时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | 周三\N晚上8点\N \N | |
[00:03] | 婚礼后3天 | |
[00:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:09] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:16] | So I thought we’d… try this new restaurant. | 我们可以去尝尝那家新开的餐厅 |
[00:18] | It’s right around the corner from here. | 就在街角 |
[00:20] | It’s Scottish-Mexican fusion. | 是苏格兰墨西哥的融合菜系 |
[00:21] | Scottish-Mexican fusion? | 苏格兰和墨西哥的融合吗 |
[00:23] | Scottish-Mexican fusion. | 对 苏格兰和墨西哥的融合 |
[00:24] | That would seem like two things that do not fuse. | 这两样貌似融不起来哈 |
[00:27] | Perhaps you’ll change your mind when you try | 可能等你尝过他家招牌菜 肉馅羊肚玉米馅饼 |
[00:28] | their signature haggis enchiladas. | 你就不会这么说了 |
[00:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:31] | -All right. Yeah, come on. -Lead the way. | -好吧 这边 -你领路吧 |
[00:34] | I was surprised when you called. | 你给我打电话的时候我还挺惊讶呢 |
[00:37] | Isn’t there some universal guy rule | 不是有个什么男士通用守则说 |
[00:38] | S04E21中巴尼提到了三日法则 随后出版的Brocode中加到了四天 | |
[00:38] | where you have to wait four days to call a girl? | 你该等四天再给女孩打电话吗 |
[00:41] | That… does not ring a bell. | 嗯…我不知道啊 |
[00:43] | And it’s three days. | 实际上是三天啦 |
[00:45] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[00:49] | Uh, I did not realize there would be live music. | 嗯 我真不知道他们有现场音乐演奏 |
[00:52] | So, uh, should we… | 啊 那我们就… |
[00:54] | Eat anywhere but here? | 去任何地方只要不是这儿吧 |
[00:55] | -Yeah. -Yeah. | -好 -好 |
[00:57] | Besides, I’m sure we can find a place | 我觉得我们肯定能找到一个 |
[00:58] | where we don’t need reservations. | 不用预约的餐厅 |
[01:00] | Oh, you think it’s just that easy? | 你真觉得这么容易吗 |
[01:01] | Just stroll in off the street and get a meal? | 就在大街上走一圈就能找到吃饭的地方 |
[01:03] | Well, let me tell you the tale of Gary Blauman. | 那我就给你讲一个关于加里•布劳曼的故事吧 |
[01:07] | There’s the blushing bride! | 我们羞答答的新娘在这啊 |
[01:09] | Oh! | 噢 |
[01:10] | Gary Blauman! | 加里•布劳曼 |
[01:12] | How are you?! | 你最近怎么样啊 |
[01:13] | Uh, duh, like I need to ask. | 呃 我还问什么啊 |
[01:15] | You’re getting married. | 你都要结婚了 |
[01:16] | Well, don’t let me keep you. You have things to do. | 行 我就不打扰你了 你还有好多事要忙呢 |
[01:19] | I will see you walking down the aisle. | 但我会看着你走过红毯的 |
[01:21] | I’ll be the guy in the eighth row going like this. | 我会在第八排做出这种表情… |
[01:26] | Right?! Right. | 好吧 哈哈 |
[01:28] | -Good luck today! -Thank you. | -好运哦 -谢谢 |
[01:29] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[01:31] | Hey, there’s the blushing bride… | 嘿 我们羞答答的新娘在这啊 |
[01:33] | Code red! | 紧急情况 |
[01:47] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God, oh, my God, oh, my God, | 苍天啊 大地啊 神仙天使以及上帝啊 |
[01:49] | Why the code red? | 什么紧急情况啊 |
[01:51] | I mean, if it’s… if it’s about your hair, | 你要是指你的发型的话 |
[01:53] | I didn’t even notice; especially not from the back. | 我都没注意到呢 尤其从背后都看不到 |
[01:55] | -What? -Nothing. | -什么 -没事 |
[01:57] | Gary Blauman is here, and I had no idea he was coming. | 加里•布劳曼在这 但是我完全不知道他会来啊 |
[01:59] | His reply card must’ve gotten lost in the mail. | 他的回复信肯定是邮丢了 |
[02:01] | I mean, where’s he gonna sit? | 我的意思是 他坐哪儿啊 |
[02:02] | It took us weeks to plan the seating chart! | 我们花了一周才把座位排好的 |
[02:04] | Robin. | 罗宾 |
[02:06] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[02:08] | -I got you. -Huh? | -交给我吧 -啥 |
[02:10] | You’re talking to the seating chart master. | 你可是和排座大师讲话 |
[02:12] | At my own wedding, I managed to sit small-town Minnesotans | 在我自己的婚礼 我把明尼苏达小地方人 |
[02:15] | right next to liberal New Yorkers with grace and aplomb. | 都体体面面的安排在自由主义的纽约人面前了 |
[02:19] | Table 27 still gets together once a year for a reunion. | 27号桌的宾客现在还保持每年一聚呢 |
[02:22] | Perhaps you’ve seen their photos on Facebook. | 没准你还在Facebook上看到他们的照片呢 |
[02:27] | Like I said… | 所以呢 |
[02:28] | I got you. | 交给我吧 |
[02:29] | Thanks, Marshall. | 谢谢啊 马修 |
[02:35] | Code red! | 紧急情况 |
[02:37] | Grandma’s sitting next to the band, | 奶奶辈的人坐在乐队旁边 |
[02:39] | divorced couple sitting one table away from each other, | 离婚的两口子相隔一桌坐着 |
[02:41] | no coherent singles table. | 没有专门的单身席位 |
[02:44] | This is the Robin’s hair of seating charts. | 这座席表和罗宾的头发一样乱啊 |
[02:46] | Single’s tables are cruel. | 让单身的坐一桌也太残忍了 |
[02:47] | I mean, what if you went to a wedding | 这就跟你去参加婚礼 |
[02:48] | and there was a table of all fat guys? | 看到一堆胖子坐一桌一样 |
[02:50] | -That would be awesome. -You’re right, it would. | -那可有得看了 -你说的没错 |
[02:52] | Let’s crack this Gary Blauman nut first, | 先把加里•布劳曼这个老大难解决了 |
[02:53] | and then we’ll work on the fat guy table. | 然后咱们再解决胖子桌的问题吧 |
[02:55] | Wait, did you say Gary Blauman? | 慢着 你是提到加里•布劳曼了吗 |
[02:57] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[02:59] | I… hate… that guy. | 我恨那家伙 |
[03:03] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[03:04] | Remember a few years ago | 还记得几年前 |
[03:05] | when I read that biography of Teddy Roosevelt? | 我读泰迪•罗斯福传的时候吗 |
[03:07] | For weeks after I read it, | 读完之后的好几个星期 |
[03:09] | I only wanted to talk about one thing. | 除了他我什么都不想谈 |
[03:12] | Teddy Roosevelt was the coolest guy ever! | 泰迪•罗斯福真乃神人也 |
[03:16] | Oh, that’s it! No more books, Ted. | 真是够了 别再书来书去的了 泰德 |
[03:18] | I don’t like the person you become when you read books. | 我不喜欢被书本荼毒心灵的你 |
[03:21] | Here’s the deal: you get to tell us one more | 这是最后通牒 你能且只能 |
[03:23] | interesting fact about Teddy Roosevelt. | 再告诉我们一个泰迪•罗斯福的趣闻 |
[03:26] | One more, and then you’re done forever. | 就一个 以后再也不许提起他 |
[03:28] | So make it a good one. | 所以挑个有意思讲 |
[03:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:32] | He went blind in one eye… | 他一只眼睛短暂性失明 |
[03:34] | from getting hit too hard in a boxing match… | 因为在拳击比赛时被打太狠 |
[03:38] | …while he was president! | 而且还是在他当总统的时候 |
[03:40] | -That’s a pretty good one. -Wow. | -这确实挺劲爆的 -哇 |
[03:41] | That is kind of… | 不明觉厉 |
[03:42] | Right?! Oh, and when he was at Harvard… | 是吧 而且当他在哈佛的时候 |
[03:43] | No! No! Shut up! Oh, my God! Please! | 不 闭嘴 天呐 放过我们吧 |
[03:45] | Well, one night, we were throwing a party | 好吧 某天晚上 我们在开一个派对 |
[03:47] | to celebrate… something– | 庆祝 那什么 |
[03:50] | I-I can’t remember what– | 具体我记不太清了 |
[03:52] | when a pretty girl I had never met | 一个我从没见过的漂亮妹子 |
[03:54] | noticed the book on the coffee table. | 在茶几上发现了那本书 |
[03:55] | I can’t believe you have this book. | 真不敢相信你竟然有这本书 |
[03:57] | I just finished reading it. | 我刚读完 |
[03:58] | Teddy Roosevelt was the coolest guy ever. | 泰迪•罗斯福真乃神人也 |
[04:02] | A unicorn. | 如遇独角兽啊 |
[04:04] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[04:05] | It was a stroke of luck on par | 这简直跟罗斯福胸前口袋里 |
[04:07] | with the 50-page manuscript in Roosevelt’s breast pocket | 那本五十页的手稿 |
[04:09] | that helped slow that would-be assassin’s bullet. | 替他挡下了子弹一样的幸运 |
[04:12] | Dude, come on. | 伙计 行行好吧 |
[04:12] | Sorry. Anyway… | 抱歉 总之 |
[04:14] | enter Gary Blauman. | 加里•布劳曼出场了 |
[04:17] | Is that the Teddy Roosevelt biography? | 这不是泰迪•罗斯福传吗 |
[04:19] | Coolest guy ever. | 他可真乃神人也 |
[04:21] | Right? Right? | 可不是吗 可不是吗 |
[04:23] | Right? Right? | 就是的吧 就是的吧 |
[04:25] | Right? Right? | 可不咋地 可不咋地 |
[04:28] | So the three of us started talking Teddy Roosevelt. | 于是我们三人就开始聊起了泰迪•罗斯福 |
[04:30] | When he took that four-minute flight | 记得当他在莱特兄弟飞机上 |
[04:32] | on the Wright brother’s plane? | 飞了四分钟吗 |
[04:33] | So cool. | 帅呆了 |
[04:34] | The time he climbed the tallest mountain | 还有那次他在蜜月时 |
[04:36] | in Europe on his honeymoon. | 去爬了欧洲最高山 |
[04:38] | So cool. | 太帅了 |
[04:39] | And that’s when I realized, | 然后我突然意识到了 |
[04:41] | Blauman and I were locked in a battle of wills | 布劳曼和我陷入了一场精神死斗 |
[04:43] | that made T.R.’s charge up San Juan Hill | 让泰迪•罗斯福在圣胡安山的战斗 |
[04:45] | look like a walk in the park. | 显得跟在公园散步一样轻松 |
[04:47] | Or should I say, in the national park, | 或者我该说 在国家公园 |
[04:49] | since it was Roosevelt who spearheaded the establishment… | 因为一座国家公园就是以他的名字命名 |
[04:51] | Dude, come on. I gave you one. | 伙计 住嘴吧 我给过你机会了 |
[04:53] | The battle raged on. | 战争愈演愈烈 |
[04:56] | In a way, he was… | 某种程度上来说 他就是 |
[04:58] | …the archetype of the modern politician! | 所有现代政客的原型 |
[05:03] | Dude, knock it off. | 伙计 消停会儿吧 |
[05:05] | Knock what off, bro? | 你在说什么啊 伙计 |
[05:06] | This is my apartment, | 这是我的公寓 |
[05:08] | my Teddy Roosevelt conversation, | 我的泰迪•罗斯福话题 |
[05:09] | I get the girl. | 这女孩是我的 |
[05:10] | Oh, so the fact that you’re the incumbent means | 噢 所以你是现任总统 |
[05:12] | she should just pick you? | 她就得选你吗 |
[05:14] | Tell that to William Howard Taft. | 跟威廉•霍华德•塔夫脱说去吧 |
[05:14] | 威廉•霍华德•塔夫脱是美国第27任总统 罗斯福未能连任成功败给塔夫脱 | |
[05:16] | You’re calling me Taft? | 你叫我塔夫脱 |
[05:18] | If anyone’s Taft, you’re Taft! | 如果谁是塔夫脱 你才是塔夫脱 |
[05:20] | I’m not Taft! I’m Teddy! | 我不是塔夫脱 我是泰迪 |
[05:22] | What the hell you are. My name is Ted! | 你是什么玩意儿啊 我名字就是泰德 |
[05:24] | Yeah, right. Go sign the Payne-Aldrich Tariff Act, Taft! | 是啊 没错 快去签佩恩奥德里奇关税法案吧 塔夫脱 |
[05:27] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆子 |
[05:29] | Skinny-dipping in the Potomac River. | 在波托马克河裸泳 |
[05:34] | And so the standoff continued, hours passed… | 于是僵局继续 几个小时过去了… |
[05:37] | then days. | 然后几天过去了 |
[05:39] | -Days passed? -Days passed. | -几天过去 -几天过去了 |
[05:41] | Finally, a T.R. Stricken by tropical fever | 最后 泰迪•罗斯福被去亚马逊远足途中的 |
[05:44] | on his Amazon trek, we could go no further. | 热带高温打败了 我们不能再继续了 |
[05:48] | When he was Assistant Secretary of the Navy… | 当他还是海军部长助理的时候… |
[05:51] | Will you just pick one of us already | 你就不能从我们俩中选一个出来 |
[05:52] | so I can either have sex or go to sleep! | 好让我能滚一下床单 或者滚去睡觉吗 |
[05:56] | Smooth, bro. | 淡定 哥们 |
[05:58] | After that day, I have never liked that guy. | 那天过后 我就讨厌死那家伙了 |
[06:01] | So let’s just tell Robin this can’t be done, | 我们还是直接去告诉罗宾 咱们办不到 |
[06:03] | and send Gary Blauman packing. | 把加里•布劳曼打发走 |
[06:05] | Did you just say | 你刚才是不是说了 |
[06:06] | Gary Blauman? | 加里•布劳曼 |
[06:08] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:09] | I… | 我… |
[06:11] | love that guy! | 爱死那家伙了 |
[06:13] | What?! He’s the devil! | 啥 他是恶魔 |
[06:14] | He’s an angel. | 他是天使 |
[06:16] | It was 2006, Marshall and I had broken up, | 那是2006年 马修和我分手了 |
[06:19] | and I was back in New York feeling vulnerable | 我回到纽约感觉很无助 |
[06:21] | and listening to my breakup song over and over. | 一遍遍听着我的分手歌 |
[06:24] | -Sugar Ray’s “Fly.” -You know it. | -甜蜜射线的”飞翔” -你懂的 |
[06:24] | 甜蜜射线是来自加州的摇滚乐团 单曲”Fly”夺得榜单冠军长达七周 | |
[06:26] | Man, you know nothing about breakups. | 亲 你根本不懂啥叫分手 |
[06:28] | I really don’t. | 我还真不需要懂 |
[06:29] | Anyway, then I hit bottom. | 不管怎么说 我跌倒了谷底 |
[06:32] | There’s a bottom below Sugar Ray? | 甜蜜射线下面有谷底吗 |
[06:33] | Mm. | 唔 |
[06:35] | What?! | 那是啥 |
[06:37] | Why have I never seen that before? | 怎么我以前没见过 |
[06:39] | I’ve been using cover-up | 我一直以来都在 |
[06:40] | and strategically placed straps for a long time | 用战略性手法把肩带放上面挡着 |
[06:42] | to keep this puppy quiet. | 好让这个小家伙不被发现 |
[06:44] | After all the times you guys made fun of me | 还在你们嘲笑过无数次 |
[06:47] | for my breakup butterfly tattoo? | 我的分手蝴蝶纹身之后吗 |
[06:50] | Oh, the fact that Ted got a butterfly tattoo, | 噢 泰德搞蝴蝶纹身的那事儿啊 |
[06:52] | will you ever stop being hilarious? | 你敢再逗比一点吗 |
[06:55] | So why is it only half a butterfly? | 那为什么只有半只蝴蝶呢 |
[06:57] | Because Gary Blauman saw me in the tattoo parlor, | 因为加里•布劳曼在纹身休息室里看到我 |
[07:00] | dragged me out and talked some sense into me. | 把我拖出来开导我别做傻事 |
[07:03] | Lily, trust me, | 莉莉 相信我 |
[07:04] | you and Marshall are going to get back together. | 你和马修会和好的 |
[07:07] | And when you do, you will be so glad you did not get | 而当你们和好了 你会非常庆幸自己没有 |
[07:10] | the other half of that butterfly. | 把那另一半蝴蝶纹上 |
[07:11] | Actually, I was gonna get a little more than the butterfly. | 其实呢 我的方案不只是一只小蝴蝶啦 |
[07:18] | It’s good that I ran into you. | 认识你真不错啊 |
[07:21] | Marshall, Blauman saved you from a lifetime | 马修 布劳曼把你从每次过生日 |
[07:23] | of looking at Sugar Ray every time we do it on your birthday. | 都要看着甜蜜射线的深渊里拯救了出来 |
[07:26] | Find him a nice seat. | 给他找个好座位 |
[07:27] | No, no, do not find him a seat. | 不行 不要给他找座位 |
[07:30] | -I’m telling you, this guy… -You find him a nice… | -我告诉你 这家伙… -给他找个好座… |
[07:32] | Neither of us was gonna back down, | 我们谁都不愿让步 |
[07:33] | so finally we decided to take it to the groom. | 最后我们把决定权交给新郎 |
[07:36] | -Wh-What’s going on? -Shh! | -怎么了 -嘘 |
[07:38] | Wha…? | 怎么… |
[07:42] | Who’s that guy? | 那家伙是谁 |
[07:43] | It’s my ex-boyfriend. | 是我前男友 |
[07:49] | So, we’re crouching behind a van, | 就是说 我们在这车后边怂着 |
[07:51] | hiding from your ex-boyfriend. | 躲着你前男友 |
[07:53] | Forgive me, I’m a little bit of a detective. | 抱歉 我总侦探附体 |
[07:56] | It was a bad breakup? | 分手状况惨烈吗 |
[07:57] | Pretty bad. | 相当惨烈 |
[07:59] | Bad like there was a big fight? | 大打一架的那种惨烈吗 |
[08:01] | Bad like there was a big ring. | 戒指一枚的那种惨烈 |
[08:03] | Bad like this happened in the past year? | 去年才发生的那种惨烈吗 |
[08:05] | Bad like it happened Saturday. | 这周六才刚刚发生的那种惨烈 |
[08:08] | So bad. | 那真是太惨烈了 |
[08:10] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[08:13] | Okay, he’s gone. | 好了 他走了 |
[08:16] | I’m so sorry, Ted. | 真抱歉 泰德 |
[08:19] | I really like you, but I’m-I’m in | 我真的挺喜欢你 可是我现在 |
[08:21] | the weirdest place on Earth right now. | 正处在最尴尬的境地 |
[08:24] | You’re in a Scottish-Mexican restaurant? | 就像身处苏格兰墨西哥餐馆一样吗 |
[08:27] | Yup. | 对 |
[08:28] | Yeah, I am. | 对 正是 |
[08:32] | It’s just too soon for me to be dating. | 我还没准备好约会什么的 |
[08:34] | I think I should head home. | 我还是回家吧 |
[08:36] | Well, want me to walk with you? | 好吧 我陪你回去吧 |
[08:40] | Lots of scary ex-boyfriends in this neighborhood. | 前男友出没 注意 |
[08:43] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[08:45] | I do want to hear the rest of that story. | 我还想把故事听完呢 |
[08:47] | Right, right the story. | 对哦 还有故事要讲 |
[08:49] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[08:50] | So, we decided to take it to the groom. | 然后 我们决定交给新郎定夺 |
[08:53] | Did you say Gary Blauman? | 你们说加里•布劳曼 |
[08:55] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:56] | Gary Blauman? | 加里•布劳曼 |
[08:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:58] | Blauman… comma, Gary? | 布劳曼 逗号 加里 |
[08:58] | 英文习惯 姓氏后面加逗号 | |
[09:01] | Point, comma, get to the damn. | 有话 逗号 快说 |
[09:03] | I… | 我 |
[09:13] | love… | 爱死了 |
[09:15] | that we have the opportunity to destroy | 能有这机会把他撵出婚礼 |
[09:17] | Gary Blauman’s weekend by kicking him out of the wedding! | 毁了加里•布劳曼整个周末 |
[09:20] | Yes! Gary Blauman Haters’ Club right here! | 好 反加里•布劳曼俱乐部挂牌成立 |
[09:23] | What that guy did to me. | 那家伙的所作所为 |
[09:25] | Oh… God! | 哦 神啊 |
[09:28] | It makes me furious to this day! | 让我怒火绵延 直至今日 |
[09:31] | Okay, okay, I’m gonna try and tell this story | 好吧 好吧 我就克制一下熊熊燃烧的怒火 |
[09:34] | without completely losing it. | 把整个故事讲给你们听 |
[09:35] | Ready? Okay, here goes. | 准备好了吗 好吧 走着 |
[09:37] | I was at the… | 我当时正… |
[09:42] | Nope, not gonna happen. Give me a second. | 不行 容我发泄下 |
[09:44] | Ooh! Ooh! | 哦 |
[09:45] | I was at the bar. | 我当时正在酒吧里 |
[09:47] | Hey, Barney! | 嘿 巴尼 |
[09:49] | What’s up, Blauman? Have a seat. | 咋的嘞 布劳曼 坐吧 |
[09:50] | Oh, thanks. | 谢了 |
[09:51] | Your fries. Need anything? | 你的薯条 你要点什么 |
[09:54] | I’m good, thanks. | 我不饿 谢谢 |
[09:55] | Oh, but he was not good, thanks. | 但他不是”不饿 谢谢” |
[09:58] | He was not good, thanks, at all! | 他不是”不饿 谢谢” 根本不是 |
[10:01] | Oh, what? Did he take one of your fries? | 怎么了 他吃了你一根薯条还是怎么 |
[10:04] | Take one? | 一根 |
[10:06] | Take one? | 一根薯条 |
[10:08] | Lily, it would have been one thing | 莉莉 如果他只是吃了我一根薯条 |
[10:10] | if he took one of my fries; that would have been one thing. | 这事就好说了 但是这事决不能好好说 |
[10:13] | No, Lily, that day, | 莉莉 那一天 |
[10:15] | Blauman took… | 布劳曼 吃了我 |
[10:21] | …four of my fries! | 四根薯条 |
[10:23] | But that’s not even the capper! | 可更过分的还在后边 |
[10:26] | Here’s the part that still keeps me up at night: | 是我至今辗转反侧难以入睡 |
[10:28] | the fourth fry he took… | 他吃的第四根薯条 |
[10:30] | the fourth fry he took… | 他吃的第四根薯条 |
[10:36] | Buddy, you oka… you okay? | 哥们 你 你没事吧 |
[10:40] | The fourth fry he took… | 他拿的第四根薯条 |
[10:45] | …was an accidental curly. | 是一根惊喜乱入的扭扭薯条 |
[10:59] | You don’t take a man’s accidental curly. | 岂能夺走他人之惊喜乱入的扭扭薯条 |
[11:02] | You take a man’s wife | 夺妻之恨 |
[11:03] | before you take his accidental curly. | 远逊于夺走他人之惊喜乱入的扭扭薯条之恨 |
[11:06] | If you wanted curly fries so bad, | 你要是那么想吃扭扭薯条 |
[11:09] | why not just order them in the first place? | 干嘛不直接点一份就好了 |
[11:11] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 呵呵 呵了个呵 |
[11:12] | ‘Cause that’s what you want. | 那真是你要的吗 |
[11:13] | All curly fries. | 全是扭扭薯条 |
[11:15] | Regular cut with a few accidental curlies. | 正常薯条中掺点惊喜乱入的扭扭薯条 |
[11:18] | That’s what you want. | 这才是我们想要的好吗 |
[11:19] | -That’s the dream. -He’s right. | -终极梦想啊 -他说的没错 |
[11:21] | -That is the dream. -No! | -那就是终极梦想 -不 |
[11:23] | I refuse to look down from the altar | 我拒绝在圣坛上注视着人群 |
[11:25] | as I say my vows to the woman of my dreams, | 对着我梦中的女人说出誓言的时候 |
[11:28] | and see that damned, stupid, | 却看到那挨千刀的傻逼 |
[11:31] | accidental-curly- fry-stealing Gary Blauman! | 顺走乱入扭扭薯条的加里•布劳曼 |
[11:35] | Did you say Gary Blauman? | 你们在说加里•布劳曼吗 |
[11:37] | I… | 我… |
[11:40] | hate… | 讨厌 |
[11:41] | to disagree with Barney. | 同意巴尼 |
[11:44] | But I love that guy! | 我超喜欢那家伙啊 |
[11:45] | I just met him earlier today. | 我今天刚见过他 |
[11:48] | Oh, my gosh! | 天呐 |
[11:49] | It’s you. | 是你啊 |
[11:50] | Yeah. | 嗯啊 |
[11:52] | You’re the poet William Zabka. | 你就是诗人威廉•扎布卡 |
[11:55] | Nobody ever recognizes me for my poetry. | 从来没人因为诗歌认出我来 |
[11:58] | He has all six of my collections. | 我的全部六本诗集他都有 |
[12:00] | When Terry Gross interviewed me on Fresh Air, | 特里•格罗斯在脱口秀新鲜空气里采访我的时候 |
[12:03] | he listened live. | 他一直在听直播 |
[12:04] | Gary Blauman rules! | 加里•布劳曼太棒了 |
[12:07] | Gary Blauman? | 加里•布劳曼吗 |
[12:09] | I… | 我… |
[12:12] | hate… | 恨死… |
[12:14] | …that I once thought I loved Gary Blauman. | …自己曾一度爱过加里•布劳曼 |
[12:16] | Ooh, this sounds good. | 嗯 有意思 |
[12:19] | Gary’s the guy that I had an affair with. | 加里就是那个和我有一腿的人 |
[12:21] | Tom found out, threw me out of the house. | 汤姆捉了奸 把我赶出家 |
[12:25] | Now the kids are from a broken home. | 现在孩子们得不到完整的家庭 |
[12:28] | Because of Gary Blauman, everything that matters to me | 就因为加里•布劳曼 一切对我来说很重要的事情 |
[12:32] | is gone. | 都没了 |
[12:37] | I got that beat. | 我也被那样打击过 |
[12:38] | So, I was ordering these fries… | 正当我在点薯条的时候 |
[12:40] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 等下 |
[12:41] | Blauman’s gay? | 布劳曼是基佬吗 |
[12:42] | Well… | 好吧… |
[12:43] | then that means that night, | 也就是说在那天晚上 |
[12:45] | the real battle was between Blauman | 真正的战斗发生在布劳曼 |
[12:49] | and the girl. | 和那个女孩之间啊 |
[12:51] | And the prize… was this guy. | 而战利品… 是本尊啊 |
[12:56] | Keep telling yourself that, buddy. | 你就这么自我催眠好了 兄弟 |
[12:57] | I don’t want to see Gary Blauman at my brother’s wedding. | 我可不想在我弟弟的婚礼上见到加里•布劳曼 |
[12:59] | Neither do I! | 我也不想啊 |
[13:00] | -I’m the brother in question! -Now, now, hold on. | -我才是咱哥俩有麻烦的那个 -等会儿 停下 |
[13:04] | Order! Order! | 肃静 肃静 |
[13:06] | Robin put this on my plate, and so I’ll make the decision. | 罗宾把这问题交给我了 所以我来做最后的裁决 |
[13:09] | Now, let’s take a short recess. | 现在暂时休庭 |
[13:12] | Everybody out. | 大家退庭 |
[13:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:14] | Lily, out of court settlement. | 莉莉 庭外和解 |
[13:17] | Drop this whole thing, and I’ll give you ten bucks. | 别再插手 我给你十块钱 |
[13:20] | No. | 不要 |
[13:24] | I can’t go higher than ten. | 十块 不能再多了 |
[13:28] | I’m ready to give my decision. | 本席即将宣读最终判决 |
[13:32] | This was a tough one. | 这是个艰难的决定 |
[13:33] | Lot of good points on both sides. | 大家都有自己的难处 |
[13:35] | But ultimately… Blauman stays. | 但最终结果是… 布劳曼留下来 |
[13:38] | -Yeah. -What in the…? | -太好了 -到底为啥… |
[13:39] | For one simple reason. | 出于很简单的理由 |
[13:40] | There is a higher law at every wedding. | 任何婚礼上的至高准则 |
[13:43] | A law that trumps all other arguments. | 压倒一切其他理据的准则 |
[13:46] | When the bride asks for something, she gets it. | 凡新娘所求 必得实现 |
[13:49] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[13:50] | -Wow. -Good point. | -哇哦 -说的好 |
[13:52] | He’s right. | 他说的对 |
[13:53] | This fake court thing is adjourned. | 本次伪讼正式结案 |
[13:55] | Judged. | 终审判决 |
[13:58] | Well, I guess let’s go find Blauman | 是啊 大家快去找到布劳曼 |
[14:00] | and tell him the good news. | 然后告诉他这个好消息吧 |
[14:01] | Yeah, about that. Bit of a wrinkle. | 呃 关于这个嘛 有点麻烦 |
[14:03] | I was just in the hallway, ran into Blauman. | 我刚才在走廊上撞见布劳曼了 |
[14:05] | I told him if he didn’t leave immediately, | 我跟他讲如果不赶紧走人的话 |
[14:07] | then Billy Zabka was gonna crane-kick him in the face. | 比利•扎布卡会狠狠的往他一记飞腿 |
[14:09] | What?! | 啥 |
[14:11] | But that’s not even my move! | 这都不是我的招好吗 |
[14:12] | I… | 我… |
[14:13] | We have to stop him. | 我们得拦住他 |
[14:14] | -Barney! -I… | -巴尼 -我… |
[14:15] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快走快走 |
[14:17] | So, we all run out to the parking lot | 于是我们都赶紧跑到停车场 |
[14:19] | to stop Gary Blauman from leaving the wedding… | 去阻止加里•布劳曼离开婚礼 |
[14:22] | What are you doing? | 你怎么不走了 |
[14:24] | This is my place. | 我家到了 |
[14:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:28] | So, uh… | 那… |
[14:29] | well, I guess this… this is where I leave you. | 好吧 那我就… 就送你到这儿了吧 |
[14:37] | This is your place. | 你家到了 |
[14:39] | Yup. | 没错 |
[14:41] | You sure it’s not a few blocks that way? | 你确定不是再往前走几个街区吗 |
[14:44] | Nope, it’s right here. | 不是 就在这儿 |
[14:46] | It’s right where you picked me up. | 就在你来接我的地方 |
[14:48] | So it is. | 那就是这儿了 |
[14:52] | Well… good night. | 好吧… 晚安 |
[14:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[14:58] | Eight years earlier, I probably would’ve given | 八年前 我可能会来一番 |
[14:59] | some embarrassing speech, confessed my love | 激昂又尴尬的演讲 表白我的爱意 |
[15:01] | and scared her off. | 吓跑我喜欢的人 |
[15:02] | But I didn’t. | 但这次没有 |
[15:04] | Because somehow I just knew this was all gonna work out. | 因为不知怎么 我能感觉得到 这次一切都会如愿 |
[15:07] | -Ted? -Oh, thank God. | -泰德 -谢天谢地 |
[15:13] | Do you at least want to finish your story? | 要不你把你的故事讲完再走吧 |
[15:16] | Right. | 好的 |
[15:19] | So, we all ran out to the parking lot, and… | 于是我们都赶紧跑到停车场 |
[15:23] | Blauman, Blauman, I’m sorry. | 布劳曼 布劳曼 对不起 |
[15:25] | You can stay. Billy won’t kick you in the face. | 你可以留下 比利不会踢你脸的 |
[15:27] | It’s not even my move. | 这根本不是我的招好吗 |
[15:28] | If I was gonna do anything, I’d sweep the leg, | 就算我要揍你 也会用横扫腿 |
[15:30] | and put you in a body bag; everyone knows that. | 然后把你装进运尸袋 地球人都知道 |
[15:32] | What…? Is that from one of your poems? | 啥… 这是你在某一首诗里提到过的吗 |
[15:35] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你这么说 |
[15:38] | Please stick around, for the bride. | 请你留下吧 为了新娘 |
[15:40] | You’re not a Taft. Even if you are, | 你不是塔夫脱 哪怕你是 |
[15:42] | Roosevelt shouldn’t have divided the party like that. | 罗斯福也不该这样分裂党派 |
[15:44] | I mean, he handed the election to Wilson. | 我是说 他把选举交给了威尔逊 |
[15:45] | -Completely, right? -Right? Right? | -就是的说 -是吧 是吧 |
[15:48] | No, wait! No! All right? | 不对 不行 听着 |
[15:50] | Forget it! | 别想了 |
[15:52] | And, James, I’m sorry | 还有 詹姆斯 我很抱歉 |
[15:54] | about you and Tom. | 你和汤姆的事情 |
[15:55] | But you have to stop blaming me for your own decisions. | 但那是你的决定 不能怪我 |
[15:59] | Well, guys, take a good look. | 好了 伙计们 好好看看 |
[16:01] | This face you won’t be seeing again. | 这张脸你们再也见不到了 |
[16:06] | Come… | 别… |
[16:09] | The bri… the bri… | 新娘… 新… |
[16:11] | Gary? | 加里 |
[16:15] | He’s really leaving. | 他真就这么走了 |
[16:16] | Hey, Barney. | 嘿 巴尼 |
[16:18] | You still, uh, have my wedding ring? | 你还留着我的结婚戒指吗 |
[16:20] | Yeah. | 留着呢 |
[16:24] | I’ve got some work to do. | 我有点要事要做 |
[16:26] | Excuse me. | 抱歉失陪 |
[16:31] | Blauman will cool off eventually. | 布劳曼会冷静下来的 |
[16:33] | We’ll see him again. | 我们肯定会再见到他 |
[16:34] | Of course we will. | 当然会啦 |
[16:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:36] | I mean, we might really never see him again. | 大概 我们真的就再也见不到他了 |
[16:38] | Because I remember at our wedding | 因为我记得在我俩的婚礼上 |
[16:41] | looking out and thinking, | 环视一周 想着 |
[16:42] | “Man, everyone here means so much to me.” | “天呐 在座的每个人都对我那么重要” |
[16:45] | A bunch of those people, | 可是其中很多人 |
[16:45] | Where Are They Now by The Kinks | |
[16:46] | you know, I haven’t seen them since. | 你们知道吗 我从那之后再也没见过了 |
[16:49] | And that’s how it goes, kids. | 生活就是这样 孩子们 |
[16:51] | The friends, neighbors, drinking buddies | 朋友们 邻居们 酒友们 |
[16:54] | and partners in crime you love so much | 还有年轻时那么喜欢在一起 |
[16:56] | when you’re young, as the years go by, | 干坏事的小伙伴们 随着时间流逝 |
[16:58] | you just lose touch. | 就这么失去联系了 |
[17:03] | That being said, | 虽然这样说 |
[17:04] | I did manage to keep track of a few people. | 我还是跟一些人一直保持着联系 |
[17:07] | Carl’s still behind the bar at MacLaren’s. | 卡尔还在麦克拉伦的吧台后面 |
[17:10] | Hey, watch it over there. | 嘿 那边的注意点 |
[17:12] | Yeah, watch it over there! | 对 那边的注意点 |
[17:13] | It’s become a family business. | 不过变成了家族生意 |
[17:15] | Jeanette was arrested for mailing jars of urine to Val Kilmer. | 珍妮特因为邮寄很多罐装尿液给瓦尔•基尔默而被捕 |
[17:18] | No, not that Val Kilmer. | 不 不是那个演员瓦尔•基尔默 |
[17:20] | She narrowly avoided prison time, | 她勉强躲过了牢狱之灾 |
[17:21] | but did receive mandatory psychological counseling. | 不过还是被要求接受强制心理咨询 |
[17:25] | Hello, handsome. | 你好啊 小帅哥 |
[17:27] | I should say up front, I’m not allowed to date my… | 我得提前说清楚 我不能约会我的… |
[17:31] | Oh, what the hell. | 哦 管他呢 |
[17:32] | She and Kevin live in Poughkeepsie now. | 她和凯文现在住在波基普西 |
[17:32] | 美国纽约州东南部城市 | |
[17:35] | Ranjit made a couple really good stock picks, and, well, | 兰吉特投机股票大赚了几笔 于是 |
[17:38] | he owns the limo service now. | 现在他是豪华轿车服务的老板了 |
[17:40] | Bitterman, get the car. | 比特曼 备车 |
[17:42] | Getting the car, sir. | 车备起 先生 |
[17:44] | Patrice has her own drive-time radio show. | 帕特里斯开了自己的上下班时段电台秀 |
[17:46] | People call in, she gives advice. | 人们打电话进来 她给提建议 |
[17:48] | Because sometimes I just feel like | 有时候我就觉得啊 |
[17:50] | he never listens to me, you know? | 我的话他从来都听不进去 你知道吗 |
[17:52] | Gosh, caller, that’s a real pickle. | 哦 亲爱的听众 你的问题确实很棘手 |
[17:54] | You know, my grandma always says… | 你知道吗 我奶奶常说 |
[17:56] | Damn it, Patrice, I’m not finished! | 妈蛋 帕特里斯 老娘还没说完呢 |
[17:58] | Sorry, sorry, go on. | 抱歉 抱歉 你接着说 |
[18:00] | William Zabka became the youngest poet ever | 威廉•扎布卡成为了史上最年轻的 |
[18:02] | to win the American Humanities Medal for Literature. | 获得美国人文奖章文学奖的诗人 |
[18:05] | He’s currently working on a collection of travel essays. | 他现在正从事游记整理工作 |
[18:10] | Zoey pops up in the news every now and then | 佐伊时不时地在新闻上露个脸 |
[18:12] | supporting some cause or another. | 支持这个反对那个的 |
[18:14] | It doesn’t always go well for her. | 不过也不是事事顺遂 |
[18:16] | The hawk is a majestic creature! | 鹰是一种庄严的生物 |
[18:18] | She means you no har… | 它们不会伤害… |
[18:19] | Aah, no! I’m your friend! I’m helping you! | 哎哟 咱们自己人 我这是帮你呢 |
[18:22] | Still, it’s nice knowing she’s out there fighting the good fight. | 不过 知道她还继续为了值得的事情而奋斗 也挺好的 |
[18:25] | Scooter’s been married for a while. | 斯古特也已经结婚蛮久了 |
[18:27] | Apparently, he met a girl at work, | 当然啦 他工作的时候认识了这个女孩 |
[18:28] | and it was love at first sight. | 他对她一见钟情 |
[18:30] | I guess something about her helped him get over Lily. | 我想 那女孩身上的某些特点帮助他忘掉了莉莉吧 |
[18:33] | You look beautiful today, Jasmine. | 你今天真美 小茉莉 |
[18:35] | Like every day. | 每天都这么美 |
[18:37] | Move. I serve sloppy joe now. | 躲开 现在老娘负责盛牛肉酱 |
[18:39] | Blitz struggled with a gambling addiction for a while. | 早闪哥戒赌费了挺大劲的 |
[18:42] | But after a three-day bender on the same slot machine, | 在经过连续三天在同一台老虎机前的奋战 |
[18:45] | he finally kicked it. | 他终于成功戒赌了 |
[18:46] | I gotta get help. | 我必须得找人帮我戒赌了 |
[18:53] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[18:56] | Aw, man! | 我去 不是吧 |
[18:58] | I’m not sure what happened to Blah Blah. | 我不知道谁家那小谁后来怎么样了 |
[19:00] | But I’d like to think that wherever she is, she… | 但我更愿意相信 无论她在哪儿 她… |
[19:03] | Carol! Her name was Carol! | 卡罗尔 她叫卡罗尔 |
[19:05] | Thank you. | 您可想起来了 |
[19:07] | Sandy Rivers’ inappropriate office behavior | 桑迪•里维斯终于吃到了 |
[19:08] | finally caught up with him, ending his news career… | 自己不端举止的苦果 结束了他的新闻生涯 |
[19:11] | in America. | 仅限美国新闻界 |
[19:13] | 晚上好莫斯科 我是桑迪•里维斯 | |
[19:16] | 今日头条 敖德萨发现受污染的牛肉 | |
[19:18] | 说到这个啊 欧格拉 | |
[19:20] | 我这可有上好的牛肉 你一定喜欢 还是俄式的哦 | |
[19:25] | He hasn’t changed. | 这厮死性不改 |
[19:27] | It took some doing, but James finally convinced Tom | 尽管费了一番周章 不过詹姆斯还是 |
[19:30] | to take him back. | 和汤姆和好了 |
[19:32] | And nobody’s happier about it than their kids. | 最高兴的 莫过于他们的孩子了 |
[19:35] | Hey, kids, have I ever told you how I met your father? | 嘿 孩子们 我跟你们讲过 老爸老爸浪漫史吗 |
[19:40] | It was at a party. | 我们是在派对上认识的 |
[19:42] | And as for Blauman… | 至于布劳曼 |
[19:47] | Guys, wait! | 你们等会儿 |
[19:50] | I’m sorry for storming off like that. | 抱歉 我刚刚就那么走了 |
[19:51] | I don’t want to miss this wedding. | 我不想错过这场婚礼 |
[19:53] | You will be shocked, kids, | 孩子们 当你们震惊地发现 |
[19:55] | when you discover how easy it is in life | 人这一生 竟能如此轻易地 |
[19:57] | to part ways with people forever. | 就和他人一别即永远 |
[19:59] | That’s why when you find someone you want to keep around, | 你们才会为了想让他们留在身边 |
[20:02] | you do something about it. | 而努力倍加珍惜 |
[20:06] | So, I guess… | 所以 我想… |
[20:09] | good night. | 晚安吧 |
[20:11] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:31] | Unless… | 除非 |
[20:33] | do you want to walk around some more? | 你想再多转一转吗 |
[20:35] | It’s still early. | 时间还早 |
[20:38] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[20:46] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[20:51] | Remembering this. | 铭记此刻 |
[20:54] | Come on. | 走啦 |