时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | “Battle.” “Fight.” | “斗争” “战斗” |
[00:06] | “Win.” “Lose.” | “赢” “输” |
[00:10] | These are the words we use | 当有人患上疾病 |
[00:11] | when someone is diagnosed with an illness or a disease. | 这些是我们常说的词 |
[00:37] | We use militarized language | 我们使用军事词语 |
[00:38] | that implies it’s a fair fight. | 让这情况看起来是势均力敌 |
[00:46] | God grant me the serenity | 上帝赐我平和 |
[00:49] | to accept the things I cannot change, | 去接受我无法改变之事 |
[00:52] | the courage to change the things I can, | 赐我勇气去改变可行之事 |
[00:55] | and the wisdom to know the difference. | 赐我智慧去辨识两者之区别 |
[00:57] | But when it comes to life and death, | 但事关生死之时 |
[00:59] | what does winning really look like? | 什么才叫做胜利 |
[01:01] | Is a person a loser for dying | 是不是一个人死了就是输 |
[01:03] | when the outcome isn’t really in their control… | 但结果并非是病人能控制 |
[01:06] | Oh. Damn it. | 我去 |
[01:07] | If any patients see you like that, | 如果病患看你这样 |
[01:09] | they might go to another hospital. | 他们可能会换家医院 |
[01:10] | Always gets me in the mood. | 还是你懂我 |
[01:11] | Plus, you know, I’m seeing what daylight feels like | 我还想在有机会的时候 |
[01:13] | while I still can. | 感受一下日光 |
[01:15] | How’s Catherine? | 凯瑟琳怎么样 |
[01:16] | She’s ready. | 她准备好了 |
[01:17] | And you? | 你呢 |
[01:20] | Ah. | 啊 |
[01:22] | Funny bone. Not as easy as it looks. | 肘关节 看起来容易 弄起来难 |
[01:26] | Okay, then. I have real patients, | 好吧 我还有真正的病人要看 |
[01:28] | so, you know, good luck with…all this. | 祝你一切好运 |
[01:34] | I’m messing with you. | 逗你玩呢 |
[01:36] | You’re gonna do great. You and Amelia. | 你们合作很棒 你和阿米莉亚 |
[01:39] | You’re ready. – | 你准备好了 |
[01:41] | Charley horse. | 抽筋了 |
[01:50] | There he is. Thought you might need this. | 你来了 要喝一杯吗 |
[01:52] | Oh. No, thanks. But I’m — I’m good. | 不了 谢谢 不需要 |
[01:54] | I’m running late for Catherine’s scans. | 我赶去看凯瑟琳的片子 |
[01:56] | Okay, well, I have cleared all my surgeries today | 好的 我今天没手术 |
[01:58] | and shored up child care, | 看孩子的保姆也找好了 |
[01:59] | so I’m here for you, whatever you need, | 我随时陪着你 |
[02:00] | – whenever you need it. – Like I said, I’m good. | -有什么需要跟我说 -我说了 没问题 |
[02:03] | Okay, Richard, – it’s gonna be a very long day. | 理查德 今天会很难熬 |
[02:06] | Look, Meredith, I have plenty of doctors | 梅瑞狄斯 我有专业医疗团队 |
[02:09] | and plenty of friends looking out for me. | 还有很多朋友帮助我 |
[02:11] | You know who doesn’t? Your father. | 你知道谁没有这些吗 你的父亲 |
[02:15] | Molly had to get back to Bahrain with her kids. | 莫莉得回巴林去照顾孩子 |
[02:17] | He’s all alone. | 他孤身一人 |
[02:18] | And I will make time to see Thatcher this week, | 我这周会抽空去见撒切尔 |
[02:20] | but today is all about you and Catherine. | 但今天事关你和凯瑟琳 |
[02:22] | Meredith, Thatcher may not have a week. | 梅瑞狄斯 撒切尔可能连这周都活不了 |
[02:26] | Now, I know it’s never been easy between you two, | 我知道你们关系一直不好 |
[02:28] | but the time to change that is running out. | 但现在趁着还有点时间 你们该和好了 |
[02:32] | Excuse me. | 我先走了 |
[02:47] | Oh, I’m sorry I missed your scan. | 抱歉没赶上看你的片子 |
[02:50] | Oh, please. I went in. I came out. | 少来吧 我进去 我出来 |
[02:53] | Same as the first million times. | 跟之前上百次都一样 |
[02:54] | Well, I could have been there for you. | 我该在那陪你 |
[02:56] | You had a good excuse. | 你有重要的事要做呀 |
[02:58] | There’s my girl! | 小宝贝来啦 |
[03:02] | There’s my girl! | 小宝贝来啦 |
[03:04] | Let me get her for you. Relax. | 我抱她给你 你歇着 |
[03:06] | Do you want to go to Grandma? | 想让奶奶抱抱吗 |
[03:07] | Say, “Hi, Grandma.” “Hi, Grandma.” | 叫奶奶好 奶奶好 |
[03:10] | Hey! Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 |
[03:12] | Did Koracick re-check the CT angio? | 卡洛西科确认了CT血管造影了吗 |
[03:14] | Yes, and please stop. | 是的 不要这样 |
[03:16] | I appreciate both of you wanting to be a part of this, | 感谢你俩都想参与我的治疗 |
[03:18] | but I have a crackerjack neuro team. | 但我已经有个顶尖的神经科医生团队 |
[03:21] | I need you to be my husband and my son today. | 今天你们是我丈夫和儿子 |
[03:24] | And we need you to be our patient. | 而你只是我们的病人 |
[03:27] | Thomas, you’re getting ready to cut open my spine. | 托马斯 你准备好了给我手术 |
[03:29] | I will be whatever I want. | 我做什么都可以 |
[03:31] | Oh. Music to my ears. | 这话说得好 |
[03:33] | Now, we will go in posteriorly | 我们会从后部进入 |
[03:35] | with our stealth system | 利用我们的隐形系统 |
[03:36] | and our newly pilfered ORBEYE scope. | 和无形灵敏ORBEYE显微镜 |
[03:39] | The plan is to go in and remove it en bloc. | 计划是进去全部切除 |
[03:42] | And you really think that posteriorly | 你觉得后部进入 |
[03:44] | is the way to go? | 真的可以吗 |
[03:44] | Oh, it is fun to have so many surgeons in one family. | 一家子都是医生真有意思 |
[03:47] | Remind me, Avery — | 提醒一下我 艾弗里 |
[03:48] | when did you become – double board certified in neuro? | 你什么时候拿了神经科医生认证了 |
[03:50] | That’s really how you talk to your patient’s family? | 你真就这样对病人家属说话的 |
[03:52] | It is, actually. | 是的啊 |
[03:56] | We need to go in posteriorly | 我们从后部进入 |
[03:58] | to avoid the carotid and the jugular, | 是为了避免伤到劲动脉和静脉 |
[04:00] | and to avoid having to weave through the brachial plexus. | 避免穿过臂丛复杂的血管 |
[04:02] | Look, I know how hard it is to be on the bench, | 我知道干等很痛苦 |
[04:05] | but we are the A-Team. And we don’t lose. | 我们是顶尖团队 我们不会输 |
[04:07] | Just ask Shepherd’s tumor. Oh, wait, you can’t. | 你问问夏博德的肿瘤 不 你问不到 |
[04:10] | Because I removed it. Flawlessly. | 因为我已经完美切除了 |
