时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I want you to help me, Dr. Lecter. | 我希望你帮助我 莱克特医生 |
[00:03] | You’ve read about it. | 你读过报道了 |
[00:04] | This is a very shy boy, Will. | 这人很害羞 威尔 |
[00:06] | I would love to meet him. | 我很想见见他 |
[00:08] | I’m Francis Dolarhyde. | 我是弗朗西斯·多拉海德 |
[00:10] | Miss McClane. Can I give you a ride home? | 麦克兰女士 我能送你回家吗 |
[00:13] | Have you considered the possibility that he may believe he’s disfigured? | 你考虑过他可能自认为毁容了吗 |
[00:17] | May I touch your face? | 我能摸摸你的脸吗 |
[00:18] | I just want to know if you’re smiling or frowning. | 我只想知道你是在微笑还是皱眉 |
[00:20] | I’m smiling. | 我在笑 |
[00:21] | Hello, Dr. Lecter. | 你好 莱克特医生 |
[00:23] | What are you becoming? | 你将蜕变成什么 |
[00:25] | The great Red Dragon. | 伟大的红龙 |
[02:33] | Baltimore state hosptial. | 巴尔的摩州立医院 |
[02:35] | Hello. My name is Byron Metcalf. | 你好 我是拜伦·梅特卡夫 |
[02:38] | I’m Hannibal Lecter’s lawyer. | 我是汉尼拔·莱克特的律师 |
[02:41] | One moment, please. | 请稍等 |
[02:43] | I’ll hold. | 我等着 |
[02:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:03] | Dr. Lecter. | 莱克特医生 |
[03:11] | As an avid fan, | 作为你的仰慕者 |
[03:14] | I wanted to tell you that | 我想告诉你 |
[03:16] | I’m delighted | 你对我的关注 |
[03:20] | that you have taken an interest in me. | 真是让我受宠若惊 |
[03:24] | I don’t believe | 我不认为 |
[03:26] | you would tell them who I am, | 你会告诉他们我是谁 |
[03:29] | even if you knew. | 即便你知道了也不会说 |
[03:32] | What particular body you currently occupy is trivial. | 你现在所占据的躯体并不重要 |
[03:38] | I knew that you alone | 我就知道只有你 |
[03:41] | would understand this. | 能明白 |
[03:45] | The important thing | 重要的是 |
[03:47] | is what I am becoming. | 我将会蜕变成什么 |
[03:51] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[03:54] | what are you becoming? | 你将蜕变成什么 |
[04:01] | The Great… | 伟大的 |
[04:03] | Red… | 红 |
[04:07] | Dragon. | 龙 |
[04:14] | I have admired you for years | 我多年来一直很崇拜你 |
[04:18] | and I have a complete collection | 我收集了你所有的 |
[04:20] | of your press notices. | 新闻报道 |
[04:24] | Actually, | 说实话 |
[04:26] | I think of them as unfair reviews. | 我觉得他们所言不公 |
[04:32] | As unfair as yours? | 跟你的报道一样不公吗 |
[04:35] | They like to sling demeaning nicknames, don’t they? | 他们喜欢用些诋毁的谑称 不是吗 |
[04:40] | “Tooth Fairy”. | “牙仙” |
[04:44] | What could be more inappropriate? | 还有比这更不恰当的吗 |
[04:49] | It would shame me for you to see that, | 如果我不是知道 |
[04:53] | if I didn’t know that you have suffered | 你也遭受了同样歪曲和不公报道 |
[04:57] | the same distortions in the press. | 我会觉得羞愧的 |
[05:00] | You’ve read Freddie Lounds’s latest? | 你看了弗雷迪·劳兹的新文章吗 |
[05:04] | It’s not a good picture of you. | 照片选得不怎么样 |
[05:09] | Your speech is bent and pruned by disabilities, | 你的言语能力受到了你的残疾的影响 |
[05:14] | real and imagined, | 真实和想象的残疾 |
[05:15] | but your words are startling. | 但你的措辞令人错愕 |
[05:22] | I want | 我想要 |
[05:24] | to be recognized by you. | 被你认可 |
[05:29] | As John the Baptist | 就像施洗约翰 |
[05:30] | recognized the one who came after. | 认可后来人一样 |
