时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | Feel that torque? | 感觉到强大的扭矩了吗 |
[00:41] | It’s like riding a hard-on. | 简直像骑着”擎天巨柱” |
[00:43] | Come on, floor it. | 加点油 踩下去 |
[00:44] | My little girl’s got a heavier foot. | 我女儿的脚劲都比你大 |
[00:47] | I’m going back. | 我要回去了 |
[00:48] | Knock it off, Mikey. | 别闹了 麦奇 |
[00:49] | Go on the shoulder. I want to shoot this sign. | 靠边点开 我要射中那个路牌 |
[00:52] | Put the gun away, Jack. | 把枪收起来 杰克 |
[00:55] | Jesus, what the hell are you doing? | 老天爷 你他妈搞毛啊 |
[01:10] | Arnie, you should eat something. | 阿诺 你该吃点东西 |
[01:11] | How about some leftover veal and some cold pasta? | 之前剩的小牛肉和冷意大利面行吗 |
[01:15] | Want a beer, honey? | 要啤酒吗 亲爱的 |
[01:28] | Chicken salad or tuna? | 里面是鸡肉沙拉还是金枪鱼 |
[01:30] | Here come the judge. | “大法官”杀过来了 |
[01:32] | What’s the difference? Eat it. | 有差别吗 吃了就是 |
[01:37] | Who says we can’t hire more people? | 我们为何不能多雇点员工 |
[01:39] | Why don’t you take a nap? | 你干嘛不打个盹儿 |
[01:40] | Your face looks like a bag of walnuts. | 你的脸跟核桃似的 |
[01:43] | Everyone should take a rest. | 大家都该休息一下 |
[01:45] | It’s an easy thing to say, isn’t it? | 说起来轻巧 不是吗 |
[01:47] | You’re not thinking. You’re not writing. | 你不用搞创意 也不用写文案 |
[01:49] | Ted, calm down. You need a nap, too. | 泰德 冷静 你也需要打个盹儿 |
[01:51] | Can you believe this crap? | 你敢相信这一切吗 |
[01:52] | Yes, I can. | 是的 当然 |
[01:56] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[01:58] | You’re sorry you’re late? | 你抱歉来晚了 |
[02:00] | You couldn’t call? | 你就不能打个电话吗 |
[02:02] | He called. I told you there’s no news. | 他打过电话 我跟你说了没什么事 |
[02:04] | You did not make that clear. | 你可没说清楚 |
[02:05] | You really didn’t. You just said “No news.” | 确实 你就说了句”没什么事” |
[02:08] | You didn’t say Kenny called in. | 你没说肯尼来过电话 |
[02:10] | – Pow. – Damn it. | -吃掉 -该死 |
[02:12] | No one cares that I almost got killed? | 就没人在乎我差点丧命吗 |
[02:14] | What did they say? | 他们怎么说 |
[02:16] | It’s just like last time, no. | 和上次一样 否决了 |
[02:19] | – What does that mean? – It means they didn’t like it. | -什么意思啊 -就是他们不喜欢 |
[02:22] | Then they got drunk, | 然后他们喝个烂醉 |
[02:23] | they took me for a joyride in the Impala. | 让我开着雪佛兰黑斑羚出去兜风 |
[02:26] | Why can’t we have the Impala? | 我们怎么就没有黑斑羚 |
[02:28] | What did they say? | 他们原话怎么说的 |
[02:30] | They said they didn’t like ’em. | 他们说 他们不喜欢 |
[02:33] | It’s your job to make them like them. | 你的工作就是让他们喜欢 |
[02:36] | – Are you not up to the task? – Don. | -你没法胜任这工作是吗 -唐 |
[02:37] | What? We’ve given them seven ways to go in six weeks. | 怎么了 我们在6周内给他们做了7个方案 |
[02:41] | We don’t even get to talk to them? | 这样都不能争取到交流的机会吗 |
[02:43] | We have to depend on this cripple? | 我们还得靠这个瘸子传话 |
[02:45] | You don’t know what he’s up against. | 你不清楚他要面对怎样的难题 |
[02:47] | I’ve got to sit down, but I’m not gonna | 我必须坐下 但如果 |
[02:49] | if you’re just gonna continue to insult me. | 你要继续羞辱我的话 我就不坐 |
[02:52] | Just sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[02:54] | They gave me this | 他们给我这个 |
[02:56] | and I can’t even show it to you. | 我都不忍心给你们看 |
[02:57] | What is it? They typed up their rejection? | 什么玩意 他们还打了份”拒绝信”吗 |
[02:59] | It’s worse. | 比那还糟 |
[03:01] | They finally gave me a calendar. | 他们终于给了我一份时间表 |
[03:03] | Three years of monthly deadlines. | 共三年 每月为单独期限 |
[03:05] | That’s the rest of ’68, ’69, and ’70. | 那是68年剩余的部分 69年和70年的 |
[03:07] | Best case scenario, six months of strategy statements, | 最好的情况是 共6个月的方案陈述 |
[03:10] | every one of them backed up with copy tests. | 每一个都要有文案测试结论做支撑点 |
[03:12] | And then, if and when they land on something, | 然后 如果他们定下了某个方案 |
[03:14] | it’s got to kick its way up the ladder through all of GM | 而该方案又一路被通用汽车公司的各层人士采纳 |
[03:16] | until it gets to God. | 直到到达最高层手中 |
[03:17] | And then He’s got to run it past His wife. | 然后他得让他的老婆过目一遍 |
[03:20] | So what happens now? | 现在什么情况 |
[03:21] | You take a swing at it and they take a swing at me. | 你们消极应对 他们就会对我”施暴” |
[03:23] | They want another packet Tuesday morning. | 他们希望周二早上看到新的方案 |
[03:26] | – But they want me back on Sunday. – For what? | -但同时要我周日过去一趟 -为什么 |
[03:28] | I guarantee you they’re not going to church. | 我向你保证 他们不是去教堂 |
[03:30] | We cannot go on like this. | 我们不能继续这样了 |
[03:32] | This is what Chevy is paying us for. | 雪佛兰花钱雇我们就是做这个的 |
[03:34] | It’s not our clock, it’s theirs. | 不能按我们的时间来 要听他们的 |
[03:36] | So what’s another weekend? | 再牺牲个周末又怎样 |
[03:38] | Because they’re really paying us. | 他们是我们的摇钱树 |
[03:41] | Mr. Chaough, you have a phone call. | 赵先生 有你的电话 |
[03:43] | Take a message. | 让对方留言 |
[03:44] | It’s Nan. It’s about that matter. | 是南 关于那事的 |
[03:54] | Excuse me, Mr. Draper. | 打扰一下 德雷柏先生 |
[03:56] | Get all the Chevy materials back in my office. | 把所有雪佛兰的资料拿到我办公室 |
[03:59] | – We’re working the weekend. – Yes, of course. | -我们周末要加班 -没问题 |
[04:01] | But I wanted to tell you Dr. Rosen is on the phone. | 但我是来告诉你罗森医生来电话了 |
[04:05] | – Do you want me to take a message? – Yes. | -要他留言吗 -好的 |
[04:08] | – I’ll find out what it’s regarding. – No. | -我去问问他有何事 -不 |
[04:11] | I’ll take it. | 我去接吧 |
[04:14] | You know what, Don? That’s a great idea. | 唐 这主意真不错 |
[04:16] | I’m gonna call my doctor. I’m gonna get Kenny here fixed up. | 我也要给我的医生打电话 把肯尼治好 |
[04:19] | I’m gonna get everybody fixed up. | 我要把大家全调理好 |
[04:31] | Arnold, how are you? | 阿诺德 你好 |
[04:32] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[04:38] | I’m glad to hear that. | 我很高兴是你 |
[04:39] | Oh, I bet you are, | 我想也是啊 |
[04:41] | because I wanted to let you know | 因为我想让你知道 |
[04:42] | that’s what that would feel like. | 那种感觉是什么滋味 |
[04:44] | I thought I misunderstood. | 我以为是我理解错了 |
[04:45] | Oh, bullshit. | 少放狗屁 |
[04:47] | You have got to stop loitering in my hallway. | 你不要再来我门前走廊晃悠了 |
[04:49] | Sylvia, I’m glad you called. | 希维娅 我很高兴你打来 |
[04:51] | He saw all the cigarette butts out there | 他看到那一地烟头了 |
[04:54] | and he thinks I’m smoking again. | 他还以为我又抽烟了 |
