时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Shaun, did you undress me? | 肖恩 是你给我脱的衣服吗 |
[00:16] | Except your underpants. | 没脱内裤 |
[00:19] | How long have you been here? | 你在这里多久了 |
[00:20] | All night. | 整晚都在 |
[00:23] | You should be at work. | 你该去上班 |
[00:24] | I’m taking the day off. | 我今天请假了 |
[00:26] | No, you should be at work. | 不行 你该去上班 |
[00:28] | You’re sick all the time, not just after hours. | 你一直在生病 并不只是下班的时候 |
[00:31] | Shaun, you shouldn’t give up your life. | 肖恩 你该过自己的生活 |
[00:33] | You have my number. You check in with me. | 你有我电话 给我打电话就行 |
[00:35] | I have 15 paid vacation days and 10 sick days per year, | 我每年有十五天带薪假和十天病假 |
[00:39] | but I can only take sick days when I’m sick, | 但我只能在自己生病时请病假 |
[00:41] | not when you are, | 而不是在你生病时 |
[00:41] | so this is a vacation. | 所以这算休假 |
[00:46] | The plan is to align your eyes | 我们计划用牵张成骨术 |
[00:47] | using what’s called distraction osteogenesis. | 让你的双眼重新在一条线上 |
[00:50] | We cut the bone and implant posts | 我们切除骨头并在你的眼眶两侧 |
[00:52] | on either side of your eye orbits. | 植入牵张器 |
[00:55] | Then we slowly expand that distance, | 然后慢慢扩大距离 |
[00:58] | allowing for new bone to grow in the gaps. | 让新的骨骼在间隔中生长 |
[01:01] | Will it hurt? | 会很疼吗 |
[01:03] | For mere mortals it would, | 普通人会感觉疼 |
[01:05] | but with your pain tolerance, it’ll tickle. | 但对你的疼痛阙值而言就是挠痒痒 |
[01:08] | You up for this? | 你觉得可以吗 |
[01:11] | So I’ll have perfectly aligned eyes | 这样我的两只眼睛能在一条线上 |
[01:13] | but still look like a wad of chewing gum. | 而看起来却依然像是一团口香糖 |
[01:15] | Molly… | 莫莉 |
[01:17] | You lost an awful lot of bone and soft tissue in the accident, | 你在事故中失去了许多骨骼和软组织 |
[01:20] | and in terms of facial reconstruction, | 对面部重建来说 |
[01:22] | we’ve actually come a long way in the past two years. | 我们在过去两年间的治疗已经卓有成效 |
[01:24] | And after 12 surgeries, | 而且十二次手术之后 |
[01:26] | you get your own personalized coffee mug. | 你能拿到量身定制的咖啡杯 |
[01:29] | Oh, I forgot about that. | 我都忘了 |
[01:30] | Okay, when can we get prepped? | 那好 我们什么时候开始准备 |
[01:31] | Is now too soon? | 现在会不会太快了 |
[01:37] | Car accident. Karin Tindle, 14. | 车祸 卡琳·汀达尔 十四岁 |
[01:40] | She was sleeping in the back. | 她当时在后座睡觉 |
[01:41] | Trucker in the oncoming lane fell asleep. | 对面车道的卡车司机睡着了 |
[01:42] | She wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. | 她当时没系安全带 |
[01:44] | Head trauma, not responsive, | 头部受伤 没有反应 |
[01:45] | GCS of 5 with decorticate posturing. | 昏迷评分为五 呈现去皮质体位 |
[01:47] | Sounds like a bleed in the brain. | 听上去像是脑出血 |
[01:48] | And she has a 25-point difference in blood pressures between her arms. | 并且她的双臂血压差值达到25 |
[01:51] | – Possible aortic dissection. – Head and heart. | -可能是主动脉夹层 -脑和心脏 |
[01:53] | Page Dr. Melendez. | 呼叫梅伦德斯医生 |
[01:54] | Have him meet us in the O.R. | 告诉他去手术室会合 |
[01:56] | Have you contacted Karin’s father? | 你联系卡琳的父亲了吗 |
[01:58] | He passed away three years ago. | 他三年前去世了 |
[01:59] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[02:01] | Why isn’t she waking up? | 为什么她不醒 |
[02:04] | We’re gonna take good care of her. | 交给我们吧 |
[02:18] | CT confirmed an aortic dissection. | CT确诊主动脉夹层分离 |
[02:20] | She needs a thoracotomy. | 需要开胸 |
[02:21] | Aorta hasn’t ruptured yet… | 主动脉还没破裂 |
[02:23] | And she has a pseudoaneurysm. | 出现假动脉瘤 |
[02:24] | We need to get after her head trauma first. | 我们需要先治疗头部伤 |
[02:26] | I don’t see any major brain bleeds | 我没发现任何主要脑出血点 |
[02:28] | and we can monitor pressures. | 我们也能测到血压 |
[02:30] | In this case, the heart trumps the head. | 这种情况下应先治疗心脏 |
[02:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:39] | I have two major symptoms — | 我有两个主要症状 |
[02:41] | nausea and boredom. | 恶心加无聊 |
[02:43] | I didn’t know boredom was a symptom of chemotherapy. | 我可不知道化疗还能导致无聊 |
