时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – How are the eggs? – Good. | – 鸡蛋怎么样? – 不错 |
[00:04] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[00:08] | – They’re still good. – I’m still glad. | – 它们还是不错 – 我还是很开心 |
[00:10] | – Freak, we’ll not be late. – It’s the first day. | – 怪胎 我们不会迟到的 – 今天是开学的第一天 |
[00:12] | – I want to get there early. – We will. I promise. | – 我想提前到 – 会的 我保证 |
[00:15] | I have different classes this year. My routes aren’t the same. | 今年我有不同的课程 路线不一样了 |
[00:18] | I haven’t found the quickest path around. And they moved my locker. | 我还没找到最快的路线 而且他们移动了我的柜子 |
[00:21] | If it doesn’t work properly I’ll have to get a new one. | 如果柜子有问题 我还要换个新的 |
[00:24] | God knows how long that’ll take and where it’ll be. | 鬼才知道要花多长时间还有它会在哪里 |
[00:26] | That could send the whole day into chaos. | 这会把一整天都搞砸了 |
[00:29] | I’m just excited. | 我只是很兴奋 |
[00:30] | – Thank God, you haven’t left yet. – No, what’s up? | – 谢天谢地 你们还没走 – 没 怎么了? |
[00:33] | I found the greatest record store in the world. | 我发现了这世界上最好的唱片店 |
[00:35] | It’s 10 minutes from your school. How much do you love me? | 离你学校只有10分钟路程 你有多爱我? |
[00:38] | Address? | 地址呢? |
[00:39] | Record Breaker Incorporated, 2453 Berlin Turnpike. | Breaker唱片公司 Berlin Turnpike路2453号 |
[00:43] | – Got it. Place your order now. – Yes. Okay. | – 收到 现在下单 – 好的 Ok |
[00:47] | Charles Mingus, The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady. | Charles Mingus 的 The Black Saint 和 The Sinner Lady [注:Charles Mingus 爵士传奇贝斯大师] |
[00:50] | – The Sonics, Here Are the Sonics. – Burn me a copy. | – The Sonics 这还有the Sonics – 刻录一张给我 |
[00:53] | – Next. – MC5, Kick Out The Jams. | – 下一个 – MC5(朋克乐队)的Kick Out The Jams |
[00:56] | Fairport Convention, Liege & Lief. Bee Gees, Odessa. | Fairport Convention的Liege & Lief Bee Gees Odessa |
[00:58] | Really? | Bee Gees 真的? |
[00:59] | – Mojo says. – So it must be true. | – Mojo的says – 那一定是真的 |
[01:01] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[01:03] | If I could find a copy of Whistler, Chaucer, Detroit and Greenhill… | 如果我还能找到 Whistler Chaucer和Detroit and Greenhill… |
[01:06] | I will finally be done with the ’60s. | 我就收集完60年代的了 |
[01:08] | I can get there today. Tomorrow at the latest. | 我今天就能到那 最迟明天 |
[01:10] | – I love it when you go back to school. – Me, too. | – 你回学校来我真是太开心了了 – 我也是 |
[01:13] | I am getting doughnuts for later. As soon as I do, I’ll take you to school… | 为过一会准备点甜甜圈 一搞定就送你去学校… |
[01:16] | and nice men in white coats will pick you up. | 穿着白大衣的英俊男士会去接你的 |
[01:19] | Everybody, listen up: | 大家 听好: |
[01:20] | Decide what you want, place your order, proceed to the end of the line. | 做好决定 下单 然后排到队伍的最后 |
[01:23] | – I want a burger. – I want grilled cheese. | – 我要汉堡 – 我要烤奶酪 |
[01:25] | And I want fries. And make them really crispy. | 我要薯条 要很脆的那种 |
[01:28] | – I want mine crispy, too. – You didn’t order fries. | – 我也要脆的 – 你没点薯条 |
[01:31] | You can’t order crispy fries without first ordering fries. | 在没点薯条之前 你不能直接就说要脆的薯条 |
[01:34] | Why not? | 为什么不行? |
[01:35] | You can’t make something crispy that doesn’t exist. | 因为你没办法把不存在的东西弄脆 |
[01:37] | – Why not? – Get him away from me. | – 为什么不能? – 让他离我远点 |
[01:39] | Have some respect. | 尊重一下别人 |
[01:40] | These boys just completed the first leg of their outdoor-survival training. | 这群孩子刚完成野外求生训练的第一阶段 |
[01:45] | Meaning you had them sit under a tree and glue rocks together. | 也就是你要他们坐在树下 花两小时把石头粘在一块 |
[01:48] | You’re a very jaded man. What happened to you as a child? | 你还真是个无情的人 你孩提时期发生了什么事? |
[01:51] | A creepy guy in shorts and knee socks tried to sit me under a tree… | 一个穿着短裤 长袜的恐怖男人 试图要我坐在树下… |
[01:54] | and glue rocks together. | 花两个小时把石头粘在一起 |
[01:56] | – Put that down. – Why? | – 把那放下 – 为什么? |
[01:57] | – Otherwise you’re going under it. – I won’t fit. | – 除非你想钻进去 – 我钻不进的 |
[01:59] | – Yes, you will. – Doughnuts, please. | – 不 你行的 – 请给我甜甜圈 |
[02:01] | – We were here first! – On the planet? | – 我们先来的! – 这个星球? |
[02:04] | You lose. Chocolate cinnamon and sprinkles. | 你输了 还要洒满肉桂和巧克力 |
[02:08] | Pipe down! | 闭嘴 |
[02:10] | Grumps, huh? | 闹情绪? |
[02:11] | Yeah, I’m working. What do you think I’m doing? | 是的 我在工作 你以为我在干嘛? |
[02:15] | Man. What did you do? | 伙计 你在干嘛? |
[02:17] | Excuse me? Are you serious? | 抱歉? 你是认真的? |
[02:20] | Mr. Doose, she’s not supposed to do that. | Mr Doose 她不应该这么说 |
[02:24] | That’s right. She’s breaking the rules… | 没错 她破坏规则了… |
[02:26] | and people who break the rules… | 不管谁破坏了规则… |
[02:28] | end up very lonely with no friends because they become society’s outcasts. | 最终都会孤单一人 因为他们会成为社会的弃儿 |
[02:33] | Planning on burning a little Huck Finn after lunch? | 考虑在饭后烧个小Huck Finn [注:Huck Finn,马克?吐温小说《顽童历险记》中的人物,是个孤儿] |
[02:35] | – Excuse me? – This is unbelievable! | – 你说什么? – 实在是难以置信 |
[02:37] | You will never change, will you? | 你就不能改变一下? |
[02:41] | Okay, fine. | OK 好的 |
[02:42] | Do what you want, make the arrangements. | 随便你了 就这么定了 |
[02:44] | Now, I’m working. We’ll finish this later. | 我先工作 等会再算帐 |
[02:48] | – Is everything okay? – Do you have a sister? | – 一切都好吗? – 你有没有姐妹? |
[02:51] | – No. – I do. | – 没有 – 我有 |
[02:52] | – You have my sympathies. – Thanks. I appreciate that. | – 同情你 – 非常感谢 |
[03:59] | – Hey. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 你好 |
[04:00] | – What are you doing? – Just redecorating the sidewalk. | – 你在干嘛? – 只是重新装饰下人行道 |
[04:03] | – Looks nice. – You don’t think too much blue? | – 不错 – 不觉得太蓝了? |
[04:05] | – No, just enough. – Thanks for the input. You can go now. | – 不 刚刚好 – 谢谢你的投入 你可以走了 |
[04:09] | – Need some help? – Nope. | – 需要帮忙吗? – 不需要 |
[04:14] | Do you need some help? | 需要帮忙吗? |
[04:17] | Since when do you buy Frosted Flakes? | 你什么时候开始买Frosted Flakes了? [注:一种谷类食品] |
[04:22] | – Okay, now, what is going on? – Nothing. | – ok 发生什么事了? – 没什么 |
[04:25] | Nothing? You just woke up this morning… | 没什么? 你今天早上一起来… |
[04:28] | and decided to buy every food item in the world… | 就想买下世上所有食品… |
[04:30] | – that you don’t actually eat? – It’s not for me. | – 甚至是你不吃的? – 不是给我买的 |
[04:32] | – Who is it for? – Someone who’s not me. | – 那是给谁的? – 反正不是我 |
[04:37] | – Like who? – Like my nephew. | – 比如说? – 比如说 我外甥 |
[04:39] | – Your nephew’s coming to visit. – No, he’s coming to stay. | – 你外甥要来拜访? – 不 要来住一段时间 |
[04:42] | – Your sister’s moving here? – No. | – 你的妹妹要搬过来? – 不来 |
[04:45] | – I’m sorry, I don’t get it. – There’s nothing to get. She’s just Liz. | – 抱歉 我不明白 – 没什么要搞明白的 她就是Liz |
[04:49] | She’s busy, she can’t handle him, she’s sending him here. | 她很忙 没法照顾他 就把他送来了 |
[04:52] | Where’s his dad? | 他的父亲呢? |
[04:53] | The great prize that my sister picked up at a Der Wienerschnitzel… | 我妹妹在Der Wienerschnitzel捡到的头奖… |
[04:57] | left her about two years ago, whereabouts unknown. | 两年前离开了她 不知去哪了 |
[05:02] | So she’s sending him here, just like that? | 所以要把他送过来 就这样? |
[05:04] | No, I’m sure she put at least five or six minutes of thought into it. | 不 我肯定她考虑过5,6分钟的 |
[05:08] | But why? | 但是为什么? |
[05:10] | He’s been getting into some trouble… | 他遇到些困难… |
[05:11] | and Liz is afraid he’s heading for something bad… | Liz害怕他会往不好的方向发展… |
[05:14] | and rather than handle it herself, she’s given up. | 她宁愿放弃也不愿自己处理 |
[05:17] | She’s sending him here so I can straighten him out. | 她把他送过来 好让我教导教导他 |
[05:20] | – You? – Yes. | – 你? – 是的 |
[05:22] | – You can straighten him out? – Yes. | – 你能帮他洗脑子? – 是的 |
[05:24] | Luke, the great communicator, you’re going to straighten the kid out? | Luke 伟大的交流者 你要教导这孩子? |
[05:27] | All he needs is a change of pace, a new crowd… | 他只需要调整下心情 一个新的环境 |
[05:30] | and to get away from the nut job… | 并摆脱他那份愚蠢的工作… |
[05:33] | that unfortunately is my sister. | 不幸的是是我妹妹嘱咐的 |
[05:36] | – How long is he staying? – I don’t know. Indefinitely. | – 他要呆多久? – 我不知道 不确定 |
