时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | What do you mean just barely? | 什么意思? |
[00:00] | Kids, you remember my first day with Robin. | 孩子们 你们还记得我和罗宾的第一次约会… |
[00:03] | – I think I’m in love with you. – What?! | – 我好像是爱上你了 – 什么? |
[00:06] | Well, here’s the thing, normal people, you know, people who aren’t your dad, | 可是正常人… 也就是不像你爸爸的人 |
[00:09] | usually take longer to say “I love you.” | 一般晚一点才说出一句”我爱你” |
[00:12] | Robin went through the usual stages. | 罗宾倒经过了正常的阶段… |
[00:15] | – Spider! Spider! – I left something in the hallway. | – 蜘蛛!蜘蛛! – 我什么东西忘走廊里了 |
[00:19] | – Where? – Right there. | – 蜘蛛在哪? – 就在那 |
[00:21] | Got it. | 抓到啦 |
[00:22] | First there’s the moment when you think you think it. | 刚开始你会想到你真的爱他 |
[00:24] | Whoa, still alive. | 还没死 |
[00:27] | There’s the moment you think you know it. | 有一瞬间 你会认为你知道你爱他 |
[00:30] | Oh, you don’t want to kiss me, you’ll get sick. | 你最好还是别亲我 你也会病的 |
[00:41] | Totally worth it. | 完全值得 |
[00:44] | There’s the moment where you know you know it, but you can’t yet say it. | 不久你会肯定你是爱他的 可是你不能告诉他 |
[00:47] | All right, it’s getting to be that time. I’ll talk to you tomorrow? | 现在太晚了 明天再聊 |
[00:50] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[00:52] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[00:54] | Wait, Ted? | 泰德 等会儿 |
[00:55] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[00:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[01:02] | Well, great, I’ll see you then. | 行 那到时候见 |
[01:04] | Bye, sweetie. | 再见 甜心 |
[01:05] | Hey. Guess what? | 泰德 你猜谁会来? |
[01:07] | My sister Katie is coming to visit next weekend. | 我妹妹凯蒂下周末来看我… |
[01:09] | She gets in on Thursday. | 飞机星期四到 |
[01:10] | That’s awesome. You know what I’m going to do? | 太好了 你知道我有什么打算? |
[01:12] | I’m going to take off work Friday. | 我星期五请假不上班… |
[01:13] | We’re gonna take her to the Empire State Building. | 我们带她到帝国大厦参观 (纽约有名建筑物) |
[01:15] | Really? You’d do that? | 你真会这样做? |
[01:17] | Of course. Everyone should see the Empire State Building. | 每个人都应该参观帝国大厦 |
[01:21] | And then there’s the moment where you know you know it, | 还有最后你知道你肯定爱上了他的时候… |
[01:23] | and you can’t keep it in any longer. | 而且不能再不告诉他了 |
[01:25] | – Ted. – Yeah? | – 泰德 – 什么? |
[01:29] | Falafel. | 肉丸 (“Falafel”是一种肉丸似的中东食品) |
[01:50] | – Falafel? – Falafel. | – 肉丸? – 肉丸 |
[01:52] | Instead of telling Ted you love him, you said “falafel”? | 你没跟泰德说”我爱你” 反而说了”肉丸”? |
[01:55] | – I totally choked. – I just don’t get it. | – 我说不出来 – 我就是不能理解… |
[01:58] | Why can’t you tell Ted you love him? | 为什么你不能告诉泰德你爱他? |
[02:00] | Oh, come on, this is a big deal for me. | 告诉一个人我爱他 对我来说是件很难的事 |
[02:02] | Oh, God, you’d think you never said it to a guy before. | 你又不是从来没告诉过一个人你爱他 |
[02:07] | No. | 不可能吧… |
[02:08] | Okay, well, I don’t usually get this far in the relationship. | 听我解释 我一般 谈恋爱都没有到过这个阶段 |
[02:11] | I usually take the three-week exit. | 我一般恋爱都到 第三个星期就下高速公路了 |
[02:13] | Don’t tell me you’re actually buying into Barney’s freeway theory. | 你不会真的信巴尼的”高速公路”理论! |
[02:17] | Watch your steps when you get up, kids, ’cause I am about to drop some knowledge. | 孩子们 好好听着 我要教你们一堂一生不忘的课 |
[02:21] | Relationships are like a freeway. | 谈恋爱就像一条高速公路 |
[02:23] | Wait a minute, a month ago you told me relationships are like a traveling circus. | 你上个月才告诉我 谈恋爱跟杂技团一样 |
[02:27] | No, this is new. This trumps that. | 可是这个比喻是新的 胜过那个… |
[02:29] | Freeways have exits. So do relationships. | 高速公路和谈恋爱一样 都有出口… |
[02:32] | The first exit, my personal favorite, is six hours in. | 谈恋爱的第一个出口 是在谈到六个小时的时刻 我最爱的也是这个出口 |
[02:34] | You meet, you talk, you have sex, you exit when she’s in the shower. | 两人见面 交谈 做爱 然后在她洗澡的时候下高速 |
