时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | The president would like to be a friend to you, | 总统想当你的朋友 |
[00:06] | but you’re making it very difficult. | 但你让他很难做 |
[00:08] | I want to be there when Francis Underwood says to me | 我就想看弗兰西斯·安德伍德当着我的面 |
[00:10] | that there will be an increase in Medicare. | 宣布提高医保水平 |
[00:12] | He does that, I’m his friend. | 只要他一句话 我就是他铁哥们 |
[00:13] | That is why I am committed to fixing Medicare | 所以我要致力于改善医保政策 |
[00:17] | before I devote one more dime to the program. | 取得成效前 我不会增加一毛钱预算 |
[00:21] | He’s going after the people who got us here. | 他想找帮我们获胜的人的麻烦 |
[00:23] | I’m encouraging the Republicans | 我要煽动共和党人 |
[00:24] | to restart the Declaration of War Committee, | 重启宣战委员会 |
[00:26] | to investigate the president. | 调查总统 |
[00:28] | Romero’s trying to change the guard, Doug. | 罗梅洛想换护卫 道格 |
[00:29] | And we are the guard. | 而我们就是护卫 |
[00:31] | – Doug. – Madam Secretary. | -道格 -部长女士 |
[00:33] | He was number three yesterday. | 他昨天是第三位 |
[00:35] | This man, Anthony Moretti, he’s just hours away from dying. | 这个安东尼·莫雷蒂再过几小时就要死了 |
[00:39] | Then let him die. | 那就让他死 |
[00:40] | I am sitting right here talking to you. | 我正坐在这里跟你说话 |
[00:42] | Not Remy Danton or Jackie Sharp. | 不是雷米·丹顿或杰姬·夏普 |
[00:44] | Claire knows. | 克莱尔知道了 |
[00:45] | Walker went on record. | 沃克公开声明了 |
[00:47] | Told him I was the one who whipped the votes for impeachment. | 告诉他是我发动本党议员弹劾他 |
[00:49] | You and I go on the record, he’s done. | 只要我们站出来 他就完了 |
[00:51] | There’s no way subpoenas get them | 不可能在大选之前 |
[00:52] | in front of the committee before the election. | 传召他们去委员会作证了 |
[00:54] | There’s a rumor the committee’s | 有传言说委员会 |
[00:55] | trying to make a deal with Garrett Walker. | 想和加勒特·沃克做交易 |
[00:57] | The truth is coming out. | 真相要曝光了 |
[00:59] | Be part of the truth. | 一起来揭露吧 |
[02:46] | The dead sleep with their eyes open, my grandfather would say. | 我爷爷说 死人不瞑目 |
[02:50] | They’re watching you from the past… | 他们从过去注视着你 |
[02:53] | Jackie Sharp. | 杰姬·夏普 |
[02:55] | Romero wasted no time. | 罗梅洛一刻都没浪费 |
[02:56] | What good are you? | 你有什么用 |
[02:57] | You Democrats are full of surprises. | 你们民主党人真是惊喜不断 |
[03:00] | Her lawyers won’t let us get anywhere near her. | 她的律师不让我们靠近她 |
[03:01] | Because they’re negotiating her testimony. | 因为他们在商量她的证词 |
[03:03] | How the hell did we get here? | 我们到底是怎么到这一步的 |
[03:05] | Romero was privy to information. Someone from within the party. | 罗梅洛知道消息 党内有人给他通风报信 |
[03:09] | He’s threatening to go after her for whipping votes | 他威胁要追究她拉票 |
[03:11] | in exchange for campaign funds from a Mr. Remy Danton, | 来换取雷米·丹顿先生的竞选经费一事 |
[03:14] | who, shockingly, she was sleeping with. | 令人”震惊”的是她和雷米上过床 |
[03:17] | Well, she’s not testifying because of an affair. | 她不会因为一段婚外情就作证 |
[03:19] | She’s testifying ’cause she doesn’t want to go to jail. | 她作证是因为她不想进监狱 |
[03:21] | Which is the only reason anyone testifies. | 任何人出庭作证都只因为这个 |
[03:24] | Doug, keep at the rest of the Democrats on that committee. | 道格 盯住委员会里剩下的民主党人 |
[03:26] | Make sure they stay in line. | 确保他们守规矩 |
[03:27] | I’ll keep working my side of the aisle, but… uh, Romero. | 我会在我党这边发力 但 罗梅洛 |
[03:31] | He’s a prick. | 他是个混蛋 |
[03:32] | Mmm-hmm, prick who still wants whip. | 一个依然想当党鞭的混蛋 |
[03:35] | Terry Womack has been very loyal. | 泰瑞·乌麦克一直忠心耿耿 |
[03:36] | Yeah, well, there’s loyal, and then there’s good. | 是啊 忠诚和厉害是两码事 |
[03:41] | What has Womack brought you? | 乌麦克给了你什么 |
[03:42] | Did he kill the Declaration of War Committee? | 宣战委员会是他解决的吗 |
[03:45] | Did he deliver Missouri for you in November? | 11月时他帮你拿下密苏里了吗 |
[03:47] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[03:49] | Let’s give it to him. | 满足他吧 |
[03:50] | Look, sometimes you have to make hard choices. | 有时你得做出艰难抉择 |
[03:52] | I’ll talk to Terry. | 我会跟泰瑞谈的 |
[03:54] | Romero’s gonna have to find a place for him to land, and… | 罗梅洛得给他找个地方落脚 |
[03:57] | where that is matters to me. | 落在哪我是在意的 |
[03:59] | That’ll be all for now. | 就这样吧 |
[04:02] | Yes, sir. | 好 先生 |
[04:13] | I’m gonna put Doyle on this. | 我会让道尔去查 |
[04:16] | We already vetted Romero. | 我们已经审查过罗梅洛了 |
[04:18] | No, I mean on Usher. | 不 我是说查厄舍 |
[04:22] | The body is remarkably well-preserved, | 尸体保存得非常完好 |
[04:23] | except for the extremities, which frostbite took care of. | 除了手脚 因为都冻伤了 |
[04:26] | But dental is intact. | 但牙齿是完好的 |
[04:28] | Our counterparts in Antarctica are cooperating fully, | 我们在南极的同行正在全力配合 |
[04:30] | and the body will be in our possession within the next 12 hours. | 12小时内尸体会到我们手上 |
[04:33] | I’ll have it in transit after customs. | 报关后我会派人把它运回来 |
[04:35] | We’d like the body to get lost in transit. | 我们希望尸体在运输中失踪 |
[04:38] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[04:39] | It needs to get lost. | 它必须失踪 |
[04:42] | Yes. | 好 |
[04:44] | Okay. Thank you, Assistant Director Green. | 好 谢谢 助理局长格林 |
[04:47] | Uh, keep in touch. | 我们再联系 |
[04:54] | – I thought you’d gone to bed. – Can’t yet. | -我还以为你已经睡了 -还不能睡 |
[05:01] | – Who’s that? – No one we know. | -那是谁 -我们不认识 |
[05:07] | Tom, I said it’s no one we know. | 汤姆 我说了 我们不认识 |
[05:14] | You ever hear about the 5,000-year-old man they found | 你听说过他们在意大利阿尔卑斯山发现的 |
[05:17] | frozen in the Italian Alps? | 冰冻五千年的干尸吗 |
[05:20] | No. | 没有 |
[05:23] | His skull was caved in… from the back. | 他的头骨后面被砸出了坑 |
[05:27] | He probably never saw it coming. | 他大概根本没料到 |
[05:31] | Beaten and left for dead. | 被痛打一顿 留下等死 |
[05:38] | Left for dead is an ancient concept. | 留下等死是一个古老的概念 |
[05:42] | You know, when you freeze to death… | 当人被冻死的时候 |
[05:45] | the last thing you feel is extreme heat. | 最后会感觉非常热 |
[05:49] | That hurts. | 疼 |
[05:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:56] | I saw Francis out there. | 我刚看到了弗兰西斯 |
[05:59] | He seems on edge. | 他好像很焦躁 |
[06:02] | Can you blame him? | 能怪他吗 |
[06:06] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[06:29] | Shoplifting is the worst of it. | 最重的罪是入店行窃 |
[06:32] | A couple of recent street buys that led to court-mandated rehab. | 近来几次在街上买毒品 而被法庭强制戒毒 |
[06:36] | That’s where she lives, where she works, where she scores… | 她就在那里生活 工作 买毒品 |
[06:41] | But all I see here is a woman in her 20s, trying to get to 30. | 但依我看就是个二十多的女人 努力想活到三十 |
[06:45] | – She’s a concern. – I don’t get it. | -她是个威胁 -我不懂 |
[06:48] | She was in touch with Gavin Orsay before he left for Venezuela. | 嘉文·奥尔西去委内瑞拉之前 她和他有联系 |
[06:51] | – Doug… – Nathan! | -道格 -纳森 |
[06:54] | There’s a bite to your tone that we might need to discuss. | 你的语气有点急 我们可能得讨论下 |
[06:59] | She’s a loose end and an addict. | 她是个隐患 是个瘾君子 |
