时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Mark Mark! Mark? Mark? | |
[00:16] | Mark, please ask your father if he wants a burger. | Mark 问问你爸爸要不要汉堡? |
[00:21] | Please ask your Dad if he wants a burger. | 问问你爸爸要不要汉堡? |
[00:23] | Dad? | 爸 |
[00:25] | Dad? | 爸 |
[00:27] | Mom wants to know if you want a burger. | 妈妈问你要不要汉堡 |
[00:33] | Mom, I don’t know what he wants. You ask him. | 妈 我问不出来 |
[00:37] | Aunt Arlene! | 艾伦姨妈 |
[00:42] | Want a burger? | 要汉堡吗? |
[00:46] | Okay. | 要 |
[02:48] | The guy drove his wheelchair into a pool. House would love that. | 自己驾驶轮椅驶入泳池 House会喜欢的 |
[02:50] | He’ll be bored. It’s a great visual, but it’s diagnostically boring. | 没意思的 场面够刺激 但诊断起来很无趣 |
[02:54] | What about post-hair-transplant aphasia guy? | 植发后发生失语症的? |
[02:57] | Infection-throwing clots. House will shoot it down and call you an idiot. | 感染导致血管栓塞 House肯定不接 还会骂你白痴 |
[03:00] | Oh, well, we wouldn’t want that. | 我不想被他骂 |
[03:01] | What about yoga girl? | 做瑜伽的女孩? |
[03:03] | It has a good hook. | 好像有点意思 |
[03:04] | Should we lead with it? | 就给他这个病例吧? |
[03:06] | His first day back, he might want to flex his sarcasm muscle. | 回来上班第一天 他需要舒展毒舌 |
[03:10] | Maybe we open with one of the weaker pitches. | 先给他一个简单的吧 |
[03:16] | You ran here? | 你跑来的? |
[03:19] | It’s just eight miles. | 8英里而已 |
[03:21] | Why did you… | 为什么你– |
[03:22] | Why does a dog lick its workplace-acceptable euphemism – for testicles? | 为什么狗会舔[睾丸的代替语]? |
[03:25] | – Because he can. | 因为能舔到 |
[03:28] | – You should have been back here… – If I’d come back sooner, | 按照8周康复时间 你早该来了 |
[03:32] | then I’d only be able to run six miles. I never would have made it in. | 那时我只能跑6英里 到不了这里 |
[03:36] | – What have you got for me? | 什么病人? |
[03:37] | – You’re completely pain-free? | 你现在不疼了? |
[03:39] | The ketamine treatment can wear off. | K他命的效果应该退了 |
[03:41] | It’s been two months. It’s not wearing off. | 两个月了 还没有退 |
[03:43] | – What have you got for me? | 什么病人? |
[03:43] | – You can take as long as… Why are we having this discussion? | – 效果能持续… – 谈这个做什么? |
[03:46] | Want to hear me thank you again? Thank you, Doctor Cuddy, | 想让我再次感谢你? 谢谢 Cuddy医生 |
[03:49] | not just for removing the bullet, | 不仅为取子弹 |
[03:50] | but thank you for putting me into a ketamine-induced coma and changing my life. | 而且把我置于k他命诱发的昏迷 改变了我的人生 |
[03:53] | Happy? I am. | 高兴吗? 确实 |
[03:55] | Middle-aged man had hair transplant about two months ago… | 中年男子两个月前植发 |
[03:58] | Infection-throwing clots. You’re an idiot. | 感染导致血管栓塞 你是个白痴 |
[04:02] | Except you’re not an idiot, | 看来你不是白痴 |
[04:06] | and she is holding a file for a 26-year-old female. | 她手里的是个26岁女性 |
[04:09] | What have you really got for me? | 到底给我哪个? |
[04:11] | Girl was doing an inverted yoga pose, neck snapped, paralyzed from the neck down, | 女孩子做一个瑜伽倒立姿势 脖子挫伤 颈部下瘫痪 |
[04:16] | except the x-rays show no evidence of spinal injury. | 但是X光未发现脊椎损伤 |
[04:20] | And she’s cute. | 她很可爱 |
[04:22] | Oh, well played, sir. | 做的好 先生 |
[04:29] | What about Stephen Hawking trying to do the 500 butterfly? | 想以自己微薄的力量 掀起蝴蝶效应的史蒂芬霍金 |
[04:32] | Forget it. Brain cancer, brain surgery. | 算了吧 脑癌 外科手术 |
[04:35] | There’s nothing left to diagnose. I would take the other one. | 没什么好诊的了 要我就挑另一个 |
[04:39] | I’ll take them both. | 我两个都要 |
[04:47] | You don’t think he had brain cancer? | 你以为他不是脑癌 |
[04:49] | Of course he had brain cancer. Even oncologists don’t screw up for eight years. | 当然有脑癌 即使你们肿瘤科 也不会坏到折磨病人8年 |
[04:53] | So if there’s no diagnostic issue, why are you taking the case? | 没什么诊断疑问 为什么接这个病例 |
[04:56] | – Treatment can be interesting. – Not to you. | 治疗很有趣 |
[04:57] | – I’ve changed. – No, you haven’t. | – 对你来说不会 – 我变了 |
[04:59] | – No, I haven’t. | – 你才不会变 – 我没变 |
[05:00] | – So why are you taking the case? | 那为什么接这个 |
[05:02] | The guy tried to kill himself. | 想自杀的人 |
[05:03] | The guy had cancer. He’s a lump. | 他有癌症 半死不活的 |
[05:05] | He hasn’t been able to touch his wife, speak to his kids. | 不能碰自己的妻子 不能跟孩子说话 |
[05:08] | He’s been in that chair for eight years. | 他做了8年轮椅 |
[05:10] | His muscles have atrophied. Maybe I can help him with the pain. | 他的肌肉萎缩了 也许我可以帮他缓解疼痛 |
[05:13] | Isn’t that enough of a reason to want to help? | 想帮人 这样的理由还不充分? |
[05:14] | – Not for you. – I’ve changed. | 你可不是 |
[05:16] | No, you haven’t. | – 我变了 – 你不会变 |
[05:18] | Then why am I taking this case? | 那为什么我接这个病例? |
[05:27] | – Let’s start with the cute paraplegic. | 我们先看看漂亮的瘫痪者 |
[05:29] | – Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[05:30] | – Hey. – You look… | 你看着… |
[05:32] | Healthy. | 很健康 |
[05:38] | Quad with no broken neck. Struck me as odd. | 脖子没受伤却颈部以下瘫痪 很罕见 |
[05:42] | You can take a whole two minutes to ease into being back. | 先缓两分钟 不着急开始工作 |
[05:46] | I would’ve taken a whole month to ease back, | 我已经缓了一个月了 |
[05:48] | but eight weeks is the maximum rehab time for a gunshot wound to the stomach and neck, | 腹部和颈部枪伤 8周康复时间已经够多了 |
[05:52] | so go. | 开始吧 |
[05:53] | We heard they never found the guy. There’s no new leads. | 听说还没抓到那人 有新线索吗? |
[05:55] | What? You think he might have shot this patient, too? – It would explain her symptoms. | 你担心他会给这个病人也来一枪? 这么解释她的症状就对了 |
[05:58] | – It could be MS. | 多发性硬化症 |
[06:00] | See? It’s not so difficult. | 看 不是很难 |
[06:01] | It’s not MS. | 不是多发性硬化症 |
