时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:48] | “She squared off mano-a-mano with Petrov | “她与佩特罗夫单独较量 |
[01:50] | to finalize the bailout deal. | 敲定了救市协议 |
[01:52] | Meanwhile, Secretary Durant twiddled her thumbs, waiting | 与此同时 杜兰特国务卿则无所事事地等候 |
[01:55] | without a seat at the bargaining table.” | 连上谈判桌的资格都没有” |
[01:58] | Pretty wild, huh? | 很疯狂 对吧 |
[02:00] | – When was that posted? -3:00 A.M. | -什么时候发的 -凌晨三点 |
[02:08] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[02:12] | – No breakfast, even? – I have work to do. | -早餐都不给吗 -我要工作了 |
[02:15] | Welcome back. It’s a dramatic day. | 欢迎回来 这是戏剧性的一天 |
[02:16] | Let’s see where things stand. | 我们看下现在情况 |
[02:17] | And, Wolf, you can see the big change. | 沃尔夫 可以看到形式大变 |
[02:19] | Catherine Durant now on our presidential nominating wall. | 凯瑟琳·杜兰特现在上了我们的总统提名墙 |
[02:21] | She has shifted from vice presidential hopeful | 原本有望成为副总统的她 |
[02:23] | to potential presidential candidate. | 转而竞争总统候选人 |
[02:25] | And a Durant candidacy might be appealing to Democrats | 杜兰特成为候选人或许对那些对安德伍德 |
[02:28] | who aren’t enthusiastic about either Underwood or Dunbar. | 和邓巴都没兴趣的民主党人很有吸引力 |
[02:31] | And imagine this scenario | 设想一下 |
[02:32] | if we play this out through this convention. | 纵观整个大会的大局 |
[02:34] | Heather Dunbar came out of the primaries, of course, with 46%. | 希瑟·邓巴退出初选时支持率是46% |
[02:38] | It’s not enough to win the nomination, | 这还不足以赢得提名 |
[02:39] | but for him to win, President Underwood, | 但如果安德伍德总统要取胜 |
[02:41] | he still needs these superdelegates. | 他还需要这些超级代表 |
[02:43] | He won the popular vote when Dunbar withdrew, | 邓巴退出时他赢得了选民票 |
[02:45] | but you’re saying he doesn’t have a technical majority. | 但你的意思是他还没有取得绝对多数 |
[02:48] | 659 superdelegates yet to weigh in, | 659名超级代表尚未投票 |
[02:50] | so you see Frank Underwood drops down to 48%. | 所以弗兰克·安德伍德已经掉到了48% |
[02:53] | He’s still in the lead, but not enough to clinch the nomination. | 他依然领先 但还不足以获得提名 |
[02:55] | And you want a little bit more intrigue, like we need that? | 想听更复杂的吗 好像还不够复杂似的 |
[02:58] | Twenty-four states, Wolf, these 24 states highlighted, | 24个州 沃尔夫 标亮的这24个州 |
[03:01] | they do not have so-called faithless delegate laws, | 没有所谓的不忠代表法 |
[03:04] | meaning in these 24 states, the delegates don’t have to, | 也就是说这24个州的代表没必要 |
[03:08] | they are not legally bound to vote for the candidate | 法律上没有规定他们必须投票给 |
[03:11] | who won their state’s primary or caucus. | 赢得本州初选或党团会议的候选人 |
[03:12] | They can vote for whoever they want. | 他们可以随心所欲投给任何人 |
[03:14] | They could vote for Heather Dunbar. | 他们可以投给希瑟·邓巴 |
[03:15] | They could switch over and vote for Catherine Durant. | 他们可以转投给凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[03:17] | Wolf, if they want, they could vote for you. | 沃尔夫 如果他们想的话 还可以投给你 |
[03:19] | So… They’re not gonna vote for me. | 他们不会投给我的 |
[03:20] | But if Secretary Durant siphons off enough votes | 但如果杜兰特国务卿吸走了足够的选票 |
[03:23] | or Underwood doesn’t get that majority in the first ballot, | 或是安德伍德未能在初轮投票中获得多数 |
[03:26] | what, all bets are off? | 那就一切皆有可能了吗 |
[03:27] | I think about the only sure bet today is | 我觉得今天唯一可以肯定的是 |
[03:29] | President Underwood must be wishing | 安德伍德总统一定恨不得 |
[03:31] | he hadn’t agreed to this open convention. | 当初没有同意召开开放党代会 |
[03:33] | Does Durant or Dunbar really have a shot at winning this thing? | 杜兰特或是邓巴真的有可能取胜吗 |
[03:36] | Sure. You’ve got a president who wasn’t elected to begin with. | 当然 现任总统本就不是获选上台的 |
[03:38] | His health is a giant question mark right now. | 他的健康状况现在也是一个大问号 |
[03:41] | He’s had a rocky tenure, plus you’ve got an open convention. | 他这个任期非常艰难 再加上开放党代会 |
[03:43] | Anything could happen. | 一切皆有可能 |
[03:44] | Like giving, uh, Durant a run for her money. | 比如杜兰特成为劲敌 |
[03:47] | Uh, Slugline, by the way, | 顺便提一下 头条网 |
[03:48] | picked up the Politico story from yesterday. | 转载了昨天政治新闻网的报道 |
[03:50] | It could get traction out there on the floor. | 在选举现场可能会引起一定注意 |
[03:52] | That’s true, and, again, at an open convention, | 没错 而且在开放党代会上 |
[03:54] | Claire Underwood may suddenly be the dark horse here. | 克莱尔·安德伍德也许会突然成为黑马 |
[04:22] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[04:25] | Hello, Claire. | 你好啊 克莱尔 |
[04:33] | Why’d you move down here? | 你怎么搬到楼下了 |
[04:36] | Hospice lady said I shouldn’t be going up and down stairs anymore. | 临终关怀的护士说我不该再上下楼梯了 |
[04:41] | Besides, I like it. More light. | 而且我也喜欢这里 光线更充足 |
[04:48] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[04:50] | Uh, Tom, would you give us a minute, please? | 汤姆 能让我们单独聊聊吗 |
[04:52] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:53] | No, no. Come here, young man. | 不不 过来 小伙子 |
[04:58] | Hi, Mrs. Hale. | 您好 黑尔太太 |
[05:00] | My name’s Tom. | 我叫汤姆 |
[05:02] | It’s Thomas Yates, the novelist. You’ve probably heard of him. | 托马斯·耶茨 小说家 你应该听说过他 |
[05:07] | I think everything since John Cheever isn’t worth readin’. | 我觉得从约翰·契弗起就没什么值得读的书了 |
[05:13] | You’re probably right. | 您也许是对的 |
[05:18] | Well, Claire… | 克莱尔 |
[05:21] | did you come to take stock of | 你是来清点 |
[05:23] | everything you’re gonna inherit when I die? | 我死后你要继承的遗产吗 |
[05:29] | Well, it’s convenient, isn’t it, | 很方便 不是吗 |
[05:31] | having a dying mother when you need an excuse to skip town? | 有个濒死的母亲 可以拿来做出城的理由 |
[05:40] | We won’t disturb you. | 我们不会打扰你的 |
[05:43] | It was nice meeting you, Mrs. Hale. | 认识您很高兴 黑尔太太 |
[05:46] | – Elizabeth. – All right. Well, then you call me Tom. | -叫我伊丽莎白 -好 那您也叫我汤姆 |
[05:50] | I hate “Thomas.” | 我讨厌人叫我托马斯 |
[05:53] | – Fair enough, Tom. – We have a deal. | -好 汤姆 -就这么说定了 |
[06:01] | We want a unified party, not a fractured one. | 我们需要党内团结 而不是四分五裂 |
[06:04] | I can’t play fast and loose with the rules. | 我不能在规则上反复无常 |
