时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Donald Draper’s office. | 唐纳德·德雷柏办公室 |
[00:52] | In addition to the two major cough drop users: | 止咳药片的主要消费人群 |
[00:55] | Smokers and cold sufferers, | 除了烟民和感冒患者之外 |
[00:56] | is another group that eats them as candy… | 另一个经常服用的人群 |
[00:59] | The technical term is “Hypochondriacs.” | 我们一般把他们称为忧郁症患者 |
[01:07] | Donald Draper. | 我是唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[01:14] | Donald Draper’s office. | 唐纳德·德雷柏办公室 |
[01:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[01:19] | You said not to buzz you all the time, | 你叫我不要老是按铃打扰你 |
[01:21] | but I don’t know how else to do this. | 我也不知道该怎么办 |
[01:22] | You have a phone call. | 有你的电话 |
[01:24] | You can buzz me for a phone call. | 如果是有电话 你可以按铃提醒我 |
[01:26] | Things like coffee after I’ve said no, | 如果我说了不要咖啡 |
[01:28] | You don’t have to ask again. | 你就不用再问第二遍 |
[01:29] | You’re always asleep in here. | 那是因为你总在这里睡觉 |
[01:32] | Walter Hoffman from “The times.” He’s a reporter. | 《纽约时报》的记者沃特·霍夫曼找你 |
[01:34] | – What’s it regarding? – You want me to go ask? | -找我什么事 -你要我现在去问吗 |
[01:40] | I think we’re done here. | 先这样吧 |
[01:43] | “New York times.” | 《纽约时报》啊 |
[01:49] | This is Don. | 我是唐 |
[01:50] | Hi, it’s Walter Hoffman from “The New York times.” | 你好 我是纽约时报的记者沃特·霍夫曼 |
[01:52] | I write the advertising column. | 我负责广告界新闻专栏 |
[01:54] | I know who you are. What can I do for you, Walter? | 我知道 有什么事吗 沃特 |
[01:57] | I just wanted to know if you’d heard | 你听说了吗 |
[01:58] | that Cutler, Gleason & Chaough just signed Clearasil. | C.G.C刚签下了克利拉斯的广告单 |
[02:03] | I don’t keep track of accounts once we resign them. | 客户一旦和我们解约 我们就不再关心他们的去向 |
[02:06] | I just think it’s kind of interesting that first C.G.C. | 他们先从你手中先抢走了回力球的广告 |
[02:09] | Takes the Jai Alai association from you and now this. | 现在又抢走了克利拉斯 |
[02:11] | – How do you explain it? – I don’t think about it. | -不知你作何感想 -从未挂心 |
[02:14] | Well, I talked to Ted Chaough | 我和泰德·赵联系过了 |
[02:15] | and he said, “Every time Don Draper looks in his rearview mirror, | 他说 每当唐·德雷柏看向汽车后视镜时 |
[02:19] | he sees me.” | 都会看见我 |
[02:20] | You have a partners’ luncheon. | 合伙人午宴要开始了 |
[02:22] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[02:23] | My point is: Do you have a response? | 我想说 你打算对此作何回应 |
[02:26] | – On the record? – Please. | -我的话会公开发布吗 -是的 |
[02:28] | I’ve never heard of him. | 我从没听说过这个人 |
[02:31] | Anything else? | 还有其它事吗 |
[02:34] | No. Have a good day. | 没了 祝你今天愉快 |
[02:42] | This Selma thing is not going away. | 塞尔玛事件愈演愈烈了 |
[02:45] | You still don’t think they need a civil rights law? | 你还是觉得他们不需要《民权法》吗 |
[02:47] | They got what they wanted. Why aren’t they happy? | 他们得到他们要的了 为什么还不满足 |
[02:49] | Because Lassie stays at the Waldorf and they can’t. | 因为连宠物狗都能下榻华尔道夫酒店 他们却不行 |
[02:52] | Please tell me I missed everything. | 你们是不是已经谈完了 |
[02:54] | I now call to order a meeting of the partners. | 我宣布 合伙人会议现在开始 |
[02:56] | Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce in attendance. | 出席人 斯特林 库珀 德雷柏 普莱斯 |
[02:59] | Everybody. | 人齐了 |
[03:02] | Very well then. Mr. Campbell. | 好吧 先有请坎贝尔先生 |
[03:04] | Secor laxative has finally agreed to produce a television commercial | 赛可通便剂终于同意拍摄电视广告 |
[03:08] | and test market it. | 并开拓试销市场 |
[03:09] | How’d you ease them into it? | 你怎么说服他们的 |
[03:11] | Must’ve had to loosen them up first. | 首先肯定得让他们吃点甜头吧 |
[03:13] | We’ve had that client for 18 years, Roger. | 这个客户跟了18年了 罗杰 |
[03:16] | Pete has other news. | 皮特还有一个好消息 |
[03:18] | A deerfield chum of mine | 我的一个好友 |
[03:20] | roped me into a dinner for the Asia society, | 执意带我参加一个亚洲协会的晚宴 |
[03:22] | The result of which was a series of interesting phone calls | 之后我和他们通了几次电话 |
[03:25] | and one lunch | 吃了一顿午餐 |
[03:26] | regarding the Honda motorcycle company. | 并探讨了和本田摩托公司的合作问题 |
[03:28] | They control over 50% of the U.S. Market. | 他们在美国的市场占有率达到50% |
[03:30] | I’ve seen them. They’re cute. | 我见过那种车 非常可爱 |
[03:33] | They’re miserable at Grey. | 他们在精信广告公司待遇非常悲惨 |
[03:35] | Well, 50% of the market? Who wouldn’t be? | 50%的市场占有率 谁不会呢 |
[03:37] | “Where’s my other half?” | “我剩下的一半去哪了” |
[03:39] | They’re taking meetings and | 他们正商讨新的广告合作事宜 |
[03:41] | as of 9:00 this morning, we’re on the books. | 也就是今天上午9点的事 我们的希望很大 |
[03:44] | $3 million in potential billings | 300万美元的大单 |
[03:46] | and they’re venturing into automobiles as well. | 他们还准备向汽车领域进军 |
[03:48] | When can you bring ’em in? | 什么时候能把他们带过来 |
[03:50] | Listen, let me spare you the agony and the ecstasy | 听着 你们的顾虑或欣喜都是毫无必要的 |
[03:51] | and tell you we are not doing business with them. | 因为我们不会和他们合作的 |
[03:55] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[03:56] | Look, I don’t expect you to understand this | 听着 我不指望你能理解 |
[03:58] | Because you were a little boy, | 因为你还太年轻了 |
[04:00] | But I used to be a man with a lot of friends. | 我曾经有很多朋友 |
[04:01] | World war II came | 然后二战爆发 |
[04:03] | and they were all killed by your new yellow buddies. | 他们都死在你口中的”黄种朋友”刺刀下 |
[04:09] | Look… | 听着… |
[04:11] | If Bernbach can do business with Volkswagen, | 如果伯恩巴克都能和大众合作 |
[04:13] | we can do business with anybody. | 我们就能和任何人合作 |
[04:14] | The war is over, Roger. | 战争已经结束了 罗杰 |
[04:16] | Why don’t we just bring Dr. Lyle Evans in here? | 何不干脆把莱尔·埃文斯博士请过来 |
[04:18] | That’ll be enough of that. | 够了 |
[04:22] | Lucky strike is great. Meeting adjourned. | 跟幸福时光香烟的合作很愉快 会议到此为止 |
[04:31] | We don’t usually put new business to a vote, do we? | 对于新客户的选择 我们一般不用投票决定吧 |
[04:35] | Does anyone really have a problem with this? | 这样的大客户 你们还有意见吗 |
[04:37] | No. When can you bring ’em in? | 没有 你什么时候能带他们过来 |
[04:39] | Immediately, if possible. I don’t want to lose our spot. | 越快越好 我可不想错过机会 |
[04:42] | So far I’ve been advised to read the “The chrysanthemum and the sword.” | 目前有人建议我读《菊与刀》 |
[04:45] | From what I can tell, they have their own way of doing business. | 在我看来 他们有他们的做事方法 |
[04:48] | Bert, I’m hoping you’ll help us navigate these waters? | 伯特 希望你能帮我们解决一下这个难题 |
[04:51] | I’ll prepare a few salient points. | 我会准备几个要点 |
[04:54] | Keep Roger out of the loop. | 别让罗杰掺和进来 |
[04:56] | A rather exciting possibility. | 真是令人兴奋 |
