时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hot in Cleveland is recorded in front of a live studio audience. | 《燃情克利夫兰》是在摄影棚观众前现场录制的 |
[00:04] | You’ve got to see the text message Mitch just sent me. | 你们得看看米奇刚给我发的短信 |
[00:07] | And tell me, there’s not a yearning sexual undertone. | 告诉我 其中没有渴求性爱的潜在含意 |
[00:11] | That tai food we had for lunch, gave me an upset stomach. | “午餐吃的泰国菜 让我反胃” |
[00:17] | He’s thinking about my body. | 他在想着我的身体 |
[00:21] | I know I’m reaching. | 我知道我在牵强附会 |
[00:23] | But it’s the warmest text he’s ever sent me. | 但这是他发过给我的最暖心的短信 |
[00:26] | We’re friends, but I want to be more than friends. | 我们是朋友 但我想要更进一步 |
[00:28] | I want to be naked friends. | 我想跟他成为”赤裸的朋友” |
[00:31] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[00:32] | I say we have some coffee and talk about it. | 我建议边喝咖啡边聊 |
[00:34] | Joy, your nonfat latte, | 乔依 你的脱脂拿铁 |
[00:36] | nonfat macchiato for Victoria, and… | 维多利亚的脱脂玛奇朵 |
[00:39] | Ha, once again “Melody’s” black coffee has full fat cream. | 又来了 “梅洛迪”的黑咖啡加奶油 |
[00:43] | They never get my order right! | 他们总是下错单 |
[00:45] | Or your name. Why don’t you complain? | 你的名字也总是错的 你为什么不投诉呢 |
[00:47] | Oh, you know I can’t complain to anyone. | 你们知道我没法向任何人投诉[抱怨] |
[00:49] | Do we? You’re complaining to us right now. | 是吗 你现在就在跟我们抱怨 |
[00:52] | But I know what will make both of your problems | 但我知道什么会让你们两个的问题 |
[00:55] | seem silly and insignificant. | 看起来愚蠢且无关紧要 |
[00:57] | My problems. | 就是我的问题 |
[00:59] | I am suddenly too in-demand as an actress. | 我一下子变得太抢手了 |
[01:01] | I don’t know which of these scripts to choose. | 这么多剧本 我不知道选哪个 |
[01:04] | I mean, the next project you pick after an oscar nomination is crucial. | 在获得奥斯卡提名后选的第一部戏太重要了 |
[01:07] | Shut…Up. | 靠 不是吧 |
[01:11] | You certainly are getting more comfortable with that complaining thing. | 看来你对抱怨这事越来越拿手了 |
[01:14] | No, no. Look at your coffee sleeves. | 不是的 看你们的杯套纸 |
[01:17] | What? | 什么 |
[01:19] | “The devil’s due, | 《恶魔讨债》 |
[01:20] | an original play by Elka Ostrovsky”? | 爱尔卡·奥斯特洛夫斯基的原创戏剧 |
[01:23] | Could this be our Elka Ostrovsky? | 是我们家的爱尔卡·奥斯特洛夫斯基吗 |
[01:25] | Please don’t tell me there’s more than one. | 求你别告诉我这世上不止一个这种老太太 |
[01:28] | Are we so self-involved that we haven’t noticed | 我们就那么以自我为中心吗 以至于没注意到 |
[01:30] | that someone living in our house has written, directed, | 同住一个屋檐下的人在写剧本 做导演 |
[01:33] | and produced a play? | 制作了一出戏剧吗 |
[01:34] | You know I don’t like questions that begin with | 你知道我不喜欢问题的开头是 |
[01:36] | “Are we so self-involved.” | “我们就那么以自我为中心吗” |
[01:39] | The answer is always yes. | 答案永远是肯定的 |
[01:41] | Oh, here we go. | 找到了 |
[01:42] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[01:43] | The Cleveland plain dealer calls Elka’s play | 《老实人报》给爱尔卡的戏剧的评价是 |
[01:46] | “Hilarious and insightful.” | “极其搞笑 且富有洞察力” |
[01:48] | There’s a matinee performance in 20 minutes. | 20分钟后就有日场 |
[01:56] | It’s Elka. | 是爱尔卡 |
[01:58] | “When I was a young girl in Poland, | 我还是个小女孩生活在波兰时 |
[02:00] | just before world war II, | 在二战前夕 |
[02:02] | I called out to the night sky that I would give up anything | 我对着夜空呼喊 我愿意放弃一切 |
[02:07] | if my family and I could escape. | 只要家人与我能够逃离就行 |