[05:33] | I want | 我想要 |
[05:35] | to sit before you | 端坐在你面前 |
[05:37] | as the Dragon sat before 666 in Revelation. | 就如《启示录》里巨龙坐在魔鬼面前 |
[05:42] | I have… | 我有些东西 |
[05:44] | things I would love to show you. | 想让你看看 |
[05:50] | Someday, | 以后吧 |
[05:51] | if circumstances permit, | 等条件允许了 |
[05:54] | I would like to meet you | 我想见见你 |
[05:57] | and watch you… | 然后看着你 |
[06:00] | meld with the strength of the Dragon. | 与红龙的力量合二为一 |
[06:07] | See how magnificent you are? | 看啊 你是多么伟大 |
[06:14] | “Did he who made the Lamb make thee?” | “难道是造了羊羔的他 也造了你” |
[06:40] | …and the Woman Clothed in Sun | …身披太阳的女人 |
[06:42] | I awoke in the fresh-smelling semidark, | 天擦黑 我在清新气味中醒来 |
[06:47] | knowing in some primal way | 本能地感觉到 |
[06:49] | that I was near the sea. | 我是在海边 |
[06:54] | Day and evening again, | 然后又是一天一夜 |
[06:57] | the smell of fresh flowers | 能闻到鲜花的芬芳 |
[07:00] | and the vague awareness | 模糊地感觉到 |
[07:02] | of a needle bleeding into me. | 有根针在往我身体里输液 |
[07:06] | He never called me my name. | 他从不以我的名字称呼我 |
[07:10] | That was strange at first, | 一开始很奇怪 |
[07:14] | and then it wasn’t strange. | 而后习以为常 |
[07:18] | And then | 再然后 |
[07:21] | my name | 我的名字 |
[07:24] | was Lydia Fell. | 就成了莉迪亚·菲尔 |
[07:31] | Deeply-felt truths about myself | 我曾深信不疑的 |
[07:34] | as Bedelia Du Maurier | 我是彼德里娅·杜穆里埃的事实 |
[07:38] | were smoke and mirrors of the highest order. | 成了最大的谎话 |
[07:45] | What we take for granted | 我们视为理所当然的 |
[07:47] | about our sense of self, | 我们对自我的认知 |
[07:50] | everything we see, | 我们看到的每个东西 |
[07:53] | everything we remember, | 我们记忆中的每件事 |
[07:56] | is nothing more | 都只不过是 |
[07:58] | than a construct | 意识的 |
[08:01] | of the mind. | 概念 |
[08:05] | Dante was the first to conceive of Hell | 但丁是第一个将地狱构想成 |
[08:09] | as a planned space. | 一个有规划空间的人 |
[08:12] | An urban environment. | 一个都市环境 |
[08:14] | Before Dante, we spoke not of the Gates of Hell, | 在但丁之前 我们不会说”地狱之门” |
[08:19] | but of the Mouth | 而是说 |
[08:22] | of Hell. | “地狱之口” |
[08:25] | My journey to damnation began | 我堕入地狱之旅开始于 |
[08:29] | when I was swallowed | 当我被野兽 |
[08:31] | by the beast. | 吞入腹中之时 |
[08:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:47] | Poor Dr. Du Maurier, | 可怜的杜穆里埃医生 |
[08:51] | swallowed whole. | 被一口吞掉 |
[08:53] | Suffering inside Hannibal Lecter’s bowels | 在汉尼拔·莱克特腹中受尽煎熬 |
[08:56] | for what must have felt like an eternity. | 简直像是度日如年 |
[09:00] | You didn’t lose yourself, Bedelia, | 你并没有丧失自我 彼德里娅 |
[09:02] | you just crawled so far up his ass you couldn’t be bothered. | 你是对他趋之若鹜 顾不上自己了 |
[09:07] | Hello, Will. | 你好 威尔 |
[09:09] | You hitched your star to a man | 你靠一个众所周知的 |
[09:11] | commonly known as a monster. | 魔鬼出名 |
[09:15] | You’re the Bride of Frankenstein. | 你就是科学怪人的新娘 |
[09:19] | We’ve both been his bride. | 我们都是他的新娘 |
[09:21] | How did you manage to walk away unscarred? | 你是如何做到毫发无伤地离开的 |
[09:26] | I’m covered in scars. | 我可是伤痕累累 |
[09:28] | I wasn’t myself. | 我当时不是我自己 |
