英文名称:Vice
年代:2018
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | [Internet Enthusiasts] | 网络爱好者翻译 |
[01:27] | ♪ Don’t you know | 你可知道 |
[01:29] | ♪ That I still care for you? | 我依然为你心动 |
[01:35] | ♪ Send me… | 把你… |
[01:37] | How you doin’ tonight, officer? | 晚上好 警官 |
[01:38] | I’m gonna need you to get outta the car. | 请你下车 |
[01:42] | ♪ So darling… | ♪ 所以亲爱的 |
[01:44] | Come on. Let’s get out. | 行了 出来吧 |
[01:45] | ♪ I can dream upon it too | ♪ 我也能做个好梦 |
[02:07] | Move! -agent 2: go! Go! | – 让开 – 冲 快冲 |
[02:10] | Move! It’s clear. | 让开 安全 |
[02:13] | -Move, move, move. -Clear! | -让开 – 安全 |
[02:16] | -Let’s go, let’s go! -Move! Move! Move! Move! | – 动作都快点 – 所有人让开 |
[02:23] | A plane just struck the Pentagon. | 一架飞机刚刚撞上国防部大楼 |
[02:31] | Let’s make sure those phone lines are working. | 一定要确保电话能打通 |
[02:33] | Phones are go, sir. | 电话正常 长官 |
[02:35] | The SVTC. Let’s contact the FAA, | SVTC 先联系FAA |
[02:36] | find out how many planes are in the air. | 查清楚还有多少飞机正在飞行 |
[02:37] | Yes, sir. | 好的 长官 |
[02:39] | Let’s get these televisions working. | 让这些电视工作起来 |
[02:42] | May I get the president on the line, please? | 请帮我转到总统 |
[02:42] | We got planes in the air and nowhere for them to land. | 我们的飞机正在 飞行 但没有地方降落 |
[02:44] | I still have one plane unaccounted for | 还有一架飞往宾夕法尼亚州的飞机 |
[02:46] | flying over Pennsylvania. | 依然下落不明 |
[02:47] | I need permission for them to land | 我需要许可让他们在 |
[02:48] | at a Canadian airport. | 一个加拿大机场降落 |
[02:50] | …very large plane. It was going fast. | …巨大的飞机 非常快 |
[02:52] | Flying over Pennsylvania on course. | 按计划飞往宾夕法尼亚州 |
[02:54] | And three other planes are unaccounted for. | 还有三架飞机下落不明 |
[02:56] | I’m seeing five planes unaccounted for. | 五架飞机下落不明 |
[02:58] | No! Scratch that. I’m seeing four! | 不 不对 四架 |
[03:02] | I have NORAD on the line. | 北美防空联合司令部的电话 |
[03:03] | That is correct. He is. That is correct. | 没错 他是 没错 |
[03:06] | Mr. Vice President, POTUS on line one, sir. | 副总统先生 总统在一号线 |
[03:13] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[03:17] | The situation is, uh, extremely fluid. | 情况非常不稳定 |
[03:21] | I strongly recommend you stay in the air. | 我强烈建议你不要降落 |
[03:24] | I have, uh, sequestered congressional leadership. | 我把 呃 国会领导层隔离了 |
[03:27] | Okay, then. | 好的 |
[03:29] | Sir, Donald Rumsfeld is | 长官 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[03:31] | at the Pentagon on line three. | 在国防部的三号线 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:2254个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:445个,六级词汇:227个,GRE词汇:247个,托福词汇:328个,考研词汇:483个,专四词汇:402个,专八词汇:81个, 所有生词标注共:891个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:32] | -That? -Mm-hmm. Yes, sir. | – 这个吗 – 没错 长官 |
[03:35] | Dick, are there still passenger planes in the air? | 迪克 还有客机在飞行吗 |
[03:37] | I need rules of engagement. | 我需要规则 |
[03:39] | Let’s get the President back on line, sir. | 我们再打给总统吧 长官 |
[03:42] | You have authorization to shoot down | 你有权利击落任何一架 |
[03:45] | any aircraft deemed a threat. | 被视为威胁的飞机 |
[03:48] | Presidential authority? | 总统授权吗 |
[03:50] | That is correct. All orders are UNODIR. | 没错 所有指令均为UNODIR |
[03:52] | “Unodir,” sir? | 什么是UNODIR 长官 |
[03:54] | Unless otherwise directed. | 除非另作指示 |
[04:00] | By all accounts of what people saw | 在这恐怖的一天里 |
[04:02] | in that room on that terrible day, | 人们在这个房间里 |
[04:06] | there was confusion… | 看到了迷惑… |
[04:09] | fear… | 恐惧… |
[04:11] | uncertainty. | 不确定性 |
[04:15] | But Dick Cheney saw something else | 但是迪克 切尼看到了 |
[04:17] | that no one else did. | 其他人看不到的东西 |
[04:21] | He saw an opportunity. | 他看到了机遇 |
[04:27] | As the world becomes more and more confusing, | 随着世界变得越来越混乱 |
[04:32] | we tend to focus on the things | 我们倾向于关注 |
[04:34] | that are right there in front of us… | 眼前的事物… |
[04:38] | while ignoring the massive forces | 而忽视了能真正改变人们生活的 |
[04:41] | that actually change and shape our lives. | 巨大力量 |
[04:46] | And with people working longer and longer hours, | 随着人们工作时间越来越长 |
[04:49] | for less and less, | 薪水缺越来越少 |
[04:52] | when we do have free time, | 当我们有空的时候 |
[04:53] | the last thing we want is | 我们最不想要的就是 |
[04:55] | complicated analysis of our government, | 对政府的复杂分析 |
[04:58] | lobbying, | 游说 |
[04:59] | international trade agreements, | 国际交易条约 |
[05:02] | and tax bills. | 和税收法案 |
[05:08] | So it’s no surprise | 所以当一个单调的 |
[05:09] | that when a monotone, | 官僚主义副总统真正掌权时 |
[05:12] | bureaucratic vice president came to power, | 我们什么都没发现 |
[05:16] | we hardly noticed– | 不用惊喜– |
[05:20] | … as he achieved a position of authority | …当他达到了 |
[05:22] | that very few leaders | 美国史上只有极少数人实现过的 |
[05:23] | in the history of America ever have– | 权威地位 |
[05:29] | These tax cuts are– | 这些减税措施– |
[05:31] | …get this started? -That’s for your fucking– | …开始吧 -那是你他妈的– |
[05:32] | I’m fucking dying! | 我快他妈死了 |
[05:35] | Forever changing the course of history | 他在神不知鬼不觉中 |
[05:38] | for millions and millions of lives. | 永久地改变了 |
[05:43] | And he did it like a ghost, | 数百万人的历史进程 |
[05:46] | with most people having no idea who he is | 大多数人都不知道他是谁 |
[05:50] | or where he came from. | 或者他是从哪来的 |
[06:11] | How does a man go on to become who he is? | 他是如何变成今天这样的呢 |
[06:17] | Well, it starts in 1963… | 一切都始于1963… |
[06:22] | when Dick’s best girl, Lynne, | 迪克最爱的女孩 琳恩 |
[06:24] | was getting straight A’s at Colorado College. | 在科罗拉多大学得了A |
[06:32] | Lynne had helped Dick get a scholarship at Yale… | 琳恩帮助迪克在耶鲁大学获得了奖学金… |
[06:38] | where he did way more drinking than class attending. | 在那里 他喝酒比上课还多 |
[06:44] | Pretty soon, Dick got the boot. | 很快 他就被开除了 |
[06:58] | Back then, they would’ve called | 当时 人们会把他这样的人 |
[07:00] | a guy like him a ne’er-do-well. | 叫做废物 |
[07:04] | In today’s parlance, | 用今天的说法 |
[07:06] | they would just call him a dirtbag. | 人们会叫他人渣 |
[07:12] | Man down! | 有人受伤了 |
[07:24] | His leg looks like an Elvis dance move. | 他的腿看起来像猫王在跳舞 |
[07:28] | Somebody give that poor son of a bitch a shot of whiskey. | 谁来给这个可怜的混蛋一点酒喝 |
[07:30] | All right, back to work. | 行了 回去干活吧 |
[07:33] | I said, back to work. | 我说了 回去干活 |
[07:38] | Take him into town, put five dollars in his pocket. | 把他带回镇里 给他塞五块钱 |
[07:41] | Find another man for tomorrow. | 然后找个人明天来顶他 |
[07:43] | Somebody help. | 救命 |
[07:45] | You got a problem, Cheney? | 你有什么问题吗 切尼 |
[07:47] | No, sir. | 没有 老大 |
[08:03] | Are we becoming friends? | 我们现在是朋友了吗 |
[08:06] | Will you stop touching me? | 你能别碰我了吗 |
[08:08] | What? | 啥 |
[08:09] | What are you gonna do about it, Mr. Yale? | 你能拿我怎么办呢 耶鲁先生 |
[08:15] | The fuck you gonna do about it, Mr. Yale? Come on! | 你他妈能拿我怎么办 耶鲁先生 来啊 |
[08:18] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[08:25] | ♪ Send me the pillow | 把你的枕头 |
[08:28] | ♪ That you dream on | 送给我 |
[08:33] | ♪ Don’t you know I still care for you? ♪ | 你可知道我依然为你心动 |
[08:41] | ♪ Sen… | 把… |
[08:51] | Two times. | 两次了 |
[08:54] | Two times! | 两次了 |
[08:55] | I have to drag you out of that jail | 我还得把你从监狱里拖出来 |
[08:57] | like a filthy hobo. | 像个肮脏的流浪汉 |
[09:01] | I’m sorry, Lynne. | 对不起 琳恩 |
[09:02] | What? | 什么 |
[09:05] | -What did you just say? -I’m sorry, Lynnie. | -你刚才说什么 -对不起 琳尼 |
[09:07] | You’re sorry? Don’t call me “Lynnie.” | 你现在知道对不起了 别叫我“琳妮” |
[09:12] | You’re sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:16] | One time is “I’m sorry.” | 一次 你还能说“对不起” |
[09:19] | Two times makes me think that I’ve picked the wrong man. | 两次我就觉得我当初是不是选错了人 |
[09:23] | You already got your ass thrown out of Yale | 你已经因为喝酒和打架 |
[09:25] | for drinking and fighting. | 被耶鲁开除了 |
[09:28] | And now you’re just going to be a lush | 你现在就准备当个 |
[09:30] | that hangs power lines for the state? | 给州里挂电线的醉汉吗 |
[09:31] | Are you gonna live in a trailer? | 你准备一辈子住在一辆拖车里吗 |
[09:33] | We’re gonna have ten kids? Is that the plan? | 我们是不是要生十个孩子 这就是你的计划吗 |
[09:34] | Can we discuss this later, please? | 我们能晚点再说吗 求你了 |
[09:35] | No, we’re gonna discuss this right now | 不行 我们就得现在说清楚了 |
[09:36] | while you smell like vomit | 就算你现在闻着像呕吐物 |
[09:38] | and cheap booze. | 和廉价酒 |
[09:41] | -Does Dick want some coffee? -What? | – 迪克要喝点咖啡吗 – 什么东西 |
[09:43] | Mom, get out! | 妈 出去 |
[09:44] | Get out. “Does Dick want some coffee?” | 出去啊 “迪克要喝点咖啡吗” |
[09:46] | Jesus Christ! | 我真的服了 |
[09:49] | Okay. Here’s my plan. | 行吧 我是这么打算的 |
[09:53] | All right? | 你在听吗 |
[09:55] | Either you stand up straight… | 要么你挺起腰板… |
[09:59] | and you get your back straight… | 好好做人… |
[10:02] | and you have the courage to become someone, | 拿出勇气来变得更好 |
[10:05] | or I’m gone. | 要么我走 |
[10:07] | I know a dozen guys | 我知道十几个人 |
[10:08] | and a few professors at school who would date me. | 还有几个学校的教授都想追我 |
[10:11] | I love you, Lynne. | 我爱你 琳恩 |
[10:12] | Then prove it! | 那就证明给我看 |
[10:15] | Prove it! | 证明给我看 |
[10:19] | I can’t… | 我不能… |
[10:22] | go to a big Ivy League school, | 去读藤校 |
[10:24] | and I can’t run a company or be mayor. | 我也不能开一家公司或者当市长 |
[10:27] | That’s just the way the world is for a girl. | 这个世界上女人就是这样 |
[10:29] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[10:31] | And right now you are a big, fat, piss-soaked zero. | 但你现在就是个尿骚味的大胖子 |
[10:42] | I’ve, I’ve seen my mom waitin’ up all night | 我 我见过我妈以前整晚不睡 |
[10:45] | for my father to get home. | 就为了等我爸回家 |
[10:46] | And I’ve seen my father drunk in this house | 我也见过我爸在家里喝酒 |
[10:49] | and raising his voice and way worse, | 骂人 甚至还打人 |
[10:51] | and I am not dancing that dance anymore. I’m not. | 我是绝对不会走我妈的老路的 绝对不会 |
[10:54] | You know why I fuck her? | 你知道为什么我上了她吗 |
[11:03] | I’m not. | 绝对不会 |
[11:05] | So can you change? | 所以你能改变吗 |
[11:07] | Can you change, or am I wasting my goddamn time? | 我是在等你改变 还是在他妈的浪费时间 |
[11:18] | I won’t ever disappoint you again, Lynne. | 我不会再让你失望了 琳恩 |
[12:51] | You were chosen because of your hard work, | 你因努力工作 勤劳奉献 |
[12:54] | your diligence, and dedication. | 而被选中 |
[12:57] | Stated simply, you are America’s best and brightest. | 简单点说 你们就是美国最好最聪明的 |
[13:06] | So let’s go forward and learn and be of service. | 让我们一起前进 共同学习 为国奉献 |
[13:11] | God bless you all | 上帝保佑你们 |
[13:13] | and God bless this great nation. | 也保佑这个伟大的 呃 国家 |
[13:17] | And now, I’d like to introduce some– a young man from Illinois | 现在 我想给大家介绍几个– |
[13:22] | who has done quite well for himself | 一个来自伊利诺斯州的小伙 |
[13:23] | here in the Capitol. | 他在首都混的挺好 |
[13:25] | Representative Donald Rumsfeld. | 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德代表 |
[13:36] | Did Bob tell you that this internship is a great honor? | 鲍勃有没有跟你们说过这份实习工作 |
[13:45] | Did he? | 他说过吗 |
[13:46] | Huh? Yeah? | 说过是吗 |
[13:48] | Well, it’s not. | 其实 不是的 |
[13:52] | It’s what we called in the Navy a “shit detail.” | 这种工作我们在海军的时候都叫狗屎 |
[13:56] | Donald Rumsfeld, | 唐纳德 拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[13:58] | or “Rummy,” as they called him, | 人们也叫他“拉米” |
[14:01] | was the former captain of the Princeton wrestling team | 层是普林斯顿大学摔跤队队长 |
[14:04] | and an elite navy jet pilot. | 以及一名优秀的海军喷气式飞机驾驶员 |
[14:08] | Most congressmen use their power like an axe. | 大多数国会议员像斧头一样使用他们的权力 |
[14:11] | Best and brightest. | 最好最聪明 |
[14:12] | Rumsfeld, on the other hand, used his– | 拉姆斯菲尔德就不一样 |
[14:15] | Where? | 在哪呢 |
[14:17] | …like a master of the butterfly knife. | …他就像蝴蝶刀大师 |
[14:20] | And, like any master, if you got in his way, | 所以 就像任何大师 当你挡着他的路了 |
[14:23] | he would cut you. | 他就会杀了你 |
[14:26] | This can be a great opportunity. | 这可以是一个巨大的机会 |
[14:28] | An opportunity to work | 一个机会去 |
[14:31] | in the hallways of decision-making | 在世界上最他妈伟大的国家的 |
[14:34] | in the most powerful country in the goddamn world. | 决策走廊里工作 |
[14:38] | And if that doesn’t give you a hard-on, | 如果这也不能让你渴望 |
[14:39] | I don’t know what will. | 我也不知道你想要什么了 |
[14:41] | Sorry to the few ladies in the room. | 这还有几位女士在 抱歉 |
[14:45] | This program didn’t used to have girls, and now it does. | 这个项目以前没有女性 现在有了 |
[14:48] | Anyway, I’m Don. | 行吧 我是唐 |
[14:50] | Whatever you do… | 不管你们干什么… |
[14:52] | don’t work for Bob over here. | 别给那边的鲍勃干活 |
[14:55] | He is the most boring son of a bitch in D.C. | 他得是华盛顿最无聊的人了 |
[14:58] | Isn’t that right, Bob? | 你说对吗 鲍勃 |
[15:00] | All right, that’s it. | 行吧 我讲完了 |
[15:02] | Go get a congressman a cup of coffee. | 去找个国会议员给他倒杯咖啡吧 |
[15:04] | And if his wife calls, he’s always in a meeting. | 如果他老婆来电话了 永远说他在开会 |
[15:07] | All right, that’s it. Scat. | 好了 就这样 解散 |
[15:13] | Hey, I’m Alan. | 嘿 我叫艾伦 |
[15:15] | You’re the other guy from the University | 你就是那个威斯康星大学来的 |
[15:16] | -of Wisconsin, right? -Right. | 没错吧 – 没错 |
[15:18] | Uh, so one of us is supposed to start | 所以我们两个人有一个 |
[15:20] | with a Democrat and the other a Republican. | 要跟民主党 另一个跟共和党 |
[15:22] | Do you care if I go with the Dem? | 你介意让我去跟民主党吗 |
[15:24] | ‘Cause I did a lot of work with the DNC on campus, so… | 因为我在大学的时候跟DNC一起干了挺久的 |
[15:28] | Um, what party is, uh, the guy we just heard? | 呃 刚刚讲话那个人 他是哪个党的 |
[15:32] | Well, there are three penises walking down the street. | 街上有三只阴茎在走 |
[15:34] | Yeah, you, and who are the other two? | 嗯 你和另外两只吗 |
[15:36] | Rumsfeld is a Republican. | 拉姆斯菲尔德是共和党 |
[15:41] | Perfect. ‘Cause, uh… | 好极了 因为 呃 |
[15:45] | that’s what I am. | 我就是共和党 |
[15:59] | Don’t lurk. Come in, damn it. | 别躲躲藏藏了 他妈的快进来吧 |
[16:03] | Um, Dick Cheney, reporting for work. | 迪克·切尼 来报道了 |
[16:07] | You’re congressional relations | 你是国会议员 |
[16:09] | for my Office of Economic Opportunity, | 社区服务管理局 |
[16:11] | and you will assist me in my job | 而你会作为总统的顾问 |
[16:13] | as counselor to the president. | 帮助我完成我的工作 |
[16:16] | Right. | 好的 |
[16:19] | Jesus Christ, you want me | 我的天哪 你是想让我 |
[16:20] | to pin your mittens to your sleeves | 把你的手套别在袖子上 |
[16:21] | so you don’t fuckin’ lose ’em? | 让你不特么会丢掉他们吗 |
[16:23] | -Go. -Yes, sir. | – 走 – 是的 先生 |
[16:25] | Oh, and Cheney, your two DUIs came up on your transcript. | 对了 切尼 你单子上有两个酒后驾车的记录 |
[16:28] | Don’t worry. I vouched for you. | 别担心 我为你担保 |
[16:29] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[16:31] | No, thanks are when your neighbor Dottie | 不用 你还是谢谢你的邻居多蒂 |
[16:32] | pulls your pud for the first time. | 第一次翻你呕吐物吧 |
[16:36] | You owe me. | 你欠我的 |
[16:37] | -Yes, sir. -Go! | – 是的 先生 – 快走 |
[16:42] | The first thing our department did | 我们部门做的第一件事 |
[16:44] | was to conduct a sweeping audit | 是对全国的人口分布 |
[16:48] | at the population distribution across the nation. | 进行全面的审计 |
[16:52] | You will see that | 你会看到 |
[16:53] | the Office of Economic Opportunity benefits… | 社区服务管理局 |
[16:56] | You’re Rumsfeld’s lackey, right? | 你是拉姆斯菲尔德的走狗 对吧 |
[16:58] | Make sure he sees this. | 一定要让他看到这个 |
[16:59] | We gotta get that on Nixon’s desk, huh? | 我们得把它放在尼克松的桌子上 好吧 |
[17:01] | Roger Ailes, founder of Fox News. | 罗杰·艾尔斯 福克斯新闻的创始人 |
[17:05] | He first pitched the idea as Conservative News | 他为尼克松做媒体顾问时 |
[17:07] | when he worked for Nixon as a media consultant. | 先把这个想法说成是保守的消息 |
[17:10] | Hey, Don. | 嘿 唐 |
[17:12] | Roger wants Nixon to start a Republican news TV network. | 罗杰希望尼克松建一个共和党新闻电视网 |
[17:14] | Forget it. Roger knows TV, but he doesn’t know politics. | 算了吧 罗杰懂电视 但不懂政治 |
[17:18] | So I would do this flaming baton trick | 所以我会做这个燃烧棒的戏法 |
[17:21] | And Dick would wait backstage with a bucket of water. | 而迪克会拿着一桶水在后台等着 |
[17:24] | So I’m at the state finals, | 因此我进了州决赛 |
[17:25] | and I throw up the baton, and… | 而我扔掉了指挥棒 然后… |
[17:27] | it doesn’t come down. | 它没有下来 |
[17:30] | Cheney! Oh. Where did you find her? | 切尼 你在哪里找到她的 |
[17:33] | It is doing nothing but damage | 它只会损害我们的 |
[17:35] | to our private health care institutions. | 私人医疗机构 |
[17:38] | But I still got second place. | 但我还是获得了第二名 |
[17:40] | White families. Males. | 白人家庭 男性 |
[17:42] | Women. Hispanics. Minorities… | 女人 西班牙裔美国人 少数民族 |
[17:44] | You’re quiet. I like that. | 你很安静 我喜欢 |
[17:47] | You don’t go blabbing about what cards you have. | 你不必大张旗鼓地说你有什么 |
[17:50] | I missed my flush draw about a month ago, | 我大概一个月前错过了我的抽奖机会 |
[17:53] | but everybody still seems to think I have pocket kings | 但每个人都认为我有同花顺 |
[17:56] | except maybe fucking Haldeman. | 除了他妈的霍尔德曼 |
[17:57] | Oh, I mostly play Hearts, so I’m not… | 我主要是玩红心大战 所以我不是… |
[18:00] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[18:02] | For a man like Donald Rumsfeld, | 像唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德这样的人 |
[18:04] | he only wanted three things from his lackey. | 他只想从他的走狗那里得到三样东西 |
[18:08] | He had to keep his mouth shut. | 他不得不闭嘴 |
[18:11] | Do what he was told. | 照他说的去做 |
[18:14] | And always, always be loyal. | 还有永远 永远的忠诚 |
[18:18] | What it means is Nixon likes me, | 意思是尼克松喜欢我 |
[18:19] | but his circle hates me. | 但他的圈子排斥我 |
[18:21] | No, I’m sure that’s not true. | 不 我肯定那不是真的 |
[18:22] | So, what’s it gonna be? | 那么 还会是什么 |
[18:23] | Is it a “yes” or a “no”? | 那是 是 还是 否 呢 |
[18:25] | It’s a “yes.” | 是 是的 |
[18:27] | You don’t even know what the question is, do you? | 你甚至不知道问题是什么 是吗 |