[02:37] | So every girl you have sex with feels the immediate need to shower? | 每一个和你做爱过的女人 都立即要洗澡? |
[02:41] | Actually, yeah, I get that. | 其实不用回答 我理解 |
[02:44] | The next exits are four days, three weeks, seven months– | 接下来的三个出口是第四天 第三个星期 和第七个月… |
[02:47] | that’s when you guys are gonna break up, mark your calendars. | 你们俩到那时就会分手 日历上记着… |
[02:49] | What? | 什么? |
[02:50] | Then a year and a half, 18 years, and the last exit– death. | 还有别的出口是一年半以后 十八年以后 和最后的出口 死的时候… |
[02:54] | Which, if you’ve been with the same woman for your entire life, | 如果你一生只跟一个女人在一起… |
[02:56] | it’s like, “Are we there yet?” | 你将会丧气地问到 “我们到了吗?” |
[02:59] | So I’ve never been on the freeway this long before. | 我一辈子也没上过 这么长的高速公路… |
[03:02] | I mean, usually by now I find out the guy has some weird personality thing | 一般和一个人处了久以后 我就发现这个人的性格有毛病 |
[03:05] | that makes me want to take the next exit. | 迫不及待的上下一个出口 |
[03:07] | Yeah, been there. | 完全理解 这事对我也发生过 |
[03:08] | I once dated a guy who could only go to the bathroom when classical music was playing. | 我以前谈过一个只能 听着古典音乐方便的人… |
[03:14] | Okay, it was Marshall. | 这人是马修 |
[03:16] | It’s just things are going so well with Ted I just don’t want to complicate it. | 我和泰德现在的感情这么好 我不想把它搞得更复杂 |
[03:21] | Relax, it’ll happen when it happens. | 放心 到时候就可以克服这问题了… |
[03:23] | Which is also the advice I gave Marshall to get him over the classical music thing. | 马修的古典音乐问题 也是这样解决的 |
[03:29] | Oh, here comes Katie. | 凯蒂来了! |
[03:31] | – Aw, your sister’s so cute. – Yeah. | – 你妹妹真可爱 – 没错 |
[03:34] | This reminds me of when I used to see her coming up the driveway from school, | 现在让我回忆起来 以前送她回家的时候… |
[03:38] | with her little pigtails and her Hello Kitty backpack. | 扎得马尾辫子 背着她的凯蒂猫书包 |
[03:44] | – Hello, Kitty. – Oh, no. | – 你好 凯蒂猫 – 糟糕了… |
[03:46] | No. No. No. | 不不不 不可能 |
[03:50] | – Hey, Robin. How are you? – Oh, good. Good. | – 罗宾 过得好吗? – 哦 好 好 |
[03:55] | So, who is this… tongue person? | 这个…长舌头的人是谁? |
[03:59] | Robin, this is my boyfriend Kyle. | 罗宾 这是我的男朋友凯尔 |
[04:02] | Looks like hotness runs in the family. | 看起来你们家专出美女 |
[04:04] | Oh, you said that. Great. | 谢谢了 你嘴真甜 |
[04:08] | So how long have you two been…? | 你们交往多久了? |
[04:10] | – Two whole months. – Yeah. | – 整整两个月 – 对 |
[04:12] | He’s actually coming to visit family in New York, too. | 他其实也到纽约来看家人 |
[04:14] | Isn’t that great? | 多完美? |
[04:15] | My cousin. He’s 23, kind of a wad, but he buys me beer, so… | 我的一个表哥 23岁 混球一个 可是他给我买啤酒 所以… |
[04:19] | That’s cool. This is my friend Lily. | 那不错 这是我的朋友莉莉 |
[04:23] | Hot. | 美女 |
[04:24] | You say things! | 你小子嘴巴还真甜 |
[04:27] | Well, come on, let’s get you back to my place, we’ll get you settled. | 那我们回去吧 我帮你打理好 |
[04:29] | Um, actually, I’m going to stay with Kyle tonight. | 其实 今晚我和凯尔住 |
[04:32] | – Uh, no, you’re not. – Oh, come on. | – 不行 你今晚不会跟他住 – 求求你啦… |
[04:34] | It’s kind of a special night. | 今晚是个特别的日子… |
[04:37] | If you know what I mean. | 听懂了? |
[04:39] | What? | 什么? |
[04:40] | Oh. Oh… | 哦 哦… |
[04:46] | I can’t believe my baby sister is planning to lose her virginity to a… | 我不敢想相信 我的小妹妹会失身于一个 |
[04:50] | …douche with a faux hawk. | 鸡冠头的猥琐男 |
[04:52] | This can’t happen. | 这不能发生 |
[04:54] | You guys have to help me talk her out of it. | 你们得帮我说服她 |
[04:56] | Speech to talk a girl out of having sex. | 告诉一个女人不要做爱 |
[04:59] | Yeah, I don’t have any of those. | 从来没干过 |
[05:01] | Discouraging premarital sex is against my religion. | 防止婚前性交 是有违我的宗教信仰的 |
[05:04] | Please? I’m her older sister. | 求你啦?我是她的大姐 |
[05:06] | I’m supposed to teach her how to make good and responsible decisions. | 我应该教她怎么做明智的决定 |
[05:10] | It’s 2:00 and you’ve already had three scotch and sodas. | 已经两点了而且你已经 喝了三杯苏格兰威士忌了 |
