时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I thought it might be the Chesapeake Ripper, but there | 我本以为是切萨皮克开膛手所为 |
[00:03] | were no surgical trophies taken. | 但凶手并没切除任何器官作为纪念品 |
[00:04] | I’m gonna need you to prepare yourself on this one. | 这回你得做好准备 |
[00:05] | I’m prepared. | 我准备好了 |
[00:07] | Yeah, prepare yourself some more. | 要做好充分准备 |
[00:08] | – It’s soup in there. – Jack gave you his word | -里面简直不堪入目 -杰克向你保证过 |
[00:10] | he would protect your headspace, | 他会保护你不受刺激 |
[00:11] | yet he leaves you to your mental devices. | 但他却放任你沉浸于想象之中 |
[00:14] | Are you trying to alienate me from Jack Crawford? | 你是在离间我和杰克・克劳福德吗 |
[00:16] | It’s difficult to lie still and | 要平静躺着 |
[00:17] | fear going to sleep when it’s there to think about. | 却担心不小心睡着是很难的 |
[00:21] | Do you have a history of sleepwalking, Mr. Graham? | 你以前梦游过吗 格雷厄姆先生 |
[00:23] | My wife and I need to talk. May we use your waiting room? | 我得跟我妻子谈谈 能借用你的等候室吗 |
[00:25] | – Lung cancer. – When were you gonna tell me? | -是肺癌 -你打算什么时候才告诉我 |
[00:27] | Do I seem different? | 我看起来很独特吗 |
[00:29] | But you’ve always been a little different. | 但是你总和大家有点不一样 |
[00:30] | It’s getting harder and harder to make myself look. | 我已经越来越难看清楚了 |
[00:33] | I’m not gonna tell you what you ought to do. | 我不会告诉你该做什么 |
[00:34] | I don’t know how much | 我不知道 |
[00:35] | longer I can be all that useful to you, Jack. | 我还能帮助你多长时间 杰克 |
[00:37] | Really? The last three we had, you caught. | 真的吗 最近的三个人都是你抓住的 |
[00:39] | You can’t arrest me for writing an article. | 你不能因为我写了一篇文章就逮捕我 |
[00:41] | You don’t write another word about Will Graham | 如果你不再写关于威尔・格雷厄姆的文章 |
[00:43] | and I won’t have to. | 我就可以考虑 |
[00:57] | This is your final opportunity to comply. | 这是你服从的最后机会 |
[01:00] | On your feet, Dr. Gideon, | 站起来 吉迪恩医生 |
[01:02] | or we will restrain you. | 否则我们就要拘禁你了 |
[01:10] | Alright, lace your fingers behind your head! | 好了 手指交叉放在脑后 |
[01:24] | Get a gurney! | 拿一张轮床过来 |
[02:13] | {\pos(219,238)}巴尔的摩州立犯罪精神病院 | |
[02:25] | Well, thanks to Freddie Lounds, | 好吧 多亏了弗雷迪・劳兹 |
[02:27] | there’s an unconfirmed story floating out there | 有未经证实的传闻出现 |
[02:29] | that the Chesapeake Ripper’s already in custody. | 说切萨皮克开膛手已经被逮捕了 |
[02:31] | Unconfirmed. Am I confirming? | 未经证实 要我来证实吗 |
[02:33] | Fact-checking for Freddie Lounds… | 为弗雷迪・劳兹核实情况 |
[02:35] | You’re fact-checking for me. | 你应该为我核实一下情况 |
[02:38] | I always feel a little nervous going into these places. | 来这种地方我总是很紧张 |
[02:40] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[02:41] | – Afraid they won’t let me out. – Don’t worry. | -害怕他们不放我出来 -别担心 |
[02:43] | – I won’t leave you here. – Yeah, not today. | -我不会把你扔在那的 -可能今天不会 |
[02:47] | Dr. Bloom just called me about you, | 布鲁姆医生刚刚来电问你的事 |
[02:48] | Mr. Graham– or should I call you Dr. Graham? | 格雷厄姆先生 还是应该叫你格雷厄姆医生 |
[02:51] | – I’m not a doctor. – You’re not FBI either. | -我不是医生 -你也不是联调局探员 |
[02:53] | That’s a temporary identification | 那只是个临时的身份 |
[02:55] | Mr. Graham teaches at the academy. | 格雷厄姆先生在学院授课 |
[02:57] | Ah, a teacher. | 是个老师啊 |
[02:58] | Please, gentlemen, take a seat. | 先生们 请坐吧 |
[03:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:05] | Dr. Chilton, we’re going to need to see | 奇尔顿医生 趁着案发现场 |
[03:07] | the crime scene while it’s still relatively undisturbed. | 还没被破坏之前 我们需要去看看 |
[03:10] | I assure you, for something so disturbing, | 我跟你保证 那么令人不舒服的地方 |
[03:12] | it is quite undisturbed. | 没人会去破坏的 |
[03:14] | Why was a nurse left alone with a prisoner | 在一个戒备森严的精神病院里 |
[03:16] | in a high-security psychiatric hospital? | 为什么一位护士会单独和囚犯留在一起 |
[03:19] | For the two years since he was brought here, | 他被带到这里已经两年了 |
[03:21] | Gideon behaved perfectly | 吉迪恩一直表现良好 |
[03:23] | and gave every appearance | 在治疗当中的表现 |
[03:24] | of cooperating with attempts at therapy. | 都是非常合作的 |
[03:26] | As dictated by our present administrator, | 根据我们现任管理员的陈述 |
[03:28] | security around him was slightly… relaxed. | 他周围的安全措施有点 松懈 |
[03:32] | I cannot help feeling responsible | 发生这样的事 |
[03:34] | myself for what happened. | 我觉得我有一定的责任 |
[03:36] | He sat directly across from me | 他就坐在我的对面 |
[03:38] | and I had no idea what he was hiding. | 我却完全不知道他有所隐藏 |
[03:40] | And now one of our staff is dead. | 现在我们一位工作人员丧命了 |
[03:42] | I understand, Doctor. | 我理解 医生 |
[03:43] | Mr. Graham’s going to need to see the crime scene | 格雷厄姆先生需要看一下犯罪现场 |
[03:46] | with as much privacy as you can provide. | 请您给予最大的隐私保护 |
[03:48] | Oh, yes, that thing you do. | 是啊 你有这个习惯 |
[03:50] | You’re quite the topic of conversation in, | 你在精神学界 |
[03:53] | uh, psychiatric circles, Mr. Graham. | 算是个热门话题 格雷厄姆先生 |
[03:56] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[03:57] | Uh, yes. A unique cocktail | 是啊 独特的人格障碍 |
[03:59] | of personality disorders and | 与神经衰弱症的综合体 |
[04:01] | neuroses that make you a highly skilled profiler. | 让你成为了技术精湛的侧写员 |
[04:04] | He’s not here to be analyzed. | 他不是来这被你分析的 |
[04:06] | Perhaps he should be. | 或许他应该被分析 |
[04:08] | We are woefully short of material | 我们对于你的那些事 |
[04:09] | on your sort of thing, Mr. Graham. | 知晓的内容少得可怜 格雷厄姆先生 |
[04:12] | Would you mind speaking to some of the staff? | 你介意跟我的一些工作人员谈谈吗 |
[04:13] | – Doctor. – No, no, no. Not this trip. | -医生 -不不 这次不用 |
[04:17] | Maybe a special visit. | 改日来一个特殊访问吧 |
[04:18] | Thank you, Dr. Chilton. | 谢谢了 奇尔顿医生 |
[04:19] | I’d like to see the crime scene now. | 我现在去看案发现场 |
[04:22] | So, Gideon was restrained? | 当时吉迪恩被控制住了吗 |
[04:24] | Handcuffed. | 被铐住了 |
