时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | we’ve all heard the same. | 我们在七年级的自然课上 |
[00:06] | it’s one of those things we’ve learned in seventh grade science class. | 都听过同样的话 |
[00:10] | adapt or die. | 适应还是死亡 |
[00:11] | i… don’t understand. | 我…不明白 |
[00:13] | it’s two words: | 两个字 |
[00:15] | no sex. | 禁欲 |
[00:17] | i’m sure there should be more words. | 我相信应该还有更多字吧 |
[00:19] | if you’re gonna choose chief resident, | 要是你想选总住院医师 |
[00:20] | you have to be impartial. | 你就得不偏不倚 |
[00:23] | come on. this? now? | 得了吧 要这样吗? 现在? |
[00:25] | sex with me, | 跟我做爱 |
[00:27] | however hot and excellent, | 虽说热辣火爆 |
[00:28] | could cloud your judgment. | 但会影响你的判断力 |
[00:30] | this is blackmail is it what it is. | 这是敲诈 赤裸裸的敲诈 |
[00:31] | no, it is not. | 不 这不是 |
[00:33] | final interviews are today, | 今天就是最后的面试 |
[00:34] | and coincidentally, i am on your service. | 巧的是 我在你手底下干活儿 |
[00:37] | – coincidentally. – well, since teddy’s shutting me out of cardio, | – 巧合而已 – 总之 自从Teddy把我撵出她的心外科手术室 |
[00:39] | where i can show my stuff, i’m gonna show it to you. | 那个我能向你展示自己真材实料的地方 我得展示给你看 |
[00:42] | so today you’ll see me not as | 所以今天你就不要把我当成是 |
[00:44] | your naked and desirable wife… | 你赤裸性感的妻子… |
[00:46] | but as a focused, organized, efficient, | 而是一个专注 井井有条 高效率 |
[00:49] | and deserving candidate | 正要去冲个淋浴的 |
[00:52] | who’s getting in the shower. | 前途无量的候选人 |
[00:53] | – no. i’ll come with you. – no. no, no. no clouding. | – 别 我跟你一起去 – 不 不 不 不能影响你 |
[00:56] | owen, this hurts me more than it hurts you. | Owen 这对我的伤害比对你的大 |
[00:58] | no, it doesn’t. | 瞎说 才不是呢 |
[01:00] | i know. | 我知道 |
[01:02] | adapting isn’t easy, though. | 然而 成为适者并不容易 |
[01:05] | you have to fight your competition, | 你得跟你的竞争对手战斗 |
[01:07] | fend off their attacks, | 抵挡他们的进攻 |
[01:09] | and sometimes, you have to kill. | 有时候 你不得不痛下杀手 |
[01:12] | good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:17] | you’re meeting with owen this morning, right? | 你今天上午要见Owen 是吗 |
[01:20] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[01:22] | you’re not gonna say anything about me or the trial, right? | 你不会提到任何有关我或者实验的事儿 是吗 |
[01:26] | you know, i thought you were gonna say something like “good luck,” | 你知道吗 我认为你是想说”祝你好运”之类的话 |
[01:29] | but i guess it’s every freakin’ man for himself, huh? | 不过我猜怪胎男向来只关心自己 啊哈 |
[01:35] | you do what you need to do to survive. | 你尽你所能求生存 |
[01:40] | but tell him that you were instrumental in getting the chief’s trial | 但你要告诉他你在第一阶段的人体试验中 |
[01:43] | approved for phase 1 human testing– from mice to humans. | 对主任的实验项目起了很大作用 通过小鼠对人类 |
[01:46] | i’m not doing that. | 我做不来 |
[01:47] | well, okay, i know, you don’t like bragging about yourself, | 好 我知道 你不喜欢自吹自擂 |
[01:50] | but you don’t even have to brag. | 但是你根本就用不着吹嘘 |
[01:51] | i mean, your diabetes trial does it for you. | 我是说 你的糖尿病实验就足够了 |
[01:54] | it’s gonna win every award. | 足以让你获得任何奖励了 |
[01:56] | seriously. | 说真的 |
[02:02] | just make sure that he knows that you– | 只是想确认你知道你的… |
[02:03] | i got it. | 我知道了 |
[02:05] | – that you have been instrumental— – got it. | – 你的作用… – 知道了 |
[02:09] | he don’t got it. | 他不知道 |
[02:13] | i got it. | 我得到了 |
[02:15] | i got the job at baylor. over 50 applicants, i… | 我得到贝勒的那份工作了 有五十多个候选人 我… |
[02:20] | – i got it. – that’s awesome. | – 我得到了 – 那太棒啦 |
[02:21] | well, um, i don’t know. i mean– | 呃 我不知道 我是说… |
[02:24] | it’s in texas. | 远在德克萨斯 |
[02:26] | there are a lot of factors to consider, right? | 有很多因素要考虑 是吧 |
[02:29] | yeah, but it’s what you wanted. it’s, uh, it’s a great program. | – 是啊 但那不是你想要的吗 – 那是 嗯 那是个大项目 |
[02:32] | well, i-i mean, i was thinking of sticking around here for another year– | 嗯 我 我是说 我想在这里再干一年… |
[02:34] | crap. oh, i gotta go. | 你胡说啥呢 哦 我得走了 |
[02:36] | i gotta prep for my meeting with hunt. | 我得去准备Hunt的面试了 |
[02:39] | besides, if i’m here when you win chief resident, | 而且 要是我在这儿的话 等你当上了总住院医师之后 |
[02:41] | you’ll still have a friend. | 你还能有个朋友 |
[02:42] | look, we all get it’s not personal. | 我说 我们不要让它影响到我们 |
[02:44] | i mean, it’s a– it’s a competition. | 我是说 这是一场竞争 |
[02:46] | sometimes, you gotta be a shark. | 有时候 你得成为鲨鱼 |
[02:49] | congratulations on baylor. | 祝贺你获得贝勒的职位 |
[02:56] | you see? | 你瞧 |
[02:58] | sorry i’m late. i was cramming. | 抱歉晚了 临时抱佛脚呢 |
[03:00] | – what, for hunt? – no. | – 什么 为了Hunt的面试? – 不是 |
[03:01] | you got that in the bag. | 你稳操胜券 |
[03:02] | no, i’m more worried about the interview with the social worker. | 不是 我更担心跟社工的面谈 |
[03:06] | don’t laugh at me, derek. | 别笑话我了 Derek |
[03:07] | nothing in my life has prepared me for this. | 我这辈子从没遇到过这种状况 |
[03:09] | my mother was about as nurturing asa steak knife. | 我妈妈的养育之道就像牛排刀一样 |
[03:10] | i know. i know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[03:11] | i don’t know anything about making lunches or halloween costumes. | 我一点都不知道怎么做饭或者缝万圣节的服装 |
[03:14] | good moms make halloween costumes. | 像样儿的妈妈都会做万圣节服装 |
[03:18] | well, you can sew. | 得啦 你会针线活的 |
[03:19] | i sew skin. | 我缝的是皮肤 |
[03:21] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:22] | see? it’s gonna be fine. | 看吧 一切都会好起来的 |
[03:24] | it’s just instinct, right? | 这就是天性 对不对 |
[03:26] | here you go. there you go. there you go. | 抱好啦 来啦 |
[03:30] | okay. okay. | 真不错 真不错 |
[03:33] | she looks good. | 她看上去挺好 |
[03:34] | her weight’s up, and, uh, her previousincisions have healed. | 她体重增加了 而且 原来的伤口已经愈合了 |
[03:37] | the labs are within normal limits… | 各项指标也在正常范围内… |
[03:38] | and she’s super-duper cute, aren’t you? | 而且她超级可爱 你说是不是 |
[03:42] | so it’s an uncomplicated hernia. | 所以只是个简单的疝气 |
[03:44] | so you don’t have to use any artificial closures, right? | 不用做修复性缝合吧 |
[03:46] | – yeah, no. no, it’s really simple. – good. | – 是的 不用 不用 真的很简单 – 好极了 |
[03:47] | i’ll do a short incision in her suprapubic | 我会在她的耻骨上切一个小口 |
[03:49] | crease to do a traditional exposure, and then i’ll… | 然后我会用… |
[03:53] | finish with a… | 结束… |
[03:55] | chupo. | 吃扑 |
[03:57] | oh, god. i’m sorry. that’s– that’s what callie calls a pacifier. | 哦 天 对不起 那是… 那是Callie给橡皮奶嘴起的名字 |
[04:00] | but zola hasn’t eaten because of the surgery. | 但是Zola还没吃东西 因为要手术 |
[04:02] | she’s probably hungry. | 她可能是饿了 |
[04:04] | you might want to try to soothe her with the pacifier. | 你可能想试试用奶嘴儿安慰她 |
[04:07] | come here, baby. come here, little baby. | 看这儿 宝贝儿 看这儿 小宝贝儿 |
[04:10] | chupo. oh, yes. there you go. | 吃扑 喔 对了 你做的好极了 |
[04:12] | chupo. | 吃扑 |
[04:15] | all right. i’ll call you when i’m ready to come take her up. | 好了 等我准备好接她的时候我给你打电话 |
[04:18] | see? we’ll figure it out. | 看吧 我们能解决的 |
[04:29] | are you excited? | 是不是很激动 |
[04:31] | it’s been a month, abena. you ready to go home? | 已经过了一个月了 Abena 你准备好回家了吗 |
[04:34] | i snagged som extra hydroxyurea. | 我多给你抢了不少羟基脲 |
[04:37] | wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[04:39] | you forgot something. | 你忘了点东西 |
[04:42] | you need to take that at home, okay? | 你要把它带回家去 好吗 |
[04:44] | along with your antibiotics. | 跟你的抗生素一起 |
[04:46] | it’s gonna help with thesickle cell symptoms, | 它会改善你的镰状细胞贫血症 |
[04:48] | and the attacks will be less severe when they happen. | 还会降低发病时的严重程度 |
[04:50] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:51] | i’ll make sure she takes it. | 我保证让她按时吃药 |
[04:52] | now you have sickle cell, lebo, | 你也有镰状细胞的问题 |
[04:54] | – so you need to make sure you take some, too. – yes, ma’am. | – 所以你得保证你也要吃一些 – 是 夫人 |
[04:57] | – promise me? – yes, dr. alex. | – 不向我保证? – 我保证 Alex大夫 |