[05:13] | That’s why I need your help. | 正因如此 我才需要你们的帮忙 |
[05:18] | Robin convinced Katie to stay with her that first night. | 第一晚 罗宾说服了她妹妹和她住 |
[05:20] | And the next day, I took everybody to the Empire State Building. | 第二天 我带大家去了帝国大厦 |
[05:23] | You guys are lucky you came here with an architect. | 你们和一个建筑师来 太幸运了 |
[05:25] | Empire State Building fun fact number one: | 帝国大厦趣事 第一 |
[05:27] | When construction began on March 17, 1930, | 当1930年3月17号开始施工时… |
[05:30] | the framework rose at a rate of four and a half stories per week. | 这栋楼一个星期就建了四楼半 |
[05:34] | Four and a half stories per week. | 一个星期建四楼半 |
[05:37] | Four and a half stories per week. | 一个星期建四楼半 |
[05:39] | There it is. There it is. Come on. | 这样的反应才差不多嘛 |
[05:41] | These are fun facts, guys, let’s have fun with them. | 这些不有趣吗 你们应该有点兴趣 |
[05:45] | You know, Katie, I have wanted to come to the Empire State Building for so long, | 凯蒂 我一直都想来帝国大厦的… |
[05:49] | but I waited to come here with someone special. | 可是我一直在等着 和一个特别的人一起来 |
[05:52] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[05:54] | Marshall and I have never been to the Empire State Building either. | 我和马修也没来过帝国大厦 |
[05:57] | But I’m so glad I waited to do something so important with my fianc? | 可是我很高兴等了这么久 能和我的未婚夫一起干这么重要的事 |
[06:02] | Speaking of waiting, I signed an abstinence pledge in high school. | 说起等 我在高中 发过誓不要过早做爱 |
[06:05] | It’s totally cool to wait. | 等待也非常酷 |
[06:07] | And stay away from drugs… other than pot. | 除了大麻以外 不要碰任何毒品 |
[06:11] | – You told them? – Oh, okay, yes, I told them. | – 你告诉他们了? – 是的 我告诉了他们 |
[06:13] | But only because I think you should hear it from other grownups, too. | 我只想让你 听一听别的大人的意见 |
[06:16] | Everyone thinks you should wait. Right, guys? | 他家都觉得你应该等 对不对? |
[06:19] | – Totally. You should wait. – Sex is fun. | – 当然 你应该等 – 做爱很好玩 |
[06:21] | See? | 看到了吗? |
[06:22] | You are such a hypocrite. You were only 16 when you lost yours. | 你真虚伪 你16岁就失身了 |
[06:25] | Well, how do you know that? | 你怎么的知道的? |
[06:27] | You left your diary in your old room slash my new room. | 你的日记忘在你的房间里了 也就是我的新房间 |
[06:29] | I’ll pay you $10,000 for that diary. | 我花一万块钱买那本日记 |
[06:33] | Look, I’ve been dating Kyle for two months now. | 我已经和凯尔拍拖了两个月 |
[06:35] | It’s like forever. | 久的快像是一生了 |
[06:36] | I mean, we’ve already done everything else. | 我们别什么的都干过了 |
[06:39] | – I mean, we’ve even… – Oh. La, la, la, la, la. | – 我们甚至连… – 哦 啦…… |
[06:41] | La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la. | 啦… 啦… |
[06:46] | Even Kyle gets to do that. | 连凯尔都能干那个 |
[06:49] | You have no right to tell me not to do it. | 你没资格阻止我 |
[06:52] | But Kyle? Why can’t you just wait? | 可是和凯尔? 为什么不能等? |
[06:54] | Because if you wait, you can get a nice guy like Ted. | 如果等的话 你会遇见一个像泰德这么好的人 |
[06:57] | Robin, this is happening. | 罗宾 这会发生的 |
[07:00] | Look, I already put it up on my Myspace page. | 我已经发布在我的博客上了 |
[07:03] | – I need a clove. – You smoke now, too? | – 我要去抽一根 – 你现在也抽烟了? |
[07:06] | – Oh, remember cloves? – No! | – 记得以前吗? – 不! |
[07:08] | No “Aw, remember cloves?” This can’t happen. | 不要说”记得以前吗?” 这不行 |
[07:12] | She’s my baby sister, okay? | 她还是我的妹妹 明白吗? |
[07:13] | She should be watching The Little Mermaid and drinking Yoohoo, and not having sex. | 她应该在看”美人鱼” 喝果汁而不是跟凯尔鬼混 |
[07:18] | Come on, you were only 16 when you had sex. | 可是你失去处女之身时也不就是16岁 |
[07:20] | – I was 17. – We were 18. | – 我当时17岁 – 我们是18岁的时候 |
[07:22] | Barney was probably 12. | 巴尼应该是12岁左右 |
[07:24] | Good one, Ted. | 泰德 玩笑开得好 |
[07:26] | I was, uh, six… fourt… | 我当时是13…16…14… |
[07:30] | How old were you again? | 你当时多大? |
[07:31] | 17 – 17. | |
[07:31] | – Dude, me, too. | -伙计 我也是 |
[07:34] | – Barney, you okay? – Yeah, of course. | – 巴尼 你没事吧? – 当然没有 |
