时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:44] | Frankie! | 弗兰琦 |
[00:48] | Frankie! | 弗兰琦 |
[00:50] | Oh, no… Frankie! | 噢不好 弗兰琦 |
[00:54] | Are you… | 你.. |
[00:59] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[01:02] | I don’t want to be late. Frankie? | 我不想迟到 弗兰琦 |
[01:05] | That is some expressive brushwork you got going on there, Byron. | 你这画风真是表现力十足 拜伦 |
[01:08] | Every single stroke is a choice to tell your truth. | 每一笔都是在表现真实的自我 |
[01:12] | I love it when you… you quote me. | 我真喜欢你引用我说过的话 |
[01:16] | What an improvement, Homer, over the eye. | 进步很大 荷马 在眼睛这里 |
[01:19] | I can feel the sadness and the mania. | 我能感觉到其中的悲伤与狂热 |
[01:23] | That wasn’t what I was going for at all. | 我根本没想表达那种感情 |
[01:28] | May I speak with you, please? | 能跟你说句话吗 拜托 |
[01:30] | Yeah. Uh, guys, this is Grace. | 好的 各位 这是格蕾丝 |
[01:32] | Her husband is my husband’s lover. | 她丈夫是我丈夫的恋人 |
[01:34] | For crying out loud… | 老天呐 |
[01:35] | I’ll tell you that love is cruel | 我告诉你 爱情是残酷的 |
[01:37] | but it teaches us who we are. | 但它让我们看清自己 |
[01:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:40] | Why are you still here with your convicts? | 你怎么还和你的罪犯们在这里 |
[01:42] | We have to leave in ten minutes. | 我们十分钟内必须出发 |
[01:44] | Ex-convicts. | 是前罪犯 |
[01:46] | They’ve already served their debt to society. | 他们已经偿还了自己对社会的亏欠 |
[01:48] | I love the nightlife. | 我爱夜生活 |
[01:49] | Well, not Homer, but he’s sick. | 荷马还没有 但他有病 |
[01:51] | They had to let him out early. | 他们不得不提前放他出来 |
[01:53] | Okay, guys, wrap it up. | 好了 伙计们 收工吧 |
[01:55] | I have to go to a funeral. | 我得去参加一个葬礼 |
[01:56] | We have to get there early and pay our respects | 我们得早点过去致敬 |
[01:59] | before Robert and Sol get there. | 得赶在罗伯特和索尔到达之前 |
[02:00] | Listen, relax. Sol is pathologically late. | 听着 放松点 索尔总是迟到 |
[02:03] | – Great work today, fellas. – Bye, Frankie. | -今天画得不错 -再见 弗兰琦 |
[02:05] | – Thanks, Frankie. – Okay, I’ll see you all next week. | -谢了 弗兰琦 -好 下周见 |
[02:09] | – Good luck today. – Yeah. | -祝你今天好运 -好 |
[02:11] | – Usted estará en mi corazón. – La vida es difícil ahora | -你常在我心中 -生活不易 |
[02:15] | que Sol es homosexual con Roberto. | 索尔和罗伯特搞基去了[西语] |
[02:18] | Let’s go! Vamos! Let’s go! We have to go. | 走吧 快点 快点 我们得出发了 |
[02:22] | Stop rushing me. | 别催了 |
[02:25] | Couldn’t we honor Larry some other way? | 我们不能以其他方式向莱瑞致敬吗 |
[02:28] | Like stay home, watch TV? | 比如待在家里 看电视 |
[02:30] | Didn’t Larry get Coyote | 当初戒毒所没床位 |
[02:32] | into rehab when there were no available beds? | 不是莱瑞帮忙把卡奥迪弄进去的吗 |
[02:34] | – Yes, he was a great guy. – Yeah. | -是的 他是个好人 -是的 |
[02:37] | He gave me and Robert | 他帮我和罗伯特 |
[02:37] | the down payment for our first house. | 付了我们第一栋房子的首付 |
[02:39] | I know, I know. We have to go. | 是啊 我知道 我们得走了 |
[02:41] | Well, if we don’t leave in nine minutes | 如果我们不在9分钟内出发 |
[02:43] | we’re not going to be going to Larry’s funeral, | 我们要去参加的就不是莱瑞的葬礼 |
[02:45] | we’re going to be going to Robert and Sol’s coming out party. | 而是罗伯特和索尔的出柜派对了 |
[02:48] | It’s not a coming out party! | 那又不是出柜派对 |
[02:50] | I know that! | 我知道 |
[02:51] | But it is the first time the world | 但这是第一次让外人看到 |
[02:54] | is going to see me with you and not my wife. | 我和你在一起 而不是和我妻子在一起 |
[02:57] | Not to mention, my wife is also going to be there. | 更别提 我妻子也会在场的 |
[03:01] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[03:03] | Honey, we have to fa ce it sometime. Heads up. | 亲爱的 我们总得面对的 抬头 |
[03:06] | Why couldn’t Larry have died on, like, our fifth anniversary? | 莱瑞为什么不等我们5周年纪念日时再死 |
[03:10] | Blame Sally, she took him off the respirator. | 怪莎莉吧 是她同意拔掉他的呼吸机 |
[03:13] | – She could have waited. – Now listen to me! | -她本可以再等一等的 -听我说 |
