时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | If you don’t know how to use a computer, | 如果你不会用电脑 |
[00:02] | we will teach you here. | 我们可以教你 |
[00:04] | Most jobs require at least basic word processing skills. | 现在大多数工作都要求你会基本的文字处理 |
[00:07] | We try to get you up to 50 words per minute. | 我们尽量使你达到每分钟50字的速度 |
[00:09] | We also have a course in how to talk to someone in an interview. | 我们也提供面试技巧的培训 |
[00:14] | Stuff like | 例如 |
[00:14] | what employers are looking for, | 雇主需要什么样的求职者 |
[00:16] | how to turn negatives into positives. | 如何把劣势转化为优势 |
[00:18] | We can also provide clothes for the interview | 我们还可提供面试用的西服 |
[00:19] | if you need them. | 如果你需要的话 |
[00:20] | People donate shoes and suits all the time. | 一直有人来捐皮鞋和西装 |
[00:23] | Wh-what if I had a history with… | 要是我有 吸毒史 |
[00:26] | with drugs? | 怎么办 |
[00:27] | That is nothing to be ashamed of. | 没什么好难为情的 |
[00:30] | Many of our clients have struggled with addiction, | 我们许多客户都与毒品斗争过 |
[00:32] | and, if you want to get clean, we’ll help you do that. | 如果你想戒毒 我们会帮你 |
[00:35] | And what if I have a kid? | 我有小孩怎么办 |
[00:36] | No one to help you? | 没人能帮你照看吗 |
[00:39] | You know, if I need someone to watch her | 要是我上课或是面试时 |
[00:40] | while I’m in class or, uh, on an interview. | 需要人看着她 |
[00:43] | Could you help with that? | 你能帮我吗 |
[00:45] | We do not provide child care. | 我们不提供幼儿托管服务 |
[00:47] | Actually, it’s something that comes up often. | 事实上 很多人都有这种要求 |
[00:49] | I would love to be able to do it. | 我很希望能帮上忙 |
[00:52] | I just don’t have the resources. | 但我真的没有资源 |
[00:54] | But it’s definitely on the wish list. | 不过我们一直想解决这个问题 |
[00:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:58] | Okay, uh, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[01:00] | I’ll be back. | 我会再来 |
[01:02] | Oh, I have to take this. | 哦 我得接这个电话 |
[01:03] | Yes, please come back, and we’ll get you started. | 好的 请再过来 我们就为你安排 |
[01:06] | It was nice to meet you, Benjamin. | 很高兴认识你 本杰明 |
[01:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:09] | Hey, Oscar. | 奥斯卡 |
[01:11] | Agh! Oh, that is too bad. | 哦 那太糟了 |
[01:14] | Did they tell you why? | 他们告诉你原因了吗 |
[01:27] | Well, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[01:27] | Sometimes, you just don’t get the job, but… | 有时 你和那份工作没缘分 但是 |
[01:30] | Oscar, I gotta call you back. | 奥斯卡 我回头打给你 |
[01:34] | 收款人 凤凰基金会 一百万美元 | |
[01:42] | Benjamin! | 本杰明 |
[01:44] | Benjamin, wait! | 本杰明 等等 |
[01:51] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[02:02] | Somebody call an ambulance! | 来人啊 叫救护车 |
[03:07] | Why am I watching you cut your hair? | 我看你理发是为了什么 |
[03:10] | If I do it at home, | 如果我在家弄 |
[03:11] | I’m the one who has to clean it up. | 就得我自己打扫 |
[03:13] | Does a friend watch you where it’s happening, and wonder why? | 有朋友在看你自己理发时感到好奇的吗 |
[03:18] | New life, new look. | 新生活 新面貌 |
[03:21] | Does that mean you like your new life? | 那是不是意味着 你喜欢你的新生活 |
[03:24] | If you’re asking if your job is safe, | 如果你是问你会不会丢掉工作 |
[03:26] | that depends on what you have to say about the file you’re holding. | 那得看你对你手中的病例有何说法 |
[03:29] | It doesn’t seem like much of a case. | 看起来不太像是疑难杂症 |
[03:32] | Although, I’m sure I’m wrong. | 尽管 我肯定是错的 |
[03:34] | You are. Tell my why. | 确实 告诉我为什么 |
[03:36] | Guy collapsed after being on his feet for hours | 这家伙没吃早饭 在大热天 |
[03:38] | on a hot day without breakfast… | 徒步数小时后晕倒 |
[03:41] | So that’s really weird. | 还真是匪夷所思 |
[03:42] | E.R. found nothing wrong. | 急症室没发现什么问题 |
[03:44] | Then I decided I should test his wallet. | 然后我决定 我该检查下他的钱包 |
[03:47] | He’s rich? | 他很有钱 |
[03:48] | That’s why we’re taking the case? | 那就是我们接这病例的原因吗 |
[03:49] | No, we’re taking the case because no one knows | 不 我们接这病例是因为没人知道 |
[03:51] | what’s wrong with him. | 他得了什么病 |
[03:52] | And he’s rich. | 外加他很有钱 |
[03:57] | Dr. Adams. | 亚当斯医生 |
[04:00] | Give her the file. | 给她病历 |
[04:01] | This is my only copy. | 我只有这一份 |
[04:04] | My M.O. depends upon the use of a team. | 我的工作方式依赖于一个团队 |
[04:07] | Definitionally, that involves… | 当然 那就需要 |
[04:09] | more than one person. | 不止一个人 |
[04:10] | So I really have no choice. Give her the file. | 所以我别无选择 给她病历 |
[04:13] | You can’t afford a team. | 你雇不起一个团队 |
[04:14] | Adams is free. | 亚当斯是免费的[有空] |
[04:16] | And I’m referring both to her availability | 我说的是她既有空 |
[04:18] | and her price tag. | 又不花钱 |
[04:20] | New girl, meet newer girl, and vice versa. | 新来的 见见早来的 反之亦然 |
[04:24] | You said we were meeting for coffee. | 你说的是 我们喝杯咖啡 |
[04:26] | Well, when someone asks if you want coffee, | 当有人邀请你喝咖啡 |
[04:28] | they obviously don’t just mean coffee. | 很明显 是有潜台词的 |
[04:31] | Wait…did you think I was referring to sex? | 等等 你不会以为我指做爱吧 |
[04:34] | Would you shut the blinds on your way out? | 出去时能拉上百叶窗吗 |
[04:36] | I thought you were referring to talking. | 我以为你是想谈谈 |
[04:39] | Talking about medicine. | 聊医学 |
[04:40] | Specifically, as it refers to the guy | 准确说来 咱们来聊聊 |
[04:42] | whose name is on the file she still hasn’t handed you. | 那份病历上的病人 而她到现在还没给你 |
[04:46] | I’m not working, House. | 我不干 豪斯 |
[04:47] | I’m in the process of looking for a paying job. | 我在找一份有薪酬的工作 |
[04:49] | In the meantime, there’s no way | 同时 像你这样 |
[04:51] | a do-gooder like you has been volunteering | 爱做好事的人 肯定不会 |
[04:52] | all over town– | 满大街跑 |
[04:54] | ladling kittens, spaying soup… | 到处喂猫施舍吧 |
[04:56] | There is a free clinic in Trenton. | 在特伦顿有家免费诊所 |
[04:59] | Well, think of this as today’s free clinic. | 今天把这看成免费诊所吧 |
[05:01] | Only with fewer bums with herpes. | 只不过得疱疹的流浪汉少点 |
[05:03] | I don’t think we actually have much of a case. | 我觉得我们手上这个不算病例 |
[05:05] | I think it’s just dehydration. | 我认为不过是脱水 |
[05:10] | What happened the last time | 上次另一个医生 |
[05:10] | another doctor told you I was wrong about a case? | 告诉你我判断有误时 结果如何 |
[05:13] | I lost my job. | 我丢了工作 |
[05:15] | You saved a life. | 你救了一条命 |
[05:20] | Is an ultrasound really necessary? | 有必要做B超检查吗 |
[05:22] | I’m feeling much better now. | 我现在感觉好多了 |
[05:24] | Oh, a sudden collapse at your age | 你这年纪突然晕倒 |
[05:25] | can indicate a deterioration of the heart muscle. | 可能是心肌退变 |
[05:27] | Pretty serious condition. | 很严重的病 |
[05:29] | It can also just be dehydration. | 也可能只是脱水 |
[05:32] | Next time, you could probably drop the undercover act. | 下次 你其实不必布衣打扮 |
[05:36] | I walk in in a suit, | 我要是西装革履走进去 |
[05:37] | and they’re gonna put their best foot forward. | 他们会全力表现出最好的一面 |
[05:40] | Also, I don’t own a suit. | 再说 我也没有西装 |
