时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[00:07] | That’s your third ding. | 你手机都响第三次了 |
[00:09] | Good morning. It’s Carly. | 早上好 是卡莉的信息 |
[00:11] | She has arrived at her pathology conference. | 她已经要开始开病理学会议了 |
[00:19] | Shaun, you need to text her back. | 肖恩 你给回她信息啊 |
[00:22] | Her text wasn’t a question. It doesn’t require a response. | 她的信息不是问句 不需要回复的 |
[00:28] | True. But it sucks to be left hanging. | 对 但是发了信息别人不回很难受啊 |
[00:32] | You didn’t like how it felt | 你也不喜欢卡莉 |
[00:34] | when you thought Carly was ignoring you. | 不理你的时候啊 对吧 |
[00:42] | I have received your message. | 我收到你的信息了 |
[00:45] | Sent. | 发送 |
[00:51] | You made me breakfast? | 你给我做了早饭啊 |
[00:53] | Oh, God, no. I ordered breakfast. | 天啊 才没有 我叫了早饭 |
[00:55] | But I managed to keep it warm. | 但我自己加热了啊 |
[00:58] | You don’t have to do this. I’m fine. | 你不用这样的 我没事的 |
[01:04] | Did you get any sleep? | 你有睡觉吗 |
[01:06] | I got enough. | 睡够了 |
[01:09] | Her death’s not your fault. | 她的死不是你的错 |
[01:13] | She knew the risks. | 她了解这些风险的 |
[01:14] | She made a choice to save her baby. | 她为了救孩子 自己做出了选择 |
[01:17] | I bet she’d make the same choice again, | 我觉得即便她知道最后会这样 |
[01:19] | even knowing how it would end. | 她还是会做出同样的选择的 |
[01:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:31] | Thanks for breakfast. | 也谢谢你的早饭 |
[01:42] | We do a complete enucleation of the right eye, | 我们要对右眼进行完全的摘除 |
[01:45] | then replace it with the temporary implant, | 然后用暂时植入物代替 |
[01:47] | and in a few weeks, you’ll… | 几周之后 你就 |
[01:48] | You know why blind people don’t skydive? | 你知道为什么盲人不跳伞吗 |
[01:52] | It scares the hell out of the dog. | 会吓死别人的 |
[01:56] | Let the doctors finish. Okay, bud? | 先让医生说完 好吧孩子 |
[01:57] | Yeah, cancer eye out. Fake eye in. | 嗯 癌症眼睛弄出来 假眼睛装进去 |
[02:00] | Just like last time. I got it. | 就跟上次一样 我明白的 |
[02:05] | Check it out. | 看看啊 |
[02:08] | It even moves and everything. | 还会跟着动什么的 |
[02:09] | You can’t even tell it’s fake. | 根本看不出来是假眼 |
[02:12] | Very cool. Like a bionic superhero. | 很酷啊 就好像生化超级英雄一样 |
[02:15] | Yeah, and my superpower is tripping over stuff. | 对啊 我的超能力就是会被一切绊倒 |
[02:20] | What time is the surgery? | 手术是什么时候 |
[02:21] | 3:00. | 三点钟 |
[02:23] | Which means I’ve got six hours left | 说明我还有六个小时 |
[02:26] | to blast some aliens. | 炸掉点外星人呢 |
[02:56] | If anyone utters the word “Bubble Girl,” | 谁要是敢说泡沫女孩这四个字 |
[02:58] | I will transfer to a different hospital. | 我就要转到其他医院去了 |
[03:17] | XGunSubTeam | |
[03:20] | When you were his age, | 你在他这么大的时候 |
[03:21] | would you have faced going blind with h-humor, | 你会一边失明一边保持幽默 |
[03:25] | maturity, and acceptance? | 成熟和接受吗 |
[03:27] | I would have burned things down. | 我估计会把房子点了 |
[03:31] | He’s dealing with it in his own way. | 他在用自己的方来面对 |
[03:34] | We’ll check in with him | 你们去处理 |
[03:35] | while you’re taking care of the rest of the paperwork. | 其他书面文件的时候 我们会看着他的 |
[03:37] | Make sure Charlie knows there’s people he can talk to. | 确保查理知道他有人可以聊天的 |
[03:39] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[03:42] | Dr. Reznick, take Charlie’s blood to the lab. | 雷兹尼克医生 把查理的血液样本拿到化验室去 |
[03:45] | Dr. Browne, talk to him. | 布朗医生 陪他聊聊 |
[03:46] | Maybe he’ll open up to you. | 或许他会跟你敞开心扉的 |
[04:02] | Heart sounds are normal. No sign of pericardial effusion. | 心跳听起来正常 没有心包积液的迹象 |
[04:04] | You are the oldest SCID-patient I am aware of. | 你是我见过最年长的严重联合免疫缺陷病人了 |
[04:08] | People with your condition usually die very young. | 一般得你这种病的人很小就死了 |
[04:11] | Yay. I win. | 好棒哦 |
[04:14] | Tara, imaging confirms that you have infected tissue on your right lung, | 塔拉 片子证实你的右肺组织受到了感染 |
[04:17] | that’s what’s causing your breathing issues. | 所以会引起你的呼吸问题 |
[04:19] | And we’re gonna remove it with a procedure called decortication… | 我们将用一个叫做去皮法的过程来解决这个问题 |
[04:22] | And you’ll use the thoracoscopic approach | 你们会使用胸腔镜入路的方式 |
[04:24] | to decrease risk of infection. | 来减少感染的风险 |
[04:26] | And I’ll be in an enclosed chamber in the O.R. What else? | 我会在一个密闭的空间里做手术 还有什么 |
[04:28] | I assure you, we’ll be taking every precaution to keep you safe. | 我保证 我们会尽一切能力保护你安全的 |
[04:32] | Dr. Melendez, this building is a glorified incubator | 梅伦德斯医生 这座建筑是一个被美化的孵化器 |
[04:34] | for every infection on the planet. | 好像可以阻挡全世界的所有感染 |
[04:37] | Considering I don’t come with an immune system, | 考虑到我天生没有免疫系统 |
[04:39] | I don’t need assurances. | 我不需要你跟我保证什么 |
[04:40] | I need you to tell me how you’re gonna not kill me. | 我需要你告诉我 你怎么样才不会弄死我 |