[02:10] | A shadowy figure came and offered me a chance, | 一个暗影走出来 给了我一个机会 |
[02:14] | but there was a price attached. | 但是需要付出代价 |
[02:18] | I thought he had forgotten… | 我以为时隔多年他已经忘了 |
[02:21] | But the devil always gets his due.” | 但恶魔永远会来讨债的 |
[02:28] | That’s our living room. Is this play about us? | 那是我们家的客厅 这出戏是讲我们的吗 |
[02:33] | – Welcome. – Hi. I’m Melanie. | -欢迎 -你好 我是梅兰妮 |
[02:36] | Oh, my god, I love this place! I’m moving to Cleveland. | 我的天 我爱死这地方了 我要搬来克利夫兰 |
[02:40] | It’s all so exciting, because we’re still hot here– | 太激动人心了 在这里我们依然性感美丽 |
[02:42] | So hot. | 貌美如花 |
[02:44] | We’re young and beautiful again, and we can pass for 25. | 我们又恢复了年轻与美貌 说只有25岁大家都信 |
[02:50] | Why are they laughing? | 大家笑什么 |
[02:52] | Am I talking too much? Some people say I talk too much. | 我话太多吗 有些人说我话太多 |
[02:55] | Do you think I talk too much? I don’t think I talk too much. | 你觉得我话太多吗 我不觉得我话太多 |
[02:57] | Do I talk like that? I don’t think I talk like that. | 我说话这味儿吗 我不觉得我说话这味儿 |
[03:01] | And if I am talking too much, | 而且如果我话太多 |
[03:02] | it’s because I really, really, really need people to like me. | 也是因为我真的真的希望别人喜欢我 |
[03:05] | You like me, right? Please like me. | 你喜欢我对吗 求你喜欢我 |
[03:10] | I have a major announcement to make. | 我有重大消息要宣布 |
[03:13] | My career is in the toilet, | 我的事业已经全完了 |
[03:15] | so I’m considering moving to Cleveland, | 所以我考虑搬来克利夫兰 |
[03:17] | though I can hardly imagine living in Wisconsin. | 虽然我无法想象住在威斯康星州是什么感觉 |
[03:22] | Again, why are they laughing? | 又来了 他们到底在笑什么 |
[03:24] | – Cleveland is in Ohio. – Are you sure? | -克利夫兰在俄亥俄州 -你确定吗 |
[03:27] | – I wonder what’s keeping Joy. – Oh, here she comes. | -乔依怎么还没来 -她来了 |
[03:30] | All right, Joy, brace yourself. | 好啦 乔依 做好准备 |
[03:32] | Expect the worst. | 迎接最糟糕的 |
[03:34] | Hello, hello. | 大家好 |
[03:37] | Didn’t brace myself enough. | 准备得还不够 |
[03:40] | Sorry I’m late, duckies, but I didn’t have a fiver, | 抱歉我迟了 美女们 我没有五块钱 |
[03:42] | so I had to have sex with me cabbie. | 所以不得不和计程车司机来了一炮 |
[03:45] | Oh, would you fancy having sex with me? | 你想和我上床吗 |
[03:47] | You won’t leave me, will you? Most blokes do. | 你不会抛下我吧 大多数男人都会抛下我 |
[03:53] | No one’s going to leave you, because we’re so hot here. | 没人会抛下你的 因为我们在这里超级性感迷人 |
[03:55] | Some guy called me “miss, ” and he wasn’t elderly, | 有男人称呼我为小姐 他不是老人家 |
[03:57] | gay, or using it ironically. | 不是同志 也不是在说反话 |
[04:00] | I’m an ingenue again. | 我又成了天真少女了 |
[04:05] | Some chap called me “cutie pie, ” he did. He did! | 有男人叫我小美女 他真叫了 |
[04:08] | But then he noticed me big hands and said, “sorry, mister.” | 但他注意到我的大手后 说”对不起 先生” |
[04:12] | I had sex with him anyways. | 反正我还是和他上床了 |
[04:14] | Can we please change the subject to me, | 能把话题转到我身上吗 |
[04:16] | the famous actress? | 我这位著名的女演员 |
[04:18] | Me, me, me! | 我我我 |
[04:20] | – Are you famous? – Yes, very. | -你很出名吗 -相当有名 |
[04:22] | I’m a soap opera actress. | 我是肥皂剧演员 |
[04:24] | Oh, do you know Susan Lucci? | 你认识苏珊·露琪吗 |
[04:29] | – Lucci! – Lucci! | -露琪 -露琪 |
[04:32] | Ladies, this place comes with a caretaker. | 女士们 这房子有位看门人 |
[04:36] | Elka, could you come in here for a moment? | 爱尔卡 麻烦进来下好吗 |
[04:43] | Why are you renting to prostitutes? | 你为什么把房子租给了妓女 |
[04:59] | Elka, you made us look like fools! | 爱尔卡 你让我们看起来像傻瓜 |
