时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on Gilmore girls: | 吉尔莫女孩前情回顾 |
[00:03] | You should walk down the aisle to Frank Sinatra… | 你应该穿过教堂的过道 走向Frank Sinatra |
[00:06] | with a huge bouquet of something that smells good. | 捧着一大束很好闻的花 |
[00:09] | Max has asked me to marry him. | |
[00:11] | Yeah, I figured. | 哦 我早就想到了 |
[00:12] | I haven’t made my mind up about the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ part. | 我还没决定该答应还是拒绝他 |
[00:16] | – What? – Here? Hartford? | 我们要住在哪里? |
[00:17] | Where are we gonna live? | – lorelai? – 我们到底会住哪里? |
[00:18] | Where are we going to live? | |
[00:19] | – You’re going to have more kids? – Personal. | – 你们还会再要孩子吗? – 个人隐私哦 |
[00:21] | I mean, he wants kids, right? | 我意思是他想要孩子 对吗? |
[00:23] | – Are you saying yes? – What? | – 你答应了? – 什么? |
[00:24] | Are you saying yes? | 你答应我了? |
[00:29] | He asked me to marry him and I said yes. I’m getting married. | 他向我求婚 我答应了 我要结婚了 |
[00:32] | Well, I think that’s very nice. | 好啊挺不错的 |
[00:35] | – Yep. – Yep what? | – 原来是这样 – 原来是哪样呀? |
[00:36] | There’s nothing like a wedding to screw up a family. | 没有什么事能像一场婚礼那样使一个家庭 分崩离析了 |
[00:38] | There’s nothing like a family to screw up a family. | 其实我的情况是没有什么能像一个家庭 那样能使另一个家庭分崩离析了 |
[00:41] | You’re throwing me a wedding shower, aren’t you? | 你不会是打算给我开一场告别单身派对吧? |
[00:44] | It’s a big night for me tonight, and it feels like you should be there. | 今天晚上对我来说很重要 我也说不清 就是希望你能到场 |
[00:48] | – I’ll see how it goes. – Okay. | – 得看具体情况 – 好 |
[00:59] | I’m getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[01:02] | Oh, my God, here. | 哦 上帝! |
[01:04] | Wow, go with a crunch and a zing and a… | 哇 真是有滋有味过足瘾了 |
[01:09] | Our house is burning and you can save the cake or me. What do you choose? | |
[01:12] | That’s not fair. The cake doesn’t have legs. | 这不公平 蛋糕又没长脚 |
[01:14] | So how are we coming here? | 蛋糕还合胃口么? |
[01:16] | – Fran, so good. This cake is amazing. – Beyond amazing. | – 哦 Fran 太好吃了 蛋糕的味道妙极了! – 简直是妙不可言! |
[01:19] | I should hope so. We’ve been doing this for 112 years. | 希望如此 我们做这一行已经有112年了 |
[01:23] | You don’t look a day over 106. | 你看起来绝对没超过106岁 |
[01:26] | No, I meant my family’s been doing it for that long. | 不 我是说我们家族干这行已经有那么久 |
[01:30] | Right. Okay. | 是这样 好吧 |
[01:31] | – I’m glad we got that cleared up. – The raspberries. | – 很高兴听到你澄清了这一点 – 覆盆子蛋糕 覆盆子蛋糕 |
[01:34] | – So when is the big day again? – Two weeks from tomorrow. | – 再问一下你是在哪天结婚来着? – 明天起两周后 |
[01:38] | – Have you picked a flavor? – I don’t know. They’re all so good. | – 选好什么味的了吗? – 不知道 感觉都不错 |
[01:41] | – You have to try them again. – No, I’ve already eaten so many. | – 你得再尝尝 – 不 我已经吃够多的了 |
[01:46] | This is a very crucial decision, young lady. | 这是个很关键的决定 年轻女士 |
[01:50] | Cake is the glue of the wedding… | 蛋糕是维系一场婚礼完满的关键 |
[01:52] | so you will stand here and eat until you decide. | 所以你就站那里 尝到你选好口味为止 |
[01:56] | – Okay, if you insist. – I do. | – 好吧 如果你坚持这么认为 – 我坚持 |
[01:58] | After all, what’s more important than your wedding day? | 毕竟 还有什么比你的婚礼更重要呢? |
[02:02] | – It ain’t Guy Fawkes Day. – Yes. | – 又不是篝火节之夜 – 是吧 (注:Guy Fawkes Day 篝火节之夜英国的传统节日 时间为每年的11月5日) |
[02:05] | I’ll just go and see if there’s anything else in the back. | 我去后面看看还有什么其他的可供选择的 |
[02:10] | How was it seeing Max last night? No gory details. | |
[02:14] | Like I’ve ever shared that part with you. | 好像我什么都跟你说似的 |
[02:17] | you’ve insinuated, you have tiptoed to the brink of impropriety. | |
[02:21] | – Chilton has taught you some big words. – That’s kind of the point. | – Chilton教会你说话玩深沉了 – 有一定道理 |
[02:24] | It was really great. I’m glad he’s back. | 真的太好了 很高兴他能回到我身边 |
[02:26] | He’s on board with the small wedding thing? | 他同意婚礼一切从简了? |
[02:28] | Yeah, we want fun, we want simple, we want fast. | 没错 我们希望婚礼有趣点 简单点 一气呵成 |
[02:31] | We’ve been completely in sync, without that slightly gay, boy-band affiliation. | 我们特别合拍 但不是那种同志或男孩子 的亲密 |
[02:35] | I printed up some sample invitations for you. | 我给你打印了一些邀请函样本 |
[02:37] | I made them on my computer. | 我在电脑上设计的 |
[02:39] | All you have to do is pick out a quote for the front page… | 你只需为封面挑一句名言就好 |
[02:43] | – and I’ll print them up. – Okay. | – 然后 我再去打印出来 – 好呀 |
[02:46] | ‘What is love? It is the morning and the evening star. ‘ | “爱情是什么? 它是黎明和夜晚的星辰 ” – 嗯… |
[02:52] | – Sinclair Lewis. – Sinclair ‘Sappy’ Lewis. | – Sinclair Lewis的句子 – 情感四溢的Sinclair Lewis (注:Sinclair Lewis 1885-1951 美国第一位获得诺贝尔文学奖的作家) |
[02:54] | Fine, next. | 好吧 下一段 |
[02:55] | ‘And all went merry as a marriage bell. But hush! Hark! | 婚礼的钟声带来了欢愉 可是 嘘 别作声 你听… |
[02:58] | ‘A deep sound strikes like a rising knell!’ | 有什么象丧钟般沉重地敲响! |
[03:01] | What is it with poetry? | 现在的诗都怎么回事啊? |
[03:03] | – Lord Byron. – Byron and Lewis, together again. | – 这是拜伦的诗耶 – 拜伦和Lewis 我可受不了 (注:Lord Byron 拜伦 英国19世纪初期 伟大的浪漫主义诗人) |
[03:05] | Okay, last one. | 好吧 最后一段了 |
[03:07] | ‘We have buried the putrid corpse of liberty. ‘ | 我们已然埋葬了自由的腐尸 |
[03:09] | – Perfect. – Mussolini it is. | – 就这段了 – 你选了墨索里尼的话 (注:贝尼托・墨索里尼(Benito Mussolini) 意大利政治家 法西斯军国主义独裁者) |
[03:12] | Can I ask you an ethical question? | – 我能问你一个有关道德的问题吗? – 嗯 |
[03:14] | Is it right to be sampling wedding cakes when Sookie’s making yours for free? | 有Sookie免费为你做蛋糕 你还来试吃 这么做对吗? |
[03:18] | What is right, anyway? Who defines right? | 什么才是对的? 嗯? 谁给”对”下定义了? |
[03:22] | And if eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right. | 如果吃蛋糕也算错的话 我也不想做对的事了 |
[03:24] | I’m bringing out a Mocha Crunch Creme. | 我拿来咖啡鲜奶脆皮蛋糕给你尝尝 |
[03:29] | Highly subjective and completely overrated. | |
[03:31] | That’s my girl. | 这才是我的女儿呢 |
[04:28] | And here’s a sample of some of my black-and-white shots. | 这里有一些我拍的黑白样张 |
[04:31] | Kirk, I didn’t know you were into photography. | Kirk 我还不知道你这么喜欢摄影呢 |
[04:34] | – Ever shot a wedding before? – This would be my first… | |
[04:37] | official wedding gig, or photography gig, for that matter. | 我正式进军婚礼行业 或者说摄影行业 如果那么说的话 |
[04:40] | But I’ve got the eye, and my Nikon is state-of-the-art. | 但我的艺术眼光独到 而且我的尼康相机是最新式的 |
[04:42] | I’ve got a Nikon, too. | 我也有个尼康相机 |
[04:44] | It’s an N64 with 3-D matrix metering, 35 to 210 zoom. | 型号是N643D矩阵测光 焦距是35至210 |
[04:47] | – What have you got? – It’s a Nikon. | – 你的相机是哪个型号的? – 就是尼康呗 |
[04:51] | I got to tell you, these are really good for amateur shots. | 我得说 业余摄影到这个水平 已经相当不错了 |
[04:54] | Thanks. That’s me and my parents on vacation in the Berkshires. | 谢谢夸奖 这张是我跟父母在Berkshires 度假的照片 |
[04:58] | – Nice-looking family. – And those are some self portraits. | – 魅力四射的一家 – 这里是几张自拍像 |
[05:02] | Kirk, you’re nude. | Kirk 你这张是裸照 |
[05:04] | No, I’m wearing Speedos. They’re flesh-colored. | 没有 我穿着Speedos内裤 肉色的而已 |
[05:07] | – Wait a minute. I recognize this. – Nice photo, huh? | – 等等 我认出这张了 – 照得不错吧? |
[05:11] | This is V-J Day. New York, 1945. | 这是1945年在纽约 日本宣布投降日 的纪念照片吧 |
[05:14] | I include it as an example of the excellence I aspire to. | 我拿它来激励自己以求完美 |
[05:17] | – How much for your services? – How about $150 an hour? | – 服务费你怎么收? – 一小时150美金怎么样? |
[05:20] | How about lunch and the cost of the film? | 一顿免费午餐和报销胶卷费如何? |
[05:22] | – You won’t be sorry. – Done. | – 你绝不会后悔的 – 就这么定了 |
[05:25] | – I thank you. – Bye. | – 衷心感谢 – 再见 |
[05:27] | – What time is it? – 10:00… | – 几点了? – 十点 |
[05:30] | 10:00 of? | 十点? |
[05:32] | – No! You’re always going. – I have to. | |
[05:34] | – Luckily, that’ll all change soon. – Yes, it will. | – 幸运的是 这很快就会有所改变 – 是 没错 |
[05:37] | Two weeks from now, you won’t have to go… | 两个星期后 你就不必急着离开了 |
[05:39] | ’cause it’s here you’ll be going to. | 因为这里才是你要去的地方 |
[05:41] | – Going or going to? – I’d add the ‘to. ‘ | – 去城里还是留在这儿? – 我选这儿 |
[05:43] | Going to. You make me smarter. | 这儿 你教会我了 |
[05:45] | – I am a teacher. – Hey, don’t. Stay longer. | – 呵呵 我可是个老师 – 嘿 别走 多待一会儿吧 |
[05:48] | I can’t. | 不行啊 |
[05:56] | – Do you have to be there while they work? – What do you mean? | – 他们干活的时候你得呆旁边吗? – 什么意思? |
[05:59] | Isn’t your apartment gonna be all paint fumy? | 你的整个屋子都会被刷的烟熏雾绕的 |
[06:01] | – Yeah, so? – So maybe you should stay here. | – 没错 所以呢? – 所以你或许应该呆在这里 |
[06:04] | – Here? – Yeah. | – 这里? – 是呀 |
[06:06] | Instead of driving back and forth all weekend, sleep over. | 而不是整个周末开车来来回回 在这过夜吧 |
[06:10] | It’s gonna be your place, too, soon enough. | 再说 这里很快也会变成你的家的 |
[06:12] | Look at it like a trial run. | 看起来今晚像是试行期 |
[06:14] | – A trial run? – It’ll be fun. | – 试行期? – 会很有趣的 |
[06:16] | – You think you’re ready for me? – I’m always ready for you. | – 你觉得你为我住在这里做好准备了吗? – 我一直都做好了准备 |
[06:20] | – Full time? – I insist. | – 全天候的? – 没错 |
[06:24] | He was not wearing Speedos. | 他没穿Speedo内裤吧 |
[06:26] | – Don’t talk about the photo. – The man was buck-naked. | – 别谈那张照片了 – 那个男人一丝不挂 |
[06:29] | Offer rescinded if this conversation proceeds. | 如果继续谈下去就得取消服务了 |
[06:31] | – I’ll be back. – Bye, honey. | – 我会回来的 – 再见 亲爱的 |
[06:36] | – So what are we doing tonight? – I’ll do whatever. | – 今晚干什么? – 随便什么都行 |
[06:39] | – What movies haven’t we seen? – Just about all of them. | – 还有什么电影我们没看过? – 我们基本一部都没看 |
[06:42] | They all stink this year. | 今年的新片都拍得很差 |
[06:43] | They definitely do underestimate our intelligence. | 绝对低估了我们的智商 |
[06:46] | – Plus they stink. – There are at least five… | – 拍得很差 – 至少有五部是 |
[06:48] | featuring someone doing something disgusting with a cow. | 关于某人对着母牛干恶心事 |
[06:50] | They should at least do something disgusting with a different animal. | 就是 他们至少得换个动物去干恶心事 |
[06:54] | We could watch Holy Grail on tape again. | 我们拿出带子再看一遍Holy Grail (注:Monty Python and the Holy Grail 1975年的英国喜剧) |
[06:56] | Okay, but I am not talking in an English accent all evening. | 好吧 不过我可不会整晚用 英国口音和你聊天 |
[06:59] | – No fun. Hey, tomorrow night… – Life of Brian? | – 那就不好玩啦 嘿 明晚… – 看Life of Brian? (注:Life of Brian是Terry Jones的喜剧 跟前面的Holy Grail是同一导演) |
[07:04] | – Really? – First time. | |
[07:06] | And to kind of celebrate, he and Mom wanted to go on a double date. | 为了小小地庆祝一下 妈妈和他想来个”两对情侣约会” |
[07:10] | But tomorrow’s our anniversary. | 但明天是我们的纪念日 |
[07:11] | – No, it’s not. It’s on the 24th. – That was our old anniversary. | – 不是 24日才是 – 那是旧的纪念日 |
[07:14] | We broke up, and got back together on the 6th… | 我们分手 后来在6号又和好了 |
[07:16] | so using the 24th wouldn’t be an accurate count of how long we’ve been together. | 所以24日并不能确切代表我们在一起的日子 |
[07:20] | Unless you consider our time apart… | 除非你把我们分开的时间也考虑进来 |
[07:22] | as a temporary moratorium on our relationship. | 做为我们关系的短期暂停 |
[07:25] | You know, like the time kept passing, and we were on a sabbatical. | 你知道 就像时间不断流逝 而我们那时候正在休假一样 |
[07:30] | – Yeah, it’s complicated. – Very. | – 是 真是复杂 – 非常复杂 |
[07:33] | – So a double date? With adults? – No, just with Mom and Max. | – 我们就两对情侣一块约会? 和大人一起? – 不对 是和妈妈跟Max一起 |
[07:37] | What will it be? Like, dinner and dancing? | 会是什么样的约会呢? 像是 先吃饭再去跳舞? |
[07:39] | Yes, and then we’ll enjoy brandy and cigars. | 没错 然后再来杯白兰地和雪茄 |
[07:42] | – No, we’ll probably just grab a bite. – All right, we could do that. | – 不会的 我们很可能就一起吃点饭而已 – 好吧 那我们还应付得来 |
[07:47] | Hey, let’s have two anniversaries. We can celebrate twice a month. | 嘿 我们订两个纪念日吧 我们每个月都可以庆祝两次 |
[07:51] | They’re well spread apart, the 6th and the 24th. | 这两天隔开得挺适当的 6号和24号 |
[07:53] | – We can’t do that. – Who’s gonna stop us? | – 那可不行吧 – 谁会阻止我们呢? |
[07:57] | – Twice a month? – Dare to be different. | – 每月两次? – 你敢不同意 |
[08:00] | Twice a month it is. | 那就依你每个月两次 |
[08:05] | Why won’t you let me help? | 你为什么不让我帮忙? |
[08:06] | – Because you’re a danger to the process. – That’s not true. | – 要你帮忙做饭实在太危险了 – 才不会呢 |
[08:09] | – I’ve got numerous scars. – I cut you that one, two times… | – 我可有无数伤疤作证 – 我就割伤过你一 两次 |
[08:12] | and I’ve helped you tons of times. | 我都帮过你无数次了 |
[08:14] | You’ve helped me twice and both times you cut me. | 你总共就帮过我两次 每次都以我被割伤收尾 |
[08:16] | – I do like watching you cook. – I like you watching me cook. | – 我就喜欢看你煮饭 – 我也喜欢你看我煮饭 |
[08:19] | – What’s that weird smell? – It’s food. | – 这是什么怪味? – 食物的香味呀 |
[08:21] | It smells weird? | 闻起来很怪吗? |
[08:22] | No, just weird for this house. It smells great. | 不是 这味道出现在这个房子很奇怪 闻起来棒极了 |
[08:25] | – Rory, can you get that? – What? | – Rory 你能拿下那个吗? – 什么? |
[08:27] | Right down there, with the shiny handle. | 就在那下面 手柄闪闪发光的那个 |
[08:33] | – Did you know we had that? – Not a clue. | – 你知道我们有那种炊具吗? – 完全没印象 |
[08:35] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[08:36] | – Hey, it’s on fire! – It’s the broiler. | – 嗨 着火了! – 是烤炉 |
[08:38] | Wow! | 哇! |
[08:39] | What fallout shelter have you guys been living in? | 难道你们住的是核爆炸后的收容所吗? |
[08:42] | He has much knowledge. | 他见多识广 |
[08:43] | – We’ll form a cult around him. – Build a statue many stories high. | – 我们应该对他顶礼膜拜 – 再建几层楼那么高的雕像 |
[08:46] | – Grow our hair long and stop bathing. – Please don’t. | – 我们应该把头发留长 而且不洗澡了 – 好啦 请别再说下去啦 |
[08:49] | – Are we eating at the table? – Wherever. | – 我们在桌子边吃吗? – 哪都行 |
[08:51] | – TV? – I’ll get a tape. | – 边看电视边吃? – 我去拿录像带 |
[08:53] | – Can I at least grab some dishes? – Far away from me. | – 至少让我拿几个盘子过去? – 离我远点就行 |
[08:55] | Alarmist. | 大惊小怪 |
[08:57] | – You don’t learn very fast, Injun. – How fast do you learn, Billy Jack? | – 你学的不够快 Injun – 你能学多快 Billy Jack? |
[09:02] | – Fast enough. – ‘Billy Jack, I’m gonna kill you… | – 足够快 – Billy Jack 我要杀了你 |
[09:05] | – ‘if it’s the last thing I do. ‘ – He so jinxed himself with that one. | – 如果这是我要干的最后一件事 – 他说那句话可真失败 |
[09:08] | He should’ve said, ‘Billy Jack, I’m gonna kill you… | 他应该说 Billy Jack 我要杀了你 |
[09:10] | ‘or buy myself a lovely chenille sweater. ‘ | 或者 给我自己买件可爱的绒线衣? |
[09:12] | Either way, he wins. | 这样的话 他就赢了 |
[09:13] | How many times have you seen this movie? | 你们看过多少遍了? |
[09:15] | I’m out of digits. | 数不清了 |
[09:16] | You can’t see a Billy Jack movie too many times. | Billy Jack的电影永远看不够 |
[09:19] | Who’s the guy Billy Jack… | Billy Jack是谁? |
[09:21] | All right, you cats. Very slowly now. | 好吧 你们这些小崽子 现在 慢慢地 慢慢地 |
[09:24] | – Let’s do some jumping jacks. – Spread out. | – 现在来点跳娃娃的动作罢 – 大家散开 (注:jumping jack是一种玩具) |
[09:28] | – It’s the counting part. – He means it, Daniel. | |
[09:30] | Here comes my favorite and my least favorite line… | 这里是我最喜欢的 和最不喜欢的 |
[09:32] | all rolled into one. | 一段台词 |
[09:33] | I’m gonna cut your bowels out. | 我要把你肠子挖出来 |
[09:37] | – Three. – Comeuppance time. | – 三 – 报应来了 |
[09:39] | You talk through the whole movie… | 你们看电影时嘴巴就没停过 |
[09:41] | and when I say something, you shush me. | 我一说话你们就让我安静 |
[09:42] | You’re talking through parts we talked through last time. | 因为你要说的是我们上次讨论过的情节 |
[09:45] | – We haven’t seen those parts in a while. – Now it’s clear. | – 而我们有一阵儿没看过啦 – 这下我全明白了 |
[09:52] | – Max? – What? The phone? | – Max? – 什么? 电话? |
[09:54] | – Whoever’s closest answers. – House rule. | – 谁近谁接 – 家庭规定 |
[09:56] | You’re both closer. | 你们两个离电话都比我近 |
[09:57] | I’d have to walk farther, around the coffee table. | 我得绕过咖啡桌 所以我离电话更远一些 |
[10:00] | – My foot’s asleep. – Plus you’re taller. | – 我的脚睡着了 – 再说你比我高 |
[10:02] | – With longer legs. – Even if we all left for the phone… | – 腿也更长 – 即使我们去接电话 |
[10:05] | – at the same time… – I got it. | – 完全同时行动的话… – 服了你们了 我去接 |
[10:07] | You’re in charge. | 交给你了 |
[10:09] | I’m gonna like having him around. | 我喜欢他在身边的感觉 |
[10:12] | – Do you want a refill? – Sure, same thing. | – 你想再来一杯吗? – 当然 和刚才一样 |
[10:17] | – We wore him out. – We tend to do that. | – 我们可把他累坏了 – 我们总是这样 |
[10:19] | Well, we are Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. | 我们是Electra女士和Dyna女孩 |
[10:22] | – Electra Woman? – I think it’s time to turn in. | – Electra女士? – 我想该上床睡觉了 |
