时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:05] | Oh, hi, Ohio. | 噢嗨 俄亥俄 |
[00:06] | I’m Victoria Chase. | 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[00:08] | And this exceedingly handsome blue-eyed gentleman is Dave… | 这位蓝色眼睛帅气逼人的绅士是达夫… |
[00:12] | – Selleck. – Selleck. | -塞莱克 -塞莱克 |
[00:13] | Yes, head of the Community Gardens Project. | 社区苗圃项目的负责人 |
[00:16] | We’re taking abandoned downtown real estate | 我们利用废弃的市区建筑物 |
[00:18] | and using it to teach inner-city kids what it takes to grow food. | 来教育城区孩子 盘中餐得来粒粒皆辛苦 |
[00:22] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[00:24] | Now I don’t know if you’re familiar with my reporting, | 不知你是否熟悉我的主持风格 |
[00:26] | but I’m rather famous for saying what the viewers are thinking. | 我以能说出观众的心声而见长 |
[00:30] | And clearly, what the viewers are thinking is… | 很明显 观众正在想着 |
[00:33] | “Do you ever have the urge to remove your flannel shirt?” | “你有没有想脱掉你的法兰绒衬衫的冲动” |
[00:37] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[00:38] | Well, you know, like you’re out on a tractor | 比如说你正开着拖拉机 |
[00:40] | and the sun is beating down on your powerful shoulders, | 火辣辣的太阳晒在你那坚实的肩膀上 |
[00:44] | and you know, you’re kind of slick with man sweat, | 男性汗水挥洒如雨 |
[00:46] | and you think, “Ah, what the heck?” and you just whip it off? | 于是你就想着 “管它呢” 然后你就脱了 |
[00:51] | Uh, no. | 没想过 |
[00:53] | You ought to try it some time. | 你应该找个机会试试 |
[00:56] | Oh, you certainly do have a green thumb. | 你真是有双园艺巧手 |
[01:00] | And no wedding ring. | 且没有结婚戒指 |
[01:03] | Try one of our cherry tomatoes. | 试试我们的圣女果 |
[01:04] | Oh, I would love to. | 非常愿意 |
[01:18] | I like that. | 我很喜欢 |
[01:22] | And so will you, Cleveland. | 克利夫兰的观众们肯定也会喜欢的 |
[01:24] | Well, this is a very single Victoria Chase. | 单身维多利亚·蔡斯为您带来的报道 |
[01:28] | Saying back to you… | 镜头交回给 |
[01:29] | Black anchorman, or is it the Chinese guy at noon? | 黑人新闻主播 还是午间新闻的华裔主播 |
[01:32] | I can never keep them straight. | 我总是分不清 |
[01:35] | All right, kids, start heading back to the bus. | 孩子们 回到车上去吧 |
[01:37] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就来 |
[01:40] | Well, thank you, Dave. | 谢谢你 达夫 |
[01:41] | I’m sorry that the segment was so short, | 对不起 报道这么简短 |
[01:42] | I know that I wanted more. | 我知道自己想听更多 |
[01:45] | Well, if you’d like, we could talk some more over lunch. | 如果你愿意 我们可以边吃午饭边聊 |
[01:48] | I mean, you’re probably too busy. | 不过你可能很忙吧 |
[01:49] | No, no, no. I’m not busy at all. | 不不不 我一点都不忙 |
[01:52] | Run along little children. | 快走吧 小孩子 |
[01:54] | Oh, no. Those two are mine. | 不 这两个是我的孩子 |
[01:56] | That’s Marcus and Annabelle. | 马库斯和安娜贝尔 |
[01:58] | Do you mind if they join us? | 不介意他们跟我们一起吃吧 |
[02:01] | No. | 不介意 |
[02:02] | Great. I’ll be right back. | 太好了 我马上就来 |
[02:06] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[02:08] | We don’t like you. | 我们讨厌你 |
[02:10] | You’re going down, lady. | 到时候有你受的 大妈 |
[02:15] | Hey, dad, is that your new hoe? | 爸爸 这是你的新锄头吗[荡妇] |
[02:21] | Honey, this is a pitchfork. | 宝贝 这是草耙 |
[02:23] | Looks like a hoe to me. | 我觉得是个锄头[荡妇] |
[02:37] | His kids are absolute monsters. | 他的孩子绝对是魔婴投胎 |
[02:39] | But then, I can be a bit of an acquired taste. | 不过 我不太属于见面就熟的类型 |
