时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | And so an endangered species | 一个濒危的物种 |
[00:06] | teeters on the brink of extinction, | 在灭绝的边缘摇摇欲坠 |
[00:08] | all because two African black rhinos, | 只因为这两只非洲黑犀牛 |
[00:12] | Moses and Clementine, | 摩西和克莱门廷 |
[00:14] | refuse… | 不愿 |
[00:17] | to make love. | 做爱 |
[00:20] | Oh, Clementine is willing, but unfortunately for her, | 克莱门廷倒是想 但是很不幸 |
[00:23] | the only thing horny about Moses is his face. | 摩西唯一勃起的地方 就是它脸上的角 |
[00:28] | Reporting from the Rhino Barn at the Cleveland Zoo, | 为您在克利夫兰动物园犀牛馆进行报道 |
[00:31] | I am a devastated Victoria Chase. | 我是悲痛欲绝的维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[00:37] | And out. | 停 |
[00:40] | Well, if that doesn’t win me a newsie, | 如果报道这个我都拿不到奖 |
[00:42] | I don’t know what will. | 真不知道什么报道能拿到 |
[00:43] | This isn’t about awards, | 报道的目的不在于得奖 |
[00:46] | it’s about saving a species. | 而是为了拯救一个物种 |
[00:48] | Oh, Elka, it’s not that I don’t care. | 爱尔卡 不是我不在乎 |
[00:50] | Or maybe it is. | 好吧 是不太在乎 |
[00:52] | But if all the black rhinos disappeared tomorrow, | 但如果明天黑犀牛灭绝了 |
[00:54] | would anybody really notice? | 真的会有人注意到吗 |
[00:55] | I mean, I didn’t even know they existed until 20 minutes ago. | 反正我是20分钟前才知道有这个物种 |
[00:59] | Victoria, I found the glycerin for your fake tears. | 维多利亚 你的眼泪道具甘油找到了 |
[01:01] | It’s too late, Joy. | 太迟了 乔依 |
[01:03] | I was forced to cry real tears on camera. | 我被迫在镜头前流下了真实的眼泪 |
[01:06] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go and remove | 失陪 我现在得去拿掉 |
[01:08] | the two clothespins clamped to the tender flesh of my inner thighs. | 那两个夹在我嫩嫩大腿内侧的晒衣夹 |
[01:17] | That’s the rhino mating song. | 那是犀牛的交配之歌 |
[01:19] | Moses is aroused. | 摩西”性奋”了 |
[01:21] | Really? How can you tell? | 真的吗 你怎么看出来的 |
[01:24] | Run, Clementine, run! | 快逃 克莱门廷 快逃 |
[01:26] | But why is he aroused now? What’s changed? | 它为什么现在”性奋”了 是什么促使的呢 |
[01:33] | It’s Joy. | 是乔依 |
[01:36] | You are exuding a powerful musk. | 你的确散发出一股很强烈的麝香 |
[01:38] | Musk? Me? No. | 麝香 我吗 才没有 |
[01:40] | Maybe a little garlic, had scampi last night. | 也许是大蒜味吧 昨晚吃的龙虾 |
[01:42] | Hang on, hang on. | 等下 等下 |
[01:43] | This might be an even better story for my newsie voters. | 这是个对投票者更有吸引力的故事 |
[01:46] | “From across the pond, a smelly savior | 来自大洋彼岸 一个体味浓郁的大救星 |
[01:50] | has these rhinos literally humping for Joy.” | 使得犀牛欢快[乔依]地交配 |
[01:53] | What? You can’t say that! | 什么 你不能这么说 |
[01:56] | And in three, two, one… | 三 二 一 |
[01:59] | Wait. Moses has stopped mating. | 等等 摩西停止交配了 |
[02:01] | His epididymis is shriveling. | 它的附睾在缩小 |
[02:07] | Elka, would you come over here and stand next to Joy please? | 爱尔卡 你能往前一点站在乔依身边吗 |
[02:16] | Just as I thought. | 被我猜对了 |
[02:17] | It’s the mixture of your pheromones that’s turning him on. | 是你们两个混合的费洛蒙激发了它的性欲 |
[02:20] | This is fantastic. The black rhino could be saved. | 这太棒了 黑犀牛有救了 |
[02:23] | That’s nice. Can we go now? | 真好 我们能走了吗 |