[05:42] | You give away millions and you don’t own a suit? | 你捐了百万美金 自己却连西装也没有 |
[05:45] | I gave those away too. | 也都捐掉了 |
[05:47] | One day, I was writing a check to my landscaper, | 有一天 我给庭院设计师开支票 |
[05:50] | and it suddenly hit me– | 突然有了觉悟 |
[05:51] | $6,000 to take out plants and put in different plants. | 六千美金就为挪走花草 种批新的 |
[05:55] | So I can look at them. | 这样我就能享眼福了 |
[05:57] | Shouldn’t I use that money to do something important? | 难道不该把钱花到更有意义的事上吗 |
[06:00] | And by money, | 你提到钱 |
[06:01] | you mean all your money. | 你指的是你所有的钱啊 |
[06:03] | I started with 10 million, | 我一开始捐一千万 |
[06:05] | and I couldn’t think of a reason not to give 20, | 随后一想何不捐两千万呢 |
[06:08] | or 40. | 或四千万 |
[06:12] | I figure I could live off $25,000 a year. | 我想我一年两万五就够花了 |
[06:14] | One-room apartment, | 住单卧的公寓 |
[06:15] | bus pass, thrift stores, | 出门坐公交 买东西上旧货店 |
[06:17] | bare necessities. | 就买一些必需品 |
[06:18] | I still have my software company, | 软件公司依旧是我的 |
[06:21] | and when I make more, I’ll give that way too. | 等我挣更多的钱 我会继续捐 |
[06:24] | – He’s nuts. – He’s generous. | -这家伙疯了 -他只是慷慨而已 |
[06:26] | There’s a neurological issue. | 他神经系统出了问题 |
[06:28] | He’s getting rid of everything. | 要把所有东西都捐了 |
[06:29] | His echocardiogram is negative for cardiomyopathy. | 他的超声心动图显示他没有心肌病 |
[06:32] | Head CT showed no signs of stroke or hemorrhage. | 头部CT没有中风或颅内出血的迹象 |
[06:34] | He has one pair of pants. | 他只有一条裤子 |
[06:36] | Most people with his kind of money | 像他这么有钱的人 一般都会 |
[06:37] | are commissioning oil paintings | 把钱花在约克夏身上 |
[06:39] | of their Yorkshire Terrier. | 给狗也画幅肖像画 |
[06:41] | Benjamin is sacrificing | 本杰明为了帮助别人 |
[06:42] | his own comfort to help others. | 毅然牺牲了自己舒适的生活 |
[06:44] | That’s because helping others is his yorkie oil painting. | 因为对他来说帮助别人就是种享受 |
[06:47] | That’s good. | 这是高尚的品质 |
[06:48] | Not sick. | 不是有病 |
[06:49] | That’s naive and sick. | 这就是病 太天真了 |
[06:51] | You really want to improve things? | 你要是真的想改变世界 |
[06:52] | You do it through policy. | 还是得从政策上入手 |
[06:53] | This guy empties his pockets, what really changes? | 这家伙把钱都捐了 世界能有什么变化呢 |
[06:56] | That’s right, all those babies with AIDS, | 这也对 那些患艾滋病的儿童 |
[06:58] | they’re just using us. | 他们只是在利用我们 |
[06:59] | My parents had $800 between them when they got here. | 我父母刚到这里时身上只有八百块 |
[07:03] | They scraped and borrowed, | 他们节衣缩食 东挪西借 |
[07:04] | so we could go to good schools, | 以供我们上好学校 |
[07:05] | and I worked my ass off. | 而我卖命地工作学习 |
[07:07] | No one gave me a handout. | 从来没人伸手帮过我 |
[07:08] | It makes me work harder. | 这鞭策我更加努力 |
[07:11] | Rebuttal. | 我不同意 |
[07:12] | What’s your evil plan? | 你又在打什么坏主意呢 |
[07:15] | I object to your cynicism. | 我对你的官腔表示抗议 |
[07:16] | It’s been earned. | 这是我努力争来的职位 |
[07:17] | That’s what I object to. | 我就是要抗议这个 |
[07:19] | The new dean of medicine has an ethical obligation | 新院长应该有广阔的胸怀 |
[07:21] | to come in with a completely open mind | 对每一名员工 |
[07:22] | about all employees. | 都有一颗包容的心 |
[07:24] | Thus letting me blithely run roughshod | 所以就让我随心所欲一下 |
[07:26] | for at least four weeks. | 至少四个礼拜吧 |
[07:27] | My theory is that you’re running a battery of tests | 我想你是打算给他安排一堆检查 |
[07:29] | to convince him that you saved his life, | 让他相信是你救了他的命 之后忽悠他 |
[07:31] | then con him into funding you to hire back your team. | 让他出资把你原来的团队都雇回来 |
[07:33] | What? | 你说啥 |
[07:34] | Your old team? | 你以前的团队 |
[07:35] | What? | 你说啥 |
[07:37] | This is your new reality. | 接受现实吧 |
[07:38] | You’ve got your office. | 你有你自己的办公室 |
[07:39] | You’ve got neighbors. | 现在还有邻居 |
[07:40] | You’ve got one employee, one volunteer. | 你手下有一名雇员 一名志愿者 |
[07:42] | until she finds actual paid work, | 直到她找到一份有工资的工作 |
[07:43] | or gets sick of you. | 或者实在忍受不了你了 |
[07:44] | I talked to Chase and Taub. | 我和奇斯还有陶博谈过了 |
[07:46] | They’re willing to come back. | 他们愿意回来 |
[07:48] | What about Thirteen? | 那十三呢 |
[07:49] | Not a good choice. | 她就算了吧 |
[07:51] | She’s not long term because she has no long term. | 她活不长了 所以她不是长久之计 |
[07:56] | Not taking your calls? | 她不接你电话 是吧 |
[07:58] | She will. | 她会接的 |
[08:00] | Discharge the patient. | 让那病人出院 |
[08:01] | Unexplained loss of consciousness | 他的昏厥无法解释 |
[08:03] | could be cardiomyopathy, | 有可能是心肌病 |
[08:05] | global anoxia, subarachnoid hemorrhage– | 大脑缺氧 蛛网膜下腔出血… |
[08:07] | Dehydration. | 或者就是脱水 |
[08:08] | He was given fluids, and he got better. | 他打过点滴了 而且已经好转了 |
[08:10] | And I’m sure your tests have come up negative | 而且我敢说检查结果显示 他是健康的 |
[08:11] | or you would have shut me up already, | 要不你早让我闭嘴了 |
[08:13] | which means he goes home. | 这就是说他可以回家了 |
[08:17] | There is a symptom… | 还有一个病征 |
[08:19] | extreme altruism. | 他极其慷慨 |
[08:25] | You’ve got two choices, House. | 你现在有两条路 豪斯 |
[08:27] | You can recognize that your patient | 你可以承认你的病人 |
[08:29] | is just a very nice, healthy guy, | 是一个健康的好人 |
[08:31] | and send him home, | 然后送他回家 |
[08:32] | or you can consider altruism a symptom, | 或者你把慷慨当做一种病征 |
[08:35] | in which case, you cannot take his money. | 这样 你也不能要他的钱 |
[08:42] | Send him home, | 让他出院吧 |
[08:44] | and check with admitting | 然后再查查 |
[08:45] | for the net worth of all new patients. | 所有新入院病人的身家 |
[08:59] | I’m not coming back, House. | 我不会回来的 豪斯 |
[09:04] | Technically, you’re back right now. | 严谨点说 你现在就已经回来了 |
[09:09] | I need you to stop calling me. | 你别再给我打电话了 |
[09:11] | First 17 messages were cute, but– | 头十七条留言挺感人的 但… |
[09:13] | I’m putting the band back together. | 我要重组咱们的团队 |
[09:15] | Interesting that you never showed up at my place, | 鉴于你从来没有来过我家 |
[09:18] | what with your love of annoying me | 用诚挚的邀请来烦我 |
[09:19] | and your inability to take no for an answer. | 而且你不接受拒绝 这挺有意思 |
[09:22] | I’m guessing ankle monitor. | 我猜你脚踝上有追踪器 |
[09:28] | Guilty as charged, | 我罪有应得 |
[09:31] | literally. | 真的 |
[09:33] | I’m not a doctor anymore, House. | 我已经不是医生了 豪斯 |
[09:36] | The job went away, but not the profession. | 工作是没了 但不至于放弃这个职业啊 |
[09:40] | You look healthy, so… | 你看着挺健康的 那么… |
[09:42] | that’s not it. | 肯定不是身体原因 |
[09:45] | You met a boy, | 你有男朋友了 |
[09:46] | or a girl. | 或是女朋友 |
[09:48] | Fall in love, wanna be happy. | 你们俩相爱 想过幸福的生活 |
[09:50] | You decided to… enjoy what time you have left. | 你决定好好享受你剩下的时光 |
[09:55] | You’re going to Thailand. | 你要去泰国 |
[10:00] | Girl. | 是女朋友 |
[10:01] | And Mykonos. | 我们打算去米科诺斯 |
[10:05] | Turns out I like boring. | 其实我喜欢平平淡淡的生活 |
[10:07] | No, you wanna like boring. | 不对 你是想过平淡的生活 |
[10:09] | But if you actually liked boring, | 但如果你真的喜欢平淡的生活 |
[10:10] | you would have figured that out in fifth grade, | 你在五年级时就应该知道了 |