[02:42] | Sometimes people don’t like me right off the bat. | 有时候别人不会一见面就喜欢我 |
[02:45] | Or six months later. | 半年后也不见得喜欢 |
[02:49] | Well, Dave likes me. | 达夫喜欢我 |
[02:51] | And we have a date tomorrow night sans rug rats. | 我们明晚有约会 不带拖油瓶 |
[02:54] | I don’t care how hot he is, | 我不管他长得有多帅 |
[02:56] | I could never date a do-gooder. | 热心公益的空想家我都没兴趣 |
[02:57] | They’re always so into nature. | 他们都那么喜欢大自然 |
[02:59] | And eventually, that leads to camping. | 导致的结果就是露营 |
[03:02] | Then next thing you know, | 你还没回过神来 |
[03:03] | you’re doing that walk of shame into the woods | 就已经面带愧色地走进树林 |
[03:05] | with a rough brown roll of eco-friendly toilet paper. | 手里拿着一卷粗糙的褐色环保厕纸 |
[03:09] | You know, just to play devil’s advocate, | 反过来想 |
[03:11] | there could be a good side to helping people. | 帮助人也许对你有益处 |
[03:13] | Doing some community service | 做些社区服务工作 |
[03:14] | could help you get your green card. | 没准对拿绿卡有利 |
[03:16] | Like, look. There’s a whole section here on volunteer opportunities. | 看 这里一大版都是招募义工 |
[03:19] | How about this one? “Teenagers…” | 这个如何 “青少年…” |
[03:20] | Don’t like ’em, can’t help ’em. | 不喜欢 帮不了 |
[03:23] | All right, what about this one? | 好吧 那这个怎么样 |
[03:25] | – “At risk…” – Nope. | -“于危险中…” -算了 |
[03:25] | Don’t like the direction that’s heading. | 这个词后面准没好事 |
[03:28] | Do you wanna get your green card or not? | 你到底还要不要绿卡啊 |
[03:30] | Well, I do, but does it have to involve people? | 要啊 难道非得拉人搅和吗 |
[03:32] | Because I have to say, I’m not a fan. | 实话实说 我不乐意跟人打交道 |
[03:36] | Well, how about reading to the blind? | 为盲人读书怎么样 |
[03:38] | You have the perfect face for it. | 你长成这样不去太浪费了 |
[03:45] | Max says he’s sending me a surprise from Florida. | 麦克斯说从佛罗里达州给我发了个惊喜 |
[03:48] | I still think you should’ve gone down there with him. | 我还是觉得你应该和他一起去 |
[03:50] | Florida was cool when the seniors first discovered it, | 老祖宗当初发现佛州时 是挺不错的 |
[03:53] | but now it’s too much of a scene. | 现在被搞旅游的过度开发了 |
[03:55] | But it’s so nice and warm. | 可那里好舒服好温暖 |
[03:58] | Warm in winter is unnatural. | 温暖的冬天是不符合自然规律的 |
[04:01] | Oh, I know! We could volunteer at the Senior Center. | 我知道了 我们可以去老年中心做义工 |
[04:03] | No way, old people are the worst. | 不去 老年人最难打交道了 |
[04:06] | Present company included. | 包括眼前这位 |
[04:10] | You’ll just cramp my style anyway. | 反正你去了也只会给我添乱 |
[04:12] | Well, in that case, Senior Center it is. | 既然如此 就去老年中心吧 |
[04:17] | – Hey. – Surprise! | -你好啊 -惊喜 |
[04:18] | Max! You came back. | 麦克斯 你回来了 |
[04:21] | Not for long. I just came back to get you, | 不会待太久 我只是回来接你 |
[04:24] | a couple of bottles of stadium mustard, | 再带上几瓶特产芥末酱 |
[04:26] | and to take you back with me. | 我要你和我一起去 |
[04:28] | Darling, we discussed this. | 亲爱的 我们说好了的 |
[04:30] | Elka, I can’t be alone in Florida. | 爱尔卡 我没法一个人待在佛州 |
[04:32] | The women are all over me. | 那里的女人缠着我不放 |
[04:33] | I’m like a cheeto in a flock of seagulls. | 我就是诱人的芝士条 她们是群饥饿的海鸥 |
[04:38] | Well, can’t you just tell them you’re engaged? | 告诉她们你订婚了不就行了吗 |
[04:40] | Of course. | 当然说了 |
[04:40] | But to them, “engaged” means “grab him while you can.” | 但她们眼中订婚意味着「趁最后的机会把他抢走」 |
[04:44] | But my trial. | 可我还得上庭 |
[04:45] | We’ll come back for your trial. | 你上庭时我们回来就行了 |
[04:47] | Clevelanders would never acquit somebody with a tan. | 晒成健康肤色 在克利夫兰难逃法网啊 |
