时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:05] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉来晚了 |
[00:06] | What did I miss? | 我错过什么了 |
[00:07] | Oh, we were just telling sad, bloated Melanie | 我们刚跟悲伤又自大的梅兰妮说 |
[00:10] | that Alec was right to break up with her. | 阿莱克跟她分手是多么明智 |
[00:12] | What? That’s a horrible thing to say! | 什么 你们怎么能这么说 |
[00:14] | You’re gonna make her cry. | 她不得哭死才怪 |
[00:15] | That’s the plan. | 就想让她哭 |
[00:18] | I haven’t been able to cry since Alec and I broke up, | 和阿莱克分手后我一直哭不出来 |
[00:21] | and I feel like it’s all bottled up inside me. | 我感觉这郁闷全都憋在心里了 |
[00:23] | If I could just get one good cry, maybe I could get over him. | 如果能大哭一场 也许我就能把他忘了 |
[00:26] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[00:28] | Has anyone mentioned that he’s probably banging | 你们有没有提到 阿莱克说不定 |
[00:30] | some hot 20-something already? | 已经搞上一个20多岁的辣妹了 |
[00:33] | I said twins. | 我说的是双胞胎 |
[00:36] | Well, the movie’s in ten minutes. | 好吧 电影还有十分钟就开始了 |
[00:38] | Everyone says you can’t watch The Diary without bursting into tears. | 大家都说一看《悲情日记》准会嚎啕大哭 |
[00:42] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[00:42] | The Diary is the movie The Notebook goes to see | 《恋恋笔记本》这种催泪电影想要感受伤心时 |
[00:44] | when it wants to feel sad. | 也会去看《悲情日记》呢 |
[00:47] | After all the artsy-fartsy cinema Elka and I have had | 我跟爱尔卡在电影理论课上 |
[00:49] | to sit through in our theory of film class, | 可是把各种装逼文艺片看了个遍 |
[00:51] | we could use a little mindless entertainment. | 看看这种简约的片子消遣下也好 |
[00:54] | No subtitles, no moral ambiguity, | 没有字幕 没有伦理的困境 |
[00:56] | no chess games with death. | 没有死亡博弈 |
[00:57] | And only good-looking people get naked. | 只有帅哥靓女赤身裸体 |
[01:02] | You know what, you guys? I’m really not up for a movie. | 说真的 我现在真没心情去看什么电影 |
[01:04] | You go, I’m gonna stay here and finish my wine. | 你们去吧 我留下来一醉方休 |
[01:06] | – I’ll pay the check. – Oh, honey, are you sure? | -我来买单 -亲爱的 你确定不去 |
[01:07] | No, don’t try to be nice. It only makes it harder. | 别假惺惺的 这只会让我更难受 |
[01:09] | Well, bye, Mel. Sorry you’re so hideous. | 那好吧 拜拜 梅梅 你这个丑八怪 |
[01:14] | And unlovable. | 讨厌鬼 |
[01:16] | Have fun dying alone. | 独自终老无人陪 |
[01:20] | Nothing. | 没感觉 |
[01:38] | Bourbon and branch. | 波本威士忌加水 |
[01:43] | Empty… | 空的 |
[01:45] | just like my life. | 就像我的生活 |
[01:48] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[01:49] | I’m sorry. It’s just that… | 抱歉 只是… |
[01:51] | there’s no nut in my peanut. | 这颗花生没有仁儿 |
[01:55] | That’s a bummer, but easily remedied. | 是挺扫兴 不过换一盘就好 |
[01:58] | Oh, why bother? I didn’t even want the damn peanut! | 真是多此一举 我压根儿也没想吃花生 |
[02:03] | I just want Alec. | 我只想要阿莱克 |
[02:05] | Hey, don’t cry. | 好了 快别哭了 |
[02:07] | No, no, this is really good. | 不 哭出来其实挺爽的 |
[02:08] | This is the first time I’ve been able to cry | 这是我和阿莱克分手后 |
[02:10] | since I broke up with my boyfriend. | 头一次能哭出来 |
[02:12] | – Alec? – Oh, my God, you know him? | -阿莱克 -天啊 你认识他 |
[02:14] | No, you… you just… never mind. | 不 是你自己说… 无所谓了 |
[02:17] | Look, I’m here, so you want to talk about it? | 既然我在这 你想找人倾诉下吗 |
[02:20] | So much. But just talk. | 求之不得 但就是随便聊聊 |
[02:23] | ‘Cause I never want to be with another man. | 因为我再也不想找男人了 |