[04:12] | Okay, any last questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[04:14] | Um…it looks like you’ve got this. | 看起来你胸有成竹 |
[04:17] | We do. | 是的 |
[04:22] | I’m good. | 我没问题 |
[04:23] | But, you know, I-I um… | 但 我想 |
[04:25] | I think I’d like to just take a little walk | 我想去散散步 |
[04:30] | before we get started. | 在我们开始之前 |
[04:32] | -I’d be happy to — Oh, no, honey. | -我很乐意 -不了 亲爱的 |
[04:34] | I want to go alone. | 我想一个人 |
[04:37] | Okay, then, but no guarantees | 行 但我不能保证 |
[04:38] | I won’t watch you walk away. | 我不会目送你走远 |
[04:40] | You always do. | 你总是这样 |
[05:18] | Hi. I’m — | 你好 我是 |
[05:19] | Meredith? | 梅瑞狄斯 |
[05:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:22] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:22] | You look just like your picture. | 简直和照片上一模一样 |
[05:26] | You’re the surgeon, right? | 外科医生 对吗 |
[05:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:31] | Uh, do you want to come in? | 你要进来吗 |
[05:34] | That’s a loaded question. | 这个问题可真是意味深长 |
[05:45] | I’m not sure if he’s awake. | 我不太确定他是否醒着 |
[05:46] | He sleeps more and more these days | 这些天他睡得越来越久了 |
[05:48] | as you can imagine. | 你也知道的 |
[05:50] | Uh, can I get you something? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[05:52] | Water? Gin, maybe? | 水 还是杜松子酒 |
[05:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | Thatcher? You have a visitor. | 撒切尔 有人来看你了 |
[06:11] | Meredith! | 梅瑞狄斯 |
[06:15] | Hi… | 嗨 |
[06:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:22] | He’s not on any pain meds. Clean and sober. | 他没有吃任何镇痛药 人很清醒 |
[06:25] | His wishes. | 这是他的愿望 |
[06:26] | So, just the oxygen, if he needs it. | 只是偶尔吸一下氧 如果他有需要 |
[06:27] | But you know how that works. | 你知道如何操作 |
[06:29] | I do. | 我知道 |
[06:31] | Well, I’ll leave you to it. | 那我就不打扰你们了 |
[06:32] | My cellphone number is on the fridge. | 我的电话在冰箱上 |
[06:34] | If you need anything, give me a call. | 如果有任何需要 打电话给我 |
[06:48] | I probably can’t stay very long. | 我可能呆不了多久 |
[06:51] | I just… | 我只是 |
[06:56] | There’s so much to say, I-I… | 有好多想说的 我 |
[06:58] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么 |
[07:02] | I didn’t come here to say anything | 我来并不是为了说什么 |
[07:04] | or to hear you say anything to me, so… | 或者听你对我说什么 所以 |
[07:06] | we can just sit, if that’s okay. | 如果可以的话 一起坐坐就好 |
[07:08] | Okay. | 行 |
[07:43] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[07:45] | I was looking for you. | 我在到处找你呢 |
[07:51] | You know I give Amelia and Koracick a hard time, | 你知道这段时间我让艾米丽娅和卡洛西科过得不好 |
[07:53] | but they’re the best. | 但他们已经是最好的医生了 |
[07:55] | I was thinking about my first surgery. | 我在想我的第一台手术 |
[07:58] | The very first time I held a scalpel in my hand. | 第一次将手术刀握在手上的那一刻 |
[08:01] | It was a simple lipoma, but I was terrified. | 那是一台非常简单的脂肪瘤 但我却很害怕 |
[08:05] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[08:06] | I expected to feel so powerful, invincible. | 我以为自己内心会很强大 所向披靡 |
[08:09] | But the second that scrub nurse | 但手术室的护士将那把10号手术刀 |
[08:10] | put that 10 blade in my hand, | 递给我的时候 |
[08:13] | I went ice cold. | 我的心是冰凉的 |
[08:14] | Okay, so then what did you do? | 那后来你是怎么做的 |
[08:17] | Diana Ross. – “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.” | 戴安娜·罗斯的那首“爱比山高” |
[08:20] | The first time I heard that song, | 我第一次听那首歌的时候 |
[08:22] | it just filled me with joy and such calm… | 内心有说不出的满足与冷静 |
[08:25] | so I just sang it | 于是我就唱了出来 |
[08:26] | over and over and over in my head, in that O.R., | 一遍又一遍 在我的脑海里 在那间手术室里 |
[08:29] | until that same sense of calm and joy washed over me. | 直到同样的冷静与满足再次充满我的身体 |
[08:33] | And it’s been my secret weapon | 从那时起 这就是我 |
[08:34] | for everything that’s ever scared me — | 面对所有令我害怕的事物的秘密武器 |
[08:37] | my first surgery. | 我的第一台手术 |
[08:38] | Labor with you, it was on an endless loop. | 生产你的时候 脑海中无限循环 |
[08:42] | Every PET scan, every MRI. | 每一次PET扫描 每一次核磁共振 |
[08:48] | I remember you singing that song in the kitchen | 我还记得我在做作业时 |
[08:50] | when I was doing my homework. | 你在厨房里哼这首歌 |
[08:51] | You told me it was old people music. | 你还嫌弃那是老人家听的音乐呢 |
[08:54] | You wanted Michael Jackson. | 你想听迈克尔·杰克逊 |
[08:55] | I love me some Michael. | 我爱我的迈克尔 |
[08:56] | I had to pry that – red leather jacket off of you | 每天晚上我得把那件红皮衣从你身上 |
[08:59] | -to get you to go to bed at night. -Ah, that’s true. | -拔下来才能让你上床睡觉 -这是真的 |
[09:04] | I guess I used to do the same thing. | 我想我过去也是这样做的 |
[09:06] | My first surgery, I sang a song in my head. | 第一台手术 我在脑海里唱了一首歌 |
[09:09] | -I mean, it calmed me, you know? -I know. | -它在呼唤我 你知道吗 -我知道 |
[09:12] | I watched you. | 当时我看着你呢 |
[09:14] | My first — How did you watch? | 我第一台 你怎么看的 |
[09:16] | Child, please. I am Catherine Fox. | 孩子 拜托 我可是凯瑟琳·福克斯 |
[09:18] | Do you think there’s a world | 你觉得我怎么可能会 |
[09:19] | where I wouldn’t sneak into the gallery | 不偷偷地溜进观摩室 |
[09:21] | of my baby’s first surgery? | 去看看我的宝贝的第一台手术 |
[09:23] | Oh, you were a sight to see… | 你的手术就像场表演 |
[09:27] | I bet Harriet does the same thing someday. | 我赌哈瑞特以后也会这么做 |
[09:30] | Well, I’ll be sneaking up into the gallery with you, then. | 那到时候我就和你一块儿溜进观摩室 |
[09:35] | Deal. | 一言为定 |
[09:37] | That’s a deal. | 一言为定 |
[09:40] | Now, can we please get you to your room? | 现在可以进手术室了吗 |