[10:12] | when you were bored. | 因为那时你就很平淡 |
[10:13] | Please stop calling me. | 别再给我打电话了 |
[10:18] | No. | 不 |
[10:21] | You showed up | 你专程跑来 |
[10:23] | to tell me that you don’t want to hear from me. | 告诉我 不想我再打扰你 |
[10:24] | That’s a mixed signal. | 你言行不一致啊 |
[10:27] | I will choose to listen to your actions | 我更愿意相信你的行动 |
[10:28] | rather than your words. | 而不是你说的话 |
[10:30] | They’re more honest. | 行动不会撒谎 |
[10:38] | I’m a little confused. | 我有点糊涂了 |
[10:40] | The test is designed to determine if you’re– | 此项测试是用于检测你是否 |
[10:42] | No, I mean your running a test | 不 我是奇怪即要给我做检测 |
[10:44] | and discharging me. | 却又要让我出院 |
[10:45] | Was I dehydrated or not? | 我到底是不是脱水呢 |
[10:47] | I think so. | 我觉得是的 |
[10:49] | But, out of an abundance of caution, | 但是 出于安全考虑 |
[10:51] | my colleague has taken it upon herself | 我的同事自愿为你 |
[10:52] | to do one more test. | 多做一项检测 |
[10:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:58] | You scare me a little. | 你让我觉得有点害怕 |
[11:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:04] | I’ve been considering | 我打算申请做 |
[11:06] | applying to doctors without borders. | 无国界医生 |
[11:07] | Going overseas a while, | 去国外待一段时间 |
[11:08] | and that seems like a huge sacrifice. | 对我来说这是很大的牺牲 |
[11:11] | But…you– | 但…你 |
[11:12] | You don’t scare her. | 你不是让她害怕 |
[11:13] | You make her feel guilty. | 你让她心有愧疚 |
[11:16] | Oh, you… | 你 |
[11:18] | you like your life that way it is. | 你喜欢你的生活方式罢了 |
[11:20] | Most people give the minimum they have to give | 大多数人会尽不放弃身外之物 |
[11:22] | so they can enjoy what they have left. | 以便能享受到更多 |
[11:23] | I guess my minimum is just… | 我想我的捐赠底线 |
[11:26] | higher than most. | 比大多数人高很多吧 |
[11:27] | Complete recruitment and interference pattern. | 募集反应相和干扰相均正常 |
[11:30] | His leg muscles are fine. | 他的腿部肌肉没问题 |
[11:32] | I feel, uh, funny. | 我觉得有点不舒服 |
[11:34] | Where? | 哪里 |
[11:35] | My chest. | 胸口 |
[11:36] | You’re tachycardic. | 你心动过速 |
[11:37] | Your heart’s beating too fast. | 你心跳太快了 |
[11:39] | Unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[11:49] | Patient got tachycardic to 185. | 病人心动过速 185跳/分 |
[11:51] | We pushed 18 milligrams adenosine. | 我们给他静脉推注了18毫克腺苷 |
[11:54] | There’s definitely something wrong with him. | 他身体肯定有问题 |
[11:56] | Which is awesome. | 太好了 |
[11:57] | Now there’s something to cure, | 有病症要医治 |
[11:59] | which means there’s something to be | 也就意味着我们能得到 |
[12:01] | disproportionately financially grateful for. | 不成比例的经济回报 |
[12:04] | Morning. | 早安 |
[12:05] | Got you a coffee. | 给你买咖啡了 |
[12:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[12:08] | Arrhythmia could easily have caused the collapse | 心律失常很可能是 |
[12:10] | that landed Father Teresa in here in the first place. | 造成这位”圣父”晕倒的最初原因 |
[12:14] | Oh, that’s fine. Keep it. | 没事 我请客 |
[12:16] | We looked at his heart yesterday, | 我们昨天检查过他的心脏 |
[12:17] | didn’t see any structural abnormalities. | 并没有发现任何结构异常 |
[12:19] | I’m thinking Occult long QT syndrome? | 我在想是不是长QT间期综合征呢 |
[12:21] | What about Whipple’s? | 会不会是惠普尔综合征呢 |
[12:23] | If it was Whipple’s, | 若是惠普尔综合征 |
[12:24] | there’d be some kind of neurological involvement. | 那就应该会出现神经症状 |
[12:25] | You don’t think defying human nature is neurological? | 难道你觉得与人性相违背的行为不算吗 |
[12:27] | Racing heart: medical condition. | 心动过速 医学症状 |
[12:29] | Bleeding heart: stupid condition. | 滴血的心脏 愚蠢的象征 |
[12:31] | Are you saying that because you believe it, | 你这么说是因为你是这么认为的 |
[12:33] | or because it’s in your financial best interest | 还是因为认为他的慷慨并非一时兴起 |
[12:36] | to think his generosity isn’t just temporary? | 有助于你骗取他的钱财呢 |
[12:38] | I’m told that some people are just nice. | 有人告诉我 有些人就是好人 |
[12:41] | I’m trying to embrace that wisdom. | 我在试着接受这一真理 |
[12:44] | Benjamin’s been taking allergy medication | 过去的几周里 |
[12:46] | the last few weeks. | 本杰明在服用抗过敏药 |
[12:47] | Long QT syndrome can be medication-induced. | 长QT间期综合征可能是由药物导致的 |
[12:49] | Flush him with saline, get rid of the antihistamines, | 给他用大剂量补液 以清除体内抗组胺药物 |
[12:51] | then do an EKG. | 然后做心电图 |
[12:54] | No, wait. I’ll do the flushing. | 等等 我去做冲洗吧 |
[12:57] | Take the damn $2.00. | 收下那两美元 |
[12:59] | She hasn’t even sipped the coffee. | 那杯咖啡她连一口都没有碰 |
[13:04] | I just got so angry. You know? | 我非常生气 你知道吗 |
[13:07] | So I made a terrible mistake. | 我犯了个严重的错误 |
[13:10] | Now I’m trying to start my life over. | 现在我试着开始新的生活 |
[13:13] | To help people the way I always wanted. | 像我一直希望的那样 去帮助他人 |
[13:16] | But my department got defunded, and… | 但我的部门预算被缩减 |
[13:19] | it’s my fault. | 错在我 |
[13:22] | Just can’t stand to think of all those patients | 因为我没有资源来发挥自己的特长 |
[13:24] | going untreated because I don’t have the resources | 而使得那些病人无法获得救治 |
[13:27] | to do my best work. | 这让我难以忍受 |
[13:31] | How about I help you out? | 我来帮你怎样 |
[13:33] | How do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[13:36] | I’ll give $1 million as an endowment to the hospital, | 我会给医院捐赠一百万美元 |
[13:38] | earmarked for diagnostics. | 并注明是捐赠给诊断科的 |
[13:45] | I am an opportunistic ex-con | 我这个投机主义前科犯 |
[13:47] | who just gave you a two-minute sob story | 才给你讲了两分钟我的悲催经历 |
[13:50] | as step three in my master plan, | 这才是我伟大计划的第三步 |
[13:52] | and you’ve offered me $1 million, | 你就答应要给我一百万美元了 |
[13:55] | which is step 17. | 都已经是第十七步了 |
[13:59] | Is that bad? | 这样不好吗 |
[14:03] | Ethics are not my strong suit. | 我从来不是个遵循道义的人 |
[14:08] | Hypothetical– | 假设 |
[14:09] | If I’m offered oral sex from a sexaholic, | 如果一个性欲狂要为我口交 |
[14:12] | do I have to decline? | 我要拒绝吗 |
[14:14] | Don’t answer yet. | 先别回答 |
[14:15] | Saying no will cause both of us pain. | 拒绝的话 我们俩都痛苦 |
[14:18] | Saying yes will cause both of us pleasure. | 答应的话 我们俩都欲仙欲死 |
[14:20] | You can’t take sex from a sexaholic. | 你不能利用性欲狂获得性 |
[14:22] | You can’t give booze to an alcoholic, | 你不能给酗酒者提供酒 |
[14:24] | and you can’t take this guy’s money. | 你也不能接受这家伙的钱 |
[14:26] | Could be wrong about the symptom. | 可能症状诊断错了 |
[14:28] | I’m wrong all the time. | 我一直在犯错 |
[14:29] | Taking money from a sick person | 接受病患的钱 |
[14:30] | is ethically suspect at best. | 从道义上来说是说不过去的 |
[14:33] | What is this, Canada? | 难道我们在加拿大吗 |
[14:34] | All we do is take money from sick people. | 我们的所作所为就是赚病人的钱 |
[14:36] | We work for it. | 我们为此工作 |
[14:37] | I’m working! | 我就是在工作啊 |
[14:39] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[14:41] | $20. | 二十美元 |
[14:43] | Well, what if it was? | 如果真的是二十呢 |
[14:44] | It’s the same principle. | 原则是一样的啊 |
[14:46] | $20, $1 million… what’s the difference? | 二十还是一百万有什么差别呢 |
