时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | … close to enemy fire, Major Jenkins proceeded | …顶着炮火 詹金斯少校背负着 |
[00:03] | to carry his severely wounded fellow Marine | 身负重伤的陆战队队员前进 |
[00:06] | all while calling in fire on the enemy. | 同时还呼叫对敌人的火力打击 |
[00:09] | He then climbed down the mountain | 他接着用了六个小时 |
[00:11] | for six hours until they reached | 爬下山去 直到抵达 |
[00:12] | an area where extraction could be attempted. | 可以尝试进行撤离行动的地方 |
[00:16] | His courage, unwavering leadership | 他的勇气 坚定的指挥能力 |
[00:20] | and creative initiative saved many lives that day. | 以及首创精神在那天拯救了很多人的生命 |
[00:23] | Major Jenkins has brought great credit | 詹金斯少校为自己赢得了极高的赞扬 |
[00:25] | upon himself and upheld the highest traditions | 并发扬了海军陆战队 |
[00:29] | of the Marines. | 最崇高的传统 |
[00:32] | Because of your heroic actions, | 十位陆战队员 |
[00:34] | ten marines are alive today, | 由于你的英雄壮举而得以生还 |
[00:36] | and two fallen American heroes came home. | 两位牺牲的美国英雄得以回到祖国 |
[00:40] | God bless you, Major Brad Jenkins. | 上帝保佑你 布莱德·詹金斯少校 |
[00:43] | God bless our marines and all those who serve. | 上帝保佑我们的陆战队员和所有为国效忠的军人 |
[00:47] | Semper fi. | 永远忠诚 |
[00:55] | The President of the United States, | 美国总统 |
[00:57] | in the name of Congress, | 以国会的名义 |
[00:58] | takes pleasure in presenting the Medal of Honor | 很高兴地为美国海军陆战队退役少校 |
[01:00] | to retired Major Brad Jenkins, United States Marine Corps, | 布莱德·詹金斯颁发荣誉勋章 |
[01:04] | for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity | 以表彰他在远远超出他的职责范围之时 |
[01:07] | at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. | 不惜生命所表现出的非凡的勇气和无谓精神 |
[01:30] | I hope I didn’t talk too long. | 希望我的讲话不算太长 |
[01:31] | I noticed some kids squirming up front. | 我看见有些小孩在前面已经坐不住了 |
[01:33] | Well, they must be mine. They’re hard to impress. | 一定是我的孩子们 他们对什么都不感兴趣 |
[01:39] | Your first Medal of Honor ceremony | 您的第一个荣誉勋章仪式 |
[01:41] | was every bit as exciting as I imagined. | 就如同我想象的那样精彩 |
[01:43] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:44] | It’s a lot of protocol, | 有很多的规定 |
[01:45] | and I didn’t want to miss anything. | 我不想遗漏掉任何一个 |
[01:46] | Oh, you didn’t. And the picnic and the games | 没有遗漏 为授勋者和他们家人举办的 |
[01:49] | for the honorees and their families will be less stressful. | 野餐会和游戏就不会那么有压力了 |
[01:51] | Well, that’s something fun to look forward to. | 那还挺值得期待的有意思的事 |
[01:53] | And, so happens, | 哦 对了 |
[01:55] | I have a very steady hand when it comes to an egg race. | 捧鸡蛋跑步比赛 我手都挺稳的 |
[01:58] | Mm. Well, I’ll have to be a cheerleader. | 我还是做啦啦队吧 |
[02:00] | I saw that. What happened? | 我看见了 什么情况啊 |
[02:01] | I got kicked during a Krav Maga sparring match. | 以色列格斗术的练习赛里我被踢了 |
[02:04] | I thought you stopped seeing the Israeli guy. | 我以为你不再和那个以色列的人交往了呢 |
[02:06] | Oh, he’s gone, but the Krav Maga stuck around. | 他是不在了 但以色列格斗术我没扔 |
[02:09] | And just as a reminder, I won’t be available this afternoon. | 提醒您一下 我今天下午不在 |
[02:12] | I have to go to something | 我有件事 |
[02:13] | I’m not allowed to discuss with you. | 还不允许我和您说 |
[02:17] | Well, good to know. | 很好 |
[02:18] | And good luck with the thing I know nothing about. | 对那件我一无所知的事 祝你好运 |
[02:24] | Dr. Henry McCord, just the man I’ve been looking for. | 亨利·麦考德博士 我正找您呢 |
[02:26] | Major Jenkins. | 詹金斯少校 |
[02:28] | May I say congratulations, and I would like to add oorah. | 恭喜您 我还想再用陆战队的方式欢呼一下 |
[02:31] | Yut! | 好战友 |
[02:32] | This is my chief of staff, | 这位是我的幕僚长 |
[02:34] | Captain Evan Moore. | 埃文·摩尔上尉 |
[02:35] | It is a privilege, Major. | 很荣幸 少校 |
[02:35] | Would’ve been a damn fine marine, | 本可以成为很牛的陆战队员 |
[02:37] | but Army won that battle. | 但被陆军给抢走了 |
[02:39] | – Afghanistan, Captain? – Three deploys to Iraq. | -阿富汗吗 上尉 -三次派遣去了伊拉克 |
[02:41] | 2nd Battalion 7th Cavalry. | 七团二营的 |
[02:43] | On the fourth tour, I, uh, met the IED that ended | 第四次派驻时 简易炸弹 |
[02:47] | that part of my career. | 结束了我的军旅生涯 |
[02:47] | Well, I hope the V.A. came through for you, | 希望退伍军人管理局的给你提供了支持 |
[02:49] | unlike some of the veterans I work with. | 而不像我共事过的一些退伍军人那样 |
[02:51] | Well, let me just say | 我可以这么说 |
[02:52] | it’s been a privilege getting to work with Dr. McCord on getting | 我很荣幸能与麦考德博士一起共同推进 |
[02:54] | the V.A. Mental Health Modernization Bill passed. | 退伍军人心理健康现代化法案通过 |
[02:56] | Ah, yes. | 对啊 |
[02:57] | Modernizing the V.A. | 对退伍军人管理局进行革新 |
[02:59] | I.T. infrastructure, expanding and improving | 信息技术基础设施 扩大并改进 |
[03:01] | programs to end homelessness. | 消除无家可归者的计划 |
[03:02] | – This bill’s way overdue. – Couldn’t agree more. | -这法案拖了太久了 -非常同意 |
[03:05] | I work with newly returned vets, and I can tell you, | 我与新返乡的老兵一起工作 告诉你 |
[03:06] | some of the red tape and computer glitches | 退伍军人管理局的某些官僚作风和 |
[03:08] | at the V.A. can be demoralizing. | 计算机故障非常影响士气的 |
[03:13] | I’m afraid I’ve, uh, cracked | 为了让他们充分理解这一点 |
[03:14] | some of the plaster at the administrative offices | 我恐怕把管理办公室的墙 |
[03:16] | trying to explain that to them. | 都敲裂了一些 |
[03:18] | It’s not the V.A.’s fault. | 这并不是退伍军人管理局的问题 |
[03:19] | They’re understaffed and underfunded. | 他们人手不足经费短缺 |
[03:22] | Congress needs to do their job. | 是议会应该做好他们的事 |
[03:25] | So, if there’s anything I can do… | 如果有什么我可以做的… |
[03:27] | Hell, I’ll even do public service announcements | 如果能对法案的通过有帮助的话 |
[03:29] | wearing my medal if it’ll help pass this bill. | 让我带着勋章去做公益广告我都愿意 |
[03:31] | I suppose I don’t have to tell you this, Major, | 我想不需要我告诉你 少校 |
[03:33] | but be careful what you volunteer for, and I have a witness. | 不要轻易许诺啊 我可有证人 |
[03:36] | Oh, with mean follow-through. | 而且是那种穷追猛打的人 |
[03:38] | – Try me. – How would you feel | -那就来吧 -你觉得 |
[03:40] | about addressing the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee | 今天下午去参议院退伍军人事务委员会 |
[03:42] | this afternoon? | 发个言怎么样 |
[03:43] | I was scheduled to speak, | 计划是我去发言 |
[03:44] | but I think you’re the guy they really need to hear from. | 但我觉得你的意见更应该让他们听听 |
[03:48] | Let me at ’em. | 那就让我上吧 |
[03:51] | I will, uh, notify the committee. | 我会去通知委员会 |
[04:02] | Have you been sitting here all day? | 你一整天都坐在这吗 |
[04:05] | Not doing your dishes? | 连碗都没洗 |
[04:08] | Oh, well, the day’s not over. | 今天不是还没结束的吗 |
[04:10] | I will wash them, Mom. | 我会洗的 老妈 |
[04:12] | If I were Mom, I’d wash them for you. | 如果我是老妈 我就替你洗了 |
[04:15] | You need to get out of this apartment. | 你得出去看看 |
[04:17] | Clear your mind. | 让脑子清醒清醒 |
[04:20] | Did you call Stevie? | 你给斯蒂芬打电话了吗 |
[04:23] | No. I’m a little preoccupied with becoming a U.S. Citizen. | 没有 我还在忙着获得美国国籍呢 |
[04:27] | You know, they don’t make this stuff easy. | 他们把这玩意弄得很复杂 |
[04:28] | Listen to this. | 听这个 |
[04:29] | “The Federalist Papers supported the passage | “《联邦论》支持了 |
[04:31] | “of the U.S. Constitution. | 美国宪法的颁布 |
[04:33] | – Name one of the authors.” – Wow. | – 说出其中一位作者的名字” -好家伙 |
[04:35] | After you learn that, are you going to call Stevie? | 你学会了这个之后 你会打给斯蒂芬吗 |
[04:41] | Look, I-I have three goals while I’m here: | 我在这有三个目标 |
[04:43] | to become a U.S. Citizen, | 成为美国公民 |
[04:44] | to get a job, and to-to spend some time with my sister. | 找个工作 还有陪陪我姐姐 |
[04:49] | You forgot suffer, | 你忘了受苦了 |
[04:50] | because deep down, you want to call Stevie, | 因为你内心深处是想给斯蒂芬打电话的 |
[04:52] | but you don’t. | 但你不去打 |
[04:53] | It’s just so… Russian. | 这是典型的… 俄罗斯人 |
[04:56] | I’m-I’m not so sure she wants to hear from me. | 我不确定她想接到我的电话 |
[04:59] | If only there was a way to find out. | 只有一个办法能确定啊 |
[05:00] | Ah, but then you’d have to give up | 可那样的话 你就要放弃 |
