时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | This election day, | 今天是投票日 |
[00:09] | the fate of our borders is in your hands. | 我们边界的命运掌握在你的手中 |
[00:15] | John Moreno wants to invite | 约翰·莫尔诺打算邀请 |
[00:17] | illegal immigrants into our country. | 非法移民进入我们的国家 |
[00:20] | He wants to give them our jobs. | 他要把我们的工作机会让给他们 |
[00:23] | He wants to give them our healthcare. | 让他们享受我们的医保福利 |
[00:26] | John Moreno wants to give them the American dream, | 约翰·莫尔诺想圆了他们的美国梦 |
[00:30] | and he wants you to pay for it. | 但他想让你为这一切买单 |
[00:37] | John Moreno | 约翰·莫尔诺 |
[00:38] | Whose side is he really on? | 他究竟站在哪一边 |
[00:41] | Whose side is he really on? | 他究竟站在哪一边 |
[00:43] | It’s a valid question. | 这个问题很重要 |
[00:44] | He favors easing restrictions. | 他喜欢放宽政策 |
[00:45] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[00:48] | Come on, Hal. | 得了 哈尔 |
[00:49] | Your position on work visas is irrelevant. | 这和你对发放工作签证的立场没关系 |
[00:51] | He’s talking about a path to citizenship. | 他所讲的是获取绿卡的问题 |
[00:53] | I’m telling you, this AD wins you the election. | 我告诉你 这条广告会为你赢得选票 |
[00:56] | By insulting one of my core constituencies. | 却侮辱了一位我的主赞助商 |
[00:59] | Come on, in ’04 | 想想吧 在04年的时候 |
[01:00] | I had 45% of the latino vote. | 我曾拥有45%拉丁裔的选票 |
[01:02] | And this year you’re running against a guy named Moreno. | 而今年你遇上了与一个叫”莫尔诺”的家伙 |
[01:05] | This isn’t one of your races | 这里可不是你的地盘 |
[01:06] | in South Carolina or Oklahoma, Joe. | 不是南卡罗来纳或是俄克拉荷马州 乔 |
[01:08] | This is New Jersey– people vote for me | 这里可是新泽西 人们投我票 |
[01:09] | – because I’m a moderate. – Well, that’s great. | -是因为我是温和派的 -那敢情好啊 |
[01:11] | You can be the most moderate ex-senator in the country. | 你会成为国内最温和的前参议员 |
[01:14] | Hal, the election is seven days away, | 哈尔 距投票日还剩七天了 |
[01:18] | and even our own internals show | 就连我们自己的内部统计都显示 |
[01:20] | you down six points. | 你落后了6个点 |
[01:21] | We’ve always been the underdog. | 我们总是不被看好 |
[01:23] | And we’ve always found a way to win. I know. | 但我们也总会找到办法获胜 我坚信 |
[01:25] | Because you have always let me do what’s needed to be done. | 那是因为你总是让我做那些必须要做的 |
[01:27] | Now, I can have this on the air tomorrow. | 我要在明天播这条广告 |
[01:34] | No, no. | 不 不行 |
[01:35] | Come on, Hal, let me do this! | 别这样 哈尔 让我播吧 |
[01:37] | No, absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[01:37] | This could totally galvanize the left. | 这会彻底地刺激左翼分子 |
[01:41] | You all right, Joe? | 你没事吧 乔 |
[01:42] | Yeah, I think I got some kind of a rash. | 我好像出皮疹了 |
[01:45] | What the hell? That’s not a rash. | 什么鬼东西 那可不是皮疹 |
[01:47] | Maybe I should call a doctor. | 或许我应该去看医生 |
[01:50] | You better call an ambulance. | 你最好叫辆救护车 |
[02:26] | Look at it like this… | 看看吧… |
[02:27] | Of all the ways to rupture it, | 所有的骨折方式中 |
[02:29] | nothing honors the real Achilles more | 没有比让真正的阿喀琉斯从小桶上 |
[02:31] | than blowing the dismount on a keg stand. | 滚下来摔骨折更荣耀的了 |
[02:34] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道 |
[02:37] | Is it onions? Peppers? | 洋葱吗 还是胡椒 |
[02:39] | Oh, I know… It’s a Sausage Fest. | 我知道了 是男士聚会 |
[02:42] | Sausage Fest implies multiples. | 男士聚会有很多种 |
[02:45] | Now, if you’re talking about yardage, | 如果你是说球赛 |
[02:46] | I’d have to agree. | 我再同意不过了 |
[02:47] | I’m talking about your department. | 我在说你的部门成员 |
[02:49] | You still haven’t replaced thirteen. | 你还没有找到人代替13的位置 |
[02:51] | It’s coming along. | 很快就有了 |
[02:52] | You’ve had plenty of time to find someone. | 你找人时间够多了 |
[02:54] | I’ve found plenty of someones. Just haven’t kept them. | 我也找了很多的人 只是一个都没留下 |
[02:56] | It’s time to end the cycle. | 别玩了 该结束了 |
[02:58] | Meet your new team member. | 来见见你们的新队友 |
[02:59] | Her name is Martha.M.Masters. | 她叫玛莎·M·马斯特斯 |
[03:03] | This doctor is not a doctor. | 这位医生还没毕业 |
[03:05] | She’s a third-year med student. | 她是个三年级的医科生 |
[03:07] | She graduated high school when she was 15. | 她15岁就高中毕业了 |
[03:09] | She filled out the time before med school getting Phds | 她在进医学院之前 |
[03:11] | in both applied math and art history. | 攻读了应用数学和艺术史博士学位来打发时间 |
[03:13] | She’ll be incredibly useful | 如果我下一个病人是一幅埃舍尔[错觉图形艺术家] |
[03:14] | if my next patient is an Escher drawing. | 的画作 她一定能帮上大忙 |
[03:17] | Those things are seriously screwed up. | 这些真是扯淡 |
[03:18] | This isn’t a suggestion. | 这不是建议 |
[03:20] | Just because my sausage has been filling your bun | 不要以为我和你做过小爱爱 |
[03:23] | doesn’t mean you get to decide | 就意味着你可以决定 |
[03:24] | what flavor chips I nosh on during the day. | 白天我吃什么味的薯条 |
[03:28] | Nope, I get to do that because I’m your boss. | 不是 我可以决定是因为我是你老板 |
[03:35] | Patient is Joe Dugan, 42, political consultant. | 患者名叫乔·杜根 42岁 政治顾问 |
[03:39] | Presents with palpable purpura, | 因皮肤隆起性紫癜入院 |
[03:41] | and ALT and AST are through the roof. | ALT[谷丙转氨酶]和AST[谷草转氨酶]骤升 |
[03:43] | Otherwise known as rash and liver damage. Fascinating. | 也就是皮疹和肝脏损伤 太吸引人了 |
[03:46] | Senator Anderson sent this case to us, | 病人是安德森参议员送过来的Senator |
[03:48] | and personally requested we take a look. | 亲自打招呼叫我们看一下 |
[03:50] | That’s reason enough for me. | 这对我来说是充足的理由了 |
[03:51] | Black guy campaigning for the opposition? | 黑小子为反对党助选吗 |
[03:54] | Does Obama know about this? | 奥巴马知道这件事吗 |
[03:55] | I tried calling him on the brother hotline. | 我试过给他打兄弟热线 |
[03:57] | He didn’t pick up. | 他没接 |
[04:06] | Martha.M.Masters. | 玛莎·M·马斯特斯 |
[04:08] | I’m Dr. House. | 我是豪斯医生 |
[04:10] | This is the rest of the team. | 这是其他的组员 |
[04:11] | Boring, Bimbo, | 这是”无聊” “蠢妞” |
[04:13] | and Bite-size. | 还有”一口大” |
[04:14] | Martha enjoys quadratic equations, | 玛莎很喜欢一元二次方程 |
[04:16] | Italian frescoes, and her turn-ons include | 意大利壁画还有其他刺激的事 |
[04:18] | learning to be a doctor. | 比如学着当大夫 |
[04:21] | Take a seat. | 坐吧 |
[04:22] | She’s a med student? | 她是个医学院学生吗 |
[04:24] | Cuddy thinks she’s some kind of genius. | 卡迪认为她很有天赋 |
[04:26] | Say something brilliant. | 来点有创意的吧 |
[04:30] | Oh, I…I don’t… | 我…我不… |
[04:31] | – Capital of Azerbaijan? – Baku. | -阿塞拜疆的首都是哪儿 -巴库 |
[04:33] | – Year Beethoven died? – 1827. | -贝多芬哪年死的 -1827年 |
[04:36] | – 20th decimal of Euler’s number? – Six. | -尤拉方程的第20位小数是 -6 |
[04:41] | It’s my favorite constant. | 这是我最爱的常数 |
[04:43] | She’s like the internet with breasts. | 她像个带咪咪的百度 |
[04:45] | Oh, no, wait– the internet has breasts. | 不 等等 应该是长了咪咪的百度 |
[04:47] | Our patient’s liver damage | 我们的病人有肝损伤 |
[04:48] | explains the rash and cryoglobulins | 可以解释皮疹和血液中 |
[04:50] | we found in his blood, | 出现的冷球蛋白 |
[04:51] | But we can’t explain the liver damage. | 但是我们搞不清肝脏损伤的原因 |
[04:52] | Shows no other signs of drug or alcohol abuse. | 没有证据表明患者有药物或酒精滥用 |
[04:54] | Now all we’ve gotta do is figure out which one is Bimbo | 我们现在要做的就是分出谁是”蠢妞” |
[04:57] | and which one is Bite-size. | 谁是”一口大” |
[04:58] | Also, which monster truck won | 还有就是哪辆怪物卡车赢了 |
[05:00] | the 2004 Thunder Nationals? | 2004年度的雷霆全国赛 |
[05:03] | Hep C makes sense. | 丙型肝炎解释得通 |
[05:05] | Test came back negative. Same for Hep A and B. | 检测结果阴性 症状和甲肝乙肝相同 |
[05:07] | The answer we were looking for is Virginia Giant. | 我们要找的答案就是弗吉尼亚巨人 |
[05:10] | Feel free to chime in on either conversation. | 你随便参加哪一组讨论都行 |