[02:25] | Never, ever, ever again! | 再也不想了 永远 绝不 |
[02:29] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[02:32] | Oh, no! | 不是吧 |
[02:36] | Oh, no! | 真的不是吧 |
[02:39] | Oh, hey, peanut. | 你好 花生妹 |
[02:43] | Listen, I’m really embarrassed, | 听着 我好尴尬 |
[02:44] | but I don’t remember anything about last night, | 但我真的不记得昨晚的任何事了 |
[02:47] | so I need you to answer one | 所以请你务必回答我 |
[02:50] | very important question. | 一个非常重要的问题 |
[02:53] | Did I eat all these candy bars? | 这些巧克力糖都是我吃的吗 |
[02:56] | No, no, no. That was me. | 不 是我吃的 |
[02:59] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[03:01] | – We have sex? – No. | -我们做爱了吗 -没有 |
[03:03] | I mean… nothing actionable. | 我是说…没有违反法律的行为 |
[03:06] | What does that mean? | 你什么意思 |
[03:08] | Look, you were sad and a little drunk, | 听着 你当时很难过还喝多了 |
[03:09] | so I drove you home to make sure you were safe. | 我不放心你所以开车送你回来 |
[03:12] | And then I laid you… | 然后我把你… |
[03:14] | down on these sheets, and they are so soft. | 放在这床单上 它们可真软 |
[03:17] | What is the thread count on these babies? | 这些小可爱是用什么织的 |
[03:18] | Forget about the sheets. | 别说床单了 |
[03:20] | What did we do on the sheets? | 我们在床单上干了什么 |
[03:22] | Don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[03:23] | we didn’t exchange any fluids. | 我们没有交换任何体液 |
[03:25] | Well, I spilled a little Sprite on you, but… | 虽说我洒了点雪碧在你身上 不过 |
[03:28] | mostly we just cuddled, | 大部分时间我们只是相拥而睡 |
[03:30] | which was nice. | 感觉真不错 |
[03:32] | It was so nice. You’re nice. | 真心不错 你真不错 |
[03:36] | Yeah, anyway, thank you for taking me home last night, | 好吧 谢谢你昨晚送我回来 |
[03:39] | but I do have a doctor’s appointment at… | 不过我跟医生约好了… |
[03:41] | Oh, my God! It’s almost 10:00. | 天呐 都快10点了 |
[03:43] | – So can you… – Oh, I got a meeting at 10:00! | -你能不能 -我10点也有个会面 |
[03:47] | Hey, do you have any idea where 68 Cedarcliff Road is? | 你知道雪松崖路68号在哪里吗 |
[03:51] | 68 Cedarcliff Road? That’s here. | 雪松崖路68号 就是这啊 |
[04:09] | You didn’t see this. | 你什么都没看见 |
[04:12] | You didn’t see this. | 你也什么都没看见 |
[04:19] | Expecting someone? | 在等人吗 |
[04:20] | Yes, my secret weapon to get Emmet out of jail. | 是啊 能让艾米特免受牢狱之灾的秘密武器 |
[04:24] | Danny Doyle. They call him “The Fixer.” | 丹尼·道尔 人称”平事者” |
[04:27] | He’s gonna bribe the judge in Emmet’s case. | 他会在艾米特的案子中贿赂法官 |
[04:29] | – Victoria! – No, I know! | -维多利亚 -我知道 |
[04:30] | But Emmet’s arraignment is tomorrow, | 不过艾米特明天就要被传讯了 |
[04:31] | and I’m desperate. | 我这是无奈之举啊 |
[04:33] | Wouldn’t you do anything you could | 难道你不会尽你所能 |
[04:34] | – to keep your fiance Out of jail? – Of course. | -去帮你的未婚夫免除牢狱之灾吗 -当然会 |
[04:37] | – Does Emmet know about this? – No. | -艾米特知道这事吗 -不知道 |
[04:39] | He wants to do things above board. | 他想光明正大处理这事 |
[04:41] | But did Honor St. Raven get off death row | 但欧娜·圣瑞雯能逃脱死刑 |
[04:44] | by going above board? No! | 靠的是光明正大吗 才不是 |
[04:47] | No, her lawyers went to a voodoo high priestess. | 不 她的律师都去找巫毒高阶女祭司了 |
[04:50] | A woefully miscast Mary Lou Retton. | 这角色让玛莉·卢·雷顿演太失误了[体操选手] |
[04:55] | Didn’t she win the Emmy? | 她不是因此得了艾美奖吗 |
[05:05] | Victoria Chase? Danny Doyle. | 维多利亚·蔡斯吗 我是丹尼·道尔 |
[05:07] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:07] | This is Joy Scroggs. | 这位是乔依·斯克罗格 |
