时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Kids, I bought the house we live in now way back | 孩子们 我买咱家现在住的房子 |
[00:04] | before I ever met your mother. | 远在我遇到你们老妈之前 |
[00:05] | It needed a lot of work, but I have a vision for it. | 虽然要花大力气改造 但我已经胸有成竹了 |
[00:07] | Vintage rolltop desk here. | 这儿放个复古可盒盖书桌 |
[00:10] | I haven’t decided whether to put the fern | 我还没想好要把盆栽放在 |
[00:11] | on the right or the left side, | 左边还是右边 |
[00:13] | but you know, sometimes you just gotta wing it. Right? | 不过有时候随便摆摆也不错 对吧 |
[00:15] | Left side. | 放左边 |
[00:16] | Oh, and right outside, | 还有外面 |
[00:17] | I want to put up a basketball hoop for the kids. | 我想给孩子们装个篮球框 |
[00:20] | – Huh? – Ted. | -咋样 -泰德 |
[00:21] | This is your seduction lounge. | 这是你的诱奸客厅 |
[00:23] | Sex swing there, | 性爱秋千放那 |
[00:25] | vibrating Jell-O pit right there, | 震动果冻椅放旁边 |
[00:27] | rotating Vietnamese Shame Wheel right here. | 越南转动羞耻轮就放这 |
[00:30] | Don’t ask; you’re not ready. | 别问了 你消受不起 |
[00:31] | And that basketball hoop? | 至于那个篮球筐嘛 |
[00:34] | Outdoor stripper pole. | 换成室外脱衣钢管 |
[00:37] | We’ll just tell the ladies to be careful in the winter. | 就是得告诉姑娘们 冬天要小心点 |
[00:39] | You think a tongue stuck to a frozen pole is bad… | 舔钢管的时候粘上可不好 |
[00:42] | Hey. Barney, let’s go outside for a second. | 来 巴尼 咱出去待会儿 |
[00:46] | We have a confession. | 我们有话要说 |
[00:48] | This wasn’t really about seeing Ted’s house. | 来这儿不是看泰德的新房 |
[00:51] | It’s an intervention. | 是劝说大会 |
[00:53] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[00:54] | I’ll go first. | 我先来 |
[00:55] | Ted, this house you bought for your hypothetical family | 泰德 你买给你假想家人的这套房子 |
[00:57] | is super weird. | 超级诡异 |
[00:59] | We talk about it all the time behind your back. | 我们在背地里一直声讨这房子呢 |
[01:01] | Yeah. This intervention isn’t for me. | 那啥 这个大会不是为我开的 |
[01:02] | It’s for you. | 是为你 |
[01:04] | Why did Barney need an intervention? | 巴尼为什么需要劝说大会呢 |
[01:06] | It all started a few nights earlier. | 这要从前几晚说起 |
[01:08] | Barney, I can’t believe | 巴尼 我简直不敢相信 |
[01:09] | your giant TV is broken. It’s March Madness. | 你的大电视居然坏了 这可是疯狂三月啊 |
[01:11] | Okay, uh, I think I see what the problem is. | 好了 我想我知道是什么毛病了 |
[01:14] | Barney, can you grab me a screwdriver? | 巴尼 能递给我一把螺丝刀吗 |
[01:15] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[01:16] | Luis. Barney Stinson, 12 H. | 路易斯 我是12楼H的巴尼·斯丁森 |
[01:18] | I got a hundred bucks if you can be here in five. Thanks. | 五分钟内过来我给你一百美元 谢了 |
[01:20] | You call the super for a screwdriver? | 你打给管理员就为把螺丝刀吗 |
[01:23] | Yeah… here’s the thing about me and tools– | 对 工具这东西至于我吧 |
[01:25] | the only one I know how to use is attached to me, | 除了我肉体上这个 其余的我一概不知 |
[01:28] | and I am not going to try putting it in the TV. | 而且我不会试着把它塞进电视 |
[01:30] | Again. | 再也不会了 |
[01:32] | Okay, that’s ridiculous. | 好了 这太荒谬了 |
[01:34] | Everyone should know how to use tools. | 是人都应该会用工具 |
[01:37] | Well, here’s our screwdriver now. | 很好 螺丝刀来了 |
[01:45] | Guys, I’m pretty sure that’s not Luis, | 同志们 这货肯定不是路易斯 |
[01:47] | but I can’t be certain. | 但我不太确定 |
[01:49] | Someone introduce yourself. | 谁来跟他自我介绍一下 |
[01:51] | Barney, I… | 巴尼 我… |
[01:54] | I got your letter. | 我收到你的信了 |
[02:00] | Dad? | 爸 |
[02:17] | I can’t believe Barney is talking to his dad right now. | 真不敢相信 巴尼现在能跟他爸面对面聊天 |
[02:19] | Yeah, what do you say after three decades of not seeing each other? | 是啊 三十多年没见过 能聊点什么呢 |
[02:22] | “So, how ’bout those last 30 Super Bowls”? | 比如 “过去三十年的超级杯怎么样” |
[02:26] | Okay, now I feel bad | 现在我觉得自己 |
[02:27] | about making fun of him for the tool thing. | 嘲笑他不会用工具挺不厚道的 |
[02:29] | My dad was the one who taught me all that stuff. | 因为这是我爸教我的 |
[02:32] | Well, to be fair, everyone has some glaring gap in knowledge, | 说真的 大家都会在某些方面很小白 |
[02:34] | something really obvious you somehow never learned. | 有些看起来很简单的事情 你就是不会 |
[02:36] | Okay, but a screwdriver? | 好吧 但不会用螺丝刀也太夸张了 |
[02:38] | Come on, I don’t have any gaps that fundamental. | 拜托 我就不会在这么基本的东西上小白 |
[02:40] | Really? I seem to recall… | 真的吗 我好像记得 |
[02:43] | Daniel Burnham was an architect | 丹尼尔·伯纳姆是一位建筑工程师 |
[02:45] | whose ever-shifting style and aesthetic | 他的设计千变万化且美轮美奂 |
[02:47] | made him a true architectural Chamma-Leeon. | 堪称建筑界的变晒龙 |
[02:50] | And only the most gifted chamma-leeon | 然而 就算是最有天赋的变晒龙 |
[02:53] | could’ve designed classic beaux arts masterpieces | 也无法在整齐划一的现代钢铁建筑大环境下 |
[02:55] | right alongside sleek modern flatirons. | 设计出精致典雅的匠心之作 |
[02:59] | His name might as well have been | 我们大可称他为 |
[03:01] | Daniel Chamma-leeon. | 丹尼尔·变晒龙 |
[03:04] | Um, Professor? | 呃…教授 |
[03:06] | Uh, do you mean “Chameleon”? | 你是说”变色龙”吗 |
[03:10] | Betty, I’m pretty sure it’s pronounced “Chamma-leeon,” So… | 贝蒂 我肯定那个读音是”变晒龙” |
[03:18] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[03:20] | No homework. For a while. | 没作业 暂时没有 |
[03:22] | Okay, I learned that word by reading it. | 我学这个词的时候是边念边记 |
[03:24] | That’s how I’ve always pronounced it. | 所以导致我现在还总是读错音 |
[03:26] | Oh, Ted, that wasn’t easy. | 泰德 确实不易 |
[03:28] | It took a lot of “Ch-aracter” To admit that. | 要有”固气”的人才敢于承认 |
[03:30] | Okay, Scherbatsky. You want to tussle? | 好吧 施巴斯基 你非要跟我争吗 |
[03:32] | – I’ll tussle. – You want to tussle? | -对 -你确定 |
[03:33] | – Let’s tussle. – Marine biologist. | -开战吧 -海洋生物学家 |
[03:35] | Please, no. | 拜托 我投降 |
[03:37] | So this really sucks, but | 这事儿真的超不爽 |
[03:38] | I’m going to be in the North Pole for the next three months. | 但我接下来三个月都要呆在北极 |
[03:41] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[03:42] | The North Pole? | 北极 |
[03:44] | Okay, pal, if you want to break up with me, | 得了 兄弟 你要想踹了我 |
[03:46] | just tell it to me straight. | 直接说 一句话的事儿 |
[03:47] | Don’t pretend you’re going someplace | 别假装你要远行 |
[03:48] | we all know doesn’t exist. | 咱俩都心知肚明 这个地方并不存在 |
[03:50] | Um, I’m going to be studying the mating habits of… | 呃 我要去研究交尾习性 |
[03:52] | Of who? Santa’s elves? Rudolph? | 谁的 圣诞小精灵跟驯鹿吗 |
[03:55] | You know what? I’m going on a trip, too, Scott. | 斯考特 我也要去旅行 |
[03:57] | It, uh, starts in Narnia. | 从纳尼亚起程 |
[03:58] | It works its way up to Candyland, | 途径糖果乐园 |
[04:00] | and then, hey, congratulate me, | 然后 恭喜我吧 |
[04:02] | because I’m the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts. | 我成为霍格沃兹的聘用教授 专教黑魔法防御术 |
[04:05] | Expelliarmus! | 除你武器 |
[04:07] | Robin, the North Pole is a real place. | 罗宾 北极是个真实存在的地方 |
[04:10] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧 |
[04:13] | So… you want to get pizza later? Or… | 那个 你待会儿想吃比萨还是想 |
[04:16] | I think we should break up. | 我想我们还是分手吧 |
[04:18] | I still think about him in the shower. | 我洗澡时候还会想到他 |
[04:21] | Hey. Tell us everything. How’d it go, bud? | 嗨 跟我们说说 进展如何 |
[04:24] | Where do I begin? | 从何说起呢 |
[04:27] | – So, I’m not sure how to start this. – Yeah. | -我不知道该怎么开口 -是啊 |
[04:30] | I think I need a drink. | 我想我得先喝一杯 |
[04:32] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[04:33] | Glen McKenna, neat. | 格伦·麦凯纳 不加冰 |
[04:35] | Nice order. Up top. | 有品位 击下掌 |
[04:40] | Look, it’s been 30 years. | 听着 都三十年了 |
[04:43] | And now you just show up out of nowhere? | 你现在就突然这么出现 |
[04:46] | This is… this is going to take me a minute. | 这一下 可得容我好好缓缓 |
[04:49] | Yeah. I understand. | 好 我理解 |
[04:53] | By the way, hell of a tie. Is that Italian silk? | 顺便一说 领带不错 意大利真丝吗 |
[04:55] | I love you, Daddy. I’m so glad we’re best friends now. | 爸爸我爱你 真高兴我们成好朋友了 |
[05:00] | – Make a muscle. – There you go. | -给我秀个肌肉 -来 |
[05:03] | Guys, my dad’s awesome. | 各位 我老爸太棒了 |
[05:05] | He’s the mother of all fathers. | 他是世上所有父亲之母 |
[05:07] | Check this out. | 听听这段 |
[05:08] | Hey, back when I was a kid, you used to be a roadie. | 我还小的时候 你曾是乐队音响师 |
[05:10] | – Do you still do that? – Not anymore. | -你现在还是吗 -不了 |
[05:13] | Back in ’83 I’m lugging amps for The Stones through West Germany, | 83年我随滚石乐队去西德演出 |
[05:17] | and their tour manager loses his arms, | 他们的巡演经理抓住巴士车尾游车河 |
[05:19] | bus-surfing through a tunnel. | 结果在过隧道的时候失去双臂 |
[05:21] | Gnarly. | 真带种 |
[05:22] | Long story short, | 长话短说 |
[05:24] | I’ve been managing tours ever since, | 从那时起 我就成了巡演经理 |
[05:27] | and that dude high-fives people with his face now. | 而那家伙只能用脸跟大家击掌 |
[05:31] | You’re funny. | 你真风趣 |
[05:33] | My dad’s funny. | 我老爸好风趣 |
[05:35] | So, all these years, there’s this one question | 这么多年来 我一直有一个问题 |
[05:38] | I’ve been dying to ask him. | 想要问他 |
[05:40] | Why did you abandon me? | 你为什么抛弃我 |
[05:41] | Why’d you wait so long to contact me? | 你为什么这么久才跟我联系 |
[05:42] | You’ve hurt me before, why should I trust you now? | 你之前伤害了我 现在怎么让我相信你 |
[05:45] | Do you… | 你 |
[05:48] | get laid a lot? | 滥交吗 |
[05:50] | Big-time. | 无人能及 |
[05:54] | Observe. | 瞧好了 |
[06:15] | Oh, my God, that took you five seconds. | 我的天 这花了五秒钟 |
[06:18] | Oh, was it that long? | 有这么长吗 |
[06:20] | Life’s too short for chatty chicks. | 人生苦短 没空应付话痨妞 |
[06:24] | You’re a master. | 你是大师 |
[06:26] | You are legen– wait for it– | 你是传奇 等等 |
[06:29] | …daddy! | 老爸 |
[06:30] | Legendaddy! | 传奇老爸 |
[06:32] | The man is a god. | 这人简直是神 |
[06:33] | And he’s still out there, living the dream. | 他仍旧过着理想中的生活 |
[06:37] | So I’m going to Sydney tomorrow with Bon Jovi. | 我明天要跟邦乔维去悉尼 |
[06:39] | I’ll be on the road the rest of the year. | 今年我都将随队出行 |
[06:41] | Oh, that’s cool. | 太酷了 |
[06:42] | Say, you want to join me for the tour’s Asian leg? | 你想跟我一起参加亚洲巡演吗 |
[06:47] | This is going to be the second-most fun | 跟我在亚洲美腿上享受到的乐趣相比 |
[06:50] | I’ve ever had on an Asian leg. | 这次旅行排名第二 |
[06:53] | Barney, we-we know you’re psyched, | 巴尼 我们知道你很兴奋 |
[06:55] | but just… be careful. | 但是 当心点 |
[06:57] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[06:58] | Well, this guy has flaked out on your whole life. | 这个家伙从来没参与过你的人生 |
[07:01] | It sounds like he just might be | 听起来他似乎只挑 |
[07:02] | telling you what you want to hear. | 你想听的话来说 |
[07:03] | Barney, we just don’t want to see you get hurt. | 巴尼 我们只是不想看你受伤 |
[07:06] | First of all, Robin, my dad could beat up your dad. | 首先 罗宾 我爸可比你爸强多了 |
[07:10] | Second, | 其次 |
[07:11] | you don’t have to worry. | 你们不必担心 |
[07:13] | He’s cool. Now if you’ll excuse me… | 他很好 现在如果你们不介意 |
[07:15] | I have to go renew my passport, | 我得去重申我的护照 |
[07:18] | and get a travel-sized rotating Vietnamese Shame Wheel. | 还要去买个旅行版的越南转动羞耻轮 |
[07:21] | Don’t ask; you’re not ready. | 别问 你们消受不起 |
[07:25] | I hope Barney’s dad isn’t just | 我希望巴尼的爸爸 |
[07:26] | pretending to be something he’s not, you know? | 真像他说的那样 |
[07:28] | Yeah. That would make Jerry a real chamma-leeon. | 是啊 不然他可就真成了变晒龙了 |
[07:34] | You have gaps, too, Lily. | 你也有小白的时候 莉莉 |
[07:36] | You got nothing on me. | 你可抓不到我的把柄 |
[07:38] | Hey, Lily, can you toss me a beer? | 莉莉 扔瓶啤酒给我 |
[07:40] | Sure, honey. | 当然 宝贝 |
[07:44] | You have terrible aim. | 你瞄得一点也不准 |
[07:46] | That’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[07:48] | Lily, at our apartment, | 莉莉 在我们家 |
[07:50] | you’re the one who pees on the floor. | 不慎尿在地板上的人是你 |
[07:54] | Oh, my God. Barney’s dad. | 我的天 是巴尼的爸爸 |
[07:56] | Hey, uh, you’re Barney’s friends, right? | 嗨 你们是巴尼的朋友对吧 |
[07:58] | Yeah, but… aren’t you supposed to be off | 是啊 您不是应该出发 |
[08:01] | managing some tour in Australia? | 去澳洲巡演了吗 |
[08:03] | What? | 什么 |
[08:04] | No, I-I’m a driving instructor up in White Plains. | 不 我在白平原北部当驾驶教练 |
[08:08] | And I need your help– Barney won’t return my calls. | 我需要你们的帮助 巴尼不回我电话 |
[08:16] | What do you mean, Barney won’t return your calls? | 你说巴尼不回你电话 是什么意思 |
[08:18] | He said you two had an amazing night together. | 他说你们爷俩昨晚过得很开心 |
[08:20] | That’s not what happened. | 不是这样的 |
[08:23] | I’m not sure how to start this. | 我不知道该怎么开口 |
[08:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:26] | I think I need a drink. | 我想我得先喝一杯 |
[08:27] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:29] | Glen McKenna, neat. | 格兰麦肯纳 不加冰 |
[08:30] | Milk, skim. | 牛奶 脱脂的 |
[08:31] | Milk? | 牛奶 |
[08:33] | Oh, you’re taking it easy. Crazy night? | 你一定是需要缓一缓 昨晚太疯狂了吧 |
[08:36] | I’ll say. | 当然 |
[08:37] | Between you and me, | 就告诉你一个人 |
[08:38] | I had a lot of acid last night. | 我昨晚吃了很多酸性物质[也指迷幻药] |
[08:42] | I think it was the chili dog. | 我觉得是因为吃了辣热狗 |
[08:44] | I had to take four Tums. | 我不得不吃四片抗酸片 |
[08:46] | I was up till, like, 9:30. | 直到9点半才睡着 |
[08:52] | When I was a kid, you used to be a roadie. | 我还小的时候 你曾是乐队音响师 |
[08:54] | You still do that? | 你现在还是吗 |
[08:55] | No. I switched lanes years ago. | 不 我很多年前就换路线了 |
[09:01] | I should explain. I’m a driving instructor. | 我该解释一下 我现在是个驾驶教练 |
[09:04] | Now you get it, right? | 你现在明白了吗 |
[09:07] | Yeah, no, I get it. | 对 我懂了 |
[09:08] | Um, but when I was a kid, | 但我还小的时候 |
[09:10] | you… you were this total badass. | 你就是一个十足的坏蛋 |
[09:13] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[09:14] | I was a real hard partier. | 我是个派对狂人 |
[09:16] | Yeah, okay, now we’re getting to the good stuff. | 很好 现在我们终于有得聊了 |
[09:18] | The drugs, the alcohol, the women… | 嗑药 酒精 女人 |
[09:21] | Yes, yes, yes. | 没错 没错 没错 |
[09:22] | I was out of control. | 我放纵到失控 |
[09:23] | Out of control. | 彻底失控 |
[09:25] | So when your mom said I couldn’t see you any more, | 所以当你妈妈说 我不能再见你了 |
[09:28] | it was rock bottom for me. | 我的生活跌入了谷底 |
[09:32] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常抱歉 |
[09:35] | You ever bang Stevie Nicks? | 你上过史蒂夫·妮可丝吗[西方摇滚乐坛一位响当当的人物] |
[09:38] | Barney wasn’t interested in my apology. | 巴尼对我的道歉不感兴趣 |
[09:40] | He just wanted me to be cool. | 他只想让我装酷 |
[09:42] | And I was so desperate to connect with him, | 我急迫地想跟他父子相认 |
[09:46] | I did something I’m not proud of. | 所以做了些令自己不耻的事 |
[09:48] | I started bragging. | 我夸夸其谈了起来 |
[09:50] | I bet you didn’t know this about me, Barney, | 巴尼 我打赌你不知道这事 |
[09:52] | but I’ve published two nonfiction books about asparagus. | 但我出版了两本关于芦笋的非小说类文学作品 |
[09:57] | And one fiction. | 还有一本小说作品 |
[10:00] | I’m credited with inventing the word “furgling.” | 是我发明了”摸匙”这个词 |
[10:04] | It means fumbling for keys. | 意思是到处找钥匙 |
[10:07] | So then all the county fair judges started chanting, | 然后所有的县级法官们都欢呼了起来 |
[10:10] | “More quiche! More quiche!” | “再来点乳蛋饼 再来点乳蛋饼” |
[10:15] | I guess you could call me the LeBron James of drapes. | 你称我为皱纹版的勒布朗·詹姆斯[NBA队员] |
[10:21] | I could tell he just wanted me to be this big ladies’ man, | 我知道他希望我是个少妇杀手 |
[10:25] | so… | 所以 |
[10:28] | What a hottie, huh? | 小妞真辣 是吧 |
[10:31] | I’m sure you’re a real player. | 我敢肯定你是个行家 |
[10:33] | Big-time. | 无人能及 |
[10:36] | Observe. | 瞧好了 |
[10:47] | Excuse me, that’s my son over there. | 打扰一下 坐在那边的是我儿子 |
[10:50] | I’m trying to reconnect with him after 30 years. | 30年没见 我想和他联络一下感情 |
[10:53] | Would you just write down any seven numbers here, | 你能不能随便写个7个数字给我 |
[10:56] | so that I can impress him? | 这样他就能对我刮目相看了 |
[10:58] | Please, I’m desperate. | 求你了 我快没辙了 |
[11:03] | Oh, my God, you’re a natural. | 天啊 你是个天生的行家 |
[11:05] | Think of the pickup plays we can run as a father-son duo. | 考虑一下咱们父子档可以表演勾搭女人的戏码 |
[11:09] | There’s the “Father Knows Breast,” | 比如叫《老爸识胸器》 |
[11:10] | there’s the “Bush Dynasty,” | 或者《阴毛王朝》 |
[11:13] | the “Lick Father, Lick Son.” | 再或者《舔父亲子》 |
[11:15] | Oh, no, no. | 不行 不行 |
[11:16] | I couldn’t do that. | 我做不来 |
[11:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:18] | I have a family now. | 我现在是有家室的人 |
[11:19] | That’s my wife Cheryl | 这是我老婆谢丽尔 |
[11:22] | my daughter Carly– she’s in college. | 这是我女儿卡莉 她现在念大学 |
[11:24] | This is my son J.J. | 这是我儿子J.J |
[11:26] | I was hoping you could come over to dinner sometime | 我希望你可以过来吃顿饭 |
[11:28] | and meet them. | 见见他们 |
[11:29] | You’re all wearing matching sweaters. | 你们穿着亲子装 |
[11:30] | That’s cute. | 真不错 |
[11:32] | Look, I got to get going, Jerry. | 我要走了 杰里 |
[11:35] | But, uh, this was great. | 这很棒 |
[11:37] | Glad we did this. | 很高兴我们终于见面了 |
[11:42] | I made him wait all these years for me and… | 我让他等我等了这么多年 |
[11:45] | I’m just not the guy he wanted me to be. | 但我却不是他想像中的那个人 |
[11:49] | I know I don’t deserve it, but… | 我知道我不配 但是 |
[11:51] | I need another chance to connect with my son. | 我需要机会跟我的儿子联络感情 |
[11:56] | We think you should give him another chance. | 我们一致认为你应该再给他一次机会 |
[11:58] | That’s the real reason we’re out here. | 这才是来这的真正目的 |
[12:00] | He lives ten minutes away. | 他住的地方离这就10分的路程 |
[12:02] | What? | 什么 |
[12:04] | You’re having dinner with him tonight. | 你今晚要去和他一起吃饭 |
[12:06] | No, I most certainly am not. | 我很确定我是不会去的 |
[12:08] | Look, I met him. | 我们见过面了 |
[12:09] | He’s not my kind of bro and that’s that. | 我们大相径庭 于是分道扬镳 |
[12:11] | Are you sure it’s not more than that? | 你确定你的判断没有别的了吗 |
[12:13] | Guys, get it through your heads. | 同志们 接受现实吧 |
[12:14] | I am never gonna talk to my dad again. | 我永远不会再和我爸说话了 |
[12:18] | No, Barney. | 不 巴尼 |
[12:20] | I’m never gonna talk to my dad again. | 我才是永远不会和我爸说话了 |
[12:23] | But your dad is alive | 但你的爸爸还活着 |
[12:25] | and he lives just down the road. | 他就住在街尾 |
[12:31] | Fine, I’ll go. | 好吧 我去 |
[12:32] | Awesome. | 这就对了 |
[12:33] | Um, Lily, keys. | 莉莉 把钥匙拿来 |
[12:40] | I’m literally 11 inches from you. | 我就离你11英尺而已 |
[12:46] | And so Barney agreed to give his dad one more chance. | 于是巴尼同意再给他爸爸一次机会 |
[12:49] | Hello. You must be Barney. | 你好 你一定是巴尼吧 |
[12:52] | I’m Cheryl. | 我是谢丽尔 |
[12:53] | It’s just so nice to finally meet you. | 很高兴我们终于见面了 |
[12:55] | I love that suit. | 我喜欢你这身西装 |
[12:57] | Oh, thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[12:58] | And I love your… | 我喜欢你的 |
[13:03] | …coat. | 外套 |
[13:05] | I love your coat. | 我喜欢你的外套 |
[13:07] | Oh, that’s your coat, Barney. | 那是你的外套 巴尼 |
[13:09] | I just took it from you. | 我刚从你那儿拿来的 |
[13:10] | Well, I do love it. | 好吧 我的确很喜欢这外套 |
[13:12] | It’s doing a nice job covering up that chair. | 它在尽职地盖住那把椅子 |
[13:17] | Guess now we wait. | 我们现在等着就好了 |
[13:19] | Hey, I got an idea how to pass the time. | 我有个打发时间的办法 |
[13:21] | A little trivia game. | 来点休闲小游戏 |
[13:22] | Robin, reindeer: real or fake? | 罗宾 驯鹿是真的还是假的 |
[13:27] | Okay, I’m not an idiot. | 好了 我又不傻 |
[13:28] | Reindeer are obviously f… re… fake? | 驯鹿显然是 真 假的 |
[13:31] | Yikes! | 我就知道 |
[13:33] | I’m surrounded by a bunch of dum-dums. | 我整天被一群傻帽围绕着 |
[13:36] | Good thing I don’t have any gaps in my knowledge. | 还好我在任何方面上都不是小白 |
[13:41] | I am perfect. | 我真是太完美无瑕了 |
[13:44] | Oh, for the love of God, guys, enough already. | 看在上帝的份上 同志们 够了 |
[13:47] | What, baby? | 怎么了 小宝贝 |
[13:48] | You’ve been treating me with kid gloves | 自从我爸爸去世以后 |
[13:50] | ever since my dad died. | 你们就一直小心翼翼的呵护着我 |
[13:51] | That’s not true. | 才不是这样 |
[13:52] | – Robin, don’t disagree with Marshall.- I’m sorry. | -罗宾 别和马修唱反调 -我错了 |
[13:55] | I first noticed it at the bar. | 我是在酒吧那第一次注意到的 |
[13:57] | Hey, Lily, | 喂 莉莉 |
[13:58] | can you get me a mojito? | 你能不能帮我拿杯莫霍少司[鸡尾酒] |
[13:59] | Normally, you would’ve given me crap | 正常情况下 你会在接下来的一小时里 |
[14:01] | for an hour about a voice crack that pubescently girl-like, | 对我突然发出像青春期少女的破音进行批斗 |
[14:04] | but nothing. | 但却三缄其口 |
[14:05] | So then I started to test you guys. | 然后我就开始试探你们 |
[14:07] | The Phantom Menace is by far the best Star Wars movie. | 《魅影危机》是星球大战系列里最好的一部了 |
[14:13] | It ages well, that’s the thing. | 现在看还不觉得过时 是这样的 |
[14:16] | You guys like my new soul patch? | 你们喜欢我的小胡子吗 |
[14:19] | Righteous hair tab, brotha. | 简直是正义的毛发标签呀 兄弟 |
[14:23] | And once I figured it out, | 等我明白过来的时候 |
[14:24] | I started doing crazy stuff | 我就开始做些疯狂的事情 |
[14:26] | to see how far you’d let me go. | 来看看你们能容忍到什么地步 |
[14:28] | Hey, guys. | 嗨 伙计们 |
[14:30] | This is Rex. | 这是瑞克斯 |
[14:31] | He’s a possum. | 它是只负鼠 |
[14:34] | I found him in the trash. | 我在垃圾箱里找到它的 |
[14:37] | He lives with us now. | 它现在跟咱们一起住 |
[14:39] | I love him. | 我很喜欢他 |
[14:41] | Lily, we are living with a possum. | 莉莉 我们现在和一只负鼠住在一起 |
[14:45] | Rex is violent and he hates us. | 瑞克斯是暴力狂 而且他讨厌咱们 |
[14:48] | But, baby, you just lost your dad. | 但是亲爱的 你刚刚失去了父亲 |
[14:50] | None of us wants to upset you. | 我们谁都不想让你难过 |
[14:52] | Please. | 拜托 |
[14:53] | If you guys really want me | 要是你们真想让我 |
[14:54] | to get over the worst tragedy of my life, | 从我人生最大的悲剧里爬出来 |
[14:55] | I’m begging you, tear me a new one. | 求你们了 尽情折磨我让我得到重生吧 |
[14:58] | But not like Rex tried to in my sleep last night. | 但别学瑞克斯昨晚趁我睡觉的时候那样 |
[15:02] | J.J., dinner. | J.J 来吃晚餐了 |
[15:04] | When I got your letter, I dug this up. | 我收到你信的时候 我把这个翻出来了 |
[15:06] | You were probably too young to remember, | 你可能当时太小 不一定记得了 |
[15:08] | but this is you, this is me, and, of course, ZZ Top. | 这是你 这是我 还有ZZ Top[蓝调摇滚乐队] |
[15:13] | I do remember that. | 我还真记得这个 |
[15:14] | I climbed up on that dude’s lap | 我爬到那个家伙的膝盖上 |
[15:16] | and told him what I wanted for Christmas. | 告诉他我想要什么圣诞礼物 |
[15:19] | Yeah, I used to love taking you backstage. | 我以前最喜欢带你去后台了 |
[15:22] | You were the coolest little kid. | 你可是当时最酷的小孩 |
[15:27] | Hi, Barney. It’s great to finally meet you. | 你好 巴尼 很高兴我们终于见面了 |
[15:29] | J.J., I’m talking to Dad right now. God. | J.J 我跟爸爸说话呢 天啊 |
[15:33] | Seriously, | 说真的 |
[15:34] | it’s time. | 是时候了 |
[15:35] | What are my gaps? | 我小白在哪里 |
[15:37] | Well, I guess maybe one gap you have is… | 呃 或许你在某个方面是有点小白 |
[15:41] | you can’t wink. | 你不会眨眼 |
[15:42] | Don’t you think that maybe we should go home | 你不觉得我们现在应该回家 |
[15:46] | and, uh, “do the laundry”? | 好好”洗洗衣服”吗 |
[15:52] | You can’t swallow pills. | 你吞不下药片 |
[15:58] | Ooh, ooh, I got one. | 还有 我想起一个 |
[16:00] | You think John Kennedy and Jack Kennedy are the same person. | 你认为约翰·肯尼迪和杰克·肯尼迪是同一个人 |
[16:05] | Right? | 对吧 |
[16:07] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:09] | So, Barney, I understand | 巴尼 据我得知 |
[16:10] | you have a pretty big job with a bank. | 你在银行担任要职 |
[16:12] | Yeah, I do. | 的确 |
[16:13] | I make a ton of money. | 哥日进斗金 |
[16:15] | How much do you make, J.J.? | 弟 你呢 |
[16:17] | I’m 11. | 我才11岁 |
[16:19] | Oh, well, huh, now we all know you make excuses. | 好吧 现在我们都知道你没学会挣钱 |
[16:23] | I was talking about money. | 倒学会找借口了 |
[16:25] | Actually, J.J. has a job. | 其实J.J有份工作 |
[16:27] | Tell him, J.J. | 告诉他吧 |
[16:28] | I got a paper route. | 我帮人送报 |
[16:30] | Good time to get into print media. | 现在正是进入印刷媒体的好时机 |
[16:32] | Am I right, Dad? | 我说得对吧 爸爸 |
[16:33] | Good slam, Barney. | 好一记当头棒喝 巴尼 |
[16:34] | Jerry. | 杰里 |
[16:35] | It’s all good fun. | 这样多好玩呀 |
[16:37] | Just ribbing among long lost brothers. | 失散多年的兄弟 相互嘲笑 |
[16:39] | J.J.’s a heck of a basketball player. | J.J可是一位篮球运动员 |
[16:42] | Uh, you don’t strike me as the athletic type, Jayj. | 我感觉你不是运动型的 小白脸 |
[16:45] | Dad, check it. | 爸 看好咯 |
[16:54] | Triceps. | 哥可是有三头肌的人 |
[16:57] | What gym do you go to? | 你平时去哪个健身馆 |
[16:59] | Fourth period? | 第四课时去的那吗 |
[17:00] | Sounds like you’re having your fourth period. | 听起来你好像处于经期的第四天 |
[17:02] | Am I right, Dad?! | 我说得对吧 爸 |
[17:03] | Got him again. | 你又赢了 |
[17:04] | Jerry! | 杰里 |
[17:05] | Oh, okay, Barney. | 好了 巴尼 |
[17:07] | Uh, maybe that’s enough. | 到此为止吧 |
[17:08] | Why? J.J. started it. | 为什么 J.J先挑事的 |
[17:10] | What does J.J. even stand for anyway? | J.J到底代表哪门子缩写呀 |
[17:11] | J-Jerky… Jerkface? | 愚昧的小笨脸吗 |
[17:15] | J.J. stands for Jerome Jr. | J.J是代表小杰罗姆 |
[17:17] | Jerome Jr…? | 小杰罗姆 |
[17:25] | He’s-He’s named after you. | 他是以你命名的 |
[17:29] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[17:34] | I like having a brother. | 我喜欢有个哥哥 |
[17:38] | You always add too much water to oatmeal. | 你总是在麦片里放超多的水 |
[17:39] | Yes, I drown the son of a bitch. | 对 因为我要把这混蛋麦片淹死 |
[17:41] | You consistently miss at least one belt loop. | 你总是少扣一个布耳 |
[17:43] | It’s like I’m blind. | 就跟瞎子一样 |
[17:45] | You’re too old to ask to see the cockpit. | 你都一把年纪还想去参观飞机驾驶室 |
[17:49] | Guys, my dad just died. | 伙计们 我爸爸刚过世 |
[17:51] | Aw, honey. | 噢 亲爱的 |
[17:53] | No, I’m just kidding. | 不 我刚开玩笑的 |
[17:54] | This is great. | 这样很好 |
[17:55] | I really, I really missed this. | 我真的真的很想念这样 |
[18:01] | Barney, what is going on? | 巴尼 你这是干什么 |
[18:02] | This is mine. | 这是我的 |
[18:03] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[18:04] | J.J. gets a childhood, a dad, | J.J拥有一个完整童年 一位和蔼的父亲 |
[18:07] | a real family and a basketball hoop? | 一个真正的家庭 以及一个篮球框 |
[18:09] | No, no. I at least get the hoop. | 不行 至少要分我一个篮球框 |
[18:11] | I’m taking it with me. | 我要把它带走 |
[18:12] | Please, just come down and talk to me. | 拜托 下来跟我好好谈谈 |
[18:13] | Why? Why should I? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[18:14] | You’re lame, okay? | 你真差劲 行了吧 |
[18:16] | You’re just some lame suburban dad. | 你只是一个差劲的乡下老爸 |
[18:18] | Why does that make you so mad? | 那你为什么这么生气 |
[18:20] | Because if you were gonna be some lame suburban dad, | 因为如果你要做这么差劲的乡下老爸 |
[18:22] | why couldn’t you have been that for me?! | 为什么当初你不能为我这么做 |
[18:25] | Look, Barney, I know I screwed up… | 听着 巴尼 我知道我做错了 |
[18:29] | Oh, “screwed up” doesn’t even begin to describe… | “做错了”这三个字根本不能概括 |
[18:32] | I know, I know, I know! | 我懂 我懂 我懂 |
[18:35] | I want to fix this, | 我想弥补 |
[18:36] | and I don’t know how! | 却不知道该怎么做 |
[18:37] | Please, tell me what I can do! | 拜托 告诉我能做些什么 |
[18:38] | I’ll do anything! | 我什么都愿意去做 |
[18:56] | You’re never gonna get it down like that. | 你这样永远也弄不下来 |
[19:09] | Barney. Barney! | 巴尼 巴尼 |
[19:10] | Just put the pointy end into the grooves. | 把尖的那一头伸进螺丝槽里 |
[19:16] | That’s it. Now turn it. | 就这样 现在开始扭转 |
[19:18] | Righty tighty, | 右转拧紧 |
[19:20] | lefty loosey. | 左转拧开 |
[19:27] | I have no good excuse, Barney. | 巴尼 我没借口 |
[19:29] | It took me years | 我抛家弃子让你失望 |
[19:31] | before I was even able to look myself in the mirror | 这让我花了很多年的时间 |
[19:34] | for the way I let you down. | 才敢去直视镜子里面的自己 |
[19:36] | It took courage to send me that letter. | 给我写信需要很大的勇气 |
[19:40] | More courage than I’ve ever had. | 你比我勇敢多了 |
[19:43] | I owe you a lifetime of apologies, and I… | 我这一生亏欠了你 而我 |
[19:47] | I just have no idea where to begin. | 却不知道该从何补偿 |
[19:57] | Can you help me with this? | 你能帮我把这个拿下来吗 |
[20:03] | Here, got it. | 好了 拿住了 |
[20:10] | Look, if you… | 如果你 |
[20:12] | ever feel like you’re ready, | 觉得自己准备好了 |
[20:16] | I’d love nothing more than to be a part of your life. | 我非常愿意成为你生命中的一部分 |
[20:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:26] | * If it’s not too early * | * 如果不是为时尚早 * |
[20:30] | * I will come for you * | * 我会为你回来 * |
[20:35] | * If it’s not too early * | * 如果不是为时尚早 * |
[20:36] | Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it? | 你确定你不想谈谈吗 |
[20:38] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[20:39] | * I will come for you * | * 我会为你回来 * |
[20:41] | Hey, Ted. | 泰德 |
[20:43] | Yeah, buddy? | 怎么了 兄弟 |
[20:44] | You, uh, still want a basketball hoop out there? | 你还想在外面放个篮球框吗 |
[20:45] | * Just tell me that you are coming for me too * | * 告诉我 你也是为我而来 * |
[20:46] | Oh, well, I also really liked your outdoor stripper pole idea. | 我也很喜欢你那个室外脱衣钢管的主意 |
[20:50] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 对啊 这个主意不错 |
[20:52] | No, you were right. | 不 你说得对 |
[20:53] | * And I’ll come for you * | * 我会为你回来 * |
[20:57] | A kid needs a hoop. | 孩子的成长离不开篮框 |