时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | So now the plan is either find ourselves a new counselor, | 现在我们的选择就是 要么换新咨询师 |
[00:07] | stick it out with the old one, but go more often, | 要么不换 但增加就诊次数 |
[00:09] | or resign ourselves to the fact | 或者彻底死心 接受事实 |
[00:10] | that she’s never gonna be happy… no matter what I do, | 无论我怎么做 她都永远不会开心的 |
[00:13] | so let’s take the money we’re wasting | 倒不如把浪费的钱 |
[00:14] | and put it towards a membership at Lakeview. | 花在湖畔俱乐部的会员费上 |
[00:17] | I’m guessing the last option | 估计最后那个选择 |
[00:18] | – has yet to be formally presented. – Yeah. | -你还没敢正式提出来吧 -对 |
[00:21] | Geez. What’s with you? | 老天 你怎么了 |
[00:22] | You usually run half speed to stay with me. | 你通常半速跑来配合我的节奏 |
[00:23] | Didn’t get a lot of sleep last night. | 昨晚没睡好 |
[00:28] | – How are things with Elyse? – Great. | -伊利斯怎样 -不错 |
[00:32] | – Great? – Yeah. | -不错吗 -对 |
[00:36] | One-syllable answers. | 回答就一个字 |
[00:37] | You’re either out of breath, or you’re lying to me. | 要么是你喘不过气 要么就是你在说谎 |
[00:39] | Yeah. We have our moments, but they usually work out. | 当然也有不愉快的时候 不过总能解决 |
[00:43] | – Man, you got some water? – Yeah. | -老兄 有水吗 -有 |
[00:46] | So how do you work things out? | 你们一般怎么解决 |
[00:49] | I don’t know. We talk, someone apologizes. | 不知道 畅谈 然后其中一人认错 |
[00:52] | Man, I shouldn’t have drank last night. | 老兄 我昨晚不该喝酒的 |
[00:54] | Hey, you mean you apologize. | 你是说通常都是由你认错吧 |
[00:56] | Yeah, I guess. | 是 你说的对 |
[00:57] | – How often do you guys have sex? – Enough. | -你们多久做爱一次 -足够多 |
[01:01] | You do it this morning? | 今早做了吗 |
[01:03] | You did. You did it this morning. | 你肯定做了 今早做了 |
[01:05] | Maybe that’s why you can’t stand up, huh? Come on. | 难怪你站不起来 起来 |
[01:10] | Elyse. | 伊利斯 |
[01:16] | Honey, I’m dehydrated. | 亲爱的 我要脱水啦 |
[01:19] | Do we have anything with electrolytes? | 有没有含电解质的饮料 |
[01:24] | Sleeping Beauty, wake up. | 睡美人 醒醒 |
[01:28] | This is an emergency. | 紧急状况 |
[01:30] | The fridge is empty. | 冰箱空了 |
[01:32] | Come on. It’s almost 4:00. | 起来 都快4点了 |
[01:37] | Elyse. Sweetie. | 伊利斯 甜心 |
[01:41] | Call Jacques. Tell him I’m not feeling well. | 打电话给雅克 说我不舒服 |
[01:45] | It’s Saturday. You haven’t been to work in three days. Remember? | 周六了 你三天没上班了 记得吗 |
[01:50] | Just let me sleep. | 就让我睡吧 |
[01:52] | Come on. You haven’t been out of bed since Wednesday. | 行了 你周三开始就没下过床 |
[01:55] | – Leave me alone. – Come on. What’s up? | -别烦我 -行了 有什么事吗 |
[01:58] | No. Leave me alone. | 没有 别烦我 |
[02:01] | – Honey. – I said leave me alone! | -亲爱的 -我说了别烦我 |
[02:11] | Oh. I think there’s something wrong with me. | 噢 我觉得我有些不对劲 |
[02:48] | She’s been averaging 18 hours of sleep a day since her admission. | 自收治入院以来 她平均每天睡18小时 |
[02:51] | Clinical depression. Incredibly contagious. | 临床忧郁症 传染性极大 |
[02:55] | Every time I’m around one of them, | 每次我靠近他们 |
[02:56] | – I get blue. – It’s not clinical depression. | -我也会变得抑郁 -不是临床忧郁症 |
[02:58] | Great. Got it all figured out. You don’t need me. | 行啊 你已经诊断出来了 没我的事了 |
[03:03] | Three E.R. Doctors, two neurologists | 3个急诊医生 2个神经科医生 |
[03:05] | and a radiologist have all figured out what it’s not. | 还有放射科医生 已经排除可能的病因 |
[03:07] | We need to figure out what it is. | 我们必须找出真正的病因 |
[03:08] | If any of the above-mentioned doctors… | 要是上述提到的诸位医生 |
[03:10] | were interested in my opinion, they would have asked for it. | 对我的意见感兴趣 他们自己会来问的 |
[03:12] | None of them are willing to subject themselves to you. | 没人想到你这里找罪受 |
[03:15] | No pain, no gain. | 没有付出 哪有回报 |
[03:18] | The blood work shows no signs of inflammation, | 血检显示无炎症 |
[03:20] | and no one can figure out what’s actually the cause- | 没人能查明到底是什么引起了… |
[03:23] | What? | 怎么 |
[03:24] | Husband described her as being unusually irritable recently. | 丈夫提到她近期异常易怒 |
[03:27] | And? | 那又如何 |
[03:28] | I didn’t realize it was possible | 女人通常都是易怒的 |
[03:29] | for a woman to be unusually irritable. | 这可不算什么”异常” |
[03:36] | Nice try, but you’re a misanthrope, not a misogynist. | 很好 不过你讨厌的是人类而非女性 |
[03:39] | What’s the first thing | 对于将病人转诊的医生 |
[03:40] | you ask a doctor who’s referring a patient? | 你问的第一个问题是什么 |
[03:42] | Are you questioning my ability to take a history? | 你在质疑我记录病史的能力吗 |
[03:46] | What’s the primary- | 初期症状是什么 |
[03:47] | Not “What.” “Why?” | 不是”什么” 是”为什么” |
[03:49] | – Diseases don’t have motives. – No, but doctors do. | -疾病可没有目的性 -对 但医生有 |
[03:52] | Why this patient? What interests you? | 为什么是这个病人 什么地方吸引你了 |
[03:56] | – Give me the chart. – Why? | -给我病历 -为什么 |
[04:00] | I find your interest interesting. | 我对你的兴趣很感兴趣 |
[04:05] | She’s irritable and sleeping 18 hours a day. | 她易怒 每天睡眠18小时 |
[04:08] | What’s interesting about that? | 这很有意思吗 |
[04:09] | Hypersomnia’s usually accompanied by irritability in depressed patient | 嗜睡和易怒是抑郁症患者的常见症状 |
[04:13] | True, but not relevant. She’s not depressed. | 对 但于此无关 她没有抑郁 |
[04:15] | – Hello. She’s sleeping 18 hours a day. – Fever. | -拜托 她每天睡18小时 -发烧 |
[04:19] | Clinical depression does not cause fever. | 临床抑郁症不会导致发烧 |
[04:21] | – She could be sick and depressed. – She’s sick. | -除了抑郁 她可能还患有其他疾病 -其他疾病 |
[04:23] | Oh, damn it. Why didn’t I think of that? | 哦 该死 我怎么没想到 |
[04:25] | Yeah, that’s what I meant. | 对 我就是这个意思 |
[04:26] | Elevated sed rate indicates inflammation. | 血细胞沉降率升高表示有炎症 |
[04:28] | Hypersomnia and personality changes point toward the brain. | 嗜睡和性格变化显示问题出在脑部 |
[04:31] | Not the spleen? | 不是脾吗 |
[04:32] | Thank goodness we hired a neurologist. | 谢天谢地我们雇了个神经科医生 |
[04:34] | Brain symptoms. Hmm. Could this be a brain problem? | 脑部症状 嗯 可能是脑部出问题吗 |
[04:37] | No other systemic signs of inflammation. Probably not vasculitis. | 无全身性炎症症状 可能不是血管炎 |
[04:39] | What about parasites? Malaria, Chagas. | 寄生虫呢 疟疾 锥虫病 |
[04:42] | But the patient’s never been outside of the United States- | 但是病人从未出过美国 |
[04:44] | especially the tropics. | 更别说去热带地区 |
[04:45] | You mean she claims she’s never been outside the US | 你是说她自称从未离开过美国 |
[04:47] | Very good | 很好 |
[04:48] | Doesn’t matter. | 无关紧要 |