[07:37] | What, you don’t believe me? | 怎么 你不相信我? |
[07:38] | – It was at camp, so I’m… – What camp? | – 我当时在夏令营 所以我… – 什么夏令营? |
[07:40] | This place in the Catskills. Look it up. | 在郊外的一个地方 你拿地图找 |
[07:43] | I was there teaching for the summer. | 我那年在那教课 |
[07:46] | What did you teach? | 你教什么课? |
[07:48] | Uh, dance. | 舞蹈 |
[07:49] | Dance? | 舞蹈? |
[07:51] | Yeah, Ted, dance. Maybe you’ve heard of it. | 对泰德 舞蹈 也许你听说过… |
[07:54] | It was just a simple summer job, but it turned into so much more. | 原本只是一份简单的夏日工 结果变成了… |
[07:59] | Her name was Frances Houseman, but everyone called her Baby. | 她的名字叫弗朗西斯 可是大家都叫她”宝贝” |
[08:03] | # Sylvia # | 塞尔娃 |
[08:04] | # Yes, Mickey? # | 米奇 什么事? |
[08:05] | # How you call your loverboy? # | 你管你的宝贝叫什么? |
[08:08] | # Come here, loverboy # | 来这 宝贝 |
[08:10] | # And if he doesn’t answer # | 如果他不回答 |
[08:12] | # Oh, loverboy # | 哦 宝贝 |
[08:14] | # And if he still doesn’t answer? # | 如果他还是不回答? |
[08:16] | # I simply say, baby… # | 我简单的说 宝贝儿 |
[08:20] | # Oh, baby # | 宝贝 |
[08:24] | # My sweet baby # | 我甜蜜的宝贝儿 |
[08:28] | That’s Dirty Dancing. | 那是”风骚舞蹈” (电视节目) |
[08:30] | – It was on last night. – No, it was two nights ago. | – 昨晚电视上播了 – 不对 是两晚前 |
[08:32] | “She’s Like the Wind” has been stuck in my brain for about 40 hours. | “她像一阵风” 已经在我的脑海里 回荡了四十个小时了 |
[08:34] | I just got it out. Now it’s back in. | 我刚忘了 又想起了 |
[08:37] | Damn you, Swayze! | 该死的斯威泽 (Patrick Swayze热舞十七男主角演员) |
[08:40] | – Do you remember our first time? – Yeah. | – 记得我们的第一次? – 记得 |
[08:43] | It was back in college. | 是上大学的时候 |
[08:46] | Oh, wait, wait. | 等一等 |
[08:48] | Look… I really want to do this, but… | 我很想干这个 可是… |
[08:51] | we should make it special, you know? | 你不觉得我们应该 把我们的第一次变得特别? |
[08:54] | Do this right. | 得干的到位 |
[08:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:59] | You’re right. | 我同意 |
[09:00] | Maybe we could go to the beach and get a house for the weekend. | 也许周末可以到海边租栋别墅 |
[09:04] | Yeah, New Year’s Eve. | 或者新年前夕 |
[09:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:09] | Oh, and we’ll light candles and maybe put on some classical music. | 我们还可以点一些蜡烛 放古典音乐 |
[09:14] | That’s not a good idea. | 我不喜欢那个主意 |
[09:16] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[09:17] | Long story. | 很难解释 |
[09:18] | But maybe we could put on some Al Green and take a bubble bath together. | 可是我们可以听艾尔·格林的音乐 还可以一起泡澡 |
[09:21] | Oh, yeah, that sounds so good. | 听起来是个好主意 |
[09:25] | Oh, I love you, Marshall. | 我爱你 马修 |
[09:27] | I’m so glad we’re waiting. | 我很高兴我们没那么性急 |
[09:29] | Oops. | 12分钟后… |
[09:34] | – Oh, that’s adorable. – Yeah, tell her what happened next. | – 那真可爱 – 告诉她接下来怎么了 |
[09:38] | – That was amazing. – Yeah. | – 那爽的不可思议 – 是呀 |
[09:40] | Want to do it again? | 要再干一次? |
[09:42] | Please don’t. | 求你们别了 |
[09:45] | – We said we were sorry. – Yeah, well, then why’d you do it again? | – 我们道了谦 – 真的嘛 为什么又干了一次? |
[09:48] | You know what, I loaned you my Walkman. | 我把我的随身听借给你了 |
[09:50] | The point is no matter what, it’s never gonna be as perfect as you want it to be. | 反正意思是 不管怎么样 第一次都不会是想象得那么完美 |
[09:55] | Well, mine was terrible. | 我的第一次非常糟糕 |
[09:57] | Wait, I’ve never heard your story. | 等等 你还一直没告诉我过 |
[10:00] | Well, as you know, I was 16. | 如你所知 我当时16岁 |
[10:03] | And it was with my boyfriend Brian. | 是和我当时的男朋友 布莱恩 一起干的 |
[10:09] | – Ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了吗? – 好了 |
[10:13] | – This feels so right. – Oh, I know. | – 这气氛真好 – 我知道 |
[10:16] | – Oh, Robin. – Oh, Brian. | – 罗宾 – 布莱恩 |
[10:21] | Yeah, I’m gay. | 对了 我是同性恋 |
[10:25] | – I’m so sorry. – Eh, I should’ve known. | – 我真为你感到痛苦 – 算了 我应该早就看出来了 |
[10:29] | There were signs. | 有一些前兆 |