[04:59] | Good work. | 干得好 |
[05:01] | Joan, get everybody that book. | 琼 保证那本书人手一份 |
[05:03] | At least want them to see it on people’s desks. | 至少得让他们看到桌子上有 |
[05:05] | Who the hell is Dr. Lyle Evans? | 谁是莱尔·埃文斯博士 |
[05:09] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[05:20] | Come in. | 进来 |
[05:26] | – Sally? – Hello. | -萨丽 快打招呼 -你好 |
[05:29] | I brought my doctor kit. | 我把我的医疗用具带来了 |
[05:36] | Okay, I’m gonna go. | 我该走了 |
[05:38] | Enjoy yourself. Which one is it? | 玩的开心点 在哪一家 |
[05:41] | I mean, which restaurant in case I need to reach you. | 我是说 万一我要找你 该打哪家饭店的电话 |
[05:45] | Benihana’s. | 芭堤雅餐厅 |
[05:46] | You’re going to see a girl, aren’t you? | 你要去约会 是吗 |
[05:48] | Yes I am. | 是的 |
[05:49] | – What’s her name? – Bethany. | -她叫什么 -贝瑟妮 |
[05:52] | I don’t like that. | 我不喜欢这名字 |
[05:54] | Well, you don’t have to. | 用不着你喜欢 |
[05:56] | Bed by 9:00 | 九点让他们睡觉 |
[06:14] | Jesus. What did you do? | 天啊 你干嘛了 |
[06:16] | She looks like a mongoloid. | 她看起来像个蒙古人 |
[06:19] | – Is it that bad? – Bobby, go to bed. | -有那么难看吗 -博比 去睡觉 |
[06:20] | – Sally, get over here. – No. | -萨丽 到我这来 -不 |
[06:23] | Good night. | 快去睡 |
[06:26] | Come over here. | 过来这边 |
[06:29] | I’m not mad. Come on. | 我不生气 快来 |
[06:39] | Your dad is gonna kill me. | 你爸爸会杀了我的 |
[06:43] | He’s actually gonna kill me. | 我死定了 |
[06:46] | You have short hair and daddy likes it. | 你也是短发 我爸就很喜欢 |
[06:48] | That doesn’t matter. You’re not allowed to do this | 和我无关 你不能这么做 |
[06:50] | and you know that. | 你知道的 |
[06:53] | Are you and daddy doing it? | 你和我爸爸做过吗 |
[06:55] | – What? – I know what it is. | -什么 -我知道那回事 |
[06:58] | I know that the man pees inside the woman. | 男人和女人做的那档事儿 |
[07:01] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪儿听来的 |
[07:03] | A girl at school. | 学校的一个女孩儿说的 |
[07:06] | You should talk to your mommy. | 你应该和你妈妈谈谈 |
[07:07] | I don’t want to. | 我不想 |
[07:08] | Well, you don’t need to know right now, | 你现在不用知道这些事 |
[07:10] | So stop changing the subject. | 不要转移话题了 |
[07:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:15] | Do you understand I’m in worse trouble than you are? | 你知道我现在的麻烦比你还要大吗 |
[07:19] | I just wanted to look pretty. | 我只是想变得漂亮些 |
[07:25] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[07:27] | We’re gonna try and fix this, okay? | 我们来看看还能不能补救 |
[07:41] | You’re not impressed. | 你似乎不太开心 |
[07:43] | My hair smells like I’ve been frying chicken. | 我头发上满是油烟味儿 |
[07:45] | Stop it. | 快别这么说 |
[07:50] | This place is very expensive. | 这里很贵的 |
[07:51] | That’s not it. It’s just not very intimate. | 不是这个问题 这种就餐方式显得不够亲密 |
[07:55] | Three dates in five months? | 五个月来只约会三次 |
[07:56] | Don’t think I don’t know why. | 你以为我不知道为什么吗 |
[07:58] | If it isn’t the inscrutable Don Draper. | 这不是神秘的唐纳德·德雷柏吗 |
[08:01] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[08:03] | This is my wife Nan. | 这是我夫人 南 |
[08:05] | – This is my friend Bethany. – Ted Chaough. | -这位是我朋友贝瑟妮 -泰德·赵 |
[08:08] | – Don Draper. – Pleasure. | -唐纳德·德雷柏 -幸会 |
[08:10] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[08:11] | We just booked Howard Moses to shoot Clearasil. | 我们预约了霍华德·莫西给克利拉思拍摄广告 |
[08:13] | – You ever work with him? – Not yet. | -你和他合作过吗 -没有 |
[08:16] | I thought I was clever, | 我以为我够聪明了 |
[08:17] | but it looks like you and I had the same idea. | 但看起来你和我不相上下 |
[08:19] | – What are you talking about? – What do you think? | -你在说什么 -你觉得呢 |
[08:22] | Honda? You think the rest of these tourists | 本田 你觉得剩下这些人会不会是 |
[08:24] | are from J Walter Thompson? | 智威汤逊广告公司派来的 |
[08:26] | I suppose it’s possible. | 我觉得有这种可能 |
[08:27] | The good news is it’s gonna be between us. | 好消息是 最终的竞争对手只会是你和我 |
[08:29] | The bad news is the best man’s gonna win. | 坏消息是 狭路相逢唯有勇者才能决胜 |
[08:33] | Enjoy your dinner. | 祝您进餐愉快 |
[08:35] | – We will. – Nice to meet you. | -当然 -幸会了 |
[08:40] | – What are you doing, Ted? – My Job. | -泰德 你这是在干嘛 -工作啊 |
[08:46] | – Who’s he? – Some fly I keep swatting away. | -他是谁 -避之唯恐不及的臭苍蝇 |
[08:51] | They haven’t done half of what we have. | 他们的广告作品尚不及我们的一半 |
[08:53] | The minute he declared himself the competition, | 但他却自称是我们的竞争对手 |
[08:55] | suddenly we were equal. | 似乎如此就和我们平起平坐了一样 |
[08:57] | Well, as far as I’m concerned, he’s no competition at all. | 恕我愚见 他实在无法与你相提并论 |
[09:03] | Hello? | 怎么了嘛 |
[09:05] | We’re not gonna let is spoil our evening, are we? | 不能让这事破坏了我们的浪漫之夜 是吧 |
[09:10] | No. | 正是 |
[09:14] | Do you know how to use those? | 你居然会用筷子 |
[09:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:20] | Think you could teach me? | 教教我吧 |
[09:34] | What time did they go to bed? | 他们几点睡的 |
[09:35] | I’m really really sorry. | 真的十分抱歉 |
[09:40] | – They still up? – No. | -他们还没睡吗 -不是 |
[09:41] | It’s just… I was watching TV with Bobby | 我和博比一起看电视 |
[09:45] | and I turned around for a second | 疏忽了一下 |
[09:46] | and Sally cut her hair. | 萨丽就把她的头发剪掉了 |
[09:48] | What? | 什么 |
[09:50] | It’s pretty bad. | 真的很糟糕 |
[09:52] | I could’ve just left them alone. | 我还不如让他们自己在家呢 |
[09:53] | She was in the bathroom. I didn’t know. | 她当时躲进了厕所 我也不知道 |
[09:57] | You were supposed to watch them. | 你有责任看好他们的 |
[09:59] | Don’t. I finally got her to sleep. | 别 我好不容易才让她睡着的 |
[10:03] | Do you know the River of Shit I’m gonna get from her mother? | 你知道她母亲会怎样苛责我吗 |
[10:07] | I’m sorry about that. I tried to fix it, | 很抱歉 我试着补救了 |
[10:09] | But you’ll probably need to take her to the beauty parlor. | 但你可能需要带她去美容院一下 |
[10:13] | Why the hell would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[10:14] | She probably wanted to look older, like Hayley Mills. | 她可能是想学海莉·米尔斯扮大人吧 |
[10:17] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[10:19] | – I really shouldn’t. – Consider it severance. | -我不该拿 -就当退职费吧 |
[10:27] | – Look… – I don’t want your advice, okay? | -听我说… -我不需要你的建议 明白吗 |
[10:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:51] | It’s probably the kids. | 大概是孩子们回来了 |
[10:57] | – Hi, mom. – Did you have a nice time? | -妈妈 -玩得开心吗 |
[11:01] | Yeah. | 开心 |
[11:07] | Take that hat off. | 把帽子摘了 |
[11:12] | Let me explain, okay? | 听我解释 好吗 |
[11:14] | – What the hell happened to you? – Calm down. | -你该死的怎么回事 -冷静点 |