[05:09] | Let me get one thing straight right off the bat. | 有件事我得立马澄清 |
[05:11] | I operate completely within the bounds of the law. | 我完全遵照法律规则行事 |
[05:17] | I’m not wearing a wire. | 我没装窃听器 |
[05:18] | Good, let’s bribe some judges. | 很好 我们来贿赂法官吧 |
[05:20] | Wait, are you really as good as they say you are? | 慢着 你真像外面传言的那样厉害吗 |
[05:22] | Did John Glenn go to jail for murder? | 航天员约翰·格伦因谋杀罪坐牢了吗 |
[05:24] | – What murder? – I rest my case! | -什么谋杀罪 -陈述完毕 |
[05:27] | Oh, I didn’t realize | 我都没意识到 |
[05:29] | we had a total stranger in the house. | 家里来了位完全不认识的陌生人 |
[05:33] | Melanie, this is Danny Doyle. | 梅兰妮 这位是丹尼·道尔 |
[05:34] | He came here to help me with Emmet’s case. | 他来帮我处理艾米特的案子 |
[05:36] | I am very pleased to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:38] | Why, yes, we should shake hands, | 是啊 我们应该握手 |
[05:40] | since we’re meeting for the very first time. | 因为我们可真的是头一次见面 |
[05:45] | Don’t mind her. She’s going through a breakup. | 别介意 她还没走出分手的阴影 |
[05:47] | Yes, poor, old, wrinkled Melanie. | 是啊 年老色衰 满脸褶子的梅兰妮 |
[05:50] | Okay, guys, you can stop. I cried last night… | 好啦 你们不用刺激我哭了 我昨晚哭过了 |
[05:54] | and a little bit a few minutes ago. | 几分钟前也稍微哭了一下 |
[05:56] | Well, I’ll just go get those non-sequential hundreds | 我这就去把从银行取来的 |
[05:59] | that I so awkwardly got from the bank yesterday. | 不连号的百元大钞拿过来 |
[06:03] | And I’m late for class. | 我上课要迟到啦 |
[06:05] | I’m a student. College. | 我是个学生 大学生 |
[06:07] | Sort of reinventing myself. | 重塑一下自我 |
[06:10] | Nobody cares. Good-bye. | 没人鸟我 回见 |
[06:14] | I have to see you again, Melanie. | 我还想再见到你 梅兰妮 |
[06:16] | No. | 不行 |
[06:17] | Last night was last night. | 昨晚的事就让它过去吧 |
[06:19] | Women never say no to me. | 女人从来没有拒绝过我 |
[06:21] | – Really? – I date prostitutes. | -真的吗 -因为我只跟妓女约会 |
[06:25] | So if they did, they really wouldn’t be doing their job. | 要是她们会拒绝 就不会干这一行了 |
[06:28] | You date prostitutes? | 你竟然跟妓女约会 |
[06:29] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[06:30] | when I saw you at the bar I assumed that… | 我昨晚在酒吧遇到你时 我以为… |
[06:31] | You thought I was a prostitute? | 你当时以为我是妓女吗 |
[06:34] | Well, you were making a meal of those peanuts | 你吃花生吃得那么欢 |
[06:35] | and drinking other people’s wine. | 还喝别人的酒 |
[06:37] | I knew you weren’t upper management. | 一看就知道不是什么正经女人 |
[06:40] | But now I think you’re something else entirely. | 但现在我知道你是完全不同的人 |
[06:43] | You’re a real lady. | 你是真正的淑女 |
[06:44] | I passed out drunk and woke up with a total stranger. | 我喝晕了 还跟个陌生人睡在了一起 |
[06:47] | That’s how my mom met my dad. | 我爸妈就是这么认识的 |
[06:50] | By the way, they can’t wait to meet you. | 话说他们都等不及要见你了 |
[06:53] | Yeah… not gonna happen. | 得了吧 你想得美 |
[06:55] | Good luck with whatever it is you two are doing. | 不知道你们两个在搞什么 不过祝你们好运 |
[06:58] | Okay, here’s your money. Go and do your magic. | 拿着我的钱 去替我消灾 |
[07:01] | Change of plans. I don’t want the money. | 计划有变 我不想要钱了 |
[07:02] | – I want Melanie. – What? | -我要梅兰妮 -什么 |
[07:04] | You have to get her to go out with me. | 你必须说服她跟我约会 |
[07:05] | Oh, well, she’s not really dating anyone right now. | 她现在没心情跟任何人约会 |
[07:07] | She’s sort of going through a bad breakup. | 她正处于失恋的痛苦中呢 |
[07:09] | Make it happen, or our whole deal’s off. | 办法你去想 否则我就不干了 |