[09:31] | You were. | 而你是 |
[09:33] | Even when you weren’t, you were. | 即使当你变了 你也是自己 |
[09:36] | I wasn’t wearing adequate armour. | 我穿的盔甲不够 |
[09:38] | No. | 不 |
[09:41] | You were naked. | 你什么都没穿 |
[09:46] | Have you been to see him? | 你去看望过他了吗 |
[09:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:55] | You haven’t learned your lesson, have you? | 你还没有吸取教训 对吧 |
[09:59] | Or did you just miss him that much? | 还是说你只是太想念他了 |
[10:09] | Have you been to see him? | 你去看过他了吗 |
[10:12] | I’ve seen enough of him. | 我已经看够了 |
[10:16] | I was with him behind the veil. | 我跟他一起 在帷幕之后 |
[10:20] | You were always on the other side. | 而你总是站在另一边 |
[10:27] | Something we should talk about. | 我们得谈谈 |
[10:30] | You’ll have to make an appointment. | 你得先预约 |
[10:50] | We’re at the zoo. | 这里是动物园 |
[10:52] | Why are we at the zoo? It’s cold for the zoo. | 我们为什么要来动物园 天冷不开啊 |
[10:57] | Did you ever | 你有没有 |
[10:59] | see a tiger? | 看过老虎 |
[11:03] | No. | 没有 |
[11:06] | They’re working on its tooth | 他们在修整它的牙齿 |
[11:10] | and they have to put him to sleep. | 给它做了麻醉 |
[11:15] | If you want, | 如果你愿意 |
[11:17] | you can touch him. | 你可以去摸它 |
[11:25] | You wanna do it? | 你想试试吗 |
[11:53] | It’s in here. | 它就在这儿 |
[11:56] | How do I know he’s sound asleep? | 我怎么知道它已经睡着了 |
[11:59] | Tickle him. | 挠挠它 |
[12:04] | Do you have a general impression? | 你有个大致的印象了吗 |
[12:07] | I can describe as much as you like. | 我可以尽可能地描述得仔细些 |
[12:10] | Put your left hand on the edge of the table. | 把左手放在桌子边上 |
[12:12] | You can explore with your right. Take your time. | 你可以用右手进行摸索 慢慢来 |
[12:18] | D D? | |
[12:21] | I’d like you to tell me what you see, | 如果你不介意的话 |
[12:24] | if you don’t mind. | 可以跟我描述一下吗 |
[12:27] | He’s…striking. | 它…很引人注目 |
[12:32] | Orange and black stripes. | 橙黑相间的条纹 |
[12:39] | The orange is so bright, | 橙色非常明亮 |
[12:44] | it’s almost | 简直 |
[12:46] | bleeding into the air around him. | 渗入了周围的空气中 |
[12:50] | It’s radiant. | 它在发光 |
[13:02] | I’m right here with you. | 我就在你身边 |
[15:42] | That was a very elegant gesture. | 你的描述真是太优雅了 |
[15:45] | Eloquent, too. | 也很逼真 |
[15:50] | Maybe the most eloquent thing I ever heard of. | 也许是我这辈子听过的最为逼真的描述了 |
[15:59] | That tiger, | 那只老虎 |
[16:00] | this house… | 这栋房子 |
[16:03] | You’re full of surprises, D. | 你真是充满了惊喜 D |
[16:06] | I don’t think anyone at Gateway knows you at all. | 我觉得盖茨威根本没人了解你 |
[16:10] | – Did you ask them? – No. | -你问过他们了吗 -没有 |
[16:17] | Then how do you know nobody knows me? | 那你怎么知道没人了解我 |
[16:21] | Because they wonder about you. | 因为他们对你很好奇 |
[16:24] | They wonder about everything. | 他们对一切都很好奇 |
[16:28] | They find you very mysterious. | 他们觉得你很神秘 |
[16:35] | Did they tell you how I look? | 他们和你说过我长什么样吗 |
[16:42] | I didn’t ask them. | 我没问过 |
[16:44] | But, yes, they told me. | 不过 他们是跟我说过 |
[16:48] | Do you want to hear it? | 你想听吗 |
[16:50] | Don’t ask if you don’t. | 不想听就不要问 |
[17:02] | I think I’ll tell you. | 我还是告诉你吧 |