[09:43] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[09:45] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[09:46] | I left the foundation in your name, | 我把基金会转到你名下了 |
[09:48] | just in case anything happens to me. | 防止有什么意外发生 |
[09:50] | Cecilia runs the day-to-day operations, | 塞西莉亚会管理基金会的日常工作 |
[09:52] | Charlie keeps the books humming, | 查理负责账目 |
[09:53] | but they’ll need a leader, a North Star. | 但他们需要一个领导者 一颗北极星 |
[09:57] | And in the event that I’m left totally paralyzed — | 假如我完全瘫痪了 |
[09:59] | Mom, even if you can’t operate, | 妈 就算你不能做手术 |
[10:00] | you’re still gonna run the foundation, okay? | 你还是得管理基金会 好吗 |
[10:02] | You’ll teach. | 你可以教书 |
[10:02] | You’re Catherine Fox. What are you gonna do? | 你是凯瑟琳·福克斯 你还能干什么 |
[10:05] | You’re gonna be all up in my business and everybody else’s. | 你会掺和我和所有人的事 |
[10:07] | We both know you’re gonna find a way to do that. | 我们都知道你肯定会找到方法的 |
[10:08] | – Keep this. – Turn the page. | -留着吧 -翻页 |
[10:10] | – I’ve already — – Turn the page. | -我已经 -翻页 |
[10:15] | You planned your own party? | 你策划了自己的派对 |
[10:17] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:17] | If I get out of this alive, the fun we’re gonna have — | 如果我能活着出来 我们就能举杯狂欢 |
[10:20] | and don’t you even think about scrimping on those egg rolls. | 你可别想拿走那些蛋卷 |
[10:22] | You know they’re my favorite. | 你知道那是我的最爱 |
[10:24] | You really planned everything. | 你真的计划了一切 |
[10:28] | I always do. | 我向来如此 |
[10:31] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[10:33] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[10:42] | Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. | 津巴布韦的维多利亚瀑布 |
[10:45] | Phillip put these everywhere for me. | 菲利普为了我把这些摆地到处都是 |
[10:48] | He said it’s supposed to be soothing. | 他说这能让我得以慰藉 |
[10:51] | Truth be told, | 但说实话 |
[10:52] | it just makes me miss it more. | 只让我更加想念那里 |
[10:55] | A few years back, a student told me about | 几年前 一个学生告诉我 |
[10:57] | a semester he took abroad building schools. | 他花了一个学期在国外建造学校 |
[11:01] | Lexie was gone, and I thought I could either | 莱西走了 我就想自己可以 |
[11:06] | drown my grief in a bottle of Scotch | 借威士忌消化我的悲伤 |
[11:07] | or do something. So I did something. | 或干点什么 所以我选了后者 |
[11:13] | In Zimbabwe. | 在津巴布韦 |
[11:15] | The sunsets, Meredith… and the quiet. | 那些日落 梅瑞狄斯 还有宁静 |
[11:19] | The people that I met, they have this passion for life, | 我遇见的人对生活都充满热情 |
[11:22] | loving, learning… | 友爱 好学 |
[11:30] | And then you got sick. | 然后你病了 |
[11:33] | I thought I’d just come home, | 我想我就先回家 |
[11:35] | do whatever treatment I needed to do, | 接受需要的治疗 |
[11:36] | and then go back, but… It was good. Coming home. | 然后再回去 但是 回家挺好的 |
[11:40] | It gave me a chance to — It was the right thing to do. | 给我一个机会 这是个正确的决定 |
[11:48] | You went and got a whole new life. | 你去了那里获得了全新的生活 |
[11:50] | I did. | 没错 |
[11:54] | I’m glad for you. | 我为你感到高兴 |
[11:55] | I’m glad you saw sunsets | 我很高兴你看到了日落 |
[11:57] | and built schools for people who needed them and you stayed sober. | 为那些有需要的人建立了学校 还留了下来 |
[12:00] | You went and got a whole new life. | 你去了那里获得了全新的生活 |
[12:02] | Halfway across the world this time. | 这一次隔了大半个地球 |
[12:07] | But you didn’t give a damn | 但你一点也不在乎 |
[12:07] | about the people you left behind. | 你抛在背后的人 |
[12:14] | Say it again. | 再说一次 |
[12:15] | We make an incision posteriorly from C3 to T4, | 我们从脊椎C3处到胸椎T4处开个切口 |
[12:18] | and then use the stealth probe | 然后用探测仪 |
[12:19] | to mark the coordinates of the tumor. | 标记肿瘤的坐标 |
[12:21] | And then do partial laminectomies | 然后实施部分椎板切除术 |
[12:22] | to access the tumor and remove it en bloc. | 为暴露肿瘤并全部切除 |
[12:25] | Perfect. Brilliant. | 完美 聪明绝顶 |
[12:27] | We are incredible. | 我们实在太棒了 |
[12:28] | Someone should really do a study on us. | 真该有人来采访我们 |
[12:32] | Okay, say it. | 好吧 说吧 |
[12:34] | What? Wh– Oh. No. | 什么 不不 |
[12:36] | Ha ha! I’m good. | 我没事 |
[12:38] | Good, good, good, good. Big Gun. | 好好好 我是大人物 |
[12:41] | Ready to Big Gun the crap out of this tumor. | 准备好以大人物的风范切除这个肿瘤 |
[12:45] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[12:46] | – Even my arrogance is off. – Right? | -我的嚣张气焰都灭了 -对吧 |
[12:49] | Right. | 对 |
[12:50] | W-What if we try, uh, your thing? | 那不如我们试试你的方法 |
[12:52] | You know, the — the word-vomit and the feelings? | 你懂的 就是那个说一堆话表达感情 |
[12:55] | That seems to work. For you. | 那看起来对你挺管用 |
[12:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:59] | You — you first. | 你 你先来 |
[13:02] | This is the largest tumor I’ve ever seen | 这是我见过最大的肿瘤 |
[13:04] | on the biggest legend I’ve ever known, | 还长在我认识的最牛逼的医生身上 |
[13:06] | and if I screw this up, I’m gonna have to live out | 如果我搞砸了 那我余下的外科职业生涯 |
[13:08] | the rest of my ill-fated surgical career | 就会变得命途多舛 |
[13:09] | fixing idiot teenagers | 只能治疗堪萨斯劳伦斯 |
[13:10] | who get hurt cow-tipping in Lawrence, Kansas, | 因为推奶牛而受伤的青春期蠢蛋们 |
[13:11] | ’cause I can’t look Richard in the eye | 因为我把理查德的传奇妻子 |
[13:12] | knowing I gorked his legend wife. | 弄成了植物人后我无法直视他 |
[13:15] | That is specific. | 这真是非常具体 |
[13:16] | – Well… – I’m saying, | -好吧 -我是说 |
[13:17] | – how do you get hurt cow-tipping? – It’s a thing. | -推奶牛怎么也能受伤 -这事经常发生 |
[13:20] | Just…You. Go. | 你就…到你了 说吧 |
[13:22] | Uh, Catherine Fox is an icon, and a magician, | 凯瑟琳·福克斯是个传奇 一位魔术师 |
[13:25] | and a giant among men — | 男人中的巨人 |