[02:47] | It’s a symptom of sitting on my ass all day. | 这是因为我在这里躺了一天 |
[02:50] | I used to run a 700-bed hospital | 我以前可是运营着一家有七百床位 |
[02:53] | with a staff of thousands. | 数千名员工的大医院 |
[02:55] | Now all I have to think about is how I keep my food down | 而现在我只要想着如何别吐出来 |
[02:58] | and how many bowel movements I’ve had all week. | 算着一整周我拉撒几次 |
[03:01] | Four. | 四次 |
[03:03] | And I don’t have to think about that. | 你看我连这都不用算 |
[03:09] | You know what I need? | 你知道我需要什么吗 |
[03:11] | My meds. | 我的药 |
[03:13] | Will you do me a favor and run and pick these up? | 你能帮我去取一下这些药吗 |
[03:19] | When I come back, we can do “Mad Libs.” | 我回来后我们可以玩「疯狂填词」 |
[03:27] | Unclamp. | 松钳 |
[03:33] | Graft is holding. | 支架撑好了 |
[03:34] | That’s one fire out. Drill. | 有一个出血点 钻孔 |
[03:37] | Pupils are blown. | 瞳孔出现放大 |
[03:38] | ICPs are spiking way up, | 颅内压在飙升 |
[03:40] | brain perfusion CPP is down. | 脑灌注压在下降 |
[03:42] | She needs a hemicraniectomy. | 她需要开颅降压 |
[03:43] | Let’s sit her up. | 把她扶起来 |
[03:47] | It’s marijuana. | 这是大麻 |
[03:49] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[03:52] | It’s marijuana. | 这可是大麻 |
[03:53] | Medicinal marijuana. Hold on. | 医用大麻 别慌 |
[03:57] | One…for the boredom. | 一粒治无聊 |
[04:00] | One for the nausea. | 一粒治恶心 |
[04:02] | Can I try one? | 能给我一粒吗 |
[04:04] | I met someone who said cannabidiol | 我曾遇到个人说大麻二酚 |
[04:07] | improved his ASD symptoms. | 可以改善自闭症状 |
[04:09] | A person? | 一个人 |
[04:10] | You met a person once? | 你曾遇见过一个人 |
[04:12] | Shaun, have you heard of the scientific method? | 肖恩 听说过科学的方法吗 |
[04:15] | I’d like to perform a practical, | 我想做一个实际 |
[04:17] | albeit anecdotal, experiment. | 尽管有些道听途说的试验 |
[04:20] | Since you’re on vacation… | 鉴于你正在休假 |
[04:21] | and we can keep an eye out on each other… | 我们能够互相照看 |
[04:28] | One. One. | 一粒 就一粒 |
[04:31] | One. Take one. | 一粒 吃一粒 |
[04:45] | Cruciate wide incision of the dura. | 硬脑膜十字宽切口 |
[04:48] | – Brain edema. – She’s bradycardic. | -脑水肿 -她心动过缓 |
[04:49] | Push another 50 grams of Mannitol | 再推注五十克甘露醇 |
[04:51] | and ventilate down her CO2. | 减缓二氧化碳通气 |
[04:52] | – No corneal reflex. – No overbreathing vent. | -无角膜反射 -无过度呼吸 |
[04:54] | No brain stem reflexes. | 无脑干反射 |
[04:57] | She’s brain-dead. | 她已脑死亡 |
[05:18] | Fore! | 让开 |
[05:22] | You broke my house. | 你毁了我的屋子 |
[05:24] | You got to club down. It’s just 12 yards. | 悠着点 只有十一米 |
[05:26] | It’s a little dog leg. | 就跟小狗的腿一样长 |
[05:28] | Here. Watch this. | 来 看着点 |
[05:32] | It’s in the cup. | 进杯子里了 |
[05:34] | Nice shot, Glassy. | 好球 小格 |
[05:35] | You’re gonna call me Glassy? | 你也打算叫我小格了 |
[05:37] | All right. I’m gonna call you Smurf. | 好吧 我准备称呼你为肖莫 |
[05:39] | Smurf. This –this is very interesting. | 肖莫 有点意思 |
[05:42] | I find that very funny. | 我觉得很有意思 |
[05:44] | But it’s not. | 但并不是 |
[05:46] | It’s not. Am I high? | 并不是 我是嗨了吗 |
[05:47] | I think you’re pretty high, yeah. | 我觉得你很嗨了 |
[05:49] | Am I acting more… normal? | 我是不是表现得更正常了 |
[05:52] | – No, you’re acting high. – Smurf. Smurf. | -你表现得很嗨 -肖莫 肖莫 |
[05:56] | – Why is Smurf funny? – I don’t know. | -为什么肖莫很有趣 -我不知道 |
[05:58] | It’s — it’s, um — | 就是 就是 |
[05:59] | You take the first letter of the first name | 取名字的第一个字 |
[06:02] | and you attach it to the first syllable of your last name, see? | 同你姓的第一个字组合起来 就成了 |
[06:06] | S-S-S-Murph. Smurf. | 肖恩·莫菲 肖莫 |
[06:09] | We did it all the time in high school. | 高中时候我们常这么做 |
[06:11] | So your name was A-Glass? | 所以你叫作亚格 |
[06:15] | Yeah, no, it didn’t work for me. | 不 我的就不能这么叫 |
[06:17] | Okay, serious now. | 好了 认真点 |
[06:19] | Where’s the next hole? | 下一个洞在哪里 |
[06:20] | Right there. Careful of the hazard right behind it. | 就在那 小心背后的危险 |
[06:26] | – Okay, Sam Snead. – Dr. Glassman. | -好的 山姆·斯内德 -格拉斯曼医生 |
[06:28] | See what you got. | 看你的本事 |
[07:16] | How’s Lea? | 莉亚还好吗 |