[05:40] | – How old is he? – Seventeen. | – 他多大? – 17岁 |
[05:43] | That is very generous of you. | 你真是太慷慨了 |
[05:46] | – It’s family. What else can you do? – Right. | – 这就是家人 那你还能做什么? – 也对 |
[05:48] | – What kind of trouble has he gotten into? – Just kid stuff. | – 他遇到什么麻烦了? – 就是些孩子的事情 |
[05:51] | You know, staying out late, getting rowdy. | 你知道的 很晚回家 脾气暴躁 |
[05:56] | – I don’t know exactly. – You might want to find out. | – 我不清楚 – 你会很想知道的 |
[05:59] | Ask a couple of subtle questions. Has he seen The Shawshank Redemption? | 问一堆敏感的问题 他有没看过The Shawshank Redemption(肖申克的救赎)? |
[06:03] | Did the setting seem homey to him? Stuff like that. | 这些摆设对他来说有家的感觉吗? 这些东西 |
[06:05] | His problem is obvious. It’s his mother. | 他的问题很明显就是他母亲 |
[06:08] | We never could count on Liz for anything. | 我们从来就没法依靠Liz |
[06:11] | Our mom died when we were kids, right? It was just my dad, me, and Liz. | 我们母亲在我们还小的时候就去世了 只有父亲 我和Liz |
[06:16] | My dad worked all the time and I worked in the store with my dad… | 父亲一直都在工作 我也在店里帮忙… |
[06:19] | and Liz was off doing God knows what. | Liz却不知在做什么 |
[06:22] | I bet losing her mom so early was hard on her. | 我肯定过早地失去母亲对她来说很痛苦 |
[06:24] | It was hard on all of us but we did our part. | 我们都很痛苦 但是我们都做了自己该做的 |
[06:27] | And the minute she graduates high school, she is out of here. | 她高中一毕业就离开了 |
[06:30] | Didn’t matter that my dad was sick. Didn’t matter that the store was failing. | 一点都不在乎父亲病了 一点都不在乎这家店的兴亡 |
[06:34] | She just took off. Married the hot dog king, had a kid, he left. | 就只是离开了 和热狗王结了婚 生了个孩子 他也离开了她 |
[06:37] | Now here we are. | 现在就这样 |
[06:39] | – Yeah. I’m sorry, what are you doing? – I’m blowing this up. | – 好的 抱歉 你在做什么呢? – 我在把这个吹起来 |
[06:43] | – What is it? – It’s a bed. | – 这是什么? – 床 |
[06:44] | – A bed? – For Jess. | – 床? – 给Jess的 |
[06:45] | – Jess? – My nephew. | – Jess? – 我外甥 |
[06:47] | That’s not a bed, that’s a raft. | 这不是床 这是个救生筏 |
[06:49] | It’s fine if you’ll build a moat around the diner… | 如果你在餐馆周围修条壕沟就更好了… |
[06:51] | – It’s fine. – The kid needs a bed. | – 这不错 – 这孩子需要一张床 |
[06:53] | If you want to get him something inflatable, make it a blonde. | 如果你要给他充气的 那就给他个金发的(充气娃娃) |
[06:56] | I’m getting him a bed. This is just temporary. | 我会给他床的 这只是暂时的 |
[06:58] | – How does Jess feel about this? – I don’t know. | – Jess会怎么想呢? – 不知道 |
[07:01] | – You haven’t talked to him about it? – No. | – 你还没跟他说过? – 没有 |
[07:04] | – Don’t you think you should? – Why? He doesn’t have a choice. | – 你不觉得你该跟他说一声吗? – 为什么? 他没得选择 |
[07:06] | His mom’s a flake, he’s coming here. End of story. | 他老妈是个怪人 他要来这里住 故事结束 |
[07:09] | – Are you sure you’re ready for this? – Of course. | – 你确定你已经准备好了? – 当然 |
[07:12] | Taking on a full-time kid, that’s a lot of work. | 照顾一个孩子 可有很多事要做 |
[07:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:16] | A 17-year-old who’s been in trouble and is being shipped off… | 一个遇到困难的17岁孩子 未经他同意就… |
[07:19] | without his consent, that could be harder. | 遭遣送 一定很痛苦 |
[07:21] | All he needs is to be around someone who’s not a selfish basket case… | 他只需要呆在一个不自私的人身边 |
[07:24] | who will give him a little space, who will treat him like a man. | 给他一点空间 把他当成人一样看待 |
[07:27] | – You should think about this. – There’s nothing to think about. | – 你应该考虑这些 – 没什么要考虑的 |
[07:30] | You take care of family. Period. | 你照看你的家人 句号 |
[07:32] | I respect that. But what if he turns out to be Fredo? | 我尊重这个 如果他是Fredo怎么办? |
[07:34] | – Are you telling me not to do this? – No, I’m not. | – 你是不是在叫我不要这么做? – 不 不是 |
[07:38] | Then what are you saying? | 那你在说什么? |
[07:39] | I’m just saying that if you need any help, I’m here. | 我只是说如果你需要帮助 我就在这里 |
[07:43] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 客气了 |
[07:45] | I got a lot of things to do before he gets here. | 他来这之前我还有很多事要做 |
[07:47] | Okay, I’m leaving. | OK 我走了 |
[07:52] | – You do have an extra set of sheets, right? – Yes, I do. | – 你还有多余的床单吧? – 有的 |
[07:56] | Sorry. Just checking. Bye. | 抱歉 只是顺便问下 Bye |
[08:03] | Sheets. | 被单 |
[08:17] | Okay, round two. | OK 第二回合 |
[08:20] | – Five seconds? – Four. | – 5秒? – 4秒 |
[08:22] | – Fine. – Now it’s three. | – 好的 – 只剩3秒了 |
[08:23] | – Paris, it does not have to be like this. – No? | – Paris 没必要这样子 – 没有? |
[08:25] | You and I are going to spend a lot of time together on the Franklin. | 你和我还要在Franklin合作好长一段时间 |
[08:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:30] | We’re going to sit in the same classroom, share the same oxygen. | 我们还必须坐在同一间教室 呼吸同样的空气 |
[08:33] | – Occasionally make eye contact. – I can avoid that. | – 偶尔目光接触 – 我会避免的 |
[08:36] | I’m not saying that we should be friends. I don’t want that. | 我不是说我们必须做朋友 我不想这样 |
[08:39] | I’m just saying that we should look at this like life. | 我只是说我们必须把这当成生活 |
[08:42] | – Life? – Yes, in life… | – 生活? – 是的 在生活中… |
[08:44] | there will be people you don’t like but you have to coexist with. | 会遇到你不喜欢的人 但你必须和他共处 |
[08:48] | – I’m well aware of that. – So I’m just suggesting that we coexist. | – 我很清楚 – 我只是提议我们和平共处 |
[08:51] | You’re scared I’ll make your life on the Franklin a living hell. | 你害怕我会让你在 Franklin的日子就像个活地狱 |
[08:54] | Especially since I’m the editor and you’re… | 尤其是我成了编辑 而你… |
[08:56] | What’s the word? Not. | 那话怎么说来着? 不是 |
[08:59] | If you want to spend the precious energy that you would spend on the paper… | 如果你想把本该花在校刊上宝贵的精力… |
[09:02] | obsessing on making me miserable, then that’s your choice. | 用来让我难过, 那是你的选择 |
[09:05] | I’m just suggesting an alternate plan. | 我只是提议另外一个选择 |
[09:07] | – The paper could be really great this year. – I know. | – 这份校刊真的很重要今年 – 我知道 |
[09:11] | So can’t we agree on that and make the rest of it go away? | 那我们能把精力集中在那上面而 不去管其他的吗 |
[09:14] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗? |
[09:15] | Yeah, everything’s fine. We were just talking. | 是的 一切都好 我们只是在说话 |
[09:18] | – Talking? You two? – About the Franklin. | – 说话? 你们俩? – 关于Franklin |
[09:22] | Nope, still seems weird. | – 没什么 只是看起来很怪 |
[09:25] | We’re all on the paper together. | 我们已经把全部精力集中在校刊上了 |
[09:26] | There’s going to be a lot of long afternoons and weekends. | 会有许多漫长的下午和周末 |
[09:29] | – We need to coexist. Right? – Right. | – 我们需要和平共处 对吧? – 没错 |
[09:32] | I’m sorry, back up to the weekends. | 抱歉 倒退回周末 |
[09:35] | So that’s what we’ll do. The first meeting of the Franklin is today. | 那就是我们要做的 Franklin的第一次会议就是今天 |
[09:38] | – Yes, it is. – 4:00. | – 是的 – 4:00 |
[09:40] | Sounds good. | 不错 |
[09:43] | Weekends were never mentioned. I need my weekends. | 从来没有提到过周末 |
[09:45] | All of this gets done on weekends. | 这些都需要周末完成 |
[10:10] | – Jess – Luke – Jess. – Luke. | |
[10:17] | Okay, so… | OK 那么… |
[10:33] | This is my diner. | 这是我的餐馆 |
[10:36] | It belonged to your grandpa. | 你外公留下来的 |
[10:49] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[10:52] | It’s pretty simple. This is the room. | 布置非常简单 这是我的房间 |
[10:55] | That’s my bed. That’s your bed for now, but the sheets are new. | 那是我的床 这是你暂时的床 但是床单都是新的 |
[11:00] | There’s the bathroom, there’s the closet, there’s the dresser… | 那边是浴室 衣柜在那 化妆台在那 |
[11:03] | the phone, and over there is the kitchen. | 电话 那边是厨房 |
[11:07] | I’ve got Frosted Flakes. | 我有Frosted Flakes |
[11:08] | Wow, that’s great. | 喔 太棒了 |
[11:12] | – Is that all your stuff? – Yup. | – 这就是全部的东西? – 是的 |
[11:16] | – Not much there. – Lizzie’s sending the rest later. | – 不是很多 – Lizzie迟些会把剩下的寄来 |
[11:20] | – You need some help? – Nope. | – 需要帮忙吗? – 不需要 |
[11:23] | I have to get back to the diner. | 我必须回餐馆了 |
[11:26] | – I’m going to close at 10:00, so I thought… – See you at 10:00. | – 我10:00关门 所以我想… – 10:00见 |
[11:30] | – But wait. You need keys. – No, I don’t. | – 等下 你需要钥匙 – 不 我不需要 |
[11:36] | I so don’t want to know why. | 我非常不想知道为什么 |
[12:30] | The op-ed page is sad. It’s worse than sad. It’s unopinionated. | 这篇专栏文章很伤感 比伤感更糟 不予评论 |