[05:01] | You write what you know. | 知道什么就写什么嘛 |
[05:05] | I’m being played by a man! | 扮演我的是个男的 |
[05:08] | He was the only actor with a flat-enough chest | 只有他才有够平的胸 |
[05:10] | and big-enough hands. | 和够大的手 |
[05:14] | This play is slander! | 这出戏剧是在诽谤 |
[05:16] | The critics disagree. | 评论家可不这么认为 |
[05:19] | “Act two is a roller-coaster ride. | “第二幕犹如过山车 |
[05:22] | Three desperate women hurtling towards middle-aged insanity.” | 三位绝望的女人疾冲向中年的疯狂” |
[05:26] | You might not want to stay for that. | 你们还是别看的好 |
[05:30] | – Oh, we’re leaving. – Good. | -我们肯定走 -很好 |
[05:32] | I’ve got to go see my actors. | 我得去见演员 |
[05:34] | They want to discuss their characters. | 他们想讨论下角色 |
[05:37] | And what’s wrong with that? | 这有什么不对 |
[05:39] | If god wanted actors to think, he would have given them brains. | 如果上帝希望演员思考 就会给他们大脑 |
[05:44] | – You realize I’m an actor. – I do. | -你知道我就是演员吧 -当然知道 |
[05:52] | What’s our recourse here? This is so humiliating. | 我们不是有追索权吗 这太羞辱人了 |
[05:54] | She got us all wrong! | 她对我们的刻画完全不对 |
[05:56] | Elka exaggerated all of us, but let’s be honest. | 爱尔卡把我们的性格都夸张了下 但说实话 |
[05:58] | She did the worst hatchet job on me. | 她对我的诽谤是最恶毒的 |
[06:00] | She made me sound like a babbling wimp. | 她让我听起来像个喋喋不休的软骨头 |
[06:02] | She called me egotistical and conceited. | 她说我傲慢自负 |
[06:05] | Me, me, me! | 我我我 |
[06:08] | I don’t know what either of you are complaining about. | 我不知道你们有什么好抱怨的 |
[06:10] | I’m the one being played by a man! | 扮演我的可是个男的 |
[06:13] | Arguing amongst ourselves isn’t going to fix anything. | 我们互相吵 不能解决任何问题 |
[06:16] | Now, we can’t change the writing, | 如果我们没法改剧本 |
[06:17] | we’ll just have to meet with the actors | 那只能和演员见面 |
[06:18] | – and change the acting. – Yes. | -改变演法 -没错 |
[06:20] | My character should be less wimpy. | 我的角色要少一些懦弱 |
[06:22] | And mine less self-centered. | 我的要少些以自我为中心 |
[06:24] | But how exactly will I fix mine? | 我该怎么解决我的角色问题 |
[06:26] | I’m being played by a man… | 扮演我的是个男的 |
[06:30] | Whose shorts are so short, his junk is showing. | 谁的短裤会那么短 他的鸟都露出来了 |
[06:34] | Well, they are your shorts, Joy. | 那是你的短裤 乔依 |
[06:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:41] | I just thought by knowing me better, | 我只是想着 更加了解我 |
[06:42] | your portrayal of me, which is, of course, great already, | 会让你对我的演绎 当然已经非常好了 |
[06:46] | could be even greater. | 可以更棒 |
[06:47] | – So do you have any questions? – I do. | -你有什么问题吗 -有 |
[06:50] | Do you think you could talk Elka into giving me a better part? | 你可以跟爱尔卡谈谈 给我个更好的角色吗 |
[06:54] | What? But you’re playing Melanie. | 什么 可你演的是梅兰妮 |
[06:56] | Everybody likes Melanie. | 大家都喜欢梅兰妮 |
[06:57] | She’s the glue that keeps everything together. | 她是将大家凝聚在一起的胶水 |
[06:59] | Who wants to play glue? It’s white and bland and drippy. | 谁想演胶水啊 白而乏味而且滴答答的 |
[07:03] | And perky. | 但很活泼 |
[07:05] | Look, don’t take this personally. | 我不是针对你 |
[07:06] | This play is obviously a huge exaggeration of who you are. | 这出戏显然把你的性格大大地夸张了 |
[07:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:10] | I mean, no one could be that much of a pathetic wuss. | 没人会是那种可悲的没用鬼 |
[07:13] | You got that right. The real Melanie Moretti– | 太对了 真正的梅兰妮·莫雷蒂 |
[07:15] | She stands up for herself all the time. | 她总是为自己抗争 |