[04:44] | We will administer a course | 我们会使用 |
[04:46] | of broad-spectrum antibiotics. | 广谱抗生素 |
[04:48] | You will be transported to the O.R. under a respiratory hood. | 你会戴着呼吸罩被送到手术室去 |
[04:51] | The room will be equipped with laminar air flow | 房间里会喘满空气片流 |
[04:53] | and kept at a positive pressure of 8 Pascals. | 来保持8帕斯卡的正压 |
[04:55] | Surgical instruments will be double-sterilized | 手术器械都会二次消毒 |
[04:57] | and all blood products will be irradiated. | 所有的血液相关用品都会经过辐射 |
[04:59] | Thank you, Dr. Murphy. | 谢谢 墨菲医生 |
[05:04] | Visitors will also have to go through a strict decontamination… | 来访者也会经过严格的消毒净化过程 |
[05:07] | There won’t be any. | 不会有人来访的 |
[05:08] | The less time I spend with people, the better. | 我跟人呆的时间越少越好 |
[05:11] | Are we done? | 完事了吗 |
[05:15] | How’d your talk with Charlie go? | 你跟查理聊得怎么样了 |
[05:17] | He wants to be left alone. | 他不想跟我说话 |
[05:19] | No, you want to be left alone. And yet here we are. | 不 是你不想跟他聊 但我们还是来了啊 |
[05:21] | Precocious pre-teen going blind. | 早熟的青春期前失明的男孩 |
[05:23] | Come on, that’s Claire catnip. You have to talk to him. | 拜托 那可是相当于克莱尔你的猫薄荷啊 你得跟他聊的 |
[05:31] | Did he have any tests scheduled? No. | – 给他预约了什么检查吗 – 没有的 |
[05:45] | No one’s seen him, heard him, smelled him. I’m calling Security. | 完全没人知道他跑哪去了 我要叫保安了 |
[05:47] | Hold on. What are you doing? | 等等 你们在干吗 |
[05:50] | Where’s Charlie? | 查理呢 |
[05:51] | Did something happen? Is he okay? | 是出事了吗 他没事吧 |
[05:53] | He’s in imaging. | 他在拍片子 |
[05:55] | We’ll have him back very soon. | 很快就回来 |
[06:01] | He ordered a ride 15 minutes ago. | 他15分钟之前叫了辆车 |
[06:03] | To where? It’s close. | – 去哪里的啊 – 很近 |
[06:04] | We could have him back before anyone knows he’s gone. | 我们可以在别人发现之前把他弄回来 |
[06:06] | Are you insane? You’re right. | – 你疯了吗 – 你说的对 |
[06:08] | It’s much better if we go back in there | 不如果我们回去病房里 |
[06:09] | and freak out two already-freaked-out parents, | 去吓死两个已经快要吓死的父母吧 |
[06:11] | and while you’re at it, explain to Andrews | 然后呢 顺便再跟安德鲁斯医生说一下 |
[06:13] | that you didn’t do what he asked you to do. | 你没有完成他交给你的任务哦 |
[06:26] | 卡莉信息 | |
[06:31] | Which emoji was it? | 是什么表情啊 |
[06:39] | Just send it to me. | 你转发给我吧 |
[06:48] | You told me I have to respond. | 是你说我得回复的 |
[06:50] | There is no response to… | 这表情我咋回啊 |
[06:54] | Okay, I think Carly’s saying she misses you | 我觉得卡莉是想表达 她想你了 |
[06:58] | and wants to know that you miss her, too. | 然后想听你说 你也想她了 |
[07:00] | You know all of that from one fake face? | 你就从一个表情就看出这些来了 |
[07:03] | Just text her back something flirty, casual. | 你就回点随意的 撩撩她 |
[07:06] | Say something like, “I can’t stop thinking about you.” | 比如 我一直在想你哦 |
[07:10] | I have stopped thinking about her many times today. | 我今天已经好多次没有在想她了 |
[07:13] | Do not text Carly that. | 可别把这话发给卡莉了 |
[07:17] | I have to go. | 我挂了啊 |
[07:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:36] | This popcorn is terrible. | 爆米花好难吃啊 |
[07:38] | We have to get you back before your parents start to worry. | 你父母开始担心之前得把你弄回去 |
[07:42] | We’re gonna be three years, five months too late. | 我们已经晚了三年零五个月了 |
[07:46] | The game is a blowout. So, we leave now… | 这比赛打得一点都不好看 所以如果我们现在走 |
[07:48] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[07:50] | What? | 什么 |
[08:02] | I dunno. | 我不知道啊 |
[08:03] | The only words I’ve ever said to her are, | 我唯一跟她说过的一句话就是 |
[08:05] | “Can I have a slushy?” | 能给我一杯沙冰吗 |
[08:08] | I just wanted to see her one last time. | 我就是想最后看她一次 |
[08:11] | Go say hi. Are you crazy? | – 去打个招呼吧 – 你疯了吗 |
[08:13] | I was asking her that earlier. | 我之前也问过她同样的问题 |
[08:15] | Tell her you think she’s the most beautiful girl you’ve ever laid eyes on, | 你去跟她说 你认为她是你见过最好看的姑娘 |
[08:18] | and with your last few hours of sight, | 你最后几个小时能看见的时间内 |
[08:19] | you wanted to see her face one more time. | 你想再看一次她的脸 |
[08:36] | As lovely as this is… Don’t ruin the moment. | – 虽然这挺甜蜜的 – 你别破坏气氛了 |
[08:43] | The necrotic debris has completely encased the visceral pleura. | 坏死的碎片完全包裹了脏胸膜 |
[08:46] | – Follow me with the camera. – I don’t want to spring a leak. | 影像一直跟着我 不要渗漏了 |
[08:53] | Tissue’s fused her lungs to her chest wall. | 组织已经把她的肺和胸壁融合了 |
[08:55] | I need the Kaiser Forceps. | 给我凯撒夹钳 |
[09:04] | Damn it. | 我靠 |
[09:05] | Tissue’s too thick to fit through the ports. | 组织太厚 无法通过这些端口 |
[09:07] | We need to do a thoracotomy. | 我们需要做开胸术了 |
[09:08] | And we can’t open her up in an air-tight chamber. | 不能在密封室里给她开胸啊 |