[02:24] | No, no, no, you can’t leave | 不不不 你不能走 |
[02:25] | until the mating ritual’s complete. | 你得等到交配结束才能走 |
[02:27] | Usually I’m the one saying that. | 通常说这话的人是我 |
[02:31] | Stay, I beg you. | 留下来 求你了 |
[02:32] | I’m willing to offer you a free zoo membership for the rest of your life. | 我会给你提供动物园终生免费的会员资格 |
[02:35] | And you’ll get a volunteer outfit like mine. | 你还会得到一件跟我的一样的志愿者服装 |
[02:37] | Not helping. | 没有吸引力 |
[02:39] | Oh, please, Joy. | 求你了 乔依 |
[02:41] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[02:43] | By the looks of it, Moses will be done soon anyway. | 看样子 摩西马上就会完事了 |
[02:46] | He’ll probably be dressed, gone, | “他”大概会穿上衣服走掉 |
[02:48] | and enjoying a pint with his mates | 跑去跟好友喝酒 |
[02:50] | before Clementine can even find | 克莱门廷都还没来得及 |
[02:51] | the balled-up silk garter belt | 找到被他忽略的 |
[02:52] | he never even noticed she was wearing. | 揉成一团的丝绸吊袜带 |
[02:57] | Actually, Joy, the black rhino’s mating process | 事实上 乔依 黑犀牛的交配过程 |
[03:00] | is quite complex. It lasts three days. | 是很复杂的 要持续三天 |
[03:02] | Three days? | 三天 |
[03:04] | We’re going to spend three days in a zoo? | 我们要在动物园待三天 |
[03:06] | It’s like Christmas. | 像过圣诞节一样 |
[03:18] | So Elka and Joy have to sleep in a cage? | 爱尔卡和乔依不得不睡在笼子里吗 |
[03:20] | No, no, no, no. The zoo put together | 不不 动物园的人给她们 |
[03:22] | a little makeshift habitat with cots, and blankets, and– | 弄了个临时住所 搞了些帆布床 毯子 |
[03:25] | I don’t know. I left. | 我也不清楚 我先走了 |
[03:28] | Well, maybe we should go visit them. | 我们应该去看看她们 |
[03:30] | Then again, | 再一想 |
[03:31] | it is Friday night. | 这可是周五夜晚 |
[03:32] | And we do look fabulous. | 而且我们看起来美极了 |
[03:34] | And we are freshly botox-ed. I say we go fishin’! | 我们刚刚打过肉毒杆菌 还是钓男人吧 |
[03:39] | Those two look like they could be hooked and mounted. | 那两位看上去很适合钓来被”上”啊 |
[03:44] | We just need to decide which bait to use: | 我们只需搞清楚用什么饵 |
[03:46] | The “sip and smile”… | 抿一口 微笑 |
[03:50] | Or how about the “hair flip followed by a silvery laugh”? | 或者来个”轻抚秀发银铃笑”如何 |
[03:57] | Perfect. Now together. | 完美 现在我们一起来 |
[04:02] | Ooh, they’re biting. | 他们上钩啦 |
[04:04] | Now we just have to clean ’em, and bone ’em. | 现在我们只需拉钩进网 剔骨清洗 |
[04:11] | I swear that sounded cuter in my head. | 我发誓这话在脑子里听着有爱得多 |
[04:15] | Dibs on the one in the ironic work shirt. | 我预订身穿喜感工作衫的那位 |
[04:18] | Look at his arms. He is so my type. | 看那强健的臂肌 太合我胃口了 |
[04:20] | You can’t call dibs, Victoria. | 预订无效 维多利亚 |
[04:22] | What if they’ve already called dibs on one of us? | 他们可能已经预订好我们了 |
[04:24] | No, but girl dibs supersede man dibs. | 女士预订优先 男士预订靠边 |
[04:26] | Men aren’t discriminating, | 男人没什么分辨力的 |
[04:27] | they’ll take whatever we give them. | 他们是来者不拒 |
[04:29] | That’s true. | 你说得对 |
[04:31] | Oh, no. How much did you hear? | 不好 你们听到了多少对话 |
[04:33] | Not much. So, “Freshly botox-ed” Huh? | 没多少 那么 “新鲜肉毒”是吧 |
[04:57] | You know, Joy, this isn’t the first time | 你看 乔依 我和你可不是 |