[06:03] | She had no symptoms before she climbed onto her head. | 她在倒立之前并无症状 |
[06:06] | Unless she’s been upside-down for the last 10 years, MS ain’t it. | 除非她在过去10年里一直倒立 否则不是多发性硬化症 |
[06:09] | Could be transverse myelitis, swelling in the disks, – choking off nerve function. | 可能是横贯性脊髓炎 椎盘肿胀 阻断神经功能 |
[06:12] | – MRI is negative for that. | 核磁共振否定了 |
[06:18] | Your leg looks fine. Totally pain-free? | 你的腿挺好的 完全不疼了? |
[06:22] | When did this turn into, “What did you do over your summer vacation?” | 怎么话题又转到 “你夏天做了什么” 这种闲话上了? |
[06:25] | It’s a little weird to discuss the case while you’re staring at your blood on the floor. | 你盯着自己的血迹 这样谈病例好似很怪异 |
[06:29] | I asked Cuddy to replace the carpet. | 我跟Cuddy说过换掉地毯 |
[06:34] | I like the carpet. | 我喜欢这地毯 |
[06:37] | What did you do over the summer? | 你夏天做了什么? |
[06:38] | – I… – Redo the tests. | – 我 – 再检查一遍 |
[06:40] | Let’s see if the source of the problem is in the limbs or the spine. Do an EMG. | 看看问题出在四肢还是脊柱 做个脑电图 |
[06:45] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. | 哇 哇… |
[06:47] | We’ve got a whole other quad to cover. | 这里还有个颈部以下瘫痪的 |
[06:49] | This guy’s still got fluid in his lungs. | 肺部还有积液 |
[06:52] | You don’t think that’s from the pool he drank? | 会不会是掉落泳池导致的? |
[06:53] | Give him an O2 mask. His leg muscles have atrophied. | 给他吸氧 他的腿部肌肉萎缩了 |
[06:56] | Tendons have shortened from disuse, causing intense pain. | 肌腱由于长期不用会变短 导致剧痛 |
[07:00] | Tendon surgery will make him more comfortable. | 肌腱手术可以让他好过些 |
[07:03] | Comfortable? | 好过? |
[07:07] | Scoot. | 赶紧 |
[07:13] | Thanks for being here. | 谢谢你在这里 |
[07:16] | Not a problem. | 不客气 |
[07:26] | My Dad wouldn’t kill himself. | 我爸不会自杀 |
[07:27] | You haven’t spoken to him in over six years. | 你6年没跟他说话了 |
[07:29] | – I know my dad. – Mark, the doctor’s just trying to… | Mark 医生只是想… 我了解我爸 |
[07:32] | – He wouldn’t kill himself. | 他不会自杀 |
[07:33] | – Fine. I’m wrong. | 好吧 我错了 |
[07:36] | You obviously have a better understanding of this man who drools in front of your TV set 24 hours a day. | 显然你很了解这个一天到晚 嘴角流涎的人 |
[07:41] | Doctor House? | House医生 |
[07:43] | Look, he must have been confused, | 他一定是搞错了 |
[07:45] | all right? It must have been an accident. | 知道吗? 肯定是意外 |
[07:46] | I hope it was a suicide attempt. | 我希望他是自杀 |
[07:49] | If he was trying to kill himself, then he knows how miserable his life is. | 如果他想自杀 说明他知道生不如死 |
[07:53] | It means there’s still something there to kill. | 说明他仍是一条生命 |
[07:57] | It means your dad’s still there. | 他还在你们身边 |
[08:03] | Sorry. Need you. | 对不起 来一下 |
[08:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:13] | We were doing the EMG, but we never got past the insertion of the conduction pin. | 我们在做脑电图 插导电针的时候出了状况 |
[08:17] | Did she just say, “Thank you”? | 她刚才说谢谢? |
[08:19] | I loaned her some money. What went wrong? | 我借钱给她 哪里出错了? |
[08:21] | Nothing went wrong. | 没出错 |
[08:22] | If nothing went wrong, then something went right. | 如果没出错 就应该做对 |
[08:24] | You’re not gonna tell me why she thanked you? | 你不说她为什么感谢你? |
[08:26] | You’re not gonna tell me what went right? | 你不说做对了什么? |
[08:28] | You did something for which she is grateful, | 你为她做了些事 她感谢你 这让你… |
[08:32] | and you’re embarrassed? | 窘迫? |
[08:33] | For you. | 因为你 |
[08:34] | She saw you coming up, thought you were a 14 year-old boy. I set her straight. | 她看你走上来 以为你是个14岁小男生 我纠正了她 |
[08:38] | I am not telling you what went wrong or right | 我不告诉你出了什么问题 或做对了什么 |
[08:41] | until you tell me why she said, “Thank you.” | 除非你告诉我她为什么谢你 |
[08:44] | Oh, you got me. | 抓住我弱点了 |
[08:46] | You know I need to know. I am so gonna fold. | 你知道我很想知道 我一定认输 |
[08:49] | Except you’re forgetting there’s one thing I can do now. | 但你不知道我还有一招 |
[08:55] | It’s either that or a reflex response. | 这个 或者是神经反射的问题 |
[09:00] | OK | 好吧 |
[09:01] | This is Doctor House. House, this is Caren… | 这是House医生 |
[09:02] | Pleasure’s all mine. What happened? | – House 这位是Caren – 荣幸之至 怎么了? |
[09:05] | When we inserted the conduction pin, she flinched. | 当我们插入导电针 她抖动了 |
[09:07] | She flinched? Did you hear? | 她动了! 听见了? |
[09:10] | Does that mean I’m getting better? | 是不是意味着好转了 |
[09:11] | How big is a flinch? | 抖了多大一下 |
[09:12] | Bigger than a twitch? Smaller than a spasm? | 比抽动大 比痉挛小? |
[09:17] | – Do you smoke? | 你抽烟吗? |
[09:18] | – Socially, not a lot. | 应酬型的 抽的不多 |
[09:20] | You do yoga, and you smoke? | 你做瑜珈 还抽烟? |
[09:21] | I know it’s hypocritical, but… | 我知道 我是两面人 |
[09:23] | No, the world sees your legs. | 没关系 大家都在看你的腿 |
[09:26] | No one’s checking out your lungs. | 没人检查你的肺 |
[09:28] | How would smoking cause… | – 吸烟怎么会导致… – 不会 |
[09:30] | It wouldn’t. I just needed a lighter. | 我只是找火机 |
[09:33] | House! – House. | |
[09:34] | – Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[09:37] | – The case was looking so promising. | 症状很像那么回事 |
[09:39] | – Hey, I’m not faking. | 我不是假装的 |
[09:40] | You moved, therefore you can move. | 你动了 说明你没瘫 |
[09:45] | Get this lunatic out of here before she bores again. | 趁早把这个疯子弄出去吧 |
[09:48] | I’m not faking! | 我不是假装的 |
[10:12] | I heard you were watching surgery with a patient’s family, | 我听说你刚才跟病人家属一起看手术 |
[10:17] | talking to a patient’s family. | 还跟病人家属谈话了 |
[10:22] | It’s because of your hallucination, isn’t it? After you were shot. | 是你的幻觉影响了你吧? 被枪击后的阴影 |
[10:25] | You chose life. You decided you wanted meaning, | 你重新选择生活 选你想要的生活 |