[09:10] | If we have to cauterize a bleed, | 如果要烧灼出血点 |
[09:12] | the whole thing could explode. | 整个泡泡都会爆炸的 |
[09:15] | We have to take our Bubble Girl out of the bubble. | 我们得把泡泡女孩从泡泡里弄出来 |
[09:28] | Lemonade! Get your ice-cold lemonade! | 柠檬水 冰凉的柠檬水咯 |
[09:37] | We’ve been gone too long. | 我们离开医院太久了 |
[09:39] | Calm down. It’ll take the kid 15 seconds to chicken out. | 别担心 这孩子15秒之后就没胆说了 |
[09:46] | Or less. | 还不到 |
[09:55] | I’m a wuss. | 我好怂啊 |
[09:57] | Most kids wouldn’t have gone over at all. Good for you. | 很多孩子连去都不敢去的 你已经很好了 |
[10:06] | Can I… No. | – 我能不能 – 不能 |
[10:08] | I’m just… No. | – 我就 – 不能 |
[10:09] | It better be fast. What? | – 那你快一点 – 什么 |
[10:11] | We’re giving a sad, nearly blind kid | 我们是要给一个伤心的 近乎失明的孩子 |
[10:13] | a few more minutes in the sun. | 在几分钟在阳光下的时间 |
[10:15] | We could get an award for this. | 这壮举简直可以得奖了好吗 |
[10:24] | Change gloves every 20 minutes. | 每过20分钟就要换手套 |
[10:26] | We need to be fast, but extremely careful. | 我们得快速 而且超级小心 |
[10:30] | Knife. | 手术刀 |
[10:57] | It’s a Northern flying squirrel. | 这是一只北方鼯鼠 |
[11:00] | They don’t fly so much as glide. | 他们滑翔比飞的要多 |
[11:02] | You’re lucky it’s not infected. | 没感染就不错了 |
[11:03] | Well, it’s a fascinating species. | 这个物种很神奇啊 |
[11:05] | They’re uncommonly high-strung for a nocturnal rodent. | 它们对夜间活动的啮齿类动物异常敏感 |
[11:12] | Is the squirrel in the bag? | 松鼠是在你包里吗 |
[11:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:14] | Henry comes everywhere… No, no, no, no, no. | – 我到哪都带着亨利 – 不用不用了 |
[11:16] | That’s okay. I don’t need to see him. | 不用了 不用给我看 |
[11:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:22] | Has he bitten you before? | 他之前咬过你吗 |
[11:24] | It was my fault. I provoke him. | 是我的错 我激怒他了 |
[11:28] | Henry’s a good boy. | 亨利是个好孩子 |
[11:29] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[11:30] | You can’t take him from me. | 你不能把他从我身边夺走 |
[11:33] | He’s not allowed to hurt you. | 他不能伤害你的 |
[11:35] | Hi. It’s 12:47. | 嘿 12点47了 |
[11:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:38] | You’re 17 minutes late for your 12:30… | 你12点半的预约已经晚了17分钟了 |
[11:40] | Mrs. Pryce and I need to have a little talk. | 我和普莱斯女士要谈一下 |
[11:42] | It’s okay. Henry and I are fine. | 没事的 我和亨利挺好的 |
[11:50] | Who’s Henry? | 亨利是谁啊 |
[11:59] | You hesitated before cutting her open. | 你切开她之前犹豫了 |
[12:02] | We had to work fast once I made the incision. | 我下刀之后就要快速完成了 |
[12:05] | I was running through the procedure in my head. | 我是在脑海中过一遍手术程序 |
[12:08] | There’s no shame in needing to process a tough loss. | 面对严酷的失去没什么丢人的 |
[12:12] | You should talk to someone. | 你应该找个人聊聊 |
[12:14] | I’d prefer to focus on my current patient | 我更想要专注于现在的病人 |
[12:16] | rather than my last one. | 而不是之前的病人 |
[12:26] | Hey. Dr. Browne, where’s my patient? | 布朗医生 我的病人呢 |
[12:28] | And before you say, “Imaging,” | 你别说拍片子 |
[12:29] | I already know that’s not true. | 我已经知道他没在拍片子了 |
[12:31] | He’s with me and Morgan. | 他跟我和摩根在一起呢 |
[12:33] | He just needed to process a few things. Everything’s… | 他只需要处理点事情 一切都很正 |
[12:34] | Watch out! | 小心点啊 |
[12:37] | What’s going on? | 你们干什么呢 |
[12:41] | Morgan just missed a turn. She’s a terrible driver. | 没事 摩根拐错路口了 她开车好烂啊 |
[12:43] | Uh, no, we’re on our way back now. | 我们现在回去了 |
[12:45] | Hurry. Okay. | – 赶紧的 – 好 |
[13:00] | How long was I out in the open? | 我被暴露在外面多久了 |
[13:02] | Thirteen minutes. | 13分钟 |
[13:03] | We got all of the infected tissue. | 我们切除了所有的受感染组织 |
[13:05] | That’s annoying. | 好烦哦 |
[13:07] | It was necessary to save your life. | 这是救你命的必经之路啊 |
[13:10] | No, I meant your phone. | 我说你手机一直响好烦哦 |
[13:12] | Oh. It is. | 是啊 |
[13:13] | I bet it’s your girlfriend. | 肯定是你女朋友吧 |
[13:16] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[13:19] | Only annoying girlfriends text that much. | 只有烦人的女朋友才一直发信息呢 |
[13:21] | I used to text my boyfriend all the time. | 我之前也一直给我男朋友发信息 |
[13:24] | It annoyed him, too. | 他也好烦我 |
[13:27] | I am supposed to flirt with her, | 我应该跟她调调情的 |
[13:30] | and I don’t know how. | 我不知道要怎么说 |
[13:33] | Did your boyfriend break up with you | 你男朋友有因为你很烦 |
[13:34] | because you were annoying? | 跟你分手吗 |
[13:36] | No. He died. | 没 他死了 |
[13:38] | That’s the downside of outliving your prognosis. | 这就是比预期时间活得长的坏处 |
[13:42] | You outlive everyone else’s too. | 比周围的人都活的久一点 |
[13:44] | That is a downside. | 确实是个坏处啊 |
[13:48] | Get out your phone. | 把手机拿出来吧 |
[13:51] | I’ll tell you what to type. | 我教你怎么回复 |
