时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | In the late 16th century, | 在16世纪晚期 |
[00:09] | a father-son team made a groundbreaking discovery. | 一个父子团队取得突破性发现 |
[00:12] | We’re leaving in 20 minutes. | 我们20分钟后出门 |
[00:15] | It’s my day off. Can’t I just do this instead? | 今天我休息 能就这样吗 |
[00:17] | What, look at pictures and mope? | 怎样 看着照片闷闷不乐 |
[00:19] | Yes, because apparently love and great sex | 是啊 因为显然爱和超爽的性爱 |
[00:22] | are not enough for the mother of my child. | 对我孩子的妈来说还不够 |
[00:24] | Have you tried talking to Amelia? | 你跟艾米莉娅谈过吗 |
[00:26] | Oh, she’s still crystal clear that nothing has changed. | 她明确表示没有任何改变 |
[00:28] | And still very good at compartmentalizing. | 还是一样擅长将事情分隔开 |
[00:31] | They found that when they put lenses | 他们发现 在试管另一端 |
[00:32] | at the opposite ends of a tube, | 放上镜片 |
[00:34] | it enlarged objects. | 可以放大物体 |
[00:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:39] | Jimmy’s Crab Shack is turning 50. | 吉米蟹肉小屋成立50周年 |
[00:41] | Carolyn Martin just posted a bunch of old photos. | 卡罗琳·马丁发了几张旧照片 |
[00:44] | My feet hurt just thinking about working there. | 光想到在那工作 我的脚就疼 |
[00:46] | Oh, no! | 天啊 |
[00:50] | There’s one of us. | 有张我们的照片 |
[00:51] | Their invention was the first compound microscope. | 他们发明了复式显微镜 |
[00:54] | Waiting tables is hard enough without the added mortification | 光是做服务生就够难了 |
[00:56] | of dressing like a shellfish. | 还要这么丢脸打扮成贝类 |
[00:59] | *Have a Jimmy’s Crab Shack birthday* | *来吉米蟹肉小屋庆祝生日* |
[01:01] | *All the crabs that you can eat* | *蟹肉吃到饱* |
[01:03] | *’Cause a Jimmy’s Crab Shack birthday* | *来吉米蟹肉小屋* |
[01:05] | *Is a very special treat!* | *大快朵颐吧* |
[01:08] | I was still looking at that. | 我还在看呢 |
[01:09] | It’s my day off, too. We’re going out. | 今天我也放假 我们要出门 |
[01:11] | Get the kids. | 把孩子带上 |
[01:12] | And as basic as it was, | 尽管这是简单的发明 |
[01:14] | their invention was a game changer | 却足以成为 |
[01:16] | for science and medicine. | 改变科学和医疗的成就 |
[01:19] | What can I get you? | 需要什么 |
[01:20] | Can I get a double espresso with oat milk, please? | 请给我双份浓缩咖啡加燕麦奶 |
[01:22] | You got it. | 好的 |
[01:24] | You forgot your wife’s latte. | 你忘了给老婆点拿铁了 |
[01:28] | What? | 什么 |
[01:32] | I thought I was supposed to pick you up | 我还想着明天 |
[01:33] | from the airport tomorrow. | 去机场接你 |
[01:34] | I caught an earlier flight. | 我搭早一班机回来了 |
[01:35] | I thought I’d surprise you. | 想给你惊喜 |
[01:37] | What if I wanted to surprise you? | 那如果我也给你惊喜怎么办 |
[01:39] | By coming to the airport a day early? | 早一天去机场吗 |
[01:40] | No, with, uh, uh… | 不是 准备 |
[01:42] | jewelry or, uh… flowers or something | 珠宝或鲜花什么的 |
[01:44] | to welcome you home. | 欢迎你回家 |
[01:47] | I guess we’ll just have to find another way. | 那你只能想别的惊喜了 |
[01:49] | I guess so. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | Dr. Gladsen, Labor and Delivery. | 加德森医生 请到产房 |
[01:57] | Dr. Gladsen to Labor and Delivery. | 加德森医生 请到产房 |
[02:00] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[02:02] | I’m just trying to figure out how I’m gonna thank Hamilton | 我在想要怎么感谢汉密尔顿 |
[02:04] | for calling an emergency meeting this morning. | 今早召开紧急会议 |
[02:06] | You don’t even care about my poor kids | 你完全不在乎我的孩子 |
[02:08] | – whose mother didn’t come home. – Nope. | -他们都见不到妈妈 -是的 |
[02:10] | I really, really don’t. | 我真的不在乎 |
[02:14] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 没事 |
[02:16] | Hey, Bailey. | 嘿 贝利 |
[02:17] | They moved our booth. | 他们搬走我们的展位了 |
[02:18] | – Excuse me? – Our booth. | -什么 -我们的展位 |
[02:20] | At the medical student convention. | 医学生展会啊 |
[02:22] | – Yeah, you should park in lot… – Okay. | -你得停车在… -好的 |
[02:25] | …three — It’s closer. | 三号停车场 会近一点 |
[02:27] | – I’m so sorry, Bailey. – I know. | -抱歉 贝利 -就是嘛 |
[02:28] | We’re a top-10 ranked residency program | 我们是排名前十的住院医项目 |
[02:31] | and they stuck us way at — | 他们把我们塞到远在 |
[02:34] | Wait. Why are you sorry? | 等下 你抱歉什么 |
[02:35] | That I’m still in Minnesota — | 我还在明尼苏达州 |
[02:37] | My trip got extended another day and — | 我得在这多待一天 |
[02:38] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[02:40] | Yeah. I texted you. | 是啊 我给你发信息了 |
[02:41] | No! You didn’t. | 没有 你没有 |
[02:43] | If you had, I would have called you back immediately | 如果你发了 我肯定立马打电话 |
[02:46] | and said a bunch of words | 跟你说一堆 |
[02:47] | I can’t say when people are around. | 无法在外人面前讲的话 |
[02:49] | I did text you, but I forgot to hit send. | 我给你写了信息 但忘发了 |
[02:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:53] | Uh, we need to recruit | 我们要招募 |
[02:55] | the best and brightest medical students | 最优秀的医学生 |
[02:58] | to apply to Grey-Sloan. | 申请格蕾-斯隆纪念医院 |
[02:59] | Who better to do that than the actual Grey? | 谁能比格蕾真人更有说服力 |
[03:02] | And I will make it up to you. I promise. | 我保证会补偿你 |
[03:06] | Something wrong? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[03:08] | Our booth is located in the armpit of the convention, | 我们的展位被移到边角位 |
[03:12] | and we lost our biggest recruitment tool. | 最重要的招募代表来不了 |
[03:15] | – Dr. Grey isn’t coming? – No. | -格蕾医生不来吗 -不来 |
[03:17] | If she doesn’t win the Nobel Prize | 如果她在忙的什么鬼项目 |
[03:19] | for whatever the hell she’s doing out there, | 不能拿个诺贝尔奖 |
[03:21] | I might just fire her. | 我就干脆炒掉她 |
[03:24] | Hey, a-and where on earth is Dr. Ndugu? | 恩都古医生跑哪里去了 |
[03:32] | – Well, that was better than airport flowers. – Yeah. | -这比机场送花强多了 -是啊 |
[03:36] | Yeah, it was. | 没错 |
[03:38] | I missed you… | 我想你了 |
[03:39] | …so much. | 很想你 |
[03:52] | Well, Bailey. | 贝利想知道 |
[03:54] | Wants to know why I’m not at the med student convention. | 为什么我没在医学生大会 |
[03:57] | – She’s not gonna like that. – No. | -她肯定得发火 -是啊 |
[04:01] | But how much do we care? | 但我们在乎吗 |
[04:18] | – Where’s Hamilton? – Late. | -汉密尔顿在哪 -迟到了 |
[04:19] | Does anybody know why he called this emergency meeting? | 有人知道他为什么开紧急会议吗 |
[04:22] | Because someone needs to tell me | 因为得有人告诉我 |
[04:23] | what I’m supposed to do about this. | 我该怎么处理这个 |
[04:26] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[04:26] | I sprained it when I stumbled in my own bedroom | 我在自己卧室摔倒扭伤了 |
[04:29] | because my foot froze when I tried to take a step. | 因为走路的时候脚不听使唤 |
[04:32] | The Parkinson’s is progressing faster than you are. | 帕金森病情发展比你们的进展要快 |
[04:35] | – David — – The FDA approved a one-time compassionate use surgery. | -大卫 -药监局批准了一次体恤使用手术 |
[04:38] | I want that surgery scheduled now. | 现在就安排手术 |
[04:41] | The surgery’s approval was contingent | 手术的批准是基于 |
[04:42] | upon very specific benchmarks. | 非常明确的要求 |
[04:44] | We have not proven cell viability | 我们还没有证实细胞存活力 |
[04:46] | above 75% yet. | 超过75% |
[04:48] | And I need to know why. I’ve spent a personal fortune. | 我想知道为什么 我花了这么多钱 |
[04:50] | I’ve given you every resource you’ve needed, | 给了你们需要的一切资源 |
[04:53] | despite obstacle after obstacle. | 尽管障碍一个接一个 |
[04:55] | But what does it actually take? | 究竟还要怎么样 |
[04:57] | Additional lab techs? | 找多一个技术人员 |
[04:58] | More fancy toys? Extra cells? | 更多花里胡哨的器材 更多的细胞 |
[05:00] | I hired you to get things done. | 我雇你是为了做出成效 |
[05:02] | I am. | 我在做事 |
[05:04] | We are. | 我们在做事 |
[05:05] | This team is working around the clock. | 这个团队连轴转工作 |