[05:14] | Hate to steal the spotlight from small wonder over here, | 我不想夺走我们的小奇迹说话的机会 |
[05:18] | but what about toxic exposure? | 但也有可能是中毒 |
[05:19] | Tetrachloroethylene. | 可能是四氯乙烯 |
[05:20] | Could even be pennyroyal or sassafras oil. | 甚至是薄荷油或黄樟油 |
[05:23] | Go to his house, get me some chemicals. | 去他家看看 找出化学品 |
[05:27] | You wanna stay on this team, | 如果你想在这个团队呆下去 |
[05:30] | have an opinion. | 就要发表意见 |
[05:39] | Oh, cool! | 酷 |
[05:41] | Tudor revival architecture. | 都铎复兴式的建筑 |
[05:43] | Steeply pitched, asymmetrical roof over the entrance. | 入口上方是不对称的尖顶 |
[05:46] | But it doesn’t have the half timbering over the facade. | 但是外墙并没有用半木质机构 |
[05:49] | Doesn’t say anything about medicine, | 一点医学有关的都没说 |
[05:50] | can’t shut up about architecture. Great. | 说起建筑倒是滔滔不绝 很好 |
[05:53] | I know. I don’t know what happened. | 我明白 我不知道为什么 |
[05:54] | Being around House… | 一靠近豪斯… |
[05:56] | He’s such a legend, he’s so intimidating. | 他就是个传说 他太有威严了 |
[05:59] | I’m not like that around ordinary people. | 我不喜欢跟泛泛之辈混在一起 |
[06:03] | Uh, not that you guys are ordinary. | 我不是说你们是泛泛之辈 |
[06:06] | It’s just that he’s so brilliant | 只是他太睿智了 |
[06:07] | and you work under him, so you’re not as imposing. | 你们在他手下干 你们就没那么耀眼了 |
[06:10] | Um… I’m gonna be quiet. | 我该闭嘴了 |
[06:12] | Good idea. | 很明智 |
[06:16] | Dugan didn’t give you a key? | 杜根没给你们钥匙吗 |
[06:17] | If patients know we’re coming, | 如果病人知道我们要来 |
[06:19] | they can hide something relevant to their illness | 他们就会有意无意地把有关疾病的 |
[06:21] | intentionally or unintentionally. | 东西藏起来 |
[06:23] | Their knowledge changes things. | 让他们知道会影响调查 |
[06:38] | Are you a vampire? | 你是吸血鬼吗 |
[06:40] | It’s okay. We’re inviting you in. | 没关系 我们邀请你进来 |
[06:42] | But our patient didn’t. | 但是我们的病人不会 |
[06:44] | I can’t do this, I’m sorry. | 我不能这样做 对不起 |
[06:52] | Well, she’s gonna be a big help. | 很好 她真是帮大忙了 |
[06:54] | Yeah, what a rube being uncomfortable | 闯进陌生人的房子 |
[06:56] | breaking into a stranger’s house. | 是件多么鲁莽的事啊 |
[06:58] | Part of our job description, | 这就是我们工作一部分 |
[06:59] | not the most morally ambiguous part. | 还不算是道德最模糊的部分 |
[07:01] | Give her a chance. | 给她个机会吧 |
[07:02] | She’s fresh, enthusiastic, | 她年轻又有激情 |
[07:04] | has no bad habits we need to reteach. | 没有不良习惯 不用纠正 |
[07:06] | She’s a med student with no practical experience. | 她是个没有临床经验的医学生 |
[07:09] | That means every procedure, every blood draw, | 意味着每项操作 每次抽血 |
[07:11] | she needs one of us there to supervise. | 她都需要我们其中一个看着 |
[07:13] | Is this attitude about her | 你这样看她是不是 |
[07:14] | not having an M.D. After her name? | 因为她还没有获得医学博士学位 |
[07:16] | Because I wonder if it has more to do | 因为我想知道她能做点什么 |
[07:17] | with her being a brainiac. | 证明她是个小超人 |
[07:18] | That’s not it at all. | 根本不是那么回事 |
[07:19] | I’m not thrilled someone else | 谁是最聪明的人 |
[07:20] | might be the smartest person on the team now. | 我一点也不感冒 |
[07:22] | I can only imagine how you feel. | 我能体会你的感受 |
[07:24] | You’re not smarter than me. | 你不比我聪明 |
[07:26] | Oh, yeah? You find this? | 是吗 你找到这个了吗 |
[07:30] | A jug of unpasteurized cider. | 一壶未经高温灭菌的苹果汁 |
[07:32] | It could be tainted with E coli, | 可能沾染了大肠杆菌 |
[07:33] | and that’s what’s causing the liver to shut down. | 大肠杆菌会引起肝脏损害 |
[07:35] | E coli is found in animals. | 大肠杆菌只在动物中传播 |
[07:37] | So unless he’s drinking pork cider… | 除非他喝了猪肉苹果汁… |
[07:39] | Pork cider! | 猪肉苹果汁 |
[07:41] | I need the number of the patent office. | 我需要专利局的电话 |
[07:43] | There are indirect ways of attracting E coli. | 大肠杆菌可以通过间接方式感染 |
[07:45] | Masters refused to go on the search with us. | 马斯特斯拒绝和我们入室搜寻 |
[07:47] | Interesting. Which raises the question, | 有意思 谁挑起的这个问题 |
[07:50] | what is your problem with her? | 你和她之间怎么了 |
[07:51] | He is intimidated by her intelligence. | 他被她的高智商给吓着了 |
[07:54] | Why would that bother Taub? | 这有什么好让陶博烦恼的 |
[07:55] | He’s been working with people smarter | 他已经和比他更聪明的人 |
[07:56] | than him for a long time. | 一起工作很久了 |
[07:58] | I think perky new girl | 我觉得是一个神气的小女孩 |
[07:59] | makes him feel old. | 让他觉得自己老了 |
[08:01] | She’s basically the same age as thirteen. | 她基本上和13岁的小女孩没差 |
[08:03] | Yeah, but she’s a student. | 是的 但她是个医学院学生 |
[08:04] | Makes you contemplate your med school days. | 让你回想起你自己的学生生涯 |
[08:06] | Back when you had hair, muscle tone, | 那时你还没谢顶 肌肉发达 |
[08:08] | and no need for a regular prostate exam. | 也不需要定期做前列腺检查 |
[08:10] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[08:11] | Just like E coli. | 就像大肠杆菌 |
[08:13] | Orchards make cider out of apples | 果园将卖不出去的苹果 |
[08:14] | they can’t sell otherwise, | 榨成汁 |
[08:15] | like if they’ve fallen onto the ground. | 比如那些掉到地上 摔坏了的 |
[08:17] | Like, into some cow feces. | 或是掉进牛粪里的 |
[08:20] | Which would mean our esteemed patient | 也就是说 我们受人尊敬的病人 |
[08:22] | is literally full of B.S. | 的确是满嘴大粪啊 |
[08:25] | Cool. Go get the ingenue, | 酷 带上那个天真少女 |
[08:27] | start the patient on Aztreonam and plasmapheresis. | 给病人用噻肟单酰胺菌素并做血浆置换 |
[08:32] | He said to start the patient on Aztre… | 他说要给病人用噻肟… |
[08:37] | The cell sorter separates the plasma | 细胞分选仪将血浆 |
[08:40] | from the remaining cellular components, | 和血细胞分离开 |
[08:41] | thereby removing… | 这样可以排除… |
[08:42] | The toxins, antibodies, cryoglobulins. | 毒素 抗体 冷凝球蛋白 |
[08:45] | I think we should tell our patient | 我觉得我们应该告诉病人 |
[08:46] | about breaking into his house. | 我们闯入过他家 |
[08:48] | Why would we do that? | 为什么 |
[08:49] | Because the reason not to tell him | 因为不告诉他的原因是 |
[08:50] | was that he might hide something. | 怕他隐藏些什么东西 |
[08:52] | And now that rationale is moot. | 而现在这个理论已经没用了 |
[08:54] | The rationale now | 现在的理论 |
[08:55] | is no upside, big downside. | 是没有好处 只有坏处 |
[08:58] | How can we ask our patients to trust us | 我们怎么能让病人相信我们 |
[09:00] | if we’re not honest with them? | 如果我们对他们不诚实? |
[09:01] | How can we ask the patient to trust us | 我们怎么能在告诉他不能相信我们之后 |
[09:03] | after we tell him he can’t trust us? | 重建他对我们的信任 |
[09:06] | Fine. Tell him. | 好吧 去告诉他 |
[09:09] | Clear your conscience, | 让你的良心好受点 |
[09:10] | because that’s what’s important. | 因为那很重要 |
[09:15] | Well, if you would let me run that AD, | 如果你让我把那条广告播出去的话 |
[09:16] | everybody would be talking about immigration instead. | 人们会转移目标去讨论移民问题 |
[09:19] | All right, look, here’s what we’re gonna say. | 没错 这就是我们要谈的 |
[09:21] | Yeah, he was in Iraq, | 没错 他去过伊拉克 |
[09:22] | and we’re all grateful for his sacrifice. | 我们都为他的奉献感激不已 |
[09:24] | You chose to honor your country through public service | 而你选择投身公共事业为国家贡献力量 |
[09:26] | and have voted 46 times to expand the pentagon’s budget | 而且投过46次票 建议扩大五角大楼的 |
[09:30] | for programs which, oh, by the way, Moreno wants to cut. | 工程预算 而莫尔诺则持相反意见 |
[09:33] | All right. I’ll draft it up, send it over. | 好的 我起草个文件发给你 |
[09:37] | You should probably slow down | 在你出院前 |
[09:38] | until you’re out of the hospital. | 你应该放慢工作 |
[09:40] | It’s a busy week. | 这周很忙 |
[09:48] | Aren’t you curious how we came up with this diagnosis? | 你不好奇我们是怎么做出这个诊断结果的吗 |
[09:51] | You’re doctors. Isn’t that your job? | 你们是医生 你们的职责不是如此吗 |
[09:52] | But how we knew you were drinking apple cider? | 但我们怎么知道你喝过苹果汁呢 |
[09:54] | Well, you had to have found that at my house, | 你们从我家里找到的 |