[04:26] | He concealed a fork tine in the palm of his hand | 他在手掌里藏了叉子的齿 |
[04:28] | – and used it to pick the lock. – Where is he now? | -用它开了锁 -他现在在哪 |
[04:30] | In his cell. | 在他的牢房里 |
[04:33] | You’ll note | 你们会注意到 |
[04:34] | the removal of organs and the abdominal mutilations | 死者的器官被移除 开膛破肚 |
[04:36] | are all consistent with the Chesapeake Ripper. | 这些都与切萨皮克开膛手的作案方式一致 |
[04:39] | So is the brutalization of the corpses, but that doesn’t | 就算尸体被残害 但不能改变 |
[04:41] | change the fact that the Ripper is still out there. | 开膛手还在逍遥法外的事实 |
[04:42] | Jack, what I’m about to show you | 杰克 你将看到的犯罪现场 |
[04:46] | suggests otherwise. | 可以反驳你的观点 |
[04:51] | Dr. Chilton consulted on the case when we failed | 开膛手犯下最后一系列谋杀案后 |
[04:54] | to catch the Ripper after his last series of murders. | 我们没能抓住他 奇尔顿医生是当时的顾问 |
[05:13] | The reason you failed | 你之所以 |
[05:13] | and kept failing to capture the Chesapeake Ripper… | 没抓到切萨皮克开膛手 而且一直抓不到他 |
[05:16] | was I already had him. | 是因为他已经在我这了 |
[08:15] | As far as we know, it’s been | 据我们所知 切萨皮克开膛手 |
[08:16] | over two years since the Chesapeake Ripper killed? | 已经有两年多没犯案了吧 |
[08:19] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[08:25] | When was Gideon admitted? | 吉迪恩什么时候入院的 |
[08:27] | Almost two years ago. | 差不多两年前 |
[08:35] | Lass, Miriam. Come in. | 米里亚姆・拉斯 进来 |
[08:37] | {\pos(188,243)}两年前 | |
[08:39] | Morning, Agent Crawford. | 早上好 克劳福德探员 |
[08:40] | Sorry to pull you out of class. There’s nothing wrong. | 抱歉打扰你上课了 没出什么问题 |
[08:43] | Uh, no reason to be nervous. | 不用紧张 |
[08:45] | I’m not nervous. Curious. | 我不紧张 是好奇 |
[08:48] | Your instructors tell me | 你的导师告诉我 |
[08:48] | – that you are in the top 10%? – Top five, sir. | -你成绩名列前百分之十 -是百分之五 长官 |
[08:52] | You’re gonna have to stop | 为了我们能好好相处 |
[08:53] | correcting me if we’re gonna get along, Lass. | 你不能纠正我的错误 拉斯 |
[08:56] | Take a seat. | 坐吧 |
[08:58] | You wrote me a letter when you qualified for the academy. | 被学院录取时你给我写了封信 |
[09:02] | I wasn’t sure you got it. You never replied. | 我都不确定你收没收到 你一直没回信 |
[09:05] | Never do. Odds are against any trainee completing the program. | 我从不回信 实习生完成培训的几率很小 |
[09:08] | But I’m glad to see you’re still here. | 但我很高兴你还在这 |
[09:12] | In your letter, you said you wanted to work for me | 在信里你说你想来为我工作 |
[09:14] | in the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program. | 想参与暴力犯罪缉捕计划 |
[09:16] | – Yes, sir. – There might be an opportunity. | -是的 长官 -也许有机会 |
[09:18] | I’m assuming that you’re familiar with the Chesapeake Ripper. | 我想你应该熟悉切萨皮克开膛手吧 |
[09:21] | – Yes. – Ripper’s very hot right now. | -是的 -开膛手现在很危险 |
[09:24] | Killed his last two victims in six days. | 六天内杀了两人 |
[09:25] | There’ll be at least one more body | 至少还会有一人受害 |
[09:27] | and then nothing for months. | 然后几个月都风平浪静 |
[09:28] | They say he’s a true sociopath. | 都说他是个货真价实的反社会者 |
[09:31] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[09:34] | I say they don’t know what else to label him. | 我觉得人们除此之外不知道怎么形容他 |
[09:36] | He has some of the | 他确实有一些 |
[09:37] | characteristics of what they call a sociopath– | 所谓的反社会人格的特征 |
[09:40] | no remorse or guilt at all. | 完全没有罪恶感 |
[09:42] | He won’t have any of the other marks. | 他没有其他明显特征 |
[09:44] | He won’t be a drifter. | 他不是个流浪汉 |
[09:45] | He’ll have no history of trouble with the law. | 他不会有任何犯罪前科 |
[09:49] | He’ll be hard to catch. | 要抓到他很难 |
[09:51] | I’m assigning you to the Chesapeake Ripper task force. | 我会把你派到切萨皮克开膛手调查组 |
[09:53] | You’re gonna work directly under me. | 你直接在我手下工作 |
[09:56] | I’m grateful for the opportunity, Agent Crawford. | 很感激您给我这次机会 克劳福德探员 |
[09:59] | But I can’t help wondering… why me? | 但我很好奇 为什么选我 |
[10:03] | You have a forensics fellowship, | 你有法医资格 |
[10:05] | six years of law enforcement, | 执法六年 |
[10:07] | a degree in psychology, doctorate in criminology. | 拥有心理学学位 犯罪学博士学位 |
[10:10] | And what I don’t have are enough warm bodies. | 而我正缺人手 |
[10:15] | So, I’m gonna need your full attention on this. | 所以 你要集中精神查案 |
[10:18] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[10:20] | 巴尔的摩州立犯罪精神病院 | |
[10:23] | The volume of Abel Gideon’s mail is becoming a nuisance. | 寄给亚伯・吉迪恩的信太多了 非常麻烦 |
[10:26] | Sometimes I feel like his secretary rather than his keeper. | 有时候感觉我是他的秘书 而不是管理人 |
[10:30] | Any specific correspondences that stood out from the others? | 信件中有哪封比较特殊吗 |
[10:33] | Mostly researchers or PHD candidates | 大部分是研究员或博士生 |
[10:36] | requesting interviews. | 要求进行采访的来信 |
[10:38] | A scattered dozen lonely hearts | 还有很多寂寞的芳心 |
[10:40] | seeking his hand in marriage. | 来信说想跟他结婚 |
[10:42] | He butchered his last wife and her family on Thanksgiving. | 感恩节那天他残杀了他之前的妻子及其家人 |
[10:46] | There’s no accounting for taste–or intelligence. | 各有所好嘛 也没哪封信比较特殊 |
[10:50] | Murdering his wife was impulsive. | 杀了他妻子是冲动之举 |
[10:52] | The Chesapeake Ripper is methodical, meticulous. | 切萨皮克开膛手是有条不紊且一丝不苟的人 |
[10:56] | That’s why he’s so hard to catch. | 所以抓他才那么难 |
[10:58] | That was so hard to catch. | 虽然难可我们抓到了 |
[11:03] | Will you be conducting a joint interview? | 你们要去探监审讯吗 |
[11:05] | Separate. Compare and contrast. | 分开进行 好做对比 |
[11:07] | I know you’re anxious to get on with it. | 我知道你急着去见他 |
[11:09] | You have talked to Gideon before, for some length of time. | 你之前和吉迪恩谈过 还谈了挺久 |
[11:12] | Well, I saw him mainly in court. I wrote an article | 我大多是在法庭上见他 我在犯罪心理学杂志 |
[11:15] | about him in the Journal of Criminal Psychology. | 发表过一篇关于他的文章 |
[11:17] | He is very familiar with you. | 他很熟悉你 |
