时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I ought to have this framed. | 我应该把这个框起来 |
[00:07] | My last bill from Princeton. | 我最后的账单来自普林斯顿大学 |
[00:11] | And I thought we were celebrating the fact that I actually graduated. | 我们要庆祝的是我终于毕业了 |
[00:14] | I always knew you’d be able to graduate. | 我早就知道你肯定能毕业的 |
[00:16] | What I didn’t know was whether I would be able to pay for it. | 我不知道的是我付不付的起这钱 |
[00:20] | Your mom, | 你妈妈 |
[00:22] | she’d be so proud of you. | 她以你为荣 |
[00:25] | You always say that. | 你总是这么说 |
[00:27] | I’m so proud of you. | 我也以你为荣 |
[00:29] | Always was. | 一直都是 |
[00:33] | Come on, Dad, you’re gonna cry. | 哦,你要哭了 |
[00:36] | You wanna be embarrassed? | 你不好意思了? |
[00:38] | You got it! | 拥抱一下 |
[00:48] | Look, don’t party too hard tonight. | 今晚别玩的太晚了 |
[00:50] | Your grandmother wants a picture of you getting that sheepskin, | 你奶奶要一张你捧着毕业证书的照片 |
[00:53] | and it’d be nice if you didn’t look completely hung over. – to last me another four years. | 你最好不要喝的醉醺醺的 |
[01:00] | – Good, I think. | 很好 |
[01:10] | Drink! Drink! Drink! | 喝喝喝…… |
[01:14] | More! More! Drink! Drink! Drink! | 很好 |
[01:23] | 12:55! 12:55! | |
[01:27] | Man! | 妈 |
[01:29] | – You are the man! | 你真棒! |
[01:30] | – Tell me something I don’t know! | 跟我讲讲技巧! |
[01:35] | – Hey, that’s not funny, man. | 这个不好玩,伙计 |
[01:37] | – What? | 什么? |
[01:38] | – Yeah, right, you shocked me. | 你电我 |
[01:39] | – With what? I got nothing. | 用什么?我什么都没有 |
[01:46] | Well, hey, whoever’s doing that better cut it out! | 谁在用那个马上断开电源 |
[01:55] | What the hell’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[01:57] | Maybe there’s a short somewhere, | 可能是哪里短路了 |
[01:58] | the floor’s covered with beer. No way, | – 地上都是啤酒 – 不可能 |
[01:59] | no, the outlets are GFI, plus he’s got rubber-soled shoes on. – Oh, my God! | 地板是防高压触电的 他的鞋也是橡胶绝缘的 |
[02:05] | – Somebody call 911! | 快打911 |
[02:51] | Patient experiences shock-like sensations | 病人有休克症状 |
[02:54] | as well as headaches, nausea, | 还有头痛,恶心,睡意 |
[03:00] | and drowsiness. | 极痛苦的休克 |
[03:01] | ER docs referred him to a neurologist, | 急症室医生把他交给了神经科 |
[03:03] | who referred him to five other doctors in the last seven days. | 在过去一周神经科又把他交给另外的5个医生 |
[03:06] | Shocks could be Lhermitte’s sign. Early symptom of MS. | 休克可能是ihermitte’s的表现 |
[03:07] | No. MRI showed | 多样硬化症的早期症状 |
[03:09] | no white matter lesions, | 不是,核磁共振显示没有脑脊髓白质损害 |
[03:11] | and the shocks aren’t accompanied by neck flexing. | 休克没有伴随着头颈弯曲 |
[03:14] | – Good morning! | 早上好 |
[03:15] | – It’s almost noon. | 都中午了 |
[03:16] | Really? That must be why I’m so hungry. | 真的?怪不得我这么饿 |
[03:19] | … | 怎么穿夹克衫了? |
[03:21] | It keeps me warm and cool. | 暖和,酷 |
[03:23] | How does it know? | 谁知道 |
[03:24] | We’re discussing your new patient. | 我们在说你的新病人 |
[03:26] | Must be a boring discussion, | 哦,那肯定很枯燥 |
[03:27] | seeing as I haven’t accepted a new patient. | 好像我还没接受一个新病人呢 |
[03:28] | You accepted him the moment I loaned you 5 grand. | 在我借你5000美元时你就接受了 |
[03:32] | Oh, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[03:34] | When I said I’d do anything for the money, | 当我说我要为这钱做点事时 |
[03:35] | obviously I didn’t mean it. | 很明显我不是说我要收病人 |
[03:36] | You’re gonna like this. | 你会喜欢这个的 |
[03:37] | The kid’s getting shocked every few minutes. | 这个孩子每隔几分钟就休克一下 |
[03:39] | Why would you need $5,000? | 你为什么要5000美元 |
[03:40] | Bad night at poker, or great night with a hooker? | 牌场失意还是情场得意? |
[03:43] | Thank you for saving me the trouble | 谢谢你为我解围 |
[03:45] | of deflecting that personal question with a joke. | 不用开玩笑了 |
[03:48] | College student? | 大学生? |
[03:50] | Nitrous oxide’s fun at parties. Caused the shocks, | 有可能是派对上一氧化二氮搞的鬼 |
[03:53] | and drinking till we puke every night | 每天喝到吐为止 |
[03:55] | can cause everything else. | 还能犯别的事 |
[03:56] | – Give him some B12. – Been there, done that. | 给他一些b12.(维他命b12) |
[03:58] | Also ruled out cancer, MS, pyridoxine toxicity, | 已经排除了癌症,多样硬化症,吡哆酶中毒, 人在心不在 |
[04:00] | and all the popular neuropathies. | 以及所有的流行神经性疾病 |
[04:04] | – Cervical spondylosis. | 不能解释这么低的白细胞 颈脊椎病? |
[04:08] | – Doesn’t explain the low white count. | 我假设他不只是黑而已 |
[04:09] | … | 他应该有非洲家系 |
[04:11] | which means he’d have a lower white count. | 他白细胞这么低是什么意思? |
[04:13] | – Not this low. | 没这么低 |
[04:14] | – He’s a wrestler. | 他是摔跤手 |
[04:15] | Probably uses diuretics to cut weight. | 也许他用利尿剂来减肥 |
[04:18] | – Not this low. | 不会这么低 |
[04:22] | … | – 颈部疱疹损害了脊髓炎 – 没有外表损害 |
[04:28] | Something’s missing. | 有些东西不见了 |
[04:30] | Find out what it is. | 去找出来是什么 |
[04:32] | – I don’t even know what that means. – Well, figure it out. | 我还不知道是什么意思 |
[04:34] | Find it out, | 去找出来 |
[04:36] | and then find me. I’ll be at lunch. | 我去吃饭了 然后来找我 |
[04:38] | – No ideas? | 毫无头绪? |
[04:39] | – Lots of ideas. | 太多了 |
[04:41] | Too many ideas, that’s why so many tests. | 所以才有这么多测试 很多 |
[04:44] | Have you used any recreational drugs? | 你吸过毒吗? |
[04:50] | What? | 什么? |
[04:51] | I’m gonna get mad at you for getting stoned? | 我会因为你吸毒了而生你的气? |
[04:53] | Not today, | 不是今天 |
[04:54] | not here. | 也不是这儿 |
[04:58] | At Christmas, one of the guys had some ecstasy, I mean, I… It was… | 圣诞节时有个家伙过分兴奋了 我的意思的是,他 |
[05:07] | Son of a bitch! | 见鬼 |
[05:15] | ANA is negative for lupus, again. | 狼疮测试也是阴性的 |
[05:17] | House wants more information, | 豪斯要更多信息 |
[05:19] | not the same information done over again. | 不是这些重复的再做一遍 |
[05:22] | … | 我们所知道的就是他要死了 |
[05:23] | … | 他在给我们猜谜? |
[05:25] | Did a more detailed history, | 我找到更多的家庭病史 |
[05:26] | went back three generations. | 祖宗三代 |
[05:27] | – And? – His mom died in a car accident, | – 还有? – 他妈妈死于车祸 |
[05:29] | his mom’s mom had arthritis, and his mom’s mom’s dad | 他外婆有关节炎 |
[05:30] | served in an all-black tank battalion under Patton. | 他外曾祖父曾经在巴顿将军帅领的 黑人坦克团服役过 |
[05:34] | Fascinating. | 好极了 |
[05:35] | If it’s not a tumor, it has to be MS. | 如果这不是肿瘤,那就是多样硬化症 |
[05:36] | Wilson already ruled out… | wilson已经否定这个了 |
[05:37] | MRI can’t rule out MS 100% of the time. | 核磁共振不能100%的检测出多样硬化症 |
[05:40] | – Doesn’t explain the low white count. | 多样硬化症不能解释为什么白细胞这么低 |
[05:41] | – Alcoholism does. | 酒精中毒可以解释 |
