时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | back we are dating robin and i had this running joke. | 当我和罗宾在一起的时候 我们经常开一个玩笑 |
[00:03] | we were the only two people in the world who found it funny | 当然也只有我们俩才会觉得有意思 |
[00:06] | no way. | 不可能 |
[00:07] | march does not have 31 days. | 三月怎么可能有31天呢 |
[00:09] | yes, it does. | 明明就有 |
[00:10] | everyone knows that. | 大家都知道 |
[00:11] | it’s like general knowledge. | 这是常识好不好 |
[00:13] | general knowledge. general knowledge. | -常识将军 -常识将军 |
[00:15] | and we did it all the time. | 我们总是乐在其中 |
[00:17] | isn’t it sad? | 真悲惨 |
[00:18] | i mean in 2007, | 现在都2007年了 |
[00:20] | some countries actually still condone corporal punishment. | 居然还有些国家还能容忍体罚的存在 |
[00:23] | corporal punishment. corporal punishment. | -惩罚下士 -惩罚下士 |
[00:25] | because once you start | 因为你一旦上瘾了 |
[00:26] | it’s surprisingly hard to stop | 就很难停下来了 |
[00:28] | oh, man, i got a kernel stuck in my teeth. | 晕 我牙里塞了块东西 |
[00:31] | colonel stuck-in-my-teeth. | 住在牙里的上校 |
[00:33] | please stop! i hate you!you’re killing me! | -没完没了 -我恨你 -真要命 |
[00:35] | but now, we were broken up,so when marshall said… | 但是现在我们分手了 当马修说… |
[00:40] | we just let it slide. | 我们却对这种玩笑置之不理 |
[00:43] | you see, on the surface,robin and i looked like | 从表面上看 我和罗宾似乎 |
[00:44] | we were doing great. | 关系很好 |
[00:45] | but the truth is, | 但事实却是 |
[00:47] | trying to be friends with your ex | 试图和你的前任男(女)朋友变成朋友 |
[00:49] | is a lot harder than it looks | 要比想像中难多了 |
[00:50] | you can’t be as candid as you used to be | 你们不可能像原来那样亲密 |
[00:52] | so then this hot intern leans over my desk, | 然后那个性感的医师靠在桌子上 |
[00:54] | i can totally see she has a pierced… | 我可以清楚的看到她的穿是的… |
[00:57] | brosnan. | 布鲁斯南 |
[00:58] | pierce brosnan is my favorite of all the bonds. | 我最喜欢皮尔斯·布鲁斯南演的007 |
[01:01] | but most importantly, you can never, ever be alone together. | 可是最重要的是 你再也无法和她独处 |
[01:05] | i gotta go. | 我得闪了 |
[01:06] | -i’m gonna go pay. -peeing. | -我买单 -我尿尿 |
[01:13] | i’m gonna help marshall pay. | 我去陪马修买单 |
[01:14] | i’m gonna help lily pee. | 我去陪莉莉尿尿 |
[01:29] | all right,we have a turkey. | 瞧 我把火鸡买好啦 |
[01:31] | yeah, we do. | 看见了 |
[01:32] | isn’t this exciting? | 你们一定觉得很兴奋吧 |
[01:34] | our first thanksgiving together as a group. | 这可是我们几个第一次一起过感恩节 |
[01:36] | yeah, this is gonna be the best slapsgiving ever. | 的确 这次耳光节一定会很棒的 |
[01:38] | what? | 你说什么 |
[01:39] | i said this is going to be | 我是说 这次感恩节 |
[01:41] | the best thanksgiving ever | 一定会很棒 |
[01:43] | yeah, this is going to be great. | 对 肯定很棒 |
[01:44] | just the five of us, right? | 就我们五个人 对吧 |
[01:46] | oh, uh, that reminds me: i invited bob. | 我刚想起来 我还邀请了鲍勃 |
[01:48] | bob? | 鲍勃? |
[01:49] | you’ve been on, like,three dates with that guy. | 你和那家伙才约会过三次而已 |
[01:51] | we haven’t even met him. | 我们还没见过他呢 |
[01:52] | well, he didn’t have anywhere else to go, | 他也没什么地方可以去的 |
[01:55] | and i didn’t know what to say. | 我也不好拒绝他 |
[01:56] | is it really that big a deal? | 你们觉得很不合适吗 |
[01:58] | yes. | 你说呢 |
[01:59] | this is our first thanksgiving. | 这是我们第一次一起过感恩节啊 |
[02:00] | 30 years from now, we’re going to look at the photos | 30年之后 我们看着照片说 |
[02:03] | and say, “oh, there’s the four people i love most in the world. | 看 这是我的四个死党 |
[02:07] | and bob.” | 外加一个鲍勃 |
[02:09] | i’m sorry,sometimes i forget | 不好意思 我有时会忘了 |
[02:10] | how seriously you guys take american thanksgiving. | 你们美国人有多重视感恩节 |
[02:13] | real thanksgiving happened over a month ago. | 真正的感恩节都过了一个月了 |
[02:15] | i’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[02:17] | did you just say canadian thanksgiving was | 你刚是说加拿大的感恩节 |
[02:19] | and i’m quoting,”the real thanksgiving”? | 对你来说才是真正的感恩节? |
[02:22] | what do canadians even have to celebrate about? | 过节那天加拿大人究竟都庆祝些什么呢 |
[02:27] | canadian thanksgiving | 加拿大的感恩节 |
[02:29] | celebrates explorer martin frobisher’s valiant | 是用来歌颂探险者马丁·法贝瑟 |