[04:51] | That’s true. | 这倒是 |
[04:52] | So I’ll stay here with you. | 那我留下来陪你 |
[04:53] | I’ll… I’ll winter in Cleveland. | 我就 我就享受克利夫兰的冬天好了 |
[04:58] | – Can I take your coat? – Sure, in June. | -需要我帮你脱下外套吗 -当然 六月时脱 |
[05:05] | That was absolute hell. | 真是活见鬼了 |
[05:07] | I can’t believe how rude and annoying those old people were. | 真不敢相信那些老家伙这么无礼这么烦 |
[05:12] | “Where’s my pudding?” “You’re too slow.” | “我的布丁呢” “你动作太慢啦” |
[05:16] | Well, I love the faces of old people. | 我喜欢老人家沧桑的脸 |
[05:18] | Every wrinkle tells a story. | 每道皱纹都有个故事 |
[05:20] | Yes, and the moral of the story is… | 没错 故事的寓意就是 |
[05:21] | “Wear sunscreen”. | “要擦防晒霜” |
[05:26] | They’re killing me. | 他们真是烦死我了 |
[05:27] | – What? – Dave’s kids. | -什么 -达夫的孩子 |
[05:30] | We were just about to go out to dinner | 我们正准备出去吃晚餐 |
[05:31] | when his little girl suddenly had “a tummy ache.” | 他的宝贝女儿突然”肚肚痛” |
[05:34] | I mean, just the use of the word “tummy,” | 她居然用”肚肚”这个词 |
[05:36] | it is so manipulative. | 真会耍手段 |
[05:38] | Maybe she was really sick. | 可能她真的病了 |
[05:40] | Oh, please. I know bad acting when I see it. | 得了吧 烂演技我一眼就能看穿 |
[05:43] | She was all doubled over, and moaning, | 她就是蜷成一团 哼哼 |
[05:46] | and rocking back and forth. | 前后摇晃 |
[05:47] | It was pure community theatre. | 也就是社区剧院的水平 |
[05:51] | Oh, god, I really want this to work. | 天呐 我真的希望能跟他发展下去 |
[05:54] | Do you know that I talked on the phone with Dave | 你们知道我昨晚和达夫通电话 |
[05:55] | last night for three hours? | 聊了三个小时吗 |
[05:57] | You both talked? | 他也有说话吗 |
[05:59] | Yes. | 当然 |
[06:01] | Wow, this is really serious. | 看来你是来真格的 |
[06:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:04] | You know, I actually think I like this guy. | 我真的觉得自己喜欢他 |
[06:07] | I mean, I’ve been in love before, and in lust… | 我以前爱过 也曾经历纯粹的身体吸引 |
[06:11] | But I realized I have never really liked a man. | 可我意识到自己还没有喜欢过一个男人 |
[06:16] | Well, his kids are obviously his soft spot, | 很显然他的孩子是他的弱点 |
[06:17] | so you just gotta win them over. | 你赢得孩子的心就行了 |
[06:19] | No, you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[06:20] | Okay, I’ll take them out to dinner, my treat. | 我要带他们出去吃晚餐 我请客 |
[06:22] | I mean, they just have to see me | 他们会发现我 |
[06:24] | as kind, and sweet, and nurturing, and sincere, | 和蔼可亲 温柔贴心 母爱爆棚 真心诚意 |
[06:29] | I’ll show those amateurs what real acting is. | 让那两个稚嫩小鬼见识下真正的演技 |
[06:34] | I hope you have better luck feeding your hellions than we did with ours. | 希望你在喂饱讨厌鬼的时候 运气比我们好 |
[06:36] | Oh, how was the Senior Center? | 老年中心怎么样 |
[06:38] | – It was great. – Disgusting. | -很好 -很恶心 |
[06:41] | The only bad part was | 唯一不好的就是 |
[06:43] | the food we were serving them was so unhealthy. | 他们吃的太不健康了 |
[06:45] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[06:47] | I mean, I understand giving healthy food to kids | 我理解孩子们需要吃得健康 |
[06:49] | because they have a future, but those people… | 因为孩子有光明的未来 可这些老家伙… |
[06:54] | They need healthier choices. | 他们需要有更健康的选择 |
[06:56] | And you know what, we could prepare meals for them. | 知道吗 我们可以为他们准备食物 |
[06:58] | Oh, wait, and then I could do a segment on it, on Oh, hi, Ohio. | 我可以在《噢嗨 俄亥俄》中报道这个 |
[07:01] | That’s a great idea! | 好主意 |