[07:18] | Here’s your latte. | 这是你的拿铁 |
[07:19] | And, Melody, here’s your chai mint-accino. | 梅洛迪 这是你的印度奶茶薄荷奇诺 |
[07:24] | That’s not what you ordered. | 你点的不是这个 |
[07:25] | Why didn’t you complain and send it back? | 你为什么不投诉退货呢 |
[07:28] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[07:29] | You are that big of a pathetic wuss. | 你还真是个超级可悲没用鬼 |
[07:31] | No, I’m an optimist. | 不 我是个乐观主义者 |
[07:34] | I, uh– I may end up liking this drink | 比起原来点的 |
[07:36] | even more than what I originally ordered. | 我有可能会更喜欢这杯 |
[07:37] | And that’s how I look at life. | 我的人生观就是这样 |
[07:39] | I see the glass as half full. | 半空的杯子我看到的是半杯水 |
[07:41] | I see it as all the way full of crap you don’t want. | 我觉得杯子里全是你不想要的烂货 |
[07:46] | How do you like it? | 喜欢吗 |
[07:49] | So good. | 太好喝了 |
[07:53] | Oh, Elizabeth, thank you for coming. | 伊丽莎白 感谢你前来 |
[07:55] | – Victoria. – Yes. | -维多利亚 -是的 |
[07:58] | My name is Victoria. Victoria Chase. | 我叫维多利亚 维多利亚·蔡斯 |
[08:01] | And until this play comes to an end, | 在这出戏结束前 |
[08:02] | this Elizabeth person you speak of will cease to exist. | 你所提到的这个伊丽莎白将不存在 |
[08:06] | Well, I can’t help but respect your process. | 我不得不尊重你的艺术加工方式 |
[08:08] | – Thank you. – No, thank you. | -谢谢 -不 谢谢你 |
[08:10] | – Thank you. – No, thank you. | -谢谢 -不 谢谢你 |
[08:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:13] | And scene. | 开幕 |
[08:19] | Look, the way the others are portrayed, | 其他几位如何被诠释 |
[08:22] | it–it doesn’t matter, they’re non-pros. | 并不重要 她们不是专业演员 |
[08:24] | But for me, how I’m portrayed could influence | 但对我来说 如何诠释我将影响 |
[08:27] | the way I’m seen by oscar voters. | 奥斯卡投票人对我的看法 |
[08:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:30] | Everything I do right now | 我现在所做的一切 |
[08:31] | must be calculated to get my next accolade. | 都必须为赢得下一项荣誉加分 |
[08:34] | Wow. | 哇 |
[08:35] | You really do know me. | 你还真是了解我啊 |
[08:38] | Uh, listen, Victoria, | 听着 维多利亚 |
[08:40] | there is something you could help me with. | 有件事你可以帮我 |
[08:42] | I have this pile of scripts | 我这里有很多剧本 |
[08:44] | that I have to choose my next project from– | 我得选出下一部戏 |
[08:46] | And I must choose the exact right one | 我必须选择正确的一部 |
[08:49] | to propel my career to the next level. | 将事业推向另一高度 |
[08:51] | I need to use bribery, blackmail, anything it takes | 我需要行贿 恐吓 不惜一切 |
[08:54] | to get the role everybody else wants. | 得到大家都想要的角色 |
[08:56] | I-I’m not sure I would do all that. | 我不太确定我会这样做 |
[08:59] | Yes, I would. | 我会的 |
[09:01] | No, but–but don’t we want a part | 不 难道我们就不想要一个角色 |
[09:03] | that we could really be good in? | 是我们真正擅长的吗 |
[09:05] | I’m so proud of the work that I did in Cleveland Rhapsody, | 我非常骄傲自己在《克利夫兰狂想曲》中的表演 |
[09:08] | and I’d just really like to continue to do good work. | 我非常想继续有优秀的表演 |
[09:10] | “Good work”? That’s not important. | “优秀的表演” 那并不重要 |
[09:13] | It’s the awards that matter. | 奖项才重要 |
[09:16] | I’d sacrifice anything– | 我牺牲了一切 |
[09:17] | My relationships, my friends, my two children. | 爱情 朋友 两个孩子 |
[09:20] | You don’t even know how many children we have! | 你甚至不知道我们有几个孩子 |
[09:23] | And I’m pretty sure it’s three. | 我相当肯定是三个 |
[09:27] | And I don’t like the way you’re acting. | 我也不喜欢你的表演方式 |