[06:06] | This is an open convention. There are no rules. | 这是开放党代会 本就没有规则 |
[06:09] | I already gave Senator Sheer that prime-time spot that you wanted. | 我已经按你的意思把黄金时段给了希尔议员 |
[06:11] | But this, as chair of the convention– | 但这事 作为党代会主席 |
[06:13] | And I made you chair of this convention | 是我让你做党代会主席的 |
[06:15] | precisely for moments like this. | 就是想防备这种事 |
[06:18] | I have an obligation to not play favorites. | 我有义务不徇私 |
[06:20] | Your obligation to the party | 你对党的义务 |
[06:22] | is an obligation to the leader of the party, | 就是对党领袖的义务 |
[06:24] | and as the president, that would be me. | 身为总统 我就是党领袖 |
[06:26] | – Correct? – Yes, sir, but– | -没错吧 -是的 先生 但是 |
[06:27] | Then this isn’t about favoritism. It’s about solidarity. | 那这就无关徇私 而是党内团结 |
[06:31] | We’ve got a car waiting to take you | 我们已为您安排好车 |
[06:32] | to the convention hall, Ms. Whittaker. | 带您去会场了 惠特克女士 |
[06:42] | I call this convention to order | 我应民主党全国委员会 |
[06:45] | of the Democratic National Committee | 以及党代会主席 帕特·惠特克之命 |
[06:48] | and the convention chair, Patti Whittaker. | 宣布会议开始 |
[06:55] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:58] | I was just informed that the president will travel to Washington | 我刚得知 总统要去华盛顿 |
[07:02] | to meet with his national security team. | 会见国家安全小组 |
[07:05] | Given that key contenders for both slots on the ticket | 鉴于两项提名的主要竞争者 |
[07:08] | aren’t able to be on the floor today, | 今天都不能到场 |
[07:11] | the Rules Committee has advised that | 规则委员会建议 |
[07:15] | we should wait for their return | 我们等他们回来 |
[07:17] | before any further votes are held. | 再进行下一轮投票 |
[07:23] | There is a motion to postpone all votes | 现有一项动议 延期所有投票 |
[07:27] | until the president’s return. | 直到总统回来 |
[07:30] | ICO began its advance from As Suwar late last night, | 哈里发国已于昨晚深夜从苏瓦尔出发 |
[07:34] | and by our calculations and their current pace, | 据我们的计算和他们目前的行军速度来看 |
[07:36] | we expect them to reach the Euphrates within 72 hours. | 我们预计他们会在72小时内到达幼发拉底河 |
[07:39] | Now, this could disrupt highway and river traffic, | 这可能影响公路和河道交通 |
[07:42] | but more importantly, | 但更重要的是 |
[07:44] | could give them the opportunity | 这会使他们有机会 |
[07:45] | to destroy vital dams in the region. | 破坏该地区的重要水坝 |
[07:48] | And as a result, I am heading to Washington right now | 因此 我现在就前往华盛顿 |
[07:51] | so that we can decide exactly how we should stop this ICO advance. | 来讨论怎样阻止这次哈里发国的进军 |
[07:58] | Is this sudden change of plans | 这突然的计划变动 |
[07:59] | a result of your meeting with Governor Conway yesterday? | 是您昨天与康威州长会晤的结果吗 |
[08:02] | Well, it wouldn’t surprise me if ICO accelerated their plans, | 如果州长的言论促使哈里发国加速计划 |
[08:05] | uh, because of the governor’s comments. | 我也不会惊奇 |
[08:07] | They certainly know how to take advantage of media attention. | 他们懂得如何利用媒体的关注 |
[08:10] | But whether that’s the truth or not, | 但无论事实是否如此 |
[08:12] | this is an imminent threat which we must deal with immediately. | 解决这个威胁迫在眉睫 |
[08:14] | I’m glad the president heard me | 我很高兴总统听取我的意见 |
[08:16] | and finally took General Brockhart’s advice to heart. | 并终于采纳了布洛哈特将军的建议 |
[08:18] | Now we’ll just have to | 现在我们只能 |
[08:19] | wait and see if it actually results in anything. | 等着看看是否真能得到什么结果 |
[08:22] | I just hope it’s not too little, too late. | 只希望不会收效太小 太迟 |
[08:25] | What are your plans now, Governor? Remain in Atlanta? | 州长先生 您现在如何打算 留在亚特兰大吗 |
[08:27] | No, Hannah and I are heading back on the trail. | 不 我和汉娜要回到竞选活动中 |
[08:29] | We accomplished what we needed to here in Georgia, and | 我们在佐治亚州完成了我们要做的事 |
[08:31] | we’re heading off to Arizona today and then Utah. | 我们今天要去亚利桑那州 然后去犹他州 |
[08:34] | Mr. President. Mr. President. | 总统先生 总统先生 |
[08:35] | Why Washington and not here? | 为什么去华盛顿 而不是在这里解决 |
[08:37] | This issue is too sensitive for a mobile White House. | 这个问题太敏感 不能在外解决 |
[08:40] | I need to be in the Situation Room | 我需要在战况室里 |
[08:41] | with my entire staff and team of advisors around me. | 与行政人员和顾问团队一起讨论 |
[08:45] | Mr. President. Mr. President. | 总统先生 总统先生 |
[08:47] | Yes, Adam. | 亚当 |
[08:48] | Mr. President, is this a way to silence Secretary Durant | 总统先生 这是为了堵国务卿杜兰特的嘴吗 |
[08:51] | after Louisiana put her in the running for president? | 因为路易斯安那州将她推入了总统竞选 |
[08:54] | I don’t use national security matters for political purposes. | 我不会把国家安全与政治竞争混为一谈 |
[08:57] | You know that, Adam. | 你知道的 亚当 |
[08:58] | You have any other further questions, please direct them to Seth. | 如果你们还有其它问题 请向赛斯提问 |
[09:01] | Thank you all very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[09:04] | – You want me to come with? – No, you stay behind. | -要我一起去吗 -不 你留下 |
[09:06] | – Keep everything under control. – Yes, sir. | -掌控好局面 -是 先生 |
[09:08] | There are reports that she’s left Atlanta. | 有消息称她已经离开亚特兰大了 |
[09:10] | The First Lady left earlier this morning. | 第一夫人是今早早些时候离开的 |
[09:11] | Her mother’s health has deteriorated in the past few days. | 她母亲的健康状况在过去几天进一步恶化了 |
[09:16] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[09:17] | Does this mean she’s out of the running for VP? | 这是否意味着她会退出副总统的竞选 |
[09:19] | The First Lady was never in the running. | 第一夫人从来就没参选过 |
[09:21] | She and the president continue to support Catherine Durant– | 她和总统会继续支持凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[09:32] | Father of four, sailor… | 四个孩子的父亲 水手 |
[09:36] | staph infection from stepping on a rusty fish hook. | 因为踩到了生锈的鱼钩导致葡萄球菌感染 |
[09:38] | Heavens! | 天呐 |
[09:39] | And this one, yeah, you were a fruit fly. | 还有这个 嗯 你曾是只果蝇 |
[09:43] | – A fruit fly. – Yes. | -果蝇 -对 |
[09:48] | You were a consort to Rasputin and his 14-inch… | 你曾是拉斯普京的伴侣 享用他14英寸的 |
[09:48] | 俄帝国时期神棍 因为尺寸大而闻名 实为11英寸 | |
[09:51] | No, don’t say it. | 不要 别说出来 |
