时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Maybe she got lost. | 或许她迷路了 |
[00:03] | She didn’t. | 不会的 |
[00:04] | Says you Magellan. | 不像你 麦哲伦转世 |
[00:05] | 6 floors, 132 rooms. | 六层楼 一百三十二个房间 |
[00:07] | 412 doors. | 四百一十二扇门 |
[00:09] | And one prodigal daughter returns. | 浪子回头了 |
[00:10] | Hi! Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我晚了 |
[00:12] | – Yes. – This place is like Hearst Castle. | -是啊 -这里就像赫斯特城堡一样 |
[00:14] | – See? – And I can’t stay. | -怎么样 -我呆不住 |
[00:16] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[00:17] | Stevie, you promised that you would have dinner with us. | 史蒂芬 你答应过要陪我们吃晚饭的 |
[00:19] | I mean, look. | 看啊 |
[00:20] | You are not going to eat and run. | 你可不能吃完就跑 |
[00:22] | I’m gonna run and eat. I’m sorry. | 我得边吃边跑了 不好意思 |
[00:24] | We are under water at the Human Amnesty Association. I mean, | 人类特赦联合会最近很忙 |
[00:27] | you probably know. There are beheadings in Riyadh | 你们应该也知道 利雅得还有斩首 |
[00:29] | and political prisoners in Myanmar. | 缅甸还有政治犯 |
[00:31] | Versus parents who don’t get to see their daughter | 对比发生在宾夕法尼亚大道上的 |
[00:33] | at Pennsylvania Avenue, | 父母看不到女儿事件 |
[00:34] | – it’s just… – Ouch. | -简直就 -嗷 |
[00:36] | Look, next time, I promise, | 下次 我保证 |
[00:38] | – I will clear the decks. – Fine. | -我肯定腾出时间来 -好吧 |
[00:39] | The NIH is cloning you as we speak. | 国立卫生研究院正在克隆你 |
[00:41] | Your father and I are having brunch | 我和你爸爸这周日 |
[00:43] | with your doppelganger on Sunday, so… | 会和你的克隆体吃饭 所以 |
[00:44] | Okay. Love you. Bye. | 好吧 爱你们 再见 |
[00:46] | – Love you. – Bye. | -爱你 -再见 |
[00:52] | It’s finally hitting me, Henry. | 终归还是伤到我了 亨利 |
[00:54] | We have an empty nest. | 我们真的空巢了 |
[00:55] | Well, there’s a remedy for that. | 有补救的方法啊 |
[00:58] | Oh, no. | 不不不 |
[01:00] | Lady died, like, nine years ago. | 莱迪九年前就死了 |
[01:01] | She was irreplaceable. | 它是不可代替的 |
[01:03] | Those floppy ears. | 软软的耳朵 |
[01:06] | She pooped on command. | 让它大便它才会大便 |
[01:07] | She did not. | 没有吧 |
[01:08] | She did once. | 有过一次 |
[01:10] | Look, you can love more than one kid. | 你的爱能分给几个孩子 |
[01:12] | You can love more than one dog. | 也能分给几条狗 |
[01:13] | That is such a lousy analogy. | 真是个糟糕的类比 |
[01:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:17] | Because… | 因为 |
[01:19] | I’m the president. | 我是总统啊 |
[01:21] | And, clearly, the office has honed your rhetorical skills. | 显然这份工作锻炼了你的修辞能力 |
[01:24] | But by that logic, | 但按这个逻辑 |
[01:25] | all the more reason. People love this stuff. | 更有理由了 人们喜欢狗狗 |
[01:28] | FDOTUS is a big deal. | 第一国犬可不是小事 |
[01:29] | We are never calling it FDOTUS. | 我们觉不会叫它第一国犬 |
[01:31] | It’s our dog. We can call it whatever we want. | 是我们的狗啊 我们想叫什么就叫什么 |
[01:33] | All right. But the search has to be low-key, okay? | 好吧 但选狗这件事必须低调 好吗 |
[01:36] | This is a personal decision. | 这是个人的选择 |
[01:38] | I don’t want some kind of circus. | 我可不想闹大 |
[01:40] | 白宫 第一国犬报告 第一国犬的备选 | |
[01:40] | All dogs over 15 pounds have merit. | 十五磅[二十七斤]以上的狗都很好 |
[01:43] | But FDOTUS is America’s pet. | 但第一国犬是美国的国宠 |
[01:45] | So let’s look at the polling. | 还是看看民意调查吧 |
[01:47] | What… polling? | 什么民意调查 |
[01:49] | The polling that says designer breeds paint you as an elitist, | 民调显示 名狗会给你带来精英阶层的形象 |
[01:54] | a perception sorely at odds with the image that got you elected. | 和你当选的形象大相径庭 |
[01:57] | So, nothing with “Doodle” or “Poo” in the name, | 所以 名字不能是嘟嘟 波波之类的 |
[01:59] | or the villagers will be massing at the gates with torches. | 不然农民们会举着火把在门前抗议 |
[02:01] | Second no-bark zone’s working breeds. | 第二点 不能是工作犬 |
[02:05] | You can’t be seen as someone who condones | 不能让人们认为你纵容 |
[02:07] | – the enslavement of another species. – I don’t. | -奴役其他物种的行为 -我没有啊 |
[02:09] | So service dogs are off-limits. | 所以 工作犬不可以 |
[02:11] | That puts the kibosh on retrievers, | 所以不能是猎犬 |
[02:13] | Pomeranians, shepherds. | 博美 牧羊犬 |
[02:15] | Pomeranians? | 博美 |
[02:16] | Who do they… service? | 它们能 干什么工作 |
[02:18] | The hard of hearing. | 听障人士 |
[02:19] | They were bred to be yappy. | 它们天生爱叫 |
[02:20] | Not even close to being true. | 一点儿都不靠边儿 |
[02:22] | I know it’s a bit over-the-top. | 我知道这有点夸张了 |
[02:24] | But getting this right matters. | 不过把这件事做好很重要 |
[02:27] | If there were no Checkers, | 没有”跳棋” |
[02:27] | “跳棋”是尼克松养的美卡犬的名字 尼克松的一次著名演讲中提到了”跳棋” “跳棋演讲”使尼克松支持率暴涨 | |
[02:28] | there never would have been a Nixon. | 也不会成就尼克松 |
[02:29] | Well, that’s actually an argument for not getting a dog. | 当时实际是在争论”不要”养狗的事 |
[02:32] | Or choosing the right one. | 或者选对狗 |
[02:34] | We boiled 190 breeds down to two choices. | 我们从一百九十个品种中选出了两个 |
[02:38] | Middlebrow. | 平凡 |
[02:39] | Gender… | 性别 |
[02:41] | neutral but sprightly. | 中性而活泼 |
[02:43] | You’re welcome. | 谢谢 |
[02:44] | A beagle or a cocker spaniel? | 比格犬和可卡犬 |
[02:46] | – The data has spoken. – Th-This is a puppy, | -数据的选择 -宠物而已 |
[02:49] | not a moon landing. | 不是登月 |
[02:51] | Lady was a bullmastiff. | 莱迪是条牛头獒 |
[02:52] | That’s what I want. | 我就想要牛头獒 |
[02:54] | – I don’t… – Excuse me, Madam President, | -我不 -打扰了 总统女士 |
[02:56] | Mr. Jackson, you’re needed in the Sit Room. | 杰克逊先生 请二位去战情室 |
[02:58] | Ephraim, what’s going on? | 埃弗兰 出什么事了 |
[03:00] | Ma’am, satellite imaging has just confirmed | 阁下 卫星图片刚刚确认 |
[03:03] | that Laszlo Galassy, | 拉斯洛·加拉西 |
[03:05] | the leader of the Knights of Western Freedom | 西方自由骑士的头领 |
[03:07] | has been located in Caucasia. | 出现在高加索地区 |
[03:10] | And we’re sure it’s him? | 确定是他吗 |
[03:11] | Yes, ma’am. | 确定 阁下 |
[03:12] | The mastermind behind the murder | 谋杀彼得·哈里曼大使在内的 |
[03:13] | of the entire UN Security Council, including | 整个联合国安理会成员事件的 |
[03:17] | Ambassador Peter Harriman. | 幕后主使者 |
[03:18] | So, after nearly two years of cat and mouse, | 经过将近两年的猫捉老鼠 |
[03:21] | we finally have a bead on him. | 终于找到他了 |
[03:22] | For the moment, yes. | 现在还在 |
[03:24] | Galassy is holed up in a cave complex | 加拉斯躲在高加索山脉的 |
[03:28] | in the Caucasus Mountains. | 一个复杂洞穴中 |
[03:30] | A semiautonomous state called South Ossetia. | 一个叫做南奥塞梯的半自治国家 |
[03:33] | Lawless? | 法外之地吗 |
[03:34] | Lawless enough that we don’t need permission | 没错 以至于我们解决他 |
[03:36] | if we want to target him. | 都不需要征得允许 |
[03:38] | – What are our options? – The fail-safe | -我们打算怎么做 -最保险的方法 |
[03:40] | is a laser-guided GBU. | 是激光制导导弹 |
[03:42] | A bunker buster. | 掩体克星 |
[03:44] | Downside? | 负面影响呢 |
[03:45] | The large blast radius will result | 爆炸会造成 |
[03:47] | in substantial civilian casualties. | 可能的平民伤亡 |
[03:50] | A more surgical option is to send in | 精确性更高的选项是 |
[03:52] | Seal Team Nine. | 出动海豹九队 |
[03:53] | We should expect up to half a dozen casualties on our end. | 预测会造成我方六名队员阵亡 |
[03:56] | American military dead abroad. | 美国士兵死于国外 |
[03:59] | Not very appealing either. | 也不招人喜欢 |
[04:00] | There is another way. | 还有一个选项 |
[04:01] | Fully autonomous unmanned ground vehicles. | 全自主无人地面车辆 |
[04:05] | You mean killer robots. | 杀人机器人 |
[04:06] | Not the preferred nomenclature, but yes. | 这个名字不好听 不过没错 |
[04:09] | I actually didn’t think that technology was close | 我还以为这项技术根本 |
[04:11] | to being operational. | 不能实际应用呢 |
[04:12] | We caught a break. Fossor Industries | 我们获得了突破 福斯尔工业 |
[04:15] | is beta testing its autonomous UGVs | 正在对他们的无人战车进行贝塔测试 |
[04:17] | at Vaziani base outside Tbilisi. | 就在第比利斯外的瓦济阿尼基地 |
[04:20] | This is a computer simulation. | 这是电脑模拟情况 |
[04:23] | The UGVs will enter the cave here. | 无人战车从这里进入洞穴 |
[04:26] | They’ll acquire their targets using lasers | 通过激光和红外设备 |
[04:28] | and infrared technology, | 获得目标 |
[04:30] | suppress resistance, | 压制反抗 |
[04:31] | then identify the weakest part | 然后识别洞穴的 |
[04:33] | of the cave structure and bring it down | 最弱点 并将其炸毁 |
[04:35] | on the remaining hostiles. | 埋葬敌人 |
[04:36] | What about remotely operated UGVs? | 远程遥控无人战车呢 |
[04:39] | So that we can maintain human oversight. | 这样我们就能保证有人监管 |
[04:41] | Not an option, Madam President. | 无法实现 总统女士 |
[04:43] | The cave walls will obstruct our comms. | 洞穴山体会阻断通信 |