[07:18] | Lee-Ya. | 莉亚 |
[07:24] | Lee-Ya! | 莉亚 |
[07:25] | There should be a “Y” in her name. | 她名字拼写里应该有个Y |
[07:28] | Lee-Ya. | 莉亚 |
[07:30] | She still into Jack? | 她还喜欢杰克吗 |
[07:32] | No. | 不 |
[07:34] | She is into Jake. | 她喜欢杰克 |
[07:37] | Who the hell is Jake? | 杰克是谁 |
[07:38] | Jake is the guy | 杰克就是那个 |
[07:42] | Lea is into. | 莉亚喜欢的男人 |
[07:46] | You okay with that? | 你能接受吗 |
[07:50] | I don’t think you’re okay with that. | 我认为你不能接受 |
[07:53] | I think that’s why you’re here. | 我认为你来这是因为他 |
[07:55] | I’m here to help you through chemo. | 我来这是帮你度过化疗 |
[08:00] | When a guy is stoned, | 当一个人嗑嗨了 |
[08:02] | he can tell another guy anything that’s in his heart. | 就会对其他人畅所欲言 |
[08:06] | You know, all the messy, scary, embarrassing stuff | 所有糟糕 吓人和尴尬的事情 |
[08:09] | that he would otherwise never, ever, ever tell anyone. | 换作平时他才不会告诉任何人 |
[08:14] | So what are you thinking? | 所以你在想什么 |
[08:20] | A dog pooped on your lawn. | 有只狗在你的草坪上拉屎了 |
[08:41] | You were right to insist | 你坚持先治疗主动脉 |
[08:42] | that we deal with the aorta before the brain. | 再治疗大脑是对的 |
[08:46] | I appreciate you saying that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[08:49] | Don’t let guilt make you second-guess yourself. | 别因为内疚就怀疑自己 |
[08:54] | Why would I have guilt? | 我为什么要内疚 |
[08:56] | You shouldn’t. That’s my point. | 你不该内疚 这就是我想说的 |
[08:59] | Good. | 很好 |
[09:10] | I’m hungry. Are you hungry? | 我饿了 你饿吗 |
[09:11] | I think I am. | 我觉得我饿了 |
[09:13] | When a man’s hungry, you know what a man wants? | 当一个男人饿了 你知道他想要什么吗 |
[09:14] | There’s an open can of chickpeas in the fridge. | 冰箱里有一罐开了的鹰嘴豆 |
[09:17] | – Mallomars. – What are Mal– | -棉花糖巧克力曲奇 -什么是棉花 |
[09:19] | What are — what — what is the Mallomar? | 棉花糖巧克力曲奇是什么 |
[09:20] | Pure chocolate, fluffy marshmallows | 纯巧克力 松软的棉花糖 |
[09:24] | on a crispy bed of graham goodness. | 铺在一层酥脆的饼干上 |
[09:27] | Get us an Uber. | 叫辆优步 |
[09:38] | The next few days are going to be filled | 接下来几天你会面临 |
[09:40] | with many difficult decisions. | 许多艰难的抉择 |
[09:44] | Decisions no parent should ever have to make. | 任何一位家长应该都无法面对的抉择 |
[09:49] | We’ve kept your daughter on life support | 我们用机器维持着你女儿的生命 |
[09:52] | – because we — – You… | -因为我们 -你 |
[09:57] | want to ask about organ donation. | 想问器官捐赠的事 |
[10:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:05] | You want her what? Her heart? | 你想要她的什么 心脏吗 |
[10:09] | Unfortunately, her heart was injured by the trauma, | 不幸的是 她的心脏因为创伤而损坏了 |
[10:13] | as were several other organs. | 其他几个器官也一样 |
[10:19] | We have a 16-year-old girl | 我们这里有个十六岁的女孩 |
[10:21] | who had a tragic accident a couple of years ago | 几年前因为一次悲惨的意外 |
[10:27] | that destroyed her face. | 毁掉了她的脸 |
[10:30] | And we were hoping that you might… | 所以我们希望您可以… |
[10:32] | You…want to take my daughter’s face… | 你想把我女儿的脸 |
[10:37] | and put it on someone else? | 移植到其他人身上 |
[10:41] | This young girl’s life has been devastated, | 这位小姑娘的人生已经被毁了 |
[10:45] | and you have a chance… | 而您现在有机会可以… |
[10:46] | No. | 不 |
[10:49] | I’m sorry, Dr. Andrews. | 很抱歉 安德鲁斯医生 |
[10:52] | No. | 不行 |
[11:04] | Okay, how about this one? | 好吧 这句话如何 |
[11:06] | “The ugly can be beautiful. | 「丑陋的人可以变美 |
[11:08] | The pretty, never.” | 漂亮的则绝无机会」 |
[11:11] | Seems a little judge-y. | 听上去有点毒舌啊 |
[11:13] | Yeah, well, it was Oscar Wilde. | 是啊 但这是奥斯卡·王尔德说的 |
[11:15] | Fair enough. | 难怪 |
[11:19] | So I’m guessing you didn’t see the Quakes last night. | 我猜你昨晚没看地震队的比赛吧 |
[11:22] | The San Jose Earthquakes? | 圣何塞地震队 |
[11:24] | Your home team? | 你家乡的球队 |
[11:25] | Yeah, I know who the Quakes are. | 我知道地震队是哪支球队 |
[11:27] | I recorded it. | 我录下来了 |
[11:28] | No, you didn’t. | 不可能 |
[11:30] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[11:31] | I watch enough soccer for the both of us. | 我已经把我俩要看的球赛都看过了 |