[05:00] | and don’t forget– you both have to have your blood counts | 还有别忘了 你们都要去诊所监视你们的血球数 |
[05:03] | monitored at the clinic, even if you feel fine. | 即使是你们感觉良好 |
[05:04] | i will, just as you told me. i promise. | 我会的 照你对我说的做 我保证 |
[05:07] | thank you. thank you for helping my sister. | 谢谢你 谢谢你帮助我妹妹 |
[05:09] | thank you so much. | 感激不尽 |
[05:12] | are you in pain, lebo? | 你觉得哪儿疼吗 Lebo? |
[05:13] | no, no, i am fine. we have to go. | 不 不 我挺好 我们该走了 |
[05:16] | – dr. bailey. – well, maybe we should check you out. | – Bailey医生 – 我说 也许我们该给你做个检查 |
[05:18] | she’ll miss the plane. it’s no trouble. i’m fine. | 她要误飞机了 什么事儿也没有 我很好 |
[05:20] | okay. wait, hold– | 没事 等一下 等… |
[05:23] | gurney! | 轮床! |
[05:26] | okay, okay, okay. | 没事 没事 没事 |
[05:28] | Greys.Anatomy.S07E21 | |
[05:33] | how about her? | 她怎么样 |
[05:34] | she’s smiling. who smiles when they go for a run? | 她在笑呢 谁会在跑步的时候笑 |
[05:37] | happy people. | 幸福的人呗 |
[05:38] | happiness is overrated. | 幸福被评价过高了 |
[05:40] | what about you? | 你呢 |
[05:41] | shouldn’t what’s his name be off to save the world pretty soon? | 那个谁不是很快就要去拯救世界吗 |
[05:44] | what’s his name is taking a break from world saving. | 那个谁暂时不会去拯救世界了 |
[05:47] | he was offered a permanent position at landstuhl, so– | 他被提供了一个在兰施图尔的终身职位 所以 |
[05:51] | – on your left. – oh, watch out. | – 看左边 – 哦 小心点 |
[05:53] | it’s a u.s. military hospital in germany, | 它是美国驻德国的一所军事医院 |
[05:55] | and he leaves in a week. | 他会在一周内动身 |
[05:56] | that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[05:58] | he asked me to go with him. | 他问我要不要跟他一起去 |
[06:02] | – you okay? – uh, yeah. | – 你没事吧 – 呃 没事 |
[06:06] | i mean, i-i really– | 我的意思是 我 我真的… |
[06:08] | i like him. i-i feel like things could be good with us. | 我喜欢他 我 我希望我们之间相处的更好 |
[06:12] | that’s just crazy, right? | 这太疯狂了 是吧 |
[06:13] | i mean, besides, i have too many obligations here. | 我是说 除此之外 我在这里还有太多责任呢 |
[06:15] | i’m in the middle of my contract, | 我的合同期刚到一半 |
[06:17] | i-i have residents to teach, i have you. | 我 我还要带住院医生 我还有你 |
[06:19] | okay. you just listed me as an obligation. | 好了 你把我当责任了啊 |
[06:21] | no. that–that’s not what i meant | 不… 我不是这意思 |
[06:23] | – i mean, no, you’re not– – no, i get it. like i’m dead weight. | – 我的意思是 你不是 – 不 我明白 就像我是个大包袱 |
[06:26] | i’m an anchor, dragging you down. | 我就是个锚 拖着你往下沉 |
[06:27] | – i’m horrible. – no, stop. that’s–no. i-i… | – 我惹人厌 – 不是 别说了 那是 不 我 我… |
[06:30] | if i move, it might cause your insurance headaches. | 要是我搬家了 你的保险就有麻烦了 |
[06:32] | i’m just saying that we would sort of– | 我只是说我们应该选个… |
[06:35] | we would just have to sort it out. | 我们应该搞定它 |
[06:38] | okay. | 好吧 |
[06:40] | okay. | 好的 |
[06:42] | what about her? | 这姑娘怎么样 |
[06:47] | yeah, if a unibrow was my thing, i’d be all over that. | 这个嘛 要是我喜欢连心眉 那就是她了 |
[06:51] | you’re hopeless. | 你无药可救了 |
[06:55] | what do you got? | 什么情况 |
[06:56] | 17-year-old pregnant female with syncopal episode outside the e.r. | 17岁的怀孕女性在急诊室外急性昏厥 |
[07:00] | Look, she’s got blood in her left lower quadrant. | 看 她腹腔的左下部有积血 |
[07:02] | could be a splenic rupture, but it’s hard to tell. | 可能是脾破裂 但也很难说 |
[07:04] | – abena… – abena’s fine. | – Abena很好 |
[07:05] | don’t worry about her right now. | 现在不要担心她 |
[07:07] | you need to worry about yourself. you need to have surgery. | 你要担心的是你自己 你得动手术 |
[07:10] | lebo, why didn’t you tell us you were pregnant? | Lebo 为什么不告诉我们你怀孕了 |
[07:12] | you would’ve said i cannot fly. | 你们会说我不能坐飞机 |
[07:14] | i had to be here for my sister. | 我必须在这陪着我妹妹 |
[07:17] | is something wrong with my baby? | 我的孩子有事吗 |
[07:18] | i see a strong heartbeat, but there’s not much fluid surrounding the baby, | 我看见了强劲的心跳 但是胎儿周围的液体不足 |
[07:22] | and he’s very small for 32 weeks. | 而且他才32周 还太小了 |
[07:24] | she’s eight months along? | 她怀孕8个月了? |
[07:25] | yeah, i’m gonna need to monitor this baby. | 是啊 我得监测这个胎儿 |
[07:27] | well, we need to take her to c.t. first | 好吧 我们得先给她做个CT |
[07:28] | to see where the abdominal bleeding’s coming from. | 看看腹腔的出血是从哪儿来的 |
[07:30] | okay, i’ll meet you in surgery. | 好吧 我们手术时见 |
[07:31] | she’s barely breathing. i’ll get an ambu. | 她呼吸困难 我去拿呼吸器 |
[07:33] | i’ve got blood hanging, but her b.p.’s still dropping. | 我给她挂上血袋 但她的血压还在降 |
[07:35] | – no time for a c.t. – all right, call up and get an o.r. ready. | – 没时间做CT了 – 好 打电话订一间手术室 |
[07:38] | it’s based on a protocol used in aviation. | 它基于一份航空业的协定书 |
[07:40] | a simple checklist has led to a huge drop in plane crashes. | 一份简单的清单就大大降低了飞机坠毁的次数 |
[07:44] | ’cause it cuts down on human error. | 因为它减少了人为错误 |
[07:45] | exactly, and i thought instead of- | 正是如此 所以我认为与其… |
[07:47] | – here you go. – thanks | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[07:48] | telling you about it in an interview, | 在面试的时候纸上谈兵 |
[07:49] | i’d walk you through it. | 还不如边走边演示一遍 |
[07:51] | so the checklist is the first page on every patient clipboard | 所以这份清单会放在每份病历表的首页 |
[07:55] | so you can see at a glance | 这样你就能一目了然 |
[07:56] | that mr. aranda has been checked infor coughing up blood, | 比如Aranda先生已经被查出咳血 |
[07:59] | has been seen by a physician, has had a chest x-ray, | 已经被一位内科医生看过 已经做了X光胸片检查 |
[08:02] | and those results have come back, | 所有结果都已经送回了 |
[08:03] | so now we just need to geta consent for bronchoscopy to rule out cancer. | 所以现在我们只需要同意 做个支气管窥镜检查来排除癌症 |
[08:09] | cancer? | 癌症? |
[08:10] | – he might have cancer? – like grandpa had? | – 他可能会得癌症 – 像爷爷那样? |
[08:13] | – he died. – whoa, whoa. what are you talking about? | – 他死了 – 喂 喂 你们在说什么呢 |
[08:15] | i’m sorry. i-i said “rule out cancer.” | 我很抱歉 我 我说的是”排除癌症” |
[08:18] | there’s a spot on your x-ray | 你的X光片上有个斑点 |
[08:20] | that we just need to take a closer look at | 我们只需要近距离观察一下 |
[08:21] | so that we can be sure that your dad’s just fine. | 这样我们就能确定你爸爸没事了 |
[08:24] | just to be sure, okay? | 只是确认一下 好吗 |
[08:28] | okay. so that’s, uh… update the patient. | 好了 所以我们要…呃… 通知病人的 |
[08:30] | dr. hunt, bed seven is admitted for observation, | Hunt医生 7号床已经做完入院检查了 |
[08:32] | bed five is discharged, i put in a drain in bed nine, | 5号床已经出院 我给9号床插了管 |
[08:35] | and i’m reporting for further instruction. | 所以我来报告等待进一步指示 |
[08:37] | you are organized. | 你真是井井有条 |
[08:39] | and focused and efficient. | 专注和高效哦 |
[08:40] | okay. well, mr. aranda here needs to go up to bronchoscopy. | 好 那么 Aranda先生现在要去做支气管窥镜检查 |
[08:43] | – well, i’ll take him. – oh, actually, no. | – 没问题 我带他去 – 哦 实际上 不对 |
[08:45] | proper protocol is to page dr. altman. | 正确的步骤是呼叫Altman医生 |
[08:47] | she will schedule the bronchoscopy. | 由她来安排支气管窥镜检查 |
[08:49] | see? it’s right here on the checklist. | 看见了吗 就在清单上 |
[08:51] | protocol. | 记录单 |
[08:53] | okay, so the next step is the o.r. checklist. | 好 所以下一个步骤就是订手术室 清单上写的 |
[09:02] | mr. aranda, let’s get you up to bronchoscopy. | Aranda先生 让我带你去做支气管窥镜检查 |
[09:06] | oh, there’s a lot of bleeding here. | 噢 这儿出了很多血 |
[09:07] | uh, more suction. | 呃 再吸 |
[09:08] | where’s the source? | 出血点在哪里 |
[09:10] | well, so far the spleen looks good. | 好 目前为止脾脏看起来不错 |
[09:13] | just keep exploring. | 继续找 |
[09:16] | just a little more retraction there, please. | 这边多牵引一点 |
[09:21] | what’s he doing there? | 他为什么会在这儿呢 |
[09:23] | nobody move. gown me. i’m going in. | 都别动 给我穿外罩 我要进去了 |
[09:25] | um, how did her baby get tangled up in her intestines? | 呃 她的胎儿怎么会缠在她的肠子里 |
[09:37] | right over here. | 就放这儿 |
[09:38] | the baby survived a fullterm outside of the uterus? | 这个胎儿整个妊娠期都活在子宫外吗 |
