时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Jason, why don’t you turn that off now? | 杰森 把游戏关了吧 |
[00:37] | Come on, come get some breakfast. | 过来吃早餐 |
[00:39] | That’s enough carnage for 7:00 A.M. | 一大早的别打打杀杀的 |
[00:40] | All right, let me save it. Hold on. | 好 我存个档 等等 |
[00:41] | Uh, oh, save it for you. | 我帮你存 |
[00:43] | Dad… come on. | 爸爸 拜托 |
[00:45] | Come on, let’s go. | 走 吃早餐 |
[00:46] | Hey, don’t act like you got some big problem with my game. | 你干嘛对我的游戏有那么大意见 |
[00:47] | You play it, too. Okay. | 你平时也玩这个 好啦 |
[00:49] | – Oh, come on! – Breakfast. | -拜托 -吃早餐去 |
[00:51] | The discovery of hypocrisy. | 揭发伪善之举 |
[00:53] | Bitter moment in any young revolutionary’s life. | 乃反革命分子人生一大愤恨 |
[00:56] | Well, kid’s got a point, but, uh, when he’s not telling me | 他说得有道理 可偶尔在他不吐槽 |
[00:58] | how much I suck at this game, he actually | 我游戏玩得有多烂的时候 |
[01:00] | sometimes tells me something about his life. | 他会对我袒露点心声 |
[01:02] | Right. | 好吧 |
[01:03] | Hey, you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:04] | Yeah, I’m good. | 很好啊 我没事 |
[01:05] | ‘Cause you’ve been just going nonstop | 你从伊朗回来以后 |
[01:08] | since you got back from Iran. | 一直忙得脚不沾地 |
[01:09] | Oh, I’m a little jetlagged still, but I’m good. | 我还在倒时差 但没什么大事 |
[01:12] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[01:13] | Promise. | 我保证 |
[01:15] | I’m just saying, going back to school | 我只是想说 你之前天天宅在家打游戏 |
[01:17] | is gonna be a big adjustment | 这次重回学校 |
[01:18] | after lying around here all day, playing video games. | 可得好好适应一番了 |
[01:21] | Yes, yeah, you should know, dropout. | 是啊 你这个辍学的人对此最有体会了 |
[01:23] | Oh, burn! | 嘴够毒的 |
[01:25] | Good comeback, Padawan. | 这回击不错嘛 孺子可教 |
[01:26] | You know that if you get kicked out of two schools in a row, | 你知道吧 如果你连续被两所学校开除 |
[01:28] | you have to go to military school, right? | 接下来就得去念军校了 |
[01:30] | It’s, like, the law. | 这是约定成俗的法则 |
[01:30] | Hey, I could handle military school. | 军校什么的根本不在话下 |
[01:32] | Yeah, right. | 继续吹牛吧你 |
[01:32] | Okay, wait. What about, uh, home-schooling, pal? | 等等 家庭教学怎么样 |
[01:34] | – Uh, I’ll stick with public school. – Oh, come on. | -我还是喜欢公立学校 -想象一下嘛 |
[01:36] | Just think of it. You and me | 我们父子俩 |
[01:37] | studying all these great books, | 一起学习各大文学巨著 |
[01:38] | spending hours having philosophical discussions. | 争论数小时的哲学议题 |
[01:41] | Shoot me now. | 还不如一枪杀了我 |
[01:42] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[01:43] | What did I say? | 我说什么了 |
[01:46] | Well, I’m-I’m glad that you’re on board with public school, | 看你这么喜欢公立学校我就放心了 |
[01:49] | because that is where you’re going. | 因为这学校你是非去不可 |
[01:51] | Oh, we have that-that, uh, orientation meeting at 11 A.M., okay? | 别忘了 我们11点得去开入学会议 |
[01:54] | Yeah, I know. Listen, um, | 我知道 听我说 |
[01:55] | I cleared my schedule out this morning. | 我取消了上午的一切行程 |
[01:57] | You want to take the time off? Maybe we can go… | 你想休息一下吗 也许我们可以… |
[01:58] | I-I can’t. I’ve got meetings. | 不行 我得去开会 |
[02:00] | Then I’ve got | 开完会后 |
[02:01] | meetings after those meetings, so I got to go. | 还有更多的会议接踵而来 我得走了 |
[02:04] | – Bye, guys. – Bye, Mom. Love you. | -再见 宝贝们 -妈妈再见 爱你 |
[02:06] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[02:07] | – Nice sensitivity, dumb-ass. – What! Dad! | -哪壶不开提哪壶 -什么嘛 爸 |
[02:09] | Okay, cut it out, both of you. | 你们俩都别闹了 |
[02:11] | The desk officer is waiting to brief you on your first meeting. | 办事员正等着给你做第一场会议的简报 |
[02:14] | Ecuador? | 厄瓜多尔 |
[02:15] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[02:15] | And Matt and Daisy | 马特和黛西 |
[02:17] | are here to have a word with you this morning. | 有事要跟您谈 |
[02:20] | Yes, I’m getting that. | 看出来了 |
[02:21] | Ma’am, we need to prep you for Face the Nation. | 国务卿 我们得帮您准备《面向全国》的采访 |
[02:23] | Can’t this morning. | 今天早上没空 |
[02:24] | I got a thing at my son’s school. | 我有事得去趟儿子的学校 |
[02:26] | Well, you’ve been at the center of everything that’s happened. | 您是最近发生的一连串事件的中心人物 |
[02:28] | Unearthing Director Munsey’s plot, | 披露蒙西局长的阴谋 |
[02:30] | thwarting the coup in Iran. | 阻挠伊朗的政变 |
[02:31] | The White House wants you front and center | 白宫想将您置于最突出的位置 |
[02:33] | to reassure the public that everything is okay. | 抚慰民众 让他们安心 |
[02:35] | Well, is it? News to me. | 可以安心吗 还真是第一次听说 |
[02:37] | The point is, Ma’am, I mean, if there’s a hero in this story, | 重点是 要说谁是这事件中的英雄人物 |
[02:41] | – it’s you. – What did you just say? | -这人非您莫属 -你说什么 |
[02:43] | Because what I thought you said | 我貌似听到你说 |
[02:44] | is that I’m the hero of this story? | 我是本次事件中的英雄人物 |
[02:46] | Excuse me, Ma’am. Daisy didn’t mean to imply… | 抱歉 国务卿 黛西不是想… |
[02:48] | Excuse me, Nadine. | 抱歉 纳丁 |
[02:50] | See, what’s confusing | 让我不明白的是 |
[02:51] | is how you could possibly say something like that, | 你怎么能说出这样的话 |
[02:54] | just days after you attended Fred Cole’s funeral. | 尤其是你还刚参加了弗莱德·科尔的葬礼 |
[02:58] | Man who literally threw himself in front of bullets | 他将自己投入枪林弹雨中 |
[03:01] | to save me. | 用身躯为我挡子弹 |
[03:02] | Which is the very definition of heroism. | 这才是英雄主义的定义 |
[03:06] | You come at me with this | 你敢再在我面前 |
[03:07] | win-the-cycle crap again, | 说什么迷倒新闻界的鬼话 |
[03:09] | it’ll be the last time you do. | 你就不用来了 |
[03:11] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[03:13] | – Yes, Ma’am. – Yes. | -明白 国务卿 -明白 |
[03:17] | Why is there a nurse in my waiting area? | 为什么有个护士在等候区 |
[03:20] | Oh, she’s here to follow up on the exam you received at Landstuhl. | 她是来给您做兰施图尔后的跟进检查 |
[03:24] | You kept rescheduling, so I had someone | 您一直延后检查 所以我就叫里德陆军 |
[03:26] | – from Walter Reed sent over. – I had said I would go | -医院的护士来了 -我说了等我有空了 |
[03:28] | to my own doctor when I had the time. | 我会去我的医生那检查 |
[03:30] | They needed a follow-up ASAP, Ma’am. | 他们需要马上做跟进调查 国务卿 |
[03:32] | It’s literally doctor’s orders. | 真的是医嘱 |
[03:34] | Et tu, Blake? | 你也来添乱吗 布莱克 |
[03:36] | You’re healing well, Madam Secretary. | 您伤口痊愈得很好 国务卿女士 |
[03:38] | Stitches should be ready to come out in a few days. | 几天后就能拆线了 |
[03:41] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[03:43] | Are you having any pain, Ma’am? | 您会感觉到疼痛吗 国务卿 |
[03:44] | Nope. None. | 没有 完全没有 |
[03:46] | Then, um, I just need to draw your blood. | 那我只需要给您抽个血 |
[03:48] | ‘Kay. | 好 |
[03:49] | I’m on a tight schedule. | 我的行程很紧张 |
[03:51] | I hope you don’t mind if I multitask. | 希望你不介意我一心二用 |
[03:55] | So, what does the CEO | 美国最大的石油公司 |
[03:57] | of one of America’s biggest oil companies want | 想让国务卿这样的公务员 |
[04:00] | from a peon like the Secretary of State? | 帮什么忙呢 |
[04:02] | Chip Harding is here because he believes | 奇普·哈尔丁过来是因为他觉得 |
[04:04] | you should be doing more to help Ashmont Petroleum | 你应该为阿什蒙特石油提供更多便利 |
[04:06] | secure drilling rights in Ecuador, | 助他们获取厄瓜多尔的石油钻探权 |
[04:08] | as opposed to the Chinese. | 免得落入中国人的手中 |
[04:09] | But the proposed | 但协议涉及的区域 |
[04:10] | area of the Amazon is highly sensitive, | 是亚马逊森林中的敏感区域 |
[04:12] | which is what our desk officer | 所以我们才找来当地的办事员 |
[04:14] | for the region is here to discuss. | 一起讨论此事 |
[04:16] | It’s Laura, right? | 你叫劳拉对吧 |
[04:18] | Uh, yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[04:19] | Let me first say how thrilled I am to finally meet you in… | 首先我想说我很荣幸见到您… |
[04:24] | person. | 本尊 |
[04:26] | You okay there, Laura? | 你还好吗 劳拉 |
[04:28] | Yes. Just have a little thing about, um… | 没事 我只是有点… |
[04:32] | blood. Um… | 晕血 |
[04:34] | Very sorry, but I’m fine. | 很抱歉 但我没事 |
[04:35] | Quite all right. | 一点事也没有 |
[04:36] | Why don’t we just get right to it, then? | 那我们就直入正题吧 |
[04:38] | Yes, Ma’am. As you may have read in your briefing book, | 好的 国务卿 正如简报中所说 |
[04:41] | the Selva Region of eastern Ecuador | 厄瓜多尔东部的热带雨林区 |