[09:56] | so I guess you guys broke in there. | 所以我猜你们闯入过我家了 |
[10:02] | That doesn’t bother you? | 你没有因此不安吗 |
[10:03] | Medicine’s like politics. | 医学就像政治 |
[10:04] | At the end of the day, all that matters is results. | 最终要的是结果 |
[10:07] | That’s not true. | 不对 |
[10:08] | Respect matters. | 还应该有尊重 |
[10:09] | Honesty | 诚实 |
[10:11] | and integrity matter. | 和廉正 |
[10:12] | Have you ever thought about running for public office? | 你想过从政吗 |
[10:15] | Because I would love to have someone like you | 因为我太喜欢有你 |
[10:18] | as an opponent. | 这样的对手了 |
[10:21] | Watch the replacement fluid line. | 小心别动了输液管 |
[10:22] | Oh, right, sorry. | 好的 对不起 |
[10:23] | You ever wonder why American voter | 你难道没好奇过为什么 |
[10:26] | turnout rates are among the lowest | 在发达国家里 美国选民 |
[10:27] | in the developed world? | 的投票率最低吗 |
[10:33] | Mr. Dugan? | 杜根先生 |
[10:34] | Mr. Dugan? | 杜根先生 |
[10:36] | What’s wrong? Can you hear me? | 怎么了 能听到我说话吗 |
[10:42] | He’s paralyzed. | 他麻痹了 |
[10:43] | Call Foreman and Chase, get them down here. | 叫福曼和奇斯来 |
[10:46] | Mr. Dugan! | 杜根先生 |
[10:51] | We thinks it’s a transient ischemic attack. | 我们认为是短暂缺血性休克 |
[10:54] | The clot must have broken up before we could find it. | 可能在我们找到凝块前 凝块就消了 |
[10:56] | He was temporarily paralyzed, | 他是临时性麻痹 |
[10:57] | but he’s regaining mobility and speech. | 但他会恢复行动和讲话能力的 |
[10:59] | So, what causes rash, | 那么 是什么引起皮疹 |
[11:00] | liver failure, clots, | 肝功能衰竭 凝块 |
[11:02] | and the uncontrollable urge | 还有想逃避开同事 |
[11:04] | to rat out your coworkers? | 不可遏制的欲望 |
[11:06] | Oh, no, wait… | 不 等等… |
[11:07] | That last one was you, not the patient. | 最后一点是说你 不是说病人 |
[11:10] | I wasn’t trying to rat. | 我没想临阵脱逃 |
[11:11] | I was clearly trying to honor my ethical obligation. | 我只想忠于我的职业道德 |
[11:15] | Portal vein thrombosis | 门静脉血栓 |
[11:17] | could be caused by Wilson’s disease. | 可能是威尔逊氏病引起的 |
[11:23] | You popped your cherry, | 终于开口了 |
[11:24] | diagnostically speaking. | 从诊断上讲 |
[11:26] | Unfortunately, the first time always sucks. | 不幸的是 第一次总是很糟糕 |
[11:28] | Pitch doesn’t make any sense. | 说法一点不靠谱 |
[11:30] | Dugan’s cornea was normal. | 杜根的角膜很正常 |
[11:32] | You’re obviously brilliant. | 你还真聪明 |
[11:33] | So why would you hide your mind? | 那么你为什么隐藏你的想法 |
[11:35] | I was brainstorming. | 我是突然想出来的 |
[11:37] | I’m not talking about your stupid ideas about the patient. | 我不是说对病人的白痴看法 |
[11:39] | I mean your stupid ideas about morality. | 我是说对道德的白痴看法 |
[11:40] | My stupid ideas are what most doctors consider | 我白痴的看法是大多数医生遵循的 |
[11:43] | the rules for professional conduct. | 职业道德 |
[11:46] | What about a neuroendocrine tumor? | 那么神经内分泌肿瘤呢 |
[11:48] | Not without diminished mental capacity, | 思考能力还是下降了 |
[11:50] | loss of judgment. | 判断失误 |
[11:51] | Disseminated intravascular coagulation, however, fits. | 弥散性血管内凝结 还说得过去 |
[11:55] | Rules are just helpful guidelines for stupid people | 规矩是给白痴们定的 |
[11:58] | who can’t make up their own mind. | 给那些没有自主思考能力的人定的 |
[11:59] | You obviously don’t fit into that category, | 很显然 你不该是那类人 |
[12:01] | so why put yourself there? | 那为什么要把自己划进去 |
[12:03] | Masters is right | 马斯特斯说的那个 |
[12:04] | about a neuroendocrine tumor. | 神经内分泌肿瘤的论断没错 |
[12:07] | Because yes, Dugan has had a loss of judgment. | 因为杜根有判断力缺失 |
[12:10] | He made this totally inflammatory | 他为安德森做了这个 |
[12:11] | anti-immigration campaign commercial for Anderson. | 非常有煽动性的反移民商业广告 |
[12:13] | It just got linked online. | 这广告刚刚在网上发布了 |
[12:15] | You’re arguing Dugan’s politics | 你是说杜根的政治动作 |
[12:16] | are a sign that he’s mentally compromised? | 是他心智缺失的信号 |
[12:18] | No, his tactics. | 不 是他的战术 |
[12:19] | He’s most likely the one who leaked it | 他是最有可能泄露广告的 |
[12:20] | and all the commentators are saying | 所有评论员都在说 |
[12:22] | Anderson will catch the major backwords. | 安德森要食言了 |
[12:23] | And honesty’s a great idea | 说实话 这还真是个好主意 |
[12:25] | until your patient asks | 除非你们的病人问 |
[12:26] | if her distended abdomen makes her looks fat. | 她会不会因腹部膨胀而发胖了 |
[12:28] | House, I hate to interrupt your ethics debate, | 豪斯 我不想打断你们的伦理争论 |
[12:30] | but we have two solid ideas on the table. | 但现在我们桌面上摆着两种不同意见 |
[12:35] | Ct from his neck to his abdomen | 给他做颈部到腹部断层扫描 |
[12:37] | for neuroendocrine tumors. | 看看有没神经内分泌肿瘤 |
[12:38] | Run a d-dimer and fibrinogen for D.I.C. | 做二聚体和纤维蛋白扩散实验 |
[12:46] | Masters. | 马斯特斯 |
[12:49] | If lying to a patient saved their life, | 如果对病人撒谎可以救命的话 |
[12:52] | – would you do it? – No. | -你会撒谎吗 -不 |
[12:54] | That’s a lie. | 这就是一句谎话 |
[12:56] | If your grandma gave you a really crappy tea cozy | 如果你奶奶送给你一个很蹩脚的茶壶套 |
[12:58] | for Christmas, would you tell her you liked it? | 做圣诞礼物 你会跟她说你喜欢吗 |
[13:01] | Yes, but that’s different. | 是的 但那不一样 |
[13:02] | So, you lie when it doesn’t matter | 所以 你在无所谓的时候可以说谎 |
[13:04] | but you won’t when it does. | 但有所谓时就不会 |
[13:05] | How’d you get so screwed up? | 你怎么这么不靠谱 |
[13:12] | How mad would you be if I fired Masters? | 如果我炒了马斯特斯 你会多有生气 |
[13:15] | Very. Unless you had cause. | 非常 除非你有理由 |
[13:19] | Real cause. | 真正的理由 |
[13:21] | Cause that a human being would consider cause. | 是人都会考虑的理由 |
[13:23] | Never mind, then. | 那没事了 |
[13:25] | She’s got principals. | 她需要监护人 |
[13:27] | She’s like the love child of Einstein and Mary Poppins. | 她就像是爱因斯坦和玛丽·波宾丝的私生子 |
[13:30] | Didn’t even get Einstein’s hair. | 但没遗传爱因斯坦的发型 |
[13:32] | It’s worth having someone on the team | 你的团队里还是需要有个 |
[13:34] | who doesn’t see the world entirely as shades of gray. | 不觉得世界满是灰色阴影的成员的 |
[13:37] | – It is gray! – To you. | -就是灰色的 -对你来说 |
[13:39] | She has a fresh perspective. | 她有新鲜的观点 |
[13:41] | Unless that threatens you. | 除非那威胁到你了 |
[13:44] | It does not… | 没有威胁… |
[13:47] | You thought I’d get defensive, | 你以为我是在防御 |
[13:49] | keep her out of pride. | 让她不要骄傲 |
[13:50] | A girl can hope. | 女孩可以有希望 |
[13:52] | House, I gave this a lot of thought. | 豪斯 这件事我想了很久 |
[13:57] | She deserves a chance. | 她值得一试 |
[13:58] | A real chance. | 真正的一试 |
[14:08] | House is gonna fire me. | 豪斯要炒了我 |
[14:10] | No, he isn’t. | 不 他不会的 |
[14:11] | Because you told him not to? | 因为你不让他炒我吗 |
[14:13] | Butting heads with house is par for the course. | 豪斯有很强的逆反心理 |
[14:16] | House has strong beliefs, | 豪斯有强烈的信念 |
[14:17] | and he respects other people with strong beliefs. | 而且他尊重有强烈信念的人 |
[14:20] | It’s not my beliefs that are the problem. | 我的信念倒不是问题 |
[14:22] | It’s my personality. | 是我的个性 |
[14:24] | I’m not good at working with other people. | 我不擅长和他人交往 |
[14:26] | You’ve been in there for less than a day. | 你在那还没超过一天 |
[14:28] | I wasn’t looking for encouragement. | 我不是来寻求鼓励的 |
[14:30] | It’s a fact. | 是事实 |
[14:32] | Growing up, my whole life, really, | 在成长过程中 我的一生 真的 |
[14:35] | I-I spent a lot of time by myself. | 我一直在独处 |
[14:37] | And no one in high school wants to hang out | 高中里没有一个人想和 |
[14:39] | with a kid that’s three years younger than them. | 小自己三岁的小孩儿玩 |
[14:41] | And studying Anosov diffeomorphisms, | 而阿诺索夫微分同胚研究 |
[14:44] | determining whether an unattributed landscape | 说明不论一个无属性区域 |
[14:46] | is a blakelock or a ryder or… | 是封闭还是开放还是… |
[14:50] | I’m actually boring you right now. | 我现在就正在让你厌烦 |