[09:40] | yeah, it’s extremely rare. | 是的 这极其罕见 |
[09:42] | her tubes are scarred, so the fertilized egg found a place to implant | 她的内膜有瘢痕 所以受精卵找了个 |
[09:44] | where it could continue to grow. | 它能继续生长的地方着床 |
[09:46] | dr. bailey, grab his foot while i free him from these adhesions. | Bailey医生 抓着他的脚 我把他从这些黏连物中分离出来 |
[09:49] | well, why didn’t it show upon the ultrasound? | 我说 为什么这在超声检查里没显示呢 |
[09:50] | believe it or not, it’s missed about 50% of the time. | 信不信由你 有百分之五十的误差率 |
[09:53] | keep suctioning. okay, he’s coming out. | 继续抽吸 好 他出来了 |
[09:55] | clamps to dr. robbins, please. | 夹子请递给Robbins医生 |
[09:56] | dr. karev, cut the cord and take him to get checked out. | Karev医生 切断脐带 带他去做检查 |
[10:02] | okay, the blood in her abdomen is from her placenta ripping apart. | 好 她腹腔里的血是从胎盘撕裂的地方出来的 |
[10:04] | we need to remove as much as possible. | 我们得尽量清理掉 |
[10:07] | be prepared for torrentia hemorrhage. check the– | 做好大出血的准备 检查… |
[10:09] | pressure’s dropping. | 血压降低了 |
[10:10] | damn it. clamps. zero vicryl. | 该死 夹钳 零号线 |
[10:12] | we gotta stop this bleeding, or we’re gonna lose her. | 我们得止住出血 不然她就没命了 |
[10:14] | crossmatch six more units of r.b.c.s and get them up here, stat. | 交叉配型六个单位的血 把它们拿这里来 抓紧 |
[10:17] | alex, i don’t hear that baby. | Alex 我听不见孩子哭啊 |
[10:18] | come on, buddy. give it up. | 加油 伙计 别憋着了 |
[10:32] | and i’ve been doing some research on diabetes, | 我还做过些糖尿病的研究 |
[10:34] | and i heard you’restarting a clinical trial. | 而我听说你又启动了一项临床试验 |
[10:35] | i-i’d like to see if i could get on it. | 我 我想看看是不是能有机会参加 |
[10:37] | well, the trial has very specific criteria. | 这个嘛 实验有非常明确的标准 |
[10:40] | i mean, the subjects have to remain impartial. | 我是说 项目必须保持公正性 |
[10:42] | the fact that you’re married to one of my attendings– | 事实是你跟我们一个主任医师结婚了 |
[10:45] | look, i know that you have never been wild about the fact that teddy married me, | 听我说 我知道你从来没有 对Teddy跟我结婚这件事儿觉得特别高兴 |
[10:49] | but the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[10:50] | i really like her… | 我真的喜欢她… |
[10:52] | and not just for her insurance. | 并不只是为了保险 |
[10:54] | but she still sees me as a patient, | 但她仍然把我当成一个病人 |
[10:55] | as a– as an insurance | 当成一个… |
[10:57] | sponge. | 一个蹭保险的 |
[10:58] | i need to get my own insurance, | 我需要我自己的保险 |
[11:00] | so in order to do that i need a job, and in ord to get a job | 为此我需要一份工作 而为了得到一份工作 |
[11:02] | it would be helpful if i wasn’t going into diabetic shock every five minutes. | 我就能不每五分钟因为糖尿病休克一次 |
[11:10] | hey, um, what’s this? | 嘿 呃 这是什么 |
[11:12] | – just a… – oh. | – 只是一个… – 噢 |
[11:13] | – hey. – hunt. | – 嗨 |
[11:15] | my knee replacement got canceled, | 我的膝关节复位手术被取消了 |
[11:16] | and i need to break some bones. | 所以我需要敲碎一些骨头 |
[11:17] | aren’t you supposed to mend them? | 你不是应该修补它们吗 |
[11:18] | well, it’s my first dayback, | 是啊 这是我第一天回来 |
[11:19] | and i left my baby for the first time since we got home. | 这是自打我们回家后我第一次把孩子留下 |
[11:22] | i need to remember why i love being a surgeon so much | 我需要回忆起 为什么我这么喜欢当一个外科医生 |
[11:25] | or i’m afraid i will walk out of here and never come back. | 不然我怕我会从这儿走出去再也不回来了 |
[11:27] | it doesn’t have to be big. just a sprained ankle, hairline fracture, anything. | 也不用什么大手术 只要脚踝扭伤 骨裂什么的 什么都行 |
[11:30] | – okay. – oh, my god. | – 没问题 – 哦 我的天哪 |
[11:32] | anytime i hear a baby cry, it makes me think of sofia. | 不管什么时候听见婴儿哭 都会让我想起Sofia |
[11:37] | they all sound like her. wait. that really sounds like her. | 他们听起来都像她 等等 那听起来真的像她 |
[11:41] | what? | 什么 |
[11:43] | what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么呢 |
[11:44] | it’s bring your daughter to work day. | 今天是带女儿来工作日 |
[11:46] | – no, it’s not. – i bathed her, changed her. | – 不 今天不是 – 我给她洗了澡 换了衣服 |
[11:49] | i fed her, i napped her. | 喂她 哄她打了盹儿 |
[11:50] | – hi. – we read a book, | – 嗨 – 我们读了书 |
[11:51] | played with that little hanging, jingling thing… | 玩了会儿挂着的 叮呤当啷的小玩意儿 |
[11:56] | and it was still only 11:30. i needed some adult contact. | 这才到十一点半 我需要接触些成年人啦 |
[12:01] | – please take this baby away from me. – sure. | – 拜托把这个宝贝儿从我身边拿走 – 当然 |
[12:03] | – i’m serious. take her, mark. – okay. | – 我说真的呢 带她走 – 好的 |
[12:06] | oh my god. oh, my god. this baby’s crack. | 哦 我的天那 我的天那 这是中了婴儿毒了 |
[12:09] | she’s a crack baby. | 她真让人上瘾啊 |
[12:11] | you shouldn’t call her that. | 这是啥话 |
[12:12] | torres. you’re in luck. | Torres 你走气了 |
[12:14] | motorcycle crash 20 minutes out. | 摩托车事故 二十分钟后到 |
[12:15] | yes. | 知道了 |
[12:16] | okay. | 好吧 |
[12:18] | i love you, but mommy’s gotta go to work. | 我爱你 但是妈妈要去工作了 |
[12:22] | – take her, mark. – give me the baby. | – 接着她 Mark – 把孩子给我啊 |
[12:23] | – just physically lift her from my arms. – ok | 把她身体从我怀里抱走 |
[12:29] | – oh, no. – no, no. it’s not that bad. | – 哦 不 – 别 不哭 没那么糟 |
[12:32] | – okay. i’ll be right– – back– | – 好吧 我会没事的 – 向后转 |
[12:34] | – back you go. – okay. | – 向后走 – 好 |
[12:37] | lebo’s bowel looks clean. | Lebo的肠子看来清理干净了 |
[12:38] | we got all the adhesions. | 我们剥下了所有的黏连物 |
[12:41] | how’s the baby? | 孩子怎么样 |
[12:42] | good. apgar score’s 9 and 10. | 不错 阿氏评分9到10 |
[12:44] | how’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[12:45] | we got the bleeding under control and removed the placenta, | 我们止住了出血 还清除了胎盘 |
[12:48] | – and we’re about to close. – she’s gonna be just fine. | – 我们正准备缝合呢 – 她会没事的 |
[12:50] | yeah, for now. she’s gonna go back there. | 是啊 暂时的 她得回到那边去 |
[12:53] | she won’t get the follow-upcare that she needs. | 她得不到接下来所需的后续治疗啊 |
[12:55] | once she and her sister run out of thesickle cell meds we gave them, | 一旦她和她的妹妹用完了 我们给她们的镰状细胞治疗药物 |
[12:58] | then what are they gonna do? | 接下来她们该怎么办 |
[12:59] | the best they can. | 自求多福吧 |
[13:01] | what about the kid? he’s probably a sickler, too. | 这孩子怎么办 他可能也是个镰状细胞患者 |
[13:04] | who’s gonna give him his vaccination? | 谁来给他接种疫苗呢 |
[13:05] | well, how about you, karev? | 我说 你怎么样 Karev |
[13:06] | what? | 什么 |
[13:08] | you. | 你啊 |
[13:09] | go there. go back with them. | 到那里去 跟她们一起回去 |
[13:10] | the job at namboze clinic has never been filled. | Namboze诊所的职位还没找到接替的人 |
[13:13] | they’re looking for someone who’s single, unattached, | 他们正在寻找单身的 没有牵绊的 |
[13:15] | with minimum three years residency. | 至少有三年住院实习经验的人 |
[13:16] | there’s a med school loan forgiveness grant attached to it. | 通过这个还能抵消一些医学院的贷款 |
[13:19] | they’ve already been coordinating with you. | 他们都已经跟你开始合作了 |
[13:20] | i mean, they know you. you’re kind of perfect. | 我是说 他们知道你 你很棒 |
[13:22] | well, that’s pretty far to go for a follow-up exam. | 可是 那对于后续的检查来说 可是够远的啊 |
[13:26] | you’d be great. | 你会做的很好的 |
[13:27] | i could take care of it with one call. | 我打个电话就能搞定 |
[13:28] | so you just think about it. | 所以你考虑一下 |
[13:36] | sir. | 先生 |
[13:38] | oh, avery. uh, that chart over there– henry burton–needs to be screened. | 哦 Avery 那儿有份Henry Burton的材料 需要审核一下 |
[13:41] | if he meets the criteria, puthim in line for phase 1. | 如果他符合标准 就把他放进第一阶段的队伍里 |
[13:43] | chief, i, um, | 主任 我 呃 |
[13:45] | i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:46] | i need to step away from the trial. | 我得退出实验 |
[13:51] | – you what? – i appreciate the opportunity, i do, | – 什么? – 我很感激你给我这次机会 真的 |
[13:54] | and i don’t want to inconvenience you going forward– | 而我不想给你以后造成障碍 |
[13:56] | i’m not worried about me. | 我不担心自己 |
[13:58] | you were a big part of getting this thing where it is. | 你是这个项目的重要组成部分 |
[14:00] | i don’t know why you want to give it up. | 我不知道你为什么要放弃 |