[04:59] | you and I have been behind bars together. | 头一次一起陷身囹圄了 |
[05:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:04] | And I suppose jail was worse than this. | 这里或许比监狱要滋润些 |
[05:07] | At least here, they didn’t confiscate my belt, | 至少在这儿 他们没有没收我的皮带 |
[05:09] | so I still have the option of hanging myself. | 我还有机会吊死自己 |
[05:21] | What on earth are you doing? | 你到底在鬼叫什么 |
[05:22] | Shh, I’m talking. | 嘘 我在说话 |
[05:25] | Look, Elka, I know you consider yourself some sort of | 爱尔卡 我知道某种程度上你自诩为 |
[05:27] | Dr. Dolittle, but you can’t possibly expect them to respond. | 怪医杜立德 但你不可能真期待它们会回应吧 |
[05:32] | That’s Mokolo, our pygmy chimpanzee. | 那是莫科罗 我们的小黑猩猩 |
[05:36] | That’s his cry of friendship. | 那是它对友谊的呼叫 |
[05:40] | He’s inviting us over. | 它邀请我们过去 |
[05:46] | To pick the nits out of each other’s hair. | 互相剔除毛发里的幼虱 |
[05:50] | Oh, he has the most colorful behind. | 它的小屁屁可红了 |
[05:55] | Does he have a brother? | 它有兄弟吗 |
[06:00] | Wow, a triathlete, huh? | 哇 三项全能运动员 |
[06:02] | Well, I don’t like to brag, but yes. | 我不爱吹嘘 不过是的 |
[06:04] | And I’m also training for the iron man. | 我同时也在训练铁人三项 |
[06:06] | Pretty good chance of winning. So I guess I do like to brag. | 赢面很大 看来我还挺爱吹嘘的 |
[06:10] | I’m also in a jazz band. We’re playing tomorrow night, | 我还是爵士乐队成员 明晚有演出 |
[06:12] | if you’d like to come. | 你愿意赏光就好了 |
[06:13] | – It’s a date. – Oh, good. | -就这么约定了 -太好了 |
[06:15] | I’m always trying to get Scott here to come, | 我一直想让斯科特去捧场 |
[06:16] | but “The senator” here is always too busy. | 但这位参议员先生总是太忙 |
[06:19] | Senator? | 参议员 |
[06:22] | You’re an actual senator? | 你真是位参议员吗 |
[06:24] | A state senator, 39th district, four term. | 州参议员 第39区 连任四届 |
[06:26] | Well, serving on the state level for so long, | 为全州人民服务这么久 |
[06:29] | you must have some national aspirations. | 你一定想为全国人民做点什么吧 |
[06:32] | Oh, ho, ho, ho, you mean the American presidency? | 瞧你说的 成为美利坚总统吗 |
[06:35] | Yes, that’s the plan. | 是的 有此计划 |
[06:38] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[06:39] | While I adore the “Buddy” name patch | 我超爱你这喜感工作衫上的 |
[06:41] | on your ironic work shirt, I realize | 这个”伙计”姓名牌 但我意识到 |
[06:44] | I still don’t know your real name. | 我还不知道你的真名 |
[06:46] | It’s Buddy. | 就叫巴迪[伙计] |
[06:48] | That’s my real name. And this is a real work shirt. | 这是我的真名 而这件也是正经的工作服 |
[06:51] | I’m a janitor. | 我是门房管理员 |
[06:56] | I got it, I got it. | 没关系 我来擦 |
[07:08] | I’m starving! | 我快饿死了 |
[07:09] | Why won’t the zoo feed us like the other animals? | 动物园为什么不连我俩一起喂 |
[07:12] | I always keep a sleeve of fig newtons in my purse. | 我总会在包里放一些无花果夹心酥 |
[07:16] | I’d have offered you one, but–well, you know. | 我倒是愿意给你一个 但 你懂的 |
[07:18] | What? | 什么 |
[07:20] | I didn’t feel like it. | 姐现在不太想发善心 |
[07:23] | Hi, you guys! Oh, isn’t this incredible? | 姐妹们 这真是太奇妙了 |
[07:26] | The two of you living here, saving a species. | 你们两个双宿双飞 拯救濒危动物 |