[05:43] | On admission, his BAC was 2.0, | 他的细菌人工染色体检查为2.0 |
[05:45] | liver enzymes off the chart. | 肝化酶已经分解了它 |
[05:47] | It was graduation weekend. | 这是个毕业狂欢周末 |
[05:48] | He barely drank in the weeks before that, | 他在这之前到几个星期里几乎都没喝酒 |
[05:50] | and he didn’t drink at all during his wrestling season. | 他在整个摔跤赛季根本就没喝酒 |
[05:52] | – If you believe him. | 如果你相信他的话 |
[05:53] | – I did a tox screen… | 我做了酒精测试 |
[05:54] | It doesn’t matter if she believes him or not, | 她相不相信他不重要 |
[05:56] | it’s already in the chart. | 但它确实有可能 |
[05:57] | We’re supposed to find out what’s missing. | 我们应该去找不见的东西 |
[06:07] | Well, this… | 哇,这个 |
[06:08] | This is perfect. | 太棒了 |
[06:10] | Invite me to dinner on Thursday night. | 星期三晚上请我去吃饭吧 |
[06:12] | Come on, we haven’t had a nice meal together since… | 我们还没有一起好好吃过饭呢 |
[06:15] | Yesterday, when I loaned you $5,000 to buy a new car. | 昨天我借你5000美元去买了辆新车 |
[06:19] | My treat. | 我请客 |
[06:22] | Two-wheeled vehicles that travel 150 miles an hour | 时速150英里的摩托车 |
[06:25] | don’t really go well with crippled, irresponsible drug addicts. | 这个瘸着腿又不负责的药罐子不配他 |
[06:28] | Actually, two-wheeled vehicles that go 180 miles an hour do not go well | 实际上摩托车每小时开180英里 |
[06:32] | with healthy, responsible architects | 一个健康的,负责的设计师也不配他 |
[06:35] | who don’t know how to separate braking and turning. | 不知道怎么区分刹车和转弯 |
[06:37] | Good news is, it brings the price right down. | 好消息是降价了 |
[06:40] | – You’re taking it back. | 你要把它退回去 |
[06:41] | – Mom! | 妈呀 |
[06:43] | How about we talk about this over dinner? | 讲讲我们要一起吃的饭吧 |
[06:47] | … | 好车 |
[06:49] | … | 谢了 |
[06:50] | See, that’s how you do it. | 看吧,这才是你该做的 |
[06:51] | Compliments, dinner. | 恭维,晚饭 |
[06:54] | What do you do with your cane? If he buys me dinner, he’ll find out. | 你的拐杖怎么办? 请我吃饭我就告诉你 |
[07:02] | Evel Knievel had the same setup. | Evel knievel(魔幻摩托车游戏)有一样的构造 |
[07:04] | And he broke every bone in his body. | 他摔断了他全身的骨头 |
[07:06] | We went through all the imaging studies | 我们研究了所有的影像 |
[07:08] | and redid the blood cultures. | 重做了血细胞培养 |
[07:09] | I don’t want hand-me-downs, I want brand-new stuff. | 我不要那些旧东西,我要新信息 |
[07:13] | Well, there’s nothing… | 什么都没有 |
[07:14] | There’s nothing missing! | 什么都没有不见 |
[07:16] | Sorry, I didn’t catch that last part! There’s… There’s… | 对不起我没有听到最后一点 |
[07:27] | There’s nothing else we can do. | 我们什么都不能做 |
[07:30] | – Did you check the police report? – On what? | 你们查了警局记录没有? |
[07:33] | That was 15 years ago. The kid wasn’t even in the car. | 那个发生在15年前了 |
[07:34] | She veered off a straight, | 那孩子根本就不在车上 |
[07:36] | dry road in broad daylight. | 她突然驶离了直线 在大白天干燥的宽马路上 |
[07:38] | That doesn’t seem odd to you? | 你对这点不奇怪吗? |
[07:39] | She probably got distracted changing radio | 可能她正在换电台或做其它的事而分心了 |
[07:43] | stations or something. | 他们当然不知道她是这个家的一员 |
[07:45] | who is frequently incapacitated by shock-like sensations. | 经常性的休克,还可以做事? |
[07:48] | – A genetic component seems unlikely. | 基因分析排除这种可能性 |
[07:50] | – But it’s interesting. | 这很有意思 |
[07:52] | Type II neurofibromatosis could cause the shocks. | 一种纤维神经瘤症可能会引起这种休克 |
[07:54] | You knew this was missing? | 你早就知道这个被漏掉了? |
[07:56] | I knew something was missing, | 我只知道某样东西被漏掉了 |
[07:57] | maybe this, maybe something else. | 也许是这个,也许是别的 |
[07:58] | Get a DNA analysis of the long arm of chromosome 22. | 对第22对长染色体做DNA分析 |
[08:07] | You’d rather have dinner with your wife? | 你真的要跟你妻子吃饭? |
[08:08] | Yes, I would. If she were speaking to me. | 是的,我会的… 如果她跟我说话的话 |
[08:13] | Unlike her, | 跟她不一样, |
[08:14] | I could make it worth your while. | 我值得你跟我一起吃饭 |
[08:17] | Fine. | 好 |
[08:19] | Shall I drive? | 我要开车吗 |
[08:22] | No. | 不 |
[08:23] | And I’m not letting you in my car until I see your wallet. | 直到我看见你的钱包我才让你上我的车 |
[08:29] | NF2. It’s an inherited disease. | nf2是一种遗传病 |
[08:32] | It could cause abnormal growths on the cranial nerves. | 这会引起头盖骨神经的不正常生长 |
[08:35] | It would explain the shocks and other symptoms. | 这可以解释这种症况下的休克 |
[08:37] | DNA analysis will show whether your son | DNA分析可以显示你的儿子 是否有哪种具体的染色体变异 |
[08:42] | has the specific chromosome mutation | 但是如果它是遗传的 |
[08:43] | … | 这就使说我们家其他人有这个病 |
[08:45] | We think your wife may have had it. | 我们认为你妻子可能有这个病 |
[08:47] | No. She never had any sort of health problems. | 不,她身体一向很健康 |
[08:50] | No odd-looking freckles, nodules in the iris? | 没有难看的雀斑?虹膜里没有小块? |
[08:52] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[08:53] | I mean, why would you think she was sick? | 为什么你们认为她有病 |
[08:54] | We think it may have been what caused her car accident. | 我们认为她的车祸另有原因 |
[08:58] | Wait, what do you mean? My mom’s car was hit by a drunk driver. | 我妈妈的车被一个醉鬼撞了 等一下,这是什么意思 |
[09:00] | That’s not what the police report indicated. | 警察的调查报告里可不是这么写的 |
[09:05] | Well, you must have gotten the wrong report. | 你们看到的肯定是错的报告 |
[09:07] | No. | 不 |
[09:09] | They didn’t. | 他们没错 |
[09:17] | When you started driving… I… | 当你开始开车时,我, |
[09:22] | You lied about how Mom died? | 你撒谎了? |
[09:24] | I figured if her death could somehow mean something, it… | 我觉得她至少可以不用白白死掉 |
[09:26] | How does lying about it mean something? | 不用白白死掉是什么意思? |
[09:29] | How could you use her like that, Dad? | 你怎么这么利用她,爸爸? |
[09:31] | Her death? | 她的死? |
[09:32] | – I was just trying to protect you. | 我只是想保护你 |
[09:33] | – What else isn’t true? | 还有什么是假的 |
[09:35] | She wasn’t a teacher, you just wanted me to read? | 你只想我读书? 她不是个老师? |
[09:37] | What’s that smell? | 这是什么味道 |
[09:39] | I don’t smell… | 我没闻到 |
[09:48] | … | 没问题,我们会搞定的 天 |
[09:51] | You didn’t feel anything? | 你没感觉到? |
[09:53] | No. | 没有 |
[09:56] | – You feel that? – Yeah. | 痛吗? |
[09:58] | But you didn’t feel any of this? | 但是你不知道你要方便? |
[10:00] | No. | 没有 |
[10:12] | Sphincter paralysis plus shocks equals Miller Fisher Syndrome. | 肛门括约肌麻痹症加上休克等于米勒费雪综合症 |
[10:15] | Not if you add the stool sample, which is negative for C. jejuni. | 如果你加上他的大便样品,显示的是空肠弯曲菌阴性 就不算米勒费雪综合征了 |
[10:18] | He lied to his son about how his mom died? | 他在她妻子的死上对他儿子撒谎了? |
[10:21] | He was just protecting him. | 他只想保护他 |
[10:23] | Manipulating him. | 操纵他 |
[10:24] | – That’s what parents do. | 父母都这么做 |