[14:02] | well, that’s very nice of you to say, sir. | 这个 非常高兴听你这么说 主任 |
[14:04] | but i feel like i need to focus on surgery right now. | 但我觉得我现在需要把精力放在手术上 |
[14:08] | you sure about this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[14:10] | respectfully, yes. | 我确定 真的 |
[14:12] | i am. | 我想好了 |
[14:15] | thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 主任 |
[14:27] | excellent work, dr. karev. | 做的很出色 Karev医生 |
[14:28] | grey, just give me two seconds. | Grey 等我一小会儿 |
[14:29] | okay. | 好的 |
[14:34] | no, i didn’t say anything. | 没 我什么也没说 |
[14:36] | but maybe you should if you’re so worried about it, | 不过既然你那么担心 也许你该说出来 |
[14:38] | before somebody finds out. | 趁还没人发现 |
[14:41] | no one is going to. | 不会有人发现的 |
[14:45] | grey. | |
[14:47] | ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[14:48] | yeah. | 好了 |
[14:49] | okay, there it is. | 好的 就是这儿 |
[14:52] | it doesn’t look like a tumor. it looks like… | 看上去不像是肿瘤 像是个… |
[14:55] | wait. what is that? | 等等 那是什么 |
[14:58] | i’m gonna come at it from a different angle. | 我要换个角度看看 |
[15:00] | there. that’s better. | 这就好多了 |
[15:02] | i just need to get a little closer. | 我只需要再靠近一点点 |
[15:05] | oh, my god. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[15:07] | wait. is that… | 等等 那是… |
[15:08] | is that a– is it? | 那是个 是个 |
[15:10] | yes. | 没错 |
[15:14] | should we call dr. altman? | 我们要呼叫Altman医生吗 |
[15:15] | no. | 不 |
[15:18] | no. | 不 |
[15:32] | merry christmas. | 圣诞节快乐 |
[15:33] | you don’t have a tumor. | 你并不是得了肿瘤 |
[15:34] | you have a tree growing in your lung. | 你的肺里长了一棵树 |
[15:38] | my husband has a what? | 我丈夫长了什么 |
[15:39] | a-a tree. | 一棵 一棵树 |
[15:40] | you could have, uh, inhaled a seedling | 你可能是 嗯 吸进了一颗树籽儿 |
[15:43] | and somehow, it took root and started growing in there. | 不知怎么的 它就在那儿扎根并长起来了 |
[15:46] | we were, um, | 我们曾经 嗯 |
[15:48] | trimming our trees a couple of months ago, | 几个月前修剪我们的树篱来着 |
[15:50] | and–and stuff was flying around, but– | 那时 那时候树屑满天飞 但是 |
[15:51] | but–but how can it grow? | 但是 但是它怎么能长起来呢 |
[15:53] | there’s–there’s no light, there’s no soil. | 又没有 又没有光 没有土壤 |
[15:54] | i-it happens. | 它 它就那么长起来了 |
[15:56] | somehow, it just adapted. | 不知道为什么 它就那么适应了 |
[15:58] | so my dad doesn’t have cancer? | 所以我爸爸没有得癌症吗 |
[16:00] | no, he doesn’t. | 是的 他没得 |
[16:02] | uh, but he’ll need a little surgery, and then he’ll be fine. | 嗯 但是他得做个小手术 然后就没事儿了 |
[16:04] | dr. yang, can i please see you in the hall? | Yang医生 能请你跟我去趟大厅吗 |
[16:07] | my dad doesn’t have cancer. | 我爸爸没有得癌症 |
[16:09] | that’s great. | 那太好了 |
[16:10] | um, to be clear, i never said he had cancer. | 呃 澄清一下 我从没说过他得了癌症 |
[16:13] | – you were wrong. you’re a bad doctor. – hey. come on. | – 你错了 你是个烂医生 – 嘿 别说了 |
[16:16] | dr. yang, one minute, please. | Yang医生 请快一点 |
[16:21] | i’ll be back. | 我这就回来 |
[16:26] | you falsified his checklist. | 你伪造了他的检查表 |
[16:27] | i streamlined it, and i found a tree in his lung. | 小小调整而已 而且我发现了他的肺里有棵树 |
[16:30] | you never paged dr. altman. you just hijacked this patient. | 你根本就没呼叫Altman医生 你只是劫持了这个病人 |
[16:33] | a tree, april. a conifer. | 一棵树 April 一棵针叶树 |
[16:35] | that’s… | 那是… |
[16:38] | well, that’s… | 呃 那是… |
[16:40] | well, did–did you… did you tell dr. altman? | 这个 你已经 已经 你已经告诉Altman医生了吗 |
[16:43] | no. i found it. he’s my patient. | 当然没 我找到的 他是我的病人 |
[16:45] | and i’m gonna take it out myself. | 所以我要自己把它取出来 |
[16:47] | – you’re what? – it’s a biopsy– like aglorified lung biopsy. | – 你要做什么 – 这是个活体检查 说的好听点就是肺部活检 |
[16:49] | otherwise known as a thorocotomy, | 或者叫一次胸廓切开术 |
[16:51] | which is a procedure that needs tobe supervised by an attending– | 按照程序需要Tobe参加监督的 |
[16:54] | one little breach in protocol won’t– | 一次小小的破例不会… |
[16:56] | oh! so you do admit it was a breach of protocol? | 哈 那你终于也承认这是违规了 |
[16:58] | april, if you do this with me, | April 要是你跟我一起做这个手术 |
[17:00] | i will put in a good word for you with owen. | 我就帮你在Owen面前说好话 |
[17:07] | why would you do that? | 为什么你要做那个手术 |
[17:08] | ’cause it’s a tree in a man’s lung. | 因为有棵树在那男人的肺里 |
[17:18] | got your c.t.and blood work, reviewed your files. | 拿到了你的CT和血检结果 审阅了你的资料 |
[17:21] | yes, and? | 是吗 然后呢 |
[17:23] | and it looks like medically, you’re a candidate. | 然后看起来比较符合医学标准 你是个理想人选 |
[17:25] | but, uh, i still have some reservations. | 但是 我仍然有些保留意见 |
[17:28] | oh, dr. webber. | 哦 Webber医生 |
[17:30] | andrew perkins. well, this is a surprise. | Andrew Perkins 哦 真是出乎意料 |
[17:33] | hope you’re not here on business. | 希望你不是因为公事到这儿来的 |
[17:34] | actually, i have a lunchdate with dr. altman. | 实际上 我跟Altman医生约了吃午饭 |
[17:37] | hey. | 嘿 |
[17:39] | – hey. – hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[17:41] | uh, andrew, this is my– my friend, | 呃 Andrew 这是我的 我的朋友 |
[17:43] | uh, who i told you about. | 呃 我提起过的 |
[17:44] | oh, the v.h.l. guy with, uh, diabetes? | 哦 就是那个有糖尿病的西林二氏病患者? |
[17:47] | among other things, yes. | 我还有别的事 是的 |
[17:48] | – h-henry burton. – uh, sorry. i didn’t mean– | – 哦 对不起 我不是那个意思 |
[17:50] | no, it’s fine. i am– i’m teddy’s friend, | 不 没事儿 我是 我是Teddy的朋友 |
[17:52] | the v.h.l. guy with diabetes. | 有糖尿病的西林二氏病患者 |
[17:55] | but hopefully, not for long. | 但是很有希望马上就要康复了 |
[17:57] | henry’s gonna be on my clinical trial. | Henry就要参加我们的新药临床试验了 |
[17:59] | that’s–that’s great. | 那可真是…真是太好了 |
[18:02] | you didn’t tell me that. | 你没跟我说过呀 |
[18:03] | well, i don’t like to brag, so… | 哦 我不喜欢炫耀 所以… |
[18:07] | so should we get to lunch? | 那么我们能去吃饭了吗 |
[18:08] | yeah. yeah, sure. | 是啊 是啊 当然 |
[18:10] | congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[18:11] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:17] | i’m in? | 我入选了吗 |
[18:19] | what about your reservations? | 你不是还有保留意见吗 |
[18:20] | you’re going against andrew perkins. | 你想跟Andew Perkins较量 |
[18:22] | let’s just say, uh, | 这么说吧 呃 |
[18:24] | i have a thing for the underdog. | 我偏爱处在下风的人 |
[18:26] | he is a handsome man. | 他是个英俊的男人 |
[18:27] | he’s also one of the world’s foremost trauma counselors. | 他也是世界上顶尖的创伤外科顾问 |
[18:31] | if there’s an earthquake, a plane crash, | 如果有地震 飞机坠毁 |
[18:33] | any kind of catastrophe– | 任何天灾人祸 |
[18:35] | he swoops in to help. | 他就会冲上去帮忙 |
[18:37] | so you’re saying, he’s a professional knight in shining armor. | 所以你是说 他是个专业的穿着金盔金甲的骑士 |
[18:40] | i’m saying you need all the help you can get. | 我只是说你需要你很多帮助 |
[18:46] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:50] | how long of a commitment would you need? | 你需要多长交接时间 |
[18:53] | okay. | 好的 |
[18:55] | no, i-i understand. | 不 我 我明白 |
[18:58] | yeah, i-i just wanted a few days. | 是的 我 再给我考虑几天 |
[19:01] | yeah. i will. | 是 我会的 |
[19:03] | you, too. | 你也是 |
[19:07] | – how’s she doing? – was that– | – 她怎么样了 – 那是 |
[19:09] | were you just talking to the namboze clinic? | 你是在跟Namboze诊所通话吗 |
[19:11] | yeah. yeah, i just wanted to get, | 是啊 是啊 我刚才想知道 |
[19:13] | some more specifics. | 一些更多的细节 |
[19:14] | so you’re gonna go. | 所以你打算去那儿了 |
[19:16] | i don’t know. | 我不知道呢 |
[19:17] | i mean, i’d get to do incredible surgeries right there in the trenches, | 我是说 我可以在那边的壕沟里面 做难以置信的手术 |
[19:20] | plus, i’d be the boss. | 而且 我会是头儿 |
[19:22] | i mean, after bringing all these kids over here, | 我是说 在把这些孩子带到这里之后 |
[19:23] | i can’t imagine going back to just being a resident. | 很难想象再回到做一个住院医师的日子了 |
[19:26] | being chief resident could be cool. | 成为总住院医师会挺酷的 |
[19:28] | i mean, that would be a reason to stay, | 我的意思是 那会是个留下的理由 |
