时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – Chapter five– like all families, | 第五章 就像所有家庭一样 |
[00:03] | the Hayworths shared their trials and tribulations. | 海沃思一家共同经受考验和磨难 |
[00:06] | Sarah was still looking for a full-time job, | 萨拉还在找全职工作 |
[00:09] | but she’d recently gotten some freelance work. | 不过她最近在做自由职业工作 |
[00:11] | Of course, her brothers were nothing | 当然了 她的兄弟们既高兴 |
[00:12] | but thrilled and supportive. | 又支持她 |
[00:14] | – Please stop laughing. | 别笑了行不 |
[00:15] | – I’m sorry. It’s–it’s kind of funny. | 不好意思 真的有点好笑 |
[00:18] | – That’s, like, 100% a real job? | 确定是真的是100%的正经工作吗 |
[00:19] | – Yes! Okay? | 是的 够了不 |
[00:21] | I am helping people get their pets certified | 我帮别人的宠物通过 |
[00:22] | as emotional support animals. | 情感支持用动物认证 |
[00:24] | – So let’s just say, I want to bring a racoon to Six Flags. | 所以假如 我想带浣熊进游乐园 |
[00:27] | You have the power to make that happen? | 你有权帮我一把吗 |
[00:30] | – Okay, it’s not what I want to do for the rest of my life, | 并不是我想这辈子都做这个工作 |
[00:32] | but it’s a paycheck, | 但是能赚钱 |
[00:34] | and Denise has been paying for everything | 而且最近几个月的账单 |
[00:35] | the past couple months, so… | 都是丹尼斯在付的 所以 |
[00:36] | – Last time I flew commercial, | 我上次坐经济舱 |
[00:38] | I sat right next to a giant tortoise. | 旁边坐着一只乌龟 |
[00:39] | – Okay, what did I miss? | 我错过什么了 |
[00:42] | Actually, I don’t care. Thanks. | 其实我也不在乎 谢谢 |
[00:43] | – Guys, Kelvin would like the floor. | 各位 凯文想占用一下你们的时间 |
[00:46] | For school, he has to do a report on a family member | 学校要求他提交一份报告 说家里的成员中 |
[00:48] | whose job he admires, | 他喜欢谁的工作 |
[00:50] | and he’s figuring out who to pick. | 他正在纠结选谁呢 |
[00:52] | – Oh, well. That can be a tough decision, | 这个还挺难选的噢 |
[00:55] | but I guess if you want to learn | 但如果你想学习一下 |
[00:56] | from a “New York Times” best-selling author– | 《纽约时报》的畅销作家 |
[00:58] | – I choose Uncle Connor. – What now? | – 我选康纳叔叔 – 什么 |
[00:59] | – My guy. | 好兄弟 |
[01:01] | Uncle Connor for the win. | 康纳叔叔赢咯 |
[01:03] | I will not let you down! | 我不会让你失望的 |
[01:05] | – Okay, sweetie. | 等等 亲爱的 |
[01:07] | Um, did you consider anybody else? | 你有考虑过别的人选吗 |
[01:09] | – Nope. | 没有 |
[01:11] | I may not know what Uncle Connor actually does… | 虽然我不知道康纳叔叔到底是干什么的 |
[01:12] | – That’s fine. It’s not clear. | 没事 我也不清楚 |
[01:15] | – But he definitely has the coolest job. | 但他的工作绝对是最酷的 |
[01:17] | Look at this place! | 你看他家 |
[01:18] | – Look at the place. | 你看我家 |
[01:20] | – Well, you know, Kelvin, in ancient times, | 凯文 古时候 |
[01:22] | they used to consider a writer kind of the first cool job. | 人们常常认为作家是最酷的职业 |
[01:25] | – Please stop before you use the word “scribe.” | 别说了 再说就要扯到抄书员了 |
[01:28] | – Kel, you know you can come to work with me or Lupe | 小凯 其实你可以来找我或者卢佩甚至是汤米叔叔 |
[01:31] | or even Uncle Tommy. | 一起工作的 |
[01:33] | – I was the last option? – Ah, hi. | – 我居然是最后一个选项吗 – 注意一下 |
[01:35] | Sarah and I didn’t even make the list. | 我和萨拉都没上榜呢 |
[01:37] | You know, what I do at home is actually harder | 其实我在家里要做的事 |
[01:39] | than what I did at the law firm, | 比在律所还要难 |
[01:41] | but because I don’t make any dinero, | 但是在家不赚钱 |
[01:42] | it’s not considered a job. | 所以也不算是工作了 |
[01:44] | – Actually, I did just get a job. | 其实我刚找到工作 |
[01:46] | Yeah, it’s a mildly unethical one, but still… | 可能有点不道德 但是 |
[01:48] | – Oh, is unethical, like, | 不道德 |
[01:50] | a disqualifier for this school-project thing? | 是不是你在学校里负责判别人不合格什么的 |
[02:00] | – Twins finally go to sleep? – Yeah. | – 双胞胎终于睡着了 – 嗯 |
[02:02] | I just started telling them about what I did for a living. | 我刚才跟孩子讲我工作的内容 |
[02:03] | Put them right out. | 立马睡着了 |
[02:04] | – Still mad Kelvin didn’t pick you? | 还因为凯文不选你生气吗 |
[02:05] | – Nah, no, look. | 没有 是这样的 |
[02:07] | Sweetie, you see, being a novelist | 作为小说家 |
[02:09] | isn’t just cool. | 可不只是酷 |
[02:10] | It’s lit…erature. | 而且非常 文学 |
[02:13] | Literature. We’ll workshop that. | 文学 这个回头再跟你解释吧 |