[10:25] | – They lie to us because they love us. | 他们对我们撒谎是因为他们爱我们 |
[10:27] | Who’s getting teary? | 谁想要哭? |
[10:28] | Mom’s death is irrelevant. | 母亲的死没有关系 |
[10:30] | DNA revealed no NF2 markers or any other inherited disease. | DNA分析显示没有神经纤维肿瘤迹象 或别的遗传疾病 |
[10:33] | Apparently, she really did fall asleep at the wheel. | 很显然,她在开车时的确睡着了 |
[10:36] | So, what exactly are we talking about here? | 我们现在到底在讨论什么? |
[10:39] | A little peeker, or did the prairie dog | 一点偷窥就让草原犬鼠 |
[10:41] | actually come out to play? | 从洞里出来玩? |
[10:43] | – Excuse me? | 对不起? |
[10:44] | – Are we talking explosive? | 我们在讲爆炸吗? |
[10:46] | The hemoccult was negative for blood, | 潜血检查呈阴性 |
[10:49] | and I wouldn’t say he actually exploded. | 我不会讲他真的爆炸了 |
[10:51] | More like gushed? | 更像大量涌出 |
[10:54] | Good, then we’re getting somewhere. | 我们有一些进展了 |
[10:56] | Yeah? Where? | 真的?什么地步? |
[10:57] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[11:01] | … | 嗨,妈妈 |
[11:03] | Look, I have a business dinner on Thursday night. | 呃,我星期三晚上有个饭局 |
[11:05] | I can’t get out of it. | 我推不掉 |
[11:08] | I know, I really wanted to see you, too. | 我知道,我也很想见你们 |
[11:12] | Actually, can I call you back? I’m in a meeting right now. | 我过会儿给你回电话,现在在开会 |
[11:15] | Okay, thanks. | 好,谢谢 |
[11:18] | Who was that? | 谁打的? |
[11:20] | Angelina Jolie. I call her “Mom”. | 安吉利娜 卓琳.我妈妈 |
[11:22] | Who thinks that’s sexy? | 谁觉得这个好笑? |
[11:24] | So, explosive or gushing… | 到底是爆炸还是大量涌出? |
[11:27] | She never calls here, is everything okay? | 她从来不打这里的电话.有事吗? |
[11:30] | Great, yeah. | 没事,很好 |
[11:32] | My dad’s taking her to Europe. | 我爸爸要带她去欧洲 |
[11:34] | They got a nine-hour layover in Newark on Thursday. | 他们周三要在纽约停留9小时 |
[11:37] | – If it’s gastrointestinal… | 如果这时肠胃的- |
[11:38] | – You lied to avoid seeing your own mom. | 你为了不见你妈妈而撒谎? |
[11:40] | Are you kidding? I can’t lie to my mom. | 你在开玩笑?我从来不对妈妈说谎. |
[11:43] | Seriously, I can’t. | 很认真的,我不能 |
[11:45] | Wilson’s invited me to dinner. | Wilson 请我吃饭 |
[11:46] | It’d be rude to stand up a guy who just loaned me 5 grand. | 放一个借了我5000大洋的人鸽子 不是明智之举 |
[11:49] | Transverse myelitis. | 横向脊髓炎? |
[11:51] | Could cause numbness, | 这个能使他失去知觉 肛门括约肌失去功能 |
[11:54] | anal sphincter dysfunction, | 多谢你转移话题了 |
[11:57] | But that begs the question, what caused the transverse myelitis? | 现在避开这个问题 什么引起了横向脊髓炎? |
[12:01] | Well, we’ve ruled out cancer and MS. Leaves infection. | 我们排除了癌症和多样硬化症.就剩感染了. |
[12:05] | If there was infection, there’d be a fever. | 如果有感染,那就有发热 |
[12:06] | And his blood and CSF cultures are all negative. | 他的血液和脑脊液分析都是阴性的 |
[12:08] | Maybe the infection’s gone but the memory remains. | 也许感染已经好了 但是记忆还停留在那 |
[12:12] | Molecular mimicry. Nice. | 分子模拟,好极了 |
[12:16] | Okay, get an immunoglobulin level and electrophoresis. | 现在去拿一台免疫球蛋白分析仪和电泳仪 |
[12:23] | You’re good, my friend. I’m sure we’ll meet again. | 你很棒.我相信我们会再见面的 |
[12:28] | Do you really think that was his mom on the phone? | 你真的认为那是他妈妈打的电话? |
[12:30] | Probably, don’t know why he’d lie about that. | 也许吧,我只是搞不懂他为什么要撒这个谎. |
[12:33] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[12:34] | You’re not the least bit curious what his parents are like? | 你一点都不好奇他父母什么样的? |
[12:36] | I’m sure his mom’s a piece of work. | 我肯定他的她妈妈的一件作品 |
[12:38] | Only a mother could do that much damage. | 只有妈妈才能做出这么大的毁害 |
[12:40] | My bet’s he was born the way he is. | 我敢打赌他生下来就是这样的 |
[12:42] | Probably tormented his parents, not the other way around. | 刚好相反,也许是他折磨他的父母呢? |
[12:44] | Yeah, he was either a fast runner or one hell of a fighter. | 他既跑不快也不会打架 |
[12:46] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里? |
[12:49] | You guys can handle the tests, right? | 你们能搞定这些测试的,对吧? |
[12:57] | Is there something important that you and House need to discuss over dinner? | 你和豪斯有很重要的事非要在吃饭时讨论? |
[13:01] | Other than the skyrocketing interest rates on personal loans? | 放高利贷 |
[13:04] | You know, this is the fourth time | 你知道,这是第四次 |
[13:06] | I’ve loaned him money. Not lunch money, money-money. | 我借他钱了.不是吃饭的钱–钱 |
[13:09] | House’s parents. | 豪斯的父母? |
[13:11] | They have a layover in Newark Thursday evening. | 周三晚上他们要在纽约逗留 |
[13:16] | – I’m canceling dinner. | 我取消这顿饭 |
[13:18] | – No. I thought maybe you could just invite a few more people. | 不用,其实我觉得你可以邀请更多的人 |
[13:24] | An infectious agent’s molecular structure can resemble the spinal cord’s. | 传染性的药剂的分子结构跟脊柱分子的很像 |
[13:28] | And when the immune system attacks the infection, | 当免疫系统攻击感染时 |
[13:30] | it ends up attacking the spinal cord’s as well. | 它也会停止攻击脊柱细胞 |
[13:33] | So he has an infection? | 这么说他被感染了 |
[13:34] | They just said I don’t. | 他们刚说我没感染 |
[13:35] | Even after the infection is gone, it goes right on attacking | 即便没有感染了,它还是会继续攻击 |
[13:38] | because the spinal | 因为脊柱束仍然在 |
[13:40] | cord is still there. | 这得看感染源是什么 |
[13:47] | I feel like I’m gonna throw up. | 我要吐了 |
[13:49] | Hey, Dad, can you get me a Coke, please? | 爸爸,给我拿罐可乐吧 |
[13:52] | Yeah, that usually helps. | 好,他们通常很有用 |
[13:55] | You’re done. | 你吐了 |
[13:58] | If you’re nauseous… | 如果你觉得恶心 |
[13:59] | No, I’m not nauseous. | 不,我不恶心 |
[14:00] | I just want him out of here. | 我只想他离开这 |
[14:02] | He’s your dad. He’s gonna be around. | 他会一直在你身边 他是你爸爸 |
[14:05] | Yeah, I know. | 是的,我知道 |
[14:07] | It’s not that, it’s… | 不是这个,那是…. |
[14:10] | Are these people completely incapable of telling the truth to each other? | 难道就没有人讲真话了吗? |
[14:14] | He went to Jamaica with his friends. | 他跟朋友去过牙买加 |
[14:17] | No wonder he lied. | 怪不得他撒谎了 |
[14:18] | Children aren’t supposed to have good times. | 家长认为孩子们不应该到处玩 |
[14:20] | One of his friends flew them down. | 他的一个朋友带他们去的 |
[14:22] | Carnell’s dad has this thing about him accepting stuff from rich friends. | Carnel的爸爸不能接受他的有钱朋友 |
[14:26] | He wants him to remember who he is, where he came from. | 他希望他儿子不要忘本 |
[14:29] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了? |
[14:30] | Making dinner plans. What’s up? | 订餐了.什么事? |
[14:32] | The boys have uncovered the shocking fact | 这孩子说出了惊人的事实 |
[14:35] | that the patient has a crappy relationship with his dad. | 他跟父亲关系不好 |
[14:38] | – They seem to actually care. | 他们看上去很在乎对方 |
