时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 你外祖母和我已经和好了 | |
[00:04] | 下周你父亲和我准备重温一下结婚誓言 | |
[00:06] | 我应该花些时间陪你一起 没有附加条件的 | |
[00:13] | – 外婆要拍照片 – 这时候? | |
[00:15] | Lorelai 我俩之间的关系 | |
[00:19] | 我只是想让你知道 我很认真 真的很认真 | |
[00:22] | 他完全不适合Lorelai | |
[00:24] | 如果你想和Lorelai还有可能 你最好做点啥 | |
[00:27] | 进来吧 老朋友 | |
[00:28] | 我能说的就是 他父亲去世了 我去安慰他 | |
[00:31] | 带了龙舌兰 我们喝了一夜酒 就我们俩 | |
[00:34] | 他不需要知道 他还是不知道的好 | |
[00:36] | Christopher的父亲前几周去世了 有晚我过去了 | |
[00:40] | 我们聊天喝酒 就像两个老朋友一起打发时间 就这些 | |
[00:43] | 你去他那里了 | |
[00:44] | – 别啊 我只是不想让你觉得被蒙在鼓里 – 是啊 那样太糟了 | |
[00:48] | – Lorelai是和我一起的 – Lorelai和我是天生一对 | |
[00:51] | 人人都知道 我知道 Emily知道 | |
[00:53] | – Luke 我不知道他在说什么 – 我得离开这 | |
[00:57] | Get away from me, Christopher. | 离我远点 Christopher |
[00:58] | – I just want to talk. – Get some coffee, Christopher! | – 我只是想跟你谈谈 – 喝你咖啡去 Christopher! |
[01:00] | This wasn’t the way I wanted it to go down. | 我也不想事情发展成这样的 |
[01:02] | I wanted to get you alone and – what are you doing? | 我只是想你能单独见我然后… 你要干什么? |
[01:04] | I’m going after Luke! | 我要去追Luke! |
[01:05] | Oh, there you are! | 噢 原来你在这! |
[01:07] | I’ve got her! | 我找到她了! |
[01:09] | Oh, you cannot keep a room full of Anglo-Saxons waiting for cake this long! | 你不能让一屋子的盎格鲁撒克逊人 等蛋糕等那么久 |
[01:15] | They start to form more clubs. | 他们都要开始打架了 |
[01:18] | Take her, take her, take her! | 她来了 她来了 她来了 |
[01:19] | All right, wonderful. There we are. | 好 好极了 可以了 |
[01:23] | Okay. Everyone, in just a little closer. | Okay 大家再靠近一点 |
[01:26] | That’s perfect, hold that. | 非常好 别动 |
[01:30] | You and me, we’re done. | 我和你 我们完了 |
[01:32] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[01:37] | Are you leaving? | 你要走了吗? |
[01:38] | Party’s over. It is so over. | 派对结束了 彻底结束了 |
[01:40] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[01:41] | Yeah. I’m fine. It’s just time to go. | 我很好 只是到时间该走了 |
[01:43] | Are we okay? I mean, that wasn’t exactly my proudest moment. | 你没生我的气吧? 我是我刚才的事可不值得骄傲 |
[01:46] | Aw, honey. You’re the daughter of a woman | 哦 亲爱的 你是我的女儿 |
[01:48] | who has had no end of less than proud moments. Don’t worry. | 我”不值得骄傲的事”多了去了 别担心 |
[01:51] | Luke was so mad. | Luke很生气 |
[01:53] | That’s because to Luke you’re still ten years old wearing feathered angel’s wings | 那是因为在Luke眼里你还是 戴着羽毛天使翅膀的十岁小女孩 |
[01:56] | going door-to-door inviting people to a caterpillar’s funeral. | 挨家挨户敲门邀请人们 去参加毛虫的葬礼 |
[01:58] | Oh, now, I did that once. | 噢 我的确这么做过一次 |
[01:59] | – Luke is fine. – I hope so. | – Luke没事 – 希望如此 |
[02:01] | Look, go back in. Catch up with Logan. Tell him everything is fine. | 听着 进去吧 去找Logan 告诉他没事 |
[02:06] | He went right to his car, he split. | 他直接上车跑了 |
[02:07] | I don’t blame the boy. | 也不能怪他 |
[02:09] | And what’s with you and Grandma? | 还有 你和外婆是怎么回事? |
[02:10] | – All these questions! – Sorry. | – 问那么多干吗 – 对不起 |
[02:13] | Look. Go back in, huh? Make the best of things. | 回去吧 随遇而安就好 |
[02:16] | Luke is just, um, bringing the car around. I’ll talk to you later. | Luke只是 嗯 去取车了 晚点再跟你说 |
[02:19] | Are you sure we’re good? | 你确定你没生我的气吗? |
[02:21] | Always. | 永远不会 |
[02:22] | ‘Kay. Bye, Mom. | 那好 拜拜 妈妈 |
[02:23] | Bye, mister. | 拜拜 先生 |
[02:27] | Oh, excuse me. I’m going to need a cab, please? | 不好意思 请帮我叫辆出租车 |
[02:29] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[02:30] | There you are. I’d love to get a few more shots in. | 原来你在这 我还想多给你照几张 |
[02:33] | Yeah, so would I. | 是啊 我跟你想的一样 |
[03:53] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:54] | I was just on my break. | 正好是我的休息时间 |
[03:55] | Oh, that’s no problem. Caesar, listen – | 没事的 Caesar 听着 |
[03:56] | I clocked out too, so it should say so on my time card. | 我已经记录下班时间了 你可以看考勤表 |
[03:59] | Right. | 好的 |
[03:59] | Although the ink is kinda weak and faded. It’s really hard to see. | 可能墨水比较浅还有点褪色 所以很难看清楚 |
[04:02] | That’s fine. Great. | 没事 |
[04:04] | Caesar, is Luke back yet? | Caesar Luke回来了吗? |
[04:05] | Didn’t you guys go somewhere tonight? | 你们俩今晚不是一起出去了吗? |
[04:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:07] | Did you get separated or something? | 你们分开了什么的? |
[04:08] | Something like that. So have you seen him? | 差不多 你看到他没有? |
[04:10] | Not unless I fell asleep. | 没有 除非我睡着了 |
[04:12] | And I never fall asleep. | 但我上班的时候从来不睡觉 |
[04:13] | Well, so if you didn’t fall asleep you know for a fact he’s not back. | 你没睡着 那你确定他没回来了 |
[04:16] | Right. | 对 |
[04:17] | So you didn’t come back together, huh? | 你们没有一起回来了? |
[04:19] | Long story. Getting kinda late, so – | 说来话长 有点晚了 所以 |
[04:21] | If I see him, should I tell him to call you? | 如果我看见他 需要叫他打给你吗? |
[04:23] | Yes, please. | 是的 谢谢了 |
[04:24] | Okay. And, if you talk to him, could you maybe not mention the radio, or eating the pie? | 好 你可不可以不要跟他提起 收音机和吃馅饼的事? |
[04:28] | He hates when I eat out of the pie plate. | 他讨厌我直接就着馅饼盘吃东西 |
[04:30] | You were eating out of the pie plate? | 你直接就着馅饼盘吃东西? |
[04:31] | No. No. | 没有没有 |
[04:33] | Well, thanks, Caesar. See ya. | 谢了 Caesar 再见 |
[04:34] | I’ve got lots of work to do, and I’m hankering to get to it. | 我还有很多工作要做 而且我迫不及待想去做了 |
[04:37] | Okay. Bye. | 好 拜拜 |
[04:39] | Lorelai! Hey! | Lorelai 嗨 |
[04:40] | Hi! Babette! Hey, Morey. | 嗨 Babette 嘿 Morey |
[04:42] | Hey, Lorelai. | 嘿 Lorelai |
[04:43] | Look at you all dolled up and walking the street. | 看看 你穿得多漂亮 走在街上 |
[04:45] | I’m not calling you a hooker or nothing. | 我一点没有说你是妓女的意思 |
[04:47] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:49] | Hey, um, did you guys pass Luke, or see his truck any time tonight? | 嘿 你们今晚有看到Luke或他的车吗? |
[04:53] | – You’re not with Luke? – Not at the moment. | – 你没和Luke一起吗? – 现在没有 |
[04:56] | What? | 怎么了? |
[04:57] | Didn’t you go to your parents’ wedding thing tonight? | 你们今晚不是去了你父母的婚礼吗? |
[04:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:00] | What? | 怎么了? |
[05:01] | You didn’t come back together? | 你们没有一起回来? |
[05:02] | Well, of course we did. We’re just not together at the moment. | 我们当然一起回来的 只是现在没有在一起 |
[05:05] | Would you guys stop doing that? | 你们能不能别这样了? |
[05:06] | Everything’s all right between the two of you, isn’t it? | 你们两个一切都好吧? |
[05:08] | – Of course it is. – I hope so. | – 当然了 – 希望如此 |
[05:10] | Otherwise Taylor would go crazy. | 不然Taylor会发疯的 |
[05:12] | He’s got all these contingency plans, remember, in case you guys split? | 他准备了各种应变计划 以防你们两个分手 还记得吗? |
[05:15] | He’s worried what it would do to the town. | 他是担心这件事对小镇的影响 |
[05:17] | Big anal creep. | 真是个大怪胎 |
[05:18] | Well, there’s no splitting happening here. Everything’s fine. | 没有人会分手 一切都很好 |
[05:20] | Good. | 那就好 |
[05:21] | Well, we’d better be going. Take care, doll. | 我们得走了 当心点 美女 |
[05:23] | Talk to you guys later. Bye. | 以后再聊 拜拜 |
[05:37] | Luke, it’s, uh, me. Again. | Luke 是..嗯…我 又是我 |
[05:41] | Well, another very exciting night comes to a close, huh? | 这个令人激动的夜晚快结束了 是吧? |
[05:45] | Um, I don’t think you’re home, so I’m going home. | 我想你不在家 所以我回家去了 |
[05:48] | Um, I’ll leave my cell phone on, or call me at home. | 我会开着手机 或者打我家座机 |
[05:51] | Anytime you want. ‘Kay. Bye. | 什么时候打都可以 好 拜拜 |
[05:53] | Just please, call me, okay? ‘Bye. | 请一定要打给我 好吗 拜拜 |
[06:14] | Paris | Paris! |
[06:20] | Paris | Paris. |
[06:22] | Paris | Paris! |
[06:24] | Are you asleep? | 你睡着了吗? |
[06:25] | Don’t turn the light on. | 不要开灯 |
[06:27] | Aah! I said don’t turn the light on! | 我说了不要开灯 |
[06:29] | I didn’t hear the ‘don’t’. | 我没有听见不字 |
[06:30] | Why do you think I would tell you to turn on the light when I’m dead asleep? | 为什么你觉得我睡得正香 的时候会叫你开灯? |
[06:32] | I didn’t know you were dead asleep. | 我不知道你睡着了 |
[06:33] | The room is dark. | 房间里很暗 |
[06:34] | I’m under the covers and completely immobile. | 我盖着被子 而且一动不动 |
[06:37] | Deduce, Sherlock. | 推理一下 福尔摩斯 |
[06:38] | Well, you’re awake now. Can I ask you a question? | 既然你现在醒了 我能问你个问题吗? |
[06:39] | Bite me. | 杀了我吧 |
[06:40] | Were there any messages for me? | 有我的留言吗? |
[06:42] | Yes. | 有 |
[06:42] | Four other people called and asked that you bite me. | 四个人打电话来让你杀了我 |
[06:45] | Look, I’m serious here. Come on, Paris. | 我是认真的 别啊 Paris |
[06:48] | It is especially important tonight that, if there was a message for me, | 今晚特别重要 如果有我的留言 |
[06:51] | that that message gets to me. | 我得知道 |
[06:52] | If there was a message, I would have left it on the message board. | 如果有留言 我会写在留言板上 |
[06:55] | The board is blank. And you are not the most reliable message leaver. | 板上是空的 不过让你写留言可不大可靠 |
[06:58] | No messages. | 没有留言 |
[07:00] | Okay. I don’t mean to insult you, but are you maybe telling me there’s no message | 好 无意冒犯 但有没有可能 你告诉我没留言 |
[07:04] | because you’re mad that I woke you and there really was a message? | 是因为你生气我叫醒你 而事实上有留言 |
[07:06] | Oh, my God, you’re annoying tonight! | 噢 天哪 你今晚真烦人! |
[07:08] | What’s with being all k. d.lang? | 你怎么穿的像K.D.Lang? |
[07:10] | It was for my grandparents’ vow renewal. I was the best man. | 是为了我外婆外公的 重温结婚誓言仪式 我是伴郎 |
[07:13] | Is that kinky or something? | 这不是很怪吗? |
[07:14] | It was a cute thing. | 我觉得很可爱 |
[07:15] | So, who’s the boy? | 那个男生是谁? |
[07:16] | What boy? | 什么男生? |
[07:17] | The boy you’re dying to get a message from. | 就是你得留言想的要死那个男生 |
[07:19] | I assume it’s a boy. | 我想应该是个男生 |
[07:20] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[07:21] | Well, no one called, left a note, smoke signaled, | 没有人打电话来 留下字条 烟雾信号 |
[07:25] | Morse coded, semaphore flagged or came by. | 摩斯密码 信号旗 或者拜访 |
[07:27] | Male, female or hermaphrodite. | 不管男性 女性还是双性人 |
[07:29] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢了 |
[07:31] | I’m wide awake. It’s your fault. | 我现在完全醒了 都是你的错 |
[07:33] | – You owe me Boggle. – Paris – | – 你得和我玩拼字游戏 – Paris |
[07:34] | Boggle! | 拼字游戏 |
[07:35] | One game and then it’s back to bed! | 就一盘 然后就睡觉 |
[07:54] | Hey, Lorelai. | 嘿 Lorelai |
[07:57] | Kirk, you’re dripping wet. | Kirk 你身上都湿透了 |
[07:58] | Sweat is the curse of the b-boy. Mos Def. | 汗水是嘻哈舞者的诅咒 就像Mos Def |
[08:01] | So, are you feeling better? | 你感觉好点了吗? |
[08:03] | Yeah. I’m feeling fine, why? | 我很好 为什么这么问? |
[08:05] | Luke told me you weren’t feeling well. | Luke告诉我你不舒服 |
[08:06] | Luke? You’ve seen Luke? | Luke 你看见Luke了? |
[08:07] | He came into the movie theater. I’m on my break, | 他来电影院了 我现在是休息时间 |
[08:09] | so I figured I’d come down and bust a sweet move. | 所以我想出来运动一下出点汗 |
[08:12] | When, when? | 什么时候? |
[08:13] | Oh, about a half hour ago. | 大概半小时前 |
[08:16] | I asked about you and he said you weren’t feeling well. | 我跟他问起你 他说你不舒服 |
[08:18] | Then he rejected my ‘buy two Junior Mints, get a free hunk of onion beef jerky’ offer | 然后他拒绝了我推荐的薄荷糖 要了一块免费的洋葱牛肉干 |
[08:22] | with a disgusting profanity, then took a seat. | 那东西太恶心了 然后他就坐下了 |
[08:25] | So, he’s there now? | 那他现在还在那吗? |
[08:26] | Probably. Nothing’s up with you two, is there? | 可能 你们俩没什么事吧? |
[08:28] | I mean, you seem just fine. | 我是说你看起没生病啊 |
[08:29] | No, nothing. Nothing’s wrong at all. | 没事 一点问题都没有 |
[08:32] | Kirk, we have not broken up. | Kirk 我们没有分手 |
[08:33] | Well, why are you guys dressed up but not together? | 那为什么你们俩都 穿得很正式却没一起? |
[08:36] | Luke’s in a suit, which seems awfully formal for a movie theater that recycles its popcorn – | Luke穿着西装 对于去电影院 吃爆米花似乎太过正式了 |
[08:40] | Oh, well, we had a fancy event to go to, um, then I got the sniffles, | 我们本来要去一个高级的舞会 然后我就有点感冒 |
[08:44] | and so Luke decided to see a movie, but now I’m feeling better, so I came looking for him. | 所以Luke决定去看电影 但我现在感觉好多了 就来找他 |
[08:47] | I hope that’s true, ’cause Taylor would go nuts if you two broke up. | 希望是这样 因为如果你们分手了Taylor会疯掉的 |
[08:51] | Well, that is not the case, so there’s nothing to worry about. | 不会那样的 所以没什么好担心的 |
[08:53] | Do you think he’s still there? | 你认为他还在那里吗? |
[08:54] | The movie just started when I left. | 我走的时候电影刚开始 |
[08:56] | Great. Thanks a lot, Kirk. | 太好了 谢谢你 Kirk |
[08:57] | So I can go in without paying? | 我进去可以不付钱吗? |
[08:58] | – No! – Thank you. | – 不行 – 谢谢 |
[09:00] | My towel! | 我的毛巾! |
[09:22] | What are you watching? | 在看什么? |
[09:24] | Something stupid. | 愚蠢的东西 |
[09:32] | Man. They sure talked fast in these things. | 他们这里面说话可真快 |
[09:35] | Yep, they, uh, they did. | 对 的确 |
[09:39] | Fast. | 很快 |
[09:42] | I have been frantically trying to call your cell phone. | 我刚才疯了似的给你打手机 |
[09:44] | I turned it off. | 我关机了 |
[09:47] | That’s what I figured. | 我猜到了 |
[09:51] | So do you want to hear my explanations, ’cause I’ve got ’em. | 那你想听我的解释吗 因为我可以解释 |
[09:55] | Explanations, perspective, apologies, I’ve got ’em all, | 解释 想法 道歉 我有一肚子话 |
[09:58] | and I’m dying to share them with you. | 我非常想跟你说 |
[10:00] | I just need some time. | 我需要点时间 |
[10:02] | Time – | 时间 |
[10:03] | A little time, to think. | 一点时间…来思考 |
[10:06] | And to process. | 来消化 |
[10:08] | Right. | 好的 |
[10:11] | I get that. I get that. | 我懂了 我懂了 |
[10:16] | I just have so much I want to say to you. | 我只是有很多话想跟你说 |
[10:18] | Not right now. | 现在不行 |
[10:19] | I need to clear my head. | 我需要理一下思路 |
[10:27] | Okay. You’ll call me when you’re ready? | 好 你准备好了会打电话给我吧? |
[10:31] | – Yeah. – Okay. Good. | – 对 – 好 |
[10:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:38] | So, I should – | 那 我该… |
[10:58] | Figure as your little girls arrive, we’ll have them here in the living room. | 你的小姑娘们到达后 我们会安排她们在客厅 |
[11:01] | We’ll have the pocket doors to the dining room closed. | 我们会把通往餐厅的门关上 |
[11:04] | Then, when it’s time for breakfast, we’ll open the doors, and voila, the full, beautiful effect. | 早餐时间 我们会打开门 哇 多美丽的场景 |
[11:08] | Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[11:09] | We’ll have music with a nice little fanfare. You like Yanni? | 我们会演奏音乐 一点短曲 你喜欢雅尼吗? |
[11:11] | Hate him with every fiber of my being. | 太讨厌了 |
[11:13] | Oh, good, we’re in perfect sync. | 太好了 我们在这一点上非常一致 |
[11:14] | And then, we’ll have small-scale tables set with china, a silver tea service, | 然后有小的成套餐具 包括瓷器 银制茶具 |
[11:19] | little plates, little cups, and twelve little chairs for all of them to sit on. | 小盘子 小杯子 还有十二张小椅子给她们坐 |
[11:22] | – That’s so cute. – Yeah. | – 太可爱了 – 是啊 |
[11:24] | Wait, twelve? I thought there were six. Six little girls. | 等等 十二个?我以为只有六个 六个小女孩 |
[11:26] | Six girls and their six dolls. | 六个小女孩和她们的六个洋娃娃 |
[11:28] | I beg your pardon? | 不好意思 你说什么? |
[11:29] | This is a pancake breakfast for the girls and their dolls. | 我们将会为小女孩和 她们的洋娃娃提供薄饼早餐 |
[11:31] | Get out of town. | 你不是吧 |
[11:33] | I thought you knew that. | 我以为你知道 |
[11:34] | Dolls, as in they don’t have stomachs, lungs or spleens? | 洋娃娃 它们都没有胃肺脾 |
[11:36] | And we are serving them breakfast? | 我们要为它们提供早餐? |
[11:38] | That’s right. | 对 |
[11:39] | Teeth? Throat? Colons? They don’t have these things either? | 牙齿 喉咙 肠 它们也没有这些 |
[11:41] | Unless they are Brides of Chucky. | 除非它们是”鬼娃新娘” |
[11:42] | I’m not paying attention to you anymore. | 我懒得理你了 |
[11:44] | All right, well, I’ll order everything, and all you have to do is show up. | 好了 我会准备好一切 到时候你只需出现就行了 |
[11:47] | The girls are looking forward to this. So are the dolls! | 女孩们很期待呢 洋娃娃们也是! |
[11:50] | Aw, love that. | 噢 我喜欢 |
[11:51] | – ‘Bye. – Okay, bye. | – 拜拜 – 好 拜拜 |
[11:54] | Is she psychotic? | 她是不是有神经病? |
[11:58] | It’s silly fun, Michel, girls love dolls. Chill. | 只是爱好有点可笑 Michel 小女孩喜欢洋娃娃 |
[12:02] | I’m making little pancakes for the dolls, and I found these little forks they can use. | 我正在为洋娃娃做小煎饼 我还找到了这些小叉子可以让它们用 |
[12:06] | They do not have opposable thumbs! | 他们的指头都没法用! |
[12:08] | Who, the girls? Oh, this is a handicapped group! Poor things. | 谁 女孩们吗? 这是个残疾团体 真可怜 |
[12:11] | No, the dolls. | 不是 我是说洋娃娃 |
[12:12] | The dolls? How can a doll be handicapped? | 洋娃娃?洋娃娃怎么可能残废? |
