时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Wow. Busy today. Has Luke been advertising? | 哇 今天够忙的 Luke一直在推销? |
[00:10] | He gets good word of mouth. | 他挺能说会道的 |
[00:11] | We have to start spreading bad word of mouth… | 我们得开始散布谣言了 |
[00:13] | so we can always have a table. | 这样我们就一直有位子了 |
[00:15] | That would be wrong, but sure. | 这么做是错的 不过就这么办吧 |
[00:17] | – Vermin? – Or no potable water. | – 寄生虫? – 或者说没有饮用水 |
[00:19] | – Or no potable vermin. – That’d scare them away. | – 或者没有饮用寄生虫 – 会把客人都吓跑的 |
[00:21] | Or confuse them away. | 要么就是困惑地离开 |
[00:25] | – Weird seeing him talking like that. – Like what? | – 看他那样说话感觉怪怪的 – 怎么样说话? |
[00:27] | Just all friendly. | 态度这么友善 |
[00:28] | He’s usually only good for a couple of gruff monosyllables, then he’s off. | 他一般只会生硬地发出几个单音节字 然后就无话可说了 |
[00:32] | He is the master of the monosyllable. | 他是单音节字之王 |
[00:34] | He never flirts with women. Do you notice that? | 他从来不跟女人调情 你注意没? |
[00:36] | – He’s flirted with you numerous times. – Don’t start. | – 他总在跟你调情 – 别说了 |
[00:38] | Flirt with him now. We need coffee. | 现在你去跟他调情 我们需要咖啡 |
[00:40] | Luke, we are just dying for some refreshments. | Luke 我们急需饮料 |
[00:43] | Keep your pants on. | 别着急 |
[00:45] | He can turn it off and on so fast. | 他单音节字一个个说起来多快啊 |
[00:48] | I found a CD under the front seat of our car. | 我在汽车前座下找到一张CD |
[00:51] | Did you lose one? | 你掉CD了吗? |
[00:52] | Not that I know of, but I’m sloppy with them. | 据我所知没有 不过我放CD的时候向来就粗枝大叶的 |
[00:54] | – So you didn’t hide it? – Why would I hide a CD? | – 那么你没把CD藏起来? – 我干什么要把CD藏起来? |
[00:57] | – Don’t know. Bay City Rollers? – It’s not a Bay City Rollers CD. | – 不知道 Bay City Rollers的CD呢? – 不是Bay City Rollers的 [注:Bay City Rollers和后面提到的Bryan Adams,Barry Manilow,Duran Duran Dido,Olivia Newton-John等都是乐队和歌手名] |
[01:00] | – How do you know? – I know what’s not hidden under the seat. | – 你怎么知道的? – 我知道在坐椅下没有藏什么 |
[01:03] | Because you know Barry Manilow is under that seat. | 因为你知道 Barry Manilow的CD在椅子下面 |
[01:05] | – Where’s Barry Manilow? – Under Mom’s seat. | – Barry Manilow在哪里? – 在我妈妈坐椅下 |
[01:07] | – I confess I was hiding Barry Manilow. – You confess? | – 我承认我把Barry Manilow藏起来了 – 你承认? |
[01:10] | He was very big when I was very small. | 我很小的时候他就已经名扬四海了 |
[01:11] | It’s the live version where he does a medley of his commercial jingles. | 那张是他用于商业炒作的的现场混音版 |
[01:15] | Don’t worry. Everyone’s allowed a guilty pleasure. | 别担心 凡人皆有罪恶的快乐 |
[01:18] | Very diplomatic from the girl who had the Bryan Adams poster… | 这话真够资深老道的 尤其是对 拥有Bryan Adams的海报的女孩子而言 |
[01:21] | – above her bed for two years. – Fink. | – 那张海报在她床头贴了两年 – 叛徒 |
[01:23] | – Do you have a guilty pleasure? – No. | – 你有罪恶的快乐吗? – 没有 |
[01:25] | – Are you into music? – Sure. | – 你喜欢音乐吗? – 当然 |
[01:28] | Monosyllabic Man strikes again. | 单音节男人又开始单音节了 |
[01:30] | – We’ll have two muffins, please. – You got them. | – 请给我们来两块松饼 – 好的 |
[01:35] | Do you think he’s dated anyone since Rachel? | 你猜Rachel之后他约会过吗? |
[01:37] | I don’t know. Where would he meet anyone? | 我不知道 他会去哪里约会? |
[01:39] | – He’s either here or in his apartment. – Maybe he has a secret life. | – 既不在这里也不在他的公寓(他不是在这就是在家里) – 也许他另外过着秘密的生活 |
[01:43] | Maybe he’s got a chippy stowed away in Mt Pilot. | 也许他金屋藏娇呢 |
[01:45] | We’ll know eventually. | 我们总有一天会知道的 |
[01:47] | – I say he’s a bachelor for life. – I say there’s someone for everyone. | – 我说 他一辈子都会打光棍 – 我说 每个人都有适合他的人 |
[01:53] | What? | 什么? |
[01:55] | Barry Manilow | Barry Manilow. |
[01:56] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[01:58] | Looks like we made it | 好像是我们完成的 |
[02:00] | – Oh, yeah? Spice Girls. – Duran Duran. | – 哦 是吗? 辣妹 – Duran Duran |
[02:03] | – Dido – Olivia Newton-John – Dido. – Olivia Newton-John. | |
[02:05] | The Macarena | The Macarena. |
[02:06] | You and Lane for hours and hours, for weeks on end. | 你跟Lane连续好几个星期都没完没了的 |
[02:10] | We were mocking. You can’t mock the mocking. | 我们在恶嘲呢 不许嘲弄恶嘲的人 |
[02:13] | – It’s getting ugly. Let’s stop. – Let’s be friends again. | – 话说过火了 打住 – 我们和好吧 |
[02:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:21] | Stop it. | 不许笑 |
[03:18] | – What? – The car won’t start. | – 什么? – 车发动不起来 |
[03:20] | – What happened? – I don’t know. It’s just dead. | – 发生什么了? – 不知道 车开不了了 |
[03:23] | – I turn the key, it makes a horrible sound. – What kind of sound? | – 我转动钥匙时 听到很可怕的声音 – 什么声音? |
[03:26] | Like… You know, but less feminine. | 就像…你知道的 但是没那么柔和 |
[03:30] | That’s the battery. | 是电池的问题 |
[03:31] | What did I ever do to make the battery mad? | 我到底干了什么把电池都逼疯了? |
[03:33] | Let’s see. You’ve kept the radio on all night, killing the battery… | 我们想想看 你整晚都开着收音机 把电池耗尽了 |
[03:37] | you’ve kept the lights on all night, you’ve kept the door open… | 你整晚都开着灯 你整晚都开着车门 |
[03:40] | which keeps the ceiling light on all night killing the battery. | 所以车顶灯亮了一晚上 把电池耗尽了 |
[03:43] | Okay, I’ve done multiple things to make the battery mad. | 好吧 我坏事做绝 把电池都逼疯了 |
[03:46] | – Are you gonna walk? – I’m wearing heels. | – 你要步行吗? -我穿着高跟鞋 |
[03:48] | Change your shoes. | 把鞋换了 |
[03:49] | – I’d have to change my outfit. – Do it. | – 我得换身外套 – 换吧 |
[03:50] | – I’d have to walk upstairs. – Suddenly I’m living with Zsa Zsa Gabor. | – 我得上楼 – 怎么突然间我跟莎莎嘉宝住一起了 |
[03:54] | I’m gonna call Michel. | 我去给Michel打电话 |
[03:55] | This thing is too small. | 这玩意儿太小了 |
[03:57] | – Independence Inn. – Hold on, Michel. | – 自由旅店 – 别挂 Michel |
[03:59] | – That backpack is not too small. – Miniscule. | – 背包并非太小 – 它是小号的 |
[04:01] | Take your schoolbooks and leave the others. | 带上课本 别的都别带了 |
[04:03] | I need all of my other books. | 其它书我都要带 |
[04:05] | – You don’t need all these. – I think I do. | – 你没必要把所有东西都带上 – 我觉得有必要 |
[04:07] | – Edna St. Vincent Millay? – That’s my bus book. | – Edna St.Vincent Millay的书? – 我汽车上要看的书 [注:Edna St. Vincent Millay 埃德娜.圣文森特米莱(1892一l950)美国著名诗人] |
[04:10] | – What’s the Faulkner? – My other bus book. | – Faulkner的呢 – 汽车上看的另一本书 [注:威廉?福克纳(William Faulkner)著名作家 一九四九年诺贝尔文学奖得主] |
[04:12] | – So just take one bus book. – The Millay is a biography. | – 那就只带在一本在汽车上看的书 – Millay的那本是传记 |
[04:14] | Sometimes on the bus, when I pull out a biography… | 有时候坐车的时候 我拿出一本传记… |
[04:17] | and I think, ‘I don’t feel like reading about a person’s life’… | 如果感觉不象在讲某个人一生的故事 |
[04:20] | then I’ll switch to the novel. | 我就去看小说 |
[04:22] | And if I’m not into the novel, I’ll switch back. | 如果我看不进小说 就继续看自传 |
[04:24] | Still there, Michel? | 你还在吗 Michel? |
[04:25] | – Yes, I… – Hold on. | – 在 我 – 等等别挂 |
[04:26] | – What is the Gore Vidal? – That’s my lunch book. | – Gore Vidal的呢? – 我午饭时要看的书 [注:戈尔・维达尔(Gore Vidal)美国著名小说家,剧作家,编剧,艺评及散文作家] |
[04:30] | Lose the Vidal or the Faulkner. You don’t need two novels. | 要么别带Vidal的书要么别带Faulkner的书 你用不着带两本小说 |
[04:32] | Vidal is essays. | Vidal的是散文 |
[04:34] | But the Eudora Welty’s not essays or biography. | 可Eudora Welty的 既不是散文也不是传记 [注:优朵拉・卫尔提(Eudora Welty)短篇小说家] |
[04:37] | – So, it’s another novel. Lose it. – It’s short stories. | – 所以 这是另一本小说 别带了吧 – 是短篇小说 |
[04:40] | – This is a sickness. Michel? – I am growing very old. | – 够病态的 Michel? – 我等得头发都白了 |
[04:44] | – Come pick me up? – I’m already here. | – 来接我好吗? – 我已经在这了啊 |
[04:46] | Put Carol on the desk and pick me up. | 让Carol到前台来然后来接我 |
[04:48] | I’m not speaking to Carol. She ate my low-fat cheese. | 我不想跟Carol说话 她把我的低脂奶酪吃了 |
[04:51] | Come pick me up and I will buy you some cheese. | 来接我 我给你买奶酪 |
[04:54] | – Low-fat cheese. – Low-fat cheese. | – 低脂奶酪 – 低脂奶酪 |
[04:56] | – Low-fat American cheese. – Low-fat American cheese. | – 美国低脂奶酪 – 美国低脂奶酪 |
[04:58] | And a meringue cookie. | 还要蛋白甜饼 |
[05:00] | – Just get over here. – Fine. | – 快来吧 – 好的 |
[05:04] | I made it all fit. | 正好全塞进去 |
[05:05] | Edna, Bill, Gore, and Eudora, all safe and sound. | Edna, Bill, Gore还有Eudora 全都安然无恙 |
[05:08] | Cool. Forgot your French book. | 真酷 你忘记法语书了 |
[05:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:13] | I’m carrying my French book. | 法语书我就拿手上 |
[05:15] | You so thought that French book was already in there. | 你刚以为法语书已经放包包里了 我没这么认为 |
[05:18] | – You have a problem. – No, I don’t. | – 你要出问题了 – 没有 |
[05:20] | You’re gonna tip over from the weight of that backpack. | 背包太重了 你都快摔倒了 |