[19:30] | but i mean, who knows? | 不过我想说 天晓得 |
[19:32] | and if i don’t get it, | 要是我没有得到这个职位的话 |
[19:33] | where does that leave me? | 我还有什么地方可去呢 |
[19:35] | i’m left here with nothing. | 我会一无所有的 |
[19:37] | what do you think? | 你会怎么想 |
[19:38] | stay or go? | 留还是去 |
[19:41] | at this point, i really don’t think it matters what i think. | 在这个问题上 我真的认为我怎么想的无关紧要 |
[19:49] | hey, what are you doing? | 嘿 你干什么呢 |
[19:50] | getting ready to remove a tree from a guy’s lung. | 准备移除一个家伙肺里的一棵树 |
[19:53] | no time for mommy prep. | 没时间帮你准备妈咪问题了 |
[19:54] | okay, what if the social worker wants to ask me | 好吧 要是社工想问我 |
[19:56] | about the time i spent sleeping around europe? | 关于我在欧洲一个人的那段时间怎么办 |
[19:57] | oh, that’s easy. | 哦 那容易 |
[19:59] | you were absorbing other cultures. | 你是在体验别国文化 |
[20:01] | okay, and what about the fact that my mother had early-onset alzheimer’s | 好 要是问到我妈妈 有早发性奥兹海默病症的事呢 |
[20:04] | and may have passed the gene on to me? | 也许会传给了我这种基因呢 |
[20:06] | makes you more appreciative of the gift of life. | 那令你更加珍惜生活 |
[20:08] | mm. okay, i put my hand on a bomb in a body. | 嗯 好 我把手伸进藏有炸弹的身体里 |
[20:11] | – she could think that was— – suicidal? | – 她会认为那是 – 自杀倾向吗? |
[20:13] | no. it was brave. | 不 那是勇气非凡 |
[20:15] | uh, yeah, i told a shooter to shoot me. | 哦 好吧 我让一个枪手朝我开枪 |
[20:18] | change the subject. | 转移话题 |
[20:25] | chicks suck. | 女人真差劲 |
[20:27] | what’s your problem? | 你怎么啦 |
[20:29] | like you’d care. | 好像你关心似的 |
[20:30] | i don’t, but i’ve got four floors to kill in | 我不关心 但是我还要消磨电梯的时间 |
[20:33] | and i’m on a hot streak. | 而且我正鸿运当头呢 |
[20:35] | arizona offered me this job at her old clinic in africa. | Arizona向我提供了她原来在非洲的诊所的工作 |
[20:39] | when i told lucy i was thinking about it, | 当我告诉Lucy我在考虑的时候 |
[20:40] | she got all pissed and stormed off. | 她显得非常生气 愤然离去了 |
[20:43] | well, did you ask her to come with you, | 是吗 你问过她要不要和你一起去没 |
[20:45] | tell her you’d miss her, | 告诉她 你会想念她没 |
[20:46] | look deeply into her eyes? | 深深地望着她的眼睛了吗 |
[20:48] | no. | 没有 |
[20:49] | well, obviously, she’s got feelings for you. | 听着 很明显 她对你有感觉 |
[20:51] | you’re dead inside. you have no feelings. | 你的心已经死了 你没有任何感觉 |
[20:54] | by the way, you should take that job in africa. | 顺便说一下 你应该接受非洲的工作 |
[20:56] | it’d be totally amazing. | 那会是无以伦比的 |
[20:59] | you just want me out of the running for chief resident. | 你只是想让我退出总住院医师的竞赛 |
[21:01] | just trying to help. | 只是想帮忙而已 |
[21:05] | can i ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[21:06] | – bring it. – okay. | – 说吧 – 好 |
[21:08] | – what is it about guy’s with babies that makes women go crazy? – doctor. | – 为啥一个带小孩的男人会令女人们疯狂 – 医生 |
[21:11] | – i mean, it’s like when you’reat the park… – thank you. | – 我是说 就像你在公园里… – 谢谢你 |
[21:12] | and you see a guy with a puppy. | 你看见个男人带了个小孩 |
[21:14] | now normally, you wouldn’t even notice the guy, | 在一般情况下 你甚至都不会注意到那男人 |
[21:16] | but then he’s laughing, and the puppy’s crawling all over him, | 但是当他开始笑 那小孩绕着他跑跑跳跳 |
[21:19] | and then he’s–he’s tickling the puppy’s little puppy belly, | 然后他 他开始给小孩的小肚皮搔痒痒 |
[21:22] | and then you’re thinking, | 然后你会开始想了 |
[21:23] | i wouldn’t mind spending the rest of my life with that guy. | 我好想跟那个男人共度余生呢 |
[21:26] | what is that? | 那是怎么回事 |
[21:31] | oh, everybody’s looking at the baby, | 哦 每个人都在看孩子 |
[21:32] | and no one’s looking at mark… | 没人看Mark… |
[21:34] | except you. | 除了你 |
[21:39] | – oh, kepner. – cristina. | – 哦 Kepner |
[21:40] | – did you get the o.r.? – i did. i– | – 你弄到手术室了吗 – 我弄到了 |
[21:42] | yes. kepner, you know what? | 好极了 Kepner 你知道吗 |
[21:43] | i think i figured out something about you. | 我觉得我想通了 |
[21:45] | i have not had sex for, like, three days, | 我已经差不多三天没做爱了 |
[21:47] | and i think it’s giving me super powers. | 我觉得那给了我超级能量 |
[21:49] | everything is bright and clear. | 每件事都清楚又明了 |
[21:51] | i am solving problems. | 我手到擒来 |
[21:53] | no wonder you are so organized. you have virgin super powers. | 难怪你那么井井有条 你有处女的超级能量 |
[21:55] | – i-i don’t think that that has anything to– – no, seriously. thank you. | – 我 我不觉得那 那有什么可… – 不 我说真的 谢谢你 |
[21:58] | i-i’ve been shut out of cardio for months, | 我 我被心胸外科拒之门外好几个月了 |
[22:00] | and today is, like, the firstday i felt like myself. | 而今天 怎么说呢 我第一次觉得又找回了自己 |
[22:03] | thank you. i really needed this. | 谢谢你 我真的需要这个手术 |
[22:05] | oh, my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[22:06] | what? | 怎么了 |
[22:07] | you’re just, like, treating me like a friend. | 你刚刚 就像 就像个朋友似的对待我 |
[22:10] | yeah. so? | 是啊 所以呢 |
[22:12] | i’ll go in and excise the tree with minimal invasion to your lungs. | 我会利用微创技术 切除肺内的树 |
[22:17] | dr. yang. | Yang医生 |
[22:19] | join us, please. | 请加入我们吧 |
[22:25] | sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:26] | i needed this, too. | 我也需要这个 |
[22:38] | i don’t understand. why isn’t dr. yang doing the surgery? | 我不知道为什么不是Yang医生来做这个手术 |
[22:40] | well, she’s certainly capable, | 她肯定有这个能力 |
[22:43] | but dr. altman is our chief of cardio. | 但是Altman医生是我们的心胸外科主任 |
[22:45] | i have experience with complex cases like yours. | 我有在像您这样的复杂的情况下手术的经验 |
[22:48] | okay, see, | 好吧 你看 |
[22:49] | i saw three doctors for this cough before i came here today. | 在我今天来这儿之前 我已经因为这个咳嗽瞧过三位大夫了 |
[22:52] | they all said the same thing, “it’ll go away. be patient.” | 他们都说了同样的话 “耐心过段时间就没事了” |
[22:57] | and then i wake up this morning, | 然而当我今早醒来 |
[22:58] | and i’m coughing up blood. | 我都咳出血了 |
[23:01] | and then this one over here tells me it’s cancer. | 然后站在这儿的这位告诉我它是癌症 |
[23:03] | come on. that is not what i said. | 拜托 我可没这么说 |
[23:06] | then finally… | 最后… |
[23:07] | i meet dr. yang here. | 我在这儿见到了Yang医生 |
[23:09] | and she says it’s not acough and it’s not cancer, | 她说这既不是咳嗽 也不是癌症 |
[23:12] | but a tree in my lung… | 而是有棵树在我的肺里… |
[23:15] | and just like that, i’m not gonna die. | 就这样 我不会死了 |
[23:18] | i’m gonna be fine. | 我会痊愈的 |
[23:21] | so if she can do the surgery, | 所以如果她有能力做这个手术 |
[23:25] | i’d like to stick with her. | 我要坚持由她来做 |
[23:31] | all right. here is a scenario for you. | 好了 现在给你一个场景 |
[23:33] | you are chief resident, | 你是总住院医师 |
[23:34] | and one of your colleagues comes to you | 你的一个同事来找你 |
[23:35] | and says that he is dropping out of a clinical trial. | 说他退出了一项临床试验 |
[23:37] | what do you say? | 你会说什么 |
[23:40] | – dr. hunt- – what do you tell him? | – Hunt医生 – 你会怎么跟他说 |
[23:43] | i’d urge him to think it through carefully, | 我会鼓励他仔细考虑 |
[23:47] | but i would respect his decision. | 但我会尊重他的决定 |
[23:49] | well, my opinion is that you have a history | 好吧 我觉得呢 |
[23:51] | of quitting when things get tough, | 你遇到困难总逃避 |
[23:53] | of walking away when you’re challenged. | 面临挑战 都会躲开 |
[23:57] | now maybe it’s because you’re not used to working hard for things | 这么看来也许你不适合需要努力的工作 |
[24:00] | or maybe because you have a fear of success, | 或者是因为你害怕成功 |
[24:02] | but i am telling you, | 但是我要告诉你 |
[24:04] | you’re making a big mistake here. | 你这是犯了个大错 |
[24:07] | i hear you. | 我听见了 |
[24:09] | i just disagree. | 我只是不太同意 |
[24:12] | anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[24:14] | no. | 没有了 |
[24:15] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:20] | you’re actually considering this? | 你当真要这么做吗 |
[24:21] | look, just answer the question. | 这个嘛 只要回答问题 |
[24:23] | can she perform the surgery? | 她能做好这个手术吗 |
[24:26] | yes, she can. she is capable. | 是的 她可以 她有这个能力 |