[07:03] | That’s a bad combination. | 这两样合在一起很糟 |
[07:09] | It’s a clean slate. | 重新装修了 |
[07:12] | Donald Blythe’s taste was a bit too dark for me, | 唐纳德·布莱斯的品味对我来说太暗了 |
[07:14] | so I stripped it all back. | 所以我全拆掉了 |
[07:17] | I have chosen one painting so far that’s on its way, though. | 我选了一副画 还在路上 |
[07:21] | Thad Peterson’s body is taken care of. | 撒德·彼得森的尸体处理好了 |
[07:24] | His name is John Doe. | 他叫无名氏 |
[07:27] | I’d recognize him anywhere. | 他化成灰我都认识 |
[07:31] | This would’ve been very embarrassing to some interests | 这本来会伤害到我国的 |
[07:34] | that are important to this country. | 一些重要利益 |
[07:35] | And I wouldn’t want the family to see him this way. | 我也不希望他的家人看到他这样 |
[07:39] | What’s the news from the Jordanian Embassy? | 约旦大使馆有什么消息 |
[07:43] | Aidan Macallan still won’t | 艾丹·麦卡伦仍不愿 |
[07:44] | reveal what he did or didn’t tell Petrov. | 透露他跟佩特洛夫说了什么 没说什么 |
[07:48] | Well, the president wants him brought back from his asylum | 总统希望他立刻从避难地 |
[07:50] | to the United States immediately. | 回到美国 |
[07:52] | I think we should give it a little more time. | 我们应该耐心点儿 |
[07:55] | You know, I wonder if it was such a good idea to bring you in on this. | 我在想让你插手明不明智 |
[07:58] | – You promised– – I know. Ahmadi… | -你承诺了 -我知道 艾哈迈迪… |
[08:03] | We’ve got Special Forces on the ground, tracking. | 我们派了特种部队去当地追踪 |
[08:06] | Russia’s presence in Syria | 俄罗斯在叙利亚的存在 |
[08:07] | is making this more difficult than I once thought. | 让此事比我曾经想得要复杂 |
[08:10] | I need to know what Macallan told Petrov. | 我得知道麦卡伦跟佩特罗夫说了什么 |
[08:13] | It never ceases to astonish me | 男人制造烂摊子的天赋 |
[08:15] | how talented men are at making a mess. | 总能让我吃惊 |
[08:33] | Uh, it’s not gonna serve you to go after your own party. | 打击同党对你来说可没好处 |
[08:36] | You never stop. | 你从不放弃 |
[08:38] | Jackie Sharp will never testify. | 杰姬·夏普不会作证的 |
[08:41] | Well, then she’ll go to jail. | 那她就得进监狱 |
[08:43] | You can’t prove it, Alex. You can’t prove the quid pro quo. | 艾力克斯 你证明不了他们之间有交换条件 |
[08:46] | She seems to think I can. | 她好像觉得我可以 |
[08:49] | If you play it a little differently, | 如果你换种方式 |
[08:50] | you have a chance to get what you want. | 还有机会实现目标 |
[08:51] | We’re offering you whip. | 我们可以给你党鞭的位子 |
[08:54] | – I don’t want it anymore. – What? | -我不想要了 -什么 |
[08:57] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[09:01] | Ways and Means, then. | 那就财政委员会 |
[09:02] | The keynote at the next convention. | 在下次党代会上做主讲 |
[09:04] | What I want is for Francis Underwood to go to jail. | 我只想让弗兰西斯·安德伍德进监狱 |
[09:06] | My God. How is that gonna help you? | 天呐 这对你有什么好处 |
[09:09] | Really? How’s it gonna help you? | 真的 这对你有什么好处 |
[09:16] | There’s another way to go at it. | 还有别的办法做到 |
[09:19] | Wanna make a name for yourself? | 你想扬名 |
[09:21] | You wanna make the president’s life a living hell? | 你想让总统生不如死 |
[09:23] | Draw it out. | 那就慢慢来 |
[09:25] | Keep the committee going but at a slow burn. | 让委员会继续 但要温水煮青蛙 |
[09:27] | Aren’t you working for him? | 你不是为他工作吗 |
[09:29] | Members of the administration, you bring ’em in one at a time. | 政府成员 一次找一个人 |
[09:32] | You could ride this for a couple of years and secure your place. | 你可以纠缠几年 一边稳住自己的地位 |
[09:35] | While you keep the president in check. | 而你压制住总统 |
[09:38] | Don’t end it before it’s begun by calling Jackie Sharp. | 别传唤杰姬·夏普 否则计划会胎死腹中 |
[09:41] | You know I see good things for you. | 你知道我看好你 |
[09:42] | Let me plan out your next eight years. | 让我为你规划接下来的八年 |
[09:46] | The candidates you worked with… | 与你合作的候选人 |
[09:50] | how many of them have waited and waited | 他们中有多少人反复等待 |
[09:53] | and lost their moment? | 误了时机 |
[09:56] | Yeah, that’s right. | 嗯 没错 |
[09:59] | I’m reading the moment, and this is mine. | 我分析当下时局 现在属于我 |
[10:02] | Let me out on Third Street. | 让我在第三街下车 |
[10:04] | I’ll drop you at Rayburn. | 我送你到雷伯恩大楼 |
[10:05] | No, I always walk the final 50 yards. | 不 我总是走最后46米 |
[10:07] | Never know when you might get a chance to press some flesh. | 可能有机会做政治交际 |
[10:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:11] | Hi, I’m Alex Romero. | 你好 我是艾力克斯·罗梅洛 |
[10:13] | I represent the Seventh District of Arizona. | 我代表亚利桑那州第七区 |
[10:16] | I want to know what keeps you up at night, | 我想知道你昨晚失眠的原因 |
[10:17] | so I can work all day to address it. | 我今天好解决这一问题 |
[10:19] | The future belongs to all of us. | 未来属于我们所有人 |
[10:21] | I hope I can count on your support. | 但愿我能得到你的支持 |
[10:25] | What do you think, Mark? | 你觉得怎么样 马克 |
[10:27] | I mean, you’re the expert. | 你可是专家 |
[10:31] | Right here. | 就这儿 |
[10:34] | Romero said no, and the usual offers don’t interest him. | 罗梅洛拒绝了 一般的条件他也不感兴趣 |
[10:36] | Oh, he’s interested. He just hates himself for it. | 他感兴趣 你只是恨自己感兴趣 |
[10:38] | I am making headway with the Republicans on the committee. | 关于委员会的共和党人 我有了进展 |
[10:41] | They all have pasts, most of them have witnesses. | 他们都有不可告人的过去 大多有目击证人 |
[10:44] | One way or another, Jackie Sharp won’t be testifying. | 无论如何 杰姬·夏普不会作证 |
[10:47] | So why are you having so much trouble | 那你为什么这么难搞定 |
[10:48] | with this one young congressman? | 这位年轻议员 |
[10:50] | He’s tenacious. | 他很固执 |
[10:53] | He reminds me of you. | 他让我想起了你 |
[10:54] | Well, I don’t see that at all. We’ll talk later. | 我根本看不出来 我们再联系 |
[10:59] | I could reach out to Danton– | 我可以联系丹顿 |
[11:00] | We expose him, he’ll expose us. | 我们曝光他 他就会曝光我们 |
[11:02] | Well, then what do you suggest? | 那你有什么建议 |
[11:04] | That I go on being presidential. | 继续做总统该做的事 |
[11:06] | That’s the only way that I can deal with this. | 我只有这一个办法 |
[11:08] | It’s my first 100 days, for God’s sake. | 我的就职头百天啊 |
[11:12] | Francis… | 弗兰西斯 |
[11:14] | we’re going to get our hands on Ahmadi. | 我们会捉住艾哈迈迪的 |
[11:16] | There aren’t enough Ahmadis in the world. | 世界上再多的艾哈迈迪 |
[11:18] | Not for all we’ve done. | 也抵不掉我们做的那些事 |
[11:20] | Then what? | 那怎么办 |
[11:22] | Destroy Romero, for one. Can we at least take care of that? | 比如毁了罗梅洛 这件事总能办到吧 |
[11:26] | And then who? The rest of the Democratic Party? | 然后毁谁 整个民主党吗 |
[11:28] | I know what I’m doing, Claire. I’ve been president before. | 我知道我在做什么 克莱尔 我当过总统 |
[11:31] | So have I. | 我也当过 |
[11:33] | Get me Terry Womack. | 给我接泰瑞·乌麦克 |
[11:36] | Your job as vice president is to advise. | 你作为副总统的职责是给我建议 |
[11:39] | My job is to make the decisions. | 做决定是我的职责 |
[11:43] | Terry, yes, I’m just checking in. | 泰瑞 没错 我就是问问情况 |
[11:50] | Well, I want you to know that we support you. | 我希望你知道我们都支持你 |
[11:52] | That bastard asked for whip, but that’s never gonna happen. | 那混蛋还想当党鞭 做梦去吧 |
[11:55] | Not while I’m in this office. I wanted to assure you. | 只要我在台上就别想 我把话给你撂这儿 |