[05:23] | – No, I’m not. – I’m gonna have to buy you a forklift. Bye. | – 不会的 – 我得给你去买辆铲车 再见 |
[05:50] | – I startled you. I didn’t mean to. – That’s okay. I’m easily startled. | – 我吓着你了吧 我不是存心的 – 没关系 我很容易受惊吓 |
[05:54] | I’m Mrs. Burdiness, the guidance counselor. | 我是Burdiness太太 指导顾问 |
[05:57] | – Your name’s Rory, isn’t it? Rory Gilmore? – Yes. | – 你是Rory吧? Rory Gilmore? – 是的 |
[06:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:02] | I’d love to sit and talk to you. Can we do that? | 我想坐下来跟你谈谈 可以吗? |
[06:04] | Sure, anytime. | 当然可以 随时恭候 |
[06:05] | – How about after you finish your lunch? – That soon? | – 等你吃完午饭怎么样? – 那么快? |
[06:09] | – I think soon would be good. – Okay. What’s this about? | – 我认为越快越好 – 好吧 关于什么话题? |
[06:12] | – We’ll talk about it then. – Not even a hint? | – 到时再说 – 不提示一下? |
[06:15] | – See you in a little bit. – Right. | – 过会儿见 – 好的 |
[06:21] | Come in. | 进来 |
[06:25] | – Hello, Rory. Have a seat. – Thank you. | – 你好 Rory 坐吧 – 谢谢 |
[06:29] | Don’t worry about being late for your next class. | 别担心下节课会迟到 |
[06:31] | – I’ll write you a note if you want. – Okay. | – 如果你想要假条 我可以给你写 – 好的 |
[06:34] | I know from your records you’re a stickler for punctuality. | 从你个人记录可以看出 你是个相当准时的人 |
[06:37] | I am a stickler, yes. I only slipped one time last year. | 是的 我确实要求很高 去年我只迟到了一次 |
[06:40] | I hit a deer. Actually, he hit me. Or she did. Or not me, my car. | 我撞到头鹿 其实是他撞了我 也许是她 或者 不是撞到我 而是我的车 |
[06:44] | But then he or she ran away, and I think it turned out okay. | 然后他或者她逃跑了 我觉得没什么大不了的 |
[06:48] | I didn’t see it again, so I can’t definitively say. | 我没再见过那头鹿 所以也不是特别肯定 |
[06:50] | But I did look for him or her. | 可我确实找过他 或者说她 |
[06:54] | It’s a big story. I’m surprised I don’t tell it better. | 这事说来话长 真怪 我没法说得更清楚 |
[06:57] | Why don’t we get to the reason I asked you here? | 我们为什么不谈谈 我让你来的原因呢? |
[06:59] | Headmaster Charleston brought you to my attention a few weeks ago. | Charleston校长几星期前 跟我提到了你 |
[07:02] | He’s worried. After observing you a bit, I’m worried, too. | 他很担心 我观察了你一阵子 也开始担心起来 |
[07:05] | You’ve been observing me? | 你一直在观察我? |
[07:07] | We’ve been concerned about your social behavior here at school. | 你在学校的社交让人担心 |
[07:10] | What about it? | 有什么不妥? |
[07:11] | You don’t seem to interact much with other students. | 你跟其他学生似乎不太沟通 |
[07:14] | I do, sometimes. In class, all the time. | 我有时会的 上课则一直都在沟通 |
[07:16] | But rarely outside of class. At lunch, you’re always alone. | 但课堂外 你跟人很少沟通 午饭时候你总是独来独往的 |
[07:19] | I catch up on reading. | 我得抓紧阅读 |
[07:20] | That Walkman makes you very unapproachable. | 你的随身听 让人根本无法靠近 |
[07:22] | You approached me. | 你不靠近我了 |
[07:23] | You jumped out of your skin. What does that tell you? | 可把你吓了一大跳 这表示什么? |
[07:26] | That I’m jumpy. | 我很敏感 |
[07:27] | On the Fourth of July, forget it, I’m a wreck. | 七月四日那天 别提了 我要崩溃了 |
[07:30] | When the Stars Hollow orchestra begins to play in the gazebo… | 当星空乐队 在露台开始表演的时候 |
[07:33] | with the guy banging the cymbals, it drives me nuts. | 一个乐手狠命演奏强烈的高音 叫人忍无可忍 |
[07:36] | Denying a problem doesn’t solve a problem, Rory. | 否认问题 并不能解决问题 Rory |
[07:38] | Unless something changes, this could affect your future. | 除非你能改变 否则你的前途会受影响 |
[07:41] | I don’t understand. I get good grades. Isn’t that enough? | 我不明白 我成绩优秀 难道还不够吗? |
[07:44] | You know it’s not. | 你知道不够 |
[07:45] | When we make recommendations to universities on behalf of a student… | 当我们向大学推荐学生的时候 |
[07:49] | that student’s social skills are a big part of it. | 学生的社交能力举足轻重 |
[07:52] | – I assume you want to go to a university. – Absolutely. | – 我猜你想上大学 – 当然 |
[07:56] | Well, universities do not look kindly on loners. | 大学 不喜欢独行侠 |
[07:59] | – But I’m not a loner. – What do you think a loner is? | – 可我不是独行侠 – 那你认为什么样的人才算独行侠? |
[08:02] | Loners are those guys that you see walking around wearing, I don’t know… | 独行侠行走江湖的时候总是 穿着…我不知道… |
[08:05] | out-of-date clothing, bell-bottoms. | 比如 过时的衣服 喇叭裤之类的 |
[08:07] | And they tend to carry a duffel bag… | 他们还喜欢扛着个大布袋 |
[08:10] | with God knows what inside. That’s a loner. | 天知道里面装的什么 那才是独行侠 |
[08:12] | Loners come in all shapes and sizes. Even pretty girls. | 独行侠里什么人都有 包括漂亮女孩 |
[08:15] | Just try to improve, Rory. Mix it up with others. | 尝试进步吧 Rory 要融入大家 |
[08:18] | You may even enjoy it. Start with lunch. | 你会乐在其中的 从午餐开始 |
[08:21] | I don’t suppose there’s a Lunchtime… | 我不知道午餐时间 |
[08:24] | Reading/Walkman-Listening Club I can join, is there? | 还有我可以参加的读书随身听俱乐部 有吗? |
[08:28] | I guess that’s no. | 我猜没有 |
[08:29] | – What does she expect? – She said, ‘Mix it up. ‘ | – 她想要干什么? – 她说了 “融合” |
[08:32] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[08:33] | I guess, going up to strange kids at school and saying: | 我猜就是 走到陌生的校友面前说 |
[08:35] | ‘Mind if I awkwardly butt in where I don’t belong and don’t wanna be?’ | 可以让我傻乎乎地成为你们的一员吗? 虽然我跟你们格格不入 |
[08:39] | The whole thing’s ridiculous. Chilton is a cult. | 太荒谬了 Chilton的人都是邪教徒 |
[08:41] | – Lorelai, do you know what this is? – No. | – Lorelai 你知道什么是邪教徒吗? – 不知道 |
[08:45] | Damn. | 该死 |
[08:46] | I don’t know. Maybe there is something wrong with me. | 我不知道 也许是我有问题 |
[08:48] | – Don’t say that. – Maybe I am a loner. | – 别这么说 – 也许我是个独行侠 |
[08:51] | You were mocking my backpack today. | 你今天嘲笑我的背包 |
[08:53] | I might be one step away from carrying a mysterious duffel bag. | 我可能离背大布袋的日子 只有一步之遥了 |
[08:56] | Don’t you go doubting who you are, how you should be. | 别怀疑你自己 也别质疑你应该是什么人 |
[08:59] | – How dare she do this to you? – It wasn’t just her. | – 她怎么敢这么对你? – 不仅仅是她这么对我 |
[09:01] | The meeting was Charleston’s suggestion. | 是Charleston让她跟我谈的 |
[09:03] | Well, good. It’s time I called on old Schnickelfritz Charleston… | 那么 好吧 看来我得给老 Schinickelfritz Charslton打个电话 |
[09:06] | to tell him to stop messing with my kid’s mind. | 让他别再干涉我孩子的想法 |
[09:08] | I don’t like this. Schools like Chilton try to stamp out… | 我不喜欢这样 Chilton这样的学校 老是压制 |
[09:11] | every vestige of individuality. I won’t let that happen. | 一切个性差异 我不会让他们得逞的 |
[09:14] | It’s all fixed. I found a loose terminal. | 汽车修好了 我发现一处接线松了 |
[09:17] | I reconnected the battery and jumped it. It’s set to go. | 我跳线重装了电池 可以发动了 |
[09:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:20] | No charge for the time I spent stuck underneath the car. | 我卡在车身下的时间就不算钱了 |
[09:23] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[09:24] | I just want to you know that I overheard, and you’re absolutely right. | 只想让你知道 我无意中听到你们的谈话 你说得太对了 |
[09:28] | I carried a duffel bag and ate lunch by myself my entire school career… | 我在学校的时候就一直背着大布袋 一个人午餐 |
[09:31] | and I turned out just fine. | 结果也挺好的 |
[09:36] | I’m still going down there. | 我还是得去学校 |
[09:40] | Ms. Gilmore is here. | Gilmore女士来了 |
[09:42] | Hello, Mr. Charleston. | 你好 Charleston先生 |
[09:43] | – Ms. Gilmore, good to see you. – Good to be here. | – Gilmore女士 见到你很高兴 – 很高兴来这里 |
[09:46] | I checked my records to remind myself why I asked you in… | 我翻了下记录 以提醒自己 为什么叫你来 |
[09:49] | – only to find you’d called this meeting. – I did. | – 发现你早上给我打过电话 – 是的 |
[09:52] | I’m surprised. We don’t see you often. We’d forgotten what you look like. | 奇怪 我们不怎么看到你 都忘记你长什么模样了 |
[09:56] | I’m pretty much the same. Rosy-cheeked, strong of bone, sly of wit. | 没什么变化 肤色红润 骨骼强健 头脑灵活 |
[10:00] | How nice. So why did you want to see me? | 真不错 你为什么要见我呢? |
[10:02] | Well, I wanted to talk to you about Rory, and this ridiculous accusation… | 我想跟你谈谈Rory 以及你们对她的荒唐谴责 |
[10:06] | about her being a loner and how that’s something bad. | 说她是个独行侠 还告诉她做个独行侠有多么不好 |
[10:09] | – Well, it is bad. – No, it’s not bad. It’s just her. | – 嗯 是不好 – 不 没什么不好 她就是她 |
[10:12] | I raised Rory to do what she wants, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone. | 我把Rory抚养长大 就是为了让她 想做什么做什么 只要不伤害别人 |
[10:16] | I don’t see how reading a book or listening to a Walkman is hurting anyone. | 我不明白怎么读读书 听听随身听 就伤害别人了 |
[10:20] | – It’s hurting her. – I respectfully disagree. | – 是伤害她 – 我尊重你 但不同意你说的 |
[10:23] | That doesn’t surprise me, based on my research. | 我一点不感到意外 根据我的调查 |
[10:25] | What research? | 什么调查? |
[10:26] | Seeing your name on the appointment list, I decided to have a look at the file. | 我在预约名单上看到你名字 所以决定看看档案 |
