英文名称:Moneyball
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Ball one to Johnny Damon and we are under way. | 投手向乔尼·戴蒙扔出了个坏球 我们正在直播 |
[00:37] | Damon has eight hits in 18 at bats, | 戴蒙的十八个打数中有八个安打 |
[00:39] | a double, a triple, a couple of stolen bases. | 二垒安打 三垒安打 以及数次盗垒 |
[00:42] | He had four hits in the series opener. | 他在分区赛的首战中打了四个安打 |
[00:45] | Strike. | 好球 |
[00:59] | Down the right-field line, fair off the bat of Damon. | 戴蒙奋力一击 球飞向右外野线 |
[01:02] | It rolls by Spencer. | 在斯宾塞身边滚动 |
[01:05] | And Damon will coast into second base with a leadoff double. | 戴蒙将在二垒安打后进入二垒 |
[01:13] | Into right-center field, broken bat, it’ll fall, a base hit. | 球飞入右中外野 落了下来 一个断棒安打 |
[01:17] | They wave around Damon. He will score. | 人们为戴蒙欢呼 他即将得分 |
[01:19] | And Jason Giambi delivers with | 杰森·吉昂比在第一局中 |
[01:23] | a run-scoring single here in the opening inning. | 击出了个一垒安打 |
[01:25] | And the Athletics have taken that 1-nothing lead. | 运动家队以一比零领先 |
[01:27] | Go, come on, now. We gotta spin it. | 加油 加把劲 我们能打败他们 |
[01:36] | Let’s go, Yankees! | 加油 扬基队 |
[01:39] | Let’s go, Yankees! | 加油 扬基队 |
[01:47] | Bases loaded. | 满垒 |
[01:48] | The Yankees have the tying run at second, down 2-nothing. | 扬基队二垒实现全垒打 将比分从二比零扳平 |
[01:57] | The A’s are kicking it and throwing it all over the field. | 运动家队失误了 在满场捡球 |
[02:01] | And it might lead to their elimination | 如果他们不尽快得分的话 |
[02:04] | if they don’t get it right in a hurry. | 将面临淘汰 |
[02:05] | Hammered down the right-field line. Justice! | 球飞出了右外野线 是贾斯蒂斯 |
[02:10] | The Yankees have taken the lead. | 扬基队后来居上 |
[02:18] | They’re standing, | 他们站在那里 |
[02:20] | anticipating another trip to the League Championship Series. | 期待着下次再来参加联盟冠军赛 |
[02:24] | The Yankees one out away. | 扬基队一人出局 |
[02:28] | Eric Byrnes, never with an at bat in Yankee Stadium, | 埃里克·拜恩斯从没在扬基队体育馆里打过球 |
[02:32] | and they don’t get much bigger than this one. | 他们却找不到比他更好的球员 |
[02:35] | Or more hectic when you’re up there trying to get a job done. | 换成是你站在那里 一定更手足无措 |
[03:01] | And they’re a strike away. | 他们只差一个好球了 |
[03:04] | And they’re roaring in the Bronx. | 整个扬基球场在沸腾 |
[03:09] | Losing the first two games at home in the best-of-five series | 比赛为五局三胜 他们已在主场输了前两场 |
[03:14] | and roar back to… | 呐喊声再次响起 |
[03:34] | The Yankees will defend their title. | 扬基队即将卫冕冠军 |
[03:56] | It’s okay, Joe, you can leave it on. | 没关系 乔 不必关掉 |
[03:58] | – I don’t need to watch. – Joe, leave it on. | -我不看了 -乔 开着吧 |
[04:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:12] | Imagine how bad it’d be if you were a Yankee player | 试想如果你曾经加入过扬基队 那有多糟糕 |
[04:15] | and didn’t like the taste of champagne. | 还未曾尝过冠军的滋味 |
[04:18] | Better ask to get traded. | 不如主动要求转会 |
[04:20] | You gotta give the Yankees… | 你会给扬基队… |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1604个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:260个,六级词汇:131个,GRE词汇:130个,托福词汇:205个,考研词汇:295个,专四词汇:242个,专八词汇:36个, 所有生词标注共:488个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:23] | …win the big game. | …赢得这场重大比赛 |
[04:25] | What a series that is gonna be in the next… | 下一场分区赛真令人期待 |
[04:37] | You know how many kids are wearing Giambi’s ? | 知道有多少孩子模仿吉昂比吗 |
[04:39] | You know, Oakland Giambi’s | 运动家队的吉昂比 |
[04:41] | jerseys and hats and pictures and posters? | 从他的球衣球帽到照片海报 |
[04:43] | Those same kids will be booing | 当七月扬基队来的时候 |
[04:44] | in July when the Yankees come here. | 这群孩子会倒戈起哄 |
[04:47] | But is it Really Giambi that’s stabbing the back | 但幕后主谋究竟是吉昂比 |
[04:48] | or the Pinstripes on the East Coast? | 还是东岸的扬基队呢 |
[04:51] | You can’t blame them for pilfering the henhouse. | 你不能因为他们抢走球迷而责怪他们 |
[04:54] | I mean the henhouse is there. | 我是说 球迷就是球迷 |
[04:55] | What do you mean by I can’t blame them? | 什么叫我不能责怪他们 |
[04:56] | They’re offering $120 million over six years. | 他们六年内花了一亿两千万美元 |
[05:00] | The New York Yankees have deeper pockets | 纽约扬基队有的是钱 |
[05:02] | and they’re willing to give him money. | 也慷慨大方 |
[05:04] | They’re taking and pilfering our players. | 他们挖走我们的球员 |
[05:05] | It’s like we’re a farm system for the New York Yankees. | 在纽约扬基队看来 我们就像个可以顺手牵羊的农场 |
[05:15] | – How are the guys doing? – That was a killer. | -小伙子们还好吗 -我们打得很辛苦 |
[05:17] | That was a killer. It’s a tough one to swallow. It’s… | 那是场硬仗 对手很强 简直是… |
[05:20] | – They played great. – They played their hearts out. | -他们发挥得很好 -他们很拼命 |
[05:23] | They did. They played fantastic. It just didn’t fall our way. | 他们发挥得很出色 只是未能达成我们的心愿 |
[05:26] | – You’ll do better next year. – But we were close, though. | -明年你会做得更好 -尽管我们只有一步之遥了 |
[05:30] | We were so close. Right there. | 一步之遥 措手可得 |
[05:32] | Almost had it. You gotta feel good about that. | 就快成功了 你得充满信心 |
[05:34] | I feel great about it. I feel great about it. | 我很有信心 太有信心了 |
[05:42] | We’re not gonna do better next year. | 我们明年不会有突破的 |
[05:45] | – Why not? – Well, you know we’re being gutted. | -为什么 -我们正在被挖角 |
[05:48] | We’re losing Giambi, Damon, Isringhausen. | 吉昂比 戴蒙 伊斯林豪森都要走了 |
[05:53] | Done deal. We’re in trouble. | 已成定局 我们有麻烦了 |
[05:56] | You’ll find new guys. You found Jason, you found Damon. | 你可以找新人 就像当初你发掘了杰森和戴蒙 |
[06:00] | – I need more money, Steve. – Billy. | -多给我点钱 史蒂夫 -比利 |
[06:02] | – I need more money. – We don’t have any. | -再多给我点钱 -我们没钱 |
[06:04] | I can’t compete against $120 million with $38 million. | 我无法用三千八百万跟一亿两千万的球队竞争 |
[06:07] | We’re not gonna compete with these teams that have big budgets. | 那些球队预算太多 我们无法与他们抗衡 |
[06:10] | We’re gonna work within the constraints we have, | 我们只能利用有限的资源 |
[06:13] | and you’re gonna do | 你要做的就是 |
[06:14] | the best job that you can recruiting new players. | 竭尽所能招募到新球员 |
[06:17] | We’re not gonna pay $17 million to players. | 我们不会付给球员一千七百万 |
[06:19] | I’m not asking you | 我没有问你要 |
[06:23] | for 10 or 20, 30 million dollars. | 一千万 两千万或三千万美元 |
[06:25] | I’m just asking for a bit of help. | 我只想多一点支持 |
[06:27] | Get me a little closer and I will get you that championship team. | 再多给一点 我就能为你打造一支冠军队 |
[06:30] | I mean, this is why I’m here. This is why you hired me. | 这就是我来的原因 也是你雇我的原因 |
[06:35] | And I gotta ask you, what are we doing here? | 你说 现在我们目标是什么 |
[06:39] | – Billy, I… – if it’s not to win a championship? | -比利 我… -不就是要赢得冠军吗 |
[06:42] | – I wanna win just as much. – That’s my bar. My bar is here. | -我只想多赢几场 -这是我的目标 我的目标在这里 |
[06:46] | My bar is to take this team to the championship. | 我的目标是让这支球队赢得冠军 |
[06:48] | Billy, we’re a small-market team, and you’re a small-market GM. | 比利 我们只是个小球队 你也只是个小经理 |
[06:53] | I’m asking you to be okay not spending money that I don’t have. | 请你别狮子大开口 因为我没那么多钱 |
[06:59] | And I’m asking you to take a deep breath, | 请你先深吸一口气 |
[07:01] | shake off the loss, get back in a room with your guys, | 振作起来 和你的团队一起 |
[07:05] | and figure out how to find replacements for the guys we lost | 好好想想怎样用我们现有的资金 |
[07:08] | with the money that we do have. | 找到替代的球员 |
[07:10] | I’m not leaving here. I’m not– I can’t leave here with that. | 你不能就这样打发我 我不能空手而归 |
[07:17] | What else can I help you with? | 那你还想让我做什么 |
[07:30] | It’s a good offer, and you gotta match it. | 这是个好机会 很适合你 |
[07:33] | I need another day. | 再给我一天时间 |
[07:35] | His mind’s pretty made up. | 他已经决定了 |
[07:36] | I just think you should know that. | 我想你应该明白这点 |
[07:39] | – I got a call. I’ll get you back. – I promise I’ll let him know. | -我得接个电话 一会打给你 -我一定会转告他 |
[07:42] | Bye. | 再见 |
[07:45] | – Yeah? – Billy, Scott. | -哪位 -比利 我是斯科特 |
[07:47] | – Just got off the phone with Dan. – No,you didn’t. | -我刚跟丹通过电话 -不会吧 |
[07:49] | I was surprised he called me. | 他居然给我打电话 |
[07:51] | Stop. I got Johnny for 7.5 or he doesn’t play anywhere else. | 行了 我出七百五十万买乔尼 我要定他了 |
[07:54] | That’s the deal you made. | 那是你答应过的 |
[07:56] | Boston just upped it to 7.75. | 波士顿队刚刚提价到了七百七十五万 |
[08:01] | You there? | 在听吗 |
[08:04] | We had a deal, Scott. | 斯科特 我们有约在先 |
[08:06] | We have a deal, if it’s 8 million. | 如果你出八百万 我们就继续谈 |
[08:08] | – Oh, man, you played me. – I’m just doing my job for my client. | -小子 你耍了我 -我只是在商言商 |
[08:12] | No, you’re playing me, and you’re still playing me. | 不 你在耍我 一直在耍我 |
[08:15] | Congratulations, asshole. You win. | 恭喜你 混蛋 你赢了 |
[08:25] | I like guys that got a little hair on their ass. | 我喜欢屁股有毛的家伙 |
[08:27] | He looks like a Mantle or a Mays, quite frankly. | 说真的 他看上去很像曼托或梅斯[均为著名棒球明星] |
[08:30] | – He’s got a baseball body. – Matty, who do you got? | -一看就是玩棒球的料 -马蒂 你看好谁 |
[08:33] | – I like Geronimo. – Yes. | -我看好杰罗尼莫 -不错 |
[08:35] | The guy’s an athlete. Big, fast, talented. | 那家伙很强壮 很敏捷 极有天赋 |
[08:39] | – Top of my list. – Clean-cut, good face. | -是我的首选 -长得秀气 很帅 |
[08:41] | – Yeah, good jaw. – Five-tools guy. | -没错 尤其是下巴 -全能型球手 |
[08:43] | – Good-looking ballplayer. – Can he hit? | -帅哥球手 -他能击球吗 |
[08:45] | – He’s got a beautiful swing. – The ball explodes off his bat. | -他挥棒姿势优美 -球被他击到就像炸开一样 |
[08:49] | He throws the club head at the ball, and when he connects, | 他准确地用棒头击球 当球棒触球的瞬间 |
[08:52] | he drives it, it pops off the bat. | 球仿佛被他驾驭了一般飞出去 |
[08:54] | You can hear it all over the ballpark. | 那击球声响彻球场 |
[08:57] | A lot of pop come after that. | 回音不绝 |
[08:58] | If he’s good, why doesn’t he hit good? | 如果他很出色 为什么击球不行 |
[09:00] | – He is a good hitter. – He’ll be ready. | -他是个很好的击球手 -很快就可以上场 |
[09:02] | He’s gonna be a good hitter when be put against big-league arms? | 和一流球队比赛时 他击球也能出色吗 |
[09:05] | – Could be great. – I don’t think so. | -应该不差 -我不这么想 |
[09:07] | Kid needs at bats. Give him 400 at bats, he’s gonna get better. | 他需要多练习 打上四百棒 肯定会进步 |
[09:10] | He can play. | 他有这个能力 |
[09:12] | He’s hit everywhere along the line. | 他随时随地都能击球 |
[09:14] | He’s one of our guys. | 他就是我们要找的 |
[09:21] | Okay, let’s move on. | 好吧 看看下一个 |
[09:23] | Artie, who do you like? | 阿蒂 你看好谁 |
[09:25] | I like Perez. He’s got a classic swing. | 我看好佩雷斯 他挥杆的姿势很经典 |
[09:28] | It’s a real clean stroke. | 他击球动作干净利落 |
[09:29] | I don’t know. Can’t hit the curveball. | 我反对 他击不中曲线球 |
[09:31] | There’s some work to be done, | 我承认他有不足 |
[09:33] | I’ll admit that, but he’s noticeable. | 但他的确引人注目 |
[09:35] | – Got an ugly girlfriend. – What’s that mean? | -他女朋友很丑 -那又怎样 |
[09:38] | Ugly girlfriend means no confidence. | 那意味着他没自信 |
[09:40] | You are full of it. Artie is right. This guy’s got an attitude. | 你们太较真了 阿蒂说的没错 佩雷斯很有个性 |
[09:43] | An attitude is good. | 有个性很不错 |
[09:45] | He’s kind of guy walks in a room, | 他是那种人 身体还没进屋 |
[09:46] | his dick’s already been there for two minutes. | 鸡巴早就已经进来了 |
[09:48] | He passes the eye-candy test. Got the looks. | 他通过了养眼测试 长相过关 |
[09:51] | He’s ready to play the part. He just needs playing time. | 他可以上场比赛 只是需要点练习时间 |
[09:54] | I’m just saying, his girlfriend is a six at best. | 顺便说一句 他女朋友充其量穿六码 |
[09:57] | Look, if we’re trying to replace Giambi, this guy could be it. | 听着 如果想找到能替代吉昂比的人 那就是他了 |
[10:00] | I agree with you. | 我同意 |
[10:04] | Damn, Billy, was that a suggestion? | 可恶 比利 你这是在提建议吗 |
[10:08] | Guys, you’re just talking. | 伙计们 你们不停地说话 |
[10:10] | Talking, “La-la-la-la-la,” Like this is business as usual. | 叽里呱啦地像是在谈一件很平常的买卖 |
[10:14] | It’s not. | 但这是棒球 |
[10:16] | We’re trying to solve the problem. | 我们正在努力解决问题 |
[10:18] | Not like this. You’re not looking at the problem. | 这样解决不了问题 你们甚至都没看清问题 |
[10:21] | We’re very aware of the problem. | 我们很清楚问题出在哪里 |
[10:23] | Okay, good. What’s the problem? | 很好 说说看 |
[10:30] | Look, Billy, we all understand what the problem is. We have to- | 听着 比利 我们都了解目前的状况 我们必须… |
[10:35] | Okay, good. What’s the problem? | 很好 问题出在哪里 |
[10:36] | The problem is we have to replace three key players in our lineup. | 我们必须找到三个人来顶替被挖走的主力球员 |
[10:39] | Nope. What’s the problem? | 不对 问题出在哪里 |
[10:41] | We gotta replace these guys with what we have- | 我们得找人来顶替那些准备走的家伙 |
[10:44] | No. What’s the problem, Barry? | 不对 巴里 你说问题出在哪里 |
[10:46] | We need 38 home runs, 120 RBIs | 我们需要找新人填补三十八个全垒打 一百二十个打点 |
[10:49] | and 47 doubles to replace. | 以及四十七个二垒安打 |
[10:51] | The problem we’re trying to solve is that there are rich teams | 我们要解决的问题是 最上面球队很有钱 |
[10:54] | and there are poor teams, then there’s 50 feet of crap, | 这里是没钱的球队 往下是一大群垃圾球队 |
[10:58] | and then there’s us. | 最下面是我们垫底 |
[11:01] | It’s an unfair game. | 这是场不公平的比赛 |
[11:07] | And now we’ve been gutted. We’re like organ donors for the rich. | 而且现在我们被人挖角 就像把器官捐赠给富人 |
[11:11] | Boston’s taken our kidneys, Yankees have taken our heart. | 波士顿队拿走了我们的肾 扬基队得到了我们的心脏 |
[11:14] | And you guys sit around | 可你们围成一圈 |
[11:16] | talking the same old “good body” nonsense | 乱扯一通”好身材”的陈词滥调 |
[11:18] | like we’re selling jeans. | 就像我们是卖牛仔裤的 |
[11:21] | Like we’re looking for Fabio. | 就像我们是在寻找法比奥 |
[11:23] | We got to think differently. | 我们得换个方式思考 |
[11:26] | We are the last dog at the bowl. | 我们球队境遇是最差的 |
[11:29] | You see what happens to the runt of the litter? He dies. | 你们明白一窝幼崽里最弱的那只会怎样 会死掉 |
[11:33] | Billy, that’s a very touching story and everything, | 比利 这个故事很感人 |
[11:36] | but I think we’re all very much aware of what we’re facing here. | 但我想我们很清楚现在的处境 |
[11:40] | You have a lot of experience and wisdom in this room. | 在这里 你的经验和才智都比我们多 |
[11:43] | Now you need to have a little bit faith | 所以你现在应该有点信心 |
[11:44] | and let us do the job of replacing Giambi. | 然后我们一起找到替代吉昂比的人选 |
[11:47] | Is there another first baseman like Giambi? | 还有像吉昂比一样优秀的一垒手吗 |
[11:50] | – No, not really. – No. | -可能没有 -没有 |
[11:51] | – If there was, could we afford him? – Nope. | -假如有的话 我们请的起吗 -请不起 |
[11:54] | Then what the fuck are you talking about, man? | 那你们在胡扯什么呢 |
[11:58] | If we try to play like the Yankees in here, | 如果我们以扬基队一样的方式运作 |
[12:02] | we will lose to the Yankees out there. | 肯定会在赛场上输给他们 |
[12:05] | Boy, that sounds like fortune-cookie wisdom to me, Billy. | 比利 这听来就像是签语饼上的谚语一样 |
[12:09] | – No, that’s just logic. – Who’s Fabio? | -不 这只是逻辑 -法比奥是谁 |
[12:12] | He’s a shortstop. He’s a shortstop from Seattle. | 他是西雅图队的游击手 |
[12:15] | Now, this is no time to push the panic button. | 现在 我们没空惊慌失措 |
[12:18] | Our scouts will find players, | 我们的球探一定能找到合适的 |
[12:19] | Player Development will develop them. | 球员发展计划会提高他们的能力 |
[12:22] | We’ll teach them to play Oakland A baseball. | 我们会教他们如何成为奥克兰队的一员 |
[12:24] | With all due respect, we’ve been doing this a long time. | 恕我直言 一直以来我们都在这么做 |
[12:27] | Why don’t you just let us be responsible for replacing Giambi | 为什么你就不能让我们履行自己的职责 |
[12:31] | with who we know that can play? | 找到一个能够代替吉昂比的球员呢 |
[12:48] | Easy power. And loose. | 发力轻巧 很放松 |
[12:51] | Good face. | 长得不错 |
[13:03] | This son of a bitch is going in the first round. | 这家伙第一轮就能脱颖而出 |
[13:07] | You’re a premium player, Billy. | 比利 你是明日之星 |
[13:09] | You can run, you can field, you can throw, you can hit, | 你能跑垒 防守 传球 还能击球 |
[13:12] | you can hit with power. | 击球很有力 |
[13:14] | That doesn’t come along very often. | 这并不常见 |
[13:16] | This is Tom Martinez, national cross-checker. | 这位是汤姆·马丁内兹 国家级资深球探 |
[13:18] | How are you doing? Billy Beane. | 你好 比利·比恩 |
[13:20] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[13:21] | It’s been a while since I’ve seen a five-tool guy | 我很久没遇见全能型球员了 |
[13:24] | that can do everything. | 他们在场上无所不能 |
[13:26] | I’m hopeful your interest in professional baseball | 我希望你对于职业棒球的兴趣 |
[13:29] | is as strong as ours | 能和我们一样强烈 |
[13:30] | is gonna be in getting you in this upcoming draft. | 这也是我们准备把你列入近期选秀的原因 |
[13:40] | Mr. Beane? | 比恩先生 |
[13:42] | Mark is ready to see you now. | 马克可以见你了 |
[13:51] | – How you doing? – I’m fine. | -你好吗 -很好 |
[13:53] | – How are you? – Good. | -你还好吗 -很好 |
[13:55] | – Hey, Billy. – Hey, Mark. | -比利 -马克 |
[13:58] | Good to see you. Please sit down. | 很高兴见到你 请坐 |
[14:01] | – These are the guys. Guys, Billy. – Boys. | -这是我的伙计们 伙计们 这是比利 -你们好 |
[14:05] | – How’s it going? – It has gone all right. How you been? | -最近怎么样 -都很顺利 你呢 |
[14:07] | You’re filling out that chair nicely. | 你这位子坐得挺稳当啊 |
[14:09] | I got three weeks in it right now. | 我都来三星期了 |
[14:11] | Good, good, man. | 不错 不错啊 伙计 |
[14:13] | – Yeah, man. How you doing? – Fantastic. | -是啊 你怎么样 -好极了 |
[14:15] | – Awesome. – Couldn’t be better. | -了不起 -一切顺利 |
[14:17] | That’s good to hear, Billy. I’m not gonna waste your time. | 比利 真替你高兴 我不想浪费你的时间 |
[14:20] | You just tell me what you’re looking for. | 你想要什么直接说吧 |
[14:22] | Fifty million dollars in additional payroll. | 五千万的额外薪酬 |
[14:25] | You should try Giambi. | 你该去问吉昂比要 |
[14:27] | I’m sorry. Too soon, right? | 抱歉 开玩笑的 |
[14:28] | I want this to be a friendly meeting. | 我希望今天我们能谈得来 |
[14:31] | But it’s not all on your shoulders. | 但这也不全是你的责任 |
[14:32] | – Where’s Steve in this? – Steve’s great. | -史蒂夫的意见呢 -他很支持 |
[14:35] | He’s one hundred persent supportive in rebuilding this team. | 他百分百支持球队的重建 |
[14:37] | That’s what we’re gonna do. | 这正是我们要做的 |
[14:38] | – So, what are you looking for? – A left-handed reliever. | -那你想找什么球员 -惯用左手的候援投手 |
[14:42] | I’m thinking Ricardo Rincon. | 我正考虑里卡多·林孔 |
[14:45] | That’s not gonna happen. | 你别痴心妄想了 |
[14:48] | Not even a discussion? | 一点可能性都没吗 |
[14:50] | Billy, even if you could afford him, respectfully, we love him. | 比利 就算你买得起 我们也舍不得放 |
[14:55] | We’re not about to let him go. | 我们不会放他走的 |
[14:58] | You got this Venezuelan kid coming up from North Carolina. | 你在北卡罗来纳州找到这个委内瑞拉小伙吧 |
[15:00] | We had him. We moved him to Detroit. | 没错 后来转卖给了底特律 |
[15:02] | Huh. What else you thinking? | 你还有其他需要吗 |
[15:06] | Outfielders. | 外野手 |
[15:08] | – To replace Damon? – Yeah. | -用来替代戴蒙吗 -没错 |
[15:11] | – In your price range? No disrespect. – Enough, Mark. | -就凭你的出价吗 我没有冒犯的意思 -够了 马克 |
[15:15] | Uh… Hollins? | 那 霍林斯怎么样 |
[15:20] | – Garcia? – No. | -加西亚呢 -不要 |
[15:23] | Maybe Coste. | 考斯特呢 |
[15:27] | That’s it. | 没其他人了 |
[15:30] | All right, tell me about Garcia. | 好吧 说说加西亚的情况吧 |
[15:32] | To replace Johnny Damon? | 用他代替乔尼·戴蒙吗 |
[15:34] | – Mark, is he healthy? – Yeah, he’s healthy-ish. | -马克 他还身体还行吧 -还行 |
[15:38] | I want to be straight with you | 我还是直接说吧 |
[15:39] | that he had that back thing, right? | 他有点背伤 |
[15:40] | He’ll be ready for spring ball. | 但他参加春季赛没问题 |
[15:42] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[15:43] | I can give you Guthrie if you kick in some cash. | 你再多加点钱 我把格思里给你 |
[15:46] | – Mark Guthrie? – Yeah. | -马克·格思里 -没错 |
[15:47] | – How much cash? – Two hundred K. | -加多少 -二十万 |
[16:08] | – So Garcia’s gonna be a no. – You’re kidding me, right? | -加西亚可不行 -你开玩笑吧 |
[16:13] | – You’re kidding me. – I’m not. | -你们在开玩笑吧 -我很认真的 |
[16:17] | Okay. Straight up, Garcia for Guthrie, no kicker. | 好了 废话少说 用加西亚换格思里 |
[16:21] | – No kicker? – Straight up. | -什么意思 -痛快点 |
[16:27] | I think it’s gonna be a hard no on Garcia, | 加西亚绝对不行 |
[16:30] | but let’s just keep going. | 那谈谈其他人吧 |
[16:32] | What else you thinking? | 你还有其他人选吗 |
[16:33] | What are we doing? Is this business? | 我们在干什么 这算是谈买卖吗 |
[16:35] | This is the way we do business in Cleveland. | 在克利夫兰 我们就这样谈买卖 |
[17:24] | – Hello. – Who are you? | -你好 -你是谁 |
[17:29] | I’m Peter Brand. | 我叫皮特·布兰德 |
[17:32] | What do you do? | 你是干什么的 |
[17:35] | I’m special assistant to Mark Shapiro. | 我是马克·夏皮罗的特别助理 |
[17:38] | So, what do you do? | 那你都干些什么 |
[17:42] | Mostly player analysis right now. | 目前主要做球员分析 |
[17:46] | Been on the job long? First job in baseball? | 干很久了吗 第一次接触棒球工作吗 |
[17:51] | It’s my first job anywhere. | 这就是我第一份工作 |
[17:53] | – Wow, congrats. – Thank you. | -那恭喜你了 -谢谢 |
[17:56] | First job. Whose nephew are you? | 第一份工作 你是谁的亲戚吗 |
[18:01] | Why does Mark listen to you? | 马克为什么听你的 |
[18:06] | I don’t think, uh… | 我没觉得… |
[18:08] | I don’t think he does very often. | 没觉得他经常听我的 |
[18:12] | He just did. | 他刚才就听你的了 |
[18:16] | Well, in that circumstance, | 我想在那种情况下 |
[18:18] | I think he was more listening to Bruce than myself. | 他通常会听布鲁斯的意见而不是我的 |
[18:22] | Mm-hm. Who are you? | 那你到底是谁 |
[18:27] | I’m Peter Brand. | 我叫皮特·布兰德 |
[18:32] | I don’t give a rat’s ass what your name is. | 我对你的名字一点没兴趣 |
[18:36] | What happened in there? | 刚才怎么回事 |
[18:39] | What happened in that room? | 刚才在那屋里你说了什么 |
[18:42] | I’m not quite sure what you’re asking me, Mr. Beane. | 比恩先生 你到底想问什么 |
[18:45] | What did you tell Bruce? | 你跟布鲁斯说了什么 |
[18:48] | I just told Bruce I like Garcia. | 我只是告诉他 我喜欢加西亚 |
[18:51] | You like Garcia. Why? | 你为什么喜欢加西亚 |
[18:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:21] | There is an epidemic failure within the game | 业内普遍对棒球存在误解 |
[19:24] | to understand what is really happening. | 不懂内在玄机 |
[19:27] | And this leads people who run Major League Baseball teams | 这就导致了那些职业棒球经理人 |
[19:32] | to misjudge their players and mismanage their teams. | 错误地评估球员 错误地管理球队 |
[19:40] | I apologize. | 对不起 冒犯了 |
[19:43] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[19:48] | Okay. People who run ball clubs, | 好 那些运作棒球俱乐部的人 |
[19:50] | they think in terms of buying players. | 只会想方设法买进球员 |
[19:53] | Your goal shouldn’t be to buy players. | 但你的目标不该是买球员 |
[19:56] | Your goal should be to buy wins. | 而应该是如何赢得比赛 |
[19:58] | And in order to buy wins, you need to buy runs. | 为了赢得胜利 就得买得分高手 |
[20:02] | You’re trying to replace Johnny Damon. | 你在寻觅顶替乔尼·戴蒙的人 |
[20:04] | The Red Sox see Johnny Damon | 在红袜队看来 |
[20:06] | and they see a star who’s worth $7.5 million a year. | 乔尼·戴蒙是个年薪七百五十万的球星 |
[20:10] | When I see Johnny Damon, | 但在我眼里 |
[20:13] | what I see is… | 我觉得… |
[20:17] | an imperfect understanding of where runs come from. | 他都不懂如何得分 |
[20:21] | The guy’s got a great glove. | 他有很强的防守能力 |
[20:22] | He’s a decent leadoff hitter. He can steal bases. | 是个不错的第一棒击球手 还会盗垒 |
[20:26] | But is he worth the $7.5 million a year | 但他难道真值得波士顿红袜队 |
[20:28] | that the Boston Red Sox are paying him? | 付给他七百五十万年薪吗 |
[20:30] | No. No. | 不 不值 |
[20:33] | Baseball thinking is medieval. | 人们对棒球的想法很低级 |
[20:35] | They are asking all the wrong questions. | 他们连自己想要什么都不知道 |
[20:38] | And if I say it to anybody, | 如果我跟其他人这么说 |
[20:40] | I’m ostracized. I’m a leper. | 就会被排斥 大家就会躲着我 |
[20:42] | So that’s why I’m cagey about this with you. | 所以我尽量避免和你谈这些 |
[20:47] | That’s why- | 这就是为什么… |
[20:48] | I respect you, Mr. Beane, and if you want full disclosure, | 比恩先生 我很敬重你 我再多披露一点 |
[20:53] | I think it’s a good thing that you got Damon off your payroll. | 我想失去戴蒙这个球员没什么坏处 |
[20:57] | I think it opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities. | 反而会带给你各种有趣的可能性 |
[21:02] | – Where you from, Pete? – Maryland. | -皮特 你是哪里人 -马里兰州 |
[21:05] | – Where’d you go to school? – Yale. I went to Yale. | -读哪所大学 -耶鲁 耶鲁大学 |
[21:10] | – What’d you study? – Economics. | -你学什么专业 -经济学 |
[21:13] | I studied economics. | 我读的是经济学 |
[21:19] | Yale, economics and baseball. | 耶鲁 经济学 棒球赛 |
[21:25] | You’re funny, Pete. | 皮特 你真有意思 |
[21:51] | Tell me, why Billy? | 告诉我 你为什么看上比利 |
[21:52] | What is it that makes him special? | 他有什么特别之处 |
[21:55] | Very rare do you come upon a young man like Billy | 很难遇到像比利这么年轻的球员 |
[21:59] | who can run, who can field, who can throw, who can hit, | 既能得分又能防守 既能投球又能击球 |
[22:02] | and who can hit with power. | 而且击球有力 |
[22:04] | Those five tools, you don’t see that very often. | 同时具备这五项的人很少见 |
[22:08] | Most of the youngsters that we have an interest in | 我们感兴趣的大多数年轻球员 |
[22:11] | have one or two tools, | 都只具备一项或两项 |
[22:12] | and we’re hoping to develop an extra one. | 而通过我们的培养 希望他们可以再多一项 |
[22:15] | Your son has five. | 你儿子已经具备五项 |
[22:17] | We’re looking at a guy | 我们正在寻找一个 |
[22:19] | that’s a potential superstar for us in New York. | 有潜力成为纽约全明星的年轻人 |
[22:21] | The time is now to get him started. | 他的棒球生涯将就此开始 |
[22:24] | We’re prepared to make a sizable financial commitment. | 我们准备了可观的培养基金 |
[22:27] | The Mets are gonna stand behind Billy | 我们大都会队将成为比利坚实的后盾 |
[22:29] | because we expect him to be our big-league center fielder. | 因为我们期待他成为最棒的中场手 |
[22:33] | This check here represents the offer | 这张支票代表了 |
[22:35] | that the New York Mets would be making to Billy. | 我们纽约大都会队发给比利的邀请函 |
[22:38] | You do know that | 你们应该了解 |
[22:40] | he’s been accepted to Stanford on a full scholarship? | 比利已经接受了斯坦福大学的全额奖学金 |
[22:44] | I do. | 我知道 |
[22:45] | So he can do both? | 那么 他可以二者兼顾吗 |
[22:48] | Unfortunately, he can’t do Stanford and professional baseball. | 很可惜 他不可能在斯坦福打职业棒球 |
[22:52] | He would have to pick one or the other. | 他必须选择其一 |
[22:56] | If he wants to be center fielder for the Mets, | 如果他想成为大都会队的中场手 |
[22:59] | wants to be a baseball player, | 想成为一名棒球运动员 |
[23:01] | he really needs to accept this | 那么他必须接受这份工作 |
[23:03] | as life’s first occupation, first career. | 迈出他职业生涯的第一步 |
[23:06] | We’re all told at some point | 某一时刻 我们会被告知 |
[23:07] | we can no longer play the children’s game. | 我们不能再像孩童般天真 |
[23:10] | We just don’t know when that’s gonna be. | 只是不知何时会发生 |
[23:13] | Some of us are told at 18, | 有些在年少之时 |
[23:14] | some of us are told at 40, but we’re all told. | 有些在不惑之年 但终归会发生 |
[23:18] | But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. | 而这是他千载难逢的机会 |
[23:21] | We want you badly, and we think | 我们非常需要你 同时我们觉得 |
[23:23] | that this amount of money expresses that desire. | 这笔钱足以表达我们对你的渴望 |
[23:26] | Billy, this is your decision, and whatever that decision is, | 比利 你自己决定 但无论你怎样选择 |
[23:29] | you know it’s fine with your mother and I. | 我和你母亲都会支持你 |
[23:43] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s Billy Beane. | -你好 -我是比利·比恩 |
[23:46] | – Hey, what time is it? – I don’t know. | -这都几点了 -我不知道 |
[23:50] | Listen, would you have drafted me in the first round? | 听着 你是不是已经计划让我去打首场比赛了 |
[23:55] | What? | 你说什么 |
[23:56] | After I left, you looked me up on your computer. | 我走后 你在电脑上搜索了我的个人信息 |
[24:00] | Would you have drafted me in the first round? | 你应该计划着让我打首场比赛吧 |
[24:03] | I did, yeah. You were a good player. | 对 因为你曾是个出色的球员 |
[24:06] | Cut the crap, man. | 伙计 别废话 |
[24:08] | Would you have drafted me in the first round? | 换成你决策 当时会把我排在首发吗 |
[24:12] | I’d have taken you in the ninth round. No signing bonus. | 我会把你排第九场 并且没有签约奖金 |
[24:17] | I imagine you would’ve passed and taken that scholarship. | 那样或许你会放弃 然后去上大学 |
[24:22] | Yeah. | 也许吧 |
[24:27] | Pack your bags, Pete. | 收拾收拾 皮特 |
[24:30] | I just bought you from the Cleveland Indians. | 我刚把你从克利夫兰印第安人挖过来了 |
[24:47] | – Is it attached to that clamp? – Yeah, let me unhook it. | -这跟夹钳连着吗 -对 我这就解开 |
[24:59] | Slide it up right there. | 从那边滑下去 |
[25:00] | To the left. I did. | 左边吗 好了 |
[25:02] | – Yeah, yeah. – Hang on, it’s wet. | -对 对 -等等 还湿着呢 |
[25:27] | Morning, Suzanne. | 早上好 苏珊娜 |
[25:28] | – Coffee on? – Yes. | -咖啡好了吗 -好了 |
[25:30] | Great. | 很好 |
[25:32] | Billy Beane’s office. | 比利·比恩办公室 |
[25:33] | – Peter Brand. – Billy. | -皮特·布兰德 -比利 |
[25:35] | – Hi, how you doing? – Nice to see you. | -你好 -见到你很高兴 |
[25:37] | Good to have you here. | 欢迎你加入 |
[25:39] | Boy, you move in fast. | 小子 来得挺快 |
[25:40] | Yeah, yeah. I got here early this morning. | 是啊 今早到的 |
[25:45] | – All moved in. – Yeah. | -安置妥当了 -好 |
[25:49] | Hey, Billy, | 比利 |
[25:51] | I wanted you to see | 你看一下吧 |
[25:53] | these player evaluations that you asked me to do. | 你让我做的这些球员的评估 |
[25:57] | I asked you to do three. | 我只让你评估三个 |
[26:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:01] | – To evaluate three players. – Yeah. | -评估三个球员 -没错 |
[26:04] | How many did you do? | 那你评估了几个 |
[26:06] | Forty-seven. | 四十七个 |
[26:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:12] | Actually, 51. | 其实是五十一个 |
[26:13] | I don’t know why I lied just then. | 我也不知道为什么刚才说漏了 |
[26:24] | Why don’t you walk me through the board? | 不如和我一起给董事会解释一下吧 |
[26:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:56] | Using this equation in the upper left, | 由左上角这个方程可知 |
[26:58] | I’m projecting that we need to win at least 99 games | 要想进季后赛 |
[27:02] | in order to make it to the postseason. | 我们至少得赢九十九场 |
[27:04] | We need to score at least 814 runs in order to win those games | 要想赢九十九场 至少要得八百十四分 |
[27:08] | and allow no more than 645 runs. | 并将失分控制在六百四十五分以下 |
[27:17] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[27:18] | This is a code that I’ve written for our year-to-year projections. | 这是我写的同比数据预测代码 |
[27:22] | This is building in the intelligence | 要建立这些情报 |
[27:24] | that we have to project players. | 我们必须研究球员 |
[27:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:27] | It’s about getting things down to one number. | 将所有信息通过计算得到一个数值 |
[27:30] | Using the stats the way we read them, | 通过解读这些统计数字 |
[27:33] | we’ll find value in players that nobody else can see. | 就能发现别人意想不到的球员价值 |
[27:39] | People are overlooked | 球员通常会由于 |
[27:41] | for a variety of biased reasons and perceived flaws. | 各种偏见和臆断而被埋没 |
[27:45] | Age, appearance, personality. | 比如年龄 外貌 性格 |
[27:48] | Bill James and mathematics cut straight through that. | 比尔·詹姆斯的数学理论克服了这些弊端 |
[27:55] | Billy, of the 20,000 notable players for us to consider, | 比利 在我们关注的两万名球员中 |
[27:58] | I believe that there is a championship team | 肯定能找到我们承担得起的二十五人 |
[28:01] | of 25 people that we can afford, | 组建一支冠军队 |
[28:04] | because everyone else in baseball undervalues them. | 因为别人会低估他们 |
[28:07] | Like an island of misfit toys. | 就像一堆还没发光的金子 |
[28:15] | Billy, this is Chad Bradford. | 比利 他是查德·布莱德福特 |
[28:18] | He’s a relief pitcher. | 是名候援投手 |
[28:18] | He is one of the most undervalued players in baseball. | 他是棒球界被埋没最深的人才之一 |
[28:23] | His defect is that he throws funny. | 他缺点是投球姿势古怪 |
[28:27] | Nobody in the big leagues cares about him | 因为他一副小丑相 |
[28:29] | because he looks funny. | 大联盟里没人在意他 |
[28:31] | This guy could be not just the best pitcher in our pen, | 他不仅会成为我们队里最佳的候援投手 |
[28:34] | but one of the most effective relief pitchers in all baseball. | 在整个棒球界也会大放异彩 |
[28:38] | This guy should cost $3 million a year. | 这名球员身价一年三百万 |
[28:41] | We can get him for 237,000. | 我们二十三万七就可以拿下 |
[29:07] | Billy. | 比利 |
[29:10] | – That it? – Yeah. | -名单吗 -是 |
[29:43] | Hey, Art. | 阿尔特 |
[29:45] | Can I talk to you before you get started? | 趁还没开会 我能先跟你谈谈吗 |
[29:47] | – I’m a bit busy right now. – I know. | -我正忙着呢 -我知道 |
[29:51] | – I know. – Okay. | -我知道 -好吧 |
[29:53] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[29:54] | Art. | 我是阿尔特 |
[29:55] | – Peter Brand. – Nice to meet you. | -皮特·布兰德 -见到你很高兴 |
[29:56] | Where the hell’s Pete? | 皮特怎么还不进来 |
[29:58] | That’s Pete. | 这是皮特 |
[30:00] | Grab a seat. I’ll be right back. | 找个座位 我一会就来 |
[30:04] | All right, where did you say he’s at? | 你说他哪儿来的 |
[30:06] | Okay. He’s on… | 好吧 他是… |
[30:08] | – Who’s the kid? – A friend of mine. | -那小子是谁 -我一个朋友 |
[30:12] | I can’t manage this team under a one-year contract. | 就一年合同 这队伍我可培养不起来 |
[30:15] | Well, sure you can. | 你当然能 |
[30:19] | No, I can’t. | 不能 |
[30:21] | Okay. I gotta put a team on the field. | 这样吧 我先尽快组个队 |
[30:24] | After that, I’ll take a good long look at your contract. | 随后我再仔细看看你的合同 |
[30:28] | How about you deal with the manager’s contract, | 我看还是先搞定教练的合同 |
[30:30] | then put a team on the field. | 再组队吧 |
[30:31] | Art, at this moment, | 阿尔特 目前这情况 |
[30:33] | if a grounder’s hit to first, nobody’s there to stop it. | 球滚到一垒都没人捡 |
[30:36] | It’s not easy doing what I do | 合同就一年 |
[30:38] | under the cloud of a one-year contract. | 在这种压力下我很难办 |
[30:41] | Okay, I understand that. | 是的 我理解 |
[30:42] | – I’ve been there. – I know you have. | -我也这样 -我知道 |
[30:44] | A one-year contract means the same thing | 一年的合同没法干 |
[30:47] | to a manager as to a player. | 对于教练和球员来说都一样 |
[30:49] | There’s not a lot of faith there | 上赛季赢了一百零二场还没信心 |
[30:52] | which is strange after a 102-win season. | 这也太奇怪了 |
[30:55] | I see. | 我明白 |
[30:57] | If you lose the last game of the season, | 如果你输了赛季最后一场 |
[30:59] | nobody gives a shit. | 就什么也得不到 |
[31:04] | So it’s on me now? | 都是我的问题吗 |
[31:06] | No, Art, it’s on me. | 不 阿尔特 是我的问题 |
[31:08] | And the kid is the new assistant GM. | 还有 那小子是我的新助理 |
[31:11] | – Okay. – Okay, fellas. | -好 -好 开会了 |
[31:13] | Hey, Billy. | 比利 |
[31:25] | You can’t deny his offensive output. He can play. | 他的攻击力毋容置疑 他打得很好 |
[31:28] | And we need people that can play. | 我们要的就是打得好的人 |
[31:38] | Who do you wanna talk about first? | 你想先讨论哪个队员 |
[31:57] | None of them. | 这些人都不行 |
[32:01] | Billy, we got 38 home runs, | 比利 我们得完成三十八个本垒打 |
[32:02] | 120 RBIs to make up for. | 一百二十分打点 |
[32:03] | Guys, you’re still trying to replace Giambi. | 伙计们 你们一心想找人替代吉昂比 |
[32:05] | I told you we can’t do it, and we can’t do it. | 我告诉过你们这行不通 肯定行不通 |
[32:09] | Now, what we might be able to do is re-create him. | 我们现在能做的是重新合成一个吉昂比 |
[32:14] | – Re-create him in the aggregate. – The what? | -从总量上合成他 -什么意思 |
[32:17] | Giambi’s on-base percentage was 0.477. | 吉昂比的上垒率是0.477 |
[32:20] | Damon’s on-base, 0.324. | 戴蒙上垒率是0.324 |
[32:22] | And Olmedo’s was 0.291. | 奥尔梅多是0.291 |
[32:24] | Add that up and you get… | 三个加起来是 |
[32:29] | Do you want me to speak? | 我来说吗 |
[32:32] | When I point at you, yeah. | 我指你就是让你说话 |
[32:34] | – 1.092. – Divided by three. | -1.092 -除以三 |
[32:37] | – 0.364. – That’s what we’re looking for. | -0.364 -我们要的就是这个 |
[32:40] | Three ballplayers whose average OBP is… | 三名球员的平均上垒率是 |
[32:44] | 0.364 0.364. | |
[32:45] | – Wait, that doesn’t come out right. – It’s right, Artie. | -等等 这样算不对 -没错的 阿蒂 |
[32:49] | – Billy. – You gotta carry the one. | -比利 -你得加上这个 |
[32:51] | – Billy. – Scratch this out. | -比利 -把这个划掉 |
[32:53] | Yeah. | 说 |
[32:55] | Who’s that? | 他是谁 |
[32:56] | That’s Pete. | 他是皮特 |
[32:59] | Does Pete really need to be here? | 有必要让他参与讨论吗 |
[33:02] | Yes, he does. | 是的 有必要 |
[33:04] | Okay, here’s who we want. | 好 我们要选的球员 |
[33:07] | Number one, Jason’s little brother, Jeremy. | 第一个 杰森的弟弟 杰里米 |
[33:10] | – Oh, God. – Billy, that’s trouble. | -老天爷 -比利 他是个大麻烦 |
[33:13] | Billy, look, if I… Yeah. Billy, if I may, | 比利 我能不能… 说句话 |
[33:16] | he’s had his problems off the field, | 他场下的作风有问题 |
[33:19] | and we know what he can’t do on the field. | 而且他场上的缺点我们也清楚 |
[33:21] | He’s getting thick around the waist. | 腰上越来越多赘肉 |
[33:23] | There’s reports about him on weed, in strip clubs. | 还有报道说他在脱衣舞俱乐部吸大麻 |
[33:26] | His on-base percentage is all we’re looking at now. | 我们现在只关心他的上垒率 |
[33:29] | And Jeremy gets on base an awful lot | 杰里米的上垒率非常不错 |
[33:31] | for a guy who only costs 285,000. | 只需二十八万五就能买到 |
[33:34] | – Jesus, Billy. – Number two. | -天啊 比利 -第二个 |
[33:39] | – David Justice. – Oh, no. | -大卫·贾斯蒂斯 -不是吧 |
[33:41] | – His legs are gone. – Not a good idea. | -他跑都跑不动 -想什么呢 |
[33:43] | Old Man Justice? Why is that? | 老贾斯蒂斯 怎么会想到他呢 |
[33:45] | Steinbrenner’s so pissed at his decline, | 他衰退得很厉害 斯坦布鲁纳都快气死了 |
[33:47] | he’s willing to eat his contract to get rid of him. | 为甩掉他恨不得把合同吃了 |
[33:50] | Exactly. Ten years ago, Justice, big name. | 没错 十年前 贾斯蒂斯名噪一时 |
[33:53] | Been in lot of big games. | 参加过很多大型比赛 |
[33:54] | He’s gonna really help our season tickets early in the year, | 在赛季初 还能靠他拉动上座率 |
[33:58] | but in the dog days in July, August, | 如果到了七 八月这种赛季末 |
[34:00] | we’re lucky if he’s gonna hit his weight. | 他能跑得动就是万幸了 |
[34:02] | Billy, his legs are gone, and he’s a defensive liability. | 比利 他已经跑不动了 防守也不行 |
[34:06] | I question whether the bat speed’s there. | 我怀疑他的击球速度 |
[34:09] | – His legs are gone. – Grady. | -他已经跑不动了 -格雷迪 |
[34:10] | We’ll be lucky to get 60 games out of him. | 他能上六十场就烧高香了 |
[34:12] | Why do you like him? | 你为什么这么青睐他 |
[34:15] | Because he gets on base. | 因为他能上垒 |
[34:18] | – What is this? – What are we doing? | -这算什么 -我们这是在干嘛 |
[34:20] | Okay, number three, | 好 第三个 |
[34:28] | – Scott Hatteberg. – Who? | -斯科特·海特伯格 -谁 |
[34:30] | – Hatteberg? – Exactly. | -哈特伯格 -没错 |
[34:31] | He sounds like an Oakland A already. | 听起来他好像已经是我们的人了 |
[34:33] | Yes, he’s had a little problem with… | 是的 他是有点小问题 |
[34:35] | Little problem? He can’t throw. | 那算小问题吗 他都不会投球 |
[34:38] | He’s a career. 260 hitter. | 他是职业选手 击球率0.26 |
[34:40] | The best part of his career is over. | 他的鼎盛期已经结束了 |
[34:41] | – It’s just getting started. – Boston wants to cut him. | -那只是刚开始 -波士顿要裁掉他 |
[34:44] | – No one wants to pick him up. – Good. He’s cheap. | -没人愿意用他 -很好 那就会更便宜 |
[34:47] | Let me get this straight. | 我直说了吧 |
[34:49] | You’re gonna get a guy | 你想签一个 |
[34:50] | that’s been released by half the organizations in baseball | 联盟里半数以上球队弃用的球员 |
[34:54] | because he’s got nonrepairable nerve damage in his elbow | 因为他是个胳膊有残疾 |
[34:55] | and can’t throw. | 连投球都不会 |
[34:58] | He can’t throw and he can’t field. But what can he do? | 不能投球不能防守 那他能干什么 |
[35:01] | Oh, boy. | 哎呀 |
[35:03] | Check your reports | 看看你们的会议记录 |
[35:04] | or I’m gonna point at Pete. | 不行我让皮特再说一遍 |
[35:05] | – He gets on base. – He can get on base. | -他能上垒 -他能上垒 |
[35:08] | So he walks a lot. | 也就是说他能保送 |
[35:09] | He gets on base a lot, Rocco. | 他上垒很多 罗科 |
[35:11] | Do I care if it’s a walk or a hit? | 我用得着在意 是保送还是安打吗 |
[35:13] | Pete? | 皮特 |
[35:15] | – You do not. – I do not. | -不用 -我不在乎 |
[35:17] | I got 37 free agents that are better than those three guys. | 我那三十七个自由球员比那三个家伙强 |
[35:21] | Wait a minute, let me get this straight. | 等等 我直说吧 |
[35:23] | So you’re not gonna bring in one | 你不打算用一名 |
[35:26] | but three defective players to replace Giambi? | 而是用三名防守球员来代替吉昂比 |
[35:30] | You’re not buying into this Bill James bullshit? | 你不会真信了比尔·詹姆斯那套狗屁理论吧 |
[35:32] | This is the new direction of the A’s. | 这是运动家队的新策略 |
[35:35] | We are card counters at the blackjack table | 我们是牌桌上算牌客 |
[35:38] | and we’re gonna turn the odds on the casino. | 我们要计算赌局的赔率 |
[35:42] | I don’t see it. | 我不明白 |
[35:43] | Seriously, guys. I think we have to remember this is the man. | 说真的 大伙别忘了就是这家伙 |
[35:47] | He answers to no one except ownership and God. | 他除了老板和上帝 谁都可以不理 |
[35:52] | And he doesn’t have to answer to us. | 更不用说我们了 |
[35:55] | We make suggestions, he makes decisions. | 我们提建议 他做决策 |
[35:58] | That’s all fine and well, but we’ve been working our asses off | 是这样没错 但为了俱乐部的发展 |
[36:01] | for weeks to make this club better, | 我们累死累活干了几星期 |
[36:04] | and you’re shitting all over it. | 在你眼里狗屁不如 |
[36:05] | This is not a discussion. | 这事不用讨论了 |
[36:10] | What are we discussing? | 那我们讨论什么 |
[36:12] | Barry, not a discussion. | 巴里 不必讨论 |
[36:19] | Billy, man, | 比利 老兄 |
[36:22] | I think there’s one thing you’re forgetting. | 我想你忽略了一件事 |
[36:25] | None of those three guys knows how to play first base. | 这三个人里没一个能打一垒 |
[36:30] | Well, you’re gonna have to teach one of them. | 那你就得教会一个 |
[36:32] | Teach? | 现教 |
[36:35] | Which one? | 教哪个 |
[36:48] | This is really the kickoff to the holiday season | 我们的假期将在西雅图市中心 |
[36:49] | here in downtown Seattle. | 拉开序幕 |
[36:52] | It took weeks of planning to lead up to the big event, | 此项盛事已筹备了数周 |
[36:55] | but it was well worth it. | 当然这一切都是值得的 |
[36:57] | The weather was ideal. People are still having a great time. | 天气非常好 人们享受着快乐时光 |
[37:00] | Thousands of people were out earlier. | 成千上万的人早已涌向街头 |
[37:02] | We have a nice recap for you | 我们会为您报道 |
[37:04] | of all the great events taking place downtown in Seattle. | 西雅图市中心所有大型活动的要闻 |
[37:12] | – Hello? – Scott? | -你好 -斯科特 |
[37:14] | Yes. | 我是 |
[37:15] | It’s Billy Beane of the Oakland A’s. | 我是奥克兰运动家队的比利·比恩 |
[37:17] | Yes. | 你好 |
[37:18] | – Can we talk? – Yeah. | -能谈谈吗 -好 |
[37:21] | Do you wanna let us in? | 能让我们进去吗 |
[37:24] | – Pardon me? – We’re out front. | -什么意思 -我们就在前面 |
[37:28] | – What? – On the curb. | -什么 -我们在门口 |
[37:30] | Uh, yeah, yeah. | 好 好 |
[37:35] | Honey? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[37:40] | – Oh, thank you. – Thank you, ma’am. | -谢谢 -谢谢 夫人 |
[37:42] | Very kind. | 太客气了 |
[37:47] | How’s the elbow, Scott? | 胳膊肘好点了吗 斯科特 |
[37:49] | You know, it’s good. It’s really good. It’s great. | 还好 挺好的 很好 |
[37:59] | I can’t throw the ball at all. Yeah. | 我还是没法投球 |
[38:01] | You’ve thrown your last ball from behind home plate. | 你的最后一球是在本垒投的 |
[38:04] | That’s what I’d say. | 我没说错吧 |
[38:07] | Good news is, we want you at first. | 好消息是 我们想跟你合作 |
[38:17] | We want you to play first base for the Oakland A’s. | 想请你去奥克兰运动家队打一垒 |
[38:22] | Okay, well. | 好 |
[38:25] | I’ve only ever played catcher. | 我只当过接球手 |
[38:26] | Scott, you’re not a catcher anymore. | 斯科特 你做不了接球手了 |
[38:30] | If you were, our call wouldn’t have been the only one you got. | 不然 就不会只有我们来找你了 |
[38:34] | – Yeah. Hey, listen, no, I appreciate it. – You’re welcome. | -是啊 太感激了 -不客气 |
[38:39] | – But the thing is, is… – You don’t know how to play first base. | -但问题是… -你不会打一垒 |
[38:44] | – Scott. – That’s right. | -斯科特 -没错 |
[38:46] | It’s not that hard, Scott. | 斯科特 这没那么难 |
[38:47] | – Tell him, Wash. – It’s incredibly hard. | -沃什 告诉他 -非常之难 |
[38:50] | Hey, anything worth doing is. And we’re gonna teach you. | 这值得一试 我们会训练你 |
[38:53] | Wait a minute here. I mean, but what about… | 等等 杰森怎么办 |
[38:56] | Jason’s gone, Scott. | 他走了 斯科特 |
[38:58] | You want me to take Giambi’s spot at first base? | 你想让我替吉昂比打一垒吗 |
[39:01] | – Yeah. – What about the fans? | -是的 -球迷怎么办 |
[39:02] | Maybe I can teach one of them. | 或许我可以教教他们 |
[39:04] | The fans don’t… Good one. | 球迷不会… 真有你的 |
[39:06] | Fans don’t run my ball club. | 经营球队的不是球迷 |
[39:07] | Honey, what are you doing awake? | 宝贝 怎么还没睡 |
[39:10] | Sweetheart, can you…? | 亲爱的 你能不能… |
[39:14] | That’s my daughter. | 我女儿 |
[39:17] | You got kids? | 你有小孩吗 |
[39:20] | Uh, yeah, a daughter. | 有个女儿 |
[39:22] | Scott, this is a contract to play ball for the Oakland A’s. | 斯科特 这是奥克兰运动家队的合同 |
[39:26] | A copy’s been sent over to your agent. | 副本已经发给你的经纪人了 |
[39:29] | Discuss with your wife, let us know. | 跟你爱人商量一下 给我们个答复 |
[39:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:34] | – Bye-bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[39:35] | – And, Scott. – Yeah? | -对了 斯科特 -什么事 |
[39:37] | Don’t tell anyone about the first-base thing. | 别跟其他人提起一垒的事 |
[39:40] | – Yes, sir. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[39:41] | – Happy holidays. – All right. | -假期愉快 -好的 |
[40:09] | – Hey, Sharon. – Hi, Billy. | -你好 莎伦 -你好 比利 |
[40:11] | – Is she ready? – She’s out with friends. | -她准备好了吗 -她跟朋友出去了 |
[40:15] | But she’ll be back. Come in. | 一会儿就回来 进来吧 |
[40:18] | – Okay. – Yeah, she’s right here. Hold on. | -好吧 -对 她在呢 稍等 |
[40:20] | Here you go. | 给你电话 |
[40:24] | – Here, wanna have a seat? – Yeah. | -过来 坐吧 -好的 |
[40:36] | You good, Billy? | 还好吗 比利 |
[40:37] | Yeah. How are you, Alan? | 很好 你呢 艾伦 |
[40:39] | Good. Really good. Things are peaceful around here. | 很好 很不错 这里很清静 |
[40:44] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[40:46] | Thanks, Alan. | 谢谢 艾伦 |
[40:48] | I haven’t got to see you since playoffs. | 自从季后赛还没见过你 |
[40:51] | I wanted to say that New York was heartbreaking. | 纽约的那场比赛确实令人惋惜 |
[40:54] | I’m sure for you too. | 你肯定也很难过 |
[40:55] | Not many teams make it that far, | 没有几个队能撑那么久 |
[40:57] | and to watch you go that far was… | 看着你们撑了那么久 真是… |
[40:59] | – It was really an accomplishment. – Well, that’s nice. | -的确很厉害 -还好吧 |
[41:06] | How is the team shaping up? | 球队还好吗 |
[41:08] | – Team’s good. Rebuilding. – Good. | -还好 在重组 -很好 |
[41:12] | I read you lost Giambonni and Damon. | 我听说吉昂博尼和戴蒙走了 |
[41:15] | – Giambi. – Giambi. | -吉昂比 -吉昂比 |
[41:17] | Yeah. Damon, Isringhausen. | 是的 戴蒙 和伊斯林豪森 |
[41:19] | They’re really… They’re gone? | 他们真走了吗 |
[41:22] | Gone. Yesterday’s news. | 走了 已经不是新闻了 |
[41:24] | – That’s terrible. – No, but that is a tough situation. | -太糟糕了 -不 那是有点难办 |
[41:27] | That’s… | 那是… |
[41:29] | You’re gonna be fine, though. You always figure something out. | 不过会好起来的 你总有办法 |
[41:36] | Where is she? Where was she? Down the street or…? | 她人呢 去哪儿了 上街了还是… |
[41:40] | Oh, sorry, yeah. I just talked to her on her cell. | 抱歉 是的 我刚跟她通过电话 |
[41:42] | She’s coming up the hill. | 她在爬山呢 |
[41:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:45] | She’s got a cell phone? | 她还有个手机吗 |
[41:48] | – Yeah. – A 12-year-old? | -是的 -十二岁就用手机吗 |
[41:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[41:55] | For emergencies. | 以防万一 |
[41:58] | Big parenting decision. | 这事该父母决定吧 |
[42:01] | But it’s something that, you know, we, you know, all should discuss, | 这事 我们 是应该讨论一下 |
[42:05] | because if you have any objections, of course… | 因为如果你反对的话 当然… |
[42:09] | Her mother and I will discuss it. | 我和她妈会讨论的 |
[42:12] | But thank you. | 但还是要谢谢你 |
[42:17] | Any of these? | 这些呢 |
[42:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:21] | – Do you…? – This one’s cool. | -你喜欢吗 -这把很酷 |
[42:23] | Is that good or bad? Butterflies. | 带蝴蝶那把 好不好 |
[42:26] | They’re okay. | 还行 |
[42:27] | Look, that one’s pretty. I like the red. | 这把好看 我喜欢红色 |
[42:30] | Should we try? | 试一下吗 |
[42:33] | No? | 不试吗 |
[42:34] | – Oh, I like this one. – Yeah? | -我喜欢这把 -是吗 |
[42:36] | Dad, look at this one. | 老爸 看这把 |
[42:37] | – Look the colour is red. – It’s beautiful. | -红色的 -很漂亮 |
[42:40] | – This one’s pretty. – Let’s try it out. | -这把很漂亮 -来弹弹试试 |
[42:42] | – Just right here? – Why don’t we go over there? | -就在这吗 -不如去那边吧 |
[42:45] | Can we go over there? | 去那边行吗 |
[43:05] | Oh, honey, you need to sing. That’s so good. | 宝贝 唱出来 你唱得很好 |
[43:10] | That’s beautiful. | 很美 |
[43:13] | Sometimes I sing. | 有时候我会唱出来 |
[43:15] | It’s fun to sing with your song, | 边弹边唱的感觉很棒 |
[43:17] | but I don’t want people to listen to me. | 但我不想有人在旁边听 |
[43:20] | Well, honey, I think people would love to listen to you. | 宝贝 我想大家一定很想听你唱 |
[43:22] | That’s beautiful. | 太好听了 |
[43:25] | Would you sing a little for your dad? | 要不给老爸唱一首 |
[43:29] | Right here in the middle of the store? | 就在店中间行吗 |
[43:34] | – Little bit. – Little bit. | -就唱一小段 -行 |
[43:38] | – You ready? – I’m ready. | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[43:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[43:41] | I’m just a little bit caught in the middle | 我只是有点不知所措 |
[43:44] | Life is a maze and love is a riddle | 生活像个迷宫 爱情像个谜团 |
[43:47] | I don’t know where to go can’t do it alone, I’ve tried | 我不知何去何从 无法独自承受 我努力过 |
[43:51] | And I don’t know why | 但还是不懂 |
[43:53] | I’m just a little girl lost in the moment | 此刻我只是个迷失的小女孩 |
[43:56] | I’m so scared but I don’t show it | 我心中不安 但不想告白 |
[43:59] | I can’t figure it out it’s bringing me down | 我无计可施 心情变坏 |
[44:03] | I know I’ve got to let it go | 我知道 我得释怀 |
[44:07] | And just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |
[44:15] | Billy Beane was taken in the first round of the amateur draft. | 比利·比恩在这场选秀赛中首发上场 |
[44:19] | I think this is a steal, to get Billy Beane. | 比利·比恩真是太超值了 |
[44:21] | He’s young, he’s talented. | 他年轻又多才 |
[44:23] | A true five-tool player with speed. | 真正的速度型全能选手 |
[44:25] | This guy is a can’t-miss prospect. | 有着不可估量的前景 |
[44:27] | This is a great sign for the New York Mets. | 他会给纽约大都会队带来好运 |
[44:30] | And it could be the turnaround that they’ve been looking for. | 也许此刻就是他们期待已久的转折点 |
[44:34] | Ball one. | 一个坏球 |
[44:35] | I’ll take Billy Beane over Strawberry. | 我觉得比利·比恩可以替代斯特罗贝里 |
[44:38] | Billy Beane, an interesting pick, | 比利·比恩 选择了心爱的棒球 |
[44:41] | turned down a scholarship. | 放弃了奖学金 |
[44:42] | He could’ve gone to Stanford. | 他本可以去斯坦福深造 |
[44:43] | Sometimes you don’t find out till you get to the big leagues. | 不过加入了大联盟 你才能发现自己的价值 |
[44:47] | Strike! | 好球 |
[44:48] | This guy has never failed at anything. | 这小伙从未失意过 |
[44:50] | He’s coming out of high school. | 他马上高中毕业 |
[44:52] | Billy was gonna go to college. | 比利本来要去上大学 |
[44:53] | He could’ve been a great quarterback. | 或许能成为一名出色的四分卫 |
[45:03] | Strike three. | 三振出局 |
[45:05] | There’s not an organization in baseball | 几乎每个棒球队 |
[45:09] | who would not have taken a chance on this young guy. | 都对这个年经小伙感兴趣 |
[45:15] | He didn’t pan out. That happens every year. | 他又没发挥好 每年都这样 |
[45:20] | Some do, some don’t. | 发挥不稳定 |
[45:24] | I mean, if you’re having any doubt at all about this… | 如果你对此有任何疑虑… |
[45:30] | Having the scholarship… | 就去拿奖学金… |
[45:31] | Your son was born with a God-given ability. | 您的儿子有极佳的天赋 |
[45:35] | Few scouts can go into the mind of a young man | 很少有球探能深入了解年轻人的想法 |
[45:39] | and determine whether he’s really confident about what he can do. | 从而判断他对自己的能力是否充满信心 |
[45:44] | A very special player. | 一个非常与众不同的球员 |
[45:46] | So you can sign him based on his ability, | 你根据他的能力与他签约 |
[45:48] | but then he’s gotta be successful to be confident. | 但他需要通过胜利找到自信 |
[45:52] | And once he becomes confident, that’s when you’ve got something. | 一旦他有了自信 你才能有所斩获 |
[46:00] | You make a decision on what you see. | 你凭眼前所见做出决定 |
[46:04] | And if things don’t pan out, you move on. | 如果没有成功 你就继续前进 |
[46:07] | That’s baseball. | 这就是棒球 |
[46:10] | Many are called, few are chosen. | 犹如大浪淘沙 只有金子才会发光 |
[46:13] | Billy, that is Kevin Youkilis. | 比利 这是凯文·尤克里斯 |
[46:16] | That is the Greek God of Walks. | 他就是保送之神 |
[46:18] | That’s my hero. | 我的偶像 |
[46:20] | That man gets walked more than anybody in baseball | 球员里除了贝瑞·邦兹 |
[46:23] | except for Barry Bonds. | 没有人保送率比他高 |
[46:25] | I tried to convince Shapiro to pick him up last June, | 去年六月 我曾想说服夏皮罗签了他 |
[46:28] | but he said he waddled like a duck. | 但他说他打球时就像只鸭子 |
[46:32] | Yeah, Boston snagged him. | 后来 波士顿签了他 |
[46:34] | I think they wanna wait and see. | 我想他们会给他点时间 |
[46:43] | Are you okay, Billy? | 还好吗 比利 |
[46:44] | Billy? | 比利 |
[46:47] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[46:48] | Yeah. Yeah. | 好的 好 |
[47:01] | You’re unhappy, Grady. Why? | 你很不高兴 格雷迪 怎么回事 |
[47:10] | – May I speak candidly? – Sure, go ahead. | -我能直言吗 -当然 说 |
[47:13] | Major League Baseball and its fans, | 如果你们还是执迷不悟 |
[47:15] | they’re gonna be more than happy to | 职棒大联盟和球迷们 |
[47:17] | throw you and Google Boy under the bus | 会很不高兴 |
[47:19] | if you keep doing what you’re doing. | 甚至把你和谷歌小子扔到车底去 |
[47:21] | You don’t put a team together with a computer. | 你不能用电脑来组建队伍 |
[47:24] | – No? – No. | -不能吗 -不能 |
[47:26] | Baseball isn’t just numbers. It’s not science. | 棒球不是数据 更不是科学 |
[47:29] | If it was, anybody could do what we’re doing, but they can’t. | 如果是 早就有人做了 但是没有 |
[47:32] | They don’t know what we know. | 数据不是万能的 |
[47:34] | They don’t have our experience and our intuition. | 它们不具备我们的经验和智慧 |
[47:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:39] | You got a kid in there | 在你的身边 |
[47:40] | that’s got a degree in economics from Yale. | 那边是拥有耶鲁经济学位的高材生 |
[47:43] | You got a scout here with 29 years of baseball experience. | 这边却是拥有二十九年棒球经验的球探团队 |
[47:46] | You’re listening to the wrong one. | 但你用错了人 |
[47:49] | Now, there are intangibles that only baseball people understand. | 其中的内涵只有行业里的人才能理解 |
[47:53] | You’re discounting what scouts have done for 150 years? | 你看不起一百五十年历史的球探制度吗 |
[47:56] | Even yourself? | 甚至包括你自己 |
[47:59] | Adapt or die. | 适者生存 |
[48:04] | This is about you and your shit, isn’t it? | 你想公报私仇 是吗 |
[48:07] | Twenty years ago, some scout got it wrong. | 二十年前 某个球探看走了眼 |
[48:09] | – Whoa. Okay. Okay. – Now you declare war on the system. | -打住 打住 -所以你要挑战这个制度 |
[48:13] | Okay, okay, my turn. You don’t have a crystal ball. | 好了 该我说了 你没能力预测未来 |
[48:17] | You can’t look at a kid | 你和我一样都不能 |
[48:19] | and predict his future any more than I can. | 看孩子一眼就预测到他的未来 |
[48:21] | I’ve sat at those kitchen tables with you | 我曾经坐在餐桌上 |
[48:24] | and listened to you tell parents, “When I know, I know. | 听你对父母们说 机遇来的时候 我自然知道 |
[48:27] | And when it comes to your son, I know. “ | 我知道你儿子什么时候会出人头地 |
[48:29] | And you don’t. | 可你不知道 |
[48:33] | You don’t. | 你不知道 |
[48:37] | Okay. I don’t give a shit about friendship, | 得了 我才不在乎什么友情 |
[48:40] | this situation, or the past. | 现在怎么样 过去怎么样 |
[48:43] | Major League Baseball thinks the way I think. | 我的思路和职棒大联盟一样 |
[48:45] | You’re not gonna win. | 你们会输得很惨 |
[48:46] | And I’ll give you a nickel’s worth of free advice. | 再给你个免费忠告 |
[48:49] | You’re never gonna get another job when shout fires you | 这个赛季你要是把我们都整惨了 |
[48:52] | after this catastrophic season you’re about to set us all up for. | 你就等着下课吧 而且永无翻身之日 |
[48:55] | You’ll have to explain to your kid | 以后你就得向你的孩子解释 |
[48:58] | why you’re working at Dick’s Sporting Goods. | 为什么要在体育用品商店工作 |
[49:06] | I’m not gonna fire you, Grady. | 我不会炒掉你 格雷迪 |
[49:12] | – Fuck you, Billy. – Now I will. | -操你妈 比利 -现在你被炒了 |
[49:19] | Good luck, Art. | 祝你好运 阿尔特 |
[49:27] | Kubota. You never played ball, right? | 库伯特 你玩过球吗 |
[49:30] | – I played a little T-ball. – You’re the new head scout. | -小时候玩过点 -现在开始你来掌管球探队伍 |
[49:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你升职 |
[49:44] | So Boston’s gonna wait and see? | 波士顿那边在观望吗 |
[49:48] | Yeah. | 对 |
[49:50] | Yeah. It’s just you and me, Pete. | 要保密 皮特 |
[49:53] | And we’re all in. | 我们要拿下他 |
[49:58] | It sounds like you’re apologizing for what they’re doing. | 你似乎在为他们的做法而道歉 |
[50:02] | I’m not apologize. I just don’t know what you’re gonna do | 我不是道歉 我只是不清楚 |
[50:05] | with the budget that the A’s have. Who are you gonna get? | 运动家队现有的预算能做什么 有你中意的吗 |
[50:08] | I’m looking at the spring-training roster. | 我正在看春训的名册 |
[50:10] | – You gotta be kidding me. – How so? | -开玩笑吧 -怎么了 |
[50:12] | He looked like a clown out there. | 他在场上就象个小丑 |
[50:14] | – Who? – Chad Bradford. | -谁 -查德·布莱德福特 |
[50:16] | Tell me about Bradford. | 跟我说说布莱德福特 |
[50:18] | I like him a little bit, but he’s a specialist. | 我有点喜欢他 不过他技术不是很全面 |
[50:21] | He’s not a guy that you say, “The eighth inning is yours, | 他不像你说的那种 第八局就看你的了 |
[50:24] | lefties vs. Righties. “ | 左撇子对右撇子 |
[50:26] | In my opinion. | 在我看来 |
[50:28] | I don’t know what Billy Beane | 我不知道比利·比恩和管理层 |
[50:29] | and management understands about him. | 到底看上他哪一点 |
[50:32] | He only throws the ball about 82, 83 miles an hour. | 他的投球速度只有八十二到八十三英里每小时 |
[50:35] | There must be something- | 肯定另有原因… |
[50:36] | He is a freak, and not in a good way. | 他就是个怪胎 很傻的那种 |
[50:39] | Let me ask you this. | 我来问问你 |
[50:40] | Talking about trying to win a division. | 说到力争小组出线 |
[50:43] | We’re counting on David to be the guy he was. | 我们就指望大卫能重振雄风了 |
[50:46] | I have my doubts. He’s gotten old. | 但我有点怀疑 他已老了 |
[50:48] | That’s why he’s not in New York anymore, | 那也是纽约队和克利夫兰队 |
[50:50] | not in Cleveland anymore. | 都不想要他的原因 |
[50:52] | We paid him the money we should’ve | 我们付给他的工资 |
[50:54] | been giving to Johnny Damon. | 应该给乔尼·戴蒙 |
[50:55] | Hey. Jeremy Giambi. | 谈谈杰瑞米·吉昂比 |
[50:57] | That’s the one need to worry about. | 真正需要担心的是那小子 |
[51:00] | He gets comps up and down Vegas more than in Oakland. | 他花在维加斯赌场的钱比在奥克兰还多 |
[51:03] | That should tell you something right there. | 大家可以从这事了解个大概了 |
[51:05] | Isn’t that the all deal with these guys? | 钱不会都花到这些家伙身上了吧 |
[51:07] | He has one good year. | 他第一年表现还可以 |
[51:09] | And he gets a huge offer and then he gets traded. | 之后得到了一个巨额合同 就被交易了 |
[51:15] | – Bob. Harder. – Hatteberg. | -鲍勃 狠点儿 -哈特伯格 |
[51:21] | Good. Good. | 不错 不错 |
[51:25] | Billy, we have to talk about Hatteberg. | 比利 我们得谈谈哈特伯格 |
[51:28] | – Go. – There’s just no feel for the spot. | -说 -他在垒上完全没有感觉 |
[51:30] | I think it’s a long shot | 要成为大联盟里的一垒手 |
[51:32] | that he can be a big-league first baseman. | 他还得花点时间 |
[51:34] | It’s day one of the first week. You can’t judge this yet. | 现在还是训练的第一周 现在评价为时过早 |
[51:37] | No, I think we can judge it. | 我觉得可以下定论了 |
[51:39] | I mean, I like him, you know, but I can judge him. | 我挺喜欢他 但我能评判他 |
[51:44] | First base is the moon to him. | 一垒对他来说犹如月中嫦娥 |
[51:45] | It wasn’t to Giambi. | 对 吉昂比不是 |
[51:47] | Giambi’s the worst first baseman in baseball. | 吉昂比是最烂的一垒手 |
[51:50] | Gonna compare him to Giambi? | 拿吉昂比和他比吗 |
[51:51] | What are we talking about? | 我们在胡扯些什么呢 |
[51:53] | All right. | 好了 |
[51:56] | What do you think, Wash? | 你怎么想 沃什 |
[51:58] | The nice way to say it is he lacks confidence. | 说好听点就是他缺乏自信 |
[52:02] | Well, give him some. | 那就鼓励他 |
[52:04] | I’ll do that, but we got Pena, who can play first. | 我会的 但我们还有佩纳可以当一垒手 |
[52:07] | And he’s looking mighty good out there. | 看他样子很不错 |
[52:10] | We wanna go with Hattie. | 我坚持用哈蒂 |
[52:17] | We got six weeks. | 我们还有六周时间 |
[52:19] | Get down in it. | 上垒吧 |
[52:27] | – There you go. – Scotty H. | -接住了 -史考特·H |
[52:29] | – That’s what I’m talking about. – Picking machine. | -干得漂亮 -接得漂亮 |
[52:31] | It’s only baseball. | 集中注意力 |
[52:40] | This better work. | 这招最好管用 |
[52:43] | I’m just kidding you. | 开个玩笑 |
[52:56] | Don’t stop believin’ | 别让信念止步 |
[52:59] | ALL Let’s go, Oakland! | 我们齐加油 奥克兰 |
[53:02] | Let’s go, Oakland! | 加油吧 奥克兰 |
[53:04] | Streetlight | 霓虹闪亮 |
[53:06] | – What is wrong with this thing? – It’s a dollar, man. | -这玩意怎么回事 -要钱的 伙计 |
[53:10] | – What? – Welcome to Oakland, D.J. | -什么 -欢迎加盟奥克兰 D.J |
[53:13] | Oh, you gotta be shitting me. | 真是活见鬼 |
[53:15] | I think this year, we’re gonna show that it takes a team to win, | 我想今年 我们应该展现整体实力 |
[53:19] | not any individual guy, just a team. | 而不是个人能力 我们是一个团队 |
[53:21] | And I think we got a hell of a ball club here. | 而且我们今年的阵容很完整 |
[53:25] | Chad, are you intimidated at all today? | 查德 你今天紧张吗 |
[53:27] | I wouldn’t say I’m intimidated, | 不紧张 |
[53:29] | really. I’m just really excited, like you said. | 真的 我感到很兴奋 就象你说的 |
[53:32] | Jeremy, how’s the team gonna | 杰里米 没有你哥杰森在 |
[53:35] | fare without your brother, Jason? | 你们如何取得成功 |
[53:36] | Well, you know, the organization did a great job | 球队的组织工作十分出色 |
[53:39] | of bringing in good young guys to fill that role. | 有不少优秀年轻球员加入填补了空缺 |
[53:42] | Let’s face it, they’re getting a deal with you. | 恕我直言 他们正和你谈合约 |
[53:44] | The Yankees are paying Jason a lot of money. | 杨基队准备付给杰森一大笔钱 |
[53:47] | You are coming here on a dime. How does that make you feel? | 而你准备加入这个小地方 你对此有何感受 |
[53:50] | I feel good. Um… | 我感觉不错 |
[53:52] | – How are the nerves in your fingers? – You know. | -你的手指神经好点了没 -你们知道的 |
[53:55] | Gotta start with the age, 36 years old. | 你已经三十六岁了 再重新开始 |
[53:57] | How do you think your body’s gonna hold up? | 你觉得身体扛得住吗 |
[54:00] | You spend a lot of time at strip clubs, partying. | 你经常进出脱衣舞俱乐部 参加晚会 |
[54:03] | Do you resent the attention you get off the field? | 你上不了场恼火吗 |
[54:06] | I don’t. I love it. | 没有的事 超喜欢 |
[54:07] | – You spend a lot of time in Vegas. – I do. | -你还经常去维加斯 -没错 |
[54:09] | I feel great. I did a lot | 我感觉好极了 我已经… |
[54:11] | – of work to get… – Excuse me. Get out of my shot. | -很努力去… -不好意思 别挡镜头 |
[54:14] | Sorry, go ahead. | 抱歉 请继续 |
[54:15] | There have been questions about my age | 有些人对于我的年龄 |
[54:17] | and my declining skills, some say, | 和球技提出了质疑 |
[54:19] | but I’m here to prove that wrong. | 但是我来这里就是要证明他们错了 |
[54:21] | I asked if you were 100 percent. | 我问的是 你是否百分之百肯定 |
[54:32] | – Excuse me, Mr. Beane? – Hey, Chad. | -打扰 比恩先生吧 -你好 查德 |
[54:34] | – Hey, I’m not disturbing you, am I? – Not at all. What’s up? | -你不会嫌我烦吧 -哪里话 什么事 |
[54:37] | I wanted to say thank you for this opportunity. | 我想谢谢你给了我这个机会 |
[54:41] | Well, we enjoy having you. | 我们欢迎你加入 |
[54:42] | It’s gonna work out well for all of us. | 对我们大家都是个好事 |
[54:44] | I appreciate it, sir. | 非常感谢 先生 |
[54:46] | Nobody’s ever given me a chance like this before. | 以前从没人给过我这种机会 |
[54:49] | Nobody? | 真的吗 |
[54:51] | Well, just you, sir. | 您是第一个 先生 |
[54:54] | Well, it’s a big day, one you won’t forget. | 今天是个大日子 会让你难忘的 |
[54:57] | Appreciate it. And I wanna let you know | 非常感谢 我想让您知道 |
[55:00] | I’m gonna be praying for you and your family. | 我会为您和您的家人祈祷的 |
[55:03] | No problem. | 好的 |
[55:05] | Well, here we are just minutes away | 距离奥克兰运动家队的 |
[55:07] | from the season opener of 2002 for the Oakland A’s. | 2002新赛季开幕只有不到几分钟时间了 |
[55:10] | The first pitch is moments away. | 第一场比赛就要开始了 |
[55:12] | We’ll come back with the national anthem. | 我们会在国歌声中回来 |
[55:15] | Opening day is upon us. | 开幕式即将开始 |
[55:17] | All right, fellas, smile. Here we go. | 大家笑笑 好了 |
[55:21] | Hey, she give me love And I feel all right now | 她的爱带给我安康 |
[55:28] | I’m going in. Text me the play-by-play. | 我进去了 发短信报告比赛情况 |
[55:31] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[55:33] | I don’t watch the games. | 我看不得比赛 |
[55:44] | Detail, halt! | 立定 |
[55:47] | And forward face! | 向前看 |
[56:50] | That’s the third Ranger batter to be hit today. | 他是今天游骑兵队第三位击出安打的选手 |
[56:53] | Twice Alex Rodriguez was nicked. The ninth- | 亚历克斯·罗德里格兹两次盗垒 第九… |
[57:31] | I should’ve made you a bigger part of the conversation from day one. | 我应该在第一天就给你更大的发言权 |
[57:35] | It’d be clear what we’re trying to do. | 那样就会让工作职责更明确 |
[57:38] | That was my mistake, Art. I take responsibility for that. | 都是我的错 我负全责 |
[57:41] | What are you trying to say? | 你到底想说什么 |
[57:43] | Doesn’t matter what moves I make | 如果你不按既定战术安排球员 |
[57:44] | if you don’t play the team the way they’re designed to be. | 就算我再怎么部署都没用 |
[57:49] | Billy, you’re out of your depth. | 比利 你管得太宽了吧 |
[57:53] | Why not Hatteberg at first? | 为什么不让哈特伯格当一垒手 |
[57:54] | Because he can’t play first. | 因为他当不了一垒手 |
[57:56] | – How do you know? – Not my first baseball game. | -你怎么知道 -凭我的临场经验 |
[57:58] | – Scott Hatteberg can’t hit… – He gets on base. | -斯科特·海特伯格不会击球… -他能上垒 |
[58:01] | Still keeps us in the plus column. | 如果我们想继续待在候补区 |
[58:03] | We need to be 7 over 500. | 只需赢得七分 |
[58:05] | What? | 什么 |
[58:10] | Anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[58:12] | Yeah. I would’ve rather seen | 有 比起马格南特 |
[58:14] | Bradford in the end than Magnante. | 最后我还是更想看到布莱德福特出场 |
[58:17] | Bradford’s a righty. | 他是右撇子 |
[58:18] | – I don’t care about righty-lefty. – I do. | -我才不在乎左撇子右撇子 -我在乎 |
[58:26] | – Could this be about your contract? – No. | -都因为你合约的事吗 -不是 |
[58:30] | This is about you doing your job and me doing mine. | 是因为你管得太宽 |
[58:34] | Mine’s me being left alone | 现在我得一个人 |
[58:35] | to manage this team you assembled for me. | 收拾你留下的烂摊子 |
[58:39] | – I didn’t assemble them for you, Art. – No shit. | -我可没留烂摊子给你 阿尔特 -那就是 |
[58:50] | Good meeting. | 很好 |
[58:52] | Every time we talk, | 每次和你谈话 |
[58:53] | I’m reinvigorated by my love of the game. | 都会重新唤起我对棒球的热爱 |
[59:20] | We got Grady Fuson, | 我们请来了格雷迪·弗森 |
[59:21] | former head of scouting with the Athletics. | 运动家队的前星探主管 |
[59:23] | And, Grady, can you interpret for us what’s going on? | 格雷迪 你能为我们解读一下怎么回事吗 |
[59:26] | – They call it Moneyball. – Moneyball? | -他们管这叫金球 -什么是金球 |
[59:28] | Yes, and it was a nice theory, and now it’s just not working out. | 对 本来是个好理论 但现在不管用了 |
[59:33] | Billy Beane has built this team on the ideas of a guy, Bill James, | 比利·比恩借鉴了比尔·詹姆斯的棒球统计学理论 |
[59:37] | who wrote an interesting book on baseball statistics. | 组建了现在这支球队 |
[59:42] | The problem is that Bill James never played, | 问题是比尔·詹姆斯没打过棒球 |
[59:45] | never managed. | 也没管理过棒球队 |
[59:46] | He was in fact a security guard at a pork-and-beans company. | 他原本只是食品加工厂的保安 |
[59:51] | Do you see this as a decimation of the organization? | 这是大厦将倾的前兆吗 |
[59:54] | He bought a ticket on the Titanic. | 他已经走上了不归路 |
[59:56] | Oh, boy. | 危险啊 |
[59:57] | He’s tried to come up with a new approach. | 他固执地一意孤行 |
[59:59] | My hat’s off to him. It won’t work. | 我即使向他认错 也没用 |
[1:00:03] | One-two pitch. Tejada strikes out. | 投球两好一坏 特谢达三振出局 |
[1:00:06] | And that is the game. | 比赛结束 |
[1:00:08] | The Seattle Mariners win both games on this series, Ray. | 西雅图水手队主客场都赢了 雷 |
[1:00:11] | They’ve won 10 in a row. Seattle is 13 and 3. | 他们已经连胜十场 本赛季已胜十三场败三场 |
[1:00:17] | I can’t watch this shit. | 看不下去了 |
[1:00:20] | Go on the road with the team. | 以后你随队比赛 |
[1:00:22] | You don’t go on the road with the team. | 你从来没有随队比赛过 |
[1:00:25] | – That’s why I want you to do it. – Why don’t you? | -所以我叫你去 -你为什么不去 |
[1:00:30] | I can’t develop personal relationships with these guys. | 我不能和这些家伙过于亲近 |
[1:00:33] | I gotta be able to trade them, send them down, | 以后可能得转卖他们 开除他们 |
[1:00:35] | sometimes cut them. | 有时要裁掉他们 |
[1:00:39] | Which is something you should learn to do, by the way. | 顺便说一句 这些招你也应该学学 |
[1:00:45] | I would never have to cut a player, unless you… | 我从没想过裁人 除非你… |
[1:00:49] | – Oh, come on. – “Come on” What? | -行了吧 -行什么行 |
[1:00:52] | – Let’s practice. – No. | -我们来练习一下 -不 |
[1:00:55] | Yeah. I’m a player. You gotta cut me from the roster. | 现在我是球员 你要裁掉我 |
[1:00:58] | – No. – Go. | -不 -开始吧 |
[1:00:59] | – What do you mean, no? – No. | -试试看 -不 |
[1:01:01] | – Do it. – This is stupid. | -快点 -这太荒谬了 |
[1:01:03] | Part of the job, man. | 这是工作需要 伙计 |
[1:01:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[1:01:12] | Billy, please have a seat. I need to talk to you for a minute. | 比利 请坐 我们要谈一下 |
[1:01:16] | Go on. | 继续 |
[1:01:19] | You’ve been a huge part of this team. | 你一直以来都是球队主力 |
[1:01:21] | But sometimes you have to make decisions for the team. | 但是有时候你要为球队考虑一下 |
[1:01:24] | I’m sure you can understand. | 我相信你能理解 |
[1:01:26] | – You’re cutting me? – I’m really sorry. | -你要炒了我吗 -很抱歉 |
[1:01:29] | I just bought a house here. | 我刚在这里买了房 |
[1:01:31] | – Well… – In Oakland. | -那… -就在奥克兰 |
[1:01:37] | Well, uh… Well… | 那… 那… |
[1:01:38] | “Well… Well… “? That’s all you got to say? | 变结巴了吗 无语了吗 |
[1:01:42] | My kid just started a new school. | 我小孩刚刚转到新学校 |
[1:01:44] | – They made friends. – That’s, uh… | -交了新朋友 -那… |
[1:01:48] | You shouldn’t pull them out in the middle of the year. | 孩子们不该在年中转学 |
[1:01:51] | – You should wait. – What the hell are you talking about? | -你应该等等 -你胡诌些什么呢 |
[1:01:54] | I don’t know. I shouldn’t have- | 不知道 我就不该 |
[1:01:56] | I’m not gonna do this. I think this is stupid. | 这种事我做不来 这荒谬了 |
[1:01:59] | I’m not gonna fire anybody, and this is dumb. | 我谁都不想解雇 这太蠢了 |
[1:02:03] | They’re professional ballplayers. Just be straight with them. | 他们是职业球员 直截了当就行 |
[1:02:06] | No fluff, just facts. | 不用绕来绕去 讲事实 |
[1:02:09] | Pete, I gotta let you go. Jack’s office will handle the details. | 皮特 你被炒了 详情请咨询杰克 |
[1:02:16] | That’s it? | 这样就行了吗 |
[1:02:19] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:02:20] | You rather get a bullet to the head | 你是愿意头部中弹 |
[1:02:22] | or five to the chest and bleed to death? | 还是愿意胸部中五弹 慢慢流血身亡呢 |
[1:02:26] | Are those my only two options? | 只有这两种选择吗 |
[1:02:29] | Go on the road with the team. | 随队比赛去 |
[1:02:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:02:45] | Say, bro. | 老兄 |
[1:02:46] | – Let me ask you a question. – Yeah. | -我问个问题 -好 |
[1:02:49] | How come your boss doesn’t travel with the team? | 你老板为什么不随队比赛 |
[1:02:53] | He doesn’t like to mingle with the players. | 他不爱和球员攀交情 |
[1:02:59] | Is that supposed to make us easier to cut? | 是为了裁掉我们更容易些吧 |
[1:03:06] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 不知道 我也不知道 |
[1:03:09] | And how come soda is a dollar in the clubhouse? | 为什么俱乐部的汽水还要收一块钱 |
[1:03:14] | I never seen nothing like that. | 从没见过这么抠门的 |
[1:03:17] | Billy likes to keep the money on the field. | 比利想把钱花在球场上 |
[1:03:20] | Soda money? | 汽水钱吗 |
[1:03:23] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:03:25] | Where on the field is the dollar I’m paying for soda? | 汽水钱花在场上哪里了 |
[1:03:30] | It’s hard to see exactly, | 这事搞清楚有点难 |
[1:03:33] | – but it’s there, yeah. – Yeah, it is hard to see. | -但确实花了 -对 是搞不清楚 |
[1:03:37] | I’m done. | 我问完了 |
[1:03:50] | – Hey, Dad. – Hi, honey. | -爸 -宝贝 |
[1:03:52] | – How are you? – I’m good. | -你还好吗 -不错 |
[1:03:55] | – Was it bumpy? – It was okay. | -旅途还顺利吗 -还行 |
[1:03:57] | 我们依然 支持你们 | |
[1:03:59] | So with this loss tonight, the Oakland Athletics incredibly, | 经历了今晚的失败 奥克兰运动家队 |
[1:04:03] | have lost 14 of their last 17 games. | 不可思议地在最近17场比赛中输了14场 |
[1:04:07] | They are 10 games back in the American League West. | 他们在西部赛区还剩十场比赛 |
[1:04:11] | Is it fair to say the experiment has failed? | 可以宣布这次创新失败了吧 |
[1:04:13] | Well, absolutely. It was predictable. | 绝对没错 谁都猜得出来 |
[1:04:16] | You don’t wish anybody a lack of success, | 虽然我们希望每个人都成功 |
[1:04:18] | but the facts are in front of you. | 但是事实就摆在面前 |
[1:04:20] | You can’t blame Art Howe. | 这不能怪阿尔特·豪 |
[1:04:22] | No. | 对 |
[1:04:24] | The fact of the matter is, | 问题的根本在于 |
[1:04:25] | this is not about statistics, this is about people. | 这和数据统计无关 完全是人的问题 |
[1:04:28] | Art Howe is not the problem. | 阿尔特·豪不是问题所在 |
[1:04:31] | The problem is in the general manager’s office with Billy Beane. | 问题在比利·比恩领导的管理团队 |
[1:04:35] | The root of the problem for me is philosophical. | 问题的根源在我看来很明显了 |
[1:04:38] | I said it before. This is fantasy baseball. | 我以前说过 他的想法过于虚幻 |
[1:04:40] | Billy is just not thinking. | 比利失去了理智 |
[1:04:42] | Start thinking about a new GM, making changes. | 应该考虑换个经理 改变一下 |
[1:04:45] | He never goes to the games. | 他从来不去赛场观战 |
[1:04:47] | This was very predictable. | 那是肯定的 |
[1:04:48] | He needs to look at what’s going on. | 他应该来看看这里发生了什么 |
[1:04:51] | – The man needs to get real. – I want Billy Beane gone. | -他得面对现实 -比利·比恩下课 |
[1:04:55] | Calling for Beane’s head. I want your thoughts. | 要求比恩公开计划 公开你的想法 |
[1:04:57] | The past 18 games, | 在上十八场比赛里 |
[1:04:59] | they’ve been shut out or scored one run four times. | 他们不是被完封就是只得四分 |
[1:05:03] | They’re just not scoring enough. | 他们得分太低了 |
[1:05:04] | It’s not just the offense, | 原因不止在于进攻 |
[1:05:05] | not Thad Bosley and the hitters. | 也不止在于撒德·博斯利和击球手 |
[1:05:08] | It’s everything. | 所有环节都有问题 |
[1:05:09] | If there was one thing you could pick out, you’d try to fix it, | 如果只是在于某一个环节 你还可以补救 |
[1:05:14] | but just everything is in a funk right now. | 但现在一切都很糟糕 |
[1:05:22] | What the hell am I doing? | 我他妈的在干嘛呢 |
[1:05:27] | Oh, man. | 老天啊 |
[1:05:30] | Look, Steve. | 听着 史蒂夫 |
[1:05:36] | I believe in what we’re doing. | 我对我们的所作所为充满信心 |
[1:05:38] | The record doesn’t reflect the strength of this team | 战绩并不能反映球队的实力 |
[1:05:41] | or where we’re gonna be at the end of the season. | 这赛季末我们还可以有所作为 |
[1:05:44] | Now, Pete and I here feel very strongly | 现在 皮特和我坚信 |
[1:05:46] | that we stay on the track we’ve chosen. | 我们当初的想法 |
[1:05:49] | Our sample size has been too small. | 我们的抽样还不够 |
[1:05:51] | It’s too early. It’s still early. | 现在评判还为时尚早 |
[1:05:54] | Where do we expect to be by the All-Star break? | 我们在全明星赛之前能做些什么呢 |
[1:05:58] | Our goal and our expectation is | 我们的期望和目标是 |
[1:06:01] | by mid-July to be within seven games of first. | 到七月中旬能在7场比赛内拿到第一 |
[1:06:05] | That would be this working. | 不出意外应该会实现 |
[1:06:06] | – That keeps us in the hunt. – Exceptionally well. | -那样我们就有机会了 -太对了 |
[1:06:09] | – By July. – July. | -七月之前 -对 |
[1:06:12] | And what’s gonna prevent you from accomplishing that? | 要实现目标有什么阻力吗 |
[1:06:16] | What are you afraid of? | 有什么不敢做的吗 |
[1:06:18] | Nothing. That’s why we’re here, Steve. | 没有 这就是来此的原因 史蒂夫 |
[1:06:21] | That’s why we get up in the morning. That’s all we do. | 这就是我们早起的原因 我们的职责所在 |
[1:06:44] | – More? – Yeah, a little more. | -还要吗 -再来一点 |
[1:06:46] | – Don’t tell your mother. – I won’t. | -别告诉你妈 -不会 |
[1:06:50] | – Chocolate sauce? – Yes. | -巧克力酱要吗 -要 |
[1:06:53] | Stop. | 够了 |
[1:06:57] | – Big spoon or little spoon? – Little spoon. | -大勺还是小勺 -小勺 |
[1:07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:07:13] | Dad, there’s no way you’re gonna lose your job, right? | 爸 你不会失业吧 |
[1:07:16] | What? | 什么 |
[1:07:18] | Well, I don’t know. | 我也不太清楚 |
[1:07:20] | – I’m just wondering. – Where’d you hear that? | -只是好奇 -听谁说的 |
[1:07:22] | Well, I go on the Internet sometimes. | 网上看到的 |
[1:07:24] | Well, don’t do that. Don’t go on the Internet. | 以后别上网了 |
[1:07:27] | Or watch TV or read newspapers | 多看看电视或读读报纸 |
[1:07:31] | or talk to people. | 或找人聊聊天 |
[1:07:33] | I don’t talk to people. I just read stuff. | 我不爱聊天 我喜欢阅读 |
[1:07:36] | Honey, everything’s fine. Everything’s fine. | 亲爱的 没事的 |
[1:07:39] | Really, you don’t have to worry. | 真的 你不用担心 |
[1:07:41] | But if you lose your job, will you have to move away? | 你一旦失业 就得搬走吗 |
[1:07:45] | Honey, I’m not gonna lose my job. | 亲爱的 我不会失业的 |
[1:07:49] | You don’t have to worry. | 不用担心 |
[1:07:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:07:57] | – There’s no problem. – Okay. | -没问题的 -好吧 |
[1:08:00] | All right? I got uptown problems, which are not problems at all. | 我只是住得比较偏僻 那根本不是问题 |
[1:08:04] | You’re not worried, right? | 别担心 好吗 |
[1:08:06] | – No, I’m not worried. – Okay. | -我不担心了 -乖 |
[1:08:16] | Pena. | 佩纳 |
[1:08:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:08:35] | I want Dye in right, | 把戴安排在右侧 |
[1:08:37] | Justice DH’ing, Pena on the bench, | 贾斯蒂斯指定打击 佩纳替补 |
[1:08:40] | Hatteberg at first, | 哈特伯格一垒手 |
[1:08:42] | and anyone but Mags first out of the pen. | 梅格斯作第一投手 |
[1:08:45] | You want Pena on the bench? | 佩纳坐板凳吗 |
[1:08:47] | That’s right. So you can play Hattie. | 对 这样哈蒂就能上场了 |
[1:08:50] | Pena is not only the best first baseman on the roster, | 佩纳不仅是我们最好的一垒手 |
[1:08:53] | he’s the only first baseman on the roster. | 也是唯一的 |
[1:08:55] | Hattie gets on base more than Pena. | 哈蒂上垒次数高于佩纳 |
[1:08:58] | In fact, 20 percent more. | 整整高了二十个百分点 |
[1:08:59] | And his fielding? | 那防守呢 |
[1:09:00] | His fielding does not matter. | 防守并不重要 |
[1:09:04] | – I’ve heard enough of this conversation. – Have you? | -我受够了 -是吗 |
[1:09:06] | And I, uh… | 还有我… |
[1:09:09] | I disagree with you, plain and simple. | 我肯定不能同意你的安排 |
[1:09:13] | And moreover, I’m playing my team | 此外 我要用自己的方式来用人 |
[1:09:15] | in a way that I can explain in job interviews next winter. | 这样下个冬季我就能另谋他就 |
[1:09:20] | Okay? Ahem. | 满意了吗 |
[1:09:27] | Hattie. Not Pena. | 哈蒂上 佩纳替补 |
[1:09:34] | What’s up, kid? | 怎么样 孩子 |
[1:09:36] | – How you doing? – Good, how you doing, man? | -你好吗 -不错 你呢 |
[1:09:38] | Get some sleep last night? | 昨晚睡得好吗 |
[1:09:42] | As the A’s hit the field, we are ready for baseball. | 运动家队击球 比赛正式开始 |
[1:09:45] | First one out of the dugout is rookie sensation Carlos Pena, | 第一个出场的是新秀卡洛斯·佩纳 |
[1:09:49] | one of the few bright lights in this lineup, | 首发名单中不多的亮点之一 |
[1:09:51] | taking his spot at first base. | 来到了一垒 |
[1:10:26] | Down, gettin’ down. There’s a whole lot of rhythm | 向下 再向下 随着节奏来起舞 |
[1:10:33] | Billy, quick question. | 比利 简单问一句 |
[1:10:35] | Do you expect these guys to produce more or… | 你期待这些球员会有进步还是… |
[1:10:37] | Not now. | 现在不便回答 |
[1:10:38] | What’s the reason for the slump? | 球队为什么表现低迷 |
[1:10:40] | We gotta have the funk | 我要我的音乐 |
[1:10:41] | Ow, we want the funk | 要我的音乐 |
[1:10:44] | Give up the funk | 忘掉恐惧 |
[1:10:46] | Ow, we need the funk | 我需要音乐 |
[1:10:49] | We gotta have the funk | 我要我的音乐 |
[1:10:58] | Get down. | 下来 |
[1:11:04] | Is losing fun? | 输球有意思吗 |
[1:11:09] | – Is losing fun? – No. | -输球有意思吗 -没意思 |
[1:11:16] | What are you having fun for? | 那你们为什么兴高采烈的 |
[1:11:44] | That’s what losing sounds like. | 失败应该无声 |
[1:12:01] | Are you okay, Dad? | 你还好吗 爸 |
[1:12:03] | – You’re doing it again. – What? | -你又来了 -又怎么了 |
[1:12:05] | You’re worrying about me. | 为我担心 |
[1:12:07] | You’re in last place, Dad. | 你的球队垫底了 爸爸 |
[1:12:09] | – Do I look worried? – Yeah. | -我看起来在担心吗 -是的 |
[1:12:12] | Because you’re getting on an airplane, | 那是因为你要坐飞机了 |
[1:12:14] | and those things crash all the time. | 它们老是出事故 |
[1:12:16] | Please stop worrying about your dad. | 请不要再为你的老爸担心了 |
[1:12:21] | We’re all set. | 我们要起飞了 |
[1:12:24] | – I love you. – Love you too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[1:12:27] | Your dad’s not in trouble. | 你老爸一切都好 |
[1:13:19] | Suzanne, get me Ed Wade on the phone. | 苏珊娜 帮我接通艾德·韦德 |
[1:13:22] | – Coffee on? – Yes. | -咖啡好了吗 -好了 |
[1:13:24] | – Good morning. – Good morning, Billy. | -早上好 -早上好 比利 |
[1:13:30] | Oh, hi, Louisa. | 你好 路易莎 |
[1:13:32] | I need Ed Wade for Billy Beane. | 比利·比恩有事找艾德·韦德 |
[1:13:36] | Please hold. | 请稍等 |
[1:13:37] | – What’s up? – Wade’s on 2. | -有事吗 -韦德在2号线 |
[1:13:40] | Ed | 艾德 |
[1:13:42] | – Ed, it’s Billy. – Billy, what’s up? | -艾德 我是比利 -比利 有什么事 |
[1:13:44] | Look, I need a little help on defense. | 我的防守有待加强 |
[1:13:47] | I’m willing to trade Jeremy Giambi for it. | 我愿意拿杰瑞米·吉昂比换防守队员 |
[1:13:51] | – Really? – What? | -真的吗 -什么 |
[1:13:52] | Mm-hm. Who you got? | 你心里有人选吗 |
[1:13:55] | – Well, let me think. – What are you doing? | -我得考虑一下 -你在干嘛 |
[1:13:58] | Cleaning house. | 清理门户 |
[1:13:59] | – Mabry? – Maybe what? | -马布里怎样 -什么怎样 |
[1:14:01] | – No, Mabry. – Hold on. | -是马布里 -稍等 |
[1:14:05] | – No. – Why not? | -不行 -有何不可 |
[1:14:07] | Because you can’t trade Jeremy Giambi. | 因为你不能换掉杰瑞米·吉昂比 |
[1:14:10] | He’ll be fine, Ed. | 就要他了 艾德 |
[1:14:12] | Why do I get the feeling you’re picking my pocket? | 我怎么感觉你在偷我东西 |
[1:14:15] | I’m not picking your pocket. You’re picking mine. | 我没有 你才是那个扒手 |
[1:14:16] | Giambi’s name alone is worth more. | 单是吉昂比的名头就不止这个数 |
[1:14:18] | – What’s wrong with him? – Nothing wrong with him. | -他有什么问题 -什么问题也没有 |
[1:14:20] | Can we say it’s done in theory | 我们就这么定了 |
[1:14:22] | and start drawing up the paperwork? | 可以开始准备合同文书了吗 |
[1:14:24] | – Okay, but you’re gonna have… – Great. | -好吧 但你得… -太好了 |
[1:14:27] | He was gonna say something else. | 他话还没说完 |
[1:14:28] | When you get the answer you’re looking for, hang up. | 一旦得到你想要的 就挂掉电话 |
[1:14:31] | – Suzanne. – Yes? | -苏珊娜 -什么事 |
[1:14:32] | David Dombrowski. | 帮我接大卫·东布罗夫斯基 |
[1:14:35] | – And Pena’s going too. – I don’t think you should do that. | -佩纳也得走 -我觉得你不该这么做 |
[1:14:38] | I really don’t think you should do that. | 我真地认为你不该这么做 |
[1:14:40] | I want Hatteberg in the lineup tonight. | 我要哈特伯格今晚就上场 |
[1:14:43] | Billy, I think you need to take a minute. | 比利 别冲动 |
[1:14:44] | I think you seriously need to think about what you’re doing, | 你得认真考虑一下这么做的后果 |
[1:14:48] | because you’re upset. | 因为你还在气头上 |
[1:14:51] | What am I missing? | 你想说什么 |
[1:14:53] | These are hard moves to explain to people. | 这样的换人很难向别人解释 |
[1:14:56] | Why is that a problem, Pete? | 为什么这成问题了 皮特 |
[1:15:01] | Don’t make an emotional decision, Billy. | 别冲动 比利 |
[1:15:03] | David Dombrowski’s on 3. | 大卫·东布罗夫斯基在3号线 |
[1:15:05] | Look, we’re gonna shake things up. | 听着 我们得整顿球队 |
[1:15:08] | Dave. Pena’s going on the block. | 戴夫 我们准备卖掉佩纳 |
[1:15:09] | You’re my first call. | 第一个通知你 |
[1:15:12] | Because he’s making the rest of the team look bad. | 因为他让队里其他人很难堪 |
[1:15:15] | He’s gonna be a Rookie of the Year again. | 今年最佳新秀他又会榜上有名 |
[1:15:17] | Probably an All-Star. | 也许会就加入全明星 |
[1:15:19] | He’s an All-Star, Dave. | 他就是个全明星 戴夫 |
[1:15:21] | No. I want a reliever and cash. | 不 我想要个候援投手和现金 |
[1:15:25] | Okay. You got five minutes, Dave. I’m not waiting. | 给你五分钟 戴夫 我不久等 |
[1:15:29] | Billy, Pena is an All-Star, okay? | 比利 佩纳会入选全明星队 |
[1:15:33] | And if you dump him | 如果你现在卖掉了他 |
[1:15:35] | and this Hatteberg thing doesn’t work out, you know this is- | 哈特伯格又接不上 这… |
[1:15:39] | This is the kind of decision that gets you fired. | 这样的决策失误 会让你被炒掉 |
[1:15:42] | It is. | 肯定的 |
[1:15:45] | Yes, you’re right. | 你说的对 |
[1:15:47] | I may lose my job. | 我可能被炒掉 |
[1:15:50] | In which case I’m a 44-year-old guy with a high school diploma | 那样的话 我44岁 只有高中学历 |
[1:15:53] | and a daughter I’d like to be able to send to college. | 还很想送女儿上大学 |
[1:15:57] | You’re 25 years old, with a degree from Yale | 而你才二十五岁 耶鲁大学毕业 |
[1:16:00] | and a pretty impressive apprenticeship. | 还有很漂亮的见习履历 |
[1:16:04] | I don’t think we’re asking the right question. | 我想我们没有说到点子上 |
[1:16:07] | I think the question we should be asking is, | 我们应该思考的问题是 |
[1:16:10] | do you believe in this thing or not? | 你到底信不信我们会成功 |
[1:16:14] | I do. | 我信 |
[1:16:19] | It’s a problem you think we need to explain ourselves. | 你还觉得我们有必要向别人解释 |
[1:16:22] | Don’t. To anyone. | 不必 向任何人解释 |
[1:16:33] | Now, I’m gonna see this thing through, for better or worse. | 不管成功与否 我都会一以贯之 |
[1:16:40] | Just tell me, do you project | 你只要告诉我 你预计 |
[1:16:42] | we’ll win more with Hatteberg or Pena at first? | 哈特伯格还是佩纳首发 我们的胜率更大 |
[1:16:45] | It’s close but… | 差不多 但… |
[1:16:49] | theoretically, Hatteberg. | 理论上 我选哈特伯格 |
[1:16:52] | What are we talking about, then? | 那还有什么好说的呢 |
[1:16:54] | Dombrowski’s on again, on 3. | 东布罗夫斯基回电 3号线 |
[1:17:01] | Okay, that’ll work. | 行 就这样 |
[1:17:04] | Great. I need one more thing. | 很好 还有一件事 |
[1:17:06] | Soda. Yeah, I don’t want my guys paying for soda. | 汽水 我不想球员们还得为汽水付钱 |
[1:17:10] | I want you to stock my machine for three years. | 我要你为自动贩卖机供货三年 |
[1:17:13] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[1:17:15] | Great. It’s a deal. | 好 一言为定 |
[1:17:18] | Go tell Pena he’s gotta pack. | 去通知佩纳打包走人 |
[1:17:22] | – You want me to tell Pena? – Part of the job. | -你要我去通知他吗 -那是你工作的一部分 |
[1:17:27] | What about Giambi? You want me to tell him too? | 那吉昂比呢 也要我去通知吗 |
[1:17:30] | I’ll tell him. | 我来 |
[1:17:39] | Excuse me, Carlos? | 打扰一下 卡洛斯 |
[1:17:41] | Can I speak with you a minute? | 能借一步说话吗 |
[1:17:51] | Carlos, you’ve been traded to the Tigers. | 卡洛斯 你被卖到老虎队了 |
[1:17:57] | This is Jay Palmer’s number. | 这是杰伊·帕尔默的电话号码 |
[1:18:00] | He’s the traveling secretary for the team. | 他是随队秘书 |
[1:18:02] | He’s expecting your call. He’ll take care of everything. | 他在等你电话 会帮你搞定一切 |
[1:18:15] | – Is that it? – Yes. | -就这样? -是 |
[1:18:42] | Art, you got a minute? | 阿尔特 你现在方便吗 |
[1:18:47] | Yeah. Take a seat. | 进来坐 |
[1:18:53] | You can’t start Pena at first tonight. | 今天佩纳不能首发 |
[1:18:56] | You’ll have to start Hatteberg. | 你得让哈特伯格首发 |
[1:18:58] | I don’t wanna go 15 rounds, Billy. | 我不想为这事纠缠不清 比利 |
[1:19:01] | The lineup card is mine, and that’s all. | 上场阵容由我定 没什么好说的了 |
[1:19:03] | That lineup card is definitely yours. | 上场阵容当然由你定 |
[1:19:06] | I’m just saying you can’t start Pena at first. | 我只是说你不能让佩纳首发 |
[1:19:11] | I am starting him at first. | 我就让他首发 |
[1:19:14] | I don’t think so. He plays for Detroit now. | 他首发不了了 他现在归底特律队了 |
[1:19:22] | You traded Pena? | 你把佩纳卖了吗 |
[1:19:27] | And Menechino, Hiljus, Tam are all being sent down. | 还有梅内齐诺 黑尔杰斯 塔姆一并打发了 |
[1:19:31] | – You are outside your mind. – Yeah. Cuckoo. | -你疯了 -是有点 |
[1:19:37] | – You wanted to see me? – Yeah, Jeremy, grab a seat. | -你有事找我吗 -嗯 杰里米 坐 |
[1:19:44] | Jeremy, you’ve been traded to the Phillies. | 杰里米 你被转到费城了 |
[1:19:46] | This is Ed Wade’s number. | 这是艾德·韦德的电话号码 |
[1:19:48] | He’s a good guy, the GM. | 他是球队经理 人不错 |
[1:19:49] | He’s expecting your call. | 他在等你电话 |
[1:19:52] | Buddy will help you with the plane flight. | 巴迪会为你安排好机票 |
[1:19:56] | You’re a good ballplayer, Jeremy, | 你球打得不错 杰里米 |
[1:19:59] | and we wish you the best. | 祝你好运 |
[1:20:18] | Jeremy’s gone too. | 杰里米也走了 |
[1:20:22] | You’re killing this team. | 你在扼杀这支球队 |
[1:20:24] | Art, I can do this all day long. | 阿尔特 我能这么一直搞下去 |
[1:20:36] | You agree with this? | 你没意见吧 |
[1:20:40] | Hundred percent. | 百分之百 |
[1:20:43] | You want this door closed? | 要我带上门吗 |
[1:20:57] | – Scotty H. – Sir? | -史考特·H. -有何吩咐 |
[1:21:00] | – Go field some grounders. – Yes, sir. | -去练习一下滚地球 -好的 |
[1:21:04] | Everybody, listen up. | 大伙儿 听着 |
[1:21:09] | You may not look like a winning team… | 你们看起来也许不像胜利之队 |
[1:21:15] | but you are one. | 但你们就是 |
[1:21:22] | So… | 所以 |
[1:21:25] | play like one tonight. | 今晚拿出胜利之队的样子来 |
[1:21:35] | Oh, shit. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:21:40] | When you’re getting your pitch, you’re hitting .625, | 有时你击球 击打率是0.625 |
[1:21:43] | which is massive. | 非常高 |
[1:21:44] | You’re crushing the ball. | 球都快被你击碎了 |
[1:21:46] | But when you swing at things- | 但有时 |
[1:21:47] | You know your pitch is middle-in. | 碰到中路球 |
[1:21:49] | When you’re swinging low and away, | 你挥棒或低或偏 |
[1:21:50] | you’re batting. 158. | 你的击打率只有0.158 |
[1:21:52] | Every at bat’s like a hand of blackjack. | 每次击球都像玩二十一点 |
[1:21:54] | Every card that’s dealt, your odd’s completely change. | 每发一张牌 你的胜率就变了 |
[1:21:57] | So every first-pitch strike, | 所以每错过第一个好球 |
[1:21:58] | your batting average goes down about 75 points. | 你的击打率就下降七十五个百分点 |
[1:22:01] | Seventy-five points. | 七十五个百分点啊 |
[1:22:03] | He should throw 100 pitches before the fifth. | 他应该在第五局前投出100个球 |
[1:22:05] | You wanna knock that starter out. | 你想让先发投手出局 |
[1:22:06] | You deepen their bull-pen. | 让候补永远候补 |
[1:22:07] | I want you taking at bats off | 赛季结束前 我要你们 |
[1:22:08] | the 10th and 11th pitcher by the end of series. | 在碰到第十和十一名投手时减少打数 |
[1:22:11] | This is your basic breakdown of all the locations of the pitches, | 看这些所有来球位置的基本分析 |
[1:22:13] | where you should be hitting them, why you should be hitting them. | 你该在哪里击打 为什么要击打 |
[1:22:15] | So you want us to walk more? | 所以你希望我们多保送吗 |
[1:22:18] | Good question. Yes. | 问得好 对 多保送 |
[1:22:20] | Mr. Justice. | 贾斯蒂斯先生 |
[1:22:23] | Had a few thoughts. | 有点事要跟你说 |
[1:22:25] | Gonna teach me some things? | 想教导我吗 |
[1:22:28] | Excuse me? | 此话怎讲 |
[1:22:31] | Never seen a GM talk to players like that. | 从没见经理跟球员这样谈话 |
[1:22:33] | You never seen a GM who was a player. | 你也从没见过打过球的经理 |
[1:22:42] | – We got a problem, David? – No, it’s okay. | -你有情绪吗 大卫 -没有 |
[1:22:45] | I know your routine. | 我了解你那一套 |
[1:22:48] | It’s patter. It’s for effect. | 喋喋不休 做做样子 |
[1:22:52] | But it’s for them, all right? | 我不吃那一套 知道吗 |
[1:22:55] | That shit ain’t for me. | 别跟我扯这些屁话 |
[1:22:57] | Oh, you’re special? | 你觉得自己很特别吗 |
[1:23:01] | You’re paying me 7 million bucks a year, man, so, | 你每年付我七百万 伙计 所以… |
[1:23:05] | yeah, maybe I am, a little bit. | 也许我是有点特别 |
[1:23:08] | No, man, I ain’t paying you 7. | 不 伙计 我可没付你七百万 |
[1:23:12] | Yankees are paying half your salary. | 洋基队付了你一半薪水 |
[1:23:14] | That’s what the New York Yankees think of you. | 他们认为你就值那么多 |
[1:23:18] | They’re paying you $3.5 million to play against them. | 他们付你三百五十万与他们对打 |
[1:23:23] | Where you going with this, Billy? | 你到底想说什么 比利 |
[1:23:26] | David, you’re 37. | 大卫 你已经三十七岁了 |
[1:23:29] | How about you and I be honest about what each of us want out of this? | 你我为何不开诚布公 各取所需呢 |
[1:23:34] | I wanna milk the last ounce of baseball you got in you. | 我想榨干你最后一点棒球能力 |
[1:23:38] | And you wanna stay in the show. | 你想继续留在赛场上 |
[1:23:41] | Let’s do that. | 我们一起干 |
[1:23:43] | I’m not paying you for the player you used to be. | 我付你薪水 不是因为你以前的名声 |
[1:23:46] | I’m paying you for the player you are right now. | 而是你目前的能力 |
[1:23:49] | You’re smart. You get what we’re trying to do here. | 你很聪明 知道我们努力的目标 |
[1:23:53] | Make an example for the younger guys. | 给年轻球员做个榜样 |
[1:23:56] | Be a leader. | 做个领袖 |
[1:23:58] | Can you do that? | 你做得到吗 |
[1:24:07] | All right. I got you. | 行 明白了 |
[1:24:13] | We’re cool? | 我们没隔阂了吧 |
[1:24:16] | We’re cool. | 没了 |
[1:24:23] | Scotty H. | 史考特·H. |
[1:24:25] | – Yo, what’s up, D.J.? – Picking machine. | -你还好吗 D.J. -你就像个接球机 |
[1:24:28] | How you liking first base, man? | 哥们 你觉得一垒怎么样 |
[1:24:32] | It’s coming along. Picking it up. | 球过来了 就接住 |
[1:24:35] | You know, tough transition, | 换角色不容易啊 |
[1:24:37] | but I’m starting to feel better with it. | 但我开始有点感觉了 |
[1:24:41] | What’s your biggest fear? | 你最怕什么 |
[1:24:44] | A baseball being hit in my general direction. | 有球迎面飞来 |
[1:24:49] | That’s funny. Seriously, what is it? | 很好笑 认真点 最怕什么 |
[1:24:55] | No, seriously, that is. | 真的 没开玩笑 |
[1:25:08] | Well, hey, good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[1:25:11] | Be social out there. | 多和大家交流 |
[1:25:14] | Social. | 交流什么 |
[1:25:15] | Social. Like a greeter at the Gap. | 交流 就像卖衣服的导购 |
[1:25:17] | Guy steps into your office, chat him up. | 有人进了你办公室 随便聊聊 |
[1:25:19] | You’re well-read. You went to school. | 你读过书 上过学 |
[1:25:22] | Have some fun. Relax. | 找点乐子 放松点 |
[1:25:24] | Everyone wants to attack. Quit trying to attack. | 每个人都想进攻 非常想进攻 |
[1:25:27] | Let the game come to you, man. There’s no clock on this thing. | 要耐心等机会 着急也没用 |
[1:25:31] | This is a war of attrition. | 这是场持久战 |
[1:25:32] | If I take more, I could even take a few strikes, | 如果我注重进攻 即便投出几个好球 |
[1:25:35] | but I’ll get walked more. | 但也增加了对手保送的机会 |
[1:25:37] | You get on base, we win. | 你能上垒 我们就赢 |
[1:25:39] | You don’t, we lose. | 你上不了垒 我们就输 |
[1:25:41] | And I hate losing, Chavvie. I hate it. | 我最恨输球 查韦 我恨输球 |
[1:25:44] | I hate losing more than I even wanna win. | 我对输球的厌恶远胜我对赢球的渴望 |
[1:25:47] | And there’s a difference. | 两者之间有区别 |
[1:25:48] | – No bunts. – Bunts is an out. | -别短打 -短打会出局 |
[1:25:50] | Even if the third baseman is back? | 即使三垒手跑回来了也不行吗 |
[1:25:52] | No bunting whatsoever. | 任何情况下都不行 |
[1:25:54] | If someone bunts on us, pick it up and throw it to first. | 如果对手短打 马上捡起球投向一垒手 |
[1:25:56] | Don’t try be a hero and go to second. | 千万别充英雄投给二垒手 |
[1:25:58] | Let them make the mistakes. | 让他们失误 |
[1:26:00] | When your enemy’s making mistakes, don’t interrupt them. | 当敌人在失误时 别妨碍他们 |
[1:26:03] | They’re giving you an out. They just giving it to you. | 他们会出局 把胜利拱手相让 |
[1:26:06] | Take it. Say thank you. | 接受胜利 说声多谢 |
[1:26:07] | Another thing. No more stealing. | 还有一点 别盗垒 |
[1:26:09] | That’s what I do, what you pay me to do. | 这是我的强项 也是你雇我的原因 |
[1:26:12] | No. I pay you to get on first, | 不 我雇你是让你上一垒 |
[1:26:13] | not get thrown out at second. | 不是让你在二垒被封杀 |
[1:26:15] | This is a process. It’s a process, it’s a process. Okay? | 按部就班 循序渐进 懂了吗 |
[1:26:32] | Jason takes it, goes to second | 杰森接到球 来到二垒 |
[1:26:34] | for the only out, and the A’s get a run. | 击球手出局 奥克兰运动家队得一分 |
[1:26:38] | Jermaine Dye homers again, | 杰曼·戴再次打出全垒打 |
[1:26:40] | his second in two games. | 连续两场比赛有两个全垒打了 |
[1:26:42] | And the A’s are still hanging in. | 运动家队还是前途未卜 |
[1:26:45] | We’ll get you some scores here. | 我们来看看分数 |
[1:26:46] | The A’s pull within two of the Angels for the wild-card chase. | 外卡赛里运动家队只落后天使队两分 |
[1:26:51] | The Reds have now dropped five in a row | 红人队现在已连输五场 |
[1:26:53] | as Oakland beats them | 他们和运动家队的三联赛中 |
[1:26:55] | in the beginning of this three-game series 5 to 3. | 一开局就以五比三落败 |
[1:26:57] | Tejada walks. | 特谢达保送一垒 |
[1:26:58] | Ball four. | 四坏球 |
[1:27:00] | Ball four and Hatteberg walks. | 四个坏球 哈特伯格保送一垒 |
[1:27:04] | What is happening in Oakland? | 运动家队到底怎么了 |
[1:27:06] | The A’s have won seven in a row. | 他们已经连胜七场 |
[1:27:08] | A lot of excitement. What a winning streak. | 真让人兴奋 多难得的连胜啊 |
[1:27:10] | But how about the calming influence of Art Howe? | 是因为阿尔特·豪的沉稳影响了球员吗 |
[1:27:13] | When you say “Your source,” | 你所说的”消息人士” |
[1:27:15] | if it’s not me or Peter | 如果不是我或彼得 |
[1:27:16] | then they don’t know what they’re talking about. | 那他们就在胡编乱造 |
[1:27:17] | He’s managing an unorthodox team. | 他指挥着一支非正统球队 |
[1:27:19] | – Right. – It’s not a perfect roster. | -行 -阵容并不完美 |
[1:27:21] | But right now, Art Howe is the reason this team is winning. | 现在阿尔特·豪正是球队大胜的原因 |
[1:27:25] | He deserves the credit. | 他劳苦功高 |
[1:27:26] | Great, thanks. Bye. | 好 谢谢 再见 |
[1:27:27] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[1:27:29] | I heard “Seven in a row. “ | 我听到”连赢七场” |
[1:27:30] | You get the Cleveland matchups? | 你有印第安人队的比赛数据吗 |
[1:27:32] | Yeah, right here. | 有 你看 |
[1:27:42] | – Voos. – Billy. | -威欧斯 -比利 |
[1:27:43] | – That smell is getting worse. – I’m on it. | -这味道越来越难闻了 -我正在处理 |
[1:27:47] | – You doing it right? – Splitting it in half? | -你明白了吗 -对半分吗 |
[1:27:50] | – Both sides of the plate. – Got it. | -本垒板的两边 -明白 |
[1:27:52] | – Huddy. Mix it up. – Yes, Sir. | -胡迪 往狠里打 -好的 |
[1:27:55] | – Trust your slider, yeah? – Yes, Sir. | -相信你的滑行曲线球 -好的 |
[1:27:57] | You guys quit distracting him. | 你们这些家伙别影响他 |
[1:27:59] | Chavvie, you couldn’t hit that shit last night with a boat paddle. | 查韦 昨晚那烂球你别击打啊 |
[1:28:02] | You gotta see more pitches. | 你得多等几个投球 |
[1:28:04] | – All right, Billy. – Patience. | -好的 比利 -耐心点 |
[1:28:10] | – Hey, David. – Hey, Billy. | -大卫 -比利 |
[1:28:12] | – Great at bats. – Thank you. | -打得漂亮 -谢谢 |
[1:28:14] | – Really quality. – Thank you. | -有水准 -谢谢 |
[1:28:15] | Base hit to right field. Tejada scores. | 球飞到了右外野 特谢达得分 |
[1:28:18] | Chavez coming in. The ball gets past Guiel. | 查韦斯冲过来 球越过了古烈 |
[1:28:22] | The A’s, from 5-capped down, now leads 6 to 5. | 落后5分的运动家队 现在6比5领先 |
[1:28:36] | The Oakland A’s are completely out of hand at the moment. | 奥克兰运动家队如今可是炙手可热 |
[1:28:39] | They are an AL-best 17 and for this month, | 晋升联盟17强 而且本月以来 |
[1:28:42] | they also took back-to-back series at Boston and at New York. | 他们拿下了波士顿和纽约的背靠背系列赛 |
[1:28:46] | Remember | 要记得 |
[1:28:47] | when they traded Jeremy Giambi in June | 六月份他们换掉杰瑞米·吉昂比时 |
[1:28:49] | and everyone thought they’d just given up? | 所有人都以为他们放弃了 |
[1:28:51] | Actually, not so much. | 事实上 绝非如此 |
[1:28:58] | Suzanne, get Shapiro on the phone. | 苏珊娜 帮我接夏皮罗 |
[1:29:01] | You thinking Rincon? | 你想要林孔? |
[1:29:02] | Yeah. His season’s done. | 对 他没机会上场了 |
[1:29:03] | He’s lost faith. | 他没信心了 |
[1:29:05] | I think he’s gonna dump him. | 我觉得他会甩掉他 |
[1:29:07] | Hard-core. | 心意已决啊 |
[1:29:08] | Shapiro on 2. | 夏皮罗在2号线 |
[1:29:12] | Mark, Billy. Let’s be honest. | 马克 我是比利 我们就实话实说吧 |
[1:29:14] | A premier setup man isn’t gonna get you closer to the play-offs. | 再优秀的中继投手也帮不了你进季后赛 |
[1:29:17] | Are you referring to Rincon? | 你是指林孔吗 |
[1:29:19] | He’s a luxury you can’t afford, man. | 他太贵了 你买不起的 伙计 |
[1:29:21] | And you can? There’s half a million on his contract. | 你买得起吗 他的合同里还有五十万 |
[1:29:24] | And we’ve got at least one other suitor. | 我们还有至少一个有兴趣的买家 |
[1:29:26] | By “At least one,” You mean one. | 你说”至少一个” 就是只有一个 |
[1:29:29] | – Who is it? – I’d rather not say. | -是哪个队 -我不便透露 |
[1:29:32] | San Francisco. San Francisco. | 旧金山队 旧金山队 |
[1:29:34] | I’ll call you back. | 我再打给你 |
[1:29:38] | What do you think we can get for Magnante? | 你觉得我们拿马格南特能换到什么 |
[1:29:40] | Nothing. | 什么也换不到 |
[1:29:42] | What’s left on Venafro’s contract? | 韦纳夫罗的合同里还有多少 |
[1:29:44] | Two seventy-five. | 二十七万五千 |
[1:29:46] | Suzanne, get me Sabean on the line. | 苏珊娜 帮我接赛宾 |
[1:29:48] | Get the Giants interested in Venafro, | 想办法让旧金山巨人队对韦纳夫罗感兴趣 |
[1:29:50] | Mark’s only got one buyer for Rincon. | 马克就只有一个买家了 |
[1:29:52] | – Us. – On 3. | -只有我们了 -3号线 |
[1:29:56] | Saby-Sabster, it’s Billy. | 赛比 赛布斯特 我是比利 |
[1:29:58] | What do you think of Venafro? | 你觉得韦纳夫罗怎么样 |
[1:29:59] | I can let you have him for almost nothing. | 我可以让你低价买到他 |
[1:30:02] | – Why would you do that? – Because I’m amazing. | -你为什么这么做 -因为我人好 |
[1:30:05] | All I want a couple of bucks and a sweetener. | 我只要点小钱和好处 |
[1:30:07] | Throw in, say… | 我想要 譬如说… |
[1:30:09] | – Anderson. – Anderson. | -安德森 -安德森 |
[1:30:11] | I like Anderson. | 我喜欢安德森 |
[1:30:13] | No, you don’t. Nobody likes him. | 不 你不喜欢 没人喜欢他 |
[1:30:14] | I don’t know why I’m doing this. But let’s do it. | 我不知道自己干嘛这样 就这么做吧 |
[1:30:17] | – Venafro for Michaelson. – Anderson. | -韦纳夫罗换迈克尔森 -安德森 |
[1:30:19] | I don’t know his name. | 我都记不住他名字 |
[1:30:20] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑考虑 |
[1:30:21] | Think about it and call me back. | 考虑一下 回我电话 |
[1:30:24] | Get Shapiro on. | 接夏皮罗 |
[1:30:34] | Shapiro’s on 2. | 夏皮罗2号线 |
[1:30:38] | – Mark. – You can’t afford him, Billy. | -马克 -你买不起他的 比利 |
[1:30:40] | You sure about that? | 你这么肯定吗 |
[1:30:41] | I get the impression the market for Rincon is softening. | 我感觉对林孔的需求在减少啊 |
[1:30:44] | I could be wrong, | 有可能是我感觉错了 |
[1:30:46] | but I’d call whoever’s interested | 不过我可以打给所有有意向的人 |
[1:30:48] | and see if they’re still interested. Call me back. | 看他们是否还有兴趣 再打给我 |
[1:30:52] | What about the Mets for Venafro? | 韦纳夫罗卖给大都会队怎么样 |
[1:30:54] | You offered him to the Giants. | 你已经给巨人队了 |
[1:30:56] | Suzanne, Steve Phillips. | 苏珊娜 接史迪夫·菲利普 |
[1:30:57] | Between Bonds, Kent, Nen, Snow, | 在邦兹 肯特 楠 斯诺之间 |
[1:31:01] | San Francisco’s never gonna do it. | 旧金山队不会要他的 |
[1:31:03] | Totally agree. | 完全同意 |
[1:31:04] | We just need them to cool on Rincon. | 我们只想让他们别惦记林孔 |
[1:31:07] | – Phillips on 2. – Steve-o, it’s Billy. | -菲利普2号线 -史蒂夫·O 我是比利. |
[1:31:10] | I hear you’re looking for a left-handed reliever. | 听说你在找左撇子候援投手 |
[1:31:11] | I can give you Venafro. | 我可以把韦纳夫罗转给你 |
[1:31:14] | I can make it quick and easy. What’s the angle? | -马上可以办 -有什么阴谋 |
[1:31:17] | No angle. | 没阴谋 |
[1:31:17] | Who am I getting fleeced for? | 你在打谁的主意 |
[1:31:20] | – Hang on a sec. – Uh, Bennett, maybe? | -稍等 -要不班尼特 |
[1:31:24] | – How old? – Twenty-six. | -他几岁 -26岁 |
[1:31:25] | Twenty-six, Double-A? Forget it. | 26岁 小联盟球员 别指望了 |
[1:31:27] | Duncan, no. | 邓肯 不行 |
[1:31:31] | No. Furbush, no. | 佛布希 也不行 |
[1:31:36] | Eckerton? Eckerton? Eckerton. | 要不艾克顿 就艾克顿 |
[1:31:40] | Eckerton. | 艾克顿 |
[1:31:42] | Eckerton, I like Eckerton. | 我喜欢艾克顿 |
[1:31:43] | You don’t even know who Eckerton is. | 你都不知道艾克顿是谁 |
[1:31:45] | – Is Venafro hurt? – No, he’s fine, he’s fine. | -韦纳夫罗受伤了吗 -不 他很好 |
[1:31:48] | It’s just an issue for us. | 只是我们想换掉他 |
[1:31:50] | Last couple times, he got hammered. | 最近几场比赛 他饱受打击 |
[1:31:51] | Not his fault. | 不是他的错 |
[1:31:52] | That was us. We misused him. | 是我们的错 我们没用好 |
[1:31:54] | It’s Steve. | 是史蒂夫 |
[1:31:55] | – I’m almost done. – Steve Schott. | -马上就好 -史蒂夫·肖特 |
[1:31:57] | Look, Steve-o, let me be straight with you. | 听着 史蒂夫-O 坦白跟你说 |
[1:32:00] | Here’s the deal. I’m getting Rincon. It’s a done deal. | 是这样的 我想要林孔 一定要拿到他 |
[1:32:03] | I heard the Giants | 我听说巨人队 |
[1:32:04] | No, the Giants want Venafro. | 不是 巨人队想要韦纳夫罗 |
[1:32:05] | I told them can have him for Michaelson. | 我跟他们说可以拿迈克尔森来换 |
[1:32:07] | – Anderson. – But I’d rather deal with you. | -安德森 -但我更想和你交易 |
[1:32:09] | You can give me Eckerton and $225,000 in cash, | 你可以给我艾克顿加二十二万五千现金 |
[1:32:12] | and the Giants can’t. | 巨人队做不到 |
[1:32:15] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[1:32:16] | Think about it. | 考虑吧 |
[1:32:17] | But whoever calls me back first gets Venafro. | 但是谁先打我电话 谁先得到韦纳夫罗 |
[1:32:22] | Schott hung up. | 肖特挂电话了 |
[1:32:24] | Oh, I want this one. | 我想要林孔 |
[1:32:36] | Why isn’t anybody calling? | 怎么没人回电话 |
[1:32:41] | Shapiro’s on 2. | 夏皮罗在2号线 |
[1:32:44] | Yeah? | 怎么样 |
[1:32:50] | Okay, let me talk to my owner. | 好 我先请示一下老板 |
[1:32:52] | I’ll call you back. | 再回你电话 |
[1:32:53] | Get Steve on the phone. | 帮我接史蒂夫 |
[1:32:54] | Schott or Phillips? | 打给肖特还是菲利普 |
[1:32:56] | Why would we call Phillips? | 干嘛要打给菲利普 |
[1:32:57] | Phillips has gotta call us. | 等菲利普打给我们 |
[1:33:02] | Tell him I’m on the other line. | 跟他说我正在通电话 |
[1:33:08] | Hi, Mr. Schott, it’s Peter Brand. | 肖特先生 我是皮特·布兰德 |
[1:33:10] | I apologize for putting you on hold earlier. | 很抱歉之前让您久等 |
[1:33:12] | Billy asked me to call you back, he’s on the other line. | 比利要我打给您 他正在通电话 |
[1:33:14] | Tell him we want 225,000 for Rincon. | 跟他说我们想出二十二万五千买林孔 |
[1:33:17] | Billy says he needs $225,000 for Ricardo Rincon. | 比利说他想用二十二万五千买里卡多·林孔 |
[1:33:22] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[1:33:25] | Yes, I added the “Please” at the end. | 是 我在句尾加了”拜托” |
[1:33:30] | Okay. Let me- Hold on one second, please. | 好 让我… 请稍等片刻 |
[1:33:34] | Tell him I’ll pay for him. | 跟他说我自己买他 |
[1:33:36] | But when I sell him back for twice the amount next year, | 但明年我翻倍出售他的时候 |
[1:33:39] | I keep the money. | 钱归我 |
[1:33:43] | Okay, so Billy says he’ll pay for Rincon himself. | 比利说他自掏腰包买林孔 |
[1:33:46] | But when he sells him for more money next year, | 但明年转卖他的差价 |
[1:33:48] | he’s keeping the profit. | 利润也归他 |
[1:34:00] | Thank you very much. We’ll call you back. Thank you. | 不胜感激 我们会再打给你 |
[1:34:03] | Come on. Come on. | 成了 成了 |
[1:34:11] | Suzanne, call Shapiro ba- | 苏珊娜 接一下夏皮罗·巴… |
[1:34:13] | Never mind, I got him right here. | 算了 我自己打 |
[1:34:17] | Mark. Yeah. | 马克 |
[1:34:19] | Listen, I don’t want Rincon pitching against me tonight. | 我不想让林孔今晚还跟我对阵 |
[1:34:22] | Tell him to change clothes and send him over. | 让他换了队服过来 |
[1:34:24] | I got you the money. | 钱马上给你 |
[1:34:26] | Yup. | 对 |
[1:34:27] | Great. | 好极了 |
[1:34:33] | I don’t wanna dampen the mood at all, | 我不是泼冷水啊 |
[1:34:35] | but since we picked up Rincon… | 但我们签了林孔的话 |
[1:34:37] | We gotta send someone down. | 就得让一个球员离开 |
[1:34:46] | – Mags. – Hey, Billy. | -梅格斯 -比利 |
[1:34:52] | I know I’ve been struggling lately. | 我明白我最近有点伤病 |
[1:34:54] | But second half of the season, | 但到了后半个赛季 |
[1:34:56] | definitely turn it around. Ricky and I- | 就能康复 我跟里基… |
[1:34:58] | Mike, I need you to stop getting dressed. | 迈克 别换衣服了 |
[1:35:05] | Traded? | 把我交易了吗 |
[1:35:17] | I’m sorry for the crap news. | 很抱歉告诉你这个不幸的消息 |
[1:35:20] | I know it hurts. | 我知道不好受 |
[1:35:32] | Mike, I can’t have 26 guys in the clubhouse. | 迈克 更衣室里容不下二十六个人 |
[1:35:35] | I get it. I get it. | 我懂了 我懂 |
[1:35:40] | Okay. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:35:57] | Hey, Ricardo. | 里卡多 |
[1:36:01] | This must be a bit of a shock, I guess. | 有点出乎意料吧 |
[1:36:04] | Mabry hits one deep to right-center field. | 马布里将球击向右中外野 |
[1:36:06] | Racing back, Fick can’t get it. | 回跑本垒 菲克没接到球 |
[1:36:09] | It bounces to the wall. One run is in. Two runs are in. | 球弹向外墙 得一分 得两分 |
[1:36:13] | Mabry, on one pitch, has shot the A’s in front. | 马布里这次击球让运动家队领先了 |
[1:36:16] | Strike three called. Twelve straight wins for the Athletics. | 裁判判为三振 运动家队获得十二场连胜 |
[1:36:21] | Man alive, was it hairy. | 狭路相逢勇者胜 |
[1:36:22] | Something strange is now happening in Oakland. | 奥克兰运动家队最近表现太神奇了 |
[1:36:25] | You cannot argue that point. Twelve straight. | 这是有目共睹的 连胜十二场 |
[1:36:27] | They’re making a joke out of the American League. | 他们开了美国联盟一个大玩笑 |
[1:36:30] | They were in Detroit today- | 他们今天在底特律… |
[1:36:32] | He throws to first. | 将球扔回一垒 |
[1:36:33] | And that’s the sound of 14 straight victories. | 他们创造了十四场的连胜纪录 |
[1:36:37] | Fourteen, the longest run this year. | 十四场 年度最长连胜纪录 |
[1:36:39] | It has slingshot the A’s into first in the AL West. | 这将运动家队带上了西部联赛的首位 |
[1:36:42] | This team was written off. | 这支球队曾不值一文 |
[1:36:44] | How do you explain, otherwise, | 不然你怎么解释 |
[1:36:46] | the victories they’ve come up with? | 他们这样一直连胜呢 |
[1:36:48] | The Oakland A’s are gonna win 16 consecutive games. | 奥克兰运动家队将迎来第十六场连胜 |
[1:36:53] | This is the longest win streak in baseball, folks, in 25 years. | 这是25年来棒球联赛中最长的连胜纪录 |
[1:36:59] | The A’s have won 16 in a row. | 运动家队连胜十六场 |
[1:37:01] | We’re going to 20! We’re going to 20! | 我们要向二十场冲刺 |
[1:37:03] | To have a winning streak of anything like this duration, | 能连胜这么多场 |
[1:37:05] | you have to be good, | 你必需得有实力 |
[1:37:08] | but there’s an element of randomness to it. | 但也需要点运气 |
[1:37:11] | The 1927 Yankees, Ruth, Gehrig, Murderers’ Row, | 1927年纽约洋基的 鲁思 戈里格 杀手打线, |
[1:37:14] | some people still say the best team ever. | 至今还有人说他们是永远的梦幻之队 |
[1:37:17] | Longest winning streak for them that year? Nine. | 他们最长的连胜纪录也不过九场 |
[1:37:20] | You guys try to analyze it from a numbers standpoint. | 你们想根据数据分析出结果 |
[1:37:24] | I’m telling you, | 告诉你们 |
[1:37:25] | there is no explanation for what’s occurring right now. | 那根本无法解释现状 |
[1:37:28] | Do you have superstitions going on? | 你们是有神灵相助吗 |
[1:37:30] | Do you do things so you keep the streak alive? | 你们是靠装神弄鬼才保持连胜吗 |
[1:37:32] | The all-time record of 20 does not seem impossible anymore. | 二十场连胜纪录也许不再是痴人说梦 |
[1:37:36] | The A’s were on page one of the New York Times. | 运动家队登上了纽约时报头条 |
[1:37:39] | They are the story in sports in this entire country. | 他们是美国体育的传奇 |
[1:37:42] | Two-two pitch, here it is. | 投球两好两坏 快看 |
[1:37:44] | Swing and a miss! Struck him out! Number 17! | 击空 三振出局 连胜十七场 |
[1:37:48] | It’s taken 71 years. | 71年之后 |
[1:37:51] | The Oakland A’s have tied the Philadelphia A’s. | 运动家队在奥克兰平了他们在费城的记录 |
[1:37:54] | The all-time franchise record 17 straight | 十七场连胜是他们球队的历史记录 |
[1:37:58] | and baseball’s longest winning streak since 1953. | 也是棒球界自1953年之后最长的连胜记录 |
[1:38:04] | The A’s are two wins away | 运动家队再胜两场 |
[1:38:05] | from tying the American League record. | 就能平了美国联盟的连胜纪录 |
[1:38:08] | It’s gone! It’s gone! | 本垒打 本垒打 |
[1:38:10] | Tejada wins it! Do you believe it? | 特谢达赢了 难以置信 |
[1:38:14] | Eighteen wins in a row! | 十八场连胜 |
[1:38:16] | You could replay these 18 games a hundred times over. | 就算再给你一百次机会 |
[1:38:19] | And nobody wins 18 straight again. | 也没人可以重演十八场连胜的神话 |
[1:38:21] | It defies everything we know about baseball. | 这颠覆了我们对棒球的认识 |
[1:38:24] | The most amazing thing you could imagine | 最近四天 棒球场上发生了 |
[1:38:28] | happened over the last four days at the Coliseum. | 你永远无法想像的事 |
[1:38:31] | Tejada, up the middle. The A’s have won 19 in a row! | 特谢达将球击向外野 十九场连胜 |
[1:38:37] | The 1906 White Sox, | 1906年的芝加哥白袜队 |
[1:38:40] | the 1947 New York Yankees have company. | 1947年的纽约洋基队不再寂寞了 |
[1:38:45] | Nineteen in a row. | 十九场连胜纪录 |
[1:38:47] | The A’s have a date with destiny. | 这是运动家队的天命 |
[1:38:50] | They’re going for the all-time American League record, | 他们的目标是美国联盟的记录 |
[1:38:53] | 20 games in a row. | 二十场连胜 |
[1:38:55] | We’re going to 20! We’re gonna take the AL record to 20, baby! | 二十场了 记录将延续至二十场 |
[1:39:02] | Don’t tell me the score, Pete. | 皮特 别告诉我比分 |
[1:39:04] | No, Billy, it’s me. | 比利 是我 |
[1:39:05] | – Sharon? – Yeah. | -莎伦吗 -是 |
[1:39:09] | – You have a second? – Yeah, what’s up? | -方便说话吗 -什么事 |
[1:39:12] | Well, I didn’t actually expect you to pick up. | 我没想到你会接电话 |
[1:39:15] | I was gonna leave a message. | 我还准备留言呢 |
[1:39:17] | Casey and I, we’re here and watching the game at home. | 我和凯西在家正看着比赛 |
[1:39:21] | And I just wanted to say… | 我只是想说 |
[1:39:26] | you did good, Billy. | 比利 你干得不错 |
[1:39:28] | We’re really proud of you. | 我们为你骄傲 |
[1:39:31] | I appreciate it, Sharon. | 莎伦 不胜感激 |
[1:39:34] | – Thank you. – Good luck. | -谢谢你 -祝好运 |
[1:39:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:39:39] | Oh, Casey wants to talk to you. Hang on. | 凯西想跟你说话 等一下 |
[1:39:42] | Are you on your way to the stadium? | 你在去体育场的路上吗 |
[1:39:44] | No, I’m on my way to Visalia to see our minor-league team. | 不 我在开往维塞利亚 去看看我们的小联盟球队 |
[1:39:47] | – Turn around, please, Dad. – No way, Jose. | -掉头吧 爸爸 -不可能 |
[1:39:50] | – Turn around. Come on, Dad. – Nope. Not gonna happen. | -掉头吧 老爸 -想都别想 |
[1:39:53] | You’re not gonna jinx it. | 不会不吉利的 |
[1:39:54] | I’ll talk to you later, sweetheart. I love you. | 宝贝 我待会儿打给你 我爱你 |
[1:40:04] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[1:40:06] | One out here in the fourth, and if you’re just joining us, | 第四局一人出局 如果你刚打开收音机 |
[1:40:09] | you missed a lot. | 你可错过了很多 |
[1:40:10] | And the pitch to Raul Ibanez. Strike one. | 球投向劳尔·伊巴尼斯 一个好球 |
[1:40:14] | I think my recap will be simple. | 我简单回顾一下 |
[1:40:15] | The A’s scored six in the first, | 运动家队第一轮得到六分 |
[1:40:17] | one in the second, four in the third. | 第二轮一分 第三轮四分 |
[1:40:19] | And people would be shocked if you just did that. | 这比分着实令人震惊 |
[1:40:23] | Eleven to nothing, the A’s do lead. | 十一比零 运动家队领先 |
[1:40:25] | – Shit. – Foul off the foot of Ibanez… | -见鬼 -伊巴尼斯足部犯规… |
[1:40:51] | Let’s go, Oakland! | 加油 奥克兰 |
[1:40:53] | Let’s go, Oakland! | 加油 奥克兰 |
[1:41:04] | Now batting, number 2, catcher, Brent Mayne. | 现在由二号 接球手布伦特·梅恩击球 |
[1:41:14] | Oakland! Here we go, Oakland! | 奥克兰 冲啊 奥克兰 |
[1:41:27] | Two. | 二垒 |
[1:41:30] | Safe. | 安全上垒 |
[1:41:37] | Now batting, | 现在由十八号选手 |
[1:41:39] | number 18, left fielder Raul Ibanez. | 左外野手劳尔·伊巴尼斯击球 |
[1:42:46] | Safe. | 安全上垒 |
[1:42:50] | And the A’s now lead by a score of 11 to 3. | 现在运动家队以十一比三的比分领先 |
[1:42:52] | A nice cushion, but you don’t wanna give teams life | 差距依然很大 但是谁也不想 |
[1:42:55] | and let them wedge their way back in, even when you’re- | 给对手翻身的机会 就算… |
[1:43:42] | Nobody out, the bases loaded. | 无人出局 满垒 |
[1:43:44] | And Art Howe on the way to the mound to make a pitching change. | 阿尔特·豪走向投手板 准备换投手 |
[1:43:47] | And this game is still in a state | 比赛尚未结束 |
[1:43:49] | where it could get out of control for the Athletics. | 运动家队还有被翻盘的危险 |
[1:43:59] | We’re all told at some point | 某一时刻 我们会被告知 |
[1:44:00] | we can no longer play the children’s game. | 我们不能再像孩童般天真 |
[1:44:02] | We just don’t know when that’s gonna be. | 只是不知何时会发生 |
[1:44:10] | Some of us are told at 18, | 有些在年少之时 |
[1:44:12] | some of us are told at 40, but we’re all told. | 有些在不惑之年 但终归会发生 |
[1:44:15] | Mike Sweeney with runners at first and third. | 迈克·史温尼和跑垒员在一垒和三垒 |
[1:44:18] | It’s an 11-to-7 game, the A’s in front. | 目前比分十一比七 运动家队领先 |
[1:44:20] | Tam peering in for the sign. | 点头示意准备投球 |
[1:44:23] | Two out. Runners at first and third. | 两人出局 跑垒员位于一垒和三垒 |
[1:44:26] | And the 3-2 delivery. | 投球两好三坏 |
[1:45:03] | It’s weird, Billy. | 真奇怪 比利 |
[1:45:05] | You wanna give up baseball to become a scout? | 你想放弃棒球 改当球探吗 |
[1:45:10] | I’m not a baseball player. | 我不适合打棒球 |
[1:45:13] | Are you sure this is what you want? | 你确定要转行吗 |
[1:45:17] | The crowd is roaring. | 人群沸腾了 |
[1:45:18] | Koch is ready. One-two pitch. | 科赫准备投球 两好一坏 |
[1:45:22] | Alicea puts it in play, a looper to left field for a base hit. | 埃里希 朝左外野击出一个高飞安打 |
[1:45:26] | Around third, tearing for the plate, here comes the tying run. | 在三垒附近 冲向垒板 比分追平 |
[1:45:29] | Sliding safe. | 安全滑上垒 |
[1:45:30] | And the ball game is tied at 11-all. | 比赛打平了 |
[1:45:33] | Holy Toledo. | 上帝啊 |
[1:45:36] | The A’s have blown an 11-to-nothing lead. | 运动家队十一比零的优势殆尽 |
[1:45:42] | This is the specter of a development that has been lurking now | 自从皇家队第四轮得五分之后 |
[1:45:47] | ever since the five-run fourth inning by the Royals. | 危险似乎在慢慢临近 |
[1:45:51] | And the A’s date with destiny is on hold right now. | 上天对运动家队的眷顾似乎停止了 |
[1:46:22] | Hatteberg. Hattie. | 哈特伯格 哈蒂 |
[1:46:26] | Grab a bat. You’re hitting for Byrnesy. | 拿根球棒 你替柏瑞西击球 |
[1:46:30] | Come on, let’s go. Get yourself loose. | 快去 热热身 |
[1:46:44] | Hitting for Eric Byrnes, | 十号选手 斯科特·海特伯格 |
[1:46:48] | number 10, Scott Hatteberg. | 接替埃里克·拜恩斯上场击球 |
[1:47:00] | In your typical A’s fashion. | 以运动家队的风格 |
[1:47:01] | They want a base runner here. | 他们会在这位置安排一名跑垒手 |
[1:47:04] | Scott Hatteberg is so adept at drawing walks. | 斯科特·海特伯格老练地摆好架势 |
[1:47:11] | He’s looking for Hatteberg to get on base, | 他等哈特伯格上垒后 |
[1:47:13] | maybe bring in a pinch runner. | 可能会换上一名替补跑垒手 |
[1:47:15] | Let’s go, Oakland! | 加油 奥克兰 |
[1:47:18] | Let’s go, Oakland! | 加油 奥克兰 |
[1:48:15] | That one is gone! | 球飞出了界外 |
[1:48:17] | And it’s 20 consecutive victories for the Oakland Athletics | 这是奥克兰运动家队的第二十连胜 |
[1:48:21] | on an unbelievable night | 在失去十一分的领先优势后 |
[1:48:24] | when they lost an 11-to-nothing lead | 今晚他们又出乎意料地 |
[1:48:26] | and now they win it. | 夺下了本场的胜利 |
[1:48:30] | The crowd comes back to insane life. | 球迷们又陷入了疯狂 |
[1:48:37] | How do you explain it? | 简直难以置信 |
[1:48:40] | Crazy. Just plain crazy. | 疯狂 简直太疯狂了 |
[1:48:48] | Hatteberg is mobbed at home plate. | 哈特伯格在本垒被团团围住 |
[1:48:55] | In 103 years of American League baseball, | 在美国棒球联盟103年的历史中 |
[1:48:58] | the Athletics have accomplished what no one has before. | 运动家队创造了史无前例的神话 |
[1:49:02] | They have won 20 consecutive games. | 他们取得了二十连胜 |
[1:49:32] | It’s hard not to be romantic about baseball. | 我们很难不为棒球痴迷 |
[1:49:36] | This kind of thing, it’s fun for the fans. | 但一切只是取悦球迷 |
[1:49:41] | It sells tickets and hot dogs. | 为了卖球票和热狗 |
[1:49:45] | Doesn’t mean anything. | 就毫无意义 |
[1:49:47] | Billy, we just won 20 games in a row. | 比利 我们刚刚连胜了二十次 |
[1:49:53] | And what’s the point? | 所以呢 |
[1:49:55] | We just got the record. | 我们刚破了纪录 |
[1:50:00] | Man, I’ve been doing this for… | 伙计 我做这行有… |
[1:50:09] | Listen, man. | 听着 伙计 |
[1:50:11] | I’ve been in this game a long time. | 我做这行很久了 |
[1:50:16] | I’m not in it for a record, I’ll tell you that. | 我告诉你 我干这行不是为了破纪录 |
[1:50:19] | I’m not in it for a ring. | 不是为了冠军戒指 |
[1:50:24] | That’s when people get hurt. | 不然会一无所有 |
[1:50:28] | If we don’t win the last game of the Series, | 如果我们赢不了这赛季的最后一场比赛 |
[1:50:32] | they’ll dismiss us. | 他们会解雇我们 |
[1:50:34] | Billy- I know these guys. | 比利 我了解他们 |
[1:50:36] | I know the way they think, | 我了解他们的思维方式 |
[1:50:38] | and they will erase us. | 他们会开除我们 |
[1:50:40] | And everything we’ve done here, | 那我们所做的一切 |
[1:50:43] | none of it’ll matter. | 就毫无意义了 |
[1:50:48] | Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. | 其他队赢了世界大赛 他们会兴高采烈 |
[1:50:53] | They’re drinking champagne, they get a ring. | 喝喝香槟 戴上冠军戒指 |
[1:50:56] | But if we win, on our budget, with this team… | 但如果凭我们的预算和这些球员 最终赢了比赛… |
[1:51:05] | we’ll have changed the game. | 我们会改变棒球的潜规则 |
[1:51:08] | And that’s what I want. | 那才是我的目的 |
[1:51:10] | I want it to mean something. | 我想让这一切更有意义 |
[1:51:22] | The A’s going to the play-offs with the West Division title. | 运动家队以西部赛区冠军的身份进入季后赛 |
[1:51:26] | Forgive the A’s if they’re not celebrating. | 运动家队还来不及庆祝又披上了战袍 |
[1:51:29] | They have been here before, | 奥克兰运动家队在美国联盟分区赛中 |
[1:51:31] | when Oakland went up two games to none on the Yanks in the ALDS, | 他们曾战败给扬基队两场 |
[1:51:35] | and went nowhere after losing three straight. | 最终在三次连败后无缘晋级 |
[1:51:38] | With a win today over the Twins, | 如果今天战胜双城队 |
[1:51:39] | Oakland moves into the ALCS | 奥克兰运动家队将入围美国联盟冠军赛 |
[1:51:41] | for the first time since 1992. | 这也将是1992年以来的首次入围 |
[1:51:44] | But remember one thing. | 但请记住 |
[1:51:46] | Percentages hold up over a season, | 统计数据是基于整个赛季的 |
[1:51:48] | but for one game, one at bat, | 对于单场比赛或单次击球 |
[1:51:50] | throw the percentages out the window. | 统计数据根本派不上用场 |
[1:52:25] | What the Minnesota Twins exposed is the fact | 这场与双城队的比赛 说明了一个事实 |
[1:52:28] | that the Oakland A’s | 奥克兰运动家队 |
[1:52:30] | were fundamentally not a sound baseball team. | 根本算不上一支稳健的棒球队 |
[1:52:34] | They had a flawed concept that started with the general manager | 他们采用了球队经理及其智囊团的错误概念 |
[1:52:38] | and the brain trust thinking they could reinvent baseball. | 他们以为他们能彻底改造棒球体系 |
[1:52:41] | You can’t approach baseball from | 不能用数据统计的方法 |
[1:52:44] | a statistical, bean-counting point of view. | 来处理棒球事物 |
[1:52:46] | It’s won on the field with fundamental play. | 它靠的是场上的实战技巧 |
[1:52:48] | You have to steal, you have to bunt, you have to sacrifice. | 你得盗垒 你得短打 你得牺牲 |
[1:52:51] | You gotta get men in scoring position, | 你得让球员到达得分位置 |
[1:52:53] | and you gotta bring them in. | 你得引导他们进入角色 |
[1:52:55] | And you don’t do that with a bunch of statistical gimmicks. | 不能依赖于玩弄一堆数据游戏 |
[1:53:00] | Nobody reinvents this game. | 没人可以改造这项运动 |
[1:53:46] | Yeah. | 哪位 |
[1:54:12] | 芬威棒球场 波士顿红袜队主场 | |
[1:54:56] | Due respect to the Coliseum, but this is a ballpark. | 我对大体育馆怀有敬意 但这里是棒球场 |
[1:55:01] | Yes, it is. | 对 这确实是 |
[1:55:06] | We’re gonna have some lunch in a little bit. | 我们吃点午餐吧 |
[1:55:08] | Why don’t I have some coffee sent up? | 我怎么没叫点咖啡呢 |
[1:55:11] | Denise? | 丹尼斯 |
[1:55:17] | Thank you, Denise. | 谢谢 丹尼斯 |
[1:55:19] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[1:55:24] | You know, it’s her birthday and I need to get her a present, | 今天是她的生日 我得送她件礼物 |
[1:55:28] | but she’s usually the one that does that for me. | 但通常都是她送我礼物 |
[1:55:32] | So do you have any ideas? | 你有什么建议吗 |
[1:55:35] | Scarf. | 围巾 |
[1:55:36] | You mean like wool? | 羊毛的吗 |
[1:55:38] | No, I meant what women wear with… You know, decorative. | 不 就是女人戴的那种… 装饰性的 |
[1:55:43] | Ah. And where would I get something like that? | 那在哪儿能买到呢 |
[1:55:47] | No disrespect, | 恕我冒昧 |
[1:55:48] | I just lost in five for the second year in a row. | 我刚连输了五场 新赛季马上就要开始了 |
[1:55:50] | Get her a bowling ball for all I care. | 送她个保龄球 也不关我事 |
[1:55:53] | Right. | 对 |
[1:55:55] | Well, Steve told me he’s offering you a new contract. | 史蒂夫告诉我他和你签了份新合同 |
[1:56:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:56:02] | So why did you return my call? | 那你干嘛还回我电话 |
[1:56:07] | Because it’s the Red Sox. | 因为红袜队的名气 |
[1:56:10] | Because I believe science might offer | 因为我相信科学或许可以 |
[1:56:10] | 贝比鲁斯1920年被红袜队卖给扬基队 诅咒红袜队无法再拿世界大赛冠军 | |
[1:56:12] | an answer to the Curse of the Bambino. | 解开贝比鲁斯诅咒 |
[1:56:15] | – Because I hear you hired Bill James. – Yup. | -因为我听说你雇了比尔·詹姆斯 -对 |
[1:56:20] | You know, why someone took so long to hire that guy is beyond me. | 为什么时隔这么久才雇他 那不是我的原因 |
[1:56:26] | Well, baseball hates him. | 棒球界都讨厌他 |
[1:56:29] | Well, baseball can hate him, you know. | 是啊 大家都讨厌他 |
[1:56:34] | One of the great things about money is | 钱的好处之一 |
[1:56:35] | that it buys a lot of things, | 就是它能买很多东西 |
[1:56:38] | one of which is the luxury to disregard | 其中包括不用去理会 |
[1:56:41] | what baseball likes, doesn’t like, | 其他人喜欢什么 |
[1:56:42] | what baseball thinks, doesn’t think. | 想什么 |
[1:56:46] | Ah. Sounds nice. | 听上去不错 |
[1:56:52] | I was grateful for the call. | 谢谢你打给我 |
[1:56:54] | – You were grateful? – Yeah. | -谢我吗 -是啊 |
[1:56:59] | For 41 million, you built a play-off team. | 你用四千一百万打造了一支打进季后赛的球队 |
[1:57:03] | You lost Damon, Giambi, Isringhausen, Pena, | 没有戴蒙 吉昂比 伊斯林豪森 佩纳 |
[1:57:08] | and you won more games without them than you did with them. | 没有了他们 你还赢了更多的比赛 |
[1:57:11] | You won the exact same number of games that the Yankees won, | 你赢的场次和扬基队一样多 |
[1:57:15] | but the Yankees spent 1.4 million per win, | 但是扬基队每赢一场要花一百四十万 |
[1:57:19] | and you paid 260,000. | 你只用二十六万 |
[1:57:23] | I know you’re taking it in the teeth, | 我知道你不同意我的想法 |
[1:57:25] | but the first guy through the wall, | 但是第一个敢于打破陈规的人 |
[1:57:27] | he always gets bloody. | 必定会碰得头破血流 |
[1:57:29] | Always. This is threatening not just a way of doing business, | 这是必然的 这不但威胁到他们的经营方式 |
[1:57:33] | but in their minds, it’s threatening the game. | 他们的思维 还威胁到了比赛 |
[1:57:36] | Really, what it’s threatening is their livelihood, their jobs. | 真正受到威胁的是他们的生活和工作 |
[1:57:39] | It’s threatening the way that they do things. | 威胁到了他们的处世之道 |
[1:57:42] | Every time that happens, | 每次发生这种事 |
[1:57:44] | whether it’s a government, a way of doing business, whatever, | 无论是一个政府 还是一种经营方式 无论主体是什么 |
[1:57:48] | the people who are holding the reins, | 那些大权在握的人 |
[1:57:50] | they have their hands on the switch, | 掌控全局的人 |
[1:57:53] | they go batshit crazy. | 都抓狂了 |
[1:57:56] | I mean, anybody who’s not tearing their team down right now | 无论是哪个球队经理 如果现在还不拆散自己的队伍 |
[1:58:01] | and rebuilding it using your model, | 再按你的模式重建 |
[1:58:05] | they’re dinosaurs. | 他们就是老顽固 |
[1:58:08] | They’ll be sitting on their ass on the sofa in October | 到十月 他们就会坐在沙发上 |
[1:58:13] | watching the Boston Red Sox win the World Series. | 眼睁睁地看着波士顿红袜队赢得世界职业棒球大赛 |
[1:58:21] | What’s this? | 为什么这么说 |
[1:58:23] | I want you to be my general manager. That’s my offer. | 我想邀你来当经理 这是我开的条件 |
[1:59:14] | Heads up. | 抬头 |
[1:59:17] | What was that? | 你干嘛 |
[1:59:19] | – Sorry. I don’t know. – What the hell was that? | -抱歉 我不知道 -你到底想干嘛 |
[1:59:23] | You knucklehead. | 你个白痴 |
[1:59:33] | How was Boston? | 在波士顿谈得怎样 |
[1:59:36] | Impressive. | 很不错 |
[1:59:44] | Did Henry make you a good offer, at least? | 亨利开的条件很优厚吧 |
[1:59:48] | – Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter. – What was it? What was it? | -无所谓 -什么意思 |
[1:59:52] | – Doesn’t matter. – What was it? | -无所谓 -什么意思 |
[2:00:16] | That makes you the highest-paid GM in the history of sports. | 这会让你成为运动史上薪酬最高的经理 |
[2:00:22] | So? | 所以呢 |
[2:00:25] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[2:00:30] | I made one decision in my life based on money. | 我为了钱 曾做过一次人生重大的决定 |
[2:00:32] | And I swore I would never do it again. | 我发誓再也不会那么做 |
[2:00:38] | You’re not doing it for the money. | 你那样做不是为钱 |
[2:00:40] | – No? – No. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[2:00:45] | You’re doing it for what the money says. | 你那样做是为了有钱能办事 |
[2:00:49] | And it says what it says to any player that makes big money. | 有钱就能得到能赚大钱的球员 |
[2:00:53] | That they’re worth it. | 那就是钱的价值 |
[2:01:04] | What a dump. | 鬼扯什么 |
[2:01:09] | I really wanted to win here. | 我真的很想在这里赢 |
[2:01:16] | I really did. | 真的很想 |
[2:01:21] | I think you won pretty big, Billy. | 我觉得你赢得够多了 比利 |
[2:01:24] | Pete, we lost. | 皮特 我们输了 |
[2:01:28] | We lost. | 我们输了 |
[2:01:30] | It’s only been a few days. | 这才没几天 |
[2:01:32] | Give yourself some time to get over it. | 给自己点时间 让这事过去吧 |
[2:01:34] | Man, I don’t get over these things. | 伙计 这事我过不去 |
[2:01:37] | Ever. | 从来都是 |
[2:01:46] | Come with me to the video room. I wanna show you something. | 跟我来录像室 我想给你看点东西 |
[2:01:51] | No, man, I’m not up for film right now. | 不 伙计 我现在没心情看电影 |
[2:01:56] | Come on. Seriously. | 快点 说真的 |
[2:01:58] | Come on, Billy. Come on. | 快来 比利 过来 |
[2:02:02] | The Visalia Oaks | 维萨利亚橡树队里 |
[2:02:03] | and our 240-pound catcher, Jeremy Brown, | 我们240磅的接球手 杰瑞米·布朗 |
[2:02:06] | who, as you know, is scared to run to second base. | 正如你所知 他不敢跑二垒 |
[2:02:10] | This was in a game six weeks ago. | 这是六周前的一场比赛 |
[2:02:12] | This guy’s gonna start with a fastball. | 这家伙第一下就投了个快球 |
[2:02:14] | Jeremy’s gonna take him to deep center. | 杰里米这一击很漂亮 |
[2:02:19] | Here’s what’s interesting, | 这儿就有趣了 |
[2:02:21] | because Jeremy’s gonna do what he never does. | 因为杰里米会做出前所未有的举动 |
[2:02:24] | He’s gonna go for it. | 他要冲了 |
[2:02:25] | He’s gonna round first and he’s gonna go for it. | 他准备绕过一垒 奋力向二垒冲去 |
[2:02:30] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[2:02:34] | This is all of Jeremy’s nightmares coming to life. | 杰里米的梦魇成真了 |
[2:02:42] | – Aw, they’re laughing at him. – And Jeremy’s about to find out why. | -他们在笑他 -杰里米快要知道原因了 |
[2:02:48] | Jeremy’s about to realize | 杰里米就要发现 |
[2:02:52] | that the ball went 60 feet over the fence. | 球飞出了边界外六十英尺 |
[2:02:58] | He hit a home run and didn’t even realize it. | 他没发觉自己打出了本垒打 |
[2:03:31] | How can you not be romantic about baseball? | 你怎能不迷上棒球呢 |
[2:03:39] | – It’s a metaphor. – I know it’s a metaphor. | -这是隐喻 -我知道 |
[2:03:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[2:03:52] | Pete, you’re a good egg. | 皮特 你是个大好人 |
[2:03:59] | I’ll call you. | 我会再打给你的 |
[2:05:01] | Hey, Dad, this is the song I told you I’d record. | 爸爸 这是我跟你提过要录的那首歌 |
[2:05:05] | Please don’t show it to anyone else. | 拜托别给别人听 |
[2:05:08] | Let me know if you change your mind and stay in California. | 如果你改主意要留在加州 就给我回电 |
[2:05:11] | If not, you’re a really great dad. | 如果没变化 你就真是个好爸爸 |
[2:05:20] | I’m just a little bit caught in the middle | 我只是有点不知所措 |
[2:05:23] | Life is a maze and love is a riddle | 生活像个迷宫 爱情像个谜团 |
[2:05:26] | I don’t know where to go can’t do it alone | 我不知何去何从 无法独自渡过 |
[2:05:30] | I’ve tried and I don’t know why | 我努力过 但还是不明白 |
[2:05:33] | I’m just a little girl lost in the moment | 此刻我只是个迷失的小女孩 |
[2:05:36] | I’m so scared but I don’t show it | 我心中不安 但不想告白 |
[2:05:39] | I can’t figure it out it’s bringing me down | 我无计可施 心情变坏 |
[2:05:43] | I know I’ve got to let it go | 我知道 我得释怀 |
[2:05:48] | And just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |
[2:05:50] | Slow it down, make it stop | 放慢脚步 暂停一下 |
[2:05:53] | Or else my heart is going to pop | 不然我的心就会跳得太快 |
[2:05:57] | ‘Cause it’s too much yeah, it’s a lot | 因为有太多 太多的爱 |
[2:06:01] | To be something I’m not | 我已无法承受 |
[2:06:04] | I’m a fool, out of love | 我是个为爱犯傻的小傻瓜 |
[2:06:08] | And I just can’t get enough | 但还渴望更多的爱 |
[2:06:13] | I’m just a little bit caught in the middle | 我只是有点不知所措 |
[2:06:16] | Life is a maze and love is a riddle | 生活像个迷宫 爱情像个谜团 |
[2:06:20] | I don’t know where to go can’t do it alone | 我不知何去何从 无法独自渡过 |
[2:06:24] | I’ve tried and I don’t know why | 我努力过 但还是不明白 |
[2:06:27] | I’m just a little girl lost in the moment | 此刻我只是个迷失的小女孩 |
[2:06:30] | I’m so scared but I don’t show it | 我心中不安 但不想告白 |
[2:06:33] | I can’t figure it out it’s bringing me down | 我无计可施 心情变坏 |
[2:06:37] | I know I’ve got to let it go | 我知道 我得释怀 |
[2:06:43] | And just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |
[2:06:50] | Just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |
[2:06:52] | You’re such a loser, Dad you’re such a loser, Dad | 你真失败 爸爸 你太失败 爸爸 |
[2:06:56] | You’re such a loser, Dad | 你真失败 爸爸 |
[2:06:57] | Just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |
[2:06:59] | You’re such a loser, Dad you’re such a loser, Dad | 你真失败 爸爸 你太失败 爸爸 |
[2:07:02] | You’re such a loser, Dad | 你真失败 爸爸 |
[2:07:05] | Just enjoy the show | 尽情享受人生的舞台 |