时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Hi. – Good evening. | – 你好 – 晚上好 |
[00:06] | – May I take your coats? – Oh, sure, thanks. | – 我帮您拿衣服 – 好的 谢谢 |
[00:07] | That’s the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. | 这简直太荒唐了 |
[00:10] | Your mother’s in the living room. | 您母亲在客厅 |
[00:11] | So last chance to run, huh? | 这是最后能逃跑的机会 是吗? |
[00:12] | Excuse me? | 不好意思? |
[00:13] | Just ignore her. | 别理她 |
[00:17] | Of course I said it. | 我当然说过 |
[00:18] | I can’t imagine who would take jackbooted as a compliment. | 我不知道有谁会把跺脚当作致意的 |
[00:22] | I will not apologize. Every time she went to the pantry, | 我才不会道歉呢 每次她去餐具室 |
[00:25] | I thought she was marching on Poland. | 我都觉得她要进军波兰了 |
[00:27] | Oh, I see, because I want things a certain way, I’m unreasonable? | 明白了 我讲究条理 就变成不切实际了 |
[00:32] | Why, that is the most absurd… | 为什么 这真是太荒唐了 |
[00:33] | I want to see this document. Fax it to me immediately. | 我要看这份诉状 立刻给我传真过来 |
[00:36] | Fax it to me immediately? | 立刻传真过来? |
[00:37] | She’s part of the electronic age. | 她是电子时代的一员 |
[00:39] | Tomorrow morning is completely unacceptable. | 明天早上绝对不行 |
[00:42] | It’s unacceptable because I’m paying you three hundred dollars an hour. | 因为我付你一小时300美元 |
[00:45] | So turn that little near-luxury car around, go back to your office, | 所以把你那辆看上去挺贵的小车调头 回你的办公室去… |
[00:48] | and fax me that libelous scrap of paper. | 把那张写满诽谤的废纸传真给我 |
[00:50] | Ask him if he can pick up some ice cream, too. | 问他能不能顺便带点冰淇淋来 |
[00:51] | Tell your wife to tape your daughter’s recital. | 让你妻子把你女儿的演奏录下来吧 |
[00:55] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[00:56] | – Hi Mom. – Hi Grandma. | – 妈 你好 – 嗨 外婆 |
[00:57] | When did you two get here? | 你们什么时候到的? |
[00:58] | Sometime between the second absurd and the third unbelievable. | 应该是在第二个”荒唐” 和第三个”难以置信”之间 |
[01:01] | I apologize. That call caught me off guard. | 对不起 那个电话让我措手不及 |
[01:04] | Is everything all right, Grandma? | 没事吧 外婆? |
[01:05] | – Everything’s fine. – Are you sure? | – 没事 – 真的? |
[01:07] | – I’m sure. – You look peeved. | – 是啊 – 你看上去很气呢 |
[01:08] | – I’m not peeved. – You look peeved. | – 我没生气 – 你就是在生气 |
[01:10] | Kindly stop making me say the word peeved. | 好了 别再让我说”生气”这个词了 |
[01:13] | Mom, spill it. What’s wrong? | 妈 快说吧 怎么了? |
[01:15] | That was our lawyer calling to inform me | 刚才是我们的律师打来的 |
[01:17] | that one of our former maids is suing for wrongful termination. | 我们家以前的某个女佣 正在打官司告我们违约解雇 |
[01:22] | You might at least act surprised. | 你至少装的惊讶点吧 |
[01:24] | It’s not the first time, is it? | 这不是第一次了吧? |
[01:25] | – It most certainly is. – Really? | – 当然是第一次 – 真的? |
[01:27] | Yes, Lorelai, really. | 是的 Lorelai 是真的 |
[01:28] | Well, then, I’m surprised. | 如果是这样 我很吃惊 |
[01:29] | It’s beyond surprising, it’s outrageous. | 我已经出离惊讶了 我太气愤了 |
[01:31] | What did Grandpa say? | 外公怎么说? |
[01:32] | Your Grandfather’s still in London | 你外公还在伦敦 |
[01:34] | helping his mother close down her house. | 帮他母亲卖掉那里的房子 |
[01:35] | Of course he’d be gone when this happens. | 他一走就发生这些麻烦事 |
[01:36] | I think he planned it that way. | 我觉得这是他计划好的 |
[01:38] | Which maid was it? | 是哪个女佣在打官司? |
[01:39] | Gerta, the one from Hamburg, Germany. | Gerta 汉堡来的 德国人 |
[01:41] | Which one was she? | 她是谁? |
[01:42] | You remember – she was the one | 你知道的 她就是 |
[01:43] | you made all those Hamburg/hamburger jokes to. | 你拿来开”汉堡/汉堡包”玩笑的那个 |
[01:46] | – God, I beat that dead horse. – With glee. | – 天哪 我真有这么说? – 非常愉悦地 |
[01:47] | – She was the clomper. – The clomper? | – 她就是那个”铁脚” – 铁脚? |
[01:49] | She’d be upstairs making the beds | 她上楼铺床 |
[01:50] | and it’d sound like a Munich beer hall rally. | 听上去就像慕尼黑啤酒馆暴动又重演了 |
[01:52] | – That’s why you fired her? – Yes. | – 你为这个解雇她? – 是的 |
[01:54] | – Because she made noise when she walked? – Yes. | – 因为她走路发出声响? – 是的 |
[01:56] | – Was she a good maid otherwise? – What? | – 除了这点 其他方面她都合格吗? – 什么? |
[01:58] | Besides the clomping, was she polite, | 除了走路太大声 她是否有礼貌 |
[02:00] | on time, made sure the little fork went on the outside? | 守时 确保叉子总是按次序排列? |
[02:03] | Have you been listening to me? | 你有没有在听我说话? |
[02:04] | She was not performing her duties as I wished them to be performed. | 她没有按我期望的那样履行她的职责 |
[02:07] | Everything else is beside the point. | 即使其他都不错 但至少这点没做到 |
[02:09] | I guess it’s always something, isn’t it? | 我想 不论怎么做 总有让你不满意的地方 是吗? |
[02:10] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思? |
[02:11] | It means you always seem to find the one thing | 意思是你总能挑出那么一点不足 |
[02:13] | about a maid that negates all of her good qualities. | 以此否定一个女佣的其他优点 |
[02:14] | I mean, at a certain point, isn’t it just easier to let a couple things slide? | 我是说 有时忽略掉一些小瑕疵 难道不会让事情更容易掌控吗? |
[02:18] | – I see. So it’s my fault? – I didn’t say that. | – 我懂了 是我的错 – 我不是这意思 |
[02:20] | No, Lorelai, you did. | 不 Lorelai 你就是这意思 |
[02:21] | For years, I’ve been listening to you and your father | 这么多年来 我总是在听你和你爸 |
[02:23] | and everyone else go on and on about how demanding I am, | 还有其他人 不断地指责我过于严厉 |
[02:26] | how I have to have things a certain way. | 苛求完美 |
[02:28] | Well, guess what? I pay to have them that way. | 是啊 我就是要花钱 让人按我的标准办 |
[02:30] | I pay more than anyone else pays their maids, | 我比别人出更高的价钱雇人 |
[02:32] | and when things are not the way I want, that means I’m not getting what I paid for. | 一旦达不到我的要求 那就是物非所值 |
[02:35] | Why is that so hard to understand? | 为什么就这么难理解呢? |
[02:37] | It isn’t hard to understand, it’s just… | 这并不难理解 只是… |
[02:38] | If you pay for first class and the airline sticks you in coach, | 就好比你付了头等舱一流服务的钱 航空公司却让你觉得像坐长途汽车 |
[02:41] | people expect you to be upset. | 你就有理由感到不满 |
[02:42] | No one calls you demanding or unreasonable. | 没人会指责你过于苛刻 不切实际 |
[02:45] | And yet here is this woman whom I pay more than she can get anywhere else in Hartford, | 现在的情况是 我付给这个女人全Hartford最高的… |
[02:49] | whose severance package could finance a summer cruise down the Rhine, | 解雇费 钱多的能让她去莱茵河度个假了 |
[02:52] | dragging me into court saying that I was unfair. | 她却把我告上法庭 说我不公 |
[02:55] | Why? Because having paid for one thing, | 有什么道理?就因为我付钱 想满足自己的小小要求… |
[02:57] | I’m not content with something else? That makes me unfair? | 不满意她的小缺点 我就变成不公平啦? |
[03:00] | Well, then, so be it. Let someone else pay first class and ride in steerage, not me. | 那随便 别人愿意付头等舱的钱 享受三等舱的待遇 我可不愿意 |
[03:04] | Excuse me, Mrs. Gilmore, dinner’s ready | 打扰 Gilmore夫人 晚餐准备好了 |
[03:06] | Thank you, Brooke, we’ll be right there. | 谢谢 Brooke 我们就去 |
[03:09] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[03:11] | Do you hear that? | 你听到没? |
[03:12] | – Hear what? – Exactly. | – 听到什么? – 就是要这样 |
[04:13] | You know, next time I want some grapefruit, | 下次如果我再要葡萄柚 |
[04:14] | I’m just gonna ask for a kazoo | 那我就说我要一只卡祖笛 |
[04:16] | because you can only seem to get me the most bizarre opposite. | 因为你只能给我送来 牛头不对马嘴的货物 |
[04:18] | What is your problem? | 你怎么回事? |
[04:19] | I need you to… What? | 我要你…什么? |
[04:21] | Oh, it started. You were supposed to call me. | 噢 已经开吵了 你该早叫上我嘛 |
[04:24] | Stop talking. | 别说话 |
[04:25] | I understand perfectly. You wanna be a dictator. | 我清楚得很 你想成为独裁者 |
[04:27] | Oh, come off it. | 噢 别扯了 |
[04:28] | Commandant St. James says, “Brussels sprouts! | 圣詹姆士上校说: “抱子甘蓝!(十字花科蔬菜) |
[04:31] | You will bring me the Brussels sprouts.” | 快给我抱子甘蓝!” |
[04:32] | I’m trying to plan a menu here, Jackson! | 我在设计一个新菜单 Jackson! |
[04:35] | Fill me in, please. | 快跟我讲讲 |
[04:36] | Jackson brought pea tendrils instead of Brussels sprouts. | Jackson 拿来的是豌豆藤 而不是抱子甘蓝 |
[04:39] | Aren’t we Evil Knievel? | 我们是不是太坏了? |
[04:41] | – Coffee? – Oh, please. | – 要咖啡吗? – 噢 谢谢 |
[04:42] | Pea tendrils are too delicate to serve with the lamb shank! | 豌豆藤跟羊腿太不搭了 |
[04:44] | I don’t think that they are. | 我没觉得它们不搭 |
[04:45] | Where are the Brussels sprouts? | 抱子甘蓝在哪里? |
[04:47] | I looked at the stalks, they weren’t good enough. | 我检查了下茎叶 它们还没成熟呢 |
[04:49] | You always do this to me. | 你总是这样 |
[04:51] | Doesn’t it matter that I care so much about the quality of the produce | 我考虑质量优先有什么错 |
[04:53] | that I sell you that I’d be willing to risk an enormous argument | 我情愿冒险和你大吵一架 |
[04:56] | – just to save your dinner. – What? | – 也要挽救你的晚餐 – 什么? |
[04:58] | – Oops, that was dumb. – Save my dinner? | – 噢 这下完了 – 挽救我的晚餐? |
[05:00] | You know what I meant. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[05:01] | Yes, my dinner is out standing on a ledge. | 是 我的晚餐岌岌可危 |
[05:04] | – Oh no! What’s gonna happen? – Sookie. | – 噢不! 发生什么了? – Sookie |
[05:06] | Oh wait! What’s that? | 等等! 那是什么? |
[05:08] | It’s a bird, it’s a plane, | 是只鸟 是飞机 |
[05:09] | it’s Super Jackson and his atomic pea tendrils! | 是超人Jackson 和他的豌豆藤原子弹! |
[05:12] | You wanna get another produce guy? | 你是想换供货商吗? |
[05:14] | – Maybe I should! – Well, go ahead! | – 或许我该考虑一下! – 那好 去吧! |
[05:16] | – Don’t tempt me! – That’s it, I am leaving. | – 别激我! – 行了行了 我走 |
[05:18] | Go! And take the tendrils with you! | 走吧!带上你的豌豆藤! |