[10:32] | Oh, my God! | 老天啊! |
[10:33] | My mom’s home. Quick! | 我妈回来了 赶快! |
[10:34] | – Get under my bed. – What?! | – 躲到我床底下 – 什么?! |
[10:37] | Oh, my God! | 老天啊! |
[10:40] | You only get one shot at losing your virginity. | 你只有一个失去处女之身的机会 |
[10:44] | And even though I just barely had sex, it counts. | 虽然我只是干了一丁点 但也算… |
[10:48] | Well, he didn’t dive all the way into the pool, but he… | 比方说 他没跳到 游泳池的底下去 可是他… |
[10:52] | splashed around in the shallow end. | 在浅的那一头玩了一下水 |
[10:55] | Then you didn’t lose your virginity to him. | 那样的话 他不算是你的第一次 |
[10:58] | – Just barely doesn’t count. – Yes, it does. | – 一丁点不算 – 一丁点也算 |
[11:01] | – No, it doesn’t. – Yes, it does. | – 不算 – 也算 |
[11:02] | No, it doesn’t. It doesn’t count. End of story. | 不 不算 一丁点不算 争论解决了 |
[11:05] | Ooh, why, Lily Aldrin, you saucy little harlot. | 莉莉 你这个小妖精 |
[11:09] | Could it be that before Marshall took a swim, someone else tested the water? | 是不是在马修游泳之前 有别人试了水? |
[11:14] | No. Nobody else tested the water, right? | 不 没有别人试过水 对吗? |
[11:20] | Scooter? | 难道是史古特? |
[11:21] | Who’s Scooter? | 史古特是谁? |
[11:22] | My high school boyfriend, who I did not have sex with. | 我在高中的男朋友 我和他绝对没有过 |
[11:24] | I… I can’t believe this. | 我…我不敢相信 |
[11:27] | We’re Marshall and Lily– when people see us, they say, | 我们可是马修和莉莉 别人看见我们会说 |
[11:29] | “Oh, look at them, they’ve only had sex with each other.” | “哦 看看他们 他们只跟对方上过床” |
[11:33] | No, Marshall, they say, “Oh, look at them, | 不 马修 人们其实说 “哦 看看他们” |
[11:35] | they’ve only had sex with each other.” | 他们只跟对方有过性交 |
[11:38] | But now that’s not true anymore– | 可是那不是真的了 |
[11:40] | now you’ve had sex with twice as many people as I have. | 你上过床的人是我的两倍 |
[11:43] | I knew that you were too good at it. | 我一直就觉得 你在床上的技术太好了 |
[11:45] | Know what? I don’t want to see the stupid Empire State Building anymore. | 知道吗? 我根本 不要看愚蠢的帝国大厦了 |
[11:48] | – It’s not stupid. – I’m going to see Kyle. | – 帝国大厦不愚蠢 – 我要去看凯尔 |
[11:51] | Katie, please. You only get to lose your virginity once. | 凯蒂 求求你了 你只有一个失去处女之身的机会 |
[11:55] | You should only be having sex with someone who’s special. | 你应该留给某个特别的人 |
[11:57] | Oh, please– you’ve had sex with, like, a hundred guys. | 你跟一百多个人有了性交 |
[12:00] | It’s not a hundred guys. It’s not a hundred guys. | 没有一百个 没有一百个! |
[12:04] | I’m sure you were madly in love with all of them. | 我肯定你跟他们每一个都非常相爱 |
[12:06] | I had different levels of feeling for each of the… | 我对每一个都有不同的感情… |
[12:09] | very reasonable number of guys. | 其实是个非常合理的数字 |
[12:12] | Really. | 真的 |
[12:13] | Well, do you love Ted? | 那么 你爱泰德吗? |
[12:22] | Do you love Ted ? | 你爱他吗? |
[12:25] | I, um… | 我… |
[12:25] | Okay, Empire State Building fun fact number 22: | 帝国大厦趣事第二十二 |
[12:28] | The Empire State Building has tons of places where people can have private conversations. | 帝国大厦有很多 人们可以私下谈话的地方 |
[12:33] | – You’re off the hook, okay? – Just let me explain. | – 你不用回答 好吗? – 就让我解释 |
[12:35] | You don’t have to explain anything. You don’t have to say it– it’s fine. | 你不用作任何解释 你不用说出来 没事 |
[12:39] | Okay, but if relationships are like a freeway, then saying… | 好 可是如果谈恋爱 像条高速公路的话 那么… |
[12:44] | “hm hm hm” is like… getting into the carpool lane. | “嗯嗯嗯” 就像 进入共车道一样 |
[12:48] | And I don’t want to take an exit, but… | 而我不想下这道高速 可是… |
[12:51] | at the same time, I’m not ready to get into the carpool lane. | 我还没有进入共车道的准备 |
[12:54] | Because what’s in the carpool lane? | 知道在共车道里有什么吗? |
[12:56] | Oh, it’s a big diamond, and I’m just not ready to get… | 那有一颗大钻石 可是我还不愿意结… |
[12:59] | Okay, Robin, Robin, stop. | 好 罗宾 别说了 |
[13:01] | It’s no big deal– you don’t have to say it. | 这没什么大惊小怪的 你不用说出来 |
