时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Women, as any Sandra Bullock movie would attest, | 女人 就像桑德拉·布洛克的电影所描诉的 |
[00:05] | are hopeless romantics. | 对浪漫毫无抵抗力 |
[00:07] | Scratch the surface of the toughest Type-A female | 即使是在最强势的A型女人的外表下 |
[00:10] | and you’ll find a little girl still wating for Prince Charming | 你也会发现一个期待白马王子 |
[00:12] | to appear with a glass Prada pump. | 手捧普拉达玻璃鞋出现的小女生 |
[00:14] | Or at least a glass filled with vodka and vermouth. | 或者手捧一玻璃杯伏特加和苦艾酒也行 |
[00:22] | Oh, I love romancing. | 我最爱浪漫邂逅了 |
[00:24] | Look at her smile. | 看她笑的那样儿 |
[00:26] | She’s already imbuing him | 她已经开始 |
[00:27] | with all kinds of wonderful qualities he doesn’t really have. | 把他所没有的各种优秀品质 强加在他身上了 |
[00:32] | Think she’ll take him home? | 你们觉得她会带他回家吗 |
[00:34] | In for a penny, in for a pounding. | 做都做了 当然是”做”到不休啦 |
[00:37] | Elka! | 爱尔卡 |
[00:40] | I loaned her my Sex and the City DVDs. | 我把《欲望都市》的碟借给她了 |
[00:43] | Might have been a mistake. | 我大概犯下大错了 |
[00:45] | I’m a Samantha. | 我就好比随”性”的萨曼莎 |
[00:49] | May we please get back to the topic at hand? | 能回到当下的话题吗 |
[00:52] | Which was me. | 有关于我的 |
[00:54] | Here’s to the newest spokesmodel | 为”绝代芳华”化妆品 |
[00:56] | for Tres Jolie Cosmetics. | 新任模特代言人干杯 |
[00:58] | Finally my lifelong dream has come true. | 我毕生的梦想终于实现了 |
[01:01] | Spokesmodeling is your dream? | 你的毕生梦想是做模特代言 |
[01:03] | Yes, because it tells the world | 没错 这等于向世界宣告 |
[01:04] | I’m pretty because I’m a model, | 我拥有模特的美貌 |
[01:06] | but I’m also smart because there’s spoke-ing involved. | 但我也有头脑 否则就不会让我发言了 |
[01:11] | Plus I get $1,000 every time | 而且在我的节目上每提一次 |
[01:13] | I mention Tres Jolie Cosmetics on my show. | “绝代芳华”化妆品 我就能赚一千 |
[01:15] | And $10,000 if the story is sensational enough to go national. | 如果故事够精彩上了全国性节目 就能赚一万 |
[01:19] | Isn’t it a little crass hoping for some huge catastrophe | 为了推销化妆品赚几个小钱 |
[01:23] | so you can make a few bucks pushing cosmetics? | 就祈祷重大灾难发生 不会太恶劣了吗 |
[01:25] | It’s called a silver lining, Joy. | 这就叫不幸中的万幸 乔依 |
[01:30] | Oh, more good news for me. | 好消息接踵而来 |
[01:32] | It’s Johnny. | 是强尼 |
[01:33] | Oh, he’s touring and he wants to know if I’m up for a booty call. | 他正在巡回演出 问我是否有空打一炮 |
[01:38] | Sounds like somebody’s gonna get stuck between | 看来有人要被摇滚明星 |
[01:40] | a rock star and a hard place. | 左”摇”右”滚”了 |
[01:43] | Will you stop doing that? | 别这么低俗好吗 |
[01:45] | I think you secretly have a thing for Johnny. | 我觉得你还是喜欢强尼的 |
[01:48] | I mean, a woman can’t have sex with a guy | 我觉得女人不可能 |
[01:49] | without forming some sort of an attachment, right? | 和完全没感觉的男人做爱 不是吗 |
[01:54] | They looked at me like I’d suggested we all say | 她们盯着我 就像我提议大家 |
[01:56] | our real weights out loud. | 齐声喊出自己的真实体重一般 |
[02:00] | Which got me thinking. | 这不由得让我深思 |
[02:01] | Was I really so off-base? | 是我大错特错了吗 |
[02:03] | I mean, can women have sex with no strings attached? | 女人可以不要爱情只要性吗 |
[02:08] | Well of course we can. | 当然可以 |
[02:10] | A man in the hand is worth two in the– | 一男在手胜过二男… |
[02:12] | Seriously? | 别乱扯黄段子了好吧 |
[02:17] | That one doesn’t even make sense. | 这话根本不是说这事的 |
[02:19] | I think sex without strings is possible. | 我觉得爱情和性是可以分开的 |
[02:22] | Of course not for me, I’m booty call cursed. | 当然我没可能了 我被炮友之神诅咒了 |