[04:49] | Blood and C.S.F. smears show no sign of parasites | 血液和脑脊液涂片结果显示没有寄生虫 |
[04:51] | Has to be a tumor then. | 那只可能是肿瘤了 |
[04:52] | A tumor sitting directly on top of the brain stem… | 一个肿瘤就长在脑干上 |
[04:54] | that three E.R. Doctors, two neurologists | 但3个急症医生 2个神经科医生 |
[04:56] | and a radiologist missed? | 和一个放射科医生都没发现吗 |
[04:58] | Partridge in a pear tree missed it too. | 梨树上的鹌鹑也没看到[典出一首圣诞歌曲] |
[05:00] | Redo the blood work, and get a new M.R.I. | 重做血检 再做个核磁共振 |
[05:02] | With two-millimeter cuts through the mesodiencephalic. | 中脑扫描2毫米一层 |
[05:05] | And check for evil stepmothers. | 再看看她是不是有个邪恶的后妈 |
[05:07] | This much sleep usually indicates poison apples. | 这么睡法 一定是吃了有毒的苹果 |
[05:10] | Anything else besides the shortness of breath? | 除了呼吸短促 还有其他症状吗 |
[05:13] | Not really. It’s actually just kind of a tightness. | 没了 就是觉得胸闷 |
[05:16] | – You smoke? – No, never. | -你抽烟吗 -不 从不 |
[05:18] | – Exercise? – Eight hours a day. | -锻炼吗 -一天8小时 |
[05:22] | – I teach preschool. – Sounds fun. | -我在幼儿园上班 -听上去很有意思 |
[05:27] | Any history of heart disease in your family? | 有家族心脏病史吗 |
[05:29] | – Not that I know of. – Take a deep breath. | -据我所知没有 -深呼吸 |
[05:34] | – Been under a lot of stress lately? – No more than usual. | -最近压力很大吗 -和以往一样 |
[05:38] | You’re probably just a little anemic. | 你可能就是有点贫血 |
[05:40] | I’m gonna do an E.K.G. Just to make sure. | 为谨慎起见 我还是做个心电图吧 |
[05:43] | Do I need to take this off? | 我需要把这个脱掉吗 |
[05:44] | Uh, no. You can just pull that down in front. | 不用 前面往下拉一点就可以 |
[05:52] | Good Lord. | 老天啊 |
[05:54] | – Are those real? – Do they look real? | -是真的吗 -看着像吗 |
[05:59] | They look pretty damn good. | 看着真不赖 |
[06:00] | They were a present for my husband’s 40th. | 是给我丈夫的40岁生日礼物 |
[06:03] | I figured he’d enjoy them more than a sweater. | 我觉得比起一件毛衣 他会更喜欢这个 |
[06:06] | That’s so sweet. | 太体贴了 |
[06:08] | But I’m afraid the cause of your problem | 不过恐怕引起你不适的东西 |
[06:10] | could be staring us right in the face. | 此刻就在我们眼前 |
[06:12] | Actually, I guess I’m the one doing the staring. | 确切地说 就是我正看着的东西 |
[06:15] | Of course, I can’t be sure. I’d like to consult a colleague. | 当然 我不确定 我想咨询一个同事 |
[06:17] | He’s actually somewhat of an expert in these matters. | 他在这方面是专家 |
[06:23] | Can I get a page on Dr. Wilson? | 请呼叫威尔森医生 |
[06:28] | – A tumor? – We don’t know. | -肿瘤吗 -我们还不确定 |
[06:30] | We’re checking just to be safe. | 安全起见 我们会给她做检查 |
[06:31] | You all already checked for that. | 你们已经检查过了 |
[06:32] | The previous M.R.I. Had a broader view. | 之前的核磁共振不够清晰 |
[06:35] | Some tumors are almost impossible to see | 有些肿瘤很难被发现 |
[06:36] | unless you know exactly where to look. | 除非你确切地知道它们生长的位置 |
[06:38] | – That means it would be small, right? – Yeah. | -就是说它很小 是吗 -对 |
[06:41] | Then you’d be able to operate, take it out? | 那么你们能用手术切除它吗 |
[06:43] | If it’s a tumor, there are a variety of treatment options, | 如果是肿瘤 有多种可选治疗方案 |
[06:46] | but there are variables other than just size. | 但并不完全取决于大小 |
[06:51] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[06:53] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[07:00] | Try to remain as still as possible. | 尽量保持不动 |
[07:02] | The less distortion there is, the more detail we’ll be able to see. | 你保持得越平稳 我们就能看得越清楚 |
[07:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:16] | X-ray tech, report to Radiology Room 3. | X光扫描技师 请到3号放射诊疗室 |
[07:20] | Well. That’s what breasts look like. | 乳房就是这个样子的 |
[07:24] | Is a lie a lie if everybody knows it’s a lie? | 如果人人都明白是谎言 那谎言还是谎言吗 |
[07:27] | Well, if a tree pretends to fall in a forest- | 要是一棵树佯装在树林里倒下 |
[07:29] | House, come on. They’re breasts. | 豪斯 行了 那的确是乳房 |
[07:31] | They’re a birthday present, | 是生日礼物 |
[07:32] | – not a philosophical treatise. – Lie number one. | -不是哲学著作 -谎言一 |
[07:34] | She did not do that for her husband. She did that for herself. | 她这么做不是为了丈夫 是为了她自己 |
[07:37] | She thinks if she looks different, she’ll be different. | 她认为只要她看上去不同 她就会真的不一样 |
[07:39] | No. She thinks if she looks different, | 不 她觉得要是看上去有所不同 |
[07:40] | she’ll be more attractive, which I have to say | 她就会变得更有吸引力 这一点我不得不说 |
[07:43] | Not to her husband. | 她丈夫可不会这么想 |
[07:44] | Cosmetic surgery is so everyone else will look at us differently. | 整容手术是为了让他人对我们另眼相看 |
[07:47] | The same reason you’re wearing that tie. | 你戴这条领带也是基于同样的理由 |
[07:50] | Well, exactly. That was gonna be my next point. | 说得对极了 我接下来就准备说这个的 |
[07:53] | Last three months, same five ties. | 过去3个月中 同样的5条领带 |
[07:55] | Thursday should be that paisley thing. | 周四就该轮到那条涡纹旋花呢的了 |
[07:57] | – It’s a gift from my wife. – No, it’s not. | -这是我妻子送的礼物 -不是 |
[07:59] | Julie hates green. You bought that yourself. | 朱莉讨厌绿色 是你自己买的 |
[08:02] | You want to look pretty at work. | 为了在工作的时候看着帅气 |
[08:05] | Wilson’s got a girlfriend. | 威尔森有女友了 |
[08:08] | D- Stop. Stop. I don’t. | 够了 停下 我没有 |
[08:11] | It takes two department heads | 一个呼吸急促的病人 |
[08:13] | to treat shortness of breath? | 需要两个科室主任治疗共同会诊吗 |
[08:15] | What, do the complications increase exponentially with cup size? | 难道罩杯越大 并发症就越多吗 |
[08:18] | I want an E.K.G. And blood tests, including tox screen on Mrs. – | 我需要做心电图和血检 包括毒物筛检 |
[08:23] | Exam Room One. | 就是1号诊疗室的那位病人 |
[08:25] | You’re ordering tests to cover your lechery. | 你借故检查来掩盖你好色的本质 |
[08:27] | – Interesting. – Very tricky case. | -有意思 -很棘手的病例 |
[08:31] | You love everybody. That’s your pathology. | 你爱每一个人 这就是对你的病情诊断 |
[08:38] | There were no lesions and no mass effect that we could see. | 我们看不到损伤和肿块 |
[08:42] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[08:45] | It means we’re still not | 意味着我们仍然不确定 |
[08:45] | sure what’s causing the neurological problems. | 是什么导致了神经方面的问题 |
[08:48] | I know some things are hard to cure, | 我了解有些疾病很难治疗 |
[08:50] | but what I just don’t get is why it’s taking so long | 但我就是不明白为什么这么久了 |
[08:53] | to figure out what’s wrong with her. | 还无法查明她的病因 |
[08:55] | I know you’re scared. I would be too. | 我知道你很害怕 换做是我的话也会一样 |
