |
[26:16] | Was what I… thought. Can we just keep looking? | 是我想的….那样 我们可以接着找吗? |
[26:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:21] | – I just still think… – There she is. | – 我只是在想…. – 它在那 |
[26:24] | – Where? – There. | – 哪里? – 那里 |
[26:28] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[26:30] | Well? | 怎样? |
[26:33] | – What can I say? – You can say it’s perfect. | – 我该怎么说呢? – 你可以说真是太完美了 |
[26:36] | – It’s perfect. – Thank you. | – 太完美了 – 谢谢 |
[26:38] | How is it really? | 说真的怎么样? |
[26:40] | – It’s perfect. – Yeah? | – 很完美 – 是吗? |
[26:42] | It’s amazing. I’ve never had anyone make dinner for me before. | 这太不可思议了 之前还从没有人为我做过饭 |
[26:46] | Except my mom, and believe me, it’s not the same. | 除了我妈妈外 相信我 这不一样 |
[26:49] | I’m extremely glad to hear that. | 我非常高兴听到这个 |
[26:52] | Wait. You wanna save room for dessert, right? | 慢着 你想要留点肚子吃餐后甜点 对吗? |
[26:55] | That’s right. So, what’s for dessert? | 没错 那么 有什么甜点? |
[26:58] | Lime Fantasy Supreme. | 酸橙梦幻巨无霸 |
[27:01] | Which is… | 是什么… |
[27:12] | – Green Jell-O and Cool Whip. – You are insane. | – 绿色吉露果子冻和冻奶油杯 – 你真是疯了 |
[27:17] | Oh, no. I forgot to make the rolls. | 哦 不是吧 忘记做蛋卷了 |
[27:20] | – What? – I was gonna make rolls. | – 什么? – 我本来要做蛋卷的 |
[27:22] | – That’s okay. – I can’t believe I forgot them. | – 没关系 – 真不敢相信我忘记这个 |
[27:27] | – What are you doing? – I’ll make them now. | – 你要干什麽? – 我要现在做 |
[27:29] | Hold on. Come on. | 等等 拜托 |
[27:33] | We really don’t need rolls. | 我们真地不需要蛋卷 |
[27:35] | Donna Reed would have never forgotten the rolls. | Donna Reed决不会忘记蛋卷的 |
[27:37] | They’re gonna make me turn in my pearls. | 他们会收回我的珍珠的 |
[27:46] | I promise l’ll kick anyone’s butt who comes near those pearls. | 我保证有人走近那些珍珠的话 我会给他们当头一棒 |
[27:58] | As really amazing as this whole thing was… | 所有的东西太让我惊奇了… |
[28:01] | I mean, the music, the outfit, the dinner… | 我是说 音乐 你这身打扮 晚餐… |
[28:05] | I hope you know that I don’t expect you to be Donna Reed. | 我希望你知道 我从没期望你成为Donna Reed |
[28:07] | And I don’t want you to be Donna Reed. That’s not what I meant. | 且我也不希望你成为Donna Reed 这不是我的本意 |
[28:10] | This just totally got blown out of proportion. | 这只会变得有点夸张 |
[28:13] | I’m actually pretty happy with you. | 其实我和你在一起很开心 |
[28:16] | I know and I appreciate that, but aside from this actually being fun… | 我知道 我也很感激 但是除了这样之外 |
[28:20] | I did a little research on Donna Reed. | 我还对Donna Reed做了一点小小的研究 |
[28:22] | – You did research on Donna Reed? – Look. | – 你研究Donna Reed? – 听着 |
[28:27] | She did do the whole milk and cookies, wholesome, big-skirt thing. | 她确实做过牛奶曲奇 打扫卫生 穿着大裙子 |
[28:31] | But aside from that… | 但是除了这个之外… |
[28:33] | she was an uncredited producer and director on her television show… | 她也是这个节目未署名的制作人兼导演… |
[28:36] | which made her one of the first woman TV executives… | 这让她成为首位女性电视制作人之一…. |
[28:39] | which is actually pretty impressive. | 真让人印象深刻 |
[28:41] | I’m glad this turned out to be such a positive experience for you. | 我很高兴这最终对你有正面的影响 |
[28:44] | It has been. | 已经是了 |
[28:45] | And though l’ll probably never get the feeling back in my little toe… | 还有 虽然我可能无法全身心感受… |
[28:49] | – l’d do it again. – Yeah? | – 我还会再做的 – 是吗? |
[28:51] | Someday. But for now, I better get these dishes cleaned up. | 某一天 但是现在 我还是先把这些盘子洗了 |
[28:55] | I’ll help. | 我来帮忙 |
[28:56] | Sorry, you’re a man. You can’t help for another 15 years. | 对不起 你是男生 你今后15年都不能帮我 |
[29:01] | Okay, then as the man, I will do what the man is supposed to do. | 好吧 那么作为一个男人 我会做男人该做的事 |
[29:05] | – Go bowling? – Take out the trash. | – 打保龄? – 倒垃圾 |
[29:08] | She’s never going anywhere ever again. | 它哪都去不了啦 |
[29:12] | I think l’ll put Superglue on the bottom of the cage. | 我觉得我应该涂一点强力胶 在笼子底部 |
[29:15] | That would be bad, right? I know staples are bad… | 这样不太好 对吧? 我知道订书针也不好… |
[29:18] | – but what’s the verdict on Superglue? – Ask Stella. | – 强力胶怎样? – 问Stella |
[29:21] | You don’t have to do that. | 不用你来做 |
[29:23] | This stuff is sharp. I wanna get it out of the way. | 这些东西很锋利 我想把它拿开点 |
[29:27] | – Thanks for helping. – No problem. | – 谢谢来帮忙 – 没问题 |
[29:29] | I’m gonna throw this stuff outside. | 我去把这个东西扔出去 |
[29:50] | – What are you doing here? – What are you doing? | – 你在这里做什麽? – 你在做什麽? |
[29:52] | – You first. – I’m looking for a chick. | – 你先说 – 我在找一只小鸟 |
[29:55] | – Yeah, me, too. – You are not. | – 是 我也是 – 你不是 |
[29:57] | Neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[29:59] | Hey, Luke, is there… | 嘿 Luke 这里有…. |
[30:05] | Lorelai hi Lorelai, hi. | |
[30:06] | – Fancy meeting you here. – Yeah. | – 在这里见到你很奇怪 – 没错 |
[30:10] | The Jell-O’s doing this weird melty thing and I… | 吉露果子冻融了之后怪怪的 我…. |
[30:15] | Mom, Luke. | 妈妈 Luke |
[30:16] | – Rory – Hi – Rory. – Hi. | |
[30:18] | – What the hell are you two doing? – Nothing, she… | – 你们俩到底在做什麽? – 没什么 她… |
[30:21] | We ate dinner. Steak and beans… | 我们吃了晚餐 牛排 豆子… |
[30:24] | Canned, not fresh. | 罐装的 不是新鲜的 |
[30:26] | – And potatoes. – From a box. | – 还有土豆 – 从一个盒子拿的 |
[30:28] | But they were still good. | 但是还是不错 |
[30:29] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不用谢 |
[30:31] | What were you guys doing? | 你们两个在干吗? |
[30:35] | I was in the house. | 我呆在房子里 |
[30:36] | And the lamp sort of… l’m gonna get going. I’m sorry about the… | 这个灯有一点… 我要走了 我对此很抱歉… |
[30:40] | – Forget it. – Okay, bye. | – 忘了吧 – 好吧 再见 |
[30:42] | Yeah, l’d probably better go, too. | 是的 我也该走了 |
[30:44] | – Thanks for dinner. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你的晚餐 – 不用谢 |
[30:48] | What? | 什麽? |
[30:50] | Okay, you’re 16, you have a whole house to yourself for the evening. | 好吧 你16岁了 你今晚拥有这套房子 |
[30:54] | I expect you’re gonna have your boyfriend over. | 我原本也希望你叫你男朋友过来 |
[30:56] | But what is with the apron? | 但是围裙是怎麽回事? |
[30:59] | – It’s a long story. – Did it involve a sharp blow to the head? | – 一言难尽 – 包不包括脑袋被打了? |
[31:02] | I gotta go check on Apricot. | 我要去看看Apricot |
[31:04] | – Oh, my God. I just saw the pearls. – I’m going in now. | – 哦 天啦 我刚看到珍珠 – 我进去啦 |
[31:07] | I’m going inside, too, because I have to write down… | 我也要进去了 因为我一定要写下来… |
[31:10] | how l’m gonna torture you about that outfit. | 怎么拷问你关於这套装束 |
[31:12] | – Good night. – Could I get a picture though? | – 晚安 – 我可以照一张相吗? |
[31:15] | Because visual aids would really help. The shoes. I’m dying. | 因为视觉帮助会很有效 还有鞋子 我要死了 |
[31:25] | – Mom, I can’t find Apricot! – What? No. | – 妈妈 我找不到Apricot! – 什么? 不要 |