[11:16] | – You cut her hair? – No. | -你剪了她头发 -不是 |
[11:17] | I cut it. I’m sorry. | 我自己剪的 抱歉 |
[11:19] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[11:21] | – It was an accident. – Jesus. | -是个意外而已 -天呐 |
[11:23] | Betts, is that necessary? | 贝蒂 有必要动手吗 |
[11:25] | I’m really really sorry. | 我真的真的很抱歉 |
[11:27] | Damn right you’re sorry. Get up to your room. | 你的确应该感到抱歉 上楼回你房间 |
[11:28] | – Hold on. – No, now. | -等等 -快去 |
[11:32] | It’ll be okay. | 没事的 |
[11:33] | Bobby, take your little brother outside and play. | 博比 带你弟弟出去玩 |
[11:41] | – You didn’t have to hit her. – You’re right, | -你不该打她 -你说得对 |
[11:44] | Because it doesn’t do anything! | 因为这根本无关紧要 |
[11:46] | You have picture day. | 学校还要拍合照呢 |
[11:48] | – Forget about your sleepover. – Kids do this. | -最近别想去小朋友家过夜 -小孩子不懂事而已 |
[11:51] | – You never did this? – All I wanted was to have long hair. | -你就没做过吗 -我小时候就想要长头发 |
[11:54] | In fact when my mother was mad at me, | 事实上 我妈生我气的时候 |
[11:55] | she would threaten to cut my hair. | 才会威胁说要剪我头发 |
[11:58] | – Where the hell were you? – Look, it just happened. | -你当时人呢 -那只是个意外 |
[12:00] | The sitter wasn’t paying attention. | 保姆一下子没注意 |
[12:01] | You know what? I don’t want to know about your life. | 我不想知道你过的什么日子 |
[12:03] | You can’t even watch them for a second. | 你就不能照看他们一会吗 |
[12:05] | It’s like leaving them with nobody. | 非得随便找个人来照看他们 |
[12:06] | Because you’re so good with them? | 难道你照顾得就很好吗 |
[12:09] | Take her to the hairdresser. | 带她去修一下头发 |
[12:12] | Goodbye. | 我走了 |
[12:19] | Betty. | 贝蒂 |
[12:19] | Henry, I don’t want to hear it. | 亨利 别劝我 |
[12:22] | I want him dead! | 我真恨不得他死 |
[12:24] | You don’t think I feel that? | 你以为我无法理解你此刻的感受吗 |
[12:28] | I was divorced, Betty. | 我也离过婚 贝蒂 |
[12:30] | My weekends with Ellie were sacrosanct. | 每周末和埃莉在一起简直就是上天的恩赐 |
[12:33] | I probably paid for a building in play land | 恨不得买下游乐场的整幢楼 |
[12:35] | And he couldn’t take a night off? | 而他都不能在家呆一晚陪孩子们吗 |
[12:36] | And who knows who he had watching her? | 而且谁知道他找谁照看孩子了 |
[12:38] | Some secretary, another whore? | 是秘书 还是哪个淫妇 |
[12:41] | But… | 但是 |
[12:44] | That’s him, not Sally. | 怪他就好 别怪萨丽 |
[12:48] | Little girls do do this, | 小女孩都是这样的 |
[12:51] | And not just ones from broken homes. | 并非只有家庭破裂的孩子才会有此举动 |
[12:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:00] | I was impulsive. | 我太冲动了 |
[13:02] | I’ll apologize. | 我会跟她道歉 |
[13:05] | Having had a girl this age, | 我女儿也曾这么大 |
[13:06] | I can tell you that punishment will only make this worse. | 据我的经验 体罚只会坏事 |
[13:12] | So when you’re up there apologizing, | 所以你等下上楼道歉的时候 |
[13:14] | you let her know that she’s going to go to the hairdresser | 告诉她 你会带她去修头发 |
[13:17] | and she can go on her sleepover. | 她也可以去小朋友家睡 |
[13:20] | Reward her? | 奖励她 |
[13:22] | – Really? – Really. | -真得这样 -真的 |
[13:33] | You’re soft, you know that? | 你心真软 你知道吗 |
[13:46] | There you are. The Honda meeting’s today. | 你终于来了 和本田公司的会议就约在今天 |
[13:49] | And before you bite my head off, | 先别着急上火 |
[13:50] | I’m up to date on the protocol with the help of Cooper. | 承蒙库珀相助 我终于约到他们商谈合作事宜 |
[13:52] | We don’t have to do anything | 万事俱备 只欠东风 |
[13:53] | but avoid criticizing them or giving advice. | 但别给他们挑刺 也别提任何建议 |
[13:56] | I ran into Ted Chaough. | 我碰到了泰德·赵 |
[13:59] | How are they in this thing and how could you not know that? | 他们怎么也掺合进来 而你居然会不知道 |
[14:01] | This guy’s drafting off of us. | 简直是降低我们的格调 |
[14:02] | For the record, | 我正式声明一下 |
[14:03] | it’s J.W.T., C.G.C. and us. | 智威汤逊 C.G.C. 还有我们共同竞争 |
[14:06] | Now if you don’t mind, I have to get some gifts wrapped | 现在失陪一下 我得去包装几个礼物 |
[14:08] | and get these chrysanthemums out of the building. | 再把这些菊花扔出去 |
[14:10] | Apparently they symbolize death. | 在日本 菊花居然象征死亡 |
[14:12] | So much conflicting information. | 太多的文化冲突 |
[14:20] | Allow me to show you around. | 请允许我带各位参观一下 |
[14:24] | Our offices are probably more modern than you’ve seen, | 办公室可能比各位见过的都更现代 |
[14:26] | but that’s the kind of company we are… forward-thinking. | 我们公司就是这样的 很有前瞻性 |
[14:33] | This is what we call the creative lounge. | 这里就是我们所谓的”闲情创意区” |
[14:35] | We can’t tell you how it happens, | 我们也解释不清其中的科学道理 |
[14:37] | but it does happen here. | 但这里确实很能激发新创意 |
[14:39] | This is too difficult. | 这话太难翻译了 |
[14:41] | Well, tell them something. | 那就随便说点儿什么 |
[14:46] | This is Joan Harris, our chief hostess. | 这位是琼·哈里斯 我们的秘书主管 |
[14:48] | I’d like you to meet Ichiro Kamura and Hachi Saito. | 这两位是加村一郎和斎藤八 |
[14:52] | Nice to meet you. I hope no one’s taken you to Benihana. | 幸会 希望尚未有人带各位去红花铁板烧 |
[14:56] | David Ogilvy. | 大卫·奥格威带着去过了 |
[14:58] | I’ve got a very good list of steakhouses. Just ask. | 我知道不少店牛排做得好的 问我就行 |
[15:09] | Not very subtle, aren’t they? | 还真有些”不拘小节” 是吧 |
[15:10] | No, they are not. | 的确 |
[15:15] | We are most happily looking forward to presentation. | 我们非常期待看到贵公司的创意展示 |
[15:21] | Not now, I hope. | 希望不是现在 |
[15:23] | We want more driver for motorcycle. | 我们希望更多的消费者选择我们的摩托车 |
[15:28] | And we shall endeavor to make that happen. | 我们必将为此鞠躬尽瘁 |
[15:31] | And now that we are finished, | 正事既已谈完 |
[15:33] | Please accept our modest gifts. | 请接受我们的一点薄礼 |
[15:37] | I cannot accept. | 这可不敢当 |
[15:40] | A small token. | 小小心意 |
[15:44] | No thank you. | 实不敢当 |
[15:46] | Please. You are our guests. | 请收下 远来即是客 |
[15:49] | Thank you. | 恭敬不如从命 |
[15:53] | – Open it. – No. Later, of course. | -打开看看 -不 当然是晚点再拆 |
[15:58] | It’s a cantaloupe. | 是个哈密瓜 |
[16:03] | Johnny Walker red. | 这里是红方威士忌 |
[16:10] | – Thank you very much. – Thank you. | -非常感谢 -谢谢 |
[16:16] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know this meeting was happening. | 抱歉 没人通知我今天要开会啊 |
[16:20] | Then again, I know how some people love surprises. | 然后我转念一想 可能是有人想给我惊喜 |
[16:23] | I apologize, gentlemen, | 抱歉 各位 |
[16:25] | But for some reason I was not informed. | 但我确实未接到开会通知 |
[16:27] | In fact, someone set a long lunch for me with Randolph. | 事实上 有人帮我约了兰道夫共赴午宴 |
[16:30] | Well, it was last minute and now, unfortunately, drawn to a close. | 会议是临时决定的 但现在会议已经结束了 |
[16:34] | I have to warn you they won’t know it’s over | 我必须警告你 他们可不懂什么叫”结束” |
[16:36] | until you drop the big one… | 除非你扔下原子弹 |
[16:38] | Twice. | 还得扔两颗 |
[16:39] | The meeting is not over. | 会议尚未结束 |
[16:41] | We have yet to present the rules. | 我们还未出示竞争规则 |
[16:43] | So now you’re dictating terms. | 什么时候轮到你们制定[投降]条件了 |
[16:51] | Mr. Kamura, Mr. Saito, this is Roger Sterling. | 加村先生 斋藤先生 这位是罗杰·斯特林 |
[16:55] | This is their translator Akira Takahashi. | 这位是翻译高桥明 |
[17:00] | We give each firm $3,000 | 我们给每家公司三千美元 |
[17:05] | for a competitive presentation. | 作为参与广告创意竞争的费用 |
[17:09] | In this packet are the conditions for the competition. | 此文件夹内就是参与竞争的条件 |
[17:12] | We don’t want any conditions. We want it to be unconditional. | 我们不跟你们谈条件 需要的是无条件[投降] |
[17:17] | Akira, go ahead, tell ’em what I said. | 高桥先生 继续 我的话照翻 |
[17:19] | Roger, stop it. | 罗杰 住嘴 |
[17:20] | – These men are our guests. – I know exactly who these men are. | -他们都是客人 -我清楚知道他们是谁 |
[17:23] | You think you can just come in here and we’ll fawn all over you? | 你们以为就施施然过来 我们都得奉承你们 |
[17:25] | We beat you and we’ll beat you again. | 我们打败了你们 还将再次打败你们 |
[17:28] | We don’t want any of your Jap crap. | 日本人的钱我们也不屑赚 |
[17:31] | So Sayonara. | 所以 好走不送 |
[17:40] | If you could only know my embarrassment. | 我的歉意言语实在无以表达 |
[17:46] | His wife’s very sick. He’s been drinking a lot. | 他妻子病重 他一直在借酒浇愁 |
[17:55] | You have our rules. | 规则已经分明 |
[17:57] | We very much look forward to your prestation. | 我们非常期待贵公司的创意展示 |
[18:14] | You don’t get to kill this account. | 你不许搞砸这单 |
[18:15] | Well, you know how they are. Maybe it’ll kill itself. | 你知道他们的 说不定到最后还是死在自己手上 |
[18:17] | Enough. | 够了 |
[18:18] | I’m not even talking about money right now. | 我现在说的甚至不是钱的问题 |
[18:20] | I’m talking about the kind of work you could do for those people. | 而是这样的产品 能让我们有多么大的发挥空间 |
[18:22] | Have you seen that motorcycle? They love design. | 你见过本田的摩托吗 设计得非常好 |
[18:24] | As long as my name’s in that lobby, | 只要我还是这公司的合伙人 |
[18:25] | I get to choose whom I do business with. | 我就能选择想跟谁做生意 |
[18:27] | I’ve got a lot better reasons than you had with Jantzen. | 你之前也拒绝与詹特伦泳装合作 我的理由比你正当的多 |
[18:30] | Jantzen was over. | 詹特伦泳装的事已经过去了 |
[18:32] | I made a pledge to a lot of men you’ll never meet | 我跟很多当时的战友承诺过 |
[18:34] | Not to do business with them. | 不跟日本人做生意的 |
[18:36] | Christ on a cracker, where do you get off? | 见你娘的鬼 你什么时候才能消停 |
[18:38] | You know what? You weren’t there. You weren’t anywhere. | 你没上过战场 没经历过那些 |
[18:41] | I’m sorry you can’t understand. | 很遗憾你不能理解 |
[18:42] | It’s been almost 20 years. | 二战都过去将近20年了 |
[18:44] | Whether you like it or not, the world has moved on. | 不管你喜不喜欢 大家都得向前看 |
[18:47] | These are not the same people. | 他们跟二战的日本鬼子也不一样 |
[18:48] | How could that be? I’m the same people! | 怎么可能 我还是同一个我 |
[18:50] | You don’t think I know what you’re doing? | 你以为我不知道你的如意算盘 |
[18:53] | You’re wrapping yourself in the flag | 高举着爱国的旗帜 |
[18:54] | so you can keep me from bringing in an account | 其实是为了让我做不成这一单 |
[18:56] | Because you know every chip I make, | 因为你知道我每做成一单 |
[18:58] | We become less dependent on lucky strike | 我们对幸福时光香烟的依赖就越低 |
[19:00] | and therefore less dependent on you. | 公司对你的依赖也就越低 |
[19:03] | – Why you little… – Roger! | -你这个小杂种… -罗杰 |
[19:09] | Get him out of here. | 让他滚出去 |
[19:11] | The rest of us are trying to build something. | 我们几个都在努力有所建树 |
[19:19] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[19:34] | Where would you hide a coin? | [你会把硬币藏在哪儿] |
[19:35] | You’d spend it, wouldn’t you? | [你会将它花掉 不是吗] |
[19:38] | Well, I do know where it is. I’ll tell you. | [我知道藏在哪 我来告诉你] |
[19:41] | Then tell me. | [那就说吧] |
[19:42] | I’ll make a bargain with you. | [先跟你做笔交易] |
[19:44] | Let these two go. Keep me. I’ll tell you. | [先放他们俩走 我就告诉你] |
[19:49] | – Promise. – No. | [-我保证 -不行] |
[19:52] | Then no deal. | [那就算了] |
[20:16] | – What are you doing? – Nothing. | -你在做什么 -没什么 |
[20:19] | Laura. | 劳拉 |
[20:22] | Go upstairs. | 上楼去 |
[20:34] | Hold still. I’ll get it. | 别动 我去打发了就来 |
[20:40] | What’s the problem? Is she sick? | 怎么了 她病了吗 |
[20:43] | I would’ve come and gotten her. | 你可以打电话叫我去接她的 |
[20:45] | No. The slumber party ended early. | 不是 睡衣派对提前结束 |
[20:50] | I’d like to speak to Betty. | 我想跟贝蒂谈谈 |
[20:53] | Okay. Honey? | 好的 亲爱的 |
[20:59] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧 |
[21:01] | No, it’s not. | 不 有事 |
[21:04] | Could you leave us alone for a moment? | 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[21:11] | I found Sally behaving inappropriately. | 我发现萨丽有一些不当行为 |
[21:15] | What’d she do? | 她做什么了 |
[21:18] | She was in our den on the couch | 她在我们家沙发上… |
[21:20] | Playing with herself. | 自慰 |
[21:24] | What? | 什么 |
[21:25] | I don’t know what goes on here, | 我不知道你们家什么规矩 |
[21:28] | but that kind of behavior is not allowed in my house | 反正那样的行为绝不允许在我家出现 |
[21:30] | And certainly not in the presence of my daughter. | 更不允许在我女儿面前发生 |
[21:35] | I am… | 我… |
[21:39] | Very sorry for this behavior | 对此非常抱歉 |
[21:43] | And so is Sally. | 萨丽也是 |
[21:47] | I would’ve done the same thing. | 您的严厉做法非常正确 |
[21:54] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:58] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[22:11] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[22:16] | You don’t do those things. | 这种事不是你该做的 |
[22:17] | You don’t do them in private | 私下里不许做 |
[22:18] | and you especially don’t do them in public. | 当众更不许做 |
[22:23] | – You have nothing to say? – I didn’t do anything. | -你没话说吗 -我什么都没做 |
[22:25] | Don’t you dare lie to me. I’ll cut your fingers off. | 你再敢撒谎 我把你手指砍了 |
[22:29] | Go to bed. We’ll deal with this in the morning. | 睡觉 明早我再治你 |
[22:36] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[22:42] | I’m mortified. | 太丢脸了 |
[22:46] | I’m so embarrassed. | 简直无地自容 |
[22:49] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[22:52] | She caught Sally… | 她发现萨丽… |
[22:56] | playing with herself. | 在自慰 |
[23:05] | What’s wrong with her? | 她到底是怎么了 |
[23:07] | That woman will tell everybody. | 那个女人会传的人尽皆知 |
[23:11] | Why is she doing this? | 她为什么这么做 |
[23:14] | I told you if it got serious, | 我告诉过你 如果问题很严重 |
[23:16] | There is a solution. | 还有最后一个办法 |
[23:18] | I don’t want to do that, Henry. | 我不想那样做 亨利 |