[14:53] | And yet you chose medicine | 但是你选择的是医学 |
[14:55] | which is a team activity. | 就需要团队合作 |
[14:57] | It’s pretty gutsy, | 真勇敢 |
[14:59] | stepping so far outside your comfort zone. | 让自己远离你的舒适地带 |
[15:01] | I’m not trying to prove anything. | 我不是想证明什么 |
[15:05] | I just wanted to be a doctor. | 我只是想当医生 |
[15:07] | It was stupid. | 很愚蠢吧 |
[15:09] | Nobody can do everything. | 没人能万事通 |
[15:13] | I was vain to think I could be the exception. | 我曾梦想我能够胜任 |
[15:17] | House doesn’t care if you’re a team player, | 豪斯不会在乎你善不善长团队合作 |
[15:20] | or how ethical you are, | 或者你有多么有道德 |
[15:22] | or how high your I.Q. Is. | 或者你的智商有多高 |
[15:25] | It’s all about the cases. | 只要能解决病例 |
[15:27] | You help him crack this one, | 你帮助他解决好这个病案 |
[15:29] | you two are gonna get along just fine. | 你们两人就会相处好的 |
[15:33] | We gotta give masters some pointers, | 我们该给马斯特斯一点建议 |
[15:35] | help her figure out how to deal with house. | 帮助她对付豪斯 |
[15:37] | Why would I do that? | 为什么要这个 |
[15:39] | The entertainment factor is off the charts. | 看热闹什么的 最有意思了 |
[15:42] | It’s like watching a bunny hop into a buzz saw. | 就像是看鹬蚌相争 |
[15:45] | Repeatedly. | 反复来去 |
[15:46] | And if we don’t help her, she’s out of here. | 如果我们不帮她 她又得离开了 |
[15:48] | No, something else is stopping House from firing her. | 不 会有东西阻止豪斯炒掉她的 |
[15:51] | I’m guessing it’s his desire to keep having sex with cuddy. | 我猜是他想和卡迪嘿咻的渴望 |
[15:55] | You guys ready to admit you were wrong yet? | 你们准备好承认自己错了吗 |
[15:59] | Excuse me? | 抱歉你说什么 |
[16:00] | This tumor you’re looking for– you’re not gonna find it. | 你们要找的肿瘤 不会找到的 |
[16:04] | My judgment is completely sound. | 我的判断力很健全 |
[16:08] | So when you leaked that AD, | 那你泄露那条广告的时候 |
[16:09] | you were trying to torpedo the senator’s campaign? | 你是想破坏参议员的竞选吗 |
[16:13] | All right, one, I told you before, | 好吧 第一 我跟你说过 |
[16:15] | I didn’t leak that spot. | 我没泄露那广告 |
[16:18] | And two… | 第二 |
[16:19] | whoever did leak that ad | 不管是谁放出的广告 |
[16:20] | had nothing wrong with their mind either. | 脑子都没进水 |
[16:22] | It’s gonna save Anderson. | 它会解救安德森的 |
[16:23] | That commercial… | 那条商业广告… |
[16:25] | Everyone sees through it. | 每个人都看明白了 |
[16:27] | You’re just trying to play to people’s fears. | 你只是想利用人们的恐惧 |
[16:29] | You say fears. | 你说是恐惧 |
[16:30] | I say rational, protective instincts. | 我说是理性的自保本能 |
[16:33] | And judging by your accent, | 从你的口音看 |
[16:35] | immigration probably isn’t an issue | 要求你在移民问题上不偏不倚 |
[16:37] | you can be real impartial about. | 不太现实 |
[16:40] | I waited five years to get my green card. | 我等了五年才拿到绿卡 |
[16:42] | If there’s anyone who would resent | 如果有人反对在移民手续上走捷径 |
[16:43] | someone trying to skip the queue, it’d be me. | 第一个就该是我 |
[16:45] | Just because Moreno favors amnesty… | 只因为莫尔诺支持特赦令… |
[16:47] | He doesn’t. | 他不支持 |
[16:49] | You know that picture of him with the Mexican flags | 你们看过他跟墨西哥国旗一起的那张照片吧 |
[16:51] | that seems to be from a pro-amnesty rally? | 看起来像是在支持移民特赦令集会吗 |
[16:54] | That’s from an Amnesty International speech | 是他在国际特赦组织发表讲演 |
[16:56] | protesting the imprisonment of priests in Oaxaca. | 反对墨西哥瓦哈卡州关押牧师的时候拍的 |
[17:00] | Yes, you did just prove that that AD | 没错 你们刚刚证实了那则广告 |
[17:03] | is even more disgusting than you thought. | 比你们想象得更龌龊 |
[17:05] | You also proved that AD is effective. | 你们还证明了那则广告的有效性 |
[17:09] | You still think my judgment is off? | 你们还认为我判断失灵吗 |
[17:12] | Not anymore. | 现在不了 |
[17:14] | There’s no sign of a tumor. | 没有肿瘤的迹象 |
[17:15] | That leaves D.I.C. | 只剩下播散性血管内凝血 |
[17:17] | I’ll go check how Taub is doing with the blood work. | 我去看看陶博血检做得怎么样了 |
[17:25] | I guess when you get on in years, | 我猜人一上了年纪 |
[17:27] | it takes a little longer to run a few simple blood tests. | 连做几项最简单的血检也慢起来了 |
[17:29] | This whole “Taub’s an old man” thing kinda rings hollow, | 考虑到我身材比你更健壮的事实 |
[17:31] | considering I’m in better shape than you are. | 你”陶博是个老家伙”的论调听起来有点儿假 |
[17:34] | Pass the dye. | 染色剂递我 |
[17:35] | You’re in rounder shape than me. | 你身材比我圆倒是真的 |
[17:38] | Tonight after work, | 今晚下班之后 |
[17:39] | meet at the basketball courts in the gym. | 体育馆篮球场见 |
[17:41] | You do realize you’re two and a half feet tall, right? | 你知道自己身高刚够两尺半吧 |
[17:43] | And white. And Jewish. | 而且还是白人加犹太人 |
[17:45] | It’d be very embarrassing. | 被我赢了一定相当丢脸 |
[17:47] | I get why you wanna say no. | 我明白你为什么要拒绝 |
[17:49] | Tonight after work. | 今晚下班后见 |
[17:52] | Crap. | 该死 |
[17:56] | Did you hear Moreno’s latest stump speech? | 你有没有听莫尔诺最新的政治演说 |
[17:58] | He’s gonna clean up Washington. | 他要净化华府 |
[18:00] | Yeah, right. | 太对了 |
[18:02] | Like any politician from New Jersey | 搞得好像有哪个新泽西出来的政治家 |
[18:03] | has ever cleaned up… | 真正净化过… |
[18:04] | Who else knows that you leaked that AD? | 还有谁知道那则广告是你泄露出去的 |
[18:07] | You and I had the only two copies, Hal. | 仅有的两份拷贝在你我手里 哈尔 |
[18:10] | I don’t care that you did it. | 我不介意你泄密 |
[18:11] | I just want to make sure it worked. | 我只是想确定它起到了作用 |
[18:14] | This morning’s tracking has me within two points. | 今天上午的调查显示我的支持率只差两个百分点 |
[18:18] | Told you. | 我早说过 |
[18:19] | We’re gonna pull this thing off. | 我们一定会赢 |
[18:22] | Your blood test for D.I.C. came back completely normal. | 你的播散性血管内凝血检验结果完全正常 |
[18:25] | That’s good news, right? | 这是好消息 对吧 |
[18:26] | That means the two things we thought it could be, it’s not. | 这意味着我们的两种推测都落空了 |
[18:28] | We checked your home for toxins and didn’t find any. | 我们查过你家 没找到任何毒素 |
[18:31] | But it’s possible | 但不排除 |
[18:31] | you might’ve been exposed on the campaign. | 你在竞选途中接触毒素的可能 |
[18:33] | Have you visited any industrial or agricultural facilities? | 你有没有走访过工业或者农业设施 |
[18:36] | There was a tomato farm in Lumberton. | 兰伯顿有个番茄农场 |
[18:38] | They take you into the fields? | 他们带你进菜田了吗 |
[18:39] | No one wants a photo op with me. I never leave the bus. | 没人想跟我合影 我压根儿就没下车 |
[18:42] | Were the windows open? Certain pesticides… | 车窗当时开着吗 某些杀虫剂 |
[18:43] | Foreman. | 福曼 |
[18:48] | What? What is it? | 什么 怎么了 |
[18:50] | It’s not just your liver we have to worry about. | 我们现在要担心的不止是你的肝脏了 |
[18:53] | Looks like your kidneys are having problems, too. | 看样子你的肾脏也出了问题 |
[19:02] | So this guy spends his entire life | 这家伙穷尽一生 |
[19:03] | campaigning against bleeding hearts. | 四处奔波防止别人心灵受创 |
[19:06] | And it turns out he has one. | 到头来自己的心脏不行了 |
[19:08] | Bloody urine actually is a renal problem, | 尿血是肾脏问题 |
[19:10] | not a cardiac one. | 与心脏无关 |
[19:11] | Yeah, if I say something inaccurate, | 我说了不准确的话 |
[19:13] | assume it’s for comic effect. | 你就该当笑话听 |
[19:15] | Then laugh, because it’s funny. | 然后大笑 因为它好笑 |
[19:17] | TTP makes sense. | 可能是血栓性血小板减少性紫癜 |
[19:19] | What’re his platelets? | 血小板多少 |
[19:20] | 200,000. It’s not TTP. | 20万 不是血栓性血小板减少性紫癜 |
[19:21] | What about henoch-schoenlein purpura ? | 会不会是过敏性紫癜 |
[19:23] | H.S.P. Doesn’t cause clots. | 过敏性紫癜不会导致血栓 |
[19:24] | H.S.P. doesn’t usually cause clots, but it can. | 过敏性紫癜通常不会导致血栓 但也有可能 |
[19:27] | And the vasculitis would explain the kidney problem. | 而且血管炎可以解释肾脏病变 |
[19:29] | She can’t diagnose a joke, | 她连笑话都诊断不出 |
[19:31] | but she’s making progress on the patient. | 但她对病人的诊断有进步 |
[19:35] | We treat with chemotherapy or steroids. | 我们给他化疗 或者用类固醇 |