[04:56] | I want to see you. | 我想见你 |
[04:57] | I was in the kitchen biting my nails | 而我在厨房琢磨着 |
[04:59] | thinking, “I just cleaned it up.” | “我不是刚打扫干净吗” |
[05:01] | How many nights are you out there? | 你到底在外面呆了几个晚上 |
[05:03] | I know you want to see me, too. | 我知道你也想见我 |
[05:05] | All I kept thinking is he’s gonna come in and ask me | 我满脑子担心的都是 他会过来问我 |
[05:07] | why there’s no lipstick on them | 为什么烟头上没有口红印 |
[05:08] | and I’m gonna burst into tears and tell him everything. | 而我就会忍不住哭着对他坦白 |
[05:11] | Then he’s gonna murder me and murder you. | 然后他会先宰了我 再宰了你 |
[05:14] | – Are you afraid of him? – No. | -你怕他吗 -不怕 |
[05:17] | I’m afraid of you. | 我怕你 |
[05:19] | I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你还不明白 |
[05:23] | Look, I’m too old to say this was a mistake, | 听着 我这个年纪也不好意思说这是个错误了 |
[05:28] | but I want you to try and be happy. | 但我希望你能试着开心点 |
[05:31] | About what? | 为什么而开心 |
[05:32] | That you got away with it. | 为你轻松脱身而开心 |
[05:34] | When you start something like this, | 当你选择做这种事 |
[05:36] | it takes a lot of convincing. | 需要很多努力去说服自己 |
[05:39] | It’s all about whether or not the other person | 关键就在于对方是否和你一样 |
[05:42] | has as much to lose as you do, | 有着那么多不能失去的东西 |
[05:43] | because you want to be able to trust them when it’s over. | 因为你希望当一切结束时可以相信他 |
[05:46] | And right now I’m wondering how I ever trusted you. | 而现在我在想当初我怎么会相信你 |
[05:50] | I don’t really have a choice, do I, | 我当时没得选 对吗 |
[05:53] | because you’ve got me. | 因为你吃定我了 |
[05:55] | So if you ever really cared about me at all, knock it off. | 所以如果你真的在乎过我 就停止吧 |
[05:58] | Don’t cry. Just listen to me. | 别哭 听我说 |
[06:04] | I’m feeling a lot of emotions, too. | 我心里也是五味杂陈 |
[06:07] | I’m hanging up. | 我要挂了 |
[06:08] | Please, just listen. | 求你了 好好听我说 |
[06:12] | I just want to talk to you about a few things. | 我只想和你谈几件事 |
[06:16] | You loved Megan once. | 你曾经爱过梅根 |
[06:17] | – Stop it. – Nothing else gets through to you. | -别说了 -再也没有什么能走进你的内心 |
[06:23] | I’m going. | 我要走了 |
[06:28] | Don’t make me hang up on you. | 别让我对你余情未了 |
[06:33] | I’m hanging up. | 我挂了 |
[06:54] | Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 |
[06:59] | Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 |
[07:03] | I’m gonna go in there. | 我要进去 |
[07:05] | – Yes? – Is everything okay? | -什么 -你还好吗 |
[07:09] | Yes, I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[07:11] | I’m gonna… | 我要 |
[07:15] | I’m tired. I’m just gonna take a nap. | 我累了 要睡会儿 |
[07:18] | You do that. | 好的 |
[07:40] | You girls should back away. | 你们这些姑娘们该离他远点 |
[07:45] | Does he have a fever? | 他发烧了吗 |
[07:52] | You get your bedroll. | 你去卷好铺盖 |
[07:53] | You stay in here, you’ll get everybody sick. | 你继续呆这里 大家都会被你传染 |
[07:56] | – You sleep in the cellar. – Yes, ma’am. | -你去地下室睡 -好的 |
[07:59] | If the fever doesn’t break, we’ll call a doctor. | 如果持续高烧不退 我们就给你找医生 |
[08:02] | Better for you than for everyone. | 免得我们都得去看医生 |
[08:07] | Aimee, did you leave that plate in the lounge? | 艾妹 客厅里的盘子是你留在那儿的吗 |
[08:13] | Mr. Draper? | 德雷柏先生 |
[08:19] | Yes, what is it? | 什么事 |
[08:21] | Do you need some water? | 你需要水吗 |
[08:23] | No, I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 |
[08:33] | Bobby, go get your suitcase. | 博比 去拿你的箱子 |
[08:35] | – That’s mine. – What about Gene’s? | -那个就是我的 -吉恩的呢 |
[08:37] | I’m not going to pack his suitcase. | 我才不帮他收拾箱子 |
[08:39] | I already did it. You just have to get it. | 我已经收好了 你拿下来就行 |
[08:41] | Go get it, Geenie. | 吉恩 快去拿 |
[08:42] | Go up there and get Pinocchio and bring it down. | 快上去把匹诺曹箱子拿下来 |
[08:46] | I have to do everything. | 什么都得我做 |
[08:52] | – Where’s Daddy? We’re ready to go. – I’m taking you. | -爸爸呢 我们准备好了 -我送你们去 |
[08:55] | Were you sitting under the hair dryer and just remembered that? | 是你吹头发的时候突然想起来的吗 |
[08:59] | Where did you get that skirt? | 你的短裙哪来的 |
[09:00] | I bought it. | 我买的 |
[09:02] | You mean Megan bought it for you. | 你是说梅根给你买的吧 |
[09:04] | – I earned it. – On what street corner? | -我赚来的 -你在哪儿站街赚来的 |
[09:06] | She pays me to babysit. | 她付钱让我照顾孩子 |
[09:08] | You’re not a hired hand, you’re their sister. | 你又不是佣人 你是他们的姐姐 |
[09:11] | Boys, let’s go. | 孩子们 走了 |
[09:20] | I’m sorry to bother you, | 我很抱歉打扰你 |
[09:22] | but Mr. Cutler wants to see you. | 但是卡特勒先生想见你 |
[09:26] | It’s been two and a half hours. | 你已经睡了两个半小时了 |
[09:27] | Do you want to rest some more? | 你想再睡一会儿吗 |
[09:29] | No. | 不用 |
[09:31] | May I clean that up? | 需要我收拾一下吗 |
[09:34] | Please. | 麻烦了 |
[09:37] | Put the Chevy materials on the coffee table. | 把雪佛兰的资料放在咖啡桌上 |
[09:41] | The funeral will be tomorrow. | 葬礼将在明天举行 |
[09:43] | Frank’s family has asked that in lieu of flowers | 弗兰克的家人希望大家不要买花 |
[09:46] | a donation be made to the American Cancer Society. | 把钱捐给美国癌症协会 |
[09:51] | Frank Gleason was a great artist | 弗兰克·格里森是个伟大的艺术家 |
[09:54] | and a great friend. | 同时也是我的知己 |
[09:57] | And he made our company whole. | 有了他 我们的公司才算完整 |
[10:01] | I’m not gonna be able to work with you through the weekend. | 我周末不能和你们一起加班了 |
[10:03] | I apologize, but I’m afraid this takes precedence. | 我很抱歉 但我必须把这件事摆在第一位 |
[10:07] | I’ll attend the funeral if that’s all right. | 如果可以的话我也想参加 |
[10:09] | But I can still make myself available for Chevy. | 但我还是能为雪佛兰腾出时间 |
[10:12] | That’s helpful. | 那是最好 |
[10:14] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[10:16] | He’s a piece that cannot be replaced. | 他是我们不可或缺的一部分 |
[10:27] | The doctor’s here and I want you to see him. | 医生来了 我想你去见见他 |
[10:29] | – I don’t know. – No, he’s gonna fix you up. | -我觉得不必了吧 -不 他会治好你的 |
[10:33] | That’s an order. | 这是命令 |
[10:35] | Can I see him, too? I did it last time. | 能让我也见见他吗 上次我都见了 |
[10:38] | We’re a team. If he does it, I do it. | 我们一组的 他要看 我也得看 |
[10:40] | Age before beauty. | 长者先行 |
[10:45] | How old was he? | 他多少岁了 |