[09:28] | You’re making me seem selfish and– and unlikable. | 你令我看起来自私 不讨人喜欢 |
[09:32] | Isn’t that what we’re going for? | 这难道不是我们追求的吗 |
[09:33] | No. | 不是的 |
[09:34] | Look, I want you to go. | 你走吧 |
[09:36] | All right, I’m leaving, but not without making a scene | 好吧我走 但一定会制造抓马场面 |
[09:39] | and slamming the door. | 摔门而去 |
[09:42] | I never should have moved to Kentucky! | 我就不应该搬来肯塔基[州] |
[09:48] | Cleveland is in Ohio, you idiot. | 克利夫兰在俄亥俄州 你这个白痴 |
[09:50] | Kentucky is in Indiana. | 肯塔基在印第安纳州 |
[09:58] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[10:00] | I’m Joy, Joy Scroggs. | 我是乔依 乔依·斯克罗格 |
[10:02] | I’m Jay, Jay Grepps. | 我是杰 杰·格雷普斯 |
[10:05] | I-I just want you to know how much I love playing Joy. | 我想让你知道 我有多爱扮演乔依 |
[10:08] | – Well, I appreciate that, but– – I completely understand you. | -非常感谢 但是 -我完全理解你 |
[10:11] | In many ways, we’re a lot alike. | 在许多方面 我们很像 |
[10:12] | I mean, you can’t keep a man, and I can’t keep a woman. | 你留不住男人 我留不住女人 |
[10:14] | Yet, we have this fairy-tale view | 但我们却有童话式的想法 |
[10:16] | that true love is out there. | 真爱还在 |
[10:19] | We may be bitter and cynical about it. | 关于这点 我们嘴上也许尖酸刻薄 |
[10:21] | I have been known to be bitter. | 我出了名的尖酸 |
[10:24] | But there’s a sadness behind it. | 但尖酸刻薄背后有种忧伤 |
[10:26] | For me, I think it stems from being abandoned by my mother. | 对我来说 我觉得源于被母亲抛弃 |
[10:30] | I was abandoned by my father. | 我被父亲抛弃了 |
[10:32] | It’s made me mistrustful, sometimes even vindictive. | 这令我多疑 有时甚至复仇心强 |
[10:36] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[10:39] | How many restraining orders have you had against you? | 你有多少张限制令在身 |
[10:42] | Let’s answer at the same time. | 我们一起说 |
[10:44] | Seven. | 七张 |
[10:48] | Actually, nine. | 其实是九张 |
[10:51] | Wow. | 哇 |
[10:53] | Wow. | 哇 |
[10:57] | – Are you ripping up scripts? – Not quite. | -你在撕剧本吗 -不是 |
[10:59] | I met with the actress who’s playing me, | 我见了扮演我的女演员 |
[11:01] | with the intention of changing her, | 希望能改变她 |
[11:02] | but maybe I’m the one who needs to change. | 不过也许需要改变的是我 |
[11:06] | So I’ve taken off all the cover pages, | 所以我取下了封面 |
[11:08] | and I’m going to choose | 只是基于 |
[11:09] | my next script based on the material inside, | 剧本内容来选择 |
[11:12] | not what famous name might be on the cover | 不管封面上可能会有什么赫赫大名 |
[11:14] | or what awards it might bring me. | 或是能给我带来什么奖项 |
[11:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:19] | My throat just closed up a little when I said that. | 我说这话时 喉咙不好使了 |
[11:22] | That’s a great idea, Victoria. Good for you. | 真是好主意 维多利亚 好样的 |
[11:27] | And they got my order wrong again. | 又下错单了 |
[11:29] | Okay, you know what? That’s it. | 我受够了 |
[11:31] | If you can change, so can I. | 如果你能改变 我也能 |
[11:32] | I am going to straighten this out once and for all, | 我要彻底地解决这个问题 |
[11:35] | even if they don’t like me for it. | 哪怕他们因此不喜欢我了 |
[11:36] | Take that, judge-y actress playing me! | 吃瘪吧 扮演我的爱评判人的女演员 |
[11:38] | Don’t tell her I said that. | 别告诉她我这样说了 |
[11:42] | Well… | 好啦 |
[11:44] | If it isn’t tweedle dum and tweedle dumber. | 这不是大傻和二傻吗 |
[11:52] | Not bad, but it sounded a little written. | 不差 但听起来有些僵硬 |
[11:54] | Oh, I felt that. Now, what about the walk? | 我感觉到了 走法如何 |