[10:25] | – No, I’m awake. – You don’t look it. | – 不 我醒着呢 – 看起来可不象 |
[10:27] | – I’m waiting for the guy with the thing… – Mom, get him to bed. | – 我在等人… – 妈妈 把他弄床上去 |
[10:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:32] | Come on, honey. | 来吧 亲爱的 |
[10:34] | – What happened to Billy Jack? – I’ll explain it to you later. | – Billy Jack怎么样了? – 过会儿我再讲给你 |
[10:37] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:42] | This is weird. | 这怪怪的 |
[11:06] | – What is it? – Nothing. What are you doing? | – 哦 什么东西? 怎么了? – 没事儿 你干嘛呢? |
[11:09] | – Taking back Poland. – Good luck with that. | – 正梦见收复波兰 – 那要祝你好运了 |
[11:12] | – Mom. – I have a boy in my room. | – 妈妈 – 我房间里有个男人 |
[11:14] | – So? – So I have a boy in my room. | – 所以? – 所以我房间里有个男人 |
[11:16] | – It’s Max. – I know. | – 是Max呀 – 我知道 |
[11:18] | – You like Max. – No. Yes, I do, but it’s weird. | – Max是你喜欢的人呀 – 不 哦 对 我喜欢他 但还是感觉怪怪的 |
[11:22] | We’ve never had a man in the house like this up there. | 我们楼上从来没住过男人 |
[11:25] | – He’s your fianc? – Very true. | 他是你未婚夫 非常正确 |
[11:27] | So all you need to do is adjust. | 所以你要做的就是适应这些 |
[11:29] | It’s like that time you got the green stripes in your hair. | 就象那次你弄头上的绿头绳一样 |
[11:33] | – I hated those green stripes. – Well, I’m tired. | – 我讨厌那些绿头绳 – 随便你 我可累了 |
[11:35] | I can think of a better example tomorrow. | 明天我会想出个更好的例子 |
[11:38] | No. Wake up. | 不 别睡 醒醒 |
[11:44] | – We’ve not properly talked about this. – About what? | – 我们还没有好好讨论过有呢 – 讨论什么? |
[11:46] | About having Max in the house. The effect on you. | 关于让Max留在屋里 对你的影响 |
[11:49] | Don’t cover up anything. | 别掩饰啦 把你的感受说出来 |
[11:51] | I don’t have anything to cover up. I like Max. | 我没有什么好掩饰的 我挺喜欢Max |
[11:53] | I know you do. That’s good. But once we are married… | 我知道 这很好 可是一旦我们结婚了 |
[11:56] | – nothing will ever be the same again. – I know. | – 一切都会变得不一样 – 我知道 |
[11:59] | It won’t be the’me and you secret club, no-boys-allowed thing’ anymore. | 没有”你知我知 男孩靠边”的 秘密俱乐部了 |
[12:03] | – It’ll be different. – Not just different. | – 会不一样的 – 不仅仅是不一样 |
[12:05] | Our lives as we know them will be over. | 我们再也不会像现在这样生活了 |
[12:07] | – Mom, we’re not dying. – No, we’re not dying. | – 妈妈 我们又不是要死 – 不 我们不会死 |
[12:10] | But the life we had is gonna morph into this mutation that we… | 但是我们原有的生活将会发生一场变异 |
[12:13] | – could never possibly have conceived. – Like the giant ants in Them!? | – 甚至是我们无法想象的变异 – 就像Them!里的巨型蚂蚁? (注:美国54年经典科幻恐怖电影) |
[12:17] | Yes, and I don’t want it to be like giant ants… | 从比喻意义上来说没错 我不想让它变成巨蚁 |
[12:19] | that’s why I’m talking about it now. | 这就是为什么我现在要谈这个话题 |
[12:21] | I am not anticipating being attacked by giant, man-eating ants… | 我没想过会被巨大的食人蚁攻击 |
[12:24] | – because Max is living here. – Good. | – 因为Max生活在这里 – 很好 |
[12:27] | – Good. – Weirdo. | – 很好 – 怪人 |
[12:33] | You can’t walk around in the buff anymore. | 你不能再一丝不挂地到处走了 |
[12:35] | I don’t remember ever walking around in the buff. | 我不记得曾经一丝不挂地到处走 |
[12:37] | – I know one time you did. – Was I three? | – 我知道你有过 – 我三岁的时候? |
[12:39] | Somewhere around there. | 大概就在那时候吧 |
[12:42] | – Does he hog the bed? – No. | – 他拱床吗? – 不 |
[12:44] | – He’s a very stay-on-his-side kind of guy. – Good. | – 他睡姿很规矩 – 那就好 |
[12:48] | – He’s cute. He wears pajama bottoms. – Stop there. | – 他很可爱 穿睡裤 – 别说了 |
[12:51] | Not funny ones. I hate funny bottoms. | 不是那种滑稽的内裤 我讨厌那种滑稽的 |
[12:54] | I’m gonna call you Funny Bottoms from now on. | 现在开始我要叫你滑稽内裤 |
[12:57] | – Aren’t you happy? – Yes. | – 你快乐吗? – 是的 |
[13:00] | – I’m happy. – Then it’ll be fine. | – 我很快乐 – 那就好 |
[13:03] | – You’ll get used to it, having Max there. – I know. You’re right. I will. | – 你会习惯Max的 – 我知道 你说得对 我会的 |
[13:07] | I will get used to it. | 我会习惯的 |
[13:14] | Mom? You’re falling asleep. | 妈妈? 你快睡着了 |
[13:17] | So? | 那么? |
[13:18] | You need to be a big girl and go to your own room. | 你得象个大姑娘回自己的房间 |
[13:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:26] | – Fine, 10 more minutes. – Thank you. | – 算了 再待十分钟吧 – 多谢 |
[13:36] | – More? – Abso-tive-o-lutely. | – 还要点么? – 绝对 |
[13:38] | – What’s up, Taylor? – I know of nothing up. | 怎么了 Taylor? 我什么都不知道 |
[13:41] | – What’s up, Taylor? – I’m just happy. | – 怎么了 Taylor? – 我只是高兴 |
[13:43] | That’s what makes me nervous. | 这正是让我紧张的原因 |
[13:44] | You’re a paranoid man, Luke. I feel very sad for you. | Luke你个妄想狂 我为你感到难过 |
[13:48] | Over there. | 那里 |
[13:49] | – Can you clear that one off? – Why? | – 你能把那张桌子清理干净吗? – 为什么? |
[13:51] | ‘Cause it’s bigger. We’re three today. | 因为它比较大 今天我们是三个人 |
[13:54] | – Three? – Max is with us. | – 三个人? – Max和我们一起吃 |
[13:55] | Max? So when did Max become invisible to the human eye? | Max? 什么时候Max变成隐身人了? |
[13:58] | He’s on a paper hunt. | 他在买报纸 |
[14:00] | Max likes his three papers in the morning. | Max喜欢早上读三份报纸 |
[14:02] | The Hartford Courant, The New York Times… | 哈特福德报 纽约时报 |
[14:04] | and The Wall Street Journal. | 和华尔街日报 |
[14:06] | – Three papers? – He likes to be well-informed. | – 三份报纸? – 他想全面了解一切信息 |
[14:08] | Reading three papers all reporting the same news is a terrific use of trees. | 阅读三份报导同一新闻的报纸 是严重浪费森林资源 |
[14:12] | You be nice, Luke. I mean it. | Luke别难为人 我说真的 |
[14:16] | – Hey, there. – Max, buddy. | – 嗨 – Max 伙计 |
[14:18] | Top of the morning to you. You look good today. | – 早上好 – 今天你气色不错 |
[14:20] | – Brown is your color, my friend. – Thanks. | – 你穿棕色衣服最合适不过了 朋友 – 谢谢 |
[14:24] | – So? – I got two out of three. | – 如何? – 我买到了两份 |
[14:26] | – Not bad. – No one has The Wall Street Journal. | – 还不错嘛 – 没人卖华尔街日报 |
[14:28] | – This isn’t a very financially-oriented town. – Yes, it’s more oriented to coffee. | – 这个小镇不太关心经济 – 没错 相比之下 他们更关心咖啡 |
[14:33] | I’ve got blueberry pancakes this morning. | 早上我做了些蓝莓薄饼 |
[14:35] | – Bring them. – Bring them twice. | – 来一份 – 来两份 |
[14:37] | – And you? – I’m gonna need a minute. | – 你呢? – 还要等一下 |
[14:42] | – Well, then hold off. – Same here. | – 嗯 那我要等一下再点 – 我也是 |
[14:44] | – I might run out of the pancakes. – Go ahead, order. | – 待会薄饼可能就卖光了 – 你们先点吧 |
[14:46] | – I’ll just be a minute. – It’s okay, we’ll wait. | – 我考虑一下就好 – 没关系 我们等你 |
[14:49] | I’m almost out and I can’t make more. | 我没材料了 做不了更多了 |
[14:51] | – Set some aside. – First come, first served. | – 给我们留一些嘛 – 我们这儿一直是先来先吃 |
[14:53] | – We’ll take our chances. – Yes, we’ll wait. | – 我们要抓住机会 – 是的 我们等一下 |
[14:55] | Whatever. | 随你便 |
[14:58] | – You didn’t need to do that. – We’re happy to. | – 你们没必要那么做 – 我们乐意 |
[15:08] | Yeah, that’s still eggs and your basic breakfast stuff there. | 再怎么看还是那些鸡蛋之类的常见早餐 |
[15:11] | – Just order. – We’re fine. | – 你们点吧 – 我们可以等 |
[15:12] | I want you guys to go at your normal pace. | 我希望你们保持原来步伐 |
[15:14] | My rhythm might not necessarily be your rhythm. | 我的节奏不一定跟你的一样 |
[15:16] | – What’s this? – The lunch menu. | – 这是什么? – 午餐菜单 |
[15:18] | – I stop serving breakfast in an hour. – Luke. | – 一小时后我就停止供应早餐了 – Luke |
[15:20] | – I’ll have poached eggs. – Blueberry pancakes. | – 我要水煮蛋 – 蓝莓薄饼 |
[15:22] | – Did we make it? – I set them aside. | – 我们还能点这个吗? – 我已经帮你们留了 |
[15:23] | Love you. | 最喜欢你了 |
[15:26] | – What the hell are they doing out there? – What? | – 他们究竟在那里干吗? – 什么? |
[15:30] | Who is that? | 是谁? |
[15:31] | What are they doing, Taylor? | 他们在干吗 Taylor? |
[15:33] | – Looks like they’re coning off the street. – Taylor. | – 貌似他们在做街道信号 – Taylor |
[15:36] | If you must know, they are a county work crew… | 如果你非要知道 他们是地方工作人员 |
[15:39] | here to install Stars Hollow’s first traffic light and metered crosswalk. | 在这里安装Star Hallow的第一盏 交通信号灯 |
[15:46] | – Hold it. – Keep going. | – 等等 – 继续 |
[15:48] | You have no controlling legal authority over this matter. | 在这件事上你没有合法的控制权 |
[15:51] | Stuff it, Taylor. Hold it. | 闭嘴 Taylor 别动 |
[15:52] | Keep going. And I will not stuff it. | 你们继续干活 而且我不会闭嘴的 |
[15:55] | What authority did you have to authorize this? | 你有什么权力批准这项工程? |
[15:57] | You’re supposed to inform local business owners of major projects… | 重大工程你们都要通知 当地各大主要商业运营者 |
[16:00] | per town rules, meaning me. | 根据小镇法规 就是我 |
[16:01] | Not when it’s a matter of dire public safety… | 当涉及到紧急的公共安全问题时 |
[16:04] | where the city charter clearly states that I can function… | 城市宪章明确表明我可以 |
[16:07] | unilaterally in the town’s best interests. | 单方面进行最有利于小镇的行为 |
[16:09] | Dire public safety? We haven’t had an accident here in 10 years! | 可怕的公共安全问题? 这里十年没发生过事故了 |
[16:12] | You can’t stop progress, Luke! | 你不能阻止这一切 Luke |
[16:17] | Traffic light, huh? | 安交通灯了? |
[16:19] | It’s unbelievable. | 真让人难以置信 |
[16:21] | Well, it could always be taken out with your bare hands or your teeth. | 你可以用牙齿或双手把它弄出来 |
[16:24] | Yeah, I guess. | 我猜也是 |
[16:26] | – Hey, did you get my invitation? – What? | – 嗨 你收到我的邀请函了吗? – 什么? |
[16:28] | My wedding invitation for my wedding, because I’m wedding Max. | 我的婚礼请柬 因为我要嫁给Max了 |
[16:31] | Yeah, it’s in a pile upstairs somewhere. | 是的 在楼上一堆东西里 |
[16:34] | Good. So are you coming? | 很好 你来吗? |
[16:38] | You know, I have to make some calls about this thing before it’s too late. | 你知道 趁还来得及我得打几个电话 |
[16:42] | – I’ll see you later. – Okay. | – 再见 – 好的 |
[16:50] | – I can barely walk. – Bad shoes? | – 我连路都走不动了 – 鞋子原因? |
[16:52] | – I ate a cow. – You had a steak. | – 我吃了一头牛 – 你吃了一块牛排 |
[16:54] | – Plus the sides. – Four people, six baked potatoes. | – 还有其它的东西 – 四个人 六块烤土豆 |
[16:58] | You boys exaggerate. | 你们男人就是夸张 |
[16:59] | – Am I exaggerating? – Nope. | – 我夸张了吗? – 没 |
[17:01] | – Ice cream. – I’m right behind you. | – 冰激凌 – 我也要吃 |
[17:04] | How could they possibly eat more? | 他们怎么还能吃? |
[17:07] | – I’m kind of surprised. – I know. They’re bottomless pits. | – 我有点惊讶 – 我知道 她们像是无底洞 |
[17:11] | I mean at you. | 我是对你的反应惊讶 |
[17:13] | You’ve known them long enough not to be so confused. | 你认识她们够久了 不应该困惑的 |
[17:17] | I’m not confused. I’m just… What do you mean? | 我没困惑我只是 你什么意思? |
[17:20] | Their eating habits are just the start of what you have to get used to. | 他们的饮食习惯是你要开始适应的第一件事 |
[17:24] | There’s tons of stuff you should be aware of. | 还有很多事你应该知道的 |
[17:26] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是的 |
[17:28] | Like, don’t ever use the last of the Parmesan cheese. | 比如别吃最后一块干酪 |
[17:31] | And never get into a heavy discussion late at night… | 到了晚上千万别和她们长篇大论 |
[17:34] | ’cause that’s when they’re at their crankiest. | 因为这会让她们抓狂 |
[17:37] | – And go with their bits. – Their bits? | – 还要迎合她们的怪癖 – 她们的怪癖? |
[17:39] | Yes, like if you’re eating pizza with them, and Lorelai decides that… | 是的 就比如你跟他们 一起吃匹萨 Lorelai认为 |
[17:43] | the pepperoni is angry at the mushrooms because they have an attitude… | 意大利腊香肠因为蘑菇态度不好而发火了 |
[17:46] | and then she holds up a pepperoni and it asks for your opinion… | 然后 她拿起腊香肠问你的意见 |
[17:50] | don’t just laugh. Answer the pepperoni. | 千万别笑 回答腊香肠就对了 |
[17:52] | Answer the pepperoni. | 回答腊香肠 |
[17:54] | Don’t let them near puppies, they’ll want every one. | 别让她们接近小狗 她们想把每只都抱回家 |
[17:56] | That one I knew. | 这我倒是知道 |
[18:00] | And here’s a big one. | 嗯 还有个大问题 |
[18:01] | If you ever think that they’re doing something crazy, they’re not. | 如果你觉得她们在做疯狂的事 她们其实没有 |
[18:05] | After a while, their thinking becomes clear, but by the time it’s clear… | 过不了多久 她们就会清醒 一旦她们清醒了 |
[18:09] | they’ve done two other crazy things that you can’t figure out. | 她们已经做了其它两件你搞不懂的疯狂的事 |
[18:12] | So there’s no catching up. | 所以你不可能赶上他们 |
[18:14] | – You have much knowledge. – You got that from Rory. | – 你真是见多识广 – 这句是你从Rory那里学来的吧 |
[18:17] | And does Lorelai know what kind of ice cream you like? | Lorelai知道你喜欢什么冰激凌吗? |
[18:21] | – Yeah, chocolate chip. I already told her… – Chocolate chip. | – 是的 巧克力脆皮 我已经告诉过她了 – 巧克力脆皮 |
[18:25] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[18:27] | Wow. | 哇 |
[18:31] | I’m so full. Why did you let me eat so much? | 我太饱了 你为什么让我吃那么多? |
[18:35] | Yeah. They’ll blame you. | 是的 他们会怪你 |
[18:43] | – It’s past 11:00, guys. – Okay. | – 孩子们 已经过11点了 – 我们知道了 |
[18:58] | – How’re you doing? – I’m stable. | – 你怎么样? – 还不错 |
[18:59] | You’re a lovely shade of puce. | 你那可爱的深褐色 |
[19:01] | Don’t say puce. It sounds like another word I don’t want to hear now. | 别说深褐色 听起来象另一个我现在不想听到的词 |
[19:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:06] | You know, they’re still outside. | 要知道 他们还在外面 |
[19:10] | – Who? – Rory and Dean. | – 谁? – Rory和Dean |
[19:13] | How long you think they’ll be out there? | 你猜他们会在那儿呆多久? |
[19:14] | – I don’t know. – So there’s no time limit? | – 不知道? – 这么说没有时间限制? |
[19:17] | Yes. When they both get tired of saying, ‘No, you’re prettier’… | 的确没有 当他们说腻了”不 你更漂亮些 “时 |
[19:20] | to each other, the night’s over. | 他们就回家了 |
[19:22] | – Come on. – What? | – 告诉我吧 – 告诉你什么? |
[19:24] | – I’m going to be living here soon. – I know that. | – 我很快要在这里生活了 – 我知道 |
[19:27] | I just thought I should know what the procedure is… | 我想知道你教育Rory的常规做法 |
[19:30] | – when stuff like this comes up. – Stuff like what? | – 当这种事发生 – 哪种事? |
[19:33] | Say you’re not here, I come home, there’s Rory and Dean in the dark… | 比如你不在这 我回到家 Rory和Dean在黑暗中… |
[19:38] | all alone, after 11:00. How do I handle stuff like that? | 过了11点了 我一个人该怎么办? |
[19:41] | Max, Rory is very low maintenance. | Max Rory不需要怎么管教 |
[19:44] | Kind of like that robot kid in Al. | 她有点象<人工智能>里的机器孩子 |
[19:47] | Only way less mother-obsessed. My God, that kid was so annoying. | 只是少了一点一般妈妈的困扰 比如说 上帝啊那个孩子真是讨厌死了 |
[19:50] | I would have pushed him out of the car while it was moving. | 我真该把他从开着的车里推出去 |
[19:53] | What if I catch them one night making out on the couch? | 如果某个晚上我发现他们在沙发上 亲热我该怎么办? |
[19:58] | – Turn off the light? – You’re not being serious. | – 关灯? – 你一点也不认真 |
[20:01] | Max, they’re teenagers. They can kiss a little bit. | Max 他们是青少年 他们可以亲一下的 |
[20:04] | Okay, what do I do if Rory comes home drunk? | 好的 如果 Rory喝醉了回家 我该怎么办? |
[20:08] | – Come on! – It happens. | – 怎么可能! – 这经常会发生的 |
[20:10] | Not to Rory, it doesn’t. | 不会发生在Rory身上 她不会这样的 |
[20:12] | I know, but theoretically, just in a make-believe world… | 我知道 但从理论上来讲 在一个虚拟的世界里 |
[20:15] | if she did, what would I do? | 如果她真那样做了 我该做什么? |
[20:18] | – Nothing. – Excuse me? | – 什么都不用做 – 你说什么? |
[20:21] | You would do nothing. I would handle it. | 你不需要做任何事 我会处理好的 |
[20:24] | So basically, I have no role in Rory’s life. | 所以基本上 我对Rory的生活没有任何作用 |
[20:27] | Max, Rory’s done. She’s brought up. | Max, Rory已经成熟了 她已经长大了 |
[20:30] | She’s Rory. You don’t need a role. | 她是Rory 你不需要参与其中 |
[20:33] | Fine. | 好的 |
[20:35] | I don’t see the problem here. | 我不觉得这样有什么问题啊 |
[20:37] | Clearly. So I should do nothing around here, ever. | 很明显 在这里 我不需要做任何事 永远不需要 |
[20:41] | – No, not nothing ever. – What, then? | – 不 不是永远不需要 – 那是什么呢? |
[20:44] | Making the garlic bread the other night was really good. | 前几天晚上做的蒜绒面包真的很好吃 |
[20:47] | So other than making garlic bread and answering the phone… | 那么除了做蒜绒面包和听电话 |
[20:50] | what else is my role around here? | 我在这里还有其他的作用吗? |
[20:52] | You’re my fellow. You’re my guy, my old man. | 你是我的伴侣 你是我的人 我的老头子 |
[20:57] | – And what does that entail? – All things dirty. | – 那些又有什么用? – 所有下流的事 |
[21:00] | – I’m not joking. We’re getting married. – I know. | – 我不是开玩笑的 我们要结婚了 – 我知道 |
[21:04] | That means we’ll take two separate lives and meld them together. | 那意味着我们将要把 两个人不同的生活融为一体 |
[21:07] | – How do you think that’s gonna work? – I don’t know. | – 你觉得这样可行吗? – 我不知道 |
[21:10] | – Have you given it any thought at all? – Not really. | – 你完全没想过这个问题吗? – 没怎么想过 |
[21:14] | But I will. I’ll start now. | 但是我会的 我现在就开始想 |
[21:18] | How would you feel if I told you, ‘I haven’t thought about our future at alI’? | 如果我告诉你 我完全没有想过 我们的未来你会怎么想? |