[10:28] | so you took a case with no mystery, | 所以你挑了个没什么挑战性的病例 |
[10:31] | something any doctor could do, | 任何医生都会治的那种 |
[10:33] | a case with no upside except the satisfaction of helping another human being. | 除了可以治好那个病人 这病例并没有什么突破性 |
[10:41] | She thanked me. | 她感谢我 |
[10:42] | And you felt nothing. | 但是 你感觉不到什么 |
[10:47] | I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to feel. | 我也不知道应该有什么感觉 |
[10:51] | It’s like your leg. It’s atrophied. | 这就跟你的腿一样 它萎缩了 |
[10:54] | Keep working it. The feeling will come. | 多试几次 感觉就回找回来的 |
[10:56] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:57] | Need you again. | 还是要你来 |
[10:59] | I told you to get rid of her. | 我说了赶她走 |
[11:00] | It’s a good thing we didn’t. Tightness in her chest. | 还好没赶走 她胸部受到压迫 |
[11:02] | She can’t breathe. It could be pleural effusion. | 呼吸困难 可能有胸膜渗出液 |
[11:03] | Right. | 恩 |
[11:05] | Either that or she’s holding her breath like a four-year-old. | 不然的话她就是故意像小朋友一样屏气 |
[11:18] | Relax. | 放松点 |
[11:20] | I’m not gonna burn you again. | 我不会再烧你了 |
[11:22] | I’m going to stab you! | 我要戳你! |
[11:31] | Look, either you’re faking, or you’ve got a pleural effusion. | 听着 如果你不是假装的话 就是有胸膜渗出液了 |
[11:35] | That’s a buildup of fluid around the lungs, which is very serious, | 是由肺周围的体液形成的 这很严重 |
[11:37] | and I would have no choice but to stab you in the back with this needle and suck all of the fluid out of you. | 我只能用这个针头戳进你的背 把它们吸出来 |
[11:47] | That would defeat the point of me being nasty. | 那跟我恶劣的形象就不相符了 |
[11:50] | Ready? | 准备好了? |
[12:00] | – Down. – She can’t breathe if she’s down. | -躺下 -她躺下就不能呼吸了 |
[12:02] | – Down. – She can’t… | -躺下 -她不能… |
[12:03] | Down, down, down! Come on! | 快 快 快!让她躺下! |
[12:14] | That’s not a pleural effusion. | 那不是胸膜渗出液 |
[12:16] | The problem’s in her heart. | 是她心脏有问题 |
[12:19] | Can’t fake that. | 这是装不出来的 |
[12:32] | Had to relieve the pressure three times in the last two hours, | 过去两小时我已经三次给她减压了 |
[12:36] | so either we figure out what’s causing blood to build up around her heart, | 要么我们就查清楚心脏周围出血的原因 |
[12:39] | or I follow her around with a needle for the rest of her life. | 要么我就拿着针头追着她整个下半辈子 |
[12:41] | Echo was clean. No structural abnormalities. | 没有心脏杂音 也没有器质性病变 |
[12:43] | It could be an infectious process, TB. | 可能是个感染的过程 比如结核 |
[12:46] | Or vasculitis would also explain the effusion. | 或者系统性血管炎 这可以解释渗出液 |
[12:48] | But not the paralysis. | 但是不能解释她双脚的瘫痪 |
[12:50] | Let’s assume that she wasn’t faking it. | 我们假设她不是装的 |
[12:53] | She moved, therefore she could move. | 她动了 就是说 她可以活动 |
[12:55] | She wasn’t paralyzed. | 她没有瘫痪 |
[12:56] | Doesn’t mean she was faking. It could have been a delusion. | 那不一定是装的 可能是一种错觉 |
[12:59] | Now, either she was faking | 也可能她是装的 |
[13:01] | and coincidentally got a real cardiac problem at the exact same time, or it’s a delusion, | 碰巧她有心脏病 在同一时间发作 或者仍然是错觉 |
[13:06] | and the fake paralysis is a real neurological symptom. | 这种瘫痪的假象是种神经学症状 |
[13:09] | Are you thinking vascular tumor on her spine? | 你认为她脊柱里有血管瘤? |
[13:11] | Her platelets are normal. | 她的血小板数正常 |
[13:12] | And she’s been scanned up and down. It’s all clean. | 她全身上下都扫描过了 没发现什么 |
[13:14] | So open her up and find it. | 那就打开她身体去找 |
[13:17] | So what do you want us to do? | 你想让我们做什么? |
[13:18] | Just start at her neck and just keep on cutting down her spine until we stumble on something? | 从颈部开始一节节脊椎找 直到发现异物? |
[13:22] | That should work. | 应该行得通的 |
[13:31] | – His heart rate’s a little high. | 心率偏高 |
[13:33] | – Should I be worried? | 很严重吗? |
[13:34] | Probably just means he’s still in discomfort from the surgery. | 可能他只是还没有从手术从恢复过来 |
[13:37] | I’m gonna up his morphine a little. | 我会调高他的吗啡用量 |
[13:39] | You’ve been so nice to us. | 你对我们真好 |
[13:42] | It’s the job. | 这是医生该做的 |
[13:43] | No, I mean, all the other doctors, | 不 我的意思是 其他的医生 |
[13:44] | all they did was obsess on the cancer, the treatment, the damage, | 他们只关心病情 治疗方案 损伤情况 |
[13:48] | just trying to fix him. | 只是为了救他 |
[13:52] | You’re the first doctor that’s given a damn about the quality of his life. | 你是第一个真正关心他的生命质量的医生 |
[13:59] | His heart rate’s come down. | 他的心率下来了 |
[14:00] | The morphine worked. I was right. | 吗啡起作用了 我做对了 |
[14:08] | What a touching moment. | 真是感人的一幕 |
[14:10] | That’s why we become doctors, | 这就是我们做医生的原因 |
[14:11] | for these rare moments when our hearts are warmed… | 一个这样的场面就能让我们倍感温暖 |
[14:14] | Would you like to get a drink? | 想喝点什么吗? |
[14:17] | Are you serious, or are you just trying to change the subject? | 你是说真的 还是只想换个话题? |
[14:19] | No, I’m serious. | 不是 我说真的 |
[14:21] | I drink. You drink. | 我喝 你也喝 |
[14:23] | We could do it at the same time, | 我们可以一起喝 |
[14:26] | the same table. | 坐同一张桌子 |
[14:28] | If you eat, | 想吃点什么吗? |
[14:29] | we could do that, too. | 我们也可以一起进餐啊 |
[14:32] | I mean, if the answer’s no, that’s cool, but… | 我是说 如果你不想 那也可以 不过… |
[14:38] | No, it’s just | 不是的 只是… |
[14:40] | you’re just coming off of surgery, and you’re not yourself yet, | 你刚做完手术 还没有完全恢复 |
[14:43] | and I work for you, and even though last year’s… | 我是你的下属 尽管去年… |
[14:48] | You’re smiling. I’m saying no, and you’re smiling. | 你在笑 我拒绝你 你却在笑 |
[14:52] | Well, don’t take it personally. | 我可不是针对你 |
[14:53] | It’s just ’cause you’re full of crap. | 而是因为你满嘴的胡说八道 |
[14:55] | You have no interest in going out with me. | 你根本不想跟我约会 |