[11:35] | They won 3 to 2, by the way. | 话说 他们三比二赢了 |
[11:37] | Beautiful goal in extra time. | 加时赛的那粒进球简直完美 |
[11:48] | They didn’t have any either. | 他们这里也没有 |
[11:50] | Well, that’s all the major chains. | 所有的大型连锁超市都去过了 |
[11:52] | We’re 0 for 4. | 跑了四家一无所获 |
[11:53] | Our next place is on Thornwood Drive, | 我们的下一个目的地是桑伍德路 |
[11:57] | just west of Santa Teresa Boulevard. | 就在圣特蕾莎大道西边 |
[12:00] | That’s in Alamitos. | 在阿拉米托斯 |
[12:01] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:03] | There are still 28 stores | 在大圣何塞地区 |
[12:04] | in the greater San Jose area that we can try | 我们还有28家店可以尝试 |
[12:07] | and I’ve devised a route starting in the south | 我已经制定好了路线 从南边开始 |
[12:08] | working counterclockwise around the city | 以逆时针方向绕城一周 |
[12:11] | to best avoid traffic. | 可以完美避开堵车路段 |
[12:14] | We’ll buy you a box, I promise. | 我们会给你也买一盒 我保证 |
[12:16] | Okay, guys, I, uh, like a big fare | 好吧 伙计们 我也希望 |
[12:19] | as much as the next driver | 每单生意都可以赚这么多 |
[12:21] | but racking up hundreds of dollars on a munchie quest | 但只是带你们买个零食就收几百块 |
[12:23] | is starting to feel exploitative. | 让我有点良心不安 |
[12:26] | What do you say I order ahead for pizza | 不如我先点个披萨 |
[12:28] | and then we just pick it up on the way home? | 然后回家的路上去拿怎么样 |
[12:29] | – I don’t want pizza. – I don’t want pizza. | -我不想要披萨 -我也不想要披萨 |
[12:31] | What takeout food do you like? | 那你们喜欢什么样的外带食物 |
[12:33] | – I like pancakes. – I don’t want pancakes. | -我喜欢煎饼 -我不想吃煎饼 |
[12:35] | I don’t want to go home. | 我不想回家 |
[12:43] | We’re paying you to drive us. | 我们就是付钱让你来开车的 |
[12:46] | You want these cookies? | 你真的想买这种饼干吗 |
[12:49] | What is the real reason? | 到底是因为什么 |
[12:53] | – You’ll laugh. – What’s the funny reason? | -你们会笑我的 -好笑的原因是什么 |
[12:58] | I had a crush on a girl. | 我以前喜欢一个女孩 |
[13:01] | Robin Demayne. | 叫罗宾·德梅因 |
[13:04] | Senior year in high school. | 在高三的时候 |
[13:08] | Her favorite snack. | 这是她最喜欢的零食 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:18] | Are we going to get Mallomars? | 我们继续找棉花糖巧克力曲奇吗 |
[13:20] | Nope. | 不 |
[13:21] | You have been harboring feelings for this girl | 你已经把对这个女孩的感情 |
[13:24] | for over 40 years. | 隐藏了四十多年 |
[13:26] | That is a worthy quest. | 这很值得探寻一番 |
[13:28] | Now, how do you spell “Demayne”? | 现在告诉我德梅因是怎么拼的 |
[13:30] | D-e? | 德 |
[13:37] | You’re the same sex, race, approximate age, | 你们性别 种族都相同 年龄相近 |
[13:40] | share compatible blood types and antigens, | 有相容的血型和抗原 |
[13:42] | and a whole bunch of other things that make you the perfect match. | 还有一大堆其他完全匹配的地方 |
[13:47] | And we just received permission from her next of kin. | 而且我们刚刚收到她直系亲属的许可 |
[14:00] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:17] | Our donor’s on life support but her heart is compromised, | 捐赠者现在靠机器维持生命 但心脏已受损 |
[14:21] | so we are very much on the clock. | 所以我们时间紧张 |
[14:23] | Cancel all elective surgeries, all personal plans, | 取消所有选择性外科手术和个人计划 |
[14:26] | and all hopes of sleep. | 也都别想睡觉了 |
[14:29] | This is your home for the next two days. | 接下来的两天这里就是你们的家 |
[14:36] | Let’s give Molly a new face. | 让我们给莫莉一张新的脸 |
[14:46] | There is another Robin Demayne living in San Mateo. | 还有个罗宾·德梅因住在圣马特奥 |
[14:51] | That’s less than half an hour from here. | 从这里开过去半小时不到 |
[14:53] | Ooh, I found one in Los Gatos, even closer. | 我发现洛斯盖多斯还有一个 更近 |
[14:56] | You realize how stupid this is, right? | 你意识到这有多傻了吗 |
[14:59] | This is a quest. A quest is never stupid. | 这是一种探寻 探寻从来都不傻 |
[15:01] | A quest is, by definition, almost always stupid. | 探寻 从定义上看 几乎总是傻的 |
[15:04] | Why would I want to see Robin Demayne | 为什么这么多年后 |
[15:06] | after all these years? | 我还要见罗宾·德梅因 |
[15:07] | To tell her you love her? | 为了告诉她你爱她 |
[15:09] | I just want a cookie! | 我只是想买饼干 |
[15:12] | I wasn’t in love with her. | 我那时候并没有爱上她 |