[10:30] | Yes. Rory’s file’s been of a lot of interest lately, hasn’t it? | 是的 Rory的档案 近来一定颇有意思吧 |
[10:34] | I wasn’t talking about Rory’s file. I was talking about yours. | 我没说Rory的档案 我说的是你的档案 |
[10:37] | – I have a file? – You most certainly do. | – 我有档案? – 绝大多数人都有 |
[10:39] | – It’s tiny. – It’s very thin. | – 很小 – 很薄 |
[10:41] | That’s good. It means I haven’t gotten into trouble. | 那很好 表示我没惹过什么麻烦 |
[10:44] | On the contrary, a thin file for a parent indicates lack of participation. | 恰恰相反 父母的档案单薄 说明很少参加活动 |
[10:48] | Now, wait a minute, I’ve participated in stuff. | 等等 我参加过活动的 |
[10:50] | – You attended a bake sale. – And I sold stuff. | – 你卖过面包 – 我还卖别的东西 |
[10:52] | – Then promptly left. – I was busy. | – 很快就打退堂鼓了 – 我很忙 |
[10:54] | Without fraternizing with the other parents at all. | 和其他孩子的父母 形同陌路 |
[10:57] | – Busy, like a really tall bee. – Like mother, like daughter. | – 我忙得象个大蜜蜂 – 有其母必有其女 |
[11:01] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[11:02] | Ms. Gilmore, active participation in Chilton activities for a parent… | Gilmore女士 在Chilton父母能积极参与学校活动 |
[11:05] | – is vitally important. – But… | – 是至关重要的 – 但是 |
[11:07] | This is a list of organizations sponsored by Chilton. | 这是Chilton主办的一些活动列表 |
[11:10] | Parent groups dedicated to certain specific tasks. | 父母组指定了一些特别的项目 |
[11:13] | Any one of them would be honored by your participation. | 你随便参加哪一项都很光荣 |
[11:15] | – Okay, my schedule is… – We’re all tremendously busy. | – 好吧 我的日程安排是 – 我们都忙得不可开交 |
[11:19] | I hope you’re not too busy to do what’s best for you… | 我希望你不至于忙到 做不了对自己而言最重要的事 |
[11:21] | – or what’s best for Rory, are you? – No. | – 或者说对Rory最重要的事 你会吗? – 不会的 |
[11:24] | – Excellent. Let us know what it’ll be. – I will. | – 太好了 让我们拭目以待 – 我会做的 |
[11:31] | – May I go? – Yes, you may. | – 我可以走了吗 – 是的 你可以走了 |
[11:34] | I’m glad you came in today. It was a good idea. | 很高兴你今天来访 这是个好主意 |
[11:36] | Yes. I’m just full of good ideas. | 我满脑子都是好主意 |
[11:45] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[11:47] | – Yeah, look Fat Albert. Get me a soda? – Mom, what are you doing here? | – 看看胖Albert给的东西 给我拿苏打水了吗? – 妈妈 你在这里干什么? |
[11:50] | You were to meet me in my Latin class… | 你应该在拉丁语教室跟我碰面的 |
[11:53] | after meeting with Headmaster Charleston. | 在跟Charlston校长碰面后 |
[11:54] | Oh, my, God. I was. I totally forgot. I’m so sorry. | 哦 上帝 是的 我全忘了 真抱歉 |
[11:58] | – What happened? Did you talk to him? – I did. | – 发生什么事了? 你跟他谈过了? – 是的 |
[12:01] | I said he was completely out of line with his treatment of you… | 我跟他说 他对你管得太离谱了 |
[12:04] | that you’re not a loner freak, you’ve plenty of friends. | 你不是个独行怪人 你有很多朋友 |
[12:06] | You don’t own a long black leather Matrix coat. | 你不是骇客帝国里的救世主 |
[12:09] | They should fall on their knee socks… | 他们都应该向你跪拜 |
[12:11] | every day that you deign to show up at that loser school. | 当你每天大驾光临那个失败者校园 |
[12:15] | – And? – Then he yelled at me. | – 然后呢? – 然后他对我大吼大叫 |
[12:17] | – He what? – He pulled out a file… | – 他什么? – 他拿出一份档案 |
[12:19] | – and told me I was a bad Chilton Mom. – He did not. | – 说我是个不称职的母亲 – 他不会吧 |
[12:21] | – I don’t participate in school activities. – Well, you work. | – 我不参加学校举办的活动 – 因为你要干活 |
[12:25] | – And I don’t make posters. – You have no artistic capabilities. | – 我不做海报 – 你没艺术天分 |
[12:28] | – I don’t chaperon school dances. – Does he know you got pregnant at 16? | – 我不陪你参加学校舞会 – 他知道你16岁就怀孕了吗? |
[12:31] | Basically, I’m not doing my part to help further your educational future. | 基本上 我没有尽心尽责地 帮助和促进你的学业 |
[12:35] | So we both got busted. Great. | 这么说我们都被训斥了一顿 太好了 |
[12:37] | Now I have to pick a group or a cause or sponsor a club or something. | 现在 我得加入某个团体活动 或是主办个俱乐部什么的 |
[12:42] | This sucks. | 真讨厌 |
[12:43] | But, hey, I’ve been thinking. | 可是 嗨 我一直在想 |
[12:45] | The whole reason we did this Chilton thing is for you to get into Harvard, right? | 我们在Chilton做的一切都无非是为了 让你进哈佛 对不? |
[12:50] | And these fanatics that run your school… | 管理学校的这些狂热分子 |
[12:53] | are the ones that write the letters to the fancy colleges… | 会给那些优秀的大学写信 |
[12:56] | saying things like, ‘Hey, she’s keen, look at her. ‘ | 他们会这么说 嗨 她机智热情 看看她 |
[12:58] | Or, ‘Have you seen the ‘I’ tattooed on her forehead? | 或者说 你看到刻在她额头的L吗? |
[13:02] | ‘Cause it sure is a big one. ‘ | 因为那个字母真的很大 |
[13:03] | You’re saying we should just go along with this? | 你是说 我们应该按照他们说的做? |
[13:05] | Go along with it. Talk to some kids. I’ll hang out with their moms… | 按照他们说的做 和其他孩子说说话 我去和他们的妈妈们套近乎 |
[13:09] | and we’ll get into Harvard, take over the world… | 然后我们挺进哈佛 征服世界 |
[13:12] | and buy Chilton and turn it into a rave club. | 买下Chilton学校 把它变成咆哮俱乐部 |
[13:15] | – What do you say? Deal? – Deal. | – 你觉得怎么样? 就这么定了? – 就这么定了 |
[13:17] | Look, the Chilton Cheer Society wear matching hats. | 看 Chilton喝彩俱乐部 戴着对对帽 |
[13:22] | Go Harvard. | 走向哈佛 |
[13:47] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[13:49] | There’s a bad draft where I usually sit, kind of like a big downward gust. | 我以前常坐的地方有股糟糕的气流 有点象往下钻的大气流 |
[13:53] | Not exactly ‘Toto, we’re not in Kansas anymore’… | 不完全是 真小儿科 我们早离开堪萨斯了 |
[13:55] | but it’s still uncomfortable… | 但还是感觉不舒服 |
[13:57] | especially when you’re just gotten your hair to behave. | 尤其是当你刚把头发弄好 |
[13:59] | So can I sit here? | 那么我可以坐这里吗? |
[14:02] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[14:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:07] | Nice table. | 桌子不错 |
[14:09] | It’s much more level than the one over there. | 比那里那个高级多了 |
[14:11] | – Your name is Lori? – Rory. | – 你叫Lori? |
[14:13] | Right. Rory. | 对 Rory |
[14:15] | – What’s yours? – Francie. | – 你呢? – Francie |
[14:16] | – You’re Francie? – No, she’s Francie. I’m Ivy. | – 你是Francie? – 不是 她是Francie 我是Ivy |
[14:19] | – Francie’s spokesman. – I am a very important person… | – Francie的发言人 – 我是个重要人物 |
[14:22] | and very important people never speak for themselves. | 重要人物从来不为自己发言 |
[14:24] | I did not know that, but I do now. | 我不知道还有这回事 现在知道了 |
[14:27] | That’s Azure, Lily, Celine, Lana, Asia, Anna, and Lem. | 他们是Azure Lily Celine Lala Aisa Anna和Lem |
[14:32] | – Lem. – Short for lemon. | – lem – Lemon的简称 |
[14:34] | Oh, sure. | 哦 当然 |
[14:35] | We were just discussing homecoming. | 我们刚才正在讨论返校 |
[14:37] | – Thoughts? – Great movie. | – 你有什么想法吗? – 伟大的电影 |
[14:38] | That was Coming Home. Sorry. | 那电影名字叫回家 不好意思 |
[14:41] | I truly believe the whole homecoming dance ritual should be put to sleep. | 我坚信 返校舞会典礼应该取消 |
[14:45] | Or at least assigned a new color scheme. | 或至少换掉主题颜色 |
[14:47] | – Rory, huh? Do they call you ‘Ror’? – Not unless provoked. | – Rory 他们是不是叫你Ror? – 不会 除非我惹怒了他们 |
[14:51] | No nickname? | 你没昵称? |
[14:52] | Actually, Rory is a nickname. My full name’s Lorelai. | 事实上 Rory就是昵称 我的全名叫Lorelai |
[14:55] | – Lorelai. That’s a weird name. – Well, Lem, what can I say? | – Lorelai 这个名字怪怪的 – Lem 我该说什么呢? |
[14:58] | Sounds Southern. Are you a belle? | 听起来有点南方腔 你是美女吗? |
[15:01] | No, but apparently I command them. | 不是 不过显而易见美女都听令于我 |
[15:05] | See you later, Your Highness. | 再见 殿下 |
[15:16] | God! You’re like a pop-up book from hell. | 天哪 你吓了我一大跳 |
[15:18] | You were with the Puffs. How did you do it? | 你刚才和the Puffs坐在一起 你是怎么做到的? |
[15:20] | – The who? – The Chilton Puffs. | – 和谁? – 和Chilton Puffs |
[15:22] | – You were at their table. – I don’t know. I just sat down. | – 你刚才跟她们坐一桌了 – 不懂你的意思 我只是坐在那儿罢了 |
[15:25] | Nobody just sits down with them. You have to be invited. | 没有人能”只是坐在那儿” 你必须受到她们的邀请才行 |
[15:28] | Paris, it’s not the Costa Nostra. | Paris 这又不是Costa Nostra |
[15:30] | No, they’re the Puffs. The most influential sorority at Chilton. | 不 她们是the Puffs 是Chilton最有影响力的女生联谊会 |
[15:33] | – Chilton has sororities? – Only ten worth mentioning. | – Chilton有女生联谊会? – 其中只有10个值得一提 |
[15:35] | The Puffs have been number one for at least the last 50 years. | 而the Puffs在过去50年里 一直都是老大 |
[15:38] | My mother was a Puff, my aunt was a Puff. | 我妈妈是Puff成员 我阿姨也是 |
[15:40] | I thought only colleges had sororities. | 我还以为只有大学有女生联谊会 |
[15:42] | Connections you make with them last the rest of your life. | 而你和它建立的关系将会持续一生 |
[15:45] | My cousin got her internship at the Supreme Court… | 我堂姐得到了在最高法院实习的机会 |
[15:47] | – because of Sandra Day O’Connor. – She was a Puff? | – 因为Sandra Day O’Connor推荐了她 – 而她曾是Puff成员? |
