时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Ah, Ah, Lily, I heard this great joke at work today. | 啊啊 Lily 我今天上班听到了一个好玩的笑话 |
[00:06] | Dude, come on. She’s not gonna like it. | 得了 伙计 她不会喜欢听的 |
[00:07] | It’s boy-funny. It’s not girl-funny. | 是男人间的笑话 不是女人的 |
[00:09] | That is sexist! Funny is funny, Ted. | 性别歧视! 笑话就是笑话 Ted |
[00:13] | Lily’s cool.She’ll appreciate this . | Lily很酷 她会喜欢的 |
[00:15] | Oh, you’re on your own, man. | 哦 后果自负啊 伙计 |
[00:17] | Just tell me the joke. | 快告诉我什么笑话 |
[00:19] | Okay. Ready? | 好的 听好了? |
[00:20] | Lily, what’s the difference between peanut butter and jam? | Lily 花生酱和果酱有什么区别? |
[00:26] | – See? It’s funny. – It’s boy-funny. | – 瞧 有趣吧? – 男人间笑话 |
[00:28] | She’s not gonna like it. | 她不会喜欢的 |
[00:29] | – Why don’t you let me decide? – No. | – 让我自己判断 好吧? – 不 |
[00:32] | What’s the difference between peanut butter and jam? | 花生酱和果酱有什么区别? |
[00:36] | And then Barney said the punch line. | 然后Barney”口吐连珠” |
[00:38] | To this day, it’s still the dirtiest joke I’ve ever heard in my life. | 直到今天 这仍是我听过的最恶心的笑话 |
[00:42] | And no, I’m not gonna say it. | 哦不 我不会讲给你们听的 |
[00:45] | Yeah, I can’t hang out with you anymore. | 好吧 我再也不会和你出来玩了 |
[00:48] | Oh, come on. That’s a funny joke. That… | 哦 不要嘛 只是个好玩的笑话… |
[00:54] | Told you. | 警告过你了 |
[00:55] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的 |
[00:57] | And we didn’t see Lily for four weeks. | 其后4周我们都再也没有见过Lily (生BB去了~) |
[01:12] | How I Met Your Mother Season04 Episode20 | |
[01:14] | Kids, after getting laid off, I was finay pursuing my lifelong dream: | 孩子们 被炒了以后 我开始追寻自己终生的梦想: |
[01:18] | starting my own architecture firm. | 创办自己的建筑设计公司 |
[01:20] | All I needed was some clients. | 我急需的是客户 |
[01:22] | I think it’s so great that you’re striking out on your own, Ted. | Ted 看到你独闯天下 真是太棒了 |
[01:25] | – I admire that. – Thanks. | – 我很佩服 – 多谢 |
[01:27] | And, uh, thanks for being so cool with me using the apartment. | 还有 谢谢你跟我合租 处得愉快 |
[01:29] | Oh, yeah, of course. Anything you need. | 哦 没错 有啥需要帮忙就说 |
[01:33] | Hey, small thing– do you mind not watching television during business hours? | 嘿 一件小事– 你不介意工作时间不看电视吧? |
[01:35] | This isn’t working! | 这样可不行! |
[01:37] | I’m sorry. It’s just, I… I can’t concentrate while Wheel of Fortune is… | 对不起 只是… 播放”幸运轮盘”节目时 我就会分心… |
[01:40] | A penny saved is a Penny Marshall! Yes! | 省一分就是赚一分! 答对了! (Penny Marshall是电影演员) |
[01:43] | Ted, I know you’re nervous, but you’ve got to stop procrastinating. | Ted 我知道你很紧张 但是你不能再耽误时间了 |
[01:46] | You’ve spent the last two days choosing the official pen of Mosbius Designs. | 过去两天里 你都把时间浪费在 为Mosbius设计公司挑选办公用笔上了 |
[01:51] | Hey, I’ve made some progress, huh? | 嘿 我可是有进展的 对吧? |
[01:54] | I’ve eliminated felt-tip. | 我已排除了记号笔 |
[01:56] | Oh, who am I kidding? Felt’s back in the ballgame. | 哦 开什么玩笑呢 现在还有人用记号笔? |
[02:02] | You hear there’s gonna be more layoffs? | 你听说了吗 又要裁员了? |
[02:03] | I know. I’m f… I’m freaking out. | 我知道 我…怕得要死 |
[02:06] | – Are you worried? – Aryou kidding? | – 你担心吗? – 开什么玩笑? |
[02:08] | The things I know about this company. | 关于这家公司我最清楚的事 |
[02:10] | I won’t ever be fired. | 就是我不会被炒 |
[02:12] | I mean, there’s a pretty good chance one day I’ll wash up on shore with no fingerprints or teeth, | 我是说 即便有可能某天我会漂上海岸 牙齿被拔光 指纹被抹掉 |
[02:15] | but I won’t be fired. | 但我绝不会被炒 |
[02:17] | Well, I wish I had your confidence. | 好吧 但愿我能像你一样自信 |
[02:20] | Look, you just need a way to make yourself absolutely essential. | 听着 你需要点玩意来让自己变得不可或缺 |
[02:23] | Well, I-I work harder than anyone in my division. | 我-我比同部门的人都更拼命工作 |
[02:25] | Yeah. Keeping your job has nothing to do with hard work. | 没错 但是拼命工作并不能保住工作 |
[02:29] | – You need a thing. – What do you mean, a thing? | – 你需要点玩意 – 你是什么意思 玩意? |
[02:31] | You know, something that makes you fun and well-liked, like Marcus Denisco. | 你知道 就是使你自己变得风趣 讨人喜欢 就比如Marcus Denisco |
[02:35] | Marcus Denisco worked in account services and was perhaps the most expendable employee at the company. | Marcus Denisco是客户服务部门的人 是本公司最无足轻重的小喽�� |
[02:40] | I brought some donuts. They’re probably stupid. | 我买了些甜甜圈 这看起来太傻了 |
[02:43] | But eventually, he came to be known as… | 但是最后 他变成了人尽皆知的… |
[02:46] | Food Guy! | 美食小子! |
[02:47] | Who wants some pulled pork? Of course you do! Come on! | 谁想吃猪肉卷? 你想吃! 来吧! |
[02:51] | I love Food Guy. | 我喜欢美食小子 |
[02:53] | They could never lay him off. | 他们不会炒了他的 |
[02:54] | You know what I love about Food Guy? | 你知道我为什么喜欢美食小子吗? |
[02:56] | – He always has food. – He always has food. | – 他总有好吃的 – 他总有好吃的 |
[02:59] | See? That’s what you need. | 看到了吧? 这就是你需要的 |
[03:00] | You need that thing that makes you a guy. | 你需要使你变成一个特殊男的玩意 |
[03:03] | Oh, I have that thing that makes me a guy. | 哦 我当然有作为一个男人的那玩意 |
[03:06] | Maybe even a guy and a half. | 甚至超了 是一个半男人呢 |
[03:08] | Not that thing. You know, a thing. Like Toy Guy. | 不是那玩意 你知道的 一种东西 比如玩具小子的那种 |
[03:12] | Guys, bad news. | 伙计们 坏消息 |
[03:14] | As your HR rep, I got to review the new overtime scheduling policy with you. | 作为你们的人事代表 我要给你们重讲一遍新的加班条例 |
[03:19] | The good news is we’re gonna do it while wearing Wolverine claws! | 好消息是我们戴着金刚狼爪来讲! |
[03:26] | Section 5A: Overtime will no longer be paid at time and a half. | 第五条:加班不再支付1.5倍薪水 |
[03:30] | – This is awesome! – Claw five! | – 太棒了! – 第五抓! |
[03:34] | Oh, I love Toy Guy. | 哦 我喜欢玩具小子 |
[03:36] | See? You need a thing. Like YouTube Clip Guy. | 看到了吧? 你需要点玩意 就像是YouTube剪辑小子 |
[03:47] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[03:48] | I do need a thing. | 我确实需要点特殊玩意 |
[03:50] | But choose wisely. | 但可别选错了 |
[03:51] | You don’t want to be Creepy Back Rub Guy. | 你可不能当那种猥琐揉背男 |
[03:54] | Hey, don’t fill up. Food Guy’s got panna cotta in his office. | 嘿 别吃太饱 美食小子办公室里还有好多奶油布丁 |
[03:59] | Hey, buddy. | 嘿 伙计 |
[04:02] | Hey, Douglas. | 嘿 Douglas |
[04:06] | You’re so tight. | 你可真结实啊 |
[04:09] | I was, uh, relaxed about two seconds ago. | 我2秒钟之前放松了一下 |
[04:14] | You’re next. | 下一个轮到你 |
[04:18] | Welcome to Mosbius Designs. | 欢迎光临Mosbius设计公司 |
[04:21] | Who the hell are you? | 你是谁? |
[04:22] | I’m PJ, Mr. Mosby’s assistant. | 我是PJ Mosby先生的助理 |
[04:25] | – Ted, what the hell is going on? – I’m sorry. | – Ted 这到底怎么回事? – 对不起 |
[04:27] | We do not interrupt Mr. Mosby during his brainstorming hour. | 在Mosby先生思考的时候 我们不能打扰他 |
[04:30] | It’s okay, PJ. That’s Robin. She lives here. | 没事的 PJ 这是Robin 她住这儿 |
[04:34] | Oh, I’m sorry for the disturbance, sir. | 哦 很抱歉打扰你了先生 |
[04:36] | Do you need anything else? | 你还需要什么服务吗? |
[04:38] | – Well, I wouldn’t say no to a cup of coffee. – You’re right there! | – 恩 我不介意来杯咖啡 – 你就坐在那里! |
[04:42] | So now Ted has an assistant to help him not do anything. | 现在Ted雇了个助理 却毛事都不干 |
[04:46] | Hey, PJ’s been a huge help to me, setting up the office, designing the Web site. | 嘿 PJ可是帮了我大忙的 建立办公室 组建网站 |
[04:51] | And in return, I’m mentoring a bright young mind. | 相对的 我给予这个上进的年轻人一些指导 |
[04:53] | Ah, yes, the mentoring. | 啊 没错 指导 |
[04:56] | I want you to go outside today and simply… | 我今天希望你能出去 … |
[04:59] | put your hands on buildings. All right? | 去触摸感受下建筑 好吧? |
[05:02] | Feel the concrete pulse. Listen… | 感受混凝土建筑的脉搏 倾听… |
[05:06] | Listen to the stories the stones are telling you. | 倾听那些砖石告诉你的故事 |
[05:11] | – And pick up my dry cleaning. – I will. | – 顺便给我把干洗的衣服取回来 – 我会的 |
[05:15] | – Thank you so much, Mr. Moy. – All right. | – 非常谢谢您 Mosby先生 – 好的 |
[05:19] | Hey, Ted? | 嘿 Ted? |
[05:21] | This table just told me you’re a douche. | 这张桌子跟我说你还真是够混的 |
[05:26] | This whole mentoring thing is just another way to procrastinate from actually calling clients. | 这种所谓的指导 其实就是另一种 拖延时间不去打电话找客户的方法 |
[05:30] | I’m not procrastinating. I just… | 我没有拖延时间 我只是 … |
[05:32] | I want everything to be perfect, okay? | 我想事事完美 好吧? |
[05:34] | I only get one shot at this. | 我只有一次机会 |
[05:36] | Fine, but PJ is not helping. | 好吧 但是PJ可帮不上什么忙 |
[05:39] | If Ted says that PJ is important to the company, then PJ is not going anywhere. | 如果Ted说PJ对公司来说很重要 那么PJ就留定了 |
[05:44] | See? He’s very valuable. | 听到了吧? 他很有价值 |
[05:48] | PJ’s a guy? | PJ是男的? |
[05:50] | PJ’s not some hot chick you’re banging? | PJ不是你泡的性感小妞? |
[05:52] | No, I’m-I’m mentoring him. | 不 我-我只是在指导他而已 |
[05:55] | Mentoring. | 指导 |
[05:57] | I mentored a young fellow once. | 我曾经也指导过一个年轻人 |
[05:59] | Even made him my wingman. | 甚至提拔他做我的好兄弟 |
[06:01] | Then, one day, he hired an assistant to work ten feet from his bedroom who– | 有一天他雇了个助理 在他卧室10英尺外为他办事– |
[06:07] | get this– isn’t a hot chick, proving he never listened to a word I said. | 听好了哦– 这可不是个性感小妞 证明他从未认真听我说话 |
[06:12] | And do you know that young man’s name? | 你知道这个人的名字吗? |
[06:15] | – Ted Mosby? | – 也许吧 – Ted Mosby? – Maybe. |
[06:17] | I don’t remember. Because he is dead to me! | 我记不住 因为在我眼里他已经死了! |
[06:26] | PJ’s gonna be getting a very confusing card in the mail, | PJ会收到一封令他十分迷惑的邮寄卡片 |
[06:30] | along with a garment that he should by no means wear for three days and then mail back to me. | 还有一套他无论如何也穿不了三天 之后回寄给我的衣服 |
[06:39] | Hey, Barney. | 嘿 Barney |
[06:41] | I thought of a “thing” to make me more essential here. | 我找到让我在这儿变得独特的”玩意” |
[06:44] | I’m Eco Guy, ’cause everybody loves a guy who recycles, right? | 我是环保男 因为这里人人都讲究环保回收 对吧? |
[06:47] | Fired. What else you got? | 绝对被炒 还有呢? |
[06:49] | I thought of a few others: Wacky Tie Guy. | 我还想得一些别的:古怪的领带男 |
[06:52] | Fired. | 被炒 |
[06:53] | Daily Fun Fact Guy? | 每日趣闻男? |
[06:54] | Did you know that you’re fired? | 你不知道你被炒了? |
[06:57] | I Know a Good Stretch for That Guy? | 锦囊妙计男? |
[06:59] | Downward-facing fired. | 照样被炒 |
[07:01] | Monty Python Guy? | 喜剧男? (Monty Python是英国著名的六人喜剧团体) |
[07:02] | We are the knights who say… You’re fired. | 我们是骑士 齐呼…你被炒了 |
[07:06] | Wait! Wait! I did used to run a fantasy baseball league back in law school. | 等等! 等等! 我在法学院的时候曾经组过一个棒球队 |
[07:10] | That’s not bad. You might be on to something. | 不错 你或许还有点作为 |
[07:13] | Awesome. Awesome! I’ll be Fantasy Guy! | 棒极了 棒极了! 我将是个奇人了! |
[07:16] | We’ll have to make you Sports Guy. | 我们将把你打造成运动小子 |
[07:17] | We already have a Fantasy Guy. | 我们已经有奇人了 |
[07:19] | – What’s up, bros? – Hey, Frank. | – 你们好吗 伙计们? – 嘿 Frank |
[07:26] | Hello? | 喂? |
[07:27] | Ah, hey, PJ. Where are you? You’re never late. | 哦嘿 PJ你在哪儿? 你从未迟到过 |
[07:31] | You’re on top of the Empire State Building? | 在帝国大厦楼顶? |
[07:36] | Listen to the old gal. She’s got some stories to tell. | 用心听听这位”老太太”的诉说 她故事多着呢 |
[07:39] | Take all the time you need. Okay. | 尽情享受吧 好的 |
[07:45] | Wait a second. Ted Mosby Home. | 等等 Ted Mosby家 |
[07:49] | Oh, my God, the call’s coming from inside the house. | 哦 天啊 电话是从屋里打来的 |
[08:02] | That’s not the Empire State Building. | 这可不是帝国大厦 |
[08:11] | Robin, you cannot sleep with my assistant. | Robin 你不能和我的助理上床 |
[08:14] | I’m trying to run a business here. | 我还要这在做生意呢 |
[08:16] | How did this even happen? | 怎么能发生这种事? |
[08:17] | Well, at lunch, when you go on your wisdom walks, | 午饭后 你去散你的思考步了 |
[08:21] | it gives me and PJ some time alone together. | 这让我和PJ有机会独处 |
[08:24] | Inspiration… do your thing. | 灵感…来吧 |
[08:27] | It always does, sir. It always does. | 总是灵验的 先生 总是灵验的 |
[08:33] | Hey, PJ, I actually have an architectural question for you. | 嘿 PJ 我要问你个有关建筑的问题 |
[08:36] | Um, how does Ted’s ass taste? | Ted的马匹拍起来感觉如何? |
[08:38] | I wouldn’t know, but I assume it tastes like genius. | 我不知道 但我感觉应该很不错 |
[08:48] | Why is the bathroom locked? | 为什么卫生间的门锁上了? |
[08:49] | Visitors need to sign in for the bathroom key. | 来访者要登记才能取得卫生间的钥匙 |
[08:52] | Listen, Peej, and I want you to think this over real good before you answer. | 听着 你个看厕所的 我希望你经过郑重考虑再回答这个问题 |
[08:57] | Are you telling me that I can’t go to the bathroom in my apartment? | 你是在说我不能进我屋子里的卫生间? |
[09:01] | No. | 不 |
[09:02] | I am telling you that you need to ask permission to use the bathroom in my office. | 我是说在我的办公室里 你必须经过同意才能使用卫生间 |
[09:09] | Why is that so hot? | 怎么我觉得那么”热”? |
[09:12] | Robin, there are billions of guys in the world. | Robin 世界上男人万万千千 |
[09:15] | Why do you have to sleep with my assistant? | 你为何非得跟我的助理上床? |
[09:17] | Ted, when I get off work, it’s 5:30 in the morning. | Ted 我早上5:30就得起床去上班了 |
[09:19] | Do you have any idea what kind of guys I’m meeting? | 你觉得我能遇到什么男人? |
[09:22] | I deliver newspapers. | 我是投递员 |
[09:24] | It’s a dirty job, but somebody’s got to do it. | 这是份脏活 但是总得有人做 |
[09:28] | Don’t worry. I’ll wash them before I handle your business. | 别担心 在我跟你做之前我会洗手的 |
[09:32] | I live with my mom. | 我和我妈一起住 |
[09:34] | At night, we watch TV in her bed. We call it “Cuddle Club.” | 晚上 我们在她床上看电视 我们管这叫”搂搂抱抱俱乐部” |
[09:39] | So, you, uh, get up really early to trade on the European stock exchanges? | 那么你起的这么早 是为了关注欧洲证券交易? |
[09:44] | What’s that like? | 具体是怎么操作的呢? |
[09:45] | Look, is this going to happen or not? | 直说吧 我们要不要做? |
[09:48] | Okay, first of all, I’ve hung out with Fantasy Guy. | 好吧 首先 我也跟奇人相处过 |
[09:51] | You could do a lot worse. | 你这还不算最糟的 |
[09:53] | Secondly, this has to stop. | 第二 你不能这样做了 |
[09:55] | Distracting PJ is going to kill our productivity. | 让PJ分心会降低我们的办事效率的 |
[09:57] | What productivity? You haven’t even called a single client. | 办事效率? 你都没给客户打过电话 |
[10:01] | Hey, once I get the Web site up, the brochures printed, | 嘿 一旦我做好了网站 打印好了宣传册 |
[10:04] | and figure out what trusts games we’re going to play at the corporate retreat, | 然后确认好公司集体出游的时候 到底玩什么考验彼此信任的游戏 |
[10:07] | I am making those calls. | 我就会去给客户打电话 |
[10:09] | Corporate retreat? | 还集体出游? |
[10:11] | Mr. Mosby and I are going camping on the roof. | 我和Mosby先生要去楼顶扎营了 |
[10:16] | Hey, Sports Guy. | 嘿 运动小子 |
[10:17] | I hear people are raving about your league. | 听说大家对你的联盟赞不绝口 |
[10:19] | It’s a lot harder than I thought it would be. | 这事可比想象中的难 |
[10:21] | Between entry fees and transaction fees and penalty fees, I’m actually… | 报名费 交易费 还有罚款 事实上… |
[10:25] | I’m holding on to a lot of money. | 我手里拽着大把的钱 |
[10:28] | Great work, Sports Guy. That’s for last week. | 干得好 运动小子 这是上周的 |
[10:35] | 60 80 100 60, 80, a hundred. | |
[10:39] | Okay. This is $18,000 cash. | 好吧 这里是18000块 |
[10:43] | It’s not a big deal. | 没啥大不了 |
[10:44] | I’ll just, uh, take it home and put it somewhere safe. | 我只要把钱带回家 放放好就行 |
[10:47] | Okay, just walking down the street with some money in my pocket. | 好吧 把钱兜袋里沿街走就行 |
[10:51] | Don’t touch the money. That’s so obvious. Just be cool. | 别摸钱 那样太明显 淡定些 |
[10:56] | Oh, no. The baby’s on to me. | 不 被那娃发现了 |
[10:59] | Babies can smell money. Everyone knows that! | 婴儿闻得出钱的味儿 地球人都知道的! |
[11:01] | I’m carrying a lot of money! | 我带着大把的钱! |
[11:05] | Seriously, dude, I’m not sure how much longer I can keep doing this. | 说真的 哥们 我不知道还能撑多久 |
[11:09] | Marshall, last week you were trash that no one wanted to look at. | Marshall 上周你还是无人问津的废柴 |
[11:13] | Now, you’re Sports Guy. | 现在 你是运动小子 |
[11:14] | – I was trash? – Last week! | – 我是废柴? – 我说上周! |
[11:17] | Hey, there’s Ted Mosby of Mosbius Designs. | 嘿 这是Mosbius设计公司的Ted Mosby |
[11:21] | How’s the home office coming, buddy? | 在家办公咋样 哥们? |
[11:23] | Well, it was going great till Robin started banging my assistant. | 在Robin勾搭上我的助手后好极了 |
[11:29] | Ted, it’s our apartment, okay? | Ted 我们公寓是共用的 对不? |
[11:31] | You leave a big chocolate cake on the counter, Mama’s gonna cut her off a slice. | 你在桌上放着巧克力大蛋糕 妈妈只是切下一小片而已 |
[11:35] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[11:36] | Hire a cute assistant that you can sleep with, | 找个能跟你上床的靓妞助理 |
[11:39] | but instead you hire a cute assistant that Robin can sleep with. | 但你找了个能跟Robin上床的靓仔助理 |
[11:42] | And of course he’s gonna sleep with her, Ted. Look at her! | 当然会跟她上床 Ted 瞧瞧她! |
[11:43] | She’s the greatest woman on the planet! I’m getting off topic! | 她是个绝世好女人! 我不想再谈这个话题! |
[11:46] | You’re an idiot! That’s my message! You’re an idiot! | 你个蠢蛋! 我要说的就是这个! 你个蠢蛋! |
[11:52] | No. | 不 |
[11:54] | One person storming off isn’t enough! Marshall, storm off with me! | 一人发飙还不够 Marshall 和我一起发飙! |
[12:02] | Barney. Dude, why are this upset about Ted not having sex with the people he hires? | Barney 哥们 为啥Ted不和 助理上床你会那么不爽? |
[12:08] | Because it hurts! | 因为我很受伤! |
[12:10] | It hurts you how? | 咋样伤你? |
[12:11] | It hurts because I love… Ted. | 很受伤因为我喜欢…Ted |
[12:16] | Having sex with women. | 和女人上床 |
[12:18] | I’m a very dedicated wingman! | 我可是敬业的泡妞托儿! |
[12:20] | Look, Lily’s the only person that I can talk to about this stuff. | 听着 这些事我只能向Lily倾述 |
[12:23] | Just get her to talk to me. | 把她找来和我说说话 |
[12:24] | I’ll try, but, look, there’s no guarantees. | 我试试 但不敢保证 |
[12:26] | She’s still really outraged about that joke. | 她还对那个玩笑愤懑不已 |
[12:31] | That joke. | 那个玩笑 |
[12:33] | Torn our little group apart, pitted people I love against each other. | 弄得大家四分五裂 反目成仇 |
[12:37] | Seriously, I wish… | 说真的 我希望… |
[12:38] | I wish that joke had never come into our lives. | 我倒希望从没说过那笑话 |
[12:44] | – It’s kinda of funny though, right? – It’s so funny, man. | – 但还是蛮好笑的 对不? – 快笑爆了 哥们 |
[12:48] | Hey, good news, PJ. | 嘿 好消息 PJ |
[12:50] | The brochures you designed just came in. | 你设计的小册子刚到 |
[12:52] | Really interesting choice for the cover. | 封面选得真有趣 |
[12:53] | I like how instead of one of my designs, you chose this. | 我的设计稿你一张没选 却选了这张 |
[12:58] | You know what? I must’ve sent in the wrong photo. | 知道不? 我肯定送错照片了 |
[13:01] | You think? | 你这么觉得? |
[13:03] | Look, PJ, the Web site’s still not done. | 听着 PJ 网站还没做完 |
[13:06] | You didn’t even show up to the corporate retreat– | 你甚至连公司安排的旅行也没去 |
[13:09] | by the way, I saw a shooting star… | 顺带提一下 我看到流星了… |
[13:12] | and you’re late every day. I-I’m sorry, PJ. I gotta get focused. | 而且你天天迟到 抱歉 PJ 我得严肃处理 |
[13:16] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[13:17] | – You can’t fire… – PJ, you’re fired. | – 你不能炒我鱿鱼… – PJ 你被解雇了 |
[13:20] | Fine! | 好吧! |
[13:25] | Hey, baby. I just got fired. | 嘿 宝贝 我刚被炒鱿鱼了 |
[13:29] | Yeah, I’ll wait for you at your place. Okay, bye. | 嗯 我在你家等你 好的 拜拜 |
[13:34] | Oh, Wheel of Fortune. | “幸运之轮”(电视娱乐节目) |
[13:42] | veve having all this free time to spend with you. | 我闲暇时就喜欢和你在一起 |
[13:45] | I’m going to kiss you here… | 我想亲你这里… |
[13:48] | And here. | 还有这里 |
[13:49] | And here and here. And… | 还有这里 这里 还有… |
[13:52] | Please stop. | 拜托打住 |
[13:56] | I’m going to go to the bathroom. | 我要去下卫生间 |
[13:57] | – I’ll miss you. – I’ll miss you, too. | – 我会想你的 – 我也想你 |
[14:05] | You’re already sick of him, aren’t you? | 你已经厌倦他了 对不? |
[14:07] | He’s driving me crazy. | 真受不了他 |
[14:09] | When PJ had a job, he was sexy. | 先前PJ工作时 性感迷人 |
[14:11] | He was guardian of the bathroom key. | 他是卫生间钥匙的守卫者 |
[14:14] | A hot guy telling you when you can and can’t pee? | 一个性感火辣的家伙 决定着你能不能上厕所 |
[14:18] | That’s the dream. | 梦想中场景 |
[14:20] | That’s the dream? The dream? | 梦想中的场景? 梦想? |
[14:23] | Like what Martin Luther King was talking about? | 像马丁路德金说的那样? (黑人运动领袖 发表过”我有一个梦想”) |
[14:26] | I have to end it, don’t I? | 我得做个了结 不是吗? |
[14:27] | I’m terrible at breakups. | 我不擅长分手 |
[14:29] | I still have to go a little bit, but I couldn’t be away from you one second longer. | |
[14:33] | Oh, listen, uh… | 听着 |
[14:36] | – Dude, I don’t know. – What? | – 伙计 我不知道 – 怎么? |
[14:38] | Yeah, it’s just… | 嗯 只是 |
[14:40] | It’s not really… | 实在不… |
[14:43] | ix-nay, you know? | 不行 明白不? |
[14:45] | Ix-nay on what? | 啥事不行? |
[14:48] | – Not feeling it. – Not feeling what? | – 没感觉 – 啥没感觉? |
[14:51] | But-but friends and stuff. | 但还能当朋友 |
[14:52] | Oh, my God, this is the worst breakup ever. | 我的天 史上最烂的分手告白 |
[14:56] | You’re breaking up with me? | 你要和我分手? |
[14:57] | Oh, if that’s what you want, I-I totally understand. | 要是你想的话 我绝对能理解 |
[15:03] | You still haven’t activated that shortstop the Mariners just brought up. | 你还没开通大家提到的游击手位置 |
[15:06] | Got to have it. | 快去开通 |
[15:09] | See, Sports Guy! People love you. | 看见吧 运动小子! 大家都爱你 |
[15:11] | I can’t be Sports Guy anymore, okay? It’s killing me! | 我不做运动小子了 成不? 都快崩溃了! |
[15:15] | I keep getting these constant texts and e-mails and phone calls in the middle of the night. | 半夜三更我老是收到短信 邮件还有电话 |
[15:19] | Sometimes I even think that I’m being followed. | 有时我甚至觉得被人跟踪 |
[15:24] | Hey, buddy. | 嘿 哥们 |
[15:25] | I need you to push that trade through, so I can set my new lineup. | 我要你尽快搞定我那个队员交易 这样我就能重排阵容了 |
[15:29] | Wow, you really carry it in your shoulders, don’t you? | 你的确有把这事放心上 是吧? |
[15:33] | Seriously, it’s over. | 说真的 已经结束了 |
[15:35] | Do you want me to stop? | 你要我停下来? |
[15:38] | No. | 不 |
[15:40] | With Robin and PJ broken up, I was free to make some staffing changes inhe office. | Robin和PJ分手后 我随心所欲地 在我的办公室做了点人员调动 |
[15:47] | Hi, welcome to Mosbius Designs. | 嗨 欢迎来到Mosbius设计公司 |
[15:49] | You got to be kidding me? | 你在逗我吧? |
[15:51] | And now that PJ was back at work… | 既然PJ回来工作了… |
[15:55] | You got to be kidding me? | 你在逗我吧? |
[15:58] | So, uh… apparently Robin and PJ are an item again. | 显然Robin和PJ又勾搭到一起了 |
[16:01] | You got to be kidding me! | 你在逗我吧! |
[16:07] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[16:09] | Okay, since Lily’s not talking to me, there’s something that I have to tell you. | 好吧 既然不能向Lily倾诉 我就告诉你吧 |
[16:12] | And this isn’t easy to say, all right? | 但有点难以启齿 好吧? |
[16:16] | I’m… wait for it… | 我…等下… |
[16:19] | in… wait for it… | 爱…等下… |
[16:22] | love… wait for it… | 上…等下… |
[16:24] | with… wait for it… | 了…等下… |
[16:32] | a… wait for it… | 某…等下… |
[16:34] | certain… wait for it… | 个…等下… |
[16:35] | – I know that you’re in love with Robin. – What? | – 我知道你爱上Robin了 – 啥? |
[16:38] | – Lily told me. – She told you? | – Lily告诉我的 – 她告诉你的? |
[16:41] | Great. | 好极了 |
[16:43] | I bet you guys have been laughing at me behind my back the whole time. | 我猜你们老在背后嘲笑我呢吧 |
[16:48] | Actually, um… in a weird way, we both think you’re kind of perfect for each other. | 其实…说来奇怪 我们一致认为你俩蛮登对的 |
[16:53] | – You do? – Yeah.Matter of fact, um, | – 是吗? – 嗯 事实上 |
[16:55] | we even try to sit onhe same side of the booth so you two will have to sit together. | 我们甚至尽量挤在桌子的一边 这样你俩就能坐一起 |
[16:59] | Really? That’s so sweet. | 是吗? 真善解人意 |
[17:01] | But let’s be clear. I don’t love her. Okay? | 但澄清下 我谈不上爱她 好吧? |
[17:06] | I just… miss her when she’s not around. | 我只是…她不在的时候想念她 |
[17:09] | I think about her all the time, and I imagine us one day running towards each other in slow motion, | 我时时刻刻想念她 想象着终有一天 我俩用慢镜头奔向对方怀中的场景 |
[17:13] | and I’m wearing a brown suede vest. | 而且我穿着棕色的绒面背心 |
[17:16] | Are you ever going to tell her how you feel? | 你想过向她表白吗? |
[17:17] | No. Maybe. Never. I don’t know. Look… | 没 说不准 决不 我不清楚 听着… |
[17:21] | I just need to get that PJ idiot awafrom her. | 我只想让那蠢蛋PJ离她远点 |
[17:25] | If Lily were here, she’d know exactly how to get rid of him. | 要是Lily在的话 她肯定能想出锦囊妙计 |
[17:28] | Maybe I can help. | 或许我能帮上忙 |
[17:30] | Marshall, you’re no Lily. | Marshall 你可及不上Lily |
[17:32] | Lily is a diabolical puppet master, | Lily是能巧妙周旋的小恶魔 |
[17:34] | subtly manipulating every situation to get exactly what she wants. | 能灵巧地掌控全局以便达到目的 |
[17:38] | She’s pure evil, Marshall. | 极为艰险狡诈 Marshall |
[17:41] | You got a good one there. Hang on to her. | 你可捡到宝啦 紧紧抓牢她 |
[17:44] | Meanwhile, my bizarre tug of war with Robin over PJ continued. | 与此同时 我与Robin争夺 PJ的拉力赛还在继续 |
[17:48] | Hey, PJ. | 嘿 PJ |
[17:50] | I was about to go on my wisdom walk. | 我想去散散步 汲取天地精华 |
[17:52] | Want to join me? | 要和我一起吗? |
[17:53] | Hey, PJ. | 嘿 PJ |
[17:55] | I took the bathroom keywithout asking. | 我私自拿了卫生间的钥匙 |
[17:58] | What are you going to do about it? | 你要咋处理呢? |
[18:01] | Look… you guys are both great. | 听着…你们俩都很不错 |
[18:03] | But the truth is I’m taking another job. | 但我找到了另一份工作 |
[18:06] | These are for you. | 这是给你的 |
[18:08] | Robin, I hope this letter offers some closure. | Robin 我希望这信能给我俩划上句号 |
[18:11] | Ted, I’m really going to miss you. | Ted 我会很想你的 |
[18:16] | You can’t trade Manny Ramirez for two middle relievers! | 你不能把Manny Ramirez 换成2个中继投手! |
[18:18] | If you veto that trade, I am out of the league! | 要是你不这么干 我就退出! |
[18:20] | Okay! Okay! I’ll figure it out. | 好的! 好的! 我会解决的 |
[18:26] | Hire the kid to be a “paralegal.” | 找个娃当”助理” |
[18:29] | He gets to do all the work, and you still get to be Sports Guy. | 工作统统交给他 而你仍旧是运动小子 |
[18:32] | Pure evil, Eriksen. Pure evil. | 真阴险 Eriksen 绝对阴险 |
[18:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:45] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[18:49] | What if I don’t think of the books? | 要是我不考虑书会咋样? |
[18:51] | Excuse me? | 啥? |
[18:53] | There’s this famous architecture story about an architect who designed this library. | 有这么个建筑师的故事 他设计了这个图书馆 |
[18:57] | It was perfect. | 一切都很完美 |
[18:59] | But every year, the whole thing would sink a couple inches into the ground. | 但每年 整幢楼都会往地下沉一点 |
[19:04] | Eventually, the building was condemned. | 最终大楼报废掉 |
[19:08] | He forgot to account for the weight of the books. | 他忘了把书的重量考虑在内 |
[19:12] | This company… it’s just me. | 这个公司…只有我而已 |
[19:17] | What if I don’t think of the books? | 要是我也不考虑书会咋样? |
[19:19] | Okay… first of all, nobody goes to libraries anymore, so who cares about that guy? | 好吧…首先 现在很少人去图书馆了 所以有谁会关注那建筑师? |
[19:24] | Secondly, you need to get on the phone and start calling clients. | 其次 你得打电话找客户 |
[19:29] | The longer I put off starting my own firm, | 我的公司不开业 |
[19:31] | the longer it can remain a dream and not something I screwed up at. | 我就永远不会把事情搞砸 这一切还继续是我的梦想 |
[19:36] | I mean, it’s like I’m giving up before I even started. | 我是说 看来我还没开业就放弃了 |
[19:39] | You want to talk about giving up? | 你想谈谈放弃吗? |
[19:41] | I used to describe my ideal guy as “funny, smart, passionate, challenging.” | 我以前总觉得我的白马王子得 幽默 聪明 热情 大胆 |
[19:47] | And now, apparently, I will settle for “in my apartment.” | 但现在 我在自己公寓里 找了个家伙就将就了 |
[19:52] | Didn’t you think you’d have it all more figured out by now? | 你不觉得其实你已经准备的差不多了吗? |
[19:55] | Are you kidding?By 30, I was going to be annoyingly successful, | 你在逗我吧? 我该在30岁时名扬天下 |
[19:58] | married to the perfect woman, maybe a kid on the way. | 娶个好老婆 没准都快有孩子了 |
[20:02] | Instead, I’m just some guy sitting in his apartment, having a staring contest with his phone. | 可是 我现在只是闲在家里 和电话较劲的无名小卒 |
[20:09] | And losing. | 最终就是下不了决心打电话的窝囊废 |
[20:13] | You can take that thing. | 你会成功的 |
[20:31] | Hi, this is Ted Mosby of Mosbius Designs. | 嗨 我是Mosbius设计公司的Ted Mosby |
[20:34] | I’m calling to inquire about any design needs you may have now or in the future. | 我想问下目前或者将来 你们是否需要建筑设计 |
[20:37] | That sounds great, buddy. | 貌似不错 伙计 |
[20:38] | – Really? I sound confident? – Yup. | – 是吗? 我听上去信心十足? – 对 |
[20:40] | – Now call an actual client. – Great. | – 打给真正的客户吧 – 好 |
[20:47] | Hey, Food Guy! | 嘿 美食小子! |
[20:50] | Hey, Toy Guy! | 嘿 玩具小子! |
[20:57] | Who’s that guy? | 那是谁? |
[21:00] | He doesn’t work here. | 不是这的工作人员 |
[21:02] | – I think we should leave the building. – Really? | – 我觉得我们得闪啦 – 是吗? |
[21:04] | This has happened before. | 以前也发生过 |