[13:52] | I’m really good at phone sex. | 我很擅长电话性爱的 |
[13:54] | It’s the only kind of sex I can have. | 毕竟这是唯一一种我能体验的性爱了 |
[13:57] | We haven’t had sex. | 我们还没做过爱 |
[13:59] | I’ll stick to foreplay. | 那我就只撩撩前戏 |
[14:01] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[14:02] | Do you text your parents? Or are they dead too? | 你会给你父母发信息吗 还是他们也死了 |
[14:09] | My parents are in Denver. | 我父母在丹佛 |
[14:13] | My dad’s job transferred them there. | 因为我爸工作原因 他们过去的 |
[14:15] | They always wanted to live near the snow. | 他们一直想住在一个会下雪的地方 |
[14:20] | They’re outdoorsy, and I’m, you know, not. | 他们很喜欢户外 而我 你懂得 |
[14:27] | I am not close to my parents either. | 我跟我父母关系也不好 |
[14:31] | I have autism, and they don’t. | 我有自闭症 他们你没有 |
[14:35] | I need to listen to your lungs. | 我需要听一下你的肺部 |
[14:43] | I just got really dizzy. | 我突然好晕啊 |
[14:49] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:02] | You have an infection. | 你感染了 |
[15:10] | Temperature is 103.6. BP is 80/50. | 体温39.7度 血压80 50 |
[15:12] | She’s showing early signs of sepsis. | 她有败血症的早期症状了 |
[15:14] | Start her on a course of IV immunoglobulin therapy, | 让她开始接受注射免疫球蛋白治疗 |
[15:16] | ADA-enzyme replacement and GM-CSF. | 用ADA酶代替粒细胞巨噬细胞刺激因子 |
[15:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:20] | I think we can do more than treat her infection… | 我觉得我们不仅仅可以治疗她的感染 |
[15:22] | Gene replacement therapy. | 用基因替代疗法 |
[15:24] | We harvest her stem cells and use a retroviral vector | 我们收集她的干细胞 使用逆转录病毒载体 |
[15:27] | to transduce her DNA with the modified ADA gene. | 用修改过的ADA基因来转换她的DNA |
[15:30] | If it works, she’s cured. | 如果有用 她就好了 |
[15:31] | And if it doesn’t work, she dies. | 如果没用 她就死了 |
[15:33] | There’s a 50% chance her body will have an acute toxic reaction. | 有50%的几率身体会有急性毒性反应的 |
[15:36] | We’re going to treat the infection. | 我们要先治疗她的感染 |
[15:37] | She’ll get another infection. | 那她还会再感染的 |
[15:38] | And another, and another, | 然后再感染 再感染 |
[15:40] | and eventually, one of them will kill her. | 最终 早晚有一个感染会让她死的 |
[15:42] | You don’t know that. She’s already beaten the odds. | 你又不知道 她已经战胜几率活到现在了 |
[15:44] | By cutting herself off from the world. | 对 是因为她和全世界隔离啊 |
[15:46] | Traditional treatment is the safer course. | 传统治疗更安全 |
[15:53] | He’s blowing off steam. | 他没事的啊 就是去放松了啊 |
[15:55] | He’s with the doctors. He’s safe. | 他跟医生在一起 很安全啊 |
[15:56] | He’s scared and overwhelmed, | 他吓坏了 而且不知所措啊 |
[15:58] | and obviously he felt like he couldn’t tell us… | 而且很显然他不敢告诉我们啊 |
[16:00] | Because you’ve been keeping him under lock and key. | 那是因为你一直把他看的死死地啊 |
[16:03] | I’m protecting him. | 我是在保护他 |
[16:11] | We have to stay strong. | 我们得坚强点 |
[16:14] | I think Charlie knows you’re strong. | 我觉得查理知道你们很坚强的 |
[16:17] | And he knows you love him. | 他也知道你们爱他 |
[16:20] | But the moment you all heard the word “cancer,” | 但自从你们听到癌症这个词之后 |
[16:22] | everything in Charlie’s life changed. | 查理的生活就全部改变了 |
[16:25] | And I think he needs to know that, at some point, | 我觉得他需要知道 到了某一刻 |
[16:28] | it’s going to start to feel like his life again. | 他会重新有新的生活的 |
[16:45] | My mom and dad used to do these things called | 我爸妈之前会做一件事 |
[16:47] | spontaneous family adventure days… | 叫即兴的家庭冒险日 |
[16:50] | SFADs. | 即兴冒险日 |
[16:53] | They were pretty lame. But they let me skip school. | 虽然不好玩 但他们会让我那天可以逃学 |
[16:57] | Got to go to baseball games, | 可以去看棒球比赛 |
[17:00] | drive around with blaring music. | 听着音乐兜风 |
[17:03] | I got to eat food that was inorganic and genetically modified. | 我也可以吃那些无机的基因修改过的食物 |
[17:09] | Sometimes I even got to stay up past midnight. | 有时候我可以过了半夜都不睡觉 |
[17:24] | Now we go to doctor’s appointments. | 现在我们就只会去看医生看医生 |
[17:28] | And my mom makes lists. | 妈妈做了各种清单 |
[17:31] | And cries. | 各种哭 |
[17:38] | And my dad’s… quiet. | 我爸 就不说话 |
[17:45] | Just one more quick stop. | 快速停一下吧 |
[17:47] | Morgan, Andrews is expecting us to… | 摩根 安德鲁斯等我们回去呢 |
[17:49] | Please, just 20 more minutes. | 求你了 就再来20分钟 |
[17:53] | Fifteen. | 15分钟 |
[18:02] | Park told me you rejected his gene therapy idea. | 朴医生说你没接受他的基因疗法 |
[18:06] | We can’t dismiss plausible treatment options out of fear. | 我们不能因为恐惧就放弃可行的治疗方案啊 |
[18:09] | It’s not fear. | 这不是恐惧 |
[18:11] | It’s a reasonable degree of caution. | 这是合理程度的谨慎 |
[18:14] | Since when are you cautious? | 你什么时候会谨慎了 |
[18:17] | The benefit of the cure may be worth the risk. | 治愈的成功或许能大过风险呢 |
[18:21] | Let Park take it to her. | 让朴医生跟她说下 |