[31:29] | She was on the couch when I came out, and now nowhere. | 我刚出来的时候它还在沙发上 现在却找不到了 |
[31:32] | That’s it! We are not animal people, period. | 就是这样 我们不是擅长养动物的人 句号 |
[31:42] | It was a tiny little favor. | 这只是一个小忙 |
[31:44] | – We have had this discussion before. – You are being unreasonable. | – 我们之前已经讨论过了 – 你简直不可理喻 |
[31:47] | – I have my standards. – But this is a simple request. | – 我有我的原则 – 但这只是一个简单的请求 |
[31:50] | You are asking me to compromise my artistic and culinary values. | 你在要我妥协我的艺术及烹饪价值 |
[31:54] | – Michel wanted an egg-white omelet? – Yes. | – Michel要一份煎蛋卷? – 是的 |
[31:56] | – Crazy man. – Why am I a crazy man? | – 疯子 – 为什么我是疯子? |
[31:59] | I had no time for breakfast today. | 我今早上没时间吃早餐 |
[32:01] | So I nicely asked her to make me an egg-white omelet… | 所以我礼貌地请她帮我做一份煎蛋卷…. |
[32:03] | with some tomatoes, mushroom, a little chives, and she gives me this. | 放一点蕃茄 蘑菇 还有一点细香葱 她给我这个 |
[32:07] | – What is this? – A three-egg omelet… | – 这是什麽? – 一份煎蛋卷 |
[32:09] | with goat cheese, pancetta, cooked in a sherry olive oil. | 放了山羊酪 培根 用雪利橄榄油煎的 |
[32:12] | I don’t eat dairy or meat. You know this. | 我不吃奶制品和肉 你知道的 |
[32:14] | I am a chef, Michel. It is my job to make food that tastes good. | 我是厨师 Michel 我的工作就是让食物好吃 |
[32:18] | – And you do. – But I can’t eat like that and look like her. | – 你做到了 – 但是我不能吃这样的东西 像她一样 |
[32:21] | – You don’t know what you’re missing. – That’ll kill you. | – 你不知道你错过了什么 – 这个会杀死你 |
[32:24] | – You gotta go someday. – Someday, this will catch up to you. | – 你也会有那么一天 – 某一天 它会跟着你 |
[32:26] | You’ll become the balloon lady, and with the luck of God, I will be here to enjoy it. | 你会变成一个气球女 受到上帝的眷顾 我会在这里欣赏的 |
[32:35] | – You make a good egg-white omelet. – I know. | – 你做的煎蛋卷很好吃 – 我知道 |
[32:39] | – Who wants to hear about my night? – Oh, me. | – 你想听听我昨晚的遭遇吗? – 噢 要 |
[32:42] | It started with Rory’s baby chick getting loose in the house… | 从Rory的小鸟从笼子里放出来开始… |
[32:45] | and ended with Rory and I up at 1:00 in the morning… | 到我和Rory今天凌晨1:00才睡结束…. |
[32:47] | Iooking for Babbette’s new kitten, who we found asleep in the piano. | 找Babbette的新小猫 后来发现它睡在钢琴里面 |
[32:50] | – Wow, that’s very Wild Kingdom of you. – I’m the Marlin Perkins of Stars Hollow. | – Wow 你家真是动物王国 – 我是Stars Hollow的Marlin Perkins (Marlin Perkins 制作并主持”动物王国”节目) |
[32:55] | – You want some coffee? – Please. | – 你要咖啡吗? – 要 |
[32:56] | – So, how’s Rory’s chick? – Better than my lemon lamp. | – 那Rory的小鸟怎么样了? – 比我的柠檬灯好 |
[32:59] | – What’s wrong with your lemon lamp? – Luke killed it. | – 你的柠檬灯怎么了? – Luke打烂了 |
[33:02] | – On purpose? – I can’t prove it, but I will. | – 有意的? – 我没办法证明 但是我会的 |
[33:04] | What was Luke doing there? | Luke在那里做什么? |
[33:05] | I called him when I got home and Stella wasn’t there. | Stella找不到的时候我打给他的 |
[33:08] | – Stella is the chick? – Yes. | – Stella是那只小鸟? – 是的 |
[33:10] | – I like that name. – Yeah, Streetcar Named Desire. | – 我喜欢这个名字 – 是的 <<欲望号街车>> (Stella和Stanley是欲号号街车里的角色名) |
[33:12] | – Vivien Leigh or Jessica Tandy? – Hello! Tandy. | – 费雯.丽还是Jessica Tandy? – 你好 Tandy (费雯.丽为欲号号街车主演 Jessica Tandy著名演员) |
[33:14] | Of course, continue. | 当然 继续 |
[33:16] | So I evaluated the situation in my usual calm, cool, collected manner… | 所以我衡量了通常的形式 冷静下来 拾起礼节…. |