[14:57] | Maybe you did, | 也许你想过… |
[14:59] | when I couldn’t walk, | 在我不能走的时候 |
[15:00] | when I was a sick puppy that you could nurture back to health. | 我是个生病的可怜虫 你可以让我恢复健康 |
[15:03] | Now that I’m healthy, there’s nothing in it for you. | 现在我好了 你就没有兴趣了 |
[15:07] | You are not healthy. | 你并没有好 |
[15:12] | Cuddy wants to see you. | Cuddy要见你 |
[15:22] | You’ve been back at work 24 hours, and you’re already playing hide-and-seek in a woman’s spine. | 你才恢复工作24小时就开始在一个女人 的脊柱里玩躲迷藏的把戏了 |
[15:27] | Who won the pool? | 谁赌赢了? |
[15:29] | There’s no tumor. | 没有发现肿瘤 |
[15:30] | Her platelets are normal. The scans didn’t… | 她的血小板数也正常 |
[15:31] | What’s the worst that can happen? | – 扫描也没发现… – 情况最坏会怎样? |
[15:34] | Might paralyze her. | 我令她瘫痪 |
[15:35] | She won’t even notice. | 她甚至都注意不到 |
[15:37] | Her lawyers might. | 她的律师会的 |
[15:38] | You’re not doing the surgery. And lower the morphine on your other patient. | 这个手术不能做 你另一个病人的吗啡剂量要降下来 |
[15:41] | Fine, I’ll lower it if you let me do the surgery. | 好吧 我降 如果你让我坐手术 |
[15:44] | What? | 什么? |
[15:46] | You want to trade? | 这是做交换? |
[15:48] | We’re not swapping a couple of goats for your help putting up a barn. | 咱们是农夫吗? 你帮我堆草 我送你山羊? |
[15:51] | You want something. I want something. | 你有所求 我也有所求 |
[15:53] | We compromise. It’s the grownup way to resolve our differences. | 咱们妥协 这是处理冲突的理智方式 |
[15:55] | There already is a mechanism for that, | 我们对此有成熟的机制 |
[15:57] | it’s called the employer-employee relationship, | 叫做上下级关系 |
[15:59] | I get what I want, and you don’t. | 我可以得到我想要的 你不能 |
[16:17] | You tried to swap? | 你想交换? |
[16:19] | Ran a few more tests. | 做几项检查 |
[16:21] | They came back negative. The surgery’s on. | 如果没异常就做手术 |
[16:33] | You really don’t give a crap, do you? | 你真的不在乎 是吧? |
[16:35] | Does that make me evil? | 这么说我是坏蛋? |
[16:37] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:38] | The girl’s life is at stake. All we’re talking about with the guy is… | 女孩的生命危在旦夕 我们还在谈论… |
[16:41] | All we’re talking about is the reason you took the case, to help someone. | 我们在谈论的是你接下病例的原因 |
[16:45] | – Too bad for them. – Too bad for you. | – 算他们倒霉 – 算你倒霉 |
[16:47] | The reason we crave meaning is because it makes us happy. | 我们渴望有意义 因为这让我们快乐 |
[16:52] | The first level of happiness… | 快乐的第一个层面是… |
[16:55] | I’m not going away. | 我不会走开 |
[16:57] | The fifth level of happiness involves creation, | 快乐的第五个层面是创造 |
[17:00] | changing lives. | 改变生活 |
[17:01] | The sixth level is heroin. The seventh level is you going away. | 快乐的第六个层面是海洛因 第七是你走远点 |
[17:05] | You’re saving lives, which is tantamount to creating lives, | 你在拯救生命 这几乎等于创造生命 |
[17:09] | but all you’re taking away from this is the game. | 但是你只要把它当一个游戏 |
[17:12] | You don’t have to listen to them thanking you. | 你不用听别人感谢你 |
[17:13] | You don’t have to change the cases you take or even how you handle them. | 你不用改变接病例的习惯 或者诊治的方式 |
[17:16] | You just have to know that you made a difference. | 只需知道你的努力有成效 |
[17:28] | – House! You’re not… | House 你不是– |
[17:29] | – I’m not an idiot. Move. | 我可不是傻子 |
[17:32] | House, leave her alone. | House 别碰她 |
[17:33] | Close her up. | 把手术停了 |
[17:34] | You want to know why? | 想知道为什么? |
[17:35] | The room’s no longer sterile. | 手术室不再是无菌的了 |
[17:38] | True, but it’s not the most interesting reason. | 没错 但那不是最有意思的原因 |
[17:40] | That is not a sexy big toe. | 那可不是一个性感的大脚趾 |
[17:43] | You’d never put that in your mouth. | 你才不会不会把那放进嘴里 |
[17:44] | What the hell does that got to do. I told you it was interesting, | – 那到底是怎么回事– – 说了有意思 |
[17:48] | but it gets even better. | 甚至会很有意思 |
[17:53] | Scurvy? | 坏血病? |
[17:54] | Yeah. Drink. | 嗯 喝吧 |
[17:55] | Like what sailors get when they don’t eat right? | 出海的水手饮食单调得的病? |
[17:58] | Aye, aye. | 是的 |
[17:59] | Your arms and leg tissues are choked with blood. | 你的臂部和腿部组织都淤了血 |
[18:01] | It makes it hard to move. It also damages your hair and toenails. | 因此你动弹不得 还损坏了你的头发和脚趾甲 |
[18:05] | But I’m on this great diet, lots of protein, lots of… | 但是我正在节食 大量的蛋白质 大量的– |
[18:08] | No vitamin C. | 没有维生素C |
[18:10] | Now drink. | 现在喝了它 |
[18:14] | Well, thank you. | 嗯 谢谢你 |
[18:18] | And thank Doctor House. | 还要谢谢 House 医生 |
[18:20] | You can send him a note. | 给他写个纸条吧 |
[18:24] | The nurse changed his morphine. I thought you were worried about… | 护士改变了他的吗啡用量 我想你是担心他– |
[18:28] | It’s just post-op discomfort. He’s ready to go home. | 仅仅是术后不适症状 他可以回家了 |
[18:32] | So he won’t have any pain? | 所以他不再会感到疼痛吗? |
[18:35] | Eventually. | 最终不会 |
[18:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你了 |
[18:40] | Everything else will be the same. | 别的事也会这样 |
[18:41] | Well, you took away his pain, and that changes a lot. | 你祛除了他的疼痛 那– 已经改变了很多 |
[18:49] | Why don’t you put him in some sort of facility, | 为什么不送他去那些看护中心呢? |
[18:54] | some place without a pool? | 没有泳池的地方 |
[18:59] | Yeah, I could dump him there, | 是啊 我可以把他扔在那儿 |
[19:02] | Yeah | 可是 |
[19:04] | except he’s my husband. | 他是我的丈夫 |
[19:06] | He’s my son’s father. | 是我儿子的父亲 |
[19:07] | Right. | 没错 |
[19:09] | Kids need a dad, | 孩子们需要爸爸 |
[19:10] | someone to play catch with, talk about girls. | 可以互相追着玩 可以一起讨论女孩 |
[19:13] | You know, Mark’s learning that you don’t have to abandon someone | Mark 已经明白了不需要抛弃别人– |
[19:16] | – just because… – Get a dog. | 养只小狗吧 |
