时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Kids, in October 2011, | 孩子们 在2011年10月 |
[00:02] | your Aunt Robin was in therapy. | 你们的罗宾阿姨接受了心理治疗 |
[00:04] | And against all logic, it was actually going well. | 进展一反常态地顺利 |
[00:07] | But why? | 可这是为什么 |
[00:08] | Why-why am I constantly looking for reasons not to be happy? | 为什么我总找理由让自己不幸福 |
[00:12] | Maybe because the idea of finally being happy… | 也许是因为幸福圆满的大结局 |
[00:15] | terrifies you. | 反而让你畏惧 |
[00:17] | Bro, you are killing it today. | 哥们 你这话真是经典 |
[00:22] | We got something good here. | 确实很有疗效 |
[00:23] | We are totes gonna conquer my fear of abandonment! | 我绝对可以克服害怕被抛弃的心理了 |
[00:26] | I can’t see you anymore. | 我不能再见你了 |
[00:29] | Nice. | 说得好 |
[00:30] | “Oh, no! You’re abandoning me!” | “不会吧 你要抛弃我了” |
[00:33] | Oh, no. You’re abandoning me | 不会吧 你真要抛弃我了 |
[00:35] | I’m sorry. I’m moving to Alaska. | 对不起 我要搬到阿拉斯加去了 |
[00:38] | And that might have been the end of it. | 故事原本到这儿就结束了 |
[00:41] | But a week later… | 但一周后… |
[00:43] | Kevin?! | 凯文 |
[00:46] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[00:47] | Okay, look, I lied to you about moving to Alaska. | 其实 搬到阿拉斯加是骗你的 |
[00:51] | I-I had to stop seeing you. | 我必须得回避你 |
[00:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:55] | ‘Cause I think you’re cute. | 因为我觉得你很有爱 |
[00:56] | And ethically, I can’t be your therapist | 职业规定 如果我对你有感觉 |
[00:58] | if I’m attracted to you. | 就不能当你的心理医生了 |
[01:01] | Oh, I get it. You dump me as a patient | 我懂了 你抛弃我这个病人 |
[01:03] | just so you can ask me out? | 是为了好跟我约会 |
[01:05] | I’m not gonna ask you out. | 我不会跟你约会的 |
[01:06] | You’re not? | 你不会吗 |
[01:07] | No. We met in therapy. | 不行 我们是在治疗期间认识的 |
[01:10] | It’s inappropriate for me to date a patient. | 跟病人约会对我而言不合适 |
[01:13] | Anyway, it was nice seeing you. | 总之 很高兴见到你 |
[01:17] | Hey, wait. | 等等 |
[01:19] | How do you define “Date”? | 怎样才算”约会” |
[01:22] | Two people having a meal together, | 两个人一起吃饭 |
[01:24] | sitting across the table | 坐在一张餐桌的两端 |
[01:25] | making googly eyes at each other… | 对彼此眉来眼去 |
[01:27] | What about two people eating alone, sitting side by side, | 那如果是两个人单独吃饭 肩并肩坐着 |
[01:31] | making googly eyes at the coffee maker? | 对着咖啡机眉来眼去呢 |
[01:34] | Okay, it’s not a date. | 可以 那就不是约会 |
[01:37] | Exactly. Not a date. | 没错 不是约会 |
[01:39] | And so Robin and Kevin had breakfast alone, | 于是罗宾和凯文 在那周的每天早上 |
[01:42] | side by side every day that week. | 都肩并肩坐着 各自吃早餐 |
[01:47] | Until finally… | 直到后来… |
[01:55] | Sorry. No cabs. | 抱歉 拦不到出租车 |
[01:57] | Ran 40 blocks all the way here. | 我狂奔了40个街区过来的 |
[01:58] | May have knocked an old lady into the street, | 可能路上还撞到了一位老太太 |
[02:00] | don’t know, I didn’t look back. | 我也不清楚 我没空回头看 |
[02:01] | Let’s just go on a real date. | 我们来场真正的约会吧 |
[02:02] | Yeah, that might be a good idea. | 好 这个主意不错 |
[02:04] | Finally! | 湿材终于点燃爱火 |
[02:16] | 老爸老妈浪漫史 | |
[02:20] | Oh, I can’t wait to see that movie. | 我迫不及待要去看那部电影了 |
[02:23] | – Is it good? – Awesome. | -好看吗 -酷毙了 |
[02:24] | Wait, totally hypothetically, | 等等 打个比方 |
[02:25] | do you like movies with a shocking twist | 你会喜欢那种颠覆性结局 |
[02:27] | where all the main characters die at the end? | 最后主角全都死光光的电影吗 |
[02:29] | – Yes. – You will love this movie. | -喜欢 -那你会爱死这部电影的 |
[02:31] | – Hey, guys.- Hey, Marshall.What’s up? | -嗨 大伙 -嗨 马修 怎么了 |
[02:33] | Well, I’ll tell you what’s up. | 我告诉你们怎么了 |
[02:34] | You know how my boss, Garrison Cootes, | 你们都知道 我的老板加里森・库兹 |
[02:37] | is,like, the most famous environmental lawyer in the world? | 那个全世界最著名的环境律师吧 |
[02:41] | Yeah… | 是…吧 |
[02:43] | I mean, it’s him or the other guy. | 我是说 除了他可能还有别人 |
[02:45] | – Sir Anthony Howel? – Yeah… | -安东尼・霍威尔先生吗 –是…吧 |
[02:49] | Anyway, he’s an important guy, okay? | 反正他也是个大人物 好吗 |
[02:50] | And so today at work, | 所以今天上班的时候 |
[02:52] | I was trying to show him that I’m tough. | 我试图在他面前表现强硬 |
[02:55] | I’ve been thinking about this settlement offer | 我最近都在琢磨格鲁伯药业公司 |
[02:58] | we’re about to get from Gruber Pharmaceuticals. | 开给我们的和解报价会有多少 |
[03:00] | If it’s anything less than $20 million, | 如果少于两千万 |
[03:02] | then I’m gonna grab those corporate Earth rapists by their… | 我会揪住这些公司的地球强奸犯… |
[03:05] | Okay, I’m just gonna say something. | 好了 我要打断一下 |
[03:07] | I’m growing a child in my belly, | 我现在肚子里怀着孩子 |
[03:09] | a child that just developed ears. | 孩子刚刚长出耳朵 |
[03:12] | This is a very thin sweater. | 这是件很薄的毛衣 |
[03:13] | So please, if you must tell your story… | 所以如果你非要说这事 |
[03:15] | just make it cheerful. | 麻烦注意用词 |
[03:17] | Cheerful. | 注意用词 |
[03:20] | 马修原文猜测如下 | |
[03:20] | Okay…Then I’m gonna grab those corporate… | 好吧 那我会揪住这些公司的… |
[03:22] | I’m gonna grab those corporate Earth rapists | 我要揪住那些地球强奸犯 |
[03:23] | employees… | 员工们 |
[03:24] | by their sweaty, dangling… | 抓住他们出汗摇摆的… |
[03:24] | by their sweaty, dangling Balls. | 把潮了吧唧吊在裤裆里的蛋蛋 |
[03:26] | hands… | 双手 |
[03:28] | and squeeze until those greedy sons of… | 用力挤压 直到这些贪婪的… |
[03:28] | and squeeze until those greedy sons of bitches | 用力蹂躏 直到那帮贪婪的孙子 |
[03:30] | parents… | 父母养的 |
[03:31] | realize that I’m the baddest mother… | 意识到我是这世上最勇猛的… |
[03:31] | realize that I’m the baddest mother fucker. | 意识到我才是地球上最坏的混蛋 |
[03:32] | nature lover around. | 热爱自然的小愤青 |
[03:35] | It’s like watching The Breakfast Club on TBS. | 这就像是在看TBS台的《早餐俱乐部》 |
[03:35] | 美国电视频道TBS 会把脏话消音掉或剪辑掉 | |
[03:38] | So what did he say? | 那他怎么说 |
[03:40] | Marshall, bend down so I can put my arm around you. | 马修 弯下腰来 我好搂着你的肩说话 |
[03:44] | That’s all the way down. That’s good. | 这个高度差不多了 很好 |
[03:47] | Gruber Pharmaceuticals is a company full | 格鲁伯药业公司的员工 |
[03:49] | of well-meaning people doing their jobs, | 都是一群尽职尽责的善良的人们 |
[03:51] | just like you and me. | 就像你我一样 |
[03:52] | Guys, I’m afraid that Garrison Cootes has gone soft! | 各位 恐怕加里森・库兹变软弱了 |
[03:55] | He’s like a teddy bear! | 他就像是只泰迪熊 |
[03:58] | A teddy bear or an Ewok? | 是像泰迪熊 还是伊渥克熊 |
[03:58] | Ewoks是《星际大战6 绝地归来》里帮助叛军击退帝国守军的毛怪 | |
[04:00] | You know, cute and cuddly around the village, | 平日在村子里可爱惹人怜 |
[04:02] | but once the battle starts… | 但一旦战争打响 |
[04:04] | He’ll smash in your metal skull | 他会挥舞着巨大的木槌 |
[04:06] | with giant swinging logs. | 击碎你的金盔铁甲 |
[04:07] | Marshall! | 马修 |
[04:08] | Okay, he’ll hug you | 好吧 他会一直抱着你 |
[04:10] | until you agree to peaceably shut down the Death Star. | 直到你同意和平关闭死星 |
[04:12] | Hi, sweetie. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[04:15] | What are we all talking about? | 你们在说些什么呢 |
[04:16] | Ewoks. | 伊渥克熊 |
[04:17] | Ugh, I hate the Ewoks. | 我讨厌那种熊 |
[04:19] | The only good thing about Ewoks in that movie? | 知道伊渥克熊在那部电影里 唯一的看点是什么吗 |
[04:21] | You got to see some of them die. | 就是其中几只死翘翘了 |
[04:24] | Well, I fancy a pint. | 我想来杯扎啤 |
[04:27] | Nora hates Ewoks. | 诺拉讨厌伊渥克熊 |
[04:29] | Well, I have to break up with her. | 我必须跟她分手 |
[04:31] | Be gentle when you tell her, guys. | 各位 你们告诉她的时候婉转点 |
[04:32] | I’ll call you from Vegas. | 我到了维加斯再联系你们 |
[04:34] | Tell me how it went. Okay. | 告诉我情况如何 闪了 |
[04:35] | Okay, Barney! | 够了 巴尼 |
[04:36] | Sit down! | 乖乖坐下 |
[04:38] | Not liking Ewoks | 不喜欢伊渥克族 |
[04:39] | is no reason not to date somebody. | 不是什么分手的理由 |
[04:41] | Yeah, I mean, | 没错 我是说 |
[04:42] | who knows what the rules are, ya know? | 谁会乖乖遵守准则呀 对吧 |
[04:44] | I mean, you’re dating a girl who doesn’t like Ewoks, | 你跟一个不喜欢伊渥克族的女孩约会 |
[04:46] | I’m dating my former therapist. | 我跟我的前任心理医生约会 |
[04:49] | We are gentlemen of Harvard! | 这太有失身份了 |
[04:51] | – It’s not a big deal! – Robin, | -这没什么大不了的 -罗宾 |
[04:52] | if you asked a hundred people, | 如果你去问一百个人 |
[04:54] | “Who’s the worst person you could possibly date?” | “最不该约会的对象是谁” |
[04:56] | They’d all say, “Your therapist.” | 他们都会说 “你的心理医师” |
[04:58] | Except the ones saying “Barney.” | 当然也会有人说是”巴尼” |
[05:00] | Yeah, that tracks | 说得也有道理 |
[05:02] | Well, I should get going. | 我得走了 |
[05:03] | I got the big field trip tomorrow. | 明天我要带学生去实地勘察 |
[05:05] | Field trip? | 实地勘察吗 |
[05:06] | Yeah. I’m taking my Intro to Architecture class | 是的 我要到巨人银行大楼的建筑工地 |
[05:08] | to the GNB Tower construction site. | 实地上我的建筑入门课 |
[05:10] | I’m trying to get them interested | 我试图让他们对 |
[05:11] | in architecture as a career. | 建筑师这个职业产生兴趣 |
[05:13] | Why? Are we running out of buildings? | 为什么 难道我们这没别的大楼了吗 |
[05:15] | Are we running out of boring people? | 还是没有比他们更无聊的人了 |
[05:17] | Guys, this is a big deal, okay? | 各位 这可是件大事 好不好 |
[05:19] | If I can get just one kid interested in | 哪怕我只让一个学生 |
[05:21] | becoming an architect… | 燃起当建筑师的兴趣 |
[05:21] | Okay, I’m just gonna stop you right there. | 好吧 我要打断你下 |
[05:23] | Ted, it’s an Intro class. | 泰德 这只是个入门课 |
[05:26] | Yeah, don’t try to Stand and Deliver an Intro class. | 是啊 别指望在一个入门课上演《为人师表》的戏码 |
[05:29] | Stand and Deliver 根据真人真事改编 表彰优良教师的动人电影 | |
[05:29] | Nobody takes an Intro class to get on any other path | 没人会因为要寻求人生方向去上入门课 |
[05:32] | but the path to not being hungover anymore. | 除了寻求解决宿醉的良方 |
[05:35] | I learned that in my Intro to something-ology class. | 我就在某某学入门课上学到这个 |
[05:39] | Well that’s fine for something-ology, | 对于某某学来说无所谓 |
[05:41] | but tomorrow at 9:00 a.M. Sharp | 但明早九点整 |
[05:44] | Intro to Architecture is going on a field trip! | 建筑学入门课就要实地勘察了 |
[05:47] | All 200 of ’em. | 全班两百人都会到齐哦 |
[05:48] | Well, it’s 9:45. | 现在是9点45分 |
[05:49] | I guess the other 170 of you got lost, | 我猜 另外170人应该是迷路了吧 |
[05:52] | so we’ll just start. | 那我们就开始吧 |
[05:54] | Now, some might say you guys are just taking this class | 有人可能会说 你们选这门课 |
[05:56] | because it’s easy | 是因为简单 |
[05:58] | or because you’ve confused architecture with archaeology | 又或是你们把建筑学误以为是考古学 |
[06:01] | and think we’re gonna do some cool Indiana Jones stuff today. | 以为我们今天会像《夺宝奇兵》一样去探险 |
[06:04] | But I think that… | 但我觉得 |
[06:08] | I think just maybe, | 我觉得或许 |
[06:10] | we got some future architects in the house. | 我们当中会有人成为未来的建筑师 |
[06:12] | Show of hands: who’s thinking about a career | 你们谁以后想当建筑师呢 |
[06:15] | in architecture? | 举个手 |
[06:19] | Well, today, all that’s gonna change. | 好吧 今天 形势将会逆转 |
[06:22] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[06:25] | Hey. Uh, sorry, | 对不起 |
[06:27] | nobody gets in here without a site pass. | 没有通行证不能入场 |
[06:29] | It’s okay, I’m Ted Mosby, | 没事 我是泰德・莫斯比 |
[06:31] | the architect of this building. | 这栋楼的建筑师 |
[06:32] | I don’t care if you’re the archaeologist of this building. | 我不管你是不是这栋楼的考古学家 |
[06:35] | Site’s closed. | 此处禁止参观 |
[06:42] | Moving on! | 撤 |
[06:45] | That morning, Marshall’s firm | 那天早上 格鲁伯药业公司 |
[06:47] | was getting the settlement offer from Gruber Pharmaceicals, | 将开出一个和解报价给马修的事务所 |
[06:49] | and Marshall couldn’t wait to see the teddy bear turn into an Ewok. | 马修迫切想看到泰迪熊变身成伊渥克熊 |
[06:53] | Gruber Pharmaceuticals dumped toxic waste into Frog Creek, | 格鲁伯药业公司把有毒物质倒进青蛙溪 |
[06:57] | a tributary of the Trout River that feeds into Clearwater Lake. | 这是鳟鱼河的一条支流 会流入清水湖 |
[07:00] | All three which now need new names. | 现在这个三个地方 因为污染都要改名了 |
[07:04] | So it’s time to win one for Mother Earth. | 是时候为地球母亲打一场胜战 |
[07:09] | Let’s take out the trash, shall we?! | 让我们把那些垃圾干掉 好吗 |
[07:11] | – Yes! – All right, everyone grab a bag. | -好 -好的 每个人拿一个袋子 |
[07:14] | Blue is recycling, green, compost. | 蓝色是可循环 绿色是混合垃圾 |
[07:15] | There we go. | 出发 |
[07:19] | Sheila… | 希拉 |
[07:21] | we’re ready to hear your offer. | 说说你们的报价吧 |
[07:32] | $24,000? | 24,000美元 |
[07:41] | Yeah , that seems reasonable. | 还不错 挺合理的 |
[07:47] | Kids, I was wandering the city | 孩子们 在我带着25个建筑入门班的学生 |
[07:49] | with 25 Intro to Architecture students | 在这座城市里闲逛时 |
[07:51] | when your Uncle Barney came to my rescue. | 巴尼叔叔救了我一把 |
[07:53] | Okay, guys, seeing a building get built, not that exciting. | 各位 目睹一栋楼的建成 并没那么激动人心 |
[07:57] | What’s really exciting is the financial side of… | 真正令人激动的是财务状况 |
[07:59] | Sit down, Ted, I got this. | 坐下 泰德 交给我吧 |
[08:00] | Hey, Weird Beard, lights! | 嘿 怪胡子 关灯 |
[08:04] | College… it’s a confusing time. | 大学 是个令人迷茫的时期 |
[08:06] | Oh, no. | 完了 |
[08:07] | Studies show that 83% of all college students | 研究表明 83%的大学生 |
[08:12] | desperately need… | 迫切地需要 |
[08:14] | sex lessons! | 性教育课程 |
[08:15] | Lights! | 开灯 |
[08:16] | Barney, these are 18-year-olds! | 巴尼 他们是青涩纯情的18岁 |
[08:19] | Ted, these are 18-year-olds! | 泰德 他们是蠢蠢欲动的18岁 |
[08:23] | You have a girlfriend. | 你已经有女朋友了 |
[08:24] | But she doesn’t like Ewoks! | 但她不喜欢伊渥克熊 |
[08:26] | – So what? – So what?! | -那又怎样 -那又怎样 |
[08:28] | Bieber, lights! | 贾斯汀・比伯[发型像] 关灯 |
[08:32] | In 1983, George Lucas introduced the world to the Ewoks, | 1983年 乔治・卢卡斯把伊渥克熊带给了全世界 |
[08:37] | a race of creatures indigenous to the second moon of Endor. | 是恩多第二颗卫星上的一个生物种族 |
[08:41] | Now, the Ewoks have a rich back-story | 电影里没有详细介绍 |
[08:43] | that the movie didn’t really go into. | 伊渥克熊的背景 |
[08:44] | Barney, why don’t you just skip | 巴尼 要不你直接跳到 |
[08:45] | to the part about you and Nora? | 你和诺拉的那一段吧 |
[08:48] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:59] | Ah, yes. | 对了 |
[09:00] | Ultimately, Ewoks split Star Wars fandom into two camps: | 最终 伊渥克熊把星球大战的影迷分为两类 |
[09:04] | those born before, and those born after May 25, 1973: | 在此之前出生的 以及1973年5月25号之后出生的 |
[09:09] | the Ewok Line. | 伊渥克熊分界线 |
[09:12] | Anyone born on this side of the Ewok Line was | 在伊渥克熊分界线左侧出生的人 |
[09:15] | at least ten years old when Jedi came out, | 至少绝地武士大10岁 |
[09:18] | and thus too old for something so cloying and cute. | 所以已经老到不喜欢那种甜腻可爱的东西 |
[09:22] | Anyone born on this side | 而出生在这半边的人 |
[09:25] | loved the Ewoks because, why? | 都喜欢伊渥克熊 为什么呢 |
[09:30] | They reminded you of… | 因为它们会让你想起 |
[09:32] | Our teddies? | 泰迪熊吗 |
[09:33] | They remded you of your teddies. | 它们会让你想起泰迪熊 |
[09:36] | Thank you, Gina. | 谢谢你 吉娜 |
[09:38] | How do you know her name? | 你怎么知道她的名字 |
[09:39] | And so… by the immutable laws of the Ewok Line, | 所以 根据伊渥克熊分界线的不二定律 |
[09:43] | my 29-year-old girlfriend who hates Ewoks | 我29岁的女朋友讨厌伊渥克熊 |
[09:48] | must in fact be no younger than… 37. | 那她肯定至少得有 37岁了 |
[09:54] | That’s only a year younger than Will’s mom. | 只比威尔的妈妈小一岁 |
[09:56] | How do you know my mom? Class dismissed! | 你怎么知道我妈的名字 下课 |
[09:58] | I need to be alone. | 我要一个人静一静 |
[10:00] | All right, we’re moving on. | 好吧 我们撤 |
[10:01] | Ooh, can I come? | 我能跟着吗 |
[10:04] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[10:04] | Hey, I just want to remind you we have Dr. Sonya at 4:00. | 提醒你一声 我们4点约了桑娅医生 |
[10:08] | I’ll be there. I’m sorry. | 我会去的 抱歉 |
[10:10] | I’m just… I’m bummed. | 我现在很郁闷 |
[10:11] | We got our settlement offer today: | 我们今天拿到和解金了 |
[10:13] | $24,000 from a billion-dollar company. | 一个10亿美元的大公司只给我们2万4千美元 |
[10:17] | Wow. I take it people aren’t happy about that. | 哇 那你公司的人肯定很不开心 |
[10:19] | We won! Champagne and cake for everybody! | 我们赢了 大家来喝香槟吃蛋糕吧 |
[10:22] | They’re celebrating. | 他们在庆祝 |
[10:23] | I mean, it’s crazy. | 我是说 这太离谱了 |
[10:25] | We have no right to be eating cake. | 我们根本不配吃蛋糕 |
[10:27] | There’s cake?! I’m on my way! | 你那儿有蛋糕 我马上到 |
[10:30] | Meanwhile, the worst field trip of all time was still trucking. | 与此同时 史上最烂的实地勘察仍在进行 |
[10:33] | All right, this, this is exciting, okay? | 好了 这同样激动人心 是吧 |
[10:36] | This is the very room | 我就在这个房间 |
[10:37] | where I had the idea for the GNB Tower. | 设计出巨人国家银行的大楼 |
[10:40] | Now, Webster’s defines “Inspiration” As… | 韦伯字典对“灵感”的定义是 |
[10:43] | Hold on. It’s still loading. | 等下 页面还在缓冲 |
[10:45] | Uh, hey, roomie. | 嘿 室友 |
[10:47] | Robin! Hey, what are you doing here? | 罗宾 你在这儿干嘛 |
[10:49] | Well, I was about to get my swerve on. | 我正入”佳境”呢 |
[10:52] | You were? | 是吗 |
[10:53] | So you’re the therapist. | 你就是那个心理医生 |
[10:57] | You know, it’s one thing to pretend to be a shrink | 假扮心理医生 |
[10:59] | and bang your patients. That’s normal. | 伺机和病人上床 这样很正常 |
[11:01] | But to do it for real? | 但如果真是医生与病人的关系 |
[11:03] | A little creepy, bro. | 就有点别扭了 兄弟 |
[11:05] | Okay, it’s not creepy. | 够了 这有什么好别扭的 |
[11:06] | Ehhhh… it’s creepy. | 是…够别扭的 |
[11:09] | Class, show of hands: | 同学们 举手表决 |
[11:11] | Who thinks it’s creepy to date your therapist? | 有谁觉得和自己的心理医生约会很别扭 |
[11:13] | – Pollstered. – Get out! | -压倒性胜利 -滚出去 |
[11:15] | All right. We’re moving on! | 好吧 我们撤 |
[11:17] | So, class, to your left, | 同学们 在左侧 |
[11:18] | you will see some excellent examples of | 你们会看到一些设计精美的 |
[11:21] | what we’d call windows. | 窗户样本 |
[11:26] | So where are we going now? | 我们现在要去哪里 |
[11:26] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[11:27] | This is a disaster. | 这就是场灾难 |
[11:28] | Some of them are already starting to go home. | 有些人已经想回家了 |
[11:31] | Although we seem to have picked up a German family. | 即使无意间多了个来旅游的德国家庭 |
[11:34] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[11:36] | That thing with Robin and her creepy therapist | 罗宾和她的心理医生约会的事 |
[11:38] | gave me an idea. | 让我灵光一现 |
[11:39] | Ted, we have here a way to solve | 泰德 我们可以一次性解决 |
[11:41] | every single debate we’ve ever had! | 我们以前所有的争论 |
[11:44] | I mean, just look at the sample: | 看看这些样本 |
[11:46] | guys, girls, blacks, Asians, a German family. | 男人 女人 黑人 亚洲人 德国人 |
[11:49] | You can’t pay for that kind of focus group! | 哪里去找这么有代表性的集体 |
[11:52] | Is macaroni salad really a salad? | 通心粉沙拉真的是一种沙拉吗 |
[11:54] | Hands up if you say “No.” | 不同意的请举手 |
[11:58] | Jacob or Edward? | 雅各布还是爱德华 |
[11:59] | Who says Edward? | 谁同意爱德华 |
[12:00] | Ha, ha. See? I told you. | 看到没 我都说了 |
[12:01] | It’s Edward James Olmos. | 是爱德华・詹姆斯・欧莫斯 |
[12:01] | Edward James Olmos 美国著名导演兼演员 | |
[12:04] | Would you rather have sex with a dead human being | 你是愿意和死人做爱 |
[12:08] | – or a live an…? – Dude. | -还是和活人 -老兄 |
[12:11] | – What? – Find the line. | -怎么了 -你有没有底线啊 |
[12:12] | Who thinks David Hasselhoff is awesome? | 大卫・哈塞尔霍夫是不是很优秀 |
[12:12] | 美国著名的电影电视演员及歌手 代表作《霹雳游侠》 | |
[12:16] | Hmm. It’s true. | 看来是真的 |
[12:18] | Okay. I’ve got one. If you’re dating a girl, | 我想到一个 如果你在和一个女孩子约会 |
[12:19] | and she lies about her age, | 她谎报了年龄 |
[12:20] | who says break up with her? | 你们会和她分手吗 |
[12:22] | Yes, yes, but what if the person she’s lying to | 对对 但是如果她撒谎的对象 |
[12:25] | is notoriously shallow about age? | 是一个出了名地在乎年龄的人呢 |
[12:27] | Okay, but what if early in our relationship, | 但是如果在刚开始谈恋爱的时候 |
[12:29] | she made a really big deal | 她就郑重说过 |
[12:30] | about wanting to not lie to each other? | 不能对对方撒谎 |
[12:33] | What if she’s hot? | 如果她很性感呢 |
[12:35] | Who wants five bucks? | 谁想要五块钱 |
[12:37] | Pollstered! | 压倒性胜利 |
[12:39] | Let’s do this. | 我们开始吧 |
[12:49] | Okay, this is creepy. | 算了吧 太别扭了 |
[12:50] | It’s Crispin Glover creepy. | 跟克里斯平・格洛弗一样别扭 |
[12:50] | Crispin Glover 美国演员 在电影中常常扮演性格怪僻的人 | |
[12:52] | You were my patient. | 你是我的病人 |
[12:53] | You shared intimate stuff. | 你向我敞开心扉 |
[12:54] | It would be like dating your gynecologist. | 这好像和你的妇科医生约会一样 |
[12:57] | You were vulnerable. | 你当时很脆弱 |
[12:59] | That’s not something we can move past. | 我们不能当作没事发生 |
[13:02] | Guess not. | 那倒是 |
[13:05] | So, dating your gyno, that’s bad, too? | 和自己的妇科医生约会 也不好吗 |
[13:07] | Oh, Robin. | 罗宾 |
[13:08] | Kidding! | 开个玩笑嘛 |
[13:10] | Look, we’ve got another one! | 看 又一个蛋糕 |
[13:14] | Come on, have a bite. | 来 吃一口嘛 |
[13:15] | No, it’s a matter of principle. | 不吃 这是原则问题 |
[13:17] | I don’t care how good it is, | 不管这蛋糕有多好吃 |
[13:18] | I’m not gonna have a third piece of cake! | 我绝对不会再吃第三块了 |
[13:21] | Okay, guys, you all had a lot of fun today, | 朋友们 你们今天玩得都很尽兴 |
[13:24] | but now it’s time… to have even more fun! | 现在 为了让大家更尽兴 |
[13:27] | Another cake! | 再来一个蛋糕 |
[13:29] | Another cake?! | 又来一个 |
[13:31] | What is the matter with you people?! | 你们都怎么了 |
[13:33] | That settlement today was a flaming pile of…[shit] | 今天我们接受的和解金就是一堆灼热的[狗屎] |
[13:38] | puppies… | 小狗狗 |
[13:39] | that aren’t on fire! | 没有着火 只是发烧 |
[13:41] | Look at what’s happening to the environment, | 睁大眼看看 环境都成什么样了 |
[13:43] | and we’re here doing the limbo? | 我们却在这里玩游戏 |
[13:43] | limbo stick把杠子越放越低 要弯下身子探过去的游戏 | |
[13:45] | I mean, we should be ashamed of ourselves! | 我们真该为自己感到耻辱 |
[13:56] | Sir, all I meant was… | 先生 我的意思是… |
[13:59] | Ten years from right now, | 十年之后 |
[14:02] | everyone outside in that bullpen will be dead. | 外面房间里的人都会死去 |
[14:05] | What? | 什么 |
[14:06] | I’ve seen the latest research, Marsh. | 马修 我看了最近的研究 |
[14:08] | You know how I’m always saying | 我一直都在强调 |
[14:09] | it’s not too late to save the planet? | 拯救地球为时未晚 |
[14:11] | It’s too late to save the planet. | 其实已经晚了 |
[14:15] | There’s nothing to do but sit back | 我们无能为力 |
[14:17] | and await our inevitable doom. | 只能等待末日到来 |
[14:22] | Oh, my goodness, a Pinata | 天啊 彩饰陶罐 |
[14:22] | 墨西哥人过圣诞节或生日将玩具糖果等礼物盛在此种罐内 | |
[14:23] | 再悬于天花板上 由蒙住眼的儿童用棒击破 | |
[14:23] | Just give me one minute, Larry. Thank you. | 拉里 再给我一分钟 谢谢 |
[14:26] | Our grotesque, inevitable doom! | 荒谬却又躲不掉的末日 |
[14:31] | Now, of course, you can’t go around telling all the people | 当然你现在不能告诉大家 |
[14:33] | that the good ship Environmentalism has sailed off into the sunset. | 环境保护主义已是日薄西山 |
[14:37] | There would cause a panic. | 那会引起恐慌 |
[14:39] | So, instead, what we do is, | 相反 我们要做的 |
[14:40] | we come to work, we put on a happy face, | 上班的时候 保持微笑 |
[14:43] | and we sue the big guys | 趁太阳的辐射还没把我们烤干 |
[14:44] | for just enough money for some cake | 趁海水没有把我们淹没 |
[14:47] | before the unfiltered rays of the sun fry us like chalupas, | 我们就告告大公司的状 |
[14:52] | and our lungs fill up with salt water, | 捞点钱吃点蛋糕吧 |
[14:55] | and we all die! | 反正最后都是一死 |
[14:57] | Mmm. This cake is delicious. Everything’s fine. | 蛋糕很好吃 世界很美好 |
[15:04] | Ugh, this day sucks. | 今天太糟糕了 |
[15:06] | Kevin and I are kaputski. | 凯文和我拜拜了 |
[15:08] | You think that’s bad? | 这也叫糟吗 |
[15:10] | The world is coming to an end. | 世界末日就快来临了 |
[15:12] | You think that’s bad? | 那也叫糟吗 |
[15:14] | My girlfriend is 37! | 我的女朋友37岁了 |
[15:18] | And my field trip is not going as well as I’d hoped. | 我的实地勘测之旅不如我预期中好 |
[15:23] | This day sucks. | 今天太糟糕了 |
[15:25] | Professor Mosby, is the field trip over? | 莫斯比教授 实地勘察结束了吗 |
[15:28] | We’like to go home. | 我们想回家了 |
[15:30] | Yeah, it’s over. | 已经结束了 |
[15:32] | Auf wiedersehen. | 再见[德语] |
[15:34] | I just wanted to inspire them, | 我只不过想启发他们 |
[15:36] | you know, like my professors inspired me. | 就像我的教授曾经启发我一样 |
[15:39] | But here we are, at the end of the day… | 可你看现在 一天就这么结束了 |
[15:42] | Hey, class, quick question. | 同学们 问一句 |
[15:43] | Uh, is anyone here thinking of becoming an architect? | 这里有谁想成为建筑师 |
[15:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:54] | Yeah, dude. | 是的 兄弟 |
[15:55] | I mean,all jobs suck, | 我的意思是 所有工作都很烂 |
[15:57] | but it’s 4:00 in the afternoon, | 可现在是下午四点 |
[15:59] | and you’re out at a bar with your friends, | 你却跟朋友在酒吧胡混 |
[16:01] | so the hours can’t be that bad. | 所以你这行也不见得太差 |
[16:04] | So… | 所以 |
[16:05] | yeah, I don’t know, I’d think about it. | 不好说 我会考虑下的 |
[16:08] | I got through to you. | 终于说动一个了 |
[16:11] | I mean, that is, if becoming a deejay doesn’t pan out. | 前提是 当DJ没戏的话 |
[16:15] | You are gonna be a great architect. | 你会成为一名伟大的建筑师 |
[16:18] | He became a deejay. | 他后来成为了一名DJ |
[16:22] | Robin, what are you doing here? | 罗宾 你来这儿干嘛 |
[16:24] | – I told you I can’t be your therapist. – I know. | -我说了不能再做你的心理医生 -我知道 |
[16:26] | Today, I am your therapist. | 今天 我是你的心理医生 |
[16:29] | What? | 什么 |
[16:29] | You said yourself, | 你也说了 |
[16:30] | I’m always looking for reasons not to be happy. | 我总找理由让自己不幸福 |
[16:33] | Well, I’m trying to change that. | 我在努力改变这点 |
[16:35] | So, if the only reason we can’t be together | 如果我们不能在一起的原因 |
[16:37] | is because I was in a vulnerable place | 是因为在初相识的两个钟头里 |
[16:39] | for the first two hours we knew each other | 我向你诉说了心底的秘密 |
[16:40] | then that is two hours of vulnerability you owe me. | 那么应该换你 向我敞开心扉两小时 |
[16:46] | Sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[16:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:49] | Okay, but I must warn you, as a professional, | 不过先提醒你 我可是专业医生 |
[16:52] | – I’m immune to…- Tell me about your mother. | -不吃那一套 -先跟我说说你妈吧 |
[16:54] | Everything she says is a manipulation! | 她就是个控制狂 |
[16:56] | When I was seven years old… | 我7岁的时候 |
[16:59] | Mr. Cootes. | 库兹先生 |
[17:00] | Listen, I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said yesterday, | 我一直在想你昨天说的话 |
[17:03] | about how we’re all gonna die. | 你说最后大家都是死路一条 |
[17:05] | Oh, I’m not gonna die. | 我不会死的 |
[17:07] | I bought an old mine shaft in Colorado. | 我在科罗拉多买了个废弃矿井 |
[17:10] | I’ve spent the last six months filling it with canned goods, | 过去半年 我储备了充足的储备粮 |
[17:13] | assault rifles and all five seasons of Friday Night Lights. | 步枪 还有全五季《周五夜现场》 |
[17:16] | Okay, first of all, you can skip season two. | |
[17:18] | Second of all, after our talk… | 其次 我们谈话后 |
[17:22] | I came pretty close to giving up myself. | 我差点儿就决定放弃原则 |
[17:25] | But then I went to the doctor with my wife… | 但随后我陪老婆去看医生 |
[17:29] | and… | 然后 |
[17:31] | I saw this. | 我看到了这个 |
[17:37] | Boy or girl? | 男孩还是女孩 |
[17:39] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:40] | But I know I sure as hell can’t give up now. | 不过我十分确定的是 我要坚持原则 |
[17:43] | So, if you’re just looking for someone | 如果你只是想找个 |
[17:46] | to hold the other end of the limbo stick, | 没原则的人陪你玩游戏的话 |
[17:49] | you got the wrong guy for the job, and you know why? | 那你就找错人了 知道为什么吗 |
[17:51] | limbo stick腰力好的才能过 不适合高个子玩 | |
[17:51] | ‘Cause you’re three feet taller than everyone in this office? | 因为你比同事都高上一米吗 |
[17:54] | No. Because if I am gonna work here, | 不是 因为如果我打算在这儿工作 |
[17:57] | then first thing tomorrow morning, | 那么明早第一件事 |
[17:58] | I’m walking down to Gruber Pharmaceuticals, | 就是去找格鲁伯药业公司 |
[18:00] | and I’m rejecting their offer. | 并拒绝他们的赔偿提议 |
[18:03] | Even if I have to do it myself. | 即便是孤军奋战 我也义无反顾 |
[18:07] | Listen, I want you to know… I know. | 听我说 我想告诉你 我知道了 |
[18:11] | Know what? | 知道什么 |
[18:13] | Nora. | 诺拉 |
[18:14] | Barney. | 巴尼 |
[18:15] | Nora. | 诺拉 |
[18:16] | Just say what you’re gonna say! | 有话就直说 |
[18:18] | I know you’re old! | 我知道你很老了 |
[18:20] | And I’ve been struggling with it, | 我纠结了这个问题很久 |
[18:21] | but when I look at you… | 可当我一看见你 |
[18:24] | I don’t care, because I really like you. | 我突然就无所谓了 因为我是真心喜欢你 |
[18:28] | And because for 37, you are keeping it toit! | 而且以37岁高龄来说 你可真是前凸后翘 |
[18:33] | You think I’m 37? | 你以为我37岁了 |
[18:34] | Well, if you were really 29, | 如果你真是29岁 |
[18:36] | then you would have been a little kid | 那你第一次看见伊渥克熊时 |
[18:38] | the first time you saw the Ewoks and you would have loved them. | 必然是还是个孩子 是孩子就必然会喜欢它们 |
[18:40] | Barney, I didn’t see any of the Star Wars movies until last year. | 巴尼 我去年才开始看《星球大战》系列 |
[18:44] | You… you’re 29! | 你呀你 29岁万岁 |
[18:50] | You still have one good year left. | 还有一年美好时光 |
[18:52] | – What? – Nothing. | -什么 -没什么 |
[18:55] | But Naveen’s the neurosurgeon, | 拉文是神经外科医生 |
[18:57] | so of course he gets all the attention! | 所以理所当然 他是个宝贝疙瘩 |
[18:59] | Oh, Naveen is so smart, | 拉文好聪明哦 |
[19:01] | he operates on people’s brains! | 他帮人的大脑做手术 |
[19:03] | Well, guess what, Mom?! | 您猜怎么着 妈 |
[19:05] | I treat the human mind! | 我治的可是人的思想 |
[19:08] | Our time is up. | 时间到了 |
[19:11] | I don’t think this is gonna work. | 这样不行 |
[19:13] | I scared you off, didn’t I? | 我把你吓傻了吧 |
[19:15] | No, I mean, I don’t think I can be your therapist. | 不 我是说我不能继续治疗你了 |
[19:19] | You’re really cute. | 你太有爱了 |
[19:23] | The next day, | 第二天 |
[19:24] | Marshall returned to Gruber Pharmaceuticals alone. | 马修孤身深入格鲁伯药业的虎穴 |
[19:26] | I mean, you admit that you polluted the lake. | 你们已经承认污染了湖水 |
[19:30] | We got the evidence. | 我们有证据 |
[19:31] | We got the charts. | 我们有图表 |
[19:32] | The fish… | 有鱼 |
[19:37] | Fish, huh? | 鱼 |
[19:39] | Fish are weird. | 鱼很诡异 |
[19:41] | You ever think about the names of fish? | 你们有琢磨过鱼的名字吗 |
[19:43] | I mean, come on. | 拜托 |
[19:44] | Carp. | 鲤鱼[有找茬儿的意思] |
[19:46] | Garrison, what a nice surprise. | 加里森 想不到你大驾光临啊 |
[19:48] | Your star apprentice was just, uh. | 你的高徒正在 |
[19:51] | “Floundering.” | 不知所云 |
[19:53] | Little, little fish humor | 说了点鱼的小笑话 |
[19:55] | for you guys. | 娱乐大众 |
[19:56] | It was not going well. | 进展不太顺利 |
[19:58] | I’m here to turn down the 24,000. | 我是来拒绝你们的二万四的 |
[20:01] | Well, I can maybe get you 24,500. | 加你五百也是可以商量的 |
[20:04] | Not… good… enough. | 不 够 多 |
[20:13] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪里 |
[20:16] | To war, son. | 战场 孩子 |
[20:19] | We’re going to war. | 我们要奔赴战场 |
[20:24] | We’re going to save the planet. | 我们要去拯救地球吗 |
[20:25] | And kids, as we now know, they did. | 孩子们 我们知道 他们做到了 |
[20:33] | Hey, you know what was on last night? | 你知道昨晚放什么了吗 |
[20:33] | 几周前 | |
[20:34] | Stand and Deliver. So good. | 《为人师表》 太好看了 |
[20:37] | Whatever happened to Jacob James Olmos? | 雅各布・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 怎么没见他了 |
[20:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[20:42] | Jacob James Olmos. Whatever happened to that guy? | 雅各布・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 怎么没见他了 |
[20:44] | He never existed. | 没有这个人 |
[20:45] | It’s Edward James Olmos. | 人家叫爱德华・詹姆斯・奥莫斯[泰德是对的] |
[20:47] | You’re Olmos correct. | 你差个名就对了 |
[20:49] | It’s Jacob James Olmos. | 他就叫雅各布・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 |
[20:51] | – It’s Edward James Olmos. – Jacob James Olmos. | -爱德华・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 -雅各布・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 |
[20:53] | – Edward James Olmos. – You’re joking, right…? | -爱德华・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 -开什么玩笑 |
[20:55] | – Are you serious…?seriously. – Jacob James Olmos. | -你是说真的吗 严肃点 -雅各布・詹姆斯・奥莫斯 |