[11:58] | I’ve always tried to help where I can. | 我一向在能出力的地方帮忙 |
[12:00] | And you couldn’t help at Health and Human Services? | 你在卫生和人类服务部帮不上忙吗 |
[12:04] | The agency does some amazing work. | 我们这里做了很多了不起的事 |
[12:07] | Well, you were quoted as, uh, calling your position a dream job. | 你接受采访时曾说那是你梦寐以求的工作 |
[12:11] | It’s possible to have more than one dream. | 人是可以有多个梦想的 |
[12:14] | I can have my assistant give you a tour. | 我可以让助手带你逛逛 |
[12:17] | Uh, show you some of the video from Haiti | 给你看看海地发来的视频 |
[12:19] | and some of the work that we’ve been doing there | 拍的是过去几个月 我们在那边的 |
[12:22] | over the last several months. | 工作和成绩 |
[12:25] | I will be sure to include | 我一定会把 |
[12:26] | your organization in the piece I’m writing. | 你们组织写进我的报道 |
[12:28] | – I believe in the work you’re doing here. – Thank you. | -我相信你们的事业 -谢谢 |
[12:31] | What was it like, uh, working with the Underwood administration? | 和安德伍德政府合作 感觉怎么样 |
[12:35] | They were fine. Let’s leave it at that. | 他们还行 且这么说吧 |
[12:40] | You know, I’ve met with, uh, many wonderful organizations so far. | 我采访过许多非常棒的组织 |
[12:43] | – The Virginia Children’s Defense Fund. – They do some great work. | -弗州儿童守卫基金 -他们的工作很棒 |
[12:48] | The Talbot League? | 塔伯特联盟 |
[12:50] | Another terrific group. | 这个组织也很棒 |
[12:53] | The Anthony Moretti Memorial Fund. | 还有安东尼·莫雷蒂纪念基金 |
[12:58] | I don’t know anything about them. | 他们我倒没什么了解 |
[13:02] | Organ transplantation awareness. | 他们是器官移植宣传组织 |
[13:04] | Oh, is that right? | 是吗 |
[13:14] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[13:17] | It’s rude, but I was famished. | 太失礼了 但我又太饿了 |
[13:19] | Thank you for meeting me. Let me get you a menu. | 谢谢你肯来见我 我给你拿菜单 |
[13:22] | Uh, no, thank you. I have a lunch right after this. | 谢谢不用了 我随后还有午餐会 |
[13:26] | Good. You should always have one on the books. | 那就好 一定要有个吃午饭的地方 |
[13:36] | – Miss Davis? – You’re worried about Aidan. | -戴维斯女士 -你担心艾丹 |
[13:39] | Do you call him anything for short? | 你称呼他有什么昵称吗 |
[13:43] | Why would you ask me that? | 为什么问我这个 |
[13:46] | I don’t know if the president, or vice president, | 我不知道总统或者副总统 |
[13:48] | has informed you, but Mac is fine. | 告没告诉你 但麦卡挺好的 |
[13:50] | It’s what he knows is the problem, | 问题在于他知道什么 |
[13:52] | and who he may have told it to. | 他都跟谁说过 |
[13:55] | He wants to stay alive. | 他只想活下去 |
[13:59] | Yes. | 没错 |
[14:01] | But those are the ones you have to watch out for. | 但这种人才得小心 |
[14:06] | Last I spoke to Aidan was minutes before he got in a cab. | 我上次和艾丹说完话他就上了出租车 |
[14:10] | I don’t know what he has or what he’s done. | 我不知道他有什么 也不知道他做了什么 |
[14:12] | I only do what I’m told. | 我只是奉命行事 |
[14:16] | I’m in the Hoover Building. | 我就在胡佛大楼上班 |
[14:18] | It’s the ugliest building in… in the city. | 那真是全城最丑的一栋楼 |
[14:20] | I close my eyes as I walk in. | 我每次进去都闭着眼 |
[14:24] | Stop by any time. Especially if you’re in the mood to talk. | 有空来坐坐 尤其是你想找人谈谈的时候 |
[14:27] | We could use someone who says as little as you do. | 像你这样口风紧的人 我们用得上 |
[15:38] | Lisa! | 丽萨 |
[15:47] | – I’ve been looking for her. – I have no idea where she is. | -我一直在找她 -我不知道她在哪 |
[15:51] | – Let me help you with that. – No. No, I’m okay. | -我帮你拿吧 -不用了 |
[15:55] | – I’m happy to carry it for you. – You’re scaring me. | -我很乐意帮你拿 -你吓到我了 |
[16:00] | I’m just worried about her. That’s all. | 我只是担心她而已 |
[16:03] | I’m clean. | 我戒了 |
[16:06] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:07] | At least I’m trying to get clean. Please leave me alone. | 至少我努力在戒 求你别缠着我了 |
[16:19] | Just… | 就是 |
[16:22] | If you hear from Rachel, just, uh… | 如果你有瑞秋的消息 请你 |
[16:25] | tell her I’ve taken care of everything. | 告诉她我全都打点好了 |
[16:29] | She can come home and everything will be fine. | 她可以回来了 不会有事的 |
[16:38] | I miss her, you know? | 我想她 你知道吗 |
[16:47] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:20] | You going to answer that? | 你不接吗 |
[17:21] | So, was I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[17:23] | Your phone is ringing. | 你的电话响了 |
[17:34] | You know, you can just hang it up by pressing the button on the side. | 你按边上的按钮就可以直接挂断 |
[17:36] | – You don’t have to decline– – I’m a creature of habit. | -你不用拒接 -我习惯了 |
[17:41] | So, yeah, you were right. | 是的 你是对的 |
[17:43] | This phone has only been used once to call one number, once. | 这部电话只用过一次 拨打了一个号码 |
[17:47] | I mean, I used the manufacturer’s serial number | 我用了生产序列号 |
[17:50] | and tracked down where it’s distributed to. | 追踪到了它的经销商所在地 |
[17:51] | It was a, um… A shop in Dupont Circle. | 是在 杜邦环岛的一家商店 |
[17:54] | And who did it call? | 打给了谁 |
[17:56] | Comes up unknown. | 查无此人 |
[17:58] | But the prefix… | 不过前几位数字 |
[18:00] | And, look, you’re gonna have to talk to the police or the FBI. | 听着 你得找警察或联调局谈 |
[18:02] | – I just can’t keep– – Don’t worry. It’s on me. | -我不能一直 -别担心 我担着 |
[18:05] | The prefix on the call, it looks like a government number to me. | 那个号码的前几位 我看着像政府号码 |
[18:12] | Hello. | 喂 |
[18:16] | He followed you? When? | 他跟踪你了 什么时候 |
[18:19] | – I’ve got to… – Yeah. | -我得去 -好的 |
[18:22] | Okay. Okay, if you feel safe where you are, | 好的 如果你觉得现在待的地方安全 |
[18:24] | stay there. I’m coming to you. | 那就待着 我来找你 |
[18:32] | So what couldn’t you tell me over the phone? | 有什么不能在电话上告诉我的 |
[18:35] | Jackie Sharp. | 杰姬·夏普 |
[18:37] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[18:40] | You really don’t know? | 你真不知道吗 |
[18:42] | I thought this was coming out of the White House. | 我还以为这事是白宫传出来的 |
[18:46] | The story’s about to break | 马上要爆出来了 |
[18:47] | that she traded legislation for campaign funds. | 说她拿立法换取竞选资金 |
[18:50] | The source? | 消息来源呢 |
[18:52] | So, unconfirmed. | 所以是未经确认的 |
[18:55] | It’s going to be on Drudge within the hour. | 一小时内就会上《德拉吉报道》了 |
[18:59] | You really don’t have anything to say? | 你真没什么要说的吗 |
[19:02] | If it’s true, it’s just sad to see the unexpected fall | 如果是真的 很遗憾看到民主党 |
[19:05] | of a once rising star in the Democratic Party. | 一颗曾经的新星这样出人意料地陨落 |
[19:06] | Stop it. | 得了吧 |
[19:09] | Sharp would’ve been a get for the committee. | 夏普本能让委员会拿下一分 |
[19:13] | If you’re still willing to appear, we’re still willing to talk. | 如果你仍愿意作证 我们就仍愿意谈 |
[19:21] | See ya. | 回见 |
[19:31] | This is not how we do things in this administration. | 我们这个政府不是这么办事的 |
[19:34] | You wanted her not to testify. | 你希望她不作证 |
[19:36] | And there’s no way Romero can force her to now. | 现在罗梅洛不可能逼她就范了 |
[19:40] | You’ve put my press secretary | 你让我的新闻发言人 |
[19:42] | and his staff in a very difficult situation. | 和他的人处于了非常尴尬的境地 |
[19:44] | It was a leak, and it didn’t come from you. | 有人泄密 并不是你 |
[19:47] | I really felt this was the way to get ahead of it. | 我真心觉得这样才能占得先机 |
[19:49] | This is getting ahead of it? | 这叫占得先机 |
[19:50] | I guarantee you her lawyers | 我向你们保证 她的律师 |
[19:51] | tell her to plead the Fifth now, across the board. | 现在一定让她保持沉默 缄口不谈 |
[19:53] | Most importantly, where it concerns you. | 最重要的是 对涉及你们的事闭嘴 |
[19:55] | But all of this happened while I was negotiating with Petrov. | 但这都是在我跟佩特罗夫谈判时发生的 |
[19:57] | Oh, to the public, you were the First Lady, | 对大众而言 你当时是第一夫人 |
[19:59] | sitting vigil by your husband’s bed. | 正不眠不休地守在丈夫的床边 |
[20:01] | So, actually, all of this happened under Donald Blythe’s watch. | 所以这都是在唐纳德·布莱斯的监管下发生的 |
[20:06] | I’m sorry if you think I overstepped. | 如果你们觉得我越界了 很抱歉 |
[20:09] | I was trying to protect you. | 我是想保护你们 |
[20:19] | He did the right thing. | 他做了正确的事 |
[20:21] | Oh, I don’t mind what he did. | 我不介意他做了什么 |
[20:23] | I mind the way he did it. | 我介意的是他做事的方式 |
[20:26] | – LeAnn… – Madam Vice President. | -莉安 -副总统女士 |
[20:28] | I’m sorry my schedule is so full. | 抱歉 我的行程太满了 |
[20:30] | No, I completely understand, | 没关系 我非常理解 |
[20:31] | with everything that you’re dealing with. | 毕竟你要处理那么多事 |
[20:33] | I’m sorry for being so insistent, | 抱歉我这么固执 |
[20:35] | but I thought you should | 但我觉得应该让你知道 |
[20:35] | know that Jane Davis came after me yesterday. | 简·戴维斯昨天来找我了 |
[20:37] | Came after you? | 找你 |
[20:39] | She wanted me to work for her. I didn’t know if you knew. | 她想让我去为她工作 不知你是否知情 |
[20:41] | In what capacity? | 为她做哪方面的工作 |
[20:43] | That, I’m not clear on, but it… | 这点我还不确定 不过 |
[20:46] | She wanted information about Aidan Macallan. | 她想要关于艾丹·麦卡伦的信息 |
[20:48] | I hope you know I would never say a com.funword.word. | 希望你知道我绝不会透漏一个字 |
[20:52] | Thank you for bringing this to my attention. | 谢谢你让我知道这些 |
[20:55] | Ma’am, I was hoping we could discuss my future. | 女士 我希望能讨论一下我的前途 |
[20:58] | Oh, LeAnn, I would love to discuss your future, but not yet. | 莉安 我很乐意讨论你的前途 但现在不行 |
[21:03] | If you would like, ma’am, I can help with Aidan. | 如果你愿意 女士 艾丹的事我能帮忙 |
[21:07] | Anything that’s required. | 你尽管吩咐 |
[21:09] | That’s good to know. | 很高兴知道你有这个心 |
[21:30] | Did you think LeAnn Harvey wouldn’t tell me? | 你觉得莉安·哈维不会告诉我吗 |
[21:33] | I never assume what people will do or won’t do. | 我从不假设人们会做什么或不会做什么 |
[21:36] | – I thought we were working well together. – We are. | -我以为我们在默契合作 -没错啊 |
[21:39] | Well, going around me to get information | 绕过我套取信息 |
[21:42] | will only create discord between us. | 只会在你我之间造成嫌隙 |
[21:44] | I wouldn’t want that, Claire. | 我并不想这样 克莱尔 |
[21:47] | – Miss Davis. – Mr. President. | -戴维斯女士 -总统先生 |
[21:49] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[21:51] | The vice president has told me that your contacts | 副总统告诉我你的联系人 |
[21:53] | have once again lost track of Ahmadi. | 再次跟丢了艾哈迈迪 |
[21:55] | Yes, as I explained, | 是 我解释过 |
[21:57] | Syria is like a different country one day to the next. | 叙利亚局势每天都在天翻地覆 |
[22:00] | Yes, well, you can thank Viktor Petrov for that. | 这你得归咎于维克多·佩特罗夫 |
[22:02] | Oh, I do. | 我是怪他 |
[22:07] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[22:08] | Oh, you’ll have to excuse me, Jane. | 我得失陪了 简 |
[22:10] | The schedule is crazy these days. | 我现在都快忙疯了 |
[22:12] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[22:16] | Really? The State Department, the Pentagon, | 有没有搞错 国务院加国防部 |
[22:18] | we can’t get close to Ahmadi? | 连个艾哈迈迪都捉不住 |
[22:19] | I just want peace. | 我只想要和平 |
[22:21] | Yes, there’s nothing that makes profits like peace. | 是啊 和平的利润最丰厚 |
[22:24] | And nothing makes peace like profits. | 而有利润的地方最和平 |
[22:28] | Mr. President, may I be blunt? | 总统先生 我能有话直说[迟钝]吗 |
[22:32] | Well, I would never accuse you of dullness, Miss Davis. | 我可不觉得你是迟钝的人 戴维斯女士 |
[22:38] | There’s going to be a gas attack happening in the city of Homs. | 霍姆斯城将会遭受一场毒气袭击 |
[22:43] | If you were to, let us say, draw a line in the sand… | 而如果说 您划下红线 |
[22:47] | and if this tragic attack were to happen… | 然后又发生了这样惨烈的袭击 |
[22:51] | the US government would have | 那美国政府将不得不 |
[22:52] | to send in an additional 30,000 or so soldiers. | 加派三万多名士兵进驻 |
[22:57] | To protect the oil lines, | 以保护石油管线 |
[22:59] | to keep Petrov from getting into Damascus. | 阻止佩特罗夫拿下大马士革 |
[23:03] | And, of course, to protect the people. | 当然了 还要保护人民 |
[23:07] | That’s venturing close to occupation with those kind of numbers. | 这么大规模的军队几乎就是全面占领了 |
[23:11] | All I’m saying is maybe the Declaration of War Committee | 我只是在说 也许宣战委员会 |
[23:16] | could finally debate what they were mandated to. | 终于可以辩论他们该辩论的了 |
[23:19] | A war. | 开战 |
[23:27] | Do you know Mark Usher? | 你认识马克·厄舍吗 |
[23:32] | Yes, we worked together. | 认识 我们合作过 |
[23:36] | He was handling a congressman. | 当时他在协助一位众议员 |
[23:39] | Mark. | 马克 |
[23:42] | Has anyone offered you anything? | 有人给你拿过什么吗 |
[23:43] | Oh, no, I’m good. Thanks. | 没有 不用 谢谢了 |
[23:55] | Have you ever worked with Jane Davis? | 你和简·戴维斯合作过吗 |
[23:59] | Davis is the stepfather’s name. | 戴维斯是她继父的姓 |
[24:03] | A one-term senator. | 一个只干了一任的参议员 |
[24:06] | Uh, anyway, yeah, | 总之 |
[24:07] | she was interested in a client I had, at some point. | 她曾对我的一位客户有点兴趣 |
[24:11] | A candidate for Congress. | 国会议员候选人 |
[24:13] | Poor guy. The minute Usher realized he wasn’t formidable enough, | 可怜人 厄舍一意识到他不够强硬 |
[24:17] | he just dumped him. Let him go. | 就甩手走人 让他自生自灭了 |
[24:20] | But that’s Mark. | 但马克就这样 |
[24:22] | He has an eye for talent. | 他擅长发现人才 |
[24:24] | Likes to keep you close while he keeps himself remote. | 喜欢密切关注你 而他自己却站得远远的 |
[24:28] | But he disagreed with some of her positions, | 但是他不同意她在一些问题上的立场 |
[24:31] | the money went away. | 于是资金就断掉了 |
[24:33] | Listen, don’t let Jane fool you. | 听我说 千万别让简骗了你 |
[24:38] | She can seem a bit… haphazard… | 她看上去可能有点 没有章法 |
[24:42] | But once he’s done with you… | 但只要他利用完了你 |
[24:45] | it’s as if a switch gets turned off. | 就会像关上开关那么干脆决绝 |
[24:49] | But she is merciless. | 但她冷酷无情 |
[24:52] | Single-minded as a single mind can be. | 要多专一就有多专一 |
[25:13] | What? Forgot to eat today. | 怎么了 我今天忘了吃饭了 |
[25:17] | What have you got for me? | 你给我查出什么了 |
[25:21] | – I don’t know. – Don’t do “I don’t know.” | -不知道 -少跟我”不知道” |
[25:26] | Saw Meredith Lee. | 我去见了梅瑞迪斯·李 |
[25:29] | I mentioned the Moretti Fund, organ transplants, uh… | 我提到了莫雷蒂基金 器官移植 |
[25:33] | She got a little tense, but… I don’t know. | 她看起来有点紧张 可是 我说不好 |
[25:37] | Why didn’t you tell me you were fired? | 你怎么没告诉我你被开除了 |
[25:39] | – Oh, that was you? – Who talked to your girlfriend? Yeah. | -原来是你 -就是我和你女友说了话 |
[25:42] | How long? | 多久了 |
[25:45] | What’s the difference? I’m tapped. | 有什么区别 我穷途末路了 |
[25:49] | What are we doing here? | 我们在干什么呢 |
[25:50] | I don’t like eating in my car. | 我不喜欢有人在我车上吃东西 |
[25:55] | I think Laura Moretti’s husband | 我觉得劳拉·莫雷蒂的丈夫 |
[25:56] | was jumped on the donor list. | 在捐赠名单上被插队了 |
[25:59] | – Where the hell did you get that? – My gut. | -这你是从哪听说的 -直觉 |
[26:03] | I can lay it out for you. | 不信我分析给你听 |
[26:04] | Yeah, you say something like that, you better. | 敢这么说话 你最好说到做到 |
[26:07] | Sarin gas. Mostly against civilians in suburban areas of Homs. | 沙林毒气 主要袭击霍姆斯近郊的平民区 |
[26:11] | – We’re dealing with animals here. – It’s horrifying. | -我们在和一帮畜生斗 -太可怕了 |
[26:14] | Now, you know I’ve always shown restraint in the past, but… | 你知道我过去一直在尽量克制 但是 |
[26:17] | I’m going to be making an executive order for military action. | 我打算发布行政命令 部署军事行动了 |
[26:21] | Air strikes followed by ground troops. | 先空袭 然后地面部队进驻 |
[26:24] | You’ll need to present to the UN. | 你得向联合国提交报告 |
[26:27] | Where is this intelligence coming from? | 这个情报是哪来的 |
[26:29] | Well, it’s all there in the briefing. | 简报里都写了 |
[26:32] | But if we know this is going to happen, | 但既然我们知道这事会发生 |
[26:34] | well, then why aren’t we stopping it before it does? | 我们为什么不提前制止呢 |
[26:42] | Francis held on to your resignation letter. | 弗兰西斯还留着你的辞职信 |
[26:46] | And he wants to tear it up. | 他想把它撕掉 |
[26:56] | I know how difficult these past few months have been for you. | 我知道这几个月来你多么艰辛 |
[27:01] | We’ve really asked a lot. | 我们要求你做了很多 |
[27:03] | But once we’re on the other side of this military action, | 但等我们部署了军事行动 |
[27:05] | you have our blessing to leave the administration if you choose. | 我们会准许你如愿离开政府 |
[27:10] | But, of course, we’d prefer if you stay on. | 但当然 我们更希望你留下 |
[27:13] | Hope that goes without saying. | 希望这是不言自明的 |
[27:20] | Using weapons of mass destruction | 对平民使用 |
[27:22] | against civilians is a war crime. | 大规模杀伤性武器是战争罪 |
[27:24] | I appreciate the opportunity to see this through to the end. | 我很感激有机会能完成此事 |
[27:28] | We were hoping you would say that. | 我们就希望你会这么说 |
[27:30] | Thank you, Cathy. | 谢谢你 凯茜 |
[27:31] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[27:38] | Are you worried about her? | 你担心她吗 |
[27:41] | We need to start thinking about | 我们得开始想 |
[27:43] | the people we surround ourselves with. | 我们身边的人了 |
[27:46] | Which has made me think of Tom… | 这让我想到了汤姆 |
[27:49] | who doesn’t really have a reason to be here anymore, does he? | 他现在已经没理由留在这里了 是吧 |
[27:56] | Not an official one, no, | 没有正式理由 |
[27:57] | but I thought maybe we could bring him on as a consultant. | 但我想或许我们可以给他个顾问之名 |
[28:11] | Well, of course, that’s entirely up to you. | 当然 这取决于你 |
[28:15] | There’s just only so much time and energy in a single day, | 只是一天的时间和精力有限 |
[28:18] | and I think we need to constantly be asking ourselves, | 我觉得我们该不断自省 |
[28:20] | “Am I spending it as wisely as I can?” | “我是否尽可能明智地利用我的时间和精力了” |
[28:36] | – Thank you. – Jane, I’m so sorry | -谢谢 -简 真抱歉 |
[28:38] | – to pull you away from your party. – No, no, no. | -从派对上把你叫走 -没事 |
[28:40] | – When I heard your voice on the phone… – I just… I just… | -当我在电话上听到你的声音 -我就是 |
[28:42] | – I don’t know what to do. – Did something happen? | -我不知道该怎么办 -出什么事了吗 |
[28:46] | The Underwoods are planning | 安德伍德夫妇在计划 |
[28:47] | air strikes and a troop surge in Homs. | 对霍姆斯进行空袭 增派军队 |
[28:52] | – How awful. – Do you know anything about this? | -太可怕了 -你了解这事吗 |
[28:57] | Petrov is making the whole region a disaster. | 佩特罗夫把那里变成了地狱 |
[29:01] | No one who ever got tangled up in the Middle East came out ahead. | 没有哪个卷入中东局势的人能得到好处 |
[29:04] | Let Petrov own it. | 随佩特罗夫去吧 |
[29:12] | There’s something terrible that is going to happen… | 有可怕的事将要发生 |
[29:15] | that we can prevent. | 我们可以阻止 |
[29:16] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[29:18] | I’m scheduled to present some kind of red line at the UN. | 我要向联合国提交我方红线警告 |
[29:21] | – But we can still pull back. – How can I help? | -但我们还可以退一步的 -我要怎么帮忙 |
[29:24] | Talk to the president, the vice president. | 跟总统和副总统谈谈 |
[29:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[29:33] | They’re terrible, terrible people, aren’t they? | 他们真可怕 是吧 |
[29:40] | Jane… | 简 |
[29:43] | be very careful with them. | 对他们一定要小心 |
[29:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[29:51] | That’s from an old friend. | 这是老友的忠告 |
[29:55] | Are we still friends? | 我们还是朋友吧 |
[29:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
[30:21] | He says the liver the president received | 他说总统接受的肝脏 |
[30:22] | was supposed to go to a man named Anthony Moretti. | 本该是给一个叫安东尼·莫雷蒂的人的 |
[30:26] | And he says that Doug forced | 他说道格逼迫 |
[30:28] | then Secretary of Health and Human Services | 当时的卫生和人类服务部部长 |
[30:30] | to put the president at the top of the list, | 把总统排在名单最前 |
[30:31] | which resulted in Moretti’s death. | 结果莫雷蒂因此死了 |
[30:35] | Oh, and Doug also has become involved with the man’s widow. | 道格还跟他的遗孀发生了关系 |
[30:40] | That’s a nice touch. | 干得漂亮 |
[30:42] | And does… does he have proof? | 他有证据吗 |
[30:44] | About the relationship? It’s easy to prove that. | 关于恋情吗 这个简单 |
[30:48] | But the list, he knows that Meredith Lee is hiding something. | 名单的话 他知道梅瑞迪斯·李有所隐瞒 |
[30:50] | And he’s ready to go back and talk to her about it. | 他打算再去找她谈 |
[30:53] | Do you trust him? | 你信任他吗 |
[30:56] | I don’t know why he’d make any of this up. | 我不知道他干吗要编造这些 |
[30:59] | Hey, I’m outside. | 我在外面 |
[31:06] | Did you have a good time? | 你玩得开心吗 |
[31:10] | I never do at those things anymore. | 我在这种场合已经开心不了了 |
[31:13] | Necessary evils. | 必要之恶 |
[31:14] | It’s not like the old days, | 不像以前了 |
[31:15] | when you used to meet surprising people. | 你还能结识出人意料的人 |
[31:20] | Did people get less surprising | 是人们不那么出人意料了 |
[31:21] | or are we less easily surprised? | 还是我们不容易被打动了 |
[31:25] | Well, exactly. | 是啊 |
[31:27] | – This is me. – She asked me about you. | -我的车来了 -她跟我问了你 |
[31:32] | – I figured. What’d you say? – That you’re… | -我猜到了 你怎么说的 -你… |
[31:36] | formidable, etcetera. | 强大 什么的 |
[31:40] | Yeah, I told him the same about you, etcetera. | 我也这么跟他说你的 什么的 |
[31:47] | He could be a great president. | 他可以当个伟大的总统 |
[31:52] | But does he want to be? | 但他想做吗 |
[31:53] | And what is great? | 而且什么算伟大 |
[31:58] | And then there’s her. | 还有她 |
[32:01] | What about her? | 她怎么样 |
[32:03] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[32:12] | Because if Bob or Terry were the ranking member, | 如果鲍勃或泰瑞是副主席 |
[32:15] | I’d be talking to them. | 我就找他们了 |
[32:17] | I want Romero’s clerk stripped. | 我要罗梅洛做光杆司令 |
[32:20] | Yeah, whatever budget he’s got for his seat on that committee. | 对 他给委员会成员的任何预算 |
[32:23] | No, no, I’m asking for the sake of the party. | 不不 我这是为了党派 |
[32:27] | Look, we survived Jackie Sharp, but it’s not gonna end there. | 杰姬·夏普的事我们躲过一劫 但这事没完 |
[32:31] | The truth is I’m being punished | 事实上 我在因为 |
[32:33] | for fighting for the issues that our base cares most about. | 为我们选民最在乎的事抗争而受惩罚 |
[32:38] | Yes, and thank you. | 对 谢谢 |
[32:43] | Doyle says there’s almost nothing on Usher. | 道尔说几乎查不到厄舍的任何料 |
[32:46] | He likes to gamble, usually wins. | 他喜欢赌博 一般能赢 |
[32:49] | But here’s the thing… Doyle spoke with Marshall, | 但问题是 道尔找过马歇尔 |
[32:52] | who we know did not have a happy exit from the Conway campaign. | 我们知道他离开康威团队时并不愉快 |
[32:55] | Now, he said that before Usher joined our administration, | 他说 厄舍加入我们政府前 |
[32:59] | he was grooming Romero for a presidential run. | 他还打算培养罗梅洛竞选总统 |
[33:03] | Sir, I believe he’s playing both sides | 先生 我认为他在两头讨好 |
[33:05] | of whatever this committee is after. | 这个委员会的目标 |
[33:09] | I’m not a Democrat, Jeffrey. | 我不是民主党人 杰弗里 |
[33:11] | I’m still a Republican, just happen to work for the White House. | 我还是共和党 只是碰巧在白宫工作 |
[33:15] | All I’m saying is let’s rein Alex in while we still can. | 我是说 趁现在还行 控制下艾力克斯 |
[33:19] | ‘Cause after he rips through his own party, | 等他把自己的党派搅翻了天 |
[33:20] | he’ll come after ours, wouldn’t you think? | 就会去折腾我们党了 不是吗 |
[33:22] | Yeah, and Jeff, you’re the chair… | 杰弗 你是主席 |
[33:24] | No… What? No, listen. | 不 什么 不 听我说 |
[33:25] | Wait. Wait! Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[33:29] | And you owe me, and we both know it, | 你欠我的 我们都知道 |
[33:31] | and that’s not the kind of thing I like to say out loud. | 这种事我不会大声说出来 |
[33:34] | What is? | 什么 |
[33:37] | When did that happen? | 什么时候的事 |
[33:41] | Confirmed? | 确认了吗 |
[33:49] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[33:51] | Yes, well… | 好吧 |
[33:54] | just because Walker’s gonna take the stand, | 沃克要作证 |
[33:56] | doesn’t mean he’ll say anything. Right? | 不代表他会说什么 是吧 |
[34:11] | What was that com.funword.word you said to me this morning? | 你今早对我说的那个词是什么 |
[34:14] | The one no one uses anymore? | 就是现在没人用了的那个 |
[34:17] | Crepuscular. | 黄昏的 |
[34:19] | Right. | 对了 |
[34:24] | Some of my favorite animals are crepuscular. | 一些我最喜欢的动物就是晨昏性的 |
[34:30] | Yes. | 喂 |
[34:32] | What? | 什么 |
[34:34] | When? | 什么时候 |
[34:36] | Jesus! God damn it! | 天呐 该死 |
[34:46] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[34:49] | – Claire! – I’m in the kitchen. | -克莱尔 -我在厨房 |
[34:52] | Walker’s gonna testify. | 沃克要作证 |
[34:54] | – When? – Early as next week. | -什么时候 -最早下周 |
[34:57] | He’s gonna say the same thing he said to Hammerschmidt. | 他会说他跟汉默施密特说的那些话 |
[34:59] | There’s not gonna be any new damage. | 不会有新伤害 |
[35:01] | – We don’t know that for sure. – Let’s get Usher. | -我们不能确定 -我们去找厄舍 |
[35:03] | You bet I’m gonna talk to him in the morning. | 我早上肯定要找他 |
[35:05] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[35:06] | To get some goddamn space in this house! | 在这房子里找块空荡的地方 |
[35:25] | I can take care of Walker. We’ll make him an offer. | 我可以解决沃克 我们给他开条件 |
[35:29] | A place back on the stage, | 让他回到政坛 |
[35:31] | chancellor of some well-endowed university. He’ll take it. | 去哪个资金雄厚的大学当校长 他会接受的 |
[35:33] | He just might. But first, | 他可能会 但首先 |
[35:34] | I want to know what you have on Romero. | 我要知道你有罗梅洛什么料 |
[35:37] | I don’t have a thing. | 完全没有 |
[35:38] | – Please. – Doug, let’s not be rude. | -得了 -道格 别失礼 |
[35:41] | I find that impossible to believe. | 这我难以相信 |
[35:43] | If I did, you would know it. | 如果我知道 你会知道的 |
[35:44] | You and I have been at this a long time. | 你和我都是老手了 |
[35:46] | You wouldn’t even consider a candidate without vetting him first. | 你愿考虑一个候选人都肯定先审查过他 |
[35:48] | I thought Alex had a future. | 我觉得艾力克斯很有前途 |
[35:50] | Yeah, a run for the presidency as I understand it. | 是啊 就我所知可以竞选总统 |
[35:52] | He’s clean and crisp as a starched white shirt. | 他像上浆的白衬衫一样干净 |
[35:54] | You’re gonna have to make a decision, Mark. | 你得做出决定 马克 |
[35:55] | You wanna work for me and Claire, or not? | 是为我和克莱尔工作 还是怎么 |
[35:57] | I have already reached out to members of my own party. | 我已经联络了我自己党派的人 |
[36:01] | I’ve used my political capital to help you. | 我为帮助你动用了我的政治资本 |
[36:04] | But you’re still not answering my question. | 但你还是没回答我的问题 |
[36:05] | I think I have. | 我已经回答了 |
[36:07] | And I don’t need to convince you or Mrs. Underwood of my worth. | 我不需要让你或安德伍德夫人相信我的价值 |
[36:20] | It’s an honor to meet you. | 认识您很荣幸 |
[36:23] | Seth, Mr. Jeffries will catch up with you momentarily. | 赛斯 杰弗瑞斯先生稍后会去找你 |
[36:30] | I’m going to keep this brief. | 我得长话短说了 |
[36:35] | If what you’re saying is true… | 如果你的说法是真的 |
[36:38] | Doug Stamper saved my husband’s life. | 道格·斯坦普救了我丈夫一命 |
[36:41] | He did. | 是的 |
[36:42] | And he also cost someone else his. | 还因此害死了别人 |
[36:47] | Well, I suspect you’re the kind of man that wants many things. | 我猜你是那种有很多欲求的人 |
[36:52] | But you have made a mistake. | 但你犯了个错误 |
[36:55] | There’s only one thing, professionally, that I’ve always wanted. | 职业上讲 我只有一样一直渴求的东西 |
[37:00] | It’s to work in the White House. | 就是进白宫工作 |
[37:03] | Seth will see you out. | 赛斯会送你出去 |
[37:09] | Sorry for the interruption. | 抱歉刚刚不得不走开 |
[37:14] | You were saying… | 你说到哪了 |
[37:18] | Cathy was always a very good person. | 凯茜一直是个好人 |
[37:21] | At her core, she has a core. | 她内心是的 她有良心 |
[37:24] | Bless her. | 保佑她 |
[37:25] | This whole Homs initiative might be too difficult for her. | 霍姆斯的事对她可能太为难 |
[37:33] | You know… you’re very hard to read. | 你让人很难读懂 |
[37:38] | Which makes sense. | 这也合理 |
[37:41] | For the last several years, you’ve been a familiar face. | 这几年来 你一直左右逢源 |
[37:46] | Must get exhausting. | 一定很累人 |
[37:48] | Must be hardly any people you can even share a laugh with. | 你能跟他一起欢笑的人都很少吧 |
[37:59] | You should figure out how to take full advantage of me. | 你该想想该怎么好好利用我 |
[38:04] | I can help you get what you want. | 我可以帮你如愿 |
[38:07] | If you tell me what it is. | 如果你告诉我你的愿望 |
[38:09] | I enjoy helping others. | 我喜欢帮助他人 |
[38:12] | I think you know what I want. | 我觉得你知道我的愿望 |
[38:14] | Yes… | 是啊 |
[38:16] | But do you want it now or in four years? | 但你是现在想要 还是四年后要 |
[38:24] | I want the whole world to see Ahmadi’s capture… | 我要全世界看到艾哈迈迪被逮捕 |
[38:29] | on every news outlet and every screen. | 铺天盖地的报道 |
[38:34] | For the good of the party, I’d prefer Mr. Walker not testify. | 为了党派利益 我更希望沃克先生不要作证 |
[38:37] | I’m considering taking myself off the Declaration of War Committee. | 我在考虑离开宣战委员会 |
[38:40] | Alex, you don’t have to do that. | 艾力克斯 你不用那么做 |
[38:41] | And you can do what you will with it. | 你可以随意怎么处置它 |