[03:16] | I’m quite sure that everyone there will be focused | 我确定那里的每个人只会专注于 |
[03:18] | on celebrating Larry’s life and not on us. | 追悼莱瑞 而不会在意我们 |
[03:22] | Unless, of course, you insist on wearing those shoes, | 当然了 除非你坚持要穿那双丑鞋子 |
[03:25] | in which case, yes, | 那样的话 是的 |
[03:25] | everyone will be looking at us. | 所有人都会盯着我们瞧的 |
[03:27] | – Nobody will be looking at us. – Of course they will. | -没有人会盯着我们的 -当然会了 |
[03:30] | People always want to | 人们总是想知道 |
[03:31] | know how the left-behind wives are taking it. | 被抛弃的妻子们是什么反应 |
[03:34] | – I mean, wouldn’t you? – I’m not like that. | -难道你不会吗 -我不是那种人 |
[03:37] | Everybody is. It’s human nature. | 每个人都是这样 这是人的天性 |
[03:39] | No, I am one-sixteenth Chippewa, | 不 我有1/16齐佩瓦族人血统 |
[03:41] | that makes me part eagle, | 那意味着我有鹰的血统 |
[03:42] | that is not my nature. | 那不是我的天性 |
[03:45] | Is that why you’re wearing that ass-hugging dress? | 你是因此才穿着这条裹臀裙的吗 |
[03:47] | Exactly. Yes, when I walk into Larry’s house, | 没错 是的 当我走进莱瑞家时 |
[03:51] | everybody’s going to look at me and say, “What a waste!” | 所有人都会看着我感叹 “真可惜啊” |
[03:54] | Wouldn’t they be saying that when you walk out? | 难道不是在你离开的时候说吗 |
[03:57] | – Will you just get dressed! – I am dressed. | -你快点去换衣服好吗 -我换好了 |
[04:01] | You can’t go in that. | 你不能穿那个去 |
[04:04] | I cannot believe you’re going in those shoes. | 我不敢相信你居然要穿那双鞋去 |
[04:07] | These are my comfort shoes. | 这是我的舒适鞋 |
[04:09] | You wouldn’t understand. You don’t have comfort clothing. | 你不会明白的 你没有舒适的衣服 |
[04:12] | Why do you need to be comfortable? | 你为什么需要舒适 |
[04:14] | The funeral’s private, we’re just | 葬礼是不对外的 我们只是 |
[04:15] | going to the house afterwards for the reception. | 去他们家里参加葬礼后的接待会 |
[04:17] | These shoes connect me to the earth! | 这双鞋把我和大地联系起来 |
[04:19] | Once my feet are grounded, | 一旦我的脚着了地 |
[04:21] | so goes the rest of me! | 我身体其他部分也会跟着接地气 |
[04:22] | Okay, sweetheart, stop making yourself crazy. | 行了 亲爱的 别疯癫了 |
[04:25] | Right. Okay. I’ll try. Less of my meshugas. | 好吧 我会努力的 愿我不再发疯 |
[04:28] | I’ll l’chaim to that. | 我为这干一杯 |
[04:34] | Um, by the way, | 对了 |
[04:36] | maybe we should have some ground rules | 也许我们该设定一些基本原则 |
[04:38] | about how we want to be, um… together. | 关于我们要如何 在一起 |
[04:41] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[04:42] | So that we don’t draw excess attention. | 以防我们太吸引别人注意 |
[04:45] | Yeah. I wouldn’t want to upset Frankie. | 是啊 我不想惹弗兰琦生气 |
[04:47] | And I definitely don’t want to upset Grace. | 我也绝对不想惹格蕾丝生气 |
[04:49] | But I also don’t want to hide. | 但我也不想掩饰 |
[04:51] | I’m not saying that, sweetheart. | 我不是那个意思 亲爱的 |
[04:53] | All I’m saying is, please, just be yourself. | 我只是说 放心做你自己就好 |
[04:57] | I can do that. | 那我倒是没问题 |
[04:59] | In fact, I’m already doing it. | 实际上 我已经在那么做了 |
[05:01] | You certainly are. | 你的确是 |
[05:02] | So what should we call each other? | 那我们该怎么称呼对方 |
[05:05] | – I like “Boyfriend.” It’s got kick. – No, no. | -我喜欢”男朋友”这个称呼 很带感 -不不 |
[05:07] | We’re too old for that. | 我们太老了不适合 |
[05:09] | “Longtime companion?” | “长期伴侣”怎么样 |
[05:10] | No, too retro-sad. | 不 太复古又可悲 |
[05:13] | It’s from a time | 那称呼流行时 |
[05:14] | before famous people would play gay in movies. | 大牌明星都还不愿意在电影中演同性恋 |
[05:17] | Well, I can’t just call you my “Friend” without doing this. | 我没法称你为我的”朋友”而不做这个动作 |
[05:22] | – And I don’t do this. – “Soulmate?” | -而我不会做这个动作 -“灵魂伴侣” |
[05:24] | No. I don’t even like that one when straight people use it. | 不行 直人们用那个称呼都让我厌恶 |
[05:29] | Let’s take my car. It’s faster. | 开我的车吧 快一点 |
[05:31] | I can’t floor it with these heels. | 我穿着高跟鞋没法开 |
[05:33] | You’re going to have to drive. | 你得负责开车 |
[05:34] | – It looks like you made those shoes. – Look at this. | -那双鞋看着像你自己做的 -你看看 |
[05:38] | Why are there caps on all the water bottles? | 怎么每个水瓶上都有盖子 |
[05:40] | – Just leave it. – My God, | -别管那个了 -天呐 |
[05:42] | there are water bottles and caps for days. | 这里堆了好几天的水瓶和盖子 |
[05:45] | You’re stalling. | 你在拖延时间 |
[05:46] | This is basic recycling. | 这是废物回收的基本常识 |
[05:49] | How quickly ecological entitlement becomes environmental rape. | 生态福利多么快就变成了对环境的破坏 |
[05:53] | You know something, if you don’t want to go, | 你知道吗 如果你不想去的话 |
[05:55] | don’t go. | 就别去了 |
[05:56] | It’s fine. I’ll drive barefoot. | 没事的 我可以光着脚开车 |
[06:00] | Don’t drive barefoot. I’m coming. | 别光脚开车 我会去的 |
[06:03] | Wait, wait. We can’t go there with our rings on. | 等等 慢着 我们不能带着戒指去 |
[06:06] | I don’t know, I was going | 我不知道 我本打算 |
[06:08] | to wait until the papers were signed and maybe | 等签了离婚协议以后 |
[06:10] | float them out to sea. | 没准让它们漂向大海 |
[06:12] | I’m going to do it right now. | 我现在就摘 |
[06:14] | I should have taken mine off weeks ago. | 我几周前就该摘掉的 |
[06:18] | Oh, my hand looks really weird. | 我的手看起来好奇怪 |
[06:21] | Okay, sister, I’m doing it, too. | 好吧 姐们儿 我也行动起来 |
[06:24] | – Well, do it. – I’m doing it! | -快摘了 -我在摘呢 |
[06:27] | Do it! | 快点 |
[06:30] | Take your hand out of your mouth. | 把手从嘴里拿出来 |
[06:34] | – We made it. – Not too late. | -我们赶上了 -不算太晚 |
[06:36] | Come on, sign the guest book. Sign it. | 快点 在宾客登记簿上签名 快签 |
[06:38] | – Hi, Margaret. – Hi, Grace. | -你好 玛格丽特 -你好 格蕾丝 |
[06:39] | Sign the guest book. | 快在登记薄上签名 |
[06:42] | Then we’ll find Sally, and get in and get out. | 然后我们去找莎莉 快进快出 |
[06:45] | I think that’s her through there. | 里面那个是她吧 |
[06:48] | Oh, look at all the people waiting to talk to her. | 有这么多人等着跟她说话 |
[06:51] | I can’t even see the end of the line. | 我都看不到队尾 |
[06:53] | We’re never going to get in and get out. | 我们不可能快进快出了 |
[06:56] | It’s your fault! | 都是你的错 |
[06:57] | You’re the one who told me to change clothes three times. | 是你让我换了三次衣服 |
[07:00] | Well, all your clothes reek of pot. | 你的每件衣服都有大麻的味道 |
[07:03] | Because I wear hemp, | 因为我喜欢穿大麻纤维 |
[07:04] | not dead snakes on my feet. | 而不是死蛇的皮 |
[07:07] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[07:09] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[07:11] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[07:13] | – Yes, you can. – No, no, I can’t. | -你可以的 -不不 我做不到 |
[07:20] | You can’t look either. | 你也看不下去 |
[07:22] | This is a mistake. Let’s leave. | 这是个错误 我们走吧 |
[07:24] | Oh, no, no. We can’t, not now. | 不不 我们不能走 现在不行 |
[07:26] | Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[07:29] | – Sad, sad day. – Yeah. | -真是令人难过的一天 -是啊 |
[07:31] | Larry’s going to be missed. | 我们会怀念莱瑞的 |
[07:33] | That’s for sure. | 那是一定的 |
[07:36] | – Sorry. – Are you kidding me? | -抱歉 -开什么玩笑啊 |
[07:38] | Frankie, Sol’s wearing the tie | 弗兰琦 索尔戴的领带 |
[07:41] | I gave Robert for Father’s Day. | 是我在父亲节时送罗伯特的 |
[07:43] | They can’t leave us and share clothes. | 他们怎么能抛弃我们 还共享服饰 |
[07:46] | Let’s go get in line. | 我们去排队吧 |
[07:49] | Would you look at them? The life of the funeral party. | 瞧瞧他们 真是葬礼上的红人 |
[07:53] | Everything is so easy for them, isn’t it? | 一切对于他们都很轻松 是不是 |
[07:57] | Oh, well, yes, Robert is my partner. | 是啊 罗伯特是我的伙伴 |
[07:59] | But not solely in the way | 但不仅仅是像你们 |
[08:01] | you already know him as my law partner… | 知道的那样是我的律所合伙人 |
[08:03] | which he is still and we are, but we are also | 他仍然是我的合伙人 但我们还是 |
[08:07] | homosexual law and bed partners with each other. | 法律认可的同性伴侣和床伴 |
[08:12] | In life. | 在生活中 |
[08:14] | Boy, this partner thing is really confusing, isn’t it? | 天呐 “伴儿”这个词真难解释 对吧 |
[08:17] | It is, right? You people are utterly confused. | 对不对 你们被我彻底弄晕了 |
[08:22] | They are now. | 他们这下真晕了 |
[08:24] | I’m sorry. I messed it up. | 对不起 我搞砸了 |
[08:29] | Please don’t… do that. | 请不要 这样做 |