[02:15] | And, yeah, I guess I’m a little over-sensitive about work. | 可能我对工作是有一点敏感吧 |
[02:18] | I’ve been stuck on the same stupid chapter for weeks. | 而且我卡在一个章节写不出来好几周了 |
[02:20] | – Honey, you’ve had writer’s block before. | 亲爱的 你也不是第一次卡壳 |
[02:22] | You always get through it, | 你总能有灵感的 |
[02:23] | but if you aren’t working anyway, | 但如果你反正现在也写不出来 |
[02:27] | could you watch the twins tomorrow | 明天要不你照顾孩子 |
[02:28] | so I can run some errands? | 我去办点事 |
[02:30] | – Actually, they say with writer’s block, | 其实卡壳的时候 |
[02:31] | the best thing to do is to kind of stay on task. | 最好的办法就是一直纠结下去 |
[02:33] | – Honey, I don’t need to know your whole process. | 亲爱的 你到底怎么写我不关心 |
[02:35] | Can you help out or not? | 你到底帮不帮我嘛 |
[02:37] | – Yeah, yeah. No, yeah. | 嗯 帮 答应你 |
[02:40] | – Great, thank you. – I can–yeah. | – 真好 谢谢你 – 我能 嗯 |
[02:46] | Your mom seemed a little annoyed, huh? | 你妈妈好像有点不耐烦哈 |
[02:48] | – She was just cooking dinner while folding laundry, | 她刚才一边做饭一边叠衣服 |
[02:51] | and then she had to ask you for help. | 你居然还坐着等她问你帮忙 |
[02:54] | – And now she’s changing two diapers. | 现在她去给两个孩子换尿布了 |
[02:57] | – You know what? You’re right, you’re right. | 说实话 你说得对 你说得对 |
[02:58] | Mom does so much around here. | 妈妈干的活太多了 |
[03:00] | I got to start helping out more. | 我也得多做点事 |
[03:04] | Honey, with puzzles, | 亲爱的 拼拼图的话 |
[03:05] | if you start with the corner pieces, | 如果你从四角开始拼 |
[03:06] | it makes it a lot easier– – Dad! | – 会简单很多 – 爸 |
[03:08] | – Okay, I’m helping. I’m helping, okay. | 知道了 我在干活呢 在干呢 |
[03:17] | One sec. | 稍等 |
[03:20] | – Okay, okay, just come here, just real quick. | 来 抱一个 很快 |
[03:24] | – Yep. Okay. | 嗯 好 |
[03:25] | – Time to let go, Sarah. | 该放手了 萨拉 |
[03:26] | – Just one more minute. I’m not ready. | 再稍等一会 我没准备好 |
[03:28] | – Sarah. | 萨拉 |
[03:29] | – Okay, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine. | 好吧 行行行 |
[03:31] | – I know Connor may not be the best mentor for Kelvin, | 我知道康纳也许并不是凯文最好的导师 |
[03:32] | but I’m picking him up at 4:30. | 但我四点半就来接他 |
[03:34] | How much damage can he do? | 康纳能坏多少事呢 |
[03:36] | Okay, 4:15. | 好吧 四点十五 |
[03:38] | – Okay, hey, buddy, | 记住啦小伙子 |
[03:39] | no matter what your uncle says, money is not the solution. | 不管你叔叔说什么 都不是解决问题的办法 |
[03:42] | It’s the problem. | 而是问题所在 |
[03:45] | Remember who you are. | 记住你是谁 |
[03:47] | – Okay. | 好的 |
[03:51] | – All right! | 来咯 |
[03:53] | Get to hang out at my home office on a school day? | 上学日居然来我的居家办公室玩 |
[03:55] | This is gonna rule ass. | 今天要爽死咯 |
[03:58] | Sorry. Rule butt. | 不好意思 爽翻咯 |
[03:59] | Hey, Kel, there’s some green juice in the kitchen. | 小凯 厨房里有青汁 |
[04:01] | You want to go knock back some anti-oxies? | 去喝一杯不 有抗氧化效果噢 |
[04:03] | – Yeah, I do. – Go knock them back, bud. | – 想啊 – 那就去抗氧化吧 |
[04:07] | – – What? | 干嘛 |
[04:09] | – Just please don’t send my son home saying, | 拜托别让我儿子今天跟你学会说什么 |
[04:12] | “Crushed it, bro.” | 干翻他咯 兄弟 |
[04:13] | – Okay, first off, | 首先 |
[04:15] | they’re saying “bruh” now. | 我们现在一般说兄嘚 |
[04:18] | Second, what the hell, bruh? | 其次 兄嘚你什么意思啊 |
[04:19] | Been super rude ever since Kelvin decided | 自从凯文觉得他想跟我一样后 |
[04:21] | he wanted to be just like me. | 你超级没礼貌呢 |
[04:22] | – Okay, I don’t know where you got that. | 我不知道你这话是从哪来的 |
[04:24] | That’s not at all what he said, so… | 他可没这么说 |
[04:25] | – Sarah, Connor’s generously sharing his time today. | 萨拉 今天康纳可是慷慨地奉献了自己的时间 |
[04:27] | – And my disciplined approach to market risk informed | 而且我应对市场风险的严格方法 |
[04:29] | by levelheaded financial analysis. | 可是经过稳健金融分析过 |
[04:31] | I’m not gonna corrupt your son. | 我不会腐化你儿子的 |
[04:33] | – So you just got a giant see-through house | 那你买下这样面朝大海的观景房 |
[04:35] | with ocean views by never doing anything shady? | 从来没做过任何见不得人的事 |
[04:37] | – That’s a bay, genius! | 那叫海湾 天才 |
[04:40] | We don’t live in “the Ocean Area”! | 我不是住在什么面朝大海的地方 |
[04:41] | – Now we’re yelling. – And you want to talk shady? | – 吵起来了 – 你还好意思说见不得人的事 |