[18:29] | -I’m assuming it’s to– -No, no, no. It’s okay. | – 我假设是 – 不 不 不 没关系 |
[18:33] | That’s exactly the kinda “yes” I was looking for. | 这正是我想要的那种 是 |
[18:34] | Cheney had always been a so-so student | 切尼一直是个一般的学生 |
[18:37] | and a mediocre athlete. | 和一个平庸的运动员 |
[18:39] | But now, finally, he had found his life’s calling. | 但现在 他终于找到了命运的归宿 |
[18:44] | He would be a dedicated and humble servant to power. | 他将是一个献身于权力的卑微的仆人 |
[18:49] | Here’s your new office. | 这是你的新办公室 |
[18:51] | No windows, but all you’d see | 没有窗户 但你所会看到的 |
[18:53] | are a bunch of hippies flipping off Nixon. | 一群嬉皮士向尼克松发火 |
[18:56] | All right, then. | 就这样吧 |
[19:02] | Now, at this point, | 现在 这时候 |
[19:04] | you’re probably wondering who exactly I am. | 你可能想知道我到底是谁 |
[19:09] | Well, let me introduce myself. | 好吧 让我自我介绍一下 |
[19:10] | My name is Kurt. | 我叫库尔特 |
[19:12] | My favorite football team is the Steelers, | 我最喜欢的足球队是钢人队 |
[19:15] | and me and my son, we love SpongeBob. | 我和我儿子 我们爱海绵宝宝 |
[19:19] | And if you’re wondering how I know | 如果你想知道我怎么知道 |
[19:20] | so much about Dick Cheney, | 这么多关于迪克·切尼的事情 |
[19:23] | well, let’s just say we’re kind of related. | 好吧 我们是有点关系 |
[19:27] | We’ll get to that later. | 我们稍后再谈 |
[19:32] | The Rifleman! | 步枪兵 |
[19:40] | Lynnie, | 琳妮 |
[19:41] | guess where I’m calling from. | 猜猜我从哪里打来的 |
[19:45] | I am so proud of you right now, Dick Cheney. | 我现在为你感到骄傲 迪克·切尼 |
[19:49] | I knew I picked the right man. I knew it even when I didn’t. | 我知道我选对了人 即使我不知道 我也知道 |
[19:54] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[19:56] | Have you seen Nixon? Hmm? | 你见到尼克松了吗 |
[20:01] | I did. I met him. I shook his hand. | 我做到了 我遇见了他 我和他握了手 |
[20:04] | Oh, my gosh. And he called you | 天哪 而且他打电话给你 |
[20:07] | -He gave me that, uh– -By name, like he actually… | – 他给了我那个 名字 就像他 |
[20:09] | …that impish smile of his. | 他那顽皮的微笑 |
[20:11] | I gotta pinch myself. | 我得掐下自己 |
[20:15] | Pardon my French. | 请原谅我蹩脚的法语 |
[20:17] | It is the best fucking feeling in the world. | 这是世界上最特么好的感觉 |
[20:21] | I can only imagine. I am so proud of you. | 我只能想象 但我为你感到骄傲 |
[20:24] | -I love you. -We are proud of you. | – 我爱你 – 我们为你感到骄傲 |
[20:26] | Your girls are proud of you. Are you proud of your daddy? | 你的姑娘们为你骄傲 你为你爸爸骄傲吗 |
[20:28] | Yes. | 骄傲 |
[20:30] | Can you say you’re proud of your daddy? | 你能说你为你爸爸感到骄傲吗 |
[20:31] | My daddy. | 我的爸爸 |
[20:33] | You’re proud of your daddy. | 你为你爸爸感到骄傲 |
[20:34] | Oh, my goodness. | 我的天 |
[20:54] | Dick Cheney’s office. | 迪克·切尼的办公室 |
[20:56] | So, now that I’m not just flipping cards, | 所以 既然我不只是翻牌 |
[20:59] | I have a few ideas. | 我有一些想法 |
[21:01] | Stop. | 停下来 |
[21:03] | See that door? | 看见那扇门了吗 |
[21:05] | To Kissinger’s office? | 基辛格的办公室吗 |
[21:07] | That’s right. | 这是正确的 |
[21:09] | I happen to know that Nixon is in there right now. | 我碰巧知道尼克松现在在里面 |
[21:11] | Now, why would Nixon | 现在 尼克松为什么 |
[21:12] | not be meeting Kissinger in the Oval Office? | 不是在总统办公室见基辛格 |
[21:14] | He’s having a conversation | 他在谈话 |
[21:16] | he doesn’t want to go on the record? | 他不想记录在案 |
[21:17] | Very good. | 很好 |
[21:19] | What is the conversation? | 谈话内容是什么 |
[21:21] | We’re going to bomb Cambodia. | 我们要轰炸柬埔寨 |
[21:23] | Well, that’s impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[21:24] | That needs approval by Congress. | 这需要国会的批准 |
[21:26] | I’m over there every day. | 我每天都在那里 |
[21:27] | Oh, fuck Congress. Unless you’re in it. | 他妈的国会 除非你在里面 |
[21:29] | Then it’s the greatest deliberative body on earth. | 它是地球上最伟大的审议机构 |
[21:32] | But we’re not, so fuck it. | 但我们不是 去他妈的 |
[21:34] | But didn’t the president campaign on ending the– | 但总统竞选不是为了结束 |
[21:36] | Listen to me, listen to me. | 听我说 听我说 |
[21:39] | Because of the discussion | 因为现在尼克松 |
[21:41] | that Nixon and Kissinger are having right now | 和基辛格在那扇门后面 |
[21:42] | behind that door | 离我们五英尺远 |
[21:44] | five feet away from us, | 的讨论 |
[21:46] | in a couple of days, 10,000 miles away, | 几天之后 10000英里外 |
[21:49] | a rain of 750-pound bombs | 一场从20000英尺的 |
[21:51] | dropped from B-52s | B-52S战机上降下的 |
[21:53] | at 20,000 feet, | 750磅重的炸弹雨 |
[21:55] | will hit villages and towns all across Cambodia. | 将袭击整个柬埔寨的村庄和城镇 |
[21:59] | Thousands will die. | 成千上万的人将死去 |
[22:02] | And the world will change, for better or worse. | 世界将会改变 无论是好是坏 |
[22:12] | That is the kind of power that exists | 这就是这座低矮丑陋的大楼里 |
[22:14] | in this squat little ugly building. | 存在的力量 |
[22:18] | Screw Kissinger. He’s overrated. Let’s go. | 干他妈的基辛格 他被高估了 走吧 |
[22:26] | So, what are we… | 那么 我们是 |
[22:28] | -Um, you know, I mean– -Spit it out. | – 你知道 我的意思是 – 快说出来 |
[22:31] | -What are you trying to say? -Are we against spending? | – 你想说什么 – 我们反对消费吗 |
[22:33] | What do we believe? | 我们相信什么 |
[22:47] | “What do we believe?” | 我们相信什么 |
[22:49] | Oh. That’s very good. | 很好 |
[22:52] | “What do we believe?” | 我们相信什么 |
[23:01] | Oh, shit! | 该死 |
[23:11] | Like that, through there. | 就这样 穿过它 |
[23:14] | You find out what the fish want. | 先要知道鱼想要什么 |
[23:16] | In this case, it’s a worm. | 这种情况下 是蠕虫 |
[23:18] | And then, uh, we use it to catch him. | 然后 我们用它来抓他 |
[23:21] | Look it. Look it. | 看它 看它 |
[23:22] | Dada. Dada, look. | 爸爸 爸爸 看 |
[23:24] | The family gets to eat. | 我们就可以吃饭了 |
[23:25] | Is it a good trick we’re playing, for the worms? | 对蠕虫来说 我们玩的把戏够好吗 |
[23:29] | It’s not good or bad. It’s fishing. | 不好也不坏 这是钓鱼 |
[23:32] | I don’t want this one hurt. | 我不想让这一个受伤 |
[23:34] | Dick had taken a job | 迪克接受了一份作为一家大型金融公司的 |
[23:35] | as a political consultant for a large financial firm, | 政治顾问工作 |
[23:39] | where he was finally making good money. | 在那里他终于赚了很多钱 |
[23:42] | He took the job because Nixon’s inner circle | 他接受这项工作是因为尼克松的内部圈子 |
[23:45] | had had enough of Donald Rumsfeld. | 已经受够了唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[23:48] | I’m out. | 我退出 |
[23:49] | They’re sending me to Brussels. | 他们要送我去布鲁塞尔 |
[23:51] | What? | 什么 |
[23:53] | Nixon is making me permanent ambassador to NATO. | 尼克松任命我为北约常驻大使 |
[23:57] | Or as he called it… | 或者他说 |
[23:58] | It’s a fuck-off assignment. | 这他妈的是一个任务 |
[24:00] | Kissinger and Haldeman won. | 基辛格和霍尔德曼赢了 |
[24:01] | Why don’t you come with me? | 你为什么不和我一起去 |
[24:03] | I got a four and a seven-year-old, Don. | 唐 我有一个四岁和一个七岁的孩子 |
[24:07] | Tell Don we are not moving | 告诉唐我们哪也不去 |
[24:08] | just because everyone at the White House hates him. | 只是因为白宫的每个人都恨他 |
[24:11] | Good boy! | 好孩子 |
[24:12] | I taught you well these past couple of years. | 这几年我教得很好 |
[24:14] | I’m sorry, Don. | 对不起 唐 |
[24:18] | I really am. | 真的对不起 |
[24:19] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[24:20] | I’m like bedbugs. | 我就像臭虫 |
[24:22] | You’ll have to burn the mattress to get rid of me. | 你得烧掉床垫才能摆脱我 |
[24:25] | Dick was becoming sharper and sharper | 迪克作为华盛顿的内部人士 |
[24:28] | as a D.C. insider. | 变得越来越敏锐了 |
[24:30] | And Lynnie had started to write articles | 而琳妮开始写文章 |
[24:33] | and explore ideas for her first novel. | 并思索她第一部小说的点子 |
[24:35] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[24:40] | Then she received news from back home in Casper. | 然后她收到卡斯帕家里的消息 |
[24:50] | The Lord is my shepherd. | 上帝是我的牧人 |
[24:51] | I shall not want. | 我不会想要的 |
[24:52] | Lynne’s mother Edna, | 琳妮的母亲埃德娜 |
[24:54] | who had avoided the water her whole life, | 一辈子都不碰水 |
[24:56] | was found drowned in the local Casper lake. | 却在当地的卡斯帕湖被发现溺水 |
[24:59] | …paths of righteousness. | 正义之路 |
[25:01] | They said her and Wayne, Lynne’s dad, | 他们说她和韦恩 琳妮的爸爸 |
[25:04] | had had a nasty argument an hour before. | 一小时前发生了一场激烈的争吵 |
[25:07] | She doesn’t swim, Dick. | 她不会游泳 迪克 |
[25:09] | -My mother doesn’t swim. -What happened? | – 我妈妈不游泳 – 发生了什么事 |
[25:11] | She never swam. I don’t– I don’t know. | 她从不游泳 我不 我不知道 |
[25:15] | She just never swims, and then… | 她从不游泳 然后 |
[25:18] | There was never a serious investigation | 对于琳妮妈妈的死 |
[25:20] | into Lynne’s mom’s death. | 没有进行过任意一个认真的调查 |
[25:23] | You wanna see me do a handstand right here? | 你想看我在这里倒立吗 |
[25:25] | No. Don’t. Dad. Dad. -I can do it right here. | – 不 不要 爸爸 爸爸 – 我可以在这里做 |
[25:28] | They’re getting so big. | 她们越来越大了 |
[25:29] | You’re gonna be all right, Dad. | 你会没事的 爸爸 |
[25:31] | Yeah. Yeah. -They’re big girls. | – 她们是大姑娘了 |
[25:33] | God, Dad… | 天哪 爸爸 |
[25:34] | So listen, after this we should… | 听着 在这之后我们应该 |
[25:35] | What should we do? Should we go get some food? | 我们该怎么办 我们去买点吃的好吗 |
[25:37] | Girls… | 女孩们 |
[25:38] | Dick, they were saying maybe– | 迪克 他们说也许 |
[25:39] | Why don’t you go to the car? | 你为什么不上车 |
[25:42] | Come on, girls, let’s listen to your father, all right? | 来吧 姑娘们 让我们听听你父亲的话 好吗 |
[25:53] | They’re gettin’ so beautiful, Dick. It’s amazing. | 他们越来越漂亮了 迪克 真是太神奇了 |
[25:57] | -Mmm. -Just… | – 只是 |
[26:02] | You catching any fish? | 你抓到鱼了吗 |
[26:11] | How are you, Dick? | 你还好吗 迪克 |
[26:14] | Things going good in D.C.? | 华盛顿的情况好吗 |
[26:19] | Don’t ever go near my daughters or my wife again. | 不要再接近我的女儿或妻子 |
[26:41] | Big shot! | 大人物 |
[26:43] | “Big shot in D.C.” Dick. | 华盛顿的大人物 迪克 |
[26:54] | Sir? | 先生 |
[26:58] | Thanks. -Mm-hmm. | 谢谢 |
[27:14] | So, uh, what do you got? | 那么 你们找到了什么 |
[27:16] | Page eight. | 第八页 |
[27:22] | Hassan Mustafa Nasr, | 哈桑·穆斯塔法·纳萨尔 |
[27:24] | a cleric based in Milan, Italy. | 意大利米兰的牧师 |
[27:27] | He’s a member of al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya, | 他是伊斯兰半岛的一员 |
[27:30] | the group that killed Anwar Sadat. | 杀死安瓦尔·萨达特的组织 |
[27:32] | That’s the blind sheikh, right? | 那是盲人酋长 对吧 |
[27:34] | There’s some debate at Langley | 在兰利有些争论 |
[27:35] | on whether they’re a threat or not. | 这取决于他们是否有威胁 |
[27:38] | They claim to be peaceful now. | 他们现在要求和平 |
[27:42] | I claim to be eating healthy. | 我要求要吃的健康 |
[27:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:57] | Go pick him up. | 去把他带过来 |
[28:24] | What’s the next name? | 下一个名字是什么 |
[28:27] | Well, Mr. Vice President, | 哦 副总统先生 |
[28:28] | there’s been some chatter about, uh, uh… | 这有一些唠叨关于 额 额 |
[28:32] | an engineering student from Berlin… | 一个来自柏林的工程师学生 |
[28:35] | I have never been a quitter. | 我从没半途而废 |
[28:38] | To leave office before my term is completed | 在我的项目完成之前离开办公室 |
[28:41] | is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. | 我身体里的每一种本能都厌恶这样 |
[28:46] | But as president… | 但是作为总统 |
[28:48] | I must put the interests of America first. | 我必须把美国的利益放在第一位 |
[28:53] | America needs a full-time president. | 美国需要一个全职总统 |
[28:56] | Nixon forgot about the voice-activated recorders. | 尼克松忘记了声控录音机 |
[29:00] | He got sloppy. | 他变得马虎了 |
[29:02] | Is the president being punished? | 总统受到惩罚了吗 |
[29:04] | No, no. The president has a lot of enemies. | 不 不 总统有好多敌人 |
[29:06] | Brussels, please. | 请接布鲁塞尔 |
[29:09] | You need to remember, Lizzie– | 你要记住 丽兹 |
[29:11] | The fight in the months ahead for my personal vindication… | 接下来几个月里为我个人辩护的斗争 |
[29:14] | …that if you have power, people will always try to take it from you. | 如果你有权利 人们总是试图从你手中夺走它 |
[29:17] | Always. | 总是这样 |
[29:19] | -Yeah. -Yes, ma’am. | -是的 -是的 妈妈 |
[29:20] | You remember that. | 你记住了 |
[29:22] | Donald Rumsfeld, please. | 请接唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[29:23] | This is a tragedy. | 这是一场悲剧 |
[29:26] | That is our president. | 这是我们的总统 |
[29:27] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[29:29] | I actually think this could be very, very good news. | 我认为这确实是一个非常非常好的新闻 |
[29:38] | The way I see it, any Republican not touched | 在我看来 任何与水门无关的共和党人 |
[29:41] | by Watergate is golden right now. | 现在前途都是光明的 |
[29:44] | Nice. Well, Ford called me before my plane took off, | 很好 在我的飞机起飞前 福特给我打过电话 |
[29:47] | and I think we’re in. | 我想我们已经在其中了 |
[29:49] | Oh, still driving this chick magnet, huh? | 哦 还开着这个少女杀手啊 哈 |
[29:52] | You can always take the bus. | 你总是坐公共汽车 |
[29:53] | Therefore… | 因此 |
[29:56] | I shall resign the presidency, | 我将辞去总统职务 |
[29:57] | effective at noon tomorrow. | 明天中午生效 |
[30:00] | Vice President Ford will be sworn in | 福特副总统将宣誓就职 |
[30:03] | as president at that hour… | 作为那时的总统 |
[30:05] | So what’s the plan? | 那计划是什么 |
[30:07] | Well, the plan is to take over the damn place. | 好吧 计划是接管这个该死的地方 |
[30:12] | Who lit a fire under your ass? | 是谁在你屁股下面生火的 |
[30:14] | I haven’t flipped cards for a long time, Don. | 唐 我好久没翻牌了 |
[30:23] | They gave me the keys to the damn palace. | 他们把那该死的白宫的钥匙给了我 |
[30:28] | Chief of Staff. | 参谋长 |
[30:31] | Holy shit. | 天啊 |
[30:33] | You salty son of a bitch. | 你这个臭婊子养的 |
[30:35] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[30:37] | All right, we have work to do. | 对 我们有事做了 |
[30:40] | Kissinger is trying to kiss and make up with the Soviets. | 基辛格正试图与苏联握手言和 |
[30:43] | Well, let’s make sure that shit doesn’t happen. | 好吧 让我们确保这件事不会发生 |
[30:51] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:01] | If I may, I believe I may have a way | 如果可以的话 我相信我有办法 |
[31:04] | to put an oar in the water on Russia. | 在俄罗斯的水面上划桨 |
[31:07] | What if we create– | 如果我们创造 |
[31:09] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[31:11] | Hold on, Henry, let’s hear Dick out. | 等等 亨利 让我们听听迪克说的 |
[31:13] | One of Dick Cheney’s special superpowers | 迪克·切尼的超级大国之一 |
[31:16] | was the ability to make | 有能力想出 |
[31:18] | the most wild and extreme ideas | 最疯狂和最极端的想法 |
[31:21] | sound measured and professional. | 听起来慎重又专业 |
[31:24] | What if, on a unilateral basis, | 如果在单方面的基础上 |
[31:26] | we all put miniature wigs on our penises | 我们都把小假发戴在吊上 |
[31:30] | and we walked out to the White House lawn | 我们走到白宫草坪上 |
[31:33] | and jerked each other off? | 然后互相推脱 |
[31:35] | So, like a puppet show, but much more enjoyable. | 所以 就像木偶戏一样 但更令人愉快 |
[31:40] | Hmm. I do like a good puppet show. | 嗯 我真的很喜欢木偶戏 |
[31:43] | I say we do it. | 我说我们做到了 |
[31:45] | Henry Kissinger has been relieved | 亨利·基辛格松了一口气 |
[31:47] | as national security advisor | 作为国家安全顾问 |
[31:48] | and replaced by Brent Scowcroft. | 被布伦特·斯考克罗夫特取代 |
[31:52] | They’re calling it the Halloween Massacre. | 他们称之为万圣节大屠杀 |
[31:55] | -Mr. President. -Hold on, Henry. | -总统先生 -等等 亨利 |
[31:57] | Donald Rumsfeld has replaced | 唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德已经取代 |
[31:58] | Secretary of Defense James Schlesinger. | 国防部长詹姆斯·施莱辛格 |
[32:00] | And Dick Cheney has been chosen as the… | 迪克·切尼被选为 |
[32:02] | Youngest Chief of Staff in history. | 历史上最年轻的参谋长 |
[32:04] | It’s real. | 这是真的 |
[32:07] | And Don is the youngest Secretary of Defense ever. | 唐是有史以来最年轻的国防部长 |
[32:11] | Well, I’m not talking about Don. | 好吧 我不是在说唐 |
[32:13] | I’m talking about you. | 我说的是你 |
[32:16] | And I’m going to give you | 我会给你 |
[32:18] | a kiss right here in the White House. | 一个吻在这 在白宫 |
[32:22] | Excuse me, Mr. And Mrs. Cheney, | 打扰一下 切尼先生和切尼夫人 |
[32:24] | These girls were trying to enter the Oval Office. | 这些女孩试图进入总统办公室 |
[32:26] | Oh, dear. Oh, dear. | 哦 亲爱的 哦 亲爱的 |
[32:28] | -Girls… -Hey. Hey, there. Hey, you! | -孩子们 -嘿 嘿 那里 嘿 你 |
[32:31] | Girls, this is not a playground. Please do not… | 姑娘们 这不是游乐场 请不要 |
[32:34] | Hey, you. Hey. | 嘿 你 嘿 |
[32:36] | Is this where Santa lives? | 圣诞老人住在这里吗 |
[32:39] | It’s even better. It’s even better. | 这比那里更好 这比那里更好 |
[32:42] | This is where… | 这里就是 |
[32:46] | the leader of the greatest nation | 地球上最伟大的国家的领导人 |
[32:49] | on earth lives. | 住的地方 |
[32:51] | Are you one of his elves, Daddy? | 你是他的小精灵吗 爸爸 |
[32:52] | In a way, yes. | 在某种程度上 是的 |
[32:54] | No, he is not, Mary. | 不 他不是 玛丽 |
[32:56] | Your father is Chief of Staff. | 你父亲是参谋长 |
[32:58] | Chief of Staff. | 参谋长 |
[33:01] | If you’re silly with her, | 如果你对她很傻 |
[33:03] | she’ll grow up to be a silly woman. | 她长大后会变成一个愚蠢的女人 |
[33:04] | Right, of course. I forgot. | 是的 当然 我忘了 |
[33:07] | That’s just, uh… That’s just silly, Mary. | 只是 呃 太傻了 玛丽 |
[33:11] | And as the new Chief of Staff, | 作为新的参谋长 |
[33:13] | and with the presidency weakened by Watergate, | 随着总统职位被水门事件削弱 |
[33:16] | Dick Cheney wanted to find out | 迪克·切尼想知道 |
[33:18] | exactly how much power did the president have. | 总统到底有多大的权力 |
[33:21] | I would like to reinstate executive authority. | 我想恢复行政权力 |
[33:25] | How? | 怎么做 |
[33:26] | Antonin Scalia | 安东宁斯卡里亚 |
[33:28] | a young lawyer with the Justice Department | 一个司法部的年轻律师 |
[33:30] | who would later go on to serve on the Supreme Court | 那个后来继续在最高法院任职 |
[33:32] | rocked Dick’s world. | 震动了迪克世界的人 |
[33:34] | Interesting you should ask. | 有趣的是你应该问 |
[33:35] | Are you familiar with the theory | 你熟悉这个 |
[33:37] | of the unitary executive? | 独裁专政的理论吗 |
[33:39] | No. Tell me about it. | 不熟悉 给我说一下关于这个 |
[33:41] | Uh, it is an interpretation | 呃 这是个解释 |
[33:42] | that few, like myself, happen to believe, | 像我这样的少数人恰好知道 |
[33:44] | in Article II of the Constitution | 在宪法第二条中 |
[33:46] | that vests the president | 赋予总统 |
[33:48] | with absolute executive authority. | 绝对的单一执行权 |
[33:51] | And I mean absolute. | 我的意思是绝对的 |