[05:02] | this tortured state and… | 这种纠结受罪的状态并… |
[05:05] | really find out how she feels. | 真的去弄清楚她是怎么想的 |
[05:12] | Well, you’re right about one thing. | 至少有一件事你是对的 |
[05:14] | Should have done my dishes. | 我该去洗碗了 |
[05:19] | Ms. Grant, did you ever travel to Iran | 格兰特女士 你曾以当时的国务卿 |
[05:21] | as press secretary | 伊丽莎白·麦考德的 |
[05:22] | to then Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord? | 新闻发言人的身份访问过伊朗吗 |
[05:25] | No. | 没有 |
[05:26] | But I did meet the Iranian delegation | 但当伊朗代表团来出席合约签字仪式时 |
[05:28] | when they came here for the signing of the treaty. | 我的确见过他们 |
[05:30] | Can you tell me if you got to know any Iranian nationals | 请你告诉我在他们逗留期间 你结识了 |
[05:32] | – during their time here? – Yes. | -任何伊朗人吗 -是的 |
[05:34] | Because of my work, I dealt mostly | 因为我工作的关系 我主要是 |
[05:36] | with the Iranian reporters who were here for the signing, | 与前来报道签约的伊朗媒体打交道 |
[05:38] | but I haven’t really kept in touch with any of them. | 但我并没有和他们保持任何联系 |
[05:41] | Surely some of them reached out to you | 他们中的某些人一定在回国之后 |
[05:42] | after they returned to Iran? | 联系过你吧 |
[05:44] | Just a few “Nice to meet you” e-mails. | 就是几封”很高兴认识你”之类的邮件 |
[05:47] | Ms. Grant, why don’t you tell us about the night | 格兰特女士 你和我们讲讲 |
[05:50] | you were arrested for assaulting a man in a bar. | 你在酒吧因为袭击一个人而被捕的那个晚上吧 |
[05:56] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:59] | The campaign had just finished | 竞选活动刚刚结束了 |
[06:00] | an exhausting bus tour through New England. | 大巴穿越新英格兰的很疲惫的活动 |
[06:02] | Oh, I got one. I got one. | 我这有一个 |
[06:04] | “Secretary McCord, looking pale and drawn, | “今天下午麦考德国务卿苍白而憔悴地 |
[06:08] | took to the stage this afternoon.” | 上了台” |
[06:09] | Yeah, translation: the woman candidate | 翻译出来就是 女性候选人 |
[06:11] | walked off her bus after a nap | 睡了一觉后从大巴上走了下来 |
[06:13] | – and didn’t refresh her makeup. Please. – Mm-hmm. | -都没有补补妆 过了 -嗯 |
[06:15] | Or how about the question TV news anchors love to ask: | 那个电视新闻正常人最喜欢问的问题怎么样 |
[06:19] | – Is she tough enough? – Is she tough enough? | -她够强硬吗 -她够强硬吗 |
[06:20] | I don’t… This is what I don’t understand. | 我不… 这就是我搞不懂的地方 |
[06:21] | She’s a former CIA operative | 她是前中情局特工 |
[06:23] | who survived a bombing and an attempted coup in Iran. | 从一起爆炸和伊朗的未遂政变中幸免于难 |
[06:27] | Meanwhile, most members of Congress | 而另一方面 国会的大多数议员 |
[06:28] | can’t even mow their lawn. | 连给自己家的草坪除草都不行 |
[06:31] | Why don’t they just come out with it and say, | 他们干嘛不直接说 |
[06:32] | “Why can’t we go back to the good old days when women | “我们何不回到过去的好时光中 那时候 |
[06:34] | “and cattle could be used as currency | “女人和牛可以用来作为货币使用 |
[06:35] | and then burned as witches when they got too saucy?” | 而如果她们太活跃 就把她们当女巫烧死” |
[06:39] | Not the cattle, unless it’s barbecue sauce. | 牛不用烧死 除非是做烧烤 |
[06:44] | Oh, that’s too dark for you tadpoles? Okay, I’m out. | 对你们这些雏儿来说是不是太黑暗了 我撤了 |
[06:47] | – See you tomorrow. Early. – Good night. | -明天一大早见 -晚安 |
[06:48] | – Bye. – Yeah, yeah. | -再见 -嗯 |
[06:49] | Nina was working at the State Department | 妮娜在国务院工作 |
[06:50] | and wasn’t a part of the campaign. | 但并不是竞选活动的一员 |
[06:52] | Oh, she’s here. | 哦 她在啊 |
[06:53] | But since we were in town, | 但既然我们在这里 |
[06:54] | we invited her to join us out for a drink. | 所以我们邀请她一起出来喝一杯 |
[06:57] | How about the-the reporter the other day | 那天还有个记者 |
[06:58] | who was talking about the “tidiness” | 大谈竞选车的 |
[07:00] | of the, uh, campaign bus. | “整洁度” |
[07:01] | Where you going, sweetheart? | 宝贝 你往哪走 |
[07:02] | Who you here to see? | 来找谁啊 |
[07:03] | – Me? Let me buy you a drink. – Sorry? Oh. | -是我吗 请你喝一杯好吗 -抱歉 |
[07:04] | No, I’m not here to see you. I see my friends, actually. | 我不认识你 我看到我朋友了 |
[07:05] | Hey, wait a second. Those glasses… | 等等 你这眼镜 |
[07:07] | Cleanliness of a male candidate’s campaign bus? | 男性候选人的竞选车的整洁度 |
[07:09] | And it really wasn’t even that tidy. | 根本都算不上整洁 |
[07:11] | We all remember the smell. | 我们都记得那味道 |
[07:12] | Nina. | 妮娜 |
[07:13] | Those glasses really bring out the color of your eyes. | 这眼镜衬得你的眼睛的颜色真好看 |
[07:14] | Glad you could make it. | 你有空能来真是太好了 |
[07:16] | – Oh, no, no. Hey, hey. – Ready for a drink? | -不是吧 喂喂 -来一杯吗 |
[07:18] | – It’s okay. I got it. – Uh, maybe later. | -没事 我懂的 -一会再聊吧 |
[07:20] | – She’s here to meet us. – Yeah. | -她是跟我们一起的 -对 |
[07:21] | Oh, I get it. | 我懂了 |
[07:24] | Hey, I’m cool with that, if I can watch. | 我不介意 你们让我在旁边看着就行 |
[07:26] | – Okay. Bye. – Oh, no, no, no. Sorry. | -行吧 再见 -不不不不 抱歉 |
[07:28] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[07:29] | Hey, you’re both… I mean, you’re both really hot. | 你们俩 你们俩都很性感 |
[07:30] | – Bye. Ew. – Oh, come on! | -拜拜 真恶心 -得了吧 |
[07:31] | Stop being bitches about it. | 装什么装 |
[07:33] | – Oh, my God. – Hey. | -天哪 -喂 |
[07:34] | I’m talking to you! | 我跟你说话呢 |
[07:39] | You see that? Geez. | 你看见了吗 天哪 |
[07:43] | Help! | 救命 |
[07:44] | – See if he’s all right. – Someone call 911! | -去看看 他没事吧 -快报警 |
[07:46] | – It’s all right, we got him. – Someone call the police! | -没事 我们会处理的 -快报警 |
[07:48] | It was a reflex. | 我这是条件反射 |
[07:50] | I had been studying Krav Maga, and they train you | 我一直在学以色列格斗术 训练的时候要求 |
[07:52] | to react to being grabbed from behind, | 如果从身后被抓 要迅速反击 |
[07:55] | which I was. | 当时就是这样的情况 |
[07:56] | Of course, the police and an ambulance came. | 警察和救护车都来了 |
[07:59] | The paramedics refused to take the guy, | 医护人员认为不需要去医院 |
[08:01] | but the police brought me in for questioning | 但警察还是让我去了警局 |
[08:03] | because there was a lot of blood. | 因为当时他流了很多血 |
[08:05] | And screaming. | 还大喊大叫的 |
[08:08] | I think we’re done for this session. | 今天的问讯到此结束 |
[08:10] | Resume tomorrow, same time. | 明天同一时间继续 |
[08:13] | Is it, uh, too much to wear the medal? | 戴着徽章会不会有点过了 |
[08:15] | No, no. | 不会不会 |
[08:16] | Not many of these guys have seen combat, | 这些人里面没几个上过战场 |
[08:18] | so it might help to get their full attention. | 所以你可以引起他们的兴趣 |
[08:23] | Lorraine. | 洛兰 |
[08:24] | Dr. Henry McCord and Major Brad Jenkins here | 亨利·麦考德博士和布莱德·詹金斯少校 |
[08:26] | to give their testimony before the committee. | 是到委员会来作证的 |
[08:28] | Oh. Dr. McCord, I called your office, | 麦考德博士 我打过您办公室的电话 |
[08:30] | but you had already left. I’m so sorry. | 但您当时已经出发了 抱歉 |
[08:32] | The committee adjourned for the day. | 今天的委员会今天休会了 |
[08:34] | What? Nobody called my cell. | 什么 没有人打我的手机 |
[08:35] | Typical. | 就一点都不意外 |
[08:36] | We confirmed with Senator Peoples’ office | 我们不到一个小时之前 |
[08:39] | less than an hour ago. | 才和皮普尔斯参议员办公室确认过 |
[08:40] | – I’m just so sorry. – Okay. | -真的很抱歉 -行吧 |
[08:42] | Thank you. Uh, Brad, I will get to the bottom of this. | 谢了 布莱德 这件事情我会调查清楚的 |
[08:44] | This is dirty politics, Henry. | 这就是肮脏的政治戏码 亨利 |
[08:46] | It could well be. | 确实有可能 |
[08:47] | This is how vets are treated every day in this country. | 这个国家就是这样对待退役军人的 |
[08:49] | All this “thank you for your service” crap. | 什么”感谢您对国家的贡献”都是屁话 |
[08:53] | I’d trade every superficial platitude | 我愿意用所有这些肤浅的陈词滥调 |
[08:55] | for just one minute of evidence | 来交换一分钟的机会 |
[08:57] | that somebody somewhere cares. | 向那些真正在意的人展示证据 |
[08:59] | But you know what? They don’t. | 但事实呢 根本没有人在意 |
[09:01] | You guys are vets. | 你们两个都是退伍军人 |
[09:02] | You know it’s the truth. | 你们知道事实就是如此 |
[09:04] | I understand how you feel. | 我能理解你的感受 |
[09:04] | I’m sick of that one, too. | 这句话我也听够了 |
[09:07] | Call me when somebody around here | 等你们在这找到真正愿意有所行动的人 |
[09:08] | gets serious about doing something. | 再来联系我 |
[09:14] | Sir, Dr. Henry McCord would like a word. | 参议员 麦考德博士想跟您聊聊 |
[09:16] | Dr. McCord. | 麦考德博士 |
[09:18] | Thank you, Alma. | 谢谢 阿尔玛 |
[09:19] | Senator, you owe me an explanation. | 参议员 你欠我一个解释 |
[09:21] | I requested to bring a war hero before your committee. | 我要求请一位战争英雄到你的委员会上作证 |
[09:24] | What the hell happened? | 结果呢 |
[09:26] | Look, I’m sorry. I really am. | 抱歉 真的很抱歉 |
[09:29] | – I called your office… – No, I don’t want to hear | -我联系过你的办公室 -我不想听 |
[09:30] | about scheduling conflicts. | 什么会议冲突的借口 |
[09:34] | Just tell me the truth. | 告诉我实话 |
[09:37] | You’re right. You’re entitled to that. | 你说得对 你有权知道真相 |
[09:40] | I was advised to cancel Major Jenkins’ appearance | 是白宫里有人建议 |
[09:42] | by someone at the White House. | 取消詹金斯少校的作证 |
[09:44] | The White House? | 白宫 |
[09:46] | Who? | 谁 |
[09:48] | Vice President Morejon. | 副总统莫雷洪 |
[10:04] | Go, go, go. | 开始 加油加油 |
[10:13] | – Molly, where’d you come from? – Back there. | -茉莉 你是从哪里冒出来的 -后面 |
[10:16] | Go, Molly! | 茉莉 加油 |
[10:16] | – I am really good at this, you know that? – Me, too. | -我玩这个可厉害了 你知道吗 -我也很厉害的 |
[10:19] | Wait, whoa, whoa! Molly! | 等等 等等 茉莉 |
[10:23] | I thought I was gonna win. You smoked me. | 我以为我要赢了 你把我超过了 |
[10:26] | Second place is pretty good. | 第二也挺不错的啊 |
[10:27] | Thank you, Molly. | 谢谢你 茉莉 |
[10:28] | That was cute. | 真可爱 |
[10:31] | – What do you really mean? – Pointless. | -你真正的意思是什么 -无用功 |
[10:32] | You have a veteran’s bill to pass, | 退伍军人法案还没通过 |
[10:34] | this lawn is literally crawling with decorated heroes | 这片草坪上 放眼望去都是挂满勋章的战争英雄 |
[10:37] | and their kids, and the press is nowhere to be found. | 和他们的子女 根们没见到有媒体 |
[10:39] | This is not about the press, Mike. | 这不是为了作秀 迈克 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry, I can’t… I can’t hear you, | 抱歉 我听不见 我听不见你在说什么 |
[10:42] | like I can’t hear a tree falling in the woods | 就像我听不到树林里有一个树倒下 |
[10:43] | because there’s no photographer or anyone. | 因为没有任何人 任何摄影师记录下这一时刻 |
[10:46] | So no one’s gonna be able to help the tree | 所以没有人能帮助这棵树 |
[10:48] | when the Veterans’ Affairs Committee… | 就在退伍军事事务委员会 |
[10:51] | – Just… you know I’m right. Just… – Oh! | -你知道我是对的 -对了 |
[10:53] | – Popcorn. – Don’t… | -爆米花 -别 |
[10:55] | – Have a good time, Mike. – Don’t bring popcorn. | -玩的开心 迈克 -别买爆米花 |
[10:57] | Could you just hold that? Thanks. | 能不能帮我拿一下 谢谢 |
[10:59] | Look! Look at this! It’s for nothing. | 看 看看看 没用 |
[11:01] | It’s all for nothing! | 都是无用功 |
[11:02] | Right? No one… no one saw. | 你明白吗 没人看到 |
[11:04] | No one saw. | 没人知道 |
[11:05] | Hey, Russell. | 你好 拉塞尔 |
[11:06] | I’m having a hot dog. | 我正打算吃热狗 |
[11:08] | I don’t care if it kills me. | 我不关心它是不是致命 |
[11:10] | Hear what happened at the Veterans’ Affairs Committee meeting? | 听说退伍军人事务委员会上发生的事了吗 |
[11:13] | Just that Brad Jenkins was gonna take your speaking slot, | 你是说 原本安排布莱德·詹金斯少校 |
[11:16] | address the committee. | 在你的发言时间向委员会作证那事吗 |
[11:17] | Senator Peoples cancelled it. | 皮普尔斯参议员将此事取消了 |
[11:20] | I confronted him and he told me | 我当面与他对质 他说 |
[11:21] | that the vice president told him | 我们的副总统让他 |
[11:23] | not to let Major Jenkins speak. | 取消詹金斯少校的发言 |
[11:27] | Thanks. Look, I know that | 谢谢 我知道 |
[11:29] | Elizabeth and Carlos have an agreement. | 伊丽莎白和卡洛斯达成了约定 |
[11:31] | He doesn’t have to fall in line with every policy she supports. | 他不必在所有她所支持的问题上保持相同立场 |
[11:34] | But he’s not supposed to publicly oppose her, either. | 但他也不该公开反对她 |
[11:36] | Well, I got to tell you, Henry, | 亨利 严格来讲 |
[11:37] | technically, Carlos did this behind the scenes, not publicly. | 卡洛斯这是在背后动的手脚 他并没有公开 |
[11:41] | You’re honestly gonna tell me | 你想说的是 |
[11:42] | that this in the spirit of the arrangement? | 这一切并没有违背他俩达成的约定吗 |
[11:44] | I don’t know what the hell this arrangement is. | 我根本不知道你在说是什么约定 |
[11:46] | It’s never been done before, | 以前没有做过这样的约定 |
[11:48] | so it’s still being… arranged. | 所以 还在安排中 |
[11:51] | I’m gonna talk to the vice president. | 我会去找副总统聊一聊 |
[11:53] | Major Jenkins should be heard. | 詹金斯少校的声音不该被埋没 |
[11:55] | And it will help the bill. | 这对法案的通过也有帮助 |
[11:56] | Much like eating this hot dog, I think that’s a bad idea. | 就像吃热狗一样 我觉得这不是个好主意 |
[12:00] | Talking to the vice president risks angering him enough | 直接对质副总统 可能会惹恼他 |
[12:03] | to go public with his views on the bill. | 导致他公开表明他对这一法案的看法 |
[12:05] | Then add to that this ridiculous | 然后还得加上这个荒唐的 |
[12:08] | Senate Intelligence investigation. | 参议院情报调查 |
[12:10] | The next thing you know, everyone will be saying | 随之而来的就是 所有人都会说 |
[12:11] | we’re a White House in chaos. | 这一届政府混乱无序 |
[12:16] | Now I don’t even want this hot dog. | 我现在根本不想吃这热狗了 |
[12:21] | Hey, hey, hey, check it out. Look, look, look. | 快看快看快看 看这个 |
[12:23] | – Check it out. If we get this one – Whoa. | -快看 如果买这个 -哇 |
[12:24] | we can make a main dish on the one burner | 我们可以在这个炉子上做主菜 |
[12:26] | and still be able to heat up a side on the other one, huh? | 同时在另一边做配菜 |
[12:28] | Main dish? Side dish? | 主菜 配菜 |
[12:30] | Are you the same man | 你之前不是还想买 |
[12:30] | who wanted to buy the Avenging Angel Survival Kit? | 复仇天使求生背包吗 |
[12:33] | All right, look, I’m… I’m a very complicated, | 好吧 我是个复杂 |
[12:36] | yet simple camper, see? | 但又很简单的露营者 好吧 |
[12:37] | You sound like you are a camper who doesn’t camp. | 你说得像是个从来没去露营过的露营者 |
[12:40] | OMG. You’re Stevie McCord. | 我的天 你是斯蒂芬·麦考德 |
[12:42] | I love your mom. My whole family does. | 我超爱你妈妈 我全家都是她的支持者 |
[12:45] | I do, too. | 我也爱她 |
[12:46] | Can I take a selfie with you? | 我能和你合个影吗 |
[12:47] | My parents will literally die. | 我爸妈肯定要激动死了 |
[12:49] | They both campaigned for her. | 他们都为她拉过票 |
[12:50] | Of course. Let’s do it. | 当然可以 来吧 |
[12:55] | Tell your mom hi for me. | 代我向你妈妈问好 |
[12:56] | Do you mind if I post this? | 我可以把这照片发出去吗 |
[12:58] | Oh, no. Not at all. Go for it, yeah. | 当然可以 发吧 |
[12:59] | – Bye. – Thanks for asking. Bye. | -再见 -谢谢你征求我的同意 |
[13:02] | Hey, got to have it, right? | 这是必备的 对吗 |
[13:04] | Yes. What is it? | 对 这是什么 |
[13:06] | Though Senator Peoples and I share | 尽管我和皮普尔斯参议员 |
[13:08] | the same party affiliation, | 是同样的党籍 |
[13:09] | I would never interfere with how he runs his committee. | 我绝不会干涉他如何运营他的委员会 |
[13:13] | I mean, I did share with him my feeling that | 我确实跟他说过我感觉 |
[13:15] | we should delay the markup and consideration of the bill | 我们应该推迟议案的审订和法案的考虑 |
[13:17] | until the merits of vets choosing | 直到退伍军人在退伍军人管理系统外 |
[13:19] | their own health care specialist | 选择他们自己的专科医生的 |
[13:20] | outside the V.A. system is fully explained. | 好处完全体现出来再说 |
[13:23] | Brad Jenkins is in the trenches every day | 布莱德·詹金斯每天在前线 |
[13:26] | dealing with service members who… | 都应对着军方人员… |
[13:27] | Henry, I’m sorry. | 亨利 抱歉 |
[13:28] | I think what we need here is rational debate, | 我觉得我们需要的是理性地讨论 |
[13:30] | not grandstanding with a Medal of Honor recipient. | 而不是去讨好一个荣誉勋章获得者 |
[13:33] | Come on. This is a guy, who, | 不是 这是一个不仅有着 |
[13:35] | in addition to his real-world knowledge, | 对现实世界的真正了解 |
[13:37] | uh, is well-versed in public policy. | 并且对公共政策也十分精通的人 |
[13:40] | And I mean no disrespect to the major. | 我对少校无意冒犯 |
[13:42] | I’m-I’m just saying, I believe | 我只是想说 我相信 |
[13:44] | that those that have sacrificed for our freedom | 那些为了我们的自由而牺牲的人 |
[13:48] | deserve to have the freedom themselves | 应该能享受可以选择 |
[13:50] | to choose how and where they get their care. | 如何和在哪去获得帮助的自由 |
[13:52] | Privatization is cheaper, right? | 私有化更便宜 对吗 |
[13:54] | Is that what this is about? | 是因为这个吗 |