[17:06] | They said you have a kind of | 他们说你身上有一种 |
[17:09] | hard, clean | 他们所喜欢的 |
[17:13] | neatness that they like. | 硬朗 利落的整洁感 |
[17:16] | They say you’re very sensitive about your face | 他们说你对你的脸很敏感 |
[17:19] | and that you shouldn’t be. Where the hell are you? | 但是没这必要 你到底在哪 |
[17:33] | Here you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[17:38] | Do you want to know what I think? | 你想知道我是怎么想的吗 |
[18:51] | I hope I didn’t shock you. | 我希望我没吓到你 |
[22:56] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[23:00] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[23:06] | I really had a terrific time, D. | 我真的很开心 D |
[23:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[23:12] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[23:15] | But I need to go home now. | 但我现在得回家了 |
[23:18] | Yes. Good. | 嗯 好 |
[23:23] | I’ll take you now. | 我这就送你回去 |
[23:36] | Go behind your worktable. | 站到工作台后面 |
[23:41] | If you approach the barrier before you hear the lock snap, | 如果锁关上之前你往屏障这边走 |
[23:44] | I’ll mace you in the face. Understand? | 我就拿梅斯毒气喷你脸 懂了吗 |
[23:48] | Yes, indeed. | 当然 |
[23:54] | Thank you so much, Denise. | 非常感谢 丹妮丝 |
[24:13] | Are you ready for your call? | 可以开始打电话了吗 |
[24:14] | Yes, please. | 是的 谢谢 |
[24:24] | You’ve reached the offices of Byron– | 这里是拜伦办公室 |
[24:35] | Operator. | 接线员 |
[24:37] | Operator, I don’t have the use of my hands. | 接线员 我现在没法动手 |
[24:39] | Could you please ring 667-JL5-0102? | 能帮我拨打667-JL5-0102吗 |
[24:44] | Of course. Have a nice day. | 当然 祝您愉快 |
[24:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:50] | Dr. Frederick Chilton’s office. | 弗莱德里克·奇尔顿医生办公室 |
[24:52] | Is this Linda? | 是琳达吗 |
[24:54] | Linda doesn’t come in on weekends. | 琳达周末不上班 |
[24:58] | Maybe you could help me, if you don’t mind. | 那或许你可以帮我 |
[25:00] | This is Bob Greer at Blaine and Edwards Publishing. | 我是布莱恩-爱德华兹出版社的鲍勃·格里尔 |
[25:04] | Dr. Chilton asked me to send a copy of his book to someone, | 奇尔顿医生叫我给一个人寄去一本他的书 |
[25:06] | and Linda was supposed to give me | 琳达本该给我 |
[25:08] | the address and phone number, but she never did. | 对方的地址和电话 但她没打来过 |
[25:11] | She’ll be in on Monday. | 她周一就来上班了 |
[25:13] | I have to catch Federal Express in about five minutes, | 我五分钟后就要发联邦快递了 |
[25:17] | and I don’t want to bother Frederick at home. | 而我又不想打去弗莱德里克家里 |
[25:19] | It’s right there in his contacts. | 就在他联络人名单里 |
[25:23] | I’ll dance at your wedding | 帮帮忙 我去你婚礼上跳舞 |
[25:25] | if you’ll read it to me. | 麻烦你给我读一下 |
[25:26] | I’m opening the file. | 我在看了 |
[25:27] | Be a darling and slide that cursor down to the letter G, | 帮帮忙 翻到G那里 |
[25:31] | give it a click and I’ll be out of your hair. | 快速看一下 我就不烦你了 |
[25:33] | Alright. What was the name? | 好吧 叫什么名字 |
[25:35] | Graham. | 格雷厄姆 |
[25:39] | Will Graham. | 威尔·格雷厄姆 |
[25:46] | Have you had any contact with him? | 你跟他有联系吗 |
[25:49] | He sends me greeting cards | 他给我寄贺卡 |
[25:51] | on Christian holidays and my birthday. | 基督教节日和生日时都寄 |