[02:25] | I’ve had mothers walk in, | 我遇到过老妈闯进来 |
[02:27] | I’ve had mirrors fall from ceilings | 天花板的镜子掉下来 |
[02:29] | revealing hidden cameras. | 发现后面藏着摄像头 |
[02:30] | I’ve had pet ferrets– Oh, god, my life. | 还遇过雪貂出没 我悲惨的人生啊 |
[02:35] | You know, this no-strings thing, | 有性无爱这件事 |
[02:37] | I think it would make a great topic for my Women’s Day column. | 可作为我《女性挚友》专栏的好话题呢 |
[02:40] | Actually, I met this cute divorced guy | 实际上 我遇到一个可爱的离婚男 |
[02:43] | who’s in town for a couple of days on business, | 他要在城里出差几天 |
[02:45] | do you think I should call him? | 你们觉得我该打给他吗 |
[02:46] | – Well, why not? – Absolutely. | -为什么不呢 -当然要打 |
[02:48] | And I’m gonna call that cute guy I met with the tattoos. | 我也要打给我的可爱纹身男 |
[02:51] | Curses are meant to be broken, right? | 诅咒这玩意儿就是用来打破的 对吧 |
[02:53] | – And I’m gonna call Fred. – Fred? | -那我也要打给弗雷德 -弗雷德 |
[02:56] | You mean that nerdy guy you play cards with every Sunday? | 那个每周日跟你一起打牌的傻老头吗 |
[02:58] | For the past 20 years. | 过去20年一直如此 |
[03:00] | But I thought you guys were just friends. | 我以为你们只是朋友 |
[03:02] | If the guy’s a cutie, you gotta tap that booty. | 男人如果帅 你得下手快 |
[03:11] | If the guy’s a hottie, you’ve got to be naughty. | 男人如果好 你就得卖骚 |
[03:15] | When you say it, it just sounds crude. | 从你口中说出来就变低俗了 |
[03:29] | The next night, in the spirit of research, | 第二天晚上 本着探索的精神 |
[03:31] | I was finishing dinner with my cute out-of-towner | 我和可爱出差男吃完晚餐后 |
[03:33] | when I decided to make my play. | 准备开始我的计划 |
[03:35] | Any recommendations for dessert? | 有什么推荐的甜点吗 |
[03:37] | How about whipped cream, and me? | 奶油配佳人 如何 |
[03:40] | Check! | 买单 |
[03:41] | Uh, check. | 买单 |
[03:43] | You know, I’m just gonna leave my credit card | 我干脆把信用卡留在这里 |
[03:44] | and get it tomorrow. | 明天再来取好了 |
[03:47] | – Shall we? – Okay. | -走吧 -好的 |
[03:48] | No, wait, that sounded cheap. | 不 等等 感觉太廉价了 |
[03:50] | You know, if it were real whipped cream, | 如果不是罐装奶油 |
[03:51] | not from a can, that would be classi…er. | 而是新鲜奶油 会感觉更有档次 |
[03:55] | You see, I’m trying to have sex with no strings. | 我正尝试体验无爱的性 |
[03:58] | And I support you. | 我自当大力相挺 |
[04:01] | Great, so let’s go. | 好 我们走吧 |
[04:03] | No wait, I can’t. But shouldn’t I try? | 等等 我办不到 可我该勇于尝试对吧 |
[04:06] | Right, so let’s go. | 没错 走吧 |
[04:07] | No, wait, I can’t. | 等等 我真心办不到 |
[04:09] | But I said I would try. | 可我说了要尝试的 |
[04:10] | But I have kids. | 可我都是孩子的妈了 |
[04:12] | But they’re not here, so how would they know? | 可他们离那么远 怎么会知道这事 |
[04:14] | Because I’m writing about it. | 我会在专栏里写出来 |
[04:16] | But they might read it. Why would they read it? | 也许他们会看到 他们看这个干什么 |
[04:18] | Why would they read Women’s Day? | 他们没事读《女性挚友》干嘛 |
[04:19] | Well, my daughter might read it. | 我女儿可能会看啊 |
[04:21] | I should just order dessert. | 我还是吃我的甜点吧 |
[04:22] | At some point he just left, I didn’t even notice. | 不知何时他已经走了 我都没发现 |
[04:27] | So what happened with tattoo guy? | 你那个纹身男如何 |
[04:29] | Oh, my booty call curse is still intact. | 我依旧被炮友之神诅咒着 |
[04:32] | At first when he said he might get a tattoo with my name on it, | 一开始他说可能会纹上我的名字 |
[04:34] | I was charmed. | 我倍受感动 |
[04:36] | Then when he started to undress, | 等他脱了衣服 |
[04:37] | he had the name of every woman | 他身上纹满了所有 |