[12:34] | Pick a side, people. | 选一方 大家 |
[12:37] | – Rory. – Hey. | – 嗨 |
[12:38] | – Nice of you to join us. – I thought we were starting at 4:00. | – 很高兴你加入我们 – 我以为我们4:00开始 |
[12:41] | No, we start at 3:15 sharp. | 不是 我们准确的于3:15开始 (不 我们3:15准时开始) |
[12:43] | – We’re wasting time here. – Take a seat. | – 我们在这浪费时间 – 坐下 |
[12:46] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:47] | Okay, so we were just finishing up handing out the first assignments. | OK 那我们刚刚完成第一个任务 |
[12:51] | Rory, unfortunately, since you got here so late… | Rory 很不幸的 既然你来迟了… |
[12:53] | everything of interest has been given out. | 有兴趣的都已经分出去了 |
[12:55] | – Why, I’m shocked. – Wait, just let me check my list here. | – 为什么 真令人吃惊 – 等等 让我核对一下单子 |
[12:59] | There might be something left for you. | 可能还有什么留给你 |
[13:02] | They’re paving the new parking lot tomorrow. | 他们在为明天的新停车场铺路 |
[13:04] | – And? – You can cover it. | – 还有? – 你可以考虑下 |
[13:06] | – Cover what? – The paving process. | – 考虑什么? – 铺路过程 |
[13:08] | – You’re serious? – Absolutely. | – 你是认真的吗? – 绝对是 |
[13:10] | I’m sure there’s an angle somewhere. | 我肯定那里有东西可写 |
[13:12] | Is it environmentally safe? What are the financial ramifications? | 环境安全吗? 有什么财政问题? |
[13:16] | Should brick have been considered, taking into account the architecture? | 要把砖列入建筑学报告范围内吗? |
[13:19] | Yeah, I get the idea. | 是 我明白了 |
[13:21] | If you think this is below you, you can wait until the next issue. | 如果你觉得这是在贬低你 那你可以等下一个议题 |
[13:25] | You can use this time to get a nice manicure. | 你可以利用这次时间来美甲 |
[13:27] | – That’s okay. – Maybe get a massage. | – 很好 – 或许还可以按摩下 |
[13:29] | – I’ll do it. – Aromatherapy. Smell like a peach. | – 我会去做的 – 香味按摩 闻起来就像个桃子 |
[13:32] | – I’ll do it, okay? I’ll cover the paving. – Okay, good. | – 我会做的 OK? 我会考虑铺路的事的 – OK 很好 |
[13:34] | I guess that’s it. | 我想就这样了 |
[13:44] | – Problem, Miss Gilmore? – No problem at all. I love this assignment. | – 有问题吗 Miss Gilmore? – 一点问题也没有 我爱死这功课了 |
[13:47] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[13:48] | I’ll write the best piece on pavement you’ve read. | 我会写出你读过的 最好的关于铺路的文章 |
[13:50] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[13:52] | I’ll be thrilled with next week’s scoop on the plumbing installation. | 我会为去挖下星期管道安装的新闻兴奋的 |
[13:55] | I like a team player. | 我喜欢合作的队员 |
[13:56] | No matter how many crappy, stupid assignments you throw at me… | 不过你仍多少蹩脚 愚蠢的任务给我… |
[14:00] | I’m not going to quit, and I’m not going to back down. | 我都不会退出 我也不会放弃 |
[14:02] | You can go home tonight and think about the fact… | 你可以今晚在家里想想现实… |
[14:05] | that no matter what you do and how evil you are… | 不管你做什么 还有你多邪恶… |
[14:07] | at the end of the year, on my high school transcript… | 年底 我的成绩单上… |
[14:09] | it will say that I worked on the Franklin. | 都会说我在Franklin工作过 |
[14:11] | If you’ll excuse me, I have some reading to do on the origins of concrete. | 如果你不介意 我需要读些关于混凝土来源的资料了 |
[14:16] | A thousand words on my desk on Tuesday. | 星期2放到我桌子上 要1000字 |
[14:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:37] | Hi. | 嘿 |
[14:39] | – Sorry. – No, I just… | – 抱歉 – 不 我只是… |
[14:41] | – You want some coffee? – I’ll just lick it off the table. | – 要咖啡吗? – 我会把它舔掉的 |
[14:44] | – So? – So what? | – 那么? – 那么什么? |
[14:46] | – Is he here? – He’s here. | – 他来了? – 他来了 |
[14:48] | – Yeah? How is he? – He’s fine. | – 是吗? 他怎么样? – 很好 |
[14:49] | – Did he see the bed? – He saw the bed. | – 他看到那床了? – 看到了 |
[14:52] | – Where is he? I want to meet him. – He’s out. | – 他在哪? 我想见见他 – 他出去了 |
[14:54] | – Out where? – I don’t know. | – 出去哪了? – 我不知道 |
[14:57] | – You don’t? – No, he just went out. | – 你不知道? – 不 他只是出去了 |
[14:59] | – You didn’t ask him where he was going? – No. | – 你没问他去哪里? – 没有 |
[15:01] | – Why not? – Because he’s not two. | – 为什么? – 因为他不是2岁大 |
[15:03] | But, Luke, he’s new in town. He doesn’t know his way around yet. | 但是 Luke 他是新来的 他还不认识附近的路 |
[15:07] | Way around what? This is Stars Hollow. | 什么路? 这里是Stars Hollow |
[15:09] | Take three left turns, you’re back in the center of town. | 左转3次 你就回到镇中心了 |
[15:11] | When a kid goes out, you have to ask where he’s going. | 当一个小孩出门 你必须问他去哪里 |
[15:14] | – Why? – Because you’re responsible for him now. | – 为什么? – 因为你现在要对他负责 |
[15:17] | If he knocks over a liquor store, it’s going to be your fault. | 如果他抢劫了家卖酒的商店 这就是你的过错了 |
[15:20] | If I had asked him and he actually intended to knock off a liquor store… | 如果我已经问过他了 而他确实 想抢劫家卖酒的店… |
[15:24] | you really think he would have told me? | 你真的觉得他会告诉我? |
[15:26] | – Lf he’s dumb. – He’s fine. New topic. | – 换行 他是哑巴 – 他很好 新话题 |
[15:29] | Jess, good. I’d like you to meet someone. | Jess 好 我想你见见某人 |
[15:31] | Hi. I’m Lorelai. | 嗨 我是Lorelai |
[15:34] | I wanted to meet you before Luke filled your head… | 我想在Luke在你脑袋填满各种关于我的… |
[15:36] | with all kinds of lies about me. | 谎言之前见你一面 |
[15:38] | You should meet my daughter. She’s about your age. | 你应该见见我的女儿 她跟你差不多大 |
[15:41] | She can show you where all the good wilding goes on. | 她会告诉你哪里长着不错的野生植物 |
[15:45] | Okay, it’s nice to meet you. | OK 很高兴见到你 |
[15:47] | I hope you like it here. | 我希望你喜欢这里 |
[15:51] | So, class dismissed. | 那么 下课了 |
[15:53] | Are you hungry? ‘Cause I can… | 你饿了没? 因为我可以… |
[15:57] | – So that’s Jess. – Yep. | – 这位是Jess – 是的 |
[15:59] | Very chatty. | 很健谈 |
[16:00] | He’s adjusting. He just got here. | 他还在适应 他刚到这 |
[16:03] | He probably just realized there are 12 stores in this town… | 他可能刚认识到这镇上只有12间店… |
[16:06] | devoted entirely to peddling porcelain unicorns. | 热衷于沿街叫卖独角兽瓷器 |
[16:08] | I’ve lived in this town my entire life, I still can’t believe it. | 我仍然无法相信我在这过了一生 |
[16:11] | – I’m sure that’s it. – He’ll be fine in a few days. | – 我肯定是这样的 – 他过几天就好了 |
[16:14] | I have a fabulous idea. What are you doing tomorrow night? | 我有个难以置信的好主意 你们明天晚上有节目吗? |
[16:16] | Why? | 为什么这么问? |
[16:17] | Why don’t you and Jess come over for dinner? | 你和Jess为什么不过来吃一顿? |
[16:19] | Sookie will cook, Rory will be there. | Sookie会做饭的 Rory也在 |
[16:22] | It’ll be a little, ‘Hey, welcome to Stars Hollow. | 有点像 ‘嗨 欢迎来到Stars Hollow’ |
[16:24] | ‘See, everyone here is not straight out of a Fellini film’ kind of an evening. | ‘看 这里的每个人都不直接来自于 Fellini(意大利影星)的电影’这样的晚会 |
[16:29] | – Okay, that would be nice. Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – OK 一定会很棒的 谢谢 – 不用谢 |
[16:32] | – You won’t bring up the bed? – I’ll definitely bring up the bed. | – 你不会带上你的床吧? – 肯定不会 |
[16:40] | – My God, I hate her. – Me, too. | – 天啊 我恨她 – 我也是 |
[16:42] | – You’ve no idea who I’m talking about. – Solidarity, sister. | – 你根本不知道我在说谁 – 团结 姐妹 |
[16:45] | – Paris. – That I should have guessed. | – Paris啊 – 我应该早猜到 |
[16:47] | – She can’t torture me off the paper. – No, she can’t. | – 她不可能靠折磨我 就让我离开报社的 – 是的 她不行 |
[16:50] | I have never met anyone like her. | 我还没见过像她这样的人 |
[16:52] | Her insistence on holding on to this stupid grudge… | 她对继续这愚蠢的怨恨的坚持… |
[16:54] | that is based on nothing and will never end… | …根本就是毫无根据的 而且不会完结… |
[16:56] | shows commitment that I would have never thought possible. | 使我怎么也想不到的一些琐事 |
[16:59] | – I’m beginning to admire her. – First day sucked? | – 我开始羡慕她 – 第一天很糟吗? |
[17:02] | – Just the paper stuff. The rest was good. – I’m glad to hear it. | – 只有那些文案工作 其他的还好 – 听到你这么说我就安心了 |
[17:05] | Did you happen to run into Max? | 你没有’恰好’碰到Max吗? |
[17:08] | – Actually, no. – Really? | – 没有啊 – 真的? |
[17:10] | Yeah. Our paths just didn’t cross. | 是啊 我们的路线不同 |
[17:12] | – Isn’t he your lit. Teacher? – Yeah. | – 他不是你的文学老师吗? – 是啊 |
[17:15] | But I have really tall people sitting in front of me. | 但是坐在我前面的人真的太高了 |
[17:19] | I saw him in the hallway and I walked the other way. | 我在走廊看到他了 但是我避开他了 |
[17:22] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:23] | I thought that’s what you’d want me to do. | 我以为你会要我这么做啊 |