[05:06] | Groundbreaking medicine doesn’t happen overnight. | 医学突破不是一朝一夕达成的 |
[05:10] | Well, that sounds like an excuse. | 这听着像借口 |
[05:12] | Everyone knows | 人人都知道 |
[05:14] | when Meredith Grey wants something to happen, | 如果梅瑞狄斯·格蕾想干什么 |
[05:16] | she finds a way. | 她总能办到 |
[05:18] | What are you suggesting? | 你的建议是 |
[05:19] | Make this surgery happen ASAP or I’m pulling the plug. | 尽快动手术 否则我就终止掉 |
[05:23] | On the project? | 项目 |
[05:24] | On you. | 你 |
[05:40] | Remember that guy who used to come in | 还记得那个总是在 |
[05:42] | 15 minutes before closing? | 关门前十五分钟进来的那个人吗 |
[05:44] | And order the unlimited Jimmy’s chowder bowl? | 然后点一份不限量的吉米海鲜杂烩汤 |
[05:46] | Yeah, he’d ask for a million refills, | 记得 他总是不停地续汤 |
[05:48] | extra cheesy bread, | 额外的奶酪面包 |
[05:49] | then he’d leave a dollar tip in quarters. | 然后留下一块钱小费 都是两毛五分的 |
[05:51] | It was good for laundry. | 去洗衣房倒是很方便 |
[05:53] | Program? | 节目单 |
[05:54] | Look, Luna. Look at this. | 看 卢娜 看这个 |
[05:55] | – This is a program! Yes! – Here. Here’s a program. | -有节目 -这边 这边有节目 |
[05:57] | We’re gonna see a play. | 我们有戏看了 |
[05:59] | That’s where actors dress up in costume and perform a story. | 演员穿上戏服演一个故事 |
[06:04] | Are you also gonna give her a play-by-play of the play? | 你还要给她实时解说戏剧吗 |
[06:06] | Hey, I read that talking to your baby | 我在文章上看到过 和宝宝说话 |
[06:08] | is important for brain development. | 对大脑发育很重要 |
[06:10] | Yeah, I read that this park | 我听说 这个公园 |
[06:11] | has a cart that sells pretzels the size of your head, | 有推车卖人头大小的椒盐卷饼 |
[06:13] | but I’m not seeing any. | 但是我没看到 |
[06:16] | Okay, Luna. | 卢娜 |
[06:17] | There’s a stage and Rapunzel’s castle. | 有舞台和长发公主的城堡 |
[06:20] | And there’s a sign | 还有一块牌子 |
[06:21] | that says, “They lived happily ever after.” | 上面说”从此他们过着幸福快乐的生活” |
[06:24] | I’m sad, | 我很难过 |
[06:25] | and you brought me to a place | 你却带我来一个到处都是 |
[06:27] | with families and fairytales. | 家庭和童话故事的地方 |
[06:29] | And apparently no cheesy bread. | 而且很明显没有奶酪面包 |
[06:31] | – Link… – Fairytales give kids false hope. | -林… -童话故事给孩子虚假的希望 |
[06:34] | It makes you think | 它让你觉得 |
[06:34] | that everything’s always gonna be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[06:37] | In real life, | 在现实生活里 |
[06:38] | families just… fall apart. | 家庭只会…分崩离析 |
[06:40] | Oh, my God. Will you just go get a snack? | 天啊 你还是去买点零食吧 |
[06:45] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[06:46] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[06:46] | Is your husband gonna use that program? | 你老公要用那个节目单吗 |
[06:51] | No. | 不用 |
[06:54] | What do you see? | 你看到什么了 |
[06:56] | What do you guys see? What do you see? | 你们看到什么了 你们看到什么了 |
[06:58] | Every time something doesn’t go his way, | 每次只要没有如他的意 |
[07:00] | he throws a tantrum. | 他就大发脾气 |
[07:01] | He’s Ellis. | 他就是爱丽丝 |
[07:02] | – Your mom or your daughter? – Both. | -你妈还是你女儿 -两者兼而有之 |
[07:04] | What kind of person | 什么样的人 |
[07:05] | keeps someone from their kids an extra day | 让别人和子女少待一天 |
[07:07] | just so he can berate them in person? | 就为了他能亲自训人 |
[07:09] | A man feeling helpless while his life erodes. | 一个生命被侵蚀却无能为力的人 |
[07:12] | Hamilton aside, | 抛开汉密尔顿不说 |
[07:13] | we are working on a cure for Parkinson’s. | 我们在研究帕金森氏症的治疗方法 |
[07:15] | We — And we’re actually at 79% viability | 我们 我们在注射时 |
[07:17] | of the dopamine cells at injection. | 多巴胺细胞的存活率是79% |
[07:19] | – Since when? – Last night. | -从什么时候开始的 -昨晚 |
[07:21] | We believe the cells’ survival rate is related to temperature. | 我们认为细胞的存活率和温度有关 |
[07:24] | Dr. Grey, meet Dr. Gavin Hawj, | 格蕾医生 这是盖文·霍医生 |
[07:26] | star research assistant and tech genius. | 明星研究助理和技术天才 |
[07:28] | He built the motorized injector. | 他制作了电动注射器 |
[07:30] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[07:31] | It’s an honor to work with you. | 很荣幸与你共事 |
[07:32] | At least someone thinks so. | 至少有人这么觉得 |
[07:34] | Maybe I’ll just pull the plug on myself. | 也许我还是自己了结自己 |
[07:36] | Mer, go back to the hotel. | 梅 回酒店 |
[07:38] | Take a nap. Get a massage. | 打个盹 按个摩 |
[07:40] | There’s a cure for Parkinson’s on the line | 帕金森症的治疗方法即将问世 |
[07:41] | and your idea is to go get a massage? | 你却让我去按摩 |
[07:43] | Just give us the day in the lab. | 给我们一天时间在实验室里 |
[07:45] | If Kai and I can’t figure it out, | 如果凯和我搞不定 |
[07:47] | do whatever you want. | 你想怎样都行 |
[07:48] | You can stay even if I go. | 即使我走了 你也可以留在这里 |
[07:50] | Well, I could, but I wouldn’t. | 我可以 但是我不想 |
[07:55] | Fine. End of day. | 好吧 就今天 |
[08:02] | Would she really walk? | 她真的会离开吗 |
[08:03] | I’m hoping we don’t have to find out. | 希望我们不用知道 |
[08:07] | How long will you be gone this time, Mother? | 母亲 这次你要走多久 |
[08:10] | Not long, my dear Rapunzel. | 不用太久 亲爱的长发公主 |
[08:12] | Now pull up your hair and await my return. | 现在收起你的头发 等我回来 |
[08:15] | And no more singing! | 别再唱了 |
[08:17] | There’s no telling who might be lurking… | 没准有人在偷听… |
[08:19] | This is insane. Rapunzel’s foster mom… | 不可理喻 长发公主的继母… |
[08:22] | – A witch…. – locks her in a tower | -巫婆… -把她关在一个塔楼上 |
[08:23] | and her only form of human contact | 她唯一与人接触的方式是 |
[08:25] | is a guy who climbs her hair. | 让一个人沿着她的头发爬上来 |
[08:27] | I figured you’d have bigger issues | 我还以为你对少女的不幸遭遇 |
[08:28] | with the damsel-in-distress aspect. | 有更大的意见 |
[08:30] | How is this an appropriate children’s story? | 这怎么可能是一个恰当的儿童故事 |
[08:32] | How do you not know “Rapunzel”? | 你怎么会不知道《长发公主》 |
[08:33] | Who would’ve read it to me? | 谁会读给我听 |
[08:36] | That voice! | 那歌声 |
[08:37] | Perhaps I can climb up the tower | 也许我可以爬上塔楼 |
[08:39] | the same way that witch came down. | 用巫婆下来的方式 |
[08:41] | Tell me he has a rope ladder. | 告诉我他有一个绳梯 |
[08:42] | Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair! | 长发公主 长发公主 放下你的头发 |
[08:43] | That would be smart, but no. | 聪明的想法 但是没有 |
[08:45] | Eventually he goes blind after a failed suicide attempt. | 最终他自杀未遂 眼睛瞎了 |
[08:50] | Her hair is so luxurious and strong. | 她的头发真是又浓密又结实 |
[08:58] | Jeremy? | 杰瑞米 |
[09:01] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[09:03] | That turned dark fast. | 这么快就变悲伤了 |
[09:05] | I don’t think that was supposed to happen. | 我觉得不应该呀 |
[09:07] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:08] | Is anyone here a doctor?! | 有医生吗 |
[09:11] | Yes! I can help. | 有 我可以帮忙 |
[09:18] | Thank you for your patience. | 感谢你们耐心等候 |
[09:20] | Um, we invite you to stay | 我们请求你们留下来 |
[09:21] | for the Fairytale Theater’s production of “Cinderella,” | 观看童话剧院的《灰姑娘》 |
[09:24] | which we hope will begin soon. | 希望很快就可以开始 |
[09:28] | 911’s not picking up. | 911没人接 |
[09:30] | Okay. Sir? | 你好 先生 |
[09:31] | Jeremy. His name’s Jeremy. | 杰瑞米 他叫杰瑞米 |
[09:32] | Is he gonna be okay? | 他没事吧 |
[09:34] | His pulse is a little thready and irregular. | 他的脉搏有点微弱 不规律 |
[09:35] | Jeremy, hi. I’m Dr. Wilson. | 杰瑞米 我是威尔逊医生 |
[09:37] | This is Dr. Lincoln from Grey-Sloan. | 他是格蕾-斯隆医院的林医生 |
[09:39] | Can you say something? | 你能说话吗 |
[09:40] | Oh, my God. Please be okay. Please be okay. | 天啊 天啊 求求你没事 求求你没事 |
[09:43] | He’s got an open femoral fracture and no DP pulse. | 他有开放性股骨骨折 没有足背动脉 |
[09:45] | I’m gonna have to reduce and splint this. | 我得把它复位 用夹板固定住 |
[09:47] | – Jo, can you…? – Yeah. | -乔 你能… -好 |
