英文名称:Jerry and Marge Go Large
年代:2022
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | These are my friends, Jerry and Marge Selbee. | 这是我的朋友杰瑞和玛姬·塞尔比。 |
[00:42] | They live in Evart, Michigan. | 他们住在密歇根州的埃瓦特。 |
[00:46] | It’s a small town that’s not exactly in its prime. | 这是一个并不完全处于鼎盛时期的小镇。 |
[00:50] | Though, to be honest, neither are Jerry and Marge. | 不过,老实说,杰瑞和玛吉也不是。 |
[00:55] | Today, they’re on their way to buy lottery tickets. | 今天,他们在去买彩票的路上。 |
[00:58] | Lots and lots of lottery tickets. | 很多很多彩票。 |
[01:03] | But they’re not hoping to get lucky. | 但他们不希望运气好。 |
[01:05] | You see, they don’t need luck. | 你看,他们不需要运气。 |
[01:17] | But this story doesn’t start there. | 但这个故事并不是从那里开始的。 |
[01:20] | It starts with Jerry, | 从Jerry开始, |
[01:22] | getting up before dawn just like he has every day for 42 years, | 黎明前起床就像他42年来每天一样, |
[01:27] | going to work at the Corn Flakes factory, | 去玉米片厂工作, |
[01:29] | for what he fears will be the last time. | 因为他担心的将是最后一次。 |
[01:33] | It’s a math problem, really. | 这是一道数学题,真的。 |
[01:35] | If you count the letters, uh, | 如果你数一数这些字母, |
[01:38] | except the letter “I,” which they skip | 除了他们跳过的字母“I” |
[01:40] | because it looks like a “1”, | 因为它看起来像“1”, |
[01:42] | then you realize that “J” is February. | 然后你意识到“J”是二月。 |
[01:46] | And then, the last letter… | 然后,最后一个字母。。。 |
[01:48] | Oh, boy. | 哦,孩子。 |
[01:50] | That designates the plant code, | 指定工厂代码, |
[01:52] | which was not easy to figure out, but, uh… | 这不容易弄清楚,但是,呃。。。 |
[01:56] | I did. | 我做到了。 |
[01:59] | Jerry, | 杰瑞, |
[02:01] | you don’t have to work so hard. You’re retiring. | 你不必那么努力工作。你要退休了。 |
[02:05] | Well, yeah. But… I… | 嗯,是的。但是我 |
[02:06] | I don’t have to be. Um… | 我不必这样。嗯。。。 |
[02:09] | I know my line is shutting down, but… | 我知道我的电话正在关机,但是。。。 |
[02:12] | You know, I have a thing with numbers. | 你知道,我喜欢数字。 |
[02:14] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[02:16] | You’ve served your time. These are your golden years. | 你已经服完刑了。这是你的黄金岁月。 |
[02:19] | He’s the best line manager we ever had, right? | 他是我们有过的最好的直线经理,对吗? |
[02:22] | Absolutely. | 绝对地 |
[02:24] | Hey. Why don’t you tell these guys | 嘿你为什么不告诉这些人 |
[02:26] | how you started working here in high school? | 你高中时是怎么开始在这里工作的? |
[02:29] | You worked nights, right? | 你晚上工作,对吧? |
[02:46] | – To Jerry. – All right. | -致Jerry。-好吧 |
[02:48] | Not everybody can pull off 42 years | 不是每个人都能活42年 |
[02:50] | without getting fired. | 不会被解雇。 |
[02:52] | And now you have a boss who’s going to let you sleep in. | 现在你有了一个老板,他会让你睡懒觉。 |
[02:55] | And won’t yell at me. | 也不会对我大喊大叫。 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1242个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:173个,六级词汇:85个,GRE词汇:90个,托福词汇:127个,考研词汇:200个,专四词汇:159个,专八词汇:28个, 所有生词标注共:333个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:57] | Wrong about that. Oh. | 这是错误的。哦 |
[03:00] | You know, you should get your real estate license, | 你应该拿到房地产许可证, |
[03:02] | just like Howard did. | 就像霍华德那样。 |
[03:04] | It’s like having a job. | 这就像有一份工作。 |
[03:05] | But it’s also like being retired, | 但这也就像退休一样, |
[03:07] | because you don’t do anything. | 因为你什么都不做。 |
[03:08] | It’s true. | 这是真的。 |
[03:10] | Most days, I don’t even leave the house. | 大多数时候,我甚至不出门。 |
[03:12] | Well… | 好 |
[03:14] | You know, I’ll make it work. | 你知道,我会成功的。 |
[03:15] | You know, I can always help Marge around the house. | 你知道,我总是可以帮玛吉做家务。 |
[03:18] | No, you don’t need to do that. | 不,你不需要那样做。 |
[03:20] | No, I’d be happy to. | 不,我很乐意。 |
[03:21] | I mean, you’ve been taking care of this place for years. | 我是说,你已经照顾这个地方很多年了。 |
[03:24] | I kind of have a system. | 我有一个系统。 |
[03:25] | Oh, yeah, and a good one. | 哦,是的,很好。 |
[03:26] | But, you know, every system can use an improvement. | 但是,你知道,每个系统都可以进行改进。 |
[03:29] | Oh, God. Here we go. | 哦,天哪。我们开始吧。 |
[03:31] | Hey. I got an idea. Yeah? | 嘿我有个主意。是 啊 |
[03:32] | Why don’t I try consulting on some of your job sites? | 为什么我不试着在你的一些工作网站上咨询一下呢? |
[03:35] | You know, find ways of making things run better. Ah. | 你知道,想办法让事情变得更好。啊。 |
[03:38] | You wanna walk around on my construction site | 你想在我的工地上走走吗 |
[03:40] | and tell me what I’m doing wrong? Oof. | 告诉我我做错了什么?噢。 |
[03:42] | I wouldn’t charge much. | 我不会收太多钱。 |
[03:44] | Oh, and I have to pay you for this? | 哦,我得付钱给你? |
[03:45] | Darn right. Are you going to also come by | 该死的对。你也要过来吗 |
[03:46] | and teach my wife how to grade papers? | 教我妻子如何评分? |
[03:49] | Hey, Dad, if I lived here, I would welcome that. | 嘿,爸爸,如果我住在这里,我会欢迎的。 |
[03:51] | Thank you, Dawn. | 谢谢你,道恩。 |
[03:53] | I’m gonna take you up on that. | 我会接受你的。 |
[03:54] | I’m gonna drive down to Grand Rapids more often. | 我要经常开车去大急流城。 |
[03:57] | Oh, whoops. | 哦,哎哟。 |
[03:58] | You sold it too well. | 你卖的太好了。 |
[03:59] | Shut up. Backfired right in your face. | 闭嘴。就在你面前发生了事与愿违的事。 |
[04:00] | Yeah, sweetie? Okay. | 是吗,亲爱的?可以 |
[04:01] | Can we show Pop Pop? | 我们能展示流行音乐吗? |
[04:03] | Uh, yeah, you wanna show Pop Pop right now? | 嗯,是的,你想现在就给我看流行音乐吗? |
[04:05] | Show me what? | 给我看什么? |
[04:07] | We got you a retirement present. Surprise. | 我们给你买了一份退休礼物。惊喜 |
[04:09] | Okay. | 可以 |
[04:11] | Open your eyes. Open. | 睁开你的眼睛。打开 |
[04:13] | Holy cow! | 天哪! |
[04:16] | A fishing boat. What… | 渔船。什么 |
[04:19] | Do I like fishing? I do? Okay. Yeah, you took me once. | 我喜欢钓鱼吗?我愿意?可以是的,你带过我一次。 |
[04:22] | Yeah, now you can go whenever you want. | 是的,现在你想去哪里就去哪里。 |
[04:24] | Yeah, how about that? | 是的,怎么样? |
[04:26] | This is great. Thank you. | 这太棒了。非常感谢。 |
[04:28] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. Oh, good. | 谢谢,谢谢,谢谢。哦,很好。 |
[04:31] | Oh. Dad likes it. | 哦爸爸喜欢。 |
[04:32] | And you, for keeping a secret. | 还有你,为了保守秘密。 |
[04:36] | Thank you, pumpkin. | 谢谢你,南瓜。 |
[04:37] | Thank you, Doug. You like it? | 谢谢你,道格。你喜欢吗? |
[04:38] | – Yeah. – All right. | -是的。-好吧 |
[04:40] | My goodness. | 天哪 |
[04:41] | My goodness. Good job. You didn’t spoil it. | 天哪干得好你没有破坏它。 |
[04:44] | That was your one job. You did so good. You okay? | 那是你唯一的工作。你做得很好。你没事吧? |
[04:47] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. | 哦,是的。是 啊 |
[04:54] | I don’t have many regular clothes. | 我没有很多普通的衣服。 |
[04:57] | It’s all work shirts. | 都是工作服。 |
[04:59] | Well, we can get you more clothes. | 好吧,我们可以给你买更多的衣服。 |
[05:00] | Hmm. | 隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[05:04] | It’ll be an adjustment. | 这将是一种调整。 |
[05:06] | You’ll find your way. | 你会找到你的路的。 |
[05:07] | Hmm. | 隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[05:09] | Have you? | 有你? |
[05:10] | Not really. But I don’t have a boat. | 不是真的。但我没有船。 |
[05:15] | You want this one? | 你想要这个? |
[05:17] | Nope. | 不。 |
[05:52] | Morning, Leon. Morning, Jerry. | 早上好Leon。早上好,杰瑞。 |
[06:01] | Card was declined, Helen. I’m sorry. | 海伦,信用卡被拒绝了。我很抱歉。 |
[06:04] | Dang it. Maybe I have cash. Let me just… | 该死的。也许我有现金。让我只是。。。 |
[06:11] | I know you’re good for it. | 我知道你很擅长。 |
[06:13] | Thanks, Leon. | 谢谢你,里昂。 |
[06:27] | What are you doing out here? | 你在外面干什么? |
[06:29] | 0 | 00. |
[06:30] | No, you said 00. | 不,你说的是00。 |
[06:32] | I don’t have any other appointments. I have six clients. | 我没有其他约会。我有六个客户。 |
[06:34] | Okay. | 可以 |
[06:35] | How do you make a living with only six clients? | 只有六个客户你怎么谋生? |
[06:38] | I don’t. I just became an online travel agent. See the posters? | 我没有。我刚成为一名在线旅行社。看到海报了吗? |
[06:42] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,是的。 |
[06:45] | So, why do you need posters if it’s online? | 那么,如果是在线的,你为什么需要海报呢? |
[06:49] | Because they were free. | 因为他们是自由的。 |
[06:51] | Why do you always have to understand the reasoning behind everything? | 为什么你总是要理解一切背后的道理? |
[06:54] | Oh, well. | 哦,好吧。 |
[06:55] | It’s the only way I can make sense of things. | 这是我理解事物的唯一方式。 |
[06:59] | How’s the boat? | 船怎么样了? |
[07:01] | Water’s still too cold. | 水还是太冷了。 |
[07:02] | You don’t get in the water. That’s the point of the boat. | 你不能下水。这就是船的意义所在。 |
[07:06] | Hmm. How’s my account? | 嗯,我的账户怎么样? |
[07:08] | Speaking of cold… | 说到寒冷。。。 |
[07:11] | 2% gains, | 2%收益, |
[07:13] | which doesn’t sound like much, because it isn’t. | 这听起来不太像,因为它不是。 |
[07:16] | Look, you gotta be more aggressive. | 听着,你要更有侵略性。 |
[07:17] | If you let me put that in stocks, I could probably get you 10%. | 如果你让我把它投进股票,我可能会给你10%。 |
[07:21] | That would double your money in only… | 那只会让你的钱翻一番。。。 |
[07:24] | 7.27 years. | 7.27年。 |
[07:28] | Literally the only time I was going to get to use that today. | 实际上,这是我今天唯一一次使用它。 |
[07:30] | Nope. | 不。 |
[07:32] | This is all we’ve got. | 我们只有这些了。 |
[07:33] | And I’m not about to gamble with it. | 我不会拿它来赌博。 |
[07:35] | It’s not gambling. It seems like a risk, but the market… | 这不是赌博。这似乎是一种风险,但市场。。。 |
[07:38] | Yeah, well, if you could lose it, it’s gambling. | 是啊,如果你输了,那就是赌博。 |
[07:42] | I’ll call you in a month for my next appointment. | 一个月后我会打电话给你,准备下次约会。 |
[07:43] | Don’t need an appointment. Okay. | 不需要预约。可以 |
[07:46] | Take out the boat. | 把船拿出来。 |
[07:48] | I may just do that. | 我可以这么做。 |
[08:19] | Oh! | 哦 |
[08:23] | No. | 不 |
[08:34] | Holy cow! | 天哪! |
[08:45] | Hey, Jer. | 嘿Jer。 |
[08:50] | – What’s a roll down? – It’s when the jackpot hits two million | -什么是滚降当头奖达到200万的时候 |
[08:53] | and nobody gets six numbers. | 没有人能得到六个数字。 |
[08:54] | Then the whole jackpot rolls down | 然后整个头奖滚了下来 |
[08:56] | to the people who got three or four… | 给那些有三个或四个。。。 |
[08:58] | Whatever. | 无论什么 |
[09:00] | Just better odds. | 只是可能性更大。 |
[09:01] | Good luck. Yeah. Thanks. | 祝你好运是 啊谢谢 |
[09:04] | Better odds. | 可能性更大。 |
[09:57] | Can that be right? | 这是对的吗? |
[10:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:10] | It’s not gambling. | 这不是赌博。 |
[10:12] | The lottery? Yup. There’s a way to win every time. | 彩票?是的。每次都有办法赢。 |
[10:16] | Are you having a stroke? | 你中风了吗? |
[10:17] | There’s a loophole | 有个漏洞 |
[10:18] | they didn’t see, and it’s right here in the math. | 他们没有看到,这就在数学中。 |
[10:20] | Now, on a typical drawing, | 现在,在一张典型的图纸上, |
[10:22] | you’d have a one in 54 chance of hitting three out of six numbers, | 你有54分之一的机会打出六个数字中的三个, |
[10:26] | and a one in 1,500 chance of hitting four. | 1500分之一的几率命中4个。 |
[10:30] | Odds are you’ll lose every time. | 你很可能每次都会输。 |
[10:31] | Not every time. | 不是每次。 |
[10:33] | I won a free ticket last week, which lost. | 上周我赢了一张免费票,但输了。 |
[10:35] | But on the roll down weeks, | 但在滚动周, |
[10:37] | the payouts to the lower numbers | 对较低数字的支付 |
[10:39] | increases above the amount that you would pay to play. | 超过您将支付的玩游戏的金额。 |
[10:43] | So, the math is in your favor. | 所以,数学对你有利。 |
[10:47] | And they missed it. | 他们错过了。 |
[10:48] | I don’t know what this says. | 我不知道这是怎么说的。 |
[10:50] | Looks like the numbers a crazy man drew on his cell wall. | 看起来像是一个疯子在牢房墙上画的数字。 |
[10:53] | It means that on the roll down weeks, | 这意味着在降级周, |
[10:54] | you’re guaranteed to win. | 你一定会赢。 |
[10:56] | That can’t be true. | 那不可能是真的。 |
[10:58] | Why not? Because it’s the lottery, Jerry. | 为什么不呢?因为这是彩票,杰瑞。 |
[11:01] | There’s a building of people in Detroit | 底特律有一栋大楼 |
[11:03] | whose job it is to know how the numbers work. And they do. | 他们的工作是了解数字是如何工作的。他们确实如此。 |
[11:07] | I cannot believe you are my accountant. | 我不敢相信你是我的会计。 |
[11:11] | Part-time accountant. | 兼职会计。 |
[11:12] | Full-time online travel agent. | 全职在线旅行社。 |
[11:23] | Hey, Mindy. | 嘿Mindy。 |
[11:24] | Hey, Jerry. Making a deposit? | 嘿Jerry。存款? |