[04:43] | You’re the one helping cat ladies cheat the system! | 帮助养猫女士玩弄体制的人是你吧 |
[04:45] | – Some of them are legitimately scared to dine alone. | 他们有人真的是被吓到孤独无依的 |
[04:48] | – Are they? – Some of them are! | – 是吗 – 有的人是的 |
[04:50] | – Okay, and now we’re calming down. | 好啦 现在冷静一下啦 |
[04:52] | Smell the flowers. Cool the soup. | 闻闻花香 降降火气 |
[04:54] | – What are you doing? – This is a breathing technique | – 你干啥呢 – 我学生里的二年级熊孩子 |
[04:56] | I use on my second-graders when they tantrum. | 经常逼我用这招呼吸 |
[04:58] | – Okay, there it is. | 就这样 |
[05:01] | All right, it’s time to go, Lulu. | 该走了 露露 |
[05:03] | – Okay, have fun exploiting the masses and raping the planet. | 祝你压榨人民 强奸地球的时候玩的开心 |
[05:06] | – Have a great day illegally prescribing Shar Peis! | 祝你非法开沙皮狗处方过得愉快噢 |
[05:08] | – I’ll pick him up by myself. | 我会自己去接他的 |
[05:11] | – Okay, mi’jita. Let’s go, school! | 走啦亲爱的 上学去了 |
[05:14] | Hey, thanks for taking the boys. | 谢谢你照顾儿子们 |
[05:15] | – Ah, no problem. Hey, you look good today. | 没事 你今天很漂亮 |
[05:17] | – How do I usually look? – Uh, no, no. | – 那我平时呢 – 额 不是 |
[05:20] | I’m just saying it’s been a long time since I’ve seen you | 我的意思是很久没见过你 |
[05:22] | with jewelry that you didn’t find in a Happy Meal. | 戴上珠宝 而且珠宝没有被孩子弄到开心乐园餐里去 |
[05:25] | Hey, I did the laundry, even though you didn’t ask me. | 对了 我洗了衣服 哪怕你没叫我去噢 |
[05:27] | – Camila, honey? | 卡米拉 亲爱的 |
[05:28] | Could you draw your daddy a gold medal? | 给你爸爸画一枚金牌吧 |
[05:30] | – Ha, ha, I deserve that. | 哈哈 我赢得的 |
[05:33] | But I just want you to know, | 不过我还是希望你知道 |
[05:34] | I’m gonna start stepping it up around here. | 以后我会多承担责任的 |
[05:36] | In fact, this is a list of everything | 其实呢 这上面就写着 |
[05:38] | that I am gonna take off your plate today. | 我今天要帮你做的事 |
[05:40] | I guess I could start by crossing off “do laundry.” | 我现在应该可以划掉 洗衣服咯 |
[05:42] | – Impressive! | 不错嘛 |
[05:44] | So you also did the four loads in the babies’ hamper? | 那孩子们整整四罗筐的脏衣服呢 |
[05:47] | – I wanted to save that for later. | 那个我想晚点弄 |
[05:49] | You know, give myself a little treat? | 算是奖励一下自己 |
[05:51] | – Okay, have a good day. Te quiero. Camila, vámonos! | 好 今天开心噢 我爱你 卡米拉 加油 |
[05:53] | – Love you! – Love you. | – 爱你 – 爱你 |
[05:59] | You know, the period after Dad kind of seems like a choice. | 好像完成照顾孩子的任务后的时光也不错呢 |
[06:01] | – Andele, get in the car. I’ll see you in there. | 安德莉 上车吧 我马上去 |
[06:09] | Hi. I’m running a few minutes late. | 嗨 我要迟到几分钟 |
[06:12] | Okay. Thank you so much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[06:15] | Do I use “permanent press” on the twins’ laundry? | 洗咱家双胞胎衣服能不能用”耐久定型”选项 |
[06:18] | Also, what is “permanent press”? | 对了 耐久定型到底是啥 |
[06:21] | You know what? I’m gonna figure it out myself. | 算了 我自己去查吧 |
[06:22] | So no problem. | 没事咯 |
[06:26] | – So what I do, Kelvin, | 我的工作呢 凯文 |
[06:28] | is a little thing I like to call private equity. | 我喜欢称之为 私募股权 |
[06:32] | Basically, I take money from my company, | 总的来说 我从我的公司里拿钱出来 |
[06:35] | put it into other companies to eventually make more money. | 投资到别的公司 赚更多钱 |
[06:39] | I also do a bit of, uh, venture cap, | 我也会进行一些 风险投资 |
[06:41] | bit of day trading– got it? | 一些日内交易 明白了吗 |
[06:43] | – I definitely got the part about more money. | 赚更多钱那部分我绝对听懂了 |
[06:46] | – That’s all you need to know. | 听懂这么多就够了 |
[06:48] | – Then why’s the diagram so complicated? | 那为啥图标这么复杂 |
[06:50] | – Because, Kelvin… scented markers. | 凯文啊 因为 香味马克笔啊 |
[06:53] | Yeah. The brown one’s root beer. | 嗯 棕色的是根治汽水味道 |
[06:55] | *Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m a boss now* | 现在我是老大了 |
[06:57] | *It’s in the way I walk ♪ – ♪ The way I walk* | 我走路的防市 走路的方式 |
[06:59] | – * I’m a boss now * | 我现在是老板了 |
[07:00] | * It’s in the way I talk * – * The way I talk * | 这是我说话的方式 我说话的方式 |
[07:02] | * I’m a boss now, dropping 50 grand, hey * | 我现在是老板了 花了五万美元 嘿 |
[07:05] | * I’m a boss now, bottles in my hand * | 我现在是老板了 手里拿着酒瓶 |