[34:05] | -Hey, baby? -Yep? | 嘿 宝贝 -是吗 |
[34:07] | You wanna take Cole to the high chair? | 你想带科尔去高脚椅吗 |
[34:10] | Come on, buddy. | 来吧 伙计 |
[34:11] | I’ve gotta try and explain | 我得试着解释一下 |
[34:12] | this thing to the people. | 这是给人民的 |
[34:14] | Oh, aren’t you hungry? | 哦 你不饿吗 |
[34:16] | The unitary… | 独裁 |
[34:18] | executive… | 专政 |
[34:19] | theory. | 理论 |
[34:21] | Certain legal scholars believe that | 一些法律学者认为 |
[34:23] | if the president does anything, | 如果总统做了些什么 |
[34:25] | it must be legal, | 那必须是合法的 |
[34:27] | because it’s the president. | 因为那是总统 |
[34:29] | To hell with checks and balances, | 让支票和余额见鬼去吧 |
[34:31] | especially during times of war. | 尤其是在战争时期 |
[34:34] | This was the power of kings, pharaohs, dictators. | 这是国王 法老和独裁者的权力 |
[34:40] | It’s perfect. | 完美 |
[34:41] | Dick Cheney was a foot soldier | 迪克·切尼是个步兵 |
[34:43] | in the power games of Washington, D.C. | 在华盛顿的权力游戏中 |
[34:46] | But with the unitary executive theory, | 但是有了独裁专政的理论 |
[34:49] | he could become… | 他可能会成为 |
[34:51] | Galactus, Devourer of Planets. | 银河系 行星的吞噬者 |
[34:56] | But then it was election night, | 但在选举之夜 |
[35:00] | and there was one big problem. | 还有一个大问题 |
[35:01] | The winner, with 272 electoral votes… | 获胜者有272张选票 |
[35:04] | we had wondered which one of us | 我们想知道我们中的哪一个 |
[35:06] | was going to make this announcement. | 会发表声明 |
[35:07] | James Earl Carter, | 詹姆斯·厄尔·卡特 |
[35:10] | the next president of the United States. | 下一任美国总统 |
[35:11] | And just like that, it was all over. | 就像那样 一切都结束了 |
[35:15] | Dick Cheney, the president’s Chief of Staff, | 总统参谋长迪克·切尼 |
[35:18] | he does not have a job. | 他没了工作 |
[35:20] | At one point, he was a broker. | 在那时 他是个经纪人 |
[35:21] | It can’t be. It’s got to be some sort of a mistake. | 不可能 这一定是个错误 |
[35:23] | -A miscalculation. -There goes the neighborhood. | – 一个失误 – 出了差错 |
[35:28] | Well… | 好 |
[35:31] | thank you all. | 谢谢大家 |
[35:32] | The Republicans have lost the presidency. | 共和党人失去了总统职位 |
[35:35] | They are the minority in Congress and in most states. | 他们是国会和大多数州的少数派 |
[35:37] | With America demanding change, I don’t see… | 随着美国要求变革 我看不到… |
[35:40] | The GOP is a party in disarray. | 共和党是一个混乱的政党 |
[35:42] | Clearly, Watergate, the Vietnam War… | 很明显 水门事件 越南战争… |
[35:44] | President Carter went up | 卡特总统上去了 |
[35:45] | on the roof of the White House today | 现在在白宫的屋顶上 |
[35:47] | to show off the new solar water heaters | 炫耀安装在那的新的太阳能热水器 |
[35:49] | installed there. | 新的太阳能热水器 |
[35:50] | Today, in directly harnessing | 现在 直接利用 |
[35:52] | the power of the sun, we are taking | 太阳的力量 我们正在获取 |
[35:54] | the energy that God gave us, | 上帝给我们的能量 |
[35:56] | the most renewable energy that we will ever see, | 我们看到的最好的可再生能源 |
[36:00] | and using it to replace our dwindling supplies | 用它来取代我们日益减少的 |
[36:02] | of fossil fuels. | 化石燃料的能源供应 |
[36:05] | There is no longer any question | 再也没有问题了 |
[36:06] | that solar energy | 太阳能 |
[36:09] | is both feasible and also cost-effective. | 既可行又经济 |
[36:33] | …went on to be Secretary of Defense. | 继续担任国防部长 |
[36:35] | Al Haig, who became Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, | 阿尔黑格成为欧洲盟军最高指挥官 |
[36:38] | and, uh, Bob Haldeman, who is doing time | 还有 鲍勃·霍尔德曼 他还在服刑 |
[36:41] | in a California penitentiary. | 在加利福尼亚的一所监狱里 |
[36:43] | Well, not me. Not me, sir. | 嗯 不是我 不是我 先生 |
[36:45] | I, I will become the gentleman from Wyoming. | 我 我将成为来自怀俄明州的绅士 |
[36:48] | Most of all, and hear this, | 最重要的是 听到这个 |
[36:51] | uh, taxes must go down. | 呃 税收必须降低 |
[36:53] | I’ll say it again, taxes must go down. | 我再说一遍 税收必须降低 |
[36:55] | We must ameliorate the pain of taxes | 我们必须减轻税收的痛苦 |
[36:57] | for the working man | 为了工人 |
[36:59] | and bring, uh… | 带上 呃… |
[37:01] | …perspicacity to the fore. | 高瞻远瞩 |
[37:04] | I’m as much a Wyomingite, our, uh, demonym… | 我是一个女妖精 我们的 呃 恶魔… |
[37:08] | Blah, blah, blah. | 废话 废话 废话 |
[37:10] | Thank God for name recognition. | 感谢上帝的指名 |
[37:12] | …as Jedediah Smith. | 杰迪戴亚·史密斯 |
[37:14] | Well, um, enough of the horsing around. | 嗯 嗯 够了 |
[37:16] | Although that is, of course, what, uh, us cowboys do. | 当然 这是美国牛仔的工作 |
[37:19] | Um… | 嗯 |
[37:22] | Uh, vote for Cheney for Congress. | 呃 投票给切尼参加国会 |
[37:25] | I will not let you down, you can count on me. | 我不会让你失望的 你可以依靠我 |
[37:28] | And, uh, thank you. | 还有 呃 谢谢你 |
[37:29] | Vote for, uh, Cheney in Congress. | 在国会投票给切尼 |
[37:35] | Either he drinks next time or I do. | 下次要么他喝酒 要么我喝酒 |
[37:39] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[37:41] | I don’t want anyone to panic, | 我不想让任何人惊慌 |
[37:42] | but, uh, I do believe I have to go to the hospital. | 但是 呃 我觉得我必须去医院 |
[37:49] | Now. | 现在就去 |
[38:00] | It’s an inferior wall infarct. | 是下壁管梗塞 |
[38:03] | But that, that can be fixed, right? | 但那是可以解决的 对吧 |
[38:06] | If it was up to me, | 要我说 |
[38:08] | you’d drop out of the election. | 你最好退出选举 |
[38:11] | But you’ve both made that clear | 但你们都说得很清楚 |
[38:12] | that it’s not an option, | 这不是一个选择 |
[38:14] | so you must have a minimum of two weeks bed rest. | 所以你必须至少休息两周 |
[38:17] | Two weeks off, we’ll lose our lead. | 两周后 我们将失去领先优势 |
[38:20] | Like hell we will. | 我们会不顾死活的 |
[38:22] | Dick Cheney has an illness, | 迪克·切尼生病了 |
[38:23] | so he can’t be here today. | 所以他今天不能到这里 |
[38:26] | But we got his wife, and she’s a darn pretty girl. | 但我们找到了他的妻子 她是个可爱的女孩 |
[38:30] | Lynne Cheney! | 琳恩·切尼 |
[38:34] | Hello… | 你好 |
[38:35] | Hello, how are you today? | 你好 今天怎么样 |
[38:37] | Good, good, good to hear. | 很好 很好 很高兴听到 |
[38:39] | Uh, it’s really nice to be back in my home state. | 嗯 回到我的家乡真是太好了 |
[38:43] | See, I grew up in Wyoming, but it seems that, uh, | 我在怀俄明州长大 但看起来 |
[38:47] | somewhere along the line, | 沿着这条线 |
[38:49] | Washington, D.C. stopped listening | 华盛顿不听 |
[38:51] | to real folks like us | 像我们这样真实的人说话 |
[38:53] | and started only listening to liberal snobs | 开始只听自由派势利的人的言论 |
[38:56] | who want us all to lose our jobs to affirmative action. | 他们希望我们所有人都因平权行动而失业 |
[39:02] | Okay, Lynne. Let’s… | 好了 琳妮 |
[39:05] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[39:07] | You know, I went to New York City. | 你知道 我去了纽约 |
[39:10] | Women in New York City are burning their bras. | 纽约市的妇女正在烧胸罩 |
[39:15] | Well, you know what women in Wyoming do with our bras? | 你知道怀俄明州的女人胸罩干什么吗 |
[39:17] | We wear them. | 我们穿它们 |
[39:19] | We wear them. | 没错我们穿胸罩 |
[39:22] | Here in Wyoming, | 在俄怀明州 |
[39:24] | we believe there is a right and a wrong… | 我们相信凡事都有对有错 |
[39:26] | Because I’m a mom and a wife from Wyoming | 因为我是一个来自俄怀明州的母亲和妻子 |
[39:29] | and I know how it feels to make every penny count. | 所以我懂物尽其用是什么感觉 |
[39:33] | And not only do I speak for you, | 我不仅仅是为你们发声 |
[39:36] | but my husband, Dick Cheney… | 也是为了我的丈夫 迪克 切尼 |
[39:37] | A hard wind of change | 改革的狂风 |
[39:39] | had been blowing through America. | 横扫了整个美国 |
[39:41] | Civil rights,Roe v. Wade, environmentalism, | 民权 罗伊韦德 环境主义 |
[39:45] | but there was a part of the country | 但这个国家的有些人 |
[39:47] | that was angry about this change. | 对这种改变很反感 |
[39:50] | Thanks to my amazing wife. | 多亏了我无所不能的妻子 |
[39:55] | It’s good to be joining you all here in D.C. | 很高兴能和你们一起到华盛顿来 |
[39:59] | as Wyoming’s sole congressional representative. | 作为怀俄明州唯一的国会代表 |
[40:03] | And then, big money families | 然后 有钱人家 |
[40:05] | like the Kochs and the Coors | 例如科赫家族和库尔斯家族 |
[40:07] | that were sick of paying income taxes | 厌倦了缴纳所得税 |
[40:10] | rolled right into Washington, D.C. | 来到华盛顿特区 |
[40:12] | and started writing fat checks | 开出巨额支票 |
[40:15] | to fund right-wing think tanks… | 来资助右翼智囊团 |
[40:18] | that would change the way | 那将会颠覆 |
[40:20] | many Americans looked at the world. | 许多美国人看待世界的方式 |
[40:25] | Finally, in 1980, this unlikely revolution | 最后 在1980年 这场不太可能的 |
[40:29] | of the super-rich and white conservatives | 针对超级富豪和白人保守派掀起的革命 |
[40:32] | found its face. | 终于出现了 |
[40:33] | For those without skills, | 对于那些没有特长的人 |
[40:35] | we’ll find a way to help them get new skills. | 我们会找到办法帮助他们 |
[40:38] | For those without job opportunities, | 对于那些找不到工作机会的人 |
[40:40] | we’ll stimulate new opportunities, | 我们将创造新的机会 |
[40:42] | particularly in the inner cities where they live. | 尤其是在他们生活的地区 |
[40:45] | For those who’ve abandoned hope, | 对于那些已经放弃生活希望的人们 |
[40:48] | we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them | 我们将会重启希望并欢迎他们 |
[40:50] | into a great national crusade | 加入伟大的国家改革运动 |
[40:51] | to make America great again. | 让美国再次强大起来 |
[41:00] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[41:03] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 |
[41:06] | It was the fucking 1980s, | 那是操蛋的上世纪八十年代 |
[41:10] | and it was a hell of a time to be Dick Cheney. | 那对于迪克切尼来说是段苦日子 |
[41:15] | Vote on H.R.4445, | 就众议院第4445号法案投票 |
[41:19] | the Undetectable Firearms Act, | 无法检测武器法案 |
[41:21] | to ban plastic guns that can evade metal detectors. | 禁止使用可以避开金属探测器的塑料枪 |
[41:25] | Nay. | 内伊 |
[41:26] | Well, thank you, Congressmen Cheney. | 好吧 谢谢你 切尼议员 |
[41:29] | I hear you’ve been quite the ally. | 我听说你一直是我的盟友 |
[41:31] | …establishing Martin Luther King Jr. Day | …建立马丁·路德·金日 |
[41:34] | as a federal holiday. | 作为联邦法定节假日 |
[41:36] | H.R.36441, the Endangered Species Act. | 众议院第36441号法案 濒危物种法 |
[41:42] | Mr. T is here, right with the First Family. | T先生就在这里 和第一家人在一起 |
[41:45] | Vote on H.R.500, the Water Quality Act. | 投票表决众议院第500号法案 水质法 |
[41:50] | Vote on H.R.44… | 投票表决众议院第44… |
[41:54] | Someone call an ambulance! | 快来人叫救护车 |
[41:58] | I’m having a heart attack, you idiot. | 我有心脏病 你个蠢货 |
[42:34] | Thank you, Alex, for your very responsible… | 谢谢你 亚历克斯 你非常负责… |
[42:36] | Oh, congratulations. | 哦 恭喜你 |
[42:37] | Thank you. I was very, very excited… | 谢谢您 我非常非常兴奋… |
[42:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[42:42] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[42:44] | Oh, they’re both brilliant but broke. | 哦 他们都很聪明 但都破产了 |
[42:50] | Hey, Dick. | 嘿 迪克 |
[42:52] | Hello, Lynne. | 你好 琳恩 |
[42:54] | Congratulations on your appointment. | 祝贺你的上任啦 |
[42:55] | Oh, well, thank you, Mr. Vice President. | 哦 好吧 谢谢你 副总统先生 |
[42:58] | How is your lovely family? | 你可爱的家人怎么样 |
[42:59] | Well, we think our son Jeb seems cut out for office. | 我认为我的儿子杰布似乎不适合坐办公室 |
[43:04] | We may be asking for your endorsements in a few years. | 几年后我们可能会寻求你的支持 |
[43:06] | Well, if he’s half as charming as you are, George, | 如果他有你一半的魅力 乔治 |
[43:09] | then you’ll have both of our votes. | 那么你将得到我们的两张选票 |
[43:10] | can I get that in writing? | 我能把它写下来吗 |
[43:12] | Oh, yeah, of course. | 哦 是的 当然 |
[43:13] | Dick, I just want to say thank you | 迪克 我只是想说谢谢你 |
[43:15] | for getting the House not to override | 为了让众议院不推翻 |
[43:16] | the president’s veto on the fairness doctrine. | 总统对公平原则的否决 |
[43:18] | No, not a problem. | 不 没问题 |
[43:20] | Happy to get rid of any big government regulations. | 很乐意摆脱任何政府法规 |
[43:22] | Thank you. Great. | 谢谢您 |
[43:24] | The fairness doctrine was a law from the 40s | 公平原则是40年代的法律 |
[43:26] | that required any broadcast TV or radio news | 需要所有广播电视或广播新闻 |
[43:29] | to present both sides of an issue equally. | 平等地呈现问题的利弊 |
[43:32] | Its repeal would lead to the rise of opinion news. | 它的废除将导致舆论新闻的兴起 |
[43:35] | Let me tell you something, you skinny human prophylactic. | 让我告诉你一件事 你个废物 |
[43:41] | Love is the only human emotion you can’t fake. | 爱是人类唯一无法掩饰的情感 |
[43:43] | Except women. And thank God they can. | 除了女人 感谢上帝 她们可以掩饰 |
[43:48] | And eventually to the realization | 最终实现 |
[43:50] | of Roger Ailes’ dream. | 罗杰·艾尔斯的梦想 |
[43:52] | Fox News, which would go on to become | 福克斯新闻 这将成为 |
[43:55] | the number one news station in the United States | 美国第一新闻台 |
[43:58] | and swing America even more to the right. | 让美国更加右倾 |
[44:02] | Thank you. Great. | 谢谢您 |
[44:06] | Sorry. Sorry. Hey, it’s all right. | 对不起 对不起 嘿 没关系 |
[44:09] | Lighten up, sweetheart. It’s a party. | 放松点 甜心 这是一个聚会 |
[44:11] | Let me go see if I can see | 让我去看看能不能看见 |
[44:12] | if everything’s okay over there. | 如果那边一切正常的话 |
[44:13] | Great to see you both. Love to the girls. | 很高兴见到你们俩 我对你女儿的问候 |
[44:15] | Love to Barbara. | 也请转告我对芭芭拉的问候 |
[44:16] | Will do. | 我会的 |
[44:18] | -That’s his son. -Oh, crap. | – 那是他的儿子 – 哦 糟了 |
[44:21] | George W., black sheep of the family. | 乔治·W 败家子一个 |
[44:23] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[44:25] | A little too much unconditional love there. | 有点太溺爱了 |
[44:30] | Can you feel it, Dick? | 你能感受到吗 迪克 |
[44:32] | Half the room wants to be us. | 这屋里一半的人想成为我们 |
[44:34] | The other half fears us. | 另一半害怕我们 |
[44:36] | I know George is next in line, but… | 我知道乔治是第二种类型的 但是… |
[44:40] | after that, who knows? | 在那之后 谁知道呢 |
[44:43] | I respect the hell out of Reagan, | 我尊重里根的灵魂 |
[44:47] | but no one has shown the world the true power | 但没有人向世界展示 |
[44:50] | of the American presidency. | 美国总统真正的力量 |
[45:19] | Excuse me, Miss Mary! | 对不起 玛丽小姐 |
[45:21] | You cannot leave the grounds during school hours. Mary! | 你不能在上课时间离开这里 玛丽 |
[45:33] | Well, I don’t understand. | 好吧 我不理解 |
[45:35] | You just left school? Why? | 你就直接从学校离开了 为什么 |
[45:37] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这讲不通啊 |
[45:40] | It was Susan. | 是苏珊 |
[45:43] | Susan, your best friend? | 苏珊 你最好的朋友吗 |
[45:46] | Oh, honey, did you get in a fight over a boy or… | 哦 亲爱的 你们是为一个男孩打架还是…… |
[45:55] | She broke up with me. | 她和我分手了 |
[45:59] | Mom, Dad… | 妈妈 爸爸… |
[46:04] | I… | 我… |
[46:05] | I like girls. | 我喜欢女孩子 |
[46:08] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[46:30] | It doesn’t matter, sweetheart. | 没关系 亲爱的 |
[46:33] | We love you no matter what. | 不管怎样 我们都爱你 |
[46:37] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[46:39] | I love you so much. | 我非常爱你 |
[46:43] | This is going to make things… | 这会使事情变得 |
[46:46] | so hard for you. | 对你来说很难 |
[46:55] | When George Bush Sr. was elected president, | 当老布什当选总统时 |
[46:58] | Dick Cheney was made Secretary of Defense, | 迪克·切尼被任命为国防部长 |
[47:02] | sixth in line to the presidency. | 总统的第六位顺位继承人 |
[47:05] | And after a few years, | 几年后 |
[47:07] | it was Dick’s turn to run for president. | 轮到迪克竞选总统了 |
[47:10] | So they decided to do some early polling numbers. | 所以他们决定提前做一些投票 |
[47:13] | Uh-huh. Guess that’s it. | 嗯 就这样吧 |
[47:17] | We can move those numbers. Just… | 我们可以这些改动数字 只是… |
[47:20] | go after the welfare state, | 追求福利国家 |
[47:22] | -regulations, government waste. -It’ll be war. | -法规 政府浪费 – 这将是场战争 |
[47:24] | No. | 不 |
[47:25] | I, uh… | 我 呃… |
[47:27] | I can’t put Mary through that. | 我不能让玛丽对手的攻击对象 |
[47:31] | Every primary opponent will go after her. | 每个主要对手都会攻击她因为她是同性恋 |
[47:39] | And we deny. | 我们否认就是了 |
[47:42] | Shame them for going after the family and… | 让他们为他们的所作所为感到羞耻… |
[48:23] | You let Grandma go. | 你让奶奶走了 |
[48:26] | Come on. Good boy. | 来吧 好孩子 |
[48:28] | All right. | 好的 |
[48:31] | No. Oh, my goodness. | 不 哦 天哪 |
[48:40] | It’s great, Philip. | 太好了 菲利普 |
[48:41] | Uh, Coors has me mapping out strategies | 呃 库尔斯让我 |
[48:44] | for people living alternative lifestyles. | 对生活方式不同的人制定相应的策略 |
[48:46] | The Coors are a wonderful family. | 库尔斯一家很好 |
[48:48] | They’re good people. | 他们是好人 |
[49:31] | Who is calling on a Sunday morning? | 星期天早上谁打电话来 |
[49:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[49:38] | Okay. I’m coming. | 好了 我来了 |
[49:43] | I’m comin’. | 我来了 |
[49:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[49:52] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[50:04] | Any way I can be of assistance. | 我能帮上什么忙 |
[50:09] | 00 p.M. | 晚上12点 |
[50:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[50:14] | Oh, that, uh… | 哦 那个 呃… |
[50:16] | that goes without saying. | 不言而喻 |
[50:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[50:21] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[50:24] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[50:26] | It was someone from | 是一个来自 |
[50:28] | George Bush’s son’s, uh, campaign. | 乔治·布什的儿子的竞选活动 |
[50:31] | Jeb? | 杰布 |
[50:32] | No, no, George W. | 不 不 乔治W |
[50:34] | -Uh, Jeb’s Florida. -Right, right. | – 呃 杰布在佛罗里达 – 对 对 |
[50:36] | Oh, I still can’t believe they’ve got | 哦 我还是不敢相信他们 |
[50:38] | that poor boy running for president. | 让那个败家子竞选总统 |
[50:40] | What’d they want? | 他们想要什么 |
[50:43] | They want to talk to me about being his running mate. | 他们想和我谈谈作为他的竞选伙伴的事 |
[50:48] | What? | 什么 |
[50:51] | They didn’t say it outright, | 他们没有直截了当地说 |
[50:52] | but, uh… | 但是 呃… |
[50:54] | I’ve made that call myself. | 我自己打过电话 |
[50:57] | That’s what they want. | 这就是他们想要的 |
[51:00] | A vice president is a nothing job. | 副总统不是什么工作 |
[51:05] | Well, I’ll just hear ’em out. | 当然 我也就是听听 |
[51:07] | I owe that to the father. | 我应该感谢我父亲 |
[51:09] | The VP just sits around | 副总裁只是闲着 |
[51:11] | and waits for the president to die. | 然后坐等总统死掉 |
[51:13] | You’ve said so yourself. | 你自己也说过 |