[14:48] | Actually, the difference is pretty much $1 million. | 实际上 差别就有一百万那么大 |
[14:52] | He came up with the figure, not me. | 是他开的价 不是我 |
[14:55] | Crap. | 糟糕 |
[14:56] | Got a patient with end stage renal disease. | 我有个终末期肾衰病人 |
[15:00] | Her heart can’t support dialysis. | 她的心脏承受不了透析 |
[15:01] | She needs a transplant, but… | 她需要移植 但是 |
[15:04] | you tuned out as soon as it stopped being about you, | 只要谈论与你无关的事 你就神游了 |
[15:05] | didn’t you? | 是吧 |
[15:07] | – What? – I gotta go. | -什么 -我要走了 |
[15:08] | It’s all moot. | 都是悬而未决啊 |
[15:10] | Patient probably has long QT. | 病人可能患有长QT间期综合征 |
[15:12] | Probably just a really, really decent person. | 也可能他就是个很热心肠的人 |
[15:15] | They exist, right? | 这样的人是存在的吧 |
[15:16] | You can’t take the money, House. | 你不能接受这钱 豪斯 |
[15:19] | Is long QT bad? | 长QT间期综合征不好吗 |
[15:22] | It’s a tough thing to control. | 这种病很难控制 |
[15:25] | Is there someone you want me to call? | 要我帮你打电话给什么人吗 |
[15:28] | There’s someone I would like to call. | 我是有想找的人 |
[15:31] | She’s the same person who won’t take my calls. | 但她正好是不会理我的人 |
[15:35] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[15:38] | When I started giving away the money, I– | 我开始捐献财产后 |
[15:42] | I hoped she’d want to do it with me. | 我曾希望她愿意跟我一起 |
[15:44] | She didn’t. | 但她没有 |
[15:48] | I miss them. | 我想他们 |
[15:51] | I have two little boys. | 我有两个儿子 |
[15:56] | Having a family doesn’t exempt me | 但即使有了家庭 |
[15:58] | from social responsibility. | 我也必须承担社会责任 |
[15:59] | But family comes first. | 但家庭第一 |
[16:01] | It should. | 没错 |
[16:03] | I know that sounds weird, but… | 我知道这样说很怪 但… |
[16:06] | someone who’s related to you, | 你的亲人 |
[16:07] | does that empirically make them more special? | 难道就比其他人特别吗 |
[16:10] | More deserving than anyone else? | 难道就应该得到更多吗 |
[16:11] | Yes, it gives you a responsibility. | 是啊 家庭是你的责任 |
[16:14] | My boys have a roof over their heads. | 我儿子有地方住 |
[16:16] | They’re not starving. | 有东西吃 |
[16:21] | I pay court-ordered child support, | 我按法院要求 付子女抚养费 |
[16:23] | and, frankly, it’s… | 老实说这笔钱 |
[16:25] | more than they need. | 远超他们生活所需 |
[16:27] | I love them more than anything, I just… | 世上我最爱的就是他们 |
[16:31] | I can’t justify buying video games and private schools | 但供他们上私立学校 买游戏机 |
[16:34] | when other people’s children are starving. | 对其他挨饿的孩子来说太不公平 |
[16:39] | I hope, one day, they’ll understand that. | 希望有一天 他们能理解 |
[16:43] | Your hands are trembling. | 你的手在颤抖 |
[16:45] | Is it the electrodes? | 是因为电极吗 |
[16:46] | Are you in pain? | 你痛不痛 |
[16:47] | No. | 不痛 |
[16:49] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[16:50] | I’m not sure, but it’s not what we thought it was. | 我不确定 但显然我们之前想错了 |
[16:57] | So…arrhythmia, | 心律不齐 |
[16:59] | fainting, muscle tremors. | 昏厥 肌颤 |
[17:01] | Plus, unfortunately, mental changes. | 加上 不幸的 精神改变 |
[17:08] | I still don’t think it’s neurological. | 我还是认为不是神经问题 |
[17:11] | God bless you. | 上帝保佑你 |
[17:12] | He lost his wife and kids | 他失去了妻子和孩子 |
[17:14] | ’cause he couldn’t stop giving money away. | 因为他不肯停止捐赠 |
[17:16] | He lost his wife because she couldn’t | 他妻子离开是因为 |
[17:17] | accept not being filthy rich. | 她无法接受不做阔太太的日子 |
[17:20] | She’s not drinking the coffee either. | 她也不喝那杯咖啡 |
[17:22] | Drink it, don’t drink it. | 喝 不喝 |
[17:24] | The point is, I gave it to you, | 重点是 我已经给你了 |
[17:25] | So we’re even. | 所以我们扯平 |
[17:28] | Even? | 扯平 |
[17:29] | It was a gift. | 那只是份礼物 |
[17:30] | An insignificant token. | 意思意思而已 |
[17:31] | There was nothing owed. | 没什么欠不欠的 |
[17:33] | That was the whole point. | 这就是重点 |
[17:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:37] | Yeah, why? | 对 为什么 |
[17:39] | She’s the crazy one. | 她才是不正常的那个 |
[17:41] | So a guy gives everything away to strangers: sane. | 把所有东西都捐出去的人 是圣人 |
[17:45] | Girl who doesn’t want anything from a stranger is crazy. | 不接受陌生人东西的女孩 是疯子 |
[17:48] | You’re not a stranger. | 你不是陌生人 |
[17:50] | And your perverse view of the world | 你这种消极的世界观 |
[17:52] | is making you force a neurological component | 导致你硬要把 |
[17:53] | onto an obviously cardiological– | 明显的心脏病症说成神经问题… |
[17:56] | Your parents didn’t love you enough. | 你父母不够爱你 |
[17:57] | So you need to prove your superiority. | 所以你想证明你高人一等 |
[18:00] | Or they love you too much, | 或者他们太溺爱你 |
[18:01] | So you need to prove your humility. | 所以你想表现你很谦卑 |
[18:03] | Or it’s just rich guilt. | 或只是富人的内疚感 |
[18:05] | I’m betting on the last one. | 我押最后一个 |
[18:10] | There’s a whole list of drugs | 有一大堆的药物 |
[18:11] | that could have caused his symptoms. | 可能引起他的症状 |
[18:13] | I doubt the guy would spend money on drugs | 我怀疑他是否会花钱买药 |
[18:14] | when there are orphans out there without cable. | 还有那么多孤儿没电视看呢 |
[18:17] | Anyway, he’d be getting better right now, | 总之 他现在已经有所好转 |
[18:18] | not worse. | 没有恶化 |
[18:19] | Could be polyarteritis nodosa. | 可能是结节性多动脉炎 |
[18:21] | That comes with a rash. | 那会出皮疹 |
[18:25] | Echovirus. | 埃可病毒 |
[18:26] | Virus, virus, virus, virus… | 可病毒 病毒 毒 |
[18:28] | Fits his physical symptoms. | 和他身体症状相符 |
[18:30] | And could, | 而且可能 |
[18:32] | but doesn’t necessarily cause personality changes. | 但不一定会引起人格改变 |
[18:35] | Works for everyone? | 都同意吗 |
[18:37] | Start him on antivirals. | 开始抗病毒治疗 |
[18:39] | And, Adams… | 亚当斯 |
[18:41] | when you treat, | 如果你给他治病 |
[18:42] | and he gets better, | 把他治好了 |
[18:44] | and doesn’t give Bob Cratchit Christmas Day off, | 就变身为万恶的资本家 |
[18:46] | you owe me a coffee. | 你就欠我一杯咖啡 |
[18:50] | Click the third tab from the left | 点左边第三个标签 |
[18:53] | and find the box that says “previous entries.” | 找到标有”以往病例”的地方 |
[18:55] | You get a drop-down menu sorted by patient name | 会展开按病人姓名和部门排序的 |
[18:57] | and department. | 下拉菜单 |
[18:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:00] | Appreciate your help. | 感谢你的帮助 |
[19:01] | You’re gonna read too much into this, aren’t you? | 我这么帮你 你又要想多了吧 |
[19:02] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不会 |
[19:04] | We’re gonna fundamentally disagree | 我们就到底什么算”想多” |
[19:05] | about what it means to read too much into this, | 有着完全不同的定义 |
[19:07] | aren’t we? | 不是吗 |
[19:08] | Yes, absolutely. | 完全正确 |
[19:11] | Look, I thought about what you said, | 我想过你说的话 |
[19:12] | and I realized you were right. | 我觉得你是对的 |
[19:14] | Great. See you tomorrow morning. | 很好 明早见 |
[19:16] | No, you won’t. | 不 不会 |
[19:18] | Afternoon? | 下午见吗 |
[19:19] | I can’t think of another interpretation. | 我想不出其它意思了 |
[19:21] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[19:22] | Look, I’m not sure | 我不能确定 |