[04:39] | he’s ever slept with tattooed on his body. | 他上过的女人的芳名 |
[04:42] | I’m hoping Sis is short for Sissy. | 但愿那”小妹”是指情妹妹而不是亲妹妹 |
[04:46] | While Joy and I had clearly failed at | 正当乔依和我没能实现 |
[04:48] | “Wham, bam, thank you, man.” | “滚完床单拍屁股走人”的壮举时 |
[04:50] | Back at the house, Victoria was about to rock | 在家里 维多利亚即将撼动 |
[04:53] | rock star Johnny Revere’s world. | 摇滚明星强尼·里维尔的世界 |
[05:00] | Did someone call for 10 cc’s of me? | 有人要注射十毫升的我吗 |
[05:06] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[05:08] | Call 911. | 快打急救电话 |
[05:11] | Way to commit to a bit. | 你真入戏啊 |
[05:12] | No, really. I’m dyin’. | 不 是真的 我快不行了 |
[05:16] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[05:21] | After a night in the emergency room, | 在急救室度过一夜后 |
[05:22] | Victoria found her bad boy with benefits | 维多利亚发现她的坏小伙炮友 |
[05:25] | had become a burden on bed rest. | 已变为熄火病友了 |
[05:27] | I can’t believe this happened to me. | 真不敢相信我会发生这种事 |
[05:30] | I mean, I’m virile, I’m tough, | 我如此勇猛 如此强壮 |
[05:34] | could you fluff my pillow for me? | 帮我把枕头拍松点好吗 |
[05:38] | Aw, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[05:40] | You’ll feel better. | 你会好起来的 |
[05:41] | Once you’ve given me an exclusive celebrity interview | 只要你上我的节目《噢嗨 俄亥俄》 |
[05:44] | for my show “Oh, hi, Ohio.” | 做一期独家名人专访就行 |
[05:47] | I can’t go public. | 我可不能被曝光 |
[05:48] | A heart attack with no heroin involved is a career killer. | 没嗑药就犯心脏病 是摇滚歌手的坟墓 |
[05:52] | You can say you OD’d. | 你可以说你是嗑药过量嘛 |
[05:54] | It doesn’t have to be true, we never check. | 你可以随便瞎掰 反正我们从来不查 |
[05:56] | No. | 不行 |
[05:58] | No, let the media jackals feed on my carcass after I’m dead. | 不行 等我死后再让无良媒体泼脏水吧 |
[06:02] | They did it to Morrison, they did it to Hendrix, | 歌手莫里森和亨德里克斯都难逃一劫 |
[06:05] | why should I be any different? | 我又怎么会例外呢 |
[06:06] | But you are different. | 可你的确和他们不一样 |
[06:08] | Those guys all died when they were young. | 他们都是英年早逝 |
[06:12] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[06:16] | Look at me. I’m too old to die young. | 看看我 老得都没法英年早逝了 |
[06:19] | Johnny. | 强尼 |
[06:20] | I know that the doctor said | 我知道医生说 |
[06:21] | that mood swings were normal after a heart attack, | 心脏病发后容易情绪不稳 |
[06:24] | but if you cry, you’ll smear your eye liner. | 可是你哭的话 眼线会花的 |
[06:27] | – Eye liner? – Yes. | -眼线 -没错 |
[06:28] | “Smoky Sable”, new from Tres Jolie. | 烟熏紫貂 “绝代芳华”新款 |
[06:32] | I gave you a little touch-up while you were napping. | 你刚才睡觉时 我帮你整理了一下妆容 |
[06:34] | And if you let me mention it on TV I get $10,000. | 如果你准我在电视上提 我就能入账万元 |
[06:39] | Victoria, this heart attack has opened my eyes. | 维多利亚 这次心脏病发让我看开了 |
[06:42] | Yes, and now the eye liner is bringing them out, | 是的 这眼线正好显得你眼大了 |
[06:44] | so why not share that with a national audience? | 何不与全国观众分享这等美事呢 |
[06:47] | Look at us. | 看看我们 |
[06:48] | We spent our whole lives chasing after money and fame. | 我们穷尽一生追求名利 |
[06:51] | And what’s it really gotten us? | 最后剩下的又是什么呢 |
[06:53] | Money and fame. | 名与利 |
[06:57] | How can a nurse’s outfit be so sexy it gives a man a heart attack? | 护士装怎会性感到让人心脏病发作 |
[07:01] | Maybe it was just the shock of seeing | 也许是被维多利亚扮作 |
[07:02] | Victoria dressed as a humanitarian. | 人道主义者的样子吓到了 |