[15:50] | Yes. She was Puffed in 1946, became the president in ’47… | 是的 她是1946年入选Puff的 接着在’47年当上了主席 |
[15:53] | and in ’48, she moved the group to the very table you sat at today. | 然后’48年 她把这个组织搬到了 你刚才坐的那张桌子 |
[15:57] | It was a controversial move then, but she was just that powerful. | 这个举动当时引起很大的争议 但是她就是有那么大的影响力能决定 |
[16:00] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知道这个事情 |
[16:01] | What did you say about me? Did you tell them you hated me? | 你跟她们说我什么了? 和她们说你讨厌我了吗? |
[16:04] | I didn’t mention you. | 我没提到你 |
[16:05] | I’ve been killing myself trying to get invited in. | 我为了得到这个组织的邀请 一直拼了命地努力 |
[16:08] | I spent all of last year sucking up to Francine Jarvis. | 我花了去年一整年 巴结Francine Jarvis |
[16:10] | You mean Francie? | 你是说Francie? |
[16:12] | – You call her Francie? – No, someone else did. | – 你叫她Francie? – 不是 其他人这么叫的 |
[16:15] | I’ve helped her with her homework… | 我一直以来都帮她做作业… |
[16:16] | secured her a prime spot for parking, organized her locker… | 为她确保了一个黄金车位 给她安排好置物柜… |
[16:19] | scrunched up the plastic strands on her pompoms to make them fluffy. | 帮她把啦啦队彩球上的包装绳揉成团 好让她的彩球看起来毛茸茸的 |
[16:22] | I’ve done everything except a manicure. | 我就差没帮她修甲了 |
[16:24] | If I had any talent with an orange stick, I would’ve done that, too. | 如果我有修指甲的天赋 我也会做的 |
[16:27] | I know I’m not the first to say this to you, but you’re insane. | 我知道我不是第一个对你这么说的人 但是 你疯了 |
[16:30] | Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[16:33] | – I know you and me, we… – Shouldn’t be around each other armed. | – 我知道你和我 我们… – 不可能挽着胳膊一起走 |
[16:36] | Yes. But you have to understand, I have to get into that group. | 对 但我想你必须明白 我一定要进入那个组织 |
[16:40] | I just have to. | 我真的不得不 |
[16:42] | My family’s name and reputation, not to mention my entire future… | 为了我家族的名誉和声望 更不用说我的整个未来 |
[16:45] | – all depend on me getting into that group. – It’s just a clique, that’s all. | – 全部都指望着我能否打入那个团体了 – 它就只是个小集团罢了 |
[16:49] | Look, all I’m asking is, please don’t say anything horrible about me. | 听着 我只求你一件事 请千万不要说 任何我的坏话 |
[16:53] | Don’t tell them that you hate me. | 不要跟她们说你讨厌我 |
[16:54] | Paris, I’m not in their group. They don’t care what I say. | Paris 得了吧 我并不是她们的成员 她们不会在意我说什么的 |
[16:57] | They let you sit at their table through lunch. You’re in. | 她们整个午餐时间都让你跟她们同桌 你已经是她们的一员了 |
[17:01] | You know what? Never mind. Do what you want. I don’t care. | 你知道吗? 算了 你想怎么样就怎么样吧 我随便你 |
[17:08] | – Who the hell names their kid Lemon? – Someone really into citrus. | – 谁会给自己的孩子取名Lemon(柠檬)? – 非常喜欢柑橘类植物的人吧 |
[17:12] | Crazy people. | 疯子 |
[17:14] | It’s just so weird that the one table I sit down at is home to the secret society. | 这太奇怪了 就一张我随便坐的桌子 竟然是什么秘密小社团的大本营 |
[17:18] | It’s like waking up one day and realizing everyone in your family… | 这就像某天早上醒来 发现你家里的每个人… |
[17:22] | – can pull their face off. – Yes, it’s exactly like that. | – 都变了张脸 – 对 就是这样没错 |
[17:25] | Your mother would like you to head out to the patio. | 你母亲希望你们到院子去 |
[17:28] | – We’re barbecuing tonight. – Thanks. | – 我们今晚烧烤 – 谢谢 |
[17:32] | – Does Grandma have a barbecue? – I don’t know. | – 外婆家有烧烤的东西吗? – 我不知道 |
[17:34] | Maybe she keeps it in a secret room… | 她可能把它藏在某个秘密房间里… |
[17:36] | with the paper napkins and the mismatched sheets. | 和纸巾还有不配套的被单放在一起 |
[17:39] | – Wow. She really is barbecuing. – Cool. | – 哇 她真的要烧烤 – 酷 |
[17:43] | – What’s up, Poppin’ Fresh? – Corn! | – 怎么样 有什么花样? – 玉米! |
[17:45] | Nice. Thank you. | 真不错 谢谢你 |
[17:50] | What is this, a refugee camp? Come inside and eat at the table. | 这像什么样子 难民营吗? 进来上桌吃 |
[17:54] | Mom, the whole point of barbecuing is to eat outside. | 妈妈 烧烤的意义就在于在外面吃啊 |
[17:57] | Animals eat outside. | 动物才在户外吃东西 |
[17:58] | Human beings eat inside with napkins and utensils. | 人类在室内吃东西 还要使用餐巾和餐具 |
[18:01] | If you want to eat outside, go hunt down a gazelle. | 如果你想在外头吃 不如干脆去打猎只瞪羚回来更好 |
[18:04] | Make your decision. I’ll be inside. | 你自己定 我在屋里吃 |
[18:07] | What are the odds of finding a gazelle here? | 在这里找到一只瞪羚的可能性有多大? |
[18:09] | – Slim to none. – Okay, let’s go. | – 差不多没有 – 好了 我们走吧 |
[18:15] | – I’m extremely disappointed in you. – Hold on, Mom. | – 我实在对你失望透顶 – 等等 妈妈 |
[18:22] | Okay, go ahead. | 好了 说吧 |
[18:24] | I had lunch with Bitty Charleston today. | 我今天和Bitty Charleston一起吃午饭 |
[18:25] | She told me what happened with you and the headmaster. | 她告诉了我你和校长的会见情况 |
[18:28] | Does someone do nothing but hide under his desk with a tape recorder? | 是不是某人除了往桌下藏录音机之外 没别的事干了? |
[18:31] | After all we’ve gone through to get Rory in that school… | 无论如何 我们总算让Rory上了这所学校 |
[18:34] | and then you humiliate all of us by not being involved? | 可是你却因为没参与学校活动 而丢我们所有人的脸? |
[18:37] | That’s just incomprehensible. | 这简直不可理解 |
[18:38] | – She wasn’t involved either. – Wow, just sitting here. | – 她不也一样没参与 – 我又没碍着你 |
[18:41] | You are grown-up. Set an example. | 你是大人 该做个榜样 |
[18:42] | If she’s not involved with school, then she learned it from you. | 如果她在学校不积极 那就是跟你学的 |
[18:45] | How hard is it to help out just once in a while? | 你就暂时帮个忙又有多困难? |
[18:48] | Join a group, attend a meeting. And all for the sake… | 参加一个社团 出席一次会议 还不都是为了… |
[18:51] | Mom, stop already. Please. I have joined a group, okay? | 妈妈 停下 拜托 我已经加入社团了好不好? |
[18:53] | – You have? – Yes. | – 你加入了? – 加入了 |
[18:55] | Which one? | 哪个? |
[18:57] | I’m gonna join the Booster Club, okay? | 我准备加入后援会行了吧? |
[19:00] | The Booster Club. I’m going to boost. | 就是后援会 我要做后援活动 |
[19:03] | Well, the Boosters are a very fine organization. | 哦 这倒是个很好的组织 |
[19:06] | – That’s why I picked them. – They do good work for the school. | – 也就是我选它的原因 – 它的成员们为学校做好事 |
[19:09] | All went into the picking process. | 我已经进入面试阶段了 |
[19:10] | And the matching sweatshirts they wear are just darling. | 而且他们的比赛服也很可爱 |
[19:17] | We’re certainly not doing it like last year. | 我们绝对不能像去年那样了 |
[19:19] | – God, was that awful. – It wasn’t that bad. | – 上帝 去年简直糟糕透了 – 其实也没那么糟吧 |
[19:22] | When we finished paying for everybody’s stomach to be pumped… | 当我们付完钱填饱每个人的肚子后… |
[19:25] | there was no money left to buy bleachers. | 我们连买看台票的经费都没剩下 |
[19:27] | The salsa band was wonderful. | 但是那个salsa舞团很棒啊 |
[19:28] | – This is giving me a migraine. – I vote we take a break. | – 这个话题害我偏头痛了 – 我提议休息一下 |
[19:32] | – Hi. Sorry to interrupt. – It’s all right. Can we help you? | – 嗨 抱歉打扰你们了 – 没关系 有什么能帮到你的吗? |
[19:36] | Yes, actually. This isn’t the Booster Club, is it? | 实际上 是的 这不会就是后援会吧? |
[19:39] | Yes, it is. | 没错 就是这里 |
[19:41] | Thank God you’re not wearing sweatshirts. | 谢天谢地 你们没穿着运动服 |
[19:43] | You know what? Never mind. I’m Lorelai Gilmore. Sorry I’m late. | 算了 当我没说 我是Lorelai Gilmore 抱歉来晚了 |
[19:47] | Please, you haven’t missed a thing. | 请进 你没错过任何东西 |
[19:49] | So far, we had coffee, debated Carolyn Masters’ nose job. | 目前为止 我们只是喝着咖啡 讨论着Carolyn Master的鼻子整形 |
[19:52] | – Too pug. – Too smushed. | – 太扁了 – 太塌了 |
[19:54] | And we started arguing about our fall fundraiser. | 还有我们开始争论秋季活动的筹款 |
[19:56] | I suggested we take a break. | 然后我提议休息一会儿 |
[19:58] | I ignored the suggestion. And now here we are. You’re up to date. | 我忽略了这个提议 所以就到这里了 你来的正是时候 |
[20:01] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[20:02] | Lorelai Gilmore. You’re Emily’s daughter. | Lorelai Gilmore 你是Emily的女儿 |
[20:05] | Yeah. You know my mother? | 是的 你认识我妈妈? |
[20:07] | Very well. We’re on the Philharmonic Committee together. | 很熟了 我们以前都是交响乐团委员会的 |
[20:10] | – She told me to keep an eye out for you. – That’s nice. | – 她叫我关照你 – 那很好啊 |
[20:13] | She wasn’t sure you’d show up. | 她并不确定你会来 |
[20:15] | So, fall fundraiser. What do we do? | 那么 秋季筹款 我们要做什么? |
[20:17] | Last year, we had the usual luncheon with the silent auction… | 去年 我们举办了例行的午宴 中间还有安静拍卖会 |
[20:20] | – and a salsa band. – A terrific salsa band. | – 还有一支salsa舞团 – 一支很棒的salsa舞团 |
[20:23] | But every guest ended up in the hospital with food poisoning… | 但是所有客人都因为食物中毒 被送去医院了 |
[20:26] | before the auction started, and we wound up losing money. | 而且还是在拍卖会开始之前 所以我们赔钱了 |
[20:29] | – Whoops. – Yes, it’s quite a whoops, isn’t it? | – 哇 – 是的 真倒霉 不是吗? |
[20:31] | This year, we’ve decided to do a fashion show. | 不管怎样 今年我们决定做时装秀 |
[20:33] | That sounds fun. | 听起来很有意思 |