[17:25] | Just because Max isn’t a part of my life anymore… | 虽然Max已经不是我生活的一部分了 |
[17:27] | doesn’t mean he can’t be a part of yours. | 但不意味着他不是你生活的一部分啊 |
[17:29] | He has to be. You have to see him and talk to him. | 他必须是你生活的一部分 你一定要见见他 和他谈谈 |
[17:32] | And that’s okay. That’s good. | 没关系的 那很好 |
[17:34] | I know everything seems screwed up right now… | 我知道所有事现在看起来非常糟糕 |
[17:36] | but I don’t want you to avoid him. | 但是我不希望你刻意躲着他 |
[17:38] | – Especially not on my account, okay? – All right. | – 尤其不要因为我 好吗? – 好吧 |
[17:41] | – I’m sorry I put you in this position. – That’s okay. | – 让你陷在这么尴尬的位置真是对不起 – 没有事啦 |
[17:44] | – It’s going on the list. – My God, that list is getting long. | – 这已经列入单子里了 – 天啊 单子越来越长了 |
[17:47] | You have no idea. | 你一点概念都没有 |
[17:48] | We are having a gathering tomorrow night. | 我们明天晚上会聚一下 |
[17:50] | What kind of gathering? | 什么样的聚会啊? |
[17:51] | Luke’s nephew’s here and I thought we could try… | Luke的外甥来了 我想我们可以试着 |
[17:54] | – to make him feel at home. – You met him? | – – 让他有家的感觉 – 你见过他吗? |
[17:56] | – Sort of. – What’s he like? | – 算是吧 – 他长什么样? |
[17:57] | He’s not going to be subbing… | 总之他不会很快就在Regis的 |
[17:59] | for the new dodo on the Regis show anytime soon. | 节目中演嘟嘟鸟的 [注:Regis是著名的脱口秀主持人整句意思说jesse不是个爱说话人] |
[18:01] | Let’s put it like that. | 就这么个样子 |
[18:13] | You got unpacked? | 你把东西整理好了吗? |
[18:15] | – Got enough space in the closet? – Plenty. | – 衣橱里的位置够不够 – 多得是 |
[18:19] | – You hungry? – Eighteen. | – 饿吗? – 18 |
[18:22] | What? | 什么? |
[18:23] | Just counting how many questions till we hit 20. | 只是数数20岁时会有多少问题 |
[18:26] | Okay, never mind. | 好了 当我没说 |
[18:31] | Yeah, Liz, he got here fine. | 是啊 Liz 他到了 |
[18:34] | – Got here at 10:00 this morning. – Hang on a second. | – 今天早上10点到的 – 等等 |
[18:37] | – Jess? – Pass. | – Jess? – 不接了 |
[18:39] | – Come on. – Nope. | – 快点 – 不 |
[18:41] | What am I supposed to tell her? | 那你要我怎么跟他说呢? |
[18:43] | Tell her I got to take another crack at the closet. | 跟他说我还在整理衣柜 |
[18:45] | I think I hung my Tool T-shirt next to my Metallica T-shirt… | 我把Tool的T恤和metallica的T恤挂在一起了 [注:Tool和Metallica都是著名的摇滚乐队] |
[18:48] | and they don’t get along. | 它们两个’相处’的不怎么好 |
[18:49] | You want me to tell her that? | 你要我这么跟她说? |
[18:50] | You think a different band combo would sell it more? | 你认为不同的乐队组合效果会好一点? |
[18:54] | Yeah, Liz, Jess is going to have to call you back. | 是 Liz Jess会再打给你的 |
[18:56] | Yeah, he’s helping me out with a shelf thing and his hands are full. | 他在帮我搞架子呢 没有空 |
[19:00] | Yeah, I’ll tell him. Okay. Bye. | 好 我会告诉他的 好 再见 |
[19:05] | She said to tell you that your stuff will be here on Friday. | 她要我告诉你 你的东西星期五会到的 |
[19:09] | Great. We’ll have a party. | 好 可以开派对了 |
[19:10] | You know, your mom thinks this is… | 你知道 你妈妈觉得这是… |
[19:13] | for the best, for your own good. | 是为了你好 |
[19:17] | Anyhow, I guess you’ll just call her when you feel like it. | 不管怎么样 你觉得是这样的话就打她电话 |
[19:21] | Want to play some poker? $5 bucks a hand? | 打牌吗? 5块钱一手? |
[19:23] | – No. – $10? | – 不 – 10块? |
[19:24] | I can’t go higher than $10. | 多过10块 我不行了 |
[19:26] | – Okay, $15. – I don’t want to play poker. | – 好了好了 15块 – 我不想打牌 |
[19:28] | – You sure? – I’m sure. | – 你肯定? – 我肯定 |
[19:30] | Okey-dokey. | 那好吧 |
[19:34] | So listen, Lorelai, you met her today, remember? | 听着 Lorelai 你今天见到她了 记得吗? |
[19:38] | Anyhow… | 不管怎么样 |
[19:40] | she invited us to her house tomorrow night for dinner. | 她请我们明天晚上到她家里吃饭 |
[19:44] | Her daughter Rory, who you didn’t meet, but you’ll like… | 她女儿Rory 你还没有见过 不过你会喜欢她的 |
[19:47] | ’cause she’s a lot like Lorelai… | 因为她很像Lorelai |
[19:48] | but she’s got a slightly tighter grasp on reality. | 但是对于现实她更敏锐些 |
[19:53] | Anyhow, she’ll be there. | 不管怎么样 她也会在那 |
[19:57] | It’d be a chance for you to meet more people… | 你会有机会认识更多的人… |
[20:01] | and so I said yes. | 所以我答应了 |
[20:18] | – Hello. – Hi. | – 你好 – 嗨 |
[20:20] | You’re early. | 你早到了 |
[20:21] | I felt so bad about the mix-up last time… | 上次那么混乱 真是抱歉 |
[20:23] | I wanted to make sure it didn’t happen again. | 我希望以后不会再发生这样的事了 |
[20:26] | It won’t. | 不会的 |
[20:28] | Did you hear that Kimber Slately and Tristin are a major item? | 你听说了Kimber Slately和Tristan吗? 这可是大消息 |
[20:31] | I thought she and Sean Asher were this year’s John and Jackie. | 我原来以为她和Sean Asher 会是今年的John和Jackie呢 |
[20:35] | Nope, Sean is with Dee McGuire now… | 没有啦 Sean和Dee McGuire在一起了 |
[20:36] | which pushed Jeff Traner into Dottie Lord’s arms… | 把Jeff Traner推到Dottie Lord身边了 |
[20:39] | leaving Madison Maylands alone for the first weekend… | 他当上曲棍球队队长的第一个周末 |
[20:41] | since he became captain of the lacrosse team. | 就把Madison Maylands给甩了 |
[20:44] | You know so much so soon. You have the gift. | 你的消息怎么这么灵通 你真是有天赋啊 |
[20:46] | I know. | 那当然 |
[20:47] | Paris, what do you think about me writing a gossip column for the Franklin? | Paris 你觉得我为Franklin 写一个八卦专栏怎么样? |
[20:52] | I don’t know. That’s a hard one. | 我不知道 这可不容易 |
[20:55] | I mean, this is the Franklin… | 我是说 这可是Franklin啊 |
[20:57] | a newspaper that’s been around for almost 100 years. | 一份已经经营差不多有100年的报纸 |
[20:59] | There have been 10 former editors of the Franklin… | 有10位前Franklin的编辑 |
[21:02] | that have gone to the New York Times. | 后来去了纽约时报 |
[21:04] | Six have gone on to the Washington Post. | 6位去了华盛顿邮报 |
[21:06] | Three are contributing editors at the New Yorker. | 3位是纽约客有突出贡献的编辑 |
[21:08] | I think one even went on to win the Pulitzer prize. | 还有一个都得了普利策奖 |
[21:11] | But never mind them. | 但是不要提他们了 |
[21:12] | I could be the first editor in the history of the Franklin… | 我将成为Franklin历史上第一位编辑 |
[21:15] | to introduce a column exclusively devoted to who Biffy’s boffing today. | 推出一个哗众取宠的独家专栏 |
[21:20] | Quandary. | 还真是难选啊 |
[21:21] | I’m going to have to get back to you on that one. | 对于你的建议我得再考虑一下 |
[21:24] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[21:25] | Good, we’re all here. | 很好 都到齐了 |
[21:28] | And prompt. Lovely. | 很准时 不错 |
[21:31] | I read everyone’s article and they were all extremely well done. | 我读了每个人的文章 都写得很好 |
[21:35] | Snappy, informative, well-researched. | 简洁 内容充实 研究充分 |
[21:37] | Paris, you should be very proud of the team you’ve assembled. | Paris 你应该为你的团队感到骄傲 |
[21:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:42] | When you’ve got a reporter who can take an incredibly mundane… | 当你手下有个这样的记者 他能把一件 |
[21:45] | and seemingly unimportant subject… | 看起来无足轻重的小事 |
[21:47] | like the repaving of the faculty parking lot… | 例如重建停车场… |
[21:50] | and turn it into a bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything… | 写成一篇苦乐参半的文章 来表达出 一切人和事物是… |
[21:53] | eventually becomes obsolete, then you’ve really got something. | 如何渐渐被遗忘和荒废 那么你就真正得到了很宝贵的东西 |
[21:57] | Miss Gilmore, I was touched. | Gilmore小姐 我非常感动 |
[21:59] | I owe it all to Paris. | 这还得多亏了Paris |
[22:00] | I would strongly advise that next time you give Miss Gilmore… | 我强烈建议 下次你给Gilmore小姐… |
[22:03] | something with more meat to it. | 一些更加实质性的题材 |
[22:05] | Yeah, great idea. | 哦 是的 好主意 |
[22:07] | Okay. Let’s get down to work. | 好了 我们开始工作吧 |
[22:09] | We’ve got a layout to put together. | 我们先要整理一下版面设计 |
[22:19] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 祝贺你 – 谢谢 |
[22:20] | You must be very proud of yourself. | 你一定很自豪吧 |
[22:22] | I’m not hiding when I pass a mirror. | 我从不在镜子前隐藏自己 |
[22:24] | It’s part of my job to make sure that our best writers are writing our best pieces. | 我的工作之一就是确保 我们最好的记者 写出的是最棒的报道 |
[22:29] | So I’m going to give you one of our best pieces. | 所以 我要让你写一篇最好的报道 |
[22:31] | Front page, lead story. | 头版头条 |
[22:34] | Get to the catch. | 说重点 Paris |
[22:35] | – No catch. – No catch? | – 没重点 – 没重点? |
[22:37] | I’d like to start our year off with a profile… | 作为年终报道的开场白 我想要一篇 |