[33:20] | and then I called Luke to help me track her down. | 然后我打电话给Luke让他来帮我找 |
[33:22] | – That’s when he broke the lamp? – He’s not very graceful. | – 就是那时候他打坏灯了? – 他不是很礼貌 |
[33:25] | – He said the weirdest thing. – ‘May I break your lamp?’ | – 他讲了一句最奇怪的话 – ‘我可以打烂你的灯吗?’ |
[33:27] | He got there and I was looking for Stella… | 他来的时候 我还在找Stella… |
[33:29] | and he said, ‘You really have a baby chick loose in the house.’ | 然后他就说”你真地放了一只小鸟在这屋里” |
[33:32] | Like I made that up or… I don’t know. | 好像是我编的或是….我不懂 |
[33:35] | – Well. – Well what? | – 好吧 – 好什么? |
[33:37] | You call someone and say, ‘Can you come and help me look for my loose chick?’ | 你打电话给某人说 “你可以过来帮我找我放的鸟吗?” |
[33:41] | – It’s a little… – A little what? | – 有一点… – 有一点什饿? |
[33:43] | It sounds like a code for, ‘l’m not wearing any underwear.’ | 听起来像是”我没穿内衣”的暗号 |
[33:45] | That’s not the code for, ‘l’m not wearing any underwear.’ | 这暗号不是”我没穿内衣”的意思 |
[33:49] | Sookie, you’re not serious. | Sookie 你讲真的? |
[33:51] | – Look, the first time Jackson and I… – Yeah. | – 听着 我和Jackson第一次… – 我懂 |
[33:55] | I called him up and told him I had a bat in my attic. | 我打电话给他 告诉他说我的阁楼上有一只蝙蝠 |
[33:58] | Honey, you do have a bat in your attic. | 亲爱的 你阁楼上确实有只蝙蝠 |
[34:00] | So he came over and we went in the attic… | 然后他过来 我们一起进了阁楼… |
[34:02] | and we both knew there was no bat, but we pretended to look for it. | 我们两个都知道没有什么蝙蝠 但是我们都假装去找 |
[34:06] | Then when we couldn’t find the bat… | 然后当我们都找不到这只蝙蝠的时候… |
[34:08] | we went downstairs and had a bottle of wine and… | 我们下楼 喝了瓶酒 然后…. |
[34:11] | So you’re saying Luke thought I made up a crazy story… | 所以你的意思是说 Luke以为我编了这个疯狂的… |
[34:14] | about having some chick loose in the house just to get him in bed? | 关于放了只鸟在房子里的故事 就是为了要和他上床? |
[34:17] | Not to get him in bed. Maybe he thought you wanted to see him… | 不是要和他上床 他可能以为你想见他… |
[34:20] | – and didn’t know how to say it. – That’s nuts. | – 只是你不知道怎么开口 – 一派胡言 |
[34:22] | A woman asking a man to come over late at night to her house. Come on. | 一个女人要一个男人晚上过她家 拜托 |
[34:26] | Yeah, but this is Luke we’re talking about. | 是 但是我们讲的是Luke |
[34:29] | – Why did you call him? – Because I needed help. | – 你为什么要打给他? – 因为我需要人帮忙 |
[34:31] | – Why didn’t you call me? – I assumed you’d be with Jackson. | – 你为什么不打给我 – 我猜你和Jackson在一起 |
[34:34] | – I did. – Why didn’t you call Rory? | – 的确 – 你为什么不打给Rory? |
[34:35] | She’d have been furious to know Stella was lost. | 她知道Stell失踪一定会很光火 |
[34:38] | Why didn’t you call Patty? She raises chickens. | 你为什么不打给Patty? 她养小鸟 |
[34:40] | Or Andrew? He lives around the corner, doesn’t he? | 或者Andrew?他就住在街角 不是吗? |
[34:42] | – What is your point? – My point is that you called Luke. | – 你的重点是什么? – 我的重点是你打给Luke |
[34:45] | Out of all the people you could have called… | 而不是打给你原本应该找的人…. |
[34:47] | that would have come and dropped what they were doing, you called Luke. | 那些会放下手头的事 马上赶过来的人 你却打给了Luke |
[34:51] | Because I had just been with him. We were picking out paint samples. | 因为我刚还和他在一起 我们一起挑选油漆色 |
[34:55] | He was on my mind. It was purely a timing thing. | 他就出现在我脑海里 这只是很单纯的时间问题 |
[34:57] | – Picking out paint samples? – Yes. | – 挑选油漆色? – 是的 |
[35:00] | – For Luke’s place? – Yes. | – 为Luke的店 – 没错 |