[07:02] | And then you would have video documentation of your good deeds… | 这样一来你做好事就有电视为证 |
[07:04] | perfect for the I.N.S. | 移民局肯定会对你宽大处理的 |
[07:07] | There is something very American about doing good deeds | 好像美国佬是很热衷于做好事 |
[07:09] | to get superficial media coverage. | 以争取肤浅的媒体报道 |
[07:15] | Elka, what are you doing with ice skates? | 爱尔卡 你拿着溜冰鞋做什么 |
[07:17] | Well, since I convinced Max to stay for the winter, | 既然我说服麦克斯留下过冬 |
[07:20] | I need to show him you can have a good time in this weather. | 我要让他知道这种天气也可以玩得很开心 |
[07:24] | Wow, that’s a really athletic activity. | 这个活动可是需要相当的运动神经 |
[07:26] | – Isn’t Max a little too.. – Jewish? | -麦克斯是不是有点太… -犹太化 |
[07:32] | I was gonna say old, but that works too. | 我本来想说”老” 犹太化也行 |
[07:35] | Well, the way I figure, he’ll have a good time | 反正我琢磨着 要么他就玩得开心 |
[07:38] | or he’ll break a hip. | 要么就摔烂屁股 |
[07:40] | Either way, he stays here! | 不管怎样 他会留下 |
[07:50] | Well, I guess your father is having a tough time finding a parking spot. | 看来你们的父亲找车位找得不太顺利 |
[07:57] | Ah, your sodas. | 汽水来了 |
[07:59] | Are you an alcoholic? | 你是酒鬼吗 |
[08:03] | Damn. | 他妈的 |
[08:03] | You said a bad word. | 你说了脏话 |
[08:05] | Yes, but for red wine on a silk shirt, | 没错 但对于红酒洒在丝质衬衫上 |
[08:07] | I showed remarkable restraint. | 我已经表现出了惊人的自制力 |
[08:10] | Where’s our dad? | 我爸去哪里了 |
[08:12] | Well, he’ll be coming along soon. | 他很快就会来了 |
[08:14] | While we’re waiting, | 趁着等待的时间 |
[08:14] | auntie Victoria has a little something for you. | 维姨要把准备的小礼物送给你们 |
[08:18] | Here is the complete box set | 这是我主演的电视剧 |
[08:20] | of season 27 of my show Edge of Tomorrow. | 《明日边缘》全27季盒装版DVD |
[08:24] | In discs 15 to 20, I did some very fine step-mothering. | 15碟至20碟里 我可是位非常有爱的继母 |
[08:28] | Now they were ghost children, but they loved me dearly. | 虽说他们是魔鬼小孩 但他们非常爱我 |
[08:32] | Sorry I took so long. | 抱歉花了这么长时间 |
[08:34] | Oh, well, we were having a marvelous time getting to know each other. | 我们在互相了解 相处得非常愉快 |
[08:37] | So, everybody hungry? | 你们饿了吗 |
[08:39] | Damn hungry. | 他妈的很饿了 |
[08:41] | Marcus, what kind of language is that? | 马库斯 怎么能说这种话 |
[08:43] | She taught it to me. | 她教我的 |
[08:46] | Daddy, I’m not a little bitch, am I? | 爸爸 我不是小贱人 对吗 |
[08:56] | Okay, Joy, taste this vegetarian chili. | 乔依 尝尝这个素食辣椒烧肉 |
[08:57] | Instead of meat, and oil, and salt, | 没有肉 没有油和盐 |
[09:00] | I’ve loaded it up with real healthy herbs. | 我放了有利于健康的草药 |
[09:05] | That’s a hot, wet garden, all right. | 很烫很黏乎的杂草汤 不错 |
[09:07] | Look, I spoke to my immigration lawyer, | 我跟我的移民律师谈过了 |
[09:09] | and you were right. | 你说得对 |
[09:10] | Being on Victoria’s show and doing a good deed | 做好事上维多利亚的节目 |
[09:12] | could really help me get my green card. | 对我拿绿卡相当有帮助 |
[09:14] | But that’s not gonna happen | 但如果她拍下的是 |
[09:15] | if she films a bunch of old people spitting out | 一帮老家伙把这难吃的 |
[09:18] | this tasteless slop into their napkins. | 泔水吐在餐巾里 这事就黄了 |
[09:20] | It’s not slop. I think the seniors will love it. | 才不是泔水 老人家会喜欢的 |
[09:23] | Melanie, they’re not like people from L.A. | 梅兰妮 他们和洛杉矶人不同 |
[09:26] | They live openly as old people. | 他们活出了老人样儿 |
[09:31] | And real old people like to punctuate their naps with bacon, and pie, | 真正的老人家喜欢在打瞌睡之余吃些培根 馅饼 |
[09:34] | and what this country is mysteriously proud | 以及这个国家莫名其妙自豪地 |