[12:14] | My point exactly! They are plastic and made in Banglagor! | 我就是这个意思!它们是塑料的 |
[12:17] | We’re doing this. So hop on board, or hop off. | 这活我们接定了 做不做随你 |
[12:19] | Okay! You don’t need to snap my nose off! | 好!不用对我气势汹汹的! |
[12:22] | He’s getting on your nerves, huh? | 他惹你心烦了? |
[12:24] | Completely. | 绝对是 |
[12:25] | I’m starving. | 我要饿死了 |
[12:26] | Didn’t you have anything at Luke’s today? | 你今天没有在Luke餐馆吃点什么吗? |
[12:28] | Not today. | 今天没有 |
[12:30] | There’s no food in this fridge. | 这冰箱里没有吃的 |
[12:31] | It’s stuffed with food. | 里面塞满了食物 |
[12:32] | Food that’s edible. Food to consume. Everything in here you have to cook. | 我要可以直接吃的食物 这里所有东西都要煮了才能吃 |
[12:36] | – I’m a cook. – Oh, forget it. | – 我是个厨师 – 算了 |
[12:39] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[12:40] | Nothing. Luke and I had a little disagreement last night. | 没事 我和Luke昨晚有点小争执 |
[12:43] | At the wedding? What happened? | 在婚礼上吗?发生什么事了? |
[12:44] | – Christopher showed up. – Oh, no. | – Christopher来了 – 噢 不是吧 |
[12:46] | – My mother invited him. – Oh, no! | – 我妈邀请了他 – 噢 不是吧 |
[12:48] | And I hadn’t exactly told Luke about that tequila night with Chris after his dad died, | 而且我没有告诉Luke Chris的父亲 去世后我和他一起喝酒那晚的事 |
[12:53] | so I told him and there was a big blow-up. Chris went nuts, Luke went nuts, | 我告诉他后他们大吵了一架 Chris疯了 Luke也疯了 |
[12:56] | and he got mad, and he left. And now he says he needs time to think. | 然后他很生气 离开了 现在他说需要点时间来思考 |
[13:01] | How much time? | 多长时间? |
[13:02] | He just said, ‘Time’. | 他只说了时间 |
[13:03] | Ooh, I hate when men do that. It’s so vague. | 我讨厌男人这样 含含糊糊 |
[13:05] | I should have told him when it happened. But I blew it. | 我当时就应该告诉他 但是我搞砸了 |
[13:09] | Now, if he’d just give me ten minutes we could hash it out and be back on our way, | 现在如果他可以给我十分钟 我就可以解释清楚 我们就可以恢复正常 |
[13:13] | and not waste time. What’s enough time? | 也不用浪费时间了 多长时间才够? |
[13:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:16] | It’s been twelve hours. That enough? | 已经十二个小时了 还不够吗? |
[13:18] | I’d say no. | 我觉得不够 |
[13:19] | I’ll be distracted until we fix this. | 在我们解决这事之前我肯定会一直心烦意乱 |
[13:21] | Well, don’t worry, because when a relationship is right, things work out. | 别担心 因为只要是天生一对 解决自然会解决的 |
[13:25] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[13:26] | I heard about this couple on one of those morning show, | 我在一档早间节目中听到了 一对恋人的故事 |
[13:29] | similar to you guys – all lovey-dovey, perfect for each other, you know, headed for marriage – | 和你们俩很像 非常相爱 很般配 要结婚那种 |
[13:34] | and something happened, and they broke up in their senior year of college, | 然后发生了一些事 他们在大四的时候分手了 |
[13:38] | even though they were madly in love with each other. | 即便如此 他们俩还是深爱着对方 |
[13:40] | They moved to different parts of the country. They married different people. | 他们搬到了不同的地方 和其他人结了婚 |
[13:45] | They married different people? | 他们和其他人结婚了? |
[13:46] | Oh, had kids, grandkids. Then their spouses died, oh, and they were available again, | 然后有了孩子 孙子 然后他们的 另一半都去世了 他们又单身了 |
[13:51] | and they talked and they hooked up, and now they’re together | 然后他们聊天叙旧 现在他们又在一起了 |
[13:55] | and they’re happily in love after forty years apart. Uh! | 分开四十年 他们终于幸福地在一起了 哦! |
[14:00] | That’s a horrible story! | 真是个糟糕的故事! |
[14:02] | No, it’s not! | 不糟糕! |
[14:03] | What morning show was that on? I hate that story! | 是什么早间节目播的? 我讨厌这个故事! |
[14:05] | But they ended up together! | 但是他们最后在一起了! |
[14:06] | Was it Katie Couric? She seems very dark to me. | 是Katie Couric的节目吗? 我觉得她很灰暗 |
[14:08] | The point is that even if it takes forty years to figure it out, | 故事的重点是即使要花 四十年来解决问题 |
[14:11] | there’s still a chance for a happy ending! | 仍然可能有幸福的结局! |
[14:13] | But that’s all they had! An ending! I don’t want to have just an ending with Luke! | 但他们也就只有幸福的结局 我不想和Luke只有结局! |
[14:16] | I know, but – | 我知道 但是… |
[14:17] | I don’t want to have those stupid kids or those ugly grandkids with that loser other guy! | 我不想其他衰人 生一些愚蠢的孩子和丑陋的孙子 |
[14:20] | You don’t know, he could be a nice guy. | 你又不知道 他可能是个好男人 |
[14:22] | Even if he’s a nice, guy, he’s not the guy I want to be with! | 就算他是个好男人 他也不是我想要的人 |
[14:24] | You’re right. It’s not fair to him. | 你是对的 这对他不公平 |
[14:26] | It’s not fair to him, it’s dishonest. | 不公平 而且不忠诚 |
[14:27] | We should name the other guy. I feel like he’d be a Larry. | 我们应该给这个其他男人取个名字 我觉得他应该叫Larry |
[14:30] | We’re not naming the other guy. | 不要给他取名字 |
[14:31] | Okay. I guess it was a bad example. | 我想这个例子举得不好 |
[14:33] | – Sorry. – Oh, it’s okay. | – 对不起 – 没事 |
[14:35] | But you know, I read a story about another guy that had a fight with his girlfriend, | 但是我看了另一个男人的故事 他和女朋友吵架了 |
[14:41] | and he said he needed like a week to think it over, and he only needed a day. | 他说他需要大概一周来想想 但他只用了一天 |
[14:44] | And he and the girl were back together and were happy forever. | 然后他和女朋友和好了 永远幸福地生活在一起 |
[14:47] | No Larry, or loser kids, or anything. | 没有Larry 或衰人的孩子什么的 |
[14:50] | They don’t put stuff like that in the newspapers, ’cause it’s not as sexy as the forty year story, | 他们不把这种故事刊登在报纸上 因为它没有那种四十年的故事吸引人 |
[14:54] | but it happens all the time, really. | 但是这种事经常发生 真的 |
[14:56] | – Thanks for making that up. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你编了这个故事 – 不客气 |
[14:58] | I’m going to go take a walk. I’ve got some errands to run. | 我出去走走 有几件事要办 |
[15:01] | Good. Clear your head. | 好 让你的头脑清醒一下 |
[15:04] | – And it was Katie Couric. – I knew it. | – 那个故事是Katie Couric的节目播的 – 我就知道 |
[15:10] | Don’t forget the raisin bran. It’s good for you. Keeps you moving. | 别忘了要葡萄干麦麸 对你有好处 让你可以动 |
[15:13] | Whatever that means. | 管它有什么好处 |
[15:14] | Ew, I just got what that means! | 我刚刚知道有什么好处了! |
[15:17] | Cognitive skills are slow today. Grab some Corn Flakes. | 今天的认知能力慢了点 要点玉米片 |
[15:19] | Nietzsche and Lichtenstein went ape guano over Corn Flakes. | 尼采和德国人发疯一样喜欢玉米片 |
[15:22] | They make you smart, German and depressed. | 它们让还你聪明 有理性 抑郁 |
[15:24] | Why do they have so much Wheat Chex? It doesn’t go with anything. | 你为什么要那么多Wheat Chex面包? 它又没什么讲究 |
[15:27] | Wheat Chex are sort of the pumpernickel bread of the cereal world. | 在谷类食物中 Wheat Chex面包是 裸粉粗面包面包的一种 |
[15:29] | Well put. | 那就要吧 |
[15:30] | So what combo are you thinking today? | 你今天想吃什么套餐? |
[15:32] | Cap’n Crunch over a foundation of Rice Krispies, with a perimeter of Shredded Wheat. | Rice Krispies上面加”嘎吱船长”麦片 边上再撒一圈小麦片 |
[15:36] | – Bold. – I like its prospects. | – 你真行 – 我喜欢那个样子 |
[15:37] | – I love cereal. – It rocks. | – 我喜欢谷类食物 – 很酷 |
[15:42] | So, you never told me who the guy was. | 你还没告诉我那个男生是谁? |
[15:44] | Guy? | 男生? |
[15:45] | The guy you were dying for a message from? | 你急切想得到他留言的男生 |
[15:47] | The guy who has you yoked to your cell phone? | 让你手机不离手的那个男生 |
[15:48] | I am not yoked to my cell phone. I can’t hear it when it’s in my pocket. | 我才没有手机不离手 如果我把它放在口袋里就听不见了 |
[15:52] | Oh, God! Tell me it’s not Huntzberger. | 噢 天哪!别告诉我是Huntzberger |
[15:54] | What if it is? | 如果是呢? |
[15:55] | With the hair, and the chin like he’s the fourth Bee Gee? | 瞧他那头发 脸蛋 就像自己是第四个Bee Gee |
[15:57] | You know, I could put the phone away if it’s bothering you. | 如果让你心烦 我可以把手机收起来 |
[15:59] | Don’t. That pathetic boat you’re in? I’m first oarsman. | 不用 我可是跟你上了同一条船 |
[16:03] | – How so? – I’m waiting for Doyle to call. | – 什么意思? – 我在等Doyle打电话给我 |
[16:05] | I expected a call yesterday to set something up for last night, but it never came. | 我希望他昨天能打来 晚上安排点节目 但一直没打来 |
[16:09] | So I ate a family-sized bag of salt and vinegar potato chips and went to bed at seven-thirty. | 所以我蘸着番茄酱 吃了一大包乐事薯条 七点半就睡了 |
[16:13] | That was the smell. | 原来是这个味道 |
[16:14] | We’re better than this, you and me. | 我们不应该是这样 |
[16:16] | We’re the children of Emma Goldman and Hillary Clinton. | 我们是Emma Goldman和希拉里·克林顿 的后代 |