[05:20] | Fine! | 行! |
[05:22] | – See you tonight? – I love you. | – 晚上见? – 我爱你 |
[05:24] | And it always ends with a hug. | 他们吵架总是以和好收场 |
[05:27] | Okay, what do you need? | 行了 找我干吗? |
[05:28] | The new insurance policies you ordered. | 你定的新保单来了 |
[05:30] | Good. Now the inspector’s supposed to be coming by | 很好 质检人员应该明天就会 |
[05:32] | to check the place out tomorrow, so you’re gonna have to show him around. | 过来巡查 到时你带他们到处转转 |
[05:35] | What? | 什么? |
[05:36] | You’re covering for me, remember? | 你替我的班 记得吗? |
[05:37] | Oh, yes, that’s right. | 啊 是啊 对的 |
[05:38] | Tomorrow the two of you go back to school. | 明天你们俩要去学校上课 |
[05:40] | It’s not school, it’s a one-day course at the learning center. | 那不是学校 是学习中心的一日培训 |
[05:42] | How to run an inn. | 学习如何经营旅店 |
[05:44] | Yes, amazing you’ve been able to fake it so long. | 对 你能自欺欺人如此之久 真叫人吃惊 |
[05:46] | This is specific to opening small inns, bed and breakfasts. | 这是专门针对开办小旅店的课程 就是那种”住宿加早餐”式的旅馆 |
[05:49] | I see. Order half of everything. | 我明白了 差不多把什么都买了 |
[05:51] | There – you owe me seventy-five dollars. | 这就行了 你欠我75美元 |
[05:53] | Why are you being such a snob about this? | 你干吗那么看不起这个课程? |
[05:54] | You went to hotel school. | 你也上过酒管学校啊 |
[05:55] | I attended the Ecole Hôtelière de Genève. | 我上的可是Ecole Hotelière de Genève |
[05:57] | Wow, that’s gotta make one hell of a sweatshirt. | 哇 那得好好做件运动衫穿着去 |
[05:59] | It was one of the premiere hotel schools in the world. | 那是世界上数一数二的酒管学校 |
[06:01] | You two, on the other hand, are going to take a two-hour course at the Radisson. | 而你们俩要去的 只是在 雷迪森酒店开设的2小时课程班 |
[06:05] | Jackson’s taken a lot of courses through The Learning Center | Jackson在那个学习中心上过很多课 |
[06:08] | and he loves it. He took beekeeping… | 他很喜欢那儿 他上过养蜂课… |
[06:10] | Jackson keeps bees? | Jackson养蜂? |
[06:11] | No, it turned out he was allergic. | 没 后来他发现自己对蜜蜂过敏 |
[06:13] | One stung his lip and his whole head blew up to three times his normal size. | 一只蜜蜂蜇了他的嘴唇 结果他脑袋肿了三倍大 |
[06:17] | Please tell me you have pictures. | 你一定有照片 |
[06:19] | He also took a course in how to buy foreclosed real estate, | 他还学过如何买卖房地产 |
[06:21] | and how to write a diary. | 如何写日记 |
[06:22] | How do you not know how to write a diary? | 谁不会写日记? |
[06:24] | – He’s a searcher. – Yes, he is. | – 他爱钻研嘛 – 恩 他是 |
[06:26] | Plus, I think he was really lonely before we got together | 另外 我觉得我们好之前 他很寂寞 |
[06:28] | and he didn’t live near a good bar. | 而且他家附近没有象样的酒吧 |
[06:30] | Yes, well, I predict that tomorrow will be a complete waste of time and money, | 是的 我敢打赌 明天 完全是费时费钱的无用功 |
[06:33] | and I will be here to laugh at you when you return. | 我会在这儿等你们回来 看好戏的 |
[06:35] | Thanks for your support. | 多谢支持哈 |
[06:36] | Forget him. Opening our own is a huge step, | 别理他 自己开店是很重要的事 |
[06:38] | and anything that might help is worth trying. | 只要是对此有帮助的 都值得一试 |
[06:40] | Exactly partner. | 没错 好搭档 |
[06:41] | Now tell me you got pictures of Jackson and his giant head. | 你有Jackson那张猪头照吧 |
[06:44] | I’ll bring ‘em in tomorrow. | 明天带来给你看 |
[06:51] | Hey Paris. | 嘿 Paris |
[06:52] | Have you looked over the votes for commencement speaker? | 你看过毕业典礼致辞人的投票结果么? |
[06:54] | Are the ones for Princess Diana’s butler jokes or real? | 请戴妃男管家的提议 是说笑的还是认真的? |
[06:57] | I’d say jokes. | 随口乱说的吧 |
[06:58] | – What about the ones for Dr. Phil? – I think real. | – 那请菲尔医生的呢? – 那是真的 |
[07:00] | I knew that suggestion box was a bad idea. | 我就知道设立意见箱不是什么好事 |
[07:02] | Watch Choate get Joan Didion while we’re being read “Eloise at the Plaza.” | 人家Choate中学在看Joan Didion作品时 我们却还在读”小姑娘艾萝依” |
[07:05] | Listen, before the others get here, | 听着 在其他人来之前 |
[07:07] | we should probably decide what we’re going to do. | 我们该想想要怎么应付 |
[07:09] | About what? | 应付什么? |
[07:10] | About the prom coup Francie staged last week. | 关于上周Francie提出的舞会事宜 |
[07:12] | You mean booking Wadsworth Mansion? | 你是说预定Wadsworth大楼的事? |
[07:13] | Using all of the money reserved for the telescope | 那里的租金就花掉了 所有我们存下… |
[07:15] | that we wanted to buy for the senior gift. | 给毕业生买望远镜作礼物的钱 |
[07:16] | Why does one pinhead always have to vote for Jerry Garcia? | 那些没脑子的人 干嘛老投票给Jerry Garcia? |
[07:19] | I’m not sure if the deposit check has been sent yet, but… | 我不知道押金支票有没有寄出 但… |
[07:21] | – I already took care of that. – What? | – 这事我已经搞定了 – 什么? |
[07:22] | Wadsworth Mansion is owned by the Connecticut Daughters of the Mayflower. | Wadsworth大楼归康州五月花姐妹会管 |
[07:25] | Most of those biddies couldn’t negotiate an icy sidewalk much less a contract. | 那些女人对谈判根本一窍不通 |
[07:29] | Took me about five minutes on the phone to get them down to half their asking price. | 我打了五分钟的电话 就砍掉了一半的价钱 |
[07:32] | You’re kidding. | 真的假的 |
[07:33] | There was no way I was letting the class gift be a stupid tree | 我没理由用那傻乎乎的树 来代替送给毕业生的礼物 |
[07:35] | just so Ginger Spice can have her Barbie dream prom. | 让我们的姜汁辣妹 如愿开个芭比梦幻舞会 |
[07:38] | She’s a sneak. | 她是个小人 |
[07:39] | She’s not smart enough to be a sneak. | 她还没那么聪明 |
[07:40] | Anyone can call a meeting. | 谁都能召开会议 |
[07:42] | It’s that loser Mr. Hunter that let her get away with it. | 是那个没用的Hunter先生 纵容她这么干的 |
[07:44] | She kind of forced him into it. | 她差不多是逼迫他的 |
[07:46] | You can’t force a teacher into something, Rory. | 你没法强迫老师做任何事 Rory |
[07:48] | No, it was Hunter. | 对 就是Hunter纵容的 |
[07:50] | He’s been jealous of me since I got into office. | 自从我被选上主席 他就开始妒忌我了 |
[07:52] | Whenever I announce I have a new motion to introduce, he flinches. | 每当我宣布有新动议时 他就畏缩了 |
[07:55] | Actually, physically tightens up for a moment. | 事实上 他是真的在抖 |
[07:57] | – It’s creepy. – Yeah, but… | – 真是阴森 – 是啊 不过… |
[07:59] | Well, out fearless leaders at work already. | 噢 我们无畏的领袖 已经开始工作了啊 |
[08:00] | I feel so safe. | 太有安全感了 |
[08:02] | – That girl bugs me. – Relax, she’s harmless. | – 那个女人让我难受 – 别紧张 她没什么可怕的 |
[08:05] | Paris Rory Paris, Rory. | |
[08:06] | Paris, Rory. Bed wetter. | Paris Rory 尿床者 |
[08:08] | – Shall we sit? – Fine, let’s sit. | – 我们入坐吧? – 好 |
[08:12] | I call this meeting of the student council to order. | 现在开会 |
[08:17] | – Is the secretary ready? – I am. | – 书记员好了吗? – 好了 |
[08:19] | Then let’s proceed. | 那就开始吧 |
[08:20] | First of all, I’d like to apologize for missing last week’s somewhat impromptu meeting. | 首先 非常抱歉 我错过了上周的”会议” |
[08:24] | As most of you know, its scheduling was somewhat unorthodox | 大家都知道 那次开会的时间是”非正常”的 |
[08:27] | since the meeting was a supplementary meeting, | 鉴于是一次补充会议 |
[08:30] | which was a concept invented by me. | 又是我创立的先河 |
[08:32] | So the fact that anyone would hold a meeting invented | 所以事实是 任何人都有可能召开一次 |
[08:34] | by a certain person without that certain person seems, well… | 由某人发起的会议 而背着那个创始者 这有点… |
[08:38] | let’s see, what’s the word? | 我想想 是什么词儿来着? |
[08:40] | Mutinous, insulting, underhanded, | 暴动 无礼 卑鄙 |
[08:42] | and in the end, fruitless, | 结果是 毫无建树 |
[08:44] | since I managed to re-negotiate the rental fee for the Wadsworth Mansion | 因为我重新谈妥了Wadsworth大楼的租金 |
[08:47] | so that we’ll be able to have the prom | 因此我们既能开成舞会 |
[08:49] | and give the school a respectable senior gift | 又可以送给学生 一件体面的礼物 |
[08:52] | in the form of a telescope. | 那就是”望远镜” |
[08:54] | Any questions, Mr. Christian? | 还有什么问题吗 “信徒”先生? |
[08:56] | I mean, Mr. Hunter. | 我是说 Hunter先生 |
[08:58] | No. | 没有 |
[08:59] | Good. So, now that that’s out of the way, | 很好 我们已经跑题了 |
[09:01] | let’s move onto other business. | 言归正传 |
[09:03] | Francie? | Francie? |
[09:04] | As you know, Health Week is coming up. | 众所周知 健康周快到了 |
[09:06] | We have speakers lined up to discuss everything | 有很多人都准备了演讲 |
[09:08] | from heart disease and exercise to the dangers of sun damage and fried food. | 从心脏疾病及锻炼 到日晒和油炸食品的危害性 |
[09:11] | Everyone’s booked and ready to go. | 万事俱备 |
[09:13] | The only thing left to figure out is where to set up the sign-up table | 只欠东风 就是在哪里布置 |
[09:17] | for the annual blood drive. | 年度献血动员会的签到台 |
[09:18] | – Geez! – What’s the matter? | – 天哪! – 怎么了? |
[09:20] | She hates the word blood. | 她讨厌听到”血”这个词 |
[09:22] | Give me a heart attack. | 心脏病都被她吓出来了 |
[09:23] | Just keep your hands on your ears. | 把你的耳朵捂起来 |
[09:25] | Tell me when it’s over. | 说完了再喊我 |
[09:26] | As I was saying before the freak-out, | 在她”疯掉”之前我说到 |
[09:28] | we need to figure out where to place the sign up table for the blood drive. | 我们需要讨论在哪里 放置献血动员会的签到台 |
[09:31] | – I can still here her. – Hum to yourself. | – 我还是能听到 – 那就哼歌吧 |
[09:33] | Continue, please. | 继续 |
[09:34] | I am proposing putting it in the cafeteria. | 我提议设在食堂 |
[09:36] | It’s got easy access, maximum exposure, | 便捷 显眼 |
[09:38] | and almost ninety percent of the student body visits the cafeteria every day. | 90%的学生每天都去那里 |
[09:41] | It’s the perfect location. | 这是最佳地点 |
[09:42] | – Well? – No. | – 怎么样? – 不行 |
[09:43] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[09:44] | You can’t set up in the cafeteria. It’s a fire hazard. | 不能设在食堂 有火灾隐患 |
[09:46] | It is? | 有吗? |