[09:37] | to call American cheese. | 称之为”美国芝士”的东西 |
[09:40] | Well, it’s gonna be delicious. | 会很好吃的 |
[09:41] | Now stir it before the tofu gets clammy. | 在豆腐黏糊前赶紧搅 |
[10:05] | Delicious. | 好吃 |
[10:09] | Oh, did you knit those for Max? | 给麦克斯织的吗 |
[10:10] | Yes. Try them on, Joy. | 是的 试下 乔依 |
[10:13] | You’re the only one here with man hands. | 这里就只有你长着男性化大手 |
[10:16] | I do not have man-hands. | 我没有男性化大手 |
[10:20] | Oh, yeah, they do seem to fit perfectly. | 挺好 看起来非常合适 |
[10:22] | Oh, they’ll be a little big for Max, but they’ll do. | 麦克斯戴大了点 勉强凑合吧 |
[10:28] | What’s that stuff? | 这是什么 |
[10:29] | It’s mock macaroni and cheese. | 这是仿芝士通心粉 |
[10:31] | And the beauty of it, there’s no macaroni and no cheese. | 妙就妙在 即没有通心粉也没有芝士 |
[10:33] | Yes, nothing ruins macaroni and cheese | 是啊 加进芝士和通心粉 |
[10:36] | like macaroni and cheese. | 只会坏掉一锅芝士通心粉 |
[10:47] | Now you’re getting with the program, | 你终于肯合作啦 |
[10:48] | putting some elbow grease into it. | 贡献出力量 |
[10:50] | Elbow grease. Yes. | 手肘的力量 没错 |
[10:55] | How’d it go with the kids? | 和孩子们处得怎么样 |
[10:56] | Oh, I underestimated them. | 我低估了他们 |
[10:58] | Oh, they are good actors. They are real good. | 他们可会演戏了 演技一流 |
[11:01] | They managed to undermine me every step of the way. | 他们策划好一步步拆我的台 |
[11:03] | Very Method. | 很会用方法派演技 |
[11:06] | Well, you got two options. | 你有两个选择 |
[11:08] | You either find a way to get them to like you, | 要么就找到方法让他们喜欢你 |
[11:10] | or you break up with him. | 要么只能分手 |
[11:12] | Wait. | 等等 |
[11:14] | Maybe there’s a third option. | 也许有第三个选择 |
[11:16] | I have a plan. | 我想到个计划 |
[11:17] | The ghost children on Edge of Tomorrow could not rest | 《明日边缘》里的魔鬼小孩不愿安息 |
[11:20] | until they lived full-time with their ghost mother. | 直到他们和鬼妈妈整天在一起 |
[11:24] | Well, who can argue with a plan | 以”魔鬼小孩”起头的计划 |
[11:27] | that starts with “The ghost children”? | 真是让人”无法辩驳” |
[11:32] | And when I found out you were dating my ex-husband, | 我发现你在和我前夫约会时 |
[11:34] | I thought, “Oh, my god, I’m such a big fan.” | 我就想 “天啊 我可是她的忠实粉丝” |
[11:38] | And then he said you wanted to meet me | 然后他告诉我你想见我 |
[11:40] | and I felt so intimidated. | 我感觉好害怕 |
[11:41] | No, no, don’t feel intimidated. | 不不 没必要害怕 |
[11:44] | I mean, sure, I have awards, | 当然了 我得奖不少 |
[11:47] | and millions of adoring fans, | 崇拜我的粉丝更是不计其数 |
[11:49] | and I have been the clue in several TV Guide crossword puzzles… | 我还屡次成为《电视指南》里字谜游戏的提示 |
[11:53] | But don’t think of me as “TV’s blank Chase.” | 别把我想成”电视明星 空白 蔡斯” |
[11:56] | Just think of me as another person. | 把我想成一般人就行 |
[11:58] | Almost like you. | 几乎和你差不多 |
[12:01] | So why did you wanna meet me? | 你为什么想见我呢 |
[12:03] | Because I wanted to meet the woman who raised Michael. | 我想认识将迈克尔抚养长大的女人 |
[12:05] | – Marcus. – And Amanda. | -是马库斯 -还有阿曼达 |
[12:07] | – Annabelle. – Delightful children. | -是安娜贝尔 -讨人喜欢的孩子 |
[12:09] | So… inventive. | 非常具有 创造力 |
[12:12] | And they love you so much. They cry for you, you know? | 他们非常爱你 他们因为想你而哭泣 |
[12:15] | – They cry for me? – Oh, constantly. | -他们因为想我而哭泣 -经常的事 |
[12:18] | I mean, it must be so difficult for you, sharing custody | 你一定很难过吧 共享监护权 |
[12:20] | and knowing how much they suffer when you’re not around. | 明知你不在他们身边时 他们在遭罪 |
[12:24] | You know, I have two children of my own… | 我自己也有两个孩子 |
[12:25] | Oh, I read you had three. | 我看报道说你有三个孩子 |
[12:28] | I’m an artist, | 我是个艺术家 |
[12:29] | so I’m not very good with numbers. | 所以数字方面不是很在行 |
[12:31] | The point is that | 重点是 |
[12:32] | when a child falls and slices open his shin, | 如果孩子摔得皮开肉绽 |
[12:35] | the dad’s will say, “Oh, walk it off.” | 当爹的会说 “忍着 过下就好” |
[12:37] | You know, blood gushing everywhere, | 血喷得到处都是 |
[12:38] | “Oh, go rub some dirt on it.” | “擦点土在上面就行了” |
[12:40] | But that’s why a mom needs to be there | 所以孩子身边才需要有妈妈 |
[12:41] | all the time with… oh, what is the word? | 一直陪着 怎么说的来着 |
[12:46] | Full custody. | 完整监护权 |
[12:50] | 75 in Boca, nice. | 波卡24度 不错 |
[12:54] | 75 in Saint Pete, nice. | 圣皮特24度 不错 |
[12:56] | Uh-oh, it’s only 73 in Delray. | 达拉瑞只有23度 |
[13:00] | Poor bastards. | 烂地方 |
[13:01] | You’re miserable here, aren’t you? | 你在这里痛不欲生 对吗 |
[13:04] | On the one hand, I could never be miserable | 一方面 和你在一起时 |
[13:06] | when I’m with you. | 永远不会痛不欲生 |
[13:08] | On the other hand, yes. | 另一方面 是的 |
[13:11] | Oh, Max, I can’t do this to you anymore, | 麦克斯 我不能再让你遭罪了 |
[13:14] | it’s just too cold for you in Cleveland. | 克利夫兰的冬天对你来说太冷了 |
[13:16] | So come back to Florida with me. | 那就和我一起去佛州吧 |
[13:18] | My late wife loved it there. We had such fun. | 我故去的妻子很喜欢那里 我们很开心 |
[13:21] | As we will too! | 我们也会很开心的 |
[13:22] | It’s just not for me. But you go. | 那里不适合我 你去吧 |
[13:26] | – But Elka… – No. | -可是爱尔卡 -别说了 |
[13:28] | I’m setting you free. | 我给你自由了 |
[13:30] | So…spread your wings | 所以 张开双翅 |
[13:33] | and fly South, my old snowbird. | 往南飞吧 我的老雪鸟 |
[13:40] | That’s so sad and beautiful. | 太伤感太美了 |
[13:43] | You know, they say if you love something, set it free. | 人们常说如果爱一个人 就该给他自由 |
[13:46] | But I’ve never understood that. | 但我从来都无法理解这句话 |
[13:48] | I say if you love something, lock it in the basement | 要我说 如果你爱一个人 就把他关在地下室 |
[13:51] | and feed it through a slot in the door until it loves you back. | 从门上小孔里喂东西给他吃 直到他也爱你为止 |
[13:57] | Elka, he’ll be back in the spring. | 爱尔卡 他春天就回来了 |
[14:00] | It does become spring here eventually, right? | 这里的春天终究会来临的 对吧 |
[14:02] | Sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[14:05] | And no matter how many sun-dried skanks | 无论多少晒干的残花败柳 |
[14:07] | throw themselves at him, he’ll resist. | 对他投怀送抱 他都会把持住的 |
[14:08] | – Don’t you worry. – Oh, I’m not. I mean… | -不用担心 -我不担心 |
[14:12] | Well, sure, Max is a charming, handsome man, | 当然了 麦克斯迷人又英俊 |
[14:16] | and there is no woman in Boca | 而且波卡满大街的女人 |
[14:18] | who wouldn’t drop her bathing suit cover-up | 都不介意脱掉泳装薄纱 |
[14:20] | for a chance to… | 借机… |
[14:22] | Oh, I gotta catch him. | 我得追上他 |
[14:24] | You’re bringing him back? | 你要让他留下吗 |
[14:25] | No, I’m going with him. | 不 我跟他一起去 |
[14:27] | I’ll be back for my trial. | 上庭时我会回来 |
[14:29] | – Max! – Elka. | -麦克斯 -爱尔卡 |
[14:30] | I was halfway down the walk when I realized | 我走到半路才意识到 |
[14:33] | I could not leave without my… | 我不能这么离开 我落下了… |
[14:34] | You don’t have to! I’m coming with you! | 不必为难 我跟你一起去 |
[14:37] | I was going to say “mittens.” | 我本来想说手套 |
[14:38] | But this is even better! | 现在更棒了 |
[14:46] | How is everyone enjoying their healthy food? | 各位觉得健康美食还算可口吗 |