[25:55] | He always includes a recipe. | 总会附一张食谱 |
[26:01] | If he does end up eating you, Bedelia, | 如果他有天真吃了你 彼得里娅 |
[26:03] | you’d have it coming. | 你也是咎由自取 |
[26:07] | I can’t blame him for doing | 我不能怪他做出 |
[26:09] | what evolution has equipped him to do. | 进化让他有能力做出的事 |
[26:12] | If we just | 如果我们 |
[26:14] | do whatever evolution equipped us to do, | 都做进化让我们能做的事 |
[26:18] | murder and cannibalism are morally acceptable. | 杀人和食人都能受道德接受了 |
[26:22] | They are acceptable — | 的确可以接受 |
[26:24] | to murderers and cnibals. | 对杀人犯和食人者而言 |
[26:27] | And you. | 还有你 |
[26:29] | And you. | 还有你 |
[26:34] | You lied, Bedelia. | 你撒谎了 彼得里娅 |
[26:38] | You do that a lot. | 你总撒谎 |
[26:41] | Why do you do that a lot? | 你为什么总撒谎 |
[26:46] | I obfuscate. | 我只是迷惑 |
[26:50] | Hannibal was never not my patient. | 汉尼拔从来都是我的病人 |
[26:55] | Covert treatment suffers secrecy | 秘密治疗 不免要保密 |
[26:59] | and disapproval. | 和不被认同 |
[27:02] | Covert because… | 秘密是因为 |
[27:05] | …Hannibal was an uncooperative patient? | 汉尼拔是个不配合的病人吗 |
[27:07] | Covert because I was a cooperative psychiatrist. | 秘密是因为我是个很配合的精神病医生 |
[27:15] | “Do no harm.” | 不伤害 |
[27:17] | And did you? | 你伤害了吗 |
[27:21] | I did. | 是的 |
[27:24] | Technically. | 可以这么说吧 |
[27:27] | You dared to care. | 你敢在乎 |
[27:32] | Not the first time I’ve lost | 我已经不是第一次 |
[27:35] | professional objectivity | 在与汉尼拔有关的事上 |
[27:38] | in a matter where Hannibal is concerned. | 失去职业客观性了 |
[27:44] | What did he tell you? | 他跟你说什么了 |
[27:48] | What do you think he told me? | 你觉得他跟我说了什么 |
[27:52] | I think he told you that I’m paranoid. | 我觉得他跟你说我多疑 |
[27:55] | – Are you? – Yes. | -你是吗 -是的 |
[27:59] | But that’s not to suggest I don’t have good reason to be. | 但这不代表我没理由多疑 |
[28:03] | You don’t trust Dr. Lecter. | 你不信任莱克特医生 |
[28:05] | No, there’s something wrong | 不 莱克特医生 |
[28:07] | with Dr. Lecter. | 有问题 |
[28:09] | Did you think that way | 他结束你们的 |
[28:11] | before he ended the doctor-patient relationship? | 医患关系之前你就这么想吗 |
[28:13] | No, it’s why he ended it. | 不 这正是他结束的原因 |
[28:15] | He knew I knew. | 他知道我知道了 |
[28:17] | I went to him mildly depressed, had trouble sleeping. | 我去找他时只是轻度抑郁 入睡困难 |
[28:21] | I ended up wildly depressed, not sleeping at all. | 结果现在十分抑郁 根本睡不着了 |
[28:25] | You believe your condition worsened | 你认为你在莱克特医生的照料下 |
[28:27] | under Dr. Lecter’s care? | 情况更糟了 |
[28:29] | “Care”? | 照料 |
[28:32] | He told me to eat more red meat and wrote a prescription. | 他叫我多吃红肉 写了张处方 |
[28:37] | And have you been taking the medication he prescribed? | 你有服用他给你开的药吗 |
[28:40] | Hell, no! | 当然没有 |
[28:43] | He wanted to administer phototherapy | 他想给我做光疗 |
[28:46] | to advance my circadian rhythms, help me sleep, | 好调整我的昼夜节律 帮助我入眠 |
[28:50] | but it wasn’t phototherapy. | 但那根本不是光疗 |
[28:51] | He stuck me in front of a light | 他把我按在一盏灯下 |
[28:53] | and I woke up somewhere else. | 我醒来时却在别处 |
[28:55] | Dr. Lecter told me | 莱克特医生告诉我 |