[07:10] | “Thanks for last night, Fried.” | “昨晚多谢了 弗雷油” |
[07:14] | Fried? | 弗雷油 |
[07:15] | Fred’s phone auto-corrected. | 弗雷德的手机自动修正了 |
[07:17] | I taught him to text last night. | 昨晚我教会他发短信 |
[07:21] | After we played cards. | 在我们打完扑克后 |
[07:24] | I cannot believe | 真不敢相信 |
[07:24] | that you’re the only one whose booty call got answered. | 你是我们之中唯一找到炮友的人 |
[07:28] | So how was the game? | 你们玩得如何啊 |
[07:30] | Fred had very good hands. | 弗雷德的手上功夫可棒了 |
[07:33] | I didn’t have to bluff once. | 我甚至不用虚张声势 |
[07:40] | – Hello, Fred. – Morning, Joy. | -你好啊 弗雷德 -早安乔依 |
[07:42] | I’m looking for Elka. | 我找爱尔卡 |
[07:46] | I was gonna call, | 我本来想打电话 |
[07:47] | to find out if you got my text. | 看看你收到我的短信没 |
[07:49] | But then I thought, calling is so old-fashioned. | 可我又想 打电话多老套啊 |
[07:52] | I’ll just drop by. | 我还是登门拜访吧 |
[07:55] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[07:57] | You know, last night’s, | 昨晚的 |
[08:01] | uh, card game was the best I ever had. | 那场扑克 是我打得最爽的一次 |
[08:05] | Next time I’ll show you how to double down. | 下次我教你如何双倍下注[双飞] |
[08:10] | I don’t know what that means, | 虽然不懂是什么意思 |
[08:11] | but I tremble at the thought. | 可我光想象就全身哆嗦 |
[08:15] | Joy, Melanie, good day. | 乔依 梅兰妮 再见 |
[08:16] | – Bye, Fred. – Bye-bye. | -再见 弗雷德 -拜 |
[08:17] | I hope we’ll play cards soon again. | 希望我们能早日再来一局 |
[08:20] | Oh, me too. | 我也是 |
[08:30] | This is insufferable. | 真让人受不了 |
[08:32] | The heart of rock n’ roll is still beating, | 他的摇滚之心还在跳动 |
[08:33] | but the rest of him is a quivering mass of neediness. | 可身体其它部分只剩蠕动了 |
[08:39] | Poor Johnny. | 可怜的强尼 |
[08:40] | Oh, he’ll be fine. | 他没什么大碍 |
[08:41] | No, it’s really the caretakers who suffer. | 真正遭罪的是伺候他的人 |
[08:44] | I miss having someone to take care of. | 我真怀念有人让我照顾的日子 |
[08:47] | Like Fred. | 就像弗雷德 |
[08:49] | Taking care of him would be a pleasure. | 照顾他一定会很有趣 |
[08:54] | Wow, is it serious with Fred? | 你和弗雷德是来真的吗 |
[08:56] | Well it’s not the white hot passion it was with Max, | 虽然比不上和麦克斯那种白热化的激情 |
[08:59] | but we’re very compatible. | 可我们相当合拍 |
[09:02] | Good hands. | 手上功夫不错 |
[09:04] | He’s sweet and funny, | 他有爱又有趣 |
[09:07] | and we both prefer animals over people. | 和我一样爱动物胜过爱人类 |
[09:12] | Sounds like maybe you guys have a future. | 听起来你们两个挺有发展前景的 |
[09:16] | Oh, who am I kidding? | 我瞎想什么呢 |
[09:17] | I’m not a Samantha, | 我不是当萨曼莎的料 |
[09:19] | I’m a Charlotte. | 我是纠结真爱的夏洛特 |
[09:22] | I’m gonna propose. | 我要向他求婚 |
[09:25] | Wha–? | 什么 |
[09:26] | Victoria? | 维多利亚 |
[09:28] | Can I have some chocolate milk? | 帮我倒点巧克力牛奶好吗 |
[09:31] | With a bendy straw, please? | 还有弯吸管 谢谢 |
[09:37] | Having decided to go above and beyond the call of booty, | 在决定将炮友关系进一步发展之后 |
[09:41] | Elka enlisted our help in setting the scene for her proposal. | 爱尔卡征用我们帮着布置她的求婚现场 |
[09:44] | So what else do we need to set the mood? | 还有什么能营造气氛的吗 |
[09:46] | I don’t know what you and Fred are into. | 我不知道你和弗雷德喜欢什么 |
[09:47] | Rawhide and a tennis ball. | 皮项圈和网球 |
[09:51] | For the dog. | 是给狗狗的 |
[09:54] | ♪A pretty lady lays a lunch♪ | ♪美丽的人儿布置下盛宴♪ |
[09:58] | ♪to ask her true love to marry her♪ | ♪是为了与真爱共续佳缘♪ |
[10:02] | ♪It truly is a magic brunch♪ | ♪这场早午餐仿佛奇异恩典♪ |