[08:57] | I don’t feel good. | 我不舒服 |
[08:58] | You feeling nauseous? | 你有呕吐感吗 |
[09:01] | Honey, are you all right? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[09:06] | She’s seizing! | 癫痫发作 |
[09:09] | Get her on her side. | 把她侧过来 |
[09:10] | – I need some Ativan! – I’ll get it. | -我需要一些安定文 -我去拿 |
[09:13] | – What’s happened? – She’s having a seizure. | -发生什么事了 -癫痫发作 |
[09:17] | – She’s aspirating. – Suction. | -她肺部涌入液体 -快用吸引泵 |
[09:26] | Come on, Elyse. | 挺住 伊利斯 |
[09:47] | The M.R.I. reveals nothing. | 核磁共振结果看不出任何异常 |
[09:49] | – That we were able to detect. – It’s not a tumor. | -只是我们没有检测出异常而已 -不是肿瘤 |
[09:51] | A small glioma could hide from contrast. | 小的神经胶质瘤可能无法显示 |
[09:53] | We could do a PETscan. | 我们可以做正子放射断层扫瞄 |
[09:55] | Yes. That’s how a responsible | 没错 一个有责任心的医生 |
[09:57] | doctor would waste his time in this situation. | 就是这样一点点浪费时间的 |
[09:59] | Suddenly tests and radiologists are incapable of error? | 你又忽然觉得检验和放射科医生都不会出错了吗 |
[10:02] | A glioma not presenting on a contrast M.R.I. | 如果一个神经胶质瘤在核磁共振上都无法显示 |
[10:05] | would have to be smaller than a grain of sand | 那它一定比沙粒还小 |
[10:07] | which does not a gravely ill person make. | 因此不可能让病情如此严重 |
[10:09] | It could be just postictal disorientation. | 可能是病发引起的神志混乱 |
[10:11] | We would have seen improvement by now. | 那样的话 现在情况应该有改善了 |
[10:13] | Late-stage Lyme disease can cause seizures. | 莱姆病到了晚期也能导致癫痫 |
[10:15] | Does the husband care about her? | 她丈夫关心她吗 |
[10:17] | – He hasn’t left her bedside. – How annoying. | -他寸步不离她的病床 -烦人啊 |
[10:19] | It also means she doesn’t have Lyme disease. | 这也意味着她没有莱姆病 |
[10:21] | What, love conquers all? | 什么 爱能战胜一切吗 |
[10:23] | Lyme disease initially presents with a rash. | 莱姆病早期会呈现皮疹 |
[10:25] | Mr. Clingy would have noticed. | 如果有的话 恩爱先生会注意到的 |
[10:27] | We’ve looked at everything else. | 我们什么都查了 |
[10:28] | Did you look at her breasts? | 检查乳房了吗 |
[10:30] | Men. | 男人啊 |
[10:32] | It could be paraneoplastic. | 可能是副肿瘤综合症 |
[10:34] | She have any family history of breast cancer? | 她有乳腺癌家族史吗 |
[10:37] | Her mother died of it. | 她母亲死于乳腺癌 |
[10:40] | The brain, but not the brain. | 脑部问题 不过不是你说的那个病因 |
[10:42] | Clever, huh? | 更聪明 |
[10:51] | How can breast cancer cause problems in her brain? | 乳腺癌为何会导致脑部问题 |
[10:54] | There are molecular similarities between brain cells and tumor cells. | 脑细胞和肿瘤细胞在分子结构上存在相似性 |
[10:58] | Paraneoplastic syndrome causes the body’s own antibodies | 副肿瘤综合症会使人体自身的抗体 |
[11:01] | to get thrown off track. | 主动对抗肿瘤细胞 |
[11:02] | They end up attacking the brain instead of the tumor. | 结果它们对抗的是脑细胞 而非肿瘤细胞 |
[11:05] | So, if you do find a tumor, what do you do? | 那么 要是你们找到肿瘤 怎么办 |
[11:08] | We treat the underlying malignancy. | 我们会清除隐藏的恶性肿瘤细胞 |
[11:11] | Once there’s no tumor to attack, | 一旦肿瘤被清除 |
[11:12] | there’s nothing for the antibodies to get confused about. | 抗体就不会混淆攻击目标了 |
[11:15] | – If the tumor’s treatable. – Exactly. | -前提是肿瘤可治 -当然 |
[11:24] | I’m sorry. I know it’s uncomfortable. | 抱歉 我知道很难受 |
[11:26] | The tighter we go, the better the image will be. | 贴得越紧 结果就会越清晰 |
[11:33] | At least it’ll keep me awake. | 至少能让我醒着 |
[11:35] | Don’t worry. It’s almost over. | 不用担心 快好了 |
[11:38] | I wish people would stop telling me not to worry. | 希望大家别再叫我不要担心 |
[11:41] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:45] | My mom was the same age. | 我母亲也是在这个年纪去世的 |
[11:57] | We’ve been trying to get pregnant for over a year. | 一年多以来 我们一直想要孩子 |
[12:00] | Guess we’re lucky we didn’t. | 幸亏没有 |
[12:01] | A lot has changed since your mom died. | 现在的医学水平和当年相比已不可同日而语 |
[12:04] | Don’t worr- | 不要担… |
[12:08] | Don’t give up. | 不要放弃 |
[12:21] | No tumor? | 没有肿瘤吗 |
[12:22] | The M.R.I. And the mammogram only showed a few benign calcifications. | 核磁共振和乳房X光片仅显示一些良性钙化 |
[12:26] | It’s most likely a small-cell tumor. | 我们要找的应该是小细胞肿瘤 |
[12:28] | It’s no surprise we’re having trouble finding it. | 本身就是很难发现的 |
[12:30] | We should do a PET scan. | 我们应该做个正子放射断层扫瞄 |
[12:31] | Start with her lungs, then maybe her bones. | 从肺部开始 接着是骨骼 |
[12:34] | Sometimes it presents with no tumor at all. | 有时候 完全找不到肿瘤存在的迹象 |
[12:36] | How can a disease caused by a tumor present | 病情就是由肿瘤引起的 |
[12:38] | if there’s no tumor? | 怎么可能找不到肿瘤的存在 |
[12:39] | It happens- 12% of cases. | 有可能 12%的病例都是如此 |
[12:41] | – And how do you treat it if there’s no tumor? – You don’t. | -要是找不到肿瘤 你怎么治 -不治 |
[12:44] | Those 12%, no treatment. | 那12%的病人 无可医治 |
[12:46] | They were too busy looking for the tumor | 医生们一心寻找肿瘤 |
[12:48] | right till they put the patient in the ground. | 直到病人死在病床上 |
[12:51] | – What choice do we have? – Treat the symptoms. | -我们有什么选择 -针对症状 |
[12:53] | I.V. Immunoglobulin. | 静脉注射免疫球蛋白 |
[12:56] | So we’re just gonna ignore the tumor? | 就不管肿瘤了吗 |
[12:57] | Well, eventually it’ll get bigger. | 它最终还是会长大的 |
[12:59] | Then it’ll be really easy to find. | 那个时候就容易找了 |
[13:01] | One of you needs to check out where she works. | 你们中一个去检查她工作的地方 |
[13:04] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:05] | – ‘Cause the husband’s not sick. – Meaning? | -因为丈夫没事 -什么意思 |
[13:07] | If it’s not paraneoplastic, | 如果不是副肿瘤综合征 |
[13:09] | and it is a reaction to some sort of toxin, | 就是中毒反应 |
[13:11] | it’s obviously not coming from their home. | 显然毒源不在家里 |
[13:15] | Foreman, you do it. | 福曼 你去 |
[13:20] | – Why are you riding me? – It’s what I do. | -为什么指使我去 -我就这样 |
[13:23] | – Has it got worse lately? – Yeah. Seems to me. | -最近变本加厉了吗 -对 起码我觉得是 |
[13:27] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:28] | Well, that rules out the race thing. | 那么 我想这与种族问题无关 |
[13:30] | ‘Cause you were just as black last week. | 因为你还是和上周一样黑 |
[13:35] | How long has Elyse worked here? | 伊利斯在这里工作多久了 |
[13:36] | Oh, three years. She’s my best rotisseur. | 3年 她是我最好的烧烤厨师 |
[13:39] | And what’s that? | 干什么的 |
[13:40] | The rotisseur prepares the roasted meats and gravies. | 烧烤厨师准备烤肉和肉汁 |
[13:43] | How do you clean your grill? | 你们怎么清洁烤架 |