[35:02] | – So you could paint together? – Once again, yes. | – 所以会一起粉刷? – 没错 |
[35:05] | Which, I believe, was your idea. | 我想这是你的主意 |
[35:06] | So now the fact that I suggested painting Luke’s diner… | 所以现在事实就是 我劝Luke粉刷他的饭店… |
[35:09] | also means that I wanted to get him in bed. | 也暗示着我想和他上床 |
[35:11] | Suddenly l’m trying to get any poor, unsuspecting person in bed with me. | 忽然间 我就试着让一个乏味 信任的人和我上床. |
[35:15] | I’m like Michael Douglas. | 我就像Michael Douglas |
[35:16] | – Lorelai, this… – I just… Thanks for the omelet. | – Lorelai 这… – 我只是 谢谢你的煎蛋卷 |
[35:20] | No, honey, l’m sorry. Don’t be mad at me. | 不要 亲爱的 对不起 别生我气 |
[35:24] | – I’m not mad. I’m tired. – Okay. | – 我没生气 我只是累了 – 好吧 |
[35:28] | You know, Luke is a really nice man. | 你知道的 Luke是个好男人 |
[35:32] | Bye, Sookie. | 再见 Sookie |
[35:44] | – We thought the doorbell wasn’t working. – Come in. | – 我们想门铃应该是坏了 – 进来 |
[35:46] | We were ringing it and ringing it, and nobody… | 我们按了好多次 没人… |
[35:49] | I guess we’ll just come in. | 我想我们进来就好 |
[35:51] | That’d be the same as what we were paying for our old place? | 我们要付和我们老房子一样多钱? |
[35:54] | Exactly the same. | 一样多 |
[35:55] | – Except for the grounds fees. – The grounds fee is higher. | – 除了土地费 – 这个土地费高些 |
[35:58] | – But the grounds are larger. – I’m just trying to get all the information. | – 但这块土地大些 – 我正试着搜集所有的资料 |
[36:02] | All the information… | 所有的资料…. |
[36:03] | is that this is our last chance to go to Martha’s Vineyard for the season. | 是这是我们这季去Martha葡萄园最后的机会 |
[36:08] | I realize the position we are in, but this is a business transaction. | 我认识到我们的处境 但这是生意 |
[36:11] | For heaven’s sake. | 看到老天的份上 |
[36:13] | As a business transaction… | 做生意… |
[36:15] | one in which money goes out and we receive goods and services… | 就是钱付出去 我们得到货品和服务… |
[36:18] | And he’s patronizing me. How lovely. | 他在施舍我 真好心! |
[36:21] | I must treat this conversation with the same care and devotion to detail… | 我必须用同样的认真和专心 来对待这次谈话的细节 |
[36:24] | I would any conversation that would be considered a business transaction. | 我愿意任何对话都能被视为商业交易 |
[36:28] | Kindly allow me to do so. | 请你允许我这么做 |
[36:30] | – Richard, Emily, please. – Goodness, you startled me. | – Richard Emily 拜托 – 老天 你吓到我了 |
[36:33] | I’m sorry. I just wanted to say l’m sure we could negotiate the grounds fee. | 对不起 我只是想说我确定 关於土地费我们还可以商谈 |
[36:37] | That’ll be fine. | 这太好了 |
[36:39] | Good. I’ll get into this right now and get back to you. | 好的 我现在就去谈再回你 |
[36:42] | – Thank you, John. – Yes, we’ll talk to you later. | – 谢谢 John – 不用 我们稍后再谈 |
[36:44] | Bye. | 再见 |
[36:46] | Careful, Richard. | 谨慎点 Richard. |
[36:47] | That canary you ate is going to spoil your dinner. | 你吞的那点东西会毁了你的晚餐的 |
[36:50] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[36:51] | Your mom and I secured a place on Martha’s Vineyard. | 你妈妈和我看中了Martha葡萄园的一个地方 |
[36:54] | – That’s great! – I thought you lost your old place. | – 这太好了! – 我还以为你们失去了原来那个地方 |
[36:56] | We did, but this afternoon we found out that Arthur Roundtree had died. | 是失去了 但是今天下午 我们得知Arthur Roundtree过世了 |
[37:00] | He’d been drinking. | 他嗜酒 |
[37:02] | So we got on the phone and snatched that place up. | 然后我们打电话 把这个地方夺过来 |