[18:25] | No. It’s not worth it. | 不 这不值得 |
[18:27] | The cure is riskier in the short term, | 短期内疗法的风险更大 |
[18:29] | but the long-term upside is much greater. | 但长期来看的积极影响更多啊 |
[18:31] | We can give you the chance to live a long, healthy, normal life. | 我们可以给你一个过上长期健康正常生活的机会 |
[18:34] | No, you can’t. | 不行的 |
[18:37] | I’ve been a freak my whole life. | 我一辈子都是个怪物 |
[18:39] | And curing my disease, letting me take a breath of fresh air, | 治好我的病 让我可以呼吸到新鲜空气 |
[18:42] | it’s not gonna make me normal. | 并不会让我变得正常 |
[18:45] | Increase the oxygen to 15 liters. | 增加氧气到15升 |
[18:46] | Start her on the IVIG. | 开始给他静脉注射免疫球蛋白 |
[18:53] | We need to let her rest. | 我们得让她休息了 |
[19:01] | I’m a freak, too. | 我也是个怪物啊 |
[19:06] | People have called me that | 很多人骂我怪物 |
[19:07] | because I am not neurotypical. | 因为我不是神经典型性发育的 |
[19:11] | And I used to be alone, | 我之前也都一个人 |
[19:15] | like you. | 跟你一样 |
[19:19] | Sometimes that was easier. | 有时候会容易一点 |
[19:21] | Because it is hard to be around people | 因为当你不喜欢那些人的时候 |
[19:25] | when you’re not like them. | 跟他们接触是很困难的 |
[19:27] | But now I have Dr. Glassman, | 但现在我有了格拉斯曼医生 |
[19:31] | and a roommate who is a girl, | 还有个女生室友 |
[19:33] | and a girlfriend who is only annoying some of the time. | 还有一个偶尔烦人的女朋友 |
[19:36] | And I think it is better than being alone. | 我觉得这比一个人要好 |
[19:43] | If you’re… cured, | 如果你治好了 |
[19:46] | you can be… “outdoorsy” | 你也可以去户外玩 |
[19:50] | like your parents. | 跟你父母一样 |
[19:52] | Or you can stay inside and have phone sex. | 或者你也可以呆着泡泡里 只能电话性爱 |
[19:58] | It will be your choice. | 这都是你的选择 |
[20:11] | The next time you go over my head will be the last. | 下次可不能再不听我命令乱跟病人讲话了 |
[20:15] | Prep her for the gene replacement. | 开始准备基因转换吧 |
[20:21] | Nice work, Shaun. | 干得漂亮 肖恩 |
[20:26] | No. No way. | 不 不行的 |
[20:29] | He’s going blind. | 他要瞎了 |
[20:31] | It’s his last chance to see a naked woman. | 这是他最后一次有机会看裸女了 |
[20:35] | You’re a woman. | 你是个女人啊 |
[20:36] | I bet under those clothes, you’re a naked one. | 你把衣服脱了给她看看裸女呗 |
[20:39] | I’m his sister. | 我是他姐姐啊 |
[20:44] | I’ll slip you 50 bucks. | 我给你50刀吧 |
[20:58] | My budget proposal, for your approval. | 我的预算提议 等你核审 |
[21:01] | Surgical cases, for your review. | 还有手术案例 等你审查 |
[21:03] | Before the board meeting tomorrow night. | 明天晚上董事会之前要弄完哦 |
[21:11] | The pregnant woman… | 那个怀孕的女人啊 |
[21:13] | How’s Neil taking it? | 尼尔的反应如何 |
[21:14] | Five minutes, please. I’m with Dr. Lim. | 等我五分钟 我跟林医生说话呢 |
[21:16] | I see there’s a new member on the clinic team. | 看来诊所那边多了一位成员啊 |
[21:20] | How’s that going? | 进展如何 |
[21:21] | Well, it’s been half-a-day. We’re working out the kinks. | 才过了半天 我们都要被搞疯了 |
[21:26] | Well, if it’s still smooth-sailing by close of business, | 好吧 如果能坚持的话 |
[21:29] | let me know your secret. | 要告诉我的诀窍哦 |
[21:31] | I guess that answers my initial question. | 这又回到了我最初问的问题 |
[21:35] | He keeps telling me he’s fine. | 他一直跟我说他没事 |
[21:36] | You’re the last person he’d tell if he weren’t. | 如果他有事也最不想跟你说 |
[21:40] | I’d be the second to last. | 第二不想跟我说 |
[21:44] | I’m almost done. | 马上完事了 |
[21:48] | You’re the President. | 你是院长 |
[21:51] | He has to listen when you talk. Or, pretend to. | 你说话他会听的 或者假装会听的 |
[21:55] | Hey, the four-year-old with the ear infection has been here half an hour, | 那个耳朵发炎的小孩半小时之前就来了 |
[21:58] | his mother just pulled out fingerpaints. | 他妈妈已经不耐烦了 |
[22:01] | You need to go. | 你得赶快去了 |
[22:03] | Debbie, this is Dr. Lim, Chief of Surgery. | 黛比 这是林医生 手术主任 |
[22:06] | I know. It’s very impressive. | 我知道 很厉害 |
[22:09] | Come back if you get an ear infection. | 等你耳朵发炎了再过来吧 |
[22:16] | One more. No. | – 再试一次 – 不行 |
[22:18] | We’re done. | 结束了 |
[22:19] | The surgery can’t start without me. | 没我就没法手术的啊 |
[22:21] | Where are we going next? Yosemite? The Great Wall? | 接下来还要去哪啊 约塞米蒂国家公园吗 然后长城吗 |
[22:24] | The top of Everest? It’s never gonna be enough. | 还要去攀珠峰吗 这没完的啊 |
[22:26] | Claire, stop. | 克莱尔 别说了啊 |
[22:27] | You can’t pack a lifetime of things you’re gonna miss into one day. | 你不能把一辈子错过的事情都挤到一天之内完成啊 |
[22:31] | Your situation sucks, and it is unfair. | 你的情况是很不好 也很不公平 |
[22:34] | But you know what, life sucks, and it’s unfair, | 但你要知道 生活就是很烂 很不公平 |
[22:37] | and things end before we’re ready. | 我们还没准备好 很多事就结束了 |
[22:40] | We are going back. Now. | 现在就回医院 |
[22:52] | No. | 不 |
[22:57] | I’m not gonna have the surgery. | 我不要做手术了 |
[23:14] | How long before I know | 我要过多久 |