[07:07] | * Put another dub up in the record book * | 再录一次配音吧 |
[07:08] | * Bottom shook * | 动起来 |
[07:10] | * Freshest in the business, ooh, they got to look * | 行业里的新鲜血液 他们得看起来像 |
[07:12] | * Celebrating every day just because we getting paid * | 每天都要庆祝 因为我们得到了报酬 |
[07:15] | * Turning up and misbehave, go and get it, don’t hesitate * | 出现 不守规矩 去拿 不要犹豫 |
[07:17] | – Come on, you got to work with me here a little bit, man. | 拜托 你得配合我一下 伙计 |
[07:20] | Yeah, we can live with that. | 是的 我们可以接受 |
[07:24] | Pizza’s gonna be here in 20 minutes. | 披萨二十分钟后就到 |
[07:26] | – * Told them all about the new name * | 跟他们说了新名字的事 |
[07:35] | – These people need help, you’re gonna help them. | 这些人需要帮助 你得帮助他们 |
[07:37] | Hello, I’m Sarah. | 你好 我是萨拉 |
[07:39] | Hello, I’m Sarah. | 哈喽 我是萨拉 |
[07:43] | Hi, I’m Sarah. How are you today? | 嗨 我是萨拉 你今天过得怎么样 |
[07:45] | – I guess I’m not too great. | 我想我不是很好 |
[07:47] | I have terrible anxiety. | 我非常焦虑 |
[07:49] | So how often would you say | 你感到焦虑 |
[07:51] | that you suffer from your anxiety? | 这种情况有多久了 |
[07:53] | – I guess whenever I don’t have DeeDee by my side. | 我觉得迪迪不在我身边的时候我都会觉得焦虑 |
[07:56] | – Oh. Oh, DeeDee is a parrot. | 迪迪是一只鹦鹉啊 |
[07:59] | – DeeDee is a cockatiel. | 迪迪是一只澳洲鹦鹉 |
[08:01] | Are you even a therapist? | 你到底是不是心理医生啊 |
[08:03] | – It doesn’t always feel like it. | 被误解惯了 |
[08:08] | – Marina, you made it! | 玛琳娜 你来了 |
[08:10] | – Hi. I’m so sorry I’m late. | 嗨 抱歉我来迟了 |
[08:16] | 不急 | |
[08:18] | This will just be one moment. | 稍等一下 |
[08:20] | Husband problems, you know what I mean? | 老公那些事 你知道的 |
[08:22] | – My husband died two years ago. | 我老公两年前去世了 |
[08:24] | – I remembered that just as I said it. | 我说的时候就想起来了 |
[08:30] | – Perfect. | 完美 |
[08:33] | Boys, we got work to do. Hands in the middle. | 孩子们 我们有工作要做 手放上来 |
[08:38] | Come on, be a team player. | 来吧 要有团队精神 |
[08:41] | Okay, one’s good enough for me. And go! | 好吧 一个也行 开干吧 |
[08:48] | One, two. | 一 二 |
[08:49] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[08:52] | * What a mighty good man, gotta say it again now * | 真是个好人 我得再说一遍 |
[08:55] | * What a man, what a man, what a man * | 好人 好人 好人 |
[08:57] | * What a mighty good man * | 真是个好人 |
[08:59] | * He’s a mighty, mighty good man * | 他是一个多么好的人啊 |
[09:01] | * So here’s to the future * | 为未来干杯 |
[09:02] | * ‘Cause we got through the past * | 过去已经成为过去 |
[09:04] | * I finally found somebody that can make me laugh * | 我终于找到了能让我笑得人 |
[09:05] | – Yeah. | 不错 |
[09:07] | * You so crazy * | 你好疯狂 |
[09:09] | * I think I wanna have your baby * | 我想为你生孩子 |
[09:12] | * What a man, what a man, what a man * | 好人 好人 好人 |
[09:14] | * What a mighty good man * | 多么好的一个人啊 |
[09:16] | – Move Connor’s divorce back a chapter. | 康纳离婚这事放到下章讲 |
[09:18] | End that section with Tom asking for the loan. | 这张以汤姆请求贷款结束 |
[09:21] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:22] | Why didn’t I think about that sooner? | 我怎么没早点想到呢 |
[09:26] | Bon appétit! | 祝你们有好胃口 |
[09:28] | * What a man, what a man, what a man * | 男人 男人 男人 |
[09:31] | * What a mighty good man * | 多么好的一个人呐 |
[09:33] | * What a man, what a man, what a man * | 男人 男人 男人 |
[09:35] | * What a mighty good man * | 多么好的一个人啊 |
[09:36] | – So will one of these certificates | 那么这么多证书中能有一种 |
[09:38] | – cover multiple cats? – Uh, no. | – 可以通用的吗 – 没有 |
[09:40] | You need one certificate for each animal. | 每个动物都得需要一个证书 |
[09:42] | How–how many certificates do you need? | 你需要多少个证书 |
[09:45] | – I would– | 我得 |
[09:47] | I would have to count them. | 我得数一数 |
[09:49] | I’ll call you back. It’s gonna be a while. | 我再打给你 这得需要段时间 |
[09:51] | – Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[09:57] | Hi, Lulu. | 嗨 露露 |
[09:59] | – Hey, Lulu. How’s work? | 嗨 露露 工作怎么样 |
[10:01] | – Well, I learned a lot about iguanas. | 我学到了很多关于鬣蜥的知识 |
[10:03] | And I made $62 | 我还赚了62美元 |
[10:06] | after taxes. | 税后所得 |
[10:07] | – Ooh, yes! Bring home the bacon. | 不错啊 挣钱养家了呢 |