[38:44] | But that’s conditional on the president doing the right thing. | 但条件是总统要做正确的事 |
[38:49] | And what is that? | 是什么 |
[38:50] | Resigning. | 辞职 |
[38:52] | Again, I’m only thinking of the party. | 再说一遍 我只是为党派考虑 |
[38:59] | Yeah… | 嗯 |
[39:03] | Who the fuck do you think you are? | 你他妈以为你是谁啊 |
[39:06] | – Oh, don’t use that language with me… – Shut the fuck up. | -别对我说粗话 -闭上臭嘴 |
[39:10] | You have no idea, none, about what you’re doing. | 你根本不知道你在做什么 |
[39:12] | I’d like you to leave my office. | 请你离开我的办公室 |
[39:13] | Now you listen carefully to me. | 你给我听好 |
[39:14] | – I said… – Shut up, Alex! | -我说 -闭嘴 艾力克斯 |
[39:18] | Here’s a headline for you. | 听听这个头条 |
[39:19] | “Alex Romero colluded with Governor Conway | “艾力克斯·罗梅洛勾结康威州长 |
[39:22] | to use the Declaration of War Committee | 利用宣战委员会 |
[39:24] | to help him win an election.” | 帮他赢得大选” |
[39:25] | – No. – Please, you know you did. | -没有 -得了 你清楚你做了什么 |
[39:29] | – See how easy that is? – Get out! | -看这多简单 -滚出去 |
[39:33] | You’re gonna be all alone at your hearing. I just left Walker. | 听证会上只会有你一个人 我刚见过沃克 |
[39:37] | He’s gonna plead the Fifth. You’ll look like a fool. | 他打算保持沉默 你会出丑的 |
[39:41] | You want to be out front? No one has a problem with that. | 你想出头 没人介意 |
[39:45] | They want you there, because you’ll be the first to fall. | 他们希望你出头 因为你也会倒得最快 |
[39:52] | “For the good of the party.” | “为了党派” |
[40:00] | Sleep tight, Congressman. | 做个好梦 议员 |
[40:01] | – Who knows about Will? – No one, not yet. | -谁知道威尔的事 -暂时还没人 |
[40:05] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[40:08] | Why I’m still protecting you at this point… | 我现在为什么还要保护你 |
[40:11] | I don’t even understand myself. | 我自己都不明白 |
[40:18] | Walker’s gonna plead the Fifth. | 沃克打算保持沉默 |
[40:20] | And Romero won’t rock the boat. | 罗梅洛也不会折腾 |
[40:21] | Thank you, Mark, I appreciate that. | 多谢了 马克 |
[40:23] | I would suggest you schedule a press conference | 我建议你安排新闻发布会 |
[40:26] | for right after the hearing. | 就在听证会之后 |
[40:27] | All right. | 好 |
[40:44] | Tell me the worst thing you’ve ever done. | 告诉我你做过的最恶劣的事 |
[40:49] | It’s hard to pick. | 不好选 |
[40:51] | – I’m serious. – So am I. | -我说真的 -我也是 |
[41:00] | Pretended to love someone when I didn’t. | 假装爱一个我并不爱的人 |
[41:05] | In a way, that was the worst. | 可以说 那是最糟的 |
[41:14] | Did the person know? | 那人知道吗 |
[41:19] | She pretended not to know… | 她假装不知道 |
[41:23] | but she knew. | 但她知道 |
[41:25] | It was awful for her. | 她很难受 |
[41:30] | But I paid for that mistake, too. | 但我为那个错误付出了代价 |
[41:34] | Those types of things, they take a toll. | 那种事 会伤害一个人 |
[41:38] | It’s strange how some choices mean nothing | 真是奇妙 有些选择毫无意义 |
[41:41] | and others govern the rest of your life. | 也有一些会决定你的余生 |
[41:46] | I’ve done some terrible things. | 我做过一些可怕的事 |
[41:51] | You don’t have to tell me. | 你不用告诉我 |
[41:55] | Francis killed Zoe Barnes. | 弗兰西斯杀了佐伊·巴恩斯 |
[41:59] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[42:00] | Francis killed Peter. | 弗兰西斯杀了彼得 |
[42:01] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[42:02] | And so many more are gonna die. | 还会再死许多人 |
[42:04] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[42:20] | You don’t scare me. | 我不怕你 |
[42:23] | I should. | 你该怕 |
[42:40] | Aidan. | 艾丹 |
[42:42] | Not anymore. | 我不叫艾丹了 |
[42:43] | How did you get here? | 你怎么到这儿来的 |
[42:44] | A door opened, I walked out. | 有扇门开了 我就出来了 |
[42:47] | That doesn’t sound right. | 听着不太对劲 |
[42:48] | I got a visa and a flight tonight. I just… | 我拿到了签证 和今晚的机票 我只是 |
[42:52] | I just wanted to see you one last time. | 我只是想最后再来看看你 |
[42:54] | Wait. Who’s getting you out? | 等等 谁要送你走 |
[42:56] | That doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[42:58] | – What did you say? – Honestly, nothing. | -你说什么了 -其实什么都没说 |
[43:02] | We have to talk to the Underwoods. | 我们必须和安德伍德夫妇谈谈 |
[43:04] | – Nah, I don’t think so. – This does not make sense. | -还是算了吧 -这根本说不通 |
[43:11] | Well, you always liked to drive a nice car. | 你总是喜欢开好车 |
[43:15] | Aidan, come with me. I’ll fix this. | 艾丹 跟我来吧 我来解决 |
[43:19] | You come with me. I’ve a way for you to get out. | 我还想让你跟我走呢 我也给你备了条出路 |
[43:29] | Well, all right, then. | 那好吧 |
[43:40] | Now, don’t you tell anybody you saw me until the morning. | 等到明天早上再告诉别人你见到了我 |
[43:42] | Why would I tell anyone I saw you at all? | 我为什么还要告诉别人我见到了你 |
[43:45] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[43:49] | Wait. | 等等 |
[43:58] | – Here, take this. – No. | -给 拿上这个 -不行 |
[44:00] | Come on. At least until you get on the flight, all right? | 拿着 至少上飞机之前要拿着 好吗 |
[44:07] | I’m out. | 我撤了 |
[44:41] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着 |
[44:45] | It’s freezing out here. You should have a coat on. | 外面这么冷 你该披上外套 |
[44:48] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[44:53] | Don’t meet with Walker. | 别去见沃克 |
[44:55] | I think it’s a bad idea. | 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[44:59] | It’ll remind him of his best course of action. | 这会提醒他 他最好该怎么做 |
[45:03] | You’re wrong. I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. | 你错了 我很抱歉 但是你错了 |
[45:07] | Usher has it under control. | 厄舍已经打点好了 |
[45:18] | You always do what you want. | 你总是想做什么就做什么 |
[45:24] | Tom doesn’t want to leave. | 汤姆不想走 |
[45:27] | Tom doesn’t get to choose. | 汤姆没资格选 |
[45:30] | It’s cold. You should go in. | 外面冷 你进去吧 |
[45:41] | If you could get me Doug Stamper’s addresses | 能麻烦你把道格·斯坦普过去三年 |
[45:43] | for the last three years… | 住过的所有地址给我… |
[45:52] | And do you know what happened to the photo strip | 你知道瑞秋和丽萨的照片条 |
[45:54] | of Rachel and Lisa? | 去哪了吗 |
[45:56] | It’s gone. | 不见了 |
[45:59] | We need to lay out our positions ourselves. | 我们得自己表明我们的立场 |
[46:01] | I’m already on my way to New York. | 我已经在去纽约的路上了 |
[46:04] | I don’t want you to say or do anything | 我不希望你说或者做什么 |
[46:05] | that makes you feel uncomfortable. | 让你感到不舒服的事 |
[46:07] | I won’t contradict the administration. That’s not my wish. | 我不会和政府立场相左的 我不希望这样 |
[46:10] | We need to draw a line in the sand. | 我们需要划下红线 |
[46:12] | Yes, of course. Should I get on my flight? | 当然 我还上飞机吗 |
[46:16] | I think it might be best if you turn around and come back. | 我觉得你最好还是调头回来吧 |
[46:19] | Whatever you think. | 听你的 |
[46:22] | We’ll let Walker plead the Fifth. | 就让沃克保持沉默吧 |
[46:23] | Then we’ll regroup and make sure we’re on the same page. | 然后我们再碰头协调立场 |
[46:29] | Okay. We need to head back. | 好吧 调头回去吧 |
[46:42] | “Beware entangling alliances,” Mr. President. | “当心纠缠不清的联盟” 总统先生 |
[46:46] | You know, that quote is often attributed to Washington, | 通常都认为这句话出自华盛顿 |
[46:48] | but it was actually Jefferson who said it. | 但其实是杰斐逊说的 |