[09:53] | I don’t have to say it because you’re already imagining it. | 我不用说 你已经在脑补了 |
[10:01] | I looked it over. | 我看完了 |
[10:05] | I’ll meet you outside. | 咱们出去谈 |
[10:17] | Uh, gonna leave all this to Vi and the girls | 打算留给薇和那些姑娘们的 |
[10:21] | if you’re not interested. | 如果你不想要的话 |
[10:25] | Grandmother’s jewelry? | 外婆的首饰 |
[10:28] | She’d turn over in her grave | 要是我不至少跟你提一嘴 |
[10:30] | if I didn’t at least offer it to you. | 她在墓里都得气得翻身 |
[10:34] | She had great taste. | 她品味真不错 |
[10:37] | Where do you think I got it from? | 不然你以为我的品味从哪来的 |
[10:42] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[10:46] | Look at it. Open it up. | 打开看看吧 |
[10:53] | Must be worth somethin’, baby teeth of the First Lady. | 肯定还是值点钱的 第一夫人的乳牙 |
[11:00] | I like that boy. | 我挺喜欢那个小伙儿 |
[11:03] | Makes me laugh. | 能逗我笑 |
[11:06] | Like your father used to. | 就像你父亲在世时那样 |
[11:08] | Can’t imagine daddy dressed up as a fortune teller. | 我想象不出爸爸扮成算命的是什么样 |
[11:12] | Oh, you’d be surprised. He had a silly side to him. | 你会意想不到的 他也有逗逼的一面 |
[11:17] | Not that I ever saw. | 我是没见过 |
[11:21] | Well, there were certain things that he only did with me. | 有些事他只会在我面前做 |
[11:33] | Oh, you see, laughter is good for the pain. | 你瞧 笑一笑能缓解疼痛 |
[11:36] | Even better than this morphine. | 比吗啡还有效 |
[11:40] | – Let me help you. – No, no, I can do it. | -我来帮你吧 -不用 我自己能行 |
[11:43] | You just go. | 你走吧 |
[11:47] | Go! | 走 |
[12:08] | You crossed everything out. | 你把所有内容都划掉了 |
[12:11] | – It wasn’t good. – I know. | -因为不够好 -我知道 |
[12:21] | Is that what you’re gonna do here, after she dies? | 等她去世了 你打算对这里也那样吗 |
[12:25] | Cross everything out… because it wasn’t good? | 因为不够好 把一切都抹去 |
[12:34] | You’re not going to get me to talk about my mother. | 我不会和你谈论我母亲的 |
[12:40] | I hope not. | 我希望不会 |
[12:42] | Hatred’s ugly. | 恨太丑恶了 |
[12:44] | It’s too beautiful a day for that. | 天气这么好 不适合谈那个 |
[12:48] | Back to the salt mines. | 回去干活儿喽 |
[13:01] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[13:02] | Sir, these are the current ICO positions. | 先生 这是哈里发国目前的位置 |
[13:05] | We’re still drafting action items, | 我们还在起草任务项目 |
[13:06] | but we can give you a rough sense– | 但是我们可给您一个大致的 |
[13:08] | Well, before we discuss any military options, | 在讨论军事选择之前 |
[13:10] | I’d like to put a call in to Damascus and see what they’ll allow. | 我要和大马士革通话 看看他们能允许什么行动 |
[13:13] | Madam Secretary, won’t you join me? | 国务卿女士 跟我一起来吧 |
[13:23] | So you had to call a national security meeting | 为了单独见我 你不惜召集 |
[13:25] | just to get us in the same room? | 国家安全会议 |
[13:27] | And to keep you off the phone with Conway. | 也为了不让你和康威通话 |
[13:29] | All I needed was one call to him. I don’t need to make another. | 我只需要给他打一通电话 不需要第二通 |
[13:32] | You don’t actually think he’s gonna make you Secretary of State, do you? | 你不是真觉得他会任命你为国务卿吧 |
[13:35] | Probably not, but I would’ve paid good money | 估计不会 但我真想看到 |
[13:37] | just to see your face when he told you. | 他告诉你消息时你的脸色 |
[13:40] | I never promised you the ticket. | 我从没保证会和你一起参选 |
[13:42] | I promised you I’d try. | 我只说了会尽力 |
[13:43] | You pretended to try. | 你是装作尽力 |
[13:45] | Claire’s support didn’t just happen on its own, | 对克莱尔的支持不会凭空出现 |
[13:48] | and you had the gall to take my hand, | 你还好意思握着我的手 |
[13:50] | look me in the eye and lie to my face. | 看着我的眼睛 对我撒谎 |
[13:53] | – You’re mistaken, Cathy. – Oh, come on, Frank. | -你错了 凯茜 -拜托 弗兰克 |
[13:56] | I’ve had a front row seat to everything | 从沃克就职的那天起 |
[13:58] | since the day Walker took office, | 我就近距离看到了一切 |
[14:00] | all the lies and betrayals, and I helped you. | 所有的谎言和背叛 我还帮了你 |
[14:03] | My mistake was I assumed you wouldn’t stab me in the back. | 我的错误是以为你不会在背后捅我一刀 |
[14:06] | Your mistake is that it backfired. | 你的错误是弄巧成拙 |
[14:12] | This is all personal, isn’t it? | 这完全是个人恩怨 对吧 |
[14:14] | This is about how Claire treated you when I was in the hospital. | 完全是为了报复我在医院时 克莱尔那样对你 |
[14:17] | Give me more credit than that. This is business. | 别这么小瞧我 这是生意 |
[14:20] | We were partners. You broke the contract. | 我们曾是合作伙伴 是你违约了 |
[14:22] | – So, what do you want? – What else is there, Frank? | -那你想要什么 -还有什么呢 弗兰克 |
[14:27] | Nothing. | 什么都没了 |
[14:30] | It’s simple. Either Claire’s votes come my way… | 很简单 要么让克莱尔的票改投给我 |
[14:34] | or I turn the convention upside down. | 要么我就把大会搞得一团乱 |
[14:39] | We need to talk about Seth. | 我们得谈谈赛斯 |
[14:41] | I’ve been getting calls from former clients. | 我接到了许多前客户的电话 |
[14:44] | Now, before you say anything, here’s the dirt. | 你开口之前 我告诉你我干过的坏事吧 |
[14:47] | I cheated on a math test in 8th grade, | 我8年级时在一次数学测验上做过弊 |
[14:49] | I shoplifted a homecoming dress when I was 16, | 我16岁时曾为返校节偷过一条裙子 |
[14:52] | I experimented with a sorority sister in freshman year, | 我大一时跟一个女生联谊会的姐妹搞过 |
[14:54] | and I was late on my taxes in 2007. | 我2007年晚交了税 |
[14:57] | What he won’t find is anything that justifies firing me. | 但他不会找到任何开除我的正当理由 |
[15:01] | I’m sure he was just vetting you. We do that with everyone. | 他肯定只是在审查你 我们对每个人都要审查 |
[15:06] | Okay, if that’s your story, then fine, | 你非要这样说的话 那好吧 |
[15:07] | but all I care about is winning this election. | 但我只在乎赢得大选 |
[15:09] | So let’s get past our personal shit and be a team, okay? | 我们放下个人恩怨 团结合作 好吗 |
[15:18] | We’re fighting a common enemy here, Mr. President. | 我们在对抗同一个敌人 总统先生 |
[15:20] | It’s important that we remain united. | 我们保持团结十分重要 |
[15:22] | Yeah, and I can assure you that Secretary Durant will reach out | 嗯 我向你保证我们采取任何行动前 |
[15:25] | before we conduct any operation. | 杜兰特国务卿都会跟你联系 |
[15:27] | Thank you for your time, Mr. President. | 非常感谢 总统先生 |
[15:29] | We’ll be in touch as soon as we come up with a plan. | 我们一想出计划就会联系你 |