[20:35] | – Well, Aubrey here works at Saks. – Used to work at Saks. | – 嗯 Aubrey在Saks工作 – 曾经在Saks工作 |
[20:38] | Sorry. Used to work at Saks. | 抱歉 曾经在Saks工作 |
[20:40] | She got several designers to donate their clothes. | 她联系了一些设计师愿意捐出服装的 |
[20:42] | Now we’re just trying to find a suitable caterer and location… | 现在我们只差找到一个合适的宴会承办 还有举行地点… |
[20:45] | – and someone to plan the event. – It’s all going very well. | – 还有安排整个活动的人 – 一切都进行得很顺利 |
[20:48] | – I still say we approach Chateau Memsie. – That space is too small, Mena. | – 我还是建议去Memsie城堡 – 那个地方空间太小了 Mena |
[20:52] | How about something more young and fun? | 来点更年轻的更好玩的怎么样? |
[20:54] | – You know my stepdaughter, Kimberly… – Sarah? | – 你们认识我的继女Kimberly吧 – 是Sarah吧? |
[20:57] | Right, Sarah. | 对 Sarah |
[20:59] | Anyhow, she told me about this new club called The Digs… | 不管怎么样 她跟我说过 有个新开的俱乐部叫The Digs… |
[21:02] | She’s been married a month and can’t remember the names of her stepchildren. | 她结婚都一个月了 还记不住 现在老公的孩子叫什么名字 |
[21:05] | …so the booths are in these pits, and there’s sand everywhere… | …那些摊位都在深坑里 还有到处都是沙子… |
[21:09] | Stop her. | 让她停下来 |
[21:10] | I don’t think that’s exactly what we’re looking for. | 我觉得这和我们要找的不符合 |
[21:13] | I run an inn. | 我开了一家旅店 |
[21:14] | – You do? – Which one? | – 真的? – 哪间? |
[21:15] | The Independence Inn. It’s in Stars Hollow. | 就是那间独立旅馆 在Stars Hollow的 |
[21:17] | I’ve been there. It’s lovely. | 我去过那儿 那间旅店很可爱 |
[21:20] | We have a terrific chef who’s never once hospitalized an entire function. | 我们有个非常棒的厨师 从来没有 让任何典礼出过要送院治疗的事故 |
[21:24] | I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, but we do functions there all the time. | 我不知道你们的要求准确来说是什么 不过倒是常有庆祝典礼在我们那儿举行 |
[21:29] | – Who’s your function coordinator? – I am, actually. | – 你们庆典协调人是谁? – 实际上 就是我 |
[21:31] | Since it’s for charity, I could get you a good price. | 既然是慈善活动 我可以给你们一个优惠价 |
[21:34] | I’m sorry, I forgot to ask. Are you from heaven? | 不好意思 我忘了问了 你是天使吗? |
[21:37] | – You like the idea? – I love the idea. | – 你喜欢这主意? – 我爱这主意 |
[21:40] | I love it so much, we can finally take that break Aubrey’s been dying for. | 我非常喜欢这个点子 现在终于能休息了 Aubrey一直渴望着的休息 |
[21:46] | Well, this is very exciting. | 嗯 这太让人振奋了 |
[21:48] | Mind if I come out there tomorrow to take a look at the place? | 介意我明天过去看看地方吗? |
[21:51] | – Make sure it’s big enough for the runway. – Yeah, sure. I’ll be there all day. | – 确保有足够大的空间给天桥 – 好的 当然 我整天都会在那里 |
[21:55] | So, a fashion show, huh? Are we gonna get any famous models? | 那么 一场时装秀是吗? 我们是不是将请到什么有名的模特? |
[21:58] | – Excuse me? – To model the clothes. | – 抱歉 什么? – 用来展示服装啊 |
[22:00] | Any chance I’ll finally see Kate Moss eat something? | 我会不会有幸看到Kate Moss 吃东西的场面? |
[22:03] | – No, we’re the models. – We? Who’s we? | – 不 我们就是模特 – 我们?哪个我们? |
[22:06] | We. The women in this room. Me, you. We. | 我们 这个房间里的女士们 我 你 我们 |
[22:08] | – Me? – Yes. | – 我? – 是的 |
[22:11] | By the way, welcome to the Boosters. We’re thrilled to have you. | 顺便说一句 欢迎加入后援会 我们非常高兴你能来 |
[22:14] | Thanks. That’s great. | 谢谢 你真好 |
[22:19] | Yours is worse than mine. | 你比我的情况糟糕 |
[22:21] | They totally just snuck that modeling thing in. | 她们完全把模特的事内定了 |
[22:24] | My mom’s a model. | 我妈妈是模特啦 |
[22:25] | Maybe I’ll get to date Leonardo DiCaprio now. | 说不定我现在都能有机会 和Leonardo DiCarprio约会了 |
[22:28] | Plus, now I have to plan the whole stupid thing. | 不止 现在我还不得不安排 这整个愚蠢的活动 |
[22:31] | Lorelai Gilmore. Nope, doesn’t sound model-y enough. | Lorelai Gilmore 不 听起来不够模特 |
[22:34] | You need something that stands out more. How about Waffle? | 你需要个更引人注意的名字 叫Waffle怎么样? |
[22:37] | We could call you that and say you’re from Belgium. | 我们可以这么叫你 然后说你是比利时人 |
[22:39] | I’m crabby. I need to do something about it. | 我烦死了 我得做点什么了 |
[22:42] | – Hey, Mom. – Hello. | – 嘿 妈妈 – 好啊 |
[22:43] | I went to my first Booster meeting last night. | 我昨晚第一次参加了后援会的会议 |
[22:45] | – Did Bitty tell you? – No, she did not. | – Bitty告诉你没有? – 没 她没说 |
[22:47] | Maybe she’s still stuck under that desk. You might wanna send someone out there. | 可能她现在还在桌底卡着呢 你可能会想派个人过去看看吧 |
[22:51] | It’s nice to hear you’re finally getting involved. | 很高兴听到你终于积极参加活动了 |
[22:53] | Yes. In fact, we’re planning a charity fashion show next weekend… | 是的 实际上我们在计划一个 慈善服装秀 就在下个周末… |
[22:58] | – and I volunteered to organize it. – Well, good for you. | – 而我志愿来组织这个活动 – 做的很好 |
[23:02] | Since I know how concerned you are about how Rory’s perceived at Chilton… | 我知道你对Rory在学校的表现有多关心 |
[23:06] | I knew you’d want to be involved, so you’re one of the models. | 所以我觉得你也会想参加的 因此你就是模特中的一个了 |
[23:09] | – Excuse me? – Yeah, so it’s next Saturday. | – 你说什么? – 是的 就在下星期六 |
[23:11] | Be there at 4:00, and we’ll provide hair and makeup. | 4点要到 我们提供发型和化妆 |
[23:14] | – You can’t be serious. – We’ll need your measurements, also. | – 你不是认真的 – 我们还需要你的尺寸 |
[23:17] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[23:19] | You said you wanted me to be involved. I’m involved. | 你说过你想让我积极参与 我现在积极参与了 |
[23:21] | Don’t you want to do your part to ensure Rory’s future? | 你难道不愿意献出你的一份力量 来保证Rory的前途吗? |
[23:24] | – All right. – Start measuring. | – 好吧 – 现在去量身吧 |
[23:27] | – You feel better now? – Waffle’s very happy. | – 你现在感觉好些了? – Waffle现在感觉好极了 |
[23:40] | Sit with us, please. | 请跟我们坐一起 |
[23:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:48] | Here she is. | 她来了 |
[23:51] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[23:52] | – We talked. We find you fascinating. – Like the monkey habitat. | – 我们谈过了 我们发现你挺吸引人的 – 就像猴子喜欢群居一样 |
[23:55] | So we’ve decided to extend an invite to you. | 所以我们决定向你发出邀请 |
[23:58] | – You can eat here anytime you like. – Wow. That’s nice of you. Thanks. | – 你可以在这儿吃饭 任何时候都行 – 哇 你真好 谢谢 |
[24:02] | – Can I ask about this whole sorority thing? – Pardon? | – 我能问问关于这个联谊会的东西吗? – 不好意思 什么? |
[24:06] | – Sorori-what? – I thought you guys… | – 什么联谊会? – 我以为你们是… |
[24:08] | – We’ve no idea what you’re talking about. – Right. | – 我们不知道你指的是什么 – 对啊 |
[24:11] | After all, what’s the point of a secret society if it’s not a secret? | 毕竟 一个秘密小社会有什么意义 如果它根本不是秘密 |
[24:15] | The whole school apparently knows about it. | 很显然 整个学校都知道它 |
[24:17] | No one has proof. It’s just folklore. | 没人证明过 它不过是民间传说罢了 |
[24:20] | – Like Snow White and Rose Red. – Or Mariah Carey’s crackup. | – 像童话雪姑娘 – 或者说Mariah Carey疯了 [注:Snow White and Rose Red 雪姑娘 格林童话里的一个童话故事 Mariah Carey玛丽亚凯莉,著名女歌手] |
[24:22] | Have you heard her fan message recently? | 你最近有没有听说过她歌迷的说法? |
[24:24] | She’s fine and is currently staring at a really beautiful rainbow. | 说她很好 现在正盯着一道 很漂亮的彩虹看呢 |
[24:27] | Survivor, hello. | 生还者 我说 |
[24:30] | – Friend of yours? – Paris? Oh, well… | – 你朋友? – Paris? 哦 那个… |
[24:33] | – Too intense. – Way too intense. | – 太迫切了地想加入我们了 – 实在太迫切了 |
[24:35] | – She comes from a long line of us, though. – I hate nepotism. | – 不过 她家里几代都是我们的成员 – 我讨厌裙带关系 |
[24:38] | It, however, does make the world go round. | 这个关系 无论如何 的确推动着世界发展 |
[24:40] | You know, Paris, while, yes, a little intense… | 你知道 Paris 当然 有些太迫切 但同时… |
[24:45] | is also very smart. | 也是很聪明的 |
[24:46] | I drop a box of matches on the floor, she can tell me how many there are? | 如果我把一盒火柴掉在地上 她能告诉我有多少根吗? |
[24:50] | She’s editor of the paper, amazing writer, plus funny. | 她是校报的编辑 很了不起的作者 而且风趣 |
[24:54] | – She’s funny? – Yeah, hilarious. | – 她风趣? – 是啊 很让人愉快 |
[24:57] | I mean, the times that we have spent laughing together… | 我是说 那些我们一起欢笑的时候… |
[25:00] | I tell you, she’s a regular Gary Mule Deer. | 告诉你吧 她就像Gary Mule Deer那么搞笑 [注:Gary Mule Deer 美国著名演员] |
[25:02] | She asked you to talk her up, didn’t she? | 她叫你说她好话 是不是? |
[25:05] | – No, not at all. – Right. | – 不 没有 – 是啊 |
[25:07] | Really. I think she’s actually thinking of joining another non-existent group. | 是真的 我想她其实在考虑 加入另一个不存在的团体 |
[25:11] | – What? – But her family’s fully Puffed. | – 什么? – 但是她家全是Puff成员 |
[25:14] | Don’t know. Maybe I heard wrong. But I think that’s what I heard her say. | 不知道 也许我听错了 但是我想她就是这么说的 |
[25:17] | A voluntary defector. | “自愿的背叛者” |
[25:18] | – Francie… – I know. | – Francie – 我知道了 |
[25:22] | – Paris? – Yeah? | – Paris? – 嗯? |
[25:24] | I think the wall can hold itself up just fine, don’t you? | 我觉得这面墙可以支撑得住自己 你不这么觉得吗? |
[25:27] | – What? – You should sit. | – 什么? – 你该坐下来 |
[25:28] | – Sit? – Here. | – 坐下来? – 坐这儿 |
[25:30] | – Sit there? – Or here. | – 坐那儿? – 或者这儿 |
[25:31] | Or anywhere, for that matter. | 或者哪儿都行 没关系 |
[25:33] | Unless you’ve got somewhere else to be. Another table, perhaps? | 除非你有其他地方可以呆 或许另外一张桌子? |
[25:37] | Another table? | 另外一桌? |
[25:38] | No, you have to sit right here. Come. | 不 你就得坐在这儿 过来 |
[25:42] | Okay. I guess I can sit. For a little while, anyhow. | 好吧 我应该能坐下 总之就一会儿 |
[25:46] | Okay. So… | 好了 那么… |
[25:49] | – have we discussed homecoming yet? – Not to my knowledge. | – 我们讨论过返校节了吗? – 据我所知还没有 |
[25:52] | I believe the whole homecoming dance ritual should be put to sleep. | 我认为整个返校节舞会典礼应该被取消 |
[25:56] | In the dining room. And don’t drip water on the floor, please. | 放到饭厅 还有请不要把水滴到地板上 |
[25:59] | – Michel, did… – Five minutes ago. | – Michel 你有没有… – 5分钟之前 |
[26:01] | He brought the wrong color. I sent him back. | 他拿来的颜色不对 我让他回去再拿 |
[26:03] | – When will he… – Twenty minutes… | – 他什么时候会… – 20分钟… |
[26:04] | or I’ll hunt him down and shave his beard. | 否则我会逮着他并把他胡子刮光 |
[26:06] | – Now we need… – Yes, thanks for reminding me. | – 现在我们需要… – 是的 谢谢提醒 |
[26:08] | – Anything… – No. | – 还有没有什么… – 没有 |
[26:09] | I’m going in the dining room. | 我去饭厅看看 |
[26:11] | Come and get me if you need me to finish a sentence. | 来找我 如果你需要我给你个 完整的句子 |
[26:13] | Will do. | 一定 |
[26:20] | – Hey, how’s it coming? – Working on it. | – 嘿 怎么样了? – 正努力做着 |
[26:22] | – This cannot tilt. – I know this. | – 这个绝对不能翘起来 – 我知道的 |
[26:24] | Women in heels will be walking on it. Make it not tilt. | 女士们要穿高跟鞋走在上面的 别让它翘起来 |
[26:29] | – The lettuce is dry. – What does that mean? | – 生菜干了 – 什么意思? |
[26:31] | – How attached are you to salad? – It’s free to see anyone. | – 你有多喜欢沙拉? – 所有人都喜欢 |
[26:34] | I won’t make a salad with dry lettuce. | 我不会用干生菜做沙拉的 |
[26:35] | – What’s the alternative? – Soup. | – 有什么其他选择吗? – 汤 |
[26:37] | – Fine. – Okay, great. | – 也可以 – 太棒了 |
[26:38] | – Sookie? – Yeah? | – Sookie? – 什么? |
[26:39] | – Did we pay for the lettuce already? – Yes. | – 我们已经付了买生菜的钱了吗? – 付了 |
[26:41] | – See if you can put it in the soup. – Gotcha. | – 看看能不能把生菜放汤里 – 明白 |
[26:45] | – Thank God. You brought Bert. – Right here. | – 谢天谢地 你把Bert带来了 – 就在这儿 |
[26:47] | My men. Follow me. | 我的好兄弟 跟我来 |
[26:49] | You do tell people that you’re the one that named my toolbox, right? | 你确实告诉了人们 说你就是那个 给我工具箱起名字的人 对吧? |
[26:53] | – Toolbox. Dirty. – Oh, jeez. | – 工具箱 好脏 – 哦 老天 |
[26:54] | – Okay, move. – What? | – 好了 让开 – 什么? |
[26:56] | – I want Luke to look at it. – I put this thing together. | – 我想要Luke来看看 – 是我把它组合起来的 |
[26:59] | Yes. And I loved your work in Pisa. Now get out of the way, please. | 是的 我很欣赏你在Pisa的杰作 但是现在请别挡路 |
[27:03] | – Okay, so what seems to be the problem? – The problem… That’s not funny. | – 好吧 那么看起来有什么问题? – 问题就是…这玩笑不好笑 |
[27:07] | I like it when you’re stressed. | 我喜欢你紧张兮兮的样子 |
[27:09] | – Man, he put this up all wrong. – Can you can fix it? | – 老天 他全弄错了 – 你能弄好吗? |
[27:12] | – I don’t know. I’ll see. – You can fix it. | – 我不确定 看看吧 – 你能弄好的 |
[27:14] | Say it all you want, it doesn’t make it true. | 只管说你的好了 反正又不能变成现实 |
[27:16] | – You can fix it. – Not with you hovering, I can’t. | – 你能弄好的 – 你不在旁边烦我的话也许还可以 |
[27:18] | Okay, I’m leaving. And you can fix it. | 好我马上走 还有 你能弄好 |
[27:23] | Eva, hi. | Eva 嗨 |
[27:25] | – God! The place looks wonderful. – Thank you. | – 上帝! 这地方看起来棒极了 – 谢谢 |
[27:28] | Let me show you to the room where we’re all getting ready. | 让我带你去房间里 那儿全都准备好了 |
[27:31] | Fix it yet? | 还在弄吗? |
[27:32] | – The moron used the wrong supports. – Please tell me you can fix it. | – 那个笨瓜用错了支撑物 – 告诉我你行的 |
[27:35] | – If I told you I couldn’t, would you accept? – No. | – 如果我说我不行 你会接受吗? – 不会 |
[27:38] | – I can fix it. – Thank you. | – 我能行 – 谢谢 |
[27:40] | So, we’re right back here. | 那么 我们就在后面这儿 |
[27:42] | Eva, the room’s right back here. | Eva 房间就在这后面 |
[27:44] | – Him. There. Man with tools. Who is that? – That’s Luke. | – 他 那里 拿着工具的 他是谁? – 那是Luke |
[27:47] | – I like Luke. – What? | – 我喜欢Luke – 什么? |
[27:49] | He’s adorable. And he looks strong. Is he strong? | 他好可爱 而且他看起来很强壮 他强壮吗? |
[27:52] | I don’t think he’s gonna be in a sideshow anytime soon… | 我觉得呆会他没法客串表演的… |
[27:54] | but he can get the lid off a pickle jar. | 不过他是可以徒手打开泡菜罐的盖子 |
[27:56] | – Is he single? – Well, yeah, he is single. | – 他是单身吗? – 嗯 是的 他单身 |
[27:59] | – What kind of women does he like? – I don’t know. The ones with heads. | – 他喜欢什么样的女人? – 我不清楚 有脑子的吧 |
[28:03] | You know, I don’t really know what Luke’s taste in women is. | 你知道 我不太清楚Luke对女人的口味 |
[28:07] | Why don’t you just go in the back, go to the right… | 为什么不进去后面看看 去右边… |
[28:10] | you’ll find the dressing room. I’ll be there in a sec. | 你会找到更衣室 我一会儿就过去 |
[28:13] | – Hi, Mom. – The place isn’t nearly done yet. | – 嗨 妈妈 – 这地方还没布置好 |
[28:17] | Why don’t you just go in the back and get ready? | 为什么不到后面去准备一下呢? |
[28:19] | See the clothes? What am I wearing? | 你看到服装了没有? 我要穿成什么样? |
[28:21] | I don’t know. I had them hang them in the room. | 我不知道 我把它们挂房里了 |
[28:23] | I hope they’re not tasteless or zebra-striped or spandex. | 我希望它们不要没品位 也不要是斑马纹的或者紧身的 |
[28:26] | One good way to find out is to go on back and take a peek. | 能确认的最好的办法就是 到后面去亲自看一眼 |
[28:28] | – You have to get ready, too. – In a sec. | – 你也要做准备了 – 马上 |
[28:30] | If I’m doing this, you’re doing this. I mean it. | 如果我要做模特 你也得跟着做 我是认真的 |
[28:34] | – You fixed it. – Yep. For the time being. | – 你弄好了 – 是 目前为止 (- 是 暂时的) |
[28:37] | But I’m gonna stick around to make sure nothing happens. | 但是我要四处检查一下 确保不会有什么事故发生 |
[28:40] | – Okay. – What? | – 好吧 – 什么意思? |
[28:42] | – Don’t want me to? – I didn’t say that. | – 你不想让我在这儿呆着? – 我没说 |
[28:43] | – Any reason I shouldn’t? – It’s fine. | – 有什么原因让我不该到处查看吗? – 你有没有在听? 我说没问题 |
[28:46] | Because I’m just doing this for you. | 因为我只是为你做这件事的 |
[28:47] | If this thing goes and someone breaks their neck… | 如果这个出错了 会有人摔断脖子… |
[28:50] | – Luke, stick around. – All right, if you insist. | – Luke 去四处查看吧 – 好吧 如果你坚持的话 |
[28:57] | – Hey. Why aren’t you dressed yet? – I was waiting for you. | – 嘿 为什么你还没穿好服装? – 我在等你 |
[29:01] | Oh, my God. You’re a paranoid woman. | 哦 我的上帝 你是个有偏执狂的女人 |
[29:03] | – I’m Emily Gilmore. – Okay, here you go. | – 我是Emily Gilmore – 好吧 你说了算 |
[29:07] | – Where’s Lorelai Gilmore? – Right here. | – Lorelai Gilmore在哪里? – 这儿 |
[29:10] | – You two are together. – What? | – 你俩要一起上台 – 什么? |
[29:13] | – You’re the mother-daughter team. – No, I’m… | – 你们是母女档 – 不是 我是… |
[29:15] | I have outfits for one mother-daughter team. | 我有母女档的衣服 |
[29:18] | Your names are on the outfits. You’re it. | 衣服上有你的名字 就是你的 |
[29:22] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[29:24] | I want to welcome you here… | 欢迎你们的到来 |
[29:25] | to the Chilton Booster Club’s Annual Fall Festival Fundraiser… | Chilton后援会一年一度的秋季筹款会演 |
[29:29] | where all proceeds from the evening go directly into the refurbishing… | 今晚所有的收益都将直接用于翻新… |
[29:32] | of the Chilton auditorium. | Chilton礼堂 |
[29:37] | But enough about the kids. Tonight is about us. | 孩子们的事情已经说的够多的了 今晚是我们的 |
[29:40] | Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen… | 不说废话了 女士们 先生们 |
[29:42] | Saks presents a fabulous fall fashion extravaganza. | Saks将为大家献上一场 神话般的秋季时装狂想曲 |
[30:57] | Well, I must say this was definitely better than the salsa band. | 我觉得这绝对比salsa乐队强多了 |
[31:01] | The people loved it. Did you hear them? | 大家都喜欢 你听到他们说了吗? |
[31:02] | – God, who picked that music? – That’d be me. | – 天 那音乐谁选的? – 是我 |
[31:05] | – The whole thing was terrific. – Thank you. | – 所有的事情都做的非常好 – 谢谢 |
[31:08] | And hiring that actor to play a horrible, rude, annoying Frenchman… | 还有雇那个演员演一个 可怕的 粗鲁的 讨厌的法国人 |
[31:12] | – What a riot. – Yeah, I thought that’d be fun. | – 真是次狂欢呐 – 对 我想应该很有趣 |
[31:14] | If you’d plan all these things, we wouldn’t have any more stupid meetings. | 如果你早就安排好这些东西 我们就不用开那么多愚蠢的会了 |
[31:18] | Don’t you want to see how long it takes for Aubrey to finally learn that kid’s name? | 你知道Aubrey花了多久 才学会那孩子的名字吗? |
[31:22] | Yeah, you’re right. Okay, I’ll see you at the next meeting. | 对 没错 好了 我们下次开会再见 |
[31:26] | Great job. Really, it’s the best event we’ve ever had. | 做的很棒 真的 这是我们有过的最好的活动。 |
[31:29] | – Thanks, Ginger. Bye, Mena. – Bye-bye. | – 谢谢 Giner 再见 Mena – 再见 |