[19:23] | what you were trying to achieve. | 你到底想要干什么 |
[19:24] | I’m never quite sure. | 我从来没确定过 |
[19:25] | But you were actually a friend to me | 但在我需要帮助时 |
[19:27] | when I needed it. | 你算得上是我朋友 |
[19:29] | I don’t wanna come back to work for you. | 我不想回来为你工作 |
[19:31] | But I was wrong to try to push you out of my life. | 但我不应该和你断绝联系 |
[19:36] | Everything has gone blue. | 电脑出现蓝屏了 |
[19:39] | That’s not supposed to happen, right? | 这不是正常现象吧 |
[19:42] | Stay there. I’m comin’. | 等着别动 我来了 |
[19:45] | No…you don’t have to do that. | 不 你不用来的 |
[19:46] | Although, if you did come, | 不过 如果你要来 |
[19:48] | maybe you could swing by the Hunan Palace | 也许你可以去下湖南天堂 |
[19:50] | and get some Lo Mein and a Szechuan Beef. | 给我带点捞面和四川牛肉 |
[19:52] | That is six miles out of my way. | 那离我家有六英里 |
[19:54] | Oh, okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[19:56] | Guess I’ll get something from the hospital cafeteria, | 看来我只好从医院食堂买吃的了 |
[19:58] | which is where I get all my meals | 也就是我吃每顿饭的地方 |
[19:59] | since I can’t go anywhere. | 因为我哪儿也去不了 |
[20:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:03] | I’ll get the food. | 我会帮你带食物的 |
[20:04] | You’re a peach. | 你真是个小可爱 |
[20:10] | I started the last round of pleconaril. | 我刚开始做最后一轮普来可那立治疗 |
[20:12] | Can you do me a favor? | 你能帮我个忙吗 |
[20:15] | A favor? | 一个忙吗 |
[20:21] | You want me to return these? | 你想让我把它们退回去吗 |
[20:23] | Give them to someone? | 还是捐给别人 |
[20:24] | Wear them while you masturbate? | 还是在你自慰的时候穿着它们 |
[20:28] | I…want you to have them. | 我想把它们送给你 |
[20:30] | That’s not a favor. | 这可不是帮忙 |
[20:32] | It was a two-for-one sale. I couldn’t resist. | 是买二送一的活动 我没忍住 |
[20:34] | I need to justify buying them. | 我就是想找个借口买下来 |
[20:36] | They’re $120. | 它们可值一百二十美刀呢 |
[20:38] | My car is in the shop. | 我的车还在商店里呢 |
[20:40] | I’m short on cash this month. | 我这个月缺钱 |
[20:42] | I can’t pay you back. | 我承受不起 |
[20:44] | The first pair were $120. | 第一双是一百二十美刀 |
[20:45] | These…were free. | 这双免费 |
[20:49] | You do know I punched | 你应该知道我揍了 |
[20:51] | the last person that pissed me off? | 上一个招惹我的人吧 |
[20:54] | Was it Santa? | 不会是圣诞老人吧 |
[21:11] | What’s your patient’s status? | 你病人的状况怎么样了 |
[21:14] | Better. | 好多了 |
[21:15] | We’re discharging him. | 我们正准备让他出院 |
[21:17] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:21] | Why do you care? | 为什么你会在乎 |
[21:23] | Specifically. | 具体点说 |
[21:25] | Although I’m curious about a general answer too. | 虽然对笼统的回答我也感兴趣 |
[21:27] | Your guy just signed up to donate a kidney | 你的病人刚签署捐赠肾脏的协议 |
[21:29] | to my patient with renal failure. | 捐献给我的肾衰竭病人 |
[21:33] | Did he meet your patient with renal failure? | 他见过你肾衰竭的病人吗 |
[21:35] | No, he heard the nurses talking about her, | 没有 他听见护士们在讨论 |
[21:37] | that she was short on time. | 说我的病人时日不多了 |
[21:41] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[21:42] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[21:43] | House, she really needs this kidney. | 豪斯 她真的需要这个肾脏 |
[21:46] | He’s not better. | 他没有好转 |
[21:47] | His mental status is declining. | 他的精神状况在恶化 |
[21:49] | Or he’s doing an amazing thing | 也可能他只是在为另一个人 |
[21:51] | for another human being. | 做一件伟大的事情 |
[21:53] | I thought it was an ethical no-brainer | 我还以为这是个伦理常识呢 |
[21:54] | that we can’t take stuff from sick people. | 我们不能从病人身上拿东西 |
[21:57] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[22:07] | He’s still sick. | 他还病着呢 |
[22:08] | His symptoms have gone away. | 他的症状已经消失了 |
[22:10] | Not all of them. | 不是所有症状 |
[22:11] | Offering an organ to a stranger | 为陌生人捐献器官 |
[22:13] | is a symptom. | 本身就是一种病的症状 |
[22:14] | A couple dozen people a year | 一年有几十个人 |
[22:15] | make undirected kidney donations. | 进行不定向肾脏捐献 |
[22:17] | Yeah, how many of them are also in the process | 对 但他们中有多少 |
[22:19] | of pauperizing themselves? | 在不断抛弃自己的财富呢 |
[22:20] | If the guy threw himself on a grenade, | 如果这哥们主动在战场牺牲 |
[22:22] | he’d be a hero. | 他就会是个英雄 |
[22:23] | If it saves a life, who cares? | 这能拯救一条生命 你干嘛斤斤计较 |
[22:25] | You do! | 是你斤斤计较 |
[22:26] | Yesterday, when you made the exact opposite argument. | 昨天 你还持完全相反的意见 |
[22:29] | If there’s even a chance I’m right, | 只要我有一丝胜算 |
[22:31] | it’d be dangerous to give his kidney to someone else. | 那让他捐献肾脏就是很危险的 |
[22:33] | More dangerous than complete renal failure? | 比完全肾衰竭还危险吗 |
[22:35] | My patient needs this. | 我的病人需要他的肾脏 |
[22:37] | Now. | 就是现在 |
[22:38] | Why do you wanna give away your kidney? | 你为什么要捐献肾脏 |
[22:40] | There are 70,000 people in this country | 每一年这个国家里有七万人 |
[22:42] | on the active waiting list for a kidney, | 在肾脏移植的等待名单上焦急等待 |
[22:44] | and less than 10,000 dead people a year | 一年只有一万身亡的人 |
[22:45] | to give them one. | 会捐献 |
[22:47] | If only we could kill 60,000 more people a year, | 如果我们每年能杀掉六万多人 |
[22:49] | all would be golden. | 世界将变成美好的人间 |
[22:51] | I’ll give you your money. | 我会给你捐款的 |
[22:52] | See? Crazy. | 看见了吧 他疯了 |
[22:54] | Being a live donor has risks. | 成为活体捐献者有风险 |
[22:56] | I looked it up. | 我查过了 |
[22:57] | The risk is 1 in 4,000 | 风险是四千分之一 |
[22:58] | I could die during surgery, | 我可能在手术过程中死去 |
[22:59] | which means, if I don’t donate, | 也就是说 如果我不捐献肾脏 |
[23:02] | I’m valuing my life at 4,000 times someone else’s. | 我就是认为自己的命比别人珍贵四千倍 |
[23:05] | It’s not like I want to be cut open and | 我并不想被手术刀划开 |
[23:07] | have a part of me taken out. | 被取走一块 |
[23:08] | But I’ve got two, and this woman has none. | 但我有两颗肾脏 那个女人一个也没有 |
[23:11] | She’ll die without it. | 没有肾脏 她会死的 |
[23:12] | Perfectly logical. | 很有逻辑性 |
[23:15] | People with mental deficiency can be logical. | 有精神问题的人也可以有逻辑 |
[23:18] | Just like sane people can be illogical. | 就像疯子可以没有逻辑 |
[23:19] | This kidney thing is the only evidence you have | 肾脏捐献事件是你唯一用来证明 |
[23:21] | that he’s sick. | 他还有病的证据 |
[23:25] | I’m gonna let him be a donor. | 我会同意让他捐献 |
[23:31] | Dr. House, | 豪斯医生 |
[23:32] | It’s not a symptom. | 这不是病症 |
[23:35] | Come back after you’re convinced that I’m healthy, | 等你确信我健康了再回来吧 |
[23:37] | and I will give you your money. | 我会把钱捐献给你的 |
[23:38] | No, you won’t. | 不 你不会的 |
[23:46] | We have time for one more test before we move him. | 在他出院之前我们还有时间做最后一项测试 |
[23:49] | What test? | 什么测试 |
[23:50] | Whatever test will prove | 随便什么测试 只要能证明 |
[23:51] | there was an echovirus-irus-irus, | 他的表现是由埃可病毒可病毒病毒引起的 |
[23:53] | and he’s not cured, obviously. | 现在也没有痊愈 这很明显 |
[23:55] | I’ve been saying all along this could be Whipple’s. | 我一直在说这可能是惠普尔综合症 |
[23:57] | Causes arrhythmia, tremor, | 会引起心律失常 颤抖 |
[23:59] | and mental changes. | 以及精神变化 |