[19:37] | We treat with chemotherapy. | 我们给他化疗 |
[19:39] | I said chemo. | 我说了化疗 |
[19:41] | Then you said, “or.” | 然后你又说了”或者” |
[19:42] | Once again, the bunny meets the blade. | 又一次 乖乖兔遭遇无情打击 |
[19:44] | The road to dead patients is paved with “or”s. | 通向病人死亡之路就是由各种”或者”铺就的 |
[19:47] | Chemo is the more effective treatment | 化疗是更有效的治疗 |
[19:49] | which means it’ll confirm our diagnosis more quickly. | 因为它能更快地验证我们的诊断 |
[19:51] | I agree, but there is another option. | 我同意 但还有一种办法 |
[19:53] | There are lots of other options. | 办法有很多 |
[19:54] | There’s bloodletting, crystals, prayer… | 放血 水晶 祈祷… |
[19:56] | Another medically accepted option. | 我指的是另一种医学公认的方法 |
[19:58] | Which is both less effective and less scary. | 不那么有效 也不那么吓人 |
[20:00] | So the patient might just choose it. | 所以病人很可能会选 |
[20:02] | Unless, of course, we don’t mention it to him. | 除非我们不告诉他 |
[20:05] | We can’t withhold information. | 我们不能隐瞒信息 |
[20:07] | If we explain both the benefits | 如果我们把两种疗法的风险 |
[20:09] | and the risks of each treatment | 和好处解释清楚 |
[20:10] | I’m sure Dugan will choose chemo. | 我确信杜根会选择化疗的 |
[20:12] | Well, as long as you’re sure. | 只要你确信就好 |
[20:17] | The better option is chemotherapy. | 化疗是更好的选择 |
[20:18] | It’s faster and more likely to completely cure you. | 见效快而且更可能治愈你 |
[20:21] | I’ll take the steroids. | 我选类固醇 |
[20:22] | Oh, my goodness! | 我的天哪 |
[20:25] | If only someone could’ve predicted | 要是某人早预料到 |
[20:26] | that you’d make that incredibly stupid decision. | 你会做这种愚蠢的选择该多好 |
[20:31] | The nausea and fatigue from chemo | 化疗造成的恶心和乏力 |
[20:33] | will only last a few weeks. | 只会持续几周 |
[20:34] | Our poll numbers have stalled. | 我们的民意调查下滑了 |
[20:35] | That’s five days till the election. | 距离竞选开始只剩5天 |
[20:37] | Doctor, can you talk some sense into him? | 医生 你能不能给他讲讲道理 |
[20:39] | Would that I could, | 要是能 我会的 |
[20:41] | but ethics dictate that it’s his decision. | 但是道德支配我尊重他的决定 |
[20:43] | So all I can do now is return to my office | 所以我能做的只是回到办公室 |
[20:45] | knowing, even as my patient endangers himself, | 心里知道 即便我的病人危及自身 |
[20:48] | my integrity remains unblemished. | 我的正直诚实依然清白无暇 |
[20:52] | Please. Take some time to think about this. | 求你 花时间考虑一下 |
[20:55] | I don’t need any time. I want to start on the steroids. | 我不需要时间 我要开始用类固醇 |
[21:05] | Game to 11 by ones. | 1球1分 11分制 |
[21:07] | Uh, hold on. | 等等 |
[21:15] | Wanna shoot for outs? | 比投篮吗 |
[21:16] | You can have it. | 你投吧 |
[21:21] | One, nothing. | 1比0 |
[21:24] | You gonna guard me? | 你不防我吗 |
[21:26] | Can’t hit two in a row. | 你又不能连中 |
[21:30] | Two, nothing. | 2比0 |
[21:31] | You gonna guard me now? | 你到底防不防我 |
[21:33] | You can have that shot all day. | 你有本事就一直投吧 |
[21:39] | Three, nothing. | 3比0 |
[21:49] | One, three. | 1比3 |
[22:24] | Ten, seven. | 10比7 |
[22:40] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[22:42] | You’re gonna beat me with that? | 就这样被你赢了 |
[22:46] | Well– I was wrong. | 好吧 我错了 |
[22:50] | You’re not so old. | 你没那么老 |
[22:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:52] | Now all we have to do is figure out | 现在我们只要搞清楚 |
[22:54] | why Masters is making you feel insecure. | 为什么马斯特斯让你感到不安 |
[23:04] | I was just down by Dugan’s room. | 我刚才在药房 |
[23:06] | They were ready to give him the wrong medicine. | 他们正要给他用错的药 |
[23:08] | I tried to change the order, but I’m not a doctor. | 我想纠正他们 可我不是医生 |
[23:10] | Good. The wrong medicine is the right medicine. | 很好 错的药才是对的药 |
[23:14] | But he wanted steroids, not chemo. | 但他要的是类固醇 不是化疗 |
[23:16] | He wants to live. | 他想活下去 |
[23:19] | I’m gonna tell him what’s going on. | 我要去告诉他真相 |
[23:21] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不能 |
[23:23] | I don’t mind your morality in theory. | 你在理论上怎样讲我不管 |
[23:25] | But in practice, you’re risking my patient’s life. | 你在实际操作中拿我病人的生命冒险 |
[23:27] | So you’re fired. | 所以你被解雇了 |
[23:30] | You think that’s gonna stop me from telling him? | 你以为解雇我我就不去告诉他了吗 |
[23:32] | If you do, I’ll get you thrown out of medical school. | 你敢去 我保证医学院开除你 |
[23:35] | I haven’t done anything that would merit that. | 我没做任何应当被开除的事情 |
[23:37] | I know. But unlike you, I’m willing to lie. | 我知道 但与你不同 我愿意撒谎 |
[23:44] | Firing her was a mistake. | 解雇她是个错误 |
[23:46] | We need someone like her on the team, | 我们需要团队里有像她这样的人 |
[23:47] | keeping us all in check. | 来约束我们 |
[23:50] | You’re incapable of noticing | 我做了不应当的事 |
[23:51] | when I do something inappropriate? | 你们会看不出来吗 |
[23:52] | We’re like the frogs who’ve been in the pot for a while. | 我们就像煮了一阵子的青蛙 |
[23:54] | We’re used to the heat. | 已经习惯那热量了 |
[23:55] | Things have been just fine without Pippi Longdivision. | 长袜子皮皮出现之前 一切都好好的 |
[23:58] | Your opponent’s out of the race. | 你的对手已经退出竞选 |
[23:59] | You can drop the smear campaign. | 停止诽谤活动吧 |
[24:01] | Dugan developed pulmonary edema. | 杜根出现肺水肿 |
[24:03] | It’s not H.S.P. | 不是过敏性紫癜 |
[24:04] | Masters was right. | 马斯特斯是对的 |
[24:06] | He didn’t want the chemo. He didn’t need the chemo. | 他不想要化疗 他也不需要化疗 |
[24:08] | Masters was wrong. | 马斯特斯是错的 |
[24:09] | He doesn’t have H.S.P. | 他没患过敏性紫癜 |
[24:11] | And Masters is gone. | 而且马斯特斯已经走人了 |
[24:13] | Could be an infection. | 可能是感染 |
[24:14] | We had him on aztreonam for the E coli. | 我们给他用了氨曲喃治疗大肠杆菌 |
[24:15] | He didn’t respond. | 他没见好 |
[24:16] | Schistosomiasis wouldn’t respond to aztreonam. | 血吸虫病用氨曲喃自然不会见好 |
[24:19] | That’s a great idea, | 真是高明想法 |
[24:20] | if he was running a political campaign in Africa. | 如果他是在非洲跑竞选的话 |
[24:22] | The guy hasn’t been out of the country in years. | 他好多年没出过国了 |
[24:24] | Who needs to travel when you’ve got a giant fish tank | 有了大鱼缸谁还需要出国呀 |
[24:26] | loaded with tropical fish, tropical snails | 满缸的热带鱼 热带蜗牛 |
[24:29] | carrying tropical bacteria like schistosomiasis. | 身上满是热带血吸虫之类的热带细菌 |
[24:33] | Well, break into his home, get me some escargot. | 再去闯他家 抓两只法国蜗牛回来 |
[24:35] | Unless you wanna ask the patient’s permission | 除非你们想去讨病人的许可 |
[24:37] | as a tribute to the departed. | 当离职礼物送她 |
[24:45] | Need a minute. | 过来一下 |
[24:49] | You said you were gonna give her a chance. | 你答应给她一次机会的 |
[24:52] | I did! | 我给了 |
[24:53] | She used that opportunity to endanger our patient’s life. | 她利用我给的机会危害病人生命 |
[24:55] | By insisting he receive the treatment that he asked for. | 我坚持让他得到他选择的治疗 |
[24:58] | That’s what I just said! | 我说的就是这个 |
[24:59] | Your team is there to challenge you. | 你的团队存在就是为了挑战你 |
[25:02] | I didn’t fire her because she’s a challenge– | 我解雇她不是因为她是个挑战 |
[25:03] | I fired her because she’s an immutable obstacle! | 我解雇她是因为她是个顽固的障碍 |
[25:05] | You gonna make me hire her? | 你要逼我雇佣她吗 |
[25:06] | How do you think that’ll work out? | 你觉得会有什么结果 |
[25:07] | How do you think that’ll work out? | 你觉得会有什么结果 |
[25:09] | He’s right, I’ll just– | 他说的对 我还是 |
[25:10] | You will not quit this job. | 你不准辞了这份工作 |
[25:13] | What is going on? | 这算什么意思啊 |
[25:15] | I want her gone, she wants to be gone. | 我想让她走 她也不想干 |
[25:16] | Why do you care? | 你较的什么劲儿 |
[25:18] | You don’t actually think | 你该不会觉得 |
[25:20] | that she’s a younger version of you? | 她是毕业生版的你吧 |
[25:22] | Because let me tell you, you’re not that smart | 实话跟你说 你没她聪明 |
[25:24] | or moral. | 也没她这么道德 |
[25:25] | Socially awkward, maybe. | 倒是可能跟她一样不善社交 |
[25:26] | She’s a potential star, | 她很有潜力 |
[25:27] | and I want her in my hospital. | 我想要她为我的医院效力 |
[25:29] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[25:30] | Just find her a different department. | 让她换个科室待着去 |
[25:34] | I think I’ve figured it out. | 我想我知道答案了 |
[25:37] | Why taub didn’t like Masters. | 为什么陶博不喜欢马斯特斯 |
[25:39] | Now you’re getting involved in this, too? | 你怎么也加入八卦队伍了 |
[25:41] | My previous source of entertainment just got fired. | 我的前娱乐新闻人物被解雇了 |
[25:43] | Exactly. She’s gone. It’s over. | 没错 她走了 到此结束 |
[25:45] | She’s totally moral and uptight, | 她品德高尚为人正直 |
[25:47] | which made Taub feel badly about his cheating. | 这让陶博羞于自己出轨之事 |
[25:50] | Can we get a move on? | 赶紧干活好吧 |
[25:52] | You didn’t like her | 在你见识到 |
[25:53] | even before you knew about her morals. | 她品德高尚之前就不喜欢她了 |
[25:55] | It’s from the minute he saw her. | 你第一眼看到她就不对盘 |
[25:57] | So… | 那么 |
[25:59] | It’s something about how she looked. | 肯定是因为她的长相了 |
[26:01] | All right. | 行了 |
[26:03] | No snails. Let’s get out of here. | 没有蜗牛 我们走吧 |
[26:08] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[26:15] | – Yeah. – It’s Foreman. | -说话 -我是福曼 |
[26:17] | What’d you find? | 你们有什么发现 |
[26:18] | Nothing helpful, but– | 没什么有建设性的 但 |
[26:19] | There’s gotta be something. | 一定有原因 |
[26:20] | Dugan’s going completely downhill. | 杜根的病情持续恶化 |
[26:22] | Now fluid’s collecting in his chest. | 现在他胸腔开始积液了 |
[26:24] | Where the hell are you guys? | 你们死哪里去了 |
[26:26] | In jail. | 蹲拘留所了 |
[26:29] | You gonna come bail us out? | 你会来保我们出去吗 |
[26:30] | Uh… Kinda busy. | 我 有点忙 |
[26:38] | Thank you all for coming down here at this late hour. | 感谢你们能在夜深时与会 |
[26:40] | I assure you I will be brief. | 我会简明扼要 |
[26:43] | There has been a lot of discussion | 本周初在网络上泄露的一段 |
[26:44] | about an attack ad that leaked online earlier this week. | 攻击他人的广告引起了广泛讨论 |
[26:48] | As I said many times | 我曾多次强调 |
[26:49] | over the past few days– | 在过去几天 |
[26:53] | There you are. | 你躲在这儿啊 |
[26:55] | I was starting to think that my holier-than-thou-dar | 我正在想是不是我那”比你更圣洁器官” |
[26:57] | was malfunctioning. | 最近罢工了 |
[26:59] | Our patient’s liver, | 我们病人的肝脏 |
[27:01] | kidneys, and lungs are failing. | 双肾和肺部齐齐衰竭 |
[27:03] | I need you to help me figure out why. | 我需要你帮助我找到病因 |
[27:05] | As I recall, you have three actual doctors | 我记得 你有三位真正的医生手下 |
[27:07] | you haven’t fired today. | 今天没被你解雇 |
[27:09] | They’re in jail. | 他们在拘留所里 |
[27:10] | What? Why? | 什么 怎么会 |
[27:11] | Prostitution. | 搞三人行 |
[27:13] | So you’re rehired. | 所以你被重新雇佣了 |
[27:21] | It all started in the liver, but where in the liver? | 一切始于肝脏 问题是肝脏哪里 |
[27:23] | If in the ducts, then primary biliary cirrhosis– | 如果是胆管 那就是原发性胆汁性肝硬化 |
[27:26] | Yeah, I don’t need to hear your ideas. | 停 我不要听你的思考过程 |
[27:27] | Just return the volley. | 直接回传[回答问题] |
[27:29] | Primary sclerosing cholangitis. | 原发硬化性胆管炎 |
[27:31] | Nope. His vitamin A level is normal. | 错 他维他命A水平正常 |
[27:34] | Gall bladder problems can affect the liver. | 胆囊问题会影响肝脏 |
[27:37] | Cholecystitis? | 胆囊炎 |
[27:38] | Shh! He’s talking about our patient. | 嘘 他在说我们的病人 |
[27:41] | Did you just shush me? | 你刚才让我嘘声 |
[27:42] | Shh! | 别说话 |
[27:44] | And thought he was a friend. | 我一直把他当朋友 |
[27:46] | That is, until… | 直到 |
[27:48] | He leaked this hurtful, hateful ad. | 他泄露了这则令人受伤令人憎恶的广告 |
[27:51] | I think he’s lying. Dugan said– | 我觉得他在说谎 杜根说 |
[27:53] | The technical term is speaking. | 这术语叫做演说 |
[27:56] | Dugan violated my trust. | 杜根辜负了我对他的信任 |
[27:58] | And therefore, I have no other recourse | 因此 除了将他从我的竞选团队中除名 |
[28:01] | than to fire him from my campaign. | 我没有其它补救办法 |
[28:05] | Thank you, and there will be no further questions. | 谢谢各位 回答问题到此结束 |
[28:12] | Thanks for your help. | 多谢你的帮忙 |
[28:16] | Oh– and you’re fired again. | 顺便 你又被解雇了 |
[28:26] | He screwed you. | 他害了你 |
[28:28] | That was a hell of a move. | 手段真他妈高明啊 |
[28:30] | Use the ad to shore up the base, | 利用广告做铺垫 |
[28:31] | fire the extremist to hold the center. | 干掉极端分子抓牢中心 |
[28:34] | No, I mean he actually screwed you. | 不 我说他真的害惨你 |
[28:36] | Taking weekend trips down to Bunbury. | 周末游游邦伯里 |
[28:39] | He’s got a red blotch on his hand. | 他手上有块红疹 |
[28:41] | That’s palmar erythema. | 那是掌红斑 |
[28:43] | That, and the fact that he’s got | 再加上他尼克松似的焦虑不安 |
[28:44] | a permanent sheen of nixonian flop sweat. | 以致长年脸泛红光 |
[28:47] | He’s got hepatitis C | 表明他患丙肝 |
[28:49] | which explains all your symptoms. | 这能解释你所有的症状 |
[28:51] | That’s great, | 那太好了 |
[28:51] | but the senator and I have not had sex. | 可惜我跟议员没有性接触 |
[28:54] | Well, then the two of you shot up together. | 那就是你们同用一根针筒注射 |
[28:56] | How many high-functioning heroin users do you know? | 你知道多少高功能海洛因吸食者呀 |
[28:59] | Actually, quite a few. | 实际上 还不少 |
[29:01] | Look, I know you’ve got Hep C. | 听着 我知道你有丙肝 |
[29:04] | So either you shared a bed together, | 所以要么你们是共枕同眠 |
[29:07] | you shared a needle, | 或者是共用针头 |
[29:10] | or you shared a straw. | 要么就是用了同一根吸管 |
[29:14] | I’m talking about coke, | 我在说可卡因 |
[29:16] | not coke. | 不是可乐 |
[29:17] | You can get Hep C from doing cocaine? | 吸食可卡因也会得丙肝吗 |
[29:20] | Look, I will deny it. | 我肯定不会承认的 |
[29:21] | Don’t care. | 随你便 |
[29:22] | They tested me for Hep C when I came in here. | 我入院时做过测试 |
[29:24] | I don’t have it. | 我没有丙肝 |
[29:25] | Apparently your liver picked up | 显然你的肝脏也会几招 |
[29:27] | a few of your campaign tactics. | 你的竞选战术 |
[29:29] | It’s hiding all your secrets | 通过制造冷球蛋白 |
[29:30] | by producing cryoglobulins | 它掩盖了你的小秘密 |
[29:32] | So the Hep C tests come back negative. | 所以丙肝测试结果呈阴性 |
[29:34] | Now, I could look for all the associated toxins, | 本来我可以寻找相关毒素 |
[29:36] | but the plasmapheresis got rid of those. | 但血浆除去法已经把它们都排空了 |
[29:38] | So basically, you’ve got a disease, | 简单来说 你生病了 |
[29:40] | but there’s no way to prove it. | 但没法证明 |
[29:41] | It’s pretty cool, huh? | 挺有意思的对吧 |
[29:44] | What is that? | 你在打什么 |
[29:46] | This is interferon. | 这是干扰素 |
[29:48] | It delays the onset of Rigor mortis. | 它可以让你迟些变僵尸 |
[29:58] | When did your lawyer say he was coming to get us? | 你律师说他什么时候来 |
[30:01] | He said, | 他说 |
[30:02] | and I’m quoting here, | 原话重现 |
[30:04] | “Soon.” | 很快 |
[30:05] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[30:07] | The reason you hated Masters | 你看马斯特斯第一眼 |
[30:08] | from the moment you saw her. | 就讨厌她的原因 |
[30:09] | Come on. | 有完没完 |
[30:10] | That was not the first time you saw her. | 你之前就见过她 |
[30:13] | That is brilliant. | 真聪明 |
[30:19] | It’s really not. | 真的不是这样 |
[30:21] | Is that guy seriously using the toilet? | 那家伙真要在这上厕所吗 |
[30:23] | Oh, my god, he’s sitting down. | 老天 他坐下来了 |
[30:25] | Don’t try to change the subject. | 别想岔开话题 |
[30:27] | Did you sleep with her? | 你跟她睡过吗 |
[30:28] | No wonder he’s in jail. | 难怪他被关在拘留所 |
[30:29] | Anyone who would do that has no shame. | 他这么做竟然不感到羞耻 |
[30:30] | Or maybe he tried to sleep with her, | 也有可能他曾试图勾引她 |
[30:32] | and she shot him down. | 被她狠狠拒绝了 |
[30:33] | I don’t know her. | 我不认识她 |
[30:36] | Is he grunting? | 他在嗯嗯吗 |
[30:37] | I think I hear grunting. | 我好像听到他嗯嗯了 |
[30:39] | You realize we’re not gonna drop this. | 你该知道我们不会善罢甘休吧 |
[30:43] | I didn’t sleep with her. | 我没跟她睡过 |
[30:45] | I interviewed her for Hopkins med school. | 我给她面试进霍普金斯医学院的 |
[30:48] | So you’re holding a grudge, | 就因为她选了另一所学校 |
[30:49] | because she chose a different school? | 你对她心存怨恨 |
[30:52] | We talked for an hour. | 我们对话了一个小时 |
[30:54] | She didn’t remember me. | 她竟然不记得我 |
[30:56] | She remembers the 20th digit of some math constant, | 她记得什么数学常数第20位数字 |
[31:00] | but she doesn’t remember | 却不记得 |
[31:01] | a guy she had a one-on-one meeting with. | 跟她一对一面谈的面试官 |
[31:04] | Well, I barely remember you. | 我还不记得你是哪根葱呢 |
[31:06] | Mystery solved. | 迷题解开了 |
[31:08] | Now we can all go back to our lives. | 现在大家可以回到常轨了 |
[31:22] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[31:24] | I’ve decided to rehire you. | 我决定再次雇佣你 |
[31:26] | Find another sounding board. | 换个人耍耍去 |
[31:28] | Dugan’s got Hep C. | 杜根患丙肝 |
[31:29] | I’m not doing this. | 我不会搭理你的 |
[31:30] | He’s not responding to interferon. | 干扰素不起作用 |
[31:32] | You must think I have absolutely no self-esteem. | 想必你觉得我完全没有自尊 |
[31:36] | Ethics and self-esteem? | 又要道德又要自尊 |
[31:38] | You really are a pain in the ass. | 你还真叫人蛋疼 |
[31:40] | What treats Hep C besides interferon? | 除了干扰素还有什么能治疗丙肝 |
[31:43] | Now you want me to talk? | 现在你又想听我的主意了 |
[31:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:47] | Come on, stop pretending you’re not gonna do this. | 得了 别假装你不想告诉我 |
[31:50] | As much as you hate me, you hate failing more. | 不管你多讨厌我 你更讨厌失败 |
[31:53] | I didn’t fail. | 我没有失败 |
[31:54] | You fired me. Repeatedly. | 是你一遍遍炒我 |
[31:55] | But if you walk away now, after I just rehired you, | 但现在我重新雇佣你 你还要离开 |
[31:58] | that’s quitting. | 那叫辞职 |
[32:02] | A german research study | 一项德国调查研究显示 |
[32:04] | showed that 15% of patients with Hep C | 15%的丙肝患者 |
[32:06] | were cured after contracting Hep A. | 在感染上甲肝后治愈 |
[32:08] | Of course, other studies have shown | 当然其他研究显示 |
[32:09] | that up to 85% of doubly-infected patients | 85%的双重感染病患 |
[32:11] | die very quickly. | 死得更快 |
[32:12] | So, in theory, if we can find something that mimics Hep A– | 所以理论上说 如果我们找到甲肝模拟物 |
[32:15] | There’s one thing that mimics Hep A… | 是有那么个甲肝模拟物 |
[32:18] | Hep A. | 甲肝呗 |
[32:19] | Good work. | 不错 |
[32:21] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[32:23] | No! | 不 |
[32:27] | Hep A could cure him. | 甲肝能治好他 |
[32:28] | Better chance it’ll kill him. | 更可能杀死他 |
[32:30] | Tell the lab to release a Hep A culture to me. | 让实验室给我个甲肝培养物 |
[32:31] | We’ll see who’s right. | 看谁对谁错 |
[32:32] | It’s not an approved treatment | 这项治疗未获批准 |
[32:34] | and exposes us to liability. | 还会对我们产生不利影响 |
[32:35] | There’s no way I can let you do this. | 我不可能让你这么做 |
[32:37] | That’s an extremely cowardly position. | 你这是极端畏缩的立场 |
[32:41] | Listen to the genius. | 听听天才之言 |
[32:42] | You’re the one that insisted he run this by me. | 是你坚持要他征求我意见的 |
[32:44] | It’s proper protocol for an unconventional treatment. | 因为这是非传统治疗的常规机制 |
[32:47] | But we shouldn’t compromise patient care | 可我们不该牺牲病人的安危 |
[32:49] | just to avoid lawsuits. | 只为避免诉讼 |
[32:50] | What about the fact that we don’t | 现在我们无法证明他真有丙肝 |
[32:52] | have any proof he actually has Hep C? | 这你又怎么说呢 |
[32:55] | That is a perfectly valid objection. | 她这反对无懈可击 |
[32:57] | Don’t listen to her. | 别听她的 |
[32:58] | She doesn’t even work for me. | 她又不是我的手下 |
[32:59] | If you really think that this is the only way to cure him, | 如果你真认为这是唯一能治愈他的办法 |
[33:01] | I will risk the lawsuit. | 我愿意冒法律风险 |
[33:03] | But I need to know that he actually has the disease. | 但我需要知道他确实患有丙肝 |
[33:06] | Get me proof. | 给我证据 |
[33:07] | – I’ve given you– – Proof! | -我已经给你 -证据 |
[33:09] | Get me proof he has Hep C, | 你给我他患有丙肝的证据 |
[33:12] | and then you can give him Hep A. | 我就让你给他注射甲肝病毒 |
[33:14] | I can’t. | 我无法证明 |
[33:15] | You’ll figure something out. | 你会想出办法来的 |
[33:16] | The two of you have a combined IQ north of 300. | 你们俩智商加起来都超过300了 |
[33:20] | That’s also true of five morons. | 五个白痴加起来也是300 |
[33:25] | Go. Work. | 去干活吧 |
[33:28] | So what do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[33:30] | Well, considering the fact | 考虑到我正要 |
[33:31] | that I’m about to do something unethical– | 做些不道德的事 |
[33:32] | Oh, right, yeah– I’m fired. | 懂了 我被解雇了 |
[33:37] | Missed you. | 想你们了 |
[33:39] | We need a false positive Hep C test. | 我们需要一份丙肝假阳性测试 |
[33:41] | And why would we want to do that? | 我们要这个干什么 |
[33:43] | The world changes when you’re on the inside. | 你们蹲拘留所的时候世界变了 |
[33:46] | You just gotta roll with it once you get out. | 出来之后你们得跟上 |
[33:47] | You think he contracted Hep C | 你认为他的丙肝 |
[33:49] | from the senator, right? | 是从议员那染上的 对吧 |
[33:50] | Test Anderson. | 那就测安德森 |
[33:51] | If it’s positive, that’s evidence Dugan has it, too. | 如果他是阳性 就表明杜根也患上了 |
[33:53] | Evidence, not proof. | 只是表明 不是证明 |
[33:55] | Are we presenting this to a jury of our peers? | 我们又不是呈给陪审团看 |
[33:57] | That should be enough for Cuddy. | 说服卡迪应该够了 |
[33:58] | Should be, but it won’t be. | 应该够 但实际不够 |
[33:59] | The test for Hep C is 99.9% accurate. | 丙肝测试准确率是99.9% |
[34:02] | That means one in every thousand tests | 这意味着一千个测试中 |
[34:04] | is a false positive. | 就有一个假阳性 |
[34:05] | We do enough, maybe we get lucky. | 我们多测几次 也许能碰上 |
[34:09] | I smell like jail. | 我浑身监狱味儿 |
[34:12] | False false positive. | 假冒的假阳性 |
[34:13] | That’s the best we can do? | 没有更好的办法了吗 |
[34:17] | Okay, go do it. | 那好 行动吧 |
[34:46] | I have a problem. | 我遇到个难题 |
[34:49] | A medical problem | 一个医学问题 |
[34:51] | which could become… | 可能演变成 |
[34:56] | I have lied to Cuddy 10,000 times. | 我骗过卡迪上万次了 |
[35:00] | How do you think she’d feel about 10,001? | 你觉得再多骗一次她会怎么想 |
[35:02] | I think you probably already know the answer. | 我觉得你心里已经有数了 |
[35:06] | But it doesn’t make any sense. | 可我想不通呀 |
[35:08] | You don’t understand why a woman might be upset | 你不理解为什么男友一说谎 |
[35:10] | because her boyfriend lied to her? | 女人就不高兴 |
[35:11] | I wouldn’t be lying as her boyfriend. | 我不会以男友身份对她说谎 |
[35:13] | I’d be lying as her employee. | 而是作为员工 |
[35:15] | That’s not how relationships work. | 男女关系不是这么处的 |
[35:18] | My patient is gonna die. | 我的病人会死 |
[35:23] | Does the lie guarantee he’ll live? | 说谎能保证他活下来吗 |
[35:26] | No. | 不能 |
[35:27] | You got two choices: | 你有两个选择 |
[35:29] | to be honest and face the medical consequences, | 诚实 但要面对医疗后果 |
[35:31] | or lie and face the personal consequences. | 说谎 但要面对个人感情 |
[36:07] | Now that you’re my doctor, you, uh… | 既然你是我的医生 |
[36:09] | You can’t tell anybody, right? | 就不可以对任何人说吧 |
[36:11] | Who’d leak a story about a sitting senator | 谁会到处宣传现任参议员 |
[36:13] | who got Hep C from doing cocaine? | 注射可卡因染上了丙肝呢 |
[36:21] | You didn’t fill out any paperwork. | 你没有填写任何表格 |
[36:23] | I’m gonna run this test under an assumed name. | 我会帮你做匿名测试 |
[36:27] | Trust me– | 相信我 |
[36:29] | no one will ever know you were here. | 没人会知道你来过这儿 |
[36:40] | Blood test confirming Hep C. | 血液测试证实是丙肝 |
[36:42] | He got sicker, | 他的病情加重 |
[36:43] | his viral load came up, | 病毒负荷量上升 |
[36:44] | finally showed up on the test. | 最终在测试中显现出来 |
[36:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:51] | There was a time | 曾几何时 |
[36:52] | when you would have completely ignored my request. | 你对我的要求视而不见 |
[36:55] | That means a lot that you respect me enough to do this. | 你能这么做说明很尊重我 我很高兴 |
[36:58] | I’ve come a long way, baby. | 我一直在努力 宝贝儿 |
[37:01] | Now, if you would only hire a new team member. | 现在就差雇佣一个新成员了 |
[37:05] | I’m on it. | 我会搞定的 |
[37:15] | How’d you like to come work for me? | 来给我干活怎么样 |
[37:18] | It’s like I’m on a mobius strip. | 我好像身处莫比乌斯带 |
[37:20] | We’ve had this conversation. | 我们早就谈过了 |
[37:21] | You want this job. | 你想要这份工作 |
[37:25] | Prove yourself to me, | 向我证明自己的能力 |
[37:26] | no more games. | 不会再耍你玩了 |
[37:28] | At least, the current game ends. | 至少现在这场游戏结束了 |
[37:29] | Others may start. | 还会有其它的 |
[37:31] | You have my deeply-flawed word. | 虽然有漏洞 但是我向你保证 |
[37:35] | What do I have to do? | 我该做些什么 |
[37:38] | Get Dugan to let us give him Hep A. | 让杜根同意注射甲肝病毒 |
[37:41] | And while you’re figuring out the best way | 要想找个最好的办法 |
[37:42] | to coax a patient into a treatment | 劝诱病人进行死亡率 |
[37:44] | that has an 85% mortality rate, | 高达85%的治疗方案 |
[37:46] | here’s some advice: don’t. | 我建议你 别告诉他 |
[37:48] | I’m not gonna lie to him. | 我不会骗他的 |
[37:50] | You have a Math Degree. | 你是有数学学位人的 |
[37:51] | So let’s see if you can follow along here. | 看看你能不能应用在这上面 |
[37:53] | You lie to him, he definitely consents, | 你对他说谎 他肯定会同意 |
[37:56] | he might live. | 也许就能活下来 |
[37:57] | You tell him the truth like last time, | 你像上次那样对他讲出实话 |
[37:59] | he might not consent, | 他可能就不会同意 |
[38:00] | He definitely dies. | 那他一定会死 |
[38:04] | Remind me what’s so wrong about lying? | 跟我说说谎有什么不对 |
[38:08] | We’re going to inject you with Hepatitis A. | 我们要给你注射甲肝病毒 |
[38:14] | That doesn’t sound like medicine. | 听起来不像是药 |
[38:16] | I know it seems counter-intuitive, | 我知道这有违常理 |
[38:18] | but in some people, | 但在一些人体内 |
[38:19] | the virus can enhance immune function | 这种病毒能够增强免疫力 |
[38:21] | and clear out the Hepatitis C. | 清除丙肝病毒 |
[38:23] | Some. How many we talking about? | 一些人 到底是多少人 |
[38:31] | A fair amount. | 可观的数目 |
[38:33] | Give me a percentage. | 跟我说下百分比 |
[38:34] | What are the odds of this thing working? | 这种方法的成功率有多高 |
[38:38] | There is an 85% chance that this will kill you. | 有85%的可能会致死 |
[38:45] | So, you wanna | 这么说 |
[38:48] | give me something that works | 你要给我的治疗比喝砒霜的 |
[38:49] | 15% better than arsenic? | 生还率高个15% |
[38:51] | Well, technically, it works infinitely better | 理论上讲 生还率要高无数倍 |
[38:53] | because arsenic has a 0% ch–chance. | 因为喝砒霜活命的机会…为零 |
[39:00] | This is your only shot. | 这是你唯一的机会 |
[39:02] | Both Dr. House and I believe that. | 我和豪斯医生都这么认为 |
[39:04] | He faked a blood test in order | 为了给你批这个治疗方案 |
[39:07] | to get you approved for this treatment. | 他伪造了血液测试 |
[39:08] | And then he tried to bribe me | 他还试图贿赂我 |
[39:09] | into lying to you about the risks. | 向你隐瞒风险 |
[39:11] | If either of those incidents came to light, | 如果这些事情被查出来 |
[39:13] | he would be suspended | 他将会停诊 |
[39:15] | and probably lose his license. | 很可能被吊销执照 |
[39:16] | Oh, I’m sure some other people would suffer. | 肯定还会有其他人跟着受苦 |
[39:20] | He’s risking his career to give you this chance. | 他拿自己的职业生涯作赌注换你这次机会 |
[39:24] | He wouldn’t do that if there was any other choice. | 如果还有其他选择 他是不会这样做的 |
[39:33] | I did it. And I didn’t have to lie. | 我做到了 而且没说谎 |
[39:35] | And you feel good about that? | 你自我感觉很好是吗 |
[39:37] | – Yes. – So I’m hiring an idiot. | -是的 -这么说我雇了个白痴 |
[39:39] | You can pretend you wanted me to lie, | 你可以假装想让我说谎 |
[39:41] | but you didn’t. | 但其实不然 |
[39:42] | You want the people on your team to challenge you | 你希望手下的人挑战你 |
[39:44] | otherwise you’d just be a bully | 不然的话 你就只是在欺负人 |
[39:45] | instead of a great doctor. | 而不是个好医生 |
[39:46] | You hired me because I don’t compromise my principals. | 你雇我 因为我坚持自己的原则不妥协 |
[39:49] | Or I want a front row seat when you wake up | 或者我想最先看到 有一天你清醒过来 |
[39:52] | and realize how useless your principals are. | 认识到你的原则有多没用 |
[39:55] | I don’t want you to just lie to a patient. | 我不要你单纯欺骗病人 |
[39:56] | I want you to want to lie to a patient. | 我是要你自愿欺骗病人 |
[39:59] | It’s not gonna happen. | 不会有这一天的 |
[40:02] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[40:28] | I heard Dugan is already responding to treatment. | 我听说杜根的治疗已显成效了 |
[40:31] | Yeah, his ALT level is already beginning to normalize. | 是的 他的丙氨酸氨基转换酶水平逐渐正常 |
[40:35] | I wanted to apologize for the way– | 我希望跟你说声抱歉 我先前的态度 |
[40:38] | Uh, wait– you interviewed me, right? | 等下 你面试过我吧 |
[40:43] | For Hopkins? | 霍普金斯医学院 |
[40:44] | Oh, my god, you’re right. | 哦 天啊 还真的是 |
[40:48] | Wow, that memory of yours. | 你的记忆力真好 |
[40:51] | I wanted to say something the first day. | 第一天我就想和你说的 |
[40:54] | I felt really awkward about the whole thing. | 但我总觉得有些尴尬 |
[40:57] | Don’t worry about it. | 别这么想 |
[41:00] | Is this grandma’s tea cozy? | 这身是奶奶的茶壶套吗 |
[41:03] | What? | 什么 |
[41:05] | Nothing. I’ll see you upstairs. | 没什么 楼上见 |
[41:12] | If I knew hiring her meant | 早知道雇佣她 |
[41:13] | dealing with medical school paperwork, | 得签署一堆医学院文件 |
[41:15] | I might’ve reconsidered. | 我会重新考虑的 |
[41:17] | You really got nothing better to do | 你就没其他事可做 |
[41:18] | than watch me sign this? | 一定要盯着我签字吗 |
[41:20] | And miss the ultimate admission | 我怎能错过你终于承认 |
[41:21] | that I was right about Masters all along? | 我对马斯特斯的看法一直是对的 |
[41:23] | She had me when she called you a coward. | 她说你畏缩的时候我就打定主意要她了 |
[41:26] | You heading out? | 出去玩玩 |
[41:27] | I have to work late. | 我得加班 |
[41:30] | Gloating requires a lot of paperwork. | 不是光得意就行的 还得处理一大推文件 |
[41:41] | Thank you, New Jersey | 感谢新泽西州人民 |
[41:43] | for reelecting me to the United States senate. | 再次选举我成为州议员 |
[41:49] | We ran a positive campaign, | 这是一次积极的竞选 |
[41:51] | a campaign about the dire issues facing this great nation. | 一次直面国家内忧外患的竞选 |
[41:57] | There are many people who gave their all | 许多人不遗余力 |
[41:59] | for this campaign. | 支持这次竞选 |
[42:01] | But there is one person | 但有一个人 |
[42:02] | that stands out among them. | 付出最多 |
[42:06] | My beautiful wife, Loretta. | 她就是我美丽的妻子洛蕾塔 |
[42:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[42:18] | Do you know where the senator’s records are? | 你知道参议员的病例保存在哪吗 |
[42:21] | House was treating Anderson’s campaign manager, | 豪斯治疗的是安德森的竞选经理人 |
[42:23] | not the senator himself. | 不是参议员本人 |
[42:24] | Why did you think he was the patient? | 为什么你会以为参议员是他的患者 |
[42:27] | House saw him in the clinic. | 豪斯在门诊会见了他 |
[42:28] | I guess it wasn’t medical. | 看来不是医疗方面的 |
[42:30] | When? | 什么时候 |
[42:31] | Friday. Around 3. | 周五 三点左右 |
[42:35] | House’s team ran a Hep C test on Joe Dugan on Friday. | 豪斯小组周五给乔·杜根做了丙肝测试 |
[42:38] | Can you look up the time? | 你能查下具体时间吗 |
[42:42] | Chase, Taub, and Foreman were running tests all night. | 奇斯 陶博和福曼整夜都在做测试 |
[42:45] | All negative. | 结果都是阴性 |
[42:49] | Positive test at… | 呈阳性的测试是在 |
[42:51] | 3:17 pm. | 下午3点17分 |
[42:53] | House ran it himself. | 豪斯亲自做的测试 |
[42:56] | Is everything okay? | 没什么问题吧 |
[42:58] | I don’t think so. | 有问题 |