[02:31] | yet ultimately unsuccessful attempt | 对西北航道的探索的那种英勇无畏 |
[02:34] | to find the northwest passage. | 和百折不挠的精神 |
[02:35] | why are you guys even a country? | 你们居然也能称之为国家? |
[02:38] | oh, hey, by the way, | 顺便说一下 |
[02:40] | if anyone wants to come over early thursday, | 周四你们可以一大早就来我那 |
[02:41] | we can watch the slapsgiving day parade. | 我们一起看耳光节游行(圣诞大游行) |
[02:43] | well,there,you said it again. | 停 你又说了一遍 |
[02:45] | said what? | 说什么 |
[02:45] | slapsgiving. | 耳光节 |
[02:46] | oh, i guess i did. | 那就当我说了吧 |
[02:48] | you know why? i’ve invented a new holiday: slapsgiving. | 其实是我发明了的一个新节日–耳光节 |
[02:52] | it’s the one day we set aside each year | 每年过节那天我们 |
[02:54] | to gather together and give slaps. | 都要聚到一起 然后互抽耳光 |
[02:57] | i should explain | 我得解释一下 |
[02:58] | kids, you remember the slap bet | 孩子们 你们还记得一年前 |
[03:00] | a year earlier, marshall made a bet with barney | 马修和巴尼打赌谁输了就抽谁耳光 |
[03:02] | and won the right to slap him five times | 结果马修赢得了5次抽巴尼耳光的机会 |
[03:05] | he had already used the first | 他已经用了第一次 |
[03:07] | and the second. | 和第二次 |
[03:10] | but marshall had something special in store for the third | 但是马修对这第三次可是酝酿已久 |
[03:13] | slapcountdown.com. | 抽耳光倒计时 |
[03:14] | no. | 不 |
[03:16] | no, no. | 不 不可能 |
[03:17] | the countdown ends at 3:00 p.m. | 倒计时显示结束时间是 |
[03:19] | the day after thanksgiving. | 感恩节第二天下午3点 |
[03:21] | i counted it out. | 我可数过了 |
[03:22] | how many days are in october? | 你那说10月有多少天 |
[03:24] | uh, thirty. | 30天 |
[03:26] | dude, i thought we cleared this up last year. | 哥们 我还以为去年我们明确地告诉过你了呢 |
[03:29] | i like halloween very much. | 我爱死万圣节了 |
[03:32] | is nice. | 真不错 |
[03:34] | is also tomorrow. | 明天才是万圣节呢 |
[03:35] | damn it! | 真丢脸! |
[03:38] | wait, you’re gonna slap me on thanksgiving? | 等会 你打算在感恩节抽我耳光? |
[03:41] | slapsgiving. | 是在耳光节 |
[03:42] | that’s not allowed. | 肯定不行 |
[03:44] | lily, you’re the slap bet commissioner, is that allowed? | 莉莉 你是耳光赌局的评委 你说了算 |
[03:46] | the hostess in me who’s using her wedding china | 作为第一次使用婚礼瓷器的女主人 |
[03:49] | for the first time wants to say hell, no, | 我想说 妈的不行 |
[03:51] | but yeah,i’m going to allow it. | 但是 我对此事没有异议 |
[03:54] | well, you know what? | 你们要知道 |
[03:55] | if you’re trying to freak me out | 要是你们真想让我 |
[03:57] | about spending thanksgiving… | 在感恩节抓狂崩溃 |
[03:58] | slapsgiving. | 是耳光节 |
[03:59] | at your place, then you failed. | 我必须得说 你们失败了 |
[04:01] | truth is, i’m not scared. | 实际上我一点也不害怕 |
[04:03] | -really?-right.cause you blew it. | -真的? -对 因为你们把它搞砸了 |
[04:06] | hmm.the worst part about getting slapped | 被抽耳光最可怕的部分就是 |
[04:07] | is not knowing when it’s going to happen. | 不知道什么时候会凭空被抽一巴掌 |
[04:09] | but now i know exactly when i’m gonna get slapped. | 但是现在我知道你什么时候会抽我 |
[04:11] | so, you took all the suspense out. | 你已经完全打消了 |
[04:14] | you showed your hand. | 我对于你什么时候出手的焦虑 |
[04:16] | and thursday at 3:01 p.m., | 对 就在周4下午3点01分 |
[04:18] | your face is going to show my hand. | 我的手会准时印在你脸上 |
[04:23] | oh, there’s bob! | 鲍勃来了 |
[04:25] | by the way, heads up, he’s a little bit older than us. | 顺便说一句 他比我们都要大一点点 |
[04:26] | how old is he? | 一点点是多少 |
[04:27] | he’s forty-one. | 他才41岁 |
[04:28] | hey, bob! | 嘿 鲍勃 |
[04:29] | over here! | 在这 |
[04:31] | okay, kids, the truth is,bob probably looked like this. | 孩子们 或许鲍勃实际上是长成这样 |
[04:34] | -hey, sweetie.-hi. | -嗨 宝贝 -嗨 |
[04:36] | but when your ex is dating someone new | 但是当你的前任女友有了新欢时 |
[04:38] | your mind tends to accentuate their flaws. | 你就会很自然的丑化那个人的形象 |
[04:41] | this is how i saw bob. | 我眼中的鲍勃是长这样的 |
[04:42] | hey, dudes,what’s crackin’?. | 哥们 在谈什么呢 |
[04:45] | -hey -hey, man, how are you? | 哥们 你好啊 |
[04:46] | good to meet you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[04:47] | sorry i’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[04:48] | i just got off the phone with my parents. | 我刚刚和我父母通话来着 |