[24:29] | in my defense, i was simply streamlining the process and took the initiative– | 容我解释一句 我只是简化了流程 而且我很主动而已 |
[24:32] | cut the crap. you went behind my back to spite me. | 别说废话了 这是你背后小动作 |
[24:35] | well, you gave me no choice | 好吧 你让我别无选择 |
[24:36] | okay, look, enough. you obviously have axes to grind, | 行了 我说 够了 你们明显还需要磨合 |
[24:38] | and i’m not gonna stand here while you sort it out. | 我也不会站在这儿等你们争出是非 |
[24:40] | in the meantime, this patient needs surgery. | 在此期间 这个病人需要手术 |
[24:42] | he’s more comfortable with yang doing it. | 他又想Yang医生做手术 |
[24:44] | she should be suspended for insubordination, | 她应该因为不服从上级被停职 |
[24:46] | but you’re gonna reward her instead? | 但你却反而要奖励她? |
[24:47] | i’ll decide disciplinary actions, dr. altman, | 我的奖惩行为 我自己会决定 Altman医生 |
[24:50] | and i will take them out on dr. yang, not on the patient. | 但应该受处罚的是Yang 不是病人 |
[24:53] | – you will observe. – yes, sir. | – 你去观摩手术吧 – 是 先生 |
[24:56] | kepner, you’ll assist | Kepner 你来做助手 |
[24:57] | oh, sir, under the circumstances, | 哦 先生 在这种情况下 |
[24:58] | – don’t you think that it would— – the–the decision’s been made. | – 你不觉得这应该 – 已经决定了 |
[25:02] | and i’ll make sure dr. hunt considers this | 而且我会确保让Hunt医生 |
[25:04] | in his evaluation for chief resident. | 在他的总住院医师评选里参考这件事的 |
[25:12] | let’s get him prepped. | 我们准备一下吧 |
[25:15] | it’s a sliding hernia, she could ligate her ovary. | 这是个滑动性疝 她可以结扎她的卵巢 |
[25:18] | she’s freeing the hernia sac tomake sure that doesn’t happen. | 疝气囊会防止这事发生的 |
[25:20] | is she preparing to do a goldstein test? | 她是准备做一个戈尔茨坦测试吗 |
[25:22] | is she thinking about exploring the other side? | 她打算再检查另一边吗 |
[25:24] | arizona is just being thorough. | Arizona想彻底检查一遍 |
[25:27] | don’t worry, okay? everything’s gonna be fine. | 不要担心 好吗 一切都会好的 |
[25:28] | i wish you would stop saying that. | 我希望你别再说这个了 |
[25:30] | – you don’t know that. – saying what? | – 你根本就不知道 – 说什么 |
[25:31] | “everything’s gonna be fine.” | “一切都会好的” |
[25:33] | she’s got a hernia, hydrocephalus, spina bifida. | 她得了疝气 脑积水 脊柱裂伤 |
[25:36] | anything could happen. | 任何事情都有可能发生 |
[25:37] | her bowel could rupture, her b.p. could drop out– | 她的肠道可能会破裂 她的血压可能会下降 |
[25:40] | robbins is not gonna let that happen. she’s gonna do– | Robbins不会让这些事情发生 她是… |
[25:41] | – what if they find better parents for her? – oh, come on. | – 要是她们给她找到更好的父母会怎样 – 哦 得了吧 |
[25:44] | what if they realize that we rushed into this | 要是他们意识到 |
[25:46] | without really knowing what we’re doing… | 我们草率选择手术了呢 |
[25:49] | or that maybe a resident who works 80 hours a week | 或许一个每周工作八十小时的住院医生 |
[25:52] | isn’t the best candidate for a mom? | 不是做妈妈的最好材料呢 |
[25:54] | so just please stop saying everything’s gonna be okay, | 所以不要再说一切都会好起来的 |
[25:57] | because you don’t know that. | 因为你根本就不知道 |
[26:00] | okay. | 好吧 |
[26:02] | everything… | 每一件事… |
[26:04] | is gonna go… | 都会走向… |
[26:06] | the way it goes. | 它注定的方向 |
[26:08] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:18] | Oh Please don’t | 哦 请别开灯 |
[26:20] | this is the only places he’ll fall asleep. | 这是她唯一能睡着的地方 |
[26:22] | turns out she’s as bored with radiology as we are. | 貌似她跟我们一样讨厌放射科 |
[26:27] | i’ll get out of your way. | 我给你腾地方 |
[26:28] | no, no, no. you stay. | 不 不 不 你呆着 |
[26:31] | besides, i, uh, | 再说 我 呃 |
[26:33] | i haven’t really seen her up close yet. | 我还没离近了好好地看看她呢 |
[26:38] | she’s so much bigger than the last time i saw her. | 她比我上次看到她的时候长大多了 |
[26:41] | eats like a champ. | 吃饭像个大胃王似的 |
[26:44] | want to hold her? | 想抱抱她吗 |
[26:45] | w–oh, no, no. no, it’s okay. | 哇 不 不 不 这样就好了 |
[26:47] | come on. look at that face. you know you want to. | 得了吧 看那小脸蛋 你知道你想的 |
[26:49] | no, it’s o– it’s okay. | 不 不是 好吧 |
[26:50] | yeah, i’ll– i’ll just wake her, | 我只是 怕会吵醒她 |
[26:52] | and then she’ll cry, and then you’ll hate me. | 然后她就会哭 然后你就会恨我了 |
[26:54] | besides, she, uh, doesn’t look like she really wants to move. | 而且 她 呃 她看起来并不怎么想动 |
[27:14] | i should go. | 我该走了 |
[27:17] | i, uh… | 我 呃… |
[27:20] | i am, uh, | 我… |
[27:22] | really happy for you. | 真的为你高兴 |
[27:24] | you seem happy. | 你看上去很开心 |
[27:26] | i am. | 是的 |
[27:29] | i have everything i always wanted. | 我拥有我一直梦想的一切了 |
[27:34] | almost. | 几乎一切 |
[27:47] | i have it. | 我找到了 |
[27:48] | i have it. okay, can i get some more suction down here, please? | 我找到了 好 能帮我再再抽吸一点吗 |
[27:56] | look at that. | 看好了 |
[27:57] | i can’t believe it lived in there. | 我简直不相信它生长在那儿了 |
[27:59] | it managed to thrive in a hostile environment. | 在充满敌意的环境中茁壮成长 |
[28:08] | i’m gonna keep it. | 我要留着它 |
[28:09] | what? no. no, no, it has to go to path and then get destroyed. | 什么 不行 不行 不行 它必须按规定回收并且销毁 |
[28:12] | it’s not cancer. it’s a christmas tree. | 这不是癌症 是棵圣诞树而已 |
[28:14] | it’s a pathology specimen. protocol– | 这是个病理标本 规章制度 |
[28:16] | protocol doesn’t account for trees in people. | 规章制度并没有说到人体里的树吧 |
[28:18] | protocol accounts for whatever comes up. | 规章制度包括取出来的任何东西 |
[28:20] | that’s why we have protocol, | 任何情况都得遵守规矩 |
[28:22] | so there are rules and steps that we can depend on. | 所以我们的每个步骤都有规则可依 |
[28:26] | i know the rules seem fussy and annoying | 我知道制度看起来繁琐又烦人 |
[28:28] | and people hate them, and… | 所以大家恨它们 而且… |
[28:31] | the people who enforce them are fussy and annoying, too, | 执行它的人也是又挑剔又烦人 |
[28:33] | – but they are there for a reason– – fine! | – 但是他们是有道理的 – 行了! |
[28:36] | take it to path. | 把它拿走吧 |
[28:38] | thank you. i think you’ll find— | 谢谢你 我认为你会找到… |
[28:39] | it’s not gonna be you, april. | 轮不到你的 April |
[28:41] | i don’t care how many boxes you check, | 不管你翻了多少档案 |
[28:42] | you’re not gonna be chief resident. | 你不会成为总住院医师 |
[28:44] | – 3-0 vicryl. – here you go. | – 3-0号线 – 给你 |
[29:03] | i, uh… | 我 呃… |
[29:04] | gave lebo platelets, | 给Lebo输了血小板 |
[29:06] | and the baby is, uh, stable– | 婴儿体征平稳 |
[29:07] | a little smushed, but stable. | 有点小 但是稳定 |
[29:09] | it’s hard to believe he spent the last eight months sleeping on a colon. | 很难相信他八个月来都睡在一堆结肠上 |
[29:12] | nice work. | 做的很好 |
[29:15] | so you gonna do it– | 所以你打算要那份工作 |
[29:17] | africa? | 非洲的吗 |
[29:19] | honestly, i’m not sure. | 说实话 我还没确定 |
[29:21] | it’s a big decision to make in a day. | 在一天之内做这么大的决定很难啊 |
[29:26] | are you in love with lucy fields? | 你爱上Lucy Fields了吗 |
[29:29] | lucy and i, | Lucy和我 |
[29:30] | it’s new. | 才刚刚开始 |
[29:33] | why? | 为什么问这个 |
[29:34] | because i don’t want the person that i recommend | 因为我不想让我推荐去的人 |
[29:36] | to pull a me and go running back to the girl they left behind. | 像我一样为了爱人放弃非洲 |
[29:39] | so just… | 所以请你… |
[29:42] | make sure youk now what you’re doing, | 确定你想要做什么 |
[29:44] | or else you’ll have me to answer to. | 不然我要你好看 |
[30:01] | admit it– | 承认吧 |
[30:02] | you saw how good this baby looked on me, | 你羡慕我怀里的宝宝 |
[30:04] | so you had to go get one of your own. | 所以你也得找一个你自己的 |
[30:06] | everything’s a competition with you. | 啥事都要跟你比啊 |
[30:09] | how’d her surgery go? | 她的手术怎么样 |
[30:10] | robbins said she’s fine. she’s feeding again. | Robbins说她很好 她又吃东西了 |
[30:12] | good, because sofia can’t wait to have a new friend. | 好极了 因为Sofia已经等不及要一个新朋友了 |
[30:16] | isn’t that right, sofia? | 是不是啊 Sofia |
[30:18] | you and zola are gonna be best friends. isn’t that right? | 你和Zola会成为最好的朋友 是不是 |
[30:22] | oh, you just wait. this crap will be coming out of your mouth, too. | 哦 你等着 这些废话以后也会从你的嘴里冒出来的 |
[30:26] | well, let’s hope so. | 好啊 希望如此吧 |
[30:28] | we’re dealing with the international adoption treaties, | 我们正在处理国际收养条约 |