[13:44] | You say “Elbow grease.” | 用你们的说法就是 “卖力地清洗” |
[13:48] | Do you use chemical cleaners? | 用化学清洗剂吗 |
[13:49] | Ah, non. Absolument. And chefs don’t do the cleaning anyway. | 绝不 不管怎样 厨师是不做清洁工作的 |
[13:51] | What about pesticides? | 杀虫剂呢 |
[13:53] | You must spray for roaches and that sort of thing. | 你们一定需要对付蟑螂之类的 |
[13:55] | No. My kitchen is clean. No roaches. | 没有 我的厨房很干净 没有蟑螂 |
[14:02] | I need to get back to work. | 我要回去工作了 |
[14:04] | So the fact that I’m here asking you these questions, | 我在这里问你这样的问题 |
[14:07] | it doesn’t worry you? | 你一点都不担心吗 |
[14:08] | Look at me. I’m here 18 hours a day. | 看着 我每天在这里工作18小时 |
[14:11] | That guy practically lives here. He does live here. | 那家伙差不多住这里 他睡这里 |
[14:14] | I use the same detergents for 15 years, | 同样的去污剂我用了15年 |
[14:16] | and everyone is healthy as a horse. | 所有人都健壮如牛 |
[14:18] | Whatever Elyse has, she didn’t get here. | 不管伊利斯得了什么病 病源不是在这里 |
[14:20] | Tell her I hope she feels better. | 向她转达我的祝愿 |
[14:23] | And I had to get a new rotisseur. | 我不得不再找个新烧烤厨师了 |
[14:38] | – Where’s Ed? – He went down to the gift shop to buy a shirt. | -埃德在哪里 -去楼下礼品店买衬衫了 |
[14:42] | I told him I’d stay up here in case you woke up. | 我告诉他我会守在这里 以防你醒来 |
[14:46] | You must have better things to do. | 你还有其他要紧事吧 |
[14:49] | I send my laundry out. | 我已经把我的脏衣服送洗了 |
[14:51] | – You’re not married? – No. | -你没结婚吗 -没 |
[14:54] | Waiting for the perfect guy? | 在等你的真命天子吗 |
[14:57] | Let me guess. You’ve already found him. | 我猜 你已经找到了 |
[15:04] | He threw my towels out the window. | 他把我的毛巾扔出窗外 |
[15:09] | That’s how we met. | 我们就是这样认识的 |
[15:11] | Freshman year, | 大学一年级时 |
[15:13] | Ed came to a party that my roommate and I threw. | 埃德来参加我和室友举办的一个派对 |
[15:17] | He spent most of the night on the bathroom floor. | 那晚的大多数时间 他都躺在洗手间地板上 |
[15:21] | He figured I wouldn’t notice the vomit on the towels | 他觉得把我的毛巾扔掉的话 |
[15:24] | if I didn’t have any towels. | 我就不会发现毛巾上的呕吐物了 |
[15:29] | I’m assuming he came back the next day to apologize? | 我想他第二天一定回来找你道歉了 |
[15:32] | No way. I had to track him down. | 才不是呢 我不得不去找他 |
[15:37] | Conflict resolution has never been one of Ed’s strong points. | 埃德向来不知道如何解决争端 |
[15:43] | Nobody’s perfect, right? | 人无完人 不是吗 |
[15:46] | I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[15:48] | Oh, my neck hurts. | 我脖子好疼 |
[15:51] | You’ve been in this bed for a really long time. | 你躺在床上太久了 |
[15:56] | We’re gonna do the same test we did last night, | 我们要重复昨晚做的测试 |
[15:58] | okay? Do you know what day it is? | 行吗 今天星期几 |
[16:01] | – My arm itches. – It’s probably a mild skin irritation. | -我胳膊痒 -可能是轻微的皮肤刺激 |
[16:04] | I’ll get you some hydrocortisone in a minute. | 我过会给你拿点氢化可的松软膏 |
[16:06] | – Do you know what day it is? – Tuesday. | -知道今天星期几吗 -周二 |
[16:08] | It really itches. | 真的很痒 |
[16:11] | How about I get you that cream right now? | 我现在就给你去拿软膏 |
[16:22] | Oh, my God! Get them off! Get ’em off of me! | 老天 拿开 从我身上拿开 |
[16:24] | Get ’em off me! Get ’em off me! | 拿开 从我身上拿开 |
[16:25] | Elyse, calm down. | 伊利斯 冷静 |
[16:27] | – Get them off me! – Elyse, calm down. Calm down. | -从我身上拿开 -伊利斯 冷静 |
[16:29] | They’re biting me! Oh! They’re biting me! | 他们在咬我 在咬我 |
[16:32] | I’m gonna need some Haldol, five milligrams. | 我需要氟哌啶醇 5毫克 |
[16:34] | – Honey, what’s wrong? – Get ’em off! | -亲爱的 什么事 -拿开 |
[16:40] | Get ’em off. Get ’em off. | 拿开 拿开 |
[16:41] | There’s nothing there, Elyse. | 什么也没有 伊利斯 |
[16:42] | They’re biting me. | 他们在咬我 |
[16:43] | There’s nothing there. | 什么也没有 |
[16:50] | We had to sedate her. | 我们不得不给她用镇静剂 |
[16:51] | You gave sedatives to a patient who’s already sleeping 18 hours a day? | 你们给每天睡18小时的病人用镇静剂吗 |
[16:55] | It was better than letting her scratch all the skin off her arms. | 总比让她把全身皮肤都抓烂强 |
[16:57] | Where’s Wilson? | 威尔森在哪儿 |
[16:59] | Creepy-crawlies are consistent with paraneoplastic syndrome. | 恐怖小爬虫的幻觉符合副肿瘤综合症症状 |
[17:01] | Onset immediately after I.V.I.G. Isn’t. | 静脉注射免疫球蛋白后马上发作 不是吗 |
[17:03] | There is a simple explanation. | 有个简单的解释 |
[17:05] | Maybe she really has bugs under her skin. | 或许她皮肤下真的有虫子 |
[17:08] | Infection? | 感染吗 |
[17:09] | That’s what a worsening of symptoms after immunotherapy would suggest. | 接受免疫疗法症状恶化说明可能是感染 |
[17:13] | Blood cultures and the timeline rule out most bacteria. | 根据血培养和发病时间 可以排除大部分细菌 |
[17:16] | Patient throws up on your shoes, | 如果病人的呕吐物弄到了你的鞋上 |
[17:18] | do you clean up most of it? | 你也只清理其中的大部分吗 |
[17:19] | The symptoms rule out the rest. | 病状排除了其他细菌的可能 |
[17:20] | Serology rules out viruses. | 血清学检验排除了病毒致病的可能 |
[17:22] | C.S.F. Smears rule out parasites. | 脑脊液图片排除了寄生虫致病的可能 |
[17:24] | In the final stage of African trypanosomiasis… | 非洲锥虫病的末期 |
[17:28] | almost all the parasites are inside the brain. | 几乎所有寄生虫都在脑部 |
[17:30] | It’s possible they wouldn’t show on smears. | 可能无法在涂片上显示 |
[17:32] | But it’s not possible for a patient who’s never been to Africa | 但病人从未去过非洲 |
[17:35] | to have African sleeping sickness. | 是不可能患上非洲昏睡病的 |
[17:37] | I’m just saying it fits the symptoms. | 我只是说她的症状符合这病 |
[17:38] | She could’ve got it from a transfusion. | 可能是因为输血感染 |
[17:40] | Or I’m just saying she could’ve got it from a transfusion. | 我只是说可能是输血感染 |
[17:42] | Which she never had. | 她从未接受过输血 |
[17:45] | – Okay. – What about toxins? | -好吧 -中毒呢 |
[17:47] | No, the kitchen she works in is cleaner than some hospitals. | 不可能 她工作的厨房比某些医院都干净 |
[17:50] | But they do serve rabbit. | 但他们供应兔肉 |
[17:53] | Rabbit fever fits her symptoms. | 她的症状和兔热病相符 |
[17:54] | Tularemia initially presents with a rash or ulcer near the infection site. | 兔热病早期会在感染处呈现皮疹或溃疡 |
[17:58] | Not if she inhaled it. | 如果是吸入感染的话就不会 |
[18:00] | Chopping the meat with the cleaver | 用刀具切兔肉的时候 |
[18:02] | could easily aerosolize the bacteria. | 很容易使细菌成雾状散开 |
[18:04] | No. Then she’d have respiratory symptoms. | 不可能 那样的话她该有呼吸道症状才对 |
[18:05] | Maybe she ignored it, figured she had a cold. | 或许她没注意 觉得是感冒 |
[18:08] | We rejected Lyme disease | 我们排除了莱姆病 |