[16:19] | Strong, independent. We’re better than this. | 坚强 独立 我们应该过得比现在好 |
[16:21] | Apparently not. | 显然不是 |
[16:22] | I blame Chilton. Great education, but horrific socialization. | 应该怪Chilton高中 教育水平是高 但社交能力却很差 |
[16:26] | – We need guidance. – I’m not calling Love Line. | – 我们需要指导 – 我不要打情感热线 |
[16:28] | Rory, come on. We’re sitting in a sea of expertise in this field. | Rory 我们坐的这个地方 到处都是这方面专家 |
[16:31] | The college campus. There’s no end of knock-headed bimbos | 大学校园 太多没脑子的大波妹 |
[16:34] | with tons of dross to dispense. There’s two now. | 废物多得是 那里就有两个 |
[16:36] | Paris, don’t. | Paris 不要 |
[16:37] | Althea! Janet! Come here! | Althea!Janet! 来一下 |
[16:39] | You hate Althea and Janet. | 你讨厌Althea和Janet |
[16:41] | Granted, they know nothing of Ukrainian politics or the periodic table, | 不错 她们不懂乌克兰政治或元素周期表 |
[16:44] | but when it comes to boys, they’re brighter than the Brontes. | 但说到男孩子 她们比勃朗特姐妹还聪明 |
[16:46] | What, Paris? | 什么 Paris |
[16:47] | Hey, Janet. Althea. | 嘿 Janet Althea. |
[16:48] | Girls, we have related problems. A little love trouble. | 姑娘们 我们有点感情问题 爱情的小麻烦 |
[16:51] | – We? – Bend your ears? | – 我们? – 可以和你谈谈吗? |
[16:52] | – Uh, sure. – No, Althea, please. | – 当然 – 不 Althea 拜托 |
[16:55] | Go. Enjoy your Sunday. There’s no love trouble here. | 你走吧 享受你的周末 我们没有感情问题 |
[16:57] | – I don’t mind. – I do. | – 我不介意 – 我介意 |
[16:58] | Fine, then I’ll just lay out my situation. | 好 那我就只说我的情况 |
[17:00] | Great. Good. ‘Cause I’m out of this. | 好 很好 因为不关我的事 |
[17:02] | – Okay, so I’ve got a guy. – Blind? | – 好 有一个男生 – 相亲认识的? |
[17:04] | Can it. Last time I saw him, he strongly implied that he was going to call me. | 算是吧 上次我看到他的时候 他强烈暗示会给我打电话 |
[17:07] | And soon. It’s been four days. | 而且会很快打 现在已经四天了 |
[17:09] | You ever call him to hook up? | 你打过电话约他出来吗? |
[17:10] | He’s always taken the reins. | 总是他主动 |
[17:11] | What did he say exactly? | 他的原话是什么? |
[17:12] | Call you later, or see you later? | 再给你打电话 下次见? |
[17:14] | Call. Or was it see? | 电话 或者见面 |
[17:16] | Very different. | 有很大区别 |
[17:16] | Call’s more descriptive. If he said ‘call you later’ and he didn’t, it’s an egregious ‘screw you’. | 电话更具体 如果他说再给你打电话却没有 那就”去你的吧”的意思 |
[17:20] | I’m pretty sure it was see. | 我非常确定是再见 |
[17:21] | Then I think you could cut him some slack. | 那我觉得你应该放他一马 |
[17:23] | – You like him, right? – Yeah. | – 你喜欢他对吧? – 对 |
[17:24] | Then call him, but have a reason. | 那你给他打电话 但要找个理由 |
[17:26] | – We’re on the paper together. – Perfect. | – 我们都在报社工作 – 太好了 |
[17:27] | Call to ask for notes or something. But don’t give him anything else. | 打电话给他要笔记什么的 任何其他事不要提 |
[17:30] | If he’s into you, he’ll take it from there. If he’s not, at least you know, so you can dump him. | 如果他喜欢你 他就会采取行动了 如果他没有 那至少你知道了 可以把他甩了 |
[17:33] | Direct, simple. A clear path. Thank you. | 直接 简单 非常清楚的指导 谢谢了 |
[17:36] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[17:37] | – Um, excuse me. – Yeah? | – 不好意思 – 什么事? |
[17:40] | If you don’t mind, I’m wondering – | 如果你不介意 我想 |
[17:42] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[17:43] | Okay, I got close to kind of getting together with a guy – | 我差点和一个男生在一起 |
[17:45] | You mean like ‘getting together’, getting together? | 你是说”灵肉合一”的那种在一起吗? |
[17:47] | Yeah. But, we were interrupted. | 对 但是我们被打断了 |
[17:49] | Shouldn’t he be calling me to talk, or maybe set up getting together? | 他应该打电话给我谈谈吗 或者找个机会再在一起? |
[17:53] | What was the interruption? | 被什么打断了? |
[17:54] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[17:55] | Then Dad. Then Mom’s boyfriend. | 还有爸爸 还有妈妈的男朋友 |
[17:57] | – Whoa. – Poor guy. | – 喔 – 可怜的家伙 |
[17:58] | Okay, you definitely have to call him. | 你绝对得给他打电话 |
[18:00] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[18:00] | He might be afraid to call. | 他可能不敢打电话 |
[18:02] | Thinks you’re too much drama. | 认为你的生活太戏剧化了 |
[18:03] | Too much drama. | 太戏剧化 |
[18:04] | You give him a call, but keep it casual. | 你给他打个电话 但要随意一点 |
[18:06] | She’s love dense. Give her specific language. | 她在感情方面很迟钝 对她得用特殊语言 |
[18:08] | – Get together? – Or hang out? | – “在一起”? – 或者一起出来? |
[18:09] | That’s better. | 这样好一点 |
[18:10] | Ask him to hang out sometime. | 叫他一起出来 |
[18:12] | It’ll give him an easy out. If he says yes, meet up, act casual, but look hot. | 这会让他很容易下台 如果他答应 然后就见面 表现得随意点 但要打扮得性感 |
[18:16] | I’ve got a pen if you want to write this down. | 如果你想记下来的话 我有笔 |
[18:17] | No, I think I can remember. Thank you. | 不要了 我认为我能记住 谢了 |
[18:19] | – No problem. – Anytime. | – 不用谢 – 乐意帮忙 |
[18:22] | Styrofoam for brains, but they know their stuff. | 她们脑袋里都是泡沫 但这方面的事在行 |
[18:41] | I’m on your side, Lorelai. | 我站在你这边 Lorelai |
[18:42] | Whoa, yo, Gypsy. What are you talking about? | 喔 Gypsy 你在说什么? |
[18:44] | – The breakup. – What breakup? | – 分手 – 什么分手? |
[18:45] | – Yours and Luke’s. – We’re not broken up. | – 你和Luke – 我们没有分手 |
[18:47] | Break up, split up, separated – whatever you want to call it. | 分手 分开 分离 随便你怎么说 |
[18:50] | I’d like to call it nothing. We’re fine. What is with these ribbons? | 我想说什么事都没有 我们很好 这些丝带是怎么回事? |
[18:53] | Pink for you, blue for Luke. Taylor’s idea. | 粉红色就是支持你 蓝色就是支持Luke Taylor的主意 |
[18:55] | That way we all know whose side we’re on without having to talk to each other. | 这样我们大家不用聊天 就都知道谁站在谁那边了 |
[18:58] | – He’s a freak, but I like pink. – Oh my God. | – 他真是个怪人 但我选粉红色 – 我的天 |
[19:00] | Look out, blue incoming. | 小心 蓝色阵营的人过来了 |
[19:02] | Oh, Gypsy, please. Take that ribbon off. I don’t want anyone encouraging Taylor on this. | 噢 Gypsy 请把那个丝带取下来吧 我不想有人鼓励Taylor的这种做法 |
[19:05] | Oh, it’s way too late. He’s passed out hundreds. | 太晚了 他已经发了几百条了 |
[19:08] | Hundreds? | 几百条? |
[19:09] | It was no choice for me. Luke fixes his own truck, so I make bumpkins off him. | 我没有选择 Luke自己修车 我一分钱也赚不到 |
[19:12] | But you, you don’t know a piston from a pepperoni. | 但是你连活塞和香肠都分不清 |
[19:14] | Lots of money in ignorance. I’m with you. | 赚你的钱太容易了 我站在你这边 |
[19:16] | Okay, great. I’ll catch up with you later. | 好 以后再聊 |
[19:19] | Pink power, baby. We chicks gotta stick together. | 粉红色的力量 宝贝 我们女性要团结起来 |
[19:26] | Lorelai | Lorelai. |
[19:26] | I’ll deal with you later. Luke? Hi. I’m sorry to sneak up on you like this, | 晚点再跟你算账 Luke 嗨 我很抱歉我这样偷偷跟着你 |
[19:31] | but please, just give me a minute. We need to talk. I have so much to say. | 但拜托 就给我几分钟 我们得谈谈 我有太多话想跟你说 |
[19:35] | I should have told you about that night with Christopher. I know that now. | 我应该告诉你我那晚和Christopher 一起的事 我现在明白了 |
[19:39] | Yeah, okay. I’m – | 好 我… |
[19:41] | But I swear, the visit we had was so innocent. It was about his dad, | 但我发誓 我们是清白的 是因为他父亲的事 |
[19:44] | and nothing happened. Less than nothing happened. | 什么事都没发生 一点事都没发生 |
[19:47] | But you hid it. | 但你隐瞒没说 |
[19:47] | I know, and I shouldn’t have. And I am so, so sorry. | 我知道 我不应该那么做 我很抱歉 |
[19:51] | But all that talk from Christopher, at the wedding. I didn’t see that coming. | 但Christopher在婚礼上说的那些话 我没想到他会那么说 |
[19:55] | He was drunk. He was stupid. | 他喝醉了 他是个笨蛋 |
[19:58] | He’s never not stupid, but I didn’t see it coming. | 他一直都那么笨 但我没想到他会说那些话 |
[20:01] | You should have. | 你应该想到的 |
[20:01] | I know. Rory warned me and I ignored her, but believe me. | 我知道 Rory提醒过我 我却没理她 但相信我 |
[20:05] | I am never seeing him again. Never. | 我再也不会见他了 再也不了 |
[20:07] | What are you talking about? He’s Rory’s father. He’ll always be in your life. | 你在说什么?他是Rory的父亲 他永远会出现在你的生活中 |
[20:10] | In her life. | 在Rory的生活中 |
[20:11] | Her life is your life. | 她的生活就是你的生活 |
[20:12] | Not when it comes to this. | 碰到这种事就不是了 |
[20:13] | This is going to happen again and again. | 这种事还会一次次发生的 |
[20:15] | No, it won’t, Luke. I promise. | 不会的 Luke 我保证 |
[20:16] | God, if you care anything for me at all, just please trust me on this. | 上帝啊 如果你还在乎我 请相信我这次 |
[20:21] | I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:21] | Luke. No, wait. Wait. | Luke 不要 等等 |
[20:24] | Luke, it was my mother, you know, who did all this. She was the one. | Luke 是我妈 都是她搞驰来的 是她 |
[20:27] | She caused all this hateful stuff because Christopher is weak and she knows that | 是她导致了这些讨厌的事 因为Christopher很软弱 她知道这点 |
[20:30] | and I am never talking to her again. | 我再也不会跟她说话了 |
[20:32] | They’re always going to be in your life too. | 他们永远都是你生活的一部分 |
[20:33] | Your mother, your father. The Gilmores will always be in your life. | 你的母亲 父亲 Gilmore一家永远都是你生活的一部分 |
[20:37] | I can cut them off. | 我会和他们割裂 |
[20:38] | No, you just can’t cut them off. It doesn’t work that way, | 不 你不能和他们割裂 这样没用的 |
[20:40] | and they’ll never feel differently about me, ever. | 他们永远不会我改观的 永远 |
[20:42] | It doesn’t matter, because they’re gone. That’s it. They are gone. I can do that. | 没关系 因为他们消失了 就这样 他们消失了 我可以做到 |
[20:46] | – I can’t have this out right now. – Okay, when? Where? | – 我现在不想讨论这个问题 – 好 那什么时候可以?在哪里? |
[20:50] | I need more time! I told you that. | 我需要多点时间!我告诉过你 |
[20:52] | I’m afraid of this ‘more time’ stuff. I’m afraid it’ll take forty years and that’s not good. | 我害怕”多点时间”这东西 我怕会变成四十年 那样可不好 |
[20:56] | Lorelai | Lorelai. |
[20:57] | We’ll miss our middle. I want a middle. | 我们想念我们的幸福时光 我想要我们的幸福生活 |
[21:00] | And the town is dividing us up. I need that to stop. | 现在整个小镇都在分化我们 我想让它停下 |
[21:02] | Don’t. | 不要 |
[21:03] | Luke. I am all in. I’m all in. | Luke 我是认真的 非常认真 |
[21:07] | Please trust me. Let me show you what a great girlfriend I can be. | 请相信我 我会证明我是很好的女朋友 |
[21:12] | But I can’t wait. We can’t wait. I need to know what you’re thinking right now. | 但我不能等了 我们不能等了 我需要知道你现在在想什么 |
[21:16] | Fine. You want to know what I’m thinking right now? | 好 你想知道我现在想什么是吧? |
[21:18] | That I can’t be in this relationship. It’s too much. | 那就是我不能再和你一起了 太累了 |
[21:22] | No. | 不要 |
[21:31] | – Hello? – Hi. It’s Rory. | – 嗨 – 嗨 我是Rory |
[21:34] | Rory Gilmore, as I live and breathe. | Rory Gilmore 是真人么? |
[21:36] | So, how are you? | 你怎么样? |
[21:37] | I’m good, Ace, how are you? | 我很好 Ace 你呢? |
[21:39] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[21:40] | Hope your life’s been less exciting since the last time I saw you. | 希望你的生活没有我上次见你时那么刺激 |
[21:42] | Relatively. | 可以这么说吧 |
[21:43] | Meaning you’re steering clear of country club dressing rooms? | 意思是你正绕开乡村俱乐部的更衣室? |
[21:45] | – Pretty much. – Good. | – 差不多 – 好 |
[21:47] | Yeah. So, I was wondering if maybe you – | 我在想也许你 |
[21:53] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[21:54] | If you’d like to hang out, or something. | 你想一起出来吗? |
[21:57] | – Hang out? – Yeah. | – 一起出来? – 对 |
[21:59] | When? | 什么时候? |
[22:00] | How about tonight? | 今晚怎么样? |
[22:02] | Whoa, spontaneity. | 喔 说来就来啊 |
[22:03] | I’m very ‘of the moment’ these days. | 最近我都是想到什么就马上做 |
[22:06] | Well, sure, I’d love to hang out with you. Come on over. | 我当然很乐意和你一起 过来吧 |
[22:09] | – To your place? – Absolutely. | – 去你的地方? – 当然 |
[22:11] | Cool. | 好 |
[22:12] | – See you in a bit. – See you in a bit. | – 待会见 – 待会见 |
[22:24] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[22:25] | Oh, hi. I don’t think I’m in the right place. | 嗨 我想我可能走错了地方 |
[22:28] | – Hey, who is it? – Girl scout. | – 嘿 是谁来了? – 女童子军 |
[22:29] | – Hey, Ace. Come on in. – Come on in. | – 嘿 Ace 快进来 – 进来吧 |
[22:32] | Welcome to my night of humiliating defeat. | 欢迎来到我的丢脸之夜 |
[22:34] | One in a series. | 众多丢脸之夜之一 |
[22:35] | – Don’t gloat, Robert. It’s not Christian. – Neither am I. | – 别死盯着看 Robert 一点也不像个基督徒 – 我没盯着看 也不是基督徒 |
[22:37] | – Everybody, this is Rory. – Hi. | – 大伙 这是Rory – 嗨 |
[22:39] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[22:40] | I’d introduce you, but I only know three of them. | 我想给你介绍他们 但我只认识三个人 |
[22:41] | It’s to you, buddy. | 到你了 兄弟 |
[22:42] | Oh, joy. Come on, kiddo, sit here next to me. | 噢 来啊 老姐 坐我旁边 |
[22:45] | – Is that allowed? – I wouldn’t object. | – 这允许吗? – 我不反对 |
[22:47] | Come on, be my good luck charm. Did I raise or check? | 过来吧 做我的幸运女神 我刚才加注了还是选择不投注? |
[22:49] | You been eating out of aluminum pans again, buddy? | 你又吃错药了 兄弟? |
[22:51] | Your short term memory is non-existent. | 你就没有短期记忆 |
[22:52] | Yeah, it’s aluminum pans. | 对 吃错药了 |
[22:54] | The more you stall, the slower I win. | 你拖得越久 我赢得越慢 |
[22:56] | That was almost grammatically correct. | 语法上基本正确 |
[22:57] | – Two. – Call. | – 两个 – 跟 |
[22:58] | – Hold up. You look very nice tonight. – Oh, thanks. | – 等等 你今晚很漂亮 – 谢谢 |
[23:01] | What do you know about this game? | 你懂这个游戏吗? |
[23:03] | Um, just what I’ve seen on T.V. The Odd Couple. | 我只是在电视上看过 剧名”一对奇怪的夫妻” |
[23:05] | What? | 什么? |
[23:06] | Quincy played it, but he wasn’t called Quincy, um, Oscar and Felix. | Quincy玩这个游戏 但他在里面不叫Quincy Oscar和Felix |
[23:10] | Felix didn’t play it. Tony Randall, he cooked for them sometimes. | Felix不玩 Tony Randall有时为他们做饭 |
[23:13] | – I am so lost. – I know a little. | – 完全被搞糊涂了 – 我懂一点 |
[23:15] | Well, if you know anything, you know I need a jack or a ten. | 如果你懂一点 那你应该知道 我需要一张J和一张十分 |
[23:19] | – Pocket jacks. – Un bloody believable. | – 一对J – 不是吧 |
[23:21] | – Do we bother with fifth street? – Let’s see it. | – 还用看最后一张公共牌吗? – 来看看 |
[23:23] | Oh, now you’re just mocking me! | 你们玩我呢吧! |
[23:25] | Well, your gal brought someone some luck. | 你的姑娘确实给某人带来了点运气 |
[23:27] | Two g’s. Ouch. | 两个啊 喔 |
[23:29] | That was two thousand dollars? | 是指2000块? |
[23:31] | – Got to bet it to win it. – It’s just money. | – 下的多赢的多 – 不就是钱么 |
[23:32] | He’s down nine to me from last time. | 从上次起 他已经欠我九把了 |
[23:34] | Should I send an I.O.U. to your Pop, that how you want to work it? Cut out the middle man? | 要不要给你爸寄张欠条 你准备这样? 不通过中间人? |
[23:37] | Yeah, and I’ll send some to your mother. | 对 我还会寄点给你妈 |
[23:39] | Generic, unfocused ‘and-so’s-your-mother’ style comeback. | 典型的 不正眼看的 “问候人老妈”的风格又回来了 |
[23:43] | You’re off your game, Huntz. | 你今天手气不好啊 Huntz |
[23:44] | I’ll work on a better retort and get back to you. | 等我抓手好牌这话送还给你 |
[23:46] | So are you covering this? | 你替他打掩护? |
[23:47] | Pardon me? | 什么? |
[23:47] | You were at the last Life and Death shindig, as I recall. | 我记得 上次”生与死”狂欢会你在那 |
[23:50] | Yeah, but I’m not covering this. I’m just hanging out. | 对 但我不是给他打掩护的 我只是来玩的 |
[23:52] | Yeah, back off, Robert. She’s just hanging out. | 走远点 Robert 她只是过来玩的 |
[23:55] | – Thanks, kid. – Oh, you’re welcome. | – 谢谢 小孩 – 不客气 |
[23:56] | – I love the service here. – I’m out. | – 我喜欢这里的服务 – 我不跟 |
[23:58] | – Down to the tricks again. – I’m in. | – 又玩这个把戏 – 我跟 |
[23:59] | – Don’t be a jerk, Robert. – What? | – Robert 不要那么混蛋 – 什么? |
[24:01] | You bet without looking at your cards. Look at your cards. | 你下注的时候都没看牌 看着你的牌 |
[24:03] | – I don’t need to, with Rory here. – I hate it when he does that. | – 有Rory在 我不需要看牌 – 我讨厌他这样做 |
[24:05] | You want a drink? | 你要喝点什么吗? |
[24:06] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我吗? – 对 |
[24:07] | Well, actually I don’t know how long I’m going to stay here so I think I’m good for now. | 事实上我不知道会呆多久 所以不用了 |
[24:12] | All right. | 好 |
[24:13] | Well, the way it’s going tonight, I may not last till the next drink either. | 照今晚这样子 我可能也坚持不到下一轮酒过来 |
[24:16] | – Can we change the music? – No. | – 可以换首歌吗? – 不行 |
[24:18] | Since when did you become Tipper Gore? | 你什么时候成了Tipper Gore了? |
[24:19] | Shut up, Colin. | 闭嘴 Colin |
[24:20] | – She’s on her way, I know she is. – Well, I hope she is. | – 她已经在路上了 我知道的 – 希望如此 |
[24:23] | Just hang in there, girls. I know you’re hungry. They’re getting ready to rebel. | 再坚持一会 孩子们 我知道你们饿了 她们就快要造反了 |
[24:27] | It’s just that Lorelai ordered all the tables and the little china | 因为是Lorelai订的桌子和小瓷器 |
[24:29] | and I’m sure it’s here somewhere, it’s just – excuse me for just a second. | 肯定在这的什么地方 只是… 不会意思失陪一会 |