[30:32] | and the waiver we need, they just don’t… | 我们需要的弃权书 他们… |
[30:35] | – usually give those things out. – well, you’re… | – 通常不太给名额出来 – 是啊 你们两个… |
[30:38] | both surgeons, you’d make good parents. | 都是外科医生 你们会成为好父母的 |
[30:40] | they’re gonna see that. | 他们会考虑那点的 |
[30:42] | we’d be naive get ahead of ourselves. | 这事儿不能太乐观 |
[30:44] | you’re derek shepherd. | 你可是Derek Shepherd啊 |
[30:46] | there’s a reason i’ve been jealous of you my whole life, | 我这辈子都在嫉妒你是有原因的 |
[30:48] | and it’s not your hair. | 不过不包括你的发型 |
[30:50] | you’re gonna be okay. | 你会搞定这些的 |
[30:52] | even sofia knows that. | 连Sofia都知道 |
[30:54] | right, sofia? say hi… | 对吧 Sofia 说嗨… |
[30:56] | uncle derek. | Derek叔叔 |
[30:57] | that’s zola’s daddy. yes, he is, right? | 那是Zola的爹�O 是的 他是 对吧 |
[31:02] | i’m gonna go feed her. | 我要去喂她了 |
[31:07] | so i see here that your mother was a surgeon. | 那么我看见这里说你妈妈是位外科医生 |
[31:10] | what was that like? | 她是个怎样的人 |
[31:12] | well, being raised by a surgeon, you definitely… | 这个嘛 被一位外科医生抚养长大 你肯定会… |
[31:16] | get to be very independent. | 变得非常独立 |
[31:18] | um, and– | 呃 但是 |
[31:20] | not that i would raise zola the way that my mother raised me. i,… | 我不会像我妈妈抚养我那样抚养Zola 我… |
[31:27] | she… | 她… |
[31:28] | didn’t bake. | 从不下厨 |
[31:31] | she wasn’t a bake sale mom, | 她不是个会做糕点的妈妈 |
[31:35] | and i… plan on baking all the time. | 但是我 打算始终自己下厨 |
[31:38] | how about you tell me about zola? | 和我说说Zola的事情吧 |
[31:40] | well, zola had, uh, | 这个 Zola做过 呃 |
[31:42] | already had a shunt and spina bifida surgery, | 已经做过了一个分流和脊柱裂手术 |
[31:46] | and then we realized she had this hernia. | 然后我们发现她患有疝气 |
[31:49] | and today in her surgery, it looked like she might go into s.v.t. | 在她今天的手术中 看起来她可能要室上性心动过速了 |
[31:53] | and just as the anesthesiologist was about to push the adenosine, | 但就在麻醉师要推入腺苷的时候 |
[31:58] | it’s like she knew to stop, | 就像她知道应该停下来一样 |
[32:00] | and her heart just slowed down all by itself, | 她的心跳自己就放缓了 |
[32:03] | and she went into sinus. | 然后就进入窦性心律了 |
[32:07] | i-i’m sorry. that’s not what you asked me, right? | 我 我很抱歉 你想问的不是这些 是吧 |
[32:10] | i… | 我… |
[32:12] | you want me to talk abou thow cute and sweet she is, | 你想让我谈谈她有多可爱和甜美 |
[32:14] | and she is very cute and sweet, | 她非常可爱非常甜美 |
[32:17] | and i… | 我… |
[32:19] | she–i’m not doing very well, am i? | 她 我表现的不怎么好 是吧 |
[32:23] | i don’t have an agenda here, dr. grey. | 咱们不必着急 Grey医生 |
[32:24] | i’m just trying to get asense of who you are. | 我就是过来了解一下您 |
[32:29] | i’m a surgeon. | 我是个外科医生 |
[32:32] | and, uh, i’m a good surgeon. | 而且 呃 我是个出色的外科医生 |
[32:35] | and i want to be a good mother. | 而且我也想做个好母亲 |
[32:37] | honestly, i don’t know much about it. | 诚实地说 我并不太知道要怎么做 |
[32:41] | but i am ready to learn, | 但是我已经准备好去学习了 |
[32:43] | and i’m a fast learner. | 而且我学的很快 |
[32:46] | and i will do whatever it takes to be a good mom. | 而且我会尽我所能做个好妈妈 |
[32:53] | you know what good moms do? | 你知道一个好妈妈是怎么做的吗 |
[32:55] | they brag about their babies, | 她们夸奖自己的孩子 |
[32:57] | and that’s what i heard today. | 而这就是我今天所听到的 |
[32:59] | as it turns out, zola’s day didn’t involve playgroup | 根据目前的情况 Zola的日子不会在幼儿游戏组 |
[33:02] | or baby gym class. | 或者婴儿体育课里度过 |
[33:04] | it involved surgery, | 她会与手术为伴 |
[33:06] | and you knew where she was every second. | 而你知道她每秒钟的情况 |
[33:10] | i appreciate you sharing that with me. | 我很感谢你与我分享这些 |
[33:20] | i was showing initiative. | 我在表现出主动性呢 |
[33:22] | that doesn’t mean you get to pretend | 那不意味着你要假装 |
[33:24] | – that you’re an attending! – i wasn’t pretending, | – 自己是主治医师 – 我并不是假装 |
[33:25] | – i just didn’t need an attending. – oh, my god– | – 我根本就不需要 – 哦 天哪 |
[33:28] | teddy is doing a disservice to me | Teddy正在祸害我 |
[33:29] | and to the education that i deserve. | 不让我得到锻炼 |
[33:31] | i had no choice but to take my learning into my own hands. | 我别无选择 只能自己把握学习的机会 |
[33:34] | so i took the initiative and treated a patient | 所以我主动去治疗病人 |
[33:36] | and followed through to a successful outcome. | 并坚持得到了圆满成功 |
[33:38] | if that doesn’t show the qualities of a chief resident, | 如果这还不能显示一个总住院医师的资质 |
[33:41] | – i don’t know what does. – you’re not gonna be the chief resident. | – 那什么才是 – 你不会成为总住院医师的 |
[33:45] | it’s not gonna be you. | 那不会是你 |
[33:46] | i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[33:50] | is this from the– the chief or–or from teddy? | 这是主任说的吗 还是Teddy说的 |
[33:52] | no, it’s from me. | 不 是我说的 |
[33:56] | you r– | 你 |
[33:58] | you know how important this is. | 你知道这有多重要 |
[34:00] | chief resident can make your career. | 总住院医师能成就你的事业 |
[34:01] | you have your pick of fellowships. | 你能挑选最好的资助项目 |
[34:02] | – you never had the qualifications. – based on what? | – 你从来就没有这样的天分 – 凭什么这么说 |
[34:05] | chief resident is more than just a resume boost. | 总住院医师不是光吹嘘履历就行 |
[34:08] | it’s managing schedules, | 他们还要排班 |
[34:10] | overseeing interns, pushing papers, working within the system. | 监督实习生 逼迫大家写报告 要按制度工作 |
[34:13] | that isn’t you. it’s never been you. | 你做不来 你从来不是这样的人 |
[34:14] | you know, i’m– i’m– i’m protesting this. | 我 我 我抗议 |
[34:16] | – you are screwing with my career. – and it will kill you. | – 你这样会毁了我的事业 – 那会毁了你的 |
[34:20] | you’re a surgeon, | 你是一名外科大夫 |
[34:21] | and anything that keeps you from being a surgeon | 任何阻止你成为一名外科大夫的事 |
[34:23] | will hurt you and it will make you crazy. | 都会伤害你 都会使你发疯的 |
[34:25] | we saw it today. | 我们今天就看到了 |
[34:26] | you’re not built for this job. | 你生来就不是做这个工作的 |
[34:29] | you will hate it and you will resent it | 你会厌恶它 |
[34:31] | you will fight against it until you fail. | 你会恨它到和它作对 直至失败 |
[34:33] | so just… | 所以只要… |
[34:35] | just be a surgeon. | 只要做个外科大夫就好了 |
[34:37] | you know, it’s–it’s what you are. | 你知道 这 这就是你的本性 |
[34:39] | just be excellent at what you are. | 只要做你最优秀的事就可以了 |
[34:44] | are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[34:47] | yes. | 是的 |
[34:48] | thank you for your time. | 谢谢你的时间 |
[34:57] | i’m not going to africa. | 我不会去非洲了 |
[35:01] | – right. uh, let me just say this– – no, it’s the right thing. | – 好吧 呃 让我说清楚… – 不 这是正确的决定 |
[35:04] | i-i can finish my residency, | 我 我能等我的住院实习期结束 |
[35:06] | and then maybe we can both go to africa. | 然后也许我们能一块儿去非洲 |
[35:09] | alex, i just– | Alex 我刚刚… |
[35:10] | – just listen to me– – you were right this morning. | – 听我说… – 你今天早上是对的 |
[35:12] | you said there were other factors to consider, | 你说有其他的因素要考虑 |
[35:14] | and you are a factor. | 而你就是那个因素 |
[35:17] | i’m sorry i didn’t say that sooner. | 我很抱歉我没有早点说出来 |
[35:19] | when robbins said they were looking for someone single, | 当Robbins说他们在找一个单身的人的时候 |
[35:22] | i mean, that’s how i think of myself | 我是说 我这样只考虑自己的原因是 |
[35:23] | because whenever i think of a future with someone, | 每当我想要与他人共度未来 |
[35:26] | i always get kicked in the teeth, | 我总会被伤的很重 |
[35:27] | so i stopped even looking, but… | 所以我索性连找都不去找了 但是… |
[35:30] | – now with you– – alex, stop. | – 现在和你… – Alex 别说了 |
[35:32] | okay, just stop. | 好吗 别说了 |
[35:35] | you were right this morning. | 你今天早上是对的 |
[35:38] | career comes first. it’s how it should be. | 事业第一 该怎样就怎样 |
[35:41] | and so i… | 于是我… |
[35:43] | i took the job. | 我接受了那份工作 |
[35:44] | so call ’em. call baylor. | 那给他们打电话 给贝勒打电话 |
[35:46] | at namboze. | 是Namboze |
[35:48] | i took the job at namboze clinic. | 我接受了Namboze诊所的那份工作 |
[35:52] | you what? | 你什么? |
[35:54] | my job? you took my job? | 我的工作? 你抢了我的工作? |
[35:57] | like you said, it’s not personal. | 你也说了 不要影响到私人感情 |