[11:26] | Uh, no… I… | 呃,不。。。我 |
[11:29] | I’d like to withdraw $2,000. | 我想提取2000美元。 |
[11:33] | Yep. | 是的。 |
[11:36] | So, how are your feet? | 那么,你的脚怎么样了? |
[11:38] | Been better. | 更好了。 |
[11:39] | Rolling the tennis ball helped, | 滚动网球有助于, |
[11:41] | until my manager tripped on it and threw it into the street. | 直到我的经理被它绊倒,扔到街上。 |
[11:43] | I can bring you another one. | 我可以再给你拿一个。 |
[11:45] | They come in threes. Thanks. | 他们三人一组。谢谢 |
[11:51] | Oh, thank you. | 哦,谢谢你。 |
[11:53] | I’ll be back in a couple of days with a deposit. | 几天后我会带着押金回来。 |
[11:55] | Okay. | 可以 |
[11:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[12:00] | Probably be 20% more than this. | 可能比这个多20%。 |
[12:03] | Give or take. | 给予或索取。 |
[12:04] | See you then. Okay. | 到时候见。可以 |
[12:32] | Thank you. | 非常感谢。 |
[12:33] | Okay. Have a good day. | 可以祝您今天过得愉快。 |
[12:41] | Two thousand WinFall tickets. | 两千张WinFall门票。 |
[12:44] | Two thousand? | 两千? |
[12:46] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的,女士。 |
[12:55] | Good evening, folks, and welcome to this week’s WinFall lottery roll down. | 各位晚上好,欢迎参加本周的WinFall彩票发行。 |
[12:59] | Grab your tickets, have a seat and let’s get right to it. | 拿好你的票,坐下,我们开始吧。 |
[13:03] | The first lucky number is six. | 第一个幸运数字是六。 |
[13:06] | The second number… | 第二个数字。。。 |
[13:10] | Twenty-three. | 二十三。 |
[13:13] | You okay? Oh, yeah. Never better. | 你没事吧?哦,是的。再好不过了。 |
[13:17] | Forty-three. So, how’d it go with the boat? | 43岁。那么,船怎么样了? |
[13:19] | Oh, uh… | 哦,呃。。。 |
[13:21] | They said they can fix the motor, but it’s not for me. | 他们说他们可以修马达,但这不是给我的。 |
[13:25] | I mean, we’re supposed to be doing stuff together anyway, right? | 我是说,我们应该一起做些事情,对吧? |
[13:28] | Thirty-one. | 三十一。 |
[13:29] | You want to watch a movie?The next winning number is… | 你想看电影吗?下一个中奖号码是。。。 |
[13:31] | Oh… No, I didn’t mean right now. Ten. | 哦不,我不是说现在。十 |
[13:36] | Well, so, when? Well, I don’t know. | 那么,什么时候?嗯,我不知道。 |
[13:39] | I’m watching a program. | 我正在看一个节目。 |
[13:41] | You’re watching this? | 你在看这个? |
[13:42] | No. | 不 |
[13:57] | Forty-three, 31, 10, and 32. | 四十三、三十一、十和三十二岁。 |
[14:01] | And we hope you’re a winner. | 我们希望你是赢家。 |
[14:04] | One… | 一 |
[14:07] | That’s one’s four. | 那是四分之一。 |
[14:10] | Twenty-one, 28. | 二十一,二十八。 |
[14:13] | Sixteen. | 十六 |
[14:27] | Problem is, nobody knows about this town. | 问题是,没有人知道这个城镇。 |
[14:29] | Evart should start selling houses for a dollar, like they do in Tuscany. | 埃瓦特应该开始以一美元的价格出售房屋,就像在托斯卡纳一样。 |
[14:33] | Lure people here. | 在这里吸引人。 |
[14:35] | We can live in Tuscany for a dollar? | 我们可以花一美元住在托斯卡纳? |
[14:37] | Well, a Euro. | 嗯,一欧元。 |
[14:38] | That’s a dollar. | 那是一美元。 |
[14:39] | No, a little more than that. | 不,比这多一点。 |
[14:41] | Jerry, how much is a Euro? | 杰瑞,一欧元多少钱? |
[14:47] | Jerry. | 杰瑞。 |
[14:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:51] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[14:53] | Mmm. | 嗯。 |
[14:56] | Full house. | 座无虚席。 |
[14:57] | We’re playing gin. | 我们在玩杜松子酒。 |
[14:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:07] | – Thank you so much. – All right. Well, goodnight. | -非常感谢你。-好吧嗯,晚安。 |
[15:10] | – Goodnight. – Take care. | -晚安。-当心。 |
[15:11] | Have a good walk home. Okay. | 好好走回家。可以 |
[15:14] | Gin, or poker, or cribbage, | 杜松子酒、扑克或克里贝奇, |
[15:16] | I get confused by them all. You don’t care. You don’t care. | 我被他们弄糊涂了。你不在乎。你不在乎。 |
[15:18] | Scrabble. Scrabble next. | 乱摸。下一步拼字。 |
[15:20] | All right, night. | 好吧,晚安。 |
[15:23] | You’re going to have to tell me what’s going on. | 你得告诉我发生了什么事。 |
[15:25] | I’m too old to wait it out. | 我太老了,等不及了。 |
[15:30] | Oh… | 哦 |
[15:33] | I missed my chance. | 我错过了机会。 |
[15:37] | I did everything I was supposed to do. | 我做了我应该做的一切。 |
[15:40] | Everything I had to do. | 我必须做的一切。 |
[15:43] | Now it’s too late to do anything else. | 现在做任何事情都为时已晚。 |
[15:46] | Oh, your life isn’t over. | 哦,你的生活还没有结束。 |
[15:54] | Everybody seems to think it is. | 每个人似乎都这么认为。 |
[15:56] | Well… | 好 |
[16:00] | Heck, I can do anything. | 见鬼,我什么都能做。 |
[16:02] | I’d still be at the factory if they didn’t cut my line. | 如果他们不切断我的生产线,我还会在工厂。 |
[16:06] | But instead… | 但是相反。。。 |
[16:09] | These are my golden years. | 这是我的黄金岁月。 |
[16:12] | Yeah, just because things didn’t work out the way you wanted, | 是的,只是因为事情没有按你想要的方式发展, |
[16:15] | doesn’t mean they won’t. | 并不意味着他们不会。 |
[16:17] | Good luck happens, same as bad. | 好运会发生,坏事也会发生。 |
[16:25] | What? | 什么 |
[16:27] | Good luck, it happens same as bad? | 祝你好运,这和坏运气一样吗? |
[16:30] | Yeah. It’s just math. Yeah. | 是 啊这只是数学。是 啊 |
[16:33] | What? Oh, man. What a dummy. | 什么哦,老兄。真是个傻瓜。 |
[16:37] | Not you. Me. | 不是你。我 |
[16:38] | You’re a genius. | 你是个天才。 |
[16:43] | Sample size. | 样本量。 |
[16:46] | That is where I went wrong. | 这就是我错的地方。 |
[16:48] | I didn’t calculate the frequency of probability. | 我没有计算概率的频率。 |
[16:52] | It’s just math. | 这只是数学。 |
[16:53] | Oh, I don’t like math. | 哦,我不喜欢数学。 |
[16:55] | Oh. Oh, I’m sorry. | 哦哦,对不起。 |
[16:57] | Here, let me show you… | 来,让我给你看看。。。 |
[17:00] | Here. So, if you take a coin | 在这里如果你拿一枚硬币 |
[17:03] | and you flipped it 1,000 times, | 你把它翻了1000次, |
[17:05] | you might still get 60% heads. | 你可能仍然有60%的人头。 |
[17:08] | But if you flipped it 5,000 times, the probability gets closer to 50%. | 但是如果你把它翻了5000次,概率就会接近50%。 |
[17:15] | The sample has to be large enough to take luck out of the equation. | 样本必须足够大,以便从方程中排除运气。 |
[17:19] | And this is for you. | 这是给你的。 |
[17:23] | Are you depositing a penny? | 你要存一分钱吗? |
[17:25] | No. No. | 不,不。 |
[17:28] | No. Uh… | 不,呃。。。 |
[17:30] | I wanna make a withdrawal. | 我想提款。 |
[17:33] | $4,200. | $4,200. |
[17:37] | Oh, and how much does that leave us with? | 哦,这给我们留下了多少? |
[17:39] | I am checking. | 我正在检查。 |
[17:43] | A little over four. | 四点多一点。 |
[17:45] | Okay. | 可以 |
[17:49] | Make it six, then. | 那就定在六点吧。 |
[17:52] | Six? Mmm-hmm. | 六嗯哼。 |
[18:01] | Eight? | 八 |
[18:05] | Eight? $8,000. | 八个$8,000. |
[18:07] | Are you sure? Hmm. | 你确定吗?隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[18:11] | Ninety-eight. | 九十八。 |
[18:17] | 99 Ninety-nine. | |
[18:20] | Eight thousand. | 8000人。 |
[18:24] | Thank you, Midge. | 谢谢你,米奇。 |
[18:26] | There we go. | 我们开始了。 |
[18:27] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[18:30] | You know, every town has a thing. | 你知道,每个城镇都有自己的特色。 |
[18:32] | We need a thing. | 我们需要一件事。 |
[18:34] | What happened to jazz fest? | 爵士音乐节怎么了? |
[18:36] | Well, we couldn’t keep the stage up to code. | 嗯,我们无法保持舞台符合规范。 |
[18:38] | Oh, one of those clogger girls fell right through. | 哦,其中一个堵塞器女孩摔了一跤。 |
[18:41] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,是的。 |
[18:42] | Jazz fest made money, too. | 爵士音乐节也赚钱了。 |
[18:43] | I mean, not that year, because the girl sued us. Yeah. | 我是说,不是那年,因为那个女孩起诉了我们。是 啊 |
[18:46] | She was upset ’cause we were still clapping. | 她很难过,因为我们还在鼓掌。 |
[18:49] | We thought it was part of the show. | 我们以为这是表演的一部分。 |
[18:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:52] | By the way, a bunch of us are pooling money | 顺便说一下,我们一群人正在集资 |
[18:54] | for the lottery tonight. | 今晚的彩票。 |
[18:56] | They’re doing that roll down thing, where you can win more. | 他们在做滚降,这样你可以赢得更多。 |
[18:59] | We’re not lottery people. That’s probably for the best. | 我们不是买彩票的人。这可能是最好的。 |
[19:02] | You know, there are some people who blow thousands | 你知道,有些人吹了几千次 |
[19:04] | on those things? | 在那些事情上? |
[19:05] | You all right? Here we go. | 你没事吧?我们开始吧。 |
[19:07] | What’s the matter? Take the drink. Down the wrong pipe. | 怎么了喝点饮料。走错了路。 |
[19:09] | Eating too fast. | 吃得太快了。 |
[19:12] | Yeah. | 是 啊 |
[19:16] | Ooh. | 哦。 |
[19:19] | Four. | 四 |
[19:38] | Whoo. | 哇哦。 |
[20:01] | I mean, it’s like a regular travel agent, | 我是说,这就像一家普通的旅行社, |
[20:02] | but it’s online, | 但它是在线的, |
[20:03] | so people can act like animals | 所以人们可以像动物一样行动 |
[20:05] | when something doesn’t work out. | 当事情不顺利的时候。 |
[20:06] | Hey, you should be traveling. | 嘿,你应该去旅行。 |
[20:08] | You and Wendy used to go on all these cruises and come back | 你和Wendy过去常去游轮然后回来 |
[20:10] | and call everything port and starboard. | 把一切都称为左舷和右舷。 |
[20:12] | I didn’t even know which was which. | 我甚至不知道哪个是哪个。 |
[20:13] | Depends which ocean you’re on. | 取决于你所处的海洋。 |
[20:15] | Hmm. No. No. Yep. | 嗯,不,不,是的。 |
[20:18] | She’d want you to have fun. | 她希望你玩得开心。 |
[20:19] | It’s been three years. | 已经三年了。 |
[20:21] | Oh, brats. Brats and burgers. All? | 哦,小子们。小鬼和汉堡。全部的 |
[20:23] | With cheese on it. Okay. | 上面有奶酪。可以 |
[20:25] | Brats and… Oh. Cheddar? | 小鬼和。。。哦切达干酪? |
[20:26] | Doug, would you watch the grill for a second? | 道格,你能看一下烤肉架吗? |
[20:28] | See? This is a good time. Huh? | 看见这是一个好时机。嗯? |
[20:30] | Mmm. I told you it’d be worth the drive. | 嗯。我告诉过你开车去是值得的。 |
[20:32] | No, you said you didn’t know | 不,你说你不知道 |
[20:33] | how many weekends you have left. | 你还剩多少个周末。 |
[20:35] | Well, I don’t. | 嗯,我不知道。 |
[20:36] | Yeah, but the math works. | 是的,但数学是可行的。 |
[20:39] | Drive for two hours, get a free burger. | 开车两个小时,买一个免费的汉堡。 |
[20:41] | Offsets the cost of gas. | 抵消了汽油的成本。 |
[20:42] | I don’t eat meat, Dad. | 爸爸,我不吃肉。 |
[20:44] | Oh, right. I’ll get the chicken. | 哦,对了。我去拿鸡肉。 |
[20:45] | No, that’s still meat. | 不,那还是肉。 |
[20:47] | Okay. | 可以 |
[20:49] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧? |
[20:50] | He just doesn’t know the formula for “I miss you.” | 他只是不知道“我想你”的公式 |
[20:54] | It is more fun when you’re here. | 你在这里会更有趣。 |
[20:55] | I know, but you and Dad, you gotta have fun together. | 我知道,但你和爸爸,你必须在一起玩得开心。 |
[20:58] | Yeah. | 是 啊 |
[20:59] | I know you’ve waited a really long time | 我知道你等了很久了 |
[21:00] | for him to retire. I know. | 让他退休。我知道。 |
[21:02] | I know. We need to work on it. | 我知道。我们需要努力。 |
[21:04] | I can’t even remember the last time that we had… | 我甚至不记得我们最后一次。。。 |
[21:08] | You know? What? | 你知道的?什么 |
[21:09] | Yeah. Oh, no, that’s okay. I don’t need to hear about… | 是 啊哦,不,没关系。我不想听到关于。。。 |
[21:12] | Honey. | 蜂蜜 |
[21:13] | I’m gonna get a beer. | 我去喝杯啤酒。 |
[21:15] | Okay? Okay. We’ll work on it. | 可以可以我们会努力的。 |
[21:17] | I’m thinking about it anyway. Okay. | 反正我也在考虑。可以 |
[21:19] | I wish he would. | 我希望他会。 |
[21:22] | Whoa. | 哇哦。 |
[21:24] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! | 哇,哇,哇! |
[21:25] | No, Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy! No, no, no, no, Liz. | 不,丽萃,丽萃,丽萃!不不不Liz。 |
[21:28] | Let’s not… Let’s not open that. | 我们不要。。。我们不要打开它。 |
[21:30] | Why? I want the popcorn. I know. I know. | 为什么?我想要爆米花。我知道。我知道。 |
[21:32] | But this… this popcorn’s very stale. Ugh. | 但是这个。。。这爆米花很陈了。呃。 |
[21:35] | I like stale. | 我喜欢陈腐的。 |
[21:37] | Well, but this is full of sugar. It’s no good for you. | 嗯,但这里面全是糖。这对你没有好处。 |
[21:41] | I saw you eat seven Oreos. | 我看见你吃了七个奥利奥。 |
[21:45] | You want an Oreo? | 你要奥利奥吗? |
[21:46] | You ate them all, Pop Pop. | 你把它们都吃了,爸爸。 |
[21:49] | Okay. All right. Uh… | 可以好吧嗯 |
[21:51] | Let me just have it for one minute. | 给我一分钟。 |
[21:53] | Pop Pop will give it back to you. I promise. | 爸爸会还给你的。我保证。 |
[21:55] | You trust Pop Pop now, right? | 你现在相信爸爸了,对吧? |
[21:58] | Let me just take one minute. | 让我休息一下。 |
[22:00] | And I’ll be right out. | 我马上就出来。 |
[22:16] | Here you go. | 干得好。 |
[22:18] | Take. Thanks, Pop Pop. | 拿谢谢,爸爸。 |
[22:21] | Yep. | 是的。 |
[22:40] | Something you wanna tell me? | 你有什么想告诉我的吗? |
[22:42] | What? | 什么 |