[18:09] | because the couple would have noticed a rash, | 因为如果是的话 丈夫会注意到皮疹 |
[18:11] | but a wet, hacking cough is just gonna slip right by? | 但他会不会没注意到剧烈干咳呢 |
[18:13] | It’s either that or | 这是一种情况 |
[18:15] | she missed her exit on the turnpike and wound up in Africa. | 也可能她错过高速公路出口 结果就到了非洲 |
[18:19] | Okay, two lousy ideas. | 好吧 两个差劲的想法 |
[18:21] | Unfortunately, they’re better than all the other ideas. | 不幸的是 仍然比其他的都强 |
[18:23] | Tularemia. Bizarre. | 兔热病 真怪异 |
[18:28] | Very nice. That’s why I ride you. | 很好 所以我指派你去 |
[18:41] | Did he just turn on the TV? | 他去开电视了吗 |
[18:43] | He needs to think. | 他需要思考 |
[18:45] | So this should tell us whether or not she’s got rabbit fever? | 这就能告诉我们她到底是不是兔热病吗 |
[18:49] | For a diagnosis of tularemia | 如果血清抗体滴度增加了四倍 |
[18:50] | you need a fourfold increase in serum antibody levels. | 则可确诊兔热病 |
[18:53] | To measure an increase you need a before. | 这得和发病前样本对照 |
[18:55] | All we have is an after. | 可我们只有发病后的样本 |
[18:55] | A single titer over 160 would be a big clue. | 单一效价高于160的话就可以很好地证明 |
[18:58] | “That’s why I ride you.” | “所以我差遣你去” |
[18:59] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[19:00] | When I have a good idea it’s because of him? | 我的好想法该归功于他吗 |
[19:01] | Actually, I think he said your idea was a lousy idea. | 实际上 我觉得他是说你的想法很差劲 |
[19:04] | It has to be one of these two conditions. | 只可能是这两种情况之一 |
[19:06] | I say we take our best guess and start treatment. | 要是我 就赌一次 开始治疗 |
[19:08] | Or treat both. | 或者同时治疗 |
[19:09] | The treatment for tularemia can cause aplastic anemia. | 兔热病的治疗会导致再生障碍性贫血 |
[19:11] | – How come he doesn’t ride you guys? – Got a crush on you. | -他为什么不差遣你们 -因为他喜欢你啊 |
[19:13] | He just doesn’t know how to show it. | 就是不知如何表达 |
[19:15] | Get over it. He rides everybody. | 算了吧 他就爱差遣人 |
[19:16] | The treatment for sleeping sickness kills one in 10 patients. | 嗜睡症的治疗死亡率为10% |
[19:19] | We start with the safer treatment. | 我们从相对安全的那个入手 |
[19:21] | By “Safer,” | 你说的”相对安全” |
[19:22] | You mean the one that’s slightly less likely to kill her. | 是指导致她死亡可能性较小的那个 |
[19:38] | Foreman got the gang testing for tularemia? | 福曼让他们做了兔热病检查了吗 |
[19:41] | – Yep. – Probably inconclusive, but worth doing. | -是 -估计仍无定论 但值得一做 |
[19:45] | So, what’s her name? When do I get to meet her? | 她叫什么 我什么时候可以见见她 |
[19:48] | – There’s nobody. Give it up. – Your lips say no. | -根本没那个人 放弃吧 -你嘴上说没有 |
[19:51] | Your shoes say yes. | 你的鞋子说有 |
[19:52] | Well, they’re French. | 是吗 他们是法国货 |
[19:53] | – You can’t trust a word they say. – Solid, yet stylish. | -信不过 -结实而有型 |
[19:57] | A professional woman would be impressed. | 能给职业女性留下深刻印象 |
[19:59] | I’m thinking accountant. Actuary maybe. | 我觉得是会计师 或许 保险精算师 |
[20:03] | It’s somebody in the hospital. | 是医院里的某个人吗 |
[20:05] | Patient? | 病人吗 |
[20:07] | No. Chemo’s not sexy. Daughter of a patient. | 不 化疗的病人可性感不起来 病人的女儿 |
[20:10] | She would certainly have the neediness you need. | 她自然会让你自己觉得是被需要的 |
[20:12] | I’m not gonna date a patient’s daughter. | 我不会和病人的女儿约会的 |
[20:14] | Very ethical. | 真是道德高尚 |
[20:15] | Of course, most married men would say they don’t date at all. | 当然了 大部分已婚男人都会说自己不会去约会 |
[20:18] | There was no date. | 没有约会 |
[20:21] | I had lunch with one of the nurses. | 我和一个护士一起吃了午饭 |
[20:24] | It’s her first time in an oncology unit. | 那是她第一天到肿瘤科 |
[20:25] | She’s having a tough time- emotionally. | 情绪上有点不适应 |
[20:27] | – Perfect. – I wanted to be nice. | -太棒了 -我只是想表示友好 |
[20:30] | That’s all. I mean it. | 就这些 我说真的 |
[20:32] | You always do. It’s part of your charm. | 你总是这么说 这正是你的魅力所在 |
[20:35] | Hi, boys. | 伙计们 |
[20:36] | Mrs. Campbell’s test results. | 坎贝尔女士的检查结果出来了 |
[20:38] | You remember her. The preschool teacher with the heart of silicone. | 记得吧 那个做了隆胸的幼儿园老师 |
[20:42] | No. Doesn’t ring a bell. | 不记得 一点没有印象 |
[20:44] | They came in yesterday. | 检测结果昨天就出来了 |
[20:45] | I figured you guys would have been all over them. | 我以为你们早看过了 |
[20:47] | I know how concerned you were. | 我知道你们对这位病人的”关心” |
[20:48] | She’s all upset ’cause we paid more attention to the other girl. | 她会很难过的 因为我们过于关注另一个了 |
[20:51] | You check out her ass. I’ve got the chest. | 你检查她的臀部 我检查她的胸部 |
[20:55] | The tests were normal. Of course, that’s just my opinion. | 结果没有问题 当然 只是我的见解 |
[20:58] | You might wanna call a couple of guys from maintenance in for a consult. | 你或许打算叫几个保养师来会诊一下 |
[21:01] | You check her E.K.G. Results before she left the other day? | 那天她离开前 你检查她的心电图了吗 |
[21:04] | – You ordered it. – You’re the responsible one. | -是你让我去做的 -应该由你负责 |
[21:06] | – What’s wrong? They look normal to me. – Where is she? | -怎么了 我看着没问题啊 -她在哪里 |
[21:08] | – Waiting downstairs. Why? – I was right. | -楼下等着 干吗 -我是对的 |
[21:20] | Do I have to get rid of the implants? | 我要取出植入物吗 |
[21:23] | Surprisingly, no. | 很意外 不用 |
[21:25] | But your E.K.G. Shows a slightly decreased heart rate. | 但是你的心电图显示心率有所减缓 |
[21:28] | Is that a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[21:29] | You told me you hadn’t changed your diet or exercise. | 你说你的饮食和运动量都没有变化 |
[21:31] | Were you lying? | 你是不是在撒谎 |
[21:32] | – Lying? – Does your husband have high blood pressure? | -撒谎 -你丈夫有高血压吗 |
[21:36] | – My husband? – Yeah, you see, | -我丈夫 -对 听着 |
[21:38] | if you’re gonna repeat everything I say, | 你要是打算重复我说的每句话 |
[21:39] | this conversation’s gonna take twice as long. | 对话时间就得翻倍 |
[21:42] | Yes. He was diagnosed six months ago. | 对 他六个月前被确诊 |
[21:44] | – He do a lot of cooking? – Not really, | -他经常做饭吗 -算不上吧 |
[21:46] | other than oatmeal in the morning. | 只是做早上的燕麦餐 |
[21:48] | Did you happen to notica slightly odd taste to the oatmeal lately? | 你有没有注意到最近的燕麦餐有点怪味 |
[21:51] | Wait. Are you saying that | 等等 你是想说 |
[21:53] | That it looks like your husband stirred in | 你丈夫加红糖时 |
[21:55] | some of his blood pressure medication along with the brown sugar. | 混了些他的降血压药 |
[21:57] | You think my husband’s trying to poison me? | 你认为我丈夫要毒害我吗 |
[21:59] | No. Nothing like that. | 不 不是这样 |