[09:47] | Yes, it’s a fire hazard. You’ll have to find another place. | 是的 得另外找地方 |
[09:49] | – You’re kidding. – I never kid about fire safety. | – 你在开玩笑 – 我从不拿火灾开玩笑 |
[09:51] | Rory, I actually know the fire codes for the cafeteria, | Rory 我很清楚食堂的消防安全守则 |
[09:55] | and as long as we don’t cram more than three hundred people in there, | 只要那儿不挤满三百人以上 |
[09:57] | we can start an opium den and the fire department wouldn’t care. | 就算开个鸦片馆 消防部门也不会来管的 |
[09:59] | A, Francie, I think they would care, | 第一 Francie 我认为他们会管的 |
[10:01] | and B, I’m not talking about numbers. | 第二 我不是在谈人数 |
[10:03] | You set up that table, get people thinking about blood, | 你搭起台子 和大家谈论血液 |
[10:06] | someone smells smoke, and the next thing you know, | 有人闻到烟味 接下来的事就可想而知 |
[10:07] | fifty stampeding teenagers are using your body to lever open a door. | 50个惊惶失措的青少年 会拿你的身体去撞开逃生的门 |
[10:11] | I won’t allow that. | 我不会允许这样的事发生 |
[10:12] | This is Xanadu-level of insane. | 这是最不现实的疯狂想法 |
[10:13] | You do realize you’re opposing the blood drive? | 你意识到你正在反对献血动员会吗? |
[10:16] | No, I’m opposing the blood drive in the cafeteria. | 不 我只反对在食堂进行动员 |
[10:18] | Is it really that big a deal? | 有这么严重吗? |
[10:19] | It’s the rules, Paris, the rules of common decency, | 这是规矩 Paris 是正当处事的规矩 |
[10:21] | and I’ll be damned if I let Francie ignore those rules. | 如果我放任Francie藐视规矩 是要受到诅咒的 |
[10:23] | Well, okay, motion denied. | 那么 好吧 提议否决 |
[10:26] | The senior class president will come up with an alternate plan | 高三年级长需要再上报一个 |
[10:29] | for the location of the sign-up table for the blood drive. | 关于献血动员会签到台位置的提议 |
[10:31] | Now Louise, poke John Williams over there | 行了 Louise 杀手约翰威廉的故事结束了 |
[10:34] | and tell her she can cut the score, we’re moving on. | 让她别哼了 继续开会 |
[10:36] | Advertising space in the yearbook is only fifty percent sold as of right now. | 年鉴的广告现在只卖掉了50% |
[10:40] | What are we doing to do about this? | 我们怎么办? |
[10:42] | Roger, yes? | Roger 说? |
[10:50] | Dinner! | 晚餐来啦! |
[10:51] | Over here. | 我在这 |
[10:52] | We are so in luck. It was international grab bag night at Al’s. | 我们还真走运 赶上了Al店里的”国际随意包”之夜 |
[10:55] | Cool. Did you peek? | 酷 你偷看了么? |
[10:57] | And ruin the whole point of the mystery dinner? I think not. Pick. | 毁了神秘晚餐的精华? 我才不会呢 来 挑一个 |
[11:00] | – That one. – Okay. I love this. | – 那个 – 好吧 我喜欢这个 |
[11:02] | It’s food and a game all in one. | 这真是吃玩合一 |
[11:04] | – Now we open them at the same time. – I know the rules. | – 我们一起打开 – 我知道规矩 |
[11:06] | And do not jump the gun. | 别耍赖 |
[11:07] | There’s a lot of pressure associated with international grab bag night. | 你太紧张了 |
[11:09] | I am your mother, it is my responsibility to give you structure. | 我是你妈 我有责任 让你建立正确的人生观 |
[11:12] | Now, on three – one, two, three. | 好 数到三? 一 二 三 |
[11:16] | Moroccan. | 摩洛哥的 |
[11:17] | You always say Moroccan. | 你总是说”摩洛哥的” |
[11:19] | And sooner or later, I will be right. What’s yours? | 我迟早会撞上的 你的是什么? |
[11:21] | Pan-Asian, with a hint of English Colonial, | 泛亚洲的 提示: 英国殖民地 |
[11:24] | and a few South African influences. | 还受到少许南非的影响 |
[11:26] | Way to hedge your bet. Kitchen? | 扯太远了去厨房吃? |
[11:27] | Just let me check the machine. | 我听下留言 |
[11:30] | Ms. Gilmore, it’s Bob Merrimam, your mother’s lawyer. | Gilmore小姐 我是Bob Merrimam 你母亲的律师 |
[11:32] | I’m calling about the little matter of this lawsuit she’s involved in. | 我打来是为了你母亲诉讼的事 |
[11:35] | We’d like it if you could give a deposition on her behalf. It shouldn’t be a big deal. | 我们希望你能出庭为她作证 这不是什么大事 |
[11:39] | If you could just call me tomorrow with some times that would be convenient for you, | 如果你能在明天方便的时候 给我们回电… |
[11:42] | – I can set something up… – Oh, no! | – 我就能马上安排… – 噢 不! |
[11:43] | – What? – No, no, no, no, no. | – 什么? – 不 不 不 不 不行 |
[11:45] | – Hello? – No. | – 喂? – 不 |
[11:47] | – Who is this? – I am not giving a deposition. | – 哪位? – 我不会为你作证的 |
[11:48] | Of course you are, don’t be ridiculous. | 你当然会 别傻了 |
[11:50] | Please leave me out of this. | 不要把我扯进来 |
[11:51] | I see. So you’re just going to let this lead-footed teutonic chambermaid | 我懂了 你是想让 这位日尔曼铁脚女佣 |
[11:54] | drag your mother into a public forum and humiliate her, is that it? | 把你妈拖进法庭当众羞辱 是吗? |
[11:57] | – Is that what I’m hearing? – Mom. | – 你是这意思吧? – 妈 |
[11:59] | Her lawyer knows we asked for this deposition. | 她的律师知道我们请你来作证 |
[12:02] | How do you think it’s going to look | 你觉得 如果你拒绝为自己的母亲辩护 |
[12:03] | when you refuse to testify for your own mother? | 大家会怎么看? |
[12:05] | Like it’s none of my business. | 大家会认为 这不关我的事啊 |
[12:06] | Oh, and I’m sure the twelve rocket scientists they assemble | 噢 我肯定他们找来的 由12个和我年纪相仿的 |
[12:08] | as a jury of my peers will see it that way. | 火箭学家组成的陪审团 会同意你的想法 |
[12:10] | Honestly, Mom, I doubt they’ll be able to find twelve people | 说实话 妈 我怀疑他们能不能在 |
[12:12] | in the state of Connecticut who haven’t been fired by you. | 康州找到12个没被你炒过的人 |
[12:14] | I can’t believe my own daughter won’t come to my defense. | 我真不敢相信 亲生女儿竟然不来为我辩护 |
[12:16] | I’m not gonna lie for you. | 我不会为你撒谎的 |
[12:18] | I just want you to tell them how I treat my maids. | 我只是要你告诉他们 我是如何对待女佣的 |
[12:20] | I’m not gonna lie for you. | 我不会为你撒谎的 |
[12:22] | All you have to do is tell them I treat the help fairly. | 你只要告诉他们我对佣人很公平 |
[12:24] | I’m not gonna lie for you. | 我不会为你撒谎的 |
[12:26] | Lorelai, there is something called family loyalty. | Lorelai 有种精神叫做家族忠诚 |
[12:29] | It means when someone is in trouble, you help them, | 意思是一人有难 伸手相帮 |
[12:32] | as I have helped you several times over the years. | 这些年来我没少帮你 |
[12:34] | The very least you could do in return is spend half an hour | 你小小的回报只需要花一个半小时 |
[12:37] | saying something kind about your mother. | 说说你母亲的好话 |
[12:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:41] | Thank you. Your devotion is touching. | 谢谢 你的忠诚真让我感动 |
[12:44] | I have to give a deposition. | 我得去作证 |
[12:46] | I don’t think this is Moroccan – or at least not recently. | 我想这不是摩洛哥食物 至少现在还不是 |
[12:49] | Want some of mine? | 要我的吗? |
[12:50] | – Nope. – Yikes. | – 不了 – 厄… |
[12:51] | – Luke’s? – Let’s go. | – 去Luke那? – 走吧 |
[12:57] | I can’t stress enough the value of a good paint job. | 好的门面是非常重要的 |
[13:01] | One of the first decisions you’ll have to make | 开创旅社的第一要务是 |
[13:03] | when you open your inn is whether to employ your housekeepers individually | 你要么自己请一个优秀的总管 |
[13:08] | or contract out to a housekeeping service. | 要么把服务管理外包给我们酒店 |
[13:11] | If you use a service, you will be assured of having | 一旦你外包了服务 就可以拥有 |
[13:14] | a replacement housekeeper if one should call in sick or quit suddenly. | 一个可调换的管理人 以防万一有人生病或突然辞职 |
[13:19] | But you’ll pay two dollars more an hour | 但你需额外支付每小时2美元的费用 |
[13:21] | and they’ll be loyal to the service, not to you. | 而且他们只忠于 你购买的服务 而不是你 |
[13:24] | However, you’ll probably end up paying a bit more | 最终你会发现 外包服务的支出 |
[13:27] | than if you hired them individually. | 也只比单独雇佣员工多一点点 |
[13:29] | I can’t believe you’re taking notes. | 你竟然还记笔记 |
[13:31] | He has said nothing in the last two hours that we didn’t already know, | 两小时里他说的 都是我们已经知道的废话 |
[13:35] | and he’s saying it really condescendingly. | 而且还装的那么谦逊 |
[13:37] | So in addition to being bored, I’m getting hostile, | 所以除了无聊之外 我都要怒了 |
[13:39] | and a little insecure ‘cause you’re studying and I’m not. | 还一点心虚 因为你一直在学 我却没有 |
[13:43] | – Pick a color. – Pink! | – 选个颜色 – 粉色! |
[13:44] | – ‘Cause you’re a girl. – Exactly. | – 到底是女孩子 – 没错 |
[13:46] | P-I-N-K P–i–n–k. | |
[13:48] | – Pick a number. – Five. | – 选个数 – 5 |
[13:50] | You will marry Shaun Cassidy and cheat with David. | 你会嫁给Shaun Cassidy 并和David有一腿 |
[13:53] | Well, good for me. | 噢 适合我 |
[13:54] | My turn. | 轮到我啦 |
[13:55] | Some of us are here to learn. | 来这儿是学习的 |
[13:58] | – Sorry. – Yeah, sorry. | – 抱歉 – 对不起 |
[14:00] | We had a cootie catcher… | 我们在玩”东南西北”… |
[14:01] | – We’re sorry. – Sorry. | – 对不起 – 对不起 |
[14:02] | As I was saying, the points we’ve covered should get you started, | 刚才我提到的几点 可以帮助你们事业起步 |
[14:06] | but remember, it’s a long process, | 但是 记住 这将是 一个非常漫长的过程 |
[14:10] | so don’t get discouraged. | 别气馁 |
[14:12] | I’m sure one day I’ll be staying in each and every one of you inns. | 相信有一天 我会入住 你们每个人开办的旅店 |
[14:17] | He’s not staying in our inn. | 他没来过我们店呢 |
[14:19] | Now don’t run off just yet. We’ve got one final treat. | 别急着走 我们还有最后的款待 |
[14:23] | I’d like to introduce you all to John Mattern. | 我向你们介绍 John Mattern |
[14:27] | Hello everyone. | 大家好 |
[14:28] | I’m very pleased to be here addressing you today. | 很高兴认识诸位 |
[14:31] | I asked Brian if I could just have a few minutes at the end of today | 我问Brian 能否耽误大家几分钟 |
[14:34] | to show you all some opportunities | 来介绍一个极佳的机会 |
[14:36] | that I think you’re going to find really exciting. | 我保证你们都会感到惊喜的 |
[14:40] | I know that I do. | 对此我很有信心 |
[14:41] | If we could. | 我们开始 |
[14:44] | Now this is a lovely property that has just become available right outside of Litchfield. | 这是Litchfield郊外一处 非常不错的待售房产 |