[10:47] | Older than you, younger than me. | 比你大 比我小 |
[10:49] | You either get used to it or stop thinking about it. | 你要么习惯这事儿 要么别去想 |
[10:52] | Sorry about your friend. | 节哀顺变 |
[10:54] | Yeah, it’s tragic. | 是啊 真不幸 |
[10:56] | I hope we don’t lose Ted for too long. | 我只希望泰德不要离开太久 |
[10:58] | He doesn’t know how to deal with these things. | 他不知道如何处理这种事 |
[11:02] | Do you feel anything? ‘Cause I don’t. | 你有什么感觉吗 我什么感觉都没有 |
[11:04] | He said it takes a minute. | 他说要过会才见效 |
[11:06] | – Well, maybe I need another. – I’m next. | -也许我得再来一下 -下个是我 |
[11:07] | Actually, Roger, I think Don should go next. | 罗杰 事实上我觉得下个该唐了 |
[11:17] | Pleasure to meet you. Dr. Hecht. | 很高兴见到你 我是海特医生 |
[11:18] | Don Draper. Where do you want me? | 唐·德雷柏 我需要怎么做 |
[11:21] | Anything in your medical history you want to alert me to? | 你有什么病史需要提醒我注意的吗 |
[11:23] | No, I’m just– | 没有 只是 |
[11:26] | hell, I don’t even know what I’m doing here. | 见鬼 我都不知道我来这干什么 |
[11:28] | You’re exhausted. | 你十分疲惫 |
[11:30] | I’ll need you to turn around and drop your pants. | 转过身把裤子脱掉 |
[11:32] | – This goes in the gluteus. – What is it? | -这是打在屁股上的 -是什么东西 |
[11:34] | It’s an energy serum. | 一种能量血清 |
[11:36] | Oh? What’s in it? | 是吗 有哪些成分 |
[11:38] | It’s proprietary. But all you need to know | 这是独家秘方 你只要知道 |
[11:41] | is it’s a complex vitamin superdose. | 这是种强力复合维他命就行了 |
[11:43] | It’s basically my own combination | 那是我自己的发明 |
[11:45] | of B vitamins and a mild stimulant. | 内含维他命B和一种温和的兴奋剂 |
[11:47] | You have a heart condition? | 你有心脏病吗 |
[11:49] | No. I thought you said it was mild. What does it do? | 没有 你不是说温和的吗 这有何功效 |
[11:51] | Well, a lot of things. But I think it’ll give you | 功效多多 不过我想它会给你 |
[11:54] | what Jim Cutler says you need. | 吉姆·卡特勒声称你所需要的东西 |
[11:55] | 24 to 72 hours | 药效持续24到72小时 |
[11:57] | of uninterrupted creative focus, energy, and confidence. | 让你拥有不间断的创意专注 活力和自信 |
[12:01] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[12:03] | No one told you about this? | 没人跟你说过这个吗 |
[12:08] | I’ve visited some agencies lately. | 我最近拜访了一些公司 |
[12:10] | – You’ve got a great outfit here. – Thank you. | -你们这公司真不错 -谢谢 |
[12:13] | All anybody wants to know is what are you gonna call this place? | 大家只想知道你们会怎么命名这公司 |
[12:16] | Can you tug your drawers down a little? | 能把你内裤再往下拉一点吗 |
[12:21] | “SCDPCGC”? That’s a mouthful. | “斯库德普卡格赵” 好绕口 |
[12:38] | Stan again. | 斯坦又赢了 |
[12:42] | What do you say, Don? You think you can beat me? | 唐 怎么样 你觉得自己能跑赢我吗 |
[12:44] | I want another chance. You changed course. | 我要再比一次 你改道了 |
[12:48] | – Who’s next? – That’d be me. | -下一位是谁 -到我啦 |
[12:51] | – And I have a heart condition. – Don’t worry about it. | -我有心脏病 -别担心 |
[13:01] | Come on, let’s go. Best two out of three. | 来 跟我比 三局两胜 |
[13:03] | You can beat me any day. Let me see the doctor first. | 你随便哪天都能赢我 等我看了医生再说 |
[13:06] | We’ll do before and after. | 我们先来一局 看完再来一局 |
[13:26] | Hey, kid. Where you going? | 孩子 你去哪儿 |
[13:32] | Come in here. | 进来 |
[13:42] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[13:48] | Breathe deep. | 深呼吸 |
[13:56] | Is that you? | 那是你吗 |
[14:00] | No. | 不是 |
[14:01] | It’s a chest cold. I’ve seen plenty of consumption. | 是支气管炎 肺痨病人我见的多了 |
[14:04] | You don’t have it. | 你不是 |
[14:06] | Lay down here. | 躺下来 |
[14:12] | Your mama don’t know how to take care of nobody. | 你妈还真不会照顾人 |
[14:15] | She ain’t my mother. | 她不是我妈 |
[14:27] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[14:30] | Do we know each other? | 我们认识吗 |
[14:31] | I’d like to think so. | 我倒希望如此 |
[14:36] | Can I help you? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[14:38] | I meant from somewhere other than from this moment. | 我是说我们以前在哪里见过吗 |
[14:43] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[15:12] | – Where’s Ed? – He said his heart stopped. | -埃德在哪儿 -他说他心脏停止了 |
[15:14] | Roger took him to the hospital. | 罗杰带他去医院了 |
[15:15] | But they were both laughing. | 可他俩都在笑 |
[15:17] | The strategy is about some kind of love transaction | 我们的方案是展现某种父子之间的 |
[15:20] | between a parent and a child | 爱的互动 |
[15:21] | involving the greatest gift of all, a Chevy. | 要涉及到有史以来最棒的礼物 雪佛兰车 |
[15:24] | I was a child and she was a child in this kingdom by the sea. | 我孩提时 她是海边王国的孩子 |
[15:27] | Four score and seven years ago, | 87年前[林肯葛底斯堡演说] |
[15:29] | this country had some memorable happenings. | 这个国家发生了一些令人难忘的事 |
[15:34] | What I don’t understand is | 我不明白的是 |
[15:35] | is it “Dad, I want this car” | 应该是”爸爸 我要这辆车” |
[15:38] | or “Son, I bought you this car”? | 还是”儿子 我给你买了辆车” |
[15:41] | Great, that’s two. We need 15 more and we can try another. | 很好 两条了 再想15条我们可以换个点子 |
[15:44] | In what family is it “Son, I bought you this car”? | 哪个家里会说”儿子 我给你买了辆车” |
[15:47] | – Good night, all. – That guy’s family. | -大伙 晚上好 -他家 |
[15:50] | Did you hear about Frank Gleason? | 你们听说弗兰克·格里森的事了吗 |
[15:52] | Yeah, I guess dreams do come true. | 是啊 看来梦想是会成真的 |
[15:54] | I think that’s in poor taste. | 我觉得你太低级趣味了 |
[15:56] | Tell him, Peggy. Tell him what a son of a bitch he was. | 告诉他 佩奇 告诉他那人生前有多可恶 |
[15:59] | I liked him. | 我挺喜欢他的 |
[16:00] | Before he was sick? | 在他生病前吗 |
[16:01] | I hate how dying makes saints out of people. | 死了就变圣人了 真讨厌这样 |
[16:04] | Well, he’s obviously in a better place. | 显然 他已经去了”更好的地方” |
[16:07] | Have a good weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[16:10] | “Dad, I need the car. I’ve got a date.” | “爸 我要辆车 我有约会” |
[16:12] | “Dad, everybody at school has a car but me.” | “爸 学校里人人都有车 除了我” |
[16:15] | “Dad, I can only go to college if I have a car.” | “爸 我有了车才能上大学” |
[16:17] | – “Dad, I–” – “Dad, I could be dying in Vietnam. | -“爸 我” -“爸 我可能就死在越南了 |
[16:19] | Don’t you want me to have a car?” | 你难道不想给我买辆车吗” |
[16:20] | Damn it, Ginsberg. I had another 80 of them. | 妈的 金斯伯格 我脑子里还有80条呢 |
[16:23] | I got nothing interesting to say ’cause I’m not on drugs? | 我没用药 就想不出好点子了吗 |