[07:11] | Okay. I’ll go ask her. | 好吧 我去请她牺牲下 |
[07:15] | You know, I can pretty much guarantee | 我倒是能保证说服 |
[07:17] | that I could get Joy to go out with you. | 乔依跟你约会 |
[07:20] | Melanie. | 我要梅兰妮 |
[07:24] | Where’s Melanie? | 梅兰妮呢 |
[07:26] | She went to the doctor’s. | 她去看医生了 |
[07:31] | Shoot. | 靠 |
[07:34] | Melanie, I need to speak to you, about Danny. | 梅兰妮 我想跟你聊聊丹尼 |
[07:38] | Yes, he is cute. | 是啊 他是很帅 |
[07:44] | Good news! It’s a date. | 好消息 约好了 |
[07:46] | Tonight, here, she’s gonna cook for you. | 今晚在这里 她会亲自给你准备晚餐 |
[07:48] | – What is she making? – Why? | -她准备做什么菜 -怎么了 |
[07:50] | ‘Cause some foods make me gassy. | 有的东西我一吃就容易放屁 |
[07:53] | – I’ll let her know. – Okay. | -我会跟她说的 -好的 |
[07:58] | I only give out one “A” per semester, | 每学期我只会给出一个”A” |
[08:00] | and that goes to the student film | 给你们所有人的作品中 |
[08:01] | that nauseates me the least. | 最不让我恶心的那部 |
[08:04] | – I have an idea. – So, nothing cute, | -我有个想法 -不要卖萌 |
[08:06] | and for God’s sakes, nothing with animals. | 也拜托你们别去拍什么动物 |
[08:09] | I have no ideas. | 我没想法了 |
[08:13] | No flowers opening slowly, all right? | 不要搞什么慢慢绽放的鲜花 |
[08:15] | I know what a vagina looks like. | 我知道阴道长什么样 |
[08:17] | It looks like years of alimony. | 等着你的就是多年的赡养费 |
[08:20] | I’m out too. | 我也没想法了 |
[08:26] | Dr. Dubin is still in delivery. | 迪宾医生还在接生 |
[08:28] | Do you want to reschedule or see one of the other doctors? | 你要重新预约 还是换个医生 |
[08:30] | Oh, another doctor is fine. | 那就换个医生吧 |
[08:32] | So just in for your annual checkup? | 只是一年一次的例行体检是吧 |
[08:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:35] | Although I did sleep with someone last night, | 不过我昨晚跟人睡了 |
[08:36] | but he said we didn’t do anything. | 但他说我们什么也没做 |
[08:39] | On the other hand, he’s kind of sleazy, | 话说回来 他生活有点不大检点 |
[08:41] | and he usually sleeps with prostitutes… | 经常跟妓女搞在一起 |
[08:43] | but I really don’t think we did anything. | 但我真心觉得我们什么也没做 |
[08:45] | So it might be something to be noted. | 所以可能需要注意一下 |
[08:47] | Or not. | 或不用 |
[08:48] | Actually, don’t put any of that down. | 算了 还是别记了 |
[08:52] | Why are you writing? | 你怎么还在写呢 |
[08:54] | Just notes for the doctor. | 只是给医生的一点备注 |
[08:55] | Now, let’s get your weight. | 现在量体重吧 |
[08:58] | Do we have to? | 非得量吗 |
[08:59] | Because I drank, like, a gallon of wine last night. | 我昨晚喝了得有一加仑的酒 |
[09:02] | Can’t you just put down what I was last year? | 就不能直接填去年的体重吗 |
[09:05] | Why are you still writing? | 你怎么还在写 |
[09:11] | Oh, let’s see. | 看看 |
[09:16] | Just put that down! | 记下这个数就好了 |
[09:19] | The doctor will be right in. | 医生很快就过来 |
[09:30] | Shoot. | 该死的 |
[09:37] | Melanie? | 梅兰妮 |
[09:44] | So in 1939, German SS officers | 1939年 德国党卫军军官 |
[09:47] | commandeered your family’s home in Krakow. | 占领了你的故乡克拉科夫 是吗 |
[09:49] | You must have been terrified. | 你当时肯定吓坏了 |
[09:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:53] | But I was one of the lucky ones. | 但我还算是死里逃生 |
[09:55] | I said good-bye to the animals on the farm, | 我跟农场里的动物们告了别 |
[09:59] | and fled Poland that very night. | 当晚就逃离了波兰 |
[10:05] | And, cut! | 停 |
[10:08] | That was beautiful, Elka. | 拍得太棒了 爱尔卡 |
[10:11] | My film’s got everything those Oscar-winners have… | 我的电影具备了得奥斯卡的一切因素 |