[04:45] | Our intel suggests Russia hasn’t taken steps to… | 情报显示 俄罗斯还没有采取行动 |
[04:49] | get involved yet. | 参与此事 |
[04:50] | But that could change. Moscow won’t like us | 但情况随时可变 莫斯科肯定不喜欢我们 |
[04:53] | in their sphere of influence. | 在他们的半球造成影响 |
[04:54] | And once Russian troops are on-site, | 一旦俄罗斯军队介入 |
[04:56] | we’re looking at a military conflict. | 我们面对的就是军事冲突 |
[04:58] | How soon could Russia have a unit in place? | 俄罗斯军队多久能就位 |
[05:00] | Terrain’s remote. | 地势偏远 |
[05:02] | Even if Moscow mobilizes now, | 及时莫斯科现在行动 |
[05:03] | not before morning, | 上午之前也无法就位 |
[05:04] | meaning we have a 24-hour window. | 我们有二十四小时的时间 |
[05:06] | And our options are | 我们的备选项有 |
[05:08] | civilian casualties, | 平民伤亡 |
[05:10] | dead SEALs | 海豹突击队员牺牲 |
[05:11] | or an untested technology | 或者一个未经测试的 |
[05:12] | with dangerous implications for humanity. | 对人类产生危险影响的技术 |
[05:16] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 阁下 |
[05:20] | Mr. Moran, did you take leave of the campaign to attend | 莫兰先生 你是否在竞选期间请假 |
[05:23] | your parents’ 40th anniversary party in Martha’s Vineyard | 和麦考德女士的长女一起去马萨葡萄园岛 |
[05:26] | – with Ms. McCord’s eldest daughter? – Yes. | -参加你父母的四十周年纪念日 -是的 |
[05:29] | And no finance laws were broken, | 没有触犯任何财务法律 |
[05:31] | – Senator Hanson. – Then why did the campaign belatedly | -汉森参议员 -为什么竞选团队 |
[05:32] | reimburse a donor for your free flight to the Vineyard? | 后来报销了你去葡萄园岛的机票 |
[05:36] | Senator, this line of inquiry is well beyond | 参议员 问询内容已经远远超出了 |
[05:39] | the Senate Intelligence Committee’s charter | 参议院情报委员会 |
[05:41] | of investigating Iran’s meddling in our presidential election. | 对伊朗干预我国总统竞选的调查范围了 |
[05:44] | The committee’s charter, Counselor, | 顾问女士 委员会的范围 |
[05:46] | also entails anything arising out of that investigation, | 同样包括任何调查期间发掘出的问题 |
[05:49] | which you know, | 你也知道 |
[05:50] | as Mr. Moran was obviously prepped for this question. | 莫兰先生显然也对此问题有所准备 |
[05:53] | A question I will allow him to answer, | 我会允许他回答这个问题 |
[05:55] | provided he can give the proper context. | 只要能允许他对背景做描述 |
[05:58] | By all means. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | We have to go back to… | 我们得回到 |
[06:02] | my on-again, off-again boyfriend, Trevor. | 我分分合合的男朋友 特雷弗 |
[06:04] | Things were very much on again. | 当时又出了状况 |
[06:08] | – Petite Auberge? – Well… | -贝提特旅馆 -那个 |
[06:10] | Kennedy Center? | 肯尼迪中心 |
[06:11] | If I didn’t know you better, | 要不是我这么了解你 |
[06:12] | I’d think you were up to something. | 我都要以为你有别的小心思了 |
[06:13] | Uh, look, Trevor, | 特雷弗 |
[06:15] | we’ve been in each other’s lives for a long time. | 我们已经认识很久了 |
[06:17] | A decade is long, yes. | 十年了 确实很久了 |
[06:18] | And these last seven months have been really… | 过去这七个月非常地… |
[06:21] | meaningful. | 有意义 |
[06:22] | Meaningful enough to… | 以至于… |
[06:24] | I’m sorry. I’m nervous. I want to get this right. | 抱歉 我太紧张了 我不想出错 |
[06:26] | Hey. Blake, | 布莱克 |
[06:29] | this is something I’ve wanted for a long time. | 我一直在等你这句话 |
[06:32] | Good. | 那就好 |
[06:33] | Then you agree you should move in. | 那你同意搬来和我一起住了 |
[06:36] | Oh. You… | 你… |
[06:37] | You just want me to move in? | 你只是想让我搬去你那住 |
[06:40] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[06:41] | And, look, I made a spreadsheet. | 你看我做了一个表格 |
[06:43] | Um, housing costs, transportation. | 房屋费用 交通 |
[06:45] | You’re in finance. I know that you will see | 你是做金融的 你肯定知道 |
[06:46] | that the economies of scale are too great to pass up. | 规模经济效应影响很大 不能忽略 |
[06:49] | I, uh… | 我… |
[06:52] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[06:55] | Well, there’s no rush. I mean, you know, take it home, | 不急 带回家慢慢考虑 |
[06:56] | crunch the numbers, do your due diligence… | 好好算算数 做做调查 |
[06:58] | No, uh, I do know what to say. | 不必了 我知道该说什么了 |
[07:01] | I guess I was just hoping, | 我还以为 |
[07:03] | after all this time, | 我们在一起这么久了 |
[07:04] | for something more than | 你会向我提其他的一些事情 |
[07:06] | an appeal to economies of scale. | 而不仅仅是为了省钱而同居 |
[07:08] | Oh, no, it’s not just that. | 当然不仅仅是这个 |
[07:10] | I mean, we’re great together. We have fun. | 我们在一起很合得来啊 都很开心 |
[07:11] | – Yeah. – We like the same… | -没错 我们喜欢相同的 |
[07:13] | movies and… | 电影 还有 |
[07:15] | …beverages. | 饮料 |
[07:16] | Beverages? | 饮料 |
[07:18] | I’m bad at this. | 我嘴太笨 |
[07:19] | You know what, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[07:22] | I do need some time to think about this. | 我确实需要一些时间好好考虑考虑 |
[07:24] | Time alone. | 一个人静静 |
[07:25] | Wait, wait, why? | 等等 等等 为什么 |
[07:26] | Because if it took you this long to come up | 因为 如果你花了这么久才决定 |
[07:28] | with an economic reason to cohabitate, | 我们应该为了省钱而同居 |
[07:30] | then we are miles from an emotional reason | 那得等到什么时候才能找到一个情感理由 |
[07:32] | to do something more… | 能让你向我提出一起做 |
[07:34] | what’s your word?… | 你的话怎么说的来着 |
[07:35] | Meaningful. | 更有意义的事情 |
[07:37] | – Trevor… – Like get married. | -特雷弗 -比如结婚 |
[07:42] | You can’t even say it. | 你连这两个字都说不出口 |
[07:43] | – I can so say it. It’s not… – No, just let it go. | -我当然说得出来 这不是… -算了吧 |
[07:51] | I will let you know how the thinking goes. | 等我考虑出结果了 我会告诉你的 |
[07:52] | Wait a minute. Wait, you can’t do this. | 等等 等一下 你不能这样 |
[07:54] | We’re going to the Vineyard this weekend to meet my folks. | 我们这周末还要去葡萄园见我爸妈呢 |
[07:57] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我还是不去了吧 |
[07:59] | They’re dying to meet you. Trevor. | 他们特别想见你 特雷弗 |
[08:01] | I was distraught. | 我当时心烦意乱 |
[08:03] | Trevor meant the world to me. | 特雷弗就是我的全部 |
[08:04] | But did I really want to… marry him? | 但是我真的想和他 结婚吗 |
[08:07] | – Mr. Moran… – I mean, I knew we were compatible. | -莫兰先生 -我们很处得来 |
[08:09] | But marriage is, like, forever. | 但结婚 是一辈子的事 |
[08:11] | And… I mean, not that I’m a commitment-phobe. | 我不是承诺恐惧 |
[08:13] | – See, I’m a Gemini, and I think that… – Sir, this committee is | -我是双子座 -先生 本委员会 |
[08:15] | uninterested in your romantic misadventures. | 对你的情感创伤不感兴趣 |
[08:18] | Senator, | 参议员 |
[08:18] | if you insist on a fishing expedition, | 如果您坚持钓鱼式盘问 |
[08:21] | the witness is entitled to describe the pond. | 那么证人有权描述鱼池的状况 |
[08:23] | Get on with it, Mr. Moran. | 请直入主题 莫兰先生 |
[08:25] | I’m so sorry. I wanted to be there more than anything, | 抱歉 我也特别想去 |
[08:27] | but this fund-raiser in Cupertino was delayed, | 但是库比蒂诺的募捐活动推迟了 |
[08:30] | and I-I missed the last flight out. | 我没赶上最后一班出城的航班 |
[08:32] | Well, so, head out in the morning. | 那一早过来就行啊 |
[08:33] | I would, but there are no direct flights. | 我也想啊 但没有直飞的航班 |
[08:35] | I’d be so late. | 我肯定会迟到 |
[08:36] | Really disappointing. | 我们太失望了 |
[08:37] | Especially since we were so looking forward | 你知道我们有多期待 |
[08:39] | to finally meeting your mystery partner. | 终于可以见到你那神秘的伴侣了 |
[08:42] | We don’t even know this special someone’s gender. | 我们甚至连ta的性别都不知道 |
[08:44] | Not that it matters. | 当然了 是男是女不重要 |
[08:45] | We’re going to love them. | 我们都会爱他们的 |
[08:46] | You notice I said “them,” | 我刚刚说了”他们” 你注意到了吧 |
[08:48] | Even though that’s grammatically incorrect for our generation. | 尽管这么说对我们这代人而言是有语法错误的 |
[08:50] | You’re getting off point, dear. | 你跑题了 亲爱的 |
[08:52] | Don’t worry. We’ll reschedule another trip ASAP. | 别担心 我们马上就再做安排 |
[08:54] | And I’m sending you the best red Zin | 我给你寄一瓶仙粉黛 |
[08:55] | you’ve ever had. | 保证你没喝到过这么好的 |
[08:56] | Shelton’s coming. He has a Cessna. | 谢尔顿要过来 他有一架赛纳斯 |
[08:59] | That is a great idea. | 好主意 |
[09:01] | Sorry, uh, who’s Shelton? | 等等 谢尔顿是谁 |
[09:02] | Shelton Anderson. He’s a friend of ours. | 谢尔顿·安德森 我们的一个朋友 |
[09:04] | He lives in Menlo Park. | 他住在门罗帕克 |
[09:04] | He’s flying out tomorrow. You can hitch a ride. | 他明天要飞 你可以搭个顺风飞机 |
[09:07] | What? No, no, no, no. That’d be a huge inconvenience. | 什么 不不不 这太麻烦人了 |
[09:10] | Nonsense! | 瞎说 |
[09:10] | He’ll be thrilled. | 他肯定得激动死 |
[09:11] | We will set it up. | 我们来安排 |
[09:13] | We can’t wait to see you. | 我们等不及想见你 |
[09:15] | – And them. – No, no, no. Mom… | -还有他们 -不不 妈 |
[09:17] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:20] | The Secretary thanks you for your continued support. | 国务卿非常感谢您一直以来的支持 |