[15:14] | I was a teenager. | 我只是个青少年 |
[15:17] | I was infatuated. | 我只是有点迷恋她 |
[15:20] | And whenever you thought about her, | 不论什么时候想起她 |
[15:22] | it made you happy. | 都会让你感到高兴 |
[15:23] | And you thought about her all the time. | 你会一直想着她 |
[15:26] | And every time you saw her, | 每次你看到她 |
[15:28] | you felt a rush, light-headed… | 你会觉得紧张 轻飘飘得 |
[15:32] | Is that how you know you’re in love? | 你就是这样知道你坠入爱河了吗 |
[15:35] | That’s how it starts. | 这是如何开始的 |
[15:37] | And when you’re not with that person, | 当你不和那个人在一起的时候 |
[15:39] | you miss them so much you’re willing to drive to 32 stores | 你会特别想他们而愿意开车去32家店 |
[15:43] | to find a sensory reminder | 寻找一个能找回 |
[15:45] | that might bring back those memories. | 那些记忆的感官提示物 |
[16:53] | Ride home’s on me. | 我免费送你们回家 |
[16:59] | Flake. | 芬莱克 |
[17:00] | Flake’s a guy from my high school. | 芬莱克是我高中的同学 |
[17:02] | He knew everyone, he kept track of everyone, | 他认识所有人 他知道所有人的动向 |
[17:05] | and I guarantee you he never left Livermore. | 我保证他不会离开利弗莫尔 |
[17:07] | We need to go to Livermore and ask Flake about Robin. | 我们得去利弗莫尔找芬莱克问罗宾 |
[17:12] | We’re going to Livermore. | 我们去利弗莫尔 |
[17:19] | Every lab and imaging test that comes back | 每一份化验和影像结果 |
[17:21] | just reinforces the fact that this really is | 都证实了这真的是 |
[17:23] | a one-in-a-million match. | 百万分之一的匹配 |
[17:26] | Nice. | 很好 |
[17:28] | Yeah, it is. | 对 确实是 |
[17:31] | It’s also very scary | 这也非常吓人 |
[17:34] | and natural to be having second thoughts. | 你要再考虑一下也很正常 |
[17:38] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[17:41] | I-I don’t know how to accept a gift like this… | 我不知道如何接受这样一份馈赠 |
[17:45] | someone else’s face, someone else’s identity… | 另一个人的脸 另一个人的身份 |
[17:50] | The face is just a mask. | 脸只是一张面具 |
[17:52] | – It’s what’s – Underneath that counts? | -是 -内涵才重要吗 |
[17:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:57] | Those lame quotes we’ve been mocking, | 那些我们一直在嘲笑的蹩脚的话 |
[17:59] | you’re gonna use them on me? | 你要用在我身上吗 |
[18:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:15] | Molly. | 莫莉 |
[18:17] | Right now, your face is the only thing anyone sees. | 现在 别人只能看到你的脸 |
[18:22] | This operation will change that. | 这台手术会改变这件事 |
[18:26] | It’ll let the world see not your new face | 这会让世界不仅看到你的新面孔 |
[18:30] | but what has always been behind it. | 还有一直藏在后面的你 |
[18:44] | Will it count towards the coffee mug? | 做完这台手术就够得咖啡杯了吧 |
[18:50] | Flake lives at your old high school? | 芬莱克的家是你原来的高中学校吗 |
[18:53] | He was the janitor back then. | 那时候他是门卫 |
[18:55] | He’s the janitor now. | 现在他是门卫 |
[18:56] | He’ll probably be the janitor | 或许在地球撞上太阳的时候 |
[18:58] | when this planet crashes into the sun. | 他还是门卫 |
[19:01] | – Flake. – Findlay Lake was his name. | -芬莱克 -他以前叫芬德利·莱克 |
[19:09] | Hey, Flakey. | 你好啊 老芬 |
[19:10] | Hey yourself, Glaaron Assman. | 你也好 格拉伦·笨蛋 |
[19:12] | Your name was Glaaron Assman. | 你以前叫格拉伦·笨蛋 |
[19:19] | His name was Glaaron Assman. | 他以前叫格拉伦·笨蛋 |
[19:25] | 1973 state championship. | 1973年的州锦标赛 |
[19:28] | He threw for 460 yards. | 他扔了420米 |
[19:31] | And if you squint hard enough, | 如果你眯起眼睛使劲看 |
[19:33] | you’ll see who was named MVP. | 你能看到谁是最佳选手 |
[19:35] | You said you had something to show us? | 你说你有东西要给我们看吗 |
[19:37] | Oh, yeah. Wait right here. | 对 在这等等 |
[20:10] | Shannon? | 香侬 |
[20:12] | I keep thinking she’s just sleeping. | 我一直觉得她只是睡着了 |
[20:17] | How can I say goodbye? | 让我怎么告别 |
[20:47] | We call it the Walk of Honor. | 这叫做「致敬之道」 |
[20:49] | To thank your daughter for her sacrifice. | 为感谢你女儿做出的牺牲 |
[22:42] | 1973年毕业生 罗宾真漂亮 | |
[22:43] | Do you remember a guy named Bobby Juarez? | 你记得一个叫鲍比·华雷斯的人吗 |
[22:46] | Tall kid but too clumsy to play hoops? | 长挺高的但是太笨了玩不了铁环的那孩子 |
[22:50] | He told me that Robin married a dentist named Scaplin | 他告诉我罗宾和一个姓斯佳普林的牙医结婚了 |