[13:26] | and not just for the reasons you think. | 而且不仅仅是你认为的那个原因 |
[13:28] | She’s saved more penises in her O.R. | 她在手术室里拯救的阴茎 |
[13:30] | than any surgeon on the planet. | 比全世界其他外科医生都多 |
[13:31] | And all I keep imagining | 然后我不停地在想 |
[13:32] | are the dozens of men with zero-functioning penises, | 如果我搞砸了这个手术 那几十个男人就会 |
[13:34] | doomed to live out their sexless lives | 带着无法勃起的阴茎 |
[13:36] | if I botch this surgery. | 注定一辈子没有性生活 |
[13:38] | That’s what you’re worried about? | 你担心的就是这个 |
[13:40] | Men and their junk? | 男人和他们的老二 |
[13:42] | That, and if I lose her… | 这个 还有如果我没治好她 |
[13:46] | I’ve lost enough. | 我失去的够多了 |
[13:49] | So let’s keep her alive. | 我们来救她 |
[13:53] | Let’s keep her alive. | 我们来救她 |
[14:08] | I told them I didn’t need a personal escort | 我告诉他们我不需要个人护送 |
[14:10] | to my own surgery. | 来参加我自己的手术 |
[14:13] | Well, that’s just making sure | 我们只是为了确定 |
[14:14] | you don’t make a break for it. | 你不会临阵脱逃 |
[14:16] | Thomas, make sure that I wake up | 托马斯 你要确保我醒来的时候 |
[14:17] | with good motor and nerve function. | 运动和神经功能一切正常 |
[14:20] | And don’t forget to get clean margins. | 有病变的地方也一起去除 |
[14:24] | I wouldn’t dream of it. | 我想都没想过 |
[14:25] | And would you tell my husband | 你可以告诉我老公 |
[14:26] | he does not have to sit up in that gallery all day? | 不用在上面一直坐着等吗 |
[14:29] | “For better, for worse” | “不论顺境逆境” |
[14:29] | does not include seeing your wife’s insides. | 可不包括看见你老婆的内脏 |
[14:32] | You know, you wouldn’t be you | 要是你每天不对我们颐指气使 |
[14:33] | if you weren’t bossing us all around | 直到最后一刻 |
[14:35] | up until the last second. | 那就不是你了 |
[14:38] | You nervous? | 紧张吗 |
[14:40] | Were you? | 你呢 |
[14:41] | A little bit. But I turned out just fine. | 有点 但我现在也放松下来了 |
[14:45] | That’s because I was perfect, | 那是因为我是医科圣手 |
[14:46] | which I’m willing to be again. | 我也愿意再次大显神通 |
[14:48] | Well, you better be. | 最好是这样 |
[14:49] | Oh, Richard, I always liked you. | 理查德 我一直都喜欢你 |
[14:51] | No, you didn’t. | 你才没有 |
[14:52] | And I’m fine as long as she’s fine. | 只要她没事 我就没事 |
[14:53] | Okay, okay, can I have a minute with my husband, please? | 好吧 我能和我老公单独说几句吗 |
[15:15] | I will see you… when I wake up. | 等我醒来的时候 就能看见你了 |
[15:20] | Jackson? | 杰克森 |
[15:21] | Where’s Jackson? | 杰克森在哪 |
[15:24] | One for the road? | 手术前再来一曲吗 |
[15:26] | Oh, ha ha! My baby! | 哈哈 小可爱 |
[16:41] | Just like that, we are ready to navigate. | 就这样 我们可以准备操作了 |
[16:44] | Don’t you want to confirm the accuracy first? | 不是该先确认一下精确度吗 |
[16:47] | Oh, what would I do without someone here | 要是没有人提醒我该做这些显而易见的事 |
[16:48] | to remind me of the obvious? | 我该怎么办呀 |
[16:50] | I’m just saying, maybe a little less music, | 我是说能不能少放点音乐 |
[16:53] | a little more concentration. | 再集中一下注意力 |
[16:55] | *All you want to do is ride around, Sally* | *你所要做的一切就是开着莎莉兜风* |
[16:59] | *Ride, Sally, ride Whoo!* | *莎莉开动 莎莉开动* |
[17:03] | This is going to be a long day. | 今天肯定是漫长的一天 |
[17:05] | And you are gonna love every minute of it. | 你会爱上今天的每一分钟 |
[17:10] | We’re gonna get down in there. | 要下刀了 |
[17:11] | Get down and dirt. Here we go. | 看看里面什么情况 开始 |
[17:20] | *All you want to do is ride around, Sally Ride, Sally, ride* | *你所要做的一切就是开着莎莉兜风 莎莉开动* |
[17:24] | Mind if I join you? | 我和你们一起等着行吗 |
[17:27] | I’d like that. | 当然 |
[17:34] | How’s the resection going? | 手术情况如何 |
[17:35] | So far so good. | 目前一切正常 |
[17:37] | Come on. Let it loose. Let it out. | 放松一点 释放出来 |
[17:39] | Are you sure you don’t want to be in the waiting room? | 你们真的不想在等候室里等着吗 |
[17:41] | I can watch, and I can report back to you guys. | 我可以看着手术 然后随时向你们汇报 |
[17:43] | – No, I’m fine right where I am. – I-I’m good. | -不 我就想在这 -我也是 |
[17:49] | Do it with me. Come on, now. | 和我一起 就现在 |
[17:51] | You’re mad. | 你生气了 |
[17:53] | I’m not mad. | 我没有 |
[17:54] | Meredith… | 梅瑞狄斯… |
[17:57] | Fine. I’m mad. | 好吧 我是很生气 |
[17:58] | Because I moved away. | 因为我搬家了 |
[18:00] | Because you ran away. | 是因为你逃跑了 |
[18:02] | Because you have never fought for anyone or anything | 因为你从来没有为你在乎的 |
[18:05] | that you cared for in your life. | 任何人或事努力过 |
[18:08] | You just disappear. | 你直接消失了 |
[18:10] | When I gave you a piece of my liver, | 我捐肝给你的时候 |
[18:12] | you said we would try, right? | 你说过你会尝试的 对吗 |
[18:14] | You said we could get to know each other. | 你说我们可以认识彼此 |
[18:16] | You didn’t try. You didn’t fight. | 你根本没有试 没有努力过 |
[18:19] | And when Lexie died — | 莱西去世的时候… |
[18:20] | – I know. I know. – No, you don’t know, | -我知道 -不 你不知道 |
[18:22] | because you weren’t here. | 因为你根本不在 |
[18:23] | I lost my sister. I lost my husband. | 我失去了妹妹 失去了丈夫 |
[18:27] | And you were nowhere to be found. | 但你却根本没有出现过 |
[18:28] | That’s not — | 这不… |
[18:29] | Meredith, I was there after Derek died. | 梅瑞狄斯 德里克死的时候我在 |
[18:33] | No, why would you say something like that? | 你不在 你为什么这么说 |
[18:34] | Because it’s the truth, Meredith. | 梅瑞狄斯 我真的在 |
[18:36] | Richard told me Derek died. I bought a ticket. | 理查德告诉我德里克死了 我买了机票 |
[18:38] | I flew all day, all night. | 飞了一天一夜 |
[18:39] | I got to the funeral just — just in time. | 到的时候刚好赶上葬礼 |
[18:42] | I stood a few rows back. | 我站在后面几排 |
[18:43] | Next to some of your doctor friends from the hospital. | 在你的医生朋友们旁边 |
[18:47] | I would remember – if you were at his funeral. | 如果你去他的葬礼了…我会记得的 |
[18:50] | I was there, Meredith. | 我去了的 梅瑞狄斯 |