[10:13] | craggy-looking old people talking about Nazis. | 长相崎岖的老太太谈论纳粹 |
[10:18] | I’m a shoo-in to get that “A.” | 我肯定会拿下”A”了 |
[10:21] | Not so fast. | 先等会儿 |
[10:22] | I want to interview you for my film. | 我还想为我的电影采访你呢 |
[10:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:25] | But my story can’t possibly be as interesting as yours. | 但我的故事怎么可能有你的故事那么精彩 |
[10:28] | Oh, don’t put yourself down, Joy. | 别上赶着贬低自己 乔依 |
[10:31] | That’s my job. | 那是我该干的 |
[10:36] | Hey, guys, guess what. | 嘿 你们猜怎么着 |
[10:37] | I have a date with my gynecologist. | 我和我的妇科大夫有个约会 |
[10:40] | They’re called appointments, dear. | 那叫预约 亲爱的 |
[10:45] | We’ve all been there, Melanie. | 我们都经历过 梅兰妮 |
[10:47] | So desperate for a man’s touch | 饥渴难耐想要男人的触摸 |
[10:49] | you make an appointment you don’t even need. | 就去预约一个根本不需要的会诊 |
[10:52] | No, I’ve never done that. | 不 我从没这么干过 |
[10:54] | Nor have I. | 我也没有 |
[10:57] | No, this is a real date. | 不 这可是货真价实的约会 |
[10:58] | Remember that cute doctor I met when the bar got held up, | 记得那次酒吧事故中 我认识的可爱医生吗 |
[11:01] | and he needed me to take off my spanx | 他需要我脱下塑型裤 |
[11:02] | so he could use it as a tourniquet, | 让他当做止血带使用 |
[11:03] | and I thought, at the time, | 当时我以为 |
[11:04] | that’s the most embarrassing way possible to meet a guy? | 那绝对是认识男人最丢人的方式了 |
[11:07] | Well, same guy, more embarrassing way. | 结果 同一个人 这次更丢人 |
[11:11] | You didn’t let him examine you. | 你不会让他给你做妇科检查了吧 |
[11:12] | No, no, no, no. And I know I said | 没有没有 我知道自己说过 |
[11:14] | I wasn’t gonna start dating yet, but… | 我还没准备好开始新恋情 但是 |
[11:16] | You know what? Maybe this is just what I need | 知道吗 说不定我就需要这么做 |
[11:17] | to get over Alec. | 来忘掉阿莱克 |
[11:19] | You know the old saying. | 你知道俗话怎么说 |
[11:20] | When God closes a door, he opens a window? | 上帝关上一扇门 就打开一扇窗 |
[11:22] | No. | 才不是 |
[11:23] | The best way to get over a man | 忘掉一个男人最好的办法 |
[11:25] | is to get under another one. | 就是躺在另一个男人的身下 |
[11:36] | Wait, wait. | 等会儿 等会儿 |
[11:37] | Wasn’t this the guy who said he’d call you | 他不就是那个说给你打电话 |
[11:39] | and never did? | 却一直没打的家伙吗 |
[11:40] | Yes, but that’s because | 是的 但那是因为 |
[11:41] | he got back together with his girlfriend. | 他之前跟女朋友和好了 |
[11:42] | And then he didn’t want to call just to say he wasn’t gonna call, | 后来他不想只打过来说 他不会给我打电话 |
[11:44] | but now they’ve broken up, | 但现在他们分手了 |
[11:45] | so we can be two miserable peas in a pod together. | 所以我俩这情路不顺的可以凑一块儿了 |
[11:48] | I’m excited! | 我好激动 |
[11:50] | Oh, there you are, Melanie. | 梅兰妮 你在这儿呢 |
[11:51] | Guess what. I have a date tomorrow night. | 你猜怎么着 明晚我有个约会 |
[11:53] | Perfect! | 太好了 |
[11:53] | So what you need is a practice date tonight. | 你今晚正好需要彩排一下 |
[11:57] | What? | 什么 |
[11:58] | Yes, I can get you a date with Danny Doyle. | 是的 我可以帮你约丹尼·道尔 |
[12:02] | Tonight at 8:00? Done and done. | 今晚8点 说好了啊 |
[12:04] | I’m not following. | 我没明白 |
[12:05] | Yeah, I met him last night at the bar, | 好吧 我昨晚在酒吧认识的他 |
[12:06] | we spent the night together, we didn’t do anything, | 我们一起过了个夜 什么都没干 |
[12:08] | and now he thinks he’s in love with me. | 现在他以为自己爱上我了 |
[12:09] | Up to speed. | 完全了解了 |
[12:12] | I can’t date him. | 我不能跟他约会 |
[12:13] | He dates prostitutes. | 他跟妓女约会 |