[04:42] | is one of the most biodiverse areas of the Amazon, | 是亚马逊森林中生物最为多样性的区域 |
[04:45] | and indeed the world. | 甚至享誉世界 |
[04:46] | Home to count them… | 据统计 是数十种 |
[04:47] | ten primate species, | 灵长目动物的家园 |
[04:48] | including the rare Titi monkey. | 包括稀有的蒂蒂猴 |
[04:50] | Here’s an image for you. | 给你看看它的样子 |
[04:51] | Developing it would be extremely damaging to the | 开发此地带会对当地造成 |
[04:53] | local… um… but also… | 相当大的破坏 但是… |
[05:01] | But also, it is important to remember | 但是请别忘了 |
[05:03] | that the Amazon is the world’s carbon sink | 亚马逊流域是世界碳池 |
[05:06] | where much of the CO2 we produce is absorbed | 我们产出的大部分二氧化碳 |
[05:09] | by the trees of… | 被那里的树木所吸收 |
[05:12] | – So embarrassed. Excuse me, Ma’am. – Okay. | -太尴尬了 对不起 -没关系 |
[05:16] | Hope she makes it to the porcelain sink in time. | 但愿她能及时赶到盥洗室的水池 |
[05:18] | Why don’t you go see if she’s okay. | 不如你去看看她 |
[05:21] | Right, the point being, if a tract this big is developed, | 重点是 如果这么一大片土地被开发 |
[05:25] | it will speed up the deforestation process, | 会加速森林的退化 |
[05:27] | which will ultimately lead to what? | 最终会导致什么 |
[05:29] | Ocean acidification, species die-offs, | 海水酸化 物种灭绝 |
[05:31] | larger and more unpredictable weather events, | 更大范围 数量更多的难以预测的气候现象 |
[05:33] | increased climate-driven conflicts and refugees. | 因气候问题引起的冲突和难民数量增加 |
[05:35] | You know, your typical | 就是典型的 |
[05:36] | 21st century end-of-the-world buffet. | 二十一世纪世界灭绝那套 |
[05:38] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[05:39] | Sorry. False alarm. | 对不起 我没事了 |
[05:41] | Ma’am, there are more tree species in a single hectare | 女士 热带雨林里一公顷内的 |
[05:44] | of the Selva region than in all of North America. | 树木物种数量 比整个南美洲都多 |
[05:46] | If there’s a cure for cancer or HIV, | 如果真的存在癌症或艾滋病的解药 |
[05:48] | we will probably find it there. | 很可能就在那里 |
[05:49] | Counterpoint. | 但是 |
[05:50] | Chip Harding donates millions of dollars each election cycle, | 每次选举奇普·哈尔丁都捐了上百万美元 |
[05:53] | which will either be used for or against your president. | 这笔钱可以帮你的总统 也能用来对付他 |
[05:56] | Just something to weigh against | 我只是觉得你在考虑臭脸猴子 |
[05:58] | the sad monkeys and magic trees. | 与神奇大树时别忘了这一点 |
[05:59] | And it is part of our job | 而且帮助美国企业 |
[06:00] | to promote U.S. businesses abroad, | 走向海外也是我们的工作 |
[06:02] | but if we want to have a voice in the decision, | 但是如果我们希望获得声援 |
[06:03] | we need to act now. | 就得马上行动 |
[06:04] | The Ecuadorians are planning whether to develop | 厄瓜多尔人本月内就会商议出 |
[06:06] | the Selva within a month. | 是否开发热带雨林 |
[06:08] | Oh, plenty of time. | 时间还真是不少啊 |
[06:09] | All right, why don’t we go see what we can do for Mr. Harding. | 不如去问问哈尔丁先生他有什么需求 |
[06:21] | – Have fun. – I got it. I got it. | -交给你了 -我捡到了 捡到了 |
[06:22] | Okay. What are you even doing here? | 好了 你怎么来了 |
[06:24] | I’m attending your meeting with Chip… | 我是来参加您与奇普…的会议 |
[06:26] | Chip Harding, Ma’am. | 奇普·哈尔丁 |
[06:26] | Okay, isn’t Abby about to go into labor any second? | 艾比不是马上要生了吗 |
[06:29] | Literally any second. | 随时会生 |
[06:30] | So, go, go. | 那你去陪她吧 |
[06:31] | I can handle Harding by myself. | 我自己能搞定哈尔丁 |
[06:33] | If I need more information, I’ll get it from Laura back… | 如果我需要更多的信息 我会找劳拉 |
[06:35] | Brilliant, and she really wanted to make an impression. | 聪明 她迫切地想留下好印象呢 |
[06:37] | Oh, she did. It’s all set. | 印象很深刻了 都安排好了 |
[06:38] | Go right now. | 你快走吧 |
[06:39] | Okay. There you go. | 好的 你走吧 |
[06:41] | Tell Abby to get the epidural early! | 告诉艾比提前做硬膜外麻醉 |
[06:43] | – Got it! – Keyword, “early”. | -知道了 -重点是”提前” |
[06:48] | Madam Secretary, I’m busy, and I’m sure you are, too, | 国务卿女士 我很忙 相信你也是 |
[06:50] | so I’ll get straight to the point. | 所以我就开门见山了 |
[06:52] | I would love it | 我很希望 |
[06:53] | if the government would just get out of our way. | 政府别插手这件事 |
[06:56] | Or better yet, help us out for once. | 要是能帮我们一次就更好了 |
[06:58] | There’s a concept. | 我还在期待着呢 |
[06:59] | What is it that you feel isn’t being done | 你觉得政府还能为石油行业 |
[07:01] | for the oil industry, Mr. Harding? | 做点什么 哈尔丁先生 |
[07:03] | The SEC and Justice are breathing down our neck | 证交会和公正局正拿着 |
[07:05] | about the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. | 《海外反腐败法》盯着我们呢 |
[07:07] | Do take a dim view of bribing foreign officials, yes. | 检查是否贿赂外国官员是应该的 |
[07:10] | Come on, you know full well that that’s the way | 得了吧 你很清楚在厄瓜多尔这种地方 |
[07:12] | business gets done in places like Ecuador. | 只有贿赂才能做成生意 |
[07:14] | And let me tell you something. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[07:16] | The Chinese aren’t wringing their hands | 中国人可没为了这么做生意 |
[07:17] | about doing business. | 感到羞耻 |
[07:18] | Given that I can’t help you bribe anybody, | 鉴于我不能帮你贿赂任何人 |
[07:20] | what exactly would you like the State Department to do? | 你究竟希望国务院做什么 |
[07:23] | Offer them aid. | 向他们提供援助 |
[07:24] | Help in developing vital infrastructure. | 帮他们发展基础设施 |
[07:26] | We do give them aid. | 我们确实援助了啊 |
[07:27] | $218 million last year, to be exact, | 确切来说去年援助了两亿一千八百万美元 |
[07:31] | but it does come with anti-corruption safeguards built in. | 但其中包括反腐败机构 |
[07:34] | So, sorry if that’s not helping you grease the wheels. | 所以很抱歉没能给你助力 |
[07:37] | Look, the Selva’s too valuable not to be developed. | 不开发热带雨林太可惜了 |
[07:40] | That’s just the facts. | 事实如此 |
[07:41] | Who do you and the President | 你和总统更愿意见到 |
[07:42] | prefer to see do it — us or the Chinese? | 谁去开发 我们还是中国 |
[07:44] | I guarantee you we care | 我向你保证 |
[07:45] | very deeply about what happens in the Selva region, | 我们十分关心热带雨林的情况 |
[07:48] | and I will bear your concerns in mind when I meet | 等我和厄瓜多尔大使面谈时 |
[07:50] | with the Ecuadorian Ambassador. | 我会考虑你的这些担心的 |
[07:52] | Thank you so much for coming in. | 谢谢你前来 |
[08:01] | A great game is afoot, Madam Secretary, | 一场大赛已经开始 国务卿女士 |
[08:04] | and we can’t win it with one hand tied behind our back. | 束手束脚地可打不赢这场比赛 |
[08:08] | Hope the President understands that. | 希望总统明白这一点 |
[08:10] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你抽时间见我 |
[08:13] | You bet. | 不客气 |
[08:15] | Everyone okay? | 大家还好吗 |
[08:16] | Well, it’s not like we have hurt feelies. | 我们也没感到受伤 |
[08:20] | Although, that was quite an outburst. | 但那的确是个大爆发 |
[08:22] | I understand she’s been through a lot, | 我理解她经受了很多 |
[08:23] | but the fact is, she needs to prep for Face the Nation. | 但她需要为《面向全国》做准备 |
[08:26] | I’ll try to block out some time in her schedule for this afternoon. | 我会尽量把她今天下午的时间空出来一些 |
[08:28] | It’s not like we’re being overly dramatic. | 况且我们也没有很夸张 |
[08:30] | Rogue CIA director | 叛国的中情局局长 |
[08:32] | starts a coup in Iran under the White House’s nose? | 在白宫的眼皮子底下在伊朗发动了政变 |
[08:34] | And the only reason it fails is because | 而政变失败的唯一原因 |
[08:36] | she literally puts herself in the line of fire. | 是因为她的挺身而出 |
[08:38] | That’s a huge story. | 这可是个重磅内容 |
[08:39] | Huge. | 重磅 |
[08:40] | I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[08:40] | And so is the public, but they haven’t | 公众也知道 但自从三天前的葬礼后 |
[08:42] | seen her since the funerals three days ago. | 他们就再没见过她 |
[08:44] | And the longer they don’t, the more she’s gonna be pulled | 他们越长时间见不到她 她就越会被拖入 |
[08:46] | into the morasses of suspicion and blame. | 怀疑和指责的泥潭 |
[08:48] | She needs to tell her story, | 她得好好讲述她的故事 |
[08:49] | and she can’t just wing it. | 不能毫不做准备 |
[08:52] | As it says in your packet, drop-off is between 7:30 and 7:50, | 说明里写了到校时间是7:30到7:50 |
[08:55] | but there can be a bit of a line sometimes, so it’s worth | 但有时可能会排队 所以还是 |
[08:57] | getting here early. | 尽量早些到 |
[08:59] | Maybe if we had a different kid. | 我儿子可不爱起早 |
[09:01] | Well, that covers it. | 就这么多了 |
[09:03] | Welcome to Monroe Junior High. | 欢迎来到门罗初中 |
[09:05] | I’d like to revisit the security issue if I may. | 可以再说一下安保情况吗 |
[09:09] | Uh, of course. | 当然 |
[09:12] | Uh, as I mentioned, | 就像我提过的 |
[09:13] | student safety is our number one priority. | 学生的安全是第一要务 |
[09:15] | We have two full-time | 我们有两名 |
[09:16] | security officers, metal detectors at every entrance | 全天候的保安 每个入口都有金属探测器 |
[09:19] | and a zero-tolerance policy on weapons and bullying. | 对武器和欺凌零容忍 |
[09:22] | Jason will be in good hands here, Mrs. McCord. | 杰森在这里会被照顾得很好 麦考德夫人 |
[09:25] | I’m sure he will be. | 我相信他会的 |
[09:26] | The thing is, I’m not. | 可我不这么认为 |
[09:27] | I’d like to provide Jason with a security detail. | 我想给杰森安排一个保镖 |
[09:30] | Wait. What? | 等等 什么 |
[09:31] | No, no. Nothing obtrusive, just one man. | 不会影响学校的 只安排一个人 |
[09:34] | Given who I am and what I do, I feel that it’s necessary. | 鉴于我的身份和工作 我认为很有必要 |
[09:37] | Will you excuse us for one minute? | 不好意思 能让我们两人单独谈谈吗 |
[09:39] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[09:41] | Do you want to tell me what’s going on? | 你能不能告诉我这是怎么回事 |
[09:42] | Just what I said. | 我刚才不是都说了吗 |
[09:43] | I think Jason needs extra security. | 我觉得需要给杰森加强安保 |
[09:46] | Well, the threat assessment guys | 外交安全局的 |
[09:47] | at Diplomatic Security don’t think he does. | 威胁评估员可不这么认为 |
[09:48] | Well, I’m their boss. | 我是他们的上司 |
[09:49] | Not when it comes | 但当关系到判断 |
[09:50] | to assigning a security detail, you’re not. | 安全细节的问题时 你就不是了 |
[09:52] | Besides, you said you wanted Jason to have as normal | 再说 你说过你想要杰森过上 |
[09:54] | a school experience as possible, as did I. | 尽可能正常的校园生活 我也这么想 |
[09:57] | We settled this. | 这事情我们已经商量好了 |
[09:58] | I am fourth in line for the presidency of the United States. | 美国的政权系统中我排在第四位 |
[10:01] | He doesn’t get to be a normal child. | 他做不了正常小孩 |
[10:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:05] | – Is this about what happened in Iran? – No. | -你是不是还在顾虑在伊朗发生的事 -不是 |
[10:06] | Because if you want to talk to me, then, please… | 如果你想跟我谈谈 那么 求你了 |
[10:09] | Why can’t you just back me up on this? | 你为什么就不能在这事上支持我一下呢 |
[10:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:23] | I’ll tell you what. I will call Diplomatic Security | 这样吧 我会给外交安全局打电话 |
[10:25] | and have them send me over a couple of candidates. | 请他们派几个人选过来 |
[10:27] | How’s that? | 这样可以吗 |
[10:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:34] | I have to get back to work, so I’ll see you tonight. | 我得回去工作了 我们晚上见 |
[10:59] | Professor McCord? | 麦考德教授 |
[11:01] | I’m thinking you’re the bodyguard. | 你就是那位保镖先生吧 |
[11:04] | Uh, call me Henry. Come on in. | 叫我亨利就好 快进来吧 |
[11:06] | Kevin Boyd. | 凯文·博伊德 |
[11:11] | You got quite a resume. | 你的简历真不错 |
[11:12] | Six years doing security at State. | 在国务院做过六年安保 |
[11:13] | Before that, ten years as a recon marine. Oorah. | 在那之前 还做了十年的侦查海军 |
[11:16] | Yes, sir. Forcecon, | 是的 先生 我在列尊营 |
[11:18] | 2nd Division out of Lejeune. | 第二部队的武装侦察连 |
[11:20] | You serve in the Corps? | 你当过特种兵吗 |
[11:21] | Third MAW out of Miramar. | 我在米拉马尔当过三号中型反坦克炮手 |
[11:22] | I flew Hornets in Desert Storm. | 在沙漠风暴中开过黄蜂战斗机 |
[11:23] | You know, the original. | 最早的那款 |
[11:24] | Oorah, sir. | 我的天 先生 |
[11:25] | I did a couple tours in the sequel myself. | 我后来还拜访过那里很多次 |
[11:27] | Ah, the question is, has all your extensive combat experience | 但问题是 你如此多的实战经验 |
[11:30] | prepared you to take a 13-year-old to middle school? | 能助你送十三岁小孩上学吗 |
[11:33] | Let’s just say, no one will be taking Jason’s milk money. | 这么说吧 没人敢抢杰森的牛奶钱了 |
[11:37] | I’m gonna be honest with you. | 我跟你实话实说 |
[11:38] | This is really less about an actual security threat | 这事重点并不在于真有什么安全威胁 |
[11:40] | and more about an abundance of caution. | 而更在于要提高警惕决不放松 |
[11:42] | Peace of mind. Copy that, sir. | 不怕一万 只怕万一 我明白 |
[11:47] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你个事 |
[11:49] | You saw a lot of action, so I’m sure you know guys | 你参战经验多 我想你肯定认识 |
[11:50] | that came back with issues, yeah? | 一些回来之后有心理问题的人 对吧 |
[11:52] | – PTSD? – Yeah. | -你是说创伤后应激障碍的人吗 -对 |
[11:54] | In-in your experience, how did that manifest? | 根据你的经验 这样人有哪些表现 |
[11:57] | Well, due respect, sir, with your experience, | 我无意冒犯 先生 根据你的经验 |
[12:01] | you must have seen a fair share yourself. | 我想你肯定亲眼见过很多案例了 |
[12:03] | My buddies and I were dropping ordinance from 30,000 feet. | 我跟战友们从九千米的高空抛炸弹 |
[12:05] | Now, that’s a thing, but it ain’t Fallujah. | 虽然也是战场 可跟陆战不同 |
[12:08] | I’m just curious how it looked to you. | 我只是想知道你当时的经历 |
[12:09] | Well, um, a lot of guys don’t sleep, temper’s on a hair-trigger, | 很多人睡不着觉 脾气一触即发 |
[12:13] | usually they’re having flashbacks, | 通常都会闪回从前的画面 |
[12:15] | they’re hyper-vigilant. | 警觉性超级高 |
[12:18] | I got a buddy, | 我有个朋友 |
[12:19] | can’t drive anymore. | 再也不能开车了 |
[12:20] | Thinks every piece of trash he sees | 他觉得他在路边排水沟里看到的 |
[12:22] | lying in the gutter is hiding an IED. | 每个垃圾都藏有爆炸装置 |
[12:24] | Yeah, there’s not much you can do, besides be there for them. | 你也做不了什么 只能陪着他们而已 |
[12:27] | You can try to get them help, | 可以试着让他们接受帮助 |
[12:29] | but they’re not gonna talk | 但他们自己心里准备好之前 |
[12:29] | until they’re ready, so… | 什么都不会说的 所以… |
[12:32] | But just so we’re crystal clear here, sir, I don’t have… | 但我们得说清楚 先生 我没… |
[12:34] | Oh, I… I trust you. | 我信任你 |
[12:36] | Hey, listen, the job is yours if you want it. | 只要你愿意就可以接受这份工作 |
[12:38] | I’m just concerned you’re a little too inconspicuous. | 我只是担心 你有点太不显眼了 |
[12:42] | That’s usually the deal-breaker. | 我经常就是这么被拒的 |
[12:44] | I am meeting with Ecuadorian Ambassador in five minutes. | 我五分钟后要跟厄瓜多尔大使会面 |
[12:47] | What don’t I know? | 我还需要知道什么 |
[12:48] | International conservation groups have a plan | 国际保护组织有个计划 |
[12:50] | that would pay Ecuador to turn | 给厄瓜多尔一笔钱 |
[12:51] | the entire Selva Region into a protected preserve. | 将整个热带雨林区变成保护区 |
[12:55] | So, essentially, they would bribe Ecuador | 也就是说 他们想贿赂厄瓜多尔 |
[12:58] | not to despoil its own rainforest? | 不要掠夺自己的雨林 对吗 |
[13:00] | That’s the idea, Ma’am, yes. | 就是这个意思 国务卿 是的 |
[13:02] | And the Ecuadorians have actually | 厄瓜多尔人其实已表示 |
[13:04] | been receptive to the plan. | 有接受计划的意思 |
[13:05] | Well, who doesn’t like a bribe? | 哪有人不喜欢被贿赂的 |
[13:08] | Okay, but? | 好吧 但是呢 |
[13:09] | So far, no one’s been inclined to kick in the start-up costs, | 目前为止 没有人愿意缴付启动成本 |
[13:12] | which are in the low billions. | 大概最少得花几十亿 |
[13:13] | Especially when the potential oil revenues | 尤其是潜在的石油收入 |
[13:15] | could be a hundred times that. | 能达到这个数的一百倍 |
[13:17] | So what are you pitching me? | 那么你建议我做什么呢 |
[13:20] | You want us to do nothing with the Selva? | 你想让我们不要管热带雨林吗 |
[13:22] | Not nothing, Ambassador Calderon. | 不是不要管 考德伦大使 |
[13:24] | I’m suggesting that you move forward | 我建议你接受计划 |
[13:26] | with the plan to turn it into a protected preserve. | 将热带雨林变成保护区 |
[13:28] | Please. Your current Congress | 得了吧 你们目前的国会 |
[13:30] | would never allot such a large sum | 不会拨这么大一笔款 |
[13:33] | for rainforest conservation. | 给热带雨林保护区的 |
[13:35] | Maybe coca eradication, | 也许会拨给消灭古柯的行动 |
[13:37] | but let’s ask our neighbors, | 但问问我们的邻居 |
[13:39] | the Colombians, how that’s working out for the environment. | 哥伦比亚人 他们认为这对环境会有什么影响 |
[13:41] | I know it’s a stretch, | 我知道这不是易事 |
[13:42] | and, obviously, there are some trust issues. | 而且显然 这里存在信任问题 |
[13:44] | To put it mildly. | 您说得可真委婉 |
[13:46] | We’re still cleaning up oil spills | 我们现在还在收拾1970年代 |
[13:47] | American companies caused in the 1970s. | 美国公司引起的石油泄漏的烂摊子 |
[13:50] | But if I could get the money, which I am working on right now, | 但若我能拿到这钱 我也正在为此努力 |
[13:53] | would your government consider preserving the entirety | 那么你的政府会不会考虑保留 |
[13:56] | of the Selva Region? | 热带雨林区的完好性呢 |
[14:00] | If you could match the Chinese offer, | 如果你给的条件能跟中国人给的比 |
[14:02] | perhaps. | 那可以考虑 |
[14:04] | But you can’t. | 但你给不了 |
[14:05] | And certainly not within a plausible time frame. | 而且更不可能在合理的时间之内给出 |
[14:09] | So, and with all due respect, Madam Secretary, | 所以恕我直言 国务卿女士 |
[14:13] | we stick with the Chinese. | 我们会跟中国人达成交易 |
[14:15] | They’re not your friends, you know. | 他们不是你的盟友 你知道的 |
[14:19] | But then… they don’t pretend to be. | 但是呢 他们也不会装作是盟友 |
[14:23] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[14:24] | welcome to Face the Nation. | 欢迎来到《面向全国》 |
[14:27] | Thank you, pretend Bob Schieffer. | 谢谢 假冒的鲍勃·谢弗 |
[14:30] | Matt, | 马特 |
[14:31] | not so much with the voice. | 你的声音不要装得这么过分 |
[14:33] | Oh, but he’s so sadly proud of it. | 但他正以此为荣呢 |
[14:36] | Fine. Your loss. | 好吧 这是你们的损失 |
[14:39] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[14:40] | recent events paint a troubling picture | 最近发生的事件使得道尔顿政府 |
[14:43] | of the Dalton administration. | 陷入了困局之中 |
[14:44] | Should America be worried about this president’s leadership? | 美国是否应当担心这届总统的执政能力呢 |
[14:48] | Not at all. | 完全不必 |
[14:50] | Andrew Munsey was a very capable spy. | 安德鲁·蒙西是位非常有能力的间谍 |
[14:52] | He managed to hide his traitorous acts | 他多次成功地隐瞒了 |
[14:55] | for quite some time. | 他的叛逆举动 |
[14:56] | But the moment the President learned of them, | 但当他的伎俩被总统识破 |
[14:58] | he leapt into action | 他立刻采取了行动 |
[15:00] | and saved the nation, and the world, | 然后挽救了国家 还有世界 |
[15:03] | from a dangerous fate. | 免遭厄运 |
[15:04] | Well, some would argue that you did that, | 有些人会质疑是您做到了这一切 |
[15:06] | first by uncovering the conspiracy, and second | 首先是揭露阴谋 然后 |
[15:10] | by your unprecedented trip to Iran. | 史无前例地突访伊朗 |
[15:14] | Come on, he’s not gonna ask that. | 行了 他不会那么问的 |
[15:16] | Oh, well, | 其实 |
[15:17] | it’s a fair interpretation of the facts, Ma’am. | 这是基于事实的正常反应 国务卿 |
[15:22] | Uh, fine. | 好吧 |
[15:28] | While I was glad to do my part, | 我很高兴能尽到本职 |
[15:30] | the fact that we are now on the other side | 现在我们躲过了这场 |
[15:32] | of a constitutional and global crisis is a testament | 宪法与全球性的危机 正是我们总统 |
[15:37] | to our president’s courageous leadership. | 领导魄力的最好证明 |
[15:40] | Madam Secretary, you were present | 国务卿女士 当伊朗外长 |
[15:42] | when Iranian Foreign Minister Javani was killed, | 贾瓦尼遇害时您也在场 |
[15:45] | along with several others. | 同时还有其他遇害者 |
[15:47] | Yup. Yes, I was. | 对 是的 |
[15:50] | Tell me about that horrifying scene. | 跟我说说那恐怖的一幕吧 |
[15:53] | Who is there with you, | 当时谁和您在一起 |
[15:54] | and-and what happened? | 又发生了什么 |
[16:10] | Abdol! | 阿卜杜尔 |
[16:16] | Down. | 趴下 |
[16:17] | Abdol, stay down! | 阿卜杜尔 别动 |
[16:22] | Ma’am? | 国务卿 |
[16:25] | Ma’am? | 国务卿女士 |
[16:30] | Want to give me that again? | 能重复一遍吗 |
[16:32] | Uh, sure. | 可以 |
[16:33] | Um, you know what? | 这样吧 |
[16:34] | Why don’t we take a break? | 不如我们休息一下 |
[16:37] | ‘Kay. | 好吗 |
[16:38] | Yup. | 好 |
[16:42] | What the hell was that? | 刚才那是怎么回事 |
[16:43] | It’s five seconds of dead air. | 五秒钟的尴尬沉默 |
[16:45] | Well, arguably, that was a little more than that, Daisy. | 可以说 不是表面那样 黛西 |
[16:51] | I understand that, but whatever it was, | 我理解 但不管是什么 |
[16:53] | it wasn’t exactly the image of calm stability | 反正不是白宫预期中的 |
[16:55] | the White House was looking to project. | 和谐稳定画面 |
[16:56] | I think we should cancel. We can’t risk her | 我觉得该取消采访 我们冒不起 |
[16:58] | having an incident like that on television. | 她在电视上出现那种情况的风险 |
[17:00] | You want to tell her that? | 你想亲口去跟她说吗 |
[17:01] | Call the show, make her appearance subject | 打给节目组 说她是否参加节目 |
[17:03] | to availability. | 视情况而定 |
[17:05] | We’ll take another run at this tomorrow. | 我们明天再演练一次 |
[17:06] | If she’s still tentative, | 如果她还是犹豫 |
[17:08] | we’ve laid the groundwork for a postponement. | 我们就也算做好了延期准备 |
[17:11] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[17:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:30] | Jason, this is about your safety. | 杰森 这是为了你的安全 |
[17:32] | Yeah, well, then I’ll be safe at home, | 对 那我在家不更安全 |
[17:33] | because I’m not going. | 我不去了 |
[17:34] | You guys can’t just spring this on me. | 你们不能临时通知我 |
[17:36] | You said I’d be a normal kid at a normal school. | 你说我会在普通学校做普通的学生 |
[17:38] | This isn’t fair! | 这不公平 |
[17:39] | And yet, this is happening, | 反正就是这样了 |
[17:40] | so I need you to get your stuff and get on board. | 拿上你的东西 准备出发 |
[17:41] | Kevin, can we have a couple minutes, please? | 凯文 能让我们单独聊聊吗 谢谢 |
[17:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:48] | Jason, grab your stuff. | 杰森 拿上你的东西 |
[17:49] | No, no, Dad, I’m not… | 不 爸爸 我不… |
[17:50] | Just do it, son. | 拿上 儿子 |
[17:57] | – I love you. – Uh huh. | -我爱你 -是吗 |
[18:03] | Well, he’s right, babe. It isn’t fair. | 他说得对 亲爱的 这不公平 |
[18:05] | Well, life isn’t fair. | 生活就不公平 |
[18:07] | In this house, it is. | 我们家就是讲公平的 |
[18:08] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[18:09] | I knew you would make me the bad guy. | 我就知道你想让我唱白脸 |
[18:10] | And then, you had to pick, like, the biggest guy on the planet | 然后你还选了世界上最显眼的保镖 |
[18:15] | just to push all of Jason’s buttons. | 你还嫌杰森不够生气吗 |
[18:17] | Okay, look, I know that you have been through a lot, | 好吧 我知道你经历了很多 |
[18:20] | and you don’t want to talk about it. | 我知道你不想谈那件事 |
[18:21] | – Don’t psychoanalyze me. – But maybe that’s behind | -别分析我的心理 -但或许那事就是 |
[18:23] | your sudden obsession with Jason’s security… | 你如此重视杰森的安全的原因 |
[18:25] | And don’t condescend to me, Henry! | 也别对我高高在上 亨利 |
[18:26] | We don’t talk to each other that way. | 我们从不用这种语气对话 |
[18:28] | If you had seen | 如果你见了 |
[18:28] | what I’ve seen, you would want him | 我所见到的 你也会想让他 |
[18:30] | to have protection, too, okay? | 受到保护的 好吗 |
[18:31] | He doesn’t need it. | 他不需要 |
[18:33] | So, either we keep our word | 所以 要么我们履行承诺 |
[18:34] | and let him go to school without security, or he stays home. | 让他单独去上学 要么他就待在家 |
[18:36] | Okay, so it’s okay for you not to fight fair. | 好吧 所以你不公平就可以 |
[18:39] | Is that how we do it now? Is that it? | 我们现在是要这样吗 是吗 |
[18:40] | On this one, yeah. We’re not gonna let your issues… | 在这件事上 没错 我们不能让你的问题 |
[18:42] | – My issues?! – force Jason to be treated unfairly. | -我的问题吗 -逼得杰森受到不公对待 |
[18:45] | What are my issues? | 我有什么问题 |
[18:46] | Are you ready to talk? | 你准备好谈这件事了吗 |
[18:50] | Let’s talk. | 我们聊聊吧 |
[18:54] | Fine. I don’t have time for this. You win. | 行 我没时间跟你闹 你赢了 |
[18:57] | ‘Kay? | 好吗 |
[19:02] | And the Italian embassy wants to honor you | 二十四日 意大利大使馆想以 |
[19:04] | with a dinner on the 24th. | 晚宴形式答谢你 |
[19:07] | Well, it’s worth saying yes just for the food. | 为了他们的菜也得答应 |
[19:09] | What’s this, uh, “subject to availability” BS | 我听到的这个”视情况而定”是 |
[19:12] | I’m hearing? | 什么鬼东西 |
[19:13] | Russell Jackson, Ma’am. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊来了 国务卿 |
[19:14] | Thanks for the heads-up, Blake. Uh, which BS | 谢谢通报 布莱克 你说的 |
[19:16] | is that, Russell? | 是什么 拉塞尔 |
[19:17] | Face The Nation. You put a pin in your appearance. | 《面向全国》 你说未必会上节目 |
[19:19] | I was wondering why. | 我好奇为什么 |
[19:21] | Well, since this is the first time | 这也是我第一次 |
[19:23] | I’m hearing about it, so would I. | 听说这事 我也好奇 |
[19:27] | I thought it would be better | 我觉得这事 |
[19:28] | to leave some flexibility there, Ma’am. | 留些回旋余地比较好 国务卿 |
[19:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:32] | Hey, you don’t get to interrogate my staff, Russell. | 我的手下轮不到你来问 拉塞尔 |
[19:35] | But I think they’re just trying to protect me. | 我觉得他们只是想保护我 |
[19:38] | In prep yesterday, | 在昨天的预演里 |
[19:39] | I was still a little jetlagged, | 我还有点没倒过时差 |
[19:41] | but I’ll be fine on the day. | 但录制那天我会没事的 |
[19:42] | And just to be clear, | 而且说清楚 |
[19:43] | I am doing the show. | 我肯定上那节目 |
[19:44] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[19:46] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[19:48] | You have a second to talk | 你有时间跟我 |
[19:49] | about Ecuador with me? | 聊聊厄瓜多尔吗 |
[19:50] | Sure. Um, Laura, will you join us, please? | 好的 劳拉 你也来吧 可以吗 |
[19:54] | I also hear we’re handing over one of the biggest oil fields | 我还听说我们要把北半球最大的一块油田 |
[19:56] | in the hemisphere to the Chinese? | 拱手让给中国人是吗 |
[19:59] | Caught a testy phone call from Chip Harding, did we? | 奇普·哈尔丁打电话跟你发火了吗 |
[20:02] | Is there any other kind? | 他还会用别的方式说话吗 |
[20:04] | You know the President’s committed | 你知道总统决心让我们 |
[20:06] | to weaning us off Middle Eastern oil. | 逐渐摆脱对中东石油的依赖 |
[20:08] | He’s also committed to preserving the Amazon. | 他也决心保护亚马逊森林 |
[20:10] | Which is why we are signatories to RACTO, | 所以我们才是那什么玩意 |
[20:12] | or whatever the hell that is. | RACTO的签署国 |
[20:13] | Rainforests of the Americas | 也就是美洲雨林 |
[20:15] | Conservation Treaty Organization, sir. | 保护条约组织 先生 |
[20:18] | You’re the fainter, aren’t you? | 你就是昏过去的那个 是吗 |
[20:21] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[20:23] | It’s just that nothing funny ever happens in this town. | 只是这地方实在没什么好玩的事 |
[20:26] | Don’t worry. You’ll bounce back. | 别担心 你的名誉会改进的 |
[20:28] | Look, for a few billion dollars, | 就几十亿美元 |
[20:31] | we can save one of the most | 我们就能保住 |
[20:32] | ecologically-important areas on Earth. | 地球上生态平衡最重要的地区之一 |
[20:34] | If you’ve got a few billion dollars lying around, go for it, | 如果你有几十亿 那另当别论 |
[20:37] | because Congress won’t. | 国会是不会同意的 |
[20:39] | And at least Ashmont Petroleum | 至少阿什蒙特石油 |
[20:40] | would be bound by the Treaty to develop the oil field as — | 是受美洲雨林保护条约制约的 |
[20:43] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[20:44] | We’re not seriously falling back on the mighty RACTO? | 这么说RACTO还是挺伟大的呀 |
[20:47] | …as non-invasively as possible. Isn’t that correct? | 会尽量减少侵略性地开发 我说得对吗 |
[20:50] | Theoretically, sir. | 理论上是的 先生 |
[20:52] | Which is more than the Chinese can say. | 至少比中国人的提议好多了 |
[20:54] | Look, I’m all for saving the planet, | 我也很想拯救地球 |
[20:56] | but the bottom line is, if we can’t get our company in, | 但问题是 如果我们的公司进不去 |
[20:59] | we should at least keep the Chinese one out. | 至少也不能让中国的进 |
[21:00] | These are independent countries, Russell. | 这都是主权独立国家 拉塞尔 |
[21:02] | I don’t have a lot of cards to play. | 我也没什么办法 |
[21:03] | So find more cards. | 那就去想办法 |
[21:07] | Thank you, Laura. | 谢谢你 劳拉 |
[21:08] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[21:11] | And technically, sir, | 而且事实上 先生 |
[21:12] | I vomited… a little. | 我其实是稍微吐了一下 |
[21:18] | Good to know. | 真好 |
[21:21] | Look, Bess, this coup business | 贝丝 这次政变的事 |
[21:24] | is the worst body blow to the presidency since watergate. | 是水门事件以来最糟糕的政治事件 |
[21:27] | Public needs to know | 公众需要知道 |
[21:27] | their government hasn’t slid off a cliff, | 他们的政府并没有失势 |
[21:29] | which means you need to go on Face the Nation. | 也就是说你得参加《面向全国》 |
[21:33] | So… | 所以 |
[21:35] | You up for the damn show or not? | 你能上节目吗 |
[21:39] | Absolutely. | 当然可以 |
[21:48] | Do you have any ideas about what I might do, | 你这是要为我提意吗 |
[21:50] | or are the taxpayers just shelling out | 还是说纳税人又在为戈登买单 |
[21:52] | for another one of Gordon’s expensive walks? | 来这里散步了 |
[21:54] | Look, saving a little piece | 为亚马逊留下 |
[21:55] | of the Amazon probably won’t matter in the end anyway. | 一丝和平 到最后结果也许还是一样 |
[21:57] | Best to win Dalton some goodwill with Chip Harding. | 最好让道尔顿给奇普·哈尔丁留个好印象 |
[22:00] | How? By getting justice off his back | 怎么做 免除他的刑罚 |
[22:03] | so he can go back to Ecuador and… | 放他回厄瓜多尔 |
[22:05] | bribe his way into winning the bid? | 让他通过贿赂赢得胜利吗 |
[22:07] | Yes. But just in case I’m ever deposed, no. | 没错 不过以防万一我被告 我说的是不行 |
[22:11] | Yeah, I’m not doing that. | 我不能这么做 |
[22:12] | Besides, you literally just called him a pompous tool. | 再说了 你刚还在说他是个自大的混蛋 |
[22:15] | He really is. Even other pompous tool CEOs hate him. | 确实 其他自大混蛋的总裁也恨他 |
[22:18] | Like my friend, Owen Walton. | 比如我朋友 欧文·沃尔顿 |
[22:20] | Pompous tools run the world. | 世界就是由自大的混蛋掌控的 |
[22:21] | You might as well get on their good side. | 你还是多讨讨他们的好吧 |
[22:22] | And hope that the tiny sliver of the Amazon that’s left | 然后指望RACTO保护亚马逊的 |
[22:25] | is protected by RACTO? | 最后一片净地吗 |
[22:27] | The “T”, by the way, stands for “toothless”. | RACTO名字里的T代表的还有”无权威” |
[22:30] | There you go. | 这不就对了 |
[22:31] | How can the Chinese purport to be a responsible actor | 中国甚至都不是 |
[22:35] | in the Amazon when they’re not even a party to the Treaty | 雨林保护协定的签订方 又要如何 |
[22:38] | charged with its protection? | 保证按协定运作呢 |
[22:39] | I was being you there. | 我是在说你的台词 |
[22:41] | So tie up China by officially protesting their non-membership? | 就是说从非签约入手 阻拦中国 |
[22:45] | RACTO may be toothless, | 也许RACTO无权威 |
[22:46] | but Ecuador is a signatory. | 但厄瓜多尔可是签约方 |
[22:48] | China would be forced to respond. | 这么一来中国就要被迫回应了 |
[22:52] | Talk about poking the bear. | 招惹睡狮很危险的 |
[22:54] | The White House wants to keep them out of our backyard. | 白宫不希望中国进驻我们的后院 |
[22:56] | It would take China at least a year to unstick themselves | 这样中国要获得许可恐怕得一年多 |
[22:58] | from all the red tape. During which time… | 而在此期间 |
[23:00] | – The Selva isn’t developed. – And Ashmont Petroleum | -雨林无法开发 -阿什蒙特石油 |
[23:02] | gets its ducks in a row and wins the contract. | 也能有条不紊的做准备 赢得合同 |
[23:04] | So both the earth and America win. | 这样地球和美国会双双获利 |
[23:07] | Until America actually wins. | 直到美国真正赢获世界 |
[23:15] | …not by much. Don’t underestimate these terrorists. | 但还不晚 不要低估那些恐怖分子 |
[23:20] | …can’t find a break! I don’t have a shot! | 无法突破 难以打中目标 |
[23:26] | It’s late. | 好晚了 |
[23:28] | I didn’t even hear you come in. | 我都没听见你进门 |
[23:30] | Just winding down. | 想放松一下 |
[23:33] | By playing a video game you’ve never | 所以就在凌晨三点半开始玩 |
[23:35] | shown any interest in at 3:30 in the morning? | 一个你从没兴趣碰的游戏 |
[23:37] | Yup. | 没错 |
[23:40] | Okay, babe, your Titan is ready. | 好吧 宝贝 你的泰坦就绪了 |
[23:42] | See? Here, press this button, get your Titan. | 看到吗 按这个键切换成泰坦 |
[23:46] | You play this game way more than you cop to. | 你玩这个游戏的次数绝对比你承认的多 |
[23:50] | Possibly true. | 确实 |
[23:51] | Transferring control to pilot. | 转换成飞行员 |
[23:54] | Sorry I was such a bitch before. | 抱歉我之前蛮不讲理 |
[23:57] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[24:01] | How was Jason’s first day? | 杰森上学第一天怎么样 |
[24:03] | It was fine. Everything’s fine. | 挺好的 都挺好 |
[24:07] | No, it isn’t. | 不 才不好 |
[24:15] | Minister Chen is waiting for you. | 陈部长在等您了 |
[24:18] | Took a detour from his White House visit | 撤回白宫之行 |
[24:20] | to let us know how pissed he is | 就为了让我们知道 |
[24:22] | about our little Ecuador maneuver? | 他对我们的厄瓜多尔策略多生气吧 |
[24:25] | I’m guessing. | 是吗 |
[24:26] | Well, that would be a safe guess. | 猜得很准 |
[24:28] | Ma’am, pardon me, but… | 国务卿 很抱歉 但是 |
[24:30] | you look a little tired. | 您看起来很疲惫 |
[24:33] | Thanks, Nadine. | 谢谢关心 纳丁 |
[24:34] | No, really. Are you sleeping all right? | 不 我是认真的 你睡得好吗 |
[24:37] | Like a baby. | 好极了 |
[24:38] | Congratulations again, Jay. | 再次恭喜 杰伊 |
[24:40] | She’s gorgeous. Here’s the Secretary. | 她真美 国务卿来了 |
[24:42] | Abby had the baby. A little girl. | 艾比生了 是个女孩 |
[24:45] | My gosh. | 天呐 |
[24:47] | Well, hey, sweetheart. | 小甜心 |
[24:49] | Hey, boss. | 嗨 老大 |
[24:50] | Not you. | 我指的不是你 |
[24:53] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么 |
[24:54] | Wait for it. | 你一定要听听 |
[24:56] | Chloe Elizabeth Whitman. | 克洛伊·伊丽莎白·惠特曼 |
[24:59] | What a suck-up! | 拍马屁 |
[25:00] | It’s her grandmother’s name, jerk. | 那也是她祖母的名字 混蛋 |
[25:02] | Hey, come on, honey. | 来吧 宝贝 |
[25:05] | Say hi to the Secretary, sweetheart. | 跟国务卿打个招呼 甜心 |
[25:08] | Oh, she’s… | 她 |
[25:09] | she’s beautiful, Jay. | 她真是好美 杰伊 |
[25:11] | She’s just… | 她真是 |
[25:14] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[25:15] | Minister Chen. | 陈部长还在等 |
[25:18] | Listen, | 跟你说 |
[25:19] | you bring her in really soon, okay? | 一定要带她来 好吗 |
[25:20] | I want to meet her in person. | 我真想见她 |
[25:24] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[25:25] | this protest you’ve lodged with RACTO’s | 你向RACTO递交的抗议 |
[25:27] | clearly a stalling tactic. | 完全是拖延策略 |
[25:29] | You want to help | 你想要帮助 |
[25:30] | Ashmont Petroleum win a bid they couldn’t win | 阿什蒙特石油赢得一个他们 |
[25:32] | honestly or fairly. | 无法公平竞争的竞标 |
[25:34] | You really want to accuse Ashmont Petroleum | 你真想说只有阿什蒙特石油 |
[25:36] | of being the only unscrupulous actor here? | 在这事上不择手段吗 |
[25:38] | I would suggest you tread carefully, Madam Secretary. | 我建议您说话谨慎点 国务卿女士 |
[25:41] | So you’re saying that it is not common | 你是想说中国公司 |
[25:44] | Chinese business practice | 向发展中国家高层行贿 |
[25:46] | to get at-at the resources | 从而获取他国资源 |
[25:49] | of developing nations by bribing their elites? | 其实不是中国行商的一贯作风吗 |
[25:51] | The West did just that for centuries, | 西方国家几个世纪来一贯如此 |
[25:52] | including to China. | 对中国也这么做了 |
[25:54] | Just because it’s your turn now doesn’t make it right. | 那也不是轮到你了你就做对了 |
[25:56] | While fascinating, | 虽然很有争执性 |
[25:58] | this philosophical discussion is hardly germane. | 这种哲理性的讨论却并不贴切实际 |
[26:00] | I strongly urge you to retract your protest. | 我强烈建议你撤回抗议 |
[26:03] | There are so many other | 但这里还有很多 |
[26:05] | fascinating subjects to discuss. | 争执性的问题我们可以讨论 |
[26:09] | Your currency devaluation, | 贵国的货币贬值 |
[26:11] | unfair export subsidies, | 出口补贴不公 |
[26:13] | intellectual property theft. I mean, not to mention — | 知识产权剽窃 更别说… |
[26:15] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
[26:16] | your labor and environmental… | 你的劳工和环境 |
[26:18] | can we even call them laws? | 现在连法律都称不上 |
[26:20] | More like suggestions. | 更像是建议 |
[26:21] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[26:22] | this inflammatory performance will not help your cause | 这样煽动性的行为不会在厄瓜多尔 |
[26:25] | in Ecuador or in any other area. | 或其他任何问题上对你有所帮助 |
[26:28] | Perhaps we should talk at a later time. | 我们晚点再谈吧 |
[26:30] | My-my apologies. Let’s… | 很抱歉 那我们 |
[26:32] | let’s talk about something less inflammatory. | 那我们就谈谈不太有煽动性的话题 |
[26:35] | How are your children? | 你的孩子们怎么样 |
[26:38] | They’re fine. | 他们都很好 |
[26:40] | Good, good. | 那就好 |
[26:41] | Kids are a blessing. | 有孩子很幸福 |
[26:43] | Indeed. | 的确如此 |
[26:45] | ‘Course, when they look back at the Amazon | 当然 要是他们以后看到亚马逊 |
[26:47] | and what we did to it, | 见识到我们的所作所为 |
[26:48] | they’ll think we must have hated them. | 肯定觉得我们恨他们 |
[26:50] | Again, Ma’am, these remarks… | 我再重申一遍 国务卿 你的语气… |
[26:51] | No, no, it’s interesting, | 不 不 这很有意思 |
[26:53] | because, you see, if we chop it all down, | 因为你想 要是我们一股脑把树全砍了 |
[26:56] | we pretty much guarantee that the planet overheats, | 整个星球指定会过热 |
[26:59] | and our kids will live in a totally destabilized world. | 我们的后代会生活在一个完全失衡的世界 |
[27:04] | Well, then at least they’ll be able to go to war | 至少他们能有理由跟别人 |
[27:05] | with each other over fresh water. | 因为抢淡水资源而开战 |
[27:07] | That’ll be kicky. | 那就太好了 |
[27:08] | Madam Secretary, are you quite all right? | 国务卿女士 你还好吗 |
[27:09] | Are you not hearing me?! | 你没听到我说的吗 |
[27:11] | Your children and mine will suffer | 你我的后代们 |
[27:13] | because of choices we make today. | 都会因为我们今天做下的决定而遭罪 |
[27:15] | They will suffer, | 他们会受苦 |
[27:16] | and there will be nothing that we can do to help them! | 而我们却束手无策 |
[27:19] | Is that what you want?! Is that… | 你想看到发生这样的事吗 你… |
[27:22] | Will you excuse me for a minute, please? | 失陪一下 |
[27:29] | Will you call 911? | 你能打911吗 |
[27:31] | I think I’m having a heart attack. | 我可能心脏病发作了 |
[27:35] | 46-year-old female presenting | 四十六岁女性 |
[27:37] | with chest pain, shortness of breath, | 有胸口疼痛 气短症状 |
[27:38] | sinus tach and hypertensive | 伴有窦性心律过速和高血压 |
[27:40] | on two liters of O2, aspirin and EKG on the bus. | 供氧两升 救护车上服了阿司匹林 拍了心电图 |
[27:43] | Get her a X-ray, | 给她拍X光片 |
[27:44] | blood draw and sublingual nitroglycerin, | 抽取血液和舌下硝化甘油 |
[27:46] | then take her up to Cardiac Care. | 把她送到心脏护理室 |
[27:47] | Elizabeth? Elizabeth, I’m here. | 伊丽莎白 伊丽莎白 我在这 |
[27:48] | We’re going to take good care of you, Madam Secretary. | 我们会照顾好你的 国务卿女士 |
[27:50] | How is she? | 她还好吗 |
[27:51] | We’re taking her upstairs to run some tests now. | 我们正带她去楼上做几项测试 |
[27:53] | It’s okay, | 没事 |
[27:54] | sweetheart, I’m here. It’s gonna be all right. | 亲爱的 我在 不会有事的 |
[27:57] | Well, the good news is that you’re fine. | 好消息是你没事 |
[28:00] | You didn’t have a heart attack. | 你没有犯心脏病 |
[28:02] | So what was it, then? | 那是怎么回事 |
[28:03] | Well, uh, most likely a panic attack. | 很有可能是恐慌发作 |
[28:06] | You have got the job for it. | 你的工作性质如此 也不见怪 |
[28:08] | Oh, God. | 老天 |
[28:09] | Is it bad that I wish that I’d actually had a heart attack? | 我真希望是得了心脏病 这想法是不是不好 |
[28:11] | Now, going forward, I’d recommend | 接下来 我建议你 |
[28:13] | you go easy on the coffee, take a few personal days. | 少喝点咖啡 放几天假 |
[28:16] | From what I see in the news, you’ve been pretty busy. | 就我从新闻里所知 你都忙得焦头烂额了 |
[28:19] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[28:28] | Navy SEALs get this, you know. | 海豹突击队也会经历的 |
[28:31] | You tougher than a Navy SEAL? | 你比海豹突击队更厉害吗 |
[28:34] | Maybe, like, a-a really runty one. | 也许吧 跟突击队里面的吊车尾比的话 |
[28:45] | I think maybe I got a little bit more affected | 我想伊朗的事可能比我想象中 |
[28:48] | by Iran than I thought. | 对我影响更深 |
[28:52] | But it was one incident, | 但这只是个案 |
[28:54] | and it passed and I’m fine. | 等过了就好了 |
[28:56] | Look, I know you think you can tough this out, | 听着 我知道你觉得能硬撑过去 |
[28:58] | but guess what, you can’t. | 但猜怎么着 你不行 |
[28:59] | You have got to get help now, | 你得在情况恶化之前 |
[29:01] | before this really takes hold and gets worse. | 赶紧寻求帮助 |
[29:03] | I can’t just drop everything | 总不能因为我很伤心 |
[29:05] | and take a spa day because I’m sad. | 就把所有事都放下 跑去做一天美容 |
[29:07] | Stop. You don’t have to drop everything, | 打住 你不用把所有事都放下 |
[29:08] | you just need to talk to someone. | 只要找人谈谈就行 |
[29:15] | I know. I’m all messed up. | 我知道 我现在一团糟 |
[29:20] | One minute I’m fine, | 上一秒还好好的 |
[29:22] | and then the next I’m furious, | 下一秒我就大发雷霆 |
[29:25] | then I’m numb. | 然后就麻木了 |
[29:27] | Well, considering what you’ve been through, | 考虑到你经历了那么多 |
[29:29] | it’s totally normal. | 这很正常 |
[29:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:32] | Because it feels… | 因为我感觉 |
[29:34] | totally crazy. | 很疯狂 |
[29:42] | The truth is, | 事实是 |
[29:45] | I’m just not ready to talk about what happened yet. | 我还不想讨论当时发生的事 |
[29:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:53] | But you heard the doctor, yeah? | 但你听到医生怎么说的了 |
[29:54] | Yup. | 听到了 |
[29:55] | You need to take a few days off. | 你得休息几天 |
[29:56] | I can’t. It would be a whole thing. | 不行 我抽不开身 |
[29:58] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[29:59] | This is your health we’re talking about. | 我们现在说的可是你的健康问题 |
[30:02] | I hear you. I do, I really do. | 我听到了 我也想啊 |
[30:06] | But we’re okay, right? | 但我们之间没事 对吧 |
[30:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:13] | Sorry I’ve been screaming at you a lot. | 对不起我老吼你 |
[30:15] | No, it’s totally good. It’s fun. | 没事 挺好的 很有趣的 |
[30:19] | I’m gonna go get Stevie. | 我去叫斯蒂芬来 |
[30:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:32] | – Is she okay? – She’s fine. | -她还好吗 -她没事 |
[30:33] | She’s totally fine. | 一点事没有 |
[30:35] | Just go in and-and talk to her. | 进去跟她聊聊吧 |
[30:36] | – Okay, yeah. – I’ll be right there. | -好的 -我一会就来 |
[30:39] | Russell, are those for me? You shouldn’t have. | 拉塞尔 这些是给我的吗 太客气了 |
[30:41] | How is she? | 她还好吗 |
[30:42] | She’s fine. | 她没事 |
[30:43] | Good. Then I’ll just go in | 那就好 那我就进去 |
[30:45] | and convey the President’s best wishes. | 传达总统最真挚的祝愿了 |
[30:47] | I said she’s fine, Russell. | 我说了她没事 拉塞尔 |
[30:50] | Tell that to the Chinese. | 这话跟中国那边说去 |
[30:53] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[30:56] | Hope you’re right, Henry. I really do. | 但愿你是对的 亨利 说真的 |
[30:57] | But if she’s not fine, | 但她要是有什么事 |
[31:00] | then you’re not doing her or your country any favors | 你却瞒着不告诉我 |
[31:03] | by keeping it from me. | 对她或我们国家都没什么好 |
[31:12] | Give her these for me, will you? | 代我把这些交给她 好吗 |
[31:23] | The doctors concluded the Secretary is in good health | 医生确诊国务卿身体无恙 |
[31:25] | and was simply exhausted. | 只是劳累过度 |
[31:26] | No, they didn’t. | 这样不行 |
[31:28] | Guys, she can’t be exhausted. | 不能说她劳累过度 |
[31:30] | Ed Muskie was exhausted. | 埃德·马斯基”劳累过度”了[美参议员] |
[31:31] | “Exhausted” is Washington code for complete mental freak-out, | “劳累过度”在华盛顿是精神崩溃的代名词 |
[31:34] | you 12-year-olds. | 你们真够幼稚的 |
[31:35] | Please, say “exhausted” more. | 继续说”劳累过度”吧 |
[31:37] | Hey, she flew to Iran, | 她飞往伊朗 |
[31:38] | thwarted a coup, then flew home and went right back to work. | 阻止了政变 回国后直接投入工作中 |
[31:41] | I think America would understand if she’s a little tired. | 我认为民众能够理解她有些劳累 |
[31:43] | Mike is, um… | 迈克… |
[31:46] | Right. | 说得对 |
[31:48] | Right. | 说得对 |
[31:50] | Listen, the story the White House is peddling | 听着 白宫想让大家看到的是 |
[31:52] | is “nothing to see here”. | “一切安好 无状况” |
[31:53] | Implying that the Secretary | 若暗示国务卿抱恙 |
[31:55] | had some sort of breakdown is definitely something to see. | 也就是表明这里有状况发生 |
[31:58] | I’d bet my second house that Russell Jackson | 我敢拿我第二套房子打赌 |
[32:00] | is at the hospital right now, trying to find out | 拉塞尔·杰克逊此刻一定在医院 |
[32:03] | if our beloved Bess has gone around the bend. | 去看我们敬爱的贝丝是不是精神失常了 |
[32:05] | He actually is at the hospital right now. | 他此刻还真就在医院 |
[32:07] | I just heard from her detail. | 刚听她安保人员说的 |
[32:08] | Look at that — I’m psychic. | 瞧见没 我简直通灵 |
[32:10] | And if he decides she is, | 若他认定她精神崩溃 |
[32:11] | she’ll be tossed overboard, but quick. | 她将很快被迫退位 |
[32:13] | Fine, no exhaustion. | 行 不说劳累过度了 |
[32:15] | We’ll just stick to the facts: she was feeling unwell, | 那就说出实情 她感觉不舒服 |
[32:17] | she went to the hospital, doctors say she’s fine. | 去医院检查 医生说她身体无恙 |
[32:19] | And answer any follow-ups with, | 要是媒体继续追问 |
[32:20] | “I don’t speculate, I’m not a doctor.” | 就说”我不是医生 对此不做推测” |
[32:22] | See? Now you actually sound like you know what you’re doing. | 瞧 现在感觉你们走上正道了 |
[32:23] | Oh, drop dead, old man. | 你死去吧 老家伙 |
[32:25] | Okay, the real question is: | 真正的问题是 |
[32:27] | do we really think she’s actually okay? | 她真的没事吗 |
[32:28] | Oh, of course she is. | 当然了 |
[32:30] | Based on what, Blake? The fact that | 有何凭证 布莱克 |
[32:32] | she bawled out the foreign minister of our biggest creditor? | 因为她痛骂了我国最大债权国的国家部长吗 |
[32:35] | She’s okay until she tells us she isn’t. Got it? | 她说没事就没事 懂吗 |
[32:39] | Obviously, we need to push back Face the Nation for at least | 显然 我们要将《面向全国》的采访 |
[32:42] | a couple of days. Meanwhile, | 推后几天 同时 |
[32:45] | I’ve got to try to put out the fire with Minister Chen. | 我得安抚好陈部长 |
[32:47] | So let’s get back to work. | 我们继续工作吧 |
[32:51] | That’s M. Sec now. | 国务卿打来的 |
[32:52] | I know what you’re all thinking: | 我知道你们在想什么 |
[32:53] | “Why is she calling him and not me?” | “为什么打给他而不是我” |
[32:56] | Well, shame on you, petty, petty people. | 真可怜啊 你们这群可怜虫 |
[32:59] | Hello. | 你好 |
[33:00] | I’m so relieved the Secretary is feeling more like herself. | 国务卿恢复常态 让我如负释重 |
[33:04] | Please convey my warm regards. | 请转达我的问候 |
[33:07] | I certainly will, and thank you again for your understanding | 我会的 再次感谢您的谅解 |
[33:09] | and for stopping by. | 感谢您的到来 |
[33:11] | Think nothing of it. | 无须多礼 |
[33:14] | But if the Secretary continues to push forward | 但如果国务卿继续干涉 |
[33:16] | with this attempt to stymie | 企图阻挠 |
[33:17] | our rightful and lawful investment in Ecuador — | 我们在厄瓜多尔正当合法的投资项目 |
[33:20] | that, China might not be so quick to forgive. | 中国不会就此善罢甘休 |
[33:23] | Well, I would not presume to speak for the Secretary | 我无权代表国务卿 |
[33:26] | on such a serious issue, | 讨论如此重大的问题 |
[33:27] | but I will certainly convey your concern. | 但是我定会代您转达 |
[33:30] | See that you do. | 请务必做到 |
[33:31] | Because if the Secretary’s words were not | 因为若国务卿 |
[33:33] | a moment of unreason but rather indicative | 不是一时情绪失控 |
[33:35] | of an official attitude toward China… | 而是代表美方表明对中立场… |
[33:37] | I assure you they were not. | 我确定不是美方态度 |
[33:39] | …then China, in turn, | 那么中国 |
[33:41] | might begin to feel that the United States’ debt | 将重新考虑对美方的债务投资 |
[33:44] | is a less than reliable investment for our surplus. | 是否让中方有利可图 |
[33:49] | Yes, sir. | 是 部长 |
[33:50] | Good day, Ms. Tolliver. | 日安 托利佛女士 |
[33:52] | Good day, sir. | 日安 部长 |
[33:54] | Oy. | 天 |
[33:55] | Yeah. | 懂 |
[33:56] | Wait till you see how inspired | 等着看你那些小跟班们 |
[33:57] | the lowly grunts are by their unsinkable leader. | 见到他们屹立不倒的领导多欣喜吧 |
[34:00] | Bounces back from a heart attack the same day. | 当天从心脏病发作中重新振作 |
[34:01] | Imaginary heart attack. | 不是真的心脏病 |
[34:02] | Huzzah, huzzah. | 太牛掰了 |
[34:04] | It’s better than a real one, believe you me. | 信我 总好过真心脏病突发 |
[34:05] | So are you up for this meeting with Owen? | 你要跟欧文见面吗 |
[34:07] | Yes, absolutely. | 是 必须见 |
[34:08] | – Glad to have you back. – Thank you. | -很高兴你回来 -谢谢 |
[34:08] | Because even though he was in town, | 因为即使他在华府 |
[34:09] | it took a lot of wrangling | 这么短时间内 |
[34:10] | to get him into the room under such short notice. | 把他叫过来 我费了不少唇舌 |
[34:11] | I’m not going to embarrass you. Don’t have to worry about it. | 我不会给你丢脸 别担心 |
[34:14] | Good, because if it were up to me, | 很好 因为要是我做主 |
[34:15] | the only person you’d be in a room with is a psychiatrist. | 你现在唯一会见的人是精神科医生 |
[34:18] | Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. | 感谢如此”信任”我 |
[34:20] | I’m withholding that until we see if your plan actually works. | 直到你的计划有效 我对你不抱希望 |
[34:23] | So, you set? | 准备好了吗 |
[34:33] | You good? | 你还好吗 |
[34:36] | What? | 什么 |
[34:37] | Are you good to go? | 准备好见他了吗 |
[34:38] | Yes. | 对 |
[34:38] | Yeah, absolutely. I just… | 是 绝对是 我只是… |
[34:40] | I’m gonna… um… one thing… | 我去… 就一件事… |
[34:43] | No, no, I got it. I got it. I’m… Right back. | 没事 我很好 我…马上回来 |
[34:52] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[34:54] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[34:56] | So… | 那个… |
[34:59] | …turns out, you were right. | 现在看来 你是对的 |
[35:01] | Maybe, um, | 也许 |
[35:04] | coming back today wasn’t such a hot idea after all. | 今天回来工作确实不是个好主意 |
[35:10] | Owen, it’s been too long. St. Moritz, right? | 欧文 好久不见 上次在圣莫里茨对吧 |
[35:13] | How the hell are you? | 你过得怎么样 |
[35:13] | Uh, well, a little confused. | 有点没搞清状况 |
[35:15] | I thought I was meeting the Secretary. | 我以为我要跟国务卿会面 |
[35:16] | We were walking in the door, | 我们刚要进来 |
[35:17] | she got a call from the White House. Big mess in Russia. | 她接到白宫一通电话 俄罗斯出了乱子 |
[35:21] | Very big, | 大乱子 |
[35:22] | very messy. But you didn’t hear it from us. | 情况很糟 但请你务必保密 |
[35:24] | Nadine Tolliver, | 我是纳丁·托利佛 |
[35:26] | Secretary McCord’s Chief of Staff. | 国务卿麦考德的参谋长 |
[35:27] | Thank you so much for coming in. | 感谢你专门前来 |
[35:29] | And this is Laura… something something. | 这位叫劳拉 劳拉什么的 |
[35:31] | Uh, Vargas. Pleased to meet you. | 劳拉·瓦加斯 幸会 |
[35:32] | Uh, look, I-I don’t want to be rude or whatever, | 听着 我不想失礼 |
[35:35] | but I’ve got a gala I’m supposed to go to in a little while… | 但稍后我要出席一个盛典… |
[35:36] | Oh, Mr. Walton, please. | 沃尔顿 拜托 |
[35:39] | The Secretary had hoped to discuss an opportunity with you. | 国务卿想跟您商讨一个机遇 |
[35:42] | The chance for your charitable foundation to save | 让您的慈善基金会有机会 |
[35:46] | over 4,000 square miles of pristine | 拯救四千平方英里的 |
[35:50] | Amazonian rainforest. | 亚马逊热带雨林 |
[35:51] | While th-that’s an important number unto itself, | 然而这些土地对雨林本身很重要 |
[35:54] | the positive impact on the health of the planet | 因为它对整个地球的良好影响 |
[35:56] | would be exponentially larger. | 将成倍增长 |
[35:59] | Uh, look, uh, that — this is super cool | 听着… 我觉得这个想法很棒 |
[36:01] | and I’m all about the environment. | 我个人非常支持环保 |
[36:03] | I mean, my foundation | 我是说 我的基金会 |
[36:04] | is already doing this whole thing with reefs. | 已经对珊瑚礁进行保护了 |
[36:08] | Or maybe sharks. But either way, it’s amazing. | 还是保护鲨鱼来着 但总之很棒 |
[36:11] | You should set up a meeting with them. | 你们应该跟他们详谈一下 |
[36:12] | Let me put all this another way, Owen. | 让我这么说吧 欧文 |
[36:15] | How would you like to win a Nobel Prize | 你想不想 |
[36:18] | for sticking it to Chip Harding? | 诚心给奇普·哈尔丁添堵 |
[36:22] | Chip wants to drill down there? | 奇普想开采那里吗 |
[36:26] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[36:35] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[36:36] | Evening, Henry. | 晚上好 亨利 |
[36:38] | Look… | 听着… |
[36:39] | I come in peace. | 我是过来示好的 |
[36:44] | Good fix you had on the Ecuador thing. | 厄瓜多尔这件事 你解决得不错 |
[36:48] | Sounds like your team handled it well, too. | 看来你的团队处理得当 |
[36:49] | I shouldn’t have doubted you. | 我不应该置疑你 |
[36:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:52] | I mean, China’s not happy. | 中国政府不太开心 |
[36:54] | Yeah, well, they lost. | 他们失去这块肥肉了 |
[36:56] | And because I screamed at Minister Chen. | 还因为我朝陈部长大喊了 |
[36:59] | Nadine calmed him down. | 纳丁安抚了他 |
[37:03] | And the Vice President’s taking him bowling | 副总统带他去打保龄 |
[37:05] | or some damn thing. | 带他消遣去了 |
[37:11] | Summer after junior year of high school, | 十一年级的暑假 |
[37:14] | my big brother Kenny took me fishing | 我哥肯尼为了奖励我成绩全优 |
[37:17] | for getting straight A’s. | 带我去钓鱼 |
[37:20] | My dad took off when we were kids, so… | 我爸在我们很小时就离开我们了 所以… |
[37:24] | Anyway, we were driving back, at night, | 总之 我们晚上驾车回来 |
[37:28] | and this drunk hunter | 一个醉汉猎人 |
[37:30] | T-boned us with his truck. | 开着卡车从侧面撞来 |
[37:33] | I was a little banged up. | 我受了轻伤 |
[37:36] | But Kenny died at the scene. | 但肯尼当场死亡 |
[37:42] | Makes it back from Vietnam in one piece, | 他从越南战场上幸存归来 |
[37:46] | he dies right there on the side of the highway | 结果死在高速公路上 |
[37:48] | with the paramedics working on him | 急救人员抢救无效 |
[37:50] | and the looky-loos slowing down | 一群过路的人都放慢车速 |
[37:53] | and gawk. | 看热闹 |
[37:58] | Anyway, I’m mostly good now. | 总之 我现在释怀多了 |
[38:02] | I won’t bore you with my triggers. | 就不跟你絮叨我的痛处了 |
[38:06] | Suffice to say I haven’t been fishing in a while. | 这么说吧 我很久都没再去钓鱼了 |
[38:12] | Here’s someone who can keep her mouth shut. | 这个心理医生嘴风很紧 |
[38:19] | Welcome to the club. | 都是同病相怜之人 |
[38:23] | Thanks, Russell. | 谢谢 拉塞尔 |
[38:26] | Take care of yourself, Bess. | 请多保重 贝丝 |
[38:41] | I wonder how she’s doing. | 不知道她情况如何了 |
[38:42] | Well, her last text said she was resting… | 她上条短信说她在休息… |
[38:45] | and bored. | 快闷死了 |
[38:47] | So, Laura, way to hit it out of the park on your first at bat. | 劳拉 第一次上场[击球] 表现惊艳啊 |
[38:50] | Welcome to the bigs. | 欢迎晋身成功行列[职业棒球联盟] |
[38:52] | Oh, uh, he’s terrible at sports, by the way. | 顺便说一下 他运动细胞很差 |
[38:54] | Most of my friends from grad school are still writing | 我研究生学院的朋友们还在写 |
[38:57] | their dissertations. | 硕士论文 |
[38:58] | We actually did something today. | 我们今天真的付诸行动了 |
[39:00] | To that rarest of Washington feats: actually doing something. | 敬华盛顿罕见的壮举 付诸行动 |
[39:03] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 |
[39:04] | Salud. | 干杯 |
[39:07] | I just hope the media noise | 我只希望 |
[39:08] | about the hospital visit will die down. | 媒体对医院探病一事能就此作罢 |
[39:11] | Honestly, I don’t think it will | 说实话 我觉得不可能 |
[39:12] | until she does Face the Nation. | 除非她出席《面向全国》 |
[39:14] | If she does Face the Nation. | 假设她想上节目的话 |
[39:17] | That’s a double kill. | 双连杀 |
[39:25] | Do you want to tell me about it? | 想跟我谈谈那件事吗 |
[39:32] | Fred Cole and the guys in my detail | 弗莱德·科尔以及我的其他安保队员 |
[39:34] | died because I went to Iran. | 因为我前往伊朗而丧生 |
[39:36] | They died saving me. | 为了救我而牺牲 |
[39:39] | They died saving their country from a war. | 他们为了自己国家避免战争而牺牲 |
[39:42] | They died doing their duty. | 他们是为国捐躯 |
[39:43] | They died… | 他们… |
[39:46] | because of me. | 因我而牺牲 |
[39:47] | Babe, | 亲爱的 |
[39:49] | you did not force Fred Cole to run toward the gunfire. | 你没强迫弗莱德·科尔跟敌人火拼 |
[39:52] | That was his choice. | 那是他的选择 |
[39:53] | And you know he would do it again. | 而且你知道他绝不后悔 |
[39:57] | And then there’s Abdol. | 还有阿卜杜尔 |
[40:00] | Javani’s son, right? | 贾瓦尼之子 对吗 |
[40:02] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[40:06] | He was there. | 他当时在场 |
[40:11] | He was there in the room, too. | 他当时也在房间里 |
[40:14] | I didn’t tell you — | 我没告诉你… |
[40:16] | I didn’t tell anyone — | 没告诉任何人… |
[40:20] | ’cause I couldn’t get to him. | 因为我没能把他拉过来 |
[40:24] | I wanted so badly to protect that boy. | 我极度想保护那孩子 |
[40:28] | Or at least keep him from seeing his father | 至少不让他目睹父亲 |
[40:31] | murdered in his own living room. | 被人杀死在自家客厅里 |
[40:34] | But I couldn’t. | 但我没法做到 |
[40:39] | Fred was on top of me. | 弗莱德压在我身上 |
[40:44] | And I couldn’t… get to him. | 我够不到…不能拉他过来 |
[40:51] | How in the world is that boy supposed to go on? | 那个男孩将如何继续生活下去 |
[40:59] | We do all these horrible things to each other. | 我们总是自相残杀 |
[41:06] | And there are always, always kids in the middle. | 可无辜受牵连的总是孩子 |
[41:18] | Henry, | 亨利 |
[41:21] | what have I done to our sweet children? | 我对我们亲爱的孩子都做了什么 |
[41:52] | Madam Secretary, you made an unprecedented trip | 国务卿女士 你史无前例地赴伊朗 |
[41:55] | to Iran to save the nuclear deal between the Iranians | 去解决伊朗与美国之间的 |
[42:00] | and the United States. | 核协议问题 |
[42:01] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[42:02] | And while you were there, of course, | 在此期间 |
[42:05] | a coup that was eventually, uh, foiled, uh, began. | 您最终还阻止了一场即将发起的政变 |
[42:09] | You were in the room | 贾瓦尼部长被杀时 |
[42:11] | when the Foreign Minister Javani was killed. | 您当时也在场 |
[42:13] | That’s right. | 对 |
[42:15] | Who else was there, and-and what happened? | 还有谁在 发生了什么 |
[42:19] | We were at Minister Javani’s house when it happened. | 事发时 我们在贾瓦尼部长的家中 |
[42:23] | Several members of my security detail | 我安保队的几名队员 |
[42:25] | were wounded or killed. | 当时受了伤或丧生了 |
[42:28] | Their courage was awe-inspiring, | 他们的精神值得嘉奖 |
[42:30] | and I deeply mourn their loss, as does the entire country. | 我和整个国家都对他们的牺牲表示哀悼 |
[42:34] | Minister Javani’s son witnessed his father’s death. | 贾瓦尼部长的儿子目睹了父亲的身亡 |
[42:39] | As a mother, I would’ve given anything | 作为一位母亲 我会不顾一切 |
[42:42] | to protect that child. | 保护那个孩子 |
[42:45] | Which is why | 因此 |
[42:46] | I am determined as ever to see through | 我一如既往地坚定 |
[42:48] | the nuclear agreement that his father gave his life for. | 要完成这份他父亲用生命换来的核协议 |
[42:51] | Because I think that’s our greatest | 因为我认为这是 |
[42:54] | responsibility in this life: | 我们今生肩负的使命 |
[42:56] | to leave a safer | 为我们的后代 |
[42:58] | and more peaceful world for our children. | 创造一个更安全 更和平的世界 |
[43:02] | Madam Secretary, thank you. | 国务卿女士 谢谢您 |
[43:04] | Thank you, Bob. | 谢谢 鲍勃 |