时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Kids, when you reach your late 20s you might be surprised to discover you still don’t have life quite figured out. | 孩子们 当你们都 快30岁的时候 可能会惊讶的 发现你还是搞不懂生活是什么 |
[00:03] | Like with Aunt Lily. | 就像莉莉阿姨一样 |
[00:04] | Even though she was back from San Francisco, | 即使她是从旧金山回来的 |
[00:07] | she was still on a quest to find herself. | 她仍然还在寻找自我 |
[00:09] | It’s just that all I’ve ever done is teach kindergarten. | 我不想当幼儿园老师了 |
[00:12] | I want to get out there and change the world. | 我要辞职 我要改变世界 |
[00:14] | I want to find my passion. | 我要找回自己的激情 |
[00:17] | And she did find it. | 她也确实做到了 |
[00:18] | I’m going to be a life coach. | 我要去当个人生指导师 |
[00:20] | In fact, she found it again and again. | 事实上 她的热情源源不断 |
[00:22] | I’m going to be a marine biologist. | 我要去当个海洋生物学家 |
[00:26] | …slam poet. …beekeeper! | 行为诗人…养蜂人… |
[00:29] | Not a beekeeper. | 我不想当养蜂人了 |
[00:32] | Her newest lifelong dream? | 她最新的人生梦想呢? |
[00:34] | Singing in a punk rock band. | 朋克风格乐队的主唱 |
[00:36] | What is she doing for money through all this? | 那她钱哪里来的啊? |
[00:38] | Oh, she’s been waiting tables at Big Wave Luau. | 她在餐馆当服务生 |
[00:40] | Wait, you mean that Hawaiian place | 难道是在那个夏威夷风格的餐馆? |
[00:42] | where they wear those embarrassing outfits? | 服务生穿着夏威夷的草裙 |
[00:45] | No. | 不可能 |
[00:48] | Here she comes. Here she comes. | 她来啦 她来啦 |
[00:50] | Welcome to Big Wave Luau. May I tiki your drink order? | 欢迎光临 你们现在点菜吗? |
[00:54] | Aw, crap. | 晕 混蛋 |
[00:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:57] | Oh, hi, Lily. We were just in the neighborhood, | 你好 莉莉 我们正好在附近 |
[00:59] | thought we’d get some lunch. We didn’t even know you’d be here. | 想找个地方吃饭 但我们不知道原来你在这 |
[01:05] | What do you want? | 要吃什么? |
[01:06] | Oh, I don’t think that’s how you’re supposed to greet | 不会吧 你就这样在餐馆里… |
[01:08] | a customer at Big Wave Luau. | 招待客人吗? |
[01:13] | Aloha, island visitors. | 你好 游客们 (夏威夷语) |
[01:16] | The big wave brought you to our humble luau. | 浪花把你们带到 我们这简陋的餐厅 |
[01:20] | For that, we thank you. Or in my native tongue, mahalo. | 因此我们要用我们的母语说 谢谢 (夏威夷语) |
[01:25] | I didn’t catch your name. Did you guys catch her name? | 我没听清楚你的名字 你们听清了吗? |
[01:28] | No. | 没有 |
[01:29] | My name is Anuhea. | 我叫阿努花 |
[01:31] | It means cool and fragrant, | 它的意思是 凉爽 芬芳 |
[01:33] | much like any of our 12 specialty drinks. | 就像我们餐馆的12种特色饮料 |
[01:37] | Robin, nothing to add? | 罗宾 你还要点什么吗? |
[01:39] | No. Lily is my friend and I’m not going to make fun of her | 不要了 莉莉是我的朋友 我不会因为她为了实现梦想 |
[01:42] | for trying to follow her dreams. | 而去取笑他 |
[01:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 (讽刺的口气) |
[01:45] | Although, you might want to bring out the big Hawaiian drum | 但是可能你要拿出你的夏威夷鼓来 |
[01:47] | because I’m pretty sure today’s my birthday. | 因为今天就是我的生日 |
[01:50] | Birthday girl! | 生日快乐! |
[02:06] | I have never needed beer more than I do right now. | 我今天特别想喝酒 |
[02:09] | I thought you said your semester was gonna be a piece of cake. | 我以为你这学期的论文 简单的就象吃块蛋糕 |
[02:11] | I remember because you were eating a piece of cake at the time | 我记得是因为你说 这话的时候就在吃蛋糕 |
[02:13] | and you said, “Dude, my semester is gonna be this.” | 然后你说 “哥们 这学期的论文就这么简单” |
[02:16] | Yeah, well, it was supposed to be, | 是啊 本来会是这样 |
[02:18] | but my professor’s like the toughest grader I’ve ever seen. | 但是我的教授 是我有史以来见过最严格的 |
[02:20] | She had like a bad divorce this summer | 她今年夏天刚离了婚 |
[02:22] | and now she’s taking it out on us. | 现在开始在我们身上发泄了 |
[02:24] | To tell you the truth, I think she just needs to get laid. | 老实说 我觉得她只是需要男人 |
[02:27] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:28] | Laid, you say? | 男人 你意思是? |
[02:29] | You wouldn’t be into her. She’s, like, in her late 40s. | 你不会对她有兴趣? 她已经快五十了… |
[02:32] | She hot? | 她漂亮吗? |
[02:33] | Yeah, I guess she’s kind of hot, yeah. | 有点漂亮吧? |
[02:35] | And she’s looking for some action. | 而且她很饥渴… |
[02:37] | Sounds to me like she could be a cougar. | 对我来说 她就是只饥饿的美洲豹 |
[02:40] | – A what? – A cougar. | – 什么来着 – 美洲豹 |
[02:42] | An older woman, usually in her 40s or 50s, | 一个单身老女人 经常在她四十 五十岁时候 |
[02:44] | single and on the prowl for a younger man. | 经常会去寻觅些年轻男人 |
[02:48] | What’s a woman in her 60s or 70s– a turtle? | 那六十 七十岁的女人 是什么来着? 海龟? |
[02:51] | Marshall, I’ve thought it over and I accept your challenge. | 马修 我想过了 我接受这个挑战 |
[02:55] | – I didn’t challenge you to have sex… – Tomorrow, the cougar hunt begins. | – 我没让你去和她上床啊 – 明天 猎豹行动开始 |
[02:59] | So, I quit my job. | 我要辞职了 |
[03:02] | I just couldn’t take it anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[03:03] | Approximately 50 times a day, some guy asks me for a lei… | 每天大概有五十个男人向我要花环 |
[03:07] | Classic. | 你太有才了 |
[03:08] | Ted, didn’t you tell me they need a new assistant in your office? | 泰德 你刚才不是跟我 说你们办公室需要一个助理? |
[03:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:13] | Somebody did just quit. | 有人刚刚辞职了 |
[03:15] | So, where should we eat today? | 我们中午哪里吃? |
[03:19] | Oh awesome, you brought lunch for everyone? | 太好了 你给大家都买中饭了? |
[03:29] | Dude, that is cold-blooded. | 你这也太不厚道了 |
[03:31] | It was an honest mistake. | 我很无辜的 |
[03:33] | Look, when somebody opens up a container with an entire chicken in it, | 你要是看到 一个人的盘子里有一整只鸡 |
[03:36] | it’s okay to assume they made lunch for everyone. | 想当然就以为 是给大家准备的 |
[03:39] | Ted, that girl didn’t quit. You destroyed her. | 你也太打击那个女孩子了 |
[03:41] | It was an whole chicken. | 那是一整只鸡啊 |
[03:44] | And did I mention she had 12 sides? | 我有没有说过她是十二面型的 |
[03:46] | Oh, now you’re gonna bash her figure. Real classy, Ted. | 你现在又开始挑剔 她的体形了 你也太过分了 |
[03:49] | So, Lily, what do you say? Do you want the job? | 莉莉 你怎么样 想要那个工作吗? |
[03:51] | What would I be doing? | 我需要做什么吗? |
[03:53] | Basically, you’re sort of a general office assistant. | 你是个一般的办公室助理 |
[03:55] | You’ll sit there. My station is right over here. | 你只要坐在那里 就在我的对面 |
[03:58] | And things are a little bit crazy right now | 现在这里有些疯狂 |
[04:00] | ’cause we’re pitching a new building to a big client. | 因为我们正在给 一个大客户设计一个建筑 |
[04:02] | – Oh, right, is that the… – Yeah. | – 是那个吗? – 对 |
[04:04] | Here’s the model. | 这是模型 |
[04:08] | You weren’t kidding. It really does look like a giant penis. | 你不会是开玩笑 这看起来象一个巨大的小弟弟 |
[04:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[04:13] | For whatever reason, Mr. Druthers just doesn’t see it. | 德拉泽先生就是看不出来 (双关 偏爱的音译) |
[04:16] | How can he not see it? | 你怎么会看不出来? |
[04:17] | – I mean there’s the… – I know. | – 你看 那里有… – 我知道 |
[04:19] | – And the way it… – I know. | – 而且这位置… – 我知道 |
[04:20] | – And the two little… – I know. | – 还有那两个小… – 我知道 |
[04:23] | – Wow, it is just… – Spectacular? | – 这真是… – 壮观? |
[04:26] | Why, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:27] | Lily, this is Mr. Druthers, the head architect on the project. | 莉莉 这是德拉泽先生 这个工程的主设计师 |
[04:30] | Lily’s going to be our new office assistant. | 莉莉是办公室的新助理 |
[04:32] | – Ah. – Nice to meet you. | – 哦 – 很高兴认识你 |
[04:34] | Isn’t it? | 是吗? |
[04:35] | Ted, I looked at your design for the penthouse balcony. | 我看过了你设计的屋顶阳台 |
[04:38] | Tell me, do you want to be an architect? | 告诉我 你是不是想要当设计师 |
[04:41] | I, uh… I am an architect. | 我 嗯… 我就是一个设计师啊 |
[04:44] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[04:46] | Well, my six-year-old nephew plays with Legos. | 我的六岁的侄子喜欢玩积木 |
[04:49] | Is he an architect? | 他算是个设计师? |
[04:51] | Well, not unless he somehow passed all his licensing exams. | 不能算 除非他通过了所有的资格考试 |
[04:55] | Ted, you’ve got promise. | 你很有前途 |
[04:57] | But you have to study what I do more carefully. | 但是你必须要更认真的向我学习 |
[05:00] | Now I want you to design some Styrofoam trees | 现在我要你给这个模型 |
[05:03] | for the building model. | 设计一些塑料的树 |
[05:05] | – Think you can handle that? – Absolutely. | – 你能做到吗? – 当然 |
[05:07] | Good. So you’re going to design the… | 很好 你是要去设计 |
[05:11] | – Styrofoam trees. – Once again– with feeling. | – 塑料树 – 再说一遍 有精神点 |
[05:15] | – Styrofoam trees. – Styrofoam trees! | – 塑料树 – 塑料树 |
[05:18] | – Styrofoam trees! – That’s the spirit. | – 塑料树 – 这才算有精神 |
[05:21] | Now, gather ’round. | 现在 过来点 |
[05:26] | This isn’t just about trees, Ted. This is about life. | 这已不单单是树了 这是生命… |
[05:29] | And sometimes in life, you have to get the trees just right | 而且现在 你必须把这些树设计到位 |
[05:33] | or you’re fired, hmm? | 否则你就要开除掉 懂吗? |
[05:39] | Man, that guy is a total, well… | 这人简直就是个… |
[05:47] | Okay, wait, wait, wait. That’s Professor Lewis’s office there. | 这就是路易斯教授的办公室 |
[05:50] | Okay, let’s take a look. | 我们去看看 |
[05:55] | Oh, yeah, it’s a cougar all right. | 这就是一只美洲豹 |
[05:59] | A prime specimen. | 典型的 |
[06:01] | See, you can identify a cougar by a few key characteristics. | 凭几个特征你 就能看出她是只美洲豹? |
[06:05] | Start with the hair. | 看头发 |
[06:07] | The cougar keeps up with current hairstyles | 美洲豹留着流行的发型 |
[06:09] | as a form of camouflage. | 作为一种伪装 |
[06:12] | The prey may not realize that he’s engaged a cougar | 这样她的猎物 就不会以为碰上了美洲豹 |
[06:15] | until he’s already being dragged, helpless, | 直到他无助地被美洲豹 |
[06:17] | back to her lair. | 拖回到他的窝 |
[06:19] | Now, the blouse. | 现在 看她的上衣 |
[06:21] | The cougar displays maximum cleavage possible | 她会尽量的展示她的乳沟 |
[06:24] | to captivate her prey. | 来迷惑她的猎物 |
[06:27] | If you’re watching them bounce, | 如果你真的盯着它看 |
[06:29] | she’s about to pounce. | 那她就要准备捕杀你了 |
[06:31] | See the claws? | 看到她的爪子了吗? |
[06:33] | Long and sharp, | 又长又锋利 |
[06:36] | to ward off rival females… | 足以赶走她的竞争者 |
[06:38] | or open alimony checks. | 也能开赡养费的支票 |
[06:41] | Yeah, this one’s a beaut. | 这只真的很正点 |
[06:48] | Okay, let the hunt begin. | 猎豹行动开始 |
[06:51] | Wait, wait, wait. I’m not so sure I’m comfortable | 等等 等等… 我好像有点无法接受 |
[06:53] | with you hunting my constitutional law professor. | 你去泡我的宪法学教授 |
[06:56] | Who do you rather have grading your papers– | 你愿意谁来给你的论文打分 |
[06:59] | a savage, man-eating jungle cat, | 一只野蛮的 饥渴的野猫 |
[07:03] | or a purring, satisfied kitty? | 还是只娇喘着的 满足了的猫咪? |
[07:10] | Go, Barney. | 上吧 巴尼 |
[07:11] | Go mount and stuff that cougar. | 用你的身躯填饱那只饥饿的美洲豹 |
[07:17] | Scusi, I am Luigi, Italian exchange student. | 苏茜 我是路易 意大利的交换生 |
[07:22] | I was, uh, walking to class, | 我本来是要去教室的 |
[07:25] | but then I noticed you… | 但是忽然我看到了你… |
[07:29] | bella principessa… | 美丽的公主… |
[07:31] | Tell me what you want or get out. | 你要什么还是自己滚蛋? |
[07:33] | Direct. | 真直接 |
[07:35] | I like that. | 我喜欢这样 |
[07:36] | The name’s Barney. | 我名字叫巴尼 |
[07:38] | What I want… is you. | 我要的是…你 |
[07:44] | Turn around. | 转身 |
[07:48] | My place. Two hours. | 我那里…两小时 |
[07:51] | Don’t be tardy. | 不要迟到 |
[07:55] | I can’t believe how Mr. Druthers treats people. | 我不敢相信 德拉泽先生竟然这么凶 |
[07:58] | And that building? Talk about overcompensating. | 还有那个建筑设计 言语难以形容 |
[08:01] | He’s not usually this bad. | 他平时没这么凶 |
[08:03] | It’s just that the partners have made it very clear | 这次是因为我们的合作者说的很明白 |
[08:04] | this project is make or break for us, | 成败就在这个项目上 |
[08:06] | so lately he’s been a little testy. | 所以最近他有点暴躁 |
[08:09] | You know what I mean– crotchety. | 你们明白我的意思 想入非非… |
[08:13] | I’m just saying it’s been hard on him. | 我只是觉得最近他有点艰难 |
[08:15] | All right stop. | 好 够了 不说了 |
[08:18] | – Did you show Lily your design? – No. | – 你给莉莉看过你的设计? – 还没 |
[08:20] | – What design? – It’s nothing. | – 什么设计? – 没什么 |
[08:22] | It’s fantastic. | 你的设计太好了 |
[08:23] | Just for fun, Ted’s been working on his own design. | 最近一直在忙他的设计 |
[08:25] | And it doesn’t look at all like male genitalia. | 这个设计看起来 不太象个小弟弟 |
[08:28] | At least, not healthy male genitalia. | 至少不是健康的小弟弟 |
[08:31] | Ted, you should pitch your building to Druthers. | 你应该把你的设计个德拉泽先生看看 |
[08:33] | Are you kidding? He’s Hammond Druthers. | 你开玩笑? 他是汉默·德拉泽 |
[08:35] | He’s a legend. I’m just part of his team. | 传奇人物 我只不过是他团队里的一员 |
[08:38] | This building is huge for the firm, | 这个设计对公司来说很重要 |
[08:39] | so it’s really important we don’t blow it. | 所以现在我们千万不能搞砸了 |
[08:42] | All right, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[08:45] | Oh, my God. Incredible. | 天那 难以置信 |
[08:49] | Hmm… C-minus. | 你的分数是C- |
[08:53] | C-minus? What are you talking about? | 才C-? 你说什么? |
[08:56] | I just pulled an all-nighter! | 我可是干了一个通宵啊! |
[08:58] | You didn’t budget your time well, | 你没有分配好你的时间 |
[09:01] | you glossed over some of the most important points, | 你忽略了一些很重要的部分 |
[09:04] | and your oral presentation was sloppy and inconclusive. | 而且你的嘴功太差 |
[09:09] | Mr. Druthers asked if you were making the trees | 德拉泽先生要我问你 你是不是在做树了? |
[09:12] | or waiting for them to sprout on their own. | 还是在等它们自己发芽长大 |
[09:15] | Then he stared at me until I laughed. | 然后他就一直盯着我 看着我发笑 |
[09:18] | Okay, I’m done. | 好了 完成了 |
[09:20] | Great. I’ll put the paints away. You just go show him. | 太好了 我把这些颜料收拾下 你去拿给他看 |
[09:23] | Great. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[09:26] | Well, finally. | 终于来了 |
[09:28] | I wondered whether you were making the trees | 我在想你在做树呢 |
[09:31] | or waiting for them to sprout on their own. | 还是在等它们自己发芽长大 |
[09:36] | Good one, sir. | 这笑话真好笑 |
[09:38] | Anyway, here they are. | 你看一下这些模型 |
[09:43] | – Too green. – Too green? | – 太绿了 – 太绿了? |
[09:45] | Yes, the leaves should really be more of a natural brown color. | 叶子应该有一种天然的褐色 |
[09:48] | Almost brunette. | 接近深褐色 |
[09:49] | And think bushier. I want this tower to rise | 想想灌木丛 我想要这个建筑 |
[09:54] | from a thicket of wild, ungroomed, brunette shrubbery. | 耸立在一片浓密 原始的深褐色的丛林之中 |
[09:58] | Can you picture it, Ted? | 你能想象 泰德? |
[10:00] | I can’t un-picture it. | 我不可能想象不出来? |
[10:02] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:05] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[10:07] | It’s gone! | 它不见了 |
[10:08] | What? What’s gone? | 什么?什么不见了? |
[10:10] | My baseball signed three times by Pete Rose. | 有三个彼特·罗斯签名的棒球 (著名的击球手) |
[10:13] | Well, it’s got to be around here somewhere. | 它应该在办公室的某个地方? |
[10:16] | What do you think, Ted, | 你是这么认为的? |
[10:17] | it just let itself out of its plastic case and rolled away? | 棒球自己溜了出来 然后滚到了某个地方? |
[10:21] | Somebody stole it. | 有人偷了它 |
[10:23] | Well, um, I better get back to these Styrofoam trees. | 我得回去继续弄塑料树了 |
[10:26] | Oh, who cares about the trees? | 谁会在意那些树 |
[10:28] | It’s just busy work to make you feel like you’re contributing. | 这只不过是给你个差 让你觉得自己还用 |
[10:32] | Inspiring as always, sir. | 你总是在鼓励我 |
[10:35] | Lily? | 莉莉 |
[10:39] | Where’s she put those paints? | 她把颜料放哪了? |
[10:57] | Hey. Hey. Um, Lily, question for you. | 莉莉 问你点事 |
[11:00] | Why did I find Mr. Druthers’ baseball | 为什么我在你的抽屉里 |
[11:02] | signed three times by Pete Rose in your desk drawer? | 找到了德拉泽先生的 有三个彼特·罗斯签名的棒球? |
[11:05] | That’s easy. I took it. | 很简单 我拿的 |
[11:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:08] | It’s simple. | 很简单 |
[11:10] | I can’t believe there’s no horseradish for the roast beef. | 为什么牛排上面没有黑胡椒汁? |
[11:14] | I guess you were sick the day they taught that at Sandwich University. | 你是不是 不会做三明治? |
[11:22] | Mother, no one from the nursing home is stealing from you. | 妈妈 疗养院的人没偷你的钱 |
[11:26] | I didn’t get you a birthday present. | 我没给你买生日礼物 |
[11:35] | What? You gonna cry? | 什么 你不哭? |
[11:38] | Little crybaby’s going to cry? | 鼻涕虫怎么不哭? |
[11:40] | Hey, everybody, look! | 大家看啊 |
[11:42] | The little crybaby’s gonna cry! | 鼻涕虫要哭鼻子啦 |
[11:47] | I lost my ice cream! | 我掉了冰激凌 |
[11:50] | Okay, I may have exaggerated that last one, | 最后一个我有可能夸张了点 |
[11:53] | but the point is, he was mean. | 但重点是 他太低劣了 |
[11:56] | And that’s why I took away his ball. | 因此我就偷了他的棒球 |
[11:58] | What does his ball have to do with anything? | 但他的棒球和这没关系啊 |
[12:01] | Druthers has to be taught he can’t behave like that. | 德拉泽要学会厚道 |
[12:04] | When I was teaching kindergarten, whenever a kid was mean, | 我在幼儿园的时候 孩子们一调皮 |
[12:06] | I would take away one of his toys. | 我就拿走他们的玩具 |
[12:08] | The kid would be upset at first, | 刚开始孩子们会不高兴 |
[12:10] | but then he’d learn to stop being mean. | 然后他们就不调皮了 |
[12:13] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? | 伙计们 怎么啦? |
[12:15] | Lily stole my boss’ baseball signed three times by Pete Rose. | 莉莉偷了我老板的 有三个彼特·罗斯签名的棒球 |
[12:18] | Why? Was he being mean? | 为什么 因为他很低劣? |
[12:19] | – You know about this? – Yeah. | – 你怎么知道 – 当然了 |
[12:21] | It’s her own personal form of justice. | 这是她替天行道的方式 |
[12:23] | Did you tell him about that time at the Gap? | 你告诉过他我们在Gap专卖店的故事吗 |
[12:25] | Oh, that was a good one. | 对 那是个好例子 |
[12:26] | This sales guy was rude to Robin, | 那个售货员对罗宾很凶 |
[12:28] | so I took a pair of khakis. | 所以我就偷了件卡其裤 |
[12:30] | I gave them to you for your birthday. | 我把它当生日礼物送给了你 |
[12:32] | So I’ve been walking around in stolen khakis? | 然后我稀里糊涂卷进了偷窃案 |
[12:34] | I prefer to call them “justice khakis.” | 我更喜欢叫它公道 |
[12:37] | That’s not justice. It’s shoplifting, and it’s a crime. | 这不是公道 这是偷窃 这是犯罪 |
[12:40] | So is being mean. | 这也只不过是不厚道 |
[12:41] | Lily, your little system doesn’t even make sense. | 莉莉 你的办法行不通 |
[12:44] | In kindergarten, the kid knew why he was being punished. | 在幼儿园里 孩子们知道为何他们要被惩罚 |
[12:46] | Druthers just thinks someone stole his ball. | 德拉泽会认为是偷窃 |
[12:48] | Well, that’s why I left a note. | 这就是为什么我留了个字条 |
[12:50] | – A note? – Yeah. | – 字条? – 是 |
[12:51] | When he finds it, he’ll understand why his ball was taken away, | 他看到字条 就会知道为什么棒球不见了 |
[12:54] | he’ll stop being mean, | 他就会学着厚道点 |
[12:56] | and the office will be a nicer place to work. | 办公室也会清静点 |
[12:58] | Maybe he’ll even be open to hearing your ideas. | 也许他还会听取点别人的意见 |
[13:01] | Look, Lil, we’re all tolerating | 听着 莉莉 我们一直在忍受 |
[13:03] | this prolonged nervous breakdown you’re clearly having, | 朋克乐队 养蜂人 还有那些小偷小摸 |
[13:06] | with the punk band and the beekeeping and the petty larceny, | 这些无理取闹 |
[13:09] | but this is my career you’re messing with. | 但这次你不能把我的工作当儿戏 |
[13:12] | I’m not sure I like your tone. | 我不喜欢你这么对我说话 |
[13:14] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[13:16] | Now you just lost the ball. | 现在球你就甭想拿回去了 |
[13:22] | Hey. I’d ask you how last night went, but we had a pop quiz today. | 我想知道你昨晚进展的怎样 今天考了一次试 |
[13:25] | Nobody got higher than a C-minus. | 大家的分数都在C-以下 |
[13:27] | I know, I know. | 我就知道 |
[13:29] | You claim to have so much sex. | 你一直说自己经验丰富 |
[13:31] | I only assumed you’d be good at it. | 我还真的以为 你是个行家呢 |
[13:33] | Look, I miscalculated. | 我失算了 |
[13:35] | I thought she’d be old and fragile, like most cougars. | 我以为她以为老了 不中用了 像大多数”美洲豹” |
[13:39] | But kitty’s got claws. | 没想到她还这么勇猛 |
[13:41] | Don’t worry though. | 但是不用担心 |
[13:43] | Tonight, I’m seeing her again. | 今晚 我再去见她 |
[13:44] | Just let it go, man. You’re making things worse. | 算了吧 哥们 你会让事情更糟 |
[13:47] | I promise you, after tonight, that cougar will be my pet, | 我保证 今晚之后 这只美洲豹会温顺的想只猫咪 |
[13:50] | and I its master. | 而我 就是她的主人 |
[13:53] | I think I’m falling in love with you. | 我想我是爱上你了 |
[13:57] | Oh, God. That wasn’t your first time, was it? | 这不会是你的第一次吧 |
[14:01] | Although that would explain a lot. | 这样就说的通了 |
[14:04] | What? No. We had sex yesterday. | 什么 我们昨天还上过床啊 |
[14:07] | Oh, right. That. | 可能吧 |
[14:11] | Well, you had sex yesterday. | 你昨天跟人上了床 |
[14:13] | I revised my syllabus for the spring semester. | 而我在修正你上床的课程摘要 |
[14:20] | When Druthers goes to get his bagel, | 德拉泽取拿面包的时候 |
[14:21] | I’ll go in, grab the note, put the ball back. | 我就进办公室 拿走纸条 把棒球放回去 |
[14:24] | If something goes wrong, | 如果有什么意外的话 |
[14:25] | yell out, “Who wants espresso?” | 你就说 谁要蒸馏咖啡 |
[14:28] | so I’ll know he’s coming. Got it? | 这样我就知道他要过来 |
[14:30] | Okay, now give me the ball. | 好 现在把球给我 |
[14:31] | – No. – What do you mean, no? | – 不 – 你这是什么意思? |
[14:33] | I mean I stand by what I did, Ted. | 我要坚持我的原则 |
[14:36] | Come on, Lily. We’re running out of time. | 行行好 莉莉 我们快没时间了 |
[14:38] | Everybody get in here now! | 大家都过来! |
[14:41] | Who wants espresso? | 谁要蒸馏咖啡? |
[14:49] | Now, as most of you know, | 大部分人应该都知道 |
[14:51] | my Pete Rose, Pete Rose, Pete Rose baseball has been stolen. | 我那有三个彼特·罗斯 签名的棒球不见了 |
[14:55] | Well, I just found this note. | 我刚才看到一张纸条 |
[14:56] | “Dear Mr. Druthers, I, your baseball, am leaving. | 亲爱的德拉泽先生 我…你的棒球 现在走了 |
[15:01] | Maybe, if you start being nice, I’ll come back. | 如果你现在开始学好的话 那我还会回来 |
[15:03] | If not, other things in your office may follow my lead. | 如果不 你办公室里的 其他东西也会象我一样走掉 |
[15:07] | In fact, I overheard your iPod talking, | 事实上 我无意中 听到你的iPod说 |
[15:09] | and he may shuffle off at any minute.” | 它随时可能走掉 |
[15:13] | Normally, I would scream at everyone until my voice goes, | 我会对着你们吼到我发不出声来 |
[15:17] | but maybe that’s the wrong reaction here. | 但是 在这里可能不妥 |
[15:21] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[15:22] | Instead, I’m giving my baseball until the end of the day | 我给你们个机会 如果到今天晚上 |
[15:26] | to decide he’s homesick, | 我的棒球还没有回家的话 |
[15:28] | or, tomorrow morning, I’ll begin firing three people an hour. | 那明天早上 我会在一小时内开除三个人 |
[15:32] | And, if the thief doesn’t believe me, well, | 如果那个贼不相信 |
[15:36] | then you are gambling more than Pete Rose– | 那你这次下的赌注 |
[15:39] | major league baseball’s all-time hit leader, | 就得比彼特·罗斯 联盟历史上伟大的击球手 |
[15:41] | a man whose absence from the Hall of Fame is a travesty | 他没有被选入名人堂 这对整个体育界来说 |
[15:43] | to the entire sports world– ever “allegedly” did! | 都是个悲剧…还要大 |
[15:50] | Wow. Looks like bye-bye, iPod. | 看起来他要跟iPod说拜拜了 |
[15:54] | Give him his ball back right now. | 马上把棒球放回去 |
[15:57] | People are going to get fired. | 别人会因你而开除的 |
[15:59] | No, they’re not. It’s just a tantrum, Ted. | 不会的 刚才他只是发了下飙 |
[16:02] | I saw this in kindergarten all the time. | 幼儿园里 我经常看到这样 |
[16:04] | This isn’t kindergarten. | 这里不是幼儿园 |
[16:05] | Mr. Druthers is an adult, and he wants his ball back. | 德拉泽是个大人 他要他的棒球 |
[16:09] | All right, I’ll give it back if you show him your plans. | 如果你把你的计划给他看 我就放回去 |
[16:12] | No. You’ll give it back or you’re fired. | 不行 要么你放回去 要么你被开除 |
[16:14] | I’m sorry, Ted. I just can’t do that. | 对不起 泰德 我不会这么做的 |
[16:16] | Then you’re fired. | 那你被开除了 |
[16:19] | Fine. | 好的 |
[16:22] | Here’s the ball. | 给你球 |
[16:24] | At least you have one now. | 现在你至少有一个赌注了 |
[16:30] | Dude, you’re killing me. | 哥们 你整死我了 |
[16:32] | You didn’t tame the cougar. You just made her angrier. | 你没搞定那只母豹 还把她惹怒了 |
[16:36] | Do you not see the PowerBar in my hand? | 你没看到我在吃PowerBar (一种运动营养品) |
[16:39] | I’m fueling up. | 我正在给自己充电 |
[16:41] | So you’re going back over there? | 你今晚还要过去? |
[16:43] | Oh, yeah. | 当然了 |
[16:44] | And tonight, just like John Mellencamp, | 今晚 我就是约翰·梅伦坎普 (摇滚歌手 中名是美洲豹) |
[16:47] | I am going to get rid of the “Cougar” once and for all. | 我要彻底的征服那只美洲豹 |
[16:51] | Get it? | 懂我的意思? |
[16:53] | ‘Cause that’s what he did with his name. | 约翰把自己的名字改成了美洲豹 |
[17:06] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我没办法不想你 |
[17:08] | Please give me another chance. | 请再给我次机会吧 |
[17:10] | Barney, I teach all day. | 巴尼 我白天都要教书 |
[17:11] | It’s the last thing I want to do when I get home. | 这是回家最后才干的事情 |
[17:14] | But you don’t understand. See, I’ve been going easy on you, | 但是你不知道 以前我还没有全力以赴 |
[17:17] | holding back, ’cause I was afraid you’d break a hip or something. | 让开 不然你会摔破屁股的 |
[17:20] | But, this time, no mercy. I don’t care how long it takes– | 这一次 我不会再心慈手软了 我不管这次是不是要干上 |
[17:22] | days, weeks, half a year. | 几天 几个星期 还是半年 |
[17:28] | Fine. Come in. | 好吧 进来吧 |
[17:30] | You can start while I finish grading some papers. | 等我改好这些论文 你才能开始 |
[17:35] | Hurry up. Clients will be here any moment. | 抓紧点 客户随时回来 |
[17:38] | Now, slide it closer to his chair. | 把这个放近点 |
[17:40] | I want this thing to really smack him in the face. | 我们的设计会让他大吃一惊 |
[17:44] | Mr. Druthers, thank you again for understanding about Lily. | 德拉泽先生 谢谢你能理解莉莉 |
[17:47] | Oh. Well, I pity her. | 其实我很同情她 |
[17:50] | I mean, to steal from my office and then write that slanderous note… | 从我办公室偷走了 棒球还写下这么可笑的字条 |
[17:54] | You might say that Lily was mentally deranged. | 你说下 莉莉脑子有毛病 |
[17:58] | You might say that, Ted. | 请你说下泰德 |
[18:03] | Lily was mentally deranged. | 莉莉脑子有毛病 |
[18:05] | You might even say it loud enough for everyone to hear. | 你最好说的大声点 让每个人都听到 |
[18:10] | Lily was mentally deranged! | 莉莉脑子有毛病! |
[18:12] | Oh! That’s a bit harsh, don’t you think, Ted? | 这话好像有点过分吧 你说呢 泰德 |
[18:17] | The clients are here. | 客户来了 |
[18:19] | Excellent. Bring them in. | 太好了 快请进来 |
[18:20] | Our client was a major bank and financial services company in Spokane. | 我们的客户是斯波坎市 一家大型银行和金融服务公司 |
[18:25] | They wanted a modern skyscraper that still captured | 他们想要一座 能体现东西部风情历史 |
[18:27] | the distinct flavor and history of the Northwest. | 现代化大厦 |
[18:30] | Ladies and gentlemen, I give you | 先生们 女士们 现在我给你们展示 |
[18:33] | the Spokane National Bank Building. | 斯波坎市银行大厦 |
[18:39] | That’s a penis! | 这是小弟弟啊 |
[18:43] | That’s… that’s ridiculous. | 这…这太荒唐了 |
[18:46] | There’s no way this majestic tower can be confused | 人们不可能 把这座宏伟的大厦当成… |
[18:49] | with the male organ of love. | 男性生殖器 |
[18:52] | We’re not building a penis. | 我们不会造这样的一座建筑 |
[18:54] | You got any other ideas? | 你还有别的创意? |
[18:57] | Other ideas? | 别的创意? |
[18:59] | You said you wanted Hammond Druthers. | 你说要汉默·德拉泽风格的建筑 |
[19:01] | This is Hammond Druthers. | 这就是汉默·德拉泽风格 |
[19:04] | Well, hats off to your ladyfriends, | 那我只能说再见了 |
[19:07] | but I’m not building it. | 我不会接受这个设计 |
[19:09] | We’re done here. | 我们的合作结束了 |
[19:12] | The trajectory of my entire career might have been different | 如果不是那天我不小心 穿了莉莉的公道之裤 |
[19:15] | had I not unwittingly worn my justice khakis that day. | 我的人生轨迹可能会完全不同 |
[19:19] | Wait! | 等等 |
[19:22] | We have one more idea for you. | 我们还有个创意 |
[19:24] | Ted, what are you doing? | 泰德 你在干什么? |
[19:25] | I have another design. | 我还有一个设计 |
[19:27] | Sit down, shut up right now. | 坐下 马上闭嘴 |
[19:29] | No. | 不 |
[19:37] | To Ted! The youngest person to ever design a building | 我们敬下泰德 他可能是最年轻的 |
[19:40] | over 70 stories probably! | 70层大楼的设计师 |
[19:43] | Probably! | 可能! |
[19:46] | Congrats, Ted. | 恭喜你 泰德 |
[19:48] | Hey, thanks for telling me to stand up to Druthers | 谢谢你告诉我 去反对德拉泽 |
[19:50] | and pitch my idea. | 并提出自己的看法 |
[19:52] | Seriously, none of this would have happened if it weren’t for you. | 真的 没有你 这些都不可能发生 |
[19:55] | Oh. You know what, Ted? | 你知道吗 泰德? |
[19:57] | That was very nice. | 这太棒了 |
[19:58] | You have earned these screws back. | 你现在可以把这些螺丝拿回去了 |
[20:01] | Don’t sit in your desk chair until you’ve put them back in. | 记得拧上螺丝以后 你的椅子才能坐 |
[20:05] | Hey, I’m project manager now, | 莉莉 我现在是项目经理 |
[20:08] | so, if you want your old job back… | 所以 如果你想回来工作的话… |
[20:10] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢了 |
[20:11] | I think I figured out what I want to be when I grow up. | 我知道我现在 我最适合干什么了 |
[20:17] | Casey, that’s not how we treat people. | 西赛 你可不能这么对小朋友 |
[20:21] | You’ll get this back when you learn to be nice. | 你不调皮 才能把这个拿回去 |
[20:36] | – Barney! Oh, my God! – What happened? | – 巴尼! 天那! – 怎么啦? |
[20:41] | He broke his hip. | 他摔了屁股 |
[20:44] | That’s not true. It’s just temporarily dislocated. | 没那回事 我只是那里有点扭了 |
[20:47] | Seriously, I’m fine. | 真的 我没事 |
[20:48] | No, he’s not fine. | 他有事 |
[20:50] | Professor Lewis, hi. | 你好 路易斯教授 |
[20:52] | Mr. Eriksen. Hello. I graded your paper tonight. | 你好 埃里克森先生 今晚我改你的论文 |
[20:56] | I was pleasantly surprised. | 昨天我收到了一个惊喜 |
[20:58] | Yeah, she was. | 那当然了 |
[21:00] | B-plus. | 分数B+ |
[21:02] | B-plus?! | 才B+ |
[21:04] | Marshall, after I’ve gone through my eight weeks of physical therapy, | 马修 等我八个星期的 理疗结束以后 |
[21:08] | I am going to get you that “A”! | 我去帮你拿个A回来 |
[21:11] | Let her go. | 随便她吧 |
[21:12] | She belongs out there in the wild. | 你驯服不了她 |
[21:16] | You should feel proud. | 你应该感到庆幸的是 |
[21:18] | You fought the cougar and lived. | 你和她搏斗过并活下来了 |
[21:21] | It was an amazing safari. | 这真是趟神奇的经历 |
[21:24] | I can’t wait to show you guys the slides. | 我迫不及待想给你看看照片 |