[22:43] | The pantry. | 食品储藏室。 |
[22:50] | I’m playing the lottery. | 我在买彩票。 |
[22:53] | I meant the empty bag of Oreos. | 我是说那袋空的奥利奥。 |
[22:59] | I’m playing the lottery, and I’m winning. | 我在买彩票,我中奖了。 |
[23:03] | I figured out the math, and I won $15,000. | 我算出来了,赢了15000美元。 |
[23:06] | It’s stuffed inside the Frosted Mini-Wheats box. | 它被塞进了磨砂迷你小麦盒子里。 |
[23:10] | Wow. | 哇! |
[23:17] | I gave $20 to Shirley’s lottery pool. | 我给雪莉的彩票池20美元。 |
[23:20] | I guess it’s not such a big deal now. | 我想现在没什么大不了的。 |
[23:25] | I… | 我 |
[23:26] | I had to try it. | 我不得不试试。 |
[23:28] | I… I found this flaw in the game, | 我我在游戏中发现了这个缺陷, |
[23:31] | and I had to find out if I was right. | 我必须找出我是否是对的。 |
[23:34] | Well, why didn’t you just tell me? | 那你为什么不告诉我? |
[23:36] | I… felt silly. | 我觉得很傻。 |
[23:39] | We barely have enough money to retire on as it is, and… | 我们几乎没有足够的钱退休,而且。。。 |
[23:44] | This is no time to risk it. | 现在不是冒险的时候。 |
[23:48] | Yes, it is. What? | 是的,是的。什么 |
[23:50] | It’s time to risk it. | 是时候冒险了。 |
[23:51] | Because right now we’re losing | 因为现在我们输了 |
[23:52] | something that matters even more. | 更重要的事情。 |
[23:55] | I’ve waited 40 years for it to be just us, | 我等了40年,只为我们, |
[23:58] | and so far we kind of suck at it. | 到目前为止,我们在这方面有点差劲。 |
[24:01] | We have Jeopardy. | 我们有危险。 |
[24:02] | Oh, that’s not a thing. Jerry! | 哦,那不是一回事。杰瑞! |
[24:06] | I wanna have fun. | 我想玩得开心。 |
[24:08] | I wanna have fun. | 我想玩得开心。 |
[24:13] | Let’s be a little stupid. Huh? | 让我们有点愚蠢吧。嗯? |
[24:16] | We got married when we were 17, | 我们17岁时结婚了, |
[24:18] | so we know how to do it. | 所以我们知道怎么做。 |
[24:21] | Well, that’s true. | 嗯,那是真的。 |
[24:23] | We need something for us. | 我们需要一些东西。 |
[24:28] | I didn’t think it would be playing the lottery, | 我没想到会是彩票, |
[24:30] | but I’d rob a bank if it gave us something to talk about. | 但如果银行给我们提供了什么可以谈的,我会抢劫银行。 |
[24:35] | Okay. | 可以 |
[24:37] | $15,000? Yep. | $15,000? 是的。 |
[24:43] | If we bet the whole $15,000… | 如果我们下注15000美元。。。 |
[24:45] | Oh, we should. Let’s bet it all. You think? | 哦,我们应该。让我们全赌一把。你觉得呢? |
[24:48] | Yeah, ’cause I was thinking the same thing. It’s right… | 是的,因为我也这么想。没错。。。 |
[24:51] | No. No, no, no, no. | 不不不不不。 |
[24:53] | Leon, what happened to WinFall? | Leon WinFall怎么了? |
[24:55] | Oh, they… they phased it out. | 哦,他们。。。他们逐步淘汰了它。 |
[24:57] | What? It’s gone, just like that? | 什么就这样消失了? |
[25:00] | You don’t play anyway, do you? | 你不会玩吧? |
[25:02] | No. Yeah, well, I guess people will just | 不,是的,我想人们会 |
[25:04] | have to play the one in Massachusetts now. | 现在必须在马萨诸塞州比赛。 |
[25:09] | The math works. You can see that. You’re an accountant. | 数学是可行的。你可以看到这一点。你是个会计。 |
[25:12] | Yeah. I mean… | 是 啊我是说。。。 |
[25:14] | I mean, it looks right. | 我是说,看起来不错。 |
[25:15] | And Massachusetts isn’t that far. | 马萨诸塞州也不远。 |
[25:16] | No, it’s only about a 10-hour drive if our truck doesn’t break down. | 不,如果我们的卡车不抛锚的话,只需要大约10个小时的车程。 |
[25:20] | If it does, we’ll get a ride. Yeah. | 如果是的话,我们可以搭便车。是 啊 |
[25:22] | From whom? | 来自谁? |
[25:23] | Truckers. Yeah, they’re always looking for company. | 卡车司机。是的,他们总是在找人作伴。 |
[25:25] | To murder. We’ll jump out if it gets weird. | 谋杀。如果事情变得奇怪,我们会跳出来的。 |
[25:28] | And they won’t even know that we have a duffle bag full of cash. | 他们甚至不知道我们有一个装满现金的行李袋。 |
[25:31] | Yeah, we’ll keep that zipped up. | 是的,我们会一直保持沉默。 |
[25:33] | All right. All right, what? | 好吧好吧,什么? |
[25:36] | I’m in, too. | 我也加入了。 |
[25:37] | You sure? No. | 你确定吗?不 |
[25:39] | But what the hell? Put me in for 1,000. | 但到底怎么了?给我1000美元。 |
[25:42] | I just got a cruise I gotta cancel now. | 我刚刚有一次巡航,我现在要取消。 |
[26:00] | Hey. Oh. Oh. Got our dinner. | 嘿哦哦我们吃过晚饭了。 |
[26:02] | Yeah. We’re going to need three days of food. | 是 啊我们需要三天的食物。 |
[26:07] | Oh. | 哦 |
[26:07] | And I found us a small town to play in. | 我给我们找了一个小镇玩。 |
[26:10] | Yeah, keep things quiet. | 是的,保持安静。 |
[26:12] | You know, like how I park a block away | 就像我在一个街区外停车一样 |
[26:15] | at a good garage sale. | 在一次很好的车库拍卖会上。 |
[26:16] | Yeah? Oh. Move. | 是 啊哦移动 |
[26:21] | You got a ham radio? What? | 你有火腿收音机吗?什么 |
[26:23] | Ham radio. We’re gonna hit some dead zones. | 火腿收音机。我们要去一些死区。 |
[26:25] | I suppose I can go to Ace… Wait a minute. | 我想我可以去Ace。。。等一下。 |
[26:29] | How are we on batteries? | 我们的电池怎么样? |
[26:31] | Uh… I… | 嗯我 |
[26:33] | Ah. | 啊。 |
[26:36] | Okay. Let’s get some more. Just in case. | 可以我们再来点吧。以防万一。 |
[26:40] | Feels like we really are robbing a bank. | 感觉我们真的在抢劫银行。 |
[26:42] | Nah. It’s gonna be more fun. You take that. | 不。这会更有趣。你拿去吧。 |
[26:45] | Here are the keys. | 这是钥匙。 |
[26:47] | All right. Aah. | 好吧啊。 |
[26:49] | I got the coupons. | 我拿到优惠券了。 |
[26:51] | All right. You grab that. | 好吧你抓住它。 |
[26:53] | Oh, now? Oh. | 哦,现在?哦 |
[26:55] | Let’s go. Oh. | 走吧。哦 |
[26:56] | Can I get dressed first? | 我可以先穿衣服吗? |
[27:03] | Mmm. Whoo. | 嗯。哇哦。 |
[27:05] | You have cookies? | 你有饼干吗? |
[27:12] | Ooh. | 哦。 |
[27:50] | Doesn’t look like much. | 看起来不太像。 |
[27:52] | Well, all we need is a ticket machine, right? | 我们只需要一台售票机,对吗? |
[28:00] | Hey, kid, those are buy one, get one free, | 嘿,孩子,那些是买一送一, |
[28:03] | ’cause they’re so out of date. | 因为它们太过时了。 |
[28:04] | They’re from 2013, | 他们来自2013年, |
[28:06] | but they’ll still turn your mouth blue. | 但他们仍然会让你的嘴变蓝。 |
[28:11] | Actually, I’m gonna get them first. | 事实上,我会先拿出来的。 |
[28:12] | How can I help you? | 我能为您做些什么? |
[28:14] | We’d like to buy 8,000 WinFall tickets. | 我们想买8000张秋冬门票。 |
[28:20] | I’m gonna get you first. | 我会先抓住你的。 |
[28:24] | No way is this enough. | 这还不够。 |
[28:27] | There’s no way that was enough. | 这还不够。 |
[28:29] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[28:30] | Eight thousand WinFall tickets is, like… | 八千张WinFall门票就像。。。 |
[28:34] | $29,000. | $29,000. |
[28:36] | No. 16,000. $16,000. | 编号16000$16,000. |
[28:39] | And that is how much we brought. | 这就是我们带来的钱。 |
[28:43] | Well, the machine prints 1,000 tickets an hour, so you’ll be here all day. | 嗯,这台机器每小时打印1000张票,所以你整天都在这里。 |
[28:47] | And let me tell you from experience, being here all day sucks. | 让我根据经验告诉你,整天呆在这里很糟糕。 |
[28:50] | Because I’m here all day. | 因为我整天都在这里。 |
[28:54] | Well, he’s right. It’s gonna take eight hours. | 嗯,他是对的。这需要八个小时。 |
[28:58] | I can do it. Let’s get rolling. | 我能做到。我们开始吧。 |
[29:00] | You want us? Yeah, come on. I got work to do. | 你想要我们?是的,来吧。我有工作要做。 |
[29:04] | I’m busy. Well, can you show us how it works? | 我很忙。那么,你能告诉我们它是如何工作的吗? |
[29:07] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会明白的。 |
[29:08] | Sorry, the motel’s not so great. | 对不起,汽车旅馆不太好。 |
[29:11] | The Pick and Shovel. | 镐和铲。 |
[29:13] | Perfect name. | 完美的名字。 |
[29:15] | Because it’s what you need to dig a grave. | 因为这是你挖坟墓所需要的。 |
[29:17] | Hah. Reminds me of our wedding night. | 哈哈。让我想起了我们的新婚之夜。 |
[29:20] | Huh? | 嗯? |
[29:22] | My dad gave me enough money to take you to the prom. | 我爸爸给了我足够的钱带你去舞会。 |
[29:25] | But then I thought, “Heck, the prom ends at midnight, | 但后来我想,“见鬼,舞会在午夜结束, |
[29:28] | “but a marriage, that lasts forever. | “但婚姻是永恒的。 |
[29:31] | “And it’s 20 bucks cheaper.” | “而且便宜20美元。” |
[29:32] | Which you spent on a Days Inn. | 你在一家戴斯旅馆里度过的。 |
[29:35] | Oh, on our honeymoon. Yeah. | 哦,在我们的蜜月上。是 啊 |
[29:38] | Well, I’m glad we’re being crazy. | 我很高兴我们疯了。 |
[29:41] | I’d sleep in the car if I had to. | 如果有必要,我会睡在车里。 |
[29:44] | Well, you may have to. | 嗯,你可能不得不这么做。 |
[29:46] | I don’t think this door locks. | 我想这扇门锁不上。 |
[29:48] | Oh, it’s on, Jerry. Oh, oh, oh, oh. | 哦,开始了,杰瑞。哦,哦,哦,哦,哦。 |
[29:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[29:57] | Oh, you have the… | 哦,你有。。。 |
[29:59] | Cross those fingers, our very last lucky number is 21. | 交叉手指,我们最后的幸运数字是21。 |
[30:02] | Folks, those numbers, one more time, are 23, 45, 01, 25, 06 and 21. | 各位,这些数字再一次是23、45、01、25、06和21。 |
[30:08] | All right, folks, check those numbers. We wish you the best of luck. | 好了,各位,检查一下这些数字。我们祝你好运。 |
[30:11] | Hopefully this was your week. Okay. | 希望这是你的一周。可以 |
[30:18] | Well, we got 8,000 tickets to check. | 嗯,我们有8000张票要检查。 |
[30:23] | Let’s get started. | 让我们开始吧。 |
[30:25] | We’ll probably see sunrise. | 我们可能会看到日出。 |
[30:50] | The last one is a three-number winner. | 最后一个是三位数的赢家。 |
[30:55] | Oh, good. | 哦,很好。 |
[30:58] | Okay. | 可以 |
[31:01] | So we bet 16,000. Mmm-hmm. | 所以我们赌16000。嗯哼。 |
[31:06] | And the two number winners just gives us free tickets, | 两位数字优胜者只给我们免费门票, |
[31:11] | so if we count those as a push… | 所以如果我们把这些算作推力。。。 |
[31:13] | Which means we made… | 这意味着我们。。。 |
[31:17] | $21,043. | $21,043. |
[31:20] | Oh… | 哦 |
[31:22] | I think we’re gonna need more Oreos. | 我想我们需要更多的奥利奥。 |
[31:26] | Yeah, we’re all… No, heck. There’s a little piece left there for you. | 是的,我们都。。。不,见鬼。还有一小块给你。 |
[31:30] | No. You sure you don’t… | 不你确定你不。。。 |
[31:33] | No, thank you. | 不,谢谢你。 |
[31:54] | They just said, “Congratulations.” Huh. | 他们只是说:“恭喜你。”呵呵。 |
[31:57] | Of course they did. | 他们当然知道了。 |
[31:59] | It’s not against the rules to buy tickets. | 买票并不违反规定。 |
[32:01] | I thought an alarm would go off and they’d start yelling at me. | 我以为警报会响,他们会开始对我大喊大叫。 |
[32:05] | So did I. | 我也是。 |
[32:08] | Do you really think we’re the only ones who know? | 你真的认为只有我们知道吗? |
[32:30] | Hey, why are there ultrasonic sensors on our toilet stalls? | 嘿,为什么我们的厕所隔间上有超声波传感器? |
[32:34] | Bathroom vacancy grid. | 浴室空置网格。 |
[32:36] | I got tired of walking in there and seeing feet under every stall. | 我厌倦了走在那里,看到每个摊位下都有脚。 |
[32:39] | So, now I know that when the light is green, the toilet is… | 所以,现在我知道当绿灯亮的时候,厕所是。。。 |
[32:42] | Well, not clean, but nobody is sitting on it. | 嗯,不干净,但没有人坐在上面。 |
[32:44] | We’re supposed to be doing our research projects. | 我们应该做我们的研究项目。 |
[32:46] | I am. | 我是。 |
[32:47] | Bathroom lights? No. That’d be stupid. | 浴室灯?不,那太愚蠢了。 |
[32:49] | I’m doing one on the lottery. | 我正在买彩票。 |
[32:50] | Ah. That’s way more stupid. | 啊。那就更愚蠢了。 |
[32:52] | It’s not. I’m evaluating | 事实并非如此。我在评估 |
[32:54] | the exact odds of winning Powerball versus Mega Millions. | 赢得强力球和百万富翁的确切几率。 |
[32:57] | Okay. Yeah, it’s stupid. Whatever. I’ll still get a B. | 可以是的,这很愚蠢。无论什么我还是会得个B。 |
[33:02] | What are these? | 这些是什么? |
[33:03] | The smaller state games. I need them for comparison. | 规模较小的国家运动会。我需要它们进行比较。 |
[33:06] | Sweet. The handicapped stall is open. | 含糖的残疾人摊位开着。 |
[33:46] | Jerry, pull over. | 杰瑞,靠边停车。 |
[33:49] | Come on, pull over. We’re only a mile from home. | 快点,靠边停车。我们离家只有一英里。 |
[33:51] | No. You can’t hold it? | 不,你拿不住? |
[33:53] | It’s not that. | 不是那样的。 |
[33:55] | Okay. Okay. | 可以可以 |
[34:15] | Marge, how long is this gonna take? | Marge这要花多长时间? |
[34:17] | ‘Cause I actually have to go. | 因为我真的得走了。 |
[34:21] | Did you ever think maybe the world wasn’t passing you by? | 你有没有想过也许这个世界没有从你身边经过? |
[34:26] | Maybe you were meant to be here. | 也许你应该在这里。 |
[34:29] | To work in the factory | 在工厂工作 |
[34:31] | and to care about all these people the way you do, | 像你那样关心这些人, |
[34:33] | because the day would come when you could help them. | 因为总有一天你可以帮助他们。 |
[34:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[34:42] | Well, you said the more we bet, the better the odds. | 你说我们赌得越多,胜算就越大。 |
[35:00] | I did say that. | 我确实说过。 |
[35:08] | So you wanna start a corporation? | 你想成立一家公司? |
[35:10] | Bring in the whole town. | 把全镇的人都带进来。 |
[35:12] | If we sell shares, we’ll have more capital to invest. | 如果我们出售股票,我们将有更多的资本投资。 |