[14:49] | It’s a sales pitch? | 他是在兜生意吗? |
[14:51] | They spend two hours telling us nothing, | 两小时里他们什么都没教 |
[14:52] | then try to sell us lame property? | 现在却想卖给我们这栋破房子? |
[14:55] | We already know the place we’re buying. | 我们很满意自己的店 |
[14:56] | – I know. – So what do we do? | – 是啊 – 那还呆着干吗? |
[14:59] | I’m crushing your head, I’m crushing your head. Let’s go. | 捏扁你脑袋 捏扁你脑袋 我们走 |
[15:02] | A perfectly restorable sun porch wraps around the entire main structure. | 一条完美可改建的日光走廊 环绕在房子的四周 |
[15:06] | Let’s step inside this diamond in the rough. | 让我们走进这栋钻石豪宅看看吧 |
[15:09] | Unbelievably shocking. | 难以置信 |
[15:11] | That we could work at an inn for so long and learn so little. | 我们在旅馆工作了这么久 却知之甚少 |
[15:13] | We must be some kind of dumb. | 我们一定很笨 |
[15:15] | Who would ever have thought that all inns need doors? | 有谁能想到旅馆都要安装门的? |
[15:17] | – Not me. – And floors. | – 我可没想到 – 还要铺地板 |
[15:18] | Doors and floors, we can’t afford that. | 门和地板 我们负担不起 |
[15:20] | Well, we better, otherwise our guests will fall right through to China. | 我们最好能装上 否则客人要直接掉到中国去了 |
[15:23] | I can just imagine the phone calls. | 我现在就能想像出 打求救电话的场景 |
[15:25] | What was Jackson thinking saying these courses were good? | Jackson怎么会说这样的课程好? |
[15:28] | Please, you’re asking me? The man took a course in diary writing. | 拜托 你还问我? 他参加了写日记班 |
[15:30] | Thank God – food. | 谢天谢地 还有吃的 |
[15:32] | So, is it worth it if we can make up | 那么说来 如果算上饼干 |
[15:33] | our seventy-five dollar admission fee in cookies? | 我们75美元的课费还算有点价值? |
[15:35] | considering that in the past hour, I uttered the phrase, | 考虑到在过去的几小时里 我一直在跟自己说… |
[15:38] | “My God, I should’ve listened to Michel,” | “天哪 我应该听Michel的话” |
[15:40] | these better be the best damn cookies in the world. | 这些最好是世界一流的饼干 |
[15:42] | And they taste like feet. | 吃上去一股臭脚丫的味儿 |
[15:44] | Oh, well, even their cookies suck. | 噢 好吧 连饼干都难吃 |
[15:46] | Stand by, I’m going in for coffee. | 一边去 我来尝尝咖啡 |
[15:48] | Sookie? Sookie St. James? | Sookie? Sookie St. James? |
[15:50] | It’s Joe… Joe Mastoni from the Deerhill Lodge. | 我是Joe啊… Deerhill Lodge的Joe Mastoni |
[15:53] | Oh my God, Joe! Joe! | 老天 Joe! Joe! |
[15:55] | Joe from the Deerhill Lodge! It’s Joe from the Deerhill Lodge! | Deerhill Lodge的Joe! 这是Deerhill Lodge的Joe! |
[15:59] | How are you? Sorry. | 你好吗? 对不起 |
[16:01] | Well, come here. | 过来抱抱 |
[16:03] | Oh! Lorelai, this is Joe. Joe, Lorelai. | 噢! Lorelai 这是Joe Joe 这是Lorelai |
[16:06] | Nice to meet you. This is Alex, my partner. | 你好 这是Alex 我的搭档 |
[16:08] | Business partner. | 是生意伙伴 |
[16:10] | Oh, clarification duly noted. Nice to meet you. | 噢 纠正的很及时 见到你很高兴 |
[16:12] | Joe and I worked together one summer up in the Berkshires. | Joe和我在Berkshires一起工作了一个夏天 |
[16:14] | Oh, God, we had a wild time that summer, didn’t we? | 噢天 那个夏天我们可真疯狂 记得吗? |
[16:16] | You had a wild time, huh? Do tell. | 你还有狂野的时候啊? 说来听听 |
[16:18] | We’d all work fourteen hours straight, | 我们一天整整工作14个小时 |
[16:20] | party ‘til dawn, then pile in Joe’s van | 开派对到凌晨 然后倒头睡在Joe的货车上 |
[16:22] | and wake up in New Hampshire or Maine with just enough time | 醒过来时已身处New Hampshire或Maine |
[16:26] | to get back for the next shift. | 刚刚够时间回去交班 |
[16:27] | We had a real interesting crew. | 我们有一群很有意思的人 |
[16:29] | Sookie, me, Feldman, Mellon, Bung… | Sookie 我 Feldman Mellon Bung… |
[16:31] | – Bung? – He was the grill man. | – Bung? – 他是烧烤师傅 |
[16:33] | He had been up there for a couple years already, | 当时他在那儿已经工作很多年了 |
[16:35] | but Joe and I were both in prep. | Joe和我还都在试用期呢 |
[16:36] | And I repeat – Bung? | 他真的叫Bung? |
[16:38] | Don’t look at me. I’m still wondering if Mellon’s a man or a woman. | 别看我 我到现在还在想 Mellon究竟是男是女呢? |
[16:41] | You know, I promised myself after that summer, | 那个夏天之后 我对自己保证 |
[16:42] | I would never chop small green things en masse ever again. | 再也不要去剁碎一大堆绿色的玩意儿 |
[16:45] | Or drink all the leftover wine on an empty stomach. | 或者空腹喝光所有餐后剩余的酒 |
[16:49] | Let me see your hands. | 让我看看你的手 |
[16:51] | Hey, nice blisters. | 嘿 非常漂亮的水疱 |
[16:53] | Let me see yours. Ooh, not bad, not bad. | 让我看你的 噢 不错 不错 |
[16:56] | I’m more careful about using the towels with the hot stuff these days. | 这些年 我已经学会很注意地 用毛巾包好 再去拿烫的东西 |
[16:58] | – Sissy. – Yeah, yeah. | – 太娘了 – 是啊 是啊 |
[17:00] | So what are you doing here? | 你们来这干嘛? |
[17:01] | Lorelai and I are opening an inn together, so we came for a class. | Lorelai和我开了个旅馆 我们是来这儿上课的 |
[17:04] | Really? Alex and I are here for a class | 真的? Alex和我来这儿上课 |
[17:06] | about opening your own coffee place. | 是学习如何开咖啡店的 |
[17:07] | – Chain of coffee places, actually. – That’s great. | – 事实上是开咖啡连锁店 – 太棒了 |
[17:09] | We’ll see. It’s pretty new territory for us. | 走着看吧 这对我们来讲是全新的领域 |
[17:11] | Joe at least knows the food industry. | 至少 Joe还了解餐饮业 |
[17:13] | I’m coming from ironworks, so I basically know what the security gate | 我以前是干冶金的 所以我只知道在每晚 |
[17:15] | you pull down at the end of the night should be made of. | 关上的防盗门的材质是什么 |
[17:17] | Don’t listen to him. Alex is an incredible businessman. | 别听他的 Alex很精通做生意 |
[17:20] | That’s true. | 正确 |
[17:20] | So far, we’ve got the business model planned out, | 目前为止 我们已经计划好经营模式 |
[17:22] | there’s a couple of prime locations we’re interested in. | 有了一些备选的店址 |
[17:25] | The only thing left to do besides build the place is pick a name. | 除了建造店铺之外 就剩起一个店名了 |
[17:27] | Oh, little tip, don’t choose anything cute. | 噢 小忠告 别选那些可爱的名字 |
[17:30] | – Like Jitters. – Or Spill the Beans. | – 比如叫Jitters (紧张) – 或是Spill the Beans (泄露) |
[17:32] | – Or Higher Ground. – Or The Mudhouse. | – 又或是Higher Ground (高境界) – 要么叫The Mudhouse (泥屋) |
[17:34] | – Actually, I kinda like that. – Oh, me too. We call dibs. | – 我挺喜欢最后那个 -我也是 这名字归我 |
[17:37] | I thought you were opening an inn. | 我以为你们要开一个旅馆 |
[17:38] | Well, we wanna keep our options open. | 恩 我们要多给自己几个选择嘛 |
[17:39] | Hey, did you hear about Feldman’s restaurant? | 嘿 你有没有听过Feldman餐厅? |
[17:41] | The Feldster opened a restaurant? | Feldster开餐厅了? |
[17:43] | Okay, I know I’m repeating myself, but the Feldster? | 好吧 再问一句 有人叫Feldster? |
[17:45] | I can’t believe he opened his own place. | 真不敢相信他有自己的餐厅了 |
[17:47] | He spent the whole summer getting stoned in the walk-in. | 他那整个夏天忙得焦头烂额的 |
[17:49] | – He was our baker. – Right, that figures. | – 他以前是面包师 – 是啊 那就讲得通了 |
[17:51] | Baker, getting baked, I’m there. | 烘焙师 被烤焦了 我懂了 |
[17:53] | Oh, congratulations. You still can’t have The Mudhouse. | 噢 恭喜 但你还是不能用 “The Mudhouse”这个名字 |
[17:55] | Hey, you remember the last reception we catered? | 还记得最后我们办的那个宴会吗? |
[17:57] | The parakeets, everyone dressed as knights and ladies. | 每个人都穿着礼服 就像骑士和淑女一样 |
[18:00] | Oh God! | 噢 天啊! |
[18:01] | Old friends, huh? | 老朋友 啊? |
[18:03] | Yeah, there’s nothing like ‘em. | 是啊 谁都比不上 |
[18:04] | I never did figure out how Bung got into a fight with the bride. | 我从来没搞清楚 Bung是怎么和那个新娘打起来的 |
[18:08] | One minute everything was fine, the next he’s beaning her with the ice sculpture. | 前一秒还好好的 下一秒他就在用冰雕打她了 |
[18:11] | Hey, remember the time you and Fat Sal got locked in the freezer overnight? | 嘿 还记得那次你和Fat Sal 被关在冰柜里一个晚上吗? |
[18:15] | Fat Sal? | 谁是Fat Sal? |
[18:16] | – Work with me here. – Oh, Fat Sal, yes, right. | – 配合一下嘛 – 噢 Fat Sal 是啊 对 |
[18:19] | Then Feldman got into a fight with the bride’s mother. | 然后Feldman和新娘的母亲打起来了 |
[18:22] | That’s right! He went after the whole bridal party. | 没错!他在婚宴上满场乱跑 |
[18:24] | And you remember how me and the Bruiser – | 还记得我和Bruiser是怎样… |
[18:26] | Never liked that guy. | 我不喜欢那个家伙 |
[18:27] | We found you and Fat Sal in the morning | 我们在早上发现你和Fat Sal |
[18:28] | and you were frozen together like bacon. | 就像冻在一起的培根 |
[18:30] | Yeah. You know, I still can’t eat bacon. | 是的 到现在我都不吃培根 |
[18:31] | Well… | 噢… |
[18:32] | And you remember what Feldman told the cops? | 你记得Feldman和警察说的话吗? |
[18:34] | Oh, yeah! | 噢 记得! |
[18:36] | And then before Bruiser and I would let you out, | 在我和Bruiser放你们出来之前 |
[18:38] | we made you and Fat Sal kiss. | 还让你和Fat Sal来了个舌吻 |
[18:40] | I’m not sure I remember that. | 我不记得有这一出了 |
[18:42] | You know, I actually don’t remember | 其实我不记得 |
[18:44] | what Feldman told the cops. | Feldman和警察说什么了 |
[18:46] | He tried to pretend he didn’t speak English, remember? | 他假装不会说英语 想起来么? |
[18:48] | That’s right, oh my God! The flooginshorts! | 对 老天! The flooginshorts! |
[18:50] | Yes, the flooginshorts! | 是的 the flooginshorts! |
[18:52] | Oh, great. Now we have to make up our own language? | 噢 太好了 我们还要自编语言吗? |
[18:54] | This is getting exhausting. | 快累死我了 |
[18:56] | You know, Feldman’s restaurant’s right here in Hartford. | Feldman餐厅就在Hartford |
[18:58] | No, really? | 不会吧? |
[18:59] | Yeah. We should swing by one night and bust his chops. | 是啊 我们应该哪天过去气气他 |
[19:01] | Hey, yeah, we could keep sending back plate after plate | 对 我们不停地点菜退菜 |
[19:04] | until he gets so angry he comes out. | 直到他气得跑出来为止 |
[19:06] | Let’s make a plan. | 我们好好计划计划 |