[18:51] | But you were barely there. You were a ghost. | 但你不在 你就是个幽灵 |
[18:54] | You looked like me when I lost Susan and Lexie. | 你就像失去苏珊和莱克西那时候的我 |
[18:57] | Are you saying you came to the funeral | 你是说你去了葬礼 |
[18:58] | and didn’t speak to me? | 却没跟我说话吗 |
[19:00] | I felt like it would — would have been for me, | 我以为那 那是为了我自己 |
[19:02] | not — not — not — | 不 不 不是 |
[19:05] | for — for you. | 为了 为了你 |
[19:10] | Let’s get you to the bed. | 我扶你上床吧 |
[19:33] | I came home, Meredith. For you. | 我回来了 梅瑞狄斯 为了你 |
[19:49] | This microscope is a game changer. | 这显微镜就改变了局面 |
[19:51] | I know. I feel like I could just walk into the screen | 我感觉我可以走进屏幕 |
[19:53] | and surf on the spinal cord. | 在脊椎上冲浪了 |
[19:55] | *Never for money, always for love* | *不是为了钱 总是为了爱* |
[19:59] | *Cover up and say goodnight* | *盖上被子说晚安* |
[20:02] | *Say goodnight* | *说晚安* |
[20:04] | All right… | 好吧 |
[20:05] | It looks like we are clear to remove the tumor en bloc. | 看来我们可以将肿瘤整块切除 |
[20:11] | Except — hang on. | 只是 等等 |
[20:15] | I can’t get it free. | 我取不出来 |
[20:16] | Okay, then. Time to suck and pluck. | 好吧 那是时候先吸再扯了 |
[20:18] | – I’m sorry, what? – The tumor’s like a grape. | -你说什么 –肿瘤就像颗葡萄 |
[20:19] | You suck out the inside, then you pluck out the skin. | 你把里面吸出来 就可以把皮扯了 |
[20:21] | Suck and pluck. | 先吸再扯 |
[20:22] | – Could you call it something else? – Like what? | -你就不能换种说法吗 -说什么 |
[20:24] | Literally anything else. | 随便什么都可以 |
[20:29] | I hate this dude. | 我讨厌这家伙 |
[20:31] | – Jackson, sit. – No, I hate him. For real. | -杰克森 坐 -不 我讨厌他 真心的 |
[20:33] | I want to jump through this glass | 我想跳出这扇玻璃 |
[20:33] | and just, like, choke him out. | 就 掐死他 |
[20:35] | He is bopping. | 他在跳舞 |
[20:36] | He’s bopping over my mom’s spine. | 他在我妈妈的脊椎旁跳舞 |
[20:38] | – I mean, who does that? – Maybe you should take a walk. | -谁会做这种事 -或许你该出去走走 |
[20:40] | I’m gonna take a walk now. | 我马上就走 |
[20:47] | Richard, this can’t be good for you either. | 理查德 这对你也不好受 |
[20:52] | The first year or so – Catherine and I were together, | 凯瑟琳和我在一起的第一年 |
[20:54] | we figured out how to make the long distance work | 我们想办法克服了远距离 |
[20:56] | because we’d promise to show up | 因为我们承诺 不管什么时候 以何种方式 |
[20:58] | whenever we needed, however we needed. | 只要对方有需求 我们都会出现 |
[21:01] | It’s what you do for the people you love. | 为所爱之人就该如此 |
[21:04] | She may fuss, | 她可能会慌乱 |
[21:05] | but I don’t need to ask her where she wants me to be. | 但我不需要问她想让我在哪里 |
[21:10] | I’m already here. | 我已经在这里了 |
[21:14] | Are you okay if I — | 你介意我 |
[21:15] | It’s fine. Go. | 没关系 去吧 |
[21:28] | You gonna lecture me, too, on how I shouldn’t be here? | 你又要说教了吗 说我不该在这里 |
[21:31] | You shouldn’t be. | 你确实不该 |
[21:34] | But that’s not my call. | 但不是我能决定的 |
[21:37] | It’s not decompressing. | 这没有减压 |
[21:38] | What do you mean it’s not decompressing? | 什么叫这没有减压 |
[21:39] | It’s too dense, like it’s made of — | 太紧了 材质就像是 |
[21:41] | I don’t know what — cartilage, | 我不知道 软骨 |
[21:42] | small chips of hard calcifications. | 坚硬的小片钙化物 |
[21:45] | Damn it. I can’t get it either. | 该死 我也拿不出来 |
[21:47] | Kill the music. | 把音乐关了 |
[21:53] | We need to go in from the front. | 我们要从正面进入 |
[21:56] | Her spine is open. | 她脊椎已经暴露了 |
[21:57] | It’s all exposed. | 都暴露在外了 |
[21:58] | If we move her, | 如果我们移动她 |
[21:58] | we risk losing function in her forearm and hand. | 我们可能会失去她前臂和手部功能 |
[22:01] | It’s the only way. | 只有这个方法了 |
[22:03] | Okay, well, let me ask you one question first — | 让我先问你一个问题 |
[22:06] | Are you insane? | 你是疯了吗 |
[22:07] | We close up the incision. | 我们先将切口缝合 |
[22:08] | We flip her onto her side. I go in from the front. | 把她翻过来 我从正面进入 |
[22:09] | We meet in the middle to decompress and unearth this thing. | 我们在中间见 缓解压力 取出这个东西 |
[22:11] | So the answer is yes, you are insane. | 所以回答是 没错 你是疯了 |
[22:13] | We’ll get a few more people in here, we can flip her. | 我们叫一些人进来 一起翻转她 |
[22:14] | And keep her still and not sever her spine? | 保持她不动就不会伤到她的脊椎 |
[22:16] | Not to mention having to break scrub, | 且不说还要破坏消毒环境 |
[22:18] | – re-drape, rescrub. – Cow-tipping in Kansas! | -重铺手术巾 再消毒 -堪萨斯翻牛运动 |
[22:20] | Dozens of sexless men! | 一大群无性人 |
[22:22] | If it were you again on the table, | 如果是你躺在台子上 |
[22:23] | what would you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[22:33] | For the record, I do not like you. | 慎重申明 我不喜欢你 |
[22:39] | Shut down the gallery. | 关闭观摩厅 |
[22:53] | There you are. | 你在这里 |
[23:03] | Mom’s always been – larger than life, you know? | 我妈她总是高于生命 |
[23:07] | Laughs harder, yells louder than anyone. | 笑地大声 比任何人声音都大 |
[23:11] | She’s the life of the party. | 她就是聚会上的焦点 |
[23:13] | Even if it’s my birthday party | 即使是我的生日会 |
[23:14] | and she’s taking over the dance floor. | 她霸占了整个舞池 |
[23:18] | Sounds amazing. | 听起来很棒 |
[23:19] | I was 16. It was mortifying. | 我才16岁 很心疼的 |
[23:24] | She’d always do that. | 她一直都是那样 |
[23:25] | She always inserted herself | 她总是把自己融入 |
[23:27] | in every single aspect of my life, you know, | 我生活的方方面面 |
[23:29] | whether I wanted her to or not — | 不管我想不想她 |
[23:30] | Hell, whether I even knew about it or not. | 见鬼 不管我知不知道 |
[23:35] | And, um… | 而 |
[23:41] | Now I can’t, uh… | 现在我无法 |
[23:45] | I can’t imagine what a room would even feel like | 我无法想象一间没有她的 |
[23:49] | without her in it taking up all that space. | 房间会是什么样子 |