[15:32] | You’re acting like I’ll still be Secretary of State. | 你一副我还能当国务卿的样子 |
[15:34] | Well, if you play your cards right, you will be. | 如果你决策正确 就会是的 |
[15:36] | Who else did you offer the VP slot to? | 你还请过谁当你的副总统 |
[15:39] | There’s Jackie, Austen, me. Anyone else? | 杰姬 奥斯汀 我 还有谁 |
[15:41] | Austen withdrew on his own, and so did Jackie. | 奥斯汀自愿退出的 杰姬也是 |
[15:43] | I did not push her out. | 我没有逼她退出 |
[15:45] | Jackie says you took her for granted, | 杰姬说你毫不尊重她 |
[15:47] | that you bullied her, you intimidated her. | 说你威胁她 恐吓她 |
[15:49] | And that is what she is telling every member | 她正在给加州的代表们 |
[15:51] | of the California delegation, one phone call at a time. | 一个一个打电话说这番话 |
[15:55] | California. Lots of votes. | 加州 票很多 |
[15:58] | California, the largest piece of delegates at the Democratic Convention. | 加州 民主党大会最大的票仓 |
[16:01] | I’m told that delegation is trending toward Heather Dunbar. | 我听说代表团正在倾向希瑟·邓巴 |
[16:04] | Let’s watch this, Wolf. | 来看一下 沃尔夫 |
[16:05] | Let’s imagine she only picked up | 想像一下她只拿下 |
[16:07] | two-thirds of the California delegates. | 加州三分之二的代表 |
[16:08] | That gets you above 300 there. | 这就超过300票了 |
[16:10] | Plus, we assume she’ll keep her home state Connecticut’s support. | 另外 我们估计她能守住她家乡康涅狄格州 |
[16:13] | Off to a pretty good start. | 这样起点就相当不错 |
[16:14] | It’s over 300 delegates. What, roughly, uh, 7% of the vote? | 超过300张代表票 大概是7%的选票了 |
[16:17] | That alone could take this, what, to a second ballot? | 单单这些就足以使投票进入第二轮了吧 |
[16:19] | That takes it to a second ballot, an open convention again. | 没错 又是开放党代会 |
[16:22] | Plus, we also assume that | 而且我们预计 |
[16:23] | Louisiana will stay with Catherine Durant. | 路易斯安那州会继续支持凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[16:25] | So, we are not going to have a definitive idea | 至少在第一轮投票结束前 |
[16:28] | of how all this is gonna shape up | 我们无法确切估计 |
[16:29] | at least until they conduct the first ballot. | 局势将如何走向 |
[16:31] | There’s still no update as to, uh, | 目前总统和杜兰特国务卿 |
[16:33] | when the president and Secretary Durant will return. | 将何时返回尚无新消息 |
[16:36] | No, and that adds to some of the uncertainty here. | 是啊 这也增加了不确定性 |
[16:37] | So let’s go back to the floor, see how things are playing out. | 我们回到现场 看看情况如何 |
[16:40] | It didn’t specify in the article | 文章里没有说明 |
[16:41] | which direction the motorcade was heading. | 当时车队是朝哪个方向开的 |
[16:47] | East. | 朝东 |
[16:49] | 贝茨城 东 | |
[16:50] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:53] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[17:16] | 不是 堪萨斯城 | |
[17:19] | Hot damn! | 我去 |
[17:21] | I am promising you Secretary of State for as long as you want it | 我保证你想当多久国务卿都可以 |
[17:24] | and my full support when you run for President in 2024. | 你2024年竞选总统时我会全力支持 |
[17:28] | I mean, who knows, you might even get lucky. | 谁知道呢 你说不好会走运 |
[17:30] | My liver might fail before then. | 我的肝脏或许在那之前就衰竭了 |
[17:32] | Your promises stopped meaning much | 你把我的职位许给贝克的时候 |
[17:33] | after you promised Baker my job. | 你的承诺就没有意义了 |
[17:35] | I have no intention of offering him Secretary of State. | 我完全没打算让他当国务卿 |
[17:38] | Oh, so you lied to him the way Walker lied to you. | 那么你就像沃克骗你一样骗了他 |
[17:41] | No. Walker and I didn’t have a history. | 不 我和沃克又不是老交情 |
[17:44] | And Walker didn’t respect me. | 沃克也不尊重我 |
[17:46] | You and I have a history, Cathy, and I respect you immensely. | 你我是有交情的 凯茜 我也非常尊重你 |
[17:49] | But our history goes back three years. | 但是我们共事才3年 |
[17:52] | Claire’s and my partnership goes back 30. | 克莱尔和我已经是30年的搭档了 |
[17:55] | You have to respect that. | 你必须尊重这一点 |
[17:57] | I might have… | 我可能会… |
[17:59] | if you had been honest with me from the beginning. | 如果你一开始就对我说实话的话 |
[18:01] | Well, I wish I could turn back time, but here we are. | 我也希望时间能倒退 可现在已经这样了 |
[18:05] | And you can keep me out of Atlanta for as long as you want, | 你可以把我挡在亚特兰大之外 想多久多久 |
[18:07] | but you can’t hold the vote back forever. | 但你不能永远拖着选票 |
[18:10] | Time’s moving forward, not back. And time is on my side. | 时间在前进不是倒退 而时间站在我这边 |
[18:19] | If Heather Dunbar wants to take advantage of the President’s absence, | 如果希瑟·邓巴想占总统不在的便宜 |
[18:22] | that’s her prerogative. | 那是她的权利 |
[18:23] | But she’s still in D.C., there’s no public statement. | 但是她仍在华府 也未发表公开声明 |
[18:25] | You see that as taking advantage? | 你认为这是占便宜 |
[18:27] | You think Congresswoman Sharp would make calls on her behalf | 你认为如果不是她在华府幕后操纵 |
[18:30] | if she wasn’t pulling the strings from Washington? | 夏普议员会代表她打电话拉票吗 |
[18:32] | Sharp says she’s doing it on her own. | 夏普说是她自己打的 |
[18:35] | You don’t have any proof of coordination. | 你没有任何证据表明她们有合作 |
[18:37] | You’re right, I don’t. | 你说得对 我没有 |
[18:39] | Just human nature, basic logic, | 只是清楚人性 基本逻辑 |
[18:41] | and a slightly better than average understanding | 而且比常人更了解 |
[18:42] | of political gamesmanship. | 政治手腕 |
[18:44] | Uh, if you will excuse me, even press secretaries have to pee. | 失陪一下 新闻发言人也要上厕所 |
[18:49] | – I’ll just be right back. – Okay. | -我马上回来 -好的 |
[18:50] | Excuse me. Excuse me. I’m sorry. Excuse me. | 失陪 抱歉 失陪 |
[18:57] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[18:59] | LeAnn knows, and I think you told her. | 莉安知道了 我认为是你告诉了她 |
[19:02] | I did. Straight up. I told her everything. | 对 直截了当 我全告诉她了 |
[19:05] | – Let’s go. Upstairs. – No. | -走 上楼去 -不 |
[19:09] | – Excuse me? – You’ve got Dunbar in play, | -你说什么 -邓巴重回局内 |
[19:11] | you got Durant with the President, | 杜兰特和总统在一起 |
[19:13] | and the First Lady’s in Dallas. | 第一夫人在达拉斯 |
[19:14] | And I’ve got a room full of press | 这里的一屋子记者 |
[19:15] | that I’ve been keeping at bay since 8:00 this morning, | 我从早上八点就在努力应付他们 |
[19:17] | so I will tell you why I told her… | 等我把熊孩子都哄睡了 |
[19:20] | after I tuck in all the children. | 再跟你讲我为什么告诉她吧 |
[19:50] | Let’s vote now! | 现在投票 |
[19:57] | Order, please! | 请安静一下 |
[20:00] | It is Senator Sheer’s time to speak. | 现在请希尔参议员讲话 |
[20:04] | Order! | 安静 |
[20:06] | Maybe we should let Cathy have her way. | 也许我们应该遂凯茜的愿 |
[20:09] | If the vote’s held now, you two win. We focus on the general. | 如果现在投票 你们获胜 我们大选再战 |
[20:14] | What’s brought all this on? | 为什么这么说 |
[20:17] | I just wonder if we’re in over our heads, | 我只是在想我们这么做 |
[20:20] | Francis, trying to do this. | 是不是不自量力 弗兰西斯 |
[20:22] | Is it your mother? | 是因为你母亲吗 |
[20:24] | I’m sure it’s difficult to see her this sick. | 看到她病得这么重一定很不好受吧 |
[20:30] | She’s completely helpless. | 她完全无助 |
[20:32] | But we’re not helpless. We can turn this around. | 但我们并不无助 我们可以扭转局势 |
[20:38] | I guess I’m just… | 我想我只是… |
[20:41] | I don’t know, maybe… maybe we’re making a mistake. | 我不知道 也许我们做错了 |
[20:45] | Maybe I’m not ready to be your running mate. | 也许我还没准备好做你的竞选搭档 |
[20:47] | – Conway has a four-star general. – Is she happy, your mother? | -康威有个四星将军 -你母亲快乐吗 |
[20:53] | No, she’s miserable. | 不 她很痛苦 |
[20:55] | Tom makes her laugh, but mostly, no. | 汤姆逗她笑 但大多数时候不快乐 |
[21:00] | Imagine my liver’s failing. | 想象一下我肝衰竭了 |
[21:02] | – Imagine I’m dying. – Francis… | -想象我要死了 -弗兰西斯 |
[21:04] | No, I just want you to picture it for just a moment. | 不 你就想象一下 |
[21:07] | There I am, lying in a bed just like your mother is now. | 我躺在床上 像你母亲现在一样 |
[21:12] | The only thing that would make me happy | 唯一能让我高兴的事 |
[21:15] | is to know that you would take over after I passed. | 就是知道我走了以后 你会接手 |
[21:19] | If it were Cathy… | 如果是凯茜 |
[21:21] | I’d be just as miserable as your mother is. | 我会和你母亲一样痛苦的 |
[21:25] | I’ll do my part. | 我会做好我的事 |
[21:28] | You just concentrate on that speech. | 你就专注你的讲话 |
[21:33] | All right. Thank you, Francis. | 好 谢谢你 弗兰西斯 |
[21:35] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:37] | – She, uh… she won’t eat? – It’s hard for her to swallow. | -她不吃东西吗 -她吞咽很困难 |
[21:42] | How much time do you think she has? | 你觉得她还有多少时间 |
[21:46] | I can’t be definitive, but… a couple of weeks, maybe. | 我说不准 可能是几周 |
[21:52] | If she stops eating altogether, it could be days. | 如果她完全不进食 可能就只有几天了 |
[21:56] | She’s in a lot of pain. | 她很痛苦 |
[22:00] | She doesn’t have to be. | 她可以不用这么痛苦 |
[22:02] | When it gets to this point, we can make her comfortable. | 到了这一步 我们可以让她舒适一些 |
[22:08] | Comfortable enough that the body will let go. | 舒适到让她的身体不再挣扎 |
[22:16] | Does she want that? | 那是她想要的吗 |
[22:20] | That is something you should discuss with your mother. | 这个你该和你母亲讨论一下 |
[22:28] | I like the plants. | 我喜欢那些植物 |
[22:31] | The plants you put in there. | 你放在那儿的那些 |
[22:36] | It’s the little things, right? | 小东西总能让人眼前一亮 对吧 |
[22:41] | If we take out the refineries, | 如果我们干掉精炼厂 |
[22:42] | that would eliminate their revenue stream. | 就能切断他们的收入来源 |
[22:44] | They can’t advance if they don’t have the resources. | 没有了资源 他们就无法进军 |
[22:46] | President Makhzun made it very clear | 马克宗总统明确表示 |
[22:48] | he wants those to remain intact. | 不希望精炼厂被毁 |
[22:50] | It’s our best option from a strategic point of view. | 从战略角度看 那是我们最好的选择 |
[22:52] | Minimal loss of life, maximal impact on capability. | 伤亡最小 对他们能力的冲击最大 |
[22:55] | It’s either total war or nothing at all. | 要么全面开战 要么就不打 |
[23:00] | Well, that doesn’t sound very diplomatic, Cathy. | 这可不符合外交策略 凯茜 |
[23:02] | We’re going to be diplomatic with terrorists? | 我们要和恐怖分子谈外交吗 |
[23:05] | I made a promise to President Makhzun. | 我向马克宗总统承诺过 |
[23:07] | You’ve broken promises before. Why should this be any different? | 你之前就违背过诺言 这次有什么不同 |
[23:13] | Why don’t we break for dinner? We’ll pick this up afterwards. | 不如我们休息一下 晚餐之后继续吧 |
[23:15] | I wanna review this a bit more. | 我想再考虑一下 |
[23:16] | I’ll have some food brought into the Roosevelt Room. | 我会让人把食物送去罗斯福室 |
[23:18] | Thank you all very much. | 感谢各位 |
[23:24] | Cathy, why don’t you and I eat in here? | 凯茜 我们俩就在这里吃吧 |
[23:43] | “Total war or nothing at all”? | “要么全面开战 要么就不打” |
[23:46] | The moment I get in front of those cameras | 如果我在镜头前说 |
[23:48] | and I tell them that Conway is right and Brockhart is right, | 康威是对的 布洛哈特也是对的 |
[23:52] | and that you completely bungled the ICO situation, | 你把哈里发国的事完全搞砸了 |
[23:55] | how do you think Dunbar will do then? | 你觉得邓巴到时会怎么样 |
[24:03] | Can we get two Cobb salads in here, please? | 请送两份科布沙拉过来 谢谢 |
[24:06] | – I don’t like Cobb salad. – Then you don’t have to eat it. | -我不喜欢科布沙拉 -那你可以不吃 |
[24:15] | Thanks for coming over. | 谢谢你过来 |
[24:16] | Way easier coming here than you coming there. | 我过来比你过去容易多了 |
[24:18] | Must be ten news crews outside of my house. | 我门外有十支新闻团队守着呢 |
[24:21] | How’d you escape? | 你怎么跑出来的 |
[24:22] | The old-fashioned way. Back door. | 老办法 走后门 |
[24:24] | How did you get my home phone? | 你怎么弄到我的住宅电话的 |
[24:26] | Oh, old-fashioned way. | 老办法 |
[24:27] | Rolodex from the Herald. | 《先驱报》的联络簿 |
[24:30] | – Come with me. I won’t keep you long. – Yeah. | -跟我来 不会很久的 -好 |
[24:33] | – How long did this take you? – Couple of months. | -这些花了你多少时间 -几个月 |
[24:37] | I’ve been working on my own. | 我单独做的 |
[24:38] | We had a whole team and we didn’t find this. | 我们有一整队人手 都没发现这个 |
[24:40] | Well, you probably weren’t digging as deep as the Bates City Vine. | 你们或许没有深挖到贝茨城葡萄园 |
[24:45] | No. | 没有 |
[24:46] | We spent most of our energy tracking the money. | 我们把大部分精力放在追踪资金上了 |
[24:48] | We should’ve been more focused on the travel logs. | 我们应该更关注出行记录的 |
[24:51] | I wouldn’t have checked either until I spoke with a pizza guy. | 我是和一个披萨店的人聊了之后才想到的 |
[24:53] | Then I realized they might be manipulating the logs. | 后来我想到 他们有可能篡改出行记录 |
[24:55] | Which gets you to Lanagin. | 于是你查到了拉尼根 |
[24:57] | It still doesn’t prove he met with Lanagin, | 这还是不能证明他见了拉尼根 |
[25:00] | but I don’t know where else that motorcade would’ve been heading. | 但我不知道车队还能去哪 |
[25:02] | Are you going public with this? | 你打算把这个公开吗 |
[25:04] | I could, but he has some plausible deniability. | 我是可以 但是他还能合理推诿 |
[25:07] | He pins it all on Meechum. | 全都推到密查姆身上 |
[25:09] | If he’s covering up travel, | 如果他掩盖了行踪 |
[25:11] | who knows what else he’s covering up? | 谁知道他还掩盖了什么 |
[25:13] | That’s the story I want, | 那才是我想要的报道 |
[25:15] | not some Secret Service man being loose with the books. | 而不是什么特勤局人员修改记录 |
[25:18] | So you’re still under the radar. | 那你还没有引起注意 |
[25:24] | I have to ask you to keep all this to yourself. | 我得请你对这一切保密 |
[25:27] | I know it can be tempting now that… you have a chance, | 我知道你现在有了机会 这很诱人 |
[25:30] | but if this goes public too early, his guard goes up. | 但如果这一切过早公布 他会提高警惕 |
[25:34] | Listen, it was hard when I withdrew. | 我退出选举的时候很艰难 |
[25:37] | How the leadership abandoned me, how the public did. | 半数领导层和公众都抛弃了我 |
[25:40] | It took some time… | 花了些时间 |
[25:43] | but I made my peace. | 但我看开了 |
[25:44] | It’s a crapshoot whether I can win this. | 我是赢是输本来就不好说 |
[25:46] | He can probably fight that off. | 他可以反驳这样的报道 |
[25:52] | You need to write the story that he can’t fight off. | 你得写一篇他无法反驳的报道 |
[25:59] | You investigated him. Where’s the weak link? | 你调查过他 突破点在哪里 |
[26:04] | Remy Danton. | 雷米·丹顿 |
[26:30] | Tom did that. | 那是汤姆弄的 |
[26:34] | It’s a shame. He’d be good for you. | 真遗憾 他会合适你的 |
[26:41] | I never believed in the tooth fairy. | 我从没相信过牙仙 |
[26:46] | Well, you took the money anyway. | 但你还是把钱拿走了 |
[26:49] | Could you turn off that light, please? Hurts my eyes. | 能帮我把那盏灯关了吗 很刺眼 |
[27:01] | When you were small… you used to… | 你小时候 曾经 |
[27:06] | used to ask me to make it stop, the dark. | 曾经求我 让黑暗停止 |
[27:10] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[27:13] | Yes. | 记得 |
[27:15] | And I promised you I would… in the morning. | 我向你保证我会的 早上就让它停 |
[27:21] | But, damn it, you would sit at that window… | 但该死的 你会每天晚上 |
[27:26] | every night… | 坐在窗前 |
[27:28] | trying to make the sun rise, all by yourself. | 想凭自己的力量让太阳升起来 |
[27:35] | Your daddy would put you in bed… | 你脸靠在窗户上睡着后 |
[27:38] | after you’d fallen asleep with your face against the glass. | 你爸爸会把你抱上床 |
[27:46] | And I was so jealous. | 我那时非常嫉妒 |
[27:50] | Of me and Daddy? | 嫉妒我和爸爸吗 |
[27:53] | That you believed. | 嫉妒你相信 |
[27:56] | You believed you could make the sun rise. | 你相信你可以让太阳升起 |
[28:05] | I spoke to her, Mother, the nurse. | 我跟护士谈了 母亲 |
[28:12] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[28:14] | I can’t do it, Mother. | 我做不到 母亲 |
[28:15] | I can’t do what you want me to do. | 我做不到你要我做的事 |
[28:25] | Claire… | 克莱尔 |
[28:28] | it’d help you win… | 你母亲去世 |
[28:33] | having your mother gone. | 会帮你赢的 |
[28:41] | Do this for me. | 为我做这件事 |
[28:44] | And let me be a help to you. | 让我终于能 |
[28:48] | Finally. | 帮到你 |
[29:08] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[29:13] | She wants you to be there. | 她想要你在场 |
[29:19] | What do you want? | 你想要什么呢 |
[29:25] | I want you to be there, too. | 我也想要你在场 |
[29:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:28] | I told her because you put me in an impossible situation. | 我告诉她是因为你让我别无选择 |
[32:31] | There’s nothing on her, but you wouldn’t listen. | 她没有把柄 但你就是不听 |
[32:34] | And you must not have listened when you came over to my house. | 那你来我家的时候肯定也没听进去 |
[32:37] | I was very clear. | 我说得很清楚 |
[32:40] | So… you’re gonna throw me on the ground again? | 那么 你又要把我丢到地上吗 |
[32:44] | Look, here’s a glass. Let’s go ahead. | 看 这里有杯子 来吧 |
[32:48] | You wanna fire me? | 你要把我炒掉吗 |
[32:51] | Fine. It’s another resignation. | 好啊 不就是又有人辞职吗 |
[32:53] | After Remy, after Brockhart. | 继雷米 布洛哈特之后 |
[32:56] | With Durant, with Dunbar. | 杜兰特和邓巴还虎视眈眈 |
[32:57] | You know, I spin stories for a living. | 我是靠编故事谋生的 |
[32:59] | I can’t begin to tell you how to spin this. | 我都形容不出这故事有多好拿来做文章 |
[33:04] | You know, the minibar wasn’t open because you wanted a Diet Coke. | 你开小冰箱可不是为了拿健怡可乐 |
[33:09] | I’m worried about you, Doug. | 我担心你 道格 |
[33:10] | Nobody needs to worry about me. | 我不需要人担心 |
[33:12] | Yeah, somebody does… | 你需要有人担心你 |
[33:14] | because this scorched-earth policy is bad for us. | 因为这个焦土政策对我们很不好 |
[33:17] | I don’t give a rat’s ass about LeAnn Harvey. We need her. | 我才不在乎莉安·哈维 我们需要她 |
[33:22] | And you need me. And we both need you. | 而你需要我 但我们都需要你 |
[33:25] | – At your best. – I’m fine. | -处在最佳状态 -我很好 |
[33:27] | Are you? Instead of having me do damage control, | 是吗 你不让我控制损失 |
[33:30] | you’re having me do damage to one of our own. | 反而让我伤害自己人 |
[33:32] | I am trying to protect the president. | 我是在保护总统 |
[33:34] | And I’m trying to protect you… | 而我是在保护你 |
[33:36] | from yourself. | 免受自己的伤害 |
[33:39] | You’re so full of shit. You don’t care about me. | 你别瞎说了 你才不在乎我 |
[33:43] | After what you did, I should hate you. | 你干了那种事 我本该恨你 |
[33:48] | But where does it get us? | 但那样能给我们带来什么呢 |
[34:01] | Check out the Telegraph. | 看一下《电讯报》吧 |
[34:04] | The strategy is working… | 策略起效了 |
[34:07] | if you let it. | 如果你肯的话 |
[34:09] | Or make me resign. Your call. | 或者逼我辞职 你决定 |
[35:33] | 谢谢 您的5000美元捐款已收到 | |
[35:49] | – Are you okay? – It’s what she wanted. | -你还好吗 -那是她想要的 |
[35:52] | I was asking you. | 我在问你 |
[35:54] | Schedule the vote for tomorrow. | 把投票安排到明天 |
[35:55] | I’ll fly back to speak just before. | 我会飞回去在投票前讲话 |
[35:58] | Claire, your mother just passed. | 克莱尔 你母亲刚刚去世了 |
[35:59] | Schedule it, Francis. | 安排一下 弗兰西斯 |
[36:01] | Tom wrote a speech. It’s good. | 汤姆写了一篇讲稿 很不错 |
[36:05] | – Cathy’s not on board yet. – Then get her on board. | -凯茜还没同意 -那就逼她同意 |
[36:09] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:11] | – I didn’t mean to– – No, no, it’s all right. | -我不是… -不不 没关系 |
[36:13] | I’ll get it done. | 我会搞定的 |
[36:14] | Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 谢谢 明天见 |
[36:17] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[36:20] | Ask Secretary Durant to meet me in the Oval. | 让杜兰特国务卿去总统办公室见我 |
[36:22] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[36:29] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[36:33] | Coffee table. | 在咖啡桌上 |
[36:39] | The funny thing is I didn’t even have to ask him to do it. | 有趣的是我都没让他这么做 |
[36:41] | He did it on his own. | 他自己做的 |
[36:44] | I especially like where he says, | 我尤其喜欢他说 |
[36:45] | “Catherine Durant is functional. | “凯瑟琳·杜兰特堪用 |
[36:48] | Claire Underwood is formidable.” | 克莱尔·安德伍德强大” |
[36:56] | So, you see, you don’t even have time on your side. It’s on ours. | 你看 时间没有站在你那边 而在我们这边 |
[37:00] | By tomorrow morning, there’ll be a dozen articles just like that. | 到明天早上 会有十几篇类似报道 |
[37:03] | So you have a choice. | 所以你可以做选择 |
[37:04] | You can redeem yourself as Secretary of State | 你可以选择在接下来四年中继续当国务卿 |
[37:07] | over the next four years, | 重树形象 |
[37:08] | or go down in history as a fluke, who bungled the Middle East | 或选择被世人铭记为 在中东办砸了事 |
[37:12] | and couldn’t even close the deal in Brandenburg. | 在勃兰登堡谈不拢协议的没用货 |
[37:15] | You have your version. I have mine. | 你有你的版本 我也有我的 |
[37:18] | I’m sure mine will get just as much traction as this. | 我相信我的版本会跟这个一样引人注目 |
[37:20] | But my version wins because it’s the better story… | 但是我的版本会赢 因为这个报道更有意思 |
[37:24] | and it’s also exactly how things went down. | 并且事情也确实如此 |
[37:27] | You see, you don’t even have the truth going for you. | 你看连真相都不向着你 |
[37:31] | I’m not scared of you. | 我不怕你 |
[37:35] | My endorsement of Dunbar, that makes for an even better story. | 我背书邓巴 会是一篇更好的报道 |
[37:42] | But you wanna know what the best story is? | 但你知道最棒的报道是什么吗 |
[37:48] | Claire’s mother just died. | 克莱尔的母亲刚去世了 |
[37:52] | – I’m sorry to hear that. – Oh, I don’t think you really are, | -我很遗憾 -我想你不是真心的 |
[37:55] | but that doesn’t matter because the rest of the world will. | 不过没关系 反正全世界除了你都会难过 |
[37:58] | And by the time she gives her speech tomorrow night, | 等她明晚做完讲话 |
[38:01] | there won’t be a dry eye in Atlanta | 亚特兰大乃至全国的观众 |
[38:03] | or across the rest of the country. | 都会为之动容落泪 |
[38:06] | So, you get to keep your job, Cathy, | 你可以保住你的工作 凯茜 |
[38:10] | in return for your delegates. | 只要以你代表的票为交换 |
[38:12] | That offer is still on the table. | 这个提议依然有效 |
[38:14] | I have been loyal. I got you that table. | 我一直很忠诚 我帮你得到了这个位置 |
[38:18] | Do you wanna keep it, or do you wanna give it to Conway? | 你想继续守住 还是想拱手让给康威 |
[38:29] | You know, when I was waiting for my transplant, | 我在等移植手术的时候 |
[38:32] | I had the most vivid hallucinations. You wouldn’t believe ’em. | 我产生了特别逼真的幻觉 你都不会相信 |
[38:36] | Do you know who I saw? | 你知道我看到谁了吗 |
[38:39] | Peter Russo and Zoe Barnes, right here in this room. | 彼得·罗素和佐伊·巴恩斯 就在这个办公室里 |
[38:43] | Zoe was trying to seduce me, right here on this couch, | 佐伊就在这张沙发上引诱我 |
[38:46] | and Peter, he shoved my face up against this glass. | 而彼得把我的脸按在这块玻璃上 |
[38:52] | Cigarettes and razor blades and sex. | 香烟 剃须刀片和性爱 |
[38:56] | It was terrifying. | 很可怕 |
[38:59] | All I wanted to do was get out of this room | 我只想逃出这间 |
[39:01] | that I worked so hard to get in. | 我费劲千辛万苦才进来的房间 |
[39:05] | But of course, it makes sense that they would’ve haunted me | 但它们阴魂不散是有道理的 |
[39:07] | because it’s all true. | 因为全都是真的 |
[39:11] | – What is? – Everything Lucas Goodwin claimed. | -什么是真的 -卢卡斯·古德温所说的一切 |
[39:14] | I killed them both, just like he said I did. | 我杀了他们两个 就像他说的那样 |
[39:19] | But of course, nobody believes it, and nobody ever will. | 但当然没人会相信 永远不会有人相信 |
[39:24] | Because that’s how good we are… | 因为我们就是那么擅长 |
[39:27] | at making things… | 让东西 |
[39:31] | disappear. | 消失 |
[39:42] | No, we didn’t kill anybody. | 不 我们没杀过人 |
[39:49] | But we would have… | 但如果需要 |
[39:52] | if it was necessary. | 我们会的 |
[39:55] | So, you’re right, the time for negotiations is over. | 你说得对 谈判该结束了 |
[39:58] | You will hand over your delegates, | 你要交出你的代表 |
[40:00] | and you will serve on in my cabinet. | 继续在我的内阁任职 |
[40:02] | And we will forget that any of this ever happened. | 我们忘掉发生过的这一切 |
[40:07] | Because if you don’t… | 因为如果你不照做 |
[40:13] | I swear to God… | 我向上帝发誓 |
[40:16] | I will never… | 我永远 |
[40:19] | ever forget. | 都不会忘记 |
[40:27] | Do you understand now? | 现在你明白了吗 |
[40:36] | Yes. | 明白 |
[40:53] | Good. | 好 |
[40:54] | Now, let’s go decide what we’re gonna do about these terrorists. | 我们去决定要怎么对付恐怖分子吧 |
[41:41] | Want me to call someone? Make arrangements? | 需要我给谁打电话吗 做些安排 |
[42:58] | We made the sun rise. | 我们让太阳升起来了 |
[43:02] | She told you that, too? | 这她也告诉你了 |
[43:36] | We should get going. | 我们该动身了 |
[44:58] | Me and Hannah want to extend our warmest condolences | 我和汉娜想向第一夫人和总统 |
[45:00] | to the First Lady and the President. | 致以最诚挚的哀悼 |
[45:03] | They and all of Elizabeth Hale’s loved ones are in our prayers. | 我们为他们和伊丽莎白·黑尔的亲人们祈祷 |
[45:08] | And we won’t be campaigning today out of respect for their loss. | 出于对离世之人的尊敬 今天我们不竞选 |
[45:11] | God bless President and Mrs. Underwood. | 愿上帝保佑总统夫妇 |
[45:14] | Got it. | 好了 |
[45:16] | Put it out. | 发布吧 |
[45:18] | Perfect timing… for her to drop dead. | 她倒毙的时机掐得真好 |
[45:21] | We were on a roll, too. | 我们本来正顺风顺水呢 |
[45:43] | I should prep for the speech. | 我该准备讲话了 |
[45:44] | I have a room set up for you. I’ll be right in. | 我为你准备好了房间 我马上就过去 |
[45:47] | Right this way, Mrs. Underwood. | 这边请 安德伍德夫人 |
[45:53] | I read the draft. | 我读过草稿了 |
[45:56] | And? | 怎么样 |
[45:57] | – I wouldn’t change a thing. – I’m glad you’re pleased. | -一个字都不用改 -我很高兴你满意 |
[46:01] | I’m glad you were with her. | 我很高兴你陪着她 |
[46:03] | She’s strong. You’re a lucky man. | 她很坚强 你很幸运 |
[46:07] | Don’t I know it. | 完全同意 |
[46:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honor to introduce | 女士们先生们 我很荣幸为大家介绍 |
[46:18] | Secretary of State Catherine Durant. | 国务卿凯瑟琳·杜兰特 |
[46:38] | Thank you, thank you very much. | 谢谢 非常感谢大家 |
[46:42] | I know that all of you join me | 我知道大家和我一样 |
[46:44] | in offering our sincere condolences to the First Lady for her loss. | 都对第一夫人亲人的离世表示诚挚慰唁 |
[46:53] | Tonight, I want to offer my sincere gratitude | 今晚 我想向在代表大会上 |
[46:59] | to all the delegates who have honored me with their support | 支持我的各位代表 |
[47:03] | during the course of this convention. | 致以我最真挚的感谢 |
[47:05] | Thank you so much. | 我非常感谢你们 |
[47:14] | However, after much deliberation… | 然而 经过深思熟虑 |
[47:19] | I have decided that I have more to offer you as Secretary of State | 我决定 与辞职参加选举相比 作为国务卿 |
[47:25] | than to resign and run for office. | 我能更好地为大家服务 |
[47:31] | But I want to encourage every one of you who has supported me | 但我希望支持我的各位 |
[47:35] | to join me in supporting this extraordinary woman, | 和我一起支持这位非凡的女性 |
[47:40] | the First Lady of the United States, Claire Hale Underwood. | 美国第一夫人 克莱尔·黑尔·安德伍德 |
[48:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:15] | And good evening. | 晚上好 |
[48:17] | As all of you know, my mother, | 正如大家所知 我母亲 |
[48:20] | Elizabeth Constance Hale, | 伊丽莎白·康斯坦斯·黑尔 |
[48:22] | passed away last night after a long illness. | 久病后于昨晚去世 |
[48:29] | She was a strong woman… | 她是个坚强的女人… |
[48:31] | a fierce Texan… | 一个生猛的德州人 |
[48:37] | We had… a difficult relationship from childhood onwards. | 从小…我和她关系就不好 |
[48:46] | At times, there were long periods of estrangement. | 我们曾有过很长时间的疏离 |
[48:50] | We hurt each other… often and deeply. | 我们经常深深地伤害对方 |
[48:56] | If there was one good thing that came from my mother’s illness… | 如果说母亲的病带来了什么好事 那就是 |
[49:02] | it gave us a chance to reconnect, to mend old wounds. | 让我们有机会重新开始往来 抚平旧伤 |
[49:08] | And that’s not an opportunity | 人们并不是都能 |
[49:09] | people always get before a parent dies, | 在父母离世前有这样的机会 |
[49:12] | and I’m grateful to have had that. | 我很感激有这样的机会 |
[49:17] | And what am I doing here? | 那我在这里做什么呢 |
[49:24] | I’m here because my mother wanted me to be. | 我站在这里 是因为这是我母亲所希望的 |
[49:30] | Yesterday, before she passed, she said to me, | 昨天在她去世之前 她对我说 |
[49:32] | “Claire… do this. | “克莱尔…去做吧 |
[49:35] | If the people want it, listen to them. | 如果这是人们希望的 听他们的 |
[49:40] | And if you lose, then you lose. | 如果失败了 那就是失败了 |
[49:43] | But if you win… | 但是如果你赢了… |
[49:48] | be honored, be humbled, | 要感到荣幸 保持谦逊 |
[49:51] | and win this election with Francis!” | 和弗兰西斯一起赢得选举” |
[50:03] | And I told her, I said, “The Conways are tough opponents.” | 我告诉她 康威夫妇是非常厉害的对手 |
[50:05] | And she said, “They may be tough, but they’re not Texas tough.” | 她说也许是吧 但也不比德州人 |
[50:13] | Loss is a sobering phenomenon. | 失去让我们深思 |
[50:17] | Several months ago, I almost lost my husband. | 几个月前 我差点失去了我丈夫 |
[50:20] | Our nation almost lost a President. | 我们的国家差点失去了总统 |
[50:25] | Loss makes us reevaluate what we hold dear. | 失去让我们重新审视我们珍惜的一切 |
[50:30] | And I’ll tell you, there were… | 我还要告诉你们… |
[50:33] | times in the not too distant past, | 就在不久之前 |
[50:35] | where Francis and I, we… almost lost our marriage. | 弗兰西斯和我…差点失去我们的婚姻 |
[50:42] | Hard times when we thought we wouldn’t make it. | 我们遇到了困难 还以为坚持不下去了 |
[50:46] | And like many of you know, | 正如很多人所知 |
[50:47] | marriage isn’t always the smoothest road. | 婚姻并非总是一帆风顺 |
[50:51] | And it took the actions of a deranged young man | 是一个精神错乱的年轻人 |
[50:54] | to remind me how important Francis is to me. | 让我记起弗兰西斯对我有多重要 |
[51:00] | And now, with my mother gone… | 现在 我母亲去世了… |
[51:06] | he’s the only family I have left. | 他就是我唯一的亲人了 |
[51:10] | I trust Francis Underwood with my life, | 我愿把我的人生 我们的国家和未来 |
[51:15] | with our nation, with our future. | 托付给弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[51:19] | I hope you will, too. | 我希望你们也能信任他 |
[51:26] | And if you trust the both of us, I’ll heed my mother’s words, | 如果你们信任我们 我会谨遵母亲的话 |
[51:30] | and I’ll be honored if you nominate me as his running mate. | 如被提名为他的竞选搭档 我将深感荣幸 |
[51:45] | Claire! Claire! Claire! | 克莱尔 克莱尔 克莱尔 |
[51:56] | Jesus! You did great work. | 天呐 你真厉害 |
[52:10] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们… |
[52:16] | Madam Secretary, as Convention Chair, | 秘书长女士 作为党代会主席 |
[52:20] | I move that we make the nomination | 我提议通过口头表决 对提名 |
[52:21] | of Claire Underwood for Vice President… | 克莱尔·安德伍德竞选副总统 |
[52:24] | and Francis Underwood for President by acclamation. | 弗兰西斯·安德伍德竞选总统做出表决 |
[52:41] | Do I hear a second to vote by acclamation | 对总统和副总统的提名 |
[52:46] | for the nomination of the President and the Vice President? | 进行口头表决 是否有人附议 |
[52:49] | – Hear, hear! – So moved. | -说得好 -提议通过 |
[52:52] | All of those in favor of the nomination | 赞成提名 |
[52:56] | of Francis Underwood for | 弗兰斯西·安德伍德 |
[52:58] | President of the United States, say “Aye.” | 竞选美国总统的说赞成 |
[53:01] | – Aye! – All those against. | -赞成 -反对提名的 |
[53:04] | Nay! | 反对 |
[53:05] | All those in favor of the nomination of Claire Underwood | 赞成提名克莱尔·安德伍德 |
[53:10] | for our Vice President of the United States, say “Aye.” | 竞选美国副总统的说赞成 |
[53:14] | Aye! | 赞成 |
[53:16] | – Against? – Nay! | -反对提名的 -反对 |
[53:18] | The Ayes have it! | 赞成者占多数 |
[53:26] | Our party’s ticket for the 2016 Presidential Election | 本党决定2016年总统选举候选人 |
[53:32] | will be Francis and Claire Underwood! | 为弗兰西斯和克莱尔·安德伍德 |