[22:02] | He just doesn’t want to have sex with you. | 他只是不想和你做爱 |
[22:05] | Decreased sex drive is one of the most common side effects | 性欲降低是他所服用的β阻断剂 |
[22:07] | of the beta-blockers he’s been taking. | 最常见的副作用之一 |
[22:09] | I’m guessing he figured if you’re both frigid, | 我猜他觉得要是你们两个在性方面都冷淡下来 |
[22:11] | no harm, no foul. | 就不会给你们的生活造成伤害 |
[22:13] | – Should’ve gotten him the sweater. – That’s ridiculous. | -你还是应该送他毛衣的 -太可笑了 |
[22:16] | Fine. But if you’re still concerned about the shortness of breath, | 好吧 不过要是你还担心呼吸短促问题 |
[22:19] | I’d start making your own breakfast. | 还是开始自己做早饭吧 |
[22:22] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[22:24] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[22:27] | If you care about your husband at all, | 要是你还在乎你的丈夫 |
[22:30] | I’d do the responsible thing. | 你就应该做些负责任的事 |
[22:32] | Buy yourself some condoms, go to a bar, find- | 买点避孕套 去酒吧 找… |
[22:53] | Lab tests inconclusive? | 检查结果得不出结论吗 |
[22:56] | – Not surprisingly. – No. But too bad. | -不足为奇 -不 可是太糟糕 |
[22:59] | Luckily, I have the answer. | 幸运的是 我有答案了 |
[23:02] | – To what? – Thanks for asking. | -什么的答案 -多谢垂询 |
[23:04] | To life itself: Sex. | 生活本身的答案 性 |
[23:06] | Anything that can be transmitted via the blood | 任何可以通过血液传播的疾病 |
[23:07] | can be transmitted through sex. | 都可以通过性交传播 |
[23:09] | Sleeping sickness from sex? | 嗜睡症也是性接触引起的吗 |
[23:11] | It’s not without precedent. | 并非没有先例 |
[23:12] | I’m pretty sure it is, | 我相信你所说的可能 |
[23:13] | unless you’re talking about going to Africa | 除非你的意思是指她远赴非洲 |
[23:15] | and having sex with a tsetse fly. | 去和一直舌蝇做爱 |
[23:16] | A Portuguese man was diagnosed three years ago | 有个葡萄牙人三年前被确诊为 |
[23:19] | with C.N.S. affected sleeping sickness. | 由中枢神经系统疾病引起的嗜睡症 |
[23:21] | His only connection with Africa was through | 他和非洲的唯一联系就是 |
[23:23] | a girlfriend who’d served with the military in Angola. | 他有个在安哥拉军中服役的女友 |
[23:25] | Boy. Where’d you find that? | 老天 你从哪读到这个故事的 |
[23:27] | The Journal of the Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical. | 《热带医学卫生研究院学报》 |
[23:31] | – You don’t read Portuguese? – You do? | -你不懂葡萄牙语吗 -你懂吗 |
[23:33] | Pretty sure that’s what it said. | 很肯定就是这样说的 |
[23:34] | Either that or it was an ad for sunglasses. | 也可能这是太阳眼镜的广告词 |
[23:36] | Her husband has never been to Africa either. | 可是他丈夫也从未去过非洲 |
[23:39] | Oh, stymied again. Your logic is bulletproof. | 再次被质疑了 你的逻辑还真是严密 |
[23:42] | I think ignoring respiratory symptoms | 我觉得更有可能是丈夫忽略了呼吸道症状 |
[23:44] | is more likely than cheating. | 而非她背叛了丈夫 |
[23:45] | – Because? – They’re completely devoted to each other. | -为什么 -他们眼中只有彼此 |
[23:49] | – Because? – They love each other. | -为什么 -他们深爱着对方 |
[23:53] | Or? | 或者 |
[23:55] | They’re overcompensating for guilt. | 他们为了弥补过错 |
[23:58] | Find out which it is. | 找出到底是什么原因 |
[24:00] | You want me to ask a man whose wife is about to die | 他妻子正濒临死亡的边缘 |
[24:02] | if he cheated on her? | 你却要我去问他是否不忠 |
[24:03] | No, I want you to be polite and let her die. | 不 你要是想保持礼节 就眼睁睁看她死好了 |
[24:06] | Actually, I don’t want you to ask her anything. | 其实 我不要你去问她任何事 |
[24:08] | Foreman, take the husband. Chase, take the wife. | 福曼 去问丈夫 奇斯 去问老婆 |
[24:21] | You don’t trust me to do my job? | 你不信任我的工作吗 |
[24:24] | We all formulate questions based on the answers we want to hear. | 人们总是根据自己所希望听到的答案来表述问题 |
[24:27] | And how exactly do you reformulate “Have you screwed around?” | 你将如何表述”你有在外面鬼混吗”这个问题 |
[24:30] | – Did you know she’s been trying to get pregnant? – Yes. | -你知不知道她一直想要怀孕 -知道 |
[24:32] | After you got so freaked about the sick babies a while ago, | 不久前 你为了生病小孩的事抓狂后 |
[24:34] | I figured that was your thing. | 我觉得那是你的心病 |
[24:36] | But you’ve never been prescribed folic acid, | 但从来没有哪个医生给你开叶酸剂 |
[24:38] | and you can’t lose a baby if you’ve never been pregnant. | 你根本没有怀过孕 你也不可能会失去孩子 |
[24:40] | You pulled my medical records? | 你看了我的医疗记录吗 |
[24:41] | You coughed the other day. I was concerned. | 那天你咳嗽 我有点担心 |
[24:44] | You were curious, like an eight-year-old boy with | 你是好奇 就像是8岁小孩 |
[24:46] | a puzzle that’s just a little too grown-up for him to figure out. | 脑海中一直有个疑问 迫不及待地想寻求答案 |
[24:51] | Tomayto, tomahto. | 西红柿 蕃茄 |
[24:54] | So it’s either, uh, sleeping sickness or this rabbit thing? | 所以病因不是嗜睡症就是什么兔子病 |
[24:58] | They’re both fatal without treatment. | 不治疗的话都是致命的 |
[25:00] | And unfortunately, the treatment for both is extremely dangerous. | 不幸的是 两者的治疗也都非常危险 |
[25:04] | – Are there tests you can do? – Not at this stage. | -还有什么检查可做吗 -现阶段没有 |
[25:07] | But each condition has a unique history. | 但是这两者都与特殊病史紧密相关 |
[25:11] | We’re hoping your answers to a few questions will help us. | 我们希望你能回答几个问题 对我们会有帮助 |
[25:15] | Sure. Whatever you need to know. | 当然 我将知无不言 |
[25:17] | Before the sleeping problems, did you have any trouble breathing, | 在睡眠症状前 你有没有呼吸困难 |
[25:21] | a cough that wouldn’t go away- anything like that? | 像是顽固咳嗽之类的症状 |
[25:26] | No. | 没有 |
[25:28] | – Are you certain? – Absolutely. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[25:30] | I’ve never been away from her for more than a night. | 我离开她最久也不会超过一个晚上 |
[25:32] | If she had breathing troubles I would’ve noticed. | 要是她有呼吸困难 我一定会注意到的 |
[25:37] | The other condition is significantly more likely if- | 另一个更有可能的情况就是 你是否… |
[25:43] | if you’ve had an affair. | 你是否有外遇 |
[25:45] | Have you ever had an affair? | 你是否有外遇 |
[25:48] | Of course not. | 绝对没有 |
[25:50] | Are you sure? | 确定吗 |
[25:51] | I think I’d remember cheating on my wife. | 我想要是有所不忠 我一定会记得的 |
[25:53] | – You might be reluctant to admit it. – No. | -你可能不愿意承认 -不 |
[25:55] | I just want to be perfectly clear. | 我只是想弄清楚 |
[25:57] | If your wife has sleeping sickness, and we don’t treat her, | 要是你太太有嗜睡症 而没有得到治疗 |
[26:02] | she’ll die. | 她会死 |
[26:03] | I would never do that to Ed. | 我永远不会对埃德做那种事 |
[26:07] | – I love him. – Absolutely not. | -我爱他 -绝对不会 |
[26:11] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[26:27] | All right then. They say no cheating, | 既然如此 他们都说没有外遇 |
