时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | This will look good in your office. | 摆在办公室会很漂亮 |
[00:49] | What, take that thing on the train, | 什么 把那东西带着上火车 |
[00:50] | like some kid who won at the 4-H? | 像个孩子赢了4-H大奖一样吗[俱乐部] |
[00:54] | Besides, no one wants to look like they care about awards. | 而且 没人想表现得很在乎拿这个奖 |
[00:58] | But you do. | 可你很在意 |
[01:02] | Isn’t that sad? | 是不是很悲哀 |
[01:05] | Roger was very eloquent. | 罗杰的口才真好 |
[01:09] | He likes to be recognized for selling. | 他喜欢别人一看就知道他是搞销售的 |
[01:13] | Creative is less important. | 创造力不是很重要 |
[01:15] | Creative helps sell. | 创造力有助于销售 |
[01:18] | But he gave the speech. | 可是上台致辞的人是他 |
[01:22] | Look at you in this tuxedo. | 看你穿的这身礼服 |
[01:26] | Say it for me. | 说这句话 |
[01:29] | Pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Draper. | 很高兴见到你 德雷柏夫人 |
[01:31] | Enchanted. | 我被迷住了 |
[02:22] | It’s 8:00. | 八点了 |
[02:26] | Shit. | 糟糕 |
[02:31] | Oh, my Lord. | 上帝 |
[02:35] | Mommy, Mommy! Ethel’s downstairs. | 妈咪 妈咪 艾瑟在楼下 |
[02:39] | She’s making us breakfast. | 她在给我们做早饭 |
[02:41] | Sally, Mommy has a headache. | 萨丽 妈妈头痛 |
[02:43] | What’s that thing? | 这是什么 |
[02:45] | Daddy’s boss won an award. | 爸爸的老板得奖了 |
[02:47] | Daddy won one, too. | 爸爸也得一个 |
[02:48] | An award for good horses? | 优马奖吗 |
[02:50] | Go downstairs and eat something. | 下楼去吃东西 |
[02:58] | I think there’s Alka-Seltzer in the kitchen. | 厨房有治消化不良的药 |
[03:03] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[03:04] | Yeah, just do it in the kitchen. | 去厨房弄吧 |
[03:06] | I don’t want to hear the bubbles. | 我可不想听到水声 |
[03:21] | Congratulations, Mr. Draper. | 恭喜 德雷柏先生 |
[03:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:24] | I hear Advertising Age ran a picture. | 我听说《广告时代》杂志登了照片 |
[03:27] | Fortunately, no one reads that. | 幸好没人会读那个 |
[03:32] | That’s really amazing. | 真的很棒 |
[03:35] | I’ll get Mr. Campbell and Mr. Kinsey. | 我去通知坎贝尔先生和金西先生 |
[03:37] | They wanted you to know they were waiting, | 他们要我转告您他们等了很久 |
[03:38] | but they left. | 他们先离开了 |
[03:39] | That’s rude. | 真没礼貌 |
[03:42] | They said something about the Newkie Award going to your head. | 他们说你因为纽基奖高兴过头了 |
[03:46] | Congratulations, by the way. | 我顺便也说句恭喜 |
[03:48] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[03:49] | Congratulations to you, too. | 也恭喜你 |
[03:50] | Thank you, Peggy. | 谢谢 佩奇 |
[03:51] | Congratulations for what, | 恭喜你什么 |
[03:53] | Being the only one on time for this meeting? | 准时出席会议吗 |
[03:55] | Oh, I was just telling Peggy I got a short story published. | 我只是告诉佩奇我发表了一篇小文章 |
[03:58] | Good for you. | 很好 |
[03:59] | The Atlantic Monthly. | 在《大西洋月刊》上 |
[04:02] | Look at that. | 看这个 |
[04:04] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[04:05] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[04:06] | What does that have to do with you, Kenny? | 和你有什么关系 肯尼 |
[04:08] | “Tapping a Maple on a Cold Vermont Morning. “ | 枫叶在佛蒙特寒冷的早上发出咯吱的声音 |
[04:12] | Cosgrove here got a story published in The, | 科斯格罗夫的一篇文章出版了 |
[04:14] | Uh… The Atlantic Monthly. | 在《大西洋月刊》上 |
[04:17] | You’re kidding. | 开玩笑吧 |
[04:18] | I look forward to reading it. | 我都等不及去读了 |
[04:20] | Keep it. I’ve got copies. | 你留着吧 我还有 |
[04:21] | Congrats, indeed. A thing like that. | 恭喜 做了件这么了不起的事情 |
[04:25] | You’re a writer? You write? | 你是个作家吗 你居然会写作 |
[04:29] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[04:30] | The weird thing is short fiction is not my strong suit. | 奇怪的是我并不擅长短篇故事 |
[04:33] | I have two novels. | 我写了两部小说 |
[04:34] | Novels? About what? | 小说 关于什么的 |
[04:37] | One is about a roughneck on an oil rig | 一个是关于钻井工人 |
[04:40] | who has to move to Manhattan | 他不得不搬到曼哈顿去 |
[04:42] | because his wife’s mother is sick. | 因为妻子的母亲病了 |
[04:43] | The other one is, well, | 另一个是 |
[04:45] | a woman who’s a widow… | 一个寡妇 |
[04:47] | she kind of got stuck with this family farm. | 被困在了家族农场 |
[04:49] | No one will help her except this boy. | 只有一个男孩愿意帮她 |
[04:51] | Those don’t even sound stupid. | 听上去不傻啊 |
[04:54] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[04:55] | I mean, they both sound good. | 我是说听上去都还不错 |
[04:57] | – Want to read one? – I do. | -想读吗 -当然 |
[05:00] | But I also want to talk about Liberty Capital Savings. | 但我还是想谈谈自由资产储蓄的计划 |
[05:03] | Right. | 好 |
[05:07] | Talk, one of you. | 说吧 谁先说 |
[05:09] | As you know, Jack Konig says | 如你所知 杰克·康纳说 |
[05:10] | they want a new promotion. | 他们想要一个新的宣传计划 |
[05:12] | Interest rates are level. | 利息相同的情况下 |
[05:13] | Some kind of irresistible fireworks that bring people to the bank, | 一些让人着魔的焰火引领着人们到银行去 |
[05:17] | even if it’s just to visit. | 即使只是去看看而已 |
[05:18] | I hate it when they say fireworks. | 我讨厌他们用焰火这个词 |
[05:21] | Especially when they keep talking about a toaster | 尤其是他们还用 那种有加热盘的烤箱 |
[05:22] | with a warming tray on top, or a blender. | 或是搅拌机来吸引客户 |
[05:25] | A blender’s nice. | 搅拌机很好啊 |
[05:26] | Jack keeps talking about escalating the toaster wars | 杰克不停的在说弄一个烤箱大派送 |
[05:29] | In order to lure women in, | 来吸引更多的女性客户 |
[05:31] | Which is silly when you think about it, | 这样想就太蠢了 |
[05:33] | Because other than a few working girls, | 因为除了个别工作的女孩 |
[05:35] | Most women aren’t in charge of the banking. | 大部分妇女不会把钱存到银行 |