[10:09] | – Yeah. – Well, soy bacon for us. | – 是啊 – 多赚点 |
[10:11] | I picked up Shamiah, and now we are at Connor’s house. | 我去接沙米亚了 现在我们在康纳家 |
[10:14] | – Ah, great. Bring Kelvin home | 不错 在他被关进白领监狱之前 |
[10:16] | before he ends up in a white-collar prison. | 带凯文回家 |
[10:17] | – Well, at least he’ll have his own room there. | 至少他在那会有他自己的房间 |
[10:19] | – Okay, bye. – Okay, bye. | – 好了 拜拜 – 好 拜 |
[10:22] | Kel? Kel! | 凯 凯文 |
[10:25] | – Shh, Mom! | 嘘 妈妈 |
[10:26] | – No, Jerry, we had a verbal contract in place, | 不 杰瑞 我们可是口头约定过了 |
[10:30] | and now you’re getting scared on me. | 而现在你开始害怕了 |
[10:32] | – We’re trying to buy 40% of a tree care company, | 我们正试图收购一家植被护理公司40%的股份 |
[10:35] | but the owner wants to weasel out. | 但是老板想退出 |
[10:36] | – Do not make me the bad guy. | 别逼我当坏人 |
[10:38] | I swear to God, Jerry. | 我对天发誓 杰瑞 |
[10:40] | That’s funny, Jerry! | 真有趣 杰瑞 |
[10:42] | – I don’t know what you learned here today, | 我不知道你今天在这儿学到了什么 |
[10:44] | but that is not how we talk to people. | 但我们不能这样和别人说话 |
[10:45] | – What are you talking about? He’s got Jerry by the plugs! | 你在说什么 他在与杰瑞周旋 |
[10:48] | – No. – What? | – 不 – 什么 |
[10:49] | – Oh. God! | 天 |
[10:52] | He went down to 20. | 他减到了20% |
[10:53] | Slippery bastard! Hey, Denise. | 狡猾的混蛋 嘿 丹尼斯 |
[10:56] | – Hey, everything okay? – No. | – 嘿 一切还好吗 – 不好 |
[10:59] | I’ve tried everything with this guy–screaming, | 我试过所有方式对待这家伙 尖叫 |
[11:02] | yelling, shouting, I even raised my voice. | 吼 叫嚷 我甚至都提高了嗓门 |
[11:04] | – Ooh, yeah, I get it. | 是 我懂 |
[11:05] | I work with seven-year-olds all day. | 我整天都在和七岁的孩子打交道 |
[11:07] | You know what would work better than getting loud? | 你知道什么比大声嚷嚷更有效吗 |
[11:10] | – What? | 什么 |
[11:12] | – That is a really nice shirt on you–very flattering. | 你穿这件衬衫真好看 很讨人喜欢 |
[11:16] | – Thanks, I just got it. – Oh, it looks good, yeah. | – 谢谢 我刚买的 – 看起来真不错 |
[11:17] | Can I borrow your car next week? | 下周我可以借你的车吗 |
[11:19] | – Of course, yeah. | 当然可以 |
[11:21] | – Oh, being nice, yes! – Yeah. | – 懂了 友善点 对 – 是 |
[11:25] | – You want me to try that with Jerry? | 你想让我和杰瑞试试这种方式吗 |
[11:26] | – No, I don’t. – Hey, Jer, real quick– | – 不 不是 – 嘿杰瑞 很快的 |
[11:28] | I’m gonna put my operating partner on the phone, okay? | 我让我的运营伙伴和你说 好吗 |
[11:30] | – I’ve never really–I don’t– all: Mom, talk to Jerry! | – 我不是说 我不是 – 妈妈 接电话 |
[11:33] | – Hi, Jerry. This is Denise. | 嗨 杰瑞 我是丹尼斯 |
[11:34] | Sorry about my partner. | 为我的伙伴的行为跟你道个歉 |
[11:36] | Uh, he’s just so passionate about tree-care equipment, yes. | 他对植被护理公司太上心了 |
[11:41] | And I can tell you’re still upset. | 我看得出来你还在生气 |
[11:43] | Okay, let’s do some breathing, Jerry, okay? | 好了 我们来深呼吸 杰瑞 好吗 |
[11:45] | Smell the bread. | 吸气像是闻到了面包的香味 |
[11:46] | Blow the bubbles. | 呼气像是在吹泡泡一样 |
[11:47] | Good, Jerry. Good. | 不错 杰瑞 不错 |
[11:49] | You know, I had an uncle named Jerry. | 我有个叔叔也叫杰瑞 |
[11:51] | He was my favorite uncle. | 他是我最喜欢的叔叔 |
[11:52] | He used to call me “Niece Denise.” | 他以前叫我 侄女丹尼斯 |
[11:54] | – She doesn’t have an Uncle Jerry. | 她没有叔叔叫杰瑞啊 |
[11:56] | – You know, Jer-bear, I am on your side. | 杰瑞宝贝 我站你这边 |
[11:58] | Clearly we both love the environment. | 很显然 我们都热爱环境 |
[12:00] | That’s why we’re in the tree game, right? | 所以我们才来参与这个植被护理项目 对吧 |
[12:04] | So tell me what I got to do to get you to sell us 30%? | 告诉我要怎么做才能让你卖给我们30%呢 |
[12:07] | 60% 60%. Oh, oh. | |
[12:11] | Oh, you’ll go to 35 for Niece Denise? | 你要给侄女丹尼斯35%吗 |
[12:13] | Okay! I like hearing that. | 好的 我很开心听到你这么说 |
[12:16] | And now all we have to do is… | 现在我们要做的是 |
[12:19] | ribbon dance. | 签合同啊 |
[12:20] | Okay, it was good talking to you. Bye. | 好的 很高兴和你聊天 拜 |
[12:23] | – What? | 什么 |
[12:26] | – Wow! – Mom, that was amazing! | – 哇哦 – 妈妈 这也太酷了 |
[12:29] | – You crushed it, bruh! | 你把他拿下了 哥们 |
[12:31] | – Yeah! I crushed it, bruh! | 是啊 我把他拿下了 |
[14:27] | – Unrelated, you can prescribe barbiturates, right? | 跟这事无关哈 你可以开巴比妥类药物对吧 |