[23:55] | It was different… losing Samuel. | 这和失去萨缪尔不一样 |
[24:06] | That was more like — | 那更像是 |
[24:08] | like my world collapsing around me, you know? | 如同我周围的世界在一点一点的塌陷 |
[24:11] | And this, I just… | 而这次 我觉得… |
[24:15] | I feel like… A scared little kid. | 我更像是一个害怕的小孩 |
[24:24] | Like nothing is safe. | 感觉没有什么是安全的 |
[24:28] | Like the world’s upside down | 感觉整个世界都颠倒了 |
[24:29] | and nothing makes any sense anymore. | 生命再无意义 |
[24:32] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是这样的 -对啊 |
[24:34] | – I don’t like it. – I know. | -我不喜欢这种感觉 -我明白 |
[24:36] | – I don’t like it. – I know. I know. | -我不喜欢 -我明白 我都明白 |
[24:59] | Okay. Let’s rock and roll. | 好啦 让我们开始创造历史吧 |
[25:02] | On my count, one, two, three. | 听我数 一 二 三 |
[25:10] | Good, good, good. Easy. | 好的 好的 好的 慢慢来 |
[25:25] | Let’s secure her hips. | 现在固定她的臀部 |
[25:33] | She’s good. | 她没事 |
[25:38] | Okay, they did it. | 他们做到了 |
[25:39] | She’s okay. | 她没事 |
[26:00] | You ready, Bokie? | 准备好了吗 博基 |
[26:03] | Okay. Deep breath, everybody. | 好啦 大家深呼吸 |
[26:06] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[26:21] | Dr. Koracick? | 卡洛西科医生 |
[26:25] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[26:28] | I think I’m gonna have trouble getting around the C7 facet | 我觉得我不太擅长让肿瘤从这个角度缩回的 |
[26:32] | while keeping the tumor retracted from this angle. | 同时绕过颈7表面 |
[26:35] | Maybe you could give it a try? | 也许你可以试试 |
[26:40] | Please, I could do that in my sleep. | 拜托 我闭着眼都能做到 |
[26:43] | Show off. | 得瑟 |
[26:55] | – Scalpel. – Scalpel. | -手术刀 -手术刀 |
[27:11] | Is that when you and Richard started talking? | 那你和理查德是在葬礼之后 |
[27:14] | After the funeral? | 才开始说话的吗 |
[27:20] | I tried calling you. | 我给你打过电话 |
[27:22] | You never called back. | 你从来没有回过电话 |
[27:24] | And I worried. | 我很担心 |
[27:25] | At first, I was just checking in on you. | 刚开始 我只是来看看你 |
[27:32] | Richard and I started… | 理查德和我开始 |
[27:34] | …talking about a lot of things. | 聊很多事 |
[27:36] | We both had amends to make. | 我们都有罪要赎 |
[27:39] | There are so many things | 有太多事 |
[27:42] | I could say I’m sorry for, Meredith. | 让我觉得抱歉 梅瑞狄斯 |
[27:45] | But all I really want to say is thank you. | 但我真正想说的是谢谢你 |
[27:50] | Thank you for what? | 谢什么 |
[27:53] | For so long, I measured my life | 一直以来 我都以所承受的 所失去的 |
[27:58] | in the things done to me, taken from me. | 来衡量我的生活 |
[28:04] | Now I can see my life for exactly what it is. | 现在我可以看清我的生活了 |
[28:09] | Some people have more pain than others. | 有些人可能比其他人活得更痛苦 |
[28:12] | But no one, nothing, was conspiring against me. | 但没有任何人 任何东西 与我为敌 |
[28:15] | When you gave me a piece of your liver, | 当你给我一个肝脏的时候 |
[28:19] | you gave me time, precious time. | 你给了我时间 宝贵的时间 |
[28:25] | Time to get your head out of your own ass? | 给了你重新振作的时间吗 |
[28:35] | Y– Y– You could say that. | 你也可以这么说 |
[28:41] | I had a life, Meredith, ’cause of you. | 梅瑞狄斯 因为你我拥有了生活 |
[28:47] | My own real, honest, painful, incredible life. | 真实 诚实 痛苦 难以置信的生活 |
[28:53] | I just wish you – and I could have shared it. | 我只是希望可以跟你分享 |
[28:59] | Well, I guess you did try this time. | 好吧 也许这次你真的努力过了 |
[29:03] | I just didn’t know. | 只是我之前不知道而已 |
[29:07] | I miss Lexie. | 我想念莱西 |
[29:10] | I miss her so much. | 非常非常想念她 |
[29:12] | Me too. | 我也一样 |
[29:15] | I’m sorry you lost her. | 我很遗憾你失去了她 |
[29:18] | I know how much it — it meant to you, having a sister. | 我知道有个妹妹对你来说有多么重要 |
[29:25] | I have another sister. | 我还有另外一个妹妹 |
[29:28] | But you and Molly, you were never close. | 但你和莫莉 从来没有亲近过 |
[29:35] | Her name is Maggie. | 她叫麦琪 |
[29:39] | She’s brilliant. And kind. | 她很聪明 善良 |
[29:42] | She’s the best of Ellis and Richard. | 她综合了爱丽丝和理查德最好东西 |
[29:46] | Your — Your mother and Richard had a baby. | 你妈妈和理查德生了一个孩子 |
[29:57] | At least something good came from all that. | 总算还是有一些好的结果 |
[30:07] | I’m gonna get a humpback operating with you. | 跟你一起做手术我都快驼背了 |
[30:09] | I’m already standing on a step stool. | 我都已经站凳子上了 |
[30:11] | what more do you want from me? | 你还想要我怎样 |
[30:12] | Heels? | 穿高跟鞋 |
[30:14] | Okay, it looks like the tumor is free of the brachial plexus. | 好的 看来肿瘤没有臂丛 |
[30:17] | Should we try to pull it out? | 我们应该试着把它取出来吗 |
[30:18] | Let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[30:20] | We’ve lost – all the signal from one arm. | 机器显示患者一只手臂没任何信号了 |
[30:23] | The tumor is moving pretty easily. | 肿瘤很容易转移 |
[30:24] | Check your machine. Could be artifact. | 好好检查监视器 可能是机器故障 |
[30:26] | No, there’s still a little tension from my side. | 不是的 我这边情况有点不好 |
[30:28] | I — I think it’s coming from the root. | 肿瘤长在了根部 |
[30:31] | Which means there’s no way to remove this without… | 这意味着要想完全移除肿瘤 |
[30:33] | Risking paralysis. | 肯定会有瘫痪的风险 |
[30:37] | If they can’t remove the whole tumor, | 如果他们不能将肿瘤整个切除 |
[30:39] | they’re gonna have to do it piecemeal. | 那他们只能一点一点的切除 |
[30:41] | But then they risk leaving some of the tumor behind. | 那就有可能不能完全清除肿瘤 |
[30:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:55] | My path pen. | 我的寻踪笔 |
[30:57] | Remove the tumor piecemeal, | 可以用于分块清除肿瘤 |
[30:58] | and then use the pen to see if you got it all. | 看能不能用这只笔完全清除肿瘤 |
[31:00] | Okay, it hasn’t cleared FDA process yet, | 虽然它还没走完食品及药物管理局流程 |
[31:03] | and it isn’t on the market, but I’m telling you, it works. | 还没面向市场推广 但我告诉你它是有效的 |