[10:05] | ♪that brings two hearts together♪ | ♪让两颗心走到了终点♪ |
[10:11] | Johnny sweetie, um, you know when I said | 强尼 亲爱的 记得我说过 |
[10:13] | that getting back to work could maybe help you heal? | 重新工作有助于你恢复健康吗 |
[10:16] | What I meant was writing the kinds of songs that you used to write. | 我的意思是 写点和你以前风格一样的歌 |
[10:18] | You know, about sex and drugs | 性啊 毒品啊 |
[10:20] | and never staying in one place for too long? | 到处风流 不在一棵树上吊死之类的 |
[10:24] | Now I see that | 如今在我眼中 |
[10:25] | sex and drugs are just a lonely path to self-destruction. | 性和毒品只会让人孤身走上不归路 |
[10:29] | Yes but it’s the path people like to dance to. | 没错 可大家在这路上走得比较欢快 |
[10:32] | I mean, Elka doesn’t even need a song, | 爱尔卡不需要什么情歌 |
[10:34] | she’s not madly in love with Fred. | 她没有疯狂地爱上弗雷德 |
[10:36] | They’re just two dear old friends | 他们只是两位老友 |
[10:38] | who make each other happy and have fun in the sack, | 彼此能逗逗乐 上上床 |
[10:40] | so why not get married? | 所以就决定结婚了 |
[10:44] | You know, ever since my first single went platinum, | 自从我的第一首单曲达到了白金销量 |
[10:47] | I’ve just used women and kicked them to the curb. | 我便开始玩弄女性 始乱终弃 |
[10:50] | It’s been a happy life. | 日子过得相当愉快 |
[10:53] | But something’s missing. | 但总是缺少了点什么 |
[10:55] | And it’s that something that keeps drawing me back to you. | 这也是我一直回来找你的原因 |
[10:58] | Oh, my god, is it your heart again? | 我的天 你又犯心脏病了吗 |
[11:02] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊 |
[11:03] | You saved my life. | 我的命是你救的 |
[11:04] | And now I need you to make it worth living. | 和你在一起 我活着才有意义 |
[11:06] | Victoria Chase, will you marry me? | 维多利亚·蔡斯 嫁给我好吗 |
[11:11] | That’s a lot of beer. | 这啤酒可真不少 |
[11:13] | Well I want him to say yes. | 我希望他会答应嘛 |
[11:15] | Trust me, you don’t want a drunken yes to a marriage proposal. | 相信我 灌醉他可不是让他答应的好办法 |
[11:18] | They just take it back in the morning, | 明天一早他就会后悔 |
[11:20] | then you’re stuck for six more days on a seven day cruise. | 然后七日游轮行的剩余六天 你都得痛苦煎熬 |
[11:22] | Oh, god, my life. | 我悲惨的人生啊 |
[11:26] | Whoa! You guys, Johnny just proposed to Victoria! | 各位 强尼刚才向维多利亚求婚了 |
[11:29] | What did she say? | 她怎么回答的 |
[11:32] | This had better be an acid flashback, | 你最好是”闪回症”发作 |
[11:33] | because I’ve just about had it with you, mister! | 因为我真是受够你了 先生 |
[11:38] | Oh, no, what if Fred turns me down too. | 不好 要是弗雷德拒绝了我怎么办 |
[11:41] | Maybe I should call this off. | 我看还是取消了吧 |
[11:43] | Too late. | 来不及了 |
[11:44] | – Hi, ladies. – Hi. | -女士们好 -你好 |
[11:47] | Oh, wow, some spread. | 好一番布置 |
[11:49] | Would you like a St. Pauli Girl? | 要喝圣保利辣妹啤酒吗 |
[11:51] | I’d prefer a Cleveland cupcake. | 我比较想吃克利夫兰小甜心 |
[11:56] | I’m good. | 姐超厉害的 |
[12:00] | Melanie just told me Johnny proposed. | 梅兰妮告诉我强尼向你求婚了 |
[12:02] | Ugh, one little brush with death | 在鬼门关前晃了一圈 |
[12:03] | and he goes all Josh Groban on me. | 他就开始对我柔情似水了 |
[12:08] | Did you pop the question? | 你问了吗 |
[12:09] | Oh, not yet. | 还没 |
[12:10] | Oh, girls, you’ve gotta help me, I’m choking out there. | 姑娘们 帮帮我 我问不出口啊 |
[12:13] | Don’t be afraid. | 别害怕 |
[12:14] | Sometimes you just gotta take a leap. | 有时你就是需要猛冲一次 |
[12:16] | Sadly for Fred, out in the back yard | 对后院的弗雷德来说 不幸的是 |
[12:18] | Chance was about to do just that. | 吉祥正准备猛冲一把 |
[12:28] | You’re right, I can do this. | 你说得对 我能做到的 |