[26:30] | we cross off sleeping sickness. | 我们排除嗜睡病 |
[26:32] | Any new ideas? | 有新想法吗 |
[26:36] | Okay. We go with Foreman’s tularemia. | 好吧 我们按照福曼所说的兔热病进行治疗 |
[26:38] | Start her on I.V. Chloramphenicol, | 开始静脉注射氯霉素 |
[26:39] | 25 milligrams per kilogram, four times a day. | 每公斤体重25毫克 每天4次 |
[26:42] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[26:56] | – Where’s Ed? – Right next to you. | -埃德在哪里 -就在你身边 |
[27:00] | Well, you’re two down, two to go. | 两瓶结束 还有两瓶 |
[27:04] | Two days? | 还有两天吗 |
[27:06] | No. Doses. You have about 20 more days of this fun. | 不 是剂量 你还要住院20多天呢 |
[27:11] | What time is it? | 现在几点 |
[27:13] | About 4:00 a.M. I pulled the short straw. | 大概凌晨4点 我运气不好 被派值夜班 |
[27:20] | Flow rate looks good. | 输液速度合适 |
[27:27] | No rash or flushing. | 没有皮疹没有潮红 |
[27:30] | What time is it? | 现在几点 |
[27:34] | 4:00 a.m | 凌晨4点 |
[27:36] | Do you not remember just asking? | 你不记得刚问过吗 |
[27:41] | I don’t- | 不记得 |
[27:43] | Elyse? | 伊利斯 |
[27:47] | Elyse? Elyse? | 伊利斯 伊利斯 |
[27:50] | – Elyse. – What are you doing? | -伊利斯 -你在干什么 |
[27:53] | – I’m trying to wake her. – She fall asleep again? | -我想要叫醒她 -她又睡了吗 |
[27:55] | In the middle of a sentence. Elyse. Elyse. | 话说了一半 伊利斯 伊利斯 |
[27:58] | – What’s happening? – Patient’s not responding. | -发生什么事了 -病人没有反应 |
[28:01] | Pulse is fine. Airway’s open. | 脉搏正常 气管畅通 |
[28:03] | Check her blood pressure. | 检查血压 |
[28:07] | Pupils are reactive. | 瞳孔有反应 |
[28:09] | Elyse, wake up. You gotta wake up. | 伊利斯 醒醒 你醒醒 |
[28:12] | What does that mean? What are you doing? | 这是什么意思 你在干什么 |
[28:14] | She’s unresponsive to pain. | 她对疼痛没有反应 |
[28:16] | Come on, Elyse. | 醒醒 伊利斯 |
[28:19] | – Is she dying? – I don’t know. | -她要死了吗 -我不知道 |
[28:32] | She’s in a coma. | 她进入昏迷状态了 |
[28:43] | There’s only one way a tularemia patient goes into a coma… | 静注氯霉素时 兔热病病人发生昏迷 |
[28:46] | while on I.V. Chloramphenicol. | 只有一种可能 |
[28:47] | The patient doesn’t have tularemia. | 病人所患的根本不是兔热病 |
[28:49] | And then there was one. | 肯定是我们忽略了某种病因 |
[28:51] | Patient comes in ’cause she’s sleeping too much. | 病人入院是因为她睡得太多 |
[28:53] | It takes 10 doctors and a coma to diagnose sleeping sickness. | 经过10个医生 一次昏迷 才确诊是嗜睡症 |
[28:56] | And then there was none. | 现在这些结论全都被推翻 |
[28:57] | We still have the problem of explaining | 我们仍不能解释 |
[28:59] | how a white chick from Jersey… | 为何一个来自新泽西州 |
[29:00] | who’s never traveled south of D.C. | 从未去过华盛顿以南的白人少妇 |
[29:03] | has African sleeping sickness. | 患有嗜睡症 |
[29:03] | Still have the obvious explanation. | 还有一个解释很明显 |
[29:06] | I made it clear. | 我跟他说的非常清楚 |
[29:07] | If this guy’s lying about sleeping around | 要是他隐瞒外遇的事实 |
[29:09] | he knows he’s murdering his wife. | 会害死他的老婆 |
[29:11] | Does seem unlikely. | 听着不太可能 |
[29:14] | Go away. | 走开 |
[29:33] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[29:36] | Checking for lymphadenopathy. | 检查淋巴结病 |
[29:38] | – And waiting for you. – Who are you? | -顺便等你 -你是谁 |
[29:43] | I’m Dr. House. | 我是豪斯医生 |
[29:45] | Your wife has human African trypanosomiasis. | 你太太患有非洲锥虫病 |
[29:49] | Sleeping sickness. | 嗜睡症 |
[29:50] | You mean it’s not tularemia, | 你是说不是兔热病 |
[29:53] | a virus, tumor or- or cancer? | 不是病毒 肿瘤 或癌症 |
[29:55] | No. | 不是 |
[29:59] | I’ve never had an affair. | 我从未有外遇 |
[30:03] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[30:04] | And I trust Elyse. | 我也相信伊利斯 |
[30:08] | The treatment for this disease is a drug that’s… | 治疗此症的药 |
[30:12] | fatal on its own 10% of the time. | 自身就有10%的致命性 |
[30:16] | Which is why I need your written consent | 所以我要你签同意书 |
[30:18] | before I can legally prescribe it. | 然后我才能按程序治疗 |
[30:19] | Why would she lie if she knew it could kill her? | 她要是知道这能害死她 为何还要撒谎 |
[30:21] | I don’t ask why patients lie. | 我不问病人为何撒谎 |
[30:23] | I just assume they all do. | 我只是设想他们都会撒谎 |
[30:25] | – But why? – To protect you, | -为什么 -为了保护你 |
[30:27] | because she didn’t think it mattered, | 因为她觉得这无关紧要 |
[30:29] | it just seemed easier, because… | 这样会更容易些 因为 |
[30:33] | that’s what people do. | 这是人之常情 |
[30:37] | If you’re absolutely certain that | 要是你完全确定 |
[30:39] | your wife has never had sex with anyone but you | 自从你们结婚以后 |
[30:41] | since you were married, | 你太太从未和你之外的任何人上床 |
[30:42] | then I’m wrong. | 那么就是我错了 |
[30:45] | But if you think there’s a possibility | 但要是你觉得有这么点可能 |
[30:48] | that just one time… | 哪怕就一次 |
[30:51] | she wasn’t perfect- | 她并非那么完美 |
[30:54] | one weekend you’re out of town, | 你不在家的一个周末 |
[30:57] | one fight where she ran to a friend, | 吵架后跑去朋友家 |
[30:59] | one stupid Christmas party- | 无聊的圣诞聚会 |
[31:04] | then you need to allow me to start treatment. | 那么你得让我们开始治疗 |
[31:08] | Because if we don’t, | 因为要是不治 |
[31:11] | she’s gonna be dead by tomorrow morning. | 她明早就会死去 |
[31:22] | You trust your wife that much? | 你那么信任你太太吗 |
[31:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:33] | I’m gonna start the treatment. | 我要开始治疗了 |
[31:51] | Glass syringes? | 是玻璃注射器吗 |
[31:52] | And special I.V. Tubing. | 还有特制静脉输液管 |
[31:55] | Why do we need this stuff? | 为什么要用这些 |
[31:56] | Because melarsoprol melts plastic. | 因为美拉胂醇会腐蚀塑料 |
[31:58] | This stuff’s basically arsenic mixed with antifreeze. | 本质上就是砒霜掺上防冻剂 |
[32:02] | What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, huh? | 毒不死我们就会让我们更强健 |
[32:04] | Nietzsche wouldn’t have been so glib | 要是尼采用过美拉胂醇 |
[32:05] | if he’d been prescribed melarsoprol. | 就不会那么能说会道了 |
[32:09] | “Can cause vomiting, abdominal pain, | 会导致呕吐 腹痛 |
[32:11] | blood toxicity, neural damage, cardiac arrhythmia.” | 血液毒性 神经损伤 心率不齐 |
[32:14] | They forgot to say it’s gonna hurt like all hell. | 这上面没有写会有撕心裂肺般的疼痛 |
[32:17] | She’s lucky she’s in a coma. | 处于昏迷是她的运气 |
[32:36] | – How long before we know if it’s working?- It’s tough to say. | -多久能知道是否起效 -很难说 |
[32:40] | It’s a good sign that she hasn’t gotten any worse. | 没有恶化就是好消息 |
[32:46] | Does she even know I’m here? | 她能知道我在这里吗 |
[32:49] | She knows you’re always there for her. | 她知道你一直在她身边 |