[31:10] | I really have always liked you, Richard. | 理查德 我真的一直都很喜欢你的 |
[31:13] | No, you haven’t. | 你并没有 |
[31:15] | Yes. Get it. | 好 去拿吧 |
[31:24] | And that twitch over her right eye | 你那时把制冰机模式从块冰换成碎冰 |
[31:26] | when you switched the ice maker from cubed to crushed. | 气的她右眼直跳 |
[31:29] | “What kind of a monster crushes ice? | “什么样的怪物才会把冰砸碎” |
[31:31] | It’s uncivilized.” | 太不文明了 |
[31:32] | Crushed ice was uncivilized. | 碎冰块太不文明了 |
[31:34] | Taking my last cup of coffee… | 喝掉我的最后一杯咖啡 |
[31:36] | – uncivilized. – Uncivilized. | -不文明 -不文明 |
[31:38] | Getting an A- in Chem Lab. | 化学实验课只得了A减 |
[31:41] | – Uncivilized. – Uncivilized. | -不文明 -不文明 |
[31:43] | She was… | 她真是 |
[31:45] | Kind of a tyrant. | 有点专横 |
[31:46] | But brilliant. | 但特别聪明 |
[31:48] | Oh, I can’t argue with that. | 无法反驳 |
[31:50] | Terrible driver. | 开车水平特别糟糕 |
[31:51] | Can’t argue with that. | 无法反驳 |
[31:53] | But she was extraordinary. | 她太出色了 |
[32:00] | Do you regret marrying her? | 你会后悔娶了她吗 |
[32:04] | The entire time she was pregnant with you, | 她在怀着你的那么长时间里 |
[32:07] | she pretended she wasn’t. | 她都在假装自己没有怀孕 |
[32:09] | I don’t know if it was stubbornness or denial. | 我不知道她这是陷入了偏执还是自我否定 |
[32:13] | Maybe both. | 也许两者都是 |
[32:14] | Nine months, she had to do everything herself. | 九个月 所有事都是她自己做 |
[32:18] | And I had to let her. | 而我只能由着她去 |
[32:20] | The night she went into labor, she came home after surgery, | 她生你的那个晚上 她做完手术回到家 |
[32:23] | and she just stood in the doorway, wide-eyed. | 她就站在门口 眼睛睁的老大 |
[32:29] | “We’re having a baby, Thatch. | “我们要有孩子了 撒切 |
[32:32] | We’re having a baby.” | 我们要有孩子了” |
[32:40] | As if the idea just hit her, right there. | 就好像彼时彼地她刚刚意识到这件事一样 |
[32:43] | She — She started to laugh. She couldn’t stop laughing. | 她 她开始放声大笑 笑得停不下来 |
[32:46] | Laughed all the way to the hospital. | 去医院的路上一直在笑 |
[32:50] | I never heard her laugh like that, | 我从没听过她那样笑 |
[32:53] | so big, so free. | 笑得那么爽朗 纵情 |
[32:58] | And I just thought, | 然后我就想 |
[33:00] | “Wow. What a way for you to come into the world.” | “女儿啊 你来到世间的方式好特别” |
[33:08] | We weren’t perfect. | 我们都不完美 |
[33:10] | We weren’t even happy a lot of the time. | 甚至很多时候我们都不算幸福 |
[33:14] | But I’d marry her all over again | 但即便如此 我仍然会娶她 |
[33:17] | for that night, that laugh. | 为了那个晚上 那样的笑声 |
[33:21] | And you. | 还有你 |
[33:25] | And this. | 为了这一切 |
[33:28] | I’d do it all again for this. | 如果重头再来我仍然愿意 |
[33:40] | How can there still be cancer there? | 怎么还是肿瘤 |
[33:41] | We’ve been at this for hours. | 已经好几个小时了 |
[33:42] | It’s still lighting up like Christmas. | 还是红的像圣诞彩装一样 |
[33:44] | Let’s just keep going. | 继续 继续 |
[33:46] | We’ll hit clear tissue eventually. | 早晚会遇到正常组织的 |
[33:51] | Signal’s fading again. | 信号再次减弱 |
[33:52] | She’s losing function in her arms. | 她要丧失手臂功能了 |
[33:53] | We’ve barely touched anything. | 我们几乎什么都没碰 |
[33:55] | Breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[33:56] | We are going in the right direction. | 我们的入路方向是正确的 |
[33:58] | Losing the signal in her other arm — | 另一条胳膊的信号也没了 |
[34:00] | Okay, stop it! We know! If we keep going, | 好了 闭嘴 我们知道如果我们继续 |
[34:02] | we cost Catherine her motor function, | 就会害凯瑟琳丧失活动能力 |
[34:03] | her career, her life as she knows it — we know! | 害她放弃事业 她所习惯的生活 我们知道 |
[34:17] | Meredith… | 梅瑞狄斯 |
[34:18] | Okay, don’t try to speak. | 好了 别说话了 |
[34:20] | But…the closet. | 柜子里 |
[34:23] | I left something… | 有东西要给 |
[34:25] | I don’t need anything. | 我不缺任何东西 |
[34:28] | …for your kids. | 你的孩子 |
[34:30] | I- I wish… | 真希望 |
[34:34] | I wish I knew them. | 能见到他们 |
[34:37] | I thought of — I thought of them. | 我时常 想起他们 |
[34:46] | Your hands are so cold. | 你的手好冷 |
[34:50] | Sorry, I can — | 对不起 要不要我 |
[34:51] | No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[34:55] | it feels good. | 感觉很好 |
[35:02] | Zola is so smart and so strong. | 佐拉特别聪明 身体又壮 |
[35:08] | And she keeps me on my toes | 她每时每刻 |
[35:11] | every minute of every day. | 都要让我操心 |
[35:14] | And Bailey says “Funny” Before every sentence. | 贝利说每句话前都要加”真搞笑” |
[35:17] | “Funny, I’d like an apple. | “真搞笑 我想吃苹果 |
[35:20] | Funny, I need pajamas.” | 真搞笑 我要穿睡衣了” |
[35:22] | It’s so cute. | 好可爱 |
[35:25] | And Ellis… she is brave. | 爱丽丝 她很勇敢 |
[35:29] | And she’s obsessed with hip-hop. | 她现在沉迷于嘻哈 |
[35:33] | They are exhausting… and amazing. | 特别累人 但他们又都那么棒 |
[35:41] | I wish you knew them, too. | 我也希望你能见见他们 |
[35:45] | Because they are so, so beautiful. | 因为 他们太美好了 |
[36:32] | How… | 怎么 |
[36:35] | Easy. Easy, Mom. | 妈 别急 别急 |
[36:36] | – How — How — – Easy, easy, easy, easy. | -怎么 -放松 别急 |
[36:43] | I feel that. | 我有感觉 |
[36:45] | Okay. Hold on, hold on. | 很好 再来 再来 |
[36:48] | All right. | 好的 |
[36:49] | Well, your reflexes are normal. | 神经反射正常 |
[36:52] | My hands and feet move. | 我的双手双脚都能动了 |
[36:56] | I’m not dead? With that tumor? | 我没死 那么大的瘤子 |
[36:58] | No, you’re most definitely not dead. | 没有 你当然没有死 |
[37:01] | I thought for sure they were gonna kill me. | 我还以为我肯定会被肿瘤害死 |
[37:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:12] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[37:13] | Catherine, when we went in to get the tumor, | 凯瑟琳 我们准备切掉肿瘤时 |
[37:17] | it was adherent to your brachial plexus. | 发现它和你的臂丛致密粘连 |