[36:00] | sometimes, you have to be a shark. | 有时候 你得成为鲨鱼 |
[36:23] | the job in africa? | 在非洲的工作 |
[36:25] | the bitch stole it out from under me. | 那贱人背着我偷走了 |
[36:27] | – who? – lucy. | – 谁 |
[36:28] | i told her i’d stay. | 我告诉她我要留下 |
[36:30] | you open yourself up to someone for one freakin’ second.. | 好不容易对别人敞开心怀 |
[36:33] | mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[36:34] | calahan, i’ll take a double whiskey. | Calahan 来双份儿威士忌 |
[36:37] | i freakin’ better get chief resident. | 我他妈的最好去竞争总住院医师 |
[36:39] | here you go. | 给你 |
[36:40] | scotch, please. | 苏格兰威士忌 谢谢 |
[36:45] | here you go. | 给你 |
[36:48] | you know, the rules are there for a reason. | 你知道 规章的制定是有原因的 |
[36:50] | oh, boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[36:51] | i killed a woman when i first started here. | 我刚来这儿的时候医死了一个女人 |
[36:54] | i got fired for it… | 我因此被解雇了 |
[36:55] | because i missed a little step– | 因为我漏了一个小步骤 |
[36:58] | one simple step. | 一个简单的步骤 |
[37:02] | we follow the protocols, we don’t skip steps, people live– | 我们遵守规则 我们不跳过步骤 人们就能活着 |
[37:05] | simple as that. | 就那么简单 |
[37:06] | you know, you’re right. | 你知道吗 你是对的 |
[37:08] | i probably won’t be chief resident, | 我可能当不了总住院医师 |
[37:11] | but the checklists work. | 但是清单是管用的 |
[37:13] | you can’t tell me they don’t. | 你不能说它们不管用 |
[37:24] | dropping out of the chief’s trial is a real bonehead move, avery. | 退出主任的临床试验真是个笨蛋的决定 Avery |
[37:27] | – sir– – such a bonehead move, that i started thinking, | – 先生 – 这么笨的一个决定 我就开始思索了 |
[37:30] | maybe the chief’s trial is flawed. | 也许主任的试验是有缺陷的 |
[37:33] | so i looked into it myself. | 所以我亲自调查了一遍 |
[37:35] | the methodology is flawless. | 方法是完美无瑕的 |
[37:37] | in fact, it’s the kind of stuff that, | 事实上 这样的东西 |
[37:40] | wins awards– | 是能够夺奖的 |
[37:41] | big awards, | 夺得大奖 |
[37:42] | like the harper avery. | 就像Harper Avery奖 |
[37:48] | you dropped out of the chief’s trial | 你退出主任的实验 |
[37:49] | ’cause you knew that if your name was on it, | 是因为你知道如果你的名字列在其中 |
[37:52] | it would ruin the chief’s chances. | 就会毁了主任的机会 |
[37:55] | i respect that you don’t want to succeed on your name, | 我尊重你不想凭借自己的家庭背景成功 |
[38:00] | but don’t you ever let it hold you back. | 但是你也不该让它成为你的绊脚石 |
[38:10] | there you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[38:11] | hey. everything okay? | 嘿 一切都好吗 |
[38:13] | completely. i wanted you to be the first to hear just how okay everything is. | 完美无瑕 我想让你成为第一个听到一切都有多么好的人 |
[38:18] | – i got my old job back. – you’re kidding. | – 我得回了我原来的工作 – 你在开玩笑吧 |
[38:19] | mnh-mnh. i told ’em about webber’s trial | 嗯 嗯 我告诉了他们关于Webber的实验 |
[38:21] | and that i’m getting a new pancreas. | 还有我得到了一个新胰脏 |
[38:22] | i’ve never used a pancreas as a selling point in a job interview before… | 我以前工作面试的时候从没拿胰腺当做卖点… |
[38:26] | but it–it did the trick, | 但是这个 这招很有效 |
[38:27] | which means that i’m gonna have my own insurance in a couple of months. | 也就是说我在几个月内就要有我自己的保险了 |
[38:30] | that’s really good news. | 那真是个好消息 |
[38:32] | i’m glad you think so, because i’ve been– | 我很高兴你这么想 因为我一直在 |
[38:34] | i’ve been thinking about us and our situation | 我一直在考虑我们之间的事 |
[38:35] | and where we go from here, | 还有我们该何去何从 |
[38:37] | – and i wanted to ask you– – teddy. | – 所以我想问你 |
[38:40] | uh, y-yeah.i-i will be right there, andrew. | 哦 好 好的 我这就来 Andrew |
[38:45] | lunch and dinner– | 午饭加晚饭 |
[38:47] | man’s getting serious. | 那家伙认真了 |
[38:48] | well, dinner is to celebrate what we decided at lunch. | 这个 晚饭是为了庆祝我俩的决定 |
[38:54] | i’m going to germany with him. | 我要跟他去德国了 |
[39:01] | uh, well, that’s… | 噢 这个 那是… |
[39:03] | that’s really good news, too. | 那真也是个好消息 |
[39:05] | it is. | 是啊 |
[39:09] | right? | 是吗 |
[39:11] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:13] | because like i said, i’m gonna be fine. | 我说啦 我会没事的 |
[39:19] | which brings me back to the question | 这让我想起那个问题了 |
[39:22] | – that i wanted to ask you. – what’s that? | – 我想问问你 – 什么问题 |
[39:27] | may i please have a divorce? | 我们离婚吧 |
[39:34] | yeah. i-i guess. um… | 哦 是啊 我 我猜 呃… |
[39:37] | sure. | 当然 |
[39:38] | i mean… | 我是说… |
[39:41] | you don’t need me anymore, right? | 你不再需要我了 是吗 |
[39:44] | right. | 是的 |
[39:48] | i gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[39:51] | – yeah. – yeah. okay. | – 是啊 – 是啊 那好 |
[39:57] | adapt or die. | 适者生存 |
[40:00] | as many times as we’ve heard it, | 尽管我们已经听过许多遍 |
[40:02] | the lesson doesn’t get easier. | 却难以付诸于行动 |
[40:04] | – look who’s here. – there you are. | – 看看是谁来了 – 给你 |
[40:07] | i fed her, i changed her diaper. | 我喂了她 给她换了尿布 |
[40:09] | prettiest poop you ever saw. | 下午没少拉呢 |
[40:10] | – oh, really? – hi, baby girl. | – 哦 真的吗 – 嗨 小姑娘 |
[40:13] | i missed you. | 我想死你了 |
[40:15] | yes, mommy got to be a surgeon again today. | 是的 妈妈今天回去当外科大夫了 |
[40:17] | i got to fix two dislocated shoulders | 我修复了两个脱臼的肩膀 |
[40:19] | and save a leg from amputation… | 还把一条腿从截肢中拯救出来… |
[40:22] | – and a fractured… – problem is… | – 还有一个断裂的… – 问题是… |
[40:24] | – yes. – we’re human. | – 是啊 – 我们是人 |
[40:27] | we want more than just to survive. | 我们希望的不仅仅是活着 |
[40:30] | you staring at sloan again? | 你又在盯着Sloan看了吗 |
[40:33] | the–the baby. did you see her? | 哦 是 是宝宝 你见过她了吗 |
[40:36] | how–how did the interview go? | 面试怎么样 |
[40:38] | i’m out. | 我退出了 |
[40:39] | what? what happened? | 什么 出什么问题了 |
[40:40] | it’s a long story. it’s fine. | 说来话长 没事的 |
[40:42] | seriously. i’m okay with it. | 真的 我没什么事 |
[40:45] | i have you. | 我有你嘛 |
[40:47] | what else do i need? | 还奢望别的什么呢 |
[40:54] | we want love. | 我们渴望被爱 |
[41:04] | hey. | 嘿 |
[41:07] | hi. | 嗨 |
[41:10] | hi, zola. | 嗨 Zola |
[41:14] | i’m meredith. | 我是Meredith |
[41:17] | i’m hoping to be your mama. | 我希望能做你的妈妈 |
[41:24] | we want success. | 我们想要成功 |
[41:26] | you know it’s gonna be mer, right? | 你知道会是Mer 对不对 |
[41:30] | it doesn’t mean that you’re a bad surgeon or a bad doctor. | 并不是说你不是个好外科医生 |
[41:33] | some people just… | 有些人就是… |
[41:35] | don’t fit the bill. | 不是那块料 |
[41:36] | they’re better at other things… | 他们在其他方面做的好… |
[41:39] | like you and those kids. i mean, you’re good at that. | 就像你和那些小孩 我是说 你很擅长那个 |
[41:41] | but between you and mer– | 但是在你和Mer之间 |
[41:44] | she’s organized, people like her, people trust her. | 她更能组织 人们喜欢她 信任她 |
[41:48] | she’s natural. | 她是天生的 |
[41:50] | people trust her. | 人们信任她啊 |
[41:51] | i’m just saying, | 我是说 |
[41:53] | go steal your job back. i mean, go to africa. | 去把你的工作偷回来 我的意思是 去非洲 |
[41:56] | that what you’re good at. | 那才是你擅长的 |
[41:57] | go do what you’re good at. | 去做你擅长做的事儿 |
[41:59] | we want to be the best that we can be. | 我们想达到我们的巅峰 |
[42:02] | okay, i know you’re mad, | 好吧 我知道你快疯了 |
[42:03] | but you can’t just sit here and drink all night, | 但你不能就坐这儿喝一整夜 |
[42:05] | so i’m gonna take you home and– | 所以我要把你带回家去 然后 |
[42:10] | i–okay, i was not expecting that. | – 好的 – 我没敢奢望得到这个 |
[42:12] | you told me to be excellent, | 你告诉我做优秀的 |
[42:15] | so i’m gonna be. | 所以我要那么做 |
[42:17] | i’m gonna be an excellent surgeon | 我要成为一位优秀的外科大夫 |
[42:19] | and i’m gonna be excellent in bed tonight. | 而且今晚我要在床上也做最优秀的 |
[42:25] | so we fight like hell to get those things. | 所以我们不惜一切 |
[42:30] | you all right, karev? | 你没事吧 Karev |
[42:32] | meredith messed with the alzheimer’s trial. | Meredith在阿茨海默氏症的试验里动了手脚 |
[42:37] | anything else feels… | 而其他的一切… |
[42:39] | Join our FRS and have fun! QQ Group No. 37304379 | |
[42:41] | like death. | 都不再重要 |