[14:39] | – Well, I don’t. | 哦,我不这么认为 |
[14:40] | There’s only one reason any kid with a plane flies to Jamaica. | 任何一个孩子去牙买加都只有一个原因 |
[14:42] | It wasn’t for marijuana. | 不是因为大麻 |
[14:44] | He doesn’t do anything but drink. | 他什么都没做只是喝酒 |
[14:45] | He said that to you or his pops? | 他这么跟你说还是这么跟他爸爸说? |
[14:46] | Tox screen was negative for THC. | 四氢大麻醇检测显示阴性 |
[14:49] | Spring break was over a month ago. | 春假一个月前结束了 |
[14:50] | Even pot would have washed out by now. | 就算酒瓶子都被冲掉了 |
[14:52] | Even if he’d smoked, | 就算他吸大麻了 |
[14:54] | no way marijuana causes transverse myelitis. | 也不可能会引起横向脊髓炎啊? |
[14:56] | True. But the stuff they put on it does. | 对,但是他们放的这个东西可以引起 |
[14:59] | Pesticides. | 农药 |
[15:01] | Well, why would he come clean about the trip | 为什么他对旅行说了实话 |
[15:03] | but lie about smoking pot? | 而在吸大麻上撒谎? |
[15:04] | He wouldn’t necessarily have to smoke to get pesticide poisoning. | 他也不可能因为吸毒而得了农药中毒啊 |
[15:07] | He could have eaten fruit that’d been sprayed, | 他可能吃了撒了农药的水果 |
[15:08] | or been exposed through his skin on a hike. | 或者在徒步时暴露出他的皮肤 |
[15:10] | Or he could have smoked it. | 或者他吸了这个 |
[15:12] | A lot of it. Then lied about it | 反正很多原因.撒谎了 |
[15:14] | because that’s what this family does. | 这是因为他家就是这么做的 |
[15:16] | Start him on IV pralidoxime. | 给他注射氯解磷定剂 |
[15:18] | Two grams per liter, | 每升两克 |
[15:19] | and then one gram every eight hours until you see some improvement. | 每8小时注射一克直到你看到成效 |
[15:21] | You have no evidence to support a poisoning diagnosis. | 你没有证据支持中毒诊断 |
[15:24] | Which is why it’s gonna be so cool | 什么是为什么这会变得很酷 |
[15:25] | when I turn out to be right. | 当我证明我是对的时候 |
[15:30] | cameron Cameron. | |
[15:33] | Who are you making dinner plans with? | 你跟谁一起吃晚饭 |
[15:35] | No one. | 没人 |
[15:41] | You bastard. | 你说谎 |
[15:45] | You invited my parents to dinner. | 你邀请我父母吃晚饭 |
[15:48] | Cameron’s got a big mouth. | 天哪,cameron是个大嘴巴 |
[15:50] | Not as big as yours. | 没你的大 |
[15:51] | Hey! You used me to avoid seeing your parents. | 喂,你为了不见你父母而利用我 |
[15:58] | – You could’ve just asked. | 你就不能问我么? |
[15:59] | – You would’ve lied. | 你撒谎了 |
[16:01] | And you would’ve believed me. | 你应该相信我 |
[16:02] | Which would’ve kept us both happy. | 怎样才能让我们都满意呢 |
[16:05] | You want your money back? Is that what this is about? | 你想拿回你的钱?就是这个? |
[16:08] | No! | 不 |
[16:10] | Wait, have you got the money? | 等等,好,你手头有钱了吗? |
[16:17] | If you have the money, then why did you need the loan? | 如果你拿到钱了,你为什么还要借? |
[16:20] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[16:21] | I just wanted to see if you’d give it to me. | 我只想看看你是不是肯给我 |
[16:23] | I’ve been borrowing increasing amounts ever since you lent me $40 a year ago. | 自从你去年借了我40美元后,我就越借越多 |
[16:27] | A little experiment, to see where you draw the line. | 一个小实验可以看出你的底线在哪里 |
[16:32] | You’re trying to objectively measure how much I value our friendship? | 你在测量我们友谊的价值? |
[16:38] | Hey, it’s 5 grand. | 5000美金 |
[16:39] | You’ve got nothing to be ashamed of. | 你不会觉得这样可耻的 |
[16:40] | So, what do you say? | 那你怎么说 |
[16:42] | One little phone call, one big check? | 一个电话交换支票 |
[16:47] | Fine. | 好 |
[16:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:52] | Now, be a grownup and either tell Mommy and Daddy you don’t wanna see them, | 现在你长大了 就可以告诉你爸妈你不想再见到他们了 |
[16:55] | or I’m picking you up at 7:00 for dinner. | 或者我带你去吃晚饭,7点 |
[16:58] | What do you mean? You just said that… | 什么意思 |
[16:59] | I lied. | – 你刚才说 – 我撒谎了 |
[17:01] | I’ve been lying to you in increasing amounts | 自从一年前我跟你说你不刮胡须会比较好看 |
[17:03] | ever since I told you you looked good unshaved a year ago. | 我对你讲的实话就越来越少了 |
[17:07] | It’s a little experiment, you know, | 这只是个小实验,你知道的 |
[17:08] | to see where you draw the line. | 看看你的底线 |
[17:17] | … | 今天还没进展 |
[17:19] | As long as he hasn’t gotten any worse. | 只要他不恶化 |
[17:22] | We’re treating him for pesticide poisoning without any proof of pesticides. | 你在没有任何中毒的证明下就让他按中毒治疗 |
[17:29] | I told House not to… Wow. | 我叫豪斯别这么做了 |
[17:36] | Lawyer’s not gonna believe this. | 律师不会相信这套的 |
[17:39] | He’s got his appetite back. | 他的胃口又回来了 |
[17:42] | Whatever you did, it’s working. | 不管你做了什么,它起作用了 |
[17:44] | He’s healthy, | 他康复了,所有的都可以原谅了 |
[17:48] | so all is forgiven. | 他没有康复 |
[17:50] | Nausea and diarrhea were not his only symptoms. | 恶心和腹泻不是他唯一的症状 |
[17:52] | The shocks have also decreased. | 休克也减少了 |
[17:53] | But not disappeared. | 但是没有消失 |
[17:56] | What about his low white count? | 这对每个人来说都是好消息 |
[17:57] | … | 那他的低白细胞怎么解释 |
[17:59] | Well, the little buggers need time to grow. | 这些小球需要时间来增长 |
[18:03] | Don’t worry, our wrestling Rastafarian will be back on his feet | 别担心 我们的摔跤手信仰的拉斯特教也会回来的 |
[18:06] | and sneaking around behind Pop’s back again in no time. Yeah. | 马上就会在爸爸的后背躲起来 |
[18:13] | Check it again. | 再检查一遍 |
[18:17] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[18:18] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[18:20] | Apparently I can save money by switching to another long-distance carrier. | 我把带菌者转到遥远的外地去 就可以省一大笔钱了 |
[18:25] | … | 是啊,你永远都是对的 |
[18:29] | He has the chills and his temperature’s spiking. | 他在颤抖,体温在上升 |
[18:31] | – It’s nearly 106. | 到106度了 |
[18:32] | – What’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:33] | I mean, what’s happening? | 我问发生什么事了? |
[18:36] | … | 你要我编故事来让你安心吗? |
[18:38] | We think a drunk driver broke into his room… | 一个醉鬼开车冲进了他的房间 |
[18:40] | What’s happening to my son? | 我儿子怎么了? |
[18:44] | The truth is I have no idea. | 真相是我不知道 |
[18:56] | There’s the fever that Cameron was looking for. | cameron正在找发烧的原因 |
[18:59] | We knew if it was myelitis, there had to be an “-itis”. | 如果是脊髓炎的话这里应该有”itis” |
[19:01] | This must be the infection that set it off. | 肯定是感染引起的 |
[19:04] | Yeah. Except in this universe, | 除非这个病例太与众不同 |
[19:08] | effect follows cause. | 也许检测都错了 |
[19:09] | No. The tests were right. | 不,检测是对的 |
[19:10] | Yesterday he had no fever, no infection. | 昨天他没有发热也没有感染 |
[19:12] | So he just happened to catch a bug while he was here? | 那就是他在这里时受到细菌感染了? |
[19:15] | That’s all this is? | 就是这个? |
[19:18] | … | 他现在失去免疫力了 |