[23:15] | if I’ve let you talk me into something really stupid? | 才能知道你是不是说服我做了一件很蠢的事情 |
[23:18] | You could have an acute toxic reaction and die | 接下来的24小时之内 你可能就会出现 |
[23:23] | in the next 24 hours. | 急性毒性反应然后死掉 |
[23:24] | But we hope to see some positive sign your body is responding soon. | 但是呢 我们希望看到你身体有好转的信号 |
[23:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[23:33] | Your transfusion is done. We’ll check on you in a half-hour. | 输血完成了 半小时之后再来看你 |
[23:37] | Dr. Murphy. | 墨菲医生 |
[23:40] | Would you… Sit with me? | 你能陪我待会吗 |
[24:03] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[24:05] | Nothing. I… | 没什么 |
[24:08] | I just want someone to be here. | 我就是想有个人陪着我 |
[24:15] | In case I croak. | 万一我想聊天呢 |
[24:23] | It’s probably all your annoying girlfriend wants, too. | 可能你烦人的女朋友也想这样吧 |
[24:27] | Just to know you’re there. | 知道你在就很有安全感了 |
[24:31] | Carly’s in good health and unlikely to die soon. | 卡莉身体很好 最近不会死的 |
[24:37] | Some girls have all the luck. | 有的女孩就是什么都好运啊 |
[24:45] | 无效请求 请联系系统管理人员 | |
[24:47] | 无效请求 请联系系统管理人员 | |
[24:50] | Debbie! | 黛比 |
[24:54] | You bellowed? | 你叫我啊 |
[24:55] | This thing is broken. | 这玩意坏了 |
[24:56] | Can you call someone from I.T. and send them over, please? | 能不能叫技术部的人过来看一下 |
[24:59] | Oh, I meant to tell you that I, um, upgraded our software. | 忘了跟你说了 我升级了系统 |
[25:02] | It’s gonna be faster, more efficient. | 以后会更快 效率更高了 |
[25:04] | Not if I don’t know how to use it. | 我不会用效率怎么会更高呢 |
[25:06] | You can’t just change my entire software system without asking me. | 你不能都不问我就改了我整个系统啊 |
[25:09] | I didn’t change it. I upgraded it. | 我没有改 我是升级了 |
[25:11] | There. | 好了 |
[25:12] | Or kick out my Chief of Surgery. | 或者把我的手术主任轰出去 |
[25:14] | Or interrupt my appointments. | 或者打断我的会议啊 |
[25:16] | You’ll be here 20 hours a day | 如果你不按照时间来 |
[25:18] | if you don’t stick to a schedule. | 你一天工作20小时也回不了家啊 |
[25:19] | It’s my call. | 这是我的选择啊 |
[25:21] | I’m not here to slap on Band-Aids | 我不是来给人贴贴创可贴 |
[25:23] | or to write prescriptions. | 或者开开药房的 |
[25:25] | That woman had serious issues we needed to discuss. | 那女人的问题很严重 我么你需要讨论的 |
[25:27] | The one with the rodent in her purse? | 就是包里有个啮齿动物的女人吗 |
[25:30] | It’s a squirrel. It’s a Northern flying squirrel. | 那是一个松鼠 北方鼯鼠 |
[25:32] | You weren’t gonna fix whatever issues she has | 那多跟她聊五分钟 |
[25:34] | with an extra five minutes. | 也不能解决她的问题啊 |
[25:35] | It’s my clinic, okay? I decide how it runs! | 这是我的诊所 怎么运营是我的说了算 |
[25:41] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[25:44] | I thought that you wanted me to be a part of it. | 我还以为你想让我作为这里的一部分呢 |
[25:47] | You know, to actually help and to… | 真的能帮帮忙 |
[25:51] | Make changes, have opinions. | 做些改变 提提意见 |
[25:53] | But if that’s not what you want, then I… | 但如果你不想这样 那我 |
[25:56] | I should do what I promised… | 我就算了 |
[25:59] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[26:05] | You’re out of sutures. | 对了 没有缝线了 |
[26:24] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:27] | I… I shouldn’t have said any of that. | 我刚刚不应该那样说的 |
[26:34] | I lost somebody recently. | 我最近失去了某人 |
[26:40] | And it hurts. | 很难过 |
[26:42] | A lot. | 真的 |
[26:44] | And I took it out on you, and that is unfair. | 我发泄在你身上了 这不公平 |
[26:54] | But if you don’t have this surgery, | 但如果你不做手术 |
[26:57] | you won’t ever drink another slushy at a baseball game. | 你以后就再没机会在棒球赛上喝沙冰了 |
[27:02] | Or feel the wind in your hair when you speed down the road. | 或者开快车感受风拂过你的头发 |
[27:06] | Or… | 或者 |
[27:09] | Or touch a naked woman. | 或者摸一个裸女了 |
[27:16] | Now, this sucks. | 虽然现在很糟糕 |
[27:17] | It really, really sucks. | 非常非常糟糕 |
[27:20] | But it will get less sucky. | 但不会一直这么糟糕的 |
[27:27] | And the part that hurts so much right now | 而且现在最伤害你的部分 |
[27:29] | will start to hurt less. | 会越来越不那么疼的 |
[27:36] | And life goes on, | 生活会继续 |
[27:37] | and you will have wonderful moments, | 你会有美好的时刻 |
[27:39] | and you will have sucky moments. | 也会有难过的瞬间 |
[27:43] | And it will be your life. | 那会是你的人生 |
[27:45] | And it’ll be a good life, Charlie. | 会是一个很好的人生的 查理 |
[27:50] | I suspect it might even be a great life. | 甚至会是一个很棒的人生的 |
[28:03] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[28:05] | Sorry it took a while. | 抱歉回来晚了 |
[28:08] | Car trouble. | 车坏了 |
[28:11] | Welcome back, Charlie. | 欢迎回来 查理 |
[28:13] | You had some good people very worried. | 你让我们都很担心你啊 |
[28:15] | I’m really sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[28:17] | You guys can ground me forever for this, but I just… | 你们可以禁足我一辈子 但我就是 |