[07:28] | And speaking of dating a senator, guess who is! | 还有 猜猜谁和参议员约会呢 |
[07:31] | Me! A senator! | 我 和一个参议员 |
[07:34] | And I’m dating a sexy triathlete /jazz musician. | 而我在和一个性感运动员兼爵士音乐人约会 |
[07:39] | – And? – What do you mean? | -还有呢 -什么意思 |
[07:41] | I’ve never heard you describe a man and not include his net worth. | 你描述一个男人时 总会提到他的净资产 |
[07:43] | Well, maybe I’ve changed. | 或许我改变了 |
[07:46] | Or maybe I’m dating a janitor. | 或许因为我在和一个看门的约会 |
[07:50] | Victoria, there’s no shame in dating a janitor. | 维多利亚 和门房管理员约会不丢人 |
[07:52] | His best friend is a senator, who I’m dating! | 人家的好友可是参议员哟 我的约会对象 |
[07:55] | Yeah, well how great can he be | 他能好到哪里去 |
[07:56] | if his best friend is a janitor, who I’m dating? | 他的好友可是个看门的 我的约会对象 |
[07:59] | Where did I think I was going with that? | 我这么说是要糟践自己吗 |
[08:03] | Oh, Scott and I stayed up all night laughing and talking. | 斯科特和我彻夜不眠 交谈甚欢 |
[08:07] | I really think this could go somewhere. | 我真心觉得这次能修成正果 |
[08:10] | Listen to the text he sent me this morning. | 听听他早晨给我发的短信 |
[08:11] | “Melanie, last night was amazing. | “梅兰妮 昨晚真是棒极了 |
[08:13] | I can’t stop thinking about your smile.” | 我无法停止想念你的笑容” |
[08:15] | Aw, that is sweet. | 真甜蜜 |
[08:17] | The only next morning text I ever got was, | 隔日早晨我唯一收过的短信是 |
[08:20] | “You might want to see a doctor.” | “你最好去看下医生” |
[08:28] | You know what’s delightful about Buddy? | 知道巴迪最可爱的地方是什么吗 |
[08:31] | He jingles when he walks. | 他走路时的叮当响 |
[08:33] | Lots of keys, huh? | 一堆钥匙是吧 |
[08:35] | Like a hundred. I can’t date him. | 上百串啊 我没法和他约会 |
[08:38] | You know, which is a shame really, | 但是 真的很可惜 |
[08:40] | because he’s actually very nice, | 他人真的挺好 |
[08:42] | and interesting, and well-read. | 幽默风趣 博学多才 |
[08:46] | So, you can’t date him because you’re a snob. | 你太势利眼 所以没法和他约会 |
[08:48] | No! Because he’s only a janitor. | 不 因为他只是个看门的 |
[08:53] | Even I didn’t like myself when I said that. | 连我自己都讨厌我说的话 |
[08:57] | But you know something? | 但你们知道吗 |
[08:58] | I am going to forget about what he does, | 我要忘掉他的职业 |
[09:00] | and concentrate on who he is. | 专注于他的人品 |
[09:02] | I said that line in the Lifetime original movie, | 我在生活台的原创电影里说过这句台词 |
[09:05] | “The princess and the plumber.” | 片名是《公主与水管工人》 |
[09:07] | I didn’t understand it, but now I do. | 我当时不理解台词的意思 可现在懂了 |
[09:14] | Oh, it’s from Scott again. | 又是斯科特发来的 |
[09:15] | This time he sent a photo. | 这次是一张照片 |
[09:19] | No, no, no, no, | 不 不要 天呐 |
[09:20] | please tell me that’s not what I think it is. | 拜托别是我想的那个玩意儿 |
[09:21] | Yep, that’s his epididymis. | 没错 那是他的附睾 |
[09:25] | Oh, it’s just like Brett Favre, | 这就跟橄榄球星布瑞特·法夫 |
[09:27] | or that Congressman Anthony Weiner. | 和国会议员安东尼·维纳的不雅照一样 |
[09:29] | Oh, my god, I’ve been Weiner-ed. | 我的妈呀 我遇到艳照门了 |
[09:34] | What is it with men texting pictures of their private parts? | 男人都什么毛病 到处乱发私处的照片 |
[09:37] | Well, you know how men all like their gadgets, | 你也知道男人有多爱电子小玩意儿 |
[09:39] | and their private parts. It’s the perfect storm. | 还有他们的”小弟” 金风玉露一相逢 |
[09:44] | Oh, gross. It’s him. | 真恶心 是他打来的 |
[09:47] | Hello, Senator. | 你好 参议员 |
[09:49] | Yes, yes, I got the photo, | 是的没错 我收到照片了 |
[09:51] | and I must say, I was shocked and offended. | 不得不说 我万分震惊 倍感羞辱 |
[09:59] | Oh, okay. | 好 |
[10:00] | I’ll see you tonight. | 晚上见 |
[10:04] | You’re going out with him again? | 你还要和他出去约会 |
[10:05] | It wasn’t a picture of Scott. | 那不是斯科特的照片 |
[10:07] | His email got hacked by a political opponent. | 他的邮箱被一个政敌给黑了 |
[10:09] | And you believe that? | 这话你也信 |
[10:11] | I want to. | 我想要相信嘛 |
[10:13] | Well, just to be sure, do what I always do– | 以防万一 学学我的办法 |
[10:15] | snag his phone and scroll through his photos. | 抓过他的手机 快速浏览他的照片 |
[10:17] | Oh, I’m terrible with that tech stuff. | 高科技的东西我都不在行 |
[10:19] | Well, at least the janitor won’t be texting you dirty pictures. | 至少那个门房不会发给你这种脏东西 |
[10:22] | Very amusing. | 很好笑 |
[10:23] | – Because he likes things clean. – Got it. | -因为他喜欢干净 -懂了 |
[10:28] | – Because he’s a janitor. – Oh, shut up! | -因为门房要做卫生 -闭嘴吧你 |
[10:33] | Melanie, look in the background, | 梅兰妮 你看这背景 |
[10:35] | behind your Senate member’s member. | 参议员老兄的小老弟后面 |
[10:37] | I told you, it’s not his. Oh, is that– | 都说了那不是他 这可是… |
[10:40] | It’s an imperial-size tub of | 是瓶特级大号装的 |
[10:42] | Jeux De Mange Anesse beauty cream. | “SB-II”牌美容霜 |
[10:44] | An imperial what? | 特级大号的啥 |
[10:46] | $1,300 worth of the most age-defying, | 此物价值1300美金 号称具有 |
[10:49] | skin-replenishing moisturizer on the planet. | 史上最强抗衰老能力和修复皮肤效果 |
[10:52] | You’d be more attractive | 你把1300大洋 |
[10:54] | to men if you just taped $1,300 to your face. | 直接贴脸上 对男人还更有吸引力些 |
[11:02] | And then a whole fight broke out on the Senate Floor. | 结果整个参议院一片混战 |
[11:05] | And I realized the world is divided into two types of people– | 我意识到世界已分为了两派不同的人 |
[11:09] | Those who love marshmallow peeps, and those who don’t. | 喜欢棉花糖的 和讨厌棉花糖的 |
[11:14] | And where do you stand, Senator? | 你又是哪一派的呢 参议员 |
[11:16] | Well, I am up for reelection, so I don’t really | 我还打算再次竞选 |
[11:18] | feel comfortable coming down on one side or the other. | 所以我不能支持任何一方 |
[11:21] | Don’t you ever get sick of not being able to have an opinion? | 总是不能发表自己的意见 你不觉得受够了吗 |
[11:23] | Yes. And no. | 是 也不是 |
[11:27] | But, seriously, peeps are disgusting. | 不过说真的 棉花糖好恶心 |
[11:29] | I hate to do this to you, | 很抱歉麻烦你 |
[11:30] | but I’m getting a little chilly out here, | 我现在有点冷了 |
[11:31] | and I left my sweater in your car. | 可我把毛衣落在你车上了 |
[11:33] | I will be right back. | 我马上去拿 |
[11:38] | Oh, thank you. Oh, here, let me move that. | 多谢了 我帮你移开 |
[11:56] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[11:58] | Joy, okay, I have his phone. | 乔依 我拿到他的电话了 |
[12:00] | Press “Settings,” then “Folders.” | 点击”设置” 然后”文件夹” |
[12:03] | Do you see a folder marked “Photos”? | 看到写着”照片”的文件夹了吗 |
[12:05] | – Yes. – Highlight it, | -看到了 -把光标移到上面 |
[12:06] | – then press “Enter.” – I’m in, I’m in. | -按”进入” -进去了 进去了 |
[12:09] | Okay, I’m searching, and I’m searching, searching, | 我找啊找啊找啊找 |
[12:13] | and there’s nothing here. This phone is Wiener-free! | 什么都没有 手机里没有露鸟照 |
[12:15] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[12:17] | Okay, he’s going to be back any minute, so I gotta go. | 他马上就回来了 我挂了 |
[12:25] | Ah, hot, hot, hot, hot. | 烫烫烫烫烫 |
[12:37] | They brought your soup. | 你的汤来了 |
[12:38] | – Looks delicious. – It is. | -看起来味道不错 -的确不错 |
[12:40] | Does. How would I know? | 看起来就不错 我可没尝过 |
[12:46] | Good. | 不错 |
[12:54] | Well–somebody’s hungry. | 有人的肚皮在抗议了 |
[12:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:00] | Quiet, you. | 给我消停点 |
[13:08] | You are an amazing kisser. | 你接吻的技术实在一流 |
[13:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[13:15] | Oh, you smell great. | 你闻起来真香 |
[13:16] | Oh, thank you. It’s Yves St. Laurent, Baby Doll. | 谢谢夸奖 这是圣罗兰的情窦香水 |
[13:20] | – No. – Yes. | -不是 -就是那个 |
[13:23] | No, I’m getting biodegradable surfactant | 不 我闻到的是生物降解表面活性剂 |
[13:26] | and a lovely top note of apple mango. | 加上点迷人的苹果芒果味前调 |
[13:29] | It’s Gain, isn’t it? | 是格尼牌的 对吧 |
[13:32] | What’s Gain? | 格尼是什么 |
[13:35] | Your detergent. | 你的洗衣液 |
[13:36] | What’s detergent? | 什么是洗衣液 |
[13:39] | I’m sorry, that was weird. | 抱歉 我太唐突了 |
[13:40] | I can identify any cleaning product. | 我可以分辨出任何一款清洁产品 |
[13:43] | Occupational hazard. | 算是职业病吧 |
[13:44] | Well, of course. Because you’re a janitor. | 当然 因为你是门房管理员嘛 |
[13:47] | Which I am perfectly fine with. | 我对此毫无怨言 |
[13:49] | Why wouldn’t you be? | 怎么会有怨言呢 |
[13:50] | Well, all I’m saying is that, you know, | 我只是说 |
[13:52] | it’s very big of me to overlook what you do, | 我实在很伟大 既不在乎你的职业 |
[13:54] | and not judge it. | 也不妄加评论 |
[13:56] | Well, I’m glad to hear that, because my job is what I do, | 你能这么想我很高兴 工作只是职业 |
[13:59] | but my life is who I am. | 生活才是人生 |
[14:01] | That’s exactly what the plumber said to me in | 《公主与水管工人》里那个水管工 |
[14:03] | “The princess and the plumber”. | 就是这么跟我说的 |
[14:04] | Although he turned out to be a secret prince. | 不过他其实是个隐姓埋名的王子 |
[14:07] | Are–? Did–? | 你是否也… |
[14:08] | Not a prince. | 我不是王子 |
[14:10] | But I did go to Princeton. | 不过我倒是普林斯顿大学毕业的 |
[14:11] | You went to Princeton and you’re a janitor? | 你是普大毕业的 结果只当了个门房 |
[14:15] | What’s wrong with education for education’s sake? | “学不致用”有什么不对 |
[14:17] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我压根不懂这句话是什么意思 |
[14:21] | Look, I enjoy my work, but then I’m free to read, | 我享受自己的工作 又有闲暇时间读书 |
[14:24] | see friends, spend time with an incredibly beautiful woman. | 见朋友 与你这位美艳动人的女士约会 |
[14:29] | I’m living a very happy life on my own terms. | 以我自己的标准 我现在生活得很幸福 |
[14:33] | Does that sound so bad? | 这话听上去很不堪吗 |
[14:34] | No. It actually sounds great. | 不 听起来还真是很受用 |
[14:37] | And there is precedent. | 这种事女明星有不少先例 |
[14:39] | You know, Cher had her bagel boy, | 雪儿找了个卖面包的 |
[14:41] | Elizabeth Taylor her construction worker, | 伊丽莎白·泰勒嫁了个建筑工 |
[14:43] | And Marilyn Monroe had that writer. | 玛丽莲·梦露嫁了个作家 |
[14:44] | Miller. | 米勒[磨坊主] |
[14:46] | No, I’m–I’m pretty sure he was a writer. | 不 我很确定他是个作家 |
[14:50] | You’re adorable. | 你真可爱 |
[14:55] | Is there any chance that that jazz band thing might take off? | 你的爵士乐队有没有可能打进演艺圈呢 |
[14:59] | What am I saying? Jazz. | 我做什么梦呢 爵士那么小众 |
[15:03] | Why is this such a big deal for you? | 你为什么对这事这么在意呢 |
[15:05] | Oh, I don’t know. Or– | 我也不知道 但… |
[15:07] | Yeah, I do. | 好吧 我自有原因 |
[15:09] | My dad was a stage actor, | 我爸是个舞台剧演员 |
[15:12] | and he and my mother were constantly fighting over money, | 他和我妈以前总是为钱争吵 |
[15:14] | and I swore that when I grew up | 那时我就发誓 等我长大了 |
[15:17] | I would only be with someone who had so much money | 我一定要嫁个有钱人 |
[15:19] | that there was just no possibility we would ever fight about it. | 我们绝不需要为钱争吵 |
[15:23] | I guess that’s always been in the back of my mind, and– | 这念头一直藏在我心里的某个角落 |
[15:27] | Well, it’s not something that I’m proud of. | 我并不为此感到骄傲 |
[15:30] | So you’re like Becky Sharp in Vanity Fair. | 你就像是《名利场》里的贝琪·夏普 |
[15:30] | 贝琪·夏普出自名著《名利场》 出身贫寒 爱慕虚荣 野心勃勃] | |
[15:34] | I only read the Hollywood issue. | 我只看《名利场》杂志的好莱坞特辑 |
[15:38] | I’m really sorry. | 实在抱歉 |
[15:40] | I understand. It’s too bad, though. | 我能理解 但这实在可惜 |
[15:43] | I actually think we might have had something special. | 我还以为我们之间能擦出不一样的火花 |
[15:49] | Wait, I’m–I’m feeling conflicted. | 等等 我内心很挣扎 |
[15:51] | Maybe we should just, you know, kiss some more and then– | 我们可以 再接接吻 然后… |
[15:53] | Goodbye, Victoria. | 再见了 维多利亚 |
[16:06] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[16:25] | Got a lot of candles lit out here. | 我这边点了不少蜡烛 |
[16:28] | Feels a little girly without the girl. | 你不过来 会显得我很娘 |
[16:30] | I’ll be out in a minute. Don’t start without me. | 我马上过去 一定要等我 |
[16:32] | Too late! | 自娱自乐上了 |
[16:35] | Joking. | 我开玩笑呢 |
[16:41] | Jeux de mange anesse. | “SB-II”牌美容霜 |
[16:50] | You can stop covering your ears now. They’re done. | 你可以不用捂耳朵了 它们完事了 |
[16:54] | Thank god, we can go home in the morning. | 谢天谢地 我们明早终于可以回家了 |
[16:56] | I don’t think there’s ever been an English person | 我觉得从来没有哪个英国人 |
[16:58] | who’s looking forward to brushing their teeth as much as me. | 像我这么等不及要刷牙的 |
[17:03] | I’m sad. Tonight’s our last night. | 好伤感哦 明天就要走了 |
[17:07] | I don’t get you, Elka. | 我真搞不懂你 爱尔卡 |
[17:08] | What is it with you and animals? | 你对动物哪来这么深厚的感情 |
[17:10] | They were here first. | 它们比人类更早扎根地球 |
[17:12] | – Well, sure, but… – But nothing. | -没错 但是… -没有但是 |
[17:15] | We hunt them for sport, | 我们把打猎当作消遣 |
[17:17] | we destroy their natural habitat. | 毁了它们的自然栖息地 |
[17:20] | Sometimes it makes me embarrassed to walk erect. | 有时候我都没脸直立行走 |
[17:23] | But you help animals. They love you. | 但是你热心帮助动物 它们爱你 |
[17:25] | They don’t love me. They–just love. | 它们并不是爱我 它们那是博爱 |
[17:29] | And that love is the purest, | 它们的爱是这世上最纯洁 |
[17:31] | most joyous thing in the world. | 最令人喜悦的事物 |
[17:34] | That’s beautiful. | 这话真感人 |
[17:36] | God, I’m starving. | 天 饿死我了 |
[17:38] | Any fig newtons left? | 还有无花果夹心酥吗 |
[17:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 没了 |
[17:42] | Eat the peanuts those kids threw at you. | 吃点那群孩子扔给你的花生吧 |
[17:47] | I am not going to eat peanuts off the floor of the zoo. | 我还没沦落到 捡动物园地上的花生吃 |
[17:51] | Although that one looks all right. | 不过那个看着还算干净 |
[17:56] | I’m Victoria Chase at the Channel Seven news desk, | 我是七频道的新闻主播 维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[17:59] | and here are the stories we’re working on. | 下面是几则我们在追踪的新闻 |
[18:01] | Ohio senator Scott McCloney resigned from office today | 俄州参议员斯科特·麦克隆尼今天辞去公职 |
[18:04] | as three more women came forward | 因为又有三名女性主动承认 |
[18:05] | in the sex text scandal. | 自己是短信性丑闻的受害者 |
[18:08] | And there’s happy news at the Cleveland zoo. | 来自克利夫兰动物园的好消息 |
[18:10] | Clementine, the endangered black rhino, is pregnant. | 属于濒危物种的黑犀牛克莱门廷怀孕了 |
[18:13] | The baby, due in 15 months, | 犀牛宝宝将于15个月后出生 |
[18:15] | will be named Jelka. | 它将被命名为乔尔卡 |
[18:18] | And, finally, a Cleveland man has come forward to claim | 终于 一名克利夫兰男子前往认领了 |
[18:21] | the $140 million lotto jackpot. | 一亿四千万元的乐透大奖 |
[18:24] | The lucky winner is– | 这位幸运的中奖者是 |
[18:28] | Buddy Nelner? What? | 巴迪·尼尔纳 搞没搞错 |
[18:31] | A janitor from Mayfield Heights, | 这位来自梅菲尔德海茨的门房管理员 |
[18:33] | who apparently swept the winning ticket into his dust pan. | 将这张中奖彩票扫入了自己的簸箕 |
[18:37] | What a heartwarming story. | 多么暖人心房的故事啊 |
[18:39] | Well, to Mr. Buddy Nelner, this reporter says, “Congrats.” | 对巴迪·尼尔纳先生 我想说声恭喜 |
[18:43] | And… | 还有 |
[18:44] | Call me. | 打电话给我 |
[18:47] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[18:48] | I could be dating a millionaire right now if I’d just picked | 如果我当时选了门房 而不是露鸟参议员 |
[18:51] | the janitor and not senator junk mail. | 那我现在可能就是亿万富婆了 |
[18:54] | You’re forgetting, Buddy’s in a jazz band. | 你可别忘了 巴迪玩爵士乐队 |
[18:57] | Oh, yeah. That’s a long evening. | 是啊 那晚相当难熬 |
[19:01] | It’s really cute that they’re going to name | 他们要给小犀牛取你们两个的名字 |
[19:03] | the baby rhino after you guys. | 真暖心啊 |
[19:05] | We saved a species, Joy. Thank you. | 我们拯救了一个物种 乔依 谢谢你 |
[19:08] | I was wondering, do rhinos mate for life? | 我在想 犀牛是”一生只爱一只牛”吗 |
[19:11] | Well, these will, they don’t have anybody else. | 这对必然是 它们想劈腿也没别的牛了 |
[19:14] | Strangely, that gives me hope. | 奇怪的是 这倒是给了我希望 |
[19:16] | And before you say anything, it gives me hope. | 在你讽刺打击我之前 它们给了我希望 |
[19:19] | You’ll find somebody. Just be patient. | 你会找到真爱的 耐心点就好 |
[19:20] | Let nature take its course. | 顺其自然吧 |
[19:23] | You really think so? | 你真心这么想吗 |
[19:24] | Well, sure. If a black rhino can find love, | 当然啦 黑犀牛都能找到真爱 |
[19:27] | so can a white wino. | 更何况你这个白种酒鬼 |