[22:39] | on the teacher voted most popular from last year. | 关于今年当选最受欢迎老师的文章 |
[22:41] | You know, an in-depth, no-holds-barred interview. | 你知道的 深入的 敞开心扉的采访 |
[22:44] | Everybody wants it. | 大家都想看 |
[22:46] | You have it. | 你来写 |
[22:47] | – You’re kidding. – Nope. | – 你开玩笑吧 – 没有 |
[22:50] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[22:53] | Go ahead and set up that interview with Mr. Medina. | 去准备一下采访Medina先生的事吧 越快越好 |
[22:56] | What? | 什么? |
[22:57] | I’d love it to lead off our first edition. | 我知道时间很紧 但我非常想要它 出现在我们的第一版的头条 |
[23:00] | He was the winner by a landslide. | – Medina先生? – 他获得了压倒性的胜利 |
[23:02] | I’m sorry. Is there a problem? | – 但是 – 对不起 有什么问题吗 |
[23:05] | Is there some reason why you wouldn’t want to interview him? | 是不是有什么原因你不想采访他吗? |
[23:08] | After all, you of all people should be able to get the most in-depth story out of him… | 不管怎么说 所有人中你应该最能 写出有关他的深入的报道 |
[23:12] | especially since he and your mother are involved. | 特别是他和你妈妈还有过一段呢 |
[23:15] | They are still involved, aren’t they? | 他们现在还在一起 不是吗? |
[23:17] | Let’s leave my mother’s personal life out of this. | 不要把我妈妈的私生活扯进来 |
[23:20] | – That sounds bad. – It’s not bad. | – 听起来不太好 – 不是不好 |
[23:22] | – It’s just none of your business. – Fine. | – 而是不关你的事 – 好吧 |
[23:24] | You want the interview or not? | 你到底要不要采访? |
[23:26] | – Yes, I want the interview. – Good. | – 我要 – 很好 |
[23:28] | Get me something more than his favorite color, okay? | 那么给我问出点儿 除了他最喜欢的颜色之外的东西 好吧? |
[23:35] | Maybe I should make grilled cheese. | 或许我应该做烤奶酪 |
[23:37] | But you’re making pot roast. | 但你现在正在炖肉呢 |
[23:38] | Not everybody likes pot roast. | 不是每个人都喜欢炖肉的 |
[23:40] | Then they can have chicken wings, the mashed potatoes, the four salads… | 那么他们可以吃鸡翅 土豆泥 还有沙拉… |
[23:44] | in addition to the pot roast. | 总之除了炖肉外还有别的呢 |
[23:45] | Yeah, I guess you’re right. | 对 我想你说的没错 |
[23:47] | So I should start slicing the cheese. | 那么我要开始切奶酪了 |
[23:49] | Would you? That would be great! | 真的吗? 那太好了! |
[23:52] | Wow, something smells good! | 哇 什么东西这么香 |
[23:54] | – It’s the garlic. – Three heads of it. | – 那是大蒜 – 放了三瓣 |
[23:56] | – Nice. – I want everything to be perfect. | – 真好 – 我要让一切都完美 |
[23:58] | We are going to make this kid think he went to heaven. | 我们会让这孩子觉得他到了天堂 |
[24:00] | Or Henry the VllI’s house. | 或者是亨利八世家 |
[24:02] | – Milady? – Come in. | – 请进 |
[24:05] | – You joining the festivities? – In a sec. | – 你来加入这宴会吗? – 一会儿 |
[24:07] | – You sound crabby. – I’m concentrating. | – 听上去你好像有点暴躁 – 我正集中精神做事 |
[24:09] | Don’t concentrate too hard. | 别集中过头了 |
[24:10] | Boys like them dumb. Right? | 男孩子喜欢沉默型的 是吗? |
[24:12] | If you can navigate yourself around a tree, keep on walking. | 如果你能让自己穿过一棵树 那么就继续吧 |
[24:15] | Coming! | 来啦! |
[24:17] | What if he doesn’t do dairy? | 万一他不喜欢奶制品怎么办 |
[24:21] | Perfect timing. | 时间刚刚好 |
[24:22] | Sookie’s about to break her own record for the most food served. | Sookie就要打破她的最丰盛晚餐记录了 |
[24:26] | – Sounds great. – Sure does. | – 听起来很棒 – 那确实 |
[24:27] | So, come on in. | 那么 快请进 |
[24:34] | Sorry we’re a little late. | 不好意思 我们迟了点儿 |
[24:35] | We had a misunderstanding about what time we were supposed to leave. | 我们算错了出门的时间 |
[24:39] | That’s okay. How’s it going? | 没关系 最近怎么样? |
[24:40] | Not bad. The bed popped. | 不错 床爆开了 |
[24:43] | – Was anyone in it? – Me. | – 当时床上有人吗 – 我 |
[24:45] | – You? – I let him take the real one. | – 你? – 我让他睡真正的床了 |
[24:46] | It was very nice of you. | 你真的太好了 |
[24:51] | You want to come on in the kitchen? | 你们想来厨房看看吗? |
[24:55] | Sookie, Jackson, I want you to meet Luke’s nephew. | Sookie Jackson 来见见Luke的外甥 |
[24:57] | – This is Jess. – Do you eat cheese? | – 这是Jess – 你吃奶酪的吗? |
[24:59] | What? | 什么? |
[25:01] | This is the greatest lemon I’ve ever grown! This is a great lemon. | 这是我种的最好的柠檬 这个柠檬真棒 |
[25:04] | Sookie, you got to try this lemon. | Sookie 你一定得试试这个柠檬 |
[25:06] | That is a great lemon! | 好棒的柠檬! |
[25:08] | Try it! It’s a Meyer! | 试试这个 这是个中国柠檬 |
[25:09] | Jackson grows fruit and scares people with it. | Jackson是种水果的 他经常拿他的水果吓人 |
[25:11] | – Rory, they’re here. – Coming. | – Rory 他们来了 – 就来 |
[25:15] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:17] | I’m Rory. | 我是Rory |
[25:18] | – Yeah, I figured. – Nice to meet you. | – 我猜到了 – 很高兴认识你 |
[25:23] | Aren’t we hooked on phonics? | “Aren’t We Hooked on Phonics”(书名) |
[25:25] | I read a lot. Do you read? | 我喜欢看书 你呢? |
[25:28] | Not much. | 看得不多 |
[25:30] | I could loan you that. It’s great. | 我可以借你这本看 很不错的 |
[25:33] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[25:35] | If you change your mind. | 如果你改变主意了 随时欢迎 |
[25:37] | We need to get Jackson away from the lemons… | 我们真的得把Jackson 从柠檬那儿弄走… |
[25:39] | so we’re moving the feast to the living room. | 所以我们要把宴席搬到起居室去 |
[25:41] | Be right there. | 马上去 |
[25:44] | Do these open? | 这窗户没锁吧? |
[25:45] | You just have to unlatch them and then push. | 拔掉闩子然后推就是了 |
[25:47] | Great. Shall we? | 很好 我们要不? |
[25:49] | – Shall we what? – Bail. | – 要不干嘛 – 溜出去逛逛 |
[25:51] | – No. – Why? | – 不要 – 为什么? |
[25:53] | Because it’s Tuesday night in Stars Hollow. | 因为这是Stars HoIIow星期二的晚上 |
[25:56] | There’s nowhere to bail to. | 没什么地方给你溜去逛 |
[25:57] | The 24-hour mini-mart closed 20 minutes ago. | 二十四小时开放的小商场 二十分钟前就关门了 |
[25:59] | We’ll walk around or sit on a bench and stare at our shoes. | 我们可以四处走走 要不就坐在椅子上盯着自己的鞋看 |
[26:02] | Sookie just made a ton of really great food… | Sookie刚做了一顿非常美味的食物… |
[26:05] | and though it may not seem like it at this moment, it’s going to be fun. | 我饿了 虽然现在可能还看不出来 但这顿晚饭肯定会很有意思的 |
[26:08] | – Trust me. – I don’t even know you. | – 相信我 – 我都还不认识你 |
[26:10] | – Don’t I look trustworthy? – Maybe. | – 难道我看起来不可信吗? – 或许吧 |
[26:12] | Good. Let’s eat. | 很好 我们去吃东西吧 |
[26:16] | You want a soda? | 要不要汽水? |
[26:17] | – I’ll get it. – Okay. | – 我去拿 – 好的 |
[26:32] | Do you know Pam was originally made out of rice? | 你知不知道干肉饼原先是用米饭做的 |
[26:35] | What? | 什么? |
[26:37] | Rory, where’s Jess? | Rory, Jess呢? |
[26:38] | He’s getting a soda. | 他拿汽水去了 |
[26:40] | You must’ve mistaken me for you. | 不好意思 你肯定把我当成你自己了 |
[26:42] | Too much? I forgot the garlic bread. | – 噢太多了 – 我忘了蒜汁面包了 |
[26:43] | I’ll get it. | 我去拿 |
[26:47] | – More potatoes? – Okay. | – 再来点儿土豆吗? – 好的 |
[26:48] | Everyone needs more potatoes. | 大家都要再来点儿土豆 |
[26:50] | – Nothing wrong with potatoes. – I’ve got 6 pounds in the oven. | – 土豆多准备点准没错的 – 烤箱里还有六磅呢 |
[26:56] | More chicken? | 加点儿鸡肉吗? |
[26:58] | – Throw a couple of bird wings on there. – All right. | – 扔几根鸡翅过来 – 好的 |
[27:00] | – Salad, no dressing. – Want some more? | – 沙拉 不要沙拉酱的 – 还要吗? |
[27:04] | – You want some? – Okay. | – 你来点儿吗? – 好 |
[27:14] | For me? Hey, thanks. | 给我的吗? 嘿 谢谢 |
[27:19] | Refreshing. | 真醒神 |
[27:21] | – So what? You’re not hungry? – Not really. | – 怎么样? 你不饿吗 – 不怎么饿 |
[27:25] | Sookie made you some grilled cheese if you don’t like pot roast. | 如果你不喜欢炖肉的话 Sookie还给你准备了些烤奶酪 |
[27:28] | Well, if I’d known that. | 哦 早知道就好了 |
[27:32] | – Let me guess. You don’t want to be here. – Doesn’t matter. | – 我来猜猜 你不想呆在这里 – 无所谓 |
[27:34] | I mean, here in Stars Hollow. | 我是说 在Stars HoIIow |
[27:37] | Jeez, Miss Gilmore. | 天哪 Gilmore小姐 |
[27:38] | Why would anyone not want to be here in Stars Hollow? | 为什么会有人不想来Stars HoIIow呢? |
[27:40] | That just sounds plum crazy. | 这听起来也太傻了吧 |
[27:42] | Jess, let me give you a little advice. | Jess 我来给你点儿建议吧 |
[27:45] | The whole ‘my parents don’t get me’ thing… | 那段“父母不理解我”的日子 |
[27:47] | – I’ve been there. – You have? | – 我都经历过 – 你有吗? |
[27:49] | Yes, I have. I’ve also done the ‘chip on my shoulder’ bit. | 对 我经历过 我也干过像 “Chip on My Shoulder”里唱的事儿 |
[27:53] | The surly, sarcastic ‘the world can bite my ass’ bit. | 还有那些粗鲁的 讽刺的事儿 像 “The World Can Bite My Ass”唱的那样 |
[27:57] | And let me tell you, I mastered them all. In heels, yet. | 而且让我告诉你 我精通这些 直到现在也是 |
[28:00] | Everything you’re feeling might be totally justified. | 你现在感觉到的一切 其实可能是完全合理的 |
[28:03] | Maybe you are getting screwed. | 也许你只是有些被弄昏了 |
[28:05] | But Luke is a great guy. | 但Luke真的是个很好的人 |
[28:08] | He’s very special. | 他很特别 |
[28:10] | And he really wants to take care of you and make things right for you. | 他真的想照顾好你 让你过正常的生活 |
[28:15] | You’re incredibly lucky to have him. | 你有他在你身边 实在太幸运了 |
[28:18] | If you give this situation half a chance… | 如果你能给现在这个状况半个机会 |
[28:20] | you might be surprised at how good it can be. | 你也许会惊奇地发现 事情竟然能这么美好 |
[28:22] | How much you like living here… | 你会发现自己多么喜欢在这里生活 |
[28:24] | how comfortable it feels to have someone like Luke you can really depend on. | 还有 有个象Luke这样的人可以依靠 是件多么舒服的事 |
[28:29] | What? Are you sleeping with him or something? | 什么? 你跟他睡过觉还是怎么? |
[28:32] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[28:33] | The whole starry-eyed… | 你这番过分乐观的… |
[28:34] | ‘you’re so much better off, just give it a chance’ speech. | “只要给它个机会就能好起来”的说辞 |
[28:37] | You’re either really naive or you’re getting some. | 你要么是太天真了 要么就是得到什么好处了 |
[28:41] | There have been very few moments in my life… | 活到现在 我很少想要… |
[28:43] | where I’ve actually wished I had one of those enormous cream pies… | 拿着一个涂满了奶油的馅饼… |
[28:47] | you can smash in someone’s face. This is definitely one of them. | 可以扔到某人的脸上砸个粉碎 现在绝对想要这么做 |
[28:50] | Now that’s not very neighborly. | 这就不太亲切了吧 |
[28:51] | You know what? This is my house. | 你知道吗? 这里是我家 |
[28:53] | I choose how I get talked to in it. | 我可以选择怎么说话 |
[28:55] | You don’t know anything about me, or my life, or my mom, or Luke. | 你根本不了解我 或者我的生活 或我妈妈 或是Luke |
[28:59] | So why don’t you Dr. Laura someone else? | 所以你干嘛不找别人去做心理医生啊? |
[29:01] | I’m going inside. Stay out of my fridge. | 我要进去了 离我的冰箱远点 |
[29:11] | Where’s Jess? | Jess呢? |
[29:12] | Outside working on his Breakfast Club audition. He’s good. | 在外面做他《早餐俱乐部》[电影名 1985年]的观众 他很好 |
[29:15] | – What? – I’m sorry. | – 什么? – 对不起 |
[29:17] | That kid is way more screwed up than you think he is. | 这个孩子远比你想象的要乱七八糟的多 |
[29:20] | – What? – I catch him outside with a beer. | – 你在说什么? – 我看到他在外面喝啤酒 |
[29:22] | I don’t even bust him on it. I try talking to him. | 我甚至不追究这个了 我还想试试跟他谈谈 |
[29:24] | What do you mean ‘talk to him’? What did you say? | 你说”跟他谈谈”是什么意思? 你说了什么了? |
[29:27] | I said he’s got a good thing going here with you and he shouldn’t blow it. | 我说他到这和你一起是好事 他不该搞砸了 |
[29:30] | Then he just got charming. | 然后他就对我出言不逊了 |
[29:31] | What are you doing talking to him about stuff like that? | 你在干嘛 跟他说那些东西做什么? |
[29:34] | – I’m trying to help you. – I don’t need your help. | – 我只是想帮你 – 我不需要你的帮助 |
[29:36] | You do. | – 你需要 |
[29:37] | Here we go again with this I’m not prepared for this crap. | 你又要开始说这些 我对这个没准备之类的废话了 |
[29:40] | This is not crap. This is the truth. You should’ve heard him talking. | 这不是废话 这是事实 你真该听听他怎么说的 |
[29:44] | I don’t need to hear him talking. | 我不需要听他怎么说 |
[29:46] | He’s my nephew and I know what I’m doing… | 他是我外甥 我知道我在做什么… |
[29:48] | and I’m getting tired of your condescending… | 还有对你那种叫人欠你人情似的 样子我已经觉得厌烦了 |
[29:50] | – I’m not being condescending. – You have a kid, so you know everything? | – 我没有让你欠我的情 – 你有孩子 所以你就什么都知道了? |
[29:54] | I have a kid, so I know a little more than you do. | 我有孩子 所以我知道的 的确比你多一点儿 |
[29:56] | You ever think maybe you just got lucky with Rory? | 你难道觉得你有了Rory很幸运吗? |
[29:59] | You did get pregnant at 16. | 你16岁就怀孕了 |
[30:01] | That doesn’t show the greatest decision-making skills, does it? | 这不是好的决断能力的表现 不是吗? |
[30:05] | Two pies. | 要两个馅饼 |
[30:07] | – What the hell are you talking about? – I’m talking about nothing. | – 你到底在说些什么? – 我什么都没说 |
[30:10] | You won’t have to hear my opinion on anything ever again, okay? | 你以后再也不会听到我任何的意见 行了吧? |
[30:13] | – Don’t tease. – Go find Jess. | – 别嘲弄人 – 去找Jess |
[30:16] | Don’t tell me what to do. | 不要来教我怎么做 |
[30:23] | – You’re being completely childish. – Am not. | – 你变得完全幼稚 – 我没有 |
[30:26] | We’re never going to go into Luke’s again? We’re just going to starve? | 我们再也不去Luke那吃饭了吗? 我们就这么饿死吗? |
[30:29] | This was a bad one. This was not Nick and Nora. | Rory 这个状况很坏 这不是Nick and Nora |
[30:31] | This was Sid and Nancy. I’m not going in there. | 这是Sid and Nancy(电影名 1986年) 我是不会进去的 |
[30:33] | The coffee is in there. It’s Danish day. | 咖啡在那儿摆着呢 今天是丹麦日 |
[30:35] | Are you telling me you’ll let a fight get in the way of Danish day? | 别告诉我你要让一场愚蠢的吵嘴 妨碍到丹麦日 |
[30:39] | – No. – Good. | – 我没有 – 很好 |
[30:40] | Go in and order two coffees and two Danishes to go. | 进去点两杯咖啡 两份丹麦餐就走 |
[30:42] | You’re kidding, right? | – 你开玩笑吧? – 别忘了餐巾纸 |
[30:44] | He’s going to know what’s going on. He’s not stupid. | 他会知道怎么回事 他又不蠢 |
[30:46] | He cannot prove that you’re not ordering all that for yourself, can he? | 他不能证明这些不是你一个人要点的 他能吗? |
[30:49] | No, so go on. | 不能 那么快去 |
[30:52] | Scoot. Mommy’s right here. | 快快 妈妈就在这儿等着 |
[31:01] | I’ll have two coffees and two cherry Danishes to go, please. | 我要两杯咖啡 两份樱桃丹麦餐 要带走 谢谢 |
[31:04] | – Two coffees and two cherry Danishes. – And some napkins. | – 两杯咖啡 两份樱桃丹麦餐 – 还有餐巾纸 |
[31:07] | – One of these is for her, isn’t it? – Who? | – 其中一份是给她的 是吧? – 谁? |
[31:09] | No. They’re all for me. I am super hungry today. | 不是 都是我的 我今天饿死了 |
[31:13] | I was debating ordering three, but I’ll tell you how I feel after two. | 我还挣扎着想叫三份呢 但我还是吃完两份再决定吧 |
[31:16] | I’ll give you one Danish and one cup of coffee. | 告诉你吧 我会给你一份丹麦餐 和一杯咖啡 |
[31:19] | You can sit there and eat and when you’re finished… | 你可以坐在那儿吃 当你在我眼皮底下吃完后… |
[31:21] | I’ll bring you a second one. | 我就给你另外一份 |
[31:23] | You’re going to stand there and watch me eat a Danish? | 你真的要站那里看我吃吗? |
[31:26] | Cable’s out. I’m starved for entertainment. | 有线电视坏了 我现在急需娱乐呢 |
[31:28] | This is insane. So you guys had a fight. | 真是疯了 那么你们俩吵架了 |
[31:31] | Big deal. You know you’re going to make up anyway. | 有什么大不了的 反正你们肯定还会和好的 |
[31:33] | What better day to make up than Danish day? | 还有什么日子比丹麦日更合适呢 |
[31:35] | The happiest of all days. | 这是所有日子里最开心的一天 |
[31:37] | The day when we all say, ‘Let’s forgive and forget… | 这天所有人都说着 “让我们忘记和原谅吧…” |
[31:39] | ‘over a nice Danish and a cup of coffee. ‘ | “看在这美味的丹麦餐和咖啡的份上” |
[31:41] | One Danish, one cup of coffee. Take it or leave it. | 一份丹麦餐 一杯咖啡 要么拿走 要么你走 |
[31:44] | I’ll take it. | 我拿走 |
[31:46] | I still think you’re being silly. | 你还是觉得你有点傻 |
[31:49] | Thank you for sharing. Come back soon. | 谢谢分享 马上回来啊 |
[31:59] | – Well? – He would only sell me one. | – 怎么? – 他只卖一份给我 |
[32:02] | – Didn’t you say they were both for you? – He knew I was lying. | – 你没有说那都是给你的吗? – 说了 他知道我撒谎的 |
[32:05] | Did you do the blinky thing? You always do it when you’re lying. | 你有没有眨眼之类的? 你一撒谎就会那样 |
[32:08] | I didn’t have to. | 我没必要 |
[32:10] | He knows that you’re not going to go a whole day… | 他很了解你 知道你撑不了一天 |
[32:12] | with no coffee and especially no Danish. | 如果没有咖啡尤其是没有丹麦餐的话 |
[32:14] | Why don’t you go in there now and make up? | 你为什么不现在进去 然后重归于好呢 |
[32:17] | Why don’t you give me half your Danish and some coffee? | 你为什么不分一半丹麦餐和 半杯咖啡给我呢 |
[32:19] | I’ll give you the Danish but I’m keeping the coffee. | 丹麦餐给你 但是咖啡归我 |
[32:22] | What is a Danish without coffee? | 没有了咖啡还叫什么丹麦餐? |
[32:23] | The eternal question springs up again. | 那永恒的问题又出现了 |
[32:25] | There’s no point in even eating a Danish without coffee. | 吃丹麦餐不配咖啡根本不像样 |
[32:28] | – I’m going to school. – Sad Danish. Lonely Danish. | – 我要去学校了 – 伤心的丹麦餐 孤单的丹麦餐 |
[32:30] | – Step-Danish. – I’ll see you tonight. | – 后妈的丹麦餐 – 今晚见 |
[32:37] | Hey, kid. | 嘿 孩子 |
[32:38] | Do me a favor? Come here. | 帮我个忙好吗? 过来 |
[32:46] | Please? | 求你了? |
[32:57] | What is it, Taylor? | Luke快餐店 怎么回事 Taylor? |
[32:59] | Slow down. You’re babbling. | 慢点 听不清你在说什么 |
[33:03] | How do you know it was Jess? | 你怎么知道那是Jess? |
[33:06] | Okay, Taylor. I’ll talk to him. | 好了 Taylor 我会跟他谈的 |
[33:08] | But if he tells me he didn’t do it and nobody saw him do it… | 但如果他说不是他干的 而且又没人看到他这么做了的话… |
[33:11] | then he is off the hook. Understand? | 那么就不要找他麻烦了 明白吗? |
[33:25] | Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨Rory |
[33:27] | – Am I too early? ‘Cause I can… – No. | – 我是不是太早了? 因为我能… – 不会不会 |
[33:29] | …come back some other time. – This is fine. | – …下次再来 – 没事没事 |
[33:31] | – Tomorrow, maybe. – Now is good. | – 要不明天吧 – 现在就好了 |
[33:35] | – This is weird. – Yeah, it is. | – 这个样子真别扭 – 对 对啊 |
[33:37] | – I don’t really know how to act. – I’m not sure of that myself. | – 我真不知道该怎么做 – 我自己也不太确定 |
[33:42] | – We could sit. – Sit? | – 我们可以坐下来 – 坐? |
[33:44] | Sure, that’s good. Barbara Walters sits. | 当然 很好 Barbara Walters就是坐着的 |
[33:47] | Or walks, if the person she’s talking to… | 或者走着 如果她采访的对象… |
[33:49] | has a horse or a ranch or a big backyard sometimes… | 有马或者有农场 有时候还或者有个大后院… |
[33:53] | but usually she just sits. | 不过她一般都是坐着的 |
[33:57] | I guess we should just start. | 我想我们可以开始了 |
[34:00] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[34:01] | – Do you mind if I tape this? – Not at all. | – 你介意我录音吗? – 完全不 |
[34:07] | I guess I’ll just dive in. | 我想我要一鼓作气了 |
[34:10] | – Full name? – Max Arturo Medina. | – 全名是? – Max Arturo Medina |
[34:13] | – You’re kidding? – No. I’m not. | – 你玩笑的吧? – 没有 |
[34:15] | – Where does that come from? – My father’s butcher was named Arturo. | – 这名字怎么来的 – 我爸爸的屠夫叫Arturo |
[34:19] | – Really? – When my mother was pregnant with me… | – 是吗? – 我妈妈怀着我的时候… |
[34:21] | she would eat only lamb chops. | 她除了羊排骨什么都不吃 |
[34:23] | Arturo would cut her the extra-large lamb chops… | Arturo卖给她超大块的羊排骨… |
[34:26] | and only charge her for the regular-size lamb chops… | 可只收普通大小的排骨的价钱… |
[34:28] | which in my family made you eligible for sainthood. | 这在我家看来 可说是圣人的善行 |
[34:30] | – Hence the Arturo. – That’s right. | – 所以就用了Arturo – 对 |
[34:32] | I assume that you are aware… | 我想你应该知道 你以压倒性的胜利… |
[34:34] | that you were voted the students’ favorite teacher last year. | 当选了去年学生最喜欢的老师 |
[34:37] | I teach an exceptional bunch of young people. | 我教的都是些很杰出的学生 |
[34:40] | I’m glad they seem to like me as much as I like them. | 我很高兴我们互相喜欢对方 这点我很开心 |
[34:43] | Have you thought of doing something other than teaching? | 除了教书你还有没有想过 要做什么其他的事呢? |
[34:45] | My father wanted me to be a doctor… | 我爸爸希望我做个医生… |
[34:48] | and my mother wanted me to be President. | 我妈妈希望我做总统 |
[34:51] | I wanted to be a clown. | 我自己却想做个小丑 |
[34:54] | What? | 什么? |
[34:55] | When I was a kid, I went to the circus… | 我小时候去马戏团看马戏… |
[34:57] | and I saw this man who was dressed in this crazy outfit. | 看到了这个男人 穿着疯狂的装扮 |
[35:01] | He could juggle and he rode on an elephant and the people loved him. | 他会变戏法 还会骑大象 人们都非常喜欢他 |
[35:04] | I thought, ‘That’s it. That’s for me. ‘ | 我想 “就是那样 那就是我要做的” |
[35:07] | – How long did that last? – Junior high. | – 这个愿望持续了多久? – 直到初中 |
[35:09] | And then slowly I figured out that I wanted to teach. | 然后我慢慢发现我想教书 |
[35:12] | Plus, when you told people that you wanted to be a clown… | 另外 当你告诉别人你想做小丑时… |
[35:14] | they tended to get very frightened. | 他们好像都会被你吓得不轻 |
[35:17] | Mom took me to the circus once when I was really little… | 我还很小的时候 妈妈带我去过一次马戏团… |
[35:21] | and this clown knocked into me and I dropped my cotton candy. | 那个小丑撞到我了 我的棉花糖就掉到地上了 |
[35:24] | We didn’t have a lot of money back then… | 那时我们不怎么富裕… |
[35:26] | so she couldn’t buy me another one and I started crying. | 妈妈不能给我再买一个 我就哭了起来 |
[35:29] | She literally chased the clown onstage… | 妈妈就真的满场追着那个小丑… |
[35:32] | ripped off his wig and said she wouldn’t give it back… | 把他的假发扯了下来 还说不会还给他的… |
[35:34] | – unless he bought me another candy. – Which I bet he did. | – 除非他再给我买个棉花糖 – 我打赌他给你买了 |
[35:37] | It was twice as big and I threw up all the way home. | 比之前那个大一倍 害得我一路吐回家 |
[35:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:42] | That sounds like your mom. | 那才像你的妈妈 |
[35:45] | Do you ever regret the fact that you didn’t become a clown? | 那你有后悔过不能成为一名小丑吗? |
[35:48] | I don’t really believe in regrets. | 我相信后悔不会起到任何的作用 |
[35:50] | All my experiences, even the ones that didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to… | 我所经历过的事情 甚至那些最后都非如我所愿的… |
[35:54] | I firmly believe they were all worth it. | 我仍然坚信它们肯定会有着自己的意义 |
[36:03] | I just want you to know… | 我想让你知道… |
[36:06] | I really wanted you to be my stepfather. | 我真的很想让你做我的继父 |
[36:12] | I just want you to know… | 我也想告诉你… |
[36:15] | I really wanted to be your stepfather. | 我也真的很想成为你的继父 |
[36:28] | What would you say are the great challenges… | 你认为现在的高中毕业生要面对的 |
[36:31] | – facing high school graduates today? – A myriad of things, really. | – 最大的挑战会是是些什么? – 说起来其实也蛮多的 |
[36:42] | – How was school? – Great. | – 在学校过得怎么样? – 很好 |
[36:44] | – You learn anything good? – Yeah, tons of things. | – 学到什么吗? – 是的 很多 |
[36:46] | I got gold stars plastered all over my forehead. | 现在只是觉得脑袋周围有很多的星星 |
[36:50] | I had an interesting call today. | 今天我接了个有趣的电话 |
[36:52] | – Want to know who it was from? – Not really. | – 想知道是谁打来的吗? – 不 |
[36:54] | From Taylor Doose. You know, he owns the market. | 是Taylor Doose. 就是那个超级市场的老板 |
[36:57] | – If you say so. – He said you came in today. | – 随你怎么说 – 他说你今天去过那哦 |
[36:59] | He said you took some money out of a donation cup… | 他说你从修桥的捐款杯里 |
[37:02] | to help repair the bridge. | 拿走了一些钱 |
[37:03] | I told him he was crazy, you wouldn’t do that, you weren’t a thief. | 我说他肯定是疯了 你怎么会那样做 你又不是小偷 |
[37:07] | Then I hung up on him. | 所以我就挂了他的电话 |
[37:09] | Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy hanging up on Taylor. | 别误会 我喜欢挂他的电话 |
[37:11] | And he is crazy. | 他肯定是疯了 |
[37:13] | I was just wondering if maybe any of the things he said were true. | 但是我仍然想知道他说的是否有 那么一点点的真实性 |
[37:16] | What do you think? | 那你怎么认为? |
[37:17] | If you tell me what he’s saying is not true, I’ll believe it. | 如果你肯说那是假的 我会相信你的 |
[37:20] | – It’s not true. – That doesn’t sound very convincing. | – 好吧 那是假的 – 那并不足够令人信服吧 |
[37:22] | What do you want from me? | 那你还想要我说些什么啊? |
[37:24] | You bring me here, you put me in a school… | 你把我扯到了这里 送我进了什么狗屁学校… |
[37:26] | that says the Pledge of Allegiance in six languages… | 竟然用六种语言书写着 “效忠”的誓言 |
[37:29] | two of which I’ve never heard of! | 其中有两种我连听都没听说过! |
[37:31] | You take me away from my home, my friends, and now you want… | 你让我远离了我的家人和朋友 现在你还要我… |
[37:34] | – what from me? – I’m trying to help you! | – 怎么样? – 我只是想帮你! |
[37:36] | Stop trying! | 省省吧你! |
[37:37] | Stop talking to me, stop following me, stop asking me questions! Just stop! | 不要再跟我说话 不要再跟着我 也不要问我任何问题 用不着你管我! |
[37:40] | That’s what you want? | 你想这样子是吗? |
[37:42] | – That’s really what you want? – Yes. | – 这真的就是你想要的吗? – 是 |
[37:43] | Fine! You got it! | 好! 就这么办了! |
[37:44] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome! | – 谢了 – 不用! |
[37:59] | Kitchen! | – Rory? – 在厨房呢! |
[38:02] | Nowhere in either Stars Hollow or its surrounding counties… | 在Stars Hollow或者 周围的县没有什么地方… |
[38:05] | can you get a decent cup of coffee. | 可以喝到像样的咖啡了 |
[38:08] | I swear. It’s like a big, stupid coffee conspiracy. | 我断定 这是一个巨大的愚蠢的咖啡阴谋 |
[38:11] | Why don’t you pour the water right into the bag? | 为什么不直接把水倒进袋子里去呢? |
[38:14] | You jest? Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. | 开玩笑吗? 相信我 我也的确这么想过 |
[38:17] | It’s looking better all the time. | 那始终看上去好点 |
[38:19] | Where are you going? I’m not through complaining. | 你去哪里? 我不再抱怨了 |
[38:22] | I just have to get some more notes I need. | 我得去买些笔记本 |
[38:24] | – What’s this? – What? | – 这是什么? – 你说什么? |
[38:25] | This that you’re working on? | 我说你正在做的东西 |
[38:27] | That’s my interview with Max. | 那是我采访Max写的采访稿 |