[13:03] | It’s just, it’s a big thing to say to someone, and I don’t want to say it too soon. | 说出来是个大事 我不想说得太早 |
[13:08] | What, you mean like I did? | 怎么啦?你是说 像我说得那么早吗? |
[13:09] | No. I didn’t… | 不 我没说… |
[13:12] | Yeah, like you did. | 对啊 你是有点早 |
[13:14] | I mean, you have to admit it, Ted, it was a little weird. | 可是 泰德 你也得承认 你那么早就说出来有点怪怪的 |
[13:18] | – Weird… or courageous? – Pretty sure weird. | – 奇怪…还是大胆? – 蛮奇怪是肯定的 |
[13:22] | I mean, who gives it up on the first date? | 谁第一次约会就说出来? |
[13:25] | Well, come on, it shows I’m brave and bold, like a knight. | 可是表现出我 勇敢得跟一个骑士一样 |
[13:27] | No, it shows that you’re an I-love-you slut. | 不 显示出你 是个爱说我爱你的浪子 |
[13:30] | Well, then you’re an I-love-you prude. | 那么你就是个 不说我爱你的吝啬鬼 |
[13:31] | You know what? I take mine back. | 算了 我把它收回来 |
[13:33] | – You… What? – I take my “I love you” back. | – 你…什么? – 我把我的”我爱你”收回来 |
[13:35] | – You can’t take it back. – Nah. Just did. Got it right here. | – 你不能说收就收 – 才不呢 我刚收回来了 |
[13:37] | But, you know, I’m such a slut, I’m just gonna give it away. | 既然我是个浪子 我干脆跟谁都说 |
[13:40] | Hey, you, sir. I love you. | 你 这位先生 我爱你 |
[13:42] | Thank you, man. | 真得很感谢 |
[13:44] | I was going up there to jump. | 我原本是要上楼跳下去的 |
[13:49] | Marshall, why is this such a big deal? | 马修 为什么你这么看重它 |
[13:52] | Why is this such a big deal? | 为什么这么看重 |
[13:54] | Oh, uh, sorry, Christopher Columbus, guess who actually discovered the New World. | 对不起 哥伦布 猜猜谁真的发现了北美洲? |
[13:58] | Some dude named Scooter. | 一个叫史古特的小子 |
[14:00] | Oh, uh, Neil Armstrong, it actually goes like this: | 尼尔·阿姆斯特朗 其实是这样说的 |
[14:03] | “One small step for man, one giant leap for Scooter.” | 这是一个人的一小步 却是史古特的一大步 |
[14:07] | Whoa, hey, Adam, guess who got with Eve | 亚当 猜猜谁在你之前… |
[14:09] | – before you did… – Okay, Marshall, I get it. | – 跟夏娃有了性交? – 好的 马修 我理解了 |
[14:10] | It’s a big deal because it rewrites our history. | 这之所以重要 因为我们的会因此历史而重写 |
[14:13] | No, it doesn’t. | 不 不用 |
[14:14] | Look, have you been to the Empire State Building? | 这么说 你来过帝国大厦? |
[14:17] | No. You’ve only been in the lobby. | 没有 你只来过第一楼的大厅 |
[14:19] | People don’t buy tickets to get in the lobby. | 人们买票的目的不是进入大厅 |
[14:21] | They buy tickets to get to the top. | 买票的人都要到顶上去 |
[14:24] | Scooter only got in the lobby, and the lobby doesn’t count. | 史古特只到过大厅 而大厅不算.. |
[14:27] | Really. | 真的? |
[14:28] | Excuse me, sir, uh, can you tell me how to get to the Empire State Building? | 您能告诉我怎么到帝国大厦? |
[14:31] | Um, we’re in it right now. | 我们现在就在帝国大厦里面 |
[14:33] | Thank you, sir. You’re a very wise and brilliant man. | 谢谢你 先生 你是个非常聪明的人 |
[14:37] | You’re right. | 你没错 |
[14:38] | Why would I throw that all away? | 我为什么要把一切都抛弃掉? |
[14:41] | I’m having the best day! | 今天真美好 |
[14:44] | Katie, I’ll admit, maybe I’m not in any place | 我得承认也许我没资格… |
[14:47] | to lecture you on romantic relationships, but… | 在与感情有关的 问题上教训你 可是… |
[14:50] | but I just don’t want you to make the same mistakes that I’ve made. | 我真的不想 看到你跟我犯一样的错误 |
[14:54] | – Oh, believe me, Kyle is not gay. – That’s not what I meant. | – 相信我 凯尔不是同性恋 – 我说的不是那个意思 |
[14:59] | I just wish you weren’t in such a rush to grow up. | 我只希望你没有这么急着长大 |
[15:03] | Please don’t do this. | 求你不要和凯尔上床 |
[15:05] | But, kids, later that night, Katie did it, | 可是 孩子们 凯蒂却和凯尔上了床 |
[15:09] | and she got pregnant… with quintuplets… | 她怀了孕 生了四胞胎 |
[15:13] | and she lived out her days in a trailer park… | 余生住在一个破房子里 |
[15:17] | where she died an alcoholic. | 死的时候还是个酒鬼 |
[15:19] | So the moral here, kids, don’t have sex until you’re married. | 孩子们 这个故事的寓意是 在结婚之前 决不能有性交 |
[15:22] | Maybe even, like, a year or two into marriage. | 甚至 等到结了一两年婚以后 |
[15:24] | – Dad! – Come on, what really happened? | – 老爸! – 拜托 到底发生了什么? |
[15:26] | All right, here’s what really happened. | 好吧 说真的 |
[15:30] | – Hey. – Hey. She didn’t do it. | 她没有干 |
[15:31] | Hey, that’s great! You got through to her. | 太好了!看来你说的话她听进去了 |
[15:34] | No, I didn’t. You did. | 我的话没进去 你的进了 |
[15:36] | She told me that you talked to her. | 她告诉我 你和她谈了一会 |
[15:42] | Hey, Katie. Hey. Got another Empire State Building fun fact for me? | 还有帝国大厦趣事要说? |
[15:45] | No. I wouldn’t bore you with the seven million man-hours | 没了 我可不想 让你无聊的听我解释 |
[15:47] | it took to build this 102-story testament to human will. | 这幢102层的大楼是 如何在700万小时内建成 |
[15:53] | So, you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[15:55] | I don’t know what everyone is freaking out about. | 我不知道为什么 大家都大惊小怪的 |
[15:57] | Kyle, he’s a really nice guy. | 凯尔是个很好的人 |
[15:59] | He could’ve cheated on me with my lab partner Gretchen Gwynn, but he didn’t. | 他有机会和我的朋友葛蕾晨 在实验室胡搞 可是他没有 |
[16:02] | ‘Cause he said he knew I’d find out. | 因为他说他知道我会发现 |
[16:07] | That’s very gallant. | 这听起来很坦率 |
[16:09] | Well, I don’t know what your sister’s freaking out about, either. | 我也不知道为什么 你姐姐把这事看得这么重 |
[16:11] | – I was your age my first time. – Oh, really? | – 我第一次的时候 跟你一样大 – 真的么? |
[16:13] | Yeah, yeah. It was, uh, it was with this girl, Molly. | 没错 是和这个叫莫利的女孩 |
[16:18] | I love you, Ted. | 我爱你 泰德 |
[16:19] | Oh, I love you, too, Molly. | 莫利 我也爱你 |
[16:22] | But I didn’t. | 可是我没有爱她 |
[16:24] | That was amazing. | 那太爽了 |
[16:27] | Look, I got to go. | 对不起 我得走了 |
[16:29] | Where are you going? | 你去哪? |
[16:31] | My cousin got some firecrackers from Mexico. | 我的表哥从墨西哥搞了些爆竹 |
[16:33] | We’re going out to the woods to light ’em– it’s gonna be awesome. | 我们要去林子里点一些 很好玩 |
[16:36] | Well, will you call me? | 你会打电话给我吗? |
[16:38] | Yeah. Yeah, I’ll totally call you. | 当然 我一定会打给你 |
[16:41] | But I didn’t. | 可是我一直没给她打电话 |
[16:45] | Molly? | 莫利? |
[16:46] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[16:48] | Can I borrow 20 bucks? I’ll totally pay you back. | 可以借我二十块钱吗?我一定还 |
[16:50] | But I didn’t. | 可是我没还 |
[16:53] | And I never saw her again. | 我以后见都没见过她了 |
[16:56] | I told her I loved her, but… I just wanted to have sex. | 我告诉她我爱她 可是…我只想要做爱 |
[16:59] | I-I would’ve said anything to make that happen, and… | 我说什么都行 只要能和她鬼混 |
[17:01] | that’s exactly what I did. | 而我就那么作了 |
[17:05] | Look, I’m not telling you what to do. | 我不想告诉你怎么做 |
[17:08] | I’m just telling you what all 17-year-old boys are like. | 我只是想让你知道 十七岁的男孩是什么样的 |
[17:11] | Even the nice ones. | 连”好人”也不例外 |
[17:14] | So I told Kyle I wanted to wait… and he dumped me. | 我告诉凯尔我想等… 他就把我甩了 |
[17:19] | Oh, oh, sweetie, I’m so sorry. | 我好抱歉 |
[17:24] | Aw, honey. | 甜心 |
[17:26] | I promise everything is gonna be okay. | 我保证一切都会好起来的 |
[17:33] | You want to watch The Little Mermaid and drink some YooHoo? | 你想不想看”美人鱼” 喝果汁? |
[17:38] | Only if you put a buttload of Kahlua in it. | 你得在果汁里放一大勺糖 |
[17:41] | Don’t tell Mom. | 别告诉妈妈 |
[17:45] | Thanks for doing that. | 谢谢你 |
[17:47] | You’re welcome. I knew it meant a lot to you. | 不用谢 我知道 对你来说这事意义很深 |
[17:49] | But, man, your story, I mean, it doesn’t even sound like you. | 你的故事里面的你一点都不像你 |
[17:54] | Yeah, well… | 嗯… |
[17:58] | I love you, Molly. | 我爱你 茉莉 |
[17:59] | Oh, I love you, too, Ted. | 泰德 我也爱你 |
[18:03] | Wow. That was amazing. | 哇 刚才太棒了 |
[18:06] | Look, I got to go. | 我的走了 |
[18:09] | Wh-Where are you going? | 你-你要去哪? |
[18:10] | Uh, my cousin got some firecrackers from Mexico. | 我的表哥从墨西哥搞了些爆竹 |
[18:13] | We’re going into the woods to light them. | 我们要去林子里点一些 |
[18:15] | It’s gonna be awesome. | 肯定会非常好玩 |
[18:16] | Will you call me? | 那么你会给我打电话? |
[18:18] | Yeah. I’ll totally call you. | 当然 我肯定会打电话给你 |
[18:21] | – Oh, Ted? – Yeah? | – 泰德? – 什么? |
[18:24] | Can I borrow 20 bucks? I’ll totally pay you back. | 能借我二十块钱吗?我肯定会还给你 |
[18:29] | – But she didn’t. – Oh, come here. | – 可是她没还. – 哦 过来 |
[18:38] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:42] | I said it. | 我说出来了 |
[18:45] | Feels right. | 感觉真好 |
[18:48] | – I love you. – I’m gay. | – 我爱你 – 我是个同性恋 |
[18:49] | I’m kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[18:52] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[18:57] | Hey… you lost your I-love-you-ginity. | 你的”我爱你”处女说 没了 |
[19:00] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:02] | I guess I was just waiting for the right guy. | 我想我只是在等到个够格的男人吧 |
[19:11] | Katie ended up having a great first time in New York. | 凯蒂最后在纽约玩得很开心 |
[19:14] | And the last thing we did before she left was go to the Empire State Building. | 在她回家之前 我们以又去了一次帝国大厦 |
[19:18] | I am so glad we’re finally doing this. | 我很高兴我们终于一起来了 |
[19:20] | What are you talking about? We were here yesterday. | 你说什么屁话呢? 我们昨天才来的这 |
[19:22] | Yeah, but that didn’t really count. | 是啊 可是那不算数 |
[19:24] | – Oh, crap. – Exactly! | – 哦 惨了 – 对 |
[19:27] | So yesterday doesn’t count as having gone to the Empire State Building. | 那么昨天我们不算来过这里 |
[19:31] | So I lost it to you, Marshall. | 那么说马修你是我的第一次 |
[19:33] | And I rode that elevator to the top, | 而我乘那个电梯到了顶头… |
[19:36] | and I saw that view, and I basked in the awesomeness. | 看到了美丽的风景 而我也沉醉其中 |
[19:41] | And that’s our story. | 那才是我们的故事 |
[19:43] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s our story. | 对 对 那是我们的故事 |
[19:46] | We’ve only had sex with each other. | 我们只跟对方做过爱 |
[19:47] | We’ve only had sex with each other. | 我们只跟对方做过爱 |
[19:49] | They’ve only had sex with each other. | 他们只跟对方有过性交 |
[19:55] | Ooh, okay, in, in we go, in we go. | 好了 大家一起进去 |
[19:58] | Okay, Empire State Building fun fact number 81: | 有趣的帝国大厦事实第八十一点: |
[20:01] | There are 1,860 steps from this… Whoa, whoa! Come on! | 从这里有1860个台阶…哇!哇!拜托 |
[20:12] | So, now you guys can finally say you’ve been to the Empire State Building. | 现在你们才能真正 说你们到过帝国大厦 |
[20:14] | How have you lived here so long and never been to the top? | 你们怎么在这住了 这么久却没来过顶上? |
[20:17] | Well, we’re usually busy… drinking. | 我们一般都很忙于…喝酒 |
[20:21] | Speaking of first times, we never got to hear | 说到底一次 我们一直没听过… |
[20:24] | – your virginity story. – That’s right, I almost forgot. | – 你是去处男之身的故事 – 对了 我差点忘了 |
[20:27] | Okay. I was 16, and it was in a baseball dugout… | 我当时6岁 在棒球场上 |
[20:32] | Fast Times at Ridgemont High. | "里奇蒙高中的趣事" (一部青年电影) |
[20:33] | I mean, I was in a subway with a high-priced call girl… | 我是说 我和一个高档妓女一起在地铁里 |
[20:35] | Risky Business. | "贸易冒险"(另一部电影) |
[20:36] | I was accidentally hacking into NORAD’S computer… | 我意外的在破入别人的电脑 |
[20:38] | That’s War Games, and there’s not even a sex scene in it. | 那是"战争游戏" 里面都没有亲热的镜头 |
[20:40] | All right! | 好啦! |
[20:43] | I was 23, and it was with my mom’s 45-year-old divorced friend, Rhonda. | 我当时23岁 是和我妈妈的一个离婚了的朋友 她45岁 名叫隆达 |
[20:47] | She called me “Barry” the whole time, and for two weeks, | 她管我叫巴立叫了两个星期 |
[20:49] | my comforter smelled like menthol cigarettes. You happy? | 搞得我的床布满了 香烟的气味 你高兴了? |
[20:59] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[21:01] | Why don’t you tell us again about your first time at the camp in the Catskills. | 你还是告诉我们 你在夏令营的时候吧 |
[21:06] | Baby and her family spent every summer at Kellerman’s. | 宝贝和她的家人 每年夏天都在那过 |
[21:09] | Her dad did not approve of our love. | 她爸爸不赞成我们相爱 |
[21:12] | – Did anyone put Baby in a corner? – Oh, God, no. | – 有人把宝贝搁在角落里吗? – 哦 天啊 没有 |
[21:16] | What can I say, I… | 我怎么说 我… |
[21:18] | had… the time of my life. | 度过了我一生最好的一刻 |
[21:21] | True story. | 真实故事 |