[31:35] | – What are you looking so ‘ha-ha’ about? – I’m not looking ‘ha-ha. ‘ | – 你怎么看起来这么得意? – 我没有 |
[31:38] | – Yes, you are. – All right, whatever you say. | – 不 你就是 – 好好好 随便你怎么说 |
[31:41] | Come on, Mom. Fess up. | 好了 妈妈 坦白说吧 |
[31:43] | – Big success tonight. – Seemed to be. | – 今晚非常成功 – 看起来是 |
[31:46] | The ladies were thrilled. They adore you. | 女士们都很激动 她们很喜欢你 |
[31:49] | Yes, well, that’s because I’m adorable. | 对 因为我很可爱 |
[31:51] | – Funny, isn’t it? – What’s funny? | – 很有趣 对吗? – 什么有趣? |
[31:54] | How nicely you seem to be fitting into the world that you ran away from. | 你能非常适应这个你曾想躲避的世界 很有趣 |
[32:00] | Good night, Lorelai. Congratulations. | 晚安Lorelai 恭喜你 |
[32:21] | – Is that you? – Nope. | – 那是你吗? – 不 |
[32:23] | – How was it? – Fine. | – 怎么样? – 很好 |
[32:26] | It ran smoothly, and the food was amazing. | 进行的很顺利 食物也很好吃 |
[32:28] | – Michel only made three people cry. – How was the fashion show? | – Michel只让弄哭了3个人 – 时装秀怎么样 |
[32:32] | I walked up and down the ramp, looked pouty and sexy… | 我在舞台上走上走下 看起来生气又性感 |
[32:35] | and now I’m ready for rehab. | 现在我就准备回到原来的生活了 |
[32:36] | – I brought you some Booster cake. – Put it in the fridge, please. | – 我给你带了后援会的蛋糕 – 请把它放进冰箱 |
[32:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:41] | – How’s Grandma? – Good. | – 外婆怎么样? – 不错 |
[32:43] | I assume that’s your piece of cake and mine is safe in the fridge. | 我想那块蛋糕是你的 我的应该还好好的放在冰箱 |
[32:46] | You’re cute. | 真聪明 |
[32:48] | – So, what’d you wear? – Look at the time. I’m going to bed. | – 那么 你穿的什么衣服? – 看看时间 我要睡觉了 |
[32:51] | – Nobody took a picture of you? – No. Can you believe that? | – 没有人给你拍照吗? – 没有 你相信吗? |
[32:54] | – You’re holding on tightly to that purse. – I really love this purse. | – 你一直紧紧抓着那个包 – 我真的很喜欢它 |
[32:57] | You have pictures in there. | 你的照片在里面 |
[32:59] | – You calling your mother a liar? – Yes, I am. | – 你是说你妈妈是骗子? – 对 |
[33:01] | That’s why I ate your cake. | 所以我吃了你的蛋糕 |
[33:07] | – Oh, my God! – Be nice. | – 哦 天哪 – 说点好听的 |
[33:09] | – You look like Nancy Reagan. – Now, how is that nice? | – 你看起来像Nancy Reagan – 现在 有那么好吗? |
[33:12] | I don’t believe this. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[33:13] | You look so completely different. Elegant, understated. | 你看起来完全不一样了 端庄 简约 |
[33:17] | I was wearing underwear with propellers if that makes you feel better. | 我当时穿着带推进器的内裤 如果这能让你感觉更好 |
[33:20] | – I’m going to bed. – I’ll send the Secret Service up. | – 我要睡觉了 – 我要派情报局的人来 |
[33:24] | By the way, I would put on your good pajamas… | 顺便说一句 我会给你穿上你那件可爱的睡衣 |
[33:27] | the cute ones with the cakes on them, and brush your hair… | 就是上面有蛋糕的那件 然后给你梳头 |
[33:30] | – and put on a little lip gloss. – Why? | – 再给你擦一点润唇膏 – 为什么? |
[33:33] | – You’re being kidnapped tonight. – Excuse me? | – 你今晚会被绑架 – 什么? |
[33:37] | – I got a call today from Francie. – What? | – 我今天接到Francie的电话 – 什么? |
[33:40] | She said she and her friends would come in while you’re sleeping… | 她说她和朋友趁你睡觉时会进来 |
[33:43] | wake you up, kidnap you, and take you out to breakfast in your pajamas. | 把你叫醒 绑架你 带着你穿着睡衣出去吃早饭 |
[33:47] | Why would they do that? | 她们干嘛那么做? |
[33:48] | – Apparently, it’s fun. – That doesn’t sound fun. | – 显然 很好玩 – 听起来一点都不好玩 |
[33:51] | Told me to leave the key under the mat and money on the table. | 叫我把钥匙放在垫子下 钱放在桌上 |
[33:54] | And you said yes to this insanity? | 你答应她们这个疯狂的要求? |
[33:56] | I told you not to become a soc, but you didn’t listen. | 我告诉你不要当社会党人的 但是你不听 |
[33:58] | I can’t believe you’d let some strange girls come traipsing in… | 我不相信你居然让一些陌生女生 在深更半夜随便进来 |
[34:02] | and take away your only child, your precious baby girl… | 带走你唯一的孩子 你珍爱的小女孩 |
[34:05] | off to God knows where in the middle of the night. | 去一个不知名的鬼地方 |
[34:07] | If it’s someplace with doughnuts, bring me one, okay? | 如果那地方有甜甜圈 给我带一个 好吗? |
[34:11] | – Hey! – Christmas cards. | – 嘿! – 圣诞卡 |
[34:13] | More like your grandmother every day. | 越来越像你外婆了 |
[34:22] | – Mom, my kidnappers are here. – Okay, have fun. | – 妈妈 我的绑架者们来了 – 好的 玩的开心 |
[34:39] | – Get the light. – I can’t find it. | – 开灯 – 我找不到 |
[34:44] | Surprise! | 惊喜! |
[34:45] | – What’s going on? – Rise and shine. | – 怎么了? – 太阳晒屁股了 |
[34:48] | You can grab shoes but no socks. | 你可以穿鞋子 但不准穿袜子 |
[34:50] | Wow, this is totally unexpected. I’m completely surprised. | 真的没想到 我真是太惊讶了 |
[34:53] | You looked it. | 看的出来 |
[34:54] | Okay, let’s move. We still got a couple more girls to get. | 好了 我们走吧 还要叫几个女孩 |
[35:02] | So, that’s how you look when you’ve just woken up? | 你起床的时候就是这个样子? |
[35:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[35:09] | Nothing in my life is fair. | 我的生活中没有一样是公平的 |
[35:15] | Okay, a little further. | 好 再往前走一点 |
[35:20] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:25] | Okay, that’s far enough. | 好了 到了 |
[35:27] | Ladies, here on this spot, tonight in this place… | 女士们 今晚在这里 |
[35:31] | where so many others have come before you… | 在你们之前已经来过很多人 |
[35:33] | – we invite you to join us. – Ladies, remove your blindfolds. | – 我们邀请你们加入我们的组织 – 女士们 摘下你们的眼罩 |
[35:39] | – We’re at Chilton. – Keys, please. | – 我们在Chilton – 请拿出钥匙 |
[35:42] | – What are we doing at Chilton? – Be quiet. We’re being Puffed. | – 我们在Chilton做什么? – 安静点 我们要成为Puff一员了 |
[35:45] | What you’re about to do and say will remain forever… | 你们的言行将永远保留在… |
[35:48] | between the members of the Puffs, and only the members of the Puffs. | Puff成员之间 而且只有Puff成员 |
[35:58] | This is the headmaster’s office. How did she get the keys? | 这是校长办公室 她怎么拿到钥匙的? |
[36:00] | I’m sure he didn’t give them to her. | 我确定不是他给她的 |
[36:02] | Stop it. We are making very important social contacts here. | 闭嘴 我们是来做非常重要的社会关系的 |
[36:05] | I’m not looking for social contacts. I have friends. I’m fine. | 我不是在找社会关系 我有朋友 我很好 |
[36:09] | How nice it must be to be you. Maybe someday I’ll stumble into a Disney movie… | 成为你这样的人该多好啊 也许有天我会有机会拍Disney电影 |
[36:13] | and be transported into your body. | 再借用你的身体 |
[36:14] | After living there awhile, I’ll realize the beauty of myself. | 在那住一段时间后 我会发现我的美丽所在 |
[36:17] | But until that moment, I’m going to go in there and become a Puff. | 不过在那之前 我会进去并成为Puff一员 |
[36:21] | Now get out of my way. | 现在走开 |
[36:41] | The historical bell of Chilton, 120 years old. | Chilton有120年历史的钟 |
[36:44] | Every member of the Puffs has stood here, under the cover of night… | 每一个Puff成员都要站在这 在夜幕中 |
[36:48] | to pledge her lifelong devotion to us. | 发誓终生效忠我们 |
[36:51] | I pledge myself to the Puffs. Loyal I will always be. | 我向Puff发誓 将永远效忠于它 |
[36:55] | A ‘P’ to start, two ‘F’s’ at the end… | 一个P开头 两个F结尾 |
[36:58] | and a ‘U’ sitting in between. | 一个U在中间 |
[37:01] | Anne Sexton, right? | Anne Sexton的诗对吗? [注:Anne Sexton(1928 – 1974)美国著名女诗人] |
[37:02] | Once you’ve finished your oath, you will ring the bell three times. | 等你宣誓完 就鸣钟3次 |
[37:06] | – Rory? – Yeah? | – Rory? – 嗯? |
[37:07] | You first. | 你先来 |
[37:16] | – I pledge myself to the Puffs. – You have to hold the candle. | – 我向Puff发誓 – 你得拿着蜡烛 |
[37:22] | I pledge myself to the Puffs. Loyal I’ll always be. | 我向Puff发誓 将永远效忠于它 |
[37:26] | Sing out, Louise. | 大声点 Louise |
[37:27] | A ‘P’ to start, two ‘F’s’ at the end, and a ‘U’ sitting in between. | 一个P开头 两个F结尾 一个U在中间 |
[37:32] | I wouldn’t do that again, Ms. Gilmore. | 我不会再做第二次了 Gilmore小姐 |
[37:38] | Disappointment, disillusionment, frustration, astonishment. | 失望 幻灭 挫败 惊讶 |
[37:42] | I suppose you could say I am experiencing all of these emotions. | 我想我正在同时感受这些情绪 |
[37:45] | Finding some of Chilton’s best and brightest… | 发现Chilton一些最好和最聪明的学生 |
[37:47] | acting in such a destructive, immoral, and illegal manner… | 做出如此破坏性的 不道德的 还有非法的事情… |
[37:50] | will make all of us think long and hard… | 这让我们所有人深思 |
[37:52] | about the manner in which we’re educating you. | 我们教育你们的方法 |
[37:54] | But that is all in the future. How do we handle this now? | 但这都是后话 我们现在怎么处理这件事呢? |
[37:58] | Well, suspension will be considered. | 我们会考虑停学的 |
[38:01] | Detention and extra credit to maintain your current GPA standing… | 紧闭和额外罚款是为了 维持你们目前的成绩点 |
[38:05] | – will be a given. – This is unbelievable. | – 可以不受影响 – 简直不可思议 |
[38:07] | – What was that, Ms. Gilmore? – Nothing. | – 你说什么 Gilmore小姐 – 没什么 |