[28:20] | I just wanted to have one last day of fun. | 我只是最后好好玩一天 |
[28:24] | We can be fun, too. Again. | 我们也可以再一次好玩起来啊 |
[28:29] | I was thinking | 我在想呢 |
[28:31] | it might be time to reintroduce the SFADs. | 没准可以重新开始即兴冒险日了啊 |
[28:33] | Baseball games, concerts, staying up late. | 棒球比赛 音乐会 大晚上不睡觉什么的 |
[28:38] | That sounds pretty lame. | 感觉一点都不好玩呢 |
[28:43] | We’re running a little late, | 我们有点晚了 |
[28:44] | and we need to get you prepped. | 得给你做准备了 |
[28:52] | I’m sorry. I need some 5-0 nylon sutures. | 抱歉 我需要点5零尼龙缝合线 |
[28:57] | And apparently we need to talk. | 而且很明显我们要谈谈 |
[29:01] | You can report back to the Chief of Surgery that I’m fine. | 你可以跟手术主任汇报一下 我没事 |
[29:11] | You don’t have to talk to me. You don’t have to talk to her. | 你不用跟我聊 也不用跟她聊 |
[29:13] | But you need to talk to someone. | 但你的你找个人聊聊 |
[29:15] | I’m not a med student, Aaron. I’ve lost patients before. | 我不是刚入校的医学生了 亚伦 我也失去过病人 |
[29:18] | But you never lost someone who should have lived. | 但你没失去过一个本应该活下来的病人 |
[29:20] | No one would be fine. I wouldn’t be. | 没人经历过还会没事的 我也不会 |
[29:22] | You’re not fine. | 你不好 |
[29:24] | If for no other reason than your boss doesn’t think so. | 你老板没别的原因认为你没事 |
[29:27] | And the bigger problem | 而且更严重的是 |
[29:28] | is your girlfriend agrees with her. | 你的女朋友也认为你现在不好 |
[29:53] | We’ll be right there as soon as you wake up. | 你醒来我们就会在旁边了 |
[30:19] | We love you so much. | 我们很爱你 |
[30:23] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你们 |
[30:44] | We’ll take good care of him. | 我们会好好照顾他的 |
[30:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:59] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[31:06] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:16] | I forgot to take his vitals. | 我忘了记录他的体征了 |
[31:19] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:20] | Go ahead, I’ll… I’ll bring him out. | 你先去吧 我等会带他出去 |
[31:33] | I-I thought you already took my… | 你不是已经测量了 |
[31:35] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[31:43] | We’re bringing the patient down now. Vitals okay? | 我们现在把病人带过去了 体征可以吗 |
[31:45] | Temp might be a little up, but he’s ready now. | 温度可能有点高了 不过他准备好了 |
[32:00] | I just need you to count back from 10. | 好 那你从10倒数 |
[32:02] | 10 Ten… | |
[32:05] | 9 Nine… | |
[32:07] | 8 Eight… | |
[32:09] | 7 Seven… | |
[32:11] | 6 Six… | |
[32:14] | 5 Five… | |
[32:34] | You were right. | 你说的对 |
[32:37] | I’m not fine. | 我并不好 |
[32:41] | It’s okay not to be fine. | 不好没什么错 |
[32:50] | You can’t blame yourself. | 你不能怪自己的 |
[32:51] | I was the one holding the knife. | 拿着手术刀的是我 |
[32:53] | The blame lies with me. | 应该怪我的 |
[32:59] | But the responsibility is ours. | 但责任是我们共同的 |
[33:05] | Yours and… mine? | 你 和我共同的 |
[33:07] | Yes. | 是 |
[33:10] | You’re not objective about me | 因为我们的恋情 |
[33:13] | because of our relationship. | 你没办法对我很客观 |
[33:15] | If we weren’t together, | 如果我们没在一起 |
[33:16] | I’m not sure you would’ve agreed to let me do that surgery. | 我不确定你会同意让我做手术 |
[33:22] | You honestly believe I approved a procedure | 你真的以为我会批准一个 |
[33:25] | that I didn’t think you could do | 我不认为你能做的手术吗 |
[33:26] | because we’re sleeping together? | 就因为我们是情侣吗 |
[33:28] | No. You thought I could do it. | 不 是你以为我能做到 |
[33:31] | That’s the problem. | 问题就在这 |
[33:34] | I think your personal feelings | 我觉得你的私人情感 |
[33:37] | may have led you to overestimate me. | 可能让你高估我了 |
[33:43] | You came to me. | 是你来找我的 |
[33:46] | You sold me the surgery, | 你说服我做手术 |
[33:48] | told me that you could pull it off. | 你说你没问题的 |
[33:50] | And now I’m at fault because I believed that you… | 然后现在还是我的错了 你这也 |
[33:54] | It’s not about fault. | 不是谁的错的问题 |
[33:56] | It’s about being aware | 就是我们要知道一下 |
[33:58] | so that this doesn’t happen again. | 以后不会再发生这种事了 |
[34:00] | It will happen again. | 还是会发生的 |
[34:02] | I will make decisions. You will have bad outcomes. | 我会做出决定 你会有不好的结果 |
[34:08] | That doesn’t mean either of us was wrong. | 但不代表我们谁错了 |
[34:12] | My approval had nothing to do with our relationship. | 我批准任何事和我们的恋情没任何关系 |
[34:17] | We can’t know that for sure. | 谁也不能确定啊 |
[34:21] | If we weren’t dating, that woman might still be alive. | 如果我们没在一起 那女人没准还活着 |
[34:27] | And we both have to live with that. | 我们俩都带带着这个负担生活下去 |
[34:36] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[34:38] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[34:39] | We’re here, honey. | 我们在呢 宝贝 |