[46:53] | Anyway, I wanted to catch you before, | 总之我想先来见见你 |
[46:55] | Mark and your lawyer got here. | 赶在马克和你的律师来之前 |
[46:57] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[46:59] | I know this hasn’t been easy for you. | 我知道这对你并不轻松 |
[47:03] | Well, the truth is, one can get used to almost anything. | 其实一个人的适应能力几乎不可限量 |
[47:07] | Well, at any rate, congratulations. | 总之 恭喜你 |
[47:11] | You’re about to become the chancellor | 你就要担任国内 |
[47:12] | of one of our finest universities. | 顶尖大学的校长了 |
[47:14] | It’s a high price we pay for respectability. | 我们为名誉付出的代价高昂 |
[47:18] | Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. | 总之 我就是来打个招呼 |
[47:21] | And to thank you for all you’re doing. | 并且感谢你所做的一切 |
[47:24] | In not too long, | 用不了多久 |
[47:25] | you’re going to become one of those ex-presidents | 你就会和那些前总统一样 |
[47:28] | whose work will make everyone… | 你的成就会让大家 |
[47:32] | forget the past. | 忘记过去 |
[47:34] | I was once the President of the United States. | 我也曾是美国总统 |
[47:37] | Yes, you were. | 没错 你的确是 |
[47:39] | You stole the presidency, Frank. | 然后总统之位被你偷走了 弗兰克 |
[47:43] | Now, Garrett… | 别这么说 加勒特 |
[47:45] | This is ancient history, | 都是好久以前的事了 |
[47:46] | but by modern political standards, | 但以现代政治的标准来看 |
[47:48] | my election was a landslide. | 我是以压倒性优势当选的 |
[47:51] | I was gonna change this country. | 我原本打算改变这个国家 |
[47:54] | But then… uh, things happen. | 但后来 发生了一些事 |
[47:58] | People lie… | 人们说谎 |
[48:00] | You lie to keep up. | 为与他们同步你只好也撒谎 |
[48:02] | The things that you’ve been lauded for all your life, | 你一直以来被称赞的优点 |
[48:06] | those are suddenly fatal flaws. | 突然都成了致命缺陷 |
[48:10] | People who’ve been with you through thick and thin, | 曾经和你风雨同舟的人 |
[48:13] | who you thought would never fail you, they fail you. | 你以为永远不会辜负你的人 还是辜负你了 |
[48:17] | You make strange alliances with unsavory people. | 你会和讨厌的人结成别扭的同盟 |
[48:22] | And it all becomes clear way too late. | 当一切清晰起来时 已经太晚 |
[48:28] | And no one else truly understands. | 其他任何人都不会真正明白 |
[48:31] | Except someone who’s been in the office… | 除了就任过的人 |
[48:36] | You can’t expect the office | 你不能指望这个职位 |
[48:37] | to do anything more than what you bring to it. | 能放大你的能力 |
[48:42] | – I’m doing this for the party. – I know. | -我这么做是为党的利益 -我知道 |
[48:46] | And it’s admirable. | 这令人钦佩 |
[48:55] | How’s Tricia? | 特莉莎怎么样 |
[48:57] | Well, it’s taken time, but we are good. | 我们挺好 虽然花了些时间 |
[48:59] | The kids are doing well. | 孩子们也都很好 |
[49:02] | Well, this is just the beginning. | 这只是开始 |
[49:05] | You and I are gonna be working a lot more together from now on. | 今后 你我会有更多的合作 |
[49:07] | Is that so? | 真的吗 |
[49:26] | Doug. | 道格 |
[49:30] | Tom, it’s a busy morning. | 汤姆 今天上午很忙 |
[49:32] | I don’t have any quotes right now. | 我现在不能提供任何引述 |
[49:33] | When you have a moment, i’d like to sit down | 等你有时间 我想坐下来 |
[49:35] | and ask you some questions about Lisa Williams. | 问你几个关于丽萨·威廉姆斯的问题 |
[49:39] | I’m sorry. What are you talking about? | 不好意思 你在说什么 |
[49:42] | Let me know when you’re free, Doug. | 等你有时间 和我说一声 道格 |
[49:44] | If you’d like a statement, | 如果你想要一个声明 |
[49:45] | Seth Grayson’s office will be issuing a press release shortly. | 赛斯·格雷森的办公室很快会发一篇新闻稿 |
[49:48] | You live near Dupont Circle, don’t you? | 你住在杜邦环岛附近 对吧 |
[49:53] | I will go on the record and say yes, I do. | 我可以正式宣称 是的 我住那附近 |
[50:19] | President Walker, | 沃克总统 |
[50:21] | it’s been established in | 希瑟·邓巴的 |
[50:22] | Heather Dunbar’s special prosecutor’s report | 特别检察官报告中明确称 |
[50:25] | that we have reason to– | 我们有理由… |
[50:25] | Congressman, as I mentioned to the chair | 议员 我已向主席 |
[50:29] | and the other distinguished members of the committee, | 和委员会的其他成员提过 |
[50:31] | I am advising my client | 我建议我的委托人 |
[50:33] | to plead the Fifth at this time for all questions regarding his tenure | 目前对关于他就任美国总统期间的所有问题 |
[50:36] | as President of the United States of America. | 行使第五修正案的权利 |
[50:42] | I must say, uh, that as a fellow Democrat, | 同为民主党人 我得说 |
[50:45] | this is highly irregular. | 这很不寻常 |
[50:47] | Yes, Congressman, yes. | 是的 议员 的确 |
[50:50] | But in light of ongoing investigations– | 但鉴于目前进行的调查… |
[50:52] | Actually, I will answer the congressman’s questions. | 其实 我愿意回答议员的问题 |
[51:00] | Please, ask your question. | 请提问吧 |
[51:05] | Under your administration, | 你任总统期间 |
[51:06] | millions of dollars were illegally laundered | 有来自中国商人的数百万美元资金 |
[51:08] | from Chinese businessmen to affect American elections. | 经非法洗钱 影响了美国大选 |
[51:12] | Is this true? | 是真的吗 |
[51:14] | Yes. That’s true. | 对 是真的 |
[51:17] | And can you tell us what, if any, | 你能否告诉我们 |
[51:18] | was then Vice President Francis Underwood’s | 时任副总统弗兰西斯·安德伍德 |
[51:20] | involvement in this scheme? | 在其中的参与情况 如果有的话 |
[51:24] | Well, it appeared to me, he was one of its chief architects. | 他似乎是其中一名总设计师 |
[51:31] | And, uh, what exactly do you mean by that, sir? | 你这话是什么意思 先生 |
[51:35] | It was his idea. | 那是他的主意 |
[51:39] | Mark, I think you need to be elsewhere right now. | 马克 你还是去别的地方吧 |
[51:41] | Are we gonna bury our heads in the sand with this? | 我们要对此采取回避态度吗 |
[51:45] | No, you’re going to leave, | 不是 你要离开 |
[51:47] | and the vice president and I are going to decide what to do. | 副总统和我来决定怎么做 |
[51:50] | Walker reneged. We had a deal. | 沃克食言了 我们说好了的 |
[51:51] | We will let you know if you are needed. | 如果需要你 我们会告诉你的 |
[51:53] | – Sir… – That was not a request. | -先生 -这不是请求 |
[52:00] | Why did you have to go talk to him? | 你为什么非要去和他谈 |
[52:05] | There has to be a way out, Francis. | 一定会有出路的 弗兰西斯 |
[52:10] | Does there? Is there? | 是吗 有吗 |
[52:14] | Or is this my presidency? | 这就是我的总统任期吗 |
[52:16] | Forever with a target on my back. | 永远是攻击目标 |
[52:20] | Haunted and hunted. | 被纠缠 被追捕 |
[52:34] | LeAnn, if you’re hearing this, it means that I’m dead. | 莉安 如果你听到这个 说明我死了 |
[53:20] | 输入安全语句读取文件 区分大小写和空格 妈妈把备用钥匙放在哪(四个词 无大写) 我最喜欢的棒球运动员(全名) 你在奥斯丁的酒店房间留了什么(一个词) | |
[54:38] | 1958年以前 美国总统是没有退休金的 所以杜鲁门退休离开华盛顿时 生活极度窘迫 自己开着车回到老家密苏里 买不起房子 只好去亲戚家住 同年的《前总统法案》规定给退休总统发放等额于内阁部长工资的退休金 总统们的退休生活才有了基本保障 克林顿退休时正当壮年 闲不住的他成立了克林顿基金会 到处做慈善 一度成为世界上最影响力的基金会之一 但在2016年大选中 克林顿基金会的募资受到了广泛质疑 一些人指出 许多外国政府和团体可能是因为希拉里做了国务卿才会捐款 | |
[55:18] | 大小布什两父子总统 退休后基本上都选择了不问世事的隐居生活 两个人都回到了德州 老布什落户休斯顿 小布什选择了达拉斯 老布什相对更活跃一些 会出席一些公开活动 任上毁多誉少的小布什则更加低调 除了一些必须参加的活动 更多把精力放在了为非洲做慈善 以及支持老兵权益的一些活动中 为打发时间 他还开始学习绘画 而且现在油画作品颇有成就 2016年出版了一本画册 销量非常好 | |
[55:48] | 刚退休不到半年的奥巴马 花了很多时间去欧洲和加勒比海度假 随行的都是富商名流 出入都是喷气飞机 豪华游艇 但豪华假日只是表象 奥巴马的手下在华盛顿租了一间办公室 同政府的现任官员联系紧密 现总统特朗普遭遇一连串丑闻后 其支持者指责奥巴马 在背后暗中支持反对特朗普的政治力量 按惯例退休总统都会离开华盛顿 但奥巴马以想保证女儿读完高中为由 退休后在华盛顿租了一间豪宅 不久前 媒体报道他出资八百万美元把这栋豪宅买了下来 看来短期内他是不会离开美国的政治中心了 |