[12:15] | And he spilled Sprite on me. He’s not my type. | 他把雪碧喷我一身 再说他不是我的菜 |
[12:18] | Look, I know this is a huge thing, | 听着 我知道这事很大 |
[12:19] | but it’s just dinner. | 不过这就是吃个晚餐而已 |
[12:21] | And I’ll monitor your drinking | 我会监督你喝酒 |
[12:22] | so that you don’t end up in bed with him again. | 这样你就不至于沦落到再跟他上床的地步 |
[12:25] | Oh, please? | 拜托啦 |
[12:26] | He’s refusing to help Emmet if you don’t give him another chance. | 如果你不再给他一次机会 他就拒绝帮助艾米特 |
[12:30] | Fine, I’ll let him take me to dinner. | 好吧 我让他带我去吃晚餐 |
[12:32] | Actually, you’re cooking. | 事实上 你得下厨 |
[12:35] | And I would avoid dairy and legumes. | 而且 尽量别做奶制品和豆类 |
[12:38] | – Why? – Nothing. | -为什么 -没什么 |
[12:46] | Okay, Danny will be here any minute. | 好了 丹尼随时会到 |
[12:47] | Go put something sexier on. | 去穿件性感的衣服 |
[12:49] | No, I’m doing this to get Emmet off, | 才不要 我这么做是为了救艾米特出来 |
[12:51] | not Danny. | 不是让丹尼射出来 |
[12:54] | And I’m breaking up with him tomorrow after the arraignment, | 明天传讯完之后 我就跟他分手 |
[12:56] | and I’m going out with Aaron tomorrow night. | 明晚我要跟亚伦出去 |
[12:58] | Absolutely, but at least go put some lipstick on. | 当然了 但至少涂点口红吧 |
[13:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:06] | I’m 90. I’ll get it. | 我都90岁了 我去开门 |
[13:09] | Just tell Danny I’ll be down in a sec. | 告诉丹尼我马上就下来 |
[13:12] | Hi, I’m Dr. Everett. Is Melanie home? | 嗨 我是埃弗雷特医生 梅兰妮在家吗 |
[13:15] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[13:16] | Um, no… | 不 |
[13:18] | I mean, no, she’s not. | 我是说 她不在家 |
[13:20] | Tell him to come on in and open the wine. | 叫他进来 把酒打开 |
[13:22] | Oh, I guess I was wrong. | 我想我错了 |
[13:26] | Come in, Dr. Everett. | 请进 埃弗雷特医生 |
[13:29] | – Aaron? – Hi! | -亚伦 -嗨 |
[13:30] | Aaron… I… uh… Aaron, hi. | 亚伦 我 亚伦 嗨 |
[13:34] | – Elka, this is Aaron. – Yes. | -爱尔卡 这位是亚伦 -我知道 |
[13:36] | I told him you weren’t here, | 我还告诉他你不在家 |
[13:38] | but then you opened your big mouth and I was wrong. | 可接着你就嚎了一嗓子 证明我错了 |
[13:44] | You left your wallet at the office, | 你把钱包落在我的办公室了 |
[13:47] | so I thought it might be cute if I returned it, | 我想着如果我给你送回来 可能会很有爱 |
[13:49] | like I did the first time. | 就像上次那样 |
[13:51] | Aw, that is cute. | 真的很有爱 |
[13:52] | I’m sorry, I thought our date was tomorrow night. | 不好意思 我们的约会不是明晚吗 |
[13:55] | Oh, my God, I’m such an idiot! | 天呐 我真傻 |
[13:56] | You’re right, it is tomorrow night, | 你说得对 的确是明晚 |
[13:58] | so I’ll just see you tomorrow night. | 所以我们还是明晚见吧 |
[14:00] | I heard the doorbell. Who are you? | 我听到门铃响了 你是谁 |
[14:02] | It’s Aaron. He’s here for our date, | 这是亚伦 他是来赴我们的约的 |
[14:04] | which is tomorrow night, so he’s just leaving. | 但约会是在明晚 所以他正要离开 |
[14:06] | – I’m happy to stay… – What, are we barbarians? | -我很愿意留下 -什么 当我们是野蛮人吗 |
[14:10] | No, I insist that you come back on the correct night. | 不行 你必须等到正日子再来 |
[14:17] | Hello, Melanie. | 你好 梅兰妮 |
[14:18] | – These are for you. – What? | -这花是送你的 -什么 |
[14:20] | – Who’s this guy? – I’m her date. | -这男人是谁 -我是她的约会对象 |
[14:22] | Who’s this guy? | 这男人是谁 |
[14:25] | This is Melanie’s gynecologist. | 这是梅兰妮的妇科大夫 |
[14:29] | He’s here to examine Joy. | 他是来给乔依检查身体的 |
[14:35] | Yes! Excellent. | 对 没错 |
[14:37] | Joy has an urgent gynecological issue that we should really | 乔依有个很紧急的妇科问题 |
[14:39] | discuss in the kitchen due to its embarrassing nature. | 为了避免尴尬还是在厨房讨论吧 |
[14:45] | Sure. That’s what’s happening. | 当然 就是这么回事 |
[14:50] | I’m sorry. I’ll explain everything. | 对不起 我会解释一切的 |
[14:52] | The rubber gloves are under the sink. | 橡胶手套在水池下面 |
[15:00] | What the hell’s going on here? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[15:04] | Look, Melanie’s just pretending to be on a date | 听着 梅兰妮只是假装在和他约会 |
[15:06] | so he’ll bribe a judge. | 好让他去贿赂法官 |
[15:10] | Let me start again. | 让我重说一遍 |
[15:11] | See, that guy’s got a crush on her because she got really drunk | 那个男人喜欢她 因为她喝醉了酒 |
[15:13] | and spent the night with him, but… | 还和他过了夜 但是 |
[15:17] | I’ll let you two sort this out. | 我还是让你们两个自己说吧 |
[15:20] | Look, Aaron… | 听着 亚伦 |
[15:21] | If you knew me you’d know that I am not | 如果你了解我 你就会知道我不是 |
[15:23] | the type of person to get drunk | 那种喝醉了以后 |
[15:25] | and spend the night with strangers. | 和陌生人过夜的人 |
[15:26] | I read your chart. | 我看过你的病历 |
[15:29] | I told her not to write that stuff down! | 我告诉过她不要把那些东西记下来的 |
[15:31] | What weight did she put? Never mind. | 体重那栏她写了多少 无所谓了 |
[15:34] | Okay, then here’s an idea… | 好吧 这样好了 |
[15:36] | we still go out tomorrow night, as planned, | 我们明晚按计划去约会 |
[15:38] | and we forget tonight ever happened. | 把今晚发生的事情忘记 |
[15:40] | I’ve already forgotten about it. | 我已经忘掉了 |
[15:41] | I don’t even know what the heck just happened in there. | 我都不知道刚才客厅里究竟发生过什么 |
[15:45] | Yeah, I’m making it worse, aren’t I? | 好吧 我越描越黑 对吧 |
[15:47] | A little bit. | 有点 |
[15:49] | Oh, okay. I get it. | 好吧 我明白了 |
[15:52] | Goodbye, Aaron. | 再见 亚伦 |
[15:54] | Goodbye, Melanie. | 再见 梅兰妮 |
[15:57] | So, you can imagine with something like that, | 想必你一定可以理解这种事的 |
[15:59] | Joy was simply too embarrassed | 乔依怕尴尬 |
[16:01] | to go to a gynecologist’s office, | 不肯去妇科医生办公室 |
[16:03] | and Melanie is just really | 而梅兰妮则是个 |
[16:04] | anal about keeping a clean kitchen. | 很重视厨房卫生的人 |
[16:09] | Look, I’m not an idiot. | 听着 我不是白痴 |
[16:10] | Oh, that’s really a shame in this instance. | 在这种情况下 这可太糟糕了 |
[16:14] | She’s obviously with that guy, | 很明显她在和那男人交往 |
[16:16] | and this whole night was a bunch of B.S. | 你们满嘴胡话折腾这么一晚上 |
[16:18] | to keep me working on your boyfriend’s case. | 只不过是想让我继续处理你男友的案子 |
[16:19] | Okay, okay, you’re right, and I’m sorry. | 好吧 你说的没错 我很抱歉 |
[16:22] | Look, you seem like a really good guy, and… | 你看起来是个不错的人 |
[16:25] | and I shouldn’t have done something so underhanded. | 我不该用这么卑劣的手段 |
[16:27] | But couldn’t we just go back to our original agreement | 我们能按原计划走 |
[16:29] | where I give you the money and you bribe the judge? | 我给钱 你去贿赂法官吗 |
[16:33] | Yeah, well, it turns out Emmet’s judge can’t be bribed. | 跟你说实话吧 艾米特的法官不吃这套 |
[16:36] | It’s starting to make me question the American judicial system. | 搞得我都开始质疑美国的司法体系了 |
[16:41] | So you came here under false pretenses? | 你明知道这个 还故意来折腾我 |
[16:44] | You lied to me! | 你骗了我 |
[16:45] | Well, you lied to me! And I’m outta here. | 你也骗了我 我要走了 |
[16:49] | Any chance I could get a plate of food to go? | 能打包一盘吃的走吗 |
[16:51] | Will you just get out of here? | 给老娘滚出去 |
[16:56] | So how’s Emmet holding up? | 艾米特怎么样 |