[19:07] | Sure. Call me at the Independence Inn, that’s where we work. | 好的 打电话到独立旅馆 我在那工作 |
[19:09] | – For now. – Sounds great. | – 目前为止 – 太棒了 |
[19:11] | – I’m so glad we ran into each other. – Me too. | – 真高兴我们又见面了 – 我也是 |
[19:13] | And it was nice meeting you, Lorelai. Good luck with everything. | 很高兴认识你 Lorelai 万事好运 |
[19:15] | Thanks, you too. | 多谢 你也是 |
[19:16] | I’m really glad we got a chance to catch up. | 我也很高兴我们能重逢 |
[19:18] | Oh, yeah. Hey, if you see Fat Sal, give him a kiss for me. | 噢 对啊 如果看到Fat Sal 替我吻他 |
[19:20] | – I’ll do that. – Okay. | – 没问题 – 太好了 |
[19:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:26] | Wait, so you and that guy knew each other, too? What a coincidence! | 等等 你和那家伙也认识?太巧了! |
[19:29] | Come on, honey. | 快走吧 亲爱的 |
[19:35] | How many times do I have to tell them? | 我得跟他们说多少次? |
[19:36] | You can’t put a two-inch ladle of gravy into a one-inch potato crater. | 你永远得不到 一勺土豆泥配两勺的肉汁 |
[19:40] | You either need a smaller ladle or a bigger crater – otherwise, you get this. | 不是土豆泥多了 就是肉汁少了 否则就像这样… |
[19:44] | – Gravy on your asparagus. – Yes. | – 肉汁洒在芦笋上了 – 是的 |
[19:45] | Paris, the cafeteria workers serve hundreds of students a day. | Paris 食堂的员工 每天要服务上百个学生 |
[19:49] | A little gravy spillage is natural. | 芦笋上洒点肉汁是很正常的 |
[19:50] | I see. So I should just sit quietly and shovel in whatever slop | 那么 我该安静地坐着 铲掉他们 |
[19:54] | they throw my way like some inmate in the chow line | 扔给我的任何东西 就像那些在Leavenworth监狱 |
[19:56] | at Leavenworth doing twenty to life? | 无期徒刑的罪犯一样 乖乖的排队打菜就餐? |
[19:58] | I don’t think so. | 我才不干呢 |
[19:59] | I’ll save your seat. | 帮你留座啊 |
[20:28] | They took my tray. I can’t believe they took my tray. | 他们收走了我的餐盘 真不敢相信 他们竟收走了餐盘 |
[20:31] | All I did was go up there and tell them I wanted some new asparagus, | 我只是向他们要求换新的芦笋 |
[20:33] | and they took my tray. | 他们就收走了餐盘 |
[20:35] | Well, I also told them to buy a slightly looser hair net, | 当然 我还告诉他们 去买松一点的发网套 |
[20:38] | one that wouldn’t squish the part of the brain | 这样才不会压到他们的脑子 |
[20:39] | that can judge depth and measurements, | 这样就能判断出深度和大小了 |
[20:41] | and then they took my tray, but still… | 他们就收走了餐盘 但是… |
[20:44] | Now what? | 现在怎么办? |
[20:46] | You gonna eat that? | 你还要吃吗? |
[21:15] | Good, you’re here. | 很好 你来了 |
[21:16] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[21:17] | We have three classes together, we couldn’t talk then? | 我们有三节课一起上 不能在那时谈吗? |
[21:20] | I thought alone would be better. | 单独谈比较好 |
[21:22] | Besides, you picked the place. | 再说 这地方是你挑的 |
[21:24] | What do you want? | 你到底想怎样? |
[21:26] | – I want a truce. – Excuse me? | – 我想休战 – 什么? |
[21:28] | A truce, you know, no more fighty fighty. | 休战 不再争来斗去了 |
[21:31] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信你 |
[21:32] | Look, | 听着 |
[21:34] | this is not the way I wanted things to work out, honestly. | 说实话 这不是我希望的那样 |
[21:37] | Yes, the hemline thing bugged me, | 没错 裙边长短的事让我生气 |
[21:39] | and yes, Paris is not my idea of a secret sister, | 没错 Paris不是我喜欢的类型 |
[21:42] | but I never intended for things to go so far. | 但我从没想过要搞得这么僵 |
[21:44] | – No? – No. | – 没有? – 没有 |
[21:45] | I mean, it’s my senior year, too. | 这也是我的最后一年 |
[21:47] | Why would I want to spend the whole time scheming and fighting? | 为什么要在争斗上浪费时间? |
[21:49] | It’s too exhausting. | 太劳心费力了 |
[21:51] | I wanna stop this war, this vendetta, | 我要停止这场战争 这场仇恨 |
[21:53] | this Sicilian thing. It must end. | 这场西西里人的勾当 必须终结 |
[21:56] | This seems awful sudden. | 听上去太突然了 |
[21:58] | Yes, well, my time is precious, | 是的 我的时间很宝贵 |
[22:00] | so if I’m not gonna truly commit to a grudge, | 如果不是真的在认错 |
[22:01] | I’d like to move on and put that energy somewhere else. | 我情愿把精力放在别的事情上 |
[22:04] | Come on, what do you say? | 行了 你觉得怎样? |
[22:05] | Friends, sort of? | 做朋友? 某种意义上的 |
[22:07] | Friends… sort of. | 朋友 某种意义上的 |
[22:11] | Shake. | 来握个手吧 |
[22:21] | Stop doing that. | 别再搞这些了 |
[22:30] | Okay, so you’ll come in early and set up the conference room | 好的 你要早点过来布置会议室 |
[22:32] | – for the group from Michigan. – Yes, I will. | – 那些密歇根来的人要用 – 是的 我会的 |
[22:35] | Okay. Now, Sookie’s on top of the menu. | 好的 Sookie的名字在菜单的最上面 |
[22:36] | Let’s make sure the, uh, dining room’s open for a late lunch, | 要保证午餐时段 餐厅要关晚一点 |
[22:38] | and we need to confirm the number of rooms they’ll need. | 我们还要确认他们定的房间数 |
[22:40] | Yes, I have all of this written down on a notepad | 是的 我会全部记在本子上 |
[22:42] | right next to my self-help book, | 就在我的那本名叫… |
[22:44] | “Why Don’t People Think You Know What The Hell You’re Doing?” | “为何别人不认为你知道自己在做什么?” 的自助手册旁边 |
[22:46] | Sorry. I’m just a little stressed at this whole stupid deposition thing. | 抱歉 我只是被那件愚蠢的 去作证的事情搞得很紧张 |
[22:49] | Relax, it’s very easy. | 放轻松 这又不难 |
[22:51] | It is? You’ve done it? | 是吗?你作过证? |
[22:53] | – Once, it was nothing. – Why were you deposed? | – 一次啦 没什么大不了 – 你为什么会去作证? |
[22:55] | My neighbor had this dog, | 我的邻居养了条狗 |
[22:57] | a frisky little scamp that used to love to yap to his friends all night long. | 那个活泼的小淘气鬼 总是喜欢冲他的朋友叫上一整夜 |
[23:00] | It was so cute. Then one day he disappeared. | 真的很可爱 有一天狗失踪了 |
[23:03] | I told the police what I knew, | 我告诉警察我知道的事情 |
[23:05] | but sadly the adorable little chatterbox was never found. It was tragic. | 但很不幸那只可爱的小话匣子 再也没被找到 真是悲惨啊 |
[23:10] | – You got rid of a dog? – No. | – 你杀了那条狗? – 没有 |
[23:12] | How could you get rid of a dog? | 你怎么能杀狗呢? |
[23:14] | I will gladly show you the transcript from the lawyer | 我很乐意向你出示律师结案的副本 |
[23:16] | and the results of the lie detector test. | 以及上面测谎的结果 |
[23:18] | – You’re heinous. – And very well rested. | – 你太可恶了 – 从此就睡饱了 |
[23:20] | Lorelai, hi. | Lorelai 你好 |
[23:22] | – Remember me? – Of course I do. | – 记得我吗? – 当然记得 |
[23:24] | Nice to see you again, Joe. | 很高兴再见面 Joe |
[23:25] | This is a beautiful place you have here. | 这地方真漂亮 |
[23:27] | Ah, well, you know… keeps the rain off. | 啊 是啊 能避避风雨 |
[23:29] | Right. So, is Sookie around? | 对啊 Sookie在吗? |
[23:31] | Oh, yeah, she is. Right through there in the kitchen. | 噢 她在 在厨房 |
[23:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:36] | Here, give me those. I’ll file them with the rest. | 把那些给我吧 我把它们归档 |
[23:39] | Ah, stop that! | 啊 别吠啦! |
[23:43] | – Hey, I’ll just be a minute. – Oh no, don’t rush. | – 嘿 等我一会 – 别 慢慢来 |
[23:45] | I was almost finished with the dinner prep, | 晚餐的准备工作 本来就快弄好了 |
[23:46] | and then I changed my mind about two of the appetizers. | 但我突然想换两种开胃菜 |
[23:49] | Sounds like old times. Though, I gotta say, | 就像以前一样 我不得不说… |
[23:50] | this place is a long way from the sweatbox at the Deerhill. | 这里的设备比Deerhils的sweatbox好太多了 |
[23:53] | Yeah, we’ve upgraded a lot in the past few years. | 是啊 在过去几年里 我们换了很多东西 |
[23:55] | We just got a refrigerated prep table and we replaced the two vertical mixers. | 刚买了新的冷冻餐车 换了两个立式搅拌器 |
[23:58] | But you still got the old fifty-two inch Viking. | 但你还保留着52英寸的”维京海盗”啊 |
[24:00] | I know. I just like how big it is. I blew it up once. | 是啊 我喜欢大家伙 我弄炸过一次呢 |
[24:03] | But I had them rebuild it. I refuse to cook on anything else. | 后来把它重新组装起来了 我拒绝在其他灶台上烹饪 |
[24:07] | – Stick with what you know. – Exactly. Taste this. | – 只和熟人打交道啊 – 没错 尝尝这个 |
[24:11] | – Maybe a bit more brandy. – I knew you’d say that. | – 可以再加点白兰地 – 我知道你会这么说 |
[24:13] | Well, people like brandy. | 人们都喜欢白兰地嘛 |
[24:14] | – You mean you like brandy. – And I’m people. | – 你是说你喜欢白兰地 – 我不就是人嘛 |
[24:17] | We always had a good time together, didn’t we? | 我们在一起总是很愉快 不是吗? |
[24:19] | – Yeah, it was a good group. – You always made it better. | – 是啊 是不错的组合 – 你总能让事情变得更好 |
[24:22] | ‘Cause I kept you fools from driving off the side of a mountain. | 因为我总是把你们这群傻瓜 从悬崖边上拉回来 |
[24:24] | Very true. | 非常正确 |
[24:25] | You know, I’m really glad we ran into each other. | 我真的很高兴能再见面 |
[24:27] | – It’s not often you get a second chance. – What do you mean? | – 这不是常有的事 – 怎么说? |
[24:29] | I can’t tell you how many times I kicked myself | 我不知道有多少次为了 |
[24:31] | for not asking you out that summer. | 那个夏天没有约你出去而懊悔 |
[24:33] | It just seemed like every time I got close, | 每次快到那个节骨眼上 |
[24:34] | we’d end up talking about the best way to make calves liver or something. | 我们总以如何做出最棒的牛肝 或别的什么而结束话题 |
[24:37] | Sautéed with caramelized onions. | 或是焦糖炒洋葱 |
[24:38] | Exactly. Then when I saw you at the Learning Center, | 没错 当我在学习中心看到你 |
[24:41] | it was like fate was saying, “Here you go, man. | 就像是老天在对我说 |
[24:42] | Try not to screw it up again.” | “老兄 机会来了 别再搞砸了” |
[24:44] | I guess things just had to happen in their own time. | 我想每件事都有它的时机 |
[24:46] | In their own time. | 适时发生 |
[24:49] | Could you just… | 你能不能… |
[24:50] | stir… yeah, I’ll be back. | 搅搅…恩 我去去就来 |
[24:54] | Oh, no, sir, I’m afraid we don’t offer a complimentary breakfast. | 不 先生 我们不赠送早餐 |
[24:57] | He thinks it’s a date. | 他认为这是个约会 |
[24:58] | Yes, sir, I realize the Ramada does. | 是 先生 我知道Ramada旅馆会送 |
[25:01] | Lorelai! | Lorelai! |
[25:02] | Well, if you like, I could recommend a few places in town. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以向你推荐镇上其他几家旅馆 |
[25:06] | Okay… sure. | 好的…当然 |
[25:08] | Why don’t you talk to your wife and call me back. | 不如先和您妻子商量一下 然后再给我们打电话吧 |
[25:10] | Okay, bye. | 好的 再见 |
[25:12] | Hey, Shields and Yarnell, what’s going on? | 嘿 机器人 怎么啦? |
[25:14] | – He thinks it’s a date. – What? | – 他认为这是个约会 – 啊? |
[25:16] | – Joe, he thinks this is a date. – Is he crazy? | – Joe 他把这当作是次约会 – 他疯了吗? |
[25:18] | Exactly. You were there – it’s not a date, is it? | 就是啊 你当时也在场 没说这是个约会 对吧? |
[25:21] | No. The two of you were gonna go bust Feldster’s chops. | 当然不是 你俩不是打算 去好好气气那个Feldster |
[25:24] | Busting chops is not a date. | 捣乱才不是约会呢 |
[25:25] | That’s what I thought, but he keeps saying how he liked me back then | 我也这么想的 可他不停地说以前有多喜欢我 |
[25:27] | and how this is his second chance. | 这是一个重新开始的机会 |
[25:29] | – He’s liked you for ten years? – Yes. | – 他暗恋你十年啦? – 是的 |
[25:31] | Wow. That is some serious Great Gatsby pining. | 哇 那可是真正的”了不起的盖茨比”式的痴情啊 |
[25:35] | – I know. – You’re his Daisy. | – 你说的对 – 你就是他的Daisy |
[25:36] | I am? I’m his Daisy. | 是吗?我是他的Daisy |
[25:39] | – I’m someone’s Daisy. – It’s very flattering. | – 我是某人的Daisy – 这是很高的赞美 |
[25:41] | It is very flattering. But I didn’t bring it on, did I? I mean, did I flirt? | 是啊 但不是我先挑起的 我没有卖弄风情吧? |
[25:44] | No, you did not flirt. You were talking about Bung. | 你才没有呢 你们在说Bung |
[25:46] | Right. And you can’t flirt when talking about Bung, it’s impossible. | 对 谈论Bung时绝对扯不上风情 不可能 |
[25:49] | He read something into it because he wanted to. | 他心里有想法 才会去附会一些东西 |
[25:51] | Oh my God, what’s Jackson’s gonna say? | 天哪 Jackson知道了怎么办? |
[25:53] | Sookie, it’s a misunderstanding. Jackson will be fine. | Sookie 这是场误会 Jackson不会怎么样的 |
[25:55] | Just go in there and explain it to Joe. | 去和Joe解释清楚就行 |
[25:57] | But what do I tell him? | 可我该怎么说? |
[25:58] | He’s waited ten years for this. | 他等了十年啊 |
[26:00] | How do you hand out that kind of rejection? | 要怎么拒绝呢? |
[26:01] | I could tell him I’ve become a lesbian! | 我就说我是同性恋 |
[26:04] | Yeah, or “I’m married” might work. | 好啊 或说”我结婚了”更加合理 |
[26:05] | Right, I’m married, good, that’s very good. | 对 “我结婚了” 这个理由好 |
[26:09] | It’s gonna be fine. Joe’s a nice guy with good taste. | 会没事的 Joe是很有品位的好人 |
[26:11] | – I’m his Daisy. – Be happy later. | – 我是他的Daisy – 过会儿再乐吧 |
[26:13] | Right. | 对 |
[26:14] | I’m going in. | 我去了 |
[26:15] | Independence Inn, Lorelai speaking. | 独立旅馆 我是Lorelai |
[26:19] | So, at the risk of seeming like Joe the drunken chef, | 冒着被冠上”嗜酒大厨Joe”的风险 |
[26:21] | I added some more Port to the Cumberland sauce. | 我在坎伯兰酱里多加了点葡萄酒 |
[26:23] | Now, just promise to try it. | 你一定要尝尝 |
[26:25] | Joe, we need to talk. | Joe 我们得谈谈 |
[26:26] | Wow, you’ve mellowed. | 哇 你变成熟了 |
[26:27] | In the old days, you would’ve just called me an idiot and just dumped it in the trash. | 在以前你一定是叫我傻瓜 然后把它们倒进垃圾桶 |
[26:30] | It’s not that, it’s… you put in more Port? | 不是那样的 不是… 你多加了葡萄酒? |
[26:33] | This is a pheasant sauce, not the punch bowl at a frat party. | 这可是要配野鸡肉的酱汁 不是兄弟会派对上的大碗酱 |
[26:36] | – Just try it. – No, no, no… | – 尝尝嘛 – 不不不… |
[26:38] | that’s not what I meant to say. It’s just… | 这不是我要说的 只是… |
[26:41] | there’s been a misunderstanding. | 我们之间有点误会 |
[26:43] | I thought this thing tonight was just a friends thing, | 我以为今晚只是朋友间的聚会 |
[26:46] | you know, not like a date thing. | 不是约会 |
[26:48] | Not that going out with you would be bad. | 不是说和你约会不好 |
[26:50] | Except it would be… very, very bad. | 不和你约会是非常非常糟糕的事 |
[26:54] | But only because I’m married! I meant to say that first. | 只是我已经结婚了! 我应该早点说的 |
[26:57] | See? Last May, I just… | 看到么? 去年五月 我刚… |
[26:59] | Where’s my… oh, hang on. | 戒指呢? 哦 等下 |
[27:02] | See, this was supposed to be… | 看 当我举手时 |
[27:04] | when I hold my hand up, ‘cause otherwise, “Whatcha doin’?”, right? | 它应该在那儿的 否则就变成打招呼了 对吗? |
[27:07] | Okay, here. I take it off when I’m cooking, | 好了 瞧 做菜时我把它拿下来 |
[27:10] | but, look, there it is, right where it should be, on my finger. | 但是 看啊 现在回来了 在它该在的地方 在我的手指上 |
[27:14] | – You’re married. – Yes, I am. | – 你结婚了 – 是的 |
[27:16] | I hope that’s okay. | 希望没事吧 |
[27:18] | Hey, if your husband’s good with it, who am I to complain? | 嘿 如果你丈夫很满意 我凭什么指手画脚呢? |
[27:20] | – You’re not mad? – Why would I be mad? | – 你不生气吧? – 我为什么要生气? |
[27:22] | Because you thought this was a date. | 因为你以为这是个约会 |
[27:23] | I’m not mad. Feeling a little stupid, but not mad. | 我不生气 觉得有点傻 但不生气 |
[27:26] | Here, let me give you some money. | 不如这样 我给你点钱吧 |
[27:28] | I didn’t spend any money. | 我不需要花什么钱 |
[27:29] | Well, let me give you some money anyway. | 无论如何 让我给你点钱吧 |
[27:31] | Look, the only way I’ll be mad | 听着 唯一会让我生气的是 |
[27:32] | is if you throw that sauce out before you try it, okay? | 你尝都不尝就把那锅调料倒掉 懂吗? |
[27:35] | Tell you what, why don’t we make a plan to harass Feldman some other time? | 这样吧 我们改天再计划 怎么去骚扰Feldman 好吗? |
[27:39] | You can bring your husband and I’ll see if I can get a real date. | 你带上你丈夫 我努力找个伴 |
[27:42] | That’d be fun. | 那会很有意思的 |
[27:44] | Come on, I’ll walk you out. | 来吧 我送你出去 |
[27:46] | You know, | 恩… |
[27:47] | we could even get some of the old gang together. | 我们可以约约看以前的那些老友 |
[27:49] | I’ll drive. | 我来开车 |
[27:52] | I guess this’ll teach me not to wait ten years next time. | 我想这次的教训就是 告诉我下次别再等上十年 |
[27:55] | Anyway, I’ll give you a call. | 恩 我会打电话给你的 |
[27:57] | Bye Joe. | 再见 Joe |
[27:59] | See, he’s smiling. | 看 他在笑呢 |
[28:01] | I knew it was nothing to get worked up over. | 我早知道没法补救了 |
[28:04] | You obviously let him down very well, | 很显然 你令他非常失望 |
[28:06] | and now maybe you guys can be friends. | 或许你们还能做普通朋友 |
[28:09] | I’m a whore! | 我太坏了! |
[28:12] | This is silly. I know how to answer a question. | 这太傻了 我知道怎么回答问题 |
[28:14] | This is your first deposition. | 这是你第一次出庭作证 |
[28:15] | Grandma’s lawyers just want you to be prepared. | 外婆的律师希望你做好准备 |
[28:17] | Sample questions, great. | 示例问题 好极了 |
[28:19] | It’s bad enough I have to give a deposition, now I have to study for it? | 要去作证已经够糟了 现在我还要来预习? |
[28:22] | – Shall we begin? – Go ahead. | – 可以开始了吗? – 来吧 |
[28:24] | Please describe how your mother runs her household. | 请描述一下你的母亲是如何管理家务的 |
[28:26] | Okay. Well, do you remember the rowing scene in Ben Hur? | 好的 记得”宾虚”里划船的场景吗? |
[28:29] | – Mom. – I’m sorry, did that reference date me? | – 妈 -对不起 那个引用太晦涩吗? |
[28:31] | Should I have gone with the “Express Yourself” video? | 我是不是该配上”说出自我”的视频呢? |
[28:32] | Shall we stop? | 说完了吗? |
[28:34] | Sorry, ask me another. | 抱歉 接着问 |
[28:36] | Would you say your mother is an easy woman to get along with? | 你认为你的母亲是个容易相处的人吗? |
[28:38] | No. Next. | 不是 下一题 |
[28:39] | You’re not taking this seriously. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[28:41] | I am taking this seriously. | 我是说真的 |
[28:42] | You can’t say that. | 你不能这么说啊 |
[28:44] | Oh, wow, so you want me to lie. | 哦 哇 你要我撒谎 |
[28:47] | No, you don’t have to lie. | 不 你不必撒谎 |
[28:48] | It’s all about how you present the truth. | 关键在于你用什么方法讲出事实 |
[28:50] | For example, you could have said, | 比如 你可以这样说 |
[28:52] | “My mother is a perfectionist.” | “我母亲是个完美主义者” |
[28:54] | And do you promise to visit Mommy in jail? | 你保证会来监狱探我吧? |
[28:57] | Yes, I do. | 我保证 |
[28:58] | Okay, then. My mother is a perfectionist. | 那好吧 我母亲是个完美主义者 |
[28:59] | Very good. | 很好 |
[29:01] | Oh, hey. Where you going? | 噢 嘿 你去哪儿? |
[29:02] | Oh, well, I’m going to Doose’s because we are out of food. | 噢 我去超市 店里没食物了 |
[29:05] | How can you be out of food? | 你们怎么会没食物呢? |
[29:06] | Well, it starts with the words, “Hey Jess, you do the ordering this week, okay?” | 事情是这样开始的 “Jess 这星期你来采购 好吗?” |
[29:10] | and it ends with me selling Kirk a lettuce sandwich. | 最后 以我卖给Kirk 生菜三明治而告终 |
[29:12] | We’ve eaten those. | 我们尝过了 |
[29:13] | I’m gonna go pick up some stuff to hold us over ‘til tomorrow. | 我要去卖点东西撑到明天早上 |
[29:15] | – Well, get some burgers. – And tater tots. | – 那买几个汉堡吧 – 还有炸薯条 |
[29:17] | – And pickles. – Okay, hold on a sec. | – 再来点泡菜 – 行啊 等一下 |
[29:19] | Burgers, tater tots, pickles. | 汉堡 炸薯条 泡菜 |
[29:21] | – You want cheese on the burger? – Cheddar. | – 汉堡要加芝士吗? – 要切达干酪 |
[29:23] | – And swiss. – Dessert? | – 还有瑞士干酪 – 甜点要什么? |
[29:24] | Do we have to decide right now? | 现在就要决定吗? |
[29:25] | I would seriously advise it. | 我强烈建议你们现在就决定 |
[29:27] | – Pie. – Cherry. | – 那就派吧 – 要樱桃馅的 |
[29:28] | And whipped cream. And dental floss. | 派上要加奶油 顺便买盒牙线 |
[29:30] | And paper towels. And People magazine. | 还有纸巾和”人物”杂志 |
[29:32] | We’re really hungry. | 我们真的很饿哇 |
[29:48] | Paris, good, I so need to talk to you. | Paris 太好了 我一定要和你谈谈 |
[29:53] | Are you lost? | 你迷路了? |
[29:57] | Listen, first of all, I really wanna commend you on your job as president so far. | 听着 首先 我要赞扬到目前为止 你作为学生会主席所做的工作 |
[30:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:02] | The way you’ve negotiated on some of those convoluted school issues – | 你处理那些难缠的学校事务的手段 |
[30:05] | mind blowing. I watch in awe. | 让我大开眼界 我很崇敬你 |
[30:08] | And that’s why this is so hard, | 所以这就变得十分困难 |
[30:10] | because I have major respect for you, | 因为我如此尊敬你 |
[30:13] | and the last thing I ever want is for you to get the wrong impression about my loyalties. | 我最不愿看到的 就是你错会了我的忠心 |
[30:16] | What are you talking about? | 你到底想说什么? |
[30:18] | These were shoved in my locker this morning, | 这个信封是今天早上 别人塞进我柜子里的 |
[30:21] | and I didn’t know what to do, so I thought to myself, | 我不知道怎么处理 所以就对自己说 |
[30:23] | ‘I’ll just show them to Paris and I’ll explain and she’ll understand.’ | “干脆直接拿给Paris看 我解释一下 她会理解的” |
[30:26] | Explain what? What is this? | 解释什么? 这是什么东西? |
[30:28] | Rory came to me and said she wanted to talk about some things… | Rory来找我 说要谈一些事情… |
[30:31] | you know, policy, the prom, the senior gift, et cetera. | 就是政策啊 舞会啊 毕业生礼物啊 诸如此类 |
[30:35] | So of course I said, “why don’t we talk about them | 我当然就说 |
[30:38] | at the student council meeting with Paris?” | “为什么不在学生会例会上问问Paris呢?” |
[30:40] | And she said she wanted to do this without Paris. | 她就说要避开Paris |
[30:42] | She said Paris is just too wrapped up in that boyfriend of hers | 她说Paris被男朋友的事情弄昏头了 |
[30:45] | to care about any of this. I didn’t know what to do, | 没空管这些 我不知道怎么办 |
[30:47] | so I went, and then I found these, and I’m just so upset. | 就走开了 然后就发现了这个 我很不安 |
[30:51] | I mean, I would never intentionally do anything behind your back, Paris. | 我不是故意背着你搞小动作的 Paris |
[30:55] | And I promise, the next time Rory tries to get me to, | 我保证 下次Rory再来找我 |
[30:57] | I’m just gonna say, ‘Talk to the hand’, you know what I mean? | 我只会告诉她”去找头儿说吧” 你明白我的意思吗? |
[31:00] | Yes, I know what you mean. | 是的 我明白 |
[31:02] | Are you mad? Say you’re not mad. | 你生气了? 别气啊 |
[31:04] | I just couldn’t live if I thought you were mad. | 想到你在生气 我就没法活了 |
[31:06] | No, I’m not mad. | 没 我没生气 |
[31:12] | Well, thank God for that. | 哇 有好戏看了 |
[31:17] | Okay class, we will begin in five minutes. | 同学们 5分钟后开始上课 |
[31:22] | Does your helmet smell? | 你的头盔有怪味儿吗? |
[31:23] | I always get one that smells. | 我总是拿到有味道的 |
[31:25] | You’d think the brain trust behind P.E. could come up | 你认为 那些安排 体育课内容的头头们 |
[31:27] | with some sport that didn’t give you helmet hair all afternoon. | 可以安排一些别的运动 让人整个下午都不用戴头盔 |
[31:30] | – Like badminton. – Or striptease aerobics. | – 比如羽毛球 – 或是有氧脱衣舞 |
[31:32] | – What? – It’s really big in L.A. | – 什么? – 那在洛杉矶很流行 |
[31:34] | You just go through the motions, you don’t actually have to strip. | 只是做做动作 不用真的脱 |
[31:36] | Do the other people in the gym throw money at you? | 健身房的人会真的扔钱给你吗? |
[31:37] | Fine, mock, but tell me this – | 好吧 你就笑吧 说说看 |
[31:39] | have you ever seen an overweight stripper? | 你见过超重的脱衣舞女吗? |
[31:40] | The word no seems so wildly inadequate all of a sudden. | “没有”这个词突然变得特别不恰当 |
[31:43] | – Hey, where have you been? – Washing my hands. | – 你去哪了? – 去洗手了 |
[31:46] | All right everyone, take your places. | 大家都站好 |
[31:48] | We will warm up with your counter-sixte-riposte-quarte. | 先来做一下热身运动 |
[31:51] | Melanie, please lead the group. | Melanie 你来领操 |
[31:53] | Oh my God, there’s a hair in mine. | 天哪 里面有根头发 |
[31:55] | Just close your eyes and think of England, honey. | 闭上眼睛想想英格兰吧 亲爱的 |
[31:57] | Doesn’t it seem strange to be practicing a sport | 练习一种原先是为了杀人的 |
[31:59] | whose original purpose was to kill people? | 体育运动不是很奇怪吗? |
[32:01] | It’s like if high schools of the future had teams in artillery | 就好像高中将来会组建炮兵部队 |
[32:04] | or high altitude bombing or something. | 或者执行高原爆破的任务之类的 |
[32:07] | Beginning salute. | 敬礼 |
[32:08] | En garde. | 准备 |
[32:10] | Right side advance. | 右进 |
[32:11] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[32:12] | – Right side retreat. – Why do you ask? | – 右退 – 为什么这么问? |
[32:14] | – And lunge. – You just seem weird. | – 前攻 – 你看上去不对劲 |
[32:16] | Left side advance. | 左进 |
[32:18] | – Easy there, Paris. – Left side retreat. | – 轻点 Paris – 左退 |
[32:20] | We’re fencing Rory, not playing patty cake. | 我们在击剑 Rory 不是在办家家酒 |
[32:21] | And lunge. | 前刺 |
[32:22] | You know, it’s interesting how you think you know someone. | 知道么 可笑的是 你以为你了解某人 |
[32:24] | Right side, quarte lunge. | 右侧 第四姿势前攻 |
[32:26] | Trust a person, rely on a person, then turn around one day | 信任某人 依赖某人 直到有一天回首往事 |
[32:28] | and realize you’d been had. Ever experience that? | 才发现自己完全错了 你经历过吗? |
[32:30] | Ripost. | 收势 |
[32:32] | – Paris. – I hate being had. | – Paris – 我讨厌经历这些 |
[32:33] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么说这些? |
[32:34] | You’re not supposed to be parrying that hard. | 你不该这么用力的 |
[32:36] | Gee, I’m sorry. | 天哪 对不起 |
[32:37] | Maybe I should turn around so you can just stick it directly into my back. | 也许我应该背过身乖乖让你刺的 |
[32:40] | – What are you talking about? – I saw the pictures. | – 你在说什么? – 我看过照片了 |
[32:42] | – What pictures? – You know what pictures. | – 什么照片? – 你心里清楚 |
[32:44] | Obviously I don’t know what pictures. | 我不知道 |
[32:45] | – The pictures of you and Francie. – Me and Francie? | – 你和Francie的照片 – 我和Francie? |
[32:48] | You and Francie in the parking garage talking about me. | 你和Francie在停车场议论我 |
[32:50] | – Paris, I… – Don’t make that face at me! | – Paris 我… – 别摆出那种表情给我看! |
[32:51] | What face? I’m wearing a mask. | 什么表情? 我戴着头盔呢 |
[32:53] | The “I’m Rory, don’t you want to pet me?” face. | 那种”我是Rory 给我宠爱吧!”的表情 |
[32:54] | I know you two have been meeting behind my back. | 我知道你们背着我开小会 |
[32:56] | – We haven’t. We met once. – Aha, you admit it. | – 没有 我们只见过一次 – 啊 你承认了 |
[32:59] | – Yes, but it wasn’t what you think. – Brutus! | – 是的 但不是你想的那样 – 叛徒! |
[33:12] | Paris, you have to listen to me. | Paris 听我说 |
[33:14] | Francie wanted to meet, she said she wanted to call a truce. | Francie提出见面 她说她想讲和 |
[33:17] | She took those pictures of us, | 她拍了那些照片 |
[33:18] | she’s setting me up, she’s trying to manipulate you. | 她陷害我 想操纵你 |
[33:21] | Of course she is. | 当然啦 |
[33:22] | You think I don’t know when someone’s trying to manipulate me? | 你以为我不知道谁想操纵我? |
[33:24] | But that doesn’t change the fact that you met with her behind my back. | 这也改变不了你背着我见她的事实 |
[33:28] | I was trying to help you. | 我是想帮你 |
[33:30] | You were? You mean, in between betraying me | 是吗?你的意思是 游移在背叛和… |
[33:32] | and selling me out, you were trying to help me? | 出卖我之间 这是在帮我? |
[33:34] | Gee, you are quite the Renaissance woman, aren’t you? | 天 你还真是个狡诈阴险的女人啊? |
[33:37] | – Stop it! – Make me! | – 停下! – 你有本事的话! |
[33:42] | Come back here, Gilmore! | 回来 Gilmore! |
[33:43] | Come back and fight like a man. | 回来好好跟我打一架 |
[33:53] | And the worst part is, you told her about Jamie. | 最糟的是 你竟然告诉她Jamie的事 |
[33:56] | I can’t believe I ever considered you my best friend. | 真不敢相信 我还把你当成我最好的朋友 |
[34:08] | I still can’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[34:09] | I can’t believe I got sucked in like that. | 那时会那么相信她 |
[34:11] | That Francie is pure evil, | 那个Francie真是十恶不赦 |
[34:13] | so she’ll probably wind up president. | 她或许都能把总统给逼退了 |
[34:14] | Paris is so upset. | Paris超生气的 |
[34:15] | She totally thinks I betrayed her. | 她认定我背叛了她 |
[34:17] | – She’ll calm down. – Paris has never calmed down. | – 她会冷静下来的 – Paris从没冷静过 |
[34:19] | She’ll calm down. | 她会的 |
[34:20] | I can’t believe I was her best friend. I feel awful. | 我还算她最好的朋友 真难堪啊 |
[34:22] | Look, I’ll tell you what. | 听我说 |
[34:23] | If you wanna make things right, just go back to school tomorrow | 如果你想弥补错误 只要明天回到学校 |
[34:25] | – and let her stab you. – Great idea. | – 让她刺你一剑就行 – 真是个好主意 |
[34:27] | I’m nothing if not full of suggestions. | 我有的是好建议 |
[34:29] | Or full of something. | 或者别的什么 |
[34:30] | – Hey Grandma. – Hi Mom. | – 你好 外婆 – 你好 妈 |
[34:32] | Come in, it’s cold. | 快进来 外面冷 |
[34:33] | Do you want me to talk to her? You know, arrange a sit-down? | 要我和她谈谈吗? 来次平心静气的会谈? |
[34:35] | – No, thanks. – Come on. | – 不用了 谢谢 – 来嘛 |
[34:37] | We’ll have it in an Italian restaurant. | 我们去家意大利餐馆 |
[34:39] | You’ll get up, go to the bathroom – thanks – | 你站起来去洗手间 谢谢 |
[34:41] | and come out shooting, and then I’ll send you to Italy. | 出来时就开始射击 然后我把你送到意大利去 |
[34:43] | I do wanna go to Italy. | 我正好想去意大利 |
[34:45] | Two birds with one stone, my friend. | 一石二鸟 我的朋友 |
[34:49] | Is everything okay, Mom? | 还好吗 妈? |
[34:50] | Of course it’s okay. Why wouldn’t it be okay? | 当然很好 为什么会不好? |
[34:52] | I don’t know. You just seem a little quiet. | 说不上来 今天你太安静了 |
[34:54] | Do I? I guess I do. | 有吗? 好像是的 |
[34:56] | I don’t really have a lot to say, actually. | 其实我没什么可说的 |
[34:59] | I know, why don’t I read to you instead. | 有了 我来给你念念这个吧 |
[35:01] | What’s that? | 什么东西? |
[35:03] | This? Nothing, just your deposition. | 这个?没什么 只是你的证词 |
[35:04] | My… how did you get – | 我的…你怎么拿到的? |
[35:06] | Listen, it’s fun. Okay. | 听着 很有趣的 |
[35:09] | “Question – Would you say your mother is a tolerant woman?” | “问: 你认为你的母亲是个宽容的人吗?” |
[35:12] | Oh boy. | 天哪 |