[13:55] | It’s part of every bill, as it should be. | 任何法案都是有这种考虑的 |
[13:58] | Look, the president’s ESI bill did not turn out | 总统的《教科基建法案》并没有像 |
[14:00] | to be revenue neutral as promised. | 当初保证的那样收支平衡 |
[14:02] | We cannot have that again. | 我们不能再这样了 |
[14:04] | I mean no disrespect to the major or to you. | 我对少校或你都无意冒犯 |
[14:06] | I have my reservations about the bill. | 我对法案持保留意见 |
[14:08] | Elizabeth knows about it. | 伊丽莎白知道的 |
[14:10] | Elizabeth didn’t bring an expert to a committee | 伊丽莎白向委员会引进一个专家 |
[14:12] | only to have the door shut in her face. | 不是为了吃闭门羹的 |
[14:14] | I’m sorry it felt that way. | 抱歉让你有这种感觉 |
[14:17] | It was not intended. | 我不是故意这样的 |
[14:20] | Okay, now, bear spray… that seems like a no-brainer, right? | 好吧 防熊喷雾应该是必备 对吗 |
[14:23] | Unless you prefer the bear bell. | 除非你更想要防熊铃铛 |
[14:25] | Oh, yeah. | 是哦 |
[14:26] | And… if you hate birds, | 并且 如果你讨厌鸟 |
[14:30] | there is bird repellent. | 还有驱鸟剂 |
[14:31] | What? | 什么 |
[14:34] | There’s also not camping. | 或者就不要去露营 |
[14:36] | Just another option. | 也是一个选择 |
[14:37] | Uh, no, not an option. | 不 不是一个选择 |
[14:38] | We are committed to this. | 我们说好了要去的 |
[14:40] | – I’m just saying. – Geez. | -我只是说 -天哪 |
[14:41] | You know, why go camping if you hate birds? | 既然你讨厌鸟 为什么还要去露营 |
[14:44] | Okay, let’s just get into | 好吧 我们还是进入 |
[14:45] | the, uh, camping mind frame. | 露营思维模式吧 |
[14:47] | – All right, let’s pick… – Stevie? | -好吧 我们选个… -斯蒂芬 |
[14:50] | I-I am Talia, Dmitri’s sister? | 我是塔莉娅 迪米特里的姐姐 |
[14:53] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[14:55] | Sorry. One second. | 抱歉 失陪一下 |
[14:57] | I can’t believe we have never met. | 没想到我们从未见过 |
[15:00] | – Me too. – I’ve seen pictures of you. | -我也是 -我见过你的照片 |
[15:02] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[15:03] | Uh, how funny to run into you. | 能遇到你很神奇 |
[15:05] | – Yeah. – I just came in to get a flashlight. | -是啊 -我只是来买个手电筒 |
[15:07] | Oh, well, they have a mind-boggling variety. | 他们有难以想象的超多种类 |
[15:09] | Um… how’s Dmitri? | 迪米特里怎么样 |
[15:12] | He’s fine. | 他还不错 |
[15:14] | Good. Listen, | 挺好的 这样 |
[15:15] | um, I can’t believe how lucky this is. | 我无法相信这有多幸运 |
[15:18] | Uh, I’ve been invited to attend a roundtable | 我受邀参加了一个医院管理人员和 |
[15:22] | of hospital executives and health care workers | 医疗服务人员的圆桌会议 |
[15:24] | to discuss health services for poor communities. | 来讨论对贫困群体的医疗服务 |
[15:28] | I know you work for a human rights group. | 我知道你在一个人权组织工作 |
[15:31] | I bet you have some insights. | 我猜你会有些内幕消息 |
[15:32] | Yeah, actually, we are working on a program right now | 是 其实我们正在做一个 |
[15:35] | that is geared toward mothers without insurance. | 针对没有保险的妈妈们的项目 |
[15:38] | Oh. My God. | 天哪 |
[15:39] | That’s exactly the kind of thing we’re trying to improve. | 那正是我们想要帮助的人群 |
[15:43] | I hate to be pushy, but the roundtable is tomorrow. | 我不想强求 不过圆桌讨论就在明天 |
[15:46] | Any chance we can have a drink or coffee this evening? | 今晚我们有没有可能喝杯酒或者咖啡 |
[15:50] | Uh, just a half an hour or so would be incredible. | 只要大概半小时就太棒了 |
[15:53] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, I can do that. | 好 好的 没问题 |
[15:55] | Um, here. Just, if you give me | 来 要是你能给我 |
[15:59] | your number, I’ll text you later. | 你的电话 我晚点会给你发信息 |
[16:06] | Resuming the testimony | 继续听取 |
[16:07] | of Daisy Grant. | 黛西·格兰特的证词 |
[16:09] | Can you tell us, Ms. Grant, why no charges | 格兰特女士 你能告诉我们 |
[16:11] | were filed against you even though you were taken | 为什么即使你被抓进警察局 |
[16:12] | to the police station for that purpose? | 也没有被控告任何罪名吗 |
[16:15] | Because I was cleared of wrongdoing, | 因为我被澄清了没有犯错 |
[16:16] | which the police determined after they were given a video | 是警察在收到由一位酒吧常客 |
[16:19] | taken by a patron at the bar. | 拍摄的视频之后确定的 |
[16:21] | I have the police report here, and it states | 我这里有警方报告 上面标明 |
[16:23] | that you informed the police | 你告诉警察 |
[16:24] | that you worked for Secretary McCord. | 你是为麦考德国务卿工作的 |
[16:25] | So really that’s… that’s why the police let you go. | 所以实际上 这才是警察放你走的原因 |
[16:29] | The term for it is “Color of office.” | 这就是所谓的”利用职权” |
[16:33] | You abused your position. | 你滥用了你的职位 |
[16:35] | Okay, that… that is not what happened. | 好吧 那…那不是事实 |
[16:37] | And what is your occupation? | 你的职业是什么 |
[16:40] | I’m a press secretary. | 我是新闻秘书 |
[16:42] | What is the address of your place of employment? | 你工作的地址是什么 |
[16:45] | No, it’s actually a bus. | 其实是一辆大巴车 |
[16:46] | I’m mostly on the road. | 我大部分时间在路上 |
[16:48] | Who is your employer, Ms. Grant? | 你的雇主是谁 格兰特女士 |
[16:49] | Is this necessary information? | 这是必要的信息吗 |
[16:51] | I mean, my employer wasn’t involved. | 这事并没有牵扯到我的雇主 |
[16:52] | Why do you need to know? | 你为什么需要知道这个 |
[16:53] | You just assaulted | 你刚刚在酒吧袭击 |
[16:55] | and inflicted injury on a man in a bar. | 并且故意伤害一名男士 |
[16:57] | It might be in your best interest to cooperate | 或许跟警方合作 |
[16:59] | with the police, ma’am. | 才是明智的做法 女士 |
[17:04] | I’m the press secretary for Elizabeth McCord | 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德以及 |
[17:07] | and her presidential campaign. | 她的总统竞选阵营的新闻秘书 |
[17:08] | But I still don’t see what this has to do with anything. | 但是我还是不太明白这有任何干系 |
[17:10] | I got to fill out these forms, Ms. Grant. | 我得填这些表格 格兰特女士 |
[17:15] | Senator, no color of office existed. | 参议员 没有利用职权的行为 |
[17:19] | Elizabeth McCord was no longer secretary of state | 伊丽莎白·麦考德当时不再是国务卿 |
[17:22] | and had not been elected president. | 也还没有被选上总统 |
[17:23] | And Ms. Grant was no longer | 而格兰特女士也不再是 |
[17:25] | a federal employee. | 一位政府职员 |
[17:35] | I think we will end this session here. | 这段听证会到此为止 |
[17:38] | Thank you both. You are excused. | 感谢你们二位 你可以离开了 |
[18:05] | Wha… | 什… |
[18:14] | It… It’s fine. He’s, um, a friend. | 没事 他是 一个朋友 |
[18:22] | Hi. I… | 你好 我… |
[18:23] | I can’t believe that you’re here. | 我不敢相信你在这儿 |
[18:26] | Um, Talia didn’t tell me | 塔莉娅没告诉我 |
[18:27] | – that you were… – That she was setting us up? | -你在… -她有意安排的是吗 |
[18:29] | – Yeah. – Uh, yeah, she told me to meet her here | -对 -对 她叫我来这见她 |
[18:31] | so that I could, uh, approve a new guy she’s dating. | 好见见她新认识的男友 |
[18:34] | Mm. She knew how to get you here. | 她知道如何能让你来 |
[18:37] | Uh, my sister watches too many romcoms. | 我姐姐看了太多爱情电视剧了 |
[18:42] | Sit, please. Sit down. Sit. | 请坐 坐下 坐 |
[18:48] | How long have you been back? | 你回来多久了 |
[18:51] | Uh… A couple of weeks. | 有几周了 |
[18:52] | Um, because of the treaty, it’s now safe for me. | 因为协议的原因 现在我安全了 |
[18:56] | But I’m not really here for good. | 不过我不会一直留在这 |
[18:58] | I’m just, uh, I’m studying to become a citizen. | 我只是 我在学习如何成为一名公民 |
[19:01] | Um, I’m staying with my sister. | 我跟姐姐住在一起 |
[19:03] | And I may kill her after this, | 我回去可能会杀了她 |
[19:04] | so that… that might interfere with the process. | 那可能会影响入籍进程 |
[19:08] | So, she was coming | 所以 她去 |
[19:10] | to the camping store to find… me? | 那个户外店就是为了…找我吗 |
[19:15] | I’m sorry. Uh… | 抱歉 |
[19:17] | She probably stalked you on social media. | 她可能在社交媒体上跟踪你来着 |
[19:19] | Uh… A good spy. | 厉害的间谍 |
[19:23] | Runs in the family. | 深根于家族基因中 |
[19:24] | So… was I gonna hear from you? | 那 我会收到你的消息吗 |
[19:30] | I-I wasn’t sure. | 我不太确定 |
[19:33] | Uh… I-I knew you were seeing someone. | 我知道你有约会对象了 |
[19:36] | I might occasionally look at your Instagram. | 我可能会偶尔看看你的照片墙 |
[19:38] | Right. | 对 |
[19:40] | Yeah. I mean, that’s-that’s… allowed. | 是 我是说 那是…公开的 |
[19:45] | What about you? Are you… | 那你呢 你有在… |
[19:48] | seeing anyone? | 跟谁约会吗 |
[19:49] | Are you kidding? | 你在说笑吧 |
[19:50] | You wouldn’t believe the big social scene | 你不会相信在阿拉斯加的 |
[19:52] | at the-at the listening station in Alaska. | 监听站的大型社交圈 |
[19:54] | Mm-hmm. Yeah, yeah, uh, sometimes the parties… | 对 有时候派对会… |
[19:56] | They lasted all night, which gets crazy in the winter, | 会开一整晚 在冬天会更疯狂 |
[19:59] | because night lasts all day. | 因为一整天都是夜晚 |
[20:03] | – So… no? – No. | -所以 没有吗 -没有 |
[20:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:08] | You-You’ve been seeing this guy a long time? | 你和这个人约会很久了吗 |
[20:13] | No, not very long. Um… | 不 没有太久 |
[20:16] | Yeah, we’re going… | 对 我们这周末 |
[20:18] | camping this weekend at Shenandoah National Park. | 要去仙纳度国家公园露营 |
[20:22] | So if we survive that, I guess it’s… | 所以如果我们能过这一关 我想就 |
[20:26] | it’s officially a relationship. | 所以算是正式交往了 |
[20:29] | Sounds like fun. | 应该会很有意思 |
[20:30] | But if you see a bear, | 但是如果你看到熊 |
[20:32] | just don’t look him in the eye. | 千万不要看它的眼睛 |
[20:34] | Or do. I can’t remember. | 还是要看 我不记得了 |
[20:37] | Uh, well, we have a bear bell. | 我们有个熊铃 |
[20:38] | A bear… horn? Bell… | 熊号 铃 |
[20:40] | – Yeah. – No, I’m not sure. | -是的 -不 我不太确定 |
[20:41] | – Just don’t see a bear. That… – Yeah, that’s… | -总之不要碰到熊 -对 这样 |
[20:43] | Might be better. | 比较好 |
[20:44] | It’s great advice. Great advice. | 挺好的建议 挺好 |
[20:48] | Were you on with Brad Jenkins that whole time? | 你一直和布莱德·詹金斯在一起吗 |
[20:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:52] | To say he’s really passionate | 说他对退伍法案很有热情 |
[20:53] | about the V.A. Bill is an understatement. | 都可以说是轻描淡写的说法了 |
[20:56] | Well, now you’re here, I need you. | 既然你在这儿 我需要你帮个忙 |
[20:59] | I like the sound of that. | 听起来不错哦 |
[21:00] | Will you do that thing you do to my shoulders? | 你能不弄一下我的肩膀 |
[21:03] | It’s… | 这 |
[21:06] | Well, don’t look so disappointed. | 别看起来这么沮丧 |
[21:09] | Magic shoulder rubs have been known | 众所周知神奇的肩膀按摩之后 |
[21:11] | to lead to better things. | 会发生点别的事情 |
[21:14] | I serve at the pleasure. | 为您效力 |
[21:18] | – So… – Mm. | -所以 -嗯 |
[21:20] | Brad gave me his numbers… | 布莱德把他的数字给我了 |
[21:22] | 87, 12 and ten. | 八十七 十二和十 |
[21:25] | That’s 87 enemy combatants killed and the collaterals… | 八十七个敌方战士和附带死伤 |
[21:28] | 12 women, ten children. | 十二个女人 十个儿童 |
[21:32] | He has to live with that every day. | 这就是他每天所承受的 |
[21:35] | Well, you know something about that. | 你应该懂的 |
[21:37] | Well, yeah, I was dropping bombs, | 是的 我是扔炸弹 |
[21:40] | but I wasn’t there on the ground. | 但我不在地面作战 |
[21:43] | So, I have an understanding of Brad’s passion | 所以我理解布莱德 |
[21:46] | for this modernization bill, | 对这个法案的热忱 |
[21:48] | and it makes me even angrier at Carlos | 并且我更生气 |
[21:49] | for not letting him talk to the committee. | 卡洛斯不让他和委员会说 |
[21:51] | I’m sorry about Carlos. | 关于卡洛斯我很抱歉 |
[21:52] | But you know my deal with him. | 但你知道我和他的协议 |
[21:54] | – He gets to have his own voice. – Yeah, but it was embarrassing. | -他不是个傀儡 -是 但是很尴尬 |
[21:57] | Brad was clearly humiliated. | 布莱德明显被羞辱了 |
[21:59] | Well, look, | 其实 |
[22:01] | with or without Carlos, | 无论有没有卡洛斯 |
[22:02] | we’re gonna figure out a way to get this bill | 我们都会想办法 |
[22:04] | over the finish line. | 让法案通过的 |
[22:07] | Over to the left. | 左边 |
[22:09] | I thought we had the left. | 我以为左派同意的 |
[22:12] | No. | 不是 |
[22:13] | You, over to the left. | 你 左边 |
[22:15] | That’s… Yeah. | 这真 嗯 |
[22:16] | How’s that? | 怎么样 |
[22:17] | So good. | 非常爽 |
[22:19] | I’m actually having lunch with Senator Peoples of Kentucky. | 我要和肯塔基州的皮普尔斯参议员吃个午饭 |
[22:23] | I can’t believe | 我简直不能相信 |
[22:24] | that guy’s chairman of the Veterans’ Affairs Committee. | 他是退伍军人事务委员会的主席 |
[22:26] | – But good. Great. – Yeah. | -但是不错 挺好 -是啊 |
[22:27] | I think he just needs a little… shove | 我觉得他需要一点点助力 |
[22:30] | to get the bill out of committee. | 才能让法案通过 |
[22:32] | – He sure does. – Yeah. | -他的确需要 -是的 |
[22:35] | Babe. | 宝贝 |
[22:37] | I’ve got a meeting tomorrow with Brad | 我明天和布莱德有个会 |
[22:39] | and a couple other veteran activists | 还有几个退伍军人活动家 |
[22:41] | to go over the media campaign for the bill. | 一起讨论一下法案的推进 |
[22:42] | I got to go write down some thoughts. | 我得把想法写一写 |
[22:44] | Okay. Will you come back? | 好的 你还回来吗 |
[22:45] | Always. | 当然 |
[22:49] | Hey. Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[22:50] | Uh, am I interrupting something? | 打扰到你们了吗 |
[22:52] | – I can… – No, no, no. | -我可以 -不用不用 |
[22:53] | I just came to borrow your hiking boots. | 我来借你的徒步靴 |
[22:55] | It’s the only thing that, uh, | 也就这个 |
[22:57] | -I forgot to get on my list. – Hiking? | -我忘了记到购物单上 -徒步吗 |
[22:59] | Griffin and I are going camping this weekend. | 这周末我和格里芬要去露营 |
[23:01] | It’s, like, a whole ordeal. | 肯定是个艰苦的体验 |
[23:02] | It would actually just be cheaper at this point | 可能这会儿登记个四季酒店 |
[23:04] | to check into a Four Seasons. | 还便宜点 |
[23:07] | Um, hey, did you guys know that Dmitri was back in town? | 你们知道迪米特里又回城里了吗 |
[23:12] | Well, I-I knew he was free to leave his post, | 我知道他可以离开驻地了 |
[23:14] | but I didn’t know he was here. | 但我不知道他来了 |
[23:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:16] | I ran into him. | 我碰到他了 |
[23:18] | Uh, it’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[23:18] | But he’s doing well. | 反正他还不错 |
[23:20] | – Well, that’s good. – Yeah. | -那还不错 -是 |
[23:22] | No, you should’ve seen me and Griffin at this camping store. | 不 你们真该看看我和格里芬在露营商店的样子 |
[23:25] | It was like… | 简直就像 |
[23:26] | I mean, we were totally clueless, | 完全没头绪 |
[23:28] | and there’s so much weird stuff. | 那里有好多奇奇怪怪的东西 |
[23:30] | I mean, it was hilarious. | 太搞笑了 |
[23:31] | There was this-this thing. | 那里有个东西 |
[23:32] | It was called a-a personal cooling system. | 叫做个人冷却系统 |
[23:37] | Right? What is that? | 对吧 那是啥 |
[23:39] | I mean, it’s a good thing that my Secret Service agents | 还好我的特勤人员 |
[23:41] | have, like, camping experience, | 有点露营经验 |
[23:43] | ’cause there’s now an excellent chance | 这样我们应该有很大概率 |
[23:45] | that we will actually survive. | 能真的活下来 |
[23:46] | That’s always nice to hear. | 听起来真舒心 |
[23:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:51] | – Stevie? – Yeah. | -斯蒂芬 -什么 |
[23:53] | Boots? | 靴子 |
[23:54] | What? | 什么 |
[23:55] | Hiking boots? | 徒步靴 |
[23:57] | Oh. Yeah. Where are they? | 哦对 靴子在哪儿呢 |
[23:59] | Out in that hall closet. | 在外面那个大厅衣橱 |
[24:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:05] | Is it just me | 是我的问题 |
[24:07] | or do you think she was overselling a bit? | 还是你也觉得她有点欲盖弥彰 |
[24:11] | I think we’re gonna try not to think about it. | 我觉得我们还是尽量别想了 |
[24:16] | Good luck with that. | 希望吧 |
[24:19] | Conveniently, as if it were planned, | 正巧跟我们计划的一样 |
[24:21] | your lunch with Senator Peoples cannot extend past 12:45, | 你和皮普尔斯参议员的午餐不能延长到12:45后 |
[24:25] | because, at 1:00, you have a photo op | 因为一点钟您要和 |
[24:27] | with Scotland’s champion Highland fling dancers. | 苏格兰高地舞冠军合影留念 |
[24:31] | Saved by a prior fling dancing commitment. | 被之前答应的高地舞救了 |
[24:34] | – Yes. – You’re a genius. Hello! | -是的 -你简直是个天才 你好 |
[24:36] | Senator Peoples, right on time. | 皮普尔斯参议员 很准时 |
[24:37] | Well, I’d be a fool to be late | 我和总统约会 |
[24:38] | for a date with the commander in chief. | 还迟到不是傻透了 |
[24:40] | And to celebrate, I brought along a bottle of Blue Lid. | 我带来了一瓶蓝盖子 |
[24:44] | My family’s been making it since the Prohibition. | 从禁酒令开始我家就一直在做这个 |
[24:46] | Well, considering where you’re from, | 想想你从哪里来的 |
[24:47] | I’m… thinking bourbon? | 我猜是波旁威士忌酒 |
[24:48] | A worthy guess, but incorrect. | 猜得有道理 但是不对 |
[24:51] | It’s a stout ale. | 是烈性啤酒 |
[24:52] | But we do have some lovely parting gifts for the president. | 但我们有些不错的离别礼物给总统 |
[24:54] | Would you care to tell her about them, Blake? | 布莱克 你能给她说说吗 |
[24:57] | – I don’t understa… – The senator is pretending | -我不理解 -参议员是在假装 |
[25:00] | we’re in a game show. | 我们正在进行游戏竞猜 |
[25:04] | Let’s you and me go have some Blue Lid | 我和你一起去喝点蓝盖子 |
[25:05] | and quinoa cakes, shall we? | 吃点藜麦蛋糕怎么样 |
[25:07] | Yes. I’ll alert you at 12:45. | 好的 我会在12:45提醒你的 |
[25:08] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -好的 |
[25:10] | In the beginning, my grandpa used to strain the ale | 一开始 我祖父从一条旧牛仔裤里 |
[25:13] | through an old pair of blue jeans. | 搞来的啤酒菌株 |
[25:15] | That’s where the color and the name comes from. | 这就是它的名字和颜色的由来 |
[25:16] | I’m guessing the FDA wasn’t around then. | 我猜那会儿还没有食药局 |
[25:18] | Mm, that’s the truth. | 确实是这样 |
[25:21] | These days they add mulberries | 现在他们在第二次发酵时 |
[25:23] | during the second fermentation instead. | 加了桑葚 |
[25:25] | The color’s the same, but… | 颜色一样 但是 |
[25:27] | the flavor’s a lot less earthy. | 喝起来土腥味少了 |
[25:29] | – Definitely sweet. – For good reason. | -确实是甜的 -加了好东西 |
[25:32] | The sweetness helps cover up the high alcohol content. | 甜味盖掉了高度数酒精的味道 |
[25:35] | Would you believe what you’re drinking is | 你知不知道你喝的是 |
[25:37] | 15% alcohol by volume? | 十五度酒精度的啤酒 |
[25:41] | Ma… Maybe I should have another quinoa cake. | 可能我应该再来点藜麦蛋糕 |
[25:45] | It can sneak up on you, that’s for sure. | 这酒喝起来妥妥的容易醉 |
[25:48] | Maybe I should leave a bottle for you and Dr. McCord | 也是我应该给你和麦考德博士带一瓶 |
[25:50] | to enjoy together. | 让你们一起享用 |
[25:51] | Or we can save it to toast the passing | 或者我们可以用来致敬 |
[25:55] | of the Veterans’ Modernization Bill. | 退伍军人现代化法案 |
[25:57] | Ah, I was wondering when you’d get to that. | 我正在想你什么时候聊这个 |
[26:00] | Listen, I feel bad about cancelling their appearance | 我很抱歉取消了他们 |
[26:03] | before the committee, | 在委员会的出席 |
[26:03] | but it’s a complicated situation. | 但是情况复杂 |
[26:06] | Not that complicated, really. | 其实也没那么复杂 |
[26:09] | The Department of Veterans Affairs has modernized | 退伍军人事务部考虑到大家的利益已经 |
[26:11] | their appeals process to everyone’s benefit, | 实现了现代化 |
[26:14] | and it’s time for mental health to get an overhaul. | 现在到了精神上彻底改变的时候了 |
[26:18] | I’ve yet to decide which way I’m gonna vote, | 我还没决定怎么投票 |
[26:20] | so I would be more than happy to hear | 所以我很高兴听听 |
[26:22] | your full-throated pitch, Madam President. | 您的见解 总统女士 |
[26:25] | Oh, I appreciate that. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[26:27] | Why don’t we start… | 要不然我们从 |
[26:29] | with the V.A.’s track record on processing claims | 从退伍军人处理索赔 |
[26:32] | and follow-up screenings? | 和后续筛查方面的记录开始 |
[26:37] | Hi, Daisy. | 黛西 |
[26:40] | – Ma’am. – Yeah? | -阁下 -怎么了 |
[26:41] | – Are you okay? – Yep. | -你还好吗 -很好 |
[26:43] | – Uh, your lip is blue. – That’s a problem. | -你的嘴唇变蓝了 -这是个问题 |
[26:46] | But I’m also drunk. | 我还喝醉了 |
[26:49] | Are you headed back to the Oval? | 你要回总统办公室吗 |
[26:51] | I have a photo op with the Flinging Dancing | 我要和跳舞的 |
[26:54] | Scotsmen of… | 苏格兰冠军 |
[26:56] | Champions. | 合影留念 |
[26:57] | I think you should come with me, | 我觉得你应该和我走 |
[26:58] | and maybe tag the vice president for the photo. | 或者让副总统去合影 |
[26:59] | I think maybe. | 我也觉得 |
[27:00] | – I like your thinking. – Let’s go. | -我喜欢你的想法 -走吧 |
[27:02] | I think so. | 我同意 |
[27:06] | Blake, focus on me. | 布莱克 集中点 |
[27:07] | We’re gonna need some aspirin, vitamin C and a Gatorade. | 我们需要阿司匹林 维生素C和佳得乐 |
[27:09] | Okay. Ooh, not the blue flavor. | 好的 不要蓝色味道的 |
[27:10] | Good call. The president needs to lie down | 好主意 总统需要休息 |
[27:12] | for about 45 minutes, uninterrupted. | 四十五分钟左右 连续的 |
[27:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:16] | Blue Lip is 15% alcohol, Blake. | 蓝色嘴唇的酒精含量有15% 布莱克 |
[27:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:23] | – I’m gonna go lie down. – Lie down. | -我要躺下了 -躺着吧 |
[27:26] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[27:47] | Hi, Evan. | 埃文 |
[27:48] | – Hey, Brad. – Tell Henry I’m sorry. | -布莱德 -转告亨利我很抱歉 |
[27:49] | I’m in a hell of a traffic jam. Hard to tell how long. | 我遇到了严重的交通堵塞 不知道还要多久 |
[27:52] | They should just start without me. | 让他们不用等我 |
[27:53] | I’ll-I’ll get there when I get there. | 我会 我会到的 |
[27:55] | Okay. Good luck. | 好的 好运 |
[28:09] | Damn it! No! | 该死 不是吧 |
[28:13] | You okay, buddy? | 你没事吧 伙计 |
[28:14] | – You hit me. – Sorry, I heard your horn. | -你追尾了 -对不起 我听到你鸣笛 |
[28:15] | – I guess I thought you were moving. – And you hit me | -我猜我以为你启动了 -你像疯子一样狂按喇叭 |
[28:16] | – after honking like a lunatic. – It wasn’t my fault. | -还撞到我车了 -不是我的错 |
[28:19] | It doesn’t matter! You rear-ended me. | 无所谓 你追尾了我的车 |
[28:21] | We need to exchange information or I call the police. | 我们必须交换信息 不然我就报警了 |
[28:23] | Get away from my car. | 离我的车远点 |
[28:25] | Get away from my car! | 离我的车远点 |
[29:01] | They’re over there | 他们在那里 |
[29:03] | making up their story. | 编故事 |
[29:05] | I was the one who got hit… | 我才是那个坐在车里 |
[29:06] | I-I was just sitting there. | 被追尾的人 |
[29:07] | – He hit me! – Stay back, sir. | -是他追尾 -靠后站 先生 |
[29:10] | – Sir, can you come down from there, please? – No! | -先生 能请你从上面下来吗 -不能 |
[29:12] | Not until you listen to me. | 除非你听我说 |
[29:13] | It didn’t happen the way they’re gonna say it did. | 事情不是他们要说的那样 |
[29:16] | I just want you to come down and tell me your side of the story. | 我只想让你下来 然后告诉我你经历的事情 |
[29:17] | Oh, what chance do I have, two against one? | 我有什么机会 二对一 |
[29:19] | Sir, nothing really bad has happened here. | 先生 这里发生的事情并不严重 |
[29:21] | It’s just a fender bender. Let’s talk about it. | 只是小事故 让我们好好谈谈 |
[29:23] | No! No more talk. It’s all lies. | 不 不要再谈了 全是谎言 |
[29:26] | I’m gonna end up getting screwed. | 我最后肯定会被搞 |
[29:28] | It always happens. Don’t you get it? | 总是这样 你不明白吗 |
[29:31] | Nobody listens because nobody cares, | 没人听因为没人在乎 |
[29:33] | and it’s never gonna be any different. | 永远不会有什么改变的 |
[29:35] | Please, sir, come down now. | 先生 请下来吧 |
[29:40] | Come down now. | 现在就下来 |
[29:46] | Gun! Gun! | 枪 枪 |
[29:51] | The shooting death of Major Jenkins | 詹金斯少校枪击身亡事件 |
[29:53] | appears to be a case of suicide by cop, | 似乎是一起蓄意引警开枪自杀案件 |
[29:56] | as he was unarmed, | 因为他并未携带武器 |
[29:57] | but deliberately reached behind his back. | 却故意做出掏枪的动作 |
[30:03] | I thought his animation was just… | 我以为他的活跃只是出于 |
[30:06] | enthusiasm for the legislation. | 对立法的热情 |
[30:08] | I should have known better, a guy with his history. | 我应该更清楚的 他的经历 |
[30:11] | That’s taking on a lot, babe. | 这可不容易 亲爱的 |
[30:13] | I just got off the phone with his wife. | 我刚和他妻子打过电话 |
[30:15] | She said that he was suffering from depression, | 她说他饱受抑郁症之苦 |
[30:18] | probably due to his PTSD. | 可能是由于创伤后应激障碍 |
[30:21] | But he stopped going to see his therapist. | 但是他不再去看他的治疗师了 |
[30:23] | Thought he had it beat. | 以为他克服了抑郁症 |
[30:25] | He said that helping other vets was enough. | 他说过帮助其他的老兵就够了 |
[30:28] | Wow, the poor guy. | 可怜的家伙 |
[30:31] | People don’t realize what a beast PTSD is. | 人们不理解创伤后应激障碍有多可怕 |
[30:35] | You know, I was talking to Ellen Hill, | 我和艾伦·希尔聊过 |
[30:37] | and she was saying that | 据她说 |
[30:40] | the suicide rate for veterans | 退伍军人的自杀率 |
[30:42] | is twice what it is for civilians. | 是平民的两倍之多 |
[30:48] | Brad sent me a copy of the speech he didn’t get to give | 布莱德昨天晚上给我发了一份 |
[30:50] | before the Veterans Affairs Committee last night. | 他原计划在退伍军人事务委员会上的讲话稿 |
[30:53] | It was attached to this… | 它附在这封 |
[30:56] | …long, rambling e-mail. | 冗长 混乱的邮件里 |
[30:59] | That’s another sign. | 这是另一个征兆 |
[31:00] | I just put it down to frustration. | 我以为只是因为沮丧 |
[31:02] | Wanting to get it off his chest. | 想要表达出来 |
[31:04] | Well, I think people get good | 我想人们变得善于 |
[31:06] | at-at hiding PTSD. | 隐藏创伤后应激障碍 |
[31:10] | I worry about Stevie | 我担心斯蒂芬 |
[31:12] | and what happened to her in the White House bombing. | 以及她在白宫爆炸案中的遭遇 |
[31:15] | Not everyone who experiences a traumatic event | 不是每一个经历过创伤性事件的人 |
[31:18] | suffers from PTSD. | 都会受创伤后应激障碍影响 |
[31:19] | That’s part of the problem. | 这也是问题的一部分 |
[31:20] | It’s entirely unpredictable. | 完全不可预测 |
[31:23] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[31:25] | Not from the Gulf War. | 海湾战争对我没有影响 |
[31:26] | I struggled for a while after I got shot, but… | 我中枪后抗争过一段时间 不过 |
[31:30] | And, as you know, the Fourth of July is | 你知道的 国庆节 |
[31:31] | no longer my favorite holiday. | 已经不再是我最喜欢的节日了 |
[31:34] | I could go a lifetime without hearing any more fireworks. | 我一辈子听不到烟花声都没问题 |
[31:38] | Well, I still struggle with triggers. | 我还是过不了引爆器这一关 |
[31:42] | Sometimes… | 有时候 |
[31:44] | when you think I’m listening to a podcast… | 你觉得我在听播客 |
[31:48] | Whale sounds. | 其实是鲸鱼声音 |
[31:49] | Why don’t you tell me when that’s happening? | 这样的时候你怎么不和我说呢 |
[31:52] | Well, ’cause I don’t want to dwell on it, you know? | 因为我不想老是想着这些 你懂吗 |
[31:55] | I mean, that bombing in Iran was a long time ago. | 伊朗的爆炸已经过去很久了 |
[31:57] | I feel like I should be over it. | 我觉得我应该翻篇了 |
[31:59] | And then there’s this thing where… | 感觉就是… |
[32:06] | …if I’m talking about it, | 如果我提起这件事 |
[32:09] | maybe I’m bringing it into the house. | 可能就会把这个问题带入我们的家庭 |
[32:12] | Like… like I could keep it at bay | 就好像…如果不说出来 |
[32:15] | if I just don’t give it a name. | 我就能控制住它 |
[32:21] | I don’t think you’re alone in that. | 我认为不是只有你这样想 |
[32:24] | That is why we have got to educate people | 这就是我们必须针对这个问题 |
[32:28] | about this issue. | 去教育引导人们的原因 |
[32:33] | You can always tell me anything. | 你什么都可以和我说 |
[32:37] | You too. | 你也是 |
[32:41] | Whip count in the Senate puts the numbers | 参议院的党鞭统计数显示 |
[32:43] | uncomfortably close. | 票数十分接近 |
[32:44] | We’d be lucky to clear a filibuster by a single vote. | 如果我们能以一票之差通过一次阻挠议事就太幸运了 |
[32:47] | Which is why, crass as it is, | 因此 尽管很粗暴 |
[32:48] | we need to use the death of the Medal of Honor winner. | 我们仍需要利用荣誉勋章获胜者的死亡 |
[32:51] | Recipient, not winner. It’s not a contest. | 获得者 不是获胜者 这不是比赛 |
[32:53] | My mistake. But this guy died because he was frustrated | 我的失误 这个人是因为对这个令人失望的体制 |
[32:56] | by a system that let him down, as well as the other vets | 感到沮丧而死 那些他终其一生都在努力帮助的老兵 |
[32:58] | he spent his life trying to help. | 也同他一样失望 |
[33:00] | This bill could assure that his life’s work | 这个法案能够保证他毕生的工作 |
[33:03] | had value, had meaning. | 实现价值和意义 |
[33:04] | Still, his family… | 还有他的家庭… |
[33:06] | The man was obviously in pain. | 这个人显然很痛苦 |
[33:08] | He’s got a widow and two young children. | 他留下了一个寡妇和两个年幼的孩子 |
[33:10] | How will they feel seeing more of this | 在接下来的新闻周期看到更多的报道 |
[33:11] | in the coming news cycles? | 他们会作何感想 |
[33:12] | Isn’t that exactly why | 这难道不就是 |
[33:13] | this legislation needs to be passed? | 这个法案需要通过的原因吗 |
[33:15] | I mean, with modernization, there’s a better chance | 随着现代化进程 像詹金斯少校这样的人 |
[33:17] | that guys like Major Jenkins won’t be left out in the cold. | 才更有可能不被忽视 |
[33:20] | I… I think he would have wanted that. | 我认为这是他希望的 |
[33:22] | I have to say I agree with Mike on this. | 不得不说我这次与麦克想法一致 |
[33:26] | Did not see that coming. | 出乎意料 |
[33:28] | Daisy, what do you think? | 黛西 你的想法呢 |
[33:29] | It’s delicate, but I-I think there’s an approach | 不太容易 但是我认为会有 |
[33:32] | that could work for everyone. | 大家都能接受的方式 |
[33:33] | Then go ahead, prepare a press release. | 那就着手准备新闻稿吧 |
[33:36] | I’ll take a look at it and make my decision then. | 我看了之后再做决定 |
[33:38] | – Thanks, everyone. – Yes, ma’am. | -大家辛苦了 -好的 总统女士 |
[33:46] | What haven’t you told us? | 你有什么瞒着我们 |
[33:48] | – What? – I’m hearing that Hanson | -什么 -我听说汉森 |
[33:50] | is gonna demand that you go back | 会要求你再次 |
[33:51] | in front of the Intelligence Committee | 参加情报委员会 |
[33:52] | ’cause they think you lied. | 因为他们认为你说谎了 |
[33:54] | This is very serious. | 这非常严重 |
[33:55] | Do you have any idea what it’s about? | 你知道原因吗 |
[33:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[33:59] | I didn’t lie to the committee. | 我没有向委员会说谎 |
[34:03] | Listen… just be careful. | 听着 千万要谨慎 |
[34:06] | And smart. | 机灵点 |
[34:07] | There’s a chance this is just something | 有可能你只要 |
[34:09] | where you have to correct the record. | 更正一下就行了 |
[34:10] | If so, | 如果是这样的话 |
[34:12] | do it. | 就尽快 |
[34:13] | And fast. | 去更正 |
[34:24] | Ms. Grant, you are still under oath. | 格兰特女士 你还在宣誓作证 |
[34:26] | Yes. Uh, and, Senator Hanson, | 没错 汉森参议员 |
[34:28] | just let me say that I am happy | 我只想说我很乐意 |
[34:30] | to set the record straight by clarifying any issues. | 澄清一些问题 更正记录 |
[34:32] | There is this one item. | 这里有一项 |
[34:34] | The list you provided… The, uh, the eyewitnesses | 你提供的名单 酒吧事件的 |
[34:37] | to the incident in the bar… | 目击证人… |
[34:38] | – Is this a complete list? – I believe so. | -这个名单完整吗 -我觉得是完整的 |
[34:44] | Take a look at this, please. | 请看看这个 |
[34:47] | I’m cool with that, if I can watch. | 如果让我看 就没问题 |
[34:49] | – Okay. Uh… – Oh, my God. | -好 -天哪 |
[34:51] | – Excuse me. – No, no, no, no, come on, | -不好意思 -不不不 别这样 |
[34:52] | hey, I mean, you’re both really hot. | 我想说 你们俩真的很火辣 |
[34:54] | Come on, stop being bitches about it. | 拜托 别装矜持了 |
[35:11] | Oh, uh, I’m sorry. That’s Claudine Bernard. | 抱歉 那是克劳汀·伯纳德 |
[35:13] | She’s a friend who works at the French embassy. | 她是在法国大使馆工作一位朋友 |
[35:16] | – I forgot she we there that night. – You simply forgot about | -我忘了她那晚也在 -你只是忘了 |
[35:18] | your best eyewitness to the assault? | 攻击事件的最佳证人这么简单吗 |
[35:22] | And the fact that she should have been included | 而且事实上 她也应该包含在 |
[35:23] | on the list of foreign nationals with whom you had contact. | 你联系过的外籍人士名单中 |
[35:27] | It was a, uh, chaotic night, | 那晚确实很乱 |
[35:29] | coupled with the exhaustion from the campaign. | 加上让人筋疲力尽的选举 |
[35:31] | Plus, I admit I had more than one drink. | 此外 我承认我喝了不只一杯酒 |
[35:34] | Senator, Ms. Grant has been very forthcoming, | 参议员 格兰特女士一直都非常配合 |
[35:37] | and this lapse is one that can be easily remedied | 而且这个失误也很容易弥补 |
[35:39] | by amending our foreign nationals list | 只要修改一下我们的外籍人士名单 |
[35:42] | to include Claudine Bernard. | 把克劳汀·伯纳德加进去就行了 |
[35:43] | I’d like to add that this omission is hardly egregious, | 我想补充一下 考虑到法国是我们 |
[35:48] | considering that France is an extremely close ally. | 极为亲密的盟友 这个疏忽并不算严重 |
[35:54] | Very well. | 很好 |
[35:55] | Please see to that. | 请务必把她加进名单 |
[35:57] | And thank you for your cooperation. | 谢谢你们的配合 |
[36:02] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[36:13] | Hey, so, quick question. | 问个小问题 |
[36:14] | I, uh, I bought a lot of different kinds of | 为了这次旅行 我买了很多 |
[36:16] | tick repellent for this trip. | 各种各样驱赶蜱虫的工具 |
[36:18] | You know, sprays as well as a balm. | 有喷雾 还有药膏 |
[36:21] | But, uh, since your secret service detail | 但既然你的特勤处保卫人员 |
[36:23] | are right there behind us, | 就坐在我们后面 |
[36:25] | and they are technically here to protect you, | 而且严格来说 他们是来保护你的 |
[36:27] | are they responsible for warding off ticks? | 那他们是不是有责任赶走蜱虫 |
[36:33] | Um, you know, I think I’m-I’m on my own on that one. | 我觉得这种事还是得靠自己 |
[36:35] | – Oh, yeah, I guess. – Uh, yeah, | -好吧 我想也是 -是的 |
[36:36] | I just can’t really see them, like, | 我只是不能看着他们 |
[36:39] | spraying me down | 对我喷驱虫剂 |
[36:40] | or, um, giving me a skin check. | 或给我做皮肤检查 |
[36:43] | Yeah, good point. Well, that’s okay. | 对 说得好 没关系 |
[36:44] | We’re good, we’re good, because I also brought | 我们没问题的 因为我还带了 |
[36:47] | something called a tick key, | 一种叫”蜱虫钥匙”的东西 |
[36:49] | and something called a tick nipper. | 和一种叫”蜱虫钳子”的东西 |
[36:51] | So I think I got us pretty well covered. | 我觉得应该万无一失了 |
[37:03] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[37:05] | Before the Veterans’ Affairs Mental Health Modernization Bill | 在我们对退伍军人管理局心理健康现代化法案 |
[37:08] | is marked up and voted on, | 进行标记和投票之前 |
[37:10] | the committee would like to hear testimony | 委员会想先听听 |
[37:12] | from Dr. Henry McCord. | 亨利·麦考德博士的证词 |
[37:14] | Thank you, Chairman Peoples. | 谢谢你们 委员会主席们 |
[37:17] | The night before he died, | 布莱德·詹金斯少校在去世的前一晚 |
[37:19] | Major Brad Jenkins sent me the speech | 把他无法向你们亲述的讲稿 |
[37:21] | he didn’t get to make before you. | 发给了我 |
[37:23] | I’ve decided that his are the most important words | 我觉得这是他最重要的一段言论 |
[37:25] | you should hear today. | 你们今天应该好好听听 |
[37:29] | “I didn’t come here to denigrate the V.A., | “我来这里不是要诋毁退伍军人管理局 |
[37:32] | “Which does such important work, | 他们做了许多非常重要的工作 |
[37:34] | “But I think we have to admit | 但我觉得我们也必须承认 |
[37:37] | it has become inefficient. | 他们的工作效率越来越低 |
[37:39] | “How could it not | 怎么会这样呢 |
[37:40] | when 7.1 million service people have been “Added | 把从海湾战争到现在的七百一十万军人 |
[37:43] | to the roster from the Gulf War to the present? | 写入到花名册中时 |
[37:46] | “And here’s what happens: | 情况是这样的 |
[37:47] | “Active duty is over, | 服完兵役后 |
[37:48] | and you transfer “From D.O.D. To | 你的保健护理就由国防部转移到了 |
[37:51] | civilian V.A. Care. | 由退伍军人管理局进行 |
[37:52] | “They tell you you’ll have yearly physical exams | 他们告诉你会每年对你进行体检 |
[37:54] | “That you must maintain to stay active in the system. | 从而保证你一直健康有活力 |
[37:57] | “And part of that exam | 而那个体检的一部分 |
[38:00] | “Is a depression and PTSD screening. | 就是筛查抑郁症和创伤后应激障碍 |
[38:03] | “But service members who worry about having PTSD | 但有些军人担心创伤后应激障碍被记录在案 |
[38:06] | “On their record don’t show up for those appointments, | 就不去体检 |
[38:10] | “Or don’t tell the truth. | 或在体检时撒谎 |
[38:13] | “Guys like a retired captain I met who was in Afghanistan | 我遇到过一个退役的上尉 他在 |
[38:15] | for his fourth deployment…” | 第四次驻军时去过阿富汗” |
[38:17] | Ready. | 预备 |
[38:17] | “…and found a seven-year-old boy hiding. | “当时他发现一个藏匿着的七岁男孩 |
[38:20] | “The boy was holding his baby sister, | 手里抱着襁褓中的妹妹 |
[38:22] | “Who’d had her legs blown off. | 而他妹妹的腿已经被炸飞了 |
[38:23] | “The kid said, ‘Please, don’t tell my father.’ | 那孩子说 ‘求你了 别告诉我父亲’ |
[38:29] | – Or a private I talked to…” – Fire. | -我还跟一位二等兵谈过” -鸣枪 |
[38:31] | “…whose best buddy stepped outside for a smoke. | “他最好的哥们出去抽烟 |
[38:33] | “A mortar hit close by, and after the smoke cleared, | “一颗迫击炮在附近爆炸了 烟雾散去后 |
[38:36] | “The private ran out to find his friend, | 这位二等兵出去找他的朋友 |
[38:39] | “But all he found was one boot, | 但他只找到一只靴子 |
[38:41] | “His friend’s foot still in it. | 他朋友的脚还在里面 |
[38:44] | “These aren’t unusual stories. | 这种故事很常见 |
[38:47] | “Most veterans have some that they never share. | 大部分退伍军人都有他们从不分享的故事 |
[38:50] | “The V.A. tries, but it’s big | 退伍军人管理局尽力了 但事情太复杂 |
[38:54] | and needs all the help we can give it.” | 需要我们大家的全力支持” |
[38:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:57] | “People fall through the cracks | “因为行政管理的失误 |
[38:58] | “Because of bureaucratic failures, | 人们总是会有所疏忽 |
[39:00] | “And it’s hard for warriors to admit weakness. | 而且让勇士们承认自己的弱点也很不容易 |
[39:05] | “This modernization bill will address that. | 这个现代化法案会解决这个问题 |
[39:08] | “It won’t solve everything, but it will help. | 它不会解决所有问题 但会有所帮助 |
[39:12] | “I think we have to try to improve the lives | 我觉得我们必须努力为我们最无私的公民 |
[39:14] | “of our most altruistic citizens. | 提高生活质量 |
[39:16] | I have faith you’ll get it done.” | 我相信你们能做到” |
[39:22] | I shared this speech with | 我把这份讲稿给詹金斯少校的夫人 |
[39:24] | Major Jenkins’ wife Andrea, | 安德莉亚看了 |
[39:25] | and she told me that all the horrible stories | 她把他讲述过的发生在他身上的 |
[39:29] | that he described… | 所有恐怖故事 |
[39:32] | …they happened to him. | 都告诉我了 |
[39:35] | And not just the battle stories, | 不仅仅是战场上的故事 |
[39:37] | but the fact that administrators at the V.A. | 还有退伍军人管理局的管理者也曾 |
[39:40] | missed or didn’t act when Major Jenkins | 遗漏詹金斯少校的创伤后应激障碍治疗 |
[39:42] | fell behind on his PTSD treatments. | 或对他拖欠治疗没有任何作为 |
[39:45] | He was a war hero, | 他曾是战斗英雄 |
[39:47] | a Medal of Honor recipient, | 荣誉勋章的获得者 |
[39:50] | and even he fell through the cracks. | 但即使是他也会有所疏忽 |
[39:53] | I think Major Jenkins said it best, | 我觉得詹金斯少校说得非常好 |
[39:54] | so I’ll simply echo his words. | 所以我只要重复他的话就行了 |
[39:57] | Let’s do better… | 我们要做得更好 |
[39:59] | for the people who give most to our country. | 为了这些为国家贡献最多的人 |
[40:21] | The children next to her | 她接过国旗的时候 |
[40:23] | when she was accepting the flag was heartbreaking. | 旁边的孩子太让人心碎了 |
[40:26] | It is. | 是的 |
[40:28] | He survived the war, | 他在战争中幸存下来 |
[40:30] | and I’m sure they thought he was safe… | 他们肯定都觉得他安全了 |
[40:31] | Whatever you’re doing to yourself | 不管你现在要对自己做什么 |
[40:34] | right now, Carlos, you can’t. | 卡洛斯 你都不能做 |
[40:35] | I should have let him address that damn committee. | 我应该让他去搞定那个该死的委员会 |
[40:38] | No, it might not have mattered. | 不 也许这根本就没关系 |
[40:40] | Might have been something down the line. | 也许还可以做得更彻底 |
[40:44] | Least the bill passed. Maybe it’ll help. | 至少法案通过了 这也许会有帮助 |
[40:48] | You know, my objections were purely on policy. | 你知道吗 我的反对纯粹是因为政治理由 |
[40:50] | I do. | 我明白 |
[40:54] | It’s our first big clash. | 这是我们第一次大冲突 |
[40:55] | You having any second thoughts? | 你后悔过吗 |
[40:57] | No. Are you? | 没有 你呢 |
[41:00] | Some. | 有点 |
[41:01] | What we’re doing has never been done before. | 我们在做前无古人的事 |
[41:06] | First one through the wall always gets bloody. | 第一个穿墙的人总会流血 |
[41:09] | I don’t mind that part. | 我不介意流血 |
[41:10] | I just don’t want to be bloody and ineffective. | 我只是不想头破血流却又毫无成效 |
[41:14] | This relationship is effective because of what it stands for. | 我们的关系成效显著 正因为它的意义所在 |
[41:19] | Two people who disagree still make progress, together. | 两个各持己见的人仍然可以共同进步 |
[41:24] | Yeah, but, uh, I think your husband hates me right now. | 是的 但我觉得你丈夫现在一定很恨我 |
[41:27] | Well, buy him a jalapeño cheeseburger. | 那就给他买个墨西哥胡椒芝士汉堡 |
[41:29] | He’s the forgiving type. | 他很宽容的 |
[41:31] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:34] | How do you think I’ve lasted this long? | 要不然我怎么能坚持这么久 |
[41:37] | – Come on. – Okay. | -走吧 -好 |
[41:56] | Hanson turn nasty? | 汉森越来越可恶了 |
[41:59] | He is a horse’s ass. | 他就是个狗屁 |
[42:03] | What? You forgot a name. | 怎么了 你就是漏了个名字而已 |
[42:04] | It’s not the end of the world. | 不是世界末日 |
[42:05] | No. No, it’s bigger than that. | 对 比世界末日还严重 |
[42:08] | I left Claudine’s name off the list for a reason. | 我漏掉克劳汀的名字是有原因的 |
[42:15] | We should go inside. | 我们该进去了 |
[42:27] | 如果你或你爱的人正在跟创伤后应激障碍作斗争 请访问bluestarfam.org/cares |