[35:15] | Go big or go home. | 要么出众,要么出局 |
[35:17] | Then we’ll split the profits with the shareholders. | 然后我们将与股东分享利润。 |
[35:19] | Everybody rides. | 每个人都骑自行车。 |
[35:21] | Will you stop talking like that? | 你能不能别再那样说话了? |
[35:22] | Sorry. I’m just really into it. | 很抱歉我真的很喜欢。 |
[35:24] | She’s really into it. | 她真的很喜欢。 |
[35:26] | Because she knows it’ll work. | 因为她知道这会奏效的。 |
[35:27] | House always wins. | 豪斯总是赢。 |
[35:28] | Stop it. | 住手。 |
[35:31] | You really think people will come in on this? | 你真的认为人们会参与进来吗? |
[35:32] | Yup. You did. | 是的。你做到了。 |
[35:34] | Yeah, but I’m a depressed widower with nothing to live for. | 是的,但我是一个沮丧的鳏夫,没有生活的理由。 |
[35:36] | You wanna buy more shares, then? Yes! | 那你想买更多的股票吗?对 |
[35:40] | And that about does it. | 就是这样。 |
[35:41] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗? |
[35:43] | So, uh, GS Investment Strategies? That’s right. | 那么,呃,GS投资策略?这是正确的。 |
[35:47] | We’ve got a business license and everything. | 我们有营业执照,什么都有。 |
[35:50] | Not much of a name. | 名字不算什么。 |
[35:51] | Well, don’t worry about the name. | 好吧,别担心名字。 |
[35:52] | You need “lottery” in there somewhere. | 你需要在某个地方买彩票。 |
[35:54] | Well, the name’s not important. | 嗯,名字并不重要。 |
[35:55] | It is if you wanna sell the idea. I took a class on marketing. | 如果你想推销这个想法。我上了一堂市场营销课。 |
[35:59] | Well, the idea sells itself. You buy a share for $500 and you make a profit. | 好吧,这个想法很有说服力。你花500美元买了一只股票,你就盈利了。 |
[36:05] | It’s that simple. Do you have a logo? | 就这么简单。你有徽标吗? |
[36:07] | Don’t need a logo. Logos help. | 不需要徽标。徽标帮助。 |
[36:08] | I have a pig on a tractor. | 我有一头猪在拖拉机上。 |
[36:12] | Yeah. Okay, look, you all have known me for years. | 是 啊好吧,听着,你们都认识我很多年了。 |
[36:16] | This will work, and it’ll help everybody. | 这会起作用的,对每个人都有帮助。 |
[36:19] | What if we want in, | 如果我们想加入, |
[36:21] | but we’re behind on our bills, and don’t have enough for a share? | 但我们的账单还没付完,还没有足够的钱分一杯羹? |
[36:24] | Do you accept other forms of payment? | 你们接受其他形式的付款吗? |
[36:27] | Like what? | 比如什么? |
[36:41] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等,等等,等等。 |
[36:43] | Got it all right here. | 在这里一切正常。 |
[36:44] | Oh, we’re in. | 哦,我们进去了。 |
[36:46] | I’ve never done anything criminal like this. | 我从来没有做过这样的犯罪行为。 |
[36:48] | No, Shirley, it’s not criminal. | 不,雪莉,这不是犯罪。 |
[36:50] | We’re gonna pay taxes on all the winnings and claim expenses. | 我们要为所有赢来的钱交税并报销费用。 |
[36:54] | Jerry’s got it all worked out. | 杰瑞把一切都解决了。 |
[36:56] | Your mother and I are going into business. | 你妈妈和我要做生意了。 |
[36:59] | Are you selling her toffee or something? | 你是在卖她的太妃糖还是什么? |
[37:02] | No. We’re gonna play the lottery. | 不,我们要买彩票。 |
[37:05] | It’s 500 a share. Okay. | 每股500英镑。可以 |
[37:08] | Oh, yeah? Okay? You don’t wanna know details? | 哦,是吗?可以你不想知道细节? |
[37:11] | No, no, no, I’m good. It sounds great. | 不,不,不,我很好。听起来好棒。 |
[37:13] | You can see in the first three plays Dad, Dad. | 你可以在前三部剧中看到爸爸,爸爸。 |
[37:15] | that we’ve increased our profit. | 我们增加了利润。 |
[37:16] | It’s just not for me. | 这不适合我。 |
[37:18] | I just don’t understand this. It’s just math. | 我只是不明白这一点。这只是数学。 |
[37:21] | It’s always just math. | 这永远只是数学。 |
[37:23] | It’s like sorting through coins, looking for buffalo nickels, | 就像在硬币中分类,寻找水牛镍币, |
[37:25] | because you had calculated there was, | 因为你已经计算过了, |
[37:27] | what, one in every seven rolls or something? | 什么,每七卷就有一卷? |
[37:29] | Yeah. We made $600. | 是 啊我们赚了600美元。 |
[37:31] | We sorted through coins every weekend for a month. I was 12. | 一个月来,我们每个周末都会整理硬币。我当时12岁。 |
[37:36] | It was fun. | 这很有趣。 |
[37:39] | It would have been nice to just throw the football or something. | 扔足球什么的就好了。 |
[37:45] | Look, I’m… | 听着,我。。。 |
[37:48] | Hey, Doug? | 嘿Doug? |
[37:50] | Doug, the Porters lost power in their barn and they want you to come take a look. | 道格,搬运工们的谷仓停电了,他们想让你过来看看。 |
[37:52] | All right. I’ll be right there. | 好吧我马上就到。 |
[37:53] | Okay. I gotta go. Okay. Yup. | 可以我得走了。可以是的。 |
[38:01] | I’ll be in your business, Pop Pop. | 我会帮你的,爸爸。 |
[38:05] | How are you at logos? Good. | 你在logos的表现如何?好的 |
[38:08] | Well, come here and show Pop Pop. | 好吧,来这里表演流行音乐。 |
[38:10] | Here. | 在这里 |
[38:14] | Let me give you some paper. | 让我给你一些纸。 |
[38:17] | And you show me what you can do | 你告诉我你能做什么 |
[38:19] | about drawing a logo for Pop Pop’s business. | 关于为Pop Pop的业务绘制徽标。 |
[38:22] | If you wanna get that going, push your button. | 如果你想继续,按你的按钮。 |
[38:25] | Right there. Push the button. | 就在那里。按下按钮。 |
[38:38] | Bill? Hey, Jerry. Hey, Marge. | 账单嘿Jerry。嘿Marge。 |
[38:40] | Hi. | 你好 |
[38:42] | Hey, uh, if we’re gonna do this again, | 嘿,呃,如果我们再这样做, |
[38:44] | I’m gonna need to charge you for using the microwave. | 我需要向你收取使用微波炉的费用。 |
[38:48] | We are betting 40,000. | 我们下注4万。 |
[38:52] | You guys drug dealers? | 你们这些毒贩? |
[38:53] | No. We’re professional lottery players. | 不,我们是职业彩票玩家。 |
[38:57] | I don’t think that’s a thing. | 我不认为那是一件事。 |
[38:58] | It is now. | 现在是。 |
[39:00] | Listen, as much as I’d like to see if you can stand behind that thing | 听着,我很想看看你能不能站在那东西后面 |
[39:03] | for that long without breaking a hip, | 这么长时间都没有摔断臀部, |
[39:05] | there’s no way you can buy that many tickets before closing time. | 你不可能在关门前买到那么多票。 |
[39:08] | Can you stay open later? | 你能晚点开门吗? |
[39:10] | Oh, I’m afraid not. | 哦,恐怕不行。 |
[39:13] | I’m undergoing some marital trauma at the moment. | 我现在正在经历婚姻创伤。 |
[39:16] | Oh. Well, truth be told, | 哦说实话, |
[39:18] | tonight is a drinking celebration with my buddies. | 今晚是我和朋友们的饮酒庆祝会。 |
[39:21] | Now, admittedly we do it out there, in the parking lot, | 现在,不可否认,我们在外面的停车场, |
[39:24] | but, uh, I just can’t have customers in here. | 但是,呃,我这里不能有顾客。 |
[39:28] | It’s a liability. | 这是一种负担。 |
[39:31] | Well… | 好 |
[39:33] | What if we weren’t customers? | 如果我们不是客户呢? |
[39:42] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么。 |
[39:45] | What if we were partners? | 如果我们是搭档呢? |
[39:49] | Bill, I’d like to introduce you to GS Investment Strategies. | 比尔,我想向你介绍一下GS投资策略。 |
[39:58] | I’m in. Can I be in? | 我加入了。我能进来吗? |
[40:03] | So I’m a shareholder, and I could totally get you guys in if you want. | 所以我是股东,如果你们愿意,我完全可以让你们加入。 |
[40:06] | So, it’s a WinFall, so when the numbers… | 所以,这是一个冬天,所以当数字。。。 |
[40:10] | Okay, you’re an investor… Okay, let’s say you’ve got several hundred dollars. | 好吧,你是个投资者。。。好吧,假设你有几百美元。 |
[40:14] | Then there is these lottery numbers. If they don’t hit, you win. | 还有这些彩票号码。如果他们不打,你就赢了。 |
[40:20] | You in? You got any money? | 你在吗?你有钱吗? |
[40:24] | I believe we are done. | 我相信我们已经完成了。 |
[40:26] | Hey, I got two more shareholders. | 嘿,我还有两个股东。 |
[40:28] | One of them’s got to rob his parents’ house real quick, but he’s definitely in. | 其中一个很快就要去抢劫他父母的房子,但他肯定在里面。 |
[40:33] | That’s 500 more tickets. Yup. | 还有500张票。是的。 |
[40:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[40:36] | You want a bong hit real quick? | 你想很快打一拳吗? |
[40:38] | I don’t know what that is. Marge? | 我不知道那是什么。玛姬? |
[40:41] | No thanks, Bill. All right. Ow! | 不,谢谢,比尔。好吧噢 |
[40:49] | Our next number is 46… | 我们的下一个号码是46。。。 |
[40:52] | Number 24… | 24号。。。 |
[40:54] | And our very last number for today is number 23. | 今天最后一个数字是23号。 |
[40:58] | So, one more time, those numbers are 05, 21, 39, 46, 24, 23… | 所以,再一次,这些数字是05,21,39,46,24,23。。。 |
[41:02] | Okay, here we go. | 好了,开始吧。 |
[41:04] | No more cigarette burns, huh? Yeah. | 再也没有香烟被烧焦了,嗯?是 啊 |
[41:12] | Well… | 好 |
[41:13] | I guess we fire up some of that delicious motel coffee | 我想我们可以点一些美味的汽车旅馆咖啡 |
[41:19] | and get started. | 然后开始。 |
[41:21] | Or it could wait till morning. | 或者可以等到早上。 |
[41:23] | Tomorrow? | 明天 |
[41:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[41:43] | Hmm. | 隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[41:52] | The lottery? | 彩票? |
[41:53] | Lottery winners get a lot of clicks. | 彩票中奖者获得大量点击。 |
[41:55] | I don’t do clicks. I do news. | 我不点击。我做新闻。 |
[41:57] | Do you not see all these empty cubicles? | 你没有看到所有这些空隔间吗? |
[42:01] | Just poke around for something. | 随便找点什么。 |
[42:04] | Find me a headline that I can | 给我找个标题 |
[42:06] | throw in the Spotlight section. | 加入聚光灯部分。 |
[42:15] | Hmm. | 隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[42:18] | Oh, nice thing about this mattress is, we both roll to the center. | 哦,这个床垫的好处是,我们都滚到中间去了。 |
[42:25] | I don’t think I can get out if I tried. | 我想如果我努力的话,我是逃不出去的。 |
[42:28] | Well, we have time. | 嗯,我们有时间。 |
[42:31] | What? What the heck? | 什么搞什么鬼? |
[42:34] | Hey, hey, all right, all right. | 嘿,嘿,好吧,好吧。 |
[42:37] | Got the wrong room. Got the wrong room. | 去错房间了。去错房间了。 |
[42:40] | It came in! What did? | 它进来了!怎么了? |
[42:42] | The lottery sends a tally of all the winnings sold by the store. | 彩票发送商店出售的所有中奖金额的记录。 |
[42:45] | WinFall tickets won $82,000. | WinFall的门票赢得了82000美元。 |
[42:50] | And how many WinFall tickets did you sell at your store? | 你在店里卖了多少张秋冬门票? |
[42:53] | Just yours, plus six more. Yes! | 就你的,再加上六个。对 |
[42:56] | To me. But those didn’t win. | 对我来说。但他们没有赢。 |
[42:59] | We doubled it. We doubled it. | 我们加倍了。我们加倍了。 |
[43:00] | We doubled it! | 我们加倍了! |
[43:02] | We doubled it! | 我们加倍了! |
[43:04] | We doubled it! | 我们加倍了! |
[43:48] | Whoo! | 哇哦! |
[44:00] | It’s Steve. | 我是史蒂夫。 |
[44:02] | Hey, Steve. | 嘿,史蒂夫。 |
[44:03] | Hey, Jerry. | 嘿Jerry。 |
[44:05] | I was just checking to see how we did. Um, you know, curious. | 我只是想看看我们做得怎么样。嗯,你知道,很好奇。 |
[44:08] | I will be sending out an official shareholder report. | 我将发送一份正式的股东报告。 |
[44:12] | Yeah, yeah, right, right, but you know… | 是的,是的,对,对,但你知道。。。 |
[44:15] | He wants to know. What do you think? | 他想知道。你怎么认为? |
[44:20] | Well, we doubled it. | 嗯,我们加倍了。 |
[44:23] | We doubled it! | 我们加倍了! |
[44:35] | Shh. | 嘘。 |
[45:00] | This can’t be real. I didn’t believe it either, | 这不可能是真的。我也不相信, |
[45:02] | but I’ve been running simulations during the drawings, and it’s right. | 但我在画图时一直在进行模拟,这是对的。 |
[45:05] | If you bet at least 10 grand, the odds tilt towards the buyer. | 如果你至少下注1万,赔率就会向买家倾斜。 |
[45:08] | Can you get money from your dad? I’m not asking him for shit. | 你能从你爸爸那里弄到钱吗?我不是在问他什么。 |
[45:10] | Why not? His name is on a building. I think he can afford it. | 为什么不呢?他的名字在一栋大楼上。我想他买得起。 |
[45:13] | Because this is mine. | 因为这是我的。 |
[45:14] | Do you have 10 grand? No. | 你有一万块吗?不 |
[45:18] | I have a dorm. | 我有一个宿舍。 |
[45:19] | Okay, that is one slice of pizza | 好的,那是一片披萨 |
[45:21] | per person. One slice. Thank you. | 每人。一片。非常感谢。 |
[45:22] | Hey, only take a piece if you contributed to the fund. | 嘿,只有在你向基金捐款的情况下才能分一杯羹。 |
[45:25] | The first thing you learn at Harvard is that you’re here for your future. | 你在哈佛学到的第一件事是,你在这里是为了你的未来。 |
[45:30] | Right? | 正当 |
[45:31] | Second thing you learn… | 你学到的第二件事。。。 |
[45:33] | Is that’s all bullshit. | 都是胡说八道。 |
[45:36] | There is no future. | 没有未来。 |
[45:38] | There is just now waiting for you to take it. | 现在有一件事正等着你去拿。 |
[45:42] | I found a flaw in the lottery. | 我在彩票中发现了一个漏洞。 |
[45:46] | Okay? A way to beat the game every time | 可以一种每次都能击败比赛的方法 |
[45:49] | because nobody at the lottery figured out what I did. | 因为彩票上没人知道我做了什么。 |
[45:52] | But it only works if you can bet big. | 但只有当你能下大赌注的时候,它才会起作用。 |
[45:55] | So, tell your parents that you have new lab fees, or need books, | 所以,告诉你的父母你有新的实验室费用,或者需要书, |
[46:01] | or got an STD. | 或者得了性病。 |
[46:04] | Whatever it takes, because if we pull this off, then we are legends! | 无论如何,因为如果我们成功了,那么我们就是传奇! |