[21:23] | Terrible. I would feel terrible. I’m sorry. | 很糟糕 我会感觉很糟糕 对不起 |
[21:27] | I mean it. I’m sorry. Please come here. | 我是认真的 对不起 过来好吗 |
[21:32] | Remember, it’s all those little annoying quirks… | 记住就是因为那些小小的 恼人的坏习惯 |
[21:36] | that make me the fascinating woman you fell in love with. | 让我成为了 你爱上了的那个魅力女人 |
[21:45] | Really not fair. | 真的很不公平 |
[21:47] | I’ve got a lingerie drawer full of not fair, mister. | 我有个内衣抽屉 装满了不公平 |
[21:50] | Okay. We didn’t need to get into this tonight. | 好了 今晚我们 不需要这么深入讨论了 |
[21:53] | I definitely broke Dean’s late-night cranky rule. | 我绝对打破了Dean夜里的古怪规定 |
[21:58] | – Whose what? – Nothing. | – 谁的什么? – 没什么 |
[22:08] | Welcome, townspeople. | 欢迎 镇民们 |
[22:11] | So you’re going to spoil it right off the bat, Luke? | 所以你这么快就来搞破坏了 |
[22:14] | – Why waste time? – What about dinner? | – 干吗要浪费时间? – 晚餐怎么样? |
[22:16] | – You don’t eat at a bachelorette party. – You got to eat. | – 在一个告别单身派对上 你可吃不到什么 – 你得吃的 |
[22:19] | You drink, dance, party, and drink some more. | 你得喝酒 跳舞 狂欢 还有就是喝更多的酒 |
[22:21] | I’ll hurl before the night’s half over. | 那晚上还没过半 我就会不行了 |
[22:24] | – This is all very fascinating. – Sorry, we’ll keep it down. | – 所有的一切都很迷人 – 对不起 我们声音会小一点的 |
[22:27] | – How about keeping it silent? – Way down. | – 保持安静怎么样? – 轻轻的 |
[22:29] | – Or zipping it shut? – Little, tiny mice voices. | – 还是闭上嘴巴? – 轻轻的小老鼠的声音 |
[22:32] | Townspeople, we should all be proud of the new addition to our streets. | 镇民们 我们都应该 为我们街道的新设施而骄傲 |
[22:36] | I know many of you have wanted a traffic light and a crosswalk for years… | 我知道你们很多人多年来 都希望街道上有红绿灯和人行道 |
[22:40] | What? | 什么? |
[22:41] | …and now your dream has come true. | 而现在你们的梦想实现了 |
[22:44] | – It’s like Hitler’s Germany. – Luke! | – 这就像希特勒的德国一样 – Luke! |
[22:46] | You’re trying to brainwash us, telling us we want something that we don’t… | 你正尝试对我们洗脑 告诉我们 我们想要一些其实不想要的东西 |
[22:49] | and not giving us any choice. | 而且不给我们任何选择 |
[22:51] | – Shush, we’re planning. – I heard. You’re idiots if you don’t eat first. | – 嘘 我们在计划 – 我听见了 如果你们不先吃东西就是白痴 |
[22:54] | Everybody, let me segue into the informational portion of our gathering. | 大家 让我继续告诉大家 我们这次集会的内容 |
[22:59] | If I can turn your attention to the pole here… | 如果你们把注意力 转到这根杆子上 |
[23:02] | you will see a yellow button with an instructional panel right above it. | 你会看到一个黄色按钮 上面还有一个指示板 |
[23:06] | My God, that’s the biggest yellow button I’ve ever seen. | 我的天 那是我见过最大的黄色按钮 |
[23:09] | If you’ll read the panel above the button, you’ll learn how the system works. | 如果你读了按钮上面的指示板 就会知道这个系统是怎么运作的 |
[23:13] | ‘To cross street, push yellow button, wait for walk signal. | 过马路 按一下黄色按钮 等待通行信号 |
[23:16] | ‘When signal reads ‘walk’, step into street and proceed to the other side. ‘ | 当信号出现”走”的时候 走下街道然后走过马路 |
[23:20] | – It’s written for morons. – In big, stupid letters, too. | – 真是写给低能看的 – 并且还是用大写的愚蠢的字母写的 |
[23:24] | I hate being infantilized. | 我讨厌被当成小孩 |
[23:25] | Does no one here care about the spate of near-accidents… | 这里是不是没人关心那些 我们过去几年所遭受的 |
[23:29] | we have suffered over the past year? | 如潮水般的未遂事故? |
[23:31] | Near-accidents, meaning they didn’t happen. | 未遂事故 意思就是没有发生的事故 |
[23:33] | Because they didn’t, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ward against them. | 就算没有发生 也不意味着我们不需要去防范了 |
[23:36] | Lots of things don’t happen that we don’t ward against. | 有很多没有发生的事 我们都不去防范的 |
[23:39] | – Like? – Like everything. | – 比如说 – 比如说每一件事 |
[23:41] | So everything doesn’t happen here, meaning nothing happens? | 那么这里没什么事没有发生 就是没事情发生咯? |
[23:44] | It’s not nothing happens. Stuff happens. | 不是没事发生 事情在发生 |
[23:47] | It’s that it’s not everything that’s… | 不是每一件事 |
[23:52] | Damn it, Taylor! | 妈的 Taylor! |
[23:55] | Now for some interesting stats. | 现在有些有趣的数据 |
[23:58] | It’s you, me, Miss Patty, Rory, Babbette. Babbette, you’re coming, right? | 你 我 Patty小姐 Rory Babbette Babbette 你会来的 对吗? |
[24:02] | – Doll, I’m sorry, I won’t be able to make it. – Babbette, no. | – 亲爱的 对不起 我去不了了 – Babbette 不要这样 |
[24:06] | We’re having Morey’s parents over for dinner. | Morey的父母要来吃饭 |
[24:08] | If you cancel on them last minute… | 如果你在最后一分钟 才通知他们取消 |
[24:10] | they’ll stick a red hot poker up your you-know-where. | 他们会把一根红热的拔火棍 放在你的 你知道什么地方 |
[24:13] | We’ll miss you. | 我们会想你的 |
[24:14] | But stick your hand down the front of some guy’s pants for me. | 但你要替我好好享受哦 |
[24:17] | – I hope you’re talking about a stripper. – Whatever. | – 我希望你说的是脱衣舞女 – 无所谓了 |
[24:20] | The length of the walk-signaI’s duration has thoughtfully been timed… | 通行信号的持续时间 已经周到地调整 |
[24:25] | to accommodate the pace of Stars Hollow’s oldest living resident. | 甚至Stars Hollow中 最年老的居民的步调也能适应 |
[24:30] | So to inaugurate the signal, our beloved Mrs. Lanahan… | 所以为了举行这个信号的落成典礼 我们敬爱的Lanahan夫人 |
[24:35] | is going to push the button and lead the first historic group across the street. | 将会摁下按钮并且 带领第一队具有历史性的队伍穿过马路 |
[24:41] | – Ready with the camera, Kirk? – Rolling. | – 照相机准备好了吗 Kirk? – 倒卷 |
[24:45] | The cap is still on the lens, dear. | 镜头盖还没有取下来 亲爱的 |
[24:49] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:52] | I’m not wearing a veil at the party. | 我不会在派对上戴面纱的 |
[24:54] | The bride always wears a veil at the bachelorette party. | 在女生告别单身的派对上 新娘通常都要戴面纱的 |
[24:56] | – I’m not wearing a veil at the wedding. – You’re not? I love veils. | – 我在婚礼上都不戴面纱 – 你不戴? 我太喜欢面纱了 |
[24:59] | – No, we’re going cas. – It’s a big day. You gotta have some pomp. | – 不 我们随意一些 – 这是个大日子 你应该要隆重点的 |
[25:03] | – Elope and get it over with. – No one asked you. | – 私奔 然后就此完事 – 没人问你该怎么做 |
[25:05] | Eloping was not out of the question. | 私奔不是不可能 |
[25:07] | But you don’t get a wedding over with. | 但是你不能让婚礼就这样完事 |
[25:09] | Why not? It’s a bureaucratic civil ceremony, and a pointless one. | 干吗不呢? 这只是墨守成规的 民俗仪式而已 而且毫无意义 |
[25:12] | – Don’t listen to him. – He’s just being Luke. | – 不要听他说 – 他就是典型的Luke |
[25:14] | It’s not biologically natural for people to mate for life. | 生物学上来说 人类找配偶过生活并不正常 |
[25:17] | Animals don’t mate for life. | 动物就不用找配偶过生活 |
[25:19] | Well, ducks do, but who the hell cares what ducks do? | 鸭子会 但谁会见鬼了去关心 鸭子做什么 |
[25:22] | People grow and evolve their whole lives. | 人类成长并进化他们的生命 |
[25:24] | The chances that you’ll grow and evolve at the same rate as someone else… | 你和其他人以相同速率 成长和进化的几率 |
[25:28] | are too slim to take. The minute you say ‘I do’… | 太小了 太难以把握了 从你说 我愿意 那一分钟开始 |
[25:30] | you’re sticking yourself in a tiny little box for the rest of your life… | 你就把你的余生关在了 一个极其小的盒子里 |
[25:34] | but at least you had a party first. | 但至少你能先有个派对 |
[25:36] | Okay, I’m tired of you now. | 好了 我现在听烦了 |
[25:38] | We’re gonna finish this conversation away from Crotchety Guy. | 我们得远离这个怪人 才能继续说话 |
[25:55] | This place looks like fun. | 这个地方看起来很有趣 |
[25:57] | – They’ll never let me in. – They will let you in. | – 他们永远不会让我进去的 – 他们会让你进去的 |
[26:00] | This is a felony, you know, corrupting a minor. | 这是重罪 你知道吗 让未成年人堕落 |
[26:03] | We’ll all end up in the pokey. | 我们都会被关进监狱的 |
[26:04] | He’s right. We’re all going to the pokey. | 他说得没错 我们都要进监狱的 |
[26:06] | Don’t say pokey. It’s creepy. | 不要说监狱 那让人毛骨悚然 |
[26:08] | – Try to look older. – How? | – 尽量看上去老练点 – 怎么做? |
[26:10] | Look like you’re thinking about retirement, 401s. | 看上去好象你在考虑退休的问题 退休金存储计划什么的 |
[26:13] | You should’ve brought your fake beard and mustache. | 你应该带着假的络腮胡和小胡子的 |
[26:15] | Who invited Mr. Snicklefritz? | 是谁邀请Snicklefritz先生的? |
[26:16] | He heard us planning and wanted to come. | 他听到我们计划 就想来 |
[26:18] | I did not know the evening included baby-sitting. | 我不知道晚上还要做保姆带小孩 |
[26:21] | She’s going to get in. | 她会进去的 |
[26:25] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[26:30] | So my bachelor party’s come to a screeching halt. | 我的单身舞会紧急停止了 |