[22:53] | and moved out of state. | 并且搬去别的州了 |
[22:55] | You couldn’t tell me that when I called? | 我打电话的时候不能告诉我吗 |
[22:57] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见见你 |
[23:00] | I found her. | 我找到她了 |
[23:01] | Robin Scaplin is in Portland, Oregon. | 罗宾·斯佳普林在俄勒冈州的波特兰市 |
[23:06] | It’s an 11 hour and 27 minute drive. | 从这里要开车11小时27分钟 |
[23:12] | Fill up the tank, I guess. | 把油加满吧 |
[23:14] | We’re going to Portland. | 我们要去波特兰 |
[23:37] | 10 blade. | 十号刀 |
[23:48] | 10 blade. | 十号刀 |
[24:04] | Proximal facial nerve isolated and dissected. | 近端面部神经已经分开剥离 |
[24:07] | Okay, let’s start the heavy lifting. | 好的 我们开始重头戏吧 |
[24:34] | Clamping the left and right common carotid arteries | 夹住左侧和右侧的颈总动脉 |
[24:38] | and jugular veins… | 还有颈静脉血管 |
[24:40] | Cutting the carotids and jugulars… | 切开总动脉和颈静脉血管 |
[24:47] | Let’s do it. | 来吧 |
[26:03] | It’s a long way to go to visit a married woman | 去见一位高中毕业后就没见过 |
[26:07] | you haven’t seen since high school | 还可能不在家的已婚妇女 |
[26:08] | who may not even be home. | 折腾了好长的路 |
[26:10] | She’s home. I called at the last stop. | 她在家 我在上一站打过电话了 |
[26:13] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[26:15] | “Hello.” | 你好 |
[26:17] | What did you say? | 你说了什么 |
[26:18] | Nothing. He hung up. | 什么也没说 他挂了 |
[26:21] | When you sober up, | 等你清醒以后 |
[26:22] | you are gonna want to turn around and go home. | 你会想掉头回家的 |
[26:29] | Probably. | 大概吧 |
[26:58] | As rehearsed — | 按照练习的来 |
[26:59] | veins, arteries, nerves, | 血管 动脉 神经 |
[27:00] | in that order, from the chin up. | 按这个顺序 从下巴往上 |
[27:01] | Yes? | 明白吗 |
[27:15] | Can I get the osteosynthetic plates and screws, please? | 能给我骨缝合板和螺钉吗 |
[27:20] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:21] | I tore part of the donor’s artery. | 我撕裂了供体的一部分动脉 |
[27:23] | I need more interrupted sutures. | 我需要更多的间断缝合线 |
[27:25] | Let’s keep our focus, people. | 大家专心点 |
[27:27] | Dr. Browne, | 布朗医生 |
[27:28] | Molly’s parents would like to see you on your next break. | 莫莉的父母想在你下次休息时见你 |
[27:31] | Take it now. | 现在去吧 |
[27:33] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[27:35] | Dr. Park? | 朴医生 |
[28:00] | 斯佳普林宅 绿露台大道5516号 | |
[28:10] | I had a huge crush on Robin Demayne. | 我疯狂地爱上了罗宾·德梅因 |
[28:14] | A thoroughly unrequited crush… | 完全没有回应的暗恋 |
[28:17] | that slowly turned into a grudge. | 就慢慢转变成了一种怨恨 |
[28:22] | Last day of school, | 毕业前的日子 |
[28:23] | kids were passing around their yearbooks, | 大家在传毕业纪念册 |
[28:25] | and I signed in hers | 我在她的纪念册上 |
[28:29] | something that was borne out of anger | 写了一些出于愤怒 |
[28:31] | and resentment and pettiness. | 不满和偏狭的东西 |
[28:34] | It was designed to be somewhat humorous, but… | 本来想写成有点幽默感的那种 |
[28:38] | was really just mostly hurtful. | 但却写得非常伤人 |
[28:41] | Later that day, at the award ceremony, | 接下来那天 在颁奖典礼上 |
[28:45] | I was skimming through my yearbook | 我在浏览我的纪念册时 |
[28:48] | and saw what she wrote me… | 看到她写给我的是 |
[28:51] | “I have only two regrets — | 我只有两个遗憾 |
[28:54] | my haircut in junior year | 第一是我高二时的发型 |
[28:57] | and that you never asked me out.” | 第二是你没约我出去 |
[29:03] | And just then, I looked out in the crowd and saw her. | 就在这时 我向人群中看去 看到了她 |
[29:08] | Her eyes were red, | 她的眼睛红红的 |
[29:10] | obviously crying, obviously very hurt. | 显然是哭过 显然很伤心 |
[29:15] | And at that exact moment, I was awarded my trophy. | 而那时我正好在领奖杯 |
[29:19] | I looked for her after but never saw her again. | 我之后有找过她 但再没看见过她了 |
[29:25] | Is that all the scary, messy, embarrassing stuff | 这是不是男孩们从来没告诉过谁的那种 |
[29:29] | that guys never, ever tell anyone? | 可怕混乱又令人羞愧的事 |
[29:35] | Pretty much. | 算是吧 |
[29:44] | Dean and Lori? | 迪恩 洛丽 |
[29:46] | This is Shannon. | 这是香侬 |
[29:51] | Thank you for meeting with us. | 谢谢你来见我们 |