[46:13] | Also, I’m gonna need you all to fill out about 300 lottery slips, | 还有,我需要你们填写大约300张彩票, |
[46:18] | so we don’t bet duplicates. | 所以我们不赌重复。 |
[46:19] | Here you go. That’s for you. | 干得好。那是给你的。 |
[46:22] | Thank you. | 非常感谢。 |
[46:26] | You’re not filling any out? | 你什么都没填? |
[46:28] | No. I’m in charge. | 不,我负责。 |
[46:33] | Okay, talk to me. So you wanna renovate it? | 好的,跟我谈谈。所以你想翻新它? |
[46:36] | Yup. All the shareholders are chipping in. | 是的。所有股东都在插手。 |
[46:38] | We’re bringing back the jazz festival. | 我们要恢复爵士音乐节。 |
[46:40] | The best music is the music you make up as you go along. | 最好的音乐是你边走边编的音乐。 |
[46:43] | Ah, I’m just sad we couldn’t have had it when Prince was around. | 啊,我只是很难过,当普林斯在的时候,我们不可能拥有它。 |
[46:47] | He wouldn’t have come, Howard. | 他不会来的,霍华德。 |
[46:48] | We’ll never know. | 我们永远不会知道。 |
[46:50] | You guys are sure this is what you wanna do with your money? | 你们确定这就是你们想用钱做的吗? |
[46:52] | You don’t wanna invest it somewhere? | 你不想把它投资到什么地方? |
[46:53] | We are investing it somewhere. | 我们正在某处投资。 |
[46:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[47:01] | I’ll give you a hand. All right. | 我来帮你一把。好吧 |
[47:02] | Doug, put it on top there. Yup. All right. | 道格,把它放在上面。是的。好吧 |
[47:06] | Thank you. | 非常感谢。 |
[47:09] | Wow. | 哇! |
[47:11] | Why do you keep all these? | 你为什么要保留这些? |
[47:13] | The IRS. | 国税局。 |
[47:15] | When we get audited, | 当我们接受审计时, |
[47:16] | we’ll need a paper trail of all the losing tickets we bought. | 我们需要一份我们买的所有失票的书面记录。 |
[47:19] | Think you’re gonna get audited? | 你觉得你会被审计吗? |
[47:21] | Oh, yeah. | 哦,是的。 |
[47:23] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[47:24] | You know, your group hired me to fix the amphitheater. Six-month job. | 你知道,你的团队雇我来修理圆形剧场。六个月的工作。 |
[47:28] | Oh. How about that? | 哦那怎么样? |
[47:32] | Yeah, how about that? | 是的,怎么样? |
[47:34] | Well, you may wanna consider chipping in on that. | 嗯,你可以考虑插手一下。 |
[47:38] | What? | 什么 |
[47:39] | Well, you have a share. | 嗯,你有份。 |
[47:44] | You did, from the start. | 你做到了,从一开始。 |
[47:48] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[47:51] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不必那么做。 |
[47:53] | Oh, I didn’t wanna count nickels without you. | 哦,没有你我不想数镍币。 |
[48:00] | I’m telling you, Dottie has done such a great job with this bookstore. | 我告诉你,多蒂在这家书店做得很好。 |
[48:04] | Yeah. You know, Leon is renovating the hotel. | 是 啊你知道,莱昂正在装修酒店。 |
[48:07] | Howard got him a deal on it, but his commission is that | 霍华德给了他一笔交易,但他的佣金是 |
[48:10] | he and Shirley get to use the hot tub whenever they want. | 他和雪莉可以随时使用热水浴缸。 |
[48:12] | Leon will regret that. | 里昂会后悔的。 |
[48:14] | You are not kidding. | 你不是在开玩笑吧。 |
[48:16] | – Hello, hello, everybody. – Oh, hey! | -大家好,大家好哦,嘿! |
[48:21] | All right. Well, go ahead… | 好吧好吧,继续。。。 |
[48:23] | Go on, sit on down. | 继续,坐下。 |
[48:25] | Uh… Uh… | 嗯嗯 |
[48:29] | Well… | 好 |
[48:31] | Look, first off, I can say that we’re doing pretty darn well. | 听着,首先,我可以说我们做得非常好。 |
[48:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[48:37] | Yeah. But you probably already know that by reading your shareholder report… | 是 啊但你可能已经知道,通过阅读你的股东报告。。。 |
[48:41] | I can’t get mine to open. | 我打不开我的。 |
[48:43] | Oh, do you have Word? | 哦,你有消息吗? |
[48:44] | I have Windows, I think. | 我想我有窗户。 |
[48:46] | I’ll print you one, Shirley. | 我给你印一张,雪莉。 |
[48:48] | Oh, thank you. | 哦,谢谢你。 |
[48:49] | Anyhoo。。。 Anyhoo… | |
[48:52] | As you might have imagined it, | 正如你可能想象的那样, |
[48:54] | we’re gonna use the majority of our capital for betting. | 我们将用我们的大部分资金来下注。 |
[48:57] | Yeah. | 是 啊 |
[48:59] | But there are dividends that you can access. | 但你可以获得红利。 |
[49:05] | Right. So, I know a lot of people would like to see the jazz festival come back. | 正当所以,我知道很多人都想看到爵士音乐节回来。 |
[49:11] | And, Old Frank can sure use a mail truck he doesn’t fall out of. | 而且,老弗兰克肯定会用一辆他不会掉下来的邮车。 |
[49:17] | Uh, so, now on to the profit ratios. We… | 嗯,那么,现在谈谈利润率。我们 |
[49:22] | Yes, Raj? Is there not food at this thing? | 是的Raj?这里没有食物吗? |
[49:25] | No. No. This is a shareholder meeting. It’s not a party. | 不,不,这是股东大会。这不是派对。 |
[49:29] | Then why did you have it at 00, when we all eat? | 那为什么我们都吃的时候你在00点吃? |
[49:34] | Well, you’re welcome to all go to the diner, but… | 欢迎大家都去餐厅,但是。。。 |
[49:37] | No, then you’re not gonna learn about the numbers. | 不,那你就不会知道数字了。 |
[49:42] | So, what’s the next play? | 那么,下一个剧本是什么? |
[49:44] | 312,000 tickets. | 312000张门票。 |
[49:46] | That’s $600,000. Yeah. | 那是60万美元。是 啊 |
[49:48] | We’re betting half a million in one play? | 我们一场赌50万? |
[49:52] | Oh, the money is the easy part. | 哦,钱是最容易的部分。 |
[49:53] | Is it? Yeah. | 它是?是 啊 |
[49:55] | It’ll take four days of betting, | 要赌四天, |
[49:57] | two machines, 12 hours a day. | 两台机器,每天12小时。 |
[50:00] | Then why don’t you just bet the normal amount? | 那你为什么不按正常金额下注呢? |
[50:02] | Math. | 数学 |
[50:03] | It’s Newton’s law. | 这是牛顿定律。 |
[50:04] | If you push against something, it’s gonna push back. | 如果你顶住什么东西,它就会往后推。 |
[50:08] | And we discovered a flaw. | 我们发现了一个缺陷。 |
[50:09] | But by using it, we’ve introduced a variable that changes it. | 但是通过使用它,我们引入了一个变量来改变它。 |
[50:14] | And we don’t know how long this game is gonna last. | 我们不知道这场比赛会持续多久。 |
[50:17] | Then we need to make as much money as we can, while we can. | 然后,我们需要尽可能多地赚钱,尽管我们可以。 |
[50:20] | Get the festival going, and finish rebuilding before it pushes back. | 让节日继续下去,在它倒退之前完成重建。 |
[50:25] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼。 |
[50:26] | I ordered a second machine from the lottery, | 我从彩票订购了第二台机器, |
[50:28] | but they said you’re only allowed one per location, | 但他们说每个地方只允许一个, |
[50:29] | so I was like, “Well, what if I have a second store?” | 所以我想,“如果我再开一家店呢?” |
[50:32] | They’re like, “What’s the address?” I was like, “Uh-oh. There’s my mistake.” | 他们会问,“地址是什么?”我想,“哦,这是我的错。” |
[50:35] | And that’s where my buddy, Darryl, comes in. | 这就是我的朋友Darryl进来的地方。 |
[50:37] | And, uh, we’re gonna give him an extra share, but here you are. | 我们会多给他一份,但给你。 |
[50:40] | You can print out 24 hours a day, plus unlimited pie. | 你可以一天24小时打印,外加无限量的馅饼。 |
[50:48] | Look at this. | 看看这个。 |
[50:50] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[50:51] | From my source at the AG’s office. | 来自AG办公室的消息来源。 |
[50:52] | Now, the lottery has to disclose players who claim more than 50 grand, | 现在,彩票必须披露索赔超过5万的玩家, |
[50:56] | five times a year. | 一年五次。 |
[50:57] | Sometimes the winners are fronts, you know, | 你知道,有时候胜利者是领先者, |
[50:59] | cashing tickets for people who owe child support, or have a warrant, | 为欠孩子抚养费或有搜查令的人兑现门票, |
[51:03] | but look at this guy. Wins big every three weeks. | 但看看这家伙。每三周赢得一次大奖。 |
[51:07] | Lives in Michigan. A retired factory worker. | 住在密歇根州。退休的工厂工人。 |
[51:09] | No criminal record. | 没有犯罪记录。 |
[51:10] | He’s won this much? Yeah. | 他赢了这么多?是 啊 |
[51:12] | Who drives 10 hours every month to play the lottery in a different state? | 谁每月开10个小时的车在不同的州玩彩票? |
[51:17] | Yeah, that doesn’t make any sense. Right. | 是的,那没有任何意义。正当 |
[51:39] | Loser! | 失败者! |
[51:48] | Did that woman just rob you? | 那个女人是不是刚刚抢劫了你? |
[51:50] | That’s my wife. | 那是我妻子。 |
[51:52] | Wow. | 哇! |
[51:54] | Well, she certainly seems spirited. | 嗯,她看起来确实很有精神。 |
[51:56] | Yeah, she’s a spitfire. | 是的,她是个泼妇。 |
[51:58] | No, she’s just pissed off ’cause I filed for divorce, | 不,她只是因为我提出离婚而生气, |
[52:01] | and she didn’t ever think I’d be able to afford it. | 她从没想过我能负担得起。 |
[52:03] | Huh. | 呵呵。 |
[52:05] | Looks like money well spent. Yeah. | 看起来钱花得很好。是 啊 |
[52:07] | Kind of lost the magic ever since Steely Dan stopped touring. | 自从Steely Dan停止巡演后就失去了魔力。 |
[52:14] | You know… | 你知道的。。。 |
[52:16] | I need to find someone like you. | 我需要找一个像你这样的人。 |
[52:19] | Only younger. Yeah, that started off great. | 只有年轻人。是的,一开始很好。 |
[52:22] | No, I mean, you know, just someone that’s still fertile. | 不,我的意思是,你知道,只是一个仍然有生育能力的人。 |
[52:26] | And their womb can have babies. | 他们的子宫可以生孩子。 |
[52:29] | You’re not good at this. | 你不擅长这个。 |
[52:30] | Oh, I’m really not. Can you help me? | 哦,我真的不是。你能帮助我吗? |
[52:33] | Well, my mother used to say, | 我妈妈常说, |
[52:35] | “Kiss a few frogs, then when you find your prince, | “吻几只青蛙,然后当你找到你的王子, |
[52:37] | “you’ll realize that the frogs are better, ’cause they make you laugh.” | “你会发现青蛙更好,因为它们让你发笑。” |
[52:43] | Does laughing at you count? | 嘲笑你算数吗? |
[52:45] | Bill, you need a new frog. | 比尔,你需要一只新青蛙。 |
[52:48] | I need a new frog. | 我需要一只新青蛙。 |
[52:49] | $50,000. | $50,000. |
[52:54] | Welcome to the now, bitches. | 欢迎来到现在,婊子们。 |
[52:57] | We are going to make a shitload of money, | 我们要赚一大笔钱, |
[52:59] | but it’s going to take time, | 但这需要时间, |
[53:00] | and sweat, and passion, okay? | 还有汗水和激情,好吗? |
[53:03] | So, everybody fill out two stacks of slips. | 所以,每个人都填写了两叠单据。 |
[53:06] | We need to get 25,000 in in the next three weeks. | 我们需要在未来三周内投入25000英镑。 |
[53:16] | Something wrong? | 出什么事了? |
[53:18] | There’s another group. | 还有另一组。 |
[53:20] | What? | 什么 |
[53:21] | The payout should have been bigger. | 支出应该更大。 |
[53:22] | The only thing that makes sense is another group eating into the pot, | 唯一有意义的是另一组人在锅里吃东西, |
[53:25] | so I checked sales at every store. | 所以我检查了每家商店的销售额。 |
[53:27] | That’s public information? No, I hacked the state lottery. | 那是公共信息?不,我黑了州彩票。 |
[53:30] | Nice. | 美好的 |
[53:32] | Wait. That’s my laptop. | 等待那是我的笔记本电脑。 |
[53:34] | Yeah. You should destroy your hard drive after this. | 是 啊你应该在这之后销毁你的硬盘。 |
[53:35] | Dude. Whatever. It worked. | 伙计。无论什么它成功了。 |
[53:38] | Look at the winnings in Sunderland, from only two locations. | 看看桑德兰的赢家,只有两个地方。 |
[53:41] | Two locations. They’d have to buy tickets for a week to get those kind of numbers. | 两个位置。他们必须买一周的票才能得到这样的数字。 |
[53:47] | They’re there right now. | 他们现在就在那里。 |
[54:08] | Hey. I finished early tonight. | 嘿我今晚很早就完成了。 |
[54:12] | What’s the rush? | 你急什么? |
[54:13] | Oh… | 哦 |
[54:17] | You didn’t think I’d forget our anniversary, did you? | 你以为我不会忘记我们的结婚纪念日,是吗? |
[54:20] | Oh, you just got that out of the cooler. Well, yeah. | 哦,你刚从冰箱里拿出来。嗯,是的。 |
[54:26] | But I hid it behind the Yoo-hoo this morning so that nobody would get it. | 但我今天早上把它藏在了Yoo-hoo后面,这样就没人会得到它了。 |
[54:35] | Whoo! | 哇哦! |
[54:37] | Wow. | 哇! |
[54:38] | You know it’s good when it does that. | 你知道这样做很好。 |
[54:42] | Beautiful plastic china. | 美丽的塑料瓷器。 |
[54:46] | Here you go. | 干得好。 |
[54:48] | Here’s to 46 more years. | 还有46年。 |
[54:52] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[54:56] | Ooh. | 哦。 |
[55:03] | I think I still owe you a prom night. | 我想我还欠你一个舞会之夜。 |
[55:23] | This was easier when I was 16. | 这在我16岁的时候更容易。 |
[55:27] | You’re even more beautiful now. | 你现在更漂亮了。 |
[55:29] | That’s the out-of-date champagne talking. | 那是过时的香槟酒谈话。 |
[55:34] | Yeah, he really shouldn’t be selling that. | 是的,他真的不应该卖这个。 |
[55:39] | Oh. Mmm. | 哦嗯。 |
[55:41] | No teacher to pull us apart. | 没有老师把我们分开。 |
[55:54] | You guys are the other group? | 你们是另一组? |
[55:56] | Oh, man. We thought it was gonna be, like, a crime syndicate or something. Phew. | 哦,老兄。我们以为会是犯罪集团之类的。呸。 |
[56:03] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么。 |
[56:05] | Sorry, we are being super rude. I’m Tyler, this is Eric. | 对不起,我们太粗鲁了。我是泰勒,这是埃里克。 |
[56:08] | We run a betting club at Harvard. | 我们在哈佛经营一家赌博俱乐部。 |