[24:01] | Bad idea. | 不是什么好想法 |
[24:03] | There’s no joint pain. | 他没有关节痛 |
[24:04] | Where’s Adams? | 亚当斯去哪里了 |
[24:05] | We thought the case was over. | 我们以为这例病例已经结束了 |
[24:07] | She has a job interview. | 她有场求职面试 |
[24:13] | Why is she here? | 她为什么在这里呢 |
[24:14] | Cause I called her. | 因为我打电话让她来的 |
[24:16] | Bigger question is why that worked. | 更大的问题是 你为什么会听话 |
[24:19] | I’m here because I have time | 我过来是因为我太闲了 |
[24:21] | and you have a crisis and I– | 而你又遇到棘手的危机状况 |
[24:22] | We’re too busy for rationalizations. | 没时间合理讲述故事了 |
[24:24] | Patient made a big downgrade in his personal life. | 病人抛弃锦衣玉食 |
[24:26] | He’s probably not eating all that healthy. | 他可能吃得不那么健康 |
[24:28] | Magnesium deficiency? | 会是镁缺乏吗 |
[24:30] | Wait until they take him back to his room– | 等他们把他带回房间 |
[24:32] | draw blood, do an expanded electrolyte profile. | 抽血 做个大范围电解质检查 |
[24:36] | No, he hasn’t had | 不用 他没有 |
[24:37] | anxiety or any trouble sleeping. | 焦虑或是失眠 |
[24:38] | I think it’s whipple’s disease. | 我认为是惠普尔综合症 |
[24:39] | Bad idea. He doesn’t have joint pain. | 馊主意 他没有关节痛 |
[24:42] | Joint pain is common, but not definitive. | 关节疼痛虽然是常见症状但并非决定性的 |
[24:44] | Whipple’s explains all of his symptoms, | 惠普尔综合症能够解释其它所有症状 |
[24:46] | including the personality change. | 包括人格改变 |
[24:48] | And it would respond to antibiotics, | 并且会对抗生素有反应 |
[24:49] | which is why he started to feel better. | 这也是为什么他感觉好多了 |
[24:51] | Which doesn’t mean he’s not still sick. | 但这并不意味着他病好了 |
[24:53] | You were right. | 你刚才是对的 |
[24:55] | Counts for nothing if you can’t defend it. | 如果无法为自己的理论辩护就毫无价值 |
[24:57] | Book a procedure room. | 订一间操作室 |
[24:59] | Do an upper endoscopy and run a PCR test for whipple’s. | 做上消化道内窥镜检查并做PCR检测惠普尔综合症 |
[25:05] | Guilt. | 负罪感 |
[25:08] | You feel guilty about leaving. | 你对离去有负罪感 |
[25:10] | Yes, I think that little of you | 没错 你的渺小 |
[25:11] | and that much of me. | 在于我的伟大 |
[25:12] | You’re nothing without me. | 没有我你一无是处 |
[25:13] | Not leaving me. | 不是离开我 |
[25:14] | Leaving humanity. | 而是远离人性 |
[25:16] | I’m going with my girlfriend. | 我是要跟我的女朋友一起 |
[25:19] | The woman I love. | 我的爱人 |
[25:20] | To have fun. | 去享受生活 |
[25:23] | You’re trying to make me feel guilty | 你想让我感到内疚 |
[25:25] | because you’re saving lives here. | 因为你正在这拯救生命 |
[25:26] | And I think that’s great. | 而我认为这很棒 |
[25:27] | I’m proud to have been a part of it, | 我很自豪曾是其中一员 |
[25:29] | but…now… | 但是…现在… |
[25:32] | I just wanna be happy. | 我只想快乐生活 |
[25:34] | Oh…no one’s unhappy in Greece. | 没人会在希腊不愉快的 |
[25:41] | It just appeared in the last few weeks. | 前几周才出现的 |
[25:43] | He’s having trouble holding a pencil in school. | 他在学校都拿不了笔了 |
[25:45] | Does it itch? | 痒吗 |
[25:49] | Do anything different lately? | 最近发生什么不同的事了吗 |
[25:50] | You get a new baseball glove, a new kitten? | 买了新棒球手套或是新装修了厨房吗 |
[25:53] | Well, the neighbors put in a pool, | 我的邻居弄了个游泳池 |
[25:54] | so he’s been spending a lot of time over there. | 他最近总去那 |
[25:56] | But, well, if it was something in the water, | 不过 如果水里有什么的话 |
[25:58] | it would be everywhere, wouldn’t it? | 那应该会到处都是 不是吗 |
[26:05] | It is in the water. | 确实是水里的东西 |
[26:07] | He’s allergic to chlorine? | 他对氯过敏吗 |
[26:08] | No… | 不是… |
[26:10] | He’s allergic to summer lilac. | 他对夏丁香过敏 |
[26:14] | That’s my lotion. | 那是我的润肤露 |
[26:16] | And it’s not in the pool. | 不可能在游泳池里 |
[26:17] | No, it’s on the palms of his hands. | 没错 是在他手掌上 |
[26:21] | In the pool is the neighbor’s daughter. | 那游泳池里的应该是你邻居家的女儿 |
[26:25] | Or the neighbor’s hot wife. | 或是你邻居家的辣妻 |
[26:31] | Here’s some lube. | 这是润滑剂 |
[26:35] | Sorry. Too late for your eyesight. | 不好意思 你的视力是没救了 |
[26:47] | Endoscopy didn’t reveal any lesions | 内窥镜并未在小肠内 |
[26:49] | in the small intestine. | 看到任何病灶 |
[26:50] | I’m running PCR test now. | 我正在做PCR测试 |
[26:55] | Found it in my office. | 在我办公室找到的 |
[26:57] | Appears to be a gift. | 看上去像个礼物 |
[26:59] | That can’t be good. | 不会有好事的 |
[27:01] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:03] | You got her the job interview. | 是你给她找的面试机会 |
[27:04] | And that was supposed to be the end of it. | 本该能结束这一切的 |
[27:06] | I…don’t take charity. | 我…不接受施舍 |
[27:08] | Good for you! You loon. | 对你挺好 你这笨蛋 |
[27:10] | I don’t like owing people things. | 我不喜欢欠别人什么 |
[27:12] | So either you’re so insecure | 你要么就是没安全感 |
[27:15] | that you feel like you need to always have the upper hand, | 让你觉得需要时刻掌握主导权 |
[27:17] | or you’re so arrogant | 要么就是你自尊心过强 |
[27:18] | that the notion of a favor is insulting to you. | 帮你个忙都会冒犯到你 |
[27:21] | Or it’s your family, | 或者是因为你的家庭 |
[27:22] | some kind of immigrant pride thing. | 某种移民情结什么的 |
[27:25] | I’m betting on the last one. | 我打赌是最后一种 |
[27:26] | I just don’t like it. | 我就是不喜欢而已 |
[27:28] | It makes me feel…icky. | 那会让我觉得…有点恶心 |
[27:31] | That’s the reason? Ickiness? | 就这原因吗 恶心 |
[27:34] | You never even tried to analyze this? | 你从没想过分析其中的原因吗 |
[27:36] | It’s even crazier than the gift thing. | 这比那到处送礼的更疯狂 |
[27:39] | House… | 豪斯… |
[27:40] | There’s no sign of tropheryma DNA. | 没有发现惠普尔养障体DNA |
[27:43] | It’s not Whipple’s. | 不是惠普尔综合症 |
[27:48] | Well…we did what we could. | 好吧…能做的都做了 |
[27:56] | You sure you wanna do this? | 你确定要这么做吗 |
[27:58] | Relax. | 放松 |
[28:00] | This is gonna make me very happy. | 对此我甘之如饴 |
[28:19] | Dr. Simpson. | 辛普森医生 |
[28:20] | Heart rate’s 140, pressure’s dropping. | 心率140 血压正在下降 |
[28:22] | Get him adenosine, stat. | 给他腺苷 马上 |
[28:23] | Patient’s unstable. Surgery’s off. | 病人状态不稳定 手术取消 |
[28:30] | Arrhythmia’s back. | 再次出现心律失常 |
[28:31] | He’s on heparin and stable for now, | 他正在用肝素 目前暂时稳定 |
[28:33] | but this could put him at risk | 但这样可能会有 |
[28:34] | for stroke or embolism. | 中风或者血栓的风险 |
[28:35] | Maybe he got bit by a spider. | 也许他被蜘蛛咬了 |
[28:37] | The symptoms can take up to three days to manifest. | 症状可能需要三天时间才能表现出来 |
[28:39] | He’d have localized pain. | 那应该有局部疼痛的症状 |
[28:41] | LCDD? | 轻链沉淀病 |
[28:42] | Almost always hits the kidneys. | 一般都会损伤肾脏 |
[28:45] | Ah, Dr. Foreman. | 福曼医生 |
[28:46] | Perhaps you can help us. | 也许你能帮帮我们 |
[28:47] | I can’t decide whether to take out an “I told you so” Ad | 我拿不定主意是在新英格兰医学杂志上 |
[28:50] | in the New England Journal or stay classy | 做个”我早告诉你了”的广告还是老派一点 |
[28:53] | and just spray-paint it on your car. | 直接把它喷涂在你的车上 |
[28:55] | You’re off the case. | 你不用参与这个病例了 |
[28:57] | That seems like an overreaction. | 这似乎有点反应过度 |
[28:59] | You dosed him. | 你给他下药了 |
[29:01] | Couldn’t stand to lose him as a patient, | 你无法忍受失去他这个病人 |
[29:02] | so you faked his symptom to prove you right. | 因此就伪造症状来证明你是对的 |
