时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | You really want to help the governor pardon a murderer? | 你当真想帮州长 赦免一个杀人犯 |
[00:21] | The guy killed a cop. | 那家伙杀了一个警察 |
[00:22] | He started the most viciouslatino gang in D.C. | 是华盛顿最恶劣的拉美黑帮的创始人 |
[00:29] | Manny Trillo is the original gangster. | 曼尼・特雷罗 算是黑帮始祖 |
[00:31] | He is responsiblefor half the crack trade in dc. | 掌控着华盛顿一半的毒品交易 |
[00:34] | Guys like that don’t change. | 这种人本性难改 |
[00:37] | Not generally, no. | 通常情况下的确如此 |
[00:39] | Which is why this caseis so interesting. | 所以这案子才如此有趣 |
[00:41] | You have a visitor. Lieutenant governor Goldin. | 你有访客 戈尔丁副州长 |
[00:48] | I hear he’s bringing friends. | 我听说他带了些朋友来 |
[00:54] | Hey, lambache. You going to kiss the governor’sass again or what, ese? | 喂 拉丁佬 又要去拍州长的马屁啦 小子 |
[00:59] | Pucker up, ese. | 管好你的嘴 臭家伙 |
[01:04] | Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 |
[01:06] | I’m lieutenant governor Goldin. | 我是戈尔丁副州长 |
[01:07] | Mr. Trillo’s on his way. | 特雷罗先生马上就来 |
[01:11] | The governor really wants to make him the poster boy for early release? | 州长当真要将他作为榜样 提前释放 |
[01:14] | Manny Trillo was up for a Nobel Prize | 曼尼・特雷罗为反黑帮作的贡献 |
[01:16] | For the antigang work he’s done in here. | 都能申请诺贝尔奖了 |
[01:17] | We believe he can do even more on the outside. | 我们相信他出去后可以做更多 |
[01:20] | Well, one in every 100 Americans is in prison. | 100个美国人中就有一个在蹲监狱 |
[01:24] | Can understand why the governor wants him for a poster boy, right? | 州长这么做的 应该不难理解吧 |
[01:27] | Of course, before we issue any pardon, | 当然 在决定赦免前 |
[01:30] | The governor wants to make sure Mr. Trillois truly rehabilitated. | 州长要确定特雷罗真的改过自新了 |
[01:39] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以请你们来 |
[01:44] | I think you should get him out of there. | 你们得带他走 |
[01:46] | – Excuse me? – Get him out of there right now. | -你说什么? -快带他离开 |
[01:56] | Get down… | 趴下 |
[01:57] | get down on the ground! Get down on the ground right now. | 趴到地板上 快趴下 |
[02:01] | Stay down. | 别动 |
[03:01] | You know, I treated a few firefighters in grad school. | 我读研时接触过一些消防员 要知道 |
[03:03] | It’s amazing what these guys have to deal with. | 他们的事迹真是太神奇了 |
[03:06] | You got a bit of a fireman thing, huh? | 你对消防员感兴趣 |
[03:09] | I’m just saying these guys are heroes. | 我只是觉得这些人是英雄 |
[03:12] | Is it the helmets? | 喜欢他们的头盔 |
[03:13] | I mean, even I like the helmets. | 就连我也喜欢头盔的 |
[03:15] | Dr. Foster? | 福斯特博士 |
[03:17] | I’m Mike Adams with the National Fire Safety Board. | 我是国家消防安全委员会的迈克・亚当斯 |
[03:20] | – Hi. – Hi | -你好 -你好 |
[03:22] | Is that for the firefighter who was killed last week? | 那是给上星期遇难消防员的吗 |
[03:25] | Yeah. Eric Mitchell. Had less than a year on the job. | 是的 埃里克・米切尔 工作不到1年 |
[03:27] | His grandfather served for 30 years in the 23rd engine company. | 而他的祖父曾在消防23中队 服役30年 |
[03:30] | He stops by almost every day. | 他几乎每天都过来 |
[03:33] | Mr. Mitchell. | 米切尔先生 |
[03:36] | These are the people from that firm I was telling you about. | 他们是从那个机构来的 我之前和你说起过 |
[03:39] | Well, I’m glad someone is trying to find out | 能有人来调查我孙子的真正死因 |
[03:41] | What really happened to my boy. | 我感到很欣慰 |
[03:43] | I’m sorry about your grandson. | 对于您孙子的死我深表遗憾 |
[03:45] | This just couldn’t have been an accident. | 这不可能只是一场意外 |
[03:47] | We’re going to do everything we can to figure out what happened, Mr. Mitchell. | 我们会倾其全力查清真相 米切尔先生 |
[04:00] | So, that’s what it takes to get the feds involved. | 似乎只有看到悲痛万分的死者家人 |
[04:02] | Grieving relative. | 你们才会找人来调查吧 |
[04:04] | We investigate any time a firefighter’s killed on the job. | 任何消防员因公殉职 我们都会调查 |
[04:07] | The building fire was a bad one, two-alarm blaze. | 大楼火灾很严重 我们派出了增援队 |
[04:10] | Eric Mitchell and his company went in, did a preliminary sweep. | 埃里克・米切尔和他的队友进去 初步搜索 |
[04:14] | Now, Eric came out with a kid. | 埃里克抱着个小孩出来 |
[04:18] | Then, he headed back in. The company got separated. | 之后又冲了回去 中队分散了 |
[04:22] | They didn’t find Eric’s body until they’d put out the fire. | 直到大火扑灭 他们才找到埃里克的尸体 |
[04:24] | So, the fire didn’t kill him? | 也就是说他不是死于火灾 |
[04:27] | The coroner couldn’t find a cause of death. | 验尸官无法查出死因 |
[04:28] | Eric’s burns had no inflamed edges. | 他的烧伤没有红肿的印记 |
[04:30] | He was dead before the fire even got to him. | 在火烧到他之前 他就已经死了 |
[04:33] | It’s unusual, and it raises the possibility that | 这不合常理 所以有可能是 |
[04:36] | Another firefighter killed him and left him there to burn. | 另一个消防员杀了他 把他扔在了火场里 |
[04:40] | I hired you because if someone is lying about | 我雇你们来 是因为我必须知道 |
[04:42] | What happened in that fire, I need to know. | 谁在对火场的事实撒谎 |
[04:44] | That won’t be easy. A firehouse is a behavioral in-group. | 这比较难 消防队是个训练有素的集体 |
[04:47] | They become more cohive in the face of adversity. | 面对逆境 他们会表现得更有凝聚力 |
[04:50] | Is that so? | 真的吗 |
[04:52] | Chief Morrow, lieutenant Clayton. | 这两位是莫罗队长和克雷顿副队长 |
[04:54] | You know, that shrink mumbo jumbo | 知道吗 心理医生那种小把戏 |
[04:56] | Won’t get you far with our boys. | 是没法从我部下那里挖出什么的 |
[04:58] | That’s why I won’t be interviewing the men. | 所以我不会和他们谈 |
[05:00] | Dr. Lightman will be conducting the interviews? | 由莱特曼博士来进行面谈吗 |
[05:02] | No, no, we’ll get the most deception leakage from these firemen | 不 如果让他们尊敬的人来询问 |
[05:05] | If they’re interviewed by someone that they respect. | 我们最可能抓住把柄 |
[05:07] | So, we won’t be asking the questions. You will. | 所以我们不询问 由你来 |
[05:17] | – Name? – David caddick. | -名字 -戴维・卡蒂克 |
[05:20] | And how long have youbeen a firefighter? | 你担任消防员多长时间了 |
[05:21] | Eight years. | 8年 |
[05:23] | Anything notable? | 有什么值得注意的吗 |
[05:24] | Well, Caddick’s okay, but Clayton is biting his lip, tugging at his ear. | 卡蒂克还行 但克雷顿在咬嘴唇和抓耳朵 |
[05:30] | He’s showing an increasein manipulators. | 他在提高自己的控制感 |
[05:32] | It’s a signof anxiety. | 是焦虑的表现 |
[05:33] | The lieutenant’s nervous? | 副队长在紧张吗 |
[05:34] | Yeah, it’s normal. He’s already lost one man. | 是的 这很正常 他已经失去一名部下了 |
[05:36] | Last thing he wants to dois indict another. | 当然不想因为起诉再失去一名 |
[05:38] | Tell us about the fire. | 和我们说说火灾的情况 |
[05:39] | Our truck, truck 5, responded right away. | 我们的5号车 及时赶到现场 |
[05:42] | We started searching. We followed procedure. | 我们开始搜救工作 一切都按程序走 |
[05:45] | One man on the wall, human chain. | 一个接一个贴着墙 组成人链 |
[05:47] | Wall comes down. Screaming across the hall. | 墙倒了下来 大厅那边传来尖叫声 |
[05:51] | Suddenly, we’re all in different directions. | 突然间我们就分开了 |
[05:52] | We split up. | 我们被分散了 |
[05:54] | I was low on oxygen, so I cleared a couple of rooms, | 我氧气不足 所以扑灭了几个房间的火之后 |
[05:57] | And then I hit the door. | 我就走出了大门 |
[05:58] | And I didn’t see Eric again. | 之后再没见过埃里克 |
[06:00] | I got down the hall. Found an exit. | 我下到大厅 找到一个出口 |
[06:03] | I didn’t see Eric again. | 之后再没见过埃里克 |
[06:04] | I checked the stair well. I left the building. | 我查看了楼梯间 然后离开了大楼 |
[06:08] | I didn’t see Eric again. | 之后再没见过埃里克 |
[06:10] | Their stories were consistent. | 他们所说的都前后一致 |
[06:11] | They were. | 的确是 |
[06:13] | Can you pull up there sponse latency analysis? | 你能调出反应时差的分析吗 |
[06:15] | Response latency? | 反应时差 |
[06:16] | It’s the time between when a question is asked and the answer is given. | 就是指问题和回答之间的 停顿时间 |
[06:20] | Tell us about the fire. | 和我们说说火灾的情况 |
[06:22] | Alarm went off at 3:00 A.M. | 警报是在凌晨3点响起的 |
[06:23] | Tell us about the fire. | 和我们说说火灾的情况 |
[06:25] | We got the call around 3:00 A.M. | 我们大概凌晨3点时接到报警 |
[06:27] | Tell us about the fire. | 和我们说说火灾的情况 |
[06:28] | Must have been about 3:00 in the morning. | 肯定是在早上3点左右 |
[06:31] | Response timeis under a second. | 反应延迟时间都低于1秒 |
[06:32] | If they were lying, they’d be longer, right? | 如果在撒谎 时间一定更长吧 |
[06:34] | A lot of people think you take longer to respondif you’re lying, | 很多人觉得 撒谎时反应时间更长 |
[06:37] | But that’s just if the lie is spontaneous. | 但只有下意识撒谎时才会这样 |
[06:39] | If a lie is prepared ahead of time, you’re eager to get it over with. | 如果谎言是事先准备好的 你会急于说完 |
[06:42] | So, which oneof them is lying? | 那么他们谁在撒谎 |
[06:44] | They all are. | 他们都在撒谎 |
[06:46] | Something happenedin that fire, and from the looks of it, | 火场中肯定发生了什么 就目前看来 |
[06:49] | Every one of them was involved. | 所有人都脱不了关系 |
[06:58] | This was the second attempt on Manny Trillo’s life this month. | 这个月来曼尼・特雷罗已遭遇两次谋杀了 |
[07:01] | Tensions between La Salva and Trillo’s old gang | 萨尔瓦派和特雷罗以前的帮派 |
[07:03] | Have escalated. | 之间的关系日趋紧张 |
[07:04] | Trillo’s been speaking out. A lot of guys want him dead. | 特雷罗供出了不少事情 许多人想要他死 |
[07:07] | The only thing worse than the street violence | 如果特雷罗在监狱里被杀 |
[07:08] | We’ll see if Trillo is killed in prison | 从而引发街头暴乱 的确很糟糕 |
[07:10] | Is the violence we’ll see if he takes over El Punio again. | 但如果他被释后 又变回黑帮头 那就更糟 |
[07:13] | The governor believes Trillo’s changed. | 州长相信他已改过 |
[07:15] | He thinks he could do some real good on the outside, | 如果将他释放 他能做些真正的好事 |
[07:17] | But we need to know he’s telling the truth, | 但我们得知道他是否说了实话 |
[07:20] | That he’s not going back to gang life. | 他是否真的不会再回归黑帮了 |
[07:22] | All right. More than happy to put my reputation on the line. | 好吧 挑战我声誉的案子我最有干劲了 |
[07:29] | First couple of years here, I was angry, so I took on the other prisoners. | 入狱的早些年 我很愤怒 我挑衅狱友 |
[07:33] | I took on the guards. I did a lot of solitary. | 挑衅狱警 经常被关禁闭 |
[07:38] | Got so bad, I started stealing books from the prison library | 结果很惨 后来我开始偷监狱图书馆的书 |
[07:42] | And carrying them around. | 随身带着它们 |
[07:44] | I wouldn’t have picked you for a bookworm. | 偷点书看我是不会揭发你的 |
[07:46] | That much time in the hole… | 既然时间很多 |
[07:48] | I read anything I could got my hands on. | 我就读可以到手的一切手 |
[07:51] | Gardening manuale, conomic text books, spanish etry. | 园艺手册 经济教科书 西班牙诗集 |
[07:57] | “There is no cry of pain without, at its end, an echo of joy.” | “在痛苦的尽头 总是有欢笑” |
[08:02] | Ramon De Campoamor. | 拉蒙・德・卡波莫的诗 |
[08:04] | I read that and… | 我读了 |
[08:09] | I don’t know. | 但我不懂 |
[08:14] | I caused so much pain. | 我制造了这么多悲剧 |
[08:17] | What joy could come from that? | 欢乐又会从何而来 |
[08:20] | And then, I’d realized… | 然后我意识到 |
[08:22] | I had to be the joy. | 我得成为欢乐的源泉 |
[08:27] | That’s a charming story. | 真是个动人的故事 |
[08:36] | Would you mind? I missed lunch. | 你不介意吧 我没吃午饭 |
[08:42] | So, you’re saying that you regret what you did. | 所以你说你后悔了 |
[08:46] | All I cared about was the power, the money. | 以前我只关心金钱与权力 |
[08:53] | And I took a life. | 我还杀了一个人 |
[08:55] | Just the one? | 只一个 |
[08:58] | I ruined the lives of many young latinos, kids who could have had a chance. | 我毁了很多年青人 他们本该有大好前程的 |
[09:14] | Do you have any… plans, you know, for after prison? | 出狱后 你有什么计划吗 |
[09:21] | I have a plan for street peace. | 我有个维持街头治安的计划 |
[09:24] | We need a social agenda for the barrio. | 西班牙语区需要社会关怀 |
[09:33] | I’ve been stabbed twice the last month. | 一个月来我被扎了两次 |
[09:36] | 15 stitches this morning. | 今早又缝了15针 |
[09:40] | My life is in your hands. | 我的生命在你手中 |
[09:43] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我很赞同 |
[09:50] | Do you think it might be helpful to | 你能给我解释下 |
[09:52] | Clue me in to your little experiments? | 今天的所作所为吗 |
[09:53] | Nope. | 不能 |
[09:54] | Gang leaders like Trillo learn eay that respeis key to survival. | 特雷罗这样的黑帮头 深知尊敬是生存之道 |
[09:58] | They need to respond to perceived disrespect, | 他们要对不敬有所回应 |
[10:01] | And it becomes what we call emotional trigger. | 这就形成了 所谓的情感触发器 |
[10:04] | He needs me to believe that he’s reformed, | 他需要我相信他已痛改前非 |
[10:06] | But when I talk to him with my mouth full, this is what we get. | 但我吃着东西跟他讲话 他的表情是这样 |
[10:10] | Nostrils flared. Lips tightened. | 鼻孔张大 嘴唇紧绷 |
[10:17] | Anger. He can’t control himself. | 怒火 他无法控制自己 |
[10:20] | Disrespect is still a trigger. | 不敬仍是触发器 |
[10:22] | You’re saying Trillo hasn’t changed. | 你是说特雷罗没有转变 |
[10:24] | Not necessarily. When he talks about his past, | 不一定 他回忆过去时 |
[10:27] | He shows us something else. | 显示出了别的东西 |
[10:30] | And I took a life. | “我杀了一个人” |
[10:32] | Shame. | 羞愧 |
[10:34] | He’s truly ashamedfor what he’s done. | 他对他的作为感到羞愧 |
[10:36] | – Yeah, but the anger trigger… – No. | -可是愤怒触发器 -不 |
[10:38] | That’s a survival trigger, and they’re really hard to turn off. | 那是生存触发器 很难消除 |
[10:45] | Doesn’t mean he hasn’t changed. | 不意味着他没有转变 |
[10:46] | You need tocompare this to an emotional baseline–old videos. | 我们得和他的过去做下比较 |
[10:49] | Call the governor’s office and see if | 问下州长办公室 |
[10:50] | They have anything they can send over. | 看他们有没有相关资料 |
[10:51] | Preferably before someone sticks another fork in Mr. Trillo. | 最好能在特雷罗 再次被扎之前弄到 |
[10:56] | Yeah. No problem. | 没问题 |
[11:05] | You see that? | 看到了吗 |
[11:07] | You think you made the right call putting her on this case? | 你认为该让她 参与这个案子吗 |
[11:09] | Well, who wouldn’t want to be on this case? | 谁不愿参与这个案子呢 |
[11:11] | Evolution generally takes millennia, but change in a lifetime, now… | 进化要上千年 短短一生中发生了转变 |
[11:15] | That’s something to see. | 值得一看 |
[11:16] | All the naturals that we have seen, they share two traits. | 我们见过的”天赋”者 都有两个共同特点 |
[11:19] | They are uneducated and… | 他们都不懂理论 而且 |
[11:21] | And the other trait should have nothing to do with | 另一个特征应该与人是否本性难移 |
[11:23] | the scientific question of whether a man can evolve. | 这样的科学难题无关吧 |
[11:25] | Yes, but psychologically, if she has dealt with a history of… | 从心理上讲 如果她不能面对历史 |
[11:27] | Hey, if she has strong feelings about Trillo, | 如果她不能接受特雷罗这样的人 |
[11:30] | Then she has to learn to put them aside. | 那她就应该学习如何克服这一点 |
[11:32] | Oh, so I guess, if someone’s got to teach her how to avoid her feelings, | 所以我猜想 如果要教她控制情感 |
[11:36] | Then you’re the most qualified. | 你是最适合的了 |
[11:41] | Anything elseI can do for you? | 还有别的吗 |
[11:43] | I do need some help with my, uh, my firefighters. | 帮我处理下消防员的问题吧 |
[11:49] | well, all three firemen showed increased manipulators, | 三个消防员都在竭力控制自己 |
[11:52] | But only two of them showed microexpressions of fear. | 但只有两个人的脸上 闪过了害怕的微表情 |
[11:56] | Well, take me through the one that didn’t show fear. | 让我看看那个不怕的家伙 |
[11:59] | Uh, I thought we were looking for the guy most likely to tell us what happened. | 我们不是在找 能提供线索的人吗 |
[12:02] | We are. | 没错 |
[12:03] | Okay. Doug Donovan. | 好 道格・多诺万 |
[12:06] | No increased anxiety, no not able signs of… | 没有焦虑情绪 没有显著的迹象 |
[12:08] | Oh, stop it there. Take it three seconds back. | 停 退后三秒 |
[12:12] | Freeze it there. | 停在这 |
[12:14] | Cheeks raised, lip corners depressed… | 脸颊升高 嘴角下撇 |
[12:16] | Remorse. | 悔恨 |
[12:18] | Maybe he knows something. | 他可能知道一些事 |
[12:19] | Maybe the groupis forcing him to lie. | 可能他是被迫说谎 |
[12:22] | Well, he’s the one you want to focus on. | 你要把注意力放到他身上 |
[12:23] | Monkey with the interview conditions. | 他有可能说实话 |
[12:25] | Keep him with someone he respects. Use the chief. | 让他和他尊敬的人呆在一起 叫他们队长 |
[12:27] | The more guilty the kid feels, the more likely he is to tell you what he knows. | 他越内疚 就越有可能向你坦白 |
[12:34] | Training drill, 1500 Beecham Drive. | 演习 比查姆路1500号 |
[12:37] | Truck 5, go, go, go! | 5号车 出动 |
[12:49] | Stay together, keep your eyes on the man in front of you. | 不要分散 盯住自己前面的人 |
[12:53] | Hold a line, and do not lose contact with the wall | 保持队形 别离开墙 |
[12:59] | Probie, get back in line! | 普罗比 回到队中 |
[13:01] | Wallace, take over. | 华莱士 这儿交给你了 |
[13:03] | Probie! Probie! Probie! | 普罗比 普罗比 普罗比 |
[13:23] | Chief Morrow? What the… | 莫罗队长 这怎么 |
[13:26] | Didn’t work out like this for Mitchell, did it? | 救米切尔的时候 你可没这么利索吧 |
[13:29] | You saved the chief. Why didn’tyou save him? | 你能救队长 为什么不救他 |
[13:34] | You’re not the type of guy to leave a man behind. | 你不像是会抛弃队员的人 |
[13:39] | Hey, we know how guilty you feel. | 我们知道你很内疚 |
[13:41] | There must be a good reason you lied. | 你说谎是有原因的 |
[13:46] | Come on. Why won’t you tell us what happened? | 说吧 为什么不坦白呢 |
[13:53] | I left him. | 我没去管他 |
[13:56] | I found him in the fire. I’m supposed to pull him out. | 我发现他被困在火里 我应该把他救出来的 |
[14:00] | The flames had already got to him, but I’m supposed to pull him out. | 火已经烧到他了 我应该救他出来的 |
[14:07] | I’m just as guilty as those other guys. | 我和其它人一样有罪 |
[14:10] | What other guys? | 哪些人 |
[14:17] | The ones who were hazing him. | 那些戏弄他的人 |
[14:23] | According to Mr. Donovan, | 据多诺万说 |
[14:25] | your men have been involved in some pretty extensive hazing. | 你队员的行动有点过火了 |
[14:28] | He wouldn’t say who was involved, but it went beyond the silent treatment. | 他不愿说出有谁参与 但他至少透露了一点 |
[14:33] | Baking soda showers, bottle rockets in the bathroom stalls… | 给他上苏打粉 在洗澡间里喷… |
[14:37] | Did you know Eric Mitchell had a severe peanut allergy? | 你知道埃里克・米切尔 对花生严重过敏吗 |
[14:41] | No, I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[14:42] | Donovan heard that slipping Mitchell a little pb&j was the next big gag. | 多诺万听说 下个作弄是给米切尔吃花生酱 |
[14:45] | Well, he’s junior. | 他还是新人 |
[14:46] | He wasn’t one of the hazers, but that’s why he didn’t pull Eric’s body out. | 他没参与作弄 但因此他也没去救埃里克 |
[14:49] | He was protecting the men. He thought that they had killed Eric. | 他想保护那群人 他以为他们把埃里克杀了 |
[14:52] | Were you aware of what was going on? | 你曾注意到这些事情吗 |
[14:54] | Hazing is as much a part of this life as alarm bells. | 恶作剧在这里太平常了 |
[14:58] | And if one of your men goes into anaphylactic shock and dies, | 如果有人因此过敏性休克而死亡 |
[15:01] | C’est la vie? | 也正常吗 |
[15:03] | You don’t understand, but when you’re trapped inside a burning building, | 你不懂 但当你被困火场 |
[15:06] | You got to knowthat the other guys are going to put code before cowardice, | 你需要相信其他人会克服胆怯 |
[15:09] | Walk through a wall of fire and come get you. | 穿过火堆来救你 |
[15:11] | He’s right. | 他说的没错 |
[15:12] | I need men who are willing to risk their lives on a daily basis. | 我需要一群能够 不怕死的人 |
[15:16] | And Mitchelljust didn’t have it in him. | 米切尔没能做到这点 |
[15:18] | So you looked the other way? | 所以他就该死 |
[15:20] | He needed to learn. | 他得学会这些 |
[15:23] | But make no mistake about it, I demand a certain level of respect out of my men. | 别误会 我有要求我手下相互尊重 |
[15:28] | There’s a line. And they wouldn’t have crossed it. | 我们是有底线的 他们绝不会跨越 |
[15:32] | Then you won’t mind if we talk to the other men in the company? | 你不介意我和队里其他人谈谈吧 |
[15:35] | No. | 不介意 |
[15:38] | Kerry– the chief’s niece–she’ll help you out. | 凯莉 队长的侄女 她可以帮你 |
[15:41] | I got real work to do. | 我还有正经工作要做 |
[15:44] | It’s like they never left the frat house. | 他们搞得像是兄弟会一样 |
[15:47] | You know, it’s not just frat houses. | 不只是兄弟会才这样 |
[15:48] | Initiation rites can be found in all major cultures. | 入会仪式在哪种 文化中都存在 |
[15:52] | You’re defending these guys? | 你居然还为他们辩护 |
[15:53] | Hazing can serve an important psychological function. | 捉弄新人会对心理机能有重要作用 |
[15:56] | Oh, that’s funny. I don’t remember reading | 真有意思 我不记得美国心理协会杂志上 |
[15:58] | Any articles in the APA journalon swirlies. | 有关于侮辱性玩笑的文章 |
[16:00] | Initiation for you MIT mathletes was pretty hard-core, huh? | 你加入麻理数学组的入会仪式也很惨吧 |
[16:03] | You make fun but you try waking up in a shower stall | 你觉得好笑是吧 想象下在洗澡间醒来 |
[16:06] | With a killer hangover | 醉劲还没过 |
[16:07] | And a quart of macaroni salad shoved up your… | 还有一夸脱的马可洛尼沙拉塞在你… |
[16:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:11] | Check out herself-hushing emblem. | 看看她自我噤声的手势 |
[16:13] | She knows something. | 她应该知道点什么 |
[16:14] | Yeah, she does. | 是的 |
[16:16] | And she’shushing herself because part of herwants to tell. | 但是她要自己噤声 因为她想说出来 |
[16:29] | I knew he was hiding a badge. La policia siempre asi. | 我知道他是个卧底的条子 警察总是这样 |
[16:34] | Shield don’t make no difference to me. | 防护网对我来说没什么用 |
[16:36] | Chota got what he deserved. | 肖塔是活该 |
[16:40] | Making any headway with the old Trillo videos? | 特雷罗以前录像有什么进展吗 |
[16:42] | Not really. | 没有 |
[16:43] | No evidence of emotional change at all? | 没有任何情绪变化的证据 |
[16:46] | Trillo doesn’t seem all that different to me. | 特雷罗在我看来没有什么不同 |
[16:51] | Let’s run the tape. | 放带子 |
[16:53] | I’ve been watching video surveillance from before Trillo’s arrest. | 我在看特雷罗被逮捕之前的监视录像 |
[16:56] | That’s good. Natural habitat–that’s the best baseline. | 很不错 看看他原来的样子 可以用来对比 |
[16:59] | All right… let’s drop the sound and run it | 好吧 关上声音 和我们在他忏悔的时候 |
[17:03] | Side by side with the video we shot at the penitentiary. | 拍到的影像一同播放 |
[17:07] | Anger. Contempt. Contempt. | 愤怒 轻蔑 轻蔑 |
[17:10] | Trillo’s emotional palette | 特雷罗那时的情绪模式 |
[17:11] | was substantially different back then. | 和现在完全不一样 |
[17:12] | I’m surprised you missed it. | 我很惊讶你居然漏掉了 |
[17:15] | Shocking. | 震惊 |
[17:18] | Anger. Disgust. | 愤怒 厌恶 |
[17:20] | Though, that expression was practically default back then: | 这是当时的他的基本表情 |
[17:23] | The brow lowered, upper eyelid raised, | 上眼皮提高 |
[17:24] | and that glare is the mark of a hostile personality. | 那一瞥是敌对个性的标志 |
[17:27] | How many of these did Trillo flash in the old video? | 特雷罗的这种表情 在旧录像里出现多少次 |
[17:31] | I don’t know. Three or four a minute? | 我不知道 每分钟3到4次 |
[17:34] | Well, he didn’t show any in our interview. | 之前谈话时 没有看到这种表情 |
[17:36] | Not until the burger incident. | 直到我吃汉堡包之前没有 |
[17:38] | Seems like a prettybig change to me. | 依我看这是个很大的改变 |
[17:42] | Whatever. | 随便你 |
[17:44] | Well… well, that is the kind of emotionally detached ientific analysis we value around here. | 我们重视的是 与感情无关的科学分析 |
[17:48] | I’ll be sure to pass that onto the governor. | 我一定把分析结果告诉州长 |
[17:51] | Do you have any idea how much worse the punio-salva war will be | 你知道如果特雷罗出狱后接管黑帮势力 |
[17:53] | If Trillo gets out and takes over? | 结果会有多糟糕吗 |
[17:55] | Much, much worse. I’m sure there’d be a boom in the crack trade, too. | 非常非常糟 毒品交易量肯定也会暴增 |
[17:58] | What if Trillo’s just conning us? | 如果特雷罗骗了我们怎么办 |
[18:00] | Well, emotional evidence suggests he’s not the same man. | 情绪迹象表明他和以前不一样 |
[18:04] | Do you know how many kids in the barrio want | 你知道西裔聚居区有多少孩子 |
[18:06] | The kind of power Trillo had before he went away? | 想拥有特雷罗被捕之前的那种权势吗 |
[18:08] | The guy is pretty good at working the system. | 这家伙很擅长控制帮派体系 |
[18:11] | Sure he is. Read your darwin. | 毫无疑问 看看达尔文怎么说的 |
[18:13] | Survival of the fittest: | 适者生存 |
[18:14] | It’s not about being fit; it’s about being adaptable to change. | 适应并不是最关键的 关键在于随机应变 |
[18:17] | Violent people are violent. They don’t change. | 残暴的人永远残暴 他们不会改变 |
[18:24] | Did you see the message from lieutenant governor Goldin’s office? | 你看到副州长戈尔丁办公室 发来的消息吗 |
[18:29] | Nope. | 没 |
[18:30] | Holly Sando, the widow of the officer Trillo killed, | 荷利・桑多 特雷罗杀死的那位警察的遗孀 |
[18:33] | Has decided to speak to the parole board. | 决定在假释裁决委员会面前发言 |
[18:35] | So she’s testifying against Trillo’s release? | 那她是要作证反对特雷罗的假释啦 |
[18:37] | No. She’s speaking on his behalf. | 不 她是要支持他出狱 |
[18:42] | Tell Goldin we’ll be there. | 告诉戈尔丁我们会去的 |
[18:56] | Rough interview? | 会谈不顺利 |
[18:59] | I just… you know, they’re just all so tough. | 我只是 你知道 他们都太强横 |
[19:02] | You know, acting like nothing’s wrong. | 就好像什么都没做错一样 |
[19:03] | I mean, the last thing they’re going to do is talk to a woman. | 我是说 他们压根儿就不乐意跟女人谈话 |
[19:08] | I’m sorry. I… I shouldn’t be telling you this. | 对不起 我 我不应该和你说这些 |
[19:11] | No. It’s… I understand. | 没关系 我明白 |
[19:16] | No, it’s, it’s completely inappropriate. | 不 这完全不合适 |
[19:19] | No… | 不 |
[19:23] | I know how they can be. | 我了解他们 |
[19:28] | I don’t think anybody meant to hurt Eric. | 我认为没人会去故意伤害埃里克 |
[19:33] | The hazing got pretty bad, huh? | 捉弄很过分 对吧 |
[19:36] | God, they’d… they’re going to kill me if they know that I’m talking to you right now. | 天 他们知道我在和你讲话 会杀了我的 |
[19:45] | Someone has to. | 某些人不得不这样做 |
[19:51] | There’s something you should see. | 有些东西你应该看看 |
[19:55] | No! No, but what happens on an emergency call when you don’t wear your helmet? | 不 如果你没带头盔警报就响了 会怎么样 |
[20:00] | what happens on an emergency call when you don’t wear your helmet? | 如果你没带头盔警报就响了 会怎么样 |
[20:07] | It’s milder than I thought it would be. | 这比我想得温柔多了 |
[20:09] | One of those guyskilled Eric Mitchell. | 这些家伙中有人杀了埃里克・米切尔 |
[20:11] | Okay, but this just looks like a bad joke. | 是 但是这看起来只是个过分的玩笑 |
[20:14] | Whoa, wait. Look… look at Wallace. | 等等 看 看华莱士 |
[20:16] | What? He’s smiling. | 怎么了 他在笑 |
[20:18] | Yeah, sure, he’s enjoying the joke, but, uh… | 是啊 他很享受这个玩笑 但是 |
[20:22] | Every time he looks directly at Mitchell… | 每次他直视米切尔的时候 |
[20:25] | Intense disgust. | 极度厌恶 |
[20:27] | That’s more than a bad joke. | 这不仅仅是个过分的玩笑 |
[20:38] | When Manny Trillo killed my husband, I… | 曼尼・特雷罗杀了我丈夫以后 |
[20:42] | I was angry. | 我非常愤怒 |
[20:44] | For years, I couldn’t even say his name. | 好多年 我甚至不能提他的名字 |
[20:48] | Then one day, someone told me about his book. | 然后有一天 某人跟我说了他的书 |
[20:52] | I had a morbid curiosity. | 我有一种病态的好奇心 |
[20:55] | So I went outand bought a copy. | 所以就去买了一本 |
[20:59] | I read the whole thing… in two days. | 我用了两天读完全书 |
[21:04] | I was shocked. | 我震惊了 |
[21:08] | How could that man have written such a… | 这个人怎么能够写出这样一本… |
[21:15] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[21:19] | Everything I had believed… | 我之前所有观念 |
[21:24] | it changed the way I look at things. | 它改变了我看待事情的方式 |
[21:27] | Ms. Sando? Do you believe Mr. Trillo has changed? | 桑多女士 你相信特雷罗先生改过了吗 |
[21:38] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 是的 我相信 |
[21:44] | I believe he’s repented. | 我相信他悔悟了 |
[21:47] | He’s changed his heart. | 他的内心已经改变 |
[21:51] | And he’s changed mine. | 而且他也改变了我的内心 |
[21:55] | That’s quite a statement. | 这是很好的佐证 |
[21:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:04] | Of course she doesn’t believe a word she just said. | 她刚才说的都是假话 |
[22:08] | Do you believe Mr. Trillo has changed? | 你相信特雷罗先生改过了吗 |
[22:14] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是的 是的 我相信 |
[22:17] | There it is. Slightest head shake no. | 就是这里 轻微的摇头表示不 |
[22:22] | Now, we do this by accident when we don’t mean what we say. | 我们言不由衷的时候 会不小心做这个动作 |
[22:25] | Holly Sando did it every time she said | 荷利・桑多每次说她认为特雷罗已改过时 |
[22:29] | She thought Trillo had changed. | 都会做这个动作 |
[22:31] | And then there’s this. | 然后看这个 |
[22:32] | You can’t let him die in this prison. | 你们不能让他死在监狱里 |
[22:37] | There. | 这里 |
[22:40] | Classic glare, which is a bit surprising from | 典型的怒视 如果她真心相信特雷罗 |
[22:43] | A true believer in Mr. Trillo. | 这是完全不可想象的 |
[22:45] | Why then lobby for the releaseof a man who killed your husband | 如果你不觉得杀死自己丈夫的人已经改过 |
[22:47] | If you don’t believehe’s changed? | 为什么还要说服假释委员会释放他 |
[22:49] | She may be trying to convince herself. | 也许她在试图说服自己 |
[22:50] | Maybe she believe she’s changed intellectually, | 或许她在理智上相信他改过了 |
[22:53] | But she can’t quite get there emotionally. | 但是却没办法抑制自己的情感 |
[22:56] | Or maybe Trillo got one of his old buddies to threaten her. | 或许特雷罗找了以前的弟兄去恐吓她 |
[23:07] | People always think that anger is the most dangerous emotion, | 人们总是认为愤怒是最危险的情绪 |
[23:11] | But disgustis the language of hatred. | 但是厌恶也是表示仇恨 |
[23:14] | Hitler talking about the jews. | 希特勒谈及犹太人 |
[23:17] | Bin laden talking about amEricans. | 本・拉登谈及美国人 |
[23:20] | And you during the hazing of Eric Mitchell. | 还有你在捉弄埃里克・米切尔的时候 |
[23:23] | What did you have against Eric Mitchell? | 你看埃里克・米切尔哪里不顺眼 |
[23:28] | The kid made my life hell. | 这孩子让我的生活一团糟 |
[23:30] | You’ve been with the department for almost a decade. | 你在这个部门待了差不多10年 |
[23:32] | How does a probie like Mitchell make your life hell? | 米切尔是个新人 怎么会让你的生活一团糟 |
[23:36] | Nine years. | 9年 |
[23:37] | Nine years, and I never had a problem. | 9年了 我从未有过麻烦 |
[23:40] | I mean, the occasional bad joke, watermelon in the locker. | 偶尔会有过分的玩笑 比如在衣柜里放西瓜 |
[23:44] | But I kept my mouth shut. | 但是我什么都不说 |
[23:47] | We’re not black. We’re not white. We’re firemen. | 我们不分黑人白人 我们是消防员 |
[23:50] | So we get hazed. | 我们互相捉弄 |
[23:53] | Mitchell gets hazed, he runs to the vulcans, the black firefighter society. | 米切尔被玩了 就上告到黑人消防员组织 |
[23:58] | Requesteda transfer. | 要求调离这里 |
[24:00] | Mitchell made this racial. | 米切尔把这件事种族化了 |
[24:02] | So, you had to choose sides? | 所以 你得考虑支持谁 |
[24:04] | I tried to protect him, | 我努力保护他 |
[24:06] | But he was young and proud. | 但他年轻气盛 |
[24:09] | He wouldn’t learn. | 无法接受这个 |
[24:11] | And the more he pushed, the worse it got. | 他越反抗 就越惨 |
[24:14] | So, you hopped on the fire wagon. | 所以你偷偷搭乘他的救火车 |
[24:16] | You found outhe had a peanut allergy, and you thought, well, that’ll teach him? | 发现他花生过敏 以为他这次会得到教训 |
[24:20] | Yeah. We did that months ago. | 是的 几个月前我们就那么做了 |
[24:23] | The kid got hive sall over, and it was funny as hell, but it didn’t kill him. | 他浑身都是疹子 滑稽透了 但那不致命的 |
[24:30] | No. Things got much worse. | 事情更糟了 |
[24:36] | My guess– someone screwed with his equipment. | 我猜 他的设备被人动了手脚 |
[24:39] | Wasn’t you? | 不是你吗 |
[24:40] | I wouldn’t touch another firefighter’s equipment. | 我不会动任何消防员的设备 |
[24:44] | Now, I may have hated the kid, but I didn’t want him dead. | 也许我讨厌他 但没希望他死 |
[24:46] | Someone did. | 有人希望 |
[24:48] | Who had the racial problem with Mitchell? | 谁和米切尔有矛盾 |
[24:55] | A lot of guys. | 很多人 |
[24:58] | It could have been any one of them. | 谁都有可能 |
[25:00] | I can’t believe Wallace didn’t come forward earlier. | 不敢相信华莱士现在才说出来 |
[25:03] | Yeah, the black firefighter won’t rat on the racists. | 黑人消防员不告发种族主义者 |
[25:05] | It is a little surprising, isn’t it? | 有点吃惊 对吧 |
[25:07] | Well, not really. | 不是这样的 |
[25:08] | The firehouse is a more important association for Wallace than race. | 对华莱士来说 消防队比种族问题重要得多 |
[25:11] | And in his mind,race wasn’t an issue until Mitchell came along. | 在他看来 米切尔来后 种族问题才凸显 |
[25:15] | You’re sayingthis was Eric’s fault? | 你是说这是埃里克的错 |
[25:16] | No, no. This is the new face of racism. | 不是 这是种族歧视的新方式 |
[25:19] | Instead of over prejudice, you see unconscious discrimination. | 这是无意识的歧视 而不是故意的 |
[25:22] | Nobody’s joining the klan, but a lot of people still hire the white guy | 没有三K党了 但很多人面对相同的简历时 |
[25:25] | over the black guy with the same resume | 都会聘用白人 而不是黑人 |
[25:27] | And when unconscious racism surfaces, it can be lethal. | 一旦无意识种族歧视显现出来 就可能致命 |
[25:30] | And then what starts out as reasonable hazing turns deadly. | 随意的捉弄 变成了致命游戏 |
[25:34] | So, how do we find the men responsible? | 那我们怎么找到杀手 |
[25:37] | We’d like torun the company through a little experiment. | 我们想给所有队员做个测试 |
[25:43] | As I said earlier, I…I’ve read his books, and I’ve seen him interviewed, | 我说过 我看过他的书 也看过他的访谈 |
[25:48] | And I really believe that Manny Trillo was a… is a changed man. | 我真的相信曼尼・特雷罗变好了 |
[25:55] | I asked Holly Sando to come in, and she wasn’t up for it, , | 我请荷利・桑多来 她不愿意 |
[25:58] | I pulled her statement to the press after the parole hearing. | 假释听证会后 我把她的证词给了媒体 |
[26:01] | I think it’s-it’s amazing the way he’s-he’s turned himself around. | 他能这样转变 我真是太惊讶了 |
[26:06] | She keeps flashing contempt, anger. | 她不断流露出蔑视 愤怒 |
[26:08] | She still hates the guy. | 她还在恨他 |
[26:11] | You may be right. Trillo may be threatening her. | 也许你是对的 特雷罗可能威胁她了 |
[26:13] | No.I told you, everything we’ve seen from Trillo up till now– | 不 我告诉过你 目前我们看过的所有 |
[26:16] | the old videotape,the interview–everything suggestshe’s evolved. | 有关特雷罗的旧录像和访谈都表明 |
[26:20] | He’s not the same man at all. | 他不是同一个人了 |
[26:22] | Did any ofthe reporters ask her why she decided to testify for Trillo? | 有没有记者问她 她为什么要为特雷罗作证 |
[26:26] | Um, yeah, they did. | 有的 他们问了 |
[26:27] | Miss Sando, tell me, what made you come forward | 桑多小姐 请问 在这么多年后 |
[26:30] | After all these years? | 你为什么要站出来为他说话 |
[26:31] | I had heard that the governor was considering a pardon, and I thought, | 我听说州长想要赦免他 所以我想 |
[26:37] | well, it…it-it’s time. | 是时候站出来了 |
[26:39] | Eyebrows up, pulled together. | 眉毛挑起 皱到一起 |
[26:42] | Fear. | 恐惧 |
[26:43] | There’s your answer. | 你要的答案出现了 |
[27:05] | Stopping by for lunch? | 来这吃午饭吗 |
[27:08] | No. Just a question. | 不 就是问个问题 |
[27:11] | Did you get someone to threaten Holly Sando? | 你是不是叫人恐吓荷利・桑多 |
[27:19] | I’m not threatening Holly Sando. | 我没有恐吓 荷利・桑多 |
[27:21] | Really? Because that would be your typical gang banger move, right? | 真的吗 那不是你们帮派最擅长的事么 |
[27:25] | Get in touchwith your old familiars. | 给你的朋友打个招呼 |
[27:27] | Send her a message. | 去警告她 |
[27:29] | Look, that’s not me, not anymore. | 我不是这样的 不再是了 |
[27:30] | You sure you haven’t called any of your old friends? | 你确定你没有 找你以前的手下 |
[27:33] | I don’t talk to those lacras. | 我没找过那些贱人 |
[27:35] | Oh, now, that is not the truth. | 那才不是真相 |
[27:39] | You see how you’re hunched over? | 看看你怎么环抱的 |
[27:42] | Well, we do that when we’re lying. | 人们撒谎时就会那样 |
[27:45] | We try to take up as little space as possible. | 我们只想呆在最小的空间里 |
[27:50] | And you really ought to work on that anger trigger, mate. | 老兄 你真该好好控制下你的愤怒 |
[27:53] | Raises the blood pressure, and the heart rate. | 血压上升 心跳加快 |
[27:57] | – It’s not good for you. – Okay. | -对你可不好 -好吧 |
[28:02] | The truth is, I’m in contact with some of them. | 事实是 我是和他们联系过 |
[28:05] | I’m working with the gang task force on a truce between punio and la salva. | 和黑帮一起调停 普尼奥和萨尔瓦的斗争 |
[28:09] | They told meto keep it quiet. It’s dangerous. | 他们叫我别管 太危险了 |
[28:12] | But I haven’t been sending anyone out after Holly Sando. | 但我从没叫人 去恐吓荷利・桑多 |
[28:17] | I don’t believe you. He hasn’t changed. His truce? | 我不信 他一点没变 他参与调停 |
[28:21] | Just so that the cops won’t notice that he’s taking over el punio again. | 就是不想让警察发现 他再次掌控了普尼奥 |
[28:25] | Nada es real ni es mentira. | (西班牙语)任何事都非真非假 |
[28:29] | Nothing is real or a lie. | 任何事都非真非假 |
[28:31] | It all dependson the color of the glass you’re looking through. | 都是由你看待事物的 方式决定的 |
[28:37] | Look, there’s so much good I can do if you just get me out of here. | 听着 我能做很多善事 只要你把我弄出去 |
[28:41] | Get me out of here, and I’ll rove it to you. | 把我弄出去 我能证明给你看 |
[28:49] | Over the next ten minutes, you’ll be shown a series of images. | 接下来的十分钟 你会看到一系列的图片 |
[28:52] | Each image will be followed by a series of adjectives. | 每幅图片 都会有形容词来形容 |
[28:55] | If the adjective describes the image, click yes. | 如果形容得正确 按下是 |
[28:59] | If not, click no. | 如果不正确 按否 |
[29:03] | Hey, Sylvia. What are you guys up to? | 希尔维亚 你好啊 你们在干嘛 |
[29:06] | We’re testing for racial bias. | 我们在做种族歧视程度的测试 |
[29:08] | People with unconsciousbias find it easier to | 下意识歧视的人会很容易 |
[29:10] | Associate positive adjectives with Caucasian faces. | 把积极的形容词 和白人联系起来 |
[29:13] | When we shift to an African-American face– | 当我们换上黑人的图像时 |
[29:16] | The biased firefighters still associate | 有偏见的消防员仍然会 |
[29:17] | The adjective with the image. | 把积极的词和图像联系起来 |
[29:19] | It just takes them longer. | 只不过考虑的时间稍长 |
[29:22] | Clock the racist. | 记录种族主义者 |
[29:23] | Oh, they’re all racist. | 他们都是 |
[29:25] | Yeah, 80% of people who take this test are biased. | 80%参加测试的人都是这样 |
[29:27] | We’re just looking for the guy who takes the longest. | 我们就是要找时间花得最长的人 |
[29:29] | Oh, they’re just about done. | 他们刚好做完 |
[29:31] | All right, can we, uh, pull up the average association time for each of them? | 能算出 每个人花的平均时间吗 |
[29:37] | It’s taking David Caddick three times as long to say nice things about African-Americans. | 戴维・卡蒂克 他考虑的时长是别人的三倍 |
[29:42] | Looks like we have a winner. | 看来就是他了 |
[29:43] | I am not a racist. | 我没有种族歧视 |
[29:45] | No, you don’t thinkyou are. | 只是你自己没发现而已 |
[29:47] | But it would explainwhy you tooksuch an active rolein the hazing. | 所以你才会在捉弄人时那么积极 |
[29:50] | I didn’t do anything different than the other guys. | 我做的事情和其他人的无差啊 |
[29:52] | You didn’t mes swith Eric Mitchell’s equipment? | 你没搞坏埃里克・米切尔的设备吗 |
[29:54] | I didn’t have a problem with Mitchell. | 我和米切尔没有矛盾 |
[29:56] | We know that you hated him. | 我们知道你讨厌他 |
[29:58] | You don’t even realize how much you hated him. | 你都没发觉自己有多恨他 |
[30:00] | How much you hate all of them. | 你恨所有人 |
[30:02] | I’m telling youthat I didn’t have any kind of a racial problem with Mitchell. | 我告诉你们 我和米切尔没有任何种族矛盾 |
[30:08] | But you had another problem with him. | 但你和他一定有其他矛盾的 是吧 |
[30:16] | The guy couldn’t keep it in his pants. | 他人真太贱了 |
[30:21] | This was… about a girl? | 是关于某个女孩吗 |
[30:26] | – You see the disgust? – Yeah. | -你注意到厌恶没 -是的 |
[30:28] | Well, that’s hate. | 憎恨 |
[30:30] | I’m guessing it’s racially motivated. | 我猜还是种族问题 |
[30:36] | Was that your problem? | 这就是你讨厌的吗 |
[30:38] | Was it that he was black and she was white? | 因为他是黑人 那女孩是白人 |
[30:43] | I didn’t know Eric was dating a white girl. | 我不知道埃里克和一个白人女孩交往 |
[30:46] | Is that why this happened? | 就是因为这而杀他的吗 |
[30:48] | Well, we’re not sure. | 我们还不确定 |
[30:49] | Racial hatred is about disgust, | 种族厌恶导致厌恶 |
[30:51] | But when we pressed Caddick about the girl… | 但当我们和卡蒂克说到那女孩时 |
[30:54] | The predominant emotion was anger, | 他马上满脸的愤怒 |
[30:56] | Which suggeststhat Eric may have crossed some other line. | 这说明埃里克可能还做了其他不该做的事 |
[30:59] | That maybe caddick was angry because he disrespected his code. | 卡蒂克愤怒可能是因为 因为他违反了规则 |
[31:03] | By dating a white girl? | 因为和白人女孩约会 |
[31:05] | That’s not part of any code that I remember. | 我不记得规则里有这么一条 |
[31:07] | Well, we don’t think this was just any white girl. | 重点也许不止是白人女孩 |
[31:10] | Might haveeen another firefighter’s girl. | 可能是别的消防员的女友之类的 |
[31:12] | He knew better. | 他深谙规则 |
[31:13] | He was smarter than that. | 聪明如他可不会这样干 |
[31:15] | Did he ever bring anyone homef rom the firehouse? | 他还从消防队带过别的人回家吗 |
[31:21] | Oh, god… | 天… |
[31:25] | she came by. | 埃里克死后 |
[31:27] | After Eric died. | 她来访过 |
[31:29] | She was upset. | 那个女孩看上去很苦恼 |
[31:32] | She brought me a meal. | 还给我带了饭 |
[31:34] | – Do you remember her name? – Kerry. | -还记得那个女孩的名字吗 -凯莉 |
[31:38] | The chief’s niece. | 是队长的侄女 |
[31:48] | Should I call D.C. gang task force? | 我要不要通知特遣队 |
[31:50] | Ask if they’ve heard of a threat against Holly Sando? | 问他们有否得知 荷利・桑多被威胁 |
[31:53] | Nope. | 不用 |
[31:55] | Trillo didn’t show any deception leakage. | 特雷罗没有表现出任何说谎的迹象 |
[31:59] | Not when he denied threatening Sando, | 他否认威胁桑多的时候没有闪现 |
[32:02] | Not when was talking about the truce. | 谈及调停的时候也没有闪现 |
[32:05] | He’s a criminal. | 但他是个罪犯 |
[32:07] | He’s a fantastic liar. | 肯定也是个说谎大师 |
[32:08] | He’s an appalling liar. He’s atrocious. | 他撒谎技巧并不高 甚至可以说非常糟 |
[32:12] | The one time he did lie, he was… | 那次他说谎的时候 就像 |
[32:14] | Completely traparent; you should’ve seen that. | 完全透明的被我看穿 你也看到了 |
[32:16] | So you thinkhe’s telling the truth? | 所以你觉得他说的是真的 |
[32:17] | I don’t think he’s going back to the gang. | 我觉得他应该不想回到帮派里去 |
[32:21] | Then why is Holly Sando lying? | 那荷利・桑多为什么要说谎 |
[32:23] | If Trillo isn’t threatening her, why is she lying for him? | 如果特雷罗没威胁她 她为什帮他说谎 |
[32:26] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[32:29] | – Could be any number of reasons. – Yeah, but there aren’t any. | -可能有几百万种理由 -根本没有理由 |
[32:31] | Man, you need to listen to me. | 你就不能听我说 |
[32:34] | You saw his anger. You know this guyis violent. | 你看到他的愤怒了 你知道他有暴力倾向 |
[32:36] | You need… you need to listen to me. | 你…就不能听听我的意见吗 |
[32:42] | You need to stop making this personal. | 你不能掺杂个人感情 |
[32:44] | – I’m not making this personal. – Yeah, you are. | -我没有 -你有 |
[32:50] | Your procerus doesn’t move, which means you had your nose fixed, right? | 你的降眉肌没有动 你做过隆鼻手术 对吗 |
[32:55] | You don’t strike me as particularly vain, so… | 你反对我并不是因为我说的没道理 |
[32:58] | So what is it then? | 那是因为什么 |
[33:10] | Who was it? Was it your dad? | 是因为谁 是不是因为你的父亲 |
[33:14] | Your dad smack you around? | 你父亲有家庭暴力 |
[33:25] | I know violent people. | 我了解暴力的人 |
[33:28] | They don’t change. | 他们本性难移 |
[33:32] | You said so yourself. | 你自己也这么说 |
[33:34] | Once people learn this kind of trigger… | 人一旦会被某些事情触发… |
[33:43] | Who are you calling? | 你要打给谁 |
[33:45] | I think you might be right in a way. | 也许你说的没错 |
[33:46] | Put me through to lieutenant governor Goldin, please. | 帮我接戈尔丁副州长 |
[33:50] | I think you should go ahead and announce Trillo’s release. Let him go. | 你应该宣告释放特雷罗 让他走 |
[33:55] | Yeah, just one thing, though. | 只是还有一件事 |
[33:59] | Have the cops follow him. | 派警察跟着他 |
[34:49] | I met Eric on his first day. | 埃里克来的第一天我就见过他 |
[34:53] | He was so excited. | 他很兴奋 |
[34:57] | He moved here from dc,and he didn’t know anyone, so I… | 他从华盛顿搬过来 谁也不认识 |
[35:01] | I offere dto take him out. | 所以我主动提出带他出去逛逛 |
[35:04] | I was being friendly, and… and six months later,he asked me to marry him. | 我对他很友好 六个月后 他向我求婚了 |
[35:11] | Your relationship–it was a secret? | 你们是…地下情 |
[35:13] | It had to be. | 必须如此 |
[35:15] | Working in the house, | 在消防队里工作 |
[35:17] | It’s like having a dozen over-protective brothers. | 就像有几十个过度保护你的哥哥 |
[35:21] | And my uncle, he… | 我叔叔他… |
[35:24] | he didn’t know? | 他不知道 |
[35:25] | He wouldn’t let me datea fireman, not… | 他不会让我和一个消防员约会的 |
[35:28] | Not one in his house. | 特别是他手下的人 |
[35:30] | That’s why Eric put in for a transfer. | 这就是为什么埃里克申请转职 |
[35:33] | I thought that if we made a clean break… | 我们如果能和这里的一切做个了断 |
[35:40] | We were going to move to a little town outside of philly. | 就可以搬去 费城郊区的小镇 |
[35:46] | He wanted a family. | 他想有个家 |
[35:50] | Jack? | 杰克 |
[35:53] | I had no idea. | 我根本不知道 |
[35:57] | I had no idea that they were in a relationship. | 我根本不知道他们在谈恋爱 |
[36:01] | – That’s true. – Apologies. | -没错 -抱歉 |
[36:04] | I took the liberty of taping your reaction just now. | 我刚才把你的反应录了下来 |
[36:08] | When yourniece started describing her relationship… | 当你侄女描述她和埃里克的恋情时 |
[36:11] | And six months later, he asked me to marry him. | “六个月后 他向我求婚了” |
[36:15] | Surprise. | 惊讶 |
[36:16] | So, this hasnothing to do with Mitchell’s murder? | 那么恋情和谋杀没有关系 |
[36:18] | It did. | 有关系 |
[36:20] | Eric Mitchell was killed because he stepped out of line. | 埃里克・米切尔是因为他的行为过头了 |
[36:22] | He slept with thechief’s niece. | 他和队长的侄女上床 |
[36:24] | He disrespected the code. | 他违反了规则 |
[36:28] | Now, the chiefsets the rules, but he doesn’t enforce them. | 队长创立了规则 但他没有强力执行 |
[36:30] | That’s somebody else’s job. | 执行的另有其人 |
[36:35] | I taped you, too. | 我也录下了你的表情 |
[36:37] | And six months later, he asked me to marry him. | “六个月后 他向我求婚了” |
[36:40] | Anger and disgust: The language of hate. | 愤怒 不屑 怒火中烧 |
[36:48] | You? You killed him? | 是你 是你杀了他 |
[36:52] | No. I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[36:55] | I just wantedto humiliate him. He needed to learn humility. | 我只是想让他丢脸 他该学学什么叫羞耻 |
[36:58] | – He was one of our men. – No, he wasn’t one of my men. | -他也是我们的一员 -不 他不是 |
[37:02] | My men respect the code. | 我的人不会违反规则 |
[37:04] | My men don’t complain when they’re forced to broom the latrine, | 我的人也不会抱怨被派去扫厕所 |
[37:07] | And my men know damn well not to crap where they eat. | 我的人都明白 兔子不吃窝边草 |
[37:10] | For God’s sakes, Tommy. | 汤米 看在上帝份上 |
[37:12] | You killed a man. | 你杀了人啊 |
[37:15] | Arrest him. | 抓起来 |
[37:19] | I was just following the code. | 我只是遵守规则 |
[37:52] | Holly Sando? | 荷利・桑多 |
[37:54] | Hi. What’ve you got | 你好啊 拿的什么 |
[37:57] | What have you got there, a .38? | 你带了把什么枪 点三八型 |
[37:59] | .38 special? | 一把特制的点三八手枪 |
[38:02] | Police said you registered that a couple of months ago. | 警方说你几个月前登记了一把 |
[38:06] | Long enough to figure out how to use it, eh? | 几个月够你搞清怎么用了是吧 |
[38:09] | He’s right. I’ve been practicing. | 他说得对 我有勤加练习 |
[38:12] | Drop the weapon! Drop the weapon! | 放下武器 放下武器 |
[38:16] | – Easy now, easy. – Okay, everybody,calm down. | -放轻松 -好了 大家冷静点 |
[38:18] | Move out of the way! | 不要挡着路 |
[38:19] | Just give me a minute to talk to her. | 给我一分钟和她谈谈 |
[38:22] | Just want to talk to ms. Sando. | 我只是想和桑多太太谈一会儿 |
[38:25] | Holly. Holly. | 荷利 荷利 |
[38:28] | Listen to me. Can you listen to me? | 听着 你听我说一句 |
[38:33] | If you have to do this, I understand. | 我能理解你这么做 |
[38:37] | I want you to know that I understand. | 我想你知道我能理解 |
[38:41] | I don’t care if you’ve changed. I don’t care. | 我不在乎你是否改变 我不在乎 |
[38:45] | Manny, you’re still the man who killed my husband. | 曼尼 你仍然是杀我丈夫的凶手 |
[38:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:50] | – You took him away from me. – I know. | -你从我身边夺走了他 -我知道 |
[38:56] | – You took him away. – I know. | -你夺走了他 -我知道 |
[38:59] | And you, you can change all you want. | 你可以转变 |
[39:06] | You can never change that! | 但永远改变不了这个事实 |
[39:09] | I know. And I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[39:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:26] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:41] | Got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[40:44] | Trillo wanted you to have this. | 特雷罗想给你这个 |
[40:57] | I’m sorry about before. | 之前的事 对不起 |
[41:02] | Sometimes I see so much, I don’t know how not to tell people. | 有时候我看到太多真相 却不知道怎么闭嘴 |
[41:06] | Yeah, I get that. | 我能理解 |
[41:09] | You’re right. Most people don’t change. | 你是对的 大多数人本性难移 |
[41:14] | I mean, I’ve been there, waiting for it, | 我曾经也寄望于人会改变 |
[41:18] | Hoping for it, and then they just don’t. | 但却一直失望 |
[41:26] | But there are a few, I think, who can. | 但我想还是会有一小部分人 会改变的 |
[41:36] | Any other life lessons? | 还要有什么人生哲理要说吗 |
[41:42] | When someone… | 当有人 |
[41:45] | Bashes you around, who’s twice your size, just when ever he feels like it, | 比你强壮 随时能把你打得鼻青脸肿 |
[41:52] | You learn to read emotions pretty fast. | 你逐渐学会迅速判断他的心情 |
[41:59] | We adapt to survive. | 只有适应 才能生存 |
[42:05] | Your abuse made you a natural. | 你的经历让你给了你识别表情的能力 |
[42:10] | He made you what you are. | 是他造就了你 |
[42:15] | Well, I’ll be sure to thank him. | 我会记得谢他的 |
[42:22] | So what about you? | 那你呢 |
[42:25] | I’m not a natural. I had to learn this. | 我不是天生的 我需要不断去学习 |
[42:30] | Why’d you want to learn? | 你为什么想到学这个 |
[42:32] | What, you all of a sudden became obsessed with facial expression? | 怎么 突然心血来潮 就痴迷面部表情了 |
[42:43] | I didn’t think so. | 不是的吧 |
[42:49] | So who was it? | 那么是谁 |
[42:53] | Who made you who you are? | 是谁造就了今天的你 |