[12:31] | Did you guys hear something? | 你们听到什么没 |
[12:34] | – What’s wrong, Chance? – What is it, boy? | -怎么了 吉祥 -出什么事了 |
[12:36] | Fred’s fallen in the well. | 弗雷德摔进井里了 |
[12:40] | It’s Chance, not Lassie. | 这是吉祥 又不是灵犬莱西 |
[12:43] | No, you dope, Fred just texted me. | 不 你这傻瓜 弗雷德给我发短信了 |
[12:45] | He’s okay but he’s stuck and he can’t get out. | 他没事 不过困住出不来了 |
[12:47] | – Oh my god. – Call the Fire Department. | -我的天 -快通知消防局 |
[12:50] | – Tell them it’s a deep well but it’s dry. – I’m on it. | -告诉他们井虽然深不过没水 -我马上打 |
[12:54] | Hello, newsroom? | 新闻办公室吗 |
[12:55] | I need a camera crew. | 我需要一支摄影队 |
[12:57] | I gotta talk fast ’cause I need to call 911. | 长话短说 我还得打电话报警 |
[13:00] | This is gonna be big, could go national. | 这新闻够劲爆 没准能上全国新闻 |
[13:01] | Cha-ching! | 发财了 |
[13:04] | Much to Victoria’s chagrin, | 令维多利亚失望的是 |
[13:05] | “Ohio man trapped in a well,” | “俄亥俄男子被困深井” |
[13:07] | didn’t go national. | 没能上全国新闻 |
[13:09] | “Twin baby Pandas” were hogging the country’s attention | “圣地亚哥动物园熊猫双胞胎” |
[13:11] | at the San Diego Zoo. | 占据了全国的视线 |
[13:13] | Oh, my god, they’re so cute! | 我的天 它们太可爱了 |
[13:16] | Anyway, ever resilient, | 不过维多利亚随机应变 |
[13:18] | Victoria dug up an old photo of Fred | 找出一张弗雷德的旧照 |
[13:20] | to goose the human interest angle. | 从人情味的角度做文章 |
[13:22] | The tension here at well-side is palpable. | 可以看到 井边的气氛十分紧张 |
[13:25] | As we wait, hoping the fire department will arrive in time | 我们希望消防员能及时赶到 |
[13:28] | to rescue Santa Claus from almost certain death. | 将圣诞老人从垂死的边缘挽救回来 |
[13:32] | Fred’s fine. | 弗雷德死不了 |
[13:33] | Ah, this is Elka Ostrovsky, | 这位是爱尔卡·奥斯特洛夫斯基 |
[13:35] | Santa’s anguished sweetheart. | 圣诞老人的苦命女友 |
[13:37] | Now luckily she’s wearing Tres Jolie waterproof mascara, | 幸运的是 她用的是”绝代芳华”防水睫毛膏 |
[13:40] | so no runny black streaks in the tracks of her tears. | 哭得再狠 睫毛也不会花 |
[13:43] | No, I’m not. | 不 我才没用呢 |
[13:45] | I’ll be back with more live coverage of | 稍后将为你带来更多 |
[13:48] | “Christmas in danger; Santa trapped in a well” | “圣诞危机之圣诞老人被井坑”的现场报道 |
[13:53] | Oh, this is a disaster. | 真是太不幸了 |
[13:55] | Those little show-off pandas are ruining everything. | 那两只卖萌的小熊猫毁了一切 |
[13:58] | Well, Americans love animals. | 美国人就喜欢动物嘛 |
[14:00] | Thank goodness Chance didn’t fall in the well too! | 幸好吉祥没跟着掉进去 |
[14:08] | Elka, where do we keep our dog treats? | 爱尔卡 狗粮放在哪儿 |
[14:12] | Tragedy has struck a second time here at the well. | 悲剧再次降临在井里 |
[14:15] | In a valiant attempt to rescue Santa Claus, | 当它勇敢地尝试拯救圣诞老人时 |
[14:18] | this adorable pup, | 这只可爱的小狗狗 |
[14:20] | shown here dressed as a sheep | 照片中打扮成绵羊参加 |
[14:22] | to go trick or treating for UNICEF, | 联合国儿童基金会万圣节活动的这只 |
[14:23] | threw himself into the abyss. | 自己也掉入了深井 |
[14:26] | Wait–I’m just getting word. | 等等 我收到了消息 |
[14:28] | We’ve gone national! | 我们上全国新闻了 |
[14:30] | Oh, this is great! | 这真是太好了 |
[14:32] | And also tragic. | 当然同时也很悲痛 |
[14:35] | Have the firemen arrived yet? | 消防员来了没 |
[14:37] | They haven’t come and gone, have they? | 他们不会已经走了吧 |
[14:40] | No, Fred’s still trapped. | 不 弗雷德还困在井下呢 |
[14:41] | Victoria’s pretending the dog’s down in the well too | 维多利亚假装这只狗也掉井里了 |
[14:43] | so she can go national. | 这样她就能上全国新闻 |
[14:45] | Gotta love her. | 教人如何不爱她 |
[14:47] | Even if she doesn’t love you back. | 即使她根本不爱你 |
[14:53] | Oh, Johnny, I’m sorry, honey. | 强尼 我很遗憾 亲爱的 |
[14:55] | Yes, love sucks. | 没事 爱情烂透了 |
[14:57] | I don’t know why people bother, really. | 真不知道人们为什么还要恋爱 |
[14:59] | Firemen are here! | 消防员来了 |
[15:02] | – How’s my hair? – Oh, gorgeous, gorgeous. | -我发型没乱吧 -光彩照人 |
[15:03] | – My make-up? – Glowy. | -我的妆呢 -容光焕发 |
[15:04] | Good, good. | 好 好 |
[15:06] | Firemen are working feverishly to extract Santa | 消防员正在积极地将圣诞老人 |
[15:08] | and his hero dog from the dank and humidity… | 和英勇的小狗从阴冷潮湿中解救出来 |
[15:12] | which without Tres Jolie hair spray, | 这种情况下如果没用”绝代芳华”发胶 |
[15:14] | can really do a number on your hair. | 头发肯定乱成一团 |
[15:17] | This is all my fault, | 都是我的错 |
[15:19] | I wish I had never thought of proposing. | 我要是没起求婚的念头就好了 |
[15:20] | Oh, Elka, Fred will be fine. | 爱尔卡 弗雷德会没事的 |
[15:22] | The firemen will get him out any minute. | 消防员马上就会把他救出来了 |
[15:24] | They’ve obviously got very impressive equipment. | 他们的”装备”可是相当震撼呢 |
[15:27] | Not the time for Sex and the City puns, Joy. | 这可不是讲《欲望都市》双关语的时候 乔依 |
[15:29] | No, she means that big harness, | 不 她说的是那个大索套 |
[15:31] | they’ll get him out. | 他马上就救出来了 |
[15:32] | Actually I was making a sex pun to cut the tension, | 其实我是想开个黄腔 缓解一下气氛 |
[15:35] | but yay! | 总之是那意思 |
[15:41] | It’s a tense moment, America, | 各位观众 现在是紧要关头 |
[15:43] | as they slowly lower the rescue harness down into the well. | 消防员正缓缓放下救生索套 |
[15:47] | Isn’t she beautiful? | 她真是美 对吧 |
[15:49] | And aren’t we all trapped in wells of our own making? | 我们不都深陷在自己挖出的井里吗 |
[15:52] | And yes, yes, they’re lifting him out. | 很好 很好 他们正把他拉上来 |
[15:55] | Much like the lift one gets from Tres Jolie’s firming face cream. | 就像”绝代芳华”紧致面霜的提拉效果一样 |
[16:00] | That’s my cue to let you out, dude. | 这是提醒我该把你放出去了 老弟 |
[16:02] | Oh, Fred, are you sure you’re okay? | 弗雷德 你真的没事吗 |
[16:05] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[16:06] | Except it was kind of hard to hear “think fast” | 只是当你把啤酒扔下来时 |
[16:09] | when you tossed down the beer. | 你喊那声”躲开点”不太容易听见 |
[16:12] | Oh, what a joyous moment. | 真是令人喜悦的一刻 |
[16:14] | Christmas has been saved! | 圣诞节得到了挽救 |
[16:17] | Oh, my god, what’s that? | 我的天 那是什么 |
[16:20] | Back to me, back to me. | 镜头回到我这里 我这里 |
[16:21] | Well, it’s a Tres Jolie miracle, | 这可真是”绝代芳华”的奇迹 |
[16:23] | America’s hero pup has been rescued too. | 美国的英雄小狗狗也获救了 |
[16:27] | This is Victoria Chase, | 我是维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[16:28] | join me tomorrow when I do some hard-hitting | 明天我将教您如何挑选 |
[16:31] | comparison shopping for a new Jaguar convertible. | 捷豹新款跑车 敬请收看 |
[16:37] | I’m sorry, Fred. | 我很抱歉 弗雷德 |
[16:38] | Actually Elka, being stuck in a well | 老实说 爱尔卡 困在井里 |
[16:41] | a man has time to think. | 让我有了思考的时间 |
[16:44] | What I thought about mostly was how lonely I’ve been. | 我想到的都是自己多么孤单 |
[16:47] | That and whether the bones down there were human. | 还有井下的白骨是不是人类的 |
[16:51] | But what I’m trying to say is, | 我想说的是 |
[16:53] | I’m not lonely when I’m with you. | 和你在一起 我就不觉得孤单了 |
[16:54] | I feel warm and comfortable. | 我只感到温暖舒适 |
[16:56] | Oh, me too. | 我也一样 |
[16:58] | We’re like two cozy slippers. | 我们就像两只舒适的拖鞋 |