[26:34] | There’s been an accident. I’m fine, but we’re at the hospital. | |
[26:37] | My God, what happened? | 我的天啊发生什么事了? |
[26:38] | We were coming out of the restaurant, going to our next stop… | 我们从饭店走出来 准备去下一站 |
[26:41] | when my brother decides to leapfrog over a parking meter. | 我的兄弟决定 要跳过一个停车计时器 |
[26:44] | – Why did he do that? – Middle child. | – 他干吗要那么做? – 大孩子一个 |
[26:46] | – Poor Jan. – Anyway, he didn’t make it. | – 可怜的Jan – 不管怎样 他没成功 |
[26:49] | Ouch. How drunk was he? | 噢 他喝的有多醉啊? |
[26:51] | He’s saying that the parking meters in Hartford are taller… | 他说他没醉 他是说Hartford的停车计时器比一般的高一点 |
[26:54] | than the parking meters in Duluth, so he miscalculated. | 和Duluth相比 所以他误算了 |
[26:58] | I’ve got a concussion. I’m good. Let’s drink! | 我有点脑震荡 没事 我们去喝酒吧! |
[27:01] | – Hold on a second. You got a concussion? – A little one, though. | – 等一下 你脑震荡? – 只是有一点点 |
[27:05] | – What is he saying? – It’s a mild concussion. | – 他在说什么? – 轻微脑震荡 |
[27:07] | – We’re taking him home. – Take him home, then go hit a strip club. | – 我们要带他回家 – 带他回家 然后再去脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[27:11] | – Excuse me? – I am telling you, this is your last chance… | – 你说什么? – 我是说 这是你的最后机会 |
[27:14] | to look at another woman’s breastage. | 能去看别的女人的大胸部 |
[27:16] | Point well taken. I’ll call you tomorrow. | 接受你的建议 明天打电话给你 |
[27:19] | 好了 今晚的新规定 禁止给未婚夫或男朋友打电话 | |
[27:23] | or anything else like that. It’s girls’ night out! Plus Michel. | 或者任何象这样的事 这是女孩子的晚上 再加上Michel |
[27:29] | It’s $12. And it’s 18 and over. | 12块 还有18岁或者18岁以上 |
[27:32] | She’s 18. | 她18岁 |
[27:34] | That’s right, last week. So it’s a new 18, but it’s 18. | 对 上星期刚满 是个崭新的18岁 但确实是18岁 |
[27:38] | You got some ID? | 你拿到身份证了吗? |
[27:39] | Hey, sir, make way for Rory. That’s her name and her only name. | 嘿 先生 让Rory过去吧 那是她的名字并且是她唯一的名字 |
[27:44] | Rory. Single name, she’s that important. | Rory 单名 她是那么的重要 |
[27:46] | Internationally known international supermodel… | 国际知名 世界性的超级模特 |
[27:48] | and sometimes spokesperson for international products. | 有时候还是一些国际产品的代言人 |
[27:51] | She’s very big in Germany. | 她在德国非常受欢迎 |
[27:53] | Ja, with the Lederhosen and such. | 是啊是啊穿着皮短裤什么的 |
[27:56] | – $12. – Thank you. | – 12块 – 谢谢 |
[27:59] | Danke schon, cutie. | 非常感谢(德语) 帅哥 |
[28:14] | This is a drag club. | 这是一个易装癖俱乐部 |
[28:16] | It’s called the Queen Victoria. What did you expect? Tea and crumpets? | 这里叫维多利亚女王 你还指望什么? 茶和圆饼吗? |
[28:20] | Guys, I guess we’re going to have to stand. | 我想我们得站着了 |
[28:23] | Wait, that one looks open. | 等等 那边看起来没人 |
[28:31] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天啊 |
[28:33] | What in Lucifer’s reach is my mother doing here? | 我妈到底在这里做什么啊? |
[28:36] | – I invited her. – You what? | – 我邀请她来的 – 你什么? |
[28:38] | Just a little surprise for you. I thought it would be a kick. | 只是给你的一点小惊喜 我以为会很开心的 |
[28:45] | Excuse me, sir, you look just like my mother. | 打扰一下 先生 你看起来跟我妈妈有点象 |
[28:48] | Hi, Grandma. Come here often? | 嗨 奶奶 经常来这里吗? |
[28:50] | I should say not. How did you get in? | 我应该说不是 你是怎么进来的 |
[28:52] | Apparently, I’m an internationally known supermodel. | 显然我是一个 国际知名的超级模特 |
[28:54] | – Happy bachelorette party, Lorelai. – Thank you, Mother. | – 告别单身派对快乐 Lorelai – 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[28:58] | In the future, when you plan something and tell a person to show up at 8:00… | 将来 当你计划一些事 告诉一个人你会在8:00出现的时候 |
[29:02] | it is considered good manners for you to also show up at 8:00. | 你就应该在8:00露面 这是好的礼貌 |
[29:05] | I didn’t actually invite you, Mother. Michel did. | 我没有真的邀请你 妈妈 是Michel邀请你的 |
[29:08] | – I feel much better now. – Let’s drink. | – 我现在感觉好多了 – 喝酒吧 |
[29:11] | Looks like Emily’s gotten a head start. What are you drinking? | 看起来 Emily要从头开始了 你在喝什么? |
[29:14] | Manhattan. Good, too. Not too sweet. | 曼哈顿 很好 不会太甜 |
[29:17] | I ordered it from that nice chap dressed as Joan Crawford. | 我从那个漂亮的小伙子那点的 穿得象Joan Crawford的那个 (注:Joan Crawford 著名电影明星 1946年奥斯卡最佳女主角) |
[29:20] | So is there no dancing here? I was hoping there’d be dancing. | 那么这里没有跳舞的吗? 我还希望有跳舞 |
[29:24] | You need to strut, Tony Manero? | 你需要昂首阔步 Tony Manero? (注:Tony Manero 著名演员) |
[29:26] | It is a weekend, and on the weekends, I like to move. | 这是周末 而在周末 我想要动一下 |
[29:29] | And the ladies, they like it, too. | 还有女士们 她们也喜欢的 |
[29:31] | Especially when you move out of town. | 尤其是你搬出城镇之后 |
[29:34] | – Has she eaten? – Yeah, about a quart of wine. | – 她吃东西了吗? – 是的 差不多一夸脱的酒 |
[29:36] | – Hi, Mae West. – What can I get for you? | – 嗨 Mae West – 需要什么吗? |
[29:39] | My dignity back. | 我想要回我的尊严 |
[29:40] | A rum and coke, margarita, no salt, martini with olives, a Shirley Temple. | 一杯朗姆酒和可乐 玛格丽塔酒不加盐 加橄榄的马提尼酒 一杯秀兰 邓波儿酒 |
[29:44] | – Love her. – I’ll have her on the rocks, please. | – 爱她 – 我会把她刻在岩石上的 |
[29:47] | And I’ll have a giant Long Island Iced Tea. | 我要一杯大份的长岛冰茶 |
[29:51] | Coming up. | 马上来 |
[29:53] | Lorelai, how’re you feeling? | Lorelai 感觉怎样? |
[29:55] | I’m tipsy, but just short of seeing pink elephants. | 我有点醉了 但还看不到粉红色的大象 |
[29:58] | I mean about you getting married. It’s only a week away. | 我是说你要结婚了 只剩一个星期了 |
[30:01] | I’m fine. I figured once I got the shoes to match the dress, the rest was just gravy. | 我很好 我想只要我找到鞋子来 配我的裙子了 剩下的就只有肉汁了 |
[30:06] | I must say, I admire your composure. | 我必须得说 我佩服你的镇静 |
[30:08] | The week before my wedding, I was a wreck. | 在我婚礼之前的那个星期 我简直是一副残骸 |
[30:10] | – So was I, before all of mine. – How many was that? | – 我也是 在我所有婚礼之前 – 那有多少? |
[30:13] | There was Sinjen, John, Sergio, Sinjen. Three men, four times. | 有Sinjen John Sergio Sinjen 三个男人 四次婚礼 |
[30:18] | You regret any of them? | 你对他们中的哪一个后悔了吗? |
[30:19] | Sinjen was a letdown the second time… | 和Sinjen的第二次是有点失望 |
[30:22] | but he was my Burton, and I was his Taylor. | 但他是我的Burton 而我是他的Taylor |
[30:25] | I just wish I could’ve found a little Mike Todd in the middle. | 我只是希望我能在其中 找到一点感觉像Mike Todd (注: Mike Todd 好莱坞制作人 伊丽莎白泰勒的前任丈夫) |
[30:28] | I can’t believe it was 34 years ago that I married Richard. | 真不敢相信我是在34年前嫁给了Richard |
[30:31] | I remember it so distinctly. | 记忆忧新 |
[30:33] | – There’s going to be a romantic story. – My stomach was not my friend. | – 那将会是一个浪漫的故事 – 我的胃完全不配合我 |
[30:37] | – It was full of butterflies, I couldn’t eat. – What a bummer. | – 里面好像装满了蝴蝶一样 什么都吃不下 – 真遗憾 |
[30:40] | I was actually weak in the knees, trembling all the time. | 我的膝盖真有点虚弱 不断地在颤抖 |
[30:44] | When I wasn’t actually with Richard, I was thinking about him constantly. | |
[30:48] | Imagining what he was doing, was he thinking about me… | 想着他在做什么 他是否也在想着我 |
[30:51] | making up little scenarios in my head… | 在我的头脑里编造一些情节 |
[30:53] | about how we’d run into each other accidentally at the club… | 像是我们怎样在酒吧里邂逅 奔向对方 |
[30:56] | and he would be playing golf, and I would walk by… | 或者他在打高尔夫球 而我经过 |
[30:59] | and he would be so distracted that he’d completely miss the ball. Silly. | 然后他因为我而分心 完全打偏了球 很蠢吧 |
[31:03] | – It’s sweet. – I was in love. | – 这很甜蜜 – 我那时在恋爱中 |
[31:05] | It is wonderful to be in love. | 恋爱中的感觉是美好的 |
[31:08] | But the thing I remember most was that for the entire week before my wedding… | 但我记得最多清楚的是 在我婚礼之前的整个星期 |
[31:12] | I’d wait till my mother went to sleep, and I’d sneak out of bed… | 我会等到我的妈妈去睡觉了 然后偷溜下床 |
[31:16] | and I’d put on my wedding dress and my tiara and my gloves… | 我会穿上我的结婚礼服 还有我的礼冠 我的手套 |
[31:20] | and I would stare at myself in the mirror and think… | 然后盯着镜子里的自己 想着… |
[31:24] | how very safe I felt… | 我是这么的安全 |
[31:26] | how very right and wise and honored. | 这么的正确 明智 荣耀 |
[31:31] | This is a very good drink. I highly recommend it. | 这酒很不错 我极力推荐 |
[31:34] | Okay, I’ve got to make a call. | 好了 我要去打个电话 |
[31:36] | – Are you calling Jackson? – No. | – 你是要打给Jackson吗? – 不是 |