[19:19] | Because it’s really down, it might kill him. | 因为白细胞数很低,很可能会杀死他 |
[19:21] | That’s all this is. | 就是这个 |
[19:23] | Is he still pooping his pants? | 他还是大小便失禁? |
[19:24] | It just started again. | 他又开始了 |
[19:27] | … | 当他有点好转时停过 |
[19:30] | When he was feeling better. He was never getting better. | 他只是感到好多了 他从没真正好多了 |
[19:33] | So, all we have to answer is, what causes a 22-year-old kid | 那么我们所要回答的就是 到底是什么使一个22岁的孩子 |
[19:37] | to become immunocompromised with GI involvement and shocks? | 变成免疫系统崩溃,胰岛素混乱,还有休克? |
[19:40] | Just stop and start for no apparent reason. | 那些结束开始都没有明显的原因 |
[19:44] | That would be the ideal. | 这样最理想了 |
[19:46] | You. Intravenous broad spectrum antibiotics. | 你给他注射静脉抗生素 |
[19:49] | You get a cervical, thoracic, and lumbar T2-weighted fast spin-echo MRI. | 再去做个核磁共振 |
[19:52] | And you, track down all those Richie Rich’s who went to Jamaica, | 还有你,去找出来都有谁一起去了牙买加 |
[19:56] | see if any of them have got the shocks, the trots or the hots. | 看看都有谁休克,腹泻或发热 |
[20:00] | The hots, it’s the fever. | 就是发烧 |
[20:04] | You guys gonna join us for dinner Thursday? | 要不要周三跟我们一起吃饭? |
[20:07] | Gotta do my laundry. | 我要洗衣服 |
[20:09] | You’re not curious? | 你们不好奇? |
[20:11] | I’m curious about crocs, but I don’t stick my head in their mouths. | 我对鳄鱼很好奇 不过我不想把头放到它嘴里面 |
[20:14] | I’m out, too. Look, House is a freak! | 我也不去.豪斯是个变态 |
[20:16] | There’s no virus that causes that, no DNA mutation. | 没有病毒引起这个,也没有染色体变异 |
[20:19] | You’re gonna have one dinner with two people. | 你要和两个人吃一顿饭 |
[20:21] | Sixty minutes, most of it spent chewing | 一个小时,大部分时间都在咀嚼 |
[20:23] | or talking about the weather. | 讲些天气 |
[20:24] | Unless they say something like, | 除了一些他们感兴趣的话题 |
[20:26] | “Do you prefer the chardonnay or the merlot?” | “哪种葡萄酒你更喜欢,chardonnayor还是merlot” |
[20:28] | and, “Oh, we kept Greg locked in a closet for 17 years”. | 我们把greg锁在阁楼里17年 |
[20:31] | You’re not gonna learn anything. | 你还是什么都不知道 |
[20:34] | … | 我们想跟你一些朋友谈谈 |
[20:35] | see if they have any similar symptoms. | 看看他们是不是也有一样的症状 |
[20:37] | The doctors in the ER already asked me that. | 急症室的医生已经问过我这些了 |
[20:41] | … | 但他们没有我们现在有的信息 |
[20:43] | What kind of information? | 什么样的信息 |
[20:48] | Would you mind if I spoke with Carnell alone for a minute? | 我能跟carnell单独讲几句吗? |
[20:53] | … | 不.只是些私密问题 |
[20:56] | Why is something suddenly confidential? | 为什么突然变成私密问题了? |
[20:59] | I mean, if you know something about my son, | 我的意思是如果你知道我儿子一些事 |
[21:00] | I need to know what’s going on. | 我要知道发生什么事情了 |
[21:02] | I’m sorry, I have to insist. | 对不起我要坚持 |
[21:04] | I’m his father, | 我是他爸爸 |
[21:06] | and if I’m going to take care of him, | 如果我要去照顾他 |
[21:07] | I need to know the truth. | 我需要知道真相 |
[21:09] | Dad. She wants to know who I went to Jamaica with. | 爸爸,她想知道我跟谁去了牙买加 |
[21:14] | You’ve never been to Jamaica. | 你从来没去过牙买加 |
[21:16] | Taddy’s dad flew a bunch of us down over spring break. | taddy的爸爸在春假时带我们去了那里 |
[21:22] | You told me you had two papers to write over the break. | 你跟我说春假要写两篇论文 |
[21:25] | ‘Cause I didn’t want to come home and work my ass off. | 因为我不想回家干活干的累死 |
[21:29] | I wanted an actual break during a break for once. | 我只想好好的放一次真正的假 |
[21:35] | I shouldn’t have lied to you. | 我不应该骗你 |
[21:37] | No, what you should have done is come home | 不,你应该做的事是回家 |
[21:39] | instead of partying with your rich friends. | 而不是跟你的有钱朋友出去玩 |
[21:42] | I’m sorry, we need those names. | 对不起,我们需要那些人的名字 |
[21:50] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[21:52] | To apologize. | 道歉 |
[21:54] | I realize that my attention to the clinic has been somewhat lax of late, | 我发现我对门诊部的关心有些太迟了 |
[21:57] | and I wanna make amends. | 我觉得要改变一下 |
[22:00] | How about tomorrow night? | 明天晚上怎么样? |
[22:01] | I take the night shift. | 我值晚班 |
[22:02] | The clinic’s closed at night. | 门诊部9点关门 |
[22:04] | Yeah, but I’m sure there’s plenty of things to be done, | 是的,不过我相信会有很多事情要做 |
[22:06] | there’s charts to be reviewed, supplies inventoried… | 一些表格要检查,补给,排列 |
[22:09] | Dinners avoided. | 只要不吃饭 |
[22:12] | … | 我爱死他们的色拉了 |
[22:15] | Give me a reason to get out of this, | 给我个理由 |
[22:17] | and I’ll tell you who started the rumor about you being a transsexual. | 我就告诉你谁造的谣说你做过变性手术 |
[22:21] | – There is no such rumor. – There will be, | 没有这种谣言 |
[22:22] | unless you get me out of this dinner. | 如果你不帮我推掉晚饭就会有这种谣言了 |
[22:25] | No one’s making you do this, House. | 没有人逼你这么做,豪斯 |
[22:27] | Just do what everybody else does. Lie to them. | 就像每一个人做的那样 对他们撒谎 |
[22:31] | 12 | 12岁时 |
[22:32] | My mom’s a human polygraph. | 我妈妈是人类学作家 |
[22:34] | My dad should be taking her to Vegas, not the Louvre. | 我爸爸应该带她去拉斯维加斯而不是卢浮宫 |
[22:37] | Trust me, your mom would much rather think | 相信我,你妈妈绝对相信你是在开会 |
[22:39] | you have a business meeting than you hate her. | 而不是讨厌她 |
[22:42] | I don’t hate her. | 我不讨厌她 |
[22:44] | I hate him. | 我讨厌他 |
[22:47] | We all had headaches, nausea, vomiting. | 我们都头痛,恶心,呕吐 |
[22:50] | You know, we figured it was connected to the massive amounts of drinking. | 我们认为这跟酗酒有关 |
[22:55] | What, you think what happened to Carnell | 你觉得Carnell的病跟的旅行有关? |
[22:58] | has something to do with the trip? or strange feelings since you got back? | 在你回来后没有任何没法解释的疼痛 或奇怪的感觉吗? |
[23:01] | No, except for a little athlete’s foot, I’m fine. | 是,除了一些运动痛外,我很好 |
[23:05] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗? |
[23:08] | There’s a common parasite in Jamaica that can resemble foot fungus. | 在牙买加有种寄生虫会在脚部聚积,使脚肿大 |
[23:16] | It’s not really my feet. | 我的脚没有 |
[23:18] | You know, I figured fungus is fungus. | 我是说肿大 |
[23:22] | It’s my groin. | 这是我的鼠蹊 |
[23:26] | I’m going to need | 我要看看它 |
[23:29] | to take a look at that. | 那你想跟我一起下到医院? |
[23:31] | No, no, I can’t. I mean, I just started two days ago. | 不是,我不能,我两天前才开始 |
[23:33] | We’re right in the middle of a big merger… Then drop your pants. | – 我们就在办公室中间 – 脱裤子 |
[23:52] | Reilly, I need the… | 呃,我需要- |
[23:53] | What the hell’s going on here? | 怎么回事? |
[23:57] | Right. | – 也是他的朋友 – 对 |
[23:58] | Well, as soon as she’s done treating your rash, | 好,等她治好你的皮疹 |
[24:01] | I need the numbers on D-Port Technology. | 我需要d-port技术的号码 |