[29:04] | That’s idiotic. | 这太白痴了 |
[29:07] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:08] | Don’t apologize. | 不用道歉 |
[29:09] | I don’t know if you’re power crazed or paranoid, | 我不知道你是被权力冲昏了头还是得了妄想症 |
[29:12] | but I know she’s right. | 不过她是对的 |
[29:13] | Two lives are in the balance here. | 这关系到两条人命呢 |
[29:15] | House, I worked for you for seven years. | 豪斯 我为你工作了七年 |
[29:18] | I know how you operate. | 我知道你是怎么行事的 |
[29:19] | So when I see symptoms magically show up | 因此当我看到某种症状在你需要的时候 |
[29:21] | right when you need them– | 奇迹般出现时… |
[29:22] | And I was your boss for seven years. | 我当了你七年的老板 |
[29:24] | And I know what a suspicious, micromanaging hard-ass you are. | 我知道你是怎样一个细心多疑的人 |
[29:27] | Why would I do this now? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[29:29] | Knowing you can send me right back to jail? | 尤其是考虑到你还能把我立刻送回监狱 |
[29:32] | What’d you give him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[29:32] | Nothing! | 什么都没有 |
[29:34] | You can’t prove otherwise. | 反正你也没法证明 |
[29:36] | So why don’t you do the smart thing here? | 那何不做个明智的决定呢 |
[29:40] | You’re off the case. | 你不用参与这个病例了 |
[29:41] | You no longer have access to this patient. | 你不能再接触这个病人 |
[29:47] | You can’t let him do this. | 你不能让他这么做 |
[29:49] | He’s the boss. | 他是老大 |
[29:53] | And he’s right. | 而且他没说错 |
[30:05] | I assume you dosed the patient | 我觉得你是确定 |
[30:06] | because you’re really certain | 病人有神经系统问题 |
[30:08] | he has a neurological condition? | 才给他下的药吧 |
[30:10] | I assume you’re interpreting my actions | 我觉得你把我的行为 |
[30:12] | in the best possible light | 往善意的方面理解 |
[30:14] | ’cause you didn’t get the job? | 是因为你没得到那份工作 |
[30:17] | What’s with you and Park? | 你和朴克之间怎么了 |
[30:19] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[30:22] | I expect my people to lie better than that. | 我希望我的手下说谎也要像个样子 |
[30:26] | Either you’re getting her gifts because | 你送她礼物无非是出于 |
[30:28] | you want her to like you, in which case I don’t like you. | 你想博得她的好感 这很令我厌恶 |
[30:31] | Or you’re getting her gifts to screw with her, | 要么就是想戏弄她 |
[30:34] | in which case, I will be teaching you | 这样 我倒是可以向你传授 |
[30:36] | my secret homey handshake. | 我的独家秘籍 |
[30:40] | I just…I thought it was interesting | 我当时就是觉得 |
[30:43] | she couldn’t accept that coffee. | 她不肯接受那杯咖啡很有趣 |
[30:45] | I wanted to see how deep it went. | 我想看看能进行到什么程度 |
[30:48] | But now? | 那么现在呢 |
[30:49] | Oh, now I just want to win. | 现在我只是想赢 |
[30:54] | What was in the box? | 那个盒子里是什么 |
[30:56] | Gift certificate. | 礼券 |
[30:58] | The spa. | 水疗的票子 |
[31:00] | Nah, that’s not gonna do it. | 这还达不到效果 |
[31:01] | You’re up against a lifetime of training. | 她这习惯从小就有了 |
[31:04] | If you wanna win, you gotta do something | 如果你想赢 你得做些 |
[31:06] | she can’t possibly reciprocate. | 她无法回报的事情 |
[31:08] | You gotta push her neuroses to the point | 你应该把她的神经官能症推向一个极限 |
[31:10] | where even she thinks that she’s crazy. | 让她自己觉得自己疯了 |
[31:24] | One more favor. | 再帮个忙 |
[31:26] | Then I promise, I’ll leave you alone forever. | 我保证永远不再打扰了 |
[31:29] | Or I’m lying. | 也可能我是骗你的 |
[31:30] | Either way, it’s more interesting | 不管怎样 这事 |
[31:32] | than whatever you’re doing now. | 总比你现在干的有趣 |
[31:43] | Can I help you? | 有什么我能效劳吗 |
[31:44] | I’m his wife. | 我是他妻子 |
[31:47] | We’re separated. | 我们分居了 |
[31:48] | I heard he was sick. | 听说他病了 |
[31:50] | I just… wanted to see him. | 我想来看看他 |
[31:55] | He’s giving a kidney to someone he’s never met? | 他是要捐肾给个素不相识的人吗 |
[31:59] | He wants to, yeah. | 他是这么打算的 |
[32:02] | I know he’s talked about you. | 我听他谈起过你 |
[32:04] | He’s been alone all this time. | 和你分开后他一直单身 |
[32:06] | I’m sure it would mean a lot to him | 能见上你一面 |
[32:07] | to see you. | 对他意义深重 |
[32:10] | I wanted to spend my life with him, but… | 我想和他白头偕老 |
[32:16] | I need to feel like he loves me more than other people. | 但我想要他爱我胜过别人 |
[32:20] | Like he loves our kids more. | 想要他能更宠爱自己的孩子 |
[32:25] | Maybe that’s selfish. | 或许是我自私了 |
[32:33] | I should go. | 我还是走吧 |
[32:46] | Was that my wife? | 那是我妻子吗 |
[32:47] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[32:50] | You the guy, the kidney donor? | 你是那个肾脏捐助者吗 |
[32:54] | There was a problem, but… | 发生点状况 |
[32:57] | I’m gonna try again. | 不过我会再尝试下的 |
[32:58] | Um…to give it to the same lady? | 还是捐个原来那位女士吗 |
[33:03] | She needs it. | 她很需要 |
[33:06] | Okay. Never mind. | 好吧 那算了 |
[33:08] | Wait. | 等等 |
[33:10] | What do you– what do you want? | 你有什么需要吗 |
[33:12] | Uh, it’s nothing. It’s just… | 没事 只是 |
[33:19] | I have polycystic kidney disease. | 我得了多囊性肾病 |
[33:23] | And I need a transplant, | 我需要做肾移植 |
[33:24] | And they say I don’t have much time, | 而且他们说我时间不多了 |
[33:25] | so when I heard that you were willing, | 我听说你有捐献的意向 |
[33:27] | I just… | 我只是 |
[33:28] | But I’m glad it’s going to someone. | 你给别人我也很高兴 |
[33:34] | I’ll give it to you. | 我会给你的 |
[33:39] | But you already promised it to someone else. | 但你已经答应给别人了啊 |
[33:41] | I have another one. | 我还有一个 |
[33:44] | Saving one life is good. | 救人一命胜造七级浮屠 |
[33:46] | Saving two is better. | 救两人命胜造十四级浮屠 |
[33:48] | You give away two kidneys, and you die. | 你两个肾都捐了会死的 |
[33:50] | I could live on dialyses for years. | 我能靠透析活上好几年呢 |
[33:53] | Yes, and– and then you die. | 没错 但最后你还是得死 |
[33:55] | And then I could donate my other organs. | 那样我就能捐其它器官了 |
[33:57] | Heart, lungs. | 心脏 肺 |
[34:01] | I could save four or five more lives. | 我能救四 五个甚至更多的人 |
[34:21] | Foreman’s gonna need a diagnostician. | 福曼得找个诊断医师来 |
[34:23] | This guy is crazy. | 这病人疯了 |
[34:32] | Arrhythmia, muscle tremors, | 心律失常 肌肉震颤 |
[34:34] | And, yes, mental changes. | 对 还有精神变化 |
[34:35] | If his heart doesn’t rupture, | 如果他心脏没有破裂 |
[34:36] | he’s liable to rip it out and give it away. | 他很可能挖出来送给别人 |
[34:38] | You know, the “Down” vibe in here | 这噪音 |
[34:39] | is totally ruining my Charlie’s Angels fantasy. | 完全毁了我《查理的天使》的幻想 |
[34:44] | And that haircut isn’t helping, either. | 你这发型也不咋地 |
[34:47] | It seems like graves disease | 这症状看着像格雷夫斯病 |
[34:48] | Or some other thyroid issue. | 或是其它什么甲状腺疾病 |
[34:50] | Is she on the team now? | 她现在算是团队的一员吗 |
[34:51] | Like, forever? | 是长期的吗 |
[34:55] | His thyroid levels were within normal range | 他入院时的甲状腺素水平 |
[34:58] | when he was admitted. | 在正常区间 |
[35:00] | Could be coxsackie b virus. | 可能是柯萨奇B病毒 |
[35:01] | Or pericarditis. | 或心包炎 |
[35:03] | What about porphyria? | 会是卟啉症吗 |
[35:04] | It’s a little weird without the rash, | 没有出现皮疹的话有些牵强 |
[35:05] | but it fits all of his other symptoms. | 但是其它症状符合 |