[17:01] | Then shouldn’t those two cozy slippers be together | 为什么不把这两只舒适的拖鞋 |
[17:03] | under the same bed… Permanently? | 永永远远地放在同一张床下呢 |
[17:06] | Are you asking me to marry you? | 你是在向我求婚吗 |
[17:08] | If you’ll have me. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[17:11] | Well, of course, I was gonna ask you! | 当然愿意 我本来要向你求婚呢 |
[17:16] | In that magical moment, | 在这神奇的时刻 |
[17:18] | everyone connected to their inner Charlotte. | 每个人都触碰到了内心的夏洛特 |
[17:20] | Yes, we could have booty calls, | 是的 找炮友也没有错 |
[17:22] | but what we wanted was a truly loving relationship | 可我们所追求的还是一份真心诚意的 |
[17:25] | with lots of strings. | 性与爱合一的感情 |
[17:26] | And in spite of her protest to the contrary, | 虽然维多利亚对此强烈反对 |
[17:29] | Victoria was feeling it too. | 但她其实也有所触动 |
[17:32] | Seriously? You’ll marry me? | 你说真的吗 你答应嫁给我 |
[17:37] | You know, when Fred proposed to Elka, | 当弗雷德向爱尔卡求婚时 |
[17:39] | it just suddenly made sense to me. | 我突然就明白了 |
[17:41] | Romantic love is transitory, | 浪漫的爱情很短暂 |
[17:43] | but love based on friendship and hot sex is eternal. | 靠友谊和火辣性爱维系的爱情 则会亘古不变 |
[17:48] | How about we quit this fast lane, | 我们远离喧嚣生活 |
[17:50] | and get a ranch in Montana? | 直奔蒙大拿买个牧场如何 |
[17:52] | Oh, no stress, no agents, | 没有压力 没有经纪人 |
[17:54] | just dogs and horses | 身边狗儿马儿成群 |
[17:56] | and evenings out under the stars. | 与你在星空下的夜幕相伴 |
[17:59] | Oh, I can picture it already. | 那画面已经浮现在我眼前 |
[18:05] | It sure gets cold up there. | 那里晚上肯定挺冷的 |
[18:08] | And I do loathe the outdoors. | 而且我也不喜欢户外 |
[18:12] | But what about Manhattan? | 曼哈顿如何呢 |
[18:13] | We could get a loft in SoHo, | 我们可以在南豪区买个顶楼 |
[18:15] | or NoHo, or whatever Ho is fashionable now. | 北豪区也行 哪个豪热门就买哪儿 |
[18:19] | Or maybe L.A. | 或者是洛杉矶 |
[18:20] | I mean, I’m not gonna quit the music business altogether. | 我不想一下子就退出音乐圈 |
[18:22] | Well, my friends and my show are here in Cleveland, | 可我的朋友和工作都在克利夫兰 |
[18:24] | so, well, we’ll just have to commute. | 所以 我们只好多飞几趟了 |
[18:26] | You know, we’ll see each other whenever we start missing each other. | 当我们思念彼此时 我们就碰碰面 |
[18:28] | – Right, like we do now. – Exactly. | -好 就像现在一样 -没错 |
[18:36] | Wow, I guess we already have the perfect relationship. | 看来我们已经拥有一份完美的感情了 |
[18:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:42] | I guess we do. | 我想是的 |
[18:46] | But maybe someday, you know, when we’re older, | 可也许有一天 当我们老态龙钟 |
[18:48] | and our agents have turned their back on us– | 经纪人也弃我们而去 |
[18:52] | Even when we’re nobodies, | 就算我们成为落魄的无名之辈 |
[18:53] | you’ll always be somebody to me. | 你也永远是我心中的大明星 |
[18:59] | Hey, you know, I still have that nurse’s uniform upstairs. | 话说 我那小护士服还在楼上呢 |
[19:05] | You think my heart can handle it? | 你觉得我心脏能承受这刺激吗 |
[19:07] | You know a better way to go out? | 牡丹花下死 做鬼也风流 |
[19:12] | And so, a booty call that started with a whimper, | 就这样 炮友之约虽然开局不利 |
[19:15] | ended with a bang. | 却仍然圆满落幕 |
[19:16] | And just a few loose strings. | 留下几段似有若无的恋情 |
[19:18] | Because all the romantic comedies got it right. | 因为就像所有爱情喜剧电影中说的 |
[19:22] | The best happy endings, are the ones we build to last. | 最美好的幸福结局 是持续到永远的那种 |
[19:27] | Although nothing says we can’t have a little fun while we wait. | 不过 也没人说途中我们不能找点乐子啊 |