[04:50] | parents? | 你父母? |
[04:51] | they were totally on my case: | 他们一直对我问这问那的 |
[04:53] | “what are you gonna do with your life? you’re forty-one.” | 你都41了 总得为自己的未来打算打算 |
[04:54] | and i’m like, “chillax,snowboarding is a legit career. | 然后我说 别担心 滑雪好歹是个正规的职业啊 |
[04:59] | you ought to be stoked i found my bliss.” | 这是可天赐良机 你们应该高兴才是 |
[05:02] | and speaking of bliss,sugar me, baby. | 说到天赐良机 宝贝 来亲一个 |
[05:07] | let’s go get a drink. | 我们去喝一杯 |
[05:13] | unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[05:14] | robin is dating orville redenbacher. | 罗宾就像是在和奥维尔·雷登巴赫尔约会(新型爆米花的发明者) |
[05:17] | what are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[05:19] | he’s forty-one.he looks great. | 他才41 他看起来很精神 |
[05:22] | yeah, du he’s in pretty good shape. | 对啊 而且他身材保持得很好呢 |
[05:23] | he could kick your ass. | 说不定他还能把你揍一顿呢 |
[05:24] | how are you guys not seeing this? | 你们怎么能不以为然呢 |
[05:26] | he’s 150; robin’s 27. | 他都快150岁了 罗宾才27岁 |
[05:28] | barney, come on,what do you got? | 巴尼 给点意见嘛 |
[05:30] | nothing but respect for that man. | 我对他只有单纯的尊敬而已 |
[05:32] | oh, by the way, we’re all baking pies at robin’s tomorrow. | 明天我们都要去罗宾家去做馅饼 |
[05:35] | marshall can’t be trusted in the apartment with pies overnight. | 马修不能和馅饼单独过夜 |
[05:39] | for the millionth time, | 都说过一万遍了 |
[05:41] | sleep-eating is a very serious and delicious medical condition. | 梦食症可虽然很严重 但同时也是很美味的医学课题 |
[05:47] | hey, uh, what time are you guys going to robin’s? | 那你们几点去罗宾家 |
[05:49] | 7:30. | 7点半 |
[05:50] | perfect. | 好极了 |
[05:51] | just to be safe,i’ll get there like 8:00, 8:30. | 为了安全起见 我大概8点或者8点半到 |
[05:55] | sorry i’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[05:57] | where are marshall and lily? | 马修和莉莉在哪 |
[05:57] | uh, they just called. | 他们刚打电话来 |
[05:59] | they’re both super swamped preparing for tomorrow. | 他们正为了明天的事儿忙得四脚朝天呢 |
[06:09] | is bob coming? | 鲍勃来吗 |
[06:10] | no, he went to see green day. | 他不来了 他去看绿日乐队演出了 |
[06:14] | so it’s… | 那就 |
[06:15] | -…just the two of us. -…just the two of us. | -就我们两个 -就我们两个 |
[06:16] | making pies. | 做馅饼 |
[06:18] | pies. they’re things that friends make together. | 做馅饼 这是朋友们一起做的事情 |
[06:19] | yeah, they do. | 对 说得没错 |
[06:22] | -great. -yeah. | -太棒了 -对啊 |
[06:23] | great. well, this is great. | 太棒了 好极了 |
[06:24] | -it’ll give us a chance to catch up. -yeah. | -我们正好可以借机叙叙旧 -当然 |
[06:30] | -i’m going to make a phone call. -i’ll put it in the oven. | -我先打个电话 -我先把这个放烤箱里去 |
[06:34] | hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[06:36] | listen, you have to come over here and make pies. | 听我说 你得到这来做馅饼 |
[06:38] | yeah, i’ll be there, absolutely. | 好 我肯定会来的 |
[06:40] | oh, awesome, you’re a lifesaver. | 太好了 你真是我的救命稻草 |
[06:42] | it’s still kind of weird being alone with robin, | 和罗宾单独在一起实在很尴尬 |
[06:43] | but if you were here… | 不过要是你在这儿… |
[06:45] | hey, say no more. | 什么也别说了 |
[06:46] | i mean, when i pulled | 我是说 当我把你 |
[06:48] | you out of that burning wreckage, | 从燃烧的残骸里拖出来的时候 |
[06:49] | i wasn’t doing it to have a battleship named after me. | 可没想过会有一条以我名字来命名的战舰 |
[06:51] | but if you insist, | 不过如果你坚持的话 |
[06:52] | yes, i’ll be there for the christening. | 那我只好就恭敬不如从命咯 |
[06:54] | you’re hitting on someone right now, aren’t you? | 你在泡妞 对不对? |
[06:57] | no, i’m not going to wear the medal of honor. | 不 我可不戴那个荣誉勋章 |
[06:59] | that would just be tacky. | 那样太俗气了 |
[07:01] | so you’re not coming to make pies. | 那你是不会过来做馅饼了吧 |
[07:03] | no, no. | 不 不过去了 |
[07:04] | thank you, mr. president. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[07:05] | sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:07] | after a very long night, it was finally the big holiday. | 漫漫长夜过后 盛大的节日终于来临了 |
[07:11] | sorry, the two big holidays. | 说错了 应该是两个盛大的节日 |
[07:13] | oh, marshall, | 马修 |
[07:14] | are you working on the cranberry sauce? | 你还不去弄那个酸果沙拉酱? |