[51:16] | Yeah, it’s a cruddy job. | 是的 这是一项很糟糕的工作 |
[51:19] | It’s just a meeting. | 只是个会议 |
[51:22] | Is it just a meeting? | 只是个会议吗 |
[51:25] | It’s just a meeting. | 只是个会议没有任命我当副总统 |
[51:32] | Good. | 很好 |
[51:55] | Yes, Governor. | 是的 州长 |
[51:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
[52:00] | The governor will see you now, Secretary Cheney. | 州长马上就来见你 切尼秘书 |
[52:08] | Sure. | 当然 |
[52:12] | Hey! Hello, Dick. | 嘿 你好 迪克 |
[52:14] | Hello, George. | 你好 乔治 |
[52:16] | It’s been a while. | 距离上次见面有一段时间了 |
[52:18] | Last year. | 去年 |
[52:19] | Foreign policy sessions. | 外交政策会议 |
[52:22] | That’s right. Yeah, that’s right. | 对对 是的 没错 |
[52:24] | Those meetings were, uh… | 那些会议是 呃… |
[52:26] | very engaging. | 非常吸引人 |
[52:29] | I do remember we both agreed | 我记得我们都同意 |
[52:31] | my dad would’ve been re-elected | 我爸爸会被重新选举出来的 |
[52:33] | had he taken out Saddam. | 他把萨达姆带走了 |
[52:34] | Right. Yeah, wartime presidents. | 正确的 是的 战时总统 |
[52:38] | Very popular. | 非常受欢迎 |
[52:39] | That they are. That they are. | 他们就是这样 他们就是这样 |
[52:42] | So… | 所以… |
[52:46] | Congratulations | 祝贺你 |
[52:47] | on a… successful primary. | 关于…初选成功 |
[52:51] | I’ve, uh, been through a few myself, | 我自己也经历过一些类似的事情 |
[52:54] | and they can be, shall we say… | 这些事情很 我们可以说… |
[52:56] | Fuckin’ exhausting. | 他妈的很累 |
[52:57] | Right. | 正确的 |
[53:00] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[53:01] | It’s a grind. | 这是一个磨难 |
[53:03] | It’s a grind, I’ll tell you. | 我来告诉你 这是一种磨难 |
[53:04] | Buses, bologna sandwiches. | 巴士 博洛尼亚三明治 |
[53:08] | Hell, I like people, but, I mean, | 见鬼 我喜欢人 但是我想 |
[53:09] | you know, enough’s enough. | 你知道 够了就是够了 |
[53:15] | So… | 所以 |
[53:17] | that call I received… | 我接到的那通电话是什么意思 |
[53:19] | I forgot, you’re a brass tacks guy, | 我忘了 你是个开门见山的人 |
[53:20] | aren’t ya? I like that. | 我喜欢你这种态度 |
[53:23] | You surprised I’m running for president? | 你很惊讶我正在竞选总统吗 |
[53:26] | He wants to impress his father | 他想讨好他父亲的渴望 |
[53:29] | more than anything. | 胜过一切 |
[53:30] | After my, uh, shall we say, wild years? | 我度过了 可以说是放荡不羁的岁月之后 |
[53:34] | Well, George, I sowed some oats myself | 其实 乔治 我以前也有过放纵自己 |
[53:37] | back in the day. | 的生活 |
[53:39] | And I still enjoy a cold beer on occasion. | 现在我有时还喜欢喝冰镇啤酒 |
[53:43] | -I bet you did. -Mmm. | -我敢打赌你做了 -嗯 |
[53:44] | I bet you did, you rascal. | 我敢打赌你做了 你这个流氓 |
[53:46] | I can’t anymore. It got bad. | 我不能再这样了 情况变糟糕了 |
[53:51] | Good times. | 那些美好的时光 |
[53:52] | What does he really want? | 他真正想要的是什么 |
[53:55] | What does he need? | 他需要什么 |
[53:56] | It’s tough, I’ll tell ya. | 选举会很艰难 我跟你说 |
[54:00] | I lost my first congressional race, | 我在第一次国会竞选中输了 |
[54:02] | and it was not good. | 情况不妙 |
[54:07] | How ’bout some brisket? | 要不要来点鸡胸肉 |
[54:09] | George, um… | 乔治 呃 |
[54:12] | Hey, Theresa! Hey, Theresa! | 嘿 特丽萨 嘿 特丽萨 |
[54:15] | All right, we’ll find some. | 好的 我们这就去准备 |
[54:17] | -Get the burnt ends. -THERESA: ‘Course. | -要烧到熟透 -当然 |
[54:19] | So listen, I got a… | 所以 我在民意调查中 |
[54:22] | “lack of experience” problem in the polls, | 被指出缺乏经验的问题 |
[54:24] | and you are one of the most experienced guys around. | 而你是这里最有经验的人之一 |
[54:26] | You wanna jump on board, be my vice? | 你想加入我的阵营当我的副总统吗 |
[54:30] | I’m honored. | 不甚荣幸 |
[54:32] | Don’t be honored, fuckin’ say yes, Mr. Brass Tacks. | 别说荣幸 直接说是的 直性子先生 |
[54:34] | Mmm. I have to say, uh, no. | 那 我必须说 不 |
[54:37] | Dick, come on, we’re gonna have a lot of fun. | 迪克 来吧 我们一起会有很多乐趣 |
[54:39] | What are you doin’ right now? You’re in the private sector? | 想想你现在在做什么 你在私营部门吗 |
[54:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[54:44] | Come on, I know you love politics. | 拜托 我知道你热衷于政治 |
[54:46] | George. | 乔治 |
[54:47] | -Let’s go. -Not gonna happen. | -我们合作吧 -不可能的 |
[54:50] | Come on now. | 来吧 |
[54:53] | Well, that’s a shame. | 哦 真可惜 |
[54:55] | It is. | 它是 |
[54:58] | Perhaps I could, uh… | 也许我可以 呃 |
[55:00] | help you find the right running mate. | 帮你找到合适的竞选伙伴 |
[55:03] | Run my VP search team? | 你是指负责我的副总裁搜索团队吗 |
[55:05] | Mmm. No team. Just me. | 唔 没有团队 只有我 |
[55:15] | Yeah, yeah, that could work, that could… | 是的 是的 这样可以 这样 |
[55:17] | I have to run it by Rove, of course, but, uh… | 当然 我必须得让Rove去负责 但是 呃 |
[55:21] | If I lose, maybe I could become | 如果我输了 也许我会变成 |
[55:22] | commissioner of baseball. | 棒球队的主管人 |
[55:24] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[55:26] | But the, um, idea… | 但是 这个 目的 |
[55:29] | is to win. | 就是赢 |
[55:33] | I’m gonna keep you in the back of my mind. | 我会把你留在我的脑海里 |
[55:42] | So, are you going to tell me how it went today or not? | 那么 你是不是要告诉我今天的情况 |
[55:49] | It was very interesting. | 很有趣 |
[55:51] | He is, uh… | 他 呃 |
[55:55] | …green. | 缺乏经验 |
[55:58] | He’s very green. | 他才初出茅庐 |
[56:02] | And you told him “no”? | 那你跟他说不了吗 |
[56:06] | I told him I would help with the, uh… | 我告诉他我会帮忙 |
[56:11] | with the search. | 寻找副总统 |
[56:27] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[56:31] | -I can tell you’re thinking. -Mm-hmm. | -我知道你在想东西 -嗯 |
[56:40] | What was Dick Cheney thinking… | 迪克·切尼在想什么呢 |
[56:43] | I’m thinking I’ve never seen anything like this. | 我在想我从没见过这样的情况 |
[56:46] | …after his first meeting with George W.? | 在他和乔治的第一次会面之后 |
[56:49] | We’ve had a lot of successes, Dick. | 我们已经取得了很多成功 迪克 |
[56:55] | And the vice president is a nothing job. | 副总统只是一个无足轻重的工作 |
[56:58] | How many steps ahead was he looking? | 他向前看了多少步呢 |
[57:02] | How did he feel about the opportunity | 他对在他眼前的这个机会 |
[57:05] | that was in front of him? | 作何感想 |
[57:08] | There are certain moments | 有些时光 |
[57:11] | so delicate… | 如此脆弱 |
[57:14] | like a teacup and saucer… | 就像一个茶杯和茶碟 |
[57:20] | …stacked on a teacup and saucer | 堆叠在一个茶杯和茶碟之上 |
[57:24] | on a teacup and saucer… | 另一个茶杯和茶碟继续堆叠 |
[57:27] | Can you change, or am I wasting… | 你能改变吗 还是说我在白费心思 |
[57:31] | …and on and on… | 不断地堆叠 |
[57:39] | that this moment could fall in any direction… | 这一刻可能会朝任何方向坠落 |
[57:43] | and change everything. | 从而改变一切 |
[57:48] | Sadly, there’s no real way | 可悲的是 没有任何办法 |
[57:50] | to know exactly what was going on | 知道在在这个历史变迁的时刻 |
[57:52] | inside the Cheneys… | 切尼的家里 |
[57:54] | …at this history-changing moment. | 到底发生了什么事情 |
[57:56] | We can’t just snap into a Shakespearean soliloquy | 我们不能突然陷入莎士比亚式的独白 |
[58:00] | that dramatizes every feeling and motivation. | 这使每一种感觉和动机都变得戏剧化 |
[58:04] | That’s just not the way the world works. | 这不是世界运作的方式 |
[58:13] | My sweet Richard. | 我亲爱的理查德 |
[58:15] | Dance’d nimbly round the king’s hearth thou hath. | 你在国王的壁炉边跳舞 跳得很快 |
[58:18] | Even whilst clamored I for more, more! | 即使我大声喊着要更多 更多 |
[58:22] | -Mm. -Parched maw craned towards | -嗯 -干裂的嘴唇碰向水滴 |
[58:24] | the drip, drip of imagined waters. | 想象中的水滴 |
[58:28] | But I say to you now, rest, retire. | 但我现在要对你说 休息吧 退休吧 |
[58:32] | Thou hast honored thy vows to wife and crown. | 你已经履行了你对妻子和王冠的誓言 |
[58:38] | Has blindness usurped vision in you, my wife? | 盲目遮挡了你的视野吗 我的妻子 |
[58:44] | No mere treaty is our union. | 我们的联盟不仅仅是条约 |
[58:48] | Thou shared thy torch’s flame with mine. | 你与我分享你的火炬之火 |
[58:50] | Revealing halls and spires… | 向我展示那些早已消亡的帝国 |
[58:54] | …of long faded empires. | 的大厅和尖塔 |
[58:56] | And now, I may hold aloft | 现在 我可以高举 |
[59:00] | mine own fiery cresset. | 我自己的火炬 |
[59:05] | And make flesh our bond of power. | 使肉身成为我们的力量纽带 |
[59:09] | Dare I? | 我敢吗 |
[59:12] | Dare I let hope’s beak place gathered bramble | 我敢让承载希望的鸟儿们收集荆棘树枝 |
[59:14] | upon my heart for future’s nest? | 置于我的心上建筑未来的巢吗 |
[59:17] | Many winters past hath I let this hope die, | 多少冬天已过 我已经让希望消逝 |
[59:21] | cruel winds silencing tiny birds’ needy cries. | 冷风平息了鸟儿们求助的哭声 |
[59:25] | Now that it hath arrived, I say yea. | 既然如今希望来了 我说是的 |
[59:27] | Yea. | 赞成 |
[59:30] | Mine own blood and will are yours | 我的血和意志是你的 |
[59:34] | ’til pierced be | 直到被刺穿的是 |
[59:36] | the last soldier’s breastplate, | 最后一个士兵的胸甲 |
[59:38] | spilling forth its ruby jelly treasures. | 随之溢出深红色胶质般的珍宝 |
[59:51] | So? | 所以呢 |
[59:53] | So I think we, uh, proceed. | 所以我想我们 呃 继续 |
[59:58] | What about Mary? | 玛丽呢 |
[59:59] | Mmm. It’s VP. | 嗯 这是副总统 |
[1:00:03] | Not the same scrutiny. | 审查机制不相同 |
[1:00:06] | No. He has allies, Dick. Connections. | 不 他有盟友 迪克 他的关系网络 |
[1:00:10] | You’re new to his world. You don’t know the landscape. | 你对他的世界不熟悉 你不知道实际情况 |
[1:00:18] | Well, I had better conduct a very thorough search. | 那我最好进行一次彻底的搜查 |
[1:00:24] | Every stone, hell, every grain of sand | 每一块石头 每一粒沙子 |
[1:00:28] | needs to be looked under for this questionnaire. | 都需要在这份问卷中认真地审阅 |
[1:00:30] | Dick, we’re asking for all financials, | 迪克 我们需要所有的财务报告 |
[1:00:33] | all medical, all interviews, | 所有的医疗记录 所有的面谈资料 |
[1:00:35] | press, writings, all legal records… | 新闻 著述 所有的法律记录 |
[1:00:37] | Sometimes people use LLCs to hide certain monies. | 有时人们用有限责任公司来隐瞒某些钱 |
[1:00:40] | And? | 还有呢 |
[1:00:41] | Any more comprehensive | 如果要再全面一点的话 |
[1:00:42] | and we would need a rubber glove. | 我们需要一只橡胶手套 |
[1:00:44] | Sorry, Liz. | 对不起 莉兹 |
[1:00:45] | That wasn’t offensive. | 那不属于冒犯 |
[1:00:46] | Should I be offended? | 我应该觉得被冒犯吗 |
[1:00:47] | Well, I’m offended. | 好吧 我被冒犯了 |
[1:00:49] | Dave didn’t worry if I’d be offended. | 戴维不担心我是否会被冒犯 |
[1:00:50] | Oh, a rubber glove, like a proctology exam. | 哦 一只橡胶手套 像是直肠检查 |
[1:00:53] | That’s, that’s disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[1:00:55] | Hello? Oh, hello… | 你好 哦 你好 |
[1:00:59] | Dad, I’m taking the cheese off your pizza. | 爸爸 我要拿走你披萨上的奶酪 |
[1:01:01] | -Honey? -CHENEY: Mmm? | -亲爱的 -谁 |
[1:01:04] | Dave. | 戴维 |
[1:01:05] | David. Thoughts? | 戴维 有什么想法吗 |
[1:01:06] | One. A big one. | 有一个 而且是很有用的 |
[1:01:10] | David Addington, Dick’s main legal advisor | 戴维·阿丁顿 迪克的主要法律顾问 |
[1:01:13] | and a huge believer in the unitary executive theory. | 是统一执行理论的坚定信仰者 |
[1:01:17] | He was known for telling people to their face | 他以当面告诉别人 |
[1:01:19] | that they’re stupid. | 他们很蠢而闻名 |
[1:01:21] | So the, uh, vice presidency is part of the executive branch. | 首先副总统是行政部门的一部分 |
[1:01:24] | And because the VP casts | 而且因为副总统享有 |
[1:01:26] | tie-breaking votes in the Senate, | 打破参议院的平局的投票权 |
[1:01:28] | also part of the legislative branch, right? | 所以他也是立法部门的一部分 对吧 |
[1:01:31] | Right. | 正确的 |
[1:01:32] | That means… | 那意味着 |
[1:01:34] | the VP is also | 副总统不属于 |
[1:01:35] | not part of the executive or the legislative. | 行政或立法机关的一部分 |
[1:01:40] | So, | 所以 |
[1:01:41] | one could argue that, uh… | 有人可能会说 |
[1:01:44] | neither branch | 这两个部门都没有权力 |
[1:01:46] | has oversight of the VP. | 监督副总统 |
[1:01:49] | Not only could one argue that, I’m arguing it. | 不仅有人会证明这一点 我也在努力证明 |
[1:01:53] | That’s brilliant, David. | 太棒了 David |
[1:01:55] | I know. Right? | 我明白 对吗 |
[1:01:57] | Karl Rove wanted me to buy this ranch, | Karl Rove想让我买下这个农场 |
[1:02:01] | distance myself from my years at Yale and Harvard, | 远离我在耶鲁和哈佛的岁月 |
[1:02:04] | make me more of a man of the people for the election. | 让我在选举中更像一个普通人 |
[1:02:06] | Mmm. Smart. | 嗯 很明智 |
[1:02:12] | So we gonna do this thing or what? I mean, is this happening? | 所以我们要这样做吗 我是说这是真的吗 |
[1:02:15] | We, uh, have found some very interesting candidates. | 我们找到了一些非常有趣的候选人 |
[1:02:21] | Um, if we could schedule | 如果我们能安排出 |
[1:02:23] | a three-hour window to get through… | 三小时的时间去选出合适人选 |
[1:02:26] | I meant you. I want you to be my VP. | 我是指你 我要你做我的副总裁 |
[1:02:30] | -You’re the solution to my problems. -No. | -你是解决我问题的最佳人选 -不 |
[1:02:32] | I’m CEO of a large company. | 我是一家大公司的首席执行官 |
[1:02:35] | I have been, uh, Secretary of Defense. | 我曾担任过国防部长 |
[1:02:40] | I have been Chief of Staff. | 我担任过参谋长 |
[1:02:42] | Uh, the vice presidency is mostly a symbolic job. | 而副总统主要是个象征性的工作 |
[1:02:47] | Right, right. | 对 对 |
[1:02:49] | I can see how that wouldn’t be, uh… | 我知道这对你来说不会 |
[1:02:52] | enticing to you. | 有什么诱惑 |
[1:02:54] | However… | 然而 |
[1:02:58] | the vice presidency is also defined by the president. | 副总统也是由总统去定义的 |
[1:03:04] | And if we were to come to a, uh… | 如果我们能够有 |
[1:03:07] | …different understanding… | 不同的理解 |
[1:03:10] | Uh-huh. Go on. | 嗯 继续 |
[1:03:13] | I’m listenin’. | 我听着 |
[1:03:16] | I sense that, uh, you’re a kinetic leader. | 我觉得 你是一个有活力的领导者 |
[1:03:21] | You make decisions based on instinct. | 你根据直觉做出决定 |
[1:03:24] | I am. People always said that. | 我是这样的 人们总是这么说 |
[1:03:26] | Yeah, yeah. Very different. | 是的 是的 非常不同 |
[1:03:28] | Very different from, uh, | 非常不同于 |
[1:03:30] | from your father in that regard. | 你的父亲在这方面的表现 |
[1:03:34] | Now, maybe I can, uh, | 现在 也许我可以 |
[1:03:36] | handle some of the more mundane jobs. | 处理一些比较单调的工作 |
[1:03:39] | Overseeing bureaucracy, | 例如监督官僚主义 |
[1:03:42] | managing military, | 管理军队 |
[1:03:44] | uh, energy, uh, foreign policy. | 能源 外交政策 |
[1:03:53] | That sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[1:03:58] | Never wanna be the kind of team owner | 永远不想成为那种 |
[1:04:00] | that, uh, pulls the starter in the fourth inning. | 在第四局拉起首发的团队负责人 |
[1:04:04] | -Mm-hmm. -That’s the manager’s job. | -嗯 -那是经理的工作 |
[1:04:09] | One more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[1:04:12] | My daughter, Mary. | 我女儿 Mary |
[1:04:15] | Right. Rove told me she likes girls. | 是的 Rove告诉我她喜欢女孩 |
[1:04:18] | Now, I know you have to, uh, run against, uh, | 现在 我知道你必须反对 |
[1:04:22] | gay marriage in the South, Midwest, and, uh… | 在南部和中西部的同性恋婚姻 |
[1:04:27] | But it’s my daughter, | 但这是我女儿 |
[1:04:29] | and that line is drawn in concrete. | 这种界线就像是用混凝土画的一样 |
[1:04:32] | Don’t you say another word. | 别再说了 |
[1:04:35] | So long as you don’t mind us pushing that messaging, | 只要你不介意我们推广这些信息 |
[1:04:37] | we’re okay with you sittin’ that one out. | 你对此置身事外我们没有意见 |
[1:04:39] | I think it’s important for all the… | 我认为这对世界上所有的 |
[1:04:41] | all the Marys in the world, you know? | 所有像Mray一样的人都很重要 你明白吗 |
[1:04:45] | No problemo. We got a deal? | 没问题 我们达成协议了吗 |
[1:04:48] | Then I believe this could work. | 我相信这是可行的 |
[1:04:51] | Hot damn! | 太好了 |
[1:04:53] | Yeah. Well, good. Hey… | 是啊 很好 嘿 |
[1:04:57] | Secretary Cheney visited me and Laura | Cheney秘书探望了我和Laura |
[1:04:59] | at our ranch in Crawford, Texas… | 到我们在Texas的Crawford的农场 |
[1:05:01] | -Cheers. -Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[1:05:04] | I realized the best choice was standing by my side. | 我意识到最好的选择就站在我身边 |
[1:05:09] | Please welcome my friend | 请欢迎我的朋友 |
[1:05:11] | and my running mate Dick Cheney… | 我的竞选伙伴Dick Cheney |
[1:05:19] | …and his lovely wife Lynne. | 还有他美丽的妻子Lynne |
[1:05:21] | Dick never filled out | Dick从未填写过 |
[1:05:23] | his own 83-question questionnaire. | 他自己的83道题的问卷 |
[1:05:25] | Full medical records were never handed over. | 所有的病历从未移交 |
[1:05:28] | No tax or corporate filings. Nothing. | 无税务或公司备案 没有什么 |
[1:05:32] | Cheney Cheney Cheney Cheney! Cheney! Cheney! | |
[1:05:35] | Cheney Cheney Cheney! Cheney! | |
[1:05:37] | To reach more of his senior aides | 再多联系一些他的高级助理 |
[1:05:38] | to find out reasons. | 去找出原因 |
[1:05:40] | But we were told when he came over, | 但他来的时候我们已经被告知 |
[1:05:41] | he had already called Governor Bush, | 他已经给Bush州长打过电话了 |
[1:05:43] | he had wished him well, and that | 他祝他一切顺利 而且 |
[1:05:44] | he would deliver a brief concession speech here tonight. | 他今晚将在这里发表一个简短的败选声明 |
[1:05:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:05:47] | I think we’re all sitting around | 我想我们都围坐着 |
[1:05:48] | wondering what it is that, uh, | 不知道怎么了 |
[1:05:50] | -he may be doing backstage. -They just keep going on and on. | -他或许在后台 – 他们只是不断地前进 |
[1:05:52] | Gore rescinded his concession. | 戈尔撤回了他的败选声明 |
[1:05:57] | They’re claiming Florida is too close to call. | 他们声称Florida难分胜负 |
[1:06:02] | He can’t fucking rescind his concession. | 他他妈的不能撤回败选声明 |
[1:06:05] | He just did. | 他已经做了 |
[1:06:07] | The Russians are loving this. | 俄国人会喜欢这个 |
[1:06:08] | There’s gonna be a recount, so… | 会重新记票 所以 |
[1:06:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:06:12] | What should we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[1:06:14] | We play it like we’ve already won. | 我们需要表现的像已经赢了一样 |
[1:06:18] | Which means we need to staff the White House. | 这意味着我们需要向安排人员入驻白宫 |
[1:06:23] | All right. Who’s leading the transition team? | 好的 谁将领导临时过渡小组 |
[1:06:26] | I’ll do it. | 我来做 |
[1:06:29] | That’s not something a vice president really does, is it? | 这不是副总统做的事情 对吧 |
[1:06:33] | Vice President Gore has called Governor Bush | 副总统Gore已经给Bush州长打电话了 |
[1:06:36] | and retracted his concession, | 收回了他的败选声明 |
[1:06:39] | because he is now… | 因为他现在 |
[1:06:41] | What? -…of the mind that things could be turning yet again in Florida. | 什么 – 认为弗罗里达州的事情会再有转机 |
[1:06:45] | You can’t do that! | 你不能那样做 |
[1:06:46] | I mean, that’s laughable. | 我是说 那太可笑了 |
[1:06:50] | Uh, Wolfowitz. | 沃尔福威茨 |
[1:06:53] | -State… -Mmm. | – 国会 – 嗯 |
[1:06:55] | …or Pentagon? | 还是五角大厦 |