[31:38] | Well, yes, but it’s only because I need to pick up… | 好吧 是的 但只是因为我需要去拿… |
[31:42] | something I left at his house that, if it’s still there, I should… | 我忘在他家的东西 如果它还在那里 我应该 |
[31:45] | Hi, honey, it’s me. | 嗨 亲爱的 是我 |
[31:47] | And who are you writing to? | 你在跟谁联系呢? |
[31:49] | – I just want to see if Dean’s around. – And thinking about you? | – 我只是想看看Dean是不是在附近 – 有没有想着你? |
[31:57] | – No, not you, too. – No, it’s… I’ll be quick. | – 不 你也这样 – 不 我很快就回来… |
[32:06] | – Hi. – Hi, who’s this? | – 嗨 – 嗨 哪位? |
[32:08] | It’s Trixie from the other night. You never called me. | 我是前些天晚上的那个Trixie 你从没给我打过电话 |
[32:12] | – Lorelai? – You got me. What’re you doing? | – Lorelai? – 猜对了 你在做什么? |
[32:15] | I’m just hanging out. What’re you doing? | 就是瞎混 你在做什么? |
[32:17] | I’m at a bachelorette party. | 在一个单身女郎聚会上 |
[32:20] | – Cool. Whose? – Mine. | – 酷 谁的? – 我的 |
[32:23] | Yours? Wow. | 你的? 喔 |
[32:25] | I know, I’m still kind of wow about it myself. | 我明白 我自己到现在都还很吃惊 |
[32:28] | Who’s the lucky guy? | 那个幸运的家伙是谁? |
[32:29] | You don’t know him. His name’s Max. | 你不认识的 他叫Max |
[32:31] | – Right. Max. – You do know him? | – 好的 Max – 你认识他? |
[32:33] | Rory mentioned him. She didn’t mention it was serious. | Rory提起过他 但是她没说你是认真的 |
[32:36] | It wasn’t. We hooked up, and then it was going good… | 不是的 我们认识后 进展得不错 |
[32:40] | and then we broke up ’cause one of us freaked out. | 但是我们分手了 因为我们中的某人崩溃了 |
[32:42] | – You freaked out. – I freaked out… | – 你崩溃了 – 是的 我崩溃了 |
[32:44] | and then we got back together and it suddenly got very serious. | 然后我们又在一起了 而且突然间就变得非常认真 |
[32:48] | So is he worthy? | 那么他配得上你吗? |
[32:49] | – Is anyone? – Bono, maybe? Bryan Ferry? | – 有人配得上吗? – 或许Bono配得上? 还有Bryan Ferry? (注:Bono是U2乐队的主唱 Bryan Ferry是摇滚乐队ROXYMUSIC的主唱) |
[32:52] | – Get serious. – A young Tom Waits? | – 认真点 – 年轻版的Tom Waits? (注: Tom Waits 著名歌手 声音沙哑) |
[32:54] | Now you’re talking. | 这才对嘛 |
[32:55] | – What’s he like? – He’s great. | – 他是个什么样的人? – 他很棒 |
[32:58] | Could you be a little more vague? | 你就不能说清楚点吗? |
[33:00] | I don’t know, he’s Max. He’s great. | 我不知道 他叫Max 他很棒 |
[33:02] | What’s his CD collection like? | 他收藏什么样的CD? |
[33:04] | Don’t read into his CD collection. | 不要打听他收藏什么样的CD |
[33:06] | Jazz? Classical? What’s the story? | 爵士? 古典? 说来听听 |
[33:08] | It’s kind of a general collection. | 都只是些普通的收藏 |
[33:12] | Are we talking a dozen soundtracks, a few Beatles, a Bob Dylan… | 是不是一堆音带 一些Beatles还有Bob Dylan (注: Bob Dylan 美国摇滚音乐家) |
[33:15] | – plus a generic… – I said don’t. | – 加上一个普通的 – 我说过别说的 |
[33:18] | A lot of people knee-jerked about her first one. Cut them some slack. | |
[33:21] | – Dave Matthews? – A couple of his things are good. | – Dave Matthews? – 他有些音乐还是很棒的 (注:Dave Matthews 著名摇滚乐团) |
[33:24] | – Buena Vista Social Club? – Stop it. | – Buena Vista Social Club – 够了 (注:电影”乐士浮生录”的原声带) |
[33:26] | – Enya? – I’m going to hit you. | – Enya? – 我想打你了 (注:Enya 爱尔兰著名女歌手) |
[33:29] | – I’ll come over and hit you. – You’re at your bachelorette party. | |
[33:33] | – Right. – So why are you calling me? | – 没错 – 那么你为什么打电话给我? |
[33:37] | Because you know me really well. | 因为你真的非常非常了解我 |
[33:40] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[33:41] | And I just wanted to tell someone who knows me really well… | 而我只是想告诉某个非常非常了解我的人 |
[33:45] | that I’m getting married. | 我要结婚了 |
[33:46] | As someone who knows you really well, I say congratulations. | 作为某个非常非常了解你的人 我说句恭喜 |
[33:50] | If you found the guy, I think that’s great. | 如果你找到了你的真命天子 我觉得非常棒 |
[33:53] | And you can picture me married, right? | 你可以想象到我结婚的样子吧? |
[33:55] | Yeah. To the right guy, I can picture you married. | 是的 和命中注定的那个人 我想象得到 |
[33:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:59] | – You should get back to your party. – Right. | – 你该回去你的聚会上了 – 没错 |
[34:04] | – He’s a great guy, Max. – I’m sure he is. | – 他是个很棒的人 Max – 我敢肯定他是的 |
[34:07] | – I was just kidding around. – I know. | – 我刚刚只是闹着玩的 – 我知道 |
[34:09] | – I’ll talk to you later. – Bye. | – 迟些再跟你聊 – 再见 |
[34:12] | – Can you put Trixie back on the phone? – Bye. | – 能把Trixie叫回来听电话吗? – 再见 |
[34:22] | – Michel leave? – No. He said he had to shake his thing. | – Michel走了? – 不 他说他要去摇摇他的身体 |
[34:37] | So how’s your guy? | 那么你的那一位怎么样? |
[34:39] | – How’s Max doing? – Fine. | – Max还好吗? – 很好 |
[34:42] | Everything’s just fine. | 都很好 |
[34:52] | I think I know what an aneurysm feels like before you have it. | 我想我知道你会得什么样子的动脉瘤了 |
[34:56] | Like a baseball the size of a cantaloupe in your head. | 就像哈密瓜一般大的棒球长在你脑袋里 |
[34:58] | – Good one. – What? | – 绝妙的笑话 – 什么? |
[35:00] | – Baseball the size of a cantaloupe. – Yeah. | – 哈密瓜一般大的棒球 – 是的 |
[35:04] | Because a baseball can only be one size, so it’s a Yogi Berra type thing. | 因为棒球只有一种大小 那就是Yogi Berra那一类的事情了 (注: Yogi Berra是YOGI棒球队的接球手以及经理) |
[35:09] | Yogi Bear? | Yogi Bear? |
[35:11] | No. Forget it. | 哦 算了 |
[35:13] | I feel like crap on toast. | 我就像是面包上的大便 |
[35:16] | Where were you after you broke off from the group? | 你从人群中出来后去了哪? |
[35:18] | I sat at a table with Janet Jackson and Celine Dion. Very nice guys. | 我和Janet Jackson还有Celine Dion坐到 一起了 她们人不错 |
[35:23] | By the way, your husband-to-be is out there looking annoyingly perky. | 顺便说句 你未来老公在那里恼人的得意 |
[35:27] | Slap him or I will. | 给他一巴掌 要不我来 |
[35:37] | – You spoke at a normal volume. – Sorry. | |
[35:41] | I’m just mad you’re not more hung over. | 我只是对你没有喝得烂醉感到抓狂 |
[35:43] | – I tried. I did. – Liar. | – 我试过了 真的 – 骗子 |
[35:45] | I drank copiously. | 我喝了很多 |
[35:47] | People who’ve drunk copiously do not use words like ‘copiously’. | 喝多了的人不会说自己喝多了的 |
[35:50] | Ask my brother. | 你可以问我的兄弟 |
[35:52] | How is Mr. McMeterhopper? | McMeterhopper先生怎么样? |
[35:53] | Ironically, he feels better than you. | 很讽刺 他比你好 |
[35:56] | – It’s so wrong. – He’s fine. | – 错到家了 – 他很好啊 |
[35:59] | I was going to drop my printer off at the house, but Rory wasn’t there… | 我正准备把我的打印机放在家里 但是Rory不在 |
[36:02] | and guess who doesn’t have his own set of keys yet? | 猜猜谁还没有他自己家的钥匙呢? |
[36:05] | – I’m guessing it’s you. – It’s still me. | – 我猜是你 – 就是我 |
[36:07] | Max, I’m sorry. I forgot. | Max 我很抱歉 我忘了 |
[36:09] | – Again. – Again. | – 又一次 – 又一次 |
[36:11] | – You’re mad. – No. A little. | – 你生气了 – 不 只有一点点 |
[36:14] | – They’re just keys. – Try being without them and say that. | – 只是一把钥匙 – 等你丢了钥匙再说这话 |
[36:16] | – I’ve lost my keys before. – I haven’t. I never got them. | – 我以前有丢过钥匙 – 我没有 我还没得到钥匙 |
[36:20] | I’m trying really hard not to read too much into this. | |
[36:23] | – Like what? – Like you don’t want me… | – 比如? – 比如说你不希望我 |
[36:25] | having keys or coming in the house. | 拥有钥匙或者是直接到家里去 |
[36:27] | – Max, that’s crazy. – Well, I need keys. | – Max 这太疯狂了 – 好吧 我需要钥匙 |
[36:30] | I need an assistant. | 我需要一个助手 |
[36:32] | You need to think about someone other than yourself for a few minutes a day. | 你需要一天多替别人想几分钟 |
[36:38] | Ouch. | 伤到我了 |
[36:41] | That was too strong. Maybe I am a little hung over. | 有点过火了 可能我有点喝醉了 |
[36:46] | This is not a good day for keys or communication. | 今天不是很适合谈论钥匙或者是交流 |
[36:50] | – I’ll just bring the printer by later. – Bring it tomorrow. | – 我等下就把打印机拿来 – 明天再拿来吧 |
[36:52] | – I’ll bring it tomorrow. – Okay. I’ll have the keys. | – 我明天带过来 – 好的 我会带上给你的钥匙 |
[37:05] | I can’t believe schooI’s already starting. | 不敢相信已经开学了 |
[37:07] | I used to hate school starting. I once flipped the pages back… | 过去我不喜欢开学 我有次把我妈妈的日历 |
[37:10] | on my mom’s calendar and tried to convince her… | 翻了几页回去 想让她相信 |
[37:13] | it was June and not September. | 那时是6月而不是9月 |
[37:15] | – Didn’t work? – Oddly enough. | – 有效吗? – 够奇妙的了 |
[37:17] | – I got an interesting call today. – Yeah? Who? | – 我今天接到个有趣的电话 – 是吗? 谁的? |
[37:20] | – Dad. – Cool. How is he? | – 爸爸 – 酷 他怎么样? |
[37:22] | – I talked to him last night. – He mentioned that. | – 我昨晚跟他说过话 – 他说了 |
[37:25] | – I was about to mention it myself. – That’s quite a coincidence. | – 我本来想自己说的 – 真巧 |
[37:28] | – Did I not mention it last night? – No, not to my knowledge. | – 我昨晚没有提起吗? – 不 据我所知没有 |
[37:31] | I could have sworn I did. | 我发誓我说了 |
[37:33] | – Why did you call him? – Just to check in. | – 你打电话给他干什么? – 只是想确认一下 |
[37:37] | – At your bachelorette party? – Seemed as good a time as any. | – 在你的单身舞会上? – 不管什么时候都一样 |
[37:40] | – To catch up on calls? – Yeah, pretty much. | – 补上以前没打过的电话? – 是的 差不多 |
[37:43] | Seems like a weird time. | 在那个时候打电话有点奇怪 |
[37:46] | – Did he call just to fink on me? – No, he wanted to see what’s up with you. | – 他打给你就是告密吗? – 不 他想知道你发生什么事了 |
[37:50] | He thought it was weird, too. | 他也觉得奇怪 |
[37:51] | Heaven forbid I ever use the phone again. | 上帝保佑我不会再用那个电话 |
[37:54] | Was it when you told us you were calling Max? | 是不是你说你在给Max打电话的时候? |
[37:56] | Somewhere around there. | 差不多吧 |
[37:58] | Why did you say you were calling Max? | 为什么你说你是在跟Max打电话? |
[37:59] | Honey, some day when you’re a little older… | 亲爱的 当你长大一点 |
[38:02] | you will be introduced to something that is extremely seductive but fickle. | 你就会了解某些极具诱惑但是却又变幻无常的东西 |
[38:06] | A fair-weather friend who seems benign but packs a wallop like a donkey kick. | 一个看起来不错的可共患难的朋友 可能会给你重重的一击 |
[38:11] | That is the Long Island Iced Tea. | 因为长岛冰茶 |
[38:14] | The Long Island Iced Tea makes you do things that you normally wouldn’t do. | 长岛冰茶会让你做些平时不会做的事 |
[38:18] | Like lifting your skirt in public… | 比如说当众把裙子掀起来 |
[38:20] | or calling someone you normally wouldn’t call at really weird times. | 或者是在奇怪的时间给某人打不该打的电话 |
[38:23] | I’m not looking forward to meeting it. | 我并不希望这样子 |
[38:25] | I’d definitely walk the other way. | 我真的不该那样做 |
[38:28] | – You know, Dad wants you to be happy. – I know. | – 你明白的 爸爸希望你幸福 – 我明白 |
[38:31] | – And I really want you to be happy. – I know, sweetie. | – 我也真的希望你幸福 – 我知道 甜心 |
[38:34] | You are happy about all this, aren’t you? | 你对这一切都很开心 对吗? |
[38:37] | – Don’t I seem happy? – I guess. | – 我看起来不开心? – 我猜的 |
[38:39] | Okay, then. | 很好 那么 |
[38:41] | – I’ll be in my room if you need me. – Okay. | – 如果有什么需要就到我房间找我 – 好的 |
[39:03] | – What is that? – It’s a huppah. | – 那是什么? – 彩棚 |
[39:06] | – A what? – A huppah. | – 什么? – 彩棚 |
[39:07] | You stand under it, you and Max. It’s for your wedding. | 你和Max站在那下面 为了你的婚礼准备的 |
[39:12] | Yeah, I had some time, so… Give me a hand. | |
[39:16] | – Luke, it’s beautiful. – Well, I saw a picture in a book. | – Luke 它很漂亮 – 嗯 我在一本书上看到的 |
[39:20] | The picture looks better. | 那张图片更好看 |
[39:22] | It’s got carvings. Birds and flowers. | 这上面竟然还雕刻着鸟还有花 |
[39:25] | – Yeah, there’s also a goat. – A goat? | – 对 还有头山羊 – 山羊? |
[39:28] | I don’t know what it stands for, but it was in the picture… | 我不知道那表示什么 但是在图片里 |
[39:32] | – Yeah, goats are good. – Okay, so there you go. | |
[39:36] | What on earth inspired you to do this? | 到底是什么促使你做这个的? |
[39:38] | You’re getting married. You can’t just stand in the hot sun… | 你要结婚了 不能就站在烈日下 |
[39:41] | in the middle of a lawn that hasn’t been mowed in weeks. | 已经很久没有整理过的草地中间 |
[39:44] | – I guess he doesn’t mow? – No, Max isn’t a mower. | – 我猜他没有修草坪? – 没有 他不是个会割草的人 |
[39:46] | Okay, you needed something. Here it is. I’ll mow it if you want. | 正好 这正是你需要的 我可以帮你除草如果你愿意 |
[39:50] | We got one of the Petes from the nursery to do that. | 我们从Pete家找了一个人来帮忙 |
[39:53] | – Big Pete? – Little Pete. | – 大Pete? – 小Pete |
[39:54] | – He’s the better of the Petes. – We’ve always thought so. | – 他是Pete家较好的一个 – 我们一直都这么认为 |
[39:58] | Aren’t huppahs Jewish? | 彩棚不是犹太式的吗? |
[40:03] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[40:05] | Is it okay that Max and I aren’t Jewish? | 我和Max都不是犹太人没关系吗? |
[40:08] | It’s okay by me. | 我是无所谓 |
[40:09] | I mean to stand under it. God won’t smite us or anything? | 我是说站在下面 上帝不会惩罚我们或什么吧? |
[40:13] | I highly doubt it. | 我非常怀疑 |
[40:14] | Plus God would probably have to get a license from Taylor to do any smiting… | 而且就算周末上帝要在Stars Hollow 惩罚什么人也必须先从Taylor那儿 |
[40:18] | in Stars Hollow on a weekend, so I’d say you’re safe. | 拿到份执照 所以我觉得你俩不会有什么事的 |
[40:23] | You know, I wasn’t putting down Max. He seems like a really good guy. | 你知道的 我并不想让Max失望 他真的是个好人 |
[40:27] | – He is, and you were putting him down. – Well, I didn’t mean to. | – 是的 但是你确实让他失望了 – 好吧 我不是故意的 |
[40:32] | Did you mean all those things you said about marriage? | 你是说所有有关于结婚的事? |
[40:36] | – Really want me to repeat them to you? – No. | |
[40:38] | I guess for some people… | 我想对某些人 |
[40:41] | marriage, you know, isn’t the worst thing in the world. | 结婚 你知道 并不是最坏的事 |
[40:44] | I mean, it’s probably better than being hobbled or something like that. | 我是说 可能会比跛脚还是什么的好点 |
[40:50] | And people can evolve together, don’t you think? | 人可以一起进化 你不觉得吗? |
[40:53] | – Maybe. – Yoko and John Lennon did. | – 可能吧 – Yoko和John Lennon做到了 |
[40:56] | They just got closer and closer with time. | 他们只是越来越亲密 |
[40:58] | – At the end, they had the same face. – It got a little spooky. | – 最后 他们都长成一个样了 – 这是不是有点怪异 |
[41:01] | – But cool. – Yeah, they were lucky. | – 但是很酷 – 是的 他们很幸运 |
[41:03] | I guess if you can find that one person who’s willing to put up with all your crap… | 我想如果你能找到一个愿意忍受 你的所有缺点 |
[41:08] | and doesn’t want to change you or dress you… | 并且不希望改变你 或者帮你打扮 |
[41:12] | or make you eat French food, then marriage can be all right. | 也不逼你吃法国菜的人 那你的婚姻一定会很成功 |
[41:16] | But that’s only if you find that person. | 但前提是你找到了那个人 |
[41:20] | Yeah, if you find that person. | 是的 只有当你找到了那个人 |
[41:31] | No one has ever made me a huppah before. | 以前从没有人帮我做过彩棚 |
[41:34] | Well, you only get married once. Theoretically. | 嗯 你只结一次婚 理论上来说 |
[41:38] | Yeah, you only get married once. | 是的 只结一次婚 |
[41:54] | – What? – Pack. | |
[41:55] | – What’s going on? – We are hitting the road. | – 发生什么事了? – 我们要出发了 |
[41:58] | – What? – Pack everything. | – 什么? – 全都打包 |
[42:00] | What’s going on? Why are we hitting the road? | 发生什么事了? 什么我们要出发? |
[42:02] | We haven’t taken a road trip in forever, and the weather is perfect. | 我们还没旅行过 而且天气也很好 |
[42:06] | We can’t take a road trip. You’re getting married this weekend. | 我们不能去旅行 你这个周末要结婚了 |
[42:09] | – Do you have my blue swimsuit? – What about Max? | – 你有没拿我的蓝色泳装? – Max怎么办? |
[42:11] | – We need sunscreen. – Mom, stop. | – 我们需要防晒油 – 妈妈 停下来 |
[42:14] | – What? – Are you and Max getting married? | – 什么? – 你和Max不结婚了吗? |
[42:18] | – No. – Why? | – 不 – 为什么? |
[42:26] | Because I didn’t want to try on my wedding dress every night. | 因为我不想每天晚上都 偷偷试穿我的结婚礼服 |
[42:35] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪? |
[42:40] | – I didn’t really have a particular spot. – Packing for all contingencies. Got it. | – 我没有发现特别的地方 – 全都准备好了 想到了 |
[42:45] | – Light layers. – Yeah, light layers. | – 轻装上阵 – 是的 轻装上阵 |
[42:48] | Do you need a book? | 要带本书吗? |
[42:50] | – That Colette biography. – I lost your place in it. | – 带那本Colette传记 – 我忘了你看到哪了 |
[42:53] | – It’s okay, I have to start over anyway. – You got it. | – 没事 我本来也得重新开始了 – 我拿到了 |
[42:55] | – And hurry. – Are we going tonight? | – 快点 – 我们今晚就出发? |
[42:57] | – First thing in the morning. – Sevenish? | – 清晨第一件事 – 7点左右? |
[42:59] | Fiveish. It’ll be more like sixish. | 5点左右 我更喜欢6点 |
[43:02] | Let’s shoot for fiveish. | 那就定在5点多 |
[43:03] | You are crazy, and I love it. | 你疯了 但是我喜欢 |
[43:11] | – Wow, totally deserted. – We’re the last ones left. | – 喔 完全是一片荒凉 – 我们是最后的人类了 |
[43:15] | – So are we almost there? – We’re almost there and nowhere near it. | – 那我们快到了吗? – 我们快到了 就在附近的某个地方 |
[43:18] | All that matters is we’re going. | 最重要的是我们将要出发了 |
[43:20] | – We’re practically gone already. – Look out, world. | – 我们已经出发了 – 小心了 世界 |
[44:26] | English |