[29:54] | And for… | 还有 |
[29:56] | everything. | 所有这一切 |
[29:58] | If you don’t mind, we have so many questions for you, | 如果你不介意 我们想问你几个 |
[30:00] | about your daughter. | 关于你女儿的问题 |
[30:02] | We’d like to know what she was like, | 我们想知道她是什么样的人 |
[30:05] | what she liked to do. | 她喜欢做什么 |
[30:07] | Molly wants to know, too. | 莫莉也想知道 |
[30:19] | Her name was Karin. | 她叫卡琳 |
[30:22] | And I killed her. | 而我杀了她 |
[30:34] | I’m supposed to tell you to get back in. | 我是来叫你进去的 |
[30:39] | Don’t let him get to you. | 别让他干扰到你 |
[30:41] | It’s not him, it’s you. | 不是他 是你 |
[30:44] | Your advice that I shouldn’t be second-guessing myself | 你建议我不要事后怀疑自己 |
[30:46] | is making me think you must be second-guessing yourself. | 这让我觉得你肯定怀疑你自己了 |
[30:49] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[30:50] | You’re the one who insisted | 你当时坚持 |
[30:51] | we deal with the heart before the brain. | 我们先治心脏再治大脑的 |
[30:53] | And you didn’t fight me. Why not? | 而你没有反驳我 为什么呢 |
[30:55] | – Because you were right. – I was right. | -因为你是对的 -我是对的 |
[30:56] | But you have never thought anyone | 但从你第一次进手术室 |
[30:58] | other than yourself was right in an O.R. | 你就一直认为在手术室 |
[30:59] | since you first stepped foot in one. | 只有你才是对的 |
[31:02] | You backed off ’cause we’re sleeping together. | 你退让是因为我们一起睡了 |
[31:16] | The car accident was my fault. | 那起车祸是我的错 |
[31:19] | It was my idea to leave so early, | 是我想那么早出发 |
[31:23] | to let her sleep in the back. | 还让她在后座睡觉 |
[31:26] | It was up to me to make sure she was wearing her seatbelt. | 我本来应该让她系上安全带 |
[31:31] | None of which would’ve mattered | 如果货车司机没睡着 |
[31:34] | if the truck driver hadn’t fallen asleep. | 这一切就都不重要了 |
[31:37] | It’s natural to feel guilt, | 感到内疚是自然的 |
[31:39] | but you have to understand this wasn’t your fault. | 但你必须明白这不是你的错 |
[31:44] | It doesn’t work that way, Dr. Browne. | 不是这样的 布朗医生 |
[31:48] | It was my handgun that hurt Molly. | 伤到莫莉的是我的手枪 |
[31:51] | And you can say that it was a freak accident | 你可以说那是起可怕的意外 |
[31:53] | or that Molly knew she wasn’t supposed to touch it | 或者说莫莉本该知道不能碰那个 |
[31:57] | or some other B.S., but… | 或其他什么原因 |
[32:00] | it was my fault. | 但那是我的错 |
[32:03] | I had one job… | 我只有一个任务 |
[32:06] | and that was to protect my family. | 就是保护好我的家人 |
[32:11] | I didn’t do my job. | 但我没做好 |
[32:14] | And you could try to make sense of it, | 你可以试着解释 |
[32:16] | try to find something, some pleasure somewhere, | 试着找些容易接受的原因 |
[32:19] | some meaning. | 某些意义 |
[32:21] | But there just isn’t. | 但事实并非如此 |
[32:28] | And then your daughter… | 你的女儿 |
[32:32] | …does this for us… | 为我们做了这些 |
[32:54] | Hi, Robin. | 嗨 罗宾 |
[32:57] | Aaron? | 亚伦 |
[33:14] | He had a huge crush on you. | 他曾非常喜欢你 |
[33:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:21] | That’s not why I’m here, though. | 虽然这不是我在这的原因 |
[33:24] | I’m here to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[33:29] | For what I wrote in your yearbook. | 为我在你毕业纪念册里写的东西道歉 |
[33:32] | Yearbook? | 毕业纪念册 |
[33:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:38] | I wrote something, um… | 我写了一些 |
[33:45] | …hurtful and untrue and really stupid. | 伤人 不实又非常愚蠢的话 |
[33:50] | And then I read what you wrote in mine. | 然后我读了你写给我的 |
[33:56] | What did I write? | 我写了什么 |
[34:00] | She had a bad haircut in junior year. | 她在高二时剪了一个很糟糕的发型 |
[34:05] | I certainly remember that. | 我当然记得 |
[34:09] | Yeah, well, it was a long time ago. | 对 那是很久以前的事了 |
[34:12] | Anyway, I just — I wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我只是 我想说我很抱歉 |
[34:18] | Well… | 怎么说 |
[34:20] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[34:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:28] | Mallomars. | 棉花糖巧克力曲奇 |
[34:33] | Robin’s favorite snack. | 罗宾最喜欢的零食 |
[34:48] | Right side donor to recipient vessels are anastomosed. | 右侧供体与受体血管是吻合的 |
[34:50] | Ditto on the left. | 左边也是 |
[34:51] | Let’s see how our plumbing works. | 我们看看血管怎么样 |
[34:53] | Unclamp them, please. | 松开吧 |
[35:00] | She’s pinking up. | 她正在恢复血色了 |
[35:11] | Moving on. Motor and sensory neurorrhaphies… | 继续运动和感觉神经缝合 |
[35:58] | How’s our girl doing? | 小姑娘怎么样了 |
[36:00] | She’s just waking up now. | 她刚醒 |
[36:08] | Hi, Molly. | 你好 莫莉 |
[36:11] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[36:12] | Terrible. | 很难受 |
[36:14] | Then we’re right on target. | 那我们就做对了 |
[36:17] | You want to have a look? | 你想看看吗 |
[36:19] | No. | 不 |
[36:21] | No rush. | 不着急 |
[36:25] | It is going to look… | 这会看起来… |
[36:28] | surreal. | 超现实 |
[36:30] | Like you’re looking at a stranger. | 就像你看着一个陌生人 |
[36:34] | But it won’t always. | 但不会永远这样 |
[36:37] | Because nobody laughs or holds their head | 因为没有人会像你那样笑声爽朗 |
[36:40] | or looks someone in the eye exactly the way you do. | 昂首挺胸 直视他人的眼睛 |
[36:52] | Okay. | 好了 |
[37:44] | I apologize | 我很抱歉 |
[37:45] | for telling you how to react to losing a patient. | 告诉你应该怎样应对失去自己的病人 |
[37:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:54] | When I accused you of second-guessing yourself, | 当我指责你 怀疑自己的时候 |
[37:56] | that’s because I’m doing it, too. | 是因为我也是这么做的 |
[38:01] | Our relationship has me questioning everything I do | 我们的关系让我质疑我所做的一切 |
[38:03] | and everything you do. | 和你做的一切 |
[38:05] | You’re making this way more complicated than it has to be. | 你让事情变得更复杂了 |
[38:07] | It is complicated. | 就是很复杂 |
[38:10] | The fact that we’re seeing each other | 我们在一起的事实 |
[38:11] | changes the context of all of our interactions. | 改变了我们所有交流的内容 |
[38:16] | I guess that’s why there are rules against it. | 我想所以医院才有规定禁止同事恋情 |
[38:23] | I think I can keep being a jerk to you at work | 我觉得我可以继续在工作中对你混蛋 |
[38:26] | if that’s what you want. | 如果这是你想要的 |
[38:32] | You think we should end it? | 你觉得我们应该结束吗 |
[38:38] | No. | 不 |
[38:50] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[38:59] | So, once you’re feeling a little less woozy, | 一旦你感觉不那么头晕 |
[39:02] | we’ll set you up with a whole bunch of therapists — | 我们会为你安排一群治疗师 |
[39:04] | speech, occupational, physical. | 语言 职业和物理的 |
[39:10] | Shannon. | 香侬 |
[39:11] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[39:17] | I’m Karin’s mom. | 我是卡琳的母亲 |
[39:25] | I brought something for you. | 我给你带了东西 |
[40:00] | She was beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[40:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:15] | And thank you for timing that elevator ride so perfectly. | 感谢你乘电梯的时间如此恰巧 |
[40:24] | Can I ask you for a favor? | 我能请你帮个忙吗 |
[40:29] | I’d like to say goodbye. | 我想来告别 |
[41:00] | Eh, we’ll clean up tomorrow. | 明天再来打扫 |
[41:02] | And buy a new vase. | 再买个新的花瓶 |
[41:04] | Yeah, buying a new vase is easy. | 买个新的花瓶很简单 |
[41:09] | Vacuuming up my grandmother’s ashes, | 用吸尘器清理我祖母的骨灰 |
[41:12] | not so easy. | 可不简单 |
[41:15] | Are you glad you apologized? | 你道歉了开心吗 |
[41:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:21] | Do you still feel guilty? | 你还觉得内疚吗 |
[41:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:27] | Guilt must be a bad thing if it makes people feel badly | 内疚一定是个坏东西如果它让人们 |
[41:31] | about something they can never fix. | 对永远无法解决的事情感到难过 |
[41:35] | Or maybe it’s a deterrent | 或者是一种威慑 |
[41:37] | so we do the right thing the next time. | 这样下次就能做对了 |
[41:44] | You loved Robin | 你爱过罗宾 |
[41:47] | but could never be with her. | 但永远不会和她在一起 |
[41:49] | Do you wish you’d never met her? | 你希望你从未见过她吗 |
[41:51] | Not for one second. | 一秒都没有过 |
[41:56] | I’m not okay that Lea is into Jake. | 我不能接受莉亚喜欢杰克 |
[42:12] | Good night, Smurf. | 晚安 肖莫 |
[42:15] | Night, Glassy. | 晚安 小格 |