时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 海难礁 南海 | |
[00:06] | Come on. | 快 |
[00:07] | Come on, let’s move. Okay, guys, | 快点 行动 各位 |
[00:08] | let’s get what we can and get out fast. | 尽量完成 尽快离开 |
[00:10] | My name is Becca Mason. | 我是贝卡·梅森 |
[00:11] | My colleagues and I, | 我的同事和我 |
[00:12] | with the environmental group Ocean Relief Foundation, | 来自名为海洋救助基金会的一个环保组织 |
[00:14] | have managed to sneak ashore here on Shipwreck Reef. | 我们成功地偷偷登上了海难礁 |
[00:17] | Until recently, it was an uninhabited atoll, | 在不久之前 这里一直是无人居住的环礁 |
[00:20] | home to an incredibly biodiverse coral reef. | 是许多种生物的家园 |
[00:22] | Like many such atolls, | 但像其他环礁一样 |
[00:24] | this reef is being developed by the Chinese military. | 这座礁岛正在被中国军队开发 |
[00:27] | And by “developed”? I mean demolished. | 而所谓的”开发” 其实是在破坏 |
[00:30] | You can see the construction going on over there. | 你们可以看到那里正在进行的施工 |
[00:32] | To build airstrips and radar stations, | 是要建造飞机跑道和雷达站 |
[00:34] | they pulverize the coral | 他们粉碎了珊瑚 |
[00:36] | and pave over it with concrete, | 然后用混凝土铺平 |
[00:38] | destroying it forever. | 永远地破坏了它 |
[00:40] | Maybe you’re thinking, “so what? | 或许你会觉得 “这又怎样 |
[00:41] | who cares about a little speck | 谁会关心遥远大海中的 |
[00:42] | in the middle of a faraway sea?” | 一块小岛礁呢” |
[00:44] | Then consider this: These reefs | 那请你考虑一下 这些礁石 |
[00:47] | provide one tenth of all the seafood on Earth, | 为地球提供了十分之一的海鲜 |
[00:50] | providing food for millions of people. | 为几百万人提供了食物 |
[00:53] | What will happen when that food is gone? | 如果这些食物都没了 人类会怎么样 |
[00:56] | We’re here because someone needs to act | 我们来这是因为要让人们采取行动 |
[00:58] | before it’s too late. | 以免为时已晚 |
[00:59] | We’re hoping you’ll see this and that someone will be you. | 我们希望你会看到这个 然后有所行动 |
[01:03] | They’re here. Let’s go. | 他们来了 我们快走 |
[01:06] | Do we have it? | 传上去了吗 |
[01:08] | Wait, guys, do we have it?! | 等一下 各位 传上去了吗 |
[01:14] | – We’re good. – Let’s get the hell out of here. | -好了 -我们赶紧走 |
[01:19] | Becca. | 贝卡 |
[01:29] | I just can’t believe you didn’t mention | 我只是不敢相信 |
[01:30] | Ray Merchant to the FBI, that’s all. | 你竟然没跟联调局说雷·麦钱特的事 |
[01:32] | I didn’t think it was relevant. | 我觉得他跟这事没关系 |
[01:34] | Elizabeth, someone is stalking our family. | 伊丽莎白 有人在跟踪我们的家人 |
[01:36] | How could a former student | 一个以前十分迷恋你的学生 |
[01:37] | who is obsessed with you not be relevant? | 怎么会没关系呢 |
[01:40] | He just wanted me to be his thesis advisor. | 他当时只是想让我当他的论文导师 |
[01:43] | Oh, he wanted you to be a lot more than that. | 他可不只是这么一点想法 |
[01:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:47] | Admittedly, Ray got a little weird. | 我承认 雷是有点怪癖 |
[01:50] | – A lit… – And don’t say, | -一点… -别又说 |
[01:51] | “Oh, he got a lot more than that.” | “他可不只是有一点怪癖” |
[01:53] | – Well, he did. – Yeah, okay. | -的确是这样 -好吧 |
[01:54] | He did. | 是这样 |
[01:55] | He’s bipolar, | 他有躁郁症 |
[01:57] | and the school dealt with it, | 而且学校已经处理过他了 |
[01:59] | and we haven’t heard anything from him since. | 从那之后就再也没听过他的事了 |
[02:03] | You do remember I used to do this kind of stuff for the CIA. | 你还记得我以前在中情局就是干这个的吧 |
[02:07] | Can you get your corner, please? | 能把你那边铺一下吗 |
[02:08] | No, I will not, and I don’t appreciate | 不行 而且你对此事 |
[02:10] | how glib you’re being about this right now. | 油腔滑调的态度 我很不高兴 |
[02:13] | That’s your excuse for not helping. | 这就是你不帮忙的理由 |
[02:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:17] | That… was a little glib. | 这句是有点油腔滑调 |
[02:19] | What did he say to you when you turned him down? | 你当时拒绝他的时候他跟你说了什么 |
[02:23] | He said he wanted to hurt himself and me. | 他说他想伤害他自己和我 |
[02:28] | Okay, but you of all people, you know how wound up | 好吧 但你应该最清楚 |
[02:31] | these gifted kids can get. | 这种有天赋的孩子能干出什么来 |
[02:33] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[02:34] | Do you really think that a brilliant young guy | 你真的觉得一个十分聪明 |
[02:35] | with a screw loose couldn’t have pulled off some of the stuff | 精神又有问题的年轻人做不出 |
[02:37] | that’s been happening? | 这些事情吗 |
[02:38] | I don’t know where Ray Merchant is now, | 我不知道雷·麦钱特现在在哪 |
[02:40] | but I doubt an interview with the FBI | 但我觉得接受联调局的问话 |
[02:42] | would be very good for his mental health. | 对他的精神健康不会有什么好处 |
[02:43] | That’s not my problem. | 这不关我的事 |
[02:44] | The safety of our family is my problem. | 我只关心我家人的安全问题 |
[02:46] | – A problem I caused. – I… That’s not what I meant. | -我引起的问题 -我 我不是那个意思 |
[02:49] | Yeah, but that’s the truth of it, right? | 是 但事实就是这样 对吧 |
[02:50] | Someone’s threatening our kids, and it’s my fault. | 有人在威胁我们的孩子 是我造成的 |
[02:53] | Elizabeth, no one believes in your work, | 伊丽莎白 没人比我更相信你的工作 |
[02:54] | in you, more than I do. | 相信你 |
[02:57] | Do you know who else is obsessed with me? | 你知道还有谁迷恋我吗 |
[02:58] | Hezbollah, ISIS, | 黎巴嫩真主党 伊斯兰国 |
[03:00] | the Sinaloa Cartel. | 锡纳罗亚贩毒集团 |
[03:02] | Any one of them would happily murder | 它们中随便哪个组织 |
[03:04] | our family if it would further their agenda. | 都会为了自己的事业而谋杀我的家人 |
[03:06] | So, you know, that’s fun to live with. | 所以 这真挺有意思的 |
[03:08] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[03:09] | It’s just that, a lot of times, | 大多数情况下 |
[03:12] | stalkers have a personal relationship with their victims. | 跟踪者与被害人之间都是有私人关系的 |
[03:14] | I had a bad feeling about this kid then, | 当时我就对这个孩子有不好的感觉 |
[03:16] | and I still have it now. | 现在仍然还有 |
[03:18] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:19] | Y-you want to talk to the FBI, you can talk to the FBI. | 要是你想跟联调局说的话 那你就说吧 |
[03:24] | – On one condition. – Name it. | -有个条件 -说吧 |
[03:26] | You have to put the shams on the big pillows. | 你得把这些枕套套上 |
[03:30] | I’m sorry, but glib is the only way I can deal right now. | 抱歉 我现在只会用油腔滑调来应付 |
[03:33] | Oh, man, that’s the worst job in the whole house. | 天哪 这是家里最糟糕的活了 |
[03:36] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[03:38] | and Nadine is wondering how China’s taking | 纳丁想知道中国对海洋救助基金会的 |
[03:40] | of the activists from Ocean Relief Foundation | 积极分子的逮捕行为会对你越南之行 |
[03:42] | will impact your trip to Vietnam. | 造成什么样的影响 |
[03:45] | You mean the Great Catfish Summit? | 你是说大鲶鱼峰会吗 |
[03:48] | It’s a $360 million industry in the U.S. | 这是给美国带来三亿六千万产值的行业 |
[03:50] | Vietnam is undercutting our producers on the world market. | 而越南正以低价抢占国际市场 |
[03:53] | Which is one of the last impediments | 这也是两国关系全面正常化 |
[03:54] | to full normalization between our countries. | 唯一的阻碍了 |
[03:57] | I know why I’m going, Blake. | 我知道我是做什么去的 布莱克 |
[04:00] | How’s your Uncle Fred the catfish farmer, by the way? | 对了 你那位养鲶鱼的叔叔弗雷德怎么样了 |
[04:03] | E-mailing voluminously, ma’am. | 发了很多电子邮件 国务卿 |
[04:05] | Ooh. In answer to, uh, Nadine’s question, | 对于纳丁的问题 |
[04:09] | I see no reason | 我觉得 |
[04:10] | why the Ocean Relief situation | 海洋救助基金会那件事 |
[04:12] | would impact my trip at this point. | 现在不会对我的出访造成影响 |
[04:15] | Daisy is getting input from the group | 黛西正在从那个组织获取资料 |
[04:17] | and putting together a statement. | 然后整理成一份声明 |
[04:19] | Ooh, speaking of statements, have the Chinese made one yet? | 说到声明 中国方面有回应吗 |
[04:21] | Not as yet, no. | 目前还没有 |
[04:23] | Well, that’s something. | 挺有意思 |
[04:25] | The South China Sea is one of the most dangerous flash points | 南海是地球上最危险的 |
[04:28] | on this planet. | 导火索之一 |
[04:29] | What the hell were those kids doing out there? | 那群孩子去那干什么 |
[04:31] | Protesting its destruction, apparently. | 很显然是为了抗议破坏 |
[04:33] | Which they’re not wrong about. | 而他们做得没错 |
[04:35] | Okay, so, for the briefing, China’s building these bases | 好吧 简而言之 中国建造那些基地 |
[04:37] | to assert its claim that it owns the whole sea because why? | 从而宣称他们对整片海洋的主权 为了什么 |
[04:40] | Oil and gas. Shipping lanes. | 石油和天然气 航道 |
[04:42] | Fishing’s pretty good, too. | 渔业也不错 |
[04:43] | You guys, 11 billion proven barrels of oil | 南海海底已经证实有110亿桶原油 |
[04:46] | underneath the SCS. That’s what China wants. | 这就是中国想要的 |
[04:48] | What are we even talking about? | 我们在说什么呢 |
[04:50] | Maybe they want control of the $5 trillion worth of cargo | 或许他们想控制每年经过那里的 |
[04:52] | that passes through it each year. | 价值五万亿的货物 |
[04:53] | $1.2 trillion of which touches U.S. Ports, because, | 其中一点二万亿的货物会到达美国港口 |
[04:56] | you know, we buy everything from China now. | 因为我们现在都是从中国买东西 |
[04:57] | Okay, you want to play fun with numbers? Here. | 好吧 你们想摆数据是吧 听好了 |
[05:00] | A population of 1.3 billion with one of the world’s | 一个拥有十三亿人的国家 而且他们的 |
[05:03] | largest fisheries in its backyard. | 渔业是全世界规模最大的 |
[05:06] | – All I’m saying. – Oh, and don’t forget to note | -这就是我要说的 -别忘了 |
[05:08] | that tensions have been rising dangerously | 气氛已经很紧张了 |
[05:09] | not just with the U.S. | 不光是与美国 |
[05:10] | But with all of China’s neighbors on the sea. | 是与所有南海沿线的邻国 |
[05:12] | It’s a real powder keg. | 那真是个炸药桶 |
[05:13] | God, what the hell were those kids doing out there? | 天哪 那些孩子去那干什么 |
[05:15] | – Exactly. – Good luck with the briefing. | -我就说嘛 -祝你的简报好运 |
[05:17] | Well, with any luck, we might not have to do a briefing at all. | 运气好的话 我们可能都不需要做简报了 |
[05:21] | The Chinese haven’t even released a statement. | 中国还没有发表任何声明 |
[05:23] | I’m sure they’re not looking to set off a confrontation | 我相信他们不会为了这么小一件事 |
[05:25] | over an incident this small. | 而引发冲突 |
[05:27] | Besides, Chen and I have a pretty good relationship. | 况且 陈和我关系很好 |
[05:29] | I’m sure we can sort this out. | 我相信我们能解决的 |
[05:30] | I have the foreign minister ready for you. | 外交部长准备好了 |
[05:32] | Oh, great. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[05:34] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[05:35] | I wanted to reach out to you about this situation | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[05:38] | with the activists because | 那些积极分子的事 |
[05:40] | I think it’s in both our interests | 因为我觉得尽快解决这个误会 |
[05:41] | to resolve this… misunderstanding quickly. | 对我们双方都有利 |
[05:45] | – I agree. – Good. So where do we start? | -我同意 -太好了 那该怎么谈 |
[05:48] | Simply acknowledge that they were trespassing | 很简单 承认他们侵犯了 |
[05:50] | on Chinese territory, and we can go from there. | 中国的领土 然后我们再谈 |
[05:52] | Well, obviously, I’m not gonna do that. | 很显然 我不会那么做 |
[05:56] | Not one country in the world, mine included, | 世界上没有哪个国家 包括我国 |
[06:00] | recognizes the territorial claims China is making | 承认中国对南海所宣称的 |
[06:03] | in the South China Sea. | 领土主权 |
[06:05] | Then the Western spies we apprehended | 那被我们逮捕的西方间谍 |
[06:07] | will be tried for trespassing on our island. | 将会以入侵我国岛屿的罪名被起诉 |
[06:10] | Not only is it not your island, | 那不仅不是你们的岛屿 |
[06:13] | it’s not even an island. | 那根本就不是个岛 |
[06:16] | It’s a coral atoll | 那只是个珊瑚环礁 |
[06:17] | you illegally annexed and paved over. | 你们在那非法地建造和填铺 |
[06:19] | And, furthermore, spies? | 再说了 他们也算间谍吗 |
[06:22] | Really? Come on, Ming. | 开什么玩笑 明 |
[06:24] | We’ve worked closely together on a range of incredibly | 我们曾经一起合作解决过诸多 |
[06:27] | complex issues. | 极其复杂的问题 |
[06:28] | I think we can handle some hippies on a raft. | 几个橡皮艇上的愤青的事一定能解决的 |
[06:31] | I believe I’ve made China’s position clear. | 我想中方的立场我已经说得很清楚了 |
[06:33] | You would be wise not to meddle further in our internal affairs. | 你们最好不要再干涉我国内政 |
[06:36] | Then let me be equally clear: | 那我也说清楚 |
[06:39] | Those activists were taken on disputed territory | 那些积极分子是在争议领地被逮捕的 |
[06:42] | and, therefore, illegally. | 因此那是非法逮捕 |
[06:44] | We want them released immediately. | 希望你们立即释放他们 |
[06:47] | It seems we have nothing further to discuss. | 看来我们没有什么好谈的了 |
[06:49] | Good day, Madam Secretary. | 祝好 国务卿女士 |
[06:52] | Ming out. | 明挂了 |
[06:55] | Right? | 是吧 |
[06:56] | What the hell was that? | 这像什么话 |
[06:58] | Your motorcade is waiting to take you to the White House. | 您的车队正等着载您去白宫 |
[07:00] | Good. ‘Cause I have some recommendations for the President. | 很好 我正要给总统提点建议 |
[07:04] | And after the incident at UVA, | 经历弗吉尼亚大学的意外之后 |
[07:07] | has Mr. Merchant attempted to… make contact | 麦钱特先生是否试图用任何方式联系过… |
[07:11] | with your wife in any way? | 你的妻子 |
[07:12] | Not that we’re aware of. | 据我所知没有 |
[07:13] | But on social media, | 但在社交媒体上 |
[07:15] | he’s been highly critical of U.S. foreign policy | 他对美国外交政策特别是我的妻子 |
[07:18] | in general and of my wife specifically. | 大肆指责 |
[07:21] | Secretary McCord’s legacy: | 国务卿麦考德的政绩: |
[07:23] | a string of epic disasters? | 一连串的巨大灾难 |
[07:25] | Secretary McCord should be ashamed. | 国务卿麦考德应当感到羞愧 |
[07:27] | So many innocent lives ruined. #criminal? | 无数无辜的生命逝去 #罪犯# |
[07:30] | Tell me, did any of his posts contain | 告诉我 他有没有帖子 |
[07:32] | direct threats against the Secretary or your family? | 直接威胁了国务卿以及你家人的 |
[07:36] | Direct threats, no. | 直接威胁 没有 |
[07:37] | Then as much as I might disagree with them, | 尽管我不赞同他的意见 |
[07:41] | the man’s entitled to his opinions. | 但他有说这些话的权利 |
[07:42] | Of course. But look at this. | 当然了 看这个 |
[07:44] | On his profile page, | 他的个人资料页 |
[07:47] | under Works Act, he wrote I.T. specialist. | 工作经历 他写的是IT专家 |
[07:49] | Now, given the technical nature of the attacks against my family | 鉴于对我家人的攻击的技术性质 |
[07:53] | and his history with my wife, I would say | 以及他对我妻子一直以来的意见 |
[07:54] | that Ray Merchant has both means and motive. | 我认为雷·麦钱特同时符合作案手法和动机 |
[07:57] | He might. | 他是可能有 |
[08:00] | As I said, we’re looking carefully | 如我所说 我们正在 |
[08:01] | at a range of potential suspects. | 仔细调查一系列潜在嫌犯 |
[08:03] | But I assure you, we’ll look at Mr. Merchant as well. | 但我向你保证 我们也会调查麦钱特先生 |
[08:06] | When? | 什么时候 |
[08:08] | Look, the main thing is for you and your family to stay calm… | 最重要的是你和你的家人保持镇静 |
[08:10] | My family is under attack, Agent Santangelo. | 我的家人遭到了攻击 圣安杰洛探员 |
[08:13] | I asked you a question. | 我问了你一个问题 |
[08:15] | When are you going to look into Ray Merchant? | 你们准备什么时候调查雷·麦钱特 |
[08:18] | As soon as possible. | 尽快 |
[08:21] | Thank you for your time. | 耽误了 |
[08:22] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[08:24] | My regards to the Secretary. | 问候国务卿 |
[08:28] | Bess, I’m thinking | 贝丝 |
[08:28] | you should hold off on your trip to Vietnam | 我想你最好等中国这边的事情解决了 |
[08:30] | until things are settled with China. | 再去访问越南 |
[08:32] | With respect, sir, I disagree. | 恕我直言 总统先生 我不赞成 |
[08:34] | Oh, I think the catfish can wait. | 鲶鱼协定可以之后再商量 |
[08:36] | But our response to China’s aggression can’t. | 但我们对中国侵略的回应可不能耽搁 |
[08:41] | They’re up to something. | 他们一定有所目的 |
[08:42] | I don’t… I don’t know what. | 我不知道是什么 |
[08:46] | Best guess? | 最有可能的呢 |
[08:48] | They’re using this… random event | 他们利用这一次 |
[08:52] | with these activists showing up on Shipwreck Reef as… | 积极分子登上海难礁为借口 |
[08:56] | pretext to go big in the South China Sea. | 来扩大在南海的势力 |
[08:59] | To, what, leverage us | 为了什么 |
[09:01] | into accepting their territorial claims? | 要挟我们接受他们的领土主张吗 |
[09:03] | Well, why else would they be so intransigent | 不然他们怎么会面临诸多风险 |
[09:06] | when there’s so much at stake? | 还坚决不妥协 |
[09:08] | I mean, maybe they’ve decided | 也许他们已经决定了 |
[09:11] | this is their moment. | 就趁这一次 |
[09:12] | So what do you suggest we do? | 你的建议呢 |
[09:16] | Go to Vietnam. | 访问越南 |
[09:19] | Together. | 一起去 |
[09:23] | A presidential visit would certainly send the Chinese | 总统访问定然会向中方传达 |
[09:26] | a message that we’re not blinking. | 我们不受威胁的信息 |
[09:28] | Furthermore, the catfish deal got hung up in part | 此外 鲶鱼协定还没谈妥 |
[09:32] | because Vietnam was holding out | 是因为越南 |
[09:34] | for a small amount of lethal military aid. | 想要得到小规模杀伤性武器援助 |
[09:36] | I propose that if China hasn’t released the activists | 我建议要是中国在我们落地前 |
[09:39] | by the time we touch down, | 仍未释放积极分子 |
[09:41] | we give Vietnam the kitchen sink. | 我们就给越南提供一点援助 |
[09:43] | Wow. Chen must have really pissed you off this morning. | 陈今天早上真是把你惹怒了 |
[09:47] | You’d think he’d know better by now. | 原以为他现在已经学乖了 |
[09:52] | How does this comport with our values? | 这跟我们的价值观怎么相符 |
[09:56] | Vietnam’s human rights record isn’t exactly inspirational. | 越南的人权记录可不怎么样 |
[09:59] | Which is why we’ll include certain benchmarks | 这也是为什么我们要设立硬性条件 |
[10:01] | that they’ll have to meet to get the hardware they want. | 他们必须达标才能得到他们需要的军备 |
[10:04] | You know, the last time I saw Vietnam | 我上一次去越南 |
[10:07] | was at the end of my second tour of duty. | 还是第二次越战的时候 |
[10:09] | Well, no time like the present. | 机不可失 |
[10:12] | You’d not only be sending | 你不只是向中国传达了消息 |
[10:13] | a message to China but to the Evans campaign as well. | 同时也传达给了埃文斯阵营 |
[10:16] | Show that just because you’re running as an independent, | 让他们知道即便你已经作为独立竞选人竞选 |
[10:18] | you haven’t gone soft on defense. | 在国防上你也依然强硬 |
[10:20] | Which is something that Evans is always going on about. | 这确实是埃文斯一直攻击你的地方 |
[10:22] | Yeah. Pretty rich coming from a guy who hasn’t seen | 是啊 这样的攻击出自于 |
[10:24] | the inside of a recruitment center, | 一个连征兵营都没去过的家伙 |
[10:26] | much less a combat zone. | 更不用说战区了 |
[10:27] | Well, we all serve in our own way. | 我们都用自己的方式服务我们的国家 |
[10:29] | Yes. And you served with honor. | 没错 你曾经荣耀地为国出征 |
[10:32] | I mean, if you were to revisit | 如果你能重新造访 |
[10:35] | – some of your old… – I’m not trading | -你的老战友… -我不会 |
[10:36] | on my military service for the damn election. | 利用我的兵役生涯来为选举加分 |
[10:39] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[10:40] | Still, Bess makes a good point. | 不过 贝丝说得很有道理 |
[10:43] | China’s pushing us. | 中国在向我们施压 |
[10:44] | We need to push back. | 我们得反击 |
[10:46] | The trip’s on. | 就去越南吧 |
[10:48] | That’ll be all. | 先到这吧 |
[10:49] | – Thank you, sir. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢 总统先生 -是 总统先生 |
[10:58] | Mr. President, I’d heard wonderful things | 总统先生 我听说了 |
[11:00] | about the progress your country has made, | 你们国家的重大进展 |
[11:02] | but those reports pale in comparison to seeing it firsthand. | 但那些报告百闻不如一见 |
[11:05] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[11:07] | We felt you would be more interested | 我们觉得你会更有兴趣 |
[11:09] | to see Ho Chi Minh City, | 游览胡志明市 |
[11:11] | which you would remember from your youth, | 比起首都来说 更能回忆起 |
[11:13] | than the capital. | 你的年轻岁月 |
[11:14] | If you had told me when I was a 20-year-old lieutenant | 如果在我20岁还是个中尉的时候 |
[11:16] | that all these years later, this is where I’d be, | 你告诉我我会当上总统 |
[11:19] | I’d have told you you’re crazy. | 我可能会跟你说你疯了 |
[11:22] | If you had told me that I would even survive the war, | 如果你告诉我我能从战火中幸存下来 |
[11:26] | I would have told you you were crazy. | 我也会说你疯了 |
[11:30] | Look at them, strolling and chatting. | 看看他们 闲逛畅聊 |
[11:33] | You’d never guess they fought a war against each other. | 你可想象不到他们曾互相交战 |
[11:36] | Well, our countries have come a long way. | 我们的国家都走过了漫长的道路 |
[11:39] | Yes, but not so far that the President of the United States | 是啊 但目前为止可没有美国总统 |
[11:42] | just drops by to say hello. | 就只是过来打招呼的 |
[11:43] | Again, I do apologize for the short notice. | 再次抱歉没有提前通知 |
[11:46] | No, it’s an honor. | 不用 这是我们的荣幸 |
[11:48] | But with all due respect, Madam Secretary, | 但恕我直言 国务卿女士 |
[11:51] | I’m waiting for the catch. | 我在等你们提条件 |
[11:54] | We came here to discuss | 我们是来讨论 |
[11:55] | the military aid portion of the trade deal. | 贸易协定里的军事援助部分的 |
[11:58] | Which we will have to insist upon | 如果要通过任何协定 |
[12:00] | if any deal is to go through. | 这部分都是我们坚持的 |
[12:01] | The United States is prepared to lift | 美国准备完全取消 |
[12:03] | the arms embargo entirely. | 军备禁运 |
[12:08] | What’s the matter, catfish got your tongue? | 怎么了 鲶鱼咬住舌头了 |
[12:14] | We were prepared for a much bigger fight | 我们本来准备打持久战了 |
[12:16] | over much less. | 没想到如此轻松 |
[12:19] | Well, here’s the catch you were waiting for. | 以下是你等着的条件 |
[12:22] | There are certain human rights | 具体的人权指标 |
[12:24] | and civil society benchmarks | 和社会文明指标 |
[12:26] | that Vietnam will have to meet in order to get | 越南都必须要达标才能够 |
[12:29] | the bigger ticket military items. | 得到关键的军事装备 |
[12:31] | Dissidents for destroyers. Mm… | 容忍不同政见者 换来驱逐舰 |
[12:35] | Of course, the timing of all this | 当然了 这一切的时机 |
[12:38] | makes me wonder if this sudden windfall | 让我不禁想这意外的收获 |
[12:42] | has something to do with the activists | 是不是跟最近中国拘留的 |
[12:44] | China recently detained. | 积极分子有关 |
[12:45] | Let’s just say that we value | 不妨说我们 |
[12:48] | your sovereignty in the South China Sea | 同你们一样尊重 |
[12:51] | as much as you do. | 你们在南海的主权 |
[12:57] | Sir, you wanted to see me? | 总统先生 你找我 |
[13:00] | Just wanted to say nice work putting this together. | 只是想说一句越南这步棋下得漂亮 |
[13:03] | Thank you. Yeah. | 谢谢 |
[13:05] | It was good that I came here. | 我来这里来对了 |
[13:06] | Well, I think so. | 我想也是 |
[13:12] | The city’s so different now, | 城市完全不一样了 |
[13:14] | but the air… | 但这空气 |
[13:16] | smells, feels the same. | 闻起来 还是老样子 |
[13:19] | Humidity, | 湿度 |
[13:21] | smoke from the cooking fires. | 袅袅炊烟 |
[13:25] | Just the faintest hint of jasmine. | 淡淡的茉莉花香 |
[13:28] | Oh, I understand. | 我懂 |
[13:29] | I think. | 我觉得我懂 |
[13:30] | Every time I go back to the Middle East– | 每次我回去中东 |
[13:33] | the heat, | 那股热浪 |
[13:35] | the sand in my clothes. | 衣服里的沙子 |
[13:38] | it brings a lot of it back. | 让我回想起很多事 |
[13:41] | Not all of it welcome. | 有些事我并不愿想起 |
[13:47] | Russell’s always after me to tout my service more. | 拉塞尔总让我宣传军旅生涯来拉选票 |
[13:50] | Well, you certainly could. | 你完全可以 |
[13:53] | Got a lot to be proud of. | 你有很多骄傲的资本 |
[13:54] | Don’t get me wrong, | 别误解 |
[13:55] | I’m proud to have served, but, uh… | 我为自己的军旅生涯感到骄傲 但是… |
[14:00] | …as for what I actually did… | 至于我实际上所做的… |
[14:04] | One time… | 有一次 |
[14:08] | I came this close | 我差一点 |
[14:10] | to shooting a woman | 就枪杀了一个女人 |
[14:11] | and the baby in her arms. | 和她怀里的孩子 |
[14:21] | I was all jacked up on adrenaline from a firefight. | 当时我刚经历一场交火 血气上涌 |
[14:25] | Heard footsteps behind me, so I whirled around, | 听到背后的脚步声就转过身去 |
[14:27] | weapon up, safety off. | 拿出枪 松开保险 |
[14:32] | I honestly can’t tell you why I didn’t pull the trigger. | 我真的说不出我为什么没开枪 |
[14:35] | It sure wasn’t wisdom or heroism or | 肯定不是机智或英雄主义 |
[14:39] | … leadership. | 或领导力什么的 |
[14:45] | It was luck. | 就是幸运 |
[14:49] | Flash of a feeling, at best. | 充其量就是一瞬间的感觉 |
[14:55] | And that’s the difference between me living | 这种感觉让我身居白宫 |
[14:57] | in the White House | 而不是 |
[14:59] | instead of on the street, like so many guys. | 像普通人一样过着寻常生活 |
[15:10] | Listen to the old marine go on and on. | 听我这个老兵一直唠叨 |
[15:12] | – No, no, it’s okay. I’m… – Jet lag. | -不 没关系 -都怪时差 |
[15:14] | Mr. President, Madam Secretary, pardon my interruption. | 总统先生 国务卿女士 抱歉打扰 |
[15:17] | Blake, what’s up? | 布莱克 怎么了 |
[15:17] | Minister Chen is here and wants to see you immediately. | 陈部长来了 想要立刻见您 |
[15:21] | Well, that didn’t take long. | 来得真快 |
[15:22] | Guess they got our message. | 看来他们收到我们的信息了 |
[15:31] | Minister Chen, what a pleasant surprise. | 陈部长 真是意外啊 |
[15:34] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[15:35] | Did you honestly think we would let | 你真的认为我们会对这些骇人的挑衅 |
[15:37] | these outrageous provocations go unanswered? | 不做任何回应吗 |
[15:40] | Did you honestly think we would? | 那你觉得我们就会吗 |
[15:43] | The primary purpose of my visit is | 我来拜访的首要目的是 |
[15:45] | to remind Vietnam we have many levers to pull | 提醒越南 如果他们认为越中友好关系 |
[15:48] | if they choose to take our friendship for granted. | 是理所当然的 那我们有很多方法可以用 |
[15:51] | That’s what you call your history with Vietnam? | 这就是你所谓的越中历史吗 |
[15:53] | A friendship based on mutual respect? | 基于互相尊重的友谊 |
[15:56] | That you would presume to lecture me | 你难道还想就与越南的友谊问题 |
[15:59] | on friendship with Vietnam, when your country | 对我说教吗 你们的国家 |
[16:01] | killed millions of Vietnamese, would be laughable | 当年杀了上百万越南人 想说贻笑大方 |
[16:05] | if it weren’t so sickening. | 只可惜事实上令人厌恶 |
[16:17] | Those activists are innocent, | 那些积极分子是无辜的 |
[16:21] | and their families are terrified. | 他们的家人很害怕 |
[16:25] | Give ’em back, Ming, | 放了他们吧 明 |
[16:26] | before this goes any further. | 别让事态继续恶化 |
[16:31] | To the contrary, | 正好相反 |
[16:32] | the Ministry of Justice has moved up their trial. | 司法部已经推进了审判的进程 |
[16:35] | Espionage being such a serious crime. | 间谍罪是重罪 |
[16:39] | I warned you not to meddle in our affairs. | 我警告过你别干涉我们的内政 |
[16:43] | Now there will be consequences. | 如今只能自食恶果 |
[17:45] | Dad! | 爸 |
[17:46] | I’m here! I’m down here! | 我在呢 我在楼下 |
[17:48] | What’s going on? Why are all the lights on? | 怎么回事 灯怎么都亮了 |
[17:50] | It’s like a Stephen King novel up there. | 简直就像恐怖小说的情节 |
[17:51] | I don’t know. It’s… probably just a power surge. | 不知道 可能只是功率波动 |
[17:58] | Dr. McCord, is everything all right? | 麦考德博士 没事吧 |
[18:00] | All right, all right, it’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[18:01] | Hey, easy, easy, easy, easy. It’s okay. | 别紧张 别紧张 没事 |
[18:20] | We’ve taken the house’s appliances offline | 我们已经将电器断网了 |
[18:23] | so they can’t be hacked again. | 这样就不会被黑了 |
[18:25] | They shouldn’t have been able to be hacked in the first place. | 他们本来就不应该能黑得进来 |
[18:29] | Did the hackers leave any signatures | 黑客留下你能调查的 |
[18:31] | – that you can work with? – So far, it’s untraceable. | -任何踪迹了吗 -目前还查不到 |
[18:35] | I understand your frustration. | 我明白你很生气 |
[18:36] | No, I-I don’t think you do. | 不 你不懂 |
[18:38] | We live surrounded by security, | 我们家被安保包围着 |
[18:40] | and yet somehow these people managed | 可还是有人能够 |
[18:42] | to essentially get into our home. | 侵入我们家 |
[18:44] | Dr. McCord, with all due respect, | 麦考德博士 恕我直言 |
[18:46] | whoever did this, this is what they want: | 做出这件事的人的目的 |
[18:49] | for you to lose confidence | 就是让你 |
[18:50] | in the people charged with protecting your family. | 对保护你家的安保人员失去信心 |
[18:52] | Well, with all due respect, it’s working. | 恕我直言 他的目的达到了 |
[18:55] | Did you look into Ray Merchant? | 你调查雷·麦钱特了吗 |
[18:57] | He’s part of our investigation, yes. | 我们正在调查 |
[18:59] | And what did you find? | 你们发现了什么 |
[19:00] | He’s a private citizen. | 他是普通公民 |
[19:01] | I can’t share those kinds of details with you. | 我不能和你分享这种细节 |
[19:02] | No leads, no information sharing, and yet you expect | 没有线索 不分享信息 你却还指望 |
[19:06] | the secretary of state and her family | 国务卿和她的家人 |
[19:08] | to stay in a house that can’t be secured. | 待在一栋不安全的房子里 |
[19:10] | Do I have that right, Agent Santangelo? | 我说对了吗 圣安杰洛探员 |
[19:12] | What the hell has to happen | 你的人怎么连 |
[19:14] | for you people to actually do your jobs? | 本职工作都做不好 |
[19:15] | Dad… | 爸 |
[19:18] | – Is everything okay? – Yeah. | -没事吧 -没事 |
[19:19] | Go upstairs. I’ll-I’ll be up in a minute. | 上楼去 我这就上去 |
[19:26] | Again, the house is offline. | 房子已经断开网络了 |
[19:29] | Diplomatic Security’s on high alert. | 外交安全局高度戒备 |
[19:32] | This house is probably the safest place | 这房子可能是国务卿女士能待的 |
[19:34] | the Secretary could be. | 最安全的地方了 |
[19:37] | And what does that tell you? | 所以呢 |
[19:40] | How was your trip? | 旅途如何 |
[19:41] | So relaxing. | 太让人放松了 |
[19:43] | What can I help you with? | 怎么了吗 |
[19:44] | I’m hearing things. | 我听说了一些事情 |
[19:46] | Inside or outside of your head? | 流言还是你幻听了 |
[19:49] | A reporter told me he heard there was a security breach | 有记者告诉我昨晚你家 |
[19:51] | at your home last night? | 发生了安全漏洞 |
[19:52] | Well, then that reporter just earned himself an exclusive | 那么这名记者刚刚得到了我的独家专访机会 |
[19:55] | – with me at an unspecified future date. – Why? | -时间待定 -为什么 |
[19:58] | Because he’s not going to run that story. | 因为他不能报道这件事情 |
[20:00] | I… i… | 我… |
[20:03] | My… | 我的 |
[20:06] | family and I are being stalked | 家人和我被人跟踪了 |
[20:09] | by a very capable individual or group. | 是某个非常厉害的个人或者团体 |
[20:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[20:13] | Well, it is what it is. | 事情就是这样 |
[20:14] | But stalkers feed on engagement. | 跟踪狂就是想得到回应 |
[20:16] | So if this becomes news, | 如果这事上了新闻 |
[20:18] | then they will have achieved their goal, which, | 他们的目的就达到了 |
[20:20] | in turn, will encourage them | 也会鼓励他们 |
[20:22] | to continue. You see where I’m going. | 继续下去 你懂我的意思 |
[20:24] | I should be able to move him off without giving anything away. | 我应该能直接让他不报道 |
[20:26] | Yeah. Thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[20:29] | Well, it’s a small price to pay for 20 minutes alone | 要跟我们风趣可爱的国务卿单独聊上20分钟 |
[20:33] | with our charming and delightful Secretary of State. | 这点代价可真够小的 |
[20:35] | She sounds great. | 听着真不错 |
[20:36] | I’d like to meet her someday. | 真想哪天见见她 |
[20:39] | Oh, more good news, I bet. | 我猜是更多的好消息吧 |
[20:41] | – Welcome back, ma’am. – Thank you. | -欢迎回来 国务卿 -谢谢 |
[20:42] | China appears to be acting on its threats. | 中国似乎已经开始应对威胁了 |
[20:45] | – What’s going on? – Well, as you know, | -怎么了 -如您所知 |
[20:47] | the USS Wayne Morris Carrier Strike Group | 韦恩·莫里斯航母战斗群 |
[20:50] | has moved into the South China Sea. | 已经驶入南海 |
[20:51] | Now Chinese fighters are flying dangerously close to our ships. | 现在中国战机已经逼近我们的军舰 |
[20:56] | Boy, I wish I knew what they were playing at. | 我真希望能弄明白他们要玩什么花样 |
[20:59] | Yeah. And, one other thing. | 还有一件事 |
[21:01] | It seems China plans | 似乎中国计划 |
[21:03] | to recall their pandas from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. | 召回他们在史密森尼国家动物园的熊猫 |
[21:06] | Their pandas? | 他们的熊猫 |
[21:07] | From the National Zoo. | 从国家动物园召回 |
[21:09] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[21:10] | I thought they were a gift. | 我还以为他们是礼物 |
[21:12] | They were on loan, | 他们是租借来的 |
[21:13] | and, apparently, China can take them back whenever they wish. | 显然中国随时可以要回去 |
[21:17] | So, not a gift then. | 所以不是礼物了 |
[21:19] | Okay, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[21:21] | Holding our citizens, | 扣留我们的公民 |
[21:23] | buzzing our ships, taking our pandas. | 骚扰我们的军舰 还要抢走我们的熊猫 |
[21:26] | Can’t say they’re not covering their bases. | 真是”面面俱到”啊 |
[21:28] | You tell me there’s fresh coffee in here. | 告诉我里面有现煮的咖啡 |
[21:29] | There is. Also Jay and Tom Murphy, | 是有 还有杰伊和汤姆·墨菲 |
[21:32] | the head of the Ocean Relief Foundation. | 海洋救助基金会的会长 |
[21:36] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[21:38] | Mr. Murphy, | 墨菲先生 |
[21:40] | pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:42] | I’m sorry it’s under such challenging circumstances. | 抱歉在如此严峻的局势下见面 |
[21:44] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢 国务卿女士 |
[21:45] | I was just assuring Mr. Murphy | 我正安慰墨菲先生 |
[21:47] | that the State Department is deeply concerned about the fate | 国务院非常关切被中国拘留的 |
[21:50] | of the Ocean Relief members in Chinese custody. | 海洋救助基金会会员的情况 |
[21:53] | And I was just about to say | 我正要说 |
[21:54] | you sure have a funny way of showing it. | 你们表现关切的方式真搞笑 |
[21:58] | I sense your disrespectful tone | 我能感觉到你无礼的语气 |
[22:00] | is meant to goad me into asking, | 是想刺激我问你 |
[22:03] | – what do you mean by that? – Our server. | -你这话是什么意思 -我们的服务器 |
[22:06] | Well, it was hacked. | 我们的服务器被攻击了 |
[22:08] | Pretty much fried. | 基本上被毁了 |
[22:09] | Years of files, terabytes of heavily encrypted data | 数年的文件 无数的加密数据 |
[22:12] | just gone, overnight. | 一夜之间都没了 |
[22:14] | Curious timing, no? | 这时间点不可疑吗 |
[22:16] | Indeed. Have you spoken with the FBI? | 没错 你们和联调局谈过了吗 |
[22:18] | The FBI. | 联调局 |
[22:19] | As if they haven’t been harassing us for years. | 他们都骚扰我们多少年了 |
[22:22] | Look, Madam Secretary, | 国务卿 听我说 |
[22:24] | we tell the people what they need to hear. | 我们告诉人民他们需要知道的事情 |
[22:28] | Okay? Big corporations | 大公司 |
[22:30] | and their lackeys in government | 及其在政府里的走狗们 |
[22:31] | don’t appreciate that. | 不喜欢我们的行为 |
[22:33] | I-I’m sorry, but are you kidding me with this? | 不好意思 你有没有搞错 |
[22:35] | We’re trying to free your colleagues and-and you come here | 我们试图释放你的同事们 而你却跑来 |
[22:38] | and spin out some paranoid fantasy? | 用这些妄想浪费时间 |
[22:39] | Mr. Murphy, we’re on your side. | 墨菲先生 我们是站在你这边的 |
[22:42] | Why would we hack your server? | 我们为什么要攻击你的服务器 |
[22:43] | The U.S. And China are business partners in the South China Sea | 因为美国和中国在南海的问题上 |
[22:47] | just as often as they’re rivals. | 既是生意伙伴又是对手 |
[22:48] | You’re not gonna let little things | 你们不能让地球环境 |
[22:49] | like the health of the planet | 和数百万人的食品安全 |
[22:50] | and food security for millions of people | 这种小问题 |
[22:52] | get in the way of all that money. | 妨碍你们赚钱 |
[22:54] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[22:55] | You’re pretty self-righteous for a guy | 作为一个把一帮二十多岁的年轻人 |
[22:56] | who sent a bunch of 20-somethings | 送到地球最危险地方的人 |
[22:58] | into one of the most dangerous places on Earth. | 你还挺正直的 |
[23:00] | They knew what they were getting into. | 他们知道自己的处境 |
[23:02] | Based on my understanding | 基于我对中国的 |
[23:05] | of the Chinese judicial system… | 司法制度的了解 |
[23:08] | I can assure you they did not. | 我可以向你保证 他们不知道 |
[23:13] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[23:15] | when did your server go down? | 你的服务器是什么时候出的事 |
[23:19] | Shortly after we, lost contact | 在我们和贝卡等人 |
[23:22] | with Becca and the others. | 失联后不久 |
[23:26] | Mr. Murphy, thanks for coming in. | 墨菲先生 谢谢你的造访 |
[23:29] | We didn’t hack your server, | 我们没有袭击你的服务器 |
[23:30] | and we’re gonna try and get your colleagues back, | 我们会尽力救你的同事回来 |
[23:32] | and I will keep you up to date with our progress. | 我们有了进展会通知你 |
[23:35] | Thanks for coming in. Blake. | 谢谢你的造访 布莱克 |
[23:39] | Well… | 这样的话 |
[23:40] | he was right about one thing– | 有件事他说对了 |
[23:42] | the timing is pretty strange. | 这时间点的确蹊跷 |
[23:44] | I think it’s safe | 我想可以肯定 |
[23:45] | to assume the U.S. didn’t hack Ocean Relief, | 美国没有袭击海洋救助基金会的服务器 |
[23:48] | so that leaves the most obvious suspect. | 那就只剩下最可疑的那个了 |
[23:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[23:55] | You were right, ma’am. The root kit involved | 国务卿 您说得对 隐匿程式里包含 |
[23:57] | had all the signatures of the other Chinese cyber attacks. | 全部其他中国网络袭击中的签名 |
[24:01] | Do you think this is just revenge | 你觉得这是因为这些积极分子 |
[24:03] | for the activists making the Chinese look bad, | 让中国丢脸而进行的反击 |
[24:05] | or something more concrete? | 还是更实际的理由 |
[24:07] | Um, Madam Secretary, if I may… | 国务卿 请允许我 |
[24:10] | moments prior to their capture, the activists on Shipwreck Reef | 海洋救助基金会的人被抓之前 |
[24:13] | uploaded a couple of video files to the Ocean Relief’s network, | 上传了几段视频到他们的服务器上 |
[24:16] | and the Chinese used | 然后中国就使用强制攻击 |
[24:18] | a brute-force attack to gain access to the server, | 获取了进入该服务器的权限 |
[24:20] | then initiated a script to wipe all the files. | 启动了清除所有文件的脚本 |
[24:22] | They weren’t taking any chances. | 他们真是毫不留情 |
[24:23] | Well, can you recover ’em? | 你能恢复这些文件吗 |
[24:25] | I’ll do my absolute best, ma’am. | 我会尽我所能 国务卿 |
[24:27] | – Great work so far. – Oh, thank you, ma’am. | -你目前干得不错 -谢谢您 国务卿 |
[24:29] | You know you don’t have to say ma’am | 你不用每说一句话 |
[24:31] | after every time, Captain. | 都加上”国务卿”三个字 上尉 |
[24:32] | Yes, ma’am. Ah, sorry. | 好的 国务卿 不好意思 |
[24:34] | It’s just, habit. And also… nerves. | 说顺口了 而且我有点紧张 |
[24:38] | You’re kind of my hero. | 您是我的偶像 |
[24:39] | Happens to the best of us. | 我们都一样 |
[24:41] | You’re on secondment to Oliver Shaw | 你是奥利弗·肖从网络司令部 |
[24:43] | – from CyberCom? – Yes. | -借调来的吗 -是的 |
[24:45] | So how come you’re not in Silicon Valley | 你为什么不去硅谷 |
[24:48] | inventing distracting apps? | 开发应用 |
[24:51] | I like fighting bad guys. | 我喜欢打坏蛋 |
[24:54] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[24:56] | Okay, obviously, these activists stumbled on something | 很明显 这些活动分子无意中发现了 |
[24:58] | some of the Chinese wanted to keep hidden. | 一些中国想藏起来的东西 |
[25:00] | Question is, what? | 问题是 是什么东西 |
[25:08] | I got a call from FBI Director | 我今早接到联调局局长 |
[25:10] | – Doherty this morning. – Calling to complain | -多尔蒂的电话 -肯定是来 |
[25:12] | that I yelled at Santangelo, no doubt. | 投诉我对圣坦杰洛大喊大叫的 |
[25:14] | No, I think it was for the opposite reason. | 不是 正相反 |
[25:17] | It was like a customer service call. | 就好像是个客服电话 |
[25:19] | He wanted to make sure that I’m satisfied. | 他想确保我满意 |
[25:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[25:22] | No, Henry, not good. | 不 亨利 这不好 |
[25:24] | These are the people charged with protecting our lives. | 他们是保护我们生命的人 |
[25:27] | We need to trust them. | 我们要信任他们 |
[25:28] | What if they’re not up to the job? | 如果他们不称职怎么办 |
[25:30] | The FBI and Diplomatic Security. | 联调局和外交安全局 |
[25:31] | Do you ever think about that? | 你想过没有 |
[25:32] | No. Because, if I did, I’d have to quit. | 没有 因为我这样想的话 我就得辞职了 |
[25:36] | Look, I know that | 我知道 |
[25:38] | this Ray Merchant theory is compelling… | 雷·麦钱特的理论很有道理 |
[25:41] | Don’t talk to me like I’m crazy. | 别用这种好像我疯了的语气跟我说话 |
[25:43] | Then stop acting like it. | 那就别表现得像个疯子 |
[25:45] | The kids were terrified last night. | 孩子们昨晚吓坏了 |
[25:46] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[25:47] | Yes, and you getting obsessed about it isn’t helpful. | 而你抓着这事不放并没有帮助 |
[25:51] | I am not just gonna sit back and do nothing. | 我不能置之不理 |
[25:52] | Be better if you did. | 那样就好了 |
[25:54] | – Am I embarrassing you now? – You know what? | -你是不是觉得我很丢人 -你知道吗 |
[25:55] | We’re both stressed and tired, | 我们两个都又累又紧张 |
[25:56] | so I’m gonna choose | 所以我选择相信 |
[25:58] | to believe you didn’t mean that. | 这只是你的气话 |
[25:59] | – Elizabeth, I… – No, I got to go. | -伊丽莎白 我… -我得挂了 |
[26:03] | So, the pack was all over me about China at the briefing. | 媒体在简报中一直问我关于中国的问题 |
[26:05] | But you’ll be happy to know that the reporter I mentioned | 但好消息是我提到的那个记者 |
[26:08] | is quietly awaiting his one-on-one with you. | 会安静地等待与您的单独会面 |
[26:10] | – Thank you. Well done. – We’re not sending ’em back. | -谢谢 好样的 -我们不能送它们回去 |
[26:14] | Russell Jackson, ma’am. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊来了 国务卿 |
[26:15] | Who are we not sending back? | 不能把谁送回去 |
[26:16] | What do you mean, who? The pandas. | 你明知故问 我是说那些熊猫 |
[26:19] | Not Tian Tian, not Bao Bao, not little Bei Bei… | 添添 宝宝 小贝贝 |
[26:24] | and they’re staying right here, | 它们得留在美国 |
[26:25] | do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[26:25] | Technically, they’re not ours. | 严格来说 它们不是咱们的 |
[26:28] | China’s thrown the rule book out the window, so don’t talk to me | 中国已经不管规矩了 所以别跟我说 |
[26:30] | about technically. It’s time to draw a line in the sand. | 什么”严格来说” 是时候划清界限了 |
[26:33] | Well, I couldn’t agree more. | 这我非常同意 |
[26:34] | I’m just… I’m not so sure this is quite the issue. | 我只是觉得这不是什么大问题 |
[26:38] | Oh, no? Then let me ask you this: How many people | 不是吗 我来问你 每年有多少人 |
[26:42] | visit the National Zoo each year just to see those pandas? | 去国家动物园 只为了看那些熊猫 |
[26:46] | – Millions. – That’s right. | -数百万人 -没错 |
[26:48] | Millions. So, on top of all the other humiliations | 数百万人 不算中国给我们的 |
[26:51] | that China is visiting upon our heads, | 其他羞辱 |
[26:53] | those millions of voters | 那数百万的选民 |
[26:55] | are about to watch us surrender | 都会看着我们拱手让出 |
[26:57] | their favorite charismatic megafauna– | 他们最喜欢的魅力非凡的动物 |
[26:59] | the very crown jewels of our National Zoo– | 我们国家动物园的招牌明星 |
[27:02] | without a single damn shot! | 还一声都不敢吭 |
[27:03] | Not on my watch, lady. It is not happening. | 有我在就不行 女士 坚决不行 |
[27:06] | So… | 那… |
[27:07] | you want us to stop them? | 你想让我们制止他们 |
[27:10] | What do you think I’m here for? | 不然你以为我来这儿干什么 |
[27:12] | Well, just… no offense, Russell, but I… | 我没别的意思 拉塞尔 |
[27:14] | don’t you think, maybe, you’re-you’re letting | 你不觉得 你有点 |
[27:16] | the tail wag the panda here? | 太把熊猫当回事了吗 |
[27:19] | Oh, you want to make fun? | 你想开玩笑吗 |
[27:21] | Well, go ahead. | 那就尽管开吧 |
[27:23] | Guess what. In international relations, | 你猜怎么着 在国际关系上 |
[27:26] | symbols matter. | 象征是很重要的 |
[27:28] | In elections, even more so. I’ll give you another example. | 在选举中更是如此 我再给你举个例子 |
[27:30] | At the zoo, they’ve got this camera set up in their habitat. | 在动物园里 熊猫栖息地里都有摄像头 |
[27:34] | – Panda Cam. – That’s right. One day, very soon, | -“熊猫直播” -没错 很快 |
[27:36] | the Panda Cam will go dark. | “熊猫直播”的画面将是一片黑暗 |
[27:39] | And when it does, and kids | 到时候 全美国的 |
[27:41] | all over America start crying | 孩子们都会哭 |
[27:43] | ’cause Bei Bei’s not in his little house, | 因为贝贝不在它的小窝里 |
[27:45] | who do you think their parents are gonna blame? | 你觉得他们的家长会怪谁 |
[27:48] | China gets it, believe me. | 中国明白这个道理 相信我 |
[27:50] | Uh, so do I. | 我也明白 |
[27:51] | I-I… | 我… |
[27:54] | We’re on it. | 我们马上去办 |
[27:57] | Wait. | 等等 |
[27:59] | You’re a Panda-Cammer, too? | 你也是”熊猫直播”粉吗 |
[28:01] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[28:03] | It’s relaxing. | 看熊猫让我放松 |
[28:05] | It’s good for my blood pressure. | 对我的血压有好处 |
[28:10] | Who saw that coming? | 谁能想得到呢 |
[28:11] | A-mazing. | 太好笑了 |
[28:14] | Well, you heard the man. | 你们都听见了 |
[28:15] | Save our pandas. | 快去救咱的熊猫吧 |
[28:16] | Oh, no. | 天啊 |
[28:19] | Get on it. | 快去吧 |
[28:20] | What do you got for me? | 你找到什么了 |
[28:22] | Something I shouldn’t. | 我不该找到的东西 |
[28:23] | My buddy at the Bureau came through. | 我局里的朋友给我的 |
[28:25] | He got me some Intel on your friend, | 他给我一些关于你朋友的情报 |
[28:27] | Ray Merchant. | 雷·麦钱特 |
[28:28] | And? | 然后呢 |
[28:30] | So, after UVA, Merchant | 从弗吉尼亚大学毕业后 麦钱特 |
[28:32] | applied for government work | 申请在政府部门工作 |
[28:33] | but couldn’t get security clearance. | 但没能通过安全调查 |
[28:35] | Problem with his background check. | 他的背景调查有问题 |
[28:36] | Something he could blame Elizabeth for. | 这就是他怪伊丽莎白的原因吧 |
[28:39] | Unable to find work | 在神圣的政府 |
[28:40] | in the hallowed halls of government | 找不到工作 |
[28:42] | writing reports nobody would ever read, | 写的报告没人看 |
[28:44] | our young misfit goes back to school again. | 我们这位格格不入的朋友重新回到学校 |
[28:46] | Computers this time? | 这次是计算机专业吗 |
[28:47] | Cyber security, to be exact. | 准确地说 网络安全 |
[28:49] | He’s two for two. What else? | 两个全中 还有呢 |
[28:51] | You’re not gonna like this one. | 你不会愿意听到这个的 |
[28:52] | What is it? | 什么 |
[28:53] | He got fired a couple of years ago. | 他几年前被炒鱿鱼了 |
[28:55] | Sexually harassed a coworker. | 由于性骚扰同事 |
[28:57] | Well, he fits the profile to a tee. | 他符合疑犯侧写 |
[28:58] | Look… is he your guy? | 他是你要找的人吗 |
[29:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:02] | But you’re not wrong to think that he might be. | 但你觉得他可能是并没错 |
[29:05] | What are the Feds doing about it? | 联调局打算怎么做 |
[29:07] | My buddy didn’t say, but I’m sure they’re into it. | 我朋友没说 但我肯定他们在查 |
[29:09] | So now it’s time to let them do their thing. | 现在是时候让他们做事了 |
[29:11] | – Okay? – Okay, yeah. Sure. | -好吗 -好的 |
[29:13] | Meantime, just try to keep your mind off of it. | 同时 尽量不要再想这件事了 |
[29:16] | How about we grab a beer tomorrow night? | 明晚一起喝一杯怎么样 |
[29:18] | Thanks, Jose. | 谢谢了 何塞 |
[29:23] | Did you know that U.S. zoos pay China | 你知道吗 美国动物园每年 |
[29:25] | $2 million per year for the pandas in our country? | 因为在咱们国家的熊猫给中国两百万美元 |
[29:27] | They are worth it. | 它们值这么多钱 |
[29:28] | A quarter of which is supposed to be | 四分之一的钱应该 |
[29:30] | allocated for the preservation of panda habitat in the wild. | 用于野生熊猫栖息地的保护 |
[29:33] | Yeah, they need their bamboo, don’t they? | 是 它们需要吃竹子 不是吗 |
[29:35] | – Yes, you do. – Hey, Blake. Blake. | -是的 你们要吃竹子 -布莱克 |
[29:37] | – Sorry. – Here’s the thing. | -对不起 -事实是 |
[29:38] | – Guess what China hasn’t been doing. – Allocating a quarter | -猜猜中国没做什么 -把四分之一的钱 |
[29:40] | of the funds towards the panda habitat preservation? | 用于熊猫栖息地保护吗 |
[29:43] | Not according to this report | 根据环保组织的这份报告 |
[29:44] | by a consortium of environmental groups. | 他们没有 |
[29:46] | – Does China accept that? – Nope. | -中国承认了吗 -没 |
[29:48] | – But we did. – Well, then, we can make the argument | -但我们知道 -那么我们可以提出 |
[29:51] | that they are in breach of their half of the agreement. | 他们违反了他们那部分的协议 |
[29:53] | Therefore, we don’t have to give the pandas back. | 因此 我们不用返还熊猫了 |
[29:56] | That’s got to be good enough for Russell Jackson. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊能满意了吧 |
[29:58] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[29:59] | By the way, can we talk about his obsession with Panda Cam? | 我们能不能谈谈他对于”熊猫直播”的痴迷 |
[30:02] | How weird is that? | 多奇怪啊 |
[30:03] | Oh, I get it, man. I am all in… | 我明白 我支持 |
[30:06] | Oh, yes! You are tired from your snack | 乖 你吃零食吃累了 |
[30:07] | and need a nap in the sun. | 需要在阳光下小憩一会儿 |
[30:09] | Hi. Can I help you? | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[30:10] | Uh, Captain Ronnie Baker | 奥利弗·肖办公室的 |
[30:11] | from Oliver Shaw’s office, to see the secretary? | 罗尼·贝克上尉 来见国务卿 |
[30:13] | Yes, the secretary’s expecting you. | 国务卿正在等您 |
[30:16] | Wait. | 等下 |
[30:17] | You’re Ronnie? | 你是罗尼吗 |
[30:18] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[30:20] | From Oliver’s office? | 来自奥利弗的办公室 |
[30:22] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[30:23] | You don’t have to call me ma’am? | 你不用叫我女士 |
[30:25] | We’re like the same age. | 我们年龄差不多 |
[30:27] | S-sorry. It’s a habit. | 对不起 习惯了 |
[30:30] | Oh, my God. You’re Daisy, | 天哪 你是黛西 |
[30:31] | from… from you know. From his | 他的…他的… |
[30:33] | – personal life. – And you’re Ronnie. From work. | -私人生活伴侣 -你是罗尼 他的同事 |
[30:35] | And texts about work. | 那些工作短信 |
[30:37] | Sorry, I have to take this text during dinner, | 让他说”对不起 晚饭时我必须看这条短信 |
[30:39] | national security is at stake, Ronnie. | 国家安全出现危险”的罗尼 |
[30:42] | Yep. That’s me. | 是的 那就是我 |
[30:44] | We thought you were a guy. Oh. | 我们以为你是个男的 |
[30:47] | Yeah, no. I just love your guys’s story. | 不 我很喜欢你们的故事 |
[30:50] | I kind of want to give you a hug, | 我有点想给你一个拥抱 |
[30:52] | but that’s weird, right? | 但那有点奇怪 是吧 |
[30:53] | Oh? Okay. | 好的 |
[30:57] | Oh! Secretary’s ready for you. | 国务卿准备好见你了 |
[30:59] | I’m going. | 我去了 |
[31:01] | Definitely not a dude. | 绝对不是个男的 |
[31:04] | She’s sweet. | 真是个甜妹子 |
[31:05] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[31:07] | Oh. Captain Baker. | 贝克上尉 |
[31:09] | Were you able to recover the files? | 文件恢复了吗 |
[31:11] | Yeah… Well, the good news is they didn’t have time | 好消息是他们没时间 |
[31:13] | to securely erase them all. | 完全清除文件 |
[31:16] | So the hackers overwrote parts of the files with random data, | 黑客用随机数据覆写了部分文件 |
[31:19] | so we had some trouble reconstructing them. | 所以修复有些困难 |
[31:21] | But we found these | 但在最新上传的文件中 |
[31:23] | among the most recently uploaded files. | 我们发现了这些 |
[31:26] | …I mean demolished. | 其实是在破坏 |
[31:27] | You can see the construction going on over there. | 你们可以看到那里正在进行的施工 |
[31:30] | To build airstrips and radar stations, | 是要建造飞机跑道和雷达站 |
[31:32] | they pulverize the coral | 他们粉碎了珊瑚 |
[31:34] | and pave over it with concrete, | 把混凝土铺在上面 |
[31:36] | destroying it forever. | 彻底摧毁了它 |
[31:37] | She seems like good people. | 她看起来像个好人 |
[31:39] | Yeah, she does. | 是的 |
[31:42] | There’s not really anything here, unfortunately. | 不幸的是 这儿没发现什么 |
[31:45] | Didn’t you say there was footage from a second camera, or…? | 你不是说还有第二个摄像机的视频 还是 |
[31:49] | Yeah. Here it is. | 是的 在这儿 |
[31:50] | Maybe you’re thinking, so what? | 可能你在想”那又如何” |
[31:52] | Who cares about a little speck in the middle | 谁会在乎遥远大海中的 |
[31:54] | of a faraway sea? No. | 一块小岛礁呢 |
[31:55] | This just looks like more of the same. | 这个看起来也一样 |
[31:57] | These reefs provide… | 这些礁石提供了 |
[31:58] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 等下 |
[32:00] | Can-Can you make this… | 你能把这个 |
[32:03] | – go back? – Yeah. | -倒回去吗 -好的 |
[32:06] | These reefs provide one tenth | 这些礁石提供了十分之一的 |
[32:08] | of all seafood on… | 海鲜… |
[32:11] | Right there. | 就是那儿 |
[32:13] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么 |
[32:15] | It’s a mobile launch pad. | 是个移动发射台 |
[32:17] | Specifically, a TAS5450 8×8 | 更确切地说 TAS5450 八轮驱动 |
[32:20] | special heavy-duty truck. | 特殊重型卡车 |
[32:22] | Designed to deploy Dong-Feng 15 | 用于部署东风15 |
[32:23] | Tactical-Theatre Ballistic Missiles. | 战术弹道导弹 |
[32:25] | From that position, | 从那个位置 |
[32:26] | China can strike major population centers | 中国能在几分钟内袭击 |
[32:28] | all over Southeast Asia within minutes. | 东南亚的所有主要城市 |
[32:30] | And effectively demand control over the entire South China Sea. | 以及有效控制南海 |
[32:34] | This is why they were being | 这就是他们为什么 |
[32:36] | so aggressive with the Ocean Relief activists, | 对海洋救助积极分子如此激进 |
[32:38] | why they hacked the server. | 以及攻击服务器的原因 |
[32:40] | They wanted to keep the world in the dark | 他们想蒙蔽世界 |
[32:42] | until the missiles could be deployed. | 直到导弹部署完成 |
[32:44] | Why didn’t we know about this until now, General? | 为什么直到现在我们才知道 将军 |
[32:46] | The launcher was camouflaged from aerial surveillance. | 发射台进行了伪装 躲过了空中监视 |
[32:49] | We could never get close enough | 从地平面观察 |
[32:50] | for ground-level observation. | 离得不够近 |
[32:52] | So you’re telling me we owe this | 所以你在告诉我 |
[32:53] | game-changing intelligence coup | 我们得到这个颠覆性的情报 |
[32:55] | to a lucky break from Scooby and the gang? | 要感谢这些愤青撞大运的发现吗 |
[33:00] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[33:01] | And if the launcher is already there, | 如果发射台已经在那里 |
[33:03] | the missiles are only days away from delivery. | 导弹部署也就在几天之内了 |
[33:05] | This is a massive escalation. | 这是大规模升级 |
[33:08] | And China needs to know that it won’t stand. | 中国得明白这是不可能的 |
[33:20] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[33:21] | I don’t know where you’re getting this information. | 我不知道你从哪儿得到的消息 |
[33:23] | From the server you tried to destroy. | 从你们想要摧毁的服务器 |
[33:25] | But we’ll come back | 但我们下次 |
[33:27] | to the cyber warfare another time. | 再谈这次网络战 |
[33:29] | You’ve got bigger problems right now. | 你现在有更大的麻烦 |
[33:31] | Do I? Because I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 是吗 因为我不知道你在说什么 |
[33:34] | And, you know, | 你知道 |
[33:35] | it’s a good thing you don’t. | 你不知道是好事 |
[33:37] | It was a mistake that your military | 你的军队没拉上你 |
[33:40] | didn’t loop you in. | 是个错误 |
[33:42] | Because… | 因为 |
[33:44] | with your close personal ties to the American government, | 通过你和美国政府甚好的私交 |
[33:48] | I am sure you could have told them with certainty | 我相信你能肯定地告诉他们 |
[33:51] | that we will never permit those missiles to be deployed. | 我们永远不会允许部署那些导弹 |
[33:54] | It is not for the United States to tell us what is permitted. | 美国不能告诉我们什么是被允许的 |
[33:57] | On your own territory. | 在你自己的领土的确不能 |
[33:59] | But let’s… let’s put a pin | 但我们现在 |
[34:02] | in the sovereignty stuff for now. | 先不谈主权问题 |
[34:06] | Because if your neighbors find out | 因为如果你的邻国发现 |
[34:08] | that you secretly planned to settle this issue at gunpoint, | 你们在秘密计划用武力威胁解决这个问题 |
[34:13] | I think they would be more than supportive | 我认为他们就不止是 |
[34:16] | of the U.S.’s response. | 支持美国的回应了 |
[34:18] | And what sort of response might that be? | 是什么样的回应呢 |
[34:20] | China’s deployment of that missile launcher | 中国导弹发射器的部署 |
[34:22] | violently upsets the status quo. | 严重扰乱了现状 |
[34:25] | And our response, therefore, | 因此 我们的回应 |
[34:27] | will be equally violent and upsetting. | 会是同样激烈而令人不安的 |
[34:32] | Indeed… | 的确 |
[34:34] | I am shocked | 我很吃惊 |
[34:37] | that I was not made privy | 我的政府 |
[34:38] | to such a drastic step on my government’s part. | 在这么大的事情上对我隐瞒 |
[34:41] | I knew that you would be troubled. | 我就知道你会感到困扰 |
[34:44] | If I were to offer some suggestions | 如果我会向我的国家主席 |
[34:46] | to my president as to how we might de-escalate, | 提出能够缓和事态的建议的话 |
[34:49] | what might they be? | 我应该提什么建议 |
[34:51] | Well, for starters, | 首先 |
[34:52] | we’ve looked into it, and we’re not giving the pandas back. | 我们研究过了 熊猫是不会还给你们的 |
[34:58] | 韦恩·莫里斯战斗群 南海 | |
[35:03] | Sir, that bogey’s coming around for another pass. | 长官 敌机准备再一次低空掠过 |
[35:06] | It’s coming in too low, sir! | 敌机太低了 长官 |
[35:07] | All stations, brace for impact. | 所有岗位 抵御撞击 |
[35:11] | The Chinese pilot buzzed the Morris, | 中国飞行员低空掠过莫里斯航母 |
[35:13] | flew too low and clipped the tower. | 高度过低 撞上了塔台 |
[35:16] | So far, three sailors have died and 16 others are wounded. | 目前 三名海军士兵死亡 十六名负伤 |
[35:19] | NSC and Joint Chiefs | 国家安全委员会和联席会议成员 |
[35:21] | are waiting in the Sit Room. | 都在战情室待命 |
[35:22] | I told the networks that you wanted airtime | 我告诉媒体今天晚上 |
[35:24] | – to address the nation later this evening. – Good. | -您会通过媒体进行全国讲话 -好 |
[35:26] | Evans already has his campaign pumping out tweets. | 埃文斯已经让竞选团队在推特上造势了 |
[35:29] | The ghoul. | 卑鄙小人 |
[35:32] | Sir, when I spoke to Minister Chen | 先生 我和陈部长在此次事件 |
[35:33] | hours before this incident, | 几小时之前谈话时 |
[35:35] | he seemed prepared to accept our terms. | 他看上去准备好接受我们的条件了 |
[35:37] | Seemed to being the operative word. | 关键只是”看上去” |
[35:39] | I’m not saying China is innocent. | 我没有说中国是无辜的 |
[35:42] | I’m saying… | 我是说 |
[35:43] | the wheels turn slowly over there. | 那边的处理速度很慢 |
[35:46] | So the leadership was still digesting | 在这个事件发生时 |
[35:47] | the message we sent Chen | 中方领导层还在研究 |
[35:48] | when this incident occurred? | 我们向陈部长传达的意思吗 |
[35:50] | Tragically, yes. | 悲剧的是 没错 |
[35:52] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[35:53] | an accident caused by reckless aggression | 鲁莽的强势行为 造成的意外后果 |
[35:55] | isn’t much different from an attack. | 和直接攻击区别不大 |
[35:57] | They’re holding our citizens, attempting to put missiles | 他们还关着我们的公民 企图在南海 |
[36:00] | into the SCS. | 部署导弹 |
[36:02] | And now this. | 现在又来这么一出 |
[36:03] | How much more provocation do we need? | 我们还要等他们如何挑衅 |
[36:06] | To do what, exactly? | 我们具体要干什么 |
[36:07] | – Respond in kind. – A few days ago, | -作出回应 -几天前 |
[36:09] | you were lobbying for a harder line against China. | 你还在主张对中国采用更强硬的立场 |
[36:12] | You really think they’ve changed their stripes since then? | 你真的觉得他们有什么改变吗 |
[36:14] | Of course not, but I do think that the pressure | 当然不是 但我的确认为 |
[36:17] | we put on them was effective. | 我们的施压生效了 |
[36:18] | So let’s-let’s be smart. | 我们聪明一些 |
[36:20] | I mean, if we can get them | 我是说 如果我们能让他们 |
[36:22] | to back down in the South China Sea, | 在南海问题上做出让步 |
[36:24] | that is a huge win for global stability, | 那可是国际稳定的巨大胜利 |
[36:26] | but if we stumble in to some military conflict, | 但如果我们贸然挑起军事冲突 |
[36:30] | once that starts, no one knows how that’s gonna end. | 一旦开始 没人知道将如何结束 |
[36:34] | We have to take a beat before we retaliate. | 我们必须在反击之前等一等 |
[36:37] | Take a beat to do what? | 等什么 |
[36:38] | Talk to President Li. | 和李主席谈话 |
[36:40] | I think China’s about to blink. | 我觉得中国准备让步了 |
[36:42] | My advice is we let them. | 我的建议是 给他们机会 |
[36:46] | What makes you so sure | 你如何能确定 |
[36:47] | they won’t interpret our restraint as weakness? | 他们不会把我们的克制解读为软弱 |
[36:51] | Flash of a feeling, at best. | 充其量就是一瞬间的感觉 |
[37:17] | Dr. McCord. | 麦考德博士 |
[37:19] | What a coincidence. | 好巧 |
[37:21] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[37:24] | Jose called you. | 何塞给你电话了 |
[37:25] | How about we take a walk? | 一起走走 |
[37:31] | Your friend did you a favor. | 你的朋友帮了你的忙 |
[37:33] | Yeah, how’s that? | 怎么见得 |
[37:34] | We spoke to Ray Merchant. | 我们和雷·麦钱特谈过了 |
[37:36] | Had a good, long talk with him. | 谈了很久很久 |
[37:38] | And, frankly, you were right to bring him to our attention. | 说实话 你让我们注意他没错 |
[37:40] | The man has… issues. | 这个人 有问题 |
[37:44] | But he’s not our guy. | 但他不是我们要找的人 |
[37:46] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么能确定 |
[37:48] | Is he unbalanced? Probably. | 他精神错乱吗 或许没错 |
[37:51] | Still obsessed with your wife? | 对你的夫人依然痴迷 |
[37:52] | Maybe, but this is what we know: | 或许没错 但我们知道的是 |
[37:55] | The night your house was hacked, | 你家被黑的那个晚上 |
[37:57] | multiple witnesses put Merchant | 有多名目击证人 |
[37:58] | at a campsite in the Blue Ridge Mountains | 证明麦钱特在蓝岭山脉的一个营地里 |
[38:00] | with no Internet access. | 没有网络接入 |
[38:03] | An attack this sophisticated requires real-time input. | 这么复杂的攻击需要实时操作 |
[38:07] | He could have paid someone. | 他或许雇了别人 |
[38:08] | Possibly, but I doubt it. | 有可能 但我怀疑 |
[38:09] | You’ve seen his house. | 你看见他家了 |
[38:11] | Look like he could afford to? | 你觉得他能付得起吗 |
[38:12] | Let alone hire two goons to mug you | 更别说雇两个暴徒袭击你 |
[38:14] | and steal your son’s computer? | 偷了你儿子的电脑 |
[38:18] | No. | 没错 |
[38:20] | But I’ll tell you what he’s more than capable of. | 但我告诉你他能干什么 |
[38:22] | Suing the next person that shows up | 把下一个出现在他门口 |
[38:24] | at his front door asking questions | 问他和你夫人有什么关系 |
[38:26] | about his relationship with your wife. | 的那个人告上法庭 |
[38:27] | Suing… | 起诉 |
[38:28] | or maybe worse. | 或者更恶劣 |
[38:32] | I understand. Thank you. | 我明白了 谢谢 |
[38:35] | Go home, Dr. McCord. | 回家吧 麦考德博士 |
[38:38] | Your family needs you. | 你的家人需要你 |
[38:46] | Good evening, my fellow Americans. | 晚上好 同胞们 |
[38:48] | As many of you are aware, earlier today, | 可能你们都知道了 今天早些时候 |
[38:52] | a Chinese fighter jet | 一架中国战斗机 |
[38:53] | struck the aircraft carrier USS Wayne Morris | 在南海撞上了 |
[38:56] | in the South China Sea, | 韦恩·莫里斯航母 |
[38:58] | taking the lives of three American sailors | 夺走了三名海军士兵的的生命 |
[39:00] | and wounding many others. | 使多人受伤 |
[39:02] | I spoke earlier to my counterpart, President Li, | 早些时候 我和对方领导人 |
[39:04] | of the People’s Republic of China, | 中华人民共和国的李主席进行了谈话 |
[39:06] | to voice America’s outrage at this reckless act | 表达了美国对这次鲁莽的行动 |
[39:09] | and unnecessary loss of life. | 以及无谓牺牲的愤慨 |
[39:12] | President Li expressed sincere regret over the incident. | 李主席表达了针对此次事件的诚挚的遗憾 |
[39:16] | More importantly, he has agreed to several steps | 更重要的是 他同意了在未来几天 |
[39:18] | to be outlined in the coming days to De-escalate the crisis | 出台缓和南海危机的 |
[39:21] | in the South China Sea | 几步方针 |
[39:23] | so that another such tragedy does not happen again. | 以防这样的悲剧再次发生 |
[39:27] | Many of you are angry. | 你们中的很多人都很愤怒 |
[39:29] | I share your anger. | 我和你们一样愤怒 |
[39:32] | There are also some who would capitalize on this tragedy | 也有些人想利用此悲剧事件 |
[39:34] | to score political points. | 作为政治筹码 |
[39:38] | It’s easy to lash out when your blood is up. | 热血沸腾的时候 动手很简单 |
[39:41] | Easier still to talk tough | 没有生命岌岌可危时 |
[39:42] | when no one’s life hangs in the balance. | 动口更容易 |
[39:45] | But when leading, | 但处于领导角色 |
[39:47] | whether a platoon of marines | 不管是领导着一个海军陆战排 |
[39:49] | or an entire nation, | 还是一个国家 |
[39:50] | history judges us by the wisdom of our actions. | 历史会根据我们行动的睿智来评价我们 |
[39:54] | We will defend our interests, | 我们会捍卫我们的利益 |
[39:56] | and our friends and allies in the region. | 以及该地区内的朋友和盟友 |
[39:59] | And we will hold China accountable. | 我们会追究中国的责任 |
[40:02] | But we will not start a war over one reckless act. | 但我们不会因为一次鲁莽的行动而挑起战争 |
[40:07] | Our thoughts and prayers go out to the grieving families | 为国捐躯的勇敢海军的悲伤家人们 |
[40:10] | of our brave sailors who gave their lives in our service. | 我们的哀悼与祈祷与你们同在 |
[40:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:17] | And may God bless America. | 上帝保佑美利坚 |
[40:34] | They’re free! | 他们自由了 |
[40:35] | Good. | 太好了 |
[40:37] | Chen kept his word. | 陈实现了诺言 |
[40:39] | I mean, they’ll still have to stand trial | 他们仍旧需要接受 |
[40:41] | at the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea. | 国际海洋法庭的审判 |
[40:43] | Well, that’s to help China save face. | 这是中国的挽回颜面之举 |
[40:45] | Worst-case scenario, they pay a fine. | 最坏的情况就是要交罚款 |
[40:47] | And we’re keeping the fact that China tried | 而我们要继续隐瞒中国 |
[40:48] | – to put missiles on the reef a secret? – Again… | -企图在岛礁上部署导弹的事实 -同样 |
[40:51] | saving face. | 挽回颜面 |
[40:52] | Well, the main this is they’ve agreed to talks | 重要的是 他们已经同意 |
[40:54] | with their neighbors, and in the interim they won’t be | 和邻国谈判 在此期间 |
[40:58] | leveling reefs to build military outposts. | 他们不会将岛礁建为军事哨所 |
[41:01] | Which, if it isn’t exactly a win for the environment, | 这一点 即使不算是环保上的胜利 |
[41:04] | is at least a break in the ongoing catastrophe. | 至少也算是缓和了持续的灾难 |
[41:07] | On that buoyant note, I’m going home. | 借着这个积极的消息 我要回家了 |
[41:09] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[41:11] | Is everything all right, ma’am? | 国务卿 一切都还好吗 |
[41:13] | Good night, guys. | 晚安 各位 |
[41:15] | – Good night. – Night-night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[41:18] | I wasn’t wrong about that kid. | 我没说错那个孩子 |
[41:20] | You weren’t right, either. | 你说得也不算对 |
[41:22] | Okay. I should have trusted you about it. | 好吧 我应该在这件事上信任你 |
[41:24] | Yeah. You should have. | 没错 你应该 |
[41:27] | God only knows what you would have done | 上帝才知道如果你和他面对面 |
[41:29] | if you’d confronted him. | 你会做出什么事情来 |
[41:30] | And then what? Then-then where are we? | 然后呢 然后我们会怎样 |
[41:32] | What do you want me to say? | 你想让我说什么 |
[41:35] | Look… | 听我说 |
[41:38] | The one thing I try never to be in my life is powerless. | 我这辈子都在努力让自己不会变得无能为力 |
[41:42] | You and the kids are everything. | 你和孩子们就是我的一切 |
[41:45] | The idea that all we can do is sit here | 一想到我只能坐在这里 |
[41:47] | and wait for the next terrible thing to happen, | 等着可怕的事情降临 |
[41:49] | it makes me feel… | 让我觉得 |
[41:52] | Angry. | 气愤 |
[41:54] | Yeah. Angry. | 对 气愤 |
[41:58] | And scared. | 还有害怕 |
[42:01] | Really scared. | 真的害怕 |
[42:03] | And I hate it. | 我讨厌这种感觉 |
[42:05] | I know. Me, too. | 我知道 我也讨厌 |