[23:20] | It’s one thing after another. | 她的举动一次比一次出格 |
[23:22] | What’s wrong with her? | 她到底是怎么了 |
[23:25] | Maybe it’s time we let a professional answer that question. | 也许是时候找专业人士解答这个问题了 |
[23:28] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[23:32] | I went to a psychiatrist once. | 我曾经去看过心理医生 |
[23:36] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[23:40] | Because I was unhappy. | 因为我曾经很抑郁 |
[23:41] | And I don’t think it helps anything. | 我觉得心理治疗根本没什么用 |
[23:48] | I hate to think how much worse | 我实在不敢想象 |
[23:49] | it would have been for Eleanor without one. | 如果埃莉诺没去看心理医生会是什么样 |
[23:52] | They train them just for kids. | 他们是专门为孩子服务的 |
[23:54] | We got ours from the school. | 我们上学的时候也有 |
[23:57] | I’m saying this not because I’m so sure | 我这么说并不是因为我认为 |
[23:58] | there’s something wrong with her, | 她一定有问题 |
[24:00] | but I think this is very hard on you two. | 我只是觉得你们母女二人恐怕难以承受 |
[24:06] | – When did you go? – Years ago. | -你什么时候去的 -几年前 |
[24:10] | I was bored. | 我当时烦恼之至 |
[24:12] | – Can we leave it at that? – Of course. | -我们可以不提这个吗 -当然 |
[24:40] | Miss Blankenship, any luck on that call to California? | 布兰肯希普小姐 打给加州的电话有回讯吗 |
[24:43] | I’m sorry. No answer. | 抱歉 没有 |
[24:45] | Misters Peters and Pryce to see you. | 皮特和普莱斯先生想见您 |
[24:49] | Send them in. | 请他们进来 |
[24:52] | I think we’re okay, but everything they do is inside out. | 我觉得我们还可以 但他们做事讲求干净利落 |
[24:55] | I got a call this morning from my contact Masao | 今早我接到联系人政尾先生的电话 |
[24:57] | telling me that the meeting was a Margaret Dumont-sized disaster, | 他告诉我说上次的会议简直是个巨大的灾难 |
[25:01] | but then… Lane? | 然后 莱恩 你来说 |
[25:03] | Then nearly 20 minutes later Masao called me | 20分钟后政尾先生给我打电话 |
[25:05] | and set a time for our presentation. | 为我们的创意展示定了时间 |
[25:08] | Look, there’s probably a guy like Roger at every firm. | 可能每个公司都有一个像罗杰那样仇日的人 |
[25:10] | They’ve outgrown it and we haven’t. | 他们早已习惯 只有我们还耿耿于怀 |
[25:13] | Roger has something to say. | 罗杰有话要说 |
[25:17] | Mr. Cooper and Mr. Sterling. | 库珀先生 斯特林先生 |
[25:21] | I realize that I should not at this point | 我意识到 在公司当前的困难时期 |
[25:23] | limit our potential clients in any way. | 我不应该拒绝任何一个潜在客户 |
[25:26] | Next account, no matter what it is, you’ll have my full support. | 下一单 无论是谁 我都会全力支持 |
[25:30] | And? | 还有呢 |
[25:32] | Look, I know it’s an old one | 听着 我知道战争已经过去很久了 |
[25:34] | and I have to let it go just for my health alone, | 就算是为了我的健康考虑 我也必须释怀 |
[25:38] | and, uh… well, hell, it’s over. | 还有… 见鬼 没有了 |
[25:41] | Your contrition wouldn’t have gotten you out of this, | 你无论如何忏悔都无法挽回之前的过错 |
[25:43] | but you’re lucky. | 但你很幸运 |
[25:44] | They called and gave us an appointment anyway. | 他们打电话来预约了展示时间 |
[25:47] | That means nothing. It’s over. | 那没有任何意义 已经结束了 |
[25:50] | No, Bert, I said we have a meeting. | 不 伯特 我刚说了 我们还有展示的机会 |
[25:52] | It’s most likely that they are expecting us to come in and resign. | 他们可能是希望我们当场主动退出竞争 |
[25:57] | How do you get there from here? | 你是如何得出这一结论的 |
[26:01] | Have we received a gift? | 我们收到过礼物吗 |
[26:05] | We should have gotten one yesterday. | 我们应当昨天就收到一份礼物 |
[26:06] | I haven’t. | 我没有 |
[26:08] | Miss Blankenship, have I received any packages today? | 布兰肯希普小姐 今天有我的包裹吗 |
[26:11] | Yes. | 有 |
[26:14] | Could you bring it in, please? | 请你拿进来 好吗 |
[26:22] | It says “Don” On it. | 是唐的包裹 你不可以动 |
[26:24] | Give it to him. | 给他 |
[26:32] | “Help me, Honda, help help me, Honda. Love, Teddy Chaouh.” | 帮帮我 本田 帮帮我 本田 赵 敬上 |
[26:39] | – So there is no gift. – That’s how they work. | -也就是说确实没有礼物 -这就是他们的工作方式 |
[26:42] | They want us to go in there, | 他们希望我们进去 |
[26:43] | bow down and beg them to chop our heads off | 然后低声下去地退出 |
[26:45] | because we disgraced ourselves. | 因为我们自取其辱 |
[26:47] | How could you admire these animals? | 你怎么能对这些禽兽赞许有佳 |
[26:48] | Would you shut up? They’re businessmen | 你能闭嘴吗 他们是商人 |
[26:50] | and you insulted them to their face. | 而且你当面侮辱了他们 |
[26:51] | I’m expecting a child. | 孩子都比你懂事 |
[26:55] | Jai alai, Clearasil, now Honda. | 回力球 克利拉思 现在是本田 |
[26:58] | Chaough wins another one by default. | 如果我们不出席 赵又会轻松赢一局 |
[27:00] | – He’s not going to win. – I’m not wasting that appointment. | -他们不会赢的 -我不会浪费那次见面 |
[27:03] | We need to do something that will make them notice us… | 我们需要做些什么 让他们注意到我们 |
[27:06] | fireworks. | 要高调 |
[27:07] | – Do you have a campaign? – No. | -你有创意了吗 -还没 |
[27:09] | But I will and we’re gonna shoot a whole commercial for it… | 但是我会想出一个 然后拍一则广告 |
[27:11] | Something outrageous, something graphic. | 要大胆前卫 画面感强 |
[27:13] | The rules limit us to boards and copy. | 规则要求我们只提供展示板和文案 |
[27:16] | It specifically says no finished work. | 特别声明不要成品 |
[27:18] | Because no one’s ever won an account by breaking the rules? | 难道打破规矩就争取不到客户了吗 |
[27:21] | – Not with the Japanese. – You’re trying to tell me that | -至少没争取过日本客户 -你是想告诉我 |
[27:24] | if we put our backs into this, we couldn’t turn their heads? | 就算我们全力以赴 也无法改变他们的想法吗 |
[27:26] | $3,000 is all we have. | 我们只有三千美元的预算 |
[27:29] | That should buy about four seconds of your commercial. | 最多只能拍个4秒钟的广告 |
[27:32] | You don’t think it’s worth going out of pocket? | 你觉得为这个广告掏腰包不值得吗 |
[27:34] | What pocket? | 什么腰包 |
[27:35] | A spec commercial will eat up our ability | 拍一个广告样品代价高昂 |
[27:37] | to pitch anymore new business this year. | 支付完这笔费用 我们今年再也别想做其他广告了 |
[27:40] | It’s only March. | 而且现在才五月 |
[27:41] | I would be willing to risk bankrupting this place | 如果不到山穷水尽的地步 |
[27:43] | if I didn’t think we were already dead in the water… | 我也不会冒破产的风险去拍这则广告 |
[27:47] | But we are. | 但我们确实已经弹尽粮绝了 |
[27:52] | Come on, Bert. | 走吧 伯特 |
[28:11] | – Hello? – Am I catching you alone? | -喂 -你现在身边没有人吧 |
[28:15] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[28:16] | I prefer not to talk about this on the phone, | 我本不想在电话里和你说 |
[28:18] | but it’s our feeling that Sally needs to see a psychiatrist. | 但我们觉得萨丽应该去看心理医生 |
[28:22] | Our feeling. | “我们觉得” |
[28:24] | Why, because she cut her hair? | 为什么 就因为她剪头发的事吗 |
[28:26] | No, it’s more serious this time. | 不 这次更出格 |
[28:27] | I’m telling you because I found someone through the school… | 我现在告诉你是因为我已经通过学校找到了一个专家 |
[28:30] | A children specialist. | 儿童问题专家 |