[09:47] | Alright. Hey, Jeremy, this is gonna hurt, okay? | 杰里米 这会有点疼 好吧 |
[09:50] | But the break is cutting off the blood supply, | 但你的断骨阻断了你的血流 |
[09:51] | so the sooner we straighten it out, the better. | 所以我们越早矫正它越好 |
[09:53] | We don’t want to lose your leg, okay? | 那样我们能保住你的腿了 好吧 |
[09:54] | – I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere. – One…two…three. | -我陪着你 哪都不去 -一 二 三 |
[10:03] | Okay. We lost his pulse. Starting CPR. | 他没有脉搏了 开始做心肺复苏 |
[10:06] | He’s got a heart condition! | 他有心脏病 |
[10:07] | It’s called — I-I don’t know, but — | 是 我不知道是什么 但是 |
[10:10] | but he wears an emergency bracelet. | 但他有戴急救手环 |
[10:12] | Congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries. | 已矫正先天大动脉转位 |
[10:15] | – Does that help or matter or — – Yes, it does. Yes. | -这有帮助吗重要吗 -是的 重要的 有的 |
[10:18] | Is 911 picking up? | 911打通了吗 |
[10:19] | Still ringing. | 还在接通中 |
[10:21] | There’s a thing near the playground. | 游乐场隔壁有个东西 |
[10:22] | The machine that starts the shocking. | 那个能电击的机器 |
[10:24] | – An AED! – Oh. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -体外除颤器 -对 对 对 |
[10:26] | Go get it! | 去拿 |
[10:29] | Thank you for stopping by this morning. | 感谢各位今早过来参观 |
[10:31] | Grey-Sloan takes pride in our outstanding education program, | 格蕾-斯隆纪念医院有引以为豪的出色教学项目 |
[10:35] | led by Dr. Richard Webber. | 由理查德·韦伯医生主导 |
[10:37] | I mean, we’re consistently ranked | 我们一直都在 |
[10:38] | among the nation’s top-10 teaching hospitals. | 十大教学医院的行列内 |
[10:41] | And as a Fox Foundation hospital, | 作为凯瑟琳基金会管辖的医院 |
[10:44] | we have greater access to resources | 我们能提供更多优质资源 |
[10:47] | like cutting-edge technologies and extensive research mat– | 像尖端医学技术和前沿材料 |
[10:51] | Why don’t you take a brochure | 你不如先拿张宣传册看看吧 |
[10:54] | and leave your e-mail? | 留一下你的邮箱地址 |
[10:57] | Chicago Lutheran’s handing out deep-dish pizzas. | 芝加哥路德教会医院在发免费披萨 |
[10:59] | Yes, please. | 给我来点 |
[11:05] | Okay, when did residency recruitment | 住院医师招聘会 |
[11:08] | turn into a bribery scheme? | 什么时候卷成这样了 |
[11:10] | Look at Palley, resorting to massages? | 你看帕莱医院都成按摩中心了 |
[11:13] | That’s a little desperate, don’t you think? | 这可有点跌份了 不是吗 |
[11:15] | Well, they are highlighting | 他们主打宣传 |
[11:16] | their resident wellness program. | 他们的住院医师关怀计划 |
[11:20] | You think we should have brought a dog-and-pony show? | 你也觉得我们该搞点花样秀吗 |
[11:22] | You were gonna bring Meredith Grey. | 你本来要秀梅瑞狄斯·格蕾的 |
[11:24] | And Owen Hunt, | 以及欧文·亨特 |
[11:26] | but apparently, | 但是 |
[11:27] | a trauma came in. | 突然来了个创伤科急救 |
[11:29] | And Ndugu’s a no-show. | 然后恩都古还放我鸽子了 |
[11:31] | But that’s not bribery. | 但秀他们可不算搞内卷 |
[11:32] | That’s — That’s excellence in education. | 这只是展示我们优秀师资 |
[11:34] | There’s a difference. | 这不一样 |
[11:36] | What about the Webber Method? | 推韦伯教学法如何 |
[11:37] | That’s not an official program. | 那又不是个正式项目 |
[11:40] | Well, the CAPE Clinic is raffling off a laptop. | CAPE诊所要抽一台笔记本电脑了 |
[11:43] | You got a better idea? | 你有更好的点子吗 |
[11:52] | I got your text. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[11:53] | – Do you need a consult? – I do. Yeah. | -你需要会诊吗 -是的 没错 |
[11:54] | Um, how’d your meeting go? | 你的会开得如何 |
[11:56] | Well, a meeting would imply a rational conversation. | 会议意味着开展理性的对话 |
[11:59] | I’ve managed to disappoint both of my bosses | 而我成功地在一个小时内 |
[12:00] | in the span of an hour. | 把我的两个上司都惹恼了 |
[12:02] | So I might just quit and move to Italy. | 所以我也许会就此辞职搬到意大利去 |
[12:04] | Right, right, right. | 是吗 |
[12:05] | Um, before you do, take a look. | 那在你走之前 看一眼这个 |
[12:07] | Did my sister put you up to this? | 是我妹妹让你来整这出的吗 |
[12:09] | To distract me from Hamilton? | 好让我从汉密尔顿的事上分神 |
[12:10] | Uh, well, I’ve never met your sister. | 我从来没见过你的妹妹 |
[12:11] | Plus, if I distracted you | 再说如果我要每次 |
[12:13] | every time you were mad at David, | 在你生大卫的气时转移你的注意力 |
[12:14] | I’d never get anything done. | 那我将一事无成 |
[12:16] | So, a 45-year-old male with headache, | 45岁男患者主述头疼 |
[12:18] | palpitations, and hypertension. | 心悸和高血压 |
[12:20] | – Adrenal tumor, looks like a pheo. – Yeah. | -肾上腺肿瘤 看起来像是嗜铬细胞瘤 -对 |
[12:22] | So do you think it’s possible | 你觉得有可能给他做一个 |
[12:23] | to do a partial adrenalectomy? | 肾上腺部分切除术吗 |
[12:26] | I mean, you would have to. | 也只能这样做 |
[12:27] | He’s only got one adrenal. | 他只有一条肾上腺 |
[12:29] | – Yeah, of course. – Do you know his history? | -确实 -你了解他的病史吗 |
[12:31] | Yeah, I do. He’s a kidney donor. | 是的 我了解 他捐过肾 |
[12:32] | The adrenal gland was so badly adhered | 他肾上腺严重黏连 |
[12:34] | we had to take it along with the kidney. | 我们不得不将它连同肾脏一起切除 |
[12:36] | Did you work on the transplant? | 这台移植手术是你做的吗 |
[12:37] | I was involved, yes. | 是的 我参加了 |
[12:38] | So, partial? | 所以部分切除可行吗 |
[12:40] | – Uh, sure. – Great. | -没问题 -太好了 |
[12:41] | I’ve already secured you privileges, | 我已经搞定你的行医权了 |
[12:42] | and I’ll have my favorite resident scrub in with you. | 我让我最好的住院医做你助手 |
[12:44] | – Me? – Yeah. | -我做 -是的 |
[12:46] | There isn’t anyone else who can do this? | 没有别人能做了吗 |
[12:47] | There are. There are several someones. | 有的 有好几个呢 |
[12:49] | But this guy needs the best. He needs you. | 但这个人需要最好的 他需要你 |
[12:52] | Where am I going? | 我上哪做 |
[12:53] | Fifth floor. I’ll take you up. Come on. | 五楼 我带你上去 走吧 |
[13:01] | This is amazing. | 这太不可思议了 |
[13:02] | We wrapped the syringe in a thermal coating to insulate it. | 我们将注射器包裹在热涂层中隔热 |
[13:05] | The key is keeping the cells cold long enough. | 关键是让细胞保持足够长时间的冷冻 |
[13:07] | Is the injector speed a factor? | 注射速度会对结果有影响吗 |
[13:08] | Mm, that’s what we’re testing. | 这是我们需要测试的 |
[13:10] | But it’s a careful balance between speed and temperature. | 但我们得在温度和速度中寻到绝妙平衡 |
[13:13] | Game time. Let’s see if it worked. | 是时候了 我们来看看这成不成 |
[13:15] | I’ll prep the next batch of cells. | 我去准备下一批细胞 |
[13:20] | Okay. And this counts the viable cells? | 这个是用来计算存活细胞数的 |
[13:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:22] | Healthy cells reject the dye. | 健康细胞会排斥染料 |
[13:25] | Dead cells turn blue. | 而死亡的细胞则会吸收变蓝 |
[13:26] | Then the software converts them to green and red | 然后这个软件会把图像处理成红绿二色 |
[13:29] | so we can easily see how many are still alive. | 好让我们更容易看清存活细胞数 |
[13:32] | This takes so much patience. | 这可需要无比的耐心 |
[13:35] | You prefer instant gratification? | 你更喜欢及时反馈吗 |
[13:37] | Not instant, but… | 不用即时 但 |
[13:39] | – How long have you been at this? – Two years. | -你做这个做了多久了 -两年了 |
[13:42] | With no guarantee that it goes anywhere? | 在对前景毫无保障的情况下吗 |
[13:46] | That’s why I like tumors. | 这是我为什么喜欢肿瘤的原因 |
[13:47] | They’re there, you cut, they’re gone. | 它们在那 你去切掉 它们就消失了 |
[13:49] | Yay. | 胜利 |
[13:51] | I don’t have the patience for patients. | 我没有面对患者的耐心 |
[13:53] | You never wanted to be a clinical doctor? | 你从来不想做临床医生吗 |
[13:55] | My teachers encouraged it. | 我的老师鼓励我去做 |
[13:57] | My mom would’ve loved | 我妈妈很想要 |
[13:59] | to have 24/7 access to free medical advice. | 全天候免费的医疗建议 |
[14:02] | But being a clinician’s | 但做个临床医生 |
[14:04] | not what attracted me to science. | 并不是吸引我从事科学的理由 |
[14:06] | It was always about the discovery, | 吸引我的是探索发现 |
[14:08] | the openness to possibility. | 无尽可能性的过程 |
[14:11] | And an M.D. felt confining to me. | 而医学博士会于我而言太局限了 |
[14:13] | So I applied to PhD programs instead. | 所以我转去申请了理学博士 |
[14:17] | Seems like it worked out. | 看来这很合适你 |
[14:19] | My mom might argue with you. | 我妈对此持有不同意见 |
[14:23] | What about you? Why neuro? | 你呢 为什么选神外 |
[14:25] | No one ever asks me that. | 从来没人问过我这个问题 |
[14:27] | They just assume that it’s… | 他们都认为我是 |
[14:28] | ’cause I wanted to be like my brother. | 因为我想像我哥哥一样 |
[14:30] | Who’s your brother? | 你哥哥是谁 |
[14:34] | You just became | 你刚刚成为 |
[14:35] | my favorite person. | 我最喜欢的人了 |
[14:41] | Still 79%. | 还是79% |
[14:44] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[15:16] | Damn it. He must’ve torn the SFA. | 糟了 他肯定撕裂了股浅动脉 |
[15:18] | – I’m gonna try to pack it.- Okay. | -我要包扎一下 -好的 |
[15:21] | Let’s see. | 找找有什么东西 |
[15:26] | Is this just all snacks? | 包里只有零食吗 |
[15:27] | You’re the one who’s always talking about food. | 是你一直在说要带吃的啊 |
[15:29] | – What do you need? – Luna’s cloth diapers. | -你要找什么 -卢娜的尿布 |
[15:30] | I stopped packing them. What about Scout’s? | 我没带 斯考特的呢 |
[15:32] | I stopped pacing them. | 我也没带 |
[15:33] | Paramedics are on their way. | 急救人员已经在路上了 |
[15:35] | Here’s the AED. How is he? | 除颤仪在这里 他怎么样了 |
[15:37] | – What can I do to help? – Open the defibrillator. | -我能帮什么忙吗 -打开除颤仪 |
[15:39] | And put the pads on his chest. | 把电极片贴在他的胸口 |
[15:42] | Place pad exactly as shown in the picture. | 如图所示放置电极片 |
[15:46] | It’s okay, Luna. You’re fine. Mommy’s right here. | 没事的卢娜 你没事 妈妈在这 |
[15:48] | – Press firmly to patient’s bare skin. – I’m just saving a life. | -裸露病患皮肤并用力按压 -我在救人 |
[15:51] | You want me to get her? | 你想让我看看她吗 |
[15:51] | Yes. Can you push her closer to me? Thank you. | 好 你能把她推得离我近一点吗 谢谢 |
[15:54] | He’s still bleeding. | 他还在出血 |
[15:56] | Your belt. I can use it as a tourniquet. | 你的皮带给我 我能用它当止血带 |
[15:58] | Is he gonna bleed to death? | 他会失血过多而死吗 |
[16:00] | Not if I can help it. | 有我在就不会 |
[16:01] | *Someday my prince will come* | *有一天我的王子会到来* |
[16:06] | Not messaging she needs but thank you. | 她不需要听这个 但还是谢谢你 |
[16:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:10] | Brian Williams, 45, | 布莱恩·威廉姆斯 45岁 |
[16:12] | CT and biochemical work-up | CT和生化检查显示 |
[16:13] | revealed a pheochromocytoma on the right adrenal. | 右侧肾上腺有嗜铬细胞瘤 |
[16:16] | BP’s still elevated despite Prazosin — | 服用哌唑嗪后 血压依然升高 |
[16:19] | 180/98 180 over 98. | |
[16:20] | Otherwise vital signs stable. | 其他生命体征稳定 |
[16:22] | Thank you, Dr. Wright. | 谢谢 赖特医生 |
[16:24] | Do you have pain on the right side? | 你右边痛吗 |
[16:25] | – A little. – Okay. | -有一点 -好的 |
[16:27] | Paige freaked out when I had heart palpitations | 阿历克斯的排球比赛上 |
[16:29] | at Alex’s volleyball game. | 我心悸的时候把佩奇吓坏了 |
[16:31] | Figured it was stress from the semi-finals. | 我还以为是因为半决赛压力太大了 |
[16:33] | Or from having three teenage girls. | 或者是因为你有三个处在青春期的女儿 |
[16:36] | One’s trying to get a volleyball scholarship, | 一个想得到排球运动员奖学金 |
[16:38] | one’s in callback auditions for the high school play, | 一个在参加高中戏剧的二次试镜 |
[16:40] | and the youngest apparently just got dumped. | 最小的女儿最近刚刚被甩了 |
[16:42] | I don’t know how you keep up. | 我不知道你是怎么撑下来的 |
[16:44] | I don’t. | 我没撑下来 |
[16:45] | I ended up collapsing in the third game. | 第三节比赛的时候我晕倒了 |
[16:46] | Well, this type of tumor is extremely rare, | 这种肿瘤非常罕见 |
[16:48] | so it’s great we caught it now. | 所以幸好我们及时发现 |
[16:50] | Thanks to this guy. | 要感谢这个人 |
[16:52] | So, I’ll go in from the side laparoscopically. | 我会从侧面用腹腔镜 |
[16:54] | It’s the least invasive. | 这样创口最小 |
[16:56] | Oh, so like my donation surgery? | 就像我做的器官捐献手术一样吗 |
[16:59] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[17:00] | You’ll be in the room? | 你会在手术室里吗 |
[17:01] | Uh, I can be. If Dr. Grey doesn’t mind. | 如果格蕾医生不介意的话 我会在的 |
[17:03] | Of course. No problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[17:05] | Yeah. I’ll see you in the OR. Okay. Dr. Wright? | 我们手术室见 赖特医生 |
[17:10] | Okay. So, tell me what we do next. | 告诉我接下来我们怎么做 |
[17:26] | They’re my coping mechanism. | 吃东西是我的应对机制 |
[17:28] | Left over from my days on the swim team. | 是我在游泳队的时候留下的习惯 |
[17:31] | It’s a problem. | 不是个好习惯 |
[17:34] | There are worse habits. | 还有更加不好的习惯 |
[17:36] | Yeah, but these are like a gateway to fries. | 没错 但这些和薯条没什么区别 |
[17:41] | If Grey walks, would you really leave, too? | 如果格蕾走了 你也会跟着离开吗 |
[17:46] | She brought me onto the project. | 是她把我带进项目的 |
[17:47] | And she’s family. | 而且她是我的家人 |
[17:50] | But we are gonna figure this out | 但是我们会解决问题的 |
[17:51] | because walking boosts creativity. | 因为走路能激发创造力 |
[17:55] | I read that in a study. | 我在一项研究里读到的 |
[18:02] | Anything? | 你想到什么了吗 |
[18:05] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[18:06] | You? | 你呢 |
[18:07] | No. Too distracted by the thought of fries. | 没有 我脑子里想的全是薯条 |
[18:10] | When you get stuck in surgery, what do you do? | 如果你手术中遇到困难 你会怎么办 |
[18:13] | You cut or close. | 继续开刀 或缝合 |
[18:14] | When someone’s brain is open, | 当一个人的大脑被打开的时候 |
[18:15] | that’s pretty much all you can do. | 你能做的只有这些 |
[18:17] | We had to dissect worms in 8th grade biology. | 我们八年级的生物课上要解剖虫子 |
[18:21] | Total disaster. Worm guts everywhere. | 一塌糊涂 虫子的内脏到处都是 |
[18:23] | Cutting was never my forte. | 解剖动手从来都不是我的长处 |
[18:26] | I remember getting my first pair of scissors. | 我记得第一次拿到剪刀的时候 |
[18:27] | I was 4. | 我只有四岁 |
[18:29] | And unstoppable? | 然后就一发不可收拾了吗 |
[18:30] | I hated them. | 我讨厌它们 |
[18:32] | They were so dull they couldn’t cut through butter. | 太钝了 甚至无法切开黄油 |
[18:35] | So I stole my older sister’s. | 所以我偷来了我姐姐的 |
[18:36] | Then I was unstoppable. | 然后就一发不可收拾了 |
[18:38] | I cut the curtains, my hair, | 我剪窗帘 剪自己的头发 |
[18:40] | her favorite dress, | 她最喜欢的裙子 |
[18:42] | the tops of her dolls’ heads. | 她布娃娃的脑袋 |
[18:44] | That’s disturbing. | 这有点吓人 |
[18:47] | I wanted to see where feelings came from. | 我想知道情感源自哪里 |
[18:50] | What’d you find? | 你发现什么了 |
[18:52] | Cotton. | 棉花 |
[18:53] | It was very disappointing. | 非常令人失望 |
[18:58] | Time to go back. | 该回去了 |
[18:59] | You have an idea? | 你有想法了吗 |
[19:01] | No, but I only allotted myself 15 minutes to stress out. | 没有 但我只允许自己焦虑十五分钟 |
[19:05] | And honestly, I feel better. | 说实话 我感觉好多了 |
[19:14] | His s-sword! I can use that to secure the tourniquet. | 他的剑 我可以用它来固定止血带 |
[19:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:20] | His heart rate’s all over the place. | 他的心率不齐 |
[19:22] | His heart condition makes him prone | 他现在的心脏状况 |
[19:23] | to abnormal heart rates. | 让他的心率不正常 |
[19:24] | Could that be why he fell? | 这是他摔倒的原因吗 |
[19:25] | – Most likely. – Shock advised. | -很有可能 -建议除颤 |
[19:26] | Stay clear of patient. | 不要触摸病人 |
[19:28] | – Press the flashing shock button. – He needs to be shocked. | -按下闪烁的除颤键 -他要除颤 |
[19:29] | – Clear. – Now? | -离手 -现在吗 |
[19:31] | You want to argue with the machine? | 你想和机器争论吗 |
[19:32] | – Clear. – Deliver shock — | -离手 -启动除颤 |
[19:34] | Shock delivered. Analyzing. | 已除颤 正在分析 |
[19:37] | – You need to move faster. – Shock advised. | -你要动作快点 -建议除颤 |
[19:38] | I’m almost done. | 我马上好了 |
[19:39] | The tourniquet’s not gonna matter if his heart doesn’t start. | 如果他的心跳不恢复的话 止血带也没用 |
[19:41] | – Clear. – Okay, I’m done. | -离手 -我好了 |
[19:42] | Shock delivered. Analyzing. | 已除颤 正在分析 |
[19:44] | His heart’s not starting. We need epi. | 他还是没有心跳 我们需要肾上腺素 |
[19:46] | – Begin CPR. – Where’s the ambulance? | -开始体外心脏按压 -救护车在哪 |
[19:47] | They said 10 minutes like 15 minutes ago. | 他们十五分钟前说十分钟后到 |
[19:48] | You have to save him. Please save him. | 你们必须要救救他 请你们救救他 |
[19:50] | – Alright. Where can we get some epi? – Don’t look at me. | -我们在哪里能找到肾上腺素 -别看着我啊 |
[19:52] | I packed bananas and peanut butter pretzels. | 我带了香蕉和花生酱椒盐卷饼 |
[19:54] | – There’s gotta be a kid here with an allergy. – EpiPens! | -这里一定有孩子有过敏症 -肾上腺素笔 |
[19:56] | Okay, go into the audience. | 好吧 去观众中 |
[19:57] | – Collect as many as you can get. – Alright. | -尽可能多收集 -好的 |
[19:59] | Does anyone here have an EpiPen? | 有人有肾上腺素笔吗 |
[20:01] | If you do, we need one now! | 如果你们有 我们现在需要 |
[20:03] | – Run! – Yeah, as many as you can get. | -快去 -对 越多越好 |
[20:04] | I have one right here. | 我这里有一支 |
[20:11] | – Is this really gonna work? – It’s worth a shot. | -这真的会有用吗 -值得一试 |
[20:13] | – 30 seconds until analysis will resume. – Just do it. Please. | -30秒后将重新分析 -快注射 |
[20:15] | Pushing 0.3 of epi. | 注射0.3毫克肾上腺素 |
[20:18] | Five…six…seven… | 五 六 七 |
[20:20] | This is gonna take longer than the ambulance. | 在救护车来之前还得按压很久 |
[20:21] | Okay, Cathi. Can you take over? | 好吧 凯茜 你能来按吗 |
[20:23] | One hand over the other, 2 inches deep, okay? | 双手叠加 向下按5厘米 好吗 |
[20:26] | – 15 seconds until analysis will resume.- Ready? | -15秒后将重新分析 -准备好了吗 |
[20:35] | Can you do that? He won’t overdose? | 可以这样吗 他不会用药过量吗 |
[20:37] | He would get more in the hospital. | 他在医院会注射更多 |
[20:38] | Shock not advised. | 不建议电击 |
[20:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:43] | He’s back. | 他活过来了 |
[20:45] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[20:47] | Finally. | 终于来了 |
[20:48] | Okay, he’s gonna need to be stabilized. | 好吧 他需要稳定下来 |
[20:49] | We’ll take him to Grey-Sloan. | 我们会送他去格蕾-斯隆医院 |
[20:51] | You okay if I ride with him? | 我和他一起去 你觉得可以吗 |
[20:52] | Yeah. I’ll meet you there. | 可以 我们医院见 |
[20:53] | – Okay. – Alright. | -行 -好吧 |
[20:56] | Over here! | 在这里 |
[21:03] | How’s your dad? | 你爸怎么样了 |
[21:05] | He’s better. | 好多了 |
[21:06] | He’s doing way better. | 情况大大好转 |
[21:07] | I honestly think he was better awhile ago. | 老实说 我觉得他前段时间就好多了 |
[21:09] | He just didn’t want me to leave. | 他只是不想让我离开 |
[21:11] | You think he was faking it? | 你觉得他是在装病吗 |
[21:14] | A little bit! | 一点点 |
[21:15] | A little bit I do. | 我觉得是有一点 |
[21:21] | I liked being there with him, though. | 但我喜欢跟他在一起 |
[21:25] | I hated being away from you. | 我讨厌离开你 |
[21:28] | You are… | 你是… |
[21:31] | my dream come true. | 我成真的梦想 |
[21:33] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[21:39] | I’m honestly not sure I’m awake right now. | 老实说 我不确定现在是否醒着 |
[21:42] | I might need some convincing. | 我可能需要一些证据 |
[21:51] | Do you need to get that? | 你需要去吗 |
[21:52] | Nope. | 不需要 |
[21:53] | It’s cardio, | 是心外科 |
[21:54] | but I’m supposed to be at the med student convention. | 但我应该在参加医学生大会 |
[21:58] | So let’s let Altman get this one. | 所以让阿尔特曼负责这个病人吧 |
[21:59] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -行 -好的 |
[22:11] | Using this teaching method, | 采用这种教学方法 |
[22:12] | every resident gets their own patient | 每个住院医师都会有自己的病人 |
[22:14] | and their own OR. | 和手术室 |
[22:16] | – Of course… – They seem to be into it. | -当然… -他们看起来很喜欢 |
[22:17] | Of course they are. It’s the future of teaching. | 他们当然喜欢 这是教学的未来 |
[22:20] | I’m not sure why we’re letting this particular future sell it. | 我不知道我们为什么要用这种特别的未来招揽人员 |
[22:23] | Peer-to-peer communication can be very effective. | 同辈交流的效率会非常高 |
[22:26] | So, basically, you’re unsupervised? | 所以你们基本上没人指导吗 |
[22:28] | No. | 不是 |
[22:29] | Attendings rotate | 主治医生会通过 |
[22:31] | through the carefully timed overlapping procedures. | 精心安排的时间步骤 轮流指导 |
[22:36] | They’re there for all the critical parts. See? | 他们会参与所有关键的部分 看到了吗 |
[22:38] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[22:40] | It’s ORs, | 手术室 |
[22:42] | residents, | 住院医师 |
[22:43] | attendings. | 主治医生 |
[22:46] | It would be better in color. | 彩色的可能会更好 |
[22:49] | The Webber Method | 韦伯教学法 |
[22:50] | lets us finish residency with a larger case log. | 让我们结束住院医师培训时有更多病例记录 |
[22:52] | And we get more autonomy, | 我们有更多自主权 |
[22:54] | which helps us become better surgeons. | 这将帮我们成为更好的外科医生 |
[22:55] | That’s kind of what everyone says. | 每个人都这么说 |
[22:58] | How do we know Grey-Sloan’s any better? | 我们怎么知道格蕾-斯隆医院会更好 |
[23:03] | Our personalized tote bag’s ready at Newport Med. | 我们个性化的托特包已在纽波特医院准备好 |
[23:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[23:10] | Well… | 好吧 |
[23:12] | Put that down. | 把那个放下 |
[23:14] | Good job, guys. | 干得好 伙计们 |
[23:18] | Dr. Wilson. | 威尔逊医生 |
[23:19] | Have you heard anything about Jeremy? | 你有杰瑞米的消息吗 |
[23:20] | Uh, no, but Dr. Lincoln | 没有 不过林肯医生 |
[23:22] | should be operating on him right now. | 现在应该在为他做手术 |
[23:23] | Can you check? | 你能去核实一下吗 |
[23:24] | The front desk can’t tell me anything | 前台什么都不肯告诉我 |
[23:26] | because I’m not family, but I am. | 因为我不是家属 但我是 |
[23:27] | I am his family. | 我是他的家人 |
[23:29] | Yesterday we did two shows in Boise, | 我们昨天在博伊西演出了两场 |
[23:30] | then packed up and drove here overnight. | 然后收拾行装 连夜开车来到这里 |
[23:33] | It’s not easy sleeping on a bus, | 在车上本就不容易睡着 |
[23:34] | let alone one where you’re crammed | 更不要说是挤在一辆 |
[23:35] | between a plywood tower and pile of wigs. | 装有胶合板大楼和一堆假发的车里 |
[23:38] | But we do it. | 但我们做到了 |
[23:39] | For six years now, we do it together. | 六年来 我们一直一起演出 |
[23:42] | Because we love it, and we love… | 因为我们热爱演出 我们喜欢… |
[23:45] | We, uh… | 我们… |
[23:47] | He’s my favorite — | 他是我最喜欢的… |
[23:49] | He’s my best… | 他是我最好的… |
[23:51] | His family is in Philadelphia, | 他的家人都在费城 |
[23:53] | and he hasn’t seen them for years. | 他已多年没见过他们了 |
[23:56] | I am his family. | 我就是他的家人 |
[23:57] | He told me he felt light headed this morning. | 他告诉我他今早有点头疼 |
[24:00] | I told him he was probably just tired from the travel. | 我说他可能只是旅途劳顿 |
[24:05] | I need to know he’s gonna be okay | 我需要知道他会没事 |
[24:07] | because if he’s not, then I’m not. | 因为如果他有事 我也会不好 |
[24:10] | Okay. Uh, let me go see what I can find out. | 好吧 我去看看能知道些什么 |
[24:12] | Can you — Can you watch them for me? | 你能 帮我照看一下他们吗 |
[24:14] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[24:21] | Alright, I’ll see if the last sample count’s done. | 好吧 我去看看上次样本是否完成计数 |
[24:23] | And prep for the next one. | 并准备下一批样本 |
[24:24] | Maybe we won’t need another one. | 也许我们不需要下一批样本了 |
[24:26] | Unbridled optimism. I like it. | 无限乐观 我喜欢 |
[24:29] | You ever work on a project for years | 你有在一个项目上工作多年 |
[24:30] | and then it just folded? | 然后失败的经历吗 |
[24:32] | Years? No. | 多年倒没有 |
[24:33] | Months? Yes. | 几个月是有的 |
[24:35] | What did you do? | 你当时做了什么 |
[24:35] | I rented a house in Hawaii for the summer. | 我在夏威夷租了间房子过暑假 |
[24:39] | Um, learned how to surf and grow my own pineapple, | 学会了冲浪和种菠萝 |
[24:42] | and came back and started again. | 然后回来重新开始 |
[24:44] | You ever want to give up? | 你想过放弃吗 |
[24:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[24:46] | But when everything falls into place | 但当一切都就位 |
[24:50] | and all the stars align | 所有都是理想状态 |
[24:52] | and you find that thing | 你会发现 |
[24:53] | that you weren’t even sure was possible, | 你不确定的那件事变成了可能 |
[24:56] | there is this feeling of intense satisfaction and pure joy | 那种强烈的成就感和极致纯粹的喜悦 |
[25:02] | that makes all the rest of it melt away. | 将之前所有的负面情绪都一扫而光 |
[25:04] | And it turns all the waiting and the setbacks | 然后你会发现所有的等待和挫折 |
[25:07] | and the disappointment into something worthwhile. | 以及失望都是值得的 |
[25:10] | And I think that can be | 我觉得这些感觉 |
[25:12] | as beautiful as the science itself. | 和科学本身一样美丽 |
[25:18] | Hey! Hey! It’s beeping! | 它响了 |
[25:29] | 79% 79%. | |
[25:31] | We had such a breakthrough | 我们解决了热涂层的问题 |
[25:32] | when we figured out the thermal coating. | 就已经是重大突破了 |
[25:33] | Nothing’s really moved the needle since. | 可从那之后就没有什么进展了 |
[25:38] | Dr. Shepherd? | 谢博德医生 |
[25:39] | We know the dopamine cells are cold going into the syringe | 我们知道多巴胺细胞进入注射器的时候是冷却的 |
[25:42] | and that the thermal insulation is holding that temperature. | 隔热层会让它们一直保持这个温度 |
[25:44] | But they’re gaining heat when they hit the brain, | 但当它们到达脑髓后会吸热 |
[25:46] | so that has to happen between here and here. | 因此问题一定出在这和这 |
[25:49] | The needle. | 注射针的问题 |
[25:50] | What if we could keep the cells cold | 要是我们能让多巴胺细胞 |
[25:51] | inside the needle? | 进入针头后依旧保持冷却呢 |
[25:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[25:56] | We can’t fit the whole thing in the freezer. | 冰箱里放不下整套装置 |
[26:03] | Working on getting better exposure of the adrenal vein. | 尽量使肾上腺静脉得到更多暴露 |
[26:07] | Dr. Wright, can you g– | 赖特医生 你能不能 |
[26:08] | Give more countertraction on the liver? | 给肝脏多一点对抗牵引吗 |
[26:10] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[26:11] | Let’s work on these adhesions. | 现在我们需要解决粘连的问题 |
[26:13] | You think you’ll have adequate visualization? | 你确定你能看得清楚吗 |
[26:15] | I do. | 我确定 |
[26:15] | And you’ll avoid getting into the vena cava? | 你需要避免进入腔静脉 |
[26:17] | Dr. Marsh, would you like to scrub in? | 马什医生 要不你来做手术 |
[26:19] | No, no, no. No, no. I’m good. You got it. | 不了不了 我相信你们可以 |
[26:21] | His anatomy on the right seems similar | 他右侧的组织与你描述的 |
[26:23] | to what you described on the left. | 左侧组织差不多 |
[26:24] | Yes. Well, you have to avoid the kidney. | 是的 你需要避开肾脏 |
[26:26] | – He can’t lose it. – Not my plan. | -他不能再失去肾脏了 -我没这个打算 |
[26:28] | He’s hypertensive and tachycardic. | 他的血压升高并且心动过速 |
[26:30] | Let’s hit him with 5 milligrams of phentolamine. | 给他注射5毫克的酚妥拉明 |
[26:31] | Why’s his pressure all over the place? | 为什么这里的血压这么高 |
[26:33] | What about pushing Esmolol? | 给他注射艾司洛尔怎么样 |
[26:35] | I think you put too much pressure on the adrenal gland. | 你们给他的肾上腺加压太大了 |
[26:37] | You need to get control of the adrenal vein right now. | 你们需要控制一下肾上腺静脉的血压 |
[26:39] | – BP’s going down. – Okay. Taking the adrenal vein. | -血压在下降 -正在处理肾上腺静脉 |
[26:43] | Dr. Marsh, do you need to step out? | 马什医生 你想出去待会吗 |
[26:44] | I’m sorry. Excuse me? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[26:45] | I’m asking if you’re too invested | 我想问你是不是对这个病人 |
[26:47] | in this patient and need to step out. | 太上心 用不用出去透透气 |
[26:49] | Because you’re right. He does only have one kidney, | 因为你是对的 他的确只有一个肾 |
[26:51] | and right now I’m responsible for it. | 现在由我全权负责 |
[26:53] | So you either don’t trust me or — | 你要不就是不信任我 要不就是 |
[26:55] | Well, I’m responsible for the other one. | 我为另一个肾脏负责 |
[26:58] | Brian’s my donor. | 布里安是我的捐献者 |
[26:59] | He’s been my best friend since we were 5 years old. | 我们5岁开始就是最好的朋友了 |
[27:01] | And he saved my life by giving me a kidney. | 他给了我一个肾 救了我的命 |
[27:04] | Step out. | 出去 |
[27:05] | Meredith, I’m fine. | 梅瑞狄斯 我没事 |
[27:06] | Dr. Marsh, get out of the OR. | 马什医生 请你离开手术室 |
[27:25] | Got your page. What do you got? | 收到你的呼叫了 这边什么情况 |
[27:26] | 31-year-old male with CCTGA and an open femur fracture. | 31岁男性 矫正型大动脉错位和股骨开放性骨折 |
[27:30] | He fell about 10 feet. | 他从三米高的地方摔了下来 |
[27:31] | Ladder? | 梯子 |
[27:32] | Hair. | 头发 |
[27:34] | He’s the prince in “Rapunzel.” | 他是《长发公主》里的王子 |
[27:36] | He had CPR in the field, | 他在事发现场接受了心肺复苏术 |
[27:37] | as well as multiple shocks from an AED. | 以及除颤仪的多次电击 |
[27:39] | I’m almost done with his ex-fix, | 我就快完成了外固定 |
[27:40] | but he’s having various arrhythmias. | 但是他出现了多种心律不齐 |
[27:42] | We already tried transcutaneous pacing. | 我们已经尝试了经皮起搏 |
[27:43] | Well, maybe he had a potassium surge | 或许是你松开止血带的时候 |
[27:45] | when you released the tourniquet. | 造成钾元素含量激增 |
[27:48] | Alright, we got a pulse with that? | 有脉搏了吗 |
[27:49] | – No pulse. – Alright. Start compressions. | -没有 -开始按压 |
[27:51] | Lose the C-arm. | 别用C型臂了 |
[27:52] | Someone get me antiseptic. | 给我杀菌剂 |
[27:53] | Bokhee, can you gown me, please? | 博基 能给我穿一下手术服吗 |
[27:55] | Let’s get him Betadine and a temporary pacing kit. | 给他注射必妥碘 准备临时起搏套件 |
[27:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:01] | Do you prefer using EBVS in these kind of cases? | 在这种情况下你更喜欢用双极电热容止血仪吗 |
[28:03] | I find it efficient. We’ve got some oozing — | 我认为那些很有效 出现了渗血 |
[28:06] | I’ve got your hemostatic agent. | 给你止血剂 |
[28:08] | Okay. Exactly right. | 好 正是我需要的 |
[28:11] | I can see why you’re Dr. Marsh’s favorite resident. | 我终于明白你为什么是马什医生最喜欢的住院医生了 |
[28:14] | Thank you. | 过奖了 |
[28:14] | That means a lot coming from you, Dr. Grey. | 这对我来说意义重大 格蕾医生 |
[28:17] | You’re part of a medical legacy. | 你是医学传承的一部分 |
[28:18] | My mother was one of the greats. | 我的母亲确实是最伟大的医生之一 |
[28:20] | I meant that you studied under the esteemed Miranda Bailey. | 我的意思是你师从德高望重的玛兰达·贝利医生 |
[28:23] | You know Dr. Bailey? | 你认识贝利医生 |
[28:24] | I saw her lecture on preventing post-op fistulas | 我在医学院的时候听过 |
[28:27] | when I was in med school. | 她预防术后瘘管的课程 |
[28:28] | Then I watched every one | 之后我把我能找到的 |
[28:29] | of her surgical videos that I could find. | 她的手术录像全看了一遍 |
[28:31] | There’s one of this Whipple. | 其中有一例惠普尔手术 |
[28:33] | When she did the mucosal anastomosis, | 她做粘膜吻合术的时候 |
[28:34] | her PDS sutures were all in one motion. | 缝合总是一气呵成 |
[28:37] | It’s like she’d been doing it forever. | 就像她从小就做这个手术一样 |
[28:38] | Except she was a first-year attending. | 可她当时只是一年主治医师 |
[28:41] | I’d give anything to learn her techniques, | 为了学到她的技艺 我做什么都行 |
[28:43] | so assisting you today | 今天能当你的助手 |
[28:45] | is a highlight of my residency. | 是我住院医生期间的高光时刻 |
[28:46] | Why didn’t you apply for residency at Grey-Sloan? | 为什么你不申请格蕾-斯隆医院的实习呢 |
[28:49] | I did. | 申请过了 |
[28:51] | Didn’t match. | 没通过 |
[28:52] | Broke my heart. | 我一度很伤心 |
[28:56] | – Can I take two? – Absolutely. | -我能拿两盒吗 -当然 |
[28:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:59] | Bailey! Hi! | 贝利 你们好 |
[29:02] | I came back early! Hi, Dr. Lin. | 我提早回来了 你好 林医生 |
[29:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[29:05] | Winston is still parking the car. | 温斯顿还在停车 |
[29:06] | I’m so sorry we’re late. | 很抱歉我们迟到了 |
[29:08] | Pepperoni? | 意大利辣香肠披萨 |
[29:09] | It’s deep dish! | 是厚底披萨 |
[29:10] | Chicago Lutheran had it flown in. | 从芝加哥路德教会空运过来的 |
[29:13] | Do you want a piece? I can always just get another one — | 你要一块吗 我可以再拿一份 |
[29:14] | No, I do not want your pizza. | 不 我不要你的披萨 |
[29:19] | – Is everything okay? – Okay? | -一切都还好吗 -好吗 |
[29:20] | No, everything is not okay, but, hey, | 不 一切都不好 不过 |
[29:22] | now that you’re here, maybe you can fix it. | 既然你来了 也许你能修复这一切 |
[29:25] | – Yeah. – I mean, you’re a… | -好吧 -你可是… |
[29:26] | world-class cardiothoracic surgeon! | 世界级的心胸外科医生 |
[29:33] | It doesn’t matter if you didn’t bring swag. | 你没带家伙什来也没关系 |
[29:36] | Medical marijuana is legal in Seattle. | 医用大麻在西雅图是合法的 |
[29:38] | Maybe we should have given out weed gummies to the students. | 也许我们应该给学生们发几块大麻口香糖 |
[29:41] | That’s actually not a bad idea. | 这不是个坏主意 |
[29:43] | Stop it. It is a terrible idea. | 够了 这主意太糟糕了 |
[29:47] | – We never handed out pizza.- No. | -我们从来没发过披萨 -没有 |
[29:49] | We never threw free gifts at people. | 我们从没给过人免费礼物 |
[29:53] | Never even offered pens. | 甚至连只笔也没给过 |
[29:58] | Because we’ve been enough. | 因为有我们就足够了 |
[30:00] | The doctors who work here have been enough, right? | 有在这工作的医生就足够了 对吗 |
[30:02] | They used to line up! | 他们以前还排队呢 |
[30:04] | They used to want us. | 他们以前很想加入我们 |
[30:06] | Now, what, we’re supposed to beg | 现在是什么样 我们应该 |
[30:08] | for their attention? | 去求他们关注吗 |
[30:09] | And give them toys to try to hold it? | 然后给他们玩具留住他们吗 |
[30:12] | Do you want to take a break? | 你想休息一下吗 |
[30:14] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我想 |
[30:16] | A nice, long one. | 一个又美又长的休息 |
[30:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:23] | You used a frozen needle for this sample, too? | 这份样本你也是用的冷冻针管吗 |
[30:25] | Yes. We are trying them at different temperatures. | 是的 我们在尝试不同的温度 |
[30:28] | You know, when I fell, | 我摔倒的时候 |
[30:29] | my granddaughter was at the house. | 我孙女在家 |
[30:30] | She’s 12. | 她12岁 |
[30:32] | It scared her. | 我吓到她了 |
[30:35] | It scared me. | 这也吓到我了 |
[30:36] | Okay. The injector’s set. We’re ready for the needle. | 好的 注射器就位 我们准备插针管 |
[30:37] | Please, God. | 求你了 上帝 |
[30:39] | How cold is that one? | 温度有多低 |
[30:40] | Three degrees Celsius. | 3摄氏度 |
[30:42] | One degree colder than the one in the counter. | 比柜子里的低一度 |
[30:43] | What if it freezes the cells? | 如果这样会冻住细胞呢 |
[30:45] | Well, then we try again. | 那我们就再试一次 |
[30:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:49] | We should inject before it warms up. | 我们要在它回温前完成注射 |
[30:51] | Looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[30:56] | Can I just confirm that the — | 我能稍微确认一下 |
[30:59] | Okay, with all due respect, | 好吧 恕我直言 |
[31:00] | we are trying very hard to make this project viable. | 我们正非常努力地让这个项目变得可行 |
[31:02] | And your constant questions are not helping. | 你不断地提问对此毫无帮助 |
[31:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:08] | what do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[31:10] | The FDA viability requirement, they want 90%? | 药监局要求的存活率是90%吗 |
[31:13] | Correct. | 对 |
[31:14] | Because your last sample is currently… | 因为你们最新样本存活率目前是… |
[31:18] | …at 92%. | 有92% |
[31:19] | Yes! | 漂亮 |
[31:21] | Sorry. But…Yes! | 不好意思 但是…太棒了 |
[31:24] | We might cure Parkinson’s. | 我们也许可以治好帕金森病人 |
[31:26] | Oh, God, I hope I didn’t run off your sister. | 我的天 我希望没赶走你姐姐 |
[31:39] | What are those faces? I-Is he…? | 这是什么表情 他… |
[31:40] | – Jeremy’s okay. – Oh, my God. | -杰里米没事 -天哪 |
[31:42] | Well, we do have to put in | 虽然他在这的时候 |
[31:43] | a permanent pacemaker while he’s here, | 我们要给他放一个永久心脏起搏器 |
[31:45] | but he should be fine. | 但他会好起来 |
[31:46] | Oh, my God. Oh, thank you. | 天哪 感谢你们 |
[31:49] | Oh, thank you so much! Y’all are superheroes. | 太感谢你们了 你们真是超级英雄 |
[31:52] | We’re glad we could help. | 能帮上忙我们也很开心 |
[31:53] | Uh, can I see him? | 我能看看他吗 |
[31:54] | I don’t care if he’s sleeping. | 我不在乎他是不是在睡觉 |
[31:55] | He’s my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[31:57] | I just want to see for myself that he’s okay. | 我就是想亲眼看看他确实没事 |
[31:58] | Yeah. Come with me. | 当然可以 跟我来 |
[32:06] | That woman is not good at pretending. | 那位女士的演技不行 |
[32:10] | That’s a harsh review for a kids’ show. | 这真是对儿童表演的一个残酷评论 |
[32:13] | No, she, uh — | 不是 她说 |
[32:14] | she keeps saying the prince is her best friend, | 她一直说那个王子是她最好的朋友 |
[32:16] | but she is so clearly in love with him. | 但她显然爱上了他 |
[32:20] | Maybe it’s both. | 也许是互相的 |
[32:22] | What? | 什么 |
[32:23] | Like best friends who got married? | 像结婚了的好朋友吗 |
[32:24] | Like Hunt and Altman? | 像亨特和阿尔特曼那样吗 |
[32:26] | Or, you know, you have a crush, | 或者是 你知道 你有点心动 |
[32:28] | and you work through it and become best friends. | 然后你克服了这份心动 成了挚友 |
[32:31] | Like us. | 像我们这样 |
[32:32] | I never had a crush on you. | 我从没对你心动过 |
[32:34] | Not you. | 不是说你 |
[32:35] | Me. | 是我 |
[32:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[32:39] | I had a huge crush on you. | 我曾经特别喜欢你 |
[32:41] | Why do you think I worked at Jimmy’s | 你觉得我为什么 |
[32:42] | the summer after I graduated? | 毕业之后的夏天在吉米工作 |
[32:44] | It wasn’t for the tips in quarters. | 才不是为了25美分堆起来的小费 |
[32:47] | Then you set me up with Bronwyn, | 然后你把布朗温介绍给了我 |
[32:49] | who eventually broke my heart. | 那个让我心碎的女人 |
[32:50] | And you started dating Paul. | 同时你开始和保罗交往 |
[32:53] | He was such a bad guy, | 他是个渣男 |
[32:54] | I figured you needed a best friend. | 我认为你需要一个好朋友 |
[32:56] | So here we are. | 所以成了现在这样 |
[32:58] | And thank God because I don’t know | 谢天谢地 因为我不知道 |
[32:59] | what I’d be doing without you right now. | 如果没有你我现在会在做什么 |
[33:02] | Okay, I’m gonna go change. | 好的 我去换衣服 |
[33:05] | And then we can grab some dinner on the way home? | 然后我们回家路上可以买点晚饭 |
[33:34] | They’re settling Brian in the PACU now. | 他们正在安排布里安去麻醉后监测治疗室 |
[33:37] | Tumor is out. | 肿瘤取出来了 |
[33:38] | There was minimal bleeding. | 出血也很少 |
[33:40] | No damage to the kidney at all. | 对肾脏完全没有损害 |
[33:42] | And he will need follow-up, | 虽然他还需要后续治疗 |
[33:44] | but he’ll recover nicely. | 但他会恢复得很好 |
[33:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:48] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:52] | We, uh, played Little League, | 我们一起打少年棒球联盟 |
[33:54] | went camping every summer. | 每年夏天一起露营 |
[33:58] | When my mom died, I basically lived at his house. | 我妈妈过世时 我基本上住在他家 |
[34:02] | He and his wife co-parented Charlotte with me, | 他和他妻子 和我共同抚养夏洛特 |
[34:04] | and I can’t tell you how many dialysis sessions | 我说不清有多少次透析治疗 |
[34:05] | he sat through with me, so… | 他和我坐在一起 所以… |
[34:08] | Which is exactly why | 这正是你 |
[34:10] | you shouldn’t have been in there. | 不应该在那里的原因 |
[34:11] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[34:12] | I… | 我… |
[34:15] | I just — | 我只是 |
[34:16] | I didn’t want to put that burden on you. | 我不想给你增加负担 |
[34:18] | I didn’t want to make you personally invested because, | 我不想让你投入太多私人感情 因为 |
[34:22] | if God forbid something terrible happened, | 如果真的发生了意外 |
[34:23] | I didn’t want to put that on you. | 我不想让你心里有愧 |
[34:28] | I’m always personally invested. | 我一直会投入私人感情 |
[34:29] | The second I walk in the room, I’m personally invested, | 我走进房间的那刻起 我就投入了私人感情 |
[34:32] | whether I know them or not. | 无论我认不认识他们 |
[34:33] | And if I don’t know their story, I make one up. | 如果我不知道他们的故事 我就编一个 |
[34:36] | There is no such thing | 对我而言 |
[34:37] | as just a body on a table for me… | 没有你所谓的只是手术台上的患者 |
[34:40] | ever. | 从来没有 |
[34:42] | So you can give me the burden. | 所以你可以把重担给我 |
[34:44] | I can handle it. | 我能承受 |
[34:49] | When you operated on me… | 你给我做手术时候… |
[34:53] | …you make up a story? | 也编故事了吗 |
[34:55] | You told me your whole life story | 在我给你静脉输液之前 |
[34:56] | before I even had your IV in. | 你已经告诉我你整个人生的故事了 |
[34:58] | Oh, yeah. That’s true. | 对 确实是 |
[35:01] | Well, I owe you… | 这次我欠你 |
[35:03] | big time. | 一个大人情 |
[35:03] | And if we’re keeping score, that’s two. | 如果我们的比赛还继续的话 我得两分了 |
[35:06] | And I usually don’t call in IOUs, | 其实我不太喜欢让别人欠我人情 |
[35:08] | but today I might actually do it. | 但今天 那就欠着吧 |
[35:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:27] | “Your talents will soon be recognized and adored…” | “很快就会有人发现并欣赏你的才华” |
[35:33] | You’re supposed say “in bed.” | 你应该说”床上的才华” |
[35:34] | Right. | 是啊 |
[35:36] | In bed. | 床上的才华 |
[35:43] | I — | 我 |
[35:45] | I Googled Rapunzel. | 我搜了一下《长发公主》 |
[35:47] | After she’s banished and the prince goes blind, | 她被驱逐然后王子瞎了之后 |
[35:50] | he finds her singing in the forest. | 她在森林里唱歌时被王子发现了 |
[35:54] | Her tears of joy restore his sight, | 她喜悦的泪水让王子重见光明 |
[35:56] | and they get their happy ending… | 最终他们幸福地在一起了 |
[35:59] | even though it didn’t go the way they thought it would go. | 虽然不像他们一开始设想的那样 |
[36:02] | Maybe we’ll still get ours. | 也许我们也能最终得到我们的幸福 |
[36:05] | We just need some magic tears. | 我们只需要一些充满魔法的泪水 |
[36:08] | I’m serious. | 我说认真的 |
[36:09] | What if all the crap that we’ve been through | 如果我们经历的这么多糟心事 |
[36:12] | is just the middle part of the story… | 都只是故事的中间部分 |
[36:15] | the part you have to go through | 是你必须经历的那部分 |
[36:17] | to find your happily ever after? | 经历这些才能找到永远的幸福 |
[36:20] | Because when two people have been there for each other | 因为如果两个人一直相互扶持 |
[36:23] | over and over, | 不离不弃 |
[36:25] | through the worst that humanity has to offer… | 经历过人生最艰难的险阻 |
[36:30] | don’t they deserve to be happy? | 那他们不应该得到幸福了吗 |
[36:35] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[36:36] | Jo, you’re right. | 乔 你说得太对了 |
[36:38] | I’ve been holding onto a fairytale, | 我被困在了一个童话故事里 |
[36:39] | and it doesn’t — it doesn’t have to be that. | 而我 我不一定要作茧自缚 |
[36:44] | I love… | 我爱… |
[36:46] | Amelia. | 艾米莉娅 |
[36:47] | And I’m — And I’m so deeply in love with her. | 我 我如此深爱着她 |
[36:50] | I can wait. I-I don’t — I don’t have to get married now. | 我可以等 我不一定 必须现在结婚 |
[36:54] | I just need her. Right? | 我只需要她 对吧 |
[36:56] | Right. | 对 |
[36:58] | Should I call her? | 我该给她打个电话 |
[37:00] | S-Should I, uh, go to her house and wait? | 我是不是应该去她家等她 |
[37:02] | Oh, I-I should — I should pick her up at the airport. | 我应该 去机场接她 |
[37:04] | I wonder what time she gets in. Where’s my phone? | 她的航班几点降落来着 我手机哪去了 |
[37:06] | The invention of the microscope | 显微镜的发明 |
[37:08] | turned the scientific community on its head. | 带给科学界全新的视角 |
[37:10] | It gave scientists a whole new way of looking at things. | 让科学家以前所未见的方法观察事物 |
[37:14] | For the first time, they could see cells | 这是第一次 科学家们能看见细胞 |
[37:16] | and things they couldn’t with the naked eye. | 以及很多肉眼看不见的东西 |
[37:18] | I thought you never left the clinic. | 我还以为你从不离开医院 |
[37:21] | Only when I’ve had a major breakthrough | 我只在取得重大突破时离开 |
[37:23] | and to feed my cat. | 还有要喂猫的时候 |
[37:25] | You saved our project today. | 今天你挽救了我们的项目 |
[37:27] | We’re lucky to have you as our lead neurosurgeon. | 能有你来带领我们的神经外科真的非常幸运 |
[37:30] | Oh, it was a group effort. | 不 是大家共同努力的成果 |
[37:32] | And the surgery is not | 手术反而不是 |
[37:33] | the most complex part of this project. | 这个项目里最难的部分 |
[37:35] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[37:35] | But a lot of other neurosurgeons would have passed. | 但换成其他神外医生他们可能就放弃了 |
[37:38] | The risk of failure’s too big. | 失败的风险太大了 |
[37:40] | But you’re driven as much by the process as the outcome. | 但比起结果 你对过程同样重视 |
[37:45] | There’s a big difference | 不放弃和做得好 |
[37:46] | between not giving up and being good. | 两者之间还是有很大差别的 |
[37:50] | I don’t think Meredith Grey suffers fools. | 我觉得梅瑞狄斯·格蕾不会和傻瓜一起工作 |
[37:54] | The way I see it… | 照我看来 |
[37:56] | is you fell in love with neuro when you were 4 | 你在四岁的时候就已经爱上了神经外科 |
[37:59] | and you wanted to see where feelings came from. | 你希望看到情感是从何而生的 |
[38:02] | And you still love it. | 并且你现在依然爱着 |
[38:03] | Your eyes light up when you look at brains, | 你看到大脑的时候两眼放光 |
[38:05] | even the plastic ones. | 即使看到的是模型 |
[38:07] | And you’re unrelenting. | 你永不气馁 |
[38:09] | You don’t settle. | 你从不妥协 |
[38:11] | And that’s what matters | 当你想在新的领域取得突破 |
[38:12] | when you want to break new ground. | 这些精神才是最重要的 |
[38:17] | I’m glad today worked out. | 我很高兴今天成功了 |
[38:19] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[38:20] | It means we get to keep working together. | 这意味着我们可以继续一起工作了 |
[38:24] | You want to celebrate? Grab some dinner? | 要不要庆祝一下 一起吃个饭 |
[38:27] | I have to catch a plane. | 我还得去赶飞机 |
[38:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:31] | But I will see you next week. | 不过我们下周见 |
[38:35] | The simple use of curved glass to bend and refract light | 用曲折的玻璃弯曲折射光线这样简单的操作 |
[38:38] | revolutionized how we see the world. | 给我们观察世界的方式带来了一场革命 |
[38:42] | In many ways, | 从许多方面来说 |
[38:44] | it’s not all that different from everyday life. | 这与现实生活也并无二致 |
[38:53] | Do you have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[38:54] | Not if you’re gonna tell me | 除非你是准备告诉我 |
[38:55] | that you’ve been appointed Surgeon General. | 你被指派为卫生局局长了 |
[38:58] | I’m sorry I wasn’t at the convention. | 很抱歉没能去成招新会 |
[39:00] | Doesn’t matter. None of it does. | 没关系 完全没有关系 |
[39:01] | You know, for years, I’ve spent all of my energy | 这么多年来 我花费大量精力 |
[39:04] | recruiting the best. | 招募最优秀的医学生 |
[39:06] | Then I train them. | 然后我培训他们 |
[39:07] | I watch their every move, | 我盯着他们的每一个动作 |
[39:08] | I teach them everything I know, | 教给他们我全部所学 |
[39:10] | and then they take all that knowledge | 然后他们就带着这些所有技能学识 |
[39:12] | and go off to make groundbreaking, | 跑去进行创新 |
[39:14] | world-changing contributions to medicine. | 能改变世界的医学研究 |
[39:17] | Meanwhile, I’m still spending a whole day | 而与此同时 我却花了一整天时间 |
[39:20] | standing on a sidewalk next to a folding table, | 站在折叠桌旁的人行道上 |
[39:23] | trying to convince a bunch of medical students | 试着说服一群看起来像小学生的 |
[39:25] | who look like teenagers | 医学生们 |
[39:26] | that I am worth their time. | 鄙院值得他们花时间关注一下 |
[39:28] | Do — Uh, do you need something? | 你 你到底要干什么 |
[39:30] | I have someone I would like you meet. | 我希望你见一个人 |
[39:33] | W– | 什么 |
[39:37] | Dr. Miranda Bailey, | 玛兰达·贝利医生 |
[39:38] | I would like you to meet Dr. Jordan Wright. | 请允许我介绍乔丹·赖特医生 |
[39:42] | He’s a resident in Minnesota, | 他是明尼苏达的住院医 |
[39:44] | but he would like to transfer to Grey-Sloan. | 他想转到格蕾-斯隆来 |
[39:46] | We did a surgery together. He’s excellent. | 我们一起做了台手术 他非常优秀 |
[39:49] | Nice to meet you, Dr. Wright. | 很高兴认识你 赖特医生 |
[39:51] | And tell me why you’re interested in Grey-Sloan? | 请说说你为什么对格蕾-斯隆感兴趣 |
[39:54] | You, Dr. Bailey. | 因为你 贝利医生 |
[39:56] | I want to learn from you. | 我希望能向你学习 |
[40:01] | I’m listening. | 继续说 |
[40:03] | First of all… | 首先 |
[40:05] | Sometimes seeing life through a different lens | 有时 透过不同的镜片[视角]观察生活 |
[40:08] | opens a new world of possibilities. | 可以带来全新的机遇 |