[37:19] | We were able to remove about 95% of it, | 我们成功移除了百分之九十五 |
[37:22] | but we had to leave one nodule behind. | 但有一处癌细胞我们无法移除 |
[37:27] | So…radiation? Chemo? | 那么 放化疗呢 |
[37:33] | They’ve had some success with proton beam therapy. | 质子射线放射治疗能起到一些作用 |
[37:36] | Some? | 一些 |
[37:39] | It’s likely, even with treatment… | 就算采取治疗也很有可能 |
[37:42] | I’ll have to live with this cancer | 我得和癌症 |
[37:45] | the rest of my life. | 相守一生了 |
[37:47] | I was sure you’d get it all or kill me trying. | 我还想你们要么治好癌症要么索性弄死我 |
[37:51] | So did we. | 我们也是这么想的 |
[37:54] | Catherine, I’m so sorry. | 凯瑟琳 我很抱歉 |
[37:56] | Sorry? I’m alive. | 抱歉干啥 我这不活着呢 |
[38:01] | I can live with this for many years. | 我能带着癌症活很久 |
[38:03] | People live with cancer. | 很多癌症患者都活得很久 |
[38:06] | We’ve all seen it happen. | 我们都见识过 |
[38:07] | You’re gonna have to get, uh, scans every three months | 你必须每三个月来做一次扫描 |
[38:09] | to make sure the tumor doesn’t, uh, grow. | 确定肿瘤没有增大 |
[38:11] | And in between, I’ll operate. | 在此期间 我可以做手术 |
[38:14] | And I’ll hug my son. | 拥抱我的儿子 |
[38:18] | Make love to my husband. | 和我老公做爱 |
[38:20] | Okay… | 好的 |
[38:21] | Chase my Harriet, make mistakes, | 追着我的哈瑞特乱跑 犯些错误 |
[38:25] | and fight about who gets to pick the movie on date night. | 为了让谁决定约会之夜的电影而吵架 |
[38:32] | You two have given me my life back. | 你们两个将我从鬼门关拉了回来 |
[38:36] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[38:38] | ‘Cause we didn’t plan on this. | 我们可没想到这会发生 |
[38:41] | These two pulled off a miracle. | 他们两个创造了奇迹 |
[38:45] | Miracles aren’t always punctuation marks. | 奇迹并非总是轰轰烈烈 |
[38:47] | But they are worth celebrating. | 但它们值得被庆祝 |
[38:49] | So we are gonna have that party. | 所以我们得办个派对庆祝一番 |
[38:52] | We just might have to wait a couple of months | 我们只是需要先等几个月 |
[38:54] | so I can get on the dance floor. | 到我能站上舞池的时候 |
[38:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[39:19] | I heard about the surgery. | 我听说了手术的事 |
[39:21] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[39:23] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[39:23] | You knew I had it in me all along. | 我心里一直有把握 |
[39:25] | Honestly? I was on the fence. | 真的吗 我一直持观望态度 |
[39:31] | You should be really proud. | 你应该自豪 |
[39:33] | There are not a lot of surgeons who could do that. | 并没有多少外科医生能做到这样 |
[39:36] | Which part? | 哪样 |
[39:37] | Where I flipped my friend like a pancake | 是我像翻煎饼一样在手术中翻我的挚友 |
[39:38] | or failed to leave her cancer free? | 还是没有成功治好她的癌症 |
[39:41] | The part where you saved her life | 是你救了她的命 |
[39:42] | and her surgical career. | 还有她的医师生涯 |
[39:47] | Yeah, that part wasn’t half bad. | 那确实不赖 |
[39:52] | You should celebrate. | 你应该庆祝一下 |
[39:54] | Why don’t you get cleaned up? | 你为什么不去收拾下 |
[39:55] | I’ll meet you at Joe’s, and I’ll buy you a drink. | 我们在酒吧见 我请你喝一杯 |
[39:58] | w– Can we take a rain check? | 能改日吗 |
[39:59] | I…I’m wiped. And I-I smell bad. | 我累坏了 还臭臭的 |
[40:01] | And when you spend money on me, I want to smell good. | 我希望你请我的时候 我闻起来是香的 |
[40:06] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[40:08] | Night. | 晚安 |
[40:09] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[40:17] | When it comes to medicine, | 当谈到医疗 |
[40:18] | who’s to say what is winning or losing? | 谁来决定是成是败 |
[40:24] | There’s just as much value in trying again | 反复尝试 |
[40:26] | as there is in letting go… | 和学会放下同等重要 |
[40:29] | I saved my friend today, David. | 我今天救了我朋友的命 戴维 |
[40:36] | I didn’t think I-I could, and it wasn’t perfect. | 我没想到自己能做到 我也没做到多好 |
[40:42] | Your dad was kind of a badass. | 你爸爸真的很厉害 |
[40:46] | …letting go of suffering, regret, pain, fear. | 置磨难 悔恨 恐惧 苦痛于身外 |
[41:11] | I operated on a freaking legend’s spine today. | 我今天给一位传奇人物做了脊椎手术 |
[41:18] | And it was terrifying. | 特别吓人 |
[41:20] | And exhilarating. | 特别振奋 |
[41:23] | And imperfect. | 特别不完美 |
[41:28] | Mostly terrifying. | 主要还是吓人 |
[41:31] | Because she’s not just a legend. | 因为她不仅仅是个传奇 |
[41:32] | She matters so much to so many people that I love… | 她对很多我爱的人来说举足轻重 |
[41:40] | Most of my life, I have been chasing the kind of high | 大部分时候 我都在追寻一种 |
[41:43] | that I feel right now. | 我正在体会的快感 |
[41:50] | I gave a surgeon back her hands today. | 我挽救了一位外科医生的双手 |
[41:53] | I gave a husband his wife, a son his mother. | 我挽救了一位妻子 一位母亲 |
[42:01] | And I am so incredibly grateful to be sober… | 我太感激我戒瘾了 |
[42:06] | …to be present enough to have felt | 我才能够清晰地体会到 |
[42:08] | every terrifying, exhilarating, | 每一次胆战心惊 每一次振奋人心 |
[42:14] | imperfect moment. | 每一次不尽完美的时刻 |
[42:19] | Instead of saying someone we love is battling, | 与其说我们爱的某个人在抗争 |
[42:22] | beating, fighting, winning, or losing, | 拼搏 战斗 成功或失败 |
[42:26] | why don’t we just tell the truth. | 为什么不直接说实话呢 |
[42:30] | There you go, sweethearts. | 给你 亲爱的 |
[42:34] | We get sick. We take our medicine… | 生病了我们会吃药 |
[42:38] | Wow. So cool. | 好酷 |
[42:40] | Where did you get it, Mommy? | 你哪弄来的 妈妈 |
[42:42] | your grandfather, Thatcher. | 你外公 撒切尔 |
[42:45] | He wanted you to have it, and he wanted you to know | 他想把它交给你 他想让你知道 |
[42:48] | that he cared about you very much… | 他很爱你 |
[42:49] | Funny, I love it. | 有意思 我很喜欢 |
[42:51] | …some of us live, some die. | 有人活着 有人死去 |
[42:54] | Mommy, are you okay? | 妈妈 你还好吗 |
[42:58] | Yes, Zo-Zo. I will be fine. | 是的 佐佐 我会没事的 |