[28:32] | What exactly did she do? She set the house on fire? | 她到底干什么了 杀人放火吗 |
[28:35] | She was masturbating, Don, in front of a friend. | 唐 她在朋友面前手淫 |
[28:38] | Does that seem normal to you? | 你觉得正常吗 |
[28:41] | Really? | 真的 |
[28:44] | Boy or girl? | 男孩面前还是女孩面前 |
[28:45] | Jesus. What’s the difference? | 天呐 这有什么区别 |
[28:48] | The doctor needs to speak with us, | 医生要和我们谈谈 |
[28:50] | Individually of course. | 当然了 是单独谈 |
[28:52] | So you’ve made up your mind. Why are you even calling me? | 既然你已经做了决定 为什么还要打给我 |
[28:55] | She’s out of control. I thought you’d be concerned. | 她已经失控了 我认为你应当引起注意 |
[28:57] | I am. I just don’t know that she needs a doctor. | 当然 我只是不知道她已经需要医生了 |
[28:59] | Can’t you talk to her? | 你就不能和她谈谈吗 |
[29:00] | You think I want this? I don’t know what else to do. | 你以为我想这样吗 我不知道还能做什么 |
[29:03] | You know what kind of little girls do that? Fast ones. | 你知道什么样的女孩才这样做吗 妓女 |
[29:06] | She’s 10 years old. | 她才十岁呢 |
[29:08] | Well, don’t think she doesn’t understand. | 别认为她什么都不懂 |
[29:09] | She understands a lot of things thanks to you. | 拜你所赐 她知道的东西可不少 |
[29:12] | – What? – I don’t care what you do, | -什么 -我不管你如何风流快活 |
[29:13] | but just don’t do it with her there. | 但别当着她的面勾三搭四 |
[29:15] | You brought another man into your bed, | 你的床上还接纳了另一个男人 |
[29:17] | into her house. You don’t think she noticed that? | 那也是她的家 你以为对她没有不良影响吗 |
[29:19] | One man, Don. How many have you had in your bachelor pad? | 我只接纳了一个男人 唐 你又搞了多少女人 |
[29:23] | That girl you had watching her? Who’s she? | 那个照看她的女孩 她是谁 |
[29:25] | I’m married. | 我和亨利是合法夫妻 |
[29:26] | Jesus. You ever hear yourself? | 天呐 听听你说话的腔调 |
[29:29] | I’ll give the information to your secretary. | 我会把所有材料传送给你的秘书 |
[29:31] | – Perfect. – Good night. | -最好不过 -晚安 |
[29:51] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[29:55] | Have you seen these? | 你看过这个吗 |
[29:56] | I’m trying to figure out what makes it work. | 我还在想这玩意儿的原理是什么 |
[29:58] | I’m still wondering what makes you work. | 我在想你要怎么才会踏实工作 |
[30:01] | Joan, Pete, Peggy. | 琼 皮特 佩吉 跟我来一趟 |
[30:06] | Don’t touch it. I want to see how long it goes. | 别碰它 我要看看它能持续多长时间 |
[30:17] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:21] | “A man is shamed” | 一个男人被羞辱 |
[30:23] | by being openly ridiculed and rejected. | 被当众嘲笑 颜面扫地 |
[30:25] | “It requires an audience.” | 耻辱被他人见证 当知耻而后勇 |
[30:27] | What is that? Fortune cookie? | 那是什么 福饼里的箴言吗 |
[30:29] | It’s from that book you were all supposed to read. | 选自《菊与刀》 就是你们都该读的那本书 |
[30:33] | Apparently making a commercial for the Honda pitch would bankrupt us. | 显然 替本田拍摄一条广告会让我们倾家荡产 |
[30:36] | And it’s against the rules. | 而且不符合规则 |
[30:37] | Forget the rules for a second. | 先别提规则 |
[30:38] | C.G.C. is the same size as us. | C.G.C.和我们的规模相当 |
[30:40] | If we can’t afford to do anything, they can’t afford too. | 如果我们做不起 他们也是一样 |
[30:43] | So everybody’s bankrupt. | 那么所有人都会破产 |
[30:45] | Chaough said he’s in my rearview mirror. | 赵说他紧追在我身后 随时可能超越 |
[30:47] | Guess what? | 你猜怎样 |
[30:48] | I’m gonna make a left turn right off a cliff. | 我要悬崖勒马 棋行险招 |
[30:53] | All I have to do is let chaough think I’m making a commercial | 我要做的就是让赵认为我在制作广告 |
[30:56] | and he’ll make one. | 然后他也会制作 |
[30:57] | – So what’s our campaign? – We don’t have a campaign. | -那我们的广告策划呢 -我们没有广告策划 |
[31:00] | We’re not doing anything. | 我们什么都不做 |
[31:02] | He just needs to think we are. | 只要让他觉得我们在做就行了 |
[31:03] | So what? He’s going to make a commercial. | 然后呢 他会制作一则广告 |
[31:05] | What if it’s fantastic? He’ll win the account. | 如果很棒怎么办 他就赢了 |
[31:09] | Let me worry about that. | 这个就交给我吧 |
[31:12] | I know she’s the best rep there is, | 我知道她是那最好的接待员 |
[31:14] | but she told me you were unavailable. | 但是她告诉我你已经被聘用了 |
[31:16] | I am. Clearasil doesn’t wrap until Friday night, | 是的 克利拉思的广告要到周五晚上才能拍完 |
[31:18] | but maybe you could push it. It sounds interesting. | 但或许你可以让他们加加速 这听上去很有趣 |
[31:24] | Well, Howard, I’m going to insist on your discretion at this point. | 霍华德 我需要你慎重对待这个广告 |
[31:27] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:29] | It’s going to be four to five days. | 整个过程要四到五天 |
[31:32] | Just a minute. | 等一下 |
[31:33] | Could you get the door? | 你能先开门吗 |
[31:41] | I’m sorry. I thought we’d put this in here. | 抱歉 我想把它放在这 |
[31:43] | Later. | 等会再说 |
[31:45] | – Sorry about that. – That’s okay. | -抱歉 -没关系 |
[31:49] | – You didn’t see that. – No, of course not. | -就当你什么都没看见 -当然 |
[31:52] | – That’s Draper, isn’t it? – Yes. | -那是德雷柏 是吗 -是的 |
[31:55] | Anyway, it’s 12 scenes. | 我们继续 这是十二组镜头 |
[31:58] | One of them obviously has a crowd. | 其中一组需要人头攒动的景象 |
[32:00] | You’ll need to figure out | 你得想想 |
[32:00] | how to shoot on the Staten island ferry, | 怎么在斯塔顿岛渡口拍摄 |
[32:02] | to it and from it and how you’re going to close fifth Avenue. | 正面镜头和背后镜头 还有封锁第五大道的问题 |
[32:06] | I’ll be honest. I’d give anything to do this, | 老实说 我会尽我所能的做 |
[32:09] | but right now I’m too busy. | 但时下我没空 |
[32:11] | Anyway, you know I’d much rather shoot your Honda commercial. | 不管怎样 我还是更愿意拍摄你们公司的本田广告 |
[32:15] | I don’t have one. | 我还没有任何创意 |
[32:18] | Why the hell did they call you in? | 他们为什么叫你 |
[32:19] | – They know I’ve got you booked. – How can they afford that? | -他们知道我预约了你 -他们怎么付的起钱 |
[32:23] | Get that kid in here who worked for Draper. | 把那个曾经替德雷柏工作的小孩叫进来 |
[32:27] | Anticipation. Suspense. | 预知 悬念 |
[32:36] | A Honda tears through a subway tunnel, | 一辆本田摩托从地下隧道飞驰而来 |
[32:38] | the train nipping at its tire. | 火车紧随其后 |
[32:41] | He keeps looking back, the train roaring at him. | 他不断回望 火车轰鸣 |
[32:45] | He’s wearing a racing helmet. | 他带着头盔 |
[32:47] | And then you see him head up the steps. | 然后只见他驾车上了台阶 |
[32:49] | – Can they do that? – Howard’ll make them do that. | -这种画面能拍出来吗 -霍华德可以做到 |
[32:52] | Then he gets out on the sidewalk, | 然后他驶达人行道 |
[32:53] | stops, kicks down the kickstand, | 停车 一脚蹬下车撑 |
[32:56] | takes off the helmet | 摘下头盔 |
[32:58] | and he is a she… California blonde. | “他”原来是女人 加州金发女郎 |
[33:01] | Hands down, that’s your best idea. | 毫无疑问 这就是你的最佳创意 |
[33:03] | We’ll bring a guy to the pitch in a racing helmet, | 我们让观众觉得是个男人戴着头盔骑车 |
[33:05] | Have him take it off… it’s a sexy girl. | 摘掉头盔 原来是个性感尤物 |
[33:08] | – What? – We only have $3,000. | -什么 -我们只有三千美元预算 |
[33:10] | We’re not shooting Shit. | 这种烂创意我们是不会拍的 |
[33:16] | How long did you work for Draper? | 你替德雷柏工作了多长时间 |
[33:17] | A little over two years. | 两年多 |
[33:19] | When you were in a bake-off, he ever break the rules? | 你们做广告策划的时候 他曾经打破过客户的规则吗 |
[33:22] | I don’t know. He wouldn’t have shared it with me, | 我不知道 他不肯告诉我 |
[33:24] | but definitely doesn’t think the rules apply to him. | 但那些规则显然对他不适用 |
[33:26] | He once disappeared for a month. | 他曾经凭空消失一个月 |
[33:28] | Does he like to play games? | 他喜欢耍手段吗 |
[33:30] | He’s always thinking on the edges of where you are. | 他总是喜欢出其不意 |
[33:34] | I don’t know. He’s… he’s a genius. | 我不知道 他 他是个天才 |
[33:37] | You ever talk that way about me? | 你有这么夸过我吗 |
[33:40] | You know what? Why don’t you go work for your boyfriend? Get out. | 不如你去替你”男友”工作吧 滚出去 |
[33:43] | And give me 20 different words for “Pimples.” Out! | 想想看”蠢货”还有哪几种说法 滚出去 |
[33:49] | Call Barbara about Howard here | 打电话告诉芭芭拉 霍华德已经到了 |
[33:50] | and contact the city of New York. | 再联系一下纽约市政府 |
[33:52] | We need a subway. | 我们需要一条隧道 |
[34:17] | How are you doing? | 还好吗 |
[34:20] | Excuse me. Can I help you? | 不好意思 请问有何贵干 |
[34:23] | We’re, uh… we’re late. | 我们 我们迟到了 |
[34:25] | No you’re not. Closed set. Sorry. | 不行 拍摄场地严禁外人进入 抱歉 |
[34:55] | oh, you scared me. | 噢 你吓到我了 |
[34:59] | Who are you feeding today? | 你今天又招待谁呢 |
[35:02] | Royal travellers Samsonite. | 新秀丽旗下的”贵旅人”产品开发商 |
[35:08] | This is like a coconut. | 这东西跟椰子一样坚硬 |
[35:11] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[35:15] | There was a trapeze artist. | 有一个表演空中飞人的家伙 |
[35:17] | He made more in an hour here | 他在这儿一小时赚的钱 |
[35:19] | than he makes in a week at the circus. | 要比在马戏团一周赚的还要多 |
[35:23] | Have you ever had this? Sake? | 你喝过这个吗 日本清酒 |
[35:26] | No. | 没有 |
[35:30] | I don’t know how people drink the way you do around here. | 我搞不懂你们为何这么爱饮酒 |
[35:33] | I’d fall asleep. | 我肯定会昏昏欲睡的 |
[35:39] | What’s it like being a trapeze artist? | 当空中飞人是什么感觉 |
[35:42] | Or did you just ask him about his luggage? | 或者你只问了他现在的感受 |
[35:46] | It’s good. | 味道不错嘛 |
[35:49] | He was surprisingly modest. | 他非常谦虚 |
[35:51] | His father does it better than him. | 他的父亲比他更出色 |
[35:54] | He actually said that? | 他真这么说的吗 |
[35:55] | Best part of my job. | 让我很有成就感 |
[35:57] | You’d be surprised | 你永远想不到 |
[35:58] | what people will say to an interested stranger. | 人们会对一个好奇的陌生人吐露怎样的心声 |
[36:02] | Why does everybody need to talk about everything? | 为什么每个人都喜欢倾诉呢 |
[36:04] | I don’t know, but they do. | 我不知道 但人们确实会这么做 |
[36:07] | And no matter what happens while they’re talking, | 不管他们在倾诉的时候发生什么事 |
[36:08] | when they’re done they feel better. | 等他们说完了 会感觉舒服很多 |
[36:14] | You have kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[36:17] | No. | 没有 |
[36:18] | Where’s your husband? | 你丈夫呢 |
[36:23] | I’m not married. | 我还没结婚呢 |
[36:26] | But you’re wearing… you’re divorced? | 但是你手上戴着… 你离婚了吗 |
[36:30] | No. | 不是 |
[36:33] | This is just a stop sign. | 这只是个”请勿打扰”的昭告 |
[36:35] | I walk into a lot of offices | 我穿梭于众多办公室之间 |
[36:37] | and it’s helped me avoid a lot of distracting conversations. | 这枚戒指为我免去了不少麻烦 |
[36:41] | But you told me. | 但你告诉了我实话 |
[36:45] | Do you have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[36:48] | I do. | 是的 |
[36:49] | Two boys and a girl… | 两个儿子 一个女儿 |
[36:50] | One and a half, seven and 10. | 幼子一岁半 次子7岁 长女10岁 |
[36:54] | I’m sure it must be hard to be apart. | 我想 不能跟他们在一起一定很难受吧 |
[36:58] | I don’t see them enough. | 我跟他们在一起的时间并不多 |
[37:01] | And when I do, I don’t know what to do. | 但当他们在我身边时 我又无所适从 |
[37:04] | When I drop them off I feel relieved. | 我送他们回家时 甚至有一种如释重负的感觉 |
[37:09] | And then I miss them. | 但然后我又会想他们 |
[37:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:17] | It is not going well. | 最近越来越不顺心 |
[37:21] | My ex-wife thinks my daughter needs a psychiatrist. | 我的前妻认为我女儿需要精神科医师的辅导 |
[37:27] | And I assume you’re against that. | 我想你一定是坚决反对的吧 |
[37:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:36] | Well, I can’t say there’s any evidence to support this, | 我知道我这么说也没什么根据 |
[37:39] | But I’m pretty sure if you love her and she knows it, | 但我相信 只要你爱她 而她能感受到这一点的话 |
[37:42] | She’ll be fine. | 她就会没事的 |
[37:51] | Well, thank you for the drink. | 谢谢你的酒 |
[37:55] | I should be going. | 我该走了 |
[37:57] | Fake dinner plans with your fake husband? | 和不存在的丈夫共赴晚餐吗 |
[38:02] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[38:10] | Now from what you told me on the phone | 根据你在电话上向我提供的信息 |
[38:12] | This year’s been quite eventful for your family. | 这一年对你的家庭来说实属多事之秋 |
[38:16] | I know it seems fast, | 我知道变故发生得太过迅速 |
[38:17] | but I felt children had no concept of time | 但我觉得孩子们对时间并没有明确的概念 |
[38:21] | and Henry’s really taken to them. | 而且亨利真的很爱他们 |
[38:23] | He has a daughter and she’s such an exceptional young woman. | 他有一个女儿 是个非常出色的名媛 |
[38:28] | Well, if you choose to have Sally work with me, | 如果你一定要让萨丽来接受精神辅导 |
[38:30] | I’d like to meet her | 我想先见见她 |
[38:31] | and then interview you and your ex-husband. | 然后再和你 以及你的前夫谈谈 |
[38:34] | Well, I doubt you’ll ever meet him. | 我估计你不会有机会见到他 |
[38:36] | That’s his level of interest. | 他从来不参与这种事 |
[38:41] | Is this most recent incident of the most concern for you? | 最近就这一件事引起了你的担忧吗 |
[38:45] | Well, I know the divorce is mostly to blame, | 我知道主要原因在于我和她父亲的离婚 |
[38:48] | but she’s been different ever since my father died. | 但自从我父亲去世后 她就有些反常 |
[38:52] | He lived with us briefly. | 他生前曾和我们暂居过一段时间 |
[38:56] | They were very close. | 他们的关系非常亲密 |
[39:04] | I wish he had met Henry. | 他要是见过亨利就好了 |
[39:07] | That’s my husband. | 也就是我现在的丈夫 |
[39:10] | They would’ve gotten along. | 他们一定会相处的十分融洽 |
[39:14] | My mother… I don’t know. | 我母亲 我说不清 |
[39:16] | My goodness, if I had done what Sally did… | 老天啊 如果我做了和萨丽一样的事 |
[39:18] | My mother was very strict about it. | 我母亲对这事很严格 |
[39:21] | My brother, he saved his money and bought a nudist magazine | 我哥哥 他曾经省下零用钱买了一本裸体杂志 |
[39:26] | and showed it to me. | 还翻给我看 |
[39:28] | And then my mother found it | 然后我妈妈发现了 |
[39:29] | and she nailed it to his bedroom door. | 就将那本杂志钉在了他卧室的门上 |
[39:34] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[39:40] | I was private and mostly outgrew it. | 我不喜欢谈论这些东西 |
[39:44] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[39:46] | – Dr. Keener… – call me Dr. Edna. | -肯纳医生 -叫我艾德娜医生 |
[39:49] | That’s what the kids do. | 孩子们都是这么叫的 |
[39:53] | Of course I know children do this… | 当然了 我知道孩子们喜欢这么做 |
[39:56] | But not in public. | 但在公共场合不会 |
[40:02] | I feel like Sally did this to punish me somehow for everything. | 我觉得萨丽这么做只是为了惩罚我的所作所为 |
[40:07] | That must be a terrible feeling. | 这种感觉一定很糟糕吧 |
[40:10] | It is. | 确实 |
[40:13] | You have to believe me. I had to get divorced. | 你必须相信我 离婚是我唯一的出路 |
[40:18] | I felt it best for them to have some stability in their life. | 我觉得他们应该享有稳定的生活 |
[40:21] | And in the end, she doesn’t understand that it’ll be better. | 可到最后 她却完全不理解我是为她好 |
[40:27] | Sounds to me like it wouldn’t be bad for you to talk to someone. | 听上去你也应该找个心理医生好好谈谈 |
[40:31] | No. No, I’m okay. | 不 不 我没事 |
[40:36] | Well, I think it’d be helpful if you and I were to meet once a month | 我觉得你也应该和我谈谈 每月一次 |
[40:40] | Just you know, to keep up with Sally’s progress. | 只是为了跟进萨丽的治疗进展 |
[40:43] | Will you tell me what she talks about in here? | 你会把和她的谈话内容告诉我吗 |
[40:47] | No. | 不会 |
[40:48] | And the other way around as well. | 但同样的 我也不会把你说过的话告诉她 |
[40:50] | Oh, that’s better. | 那倒还好 |
[40:53] | So I think we should start at four days a week. | 我觉得一开始最好每周安排四天 |
[40:56] | Let me go get my date book. | 我去拿一下工作安排簿 |
[41:28] | – Where’s your film? – What film? | -你的广告胶片呢 -什么胶片 |
[41:30] | That’s how you’re shaking it? | 你打算装疯卖傻吗 |
[41:32] | – I heard it stunk. – We didn’t make one. | -我听说很烂 -我们没有拍摄广告 |
[41:34] | – It’s too expensive. – Well, then you’re out of luck, Donny. | -那玩意儿太贵了 -那你这次可不走运了 小唐 |
[41:37] | ’cause I sure wouldn’t want to follow what I showed them | 在我的精彩展示过后 你单凭口头阐释和图片样板 |
[41:39] | with a speech and a couple of posters. | 显然是白费力气 自不量力 |
[41:57] | Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. | 斯库德普广告公司的高层 |
[41:59] | Donald Draper. | 唐纳德·德雷柏 |
[42:01] | Where is Mr. Cooper and Mr. Campbell? | 库珀先生和坎贝尔先生为何没来 |
[42:07] | – And Sterling? – They couldn’t make it. | -还有斯特林先生 -他们抽不开身 |
[42:11] | You created this set of rules | 你们制定了这些规则 |
[42:13] | to even the playing field. | 为的是创造公平竞争的环境 |
[42:16] | It says specifically no finished work. | 其中明确提到不需要成品 |
[42:20] | I understand not everybody has observed this. | 我敢肯定 不是每个人都注意到了这一点 |
[42:24] | I don’t really want to be a part of a competition like that | 我实在无意参与这样的角逐 |
[42:27] | So I’m withdrawing us. | 所以本公司正式退出竞争 |
[42:46] | Thank you for thinking of us. | 谢谢你们能想到我们 |
[42:49] | Good afternoon. | 午后愉快 |
[43:01] | The voiceover announcer for lucky has a severe case of chest congestion. | 幸福时光广告的旁白播音员患了严重胸闷 |
[43:05] | Get the boy wonder on it. | 去找那个”有为青年”解决吧 |
[43:07] | – Greg, accounts? – No, Pete. | -那个业务员格雷格吗 -不 皮特 |
[43:11] | Have a drink. It’ll make me look younger. | 先喝一杯 可以让我显得年轻一些 |
[43:14] | I’m not gonna watch you feel sorry for yourself. | 我可不想看着你顾影自怜 |
[43:17] | I feel sorry for all of us. | 我觉得我们都是可怜虫 |
[43:19] | Don’s over there surrendering right now. | 唐在那边正举白旗投降呢 |
[43:21] | Would you stop? | 你能省省吗 |
[43:25] | There was a kid on the destroyer… | 当时驱逐舰上有个孩子 |
[43:28] | P.F.C. Brycen… | 一等兵 布里森 |
[43:30] | And he was an honest-to-goodness poet. | 他是个纯真的诗人 |
[43:33] | – And then during… – Roger. I don’t want to hear it. | -然后在… -罗杰 我不想听你说这个 |
[43:36] | My husband’s gonna be in uniform any day now. | 我丈夫随时可能戎装裹身 奔赴战场 |
[43:39] | How do you think he’s gonna feel when one day some Pete Campbell | 那你觉得有一天他的国人和越南人密切往来 |
[43:43] | goes to some Vietnamese doctor? | 他会作何感想 |
[43:47] | Since when is forgiveness a better quality than loyalty? | 什么时候宽恕敌人竟比忠贞爱国更重要呢 |
[43:51] | Roger, I know it was awful | 罗杰 我知道那是一段可怕的记忆 |
[43:54] | and I know it’ll never seem like it was that long ago, | 而且永远都会挥之不去 |
[43:57] | but you fought to make the world a safer place | 但你参加战争是为了世界的和平 |
[44:00] | and you won | 你也凯旋归来 |
[44:02] | and now it is. | 现在正该好好享受和平的恩赐 |
[44:04] | You think so? | 你这么想吗 |
[44:05] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[44:07] | I have to. | 我只能这么想 |
[44:10] | – Anything else? – No. | -还有什么别的事吗 -没有 |
[44:20] | Good afternoon. Your daughter’s psychiatrist called. | 下午好 你女儿的心理医生打电话过来了 |
[44:25] | Lower your voice, please. | 你能小点儿声吗 老天啊 |
[44:41] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[44:43] | I just spoke with Mr. Saito. | 我刚跟斋藤先生通过电话了 |
[44:45] | It seems Honda was never going to leave Grey, | 似乎本田那边从来没打算和精信广告公司解约 |
[44:48] | but of the three princes invited to meet the princess, | 但在参与竞争的三位广告公司代表中 |
[44:51] | you were the most charming. | 你的魅力是最不可挡的 |
[44:53] | We’re first in the door on their little car. | 本田车的广告案角逐 我们遥遥领先 |
[44:55] | – And C.G.C.? – Out of the running. | -C.G.C.呢 -没希望了 |
[44:59] | We killed him. | 我们将他绝杀了 |
[45:01] | That stunt you pulled was unseemly. | 你出奇制胜 值得嘉奖 |
[45:06] | – The only reason I let you continue… – let me? | -我之所以让你一意孤行… -你让我? |
[45:10] | Do you think Joan can rent stage space without talking to me? | 你觉得没有我的帮助琼能租到那个拍摄场地吗 |
[45:15] | I let you because I realized that our financial future | 我允许你这么做是因为我意识到 |
[45:19] | was related to Mr. Chaough’s demise. | 只有将赵彻底击垮 我们才能绝处逢生 |
[45:22] | So what is it? | 现在算什么 |
[45:24] | Are you thanking me or reprimanding me? | 你这是在谢我还是骂我 |
[45:26] | Let’s not pretend like this wasn’t a big risk. | 我们必须承认 这是一次冒险之举 |
[45:28] | We’re thanking you. | 我们在谢你呢 |
[45:33] | Send over what you have on the car. | 说说那款车的情况 |
[45:35] | It redlines at 9,500rpm, | 最高转速为每分钟9500 |
[45:38] | but it only has 57 horsepower. | 但马力只有57 |
[45:41] | – What? – It’s a motorcycle with doors. | -什么 -说白了 那只是带门的摩托车 |
[45:45] | The nice thing is it has windows | 好在那车配有车窗 |
[45:48] | so you can see your brains | 万一发生车祸 |
[45:49] | spatter against it when it crashes. | 你可以清楚地看到自己的脑浆飞溅在车窗上 |
[45:52] | They’re working on it. | 他们还在努力改进呢 |
[45:53] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[46:07] | Hello, Sally. | 你好啊 萨丽 |
[46:11] | I’m Dr. Edna. Why don’t you come inside? | 我是艾德娜医生 先进来吧 |