[35:13] | “Answer – Um, well, sure.” | “答: 嗯 那个 当然” |
[35:15] | What? I said you were. | 怎么?我说你是的 |
[35:17] | You said sure. | 你是说 当然 |
[35:18] | Which to most people means yes. | 一般人都会认为 那是”是”的意思 |
[35:19] | Yes, to most people, it does, but I’ve heard you say sure, | 对一般人来说没错 可我听过你说”当然” |
[35:22] | and your sure is always sarcastic. | 你的”当然”总是带有讽刺的意味 |
[35:23] | I do not have a sarcastic sure… | 没有吧… |
[35:25] | Do I? | 有吗? |
[35:27] | Pick spot on carpet and stare. | 你就安静听着吧 |
[35:29] | “Question – Why has your mother dismissed maids in the past?” | “问: 你母亲为什么解雇过去的那些女佣?” |
[35:32] | – Mom. – “Answer – Different reasons.” | – 妈 – “答: 各种理由” |
[35:33] | Well, that’s true, right? | 这是事实 对吗? |
[35:35] | “Can you expand on that? | “能具体说说吗?” |
[35:36] | Answer – Gee, how much time do you have?” | “答: 天 你有多少时间?” |
[35:39] | Okay, see… | 你看… |
[35:40] | “I mean, if you guys have a lunch or an afternoon squash game or something… | “我是说 你们要不要去吃午餐 或者去打壁球什么的? |
[35:43] | you look like the kind of guys who play squash. | 你们看上去像是会打壁球的人 |
[35:45] | And hey, why’s it called squash? | 嘿 为什么壁球叫”squash”(南瓜)? |
[35:47] | Is it something to do with the fruit? Or vegetable, right? | 是和水果或蔬菜有关 对吗? |
[35:50] | A squash is a vegetable, though if you ask me, | 南瓜是蔬菜的一种 不过如果你问我 |
[35:52] | it’s gross no matter what you call it. | 那东西不管叫什么都挺恶心的 |
[35:54] | Well, anyway, what I’m saying is you might want to clear your afternoon.” | 不论怎样 我的意思是 你们应该腾出整个下午听我说原因” |
[35:57] | I was flustered. He was using lawyer tricks. | 我的脑子当时很混乱 那个律师在耍手段套我话呢 |
[36:00] | By asking you to expand? | “叫你具体说说”就是耍手段? |
[36:02] | Now you decide to pipe in? | 你现在要发表意见啦? |
[36:03] | Didn’t I tell you this was important, Lorelai? | 我有没有说过这很重要 Lorelai? |
[36:05] | Yes, you did. | 说过 |
[36:05] | So, in spite of the fact that I told you it was important, | 尽管我说过这很重要 |
[36:08] | you couldn’t find it in your heart to put aside | 你还是无法把你内心深处 |
[36:09] | your personal antagonism toward me for one day and help me out. | 对我的敌意暂时排除一天 给我一点帮助 |
[36:12] | Mom, this is not fair. | 妈 这么说不公平 |
[36:14] | I said a lot of nice things about you in there. | 我也说了很多你的好话 |
[36:16] | Oh really? | 噢 是吗? |
[36:17] | “Would you say your mother sets impossible goals | “你是否认为你母亲提出过于苛刻的要求 |
[36:20] | which people cannot help but fail to reach, | 让人难以达到和完成 |
[36:22] | thereby reinforcing her already formed opinion of their deficiencies? | 从而加深了她对别人的不满? |
[36:26] | Answer – Only for her daughter.” | 答: 她只对她女儿这样” |
[36:28] | Okay, not there, but keep flipping. | 好吧 不是那句 往后翻 |
[36:30] | I’m sorry to interrupt, but dinner is ready Mrs. Gilmore. | 对不起打扰 晚餐准备好了Gilmore夫人 |
[36:32] | Dinner, hey! Dinner’s ready. | 晚餐 嘿 晚餐好了! |
[36:35] | Who’s hungry besides me? | 除了我还有谁饿了? |
[36:39] | I’d keep it warm. We’re gonna be here awhile. | 先保温吧 我们等会再吃 |
[36:41] | Okay, go ahead. | 好吧 继续念 |
[36:43] | “Would you call your mother an extremely critical woman? | “你认为你母亲是个极为挑剔的女人吗? |
[36:46] | Long pause.” | 长时间的停顿” |
[36:47] | Why was there a long pause, Lorelai? | 干吗停那么久 Lorelai? |
[36:49] | Because I was deliberately trying to hurt you, Mom. | 因为我故意要中伤你 妈 |
[36:52] | “On a scale from one to ten, | “从1到10… |
[36:54] | what would you rate your mother in terms of compassion for others’ feelings?” | 你给你母亲的同情心打几分?” |
[36:57] | Wanna guess what she said? | 想猜猜她说什么? |
[36:58] | – No, thank you. – Mom. | – 不了 谢谢 – 妈 |
[37:00] | Hang on a second, Lorelai. I just want to skip to the Ben Hur reference. | 等等 Lorelai 我正在找你引用”宾虚”的那段 |
[37:05] | Yeah, I did. | 是的 我说了 |
[37:49] | Sookie, I’m home. I got the… | Sookie 我回来了 我带了… |
[37:52] | – Surprise! – What is this? | – 惊喜! – 这是什么? |
[37:53] | – I made you dinner. – It smells terrific. | – 我做了晚餐 – 闻着真香啊 |
[37:56] | Lamb chops with Sicilian olives, rosemary and garlic, | 羊排配西西里橄榄油 迷迭香和大蒜 |
[37:59] | a warm potato and chorizo salad. | 土豆香肠沙拉 |
[38:01] | I love lamb chops with Sicilian olives | 我喜欢羊排配西西里橄榄油 |
[38:03] | and garlic, and a warm potato and chorizo salad. | 和大蒜 还有土豆香肠沙拉 |
[38:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:07] | – What’s that? – Beef jerky. | – 那是什么? – 牛肉干 |
[38:08] | You made beef jerky for me. | 你给我做了牛肉干啊 |
[38:10] | And there’s cornbread, and fried marshmallow pie for dessert. | 还有小麦面包 以及煎棉花糖派作甜点 |
[38:13] | And you have CCR on. | 你在放CCR的歌 |
[38:14] | Well, you like CCR. | 你喜欢CCR嘛 |
[38:15] | I know I like CCR, you don’t like CCR. | 我是喜欢CCR 但你不喜欢啊 |
[38:18] | Sometimes I like CCR, and tonight I like CCR. | 有时我也会 今晚就喜欢 |
[38:21] | – You cheated on me! – No. | – 你偷汉子啦! – 没有 |
[38:23] | – Oh my God. – I just flirted accidentally! | – 天哪 – 我只是很偶然地调了一下情! |
[38:26] | – Turn it off. – Let me explain. | – 把音乐关了! – 听我解释 |
[38:28] | Every time I hear it now, it’ll remind me that my wife cheated on me. | 以后我每次听到这歌 就会想起我老婆对我不忠 |
[38:31] | Flirted – accidentally! | 调情 是意外啊! |
[38:33] | You ruined Creedence for me! | 你毁了清水合唱团! |
[38:38] | I’m going to bed. | 我去睡了 |
[38:39] | At nine-thirty? | 九点半就睡? |
[38:41] | Yeah, well, going a whole day without talking to anyone | 是啊 一整天不讲话 |
[38:43] | is a lot more tiring than you think. | 比想象中的累多了 |
[38:44] | I hate those girls. | 我讨厌那些女孩子 |
[38:45] | It’s fine. It was the first lunch that didn’t start with a recitation | 没事 这是第一顿午餐不以 |
[38:48] | of the calorie content of everything on the table, | 复述桌上每种食物的 卡路里含量而开始 |
[38:50] | so actually it was kind of a relief. | 有点解脱的感觉 |
[38:52] | I hate them anyhow. | 我还是恨她们 |
[38:53] | – Night. – Night babe. | – 晚安 – 晚安 宝贝 |
[39:02] | Hello? | 你好? |
[39:03] | Lorelai, it’s Alex Lesman. | Lorelai 我是Alex Lesman |
[39:04] | We met at The Learning Center the other day. | 我们在学习中心见过 |
[39:06] | My friend accidentally asked your friend out on a date. | 我朋友冒昧地向你朋友提出约会 |
[39:08] | – Right, hi. – How are ya? | – 对 你好 – 最近好吗? |
[39:10] | – I’m good. – Fat Sal sends his love. | – 不错 – Fat Sal问你好 |
[39:12] | Right back at him. | 也替我问他好 |
[39:13] | Look, I know this must seem kind of out of the blue. | 听着 这挺突然的 |
[39:15] | You’re probably wondering how I got your number. | 你一定在想我是怎么 拿到你的电话号码的 |
[39:16] | Information? | 查咨询台? |
[39:17] | No, that would’ve been far too logical. | 不是 那样就太扯了 |
[39:19] | I actually called your inn. I was gonna leave a message, | 其实我打去你的旅馆 想留个口信 |
[39:21] | but this French guy just gave me your home number. | 但那个法国人把你家电话给我了 |
[39:23] | Said I shouldn’t worry about calling too late, | 说我不必担心这么晚会打扰你 |
[39:25] | that you usually stay up ‘til three, four in the morning. | 你通常三四点才睡 |
[39:27] | Yeah, don’t worry about him, he’s getting fired tomorrow. | 是的 别理他 明天就炒了他 |
[39:29] | So, what’s up? | 恩 有什么事吗? |
[39:30] | Well, I was wondering something. | 我想拜托你点事 |
[39:32] | On weekends, I like to go to different coffee shops, | 每个周末 我都会去几家咖啡店 |
[39:35] | try their coffee, look at what they’re doing. | 尝尝咖啡 看看他们的经营状况 |
[39:37] | See if there’s anything you can steal and possibly disguise as your own? | 想偷师学艺? |
[39:39] | Exactly, kind of a low-rent corporate espionage. | 没错 像雇个低价商业间谍一样 |
[39:42] | Anyway, sometimes I’ll hit two coffee shops that have surprisingly similar product, | 总之 有时我会碰到两家的东西差不多 |
[39:45] | and I for the life of me cannot decide which one is better. | 无法区分哪个更好些 |
[39:48] | – Bummer. – Yes, bummer, | – 糟糕 – 是啊 糟糕了 |
[39:49] | so I thought it would really help to have another person there | 所以我就想 如果有个人在身边 |
[39:52] | who could help me make these crucial evaluations. | 帮我做些选择 那该多好啊 |
[39:54] | Interesting solution to a fascinating problem. | 这是个很不错的方法 |
[39:56] | So I was wondering what you were doing this Saturday. | 所以我就想问问看 这个星期六你有什么安排 |
[39:58] | You know, it’s funny you should ask me this, | 你找到我还真不错 |
[39:59] | because I just happen to be one of the world’s foremost coffee experts. | 我恰巧是全世界最好的咖啡专家之一 |
[40:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[40:03] | Oh, yeah, it’s basically just me | 是的 基本上只有我 |
[40:05] | and this guy named Chuckles in Brazil. | 和那个叫Chuckles巴西人称得上 |
[40:07] | Sounds like fate. | 天意啊 |
[40:08] | So, what do you say? | 那你答应啦? |
[40:09] | – Sure. – Great. | – 当然啦 – 太棒了 |
[40:11] | Just to be on the safe side, you do know this is a date, right? | 保险起见 你知道这是个约会吧? |
[40:13] | – Oh, yeah, I got that. – Good. | – 是啊 我知道 – 那就好 |
[40:16] | So, you guys come up with a name for your place yet? | 你们想好店名了么? |
[40:18] | Right now, the top contender is Sludge. | 目前来说 最有希望的是Sludge (淤泥, 又有下流的意思) |
[40:20] | Excuse me? | 啊? |
[40:22] | Moving on, my partner likes Regular Joe. | 接着说 我搭档想叫Regular Joe |
[40:24] | Then again, his name is Joe. | 因为他叫Joe嘛 |
[40:26] | Well, fancy that. | 可以想象 |
[40:28] | So, still won’t let go of The Mudhouse, huh? | 你还是不肯放弃The Mudhouse 恩? |
[40:30] | Afraid not. What else you got? | 是的 你还想到什么别的? |
[40:33] | Well, okay, how about Black Liquid Hope Sold Here? | 这个如何”Black Liquid Hope Sold Here” (这里出售黑色液体希望)? |
[40:36] | See, now you’re making some progress. | 看 有进步了吧 |
[40:45] | Synchro: Amariss – www.foromfr.com – |