[16:25] | No, you just flushed a toilet in my head. | 不是 你刚把我思路搅乱了 |
[16:28] | “Son, I got a car when I was your age.” | “儿子 我像你这么大的时候有辆车” |
[16:30] | “Son, they didn’t have cars when I was your age.” | “儿子 我像你这么大的时候车还没造出来呢” |
[16:33] | “Son, you can fly till you’re high as an elephant’s eye.” | “儿子 你可以飞到与大象的眼睛齐高” |
[16:37] | That’s great. | 这个不错 |
[16:37] | What are you, class secretary? | 你这是干什么 班会记录吗 |
[16:39] | I want to write stuff down so it looks like I’m working. | 我要来做记录 那样看起来像是我在工作 |
[16:41] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:44] | The child is the father of the man. | 那孩子是那个男人的父亲 |
[16:46] | Spectacular. | 太棒了 |
[17:02] | Mr. Draper. | 德雷柏先生 |
[17:03] | Mr. Cosgrove is here to see you. | 科斯格罗夫先生在外等着见您 |
[17:08] | Hello, Kenny. How you feeling? | 你好 肯尼 你感觉如何 |
[17:10] | My foot’s like new. | 我的脚恢复如新 |
[17:12] | You think you’ll have new work on Monday? | 你觉得你周一能拿出新作品吗 |
[17:14] | I’ll have 15 campaigns for you by then, | 我到时可以给你15个新广告作品 |
[17:16] | but you have to get me in a room | 但你必须让我和他们共处一室 |
[17:16] | so I can look them in the eye. | 让我能直视他们的眼睛 |
[17:18] | The timbre of my voice is as important as the content. | 我的音质和作品内容本身一样重要 |
[17:21] | I don’t know whether I’ll be forceful or submissive, | 我不知道我到时会强势还是顺从 |
[17:23] | but I must be there in the flesh. | 但我必须亲自到场 |
[17:25] | You understand that I have no power whatsoever? | 你明白不管怎样 我都无权决定吧 |
[17:27] | That’s not true. Not if they like you. | 不是那样的 如果他们喜欢你就行 |
[17:30] | Oh, they like me all right. | 他们挺喜欢我的 |
[17:33] | – I’m their favorite toy. – That’s your job. | -我是他们最爱的小丑 -那是你的工作 |
[17:36] | It’s my job to take them to dinner at 80 miles an hour. | 我的工作就是把时速开到80英里带他们去吃饭 |
[17:39] | It’s my job to stop a mile from the restaurant | 我的工作 就是在离餐厅1英里的地方停下 |
[17:41] | so they can have five pounds of crab legs | 让他们吃完5磅的蟹腿 |
[17:43] | and three bottles of beer apiece and then go get prime rib. | 每人喝完3瓶啤酒 然后又去吃肋排 |
[17:45] | It’s my job to go hunting | 我的工作就是带他们去打猎 |
[17:47] | so they can fire off their guns an inch from my ear | 好让他们在距离我耳朵1英寸的地方开枪 |
[17:49] | and laugh when I get startled | 看我吓得魂飞魄散而大笑 |
[17:51] | because it’s my job. | 因为那是我的工作 |
[17:54] | Where’d you learn that? | 你从哪儿学会这么一套动作的 |
[17:55] | My mother. No, my first girlfriend. | 我母亲 不 我的初恋女友那里 |
[18:07] | One doesn’t like changing so often, you know? | 谁都不会喜欢如此频繁的改变的 |
[18:09] | – I don’t know. – I’m not myself, you see? | -我不知道 -我有点精神恍惚 你明白吗 |
[18:13] | I don’t see. | 我不明白 |
[18:14] | And she comes to the fork in the road | 她来到分岔路口 |
[18:16] | then she says to the Cheshire Cat, “Which road do I take?” | 然后对柴郡猫说 我该走哪条路呢 |
[18:19] | I know this. Where do you want to go? | 我知道这个 你的目的地是哪儿 |
[18:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:22] | Then it doesn’mamatter, does it? | 那随便去哪儿都无所谓了 不是吗 |
[18:33] | – How’s it going? – What’s going on? | -进展得怎么样了 -你这是怎么了 |
[18:36] | I know you’re all feeling the darkness here today. | 我知道你们今天都感觉像被黑暗吞噬 |
[18:38] | But there’s no reason to give in. | 但无论如何都不该屈服 |
[18:40] | No matter what you’ve heard, | 不管你们听到什么小道消息 |
[18:41] | this process will not take years. | 我们绝不会花上几年的创作时间 |
[18:44] | In my heart I know we cannot be defeated | 我内心深知 我们绝不会被打败的 |
[18:47] | because there is an answer that will open the door. | 因为我们终将找到答案 叩开大门 |
[18:50] | There is a way around this system. | 一定有解决办法的 |
[18:53] | This is a test of our patience and commitment. | 这是对我们耐心和责任心的考验 |
[18:57] | One great idea can win someone over. | 一个好的创意就能赢取一个人的欢心 |
[19:01] | Dear Lord, you’re as good as they say. | 上帝啊 你就像他们说的一样伟大 |
[19:05] | That was very inspiring. | 真是够鼓舞人心的 |
[19:06] | Do you have any idea what the idea is? | 你现在有关于创意的什么想法吗 |
[19:09] | No. | 没有 |
[19:12] | But I’m not gonna stop looking. | 但我不会停止探索的 |
[19:14] | I think we should order dinner. | 我觉得我们该叫外卖了 |
[19:16] | I don’t think I’ll ever eat again. | 我觉得我什么都不想吃了 |
[19:18] | Do what you have to. | 你们想做什么都行 |
[19:30] | You’re burning up. | 你浑身发烫 |
[19:33] | You have to eat something. Sit up. | 你得吃点东西 坐起来吧 |
[19:36] | I can’t, Miss Swenson. | 我做不到 斯文森小姐 |
[19:38] | Call me Aimee, and yes, you can. | 叫我艾妹吧 你可以的 |
[20:14] | I’ve got it. | 我想到了 |
[20:19] | I’ve got it. | 我想到了 |
[20:21] | How many times do you do it? | 你要这样重复几次 |
[20:23] | I need six throws for a reading. | 我要扔6次才能卜一卦 |
[20:25] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[20:27] | The I Ching. | 易经占卜 |
[20:29] | Have you slept? | 你有睡过觉吗 |
[20:32] | Crap, I missed the neneral, didn’t I? | 糟糕 我错过葬礼了 是吧 |
[20:34] | – How was it? – It was rough. | -怎么样 -很难熬 |
[20:37] | It was beautiful. | 很美的 |
[20:39] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[20:41] | Her name is Wendy. Wendy, this is Don. | 她名叫温迪 温迪 这位是唐 |
[20:44] | Don. Ask a question. | 唐 问我一个问题吧 |
[20:46] | I’m supposed to be next. | 接下来该是我才对 |
[20:47] | Are you done with mine? | 你把我的占完了吗 |
[20:49] | You can just think of it. You don’t have to say it out loud. | 你在脑海里想想就行 你不必大声说出来的 |
[20:55] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[21:00] | Peggy, do you remember when we had soup? | 佩奇 你还记得之前的那个汤吗 |
[21:02] | Maybe, could you be more specific? | 或许吧 你能说得更具体一点吗 |
[21:05] | Carnegie Deli has great soup. | 卡内基德利餐厅的汤棒极了 |
[21:08] | No, he’s talking about some account. | 不 他说的是某个客户 |
[21:10] | He asked me yesterday. I don’t think it exists. | 他昨天问过我 我觉得好像没那个客户 |
[21:12] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[21:13] | I don’t understand what you’re asking. | 我不知道你说的是哪个 |
[21:14] | We had an account at Sterling Cooper. | 我们在斯特林&库珀公司时曾有个客户 |
[21:15] | A soup account. | 一个做汤的客户 |
[21:16] | That must have been before my time. | 那一定是在我入职之前的客户了 |
[21:18] | Can you go to the archives and look for it? | 你能去档案库找找吗 |
[21:20] | I already looked. Why are you asking her? | 我已经找过了 你为什么又让她去找 |
[21:22] | – ‘Cause you think I’m incompetent? – I did it! | -你觉得我无能吗 -我做到了 |
[21:25] | I’ve got 666 ideas. | 我有了666个创意 |
[21:27] | I’m wasting my Saturday with lunatics. | 我周六的大好时光都浪费在和疯子一起了 |
[21:29] | – It’s Saturday? – Yes, it is. | -今天是周六吗 -是的 |
[21:32] | Why don’t you lay down for a little while? | 你不如去躺一会儿吧 |
[21:33] | Because I’ve got it. I want you to go to the archives. | 因为我想到点子了 我要你去档案库 |
[21:36] | Look in 1958 or ’59 for soup. | 寻找1958年或59年的汤类作品 |
[21:42] | You’ll know it when you see it | 你一看到就会明白的 |
[21:43] | and it’s gonna crack this thing wide open. | 一定会为我们带来刺破黑暗的曙光 |
[21:48] | You see the mess you made? | 你看到你造成的乱子了吧 |
[22:05] | That was fast. | 你可真够快的嘛 |
[22:09] | What are you doing in here? | 你跑到这里来做什么 |
[22:11] | You said you were going to get some ice | 你说你要去拿些冰 |
[22:13] | and we were going to have a drink and watch the sun set. | 我们要一起喝点美酒 欣赏日落 |
[22:17] | I have some things to do. | 我还有事情要做 |
[22:20] | Stop doing that. | 别再摆弄那个了 |
[22:23] | You are really uptight, aren’t you? | 你真的很喜欢端着架子 是吧 |
[22:26] | No, I’m just on a deadline. | 不 我只是要赶稿 |
[22:31] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪儿弄到那个的 |
[22:33] | It was upstairs in one of the offices. | 在楼上的某个办公室里拿到的 |
[22:39] | You want to get it on? | 你想”开心”一下吗 |
[22:41] | What are you doing here? | 你到这儿来干什么 |
[22:43] | I’m here to make you feel better. | 我是来抚慰你的 |
[22:46] | I feel great, but I’m on a deadline. | 我很好 但我在赶稿 |
[22:50] | “Does someone love me?” | “有人爱我吗” |
[22:52] | What? | 什么 |
[22:54] | That’s what your question was. | 那是你问的问题 |
[22:57] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[22:59] | That’s everyone’s question. | 每个人的问题都是这一个 |
[23:03] | I want to hear your heart. | 让我来听听你的心跳 |
[23:13] | I think it’s broken. | 我觉得它坏了[碎了] |
[23:15] | You can hear that? | 你能听得出来吗 |
[23:17] | I can’t hear anything. | 我什么都听不见 |
[23:19] | I think it’s broken. | 我觉得是听诊器坏了 |
[23:25] | You should go. | 你还是走吧 |
[23:27] | I’m in the middle of something. | 我现在很忙 |
[23:42] | Can you get that? | 能帮忙接一下吗 |
[23:43] | If it’s Jeff Hunter, I’ll be right there. | 如果是杰夫·亨特 告诉他我马上就来 |
[23:46] | – Draper’s. – Sally? | -德雷柏家 -萨丽吗 |
[23:48] | – When are you coming home? – Is Megan there? | -你什么时候回家 -梅根在吗 |
[23:51] | – I want to talk to him. – It’s my dad. | -我想跟他说话 -是我爸 |
[23:58] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[24:00] | I’m still at work. | 我还在公司 |
[24:01] | I have to leave. I’m leaving right now. | 我得走了 我这就要出发了 |
[24:04] | I’m really sorry. I’m not finished yet. | 很抱歉 我还没完事 |
[24:08] | It– I’m really close. | 就快了 |
[24:09] | It’s just the research hasn’t come in. | 只是我要的资料还没送来 |
[24:11] | Don, I don’t care. What am I supposed to do? | 唐 我不管 你想让我怎样 |
[24:14] | I watched them last night | 昨晚就是我看着他们 |
[24:15] | so you could work and now– | 好让你去工作 而现在 |
[24:17] | I’ll be home in a little bit. | 我马上就回家了 |
[24:19] | Well, I don’t like you working so hard. | 我不喜欢你这么拼命工作 |
[24:21] | You must be exhausted. | 你一定累坏了 |
[24:23] | Actually, I’ve got a second wind. | 实际上 我现在干劲十足 |
[24:30] | When’s he coming home? | 他什么时候回来 |
[24:32] | Sally, how would you like | 萨丽 想不想挣钱 |
[24:32] | to earn some boots to go with that skirt? | 买双靴子搭那条短裙 |
[24:35] | You’re going to leave us with her again? | 你又把我们丢给她管吗 |
[24:37] | I’m really sorry, sweetie, | 我很抱歉 宝贝 |
[24:38] | but you know you’ll have fun. | 但你们会玩得很开心的 |
[24:39] | Don’t make her feel bad. | 不要让她觉得歉疚了 |
[24:41] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[24:42] | I’m going to see a play. | 我要去看场舞台剧 |
[24:44] | And Jeff my agent is going to introduce me to some producers | 我的经纪人杰夫会把我介绍给一些制作人 |
[24:47] | so that maybe I can be in their play. | 那样也许我就能参演了 |
[24:48] | Why do you want to do a play? | 为什么你想演舞台剧 |
[24:50] | You’re on TV every day. | 电视上每天都播你的剧 |
[24:52] | Don’t they know that? | 难道他们不知道吗 |
[24:54] | Shit, you must be hungry. | 糟糕 你们一定饿了 |
[24:55] | Sally, would you put a pot of water on the stove? | 萨丽 你能在炉上烧壶水吗 |
[24:57] | I’m gonna make spaghetti in a minute. | 我马上来做意大利面 |
[24:59] | I’m gonna wait for Dad. | 我要等爸爸回来 |
[25:00] | We’re not hungry. | 我们不饿 |
[25:01] | Okay, but go make Gene a peanut butter and jelly. | 好吧 那去给吉恩做个花生果酱三明治 |
[25:05] | Come on, that thing’s twice the size of a real apple. | 拜托 这比真正的苹果大一倍 |
[25:08] | Step right up. | 来吧 |
[25:10] | How about everybody takes one? | 何不每个人来一发 |
[25:11] | Do a real firing squad. | 表演枪决 |
[25:13] | He’s gonna look just like Saint Sebastian. | 他会像圣塞巴斯蒂安一样被乱箭穿身 |
[25:14] | Hold on a second. One at a time. | 慢着慢着 一个一个来 |
[25:17] | Everybody’ll get a chance. | 每个人都有机会 |
[25:18] | You’re pretentious, you know that? | 你很自负 你知道吗 |
[25:19] | I love that. | 我喜欢 |
[25:21] | I want to do it. | 我想玩 |
[25:21] | Fine, but I’m gonna go first | 好 但我要先来 |
[25:23] | because you’re drunk. | 因为你喝多了 |
[25:24] | In fact, I believe I’m the only person | 实际上 我相信我是 |
[25:26] | in the Time-Life Building who’s not out of his mind. | 时代生活大厦里唯一一个清醒着的人 |
[25:28] | But you hate him. | 但你很讨厌他 |
[25:30] | I hate apples more. | 我更讨厌苹果 |
[25:33] | Don’t hit his eye. | 别伤到他的眼睛 |
[25:34] | Don’t hit anything. | 哪儿都别伤到 |
[25:42] | – Aw, crap. – Who’s next? | -该死 -下一个谁来 |
[25:45] | It’s fine. It’s fine. I’ve done that before. | 没事的 我以前也遇到过这种情况 |
[25:49] | – Doesn’t hurt at all. – Let me see. Let me see. | -一点都不疼 -让我看看 我看看 |
[25:51] | You’ve gotta keep pressure on it. | 你得找东西压着点 |
[25:53] | Honestly, Peggy, I don’t even feel it. | 说真的 佩奇 我一点也不觉得疼 |
[25:54] | Come on, you’ve got to wash this. | 别闹了 你得冲洗一下伤口 |
[26:13] | *Each morning* | *每个清晨* |
[26:15] | *You just walk past me* | *你与我擦肩而过* |
[26:17] | *You don’t even know that I exist* | *全然不知我的存在* |
[26:22] | *Going out of my head over you* | *我为你疯狂* |
[26:26] | *Out of my head over you* | *为你疯狂* |
[26:30] | *Out of my head day and night* | *日日夜夜 为你疯狂* |
[26:33] | *Night and day and night, wrong or right* | *日日夜夜 无论对错* |
[26:37] | *I must think of a way* | *我要千方百计* |
[26:42] | *Into your heart* | *深入你心* |
[26:45] | *Oh, there’s no reason why* | *没有理由* |
[26:48] | *My being shy* | *我的羞涩* |
[26:50] | *Should keep us apart…* | *让你我难成眷属* |
[26:55] | Hold still. | 别动 |
[26:57] | You got a great bedside manner. | 你可真会照顾病人 |
[27:00] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[27:05] | You’re lucky I don’t like beards. | 我不喜欢胡须算你走运 |
[27:07] | Women say that, but they don’t act like it. | 女人们嘴上那么说 但总言行不一 |
[27:11] | You’re like my brother. | 你就像我的哥哥 |
[27:12] | You don’t have a brother. | 你没有哥哥 |
[27:16] | I want you to stop. | 我希望你立刻停下 |
[27:19] | No, you don’t. | 不 你口是心非 |
[27:23] | I have a boyfriend. | 我有男友 |
[27:42] | No. | 不 |
[27:45] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[27:48] | I need this. | 我需要安慰 |
[27:49] | I know, I know. You’re in pain. | 我知道 我懂 你很痛苦 |
[27:52] | My cousin Robbie was killed in action. | 我表弟罗比战死了 |
[27:57] | 20 years old. | 他才20岁 |
[28:02] | Had to join the Navy. | 非要去参军 |
[28:05] | That’s awful. | 那太可怕了 |
[28:16] | What happened? | 他是怎么死的 |
[28:19] | They don’t tell you. | 他们不说 |
[28:22] | They just tell you when it happened. | 只在事后告诉你死亡日期 |
[28:24] | March 4th. Three months ago. | 3月4日 过去3个月了 |
[28:31] | That means my aunt sent 16 letters that he never saw. | 所以有16封我姨妈写的信他都没看到 |
[28:37] | You know they get mail right up to the front lines? | 就算上了前线也能收到信 你知道吗 |
[28:42] | That’d be a bad job, right? | 那真是份可怕的工作 不是吗 |
[28:45] | Delivering mail into combat? | 冒着枪林弹雨去送信 |
[28:48] | I’m so, so sorry to hear that. | 对你的事我非常遗憾 |
[29:05] | I’ve had loss in my life. | 我也曾失去过至亲 |
[29:10] | You have to let yourself feel it. | 你要学会冷静地去面对 |
[29:13] | You can’t dampen it with drugs and sex. | 你不能沉沦于药物和性爱之中 |
[29:18] | It won’t get you through. | 放任自流并不会让你好受些 |
[29:21] | Maybe we’re different. | 可能我们不同 |
[29:26] | Why don’t you go home? | 你不如回家歇着吧 |
[29:29] | ‘Cause I can’t stand up right now. | 因为我现在根本站不起来 |
[29:31] | That’s from the shot. | 那是药物作用 |
[29:36] | You’ve got a great ass. | 你屁股可真翘 |
[29:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:06] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:08] | You startled me. | 你吓死我了 |
[30:09] | I didn’t know anybody was home. | 我以为家里没人呢 |
[30:12] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢 |
[30:13] | Go back to sleep. | 快回房睡去 |
[30:15] | What are you doing here? | 你到这儿来干什么 |
[30:18] | I’m visiting. Didn’t nobody tell you? | 做客啊 没人告诉你吗 |
[30:21] | No. Who are you? | 没 你是谁 |
[30:23] | I’m your grandma. | 我是你奶奶 |
[30:26] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[30:27] | Now, why is that impossible? | 怎么就不可能呢 |
[30:30] | Okay, I know. | 我知道了 |
[30:33] | But I raised your daddy. | 是我把你爸拉扯大的 |
[30:37] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[30:39] | I was just looking for a serving plate. | 我在找个餐盘呢 |
[30:41] | I was gonna make your daddy’s favorite. | 我准备给你爸做他最爱吃的 |
[30:44] | You know, he loves fried chicken. | 你知道的 他爱吃炸鸡 |
[30:45] | I bet you do, too. | 我猜你也是 |
[30:47] | Ooh, you sure look like him. | 你跟你爸长得可真像 |
[30:50] | No one said you were coming. | 没人跟我说你要来 |
[30:51] | Well, I think I was supposed to be a surprise for you. | 我想应该是想给你个惊喜吧 |
[30:54] | And your daddy said I could visit | 你爸说我可以随时来玩 |
[30:57] | and he gave me a key. | 就把门钥匙给我了 |
[30:59] | I thought nobody was home. | 我还以为家里没人呢 |
[31:02] | Come over here and give a hug to your Grandma Ida. | 赶紧过来抱抱你的艾达奶奶 |
[31:09] | Now don’t you be rude to me. | 你可别对我无礼 |
[31:12] | Is that how you was raised to speak to your betters? | 你父母就是这么教你跟长辈说话的吗 |
[31:17] | No. | 不是 |
[31:19] | I’m gonna fix you some eggs. | 我去给你做几个蛋 |
[31:22] | And you’re gonna sit down and you’re gonna eat ’em. | 你要乖乖地坐在那 乖乖地吃完 |
[31:25] | But first, you’re gonna tell me who else in the house. | 不过首先 告诉我家里现在还有谁 |
[31:29] | How come you don’t know? | 你怎么会不知道呢 |
[31:31] | I haven’t talked to your daddy in a long time. | 我跟你爸已经好久没聊过了 |
[31:34] | And he want to surprise me, too. | 他也想给我个惊喜 |
[31:36] | I’ve never heard of you. | 我从来就没听说过你 |
[31:38] | Your daddy Mr. Donald Draper or not? | 你爸是不是唐纳德·德雷柏先生 |
[31:45] | You come over here and give me some sugar. | 还不快过来给奶奶抱一抱 |
[31:59] | Now I know you ain’t here all by yourself. | 你肯定不是一个人在家吧 |
[32:02] | My little brothers are here. | 我两个弟弟也在这 |
[32:04] | Well, there’s no need to wake them. | 那就没必要把他们吵醒了 |
[32:07] | Just be us. | 就我们俩 |
[32:09] | Okay, let’s go and make you some eggs. | 好了 我给你做鸡蛋去 |
[32:11] | I bet you like them scrambled. | 我猜你喜欢吃炒鸡蛋吧 |
[32:13] | I can make them. | 我自己能做 |
[32:15] | And burn yourself on the stove? | 你是想让炉子给烫着吗 |
[32:19] | When you think they’re gonna be home? | 你父母大概什么时候能回来 |
[32:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:24] | When’s the last time you saw my dad? | 你上次见到我爸是什么时候 |
[32:27] | Years ago. | 几年前了 |
[32:29] | I doubt he’s changed. He still handsome? | 他一定没变样吧 依旧帅气吗 |
[32:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:33] | Your mama still a piece of work? | 你妈还是那个烦人精 |
[32:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:37] | Now what do they call you? | 他们都怎么叫你 |
[32:39] | Sally. | 萨丽 |
[33:17] | Your fever broke. | 你烧退了 |
[33:20] | – Yes, Miss Swenson. – Call me Amy. | -是的 斯文森小姐 -叫我艾米就好 |
[33:23] | It’s not really Aimee. I just liked the way it was spelled. | 其实也不是艾妹 不过我就喜欢那么拼 |
[33:26] | It’s got two Es and an accent. | 结尾两个e 再加点口音 |
[33:29] | It’s a nice name. | 不错的名字 |
[33:30] | You are better. | 看来你确实好多了 |
[33:37] | Do you like this? | 你喜欢这颗痣吗 |
[33:38] | I do. | 喜欢 |
[33:45] | Do you like girls? | 你喜欢女人吗 |
[33:52] | You don’t even know what to do right now, do you? | 你现在手足无措 是不是 |
[33:58] | But you like it. | 但你喜欢着呢 |
[33:59] | Stop it. | 住手 |
[34:06] | You like my bosom. | 喜欢我的酥胸吗 |
[34:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:11] | Don’t you want to know what all the fuss is about? | 你不想知道男欢女爱到底是怎么回事吗 |
[34:14] | No. | 不想 |
[34:17] | It’s okay. I’ll do everything. | 没关系 我来主动 |
[34:44] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[34:46] | Now you stop asking questions | 你要是再不停问我问题 |
[34:48] | or I’m not gonna let you eat in your nice living room. | 就别想坐在客厅吃东西了 |
[34:51] | Maybe I know where it is. | 我或许能帮你找到 |
[34:53] | I’m just looking for some place | 我就是找些地方 |
[34:55] | to hide my presents I bought y’all. | 把我给你们买的礼物藏好 |
[35:00] | My, that TV’s in here good! | 天啊 这电视机装的真牢 |
[35:02] | Who’s she? | 她是谁 |
[35:03] | Is that little Bobby? | 这不是小博比嘛 |
[35:05] | My, you have grown up big! | 真是长成大小伙子了 |
[35:08] | – Who are you? – That’s Grandma Ida. | -你是谁 -是艾达奶奶 |
[35:11] | We don’t have a grandma. | 我们没有奶奶 |
[35:13] | You do now. | 现在有了 |
[35:14] | And you’re gonna get all the candy and toys | 到了早上 你会拿到 |
[35:17] | and good stuff your grandma bought you | 奶奶给你带的 |
[35:19] | when you wake up in the morning. | 糖果 玩具和其他好东西 |
[35:21] | But right now, you go back to sleep. | 但现在 快回去睡觉 |
[35:24] | I’m not tired. | 我不困 |
[35:25] | Now, Sally don’t remember, | 萨丽不记得了 |
[35:28] | but I gave your daddy a watch, | 但我曾给过你父亲一块表 |
[35:31] | gold watch. | 金表 |
[35:33] | And I got a new band for it | 我拿了一条新表带 |
[35:35] | and I wanna fix it up before he come back. | 希望在他回来前换好 |
[35:38] | You seen it? | 你见过那表吗 |
[35:39] | He has four watches. | 他有4块表 |
[35:41] | I’ll know it when I see it. | 我一看就知道是哪块了 |
[35:43] | They’re in the drawer by his bed. | 就在他床头柜里 |
[35:52] | Are we allowed to watch TV? | 我们能看电视吗 |
[35:54] | I think she’s lying. | 我觉得她在撒谎 |
[35:55] | Are we Negroes? | 我们是黑人吗 |
[35:57] | Will you put me through to the police? | 请接警局 |
[35:59] | It’s an emergency. | 紧急情况 |
[36:01] | I’m at 783 Park Avenue | 我在公园大道783号 |
[36:03] | and there’s a stranger in our apartment. | 我们公寓里有个陌生人 |
[36:06] | What? | 什么 |
[36:07] | No, I’m 14. | 不 我14岁 |
[36:09] | My name is Sally Draper. | 我叫萨丽·德雷柏 |
[36:11] | Hello? | 您好 |
[36:13] | Yes, sir. | 是的 警官 |
[36:15] | These children ought to be in bed | 孩子们本该上床睡觉 |
[36:17] | and they ain’t too well behaved. | 但他们不太乖 |
[36:22] | Yes, sir. They played a joke on both of us. | 是的 警官 他们把你我都耍了 |
[36:28] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[36:33] | Now why’d you do something like that? | 你为什么要这样做 |
[36:39] | You hurt my feelings. | 你伤我心了 |
[36:41] | I’m gonna go out and get some air. | 我去外面透透气 |
[36:44] | When I come back, you best be sleeping. | 等我回来 你们最好在睡觉 |
[37:25] | “This may be hard to believe, | “这也许很难相信 |
[37:27] | but the history can’t be ignored. | 但往日回忆不能被忽视 |
[37:29] | The history should not be ignored. | 往日回忆不应被忽视 |
[37:31] | Look, I don’t want to waste your time, with…” | 听着 我不想浪费你的时间…” |
[37:36] | Peggy! | 佩奇 |
[37:45] | “I don’t want you to shut this door. | “别关上这扇门 |
[37:48] | Just let me say a few things. | 就听我说几句 |
[37:50] | You and I both know–“ | 我们都知道…” |
[37:52] | Did you want us? | 你要见我们吗 |
[37:53] | Yes. Get everyone. | 是的 叫所有人来 |
[37:54] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[37:56] | Just listen. I’ve got it. | 听好 我想到了 |
[37:58] | Great. | 很好 |
[38:05] | Remember this work? | 记得这件作品吗 |
[38:07] | I’ve never seen it before. | 我从没见过 |
[38:09] | Well, it says it all. It really does. | 上面阐明了一切 真的 |
[38:12] | Okay, I’ve got this great message | 好的 我想到一条重要的讯息 |
[38:16] | and it has to do with what holds people together. | 跟人们如何维系情感有关 |
[38:19] | What is that thing that draws them? | 是什么让他们相互吸引 |
[38:21] | It’s a history. | 是往日回忆 |
[38:23] | And it may not even be with that person, but it’s… | 虽然不一定是跟那个人 但… |
[38:27] | it’s like a… | 这就像… |
[38:29] | well, it’s bigger than that. | 比那还重要 |
[38:32] | And that makes them buy a car? | 人们会因此买车吗 |
[38:33] | If this strategy is successful, it’s way bigger than a car. | 如果此方案奏效 就不仅仅是车的问题了 |
[38:37] | It’s everything. | 包含万物 |
[38:40] | I keep thinking about the basic principle of advertising. | 我一直在想广告的基本原理 |
[38:43] | There’s entertainment and you stick the ad | 我们在娱乐节目中 |
[38:45] | in the middle of the entertainment like a little respite. | 插入广告 让人休息 |
[38:47] | It’s a bargain. | 免费的甜头 |
[38:48] | They’re getting the entertainment for free. | 他们免费娱乐 |
[38:50] | All they have to do is listen to the message. | 只需聆听讯息 |
[38:51] | But what if they don’t take the bargain at all? | 但如果他们不在乎这甜头呢 |
[38:54] | What if they’re suddenly bored of the entertainment? | 如果他们突然对节目毫无兴趣 |
[38:56] | What if they don’t– what if they turn off the TV? | 如果他们不… 如果他们关上电视呢 |
[38:58] | – You gotta get your foot in the door. – Exactly! | -你必须让讯息深入千家万户 -完全正确 |
[39:00] | So, how do I do that? | 那么 我如何做到呢 |
[39:03] | Let’s say I get her face to face. | 如果我和她面对面 |
[39:04] | How do I capture her imagination? | 我怎样能引起她的注意 |
[39:06] | I have a sentence, maybe two. | 我只能说一两句话 |
[39:09] | Who’s “Her”? | “她”是谁 |
[39:10] | Promise them everything. | 许诺一切 |
[39:12] | You know, you’re gonna change their life. | 说你会改变他们的人生 |
[39:13] | – You’re gonna take away their pain. – That’s good. | -让他们不再痛苦 -很好 |
[39:16] | Then you hit ’em with the one-two punch. | 然后双拳齐下 |
[39:18] | What’s the answer to all of life’s problems? | 人生所有问题的答案是什么 |
[39:20] | A Chevy. | 雪佛兰 |
[39:21] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是 |
[39:22] | Then it’s oatmeal? | 是麦片吗 |
[39:25] | No. | 不 |
[39:26] | What have you been doing the last three days? | 你这三天都在做什么 |
[39:30] | Have you been working on Chevy at all? | 你到底有没有在想雪佛兰的创意 |
[39:32] | I gotta go. | 我必须走了 |
[39:33] | You wanna get someone in here who can draw? | 你想让美术部的人过来吗 |
[39:36] | No, I don’t have time for art. | 不 我没时间 |
[39:44] | He’s happy. Now we can relax. | 他很开心 我们能放松了 |
[39:47] | You think he’ll care if I nap in here? | 你觉得他会介意我在这里小睡吗 |
[39:50] | Don? Wait. | 唐 等等 |
[40:17] | I’m going home! | 我回家了 |
[40:25] | Okay, I’m gonna change my shirt, | 好的 换件衬衫 |