[11:21] | He has given you a lot of thought. | 他给了你很多想法 |
[11:23] | You had some sessions with him? | 你跟他做过心理会谈吗 |
[11:25] | Yes, two, | 对 两次 |
[11:26] | a couple years ago when he was first institutionalized. | 两年前他入院的时候 |
[11:29] | I’ve read your notes, of course. | 当然 我读了你的笔记 |
[11:31] | They were more or less helpful | 多多少少有点帮助 |
[11:33] | as I conducted my own interviews with Dr. Gideon over the years. | 鉴于这些年我也一直在讯问吉迪恩医生 |
[11:37] | – Well, I’m glad I was helpful. – More or less. | -很高兴能帮上忙 -是”多多少少” |
[11:43] | I’ll go first. | 我先去吧 |
[12:09] | Why, Dr. Bloom. | 居然是布鲁姆医生 |
[12:12] | How wonderful to see you again. | 能再见到你真是太好了 |
[12:15] | – You remembered. – I’ve met a lot | -你还记得 -我这两年 |
[12:16] | of psychiatrists in the last two years. | 见过不少心理医生 |
[12:18] | It’s hard to forget one so sublime. | 怎么可能忘记你这么优秀的医生 |
[12:21] | Thank you for your time, Dr. Gideon, | 谢谢你能抽出时间 吉迪恩医生 |
[12:23] | I won’t waste it. | 我可不想浪费 |
[12:24] | Shall we begin? | 我们开始吧 |
[12:26] | Dr. Bloom, what is this to be? | 布鲁姆医生 这回又怎么了 |
[12:28] | I was caught red-handed. I mean, literally. | 我被捕时双手沾满了血污 人赃并获 |
[12:31] | There’s no mystery as to whodunit. | 这不像推理小说 会出现任何疑点 |
[12:33] | I did it. | 人是我杀的 |
[12:35] | The mystery is whether you are who you say you are. | 现在的疑点是 你真的是凶手吗 |
[12:39] | – Or not. – Never liked being called | -或者不是 -我一点都不喜欢被叫做 |
[12:41] | the Chesapeake Ripper. | 切萨皮克开膛手 |
[12:44] | Maybe something with a little more wit. | 最好能有个听上去聪明些的绰号 |
[12:47] | Is that why you didn’t | 所以在此之前 |
[12:48] | take credit for the Ripper murders before now? | 你才没有承认犯下那些开膛手谋杀案吗 |
[12:52] | Just watching the goose chase from the box seats. | 我只是想看着你们从掌控全局到徒劳无功 |
[12:55] | Two years of goose chasing. | 看着我们白白浪费两年 |
[12:58] | You must be a very patient man. | 你肯定很有耐心 |
[12:59] | Are you just gonna run | 你是准备 |
[13:00] | the psychopathic checklist here? | 在这测试我的精神病态量表吗 |
[13:00] | 用于测试精神病态人格 具体为反社会与攻击型人格 | |
[13:02] | I have had my personality inventoried | 我已经进行过 |
[13:05] | 由明尼苏达大学教授哈瑟韦和麦金力制定的人格测验 最常用于鉴别精神疾病 | |
[13:05] | by the Minnesota Multiphasic. | 明尼苏达多相人格测试 |
[13:07] | Would you prefer a Rorschach test? | 还是说你更想进行罗夏克墨迹测验 |
[13:07] | 瑞士精神病学家罗夏克创立的人格测验 | |
[13:09] | Well, if you’re gonna show me those pictures, | 如果你真要给我看那些卡片 |
[13:11] | maybe you should put a blood pressure cuff | 还不如给我的小弟弟绑个血压袖带 |
[13:14] | to my genitals. | 来得直接 |
[13:15] | I find it gives a much truer gauge of reaction. | 它的反应肯定更准 |
[13:19] | What effect were you hoping to have | 你杀害晚班护士 |
[13:21] | by killing the night nurse? | 有什么目的 |
[13:24] | The effect I was hoping to have was her death. | 我只是想杀死她 |
[13:30] | Mission accomplished. | 任务完成 |
[13:32] | Brutalization of the body was done posthumously. | 但这次是在人死后才开始虐尸 |
[13:37] | Chesapeake Ripper usually | 而切萨皮克开膛手通常 |
[13:38] | does that sort of thing during, | 在杀人过程中进行虐待 |
[13:40] | not after. | 而不是先杀后虐 |
[13:42] | I do not have to convince you | 我没有必要让你相信 |
[13:44] | that I am the Chesapeake Ripper. | 我就是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[13:51] | Seems that’s what you need to do. | 但你必须要让我们相信 |
[13:56] | Certainly what somebody needs. | 肯定会有人想让我们相信这些 |
[14:10] | Jack. | 杰克 |
[14:11] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[14:21] | I’m sorry. Um… | 不好意思 |
[14:24] | I was just, uh… | 我只是 |
[14:27] | In the neighborhood. | 走到这附近 |
[14:29] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多是这样 |
[14:35] | How’s Mrs. Crawford? | 克劳福德太太怎么样 |
[14:37] | Yeah, that’s why I was in the neighborhood. | 对了 所以我才来这附近 |
[14:41] | She’s fine. | 她很好 |
[14:43] | Well, she tells me that she’s fine | 但她每次跟我说她很好时 |
[14:45] | and she tells me when she’s not. | 真实情况往往很糟 |
[14:49] | You expect me to tell you more? | 你希望我能多给你透露一些吗 |
[14:51] | Look, Bella’s at a NATO conference. | 听着 贝拉正在参加北约的一个会议 |
[14:55] | I can’t talk to her. She’s working. | 我没法和她说话 她在工作 |
[14:58] | I doubt I could talk to her if she was here. | 我想如果她在这 也没法跟她谈 |
[15:00] | About her condition? | 关于她的病情吗 |
[15:01] | Yeah. About her cancer, about her dying. | 是的 关于她的癌症 她快死了的事 |
[15:03] | She doesn’t want to talk to me about it. | 她根本不想跟我提这事 |
[15:06] | I am prohibited from talking about it– | 医患保密协议 |
[15:08] | doctor-patient confidentiality. | 禁止我谈论任何有关话题 |
[15:11] | You talk to me about Will Graham. | 但你跟我说过威尔・格雷厄姆 |
[15:13] | Will Graham is not officially my patient. | 严格来说 威尔・格雷厄姆不算是我的病人 |
[15:15] | We have conversations. | 我们聊过天 |
[15:17] | What do you consider this? | 那你觉得我这是什么 |
[15:20] | Desperate coping. | 绝望之下的应对 |
[15:26] | You don’t think I have a right to know | 你觉得我无权知道 |
[15:27] | what’s happening with my wife? | 我妻子经历了什么吗 |
[15:30] | You have every right to know what’s happening, but not from me. | 你完全有权知道发生了什么 但我不能说 |
[15:34] | Well, I’m not just gonna stand outside my marriage | 我不会就这么对婚姻撒手不管 |
[15:36] | and watch this happen. | 对此无动于衷 |
[15:37] | If that’s what she wants, too bad. | 如果她希望那样 很抱歉 |
[15:39] | She married the wrong guy for that. | 她肯定嫁错人了 |
[15:43] | I’ll offer one insight. | 我来说明一下 |
[15:44] | She doesn’t think she married the wrong guy. | 她没觉得自己嫁错了人 |
[15:52] | I can’t stop thinking about when my wife is gonna die. | 我一直在想我妻子什么时候会死 |
[15:56] | I look at her side of the bed and I think, | 我望着她睡的那半边床就想 |
[15:58] | “Is she gonna die there?” | “她会死在那吗” |
[16:02] | I can’t stop thinking about it, you understand? | 我就是忍不住 一直在想 你懂吗 |
[16:04] | I can’t stop. | 停不下来 |
[16:08] | You’re dreading the loss of your wife. | 你害怕失去你妻子 |
[16:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:19] | And I’m thinking about other losses too. | 我还在想失去过的其他人 |
[16:24] | What other losses are you dreading? | 你还怕失去什么 |
[16:31] | Jack, you can’t save her. | 杰克 你救不了她 |
[16:33] | She won’t let you. | 她不会让你这么做的 |
[16:35] | The cancer won’t let you. | 癌症不会让你这么做的 |
[16:40] | Who else couldn’t you save? | 还有谁你没能救回来 |
[16:44] | Where is everyone? | 其他人呢 |
[16:46] | It’s just you and me for the time being. | 暂时就我俩 |
[16:48] | Take a look around here. Tell me what you see. | 你先随便看看 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[17:08] | He did it all here. | 他全部都是在这里完成的 |
[17:11] | Did it while he was alive. He struck the throat | 在他活着的时候完成的杰作 他切断死者的喉咙 |
[17:14] | – so he couldn’t call for help. – Do you think | -这样他就不能呼救了 -你认为 |
[17:15] | he was unconscious when the Ripper did the ripping? | 开膛手是在他失去知觉的情况下做的吗 |
[17:18] | No, he’d want him awake. | 不是 他希望他保持清醒 |
[17:24] | Organs were removed. | 器官被取走了 |
[17:25] | Not all of them. He was choosy. | 不是所有的 他是有选择的 |
[17:27] | He took the liver, thymus, | 他取走肝 胸腺 |
[17:29] | but left the heart. | 但是留下了心脏 |
[17:34] | What’s he doing with the organs? | 他取走器官做什么 |
[17:37] | Surgical trophies. | 外科手术的战利品 |
[17:39] | He’s a medical doctor, isn’t he? | 他是名医生 是不是 |
[17:41] | Is that why you call him the Ripper? | 所以你们才称他为开膛手吗 |
[17:44] | Why do you say that? | 你为什么那么说 |
[17:47] | Psychopaths are attracted to surgical fields. | 精神病患者很痴迷外科领域 |
[17:51] | They offer power. They require the ability | 外科手术提供动力 需要做出 |
[17:53] | to make objective clinical decisions without feeling. | 客观不带感情的临床决策的能力 |
[17:57] | White male? | 白人男性吗 |
[17:58] | Forties? Fifties? | 四十多岁 还是五十多岁 |
[18:01] | I don’t know that he’s white. | 我不知道他是不是白人 |
[18:04] | He’s exotic somehow, | 他不知是从哪儿来的 |
[18:08] | which is why you’re gonna catch him. | 所以你才要抓住他 |
[18:10] | I’m gonna catch him? | 要我抓住他 |
[18:13] | We call you the guru. | 我们都叫你古鲁 |
[18:13] | 印度教等宗教的宗师或领袖 领袖 专家之意 | |
[18:15] | You have a peculiar cleverness. | 你有特殊的聪明才智 |
[18:20] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我就当你是在恭维我了 |
[18:21] | You should. | 你当之无愧 |
[18:23] | You’ll probably spot him before anybody else. | 你最有可能第一个抓到他 |
[18:27] | Or you will. | 你也有可能 |
[18:34] | Now I want you to take a look at this. | 现在我想让你来看看这个 |
[18:40] | There’s no detectable consistency with the Ripper victims. | 没发现开膛手的受害人有什么共性 |
[18:43] | He doesn’t hunt exclusively within his own ethnic group. | 他并不仅仅杀害他同种族的人 |
[18:45] | He’s killed all creeds, colors, men and women. | 他杀人不看信什么教 肤色还有性别 |
[18:48] | She has the exact same wound pattern | 她的伤口类型和 |
[18:50] | as the last-known victim of the Chesapeake Ripper. | 切萨皮克开膛手最后的受害者一样 |
[18:52] | I mean exact. | 一模一样 |
[18:53] | We never found a body for his last-known victim. | 我们没发现最后一名受害者的尸体 |
[18:57] | Then the victim before that. | 那就跟之前的受害者一样 |
[19:00] | I see the Ripper, but I don’t… | 我看见那名开膛手了 但是我没有 |
[19:03] | feel the Ripper. | 感觉出来他是开膛手 |
[19:05] | – This is plagiarism. – We never made | -这是模仿作案 -我们没有公布 |
[19:07] | the wound patterns for any of the Ripper’s victims public. | 开膛手是怎么杀害受害者的 |
[19:11] | Well, maybe he is the Ripper. I don’t know. | 可能他就是开膛手吧 我不知道 |
[19:13] | But if he’s a plagiarist, the real Chesapeake Ripper is | 但如果他是抄袭者 真正的切萨皮克 |
[19:16] | gonna make sure everybody knows it. | 开膛手会确保大家都知道的 |
[19:38] | Hello. | 喂 |
[19:40] | Jack, Jack. | 杰克 杰克 |
[19:43] | Who is this? | 请问是哪位 |
[19:44] | Jack, It’s Miriam. | 杰克 我是米里亚姆 |
[19:47] | I don’t know where I am. | 我不知道我在哪儿 |
[19:48] | I can’t see anything. | 我什么都看不见 |
[19:50] | Miriam? | 米里亚姆吗 |
[19:51] | I’m so wrong. I’m so wrong. | 我错得太离谱了 太离谱了 |
[19:53] | Miriam? | 米里亚姆 |
[19:55] | Please, Jack. Please. | 求你了 杰克 求求你 |
[20:06] | I’m hooked in to every carrier database | 我查了美国的所有电信数据库 |
[20:08] | and telephone provider in the United States. | 和电话服务供应商 |
[20:11] | – Nothing. – Look again. | -什么都没有 -再查一遍 |
[20:13] | I did my agains. And my again and again and agains. | 我又查了一遍 然后一遍又一遍 |
[20:16] | I can’t find any electronic trace | 我找不到任何的电子痕迹 |
[20:17] | of any call made to your home at 2:46 am. | 表明凌晨2点46有电话打到你家 |
[20:20] | I am telling you that the phone rang. | 我告诉你电话铃响了 |
[20:23] | – Wake your wife up? – I was alone. | -把你老婆吵醒了吗 -就我一人 |
[20:26] | Whoever made that call could | 给你打电话的那个人可能 |
[20:27] | have made it from that little box outside your house | 在你家门口的电话亭 |
[20:29] | or a junction in your neighborhood. | 或者用你们社区的电话打的 |
[20:31] | Either way, there would be no trace signal to track. | 任何一种情况都追踪不到信号 |
[20:35] | You’re sure it was Miriam Lass? | 你确定是米里亚姆・拉斯吗 |
[20:37] | It was Miriam. | 肯定是米里亚姆 |
[20:38] | You haven’t heard her voice in two years, Jack. | 你两年没听过她说话了 杰克 |
[20:41] | You gonna continue to question me on this, Z? | 你还要就这件事继续质疑我吗 泽勒 |
[20:43] | If so, maybe I should ask you to | 如果这样的话 可能我要 |
[20:44] | leave the room while it’s still safe for you to be here. | 请你出去了 否则我不保证你会出什么事 |
[20:48] | The Chesapeake Ripper recorded | 切萨皮克开膛手两年前 |
[20:50] | Miriam Lass two years ago as he was killing her. | 杀害米里亚姆・拉斯时录下了她的声音 |
[20:53] | Last night, he called my house at 2:46 am. | 昨晚 他在凌晨2点46到电话到我家 |
[20:57] | He played that recording for me. | 他给我播放了那段录音 |
[20:59] | Well, we know that the Chesapeake Ripper is not Dr. Gideon, | 我们知道切萨皮克开膛手不是吉迪恩医生 |
[21:02] | because we know the call wasn’t made from | 因为我们知道那电话不是 |
[21:03] | the Baltimore state Hospital for the Criminally Insane. | 巴尔的摩公立医院的精神病犯罪科打来的 |
[21:05] | That we would’ve been able to trace. | 那样的话就能追踪了 |
[21:08] | Are you certain it was a recording? | 你确定那是录音吗 |
[21:12] | Jack, you said yourself there is no body. | 杰克 你说过家里就你一个人 |
[21:16] | Miriam Lass is dead! | 米里亚姆・拉斯已经死了 |
[21:19] | The Chesapeake Ripper is making | 切萨皮克开膛手表达的很清楚 |
[21:20] | it very clear that someone is plagiarizing his work! | 有人在模仿他的杰作 |
[21:23] | It was 2:46 in the morning, Jack. | 那时是凌晨2点46 杰克 |
[21:25] | You’re in a deep sleep, you’re roused, you’re disoriented. | 你在熟睡中 你被吵醒了 脑子很混乱 |
[21:28] | You might not even know you’re still asleep. | 你可能都不知道自己其实还在睡 |
[21:31] | I know when I’m awake. | 我能分清现实和梦境 |
[22:03] | Will? | 威尔 |
[22:05] | You look like you were dreaming. | 你看起来像在做梦 |
[22:07] | I was, uh, thinking about something else. | 我在想别的 |
[22:11] | Well, here’s something for you to think about. | 那现在有东西让你想了 |
[22:14] | We have a direct way of communicating with the Chesapeake Ripper, | 我们找到直接联络切萨皮克开膛手的方法了 |
[22:17] | and we’d like to see if we can push him. | 想看看能不能激他 |
[22:20] | Push him toward what? | 激他做什么 |
[22:22] | We might be able to influence him to become visible. | 我们也许能让他现身 |
[22:25] | If we can enrage him. | 如果能激怒他的话 |
[22:25] | To what purpose, Jack? I-I don’t see what you’re asking. | 目的是什么 杰克 我不明白你想说什么 |
[22:29] | Do you think there’s a way to | 你觉得有没有办法能 |
[22:30] | push the Chesapeake Ripper and focus his attention? | 激怒切萨皮克开膛手 让他关注这里 |
[22:33] | Well, he’s already focused on Gideon as his adversary. | 他已经把吉迪恩当敌人关注了 |
[22:35] | Don’t fool around. | 别做无用功了 |
[22:37] | Gideon is just a tabloid rumor right now. | 吉迪恩现在只是小报上的传闻 |
[22:39] | We think we need to make him the truth. | 我们得让它变成事实 |
[22:41] | You might push the Ripper to kill again just to prove | 你为了证明他不在精神病罪犯的医院里 |
[22:44] | he isn’t in a hospital for the criminally insane. | 可能会刺激他再次杀人 |
[22:46] | I have to push, Will. | 我必须这样做 威尔 |
[22:49] | Are you thinking about getting into bed with Freddie Lounds? | 你是想让弗雷迪・劳兹帮忙吗 |
[22:52] | You yourself know it’s the | 你自己也知道 |
[22:53] | best way to bait the real Chesapeake Ripper. | 这是引他上钩的最好方法 |
[22:59] | Morning, Agent Crawford. Thank you for inviting me. | 早上好 克劳福德探员 谢谢你请我来 |
[23:01] | Miss Lounds. | 劳兹女士 |
[23:04] | This is Dr. Alana Bloom. | 这位是阿拉娜・布鲁姆医生 |
[23:06] | She’s one of our psychiatric consultants. | 是我们其中一位心理学顾问 |
[23:09] | I believe you know Will Graham. | 我相信你认识威尔・格雷厄姆 |
[23:11] | Mr. Graham. So good to see you. | 格雷厄姆先生 很高兴见到你 |
[23:19] | Miss Lounds. | 劳兹女士 |
[23:20] | You have all the qualities of a good reporter. | 您有优秀记者所具的所有品质 |
[23:23] | You have intelligence, guts, a good eye. | 您有才智 勇气和一双慧眼 |
[23:28] | So how is it that you wind up where you’ve ended up? | 为什么就那样结束不做了呢 |
[23:30] | Where I wound up being criminal justice journalism? | 不做刑事记者了吗 |
[23:34] | “Criminal justice journalism” | “刑事记者” |
[23:35] | being a euphemism for tabloid reporting. | 小报记者的委婉说法 |
[23:38] | You ran an unconfirmed story | 你写了一篇关于切萨皮克开膛手的 |
[23:42] | about the Chesapeake Ripper. | 未经证实的报道 |
[23:44] | What I want is for you to confirm it. | 我想让你做的就是证实它 |
[23:51] | An exclusive story would be a coup. | 独家报道可能是个妙计 |
[23:54] | Mm, yes, it would. And you would get | 没错 而你 |
[23:56] | the satisfaction of seeing the Los Angeles Times, | 则会很满足地看到《洛杉矶时报》 |
[23:59] | the sanctified Washington Post, | 高不可攀的《华盛顿邮报》 |
[24:02] | and even the holy New York Times run copyrighted material | 甚至还有神圣的《纽约时报》刊载你的材料 |
[24:06] | under your byline, | 署上你的名 |
[24:08] | with a picture credit. | 配上认证照片 |
[24:10] | What’s against you, and by association us, | 我们和你合作有一点顾虑 |
[24:14] | is that your brand of journalism is obnoxious | 就是你的报道臭名昭著 |
[24:17] | and therefore disliked. | 很多人不喜欢 |
[24:19] | Yes. That is an obstacle. | 是 这倒是个障碍 |
[24:23] | Tried to get an interview with Dr. Gideon. | 我之前想采访吉迪恩医生 |
[24:25] | I was denied. Evidently some trouble with my euphemism. | 但被拒绝了 显然是因为我的委婉之词 |
[24:29] | I’m friendly with the new chief of staff. | 我和新上任的主任关系不错 |
[24:31] | I can get you an interview. | 我能帮你安排采访 |
[24:35] | Not to snap bubble gum and crack wise, but what’s my angle? | 还是开门见山地说吧 我该如何报道 |
[24:39] | Is he the Chesapeake Ripper, | 他到底是不是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[24:40] | or do you just want me to tell everybody that he is? | 还是直接告诉大家他就是 |
[24:42] | He could be, | 他可能就是 |
[24:46] | and certain personalities are attracted to certain professions. | 特定的性格会被特定的职业所吸引 |
[24:48] | Do you know what profession | 你知道精神变态者 |
[24:49] | psychopaths disproportionately gravitate to? | 大多被哪种职业吸引吗 |
[24:52] | CEOs, lawyers, the clergy. | 首席执行官 律师 神职人员 |
[24:55] | Number five on the list is surgeons. | 第五名是外科医生 |
[24:58] | – I know the list. – Well, then you know what number six is. | -我知道那排名 -那你应该知道第六名 |
[25:02] | Journalists. | 记者 |
[25:05] | Know what number seven is, Mr. Graham? | 知道第七名吗 格雷厄姆先生 |
[25:10] | Law enforcement. | 执法人员 |
[25:13] | Here we are, | 瞧瞧我们 |
[25:15] | a bunch of psychopaths helping each other out. | 一群精神变态互相帮助 |
[25:48] | Dr. Gideon. I’m Freddie Lounds. | 吉迪恩医生 我是弗雷迪・劳兹 |
[25:52] | May I call you Dr. Gideon? | 我能称你为吉迪恩医生吗 |
[25:54] | Or do you prefer the Chesapeake Ripper? | 或者你更喜欢”切萨皮克开膛手”这个称呼 |
[25:57] | His name is Dr. Abel Gideon, | 他叫亚伯・吉迪恩医生 |
[25:59] | and strong evidence has surfaced that he’s far more | 强有力的证据表明 他不仅仅只是个 |
[26:03] | than a mild-mannered surgeon who cruelly murdered his wife. | 残忍杀害妻子的彬彬有礼的外科医生 |
[26:05] | Maybe, just maybe, | 可能 仅仅是可能 |
[26:07] | Gideon is the most sought-after serial killer at large, | 吉迪恩就是被全面追捕的潜逃连环杀手 |
[26:11] | a killer who’s eluded the FBI for years | 躲避联调局多年的杀手 |
[26:13] | and has baffled their most gifted profilers. | 难住了最有才华的侧写师 |
[26:16] | That serial killer? None other than the Chesapeake Ripper. | 那连环杀手是谁 正是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[26:20] | 开膛手如何陷落 独家报道 | |
[26:21] | This would explain why the Ripper has been silent | 这就能解释为何开膛手 |
[26:23] | for more than two years. | 沉寂了两年多 |
[26:30] | 巴尔的摩州立犯罪精神病院 | |
[26:32] | So, are you enjoying reading my mail? | 看我的邮件开心吗 |
[26:34] | No, not particularly. | 没有特别的感觉 |
[26:37] | Looking for something instructional? | 找一些有指导性的东西吗 |
[26:39] | Diagrams? Don’t believe I can recreate | 图表吗 不信我能从记忆里 |
[26:43] | one of my own murders from memory? | 重建我的谋杀现场吗 |
[26:45] | You wouldn’t be recreating them from your memory, Doctor. | 你不是从你自己的记忆中重建的 医生 |
[26:48] | You’re not the Chesapeake Ripper. | 你不是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[26:51] | Ooh, have to agree to disagree. | 我必须赞成你的否定 |
[26:54] | Then why the surgical trophies? | 为什么取器官做纪念品 |
[26:58] | Agent Crawford, there are just some things you’re not allowed | 克劳福德探员 有些事情 |
[27:00] | to do in a state-certified operating room. | 是不能在州政府认证的手术室里做的 |
[27:03] | You didn’t take any trophies when you murdered your wife | 你在感恩节杀死你妻子一家人的时候 |
[27:05] | and her family on Thanksgiving. | 就没有获取器官纪念品 |
[27:07] | You didn’t put any of them on display. Why not? | 你没把他们放进展示架 为什么 |
[27:10] | Crime of passion. | 冲动犯罪 |
[27:12] | You know how stressful the holidays can get. | 你知道节日有多让人紧张 |
[27:15] | Anyway, you didn’t come here to talk about my wife– | 反正你也不是来谈我老婆的 |
[27:18] | or the little nursey. | 或者那个小护士 |
[27:20] | No. What am I here to talk about? | 没错 那我是来聊什么的呢 |
[27:25] | Your trainee. | 你的实习生 |
[27:28] | Miriam… somebody. | 米里亚姆什么的 |
[27:34] | You’re telling me you killed Miriam Lass. | 你是说 是你杀死了米里亚姆・拉斯 |
[27:39] | Yes. Didn’t mean to kill her. | 对 本不想杀她的 |
[27:42] | And don’t get mad at me. | 别生我的气 |
[27:44] | I’m not mad at you. | 我不生气 |
[27:47] | I know where you are. I know how you got here. | 我知道你在哪儿 知道你怎么进来的 |
[27:49] | I read your file. | 我看过你的档案 |
[27:51] | I’m curious, why are you being so forthcoming all of a sudden? | 我好奇的是 为什么你突然这么激进了 |
[27:54] | Well, what have I got to lose? | 我还有什么可担心的呢 |
[27:57] | You know where I am and you know how I got here. | 你知道我在哪儿 知道怎么进来的 |
[28:03] | Why didn’t you put her on display? | 为什么不把她放在展示架上 |
[28:06] | What makes you think I didn’t? | 你觉得是为什么呢 |
[28:11] | 家中来电 | |
[28:13] | Excuse me. | 稍等一下 |
[28:16] | The polite thing to do is to ask them to call back. | 文明人会让对方过会儿再打过来 |
[28:22] | Unless it’s not an option. | 除非没得选 |
[28:26] | You’re home early. | 这么早就回家了 |
[28:31] | Bella? Something wrong? | 贝拉 出什么事了吗 |
[28:33] | Jack, it’s Miriam. | 杰克 我是米里亚姆 |
[28:35] | I don’t know where I am. | 我不知道我在哪儿 |
[28:36] | I can’t see anything. | 我什么都看不见 |
[28:38] | I was so wrong. | 我错得太离谱了 |
[28:42] | Please, Jack. | 求你了 杰克 |
[28:43] | I don’t wanna die like this. | 我不想这样死 |
[28:55] | In my house. | 在我家 |
[28:57] | In my bedroom. | 在我的卧室 |
[28:59] | Where my wife sleeps. | 在我太太睡觉的地方 |
[29:00] | I’ve dust the phone. | 我在电话上提取指纹了 |
[29:02] | Got a lot of usable prints. | 找到很多可用的指纹 |
[29:04] | Nice detail too. I got three distinct beauties here. | 细节也很完整 有三个明显的指纹 |
[29:08] | Yours, your wife’s, | 你 你太太 |
[29:10] | and presumably the Chesapeake Ripper. | 还有一个疑似切萨皮克开膛手 |
[29:13] | I can’t imagine the | 我无法想象 |
[29:13] | Chesapeake Ripper would start leaving prints | 切萨皮克开膛手会在犯罪现场 |
[29:15] | at his crime scenes now. | 留下指纹 |
[29:18] | The Ripper put his head on your wife’s pillow. | 开膛手躺过你太太的枕头 |
[29:20] | Now somebody’s sleeping in my bed. | 好 还有人在我床上睡觉了 |
[29:22] | There he is. Or there she is. | 他的头发 或者她的 |
[29:27] | – Was Miriam Lass a blonde? – Yes. | -米里亚姆・拉斯是金发吗 -是 |
[29:30] | I pulled her fingerprints from the VICAP database, Jack, | 我在档案库里找到了她的指纹 杰克 |
[29:33] | and I got a match. | 是匹配的 |
[29:34] | She’s dead. | 她已经死了 |
[29:35] | She wasn’t here. | 来这里的不是她 |
[29:37] | Jack. Did Miriam Lass know where you live? | 杰克 米里亚姆・拉斯知道你住哪里吗 |
[29:41] | If she wanted to know, | 如果她想知道的话 |
[29:42] | she was smart enough to find out. | 她肯定能查出来 |
[29:44] | Could’ve told the Chesapeake Ripper before he killed her. | 可能是她在被杀前告诉了切萨皮克开膛手 |
[29:47] | Did you know that you were sending her after him? | 你知道你派给她的任务是抓他吗 |
[29:51] | I sent her after information. | 我派她跟进信息 |
[29:53] | Whoever made that call thinks | 打电话的那个人认为 |
[29:55] | you were close to Miriam Lass | 你和米里亚姆・拉斯关系很近 |
[29:57] | and feel responsible for her death. | 并且该为她的死负责 |
[30:02] | Don’t you have classes today? | 你今天不是有课吗 |
[30:04] | Aren’t you still in school? | 你不是还在学校里吗 |
[30:06] | Yes, sir. I thought this might be more important | 是的 长官 我觉得这件事会比 |
[30:09] | than “Exclusionary Rules of Search and Seizure”. | 《搜查和扣押的排斥法则》更重要 |
[30:11] | Is that what you thought? | 你这么认为吗 |
[30:15] | I left a report here for you last night. | 昨晚我在这里留下了一份报告 |
[30:17] | – I don’t know if you got it. – I got it. | -不知你拿到没有 -拿到了 |
[30:19] | – Did you read it? – Go back to class. | -看过了吗 -回去上课 |
[30:25] | You feeling frustrated, Lass? | 感觉很沮丧吗 拉斯 |
[30:28] | If so, you should start forming calluses, | 如果是的话 你就得开始长茧子了 |
[30:30] | some thick ones, ’cause frustration’s gonna wear you thin. | 厚茧子 因为沮丧会把你磨破 |
[30:36] | You could have at least read the report. | 你至少可以看一下我的报告 |
[30:38] | – I read it. – Your assessment? Sir. | -我看过了 -有什么评价 长官 |
[30:43] | My assessment is that instead of being here | 我的评价是 与其出现在这里 |
[30:45] | you should be in a lecture hall | 你更应该去课堂里 |
[30:47] | boning up on “Good Faith Warrant Exceptions”. | 苦读《善意授权除外条款》 |
[30:57] | What you’re proposing in your report | 你报告中提出的观点 |
[30:59] | breaks confidentiality laws. You know that. | 违反了保密条例 你清楚的 |
[31:02] | You shouldn’t be so dismissive of what you’re learning here. | 你不应该轻视在这里学到的东西 |
[31:06] | If the Chesapeake Ripper is a surgeon, | 如果切萨皮克开膛手是外科医生 |
[31:08] | we should check medical records for all of the known victims. | 我们就需要检查所有已知受害者的病例 |
[31:10] | I knew we couldn’t get a warrant | 我知道在没掌握确凿证据之前 |
[31:11] | if we didn’t have something substantial. | 是无法拿到搜查证的 |
[31:13] | It’s one thing for a trainee to go poking around | 在没有搜查证的情况下 |
[31:16] | in private medical records without a warrant; | 一个实习生私自查看私人病例是一码事 |
[31:19] | very different if the guru did it. | 导师那么做就是另外一码事了 |
[31:25] | Better for a trainee to ask for forgiveness | 你是说与联调局探员申请许可相比 |
[31:26] | than an FBI agent to ask for permission? | 实习生更容易得到原谅吗 |
[31:29] | In my experience. | 据我所知 |
[31:30] | Then I hope you forgive me for skipping class today. | 那我希望你能原谅我今天逃课 |
[31:35] | If someone were using manipulative methods | 如果有人通过操纵方法 |
[31:38] | to subvert your sense of control, | 破坏了你的控制感 |
[31:39] | you may not realize it | 在这些方法被指出之前 |
[31:41] | until those methods are pointed out to you. | 你可能根本意识不到 |
[31:44] | Which may be a manipulative method in itself. | 指出这些方法其实可能是另一种操纵手段 |
[31:48] | You were a model patient. | 你是模范患者 |
[31:51] | You behaved yourself for two years. | 两年里一直表现良好 |
[31:53] | Well, no opportunity to be naughty. | 没给我淘气的机会 |
[31:59] | You could have been pushed. | 你可能是被指使的 |
[32:02] | Well, that would be unethical. | 那样做可不道德 |
[32:06] | I can help you find out. | 我可以帮你找出真相 |
[32:10] | But I need your trust to do that. | 但前提是你得信任我 |
[32:12] | Oh, I trust you, Dr. Bloom. | 我当然信任你 布鲁姆医生 |
[32:21] | To the Chesapeake Ripper. | 敬切萨皮克开膛手一杯 |
[32:25] | Dr. Gideon is going | 吉迪恩医生给了我们 |
[32:25] | to provide us with a singular opportunity to analyze | 这个独一无二的机会 可以分析一位 |
[32:28] | a pure sociopath. | 纯粹的反社会者 |
[32:31] | It is so rare to find one in captivity. | 这种人被关押的几率很小 |
[32:39] | Dinner is served. | 晚餐准备好了 |
[32:44] | 法国国宝级厨师 | |
[32:44] | Inspired by Auguste Escoffier, | 受奥古斯特・埃斯科菲耶启发 |
[32:46] | we are having lamb tongue en papillotte, | 今晚我们将享用纸包小羊舌 |
[32:50] | served with a sauce of duxelles and oyster mushrooms. | 配有蘑菇酱和平菇 |
[32:54] | Picked myself. | 由我亲自挑选 |
[32:55] | I don’t think I’ve ever had tongue. | 我还从没吃过羊舌呢 |
[32:57] | It was a particularly chatty lamb. | 这头小羊实在太健谈了 |
[33:01] | It smells delicious. | 闻起来好香啊 |
[33:03] | The Romans used to kill flamingos | 罗马人曾捕杀火烈鸟 |
[33:06] | just to eat their tongues. | 只为吃它们的舌头 |
[33:08] | Don’t give me ideas. | 请不要曲解我的意思 |
[33:09] | Your tongue is very feisty. | 你的舌头可真灵活啊 |
[33:12] | And as this evening has already proven, | 正如今晚所示 |
[33:13] | it’s nice to have an old friend for dinner. | 与老朋友共进晚餐真是令人愉悦 |
[33:23] | I see three possibilities. | 我认为有三种可能性 |
[33:26] | Gideon is the Chesapeake Ripper, | 吉迪恩就是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[33:29] | or he just thinks he is, | 或者他以为自己是 |
[33:31] | or he knows he isn’t. | 或者他清楚自己不是 |
[33:34] | He is, he knows he is, so do I. | 就是他 他自己清楚 我也是 |
[33:38] | Did you discuss the Chesapeake Ripper’s crimes with Dr. Gideon | 在吉迪恩医生杀害夜班护士前 |
[33:42] | before he murdered the night nurse? | 你与他谈论过切萨皮克开膛手的案件吗 |
[33:44] | Mm-hmm. When I began to suspect what he was. | 对 当时我对他的身份开始起疑 |
[33:49] | Fearing he might be exposed may have, | 害怕他会因身份暴漏 |
[33:52] | uh, spurred him into action. | 而展开杀戮 |
[33:55] | Is it possible you inadvertently planted | 有没有可能是你无意中 |
[33:57] | the suggestion in Gideon’s mind | 对吉迪恩施加了暗示 |
[33:58] | that he was the Ripper? | 让他认为自己就是开膛手 |
[34:01] | You’re not suggesting coercive persuasion. | 你不会是指强制性说服吧 |
[34:04] | No, I said inadvertently. | 不是 我说了无意中 |
[34:08] | Psychic driving is unethical. | 操纵精神是不道德的 |
[34:11] | But reasonable in certain circumstances. | 但某些情况下是合情合理的 |
[34:14] | What circumstances? | 什么情况下 |
[34:17] | It may have been useful | 也许可以用这种办法 |
[34:18] | trying to remind Gideon he’s the Chesapeake Ripper. | 令吉迪恩意识到自己并非切萨皮克开膛手 |
[34:20] | If he repressed those memories. | 如果他的这段记忆曾被抑制的话 |
[34:26] | But he seems to have come to that awareness all by himself. | 但看来他完全是靠自己参透这一切的 |
[34:31] | Dr. Bloom, | 布鲁姆医生 |
[34:32] | if he has been | 如果他曾经 |
[34:34] | unethically manipulated somehow, | 被不道德地操纵过 |
[34:38] | I need to know. | 我必须知情 |
[34:40] | I would love your insight. | 我很愿意聆听你的见解 |
[34:43] | Dr. Chilton, | 奇尔顿医生 |
[34:45] | would you care to assist me with dessert? | 能请你协助我准备甜点吗 |
[34:47] | Pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[34:48] | I love Norton grapes. | 我喜欢诺顿葡萄 |
[34:50] | Same color inside as outside. | 由表及里只有一种颜色 |
[34:55] | Peel it… | 削去果皮 |
[34:58] | and the flesh is also purple. Not like other grapes | 果肉依然是紫色 不像别的葡萄 |
[35:01] | where flesh is white and color comes from the skin. | 只有白色果肉 颜色只靠果皮来渲染 |
[35:05] | A grape with nothing to hide. | 一种无所隐藏的葡萄 |
[35:10] | Were I in your position, | 如果我是你 |
[35:11] | I would have attempted psychic driving. | 我会尝试操纵他的精神 |
[35:15] | Perhaps you already have. | 也许你已经这么做了 |
[35:18] | I promise | 相信我 |
[35:20] | I am much more forgiving | 对待不合规定的事时 |
[35:22] | of the unorthodox than Dr. Bloom. | 我比布鲁姆医生宽容多了 |
[35:27] | Shall we? | 上菜吧 |
[35:41] | 来电 840-555-0131 | |
[35:43] | Jack? Jack, it’s Miriam. | 杰克 杰克 我是米里亚姆 |
[35:46] | The last call was made | 追踪信号后发现 |
[35:47] | to Jack’s cell from a disposable phone | 最后那次打电话给杰克的一次性手机 |
[35:49] | traced here– or within 100 feet of here. | 就在此或附近一百英尺内 |
[35:51] | What was Miriam Lass looking into? | 米里亚姆・拉斯在追查什么 |
[35:53] | Medical records. | 医疗记录 |
[35:54] | If the Ripper was a surgeon, | 如果那个开膛手是个外科医生 |
[35:56] | she thought he might’ve treated one of his victims. | 她认为他可能曾经治疗过他的其中一名受害者 |
[35:59] | Have they retraced her steps? | 他们回查她去过的地方了吗 |
[36:01] | The ones they could find. | 能查到的都查了 |
[36:02] | She made a jump somewhere they couldn’t explain. | 她常有无法解释的神来一笔 |
[36:05] | You make those jumps. | 你也是 |
[36:08] | The evidence has to be there. | 证据就在那里 |
[36:09] | Every surgeon that came into contact with any | 所有开膛手案中的受害者 |
[36:11] | of the Ripper victims has been | 可能接触过的每个外科医生 |
[36:13] | thoroughly vetted or currently under observation. | 都已被彻查 或正被监视 |
[36:15] | Including Dr. Gideon? | 包括吉迪恩医生吗 |
[36:17] | Dr. Gideon wasn’t in my bedroom; | 在我卧室里的不是吉迪恩医生 |
[36:20] | the Chesapeake Ripper was. | 而是切萨皮克开膛手 |
[36:22] | The last call left something the others didn’t– | 最后那通电话留下了之前几通没有的线索 |
[36:26] | a phone number. | 电话号码 |
[37:29] | 你看见了什么 | |
[37:35] | What would be the benefit | 是什么让你 |
[37:37] | of making you believe your trainee was alive? | 相信你的实习生还活着 |
[37:41] | Hope. The Ripper wanted to cloud my vision with hope. | 希望 那个开膛手想用希望来蒙蔽我的双眼 |
[37:46] | It can sometimes be brave to allow yourself hope. | 有时候给自己希望需要勇气 |
[37:52] | Not the false kind. | 不是这种错误的希望 |
[37:55] | Don’t give up hope for your wife. Not yet. | 不要对你妻子放弃希望 至少现在不 |
[37:59] | She’s lost hope, which means you can’t. | 她失去了信心 所以你不能 |
[38:04] | I don’t have any control over that. | 我对这事没有控制权 |
[38:06] | Take control. | 那就去争取 |
[38:19] | I’m sorry about your wife, Jack. | 你妻子的事我很遗憾 杰克 |
[38:21] | I truly am. I believe the world is | 我真心的 我相信这世界 |
[38:23] | a better place with her in it. | 因为有你妻子的存在而更美好 |
[38:28] | I am sorry about your trainee. | 那个实习生的事我也很遗憾 |
[38:32] | Whatever the Ripper was doing, it worked. | 不管那个开膛手想要做什么 都奏效了 |
[38:36] | I mean, I thought she was alive. For a moment, anyway. | 我想过她是不是还活着 至少有一瞬 |
[38:40] | I actually let myself | 我放任自己 |
[38:42] | believe something that I knew was impossible. | 去相信我明知道不可能的事 |
[38:45] | Talk to me about her. | 跟我说说她 |
[38:48] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[38:50] | My name is Miriam Lass. I’m with the FBI. | 我叫米里亚姆・拉斯 我是联调局的 |
[38:52] | I would show you my credentials, | 我愿意出示我的证件 |
[38:53] | but I’m actually just a trainee. | 但我其实还只是实习生 |
[38:55] | Never just a trainee. | 不是仅仅是实习生而已 |
[38:57] | An agent in training. | 是训练中的探员 |
[38:59] | Please. Come in. | 请进 |
[39:03] | I was hoping to talk to you about a former patient– | 我希望跟你谈谈你之前的一个病人 |
[39:06] | not necessarily one of yours, | 确切来说不能算是你的病人 |
[39:08] | but someone you may have come into contact with | 而是你还实习内科医生时 |
[39:10] | when you were a practicing physician. | 跟你有过接触的一个病人 |
[39:13] | I haven’t practiced medicine for some time, | 我已经有段时间没有行医了 |
[39:15] | but fortunately for you, | 不过你很幸运 |
[39:16] | I have a very good memory. Please. | 我记忆力很好 请坐 |
[39:20] | His name was Jeremy Olmstead. | 他的名字叫杰里米・奥姆 |
[39:26] | Perhaps not so good a memory after all. | 也许我的记忆力也没有那么好 |
[39:28] | I don’t recall a patient with that name, | 我不记得有叫这个名字的病人 |
[39:30] | but it sounds familiar. | 但是听着很耳熟 |
[39:33] | He was recently found murdered | 他最近在他工作的地方被谋杀了 |
[39:34] | in his workshop. We think he may be a victim of the Chesapeake Ripper. | 我们认为可能是切萨皮克开膛手所为 |
[39:37] | That’s why he sounds familiar. | 所以听起来这么耳熟 |
[39:39] | It was all over the news. | 新闻里到处都是 |
[39:42] | He had two old scars on his thigh. | 他大腿上有两个旧伤疤 |
[39:44] | Pathology checked with the local hospital. | 当地医院进行了病理检查 |
[39:46] | He had fallen out of a tree-blind | 五年前 他在射猎时 |
[39:48] | five years ago while bow hunting– | 从藏身的树上掉下来了 |
[39:50] | stuck an arrow through his leg. | 被一支箭刺穿了腿 |
[39:52] | The doctor of record was a resident surgeon, | 记录上登记的是一名外科主治医师 |
[39:54] | but you were on duty in the ER that night. | 但是那晚你在急诊室值班 |
[39:57] | – I was? – Your name was on the admissions log. | -是吗 -登记日志上有你的名字 |
[40:02] | Let me think. | 让我想想 |
[40:05] | You’ll have to forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[40:06] | I saw so many people in the ER, | 我在急诊室见过很多人 |
[40:07] | but not so many hunters. | 但猎人并不多 |
[40:10] | It’s been a long time since the accident, | 那场事故已经发生很久了 |
[40:11] | but I thought you may remember | 但是我想也许你能记起来 |
[40:13] | if anything was fishy with the arrow wound. | 是否有过可疑的箭伤 |
[40:16] | If it’s the gentleman I’m thinking of, | 如果是我想到的那位先生的话 |
[40:18] | I vaguely remember a fellow hunter bringing him in, | 我有模糊的印象是他的一个打猎同伴送他来的 |
[40:20] | but I recall very little else. | 但是别的都想不起来了 |
[40:24] | Figured it was a long shot. | 能记起来的希望渺茫 |
[40:29] | I did keep detailed journals during those days. | 但我保存了那段时间的详细日志 |
[40:32] | If you like, I can get them for you. | 如果你要的话 我去取来给你 |
[40:34] | Maybe you’ll find something helpful. | 也许你能找到线索 |
[40:36] | That would be great– if you don’t mind. | 那太好了 如果不麻烦的话 |
[40:39] | Not at all. | 不必客气 |
[40:39] | If you’ll wait here, I’ll be right back. | 请你在这等一会儿 我马上回来 |
[40:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:00] | She was a very brave young woman. | 她是个非常勇敢的女孩 |