[05:37] | Not in my house. | 我家那位就不会 |
[05:38] | They visit the bank. | 她们光顾银行 |
[05:39] | They do. | 是的 |
[05:43] | All we do is try to get the girls in. | 我们一直只针对女性客户 |
[05:45] | Families. | 还有家庭 |
[05:48] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[05:52] | Men need their own accounts, beyond the family. | 男人们需要自己的账户 私人的 |
[05:56] | Men? | 男人们? |
[05:58] | Oh, I can see that. | 我明白了 |
[05:59] | Discretion. Discretionary. | 自由支配 自由行使权 |
[06:01] | Statements sent to the office. | 账单送到公司 |
[06:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:05] | Liberty Capital Private Account. | 自由资产私人账户 |
[06:11] | No. | 不 |
[06:15] | Executive Account. | 执行账户 |
[06:19] | That’s why he won an award. | 这就是他得奖的原因 |
[06:22] | Accounts won the award. | 账户奖 |
[06:30] | There’s a call for you from Bix Beiderbecke. | 来自比格斯·拜特柏克的电话 |
[06:37] | Hello, Mr. Beiderbecke? | 你好 拜特柏克先生 |
[06:38] | It’s me, and don’t ask who, or you’ll spoil the mood. | 是我 要是还问是谁就太没情趣了 |
[06:46] | Who’s Bix? | 谁是比格斯 |
[06:47] | The trumpeter. | 一个小号手 |
[06:49] | I was thinking about playing the horn this afternoon. | 我在想今天下午吹吹号 |
[06:52] | Where are you calling me from? | 你在哪给我打电话 |
[06:54] | I just had a phone put in. | 我装了个电话 |
[06:59] | Really. Instant connection, | 真的 快速联络 |
[07:02] | Just like that night at the ticket booth in Grand Central. | 就像那晚在中央车站的售票亭一样 |
[07:06] | Midge, I’m at work. | 米琪 我在工作 |
[07:08] | Just get down here. | 赶快过来吧 |
[07:09] | I want you to pull my hair and ravish me | 我想让你扯我的头发 强暴我 |
[07:11] | And leave me for dead. | 直到我欲仙欲死 |
[07:31] | I’ll be back after lunch. | 我午饭后回来 |
[07:37] | Kenneth Cosgrove. | 肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫 |
[07:39] | I think I’m going to vomit. | 我快吐了 |
[07:42] | Who the hell is Ken Cosgrove? | 肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫何许人也 |
[07:44] | He’s from Burlington, Vermont. | 他来自佛蒙特的伯灵顿 |
[07:45] | His father is a salesman. | 父亲是个推销员 |
[07:47] | What does that have to do with it? | 你说这个有什么意义 |
[07:48] | I can’t believe he got published | 我真不敢相信他的文章居然出版了 |
[07:50] | And didn’t tell anyone until it came out. | 而且直到刊印发行才公之于众 |
[07:51] | No, he kept walking around like the idiot he is. | 他不停地走来走去像个傻子 |
[07:57] | I have this story about this crazy night I had | 我有个故事 关于一个疯狂的夜晚 |
[08:00] | where I ended up in Jersey City with all these Negroes, | 我和一群黑人走在新泽西城里 |
[08:03] | and we all got along. | 我们共度一段美好时光 |
[08:06] | Can you imagine how good that story is? | 你能想象有多有趣吗 |
[08:08] | No. | 不能 |
[08:11] | It is. | 可它就是有趣 |
[08:13] | It’s a national magazine. | 那可是全国发行的杂志 |
[08:15] | Yep. | 是的 |
[08:16] | That hurts, too. | 这更伤人 |
[08:26] | That was it. | 就是这样的 |
[08:29] | That’s what I called for. | 我打电话给你就是为了得到刚刚的快感 |
[08:31] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[08:36] | You can’t call me at work. | 上班时别给我打电话 |
[08:39] | You scared of me getting lonely all the time? | 你不怕我这样一直孤单下去吗 |
[08:43] | Start having conversations with you | 我可能会忍不住跟你聊天 |
[08:46] | And ring you all the time, | 并且总给你打电话 |
[08:48] | saying, “When are you gonna come over?” | 然后说 “你什么时候来” |
[08:55] | This is working right now. | 可现在是工作的时间 |
[08:59] | And it worked today. | 整天都是工作的时间 |
[09:03] | Look, I’m sorry your life is in a million pieces. | 我很抱歉 你的生活五彩缤纷 |
[09:07] | Be easier for you to have one less. | 失去我对你来说也无所谓 |
[09:12] | I hurt your feelings. | 我伤害你了 |
[09:18] | You didn’t like my call a little bit? | 你一点也不喜欢我打电话吗 |
[09:20] | I’m here. | 我不就在这里吗 |
[09:24] | And you waited until you were done | 你就是想让我 |
[09:26] | to make me feel bad about the phone call. | 为打了那通电话自责难受 |
[09:34] | I like that you come in here, acting like somebody else. | 我喜欢你来这里 像是一个完全不同的人 |
[09:42] | It must be so intense above 14th Street. | 要穿过14个街区时间很紧吧 |
[09:47] | Then you shoot down on the train. | 然后还要赶上火车 |
[09:51] | That look when I open that door. | 我开门时看到你那个神情 |
[09:56] | Sometimes you’re preoccupied, | 有时你很专注 |
[09:58] | But then you always… | 但是之后你总是 |
[10:01] | Well, you always… | 总是 |
[10:04] | Change gears. | 变化着 |
[10:10] | I don’t even think about it. | 我没有想过那个 |
[10:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:18] | I like being your medicine. | 我喜欢当你的良药 |
[10:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:32] | What’s wrong with it? | 怎么了 |
[10:34] | Just tell me. I can tell you don’t like it. | 直接说 我看出你不喜欢 |
[10:36] | Oh, I do. | 不 我喜欢 |
[10:38] | And I love that you’re sitting alone at your typewriter, | 我最爱你坐在打字机前的样子 |
[10:42] | Drinking a Scotch, thinking it up. | 边喝威士忌边创作 |
[10:45] | But you don’t like it. | 但是你并不喜欢这文章 |
[10:49] | I mostly read the classics. | 我读的大部分都是古典小说 |
[10:51] | It seemed strange to me.It’s too modern. | 这个对我来说太现代了 |
[10:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:58] | Uh, that’s kind of a compliment. | 这真是一种称赞 |
[11:01] | But I don’t think you mean it that way. | 但我认为你说这话的本意并非如此 |
[11:04] | I just think it’s odd that the bear is talking. | 我这是很奇怪熊居然会说话 |
[11:09] | The bear is not talking. | 熊没有说话 |
[11:13] | It’s what the hunter imagines the bear to be thinking. | 只是猎人想象熊在说话 |
[11:19] | Well, it’s well-written. | 总之 写的不错 |
[11:22] | Why don’t you submit it? | 为什么不投稿 |
[11:24] | I was going to when I finished dickering with it. | 我还要再修改修改 |
[11:28] | You could run it by Charlie Fiddich. | 你可以和查理·费蒂奇谈谈 |
[11:30] | He has one of those big publishing jobs, doesn’t he? | 他从事出版工作 不是吗 |
[11:34] | Your friend Laura kept saying how he makes things happen there. | 你的朋友劳拉不停地在说他出版的东西 |
[11:37] | Why would I do that? | 为什么我要那样做 |
[11:38] | Because he can help us. | 因为他能帮我们 |
[11:40] | Call him. Ask him to look at the story. | 打电话给他 叫他读读这个故事 |
[11:42] | Why now? | 为什么非得现在 |
[11:44] | Do you know who Ken Cosgrove is? | 你知道肯·科斯格罗夫吗 |
[11:47] | He’s an account executive, just like me. | 像我一样 他也是个业务经理 |
[11:50] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[11:52] | My father reads the damn Atlantic. | 我爸爸也读这该死的大西洋月刊 |
[11:54] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[11:55] | You don’t want to be a writer. | 你又不想当个作家 |
[11:58] | I thought it was a hobby. | 我觉得这只是爱好而已 |
[11:59] | He’s out there. People know who he is. | 他出名了 人们都知道他了 |
[12:02] | Pumpkin, Charlie Fiddich? | 亲爱的 真要去找查理·费蒂奇吗 |
[12:07] | I’m surprised. | 我很惊讶 |
[12:10] | You can tell what this means to me. | 你知道这对我来说意味着什么 |
[12:17] | You said you’d do anything for me. | 你说过会为我做任何事 |
[12:19] | I don’t understand you. | 我实在搞不懂你 |
[12:21] | You were so upset when I told you. | 我当时告诉你的时候你那么生气 |
[12:23] | Told me about what? | 告诉我什么 |
[12:25] | Peter. | 皮特 |
[12:26] | Told me about what? | 告诉我什么 |
[12:30] | That he was my first. | 他是我的第一次 |
[12:36] | Well… | 好吧 |
[12:40] | This helps make up for that. | 这不正好弥补嘛 |
[12:51] | Let Charlie Fiddich… | 让查理·费蒂奇 |
[12:53] | See what he’s been missing. | 看看他错失了什么 |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:09] | – Good morning. – Oh, good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[13:11] | Traffic meeting is starting in the conference room. | 联络会议已经开始了 |
[13:17] | Really. | 真的 |
[13:19] | Cosgrove, I’m serious. | 我说真的 科斯格罗夫 |
[13:20] | I think it shows tremendous fortitude, | 我认为这体现了执着的精神 |
[13:21] | And I’d like to see more of it around here | 我还希望能看到更多 |
[13:22] | People finishing things. | 大家都能善始善终 |
[13:25] | I guarantee you that in the bottom drawer of every desk in this place | 我保证在每张桌子的最底层 |
[13:28] | – Is the first ten pages of a novel. – Five. | -有一本翻开了十页的小说 -五页 |
[13:31] | The story itself was not much to my liking, | 我并不是很喜欢这个故事 |
[13:33] | but I think it showed an uncanny understanding | 但是我认为这极大地展现了 |
[13:36] | of what most people like. | 大部分人的所爱 |
[13:38] | I guess so. | 我也这么想 |
[13:40] | What did you get paid for that, a hundred bucks? | 你得到了多少报酬 一百块吗 |
[13:42] | About that. | 差不多 |
[13:43] | Well, that’ll keep you working here. | 所以你还不得不继续在这里奋战 |
[13:46] | So, Miss Holloway, | 霍洛韦小姐 |
[13:48] | Would you like to take the reins? | 你来说两句吧 |
[13:50] | Let’s start with Maytag. Mr. Cosgrove. | 我们从梅泰格开始吧 科斯格罗夫先生 |
[13:52] | Do you want to complain about the copy, | 你想要批评文案不合格吗 |
[13:54] | Now that you’re a big writer? | 你现在可是个大作家 |
[13:57] | Production needs 50% up front, | 发行量需要提升百分之五十 |
[13:59] | And we’re waiting on a check. | 我们仍在等待拨款 |
[14:00] | And when will you be calling the Client about that? | 你什么时候和客人提这件事 |
[14:03] | Well, I spoke with him last week, | 我上礼拜和他谈过了 |
[14:04] | And I’ll check with him again this afternoon. | 我今天下午再去核对一次 |
[14:07] | Aren’t you good? | 很好 |
[14:09] | Rio de Janeiro. | 里约热内卢 |
[14:11] | The double-page spread we ran in Life and Town & Country | 内页跨版宣传我们有关城镇的生活 |
[14:14] | Was so successful, | 相当成功 |
[14:15] | They want to resize the ad to run in Reader’s Digest. | 他们想要调整尺寸放到《读者文摘》上去 |
[14:17] | Big ad. | 不错的广告 |
[14:18] | Little magazine. | 杂志却一般 |
[14:20] | Sal’s problem. | 销售的问题 |
[14:21] | Lucky Strike? | 要幸福时光吗[烟名] |
[14:23] | Don? | 唐 |
[14:24] | Sales are great. Lawsuit is pending. | 销售的很好 诉讼部分还在等 |
[14:27] | You’re the one who’s supposed to keep an eye out | 你应该密切关注 |
[14:29] | on what’s happening in Washington. | 华盛顿那边的风吹草动 |
[14:30] | After the election. | 选举结束后再说吧 |
[14:34] | I’m sorry. Do you mind? | 打扰一下 给您的 |
[14:37] | I’ll take any excuse to get out of this meeting. | 我接受一切可以不开会的理由 |
[14:40] | His name is Adam Whitman. | 他叫亚当·惠特曼 |
[14:50] | Tell him, uh… | 告诉他 |
[14:51] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[14:52] | Reception. | 接待处 |
[14:55] | I should, uh… I have to deal with this. | 我要 我必须亲自处理 |
[14:58] | Sure, sure. | 好的 |
[14:59] | You better come back, now. | 不过一定要回来 |
[15:01] | – I got this. – Okay. | -我来处理 -好 |
[15:12] | Can I help you? | 有什么需要吗 |
[15:19] | Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮到您 |
[15:22] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[15:25] | It’s really you. | 真的是你 |
[15:27] | Dick. | 迪克 |
[15:29] | I can’t believe it. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[15:33] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[15:35] | I know I’m grown up, but, Dick, it’s me. | 我知道我长大变样了 但是迪克 是我啊 |
[15:39] | It’s Adam. | 亚当 |
[15:42] | Your little brother? | 你的弟弟 |
[15:45] | It’s Don. | 我叫唐 |
[15:49] | It says Donald Draper, but I knew it was you. | 上面写着唐.德雷柏 但我知道是你 |
[15:56] | Are you upset? Are you mad at me? | 你不高兴吗 生我的气了 |
[15:59] | I don’t even know who you are. | 我都不知道你是谁 |
[16:01] | I know I look different. | 我知道我长变了很多 |
[16:03] | I grew up tall, okay? | 我长高了 |
[16:06] | But it’s me, Dick. | 但是是我啊 迪克 |
[16:08] | Look, I’m a janitor at American Calculator in the Empire State Building, | 我在位于帝国大厦的国家计算署作门卫工作 |
[16:13] | and I found this in someone’s trash. | 我在别人的垃圾篓里看到这张报纸 |
[16:15] | I thought I saw a ghost. | 我觉得看到了鬼 |
[16:16] | I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else. | 我觉得你认错人了 |
[16:21] | You can’t even look at me. | 你都不敢看我 |
[16:26] | Okay. You’re at work. | 好吧 你在工作 |
[16:28] | I can come back another time. | 我改天再来 |
[16:31] | No. | 不 |
[16:36] | There’s a coffee shop three blocks west of here. | 往西三条街外有个咖啡店 |
[16:38] | Deelite. | 叫迪莱 |
[16:41] | I’ll meet you there at noon. | 我们中午在那见 |
[16:42] | That’s swell. | 这太好了 |
[17:32] | And everything’s all set for the Liberty Capital meeting? | 关于自由资产的会议都准备好了吗 |
[17:40] | Yes, of course, all set. | 是的 都准备好了 |
[17:41] | Well, thank you all. | 散会 谢谢大家 |
[17:43] | I’m glad everybody can make it sound like | 我很高兴所有人看起来 |
[17:45] | they’re working so hard. | 都是很努力工作的样子 |
[18:20] | I can’t believe this. | 我简直不敢相信 |
[18:23] | It is really you. | 真的是你 |
[18:35] | What do you want from me? | 你想从我这得到什么 |
[18:36] | I don’t understand this. | 我不明白 |
[18:39] | You have nothing to say to me? | 你没有什么想和我说的吗 |
[18:42] | Nothing to ask me? | 不想问我点儿什么吗 |
[18:45] | Dick, I thought you were dead, and you’re right here. | 迪克 我以为你死了 但你却活得好好的 |
[18:50] | That’s not me. | 那不是我 |
[18:55] | Can’t you even say my name? | 你都不敢叫我的名字吗 |
[18:59] | Adam… | 亚当 |
[19:03] | That’s not me. | 那不是我 |
[19:05] | It is. | 就是 |
[19:08] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:11] | Why did you do that? | 为什么要那么做 |
[19:14] | Why did you leave me? | 为什么离开我 |
[19:18] | I couldn’t go back there. | 我回不去了 |
[19:24] | Nothing for me. | 我什么都不要 |
[19:28] | I knew you weren’t dead. | 我早知道你没死 |
[19:30] | I knew I saw you that day hiding in the window in your uniform. | 我知道我那天看到你穿着制服藏在窗户后面 |
[19:35] | I was only 8, but I knew it was you. | 我才八岁 但我知道那是你 |
[19:38] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[19:40] | I can’t believe… | 我不敢相信 |
[19:41] | When I saw that picture in the paper, | 当我看到报纸上的照片 |
[19:42] | I thought, “It looks exactly like him, except around the eyes. “ | 我就想 太像了 除了眼睛周围不大像 |
[19:47] | Donald Draper? | 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[19:50] | What kind of name is that? | 那是什么名字 |
[19:53] | What difference does it make | 只是改了个名字 |
[19:54] | people change their names. | 有什么大不了的 |
[19:56] | Yeah, I guess. | 是啊 |
[20:02] | What happened to her? | 她怎么样 |
[20:03] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[20:05] | She wasn’t my mother. | 她不是我妈妈 |
[20:07] | She never let me forget that. | 她一直强调这一点 |
[20:09] | She’s gone. | 她去世了 |
[20:13] | Stomach cancer. | 胃癌 |
[20:16] | Good. | 太好了 |
[20:17] | Uncle Mack took it pretty hard. | 曼克叔叔很难过 |
[20:19] | He passed, too. | 也去世了 |
[20:24] | Are you sure you don’t want anything? | 你确定你不要任何东西吗 |
[20:28] | I know. I’ve got this lump in my throat. | 我喉咙里很卡 |
[20:31] | I’d love to eat right now, but I can’t. | 我现在很想吃东西 但吃不了 |
[20:41] | Did you miss me at all? | 你一点都不想我吗 |
[20:48] | Of course I did. | 当然想了 |
[20:52] | It’s good to see you. | 能见到你太好了 |
[20:53] | You look well. | 你看起来不错 |
[20:55] | Would have rather had lunch with you. | 与你吃个午饭会更高兴 |
[20:57] | I know. But I have an appointment | 我知道 但是我有约了 |
[20:59] | with the decorator for our new apartment. | 和新家的室内装潢师 |
[21:01] | Another time, I promise. | 下次吧 一定 |
[21:14] | You said you enjoyed the story. | 你说你喜欢那个故事 |
[21:16] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[21:19] | As much as anyone can enjoy that kind of thing. | 和大多数人看法一样 |
[21:21] | So you like it, or you didn’t like it? | 那你喜欢还是不喜欢 |
[21:24] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[21:26] | It matters that I publish it, right? | 最重要的是我要出版它 不是吗 |
[21:28] | Yes. It does. | 是的 |
[21:33] | Have you been seeing Laura still? | 你还在和劳拉约会吗 |
[21:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:37] | She’s terrific. | 她很不错 |
[21:38] | Fun. | 很风趣 |
[21:39] | She really is. | 她一直都如此 |
[21:51] | Trudy, I want to talk to you | 特鲁迪 我想和你谈谈 |
[21:53] | about something that has nothing to do with this. | 另外的一件事 |
[21:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:59] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[22:02] | I miss being with you. | 我怀念和你在一起的日子 |
[22:08] | That’s very sweet to hear. | 很高兴你这么说 |
[22:10] | I know you’re married. | 我知道你结婚了 |
[22:13] | It doesn’t have to be more than just being with you. | 只要能和你在一起 一切都不重要 |
[22:19] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[22:22] | Charlie, I… | 查理 我 |
[22:26] | No. I can’t. I’m a newlywed. | 不行 我刚刚结婚 |
[22:32] | Maybe… like in some movie, | 或者 像是一些电影里的场景 |
[22:35] | Sometime in the future, when we’re old. | 当我们老了的时候 |
[22:37] | Maybe then. | 也许那时可以 |
[22:38] | I want you now. I don’t want you old. | 我现在就想要你 不是以后 |
[22:41] | I want you now. | 我现在就想要你 |
[22:43] | I know you’ll never leave him. | 我知道你永远不会离开他 |
[22:49] | I can keep a secret. | 我会保密的 |
[22:54] | No, Charlie. | 不行 查理 |
[22:57] | Please. | 别这样 |
[23:02] | Sally, don’t run. | 萨丽 别乱跑 |
[23:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:07] | My goodness, you’re Mrs. Draper, aren’t you? | 天哪 你是德雷柏夫人 |
[23:09] | Hello. You must be Peggy. | 你好 你一定是佩奇 |
[23:11] | I recognized your voice. | 我听出你的声音了 |
[23:13] | So nice to finally meet you in person. | 终于能一睹芳容了 |
[23:16] | This is Sally and Robert. | 这是萨丽和罗伯特 |
[23:19] | We’re here for our portrait. | 我们来找他爸爸去照全家福的 |
[23:21] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:22] | I guess I knew that. | 我想我知道 |
[23:27] | Is he in there? | 他在吗 |
[23:29] | Um, not right now, but please go inside. | 现在不在 先进去等吧 |
[23:36] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就来 |
[24:04] | Joan? | 琼 |
[24:07] | Oh, my God, Joan, I need your help. | 天哪 琼 我需要你的帮助 |
[24:09] | Let go of me. | 别抓着我 |
[24:10] | Mrs. Draper is here, | 德雷柏夫人来了 |
[24:11] | And they’re having their portrait taken, | 她们是来照相的 |
[24:13] | And he snuck out, and I don’t know who to lie to. | 但他出去了 我不知道应该对谁说谎 |
[24:15] | Calm down. Just breathe slowly. | 冷静 深呼吸 |
[24:17] | Mr. Draper is out, | 德雷柏先生出去了 |
[24:19] | And I don’t think I’m supposed to know where he went. | 我也不清楚他去哪了 |
[24:21] | – That happens. – But they’re taking their pictures today, | -就这样 -但是他们今天要拍照 |
[24:23] | and I would have reminded him, | 我应该早提醒他的 |
[24:25] | but he slipped out before I could. | 但他在我说之前就走了 |
[24:26] | It’s his fault. He comes and goes and never says anything. | 全是他的错 他从不说去哪 |
[24:29] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[24:30] | I make an excuse to Mrs. Draper, she could catch him in it, | 如果我向德雷柏夫人说谎 她有可能会识破 |
[24:32] | Especially if she just leaves. | 如果她现在就离开 |
[24:34] | Or even worse, then he’ll know | 可能会更糟 因为他会知道 |
[24:35] | That I know where he was. | 我掌握了他的去向 |
[24:37] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[24:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:41] | You do know, | 你一定知道 |
[24:43] | And you’re going to tell me, | 你要告诉我 |
[24:45] | Or I’m not going to tell you what to do. | 否则我不会告诉你怎么做 |
[24:48] | – I can’t believe you. – Well? | -你怎么能这样 -说吧 |
[24:53] | He sees this woman. | 他去见一个女人 |
[24:55] | He saw her the other day. | 他们在前两天也见了面 |
[24:57] | – He came back all greasy and calm. -No | -他回来的时候很镇定 -不会吧 |
[25:00] | Oh, God. Now I’ve told you. | 天哪 我都告诉你了 |
[25:01] | I’m the worst secretary in the world. | 我这个秘书当的太不称职了 |
[25:03] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[25:04] | I don’t care. Please hurry. | 我不知道 快点告诉我怎么办 |
[25:11] | Peggy, use your noodle. | 佩奇 用用你的脑子 |
[25:12] | You’re making this so complicated. | 你把这个想的复杂了 |
[25:14] | You go out there, and you entertain her and her brats. | 你出去 想办法哄哄她和孩子 |
[25:16] | Get some Hershey bars from the cart | 拿些巧克力 |
[25:18] | and tell her you don’t know where he is | 并且告诉她你不知道他在哪 |
[25:19] | and you forgot to remind him. | 你忘了提醒他了 |
[25:20] | It is the truth. And when he comes back, let him have an excuse. | 这是事实 让他回来自己解释 |
[25:24] | He’ll have one. | 他会自己解释清楚的 |
[25:25] | And then you just start apologizing | 你只需要道歉 |
[25:27] | for, well… | 为了… |
[25:29] | Just how stupid you are. | 你的愚蠢 |
[25:32] | It’s probably what I would have done anyway. | 这大概是最后的解决方法了 |
[25:36] | Oh, God, now I really shouldn’t have told you. | 天哪 我真的不应该告诉你 |
[25:38] | You shouldn’t have told me. | 你本来就不应该 |
[25:41] | I’m not gonna tell anybody, | 我不会告诉任何人的 |
[25:42] | but you shouldn’t have told anybody that. | 但你也不应该告诉任何人 |
[25:52] | This isn’t how I imagined it. | 这跟我脑海中设想的情形不太一样 |
[25:56] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:57] | You keep saying you’re sorry. | 你不停地说抱歉 |
[26:00] | Where were you all this time? | 这么久以来你在哪 |
[26:03] | Around. Here, mostly. | 到处转转 大部分时间在这 |
[26:07] | I’m not mad at you. | 我没生你的气 |
[26:08] | I just want to know. | 只是想知道 |
[26:11] | I mean, look at you. | 我的意思是 |
[26:15] | Who is Donald Draper? | 谁是唐纳德.德雷柏 |
[26:20] | I mean, do you have a wife? | 你有妻子吗 |
[26:22] | Kids? | 孩子呢 |
[26:27] | I’m going to go. | 我得走了 |
[26:32] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[26:34] | Want me to pay for lunch? | 想让我付午餐 |
[26:37] | – No. – Let me. | -不 -我自己来 |
[26:38] | You didn’t have anything. | 你什么都没有点 |
[26:39] | I don’t understand why you’re being like this. | 我不懂你为什么变成了这样 |
[26:42] | When I was little, | 我小的时候 |
[26:43] | I used to imagine this day happening, and here it is. | 我曾经梦想着这一天的到来 终于等到了 |
[26:45] | I don’t understand. I’m family. | 我不懂 我是你的家人 |
[26:48] | I just want to be a part of your life. | 我只想成为你生活的一部分 |
[26:53] | Adam, that’s not going to happen. | 亚当 这是不可能的 |
[26:56] | I’m going to walk out that door. | 我要走了 |
[26:57] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[26:59] | I’m not buying your lunch… | 我不会付午餐费 |
[27:02] | Because this never happened. | 因为你所想的永远不会发生 |
[27:15] | I don’t like black licorice, either. | 我也不喜欢黑甘草味的 |
[27:19] | Are you sure we should wait? | 你确定我们应该继续等 |
[27:20] | I think so. | 是的 |
[27:22] | I can’t believe I forgot. | 我竟然忘记了 |
[27:24] | Oh, are you missing your lunch? | 你会不会赶不上吃午饭了 |
[27:26] | No. It’s okay. I brought it. | 不 没关系 我带了午饭 |
[27:29] | Well, you’ll probably be going out tonight. | 你可能今晚会约会 |
[27:31] | Might as well take it easy. | 还是放轻松点好 |
[27:32] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[27:39] | Do you have a boyfriend or a steady? | 你有男友吗 |
[27:41] | Um, no. | 没有 |
[27:44] | I work a lot. | 我有很多工作 |
[27:46] | Some blind dates. | 但有过几次相亲 |
[27:47] | I remember those. | 我知道 |
[27:50] | – The disappointments. – Yeah. | -很让人失望 -是啊 |
[27:57] | Mr. Draper’s office. | 德雷柏先生办公室 |
[27:58] | How’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[28:01] | No, thank you. I’m staying in. | 谢谢 我还在 |
[28:08] | – Mr. Draper treating you well? – Yes. | -德雷柏先生对你好吗 -是的 |
[28:10] | He’s been very patient | 他很有耐心 |
[28:12] | while I’ve been learning the ropes around here. | 我在这学到了很多 |
[28:15] | Don’t you just hate it when his mouth runs on and on? | 他嘴巴一直说个不停会觉得烦吧 |
[28:18] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[28:20] | I’m joking. | 开玩笑 |
[28:24] | You probably know more about him than I do. | 你也许比我了解他多一点 |
[28:30] | You look so beautiful in that light. | 这个光线下的你真美 |
[28:33] | You should take the picture right there. | 你应该就在这儿照 |
[28:37] | Well, I… I did want to look good. | 是的 我是想要看起来美美的 |
[28:42] | Mr. Draper. I’m… | 德雷柏先生 我 |
[28:45] | The portrait. | 照相 |
[28:47] | What happened? Where were you? | 发生什么了 你去哪了 |
[28:50] | We were just about to leave. | 我们都快要走了 |
[28:51] | I’m so embarrassed. I forgot to remind you. | 太抱歉了 我忘记告诉你了 |
[28:54] | No, I forgot to check in before I went to the printer. | 是我不好 去印刷厂之前忘记查了 |
[28:57] | I’m such a fool. I don’t know where my head is. | 我太笨了 我太心不在焉了 |
[28:59] | I’m so sorry, Mrs. Draper. | 非常抱歉 德雷柏夫人 |
[29:00] | – Please forgive me. – No, it’s nothing. | -请原谅我 -没事 这没什么 |
[29:02] | All we need are some wet paper towels to get the chocolate off | 在我们拍照前我们只要用湿巾 |
[29:05] | Before we go in front of the lens. | 把巧克力擦掉就好了 |
[29:06] | We’ll have to do that on the way. | 我们路上弄吧 |
[29:07] | They must be waiting for us at the studio. | 他们应该还在影棚等我们 |
[29:09] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[29:11] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[29:16] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[29:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:26] | They’re terrible. | 太难看了 |
[29:27] | No, they’re not. | 不会啊 照的很好 |
[29:29] | Don was late. | 唐晚了 |
[29:30] | It ruins the whole thing. | 迟到毁了所有的计划 |
[29:32] | Oh, Carlton’s always late. | 卡尔顿经常迟到 |
[29:35] | You can see what’s important to them. | 这就能看出什么对他们更重要 |
[29:37] | We’re very important to them. Stop it. | 我们对他们来说就很重要 别乱想 |
[29:41] | How’d you like to be in Helen Bishop’s family portrait? | 要是海伦·碧西伯的全家照你会怎么想 |
[29:44] | There’s a big hole there, believe me. | 人都不全 相信我 |
[29:50] | I want to take them again anyway. | 反正我想重照 |
[29:53] | Sally looks fat. | 萨丽看起来真胖 |
[29:56] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得还好 |
[29:58] | The worst part is, Don will think they’re fine. | 最糟糕的是唐认为照得不错 |
[30:00] | Here. Maybe this one. | 看 这张 |
[30:02] | Blow that one up. | 把这张放大 |
[30:04] | It’ll hold you until the Christmas card. | 色彩应该可以保持到圣诞节的时候 |
[30:06] | The color is off on these, too. | 颜色都掉了 |
[30:08] | Am I wrong? | 我错了吗 |
[30:11] | I really expect the royal treatment when I go to Don’s office, | 我很期待到唐的办公室会受到最好的待遇 |
[30:14] | and I seldom get it. | 我很少有这种待遇 |
[30:17] | It’s like walking into another country | 就像走进另一个国家 |
[30:20] | where I don’t speak the language. | 他们都不知道我在说什么 |
[30:23] | At Carlton’s, I feel like I’m stupid. | 在卡尔顿那里 我觉得自己像个傻子 |
[30:25] | All that Manhattan talk. | 全是曼哈顿式的谈话 |
[30:31] | Our husbands. | 我们的丈夫 |
[30:34] | They are better out here, aren’t they? | 他们不在这时更好 不是吗 |
[30:37] | Infinitely. | 非常好 |
[30:39] | We took your idea of product and applied it directly to the bank. | 我们采纳了你的点子 直接向银行申请 |
[30:43] | Banking products, not household products. | 银行用品 不是家庭用品 |
[30:45] | You said banking products weren’t sexy. | 你说过银行产品不太吸引人 |
[30:48] | We went down some really dumb roads, | 我们的方法一致都很蠢 |
[30:49] | Like bank accounts for children, | 就像开银行账户给孩子 |
[30:51] | and then Don, here, | 接着唐的这个点子 |
[30:53] | had this Roman candle of an idea. | 一下照亮了我们的视野 |
[30:56] | Don? | 唐 |
[30:58] | I think Paul has a handle on this. | 还是保罗来介绍吧 |
[31:08] | The modern executive is a busy man. | 现代的主管是大忙人 |
[31:13] | He leads a complicated life. | 他的生活比较复杂 |
[31:15] | He has business expenses, family, leisure. | 他有自己的业务花销 家庭花销 娱乐 |
[31:18] | How are you supposed to keep all that straight? | 你要如何平衡这样的关系 |
[31:21] | Well, now Liberty Capital is going to help you with that. | 就让自由资产帮助你吧 |
[31:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:28] | What is this? | 那是什么 |
[31:29] | An account for a man that is private. | 一个男人的账户 纯粹私人的 |
[31:33] | The statements come to the office, not your home. | 账单会寄到办公室 而不是家里 |
[31:36] | I see. For organizing your life. | 懂了 为了规划你的生活 |
[31:40] | If it needs it. | 如果需要 |
[31:41] | Liberty for the libertine. | 给那些浪荡子更多自由 |
[31:43] | That’s good. | 不错 |
[31:45] | Does this say that to you? | 您联想的可真远 |
[31:47] | It will if you put the word “private” in there instead of “liberty. “ | 如果用”隐私”代替”自由”会更好 |
[31:49] | Executive Private Account. | 私人执行账户 |
[31:55] | What are you laughing at? | 你笑什么 |
[31:56] | A portion of our customers are already, I believe, doing this. | 我们有一部分顾客已经在这么做了 |
[32:00] | There’s just no name for it, | 只是没有正式的名字而已 |
[32:01] | and we had no way to charge them. | 我们可赚不到他们的钱 |
[32:04] | I like the torch. | 我喜欢那个火炬 |
[32:05] | It says, don’t get burned. | 它象征着别引火自焚 |
[32:07] | It could start some uncomfortable conversations | 这也许会在很多家庭 |
[32:09] | in a lot of homes, but, uh… | 引起不快的谈话 但是 |
[32:12] | it’s better than a calendar. | 但比日历要好的多 |
[32:14] | Let’s talk placement. | 我们谈谈怎么样安排 |
[32:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[32:20] | I opened everything but that one. | 除了这个我都打开了 |
[32:52] | One is about a roughneck on an oil rig | 一个是关于钻井工人 |
[32:55] | who has to move to Manhattan | 他不得不搬到曼哈顿去 |
[32:57] | because his wife’s mother is sick. | 因为他妻子的母亲病了 |
[32:59] | The other is about… | 另一个是… |
[33:00] | You know, I just finished reading it. | 你知道吗 我正好读完 |
[33:03] | It’s really a great story. | 这是个不错的故事 |
[33:05] | Thank you. That means a lot. | 多谢 这对我意义重大 |
[33:09] | It’s nice to see someone’s passion be rewarded. | 自我价值得到体现的感觉很棒 |
[33:13] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[33:14] | I don’t have a copy of it, | 我还没有这个 |
[33:18] | And I wanted to give it to my girlfriend. | 但我想给我女朋友看看 |
[33:25] | You said you got, like, 50 more copies, right? | 你说你有50多本 是吧 |
[33:28] | Maybe I do. | 也许是的 |
[33:30] | If not, it’s on every newsstand in town. | 如果没有 城里的任何一个报亭都有 |
[33:32] | Good to hear. | 听你这么说真好 |
[33:47] | You’re leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[33:49] | Yes. For the day. | 是的 下班了啊 |
[33:51] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[33:53] | I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[33:54] | You can reach me there if necessary. | 如果有急事你可以在那找到我 |
[34:01] | I’ve always wondered why he’s ignored me. | 我总是奇怪为什么他不拿正眼瞧我 |
[34:05] | Probably because he’s so good-looking. | 也许是他太英俊了 |
[34:06] | He can go outside the office for whatever he wants. | 他一出公司 想要什么就有什么 |
[34:09] | Most of these fellas can’t. | 其他人却不行 |
[34:11] | He seemed different to me. | 他对我来说恨不一样 |
[34:14] | Well, either way, you have to do your job. | 怎么说你都必须做你的事 |
[34:16] | Keep his record clean here and at home. | 继续维护他良好的形象 |
[34:19] | Honestly, if he sees that in you, you are solid gold. | 如果他认可你了 你就真的成功了 |
[34:23] | That’s my job? | 这就是我的工作吗 |
[34:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:26] | That’s his private life. | 那是他的私人生活 |
[34:28] | Private. | 私人 |
[34:30] | That’s how these men are. | 这些男人都这样 |
[34:32] | And it’s why we love them. | 这就是我们爱他们的原因 |
[34:34] | I don’t love him. | 我不爱他 |
[34:35] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:37] | Look, if you’re even thinking about passing judgment, | 如果你只是一心想着评判别人 |
[34:39] | Then you’re in the wrong business. | 那么你就入错行了 |
[34:43] | You need to relax. | 你需要放松 |
[34:44] | I have never come over here | 我每次来这里 |
[34:46] | And not seen you with a look on your face | 都没有看到你脸上写着 |
[34:47] | that said “I need a drink. “ | “我想喝一杯”的表情 |
[34:51] | This job is odd. | 这工作很奇怪 |
[34:53] | But it’s the best. | 但却是最好的 |
[34:57] | Listen, Kenny. | 听着 肯尼 |
[34:59] | What? | 什么 |
[35:00] | Listen, I know I’ve been a bear, | 我知道刚才我很野蛮 |
[35:02] | but I’ve been competing neck and neck with people in this place. | 我知道我和很多人都在竞争 |
[35:07] | I didn’t know I was competing with you, too. | 但没想到你也是我的竞争对手 |
[35:13] | You lost. | 你输了 |
[35:26] | Hello, sweetheart. | 你好 甜心 |
[35:27] | Hello, dear. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[35:40] | Well… I have some good news. | 我有一个好消息 |
[35:46] | Charlie Fiddich came by the house this afternoon. | 查理·费蒂奇下午来了 |
[35:49] | Did he? Here? | 真的吗 来这 |
[35:51] | I guess your lunch did go well. | 我想你的午餐一定吃得很好 |
[35:53] | It wasn’t lunch. I told you that. | 不是午餐 我告诉你了 |
[35:58] | So what did he say? Don’t tease me. | 他说什么 不要捉弄我 |
[36:01] | He said he was going to get you published. | 他说他要给你出版 |
[36:03] | That is incredibly swell news. | 真是个天大的好消息 |
[36:05] | When? Where? | 什么时候 在哪 |
[36:06] | Boys’ Life magazine. | 《男孩生活》杂志 |
[36:08] | What? | 什么 |
[36:10] | It’s a $40 fee, | 四十块钱的稿费 |
[36:11] | And a lot of people read it. | 这杂志很多人都读的 |
[36:14] | Are you kidding me? Boys’ Life? | 你没开玩笑吧 《男孩生活》 |
[36:18] | That story was good enough for The New Yorker | 那个故事好到可以上《纽约客》 |
[36:20] | And don’t act like those magazines do everything on merit. | 不要拿这种杂志来可怜我 |
[36:24] | I thought you’d be happy. | 我以为你会高兴 |
[36:27] | For a year’s work. | 一年的工作 |
[36:32] | You don’t want me to have what I want. | 你不想让我拥有我想要的 |
[36:36] | You’re going to be published. | 你的文章就要出版了 |
[36:38] | Boys’ Life. | 《男孩生活》 |
[36:41] | Probably next to some ad for exploding cigars. | 也许在某些烟广告的后面 |
[36:49] | I could have gotten you in The New Yorker | 我可以把你的文章放到《纽约客》 |
[36:51] | Or in the Encyclopedia Britannica | 或者维基百科上 |
[36:53] | If I wanted to. | 只要我愿意 |
[36:56] | So… | 那 |
[36:59] | Why didn’t you? | 为什么不 |
[37:02] | Why would you do that to me? | 你为什么要这样对我 |
[37:05] | Why would you put me in that position? | 为什么要我陷入那样的处境 |
[37:22] | I talked to my father about the house in Cape May. | 我和爸爸说了在开普梅的房子 |
[37:26] | He said our dates are good. | 他说我们的日期选得不错 |
[37:27] | August won’t be a problem. | 八月不是个问题 |
[37:29] | That’s good. | 那很好 |
[37:32] | I wish it wasn’t so far from the city. | 我希望它不要离城太远 |
[37:34] | Then we’d see more of you. | 那样我们就能多见见你 |
[37:36] | It’s not that far. | 没有多远 |
[37:39] | Well, I hate you spending August in the office. | 好吧 我不喜欢你整个八月都呆在办公室里 |
[37:43] | Although I liked your girl Peggy. | 虽然我喜欢佩吉 |
[37:46] | She’s fresh. | 给人一种清新的感觉 |
[37:47] | As the driven snow. | 纯洁无暇 |
[37:50] | You sound disappointed. | 你听起来很失望 |
[37:53] | Did you read some terrible article in Look magazine | 你是不是在杂志上看了什么不好的文章 |
[37:56] | that I should know about? | 我也可以看看吗 |
[37:58] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[38:01] | A woman can’t just not remark on her husband’s secretary. | 一个女人不可能不评价她丈夫的秘书 |
[38:08] | Don, are you okay? | 唐 你还好吧 |
[38:14] | No, I just might have to go back to the office. | 没事 我在想要不要去趟办公室 |
[38:16] | I haven’t decided yet. | 但还没有决定 |
[39:16] | Phone! | 有电话 |
[39:32] | I need to see you tonight. Are you busy? | 我今晚想见你 你忙吗 |
[39:34] | For you? Of course not. | 要见你 当然不忙 |
[39:38] | Good. I’m leaving now. | 好 那我现在出发 |
[39:40] | From where? | 从哪里 |
[39:43] | 25 minutes. | 25分钟后到 |
[39:44] | I don’t even know what you drink. | 我甚至都不知道你喝什么 |
[39:47] | Whatever you have. | 你有什么我喝什么 |
[40:54] | I’m so glad you changed your mind. | 我很高兴你改变主意了 |
[40:57] | Come in. | 请进 |
[40:58] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[41:03] | I know it’s terrible. | 我知道这很乱 |
[41:05] | It’s temporary, I… I hope. | 这只是个临时住所 至少我希望是这样 |
[41:10] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[41:13] | You look more like you now. | 你现在看上去才像是你 |
[41:24] | I came here because I wanted to talk to you | 我到这来是因为想和你谈谈 |
[41:27] | And explain something to you. | 并且向你解释一些事 |
[41:29] | You got to stop that kind of talk. | 别这么说话 |
[41:31] | This isn’t so hard. | 这又不是什么困难的事 |
[41:34] | Adam, listen to me. | 亚当 听我说 |
[41:38] | I have a life, | 我有自己的生活 |
[41:40] | And it only goes in one direction: | 而且它只有一个方向 |
[41:42] | Forward. | 就是一直向前 |
[41:47] | What are you drinking? | 你喝什么 |
[41:49] | Gin? | 杜松子酒吗 |
[41:50] | I found it in one of the offices, under a couch. | 我在一间办公室的沙发下面找到的 |
[41:53] | Three quarts. | 还有三夸脱[容量单位] |
[41:55] | I figured I could take one. | 我觉得我可以喝掉一夸脱 |
[41:57] | Coffee. | 咖啡 |
[41:58] | I can do that. | 我给你弄点 |
[42:05] | So no Abigail, no Uncle Mack. | 所以阿比盖尔走了 曼克叔叔也不在了 |
[42:07] | Nobody, huh? | 没人了 是吧 |
[42:08] | I know. It’s strange. | 我知道 这很奇怪 |
[42:13] | Your office is really nice. | 你的办公室太漂亮了 |
[42:16] | I figure from that award you must be pretty important. | 可以看出你在公司一定很重要 |
[42:22] | I don’t know. I guess so. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[42:24] | Well, everyone always said you were too smart for your own good. | 所有人都说你总是会为自己做最精明的打算 |
[42:29] | Of course, Uncle Mack thought you were soft. | 但是麦克叔叔却说你很软弱 |
[42:33] | But you’re not, are you? | 但你不是 对吧 |
[42:35] | No, I’m not. | 是的 我不软弱 |
[42:41] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[42:49] | That’s $5,000. | 这是五千美元 |
[42:53] | That’s all there is. | 全都在这了 |
[42:55] | I want you to take it, and I want you to leave New York, | 我想让你收下 然后离开纽约 |
[42:58] | And I don’t want to see or hear from you ever again. | 并且我不想再看到或听到关于你的任何事 |
[43:05] | That’s not what I wanted. | 这不是我想要的 |
[43:10] | That’s not right. | 你这么做不对 |
[43:12] | That’s all I can do for you. | 这是我能为你做的一切了 |
[43:16] | You’re serious, aren’t you? | 你是认真的吗 |
[43:21] | You thought I was dead. | 你以为我已经死了 |
[43:24] | Just go back to thinking that. | 继续保持这个念头 回去吧 |
[43:27] | Where do I go? | 我能回哪去 |
[43:33] | Adam, it is $5,000. | 亚当 这是5000美元 |
[43:39] | Make your own life. | 开始你自己的生活 |
[43:45] | I have too much here. | 我的生活都在这里了 |
[44:20] | It’s going to be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[45:03] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[45:06] | Crisis averted? | 问题解决了吗 |
[45:08] | Yes. Papers were on my desk. | 是的 都搞定了 |
[45:13] | Do you want to go visit the kids? | 你想去看看孩子们吗 |
[45:17] | No, I just want to go to sleep. | 不了 我只想睡觉 |
[45:26] | I want to talk to you about something, | 我想和你谈谈 |
[45:29] | and I don’t want you to get upset. | 但你不要生气 |
[45:40] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[45:44] | I know you hate going to my family’s house in Cape May, | 我知道你不愿去我在开普梅的家 |
[45:47] | and I know even though my father… | 我知道尽管我爸爸… |
[45:49] | No, it’s great. It’s great. | 不不 这很好 去那很好 |
[45:53] | I’m looking forward to it already, I swear. | 我已经很向往去那里了 我发誓 |
[45:55] | But I know you don’t like that my father might be there for part of it. | 但我知道你不喜欢我爸爸偶尔过去看看 |
[46:00] | I just don’t like the way he looks at me. | 我只是不喜欢他看我的方式 |
[46:03] | You took away his little girl. | 你抢走了他的小女儿 |
[46:07] | I was thinking maybe we should | 我在想我们应该 |
[46:11] | just buy a summer house. | 买一个避暑的房子 |
[46:14] | Something closer that’s ours. | 近一点 我们自己的 |
[46:19] | I know we had a good year. | 我知道我们今年有余钱 |
[46:25] | I don’t know, Bets. | 我还没决定 贝蒂 |
[46:29] | I think Cape May will be fine. | 我觉得开普梅很好 |
[46:34] | We’re not that flush right now. | 我们现在的资金并不是像你想的那么充足 |
[46:38] | There’s nothing to be worried about. | 没什么可担心的 |
[46:41] | I’d just rather wait till next year. | 我觉得等到明年会更好 |
[46:47] | Good. | 好的 |
[46:51] | Because I like seeing my dad. | 因为我喜欢看到我爸爸 |