[40:27] | tell Megan I’m going out for cigarettes, | 告诉梅根 我要出去抽烟 |
[40:29] | then I’m gonna knock on her door. | 然后敲她的门 |
[40:32] | Sylvia, don’t close the door on me. | 希维娅 别把我拒之门外 |
[40:36] | “When in the course of human events–” No. | “人们处事时…” 不 |
[40:39] | “You haven’t heard everything I have to say.” | “你还没听完我想说的话” |
[40:42] | Don’t shut the door on me. | 别把我拒之门外 |
[40:46] | All right, all right, he’s home. | 好了 好了 他回家了 |
[40:48] | Oh, thank God you’re here. | 感谢上帝你回来了 |
[40:53] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[40:54] | I’ll tell you what’s going on. | 我来跟你说这是怎么回事 |
[40:56] | Some elderly Negro woman held your children hostage | 有个中年女黑人拿你孩子当人质 |
[40:58] | and robbed you blind. | 洗劫了你家 |
[41:00] | – What? – Betty. | -什么 -贝蒂 |
[41:02] | She robbed a bunch of places in the building | 她洗劫了这栋楼里的许多住户 |
[41:03] | and she came in here. | 然后又来这里 |
[41:04] | Our back door was open. | 我们的后门没关 |
[41:07] | She said she was your mother. | 她说她是你母亲 |
[41:10] | We think we caught her boarding the IRT. | 我们在地铁上抓到的人应该是她 |
[41:13] | You’ll need to come down in the next 24 hours | 你要在24小时内过来一趟 |
[41:14] | and ID your things. | 认领你的东西 |
[41:16] | Because no one was here. | 因为没人在家 |
[41:17] | Because she’s off on the casting couch and you’re– | 因为她跑去搞潜规则 而你在 |
[41:20] | what does he tell everybody, that he’s at work? | 他是怎么跟大家说的 在工作吗 |
[41:22] | This is not the time or the place for this conversation. | 现在说这些不合适 |
[41:25] | Ma’am, this could have happened to anyone. | 女士 任何人都可能碰到这样的事情 |
[41:27] | Anyone who lives in this disgusting city | 任何住在这座恶心的城市里 |
[41:29] | and leaves their three children alone. | 抛下三个孩子的人 |
[41:31] | Do you know Henry’s running for office? | 你知道亨利正在竞选吗 |
[41:35] | Sally, I’m really sorry. | 萨丽 我非常抱歉 |
[41:36] | I should have been home earlier. | 我该早点回来的 |
[41:37] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[41:43] | You get your hands off me! | 把你的脏手拿开 |
[41:45] | I don’t need to be manhandled! | 不用推我自己能走 |
[41:46] | I know you’ve been holding out on me. | 我知道你背着我藏私房钱 |
[41:47] | You don’t know anything. I defy your accusations. | 你什么也不知道 我根本不屑听你的指责 |
[41:50] | You peddle that ass on the street. | 你个站街的 |
[41:51] | You don’t deserve a home. You don’t deserve me. | 根本不配有家 不配有我 |
[41:53] | Yeah? I do fine without you. | 是吗 没你我也过得很好 |
[41:55] | – And you owe me money, not the other way around. – Get out. | -是你欠我钱 不是我欠你 -出去 |
[41:57] | ‘Cause I took that boy’s cherry. | 因为我夺取了那小男孩的贞操 |
[41:59] | $5, we’ll call it even. | 5美元 我们算扯平了 |
[42:03] | Is that true? | 真的吗 |
[42:04] | No. | 不 |
[42:06] | You filthy, shameful, | 你这个肮脏 可耻 |
[42:08] | disgusting, shameful, horrible… | 恶心 丢人 可怕的 |
[42:12] | You’re trash! | 你个垃圾 |
[42:13] | You are filth! | 你个下贱货 |
[42:15] | You know that you are! | 你自己也清楚 |
[42:16] | After I gave you a home, | 我给了你一个家 |
[42:19] | you go and do something this disgraceful! | 你却干出这么可耻的事情 |
[42:45] | I know you’re exhausted, | 我知道你一定累坏了 |
[42:46] | but I could feel the floor swimming, too, when I came home to that. | 我回家看到这一切的时候 也感到地板在摇晃 |
[42:50] | I’m surprised we didn’t all faint. | 我们没晕倒可真让我惊奇 |
[42:57] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[42:59] | Sally seems so grown up, but she’s really still a kid. | 萨丽看起来很成熟 但真的还只是个孩子 |
[43:36] | – How are you? – Busy. | -你怎么样 -挺忙的 |
[44:18] | You should talk to him. | 你应该跟他谈谈 |
[44:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[44:25] | I just wanted to call and tell you I’m okay. | 我就是想告诉你 我没事 |
[44:28] | I didn’t have a heart attack. | 我不是心脏病发作 |
[44:30] | I’ve just been working too much. | 我只是持续工作了太长时间 |
[44:35] | I’m– I’m so embarrassed. | 我 真是太丢脸了 |
[44:37] | I acted like a stupid little kid. | 我跟个傻小孩似的 |
[44:39] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[44:41] | And I’m sure she’s fooled plenty of adults, too. | 她肯定也骗过了很多成年人 |
[44:43] | She said she knew you. | 她说她认识你 |
[44:45] | I asked her everything I know | 我向她问了我所知道的一切 |
[44:47] | and she had an answer for everything. | 她全都答得上来 |
[44:50] | Then I realized I don’t know anything about you. | 于是我发现我完全不了解你 |
[44:56] | Mr. Chaough wants to see you. | 赵先生想见你 |
[45:01] | You did everything right. | 你没有一点错 |
[45:04] | Try and forget about it. | 努力忘了这一切吧 |
[45:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[45:07] | – Bye. – Sally. | -再见 -萨丽 |
[45:11] | I left the door open. | 是我忘了关门 |
[45:14] | It was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[45:18] | Okay. Bye. | 好吧 再见 |
[45:31] | I need to talk to you. | 我要跟你谈谈 |
[45:33] | Morning, fellas. | 早上好 各位 |
[45:36] | I’m fine. Thank you for asking. | 我没事 谢谢你的”问候” |
[45:38] | How could you bring Frank’s little girl here? | 你怎么能把弗兰克的小女儿带过来 |
[45:40] | I let her tag along. | 我让她跟来的 |
[45:42] | I kept an eye on her, didn’t I, Don? | 我一直盯着她呢 是吧 唐 |
[45:44] | Who? | 谁 |
[45:45] | Wendy. | 温迪 |
[45:47] | Believe me, it’s a lot better than what could have happened | 相信我 要是我让她一个人去格林威治村闯荡 |
[45:48] | if I had let her loose in the Village like she wanted. | 可能会比这糟糕得多呢 |
[45:51] | Well, that’s not what her mother thinks. | 她妈妈可不这么想 |
[45:53] | What the hell went on here this weekend? | 周末这里发生了什么 |
[45:54] | Half of this work is gibberish. | 这作品有一半都文理不通 |
[45:56] | “Chevy” is spelled wrong. | 雪佛兰都写错了 |
[45:58] | Look, I am going to continue on Chevy | 听着 我要以创意总监的身份 |
[45:59] | in my function as creative director. | 继续做雪佛兰的项目 |
[46:01] | That is, evaluating other people’s work. | 也就是评估别人的作品 |
[46:04] | That’s all I can do right now. | 我现在只能做这些 |
[46:07] | Call me around 1970 | 等到1970年 |
[46:08] | when they’re ready to make an ad. | 他们准备好做广告了再打电话给我 |
[46:10] | What are you talking about? I can’t do this by myself. | 你在说什么 我一个人可做不来 |
[46:12] | I’m sorry, Ted. | 抱歉 泰德 |
[46:14] | But every time we get a car, | 但我们每次一接到汽车的项目 |
[46:15] | this place turns into a whorehouse. | 这地方就成了个妓院 |