[14:29] | – Nope! – Uppers, downers? | – 不行 – 安非他命 镇定剂什么的 |
[14:31] | Betties, Veronicas? – Uh-uh. | – 什么都行 – 不行 |
[14:34] | – Hey, Lulu. | 嘿 露露 |
[14:36] | – Hey. Are you guys on your way home? | 嘿 你们已经在回家的路上了吗 |
[14:37] | – Uh, we may go late here. | 我们可能要晚点回 |
[14:39] | – We, go–go late? What? | 我们 晚回 说什么呢 |
[14:41] | – Oh, I have another call. How you doing? | 我要接另一个电话 你好啊 |
[14:44] | – Hi, Miss Sarah. – Lupe? | – 嗨 萨拉小姐 – 卢佩 |
[14:45] | – Connor needed Denise’s help | 康纳需要丹尼斯帮忙 |
[14:47] | with a Belgian crypto situation. | 解决一个比利时加密问题 |
[14:49] | – Okay, wait. I’m sorry. Denise is helping Connor? | 好吧 抱歉 丹尼斯在帮康纳吗 |
[14:52] | – Yes. Apparently she’s crushing it. | 嗯 她正在破解 |
[14:54] | – Lupe, I need more espresso! | 卢佩 再给我来点咖啡 |
[14:55] | Jean-Pierre, I know you’re Belgian, | 让-皮埃尔 我知道你在比利时 |
[14:57] | but you need to quit waffling on me. | 但是你不能再唠叨我了 |
[15:00] | – Okay, the perfect amount of mess. | 好吧 够乱了 |
[15:04] | Well, maybe one noodle more. | 也许再加点面条 |
[15:08] | – What are you doing? – Oh, boy. | – 你干什么呢 – 天哪 |
[15:09] | – You’re putting pasta on the wall? | 你是刚刚把意面扔墙上了吗 |
[15:14] | This is gonna sound crazy. | 我知道这听上去很疯狂 |
[15:15] | Well, you know what? Maybe you’re gonna love this. | 但你可能会喜欢上这个主意 |
[15:17] | I don’t know. Um, I got the house too clean. | 谁知道呢 我把屋子收拾的太干净了 |
[15:19] | I thought that might annoy you. Then I made it too dirty again. | 我想你可能会很反感 于是我想把它再弄得脏一点 |
[15:23] | I knew that would annoy you. Then I made it too clean again. | 但我想这事你也不喜欢 于是我又把屋子清洁了一边 |
[15:26] | – Where’s Camila? | 卡米拉在哪 |
[15:28] | Did you forget to pick her up? | 你是不是忘记接她了 |
[15:30] | – No. | 当然没有 |
[15:34] | On the plus side, I didn’t lose either of the twins, | 其实这也是件好事 这样我至少没把双胞胎弄丢一个 |
[15:36] | so, you know… | 所以 |
[15:38] | – Great. | 真好 |
[15:41] | – Vivek, we’ve been through this. | 维韦克 我们已经聊过这个了 |
[15:43] | Don’t we trust each other by now? | 我们现在不是应该彼此信任吗 |
[15:45] | – Yes, Denise. | 很好 丹尼斯 |
[15:47] | You led the horse to the water, now drown him! | 他已经上钩了 现在弄死他 |
[15:49] | – What is going on? – Shh! | – 到底怎么回事 – 嘘 |
[15:52] | – Leave while you still can. | 你最好离他们远点 |
[15:53] | – Oh, Vivek’s line of credit is almost up. | 维韦克的信用额度要用完了 |
[15:56] | He’s leveraged up the you-know-what. | 不知道他拿什么来平仓 |
[15:58] | – Go in for the kill, Mom! | 痛下杀手吧妈妈 |
[15:59] | – I don’t know what’s happening! | 我不知道发生什么了 |
[16:00] | – Okay, here’s what we’re gonna to do… | 听着 我是这么打算的 |
[16:02] | – Okay, enough. – Oh, Lulu, don’t– | – 够了 – 哦 露露 别 |
[16:04] | – Thank you, we’re not interested in your blood money. | 谢谢 我们对你的血腥钱不感兴趣 |
[16:06] | – No. | 不 |
[16:08] | – Sarah, that was for a company | 萨拉 那是一家 |
[16:10] | that gives micro-loans to women-owned businesses. | 专门给女性小企业者做贷款的公司 |
[16:13] | – Well, that’s not the point. What the hell is going on? | 这不是问题的关键 你们到底在干什么 |
[16:16] | – Well, I came to pick up Kelvin, | 我去接凯文 |
[16:17] | and Connor couldn’t close with Jerry. | 然后康纳和杰瑞没办法达成一致 |
[16:18] | And then he put me on the phone with Jerry. | 于是他让我跟杰瑞聊一下 |
[16:20] | And I got Jerry up to 35%, which is crazy! | 于是我跟杰瑞聊完帮他多赚了35%个点 厉害吧 |
[16:23] | – It’s crazy. – Crazy, can you believe that? | – 厉害 – 你能想得到吗 |
[16:24] | – No! – Mom! | – 不能 – 妈妈 |
[16:26] | It’s almost 9:00 a.m. in Tokyo. The Nikkei’s about to open! | 现在东京已经快9点了 日经指数马上就要开市了 |
[16:29] | – Nice, Kelvin. | 不错 凯文 |
[16:31] | – Connor, may I speak with you privately, please? | 康纳 我能跟你单独聊聊吗 |
[16:35] | Now, Connor! | 立刻 康纳 |
[16:37] | – Konnichiwa. Yes, how are you? | 喂 你好啊 |
[16:39] | – You know, I always thought Denise was a little soft, | 我一直以为丹尼斯有点太过温柔了 |
[16:42] | but now… | 但现在 |
[16:43] | she’s like the sister I always wanted. | 她简直就像是我想要有的那种姐姐 |
[16:45] | You know what I mean. | 你明白我什么意思哈 |
[16:47] | – Denise is soft. What did you do to them? | 丹尼斯就是很温柔 你对他们做了什么 |
[16:48] | – Weren’t you just saying you feel bad | 你不是一直说 因为丹尼斯赚钱付账单 |
[16:51] | because Denise is the only one who’s paying for anything? | 所以你一直觉得很内疚吗 |