[38:09] | I heard you mumbling something in a rather disgruntled tone. | 我听到你在用不满的语调咕哝什么 |
[38:12] | – I’d like to know what it was. – I said, ‘This is unbelievable. ‘ | – 我想知道你在说什么 – 我说:”简直不可思议” |
[38:16] | And why is this unbelievable? | 那么为什么不可思议? |
[38:18] | I didn’t even want to be here in the first place. | 我一开始就不想来这里 |
[38:20] | Now, Ms. Gilmore… | 现在 Gilmore小姐 |
[38:21] | Things were going fine. My grades were good. | 所有事情都在朝好的方向发展 我的成绩也很好 |
[38:23] | I joined the paper. My routine was down. | 我参加了报社 我的日常程序也乱了 |
[38:25] | – Your routine was… – I have friends. I have a steady boyfriend. | – 你的日常程序是… – 我有朋友 我有一个稳定的男友 |
[38:29] | My mother and I are freakishly linked. | 我的母女关系非常好 |
[38:30] | Lane and I are best friends since kindergarten. | 我和Lane在幼儿园就是最好的朋友 |
[38:32] | But you don’t see it ’cause I don’t live here. | 但是你没看到 因为你没有生活在我的世界里 |
[38:34] | If you don’t see it, then it mustn’t be true. | 如果你没看到 那么就一定不是真的 |
[38:36] | You call me to lecture me because I’d rather read… | 你打电话来教训我 因为我情愿读书 |
[38:39] | than discuss the euthanasia of homecoming. | 而不是讨论返校节的安乐死 |
[38:41] | Your reading… | 你的读书… |
[38:42] | You told me and my mom I needed to socialize. If I didn’t… | 你告诉我和我妈妈 我要多参加社会活动 如果我不这样 |
[38:45] | it would be frowned upon and hurt me getting into Harvard. | 会影响我进哈佛 |
[38:48] | – Yes, we did say that. – So I did it. | – 是的 我们是这么说的 – 所以我照样做了 |
[38:50] | – I sat down at a table, a random table. – Random? | – 我选了一个桌子 随便挑选了一个桌子 – 随机的? |
[38:53] | The next thing I know, I’m being pulled out of my bed at midnight and I’m blindfolded. | 然后我被告知我将被在半夜从床上拉出来 并被蒙着眼 |
[38:57] | Before I know it, I end up here with the Ya-Ya Sisterhood… | 在我明白一切之前 我就和Ya-Ya姐妹到了这里 |
[39:01] | reciting poetry and lighting candles. | 背诵诗歌 举着蜡烛 |
[39:03] | Now I’m gonna be suspended because I was trying to do what you told me? | 现在因为我按照你教我的话做了 我就要被停学? |
[39:07] | What’s fair about that? | 这公平吗? |
[39:08] | Headmaster Charleston, the parents are starting to arrive. | Charleston校长 家长们陆续来了 |
[39:10] | Thank you, Mrs. Traiger. | 谢谢 Traiger太太 |
[39:12] | We’ll continue this conversation tomorrow and for many days after that. | 我们明天以及接下来几天会继续这个谈话 |
[39:16] | You may go. Ms. Gilmore. | 你们可以走了 Gilmore小姐 |
[39:19] | I think that maybe you and I should talk some more. | 我想也许我们应该多聊聊 |
[39:22] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[39:23] | About the fact that though I do feel it is important that students socialize… | 讨论关于我确实认为 学生参加社会活动是很重要的 |
[39:29] | possibly we may have been a little hasty to judge in your case. | 可能我们在评判你的事情上有点草率 |
[39:33] | Really? So does that mean that you might reconsider my suspension? | 真的? 你是说你会重新考虑我的停学问题? |
[39:37] | You’re an excellent student. You deserve to go to Harvard. | 你是一名优秀的学生 你应该去哈佛 |
[39:40] | I wouldn’t want to stand in the way of that. | 我并不想阻拦你 |
[39:42] | – We’ll talk tomorrow. – Thank you. | – 我们明天再聊 – 谢谢 |
[39:55] | What happened? The reception on the phone sucked. | 怎么了? 接线员很讨人厌 |
[39:57] | All I heard was ‘Rory,’ ‘Chilton,’ and ‘Get down here. ‘ | 我就听到”Rory” “Chilton” 还有”过来” |
[40:00] | Who’s butt do I have to kick? | 我该踢谁的屁股? |
[40:01] | – We didn’t go to breakfast. – What’s this about? | – 我们没有去吃早餐 – 发生什么事了 |
[40:03] | We came here, broke into the headmaster’s office as the big initiation. | 我们到这里来 以闯入校长办公室作为入会仪式 |
[40:07] | – Those stupid girls. – Part of the initiation was ringing a bell. | – 那些笨女孩 – 入会仪式的一部分是要敲钟 |
[40:10] | That’s what I was doing when security came. They called you. | 警卫过来时我正在敲钟 然后他们就打电话给你了 |
[40:13] | You got busted for ringing a bell? | 你因为鸣钟被抓? |
[40:15] | – That’s it? Bell ringing? – Yes. | – 就这样? 敲钟? – 是的 |
[40:17] | – Were you at least smoking a Cuban cigar? – Mom. | – 你都没有抽古巴雪茄? – 妈 |
[40:20] | No. I mean, ‘Bad girl. | 不 我的意思是 “坏女孩” |
[40:21] | ‘How many times have I said not to ring bells? | 我跟你说过多少次不要敲钟? |
[40:24] | ‘They can dent or scratch, and they make dogs crazy. | 它们会被弄凹或擦伤 声音会把狗弄疯 |
[40:26] | ‘Think you’re the Hunchback of Notre Dame? | 你以为你是巴黎圣母院的驼背敲钟人? |
[40:28] | – ‘Are you French? Circular? No. ‘ – I’m walking to the car now. | – 你是法国人? 上通告? 都不是 – 我到车那边 |
[40:31] | Hold on. How much trouble are you in? Should I go talk to the headmaster? | 等下 你到底惹了多少麻烦? 我该去和校长谈谈吗? |
[40:35] | – No, I think it’s gonna be okay. – Okay. | – 不要 我会没事的 – 好 |
[40:42] | Was it a big bell at least? | 那至少还是口大钟吧? |
[40:49] | – Good party yesterday. – Yeah, not bad. | – 昨天的活动非常好 – 是啊 不错 |
[40:53] | Yeah, I liked the new look. | 对 我喜欢那新外表 |
[40:55] | – It was very high-class substitute teacher. – Exactly what I was going for. | – 那是非常高级的代课老师 – 就是我想要表现的 |
[40:58] | – Coffee? – To go. | – 咖啡? – 要外卖的 |
[41:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:04] | Luke, I feel a little weird even mentioning this to you. | Luke 我觉得跟你说这些有点怪 |
[41:08] | – What? – Yesterday, I saw you talking to Eva. | – 什么? – 昨天 我看见你和Eva聊天 |
[41:11] | – She’s in my Booster Club. – Yeah, I know who she is. | – 她在我的后援会里 – 是的 我知道她是谁 |
[41:14] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[41:15] | So anyhow, I saw you guys talking alone, and it seemed kind of private. | 总之 我看见你们在单独聊天 而且看起来很私密 |
[41:18] | And she mentioned earlier that you didn’t make her, you know, gag. | 之前她说过你不让她反感 |
[41:22] | So I just figured you guys were making plans to hang out. | 所以我想你们在制定约会计划 |
[41:25] | And, see, the thing is, I just think it would be a little weird… | 是这样的 我只是觉得那会有点奇怪 |
[41:29] | if you started dating a Chilton mom. | 如果你和一位Chilton妈妈约会 |
[41:32] | Look, I know I have no right to say anything to you, but it’s just… | 我知道我没有权利要求你 但只是… |
[41:35] | If you did date her… | 如果你真的约了她 |
[41:36] | I’m in the Booster Club with her, which means I’ll hear things. | 我和她都在后援会 那意味着我会听到很多事 |
[41:39] | I don’t know, it’s just… | 我不知道会怎样 但… |
[41:41] | I’d like to keep that Chilton life separate from my Stars Hollow life. | 我希望Chilton的生活可以 和Stars Hollow的生活分开 |
[41:45] | So if there’s any way that you could not date her… | 所以如果你可以不和她约会 |
[41:48] | that would be really great. | 可能会更好 |
[41:51] | – Boy, I tell you, you’ve got nerve. – Okay. | – 好家伙 我告诉你 你想太多了 – 好 |
[41:54] | – I know this is your private business. – It is my private business. | – 我知道这是你的私事 – 这的确是我的私事 |
[41:57] | You don’t see any validity to my side? | 你一点都不赞同我? |
[41:59] | I’m a grown man. You can’t tell me who to date. | 我是成人了 你不能教我该和谁约会 |
[42:02] | I’m not telling you who to date, but who not to date. | 我不是教你该和谁约会 而是不要和谁约会 |
[42:04] | You can’t tell me that either. | 你也不用教我这个 |
[42:05] | I will date who I like, and if that screws with your plans, then sorry. | 我想和谁约会就和谁约 如果那样打扰到你 那么很抱歉 |
[42:09] | If you don’t wanna hear things, don’t listen. | 如果你不想听到什么事 就不要听 |
[42:11] | If you don’t like it, just deal with it. | 如果你不喜欢 就自己处理 |
[42:13] | – Okay, I’ll just deal with it. – Good. | – 好的 我会处理 – 很好 |
[42:15] | I just thought if something was going to affect our friendship… | 我只是想如果有什么事发生 会影响我们的友谊的话… |
[42:18] | that you might care about that. | 你应该提起注意的 |
[42:20] | Because if the situation was reversed, then I would care. But, hey, that’s me. | 因为如果情境换过来 我会注意的 但是 嘿 那是我啊 |
[42:24] | So go ahead. Date her, marry her. | 随你吧 和她约会 娶她 |
[42:26] | Make her Mrs. Backwards Baseball Cap. | 让她成为反戴棒球帽太太 |
[42:29] | Live happily ever after. See if I care. | 以后幸福的生活 看我在意不在意 |
[42:33] | And by the way, I wasn’t asking her out. | 顺便说句 我没约她出去 |
[42:35] | I was giving her directions for the quickest way to Hartford. | 我只是告诉她去Hartford最快的路 |
[42:38] | It was very romantic. | 真浪漫 |
[42:39] | I said, ‘You take a right at Deerfield and catch the I-5 and take it south. ‘ | 我说 “到了Deerfield右转 至1-5公路 然后朝南走 |
[42:43] | Oh, man, hot stuff. | 哦 伙计 奇才 |
[42:46] | – That is so typical of you. – What? | – 你就是那样 – 什么? |
[42:49] | That is not the quickest way back to Hartford. | 那不是去Hartford最快的路 |
[42:52] | Everybody knows you take Maine to Cherry to Linwood… | 人人都知道你从Maine 到Cherry然后去Linwood |
[42:55] | and then grab the I-11. Everybody knows that, Luke. | 然后到1-11公路 大家都知道 luke |
[42:57] | Everybody, apparently, but you. | 所有人 显然 除了你 |
[43:26] | – Do you mind? – No. | – 你介意吗? – 不 |
[43:30] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[44:20] | English |