[32:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:55] | If she gets better, | 要是她好转了 |
[32:58] | it means she wasn’t always there for me. | 也就说明她没有一直在我身边 |
[33:03] | It means she made a mistake. | 只能说她犯了个错误 |
[33:07] | I can’t help it. | 我禁不住这样想 |
[33:09] | Part of me- a big part of me- can’t handle that. | 很大程度上 我无法控制住自己 |
[33:17] | It doesn’t want her to get better. | 我甚至不希望她好转 |
[33:28] | Does that make me a terrible person? | 我是不是品行很恶劣 |
[33:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:03] | So you’re treating her for African sleeping sickness… | 你在针对非洲嗜睡症进行治疗 |
[34:06] | because you don’t think it’s possible for someone to be faithful in a relationship? | 因为你认为婚姻中的双方不会对彼此忠诚 |
[34:09] | – And you do? – Yes. | -你信吗 -信 |
[34:11] | And you need to tell me that. | 那你可得好好跟我说说 |
[34:13] | Look. I am not having an affair. | 听着 我没有外遇 |
[34:15] | I had lunch with someone I work with- at work. Once. | 我和一个同事共进午餐 就一次 |
[34:18] | I believe you. | 我信你 |
[34:19] | What I don’t believe is it’ll be just once. | 但我不相信你们就吃了一次 |
[34:22] | – I love my wife. – You certainly love saying it. | -我爱我妻子 -显然你很爱这么说 |
[34:27] | I’m sorry. I know you love your wife. | 对不起 我知道你爱你妻子 |
[34:28] | You loved all your wives. Probably still do. | 你也曾很爱你的那些前妻 可能仍然爱着 |
[34:31] | In fact, you probably love | 实际上 你可能爱着 |
[34:33] | all the women you loved who weren’t your wife. | 所有你曾经爱过但并不是你老婆的女人 |
[34:34] | You can be a real jerk sometimes, you know that? | 你知道吗 有时候你真的很混蛋 |
[34:37] | Yeah. And you’re the good guy. | 没错 你是大好人 |
[34:37] | At least I try. | 至少我努力做个好人 |
[34:39] | As long as you’re trying to be good, you can do whatever you want. | 只要你还在尝试 你就可以为所欲为 |
[34:41] | And as long as you’re not trying, you can say whatever you want. | 只要你还没尝试 你就可以信口雌黄 |
[34:44] | So, between us, we can do anything. | 所以我俩无所不能 |
[34:45] | We can rule the world. | 我们可以统治世界 |
[35:01] | Mixing up some margaritas? | 在调鸡尾酒吗 |
[35:03] | Mine’s a double, senorita. | 我要双份 小姐 |
[35:05] | – That’s Portuguese, you know. – Spanish. | -葡萄牙语 知道吗 -是西班牙语 |
[35:12] | What’s goin’ on? | 怎么了 |
[35:14] | I’m recalibrating the centrifuge. | 在重新校准离心机 |
[35:17] | Turn around. | 转过来 |
[35:28] | It’s a very sad thing. | 伤心啊 |
[35:30] | An uncalibrated centrifuge. | 没校准的离心机 |
[35:32] | – Makes me cry too. – I’m not crying. | -我也想哭了 -我没有哭 |
[35:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:52] | I told the husband he was a jerk. | 我告诉那个丈夫他是个混蛋 |
[35:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:05] | When I was in college, l- | 当我在大学的时候 我 |
[36:10] | I fell in love, and I got married. | 我恋爱了 然后结婚 |
[36:14] | And- | 然后 |
[36:17] | At that age, the chances of marriage lasting- | 那样的年纪 婚姻可以维持下去的机率 |
[36:19] | It lasted six months. | 维持了半年 |
[36:23] | Thyroid cancer metastasized to his brain. | 甲状腺癌转移到了脑部 |
[36:26] | There was nothing they could do. | 医生们无能为力 |
[36:30] | I was 21, and… | 我才21岁 |
[36:34] | I watched my husband die. | 我眼看着丈夫死去 |
[36:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很难过 |
[36:46] | But that’s not the whole story. | 但这不是故事的全部 |
[36:50] | It’s a symptom, not your illness. | 这是表象 不是你的病根 |
[36:53] | Thyroid cancer would have been diagnosed | 甲状腺癌在他死前至少一年 |
[36:55] | at least a year before his death. | 就可以被确诊 |
[36:56] | You knew he was dying when you married him. | 你知道他会死 但你仍然嫁给了他 |
[37:00] | It must have been when you first met him. | 你第一次见他可能就知道 |
[37:05] | And you married him anyway. | 你还是嫁给了他 |
[37:10] | You can’t be that good a person and well-adjusted. | 你那么心善 不可能会掩饰得那么好 |
[37:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:18] | ‘Cause you wind up crying over centrifuges. | 因为你最后对着台离心机在哭泣 |
[37:24] | Or hating people? | 或者憎恨别人 |
[37:42] | Her fever spiked at 104. | 她高烧至104 |
[37:44] | Echo shows global hyperkinesis. | 超声波显示心肌痉挛 |
[37:46] | – Blood pressure? – Barely 90 over 40. | -血压呢 -几乎不到90 40 |
[37:48] | Did you give her dopamine? | 给她注射多巴胺了吗 |
[37:49] | Started 270 micrograms per minute 10 minutes ago. | 10分钟前开始 每分钟270毫克 |
[37:52] | Still no change. | 还是没有变化 |
[38:00] | Killing the parasites isn’t gonna do much good | 如果杀死杀死寄生虫的同时导致心脏损伤 |
[38:02] | if we kill her heart at the same time. | 治疗就没什么意义了 |
[38:04] | A heart can be replaced. A brain can’t. | 心脏可以重新移植 但脑部不能 |
[38:06] | Right now we’re killing both. | 现在心脏和脑都有危险 |
[38:09] | If she’s gonna die, we should at least | 如果她免不了死亡 |
[38:11] | let her do it without that acid flowing through her veins. | 我们至少可以让她不要那么痛苦 |
[38:14] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[38:17] | We would’ve expected your wife’s condition | 我们预计你太太的病情 |
[38:19] | to show some improvement by now. | 此刻应该有所好转 |
[38:22] | It hasn’t. | 但是还没有 |
[38:24] | It’s going the other way. | 反而恶化了 |
[38:57] | Please don’t die. | 求你不要死 |
[39:01] | Please don’t die. | 求你不要死 |
[39:28] | She’s awake. | 她醒了 |
[40:11] | Hey. She’s gonna be okay. | 她会没事的 |
[40:14] | Yeah. Sure. | 是啊 当然了 |
[40:46] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[40:48] | Were you always honest with her? | 你对她一直都很忠诚吗 |
[40:51] | Do you know how lucky you are? | 你知道你自己有多幸运吗 |
[40:52] | Your wife is alive. She loves you. | 你妻子还活着 她爱你 |
[40:55] | What she did- | 她的所作所为 |
[40:58] | You can’t love a person and do that to them. | 你不会对自己爱的人做那样的事 |
[41:03] | She loves you. | 她爱你 |
[41:42] | I need to know who you had the affair with. | 我要知道你和谁发生了婚外情 |
[41:48] | He has to be notified so he can get treatment as well. | 他必须知道实情 才能医治心理的创伤 |
[41:55] | Why did you lie to us? | 你之前为什么要对我们撒谎 |
[41:58] | You knew your life was at stake. | 你知道你的生命危在旦夕 |
[42:07] | He’s not coming back, is he? | 他不会回来了 是吗 |
[42:14] | We all make mistakes, | 我们都会犯错 |
[42:17] | and we all pay a price. | 也会因此而付出代价 |
[42:28] | I need that name. | 告诉我他的名字 |
[42:43] | Hey, there. How you doin’? | 你好吗 |
[42:46] | Fine. | 很好 |
[42:50] | Do you know where your dad is? | 你知道你爸爸在哪里吗 |
[43:01] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |