时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | The case of samantha burch,the 11-year-old girl | 新闻:”最后一次出现是两个月前放学回家的” |
[00:07] | last seen leaving school two months ago, | “十一岁女孩萨曼莎・布奇的案子” |
[00:09] | Suspicions continue to swirl around samantha’s parents | “有了新的进展嫌疑集中在萨曼莎的父母身上” |
[00:13] | brian and lorraine burch | “布莱恩和洛瑞・布奇夫妇正被指控” |
[00:14] | amid accusations that they killed their daughter and claimed she was abducted. | “杀害其女并假称其被绑架” |
[00:19] | Just yesterday the burches raised the reward for information | “就在昨天 布奇夫妇刚提高了赏金” |
[00:21] | about their daughter’s where abouts to $100,000. | “金额高达十万美金” |
[00:25] | And there are also reports | “据消息称 他们还雇佣了” |
[00:26] | they’ve hired so-called deception expert dr. Cal lightman. | “所谓的 骗术专家 卡尔・莱特曼博士” |
[00:29] | Girl goes missing,supermodel’s in rehab, | 女孩儿失踪 名模进戒瘾中心 |
[00:32] | obama gets anew puppy, | 总统养了只新宠物 |
[00:34] | and you guys make freedom of the press the first amendment. | 第一修正案赋予了这些人所谓的新闻自由 |
[00:37] | I don’t think this is what our founding fathers had in mind. | 我认为这不是我们的国父所希望看到的 |
[00:41] | Watch this, daddy. | 看我转啊 爸爸 |
[00:48] | – you adopted her five years ago? – Yeah. | -你们是五年前收养她的 -没错 |
[00:52] | We waited so long for a child. | 我们想要孩子很久了 |
[00:55] | She made us a family. | 她让我们整个家庭变得完整 |
[00:57] | Do either of you have children? | 你们俩有小孩吗 |
[00:59] | Yeah, I do. | 我有 |
[01:01] | How anybody thinks that… | 为什么每个人都觉得 |
[01:03] | we could hurt her,I, I don’t understand. | 我们会伤害她 我不明白 |
[01:07] | You said there was new information? | 你们得到了新消息 |
[01:09] | A car ran a red light two days ago. | 两天前 一辆闯红灯的车 |
[01:11] | The police gave us that photograph. | 警方给了我们这些照片 |
[01:12] | It’s from one ofthose traffic cameras. | 是交通道路摄像机拍下的 |
[01:14] | Do you see there? That is samantha’s sweater. | 看到没 那是萨曼莎的毛衣 |
[01:17] | Uh, lorraine made that. Someone has her. | 是洛瑞给她做的 一定是谁抓住了她 |
[01:20] | That’s why we raised the reward. | 所以我们才提高了悬赏 |
[01:21] | We re-mortgaged the house. | 我们抵押了这座房子 |
[01:23] | We’ve been getting hundreds of calls | 我们已经接到无数个 |
[01:24] | from all over saying they’ve got information about sammy, | 号称有萨米线索的电话了 |
[01:27] | but the police say that’s going to take weeks to | 不过警方说 要几周时间 |
[01:28] | talk to everybody and… | 才能和这些提供线索者谈完 |
[01:30] | she may not have that kind of time. | 但时间紧迫 |
[01:32] | So we thought that you could tell | 所以我们觉得 或许你可以告诉我们 |
[01:34] | which of the tipsterswe should believe. | 哪些人是值得相信的 |
[01:36] | I mean, you could do that faster than the police, right? | 我是说 最起码比那群警察快吧 |
[01:40] | I need to ask you a question. | 我要问你几个问题 |
[01:44] | Did you kill your daughter? | 你杀了你的女儿吗 |
[01:48] | – Did you? Did you kill her? – How can you even ask us that? | -有没有 -你怎么能问的出来 |
[01:50] | – Yeah, I know, you brought me here to help you. – Are you serious? | -我知道你们想我可以帮到忙 -你是认真的 |
[01:51] | So answer the question. Did you kill your daughter? | 那就回答吧 你有没有杀你的女儿 |
[01:53] | – I’m not gonna answer that. – No, listen. | -我不想回答这个问题 -不 听着 |
[01:55] | – Did you kill samantha? – We didn’t bring you here so that… | -你杀了萨曼莎对吗 -我们让你来是为了 |
[01:57] | did you kill your daughter? Did you kill her? | 是不是你杀了女儿 是不是你 |
[02:00] | No. No, no, no. No. No, no. | 不… 不… |
[02:08] | All right,I think we can help you. | 好吧 我想我们可以帮到你们 |
[02:46] | You gonna be okay? | 你还好吗 |
[02:48] | Sure. | 当然 |
[02:49] | ‘Cause I can do this one on my own. | 我可以自己来的 |
[02:51] | No, not a chance. | 别 没门 |
[02:52] | I know what you’re thinking, | 我知道你想什么 |
[02:53] | and it’s not going to be a problem; I’m fine. | 那不是问题 我很好 |
[02:55] | Dr. Lightman, can we ask you a question? | 莱特曼博士 我可以问你个问题吗 |
[02:57] | Anything from the burches? | 关于布奇夫妇 说点什么吧 |
[02:59] | Um, off the record? | 非正式记录 |
[03:01] | Yeah, off the record. Put the camera down. | 当然 把摄像机放下来 |
[03:04] | It’s my understanding that, uh, | 我的理解是 |
[03:05] | samantha burch was seen with an unidentified male | 萨曼莎和一个身份不明的男士 |
[03:09] | leaving a restaurant called the happy dragon. | 一起离开”快乐龙”饭店 |
[03:11] | Right now the police are searching chinatown. | 所以警察正在搜索唐人街 |
[03:13] | All right, thank you. Let’s go. | 好的 多谢 我们走 |
[03:16] | Well, the burches could use some privacy, | 这样布奇夫妇可以得到片刻安宁 |
[03:18] | and the happy dragon could definitely use the business. | 而”快乐龙”也会有财源广进了 |
[03:31] | Diane kretschmer, editor- in-chief at ashmont press. | 我是黛安・特雷斯莫 “阿诗蒙”杂志的主编 |
[03:34] | Dr. Foster explained what this was about? | 福斯特博士跟你们说了案情了吗 |
[03:36] | It’s about her, right? Farida mugisha. | 是她 对吧 法里达・穆吉沙 |
[03:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[03:40] | What do you know about her? | 对于她 你了解些什么 |
[03:42] | Well, she’s a, uh, peace activist from northern uganda. | 她是来自北乌干达的和平倡导者 |
[03:45] | She was kidnapped by rebels when she was in her teens, | 她小时候曾被叛乱军劫持 |
[03:47] | kept in the bush, and escaped. | 被关押在森林中 后来她逃走了 |
[03:49] | I read her book. It’s awesome. | 我看过她的书 帅呆了 |
[03:52] | You published it, right? | 不会是你帮她出版的吧 |
[03:53] | Yeah, and it’s about to be huge. | 没错 正要帮她疯狂造势呢 |
[03:54] | This is just the kickoff party for the tour. | 这只是巡回签售会的准备派对 |
[03:57] | Oprah’s chosen her for the book club. | 奥普拉(著名主持人)还选了她为书友会站台 |
[03:58] | But there’s a problem? | 那问题出在 |
[04:00] | Last week we got a report | 上周我们接到消息 |
[04:02] | that farida took part in massacres | 说法里达参与了 |
[04:04] | carried out by the rebels that held her. | 绑架她的反政府武装的大屠杀 |
[04:07] | Took part how? | 如何参与 |
[04:09] | Carried a gun, pulled the trigger. | 带上枪 扣动扳机 |
[04:11] | Her memoir doesn’t mention that. | 她的自传可没有提到这一茬 |
[04:13] | If the reports are accurate, it’s a disaster. | 如果报告属实 那就完了 |
[04:15] | It means the whole book’s a lie. | 说明整本书就是个惊天谎言 |
[04:16] | We’re about to ship half a million copies. | 我们刚要多印一百万本 |
[04:18] | Now, is there any way that you can find out | 现在就靠你们来辨认 |
[04:20] | if there’s any truth to these accusations? | 这个指控是否属实了 |
[04:21] | We’ll have to talk to her about what happened | 我们需要和她谈谈发生的事 |
[04:23] | and see how she reacts. | 并观察她作何反应 |
[04:24] | And you’ll be discreet? | 谨慎为之 |
[04:25] | Farida absolutely cannot know that you’re investigating her. | 千万不能让法里达知道你们在调查她 |
[04:28] | That won’t be a problem. | 绝对没问题 |
[04:31] | Gillian foster. | 吉莉安・福斯特 |
[04:32] | Don hughes, youth investigation division at metro. | 唐・休斯 青少年调查科 |
[04:35] | Detective. | 你好 |
[04:36] | Mr. Hughes is here to welcome us to the burch case. | 休斯先生是来”欢迎”我们的 |
[04:39] | “Welcome” isn’t the word I’d use. | 我不会用”欢迎”这个词来形容 |
[04:42] | Well, we won’t get in your way, detective. | 我们不会妨碍你的 休斯 |
[04:44] | Too late. | 太晚了 |
[04:45] | You work for the burches, right? | 你们为布奇夫妇工作 对吗 |
[04:47] | As far as I’m concerned,they’re still suspects. | 直到现在为止 他们还是嫌疑犯 |
[04:49] | At puts you right in my way. | 所以你们肯定会妨碍到我 |
[04:50] | Well, they didn’t kill their daughter. | 他们没有杀了自己的女儿 |
[04:52] | Really? Any other tips? | 是吗 还有什么要”提点”我的 |
[04:53] | We want to find samantha as much as you do. | 我们和你一样想找到萨曼莎 |
[04:56] | When a kid’s been abducted this long, | 当一个孩子被劫持了这么久 |
[04:58] | odds are she’s dead. | 很可能已经被撕票了 |
[04:59] | You going to help me find this girl’s corpse? | 你们是来帮我找尸体的不成 |
[05:01] | How do you knowshe was abducted? | 你怎么知道她是被劫持的 |
[05:03] | And what about the traffic cam photo? | 那些道路摄像机的照片又怎么解释 |
[05:04] | Lorraine burch knit that sweater for santha off | 萨曼莎身上的毛衣是洛瑞织的 |
[05:06] | of a pattern that sold up and down the east coast. | 但这个式样实际上遍布东海岸 |
[05:08] | Could have been anyone. | 照片上是谁都可以 |
[05:09] | Maybe she just ran away. | 或许她只是离家出走 |
[05:11] | There’s no evidence of abuse or neglect in the home, | 没有虐待和照顾不当的证据 |
[05:12] | no alcoholism or drug use. | 这对父母也没有酗酒或者嗑药 |
[05:15] | Those are the usual predictors of a runaway, | 那些是普通家庭的离家出走 |
[05:19] | but samantha was adopted. | 但萨曼莎是被领养的 |
[05:21] | It’s possible she had attachment issues– | 或许她情感上有着障碍 |
[05:24] | difficulty forming a relationship with the burches. | 而很难和布奇夫妻重建关系 |
[05:26] | That could have made her run away. | 这样的话她就有可能离家出走 |
[05:28] | Uh, excuse me,the tipsters are here. | 打扰一下 提供线索的人到了 |
[05:35] | you want to stick around for this? | 你想留下来处理他们 |
[05:37] | This is going to take you forever to listen to all these people. | 要听完这所有人的话 得花一辈子吧 |
[05:41] | Fortunately, I don’t have to. | 还好 我不准备这么干 |
[05:45] | Excuse me. | 让一让 |
[05:46] | Excuse me, please. Excuse me, excuse me. | 不好意思 让一让 |
[05:51] | Uh, thanks for coming,ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢光临 女士们先生们 |
[05:54] | Now, I know you’ve been told that | 我知道你们被告之 |
[05:56] | the burch family have put forward a $100,000 reward. | 布奇家的赏金提高到了 |
[06:00] | Okay, that reward has now been withdrawn. | 10万美金 新消息 赏金被取消了 |
[06:05] | what the hell is he doing? | 他在干什么 |
[06:06] | It took us months to raise that money. | 我们凑了好几个月才凑出这笔钱 |
[06:08] | They’re all leaving. | 他们都走了 |
[06:10] | Some are leaving. | 不 只是一部分 |
[06:11] | Dr. Lightman just eliminated the financial incentive to lie. | 莱特曼博士只是在剔除那些财迷 |
[06:14] | Now, the police have arrested edward stentz | 现在警方抓住了 爱德华・斯坦茨 |
[06:16] | in connection with samantha burch’s disappearance. | 这人和萨曼莎・布奇失踪案有关 |
[06:20] | Anyone who can give me any information on edward stentz, | 谁可以提供有关爱德华・斯坦茨的情报 |
[06:22] | could you please raise your hands? | 请举手 |
[06:25] | You can all leave. | 举手的 你们都可以走了 |
[06:28] | Who’s edward stentz? | 爱德华・斯坦茨是谁 |
[06:29] | He doesn’t exist. | 这个人并不存在 |
[06:31] | The people who said they knew something about him | 说知道他消息的 |
[06:32] | are overclaimers… | 人都演过头了 |
[06:34] | lying to get attention. | 为了得到关注而撒谎 |
[06:35] | The rest of you, if you could just follow me… | 剩下来的 跟我来 |
[06:50] | I didn’t know sam that well. | 我和萨姆并不是很熟 |
[06:52] | We were in guys and dolls, but… | 我们都是”男人与女孩”(音乐剧)的成员 |
[06:55] | she was the lead, I was justin the chorus, so… | 但她是领唱 我只是和声 |
[06:59] | it’s okay. Deirdre, you’renot in any trouble. | 没关系 迪尔德雷 你不会有事的 |
[07:03] | Okay, well,there was this older boy– | 好吧 有一个大一点儿的男孩 |
[07:07] | walter grinwis. | 叫沃尔特・格林维斯 |
[07:09] | Heas always hanging around. | 他总是很喜欢在她周围 |
[07:11] | He wouldn’t leave her alone. | 从不离她半步 |
[07:13] | How old is walter? | 那个沃尔特多大了 |
[07:15] | An eighth-grader, maybe. | 好像是八年级的 |
[07:16] | When she told me about this walter, | 她告诉我沃尔特这个人时 |
[07:19] | I called the tip line. | 我让她打了热线 |
[07:22] | We called the police when we heard about samantha. | 听说萨曼莎出事时 我们报了警 |
[07:24] | The officer asked walter some questions, | 警官问了沃尔特一些问题 |
[07:27] | he thanked us for the call,that was it. | 还感谢我们的来电 就这样 |
[07:30] | It’s awful. Seems just like yesterday | 太可怕了 感觉就像昨天 |
[07:32] | walter was taking the bus with her. | 沃尔特还和她一起坐公交 |
[07:34] | You do that a lot,do you, walter? Take the bus with sam? | 你经常和她 一起坐公交吧 沃尔特 |
[07:38] | I guess. | 是吧 |
[07:39] | You were friends? | 你们是朋友么 |
[07:41] | Don’t have many friends, do you, eh? | 你朋友不多 对吧 |
[07:43] | I don’t care. People are stupid. | 我无所谓 大家都很讨厌 |
[07:46] | Not sam, though, eh? | 但萨姆不是 对吧 |
[07:50] | Where’s that picture we have of you with samantha? | 你和萨曼莎拍的照片在哪 |
[07:52] | Is it in your bedroom? | 在你房间吗 |
[07:54] | something’s in your bedroom, | 你在房间里藏了东西 |
[07:56] | isn’t it, walter? Let’s go and have a look. | 是吧 沃尔特 我们去看看 |
[07:59] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[08:05] | What do think you’re doing? | 你们要干吗 |
[08:07] | Are you afraid your son is hiding something? | 你担心你儿子藏了什么东西吗 |
[08:09] | No, of course not. | 不啊 当然不会 |
[08:10] | Hey, walter. | 沃尔特 |
[08:13] | You know how to play hot or cold yeah? | 你知道怎么玩”冷或热”吧 |
[08:16] | Okay, am I hot? | 好的 我现在”热”吗 |
[08:19] | This is dumb. | 这算啥事啊 |
[08:20] | So I’m cold, right? Okay. | 那我就是”冷” 对吧 |
[08:29] | How about now? Nope, still cold. | 现在呢 不对 我还是”冷” |
[08:36] | Am I getting warmer, walter? Yeah. | 现在是不是变”热”点了 沃尔特 对 没错 |
[08:41] | Yeah, I am. | 看来是的 |
[08:51] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[08:53] | You need a warrant before you can look through his things. | 你得有批准才能搜查他的东西 |
[08:55] | No, I don’t. I’m not with the police. | 不需要 我不是警察 |
[08:57] | I want you out of my house right now. | 你现在给我滚出去 |
[09:06] | Nice backpack, walter. | 这包挺好看嘛 沃尔特 |
[09:12] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[09:25] | I don’t care how you found this. | 我不管你们怎么找到它的 |
[09:27] | It’s got to be bagged,taken to the lab, and analyzed. | 这绝对要被没收 带到实验室进行分析 |
[09:30] | Can we just have aquick look in it? | 能大概看看里面的东西吗 |
[09:31] | Yeah, let’s contaminatethe evidence. That’ll help. | 你想影响证据的有效性吗 |
[09:34] | Detective, we need to see walter’s relationship with the bag. | 我们要知道沃尔特和这书包的关系 |
[09:37] | If he killed samantha, it’s a trophy. | 如果他杀了萨曼莎 那就是他的战利品 |
[09:39] | Its contents will provoke arousal. | 藏着这东西会增加他的成就感 |
[09:41] | If this kid hadanything to do with samantha’s disappearance, | 如果这孩子和萨曼莎的失踪 |
[09:44] | we can tell you right here, | 有任何关系 我们现在就能告诉你 |
[09:45] | right now. | 现在就能 |
[10:11] | – That’s interesting. – What? | -真有趣 -什么 |
[10:14] | He’s not showing any negative emotion. | 他没表现出任何负面情绪 |
[10:16] | In fact, I think he’s as surprised at the contents of the backpack as we are. | 实际上 他和我们一样对包里的东西 |
[10:19] | You’ve never looked in there, | 你从来没翻过 对吧 |
[10:21] | have you, walter, eh? | 是吧 沃尔特 |
[10:23] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[10:24] | It’s not mine. | 这不是我的包 |
[10:27] | You were respecting samantha’s privacy. | 你在保护萨曼莎的隐私啊 |
[10:31] | Walter, did she bring this to you? | 沃尔特 这个是她让你保管 |
[10:34] | Ask you to keep it incase she needed it? | 以防她突然需要吗 |
[10:39] | We’re not mad at samantha. | 我们没有生萨曼莎的气 |
[10:41] | We just need to find her. | 只是想找到她 |
[10:46] | I said I’d keep it. | 我说我会保管的 |
[10:47] | She asks me not to tell anyone. | 她让我别告诉任何人 |
[10:49] | She trusted me. | 她很信任我 |
[10:50] | That’s a run away kit. | 包是为逃跑准备的 |
[10:53] | Kids put them together | 小孩想离家出走时 |
[10:54] | sometimes when they’re thinking about leaving home. | 会把一些东西收在一起 |
[10:56] | When did she give it to you? | 她什么时候给你的 |
[10:58] | A couple of months before she went missing. | 在她失踪之前的几个月 |
[11:00] | I think she wanted to getaway from her mom and dad. | 我认为她是想逃离她爸妈 |
[11:02] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[11:04] | She didn’t talk too much about it. | 关于这个她说得很少 |
[11:07] | But she talked to her shrink. | 但她肯定告诉了心理医生 |
[11:11] | “Christina knowlton.” | 克里斯蒂娜・诺尔顿 |
[11:13] | Samantha saw meevery other week. | 萨曼莎每两周来一次 |
[11:16] | She had issues stemming from her adoption. | 她对自己的收养不满 |
[11:19] | I told the police everything I could. | 我把知道的都和警察说了 |
[11:21] | What was the source of the issues? | 为什么会出现问题 |
[11:25] | The dynamics were pretty complicated. | 原因很复杂 |
[11:27] | Well, she may have run away. | 她可能离家出走了 |
[11:30] | Did she talk with you about that? | 她告诉你这个了吗 |
[11:31] | Not directly, no. | 没有直接说 |
[11:33] | Indirectly? | 间接的呢 |
[11:35] | I’m sorry, but I couldn’t say. | 抱歉 无法相告 |
[11:37] | Samantha’s in danger. | 萨曼莎现在很危险 |
[11:38] | Her parents are desperate. | 她父母已经绝望了 |
[11:40] | There must be something that you can tell us. | 你肯定能透露点什么 |
[11:45] | I have a colleague who was treating a womanin an abusive marriage. | 我有个同事 虐待妻子 |
[11:49] | My colleague reportedit to the police, | 有人向警察告发他 |
[11:51] | they arrested the husband, he got out on bail, | 他被捕后 保释出狱 |
[11:54] | and went home and shothis wife in the head. | 回到家 就枪杀了他妻子 |
[11:57] | I’m sure you can appreciate | 相信你们会理解 |
[11:58] | how I have to be careful what information leaves my office. | 我做这份工作必须小心说话 |
[12:01] | You saying samantha was abused? | 你是说萨曼莎被虐待了 |
[12:03] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[12:05] | Yeah, you did. | 不 你说了 |
[12:13] | Um, club soda. | 苏打水吗 |
[12:15] | Cranberry spritzer, please. | 红梅汁 谢谢 |
[12:17] | You’d get your ass kicked if you ordered that where I’m from. | 在我家乡 要是你点这个就会被羞辱 |
[12:19] | I got my ass kicked where I’m from. | 我在家乡就是被唾弃的 |
[12:26] | there she is. | 她在那 |
[12:35] | – Farida mugisha,woman of the hour. – Hello. | -法里达・穆吉沙 焦点中心 -你好 |
[12:38] | Eli loker. I loved your book. | 我叫伊莱・洛克尔 非常喜欢你的书 |
[12:39] | – You have an incredible story. – Thank you. | -这个故事很精彩 -谢谢 |
[12:42] | I mean, everything you’ve done… | 你做的每件事 |
[12:44] | changing the world through peaceful resistance. | 用和平的反抗 改变了世界 |
[12:46] | I mean, you’re like gandhi. | 和甘地一样 |
[12:49] | Except you don’t look like a malnourished old man. | 但不像他那么营养不良 |
[12:52] | you’re too kind. | 你真客气 |
[12:54] | You never turned to violence. | 你从没使用暴力 |
[12:56] | I guess a lot of the victims did? | 但我想很多受害者都使用过吧 |
[12:58] | We have to forgive them. | 我们要原谅他们 |
[13:00] | Many had no choice. I was lucky. | 很多人别无选择而我很幸运 |
[13:02] | Lucky how? | 怎么说 |
[13:04] | I was never forced toparticipate in the massacres. | 没人逼我去杀人放火 |
[13:07] | That’s really lucky, isn’t it? | 真的很幸运 对吧 |
[13:09] | I’m thankful every day. | 我每天都怀着感激之心 |
[13:12] | I don’t think I’d have the strength to | 我没有勇气带着那种负罪感 |
[13:14] | live with something like that. | 活下去 |
[13:16] | Well, I should getback to our hosts, | 我得去和主办方会面了 |
[13:18] | but I’m speaking at seaver hall this evening. | 今晚我在西弗大厅有演讲 |
[13:20] | I hope you’ll come. | 希望你们能来 |
[13:21] | Oh, I look forward to it. | 我很期待呢 |
[13:22] | Bring yourook. I’ll sign if you’d like. | 带上你的书 你喜欢的话 我给你签名 |
[13:24] | I would like. | 非常乐意 |
[13:32] | No shame when she talked about the violence. | 她说到暴力时 没有出现愧疚 |
[13:35] | It’s hard to believe she killed anybody. | 很难相信她杀过人 |
[13:37] | – Did you see anything? – No. | -你发现什么没 -没有 |
[13:39] | We should go hear her speak. | 我们得去听听她的演讲 |
[13:40] | Yeah, she wanted to sign my book. | 好 她想给我签名呢 |
[13:43] | – I think we had a connection. – Oh, yeah. | -我和她似乎很有缘呢 -是吗 |
[13:45] | ‘Cause ugandan womencan’t resist | 因为乌干达女人不会拒绝 |
[13:47] | a guy with a girly drink. | 喝娘娘腔饮料的男人 |
[13:52] | Samantha did not run away. | 萨曼莎没有出走 |
[13:54] | Whatever you may have been told. | 不管你们听说了什么 |
[13:56] | It’s something we have to consider, mrs. Burch. | 布奇太太 我们得做这种假设 |
[13:59] | sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[14:02] | Oh, I gotta take this. | 这个必须得接 |
[14:04] | Yeah, um, it’s my daughter. | 是我女儿打来的 |
[14:06] | Just a sec. | 一下就好 |
[14:07] | Hello? Absolutely not. ‘Cause I said so. | 喂 绝对不行 因为我就是这么的 |
[14:13] | No, I said absolutely not. We.. | 不行 我说了绝对不行 |
[14:15] | don’t be such a bitch! Shut up! Stop it! | 我们 别这么犯贱 闭嘴 闭嘴 |
[14:20] | How’d we do? | 怎么样 |
[14:23] | – Sympathy, then horror. – Oh, good. | -同情 然后畏惧 -很好 |
[14:26] | Yeah, thanks, love. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[14:27] | No, it was finE. It was good, very good. | 没事很好 取决于我什么时候下班 |
[14:30] | Well, depends when I finish. | 取决于我什么时候下班 |
[14:31] | All right, yeah, I love you. | 好吧 爱你 |
[14:33] | I love you, too. Yeah. Okay, bye. | 我也爱你 拜拜 |
[14:35] | So, what the hell was that? | 那是什么意思 |
[14:37] | Well, I’m not an abusive parent. | 我不会虐待孩子 |
[14:39] | And it doesn’t look like you are either. | 看起来你们也不会 |
[14:40] | You think this is some kind of game? | 你觉得这好玩吗 你认为我们虐待 |
[14:42] | – You think we abused our daughter? – Brian. | -自己的女儿吗 -布莱恩 |
[14:44] | I’m sorry, mr. Burch, but we had trule it out. | 抱歉 布奇太太 我们必须考虑任何可能性 |
[14:48] | This is how you people treat your clients? | 你们就是这样对待客户的吗 |
[14:50] | I mean, this is a good family. | 我们是很和谐的家庭 |
[14:51] | This is a happy family! | 幸福的家庭 |
[14:53] | Samantha and I are very close. | 萨曼莎和我很亲近 |
[14:55] | You know what, I think you’re telling the truth. I do. | 我觉得你说的是实话 |
[14:58] | But you, on the other hand, there’s something you’re not saying. | 没错 但是你 你隐瞒了一些事 |
[15:02] | No, she’s saying everything. | 没有 她什么都说了 |
[15:08] | It’s all right, mrs. Burch. You can tell us. | 没关系的 布奇太太 你都可以说出来 |
[15:16] | You never saw what she was like | 你不知道她单独和我一起的时候 |
[15:17] | when she was alone with me, brian. | 是什么样子 布莱恩 |
[15:23] | A few weeks before samantha disappeared | 萨曼莎失踪前的几周 |
[15:25] | she threw one of her tantrums. | 她大发脾气 |
[15:26] | And I tried to hold her. | 我试过稳住她 |
[15:30] | I tried, but she was so strong. | 我尽力了 但她力气太大了 |
[15:33] | And she… she pushed me away. | 她还…她还推倒了我 |
[15:35] | I don’t know… | 我不知道… |
[15:37] | I don’t know how this happened. | 我不知道发生了什么事 |
[15:40] | Go on. | 继续 |
[15:44] | She fell into the stove | 她摔向了壁炉 |
[15:46] | and her shirt touchedone of the burners. | 她的衣服碰到了火苗 |
[15:50] | And it caught on fire and it burned her back. | 然后就着火了 她的背就烧伤了 |
[15:53] | It was an accident. | 这是个意外 |
[15:55] | Samantha felt guilty about it and I was… | 萨曼莎觉得很内疚 而我… |
[15:58] | I was so ashamed. | 我也觉得很羞愧 |
[16:00] | So, we didn’t tell you, | 所以我们没告诉你 |
[16:02] | and I went to the hospital alone. | 我单独带她去了医院 |
[16:04] | it was an accident. | 这是次意外 |
[16:06] | I’m so sorry, brian. | 对不起 布莱恩 |
[16:07] | I’m so sorry, brian. | 真的对不起 布莱恩 |
[16:09] | But it wasn’T… it wasn’t my fault. | 但这不是…不是我的错 |
[16:10] | It’s not my fault that she’s gone. | 她离家出走不是我的错 |
[16:12] | It’s not my fault. | 不是我的错 |
[16:13] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没关系 没关系 |
[16:17] | Sometimes adopted kids have trouble connecting. | 有的时候被收养的孩子会有些情结上的障碍 |
[16:20] | Thousands of mothers go through it. | 无数的母亲要经历这一关 |
[16:23] | It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Okay? | 没什么好羞愧的 |
[16:32] | Given what happened at home | 知道吗 鉴于她家里人的描述 |
[16:35] | you have to consider the possibility that samantha ran away. | 你必须考虑萨曼莎离家出走的可能性 |
[16:36] | Unless none of it happened and | 但可能这些都是假的 |
[16:37] | they’re pulling the wool over our eyes. | 他们蒙骗了我们的眼睛 |
[16:39] | You know how many abusive parents I’ve seen fake tears? | 你知道我见过多少虐儿家长鳄鱼的眼泪吗 |
[16:41] | – Ah, they’renot faking it. – We’ll see. | -不 他们不是假装的 -走着瞧吧 |
[16:46] | Still, if she was burned that badly, | 话说回来 如果她伤得严重的话 |
[16:48] | she needed more treatment. | 会需要进一步的治疗 |
[16:49] | I’ll have my people check the hospitals and clinics. | 我会派人去医院和诊所调查的 |
[16:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:57] | You know, you were very good back there, with mrs. Burch. | 知道吗 你很善于同布奇太太相处 |
[17:02] | Very nurturing. | 很善解人意 |
[17:04] | Maybe you should get a puppy. | 也许你该养只小狗 |
[17:07] | I could talk to obama’s people. | 我可以同政府的人谈谈 |
[17:09] | Alec has allergies. | 阿莱克有过敏症 |
[17:11] | Poodles. No fur. They have hair. | 法国狮子狗 没毛的 它们长得是头发 |
[17:17] | That’s not what it’s about. | 这不是关键原因 |
[17:29] | I watched as they murdered almost every member of the village. | 我眼看着他们杀光了村庄里几乎所有的人 |
[17:33] | The rest of us they dragged into the bush, | 我们这些剩下的人被他们拉进丛林 |
[17:36] | where I was made a rebel officer’s wife. | 我成了叛军的妻子 |
[17:38] | The horrors I saw are beyond compare. | 我所目睹的可怕场景简直无法形容 |
[17:41] | Rape. Torture. | 强奸 折磨 |
[17:44] | Massacres carried out by child soldiers. | 是孩子兵发起的大屠杀 |
[17:48] | Northern uganda has been stuck in this nightmare… | 北乌干达被笼罩在一片梦魇中 |
[17:51] | no deception leakage. | 没有说谎的迹象 |
[17:53] | She wasn’t involved in the massacres. | 她没有参与大屠杀 |
[17:56] | She seems pretty anxious. | 她看上去很紧张 |
[17:58] | Well, it’s not unusual. | 这很正常 |
[17:59] | She’s speaking in front of a big group of people. | 她面对一大堆人说话 |
[18:01] | Thank you all so much | 谢谢在场每个人 |
[18:03] | for coming out to support peace in northern uganda. | 前来支持北乌干达的和平事业 |
[18:18] | thank you for coming. | 谢谢莅临 |
[18:20] | I hope my speech wasn’t too long and boring. | 希望我的讲演不那么冗长无味 |
[18:21] | Oh, no, no, no,we’re fans. | 噢 不不不 我们很喜欢 |
[18:24] | Yeah, you looked a little nervous up there. | 你刚刚在那里显得挺紧张的 |
[18:26] | You’d think I’d be used to public speaking by now | 你肯定奇怪 我应该不是第一次做公众演说 |
[18:29] | but I’ll admit,my heart still races. | 但我承认 我的心怦怦乱跳 |
[18:30] | Oh, I-I brought my copy of your book. | 噢 我带来了你写的书 |
[18:32] | You promised to sign it. | 你答应要帮我签名的 |
[18:34] | Of course. This is for both of you? | 当然可以 这是你俩一起的书 |
[18:37] | Oh, no, no, no,we’re not together. | 噢 不不不 我们没在一起 |
[18:39] | No, we came together. But it is not a date. | 我们是一起来的 但这不是约会 |
[18:46] | Well, it was nice to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你俩 |
[18:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:03] | We heard ms. Mugisha speak twice about the massacres. | 我们听了两次穆吉沙小姐关于屠杀的演说 |
[19:07] | When she denied being involved there | 当她否认她参与其中的时候 |
[19:09] | was no increase in what we call manipulators | 她没有显示出我们所谓的操纵者的姿态 |
[19:11] | and no visible microexpressions. | 也没有明显的微表情 |
[19:14] | And what’s that in english? | 你在说什么鸟语 |
[19:16] | She said she didn’t kill anyone, | 意思是说她说没有杀人 |
[19:18] | and she was telling the truth. | 这是事实 |
[19:19] | Great. That’s it, then. | 很好 那就这样吧 |
[19:22] | – I think we might want to take another look at her. – Why? | -我想我们需要再去查查她 -为什么 |
[19:25] | There’s something about her. | 她的确有些事 |
[19:26] | Something’S… something’s not right. | 有些…不正常的事情 |
[19:28] | Do you have any evidence to support that? | 你们有证据吗 |
[19:30] | No, but if webrought her back in– | 没有 但如果我们把她带回这里… |
[19:32] | I don’t have time for this. | 我没有这么多时间 |
[19:34] | I came in for your report. What is it? | 我是来听结果 结果是什么 |
[19:36] | There’s no evidence that she’s lying. | 没有证据表明她在撒谎 |
[19:39] | That’s what I needed to hear. Thanks very much. | 这才是我想听到的 非常感谢 |
[19:47] | guess mugisha gets to meet oprah. | 穆吉沙看来能上奥普拉了 |
[19:51] | What’s it say? | 上面写什么 |
[19:53] | “Eli, thank you for listening. | 伊莱 谢谢来访 |
[19:56] | I hope to see you again.” | 我希望再有幸见到你 |
[19:59] | And, uh… | 还有 呃… |
[20:00] | that’s her phone number. | 她的电话号码 |
[20:08] | Thanks for calling us,detective. | 谢谢你打给我们 探长 |
[20:12] | Where’d you get this prize, then? | 这人你从哪里逮到的 |
[20:13] | Canvassing the hospitals. | 我们详细调查了各大医院 |
[20:15] | He was working as a nurse | 他在快乐山的一家 |
[20:16] | at the free clinic in mount pleasant. | 免费诊所里做护士 |
[20:18] | Seemed a little off, so we ran him. | 看上去有点问题 所以查了下他的底细 |
[20:20] | Turns out, he was workingunder a false name. | 结果 他在医院登记的是假姓名 |
[20:23] | Guy’s a registered pedophile. | 还查出他有恋童癖 |
[20:24] | – Whoopsie. – Why bring us in? | -啊哟 -为什么叫我们来 |
[20:27] | We haven’t been able to get anything out of him. | 我们还没撬开他的嘴 |
[20:30] | You guys have done okay so far. | 目前为止你们做得还不错 |
[20:35] | – He’s got something for us. – Let’s hope. | -看来他知道一些详情 -希望如此 |
[20:38] | No, I’m telling you. | 不 绝对如此 |
[20:40] | He’s trying not to give himself away. | 他试图不把自己供出来 |
[20:43] | This guy knows something. | 这家伙知道点事情 |
[20:54] | Ives I haven’t seen the girl. | 我跟警官说过了 我没见过这女孩 |
[20:56] | Yeah, I know. I don’t believe you. | 我知道 但我不相信 |
[20:59] | – Well, I’m telling the truth. – No, you’re not you’re lying. | 我说的是实话 你没有 你在说谎 |
[21:02] | – No. – No, you are. You’re lying, yeah. | -没有 -没错 你在说谎 |
[21:14] | I never touched her, all right? | 我没碰过她 行了吧 |
[21:16] | Now, that’s the truth. | 嗯 这是实话 |
[21:19] | I don’t think you’re even attracted to her, are you? | 我觉得她对你来说没什么兴趣 对吧 |
[21:21] | But you have seen her. Right? | 但是你看到她了 对不对 |
[21:25] | If I say I saw her, they’ll say that I hurt her. | 如果我说我看见过她 他们就会觉得 |
[21:31] | Even you think I hurt her. | 是我伤害了她 |
[21:33] | No, that’s not true. | 甚至你也会这么觉得 |
[21:34] | I don’t think you hurt her. | 不 不会 我觉得你没有伤害她 |
[21:36] | I don’T. | 我觉得没有 |
[21:39] | Now, you’re sweating. | 你在出汗 |
[21:43] | And you’re frail. | 很虚弱 |
[21:46] | Desperately trying to control yourself. | 绝望地想要控制住自己 |
[21:50] | What are you on? | 你嗑什么药了 |
[21:53] | I take medco progesterone. | 我服用孕酮素 |
[21:55] | That’s for chemical castration, right? | 那是去雄性激素的化学药物 对吧 |
[21:58] | You’re doing that to yourself? | 你为什么这么做 |
[21:59] | I don’t want to hurt any more kids. | 我不想再伤害那些孩子了 |
[22:01] | Good for you. That’s nice. | 你真善良 这样很好 |
[22:06] | So, where did you see her, then? | 你在哪儿见到她的 |
[22:13] | At the clinic. She has a full thickness burn. | 在诊所 她被大面积烧伤 |
[22:16] | And she comes in every other wednesday so I can treat it. | 她每隔一个礼拜的 周三会来让我治疗 |
[22:20] | Keep taking the pills, kevin. | 记得吃药 凯文 |
[22:27] | I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[22:29] | Dinner was wonderful–thank you. | 晚餐很不错 谢谢你 |
[22:31] | Well, if you think dinner was good, | 如果你觉得晚餐不错 |
[22:32] | wait for the tour. | 回家之旅会更棒 |
[22:33] | What are these pictures? | 这些图片是什么 |
[22:35] | Well, uh, the faces are speaking. | 会说话的表情 |
[22:39] | What are they saying? | 他们在说什么呢 |
[22:40] | They’re telling the truth about what each person is feeling. | 他们在说各自 真实的感受 |
[22:44] | That’s what we do here. | 这是我们这儿的主要工作 |
[22:45] | We… we read faces and | 我们…我们鉴别表情 |
[22:47] | body language,and we try to spot lies. | 还有肢体语言 我们识破谎言 |
[22:51] | Look. Agony. | 看 痛苦 |
[22:54] | Contempt. Disgust. | 轻蔑 厌恶 |
[22:57] | They look the same on everybody? | 每个人都是一样的吗 |
[22:59] | Yeah, they’re universal. | 不错 这些表情是世界统一的 |
[23:01] | I don’t believe it. | 我不相信 |
[23:03] | Well, I peed sitting down till I was ten. | 我到了十岁还是坐着小便 |
[23:06] | See? Your eyes widened: Surprise. | 看见没 你的眼睛张大 是惊讶的表现 |
[23:10] | An american politician, a french president | 无论是美国政客 法国总统 |
[23:14] | and you. | 还是你 |
[23:16] | It’s the same expression using the same muscles. | 相同的肌肉产生同样的表情 |
[23:19] | That’s remarkable. | 非同寻常 |
[23:25] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:27] | I was… | 我只是… |
[23:29] | just imagining a thousand things I want to do with you. | 想象我和你一起体验做不完的事情 |
[23:35] | Let’s go for a ride. | 我们去兜风吧 |
[23:49] | Not her. | 不是她 |
[23:51] | It’s been two hours. | 过了2小时了 |
[23:53] | You think we cantrust that pervert? | 那个性变态信得过吗 |
[23:55] | Yeah, in my experience, | 经验告诉我可以 |
[23:56] | self-castrating pedophiles generally tell the truth. | 自宫的恋童癖者一般不说谎 |
[24:01] | – Got another one. – That’s her. | -又来一个 -是她 |
[24:05] | – You sure? – Yeah. Yeah, | 是她 -你确定 -没错 |
[24:06] | look at her eyes. | 看她的眼睛 |
[24:08] | Samantha burch? | 萨曼莎・布奇吗 |
[24:09] | I’m a police officer. I’m here to help you. | 我是警察 我是来帮你的 |
[24:11] | She’s going to run. She’s going to run. | 她准备跑了 肯定 |
[24:14] | There she goes. | 果然 |
[24:19] | No!No, let me go, let me go! | 不要 让我走 |
[24:20] | We’re not going to hurt you. It’s okay. | 我们不会伤害你 没事的 |
[24:23] | Where is she? She’s in with child protective services. | 她在哪儿 和儿童保护机构的人在一起 |
[24:28] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[24:30] | Oh, my god. She’s here. | 我的上帝啊 她就在这儿 |
[24:33] | Samantha. Let me see her. | 萨曼莎 我要见她 |
[24:41] | oh, my baby. My little girl. | 我的宝贝儿 我的心肝儿 |
[24:45] | It’s really you. It’s really you. | 真的是你 真的是你 |
[24:49] | Oh, samantha, thank god | 萨曼莎 感谢上帝 |
[24:51] | you’re all right–samantha. | 你没事就好 萨曼莎 |
[24:55] | My name is jessica, | 我的名字是杰西卡 |
[24:58] | and I have to get home before my curfew. | 在宵禁前我必须回家去 |
[25:03] | Sammy… sweetheart… | 萨米…小可爱… |
[25:06] | don’t you recognize us? | 你不认识我们了吗 |
[25:09] | My name is jessica, | 我的名字是杰西卡 |
[25:11] | and I have to get home before my curfew. | 在宵禁前我必须回家去 |
[25:23] | Now, samantha swallowed when she saw her parents. | 看 萨曼莎看见她父母时 咽了口水 |
[25:25] | And she swallowed again when she said her name was jessica. | 当说到她叫杰西卡时 她又咽了口水 |
[25:28] | Swallowing is a sign of strong emotion. | 吞咽是强烈情感的表现 |
[25:30] | So, she recognized her parents, | 所以说 她认出了她的父母 |
[25:32] | she lied about her name,and she knew she was lying. | 她谎报了名字 而且清楚自己在撒谎 |
[25:35] | She’s too clean and well fed to be a runaway. | 一个离家出走的女孩不可能这么干净整洁 |
[25:37] | Could she have stockholm syndrome? | 难道她得了斯德哥尔摩综合症 |
[25:38] | It seems more like battered person syndrome. | 感觉更像受虐者综合症 |
[25:41] | No bruises, no cuts. No signs of sexual abuse. | 没有瘀伤和割伤 没有性虐待的迹象 |
[25:44] | Yeah, but with kids, | 没错 但对孩子来说 |
[25:45] | just the threat of abuse is sometimes | 只要是谩骂和威胁 |
[25:46] | enough to control them. | 就足以控制他们了 |
[25:48] | We need her to name her abductor, right? | 我们需要她 说出绑架者的名字 是吧 |
[25:50] | So, we have to break their bond. | 所以我们得帮他们打破僵局 |
[25:53] | You any goodwith kids, detective? | 你和孩子处得好吗 探长 |
[26:00] | Elements of content-based analysis. These are foster’s books. | 基于内容的因素分析 这是福斯特的书 |
[26:05] | Yeah, I borrowed a few. Been doing some research. | 是啊 我借了一些在做一些研究 |
[26:08] | Okay… into what? | 好吧…哪方面的 |
[26:10] | Uh, mugisha. | 有关穆吉沙的 |
[26:12] | ‘ve been trying to figure out | I我想要搞清楚 |
[26:13] | what felt wrong about her. | 她到底有什么不对劲 |
[26:14] | – What do you mean? – Just… listen. | -你什么意思 -那个…听这个 |
[26:19] | The rebels agreed to a cease-fire a week before my birthday. | 我生日前一周反叛军曾答应停火 |
[26:23] | But without the support of the international community, | 但因为没有国际社会的支持 |
[26:26] | talks broke down by christmas. | 圣诞节时 谈判破裂 |
[26:28] | “A week beforemy birthday,” | “我生日前一周” |
[26:29] | “talks broke down by christmas”? | “圣诞节时 谈判破裂” |
[26:31] | Yeah, those detailsare contextual embedding. | 没错 这些细节是嵌入语境的 |
[26:33] | Means she’s telling the truth. | 说明她说了实话 |
[26:35] | Yeah, but later,there’s a change. | 没错 不过之后 有了变化 |
[26:36] | I watched as they murdered | 我眼看着他们的屠杀 |
[26:38] | almost every member of the village. | 几乎将村子里的人赶尽杀绝 |
[26:40] | The rest of us they dragged into the bush, | 我们剩下的人被赶进丛林 |
[26:42] | where I was made a rebel officer’s wife. | 而我成了叛军指挥官的妻子 |
[26:44] | No more contextual embedding. | 这里没有嵌入语境 |
[26:46] | – She’s lying. – The horrors I saw were beyond compare… | -她在撒谎 -我所见到的恐怖场景无可比拟… |
[26:49] | that’s, uh, | 那个… |
[26:50] | not bad for a rookie,but it’s wrong. | 这对一个新手来说 已经不错了 但这不对 |
[26:53] | That’s not a conversation. It’s a speech. | 这不是一个对话 而是一个独白 |
[26:56] | It’s written, it’s memorized. | 这是写下来背出来的 |
[26:58] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你没有意识到自己在说什么 |
[27:00] | All right, maybe you should just read up a little more. | 行了 你或许应该再多读点书 |
[27:03] | She got nervous when you told her | 当你告诉她我们的工作时 |
[27:04] | what we do here–she touched her face. | 她紧张了 她摸了脸 |
[27:06] | – That’s a manipulator. – Oh, now you’re an expert on manipulators… | -那是说谎表情 现在你突然变成专家了 |
[27:08] | because six weeks ago, you didn’t even know what that was. | -几个月前你还 对此一无所知 |
[27:11] | Okay, you just don’t see what’s going on here, | 好吧 你只是不能看清事情的真相 |
[27:13] | because you’ve got a thing for her. | 因为你对她有感觉 |
[27:15] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[27:16] | I saw that she didn’t mention | 我清楚知道她没有提到 |
[27:18] | details about the atrocities. | 任何关于暴行的细节 |
[27:20] | Did you ever stop to think | 难道你就不能想想 |
[27:21] | that maybe she doesn’t want to remember? | 说不定是她不愿去回忆呢 |
[27:24] | I’m bringing this to foster. | 我会把这些交给福斯特 |
[27:26] | You do whatever the hell you want. | 随便你 |
[27:34] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[27:36] | I know that you know your name is samantha. | 我知道你清楚自己真正的名字 |
[27:38] | I know that you’re scared. | 我知道你很害怕 |
[27:42] | What is he saying to her? | 他在和她说什么 |
[27:44] | He’s telling her that you love her, | 他在告诉她 你是爱她的 |
[27:46] | but I really think that she should hear that from you. | 但我当真认为你应该亲口对她说 |
[27:49] | I’ve tried. She doesn’t hear me. | 我试过了 她听不进去 |
[27:51] | I know it seems that way. | 我知道 表面上确实如此 |
[27:53] | You reach out to her, | 你想亲近她 |
[27:55] | and then she rejects you, | 她却拒绝你 |
[27:57] | and you can’t help but recoil. | 于是你不得不退却 |
[27:59] | You don’t know what it’s like. | 你不明白我的感受 |
[28:02] | You’re not a mother. | 你不生为人母 |
[28:07] | No, but I was. | 没错 但我曾经是 |
[28:14] | My husband and i adopted a baby girl last year. | 去年的事情 我和我丈夫领养了一个女婴 |
[28:17] | We brought her home from delaware, | 我们把她从特拉华州接回家 |
[28:19] | and we bathed her and rocked her to sleep and built a nursery. | 为她洗澡哄她入睡 还造了一间婴儿房 |
[28:24] | In delaware, the birth motherhas 60 days to change her mind. | 特拉华州的生母 有60天时间考虑 |
[28:30] | We made it to day 57. | 到了57天的时候她改变了主意 |
[28:37] | And I didn’t getto keep my baby, but… | 我没能保住我的孩子 但是… |
[28:41] | yours is right there. | 你的孩子就在你身边 |
[28:43] | You know, you need to talk to her. | 知道吗 你必须和她谈谈 |
[28:49] | What was your daughter’s name? | 你的女儿叫什么 |
[28:51] | Sophie. | 索非 |
[29:00] | I tried so hard. | 我尽力了 |
[29:03] | Look, samantha needs to know that you love her, | 听着 萨曼莎必须知道 |
[29:06] | no matter what she does. | 不管她做了什么 你都是爱她的 |
[29:08] | I think you should tell her. | 我觉得你应该告诉她 |
[29:15] | Then maybe she’ll tell us who took her. | 她才可能会告诉我们带走她的人 |
[29:18] | It’s the onlyway she’ll start seeing you as her mother. | 要她把你视作母亲这是唯一的办法 |
[29:43] | hey, samantha. | 嗨 萨曼莎 |
[29:50] | I’m here. | 我在这儿 |
[30:01] | I’m right here. | 在你身边 |
[30:04] | You can say you’re not my daughter. | 你可以不承认你是我女儿 |
[30:06] | You can say you’re not my sammy. | 也可以不承认你是我的萨米 |
[30:10] | You can try to push me away, | 你可以试图拒我于千里之外 |
[30:14] | but I’m you’re mother,and I’ll always find you. | 但我一日为母 就总会找到你 |
[30:17] | I’m your mother. | 我是你的妈妈 |
[30:18] | I love you,and I’m not going anywhere. | 我爱你 而我永远在你身边 |
[30:27] | Mom. | 妈 |
[30:32] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真的很对不起 |
[30:38] | it’s okay. | 没事了 |
[30:41] | I was worried about heather. | 我担心海瑟 |
[30:46] | Who’s heather? | 海瑟是谁 |
[30:51] | She’s the other girl. | 她是另一个女孩儿 |
[30:54] | What other girl? | 什么女儿 |
[30:57] | The other girl who was taken. | 另一个被带走的女孩儿 |
[31:11] | Who’s heather? Do you know her last name? | 海瑟是谁 你知道她姓什么吗 |
[31:15] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[31:19] | You afraid? What are you afraid of? | 你在害怕 你在怕谁 |
[31:24] | Samantha… | 萨曼莎… |
[31:27] | no one is going to take you again. | 不会再有人伤害你了 |
[31:28] | We got you now, darling. | 你身边有我们 亲爱的 |
[31:32] | I could go outside… Or heather could. | 我可以出门 海瑟也可以 |
[31:37] | But never at the same time. | 但我们不能同时出去 |
[31:39] | Go out where? | 到哪儿去 |
[31:40] | We always had to be back by noon. | 我们必须在中午回来 |
[31:43] | Where? Back where? | 哪里 回哪 |
[31:48] | She’s still there. | 她还在那 |
[31:52] | We’ll get her outof there safe, honey. | 我们已经赶走她 宝贝 这里很安全 |
[31:54] | Just tell us where she is. | 告诉我们她是谁吧 |
[31:57] | I can’t tell you. I can’t tell you. | 我不能说 我不能告诉你们 |
[32:07] | You bring all your dates here? | 你所有女朋友你都带到这来吗 |
[32:09] | Just the ugandan peace activists. | 只有那个乌干达和平活动分子 |
[32:15] | Actually, I don’T… | 实际上 我没 |
[32:16] | I don’t go out on many dates. | 我没有很多女朋友 |
[32:18] | Why not? | 为什么没呢 |
[32:20] | People lie to you with polite conversation. | 人们用礼貌的话语欺骗你 |
[32:23] | Then, when they finally show themselves to you, | 然后当她们暴露了真面目 |
[32:25] | you realize you’ve spent all that time with a stranger. | 你才意识到 原来她很陌生 |
[32:28] | I promise not to make any polite conversation. | 我保证不说任何礼貌的话语 |
[32:35] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[32:39] | Uh, torres, | 托勒斯 |
[32:40] | the woman I was withat your speech… | 那个在你演讲上和我一起的女人 |
[32:43] | she thinks you’re lying about… | 她认为你在撒谎 |
[32:47] | well, it’s hard to exp… | 关于…也很难去解释 |
[32:51] | you touched your ear. | 你摸了你的耳朵 |
[32:54] | Does that mean I’m lying? | 就意味着我在撒谎吗 |
[32:56] | Are you? | 你觉得呢 |
[32:59] | What part of your story isn’t true? | 你的故事里 哪儿是假的 |
[33:04] | Is any of it true? | 有真的吗 |
[33:06] | Who would make up such a terrible story? | 谁会编一个如此可怕的故事 |
[33:16] | Do you know how many people are taken in my country? | 你知道我们国家有多少人被劫持吗 |
[33:20] | Do you have any idea what that does to a person? | 你知道这对一个人的伤害有多大吗 |
[33:22] | You were never taken, were you? | 你并没有被劫持过 对吗 |
[33:24] | They’re children. | 他们都是孩子 |
[33:25] | Children who have seen unspeakable things. | 孩子们看到了这些不可告人的东西 |
[33:28] | Made to dounspeakable things. | 用来做不可告人之事 |
[33:30] | But it’s a lie. It never happened to you. | 但你在说谎 那没有在你身上发生过 |
[33:31] | It happened. It’s happening. | 以前如此 现在也没变 |
[33:35] | But nobody listened until there was a face. | 但没有人会注意 直到某人出现 |
[33:38] | My face. My story. | 这就是我 我的故事 |
[33:39] | Every lie has consequence sthat you can’t see coming. | 谎言的后果是你无法预见的 |
[33:42] | Someone needed to speak. | 有人需要站出来说 |
[33:45] | I was educatedin the west. | 我受的是西方教育 |
[33:47] | When I talk, people like you hear me. | 当我说话时 你们才会听 |
[33:50] | My country is being torn apart by violence and shame | 我的国家已经被暴力和耻辱弄得四分五裂了 |
[33:55] | and I would do anything to stop the killing. | 我要尽一切努力去停止杀戮 |
[34:05] | What are you going to do, eli? | 你准备怎么做 伊莱 |
[34:11] | This other girl | 这是另外一个姑娘 |
[34:12] | heather | 海瑟 |
[34:13] | might be heather mahome. | 可能是海瑟・马罕默 |
[34:15] | Disappeared about three months ago. | 三个月前消失了 |
[34:18] | Foster kid, recently placed. | 是个收养的孩子 最近接到的举报 |
[34:20] | There were some similarities in their cases, | 他们的案子里 有一些相似的地方 |
[34:22] | but when samantha disappeared… | 不过在萨曼莎消失后 |
[34:25] | the press jumped in, and nobody was interested in heather. | 新闻界介入 没有人对海瑟感兴趣 |
[34:28] | Happens every day. | 每天发生 |
[34:29] | All right, it’s past noon. | 没错 已过正午 |
[34:30] | We have to find heather now. | 现在我们必须找到海瑟 |
[34:32] | I need to talk to samantha again. | 我要再和萨曼莎谈谈 |
[34:36] | Samantha… | 萨曼莎 |
[34:38] | I’m going to play 20questions, all right? | 玩一个20个问题的游戏 好吗 |
[34:40] | I can’t sayanything. | 我什么也不会说的 |
[34:42] | That’s all right, | 没关系 我来说 |
[34:43] | I’m going to do the talking. | 我们知道带你走的那个人 |
[34:44] | All right, we know the person who took you uh, is an animal, | 是个禽兽 这就当第一个问题吧 |
[34:47] | so we’ll count that as question one. | 第二个 |
[34:49] | Two. Is it someone you know? | 是你认识的人吗 |
[34:54] | Someone you know. Three. Is it a teacher? | 认识的 第三个 是个老师吗 |
[34:59] | Not a teacher. Four. | 不是老师 第四个 |
[35:03] | Is it someone connected to your family? | 和你家有联系吗 |
[35:07] | Someone who works for your family? | 和你家有工作关系的吗 |
[35:13] | Six. | 第六个 |
[35:17] | Is she your psychiatrist? | 她是你的心理医生吗 |
[35:50] | dr. Knowlton? | 诺尔顿医生在吗 |
[35:51] | Police. Open the door. | 是警察 开门吧 |
[36:06] | They’re gone. | 她们离开了 |
[36:17] | still searching the house. Found samantha’s sweater. | 还在搜这栋房子 发现了萨曼莎的毛衣 |
[36:20] | Also a bunch of pictures of this girl. | 还有很多一个女孩的照片 |
[36:22] | – What, another girl she took? – Nope. | -什么 她还带了别的女孩 -不 |
[36:24] | – That’s dr. Knowlton’s daughter. – What? | -那是诺尔顿医生的女儿 -什么 |
[36:28] | Jessica. August 2006. | 杰西卡 2006年8月 |
[36:30] | Apparently, she died two yearsago– some kind of accident. | 很明显她两年前就死了 意外死亡吧 |
[36:33] | – They’re replacements. – What do you mean? | -她们都是代替品 -你说什么 |
[36:36] | Samantha and heather are stand-ins | 还有海瑟 代表诺尔顿失去的 |
[36:39] | for the daughter that knowlton lost. | 那个女儿 |
[36:40] | They don’t look anything alike. | 她们没什么相似的 |
[36:41] | It doesn’t matter. It’s about heremotional connection to the girls. | 这无所谓 她把这两个女孩当作精神支持 |
[36:43] | Knowlton’s using them to relive the life she had with her daughter. | 诺尔顿用她们 去重温和她女儿的生活 |
[36:46] | You think she took heather | 你觉得她会把希瑟 |
[36:47] | somewhere she used to go with jessica? | 带到她曾和杰西卡呆过的地方吗 |
[36:49] | It could be more specificthan that. | 恐怕不只这么简单 |
[36:51] | Think you can find out where jessica died? | 你能找到杰西卡出事的地方吗 谢了 |
[37:12] | everybody hold. | 全体待命 |
[37:16] | – Is she okay? – I can’t tell. | -她还好吗 -说不好 |
[37:19] | I’m not taking any chances. | 我不会冒任何险 |
[37:19] | I’ll get a negotiator out here. | 我要找个谈判专家过来 |
[37:20] | No, let us talk to her. | 不 让我们和她谈 |
[37:23] | She’s got a gun. | 她有枪 |
[37:25] | You looking to get shot? | 你想挨枪子吗 |
[37:26] | Well, how long isit going to take to get a negotiator out here? | 去找谈判专家 到这儿来需要很久吧 |
[37:47] | She’s sleeping. | 她在睡觉 |
[37:51] | Did you drug her? | 你给她吃了药吗 |
[37:52] | This is one of our favorite spots. | 这是我们最爱的运动之一 |
[37:55] | Jessica loves to swim. | 杰西卡喜欢游泳 |
[37:57] | Jessica’s dead, dr. Knowlton. | 杰西卡死了 诺尔顿医生 |
[38:03] | I told her not to dive here. | 我告诉过她别到这儿来游泳 |
[38:07] | But she wouldn’t listen. | 但她不听 |
[38:09] | I know you don’t want to hurt her. | 我知道你不想伤害她 |
[38:11] | For years I’ve been dealing with troubled kids. | 这些年我和这些问题儿童打交道 |
[38:15] | Every day I see the parents screwing them up. | 每天看着他们的父母毁掉他们 |
[38:20] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[38:24] | No, you… you took them for their own good. | 不 你是为他们好 |
[38:28] | No, you could do a better job raising them. | 才带走他们 你能把他们教育的更好 |
[38:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[38:39] | I’m a good mother. | 我是个好妈妈 |
[38:40] | They loved living with me– | 她们喜欢和我住在一起 |
[38:42] | they would come back every time I let them out. | 每次我放她们出去玩 她们都会回来的 |
[38:44] | I’m a good mother! | 我是个好妈妈 |
[40:10] | I haven’t talked to foster yet. | 我还没和福斯特说 |
[40:13] | Well, I did. | 很好 我说了 |
[40:17] | She called the publisher. | 她给出版商打了电话 |
[40:18] | They’re probably pulling farida’s | 他们可能会将法里达的书 |
[40:21] | book off the shelf right now. | 立即下架 |
[40:25] | I’sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:27] | She could’ve written a different book. | 她可以写本不同的书 |
[40:29] | She didn’t have to say those things happened to her. | 她没有必要说 那些事都发生在她身上 |
[40:31] | No, she’s right. | 不 她说的没错 |
[40:32] | Nobody would have paid attention. | 不是这样的话 没有人会注意 |
[40:36] | And the funny thing is she went out with me | 有趣的是 即使她知道我的职业 |
[40:40] | even after she found outwhat I do for a living. | 她依然和我出去约会 |
[40:46] | I think on some levelshe wanted to get caught. | 某种程度上我认为她想要被揭发 |
[40:49] | Or maybe she just liked you. | 或者她只是喜欢你 |
[40:52] | Well, I don’t really care. | 也许吧 我也不在乎 |
[41:01] | Hey, loker. | 洛克尔 |
[41:04] | You just lied. | 你刚撒谎了 |
[41:30] | I just needed a minute before I went home. | 在回家前我需要休息一下 |
[41:32] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:36] | Sophie’s 13 months. | 索菲13个月了 |
[41:40] | You know, she’s probably walking now. | 你知道 她可能正在学走路 |
[41:43] | Yeah, emily startedaround that age, I think. | 是吧 艾米利就是这个年纪学的 我猜 |
[41:47] | She’s probably changing so fast. | 她可能会变化很快 |
[41:51] | Every now and then I see a little girl on the street, | 我偶尔会在街上看见一个小姑娘 |
[41:55] | and I, uh, I think it’s her. | 我想那就是她 |
[42:01] | And I have to… | 我必须 |
[42:04] | fight so hard not to run up and hug some, | 我尽力控制自己 不要跑过去 |
[42:08] | you know,stranger’s little girl. | 拥抱陌生人家的小姑娘 |
[42:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:14] | Don’t be. | 不需要 |
[42:17] | It’s just, uh, alec doesn’t want to talk about it. | 我只是 阿莱克不想提起这事 |
[42:20] | Um, he says he can’t, you know. | 我只是 阿莱克不想提起这事 |
[42:26] | So we don’T. | 所以我们不提 |
[42:36] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[42:42] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[42:48] | No, I’m all right. | 不 我陪你一下 |