[24:33] | Please, help. You’re just standing there. | 请帮帮忙 你就知道站在那里 |
[24:35] | I’m staying out of the way. In situations like this, ‘do not get in the way’ is so valuable. | 我没添乱 像这种情况 不添乱是很可贵的 |
[24:39] | Well, get in the way. Entertain the kids. | 那你添点乱吧 去逗孩子们开心 |
[24:41] | Like I’m Sponge Boy Big Pants or something? I do not entertain children. | 好像我是海绵宝贝一样 我不逗小孩 |
[24:44] | I’m getting worried. She left to do an errand yesterday and never came back. | 我开始担心了 她昨天说出去办点事 就一直没回来 |
[24:47] | Are you dialing the right number? | 你拨对电话了吗? |
[24:48] | I think after ten years I know Lorelai’s number. | 我们都认识十年了 我想我知道Lorelai的号码 |
[24:51] | – Well, where is she? – I don’t know. | – 那她在哪里? – 我不知道 |
[24:52] | But she was in charge of everything except the pancakes, and without her | 但她负责除煎饼以外的所有事 没有她 |
[24:55] | all we have are pancakes! They’re expecting games and stuff. | 我们就只剩下煎饼了! 孩子们还期待游戏什么的呢 |
[24:58] | Oh, here’s a fun game. Poke out all of the doll’s eyes, | 有个很有趣的游戏 把所有洋娃娃的眼睛挖出来 |
[25:00] | mix them up, and match them to the right dolls. | 混在一起 然后再把它们 放回正确的洋娃娃里 |
[25:03] | – It’s still voicemail! – Well, leave a message! | – 还是语音信箱 – 那就留个信息 |
[25:05] | I’ve left a million messages! I’m going to her house. | 我已经留了无数条信息了 我要去她家 |
[25:07] | – Don’t leave me here! – Stall, stall! | – 不要把我留在这里! – 尽量拖延 拖延 |
[25:10] | My dolly fell. Kiss the boo-boo. | 我的娃娃跌倒了 亲它的屁屁 |
[25:14] | What part of the dolly is the boo-boo? | 这个娃娃的哪个部分是屁屁? |
[25:25] | Come on, come on. | 快点 快点 |
[25:27] | I’ve made my decision. | 我决定了 |
[25:28] | I’m in. Three fifty. | 我跟 三个五十 |
[25:29] | Call. | 跟 |
[25:30] | – I’m going to raise. – Ass. | – 我加注 – Ass |
[25:32] | Our gentleman’s courtesies still prevail, Rob. | 注意形象 Rob |
[25:34] | Fine. Mr. Ass. Ass Esquire. | 好 “靠”先生 “靠”骑士 |
[25:38] | He’s cracked! We’ve cracked Robert! | 他崩溃了 我们让他崩溃了 |
[25:40] | Mornin’ there, Ace, how’d you sleep? | 早上好 Ace 睡得怎么样? |
[25:42] | For the record you don’t snore. | 根据记录 你没有打鼾 |
[25:43] | We’d be happy to sign an affidavit to that effect for any prospective husband. | 我们很乐意给你将来的丈夫写份证词 |
[25:50] | – Mom? – It’s me, Rory. It’s Sookie. | – 妈? – 是我 Rory 我是Sookie |
[25:52] | Sookie? Are you at the house? | Sookie?你在我家吗? |
[25:54] | Look, uh, something happened with your mom and Luke and your mom’s in bad shape. | 你妈妈和Luke之间发生了点事 你妈妈现在情况很不好 |
[25:58] | I mean, she’s down, hon. And I’m here now, but I think you oughta come. | 我是说她倒下了 我现在在这里 但我觉得你应该回来 |
[26:02] | She needs you. | 她需要你 |
[26:03] | Oh my God. Is she hurt? | 天哪 她受伤了吗? |
[26:05] | No, not physically. Just come, okay? | 没有 身体上没有 快回来 好吗? |
[26:07] | I’m coming. | 我马上回来 |
[26:09] | I’m out. | 我不玩了 |
[26:11] | – You okay? – I have to go. | – 你还好吗? – 我得走了 |
[26:13] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[26:14] | I just have to go, I have to get home. | 我得走了 我得回家 |
[26:15] | – To your dorm? – Stars Hollow. | – 回宿舍吗? – 回Stars Hollow |
[26:17] | Oh, no, I don’t have my car. | 噢 我现在没车 |
[26:20] | Well, didn’t you walk here, like a hundred yards away? | 你不是走过来的吗? 就一百尺远 |
[26:21] | No, I mean I took it in for it’s six month service. It’s at the dealer. | 不 我的意思是我把车送去做保养了 车在经销商那 |
[26:25] | You take your car to the dealer? They so rip you off there! | 你把车交给经销商? 他们会狠宰你的! |
[26:27] | Well it doesn’t matter where it is! I don’t have it! | 我不关心它在哪里 重要的是我现在没车 |
[26:29] | Which means that I have to take a bus or a train or something. | 也就是说我得坐公车或火车 |
[26:32] | – That’ll take hours. – I know. I have to go. | – 那得花几个小时 – 我知道 我得走了 |
[26:34] | Take my car. | 用我的车 |
[26:35] | I don’t want to drive your car. | 我不想开你的车 |
[26:36] | No, it’s a car with a driver. I’ve got an account with the company. | 不 是有司机的车 我能用公司的车 |
[26:39] | No. | 不用了 |
[26:40] | Take it. I’ll give Frank a call, tell him to meet you out front. | 拿去吧 我会给Frank打个电话 叫他在门口接你 |
[26:42] | He’ll take good care of you. It’s a done deal. | 他会照顾好你的 就这么说定了 |
[26:44] | Okay. Thanks. | 好 谢谢了 |
[26:46] | Go! | 快走 |
[26:52] | – Where is she? – Upstairs. | – 她在哪? – 楼上 |
[26:53] | Okay, I’ve got it from here, Sookie. I love you. | 好 我来接手吧 Sookie 我爱你 |
[26:58] | Mom? What happened? | 妈 发生什么事了? |
[27:02] | Luke | Luke. |
[27:03] | What Luke? | Luke怎么了? |
[27:04] | He’s gone! He hates me. | 他走了!他恨我! |
[27:06] | I blew it. I blew everything. | 我搞砸了 我搞砸了所有事 |
[27:08] | I don’t understand. What happened? | 我不明白 发生什么事了? |
[27:10] | I should have told him about Christopher. | 我应该告诉他关于Christopher的事 |
[27:12] | That was innocent. | 你们是清白的 |
[27:13] | But I should have told him. I hid it. | 但我应该告诉他 我却隐瞒了 |
[27:15] | I shouldn’t have hid it. | 我不应该隐瞒的 |
[27:17] | Try to sit up. | 坐起来吧 |
[27:18] | She got to him. | 她怂恿他的 |
[27:19] | To Dad? Who did? | 怂恿爸爸 谁啊? |
[27:20] | Mom. She pushed him and it ruined everything. | 我妈妈 她怂恿他的 毁了一切 |
[27:23] | And now they’re putting up ribbons. | 现在他们都戴上丝带了 |
[27:25] | Ribbons? Who? | 丝带?他们是谁? |
[27:26] | Taylor, the town. They hate me. | Taylor 全镇的人 他们恨我 |
[27:28] | They all hate me. I wrecked everything. | 他们都恨我 我破坏了一切 |
[27:30] | Mom. This isn’t good. Come on. Try to sit up. | 妈 这样不好 来 坐起来 |
[27:32] | He said he needed time to think, but I pushed him. | 他说他需要时间思考 但是我逼他了 |
[27:35] | He’ll come around. | 他会回来的 |
[27:36] | I pushed him, and now he’s gone. | 我逼他 现在他走了 |
[27:39] | He waited forever for you. He’s not just going to walk away. | 他等了那么久才等到你 不会就这么离开你的 |
[27:43] | It’s over. | 我们完了 |
[27:44] | Mom, this isn’t you. | 妈 这不像你 |
[27:46] | Lying in bed like this. You should be up. | 像这样躺在床上 你应该起来 |
[27:48] | You should go to school. Go back to school. | 你应该去学校 回学校去吧 |
[27:50] | I’m here. I’m staying. | 我要留在这里 |
[27:52] | God, I really screwed up this time. | 天哪 这次我真的搞砸了 |
[27:56] | He could have been the one. | 他本可能是我的真命天子的 |
[27:58] | He’ll come around. Shh. | 他会回来的 |
[28:02] | Try to sleep. | 睡一觉吧 |
[28:14] | Rory | Rory? |
[28:30] | Luke | Luke? |
[28:44] | Whatcha watching? | 在看什么? |
[28:46] | Something stupid. | 一些愚蠢的东西 |
[28:53] | This isn’t stupid. | 这不愚蠢 |
[28:57] | Lorelai, this thing we’re doing here, me, you. | Lorelai 我们之间的感情 |
[29:01] | I just want you to know I’m in. | 我想告诉你 我是认真的 |
[29:05] | I am all in. | 非常认真 |
[29:13] | Say something. | 说点什么 |
[29:22] | Say something! | 说点什么 |
[29:32] | You slept. | 你睡着了 |
[29:33] | I guess. | 应该是 |
[29:34] | Feeling better? | 感觉好点了吗? |
[29:35] | Sure. | 恩 |
[29:36] | No you’re not. | 你撒谎 |
[29:37] | You should get back to Yale. | 你应该回耶鲁去 |
[29:40] | Rory, you can’t just stay here. | Rory 你不能就呆在这里 |
[29:42] | – Sorry. I’m here for the duration. – No. | – 不好意思 我这段时间一直在这 – 不行 |
[29:44] | – You need supplies. – I’m fine. | – 你需要支持 – 我很好 |
[29:46] | There’s no sign that you’ve eaten or had anything to drink. | 你还没有吃过或喝过什么东西 |
[29:49] | Well, I’m not hungry or thirsty. | 我不饿也不渴 |
[29:51] | Well, if you’re staying up here you need supplies. Sustenance. Entertainment. | 如果你要坚持下去 你就需要支持 食物和娱乐 |
[29:54] | Well. | 那好 |
[29:56] | See, you’re a little thirsty, aren’t you. | 看 你有点口渴了 是吧 |
[29:58] | A little. | 有一点 |
[29:59] | What can I get you? Water? Bourbon? | 要点什么?水还是波本威士忌? |
[30:01] | Water is good. | 水就好了 |
[30:02] | What do you got food-wise? | 你这有什么吃的? |
[30:03] | Not much. | 不多 |
[30:03] | What’s not much? | 什么是不多? |
[30:04] | Like, nothing. Some moldy bread. I’ve been eating out mostly. | 基本什么都没有 一些发霉的面包 已经差不多都吃完了 |
[30:07] | Okay, I’m going on a run. | 好 我出去一趟 |
[30:09] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[30:10] | I’ll get you some DVD’s, too. Do you want magazines? | 我还会给你买点DVD 想看杂志吗? |
[30:13] | No. | 不用 |
[30:13] | I’ll get you some magazines. You sure you don’t want bourbon? | 我会给你买点杂志 你确定你不想要波本威士忌吗? |
[30:16] | Honey, you have stuff to do. | 亲爱的 你还有自己的事要做 |
[30:17] | This is my stuff. I’ll be back in a flash. | 这就是我的事 我马上回来 |
[30:19] | – The ribbons. – What? | – 丝带 – 什么? |
[30:21] | Ah, the ribbons. They’re all over town. | 镇上到处都是丝带 |
[30:24] | I’ll just ignore them. Stupid Taylor! | 我会当它不存在的 愚蠢的Taylor! |
[30:26] | People are going to be all over you with questions. | 人们都会来问你问题的 |
[30:28] | Then they’ll feel the wrath of the Green Destiny. | 那他们将会感觉到我的愤怒 |
[30:30] | Oh, you’ll get bombarded. | 你会被轰炸的 |
[30:31] | Well, maybe I’ll call in some reinforcements. | 也许我会呼叫援兵 |
[30:33] | – I’ve got my cell on. – ‘Kay. | – 我会开着电话 – 好 |
[30:35] | Don’t go rollerblading or bowling or anything while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候不要去溜冰或打保龄球 |
[30:38] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[30:45] | I’ll get those, Miss. | 我来拿这些 小姐 |
[30:52] | – Did you get everything? – Everything on the list. | – 所有东西都买了吗? – 购物单上所有东西都买了 |
[30:54] | Plus, I threw in a few things of my own. | 另外我还自己买了点的东西 |
[30:56] | Some Toll House cookie dough. Cooked or uncooked, the ultimate comfort food. | 一些Toll House的饼干面团 烤过的或没烤的都有 最好的食物 |
[30:59] | Nice. | 太好了 |
[31:00] | Chocolate covered matzah. | 带巧克力的无酵饼 |
[31:01] | Nice and ethnic. | 非常好 还很有异国风情 |
[31:02] | And a new toothbrush. | 还有一支新牙刷 |
[31:03] | Why a new toothbrush? | 为什么? |
[31:04] | Dentists say you’re supposed to change your toothbrush every three months, | 牙医说应该每三个月换一次牙刷 |
[31:07] | and I’m assuming your mother’s not doing that. | 我猜你妈肯定没这么做 |
[31:08] | Well, I’m not sure how that’s going to help her depression but you are a good friend. | 我不确定这会个会帮她减少忧伤 但你真是个好朋友 |
[31:12] | You like ham and cheese, Frank? | 你喜欢火腿和干酪吗 Frank? |
[31:13] | Ah, thank you, Miss. | 谢谢 小姐 |
[31:15] | We can head home now. | 我们可以回家了 |
[31:16] | Very good. | 很好 |
[31:17] | Was Taylor in there? | Taylor在里面吗? |
[31:18] | ‘Fraid so. And he was holding court. | 恐怕是 他在开庭呢 |
[31:20] | What? | 什么? |
[31:21] | He was talking with a bunch of people about the breakup. Big debate going on. | 他在跟一群人谈分手的事 激烈的争论 |
[31:25] | What debate? | 什么争论? |
[31:26] | Oh, about whether Elm should have gone more pink than blue, | Elm是否应该多拿走点粉红色丝带 |
[31:28] | and whether Lorelai should have married that Max guy when she had the chance. | Lorelai当初有机会时 是否应该嫁给那个Max |
[31:31] | Oh, and he was passing out ribbons like there was no tomorrow. | 他还在那疯狂地分发丝带 |
[31:34] | Was he. | 是吗 |
[31:35] | – Hold on, Frank. – Yes, ma’am. | – 等等 Frank – 是的 小姐 |
[31:38] | Luke I’ve known longer, because of the diner. Lorelai is much later, but she – | 我认识Luke更久些 是因为他的餐馆 Lorelai就晚一点 但是她 |
[31:43] | – Where are they, Taylor? – What? | – 东西在哪里 Taylor? – 什么东西? |
[31:44] | Don’t play dumb. The ribbons. | 不要装傻了 丝带 |
[31:47] | Take piano lessons or something! | 去上上钢琴课什么的吧! |
[31:50] | She was so sweet when she was little. | 她小时候很可爱的 |
[31:52] | Got ’em. | 拿到了 |
[31:54] | My compliments to your moxie! | 佩服你的勇气 |
[31:55] | Oh, I’ve got moxie coming out of my ears today. | 我今天充满了勇气 |
[31:59] | They honking at us? | 他们在向我们按喇叭? |
[32:01] | They better not be. Frank, are they honking at us? | 最好别 Frank 他们在向我们按喇叭吗? |
[32:04] | I believe so. | 我想是的 |
[32:06] | Oh, I am in no mood for this. We are depressed! | 我现在可没心情 我们很郁闷 |
[32:10] | We’ll move when we move, so stop – | 该走的时候就会走 不要按了 |
[32:16] | Oh. Sorry. | 哦 不好意思 |
[32:18] | I’m not usually in a limo. | 我不常坐豪华轿车的 |
[32:29] | Heads up, man coming in. | 抬起头来 有男人来了 |
[32:32] | Oh! The T.V.! | 噢 电视! |
[32:34] | You won’t come downstairs, I’m bringing downstairs up to you. | 你不下楼 我就把楼下的东西都搬上来 |
[32:37] | – On the table, Frank. – Very good. | – 放在桌上 Frank – 很好 |
[32:38] | – Evening, Ma’am. – Evening. | – 晚上好 女士 – 晚上好 |
[32:40] | That’s Frank, my driver. | 那是Frank 我的司机 |
[32:41] | So, I put all the things you will definitely need within easiest reach – water, basic foodstuffs – | 我把所有你肯定会用到的东西都放 很好拿的地方 水 基本食物 |
[32:47] | then, the things that you have to reach for or stand up for recede in order of frequency of use. | 摆放次序是按照使用频率排的 |
[32:52] | It’s not a science, but I did the best I could. | 虽然不像科学研究那么精确 但我努力做到最好了 |
[32:54] | Well, I’m loving the cereal combo. | 我喜欢谷物套餐 |
[32:57] | Five different kinds, three sweetened, | 五种类型 三种有糖分 |
[32:59] | with a mix of non-fat milk and half and half. It’s a Paris recipe. | 加上脱脂牛奶 Paris的配方 |
[33:03] | Thank her for me. | 替我谢谢她 |
[33:04] | – All done here. – Excellent. | – 全都好了 – 非常好 |
[33:05] | Anything else I can get for you? | 还有什么需要吗? |
[33:06] | I don’t think so. Thanks, Frank. | 没有了 谢谢 Frank |
[33:08] | Yeah, thanks, Frank. | 谢谢 Frank |
[33:10] | Wait, who’s Frank? | 等等 Frank是谁? |
[33:11] | Oh, well, I had to get out here, and my car is at the dealer for it’s six month service. | 嗯 我必须得回来 我的车拿到经销商那里做保养了 |
[33:16] | So my friend had a car and a driver standing by, so they let me borrow it | 我的朋友有辆车和个司机 他们就借给我了 |
[33:20] | and Frank, and, well, that explains Frank. | 所以Frank 嗯 就在这里了 |
[33:22] | – You take your car to the dealer? – Yeah. | – 你把车交给经销商? – 对 |
[33:24] | They’re such a rip-off there. | 他们会宰你的 |
[33:25] | It says in the book to take it to the dealer. | 书上说该交给经销商 |
[33:26] | If it said in the book to drive off a cliff, would you drive off a cliff? | 如果书上说叫你开下悬崖 你也照做? |
[33:29] | Yes I would. | 我会 |
[33:29] | And ‘they’ is a ‘he’. | 他们其实是他吧? |
[33:31] | Who? | 谁? |
[33:32] | The ‘they’ with the limo. | 有豪华车的他们 |
[33:34] | Yes, he’s a ‘he’. | 对 是个他 |
[33:35] | – Thank Logan for me. – Okay. | – 替我谢谢Logan – 好 |
[33:37] | Look, you and Frank should go. | 你和Frank该走了 |
[33:39] | No! | 不要 |
[33:40] | Yale’s going to get mad. | 耶鲁会发疯的 |
[33:41] | Yale’s not going to get mad. | 耶鲁不会发疯的 |
[33:42] | Rory, I’m glad you came, but look how fine I am. | Rory 我很高兴你回来 但你看我现在多好 |
[33:45] | I’m surrounded by everything I could possibly need. | 我可能需要的东西全都有了 |
[33:47] | I even have raw cookie dough, for God’s sake. | 看在老天的份上 甚至连饼干生面团都有 |
[33:49] | That was Lane’s idea. | 那是Lane的主意 |
[33:50] | A whole village has seen to my needs. | 整个小镇都知道我需要什么了 |
[33:52] | Go. It’s time. Look, I’m sitting up and everything. | 走吧 是时候走了 瞧 我坐起来了 一切都好 |
[33:55] | And you’re feeling better, I mean, for real this time? | 那你感觉好点了吗? 这次说真的 |
[33:58] | I’m not a hundred percent, but I’m getting there. I swear. | 我不能百分百肯定 但差不多了 我发誓 |
[34:00] | The downstairs is all set too. I cleaned up. | 楼下都整理好了 我打扫过了 |
[34:03] | Vacuumed a little, spot dusted. Oh, and I’ve checked in with Sookie. | 有灰尘的地方我吸了一下尘 哦 我也和Sookie联系过了 |
[34:07] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[34:07] | The party for the little girls and their dolls? | 小女孩和洋娃娃的聚会? |
[34:09] | Michel apparently really came through and it was a big hit. He sang a medley from Annie. | Michel显然解决了问题 而且很成功 他还唱了一首Annie的歌 |
[34:13] | Oh, the big guns. Good. Now go! | 真行 好 现在走吧 |
[34:15] | Okay. But I am going to call a lot. | 好 但我会打很多电话回来 |
[34:18] | I’m good with that. | 我没问题 |
[34:19] | And I only have one class tomorrow, so I could stop by again in the afternoon. | 明天我只有一节课 我下午可以再回来一次 |
[34:22] | Well, there’ll be no need. | 没必要 |
[34:23] | You can call me, too, you know. | 你也可以打给我 |
[34:25] | I know, Mom. | 我知道了 妈妈 |
[34:26] | – Okay. Bye. – Bye, honey. | – 好 拜拜 – 拜拜 亲爱的 |
[34:29] | And I’m going to have Frank honk before we leave. | 我们走之前我让Frank鸣下喇叭 |
[34:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:32] | – I don’t know, it just sounds fun. – Okay. | – 不知道 只是听起来很好玩 – 好吧 |
[35:23] | Hey, Luke, it’s me. | 嘿 Luke 是我 |
[35:26] | I know I’m not supposed to be calling, but I am not doing really great right now, and – | 我知道我不应该打来 但是我现在很不好 |
[35:33] | I was just wondering, if, do you remember in The Way we Were, | 我在想你是否记得在那部电影 in The Way we Were里面 |
[35:39] | how Katie and Hubbell broke up because his friends were joking and laughing, | Katie和Hubbell分手了 因为他的朋友开他玩笑并嘲笑他 |
[35:43] | and the president had just died, and… | 加上总统刚去世… |
[35:46] | she yelled at them and he was mad and he was going out to Hollywood, | 她向他们大吼 他就生气了 然后去了好莱坞 |
[35:51] | and, I mean, which she hated, and… | 我是说 她讨厌东西 还有… |
[35:54] | and… he broke up with her and she was really… upset. | 还有…他和她分手了 她很难过 |
[36:01] | And she called him and asked him if he would come over and sit with her | 她给他打电话 问他可不可以过来陪她坐会 |
[36:05] | because he was her best friend and she needed her best friend, and he did. | 因为他是她最好的朋友 她需要她的好朋友 然后他就过去了 |
[36:12] | And… | 然后 |
[36:15] | and they talked all night, | 然后他们聊了一晚 |
[36:18] | and they went out to Hollywood, which was a disaster, but it was good at first. | 然后他们去了好莱坞 那真是个灾难 但开始很好 |
[36:25] | With the boat, and uh… | 有那条小船 还有 |
[36:29] | and putting the books away. | 整理书 |
[36:32] | I’ve seen this movie a lot, so if you don’t remember the putting the books away scene, | 这部电影我看了很多遍 所以如果你不记得整理书的这一幕 |
[36:35] | don’t feel stupid or anything. I was just sitting here thinking about it, because I, um, | 不要觉得自己很笨 我就坐在这里想着这部电影 因为我 |
[36:40] | I’m in my house, and I was just, uh – | 我在家里 我… |
[36:47] | Could – please come over. I – please. | 请过来好吗 求你了 |
[36:51] | Really need to see you and talk to you, and – | 我真的需要见你 跟你谈谈 |
[36:56] | please – come over. | 求你过来吧 |
[37:00] | Please. | 求你了 |
[37:04] | Come – | 过来 |
[37:10] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天哪 |
[37:55] | – Hey, Ace, how you doing? – Fine. | – 嘿 Ace 你好吗? – 很好 |
[37:56] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[37:57] | Um, Logan, wait. No, I can’t stay, I’m just returning Frank. | Logan 等等 我不能呆久了 我只是来把Frank还给你 |
[38:01] | Returning Frank? | 还Frank? |
[38:02] | And the limo. Thanks very much. | 还有轿车 非常感谢 |
[38:04] | Everything okay back home? | 家里一切都还好吗? |
[38:05] | Okay enough. It was good that I went. | 很好 |
[38:08] | Thank you very much for your help. | 非常感谢你的帮助 |
[38:09] | – You’re very formal tonight. – What? | – 你今晚很正式 – 什么? |
[38:11] | Just your tone. It’s formal. | 你的语气 很正式 |
[38:12] | Well, that’s how it is. And, I fed Frank a nice sandwich, so he’s all good to go. | 我本来就是这样 我给Frank吃了一个 很好的三明治 所以他现在可以继续工作了 |
[38:17] | You know you ended up being extremely lucky for me, Ace. | 你知不知道你最后真的给我带来了好运 Ace |
[38:19] | Is that so? | 真的吗? |
[38:20] | I took Robert for everything he had, plus everything I owed him from last time. | 我把Robert赢的都拿回来了 还有上次欠他的也赢回来了 |
[38:23] | You should come to all these things. | 以后这种场合你都该来 |
[38:24] | Yeah, kiddo, maybe I should. | 对 老兄 也许我应该 |
[38:26] | What? | 什么? |
[38:27] | Hey, did it ever occur to you when I called to ask you if you wanted to hang out | 嘿 你有没有想过我打电话 问你想不想一起出来 |
[38:30] | that I meant that it should just be the two of us? | 是指就只有我们两个? |
[38:32] | I actually wasn’t sure, the whole thing was a little vague. | 我真的不确定 整件事有点模糊 |
[38:34] | It wasn’t vague. | 不模糊 |
[38:35] | No, hanging out’s a little vague. It’s not a specific boy-girl thing. | “一起出来”是有点模糊 不是特指男生女生的约会 |
[38:38] | Well, I can tell you that I wasn’t expecting to be Fanny Brice to your Nicky Arnstein. | 我可以告诉你我没想过要当 你Nicky Arnstein的Fanny Brice |
[38:42] | But I already had this game going, and I couldn’t just kick everybody out, | 但是我的游戏已经开始了 我不能放其他人鸽子 |
[38:45] | so my choice is to say no and not see you at all or say yes and do it the way we did it. | 我有两条路 说不 然后再也见不到你 或是说行 然后就像昨晚那样 |
[38:48] | Well, I wasn’t expecting a group. | 我可不想和一群人一起 |
[38:50] | So, I should have said no, meaning I wouldn’t see you at all? | 那我应该说不 意味着以后见不到你了? |
[38:53] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你 |
[38:54] | Well, that’s nice. I wanted to see you too. | 那很好 我也想见你 |
[38:55] | I just thought it would be a little more intimate. | 我只是想应该更亲密一点 |
[38:58] | Intimate? | 亲密? |
[38:59] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我的意思 |
[38:59] | So the only time we can see each other is to have sex? | 所以我们只有上床才能见面? |
[39:01] | No, Logan, that’s not what I’m saying. | 不是 Logan 我不是这个意思 |
[39:03] | That’s what I’m taking from this. | 我听起来就是这个意思 |
[39:04] | Well, don’t take that. That’s not what I’m saying. | 不要这样理解 我不是这个意思 |
[39:06] | So, we can see each other under all kinds of conditions. Alone, in a group. | 那我们在任何情况下都能见面了 单独或集体活动 |
[39:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[39:10] | Good. Last night happened to be a group thing. | 好 昨晚正好是集体活动 |
[39:12] | Right. | 对 |
[39:12] | So I don’t see the problem. | 那我没觉得有什么问题 |
[39:14] | Yeah. No, I guess there really wasn’t a problem. | 对 我想根本就没问题 |
[39:17] | – Glad we cleared that up. – Yeah, me too. | – 很高兴我们说清楚了 – 我也是 |
[39:20] | Now, I’m going out of town for a few days, but I was going to give you a call | 我要外出几天 但我会给你打电话 为我回来做准备 但你要先打给我 |
[39:23] | to set something up for when I get back, but you called me first. | |
[39:25] | Right. | 好 |
[39:26] | I’m back next Saturday. It’s the first night I’m back. Want to – | 我下周六回来 那是我回来的第一晚 想不想… |
[39:30] | I don’t know, what are the kids saying these days? Hang out? | 我不知道 现在的孩子怎么说的 “一起出来”? |
[39:33] | I’m never listening to the breakfast cereal girls again. | 我再也不听那些女生的建议了 |
[39:35] | What? | 什么? |
[39:37] | Nothing. I’m free. | 没什么 我有空 |
[39:39] | No group this time. | 这次没有其他人 |
[39:40] | No group this time. | 没有其他人 |
[39:41] | Good, so next Saturday. | 好 那下周六 |
[39:47] | Thanks for feeding Frank. | 谢谢你给Frank吃的 |
[39:48] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[39:50] | And I promise not to call you kiddo again, I kinda picked up on that sarcasm from before. | 我保证再也不叫你老姐了 我以前这么叫有点讽刺 |
[39:53] | There are just so many other things you could call me. | 有很多其他称呼可以叫我 |
[39:56] | That’s an opening. | 这是个开始 |
[39:59] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[40:00] | Bye, Ace. | 拜拜 Ace |
[40:09] | – Luke. – Are you okay? | – Luke – 你还好吗? |
[40:10] | Yeah, I – | 好 我… |
[40:10] | Sure? I got here, there was no answer. | 你确定吗?我到了这 没人应门 |
[40:13] | You got my message. | 你听了我的留言了? |
[40:15] | Yeah, I was home and I couldn’t reach the phone, so I ran over here. | 对 我在家 打不通你的电话 就跑过来了 |
[40:19] | I knocked, there was no answer, so I tried the loose window, | 我敲门 又没人应 我想爬松了的窗户 |
[40:22] | but I fixed that last week, and then I realized I fixed all the stupid ways there were | 但是我上周修好了 然后我意识到 我修好了所有可以溜进你家的地方 |
[40:25] | to get in your house, and I broke the back door lock and I ran inside and you weren’t there. | 我就弄坏了你后门的锁进屋 你又不在 |
[40:29] | – Oh, my God. – It’s okay, I can fix it. | – 噢 天哪 – 没关系 我可以修好 |
[40:32] | I’m so sorry, Luke. I will never do this to you ever again. | 我很抱歉 Luke 我不会再这样做了 |
[40:35] | I am absolutely humiliated. | 我真是丢人 |
[40:37] | I was hurting, and I knew if I called you you’d come. | 我当时很伤心 我知道打给你 你就会过来 |
[40:41] | – I never should have done that. – It’s okay. | – 我不应该那么做 – 没事 |
[40:43] | No, it’s not okay. It’s not okay. I am not that girl. | 不 有事 我不是那种女人 |
[40:45] | I am not the one who cries and falls apart | 不是那种哭得伤心欲绝 |
[40:48] | and calls her ex-boyfriend to come and save her. | 然后打电话给前男友要他过来拯救自己 |
[40:54] | Thank you so much for coming, and for breaking my door. | 谢谢你过来 还有闯进我家 |
[40:58] | You’re an amazing guy for doing that. | 你能这样做真好 |
[41:00] | What’s that? | 这是什么? |
[41:03] | It’s the tape from your answering machine. | 这是你答录机里的录音带 |
[41:05] | From my answering machine? | 我的答录机? |
[41:07] | The last crazy thing you will ever have to endure from me, I promise. | 我保证 这是我做的最后一件疯狂的事 以后你不用再忍受我了 |
[41:11] | I just want you to know that I heard you when you said that you’re out. I did. | 我只是想你知道 我听到你说不想和我一起了 我听到了 |
[41:15] | I’m going to respect that from now on. | 从现在起 我尊重你的选择 |
[41:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:22] | You should go. It’s cold. | 你该走了 这里很冷 |
[41:25] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[41:35] | Synchro: Amariss – www. forom. com – |