[56:10] | We’re called Random Industries, | 我们被称为随机行业, |
[56:12] | which is also the name of my skateboard brand. | 这也是我滑板品牌的名字。 |
[56:15] | Well, I figured there’d be somebody else. | 嗯,我想会有其他人。 |
[56:17] | Me, too, but I mean, I didn’t expect this. Look at you guys. It’s like Up. | 我也是,但我是说,我没想到会这样。看看你们这些家伙。就像是向上爬。 |
[56:25] | Would you like a glass of champagne? | 你想喝杯香槟吗? |
[56:27] | No, I only drink Jager and Red Bull. But thank you. | 不,我只喝Jager和红牛。但是谢谢你。 |
[56:30] | Oh, well, at least you’ll never have to worry about being our age. | 哦,好吧,至少你永远不用担心自己是我们这个年龄的人。 |
[56:37] | Look, we’re really only hurting each other by playing at the same time, | 听着,我们真的只是在同一时间玩而互相伤害, |
[56:41] | so here’s a better offer. | 所以这里有一个更好的提议。 |
[56:43] | You join my group, add your capital to our pot, | 你加入我的团队,把你的资金加到我们的锅里, |
[56:47] | and we’ll handle all the betting. | 我们会处理所有的赌注。 |
[56:51] | Well, I don’t know. | 嗯,我不知道。 |
[56:54] | We kind of like to do our own thing. | 我们有点喜欢做自己的事。 |
[56:56] | What? | 什么 |
[56:58] | You’ll get a cut without having to do anything. | 你不用做任何事就可以得到一个伤口。 |
[57:00] | I have an army of bettors. You won’t even have to leave your rocking chairs. | 我有一群赌徒。你甚至不用离开你的摇椅。 |
[57:06] | We’re good. | 我们很好。 |
[57:07] | This is about making money. You like money, right? | 这是关于赚钱的。你喜欢钱,对吧? |
[57:10] | Well, not as much as I like other things. | 嗯,没有我喜欢其他东西那么多。 |
[57:14] | Oh, my God. | 哦,我的天啊。 |
[57:16] | Uh, now, look, if you two don’t mind, this is our anniversary. | 呃,现在,听着,如果你们两个不介意的话,这是我们的周年纪念日。 |
[57:22] | And you are killing the ambience of our liquor store. | 你正在破坏我们酒类店的气氛。 |
[57:27] | You’re welcome to take a Red Bull for the road. | 欢迎您乘坐红牛上路。 |
[57:30] | Or maybe a juice box. | 或者一个果汁盒。 |
[57:38] | You’re good at math. | 你的数学很好。 |
[57:40] | Yay! | 耶! |
[57:42] | I’m sure that helps out on the farm, but at Harvard, | 我相信这对农场很有帮助,但在哈佛, |
[57:45] | we learn a little something called binomial distribution. | 我们学习了一种叫做二项式分布的东西。 |
[57:48] | Look it up. | 查一查。 |
[57:50] | Then you’ll see why your odds are better when you fill out your own slips. | 然后,当你填写自己的单子时,你就会明白为什么你的胜算会更大。 |
[57:53] | You’re welcome. | 不客气。 |
[57:54] | Binomial distribution only considers two factors. | 二项分布只考虑两个因素。 |
[58:00] | Not a third, which is human error, or a fourth, | 没有第三次,这是人为错误,也没有第四次, |
[58:03] | which is the time it takes for you to fill in the tickets. | 这就是你填票所需的时间。 |
[58:07] | You gain a whooping 32 bucks for every $100,000 you win. | 每赢10万美元,你就赚32美元。 |
[58:15] | You’re welcome. | 不客气。 |
[58:18] | Seriously? Shut up! | 认真地闭嘴! |
[58:24] | What? | 什么 |
[58:27] | I guess it wouldn’t be a prom without dumb teenagers. | 我想如果没有愚蠢的青少年,那就不会是一场舞会。 |
[58:33] | That reminds me of where we left off. | 这让我想起了我们结束的地方。 |
[59:05] | So I get the house? | 所以我得到了房子? |
[59:07] | Yes. You get everything. | 对你得到了一切。 |
[59:08] | Bill just wants to keep his share of GS Strategies. | 比尔只是想保留他在GS战略中的份额。 |
[59:13] | Whatever. I got the house. | 无论什么我拿到了房子。 |
[59:18] | Well, good luck to you, Candace. | 祝你好运,坎迪斯。 |
[59:21] | You know, we had a few good years there before it all turned to shit. | 你知道,我们在那里度过了好几年,然后一切都变糟了。 |
[59:24] | And I hope you find your frog. | 我希望你能找到你的青蛙。 |
[59:27] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼。 |
[59:30] | Hey, what is GS whatever? | 嘿,GS到底是什么? |
[59:33] | Oh, yeah. That’s a little company I’m a part of. | 哦,是的。那是一家我参加的小公司。 |
[59:36] | Uh, we win the lottery every month. | 呃,我们每个月都中彩票。 |
[59:47] | See you around. | 回头见。 |
[59:58] | I’d love to re-open the ice cream shop. | 我想重开冰淇淋店。 |
[1:00:01] | Well, now you can lease it for $1.19 a year. | 嗯,现在你可以以每年1.19美元的价格租赁它。 |
[1:00:04] | And the Downtown fund will cover the rest. | 剩下的钱将由市区基金支付。 |
[1:00:07] | $1.19? Mmm-hmm. | $1.19? 嗯哼。 |
[1:00:10] | Oh, it’s a euro. It’s a complicated story. | 哦,是欧元。这是一个复杂的故事。 |
[1:00:13] | Jerry can explain it to you. | 杰瑞可以向你解释。 |
[1:00:26] | Boy, oh, boy. | 天啊,天啊。 |
[1:00:28] | I just bought a Corvette. Yeah, I can see that. | 我刚买了一辆轻巡洋舰。是的,我看得出来。 |
[1:00:31] | You want to take it for a ride next week? I’m going on a cruise to Me-hi-co. | 你想下周去兜风吗?我要乘船去Me-hi-co。 |
[1:00:35] | Oh, no, I don’t think I can get into it. | 哦,不,我想我没法参与进来。 |
[1:00:38] | All right, old man, suit yourself. | 好吧,老头子,随你的便。 |
[1:00:41] | There’s another group. | 还有另一组。 |
[1:00:42] | No. Yep. | 不,是的。 |
[1:00:44] | Some kids from Harvard figured it out. | 一些哈佛的孩子发现了这一点。 |
[1:00:46] | Well, that sucks. | 好吧,那太糟糕了。 |
[1:00:48] | We should be okay. | 我们应该没事的。 |
[1:00:49] | We’re still winning enough for people to rebuild and get the jazz fest going. | 我们仍然赢得了足够的胜利,人们可以重建爵士音乐节。 |
[1:00:54] | We just have to stay in the game. | 我们必须留在比赛中。 |
[1:00:56] | And we will. Well, that’s easy for you to say. | 我们会的。嗯,你说得很容易。 |
[1:00:59] | You’re not standing at a machine for five days straight. | 你不能连续五天站在机器前。 |
[1:01:03] | I said I would take a shift. | 我说我要换班。 |
[1:01:04] | No, no. That’s okay. | 不,不,没关系。 |
[1:01:05] | Yeah, because you guys like it, right? | 是的,因为你们喜欢,对吧? |
[1:01:07] | Yeah, we do. Yeah, you do. Yeah, you do. | 是的,我们有。是的,你知道。是的,你知道。 |
[1:01:11] | So glad you got the day off. | 很高兴你休息了一天。 |
[1:01:13] | Well, it doesn’t feel like I did. Oh, oh… | 嗯,我感觉不是这样的。哦,哦。。。 |
[1:01:16] | How did you guys do this for weeks? | 你们几个星期是怎么做到的? |
[1:01:18] | Because it’s an adventure. | 因为这是一次冒险。 |
[1:01:19] | Oh, no, this is not an adventure. | 哦,不,这不是冒险。 |
[1:01:21] | It’s getting paper cuts in a motel filled with prostitutes and drug dealers. | 在一家充斥着妓女和毒贩的汽车旅馆里,人们看到了剪纸。 |
[1:01:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:01:27] | Well, Dawn, you don’t have to do it. | Dawn你不必这么做。 |
[1:01:29] | Oh, no, no, I want to. I do. | 哦,不,不,我想。我愿意。 |
[1:01:31] | I mean, I never get to spend time with you guys, and, you know… | 我的意思是,我从来没有时间和你们在一起,而且,你知道。。。 |
[1:01:35] | Feeling trapped in a gross hotel, filling bins with losing tickets | 感觉被困在一家大酒店里,把丢失的票塞满了垃圾箱 |
[1:01:39] | is just a memory I will never ever forget. | 只是一段我永远不会忘记的记忆。 |
[1:01:44] | Oops. This one’s a winner. | 哎呀。这个是赢家。 |
[1:01:47] | Oh, you missed it. Okay. I’m done. I’m done. | 哦,你错过了。可以我做完了。我做完了。 |
[1:01:51] | Hey, when’s the part where you get to turn in all the winners? | 嘿,你什么时候才能把所有的优胜者都交出来? |
[1:01:53] | Because I will do that. Well, that is fun. | 因为我会这么做。嗯,那很有趣。 |
[1:01:56] | We’re gonna have to double check all the… | 我们必须仔细检查所有。。。 |
[1:02:00] | Is there a bar at this motel? | 这家汽车旅馆有酒吧吗? |
[1:02:11] | Mr. Grazio? | Grazio先生? |
[1:02:14] | Maya Jordon. Boston Globe. | 玛雅·乔登。波士顿环球报。 |
[1:02:18] | I had some questions about the WinFall game. | 我有一些关于WinFall游戏的问题。 |
[1:02:20] | Well, Melanie Hawkins handles our publicity. | 梅勒妮·霍金斯负责我们的宣传工作。 |
[1:02:23] | But the game has been a huge success for the state. | 但这场比赛对该州来说是一个巨大的成功。 |
[1:02:26] | Not just for the state. | 不仅仅是为了国家。 |
[1:02:27] | Are you aware there’s a player in Michigan winning millions every month? | 你知道密歇根州有一个球员每月赢得数百万美元吗? |
[1:02:30] | We raise a lot of money for schools, but nobody does an article about that. | 我们为学校筹集了大量资金,但没有人就此发表文章。 |
[1:02:34] | Some retiree gets lucky and they send a Spotlight reporter? | 一些退休人员运气好,他们派了一个聚光灯记者? |
[1:02:38] | I didn’t say he was a retiree. | 我没说他是退休人员。 |
[1:02:41] | Yeah, well, you know, it’s a lottery. | 是的,嗯,你知道,这是彩票。 |
[1:02:43] | People win. So, wouldn’t call it news. | 人们会赢。所以,这不是新闻。 |
[1:02:46] | I have a meeting. | 我有个会议。 |
[1:02:49] | Thanks for your time. | 谢谢你的时间。 |
[1:02:55] | – Morning, Leon. – Morning, Jerry. | -早上好,里昂早上好,杰瑞。 |
[1:02:57] | Made you a fresh pot. French roast. Oh. | 给你做了一个新罐子。法国烤肉。哦 |
[1:02:59] | Wow. You’re getting fancy. | 哇!你越来越花哨了。 |
[1:03:19] | Hey, Jerry. | 嘿Jerry。 |
[1:03:23] | They said I’d find you here. | 他们说我会在这里找到你。 |
[1:03:25] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? |
[1:03:26] | This won’t take long. | 这不会花很长时间的。 |
[1:03:28] | We’re not joining your group. | 我们不会加入你的团队。 |
[1:03:30] | I don’t want you to. | 我不想让你这么做。 |
[1:03:31] | I don’t really need your capital anymore. | 我真的不再需要你的资金了。 |
[1:03:34] | I just need you out of the game. | 我只需要你退出比赛。 |
[1:03:35] | So, you’re out. What? | 那么,你出局了。什么 |
[1:03:38] | See, you’re not really as good at calculating people as you are numbers. | 看,你在计算人方面不如在计算数字方面好。 |
[1:03:42] | So you haven’t really run the math on what somebody like me would do to win. | 所以你还没有真正计算出像我这样的人会做什么来赢得比赛。 |
[1:03:54] | And what would you do? | 你会怎么做? |
[1:03:57] | Set an army of the smartest kids you’ve ever met against you | 让一群你见过的最聪明的孩子来反对你 |
[1:04:00] | and everyone you play with. | 和你一起玩的每个人。 |
[1:04:04] | We hacked into the state lottery to find where you were betting. | 我们侵入了州彩票,想知道你在哪里下注。 |
[1:04:09] | You don’t think that we can hack into your accounts? | 你不认为我们可以侵入你的账户吗? |
[1:04:14] | Your credit? Your identity? | 你的信用?你的身份? |
[1:04:18] | It won’t be hard. I mean… | 这并不难。我是说。。。 |
[1:04:20] | Most of them think a firewall is something in their chimney, so… | 大多数人认为防火墙是他们烟囱里的东西,所以。。。 |
[1:04:25] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这样做? |
[1:04:28] | It’s just math. Nothing personal. | 这只是数学。没什么私人的。 |
[1:04:32] | Look, you had a good run. | 听着,你跑得很好。 |
[1:04:34] | You made some cash for Mayberry. | 你为梅贝里赚了些钱。 |
[1:04:37] | But it’s over. | 但一切都结束了。 |
[1:04:41] | Enjoy your golden years. | 享受你的黄金岁月。 |
[1:04:59] | Hey, so how many days do you think we’ll need? | 嘿,你认为我们需要多少天? |
[1:05:05] | None. | 没有一个 |
[1:05:07] | We’re out of the game. | 我们退出了比赛。 |
[1:05:12] | Jerry! | 杰瑞! |
[1:05:21] | Oh… Uh… | 哦嗯 |
[1:05:25] | Okay. Uh. | 可以嗯 |
[1:05:29] | Oh, boy. Well, uh… | 哦,孩子。呃呃。。。 |
[1:05:31] | I’m sad to report that, due to some new variables in the game… | 我很难过地报告,由于游戏中出现了一些新的变量。。。 |
[1:05:38] | Um… | 嗯。。。 |
[1:05:40] | We’re going to have to stop playing. | 我们将不得不停止比赛。 |
[1:05:57] | Um… | 嗯。。。 |
[1:06:00] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉。 |
[1:06:26] | So, you’re really going to let some college smartass take all this away from you? | 那么,你真的要让一些大学里的聪明人把这一切都夺走? |
[1:06:34] | The odds that he might do something outweigh the benefits… | 他可能会做些什么的可能性大于好处。。。 |
[1:06:38] | It’s not about the math. It’s about being human. | 这与数学无关。这是关于做人的。 |
[1:06:48] | You know, Dad, I… | 你知道,爸爸,我。。。 |
[1:06:51] | I’ve watched you spend so much of your life | 我看着你花了这么多时间 |
[1:06:53] | just being overlooked and pushed around. | 只是被忽视和推来推去。 |
[1:06:58] | Nobody knew what you could do. | 没人知道你能做什么。 |
[1:07:02] | Nobody cared. | 没人在乎。 |
[1:07:05] | And then you finally took your shot, and you brought us all with you. | 然后你终于开枪了,你把我们都带来了。 |
[1:07:11] | You know what you did? You made our little town feel big. | 你知道你做了什么吗?你让我们的小镇感觉大了。 |
[1:07:16] | That’s why they’re all in there. | 这就是为什么他们都在那里。 |
[1:07:20] | That’s why I was in there. | 这就是为什么我在那里。 |
[1:07:39] | He’ll be okay. | 他会没事的。 |
[1:07:48] | You know why I don’t like to fish? | 你知道我为什么不喜欢钓鱼吗? |
[1:07:52] | No. | 不 |
[1:07:54] | The last time that I went, I took him with me. | 上次我去的时候,我把他带走了。 |
[1:07:58] | He was 16, 17. | 他16、17岁。 |
[1:08:04] | And I started calculating how fast the bobber was moving | 然后我开始计算bobber移动的速度 |
[1:08:10] | so I can figure out the speed of the current. | 所以我可以计算出水流的速度。 |
[1:08:15] | And then I hear him ask me, “What do you think, Dad?” | 然后我听到他问我,“爸爸,你觉得怎么样?” |
[1:08:23] | And it was at that moment that I realized | 就在那一刻,我意识到 |