[24:02] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[24:04] | And, Doctor, why don’t you leave a card on your way out? | 医生,走时留个名片吧 |
[24:15] | Except for one guy with a rash, | 不算一个出疹的男人 |
[24:17] | no one else on the trip has any health issues. | 旅行中没有人有生病 |
[24:20] | … | 我不知道.我检查了一些 |
[24:22] | it doesn’t appear to be ringworm. | 不像是癣 |
[24:23] | What did it look like, | 看上去像什么 |
[24:25] | aside from “not ringworm”? | 不是癣是什么? |
[24:26] | Basically like diaper rash. | 像是衣物过敏 |
[24:29] | … | 他三天没换衣服了 |
[24:31] | Kaposi’s Sarcoma can look like diaper rash. | 卡波西式肉瘤看上去像衣物过敏 |
[24:33] | Any discoloration around the edges? | 周围有没有变色? |
[24:35] | Get him in here. We all wanna take a look. | 带他过来,我要看看 |
[24:37] | Even if it is Kaposi’s, it’s not related. | 就算这是卡波西式肉瘤,也没有什么关系 |
[24:39] | Our patient doesn’t have any skin symptoms | 病人没有任何皮肤上的症状 |
[24:41] | and we’ve already ruled out cancer. | 而且我们已经排除了癌症了 |
[24:42] | What are the odds of two friends | 这种可能性会有多大 |
[24:44] | who just returned from a trip outside the country | 两个朋友刚刚一起从外国回来 |
[24:46] | coming down with unexplained but unrelated illnesses? | 都有无法解释的病,却没有一点联系? |
[24:48] | – Get him in here. – He won’t come. | 带他过来 他不会过来 |
[24:50] | Just started a new job after graduation, | 毕业后他才找到一份新工作 |
[24:51] | they’re working on some big merger. | 他们在一个大公司里工作 |
[24:53] | Tell him his friend’s life hangs in the balance. | 跟他说他的朋友命悬一线了 |
[24:55] | That’s what I told him the first time. | 我一开始也是这么说的 |
[24:57] | Still wound up driving into Manhattan. | 还是不会来曼哈顿的 |
[24:59] | Tell him his life hangs in the balance. | 告诉他他要没命了 |
[25:02] | Tell him the rash is flesh-eating, | 告诉他他的皮疹会吃肉 |
[25:04] | and the next course on the menu is his frank and beans. | 下一步在菜单上就是他了 |
[25:10] | Where’s Stacy? | stacy在哪里? |
[25:12] | Speaking at a conference in Baltimore. | 在巴尔的摩主持会议 |
[25:16] | Why, what do you need? | 豪斯要我把那个孩子给骗过来 |
[25:19] | Well, then you’ll be the one getting the subpoena. | 好,那你就有传票了 |
[25:20] | Well, we do need him to diagnose his friend. | 我们真的需要诊断他的朋友 |
[25:23] | Take the test to the kid. | 给这孩子做这个检测 |
[25:24] | There is no test, House just wants to look at it. | 没有检测,豪斯只想看一下 |
[25:27] | Then take House to it. | 那就叫豪斯做这个测试 |
[25:28] | Yeah, like that’s gonna happen. | 就像这就要发生了 |
[25:32] | Tell House his parents called. | 告诉豪斯他父母打过电话来了 |
[25:34] | Said they were coming in early. | 说他们会早点来 |
[25:36] | He’ll go anywhere just to avoid them. | 他为了逃避他们哪里都会去的 |
[25:40] | So, it’s okay to lie to House but not to a patient? Yup. | 那就可以对豪斯撒谎而不能对病人撒谎? |
[25:49] | – What’s wrong? – His stomach’s getting a lot worse. | 他的胃越来越差了 怎么了? |
[25:52] | It’s rigid! | 他变僵硬了 |
[25:58] | He’s bleeding into his abdomen! | 他腹部出血 |
[26:01] | Try to hang in there, | 我们要动手术 |
[26:16] | Carnell. The infection caused | 感染引起了他的s形孔结肠 |
[26:20] | a perforation in his sigmoid colon. | 这说明抗生素没有用 |
[26:22] | Double the dose, | 加倍剂量 |
[26:23] | and add Tygacil to the list. | 加进甘氨酰四环素类(tygacil) |
[26:25] | Soon as he’s out of surgery. | 就等他出手术室 |
[26:27] | Yeah, | 他说他不能离开工作 |
[26:30] | you told me that two hours ago. | 你两小时前就这么跟我说了 |
[26:31] | I’m not gonna lie. | 我没有打算撒谎 |
[26:33] | Why, ’cause it’s wrong? | 为什么,因为撒谎是不对的? |
[26:34] | Or because you’re a coward? Tough choice. | 还是因为你是懦夫? |
[26:40] | Is that deeply and unforgivably morally wrong? | 这是无法原谅的深刻的道德错误吗? |
[26:45] | No. | 除非我们都错了 |
[26:47] | Unless his condition’s got nothing to do with his friend’s. | 除非他的状况和他的朋友无关 |
[26:50] | You’re just afraid of being wrong. | 你只是害怕犯错 |
[26:57] | Your parents called. | 你父母打过电话来了 |
[26:59] | – They had to catch an earlier… | 你们要搭早– |
[27:00] | – You don’t have to lie to him. | 你不需要跟他撒谎 |
[27:04] | Yeah, | 他下班了? |
[27:05] | by vomiting blood. | 吐血 |
[27:07] | Ambulance is 10 minutes out. | 救护车10分钟前开出了 |
[27:16] | – You Taddy? – Why? | – 你是taddy? – 是的 |
[27:19] | Love the name. If I ever had a dog. | 我爱这个名字.我从没来没有一只狗… |
[27:24] | Don’t talk to her, listen to me. | 不要跟她讲话.听我说 |
[27:25] | He’s vomited in excess of three units of blood. | 他吐了超过三单位的血 |
[27:27] | – He needs to be admitted before… | 他需要住院- |
[27:28] | – If you wanted to be a doctor, | 如果你想做一名医生 |
[27:29] | maybe you should have buckled down a little more in high school. | 也许你在高中时可以再加把劲 |
[27:33] | Exactly how close were you and Carnell? | 你和carnell到底有多近? |
[27:36] | … | 在牙买加大部分时间都在一起? |
[27:39] | … | 等一下,你不是认为 |
[27:41] | … | 喂,我们不是同性恋 |
[27:42] | – I’m not saying you’re gay. | 我没说你是同性恋 |
[27:43] | – I’m saying you had sex. | 我是说你有过性生活 |
[27:45] | Look, we’re not gay. We hardly even hung out. | 我们不是同性恋,我们基本不出去 |
[27:47] | Right. Guess you just flew him down to Jamaica ’cause he won a contest. | 好,那你带他去牙买加因为他赢了比赛 |
[27:50] | No, he’s in my frat. | 不是,他是我们联谊会成员 |
[27:52] | All right, between school and wrestling and going home every break to work | 在上课和摔跤期间一有空就回家 |
[27:54] | in his father’s junkyard, | 在他爸的废物堆积场干活 |
[27:56] | Carnell didn’t have any time to hang out with anybody. | carnell根本就没有时间跟人出去 |
[27:59] | … | 我早就告诉你了 |
[28:01] | There’s no pustules, it’s not staph. | 没有脓包.这不是葡萄状球菌 |
[28:06] | His dad’s what? | 他爸爸的什么? |
[28:07] | His dad owns a scrap metal salvage yard. | 他爸爸有个废金属回收场 |
[28:10] | Carnell worked there during breaks. | Carnell在放假时在那干活 |
[28:20] | Oh, yeah, of course, in this family, | 你在说什么? |
[28:22] | you probably need more specifics. | 当然,在这样的家庭里你需要更多细节 |
[28:25] | You told us you owned a construction company, not a salvage yard. | 你跟我说你有个建筑公司,不是废物回收场 |
[28:29] | I know the way things work. | 我知道是怎么回事 |
[28:30] | The better my job, the better my son gets treated. | 我的工作越好,我儿子受到的治疗就会越好 |
[28:33] | Right, that’s why I’m mad, | 对,这就是我为什么要生气 |
[28:34] | we wasted all that filet mignon on you. | 我们白白浪费了这么多时间 |
[28:37] | Did your kid find anything unusual the last time he worked for you? | 在你儿子最后一次为你干活时发现什么异常的没有? |
[28:40] | No. Braided wire? | – 没有 – 编织线? |
[28:42] | Metal weights on each end, a lead canister, | 两头是金属的铅罐 |
[28:43] | maybe just a lid. | 也许就是个盖子 |
[28:44] | Probably used it as a doorstop or a paperweight. | 也许他拿来做门挡或压纸器 |
[28:46] | Why would he wanna… | 他为什么要用 |