[28:56] | you had a seizure response to phototherapy. | 你对光疗起了癫痫反应 |
[28:59] | No, he did something to me. | 不 他对我动了手脚 |
[29:03] | You experienced a traumatic event that you now | 你经历了一件创伤性事件 而现在 |
[29:07] | associate with Dr. Lecter. | 你认为此事与莱克特医生有关 |
[29:08] | I nearly choked on my own tongue | 我差点被自己的舌头噎死 |
[29:10] | and he remained indifferent. | 他居然漠不关心 |
[29:14] | How is one patient worthy of compassion | 为什么一个病人值得同情 |
[29:19] | and another not? | 另一个就不值得了 |
[29:23] | I’m under no illusion | 我对我的同情的 |
[29:25] | how morally consistent my compassion has been. | 道德一致性不抱任何幻想 |
[29:31] | How is one murderer worthy of compassion | 为什么一个杀人犯值得同情 |
[29:34] | and not another? | 另一个就不值得了 |
[29:39] | All that time you were with Hannibal | 你跟汉尼拔在一起时 |
[29:43] | behind the veil, | 在帷幕之后 |
[29:47] | you’d already killed one patient. | 你已经杀过一个病人了 |
[29:52] | It ever occur to you to kill another? | 你想过再杀一个吗 |
[29:57] | My relationship with Hannibal | 我跟汉尼拔的关系 |
[29:59] | is not as passionate as yours. | 不像你们那么充满激情 |
[30:04] | You are here visiting an old flame. | 你是来见旧情的 |
[30:12] | Is your wife aware of | 你妻子知道 |
[30:15] | how intimately you and Hannibal know each other? | 你和汉尼拔对彼此的了解多深吗 |
[30:21] | She’s aware enough. | 她知道的够多了 |
[30:27] | You couldn’t save Hannibal. | 你没能拯救汉尼拔 |
[30:33] | Do you think you can save this new one? | 你觉得你能救新的这个吗 |
[30:37] | Your experience of Hannibal’s attention | 汉尼拔对你的关注 |
[30:41] | is so profoundly harmful, | 是如此有害 |
[30:45] | yet so irresistible, | 却又如此不可抗拒 |
[30:50] | it undermines your ability to think rationally. | 让你无法理智思考 |
[30:54] | I am thinking rationally. | 我很理智 |
[30:57] | You’ve made some very serious accusations. | 你的指控很严重 |
[30:59] | Actionable accusations? | 可以就此采取行动吗 |
[31:02] | – Yes. – And have you taken action? | -是的 -那你采取行动了吗 |
[31:06] | Is that what you want me to do? | 你希望我这么做吗 |
[31:08] | Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do on my behalf? | 你不该代表我这么做吗 |
[31:10] | And you haven’t. | 但你没有 |
[31:14] | I am not firmly convinced | 我并不认为 |
[31:15] | it would be in your best interest. | 这对你是有好处的 |
[31:17] | I am not firmly convinced | 我并不认为 |
[31:18] | you give a rat’s ass about my best interest. | 你在乎什么对我好 |
[31:23] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[31:25] | I believe you are experiencing a lack of insight. | 我认为你是看不清真相 |
[31:30] | I am trying to assist you in regaining enough insight | 我想帮你看清足够的事情真相 |
[31:34] | that you realize that you require medication. | 好让你明白你需要药物治疗 |
[31:40] | What medication would you prescribe, Dr. Du Maurier? | 你会开什么药 杜穆里埃医生 |
[31:45] | I would prescribe exactly the medication | 我会给你开 |
[31:47] | Dr. Lecter prescribed and you refused. | 莱克特医生给你开 但你不肯服的药 |
[31:51] | You know, whatever this is, whatever this is, | 不管这是什么 |
[31:53] | this is why Scientologists hate psychiatry. | 这就是山达基教讨厌精神病学的原因 |
[32:01] | What do you think “this” is? | 你觉得”这”是什么 |
[32:03] | Of course he would refer me to you! | 他当然叫我来找你了 |