[08:40] | – Is your bladder empty? – Yes, it is. | -你没憋着尿吧 -没有 |
[08:43] | Good, because we are staying in this line | 那就好 因为我们要在这排队 |
[08:44] | and not moving until we get to Sally. | 哪都不去了 直到到达莎莉那里 |
[08:47] | Then we’ll tell her how much we loved Larry | 到时告诉她我们有多爱莱瑞 |
[08:49] | and get out of here. | 然后就走人 |
[08:50] | I did love Larry. | 我的确很爱莱瑞 |
[08:51] | He gave Sol his job at the firm. | 他给了索尔在律所的工作 |
[08:54] | Robert, too. | 也给了罗伯特 |
[08:57] | – Maybe it’s Larry’s fault. – I blame Larry. | -也许是莱瑞的错 -都怪莱瑞 |
[08:59] | How are you doing? | 你们感觉怎么样 |
[09:00] | – We’re fine. – Hi. | -我们挺好的 -你好 |
[09:05] | Oh, my feet hurt! | 我的脚好痛 |
[09:10] | Why don’t you take those damned high heels off? | 你干吗不把高跟鞋脱了 |
[09:13] | Because they’re part of this. | 因为那是我这身行头的一部分 |
[09:26] | I gotta say, | 我不得不说 |
[09:27] | you boys really confused the Brinkmans. | 你们两个小子真的把布林克曼一家搞糊涂了 |
[09:30] | Your sister called us “Boys”! | 你妹妹管我们叫”小子”呢 |
[09:32] | – Oh, dear… – What? | -天呐 -怎么了 |
[09:33] | He wants me to call him my… | 他想要我称他为我的… |
[09:34] | I don’t want to get involved. | 我不想被牵扯进来 |
[09:36] | – We’re having nomenclature issues. – No, no, no. | -我们遇到了称呼的问题 -不不不 |
[09:37] | What to call each other now that we’re out. | 现在我们出柜了 该如何称呼对方 |
[09:39] | – I can’t help you with that. – Robert! | -我可帮不上忙 -罗伯特 |
[09:41] | – Mr. Marlow, sir. – Yes. How are you? | -马罗先生 你好 -你好吗 |
[09:44] | – Good to see you boys. – Good to see you! | -很高兴见到你们这俩小子 -也很高兴见到你 |
[09:46] | – Hi! – Judge Foster. | -你好 -福斯特法官 |
[09:48] | – Mr. Marlow. – He called us boys. | -马罗先生 -他叫我们”小子” |
[09:50] | He’s 105. | 他105岁了 |
[09:51] | You know, I have something to say about Larry. | 我要说件关于莱瑞的事 |
[09:54] | He has great taste in Scotch. | 他对威士忌的品味太棒了 |
[09:56] | Yes, he did. | 是的 没错 |
[09:57] | Oh, and about you boys, | 关于你们两个小子 |
[10:00] | I know it’s none of my business, | 我知道这不关我的事 |
[10:02] | but I think what you are doing is just terrific. | 但我觉得你们做的事很了不起 |
[10:05] | Very courageous. | 勇气可嘉 |
[10:06] | – I wish you a lot of luck. – Thank you. | -我祝你们好运 -谢谢 |
[10:09] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[10:11] | Could I ask you something? | 我能问你件事吗 |
[10:13] | When did you first know that you were attracted to men? | 你最初是什么时候开始知道你喜欢男人的 |
[10:18] | I mean, I had an experience when I was in Korea, | 我在朝鲜战场时曾有过一次同性经历 |
[10:21] | but my wife thinks it was just horseplay. | 但我妻子认为那只是胡闹而已 |
[10:26] | – Oh, right… – This is never going to end, is it? | -好吧 -看来这种情况是要无止境了 对吧 |
[10:30] | I thought we could do it in one day, | 我以为我们可以在一天内搞定 |
[10:32] | but I am never not going to be coming out, am I? | 但我将永远处在出柜的状态了 是不是 |
[10:35] | It’s just a good thing that Daddy’s dead | 幸亏爸爸已经去世了 |
[10:37] | because this would kill him. | 因为这会让他难受死的 |
[10:40] | Probably. But you’re okay with it. | 可能吧 但你能接受 |
[10:43] | Huh? Oh, yeah. Completely. It’s all good. | 什么 是啊 完全可以 没问题 |
[10:47] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -没事 |
[10:48] | Oh, my God. Holy shit, Grace looks stunning. | 天呐 老天 格蕾丝今天好美 |
[10:53] | Of course. She’s perfect. | 当然 她很完美 |
[10:55] | – I’m just… Okay. Yeah. – Go ahead. | -我要…好吧 -去吧 |
[11:00] | Grace! So good to see you. | 格蕾丝 见到你真是太好了 |
[11:03] | – Hi. Oh, I missed you so much. – Oh, golly. | -嗨 我好想你 -天呐 |
[11:07] | – Me, too. – Good to see you too, Frankie. | -我也是 -也很高兴见到你 弗兰琦 |
[11:09] | Very cute funeral outfit. | 你这葬礼服真可爱啊 |
[11:11] | Would you save our place in line? | 你可以帮我们排着队吗 |
[11:13] | And here, hold this. | 还有 拿着这个 |
[11:14] | Why do I have to wait in line? | 为什么要我在这排队 |
[11:16] | Because I’m walking away. | 因为我要走开 |
[11:25] | – Frankie? – Judy! | -弗兰琦 -朱迪 |
[11:28] | – I thought that was you. – And Peter, too? | -我就觉得好像是你 -皮特也来了呀 |
[11:31] | I’m so glad to see you guys! | 真高兴见到你们 |
[11:33] | This is going to sound awful, | 虽然这可能听起来很不好 |
[11:34] | but I was hoping I’d see you here today. | 但我盼着今天在这碰到你呢 |
[11:36] | Put ‘er there, pal. | 来抱抱 |
[11:40] | Gadzooks! I forgot you are such a gifted hugger. | 我的妈呀 我都忘了你有多会拥抱了 |
[11:44] | Nothing like somebody dying | 当有人去世时 |
[11:45] | to make you appreciate the love you’ve got. | 最能让你对你所得到的爱心怀感恩 |
[11:48] | Speaking of that, where… where’s Sol? | 说到爱 索尔人呢 |
[11:50] | Honey, I already told you. | 亲爱的 我已经告诉过你了 |
[11:52] | Told me what? Oh, my God. Did Sol die, too? | 告诉我什么 天啊 索尔也死了吗 |
[11:55] | No, no, he’s over there drinking a Johnny Walker neat. | 没有 他在那边喝尊尼获加纯威士忌呢 |
[11:59] | I told you, honey. Remember? | 我告诉过你的 亲爱的 记得吗 |
[12:00] | He’s with Robert now… | 他现在跟罗伯特在一起了 |
[12:02] | – I thought you were joking. – Really? | -我以为你是开玩笑的呢 -不是吧 |
[12:05] | Why would I joke about that? | 我怎么会拿这种事开玩笑 |
[12:06] | Why would anyone joke about that? | 怎么会有人拿这种事开玩笑 |
[12:07] | No one would joke about that. | 没人会拿这种事开玩笑的 |
[12:13] | – It’s a lot, isn’t it? – Yeah. | -信息量太大 对吧 -是啊 |
[12:16] | Would you excuse me? I have to count the bulbs on the chandelier. | 我得先失陪了 我必须数数吊灯上的灯泡数目 |
[12:20] | – It’s a hobby of mine. Bye. – Bye. | -那是我的一个爱好 再见 -再见 |
[12:23] | We’ll see ya. | 待会儿再见 |
[12:41] | That looked like a perfect storm over there with Judy and Peter. | 刚刚跟朱迪和皮特见面 似乎是经历了一场风暴啊 |
[12:46] | Padre, excuse me. | 神父 打扰了 |
[12:47] | If you’re going to the kitchen | 如果你是要去厨房 |
[12:48] | could you get me two whiskey sours? | 能给我拿两杯柠檬威士忌酒吗 |
[12:51] | One for each hand. | 每只手拿一杯 |
[12:54] | When Larry died, the first thing I thought of was you | 听说莱瑞去世时 我第一个想到的就是你 |
[12:56] | because I knew you would come even if you didn’t want to. | 因为我知道你就算不想来也会来的 |
[12:59] | I am really sorry you have to deal with all this stuff. | 我真的很抱歉 你需要承受这些 |
[13:03] | I wish there was something I could do to make it easier. | 我真希望我能做些什么 让你好受一些 |
[13:06] | – But I’m fine. – You are? | -但我没事啊 -真的吗 |
[13:09] | Well, let’s see… | 瞧瞧现在的情况 |
[13:10] | I am standing here, I’m talking to you, my head has not exploded. | 我正站在这里 跟你说话 脑袋也没爆炸 |
[13:13] | Oh, that’s… good. | 那可 真好啊 |
[13:16] | It is good, isn’t it? Because, oh, my God, when you first left? | 的确很好 对吧 天啊 你当初决定离开我时 |
[13:21] | I was, like, “My life is over.” | 我心想 “我的人生算是完了” |
[13:23] | “I cannot sleep in that big fucking bed without him.” | “没有他 我一个人在大床上怎么睡得着” |
[13:29] | But I did it. Now I love having that bed to myself. | 但我做到了 现在我很享受一个人独占大床 |
[13:33] | It’s fantastic. | 那真是爽爆了 |
[13:34] | I sleep in a giant “X”! | 我可以摊成大字型睡 |
[13:38] | You know what this means? It means I’m okay. | 你知道这意味着什么吗 意味着我没事 |
[13:42] | And I’m going to be okay. Because I’m moving on. | 我肯定会好好的 因为我已经向前看了 |
[13:47] | – Congratulate me. – Okay, well… mazel tov. | -恭喜我吧 -好吧 恭喜了 |
[13:51] | Thank you. Here, let me switch with you. | 谢谢 来 我跟你换换 |
[13:56] | Put that in there for me. Excuse me. | 先帮我收着吧 失陪了 |
[14:00] | This is where my place is. | 这是我的位置 |
[14:10] | You’re mad at me for not calling you, aren’t you? | 你很气我没给你打电话 对吧 |
[14:13] | I-I-I don’t blame you. | 我 我不怪你 |
[14:14] | See, I thought that I wanted to give you space, | 我当时是觉得 我该给你一些空间 |
[14:16] | but now I think I was in complete shock | 但现在我觉得我当时是完全震惊了 |
[14:19] | and wanted to give me space. | 想给我自己一些空间 |
[14:20] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:22] | Honey, it’s fine. | 亲爱的 没事 |
[14:24] | I wouldn’t have called me either. | 换做是我 也不会给我打电话的 |
[14:26] | Oh, my God, I adore you. | 天啊 我真是太爱你了 |
[14:30] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果这能让你感觉好受些 |
[14:32] | none of us knew about Robert. | 我们其实都不知道罗伯特是同性恋 |
[14:34] | I mean, I grew up with the guy, and I had no idea. | 我和他一起长大的 我真是丝毫都没有察觉 |
[14:37] | – You weren’t sleeping with him. – And you were? | -你又没跟他上过床 -你还跟他上床吗 |
[14:40] | Well, maybe four times a year. It was seasonal. | 或许一年也就4次吧 每个季度一次 |
[14:47] | Well, that’s more than me and my husband are having sex. | 那可比我和我丈夫做爱的频率高多了 |
[14:50] | Who knows? Maybe he’s gay. | 谁知道呢 或许他也是同性恋 |
[14:51] | No, no. You would know. | 不不 否则你肯定会知道的 |
[14:53] | – I would? – Oh, you know you would. | -我会吗 -你知道你肯定会的 |
[14:56] | God, I was inside it and I didn’t see. | 天啊 我身处其中 却一点都没察觉 |
[15:01] | Am I that self-involved? | 我就那么只专注于自己吗 |
[15:02] | No, honey, he’s that opaque. | 不亲爱的 是他把秘密藏得太严实 |
[15:09] | -Jesus… go ahead of me. – Thank you. | -天啊 你先进去吧 -谢谢 |
[15:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[15:29] | I’ve been waiting in line for over an hour. | 我都排队等了一小时了 |
[15:31] | Now we’re at the front and you’re not even here. | 好不容易轮到我们 你却不在 |
[15:33] | Look, I needed some time to myself. It’s a… | 听着 我需要点时间独处 反正… |
[15:39] | lot to process. | 有太多需要消化 |
[15:41] | I can see you out the window drinking a martini with Lydia! | 我从窗户中可以看到你正和莉迪亚在一起喝酒呢 |
[15:45] | Are you spying on me? | 你是在监视我吗 |
[15:47] | Yes, Miss Marple, | 是啊 大侦探 |
[15:48] | I’ve been tailing you all day from inside a plant! | 我已经用监视器跟踪你一整天了 |
[15:52] | I can see you making that “Blah-blah” gesture… | 我能看到你在做”废话真多”的手势 |
[15:56] | – I’ve gotta go. – Oh, it’s “Get in, get out” | -我得挂了 -你之前想快进快出 |
[15:58] | when you want it to be to get in, get out. When I want– | 然后我们就得快进快出 而现在我想… |
[16:03] | Fine. I’ll talk to Sally myself. | 行吧 我一个人去找莎莉 |
[16:10] | – She’s going to take a little break. – For how long? | -她要稍微休息一下 -要多久啊 |
[16:13] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:15] | For how long… will I feel this sadness for Larry? | 多久…是指 我会为莱瑞的离世伤心很久的 |
[16:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:23] | Fuck. | 操 |
[16:36] | I’m sorry, little boy. | 不好意思 小孩 |
[16:38] | I’ve been waiting a very long time to talk to Mrs. Harris | 我等着跟哈里斯太太说话已经等很久了 |
[16:42] | and I can’t account for you to cut in front of me. | 我不能让你插队 |
[16:45] | What are you going to say to her anyway? | 你能对她说些什么啊 |
[16:47] | What is there to say, right? | 有什么好说的啊 对吧 |
[16:49] | That I hope great-grandpa Larry feels all my love | 就说我希望莱瑞爷爷能感受到我全部的爱 |
[16:53] | because it’s as big as a million kisses | 因为那就像是来自天堂的 |
[16:55] | from a million angels in heaven. | 百万个天使献出的一百万个吻 |
[17:00] | I guess that’s better than nothing. | 那的确比什么都不说要好 |
[17:02] | Is that her? | 就是她吗 |
[17:03] | How could you be married to someone for that long and not…? | 怎么会跟一个人结婚那么久却不知道… |
[17:06] | – Are they talking about you? – Yes, they are. | -他们是在谈论你吗 -是的 没错 |
[17:08] | – Are you famous? – Today I think I am. | -你是大明星吗 -今天我觉得我是 |
[17:11] | – Can I have your autograph? – Go get a Sharpie. | -你能给我签名吗 -去拿支笔来 |
[17:15] | Hi, do any of you bitches have some gum? | 嗨 你们这些贱人谁带了口香糖吗 |
[17:19] | Grandpa would have been so touched. | 爷爷要是知道一定会很感动的 |
[17:21] | Oh, gosh, that is loaded with aspartame. | 天啊 那里面有大量的糖精 |
[17:24] | It will literally eat your guts out. | 真的会把你们的肠胃都烂掉的 |
[17:27] | Enjoy! | 你们好好享受 |
[17:29] | Sweet muscular Jesus. | 我的个天啊 |
[17:32] | Would you save my place for me? | 你能帮我占下位吗 |
[17:34] | Please let us know if there’s anything we can do. | 如果有什么需要我们帮忙的 请务必说一声 |
[17:36] | Seriously. Consider me on call. | 真心的 你随时都可以找我 |
[17:39] | Just say the word and I can come over | 只要你说一声 我就会过来 |
[17:41] | with a sandwich or a shoulder to cry on. | 带着个三明治 或是把肩膀借给你哭泣 |
[17:44] | – I mean it. – Thank you, Robert. | -我是真心的 -谢谢你 罗伯特 |
[17:47] | – I’m Sol. – Oh dear. | -我是索尔 -天啊 |
[17:49] | but if it’s easier for you to call me Robert right now, | 但如果你现在叫我罗伯特顺心点 |
[17:51] | I support that. I’m wearing his tie anyway. | 我也很支持 我戴着他的领带呢 |
[17:56] | Just a sec. | 稍等一下 |
[17:58] | – So, are you getting rest? – A little. | -你休息了吗 -就一小会儿 |
[18:01] | – Is it okay that I took your hand? – Of course. | -我可以握着你的手吗 -当然了 |
[18:04] | When can you get together? I want to see your girls, too. | 你什么时候有空啊 我想见见你的女儿们 |
[18:08] | – Maybe we could all have lunch? – I am wide open. | -或许我们可以一起约个午餐 -我随时都有空 |
[18:12] | I’d really love to do it next weekend but that’s… | 我真的很想下周末就跟你们聚餐 但是… |
[18:14] | sorry… that’s Connie’s shower. So… | 抱歉 但那天是康妮的送礼会 所以… |
[18:18] | Oh, that’s right. Oh, my gosh, | 对哦 天啊 |
[18:20] | I can’t believe your baby’s all grown up. | 我真不敢相信你的孩子已经长大了 |
[18:23] | Do you have everything you need? | 你需要什么东西吗 |
[18:24] | Do you want me to bring… centerpieces? | 你需要我 带个餐桌中心花饰过去吗 |
[18:31] | Honey, you know… it’s just now, | 亲爱的 鉴于现在这种情况 |
[18:34] | with the stuff with Robert and Sol… | 罗伯特和索尔在一起了… |
[18:37] | I mean, you’re still welcome to come, of course, | 当然了 我们依然欢迎你参加 |
[18:39] | it’s just Mother will be there and all the aunties, | 只是我妈也会在 七大姑八大姨什么的 |
[18:42] | and they’re going to bring their kids… | 她们也会带自家孩子过去的 |
[18:44] | I just thought, for your sake, it might just be a little… | 我只是觉得 为了你好 或许还是有点.. |
[18:46] | – Yeah, awkward. – Awkward. | -没错 尴尬 -尴尬 |
[18:48] | You know how everyone can be, right? | 你也知道人有时候会是什么反应 |
[18:50] | And it’s just… it’s Connie’s special day, so… | 只是 那天是属于康妮的特殊日子 所以 |
[18:55] | You understand, right? If anyone would. | 你理解的 对吧 你一定最能理解了 |
[18:57] | Of course. It’s a family thing. I completely understand. | 当然了 那属于家庭活动 我完全理解 |
[19:00] | Oh, my God, I do, I love you so much. | 天啊 我真是太爱你了 |
[19:04] | I’ll be in touch, okay? | 我回头再联系你 好吗 |
[19:20] | And that’s another thing, don’t be afraid to let yourself cry. | 那是另外很重要的一点 别强忍着不哭 |
[19:25] | If you can. It’s corny, | 能哭就哭吧 虽然这话很老套 |
[19:27] | but tears really are the holiest of water. | 但眼泪真的是最神圣的液体了 |
[19:29] | But you’ll also want to hydrate. | 但你也要适当补充水分 |
[19:32] | Sally, it’s been wonderful to spend this time with you. | 莎莉 我们很高兴能跟你谈谈心 |
[19:35] | And please forgive us for taking up so much of it. | 请原谅我们占用了你太多的时间 |
[19:37] | It’s fine, Robert. I’ll tell you something. | 没事的 罗伯特 我跟你说 |
[19:40] | When my dad died, I found that a very small dose of Lexapro | 当年我爸去世时 我发现只需要用一点抗抑郁药 |
[19:44] | mixed in with some ice cream | 和冰淇淋混合在一起吃 |
[19:46] | really helped me jump-start my way out of my grief. | 真的很大程度上帮助我摆脱了悲伤 |
[19:48] | Take good care, sweetheart. Our prayers are with you. | 保重了 亲爱的 我们为你祈福 |
[19:51] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢了 亲爱的 |
[19:52] | We’ll check on you tomorrow. God bless. | 我们明天再来看看你的情况 上帝保佑 |
[19:55] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干什么呢 |
[19:56] | You’re not supposed to monopolize the widow. | 你不能独占一个遗孀的时间 |
[19:58] | – I was comforting her. – You were exhausting her. | -我是在安慰她啊 -你是在消耗她的体力 |
[20:00] | Why are you upset? I’ve been sticking to the ground rules– | 你为什么这么生气 我一直坚守着基本规矩啊 |
[20:03] | Great! | 好极了 |
[20:05] | But what about all that other stuff? | 但刚刚其他那些算是怎么回事 |
[20:07] | – What other stuff?! – Like that other stuff! | -什么其他那些 -就像这样 |
[20:09] | – You’re too loud. – You said to be myself. | -你声音太大了 -你说了让我做真实的自己 |
[20:11] | – I can’t hear you. – You said to be myself! | -我听不见 -你说让我做真实的自己 |
[20:13] | Okay. But less of yourself because it’s too much. | 好吧 或许不该那么真实 因为那太过了 |
[20:16] | You’re too much. | 你表现得太过了 |
[20:16] | Too much talking, and over-sharing, and hugging. | 话太多 说的私事太多 拥抱太多 |
[20:19] | And I’m sorry, but I told you those shoes are inappropriate. | 不好意思 但我都跟你说了你这鞋不合适 |
[20:22] | Do you see anyone in this room with shoes like that? | 你看在场的有任何人穿了你这种鞋吗 |
[20:24] | – I’ve worn them a million times. – But not with me. | -我都穿过无数次了 -但跟我在一起时没穿过 |
[20:28] | – Not with you. – It’s embarrassing! | -没跟你在一起穿过 -真的很丢人 |
[20:30] | This is a somber business gathering. | 这是个悲伤的正式社交场合 |
[20:33] | There are ways of doing things. | 有很多事都是有规矩的 |
[20:34] | Social mores that bind us together and organize the way– | 一些社交习俗 将我们绑在一起 实现… |
[20:38] | Never mind! You’re just not doing anything right! | 算了 你什么都做得不对 |
[20:40] | You’re… You’re… | 你 你… |
[20:51] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[20:54] | You’re angry I’m not Grace. | 你气的是我不是格蕾丝 |
[20:59] | There was nothing like walking into a room with that woman. | 跟她一起参加社交场合的感觉是无人能比的 |
[21:06] | You miss her. | 你想念她了 |
[21:20] | I am so sorry for your loss. | 我为你的损失感到很遗憾 |
[21:26] | I have my own, so I understand. | 我也有所失 所以我很理解 |
[21:31] | But… sweetheart… | 但是 亲爱的 |
[21:34] | What? | 什么啊 |
[21:36] | I’m not her. | 我不是她 |
[21:38] | I will always talk too loud and hug too much. | 我总是会说很多话 不断地拥抱 |
[21:42] | And even if it’s a business gathering for a professional colleague, | 即使是工作方面遇到的正式社交聚会 |
[21:47] | there will always be meshugas. | 也总会出现一些疯狂的事 |
[21:50] | Isn’t that what we want out of life? | 那难道不是我们对生活的期盼之一吗 |
[21:59] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | 是啊 我很抱歉 |
[22:02] | Please forgive me. | 请你原谅我 |
[22:05] | You know I love you. | 你知道我是爱你的 |
[22:09] | He’s my boyfriend. | 他是我男朋友 |
[22:12] | Oh, I am so sad for you. | 我真为你感到难过 |
[22:16] | Larry always made me laugh. I really dug your husband. | 莱瑞经常逗我发笑 我真的很喜欢你丈夫 |
[22:20] | I really dug him, too. | 我也真的很喜欢他 |
[22:22] | I can’t imagine what you are going through. | 我真的无法想象你现在经历的痛苦 |
[22:25] | Oh. I think your situation is much worse, dear. | 我觉得你的情况更加糟糕 亲爱的 |
[22:30] | – Pardon? – I’ll be dead soon, | -什么 -我很快就会死了 |
[22:32] | but what are you going to do? | 但是你打算接下来怎样呢 |
[22:34] | You may live another 20 years. | 你或许还要再活20年呢 |
[22:38] | Dear, thank you. | 亲爱的 谢谢 |
[22:40] | Come on. Time’s out. | 快点 时间到了 |
[22:42] | I’ve had enough of this affair. | 我真是受够了这事 |
[22:44] | I’ll go get our wraps and pull the car around. | 我去拿我们的外套 然后把车开过来 |
[22:46] | Oh, don’t you want to pay your respects to the…? | 你不想向这位… |
[22:50] | Hi, Sally. So sorry, Sally. | 嗨 莎莉 我真的很遗憾 |
[22:53] | There. Let’s move. | 好了 我们快走 |
[22:54] | – God, I’m glad to see you. – Me, too. | -天啊 我真高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[23:07] | You look beautiful. | 你看上去很美 |
[23:14] | I am so mad at you. | 我真是很生你的气 |
[23:17] | You get to be happy now, don’t you? | 你现在开心了 是吧 |
[23:20] | – You’re not losing anything. – That’s not true. | -你什么都没有失去 -并不是 |
[23:23] | Oh, really? You have everything. | 是吗 你拥有一切 |
[23:26] | A week after you left, you had dinner with the kids | 你才离开一周 就约孩子们吃晚餐 |
[23:29] | just like it was any old Tuesday. | 就好像往常的周二一样 |
[23:32] | Yeah. I know about that. | 没错 我知道那事了 |
[23:36] | So what are you losing, exactly? | 你到底失去了什么啊 |
[23:39] | Because I’ve lost my marriage, my extended family, | 因为我失去了我的婚姻 我的大家庭 |
[23:43] | my own family is broken up. | 我自己的家庭也崩塌了 |
[23:46] | And I don’t know if you know this, | 我不知道你是否明白这事 |
[23:48] | but I just lost my best friend. | 但我还失去了我最好的朋友 |
[23:52] | And all I get is stuck with Frankie! | 我只能忍耐着跟弗兰琦一起了 |
[23:56] | Oh, shoot! | 该死的 |
[23:58] | – I don’t think she heard. – I don’t know. Shoot! | -她应该没听见 -我不确定 该死的 |
[24:05] | Frankie! Frankie! | 弗兰琦 弗兰琦 |
[24:07] | – Don’t you want your scarf? – Oh, I’m okay. I’m fine. | -你不想要你的围巾吗 -不用了 谢谢 |
[24:16] | Frankie? Scarf? | 弗兰琦 围巾 |
[24:28] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[24:34] | I think this is for you. | 他应该是来接你的 |