[35:06] | And if it is acute intermittent porphyria, | 如果是急性间歇性卟啉病 |
[35:09] | that would explain why his symptoms keep recurring. | 那就能解释为什么他的症状一再复发 |
[35:12] | It’s unlikely… but it’s possible. | 虽然不太可能 但至少有可能性 |
[35:14] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[35:17] | I said what else? | 我说还有什么吗 |
[35:39] | There. That’s better. | 现在好多了 |
[35:41] | Now, what else? | 还有什么可能 |
[35:49] | Well, if there’s nothing better than possible, | 好吧 如果仅此而已的话 |
[35:51] | then possible gets upgraded to probable. | 就死马当活马医吧 |
[35:54] | I’ll start him on hematin. | 我去给他用血红素 |
[35:55] | No, I’ll go. | 不 还是我去吧 |
[36:04] | So what’s the answer? | 你的答案是什么 |
[36:06] | Are you now on the team? | 你现在算是团队的一员吗 |
[36:08] | Like, forever? | 是长期的吗 |
[36:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:12] | Cause I was thinking of ordering t-shirts. | 我想去订做些T恤 |
[36:15] | I don’t know…House. | 豪斯 我不知道 |
[36:17] | I mean, what am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[36:18] | I trained to be a doctor. | 我受训成为一名医生 |
[36:21] | I know how to take someone’s pain away, | 我懂得如何妙手回春 |
[36:23] | How to make a stopped heart beat again. | 懂得如何叫人起死回生 |
[36:26] | We’ve brought people’s kids back. | 我们救活过孩子们 |
[36:28] | Their husbands… | 救活过丈夫们 |
[36:32] | So…guilt? | 那么 你是觉得愧疚吗 |
[36:33] | Yes, you were right. | 没错 你说对了 |
[36:35] | You’re always right. | 你总是对的 |
[36:36] | I just… | 只是我… |
[36:38] | I have the skills to help people. | 我有救死扶伤的能力 |
[36:41] | Is it okay for me to walk away from that | 我可以只为了一己之乐 |
[36:43] | because I…want to just have fun? | 就一走了之置身事外吗 |
[36:48] | Obviously not. | 显然不能 |
[37:01] | How’s your patient? | 病人怎样了 |
[37:04] | She died a few hours ago. | 她几小时前去世了 |
[37:14] | Thirteen is back. | 十三回来了 |
[37:18] | No department. No money. | 没有部门 没有资金 |
[37:20] | And somehow, you managed to con her into hanging around. | 你还能骗得她帮你工作 |
[37:24] | I have a gift. | 天生我才 |
[37:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:33] | It was a con. | 这是一个骗局 |
[37:35] | The patient was faking? | 病人是装的? |
[37:37] | No, I was. | 不 是我造成的 |
[37:41] | I brought him in here under false pretenses | 我编造借口收他入院 |
[37:44] | just to get his money. | 为了得到他的钱 |
[37:47] | I ordered a bunch of random tests | 我随便订了几项检查 |
[37:48] | to keep him here. | 留他住院 |
[37:49] | One of them was a head CT, which uses… | 其中一个是脑CT 会用到 |
[37:52] | Iodine contrast. | 碘造影 |
[37:54] | You think he’s allergic to iodine? | 你认为他对碘过敏 |
[37:55] | No, again. | 又不对 |
[37:57] | Just don’t interrupt me. | 不要打断我 |
[37:58] | Thirteen was right. | 十三说对了 |
[38:01] | This is a thyroid issue. | 是甲状腺问题 |
[38:05] | He has Plummer’s disease. | 他患的是普卢默病[毒性甲状腺腺瘤] |
[38:10] | He has a nodule in his thyroid. | 他的甲状腺有个结节 |
[38:14] | It produces excess hormone. | 结节分泌额外的激素 |
[38:16] | Not enough to test abnormal, | 其量不足以在检测中显示异常 |
[38:17] | just more than his brain is used to. | 但却超过了大脑的耐受限度 |
[38:20] | Just enough to make him irrationally generous, | 使他变得不理性的慷慨 |
[38:22] | make him vulnerable to overheating. | 使他不能耐受热 |
[38:24] | Then you pumped his body full of iodine | 然后你又给他身体里灌进大量碘 |
[38:26] | and kicked him into thyrotoxicosis. | 一下将他打入甲状腺毒症状态 |
[38:28] | I said don’t interrupt. | 我说了不要打断我 |
[38:29] | But, yes, you’re right. | 没错 你说对了 |
[38:31] | Take out the nodule, he’ll be fine. | 切掉那个结节 他就会好的 |
[38:48] | Two days, one surgery. | 过去了两天 一次手术 |
[38:52] | I now accept, that you’re all better. | 既然你已经病愈 我可以接受赠款了 |
[38:55] | Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢 |
[38:56] | You made me sick. | 是你让我生病的 |
[38:58] | You were already sick. | 你早就病了 |
[39:00] | I just made you much, much worse. | 我只是让你病得更重而已 |
[39:04] | Seriously…the money. | 说正事 钱 |
[39:10] | You’re not giving it to me, are you? | 不打算给我了 对不对 |
[39:12] | When you’re facing death… | 面对死亡的时候 |
[39:15] | some things come into focus. | 会想到以往忽视的事 |
[39:19] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[39:20] | You love your family. You want them back. | 你爱你的家人 想要他们回来你身边 |
[39:24] | Your altruism was always a symptom. | 你的利他主义一直都是病征 |
[39:27] | No, it wasn’t. I’m still gonna… | 不 不是 我还是会坚持… |
[39:29] | Keep less? How much less? | 多施予少收取 少到什么地步 |
[39:32] | Just enough to spoil your kids? | 足够宠坏你的孩子 |
[39:34] | No. | 不是 |
[39:35] | But they need it more than people with TB | 难道他们需要钱甚于结核病人 |
[39:37] | or children in Indonesia with no eyes? | 甚于印尼盲眼的孩子 |
[39:39] | Diagnosticians with hearts of gold? | 甚于有一颗金子般的心的诊断师吗 |
[39:41] | I don’t wanna give you money because you’re an ass. | 我不想给你钱 是因为你是个混蛋 |
[39:46] | I was an ass last week. | 我上周也这么混呐 |
[39:51] | I love my family. | 我爱我的家人 |
[39:54] | I want to be with them. | 我想和他们在一起 |
[39:57] | That doesn’t make me a bad person. | 这不能说明我是个坏人 |
[39:59] | No. | 对 |
[40:01] | It makes you a healthy person. | 只说明你是个健康的人 |
[40:14] | My mechanic called. | 修理厂来电话 |
[40:15] | He said the work’s been paid for. | 说修车款有人付了 |
[40:17] | You mentioned your car was in the shop. | 你提到车还在修理店 |
[40:20] | That’s $4,500. | 那可是四千五百美金 |
[40:22] | Smile and say thank you. | 微笑 说谢谢 |
[40:25] | Or I get you G.P.S. | 不然我给你装GPS |
[40:30] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[40:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:48] | Your car is getting fixed. | 你的车有人给修了 |
[40:50] | You’re right. She went for it. | 你预测正确 她果然上钩了 |
[40:53] | Good work. | 干得好 |
[40:55] | Need a lift tomorrow? | 明天要我捎你来吗 |
[40:57] | ’cause your car is still in the shop. | 你的车不是还在修 |
[40:59] | I don’t take charity. | 我不接受施舍 |
[41:01] | I’m just glad it’s over. | 只是很高兴这事终于结束了 |
[41:05] | Nothing is ever over. | 所谓结束 是不存在的 |
[41:29] | Thirteen. | 十三 |
[41:32] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[41:41] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[41:42] | Now what? House, I’m starving. | 又闹什么 豪斯 我饿死了 |
[41:44] | I’m not joking. You’re fired. | 我没开玩笑 你被解雇了 |
[41:47] | Don’t come in tomorrow. | 明天不用来了 |
[41:49] | House… | 豪斯 |
[41:51] | I can work with people who’ve got nowhere else to go. | 我可以接受无处可去的人 |
[41:53] | People who got something to prove. | 需要证明自己的人 |
[41:55] | People who just get off on weird cases. | 喜欢疑难病例的人为我工作 |
[41:57] | What I can’t work with is someone who’s here | 可我不能接受一个为我工作 |
[42:00] | so she doesn’t have to feel bad. | 只为了不受良心谴责的人 |
[42:05] | You’re trying to save me. | 你想拯救我 |
[42:08] | Yes… I think that little of you | 对 你的渺小 |
[42:09] | and that much of me. | 在于我的伟大 |
[42:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:29] | Bye, House. | 再见 豪斯 |