[32:07] | You’re just as twisted as he is. | 你跟他一样扭曲 |
[32:11] | You’re walking down the street | 你在沿着街走 |
[32:14] | and you see a wounded bird in the grass. | 你在草丛中看到一只受伤的鸟 |
[32:19] | What’s your first thought? | 你的第一反应是什么 |
[32:24] | It’s vulnerable. | 它很脆弱 |
[32:27] | I want to help it. | 我想帮它 |
[32:31] | My first thought is also that it’s vulnerable. | 我的第一反应也是它很脆弱 |
[32:37] | And yet… | 但是 |
[32:40] | I want to crush it. | 我想碾碎它 |
[32:45] | A primal rejection of weakness which is | 对柔弱的原始拒绝本能 |
[32:49] | every bit as natural as the nurturing instinct. | 跟呵护直觉一样自然 |
[32:55] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[32:57] | I wouldn’t crush it, | 我不会真碾碎它 |
[33:01] | but my first thought is to do just that. | 但那是我的第一反应 |
[33:04] | You know, I gave up free will. | 我放弃了自由意愿 |
[33:06] | I continue to act and feel as though I have it, | 我还是像拥有自由意愿一样行动 感知 |
[33:09] | but I don’t. | 但我没有了 |
[33:09] | The only reason that I’m here is that that’s what was prescribed. | 我之所以来这儿 是因为那是他的处方 |
[33:12] | – Neil. Sit down. – No! No. | -尼尔 坐下 -不要 |
[33:15] | This is culty and weird– | 这太诡异了 |
[33:42] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你 |
[33:44] | I’m trying to clear your airway! | 我想给你疏通导气管 |
[34:24] | One thing I learned from Hannibal | 我从汉尼拔那儿学到了 |
[34:27] | is the alchemy of lies and truths. | 谎言和真相的炼金术 |
[34:32] | It’s how he convinced you you’re a killer. | 他让你相信 自己是个杀人犯 |
[34:37] | You’re not convinced? | 你不相信吗 |
[34:41] | You’re not a killer. | 你不是个杀人犯 |
[34:44] | You’re capable of righteous violence | 你能实施正义的暴力 |
[34:49] | because you are compassionate. | 因为你富有同情心 |
[34:54] | How are you capable? | 你有什么能力 |
[34:59] | Extreme acts of cruelty require… | 极其残忍的行为需要 |
[35:03] | …A high level of empathy. | 很高度的移情 |
[35:09] | The next time you have an instinct to help someone, | 你下次直觉想去帮人 |
[35:15] | you might consider crushing them instead. | 你或许该考虑转而干掉他们 |
[35:22] | It might save you | 或许能帮你 |
[35:24] | a great deal of trouble. | 免去很多麻烦 |
[35:38] | It was done carefully and cleanly | 刻得小心 干净 |
[35:42] | with a very sharp knife. | 刻刀很锋利 |
[35:45] | It was not the work of a child. | 不是小孩子能干的 |
[35:49] | It’s a Chinese character which means, “You hit it,” | 这是个中国字 意为”中标” |
[35:54] | an expression sometimes used in gambling. | 有时用于赌博 |
[35:57] | A lucky sign. | 幸运符 |
[36:01] | The character also appears on a mahjong tile. | 这个字在麻将里也有 |
[36:04] | Marks the Red Dragon. | 标记了红龙 |
[36:10] | “And behold a great red dragon…” | “看啊 伟大的红龙” |
[36:17] | Are you familiar with William Blake’s | 你了解威廉·布莱克的 |
[36:19] | The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun? | 《伟大的红龙与身披太阳的女人》吗 |
[36:23] | Blake’s Dragon stands over a pleading woman | 布莱克的红龙站在一个哀求的女人面前 |
[36:26] | caught in the coil of its tail. | 女人被其尾巴卷住 |
[36:30] | Few images in Western art | 西方艺术中 |
[36:33] | radiate such a unique and… | 少有散发着如此独特的 |