[19:20] | I’m taking care of him for the same reason you helped us. | 我会好好照顾他的 正如你帮了我们 |
[19:23] | Because some guy shot you, and you hallucinated? | 有人朝你开枪了? 你也有幻觉? |
[19:27] | I have a responsibility. | 我有这个责任 |
[19:28] | So he’s just an anchor, weighing you and your family down, | 他是一个沉重的铁锚 会带着你和你家人一起往下坠 |
[19:31] | sapping your energy, wasting your life? That’s the meaning you take from this? | 消耗你的精力 浪费你的生命 那是你获得的生命意义 |
[19:35] | I want to take care of him. | 我想好好照顾他 |
[19:37] | You enjoy this? | 你乐在其中 |
[19:39] | I can’t abandon him. | 我不能抛弃他 |
[19:43] | So you don’t want to take care of him? | 所以你本不想照顾他 |
[19:46] | Taking care of him doesn’t fulfill you, make you happy, | 照顾他不能让你感到满足 让你开心 |
[19:50] | but not taking care of him would make you miserable? Hmm. | 但是不照顾他你会很痛苦 |
[20:05] | Okay, | 好了 |
[20:07] | here we go. | 我们走 |
[20:11] | Okay, slowly. | 好的 走慢点 |
[20:17] | I don’t need your help. I’ve done this a million times. | 我不需要你的帮助 我已经做过无数次了 |
[20:20] | Here, lie him like that. | 让他背朝下躺下 |
[20:26] | Do that again. | 再做一次 |
[20:28] | Make that sound. | 发出那个声音 |
[20:44] | What was that? | 那是什么? |
[20:46] | That | 那… |
[20:48] | was talking. | 是在说话 |
[20:56] | You guys are lousy doctors. | 你们这群无能的医生 |
[20:58] | You were in such a rush to make the patient feel better, you forgot to check what was wrong. | 一个个都忙着让病人好受点 却忘了查出到底是什么病因 |
[21:02] | Yoga girl walked out of here two hours ago. You fixed her. | 瑜珈女孩2小时前走着离开医院 你治好了她 |
[21:05] | – Not her. The other guy. | 不是她 是别人 |
[21:06] | – He had brain cancer. They removed it eight years ago. | 他患了脑瘤 8年前切除了 |
[21:09] | His condition’s been the same ever since. | 从那时起他的状况就一直这样 |
[21:11] | Until last night. He spoke. | 直到昨晚 他说话了 |
[21:14] | What’d he say? | 他说什么了? |
[21:19] | He grunted? | 他…只发出了咕噜声? |
[21:20] | You want us to dissect eight years of medical history with grunting in the differential? | 你要我们把8年来所有有咕噜症状 的病人仔细研究一遍? |
[21:24] | Sounds good. Call me when you’re done. | 看来不错 做好了叫我 |
[21:32] | You’re fabricating a mystery because you’re bored. | 你很无聊地捏造了一个秘密 |
[21:35] | I am not bored. | 我才不无聊呢 |
[21:39] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[21:40] | You didn’t tell the wife it was only a grunt? | 你不会告诉他妻子那只是个咕噜声吧? |
[21:42] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[21:44] | ‘Cause then she would never have consented to a bunch of dangerous tests. | 否则她就不会同意做一连串危险的检查了 |
[21:47] | I don’t remember you being this bitchy. | 你几时这么爱管闲事了 |
[21:49] | The Vicodin dulled it. In the sober light of day, I’m a buzz-kill. | 维柯丁(止痛药)让你行动迟钝 在白天清醒的光芒下 我是乐趣杀手 |
[21:52] | You’re giving false hope to a family that’s been wrecked. | 你给一个可怜的家庭虚假的希望 |
[21:55] | Don’t torture them. | 别再折磨他们了 |
[21:56] | Let it go. Tell the wife it was only a grunt. | 随他去吧 告诉他妻子那只是一声咕噜 让她回家 |
[22:00] | I pumped her up with too much false hope. | 要用多多虚假的希望把她拉上来 |
[22:07] | I stuck that primo! | 瞧 我做得多漂亮! |
[22:11] | How rad am I? | 我真是太出色了! |
[22:35] | 2002, patient had dry eyes. | 2002年 病人患了干眼症 |
[22:37] | Dry eyes plus a grunt. | 干眼症并发咕噜 |
[22:40] | – It all makes sense. | 都可能是病因 |
[22:42] | – Could be a neurological issue. | 也可能是神经问题 |
[22:43] | I get hay fever, I put drops in my eyes. I don’t go to a neurologist. | 我得花粉热 滴眼药水的时候 可不会去找神经科医生 |
[22:46] | Dry eyes could indicate an autonomic dysfunction. | 干眼症可能表明自主性神经官能障碍 |
[22:49] | It goes on the board. | 写到白板上 |
[22:50] | What about coughing | 会不会是咳嗽? |
[22:50] | or boogers? | 或者是鼻屎? 不应该把鼻屎也包括进来吗? |
[22:54] | I’d much rather do this than lengthen some guy’s tendon. | 比起延长某人的肌腱 我更愿意干这个 |
[22:57] | Patient’s headaches increased. | 病人的头痛更严重了 |
[22:59] | Doc scanned his head, found a tumor. | 医生扫描了他的头部 发现了一个肿瘤 |
[23:01] | – You like wasting your time? | 你喜欢浪费你的时间? |
[23:02] | – I’m learning. To do what? | – 我正在学 – 学了干什么? |
[23:04] | Reconsider solved cases because you don’t wanna deal with the real world? | 重新考虑已经解决的病例 因为你不想面对现实世界吗? |
[23:08] | He’s pushing where there’s nothing. | 他正在把我们推向死胡同 |
[23:09] | Cameron, you are an excellent doctor. | Cameron 你是一名杰出的医生 |
[23:11] | You’ll get lots of tearful thank-yous from grateful patients. | 会有许多感激涕零的病人向你泣谢 |
[23:14] | Yeah, aren’t I such a bitch for wanting that? | 我还没那么渴望感谢 |
[23:16] | No, it’s not a bad thing, but it’s not why I’m here. | 得了吧 那又不坏 不过这不是我为什么在这里的原因 |
[23:19] | I took this fellowship to learn from House. | 我得到了这个向 House 学习的机会 |
[23:21] | He’s teaching you to be a masochist. | 他在教你怎样成为一个受虐狂 |
[23:24] | Dry eyes goes on the board. | 把干眼症写上白板 |
[23:29] | In eight years, the patient experienced 214 symptoms, many of them repeated. | 在8年里 记录到214种症状 多种重复出现 |
[23:34] | Any patterns? | 有没有什么模式? |
[23:35] | Fever plus frequent urination could mean prostatitis. | 发热伴发尿频可能意味着前列腺炎 |
[23:39] | Or a urinary-tract infection. | 或者是尿道感染 |
[23:41] | White count was normal. No infection. | – 白细胞计数正常 – 无感染 |
[23:43] | If you add pain into the mix, fever, | 如果再加上疼痛 发热 |
[23:46] | frequent urination could indicate a kidney problem. | 尿频可能意味着肾有问题 |
[23:49] | I like it. | 我喜欢这个想法 |
[23:51] | No, creatinine and BUN were both normal. | 不会的 肌酐和尿素氮都很正常 |
[23:53] | Not the kidney part. The pain part. | 不是说肾 是说疼痛 |
[23:56] | Abdominal pain plus all that stuff could equal a pancreatic cyst. | 腹部疼痛加上那些症状可能就是胰腺囊肿 |
[23:59] | Perfect. You managed to pick the one symptom he never had, | 漂亮 你们成功找出了一个 他从没有过的症状 |