[28:50] | Okay, here it comes. | 好 |
[28:52] | I gave him an early graduation gift, an old plumb I found, | 我给他的早期的毕业礼物是个我找到的铅锤 |
[28:55] | looks like a fishing weight. | 就像鱼秤 |
[28:57] | Put it on a keychain, | 我把它放在钥匙链上 |
[28:57] | so he’d always remember where he came from. | 这样他就可以不会忘本了 |
[29:00] | So he could lie about it later? | 这样他以后就可以靠这个了 |
[29:02] | – Where’s the keychain? – I don’t know, he never used it. | 我不知道 钥匙链在哪里? |
[29:06] | – Kept it where? – I don’t know. | 我不知道 放在哪里了? |
[29:09] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:11] | Why does it matter? | 这个有关系吗? |
[29:13] | Where are the kid’s clothes? | 他的衣服在哪里? |
[29:14] | In the bureau back in his regular room. | 在他的房间的衣柜后 |
[29:16] | – You two, get it to radiology. – His clothes? | 你们两个把它拿去检查放射线 |
[29:18] | The bureau. | 他的衣服? |
[29:19] | Don’t open it. | 别打开 衣柜 |
[29:21] | You, come with me. | 你跟我来 |
[29:28] | Set it down there. | 放在这 |
[29:33] | Now get out of here, this thing’s radioactive. | 然后离开这.它有放射性 |
[29:36] | The chances of radiation causing CNS symptoms? Whoa. | 可能的辐射导致中枢神经系统症状 |
[29:50] | Call the boys in the lead pajamas. | 可以把那个孩子叫做穿着含铅睡衣的人 |
[30:05] | The radiation measurements weren’t high enough to cause central nervous system damage. | 浓度还没有高到引起中枢神经系统损伤 |
[30:09] | It mightn’t have caused nerve damage, | 它也许还没有引起中枢神经损伤 |
[30:11] | but it definitely destroyed his immune system. | 但毫无疑问它破坏了免疫系统 |
[30:13] | And caused tumors. | 还有引起肿瘤 |
[30:14] | We don’t know that. | 我们还不知道 |
[30:15] | None of the MRIs showed anything. | 核磁共振没有显示任何证据 |
[30:19] | Do a PET scan. | 做正电子放射断层扫描 |
[30:21] | Check his cervical spine. | 检查他的中枢脊椎 |
[30:24] | It’s not gonna be good news. | 看上去不太妙 |
[30:29] | Mr. Hall, it’s not good news. | 对不起,坏消息 |
[30:33] | The piece of metal you gave Carnell | 你给carnell的那片金属 |
[30:35] | was from an industrial device used to test wells. | 在工业上是用来探测矿井的 |
[30:38] | People aren’t supposed to just dump radioactive material. | 人们不应该乱丢放射性材料 |
[30:41] | But they do. | 但他们扔了 |
[30:47] | So, what now? I mean, what do you do? | 那现在怎么办? |
[30:50] | Anyone who’s had contact with the source | 任何人跟这个金属有过接触的 |
[30:52] | will have to immediately get treatment for radiation sickness. | 要马上接受放射系疾病的治疗 |
[30:55] | Taddy carried it on his lap on the flight. | Taddy开车时把它放在腿上 |
[30:58] | So there is a treatment? | 有治疗办法吗? |
[31:00] | Transfusions. | 静脉注射 |
[31:02] | And we try to get the fluids and electrolytes balanced. he’s had much more exposure. | 我们会试着平衡电解质 |
[31:10] | The equivalent of about 70,000 chest X rays. | 相当于70,000次x光胸透 |
[31:13] | His ability to create white blood cells has been completely destroyed. | 他的白细胞再造功能已经被完全破坏了 |
[31:18] | And that’s why he can’t fight off this infection? | 这就是他不能摆脱感染的原因 |
[31:21] | Yeah. He’s gonna need a bone marrow transplant. | 他需要骨髓移植术 |
[31:26] | And we did another PET scan. | 我们要再做一次正电子放射断层扫描 |
[31:29] | There’s a cavernous angioma within his spinal cord, | 他的脊柱里有很多血管瘤 |
[31:32] | it’s a tumor. | 那是肿瘤 |
[31:33] | That’s what’s been causing the shocks and CNS symptoms. | 这就是引起休克和中枢神经系统症状的原因了 |
[31:37] | He has a tumor inside of his spinal cord? | 他的脊柱里面有肿瘤? |
[31:42] | The cord is made of strands put together, sort of like a kite string. | 脊柱是一束束的纤维组成的,就像那种风筝线 |
[31:49] | The surgeon should be able to pull the strands apart and excise the tumor. | 手术要把这些一束束的纤维分开,然后切除肿瘤 |
[31:54] | But surgery on someone who’s as hemopoetically compromised as your son is extremely risky. | 他这个手术的风险极高 |
[32:11] | And, if you don’t do the surgery? I mean… | 如果他不做手术的话,我是说… |
[32:17] | The tumor could cause his breathing to stop. | 肿瘤将会停止他的呼吸 |
[32:21] | Possibly his heart as well. | 也许停止心跳 |
[32:26] | There’s no way you could have known. | 你不知道要发生什么 |
[32:42] | Now, you’re gonna have to come with us. | 你最好跟我们来 |
[32:43] | You need to start treatment yourself. | 你自己也要开始治疗 |
[32:44] | No. No, no. | 不 |
[32:48] | I can start my treatment later. | 我过会儿 |
[32:49] | But he can’t. | 但他不能 |
[32:51] | He needs to be in a sterile isolation room to prevent further infections. | 他要送进隔离室防止进一步的感染 |
[33:02] | – Mom. – We’re early. | – 妈妈 – 我们来早了 |
[33:05] | – It’s great to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[33:06] | – Oh, Greg, don’t lie. | greg,不要骗人 |
[33:11] | We came at a bad time, didn’t we? | 我们来的不是时候,对吗? |
[33:12] | Actually, yeah, | 实际上是的 |
[33:13] | I think I have to take a rain check. | 你们的好意我心领了,改日再聚吧 |
[33:17] | Oh, plans have been made. | 计划都订好了 |
[33:19] | Wilson made them. | Wilson已经订好了 |
[33:20] | I asked him to cancel. | 我叫他取消了的 |
[33:22] | I’m dealing with a kind of a complicated case right now so… | 我正在处理意见棘手的病例 |
[33:24] | Well, we’ll just come back when things aren’t so out of control. | 好吧,等情况失控了我们再过来 |
[33:29] | My team is busy. | 我们这组都很忙 |
[33:31] | You don’t wanna see us. | 你不想见我们 |
[33:32] | Mom, don’t make me feel guilty. | 妈妈,别让我感到罪过 |
[33:34] | No, no, of course not. Sorry. | 不,不,当然不,对不起 |
[33:36] | I’ve got a patient who’s probably gonna die of radiation poisoning. | 我现在有个病人可能马上就因为放射感染而死了 |
[33:39] | So that means you can’t eat? | 所以你就不能吃饭了 |
[33:42] | Come on, let’s grab a bite in the cafeteria. | 好吧,我们就在餐厅里随便吃点 |
[33:45] | I’ll buy you a Reuben. | 我给你们买三明治 |
[33:50] | Well, I guess I got time for a sandwich. | 我想我还可以吃个三明治 |
[33:52] | Good. Yeah? | 进来 |
[33:58] | I just wanted to let you know that Carnell’s prepped for surgery. | 我来告诉你carnell准备好手术了 |
[34:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:04] | Hi, I’m Allison Cameron. | 嗨,我是allison cameron. |
[34:07] | I work with your son. | 我是你们儿子的同事 |
[34:08] | Greg’s told us all about you. | greg 跟我们提起过你 |
[34:10] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[34:13] | New, huh? | 新来的 |
[34:14] | Nope, just gullible. | 不是,只是比较好骗 |
[34:16] | I’m sorry, I was just making fun of my son, | 对不起,我只是开我儿子的玩笑 |
[34:19] | not of you. | 不是你 |
[34:20] | We were just about to go to get something to eat, | 我们正要去吃点东西 |
[34:22] | would you care to join us? | 愿意跟我们一起吗? |
[34:28] | You don’t have a lot of time with your son. | 你们很久没跟儿子在一起了 |
[34:30] | Maybe another time. | 下次吧 |
[34:41] | – Do you like the Beatles? | 你喜欢披头士吗? |
[34:44] | – They’re all right. | 他们很好 |
[34:45] | My 12-year-old just turned me back on to them. | 我12岁的孩子正在问我这些问题 |
[34:51] | McCartney’s gotta have more money than God. | Mccattney比上帝都有钱了 |
[34:55] | I think that’s all of it. | 这就是了 |
[34:57] | Reverse him. | 翻个身 |
[34:59] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样? |
[35:02] | – Looks pretty good down here. | 看上去很好 |
[35:04] | – Do I rock, or what? | 我棒极了,是不是? |
[35:07] | His pressure’s dropping! | 他的血压在下降 |
[35:08] | – Give him another two units. | 再给他两单位 |
[35:09] | – I did already! | 已经给了 |
[35:10] | His heart rate’s falling. | 心率下降 |
[35:12] | He’s hemorrhaging. | 他在不断出血. |
[35:22] | They’re talking about Mom’s last trip to the dentist. | 他们在说他妈妈上一次去牙医那 |
[35:26] | Grown children talking to their parents, | 成年人跟父母讲话 |
[35:28] | nothing gets talked about. | 没什么好讲的 |
[35:30] | Trust me, you’re not missing anything. | 相信我.你什么都没错过 |
[35:34] | So, besides work, what you been up to? | 除了工作你还做什么? |
[35:37] | Not much. | 没什么 |
[35:37] | You always say that, | 你总说 |
[35:39] | “Not much”. | 没什么 |
[35:41] | It’s always the answer. | 这个永远都是答案 |
[35:42] | Any new babes you might wanna tell me about? | 没有新意 |
[35:45] | Leave him alone, John. | 饶了他吧,john |
[35:47] | Got a new motorcycle. | 我买了辆新摩托车 |
[35:51] | Might have seen it out front, | 你可以在前面看到 |
[35:52] | it’s orange with a gigantic scrape. | 桔黄色和一些大条纹 |
[35:55] | Is it the one in the handicapped parking? Yeah. | 就是停在残疾人停车处的那个? |
[35:59] | Looks like crap, but it drives great. | 看上去很糟,但是开起来很快 |
[36:01] | Well, you’ll be careful, right? | 好,小心些好吗? |
[36:03] | Last I checked, you still have two legs. | 上次我看见你时还有两条腿 |
[36:06] | Actually, three. | 其实是三条 |
[36:08] | You know what your problem is, Greg? | 你知道你的问题出在哪儿吗? |
[36:10] | Shifting gears? | 换档变速? |
[36:12] | You just don’t know how lucky you are. | 你一直不知道你有多幸运 |
[36:18] | Where’s the head? | 上司在哪里? |
[36:27] | Well, good thing we got that cleared up. | 他终于走了 |
[36:29] | Oh, he was just trying to help. | 他只想帮你 |
[36:31] | I don’t need help. | 我不需要帮助 |
[36:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:34] | You’re absolutely perfect just the way you are. | 你就是这样一个人 |
[36:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:02] | So, how much longer do you think he’ll be in surgery? | 他还要多久? |
[37:05] | It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[37:18] | You know, he just started school when Ann died. | ann死的时候他才开始上学 |
[37:22] | I was a mess. | 我一团糟 |
[37:26] | Still adjusting to being a parent, | 还在想怎么做个好家长 |
[37:28] | much less a single parent. | 不只是个单亲家长 |
[37:32] | You know, I used to put cold pancakes in his lunch box. | 我常常只会放些冷蛋糕在他的饭盒里 |
[37:37] | I mean, that was the only thing I could make that he would eat. | 这是我唯一会做的他可以吃的东西 |
[37:42] | – You did okay, he’s a good kid. – Yeah. Hey. | 你做的很好.他是个好孩子 |
[37:51] | So, how is he? | 他怎么样? |
[37:54] | Well, the surgeon has removed the tumor without damaging the spinal cord. | 手术移走了肿瘤,没有伤害到脊髓 |
[37:59] | But, the infection has caused another intestinal perforation. | 但是感染引起了另一些肠穿孔 |
[38:05] | We stopped the bleeding, but his white count keeps falling. | 我们止住血了,但是白细胞还是在下降 |
[38:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:13] | So what now? | 那现在怎么办? |
[38:14] | Another drug, | 用别的药? |
[38:15] | antibiotics, what? | 抗生素?别的? |
[38:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:21] | The reality is, no matter what we give him, | 事实是无论我们给他什么 |
[38:23] | it’s unlikely he’s gonna be able to fight off the infections. | 他都挺不过来 |
[38:52] | Okay, okay. | 好 |
[39:01] | The father and the friend are responding well to treatment. | 他父亲和朋友都在治疗的很好 |
[39:03] | Things aren’t looking so good for Carnell. | carnell的情况不太好 |
[39:08] | Thank you, for not eating. | 谢谢….我们没有吃东西 |
[39:14] | It was none of my business. | 跟我没关系 |
[39:18] | They seem perfectly pleasant, don’t they? | 他们看上去很高兴,不是吗? |
[39:21] | They are. | 他们很高兴 |
[39:23] | He was a marine pilot. | 他是海军飞行员 |
[39:25] | She was a housewife. | 她是家庭主妇 |
[39:27] | Married 47 years, | 结婚47年了 |
[39:30] | they had one child. | 只有一个孩子 |
[39:32] | Mom is just like everyone else, | 我妈妈跟普通人一样 |
[39:34] | she’s nice enough, | 她很好 |
[39:37] | no great sense of humor, hates confrontation. | 很有幽默感.讨厌吵架 |
[39:41] | My dad’s just like you. | 我爸跟你一样 |
[39:44] | Not the caring till your eyes pop out part, | 突然跳出来关心你 |
[39:48] | just the insane moral compass that won’t let you lie to anybody about anything. | 只是一些荒谬的道德观念 叫你不要对任何人说任何谎话 |
[39:52] | It’s a great quality for Boy Scouts and police witnesses. | 这是做童子军和证人最好的品质 |
[39:57] | Crappy quality for a dad. Hey. | 却是一个好爸爸的最差品质 |
[40:17] | How you doing? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[40:19] | I’m hanging in there. | 就这样 |
[40:26] | I’m sorry I lied to you about Mom. | 对不起,关于你妈我对你撒谎了 |
[40:30] | I’m sorry I lied to you, too. | 我也很抱歉对你撒谎了 |
[40:35] | There was nothing good that came out of her dying. | 她的死没有带来什么好处 |
[40:38] | I’m not mad. | 我没有生你的气 |
[40:41] | I know why you did it. | 我知道你为什么这么做 |
[40:45] | It worked. | 它起作用了 |
[40:48] | I never drink and drive. | 我从不喝酒也不开车 |
[40:57] | I’m scared, Dad. | 爸爸,我害怕 |
[41:03] | Come on. | 没有关系 |
[41:06] | There’s nothing to be scared of. | 没有什么好怕的 |
[41:09] | You’re gonna be just fine. | 你要变好了 |
[41:11] | Don’t play me. | 别耍我 |
[41:14] | I wanna know the truth. | 我只想知道事实 |
[41:17] | I’m telling you the truth. | 我是在告诉你事实 |
[41:20] | You’re gonna be fine, | 你会康复的 |
[41:22] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[41:30] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你爸爸 |
[41:34] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[41:51] | Why does he hate seeing his parents? | 为什么他不想见父母? |
[41:54] | So his dad tells the truth, he can’t handle that? | 因为他爸爸总是说实话,他不能接受这点? |
[41:58] | He hates being a disappointment. | 他不想让他们失望 |
[42:01] | He’s a doctor, world famous. | 他是个医生,世界著名的 |
[42:04] | How disappointed can they be? | 他们怎么会失望? |
[42:08] | You know what I figure is worse than watching your son become crippled? Watching him be miserable. | 你知道的,这比看你儿子变成瘸子要好 比你看着你儿子变成捉摸不透的人要好 |