[36:36] | …nightmarish charge of demonic sexuality. | 噩梦般的恶魔性欲气息的作品 |
[36:44] | The man who killed the Jacobis and the Leedses | 杀了雅各比一家和利兹一家的人 |
[36:48] | saw something in them that drew him | 在他们身上看到了什么 才吸引他 |
[36:50] | and drove him to do it. | 迫使他杀人 |
[36:52] | He chose them | 他选择了他们 |
[36:54] | because something in them spoke to him. | 因为他们有令他产生共鸣之处 |
[37:00] | The Jacobis were the first to help him, | 雅各比首先帮助了他 |
[37:03] | the first to lift him into the glory of his becoming. | 第一个将他带入他蜕变结果的光辉中 |
[37:07] | The Jacobis were better than anything he knew. | 雅各比一家是他所见过的最棒的 |
[37:10] | Until the Leedses. | 直到他发现利兹一家 |
[37:12] | As the Dragon grows in strength and glory, | 红龙的力量和荣耀逐渐增长 |
[37:15] | there are families to come. | 后面还会有其他家庭 |
[37:19] | I have to believe there is a common factor | 我必须相信他们有共同点 |
[37:25] | and we will find it soon. | 而且我们很快就能找到 |
[37:30] | Otherwise you have to enter more houses | 否则你就得走进更多家庭 |
[37:32] | and see what the Dragon has left for you. | 看到红龙留下的惨象 |
[37:36] | 11 days to the next full moon. | 还剩11天就到满月了 |
[37:39] | Tick-tock. | 时间不多了 |
[37:42] | I like this Dragon, Will. | 我喜欢这只龙 威尔 |
[37:45] | I don’t think he’s crazy at all. | 我觉得他并不疯 |
[37:50] | I think he may be quite sane. | 我觉得他可能很清醒 |
[37:57] | A magnificent thing, | 多么美妙啊 |
[38:00] | to watch the world through his red haze. | 透过他的红雾看这个世界 |
[38:17] | Sign the register, please. | 请签登记薄 |
[38:24] | Painting Study. Miss Harper. | 绘画研究的哈珀女士 |
[38:38] | Mr. Crane? I’m Paula Harper. | 克兰先生 我是保拉·哈珀 |
[38:40] | You called about the Blake watercolour? | 你打电话说想看布莱克的水彩吗 |
[38:43] | Come with me. I’ll show it to you. You’ll need this. | 跟我来 我带你去看 你得戴上这个 |
[38:49] | The museum is closed to the general public on Tuesdays, | 博物馆周二不对公众开放 |
[38:53] | but art class and researchers are admitted. | 但艺术生和研究者可进入 |
[38:57] | May I ask what you’re researching? | 能问问你研究什么吗 |
[39:00] | A paper on Butts. | 关于巴茨的论文 |
[39:02] | On Thomas Butts? | 托马斯·巴茨吗 |
[39:03] | You only see him in footnotes as a patron of Blake’s. | 他只是作为布莱克的资助人出现的 |
[39:10] | Is he interesting? | 他有意思吗 |
[39:12] | I’m just beginning. | 我才开始研究呢 |
[39:17] | We have to keep it in this box | 我们得把画装在盒子里 |
[39:18] | because light will fade it. | 见光有损画质 |
[39:20] | That’s why it’s not on display often. | 所以不怎么常摆出来 |
[39:22] | You understand you’re not allowed to touch it? | 你知道你不可能碰画吧 |
[39:24] | I’ll display it for you that’s the rule. OK? | 我会拿出来给你看 这是规矩 |
[39:31] | Isn’t it stunning? | 多美啊 |
[39:33] | Even the best reproductions | 即便是最棒的临摹 |
[39:34] | can’t possibly do the colours justice. | 也无法画出那样的色彩 |
[39:38] | It appears he used chalk as well as– | 他似乎用了白垩 |
[40:55] | It’s just this way, Mr. Graham. | 这边请 格雷厄姆先生 |
[40:57] | You know, you’re the second person | 你是今天第二个要求 |
[40:58] | who’s asked to see the Blake today. | 看布莱克画作的人了 |
[41:13] | Wait here. | 等在这里 |
[41:15] | Paula, I have another visitor for The Great Red Dragon. | 保拉 我又带来一个看《伟大的红龙》的人 |
[41:21] | Paula? | 保拉 |