[16:58] | He’s doing okay. | 他还行吧 |
[17:00] | I have to admit it. | 我必须承认 |
[17:02] | He was right to go the legitimate route and take the plea bargain. | 走合法路线接受认罪协议 才是明智之举 |
[17:05] | And the good news is he’ll be out in less than a year. | 好消息是 他不用蹲一年大狱就能出来了 |
[17:08] | At least you’ll get to visit him all the time. | 你还能经常去看他 |
[17:11] | I’m really sorry that I messed things up between you and Dr. Aaron. | 抱歉把你和亚伦医生的事搅黄了 |
[17:14] | Oh, no, it’s okay. | 不用 没关系 |
[17:15] | Maybe it is too soon for me to start dating. | 也许我现在重返情场还太快了 |
[17:18] | That’s ridiculous. | 胡说 |
[17:19] | You like him and he likes you. | 你喜欢他 他也喜欢你 |
[17:21] | You’re already ahead of most of my relationships. | 这进度比我大部分的恋情都超前了 |
[17:25] | But I’ve sent him texts and he hasn’t responded. | 我发短信给他 他也没回 |
[17:28] | You know, there is a way he’d have to see you again. | 有个办法可以让他必须见你 |
[17:36] | Melanie. | 梅兰妮 |
[17:37] | You wouldn’t answer my texts, | 你不肯回我短信 |
[17:38] | so I made an appointment so you’d have to see me. | 所以我预约了 这样你就必须见我 |
[17:41] | I got you a present. | 我给你带了礼物 |
[17:43] | A new uterus. | 一个新子宫 |
[17:47] | Still has that new uterus smell. | 还有新子宫的独特芬芳呢 |
[17:52] | Come on, that was pretty funny. | 明明很搞笑的 给点面子吧 |
[17:54] | It was. | 确实好笑 |
[17:56] | I’m really sorry about last night, | 昨晚的事我很抱歉 |
[17:58] | but I really was just trying to help my friend. | 但我只是想帮朋友 |
[18:00] | Which means you’re a nice person. | 这说明你是个好人 |
[18:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[18:03] | And… | 并且 |
[18:05] | I’d like to get to know the girl that broke my uterus. | 我想好好认识一下摔坏我子宫的姑娘 |
[18:10] | – Dinner tonight? – Yeah, I’d love to. | -今晚一起吃晚餐 -好啊 乐意之至 |
[18:13] | I have one more patient to see. | 我还有一个病人 |
[18:14] | – You can wait in the waiting room. – Okay. | -你去候诊室等我吧 -好 |
[18:16] | Wait, so while I’m waiting, | 就是说我在外面等你的时候 |
[18:17] | you’re gonna get to third base with a naked woman? | 你在里面见裸女 还能上三垒 |
[18:20] | That’s not really how doctors think of it. | 医生的脑回路可不是这样的 |
[18:23] | – Is she attractive? – No. | -她漂亮吗 -不漂亮 |
[18:25] | – Would you tell me if she was? – No. | -能告诉我她是谁吗 -不行 |
[18:27] | Is this something I have to get used to? | 我以后得习惯这种事吗 |
[18:28] | Yep! | 必须的 |
[18:33] | I said good-bye to the animals on the farm, | 我跟农场的动物道别 |
[18:36] | and fled Poland that very night. | 当晚就逃离了波兰 |
[18:39] | That was “Passage to Freedom,” by Joy Scroggs. | 刚才放的是乔依·斯克罗格的《自由之路》 |
[18:43] | Don’t clap! | 别瞎鼓掌 |
[18:45] | Only one person did a film worthy of an “A.” | 只有一位同学的作品能得”A” |
[18:48] | In a clever homage to the Godzilla films of the 1950s, | 该作品向50年代警示人们原子危机的 |
[18:52] | which warned of the horrors of the atomic age, | 哥斯拉电影进行了致敬 |
[18:54] | this film maker also used | 这位电影制作人同样利用 |
[18:55] | frightening imagery to provoke thought. | 恐怖的意象来引发我们的思考 |
[18:57] | I give you Elka Ostrovsky’s, “Man Hands.” | 请欣赏爱尔卡·奥斯特洛夫斯基的《女汉子之手》 |
[19:01] | Wait, what? | 等等 搞什么 |
[19:03] | I was married to the mob. | 我曾嫁给黑帮人士 |
[19:05] | I lived through the horrors of war. | 我经历过战争的恐怖阴影 |
[19:09] | But I have never seen anything as terrifying as… | 但我这一生 遇到的最吓人的东西莫过于 |
[19:14] | man hands. | 女汉子之手 |
[19:25] | Man hands. | 女汉子之手 |
[19:29] | I wanted the “A.” | 我想得”A”嘛 |