[16:53] | Well, Shamiah just made 90 bucks shorting | 沙米亚刚刚沽空了一家荷兰 |
[16:56] | a Dutch biotech concern. | 生物制药公司 赚了90块 |
[16:58] | – I knew that you were gonna corrupt Kelvin, | 我知道你会腐化凯文 |
[17:00] | but now you went and corrupted my whole family. | 但现在你要把整个家庭都腐化掉吗 |
[17:02] | – Corrupt? – Yeah. | – 腐化 – 没错 |
[17:05] | Okay, I see, you think what I do | 好吧 我明白了 你认为我每天 |
[17:07] | for a living has nothing to do with you. | 用来营生的事跟你一点关系都没有是吧 |
[17:08] | – I should hope not. | 对 我希望没有关系 |
[17:09] | – Well, let me tell you something, Sarah. | 那我跟你说 萨拉 |
[17:11] | When I invest in a company like, say, | 当我投资一家公司 |
[17:13] | a mid-sized tree-care company, | 比说 一个中型的植被护理公司 |
[17:15] | that lowers the cost per unit of their equipment. | 就会降低他们每件设备的成本 |
[17:17] | Those savings get filtered all the way down | 这些节约出来的成本会从生产厂家 |
[17:19] | from the manufacturer to the consumer. | 流向最终消费者 |
[17:22] | And Americans, with a little more money in the bank, | 然后美国人银行里的存款 |
[17:24] | are far more likely to vote to fund social services, | 就更有可能投资于社会福利事业 |
[17:27] | services like your old job– | 比如像你原来的工作 |
[17:30] | the one where you got to help all those kids who needed it. | 那个你可以帮助很多有需要的孩子的工作 |
[17:33] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[17:35] | – Are you trying to do the cerulean blue speech | 你是在演《穿普拉达的恶魔》 |
[17:37] | from “Devil Wears Prada”? | 激情演讲的那段吗 |
[17:39] | – I thought I could slip that one by you. | 我以为你不会注意到呢 |
[17:40] | It’s a great movie, though, huh? | 不过那部电影挺好看的哈 |
[17:41] | – It’s a great movie. I’ve seen it 5,000 times. | 电影确实不错 我看了5000遍了 |
[17:43] | – I mean, there’s actors, and then there’s, like– | 里面有很多好演员 比如 |
[17:44] | – Meryl. – Meryl. | – 梅丽尔 – 梅丽尔 |
[17:45] | – I mean, come on. – Sarah. | – 多好看啊 – 萨拉 |
[17:53] | – Is he doing his homework? | 他在做作业呢吗 |
[17:55] | Hey, Kel, you’re already working on your report? | 嘿 凯文 你已经开始在写报告了吗 |
[17:58] | I thought you usually wait till the last minute on that stuff. | 我以为你会像以前那样一直等到最后一分钟才做呢 |
[18:01] | – Uncle Connor taught me | 康纳舅舅教了我 |
[18:02] | about the importance of determination and discipline. | 自律和决心的重要性 |
[18:05] | – That’s great, buddy! | 真不错 |
[18:07] | – He called them those sweet double Ds. | 他管这两样东西叫做甜蜜的双D |
[18:10] | – Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:11] | – I don’t think I said it like that. | 我不记得这么说过了 |
[18:12] | – Lulu, I’m sorry I got so carried away. | 露露 抱歉之前我有点忘乎所以了 |
[18:15] | It was just such a rush | 不过跟教二年级学生比起来 |
[18:16] | compared to teaching second graders. | 这实在是太刺激了 |
[18:18] | I mean, it’s not every day you make $85,000 | 毕竟 不是谁都能打个电话就 |
[18:20] | in one phone call. – You–what? | – 赚8万5千块的 – 你 什么 |
[18:22] | – I lost it five minutes later, but it was so much fun. | 虽然5分钟后我又亏了 但这真的挺有意思的 |
[18:25] | – You know what? It’s actually okay. | 其实这也没什么不好的 |
[18:28] | It’s kind of nice to being the level-headed one for once. | 偶尔作为家里头脑冷静的那个感觉还挺不错的 |
[18:29] | – Oh, yes, look at you! | 看你嘚瑟的 |
[18:31] | – Look at me! It probably won’t last long. | 看我啊 不过坚持不了多久 |
[18:33] | – Yeah, that makes sense. – But we tried. | – 没错 – 但至少我们试过了 |
[18:34] | – We did try. – We did. | – 没错 – 我们试过了 |
[18:39] | – Hi, everyone. | 好了 大家伙儿 |
[18:41] | Welcome to my report on “Connormetrics.” | 欢迎大家来听我的报告 康纳度量法 |
[18:46] | – I learned a lot today, | 今天我 |
[18:47] | both from my uncle and my moms. | 从舅舅和妈妈那学到了很多 |
[18:50] | My uncle taught me that it’s nice to get paid, | 我舅舅教我 有人买单是件不错的事 |
[18:52] | but my moms taught me that it pays to be nice. | 但我妈妈教我 好人终会有好报 |
[18:57] | To be clear, I mean paid both spiritually | 这里我要澄清一下 这里的买单和好报 |
[18:59] | and in that sweet, sweet cash. | 指的分别是精神和物质上的 |
[19:03] | – I’m so proud of him. | 我真为他骄傲 |
[19:04] | – So, uh, let me try to understand | 好吧 让我来理解一下 |
[19:06] | what was happening today. | 今天到底发生了什么 |
[19:08] | – It’s simple, really. You married an insane person. | 很简单 你嫁给了一个精神病 |
