时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | In November 2009,Uncle Marshall and Aunt Lily | 2009年11月 Marshall叔叔和Lily阿姨 |
[00:03] | hosted the first Thanksgiving at their very own apartment. | 第一次在自己小窝里 主办筹备了的感恩节晚餐 |
[00:06] | And Marshall had found the perfect turkey. | Marshall还找到了最好的火鸡 |
[00:08] | Oh,baby,it is beautiful. | 亲爱的 它真美 |
[00:12] | It’s 22 pounds. It’s organic. | 重达22磅 全有机饲料喂养 |
[00:15] | You remember my bald Uncle Heinrek? | 还记得我的光头叔叔Heinrek吗? |
[00:16] | It looks exactly like his head. | 跟他的头简直一模一样 |
[00:19] | Oh,my God. | 噢天呐 |
[00:20] | My turkey… | 我的火鸡… |
[00:22] | My turkey! | 我的火鸡! |
[00:24] | So,when we showed up for the big day, | 当天我们到达的时候 |
[00:26] | Marshall was pretty bummed out. | Marshall看上去很憋气 |
[00:28] | Well,we got the turkey. | 好吧 我们有火鸡了 |
[00:29] | No. You didn’t. You got the pathetic replacement turkey. | 不 才没有 你们的火鸡是杯具的替代品 |
[00:32] | Damn it,you know,why didn’t I just listen to the precorded voice | 该死 为什么在车里我没听前市长Ed Koch |
[00:34] | of former Mayor Ed Koch reminding me to take my belongings? | “不要遗忘随身物品”的提醒录音? |
[00:38] | No,Marshall,you don’t understand. | 不 Marshall 你没明白 |
[00:40] | Robin and I went to the Port Authority Lost and Found, | Robin和我去了事务局的失物招领处 |
[00:42] | and there,sitting in their fridge… | 在那里 静静坐在他们冰箱里的是… |
[00:45] | Marshall Eriksen… | Marshall Eriksen… |
[00:47] | is this your turkey? | 这是你的火鸡吗? |
[00:49] | Yes! That’s my turkey! | 对! 就是我的火鸡! |
[00:51] | Oh,come here,you handsome little bastard! | 噢 过来 你这只帅气的小混蛋 |
[00:54] | Okay,I’m going to go put this in the oven. | 好吧 我把它放进烤箱 |
[00:56] | Okay. Oh,my God! You guys are the best friends ever! | 好吧 噢 天呐! 你们是有史以来最好的朋友了! |
[00:59] | It was totally a team effort. | 绝对是团队合作的成果 |
[01:01] | I’m so ha… | 我实在太… |
[01:04] | Guys,I don’t know what to say. | 朋友们 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[01:05] | I mean,it’s Thanksgiving, | 我是说 今天是感恩节 |
[01:07] | but “thanks” just doesn’t seem like enough. | 但是光一个”谢”字貌似远远不够 |
[01:09] | Come on,buddy,you would’ve done the same thing for us. | 别这样 兄弟 换做你也会为我们这么做的 |
[01:10] | Yeah,I would,and you know why? | 是的 我会的 你们知道为什么吗 |
[01:12] | Because I love you guys. | 因为我爱你们 |
[01:13] | And I’m going to show you just how much. | 马上 你们就会知道我对你们的爱有多深 |
[01:15] | Ted Mosby,Robin Scherbatsky,I bequeath unto you the fourth slap. | Ted Mosby和Robin Scherbatsky 我将把第四个巴掌转交给你们 |
[01:22] | Wait,what? | 等等 什么? |
[01:24] | Kids,you remember Barney and Marshall’s “Slap Bet. | 孩子们 你们还记得Barney和Marshall的”掌掴赌注”吗? |
[01:27] | 2006 | 2006 |
[01:27] | ” When Barney lost,Marshall won the right | Barney输了后 |
[01:29] | to slap Barney five times as hard as he could. | Marshall赢得了掌掴Barney五次的奖励 想多用力就多用力 |
[01:32] | So far,he’d used three of those five slaps. | 至今为止 他已经用掉三个巴掌 |
[01:36] | With the third being doled out | 随着第三个巴掌的使用 |
[01:38] | exactly two years earlier on Thanksgiving Day 2007. | 那次正好也在两年前 2 007年的感恩节 |
[01:42] | A day that history came to know as “Slapsgiving. | 历史上记载此天为”掌掴节” |
[01:45] | ” Are you saying… | 你的意思… |
[01:46] | …what we think you’re saying? | …是不是我们所想的那个意思? |
[01:48] | Probably not. | 也许不是 |
[01:50] | Unless you think I’m saying “Slapsgiving Two: | 除非你认为我指的是 “掌掴节2: 掌掴复仇记” |
[01:53] | Revenge Of The Slap,” in which case,yes, | 如果是这样的话 是的 |
[01:55] | that’s exactly what I’m saying! | 那就是我想说的! |
[01:58] | No way! | 没门! |
[01:59] | Uh-uh. Slaps aren’t transferable. | 不不 掌掴人不能换成其他人 |
[02:01] | Lily is the Slap Bet Commissioner. Lil? | Lily是掌掴公证人 Lil你说呢 |
[02:04] | Slaps are transferable. | 掌掴人可以转移 |
[02:06] | – No! – Transferable! | – 不! – 可以转移! |
[02:07] | Wait,Marshall,you realize you’ll only have one left after this. | 等一下 Marshall 你要知道 使用掉这个就只剩最后一个了 |
[02:10] | Are you sure you want to spend this slap today? | 确定要在今天扇这一巴掌吗? |
[02:12] | Life is short. I figured,Slap-e Diem. | 人生苦短 我已悟出了真谛 掌掴才是王道 |
[02:15] | Okay,rule number one: the slap must occur before sundown, | 好吧 规矩一 掌掴必须在天黑前完成 |
[02:18] | so as not to interfere with Lily’s meal. | 以免搅乱Lily用餐 |
[02:20] | Damn straight. | 说的没错! |
[02:21] | Two,you guys have to decide amongst yourselves who gets to do it. | 规矩二 你们必须自己决定谁来扇这一巴掌 |
[02:24] | Three… we’re going to tie Barney to this chair, | 规矩三 我们会把Barney绑在这张椅子上 |
[02:26] | which shall henceforth be referred to as The Slapping Throne. Sound fair? | 今后这张椅子就被称为”掌掴王座” 公平吧? |
[02:30] | – Totally. – Amazing. | – 很公平 – 真神奇 |
[02:31] | Absolutely not! | 当然不公平! |
[02:32] | It was all set to be the best Thanksgiving ever. | 那本来会是最棒的感恩节 |
[02:35] | Until… | 直到 |
[02:36] | Are we expecting somebody else? | 我们在等人吗? |
[02:38] | It was someone Lily hadn’t seen or spoken to in three years. | 等的人正是Lily三年都没有见过面 没有说过话的 |
[02:44] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[02:47] | how i met your mother s05e09 | |
[02:58] | Now,Lily and her dad,Mickey, | 现在 Lily和她的爸爸Mickey |
[03:00] | had always had a tough relationship. | 关系一直不融洽 |
[03:02] | Mickey’s dream was to invent the next great American board game. | Mickey的梦想是发明最牛的美式桌游 |
[03:02] | 1988 | 1988 |
[03:05] | But his ideas were always a little off. | 但他的创意总不太靠谱 |
[03:08] | – Daddy? – Yeah? | – 老爸? – 嗯? |
[03:09] | You missed my ballet recital. | 你错过了我的芭蕾独舞 |
[03:11] | Yes,sweetie,but,look! | 是的 亲爱的 但是你瞧 |
[03:13] | I just put the finishing touches | 我刚装饰完毕 |
[03:14] | on my new,hit board game,”Tijuana Slumlord. | 新的热门棋盘游戏 “提华纳的万恶地主” |
[03:20] | – ” Daddy? – Uh-huh? | – 老爸? – 嗯哼? |
[03:21] | You missed my gymnastics meet. | 你错过了我的体操比赛 |
[03:23] | Yeah,yeah,yeah. Butthisis the one! | 是啊 是啊 但是就是它了 |
[03:26] | “Car Battery: | “汽车电池: 你能坚持多久” |
[03:28] | How Long Can You Hold On? | |
[03:32] | ” Here,Princess. Grab these. | 过来 小公主 抓住这个 |
[03:36] | – Daddy? – Mm-hmm. | – 爸爸? – 嗯哼 |
[03:38] | I had a nightmare. | 我做了个恶梦 |
[03:39] | Aw,sweetie. | 噢 宝贝 |
[03:42] | Here,come play Daddy’s new game: | 过来玩爸爸的新游戏 |
[03:45] | “There’s A Clown Demon Under The Bed! | “床底有个小丑魔鬼” |
[03:49] | ” Her whole life,Mickey disappointed Lily. | 她一生中 Mickey都让她失望 |
[03:51] | And she always put up with it, | 但她一直默默忍受着 |
[03:52] | until one day in 2006 when Lily went to visit her grandparents. | 直到2006年的一天 Lily去看望她的爷爷奶奶 |
[03:57] | So,Rita,are you excited about the,uh, the big move to Florida? | Rita 马上要搬到佛罗里达洲了 开心吗? |
[03:59] | Actually,dear,slight change of plans. | 事实上 亲爱的 计划稍有变动 |
[04:01] | We’re staying here for the time being. | 我们暂时还是住这里 |
[04:04] | We had a slight financial hiccup. | 我们出了点财务小状况 |
[04:07] | Ma! The straw to my juice box broke! | 妈妈 我的果汁盒上的吸管断了 |
[04:12] | Ma,chop,chop! | 妈妈 恰恰恰 |
[04:16] | Oh,hey,guys. | 噢 嗨 大家好 |
[04:18] | What a pleasant surprise. | 多让人高兴的一个惊喜 |
[04:20] | Dad,what happened to your apartment? | 爸爸 你怎么不在你的公寓? |
[04:22] | Oh,well,I had a little falling out with my roommate. | 噢 我和室友吵架了 |
[04:25] | – What happened? – He wanted me to pay rent. Got kind of ugly. | – 怎么了? – 他想让我付房租 然后事情就变得有点棘手了 |
[04:28] | Dad! You should be paying rent,not living in your parents’ basement. | 爸爸! 你应该付房租 而不是住在父母的地下室里 |
[04:32] | Hey,it’s not my first choice. | 喂 最初我可不想来这里的 |
[04:34] | Having the old farts right upstairs is crimpin’ my style a bit. | 楼上住着两个老骨头 让我的形象大打折扣 |
[04:38] | Clearly,they’re not getting the whole | 很显然 他们还是不知道 |
[04:39] | “sock on the doorknob” thing. | “门把上的袜子”的真正含义 |
[04:41] | Oh,they caught you with a girl? | 噢 他们看到你和一个女孩XXOO了? |
[04:43] | In a way. | 差不多吧 (估计是在DIY) |
[04:45] | Bye,sweetheart. I’m off to work. | 再见 亲爱的 我要去上班了 |
[04:47] | Work? You’re retired. | 上班? 你已经退休了啊 |
[04:49] | Now that I have an extra mouth to feed, | 现在多了个人要养活 |
[04:51] | I had to go back to the steel mill. | 我得回钢铁厂 |
[04:53] | Rita? Where’s my truss? | Rita 我的疝气绷带呢? |
[04:56] | So,not only did you stop them from moving to Florida, | 你不仅成了他们搬去佛罗里达州的障碍 |
[04:58] | but now you forced Grandpa to go back to work? | 还逼迫爷爷回去工作? |
[05:01] | Just until I get Aldrin Games Unlimited off the ground | 只要等到我把Aldrin游戏公司挤走 |
[05:04] | with my new sensation: | 用的就是我的新发明: |
[05:06] | “Dog Fight Promoter. | “狗狗之战的赞助商” |
[05:09] | ” And then Lily gave her dad a look | 然后Lily用一种表情看着他 |
[05:10] | that Marshall had only seen a few times before. | 这种表情Marshall也仅看过几次 |
[05:13] | A look we all prayed never to be on the receiving end of: | 那个 我们这辈子都不想收到的 |
[05:16] | her “You’re Dead To Me” look. | 她那”对我而言你已死去”的表情 |
[05:23] | Which brings us back to Thanksgiving of 2009. | 回到2009年的感恩节 |
[05:25] | Hey,Princess. | 嗨 小公主 |
[05:28] | I brought “Diseases! | 我带来了”疾病游戏” |
[05:35] | – do that? – I don’t know,but maybe we should, | – 他来干吗? – 不知道 也许我们应该… |
[05:37] | uh,let him in and find out. | 让他进来看看他想干吗 |
[05:38] | No,I don’t want to see him! Get rid of him! | 不 我不想见到他 让他走 |
[05:47] | Hey,Mickey. | 嘿 Mickey |
[05:49] | Just hang tight,okay? | 再等一会 好吗 |
[05:51] | We’ll,we’ll work this out. | 我们 我们会搞定的 |
[05:52] | Take your time,amigo. | 没关系的 伙计 |
[05:53] | I’m okay as long as I have “Diseases! | 只要我有”疾病游戏” 我就不会有事的 |
[05:55] | ” The fun’s infectious. | 游戏的乐趣可是会传染的哦 |
[06:04] | God,I hope Lily’s okay. | 天啊 我希望Lily没事 |
[06:06] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[06:07] | She doesn’t talk about it much, | 她不太提起这事 |
[06:09] | but this thing with her dad causes her a lot of pain. | 但是她和爸爸的事给她带来很多痛苦 |
[06:11] | Just tell me which one of you’s gonna slap me! | 只要告诉我 你们中的谁要扇我巴掌 |
[06:13] | – What? – I’m dying over here! | – 什么? – 我生不如死! |
[06:15] | Ted reaches for a chip,I flinch! | Ted拿薯片时 我躲开了 |
[06:17] | Robin fixes her hair,I flinch! | Robin理头发时 我躲开了 |
[06:19] | I’m doing so much flinching. It’s bad for my skin. | 我躲地太频繁 皮肤会变差的 |
[06:21] | I’m getting crow’s feet. Crow’s feet! | 都快变鸡爪皮了 鸡爪皮! |
[06:25] | Lily,come on. It’s been three years,okay? | Lily 不要这样 都过去三年了 |
[06:28] | That’s long enough. | 也够久了 |
[06:29] | Having him in my life causes me nothing but stress. | 有他在我的生活中 只会给我带来压力 |
[06:32] | It’s just easier for him to be dead to me. | 把他想象成已死对我来说比较容易 |
[06:35] | Okay,Lily,look. | 好吧 Lily 瞧 |
[06:36] | I supported you when our neighbor,Mr. Ossias,was “dead to you. | 你把我们的邻居Ossias先生视为已死 我支持你 |
[06:41] | ” Hey! That’s our newspaper. | 嘿! 那是我们的报纸 |
[06:44] | You’ll get it back in 15 minutes. | 15分钟内还给你们 |
[06:46] | Make it 20. I had a steak last night. | 20分钟吧 昨晚我吃了块牛排 |
[06:57] | And I was fine when your bridesmaid, Whitney,was “dead to you. | 你把你的伴娘Whitney视为已死 我也支持你 |
[07:01] | ” Oh,Lily! You look so amazing! | 噢 Lily 你看上去美极了 |
[07:04] | That dress is gorgeous! | 这衣服美极了 |
[07:06] | Oh,thanks,guys. | 噢 谢谢大家 |
[07:07] | Hmm,I… I’m just not a fan of strapless. | 呃 我…我就是不太喜欢无肩带的款式 |
[07:18] | I even understood | 我甚至能理解 |
[07:19] | when Mr. Park from the bodega downstairs was “dead to you. | 你把楼下小店的Park先生视为已死 |
[07:22] | ” One coffee,please. | 一杯咖啡 |
[07:24] | Oh,but only if you have decaf. | 噢 但是只要无咖啡因的 |
[07:25] | I don’t want to be up all night. | 我不想整宿睡不着 |
[07:27] | Dollar fifty. | 1块5 |
[07:31] | Coffee,regular. | 来杯普通咖啡 |
[07:32] | Dollar fifty. | 1块5 |
[07:38] | Excuse me. Are you sure mine was decaf? | 不好意思 你确定我的是无咖啡因的吗? |
[07:40] | You just used the same pot. | 你用的是同个咖啡壶 |
[07:43] | Oh,I lie to him. Okay? | 噢 我对他撒谎了 好吗? |
[07:45] | Oh,okay. | 噢 好吧 |
[07:51] | You son of a bitch. | 你个狗娘养的 |
[07:55] | That was not decaf! | 那不是无咖啡因的 |
[08:05] | I supported you with all of those random people, | 对这些无关痛痒的人 我都支持你 |
[08:08] | but this is your father. | 但他是你的父亲 |
[08:10] | Okay,can’t we at least just give him some turkey? | 好吧 我们至少得给他点火鸡吧? |
[08:13] | – No. – Come on,Lily. | – 不 – 不要这样嘛 Lily |
[08:14] | Please,I can’t ask the guy to leave on Thanksgiving. | 求你了 我不能在感恩节赶走一个人 |
[08:17] | Oh,you don’t have to ask. | 噢 你不用请他走 |
[08:19] | Just tell him that it’s really important that he be here. | 只要告诉他 他能留下对你来说很重要 |
[08:22] | And before you know it, | 在你回过神来前 |
[08:23] | he’ll be at a board game convention in Toledo, | 他就已经在托莱多的一个棋类游戏研讨会上了 |
[08:25] | giving your braces money to some guy | 把你的钱交给一个 |
[08:27] | claiming to be Milton Bradley. | 声称自己是Milton Bradley的人了 (北美最早的棋类游戏公司创始人) |
[08:29] | He was just out trying to provide for the family. | 他只是想出去挣点钱补贴家用 |
[08:32] | No. No,that’s what my mom did by working two jobs. | 不 不 是我妈妈做两份工才维持了家用 |
[08:36] | Marshall,that man broke my heart | Marshall 那个男人伤透了我的心 |
[08:38] | every single day for 20 years. | 20年来的每一天都如此 |
[08:44] | Well,then we’ll just give him some dark meat. | 好吧 那我们就给他点鸡腿肉吧 |
[08:47] | No,seriously,Robin,you should get the slap. | 不 我说真的 Robin 该由你来掌掴 |
[08:50] | I mean,you’re a great slapper. | 我是说 你掌掴很厉害 |
[08:52] | In fact,I want to study slapping under your tutelage. | 事实上 我还想在你的指导下学习掌掴之道呢 |
[08:55] | I want to be your slap-prentice. | 我想做你的掌掴学徒 |
[08:58] | Don’t sell yourself short there,Teddy. | 别低估你自己 Teddy |
[09:00] | You’re a slapping rock star. | 你是个掌掴巨星 |
[09:01] | Your name should be Eric Slapton. | 你的名字应该是Eric Slapton |
[09:04] | Okay,okay,guys,this is torture. | 好吧 好吧 大伙 这简直是折磨 |
[09:06] | – Just put me in the chair… – Slapping Throne. | – 把我弄到椅子上… – 掌掴王座上 |
[09:08] | – And get it over with! – Okay,he’s all yours. | – 赶紧扇了这一巴掌吧! – 好吧 他归你了 |
[09:10] | No-no-no-no. It’s you,I insist. | 不 不 不 他是你的 我发誓 |
[09:11] | – Okay,I’ll do it. – Great. Wait,what? | – 好吧 我来 – 好极了 等等 什么? |
[09:14] | I’m just saying,I’ll slap him. | 我只是说 我来扇他耳光 |
[09:16] | What,so that’s just,like,the end of the discussion? | 什么 所以这就…讨论结束了? |
[09:19] | Well,you said I could slap him. | 是你说我可以掌掴他的 |
[09:21] | Uh,I was just being nice. | 呃 我只是跟你客套一下 |
[09:24] | If anyone’s gonna slap him,it’s gonna be me. | 如果有人要掌掴他 那人也得是我 |
[09:27] | No,it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[09:31] | This is interesting. | 真有趣 |
[09:35] | Lily,he’s family,okay? | Lily 他是你的家人 好吗? |
[09:37] | And I’m sorry,but you just don’t cut off family. | 对不起 我不想拆散一个家庭 |
[09:40] | Oh,well,that’s easy for you to say | 你说起来容易 |
[09:41] | when you come from the most ridiculously close family in the world. | 你来自一个世界上亲近地不可思议的家庭 |
[09:46] | We are not ridiculously close. | 我们才不是亲近地不可思议呢 |
[09:47] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 是真的吗? – 是的 |
[09:48] | What about the Eriksen Family Dinner every single Sunday? | Eriksen家每周日的聚餐怎么说? |
[09:52] | Everything looks delicious,Mother Eriksen. | 一切看上去都那么美味 Eriksen妈咪 |
[09:54] | Thank you,Papa Bear. | 谢谢 熊爸爸 |
[09:56] | Marshall,would you like to say grace? | Marshall 饭前祷告你来做好吗? |
[09:59] | Well,I would be happy to,Mother. | 我很乐意 妈妈 |
[10:03] | Everyone,please join hands. | 各位 请拉手 |
[10:10] | Dear Lord… | 亲爱的主… |
[10:11] | I’m sorry,but that’s weird. | 抱歉 真是太另类了 |
[10:14] | A family should be that close. | 一家人就该这么亲密无间 |
[10:15] | And I want our future family to be that close. | 我希望我们未来的家庭也能这样 |
[10:18] | And that includes your dad. | 当然也包括你爸爸 |
[10:19] | I can’t believe you’re taking his side. | 真不敢相信你帮他说话 |
[10:21] | – Lily… – Let me be clear on this: | – Lily… – 我再重申一遍 |
[10:23] | that man will never cross the threshold into this home,ever! | 那人永远别想踏进我家的门槛! |
[10:29] | It’s just gonna be,like, five more minutes. | 再等大概五分多钟就行 |
[10:32] | Hopefully soon,amigo. | 但愿快点 朋友 |
[10:33] | I’m fighting a losing battle with hemorrhoids here. | 同痔疮搏斗 我注定要吃败仗 |
[10:36] | Oh,that’s one of the diseases? | 这是疾病游戏的一种吗? |
[10:39] | No. | 不是 |
[10:44] | Ted,there is an hour before the sun sets, | Ted 再过一小时太阳就下山了 |
[10:46] | at which point,neither one of us gets to slap Barney. | 到现在还没决定谁��Barney |
[10:48] | So just let me have it. | 那就让我来吧 |
[10:49] | I’m the one who had the idea to call the Port Authority Lost and Found. | 是我想到给港务局失物招领处打电话的 |
[10:52] | Ooh,that’s a good point. Rebuttal? | 有利的论据 反方? |
[10:54] | I’m the one who slipped the guy a 20! | 是我给那家伙塞20块的 |
[10:55] | Oh,philosophical conundrum. | 哲学难题 |
[10:57] | Idea versus execution. | 创意与执行的碰撞 |
[10:58] | Please discuss at length. | 请做总结陈词 |
[11:00] | I carried that huge turkey all the way up here. | 是我千里迢迢把火鸡拿上来的 |
[11:02] | I paid for cab fare. | 出租车钱是我给的 |
[11:04] | Well,you slept with one of my best friends! | 你和我死党上床! |
[11:06] | What?! | 什么? |
[11:08] | You,you said you were okay with that. | 你 你说不介意的 |
[11:09] | Well,I’m not! | 我介意 |
[11:10] | Well,why didn’t you say something at the time? | 那你当时为什么不说? |
[11:11] | Because I’m still in love with you! | 因为我还爱着你! |
[11:17] | Do you really want to slap Barney so bad | 你真那么想��Barney? |
[11:19] | that you would lie about being in love with me? | 不惜撒谎说还爱着我 |
[11:21] | I really want to slap him,okay? | 我真超想��他 好不? |
[11:24] | Yes,your dad has made some mistakes in the past, | 是 你爸过去是犯过错 |
[11:26] | but he’s a different person now. | 但他现在改过自新了 |
[11:28] | He’s moved out of your grandparents’ house. | 他从你爷爷奶奶家搬出来了 |
[11:30] | He’s got a job. | 找了份活 |
[11:31] | He’s paying off his IRS debts. | 开始偿还欠税 |
[11:32] | Wait,how do you know all that? | 等等 你怎么知道这些的? |
[11:36] | Like,body language. | 看肢体语言 |
[11:39] | Okay,well,yeah,we met for a drink last week. | 好吧 我们上周出去喝酒了 |
[11:43] | I miss her a ton. | 我好想她 |
[11:45] | Little princess. | 小公主 |
[11:47] | She ever talk about me? | 她有说起过我吗? |
[11:49] | Yeah. Yeah,like,all the time. | 嗯 嗯 总说起 |
[11:52] | Um,she tells this one really sweet story about… | 她说过那啥的温馨往事 |
[11:55] | – So never,huh? – No,not a word. | – 从没说过 哈? – 嗯 只字未提 |
[11:58] | But… it doesn’t have to be that way. | 但…事情还有转机 |
[12:00] | We can,we can fix this,right? | 我们能弥补 对吧? |
[12:04] | You know,I always thought it’d get fixed at the wedding. | 我一直想在你们婚礼上作出补偿 |
[12:07] | I even wrote a toast. | 我都写好了祝酒词 |
[12:10] | But then,no invite. | 但没邀请我 |
[12:15] | Hell,I haven’t even seen a wedding photo. | 我都没见过你们的结婚照 |
[12:17] | And then,right before my eyes, | 接着 当着我的面 |
[12:19] | your father broke down crying. | 你父亲哭了起来 |
[12:25] | That’s it! | 好了! |
[12:26] | You’re coming to Thanksgiving! | 感恩节你来吧! |
[12:29] | You invited him?! | 你邀请他了?! |
[12:31] | The guy was,like,blubbering. | 他都泪如雨下了 |
[12:33] | What was I going to do? | 我能怎么办? |
[12:34] | And then,some jerk at the next table called him a sissy, | 隔壁桌有个混蛋骂他娘娘腔 |
[12:36] | which I thought was totally uncalled-for. | 简直是胡说八道 |
[12:38] | I can’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[12:39] | Marshall,what gives you the right to do that? | Marshall 你有什么权利这么做? |
[12:42] | You and I are married. | 你嫁给了我 |
[12:43] | And that means he’s my family,too. | 就是说他也是我家人了 |
[12:52] | Mickey,come on in. | Mickey 快进来 |
[13:06] | Ted,you better roll quickly. | Ted 你快点掷骰子 |
[13:07] | Your gall bladder’s about to burst. | 你的胆囊快爆了 |
[13:10] | You know,Mickey,it’s been,like,half an hour. | Mickey 都半个小时了 |
[13:12] | I think we should go look for Lily. | 我觉得我们该去找找Lily |
[13:13] | Eh,she just needs some time to cool down. Let’s finish the game. | 她需要点时间冷静下 我们先把游戏玩完吧 |
[13:16] | Yeah,play another round. Best of seven! | 嗯 再战一局 七战四胜! |
[13:18] | Damn it,Robin! | 靠 Robin! |
[13:19] | I’ve known Barney the longest. | 我早认识Barney了 |
[13:21] | I get to slap him. | 该我来��他 |
[13:22] | That slap is mine,Mosby. | 该我 Mosby |
[13:24] | I’ve never slapped Barney… | 我从没��过Barney |
[13:26] | above the waist. | 腰以上的部位 |
[13:28] | Look,I’ve wanted to slap Barney since the moment I met him! | 听着 从我瞅见Barney那会儿 我就想��他! |
[13:30] | You don’t think that I want to slap Barney? | 你觉得我不想��Barney吗? |
[13:31] | – I’ve waited… – Wait,wait a minute. Wait a minute! | – 我都等了… – 等下 等下! |
[13:33] | This slap was supposed to be a wonderful thing, | 这耳光本该是件好东西 |
[13:36] | a gift,and look,it’s turned us against each other. | 是份礼物 瞧瞧 我们为它争起来了 |
[13:40] | My God,you’re right. | 我的天 你说得对 |
[13:43] | This once pure fruit has turned into a poison slapple. | 纯洁的友谊之果变成毒苹果 |
[13:47] | You know what? Seriously,you take it. | 说真的 你拿去吧 |
[13:49] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[13:51] | Slapsolutely. | 斩钉截铁 |
[13:53] | I really think that we should go look for Lily. | 我真觉得该去找下Lily |
[13:56] | Ted? Gall bladder about to pop. | Ted? 胆囊要爆了 |
[13:59] | Okay,it’s decided. Barney,come on. Get in the Throne. | 好吧 决定了 Barnry 来吧 登上宝座 |
[14:02] | – Hmm? Are you… – Yep. Come on. | – ��? 你… – 对 来吧 |
[14:05] | Well,you,um… Uh,well,I guess that is the best decision,Robin. | 你 呃…我觉得这决定妙极了 Robin |
[14:09] | I mean… men are stronger than women. | 我是说…男人比女人强 |
[14:13] | D-Don’t listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[14:14] | – Okay,it’s been decided. – Okay. | – 好吧 已经决定了 – 好吧 |
[14:16] | And that’s what you’ve always wanted,isn’t it,Robin? | 这是你一直想要的 不是吗 Robin? |
[14:18] | A strong man to take care of you? | 一个强大的男人来照顾你? |
[14:22] | I mean,sure. Growing up,you were a scrapper. | 小宇宙爆发吧 你可是打架的好手 |
[14:24] | Playing hockey with the boys,skinning your knees on the ice. | 和男孩一起玩曲棍球 在冰面上擦破膝盖 |
[14:28] | But what you couldn’t tell your teammates– | 但你难以向你队友启齿 |
[14:30] | what you couldn’t even tell yourself– | 甚至无法向自己启齿的是 |
[14:33] | was that all you really wanted | 你内心想要的 |
[14:36] | was that pretty white dress in that pretty white chapel. | 只是华丽丽的白色小礼服 和华丽丽的白色小教堂 |
[14:41] | And at the end of that center aisle, | 在走道的尽头 |
[14:44] | strewn with pretty white flowers, | 铺满华丽丽的白花 |
[14:47] | a man to do all your slapping for you. | 一个男人替你打点好一切 |
[14:51] | – Let me at him! – Robin! Come on! Hold on! | – 让我��他! – Robin! 拜托! 冷静! |
[14:56] | Oh,my God. | 我的天 |
[14:57] | – What just happened? – Sorry,Ted. Gallbladder burst. | – 发生了什么事? – 抱歉 Ted 胆囊爆了 |
[15:01] | You move back three spaces. | 你得退三步 |
[15:04] | You come in here, | 你来这 |
[15:05] | and you watch your daughter leave | 眼睁睁看着自己的女儿走掉 |
[15:06] | and you don’t even care. | 都无动于衷 |
[15:08] | And now you’ve destroyed Thanksgiving dinner! | 现在你又毁了感恩节大餐! |
[15:10] | Lily-Lily worked all day on this! | Lily Lily为这忙活了一天! |
[15:12] | Relax. It’s not real bile. | 别鸡冻 又不是真的胆汁 |
[15:14] | It’s just lead-based paint from China. | 只是中国产的含铅油漆而已 |
[15:17] | And horse bile. | 混着马的胆汁 |
[15:19] | And at that moment, Marshall gave Mickey a look | 就在那时 Marshall用我们 |
[15:22] | none of us had ever seen him give anyone. | 从没见过的眼神瞪着Mickey |
[15:25] | What’s this? What’s he doing? | 这是啥? 他在干吗? |
[15:27] | Did you swallow some of that paint? | 你吞下油漆了? |
[15:29] | This is my “you’re dead to me” look. | 这眼神的意思是”你对我来说已死” |
[15:31] | Oh. Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:33] | Yeah,you know,Lily’s is so much better… | 嗯 Lily的厉害多了… |
[15:34] | Get out of my house! | 滚出我家! |
[15:43] | Mr. Park’s,huh? This is the last place I expected to find you. | Park咖吧 哈? 我没想到你在这里 |
[15:46] | – Marshall… – Lily,I’m sorry. But just hear me out. | – Marshall… – Lily 对不起 听我把话说完 |
[15:50] | I used to think that family was-was a right. But it’s not. | 我一直以为家人之间就该那样 但我错了 |
[15:53] | It’s a privilege,and it has to be earned. | 并非所有人都能这样 得付出努力才行 |
[15:56] | I kicked your dad out. | 我把你爸赶出去了 |
[15:58] | And I promise,baby,I will… | 我保证 宝贝 我… |
[16:00] | I will never make you see him again. | 我决不会再逼你见他了 |
[16:03] | Oh,what? Baby,what-what happened? | 怎么? 宝贝 发生什么事了? |
[16:06] | Marshall,I came in here because it was cold | Marshall 我来这是因为外面太冷 |
[16:08] | and this was the only place that was open. | 只有这里还开着 |
[16:11] | I wasn’t even gonna look Mr. Park in the eye. | 我都不想正视Park先生 |
[16:14] | And then I found out… | 然后我发现… |
[16:17] | Mr. Park died. | Park先生死了 |
[16:19] | Oh,my God. | 我的天 |
[16:21] | He really is dead to me! | 他真的已经死了! |
[16:23] | And if I feel this bad about never making up with Mr.Park, | 我真后悔没能和Park先生和好 |
[16:28] | a guy who meant literally nothing to me… | 尽管他对我来说无足轻重… |
[16:35] | We got to go get my dad. | 我们得去找我爹 |
[16:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:39] | So that’s how on Thanksgiving 2009, | 这就是2009年的感恩节 |
[16:42] | your Aunt Lily performed a miracle. | 你们的Lily阿姨妙手回春 |
[16:45] | She brought a man back from the dead. | 从鬼门关救了个人回来 |
[16:48] | Everyone. | 各位 |
[16:50] | Before we get started,Barney, | 在开始前 Barney |
[16:52] | we’re going to need you on The Slapping Throne. | 我们要你坐在掌掴宝座上 |
[16:57] | Slap Bet Commissioner, surely tying me to a chair is a breach… | 掌掴裁判 把我绑椅子上是犯规行为… |
[17:00] | Yeah,yeah,yeah. Less yappin’,more slappin’. | 嗯嗯 少废话 多���� |
[17:03] | Ted,Robin. It’s two minutes until sundown. | Ted Robin 还有两分钟就天黑了 |
[17:05] | Have you guys decided which one of you | 你们决定由谁 |
[17:07] | is going to get to slap Barney right in his face? | ��Barney一大嘴巴了吗? |
[17:12] | It’s gonna be Ted. | 是Ted |
[17:13] | What? Why me? | 啥? 为啥我? |
[17:15] | Last year,you got left at the altar. | 去年 你的新娘逃婚 |
[17:18] | You lost your job. | 你又丢了工作 |
[17:20] | But you’ve come such a long way since then. | 但你都挺过来了 |
[17:23] | I’m so proud of you,Ted. | 我真为你骄傲 Ted |
[17:26] | You deserve to slap someone in his face as hard as you can. | 使劲��别人一大嘴巴是你该得的 |
[17:31] | – Thanks. – This is the worst. | – 谢谢 – 倒霉透了 |
[17:41] | Mama! | 妈妈! |
[17:42] | No,Robin. Look… | 不 Robin 听着 |
[17:44] | You just went through your own breakup,and… | 你刚从失恋的阴影里走出来… |
[17:46] | while I know you and Barney left it on good terms, | 我知道你和Barney关系还好 |
[17:48] | isn’t there some part of you,deep down, | 难道你内心深处不想 |
[17:52] | that wants to slap him right in his face? | ��他一大嘴巴吗? |
[17:55] | – There is. – I know there is. | – 想 – 我就知道 |
[17:57] | This is basically hell on Earth. | 真是人间炼狱 |
[18:03] | All right. You got this. | 好的 给你了 |
[18:08] | It hurts! | 好痛! |
[18:10] | No. I can’t do it. | 不 我办不到 |
[18:12] | I can’t take this from you,Ted. | 我不能从你那夺走 Ted |
[18:14] | – Nor I,you. – Oh,thank God. | – 我也是 – 谢天谢地 |
[18:17] | So,I’d like to make a gesture. | 我想做个决定 |
[18:19] | – Mickey? – Oh,no way! | – Mickey? – 不行! |
[18:22] | I’m glad you and Lily are trying to work things out. | 很高兴你和Lily能和好如初 |
[18:25] | So,to welcome you to our little family… | 为了欢迎你加入我们的小家庭 |
[18:29] | I’d like to offer you this slap. | 我想把��耳光的机会给你 |
[18:31] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:34] | Well,I feel a little weird. | 我觉得有点怪 |
[18:36] | I-I just met Barney, | 我和Barney萍水相逢 |
[18:37] | and I don’t have anything against the guy, | 又没啥过节 |
[18:39] | but how often do you get a chance | 然而你能有几次 |
[18:42] | to slap someone right in his face? | ��别人大嘴巴的机会? |
[18:50] | Soft! | 轻点! |
[18:53] | I’m sorry. I can’t do it. | 抱歉 我办不到 |
[18:54] | Oh,thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[18:56] | Lily… | Lily… |
[18:58] | I know I haven’t been much of a father to you. | 我知道自己这个爸爸并不称职 |
[18:59] | You are kidding me. | 你开什么国际玩笑 |
[19:02] | So for all the ballet recitals that I missed, | 作为所有我没能到场的 |
[19:05] | for all the art shows that I should’ve been at… | 芭蕾舞演出和文艺演出的补偿 |
[19:09] | …for the wedding gift that I never got a chance to give to you… | 还有一直没机会给你的结婚礼物 |
[19:13] | Princess… | 小公主 |
[19:14] | I give this slap to you. | 我把��耳光的机会给你 |
[19:18] | Oh,Daddy! | 爸爸! |
[19:20] | No. No,no,no,no. | 不不不 |
[19:22] | She is the Slap Bet Commissioner. | 她是掌掴裁判 |
[19:23] | She’s supposed to remain impartial! | 她该保持中立! |
[19:25] | Slap Bet Commissioner says it’s okay. | 掌掴裁判说行就行 |
[19:29] | This is not good. | 这可不妙 |
[19:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:32] | Please,please,please. Let me… Let me… | 拜托 拜托 让我…让我… |
[19:35] | Just close your eyes. It’ll be over soon. | 闭上眼睛 马上就好了 |
[19:39] | Running through a meadow. | 在大草原上奔跑 |
[19:41] | I can’t do it. Why can’t I do it? | 我办不到 为啥我办不到? |
[19:44] | Because this slap has done exactly what I hoped. | 因为这记耳光的目的已经达到 |
[19:50] | It’s brought us all closer together. | 它让我们更紧密 |
[19:51] | And it’s caused us to recognize | 它让我们明白 |
[19:54] | both the frailty and the greatness in ourselves and each other. | 彼此的脆弱和坚强 |
[20:00] | Oh,give me a break. | 让我消停会吧 |
[20:02] | And that is why… | 所以… |
[20:05] | there will be no slap today. | 今天不用��耳光 |
[20:11] | Oh,my God! | 我的天! |
[20:13] | This is the best Thanksgiving… | 这个感恩节太美好啦… |
[20:17] | That’s four! | 第四下! |
[20:19] | So,uh,turkey? | 火鸡呢? |
[20:27] | how i met your mother s05e09 |