[34:41] | We’re right here. | 就在你旁边 |
[34:44] | You did so good. | 你很棒 |
[34:46] | We’re so proud of you, buddy. | 我们很骄傲 宝贝 |
[34:49] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[34:51] | It’s Dr. Reznick. How are you feeling? | 我是雷兹尼克医生 你感觉如何 |
[34:55] | Not awesome. | 不太好 |
[34:59] | Are you in any pain? | 你现在疼吗 |
[35:01] | No. | 不疼 |
[35:02] | No, I’m okay. | 我没事的 |
[35:06] | I’ll let you rest. | 那你休息吧 |
[35:09] | Wait, Dr. Reznick. | 等等 雷兹尼克医生 |
[35:11] | Yes? | 嗯 |
[35:13] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[35:15] | For everything. | 感谢你做的一切 |
[35:18] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[35:21] | And Dr. Browne? | 布朗医生吗 |
[35:25] | Dr. Browne, are you here? | 布朗医生在吗 |
[35:28] | Your T-cell count has increased. | 你的白细胞增加了 |
[35:30] | And your fever dropped to 99.3. | 你的烧也退到37度了 |
[35:32] | Your body’s fighting the infection. | 你的身体在对抗感染 |
[35:33] | So, what does that mean? I’m cured? | 这什么意思 我好了吗 |
[35:36] | It’s too early to use that word exactly. | 现在说治好还太早了 |
[35:38] | We’ll need to keep you in isolation | 我们会在单独让你呆几个星期 |
[35:39] | for a few more weeks to make sure | 来确定你的免疫系统 |
[35:40] | that your immune system is developing on pace. | 在慢慢发展和恢复 |
[35:44] | And there is still a 5% to 7% chance of a toxic reaction. | 而且仍然有5%到7%的几率会产生毒性反应的 |
[35:49] | But yes, the cure appears to be working. | 不过没错 治疗方案好像管用了 |
[35:53] | You should tell your parents the good news. | 你应该告诉你父母这个好消息 |
[35:54] | What are they gonna do? Feed me juice through a straw? | 然后他们能怎么办 插个吸管喂我喝饮料吗 |
[35:59] | They could just be here. | 他们可以就在你身边啊 |
[36:04] | I’m fine. | 我没事的 |
[36:07] | Let us know if you need anything. | 有需要就叫我们 |
[36:09] | I’ll check in on you in the morning. | 我早上来看你 |
[36:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[36:18] | For not killing me. | 没弄死我 |
[36:21] | You’re welcome. | 不客气的 |
[36:22] | Oh, there is still a 5% to 7% chance of a… | 还是有5%到7%的几率会产生 |
[36:25] | Shaun. She knows. | 肖恩 她知道的 |
[37:46] | Aaron, you… You do not owe me a gift. | 亚伦 你不欠我一个礼物 |
[37:50] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[37:53] | I was out of line today. I was pushing way too hard. | 我今天过分了 我一直在逼迫你 |
[37:58] | It’s not a gift. | 这不是礼物 |
[38:05] | Is it punishment? | 是个惩罚吗 |
[38:08] | Nurses swear by them. | 护士们都可喜欢这个鞋了 |
[38:09] | The arch supports are supposed to be spectacular. | 底部的拱形支撑会让脚很舒服的 |
[38:13] | I’m not coming back to the clinic. | 我不会回诊所了 |
[38:17] | It was a bad idea, terribly executed. | 这个主意太不好了 必须拒绝 |
[38:26] | Two of the smartest women I know, | 我就认识两个最聪明的女人 |
[38:28] | my wife and my new office manager, | 一个我老婆 一个新的办公室主任 |
[38:31] | think that I need to make some changes. | 都觉得我应该做出一些改变 |
[38:35] | You wanted to help, you wanted to be a part of my life, | 你想要帮忙 你想要成为我生命中的一部分 |
[38:37] | I fought it. | 我在抗拒 |
[38:38] | I proposed, and then I freaked out. | 我求婚了 我又害怕了 |
[38:42] | Mm-hmm. We got married… | 我们结婚了 |
[38:43] | You freaked out again. Yes, I did. | – 你又害怕了 – 没错 |
[38:45] | But for a legitimate reason. | 但我是有原因的 |
[38:46] | There was a gun in the house, but that’s not the point. | 因为家里有把枪啊 但这不是重点 |
[38:49] | The point is that, in the midst of all of this… | 重点是 在这一切之下 |
[38:52] | I took on not one, | 我在医院做了 |
[38:55] | but two jobs at the hospital. | 不止一份 而是两份工作 |
[38:57] | Yeah, which you love. | 是啊 但你喜欢的啊 |
[38:58] | Not more than you. | 我更喜欢你 |
[39:07] | Come back to the clinic. | 回来诊所吧 |
[39:11] | Do I get to boss you around? | 那我能指使你做事情吗 |
[39:15] | A little. | 一点点吧 |
[39:19] | Let’s go upstairs. | 我们上楼去吧 |
[39:40] | Charlie asked for you. | 查理问你来着 |
[39:45] | You connected with him. | 你跟他有共鸣了 |
[39:48] | I said what I had to to get him into surgery. | 我只是为了让他去做手术 |
[39:50] | Nah. | 不是 |
[39:52] | You were your old self again. | 你又变成了以前的你 |
[39:53] | My old self… | 以前的我 |
[39:57] | Was always there for everyone. | 总是去帮助所有人 |
[40:02] | Was giving away pieces of herself over and over. | 一直在付出自己的一部分 |
[40:12] | Charlie is still blind. | 查理还是看不到 |
[40:21] | It was a hell of a day. | 今天真是太难了 |
[40:25] | The blind kid didn’t get me depressed. | 失明的孩子没让我抑郁 |
[40:28] | You, on the other hand… | 而你呢 |
[40:32] | Deal with your crap | 面对你的破事 |
[40:35] | before this is who you really become. | 再去决定你到底变成了一个什么样的人吧 |
[41:29] | Hey, this is Audrey. You know what to do. | 嘿 我是奥德丽 请留言 |
[41:48] | 卡莉信息 你今天怎么样啊 有没有做什么很厉害的手术呀 你看这个玩具可爱不 肖恩 | |
[42:04] | 我在呢 |