[14:51] | It’s like you said. Just took the right ingredients. | 正如你说的 用对食材最重要 |
[14:54] | Okay, we’re gonna start taping now. | 好了 要开始录节目了 |
[14:57] | On my head whip. | 我甩头发就开始 |
[14:59] | Oh, hi, Ohio. I’m Victoria Chase. | 噢嗨 俄亥俄 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[15:02] | And I’m here with Joy Scroggs and Melanie Moretti. | 这两位是乔依·斯克罗格和梅兰妮·莫雷蒂 |
[15:04] | So how does it feel to be the subjects of so much adulation? | 成为众人赞美的焦点 感觉如何 |
[15:08] | I mean, I know. But tell the people right there. | 我知道这感觉 但是告诉下电视前的观众 |
[15:11] | Well, it was my brainchild really. | 这是我的主意 |
[15:13] | Selflessly volunteering to create delicious, healthy meals | 无私奉献做出可口健康的饭菜 |
[15:17] | for this… the greatest generation. | 服务于这了不起的一代人 |
[15:19] | Aw, that’s nice. | 太感人了 |
[15:20] | I’ve also brought along with me Dr. Joe, | 我还请来了乔医生 |
[15:23] | a nutritionist at the Cleveland Clinic. | 克利夫兰医学中心的营养学家 |
[15:25] | He’s been analyzing the meals | 他已经分析完了 |
[15:26] | that have been prepared here by Melanie and Joy. | 梅兰妮和乔依准备的食物 |
[15:29] | Oh, dear god. | 老天 |
[15:30] | So what can you tell us about the healthy benefits | 这些老年人将从这些食物中 |
[15:32] | that these seniors are reaping? | 获取怎样的健康功效呢 |
[15:34] | Absolutely none, Victoria. | 一点都没有 维多利亚 |
[15:37] | What? | 什么 |
[15:38] | The food is high in fat, sugar, and sodium. | 这些食物含高脂高糖高钠 |
[15:40] | These are artery-clogging, stroke-inducing, diabetes-promoting meals. | 这些是动脉堵塞 诱发中风 导致糖尿病的食物 |
[15:45] | Melanie! | 梅兰妮 |
[15:48] | What have you done to these fine Americans? | 你对这些优秀的美国人做了什么 |
[15:51] | Cut! | 停 |
[15:52] | All right, what is going on here? | 到底怎么回事 |
[15:53] | I don’t know. Joy, what did you add to the food? | 我不知道 乔依 你在食物里加了什么 |
[15:55] | You heard the doctor. Flavor. | 你也听医生说了 美味 |
[15:57] | Look, I just couldn’t risk looking bad in front of the camera. | 听着 我不能冒在镜头前出丑的危险 |
[16:00] | You cannot air this. | 这个不能播 |
[16:01] | What, are you crazy? | 你是疯了吗 |
[16:03] | This has gone from a puff-piece, feel-good story | 这个从夸大报道暖人心之流 |
[16:05] | to an award-winning shocker on elder abuse. | 一跃成为有望获奖的虐待老人的爆炸性新闻 |
[16:09] | But my green card. | 我的绿卡怎么办 |
[16:10] | Don’t worry, I’ll pixelate your faces. | 别担心 你们的脸会打马赛克的 |
[16:12] | Okay, a new opening. | 好了 开机 |
[16:16] | Oh, hi, Ohio. This is Victoria Chase. | 噢嗨 俄亥俄 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[16:20] | What was supposed to be a safe haven for healthy seniors | 一个本该关注老年人健康的安全天堂 |
[16:23] | has turned into a heart attack central. | 却变成了心脏病的地狱中心 |
[16:25] | These two volunteers have turned mealtime | 这两位义工将盘中餐变成了 |
[16:28] | into assisted suicide on a plate. | 协助自杀的工具 |
[16:30] | How do you feel about the food, sir? | 你觉得这些食物怎么样 先生 |
[16:32] | – I love it. – It’s killing you. | -很喜欢 -吃了会死人的 |
[16:42] | Hey, farmer. | 农民大哥 |
[16:44] | I had a hankering for a cherry tomato. | 我对圣女果有种渴望 |
[16:47] | Hi, Victoria. | 你好 维多利亚 |
[16:49] | I just finished filming this segment | 我刚录制了一个报道 |
[16:50] | that would’ve been great for me | 对我有好处 |
[16:52] | but would’ve hurt my friends, | 但会伤害我的朋友 |
[16:54] | and I thought, “What would Dave do?” | 于是我想 达夫会怎么做呢 |
[16:57] | And so I decided to pull the segment. | 所以我决定不播出这个报道 |