[1:08:27] | he was talking about a girl that he liked. | 他在谈论一个他喜欢的女孩。 |
[1:08:32] | And… Oh. | 和哦 |
[1:08:34] | I had no idea. | 我不知道。 |
[1:08:37] | You know, it’s… | 你知道,这是。。。 |
[1:08:39] | It’s never been a gift. It’s been a trick. | 这从来不是一份礼物。这是个骗局。 |
[1:08:44] | Your brain tells you | 你的大脑告诉你 |
[1:08:46] | that you see what other’s don’t, | 你看到别人看不到的东西, |
[1:08:50] | but in the end, you’re just seeing less. | 但最终,你看到的只是更少。 |
[1:09:00] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[1:09:01] | I think I’ll walk home tonight. | 我想今晚我会步行回家。 |
[1:09:20] | All right, guys, it’s gonna be a big one. It’s all of us now, so make it count. | 好了,伙计们,这将是一场大比赛。现在是我们所有人的事了,所以让它有意义吧。 |
[1:09:24] | Go, go, go. | 走,走,走。 |
[1:09:29] | Roll down’s this weekend. | 这个周末要滚下来。 |
[1:09:32] | Mmm-hmm. I know. | 嗯,我知道。 |
[1:09:46] | I’m just trying to do the right thing. | 我只是想做正确的事。 |
[1:09:48] | Oh, you always do. I love that about you. | 哦,你总是这样。我喜欢你这样。 |
[1:09:52] | And that’s why everyone in town trusts you to take a chance. | 这就是为什么镇上每个人都相信你会冒险的原因。 |
[1:09:57] | The one thing I have never seen you do | 我从没见过你做过的一件事 |
[1:10:00] | is give up on a problem before you find a solution. | 就是在你找到解决方案之前放弃一个问题。 |
[1:10:04] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:10:05] | Well, you’ve calculated Tyler’s threat, and the value of the game, | 你已经计算了Tyler的威胁和比赛的价值, |
[1:10:10] | but binomial distribution doesn’t consider the third factor. | 但二项分布没有考虑第三个因素。 |
[1:10:15] | That as long as you and I have each other, we are not afraid to be stupid. | 只要你和我拥有彼此,我们就不怕愚蠢。 |
[1:10:22] | You’re batshit crazy. | 你疯了。 |
[1:10:31] | Oh, there’s Steve. | 哦,史蒂夫在那里。 |
[1:10:35] | We’re heading to Massachusetts. | 我们要去马萨诸塞州。 |
[1:10:37] | Ha-ha! I see you! Go get ’em, boy! | 哈哈!我懂你!去抓住他们,孩子! |
[1:10:59] | Whoa! Yeah, let’s do this! Marge! Give me five. | 哇!是的,我们来吧!玛吉!跟我击掌相庆。 |
[1:11:04] | Jerry! You’re a madman. Pound me. | 杰瑞!你是个疯子。揍我一顿。 |
[1:11:11] | I thought it was supposed to be more without the split. | 我以为没有分裂的话应该更多。 |
[1:11:13] | Did you check for other claims? Yes. There was one. | 您是否检查了其他索赔?对有一个。 |
[1:11:18] | Where? Sunderland. | 哪里桑德兰。 |
[1:11:20] | Shit! | 倒霉! |
[1:11:22] | He called your bluff, okay? There’s nothing we can do but accept it. | 他骗了你,好吗?我们只能接受它。 |
[1:11:25] | If there’s a roll down, he’s going to play. | 如果有滚下来的话,他就要上场了。 |
[1:11:28] | Unless we create the roll down. What? | 除非我们创建向下滚动。什么 |
[1:11:31] | It takes weeks for a roll down, right? | 滚下来需要几个星期,对吧? |
[1:11:33] | I mean, WinFall takes in 100 grand a day, | 我是说,WinFall每天收入10万美元, |
[1:11:36] | and then when it hits two million, we know a roll down is coming in, | 然后当它达到200万的时候,我们知道会有一个下降, |
[1:11:38] | and everybody starts betting, and Benjamin Button gets in his truck. | 每个人都开始下注,本杰明·巴顿上了他的卡车。 |
[1:11:42] | But if we create a roll down when nobody expects it, we take it all. | 但是,如果我们在没有人预料的情况下创建一个滚降,那么我们将全部接受。 |
[1:11:46] | We squeeze the other players out. | 我们把其他球员挤了出来。 |
[1:11:48] | We use our hack to track the pot, | 我们用黑客追踪大麻, |
[1:11:50] | we wait for it to hit a million before a drawing, | 我们等着它达到一百万,然后才开始抽奖, |
[1:11:53] | and then we bet a million in one day. I mean, we own the game. | 然后我们在一天内下注一百万。我的意思是,我们拥有这场比赛。 |
[1:11:56] | And where do we get $1 million? | 我们从哪里得到100万美元? |
[1:12:02] | As you can see by our returns, it works. | 正如你从我们的回报中所看到的,它是有效的。 |
[1:12:05] | And with more capital, we can control the game. | 有了更多的资本,我们就能控制比赛。 |
[1:12:08] | Is your dad in on this? | 你爸爸也参与了吗? |
[1:12:10] | No. He… Um… | 不,他。。。嗯。。。 |
[1:12:12] | Thinks you’re going to college? | 以为你会上大学? |
[1:12:14] | He thinks I’m studying to be a lawyer, like him. | 他认为我正在学习成为一名律师,就像他一样。 |
[1:12:17] | But last time I checked, my father never made $1 million in a night. | 但上次我查了一下,我父亲从来没有一夜赚过一百万美元。 |
[1:12:25] | We have 14 hours to pull this off. | 我们有14个小时来完成这件事。 |
[1:12:26] | Get to your location and don’t leave until you print all your tickets. | 到你的位置,在你打印完所有的票之前不要离开。 |
[1:12:29] | Some locations might push back on printing all day, but do not let them. | 有些地方可能会全天推迟打印,但不允许这样做。 |
[1:12:32] | They work for us. | 他们为我们工作。 |
[1:12:33] | Let’s ride. | 我们骑吧。 |
[1:12:35] | – Yes! – Whoo! | -是的哇哦! |
[1:12:36] | Yeah. | 是 啊 |
[1:12:39] | Hey. What happens if somebody wins the jackpot | 嘿如果有人中了头奖怎么办 |
[1:12:43] | and we lose $1 million? | 我们损失了100万美元? |
[1:12:45] | Beyond dropping out of school because I blew my entire tuition? | 除了因为我花光了全部学费而辍学之外? |
[1:12:50] | I think one of those investors might actually kill me. | 我想其中一个投资者可能真的会杀了我。 |
[1:12:52] | Ooh. | 哦。 |
[1:12:54] | You all right? Yeah, I got it. | 你没事吧?是的,我知道了。 |
[1:12:56] | Oh. Okay. | 哦可以 |
[1:13:00] | I got the key. | 我拿到钥匙了。 |
[1:13:03] | What the heck? | 搞什么鬼? |
[1:13:05] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:13:07] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[1:13:09] | We missed it! | 我们错过了! |
[1:13:10] | What, someone actually hit all six numbers? | 什么,有人真的打了六个号码? |
[1:13:13] | No. No. It rolled down. | 不,不,它滚下来了。 |
[1:13:14] | No, that’s impossible. It’s only the second week. | 不,那是不可能的。这才是第二周。 |
[1:13:17] | It never rolls down before three. | 三点之前它不会滚下来。 |
[1:13:19] | It rolled down last night, and we missed it. | 昨晚它滚了下来,我们错过了。 |
[1:13:24] | The Harvard group triggered it on their own. | 哈佛集团自己触发了这一事件。 |
[1:13:27] | How would they know how much to bet? | 他们怎么知道该赌多少? |
[1:13:29] | The lottery doesn’t post the amount… | 彩票没有公布金额。。。 |
[1:13:31] | Well, they knew. | 嗯,他们知道。 |
[1:13:34] | Jerry? | 杰瑞? |
[1:13:37] | Where are you going, Jerry? | 杰瑞,你要去哪里? |
[1:13:41] | Jerry! | 杰瑞! |
[1:14:15] | It’s on the freakin’ news. The lottery didn’t even see it coming. | 这在新闻里。彩票甚至没想到它会来。 |
[1:14:18] | This is so epic. | 这太史诗了。 |
[1:14:22] | Hey, Jerry. | 嘿Jerry。 |
[1:14:24] | What, did you come ridin’ in on your tractor | 什么,你开拖拉机进来了吗 |
[1:14:26] | to come give me a whoopin’? | 来给我一声欢呼? |
[1:14:27] | Believe me, I wanted to. | 相信我,我想这么做。 |
[1:14:31] | Part of me still does. | 我的一部分仍然如此。 |
[1:14:35] | But then on the long drive here, | 但是在这里的长途车程中, |
[1:14:39] | well, most of that just, poof, went away. | 嗯,大部分都消失了。 |
[1:14:43] | And I realized that I wasn’t really angry at you. | 我意识到我并不是真的生你的气。 |
[1:14:47] | I’m disappointed. | 我很失望。 |
[1:14:49] | Aw, you’re disappointed in me? | 噢,你对我失望了? |
[1:14:51] | No, not you. You’re insignificant. | 不,不是你。你无足轻重。 |
[1:14:53] | No, I was disappointed that I let a selfish kid like you get to me. Huh. | 不,我很失望我让你这样自私的孩子接近了我。呵呵。 |
[1:14:59] | I was always good with math, | 我的数学一直很好, |
[1:15:03] | but it took a long time for me to figure people out. | 但我花了很长时间才弄清楚人们的想法。 |
[1:15:08] | So, tell us, Jerry, what did you figure out? | 那么,告诉我们,杰瑞,你发现了什么? |
[1:15:12] | That the solution isn’t numbers. | 解决方案不是数字。 |
[1:15:15] | You told me that I was playing the lottery because I had nothing else. | 你告诉我我买彩票是因为我没有别的东西。 |
[1:15:21] | But the reason you won’t share the pot is because you have nothing else. | 但你不愿意分享大麻的原因是因为你没有其他东西。 |
[1:15:29] | You think being the smartest guy in the room is all that matters. | 你认为做房间里最聪明的人才是最重要的。 |
[1:15:33] | But it turns out it’s this room that matters. | 但事实证明,这个房间才是最重要的。 |
[1:15:39] | All these bright, young people helping you get rich. | 所有这些聪明的年轻人都在帮助你致富。 |
[1:15:46] | How are you helping them? | 你如何帮助他们? |
[1:15:49] | Guess you haven’t run the math out on that, huh? | 看来你还没算出来吧? |
[1:15:55] | Anyway…my tractor’s running. | 无论如何我的拖拉机开动了。 |
[1:16:02] | I wish you all the best of luck. | 祝大家好运。 |
[1:16:14] | What? Just get back to counting. | 什么继续数数吧。 |
[1:16:19] | If the Harvard team can trigger a roll down, they run the game. | 如果哈佛大学队能够触发一个滚降,他们就可以进行比赛。 |
[1:16:24] | So we trigger our own roll down. | 所以我们触发我们自己的滚降。 |
[1:16:26] | Yeah, we have enough cash. | 是的,我们有足够的现金。 |
[1:16:27] | No. Why? | 没有,为什么? |
[1:16:29] | Because it’s not fair to the regular players. | 因为这对普通球员不公平。 |
[1:16:32] | He’s right. It’s not who we are. | 他是对的。这不是我们是谁。 |
[1:16:33] | But we’re so close. | 但我们太接近了。 |
[1:16:35] | I mean, downtown is back, the jazz fest is coming. | 我的意思是,市中心又回来了,爵士音乐节就要来了。 |
[1:16:37] | If we keep winning, we could actually hire somebody to play there. | 如果我们继续获胜,我们实际上可以雇个人在那里踢球。 |
[1:16:40] | You should get Steely Dan. | 你应该找铁石心肠的丹。 |
[1:16:41] | That is an amazing idea. We should get Steely Dan. | 这是一个惊人的想法。我们应该找钢铁丹。 |
[1:16:44] | We can’t win if we can’t play. | 如果我们不能比赛,我们就赢不了。 |
[1:16:46] | Well, this just sucks. | 好吧,这太糟糕了。 |
[1:16:47] | The lottery isn’t stopping us, but a bunch of college kids are? | 彩票并没有阻止我们,但一群大学生阻止了我们? |
[1:16:51] | Huh, that’s a good point. What is? I wasn’t making a point. | 嗯,这是一个很好的观点。是什么?我没说什么。 |
[1:16:54] | Why isn’t the lottery stopping them? | 为什么彩票不能阻止他们? |
[1:16:57] | It’s because they don’t care. | 那是因为他们不在乎。 |
[1:17:01] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:17:03] | That could be our answer. | 这可能是我们的答案。 |
[1:17:10] | Always happy to meet with our loyal players, Mr. and Mrs. Selbee. | 很高兴见到我们忠诚的球员,塞尔比先生和夫人。 |
[1:17:15] | Oh, please. “Jerry and Marge” is fine. | 哦,求你了。“杰瑞和玛吉”很好。 |
[1:17:19] | What can we help you with? | 我们能帮你做些什么? |
[1:17:20] | So here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的。 |
[1:17:21] | The state lottery was losing money a few years ago, | 几年前,州彩票亏损, |
[1:17:25] | and hardly anybody was winning the jackpot, | 几乎没有人中头奖, |
[1:17:28] | so Mega Millions ate your lunch. | 所以百万富翁吃了你的午餐。 |
[1:17:31] | Then along comes WinFall, and all that changes. | 然后是WinFall,一切都变了。 |
[1:17:35] | You folks made millions, | 你们赚了几百万, |
[1:17:37] | before you realized there was a flaw in the math. | 在你意识到数学有缺陷之前。 |
[1:17:42] | You probably panicked at first, | 一开始你可能很惊慌, |
[1:17:44] | because you knew that once everybody saw it, | 因为你知道一旦每个人都看到了, |
[1:17:47] | that the game would collapse. | 游戏会崩溃。 |
[1:17:50] | Except they didn’t see it. | 但他们没有看到。 |
[1:17:52] | Only me and a few kids from Harvard. | 只有我和几个哈佛的孩子。 |
[1:17:55] | Which meant that we were pushing millions into the game, | 这意味着我们在游戏中投入了数百万美元, |
[1:17:59] | and, boy, sent your profits through the roof. | 还有,孩子,把你的利润送上了屋顶。 |
[1:18:03] | So, all of a sudden, your mistake became your windfall. | 所以,突然间,你的错误成了你的意外之财。 |
[1:18:09] | I gave him that line. | 我给了他那句话。 |
[1:18:10] | Yeah, she sure did, and it’s a dandy. | 是的,她确实做了,而且是个花花公子。 |
[1:18:14] | So, what exactly do you want? | 那么,你到底想要什么? |
[1:18:16] | Transparency. | 透明度 |
[1:18:18] | We’d like the website to show the size of the jackpot. | 我们希望网站显示头奖的金额。 |
[1:18:23] | That prevents any group from forcing a roll down. | 这可以防止任何组强制回滚。 |
[1:18:28] | Makes it fair for anybody who plays. | 这对任何玩游戏的人都是公平的。 |
[1:18:31] | And we would like two machines at the Liquor Hut in Sunderland. | 我们想在桑德兰的酒屋买两台机器。 |
[1:18:36] | So we can be together. | 所以我们可以在一起。 |
[1:18:39] | These are our golden years. | 这是我们的黄金岁月。 |
[1:18:47] | We’ll take care of it. | 我们会处理好的。 |
[1:18:50] | Yeah, we’ll be making another play soon. | 是的,我们很快就要上演另一出戏了。 |
[1:18:53] | That’s great to hear. Yeah. Talk soon. | 很高兴听到你这么说。是 啊很快再谈。 |
[1:18:57] | He’s wants to bring in other partners from the firm. | 他想从公司引进其他合伙人。 |
[1:18:59] | Dude, we might not ever need a real job. | 伙计,我们可能永远都不需要真正的工作。 |
[1:19:00] | They posted the jackpot. What? | 他们发了头奖。什么 |
[1:19:02] | The lottery changed the website. You can track the jackpot online. | 彩票改变了网站。您可以在线跟踪jackpot。 |
[1:19:06] | We can’t roll it down anymore. | 我们不能再往下滚了。 |
[1:19:08] | Shit. Shit. | 倒霉。倒霉。 |
[1:19:11] | All right, let’s break this guy. | 好吧,让我们打破这个家伙。 |
[1:19:14] | He wants a war? We’ll give him one. | 他想要一场战争?我们会给他一个。 |
[1:19:24] | You want some nachos? Uh, no. | 你想吃玉米片吗?呃,没有。 |
[1:19:28] | Yeah, I’ll try some. | 是的,我来试试。 |
[1:19:32] | You know, I’m good. | 你知道,我很好。 |
[1:19:44] | Where is everyone? We’re supposed to be betting. | 大家都在哪里?我们应该下注。 |
[1:19:46] | Dude, it’s over. Nobody wants to do it anymore. | 伙计,结束了。没有人想再这样做了。 |
[1:19:50] | What? Why? We’re winning. | 什么为什么?我们赢了。 |
[1:19:52] | No. We’re assholes. | 不,我们是混蛋。 |
[1:19:54] | And that doesn’t work for anybody but you. | 除了你,这对任何人都不起作用。 |
[1:19:59] | Fine. I’ll do it on my own. | 好的我会自己做的。 |
[1:20:21] | It’s gonna be insane. | 这太疯狂了。 |
[1:20:23] | Crazy. | 疯子 |
[1:20:25] | I told you we should have… | 我告诉过你我们应该。。。 |
[1:20:27] | – Did you get the pretzels? – Yeah. | -你拿到椒盐卷饼了吗?-是 啊 |
[1:20:33] | This just came for you. Thank you. | 这是给你的。非常感谢。 |
[1:20:35] | Oh. Finally. | 哦最后 |
[1:20:38] | Paycheck? | 薪水? |
[1:20:39] | Like I’d get excited about that. | 好像我会为此感到兴奋。 |
[1:20:42] | No. State lottery commission. | 不,国家彩票委员会。 |
[1:20:45] | They don’t want to talk to me, | 他们不想和我说话, |
[1:20:47] | but anybody that wins above 60,000 is in the public record. | 但任何赢得60000以上奖金的人都会被列入公开记录。 |
[1:20:50] | You just have to submit a request. | 你只需要提交一个请求。 |
[1:20:52] | Which I did, for every drawing in the last six months. | 这是我在过去六个月里画的每一幅画。 |
[1:20:57] | Gerald Selbee, every three weeks. | 杰拉尔德·塞尔比,每三周一次。 |
[1:21:04] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯哼。 |
[1:21:06] | Tyler Langford. | 泰勒·朗福德。 |
[1:21:09] | Same drawings. | 相同的图纸。 |
[1:21:11] | There’s another one. | 还有一个。 |
[1:21:15] | Huh. | 呵呵。 |
[1:21:17] | Tyler Langford. Tyler Langford. | 泰勒·朗福德。泰勒·朗福德。 |
[1:21:21] | Okay, Tyler Langford, I see you. | 好吧Tyler Langford我看到你了。 |
[1:21:27] | Best euro I’ve ever spent. | 我花过的最好的一欧元。 |
[1:21:30] | Thanks, Raj. Thank you. | 谢谢Raj。非常感谢。 |
[1:21:32] | Okay, girl. | 好吧,女孩。 |
[1:21:38] | Darn! Whoa! | 该死!哇! |
[1:21:40] | Try one more time, sweetheart. | 再试一次,甜心。 |
[1:21:41] | Like a kangaroo. | 就像袋鼠一样。 |
[1:21:43] | Hey, would you hand me a 10 mil? Yeah. | 嘿,你能给我一千万吗?是 啊 |
[1:21:47] | Ten mil. | 1000万。 |
[1:21:49] | Here you go. Thank you. | 干得好。非常感谢。 |
[1:21:51] | You won’t even buy yourself a new truck? | 你甚至不给自己买辆新卡车? |
[1:21:53] | Nah. This one works. | 不。这个有效。 |
[1:21:54] | Does it? | 是吗? |
[1:21:56] | Not all the time. But I think that’s why I like it. | 不是所有的时候。但我想这就是我喜欢它的原因。 |
[1:21:59] | Hmm. | 隐马尔可夫模型。 |
[1:22:00] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[1:22:03] | I did buy this. | 我确实买了这个。 |
[1:22:10] | I counted nickels with you because it was something I understood. | 我和你一起数镍币,因为这是我能理解的。 |
[1:22:18] | I didn’t know a better way to spend time with you. | 我不知道还有什么更好的方式和你在一起。 |
[1:22:22] | I just knew that I wanted to. | 我只知道我想这么做。 |
[1:22:29] | You know how it works? | 你知道它是怎么工作的吗? |
[1:22:30] | Well, I assume you create spin, which gives it a third axis, | 好吧,我假设你创造了旋转,这给了它第三个轴, |
[1:22:35] | so that the wind can offset the gravity. | 这样风就能抵消重力。 |
[1:22:40] | Yeah, that’s it. Just like that. | 是的,就是这样。就这样。 |
[1:22:44] | Wanna test that theory? | 想验证这个理论吗? |
[1:22:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:22:47] | Fingers on the laces. Yeah. | 手指放在鞋带上。是 啊 |
[1:22:52] | Oh, well. Not bad. | 哦,好吧。不错。 |
[1:22:53] | I’ll work it out. I know you will. | 我会解决的。我知道你会的。 |
[1:22:57] | Oh, that’s it. Mr. Selbee? | 哦,就是这样。塞尔比先生? |
[1:23:01] | Maya Jordon. Boston Globe. | 玛雅·乔登。波士顿环球报。 |
[1:23:04] | I’d like to ask you some questions about GS Investment Strategies. | 我想问你一些关于GS投资策略的问题。 |
[1:23:10] | So, you and your wife count tickets in a hotel room for 11 days? | 那么,你和你妻子在酒店房间里数了11天的票? |
[1:23:17] | Yup. | 是的。 |
[1:23:20] | That’s so much work. | 那工作太多了。 |
[1:23:24] | Mmm. | 嗯。 |
[1:23:26] | It doesn’t seem like work. | 这看起来不像是工作。 |
[1:23:28] | I’ve worked all my life. | 我一生都在工作。 |
[1:23:31] | This is different. | 这是不同的。 |
[1:23:34] | This is very different. | 这是非常不同的。 |
[1:23:50] | You send it in yet? | 你送来了吗? |
[1:23:52] | They helped their entire town. | 他们帮助了整个城镇。 |
[1:23:55] | The flaw isn’t the story. | 问题并不是这个故事。 |
[1:23:57] | Well, this can’t be a puff piece. | 这可不是吹牛。 |
[1:24:00] | I need a headline. | 我需要一个标题。 |
[1:24:12] | Ah. | 啊。 |
[1:24:14] | well, we do well on this one, we won’t need the game anymore. | 嗯,我们在这方面做得很好,我们不再需要比赛了。 |
[1:24:19] | You know, I was thinking, | 我在想, |
[1:24:21] | if we’re going to have a fund for the town, | 如果我们要为这个镇设立一个基金, |
[1:24:23] | managing it, it’s gonna be a full-time job. | 管理它,这将是一份全职工作。 |
[1:24:26] | Well… | 好 |
[1:24:27] | Hey, you think we can get one of those offices downtown, like Steve’s? | 嘿,你觉得我们可以在市中心找一个像史蒂夫那样的办公室吗? |
[1:24:32] | What? | 什么 |
[1:24:34] | I already got us one right next to his. | 我已经在他的旁边找到了一个。 |
[1:24:36] | You did? Yes! | 是吗?对 |
[1:24:38] | In fact, his Corvette is actually in one of our parking spots. | 事实上,他的轻巡洋舰实际上在我们的一个停车位。 |
[1:24:41] | Well, we’ll have to take care of that. | 好吧,我们必须处理好这件事。 |
[1:24:43] | What? They’re moving out the WinFall machine. | 什么他们正在搬出WinFall机器。 |
[1:24:46] | Hey, hey! Hey. Hey! | 嘿,嘿!嘿嘿 |
[1:24:50] | Hey. Bill! Bill, what happened? | 嘿账单比尔,发生什么事了? |
[1:24:54] | The lottery suspended our license. | 彩票吊销了我们的执照。 |
[1:24:56] | Why? You didn’t see the article? | 为什么?你没有看到那篇文章? |
[1:25:02] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:25:12] | Hey, buddy. How’s school? Uh, Dad. | 嘿,伙计。学校怎么样?呃,爸爸。 |
[1:25:14] | What are you doing here? You’re famous. | 你在这里干什么?你很有名。 |
[1:25:18] | Great move, genius. | 太棒了,天才。 |
[1:25:20] | Let’s go. Pack up your stuff. You’re coming home. | 走吧。收拾好你的东西。你要回家了。 |
[1:25:24] | Now. | 现在 |
[1:25:28] | The high-volume betting groups discovered a flaw in the game | 高容量投注集团发现了游戏中的一个漏洞 |
[1:25:31] | and took advantage of it, to the tune of millions of dollars. | 并利用了它,达到了数百万美元。 |
[1:25:34] | Lottery officials expressed their surprise at the discovery | 彩票官员对这一发现表示惊讶 |
[1:25:37] | and announced they will phase out the game after tonight’s drawing. | 并宣布他们将在今晚抽签后逐步淘汰比赛。 |
[1:25:40] | Moving on to our next… | 继续我们的下一个。。。 |
[1:25:42] | The last roll down was today. You could’ve gotten your final win. | 最后一次是今天。你本可以获得最后的胜利。 |
[1:25:49] | Yes. But even if we found a place to bet, | 对但即使我们找到了打赌的地方, |
[1:25:53] | it wouldn’t have felt the same. | 那感觉就不一样了。 |
[1:25:59] | It was more than just a game to him. | 对他来说,这不仅仅是一场比赛。 |
[1:26:06] | He finally got to use his gift to connect to people. | 他终于可以利用自己的天赋与人沟通了。 |
[1:26:20] | Jerry! | 杰瑞! |
[1:26:22] | What? | 什么 |
[1:26:23] | The shareholders are having a meeting tonight | 股东们今晚要开会 |
[1:26:25] | and were wondering if you could stop by. | 我想知道你是否可以过来看看。 |
[1:26:27] | Are they upset? | 他们不高兴吗? |
[1:26:29] | If I told you that, you wouldn’t come. | 如果我告诉你,你就不会来了。 |
[1:26:34] | I tried to answer all their questions in the newsletter. | 我试图在新闻稿中回答他们所有的问题。 |
[1:26:36] | I don’t think they know how to open the newsletter. | 我认为他们不知道如何打开新闻稿。 |
[1:26:39] | Well, they don’t have to worry about anything. | 嗯,他们什么都不用担心。 |
[1:26:41] | We didn’t break any laws. | 我们没有违反任何法律。 |
[1:26:46] | Holy… It’s jazz fest? What? | 神圣的这是爵士音乐节?什么 |
[1:26:50] | – Jerry! Marge! – Huh. | -杰瑞!玛姬!-呵呵。 |
[1:26:53] | Yeah! | 是 啊 |
[1:26:59] | Come on! | 来吧 |
[1:27:00] | Let’s do this! | 让我们这样做吧! |
[1:27:07] | Yeah! Okay, right? | 是 啊好吧,对吧? |
[1:27:10] | Jer and Marge! | 杰尔和玛吉! |
[1:27:12] | How did you… We missed the final play. | 你怎么。。。我们错过了决赛。 |
[1:27:16] | Oh, no, we did not. | 哦,不,我们没有。 |
[1:27:17] | Yeah, everybody took a store, Dad. All across the state. | 是的,每个人都去了商店,爸爸。整个州。 |
[1:27:20] | We had a bus and everything. | 我们有一辆公共汽车,什么都有。 |
[1:27:22] | What? Oh. | 什么哦 |
[1:27:24] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不必那么做。 |
[1:27:25] | You did it for us. Why wouldn’t we do it for you? | 你是为我们做的。我们为什么不为你做呢? |
[1:27:27] | And don’t worry, we left you two the counting part. | 别担心,我们把计数的部分留给你们了。 |
[1:27:35] | Hey, Raj! | 嘿Raj! |
[1:27:37] | I would help, but, uh, I can’t count. | 我会帮忙的,但我数不清。 |
[1:27:39] | Yes, you can. I can count. I just don’t like to count. | 是的,你可以。我会数数。我只是不喜欢数数。 |
[1:27:43] | This town isn’t just a newspaper article, Jerry. It’s all of us. | 杰瑞,这个小镇不仅仅是一篇报纸文章。是我们所有人。 |
[1:27:46] | And you brought this town back from the dead | 你让这座城市死而复生 |
[1:27:49] | when nobody else could, because you don’t think we’re just numbers. | 当没有人能做到的时候,因为你不认为我们只是数字。 |
[1:27:55] | No. No. | 不,不。 |
[1:27:57] | You’re family. | 你是一家人。 |
[1:27:59] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们、先生们:, |
[1:28:00] | please put your hands together for Tori Kelly! | 请为Tori Kelly双手合十! |
[1:28:06] | Above you | 在你之上 |
[1:28:11] | To whisper “I love you…” | 轻声说“我爱你…” |
[1:28:16] | Shall we? | 让我们? |
[1:28:17] | It is jazz fest. | 这是爵士音乐节。 |
[1:28:19] | Sycamore tree | 悬铃木 |
[1:28:27] | And kiss me | 吻我 |
[1:28:32] | And tell me you’ll miss me | 告诉我你会想我的 |
[1:28:38] | As can be | 尽可能 |
[1:28:48] | But I linger on, dear… | 但我会继续,亲爱的。。。 |
[1:28:55] | Hey, Steve. Hey, Rhoda. | 嘿,史蒂夫。嘿,罗达。 |
[1:28:57] | Hey, you know, I’ve been working on that Eat, Pray, Love trip for you. | 嘿,你知道,我一直在为你准备吃、祈祷、爱的旅行。 |
[1:29:00] | I got some great rates. | 我有一些很好的价格。 |
[1:29:01] | Ooh. That’s exciting. Thank you. Yeah. | 哦。那太令人兴奋了。非常感谢。是 啊 |
[1:29:04] | Yeah, sure. | 是的,当然。 |
[1:29:06] | Um, do you want to dance? | 嗯,你想跳舞吗? |
[1:29:09] | Um, yeah. I mean, do you? | 嗯,是的。我是说,你呢? |
[1:29:13] | Yes. That’s why I asked. | 对这就是我问的原因。 |
[1:29:15] | Right. That does make sense. Yeah. | 正当这确实有道理。是 啊 |
[1:29:20] | Okay. | 可以 |
[1:29:21] | Whatever they be | 不管是什么 |
[1:29:25] | Of me… | 我的。。。 |
[1:29:31] | How badly do you want to go and just count all those tickets? | 你有多想去数一数那些票? |
[1:29:34] | Mmm. | 嗯。 |
[1:29:36] | It’s taking everything in me not to do it right now. | 我现在不做这件事,这让我很沮丧。 |
[1:29:39] | I’m going to miss it. Yeah, yeah. | 我会想念它的。是的,是的。 |
[1:29:43] | Me, too. | 我也是。 |
[1:29:46] | I kinda wish we’d won the jackpot. Just once. | 我有点希望我们中了头奖。就一次。 |
[1:29:52] | I won the jackpot before we ever started. | 在我们开始之前我就赢了头奖。 |
[1:29:55] | But I linger on, dear | 但我还在继续,亲爱的 |
[1:30:05] | Jerry and Marge dissolved our betting group | Jerry和Marge解散了我们的赌团 |
[1:30:08] | when the WinFall game was phased out. | 当WinFall游戏被淘汰的时候。 |
[1:30:11] | They used most of their lottery winnings to start a construction loan business | 他们用大部分彩票中奖来开办建筑贷款业务 |
[1:30:15] | for the town of Evart. | 为了埃瓦特镇。 |
[1:30:17] | Like many of their friends and neighbors, | 就像他们的许多朋友和邻居一样, |
[1:30:19] | they also put their children and grandchildren through school. | 他们还让他们的孩子和孙子孙女完成学业。 |
[1:30:24] | I myself invested in a very luxurious man cave. | 我自己投资了一个非常豪华的男子洞穴。 |
[1:30:28] | Whoo! Ah! | 哇哦!啊! |
[1:30:30] | Jerry did finally give in and buy himself a new truck, | 杰瑞终于屈服了,给自己买了一辆新卡车, |
[1:30:33] | which was actually slightly used, | 实际上使用得很少, |
[1:30:36] | because he calculated that was a smarter purchase. | 因为他认为这是更明智的购买。 |
[1:30:39] | And he would know. | 他会知道的。 |
[1:30:40] | His lottery calculation won a grand total of $27 million. | 他的彩票计算总共赢得了2700万美元。 |
[1:30:47] | Okay, let’s go count. | 好吧,我们数一数。 |
[1:30:58] | He made how much? | 他赚了多少钱? |