时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Sally! Bobby! | 萨丽 博比 |
[00:53] | They sell it at Woolworth’s. | 伍尔沃斯店有卖 |
[00:55] | There’s a section that says “halloween costumes.” | 那儿有个万圣节服饰专区 |
[00:58] | You’ll wear it once. | 你穿过一次的 |
[01:00] | Plus it’s made out of plastic and it’s crap. | 是塑料做的 而且奇烂无比 |
[01:02] | I’m always gonna love minnie mouse. | 我一直都喜欢米妮鼠 |
[01:04] | I’m gonna be an astronaut. | 我要装扮成宇航员 |
[01:08] | Didn’t you hear me? The luggage. | 没听见我叫吗 拿行李 |
[01:10] | I’ll go get it. | 我去拿吧 |
[01:11] | That’s not the point. They don’t listen. | 不是这个问题 他们根本不听话 |
[01:13] | There’s more? It’s a week. | 这么多吗 只一个星期而已 |
[01:15] | We’re going for a week? Are we gonna miss Halloween? | 要去一个星期吗 那不就错过万圣节了 |
[01:18] | Hey have Halloween there. You’ll go with your cousins. | 在那边过就行了 跟你的表亲们玩去 |
[01:21] | Say goodbye to your father, then get the bags. | 跟爸爸说再见 然后拿行李去 |
[01:28] | They have a Woolworth’s in Philly, too. | 费城也有伍尔沃斯店的 |
[01:36] | I only have $40. | 我只有40块现金 |
[01:38] | Swing by the bank. | 顺便去趟银行吧 |
[01:39] | There should be at least $200 in your checking. | 你户头上应该至少还有200块 |
[01:41] | – That’s plenty. – you have no more money? | -差不多够了 -你身上没钱吗 |
[01:47] | Take care. | 保重 |
[01:52] | – Roger, I think you remember… – Annabelle. | -罗杰 你应该记得 -安娜贝尔 |
[01:56] | You look wonderful. | 神采奕奕啊 |
[02:00] | You look exactly the same. | 你也风采不减当年 |
[02:06] | This is Annabelle– what is it again? | 这位是安娜贝尔 现在姓什么来着 |
[02:08] | Mathis. | 马西斯 |
[02:09] | I can’t tell if you two know each other or not. | 我都搞不清你们俩到底认不认识了 |
[02:11] | – Don Draper. – Hello. | -唐·德雷柏 -幸会 |
[02:14] | Please, Mrs. Mathis, sit. | 马西斯夫人 请这边坐 |
[02:18] | How the hell were you in town and not look me up? | 你进城了怎么没联系我呢 |
[02:22] | I wasn’t sure about coming back here. | 我之前并没有打算要回这里 |
[02:25] | I’m running the company now. | 我现在经营公司 |
[02:26] | – You divorced what’s-his-name? – No, David died, | 你和那男人离婚了吗 不 大卫去世了 |
[02:30] | And because of my father’s will | 然后基于父亲的遗愿 |
[02:32] | the company went back to me. | 公司重新归我掌管 |
[02:34] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 节哀 |
[02:36] | 51 years old. Lung cancer. | 51岁 死于肺癌 |
[02:42] | That’s too bad. | 真遗憾 |
[02:45] | – So… – So yes, if you’re open to it. | -你来是为… -对 你肯接手的话 |
[02:49] | Caldecott farms, I’m sure you’ve heard, | 考尔德科特农场 你肯定听说过 |
[02:52] | Had a public relations crisis followed by disastrous sales. | 因公关危机 造成销售骤减 |
[02:56] | I hadn’t heard. | 没听过 |
[02:57] | “The misfits,” the movie– Clark Gable. | 电影《乱点鸳鸯谱》 克拉克·盖博主演 |
[03:00] | It was about horses being turned into dog food. | 讲述把马肉加工成狗粮的故事 |
[03:04] | There was an expose. | 这一行为遭到了曝光 |
[03:05] | We were singled out. I don’t know why. | 我们被抖出来了 不明原因 |
[03:08] | You don’t know why? | 不明原因吗 |
[03:09] | She owns a horse farm that makes dog food. | 因为你有一座生产狗粮的养马场 |
[03:12] | We had a 15% share of the market, | 我们占有15%的市场份额 |
[03:14] | But now Benton & Bowles has dropped us for gravy train. | 但本顿&鲍尔斯公司却放弃我们去别处发大财了 |
[03:17] | Well, that was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[03:19] | Well, people eat cow, but they call it beef. | 人们明明吃的是牛 却改称牛肉 |
[03:22] | Chicken is poultry. Pig– | 管鸡叫禽肉 猪叫… |
[03:24] | We’ve got it, sweetheart. | 了解了 亲爱的 |
[03:26] | Well, there is no other word for horse-meat. | 却没有马肉的美化词 |
[03:28] | I thought maybe you could invent one. | 所以我想或许你们可以造一个出来 |
[03:30] | – What do you think, Don? – I think it’s a tall order. | -你觉得呢 唐 -高难度任务啊 |
[03:34] | Do you have to use horse-meat? | 一定得用马肉吗 |
[03:35] | All dog food is horse-meat. | 所有的狗粮都是马肉做的 |
[03:37] | People eat it all over the world. | 全世界人们都会吃 |
[03:38] | I’ve eaten it. It’s delicious. It’s like venison. | 我吃过 美味 跟鹿肉一样 |
[03:41] | I’ve eaten it. | 我也吃过 |
[03:43] | I’ll tell you what I’m telling the avenue: | 我要向麦迪逊大道上的广告公司宣告 |
[03:45] | Best idea gets my business. | 拥有最佳创意 才能成为我们的代理商 |
[03:48] | How long do we have? | 时限多长 |
[03:50] | I’m in town until friday, | 我会在城里待到周五 |
[03:51] | but only the big firms are rushing. | 但只有大公司才有实力赶进度 |
[03:54] | Well, I’m not gonna sit here and brag about how big I am. | 放心 我不会干坐着吹嘘自己有多”大” |
[04:00] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[04:04] | Bert. | 伯特 |
[04:07] | I have two simple rules. | 我只有两个要求 |
[04:09] | I don’t want to change the recipe. It’s all meat. | 第一 配方不得更换 坚持马肉 |
[04:12] | And two, my father named it Caldecott farms. | 第二 考尔德科特农场由我父亲命名 不得更换 |
[04:16] | Don’t change the name. Don’t change the product. | 不换品牌 不换产品 |
[04:18] | Got it. | 了解 |
[04:19] | Walk me out? | 送我出去吗 |
[04:26] | We had their business before, | 我们以前也做过他们的广告代理 |
[04:28] | But her father was a son of a bitch. | 但她父亲真是个混球 |
[04:31] | You know, people spend more money | 知道吗 现在人们在狗粮上的开销 |
[04:33] | On dog food than baby food. | 比婴儿食品还要多 |
[04:35] | I’ll put the fellas on it. | 比成人食品也要多吧 |
[04:41] | Is that really necessary? | 有必要搀着我吗 |