[37:04] | – It’s a fine piece of property. – Much better view than our usual place. | – 是块不错的地 – 景色我们以前住的还好 |
[37:08] | Both of you are going to hell. I hope you know that. | 你们两个都会下地狱 我希望你们知道这一点 |
[37:11] | At least we’ll be well-rested. | 至少我们会得到好归宿 |
[37:13] | Touche. | 讲得好 |
[37:14] | – I am so thrilled about this. – I’m glad. | – 我听到这个很震惊 – 我很高兴 |
[37:17] | The two of you must come up for the weekend. It is so lovely. | 你们两个周末要过去看看 那地方真的不错 |
[37:20] | – Rory would just love it. – Can we go for a weekend? | – Rory一定会喜欢的 – 我们周末可以去吗? |
[37:23] | We’ll see how much Valium Aunty Sookie can lend me. | 我们还要看Sookie阿姨能借多少安定药给我 |
[37:25] | The only drawback is that we had to rent the place furnished… | 唯一的遗憾是我们还得租这里的家俱… |
[37:29] | and Arthur had dreadful taste. Remember the library, Richard? | Arthur的品味太差了 还记得那个图书馆吗? Richard |
[37:34] | Pink and green. It was just horrible. | 粉红配绿 太恐怖了 |
[37:37] | – He’s dead now, so he got his. – Lorelai, you’re being morbid. | – 他现在死了 就该这么讲他 – Lorelai 你有病呀 |
[37:41] | – I’m being morbid? – New subject, please. | – 我有病? – 换个话题 麻烦 |
[37:42] | Joan and Melissa Rivers here think l’m being morbid. | Joan和Melissa Rivers认为我有病 (Joan和Melissa Rivers母女 美著名主持人) |
[37:45] | – Rory, what’s new in your life? – Nothing. Just school, homework. | – Rory 有什么新的事情? – 没有 只有上学 家庭作业 |
[37:49] | – Aprons. – Do not go there. | – 围裙 – 别说这个 |
[37:51] | – What does she mean? – Nothing, I was just teasing her. | – 她什么意思? – 没什么 我只是在取笑她 |
[37:53] | – About aprons? – Yeah. | – 关於围裙? – 是的 |
[37:55] | – I don’t understand. – It’s not important. | – 我不明白 – 没什么重要的 |
[37:57] | Then humor me. | 那就迎合我 |
[37:58] | Nothing. Rory dressed up in a cute apron the other day. | 没什么 Rory有一天穿了一件可爱的围裙 |
[38:01] | I was teasing her about it. | 我在笑她这个 |
[38:02] | Why did you get dressed up in an apron? | 你为什么要穿围裙? |
[38:06] | We’ve decided to give up on that pesky Harvard dream… | 我们决定放弃那个恼人的哈佛梦… |
[38:09] | and focus on something more realistic. | 集中精力做一些更现实的事 |
[38:11] | Mom, Dad, Rory’s decided to become a maid, just like I was. | 妈妈 爸爸 Rory决定去当女佣 像我以前那样 |
[38:16] | Is that funny? Did she think it was funny? | 这好玩吗?她认为这是好玩吗? |
[38:20] | – What made you say such a thing? – And in front of Rory? | – 是什么让你说这种话? – 还在Rory面前? |
[38:22] | – I was kidding. – God, my heart stopped. | – 我在开玩笑 – 上帝 我心跳都停了 |
[38:26] | Why don’t you tell them about your bird? That’s a safe subject. | 你为什么不和她们说说你的鸟? 安全的话题 |
[38:29] | – Your bird? – Yeah, it’s for school. | – 你的鸟? – 是的 教学用的 |
[38:32] | Each of us has to follow a chick through its growth process. | 每个人都要去探究小鸟生长过程 |
[38:34] | Everything must be logged. Eating and sleeping habits. | 记录所有的东西 吃饭睡觉习惯 |
[38:37] | Houdini habits. | Houdini习惯 (意指喜欢逃跑的习惯) |
[38:38] | – She got out. – She ran far. | – 它逃出来 – 跑得远远的 |
[38:40] | – But she lived. – She’s a better bird for it. | – 但它还活着 – 还算是只好鸟 |
[38:42] | – Thank God Luke found her. – Luke found her? | – 感谢上天 Luke找到它了 – Luke找到它了? |
[38:44] | – What? – Rory said Luke found her. | – 什么? – Rory说Luke找到它了 |
[38:47] | Getting me back for the apron thing? | 又要让我带回到围裙事件? |
[38:48] | – Did the bird get loose in Luke’s diner? – No, the bird got loose at home. | – 这只鸟放在Luke的店里? – 不是 这只鸟放在家里 |
[38:53] | – Your home? – Yes. | – 你的家? – 是 |
[38:56] | – So, Grandpa, when’s your next trip? – Madrid, the twelfth. | – 姥爷 你下一次要去哪里旅游? – 马德里 第12次 |
[39:00] | There’s a nice edition of Cervantes in it for you. | 到时带一本精版本的塞凡提斯给你 (塞凡提斯-<堂吉诃德>作者) |
[39:03] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[39:04] | – What was Luke doing at your house? – Look, there’s no ice. I’ll get some. | – Luke在你家干吗? – 看 没冰块了 我去拿 |
[39:09] | – I asked you a question. – He was helping me find the bird, Mom. | – 我在问你问题 – 他帮我找鸟 妈妈 |
[39:12] | – Really? – Yes, really. | – 真的? – 没错 真的 |
[39:14] | And how did he know the bird was missing? | 他怎么知道鸟失踪了? |
[39:16] | Was he strolling by your house and he heard your plaintive cries for help? | 是他在你房子旁边游荡 然后他听到的寻求帮助的哭声? |
[39:19] | Or the helpless cheep of a chick in trouble? | 亦或是这只无助的唧唧叫的小鸟惹麻烦了? |
[39:22] | I called him, Mom, okay? | 我打给他的 妈妈 好了吗? |
[39:23] | I called him and asked him to come over and help me find the bird, okay? | 我打给他让过来帮我找鸟 好吧? |
[39:27] | This man is always around when you’re in trouble. | 这男人在你有麻烦的时候总在你身边 |
[39:29] | – He’s a good friend. – Please. | – 他是个好朋友 – 拜托 |
[39:31] | – Do we have to discuss this? – I’m getting a little tired of being lied to. | – 我们一定要讨论这个吗? – 我开始有点讨厌被骗了 |
[39:35] | Apparently we do. | 显然我们都是 |
[39:36] | This man was at Rory’s birthday party. He came to the hospital with you. | 这个男人出现在Rory的生日会 和你一起来医院 |
[39:40] | He’s the male lead in every story you tell. You go to the diner every single day. | 他是你讲的所有故事的男主角 你每天都去他的餐馆 |
[39:44] | I’ve seen how he looks at you, the way you look at him. I’m not a fool. | 我看见过他看你的方式 你看他的方式 我不蠢 |
[39:48] | Mom, please. | 妈妈 拜托 |
[39:49] | Why do you treat me like I don’t have a clue as to what is going on in your life? | 为什么你把我看成对你生活一无所知的人 |
[39:53] | Now l’m asking you, as a favor… | 现在我问你 就当帮忙… |
[39:55] | if you have any respect for me at all as your mother, just tell me. | 如果你尊敬我是你妈 就告诉我 |
[39:59] | Do you have feelings for this man? | 你对这个男人有感觉吗? |
[40:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:07] | Maybe I do. I haven’t given it that much thought. | 也许有 这个我没想太多 |
[40:12] | Maybe I do. | 也许我有 |
[40:14] | Thank you. I’m glad you were finally honest with me. | 谢谢 我很高兴你最终对我诚实 |
[40:17] | Now we can discuss what on earth you could possibly be thinking. | 现在我们可以讨论你到底可能在想什么 |
[40:21] | Don’t forget the ice. | 别忘了拿冰块 |
[40:39] | So you’re sure we need this many cans? | 你确定我们需要这么多罐吗? |
[40:41] | Yeah, you need enough for two coats, touchups and little spots. | 没错 你要足够的漆去刷两层 还要润色 还有小污迹 |
[40:46] | No, l’m not sure. | 不 我不太确定 |
[40:48] | We got the paint, the brushes… | 我们买了油漆 刷子 |
[40:50] | the tarps, and all the other stuff the paint guy said we’d need. | 防油布 还有油漆店的人说我们需要的一些东西 |
[40:54] | – So I guess we’re ready. – Yes, we are. | – 我猜我们准备好了 – 是的 万事俱备 |
[40:56] | The only thing left to do is figure out when. | 只欠确定什么时候粉刷 |
[40:59] | – How about Friday? – Friday? | – 周五怎么样? – 周五? |
[41:00] | You don’t want this lying around. I don’t know if paint goes bad. | 你不想这些放得到处都是 我不懂确认油漆是否变质 |
[41:03] | But judging by the smell when it’s fresh, rotten paint would be gross. | 但是通过气味判断是否新鲜 变质漆会很稠 |
[41:06] | Don’t you meet your folks on Friday? | 你周五不是要见你的父母吗? |
[41:08] | Yeah, but I can get out early for a special occasion. | 没错 但是因为特殊情形我可以早回来 |
[41:11] | – Friday it is. – Good. | – 就定周五 – 好的 |
[41:17] | – Hey. – Hey, you. | – 嘿 – 嘿 你 |
[41:19] | – Jeez, you think you got enough paint? – I know, I tried to tell him. | – 呀 你们觉得买够了吗? – 我知道 我试过告诉他 |
[41:22] | – So dinner. Thoughts? – Let’s have some. | – 中饭 怎样? – 我们去吃 |
[41:25] | – How about Chinese? – Sounds good. | – 中餐怎样? – 不错 |
[41:26] | I need to stop at the market and get fruit. | 我要去市场买点水果 |
[41:28] | – Why? – I think l’m getting scurvy. | – 为什么? – 我觉得我要得坏血病 |
[41:30] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[41:31] | That or a cold. But, either way, I need some fruit. | 或许是感冒 但是 同样 我也要买水果 |
[41:38] | – Damn motorcycles. They’re a scourge. – Yeah. | – 该死的摩托车 真是祸害 – 没错 |
[41:41] | They’re loud. They’re dangerous. We should ban them from town. | 又吵 又危险 我们应该禁止他们入镇 |
[41:45] | Maybe we should set up barricades… | 也许我们该设路障… |
[41:47] | and ban all unwelcome strangers from crossing the border. | 禁止这些不受欢迎的陌生人越界 |
[41:50] | No, we couldn’t do that. That would be illegal. | 不行 我们不能这样做 不合法 |
[41:52] | – Darn laws. – Gotta get away from that noise. | – 讨厌的法律 – 要离这些噪音远点 |
[41:58] | – Kill me and bury me with that bike. – What is it, a Harley? | – 用那辆车把我杀了了埋了 – 什么车? 哈雷吗? |
[42:01] | That is a 2000 Indian 80 horsepower… | 印地安那2000 80马力… |
[42:04] | five-speed, close-ratio Andrews transmission. I wanna get one. | 安德鲁斯密齿轮比5档变速箱 我想要一辆 |
[42:08] | – No. – Why not? | – 不要 – 为什么不行? |
[42:09] | – You’d die. – Oh, that. | – 你会死的 – 哦 这样 |
[42:18] | – Hi. – Nice shirt. Take it off. | – 嗨 – 衬衣不错 脱了它 |
[42:28] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[42:32] | – This is great! What are you doing here? – I’m here to see you. | – 太好了 你在这里做什饿? – 来看你 |
[42:35] | And your mom, who’s not saying anything about as loud as a person can. | 还有你妈 那么安静 不像她呀 |
[42:39] | – Hello. – A word. | – 你好 – 一个词 |
[42:41] | Perhaps there’s a phrase in my future. | 也许未来几天就这一句话了 |
[42:44] | Okay, why is that man staring at me? | 好吧 为什么那个男的盯着我 |
[42:46] | That’s Taylor Doose. He owns the market. He knows all and sees all. | 那是Taylor Doose 这个市场是他的 他是万事通 |
[42:49] | So, what’s with the just showing up, Mr. Spontaneity Guy? | 你来做什么 不请自来的家伙 |
[42:53] | My folks are in Connecticut, so l’m here to see them. | 我家人在康涅狄格 我过来看他们 |
[42:56] | On the way I thought l’d stop by and surprise the Gilmore girls. | 在路上我想我应该过来 给Gilmore姑娘们一个惊喜 |
[42:59] | Are you surprised? | 吃惊吗? |
[43:00] | The teeniest feather could knock me in the gutter. | 最轻微的羽毛都可以把扇进水沟里 |
[43:02] | Where would somebody find a place to stay here? | 这里我该住哪呢? |
[43:05] | – You’re staying? – I’m thinking about it. | – 你住下来? – 我在考虑 |
[43:07] | – Stay with us. – Sweetie. | – 和我们一起住 – 宝贝 |
[43:09] | I don’t think your mom wants… | 我想你妈妈不想…. |
[43:10] | No, it’s not that. It’s just that l’m still surprised. | 不是 不是这样 我只是还没回过神 |
[43:13] | Mom, please? | 妈妈 求你? |
[43:15] | Why not stay with us for a couple of days? | 为什么不留下来住几天? |
[43:17] | Thanks. You won’t even know l’m there. | 谢谢 你不会感觉到我在的 |
[43:19] | – Hey, hop on. – Hop off. | – 嘿 上车 – 不要 |
[43:22] | – Hop on. – Hop off. | – 上车 – 不要 |
[43:28] | Hop on. | 上车吧 |