[24:02] | abdominal pain. | 腹部疼痛 |
[24:03] | It’s the first symptom on the board, “grunt.” | 那是白板上的第一个症状 咕噜 |
[24:05] | Grunting isn’t pathognomonic for abdominal pain. | 咕噜又不能确诊为腹部疼痛 |
[24:08] | No, | 不 |
[24:08] | the traditional diagnostic marker is compression of the diaphragm, | 传统的标志性症状是横膈膜的压缩 |
[24:12] | vibration of the larynx, leading to the audible sound, | 和喉部的震动 发出我们能听见的声音 |
[24:15] | “I have a pain in my abdomen.” | “我感到腹部好痛” |
[24:16] | Richard’s symptoms are culled from eight years of medical history. | Richard 的症状是从8年的 病例里面精选出来的 |
[24:19] | They’re not patterned. These are random, individual events over time. | 没有模式 这些只是8年间随机的 个体的病例 |
[24:23] | Illnesses have incubation periods. | 疾病有潜伏期 |
[24:25] | Do an upper endoscopic ultrasound. | 做个上呼吸道超声内镜检查 |
[24:27] | His throat will collapse. | 他的咽喉会被毁掉的 |
[24:28] | Muscle degeneration in his neck won’t tolerate the scope. | 他颈部肌肉退化 无法承受这种程度的检查 |
[24:31] | – It’s an automatic trach. | 那可是个自动软管 |
[24:32] | – You’re talking about him | 听你们说他好像是个残疾人 |
[24:35] | Does he drool? Can he hold his neck straight? | 他淌口水吗? 他能直起自己的脖子吗? |
[24:38] | Does he choke on his food? | 他吃东西时呛吗? |
[24:42] | His neck’s fine. His throat’s not gonna collapse. | 他脖子没问题 他的咽喉不会被毁掉的 |
[24:44] | Cameron, get consent from the wife. | Cameron 去征得他妻子的同意 |
[24:49] | Open. | 张嘴 |
[24:58] | I need you to swallow. | 我需要你做吞咽动作 |
[25:11] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[25:19] | Here we go. | 开始 |
[25:30] | We’re passing through the lower esophageal sphincter into the antrum of the stomach. | 经过食道括约肌到达胃腔 |
[25:37] | There’s the tail of the pancreas. | 胰腺的后部 |
[25:39] | Looks clean. | 没有病变 |
[25:40] | Moving medially. The body and the head of the pancreas look clean. | 向中间移动 胰腺的中部和头部也无病变 |
[25:44] | Get it out. Get it out. | 拿出来 |
[25:46] | It’s stuck. I can’t move it. | 卡住了 动不了 |
[25:47] | His throat’s collapsed. | 他喉咙塌陷了 |
[25:50] | His vitals are all over the place. We’re losing him. | 心跳呼吸都成问题 情况紧急 |
[25:54] | Cutting. | 切开 |
[25:58] | We trached him, endoscopically removed the probe, and he’s breathing again, | 插入导管 用内窥镜法移出了探针 他才恢复呼吸 |
[26:01] | so, all in all, great idea. | 总体来说 好主意 |
[26:04] | Get a look at the pancreas before the world ended? | 在世界末日前观察到胰腺了吗? |
[26:07] | It was clean. | 没有病变 |
[26:07] | Which means, barring anything else, meaning you, he can go home tomorrow. | 说明除非你阻拦 他明天就能出院 |
[26:11] | This man nearly died. How can you discharge him? | 他差点死了 怎么能放他走? |
[26:14] | His throat collapsed because of what we predicted. | 我们的预测导致他喉咙塌陷 |
[26:16] | You stick something down someone’s throat, they gag, spasm, | 戳喉咙 肌肉会收缩 这是痉挛 |
[26:19] | which he did. It took us a half an hour to get the thing out. | 他就是如此 用了半小时才取出探针 |
[26:22] | Except our patient’s throat was sedated, | 除非病人的喉咙被镇静了 |
[26:26] | which means the brain should have sent a signal not to do anything. | 大脑应该发送信号不做出反应 |
[26:30] | This could be cancer | 可能会是癌症 |
[26:32] | or some bizarre neuro-degeneration, – even a new type of vascular… | 或是异常的神经退化 甚至是新型– |
[26:35] | – Stop it. | 别说了 |
[26:37] | You’re enjoying this. | 你乐在其中 |
[26:39] | I find it interesting. | 我觉得有趣 |
[26:40] | It’s interesting only if you’re right. If you’re wrong, we’re torturing this guy to amuse you. | 你是对的 这才有趣 如果你错了 这么折磨他就只是取悦你 |
[26:47] | Half hour to remove the probe? | 半小时取出探针? |
[26:50] | House House. | |
[26:52] | It’s not a spasm. | 这不是痉挛 |
[26:55] | His throat didn’t collapse. It locked down. | 他的喉咙不是塌陷 而是紧锁了 |
[26:57] | The brain is supposed to tell every muscle in the body to relax and contract | 大脑协调身体的每块肌肉同时舒张或收缩 |
[27:01] | at the same time. This muscle was only contracting, which means the signal from the brain was not getting through. | 这块肌肉只是收缩 说明有一个大脑信号没有传送到 |
[27:04] | There are no lesions on his brain, nothing to interrupt any orders. | 他大脑没有损伤 不会干扰指令 |
[27:07] | All it takes is one wire down. | 一根电路坏损就能导致 |
[27:09] | You have no evidence of any wires down. | 没有证据哪根电路坏了 |
[27:10] | A few microtumors on the meninges, and suddenly you’re choking to death. | 脑膜中有微小肿瘤 瞬时就窒息而死 |
[27:15] | You want to look at the lining of his brain? | 你要查看他大脑皮层? |
[27:17] | The amount of contrast material you need to pump up there just to see… | 为了查看还得泵入大量造影剂– |
[27:21] | – He’ll bleed into his brain! | 他会脑出血 |
[27:22] | – No, he won’t. Because that wouldn’t be interesting. | – 不 他不会 – 那样就不好玩了 |
[27:26] | You can get permission this time. | 你自己去请求家属同意吧 |
[27:31] | The brain is enclosed in a sack called the meninges. | 大脑被嵌套在袋中 称作脑膜 |
[27:34] | Does this mean the cancer’s back? | 难道癌症复发了? |
[27:36] | – No. No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[27:37] | House – House. | |
[27:43] | If we found cancer, | 如果发现是癌症 |
[27:46] | it wouldn’t be the original cancer. It’d be new. | 也不是原先的 而是新的癌症 |
[27:49] | So, what, more surgery, more radiation. | 然后? 又是手术 化疗? |
[27:53] | Might not be the worst thing. | 情况也不至于最坏 |
[27:56] | If this isn’t just ancient history, then maybe it’s something we can correct. | 如果不是旧病 也许可以医治 |
[28:00] | Might even get some brain function back. | 甚至能挽救回一些大脑功能 |
[28:04] | He could get better? | 他会变好一点? |
[28:05] | No. | 不 |
[28:14] | But understanding what you’re saying will be nice. | 他若能听懂你说话 该多好 |
[28:17] | Maybe you could figure out ways to communicate. | 说不定你们能想办法交流 |