[04:43] | You’ve never walked in high heels. | 你根本不知道穿高跟鞋的感觉 |
[04:45] | No, coming in here. | 等等 转过来 |
[04:47] | What are you doing here? | 你此次到底为何事而来 |
[04:49] | I wanted to see you and I need something new… | 我想见你 而且也想要些新发展 |
[04:52] | I’ll bet you do. | 但愿如此 |
[04:53] | …For my business. | 为我的生意 |
[04:56] | Besides, you’re married, aren’t you? | 况且 你不是结婚了吗 |
[04:57] | – I am. – Still or again? | -确实 -旧爱还是新欢 |
[05:00] | You know it’s again, and don’t get cute. | 你知道是新欢的 别装无知 |
[05:03] | I heard she’s a teenager. | 听说还是个妙龄女郎 |
[05:06] | Probably too jealous to let you | 这样的话 她应该会心生嫉妒 |
[05:07] | Have a business dinner with me. | 不会允许你跟我共进晚餐的吧 |
[05:09] | Gonna need a reason. | 何种应酬 |
[05:11] | Because I know you’re good at this– | 你不是很拿手吗 |
[05:13] | Advertising, I mean. | 我是说 广而告之 |
[05:16] | Tomorrow night. Somewhere french. | 明晚 法式餐厅 |
[05:18] | Avec Plaisir. | 荣幸之至 |
[05:26] | All the lights were on. I figured you’d be home. | 所有灯都开着 还以为你在家呢 |
[05:29] | I knew you were coming over, | 我知道你要过来 |
[05:30] | It might be dark when I got home | 怕你来的时候太黑了 |
[05:32] | And I didn’t want the McKays to see you turning on the lights. | 而且我也不想让麦凯看到你开灯 |
[05:35] | That’s very thoughtful. | 真是心思缜密 |
[05:44] | I’m making Spaghetti with cream, butter and cheese. | 我要用奶油 奶酪 干酪来做意大利面 |
[05:51] | – And hot pepper? – Yes. | -再加辣椒 -对 |
[05:53] | I had it like that in little Italy. | 我想做成在意大利吃的那种味道 |
[05:55] | Oh. I love that place. | 我爱那个地方 |
[05:58] | Believe it or not, I get treated very well there. | 信吗 我在那儿过得好极了 |
[06:05] | Oh, I wish I could take you there. | 真希望你也一起去 |
[06:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:16] | Don, I swear I’m not talking about our future. | 唐 我发誓这不是在讨论我们的未来 |
[06:20] | I entered into this with my eyes open. | 说着说着就到那儿了 |
[06:23] | I pushed you. | 我的错 |
[06:26] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系 |
[06:30] | Here we are, and I look at your life. | 像现在这样 我旁观着你的生活 |
[06:34] | And even if I remove myself from the picture, | 即使将自己从你的生活中抹去 |
[06:38] | I see a man who is not happy. | 你仍然不幸福 |
[06:45] | I’m happy now. | 我现在很幸福啊 |
[06:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:57] | Okay. | 你还好吧 |
[07:01] | Okay. | 我很好 |
[07:04] | I’m going to lie down. | 我去躺一下 |
[07:07] | Come get me when you want to. | 弄好了就叫我 |
[07:13] | Why did I decide to leave surgery? | 我为何决定放弃做外科医生 |
[07:16] | These last few months have been difficult, | 最近这几个月过得很不顺意 |
[07:18] | But I found a reserve of strength | 但我发现了在自己体内 |
[07:19] | In myself I didn’t know I had. | 还蕴藏着另一股力量 |
[07:21] | I realized there are other ways to | 让我意识到 除了用手术刀给病人做手术 |
[07:23] | Heal people besides cutting them open. | 我还可以用其他的方法治愈人们 |
[07:27] | What experience have you had with psychiatry? | 你有精神学科的相关阅历吗 |
[07:29] | Well, that’s kind of personal. | 这问题涉及到个人隐私 |
[07:32] | Greg, remember what Steve said– | 格雷格 记住史蒂夫说的 |
[07:34] | This is a field about the most intimate details in life. | 精神学科本身就涉及的是人们最为私密的领域 |
[07:36] | More intimate than their organs? | 比内脏还私密吗 |
[07:38] | You know, I’m curious why you won’t answer the question. | 我很好奇 为什么你就是不回答这个问题 |
[07:41] | What is your experience with psychiatry? | 你有精神学科的相关阅历吗 |
[07:43] | None personally, but my dad had a nervous breakdown. | 个人没有 但我爸曾经精神崩溃 |
[07:46] | I didn’t know that. | 没听你说过 |
[07:47] | Yeah, no one was buying furniture. | 因为没人买他的家具 |
[07:49] | My mom ran away for two weeks because | 我妈曾离家出走两个星期 |
[07:50] | He wouldn’t get a christmas tree. | 因为他不肯买圣诞树 |
[07:52] | A headshrinker got him through, but | 有位神经病医生治好了他 |
[07:54] | We weren’t allowed to talk about it. | 但我们家人对这件事都讳莫如深 |
[07:55] | Greg, that’s wonderful. | 格雷格 太棒了 |
[07:57] | It was a lot of things, Joan. | 往事不堪回首 琼 |
[07:59] | No, answer like that. | 不是 我说的是你的状态 |
[08:02] | This is a talking profession. | 这是个嘴上功夫的职业 |
[08:03] | The way you just were with me right now, so open, | 只要你表现得像跟我聊天一样 敞开心扉 |
[08:08] | He’s gonna love you. | 他就肯定会喜欢你 |
[08:11] | The most important thing about an interview | 面试最重要的一点就是 |
[08:13] | Is to express enthusiasm in a believable way. | 用适当的方式表现你的热情 |
[08:16] | No self-deprecating humor. | 不要自我嘲讽 妄自菲薄 |
[08:18] | You’re smart. You’re funny. You’re great to be around, | 你很聪明 你很风趣 你很好相处 |
[08:22] | But you haven’t decided if they’re the right one. | 但你不确定他们是不是可栖的良木 |
[08:24] | This isn’t a beauty pageant. | 可面试不是选美 |
[08:25] | Well, I’ve seen executives crash and burn. | 我见过很多面试官崩溃的情形 |
[08:34] | I can’t believe I never told you that. | 我怎么会没告诉过你呢 |
[08:54] | I just… | 我只是 |
[08:57] | Wanted more than I thought I would want. | 没想到自己会有这么多的奢望 |
[09:03] | But it’ll pass. | 但都会过去的 |
[09:07] | Actually, I know for a fact it will. | 实际上 我确信它会过去的 |
[09:15] | I don’t want it to pass. | 我可不想让它过去 |
[09:22] | One day I dropped the kids off at school | 有天我把孩子们送到学校后 |
[09:25] | and I saw you in the yard. | 看到你站在校园里 |
[09:27] | I kept wishing for you to get in the car | 我真想让你钻进车里 |
[09:28] | and drive away with me. | 和我飞驰而去 |
[09:32] | Just let it go. | 别乱想了 |
[09:34] | I’ll clear my schedule. | 我会重排自己的行程 |
[09:36] | We can go to Mystic or somethin for the rest of the week. | 我们可以去米斯蒂克小镇度过这周 |
[09:41] | Mystic? | 米斯蒂克[直译为”仙境”] |
[09:46] | I can think of someplace if you’re serious. | 如果你是认真的话 我可以想到好去处 |
[09:49] | I am. | 我是说真的 |
[09:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:03] | Oh, damn it. | 该死 |
[10:07] | – Hello. – Roger, it’s Joan. | -喂 -罗杰 我是琼 |
[10:10] | – Joan Harris. – Jesus. | -琼·哈里斯 -老天 |
[10:12] | You’re lucky I answered. Ginger’s not in. | 幸好是我接的 金吉不在 |
[10:15] | I know. She has a hair appointment | 我知道 她去做头发了 |
[10:16] | The last tuesday of every month. | 每月最后一个星期二 |
[10:18] | She does? | 是吗 |
[10:19] | And I know that your lunch canceled. | 我也知道你的午餐取消了 |
[10:22] | What am I wearing? | 那我现在穿什么衣服 |
[10:26] | So how are things? | 近来如何 |
[10:27] | Mr. Hooker has rearranged the | 胡克先生按姓名首字母 |
[10:30] | Secretaries in the pool alphabetically. | 重新编排了公司里的女秘书们 |
[10:33] | By cup size? | 按罩杯大小吗 |
[10:34] | Well, I know where you’d be sitting. | 那样的话我知道你该排在哪儿 |
[10:36] | You’re making me sorry I called you. | 你这样会让我后悔给你打电话 |
[10:39] | I need a favor. I need help finding work. | 我需要帮忙 帮忙找工作 |
[10:42] | – Something happen with Dr. Cut up? – Not at all. | -那个外科医生出了什么事吗 -与他无关 |
[10:45] | He’s pursuing his dream of becoming a psychiatrist, | 他正在努力追寻自己成为精神医生的梦想 |
[10:47] | But that means more training | 那就意味着更多的学习 |
[10:48] | and I just don’t want him moonlighting all the time. | 而我不想让他独自负担我们两个人的生活 |
[10:51] | Why does it matter? | 这很重要吗 |
[10:52] | It doesn’t. None of my business. | 没有 也不关我的事 |
[10:54] | Why don’t you come back here? | 回来工作如何 |
[10:56] | Roger, I’ve been replaced | 罗杰 我已经被人取而代之了 |
[10:58] | And a secretary makes less money than | 况且做秘书还比不上 |
[10:59] | If I was working at a department store. | 我在百货公司赚得多 |
[11:03] | I’m so glad you called me. | 真高兴你打给我了 |
[11:05] | I’m sorry it had to be for a favor. | 很抱歉因为有所求才打给你 |
[11:07] | No, I like that you thought of me– | 不 你能想到我我已经很开心了 |
[11:10] | You know, to ask. | 至少 你想到了我 |
[11:12] | You want to be on some people’s minds. | 希望能被某人记在心上 |
[11:15] | Some people’s, you don’t. | 当然也不想被某些人记住 |
[11:18] | – That’s nice. – So do you miss it here? | -你真好 -你想这儿了吗 |
[11:20] | Are you asking if I miss you? | 你是在问我是否想你了吗 |
[11:24] | Well, I guess I am, | 大概是吧 因为除了我 |
[11:25] | because everything else is different. | 这儿的一切都已经不同了 |
[11:28] | I should go. | 我该挂了 |
[11:29] | Well, how do I work this if I think of anybody? | 如果找到了工作该怎么做 |
[11:31] | Just give them your number? | 直接把你的电话号码给他们吗 |
[11:33] | Look at you, figuring things out for yourself. | 随便你 自己看着办吧 |
[11:39] | Bye bye, Joanie. | 拜拜 琼妮 |
[11:47] | Look who’s here. | 看看谁来了 |
[11:49] | I’m sorry I missed the funeral. | 抱歉错过了葬礼 |
[11:51] | My grandson was graduating. | 我孙子刚好毕业典礼 |
[11:53] | It was beautiful. | 祝贺你 |
[11:55] | Judy fixed lunch. We don’t have to talk right away. | 朱蒂安排了午餐 我们可以过会儿再谈 |
[11:57] | I don’t have a lot of time. | 我没多少时间 |
[12:03] | Betty wants to know what the house is worth. | 贝蒂想知道这房子价值多少 |
[12:05] | I’m a lawyer. I’m not a real estate agent. | 我是个律师 又不是房产经纪人 |
[12:08] | Well, the house was left to both of us. | 房子是我们共同所有的遗产 |
[12:09] | I don’t understand why I shouldn’t be able to buy | 凭什么我出的价钱是父亲当时买价的两倍 |
[12:11] | it away from her at double what dad paid for it. | 还没法从她手里买过来呢 |
[12:13] | They bought it in the late ’20s. | 他们可是20多岁时买的 |
[12:15] | Dad always said it was the top of the market. | 但父亲说这房子在当时炙手可热 |
[12:18] | Your father intended you to get | 你父亲说这话是因为 |
[12:20] | as much money for it as you could | 他想让你们把这房子卖个好价钱 |
[12:22] | If you were going to sell it. | 如果你们要卖的话 |
[12:23] | Otherwise, somebody has to buy somebody out. | 不卖的话 你们只有互相争夺产权了 |
[12:26] | So basically dad gave it to Betty because | 相当于父亲已经把房子给了贝蒂 |
[12:28] | he knew I didn’t have any money. | 因为他知道我不可能有钱买 |
[12:31] | This is ugly. You know that? | 太可恶了 知道吗 |
[12:40] | Milton, I need to speak to you in confidence. | 米尔顿 有些事我想单独跟你谈谈 |
[12:57] | I need your advice. | 我需要听听你的建议 |
[12:59] | I need complete confidentiality. | 你得绝对保守秘密 |
[13:03] | It’s my husband. | 有关我丈夫 |
[13:07] | I just found out some compromising facts. | 我发现了一件难以启齿的丑事 |
[13:13] | He, uh– he’s been married before | 他 他以前结过婚 |
[13:18] | And he– | 而且 |
[13:21] | Well, it’s not even his real name and | 用的是假名 |
[13:23] | he bought her a house– his ex-wife. | 还给他的前妻 买了栋房子 |
[13:28] | I– I need to know what to do. | 我该怎么办 |
[13:30] | I don’t know him, Betsy. | 我不了解他 贝蒂 |
[13:31] | I met him at your wedding. | 我只在你们的婚礼上见过他而已 |
[13:33] | I know your father didn’t want him in the will. | 但我知道你父亲的遗嘱里没有提到他 |
[13:36] | – So? – What do you want to do? | -所以呢 -你想怎么办 |
[13:39] | Do you want a divorce? | 想离婚吗 |
[13:40] | In New York State you need to prove adultery. | 在纽约州你需要出示他不忠的证据 |
[13:42] | Can you? | 你有吗 |
[13:45] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[13:47] | I mean prove it in a court of law. | 那可是在法庭的众目睽睽之下 |
[13:48] | That’s hard to do. | 会很难堪 |
[13:50] | Unless he wants out, but you’re not gonna get anything. | 除非他主动离婚 但你就什么也分不到了 |
[13:54] | You won’t even be able to buy William out of the house. | 也没法从威廉那买回房子的产权了 |
[13:56] | You’ll have to sell it. | 除非你将它卖掉 |
[13:59] | And he can take the children. | 而且他可以得到孩子的监护权 |
[14:02] | That’s my legal advice. | 以上是法律建议 |
[14:05] | Do you want the rest of it? | 想听听私人建议吗 |
[14:11] | – Are you afraid of him? – No. | -你怕他吗 -不怕 |
[14:14] | Is he a good provider? | 他是个称职的顶梁柱吗 |
[14:18] | Well, he is, but that’s not the point. | 是吧 但那又怎样 |
[14:22] | It’s a lie so big, Milton. | 这简直是弥天大谎 米尔顿 |
[14:27] | I feel like I’ve been in some dream since I found out. | 我发现这事以后就觉得自己一直像在做梦 |
[14:30] | Just saying it out loud to you– | 现在对你说出来 |
[14:32] | This is the first time I’m realizing it’s true. | 我才意识到这一切都是真的 |
[14:39] | You have three small children together. | 你们还育有三个孩子 |
[14:43] | At least go home, give it a try. | 至少先回家去 试试 |
[14:49] | That’s what I’d tell my own daughter. | 我跟自己的女儿就是这样建议的 |
[14:53] | Damn it, Betts! This isn’t right! | 该死 贝蒂 你不能这样做 |
[15:03] | Look, he waited. | 看啊 他居然等到现在 |
[15:05] | This is number three. | 这已经是我第三支烟了 |
[15:10] | What do you want? | 想点什么 |
[15:11] | I’m going to have one of those lovely wines. | 我要一瓶可爱的葡萄酒 |
[15:15] | Why did you have two? Are you nervous? | 你怎么都抽了两根了 紧张吗 |
[15:19] | She’ll have one of those lovely wines. | 她要一瓶葡萄酒 |
[15:21] | Bordeaux. | 波尔多 |
[15:24] | Don wants to call in a focus group right away. | 唐想马上就为你成立一个策划小组 |
[15:28] | That’s enough business. | 真是受宠若惊 |
[15:30] | I want to know everything that’s | 我想知道过去二十年 |
[15:32] | happened in the last 20 years. | 发生的所有事情 |
[15:34] | Longer. | 不只吧 |
[15:37] | It wasn’t until years later | 因为几年后 |
[15:38] | that I realized you were the only | 我才发现你是我在那段岁月中 |
[15:40] | person I could remember that time with. | 唯一怀念的伴侣 |
[15:43] | What do you want to remember? | 你想听些什么 |
[15:45] | What I was like at that age, | 我当年的样子 |
[15:48] | Paris before the war, | 战前的巴黎 |
[15:50] | Eating in cemeteries. | 在公墓里吃饭 |
[15:54] | People were jumping out of windows | 人们东躲西藏 疲于奔命时 |
[15:56] | and we were on vacation. | 我们却在悠闲地度假 |
[15:58] | I don’t remember much. | 我记不得太多了 |
[16:02] | Are you trying to tell me when you saw | 你是想说看《卡萨布兰卡》的时候 |
[16:04] | “Casablanca” you didn’t think about me? | 你压根不会想起我吗 |
[16:06] | You mean Peter Lorre? | 你是说彼得·洛吗 |
[16:09] | You seemed so happy to see me and | 你上次见到我还很高兴 |
[16:11] | now you’re just being… drunk. | 这次怎么…醉醺醺的感觉 |
[16:14] | Look, Annabelle. | 听着 安娜贝尔 |
[16:16] | We were not in “Casablanca.” | 我们可不是在拍《卡萨布兰卡》的电影 |
[16:18] | The only similarity is that you left me for another man. | 唯一相似的情节就是你抛下我跟别的男人跑了 |
[16:23] | When she gets on the plane at the end? | 最后她登上了飞机吗 |
[16:25] | That woman got on the plane with a man | 那女人是跟一个 |
[16:27] | who was going to end world war II, | 能结束二战的男人跑的 |
[16:28] | Not run her father’s dog food company. | 可不是为了经营她父亲的狗粮公司 |
[16:33] | You were adrift. You didn’t do anything but spend money. | 你当年就是个登徒浪子 只会挥霍金钱 |
[16:37] | You walked around like you were hoping to | 你游走四方 觉得自己能成为 |
[16:39] | be a character in somebody else’s novel. | 别人生命中的男主角似的 |
[16:41] | The boxing. | 对拳击的痴迷 |
[16:43] | I’m not gonna sit here and listen to your reasons. | 我不想听你在这儿胡言乱语 |
[16:46] | Believe it or not, I still remember them. | 不管你相信与否 我一直都记得 |
[16:51] | Oh, jesus, where’s the wine? | 老天 酒怎么还没来 |
[16:53] | I don’t like the way you’re looking at me. | 我不喜欢你这样看着我 |
[16:56] | How am I looking at you? | 怎样看着你 |
[16:57] | With pity. | 满是怜悯 |
[17:00] | I finally found a beautiful carefree | 我好不容易找到一个美丽的 |
[17:03] | girl unconcerned about the future. | 不在意将来的无忧无虑的女孩 |
[17:05] | – I was more serious than you. – Well, I got mine. | -我比你认真 -我也有认真对待的时候 |
[17:08] | I married Mona, joined the firm | 我娶了莫娜 加入了广告公司 |
[17:10] | And then I got shipped off to the pacific for the duration. | 战争时期还被遣送到太平洋战区 |
[17:14] | When I came home I went to work while | 回来后我开始工作 |
[17:16] | you were watching “Casablanca.” | 而你却还沉迷于《卡萨布兰卡》 |
[17:19] | And I got blamed when we lost the account. | 当公司失去一个客户 我被骂得狗血淋头 |
[17:23] | All I heard was my father said | 我只听父亲说过 |
[17:24] | Bert Cooper had a screw loose. | 伯特·库珀打了个大败仗而已 |
[17:26] | Look, you’re rich. | 听着 你是有钱人 |
[17:29] | Let someone else take your horse-meat | 让别人买走你家的马肉 |
[17:31] | and slap their label on it. | 然后另外贴个商标算了 |
[17:32] | And do what? | 然后怎样 |
[17:37] | – Oh, I don’t want a whole bottle. – I’ll help. | -我喝不了一整瓶 -有我呢 |
[17:44] | And I told him the closest we ever got to Hemingway | 我说我们离海明威最近的一次就是 |
[17:48] | was sitting in a chair he once sat in. | 坐在他坐过的椅子上 |
[17:51] | And that was in the ’20s, not the ’30s. | 那是20岁时的事 不是30岁 |
[17:56] | And then he said he remembered me | 然后他说他还记得我 |
[17:57] | Because I was the one who’d introduced him to peanut butter. | 因为是我把他带入花生酱的美味世界的 |
[18:01] | Yeah, I never understood that. | 我一直搞不懂 |
[18:02] | They had peanuts in Europe. | 欧洲明明有花生的啊 |
[18:03] | No one ever thought of that? | 就没人想过把它做成花生酱吗 |
[18:11] | – Look at us. – Oh, will you stop? | -看看外面 -你省省好吧 |
[18:16] | Roger, do I look like a widow? | 罗杰 我像个寡妇吗 |
[18:23] | You look great. | 你光彩照人 |
[18:27] | You still want me. | 你还爱我 |
[18:31] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[18:33] | I’m married– | 我结婚了 |
[18:35] | Newlywed– honeymooning. | 新婚 蜜月期 |
[18:40] | How could I have missed the window between Mona and her? | 我怎么就错过了你在莫娜和她之间的空挡呢 |
[18:44] | There really wasn’t much of a window. | 没什么空挡 |
[18:47] | It kind of overlapped. | 这两段婚姻是重叠的 |
[18:49] | Well, I was there first. | 我比她们都要早 |
[18:51] | We’ll just take this and tack it onto that. | 让我直接取代她们两个吧 |
[18:55] | I’m gonna get you a cab. | 我给你叫出租车 |
[18:58] | Are you afraid I’ll be disappointed? | 是怕你会让我失望吗 |
[19:00] | You were always good drunk. | 你醉酒之后一直都表现得更好 |
[19:02] | Annabelle, let me get you a cab. | 安娜贝尔 我去给你叫出租车 |
[19:07] | It’s different with this girl. | 我跟她在一起的感觉不一样 |
[19:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:20] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[19:33] | How’d it go? | 面试怎样 |
[19:35] | I screwed up all my answers | 回答得一塌糊涂 |
[19:36] | And I tried to talk about the articles, | 本来还想谈谈文章 |
[19:38] | but I couldn’t remember anything. | 但又什么都不记得了 |
[19:41] | I made a fool out of myself. | 搞得自己跟白痴一样 |
[19:43] | – I am sure that’s not true. – You weren’t there. | -没有那么糟的 -你又没看见 |
[19:46] | Stop acting like you know everything. | 别说得好像你洞悉万事一样 |
[19:51] | – You’ll have other interviews. – I don’t want ’em. | -还有别的机会的 -不感兴趣 |
[19:53] | I don’t want to be a psychiatrist. | 我不想当精神科医生 |
[19:56] | It’s not medicine. | 这根本不属于医学范畴 |
[19:58] | I might as well work at a bank. | 跟在银行工作也没什么不同 |
[20:02] | I don’t care what you do as long as you do something. | 你只要能找到份工作我就万幸了 |
[20:05] | We need money. | 我们需要钱 |
[20:07] | I did everything I was supposed to do, | 我可以做的都尝试过了 |
[20:10] | Everything they told me– | 统统按照他们的指示 |
[20:12] | College, med school. | 大学 医学院 |
[20:14] | I wanted to be a surgeon since I was that big. | 从这么小我就开始想当外科医生 |
[20:17] | I’m sorry, Greg. | 很遗憾 格雷格 |
[20:20] | Maybe it’s time to move on. | 你该向前看了 |
[20:21] | Hey, you don’t know! | 你知道什么 |
[20:23] | You don’t know what it’s like to | 你根本不知道那种 |
[20:24] | want something your whole life, | 努力期盼了一辈子 |
[20:26] | To plan for it, to count on it and not get it! | 到头来却什么也没实现的滋味 |
[20:29] | Okay? | 拜托 |
[20:36] | Ah! Oh, shit? | 该死 |
[20:40] | What the hell?! | 搞什么 |
[20:42] | You’re insane! You know that?! | 你疯了 你知道吗 |
[20:56] | Why isn’t he wearing a white coat? | 他怎么不穿白大褂 |
[20:58] | He looks like a dog-food salesman. | 看起来跟个狗食销售员似的 |
[21:00] | Dogs don’t like uniforms. | 狗不喜欢制服 |
[21:02] | Well, we’re lucky. Everyone has an appetite today. | 今天不错 大家都很有胃口 |
[21:05] | They said we should bring them hungry, | 他们要求先要让狗饿着 |
[21:08] | But he does seem to like this. | 不过看起来是真喜欢吃 |
[21:11] | How would you describe your dog’s temperament? | 形容一下你的狗的性格吧 |
[21:13] | She’s picky, and she’s nervous sometimes, | 它很挑剔 有时甚至神经质 |
[21:17] | – But she’s very smart. – And yours? | -但很聪明 -你的呢 |
[21:21] | He’s independent, you know? | 它很独立 明白吗 |
[21:23] | He knows what he likes. He’s pretty hard to fool. | 它知道自己想要什么 很难耍到它 |
[21:26] | Oh my god, they’re describing themselves. | 老天 他们是在说自己吧 |
[21:29] | This your first group? | 这就是第一组吗 |
[21:31] | What if I told you | 我想说的是 |
[21:33] | your dogs were enjoying Caldecott Farms? | 你们的狗正在享用考尔德科特农场的狗食 |
[21:34] | – What’s it called? – I wouldn’t like it. | -什么 -不能吃这个 |
[21:36] | – Bingo, stop. – I’ve never heard of it. | -宾果 不许吃了 -我没听过这牌子 |
[21:39] | Well, you should. They make it out of ponies. | 太不应该了 他们用马肉来做狗食 |
[21:41] | Goodness gracious. That’s this one? | 仁慈的主啊 就是这个吗 |
[21:43] | This is the first I’m hearing of this. | 这是我第一次听说这事 |
[21:45] | I wish you would’ve told me. | 你应该早些告诉我 |
[21:47] | When people are protesting, I’m on board. | 人们都在保护动物的时候 我却在残害 |
[21:49] | Well, what brand does your dog prefer? | 那您的狗喜欢什么牌子的狗食呢 |
[21:51] | – Why would you do this to us? – It’s inhumane. | -你怎么能这样对我们 -简直不人道 |
[21:54] | – Bingo looks sick. – Turn it off. | -宾果好像不舒服 -关掉 |
[21:56] | – Could somebody get that? – I can’t turn it off. | -谁去弄一下 -我关不掉啊 |
[21:58] | – It’s actually happening. – Turn off the sound. | -这是真实场景啊 -把声音关掉 |
[22:02] | I already know how people feel. | 我知道人们是什么反应 |
[22:03] | It’s your job to change that. | 所以才让你改变这种状况 |
[22:07] | Any agency that does not change the name | 如果哪个广告公司告诉你可以不必更换品牌名 |
[22:08] | is stealing your money. | 那一定是在骗你的钱 |
[22:10] | The product is good– it’s high quality, | 你的产品很好 质量上乘 |
[22:12] | Dodogs love it– but the name has been poisoned. | 狗狗喜爱 但这品牌现在是臭名昭著 |
[22:15] | That name got us where we are. | 我们凭着这品牌一路走来 |
[22:17] | Do you think that was just luck? | 你觉得只是靠运气吗 |
[22:18] | I’m not saying a new name is easy to find | 我并不是说换个新名字很容易 |
[22:21] | And we will give you a lot of options, | 虽然我们可以为你提供很多选择 |
[22:23] | But it’s a label on a can. | 但那始终只是罐子上的商标而已 |
[22:26] | It will be true, because it will promise the quality | 诚然 罐里所装的食物质量如何 |
[22:28] | of the product that’s inside. | 品牌名是一种重要的保障 |
[22:32] | Well, I’m going to wait it out– | 我还是到外面去等吧 |
[22:35] | And not for these morons, | 我已经不指望你们这些蠢货了 |
[22:36] | but for another agency to solve my problem. | 还是找别的广告公司来解决我的问题吧 |
[22:38] | Jesus, Annabelle, let it go. | 老天 安娜贝尔 你放手吧 |
[22:40] | The name is done. | 那品牌已经完了 |
[22:42] | It’s unfair, but it’s over. | 是不公平 但完了就是完了 |
[22:48] | – Annabelle! – Are you ready for the next group? | -安娜贝尔 -准备好进行下一组了吗 |
[22:58] | I don’t like the way you’re speaking to me. | 我不喜欢你跟我说话的语气 |
[23:00] | Everybody out. | 大家回避一下 |
[23:07] | Is this about last night? | 是昨晚的迁怒吗 |
[23:10] | I don’t even remember last night. | 我早已忘却昨晚发生了何事 |
[23:13] | Oh, well, you threw yourself at me and I turned you down. | 你扑到我身上 但我把你推开了 |
[23:16] | I’m right. You want to hurt me. | 我没猜错 你恶意针对我 |
[23:19] | No. No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[23:23] | You want to know if it was a great time? | 想听我说当年是段美好时光吗 |
[23:25] | It was. | 是的 |
[23:28] | Do you want to know if you broke my heart? | 想听我说你伤了我的心吗 |
[23:31] | Obviously. | 毫无疑问 |
[23:33] | Well, it was a mistake. | 是我的错 |
[23:38] | It’s nice to hear, but it doesn’t matter anymore. | 听你这么说我感到安慰 但已经无所谓了 |
[23:40] | It does to me. | 对我有所谓 |
[23:43] | When I was burying this man, | 当我给那个男人送葬的时候 |
[23:45] | All I thought was | 我脑海中只有一个念头 |
[23:47] | I’d have rather had my heart broken every day by you. | 我宁愿我心日日为你碎 也要与你在一起 |
[23:53] | You were the one. | 你就是我命中注定的男人 |
[23:57] | You weren’t. | 可惜你不是我命中注定的女人 |
[24:11] | Well, you’re lucky you found her. | 你很幸运 因为你最终找到了那个女人 |
[24:17] | Goodbye, Roger. | 再见 罗杰 |
[24:27] | I think it’s about four hours to Norwich, | 大概还有四小时到诺威奇吧 |
[24:30] | But the Norwich Inn might be a little past it, | 但诺威奇旅店可能更远一些 |
[24:32] | And we can check in till midnight. We’ll be fine. | 午夜前都可以登记入住 没事的 |
[24:49] | I’ll be right out. | 马上回来 |
[25:10] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[25:16] | I’ll be right back, Salamander. | 我马上就回来 小宝贝 |
[25:17] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[25:22] | I left my hat in the car. | 我把帽子忘在车里了 |
[25:23] | Get it later. | 一会儿再拿 |
[25:26] | I need to talk to you. | 我有话对你说 |
[25:30] | – Go upstairs. – We want to say hi to daddy. | -上楼去 -我们想跟爸爸打招呼 |
[25:34] | Upstairs. | 上楼 |
[25:42] | You’re home early. What did William do now? | 你提前回家了 威廉现在怎么样 |
[25:45] | Not right now, Don. | 现在不是说这个的时候 唐 |
[25:49] | Why didn’t you just call the office? | 为什么你不直接打电话到办公室 |
[25:51] | I came home to feed the dog and change shirts. | 我回来给狗喂食 换件衣服 |
[25:53] | I have a client dinner in the city. | 一会儿在城里有个应酬 |
[25:56] | I need to show you something. | 我要给你看点东西 |
[26:17] | – What’s going on? – Open this drawer. | -到底怎么了 -把抽屉打开 |
[26:23] | Betts, that’s my desk. | 贝蒂 那是我的桌子 |
[26:27] | Open the drawer or I will. | 你不打开的话 我会亲自动手 |
[26:32] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[26:36] | Betty, this is my desk. | 贝蒂 这是我的桌子 |
[26:38] | It’s private. | 私人领域 |
[26:41] | Where did you get these? | 你从哪儿拿的钥匙 |
[26:45] | You left them in the pocket of your bathrobe, | 你忘在浴袍口袋里了 |
[26:50] | But I could’ve had a locksmith in here anytime I wanted. | 我随时可以找个锁匠将它强行打开 |
[26:55] | I respected your privacy too long. | 我尊重你的隐私已经太久了 |
[26:58] | Open it. | 打开 |
[27:02] | No. | 不 |
[27:05] | You know I know what’s in there. | 你很清楚我知道里面有什么 |
[27:19] | I can explain. | 我可以解释 |
[27:25] | You didn’t have to look at my things. | 你没必要翻我的东西 |
[27:28] | Which things, Don? | 什么东西 唐 |
[27:32] | The pictures covered with other people’s names? | 写着另一个名字的你的照片吗 |
[27:37] | Is that you? | 是你吗 |
[27:39] | Dick– is that your name? | 迪克 是你的名字吗 |
[27:43] | People change their names, Betts. | 人都有可能改名字的 贝蒂 |
[27:47] | – You did. – I did | -你也改过 -我是改过 |
[27:49] | I took your name. | 从了你的姓 |
[27:53] | And so did this Anna woman, whoever she is. | 这个叫安娜的女人也一样 虽然我不知道她是谁 |
[27:58] | – I can explain. – I know. I know you can. | -听我解释 -我知道 你能解释 |
[28:01] | You’re a very very gifted storyteller. | 你可是讲故事的好手 |
[28:06] | Betts, I– | 贝蒂 我 |
[28:15] | I need a drink. | 我需要酒 |
[28:58] | Are you thinking of what to say or | 你是在酝酿要怎么说吗 |
[29:01] | are you just looking at that door? | 还是想着要从这扇门出去 |
[29:05] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿也不去 |
[29:22] | I’ll get you a drink. Just sit down. | 我给你拿喝的 你坐 |
[29:55] | You bought her a house. | 你给她买了房子 |
[30:01] | Where do you want me to start? | 你想让我从哪儿讲起 |
[30:05] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:07] | Donald Draper… | 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[30:12] | But it used to be Dick Whitman. | 但我以前叫迪克·惠特曼 |
[30:14] | And who’s that woman? Your other wife. | 那女人是谁 另一个妻子吗 |
[30:18] | It wasn’t… | 我跟她… |
[30:21] | Romantic. | 并非男女爱情关系 |
[30:24] | I ended up married to her because I ran away to join the army. | 因为我去参军 我们之间的婚姻也到了尽头 |
[30:40] | There was an accident. | 战场上出了事故 |
[30:44] | This guy was killed and I was injured. | 有个人死了 我也受了重伤 |
[30:50] | But they made a mistake. | 但他们登记错了 |
[30:55] | All I had to do was be him and I could leave Korea. | 而我只要借用他的身份就可以离开韩国 |
[30:58] | Be who? | 谁的身份 |
[31:01] | Donald Draper. | 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[31:03] | You took his name? | 你用了他的名字 |
[31:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:15] | Isn’t that against the law? | 这不是犯法的吗 |
[31:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:28] | I found out it was easier to be him than to start over. | 但我发现以他的身份生活比从头再来简单得多 |
[31:37] | It turned out he was married to that woman, | 后来我发现他已有家室 |
[31:39] | so I took care of her. | 所以我得照顾她 |
[31:44] | And then I divorced her the minute I met you. | 我与你相识之后 就与她办了离婚手续 |
[31:46] | You divorced her on Valentine’s Day, 1953– | 你跟她在1953年的情人节离婚 |
[31:51] | Three months before we got married. | 我们结婚的三个月前 |
[31:54] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[31:56] | Why couldn’t you tell me any of this? | 你为什么把这一切都紧紧地瞒着我 |
[31:57] | When? The day we met? | 什么时候告诉你 相遇那天吗 |
[32:01] | On our first date? On our wedding night? | 初次约会那天吗 新婚当晚吗 |
[32:04] | Why did you need to know? | 你为什么非得知道呢 |
[32:06] | You don’t get to ask any questions. | 你没资格问问题 |
[32:15] | You have a family. | 你还有家人 |
[32:20] | No, I don’t. | 不 我没有 |
[32:25] | All this time I thought you were some football hero | 我一直以为你是某个足球明星 |
[32:28] | who hated his father. | 因与父亲不和而隐姓埋名 |
[32:31] | I knew you were poor. | 我知道你出身贫困 |
[32:33] | I knew you were ashamed of it. | 我知道你以此为耻 |
[32:36] | I see how you are with money. You don’t understand it. | 我知道你的金钱观 你完全没有概念 |
[32:41] | I was very poor. | 我是很穷 |
[32:45] | Did you see her when you were in California? | 你之前去加州的时候见她了吗 |
[32:51] | I did… | 是的 |
[32:54] | And she reminded me that I loved you. | 但她更加让我知道 我爱你 |
[32:59] | What would you do if you were me? | 如果你是我 你会如何 |
[33:02] | Would you love you? | 你还会爱这样一个男人吗 |
[33:04] | I was surprised that you ever loved me. | 我很怀疑你是否真的爱过我 |
[33:07] | Am I supposed to feel sorry for you? | 我是不是该同情你啊 |
[33:15] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[33:16] | You obviously wanted me to know this | 你显然是想让我知道这些事 |
[33:18] | or you wouldn’t have left your keys, | 否则你不会故意丢下钥匙 |
[33:19] | You wouldn’t have kept all of this in my house. | 不会把这些证据统统放在我的房子里 |
[33:26] | Say something. | 说话啊 |
[33:33] | I didn’t think I had a choice… | 我觉得我别无选择 |
[33:38] | And I don’t know what the difference is. | 我也不知道这有什么不同 |
[33:42] | This is our house and those are our children. | 这是我们共同的房子 我们两个的孩子 |
[33:48] | Well, there’s a big difference– | 当然不同 |
[33:50] | You lied to me every day. | 你每天都对我撒谎 |
[33:56] | I can’t trust you. I don’t know who you are. | 我无法信任你 我都不知道你是谁 |
[34:01] | Yes, you do. | 你知道的 |
[34:11] | We’re not done. | 这事没完 |
[35:16] | Betts, I’m in here. | 贝蒂 我在这儿 |
[35:24] | How is he? | 他怎样了 |
[35:26] | He kicked his blankets off. | 踢被子了 |
[35:33] | Sit with me. | 坐我旁边 |
[36:00] | This was my father, Archibald. | 这是我父亲 阿基保尔 |
[36:06] | But this– | 但这位 |
[36:08] | That’s not my mother. | 这不是我母亲 |
[36:10] | My mother was a 22-year-old prostitute | 我母亲是个22岁的妓女 |
[36:14] | who died having me. | 生我时难产而死 |
[36:19] | This woman– | 这个女人 |
[36:22] | Abigail, Archie’s wife– | 阿比盖尔 阿基保尔的妻子 |
[36:27] | She raised me. | 她养育了我 |
[36:30] | When I was 10, | 我十岁的时候 |
[36:34] | Arch died and we moved. | 阿基保尔去世 我们搬了家 |
[36:40] | And Abigail took up with him– | 然后阿比盖尔和他在一起了 |
[36:48] | Mack. | 马克 |
[36:51] | Uncle Mack. | 马克叔叔 |
[36:55] | He was nice to me. | 他对我很好 |
[37:01] | What happened to them? | 他们后来怎么了 |
[37:05] | They’re all dead. | 都去世了 |
[37:10] | Even Adam? | 亚当也是吗 |
[37:14] | The little boy in all the pictures. | 有个小男孩几乎出现在每一张照片里 |
[37:18] | I assume he’s your brother. | 我猜是你的弟弟 |
[37:29] | He was my half-brother. | 是同父异母的弟弟 |
[37:36] | And he died. | 他也死了 |
[37:45] | He killed himself. | 自杀 |
[37:54] | He came to me because he wanted help… | 他需要帮忙 所以来找我 |
[38:02] | And I turned him away. | 但我拒绝了他 |
[38:08] | He didn’t even want help. He just– | 其实他不是需要帮忙 只是 |
[38:14] | He just wanted to be part of my life… | 只是想要和我一起生活 |
[38:21] | And I couldn’t risk all of this. | 但我却不肯冒险 |
[38:34] | He hung himself. | 最后他上吊了 |
[38:43] | I’m sorry. I am. | 我很抱歉 真的 |
[39:00] | Bob, how are you? | 鲍勃 最近如何 |
[39:03] | Listen, I’ve got a favor to ask you. | 听着 帮我个忙 |
[39:05] | I know this girl– actually you met her once– | 有个女孩 你见过一次的 |
[39:09] | Joan Holloway– | 琼·霍洛韦 |
[39:11] | Well, Harris. Redhead. | 现在姓哈里斯 红头发 |
[39:15] | Yes, she’s beautiful. | 对 很美的那个 |
[39:17] | Anyway, she’s expensive, | 当然 她的工资要求也很高 |
[39:19] | But you’re always complaining about | 你不是一直念叨着 |
[39:21] | needing someone to whip your place into shape, | 想找个人帮你打理生意吗 |
[39:24] | So think about it. | 考虑一下她吧 |
[39:27] | Yeah, I want to help her out. | 对 我想帮她找工作 |
[39:29] | She’s important to me. | 她对我很重要 |
[39:33] | Oh, Jane’s fine. Thanks for asking. | 简很好 多谢关心 |
[39:38] | Don’t be a stranger. | 别不给我面子哦 |
[40:01] | I’m sorry, Joanie. | 对不起 琼妮 |
[40:05] | And I’m gonna buy you another vase to put those in. | 我会给你买个新花瓶来装这些花的 |
[40:08] | I’m gonna buy you a lot of things. | 我会给你买很多东西 |
[40:10] | It’s not about buying things. | 不是买东西的事 |
[40:12] | I know, I know, but I’ve been an ass, | 我知道 我知道 我一直很混蛋 |
[40:14] | Feeling sorry for myself | 我为自己感到可耻 |
[40:16] | because I couldn’t solve this problem. | 因为我连工作也解决不了 |
[40:18] | And it was so easy, Joanie. | 但其实很简单 琼妮 |
[40:20] | The answer was right in front of me. | 答案就在眼前 |
[40:25] | I joined the army, Joanie. | 我参军了 琼妮 |
[40:28] | You’re gonna be taken care of. | 你会得到很好的待遇 |
[40:29] | We’re gonna be taken care of. | 我们都会得到很好的待遇 |
[40:31] | And the best part is I get to be a surgeon. | 而且我还可以当外科医生 |
[40:33] | They need them. | 他们需要医生 |
[40:36] | You joined the army? | 你参了军吗 |
[40:38] | I know I should’ve asked you, but I’ll do | 我知道应该提前征求你的意见 |
[40:40] | six weeks of basic training. That’s it. | 但我要做六个月的基本训练 就是这样 |
[40:43] | I’ll do my residency in New York. | 我会在纽约参加实习 |
[40:45] | – And then what? – And then I might have to go somewhere. | -然后呢 -然后我就会被派遣 |
[40:49] | West Germany, maybe Vietnam if that’s still going on, | 西德 如果战争没完的话还可能是越南 |
[40:52] | But a lot of docs don’t have to go anywhere, | 但大多数医生不会被派遣 |
[40:54] | especially if they have families. | 尤其是那些有家室的 |
[40:56] | And I’ll go in as a captain. | 而且我是以上尉的身份参军 |
[40:57] | Do you know what that means? | 知道这代表着什么吗 |
[41:00] | You don’t have to work anymore. | 你不用再工作了 |
[41:04] | – I don’t know what to say. – oh, Joanie, | -我不知道该说什么 -琼妮 |
[41:06] | Please tell me this will make you happy, | 说你为我感到高兴吧 |
[41:08] | Because it will make me happy to give you everything you want. | 因为能给你想要的一切 是我最大的幸福 |
[41:14] | It’s wonderful, Greg. | 太棒了 格雷格 |
[41:24] | And no more soup. | 别再弄汤了 |
[41:26] | Get your coat. We’re going out. | 穿上外套 我们出去吃 |
[41:28] | – We should. – That’s my girl. | -好的 -我的好女孩儿 |
[43:01] | Do you want something? | 需要些什么吗 |
[43:06] | Are you gonna have something? | 你有给我准备吗 |
[43:09] | Daddy, are you going to trick or treat? | 爸爸 你要跟我们一起出去要糖果吗 |
[43:11] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[43:34] | I’ll see you tonight. | 今晚再见 |
[43:39] | I didn’t think you were coming in today. | 我没想到您今天要来 |
[43:41] | I canceled my plans. | 我把出行计划取消了 |
[43:43] | Do you want me to reschedule your lunch | 需要我重新安排您与联合水果公司的 |
[43:44] | with Jeff Stansbury at United Fruit? | 杰夫·斯坦斯伯里先生之间的午餐吗 |
[43:47] | No, I have plenty to do. | 不用 我有很多事要忙 |
[43:59] | – Hello. – I stopped by earlier. | -喂 -我刚去过你那儿 |
[44:01] | – No one answered. – I was running all morning. | -没人应门 -我整个早晨都在跑步 |
[44:06] | – About last night– – What happened? | -关于昨晚 -发生什么了 |
[44:09] | Did you get caught? | 被抓住了吗 |
[44:16] | It’s more complicated than that. | 比你想的要复杂得多 |
[44:21] | So I suppose I’m not going to see you anymore? | 意思就是我不能再见你了吗 |
[44:26] | Not right now. | 暂时不能 |
[44:29] | No. | 不能 |
[44:37] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[44:41] | Only you would ask about me right now. | 现在也只有你会关心我了 |
[44:46] | Do I have to worry about my job? | 我的工作不会有问题吧 |
[44:50] | No. | 不会 |
[44:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:58] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[45:00] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[45:03] | Goodbye, Suzanne. | 再见 苏珊娜 |
[45:15] | He’s home! Let’s go! | 他回来了 出发 |
[45:16] | Shh. You’ll wake the baby. | 嘘 小心把宝宝吵醒了 |
[45:27] | – Do I look like a gypsy? – Yes. | -我像吉普赛人吗 -像 |
[45:31] | Let’s go, let’s go! | 出发 出发 |
[45:36] | – Do you want anything? – No. | -需要什么吗 -不需要 |
[45:39] | Should I take the carriage or just carry him? | 用拿婴儿车载他出去还是直接抱着 |
[45:41] | It’s cold out there. | 外面很冷 |
[45:43] | You can stay here with him or I can. | 你在家里陪他吧 要不我来 |
[45:49] | No. | 不 |
[45:53] | Good. | 行 |
[45:56] | What’s taking so long? | 别磨磨蹭蹭啦 |
[46:16] | Trick or treat! | 不给糖就捣蛋 |
[46:19] | Well, hello there. Look at this. | 你们好啊 看看你们 |
[46:21] | We’ve got a gypsy and a hobo. | 一个吉普赛人 一个流浪汉 |
[46:27] | And who are you supposed to be? | 后面两位是谁呢 |