[07:15] | in a minute, baby. i’ve only got so many hands. | 等会儿宝贝 我的手是有限的 |
[07:18] | you see what i got going on here? | 看出来了吗 |
[07:20] | they’re turkeys, but they’re also hands, | 这是火鸡 也是手 |
[07:22] | because later, we’re going to eat turkey… | 因为等会我们要吃火鸡… |
[07:25] | and then i’m going to slap you in your face. | 然后我还要赏你一巴掌 |
[07:27] | please, you took out all the suspense. | 拜托 留点悬念好不好 |
[07:31] | in a horror movie, | 在恐怖电影里 |
[07:33] | the killer does not grab a bullhorn and announce, | 杀手可从来不抓着个扩音器大声嚷嚷 |
[07:34] | “attention unsupervised teens here at the lake house: | 湖边房子里没人照看的孩子们你们可得小心了 |
[07:37] | “at precisely 3:00 a.m., | 整3点的时候 |
[07:39] | “i’m gonna jump out of that closet right there | 我会从那个壁橱里跳出来 |
[07:41] | “and hack you all up with a machete. | 还会用把大砍刀把你们都砍死 |
[07:43] | p.s. fire is my one weakness.” | 随便说一句 我怕火 |
[07:49] | hey, ted. | 泰德 |
[07:51] | -hey, happy thanksgiving. -you, too. | -感恩节快乐 -你也是 |
[07:53] | is lily in the kitchen? | 莉莉在厨房吗 |
[07:54] | -yep. -great. | -对 -好的 |
[07:58] | -marshall? -lily? | -马修 -莉莉 |
[07:59] | -yeah? -uh-huh? | -怎么了 -什么事 |
[08:01] | something really weird happened last night. | 昨晚发生了件很尴尬的事 |
[08:05] | what do you mean something weird happened last night? | 昨晚发生了件尴尬事是什么意思 |
[08:07] | you may not realize this, but since we broke up, | 你可能没意识到 自从我们分手以后 |
[08:09] | robin and i have never really been alone together. | 罗宾和我还从没有单独相处过呢 |
[08:11] | so we’re in the kitchen, | 所以我们在厨房里 |
[08:12] | starting on the pies, and we realize, | 准备那些馅饼的时候 我们意识到 |
[08:14] | we don’t have a damn thing to say to each other. | 我们居然无话可说 |
[08:17] | i mean, you can’t talk about | 我是说 话题不可能是 |
[08:18] | how close you used to be. | 去回忆我们曾经如何亲密 |
[08:20] | you can’t talk about how close | 也不可能是 |
[08:21] | you’re not now. | 去叹息我们现在如何疏远 |
[08:23] | you just feel like everything you say | 你会觉得不管你说什么 |
[08:24] | is gonna make things worse. | 都只能让局面更糟糕 |
[08:25] | exactly. and you know why? | 没错 你知道为什么吗 |
[08:27] | because you don’t want to hurt someone you really care about, | 因为你不想去伤害一个你很在意的人 |
[08:30] | especially around the holidays. | 尤其是在过节的时候 |
[08:32] | i mean, what decent human being would want to cause | 我是说 有哪个正人君子 |
[08:34] | any kind of emotional or physical pain… | 会给别人的精神和肉体带来痛苦呢 |
[08:37] | you’re still getting slapped. | 你那巴掌是挨定了 |
[08:39] | i wanted to leave, but i couldn’t stick her | 我想走 可我不能 |
[08:41] | with making all the pies by herself. | 让她一个人做这些馅饼 |
[08:42] | she was exhausted. | 我怕会她累坏的 |
[08:44] | i yawned like a million times trying to get him to leave. | 我打了无数次的呵欠想让他走人 |
[08:47] | yeah, some people just can’t take a hint. | 可不是 有些人对这些暗示就是视而不见 |
[08:49] | by the way, i’m really swamped in here. | 顺便说一句 我这忙得四脚朝天了 |
[08:51] | i kept looking at the clock and sighing– | 我不停地看表又叹气 |
[08:53] | totally clueless. | 他怎么就是不明白呢 |
[08:54] | uh-huh. i’m not sure i have time to mash | 我真不知道我有没有时间 |
[08:56] | those potatoes, you’re standing right next to. | 把你旁边的那些土豆捣烂 |
[08:58] | and then ted does the thing that he always does | 一到这种没人说话的尴尬时刻 |
[09:00] | when there’s an awkward silence. | 泰德的老毛病就犯了 |
[09:01] | yep. masher’s right there, next to the pot. | 搅拌机就在锅的旁边呢 |
[09:03] | he panics and says the first thing that pops into his head. | 他一慌 就想起什么说什么 |
[09:06] | hey, did you know that | 你知道吗 |
[09:08] | the first pies in recorded history came from ancient egypt? | 史上有记载的第一个馅饼是古埃及人做的吗 |
[09:13] | remember last year’s thanksgiving, | 还记得吗 去年的感恩节 |
[09:16] | when we had sex seven times? | 我们一共做了七次 |
[09:20] | -ooh. terrible. -what?! | -太糟糕了 -怎么了 |
[09:22] | i thought it would break the ice. | 我不过是想打破那个尴尬的局面 |
[09:23] | i’d already broken the ice with my cool pie fact. | 我说那个馅饼的故事就是想打破那个尴尬的局面 |
[09:26] | then he makes it ten times more awkward. | 可他把这种尴尬又扩大了十倍 |
[09:29] | how do you respond to something like that? | 那你怎么回答他 |
[09:31] | did you know that the egyptian pyramids can be seen from space? | 你知道从太空上可以看见金字塔吗 |
[09:34] | probably? | 有这种可能吗 |
[09:37] | ooh, the oven’s pre-heated! | 烤箱预热好了 |
[09:39] | okay, um… | 好 |
[09:41] | the pecan pie is gonna take the longest. | 核桃馅饼烤的时间最长了 |
[09:43] | why don’t we put that one in first? | 我们先把这个放进去吧 |
[09:45] | pecan pie? why are we making that? | 核桃馅饼? 我们干嘛做这个 |
[09:48] | um, it’s my favorite. | 我最爱吃这个了 |
[09:49] | you’re allergic. | 你对这东西过敏 |
[09:51] | i know. i just like smelling it. | 我知道 我就喜欢闻闻味 |
[09:54] | it’s like eating with your nose. | 就好像用鼻子吃东西 |
[09:55] | so we’re making a pie for bob. | 其实我们这个馅饼是为鲍勃做的 |
[10:01] | yeah. | 对 |
[10:02] | she’s got you making pies for this guy? | 她让你给那家伙做馅饼? |
[10:05] | yeah. | 对 |
[10:06] | that is a real slap in the face. | 这简直就是往你脸上打一耳光 |
[10:10] | you know, you could have just told me it was for bob. | 其实你可以直说这是为鲍勃做的 |
[10:13] | yeah, i-i just thought it might upset you. | 可我 我就是怕你会不高兴 |
[10:15] | upset me? wait a second. | 让我不高兴? 等等 |
[10:17] | do you think that… | 你是不是觉得… |
[10:20] | …do you think that i’m jealous of bob? | 你是不是觉得我会嫉妒鲍勃 |
[10:24] | i don’t know. | 我可没这么说 |
[10:25] | is it so ridiculous to think that you might be? | 难道这么想很荒唐吗 |
[10:27] | -yes. -why? | -是的 -为什么 |
[10:29] | because he’s a thousand years old. | 因为他是个千年老妖怪 |
[10:31] | no, ted, what are you doing? | 不 泰德 你说什么呢 |
[10:34] | right? | 可不是 |
[10:35] | the only reason i’m jealous of bob | 我唯一嫉妒鲍勃的就是 |
[10:37] | is that we can only talk about the first thanksgiving, | 我们大家聚在一起的第一个感恩节 |
[10:38] | but he was actually there. | 他却跑来凑热闹 |
[10:40] | come on. | 拜托 |
[10:41] | the only reason | 我唯一 |
[10:42] | i’m jealous of bob is because | 嫉妒鲍勃的地方就是 |
[10:43] | i heard noah gave him shotgun in the ark. | 我听说诺亚在方舟上把猎枪给了他 |
[10:45] | ted… | 泰德… |
[10:45] | the only reason | 我唯一 |
[10:46] | i’m jealous of bob | 嫉妒鲍勃的地方就是 |
[10:48] | is that i’m just an architect, but he discovered fire. | 我只是个建筑师 可他发明了钻木取火 |
[10:50] | how do you top that? | 你怎么可能超越他? |
[10:51] | he’s 41! why are you bashing on him so hard? | 他不过才41岁 你干嘛这么使劲地取笑他呢 |
[10:54] | i’m not. i’m just joking around. | 我没有 我就是开玩笑而已 |
[10:56] | that’s what friends do. | 朋友之间就是这样的 |
[10:58] | it’s mean. | 这么做太过分了 |
[10:59] | well, how come we’re all allowed to bust on barney | 为什么当巴尼泡妞时 |
[11:01] | when he dates some skanktron, | 我们可以尽情取笑他 |
[11:03] | but when you sleep with the crypt keeper’s dad, | 但是现在你和一个木乃伊法师的老爸睡觉 |
[11:05] | i’m not allowed to say a word? | 却不允许我说一个字? |
[11:06] | first of all, bob and i are not sleeping together. | 首先 我没和鲍勃上床 |
[11:09] | we’re just dating. | 我们只是约会 |
[11:11] | secondly, have i said one word | 其次 你最近几个月向我炫耀 |
[11:12] | about the parade of dubious conquests | 你泡到哪些妞的时候 |
[11:14] | you’ve been marching past me the last few months? | 我有说过你吗 |
[11:16] | one of whom got you a butterfly tattoo? | 不知道谁还给你弄了个蝴蝶纹身 |
[11:19] | -hey, that is…-and if you and i are such good friends… | -那是… -如果你和我还是好朋友… |
[11:21] | why is baking a pie for bob so weird? | 为什么给鲍勃烤个馅饼都不行呢 |
[11:24] | yeah, if you and i are such good friends, | 如果你和我还是好朋友的话 |
[11:25] | why couldn’t you just tell me that’s what we were doing? | 刚才你就应该告诉我是在为鲍勃烤馅饼 |
[11:28] | okay, maybe we should talk about this later. | 算了 或许我们应该过阵子再说这个 |
[11:30] | i-i should get going. | 我 我该走了 |
[11:33] | well, what are we doing?it’s thanksgiving. | 我们这是怎么了 这可是感恩节 |
[11:36] | i don’t know. i’m sorry. | 我也不知道 对不起 |
[11:37] | this is stupid. | 这么做是很傻 |
[11:38] | i’m sorry, too. | 我也很对不起 |
[11:39] | of course we’re friends. | 我们当然是朋友 |
[11:40] | i’m glad we’re friends. | 很高兴我们能成为朋友 |
[11:41] | me, too. | 我也是 |
[11:52] | you guys slept together last night? | 你们俩昨晚上床了? |
[11:54] | that is a terrible idea! | 太糟糕了 |
[11:56] | horrible idea. | 太可怕了 |
[11:58] | relapse five! | 恭喜你们旧情复燃! |
[12:00] | that’s where we high-five, | 这可是值得我们击掌庆祝 |
[12:01] | then it’s awkward for a little bit… | 这么做好像是有点别扭… |
[12:04] | and then we high-five again! | 那再来一次好了 |
[12:06] | what the hell were you doing? | 你到底在干什么 |
[12:07] | let’s review: | 我们来复习一遍 |
[12:09] | you and ted broke up six months ago | 你和泰德六个月前分手了 |
[12:11] | -yep -you’re dating another man… | -是的 -而你已经开始和别人约会 |
[12:13] | you are correct, sir. | 你说的对 长官 |
[12:14] | …who’s coming to my thanksgiving today… | 那个人今天还要和我们一起过感恩节 |
[12:16] | that is a truth-fact. | 事实就是这样 |
[12:17] | -..an event ted is also attending.-ka-blammo. | -事实上 泰德也会加入我们 -完全正确 |
[12:19] | why are you trying to destroy american thanksgiving?! | 你为什么要把美国人的感恩节毁掉呢 |
[12:22] | oh, lily, it’s not as bad as it sounds. | 莉莉 没有你想的那么糟 |
[12:24] | bob and i aren’t that serious, | 鲍勃和我还没发展到那种地步 |
[12:26] | and what happened last night with ted was a fluke. | 而且昨晚和泰德发生的事情完全是一时兴起 |
[12:29] | well, did you guys at least talk about it? | 那至少你们应该谈谈此事吧 |
[12:35] | -there’s office material…-i hear something burning… | -有些文件我得处理… -我闻到有些东西糊了… |
[12:39] | clearly, we need to ignore this. | 显然 我们应该放任不管 |
[12:41] | clearly, we need to talk about this. | 显然 我们应该谈谈此事 |
[12:43] | you know? to save the friendship. | 为了拯救我们的友谊 |
[12:48] | -we need to talk.-stuffed mushroom? | -来点儿西式蘑菇 -我们得谈谈 |
[12:50] | we need to talk about last night. | 我们得谈谈关于昨晚的事情 |
[12:51] | did you know that some mushrooms are carnivorous? | 你知不知道一些蘑菇是有肉食性的的 |
[12:54] | probably… not? | 或许…不是? |
[12:57] | ted, can we please just deal with this? | 泰德 我们能先解决这个问题吗 |
[13:00] | look, i’m not mad. | 听着 我不是发神经 |
[13:02] | -i just think…-wait, wait, wait, wait. | -我只是想… -等等 等等 |
[13:03] | why would you be mad– you started it? | 为什么说自己发神经 就因为是你先提起吗 |
[13:05] | what?! you’re crazy! | 什么 你才神经呢! |
[13:06] | we called a truce, we hugged, | 我们停战 然后拥抱 |
[13:08] | and when i tried to pull away, you kept your hand on my neck. | 然后当我试图把你推开时 你搂住了我的脖子 |
[13:11] | only because your hand was still around my waist. | 那是因为你还搂着我的腰 |
[13:13] | oh, come on! you leaned into it. | 得了吧 是你要抱我的 |
[13:15] | -i… leaned into it?-yeah. | -我抱你? -就是 |
[13:17] | you’re like the crappy kid in little league | 你就像是棒球队里那个讨厌的小孩 |
[13:19] | who knows he’s not going to make contact, | 知道自己无法触地得分 |
[13:20] | so he just…”oops, i got hit by the pitch. | 所以他只好假装 “我被球击中了 |
[13:22] | better take my base.” | 麻烦替我上下垒” |
[13:24] | oh, that was you in little league, wasn’t it? | 棒球队的小孩你指的是你吧 |
[13:26] | my on-base percentage was off the charts! | 我上垒成功率高的不得了呢 |
[13:29] | oh, no! | 不 |
[13:30] | the slap-petizers. | “耳光大餐” |
[13:32] | you know what? that’s it! | 我受够了! |
[13:34] | this is thanksgiving. solve this right now. | 今天是感恩节 你们立刻把给我事情解决了 |
[13:37] | and if you have sex again, neither of you gets dessert! | 如果你们再做爱 谁也别想吃甜点 |
[13:41] | oh, what the hell kind of thanksgiving is this anyway? | 感恩节怎么成了这个样子 |
[13:45] | um, most thanksgivings. | 大多数感恩节… |
[13:47] | don’t stress, baby. | 别给自己增加压力了 宝贝 |
[13:48] | i’ll try to find us something relaxing. | 我来找点让我们放松的东西 |
[13:50] | thanks, baby. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[13:52] | ooh, some classical music, maybe. | 来点古典音乐吧 |
[13:54] | oh, my! | 我的天 |
[13:56] | look at that. | 快看呐 |
[13:58] | that means we’re in the final hour of the countdown. | 这意味着我们进入倒计时阶段了 |
[14:01] | i’m not scared. | 我才不怕呢 |
[14:03] | then why is your right cheek twitching? | 那你的脸为什么在抽搐 |
[14:05] | it’s not… | 才没有… |
[14:07] | maybe it’s because future me slaps future you so hard, | 或许是因为你预知了我肯定会狠狠抽你一下 |
[14:10] | it reverberates back to the present, | 所以疼痛穿越了时空 |
[14:12] | shattering the time-slap continuum. | 提前出现在了你的脸上 |
[14:14] | please don’t slap me. | 求你别打我耳光了 |
[14:16] | i’m sorry, what? | 我没听清 你说什么 |
[14:17] | oh, god! don’t slap me again! | 天哪 别再打我了! |
[14:18] | i don’t want to get slapped again, | 前两次我被打的太狠了 |
[14:20] | and the first two times hurt so bad, i don’t like it! | 我不想再被打了 我不喜欢这样 |
[14:22] | i don’t like it one bit! | 我一点都不喜欢! |
[14:25] | i thought i ruined it by putting a clock on it, barney? | 巴尼 我还以为用倒计时会让你更好过点呢 |
[14:28] | well, you didn’t ruin it; you made it so much worse! | 才不是呢 反而你让事情变得更糟了 |
[14:30] | i can’t eat. | 我吃不下饭 |
[14:31] | i can’t sleep. | 睡不着觉 |
[14:33] | i’ve lost ten pounds; my suits are wearing me. | 我瘦了整整10磅 现在是衣服穿我还差不多 |
[14:35] | you know what?i’m outta here. | 我还是离开算了 |
[14:37] | well, no, no, no. you can’t leave. | 不 不行 你不能走 |
[14:39] | why can’t i?! | 为什么不能 |
[14:41] | nowhere in the rules does it say that i have to sit | 这里没有规矩规定我必须得坐在那 |
[14:42] | through sort of mental torture! | 忍受精神上的折磨 |
[14:44] | you are allowed to slap my face, sir, | 你可以抽我耳光 |
[14:45] | but you are not allowed to slap my mind! | 但你不可以摧残我的意志 |
[14:47] | good day! | 节日快乐 |
[14:49] | -but it’s slapsgiving.-no!it’s not! | -但这是”耳光节” -不是! |
[14:51] | it’s thanksgiving! | 是感恩节! |
[14:53] | our first one as a married couple, | 这是我们长大成人 |
[14:55] | as grownups– | 结婚之后过的第一个感恩节 |
[14:57] | and you’re not even trying to be a part of it! | 但你们对此置身事外 |
[14:59] | none of you are! | 没有一个人关心 |
[15:01] | so… | 所以 |
[15:03] | as slap bet commissioner,i’m issuing a ruling. | 作为”耳光赌局”的评委 我现在宣布一则规定 |
[15:05] | thanksgiving is a day of peace. | 感恩节是和平的日子 |
[15:07] | there will be no slaps today! | 今天不允许抽耳光 |
[15:09] | -what?!-yes! | -什么 -太棒了 |
[15:11] | in your face! | 狠狠给了你一耳光! |
[15:12] | not my face… your face! | 不是我的脸 是你的! |
[15:15] | -what’s up, dudes? – all:hey, bob. | -大家好啊 -你好 鲍勃 |
[15:17] | -baby,please… -no! | -亲爱的 -别说了! |
[15:18] | the slap bet commissioner’s word is final, | 这是”耳光赌局”评委的话就是最终裁定 |
[15:20] | so get in the kitchen and mash some potatoes, now. | 你给我去厨房拌土豆泥 快点 |
[15:23] | and for the rest of the day, | 接下来的时刻 |
[15:26] | we are going to enjoy a civilized, grownup holiday. | 我们将享受一个成人之间和谐的节日 |
[15:30] | not too grownup. | 可别太老成咯 |
[15:32] | i made jell-o shots. | 我做了果冻(聚会时用酒制成的果冻) |
[15:33] | we’s gonna get silly, bitches. | 我们要像傻瓜一样 姑娘 |
[15:38] | look at us! | 看咱俩! |
[15:40] | we can’t be alone together, can we? | 我们根本不能独处 不是吗 |
[15:43] | apparently not. | 显然不是 |
[15:45] | what does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:47] | we’re supposed to be friends. | 我们本应该还是朋友 |
[15:50] | we aren’t friends, are we? | 我们不是朋友 是吗 |
[15:53] | not really. | 不是真正意义上的 |
[15:55] | we avoid each other. | 我们在互相躲避 |
[15:57] | we smile politely. | 我们笑的如此客气 |
[16:00] | we’re two people who pretend to be friends | 我们不过是在假装对方是朋友 |
[16:01] | because it would be inconvenient not to. | 因为如果不做朋友会很不方便 |
[16:06] | well, maybe we should stop pretending. | 也许我们不该继续装下去 |
[16:09] | maybe we should. | 也许是的 |
[16:18] | so… | 那么… |
[16:20] | oh, what do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[16:22] | i suppose… | 我觉得… |
[16:25] | we eat dinner. | 我们该吃饭了 |
[16:27] | yeah. | 没错 |
[16:29] | and then that’s it. | 那么就这样吧 |
[16:33] | okay. | 好的 |
[16:49] | happy thanksgiving. | 感恩节快乐 |
[16:55] | so we sat down to our first thanksgiving | 那么我们坐在一起过我们第一个感恩节 |
[16:56] | together as a group…and, apparently, our last. | 显然 这也将是我们最后一个 |
[16:59] | marshall,you’re not eating. | 马修 你怎么不吃东西 |
[17:01] | did something spoil | 是什么事扫了 |
[17:03] | your slap-petite? | 你扇耳光的小兴?(胃口) |
[17:06] | no, i just thought…before we eat, | 不 我只是觉得…在我们吃饭之前 |
[17:09] | maybe the chef would like to say a few words. | 我们的主厨可能会想说几句 |
[17:11] | nope. this sucks.eat up and leave. | 不 感觉糟透了 吃光立马闪人 |
[17:18] | well, then, i’d like to say something. | 那么 我想说两句 |
[17:21] | if that’s cool? | 如果可以的话? |
[17:22] | um… today,lily did something great. | 呃…今天 莉莉做了件伟大的事 |
[17:26] | not only did she gather us all here together | 不光光是指她让我们聚在了一起 |
[17:29] | and cook a delicious meal, | 做了如此美味的晚餐 |
[17:31] | but she also started a new tradition. | 而且她也开创了一项新的传统 |
[17:33] | we’re gonna do this again next year, | 我们明年还要一起过 |
[17:36] | and the year after that– maybe for the rest of our lives. | 还有后年 或许还连同我们的后半辈子 |
[17:38] | i think that’s pretty amazing if you think about it. | 我觉得光去想想都会觉得很棒 |
[17:41] | and it’s all thanks to you,lily. | 而这一切都要归功于你 莉莉 |
[17:44] | i love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:47] | so, to the first of many thanksgivings together. | 那么 敬那无数个一起过的感恩节中的第一个 |
[17:56] | this is rad! | 真是太棒了! |
[17:58] | a nice, small,simple thanksgiving. | 一次温馨 精致 简朴的感恩节 |
[18:02] | i’m the youngest of ten in my family, | 一家十口中我最小 |
[18:04] | so our thanksgiving is a mess. | 所以我们的感恩节简直一团糟 |
[18:07] | all the yelling and the screaming… | 总是大喊大叫的 |
[18:09] | and then a funny thing happened… | 紧接着 有意思的事发生了… |
[18:12] | it’s really a major buzz-kill. | 真是太扫兴了 |
[18:14] | -major buzz-kill.-major buzz-kill. | -扫兴少校 -扫兴少校 |
[18:20] | oh, no… | 哦 不… |
[18:21] | i thought we were done with that? | 我还以为你们俩玩够了呢 |
[18:24] | i guess we’re not. | 看来我们还没 |
[18:26] | guess we’re not. | 看来我们还没 |
[18:30] | you see kids, friendship is an involuntary reflex– | 孩子 友谊是种下意识的反应 |
[18:33] | it just happens,you can’t help it. | 就这么发生了 挡都挡不住 |
[18:36] | that first thanksgiving turned out to be a wonderful dinner | 那次感恩节变成了和四个世上我最爱的人 |
[18:39] | with the four people i love most in the world… | 共同度过的美妙晚餐 |
[18:41] | and bob | 当然还有鲍勃 |
[18:43] | and it did become a tradition. | 而这也的确成了一项传统 |
[18:45] | that’s why every year,we go to aunt lily | 所以我们每年都会去莉莉阿姨 |
[18:46] | and uncle marshall’s for thanksgiving. | 和马修叔叔家过感恩节 |
[18:48] | hey, check it out! | 快看这个! |
[18:50] | we’re in the last 20 seconds | 还有20秒倒数计时 |
[18:51] | of marshall’s countdown to nothing. | 马修就会变成啥都没捞着 |
[18:54] | barney, put it away. | 巴尼 放一边去 |
[18:55] | how does it feel, marshall,to sit there, impotently– | 感觉如何 马修 你只能干坐在那里 |
[18:58] | your large, flaccid hand,just dangling in the wind? | 让你硕大而松软的手掌就这么在风中晃荡 |
[19:01] | the slap will occur in ten.. | 耳光将会在十… |
[19:04] | ooh, classy touch, dude. | 相当感人 老兄 |
[19:06] | too bad! | 太糟糕了! |
[19:07] | barney, put it away. …six… | 巴尼 放一边去 …六… |
[19:08] | -i will in… five…-five, four… | -我会的…还有五… -五 四… |
[19:11] | -you can slap him.-…three… | -你使劲抽他吧 -三… |
[19:12] | -what?! wait, you…-two… | -什么?! 慢着 你… -二… |
[19:13] | …one. | …一 |
[19:15] | that’s three! | 这是第三下! |
[19:19] | thanks, baby, you’re the best. | 多谢 宝贝 你是最棒的 |
[19:20] | and as a special, added bonus,i’ve composed a song | 作为一份特礼 额外附赠 我为此刻 |
[19:22] | just for this occasion. | 特地谱了一首曲 |
[19:23] | ted, lights! | 泰德 灯光! |
[19:38] | what is this feelin’ | 滋味如何 |
[19:41] | that’s put you in your place | 那将铭刻在你心 |
[19:46] | a hot, red burnin’ on the side of your face | 滚烫血红地烙在你的脸上 |
[19:51] | you feel the blood rush to your cheek | 你感到热血冲上你的脸颊 |
[19:55] | tears start to fill your eyes | 热泪即将夺眶而出 |
[19:58] | and your lips are tremblin’ | 而你的嘴唇也开始颤抖 |
[20:00] | but you can’t speak,you’re tryin’ | 而你却无言以对 虽然你已尽力 |
[20:03] | oh, you’re tryin’ | 喔 你已尽力 |
[20:04] | not to cry! | 不哭出来! |
[20:07] | -you just got sla-apped-oh, oh! | 你刚挨了记耳…光 |
[20:11] | -across the face,my friend-oh, oh, oh | 横穿整张脸 我的朋友 |
[20:14] | you just got slapped | 你刚挨了记耳光 |
[20:16] | yes,that really | 没错 |
[20:18] | just happened | 千真万确 |
[20:21] | everybody saw it | 大家都见识了 |
[20:24] | and everybody laughed and clapped | 大家都笑着鼓掌 |
[20:28] | it was awesome | 简直帅呆 |
[20:30] | wait,you just got… | 你刚挨了… |
[20:32] | slapped. | 记耳光 |
[20:47] | happy slapsgiving, everybody. | 各位 你耳光节快乐 |
[20:53] | well,guys have fun | 伙计们 玩得开心点 |
[20:55] | this is gonna be majoy cleaner | 这下有得收拾了 |
[20:58] | major cleaner | 收拾少校 |
[21:00] | oh man,we’re gonna be doing this all the time,now aren’t we | 老天爷 我们要一直这么干下去啊 不是吗 |
[21:03] | that’s the general idea | 这主意不错嘛 |
[21:05] | general idea | 主意将军 |