[12:01] | Put your hips into it. | 扭下屁股啊 |
[12:11] | I’m just trying to sharpen my performance for Devil’s Due. | 我只是希望在《恶魔讨债》中的演技更犀利些 |
[12:14] | Elka has written such a brilliant play. | 爱尔卡写了一部超有才的戏剧 |
[12:17] | But she might just have to rewrite her play. | 恐怕她得重写剧本了 |
[12:20] | Melanie and I have changed. I am no longer self-centered | 梅兰妮和我改变了 我不再以自我为中心了 |
[12:24] | – and I am no longer wimpy. – And I am no longer listening. | -我不再懦弱了 -我不再听了 |
[12:28] | Now you’re getting it. | 现在你抓住角色精髓了 |
[12:32] | Hi, Melody. Your usual? | 梅洛迪 照旧吗 |
[12:34] | Uh, actually, my name is Melanie. | 其实我叫梅兰妮 |
[12:37] | And you have not gotten my “usual” right | 而且”照旧”也是错的 |
[12:39] | for the last six weeks. | 错了六周了 |
[12:41] | I just want a medium black coffee, no milk. | 我要的是中杯黑咖啡 不加奶 |
[12:43] | That’s my usual. | 这就是我的照旧 |
[12:45] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[12:46] | Idiot! | 白痴 |
[12:48] | – Is there a problem? – I’ll say there is. | -有问题吗 -是的 |
[12:50] | I’ve been calling Melanie the wrong name | 我一直叫错梅兰妮的名字 |
[12:51] | and giving her the wrong coffee for six weeks. | 过去六周 咖啡也错了 |
[12:53] | What? You got to be kidding me. | 什么 你开玩笑吧 |
[12:55] | Oh, it’s not that big a deal. | 这没什么 |
[12:56] | Oh, it’s a big deal, all right. | 相当严重好不好 |
[12:58] | We’re trying to be a first-class coffee destination, | 我们在争创一流的咖啡终点站 |
[13:00] | and you can’t get there with third-class service. | 凭着三流服务如何能到达呢 |
[13:02] | You’re fired, Ranberg. Hit the bricks. | 你被炒了 兰伯格 走人吧 |
[13:07] | No. No, no, please don’t do that. | 不 请别这样 |
[13:08] | Daddy, what’s happening? | 爸爸 出什么事了 |
[13:11] | I got that woman’s coffee order wrong. | 那位女士点的咖啡我下错单了 |
[13:14] | I’ll get you a bike next year. | 我明年再给你买自行车吧 |
[13:18] | – Please don’t do this. – I have to, Melanie. | -请别这样 -我必须这样做 梅兰妮 |
[13:21] | I mean, are we so far gone as a society | 现在这社会堕落到 |
[13:23] | that this one simple act of service is beyond our ability? | 连这种简单的服务都做不好了吗 |
[13:26] | Not on my watch, | 有我在就不行 |
[13:27] | not at Stormi’s new coffee bar, | 在暴风餐厅的新咖啡吧就不行 |
[13:29] | and no matter how stressful it can– | 无论这有多大的压力 |
[13:45] | You know what? My coffee’s fine. | 知道吗 我的咖啡挺好的 |
[13:58] | Jay, before we do this, | 杰 我们做之前 |
[14:00] | you should probably know there is someone else. | 你要知道 还有其他人 |
[14:03] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:04] | I was about to say the very same thing. | 我也准备说这话的 |
[14:07] | – You were? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[14:09] | – But you go first. – Well… | -你先说 -是这样 |
[14:11] | It’s unrequited, and it’s probably never going to happen. | 是单相思 而且可能永远没戏 |
[14:14] | Me too. It’s somebody who likely has no interest in me at all. | 我也是 对方对我一点兴趣也没有 |
[14:17] | And he’s a bad choice, because I work with him. | 选择他其实不明智 因为我和他共事 |
[14:20] | She’s my therapist! | 她是我的心理医生 |
[14:22] | I’ve done that as well. | 我也做过这种事 |
[14:24] | Oh, god, what were we thinking? | 老天 我们在想什么啊 |
[14:25] | I know. What were we thinking? | 就是 我们在想什么啊 |
[14:28] | I mean, if we had the chance, we’d only date these people | 就算我们有机会 也只能在 |
[14:29] | for as long as we could hide our true natures. | 可以隐藏本性的时间内和他们约会 |
[14:31] | But eventually it would come out, and they’d leave us. | 但最终本性会暴露 他们会抛下我们 |
[14:36] | But we don’t have to hide anything from each other. | 但我们不必彼此隐藏什么 |
[14:38] | No. That’s the beauty of us, Joy. | 不必 这正是我们的动人之处 乔依 |
[14:41] | We hate ourselves just the way we are. | 我们痛恨自己的本来面目 |
[14:45] | And we’d never have to change or–or grow. | 我们不必改变 不必成长 |
[14:48] | And we’d never question whether we settled for less than love, | 我们永远不必质疑 我们屈就结合不是为了爱情 |
[14:50] | because we’d know we did. | 因为我们知道不是 |
[14:53] | Oh, we’ll be suspicious and vindictive and needy | 我们会多疑 记仇 粘人 |
[14:56] | and unfulfilled until the day we die. | 得不到满足 直到我们死的那天 |
[14:59] | Our wedding vows are practically written. | 我们的婚誓基本上已经写好了 |
[15:06] | I don’t want to be with myself. I’m a nightmare. | 我不要和我自己在一起 我是个噩梦 |
[15:08] | I don’t want to spend another minute with me. | 我不想再和自己多待一分钟 |
[15:10] | It’s finally happened. | 终于成真了 |
[15:12] | My thoughts are coming out of your mouth. | 你说出了我的想法 |
[15:16] | The problem is he’s totally into me. | 问题是他很喜欢我 |
[15:18] | How do I get rid of him? | 我要如何甩掉他 |
[15:27] | Well, that’s that, then. | 好走不送了 |
[15:30] | Yes, that appears to be that. | 是的 不必送了 |
[15:36] | The thing is, I don’t want to settle. | 重点是 我不想屈就 |
[15:38] | I don’t want to give up. I want to be with Mitch. | 我不想放弃 我想和米奇在一起 |
[15:41] | So I’ve decided to fight my fears and make the first move. | 所以我决定战胜恐惧 主动出击 |
[15:47] | “Can we meet for drinks? | “可以见面喝一杯吗 |
[15:50] | I want to talk to you about something.” | 我有事和你谈” |
[15:55] | If he rejects me, he rejects me. | 如果他拒绝 那就拒绝吧 |
[15:57] | And even if he does, at least you’ve learned | 就算他拒绝了 至少你明白了 |
[15:59] | you’d rather be alone than with yourself. | 你宁愿孤单 也不愿和你自己在一起 |
[16:05] | – He says, “sure.” – That’s great! | -他说”好的” -太好了 |
[16:08] | Oh, I want to analyze that “sure” so much, | 我好想仔细分析一下这个”好的” |
[16:10] | but I’m not going to. | 但我不会的 |
[16:12] | That said, he responded very quickly and in the affirmative. | 话虽如此 但他回复得非常快 且同意了 |
[16:16] | Let’s go to the bar and celebrate. | 我们去酒吧庆祝下 |
[16:17] | Yes, but not Stormi’s. | 好的 但不能去暴风餐厅 |
[16:18] | I-I have to avoid that place for a while. | 我得远离那地方一阵子 |
[16:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:23] | Because I learned a lesson too. | 因为我也受到了教训 |
[16:24] | When I complain, people almost die–many people. | 我抱怨时 有人可能会死 而且是很多人 |
[16:28] | But you know what? | 但知道吗 |
[16:29] | I am the way that I am, and I like it. | 我就是这样的人 我喜欢自己 |
[16:31] | And if you don’t like it, I probably won’t say anything | 如果你不喜欢 我也不会说什么 |
[16:33] | – ’cause I want you to like me. – Well, I like you. | -因为我希望你喜欢我 -我喜欢你 |
[16:35] | – Me too. – Thank you. And you know what? | -我也是 -谢谢 知道吗 |
[16:37] | I think the world needs more people like me. | 我觉得这世界需要更多我这样的人 |
[16:39] | People that act nice, even when they shouldn’t, | 表现友好的人 哪怕是不应该友好的时候 |
[16:41] | just so that niceness is in the air. | 这样社会就会更友好 |
[16:42] | And I’m doing that thing where I talk too much, aren’t I? | 我话多时就会这样 对吗 |
[16:44] | – Yeah. – Well, I have an announcement. | -是的 -我有消息要宣布 |
[16:47] | After reading all of these scripts | 看完这些剧本后 |
[16:48] | and not knowing who wrote them | 不知道编剧是谁 |
[16:49] | or what studio is behind them, | 也不知道是哪家制片厂 |
[16:51] | I’ve chosen my favorite. | 我选出了最喜欢的 |
[16:53] | It’s a character study about a woman my age, | 刻画的角色是我这年纪的女性 |
[16:56] | and it really moved me. | 真的让我感动了 |
[16:58] | So please pull the cover page for script number three | 请拿出三号剧本的封面 |
[17:02] | and tell me who wrote it. | 告诉我编剧是谁 |
[17:05] | It’s by J.J. | 是J.J. |
[17:06] | Abrams? | JJ·艾布拉姆斯吗 |
[17:08] | No, just J.J. | 就是J.J. |
[17:10] | It’s titled the painted wall, | 名字叫《油漆墙》 |
[17:12] | aka Cleveland state junior year film studies project. | 克利夫兰州立大学大三电影研究项目 |
[17:18] | So the follow-up | 这么说 |
[17:19] | to my oscar-nominated performance | 我奥斯卡提名后的第一部电影 |
[17:21] | is a student film? | 是学生电影吗 |
[17:25] | You still going to do it? | 你依然会演吗 |
[17:26] | Well, of course I am. | 当然会了 |
[17:27] | That script spoke to me. | 剧本打动了我 |
[17:30] | I wouldn’t back out now even if one of you tried to make me. | 哪怕你们试着阻止我 我也不会退缩 |
[17:34] | So go ahead. Try. | 来吧 阻止我 |
[17:38] | You can try a little harder than that, | 你们可以更努力阻止一些 |
[17:39] | because I am not going to give up. | 因为我不会放弃的 |
[17:43] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[17:45] | For the first time in my life, I am going to do something | 我这辈子第一次 会做一件事 |
[17:48] | because it moved me. | 只因它感动了我 |
[17:50] | What’s that, Melanie? I shouldn’t do it? | 你说什么 梅兰妮 我不应该演吗 |
[17:54] | – Honey, I didn’t say anything. – Now you don’t talk. | -亲爱的 我什么也没说 -别再说了 |
[17:58] | But you know what? | 知道吗 |
[18:00] | There’s no telling where good art comes from. | 没人知道伟大的艺术会出于何处 |
[18:02] | I mean, even Elka’s play inspired us | 就连爱尔卡的戏剧也激励我们 |
[18:05] | to take a hard look at ourselves. | 好好地审视自己 |
[18:07] | That’s the truth. | 没错 |
[18:08] | You realize we walked out before the play was over. | 你们还记得 戏没完我们就走了吧 |
[18:14] | Before you three moved to Cleveland, | 在你们三个搬来克利夫兰前 |
[18:17] | I was a normal widow, living a quiet life, | 我只是一个普通的寡妇 过着平静的生活 |
[18:20] | not making any trouble for anyone. | 不给任何人带来任何的麻烦 |
[18:22] | And since you got here, | 你们搬来后 |
[18:23] | I’ve had to pretend to be your old Irish nanny, | 我得假扮你的爱尔兰老保姆 |
[18:26] | your gay girlfriend on a cruise. | 在邮轮上假扮你的同性女友 |
[18:29] | I’ve had to spend jail time and share a cell with you | 我不得不与你还有你的男人大手 |
[18:32] | and your big man hands. | 共住一间牢房 |
[18:37] | Oh, you just turned my life upside down. | 你们让我的生活天翻地覆了 |
[18:41] | So what are you saying, Elka? | 你想说什么 爱尔卡 |
[18:42] | I’m saying… | 我想说 |
[18:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[18:51] | “I realized these women hadn’t ruined my life. | “我意识到这些女人没有毁了我的生活 |
[18:55] | They’d broadened it and given it laughter. | 她们拓宽了我的生活 带来了笑声 |
[18:59] | Sometimes | 有时候 |
[19:00] | it’s more fun to join the devil than to beat him.” | 比起战胜恶魔 与恶魔为伍更有趣” |
[19:14] | So the secret wasn’t that you’re doing a play. | 原来秘密不是你在制作戏剧 |
[19:17] | It’s that you like us. | 而是你喜欢我们 |
[19:19] | I keep telling you, it’s a work of fiction. | 我一直跟你说 这是虚构的 |
[19:22] | We made your life better. | 我们让你的生活更美好了 |
[19:24] | And you love us for it, you big softy. | 因此你爱我们 你这个豆腐心 |
[19:27] | I’m so glad you like us. | 我真开心你喜欢我们 |
[19:29] | You think we’re great. | 你觉得我们很棒 |
[19:33] | And people wonder why writers drink. | 人们还纳闷 为什么编剧会酗酒 |