[28:22] | Thank God he spoke to you. | 幸好他对你说话了 |
[28:23] | Mrs. McNeil, | McneiL女士 |
[28:25] | the test to do this is very risky. | 检查风险很高 |
[28:28] | He could die. | 他会死 |
[28:33] | He’s already dead. | 他现在生不如死 |
[28:49] | Chase, go slow. | Chase 慢点 |
[28:51] | I’ve already injected it into his spinal canal. | 已经注入脊髓腔 |
[28:55] | Next stop, his brain. | 下一站 大脑 |
[29:02] | Contrast material entering into the fourth ventricle. | 造影剂进入第4脑室 |
[29:06] | No parenchymal bleeds. | 室壁无出血 |
[29:08] | Blood pressure’s high, but it’s holding. | 血压高 但能控制住 |
[29:11] | Meninges are intact. No bleeding. | 脑膜完整 无出血 |
[29:37] | Surgeon repaired the CSF leak. | 脑科的人在手术 |
[29:40] | You’re lucky he didn’t die. | 你很幸运 他没有死 |
[29:41] | I’m lucky? He’s the one who didn’t die. | 我幸运? 是他没死 |
[29:43] | We told you he’d hemorrhage. | 说过会有出血 |
[29:45] | You told me he’d bleed into his brain, not out of his ear. | 你们说他会脑出血 不是耳出血 |
[29:47] | You’ve got to drop this. | 你得停止 |
[29:49] | We’re missing something. | 错过了什么 |
[29:51] | We did a dangerous test, and something bad happened. | 做了危险的检查 造成了损伤 |
[29:54] | That’s all this is. | 如此而已 |
[29:56] | Give me a tour of the brain, Foreman. | 带我漫游他的脑子 Foreman |
[29:59] | Walk me through the scans. 1998, what happened? | 从头游览这些扫描图 1998年 |
[30:07] | Nothing. | 不是这个 |
[30:08] | Next? The speck on the superior temporal region. | 下一个 颞上部的斑点 |
[30:12] | It’s a re-growth, benign. | 重新生长出的 良性 |
[30:14] | The star thingy next to the Rathke cleft? | 旁边的星状 |
[30:16] | Scar tissue from a biopsy. | 活检造成的疤痕组织 |
[30:17] | House, every speck is not a suspect. It’s years of surgeons digging around in his head. | House 没有什么斑点可疑 是外科医生挖掘他的头 |
[30:22] | Let him go. | 让他走吧 |
[30:24] | Redo every blood test he’s ever had. | 重新做血液检查 |
[30:26] | Rescan his head. | 再次扫描他的头 |
[30:28] | No. | 不 |
[30:32] | He’s been suffering for eight years. I’m not gonna help you make it worse. | 他已经受伤病折磨了8年 我不会帮你作孽 |
[30:34] | I’m not gonna help you make it interesting. | 不会帮你寻乐子 |
[30:37] | That’s okay. Foreman’s better at that stuff than you are. | 没事 Foreman对这比你在行 |
[30:40] | We need five-millimeter cuts through the occipital and hypothalamic regions. | 在他枕骨和下丘脑处切开5毫米 |
[30:45] | No. | 不 |
[30:55] | How many millimeters? | 几毫米? |
[31:00] | I can help him. | 我能帮他 |
[31:02] | That’s it? That’s your argument? | 如此而已? 这就是你的论据? |
[31:05] | It seems like a good one. | 很充分 |
[31:06] | If I thought for a second you wanted to help him, you’d have carte blanche. | 只要我稍微思考你是想帮他 你得取得全权委托书 |
[31:09] | You’re doing this because it’s fun. | 你这么做是为了好玩 |
[31:11] | Does nobody in this hospital have anything better to talk about than my motives? | 这医院里的人除了我的动机 就没别的好谈论了? |
[31:15] | My motives have nothing to do with the case. | 我的动机和案例没关系 |
[31:16] | Your motives have everything to do with your judgment. | 你的动机和判断息息相关 |
[31:18] | For the first time in years, I got no opiates in my body. | 这么多年来第一次 我体内没有了鸦片 |
[31:21] | Now you question my judgment? | 你质疑我的判断 |
[31:22] | Twenty-four times a year, you come storming into my office, spouting that you can help someone, | 一年有24次 你闯进我办公室 叫嚣着要帮谁 |
[31:26] | only you never say those words. | 可是你从来不这么说 |
[31:28] | You say something like, | 你会嚷嚷诸如 |
[31:30] | “His pancreas is gonna explode because his brain is on fire.” | “他的胰腺要爆炸了 因为大脑着了火” |
[31:34] | You come here with medicine, not with platitudes. | 你基于医学理由 而不是泛泛而谈 |
[31:37] | I didn’t wanna bore you with the details. | 我不想说细节 惹你乏味 |
[31:39] | There are no details. | 根本没有细节 |
[31:40] | You have a hunch. | 你只有个直觉 |
[31:42] | House, you don’t use hunches. | House 你不依靠直觉 |
[31:45] | You always have reasons. | 你总是有理由的 |
[31:47] | This hospital doesn’t exist for your whims. I’m sorry. | 医院不是因你的突发奇想而生存 很抱歉 |
[31:52] | As of 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, I’m sending your patient home. | 明早7点 就让你的病人出院 |
[32:03] | The answer’s no. | 回答是不 |
[32:04] | Cuddy called 30 seconds after you left and said you’d try an end-around. | Cuddy在你离开后30秒就打电话来 说你钻牛角尖 |
[32:23] | My leg hurt. | 我的腿疼了 |
[32:28] | How bad? | 厉害吗? |
[32:29] | Enough that I’m telling you. | 疼到我对你说 |
[32:31] | Did it go away? | 消失了吗? |
[32:34] | Ached for a while. | 疼了一小会 |
[32:37] | First time I’ve felt anything there since the surgery. | 手术后 那里第一次有感觉 |
[32:41] | But it went away? | 但是消失了 |
[32:45] | It was muscular. There was some cramping. | 肌肉痛 有些抽筋 |
[32:50] | What are you smiling about? | 你笑什么? |
[32:54] | You’re 40-something years old. You’ve been running God knows how many miles a day, | 你40老几了 天知道你一天跑了几英里 |
[32:57] | fallen a hundred times off that skateboard, and you’re shocked to have some soreness? | 从滑板上摔下100次 有疼痛你居然会震惊 |
[33:01] | Just give me a prescription. | 给我开个处方 |
[33:03] | For Vicodin? | 维柯丁? |
[33:04] | House, people get aching joints, cramps. They put on an ice pack. They take some ibuprofen. | House 一般人关节痛或是抽筋 就敷个冰袋 或吃布洛芬 |
[33:09] | I know what the pangs of middle age feel like. | 我知道中年的疼痛怎么回事 |
[33:11] | No, you don’t | 不 你不知道 |
[33:13] | because you’ve been stuffing Vicodin every five minutes since you turned middle-aged. | 自从中年起 你每隔5分钟就吞一次止疼药 |
[33:16] | The surgery didn’t work. | 手术没起作用 |
[33:17] | Don’t play me. | 不要戏弄我 |
[33:19] | You think this is a scam? | 哦 你以为我耍诡计? |
[33:21] | I think you want me to feel sorry for you and either do the end-around on Cuddy or give you the drugs. | 我认为你想博取我的同情 帮你说服Cuddy或是给你药 |
[33:29] | Either way, you get the high you think you need. | 哪一样 都让你飘飘欲仙 |
[33:37] | House, your surgery worked. You’re fine. | House 手术起作用了 你没事 |
[33:40] | It’s just gonna take time for it to feel good. | 只是要花点时间好起来 |
[35:15] | Circumventricular system senses cytokines released in the early stages of the immune response, | 室周系统感受到免疫反应 早期阶段释放出的细胞因子 |
[35:21] | but CVOS releases prostaglandins that reset the hypothalamic set point upward | 但神经核团释放出的前列腺素 上调了下丘脑体温控制点 |
[35:25] | unless it’s countered by antipyretic therapy, | 除非用退烧药来治疗 |
[35:28] | so, yeah, his brain is on fire. | 是的 他脑子着火了 |
[35:30] | The suicide attempt was not a suicide attempt. | 试图自杀并不是自杀 |
[35:33] | He drove that wheelchair into the pool because he couldn’t regulate his body temperature. | 他把轮椅开进泳池 因为不能控制体温 |
[35:37] | He had a hypothalamic dysregulation. | 他得了下丘脑功能失调 |
[35:40] | And you discovered this | 你发现了这… |
[35:41] | when you stepped into | 当你步入 |
[35:44] | the university pool? | 大学的泳池? |
[35:46] | Fountain. | 喷泉 |
[35:48] | I can cure him. Cure him! | – 我能治好他 – 治好他 |
[35:50] | Even if the fountain proved anything, fixing hypothalamic dysregulation isn’t gonna regenerate brain. | 就算喷泉给出了指示 治疗下丘脑调节紊乱也不能让大脑重启 |
[35:55] | No, but if the scar tissue on his hypothalamus | 不能 除非他下丘脑的疤痕组织 |
[35:57] | is resting against the pituitary, the adrenals would shut down. | 挤压了垂体 关闭了肾上腺 |
[36:01] | Addison’s disease. | 阿狄森氏病 |
[36:02] | You didn’t see any scar tissue on his MRI, his CT scans… | 从MRI你没看到任何疤痕组织 他的CT检测– |
[36:05] | – His brain is functional. – His temperature’s normal. | – 他的大脑还有功能 – 他的体温正常 |
[36:07] | There is nothing wrong with his hypothalamus or his pituitary! | 他的下丘脑和垂体都没问题 |
[36:10] | I can make him walk. I can make him talk. | 我能让他走路 让他说话 |
[36:12] | This is a wild guess that came to you because you were sweating. | 你一身臭汗 所以才能冒出这样的瞎猜 |
[36:16] | Inject him with cortisol. | 注射可的松 |
[36:18] | The guy will have sex with his wife again. He’ll hug his kid again. | 这个人可以再次跟妻子欢好 再次拥抱儿子 |
[36:23] | Hopefully, that’s the combination he was using. | 但愿他是用这种组合 |
[36:25] | It’d be a shame if I had cured a pedophile. | 否则我就救了一个恋童癖 |
[36:29] | You’re smiling. That’s a bad sign. | 你在微笑 不是好兆头 |
[36:31] | You’re high. | 你吃药了 |
[36:32] | I told you, I haven’t had anything in three months. | 我说了过去3个月我都没沾药 |
[36:35] | This is as high as you get, | 你一兴奋就这样 |
[36:37] | a theory that ties your case up in a neat little bow, | 你把病例用一个无根据的理论包装 |
[36:40] | but you don’t have a lick of substantiating proof. | 却拿不出一点证据 |
[36:46] | Your decision doesn’t make any sense. | 你的决定不合理 |
[36:48] | There is no risk to a cortisol injection. If I’m wrong, big deal. | 注射可的松没有风险 就算我错了 有什么大不了 |
[36:53] | He goes home a vegetable like he already is, but if I’m right… | 他像往常一样 作为一个植物人回家 但如果我是对的 |
[36:55] | This is not about downsides or risk management. | 这不是好与坏的风险权衡 |
[36:59] | It is a big deal for you to understand the word “No.” | 重要的是让你懂得 如何接受”不”这个词 |
[37:05] | I’m sorry, House. | 对不起 House |
[37:31] | He’s on his way out of here. | 他要出院了 |
[37:34] | I figured you’d be on your scooter, racing down the halls to stab the patient in the neck with cortisol. | 我以为你会窜下楼去 在他脖子上扎一针可的松 |
[37:40] | She was right to say no. | 她说”不”是对的 |
[37:44] | I had no objective reason to think that I was right. | 我自认为正确的 其实没有客观理由 |
[37:49] | Just needed the puzzle. | 只是解谜 |
[38:05] | Hold on a sec. | 稍等 |
[38:07] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧? |
[38:10] | Yeah, it’s just something I forgot. | 我忘了一点事情 |
[38:25] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[38:27] | This is cortisol, | 可的松 |
[38:30] | and it’s to fight infection. | 抗感染 |
[38:34] | Want to hold onto that? | 帮我压一下 |
[38:37] | Let’s put a bandage on it. | 贴一块纱布 |
[38:57] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧? |
[39:03] | Yes. | 没事 |
[39:04] | Can we go now? | 我们能走了吗? |
[39:05] | You can go. | 可以走了 |
[39:17] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[39:46] | Richard. Richard. Richard. Richard. | |
[39:53] | Dad, you okay? | 爸 你没事吧 |
[40:04] | Richard? Richard? | |
[40:06] | Richard! Richard! Richard! Richard! | |
[40:09] | Richard! Richard! | |
[40:12] | Richard! Richard. | |
[40:22] | Richard. Richard, | |
[40:24] | you’re standing. | 你站起来了 |
[40:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:03] | He got up. | 他站起来了 |
[41:05] | I have to go tell House. | – 我得告诉House – 不 |
[41:08] | Cuddy. No. Cuddy, | |
[41:10] | you can’t tell him. | 不能告诉他 |
[41:11] | I have to tell him. He was right. | 当然要说 他是对的 |
[41:13] | Why did you do it? | 为什么这么做? |
[41:14] | Why did you think he might be right? | 为什么你觉得他有可能对? |
[41:17] | Because he’s House. | 因为他是House |
[41:18] | Medically, what made you think he was right? | 医学角度 你根据什么判断他是对的 |
[41:22] | Nothing. | – 没根据 – 他运气好 |
[41:24] | He got lucky. That’s all that happened. | 只能从运气解释 |
[41:26] | Telling him no was a good thing | 跟他说”不”对他是好事 |
[41:28] | because next time, he won’t get lucky. He’ll kill someone. | 因为下次 他不会这么好运 他会杀死某人 |
[41:33] | Just because he was right doesn’t mean he wasn’t wrong. | 他对了 并不表明他没错 |
[41:44] | I see him every day. | 我每天都见他 |
[41:46] | I can’t just… | 不能就这么… |
[41:48] | Everybody lies. | 所有人都在说谎 |