[1:06:56] | Depends on who your Secretary of Defense is. | 取决于你的国防部长是谁 |
[1:06:59] | Rummy. -Hundred percent. | Rummy – 百分之百 |
[1:07:00] | -Mm-hmm. -Rumsfeld? | -嗯 – 拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[1:07:02] | Uh, doesn’t Bush Senior hate Rummy? | 呃 老布什不是恨Rummy吗 |
[1:07:04] | Not such a bad thing with W. | 对W来说并没那么糟糕 |
[1:07:05] | He wants to be his own man. | 他想要的是自己人 |
[1:07:08] | Rumsfeld believes in a robust executive. | 拉姆斯菲尔德支持强权 |
[1:07:10] | That’s good for us on war powers. | 这对我们的战争实力有好处 |
[1:07:12] | Just keep him out of State, he’ll start World War III. | 别让他进入状态 他会发动第三次世界大战的 |
[1:07:14] | Look. | 看 |
[1:07:16] | Halliburton just gave us a $26 million exit package. | 哈里伯顿刚刚给了我们2600万美元的撤离礼包 |
[1:07:21] | Twice what we expected. | 是我们预期的两倍 |
[1:07:23] | They’re no dummies. | 他们不是傻瓜 |
[1:07:27] | Uh, sorry, gang. | 呃 对不起 伙计 |
[1:07:32] | Think, uh, perhaps I should go to the hospital. | 我想 也许 我该去医院 |
[1:07:37] | Oh, my God. Are you kidding me? Oh, come on. | 噢 老天 你在开玩笑吧 哦 快来 |
[1:07:43] | All persons having business with the Honorable, the Supreme Court of the United States | 所有与美国最高法院相关人员 |
[1:07:47] | are admonished to draw near and give their attention, | 请注意 |
[1:07:50] | for the Court is now sitting. | 法庭现在开庭 |
[1:07:52] | God bless the United States and… | 上帝保佑美国 |
[1:07:54] | December 12th, 2000. Antonin Scalia, remember him, | 2000年12月12日 斯卡利亚·安东尼 记住他 |
[1:07:59] | and the Supreme Court stopped the state of Florida | 以及最高法院阻止了佛罗里达州 |
[1:08:01] | from completing their recount. | 重新计票的提案 |
[1:08:03] | God save the United States | 上帝拯救美国 |
[1:08:05] | George W. Bush and Dick Cheney | 乔治·沃克·布什 和 迪克·切尼 |
[1:08:07] | were going to the White House by a margin of 537 votes. | 以537票的优势进入白宫 |
[1:08:57] | Hey. Hey, little Mary Claire. | 玛丽·克莱尔 |
[1:09:00] | Hey, little Mary. My little Mary. | 小玛丽 我的小玛丽 |
[1:09:03] | Hey, what are you doing? What are you doing? Hmm? | 嘿 你在做什么 你在做什么呢 |
[1:09:11] | Oh, they’re both doing really well. | 哦 他们都很好 |
[1:09:13] | Except, I’m trying to make this dinner. | 除了 我正在试着做晚餐 |
[1:09:15] | And it’s, uh… | 是 |
[1:09:17] | it’s this macaroni and cheese | 是通心粉和奶酪 |
[1:09:19] | that you said was easy | 你说很简单的 |
[1:09:21] | but it keeps just coming out like a little watery. | 但它总是像水一样流出来 |
[1:09:25] | It’s the milk. Remember? | 是牛奶 记得吗 |
[1:09:26] | You gotta add more milk. | 你需要再加些牛奶 |
[1:09:28] | Yeah. It’ll get thicker. | 嗯 它就会变稠的 |
[1:09:31] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[1:09:33] | I am. It’s much better when you use the milk. | 我是 你用牛奶更好 |
[1:09:35] | There’s just so much, so much I want to say right now, | 我有太多太多话想现在和你说 |
[1:09:38] | and just, you keep doing what you’re doing. | 但 你总是忙你的事情 |
[1:09:40] | You’re doing so great. | 你做得很棒 |
[1:09:45] | You have earned something very special from your wife. | 你对你妻子来说非常特别 |
[1:09:48] | Listen, listen, listen. | 听着 听着 听着 |
[1:09:51] | I’m buying wine, and I’m picking something up. | 我买了红酒 我还学了一些 |
[1:09:54] | Chinese? | 中文 |
[1:09:57] | Okay, I really love you. | 好的 我爱你 |
[1:10:01] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:10:13] | Good morning to you too. | 早上好 |
[1:10:15] | We’ve met a few times. | 我们见过几次 |
[1:10:16] | -It’s nice to see you. -Yes. | – 很高兴见到你 – 是的 |
[1:10:17] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:10:18] | All right. Let’s… | 好的 让我们 |
[1:10:19] | All right. Let’s get this thing underway. | 好的 我们开始吧 |
[1:10:21] | Scooter, why don’t you let everyone know | 斯科特 你为什么不让大家都知道 |
[1:10:23] | the, um, lay of the land? | 现在的情况呢 |
[1:10:25] | Of course. As you all know, | 当然 如你所知 |
[1:10:26] | I am Scooter Libby, | 我是斯科特·利比 |
[1:10:28] | Dick’s Chief of Staff. | 迪克的参谋长 |
[1:10:30] | Uh, I’m also his national security advisor | 我也是他的国家安全顾问 |
[1:10:33] | and a special advisor to the president. | 以及总统的特别顾问 |
[1:10:35] | Technically, Scooter outranks any of Bush’s people. | 严格意义讲 斯科特比布什的人都好 |
[1:10:39] | Mary Matalin will serve as counselor to the VP | 玛丽·玛特琳将担任副总统的顾问 |
[1:10:42] | and assistant to Bush. | 以及布什的助手 |
[1:10:44] | David Addington, | 戴维·阿丁顿 |
[1:10:46] | Dick’s main legal counsel, | 迪克的主要法律顾问 |
[1:10:47] | will play center field on all matters relating to executive power. | 将在行政权有关所有问题上发挥核心作用 |
[1:10:52] | The president has Alberto Gonzales, | 总统的团队有Alberto Gonzales |
[1:10:56] | Karl Rove, Karen Hughes as his team. | 卡尔漫游凯伦休斯 |
[1:11:00] | Quite frankly, Gonzales has no clue. | 坦白说 冈萨雷斯根本不知道 |
[1:11:03] | Um… Rove is a hack. | Rove是个黑客 |
[1:11:06] | Hughes should be in double-A ball. | 休斯应该在双A球 |
[1:11:09] | So we will have fairly unobstructed access | 所以我们可以畅通无阻地进入 |
[1:11:12] | to the Oval Office. | 去美国总统办公室 |
[1:11:15] | We will be automatically | 我们都会自动的 |
[1:11:17] | Bcc’d on all e-mails that the president receives or sends, | 被秘密抄送所有总统接收或发送电子邮件 |
[1:11:21] | as well as have access to his schedule the second that it is set or changed. | 及第一时间收到它新创立及更新的行程 |
[1:11:27] | And we will also be receiving the daily intelligence briefing before the president. | 我们也会比总统先收到每日情报简报 |
[1:11:32] | That gets us inside the decision curve. | 这能让我们参与决策 |
[1:11:34] | Which we’ll actually be reading. | 我们实际读到的东西 |
[1:11:37] | Bush approved all of this? | 布什批准了所有这些 |
[1:11:39] | Mmm, we have, uh, | 我们 |
[1:11:42] | an understanding. | 这么理解 |
[1:11:43] | What about the e-mails? | 那邮件呢 |
[1:11:44] | Paper shredders don’t work for e-mails. | 碎纸机不能处理电子邮件 |
[1:11:46] | The entire administration will run off | 整个行政部门都不会知道 |
[1:11:48] | the RNC’s private server. | 皇家海军学院的专用服务器 |
[1:11:50] | And we’ve deactivated automatic archiving. | 我们已经停用了自动存档 |
[1:11:53] | We’re clean. | 我们不会有问题 |
[1:11:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:11:56] | So over at the Pentagon, we got Don, | 所以在五角大楼 我们有Don |
[1:11:59] | Paul Wolfowitz, | 保罗·沃尔福威茨 |
[1:12:01] | who worked with Team B in the Ford days, | 谁再福特时代和B队一起工作 |
[1:12:03] | Deputy Secretary of Defense. | 国防部副部长 |
[1:12:05] | Let’s check, | 让我们检查一下 |
[1:12:06] | see what plans they had to invade Iraq. | 看他们采取什么计划去进攻伊拉克 |
[1:12:10] | It’s already in the works. | 已经在做了 |
[1:12:12] | Got Ashcroft over at the DOJ. | 去司法部找到Ashcroft |
[1:12:15] | State seems to be the only tricky department. | 国务院似乎是唯一棘手的部门 |
[1:12:17] | That’s Colin Powell, his guy Lawrence Wilkerson. | 那是科林·鲍威尔和劳伦斯·威尔克森. |
[1:12:21] | Colin Powell, who never met a camera he didn’t like. | 科林·鲍威尔他喜欢镜头 |
[1:12:23] | Wilkerson’s a true believer. | 威尔克森的信奉者 |
[1:12:24] | We’ve got Bolton over there. | 我们需要博尔顿 |
[1:12:26] | He’s a loose cannon, but he’s loyal. | 他不好管 不过他很忠诚 |
[1:12:27] | Mmm. I wanna get Liz in there as well. | 我还想要Liz |
[1:12:30] | Let’s make sure that happens. | 要确保一切 |
[1:12:31] | -Okay, Dad. -Consider it done. | -好的 爸爸 – 我会完成使命的 |
[1:12:33] | And this list of, uh, our people | 这是我们的人员名单 |
[1:12:37] | does not include about 800 others, | 不包括其它的800多人 |
[1:12:39] | uh, lobbyists, industry insiders | 呃 说客 业内人士 |
[1:12:42] | that we placed in the regulatory jobs. | 我们放在监管方面的人 |
[1:12:45] | What about Bush’s friends? | 布什的朋友怎么办 |
[1:12:46] | Ridge? Pataki? Thompson? | 岭柏·德基·汤普森 |
[1:12:48] | I haven’t heard their names. | 我没听到他们的名字 |
[1:12:49] | They were not, um, offered jobs in this administration,uh, at this time. | 他们不在这次在管理层里 |
[1:12:55] | Not offered jobs at this time? | 这次没有委派吗 |
[1:12:57] | Are you even more ruthless than you used to be there, Dick? | 比以前更冷酷无情了吗 Dick |
[1:13:00] | Or are you just not getting laid? | 还是你只是欲求不满 |
[1:13:07] | All right, moving on. | 好吧 继续 |
[1:13:08] | Um, got Paul O’Neill. | 找到保罗·奥尼尔 |
[1:13:15] | You haven’t been here in over twenty years. | 你已经20多年没来了 |
[1:13:18] | Times have changed. | 时代已经不同了 |
[1:13:19] | The, uh, softer touch, | 很不错 |
[1:13:21] | that’s the norm now. | 这是现在的常态 |
[1:13:23] | We have the conservative TV and radio | 我们电视和广播都很保守 |
[1:13:27] | -doing the yelling for us. -Mm-hmm. | – 为我们呐喊 – 嗯 |
[1:13:30] | Is your old friend embarrassing you? | 你的老朋友让你难堪吗 |
[1:13:31] | Is that it, Dick? | 有吗 迪克 |
[1:13:36] | Soft touch. That’s all. | 还不错 就这样 |
[1:13:39] | All right, I have to go to my office at the House of Representatives. | 好吧 我得去我众议院的办公室了 |
[1:13:41] | You mean the Senate? | 你是说参议院 |
[1:13:43] | Vice president, tiebreaker in the Senate. | 副总统 决胜参议院 |
[1:13:46] | Nope, I mean the House. | 不 我指白宫 |
[1:13:49] | Dick Cheney had used an old connection | 迪克·切尼利用旧交 |
[1:13:51] | with former wrestling coach | 向前摔跤教练 |
[1:13:53] | and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert | 众议院议长丹尼斯·哈斯特 |
[1:13:55] | to get an office at the House of Representatives. | 在众议院设立一个办公室 |
[1:13:57] | The House is where revenue bills originate, | 白宫是一切信息的来源 |
[1:14:00] | and he wanted to be near the money faucet. | 他想靠近源头 |
[1:14:02] | Hey, Dick. Will this work for you? | 嘿 迪克 这对你有用吗 |
[1:14:06] | Two more offices in the Senate. | 参议院还有两个办公室 |
[1:14:09] | Hey, Dick, I found this extra office. | 嘿 迪克 我找到了这个额外的办公室 |
[1:14:12] | I hope it works for you. | 我希望它对你有用 |
[1:14:13] | And one in the Pentagon. | 一个在五角大楼 |
[1:14:15] | Welcome to your new home away from home. | 欢迎来到家外家 |
[1:14:18] | I got you a little housewarming gift. | 我给你一个小小的乔迁礼物 |
[1:14:21] | And later, when Cheney needed intelligence to invade Iraq, | 随后 当切尼需要入侵伊拉克的情报 |
[1:14:25] | a conference room at the CIA. | 一个中央情报局的会议室 |
[1:14:27] | This room is soundproof and secure. | 这个房间隔音而且安全 |
[1:14:31] | Cheney was everywhere. | 切尼无所不在 |
[1:14:33] | But the most powerful place in all of D.C. | 但整个华盛顿最富权力的地方是 |
[1:14:35] | was a nondescript conference room | 在一个难以形容的会议室 |
[1:14:38] | at a relatively new think tank | 它有很新的智囊团 |
[1:14:40] | called Americans for Tax Reform. | 呼吁美国人进行税收改革 |
[1:14:42] | Grover Norquist ran the anti-tax group | 格罗弗·诺奎斯特负责反税收组织 |
[1:14:45] | with huge funding from the Koch brothers network, | 有了科赫兄弟网络的巨额资金 |
[1:14:48] | big oil, and big tobacco. | 石油以及烟草 |
[1:14:52] | His “Wednesday meeting,” | 星期三会议 |
[1:14:53] | as it was called, | 正如它的名字 |
[1:14:54] | had become the center of the Republican world. | 它已经成为共和党世界的中心 |
[1:14:59] | Let’s go ahead and start with the estate tax. | 我们从不动产税开始吧 |
[1:15:04] | Now, this has been hard to eliminate, | 现在已经很难消除 |
[1:15:06] | because the tax only affects those estates worth over two million. | 因为税收只影响价值超过200万的房产 |
[1:15:11] | But we’ve made strides, | 但我们已经取得了进展 |
[1:15:14] | and marketing guru Frank Luntz is here to help. | 营销大师Frank Luntz也来帮忙 |
[1:15:23] | Hello, all. | 大家好 |
[1:15:25] | Getting regular people to support cutting taxes on the very wealthy | 让普通人支持对非常富有的人减税 |
[1:15:30] | has always been extremely hard. | 一直都是非常困难的 |
[1:15:32] | We’ve had some success in the past, | 我们过去取得了一些成功 |
[1:15:35] | but the estate tax has always been very difficult. | 但不动产税一直很难征收 |
[1:15:38] | However… | 然而 |
[1:15:41] | I think we may have had a breakthrough. | 我想我们可能有了一个突破 |
[1:15:44] | Now, the estate tax kicks in | 现在 不动产税开始了 |
[1:15:47] | on anyone inheriting over two million dollars. | 任何继承了两百万美元的人 |
[1:15:51] | How many of you have a problem with that? | 你们中有多少人对有这样问题 |
[1:15:55] | Okay. How many of you would have | 可以 你们中有多少人 |
[1:15:56] | How many of you have a problem with something called | 你们当中对遗产税有疑问的 |
[1:15:58] | a death tax? | 又有多少人 |
[1:16:05] | Instead of global warming, | 不再提全球变暖这个名字 |
[1:16:08] | which we all agree sounds very scary… | 我们都承认这名字听起来很可怕 |
[1:16:13] | we call it | 所以我们叫它 |
[1:16:15] | climate change. | 气候变化 |
[1:16:16] | Folks, the government | 各位 政府 |
[1:16:17] | is taking your money after you die. | 在你死去后拿走你的钱财 |
[1:16:20] | Now, we all know the Democrats | 现在 我们都熟知民主党人 |
[1:16:21] | despise tax cuts, especially for the rich. | 鄙视减税 尤其是对富人的减税 |
[1:16:22] | I want somebody to get rid | 我想要有人能废除掉 |
[1:16:24] | of the death tax, that’s what I want. | 遗产税 那就是我们想要的 |
[1:16:26] | I don’t want to get taxed just ’cause I die. | 我不想因为死去而被征税 |
[1:16:27] | I mean, give me a break! | 我是说 给我一个安眠好吧 |
[1:16:29] | If I give something to my kid, I already paid the tax. | 如果我要送我的孩子东西 我已经付过税了 |
[1:16:31] | Why I gotta pay again ’cause I died? | 为什么我死了要再付一道税 |
[1:16:32] | It’s like being chastised! I hate it. | 就像被惩罚一样 我讨厌它 |
[1:16:33] | The death tax has to go. | 遗产税必须取消 |
[1:16:35] | The elite liberals in Washington would tax us | 华盛顿的自由主义精英们会向我们征税 |
[1:16:38] | for laughing or crying if they could. | 如果可以 他们甚至会征笑税和哭税 |
[1:16:40] | So, with one of the biggest media | 所以 和最大的媒体之一 |
[1:16:42] | and political machines ever created behind him, | 以及他背后的政治组织 |
[1:16:46] | Cheney was able to squash action on global warming, | 切尼能胜任应对全球变暖的政策 |
[1:16:50] | cut taxes for the super rich, | 为富豪们减税 |
[1:16:52] | and gut regulations for massive corporations. | 然后加强大型企业的监管 |
[1:16:55] | And then there was Cheney’s | 然后这是切尼的 |
[1:16:57] | National Energy Policy Development Group. | 国家能源政策发展小组 |
[1:17:00] | His first major test to expand executive power. | 他第一次扩大行政权力的考验 |
[1:17:04] | I don’t understand what the goddamn problem is. | 我看不出他妈的问题出在哪里 |
[1:17:06] | I want to hear what the energy CEOs need, | 我想听听能源部总裁的声音 |
[1:17:07] | and I’m not allowed to? | 却不被允许 |
[1:17:09] | It’s called FACA. -The hell is FACA? | 他们把这个叫做FACA – 什么叫FACA |
[1:17:11] | It’s the Federal Advisory Committees Act. | 联邦咨询委员会法案 |
[1:17:13] | Congress got their panties in a bunch that, you know, | 国会总是喜欢捞取好处 你知道的 |
[1:17:15] | elected officials would just let CEOs roll in | 当选官员只会让CEO们加入 |
[1:17:18] | and, you know, write the laws. | 你知道 编写法律 |
[1:17:22] | The act demands that, uh, | 法案要求 呃 |
[1:17:24] | appropriate government employees be present. | 有适合的政府官员出席 |
[1:17:28] | Hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[1:17:31] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[1:17:33] | Doug. | 道格 |
[1:17:35] | Doug, how long have you been working reception | 道格 你在能源部接待处工作多久了 |
[1:17:38] | at the Department of Energy? | 在能源部吗 |
[1:17:40] | Three months. | 三个月了 |
[1:17:42] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[1:17:47] | So what am I supposed to do here? | 那么我在这里应该做什么呢 |
[1:17:49] | Just sit there and be quiet. | 只需要坐在那里然后闭上嘴 |
[1:17:52] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[1:17:57] | – Gentlemen. -Hello. | -先生们 -你们好 |
[1:18:00] | Hello… | 你好啊 |
[1:18:04] | How’s your business at… | 你们那边生意怎么样 |
[1:18:06] | We’re good. Our stock… | 一切顺利 我们的股票 |
[1:18:09] | And California has been really… | 加利福利亚州十分 |
[1:18:12] | Great to hear. | 很高兴听到 |
[1:18:15] | Oh. He’s with the energy department. | 哦 他是能源部的人 |
[1:18:22] | The details of Cheney’s meetings | 在切尼的会议上 |
[1:18:24] | with the energy CEOs were never disclosed. | 和CEO们的会面细节从来没有被泄露 |
[1:18:27] | But a Freedom of Information request | 不过由于对信息调查的自由 |
[1:18:30] | did provide some documents, | 也提供了一些文件 |
[1:18:32] | including a map of Iraq’s oil fields | 包括伊拉克油田的地图 |
[1:18:34] | with all of the oil companies | 所有的石油公司 |
[1:18:36] | that would be interested in acquiring them | 都会想要购买它们 |
[1:18:38] | if somehow they were ever to become available. | 如果以某种方式让他们变得可交易 |
[1:18:45] | And then, it happened. | 然后 事情就发生了 |
[1:18:49] | Would you like to lower your monthly mortgage payments | 您想降低每月的抵押贷款金额吗? |
[1:18:52] | or use the equity in your home to consolidate | 或使用您家中的资产来偿还 |
[1:18:54] | your credit card or other debts? | 你的信用卡或者其他债务呢 |
[1:18:55] | Just log… | 只要注册 |
[1:18:57] | Yeah. This just in. | 是啊 这正好 |
[1:18:58] | You are looking at obviously | 很明显你在看 |
[1:19:00] | a very disturbing live shot there. | 一个非常令人不安的现场拍摄 |
[1:19:01] | That is the World Trade Center, | 那是世界贸易中心 |
[1:19:03] | and we have unconfirmed reports this morning | 今天早上我们有未经证实的报道 |
[1:19:06] | that a plane has crashed into one of the towers. | 一架飞机撞上了其中一座塔 |
[1:19:10] | It… it does not appear | 它 它目前 |
[1:19:11] | that there’s any kind of an effort up there yet. | 上面的情形现在还没有任何好转 |
[1:19:14] | Now, remember… Oh, my God. | 现在 记住 哦 我的上帝 |
[1:19:15] | Oh, God! -Dear God. | 哦 天哪 -我的上帝 |
[1:19:17] | That looks like a second plane. | 那个看起来像第二架飞机 |
[1:19:18] | Mr. Vice President, we have information | 副总裁先生 我们有消息 |
[1:19:20] | that a plane’s headed to the White House this moment. | 一架飞机马上正在飞向白宫 |
[1:19:22] | We have less than a minute to get to the secure underground bunker. | 我们只有不到一分钟的时间去安全的地下掩体 |
[1:19:24] | Let’s go! Move! | 快走 快走啊 |
[1:19:27] | Move! | 快走 |
[1:19:28] | Move! It’s clear! | 快走 这里没人了 |
[1:19:29] | Sir, this way. Right now. | 先生 这边 来了 |
[1:19:31] | Capitol is being evacuated, we’re told, | 收到消息称 国会大厦正在疏散 |
[1:19:33] | and clearly that shot that we have on our screen now, | 很明显我们现在在屏幕的那个镜头上 |
[1:19:35] | this is the Pentagon | 这是五角大楼 |
[1:19:37] | just across the river from Washington, D.C. | 就在华盛顿河对岸 |
[1:19:40] | You got to believe… | 你不得不相信 |
[1:19:41] | I need you to take me to Dick. | 我要你带我去见迪克 |
[1:19:42] | Mrs. Cheney, we cannot go back to the White House, | 切尼夫人 我们不能再回白宫 |
[1:19:45] | I am being told no one… | 他们通知我所有人不许去白宫 |
[1:19:46] | Either you take me to the White House… | 要么你带我去白宫 |
[1:19:57] | Author is on the move. Coming out. | 奥氏正在移动 出来了 |
[1:20:01] | …the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. | 世贸中心的双子塔 |
[1:20:04] | Have you gotten the Prime Minister yet? | 你联系上首相了吗 |
[1:20:06] | …headed directly into the World Trade Center. | 直接撞进世界贸易中心 |
[1:20:08] | It just flew into it. | 它飞进去了 |
[1:20:10] | Canada’s Prime Minister is on the phone. | 加拿大总理正在接打电话 |
[1:20:12] | That’s right, we got planes in the air | 是的 我们天上有几架飞机 |
[1:20:13] | and nowhere for them to land. | 并且没有地方给他们降落 |
[1:20:15] | Permission for them to land at Canadian airports, | 允许他们在加拿大机场降落 |
[1:20:18] | international flights into Newfoundland. | 是飞往纽芬兰的国际航班 |
[1:20:19] | I still have one plane unaccounted for | 我还有一架飞机下落不明 |
[1:20:21] | flying over Pennsylvania. | 飞越宾夕法尼亚州 |
[1:20:22] | Sir, Donald Rumsfeld | 先生 唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德 |
[1:20:23] | is at the Pentagon on line three. | 在五角大楼三号线 |
[1:20:24] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 嗯哼 |
[1:20:26] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[1:20:28] | You have authorization | 你有权 |
[1:20:30] | to shoot down any aircraft | 击落任何一架 |
[1:20:33] | deemed a threat. | 被视为威胁的飞机 |
[1:20:35] | Presidential authority? | 总统授权吗 |
[1:20:36] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[1:20:37] | All orders are UNODIR. | 所有命令 UNODIR |
[1:20:39] | “Unodir”, sir? | 除非另有指示 长官确定吗 |
[1:20:40] | Unless otherwise directed. | 除非另有指示 |
[1:20:42] | Mr. Vice President, are we sure these are | 副总统先生 您确定这 |
[1:20:44] | the proper rules of engagement? | 符合宪法规定吗 |
[1:20:46] | The country’s under attack, the ROE is fluid. | 国家正受到攻击 净资产收益率正在流动 |
[1:20:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:20:51] | Now, we don’t know exactly | 现在 我们不清楚 |
[1:20:52] | what the people in that room were thinking. | 房间里的人们在想什么 |
[1:20:55] | But it’s safe to assume | 但可以假设 |
[1:20:57] | that at least one person wondered why | 至少有一个人想知道为什么 |
[1:21:00] | in the midst of the most fateful day in American history | 在美国历史上最致命的一天之中 |
[1:21:04] | was Dick Cheney talking to his lawyer. | 是迪克·切尼在和他的律师谈话 |
[1:21:07] | And, um, what, um… | 还有 嗯 什么 嗯 |
[1:21:09] | -Mr. Vice President? -…authority will he need? | -副总裁先生 -他需要总统权利吗 |
[1:21:11] | So, start working on… | 所以 开始研究 |
[1:21:13] | Mr. Vice President? | 副总统先生 |
[1:21:15] | The congressional members you sent | 你派来的要去 |
[1:21:17] | to Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center | 气象山应急行动中心的国会议员 |
[1:21:18] | -wanna leave. -Nope. | – 想离开 – 不行 |
[1:21:21] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[1:21:22] | They’re not going anywhere. | 他们哪儿也不能去 |
[1:21:24] | Just, uh, tell them, um, we have all the helicopters. | 嗯 告诉他们 嗯 我们占用了所有的直升机 |
[1:21:29] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:21:32] | I’m sorry, that is a negative. | 很抱歉 请求拒绝 |
[1:21:33] | They are to remain where they are. | 他们要留在原地 |
[1:21:35] | There’s no helicopters available for evac. | 目前没有直升机可供撤离 |
[1:21:37] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[1:21:39] | If you would be so kind to relay that information. | 如果你愿意转达这些信息的话 |
[1:21:44] | Are we at war? | 我们在打仗吗 |
[1:21:47] | Yes, we are. | 是的 我们是 |
[1:21:48] | With whom? | 和谁 |
[1:22:02] | Depot street. | 德迫街 |
[1:22:04] | Truck pulling in across from Depot Street. | 从德迫街对面拉的卡车。 |
[1:22:11] | Unit 9-3. 0-3-15 negative. | 第9至3单元 0-3-15 没有人 |
[1:22:17] | 1-5-2-7, Brian. | 1-5-2-7 布瑞恩 |
[1:22:19] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[1:22:21] | We picked up chatter | 我们拿到了音频 |
[1:22:22] | from well-known Al-Qaeda operatives | 来自臭名远昭的基地组织成员 |
[1:22:24] | celebrating today’s attack. | 得知他们正在庆祝今天的袭击 |
[1:22:26] | We shouldn’t rule out Iraq. | 我们不应该排除伊拉克发动袭击的可能性 |
[1:22:27] | But what’s Al-Qaeda’s leader’s name? | 那么基地组织头目的名字叫什么 |
[1:22:29] | His name is Osama bin Laden. | 奥萨马·本·拉登 |
[1:22:32] | But this is clearly Al-Qaeda. | 但这显然是基地组织的袭击行动 |
[1:22:33] | I’ve been tracking their movements for years. | 多年来我一直在追踪他们的动向 |
[1:22:35] | Their fingerprints are all over this. | 到处都是他们的痕迹 |
[1:22:37] | Iraq has all the good targets. | 伊拉克的目标更多 |
[1:22:40] | Iraq has nothing to do with this, Don. | 伊拉克与这些事情无关 唐 |
[1:22:41] | Richard, you don’t know that for sure. | 理查德 你又不清楚 |
[1:22:43] | I do know that. | 我确实知道 |
[1:22:44] | Mr. President, if I may. | 总统先生 如果可以的话 |
[1:22:47] | Afghanistan is Al-Qaeda’s headquarters. | 阿富汗是基地组织的总部 |
[1:22:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:22:51] | And the CIA would be capable of taking out | 中情局有能力 |
[1:22:54] | the Taliban’s power structure. | 结构塔利班的权力组织 |
[1:22:56] | Yeah. All due respect, George, | 恕我直言 乔治 |
[1:22:58] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[1:22:59] | we are the Pentagon, | 我们为国家效力 |
[1:23:01] | and this is what we do. | 而这就是我们要做的 |
[1:23:02] | Don. | 唐 |
[1:23:15] | Okay. We’ll, uh, we’ll go with Tenet and the CIA. | 嗯 我们 呃 我们会让特内特和中情局一起去 |
[1:23:19] | I’ll make some calls to our allies. | 我会打电话给我们的盟友 |
[1:23:21] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[1:23:25] | I think, uh, given the current situation, Mr. President, | 我想 考虑到目前的情况 副总统先生 |
[1:23:29] | it is wise that we not be in the same location for COG | 我们最好不要变成COG的形式 |
[1:23:33] | Continuity of Government. | 政府的可持续运行 |
[1:23:37] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:23:40] | We gonna be all right on this, aren’t we? | 我们会没事的 不是吗 |
[1:23:43] | Yes, sir. Yes, we are. | 是的 没事 我们会的 |
[1:23:50] | Angler has taken off to an undisclosed location. | 垂钓者已于秘密位置起飞 |
[1:23:52] | I repeat, Angler is airborne. | 重复 垂钓者已升空 |
[1:23:54] | Angler? That’s the VP? | 垂钓者 副总统在里面吗 |
[1:23:57] | I thought only the president could land | 我以为只有总统才能 |
[1:23:58] | and take off from the south lawn. | 从南草坪降落和起飞 |
[1:24:00] | What can I tell you? | 我能说什么 |
[1:24:01] | Today’s fucked. | 今天糟透了 |
[1:24:27] | This intelligence has been edited, | 这份情报已被撰写 |
[1:24:30] | redacted, and reduced. | 并且编辑 裁剪 |
[1:24:33] | Mr. Vice President, usually we vet | 副总统先生 我们通常 |
[1:24:35] | the daily intelligence threat matrix | 审查每日情报威胁 |
[1:24:36] | to eliminate unreliable sources, non-players… | 来消除一些不可靠的情报 非本组织成员 |
[1:24:39] | Stop. Don’t you dare. | 闭嘴 你敢再跟我这么说 |
[1:24:44] | Give me a damn disquisition on what I cannot hear. | 就给我一篇说明 告诉我什么是我不能知道的 |
[1:24:46] | Mr. Vice President, | 副总统先生 |
[1:24:48] | a lot of this intelligence is not verified. | 这份情报的很多部分都没有得到证实 |
[1:24:51] | I’m gonna say this for the last time. | 我最后一次这么说 |
[1:24:52] | I want to hear everything | 我需要知道一切信息 |
[1:24:53] | every day, from now on. | 每天 从现在开始 |
[1:24:56] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:24:57] | Proceed. | 会议继续 |
[1:25:00] | We’re tracking the possibility of bio-attacks | 我们正在调查生物攻击的可能性 |
[1:25:02] | using Sarin gas, cowpox, Ebola. | 是否使用沙林气体 牛痘 埃博拉病毒 |
[1:25:05] | There was a post on a dark website | 在一个地下网站上有一个帖子 |
[1:25:10] | about mass beheadings in residential areas. | 提到关于居民区的集体斩首事件 |
[1:25:12] | Movie studios, museums, | 电影工作室 博物馆 |
[1:25:14] | subways, daycare centers may all be targets. | 地铁 日托中心都可能是目标 |
[1:25:17] | A source has told an asset | 有线人称 |
[1:25:18] | about fire-bombs targeting hospitals. | 会出现针对医院的炸弹攻击 |
[1:25:20] | A video was captured | 我们捕获了一段视频 |
[1:25:21] | describing televised executions | 内容为一段电视直播处决 |
[1:25:23] | interrupting American network TV. | 通过中断美国网络电视进行播放 |
[1:25:25] | Sporting events, tourist attractions, | 体育赛事 旅游景点 |
[1:25:27] | New Year’s celebrations, religious ceremonies, | 新年庆典 宗教仪式 |
[1:25:29] | are all hard targets. | 都是安全隐患目标 |
[1:25:31] | Machine-gun attacks at high-profile… | 机枪高调攻击 |
[1:25:32] | Biological agents inside… | 生物制剂植入 |
[1:25:34] | Coordinated fire-bombings | 协同火力轰炸位于 |
[1:25:35] | of commuter trains across North America. | 北美洲的通勤火车 |
[1:25:37] | Water filtration plants targeted with bio-weapons | 生物武器攻击目标为过滤性植物 |
[1:25:39] | and killing a million people. | 会杀死一百万人 |
[1:25:40] | A briefcase nuke | 公文包核武器 |
[1:25:42] | being driven into a major city and detonated. | 会被送到大城市然后被引爆 |
[1:25:44] | Airborne bio-weapons can be put | 机载生化武器可能会布置 |
[1:25:45] | into the air conditioning units | 大型购物中心或赌场的 |
[1:25:46] | of large shopping malls or casinos. | 空调机组里面 |
[1:25:49] | A beloved celebrity has been targeted | 一位受人喜爱的名人可能会 |
[1:25:51] | for kidnapping and possibly beheading,Phosphorus bombs, | 被绑架或者被斩首 或被磷弹炸死 |
[1:25:53] | chlorine attacks, mustard gas, cluster bombs… | 被氯气攻击 或被芥子气毒死 或被集束炸弹炸死 |
[1:26:04] | I’m scared, Dick. | 我很害怕 迪克 |
[1:26:14] | I’ll always take care of you, Lynne. | 我会永远照顾你的 琳恩 |
[1:26:17] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[1:26:22] | What are you going to do? | 你想怎么做 |
[1:27:04] | Move, move, move! | 快跑 快跑 快跑 |
[1:27:12] | So, while Powell, the CIA, | 所以 当鲍威尔 中央情报局 |
[1:27:15] | and their international coalition | 以及他们的国际联盟 |
[1:27:16] | toppled the Taliban and took Afghanistan in a matter of weeks, | 几周内推翻了塔利班 占领了阿富汗 |
[1:27:21] | Cheney had found something much more powerful than missiles or jet planes. | 切尼找到了比导弹或喷气式飞机更加有力的武器 |
[1:27:27] | Mr. Vice President, this is John Yoo. | 副总统先生 这是约翰·柳 |
[1:27:29] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Vice President. | 非常高兴见到你 副总统先生 |
[1:27:33] | So David told me you’re looking for executive authority. | 大卫告诉我你在寻找行政权威 |
[1:27:39] | John here is definitely your guy. | 约翰肯定是你的人 |
[1:27:41] | The war we’re now fighting | 我们正在进行的战争 |
[1:27:44] | will require resources and abilities that the, uh… | 需要资源和能力 |
[1:27:49] | the current interpretation of the law… impedes. | 目前对法律的解释受到阻碍 |
[1:27:53] | The vice president believes | 副总统相信 |
[1:27:55] | it is the duty of the commander-in-chief to protect the nation | 总司令有责任保卫国家 |
[1:27:58] | and that no other obligation, | 同时 没有任何责任 |
[1:27:59] | whether to Congress or existing treaty | 不管是对国会或者是对现行条约 |
[1:28:01] | supersedes that duty. | 能够取代这项责任 |
[1:28:03] | How do you feel about that statement? | 你对那个声明有什么看法 |
[1:28:06] | I couldn’t agree more. | 我非常同意 |
[1:28:09] | John Yoo’s first legal opinion | 约翰·柳的第一份法律意见书 |
[1:28:11] | allowed the US government | 允许美国政府无正当理由地 |
[1:28:13] | to monitor every citizens’ phone calls, | 监视每个公民的通话记录 |
[1:28:16] | texts, and e-mails without a warrant. | 短信和邮件 |
[1:28:20] | It was a giant legal leap based on sketchy law at best. | 这是一个基于粗略法律的巨大飞跃 |
[1:28:27] | But John Yoo’s masterpiece, | 但是约翰·柳的杰作 |
[1:28:29] | his Moby-Dick, if you will, | 他的白鲸 如果你愿意这样说的话 |
[1:28:33] | was the torture memo. | 是一本酷刑备忘录 |
[1:28:35] | …your fucking contact is! | 你这该死的联系人 |
[1:28:38] | Where’re your fucking hands? | 你他妈的手呢 |
[1:28:40] | What about the Geneva Convention? | 日内瓦公约怎么样 |
[1:28:43] | The Geneva Convention is open to interpretation. | 日内瓦公约可以解释的 |
[1:28:45] | What exactly does that mean? | 这到底是什么意思 |
[1:28:47] | Stress positions, waterboarding, confided spaces, dogs… | 压力位置 水上滑板 秘密空间 狗 |
[1:28:51] | We’re calling it “enhanced interrogation.” | 我们称之为 强化审讯 |
[1:28:54] | Are we sure none of this fits in the definition of “torture”? | 我们确定这些都不符合酷刑的定义吗 |
[1:28:57] | The US doesn’t torture. | 美国政府不用酷刑 |
[1:28:59] | Therefore, if the US does it, | 因此 如果美国政府这样做了 |
[1:29:03] | by definition, it can’t be torture. | 从定义上来说 这不可能是酷刑 |
[1:29:10] | But torture and privacy laws | 但是 酷刑和隐私法 |
[1:29:11] | weren’t the only laws Cheney re-wrote with John Yoo. | 不是切尼和约翰·柳重写的唯一的法律 |
[1:29:14] | They had a full menu of legal opinions | 他们有完整的法律意见单 |
[1:29:17] | stretching and challenging constitutional and international law. | 延伸和挑战宪法与国际法 |
[1:29:21] | Good evening, gentlemen. | 晚上好 先生们 |
[1:29:23] | Tonight we’re offering the enemy combatant, | 今晚我们将提供敌方战斗人员 |
[1:29:26] | whereby a person is not a prisoner of war, | 如果一个人不是战俘 |
[1:29:29] | or a criminal, which means of course | 或者罪犯 这当然意味着 |
[1:29:31] | that he has absolutely no protection under the law. | 他绝对不受法律保护 |
[1:29:33] | We’re also offering an extraordinary rendition | 我们还提供了一个特别的表演 |
[1:29:36] | where suspects are abducted without record on foreign soil | 在外国领土上 毫无痕迹地绑架嫌疑犯 |
[1:29:40] | and taken to foreign prisons in countries that still torture. | 并把他带到仍在遭受酷刑的外国监狱 |
[1:29:42] | Oh, that sounds delicious. | 哦 听起来很不错 |
[1:29:44] | We also have Guantanamo Bay, | 我们也有关塔那摩湾 |
[1:29:46] | which is very, very complicated, | 这地方非常非常复杂 |
[1:29:48] | but it does allow you to operate | 但是 它允许你 |
[1:29:50] | outside the purview of due process | 超出正当程序地去操控它 |
[1:29:52] | on land which isn’t technically US territory, | 尽管从技术上来说 它不是美国的领土 |
[1:29:55] | but where we still do have control. | 但是 我们仍然可以控制它 |
[1:29:57] | And also, we have a very fresh and delicious | 同时 我们有非常新鲜和美味的 |
[1:29:59] | War Powers Act interpretation | 战争权力法的解释 |
[1:30:01] | which gives the executive branch broad powers | 它赋予了行政部门广泛的权力 |
[1:30:04] | to attack nations or people who it deems still possibly a threat. | 去攻击仍然可能构成威胁的国家或人民 |
[1:30:08] | We have the fact that under the unitary executive theory, | 事实上 在统一执行理论下 |
[1:30:11] | if the president does anything, | 总统做的任何事情 |
[1:30:13] | it must be legal. | 都是合法的 |
[1:30:15] | Which, of course, means you can do whatever the fuck you want. | 当然 这意味着你可以做任何你想要做的事 |
[1:30:18] | So, gentlemen, | 所以 先生们 |
[1:30:19] | which would you like? | 你想要哪一个 |
[1:30:20] | Hmm. We’ll, uh, we’ll have them all. | 嗯… 我们 我们全都要 |
[1:30:23] | Excellent choice. | 很棒的选择 |
[1:30:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:30:27] | Look, Dick, uh, we’ve been working | 迪克 我们一直与 |
[1:30:30] | with these focus groups and advertising executives | 这些焦点小组和广告主管打交道 |
[1:30:32] | to try and sell the War on Terror. | 试图出卖反恐战争 |
[1:30:35] | I’ll reiterate, we are still being recorded, | 我重申一下 我们仍在被录音 |
[1:30:37] | and there still may or may not be clients | 可能还有客户 也可能没有客户 |
[1:30:39] | back behind the two-way mirrors… | 藏在双向镜后面 |
[1:30:40] | These guys are pretty sharp. | 这些人很聪明 |
[1:30:43] | Go on. | 继续 |
[1:30:45] | There’s a problem. | 有一个问题 |
[1:30:46] | The results show that people are confused. | 结果表明 人们很困惑 |
[1:30:48] | You all support the president, | 你们都支持总统 |
[1:30:51] | you hate terrorism, yet you’re still confused. | 你讨厌恐怖主义 但你还是很困惑 |
[1:30:55] | Can you tell me why? Anybody? | 你能告诉我为什么吗 有人能解释吗 |
[1:30:58] | Don’t we have to just get Osama bin Laden? He did it. | 我们不是必须要抓住奥塞姆·本拉登吗 他做到了 |
[1:31:02] | So why are they calling it a war? A war with who? | 那他们为什么称之为战争 和谁的战争 |
[1:31:05] | Okay, thank you, Mark. | 好的 谢谢你 马克 |
[1:31:06] | Uh, Jasmine, jump in, please. | 贾丝明 该你了 |
[1:31:09] | I don’t get what this Al-Qaeda is. | 我不知道这个基地组织是什么 |
[1:31:11] | Are they a country, like, why can’t we just bomb them? | 他们是一个国家吗 我们为什么不能轰炸他们 |
[1:31:14] | That’s really interesting. | 真有趣 |
[1:31:15] | Um, is anybody else confused about what Al-Qaeda is? | 嗯 还有人对基地组织是什么感到困惑吗 |
[1:31:19] | Show of hands, please. | 请举手 |
[1:31:20] | One, two, three, four, five, six, seven… | 一 二 三 四 五 六 七… |
[1:31:23] | That’s a lot of you. Right? | 很多人都感到困惑 对吗 |
[1:31:26] | Would it be less confusing if it was a country? | 如果它是个国家的话 会不会不那么混乱呢 |
[1:31:29] | Damn right. | 没错 |
[1:31:30] | I’m angry as hell. | 我气得要命 |
[1:31:32] | We’ve gotta fuck someone up. | 我们得搞砸别人 |
[1:31:35] | Got it. Mark. | 知道了 马克 |
[1:31:37] | Really strong feelings coming from Mark. I’m interested. | 马克的感情真的很强烈 我很感兴趣 |
[1:31:39] | Does anybody else feel the same or agree… | 其他人是否也有同样的感受 或同意 |
[1:31:40] | They understand we’re at war, but… | 他们知道我们在打仗 但是 |
[1:31:43] | they don’t know against who. | 他们不知道在对抗谁 |
[1:31:45] | They want a country. | 他们想要一个国家 |
[1:31:47] | It’s cleaner, simpler. | 它更干净 更简单 |
[1:31:48] | That would certainly help us legally. | 这当然会在法律上帮助我们 |
[1:31:52] | looks like it’s time to take Iraq. | 看来是时候占领伊拉克了 |
[1:31:56] | It is about goddamn time. | 是时候了 |
[1:32:03] | It’s called the Office of Special Plans. | 它被称为特别计划办公室 |
[1:32:07] | Tenet is not yet serious enough | 特尼特还没有严肃看待 |
[1:32:10] | about the threat that Saddam poses to the global war on terror. | 萨达姆对全球反恐战争的威胁 |
[1:32:16] | But I can promise you | 但我可以向你保证 |
[1:32:17] | that this intelligence group will be. | 这个情报小组将会严肃对待这件事 |
[1:32:19] | Wolfie, I got something. | 沃尔菲 我拿到了一个东西 |
[1:32:21] | Truck transmissions. | 卡车变速箱 |
[1:32:22] | If there’s a donkey with a radio up his ass, | 如果有一头驴屁股上带着收音机 |
[1:32:24] | I wanna know what it’s transmitting. | 我想知道它在传输什么 |
[1:32:25] | I think that’s an excellent idea. | 我认为这是个好主意 |
[1:32:29] | I’ve been wantin’ to take that motherfucker Saddam down | 我一直想把那个该死的萨达姆弄下来 |
[1:32:31] | -for a long time. -Hmm. | – 很长一段时间 – 嗯 |
[1:32:33] | Here’s a report that says Mohamed Atta, | 这是一份报告说默罕默德·阿塔 |
[1:32:35] | one of the 9-11 hijackers, | 9-11劫机者之一 |
[1:32:36] | may have met with an Iraqi spy in Prague. | 可能在布拉格见过一个伊拉克的间谍 |
[1:32:39] | It’s a really strong statement. | 这是一个非常有力的声明 |
[1:32:41] | Does anybody agree with that statement? | 有人同意这个说法吗 |
[1:32:42] | Wait a minute. We can’t just bomb people. | 等一下 我们不能只轰炸人 |
[1:32:45] | Yeah, no. | 是的 我们不能 |
[1:32:46] | It’s from Czech intelligence, | 这份报告来自捷克情报局 |
[1:32:47] | and they question its credibility. | 他们质疑它的可信度 |
[1:32:49] | I’ve been to Prague. They question everything. | 我去过布拉格 他们质疑一切 |
[1:32:51] | Who wants to be an anonymous source? | 谁想成为一个匿名的来源 |
[1:32:54] | Make sure you work in the phrase, | 确保你按照这句话工作 |
[1:32:56] | “We don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.” | 我们不希望确凿的证据变成蘑菇云 |
[1:32:58] | That focus-grouped through the roof. | 焦点聚集在屋顶上 |
[1:33:00] | There will always be uncertainty about when he will acquire nuclear weapons. | 对于他何时获得核武器 总是存在不确定性 |
[1:33:06] | But we don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud. | 但我们不想把确凿的证据变成蘑菇云 |
[1:33:09] | There is a smoking gun or a mushroom cloud | 有确凿的证据或蘑菇云 |
[1:33:11] | Simply stated, | 简单地说 |
[1:33:13] | there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein | 毫无疑问 萨达姆·侯赛因 |
[1:33:16] | now has weapons of mass destruction. | 现在拥有大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:33:18] | We gotta get rid of this dictator. | 我们得除掉这个独裁者 |
[1:33:20] | He’s got anthrax, he’s got all these weapons… | 他有炭疽 他有所有这些武器… |
[1:33:22] | There is no doubt he is amassing them | 毫无疑问 他是在积累它们 |
[1:33:24] | to use them against our friends, | 用它们去对付我们的朋友 |
[1:33:25] | against our allies, and against us. | 对付我们的盟友 对付我们 |
[1:33:27] | When, and not if, | 何时 但如果是真的 |
[1:33:29] | but when Saddam creates and uses nuclear weapons, | 当萨达姆制造和使用核武器时 |
[1:33:33] | what will we tell the American people? | 我们要告诉美国人民什么 |
[1:33:35] | Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity | 萨达姆·侯赛因将继续提高他的能力 |
[1:33:39] | to wage biological and chemical warfare. | 发动生化战争 |
[1:33:41] | Whassup! | 你好 |
[1:33:47] | To show that we will stand up for what we know to be right, | 为了证明 我们知道的事情是正确的 |
[1:33:50] | to show that we will confront the tyrannies | 证明我们将面对暴政 |
[1:33:52] | and dictatorships and terrorists | 独裁和恐怖分子 |
[1:33:54] | who put our way of life at risk. | 是他们把我们的生活置于危险之中 |
[1:33:55] | …of winning a second UN resolution | …赢得第二个联合国决议 |
[1:33:57] | authorizing war against Iraq. | 授权对伊拉克发动战争 |
[1:33:59] | So tonight President Bush… | 所以今晚布什总统… |
[1:34:01] | …and the hopes of an oppressed people… | …被压迫的人民的希望… |
[1:34:03] | The tribe has spoken. | 部落已经发言了 |
[1:34:07] | Polling for an invasion of Iraq is at 53 percent. | 入侵伊拉克的投票率为53% |
[1:34:12] | Focus groups show people | 焦点小组告诉人们 |
[1:34:13] | still aren’t sure about a connection between Saddam and Al-Qaeda. | 仍然不确定萨达姆和基地组织之间的联系 |
[1:34:18] | And France and Germany have both said | 法国和德国都说过 |
[1:34:20] | that they will not join our coalition | 他们不会加入我们的联盟 |
[1:34:21] | And neither will Israel. | 以色列也不会加入 |
[1:34:23] | Ariel and I we went to the Wall together with Condi. | 阿里尔赖斯和我一起去了长城 |
[1:34:26] | We-we prayed together. | 我们 我们一起祈祷 |
[1:34:28] | Israel’s one of our closest allies. | 以色列是我们最亲密的盟友之一 |
[1:34:30] | They said an invasion of Iraq would… destabilize the region, sir, | 他们说入侵伊拉克会破坏地区稳定 先生 |
[1:34:35] | and that they don’t believe Saddam is an immediate threat. | 他们不相信萨达姆是一个直接的威胁 |
[1:34:38] | That’s not good. | 这可不妙了 |
[1:34:39] | I really want a strong coalition for this. | 我真的想要一个强有力的联盟来支持这一点 |
[1:34:42] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[1:34:44] | Secretary Powell has the highest trustworthy ratings | 鲍威尔部长在我们所有人中 |
[1:34:47] | of all of us. | 值得信赖的评级是最高的 |
[1:34:49] | What if he gave an address to the UN and the American people | 如果他给联合国和美国人民一个演说 |
[1:34:53] | to push this over the finish line? | 把它推过终点线呢 |
[1:34:55] | Karl, I have been very vocal, | 卡尔 一直有个声音告诉我 |
[1:34:57] | very vocal about my reservations about invading Iraq. | 我要对入侵伊拉克持保留意见 |
[1:35:00] | Oh! Colin, you’re such a nervous Nellie. | 哦 科林 你真像有神经质的内莉 |
[1:35:03] | We are talking about invading… | 我们在讨论入侵 |
[1:35:05] | A worry wart. | 一个令人担心的树瘤 |
[1:35:05] | -…a sovereign nation… -Sovereign nation? | – 一个主权国家 – 主权国家 |
[1:35:07] | Don’t give me that… | 别对我说这些 |
[1:35:10] | It is a sovereign nation, Don. | 唐 这是一个主权国家 |
[1:35:11] | …in any way, shape, or form. You’re wrong. | 以任何方式 形状或形式 你错了 |
[1:35:12] | What’s the exit strategy? | 退出策略是什么 |
[1:35:14] | What, what about the intelligence? | 情报是什么 |
[1:35:16] | Does the intelligence matter to you at all? | 情报跟你有关系吗 |
[1:35:17] | The exit strategy. Oh, please. | 退出策略 哦 拜托 |
[1:35:18] | -You break it, you bought it. -You know you’re wrong. | – 你打破了它 你得买了它 – 你知道你错了 |
[1:35:19] | You’re a chicken-shit. | 你真是个胆小鬼 |
[1:35:21] | All right. Hey, hey, hey, all right. | 好了 嘿 嘿 嘿 好了 |
[1:35:24] | Let-let’s slow down. | 让我们冷静下来 |
[1:35:27] | That’s enough of that, you guys. | 够了 伙计们 |
[1:35:28] | Well, are you… gonna take Saddam down or not? | 好吧 你会不会把萨达姆打倒 |
[1:35:35] | You are the president. | 你是总统 |
[1:35:40] | War… is yours. | 战争 是你的 |
[1:35:45] | Not the UN, not some coalition. | 不是联合国的 不是联盟的 |
[1:35:49] | Do not share powers… | 不要分享权力 |
[1:35:52] | that are yours alone. | 权利只是你一个人的 |
[1:36:01] | George, make sure Powell sees the intelligence. | 乔治 确保鲍威尔看到情报 |
[1:36:04] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[1:36:06] | Colin, I want you to make that speech. | 科林 我需要你来发言 |
[1:36:08] | I’m president, and I want this to happen. | 我是总统 我就是要这样做 |
[1:36:10] | Yes, sir. -HUGHES: Yes, sir. | 是的 总统 – 休斯航空公司 是的 总统 |
[1:36:11] | Yes, sir. | 是 总统先生 |
[1:36:12] | I look forward to being briefed on that intelligence. | 我希望这个情报是简短的 |
[1:36:15] | On another note, I’ve been handed a credible report | 另外 我得到一个可靠的情报 |
[1:36:18] | of a small terrorist enclave in North Eastern Iraq. | 伊拉克东北部有一个小型的恐怖主义飞地 |
[1:36:21] | If we’re gonna invade, | 如果我们要袭击那里 |
[1:36:22] | we suggest taking it out before. | 我们建议先把那块飞地拿下 |
[1:36:24] | Let it go, George. We have bigger fish to fry. | 放手吧 乔治 我们有更大的鱼要炸 |
[1:36:26] | Let me see that intelligence. | 让我看看那个情报 |
[1:36:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:36:30] | That classified document | 那份机密文件 |
[1:36:33] | described a terrorist named Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi | 描述了一个名叫 阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维的恐怖分子 |
[1:36:37] | who had started as a drug dealer and pimp | 一开始是个毒贩和皮条客 |
[1:36:40] | before becoming fully radicalized | 在成为激进派之前 |
[1:36:41] | in a Jordanian prison. | 在约旦监狱里 |
[1:36:44] | Zarqawi went to meet bin Laden in Afghanistan. | 扎卡维去阿富汗见本拉登 |
[1:36:47] | Did he or did he not meet with Al-Qaeda? | 他究竟有没有跟基地组织会面呢 |
[1:36:49] | But Zarqawi had vowed to kill all Shia Muslims, | 但是扎卡维发誓要杀死所有什叶派穆斯林 |
[1:36:54] | and bin Laden’s mother was Shia. | 本拉登的母亲是什叶派 |
[1:36:57] | So the meeting didn’t go over well. | 所以这次会面不会顺利 |
[1:36:59] | They had no operational contact. | 他们没有业务联系 |
[1:37:01] | Hogwash. | 胡言乱语 |
[1:37:02] | Larry, have you seen this speech? | 拉里 你看过这个演讲稿吗 |
[1:37:05] | Yes, sir. It’s bone-thin. | 是的 先生 它已经很短了 |
[1:37:07] | I saw at least five pieces of disproved intel in there. | 我之前看的至少有五处假情报 |
[1:37:10] | Who wrote it? | 谁写的 |
[1:37:11] | They said it was the president, | 他们说是总统 |
[1:37:12] | but I think you can guess who really wrote it. | 但我想你能猜出是谁写的 |
[1:37:14] | Well, there’s no need to yell, Larry. | 好吧 没必要大喊大叫 拉里 |
[1:37:17] | Yeah, well, we reviewed the speech, | 是的 嗯 我们审查过演讲稿 |
[1:37:20] | we gave some notes. | 我们做了一些标注 |
[1:37:23] | Powell really doesn’t have a clue, does he? | 鲍威尔真的什么都不知道 是吗 |
[1:37:27] | After the US invaded Afghanistan, | 美国入侵阿富汗之后 |
[1:37:29] | Zarqawi set up shop in Iraq. | 扎卡维在伊拉克开设了商店 |
[1:37:32] | It was the only connection Cheney had | 这是切尼仅有的 |
[1:37:35] | between Al-Qaeda and Iraq. | 基地组织和伊拉克之间得联系 |
[1:37:37] | The Security Council will now begin | 安理会现在将开始 |
[1:37:39] | its consideration of item two of the agenda. | 审议议程中的第二项 |
[1:37:43] | I call now on the distinguished | 我现在要介绍的是杰出的 |
[1:37:45] | Secretary of State | 国务卿 |
[1:37:47] | of the United States of America, | 美利坚合众国 |
[1:37:48] | His Excellency, Mr. Colin Powell. | 尊敬的科林·鲍威尔先生 |
[1:37:51] | My purpose here today is to share with you | 我今天来这儿的目的是和你们分享 |
[1:37:54] | what the United States knows | 美国知道多少 |
[1:37:55] | about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction | 关于伊拉克的大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:37:59] | as well as Iraq’s involvement in terrorism. | 以及伊拉克参与的恐怖袭击 |
[1:38:01] | Iraq, today, harbors a deadly terrorist network | 伊拉克如今建立了一个罪恶的恐怖主义网 |
[1:38:04] | headed by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, | 由阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维领导 |
[1:38:07] | an associate and collaborator… | 是一个联系人和合作者… |
[1:38:10] | Powell’s UN address was seen by millions of Americans, | 数百万美国人看到了鲍威尔在联合国的讲话 |
[1:38:12] | but other people were watching as well. | 但其他国家的人也在观看 |
[1:38:15] | Collaborator of Osama bin Laden | 奥萨马·本·拉登的合作者 |
[1:38:17] | and his Al-Qaeda lieutenants… | 他的基地组织副手 |
[1:38:19] | Zarqawi’s activities are not confined… | 扎卡维的活动并不局限于… |
[1:38:21] | The great general of America | 伟大美国将军 |
[1:38:23] | saying his name over and over again | 一遍又一遍重复他的名字 |
[1:38:24] | immediately made Zarqawi a star. | 使扎卡维立刻变成明星 |
[1:38:27] | Staying in the capital of Iraq… | 留在伊拉克首都… |
[1:38:29] | Allahu Akbar! | 真主伟大 |
[1:38:30] | Within a day, he had gone into hiding. | 一天之内 他就藏了起来 |
[1:38:33] | Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! | 真主伟大 真主伟大 |
[1:38:35] | …but these denials are simply not credible. | …但这些否认根本不可取 |
[1:38:38] | They are simply not credible. | 他们根本不可取 |
[1:38:41] | An Al-Qaeda source tells us that | 基地组织的线人告诉我们 |
[1:38:43] | Saddam and bin Laden reached an understanding | 萨达姆和本拉登达成共识 |
[1:38:45] | that Al-Qaeda would no longer | 基地组织将不再 |
[1:38:48] | support activities against Baghdad. | 支持针对巴格达的活动 |
[1:38:50] | By the time we invaded Iraq, | 当我们入侵伊拉克时 |
[1:38:52] | 70 percent of Americans thought | 70%的美国人认为 |
[1:38:54] | that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9-11. | 萨达姆·侯赛因参与了9-11事件 |
[1:38:58] | Later, Colin Powell would call the speech | 稍后 科林·鲍威尔会做一个演讲 |
[1:39:02] | the most painful moment of his life. | 这将会是他一生中最痛苦的时刻 |
[1:39:07] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[1:39:10] | And what was it? Justin, right? | 那是什么 Justin 对吧 |
[1:39:12] | She can buy her album now, Mom. | 妈妈 她现在可以买她的专辑了 |
[1:39:13] | What was the girl’s name that won? | 获胜的女孩叫什么名字 |
[1:39:15] | -No, Kelly. And then Justin. -Last year. | – 不 是凯利 然后是贾斯汀 – 去年 |
[1:39:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:39:19] | We’re talking about American Idol,Dad. | 我们在讲美国偶像 爸爸 |
[1:39:21] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[1:39:22] | We watched it. You’ve seen it. | 我们在看它 你已经看过了 |
[1:39:23] | -You’ve seen it… -I’ve watched it next to you. | – 你看过 – 我看的时候你在旁边 |
[1:39:26] | The singing, and the mean judge, and the… | 唱歌的犀利的评委 还有 |
[1:39:27] | I don’t like that… | 我不喜欢 |
[1:39:29] | The mean British judge? -LIZ: You liked it. | 犀利的英国评委 – 莉斯 你喜欢 |
[1:39:31] | Oh, I like him. | 哦 我喜欢他 |
[1:39:32] | Yeah, you… | 是的 你… |
[1:39:34] | Do you know how to stop a fish from smelling? | 你知道如何让一条鱼失去嗅觉吗 |
[1:39:36] | Very appropriate. | 非常合适 |
[1:39:38] | That’s not a… That’s a terrible joke. | 那不是 那是个很糟糕的笑话 |
[1:39:40] | Well, I didn’t finish it yet. | 嗯 我还没说完 |
[1:39:42] | I mean, everybody. | 我是说 所有人 |
[1:39:44] | You cut off its nose. | 你割下了它的鼻子就可以了 |
[1:39:46] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[1:39:48] | I know, Grace, cover your ears please. | 我知道 格蕾丝 捂住你的耳朵 |
[1:39:50] | Cheers, honey. -Cheers. Oh, my gosh. | 干杯 亲爱的 – 干杯 哦 天哪 |
[1:39:53] | No, we’re not. | 不 我们不是 |
[1:39:55] | We’re not revisiting | 我们不会再回顾 |
[1:39:56] | your father’s colorful conversations… | 你父亲幽默的对话了 |
[1:39:59] | Let’s just say that your dad… | 就说你爸爸… |
[1:40:11] | Again, another, | 再一次 另一个 |
[1:40:13] | disintegrating… | 正在解体 |
[1:40:22] | Is the prompter visible for you? | 提词器您能看清吗 |
[1:40:24] | Yeah, yeah. Bring it a little closer. Yeah. | 是的 是的 再拉近一点 好 |
[1:40:28] | How’s my hair? All right? | 我头发乱吗 行吗 |
[1:40:30] | Looks good. -Tie? | 看起来很好 – 领带呢 |
[1:40:32] | And we are five, four, three… | 我们开始倒数五四三 |
[1:40:36] | My fellow citizens, at this hour, | 我的同胞们 在这个时刻 |
[1:40:38] | American and coalition forces | 美国和盟军 |
[1:40:41] | are in the early stages of military operations | 目前处于军事行动的早期阶段 |
[1:40:44] | to disarm Iraq, to free its people | 解除伊拉克武装 解放伊拉克人民 |
[1:40:47] | and to defend the world from grave danger. | 防治世界陷入极度危险之中 |
[1:40:51] | On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking | 在我的命令下 盟军已经开始攻击 |
[1:40:54] | selected targets of military importance | 选定的军事要害 |
[1:40:57] | to undermine Saddam Hussein’s ability to wage war. | 削弱萨达姆·侯赛因的战争实力 |
[1:41:01] | These are opening stages of what will be | 这些都是开始阶段 |
[1:41:04] | a broad and concerted campaign. | 协调一致的作战方案 |
[1:41:07] | To all the men and women of the United States Armed Forces | 所有美国武装部队的男女军人 |
[1:41:10] | now in the Middle East, | 现在在中东 |
[1:41:12] | the peace of a troubled world | 为了世界的和平 |
[1:41:14] | and the hopes of an oppressed people… | 为了被压迫人民的希望 |
[1:41:48] | Guys, over here. Two o’clock. | 伙计们 这边 二点钟方向 |
[1:41:54] | This statement from the White House, | 来自白宫的声明 |
[1:41:56] | President Bush regards this as an historic moment. | 布什总统认为这是一个历史性的时刻 |
[1:41:59] | The scenes on television show | 电视节目中的情景 |
[1:42:01] | the thirst for freedom is unquenchable. | 表现了大家对自由的追求是无法抑制的 |
[1:42:05] | Striker One L-S-O, | 前锋1 L-S-O |
[1:42:06] | You are clear to land. | 请降落 |
[1:42:19] | Usa! Usa! Usa! | 美国万岁 美国万岁 美国万岁 |
[1:42:25] | Good work. | 做得好 |
[1:42:30] | Hi. Um… | 你好 嗯 |
[1:42:33] | It seems like they’ve been shipping men and equipment | 他们好像一直在运送人和设备 |
[1:42:37] | out of Afghanistan, into Iraq, | 从阿富汗到伊拉克 |
[1:42:40] | and at the moment, we’re a little unsure | 现在 我们有点不确定 |
[1:42:43] | of what’s going on. | 发生了什么事 |
[1:42:48] | I don’t want you to worry about me. | 我不想让你担心我 |
[1:42:58] | Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. | 伊拉克的主要战事已经结束 |
[1:43:02] | In the battle of Iraq, | 在伊拉克战争中 |
[1:43:04] | the United States and our allies have prevailed. | 美国和我们的盟国取得了胜利 |
[1:43:08] | We have concerns over Halliburton KBR’s billing practices. | 我们对哈里伯顿公司的计费方式有些疑问 |
[1:43:12] | As you know, the no-bid contracts they received | 如你所知 他们得到的是无竞标合同 |
[1:43:15] | were quite sizable, and now… | 相当大 现在… |
[1:43:17] | Well, we’re not concerned, are we? | 好吧 我们不关心 是吗 |
[1:43:19] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[1:43:21] | The secretary of defense and the vice president | 国防部长和副总统 |
[1:43:23] | just said they’re not concerned. | 只是说他们不关心 |
[1:43:26] | Now, can we please talk about Iran? | 现在 我们能谈谈伊朗吗 |
[1:43:40] | To this day, Dick Cheney has never apologized | 直到今天 迪克·切尼从未道歉 |
[1:43:43] | for this incident. | 就这次事件 |
[1:43:44] | Jesus, Dick! | 老天 迪克 |
[1:43:47] | But someone else did. | 但其有人替他道歉了 |
[1:43:49] | My family and I are deeply sorry | 我和我的家人感到非常抱歉 |
[1:43:52] | for all that Vice President Cheney and his family | 副总统切尼和他的家人 |
[1:43:55] | have had to go through this past week. | 在过去的一周所经历的一切深表歉意 |
[1:43:58] | We send our love and respect to them. | 我们向他们表达我们的爱和尊重 |
[1:44:01] | And we hope that he will continue to come to Texas… | 我们希望他能继续来德克萨斯 |
[1:44:05] | and seek the relaxation that he deserves. | 得到相应的放松 |
[1:44:09] | So, this, uh… | 所以 呃… |
[1:44:13] | Joe Wilson asshole… | 乔·威尔森混蛋 |
[1:44:17] | …is questioning our intelligence | 他在质疑我们的情报 |
[1:44:18] | in the New York Times. | 还发表在了在纽约时报上 |
[1:44:21] | What’s his wife’s name again? | 他妻子叫什么名字 |
[1:44:24] | Valerie Plame. | 瓦莱丽·普莱姆 |
[1:44:26] | I confirmed it. She’s undercover CIA. | 我确定过了 她是中情局的卧底 |
[1:44:30] | Leak it. | 泄露出去 |
[1:44:47] | Okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[1:44:49] | Like, they don’t care about their dogs, man. | 就像 他们不关心他们的狗 伙计 |
[1:44:50] | I mean they shoot ’em. They let ’em roam wild. | 我是说他们开枪打狗 让他们在野外四处游荡 |
[1:44:51] | They let ’em roam wild. | 让他们在野外四处游荡 |
[1:44:52] | What kinda man don’t love a dog? | 什么样的男人会不爱狗 |
[1:44:54] | People in India love cows. | 印度人喜欢牛 |
[1:44:56] | They look at us | 他们看着我们 |
[1:44:57] | and how we treat cows and think the same thing. | 对待奶牛的方式会和你的想法一样 |
[1:44:59] | Cows. All due respect… | 奶牛们 尊敬的各位 |
[1:45:01] | that sounds like some liberal ass-scratchin’ bullshit… | 听起来像是自由党人在胡说八道 |
[1:45:12] | Linda. | 琳达 |
[1:45:17] | Look at this crap. | 看看这个垃圾文件 |
[1:45:18] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[1:45:19] | Hello, Don. | 你好 唐 |
[1:45:22] | That report says Zarqawi, | 报告说扎卡维, |
[1:45:24] | the same fucking Zarqawi we talked up for months, | 就是我们谈论了几个月的扎卡维 |
[1:45:27] | is now leading a major insurgence in Iraq. | 目前正在伊拉克掀起了一场大规模叛乱 |
[1:45:30] | And the implication is it’s because we talked him up. | 这看似是我们让他做的 |
[1:45:33] | Has POTUS seen this? | 美国总统看到这个了吗 |
[1:45:35] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[1:45:36] | I… I intercepted it before it got across the hallway. | 它在走廊上时被我截获了 |
[1:45:39] | And this is, this is generated by an analyst. | 也就是说 这是被一个分析师 发现的 |
[1:45:42] | Get me Tenet. | 帮我转接Tenet |
[1:45:44] | This stops here. | 这里停 |
[1:45:45] | Abu Musab al-Zarqawi | 阿布·穆萨布·扎卡维 |
[1:45:47] | had taken his fame from Powell’s UN speech | 在鲍威尔的联合国演讲之后出了名 |
[1:45:50] | and turned it into his own new thing. | 而且为他所用 |
[1:45:53] | The Islamic State of Iraq and Levant Or isis. | 伊拉克伊斯兰国和黎凡特或者ISIS |
[1:45:59] | And because that intelligence somehow found itself | 因为那个情报不知怎么的 |
[1:46:02] | on the bottom of a stack of papers… | 被压到了一堆文件的底部 |
[1:46:05] | Zarqawi had a whole year | 扎卡维度这样过了一整年 |
[1:46:07] | to just do whatever the hell he wanted. | 他想干什么就干什么 |
[1:46:10] | And what he wanted… | 他想要的…… |
[1:46:13] | was carnage. | 是杀戮 |
[1:46:16] | Shia versus Sunni. | 什叶派对抗逊尼派 |
[1:46:19] | The West versus Islam. | 西方对抗伊斯兰教 |
[1:46:23] | And death versus life. | 死亡与生命的较量 |
[1:46:27] | And on top of that, | 除此之外 |
[1:46:28] | US forces couldn’t find any WMDs | 美军没有找到任何大规模杀伤性武器 |
[1:46:31] | or nuclear programs in Iraq. | 亦或是伊拉克的核项目 |
[1:46:34] | Turns out that Saddam and his sons | 结果显示萨达姆和他的儿子们 |
[1:46:36] | mostly liked cocaine | 最喜欢可卡因 |
[1:46:37] | and American movies from the ’80s. | 以及80年代的美国电影 |
[1:46:40] | Vice President Dick Cheney | 副总统迪克·切尼 |
[1:46:41] | is being sued by Valerie Plame | 被瓦莱丽·普拉姆起诉 |
[1:46:44] | and her husband Joseph Wilson. | 还有她的丈夫约瑟夫·威尔逊 |
[1:46:47] | The White House announced | 白宫宣布 |
[1:46:48] | four cabinet resignations | 四位内阁成员辞职 |
[1:46:49] | including that of Secretary of State Colin Powell. | 其中包括国务卿科林·鲍威尔 |
[1:46:52] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[1:46:54] | Look, I hope there’s no hard feelings | 听着 我希望不要觉得难受 |
[1:46:56] | about us investigating the no-bid Iraq contract | 关于我们调查哈里伯顿公司的伊拉克无标合同 |
[1:46:59] | for Halliburton. | 伊拉克无标合同 |
[1:47:00] | You know, I’m just doing my job. | 你知道 这是工作需要 |
[1:47:03] | Go fuck yourself. | 去你妈的 |
[1:47:14] | Dick Cheney emerges from the dugout | 迪克·切尼从休息区出来 |
[1:47:16] | on the third base side. | 在三垒区边上 |
[1:47:18] | There’s a lot of energy that follows any opener, | 在开场之后大家蓄势待发 |
[1:47:21] | whether it be the opener to the regular season | 不确定是否是常规赛季的开场 |
[1:47:23] | or, in this case, the home opener | 或者 在这种情况下 家庭开场白 |
[1:47:25] | for the Washington Nationals. | 对于华盛顿国民来说的 |
[1:47:27] | But there’s continued buildup, Eddie, for this team | 但是这支队伍还在上升期 埃迪 |
[1:47:30] | because of the success they had last year in drawing some pretty good numbers. | 因为他们去年成功的取得过很好的成绩 |
[1:47:41] | Dick Cheney, a little bit low and outside. | 迪克·切尼低头出局 |
[1:47:44] | Iraq War, now proven to be false. | 伊拉克战争现在被证明是错误的 |
[1:47:47] | There is a chorus of people calling for | 越来越多民众希望看到副总统迪克·切尼 |
[1:47:49] | Vice President Dick Cheney to step aside and resign. | 可以下台然后重新选举 |
[1:47:52] | These issues may not be resolved for some time. | 这些请愿很难在短时间内被执行 |
[1:47:54] | Go away! | 滚开 |
[1:48:04] | I swear to God | 我向上帝发誓 |
[1:48:05] | this whole place is turning against me. | 这里所有人都在反对我 |
[1:48:12] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[1:48:12] | -I’m in an empty office | 我在一个没人的办公室里 |
[1:48:14] | just trying to get a clean phone line. | 找一条不被监听的线路 |
[1:48:15] | Listen, if we could just get an air bombardment in Iraq, | 听着 如果我们能对伊拉克进行空袭 |
[1:48:20] | I think it would make a statement | 我认为这会是一个转机 |
[1:48:21] | and it would give us some political cover. | 我们会得到一些政治庇护 |
[1:48:23] | It’s over, Don. | 结束了 唐 |
[1:48:25] | What’s that? | 这算什么 |
[1:48:27] | What is? | 算什么 |
[1:48:29] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[1:48:30] | President wants you to step down. | 总统希望你离职 |
[1:48:32] | He appreciates your service. | 他感谢你的付出 |
[1:48:39] | Don? | 唐 |
[1:48:43] | Well, does, uh… | 嗯 是的 |
[1:48:46] | Bush’s kid want me out or do you? | 是小布什要我出局还是你 |
[1:48:52] | I can’t win every fight, Don. | 我不可能每次都赢 唐 |
[1:48:54] | You are a little piece of shit. | 你真是个混蛋 |
[1:48:58] | Wow. How did you become such a cold son of a bitch? | 天呐 你怎么变成这么冷酷的混蛋的 |
[1:49:02] | I’m sorry, Don. | 对不起 唐 |
[1:49:04] | I really am. | 我确实是一个混蛋 |
[1:49:08] | Well, you know how I know you’re not? | 你知道为什么我觉得不是你让我辞职的吗 |
[1:49:11] | ‘Cause I wouldn’t be. | 因为如果是我 我不会这么做 |
[1:49:19] | Think they’ll prosecute us? | 他们会起诉我们吗 |
[1:49:25] | Okay, then. | 就这样吧 |
[1:49:53] | I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear… | 我 巴拉克·侯赛因·奥巴马 郑重宣誓 |
[1:49:56] | That I will execute the office of president to the United States faithfully. | 我必忠实执行合众国总统职务 |
[1:50:08] | Few years later, | 几年后 |
[1:50:10] | Dick’s heart trouble started up again. | 迪克的心脏病又发作了 |
[1:50:13] | And with no donor available, | 在没有捐赠者的情况下 |
[1:50:16] | he finally found himself at death’s door. | 他意识到自己将要死了 |
[1:50:26] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[1:50:28] | I wish I had– I had better news. | 我真的希望我有一个好的消息 |
[1:50:31] | Your heart just isn’t pumping enough oxygen | 你的心脏供氧不足 |
[1:50:33] | to keep your vital organs alive. | 导致你的其他器官难以维持功能 |
[1:50:37] | Should I call for a minister? | 需要我通知部长这个消息吗 |
[1:50:39] | No, no. He’s not going anywhere. | 不 不 他不会死的 |
[1:50:45] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[1:50:50] | Dick Cheney, | 迪克·切尼 |
[1:50:51] | you are not going anywhere, do you hear me? | 你绝对不能死 听见了吗 |
[1:50:55] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你不能死 |
[1:50:56] | This may be the, uh… | 这可能 |
[1:50:59] | one time, I, uh, | 这一次 我 |
[1:51:00] | I can’t do… | 我做不到 |
[1:51:03] | what your mother says, girls. | 遵从你们妈妈说的 姑娘们 |
[1:51:15] | I love you, Daddy. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[1:51:16] | -CHENEY: I love you, Mary. | – 切尼 我爱你 玛丽 |
[1:51:18] | I love you, Lizzie. | 我爱你 丽丝 |
[1:51:20] | And we love you so much. | 我们非常爱你 |
[1:51:24] | We love you so much. | 我们非常爱你 |
[1:51:25] | My girls. | 我的女儿们 |
[1:51:33] | I love you, girls. | 我爱你们 女孩们 |
[1:51:48] | So Dick Cheney told his family that | 所以迪克·切尼告诉他的家人 |
[1:51:51] | he was ready to die | 他已经准备迎接死亡了 |
[1:51:53] | and that he wasn’t afraid. | 他并不害怕 |
[1:51:55] | He told them he had lived a full life | 他告诉他们他活的很充实 |
[1:51:58] | and that he had zero regrets… | 他没有任何遗憾 |
[1:52:52] | Vice President Cheney, cross your arms, please. | 副总统 请交叉双臂 |
[1:52:56] | There you go. Okay, on a count of three. | 我们准备 好 数三下 |
[1:52:59] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[1:53:04] | They say my heart could give him another ten years. | 他们说我的心脏可以让他再活十年 |
[1:53:08] | Cheney doesn’t like to refer to it as someone else’s heart. | 切尼不喜欢说这是别人的心脏 |
[1:53:12] | He likes to refer to it as his new heart. | 他喜欢把它称为他新的心脏 |
[1:53:17] | Which, even though I’m dead, I have to say… | 即使我死了 我也不得不说 |
[1:53:20] | still makes me feel pretty shitty. | 这让我觉得很恶心 |
[1:53:24] | And so, when Liz decided to run for one of | 所以 当Liz决定竞争竞选怀俄明州的 |
[1:53:28] | Wyoming’s two Senate seats | 两个参议院席位时 |
[1:53:30] | against Republican incumbent Mike Enzi, | 对抗现任共和党的迈克·恩慈 |
[1:53:33] | our Dick was right there | 我们的迪克就在那里 |
[1:53:35] | to hopefully see the Cheney legacy of power continue. | 希望看到切尼家族的政治影响力可以延续 |
[1:53:39] | Are you aware Wyoming Senate candidate Liz Cheney | 你们知道怀俄明州参议员候选人丽丝·切尼 |
[1:53:42] | supports gay marriage? | 支持同性婚姻吗 |
[1:53:43] | Her sister is married to another woman, | 她妹妹和一个女人结婚了 |
[1:53:45] | and Liz Cheney refuses to support | 丽丝·切尼拒绝支持 |
[1:53:47] | a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. | 同性婚姻禁令的宪法修正案 |
[1:53:50] | Instead, she equivocates, | 而现在她闪烁其词 |
[1:53:52] | claiming it’s a states rights issue. | 声称这是美国民权问题 |
[1:53:54] | Don’t you agree Wyoming deserves a senator | 你们难道不认为怀俄明州希望 |
[1:53:56] | who believes marriage should be between a man and a woman? | 有一个支持异性婚姻的参议议员吗 |
[1:53:59] | These calls went to every house in Wyoming. | 这个消息传到怀俄明州的每家每户 |
[1:54:03] | Every single house. | 每栋房子里 |
[1:54:08] | I will never win. | 我将不会赢得竞选 |
[1:54:11] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[1:54:16] | O2 monitor is steady. | 氧气监测仪稳定 |
[1:54:21] | We’re joined here | 我们今天会和 |
[1:54:22] | today by Liz Cheney, | 丽丝·切尼在一起 |
[1:54:23] | who is running for the Senate from the state of Wyoming. | 她正在参选怀俄明州参议员 |
[1:54:26] | According to one poll, | 根据一项民意调查 |
[1:54:28] | she is behind by double digits. | 她目前落后两个点 |
[1:54:31] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[1:54:32] | Thank you for having me here, Chris. | 谢谢你的邀请 克里斯 |
[1:54:33] | Great to be with you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:54:34] | And may I point out, there are other polls | 请允许我指出 一些其他的选票 |
[1:54:36] | that have me much closer. | 让我的支持率又上升一些 |
[1:54:38] | Your opponent, Senator Mike Enzi, | 你的对手 参议员迈克·恩慈 |
[1:54:39] | claims that you support gay marriage | 声称你支持同性婚姻 |
[1:54:42] | in part, because… | 部分原因是 |
[1:54:44] | you support your gay sister | 你支持你的同性恋妹妹 |
[1:54:46] | Mary’s union with her wife. | Mary和她妻子的结合 |
[1:54:47] | I think she’s coming off very well. | 我觉得她看上去非常好 |
[1:54:48] | How do you respond? | 你怎么回答 |
[1:54:49] | Let me be very, very clear. | 我要非常坚决的表明 |
[1:54:54] | I do not support gay marriage. | 我不支持同性婚姻 |
[1:54:57] | I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. | 我相信婚姻只是存在男女之间的 |
[1:55:01] | But you’ve always claimed | 但你之前一直声称 |
[1:55:03] | gay marriage is a state issue. | 同性婚姻是一个民权问题 |
[1:55:04] | Your opponent claims this is an equivocation. | 你的对手表示这是在混淆概念 |
[1:55:08] | All right, I’m cutting the aorta. | 好吧 我要切除主动脉 |
[1:55:09] | Do you have the specimen bowl ready? | 标本碗准备好了吗 |
[1:55:11] | It’s on the field. | 在操作台上了 |
[1:55:12] | All right. Here’s the heart. | 好的 这是心脏 |
[1:55:14] | The thing is, Mom, I know that Liz wouldn’t have done | 妈妈 我知道如果你和爸爸不同意的话 |
[1:55:15] | any of this if you and Dad didn’t approve. | Liz不会说她反对同性恋的 |
[1:55:17] | So… | 所以 |
[1:55:19] | I can’t believe you would do th– | 我不敢相信你们会这么做 |
[1:55:20] | I really thought there was a limit to– | 我真的以为你们是有底线的 |
[1:55:22] | No, now you’re just being hysterical, | 不 现在的你在抓狂 |
[1:55:25] | and I can’t talk to you when you get this way. | 你一直这样的话我不能和你沟通 |
[1:55:27] | You need to settle down. Okay? | 你需要冷静下来 可以吗 |
[1:55:30] | You’re being hysterical. | 你现在很情绪化 |
[1:55:31] | Bypass is on standby. | 分流准备 |
[1:55:34] | Is it in three? | 三个都要吗 |
[1:55:35] | I’ll have it waiting right here. | 我会一直等你们的消息 |
[1:56:12] | All right, some suction. Some suction. | 好吧 吸一点 加大吸力 |
[1:56:14] | Damn. | 该死 |
[1:56:48] | All right. We’re almost there. | 好的 我们就快完成了 |
[1:57:03] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[1:57:25] | Just breathe, baby. I love you. | 深呼吸 宝贝 我爱你 |
[1:58:27] | Patient’s heart rate is stable. | 病人心率稳定 |
[1:58:30] | Blood pressure increasing. | 血压升高 |
[1:58:33] | I’m gonna notify the family. | 我去通知病人家属 |
[1:58:34] | What should I tell them? | 我需要告诉他们什么 |
[1:58:35] | Tell them the patient’s doing well. | 告诉他们病人情况良好 |
[1:58:37] | Okay. -SURGEON: We should be done in a half-hour. | 好的 – 医生 在半小时结束 |
[1:59:11] | Mr. Vice President. | 副总裁先生 |
[1:59:12] | This must be the right place. | 我应该坐这里吧 |
[1:59:14] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:59:15] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:59:17] | Pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[1:59:18] | Have a seat right there. | 请坐在这 |
[1:59:21] | So, um, is it gonna be just, uh, me on camera or… | 那么 嗯 是只有我在摄像机里还是 |
[1:59:26] | Primarily you. We’ll cut back to me. | 主要是您 我的镜头会单独剪辑 |
[1:59:29] | Eddie’s got you with the A camera. | Eddie在用A镜头拍您 |
[1:59:30] | I’m just gonna be… All right. | 我只是想说 好的 |
[2:00:02] | Ready? -Hmm. | 准备好了吗 – 嗯 |
[2:00:06] | Two-thirds of Americans say | 三分之二的美国人说 |
[2:00:07] | the Iraq War is not worth fighting. | 伊拉克战争是不值得打的 |
[2:00:11] | And they’re looking at the value gained versus | 他们认为从战争中获得的利益和美国以及 |
[2:00:14] | the cost in American lives and Iraqi lives. | 伊拉克人民付出的生命相比是不值一提的 |
[2:00:17] | So? | 那么 |
[2:00:20] | So, don’t you care what the American people think? | 所以 你不在乎美国人民的想法吗 |
[2:00:24] | No, uh, I think you, uh, | 不 我认为你们 |
[2:00:28] | cannot be, uh, | 不能 |
[2:00:31] | blown off course. | 偏离核心 |
[2:00:41] | I can feel your recriminations… | 我能感觉到你们的指责 |
[2:00:46] | and your judgment… | 和你们的批判 |
[2:00:49] | and I am fine with it. | 我对此可以理解 |
[2:00:53] | You want to be loved, go be a movie star. | 如果你想要被爱 去当电影明星吧 |
[2:00:58] | The world is as you find it. | 这个世界就像你看到的 |
[2:01:01] | You gotta deal with that reality. | 你必须面对现实 |
[2:01:04] | And there are monsters in this world. | 这个世界上还有很多怪物 |
[2:01:07] | We saw 3,000 innocent people | 我们看到3000个无辜的人 |
[2:01:12] | burned to death by those monsters. | 被那些禽兽活活烧死 |
[2:01:15] | And yet you object… | 当我拒绝和那些禽兽同流合污时 |
[2:01:18] | when I refuse to kiss those monsters on the cheek | 你们依然在反对我 |
[2:01:22] | and say “pretty please.” | 然后还对我说 请做个好人 |
[2:01:24] | You answer me this. | 你来回答我 |
[2:01:26] | What terrorist attack would you have let go forward | 什么样的恐怖袭击你会放任不管 |
[2:01:31] | so you wouldn’t seem like a mean and nasty fella? | 然后你依然看起来不像个卑鄙下流的家伙 |
[2:01:37] | I will not apologize… | 我不会道歉 |
[2:01:40] | for keeping your family safe. | 因为保护了你家人的安全 |
[2:01:43] | And I will not apologize… | 我不会道歉 |
[2:01:46] | for doing what needed to be done… | 因为做了一些必选要被做的事 |
[2:01:50] | so that your loved ones | 可以让你所爱的人 |
[2:01:52] | can sleep peaceably at night. | 晚上可以安心睡觉 |
[2:02:01] | Has been my honor… | 做你的仆人 |
[2:02:04] | to be your servant. | 是我的荣幸 |
[2:02:07] | You chose me… | 是你们选择了我 |
[2:02:10] | and I did what you asked. | 我是按你们的要求做了 |
[2:02:53] | ♪ I like the island Manhattan | 我喜欢曼哈顿岛 |
[2:02:58] | I know you do. | 我知道你也喜欢 |
[2:02:59] | ♪ Smoke on your pipe | 点燃你的烟斗 |
[2:03:02] | ♪ And put that in! | 放进烟草 |
[2:03:09] | ♪ I like to be in America | 我喜欢在美国 |
[2:03:11] | ♪ Okay by me in America | 好吧 我在美国 |
[2:03:13] | ♪ Everything free in America | 美国一切都是的自由的 |
[2:03:16] | ♪ For a small fee in America | 在美国只需支付少量生活费 |
[2:03:21] | ♪ Automobile in America | 美国的汽车 |
[2:03:24] | ♪ Chromium steel in America | 美国铬钢 |
[2:03:26] | ♪ Wire-spoke wheel in America ♪ | 美国的钢丝辐条车轮 |
[2:03:29] | ♪ Very big deal in America! | 都是美国重要的产业 |
[2:03:56] | ♪ Immigrant goes to America | 移民去美国 |
[2:03:58] | ♪ Many hellos in America | 美国非常的友好 |
[2:04:00] | ♪ Nobody knows in America | 在美国没人知道 |
[2:04:03] | ♪ Wall-to-wall floors in America! ♪ | 美国的房子也很好 |
[2:04:10] | ♪ I like the shores of America! ♪ | 我喜欢美国的海岸 |
[2:04:12] | ♪ Comfort is yours in America! ♪ | 舒适的美国属于你 |
[2:04:14] | ♪ Knobs on the doors in America ♪ | 敲响美国的大门 |
[2:04:17] | ♪ Wall-to-wall floors in America! ♪ | 美国的房子非常好 |
[2:05:07] | Sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断一下 |
[2:05:07] | But Mark wanted to share something with everyone. | 马克想要和大家分享一些想法 |
[2:05:10] | Something’s been bothering me this whole movie, | 整部电影里一些东西困扰我 |
[2:05:12] | and I just figured it out. | 我刚想到了 |
[2:05:14] | The whole thing’s liberal. | 一切都很自由主义 |
[2:05:16] | It’s got a liberal bias. | 这是一种自由主义偏见 |
[2:05:18] | Interesting. Does anyone else feel that way? | 很好 其他人有这种感觉吗 |
[2:05:22] | One, two, three, four people. | 一 二 三 四个人 |
[2:05:23] | Yeah, go ahead. | 好的 继续吧 |
[2:05:24] | It’s all facts. Right? | 这都是事实 对吗 |
[2:05:27] | I mean, they had to vet all this with a lawyer. | 我是说他们必须和律师一起审查这一切 |
[2:05:29] | How does that make it… | 这是怎么做到的 |
[2:05:30] | -What’s liberal about that? | – 自由主义是什么 |
[2:05:31] | -You would say that, lib-tard. | – 你当然会这么说的 Lib Tard |
[2:05:33] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[2:05:35] | So, because I have the ability to understand facts, | 所以 因为我有权利去了解事实 |
[2:05:37] | How does that make it… | 这是怎么做到的 |
[2:05:39] | Okay, guys, let’s just take it down. | 好吧 伙计们 让我慢慢说 |
[2:05:40] | You probably like Hillary. | 你可能喜欢Hiliary |
[2:05:42] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[2:05:44] | Okay, first of all, | 好吧 首先 |
[2:05:45] | Hillary’s not president. Okay? | Hillary不是总统 对不对 |
[2:05:46] | The-the-the orange Cheeto that you hired | 你选择的橘色奇多 |
[2:05:49] | is the president and he’s ruining the country… | 作为总统他正在毁灭国家 |
[2:05:50] | Trump is the best thing in this country. | 川普是这个国家最好的 |
[2:05:52] | You chicken-shit! | 你这个混蛋 |
[2:05:54] | John! Now, come in, please. | 约翰 现在请进来 |
[2:05:55] | Hey, guys, come on. | 嘿 伙计们 来吧 |
[2:05:57] | Guys! Guys! -Stop it. | 伙计们 伙计们 住手 |
[2:05:58] | Knock it off! | 把它关掉 |
[2:06:00] | I can’t wait to see the new Fast and the Furiousmovie. | 我迫不及待地想看这部最新的电影 |
[2:06:01] | That looks lit. | 看起来很棒 |
[2:12:23] | Captioned by Point.360 | 标题按第360点 |