[19:10] | – Yeah. | 我看出来了 |
[19:12] | – Look, I was worried that I wasn’t doing enough to help, | 我一开始担心自己没有帮到家里 |
[19:14] | so I did way too much, and then I tried to undo it, | 所以我干了很多活 然后我又想翻篇重新来过 |
[19:16] | and I did way too little, but, uh… | 于是我又开始祸害屋子 但是 |
[19:18] | Look, I just– I saw that you were upset, | 我看到你生气了 |
[19:21] | and I probably should have asked why. | 我应该问你原因的 |
[19:23] | – Yeah, that would have been a good idea. | 嗯 这主意不错 |
[19:26] | – I wasn’t running errands today. | 我今天没有去帮忙办事 |
[19:28] | I stopped by my old law firm. | 我去原来的律所了 |
[19:32] | – Remember when everyone was arguing | 你还记得大家都在讨论 |
[19:34] | about who Kelvin should pick, whose job was the coolest? | 该谁去接凯文 谁的工作最酷之类的吗 |
[19:37] | Nobody even mentioned me. | 都没有人提到过我 |
[19:39] | It’s like no one thinks of what I do as a job | 好像大家都不记得我是做什么工作的 |
[19:41] | or even remembers I used to be a lawyer. | 甚至没人记得我原来是个律师 |
[19:43] | – I mean, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:44] | I didn’t pick up on that. | 我倒是没有怎么介意 |
[19:46] | – It made sense for me to stay at home | 你的事业刚起步 那时我又精疲力尽 |
[19:47] | when your career was taking off and I was burnt out. | 所以当时留在家照顾孩子们似乎是个不错的选择 |
[19:50] | Now it’s been three years, | 可现在过去三年了 |
[19:52] | and, I mean, it’s been great, | 虽然这三年我感觉不错 |
[19:54] | but also sometimes not. | 但有时候也觉得不太好 |
[19:57] | – Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:58] | You want to go back to work at the firm? | 你想再回到律所去工作是吗 |
[20:00] | – God, no. I mean, I thought I did. | 不是 我以为我想呢 |
[20:03] | At first, I was excited to put on business casual | 一开始 我很激动 穿上商务便装 |
[20:05] | and see old friends, | 去见些老朋友 |
[20:07] | but then I remembered the 16-hour days, | 然后我就回想起一天工作16个小时 |
[20:09] | the office politics, and creepy Gary, | 办公室政治还有那个吓人的盖瑞 |
[20:12] | who always offered me a bite of his sub. | 总是邀请我尝他的吃的 |
[20:15] | – I might be ready to go back to work, but, uh, not there. | 我虽然是想回去工作 但不想再回到原来的律所了 |
[20:18] | Also, I asked, and they’re not hiring. | 而且我也问过了 他们现在没有职位给我 |
[20:22] | Well, look, whatever you want to do, I’m here to help, okay? | 好吧 不管你想做什么 我都会支持你的 |
[20:24] | I mean, really help, not destroy our entire house. | 我是说 真的支持 帮忙 而不是毁了整个家 |
[20:27] | – Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:29] | You know, we shouldn’t hide things from each other. | 我们不该彼此隐瞒 |
[20:31] | – Absolutely. I might have broken the washing machine. | 没错 我可能把洗衣机弄坏了 |
[20:33] | – Sometimes I say I’m taking a shower, | 有时候我说去冲凉 |
[20:35] | but then I just get my hair a little wet, | 但其实我只是把头发弄湿了一点 |
[20:37] | and I go to sleep on the bath mat. | 然后就在浴室防滑垫上睡着了 |
[20:39] | – Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[20:41] | Mwah, mwah. | 么么哒 |
[20:44] | – You broke the washing machine? | 你把洗衣机弄坏了 |
[20:48] | – Kelvin’s report was fantastic. | 凯文的报告简直太赞了 |
[20:50] | – Yeah, as a writer, I was impressed. | 作为一个作家 我都觉得很不错 |
[20:51] | Although the recap of “The Wolf of Wall Street” | 不过对于《华尔街之狼》这段的重述 |
[20:53] | was more graphic than I expected. | 有点太形象了 |
[20:54] | – Yeah. – Oh, yeah, that was… | – 嗯 – 那段是 |
[20:57] | – Oh! Lupe, you baked? | 卢佩 你烤蛋糕了吗 |
[20:59] | – Yes, and I made a box | 是啊 然后我还做了个盒子 |
[21:01] | and put a sticker of the bakery on it. | 又在盒子外面贴了个面包店的标签 |
[21:03] | – It’s from me. I-I bought a pie. | 是我买的派 |
[21:05] | – Oh, Sarah, that’s so sweet. | 哦 萨拉 你可真好人 |
[21:07] | – Yep, I used the $47 that I made | 我帮一个26岁的有钱小姑娘 |
[21:09] | helping a rich 26-year-old take her bulldog | 让她的斗牛犬参加了播客实习 |
[21:11] | to a podcasting internship. | 赚到了47块钱 |
[21:13] | – All right. – Yeah. | – 好吧 – 嗯 |
[21:15] | – Hey, are you gonna conference me in | 嘿 如果杰瑞再打过来的话 |
[21:17] | if Jerry ever calls again? | 你可以让我一起参加讨论吗 |
[21:19] | Because I feel like I can wring | 因为我觉得我还能从里面 |
[21:20] | another 2% of blood out of that stone. | 再挤出2%的利润来 |
[21:22] | – Denise, you’re starting to freak me out. | 丹尼斯 你这是要把我搞疯啊 |