[38:29] | What interview with Max? | 什么样的采访? |
[38:31] | The paper wanted to do a piece… | 报社想要我… |
[38:32] | on the students’ favorite teacher from the previous year. | 采访去年最受欢迎的老师 然后写篇东西 |
[38:35] | Paris assigned it to me when she caught wind of the fact… | 当Paris知道一些内幕之后 就把任务分给了我 |
[38:37] | – Nice kid, that Paris. – Yeah. | – 好孩子嘛 那个什么Paris. – 是啊 |
[38:40] | It wasn’t that bad, though. It was actually good. | 还好 没有想象中的那么坏 其实还不错 |
[38:43] | It gave us a chance to talk about some things. | 它让我们有机会谈了一些事情 |
[38:45] | – Good. – Yeah. It was good. | – 很好 – 对 真的不错 |
[38:47] | I’m going to buy a folder for it before the store closes. | 我想在商店关门之前去买个文件夹 |
[38:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:53] | Some good writing here, missy. | 小姐 这里写得还不错嘛 |
[38:55] | – Yeah? – Really good. | – 真的? – 嗯 真的很不错 |
[38:56] | It’s not quite up to the repaving piece yet, but I’ll get it there. | 它还没有铺路那篇那么好 但我会慢慢修改的 |
[38:59] | Boy, he sounds like a hell of a guy, doesn’t he? | 天 看来他好像挺棒的 不是吗? |
[39:02] | Yeah, he does. | 是啊 的确这样 |
[39:07] | I sure know how to dump them, don’t I? | 我真的知道怎样去甩掉他们吗? |
[39:15] | – I just pushed him in a lake. – What? | – 我刚刚把他给推到湖里去了 – 什么? |
[39:18] | I got this call from Taylor that Jess stole the bridge money. | 我接到Taylor的电话 他说Jess 偷了修桥的钱 |
[39:21] | I went to confront him and he was being impossible… | 我去跟他当面对质 他太让人难以忍受了 |
[39:24] | and I just pushed him in a lake. This is bad. | 我一生气就把他推下湖了 这真是糟糕 |
[39:27] | – That depends. Can he swim? – He’s fine. He’s wet. I lost it. | – 那要看情况了 他会游泳吗? – 他没事 只是全身湿了 我都糊涂了 |
[39:31] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:32] | I am in so far over my head that I can’t see my own hat. | 我的脑袋跑哪去了 怎么我看不到我的帽子? |
[39:36] | Try turning it around. | 试着把它转过来 |
[39:37] | What was I thinking? Why did I say yes to this? | 我到底在想什么?? 为什么我会答应了这件事? |
[39:40] | You saw a kid in need of help and you thought you’d throw him a line. | 因为你看到一个需要帮助的孩子 你认为你可以把他拉上正轨 |
[39:43] | But me? Raising a kid? I don’t even like kids. | 我吗? 去抚养孩子? 我根本就不喜欢孩子 |
[39:45] | They’re always sticky, like they’ve got jam on their hands. | 他们总是黏糊糊的 好象有果酱粘在手上一样 |
[39:48] | Even if there’s no jam in the house… | 就算家里没有果酱 |
[39:50] | somehow they’ve always got jam on their hands. | 他们也总能从什么地方弄点在手上 |
[39:52] | I’m not the guy to deal with it. I have no patience for jam hands. | 我不喜欢处理这样的事情 对那些粘着果酱的手我可没什么耐心 |
[39:55] | Okay, slow down. First of all, Jess is 17… | 好了 我们慢慢来 首先 Jess已经17岁了 |
[39:58] | so he’s probably past the jam hands stage by now. | 所以他已经过了果酱手那个时期了 |
[40:01] | Second of all, you can do this. If you want to, you are totally capable. | 第二 你可以的 只要你愿意去做这件事 你完全能够胜任 |
[40:06] | But you can’t just buy a bed and some sheets… | 但你不能仅仅只是给他准备好 床和床单就… |
[40:08] | and expect the rest to take care of itself. That won’t work. | 就指望其它一切都不用管了 那是行不通的 |
[40:11] | I swear, I’m going to kill Liz. | 我发誓 我会去杀了Liz |
[40:12] | Liz is not the point anymore. Liz is not here. Jess is here. | 现在Liz已经不是重点了 Liz不在这里 但jess在这里 |
[40:15] | Focus on him. What are you going to do about him? | 我们现在只谈他 你对他有什么打算? |
[40:18] | Sugar, I hate to bother you, but have you seen Pierpon? | 亲爱的 非常抱歉打扰了你 但你看到Pierpon没有? |
[40:22] | – No. Why? – It’s the darnedest thing. | – 没有 怎么了? – 真是岂有此理 |
[40:24] | I came out just now and I noticed that he was gone. | 我刚出来 就发现他不见了 |
[40:27] | – Just like that. – I’m sorry. Who’s missing? | – 就是这样 – 对不起 你说谁不见了? |
[40:29] | – Pierpon, gorgeous. – Her gnome. | – Pierpon 很漂亮的那个 – 她的守护神塑像(用作花园中的饰物) |
[40:32] | The one with the pipe. | 就是那个总拿着根管子的 |
[40:33] | Oh, God, I hope nothing’s happened to him. | 哦 天哪 希望他不要出了什么事 |
[40:36] | You get so attached to their little faces… | 那么地依恋那些小脸庞… |
[40:38] | sometimes you can hear them talk to you at night. | 有时候晚上你还能听见他们跟你说话呢 |
[40:40] | You know, I wouldn’t worry, Babbette. | Babbette 不用担心 |
[40:42] | I think you’re going to see Pierpon again. Really soon. | 我想你不久就会再次看到Pierpon的 很快 |
[40:46] | – Where are you going? – I have to take care of something. | – 你去哪里啊? – 我要去处理一些事情 |
[40:48] | I’ll see you tomorrow at the diner for your Danish, right? | 明天你来餐馆吃丹麦餐的时候再见 好吗? |
[40:51] | – Tomorrow isn’t Danish day. – Just be there. | – 明天不是丹麦日 – 到时见就是了 |
[40:53] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[41:01] | Okay. | 看看 |
[41:03] | We got the patch, the gum, hypnosis tapes… | 给你买了眼罩 口香糖 催眠磁带 |
[41:07] | Chinese herbs, self-help books… | 中国草药 自理方面的书 |
[41:10] | and several pictures of diseased lungs to hang on the fridge. | 还有几张可以贴在冰箱上 得了病的肺的图片 |
[41:14] | Pretty? | 不错是吧? |
[41:16] | This is done. | 好 就这样 |
[41:17] | You will get up, you will go to school, you will come home. | 你呢 就起床 上学 回家 |
[41:21] | You will work in the diner until closing, you will do your homework… | 你要在餐厅帮忙直到收工 你要做完你的家庭作业… |
[41:25] | then you will go to bed. Where’s the gnome? | 然后就去睡觉 那个塑像呢? |
[41:27] | What? | 什么啊? |
[41:28] | Weekends are for chores and selected pre-approved outings… | 周末是用来做家务的 有时候也可以出去 但要预先被批准 |
[41:31] | i. e. Cabala studies, freeway beautification projects… | 比如说出去研究哲学啊 美化高速公路工程啊 |
[41:35] | Color Me Mine pottery painting, all discussable options. | 还有陶艺绘画啊之类的 |
[41:39] | You will not steal. You will pay back Taylor Doose… | 你不会再偷东西 你还会把钱还给Taylor Doose |
[41:43] | you will graduate from high school, and you will return Pierpon to his yard. | 你肯定能高中毕业 还有你会送Pierpon回到它的花园 |
[41:47] | – You can’t just… – I can just. | – 你不能… – 我能 |
[41:49] | I am not letting you fall off the face of the earth. | 我并没有叫你离开地球表面 有那么难吗 |
[41:52] | You will not drift. I won’t let it happen. I don’t know if this is the right way… | 你不能到处闲逛 我也不会再让你这样 我不知道这样做对不对… |
[41:56] | but this is the way it’s being handled and that is the end of this discussion. | 但以后我就会这样子做 而且没有商量的余地 |
[42:03] | – Where are you going? – Out. | – 你去哪里? – 出去 |
[42:07] | At least I asked. | 至少我问过了 |
[42:18] | – Hey, yourself. – What are you doing out here? | – 嘿 你自己一个人么? – 你在这里干什么? |
[42:20] | I needed something for school. What about you? | 我要买些学习上的东西 你呢? |
[42:22] | Yeah, same thing. | 嗯 我也是 |
[42:25] | So, that was quite a disappearing act you pulled the other night. | 那天你怎么突然失踪了 |
[42:29] | Potlucks and Tupperware parties aren’t really my thing. | 家庭聚会什么的根本不适合我 |
[42:31] | – Too cool for school? – Yes, that is me. | – 不喜欢上学? – 对 我就是那样的人 |
[42:35] | – What are you doing? – This? | – 你在干什么? – 你说这个吗? |
[42:38] | Nothing. | 什么都不是 |
[42:41] | Just another little disappearing act. | 只是再玩一次小型失踪罢了 |
[42:43] | – Little tip? – Yeah. | – 要一点提示吗? – 好的 |
[42:45] | If you want to speak to me, don’t pull that out of my ear. | 如果你想跟我说话 别把它从我的耳朵里变出来 |
[42:48] | I assume the nose is off-limits, too. | 我想鼻子也不可以吧 |
[42:50] | Any place you wouldn’t naturally find a coin. | 反正不是可以正常拿出硬币的地方 都不可以拿 |
[42:52] | Let’s leave it that way. | 不说这个了 |
[42:55] | So what are you doing now? | 那么你现在准备干什么? |
[42:57] | – I have some homework to finish. – Okay. | – 我还要完成一些作业 – 好的 |
[42:59] | Then I’ll leave you this last little trick. | 让我做完最后一个小把戏吧 |
[43:03] | You bought a copy? I told you I’d lend you mine. | 你买了本相同的? 我说过你要的话 我可以借你的 |
[43:05] | – It is yours. – You stole my book. | – 这就是你的那本 – 你偷了我的书 |
[43:07] | No, borrowed it. | 不 只是借用而已 |
[43:09] | That’s not called a trick, that’s called a felony. | 那不叫把戏 叫做犯罪 |
[43:11] | I just wanted to put some notes in the margins. | 我只是想在你书上加些旁注 |
[43:13] | What? | 真的? |
[43:20] | – You’ve read this before. – About 40 times. | – 你之前已经看过了嘛 – 大概40次了 |
[43:23] | I thought you said you didn’t read much. | 我还以为你不怎么喜欢看书呢 |
[43:24] | What is much? | 什么叫很喜欢呢? |
[43:27] | – Goodnight, Rory. – Goodnight, Dodger. | – 晚安 Rory – 晚安 逃避者 |
[43:32] | – Dodger? – Figure it out. | – 逃避者? – 自己想想吧 |
[43:36] | Oliver Twist. | 是《Oliver Twist》里面的吧? |
[44:26] | English |