[16:58] | I mean, you make me want to be a better person. | 你让我变得想做一个好人 |
[17:01] | So let’s celebrate. | 我们庆祝去吧 |
[17:03] | Being good makes me want to be bad. | 做好人让我想坏一下 |
[17:05] | Well… Here’s the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[17:08] | My ex-wife told me what you two talked about, | 我前妻跟我说了你们的谈话内容 |
[17:10] | and we ended up having a long discussion about the kids. | 于是针对孩子的问题 我们谈了很久 |
[17:13] | Killing the mood, but I can work through that. | 挺扫兴的 不过我可以克服这个问题 |
[17:16] | And we decided that what you said about the kids | 我们觉得你说的那些关于孩子的话 |
[17:18] | was right. | 完全正确 |
[17:19] | – Full custody? – Yes. | -完整监护权 -是的 |
[17:22] | For both of us. | 我们一起监护 |
[17:24] | We realized that what was best for them | 我们意识到 对孩子来说最好的办法 |
[17:26] | was for the two of us to work things out | 是我们能够冰释前嫌 |
[17:30] | and get back together. | 重归于好 |
[17:30] | So we’re gonna give it a try. | 我们打算尽力一试 |
[17:35] | Well, that’s… fabulous. | 这真是 太好了 |
[17:39] | I’m sorry we couldn’t get to know each other better. | 很抱歉 我们没机会深入了解 |
[17:43] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[17:46] | I like you too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[17:49] | Auntie Victoria, auntie Victoria! | 维姨 维姨 |
[17:51] | Thank you, thank you! | 谢谢你 谢谢你 |
[17:54] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[17:57] | Yes, sweetie? | 什么事 小甜心 |
[17:58] | If you ever come near our dad again | 如果你再接近我爸 |
[18:00] | you’re dead! | 你就死定了 |
[18:10] | Okay, should we try these volunteer opportunities again? | 好了 要再试试做义工吗 |
[18:13] | – How about “Clean up…” – Too dirty. | -打扫卫生怎么样 -太脏了 |
[18:17] | – “Adopt a…” – Too needy. | -领养… -太黏人 |
[18:20] | Victoria, do you wanna do some volunteer work with me? | 维多利亚 想和我一起做义工吗 |
[18:23] | I’d love to, but I have a tummy ache. | 我想去 但我肚肚痛 |
[18:28] | See, and that’s how you do it. | 要这样装才行 |
[18:33] | Elka! What are you doing back? | 爱尔卡 你怎么回来了 |
[18:35] | It’s official, I hate Florida. | 正式宣布 我讨厌佛州 |
[18:39] | Where’s Max? | 麦克斯呢 |
[18:40] | It’s all over with Max. | 我和麦克斯彻底结束了 |
[18:42] | No! What happened? | 不会吧 发生什么事了 |
[18:45] | We went to his condo… | 我们到了他的公寓 |
[18:47] | or should I say his shrine to his late wife? | 应该说是他亡妻的圣殿才对 |
[18:50] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[18:52] | Pictures, clothes, everything. | 照片 衣物 一切都保持原样 |
[18:54] | Well, surely he’ll move that stuff out. | 他肯定会把这些东西清理掉的 |
[18:57] | It was like he expected me to pick up where she left off. | 感觉好像他希望我能继承他亡妻的遗志 |
[19:01] | Sounds like he’s not quite ready to get married yet. | 听上去他还没准备好结婚 |
[19:03] | Yeah, we talked about it. | 是的 我们谈过了 |
[19:05] | We agreed, he’s not. | 我们都同意 他没准备好 |
[19:07] | I’m so sorry. | 太遗憾了 |
[19:08] | You know, if misery loves company | 知道吗 我们是同病相怜 |
[19:10] | my hot gardener went back to his ex-wife. | 我的性感菜农和前妻复合了 |
[19:12] | Those first wives will get you every time. | 那些前妻是会出来坏事 |
[19:17] | Yeah. Well, I’ll get over it. | 是的 我会没事的 |
[19:19] | But… He was a good man. | 不过 他真的不错 |
[19:22] | And god, could he fill a pair of jeans. | 老天 想想他穿牛仔裤的样子 |
[19:25] | He had a butt like two scoops of ice cream. | 他的翘臀就跟两勺冰淇淋球似的 |
[19:31] | Max too. | 麦克斯也是 |
[19:33] | Soft serve, but the same idea. | 一圈圈堆的软软那种 不过差不离啦 |