[09:22] | – It was lovely to meet you. – My pleasure. | -很高兴能结识您 -不客气 |
[09:23] | – Hi. Hi. Stevie. Hi. – What? | -斯蒂芬 斯蒂芬 -什么事 |
[09:26] | Your emotional booty call buddy could use a really big favor. | 你的精神炮友想请你帮个大忙 |
[09:31] | We have an armed terrorist bunkered in a cave. | 现在有一个武装恐怖分子藏身在洞穴里 |
[09:34] | The only surefire way to protect civilians | 这种情况下 唯一确保能成功保护平民 |
[09:37] | and American lives in this situation | 和美国公民生命的方法 |
[09:39] | is with autonomous UGVs. | 就是使用自动化无人战车 |
[09:42] | A.I. can operate at a scale and speed | 人工智能的行动范围和速度 |
[09:45] | far beyond even the most capable trained human soldier. | 远比最训练有素的人类士兵都强 |
[09:48] | It’s a quantum leap forward. | 这是质的飞跃 |
[09:50] | That’s the problem, isn’t it? | 这就是问题所在 不是吗 |
[09:51] | Precipitous deployment blows right past efforts | 冒失部署会毁掉我们以往 |
[09:54] | to regulate a new technology. | 为了控制一项新技术所做的努力 |
[09:56] | I thought I’d bring President Dalton’s | 我把道尔顿总统的前伦理顾问请来 |
[09:57] | former ethics advisor in for a consultation. | 一起探讨 |
[10:00] | And we all welcome your perspective, Henry. | 我们都非常欢迎你表达意见 亨利 |
[10:03] | But operational imperatives have to take precedence. | 但必须以行动优先 |
[10:06] | We can worry about ethics later. | 伦理道德可以先放一放稍后再谈 |
[10:08] | Oh, come on, Ellen. | 你这说的什么话 艾伦 |
[10:09] | History doesn’t give us many examples of that working out. | 这种方式没有很多成功的先例 |
[10:12] | Yeah, you can’t put that genie back in the bottle. | 没错 魔盒一旦打开就很难再把妖怪收回来 |
[10:14] | It worked with nuclear bombs. | 核弹的问题上就很成功 |
[10:15] | They were deployed in only one conflict. | 核弹只实战用过一次 |
[10:17] | And kicked off an arms race that cost trillions | 就导致了耗费数万亿资金的军备竞赛 |
[10:21] | and made humanity less safe. | 更给人类带来了威胁 |
[10:22] | Equating smart weapons with a nuclear stockpile? | 拿智能武器与核武器储备做类比不合适 |
[10:26] | At least, with nuclear weapons, mutually assured destruction | 核武器至少以同归于尽的威胁 |
[10:29] | kept the Cold War cold. | 没有让冷战变热 |
[10:30] | But can you imagine a nuclear weapon | 但你能想象 让一组不受人类控制的算法 |
[10:32] | under the control of an algorithm with no humanity? | 来控制核武器吗 |
[10:36] | A.I. lacks the human judgment | 人工智能不具备像人类一样的判断力 |
[10:38] | to be able to evaluate the proportionality of an attack, | 无法评估某一袭击的合理性 |
[10:42] | to recognize when a foe is surrendering. | 在敌人投降时也无法识别 |
[10:44] | And human troops lack the ability | 而人类士兵无法 |
[10:46] | to assess threats dispassionately. | 完全理性地评估威胁 |
[10:49] | And unlike robots, they die. | 并且他们不像机器人 他们会死 |
[10:51] | Good point. Except smart weapons | 说得对 但有一点 |
[10:53] | aren’t engineered to preserve life, | 智能武器的设计目的并不是为了保护生命 |
[10:55] | they’re engineered to take it. | 它们的目的是杀人 |
[10:57] | That’s what slaughterbots do. | 这就是屠杀机器人所做的事 |
[10:58] | It’s an intentionally loaded term… we’re talking about | 这个词别有深意 我们现在讨论的是 |
[11:01] | microdrones surgically dispatched to… | 精准调配的无人机 |
[11:04] | to neutralize high-value targets. | 消灭高价值目标 |
[11:06] | Like political opponents? | 比如政治对手 |
[11:07] | Journalists? Entire civilian populations? | 记者 全部平民 |
[11:10] | Come on, Henry, you’re deliberately conjuring | 得了 亨利 你这是刻意在设想 |
[11:12] | – a dystopian nightmare. – Well, what would you call | -反乌托邦噩梦 -那你觉得 |
[11:13] | thousands of robots using facial recognition technology | 成千上万的机器人利用面部识别技术 |
[11:17] | to hunt down and kill human beings? | 追捕和杀死人类 这种情形应该叫什么呢 |
[11:19] | Same thing I’d call an aircraft carrier or a nuclear submarine… | 就和航空母舰 或者核潜艇一样 |
[11:22] | a deterrent. | 威慑物 |
[11:23] | Plus, the only defense against a swarm | 况且 抵御一大波机器人的唯一方法就是 |
[11:26] | of robots is a more advanced swarm of robots, | 造出一大波更加先进的机器人 |
[11:29] | which is why we can’t fall behind. | 所以我们不能落后 |
[11:31] | A.I. is the tool that makes the world safer | 人工智能是一种可以使世界更加安全的工具 |
[11:34] | by obviating the need for conventional weapons or troops. | 因为它消除了使用传统武器或军队的需求 |
[11:38] | That’s not safety. That is a new kind of danger, | 这不是安全 这是一种新的危险 |
[11:40] | which is why Pakistan, South America | 所以巴基斯坦 南美洲国家 |
[11:44] | and most African nations are already | 以及大多数非洲国家已经 |
[11:46] | begging the U.N. to stop this in its tracks. | 恳请联合国叫停这项研究 |
[11:49] | And… | 况且 |
[11:50] | we can’t assume that only moral actors | 我们也不能假设 只有有道德的人 |
[11:53] | are going to have access | 才能接触到 |
[11:55] | – to smart weapons. – Exactly. | -智能武器 -没错 |
[11:57] | Microdrones can be cheaply mass-produced, | 微型无人机很容易批量生产 |
[11:59] | outfitted with C-4, bioagents, | 再装上C4炸药和生物毒剂 |
[12:02] | and once they get into the wrong hands… | 一旦落到不法之徒手上 |
[12:04] | which they will, | 这是必然的 |
[12:04] | ’cause they can be spoofed, they can be hacked. | 因为它们会被愚弄 会遭到黑客入侵 |
[12:06] | The technology is inevitable. | 这一技术是不可避免的趋势 |
[12:09] | Which is why we have the obligation to get there first. | 所以我们必须先下手为强 |
[12:12] | To make sure that we develop ethical versions | 确保它们在被用于不正当之途之前 |
[12:15] | before the unethical versions come out. | 首先以正当的方式来使用 |
[12:18] | Ethical killer robots… really? | 道德的杀人机器人 真的假的 |
[12:20] | All due respect to the Cassandras among us, | 我无意冒犯我们当中的”预言家” |
[12:22] | ma’am, we’re not talking about a… | 阁下 我们今天讨论的不是 |
[12:25] | a drone army today. | 无人机军队 |
[12:26] | We’re contemplating a few autonomous weapons | 我们只是考虑部署少量自主武器 |
[12:30] | whose deployment will spare American lives. | 以此拯救美国民众的生命 |
[12:33] | It’s never long before “few” becomes “many.” | 从”少量”到”很多” 这个过程不会太慢 |
[12:36] | Susan, where are we on a smart weapons treaty? | 苏姗 智能武器条约的进展如何 |
[12:39] | The same place we were in the Dalton administration… | 与道尔顿政府期间一样 没有进展 |
[12:42] | with Russia and China dragging their feet. | 因为俄罗斯和中国刻意拖延 |
[12:45] | While they pour billions into R&D. | 但他们两国却在武器研发方面投入了数十亿 |
[12:48] | So an arms race among the three superpowers… | 所以说 三个超级大国之间的军备竞赛 |
[12:51] | is already upon us, whether we want it or not. | 其实已经开始了 不论我们愿意不愿意 |
[12:53] | And the thing about arms races | 而军备竞赛的核心就是 |
[12:56] | – is you want to win them. – We’ve already outlawed | -要赢过对手 -我们已经将 |
[12:58] | chemical weapons, lasers that blind, | 化学武器 致盲射线 |
[13:00] | neutron bombs… | 中子炸弹… 列为非法武器 |
[13:03] | Negotiating a ban takes time. | 关于禁令的沟通需要时间 |
[13:05] | Yeah, well, there’s the rub, Henry… time. | 不过问题就在于 时间 亨利 |
[13:07] | If Fossor has perfected this technology, | 如果福斯尔工业完善了这项技术 |
[13:10] | how long before a Chinese or Russian contractor does? | 用不了多久中方或俄方供应商就能做出来 |
[13:13] | And if Russia or China beat us to the punch, | 如果俄罗斯或中国先发制人 |
[13:15] | we will never get them to the table. | 我们就再也无法跟他们进行谈判了 |
[13:17] | This isn’t just about bringing to justice | 这不只是为了把一个攻击 |
[13:19] | one terrorist who attacked | 联合国安全委员会的 |
[13:21] | the U.N. Security Council, ma’am. A-A… | 恐怖分子绳之以法 总统女士 |
[13:23] | As imperative as that goal is, | 与这同等重要的是 |
[13:25] | it’s about protecting America | 在我们还有能力的时候 |
[13:27] | while we still can. | 保护美国 |
[13:41] | I just don’t want to do this right now. | 我只是不想现在做这件事 |
[13:43] | You’ve been pacing back and forth the past hour. | 你一直在来回走有一个小时了 |
[13:46] | You’re the one who once told me | 是你告诉我 |
[13:47] | you think better when you multitask. | 在你处理多项事务的时候思维更快 |
[13:48] | Well, I was probably distracted when I said that. | 我说这话的时候或许正在分心 |
[13:50] | Behold Delilah, | 这是黛利拉 |
[13:51] | straight from a championship bloodline in Newcastle. | 来自纽卡斯尔的冠军血统 |
[13:53] | My goodness. | 天哪 |
[13:55] | What a beaut. She’s beautiful. | 真好看 她真美 |
[13:58] | Her mom won Best in Show | 她妈妈在威斯敏斯特 |
[13:59] | at Westminster… you’re in the presence of royalty. | 赢了最佳品相 你面前的就是皇室血统 |
[14:01] | She just… | 她只是 |
[14:03] | looks so sad. | 看上去好难过 |
[14:04] | You know, she needs a little time to acclimate | 离开妈妈和她的小伙伴们 |
[14:05] | after being separated from her mom and her litter mates. | 她需要一点时间来适应新环境 |
[14:08] | – What? – I meant… | -什么 -我是说 |
[14:09] | lovingly conveyed to her forever home. | 高兴地来到她的新家 |
[14:12] | Mike… how old is that puppy? | 麦克 这狗狗多大了 |
[14:15] | – Four, six weeks. – My God, | -四还是六周 -天哪 |
[14:17] | she’s pining for her mother and her litter mates? | 她在思念她的妈妈和她的小伙伴们 |
[14:20] | – You can’t… – Antidepressants. | -你不能 -抗抑郁药 |
[14:23] | Wha… | 什 |
[14:24] | It works for the polar bears in Central Park. | 在中央公园的北极熊吃了有用 |
[14:26] | Perk ’em right up. | 让他们立马振作起来 |
[14:27] | No. No. No. | 不不不 |
[14:29] | That puppy is going back to her mother | 这个狗狗要回到她妈妈 |
[14:32] | and her litter mates, unmedicated. | 和她的小伙伴身边 不能吃药 |
[14:35] | Mike, don’t even… Don’t open your mou… Dah. | 麦克 别 别出声 |
[14:39] | My God. | 天哪 |
[14:40] | Okay, Senator Rowland… he breeds English sheepdogs, | 好了 罗兰参议员 他繁育英国牧羊犬 |
[14:42] | and he’s a swing vote. | 而他是个决定性选票 |
[14:43] | Take her home. Right away. | 带她回家 现在就走 |
[14:46] | I’m supposed to find a dog that’s… | 我应该找一只 |
[14:48] | an only child? | 独生的狗狗吗 |
[14:52] | The president’s daughter joined you on a cross-country flight | 总统的女儿和你一起搭乘一名 |
[14:55] | with the head of a PAC that doled out eight million dollars | 政治委员会首领的私人飞机横跨全国的旅行 |
[14:58] | in support of candidates | 而他在选举过程中花了八百万美金 |
[14:59] | – during the last election cycle. – Yes. | -来赞助总统候选人 是吗 -对 |
[15:01] | At any point, did you ask | 你有没有在这过程中请求 |
[15:02] | Mr. Anderson to donate to Secretary McCord’s campaign? | 安德森先生赞助国务卿麦考德的竞选 |
[15:05] | – No. – Did Stevie McCord? | -没有 -斯蒂芬·麦考德呢 |
[15:07] | Hardly. | 不太可能 |
[15:08] | Stevie and… and Mr. Anderson didn’t exactly hit it off. | 斯蒂芬和 和安德森先生不太合得来 |
[15:13] | Look, all I’m saying | 我说的是 |
[15:15] | is the country’s not ready for a female president. | 国家还没有准备好迎接一个女总统 |
[15:17] | It’s too polarizing an idea. | 这想法太极端了 |
[15:19] | That is what they said about giving women the vote, about… | 这跟当时给女人选举权是一样的说法 |
[15:23] | letting them be in combat… | 让她们参与战争 |
[15:24] | I mean, glass ceilings are meant to be shattered, Mr. Anderson. | 玻璃顶棚就应该被打碎 安德森先生 |
[15:28] | Someday. Maybe. | 总有一天 或许吧 |
[15:29] | With someone who’s a bit more… likeable. | 一个更招人喜欢的人选 |
[15:32] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[15:33] | Plus, she’s never run for anything. | 况且 她没有参加过任何竞选 |
[15:35] | Now she’s suddenly gonna find the energy | 现在她突然就开始全国巡回 |
[15:37] | to crisscross the country for months? | 竞选总统了吗 |
[15:39] | She’ll wilt by summer. | 到夏天的时候她就该颓了 |
[15:40] | – Guaranteed. – Okay. | -肯定的 -好吧 |
[15:41] | – Uh, first of all… – Rose. | -首先 -桃红葡萄酒 |
[15:43] | Yes. Excuse us. | 失陪了 |
[15:45] | It’s a party. | 这是个派对 |
[15:46] | – No fighting. – I only need five minutes with him. | -别吵架 -我只是要跟他说五分钟 |
[15:48] | It’ll be a very short fight. | 会是个非常简短的吵架 |
[15:50] | My folks are freed up. | 我的爸妈腾出空来了 |
[15:51] | It’s time to meet Fred and Edie. | 该见见弗雷德和伊迪了 |
[15:52] | Just smile, let me do the talking. Mom, Dad. | 微笑就好 让我来说 爸妈 |
[15:55] | This is Stevie McCord. | 这位是斯蒂芬·麦考德 |
[15:56] | – Hi. – Elizabeth McCord’s daughter? | -你好 -伊丽莎白·麦考德的女儿吗 |
[15:58] | Yes. Very nice to meet you. Hi. | 对 很高兴见到你 你好 |
[16:00] | No wonder you didn’t tell us. | 怨不得你没告诉我们 |
[16:02] | – This is big news. – Well, not that big… | -这是个大新闻 -也不算大 |
[16:03] | Blake mentioned a mystery partner months ago. | 布莱克几个月前提起了一个神秘的伙伴 |
[16:06] | Oh. – So you must be very far down the road. | 你们肯定已经交往蛮久的了 |
[16:09] | – Edie, Edie… – As you know, | -伊迪 伊迪 -要知道 |
[16:10] | your dad and I moved in together | 我和你父亲在交往 |
[16:11] | after two months and four… | 两个月又四五天的时候 |
[16:13] | – five days. – Five-five days. | -就同居了 -五 五天 |
[16:14] | When you know, you know. | 时机到了的时候你会感觉到的 |
[16:15] | So do you know? | 你感觉到了吗 |
[16:17] | – Oh. I, no… – You know what? | -我 不 -不如这样 |
[16:18] | Why don’t you guys do a song? | 你们何不唱首歌 |
[16:19] | No, no, we’re gonna wait till after dessert. | 不不 我们要等到甜品过后 |
[16:21] | A grand finale. | 压轴出场 |
[16:22] | Nothing beats a prologue. | 开场是独一无二的 |
[16:23] | – Come on. – Well, what do you think? | -来嘛 -你怎么想 |
[16:24] | – All right. – Sure, okay. Hey, everyone, | -好吧 -好吧 各位 |
[16:26] | our son wants us to do a ditty. | 我们的儿子想让我们唱首小曲 |
[16:29] | What do you say? | 你们怎么想 |
[16:32] | – Right? – All right. | -怎么样 -好吧 |
[16:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:38] | Let me call you sweetheart | 让我叫你亲爱的 |
[16:40] | I’m in love with you | 我深爱着你 |
[16:45] | Let me hear you whisper | 让我听你耳语 |
[16:47] | That you love me, too | 说你也爱我 |
[16:51] | Keep the love-light glowing | 让这爱情慢慢发光 |
[16:54] | – I’m so sorry. – In your eyes so true | -我很抱歉 -在你的眼里特别真实 |
[16:58] | Let me call you sweetheart | 让我叫你亲爱的 |
[17:00] | I’m in love with you. | 我深爱着你 |
[17:05] | Bravo! | 真棒 |
[17:08] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[17:12] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[17:15] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[17:16] | – Same. – I didn’t know you were a car guy. | -我也是 -我不知道你还会修车 |
[17:19] | Hell yeah. | 当然 |
[17:20] | – Yeah. – And this one… | -对 -而这一辆 |
[17:22] | she’s gonna be transporting precious cargo. | 运送的货物可是无价之宝 |
[17:25] | My kids. | 我的孩子们 |
[17:26] | Brooke and Kevin. We’re going on a long trip. | 布鲁克和凯文 我们要长途旅行 |
[17:28] | Got to make sure every lug nut is tight. | 得确保每个螺母都拧紧了 |
[17:31] | Be a sport. | 搭把手 |
[17:32] | Hand me the dingus out of that tool chest. | 从工具箱里递给我那新玩意 |
[17:35] | The what? | 什么 |
[17:36] | The doohickey. | 那小玩意 |
[17:37] | A doohickey. What’s a doohickey? | 一个小玩意 什么是一个小玩意 |
[17:39] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[17:40] | The thingamabob. | 就是那个东西 |
[17:42] | Come on. I’m running late, here. | 快点 我要晚了 |
[17:44] | I’ll look it up. | 我来查一下 |
[17:45] | I’ll-I’ll look it up. | 我来查一下 |
[17:48] | – No, Henry. What? – What? What? | -不 亨利 什么 -什么 什么 |
[17:51] | Hey. Listen. | 听着 |
[17:54] | I had a dream about Peter Harriman. | 我做了个关于彼得·哈里曼的梦 |
[17:57] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[17:58] | He was fixing a car. | 他在修车 |
[18:02] | Going on a trip with his family. | 要和他的家人去旅行 |
[18:04] | And he asked me for a tool, | 然后他问我要一个工具 |
[18:07] | but I… I didn’t know which one he meant. | 但是我不知道他要的是哪一个 |
[18:10] | I couldn’t work my phone. | 我的手机又用不了 |
[18:11] | Again with the phone. | 又是手机 |
[18:13] | – I mean, come on… – Not about the phone. | -就是 好了吧 -不是手机的事 |
[18:14] | He was right there in front of me. | 他就站在我面前 |
[18:16] | It was so real. | 特别真实 |
[18:19] | Well, you’re trying to bring his killer to justice. | 你是想将那个杀手绳之以法 |
[18:21] | It makes sense. | 可以理解 |
[18:22] | Why was he talking to me about his kids? | 他为什么跟我说他的孩子们 |
[18:25] | Because the justice would be for his family. | 因为你是为他的家人将坏人绳之以法 |
[18:29] | And-and the car? And the tools? | 那车呢 那工具呢 |
[18:31] | – What does that mean? – Well, maybe you’re looking | -那是什么意思 -或许你在寻找 |
[18:33] | for the right instrument to get the job done. | 合适的手段来解决问题 |
[18:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:37] | Or maybe it’s about | 又或许这是关于 |
[18:39] | machines needing human oversight. | 需要人类监管的机器的 |
[18:43] | Or maybe it’s about the pint of rocky road that you ate. | 又或许是关于你吃的那桶巧克力坚果冰淇淋 |
[18:47] | Half pint of rocky road. | 半桶巧克力坚果冰淇淋 |
[18:50] | Symbolism there, too. | 也可能是因为这个 |
[18:52] | Half pint. | 半桶 |
[18:55] | You know what that means. | 你知道那代表什么 |
[18:58] | – There’s more left. – Yeah. | -还有剩的 -对 |
[18:59] | – So… Okay. Go ahead. – Okay. | -好吧 继续 -好 |
[19:04] | We have a B-2 | 我们有一架B2轰炸机 |
[19:05] | with the GBU payload circling the target. | 载着激光制导炸弹在目标上方待命 |
[19:07] | SEAL Team Nine is at the ready, | 海豹九队在待命状态 |
[19:09] | and the autonomous UGVs are in situ. | 还有无人地面车准备就绪 |
[19:20] | Madam President? | 总统女士 |
[19:21] | The B-2 can stand down. | B2轰炸机可以撤退 |
[19:24] | I’m not prepared to inflict casualties | 我不想给无辜的民众 |
[19:26] | on an innocent civilian population. | 带来死伤 |
[19:28] | Well, I’d like to know where people | 我想知道大家 |
[19:30] | land on this. | 是怎么想的 |
[19:32] | Ed? | 伊迪 |
[19:33] | Autonomous UGVs. | 无人地面车 |
[19:35] | I’m for any option | 我支持任何能够保护 |
[19:36] | that protects our troops. | 我国士兵的选择 |
[19:38] | UGVs. | 无人地面车 |
[19:42] | UGVs. | 无人地面车 |
[19:44] | SEALs. | 海豹突击队 |
[19:48] | Russell? | 拉塞尔 |
[19:49] | I’m convinced the risks of this tech outweigh the benefits. | 我认为这项技术的风险大于好处 |
[19:54] | SEAL team. | 海豹突击队 |
[19:55] | Well, I appreciate the input. Thank you. | 感谢大家的意见 谢谢 |
[19:58] | And I don’t dismiss the need to protect our troops. | 我不想摒弃保护我们军队的需求 |
[20:02] | But there are good reasons | 但是各国政府不断要求 |
[20:04] | why successive administrations | 制定对自主武器的禁令 |
[20:06] | have sought a preemptive ban on autonomous weapons. | 是有原因的 |
[20:09] | Deploying them now will have consequences | 现在派出自主武器会对我们 |
[20:11] | we’re only beginning to grapple with. | 刚刚获得的成就造成影响 |
[20:16] | We have the finest military in history. | 我们有史上最棒的军队 |
[20:19] | Let’s use it. | 物尽其用吧 |
[20:22] | Alpha 1, it’s a go. | 阿尔法一号 行动 |
[20:23] | Copy that, Admiral. | 收到 将军 |
[20:29] | Go, go, go. | 快快快 |
[20:34] | No comms until they exit the cave. | 从洞穴出来之前无法联系 |
[20:35] | So now we wait. | 只能等了 |
[20:47] | Base, this is Alpha 1. | 基地 我是阿尔法一号 |
[20:48] | Target has been neutralized. | 目标已经消灭 |
[20:50] | We have a dozen captives in custody. | 抓获了十二名俘虏 |
[20:52] | SEAL team remains at full capacity. | 海报小队无人伤亡 |
[20:56] | Copy that, Alpha 1. | 收到 阿尔法一号 |
[20:58] | We’re gonna do an aerial recon to sweep | 我们将进行空中侦察 |
[21:00] | for any kind of remaining resistance. Then… | 清楚残余抵抗 然后… |
[21:03] | What’s going on? Ed, what’s happening? | 怎么回事 艾德 怎么回事 |
[21:05] | Switch to Camera C. | 切换到C摄像头 |
[21:15] | At 9:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight time, | 在东部夏令时上午9:14 |
[21:18] | President McCord deployed a SEAL Team | 麦考德总统派出了一只海豹突击队 |
[21:20] | in the Caucasus Mountain region to neutralize Laszlo Galassy, | 到高加索山脉以消灭拉斯洛·加拉西 |
[21:24] | mastermind of last year’s deadly sarin gas attack at the U.N. | 去年联合国沙林毒气事件的幕后主使 |
[21:27] | The mission was a success, but during the operation, | 任务成功 但在任务进行中 |
[21:30] | eight members of SEAL Team Nine were killed, | 由于遭受到肩扛式地对空导弹的攻击 |
[21:33] | and six others were injured | 海豹突击九队的队员中 |
[21:34] | by a shoulder-launched surface-to-air missile. | 八人牺牲 六人受伤 |
[21:37] | The nation mourns their loss. | 举国哀悼 |
[21:39] | Was Russia apprised of the operation? | 俄罗斯提前知道这次行动吗 |
[21:41] | No. Frank. | 不知道 弗兰克 |
[21:42] | I understand the president was given the option | 我听说曾有人建议总统使用 |
[21:44] | of using fully autonomous weapons | 全自主进攻武器 |
[21:45] | instead of sending in troops. | 避免派出士兵 |
[21:47] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[21:48] | You know I can’t comment about operational matters. | 你知道我不能对具体行动问题做出评论 |
[21:51] | What was President McCord’s rationale | 麦考德总统将士兵 |
[21:52] | for putting troops in harm’s way instead? | 置于危险境地的理由是什么 |
[21:54] | Please answer the question. | 请回答这个问题 |
[21:58] | Someone leaked our smart weapons deliberations. | 有人把智能武器的意见泄露出去了 |
[22:00] | There were a limited number of people in that room. | 屋子里当时就那么几个人 |
[22:03] | All of whom probably read in their subordinates. | 可能所有人都和下属说过 |
[22:05] | We’re gonna have to cast a wider net. | 网得铺大一些 |
[22:06] | – Get Director Banks on it. – Yes, ma’am. | -交给班克斯局长 -明白 阁下 |
[22:09] | And when I find out which son of a bitch leaked this… | 等我知道了是哪个混蛋泄露出去的 |
[22:12] | A more pressing issue is the next of kin. | 现在更紧急的事情是死者的近亲 |
[22:14] | I don’t want them thinking that I jeopardized | 我不想让他们认为是我让他们的爱人 |
[22:17] | their loved ones unnecessarily. | 去白白送死 |
[22:19] | I wouldn’t be too concerned about that. | 你不用担心这个 |
[22:20] | You have a well-earned reputation | 所有人都知道 |
[22:22] | for safeguarding human life. | 你忠于维护生命 |
[22:24] | I’m not worried about my reputation, | 我不是担心我的声誉 |
[22:25] | I’m worried about the bereaved. | 我是担心失去亲人的那些人 |
[22:27] | I want to meet with them as soon as possible, okay? | 我想尽快和他们见面 好吗 |
[22:29] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 |
[22:31] | You know, we might also have a diplomatic opening here. | 从外交上来说 这可能也是一个契机 |
[22:36] | Public disclosure of our ability | 我们部署 |
[22:38] | to deploy autonomous weapons | 自主武器能力的曝光 |
[22:40] | could finally bring Russia | 或许能最终让俄罗斯 |
[22:43] | and China to the table over a ban. | 和中国坐到一个禁令的谈判桌前 |
[22:45] | We may be in luck. | 那我们走运了 |
[22:48] | WTO’s in town this week. | 世贸组织这周在城里开会 |
[22:49] | Well, let’s get Secretary Thompson | 让汤姆森国务卿 |
[22:51] | to backchannel with Chen and Avdonin. | 私下和陈以及阿多宁联系一下 |
[22:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:02] | This has been asked and answered, Senator, several times. | 这个问题已经问答了很多次了 参议员 |
[23:04] | And I find it impossible | 我很难相信 |
[23:05] | to believe that at no time did the secretary’s daughter, | 一周前加入竞选阵营的国务卿女儿 |
[23:08] | who joined her campaign only a week earlier, | 居然没有找到机会 |
[23:11] | have a heart-to-heart | 和这个国家 |
[23:12] | with this country’s most important bounders. | 最有权势的恶人深谈一番 |
[23:14] | They did have a heart-to-heart. | 他们的确谈心聊天了 |
[23:19] | I suspected as much. | 我猜也是 |
[23:21] | Continue. | 继续 |
[23:22] | Third-party candidacies are a colossal waste of time. | 第三方竞选者简直就是浪费时间 |
[23:25] | Pointless spoilers. | 毫无意义的搅局人 |
[23:27] | The historical record is undeniable. | 历史是无法否认的 |
[23:28] | Lincoln was a third-party candidate. | 林肯就是第三方竞选人 |
[23:30] | Yes, he was. | 那倒没错 |
[23:31] | – And look what happened to him. – That’s… | -看他落了个什么下场 -你 |
[23:34] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 |
[23:35] | You love your mother. | 你爱你的妈妈 |
[23:36] | And, uh, that’s endearing. | 这很好 |
[23:38] | But facts are facts, sweetheart. | 但事实就是事实 宝贝 |
[23:42] | First of all, I’m not your sweetheart. | 首先 我可不是你的宝贝 |
[23:43] | Easy. I didn’t mean to… | 别激动 我不是想 |
[23:45] | To what… to traffic in stereotypes, | 想干什么 陈词滥调 |
[23:47] | like this country’s not ready for a female president? | 比如 这个国家还没准备好接受一个女总统 |
[23:50] | Or that women are unlikable. | 或者 女人不招人喜欢 |
[23:52] | Or that my mom, who was Secretary of State for five years, | 或者说我妈妈 当了五年国务卿 |
[23:55] | and before that she was a-a top CIA operative, | 之前还是一名顶级中情局特工 |
[23:58] | all while raising three kids, | 还养育了三个孩子 |
[23:59] | but-but she… | 但是她 她 |
[24:01] | she just doesn’t have the energy for a man’s job. | 她就是没有能力去做男人的工作 |
[24:04] | – No need to get bent out of shape. – Sure. Yeah. | -不用这么生气 -对 不生气 |
[24:06] | I mean. Implying that my mother’s gonna be assassinated. | 暗示我妈妈可能会被刺杀 |
[24:09] | – Why would that offend me, – Dessert’s up. | -这怎么可能惹到我 -甜点来了 |
[24:10] | do you think? I don’t know. | 你觉得呢 我不知道 |
[24:15] | 多佛空军基地 特拉华州 多佛 | |
[24:21] | Good afternoon. Uh… | 下午好 |
[24:23] | thank you for agreeing to meet with me. | 谢谢大家来和我见面 |
[24:26] | I can only imagine | 我无法想象 |
[24:28] | how difficult this moment must be. | 现在有多么艰难 |
[24:32] | I wanted to thank each of you, personally | 我想向对大家的牺牲 |
[24:36] | for your sacrifice. | 表达我的谢意 |
[24:44] | Tell me about your loved one. | 跟我讲讲你们的家人 |
[24:46] | Lieutenant John Marshall. | 约翰·马绍尔上尉 |
[24:50] | Thank you for your sacrifice, Mrs. Marshall. | 感谢你的牺牲 马绍尔夫人 |
[24:56] | And yours? | 你的家人呢 |
[24:58] | My twin brother. | 我的双胞胎兄弟 |
[25:00] | Master at Arms First Class, Danny Fitzpatrick. | 一等兵武器专家 丹尼·菲茨帕特里克 |
[25:03] | He was my best friend and I still owed him 50 bucks. | 他是我最好的朋友 我还欠他五十块钱呢 |
[25:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:08] | My son. | 我的儿子 |
[25:11] | Chief Special Warfare Operator Oscar Diaz. | 特种武器专家 奥斯卡·迪亚兹 |
[25:15] | He loved the Yankees. | 他喜欢洋基队 |
[25:18] | And the ladies. | 也喜欢女人 |
[25:19] | He was learning Swedish ’cause he said | 他这能在学习瑞典语 因为他说 |
[25:23] | the girls over there were… | 那边的女孩子们 |
[25:25] | amazing. | 太棒了 |
[25:30] | I just wanted to say… | 我只想说 |
[25:32] | Well, I wanted to assure you | 我向各位保证 |
[25:35] | that their sacrifice was not in vain. | 他们不是白白牺牲的 |
[25:38] | They were heroes, Madam President. | 他们是英雄 总统女士 |
[25:40] | Wh-Why do you need to tell us | 为什么你对我们说 |
[25:41] | they didn’t die in vain? | 他们不是白白牺牲的 |
[25:42] | Because I know what’s being reported. | 因为我也听到了外面的报道 |
[25:45] | That… | 说 |
[25:47] | smart weapons could have spared them. | 智能武器本可以避免他们的牺牲 |
[25:50] | They weren’t trying to be spared. | 他们并不怕死 |
[25:52] | They were trying to do their duty. | 他们是在为国尽忠 |
[25:53] | It’s what they signed up for. | 这就是他们入伍的目的 |
[25:55] | What they deserve | 他们应该得到的 |
[25:56] | is a president who stands up publicly for their sacrifice. | 是总统公开站出来 荣耀他们的牺牲 |
[25:59] | And doesn’t apologize for it. | 而不是为此而道歉 |
[26:01] | I haven’t. I… | 我不是 我 |
[26:02] | No, ma’am. Due respect. | 不 阁下 恕我直言 |
[26:04] | You’ve done something worse. | 你让事情更糟了 |
[26:06] | You’ve stayed silent | 你一直保持沉默 |
[26:08] | as your critics have made it seem like | 使得批评你的人让整件事看上去 |
[26:09] | this mission was a mistake. | 好像这个任务就是个错误 |
[26:11] | But it wasn’t a mistake. | 但这不是个错误 |
[26:13] | An evil man was brought to justice, right? | 坏人被绳之以法了 对吗 |
[26:17] | They did that. | 是他们做到的 |
[26:19] | Yes, they did. | 对 是他们 |
[26:22] | I am so grateful for your bravery, | 我非常感激各位的勇敢 |
[26:25] | and the bravery of your loved ones. | 以及你们家人的勇敢 |
[26:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:31] | Absolute… Madam President. | 绝对 总统女士 |
[26:34] | This is a surprise. | 意外的惊喜 |
[26:35] | We were expecting Secretary Thompson. | 我们还以为汤姆森国务卿会来 |
[26:37] | Well, I decided to step in. | 我决定介入了 |
[26:38] | That’s problematic. | 这可就有问题了 |
[26:40] | As you’re aware, there is a protocol we subvert | 你也知道 我们有规定 |
[26:43] | by parleying directly with you. | 避免直接和您会谈 |
[26:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:46] | I also know that even with inducements, | 我还知道 不管在什么条件下 |
[26:49] | President Li and President Salnikov | 李主席和萨尔尼科夫总统 |
[26:51] | would decline to discuss | 都会拒绝讨论 |
[26:53] | meaningful limits on autonomous weapons. | 对自主武器的有效限制 |
[26:56] | We’re not authorized to… | 我没无权 |
[26:58] | have this discussion… | 进行这个讨论 |
[27:00] | I just need you to listen | 你们听就行 |
[27:02] | and run my proposal up the flag pole. | 把我的提议汇报给你们的领袖 |
[27:04] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[27:06] | What are the contours of the agreement you are seeking? | 您在寻求什么共识呢 |
[27:09] | A complete and total ban. | 全方面的完全禁止 |
[27:13] | There are strong moral arguments here. | 存在严重的道德争论 |
[27:16] | But I do think that we likely | 但我相信 |
[27:18] | will find more common ground in the practicalities. | 我们会在实践中达成更多共识 |
[27:21] | We’re all going to spend | 我们都计划花费 |
[27:23] | billions of dollars on this arms race. | 数十亿美元用于这场军备竞赛 |
[27:26] | Drive up our national debts, | 花光国债 |
[27:27] | mortgage our children’s futures. | 抵押青少年的未来 |
[27:29] | Forgive my cynicism, | 原谅我的犬儒主义 |
[27:31] | but this is a propitious time for your government | 但在这个时间推行禁令 |
[27:34] | to push for such a ban, isn’t it? | 对你的政府太有利了 对吗 |
[27:37] | Yes. Now that you’ve achieved operational capability, | 没错 现在你们已经能投入实战了 |
[27:40] | you’re looking to lock in your strategic advantage. | 你是想锁定你们的战略优势 |
[27:43] | Strategic advantage I-is an illusion. | 战略优势 这就是个幻想 |
[27:46] | If nuclear weapons taught us anything, | 要说核武器给我们的启发 |
[27:47] | it’s that no country can win an arms race. | 那就是没有哪个国家能赢得军备竞赛 |
[27:50] | I trust you both remember the madness of that one. | 你们都记得那次的惨痛教训吧 |
[27:54] | We see a U.S. president in domestic trouble, | 我们看见的是一个面对国内压力的美国总统 |
[27:58] | trying to use us to gain political capital. | 试图利用我们增加政治资本 |
[28:02] | This is not about my presidency,for God’s sake. | 老天 这跟我的总统位置无关 |
[28:06] | Ming, Konstantin. | 明 康斯坦丁 |
[28:08] | Look, e-even if you like the idea of autonomous weapons, | 就算你们支持研发自主武器 |
[28:12] | what happens when a hacker encodes a virus | 如果黑客用病毒侵入 |
[28:16] | to turn them on Beijing, Moscow, or Washington? | 向北京 莫斯科或华盛顿开火怎么办 |
[28:19] | The whole point of smart weapons | 智能武器最重要的一点 |
[28:23] | is that we cede control. | 就是我们放弃控制权 |
[28:26] | And if we cede control, | 如果我们真的放弃控制权 |
[28:28] | they’re our ticket to oblivion, | 我们只有死路一条 |
[28:30] | an existential threat | 因此这不允许我们 |
[28:31] | with no room for error, no way back. | 出任何差错 没有回头路可走 |
[28:34] | But there is a way out, if we work together. | 但如果我们协同合作就有出路 |
[28:37] | And if we choose not to come to the table? | 如果我们不同意呢 |
[28:40] | Well, I intend to give an address from the Oval Office tonight. | 今晚我打算做全国电视演讲 |
[28:44] | To announce what? | 宣布什么 |
[28:44] | Either that the three superpowers have agreed | 要么我们三大强国 |
[28:47] | on a comprehensive ban on autonomous weapons | 在全面禁用自主武器上达成一致 |
[28:50] | or that my government is plowing $30 billion | 要么美国政府将斥资三百亿美金 |
[28:53] | in R&D to deploy them. | 进行自主武器研发 |
[28:56] | You’re bluffing. | 你在吓唬我们 |
[28:57] | Your bosses have five hours to get back to me with an answer. | 告诉你们的老大 他们有五个小时做决定 |
[29:06] | An Oval Office address. | 全国电视演讲 |
[29:08] | It’s bold. It’s brave. | 很大胆 很勇敢 |
[29:10] | You think it’ll backfire. | 你觉得会有反效果 |
[29:12] | I think you seem to feel | 我觉得你让人感到 |
[29:14] | an overwhelming need to explain yourself. | 迫切地需要解释自己 |
[29:18] | Isn’t that a president’s job? | 这不就是总统该做的吗 |
[29:20] | A president’s job is to lead, | 总统的工作是领导 |
[29:22] | with strength. | 强有力的领导 |
[29:23] | Not to appeal to be understood or-or supported. | 而不是恳求理解和支持 |
[29:27] | Well, you put it that way, | 你这么说的话 |
[29:29] | feels like the old patriarchy | 就像老家长们 |
[29:30] | telling me to do things the way they’ve always been done by men. | 告诉我该以男人处理问题的方式做事似的 |
[29:35] | I don’t know how to communicate | 你不听劝的话 |
[29:37] | without you hearing those things. | 我不知道该怎么跟你沟通下去 |
[29:45] | Try advising me as a president | 把我当成总统来提建议 |
[29:47] | and not as a woman. | 而不是女人 |
[29:49] | Point taken. | 懂了 |
[29:52] | I have a second critique. | 我有个意见 |
[29:54] | Talking about smart weapons? | 公开讨论智能武器 |
[29:56] | Y-You are about to scare the crap out of the American public. | 你会让美国百姓惊慌失措 |
[30:01] | And presidents who do that… | 而这样做的总统 |
[30:03] | typically… are not popular | 往往不受欢迎 |
[30:06] | and are not effective. | 也没有政绩 |
[30:07] | Russell, do you… do you agree | 拉塞尔 你是否同意 |
[30:10] | that autonomous warfare poses a serious threat to humanity? | 自主武器作战对人类造成严重威胁 |
[30:15] | Yes. | 同意 |
[30:16] | And that it’s a president’s job to concern herself with such things? | 这也是一个总统应该关注的问题 |
[30:20] | Yes. | 对 |
[30:21] | Well, then, for today, | 那么 现在 |
[30:22] | I won’t worry about being popular or effective. | 我不担心是否受欢迎或有无政绩 |
[30:26] | I’ll worry about being presidential. | 我只关心总统的职责 |
[30:31] | I’ll have drafts of, uh… | 90分钟内 |
[30:33] | two different speeches for your review | 我会交出两个版本的演讲稿 |
[30:36] | in the next 90 minutes. | 供你审阅 |
[30:40] | It comes down to this, Mr. Moran. | 简言之 莫兰先生 |
[30:42] | Were you aware that two weeks after you met Mr. Anderson, | 你知道就在你见了安德森的两周后 |
[30:45] | his PAC donated half a million dollars | 他的政治行动委就向外部一个 |
[30:47] | to an outside dark money group | 支持国务卿全国竞选的黑钱组织 |
[30:49] | supporting the secretary coast to coast? | 捐了五十万美金 |
[30:51] | Ye… Uh, yes. | 是吧 |
[30:52] | Everyone on the campaign was. It was a big deal. | 每个竞选团队都这么做 筹款很重要 |
[30:54] | And a mere two days after that windfall, | 仅在这笔钱到账两天后 |
[30:57] | you and Stevie McCord belatedly chose | 你和斯蒂芬·麦考德才决定 |
[30:58] | to reimburse Mr. Anderson for use of his private plane. | 报销安德森私人飞机的使用费 |
[31:01] | – Right? – That’s correct. | -对吗 -对 |
[31:02] | Why would you reimburse him | 如果你没有要求他 |
[31:04] | if you’re not soliciting him | 向你的候选人捐款 |
[31:05] | to donate to your candidate? | 你怎么会给他报销 |
[31:07] | Because we wanted to avoid | 因为我们要避免造成任何 |
[31:08] | even the appearance of impropriety. | 对竞选不妥的影响 |
[31:11] | Because you knew it was an in-kind campaign donation. | 因为你知道这是场权钱交易的竞选 |
[31:13] | That’s not true. | 这不是事实 |
[31:14] | Which you only declared after the target | 所以你才会在你的索取目标 |
[31:16] | of your solicitation cut you a check. | 给你写支票之后才申请报销 |
[31:19] | Proof you were trying to bypass campaign finance laws. | 证实了你企图规避竞选筹款法 |
[31:21] | That’s also not true. | 这也不是事实 |
[31:23] | Laws you also broke | 违法的事实还有 |
[31:24] | by illegally coordinating with his PAC. | 你与政治行动委的非法勾结 |
[31:27] | Senator, you are free to refer these matters to the FEC, | 参议员 你大可以向联邦竞选委汇报上诉情况 |
[31:30] | but you have Mr. Moran’s answer. | 但莫兰先生已经回答你了 |
[31:33] | Yes. And I need him to answer this, too. | 我还要他回答这个问题 |
[31:35] | If the purpose of your interactions | 如果你接触安德森的目的 |
[31:37] | with Mr. Anderson was not fundraising, | 不是为了筹款 |
[31:40] | why did you send this text | 你怎么会在你父母的聚会上 |
[31:41] | to the president’s daughter during your parents’ party? | 给总统女儿发这样的短信 |
[31:44] | And I quote: “You have to butter up Shelton.” | 短信说道 你得拍谢尔顿的马屁 |
[31:46] | Simple. He was our ride back. | 很简单 我们得搭他的飞机回去 |
[31:49] | – Hey. Would you please just apologize? – No. No! I will not. | -你就道个歉吧 -才不 |
[31:52] | We have an event in L.A. tomorrow. | 我们明天还要去洛杉矶 |
[31:53] | It’s gonna be a long walk from the vineyard. | 从葡萄园走过去很远 |
[31:54] | I hate this whole entitled crustacean-obsessed colony. | 我讨厌这个被甲壳动物占领的殖民岛 |
[31:57] | I only came here because it was a favor to you. | 我来这只是为了帮你个忙 |
[31:59] | How is making a scene a favor? | 你闹成这样还算什么帮忙 |
[32:01] | I was defending my mother, | 我在维护我妈 |
[32:03] | the person that you work for. Remember, Blake? | 还记得吗她是你上司 布莱克 |
[32:07] | What the hell is going on with her? | 她这是怎么了 |
[32:09] | Yeah. | 就是 |
[32:12] | We love her. | 我们挺喜欢她的 |
[32:15] | I present Goddess, which is not very of the people, | 为你献上女神 虽然不是人奉的神 |
[32:18] | so before we go to press, | 所以发布新闻前 |
[32:19] | we should probably change it to something like Goddess of the People. | 我们可以用女神之类的字眼来美化她 |
[32:21] | She is a looker. | 真是个美妞 |
[32:23] | And with a daily grooming and vitamin regimen, | 每日打理毛发外加维生素 |
[32:24] | she will stay that way. | 她会一直这么漂亮 |
[32:25] | Seems like a lot of work. | 貌似挺麻烦的 |
[32:27] | Not for you. | 不用你来 |
[32:28] | Well, still, I don’t know if I’m comfortable | 我还是不能接受和一只 |
[32:30] | with a dog who spends more time on her hair than I do. | 比我在头发上花更多时间的狗在一起 |
[32:34] | She’s not really | 她又不是那种 |
[32:35] | a “Rolling around on the lawn” type. | 整天在草地里打滚的狗 |
[32:37] | I agree. More of a “Fetching a vote on the floor” type. | 没错 更像是一只为你赢得选票的狗 |
[32:40] | Well, I appreciate that, Mike. | 谢谢你 迈克 |
[32:42] | But we are going to want to have a relationship with the animal. | 但我们想跟宠物建立感情 |
[32:45] | Well, she’s very relatable. | 她很粘人 |
[32:46] | Why don’t you try communicating with her | 在认为她冷漠之前 |
[32:48] | before you decide she’s icy. | 先交流一下再说 |
[32:49] | Well… | 好吧 |
[32:51] | Goddess. Goddess. | 女神 女神 |
[32:52] | I think she senses your hostility. | 她可能感受到你的敌意 |
[32:53] | Or she’s an overbred, tightly-wound bitch. | 或者她被喂得太饱了 焦虑易怒 |
[32:58] | Once she realizes you’re alpha, she will fall into line. | 一旦知道你是老大 她会守规矩的 |
[33:01] | I’m already trying to convince | 我已经在费老大力气说服中俄 |
[33:02] | China and Russia that I’m the alpha. | 我就是老大 |
[33:04] | I don’t want to have to worry about it with my dog. | 我可不想再费力说服我的狗 |
[33:07] | She’s not a fit. | 她不合适 |
[33:07] | Everybody wants a Gordon. | 大家都想养戈登那样的狗狗 |
[33:10] | There was only one. | 但世上只有一只 |
[33:10] | – I know. – I’ll keep looking. | -明白 -我再找找 |
[33:12] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[33:14] | Two speeches, Madam President, as promised. | 总统阁下 两个版本的演讲稿如期交付 |
[33:18] | – Daisy. – Still no word from Beijing or Moscow? | -黛西 -北京莫斯科方面还是没消息吗 |
[33:22] | Nope. | 没有 |
[33:23] | And the clock is ticking. | 而且没多少时间了 |
[33:24] | Multibillion-dollar arms race, | 要么砸百亿资金在军备竞赛上 |
[33:27] | comprehensive ban treaty. | 要么签全面禁止协议 |
[33:29] | I mean, I… | 简直是 |
[33:31] | I’m used to things coming down to the wire, | 我习惯了在最后一分钟做决定 |
[33:33] | but wow. | 但现在 |
[33:34] | Well, you damn sure have enough on your plate. | 你操心的事还真不少 |
[33:37] | I need to bring this to your attention. | 你得看下这个 |
[33:47] | This is the leaker? | 这就是泄密者 |
[33:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:50] | I want to see him as soon as possible. | 我要马上见他 |
[33:52] | Thought you would. He’s on the way. | 就知道你会 他马上到 |
[33:54] | Oh, my God. Hey. | 哦 老天 |
[33:57] | Meet FDOTUS, a mutt of indeterminate age and ancestry. | 见一下第一国犬 年龄血统不详 |
[34:02] | She’s got no papers, no Instagram feed. | 她没有论文要写 没有社交账号 |
[34:05] | And she can’t do a single trick, can you? | 她也不会恶作剧 对吧 |
[34:07] | I’ll let you break it to Mike. | 你们自己跟迈克说吧 |
[34:09] | Oh, good girl. Oh, good girl. | 哦 好孩子 |
[34:11] | Well, how did you do this so quickly? | 你怎么这么快就找到了 |
[34:13] | – What do you mean? – Well… | -怎么了 -就是… |
[34:14] | I walked to the shelter in Dupont Circle, | 我去了杜邦环岛的收容所 |
[34:17] | and FDOTUS practically jumped in my lap. | 第一国犬就这样跳到我的膝盖上 |
[34:19] | – Didn’t you, buddy? – Oh, she’s perfect. | -是吧 伙计 -哦 她真完美 |
[34:21] | – Mm, isn’t she? – I don’t like the name, though. | -那当然 -但我不喜欢这么叫她 |
[34:23] | – That’s silly. – Well, that’ll come. | -傻乎乎的 -会有好名字的 |
[34:25] | Hi. Hi. | 你好 |
[34:26] | Okay, I’m gonna leave you guys to get acquainted. | 你们相互熟悉一下 |
[34:28] | Oh, okay. | 好 |
[34:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[34:32] | Come on, go play with Mama. | 去找妈妈玩 |
[34:33] | I’m afraid she imprinted on me a little bit. | 她恐怕是赖上我了 |
[34:35] | – That’s okay. – All right. | -没事 -好的 |
[34:37] | But you’ll definitely be her human. | 你会成为她的依靠 |
[34:39] | We’ll bond later. | 我们会加深感情的 |
[34:42] | It’s been a long day, Senator. | 已经一整天了 参议员 |
[34:43] | – Are we about done here? – Just a moment. | -我们快结束了吗 -稍等 |
[34:47] | Yes. Here it is. | 还有个问题 |
[34:48] | – I have to pee. – Mr. Moran, you insist | -我要上厕所 -莫兰先生 你坚持声称 |
[34:50] | your trip to your parents’ party had no campaign-related purpose. | 参加你父母聚会的目的与竞选无关 |
[34:53] | Yes, that’s correct. | 正确 |
[34:54] | And yet you didn’t rejoin the campaign | 而且之后的五天时间你也没有 |
[34:55] | for another five days, did you? | 重新加入竞选 对吗 |
[34:57] | No, I didn’t. | 是的 我没有 |
[34:58] | Because, having sealed the deal | 因为已经搞定了安德森先生的 |
[34:59] | with Mr. Anderson’s PAC, | 政治行动委员会 |
[35:01] | you were trying to land more big game, | 你还想获得更大的收获 |
[35:03] | weren’t you? | 对吗 |
[35:03] | I was definitely trying to land big game, Senator, | 我当然想有更大的收获 参议员 |
[35:06] | but it had nothing to do with politics. | 但这跟政治无关 |
[35:09] | – Trevor? – Hey. | -特雷弗 -你好 |
[35:11] | How was San Francisco? | 旧金山怎么样 |
[35:13] | Uh, good. Well, wh-what are you doing here? | 很好 你怎么到这儿来了 |
[35:16] | It was a ten-hour drive from D.C., | 我从华盛顿特区开了十小时车过来的 |
[35:17] | but there’s something I have to say. | 但有些话我必须要说 |
[35:19] | – Me too. – Me first. Um… | -我也是 -我先说 |
[35:22] | Look, I overreacted because I was disappointed. | 听着 我反应过度是因为当时我很失望 |
[35:24] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[35:26] | But I love you. | 但我爱你 |
[35:28] | And I want to be with you. | 而且我想和你在一起 |
[35:30] | And if you’ll still have me, I’ll move in, | 而且如果你还欢迎我 我会搬过来跟你住 |
[35:33] | and the future will be what it’ll be. | 未来就顺其自然吧 |
[35:37] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[35:45] | Yeah. | 好 |
[35:47] | Yeah, I still want you to move in. | 是的 我还是想让你搬进来 |
[35:49] | Under one condition. | 只有一个条件 |
[35:52] | Mom. Dad. | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[35:54] | – Huh, what? – I want you to meet someone. | -怎么了 -我想给你们介绍个人 |
[35:57] | – Hey. – This is Trevor. | -你们好 -这位是特雷弗 |
[36:00] | My fiance. | 我的未婚夫 |
[36:02] | W… So… | 什么 那 |
[36:03] | Uh… y-you’re not with her? | 你没跟她在一起 |
[36:09] | N… No. | 没有 |
[36:10] | Stevie’s just a friend. A good friend, but, um, | 斯蒂芬只是我的朋友 很好的朋友 但 |
[36:12] | Trevor’s the one I love. | 特雷弗才是我爱的人 |
[36:16] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[36:18] | Welcome to the family, honey. | 欢迎来到我们家 亲爱的 |
[36:21] | – I guess you really mean that. – Oh, yeah. | -我想你们是真心的 -是的 |
[36:23] | So the secretary gave us five days off | 所以国务卿给了我们五天假 |
[36:26] | so we could celebrate. | 让我们好好庆祝 |
[36:27] | In the middle of a campaign. | 当时正在竞选 |
[36:28] | I mean, that is very generous. | 我觉得她真的很大方 |
[36:29] | – Mr. Moran… – I wanted to go to London, | -莫兰先生 -我想去伦敦 |
[36:30] | and Trevor’s more of a Paris guy, | 但特雷弗更喜欢巴黎 |
[36:32] | so we booked two Airbnbs. | 所以我们订了两家民宿 |
[36:33] | We added a night in Provence. | 还在普罗旺斯住了一晚 |
[36:35] | We don’t even have a date for the wedding. | 我们连结婚的日期都还没订 |
[36:37] | Mr. Moran. | 莫兰先生 |
[36:37] | As riveting as your detours into your personal life have been, | 虽然你私人生活的小插曲很吸引人 |
[36:41] | it reluctantly falls upon me to announce | 我还是不得不宣布 |
[36:43] | that your testimony before this committee | 你在委员会面前的证词 |
[36:45] | is hereby concluded. You are dismissed. | 到此结束 你可以走了 |
[36:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:50] | Go. Now. | 走吧 马上 |
[36:52] | Please. | 拜托 |
[36:56] | Admiral. | 上将 |
[36:57] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[37:00] | You tipped The Chronicle that this administration | 你向《纪事报》泄露了 |
[37:02] | was considering the use of autonomous weaponry | 政府在考虑使用自主武器来消灭 |
[37:05] | to neutralize Laszlo Galassy. | 拉斯洛·加拉西的消息 |
[37:09] | That is true. | 是的 |
[37:10] | You’re aware that by leaking classified information, | 你知道泄漏机密信息是 |
[37:13] | you committed a federal crime. | 触犯联邦法律的 |
[37:16] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[37:17] | You should also be aware | 你应该也知道 |
[37:18] | that you just made this country that you served | 你用三十多年的荣誉和功勋 |
[37:20] | with honor and distinction for over three decades | 为国效忠 现在你却让祖国 |
[37:23] | – less safe. – No, ma’am. | -陷入了危险 -不 总统 |
[37:27] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[37:28] | You made us less safe. | 是您让我们陷入了危险 |
[37:31] | You failed us. | 您辜负了我们 |
[37:33] | You sent troops into harm’s way | 明明没必要出动军队 |
[37:36] | when you could have spared them. | 您却偏要让他们去送死 |
[37:38] | You violated a leader’s prime directive: | 您违反了领袖的”最高指导原则” |
[37:42] | to protect the men and women | 要保护那些 |
[37:44] | who put on the uniform. | 穿上军装的人 |
[37:46] | No, Ed. | 不 埃德 |
[37:48] | My prime directive | 我的”最高指导原则”是 |
[37:49] | is to protect all Americans. | 保护所有美国人 |
[37:52] | I’m going to take another step to do that right now. | 我正要进一步保护所有美国人 |
[37:58] | Sir, you’re in violation of | 先生 您违反了《美国法典》 |
[38:00] | 18 U.S.C. Section 798. | 第18编第798节 |
[38:01] | Please put your hands behind your back. | 请把双手放在背后 |
[38:09] | Thank you for your service, Admiral. | 感谢你的贡献 上将 |
[38:13] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[38:14] | Ma’am. | 总统 |
[38:16] | We just heard back from the Russians and the Chinese. | 我们刚刚收到俄罗斯和中国发来的消息 |
[38:24] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[38:25] | Today, the United States, China and Russia | 今天 美国 中国和俄罗斯就 |
[38:27] | have agreed to an immediate moratorium | 立即暂停自主武器的 |
[38:30] | on the battlefield deployment of autonomous weaponry. | 战场部署达成了一致 |
[38:33] | Artificial intelligence holds great promise for humanity | 人工智能在医疗和运输领域为人类 |
[38:37] | in medicine, transportation | 带来了巨大的希望 |
[38:39] | and a host of worthy human endeavors. | 人类在这方面付出的努力是非常值得的 |
[38:41] | But that promise evaporates | 但当人工智能沦为战争工具时 |
[38:43] | when A.I. becomes an instrument of war. | 这种希望就消失了 |
[38:47] | Autonomous weapons can’t feel. | 自主武器没有感觉 |
[38:49] | They can’t regret. | 不会后悔 |
[38:51] | But they can be programmed to kill, | 但人可以通过编程让它们去杀戮 |
[38:53] | and when they do,they can’t be called back | 而且它们开弓没有回头箭 |
[38:56] | because they’re built to override human intervention. | 因为它们就是为避免人工干预而设计的 |
[39:00] | They may even conclude our humanity | 它们甚至有可能因为系统故障 |
[39:02] | is the glitch in the system, | 让人类终结 |
[39:04] | the weakness that needs to be eradicated. | 这是我们需要完全修复的漏洞 |
[39:06] | Humankind has spent more time, energy and money | 人类在战争上所花费的时间 |
[39:10] | perfecting war than on any other human endeavor. | 精力和金钱比其他任何事情都要多 |
[39:14] | We have fought each other to the brink of starvation | 我们一直在互相争斗 |
[39:16] | and the edge of extinction, | 直到饥饿和灭绝的边缘 |
[39:18] | but the one aspect of warfare that safeguards our survival | 但在战争中保障人类生存的 |
[39:22] | is meaningful human control. | 是人类的积极控制 |
[39:26] | The reluctance to put troops in harm’s way | 在死伤无数后 |
[39:29] | and the compassion to sue for peace | 是否要不得已地让军队陷入危险境地 |
[39:31] | when enough blood has been spilt. | 是否要对敌人的求和抱以怜悯之心 |
[39:34] | These are considerations alien to robots. | 机器人是不会考虑这些的 |
[39:37] | Allowing machines to choose to kill us | 让机器来决定我们的生死 |
[39:39] | will eliminate these safeguards | 这样的战争将无法为我们提供保护 |
[39:42] | and will forever erode our freedom and security. | 我们也将永远失去自由与安全 |
[39:46] | That day must never come. | 这一天绝不能到来 |
[39:48] | We must not consign our fate | 我们绝不能把我们的命运 |
[39:51] | to algorithms. | 托付给算法 |
[39:52] | I look forward to productive talks with our partners | 我期待与全球的合作伙伴就 |
[39:55] | across the globe about how to safely harness A.I. | 如何安全控制人工智能进行卓有成效的谈话 |
[39:59] | Technology is not the enemy | 科技不是敌人 |
[40:02] | unless we allow it to substitute its judgment | 除非我们允许它用它的判断来 |
[40:06] | for our own. | 代替我们自己的判断 |
[40:07] | Congratulations on averting the robot apocalypse. | 恭喜你避免了机器人大灾难 |
[40:10] | So… tell us about the political one. | 那跟我们说说政治上的大灾难 |
[40:14] | Today’s festivities | 今天的盛宴包括 |
[40:15] | included Hanson’s committee trying to prove | 汉森的委员会想证明 |
[40:17] | that Blake Moran and Stephanie McCord | 布莱克·莫兰和斯蒂芬妮·麦考德 |
[40:19] | illegally coordinated with Shelton Anderson’s PAC. | 与谢尔顿·安德森的政治行动委员会非法勾结 |
[40:22] | – How? – By hitching a ride | -怎么非法勾结 -要求搭飞机去参加 |
[40:24] | to an anniversary party. | 周年庆派对 |
[40:26] | That’s better than implying that I whacked a state senator. | 总比暗示我胖揍了一名州参议员好 |
[40:28] | It’s death by a thousand cuts, Mike, | 反正都要千刀万剐 麦克 |
[40:30] | and Hanson just started sharpening his blade. | 而且汉森才刚开始磨刀呢 |
[40:32] | The press secretary, | 白宫新闻发言人 |
[40:34] | the president’s daughter, her husband… | 总统的女儿 丈夫 |
[40:35] | they all have yet to appear before the committee. | 都还没在委员会面前作证呢 |
[40:37] | How long can we keep the president out of the loop? | 我们还能瞒总统多久 |
[40:39] | Not much longer. | 没多久了 |
[40:40] | – She needs to know. – Well, then, she opens herself up | -我们得告诉她 -那她就要面对 |
[40:42] | to charges she was coordinating with her staff | 勾结手下破坏调查的 |
[40:44] | to subvert the investigation. It’s not good. | 各种指控了 这可不妙 |
[40:47] | No. | 没错 |
[40:51] | You know, I think I figured it out. | 你知道吗 我想明白了 |
[40:53] | You certainly did. | 你当然想明白了 |
[40:55] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:57] | Getting the Russians and the Chinese on board | 拉俄罗斯和中国一起 |
[40:59] | with an autonomous weapons ban. What do you mean? | 禁止自主武器 你说什么意思 |
[41:02] | My dream. | 我是说我的梦 |
[41:04] | The one where you can’t use your phone? | 手机用不了的梦吗 |
[41:05] | No, that’s every dream. | 不 每个梦里都有这段 |
[41:07] | The one with Peter Harriman. | 我是说梦到彼得·哈里曼的那个 |
[41:09] | I think it’s about | 我觉得是关于 |
[41:11] | being responsible for people in your care. | 对你保护的人民负责 |
[41:15] | – Accountability. – Yeah. | -问责制 -是的 |
[41:17] | Machines don’t have to answer to anyone. | 机器不用回应任何人 |
[41:23] | And they never have to look a grieving parent in the eye. | 它们从来不用看着死者父母悲伤的眼睛 |
[41:25] | You’re talking about a conscience. | 你在说良知 |
[41:27] | Mine’s weighing heavy on me. | 我的良知压得我喘不过气来 |
[41:29] | Well, you made the right call. | 你做了正确的决定 |
[41:31] | It’s the first time I sent… | 这是第一次 |
[41:34] | troops to their death. | 我派出的士兵牺牲 |
[41:36] | It won’t be the last. | 不会是最后一次 |
[41:43] | I still think about the missions I flew. | 我还会想起我的那些飞行任务 |
[41:47] | The souls lost on both sides. | 想着两边死去的人们 |
[41:49] | The human toll is something | 我觉得 伤亡人数会 |
[41:50] | that stays with you forever, I guess. | 一直萦绕在你心头 |
[41:53] | It’s the warrior’s burden. | 这就是战士的负担 |
[41:55] | But it also makes you cherish life. | 但这也会让你珍惜生命 |
[41:58] | Okay, I’m gonna make us some tea. | 好 我去泡点茶 |
[42:01] | We’re gonna get some sleep, | 然后我们睡一觉 |
[42:02] | wake up tomorrow and do it all again | 明天早上醒来再全部重来一次 |
[42:04] | and hope to do it just a little bit better. | 希望可以做得稍微好一点 |
[42:20] | Hi. | 你好 |
[42:24] | Hope. That’s your name. | 希望 你就叫这个名字 |
[42:27] | Hope. | 希望 |
[42:30] | Hi. | 你好 |
[42:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |